1.4/5 (232 ratings)

About Vida Vacations

Vida Vacations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vida Vacations?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vida Vacations?

Original review: April 30, 2022

I really wish I took a look at the reviews prior to my meeting with Vida staff. Their sales practices are deceitful and should be deemed criminal. Do not believe a word that comes out of their mouths because they only speak lies. What you agree to verbally will not make it to the written contract. I wish I had enough money to post a billboard throughout all of Mexico to save someone else's hard earned money.

Original review: April 19, 2022

If you buy a Vidanta timeshare you have 5 business days to cancel. This is a law in Mexico and they have to cancel no questions asked! Don’t tell them you there to cancel, they won’t let you in in their resort. I told them I was going to upgrade and had other questions, once I was in their resort (Cancun) I told them I wanted to cancel the contract. I was within the 5 days still. They canceled without penalties. I was so relieved, I even cried. These people can literally ruined your vacation. I hope this help many people!!

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Don't Buy here. The sales people are scammers! Even though I paid off my timeshare the membership department will harass and they are rude if late with a payment. They forget this membership is optional. I already have the timeshare. I will NEVER RECOMMED ANYONE TO VISIT OR BUY. Don't even bother to visit go somewhere else. Even when I told them that during Covid I lost my job they were very rude although my timeshare is already paid off. So if you have no membership all the fees are triple the normal rate.

Original review: March 10, 2022

We were warned… The flight attendants said do not make eye contact with any locals waiting at the Exit doors of the Puerta Vallarta airport. But before we knew it, we were in that very room, surrounded by locals who greeted us with margaritas and big smiles. Two drinks later we had given a stranger our word about meeting for breakfast the next morning at the Vidanta Resort.

Orestes picked us up promptly at 9am, and took us to the largest construction area I’ve ever seen. Just by dropping us there, he has earned his commission. The the resort is stunning…I mean absolutely breathtaking. You feel like you’re in Jurassic Park, it’s honestly that massive, & it’s not even completed yet. We were given bright green VIP wrist bands and whisked to the front desk for check in. They want a lot of info up front. This is where you start to see how complex this scam is. It’s very layered and very well thought out. Dean from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan greeted us with a firm handshake and an ex police officer smile, He gave us a warm Canadian back story to make us comfy and trust him and then sent us to brunch with “his best” sales guy Enrique.

We liked Enrique, great kid with a big heart. He’s in the wrong business though, his colleagues are cold, and lack his empathy & understanding. My partner & I watched elderly couples, single mothers, & newlyweds go through this confusing sales tunnel. It was really awful. After saying no to Enrique, he asked us to think about it. Saskatoon Dean was not impressed, he told us to sign at $20K or leave. Wow. Okay…no problem Dean. (It’s more about the Canadian dollar, not the flag for him. Dean is also a flustered man because his son cost him too much money at Pilot school.)

But now there is a problem, you can’t leave! You get sent into more rooms, and more sales reps are after your money. You can’t walk throughout the resort. You have to wait for a golf cart. But they won’t call you a golf cart until they’re done with you. Ultimately we paid (can you believe it?!) $4K and were waiting to sign the final contract when the smoke and mirrors came crashing down. There is no specific final contract!!

Vida Vacations sales reps are mandated to record the last stage of their sales “scam” (which in itself already says a lot about this company). During this recording we were asking for the exact details that had been promised to us. They said they “couldn’t change a legal contract, but rest assured, our deal was good and everything we had agreed on would be fine.” We asked for an instant refund. They sent in one final sales rep to convince us things were safe. Up until now, every other sales rep had been like minded in some way. They all had either a Canadian or USA connection and were all very attractive, active people with great smiles. This guy looked, and spoke like he was fresh out of prison. He then offered us another $2K off the final total, and was just pissed about it.

My partner had been very upfront about being a nerdy lawyer who would be looking the contract over closely. I cannot tell you the joy I felt while watching their scam fall apart as my partner ripped apart all the legal issues with the Vida Vacations “contract”. I thought Luke from BC, the Vida Vacation’s legal representative, was going to cry. I wanted to applaud at the end. It was an interesting day. I’m glad we went there but I don’t recommend it. Dean, their Director of Sales, from Saskatoon will be leaving for Australia soon. Maybe things will better? I doubt it.

Original review: March 10, 2022

My husband and I were walking around Puerto Morelos, MX when we were approached by a man that claimed to be able to provide us with Free Ferry Tickets, Free Taxi Ride, Free Breakfast and a Free Excursion Tickets if we agreed to go to a "90 minute tour" of Vidanta Resort. We agreed to do the tour. What we didn't realize, the tour would take 90 minutes, then you would eat, then they started their hard sales sell. This took many hours!! Ultimately, we agreed to purchase what we thought was a timeshare. In reality it is an outrageous priced vacation club that you cannot use without paying a large fee at the time of booking each week. This is incredibly deceitful!!

After paying for almost 1 year, I inquired about using 2 weeks and was told it would be $1700 to use 2 of the weeks that we had "purchased" and that we would only be able to use a "studio" unit, a glorified hotel room. We were led to believe we would have 2 bedroom unit at the time we purchased. They are incredibly dishonest and will tell you anything to get a sale. Avoid these crooks AT ALL COSTS!!!

Original review: March 8, 2022

I am a trusting person and business professional and assumed Vidanta to be business professional with professional ethics, I found out the hard way they are not. They have no set pricing based on customers' needs but, instead they are predators looking to prey on trusting people like myself. I am disappointed in the tactic they use to pressure people in to buying and trying to get the most out of you with no regards to value of products, They also would not let my wife and I leave and think about it and have time do the research. I am thinking they do this so people don’t have time to read the reviews on Vidanta and discover the hidden lies.

I was lead to believe that the Weekly cost to rent a room with the purchase of the Vidanta program was at a discount because I paid the large upfront cost. But in doing research and talking to several members I have found out that the weekly cost to stay on one of Vidanta resorts without the Vidanta Vacation program is well below the price you would have to pay in being part of the program. (So I paid a large upfront cost so I could pay more for the weekly rate!) Does that sound like a good deal? I don't believe so. I would be a richer person today and get a better weekly rate l if I did not purchase the Vidanta vacation program as it is only a deal for Vidanta and not their customers.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

I have read all reviews below, and as you can see, everyone agreed that Vida Vacations is just a bunch of thieves, liars, and crooks. If you feel bad that you lost $1500, or $1800, we were swindled of about $7K. We had the same bad experience as everyone else. We were practically kicked out of Vida Vacations Customer Service office at Vidanta because we were trying to inquire about ways to use Vida dollars. The customer service rep also threatened to call security on me and my wife who hardly opened her mouth.

The customer service rep’s name is Mark **!!! Yes you heard me **! ** later sent an email apologizing, and only because he was forced to do it by his boss! You see on the same day, I thought that I was fortunate to meet another Mark, his name is Mark **. After I complained to Mark ** about **’s behavior, an apology came in email from Mark **. That apology was never accepted, and needless to say, both Mark are simply part of a shady company. I later received an email from Vida Vacations with a complaint case initiated by customer service, and a promise to follow up, no follow up ever happened.

Now, please help me out!!! I am going to file a class action lawsuit, based on what happened to me and you at the hands of this company! We can't let this company continue to swindle hard working people and generate such negative emotions in all of us. All I need from anyone who was abused by Vida Vacations is your support "NOT MONEY"!!! We are all victims of shady practices based on lies and fabrications. I will create a group on Facebook by the name of "Vida Victims.” I would like to look up each and everyone of you on Facebook, ask you for your story, and hopefully create a Vida victims’ group. We can only do it TOGETHER!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Don't use this company to book your cruises. I cancelled my cruise on 02/08/2022. My cruise is until July 9. They are me $481.44 for cancelling, the cruise did even charge but this company does. They only records on validations. They don't records when you ask question of cancellation when date. When we received the invoice there were two different charges 1. Cruise line and 2 for the ovc. They also charge you the for using your points. From the beginning of booking they don't record that conversation. All the questions we ask for, it wasn't recorded. The only recording was the validation saying that we declining the insurance and others. The recording that I heard she was speaking so fast. Be careful of this company. It's good to be true. They are horrible of answering, they will keep you on hold for a long time.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2022

Vidanta is full of trained, skilled and professionals thieves to take your money. I was happy bringing my friend and her daughter to celebrate her birthday at this place which was the worse mistake. The bed was uncomfortable, mattress too soft. The room was noisy because children were running or playing, people also talking loud in the lobby. We could not rest at all. My friend got sick due to the lack of sleep. We hear our neighbors next door doing all their private necessities. It sounds as they were in our own room.

We called twice to reception to inform that we were unable to sleep due to the activities next door. They did not do anything. We spent 5 long days and the day that we were checking out our returning flight was cancelled. We could not take it no more, we just wanted to leave. We booked a new flight reservation to avoid two more nights at this hotel. We needed to spend a credit of 1,375 dollars for food and we did not spend we also lost it. We were supposed to spend 7 days but our flight was cancelled at our departure day from New York. We ended spending more money than we planned.

I told my friend to keep a picture of this place because we are not planning to come back or recommended to anyone else. Too expensive for the poor quality of service offered. Be aware of the 1:30 minutes meeting. It will take all day. There is not need of having a membership to enjoy a good and quality vacation in a five diamonds resort. The marketing crew is full of corruption, lies and ethical values.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

I should have believed the reviews when I read them but thought that Vida Vacations was telling the truth when they sold us the vacation package. We paid $1800 and were promised multiple things - such as cruise certificates and a $1000/year cruise voucher. The caveat is that yes, you can book a cruise and get the voucher but they charge you a $1000 redemption fee so there is no savings. They also promised 2 - $299 weeks a year where you find your resort and get a quote - say $1500 for the week and you call Limitless and they will give it to you for $299 - that's apparently not how it works and you are limited to only what they have on their website under $299 weeks which is crap places. You do get a voucher for a free week at a Vidanta resort and that is nice but that's about the only benefit you get from this. Very disappointing so I hope someone else can learn from this.

Vida Vacations author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Vida Vacations is a timeshare company that was founded in Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico in 2010. The company offers real estate interests in 15 resorts in Mexico.

• Luxury destinations: Vida Vacations offers customers timeshares at some of the most luxurious resort destinations in Mexico.

• Great employee treatment: The company is known for treating its employees well, and it has been called one of the Top 20 "Great Places to Work in Mexico" by the Mayan Times.

• Concierge service: Vida Vacations offers its customers a global concierge surface to help travelers plan their travels across the world.

• Trading opportunities: Customers who purchase timeshares from Vida also have the opportunity to visit destinations that are part of other vacation clubs.

• Vacation amenities: Travelers who choose Vida Vacations Resorts have access to a huge range of resort amenities when they travel, including restaurants, bars, activities, entertainment and more.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Advisor

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Vida Vacations Company Information