1.4/5 (238 ratings)

About Vida Vacations

Vida Vacations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vida Vacations?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vida Vacations?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

The worst of the worst of the worst timeshare you could possibly imagine. RUN!!! You’re basically spending thousands of dollars for access to something Expedia could give you for free. There are no deals and discounts. The hotels they offer are just really really terrible or they tack on extra fees. The cheap weeks have horrible options for hotels (a weird amount of them are in China??) without access at all to most states and lots of countries. It’s just a joke. The cruise credits they’ll incentivize you with are “free” but you have to pay a $1500 “certificate redemption fee” which is so sleazy and misleading.

The free stays they’ll pressure you to upgrade and spend an arm and a leg to do it. When you refuse all of it and ask how to cancel, they’ll either A) Put you on hold indefinitely so you can’t get through to talk to someone, B) Sound understanding and tell you to just stop paying the bank your Loan (horrible, dangerous advice), C) Try and ignore all your concerns and get you to book your “free” week or, D) Ignore you and all of your follow ups going forward. It’s horrible. It’s sleazy. It’s dishonest. The hotel isn’t even that nice and everything they say in the meeting is misleading. I could not have worse things to say. And I actually have parents and friends with timeshares that ARE good and helpful so I’m not a total timeshare hater. But this my friends… this is a flat-out scam.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

I am reaching out because we were lied to!! We paid a total of $11,000 & I want ALL of our money back. If they have no problem lying to me now, there is no way that, would good conscience, I could continue with this company!!! I DO NOT TRUST THEM!!! We bought on October 3, 2022 in Nuevo, Vallarta & got talked into being a part of the Ambassador Program at the very end after saying NO the entire time. They had to convince us to make this work with our finances and that included telling us that Hawaiin Vacations would be able to SELL our current timeshare, Worldmark.

I received a phone call from Hawaiin Vacations last week to find out that in order to receive what we were promised we would have to pay an additional $3000 & they do not SELL our current timeshare. They can only have us deposit our points with them. We were verbally told that I would be able to get everything that the platinum package provides but they omitted to tell us it would cost us an additional $3000.

After paying the $3000, the platinum package includes a reoccurring fee of $99 a year instead of $299 a year for basic plan, 100% inventory, 40 weeks on the platform that never expire, 4 authorized users on the account, 2 free cruises a year, airfare, prorated nightly room rates, gain full access to Hawaiian Vacations Maintenance fee Protection & Platinum Rental Program which means Hawaiin Vacation would be our property manager, small brokerage fee, to advertise and rent out our units for us for the units we don't use to receive money back to make a profit.

I also thought and was told that if we don't use our timeshare, we would be able to rent out our units on our own, to get cash back, through VRBO or Airbnb using Vidanta website pictures and descriptions BUT to do this there is a $3000 fee to initiate rentals through those websites and the lowest I can go to rent for a week is $850 - $1900 BECAUSE I'M NOT PLATINUM, which means NO PROFIT! Platinum for a week is $699 to $899 and I am currently $850 - $1900 for a week in the basic plan. Under the platinum plan at additional $3000 if we chose to rent out our units, we would make a profit ... that one's a kicker because without the platinum package our weeks will cost is $850 for a room and $1900 for a suite for a week!

Here is another issue I have and that's the Ambassador Program. We were told we were chosen because we live in Washington State, and they wanted more people from our State to check out the Vidanta properties. We were given 10, 8-day 7-night accommodation certificates which include ground transportation from airport to resort. They stated for us to donate these 10 certificates to Make a Wish Foundation in Washington State and when Make a Wish Foundation auctions them off, we get paid for each certificate auctioned off. We could get up to $5000 a year if all 10 are auctioned off and any money collected gets put on a Vidanta visa which we would collect when we go on a vacation at a Vidanta property. We are supposed to get 10 certificates this year and an additional 10 certificates next year which could bring in $10,000 in 2 years.

In the paperwork, there is no directions on how to donate these certificates to Make a Wish Foundation in order for us to get our certificate credits. I contacted Vidanta and requested help on the process to get a return email that states the following "Make a Wish Foundation & Vidanta Resorts are two separate and independent companies. Therefore, to receive accurate information regarding my request to donate certificates, I should contact Make a Wish Foundation in Washington State directly." WHAT!!!! Vidanta is who signed me up for the Ambassador Program and now that I have questions, they can't help me!!!? Nowhere in the paperwork does it tell you how to donate certificates to charities nor is there any contact information for questions. We are left in the dark on how to donate and make sure that we get financial credit for the certificates we are donating.

We don't want to donate and take the chance that Make a Wish Foundation doesn't know anything about the program, and we do not receive the $5000 as was stated to me once all 10 certificates have been auctioned off. The welcome package for the Ambassador program does not mention CHARITIES. It only mentions friends, family, colleagues and also states that guests only pay the usage fee for the room type in our contract which without platinum it's $850 (room) to $1900 (suite) for a week depending on if they want an entire suite or a bedroom. That's a rip-off for a week!!!! Nobody is going to want a certificate for a week for that price, therefore, we won't get any money back.

When we were sold this Ambassador package, we did the math and thought to ourselves that there was no way we could lose but this is farthest from the truth! We feel that we were frauded for their gain. We signed the contract, after being there 6 hours and wanting to leave, TRUSTING that what we spoke about was what we're receiving. Shame on us for trusting them!!! We will be going all over the internet to let everyone know to steer clear of purchasing ANYTHING with Vidanta properties because we feel we have been ripped off!!! We DEMAND ALL OF OUR MONEY BACK otherwise we will be very vocal about your lies on ALL PLATFORMS!!!

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

I don't weant to spend too much of my time after going through an 8 hour (supposed to be 60 minute) tour. The gifts they promised are absolutely worthless. One gift is an access to a "Priceline" type booking service and the other gift entitled bookhawaiicollection.com could not be accessed. Also, the free week at another Vidanta resort actually costs $700. Give me a break!!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

I was visiting Puerto Vallarta last June 2022 for medical purposes, while exiting the airport I was targeted to a guy who offered me a free taxi in order to visit Vidanta resort with a free breakfast. He said to me, they are just promoting the resort for the next time visit. My experience with Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta is pretty much the same as the others. I just want to add something here, after buying a timeshare they also offered us a Club Freedom that would give me the right to reserve tickets to concerts, circus solei and the recreation park in construction.

I just found out that club freedom is another type of luxury timeshare with prices out of my pocket. That club freedom is useless unless you are a millionaire. We wasted our hard earned money on this crap. My mother is retired and is living out of his pension, part of her money went there. It's so shameful. The park was supposed to be opened this month and did not happen. They also sold us a suite in the Kingdom of the sun which is still under construction. It was too much information and we were already tired of being there. Hopefully, this helps someone save their money.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

Vacationing for the first time alone to Mexico this past June, I arrived in Mexico and was immediately targeted by a group of men who brought me over to a counter because I needed a taxi to get to my resort. They told me they would take me to my resort and if I came and saw another hotel the next morning I would get free breakfast and I just have to stay an hour and take a trip around the property. I said, "No problem." They took me to my resort. I was staying in. The next morning he picked me up. Went over. The property was so incredibly large and confusing. This resort so I was told is Vidanta and they have many places all over Mexico. I found out later this was not a hotel. It was a timeshare. I asked that question several times before getting to the property. Of course I was lied to.

After six hours of being there and being sent from room to room to room to room four different places one of the places making a complaint about the whole thing I felt targeted. I felt pressured. I felt I couldn’t leave. I didn’t know where I was. I didn’t know how to get back to my resort. I insisted several times for them to get me my taxi. Instead they would take me to another area where another Man was waiting to talk me into this. All of a sudden they brought the price down from $40,000-$5000 so I felt the only way to get out of there was a sign a contract for $5000. They also promised me that this could be used in Europe. It could be used all over the world. It’s not just in Mexico. They gave me a song and a dance and in the contract it mentions Europe but it happens to be a whole other thing called Limitless vacations which is something separate entirely that I have to pay for.

They had me so confused what was going on. If you can only imagine six hours of sitting there or being brought around from place to place how tired I was. I just wanted to get back to my resort onto my vacation that I wanted to be on. They wore me down. Fast forward now I’m home looking at everything and I realize none of the things were true about Europe. This can only be used in Mexico and they already don’t have the weeks available I was looking at. So now After trying to make it work I realize this is not what I wanted. I called up immediately to try to get out of my contract. The woman was very nice. She brought it to another person called Luke. Luke brought it to corporate and today I received word from corporate that it’s not happening. I said, "Well I guess you guys like targeting single women and keeping them hostage for six hours against their will and so on and so forth until they sign."

Just giving everybody a heads up do not buy anything in Vidanta. - Vida Vacations. They are snakes. They lie. Looking back I truly felt like they mentally wore me down and my only way out was money. Now I’m stuck with a timeshare I will never use. I lost 5000.00 and I feel like a fool. Corporate did not even take this seriously. Again treating a woman like she is beneath them. They told me to find a Spanish speaking lawyer. The nerve of these people.

Original review: June 27, 2022

BEWARE, read this and all the other negative reviews on internet before you stay here, or God forbid you take a presentation and actually buy from them! It's a timeshare SCAM! We fell for to their predatory tactics offering tours & gifts but it was as a 4 hr torturous pitch to spend $270,000 on a basic unit, and no matter how many times you say no, they keep pressuring you and find excuses to keep you. It’s NOT 1hr, it’s minimum 3-4 hrs of your time, and they don’t give you all the gifts promised unless you buy. It’s like Hotel California- you can go in but you can never leave!

Also be aware that the place is huge and very confusing to get around on the property. It’s also very far from town, and they do this on purpose to confuse you. Do Not Book a room here, prices on the resort are very expensive and they will use bait and switch tactics to get more $$ out of you. Also, you cannot use all the pools and restaurants, only the ones associated with your unit, which invalidates the point of going to a big resort. The gondolas are not available to guests either and if you want to see Cirque de Soleil you must buy an expensive ticket.

BUT IN CASE you went and were pressured to BUY, if you are within 5 business days of signing the contract, YOU CAN BACK OUT without penalty. Type a letter and sign it & take it along with all the documents you signed & deliver them back (don’t tell them you are canceling, or they will try to block you). In Mexico you have 5 days by law to cancel. Internet has more information on this. I honestly do not know how this place has not been investigated for fraudulent practices but nevertheless the WARNINGS are real!

Original review: April 30, 2022

I really wish I took a look at the reviews prior to my meeting with Vida staff. Their sales practices are deceitful and should be deemed criminal. Do not believe a word that comes out of their mouths because they only speak lies. What you agree to verbally will not make it to the written contract. I wish I had enough money to post a billboard throughout all of Mexico to save someone else's hard earned money.

Original review: April 19, 2022

If you buy a Vidanta timeshare you have 5 business days to cancel. This is a law in Mexico and they have to cancel no questions asked! Don’t tell them you there to cancel, they won’t let you in in their resort. I told them I was going to upgrade and had other questions, once I was in their resort (Cancun) I told them I wanted to cancel the contract. I was within the 5 days still. They canceled without penalties. I was so relieved, I even cried. These people can literally ruined your vacation. I hope this help many people!!

Original review: April 7, 2022

Don't Buy here. The sales people are scammers! Even though I paid off my timeshare the membership department will harass and they are rude if late with a payment. They forget this membership is optional. I already have the timeshare. I will NEVER RECOMMED ANYONE TO VISIT OR BUY. Don't even bother to visit go somewhere else. Even when I told them that during Covid I lost my job they were very rude although my timeshare is already paid off. So if you have no membership all the fees are triple the normal rate.

Original review: March 10, 2022

We were warned… The flight attendants said do not make eye contact with any locals waiting at the Exit doors of the Puerta Vallarta airport. But before we knew it, we were in that very room, surrounded by locals who greeted us with margaritas and big smiles. Two drinks later we had given a stranger our word about meeting for breakfast the next morning at the Vidanta Resort.

Orestes picked us up promptly at 9am, and took us to the largest construction area I’ve ever seen. Just by dropping us there, he has earned his commission. The the resort is stunning…I mean absolutely breathtaking. You feel like you’re in Jurassic Park, it’s honestly that massive, & it’s not even completed yet. We were given bright green VIP wrist bands and whisked to the front desk for check in. They want a lot of info up front. This is where you start to see how complex this scam is. It’s very layered and very well thought out. Dean from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan greeted us with a firm handshake and an ex police officer smile, He gave us a warm Canadian back story to make us comfy and trust him and then sent us to brunch with “his best” sales guy Enrique.

We liked Enrique, great kid with a big heart. He’s in the wrong business though, his colleagues are cold, and lack his empathy & understanding. My partner & I watched elderly couples, single mothers, & newlyweds go through this confusing sales tunnel. It was really awful. After saying no to Enrique, he asked us to think about it. Saskatoon Dean was not impressed, he told us to sign at $20K or leave. Wow. Okay…no problem Dean. (It’s more about the Canadian dollar, not the flag for him. Dean is also a flustered man because his son cost him too much money at Pilot school.)

But now there is a problem, you can’t leave! You get sent into more rooms, and more sales reps are after your money. You can’t walk throughout the resort. You have to wait for a golf cart. But they won’t call you a golf cart until they’re done with you. Ultimately we paid (can you believe it?!) $4K and were waiting to sign the final contract when the smoke and mirrors came crashing down. There is no specific final contract!!

Vida Vacations sales reps are mandated to record the last stage of their sales “scam” (which in itself already says a lot about this company). During this recording we were asking for the exact details that had been promised to us. They said they “couldn’t change a legal contract, but rest assured, our deal was good and everything we had agreed on would be fine.” We asked for an instant refund. They sent in one final sales rep to convince us things were safe. Up until now, every other sales rep had been like minded in some way. They all had either a Canadian or USA connection and were all very attractive, active people with great smiles. This guy looked, and spoke like he was fresh out of prison. He then offered us another $2K off the final total, and was just pissed about it.

My partner had been very upfront about being a nerdy lawyer who would be looking the contract over closely. I cannot tell you the joy I felt while watching their scam fall apart as my partner ripped apart all the legal issues with the Vida Vacations “contract”. I thought Luke from BC, the Vida Vacation’s legal representative, was going to cry. I wanted to applaud at the end. It was an interesting day. I’m glad we went there but I don’t recommend it. Dean, their Director of Sales, from Saskatoon will be leaving for Australia soon. Maybe things will better? I doubt it.

Vida Vacations author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Vida Vacations is a timeshare company that was founded in Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico in 2010. The company offers real estate interests in 15 resorts in Mexico.

• Luxury destinations: Vida Vacations offers customers timeshares at some of the most luxurious resort destinations in Mexico.

• Great employee treatment: The company is known for treating its employees well, and it has been called one of the Top 20 "Great Places to Work in Mexico" by the Mayan Times.

• Concierge service: Vida Vacations offers its customers a global concierge surface to help travelers plan their travels across the world.

• Trading opportunities: Customers who purchase timeshares from Vida also have the opportunity to visit destinations that are part of other vacation clubs.

• Vacation amenities: Travelers who choose Vida Vacations Resorts have access to a huge range of resort amenities when they travel, including restaurants, bars, activities, entertainment and more.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Advisor

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Vida Vacations Company Information