1.49/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Discover a great timeshare now

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Vida Vacations Reviews

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I really enjoyed my vacation at Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta. The day and night housekeepers were just great, the concierge was awesome. The only issue I had was with the sales presentation that was supposed to be an owners update briefing. It turned out to be a really long day of constantly asking me to accept a deal and me constantly saying no way. The sales lady told me that she could not find my contract, all she had was a summary of the contract. I have my contract at home and said I don't want to change anything. I am so glad that I didn't agree to anything right then. She told me that I had wasted her time. REALLY, no way, I am on vacation yet she's at work.

When I got home, I reviewed my contract and found out that already have what she was offering me to buy. I am so glad that I got that presentation out of the way on my second day at the resort. I was so tired after the presentation that I couldn't do anything else but rest. I was exhausted. I think it's a system that they've perfected. It takes a while at check in to get to your room. You get an envelope and your wristband then told to wait about 30 to 40 minutes until your room is ready.

I waited about an hour. Once I got to my room, I had to call the bellman to get my bags delivered. I had a nice view of the pool and the ocean. If I had said no presentation would I have gotten that view? There is no need to use tactics on people who already have a membership because we like the property, so what if we don't want to upgrade or modify our contract. Let us vacation and enjoy our time there and maybe refer others who might want to visit also. Who wants to refer people to walk into the lions den of harassment.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I went to the Vidanta sales presentation same as the others on this site. I knew it would be a pleasant breakfast and then about 3 hours of likely misleading sales tactics. I also figured there was about a 5% chance I would buy, but the price ended up being too high and there were too many misrepresentations so I did not buy. So I took the $500 in total discounts off my stay there which they were offering, and felt it was a fair trade off for my time.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: March 23, 2019

Have been a member at Vidanta for 10 years and have always enjoyed the experience. This past winter, I decided to extend my stay after some knee surgery so that I could rehab in the warmth instead of the snow. Nothing would have prepared me for the kindness of the staff, the ease with which I could get around...and on the days it was harder, there were shuttles and carts that brought me to my destinations...often without even having to ask. The staff saw me with canes and anticipated my requirements, which left me with my independence, and pride. The best experience I could have had.

Is it expensive? Well, it’s not cheap...but I have never felt that I did not get my money’s worth. The meals are on the higher side, but the quality and presentation and service are wonderful. We have gone off the resort for meals and I must say that it is nice to see the feel of the community...but in every case, the meals on the resort were better. I would tell people to decide on their priorities and if there is a match...this might be their paradise.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

At the airport, there are always salespeople that you should avoid. We made the mistake of listening to them. We were told that we would receive $300 and our maintenance fees would be paid if we went to a presentation at the Grand Mayan. We told them we already had our timeshare and weren’t interested. They said we should look, that perhaps we could use our timeshare there. We thought that was a good idea in case we wanted to go elsewhere another year. We were picked up the next day and the breakfast was great. Then the sales started. They offered us a timeshare for over $100,000 but then offered it for less if we traded ours. The offers continually went down in price. We continually said no. This all began at 9 am and by the time we were allowed to leave, I was in tears and it was 3 pm.

My children were calling, we had no idea where we were and when they took us to a lower level, we actually feared for our lives. The final offer from a very rude man was for THEM to GIVE us $5,000 to take their timeshare. Again, we said no, and that we just wanted to leave. The man got up, stormed away. It was an awful experience and a huge waste of our time. We were compensated with the $300 and $1,000 in “VIDA” dollars(JUNK), our maintenance fees were NOT paid. These did not pay for our maintenance fees as promised. They are junk unless you spend more money to use them. I will never visit the Grand Mayan again, nor will I stop to talk to anyone at the airport. It was a very scary and huge waste of our vacation day. The only good thing is the life lesson learned by us to teach our children.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

The timeshare manager was extremely arrogant. I believe his name was Luis. We told him we were feeling threatened... He said and I quote "when I threaten you you will know it." Told us we were being filmed. If ownership reads this Michele was our sales person. The time would be 12 to 130 pm. Please view film. At one point I asked him to relax, he was angry because we were told something at another presentation he did not like. He made it clear he lived in the penthouse and hand picked every room for every guest.... (clearly he can find us).

I can only hope the owners watch this "film." I doubt they would employ him. By the way it was my mother's 71st birthday. He was horrible. All decked out in Louis Vuitton and Ferragamo and clearly thought he could speak to people as he did. How sad. He felt accomplished threatening two old ladies. We have several friends we have sent here via recommendation. Never again will we recommend this group. This should not be allowed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vida Vacations?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

My boyfriend and I recently visited the property Vidanta. As we were offered a discounted price for an excursion if we sat 90 minutes through a presentation of the resort. Vidanta is a Vacation Rental Agency. Instead of 90 minutes my bf and I spent 6 hours at this place!!! NON STOP bribing and talking to different people and getting different numbers and deals.

It was extremely inhumane, uncomfortable, and not right. My bf and I said NO about 100 times. At the end of the day and about 6 hours after arriving and sitting through different presentations and sales pitches all day my bf and I agreed to a $5k vacation home package. In hindsight we should have stuck with our original NO. However being bribed all day and just wanting to get back to our vacation I was tired and over it. My brain was mush. I do not even remember any details of the contract as I just wanted to leave. Normal time share companies allow a 5 day grace period for you to rescind your offer. However VIDANTA is clever and is not considered a time share so the 5 day rule does not apply. I would never recommend this to anyone. We were scammed. And now stuck with this offer we do not event want.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

We visited Cabo this November and was approached by a gentleman at the airport, as we were searching for transportation to take us to our hotel, who enticed us to attend a "Vidanta" presentation. This was our first mistake! We were picked up the next day by the gentleman that spoke to us at the airport. Upon arrival at the resort, we ate breakfast with our presenter, Gabby, who was very personable. However, everything changed as the day went on and other sales persons got involved. They kept us over 8 hours with a high-pressure sales pitch. Where I made my second mistake, I filled out a credit application, because the sales manager represented that it would indicate that we were serious and the company would give us their best deal. The next day, we told the sales personnel we were not interested in moving forward.

The manager proceeded to insult us saying "it costed him 2,000 pesos for our lunch and drinks", implying we were trying to get something for nothing. My husband gave him a $100 bill and we left. A few days later when we arrived home, we discovered that $10,000 had been charged to our AMEX card. In addition, I received a RCI Mastercard in which $14,000 had been charged. We had to immediately call these companies and dispute the charges. I will never, ever go through one of these sales pitches, again!!!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

We bought a grand luxe suite and junior suite, we paid a good deal of money, for, this at grand luxe on the Mayan Riviera. I have becomes quite ill and need to sell the unit. For the past three years we have been unable to stay at the resort, they use our weeks and still send us maintenance bills, I can get no one to respond to my calls beyond telling me to give it back to them. I am appalled at their treatment of us. Dr. Holly **

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Worst and most pressure ever. They kept sending new people with better deal. Kept us five hours and then did not give us the $400 they had promised. They gave us pesos worth much less. Terrible people to deal with! Started at $619,000 and ended up at $9800. By that time, I would not have taken it for free.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

My wife and I were invited to a sales presentation at the Vida owned resort in Nuevo Vallarta. It was a very nice resort and seemed to be very credible (our first mistake). We were tempted with many different options to buy a timeshare at the resort. We kept saying no as we already have timeshares elsewhere in the US. There was a lot of pressure to buy and we finally agreed to a small package for 1,999.00 US that would give us a free week and free flight back to the resort the next year.

Turns out that there is no free week or free flight and that we were told that we actually had only joined a travel club called Destinos which is associated with Vida Resorts. We did not know that we were only joining a travel club and would not have agreed to pay 1,999 to only join a travel club. When we found out that we had been misled and lied to we asked for a refund which they are now refusing to do. We would definitely NOT recommend Vida resorts and warn other unsuspecting vacationers to be careful when dealing with Vida Resorts. We feel ripped off.

Vida Vacations expert review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Vida Vacations is a timeshare company that was founded in Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico in 2010. The company offers real estate interests in 15 resorts in Mexico.

• Luxury destinations: Vida Vacations offers customers timeshares at some of the most luxurious resort destinations in Mexico.

• Great employee treatment: The company is known for treating its employees well, and it has been called one of the Top 20 "Great Places to Work in Mexico" by the Mayan Times.

• Concierge service: Vida Vacations offers its customers a global concierge surface to help travelers plan their travels across the world.

• Trading opportunities: Customers who purchase timeshares from Vida also have the opportunity to visit destinations that are part of other vacation clubs.

• Vacation amenities: Travelers who choose Vida Vacations Resorts have access to a huge range of resort amenities when they travel, including restaurants, bars, activities, entertainment and more.

• Best for: Large families, people who want a luxury vacation property and young professionals with disposable income.

Profile picture of Lisa Ann Schreier
      Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Vida Vacations Company Information