2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.13/5

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: March 24, 2020

This entire experience has been one big headache. We have never really been able to book vacations when we want to take them. We have always had to settle on a time and location because what we truly want is never available. When we try calling to get help with a reservation, we have to stay on hold for over an hour to not really be helped in the end. One time we stayed in Daytona and our room had a very heavy smoke smell. We let the maintenance people know and they brought in air purifiers which did not help at all. We asked several times for a different unit and were told it couldn't be granted. I was allergic to the smoke and sneezed non-stop for 3 days. This is not the only issue I have had, I can go on and on. At this point we just want to be done with this. We are not happy.

Original review: March 24, 2020

This entire ownership with Wyndham has been a complete disappointment. We have NEVER had the luxury of booking a stay at a resort when we wanted and where we wanted. We have always had to settle. We never get to stay as long as we would like because we don't have enough points. We even did a upgrade in 2017 and still don't have enough points to stay where we want. We are treated like we are low class owners. This is not OK and we just wish to be done with Wyndham!

Original review: March 20, 2020

I have been manipulated during my entire time as an owner with Wyndham. Lies is all I get out of these people. We were first baited in by a sales rep that offered me and my fiance (whom I had just proposed to) a free vacation if we attended a presentation. He showed us all these exotic locations we could travel to as an incentive. I found out this was all a big LIE when I tried to use this free vacation later on. We actually had to pay all these crazy fees for what we were told would be free. There is so much I could go on and on about but I seem to be getting ignored. I wrote a letter to Wyndham over a month ago and have yet to be acknowledged by anyone. But yet, if I miss a payment they are QUICK to try and reach out to me. What kind of company operates this way, they deserve to go under.

Original review: March 16, 2020

We were flat out lied to and manipulated into this membership with Wyndham. Not to mention the constant issues we had EVERY time we stayed at a resort. It has always been extremely hard to use the timeshare. Nothing is ever available. Seems to me like they have it set up that way so that you pretty much are paying for nothing. When we do stay, the resorts are disgusting. Nothing like what is shown to us during the owner's meetings. There was actually a time our toddler suffered an injury from an unsecured piece of furniture falling on him. We want out, and we want out NOW!

Original review: March 14, 2020

My wife and I are vacationing in Las Vegas. We were offered a free gift and lunch, to listen to their timeshare presentation. The lunch was cheap and was not good at all. The presentation was good UNTIL the sales pitch started. After we went thru the pricing, with the sales agent assigned to us, we talked and decided this was not affordable for us right now. The manager was brought over and she was incredibly rude and pushy. She berated us and questioned our money and savings habits. This is NONE of her business and not her place to say the things she was saying. She and I got in an argument and I told her how pushy and rude she was. She ramped it up even more. The tour was supposed to take 2 hours. We were there 3. I wouldn’t have bought anything from these people, even if we were in the position to. I plan on writing corporate as well to share my displeasure. Don’t waste those valuable 3 hours of your life with these rude people!!!!

Original review: March 5, 2020

I really wish I had never signed up for this Wyndham timeshare ownership. I wasn't convinced I should sign up but the sales people kept pressuring me. I remember I had a toothache, and I just couldn't get away. They kept us there for several hours. I wanted to get on with my vacation because they had already taken up almost one day of our vacation. They told us what a great thing it would be for all our family to travel to any resort in the world. They made it seem so easy, and it would save us money to use the resort. So I just gave in.

Original review: March 3, 2020

My ex-husband purchased a time share with his girlfriend and he was diagnosed with cancer weeks later. After a two year battle he passed away in Dec of 2019. His girlfriend who never wanted to purchase this in the first place asked me to help. I called Wyndham, who said they would do nothing. After they paid about $60k and $260 a month for two years, I was told that the points earned were forfeited at the end of the year. “If we had called before the end of the year they could be rolled over, but nothing can be done now”. They are “willing” to take the deed back but it will take 3-4 months and the monthly dues must be paid until they process the paperwork.

After spending hours, they finally accepted a payment from me after getting authorization from my ex husband's girlfriend. Three days later she received a letter saying the payment did not go through and a late fee was applied. I called and....again spent 45 minutes on the phone to be denied any information despite having been authorized twice. How can this even be legal? What a terrible racket, worst customer service ever. This has been a black hole that money is being poured into. For the $ put into this a very very expensive vacation would have been far cheaper. Be warned, why would anyone do this???

Original review: March 2, 2020

Where do I begin; owning this timeshare with Wyndham has overall been a high burden and disappointment. From the very beginning we were bombarded with constant sales talk but nothing we heard in the meeting is what we have experienced. We have taken 2 vacations with this only where we have ownership. We cannot book anywhere else, Do not have enough points. Of course when we said we want to be able to use it in Texas (Galveston) they said no problem we would be able to. We have come to the conclusion if you don't have 500,000 points booking near home is not happening. We no longer want anything to do with it. Disappointed is an understatement for how I truly feel about Wyndham.

Original review: March 2, 2020

Where do I begin; owning this timeshare with Wyndham has overall been a high burden and disappointment. From the very beginning we were bombarded with constant sales talk and all sorts of different options. We felt forced into our contract because this was a "once in a lifetime offer", but nothing we heard in the meeting is what we have experienced. This contract hasn't been beneficial to us all. We no longer want anything to do with it. There isn't much to say other than we were lied to. We have only been able to take ONE vacation with this ownership. It is nowhere near and convenient as the sales people make it seem. Disappointed is an understatement for how I truly feel about Wyndham.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

Attended time share presentation in Las Vegas to receive a $75 gift card. About 2 weeks later there was an account open up in my name for Wyndham Rewards for a credit line of $28000 additionally and there is a fraudulent 400 charge on my credit I gave them to listen to presentation. Called Wyndham to understand what happened. They claim it was a mistake and they were going to follow up to remove this from my credit reporting. They knew exactly what to do which leads me to believe that this is a common Wyndham practice. So potential buyers beware.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

The only experience I have is the fact that I am paying money for something that I have yet to use and don't plan on using. Anytime I look, the vacations I want to take are unavailable. You have to book nearly a year in advance. My ownership is pointless, I've just been throwing money away on nothing! I need an explanation. This is ridiculous. At this point I feel like I was scammed into this contract. Nothing that was said in the meetings, and I do mean NOTHING, has been true about owning this timeshare.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Increased my number of points with the expectation to easily rent points (still don't know how this works), ability to book vacations (nothing available during time I wanted always had to change my schedule), & utilize points to use with RCI (must pay a fee and didn't have anything in Dallas, TX). All were lies.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Having made a booking far from home with Travel Share/Club Pass I was aghast when we arrived to find out the booking was cancelled. Of course we hopped on the phone and called everyone and found out the facility cancelled our booking as Wyndham used an intermediary company Beds On Line to book and the facility says they are a scam and alway deny bookings when Wyndham uses Beds On Line - it is also called a scam company by the hotel we had gone to. Could have been a terrible disaster but in the end fortunately the hotel helped us till Wyndham fixed our bookings and points. But everyone here is right, Trendwest/Worldmark/Wyndham what ever you call it - it is beginning to feel more like a scam all around.

Old resorts lacking in aesthetics and beauty - don't go to Maui property - Busy phone lines, you wait forever at times, they closed the WA phone office and since then it's horrible. No facilities in the big cities where you want to go. Not much in LA,The Calif Coast, Vancouver Canada, and why do we have to put up with that absolutely horrible music for another year more and the woman's voice saying, "Hello! You will get a survey" - I never have. I have to turn down my phone just to stay on the line. Help us someone before my brain explodes as I am on hold right now! I agr

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

The whole idea of vacation properties is nice until you know and understand the internal workings of these companies and the crooked people they employ. I was being lied to by sales staff, in order to coerce me into signing a contract for a bigger, more expensive ownership. My income, due to being less than what Wyndham requires, was falsified (by sales staff) in order for the contract to be approved by lenders. Signers are given little time to read through and understand what they are signing, with constant pressure from staff.

The inappropriate and unprofessional behavior of the salesman on the day of signing the contract was beyond belief. My sales representative joked about my line of work as a helicopter pilot/mechanic and how it made him question my sexuality. I can take a joke but his persistence and crude sexual remarks were over the line. He asked several times to take me out for drinks to celebrate after signing my contract, and that it was customary and to be paid for by Wyndham. Since the signing, I have tried to reach out several times for help and to report my frustrations. I have had investigations into my issues go cold simply because there is nothing that could be done.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

When talking to the telephone sales person about signing up for the two hour presentation, she made everything sound so easy and friendly. Do not believe them from the start. I asked about the cancellation process and she said “all you have to do is call this number and cancel.” Total lies. First you call the number and they transfer you to another number and you wait for forever and then she tells you, “oh you have to write a letter to cancel and wait for them to process it and put the money back on your card.” Don’t even talk to Wyndham Resorts. Hang up the phone and block their number. Do not pay the $199. They never tell the truth.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I bought the discovery package from Wyndham. Initially I called to make reservations and they booked for us and cancelled reservations. I figured I would do the next one to New Orleans not realizing that Wyndham website is based on scrolling down all the time. You cannot see everything on the screen in 1 page (which is good practice), instead you must scroll down and down to see other stuff you may not be aware of. Thus I did not see the 15 day cancellation nor does it give you a date when that it. (I also have Worldmark and they give a date.)

I had to cancel our new orleans vacation, and I lost 150,000 points, or about $1000 dollars I had prepaid. I emailed, and no one called or responded at all. When I press the link for cancellation policy it comes up Blank... (I am using safari on mac.) I am retired, and have over 30 years in IT. This is the worse website which is deceiving to people to hunt and peck and figure out the cancellation policy, and figure out the day to cancel. If seniors are trying to navigate the site good luck. Wyndham is making money by people not being able to navigate. I would like my money back for the 150,000 points I lost. I don't mind being a tester for their site as it sucks.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

During our initial presentation, Worldmark/Wyndham makes these deals seem like a dream. However, we face constant BS with reservations and can never get a reservation we truly want. Whenever we do stay at a resort, we are sucked into these presentations that take up nearly an entire day, and then are treated like second class when we push back against the presentations, or try to turn down purchasing more. This has truly been an awful experience and we are left feeling lied to, and scammed.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

After two years Wyndham keeps changing the rules. The salesman outright lied to us. All the "extras" that you have to pay are not mentioned at all. Please be very careful and aware of what is going on with this company. We said we could only pay 400.00 a month but now are paying 579.64 a month plus the credit card they were putting their payment on till it was maxed out. Keep away from Wyndham!!!!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

This company took advantage of us. They lied to us and put us in a bind. Not just one employee either. There were 3 of them bombarding us with intense pressure. They promised us we would not have to pay anything until the Paypay was done. That was a lie! They promised us they would not take anything out of our bank account but they did. When we called they said nothing could be done and we were stuck in this contract with a bunch of liars.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Recently while transferring points from La Quinta to Wyndham we were told that Club Wyndham was offering extra points to talk to sales to see if we would be interested in traveling to one of their resorts to hear a sales presentation. We provided them a credit card number and were told that we had 7 days to think it over. We could receive a full refund in that time frame if we decided to decline. As the expiration date approached I called to cancel as we were not going to take their offer. At that point they told me I could not cancel by phone. They said it had to be by mail and in writing. A point not made in their telephone sales pitch.

I wrote the letter and dropped it in the mail. Yesterday I received a letter written on Jan 6th and mailed on Jan 30th and which I received on Feb. 3rd. Telling me my purchase was confirmed. I called asking why I had received that letter since I had cancelled by phone and by letter within the 7 day time period. After a discussion with two levels of management my letter was postmarked one day late. Yet their letter to me was postmarked 3 weeks after written. They make their sales pitch by phone but do not calls to cancel Club Wyndham Travel. Again a point not covered in their sales pitch. I would not recommend doing business with Club Wyndham.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

At the DC area and Oceanside they lie. They say 20 mins, then 60 mins. It is 90 plus mins, if you say no more like 2.5 hours. The breakfast and lunch was like school food. They never tell you how much the fees will go up each year. The point system control by them. The interest over 10 years is $$. They did give $100 gift card.. they are sales people using false information about how much you might save by using them. Their slick..

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I hope you read this review before buying. I made the mistake of buying the discovery package while in Las Vegas. Their sales person Dan lied to me and said I would get the same benefits as the regular owner. This would make sense as reason I would want to try it out is that I wanted to have a realistic experience so I could make an informed decision to plunge down a large sum. The membership expires after 2 years. I paid $2,800 for 300,000 points.

Anyway, for a year, I could not book any location I wanted due to lack of availability and I tried to do this 3-4 months in advance. I was busy so I put that aside. Since my membership is going to expire in Jan 2021, I tried to use it up. Last December I could not book anything I wanted except for 3 nights in San Francisco that cost over 1/2 of the points and 3 nights in Clearwater Florida in late April. Again not to location I wanted or even the best time I wanted. So you're looking at at 5 months in advance for Clearwater. I was able to book SF the weekend of Jan 25. To add insult to injury, they forced me to attend another sales presentation in SF. When I tried to book as a non-member, I had access to more locations than my discovery membership, for the same price, at time that are not available to me, and without the 3 day minimum!

Talk about insulting and abusive practice. The sales reps in SF, besides being rude, had the nerve to tell me, in order to get more availability, I need to upgrade. What do they take me for? I get in line even behind non-members when I paid full market price ahead of time and now they want more money in order to be treated better. I get better treatment as a non members. Why should I bother. This will go to the attorney general office. I will never stay at a Wyndham resort after this! Jerks!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I'm not a person who takes the time to write reviews, but this has been bothering me for the past month. My husband and I went traveled to Orlando to spend New Year's in Magic Kingdom. When we got to the hotel part of the Wyndham chain we were redirected to a lobby where they told us that part of the complementary package we could tour one of the hotels and we would receive free breakfast and $150 to spend in anything we wanted. We decided to go since we did have plans for January 1st and... who doesn't like free stuff?

We got there the morning after New Year. I paid a $30 deposit to "save" or spot which they would reimburse later. When we checked in at the lobby reservation was under my husband's name. We were looking forward to the breakfast but they just had bad coffee and hard pastries. They started a presentation that lasted 2 hours!! Entire presentation was about how my husband would take me on vacations and if he takes me on vacations to a nicer place I would love him more. The presenter got offended when I told him I wouldn't love my husband more if I was taken to a suite since my love is not based on that. Entire presentation was gender bias... I want to highlight that we are in 2020 not in the 80's. We keep fighting for equal pay and equal roles, but if corporations like this keep training their people this way, how are we supposed to change our mentality?

We got assigned to a sales person who tour us through the hotel. The sale person had the same approach as the presenter. We got desperate. We were on vacation and now losing all our morning on this. When we tried to leave the sales guy got super aggressive and told my husband that if he couldn't commit to Wyndham Resorts then we got serious issues, cus what else he couldn't commit to? Excuse me what??? What kind of marketing is this!!! We then left and they started running behind us and told us to wait for a second to do a survey and get our $150. They now assigned another guy to do our survey... when I manifest my discomfort of this approach about being so gender bias. The guy 1) he was shocked. 2) He told me, "I'm gonna tell you something but dont be offended: this is design for stay at home mothers and children!!" I almost fainted!!! Seriouslyyyy.

We are a new generation of working mothers capable of paying or "taking" (as they say) our family on vacation. I was like a decoration the entire tour. Never acknowledge or asked my opinion. I could've signed up for the membership the same way as my husband would. It so sad so sad to see the mentality of this guys and they actually are trained this way to keep promoting what for years we've been trying to change. It's horrifying. I'm never staying at a Wyndham hotel and I travel at least 3 out of 4 times a week (and yes I work and pay for it). Not because of this 3 guys that we had the unfortunate pleasure to meet and ruin the first day of the year, but for what this company promotes and stand for.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

My husband and I are owners of Club Wyndham points. We traveled with friends to Wyndham Old Town Alexandria for 4 nights. When speaking to a representative about getting our parking pass, I was invited to learn about changes for 2020. I told her we had just been to a Wyndham resort in Nov. and weren't interested in any presentation or meal, and we'd read about what was new on the website. I was asked if we could at least take a 10-15 min. survey in the lobby or our room. I was told we'd get some Wyndham Points for participating.

The next am we showed up in the lobby before having breakfast for our survey. We were immediately taken across the street to another building and told it was so we could get our points more easily. Then we were led upstairs to a conference area. There was no survey, but instead we had to listen to why we should invest more money for over 90 minutes by 2 reps. The only way to get them to stop was telling them we were leaving them and got up to head for the door. They continued with comments indicating we were missing a great opportunity. Finally we were out! We like the resorts where we've stayed, but the repeated hounding to spend more has gotten infuriating. We will not believe anything they say if we can't independently verify it.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

The Wyndham Timeshare is based upon fraud. After purchasing a timeshare from Wyndham in 2010 - everything we were told was a lie. We have spent over $35,000 to date and every time we attempt to use the timeshare the resorts are booked, there are additional fees and charges. Now Wyndham Timeshares are offering an exit strategy, which means you return your timeshare back to them at no cost and no reimbursement for the initial purchase price or fees for a program that I have not been able to utilize - I am told that it is best to make reservation 12-18 months out - really that is ridiculous for a program that sells itself on availability and flexibility. I will never stay at a Wyndham property or any of their subsidiaries. I urge everyone to file a complaint with their State's Attorney General and demand that the sale of timeshares be better regulated.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

My husband and I were in Vegas celebrating our anniversary when we were in our hotel and approached about getting some free tickets to a show, so we thought why not? So we are shuttled over to another hotel for some "free lunch" and a "2 hour presentation" about timeshares. Both my husband and I were already in agreement that we were not going to purchase anything from them, only to get our free tickets.

So, we are bussed into this room with the free lunch and coffee, we sat with this guy who came and sat at our table who was our sales representative. I had to laugh at how fake this set up all was, we all talk for about an hour, he's asking us questions, trying to get a feel for our travel habits, etc. Then, some other sales guy does a presentation for about 45 minutes, trying to do the typical sales scheme of making you have a need for traveling, the emotional attachment of spending time with family, how little time we have left with our kids, etc. After the presentation, we are taken to another room, where we are talking with our sales guy again, who does not mention any numbers to us, even though my husband and I were curious as to how much it does cost, he would not answer our questions.

We filled out some credit application and then were proceeded to be shown two different rooms in a property of theirs across the parking lot. We came back to the table where the rep has another guy come over to talk about the numbers to us, with the first one being with a $450/month payment, then a $350 a month payment, and finally, one around $230. Hubby and I were both like nope, we are good, we have our daughter in college, his medical bills from cancer, and my student loans. Then it gets ugly, the sales rep harasses my husband about a shirt that he purchased while we were on vacation, proceeds to ask us what bills weren't getting paid so that we could take our trip (my mom paid for our trip, so we didn't skip any bills), and proceeds other demeaning comments towards us because we weren't buying anything.

We tell the rep that we were ready to go, he gets up, makes us wait, and then a final sales person comes over and offers us a "trial program", to which we said no, we just wanted our gifts and to leave. The whole thing took four hours, not two, and the level of unprofessionalism that our sales rep demonstrated towards my husband and myself definitely made me never want to buy a timeshare from them.

When talking to someone who used to work for Wyndham Timeshares after this experience, she stated that they are trained to be your best friend, entice you to buy, and when you say no, they are to be mean and coerce you into buying their timeshares. The numbers are all a gimmick as well, they start with the higher payments and work their way down because if you see the cheaper payment at the end, you may be more enticed to buy it. They will scoff at you for whatever reasons that you have to why you can't buy, and will make you feel like crap when you say no. Save yourself the time and sanity and don't go to any of these meetings because they are a ripoff. These sales people are rude, pushy, and a waste of anyone's time.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Went to a travel show and signed up to go to a presentation for $150 AMEX gift card. Very high pressure arm twisting but when came time to collect gift and exit, they tried to give me a $25 giftcard. I said wrong amount and they gave me a $50. Short answer is after a short bit of arguing (because I am not the type) they claimed $50 was the amount and even though it clearly said $150 on my paperwork (which of course they then kept) and the recruiter at the travel show repeatedly told me $150, that it must have been a typo and they have never seen a $150 amount as a gift (lie, see other reviews here).

I believe I would have been more upset if I continued to argue and press it so it wasn't worth it to me which is what they count on (hence, scammers). All I can say is if you do this, be prepared to argue for your giftcard and have an overall very unpleasant experience as soon as you say "no" to buying in. I wish I didn't go. It really downed my mood for the rest of the weekend.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

They will lie about the amount of time and not give you your gift. In addition the hotels they represent are dives. The sales team will hold your gift and not give it to you and refuse to provide travel unless you agree to buy. WE walked out and had to get our own transportation. SAVE YOUR TIME!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

We purchased a Wyndham timeshare while on vacation in Myrtle Beach. We were traveling there with family to celebrate my final round (24th) round of chemotherapy. Long story short, they manipulated us by using my cancer to sell us a timeshare! Not only that, but they made promises that were never kept! Bait and switch! These are terrible human beings! Please do not buy into their lies! Zero stars if I could!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

We have been Wyndham owners for 20 years. The program was very good the first few years that we belonged but it has changed in the last ten years. We agree with the reviews about the sales pressure and the lies that we are told at every meeting we attend. Skip the meetings, they are not worth it! Our account has also been hacked twice in the last six months. Last August someone took over 400,000 of our points and sold them to other people who took vacations in Hawaii. We called and talked to Wyndham staff four or five times and kept getting shuffled around to other people. We were told to contact Scam Busters, they would be able to reimburse our points. We contacted them three times in the next couple of months.

We have never gotten any of our points back. Whoever did this knew all about our account and how to access it and how the entire program works. They knew which points to use, etc. While we were still dealing with this incident, it happened again in December, 2019. This time they stole over 500,000 of our points! This time the vacations were taken in St Thomas and Colorado. We have tried contacting Wyndham again and are starting to get the same run around. They have done nothing from the first incident to make sure this did not happen again. We asked back in the fall to have our account number changed but they still have not done this even though we sent letters requesting it to be changed.

We also changed all passwords after the first incident and told Wyndham the only names that should be considered guests on our account. They still did nothing to ensure this would not happen again. We do not even have enough points left to take the vacations that we had planned this year. We are paying maintenance fees on points that were stolen from us. This is ridiculous that Wyndham has not found a way to stop this. We do not use as many points as we used to and whoever did this knew we had extra points. They were also allowed to use this year's points while the vacations were taken in December of 2019.

We never gave permission to anyone to use our points. This is a theft and a felony. Do not trust that Wyndham will help you if this happens to you. I am sure this is being done to other accounts also. We have paid a lot of money over the years for our points and no one has the right to take them! Dealing with this has caused a lot of stress, wasted time being on the phone with Wyndham, and anger in our family. We really wish we had never gotten involved with this company.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information