1.0/5 (90 ratings)

About Wyndham Vacation Resorts

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

So in 2019 we visit Vegas and arrived in our hotel. Before we went inside the hotel, many ladies told us we could get free dinner and bla bla bla if we would like to spend our time to listen to their program the next day. Sound good. We just need to listen and they give us free dinner and other gifts. We joined them and hopped on there the next morning. We arrived at the Wyndham building and somebody lead us to a representative. It's one on one coaching, I feel like that.

The representative lady explained to us to it and we decided to not buy it but we couldn't get out freely after a very long hour. Another guy came to approach us and we still didn't wanna buy it. Then another lady coming and she did make us buy the Trial one which was $4,000. They really made us tired and they did a good job to trap us with that Trial program. $4,000 for two years. We got 400,000 points. We made a down payment and the rest would be paid monthly for two years.

We only used about 150,000 points then on the second year the Covid outbreak hit us. We asked the extension as my husband lost the job and we couldn't get anywhere basically with a lot of restrictions during Covid. They gave us another 6 months extension with extended monthly payments of course. We able to use another about 50,000 on December 2021. Our time will be expire on Feb 2022. We still have almost 200,000. Only two months left. Can we donate it to our family or friends? NO. Because one of the Trial term and condition is that the account holder must be the one who present at the property. We stuck. We contact the Customer Service and they said we need to call them if we want another extension. I wish we wouldn't trap and just walked away on the day they offered us free dinner. The free dinner cost only less than $100 but we lost more than $4,000.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

Expect to pay a lot of money for nothing! All the glitz and glam that they show you during those mind draining presentations are false. All the beautiful spacious rooms with the best views are false! They told us we could avoid paying maintenance fees by using our Rewards card and for some reason Wyndham can not access our points. We stayed in a room in Nashville, and the room was hot. We turned the air on the left and came back when it was still 89 degrees in the room! All they offered was a fan and told us that we could move into another room the next day. The towel rack tore off the wall, pantry door broken, wall trimming missing, floor tiles in kitchen broken, and everything looked unsanitary. Definitely not what was shown during the sales presentation and definitely not the vacation of our dreams!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

My husband and purchased a Wyndham timeshare 2017. And it gets progressively worse each year! Limited vacations because point value decreases and you wind up going to the same locations! Maintenance fees go up each year! They don’t tell you that! Now in order to use the points you already pay for, they charge a reservation transaction fee. WHAT THE HECK IS THAT? They lead in promising you a lifetime of vacation for you and your family, but all you get is DEBT!!! And the rewards credit card they give is worthless. Points to rinky dink motels! They can’t do anything else for you! No plane tix, car rental, nothing!!! A Scam, a rip off, not worth it!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

Keep away from company, they just take your money, take about $450.00 for 2 night in San Antonio, first they take $100. After that 50, Mandatory tour. I missing that tour. They charge me $300 for 2 night in 3 star hotel, as penalty for missing tour. Trust me you can google all hotel and reserve better hotel and save your money. If you looking for tour you can rent Uber, do not waste your time and make them stealing your money.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

DIAMOND RESORTS IS A SCAM!!!! Do not be fooled with the free tickets to Disneyworld or Universal Studios they offer. That is just a way to lure you claiming all you have to do is sit through a 90-minute presentation. Who would pass up on resorts tickets to Disney or Universal Studios to just sit and listen to a 90-minute presentation! Again, don’t be fooled! This 90-minute sit through will take up half or your day. They are deceptive in the way they present the business. They claim it is an investment corresponding to the acquisition of real estate. At no time do the salespeople describe it as a timeshare.

Since purchasing the timeshare we have found it is impossible to carry out any commercial movement with a timeshare, such as selling it in these times of economic recession or any time for that matter as they have no value. Of course, none of this was told to us upon signing. READ the fine print! Do not let them rush through paperwork like they did us! There are maintenance fees and cost that are continuously inflated each year. Availability to find open resorts when we can vacation are never found. You would be better off renting for a week with no contractual obligation nor hurt to your family’s budget.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

We truly have had enough of this. We want out of our contract immediately. This is a waste of money and time. The holidays are approaching and spending time with our family is valuable to us. They told us that we could use it with our family and friends. We were sold on a dream, and that's exactly what this contract is..A made up dream. There is nothing truthful about what we're told. I can't believe Wyndham is able to sit there and do this to innocent people.

I would love to get our money back because we were told by multiple people, including a supervisor that we could book whenever and last min trips were easy. Booking a week is practically impossible. Then when we called to get help we were told that if we talk to a Wyndham employee that we may be charged a fee to help. I just can't stand being nickeled and dimed for every little thing, but up until signing of the contract everyone seemed so nice and willing to help, but once they get your money everything changes.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Stay as far away from Wyndham as possible! My wife and I were on our honeymoon in July when we were stopped by one of their representatives at SeaWorld in Florida who told us that our wristbands made us eligible for a free vacation. We SPECIFICALLY asked if this was for a timeshare and were told no. This is the ONLY reason we agreed to attend. At this presentation, they spent hours telling us about all the benefits to ownership with Wyndham. No matter how many times we said no, they just kept pushing and pushing us to make a purchase. We finally agreed because we were worn down, exhausted, and believed that they were truthful.

The idea of travelling worldwide, especially once our son was born, was the dream they sold us on. We went back to our hotel so excited for the ability to use this in the future. However, later we learned NONE OF THIS WAS TRUE. They sold us a pipe dream that does not exist and now all we have to show for it is the debt and ongoing bills that we will leave to our children. DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR LIES!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Wyndham would constantly call me for promotions. So I decided to hear them out. The sales person told me I can get if I bought the deal, I would get free nights, gift cards, all the fluff. They also lied to me saying I can stay “any” Wyndham hotel in the US. So I made the purchase and book my stays. Then when I wanted to book, it was only selected hotels and they must have timeshare event set up. So I resorted to limited selection and time. So my wife and I packed and travel for my stay. The hotel said they can’t pull up my reservation. I even show them the email confirmation with date and address. Nothing they can do. Straight ** and wasted our time. I went and booked another hotel which I paid out of pocket. After that, I called the next day and Wyndham just kept sending me in circles. I’ll told myself never to stay at Wyndham hotels and cut my losses and move on…

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

My parents purchased Trendwest (which then was WorldMark, now Wyndham) in 1993 - and for a while, it was great. Because only owners could go, or those approved by owners. Now it's a giant scam. Not only do we pay more every year, but they now allow ANYONE to stay, you can rarely ever get a room, and they continuously pester owners to attend sales pitches to "get better benefits" (which means paying more money to get more ** but not have to pay for wifi).

This last time took the cake. Seaside, OR was ridiculously packed, they pestered us no less than half a dozen times before we said we'd go. Then my son was sick (we didn't know if it was covid, so we stayed put and rescheduled), and then mother and I were sick. We told them 4 times we needed to cancel because we weren't sure if we had covid and weren't leaving the room. They charged us $40 for not showing (even though the woman who CAME TO OUR DOOR AT 10PM) said it would be $20. I tried disputing with my credit card, but these shysters managed to convince my credit card company that I was in the wrong. (Btw only AFTER they charged my credit card did I get an email telling me it was non-refundable). Needless to say, after almost 30 years of ownership ... WE'RE SELLING. DON'T FALL FOR THIS SCAM.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

My wife and I were visiting Myrtle Beach when we were asked if we would be willing to visit one of the Wyndham Resorts in the area in exchange for a $200 gift card. It was not until we arrived at the resort that we learned that the only way to earn this “gift” was to sit through a sales presentation. We were hesitant but agreed to sit through the presentation. When we met with the sales representative, we were told that because we were “retirement age”, the ability to travel whenever and wherever we wanted should be of utmost importance to us. They even ran my wife’s credit, not mine, and then began to specifically target her. They continually told us that this was a real estate investment that she would be able to leave to our children in the future and that they would be able to continue to profit from the returns in the future.

Do not fall for these lies!! We ONLY made these purchases because we believed that this would enhance our lives, as well as those of our children and grandchildren. Most importantly, we were told that we would be able to enjoy discounts to Disney World due to Wyndham’s relationship with Disney, which we knew our family would love and use frequently. THIS WAS NOT TRUE EITHER!!! What type of company allows their employees to target seniors and exploit them financially? What a terrible company!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

My wife and I traveled to Panama City Beach, FL for a short getaway and was stopped by a young lady working for Wyndham at a booth at Pier Park. She told us we would receive a $75 gift card, along with a 7 night and 3 night stay at their resorts just for going to their 90 minute presentation, all for the “wonderful” cost of $75. I was hesitant, but my wife insisted on at least receiving the gifts. The next day we arrive at the presentation, where they offer this horrible pulled pork burrito and coffee for breakfast.

Surprisingly, the presentation was about an hour and they go into detail about how the average vacation cost over 25 years is around $110k. From there, we were paired with a rep and she gave us a short tour of the property and went into explaining how all of the guests we were seeing were only “owners” and friends/family of owners because everyday people can’t book a stay in their resorts. Yeah, pretty sure that was a bold faced lie. She then showed us a one bedroom and two bedroom unit, both of which were very nice. After the tour, we get back to her desk and she begins to want to talk numbers. My wife and I went in with the mentality of “No” already, so right as we sat down, our rep wanted to run our “qualifications” to see what we would be able to receive in credit.

I let the rep know that I wasn’t comfortable with having my credit run without knowing what figures could look like. She says, "No problem" and brings who I assume is a sales manager to shows us what numbers could look like. I took one glance at that page and the most glaring thing was a monthly fee of $260 a month for 120 months at an 18% interest rate on about a 17k loan!!! Are you kidding me? Her manager then goes to tell us we’re in luck because we “prequalified” to be in their upper tier and would receive the best credit options available. Now, mind you neither my wife or I have provided them with any info such as SSN, so how have we prequalified for anything without you at least being able to run a soft pull?

So I asked if we could step away to discuss it amongst ourselves, to which we both agreed it would be a hard no. I also work in sales myself, so I completely understood their tactics and how to deal with customer pushback, so that knowledge gave me an edge on standing firm on a no. Shockingly, they didn’t try to push anymore after we let them know we aren’t willing to fit another bill into our budget and would be passing on their opportunity, but they tried to guilt us that any future opportunity would cost us more and not be as good. After that, we were asked to take an exit survey and I already told my wife, when that was mentioned to us, they would try a second pitch.

Sure enough, the guy tried to get us to purchase a $3000 option that would only last 2 years and get us 200k points. We stood firm on our no with him as well and, after giving us a disgusted look, took us to a desk to receive our gifts. We were able to escape this foolishness by standing firm and not giving in, but there are many who have not been as fortunate and are stuck with something that brings them no value and empty bank accounts.

If you find yourself in that situation I’d getting trapped into a presentation, I highly encourage you to ask for dummy numbers before you provide any kind of SSN or anything they can use to run your credit without your consent so you can make a much more informed decision and please think a bit more on the whole “investment” for yourself and future generations piece because what exactly do you get to own if essentially any and every “owner” can go when they please and there are so many locations? Why are you having to pay a mortgage? What mortgage are you paying exactly and why do the future generations have to be stuck and suffer through continuing those “maintenance” fees and also go into debt?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

My wife and I were on vacation in San Antonio, when she was approached at Sea World by someone asking her to attend a Wyndham timeshare presentation. After speaking with this man for quite some time, she agreed to have us attend. When we arrived at this presentation, we were told about all the benefits of being owners with Wyndham, we could visit their resorts all over the world, we would have the ability to travel whenever and wherever we wanted, and the real estate investment that we were making that would continue to grow in value over the years. I asked MANY times if this was a timeshare and EVERY SINGLE TIME, I was told by the sales staff that this was NOT A TIMESHARE, but vacation ownership.

Everything we were told was a lie! Only now, after agreeing to make this purchase and attempting to actually use it over the last few years, have we learned the truth. There is no value to these points, this IS IN FACT a timeshare, our children are going to be saddled with this burden, and not a single “benefit” is usable. AVOID Wyndham at all costs, this a complete scam!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Doing business with Wyndham has been an absolute nightmare. I have been an owner for several years but since my last upgrade in July 2021, I have been severely unhappy. I had finally used my points for the first time to go to Daytona Beach and while checking in, I was forced to attend an update meeting. I made it clear that I did not want to buy any more, but I was told the meeting was strictly to review changes.

As you may have guessed, this turned in to a sales meeting. I already had a contract with another timeshare and was told that if I traded it in, I’d get a better interest rate on the $8,000 I still owed on my current Wyndham contract. It turns out that instead of refinancing my current contract, they upgraded it! I should have suspected something when my sales rep told me not to tell the finance officer that I was refinancing.

By the time I met with the finance person, I was having a panic attack and instead of doing anything to comfort or help me, I was taken back to the sales rep who proceeded to guilt trip me in to completing the purchase. Now I have more debt than I started with and must pay for ANOTHER 10 years. The monthly payments and the maintenance fees have gone up from what I paid before the upgrade. I was swindled by these people that promised me a “refinance”. Avoid these snake oil salesman at all costs!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Stay away from Wyndham Vacations and their sales pitch! They are dishonest in their presentations. The Discovery membership is a 400,000 point program but what Wyndham is doing is selling "IF AVAILABLE" properties. The book says that 80+ properties are available but the salesperson says many more properties are available but they're not. In my case they never gave us a copy of the contract I signed on his tablet. They give you a telephone number to call if any problems or issues. 8 calls later and the calls go to voicemail and they won't return the call. I've called 5 times this week alone. I finally filed a dispute with Barclays Bank, which oversees the Wyndham account. They show you a newer unit but their actual properties look more like 10 to 15 year old hotel rooms. They said I could use Wyndham hotel points but that's not true. Bottom line, stay away from the Wyndham Vacation Property people!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I will never make the mistake of doing business with Wyndham again. It has been a complete nightmare. I have tried to handle things with them directly, but they have no interest it seems. They will not reach out to you after voicing your concerns. It seems they want to sever all communication after the sale because they know they sold the contract wrongfully. Don't expect anyone from Wyndham to tell you the truth about what you're buying. I bet they tell you what you want to hear and then leave you stranded and unsure after your purchase. Your maintenance fees will escalate to unreasonable amounts that they never tell you! This company has a foundation of lies and deceit and will get you for your hard earned money, no chance I would tell my worst enemy about Wyndham!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

My wife and I decided to look at a timeshare because we want to start traveling more. We were in Las Vegas on a weekend getaway and decided to see the Club Wyndham Grand Desert at 265 E. Harmon Ave. Las Vegas. The direction we received advised that the resort was just off the strip, actually it was over a mile away in a rundown part of town and let me tell you, it was not a safe place to walk. We arrived and watched what I call a feel good video and had a lecture about the vacation club and all its benefits. Mistake number 1, we were interested after the video and lecture and met with our sales rep. David. David, who was a nice young man but could not answer a lot of our questions.

David, brought in a “Manager” to assist him and who answered every one of our questions with a smile and a lie. We asked all the tough questions and he responded by saying that "Wyndham is not like others and we don’t work like that, we are up front and honest." Mistake number 2, we felt good about his responses to our questions and we continued on. The last and most important question was, "What if my wife or I get sick or die, can we get out of the timeshare?" He told us we would need to fill out a form with the reason, a board meets and makes a decision and it’s usually granted.

Mistake 3 on our part, was that we started to feel comfortable and decided to take the next step, which was getting qualified. David came back to our table with a smile on his face and said that we were “A” tier, which is the top of the line and would be entitled to all its discounts and benefits, which were huge. David then advised that we would go on a tour of the resort, which we did and the first place we went to was a very nice 4 bedroom suite. We asked to see a smaller suite because most of the time it would be just my wife and I have to admit, it was very nice. While looking at the suites, my wife started checking the Consumer Affairs for reviews of the Wyndham Vacation Club and I checked Yelp. Holy Crap were the reviews horrible, anywhere from sales people lying to them about all the questions they asked to people not being allowed out of the contract even gravely ill or having a partner who died.

It wasn’t just one bad review here and there, it was hundreds of reviews, that just slammed the Club and its horrible sales staff. At that point, my wife and I decided to leave and told David. He was visibly upset but said that he understood and took us back to his desk. While sitting at his desk, he told us that he needed to close out our tour and would be right back, he came back with a “Manager.”

The manager asked if we would just sit down and look at the numbers, which we did and then came mistake number 4. The manager presented us with the numbers and he said that we were highly qualified and qualified for the VIP package. The package was $106400 at 17.99% with a monthly payment of $1346 and a maintenance fee of over $242.30 a month and $32,025 down, are you kidding me? I asked the manager if the maintenance fee ever goes up and he said very little. He told us in the last 8 years it has only gone up $1 a year, this I found hard to believe.

We stood up and told them we were leaving, the manager ran from our table to his office and came back with another quote. This time, the offer was for just over $40,964 at 15.99%, $12,394 down, over $512 a month and maintenance fees of over $100 a month. At this point we were fed up with all the ** and told them, "We are done" and now we made mistake number 5, we let them send us to another closer, who tried to sell us the package again and when we said no again, they tried to sell us a 2 year package to see if we liked it.

It was our fault for staying there that long but I can tell you, NEVER EVER BUY FROM THEM!!! A couple hours later I received an email and found that I was approved for a Wyndham credit card for a large amount. At no point in any conversation that we had with any of the staff was applying for a credit card ever mentioned. Now that is FRAUD and DECEPTIVE practices if I have ever heard of.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

Wyndham is such a joke! Their salespeople are lying vultures that will tell you anything to make a buck. It’s like they have no conscience. My wife and I went to a presentation since we were offered a free 2-night vacation in exchange. While there, we dealt with 3 different vultures that really turned up the charm when we mentioned our grandchildren. All of a sudden, they pushed really hard on selling us “memories”. They have no problem with guilting you into a purchase and using children to their advantage. When they are done using your family against you, the lies start!

We did like the exclusivity that was offered and the extra income potential we’d have by renting out our points. Too bad it wasn’t true. When we were fooled in to upgrading, they said our payments would not go up, but they did…significantly. No one told us about the cancellation period either, so we are stuck with this. To make matters worse, when you finally get to book a vacation, there are more vultures trying to pull you in to another presentation and when you decline, they start calling your room! If you sign up with Wyndham, be prepared to have the least relaxing vacation you have ever taken.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

We own two Wyndham timeshares and were tricked into purchasing more points under false pretenses. This company will lie, cheat, and steal to get business. We regret ever becoming owners and want out.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

What a scam! Wyndham swindled me out of THOUSANDS of dollars! Their salespeople are so good at deceiving you and lying to make a buck. I have owned this timeshare since 2016 and have been disappointed the entire time. One major selling point was being able to travel anywhere, any time. That simply isn’t true. There is never any availability. What’s worse is that I have paid so much for this timeshare yet, if you go online through any travel website, there is availability and for FAR less money! I have never been able to take a vacation and with the amount I have spent, I could have traveled the country for a month!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Do yourself a favor and don’t buy a timeshare from Wyndham. We have had too many headaches dealing with them! The “short” presentation ended up being 5 hours long. All those hours wasted while we sat there being lied to. The sales staff are shady liars! These are some of the things we were told that are not true that were omitted altogether:

LIE: This is a great investment. We found out timeshares have no actual value.
OMISSION: 14.99% interest rate. We never knew the true loan cost, just the monthly payment.
LIE: We’d be able to sell the timeshare at any time. No one will buy it! Even eBay has listings for under $5.00 with no bites.
OMISSION: There was a cancellation period that they obviously did not want us knowing about.
LIE: There is availability everywhere! In reality, it is very difficult to make reservations and the website is not user-friendly.
OMISSION: Maintenance fees. We were not told that we’d owe these fees even after the mortgage is paid off, let alone that they increase annually at shocking rates.

This purchase has been the worst financial pit that we have ever been in! There has been no payoff for the thousands that we have dumped in to Wyndham’s lap.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Please, anyone reading this, do yourself a favor and stay away from WorldMark. Doing business with them was one of the worst decisions my husband and I have EVER made. Their salespeople lie to get you to buy a timeshare. They’ll tell you anything you want to hear. We were told that this purchase would be a financial investment in vacation real estate with the ability to write it off on our taxes…but there is no monetary value or tax benefit! Their salespeople also told us we could use the timeshare for a few years and get out whenever we wanted. They neglected to tell us there is no cancellation plan, no buyback plan, NOTHING.

When they tell you that Maintenance fees will not go up, that’s a lie too. What’s worse is that they pressure you in to buying with fake promos and “one time only” deals. Every time an offer was declined, they offered a better deal, the only catch being that if we left the presentation, it would never be offered again. We have been so disappointed by this purchase that we wouldn’t recommend this to an enemy, let alone a friend!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

Dealing with WorldMark is horrible, plain and simple! My husband and I have been owners for more than a decade and have not been able to take many vacations because of the total lack of availability. The sales staff lies and always tries to rope you in to buying more points. When we have talked about the difficult time we had with making reservations, the answer is to either book more than a year in advance or buy more points and boy, do they push to sell you MORE POINTS! Unfortunately, more points doesn’t solve the availability problem. It just means you pay even more to have the exact same issue! That’s not to mention the maintenance fees that go up EVERY year. With the amount we have spent on this timeshare, we could have traveled the world for a year!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Widowed and retired cancer survivor trying to exit Wyndham timeshare. Canadians beware, they will send your past dues to a US Collections and require US Notary only documents. Continue payments during the exit process.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

In September 2021, I attended an “owner update” at a Wyndham sales office in Nevada. I have over 18,000 points and a travel share member. I was offered a $100 Wyndham gift card for attending a one hour presentation that turned into 3 hours! Wyndham tried to sell me a basic 105,000 point membership for $17K loan and $6K down payment on my Barclays rewards credit card, no interest for 6 months only. The $17K loan had an interest rate of 13% for 10 years.

Their first misstep was to show my $140 monthly maintenance dues with no travel share information! They said I was not eligible for Wyndham Club Pass which is a lie because all of my points belong to the travel share program which cost me an additional $17 per month. This allows me to book any of the 80 Wyndham resorts available in the Club Pass program as a Worldmark owner! I will have to pay $99 each time I book a Wyndham resort but I DON’T need a separate Wyndham membership!

Also, if you decide to sell off your points, Wyndham Ovation farms it out to third party timeshare resellers. My $20K membership with upgrades will fetch only $8-$10K in the resale market! Don’t pay retail when you can pay 30 to 50 cents per point buying a resale timeshare with points or weeks attached. You won’t automatically get Travel Share and other perks but you will save thousands of dollars with a small mortgage of $10K or less. Expect monthly dues to increase! Mine have by $40 per month over a 10 year period. I love staying at Wyndham Worldmark properties. But I will NEVER attend another “owner update” sales pitch, misinformation marketing ploy ever again! They usually ask you to attend at check-in. Just say no! They can only entice with gift cards & free excursions. They can’t force you to attend.

If you have buyer’s remorse, Google how many calendar days the state you purchased the timeshare allows you to cancel (rescind the contract). It’s 5 calendar days in Nevada. This statement will be buried somewhere in the middle of your DocuSign contract. Make sure you read it closely for time limits, contract & new member number you will need to reference in your cancellation letter. You will need to send it certified mail or FedEx BEFORE your rescission period ends from date of purchase!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I work in a hospital, where we get dozens of spoofed robocalls each day. Each day, I have repeatedly asked WYNDHAM VACATION RESORTS to place our facility on their do-not-call list. They refused, and the calls are getting sent to patient rooms, and the ER. I spoke with someone named, "Oscar," today, and informed him that he was calling a pediatric ER. I heard him laugh, then he hung up on me. I have also had customer service reps refuse to transfer me to a supervisor, and even curse at me, when I ask them to please remove our phone numbers from their directory. Really nice customer service, WYNDHAM. (Anyone who reads my review: If WYNDHAM RESORTS can blatantly call a pediatric hospital, without permission, laugh at them, or hang up when a caller is having an issue, what kind of customer experience do you think you are going to get if you sign up for one of their timeshares?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Wyndham is so good at sucking people in. Right off the bat, we were offered free tickets to Disney just for going to their timeshare presentation. We should have just paid for Disney tickets; it would have ended up costing us less, in fact, we could have taken the family to Disney once a month for a whole year. We went to the presentation and the one hour that we agreed to turned into SIX. Six straight hours of lies and pushy salespeople. Every time we said “no”, they pushed harder. We were given so much information all at once that it became almost a blur. They probably do that so it will be harder to catch their lies. We were told we would be “deed holders” with exclusive rights to “our” property.

This was also supposed to be an investment with equity in Wyndham real estate. Or so they said. None of that is true. They also purposely left out a lot of details too. The extreme difficulty to book a vacation, the maintenance fee increases, and more. Then you’ll get invited to “owner update meetings”. DO NOT fall for this! It’s another sales presentation to make you spend more money by upgrading. Save yourself the disappointment and just stay away from these scammers.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

On 9/9/2021 I fell on my way out of parking garage @ Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. SC. Incident was reported, witnesses present. Never got incident report. Impossible to contact Wyndham about incident besides email they don't answer. I seen online reports from lawyers stating that Wyndham won't call them back, won't settle after injury, total jerks. All they want is our money but no responsibility. With one word total fraudulent gangster. Don't get timeshares from them.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I AM A PLATINUM MEMBER! 1st - I have loved Wyndham Timeshare resorts for years; and have referred them to 100's of my clients - many have spent over $100k based on my referral! However, this year and last, being especially difficult to travel, due to covid; I have booked and canceled a number of times. I was told on more than one occasion that I would receive my points, fees, housekeeping credits and guest passes back. Recently, I tried booking new reservations and was informed that I have no guest passes remaining; when I've only used about 4 out of 30 this year. I found out that I was told incorrect info and I lost all my guest passes. Now I have almost 1,000,000 points I can't use!! Their wrong info cost me thousands of dollars!!!! I've asked them to fix it; nothing so far. My recommendations will stop!!!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Booked a room in Budd Lake NJ through Wyndham. Unfortunately their online service is slow and I "guess" I inadvertently booked two rooms for two nights. I found out my mistake when I called 24 hours before checking in. I was told they could do nothing and I would be stuck with paying for both rooms - even though I pushed enter twice on my computer because their online site had the processing wheel continually going around. When I asked to speak to someone who could help me with my problem I got to speak to 6 different people with heavy accents that had problems speaking English. I will book through Expedia, Booking.com or Travelocity - all of which have helped me in the past with good service. Wyndham points are worthless anyhow.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

1.) I was told I could cancel anytime, so I tried to cancel a week later, but was told I legally only had 5 days to cancel.

2.) When I was asked for my ID and Social Security number, I was never told it was in order to run my credit. They did that without my knowledge or permission.

3.) I was signed up for a $4,000 credit card without my knowledge.

4.) When I wrote to them to cancel my contract, I was ignored. It’s been over a month, and no one has contacted me.

5.) I was told my maintenance fees were to be $84 per month. There was never a mention about an annual increase of 5% or more and would last forever.

I have only had my contract since May 2021 and have had nothing but headaches over this. I hope anyone reading this will NEVER consider a purchase with this despicable company.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information