Wyndham Vacation Resorts

• 1%
  • 3%
  • 96%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Reviewed Jan. 17, 2020

We purchased a Wyndham timeshare while on vacation in Myrtle Beach. We were traveling there with family to celebrate my final round (24th) round of chemotherapy. Long story short, they manipulated us by using my cancer to sell us a timeshare! Not only that, but they made promises that were never kept! Bait and switch! These are terrible human beings! Please do not buy into their lies! Zero stars if I could!

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaffProcess

Reviewed Jan. 12, 2020

We have been Wyndham owners for 20 years. The program was very good the first few years that we belonged but it has changed in the last ten years. We agree with the reviews about the sales pressure and the lies that we are told at every meeting we attend. Skip the meetings, they are not worth it! Our account has also been hacked twice in the last six months. Last August someone took over 400,000 of our points and sold them to other people who took vacations in Hawaii. We called and talked to Wyndham staff four or five times and kept getting shuffled around to other people. We were told to contact Scam Busters, they would be able to reimburse our points. We contacted them three times in the next couple of months.

We have never gotten any of our points back. Whoever did this knew all about our account and how to access it and how the entire program works. They knew which points to use, etc. While we were still dealing with this incident, it happened again in December, 2019. This time they stole over 500,000 of our points! This time the vacations were taken in St Thomas and Colorado. We have tried contacting Wyndham again and are starting to get the same run around. They have done nothing from the first incident to make sure this did not happen again. We asked back in the fall to have our account number changed but they still have not done this even though we sent letters requesting it to be changed.

We also changed all passwords after the first incident and told Wyndham the only names that should be considered guests on our account. They still did nothing to ensure this would not happen again. We do not even have enough points left to take the vacations that we had planned this year. We are paying maintenance fees on points that were stolen from us. This is ridiculous that Wyndham has not found a way to stop this. We do not use as many points as we used to and whoever did this knew we had extra points. They were also allowed to use this year's points while the vacations were taken in December of 2019.

We never gave permission to anyone to use our points. This is a theft and a felony. Do not trust that Wyndham will help you if this happens to you. I am sure this is being done to other accounts also. We have paid a lot of money over the years for our points and no one has the right to take them! Dealing with this has caused a lot of stress, wasted time being on the phone with Wyndham, and anger in our family. We really wish we had never gotten involved with this company.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed Jan. 10, 2020

My brother & his wife are RCI/Wyndham timeshare owners. He upgraded his RCI with Wyndham last year in Branson, MO. He reserved a 2 BEDROOM condo at Daytona Beach, Fantasy Island Resort #0771 for Christmas 2019, to use his points. We arrived shortly after 8pm. The office was closed. We had to call to get a code to open the key box. What we got was a small studio, in an old motel, with 0 bedrooms. The beds were a sofa bed loveseat & a kitchen table that pulled down into a murphy bed, in the kitchenette. The bathroom was the size of a closet. It was totally unsuitable for 3 adults. We had to get a motel for the night.

He called Wyndham the next morning, but they said there were no accommodations available in Florida. The next morning, he turned in the key, the manager told him "that is what Wyndham told her to give us". When he expressed other complaints, she said "Wyndham lies". If it wasn't for relatives in Ft Meyer, FL (another 4 hr drive), we would have had to return to Indiana. My brother & his wife are very angry & disappointed with their very expensive investment. They were promised "free" cruises, of which they have been unable to get after making numerous calls. The show you luxurious condos, with the sales pitch. What you get are dumps.

Reviewed Jan. 10, 2020

Wyndham Vacation Resorts is a fraud that targets the working class (as well as anyone kind enough to hear their sales pitch). If you do not agree to a timeshare, which they will claim is a lifetime commitment, they will try to sell you a package of Wyndham points. In both cases, it is possible to ask for a refund immediately. Do so as soon as you leave the sales meeting in either case. Ms. ** may try to fool you into thinking that a monthly payment is flat. In fact you will accrue interest after 6 months. If you try to appeal a misleading sales pitch, the main office in Florida, of which Mr. Edelson is a representative, will not aim to help you. They want your money. In short, NOT NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES PAY FOR POINTS OR A TIMESHARE. Enjoy the free breakfast and any other perks that come with the sales pitch. They are misleading.

Sales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed Jan. 9, 2020

Wyndham is a scam company who doesn't sell you the dreamy vacation it seems to from all of their pictures and presentation. It sells you Motel 6, Super 8, and other low end motel stays in advance. And when I say in advance, I mean a lifetime in advance. They sell you a lifetime amount of Rewards Points in exchange for expensive monthly payments. Oh, don't forget those extra fees too. The Rewards Points are not redeemable with their very nice Wyndham Hotels. Nope, only Super 8, Motel 6, and the likes. However, it does seem you are able to receive a discount to stay at their Wyndham Hotels by becoming an entry-level "Blue" member, which I became once I signed up with email to receive my gifted 30,000 Rewards Points in exchange for attending their TimeShare Pitch.

These 30,000 Rewards Points, as I came to find out, were not redeemable for a 2 night stay at the extremely nice Wyndham Hotel (which I was told) which was connected to The Wilderness Resort in the Wisconsin Dells. Instead, they are redeemable for 2 free nights are Super 8, Motel 6, and other low end motels. However, it seems you do receive Rewards Points for staying at their expensive Wyndham Hotels.

This company is pathetic. I wish I never wasted 3+ hours listening to a bunch of lowlifes. Do your research before wasting your time with these scam artists before giving away your nest egg. In exchange for 400,000 annual Rewards Points, it'll cost you a cool $100,000+. But wait, you didn't bring that in cash? No worries, just write me a check for a small percentage of that and agree to these monthly payments. Then you'll be on your way with 400,000 annual ReWards Points to redeem at thousands of Motel 6's, Super 8's, and the likes for the rest of your life. Don't wait, buy now!

Reviewed Jan. 7, 2020

This company makes promises at its sales pitch that it has no intent on keeping. Do not go to any sales event given by this company. It will be one of the greatest regrets of your life. Please contact the Federal Trades commission and register a complaint with them. With enough complaints maybe we can put this terrible company out of business.

Reviewed Jan. 3, 2020

Wyndham Resorts is the most horrible decision I have ever made. They constantly change their rules. Lats year I paid $400 a month for my fees, and since I did not use a vacation I lost all my points. This is the worst most horrible purchase ever. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS FRAUDULENT MONEY SUCKING COMPANY! CHRISTY **

Reviewed Jan. 1, 2020

I am not a Wyndham Site owner and maybe one day I will, however I have children going to college. Neither here nor there. However the negative reviews I have read are all kind of unrealistic. If you got $150 gift cards from them then move on. I found the entire staff to be very professional as they are trying to sell you something, it is the very nature of the program to tell you something you may find useful. While I am fully capable of owner at this time I chose not to, but would strongly consider them having stayed in a few of their resorts.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 1, 2020

First let me state - we enjoy Wyndham Vacation Resorts' properties. They are, for the most part, clean - in great locations - and maintained. We vacation 4-5 times annually as we have well over 400,000 points. All, purchased outside of Wyndham [numerous sites] - spending under $3,000. Yes, under $3k. Same amount of points through Wyndham would have been close to $175k and our annual maintenance would be $2,800 higher than our current assessment.

As such, we have no VIP status when booking but we don't care. VIP allows you to book 13 months out [instead of 10], and offers points discount and upgrades - again, we don't care because we have close to a half-million points! Yet, they still try to get us to attend a 60 or 90 minute [varies at each location] "Owner's Update" meetings [a BS name for another sales attempt] as we go. Hey, $100 Visa/Amex/MC gift card - why not. Also, in most instances we can talk the rep who pushes us to attend - we say not enough, and they often offer $150. So we attend.

We sit there, listen to the BS & lies and at exactly the 60 or 90 minute mark, leave - and go to attain our gift card. They always run over with the sales nonsense but regardless - we walk. We state the deal was for 60/90 minutes, that time has occurred, we're done. D-O-N-E done! Of course they try to get us to stay and in many instances can be rude and adversarial - but we simply walk to get our gift card. Hey, a deal is a deal. You got our time and it's over. You simply have to be strong-willed and not bend under their pressure - and it's pressure.

So, if you're looking to get into Wyndham timeshare ownership - look outside Wyndham, and only consider reputable sites that offer timeshare ownership. Enjoy their wonderful locations and if attending a "sales pitch event," walk when the time is up and get your gift card. At say, $100 for 90 minutes - that's over $65 an hour, plus, you usually get a free breakfast or lunch. :-)

Price

Reviewed Dec. 30, 2019

I made a purchase, a pretty big purchase. One for 8600, and another for the same amount. Turns out, that in the fine print; my purchases did not qualify for the 1 point per dollar spent. I am supposed to get double or triple points for purchase at Wyndham properties. Well they claim I got 6 months interest free, so no points for me, and it's my fault of course for not scrutinizing the points system. I would have made the purchase on another card. One that actually gives points for purchases, and doesnt care what the purchase is. I keep it easy, 1 point per dollar spent. Easy. I could have had 17k plus points anywhere else. Just not at Barclays Wyndham rewards visa. #barclaysus.com #barclays #wyndhamreward #wyndham

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed Dec. 29, 2019

We were to invited to listen the sale presentation, because they offered discount for our Disney World passes. After listening they sale their plan. We said no because the cost, but they offered a cheaper one with the same benefits that we could have with the others. It was a scam, I have been calling and sent emails about my case. I am still paying the plan, I can not use it because they said it was to buy tickets and use it in my home country. It is a totally lie! Please do not buy anything there. The fees are so expensive and they tried to caught you with different lies. I am still waiting answer about my case since 5 months ago! Please help!

Reviewed Dec. 25, 2019

My husband and I attended to get our family free wristbands for the Dells Waterpark. ;) I'd heard negative stories about the sales team (his parents were unfortunately duped into being owners despite a lack of income), but decided that hey, people are people and they have to make a living. The meeting started off fine - seemingly professional, cordial, lighthearted, but the sales pitch was when the true colors came out. We went in having no intention to buy the package, knowing full well there are alternative, cost-effective, and more meaningful ways to travel. When we started to share more of our perspective, the behavior turned ugly.

The presenter asked everyone the average price they spend on travel accommodation. When we quipped a lower price from Airbnb, he had nothing to say lol. Later on, the rep lied saying that these points transfer to airbnb, when in truth Airbnb as a company has nothing to do with them. The reps were condescending, scoffing at the idea of alt traveling and staying in a camper. They don't tell you about the interest rates that will bog you down over time.

When it became clear we were not going to be persuaded, one of the senior reps walked off, clearly showing his transactional mentality. I study psychology, and couldn't help thinking about how manipulative and unethical these folks are. I know that their goal as sales people was to sell a product, but the complete lack of respect and disregard for humanity disgusted me. I feel sorry for their partners and children who have to deal with these sociopathic behaviors. Well, at least we got $150 out of these scumbags. ;)

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceStaffProcess

Reviewed Dec. 19, 2019

My wife and I bought in to Club Wyndham last week while on a Christmas trip in Branson with our family, and to be honest, we are very excited about it. The key is to ensure that you understand everything they say. Ask questions. Take notes. And if you feel like you don't understand what they're telling you, or if you can't envision yourself using the product for years to come, then walk away. Tips for your meeting:

1. This will be a high-pressure sales pitch. If you aren't 100% certain that you can make an informed decision while there, then don't go. It seems as if many people that gave negative reviews on here did so because they felt bamboozled; I argue that the fault is two-fold: 1) aggressive sales staff, 2) not understanding the product, which ultimately is the buyer's responsibility.

2. Ask questions. Lots of questions. Do not sign anything without being certain of everything that you sign. We interacted with four people, the last of which was the guy who went through the documents as we signed. I asked him questions that I already had gotten answers for as well as little things about the contract; he was visibly annoyed at one point. Ask about every check and tittle and iota.

3. This is a points-based timeshare, not the typical buy-in and get one or two weeks in one location at a specified time. Therefore, learn how it works. You have a short time frame in which to learn it, so take notes and ASK QUESTIONS. Some questions you should ask are: 1) Do the points renew? How often? 2) What are booking windows? How do the booking windows work? 3) What are the maintenance fees? Will these change? 4) Will there be a soft or a hard hit on my credit? If a hard hit, why is it a hard hit if we're only checking to see what my interest rate will be (hint, it has to do with a credit card)? 5) How does the reward system work, and what, if any, effect does that have on my purchased points? These aren't the only questions you should ask, so spend time thinking about the areas you don't understand.

4. The whole presentation begins with a meet-and-greet with your personal sales rep who is more of a tour guide than a sales rep (ours sat with us at the table and pointed out things that in a brochure that the presented was discussing). That sales rep takes you into a group presentation where an overly friendly and excited sales rep gives the big pitch. Make sure you take notes during this portion, because this is a very broad view of how the program works and should help you to generate some questions. Afterwards, we went on a tour of the local resort (which we happened to be staying at, so it wasn't the most beneficial use of our time).

The real pressure starts when you return to the office. Sales rep #1 starts with some small details and will try to guide you into a credit check. If you proceed with the credit check, you'll get a sales manager; this is where the real pressure starts. This is the best time to ask questions. Hound this person. Frustrate them with all the details you want or need to know. This is about you making a very big decision, and they want you to make that decision before you leave (if I'm not mistaken, they actually demand it). We were on the fence, so the "big boss" came over to help us make a decision.

5. If any of the staff belittle you or make you uncomfortable for any reason, that is a cue to ask for your money, tickets, etc., and walk out (we did not experience anything of this sort).

Make no mistake, this is a textbook, high-pressure sales situation. They have been well trained to ask questions that will take you down the purchase path. If you have ever studied any sales techniques, you'll be able to recognize many of them during your time there. You are absolutely being sold.

Now the reason I gave four stars. I don't consider myself a person who's willpower is abnormally "strong" and able to resist pressure. What I do is get informed. I asked questions, and those questions were answered. At no point did I feel as if I was being misled. I received direct answers to every inquiry. The staff was professional and kind; my kids even liked them.

I also have some experience with timeshares: my parents have been members of a different timeshare for nearly 30 years, and I have seen the ins and outs of how it works. There's is a very good one that I have considered buying into in the past. When we attended this presentation, what I saw was something similar in nature to my parent's timeshare with some added benefits, which is really what made me excited about the program and is the reason we bought in. Long story short, make an informed decision, not an impulse or emotional decision.

Reviewed Dec. 19, 2019

If you can run the other way when these people approach you, do it! My husband and I were approached in Vegas to go back for 3 nights and 2 day stay (free) + $150 gift-card so that we could sit in at a presentation and listen to their sales pitch on the time-share (we had to pay the $150 "to secure it" and then they refunded it to us via the gift-card). We agreed to the deal since...why not go back to Vegas, sit at their presentation for 4 hrs and then be free to do our own thing?

The hotel in Vegas was literally one of the worst hotels there... I'm not sure why we accepted such a crappy hotel but we did....I suppose we were ok with it because it was for free? Again, not worth it! Anyway, we listened to the presentation and it SOUNDS really good and exciting, especially if you like to travel. However, they expect you to pay a "discounted" (approximate) $15,000 for a 12K or 16K credits or pay a lot more if you wanted more credits... The credits are used for either travel fares or your stay. We weren't sold, so we purchased the DISCOVERY package of 12,000 credits. This cost us $1,860. We put in a $1,000 down-payment and then rest was financed, not sure if any fees were tackled on there for that.

Prior to reaching the year deadline since we purchased the credits & when we needed to use the credits, we called to find out the exact date when we needed to use the credits. We were informed that the expiration date was extended another year and we had additional time. So, we didn't rush to plan anything out. Then, we found out that we were pregnant and my husband had additional time to take off from work before the end of the year in 2019, so prior to baby's arrival and me getting BIG and uncomfortable, we planned our vacation to San Diego, CA!

I tried SO hard to stay away from comparing the prices of other hotels vs the cost of the stay at the "resort" we were using our credits at, but I couldn't. I'm a numbers person and I wanted to check that we made a good choice. Turns out...we could've stayed at a HOTEL with a beautiful view of San Diego and convenient location for much less than what we paid for in credits at this place (WorldMark by Wyndham - Mission Valley). The resort is NOT a hotel, even though it is advertised on TripAdvisor as a hotel and/or resort. It does not have room service where your sheets and towels and shampoo/soap/etc are refreshed, the room is not cleaned, the bed is not made, etc. I don't come on vacation so that I have to make the bed myself, have to worry about cleaning myself, and have to worry about cooking, etc. I mean, for that, I would've just stayed at home and enjoyed my super comfortable bed and space!

So, part of our trial period includes having to sit for an "hour" meeting with a sales rep to discuss our options after "trying out" the Discovery Program. So, we did and that's where Wyndham COMPLETELY lost us. At this meeting we were told that the sales reps in Vegas were not good sales reps and they misrepresented the package. (Why are you talking poorly about your peers?) They said that the package was supposed to be a "down-payment" vs a "trial". Then they said that we were probably staying at "one of the worst locations in San Diego" and named where we were staying. My question is - if Wyndham wanted us to purchase the timeshare package, why would they provide us with one of the "worst" locations to sample?

I didn't appreciate when I was requested to provide and check my information on the iPad and I SAW where it said to approve having my credit checked...and deliberately DID NOT check those boxes because I did not want to have my credit pulled when I already knew I was not purchasing (due to having already compared the pricing to BETTER service and locations) and the sales rep was checking them off as if I had consented to that...NO! Don't do that! That's not acceptable.

So, anyway, my husband and I informed them that we did not want to proceed and then the "boss" and/or peer tried to get us AGAIN and we had to sit there and listen to the sales pitch one more time. When we said "no" multiple times and it was just frustrating. We should've gotten up and left but they offered a $75 gift-card for going and based on the time we spent, they valued our time at $18.75/hr for both my husband and myself...not worth it to us. But, we stayed for it to not be "rude". But Wyndham should just be known for BAD DEALS! The offer was either the $75 giftcard OR a free San Diego Zoo ticket (valued at $58) and a second one for a discounted price of $48. So, they either gave us $75 or gave us $68 (ticket + discount). How does that make sense? ANYWAY, stay away! Not worth it.

Reviewed Dec. 16, 2019

My husband died 2 years ago in December and my daughter died last September. Consequently, I have only been able to use a few of my points for the past 3 years and have lost 1000s of points at the end of my plan year each year (my plan year is from April 1st to March 31st each year). This year, 2019, I gave my daughter some points for a few vacation days in Feb. and Mar. (2019). To give someone points you have to use a guest reservation (which I get 2 free per year). You would think that these free reservations would coincide with your plan year but THEY DO NOT!

I have not used a single point in the 2019 plan year but I do not have any free guest reservations for the plan year that can be used in 2019. The guest reservations used in Feb. and Mar., which you would assume were for the 2018 plan year, counted against the 2019 plan year. I had to pay $99.00 for a guest reservation for her to stay Dec. 27th for one night. When I asked for a refund, it was refused and they said I had already used my guest reservation for this year. I have been a member since 2005 and have never heard of this rule.

I am very dissatisfied since my monthly charges also increased to $1800 yearly this year. I do not feel that I am getting value for the money I pay in; and I am certainly not going to get my money's worth in the future. You can take a nice vacation each year for what I pay in monthly fees each year - not to mention the add-ons that they invariably stick you with. Reservations are hard to come by and Wyndham recommends that you make them a year in advance. The company is not customer friendly and I would advise you to steer clear of this timeshare company.

Reviewed Dec. 12, 2019

Have been a customer since 8 years and I am happy. Resorts have Spacious rooms, happy with my ownership. Wyndham is a great company and I have never had any complaints so far. I will be upgrading shortly in 2020.

Reviewed Dec. 10, 2019

Don't waste your money on this fraud company. I have lost my hard earn with this idiots. In 2 years Discovery Wyndham plan I have tried to book more 10 times. But I never ever got booking on my desired dates and locations. They always force me to go on for holidays on weekdays or their empty resorts. Means you have to plan according to them not by your choice. Please Please be aware of this company.

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2019

I was not surprised to see so many negative comments concerning Wyndham. A friend and myself attending presentation in September 2019. We were not interested in a timeshare just the money to listen to the hype. We were suppose to be there for 2 hours. It was actually over 5 hours. After the presentation we were assigned man Named Dan ** to assist us. I have never been subjected to such high pressure. I made it clear that I am a widow and live on a pension. That seemed humorous to him. I then told him that I would not make use of a timeshare because it is not within my budget. I found him very forward as in asking me to have a drink with him. That was not necessary. After making clear that I was not going to buy, I was bombarded by a swarm of people showing me (a better deal, rate and down payment.) As charming as they tried to be...they were not.

When I was sent in to the gentleman to record the closing I was told by the salesmen to just say yes to every number he threw out and not ask any questions. I left there thirsty, hungry, tired and wondering what the heck just happened. Now I am stuck with a timeshare that I do not want and a credit score that took a beating. I just want out. I will be 65 at years end and in poor health. No way do I recommend Wyndham.

Reviewed Dec. 6, 2019

The sales presentations that I attended in 2019 were the most high pressure sales that I have experienced. I caved as I needed to have my son put on for when I pass and they lied about everything. The sales presentation that I attended at Myrtle Beach was terrible. I was presented with lies and misrepresentations consistently, and told that I was stupid for not understanding what I was told. They couldn’t put him without me doing the extra buy in and when I passed it would all be lost. They said the maintenance fee would be the same and the extra points could be used to pay for the maintenance fee and still have enough points to have the yearly family vacation that we wanted. It doesn’t.

Now I am finding out your points are only worth 30% when you try to use them to pay for the maintenance fee and not enough points pay that much less take a vacation. And the maintenance fee doubled which I can not afford. Basically to me, these salespeople act as Thugs and border-line criminals, in that it is an attempted robbery to even go to a presentation there. I warn every consumer to avoid these dangerous presentations.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 6, 2019

We attended a Wyndam Resort meeting December 5, 2109. The presentation was very high pressure with 3 different people presenting varying levels of purchase level of points ($3,700 to over $100,000). We received an email tonight that Wyndam applied for credit cards (Wyndam Rewards, $75.00 fee and 24 percent interest rate) in our name. We called the salesperson back, she said, "That is how we find out what your monthly payment would be." We immediately call credit card company to cancel the card. Run from these people.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 5, 2019

Sales reps keep you for hours, 4-5 at some sites, when the "owners update meeting" is supposed to be 60 minutes. The "owners update meeting" is nothing but a sales presentation. When you resist buying, they bring in the boss or pick something about your current contact that makes you feel bad. We were lied to about a program that owners can use to sell their points back to Wyndham. We were not told about becoming deeded until we were at another presentation. That rep made us a chart about how much our maintenance fees will be in years to come because we are in club Wyndham Access and not deeded and have 400,000 points. In order to become deeded, we had to buy another 150,000 points, which we couldn't afford.

When I called to see about canceling our contract, there was nothing Wyndham could do to help. I was outside some "window" that I didn't know existed. They referred me to a 3rd party real estate to sell the timeshare. We owe $36,000 and the real estate companies said we might get $2500-$5000 for it. This purchase has ruined my life. We will not be able to afford the maintenance fees in the years to come and will end up having to walk away from it all. Do not go to their sales pitch. No matter how strong you think you are, they will find a way to get you to sign. The theme park tickets or $100 AmEx card isn't worth the cost in the long run.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 4, 2019

I have been a member for 10+ years and just ran into a new problem - new for me anyway. I made a reservation for Bonnet Creek, Check-in 2/5 /check-out 2/10. A scheduling issue beyond my control means I can't check-in until 2/6. This time period is currently completely booked, so I can't simply make a new reservation and cancel the old one -- which would have cost me an additional $19 too! I called vacation planning, who told me they can't help me. I called Bonnet Creek directly, who told me they can't adjust the reservation, but that I was told wrongly that vacation planning couldn't do it. "You must have spoken to the wrong person. Try them again." I called vacation planning again and worked my way up to a supervisor. The only way to make this change - make a day available to Wyndham in a high demand period - was to cancel my current reservation and take the chance that I can re-book.

There is no way to alter a current reservation by reducing it one day without canceling it and risk not having any reservation. Trying to add days I understand. Trying to give one back and being told it's not possible because of availability defies logic. It feels like just another way for Wyndham to dig into my pocket. It's all about the $, not the customer.

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2019

Here it is the day after Thanksgiving, Black Friday, in the mail arrives our WorldMark by Wyndham new ownership information. After a thorough analysis, they have approved a 5% increase in maintenance fee (dues), effective Jan 1, 2020. Once again fees are going up as they have been since we joined. They told us in the start of this we would not see our membership go up. They consider maintenance fees something completely different. They claim it to be a booming business. If so why do dues keep changing. Oh I see that's what makes it a booming business. People on fixed income are screwed. They don't get a 5% raise every year. I don't get a 5% raise every year. Many complaints as expected online from members. Here are a few below.

**: why do they have to keep going up and up and up every year. I mean property taxes go up and down but our dues only go up. With new members buying don't you think they could be picking up the rise in maintenance dues?

**: Be happy the dues are capped at 5%. With the costs of labor going up due to increases in minimum wages, etc.

**: I find it hard to be happy when dues go up 5% every year, but my Social Security is stagnant!!!

**##: Worst timeshare I have!

I just added a few remarks from members. Many more out there. This is a never ending life of fees. I do not recommend timeshares, especially the tricks by WorldMark by Wyndham. Unfair business practices of all sorts happen.

Reviewed Nov. 29, 2019

I have attended sales presentations not at Manhattan, Myrtle Beach and Wyndham National Harbor. I have never yet attended one that was comparable to what the schedulers to you that you are going to experience. I have been told that the company has changed, but two sales presentations that I attended in 2019 were the most high pressure sales that I have experienced. I feel lucky to have survived safely from the sales presentation that I attended at Myrtle Beach West-Winds. I was presented with lies and misrepresentations consistently, and told that I was stupid for not understanding what I was told. They made huge simple math mistakes. Basically, to me, these salespeople act as Thugs and border-line criminals, in that it is an attempted robbery to even go to a presentation there. I warn every consumer to ovoid these dangerous presentations.

Reviewed Nov. 28, 2019

First of all they will definitely lie about the time of the presentation and say it will only be 2 hours. They will definitely hold you hostage for four hours plus. Second of all they will want you to provide very personal information such as your social and mothers maiden name before you even decide to sign up. Most sales agents will not even tell you that they will be running your social and it will knock off 3 to 4 points. "Hard Pull" I advise, if you have given up your social security number in the past please sign up with a credit security company to receive alerts because this company cannot be trusted. I was in the process of obtaining a new mortgage and received a hard pull alert as soon as I left the presentation. "Be Aware".

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 25, 2019

During a sales call I was offered a package for $179 to be used in one year. I purchased that package and was offered a second package for $129 (same details as the first) to be used in two years. I purchased that package as well. The first charge came automatically with confirmation to follow, less than 24 hours. A few weeks went by and I followed up to see what had happened with the second package. I was told that there wasn’t one. I indicated my desire to purchase that package but needed to speak with someone because I wanted to confirm the details were the same as when I first decided to purchase the package. I never spoke with anyone. When I went to reserve my hotel for the first package I learned that the other package had been charged to my account, a little less than a month later, but not with the same details promised.

I tried to cancel the package after being told that a two year extension wasn’t possible and they weren’t sure why I would be told that in the first sales call. I was put on hold during that call and later hung up on. I tried another number only to be told I needed to speak with the first people I had called. I connected with someone who informed me that they essentially didn’t have to help me and made it appear like they were going out of their way to correct a situation that was an error and involved dishonesty on their end.

In the end I was given an extension “because they trusted me” but were pretty clear they could have had me go through the normal process of waiting 48 hours for the legal team to review. If this were done right the first time I would have been a happy customer. Unfortunately I had to spend time correcting their error and by the grace of God I connected with someone who “believed” me. Note the sarcasm. I will use my vacation time but will not be doing business with Wyndham in the future. Cancelling credit card phone call to follow. Hopefully their customer service is better.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 22, 2019

Me and my wife was Vacationing In Orlando FL, when we were approach by someone promoting Wyndham Timeshare. We were told just to go to their conference and you get a $175 gift card and free Vacation time, which we got but the salesperson who were selling the timeshare were aggressive and rude. We also felt pressure and to receive these gift they send us to three different places as if to discourage us. Thanks to my Garmin GPS we find all these location. The presenter whose name was Jean was good but the salesperson were very bad.

Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Nov. 22, 2019

For $299 I could buy a 4 day, 3 night stay in a Wyndam Vacation Resort on Myrtle Beach or a list of other resorts they named. The agent said I would have to book within 6 months and then stay at it within the year. I would have to sit in on a 2 hour condo-share presentation. I was okay with that. However, when it came down to it, they changed it to having to book and stay within 6 months. Also, the resort listing changed. According to the agent, I just needed to listen to my constant voice mails they were leaving to know of these things. URGH! No details were sent, like they promised. Just an agent's name. Promises weren't in writing. I wrote down what the promises were...but they didn't keep them. I was gullible but never again. DO NOT FALL FOR THE WYNDHAM RESORT SCAM!

Customer ServiceContract & TermsStaff

Reviewed Nov. 19, 2019

Since I didn't take the full membership. We was offered a trail period Discovery package. As the man fast read through the paper work and reassured us we can cancel @ any time. We took a chance to try it cause we had the understanding that we cancel @ any time in the 2 years. It's only been 4 months in. And haven't used any of it. We have decided not to keep it. So the call was made to cancel it and SURPRISE we CAN'T! I was told, "You have 5 days to cancel once you sign." And that was never told to us. Then on top of that they give you 6 months to pay off or you paying double/triple the amount. Found that out looking at the small print of a bill.

So I tell you PLEASE read every page if you deal with Wyndham. They is not for the people and now my credit will be ruin cause of the fast reading of the contract. Be careful of the words "this all its says" coming out they mouth. Even if i pay up to date I cant get out this trial membership which become a life of pain when yippy trying to improve yourself.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Nov. 18, 2019

My boyfriend and I went to DisneyWorld in Florida on 11/04-11/05 2019. We stayed at the Wyndham Grand in Orlando. When we checked in, a guy at a separate counter offered us $200 off Disney tickets, but in exchange we had to sit in a 1.5 hr sales pitch for their timeshare the next morning at 7:45 am. We weren't sure if we wanted to subject ourselves to such a thing, but the dude behind the counter said the presenter would respect our time and "they know everyone is on vacation and here to enjoy their time off work" so we said sure, why not. MISTAKE!

We showed up at 7:45 am and there were about 20 other people waiting around for the presentation to start. We were all assigned name tags. We were all ushered into a large room and paired off with a salesperson who got to know us each individually. Around 8:30 am, the main presenter showed up and started a power-point slideshow of how "amazing" and "conveniently cheap" their resorts were if you just buy their points. At 10:30, the show ended and we were escorted outside to see their resort rooms in person.

At 10:45 we made it back into the big presentation room to talk about the hard sale. Right off the bat, our salesperson tried to get me to fill out information on his iPad. This information included things such as my social, date of birth, mother's maiden name, etc. VERY personal information that can be used to easily open up accounts under my name or steal my identity. I was very uncomfortable filling out anything, and I told the salesperson I did not want to fill out any private information. He assured me it was for a "soft" credit check. I picked up his iPad and started reading the fine print under where I was supposed to sign at the bottom to see what the heck I was actually filling out.

Apparently by filling out the information I would have been signing up for a finance account with some company and agreed to maintain a $35 balance in it at all times and would be charged x% of interest per month the balance fell below $35. I told the salesperson I did not want an account with anyone as I was not buying anything and refused to fill out any of my information. He pried and kept asking why and wouldn't take no for an answer. He finally got up and left for 10 minutes or so only to come back with an even pushier woman who really did not want to take no for an answer.

At this point it was 10:55 am and my boyfriend and I needed to check out of our Wyndham Grand hotel by 11:00 am and we were still being grilled by their pushy salespeople at their Wyndham timeshare resort hotel across the street. We told the salespeople we had to go check out and they assured us since they were all the same company, we would be allowed to have a late checkout and they would notify their hotel across the street we would be late getting over there. We said no to their timeshare offers and they finally gave us our paper with our ticket discounts on it and told us to go to the next room.

In the next room, there was yet another guy who tried to offer us an "even better deal" and wouldn't take no for an answer. After battling with him for another 10 minutes or so, we were finally told to go to the reception area and check out to get our discounted tickets. At 11:10 am we made it downstairs to the reception room and there were about 10-15 people ahead of us in line that had managed to say "no" faster than us. We called the Wyndham Grand hotel from the line to beg them to let us have a late check out.

The woman who answered was extremely rude and told us they couldn't do any late check outs because the hotel was "sold out" for the night. I told her the salesperson told us they called ahead already and said we could have a late checkout and they were going to take care of us and she coldly replied "They never said that." And I said, "Yes, they did." She replied curtly "No, they didn't." And promptly hung up on me. Furious, I called back and told her through the phone we were not getting charged another night at the hotel and then she told me if we checked out by noon, we would not be charged for another night. I said "Fine" and hung up on her. At this point, the line hadn't moved and it was now 11:20 am.

At 11:25 am, the line still had not moved and one of the persons way ahead of me in the line was getting into an altercation with one of the front secretaries and the secretary was threatening to call security on them. It was at this point I turned to my boyfriend, gave him my car keys and told him to just go get us checked out of our hotel and flee for his life. He ran out the door and drove off to get us checked out of our hotel on time. I remained in line.

11:45 am I finally made it to the front of the line. I presented my paper coupon and the secretary applied my coupon towards our Disney ticket and told me I was good to go. I bolted out of the door like Seabiscuit at the Kentucky Derby. I ran through the exit doors, down the sidewalk, across 3 different Wyndham properties all the way back to my hotel at the Wyndham Grand about a mile away.

11:55 am on the dot was when I made it back to my hotel lobby. My boyfriend had just finished checking us out of our hotel and we were not going to be charged the extra night. We managed to make it to Disney Hollywood Studios around 12:10 pm. We wasted all morning being stuck in that stupid, awful presentation. It was not worth it. We could have been having fun at the park since 9 am. We will never ever EVER buy anything that is Wyndham Timeshare related EVER!

Customer ServiceContract & TermsSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Nov. 13, 2019

On July 4, 2018, we made the mistake of attending a Timeshare presentation near our home at the Wyndham Corporate Center in North Myrtle Beach, SC. There was a lot of excitement in the very full room. Questions asked and answered seemed perfect to further Wyndham’s case. Despite our caution about purchasing a timeshare we gave them a fair hearing. The sales manager said he was a friend of my recently deceased son which took us very much off guard. The extent to which that influenced our decision can be seen in text messages with my son-in-law at the time we were in the sales presentation, where I stated that I didn’t believe a friend of my recently deceased son would take advantage of his still grieving parents. My son managed a restaurant which provided some catering services for Wyndham.

After all was said and done, we bought the timeshare. Our purpose was to have accommodations near here for relatives who visited. If all that was said by the salespeople was the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, we would have been happy with the purchase. It became apparent as we found time to pore through the voluminous documents that they provided that there were a lot of hidden fees. There were other important items that should have been but were not disclosed to us. Our intended use came with a lot of catches.

They soon offered us a way to offset the maintenance fees by sitting in on presentations. That explained all the excitement and why the questions and answers seemed perfect. They had ringers filling all the empty seats, creating excitement and pushing the Wyndham line! Now, since we live near their presentation center, they wanted us to do the same.

We had tried to make reservations for the timeshare on 2 different occasions and there was nothing available. We decided to call them on it and requested the contract be cancelled due to their deceptive practices. After several letters back and forth, they flatly declined and believed their deceptive practices were perfectly fine and legal.

It was after a few months of this that we became aware of their most egregious deception of all. My son’s boss told us Chris was not friendly with Wyndham management. To the contrary, he said that Chris had battled with their management because of their poor treatment of his drivers! That revelation put us into battle mode, determined to hold them accountable for using a pretend friendship with my recently deceased son to put grieving parents off guard and gain their trust. This cannot stand unanswered! That’s why we’re spreading the word. If you agree that a large corporation should not be allowed to get away with these sleazy tactics (I won’t dignify them by calling them sales practices), please pass this on. Let everyone know how despicable they are.

Reviewed Nov. 13, 2019

The Timeshare Sales People will lie and say they just need to do a soft inquiry, do not give them your social!!! They took mine and my wife's then actually opened a freaking account without my knowledge!!!! They should be arrested!!! Shame on Seaworld for allowing them to promote through the park.

Reviewed Nov. 10, 2019

Let’s just keep this short and sweet. If a company can not deliver on the expectations they set for a presentation. How are they going to treat you when you are a client? Presentation was 3 hours long before we walked out so it could have well went into 4 hours. Vacation certificate, and points promised were not given. The guy doing our presentation was awesome. Not his fault at all for the failure on the corporation side.

Reviewed Nov. 9, 2019

We are owners. We went to Sevierville TN in June 2019. And our experience with Sevierville TN's salespeople were Horrible at best. We were told about Wyndham's opinion poll and credit card, Wyndham's salsa people said if you use both or 1 of these programs then it would pay for our loan which Would be paying them back with Wyndham's own money (Wyndham's salespeople own words). We were told we would have enough points accrued that it would pay our loan and pay $100 of our maintenance fees. All lies to get us to buy more pionts. We contacted Wyndham's Customer Care and after waiting 3 months to see if they would work with us? We were told, "Sorry we aren't going to do anything". This company has liars, crocks and No integrity salespeople and Wyndham doesn't Care!!

Reviewed Nov. 5, 2019

The resorts are nice... But the company financing and sales experience is horrible. Our first experience testing the Club Wyndham system was met with "an opportunity to review our services". What that translates to is we wasted hours of what we intended to be using as vacation time into pushy salesmen that try every dirty trick in the book. We have leftover points, but are dreading the "chance to review our services". It should read "we're going to pin you down, have a salesman waste your time, and drill into you".

Following that, we spent the Wyndham points on a Wyndham hotel... That turned out to be the most disgusting place I've seen in a long time. We ended up purchasing another motel. It was so bad. That experience can be chalked up under the motel management. But, it adds to the whole Wyndham experience. By the time we left there we didn't want to stay at any Wyndham hotel.

To add insult to injury, the "trial" was partially financed. Months down the road we get some strange credit card bill and a negative hit on my credit. Apparently the financing was through a credit card that was tied into our debit. When our debit cards changed it sent the billing into a spiral. I thought we were paying Wyndham, but they are charging against a credit card that refused the Wyndham payment. I had a hard time tracking down what was going where. So now I have 2 accounts to deal with and negative hits to my credit. After this transaction is complete I have no intention of dealing with Wyndham resort or hotel. I strongly recommend any would be customer to comb through the details and verify where they stay.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2019

My husband and I were roped into the "Club Wyndham" timeshare presentation our first day in town after being stopped at a kiosk on the San Antonio Riverwalk. When we admitted that we didn't have plans for the next day, we were told that for $40 they would give us two boat tickets, a certificate for a carriage ride, and two $25 vouchers for dinner, good for a select group of restaurants in the area. The only catch? We had to go to an hour and a half "tour" at the Wyndham resort. Now, we are not stupid, although possibly a little naive, so we quickly realized that the "tour" would be more of a sales pitch, but we decided to approach it as a new experience.

The next day, after arriving at Wyndham, we met with Ronald along with his trainee, Carlos. We were taken to a little round table in a loud, crowded room full of other unfortunate souls undergoing the same process as we were. Ronald, who promised us a "shortened version" after finding out that this trip was a small anniversary getaway for us, quickly changed his attitude from friendly and amicable to insulting when realizing that we were not going to be swayed to spend $100,000 on a timeshare (35% down and monthly payments of over $1200).

Our reasonings: our work schedules do not allow us to vacation enough to make the program worth it, and we currently have a much different set of priorities than the ones he wanted us to have (our focus is on renovating our home and starting a family). Ol' Ronald tried his very best to manipulate and twist our words by implying that we must care more about our jobs than each other. When that REPEATED tactic didn't work, he then tried a much different and, quite frankly surprising, angle.

Basically, we were taking advantage of poor Wyndham's trust and time. They are so kind enough to promise us these "gifts", but they are still a business and need to see a return. He even went so far as to step away to look up our information and make sure that we were telling the truth about this being our first presentation, then making it a point of telling us this! He said, "ok, you were telling the truth, that looks good for you." At this point, the whole situation had become so ridiculous, that I had to laugh. This guy, obviously, and despite assurance to the contrary, was taking our refusal so personally and offensively that he really could not hide it.

I hope that poor Carlos, who said nothing throughout the entire exchange, and, at times, may have even been asleep, was taking Ronald's tactics and performance as what not to do. Besides his absolute rudeness, he answered questions for us with the answers he wanted us to give, employed some interesting math skills and produced numbers that were questionable, at best, and took long pregnant, and extremely confusing pauses where I suppose we were expected to have some kind of epiphany in which we would exclaim, "Ronald, you beautiful brilliant man, you are so right! No one can do this for us, except us! We will take two!"

After Ronald had finally had enough of the standoff, he passed us on to his boss, who had a much better personality, attitude, as well as some more reasonable offers. Now, even though these deals could have matched our needs better, I was so angry at this point that I would've said no to them giving me a resort. We were, finally, and after the full hour and a half, released to someone to get us checked out. But guess what.... Nope! This dude was simply trying to sell us on an "even better deal"! Several more NO's later, we were actually released to an innocent cashier who handed over our well-earned vouchers. Well, after all of it, I got a steak for dinner and a good life lesson. Never again, Wyndham, never again.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Oct. 29, 2019

We signed up to go to a sales pitch. The man working the booth said he was the top salesperson for Wyndham. He had said after the 90 min pitch we would get to stay at any Wyndham property so we said Anaheim would be fine. Then two weeks later we show up for the sales pitch and then told that the guy lied about the trip and we would only get Oregon or Washington. Then we asked about the guy that lied to us and was told he doesn’t work for Wyndham anymore. So the two salesmen talked us into buying three days in Anaheim saying that they were sorry about being lied.

I asked them if there was any strings to the trip and they said no to just enjoy the trip. Then they lied to us again because when we called to make the reservation even though we paid for the stay we would still have to do the sales pitch. When I asked about the two salesmen guess what? They no longer work for Wyndham, I guess in their training they are All trained to lie to you to get you to sign the papers.

Customer ServiceContract & Terms

Reviewed Oct. 29, 2019

If I could rate 0 I would. Wyndham is the absolute worst company I have ever come in contact with! We purchased a timeshare only to find out that we were lied to about multiple things. They told us things that ended up not being true just to get us to sign. I called the customer service and was only made to feel like it was MY fault and to get yelled at and was told they could not do anything for me and I was not allowed to cancel my contract. Worst customer service I’ve ever received I DO NOT recommend Wyndham to anyone!! Not even my worst enemy. Do yourself a favor and save your money. Very very disappointed.

Sales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed Oct. 26, 2019

The rooms you are shown for the sales presentation you can not get, so do not fall for that.
    #2 The "investment for your children." Do not fall for either. They will be stuck with ever-increasing maintenance fees that they so conveniently forgot to mention.
    #3 The maintenance fees are more than enough to take you on a nice vacation on your own. So they are way overpriced.
    #4 They use the term "Ownership" and not timeshare. However, try to use it and see how far you get. If I really owned I could use it.
    #5 They talk about once it's paid for; it will never be paid for. Let that sink it.
    #6 They spoke about saving up vacations for a bigger better vacation out of the country but that is an impossibility they hide. You have to bank your points a month before the trip and you have to book the vacation 13 months in advance.
    #6 Um... Wyndham needs to stop selling perks that are not possible and be honest.

#7 As an "Owner" this paper I signed does nothing but show the greedy side of a company that refuses to help and keep their owners happy.

Reviewed Oct. 25, 2019

The hand sanitizers has not worked for 1 week plus. The TV on the elliptical has not worked for about 6 months. It is a great fitness facility but poorly maintained. I have reported the above to repair and maintenance but no follow up.