1.1/5 (98 ratings)

About Wyndham Vacation Resorts

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

My husband and I were staying at Excalibur in Las Vegas and were approached by a woman offering dining and gambling vouchers if we attended a WorldMark timeshare presentation. We went at 9 am and were presented with huge “one-day only” discount. They tried to give me a credit card and I said no so they told us that we could finance a loan for the full mortgage with NO down payment. The fees would always stay the same and we could get a booking only two weeks in advance. Then came the real pressure. Three salespeople all talking to us at once, asking questions and wanting signatures.

They went so fast that we didn’t even know what was being signed. The contract closing was done in a private room over Zoom, and we never signed a document there. A loan originator on the Zoom meeting clicked “sign” for us WITHOUT OUR CONSENT. We tried to cancel on day 13 of the 14-day cancellation period we were advised of and got told we only had 10 days! After trying to get this resolved with no luck, we got a case opened with Owner Resolutions but have never heard from the case manager. I did not get a copy of the contract until later and that’s when I found out we only had 5 days to cancel!! We also noticed TWO other lines of credit on our credit reports. They signed us up for different credit cards without consent to cover our down payment! Stay away from WorldMark! They are deceitful manipulators and essentially are committing fraud!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

We have given Wyndham so much of our money because of this DREADED timeshare. We are so deep in debt because of the mandatory owners’ meetings they make us attend every time we walk into their resorts and pressure us to buy a low-rate vacation. Looking back now none of it is worth it. Wyndham totally took advantage of me; I’ve had 5 brain surgeries and been battling brain cancer since 2003. I get very tired quickly, I get blurry vision & I get confused from time to time. I let our Wyndham sales rep know this yet they would keep me there for 6-8 hours with no food, so every contract I signed was under duress.

These meetings would always make us feel as though we were being held hostage until we bought more points. They always promised they would lower the interest rate & take thousands off their sales price making us feel crazy if we turned down their offers. I am so sorry that I ever got involved with Wyndham! I cannot sleep at night because I feel like I let my finance down. He trusted my judgment and we ended up way over $100,000 in debt. We are in the process of selling our house, so I do not go bankrupt. That is what Wyndham has done to us, I share this so that others don’t fall victim to their SCAMS!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Writing about a specific incident before I expand to all of Wyndham... Early this morning, I was in Vegas and doing it right (Vegas is a one and done for me). Before I went to sleep at 4 AM I got on my Club Wyndham profile to double check my upcoming vacations (2 of them, 1 today in Indio, CA and another 3 days from now in San Diego, CA). Somehow in my stupor, I accidentally canceled both reservations. We noticed it right away and my wife called within 5 minutes to rectify the mistake. Please pay attention to the word MISTAKE. I am very displeased because there is nothing that can be done about it. My reservation, points, reservation points are all gone.

Now, I am an adult and I do understand that there is nothing in black and white saying I should get those back, I have just lost faith in Wyndhams customer service. If this was any situation that wouldn't warrant it being called a mistake, I would have zero problems with the outcome. They have made it crystal clear that their clients are just numbers for a spreadsheet. I would not advise any company on taking these measures for customer service in any form (I am a change agent).

I will now relate this to something that happened about 2 weeks ago with Amazon. My kids ordered about $60 worth of apps on their tablets. As soon as I got the notification I asked questions to find out exactly what happened and then called Amazon to explain it. Their policy is clear, all app purchases are nonrefundable. I talked to the representative and it was understood that this was a one time mistake. They took off the charges with a one time exception and the rep sent me an email with instructions on how to properly set up parental controls. Now there are things that I dislike about Amazon however customer service is not one. I would recommend their customer service to someone in an instant.

Now on to other Wyndham observations...

- Their sales associates are extremely pushy. So much that at one time I had to stand up and tell ol' boy to tone down the verbal harassment of my wife because I am not the one.
- Free parking is not included at their locations.
- Website is manageable but could be better organized.

- Mx fees are constant, I believe that we should only pay max fees when actively using the timeshares or properties (I unfortunately work ~60 hrs/week and am rarely able to use my timeshare).

If you have taken the time to read this: First off thank you. You are a trooper. Secondly, I hope I accurately conveyed the root cause of failure. If you are reading this and you are Wyndham: Suck less tomorrow.

Original review: July 30, 2021

We stayed at the travel lodge by Wyndham and my family and I witnessed at stabbing at hotel and were denied a refund. We booked through priceline and were also refused a refund by priceline. Horrible experience.

Original review: July 28, 2021

My brother & his wife & I went to a presentation today in North Myrtle Beach & everything was fine with our original presenter. Then when we let him know we would not be purchasing due to the cost another associate came over and became increasingly aggressive. No matter how many times I assured him we could not afford it, he spoke over us and said I know it isn't the money. It began to feel like he was accusing us of lying to him. I asked if we could please have the exit survey and he walked away.

A third associate came over and ushered us into another room. He then aggressively began pitching us "the greatest deal that we could never say no to". I then said no 3 more times. He continued on with his deal of the century. I finally told him that he was annoying and that if I were to ever purchase a timeshare it would never be from Wyndham. He then threw the paper towards us and told us to get out! I believe the associates could benefit from a sales seminar regarding how important listening skills are for sales associates. What started as a pleasant presentation turned into a three hour bullying session.

Original review: July 28, 2021

While walking around in Las Vegas my wife & I were approached by a salesman who offered us free lunch and tickets to a Vegas show in exchange for attending a 1-hour presentation. That turned out to be untrue, as we spent at least 6 hours being berated by 4 different salesmen. It was not until they offered to open a cc to pay for the timeshare that I learned I had a credit freeze. The only way to remove this was to go back to the hotel where my personal computer was to retrieve my password as I could not remember it. They had a Wyndham salesman walk us all the way to our room.

At the time it was just odd but now I see what a red flag that was. They did not trust us enough to come back. After the purchase I was surprised by a lot that was not disclosed to me at the time of signing. I had no idea that even after it was paid in full, I would still have to pay a monthly fee FOR LIFE! They told us this could be passed down to our kids but never the fact that they would inherit any sort of fees. In any way that Wyndham can deceive & disappoint, they will. Stay away from this timeshare trap!

Original review: July 20, 2021

62 yr. ** woman trying to retired which look impossible to do. I was approached in the Springfield Mall by a gentleman that asked If I like to travel, I said yes but I had to get back to work. He coerced me into having a conversation with a 20-dollar gift card. I agreed to the presentation. He started to immediately pressure me and tell all kinds of lies.

4 different salespeople came by and fed me with all the same lies! They all were so pushy and today was the last day of their promotion for the “deal” that I was being offered, so I had to decide right there on the spot. I kept saying NO! Then they changed tactics and explained how different they are from other timeshare, and I could travel anywhere at any time I wanted. They offered me a foreclosed unit that they claimed was previously owned by a client that had upgraded and there was another couple interested in buying it, so hurry up and decide.

The contract was rushed through. They failed to mention the CREDIT CARD FRAUD they had committed, by opening a line of credit for me and charged it $2,500 for my down payment. This process was so exhausting, and I was ABSOLUTELY MISINFORMED every step of the way! Do not fall for the dream destinations, you will never get there with Wyndham!

Original review: July 20, 2021

We spent over $10,000 to get a free hotel night once a year, are you serious??? This mess with Club Wyndham Grand Desert started because we were offered a tour of their new hotel, free lunch & a $100 Visa gift card, in exchange we attended their sales presentation. We had no idea what we were getting into by agreeing to this.

On that day, right after lunch we were quickly brought into a closed room and assigned a salesperson. At first, we thought their sales pitch was nice, but after we said no, they quickly became aggressive. We had a team of about five different people trying to close us. This was incredibly uncomfortable & the pressure of it broke us. We ended up purchasing the lowest number of points, which turns out is barely enough points for a ONE NIGHT STAY!!! Now we are stuck with an enormous amount of debt for something we have used once! Quite frankly, we do not want this worthless timeshare & feel we were coerced into this purchase.

Original review: July 14, 2021

This company has no empathy for situation or their clients whatsoever. We haven't been able to travel due to serious health issues. We do not utilize this timeshare anymore and will never moving forward. Anytime we try to contact the timeshare we are ignored as if we do not matter. We were told at the time of sale that we could vacation wherever we wanted to. They also told us we could cancel anytime. Neither were true as we could never get reservations and they will not allow us to exit the timeshare now. We just want out of this timeshare as it is draining us.

Original review: July 2, 2021

We were at the New York-New York hotel in Las Vegas when I was approached by some Wyndham representatives. Initially, they asked if we were guests of the hotel and if we wanted some free vouchers. Then they said they would give us the free vouchers for food or gambling and a free hotel stay but we would need to attend their short 90-minute presentation.

We were in that room for over 4 hours! We thought this would be a quick presentation, so we had our young children with us. Our children became increasingly more restless and hungrier as the hours went by. Instead of being sympathetic, the sales staff utilized this as a way to pressure us into a purchase. We were told that this would be an investment opportunity, we could take a minimum of two vacations per year, that we could resell this at any time or rent our timeshare points for a profit, and that the Hawaii vacations we wanted would be easily obtainable and available. They also signed me up for a high interest credit card to offset the Maintenance fees.

These are all lies, and we found out later that you can buy a timeshare on the internet for $1 and it is virtually worthless for resale. They never told us that our children must inherit this when we pass away and the maintenance fees continue to increase forever and the children would have little hope of selling it. The reward points from paying the Maintenance fees on their high interest credit card do not even come close to offsetting the monthly fees. They did not mention the fact that the $6,000 charge (down payment) they put on the card was nonrefundable.

When we returned home, we discovered that they never gave us a copy of the contract! When I sent a letters to Windham requesting to terminate the agreement, a representative called me and when I said I want all communication is writing, they said they do not have time to write back to all the owners… I could go on and on, this has been the worst experience and it's never-ending! Do not buy anything from Wyndham or trust a word they say.

Original review: June 28, 2021

We had a wonderful presentation but we're forced to buy that day only vs sleeping on it. Then at the checkout it was another ploy to get us to buy something! We would have but we're exhausted after 2 hrs already and had they started with the cheaper one first. 2 weeks later, somehow they signed me up for the reward credit card which I had no idea they did that!

Original review: June 25, 2021

I am writing this to file complaint with Wyndham Vacation Ownership. If I could give a zero star, I would do so. They said with your vacation package you can book with them almost anywhere whenever you want. This is not the case at all. We can never book where we want and when we want. There are always no room available during the normal vacation time. I setup an auto payment to pay monthly fee to them. And there is problem with the payment for three months. They never really let us know and instead, they got a collection agents and charge us additional 100 dollars more for missing a three hundreds dollars payments.

This company just try their best to steals people's money and always try to ask you buy additional points and doesn't deliver good service or accommodations. I really should have checked this website before I joined them. I have nothing but bad experience with them. They should be out of business. I know a lot of customers have similarly complaints.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I have never dealt with a more money hungry organization than Wyndham, and these maintenance fees are outright ridiculous. Just using the timeshare is an extreme battle, and I don't why I have to pay a fee to book a room. These points that Wyndham promises are so good, they don't even cover the cost of my room to travel? This is the entire reason I purchased to travel for cheap, but that has all been a lie since the day I signed the contract.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I feel scammed into signing up with Wyndham. The nightmare began in 2018 when I entered a drawing at a local craft fair for a vacation prize. Me being me did it for the heck of it as I never get lucky and win anything. About a month later I received a call that I had won a "fly away" Package with 4 airfare tickets and a dinner gift card and I would have to attend the presentation to receive. I went in knowing or "thinking" I would not purchase as I did not have the money to "invest" in timeshare as I was only 27 years old.

In sitting down with the salesperson he convinced me the money I would be "saving" and "I could cancel when I wanted." I was with my mother and we specifically stated we could not afford a monthly payment, at this time the sales rep stated "who says there is a monthly payment." He convinced me that I could have a package deal that would not be a monthly payment and would be a one time annual fee of $1700 and with this I would be a perks member, get quarterly party weekends for $250 and would receive 21 days of vacation time per year.

The timeshare membership was a points timeshare so I did not even realize I was locked in to a timeshare, I believed this was a membership. The sales rep convinced me that this deal was a good deal and was only good for that day. Because I was in a place where I wanted to travel more and was trying to be open minded I accepted this "wonderful opportunity." I never heard from the sales rep again to check in/follow up or anything. WHAT I DID NOT KNOW was that I was now obligated to a Mortgage of $250 per month plus monthly maintenance fees of $65 (at the time) Sooo this is more than my car payment that I did not agree to or know I was purchasing-remember we said we could not do a monthly payment.

I filled out a credit application not knowing it was for a mortgage loan, I thought it was to qualify for the "package deal" not to open another loan. This is a debt that is now in my name that I did not agree to or know of what was actually happening otherwise I would have never even sat there for an additional 3 hours after the 90 min presentation listening and signing paperwork. The best part is when I found out that my package that I am now obligated to paying $330 per month plus an $ 8 processing fee to process my payment (not sure how this is even legal) is only equal to about a 5-7 day vacation I about lost it as I was "supposed to be saving money."

As many people have said "If I had known I would have never done it," exactly this is why they scam you and you are the one stuck with a mortgage that you did not anticipate and the lines become clear when it's too late. Save the time and energy. DO NOT ATTEND A PRESENTATION, THERE ARE MUCH BETTER WAYS TO VACATION THAN BEING STUCK WITH A DEBT. Thank you Wyndham for being the first to affect my credit, as I have always had great credit until you scammed me into a mortgage that I now cannot pay, why would they care, it's not their credit. As far as they are concerned you signed the contract... There are many class action lawsuits on this company for these reasons, and I will be taking my complaint to the BBB.

Original review: June 21, 2021

More than 10 years ago I made the mistake of buying a Wyndham timeshare. My ex-wife and I were enticed with free hotel room stays to attend a timeshare presentation. They make it sound like the best thing ever and get you all excited about going on vacation and how it's so great for your kids and how if you can use it you can just rent it out to help pay for your timeshare and there's no way you can lose. They also tell you, you can use your points for rental cars, hotel rooms, cruises, flights, and more.

First off, the hotel vouchers were impossible to use. It was supposed to be 5 nights but you can only use them 1 at a time during the week. We went to book our first trip and absolutely nothing was available that we wanted to do. You have to plan a year ahead. We tried to book hotel rooms...nothing was ever available. The only time we ever used it was for a car rental and we still had to pay $300 for the rental car. This is the biggest scam ever. DO NOT make the mistake I did. Now I'm divorced and still tied to my ex through this horrible Wyndham timeshare. Worst mistake of my life.

Original review: June 19, 2021

Bought 15 years ago and are "founding members" now. A lot of good that does us. We spend tens of thousands of dollars each year in maintenance fees and WyndSham keeps changing their policies/rules to make it more and more difficult to use the DEEDED POINTS WE PAY AN ARM AND A LEG FOR. Their latest "update?" No guests allowed at any of their popular resorts over weekends or around/on holidays. Do they notify their owners? Nope. Just post it on their website, then they can point to their site when they cancel reservations on owners without warning.

We were sold millions of points with the promise that we could rent anything unused to not only cover our maintenance fees, but to make a bit of a profit. Well then Wyndham came out with their own "rental" program and decided all those owners were their competition. Corporate greed at its worst. Totally disgusted by Wyndham. DO NOT BUY INTO THEIR LIES!!!

Original review: June 18, 2021

Attention potential Wyndham timeshare buyers – if you are coerced into buying a timeshare, you can legally cancel your contract, but they won’t tell you about that. Our first experience with Wyndham was when we received a call offering us a discounted trip to Las Vegas if we were to attend one of their sales presentations. This presentation was MUCH longer than the promised 90-minutes; we spent over 3 hours there! Throughout the entire meeting, we were continually told about all the alleged benefits of Wyndham ownership; we could travel when and where we pleased, that this would be a real estate investment that we could rent out to pay for the maintenance fees, and that we could pass this on to our children for them to benefit from in the future.

When we asked for the night to sleep on our decision, we were told that we had to decide immediately or that the price would no longer be honored, so we reluctantly purchased. Nothing that we were told has turned out to be true! There is never availability at the places you want to go and there are so many fees just to travel, which is on top of mortgage payments and annual maintenance fees that are constantly on the rise. Plus, we are continually coerced into attending additional sales presentations where we are pressured into upgrades that are supposed to solve our issues. None of this is true! Had we been told at any of these meetings that we had a legal cancellation period, we would have taken advantage, but this was always kept from us. This company is terrible and unethical!

Original review: June 4, 2021

In 2015, I was under the age of 25 when I signed the timeshare. Since my mom was with me they convinced her to sign with me. This was on purpose as she is the primary on the account while I am the one who paid for the timeshare. Fast forward to November 2020, I want to cancel my timeshare, and they will let me. However, I will get no money. This is crazy, but I just want out because the maintenance fees increase every year. They have gone up over $30 a month since 2015.

Now, when they say I can cancel it, they tell me it will take at least 4 months. I say, "Okay, and while you are working on this, I am requesting my money in interest back as authorized in the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)." They then tell my mother (who did not request to invoke the SCRA) that she does not qualify. Of course, she does not because she was not in the military and did not send the request, I did. So I tell them they replied to the wrong person, I get the run around from the “CARE” team, the managers, and even the Twitter account.

Since no one could answer my questions, I get a lawyer involved. When I do, they tell me no one in the entire Wyndham company can talk to me but a lawyer. So I asked them for the lawyers' information, and no one can give it to me even though my lawyer could not get it and asked me for it. To get any help, my attorney and I had to send a letter saying I am no longer using an attorney. I do that in February 2021 and get some help.

Fast forward to April 2021, I have not heard back from Wyndham. I reached back out, they tell me that the letter does not mean anything, and they still cannot help me. Therefore, I reach out to the Wyndham Twitter account again, and then I get some help. However, I have not heard anything since then, and I am still being charged the monthly maintenance fee and cannot use the timeshare. Additionally, I tried to reach out via Twitter again, as that seems to be the only way to get someone to help me, and they blocked me. Therefore, I am trying to get help from the Consumer affairs/Federal trade commission. This issue has been a nightmare. I just want to be done with Wyndham.

Original review: May 27, 2021

I attended a presentation with Wyndham because I was offered free attraction tickets to events in Gatlinburg, TN. When I arrived at their presentation, I was paired with both a senior member of their sales staff and a trainee, both of whom were very pushy. They continuously told me that this was the type of purchase that would allow me to leave a legacy, have financial freedom, and that because I owned a travel business myself, I could rent this out and make a significant profit. I finally gave in because I believed it would benefit my business and was explicitly told MULTIPLE TIMES that this was not a timeshare.

I have taken seven different trips within the United States and tried to use this for my hotel stays. There has not been a single time where that has been possible! When I called Wyndham for assistance, I was told that I would have to pay MORE money to book, even though I can see availability online through other travel sites! This company has lied to me from the beginning!

Original review: May 26, 2021

After getting our contract with this headache of a company we couldn't even get into the online platform to book a vacation for months. That’s just the beginning! After finally being able to log in we saw that we had been completely lied to about our points and what it would take just to book a room. After that we found that we couldn't even book a room with them at all even if our dates were flexible. We literally have never used this thing and they will not release us from our contract. On top of that they continually increase our maintenance fees (Something they never mentioned when we signed the contract) which is getting way too much for something we don't use. We just want to be out from under this financial burden that we can't even utilize.

Original review: May 20, 2021

An absolute nightmare and lie. We are not sure how these people sleep at night. They are no help whatsoever. Since the moment that we got into this debt we have had money problems, personal problems, we have had to pay a debt with another. The timeshare has been paid on time, while maxing out a credit card and struggling with other payments. We had trouble booking reservations on dates that we wanted or had designated for vacationing. It turned into, practically having to ask permission to the hotel dates to then schedule our vacation dates at work. Which at the end we had to do while having to go to work on "our vacation". It has caused us stress, anxiety and relationship differences.

Our emotions were played with when we were told they could sell it for us, then told us we could not use the points meanwhile it was on a "resale process". That we had to continue to pay monthly for them to sell it and us not ruin my husbands credit. Then were told that we had to pay them additional money to have them sell it. They said the process could take a little over a year, so during that time we had to continue to pay it, without using any points, plus pay them for the resell, meanwhile during that "resale time" if it took longer than a year we would also continue losing points and more money.

This would continue to negatively impact our lives due to all of the financial situations we have had. We won't be able to buy a home or an additional car at any point. Something that we considered some kind of a blessing is a burden. Loss of sleep, anxiety, stress and situations thinking about the money being spent and not getting anything out of it. This company has no empathy at all for our situation and has lied and mislead us throughout the whole process. ​​

Original review: May 20, 2021

In August 2018, we were visiting one of the Wyndham properties in Nashville when we were approached & asked to attend an owner update meeting. We eventually gave in because we were promised that it would be brief. At the presentation, we were pressured & bullied into this purchase for hours! At one point, we were surrounded by members of the Wyndham sales staff, all of whom were pushing us to decide right away. We really felt that we had no choice! We soon learned that everything that they told us to entice us to make a purchase was untrue! These resorts are not exclusive, the RCI exchange is not 'included,' and the maintenance fees continue to rise every year.

In 2020 I called Wyndham to take my ex-husband off the contract. This should have been a simple, clerical transaction, yet they tricked me into an additional contract that had over $25,000 in debt! When I noticed the amount deducted from my charge card I was shocked! No matter how many times I have called they will not help me. They just keep telling me that my only option is to pay off the debt faster. What kind of company is this?

Original review: May 20, 2021

My husband and I were married in Vegas. We were approached by a Wyndham associate about a free tour of Elvis’s penthouse suite at the Wyndham for a preview of their program. We went through the same song and dance everyone else did and of course then trying to get the most $$ deposit and when you said it’s too expensive they always come back with another option of which we bought into. We lost $1500 and tried to book stays and the locations were horrible and NEVER available when we wanted our stay. DO NOT buy into this timeshare scam!

Original review: May 19, 2021

In 2007, we received a call from Wyndham offering us a gift card for attending a meeting at their office in Colorado Springs. While we were told over the phone that this would only take an hour of our time, we were forced to stay in that room for over 5 hours! During this meeting, we were led to believe that this was an investment that we would be making in our family’s future that would allow us to have an asset to pass on to our children, that we could rent if we were unable to travel due to our military commitments, or that could be sold at a profit if we were ever wanting to no longer be owners.

When we returned home, we were excited about the idea of being able to travel as a family and utilize this purchase. We quickly learned that this was not as simple as we had been led to believe. The reservation system is not user friendly, the number of points that we were sold are useless to actually book anything, and any timeframe that we would want to use is never available! In the nearly 15 years that we have been “owners”, we have only been able to use this twice. Both times we were subjected to “owner meetings” where we were put through this same sales presentation. When we expressed our frustration with our experience, we were told that we need to purchase more points to alleviate the problems. This is not the case at all! Now we just owe more and more money on something that is impossible to use. This company is the worst!

Original review: May 18, 2021

My wife and I were visiting San Antonio, TX when we were approached by a Wyndham representative and asked if we wanted to attend a sales presentation about vacation opportunities. The gifts offered were very enticing, so we accepted. When we arrived at the resort, there was a presentation followed by a tour of the property. We were then seated with a saleswoman who started pressuring us into purchasing this package that was quite expensive. I told her that her offer, even at half the price, was more than we were going to spend and that we would like to leave.

Instead of allowing us to do so, they told us that we needed to speak to yet another person about our “free gifts” which was really just ANOTHER pitch about some “special weekend pricing”. After 5 hours, I finally gave in and agreed, especially because I believed that this was an asset that would retain its value and that the resorts were exclusive. None of this was true! You can book rooms at these resorts all over the internet! Do not fall for their games!

Original review: May 15, 2021

Wyndham is one of the largest Resort/Hotel/Motel chains in the world. Since we are members we have To support where our money goes, besides, they have some of the nicest places we have ever stayed. Also, they have locations in almost every place we have traveled or wanted to travel.

Original review: May 11, 2021

I wanted to book on specific dates and was locked out. The way they tried to upgrade the vacation packages were with some of high pressure sales tactic employed and were led to believe what we are getting is the best deal on the planet. They also stated that the timeshare will be passed to our children. So far we have invested $165000 to them and still owes them about $129,000. Look, we are 76 years old and we cannot afford the mortgage of $2500 and maintenance fee of $460 monthly. My wife was recently laid off and we cannot afford to pay them this sum of money. We just wanted to get out of this predicament and get rid of the timeshare.

Original review: May 9, 2021

I am a disabled veteran and have service connected disabilities. I am unable to travel for long periods of time. We purchased our timeshare contract in August of 2019 and to this day have not even used it. The tactics they used trying to get us to sign the contract have to be illegal in some sort of way. They promised us the world and it was all lies! We have never used this because we can not afford it and will never use it or continue to pay for this. Every time we contact the timeshare they are relentless in their pursuit to be the worst company ever and never assist in any form at all. We just want to move on with our lives and be out of this contract.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I am truly appalled at the condition of this hotel. The customer service from the hostess was ridiculous. The room reeked of cigarette smoke. There are holes in the walls that were poorly patched. The entrance is covered in garbage and debris. The floors in the elevators are filthy and missing tiles. The nightstand has fluid all over it that was never cleaned. I’m in the traveling Healthcare industry so I spend about 8 months a year in hotels. Cross Wyndham off my list. Never again. Ramada by Wyndham. 1901 Palm Beach Lakes. West Palm Beach FL 33409. Myself and my crew will be checking out as soon as possible. Disgusting filth.

Original review: April 26, 2021

My husband and I purchased Wyndham back in 2016 on my son’s 1st birthday. We were invited to attend a 90 minute meeting with Wyndham. It turned out to be the WHOLE ENTIRE day. It was hot and tiresome, but the amenities and the salesperson was very attentive and even told us we could use this for last minute trips and could pass it on to our children in the future, that it was a good investments. A few years down the line, this turned into a nightmare. The last time we used our points, it was back in 2018 and the room was so outdated. We were very displease and when we arrived we were told to go to a desk. When we arrived at the desk, we were told to join another meeting to discuss the new projects that was happening. That meeting took up our whole day. Talk about fool me once shame on me, fool me twice we sure were the fools.

So, we ended up upgrading. Fast forward to trying to book a trip, we couldn’t because everything was BOOKED! Fast forward 2020 I find out my contract that was upgraded was cancelled. I called and asked them about it and they couldn’t explain to me why this occurred. I asked them, if we owed any money to them. They said no, so I asked for a letter, so if they tried to come for me in the future I have a letter stating that I don’t owe anything. A few months go by and I get a letter indicating that our old contract was reinstated! How?! Now, we were furious. So, I called them up and had to explain all over my issues and they offered the resale program. We were in the resale program for a few months and heard nothing.

So, when asked how much was owed on it, we were told $4000. Now, it makes sense to pay it off and get rid of it. We exited the resale program, because prior to all of this I did communicate with the resale program to ask about what’s happening and we were told that they were turning things over to a Florida Sales team and that we would have to sign another contract. Sounds fishy, right? I thought so too and at this point I just want out. When I called the financial department to pay off $4000 I was told we owed $13,000! How?! Now, we are furious. We tried to re-enter the resale program just to be denied, because it was only for certain people that qualify. Now, I’m back at the drawing board. We are thinking of paying off the $13,000 and getting rid of it completely. I don’t want ANYTHING to do with Wyndham anymore. I will pay whatever it cost to go into a hotel with NO strings attached. My husband and I have learned our lesson entirely.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information