2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

1.2/5 (114 ratings)

About Wyndham Vacation Resorts

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

1.) I was told I could cancel anytime, so I tried to cancel a week later, but was told I legally only had 5 days to cancel.

2.) When I was asked for my ID and Social Security number, I was never told it was in order to run my credit. They did that without my knowledge or permission.

3.) I was signed up for a $4,000 credit card without my knowledge.

4.) When I wrote to them to cancel my contract, I was ignored. It’s been over a month, and no one has contacted me.

5.) I was told my maintenance fees were to be $84 per month. There was never a mention about an annual increase of 5% or more and would last forever.

I have only had my contract since May 2021 and have had nothing but headaches over this. I hope anyone reading this will NEVER consider a purchase with this despicable company.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

When we stayed at a Club Wyndham in Orlando, we were offered a free breakfast and $25 gift card if we would attend a one-hour presentation. This presentation began with a video where they showed us how much money we could save on vacationing if we were to be owners. When we met with the sales representatives, they told us that we would be making a real estate investment that would extend to our children, that we were essentially purchasing a vacation home, and that we would be able to book vacations at any time through an “easy-to-use” website.

After we finally agreed to the purchase, the sale rep gave us his cell phone number and said that we could call at any time if we needed any assistance. Once we returned home, we went online to book some reservations, but could not understand the website. We had tried to call the representative that gave us their cell number MANY TIMES, but he never bothered to return a single call. When we were finally able to get some assistance through customer service, they booked a trip for us.

Imagine our surprise when we arrived and were required to attend ANOTHER sales presentation and told that we had to purchase MORE POINTS because what we owned wasn’t enough! We now have astronomical maintenance fees, continuous, seemingly never-ending mortgage payments, and EVERY TIME we attempt to visit there is continuous pressure to increase our membership. What type of company treats their clients this way? They only care about how much money we spend and view us as DOLLAR SIGNS, not VIP Owners!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I had a terrible experience with the customer service at Wyndham. I asked for my points to me transferred into the following year. I was told I needed to call six months in advance to move them. That I could not transfer my points. I have two children and with Covid it has been a tough year to schedule travel. When I disagreed with customer service and asked to speak with a supervisor. I was told there was no one above him and they could not transfer me like that. I said, "Ok. I would like to have a supervisor call or email me." They proceeded to hang up on me.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

RUN FROM WYNDHAM AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! My husband and I were staying at the Flamingo Hotel in Las Vegas when we were waved over to the Wyndham booth to speak with their representatives. We were told that we could receive free activity vouchers if we were to go on a tour of their property. Having never had any experience with timeshare, we had no idea what this would entail. After the tour, we were taken to a room with a sales representative that started telling us about the cost of ownership. EVERY SINGLE TIME we told them that the price was more than we wanted to spend, and we simply were not interested, they would lower the price and add more incentives. This happened several times. We were told that we could book any time we wanted with no restrictions or blackouts, any member of our family could use, and that this could be passed down to our children in the future.

NONE OF THIS WAS ACTUALLY TRUE! When we left, we were not provided with ANY documents; we were told that they were all on a flash drive we were given. Obviously, this meant that we could not look at any of these until we returned home. When we were able to view them when we returned home, we learned about all the lies that the employees had told us! This is a slick trick these scammers employ because we found that we could have cancelled the purchase within 5 days due to a law in the State of Nevada. We are now stuck with this purchase that can never be used. Do not trust anything these people tell you!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

First and Foremost I am a 100% permanent and total disable veteran that served 20 years in the US Army. This company has no empathy for any situation such as COVID-19. I haven't been able to travel due to the fear of catching COVID. I did not utilize the timeshare promotions that I paid $3,000.00 for and I feel that Wyndham should have extended contracts out further than a max of 11 months during this worldwide Pandemic. I contacted Wyndham and they told me that my contract had expired and there was nothing else they could do for me in reference to an extension. Wow what a way to treat a Veteran that served 3 combat tours in Iraq. I will never ever do business with Wyndham and will ensure that I inform other family members, friends and my fellow Veterans.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

DON’T DO IT…STAY AWAY FROM WYNDHAM TIMESHARE!!! We received a phone call from a rep with Wyndham offering us a discounted trip to Branson, MO. At the time of check in we were informed that we would have to attend a one-hour presentation. The presentation took 4 LONG HOURS of our day. We explained that we didn’t have much money to the rep after we said yes to a small package that required a $5,000 down payment. He made us apply for the credit card and charged the $5,000 on that. This was the beginning of a long journey with this company.

The interest rate was not disclosed to us during the purchase, instead we were told not to worry because we can refinance for a lower one. THIS IS A LIE! NO BANK WILL REFINANCE A TIME SHARE! Every vacation we took we were asked to come to an “owners update” leading us to believe some things had changed. This was not the case as we were BADGERED every time to buy more points, until we did. When we finally stood our ground and said no, we were treated like we had a PLAGUE! Our monthly bill was raised to $1,200 and every time we attended a meeting, we were told a new lie. DO NOT LET THEM BAIT YOU, IT’S A WEB OF LIES YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET OUT OF!!!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

WYNDHAM OPENED A CREDIT CARD IN OUR NAME WITH A 25% INTEREST RATE WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION!! We were lied to from the moment we agreed to this 45 min presentation, that ended up being 4 hours long! We were promised 3 seven-day vacations free of charge, with no expiration date, we tried to use those vacations when time allowed and found out they were EXPIRED! The availability that they boast about is complete fiction, unless you want to go to Phoenix in July when it’s 120 degrees! Maintenance fees are constantly increasing on a yearly basis. They promised us so much and delivered on NOTHING! They have put me and my family in a financial bind, our savings has basically depleted and all thanks to the thieves at Wyndham.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

My husband and I were staying at Excalibur in Las Vegas and were approached by a woman offering dining and gambling vouchers if we attended a WorldMark timeshare presentation. We went at 9 am and were presented with huge “one-day only” discount. They tried to give me a credit card and I said no so they told us that we could finance a loan for the full mortgage with NO down payment. The fees would always stay the same and we could get a booking only two weeks in advance. Then came the real pressure. Three salespeople all talking to us at once, asking questions and wanting signatures.

They went so fast that we didn’t even know what was being signed. The contract closing was done in a private room over Zoom, and we never signed a document there. A loan originator on the Zoom meeting clicked “sign” for us WITHOUT OUR CONSENT. We tried to cancel on day 13 of the 14-day cancellation period we were advised of and got told we only had 10 days! After trying to get this resolved with no luck, we got a case opened with Owner Resolutions but have never heard from the case manager. I did not get a copy of the contract until later and that’s when I found out we only had 5 days to cancel!! We also noticed TWO other lines of credit on our credit reports. They signed us up for different credit cards without consent to cover our down payment! Stay away from WorldMark! They are deceitful manipulators and essentially are committing fraud!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

We have given Wyndham so much of our money because of this DREADED timeshare. We are so deep in debt because of the mandatory owners’ meetings they make us attend every time we walk into their resorts and pressure us to buy a low-rate vacation. Looking back now none of it is worth it. Wyndham totally took advantage of me; I’ve had 5 brain surgeries and been battling brain cancer since 2003. I get very tired quickly, I get blurry vision & I get confused from time to time. I let our Wyndham sales rep know this yet they would keep me there for 6-8 hours with no food, so every contract I signed was under duress.

These meetings would always make us feel as though we were being held hostage until we bought more points. They always promised they would lower the interest rate & take thousands off their sales price making us feel crazy if we turned down their offers. I am so sorry that I ever got involved with Wyndham! I cannot sleep at night because I feel like I let my finance down. He trusted my judgment and we ended up way over $100,000 in debt. We are in the process of selling our house, so I do not go bankrupt. That is what Wyndham has done to us, I share this so that others don’t fall victim to their SCAMS!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Writing about a specific incident before I expand to all of Wyndham... Early this morning, I was in Vegas and doing it right (Vegas is a one and done for me). Before I went to sleep at 4 AM I got on my Club Wyndham profile to double check my upcoming vacations (2 of them, 1 today in Indio, CA and another 3 days from now in San Diego, CA). Somehow in my stupor, I accidentally canceled both reservations. We noticed it right away and my wife called within 5 minutes to rectify the mistake. Please pay attention to the word MISTAKE. I am very displeased because there is nothing that can be done about it. My reservation, points, reservation points are all gone.

Now, I am an adult and I do understand that there is nothing in black and white saying I should get those back, I have just lost faith in Wyndhams customer service. If this was any situation that wouldn't warrant it being called a mistake, I would have zero problems with the outcome. They have made it crystal clear that their clients are just numbers for a spreadsheet. I would not advise any company on taking these measures for customer service in any form (I am a change agent).

I will now relate this to something that happened about 2 weeks ago with Amazon. My kids ordered about $60 worth of apps on their tablets. As soon as I got the notification I asked questions to find out exactly what happened and then called Amazon to explain it. Their policy is clear, all app purchases are nonrefundable. I talked to the representative and it was understood that this was a one time mistake. They took off the charges with a one time exception and the rep sent me an email with instructions on how to properly set up parental controls. Now there are things that I dislike about Amazon however customer service is not one. I would recommend their customer service to someone in an instant.

Now on to other Wyndham observations...

- Their sales associates are extremely pushy. So much that at one time I had to stand up and tell ol' boy to tone down the verbal harassment of my wife because I am not the one.
- Free parking is not included at their locations.
- Website is manageable but could be better organized.

- Mx fees are constant, I believe that we should only pay max fees when actively using the timeshares or properties (I unfortunately work ~60 hrs/week and am rarely able to use my timeshare).

If you have taken the time to read this: First off thank you. You are a trooper. Secondly, I hope I accurately conveyed the root cause of failure. If you are reading this and you are Wyndham: Suck less tomorrow.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information