2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.48/5

Vida Vacations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vida Vacations?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vida Vacations?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Okay so for starters the location is beautiful and you should go to all of them. The sales pitch is an absolute nightmare and is a total lie. Don’t believe anything they say the reviews speak for themselves. The perks however are great get the upgrade in room and all the discounts you can. Get your deposit back as well. These thieves will try to fleece you of money and anything not from the USA or in writing cannot be valid. The breakfast drags out and they even accompany you to the bathroom which if I were you I would purposely take a shit in the bathroom to let them know your not interested.

Also if you're a native Spanish speaker use it to your advantage or else they will assume you're a stupid American or foreigner. This is a pyramid scheme through and through. If you have a day to waste for perks and benefits do it but piss them off in the process. I have successfully visited all 8 locations and am proud to have said no and gotten my benefits. Enjoy your time and remember to say NO no matter what.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

We attended a sales meeting in December 2019 at the Vidanta resort in San Jose del Cabo where we were transferred between sales personnel who kept reducing the sales price. We declined to purchase until the end, when they offered to take our prior timeshare in exchange provided we paid the sales tax and transfer fee. All along, we had been offered 6 weeks per year at the Vidanta resort of our choice for a term of 100 years. It turns out that they switched the offer at the final step and instead sold us a total of 7 weeks to be used within 7 years, at the end of which our membership expired.

We should have read what we were signing more carefully, but that is how these sales people work: they wear you out and assume that by the end, you’ll just sign and walk out the door. Add to that a number of problems on our first visit, including no hot water in one of our rooms for several days and sub-par housekeeping. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM VIDA VACATIONS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

My wife and I spent the week of Oct. 18-25, 2020 at Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya. We were there for my 70th birthday. During check in, we agreed to attend a "member update". They assured us that this was not going to be a "sales pitch". This was the first of many lies. After the breakfast, we were taken to a cubicle by our "update" person. We were with him for 5 hours total, in which time we reluctantly agreed to purchase an Imperial Gardens package that he promised us would be paired with our current Grand Luxxe contract, increasing the value of both contracts. Another lie.

We are both in our 70's with no grandchildren. We will never use this property. To make a long story short, we were told it several lies by this man. We have contacted Vidanta Member Services requesting help with getting our money back to no avail. We know that we should have walked away, but based on the lies told to us by the agent, we did not. Any information on how to proceed with battling Vidanta will be greatly appreciated.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

I gave one star because I had to. I would give no stars if I could. After the very high pressured sales pitch for this timeshare we signed. Very shortly after we saw that nothing they promised was true. All lies! Within the first week We cancelled the contract by certified mail, email and phone but we continue to get harassed. We are getting daily phone calls and they don’t stop. STAY AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN FROM THIS SCAM!!! Stay away from all Vidanta properties. They will give you a breakfast and try to take your soul. DON’T do it!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I went for their breakfast and talk, just 2 days after having major surgery in Mexico. They harassed me terribly, and lied to me, saying that I was "just putting $300 down for a deposit to tour the properties when my husband came down". I texted the salesman later, saying to cancel the "deposit". I never heard back from them. I then tried to go back to the timeshare to cancel this, and they refused to let me into the resort at all!! I was on pain killers when I signed, was mostly out of it, and had trouble reading the printing, and they wouldn't leave me alone. It was no "deposit", they totally lied and scammed me. It was a 100 year old timeshare contract! Don't believe them at all! Not a word. We are not having to hire a lawyer for $6k to get out of this nightmare. Terrible company and people.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

One of the number lies to the people in that you not going to pay maintenance fees. I get a bill for the amount of $1075.37, so if you buy a time share you going to get stuck paying this amount for rest of you life. So DON'T buy a time at VIDANTA. It is a complete SCAM!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I visited Vidanta Riviera Maya Cancun Mexico In July 2019. The place is ok but too many feeds charges at the check out. Rented a SUV but I have to pay a daily rate for parking inside resort but I decide to buy a time share they made too many offer that sounds good but at the End you get stuck paying a loan and high interest for many years and they say no maintenance feeds but you have pay higher feed after a year on the membership from vida. My ADVICE to everyone have fun but DO NOT BUY a time share. It is a complete SCAM.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

After landing at Puerto Vallarta airport, as you walk into the terminal you are deluged with signs about Vidanta then "greeted" upon entering the terminal by aggressive sales people from that organization. Do NOT purchase anything at any level from this sales group. They hire cheap Mexican and South American kids in their 20s to charm you over brunch then try to oversell you on everything. If you don't bite on the first fish, they keep feeding you down to cheaper alternatives along the food chain. Don't bite any of them.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

We signed up in Mar 2020 with them and so far they have not provided everything they committed to. We are unable to use our SFX or RCI memberships. When you call Vidanta/Vida vacations they just play the blame game or try to get you to buy something else. I have documentation of our memberships but "It's still being processed" 6 months later or a year membership has expired in 6 months. All they want you to do is come back to Mexico. We signed up so we could use the weeks other places. I will warn you to not sign up.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

Right, so this is your basic timeshare which we listened to the pitch and as Australians decided not to proceed since getting to Mexico was a task in itself. They then offered a package at another 5-star resort plus access to wholesale travel pricing. Since we were traveling for a year we signed on for the wholesale travel pricing. Later when booking which was about 15% cheaper, the site never completed bookings, we tried to contact them to no avail. Eventually, we spoke to our bank who contested the funds only for them to lawyer up and counter with the fact we stopped communications. This company uses aggressive sales tactics, lock in contracts, and doesn't deliver at all on their promises. BE WARNED.

Vida Vacations author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Vida Vacations is a timeshare company that was founded in Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico in 2010. The company offers real estate interests in 15 resorts in Mexico.

• Luxury destinations: Vida Vacations offers customers timeshares at some of the most luxurious resort destinations in Mexico.

• Great employee treatment: The company is known for treating its employees well, and it has been called one of the Top 20 "Great Places to Work in Mexico" by the Mayan Times.

• Concierge service: Vida Vacations offers its customers a global concierge surface to help travelers plan their travels across the world.

• Trading opportunities: Customers who purchase timeshares from Vida also have the opportunity to visit destinations that are part of other vacation clubs.

• Vacation amenities: Travelers who choose Vida Vacations Resorts have access to a huge range of resort amenities when they travel, including restaurants, bars, activities, entertainment and more.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Vida Vacations Company Information