1.12/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Discover a great timeshare now

804 Wyndham Vacation Resorts Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have been an owner with Wyndham for 17 years. During that time they have been a pretty good company. The customer service was good and when we had any problems they were quickly rectified. That is not the case anymore. Now they only want your money and once they have it they don't care about you at all. I recently had over a million points taken out of my account without my authorization. I spent two and a half hours on the phone with a customer care representative named Steve. He researched everything and acknowledged that the points should not have been taken out of my account, but he didn't know where they all went. He assured me that points just don't disappear into thin air and they would research it further and get to the bottom of it, and call me back. They never called back.

My husband called them and went through everything with a new person who said they would look into it. Nothing has been done. Between my husband and I we have made over ten phone calls and no one is doing anything. After the 4th phone call they said that a case had not even been opened on it. Every phone call is hours of our time as we have to go through the whole thing with a new person. Meanwhile I am paying maintenance fees on points that I can't use, because they were stolen from me, and paying for hotel rooms since I can't use my points.

Original review: April 16, 2019

After being chased by Wyndham "Offers and deal" people I decided to give them some time to listen the offer. Have to say sales rep was speaking thousands of words per second and painting ALL the nice stuff I could get by buying the offer. So, I finally said yes. After I got the confirmation email I booked my vacation. I wanted to make sure I understood everything she said and I got all the info ahead of time. So I went back again and review the 4 pages. When I got to "Terms and conditions" I read the requirements which I didn't know since she NEVER explains those. So I spend over 1 hour with a sales rep (John) to explain me again and as usual he transferred me to another Customer service rep (Omar). He said that I did have those requirements. (End of call.) After 10 mins Omar calls me again to tell me that the info he gave me was incorrect so they will cancel my offer and refund me which I didn't want.

So they Never said it was a timeshare kind of deal, Never said the requirements, told me incorrect information and decided to just not give me anything. This is so disappointed. They kept saying they want to go above and beyond for their customers... but all that it's BS. That's just a catch. After staying with Wyndham hotels for more than 8 years that is how they treat their customers??? I'm not giving them any penny again!!!! Never staying again with them.

Original review: April 8, 2019

HORRIBLE! The Wyndham brand of hotels are a nice hotel chain. However, please stay AWAY from this particular location, Baymont Indianapolis East 2311 N. Shadeland Ave, Indianapolis In. This location has the rudest desk staff I have ever seen. ** works the front desk and has the nastiest attitude and is rude and unfriendly, she totally screwed up my reservation from day one. ** is the general manager, she puts on a smiley face but is also rude, I witnessed her yelling at a man in the breakfast area. I do not know what the relationship was between her and this man but she was very loud, rude and disrespectful to him. **, who also works the front desk is of absolutely NO help at all in resolving issues with the hotel and none of them will give the name and contact info of the

owner so that you can air a complaint. They wouldn't even give me the number to Wyndham Customer Care, I had to google it.

The so called "hot" breakfast they serve on the weekend is absolutely horrible! You would be better off just walking across the yard to Bob Evans. The hotel has a LOT of unfinished "renovation" cosmetic flaws, which make the ENTIRE hotel and rooms look a MESS. The ice machine on the 4th floor did not work. I should have checked the reviews online for this location before I booked it because I would have seen all the bad reviews they have and booked somewhere else.

Also please be aware that even tho the sign on the room door says check out time is 12:00 NOON (I'm sure by now they have probably changed it after my dispute with them)! It is actually 11:00 am and they will charge you $50 if you stay past checkout time!! And they DO NOT CARE if the sign was misleading! This staff is completely unforgiving, uncaring, unfriendly and RUDE. They will do ANYTHING to charge you extra money! Read the online reviews! Do yourself a favor and stay SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Every time I use my timeshare to go on vacation, I am intensely pressured to upgrade my contract. The salespeople that work for Wyndham are extremely pushy and rude. They refuse to take no for an answer and will not allow me to leave the “Owner Update Meetings” until I give them more money and upgrade my contract with Wyndham. These meetings are quickly turned into sales pitches and never update me on anything. I have become so frustrated with Wyndham and their salespeople that I do not want to use my timeshare to go on vacation anymore.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Every time we try to have a nice, relaxing vacation, Wyndham ruins it. Multiple salespeople are constantly calling the phone in our in our room at all hours of the day and night. They lie and tell us they want to update us on the new changes that Wyndham has made, but this "UPDATE" quickly turns it into a sales presentation. We have tried to ignore the phone calls, but they never stop. The salespeople never get tired of calling your room. Once they finally get you on the phone, they won't leave you alone until you agree to go to one of their "OWNER UPDATE MEETING". We don't even look forward to going on vacation with Wyndham because their employees are so obnoxious and annoying.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: March 26, 2019

I made a reservation at Wyndham Seawatch Plantation in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for the weekend of March 22 to 24. I have stayed there before several times and thoroughly enjoyed it. My friend and I were meeting in Myrtle Beach and we chose Seawatch Plantation because they have two indoor pools and it was near activities that we had planned for the weekend. On Friday, March 22, at approximately 12 PM, four hours before we were to check in, I received an email stating that I needed to call Wyndham. I called them and they told me that my reservation had been canceled due to "unforeseen circumstances."

I was actually driving to Myrtle Beach as it is about a 3 Hour Drive for me and a 5 Hour drive for my friend. We were both on the road and were told that I had no place to stay. I told them this was not acceptable and They stated that they could put me at their “Towers on the Grove” property in North Myrtle Beach. I initially made the reservation at Seawatch because they have indoor pools and tennis courts were nearby. I told them Towers on the Grove was not comparable because there was no indoor pool and not in the location I wanted. They then said I could look on the internet to find accommodations.

They refunded my money but offered nothing else, basically saying they were sorry but could do nothing to help me. So, I was in Myrtle Beach with nowhere to stay and many of the nicer resorts that offered the accommodations I wanted were full. I found somewhere else that evening but this was extremely stressful, especially after a long work week. The customer service was horrible, to say the least. They don’t care about their guests, and cancelling a reservation on the day of check in is totally unacceptable.

Original review: March 25, 2019

My husband & I went to timeshare meeting while on our anniversary trip. We bought into Wyndham 2-year Discovery Timeshare ‘200,000’ points in 3/2017. We made a couple of reservations. We stayed at one place in Sept 2018. The other reservation was for Dec 2018, which I had to cancel due to surgery. I called to cancel and was told it was cancelled, & I called closer to the planned date to confirm & was told it was cancelled! I recently tried to make another reservation before the two years membership expired only to be told I had just 3,000 points left! I asked WHY? They said I didn’t cancel the Dec 2018 reservation & had forfeited the points - over 100,000 points. I was in disbelief!

The customer rep was not very pleasant so I requested to speak with a higher up & was told the matter was already reviewed & no reason to transfer me to a supervisor! She said there was nothing they could do I would not get back the points. Their tactics scream cheaters, underhanded, & just plain unscrupulous. I’m glad We did not buy into the long term timeshare ownership, we only had the discovery trial package. If they do this to us I can’t imagine what happens to those with the ownership timeshare that they can’t easily get out of! Never again, don’t want any of those ‘timeshare’ offerings. We lost/wasted almost $3,000. Be wary of them!! We’ll plan & pay for our trips the old fashion way!!

Original review: March 21, 2019

My wife and I visited Gatlinburg in March 2019. While there we stopped in Kroger to get some groceries and as we were leaving we stopped by a kiosk where a lady had a bunch of brochures for activities around the area. Being a family of six we knew our money would not get us very far with all the attractions and high prices. The lady told us she could get us 50-60% off of attractions if my wife and I agreed to sit in a presentation for 2 hours. Immediately I pushed for us to leave knowing it was a timeshare scam but my wife convinced me that we wouldn’t say yes and two hours for two things we otherwise wouldn’t be able to do would be worth it.

So the next morning we attended an earlier time so we could be out of there sooner. We were greeted with “free” coffee before we headed up to the main conference room where a lady sat us down and began asking general questions. As soon as we mentioned our kids she persisted on asking more about our vacations with them and how life is short blah blah blah. We then went to another room where another salesman talked to us and had us watch a video. Up to this point it wasn’t bad but I knew what was coming.

When the video ended we took a tour of the “rooms” that we would be offered if we bought into the program. First error we saw was she told us the rooms were presidential suites but when we were in the room she suddenly started calling it a studio loft? After the tour we went back and sat at a table with what was now another salesman and the lady that walked us around. She sat quietly as the sales guy began his pressure talk. In the middle of him joking and relating to us (gag) another guy walked by giving him a paper to which he immediately shoved under the table. He joked with us some more then brought it out casually. A credit check. (More gagging). I crossed my arms and said I was not having my credit ran because I had worked hard to bring it up to buy a house. Whatever you do, do NOT let them credit check you.

After I said no I told him where my credit was at and that if he wanted to show me his program tiers that we would just have to go on my word. He left and never came back. Instead we saw him go on to another table. Then we are given the different tier plans by another sales guy. This guy was here to make the deal. Pulled out every tactic in the book. Even went as far as saying if we didn’t do this we didn’t want what was best for our kids. We stayed persistent with our NO’s and eventually they gave up. We got up and the lady said we would need to be checked out and again we are taken to a table where another sales guy began giving us a survey.

At the end he asks if the lady told us about the trial membership... No? How convenient! So now we are sitting for another 20 minutes to tell us about this much more affordable option. At this point my wife was seeming more interested in something that was more affordable and less contract oriented. I had a real bad feeling and told her there was no way right there I could say yes. Surprisingly enough the man agreed to let us go home and think about it. We got our discount tickets and went on our way. When I got home I found these reviews and I am so glad we didn’t give into these guys. I just feel bad for the couple that we saw agree to the program. (They announced it to everyone.)

Original review: March 20, 2019

Attention to those of you who are unaware of the scam that Wyndham Vacation Resorts is running & I strongly advise that you avoid this company at all cost... I won't bore you guys with the long details of my horror story dealing with them but Let's say that getting a refund from them is so far beyond HELL THAT SATAN HIMSELF WOULDN'T DEAL WITH THEM!! What company makes you send out a handwritten letter in order to receive a refund & then turn around after a 2 week follow up & say, "Oh BTW you needed a Post Office receipt for the letter you handwritten as proof that you mailed it out to us."

Like excuse me What?? Now I myself should had known right then & there to contact my Credit Card Company (STILL WILL) from the moment these Wyndham snakes ask me to write a letter for money that's rightfully mine. If they took it electronically & they need to give it back the same way. These people are con artist & will most certainly make payday off of you so please heed my warning & AVOID, AVOID, AVOID BY ALL MEANS. They don't even deserve 1⭐.

Original review: March 20, 2019

They make it so easy to get into these memberships, but getting out is a completely different story. I inherited mine from my parents. After years of paying $800 a year in membership dues and never, ever being able to book a stay in a desirable property, I put my membership up for sale on RedWeek. I priced it low and it sold quickly.

Then the fun started. The deal went into escrow in mid-August of 2018. The escrow company, and I, had to deal with the title department at Worldmark. The process of transferring title has taken 7 months and it is still going on! Every time I had to interact with them, and it was numerous times, it would take them anywhere from 1-2 months to respond, if they responded at all. For whatever reason, they couldn't provide the needed documentation all at once... It had to be requested in stages.

For example, I waited more than a month to get a "special" form from them that asked for nothing more than the contact info for the buyer and seller. But eventually I received my proceeds from closing and presumed the deal was completed. Wrong. Even though the escrow company told me the dues from Q4 were to be rolled into the closing statement, Worldmark did not credit the payment and put me in collection. Without bothering to tell anybody, of course, as is their custom. So now I owe dues from Q4, a collection fee, and because Worldmark has sat on it _again_ for a month, I will owe another quarter of dues.

This company is a trainwreck. The only thing they do well is upsell and hound users about "member education" events, where they can sell you more points you will only be able to use in garden spots like Fresno or one of their dumps like Palm Springs. Worldmark needs to acquire the Hotel California, because you can check in any time you want but you can never leave.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Arrived 3/9-3/15. We were very unhappy with Tidewater. The lack of being able to park on the 2nd floor garage when I paid for a 2nd floor unit started this whole thing. Having never been here, the front desk did not make any sense in explaining what we needed to do nor was there any communication to us prior to arrival that the 2nd floor was being pressure washed and repainting lines. We arrive in this unit to find mildew in the bath and shower of both bathrooms. The sofa in this unit is FILTHY. I had shoulder surgery 4 weeks ago. If I could not sleep in the bed, which has been how it is at home, I sleep on the couch sitting up. There is no way I will sleep on this one! he red wall in the kitchen is nasty too. We wanted coffee last night. Guess what? The coffee maker didn’t work. I had to go buy one at the dollar store AFTER having just come from Walmart.

Last but not least, see the final pics of my husband’s feet. Mine were this way too. This is after we had been walking around this unit with bare feet. We had not been outside at all. So before we could go to bed, we had to wash our feet. Needless to say, I am wearing flip flops in this supposedly “cleaned” unit so my feet don’t turn black again.

All of this is totally unacceptable for the amount of money we paid to stay here. We come here with my son’s high school ball team every year. This will be the one and only time we stay at Tidewater. On Sunday the 10th, I emailed someone at Wyndham resorts and as of Monday 3/18, I have still not heard from her. On Monday 3/11, they sent a young lady in to clean the mildew in both bathrooms. She still didn’t get it all and then her idea of mopping the floor is to walk around the whole unit with a spray bottle and mop as she went.

Needless to say it was not clean after she got through. Apparently, no one’s ever taught her how to mop the floor. our feet were still dirty after she mopped the floor. So that leads me to wonder how many more units weren’t actually cleaned. There are plenty of other places in Panama City Beach to stay so we won’t be staying here again and apparently people‘s concerns are not a concern to them because you don’t hear anything back.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I had to give a star to post this review. I will give them zero stars. Wish I could give minus stars. Do not buy into Wyndham Timeshare Ownership. It will not be worth the headache. They will tell you they have flexibility in planning your vacation anywhere anytime but that is not true. You have to book at minimum a year in advance and then you will be lucky if there is availability for your entire vacation.

They will invite you on special "VIP" weekends and then scam you into "upgrading" which is their version of sucking more money out of you. They may even open credit accounts in your name that you are not aware of until you get the first bill. I know this as fact because they did it to us. Their version of an upgrade is you will have to make another down payment. They will lie to you about services you're entitled to with your ownership and after the fact those services won't be available too because you do did not purchase enough points.

This is a contract you can never get out of. They will tell you you can get out of the contract but you have to continue to pay. They will even ask you to lie about your annual income so that you qualify. They will try to tell you that their timeshare program is the best because it is worldwide and you can travel anywhere and your children can inherit it. Keep in mind all timeshares are inheritable if you own them! Just a horrible company to work with and I would suggest running as far away as fast as you can if you are approached about a Wyndham timeshare.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Wyndham salespeople will do anything to make a sale. We quickly found out that 70,000 points was not going to get a family of 6 anywhere. Our salesperson at Glacier Canyon told us that our first salesperson screwed us over, and they were going to make it right. The sales office in Glacier Canyon told us to call them if we needed anything, but every time we call they do not ever answer our call. We have left several voicemails and never once received a returned call. Wyndham will promise anything you want to hear just to make a sale. They never intend to keep any of their promises. All they care about is taking your money.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

STAY AWAY PLEASE for YOUR OWN SAFETY AND COMFORT. I have had an absolutely horrible experience with Wyndham. I signed up for a vacation package with Wyndham Resorts for a stay at the Wyndham in NYC. Prior to participating in this sales pitch for their timeshares I had the opportunity to stay at two Wyndham properties in Atlanta, Georgia and Manama, Bahrain. Between the both I encountered blood stained sheets, hair on the bath towels, phones not working, bed bugs, dirty and mildew in the showers, and a very non-responsive and indifferent management. When I attempted to cancel my “vacation package” I was told I cannot. They also said that the Wyndham properties are not the same as the vacation properties. I asked if both were owned by the same shareholders and I was told yes. I asked if both reported to the same CEO and Chairman, I was told yes.

The response from the Orlando Fla staff and the Corporate Office was deplorable, defensive, intentionally misleading and not very honest. I did mention to them that I was an educated person and capable of self-recognition but was still treated in a very patronizing manner. I strongly recommend booking all your hotel stays and “vacation travel packages” with a non Wyndham property. Also check your bed for bugs and sheets with blood stains and your towels for someone else’s hair. Check your phone and make sure all the light bulbs work prior to accepting the room. Also do not order an omlet from room service. In Atlanta is not delivered on a tray or table and you must eat it off your bed and in Bahrain it is served burnt with none of the “extras” you asked to be included.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Wyndham Timeshare Nightmare, this is, of course, one of the biggest mistakes ever... Now, after 10 months w/ Timeshare Exit Team, who says it will get us out, I want to look at recouping the massive amount of $$$ spent AND punitive damages. Please, any referrals to existing action(s) or anyone interested in starting one.TY, Bill.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

My husband and I attended a presentation on November 6, 2018, while on our honeymoon in Las Vegas. The presentation got us thinking that what they said made sense. We want to travel more and thought this would afford us those opportunities. Our salesman David, appeared nice enough and was helpful during our discussion. We advised him that we couldn't afford to purchase right now but would think about it for the future. He pushed and pressured us into different ways we could finance the purchase that day.

Reluctantly, we purchased and made the biggest mistake of our lives. All the information provided to us during our sales pitch was a complete lie! We did not realize this until we returned home and began receiving information from Wyndham. I immediately contacted our salesman and the quality assurance manager, who both told me there was nothing I could do but suggested I contact the main office in Orlando. I contact them immediately to have our case reviewed to get out of our contract. Today, February 20, 2019, 4 months later! They tell me I'm stuck with it but because of all the hassle they'll pay my maintenance fees for the year. I want nothing to do with this company and want to sell. I will be researching resale.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Came to a hotel on vacation and was told we had to come and get our “welcome package”. Ultimately we agreed to do a two hour timeshare consultation to get points towards free nights at a hotel and for some tickets. I’ll point out the pros first and then the cons. A free mediocre lunch. The speaker was pretty funny so it was somewhat entertaining. Our rep was very friendly.

Cons: We were told it was two hours but it ended up being three hours (vacation time is precious). They said there was no pressure and that you didn’t have to buy but then they try to force multiple options on you. After speaking with our one on one rep another person came over with the “offers”. They had no personality and seemed to get more and more angry when the answer remained no. Every time they were given a logical answer they tried to make a rebuttal, down to the point where they made it seem like I would ruin my kids' childhood memories because I was saying no. At this point I was completely done listening and I’m completely offended.

Ultimately they made everything look great; to the point where you really want to consider it but they give you no time to think it over and demand an answer on the spot. When you say no they bring out other options at a prorated amount with less days. This continues over a 20 minute period. Then they bring over another person with the survey and they try to sell you a final attempt package. After explaining my extremely logical and level headed reasons like a broken record, we were finally able to collect our points and tickets and leave.

Overall it went from a pretty good presentation to the feeling of unnecessary urgency... If they had given us time to think and research...they probably would have sold us. But when someone pushes something and doesn’t want you to think about it...it makes you think that they don’t believe in their offers and makes the place less appealing because they know you’re not going to like what you research.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Need help! Was in Las Vegas December 2018. Have been a owner for over 10 years. Long story short was fed lies and deceptions in order to sell me more points. Have written statement from a friend sitting with me during sales pitch and my sister over the phone (also a account owner). Was told I had $22K in "assessment fees" that will HAVE TO GET PAID. Turns out they used that line among other to deceive me into buying more points. Has anyone else received these lies? I need help!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

In December 2018 I was in Orlando Universal Studio. A sales offered 7 nights at Margarita Villa in Puerto Rico for listening 1 hour presentation. Attended presentation and it was not appealing and I am already Hilton vacation owner. I rejected offer. A person came to take feedback. Said he is senior and wanted to take feedback and wanted us to consider another offer. 400,000 points without any commitment. Most attractive feature is it can be cancelled and you can make monthly payment as low as 60 dollars but should be completed before months. In that 24 months you can cancel at anytime as far as you have not started using the points. Since it can be cancelled at any time we bought it.

They bring contract papers one by one. First page itself I observed a discrepancy. Discrepancy was, sales person told us you can use this package even without paying one installment and once you use promotion you can pay it off in 24 months or before contract ends. But in the contract it was written that 1450 had to be paid minimum to activate promotional package. When we enquired about it he said you can mark it as not applicable. This is how they gain confidence and he brought last page where cancellation policy is written just before we left and got our signature. It was a catch and it says within 10 Days we have to cancel.

After vacation many few weeks later since I didn’t make payment and wanted to know how I make payment I called customer service then I got all information about cheating, mind game cheating. Cheating number 1 - cancellation is not for 24 months. It should be done within 10 days contractually. Cheating number 2 - entire amount 3800 dollars to be paid within 6 months or else they will charge interest rate for the whole amount. Please beware with this company.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I recently booked a Wyndham hotel for one week through a 3rd party. (Hey, I like to save money!) Upon checkout from the hotel I asked the office personnel to please add the Wyndham Reward points onto my account. Their response was that I didn't qualify due to the fact that I booked my stay through a third party! So either you book directly through the hotel, pay full price and receive Wyndham points, or book through a 3rd party as save money from the get-go! It's no brainer!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I rented a cabin called Nature's Paradise in December 2018. The cabin was supposed to be ready for a 4pm check in time but was not ready until 6pm. We were told that the linen had to be changed however the maids had not cleaned the unit at all. When we finally go in at 6pm we still could not enter because the floor were all wet from the recent mopping. After checking in we had to call twice regarding the heater. The temperature in the unit was in the 40s and going down instead of going up.

Finally at 11pm a A/C repairmen was sent out and he had to replace a part. We continually complained about the inoperable hot tub. The motor needed to be replaced. The hot tub vibrated the whole cabin. The noise was so loud we could not even sleep at night. The agency made a small compensation for their shortcomings however was not nearly enough for our inconvenience. The bottom line is that the heater & hot tub never did work properly. These mechanical items should have been inspected prior to anyone renting this unit. I will never do any business with Wyndham Vacation Rentals again!!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We were approached by a friendly man at our hotel who asked us what we were in town (Las Vegas) for. When we told him, he wanted to give us a “gift” so he called over to the lady at the desk “Let’s give these two some tickets for a show.” So I’m on the hook... We hesitantly agree to a 2 hr 9am breakfast presentation and are assured it’s no pressure and “hey you get free breakfast and 5 show tickets.” We arrive shortly before 9 and check-in. They assign you a one on one salesman who acts like your best friend and tries to subtly dig into your personal life. Breakfast was cheap and portioned out for you - scrambled eggs, greasy potatoes, 2 sausage links, coffee or water.

The presenter was personable (former longtime bartender) and focused his spiel on - spend time with your family, don’t work too much, life is short, tomorrow’s never promised, blah blah blah. Anyways at this point it’s 10:30am and nobody has gotten to the point yet. You know - the $$$. We try to politely prod our sales rep to get to the point and drop the salesman tactics but he can’t. We originally agreed to touring the property Wyndham has in Vegas as part of our 2 hour presentation but at 10:49 with only 11 minutes left before our 2 hours was up we flat out refused.

That’s when our sales rep became a jerk, snide comments, tried to tell us we weren’t getting our tickets because we have to go to the resort, that we were late (not true) and the presentation didn’t start until almost 9:30 (not our problem). He also told us, "Next time don’t attend a timeshare presentation." Luckily my fiancée and I have no problem standing up for ourselves and demanded to speak with someone in charge. We took the high road and only focused on the promised 2 hour time frame and that we gave them their 2 hours and now we want what was promised us and to go enjoy our day in Vegas. The manager was friendly and nonconfrontational. She just told the man at the desk to get us our tickets and asked me to fill out a report for her. The show was good :) but NOT worth the aggravation. This is the short version of our experience.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I went to a Wyndham timeshare presentation the end of December 2018 while on vacation with my family. I am currently a WorldMark timeshare owner for many years and have made it work well for my family vacation needs. Wyndham pitched to me what they touted as a “hybrid” timeshare ownership which they claimed would enhance my WorldMark ownership. They told me in their sales pitch about various advantages and it all sounded good. In summary it was presented To me as a “no additional cost” ability to use my WorldMark points to book Wyndham timeshare rooms on the same level as all current VIP Wyndham timeshare owners.

It all sounded good so I purchased some Wyndham points. They told me that the offer I was being presented would never be offered to me ever again if I did not choose to purchase one of the presented substantial discount price offers. Thank god Florida has a 10-day rescission law which allows timeshare purchasers to decide to cancel the purchase by merely sending a notice to the timeshare to cancel the purchase. I cancelled the purchase after the following discovery I did.

After doing my detailed review of the contract I could not find language in the contract that matched anything I was told that was important to me. My next step was to call the Wyndham new owner number and was connected to the appropriate locations to answer my questions accurately. I soon discovered that the details of what was represented to me was not accurate. I called three times over three days and spoke to three different representatives. I wanted to ensure I was getting accurate information over the phone and I believe I did. I was on the phone 35 minutes to over an hour each time. This is the main issues I found out:

1. I was led to believe I could book Wyndham rooms using WorldMark points up to 13 months before check in day with no point transfer fee. FALSE. There is a $99.00 transfer fee in every case and the maximum advance booking for transferred points is only 9-months. 2. My new ownership will have access to book any Wyndham units with my WorldMark points. FALSE. There are only a few rooms made available in the Wyndham resorts that are allowed to be booked with WorldMark points and they are the “least” demand rooms with only a fraction of the total room count made available to WorldMark points.

3. I was told I could book reservations with one Wyndham point and use my WorldMark points to be added to the Wyndham booking fee free. This is totally false. It is not allowed to happen this way period. 4. I found out that at selected Wyndham resort locations you can book units using WorldMark points two weeks ahead of check in without unit restrictions. This only works if you pay the $99.00 transfer fee and book locations that still have availability. Good luck with that one. 5. I was told I would have VIP level 25% booking discount for both Wyndham and transferred WorldMark points when booking for the next two years. First off the discount don’t apply to WorldMark points at all and only applies to reservations made two months or less prior to occupancy. Good luck with that one.

There are other things I found to be not as represented. These are the ones that if were completely true without all of the restrictions would have been worth it to me. The timeshare sales department touted all of the advantages but failed to disclose all of the very bad restrictions which make the purchase just not worth it. Wyndham does not make it easy to get to the details of the restrictions so a buyer can make an informed decision. If these restrictions I have listed above would have been disclosed to me at the time of purchase I would not have wasted my time or the sales staff time. It’s too bad I had to go through a difficult discovery process the get the details. I believe most buyers fall prey to high handed deceptive sales tactics and don’t realize the mistake they made until they are stuck with the purchase.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I started my time trial timeshare 16 months ago and I'm beyond glad it's almost over in 2 months. These people are heartless and will lie all day to get your money. I was told in the beginning that my fiance and I would receive 5-6 free trips since we will be paying $120 per month for 18 months. Also, we could go to many different locations. In reality, we were able to go on TWO trips (Oregon and Oceanside) which are both nothing to write home about. I tried booking a 3rd trip which I couldn't do without paying more money. No matter how much you complain, they will never let you out of your contract prior to the 18 months being completed.

I honestly feel like this is the most corrupt, savage and lousy company I've ever dealt with and would rather work and McDonald's for the rest of my life before I give them another dollar in the future. It made more sense to pay for our own trips than pay them $120 per month for that long which got us two trips. Oh yeah and we can only go during times when it's raining or else they want us to use more points. Take my advice and never say yes to these people or you'll regret it 100% months later.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I was at one of the theme parks and they were inside the park. From the start we were apprehensive, but the gentleman who claimed to be the supervisor promised it would be a 90 minute presentation, no pressure and offered a 7 nights free hotel stay and a $25 gift card in addition to our $40 refund. The sales rep was very nice, the head of the presentation was a comedian, made the presentation very fun, he said it would only take 45 minutes which was better than the 90 minutes we were willing to endure...

From 8am to 11:43am we were there. If you say No to the first offer, they'll offer you something else, if you say No then another offer comes, if you say No a 3rd time then another offer comes... 3 different gentlemen later and 6 NOs later we were finally able to leave. Personally this was too good to be true, is not worth my time and almost 4 hours I will never get back to spend with my family. I was told from the beginning "if you say no, I won't pressure you, you will be on your way". Don't tell me that if you are going to bring 3 different people and I have to repeat NO 6 times.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I had purchased a certificate from Wyndham, resortcerts.com. This is valid for a year and I was wrongly promised that I would be getting 7 free nights at no cost at all, anywhere within USA. This was a ** lie, because when I logged into their portal, I saw that I was being charged for everything. They are charging per night basis even with the certificate! I just want to get a refund, because while purchasing this certificate, they had promised me free 7 nights. Without any extra payment at all!

Now it turns out to be some bogus scheme! Please take back my certificate and refund the money! These people even forced me to go to some ** Sales presentation of 2 hours!! They were forcing me to buy more memberships there! Even after I told them that I don't want to attend the presentation. They simply said that they will not give the certificate till then. I freaking paid like 70-100$ to buy the certificate and now I cannot even use it coz they lied to me, saying that I will get 7 free nights!! Fraudsters!! >.<

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I have been a owner since early 90s, back when it was Fairfield in Orlando, it was nice, Now that Wyndham owns it, it has been the worst experience, The Mgr. at the Smokey Mtn. Resort, (which there has been several in the 10 years that I have been going there) was the worst. This was a getaway and Xmas present for my wife who had knee surgery, and still recovering, they wanted us in a 1 bedroom cracker box, they call a suite. They have changed their wording that now the 1 bedroom deluxe, is now the full size units. Their records even shows we, have never stayed in anything but a 1 bedroom deluxe. If I had the money and the time I feel a good attorney, could make a great case for a lawsuit and class action suit. My wife even heard a employee tell a guest regarding some changes from the CEO, possibly a takeover.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Horrible experience. This company truly stinks and their customer service team provided zero help, complete lack of interest in helping, and a poor attitude. After three days of back and forth and the hotel advising us to call their support team, then having to wait additional days because they are closed on weekends, emailing the email address they refer to in their automatic recording, they were still not interested in assisting with an existing reservation over email or when I finally was connected to a representative this morning. After nearly a week we are still getting absolutely no help, we are now three days out from our check in date and very disappointed. Note, this is not a budget stay or a budget resort. After paying a premium for a 4 star experience we would likely have better service from an econo lodging provider. Advise: stay away if you expect any type of assistance with your vacation.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

DO NOT BUY WYNDHAM TIMESHARE POINTS! I never used a timeshare and went to a presentation. Started to believe in everything they were saying and purchased a contact. Everything our sales rep Clea was saying was all BIG LIE! Tried to make a reservation two months in advance at their Pocono resort and they had nothing available, but on any other websites there were availability! Apparently they had nothing available for the owners, but I could book as regular person and pay cash. The only discount I got is 30%. So I had to pay cash even though they gave me silver VIP owner status and other perks and I pay for this owner's contract!

I tried to make reservation at their resorts in MA, NH or nearby and all the winter weekends are booked! Some of their resorts don't have anything available until 2020 or nothing at all! They explain it as these are affiliate resorts and they have only few availability even though they are on their resorts map. If you try to book at RCI you need to transfer points and pay for it. It takes 2-3 days to transfer and by then all units are gone! This system is totally useless! To use your points to book a hotel you need to book at least two months in advance! So basically we are stuck with these Wyndham payments and can't even go to a vacation! And can't even get out of this contract! Their customer service is very ignorant! Never help and is so useless! DO NOT BUY IT. NEVER!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

We checked into our hotel, Rosen Inn in Orlando, then were told to follow up at the next desk to receive our 'free' welcome gift. Went to the desk, lady asked for my driver's license. She filled out the application with my info, put it on the counter. Started talking about how it was a $40 deposit, in the morning I would get $140 back plus a $100 AMEX card to spend. I was like, this is weird. Red flag. What kind of free gift from the hotel would need a deposit? She would not stop blabbering! We also didn't meet the age requirements nor did we meet the minimum salary. Another red flag.

I asked her if there was more information on this. She pointed to the tiny application, the size of a 5x5 paper and said that all the info I needed was on that paper and that my questions would be answered at a presentation that was 120 minutes long. All I had to do was sign. I read the fine print on the bottom of the paper and saw it was signing us up for a Wyndham timeshare. I looked at her and said I don't want to purchase a timeshare. She said we weren't purchasing anything and then proceeded to start with the whole "What happened? You said you were gonna do it?" No. We were never gonna do it lady! We were told by the hotel it was a free welcome gift. LIES! The couple behind us waiting for their "free" gift realized what was happening and they walked away. Thank god my husband was there to help me say no. These people are liars and scammers! Trust your guts when it tells you to say no.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information