1.09/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Discover a great timeshare now

769 Wyndham Vacation Resorts Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 11, 2019

"This company has lied to us for the past 21 years! They made us believe that we were doing the right thing and we would save money by upgrading, WRONG! Wyndham is a bloodsucking company who gives you “free” incentives to get you to come to their “30-minute presentations” which ends up being hours! The one time we went to a Wyndham hotel discount it was absolutely disgusting and when we told the manager there was nothing he could do about it because we had paid through Wyndham’s account. We are not paying them another cent of our money for false promises. My family is very important to me and we value family time. We can’t even do that now because of all the lies and false hopes they give you. We have proof of the lies and manipulations we have encountered over these 21 years and we are done dealing with it!"

Original review: June 6, 2019

I was in Williamsburg VA in May of 2018 for a short weekend trip. I was walking around the mall when a man and woman hassled me into attending a short presentation. That was the first lie. It lasted for over 4 hours! Come to only find out later after I had been lied to about everything in the presentation. When I asked the salesperson if it would be difficult to book a reservation with my points, she said "that will be no problem at all". I have tried several times to book a trip to some of my favorite spots and I have never been able to take a vacation! You can't book a trip for anything. It's always "booked up". But when you go on the website not as an owner you can book immediately!

How can someone who pays every month on being able to go anywhere, anytime not be able to book a trip but someone who doesn't pay anything towards this company be able to book immediately? Also, I was told I would have someone to always be there if I needed help booking a trip and I have tried calling several times with questions and have never received any help! I wish I would have never gone to the mall that day.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Many of us would like to exit our ownership at Carriage Ridge/Hills (near Barrie, Ontario Canada) but unlike those in the USA we cannot participate in the Exit Strategy. Our fees have more than doubled in 15 years. Many are living on a fixed income. I got charged over $300 in late fees because I was late. There was a postal strike during that time as well. I was hoping to have gotten out of Carriage Ridge ownership before maintenance fees were due but unfortunately got hit up with the extra fee instead. I didn’t want to be taken to court so I had to pay up. What a slap in the face. They are gouging us. Since Wyndham has taken over a lot of rules have changed, lots of changes that a lot of us were unaware of. As soon as Wyndham bought up what they needed, most likely free because some people couldn’t afford maintenance fees, the rest are stuck with higher maintenance fees.

Original review: June 2, 2019

Please everyone who is interested in purchasing a timeshare from Wyndham, BEWARE. If I could select 0 STARS I would. We were approached by a Wyndham rep in the mall who gave us coupons, 4 25.00 food vouchers for $40.00 and promised a 50 dollar AMEX gift card once we attended/completed the presentation. We received a receipt of what we were verbally promised. And on the back of the receipt said we will not be PRESSURED TO PURCHASE ANYTHING, AND THE REP THAT WE MET THE FOLLOWING DAY SAID THE SAME. (LIES).

My dad and family attended the seminar the next day, and toured the resort in Texas which lasted 4 1/2 hours. Which was 2 1/2 hours longer than the rep told us. 1st off my dad whom is a disabled veteran was offered a timeshare for $695.00 17% (interest for financing) plus assessment fees then when my dad and I said the price was too high our rep had a manager come and magically drop the price down some. The manager asked what my dad credit score was, and etc. I told him if he allow you to run his credit you can't guarantee the price due to his low credit score. He said it will only go up $3.00. (LIES). My dad also asked if he can cancel anytime both the manager, and rep said yes (LIES).

I'm thinking to myself if my dad borrows money to pay for this timeshare, he's responsible for it. So there is no cancellation. I felt like we were at a car dealership getting swindled. I immediately said we were not interested and the manager who was very intimidating asked, "Why not? You just heard our rep say we were the number 1 timeshare in the country." (LIES). I said, "That's your opinion. My dad and I never did research on your company, and we don't feel comfortable signing anything." The manager repeated his self. And I looked online and saw so many negative reviews. He asked what was I looking at on my phone. I didn't respond. He then said, "Oh you can't believe those negative reviews, people said negative things about Jesus too. And if you don't sign now the price will go up even higher if you decide to get the timeshare." This manager was so nasty acting when we kept saying no.

Once we continuously said we will opt out they finally gave up, and before my dad received his AMEX card a female rep made us another offer which was a one time trip for a few thousand. At $159.00 per month. WE DECLINED. This company use so many INTIMIDATING tactics to get you to sign this contract, it's terrible mind you. Think about how many hours we were there, and we were hungry, frustrated. It's never good to sign anything feeling like that, especially if you didn't do your research on the company. Me personally I could not work for a company that takes advantage of PEOPLE especially in my dad's case a DISABLED VETERAN!!!! PLEASE EVERYONE BEWARE. THERE ARE NEGATIVE REVIEWS ON SO MANY SITES. I'm so afraid for others, especially the elderly whom is more vulnerable.

Original review: May 31, 2019

NO WAY to CANCEL/HARD SELL!!! I was talked into signing up for a 3 day package for $129.00. I tried to tell the agent that my husband would not be able to join me but she just wouldn't take no for an answer. This was a huge mistake on my part. I tried to cancel the package but to no avail.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: May 30, 2019

Every time we try and go on vacation using our Wyndham ownership, the Wyndham representatives tell us that we are required to go to an update meeting which quickly turns into a sales pitch. They even took an entire day away from us when we were on our honeymoon!! We tell them that we are not interested in purchasing any more points, but they refuse to take no for an answer. When we went on one vacation, they manipulated us into upgrading our ownership, and they set up a PayPal account without our permission!! When we got home, we received an email that said we have $20,000 of debt on a PayPal account that we didn’t even create!! These are only a few examples to show how Wyndham has been able to trick us into buying something that we don’t really want.

Original review: May 29, 2019

We were snookered into attending a timeshare presentation at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek, which is, to be fair, a first-class resort. The prize? An eight-day seven-night vacation at any RCI resort, for which they want $50 up front. And, of course, you have to attend the "90-minute presentation." So we did. Conclusions:

1. Our 90-minute presentation lasted nearly five hours, most of which was spent waiting to go from one stage of the sale process to another.

2. At one point, they will ask you for your Social Security number, so they can check your credit. Anyone who has been to one of these knows it's coming, so fair enough. But these people then ask you to write in your SS# on a computer tablet three more times. This appears to be the equivalent of your signature on various things. One of them that I discovered was that if I gave my number, I was agreeing that if I finance, I would go through their bank, and I was giving the bank permission to contact me by mail, email, phone or -- and get this -- robocall. No thanks.

3. At one point, the third person involved in the sales process asked why I would not consider buying. I gave him some definitive reasons, and as he left the table, he said to me, "Why in God's name are you here then?" Direct quote. I could not make this up.
      4. When we finally could get free, it turned out the gift certificate for the week gives you free lodging at three places if you want to stay in the next two weeks, and more than 100 other places where you will pay an additional $160-$900 to stay for those seven nights on dates farther away.

5. When I pointed out the sneakiness of the "small print" that would have committed me to robocall dunning by their bank, one of them said, "It's not sneaky. You saw it, said you didn't want to sign, and you didn't have to." I guess we need to come to a presentation like this with a fully-armed defense system.

Original review: May 28, 2019

This is lengthy but worth the read. I bought the timeshare 2016. They gave myself and my husband certificates for free vacations. When we tried to use them it was actually impossible to use. We tried 10-15 locations. Each and every time they said it was not available. We tried on 4 different occasions. The next year we tried again and eventually found an opening in Myrtle Beach (not our preferred location by a long shot). We got to our room with was "ok". They preceded to call, knock on our door to ask us to come for a presentation. We (I said no multiple times), but they were relentless, saying it was only for update info on our timeshare. We were there for 7 hours! They were relentless. They eventually used the tactic that if we go to the next level we would be able to get our preferred locations easier, blah blah. So we caved... I thought I would book a year out to get our preferred areas. Guess what, NONE WERE AVAILABLE!

Then in Jan 2018, we found out my husband had stage 3 rectal cancer, it was bad. He was going to have to miss a lot of work and the convalescence leave. We weren't sure if he was not to make, seriously. His chances of not surviving were not good. We started reducing our expenditures and cancelling subscriptions and everything because he was the breadwinner. We called Wyndham for help us in selling our timeshare. That ended up being a waste of time. We asked them how we could get out of the timeshare because of my husband's health (we seriously did not know if he was going to live). Here is what they said, "You can go into foreclosure". That is all the help we got. $40k we had paid and 1 vacation to a location we didn't really want. DO NOT USE WYNDHAM company. Go use VRBO or something like that.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Thank you for the reviews. We were sitting through the lengthy presentation and I began reading these reviews. They quickly made my mind up. After saying no, they started whole different methods. I caught the last guy lying to me and confronted him but he denied it. I will not purchase anything from a company that has employees who are dishonest with me. I will not purchase this.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I bought the timeshare 2017. They gave myself and my wife certificates for free vacations. When we tried to use them it was actually impossible to use. We tried 10-15 locations. Each and every time they said it was not available. We tried on 4 different occasions, not available so we did what they wanted and gave up.

It was told to us that if you we did not use the points it would rollover to the following year. They forgot to tell up we had to call to let them know that we were rolling our points over. So we did book a vacation that cost over 200,000 points, and then we found out we just lost over 200,000 points just 4-1-2019. When we bought the timeshare has silver plus we can book our vacation 13 months before so we get the top picks. When we tried to do so we were told it’s not 13 months it’s really 10 months, so things happen and life goes on. Wyndham isn’t telling the truth when it comes to selling people timeshare. Take it from me. Don’t buy timeshare from Wyndham. You are going to regret it.

Original review: May 22, 2019

We have been Wyndham owners for nearly 17 years. Booking vacation weeks, although a somewhat complicated process, has been acceptable. What has prompted this review is Wyndham‘s Travel department. When buying our timeshare, we were told how we could use points for cruises, hotels, airfare and rental cars. In reality, none of these options are close to being cost effective.

Cruises are double the price you can get from any of the shiplines. I was quoted 900,000 points for round trip tickets to Hawaii. I tried to use points for a hotel stay and was hit with a 2- day minimum stay requiring a minimum of 60 days in advance, a booking fee of $59 and a substantial number of points, all for a hotel room that was $110 a night online. The final straw was selecting a trademark by Wyndham property and being told those properties are not available to us, only “core” Wyndham properties like Days Inn, Ramada, Wingate and other budget hotels. I would have rather they not even mention this travel department when we were purchasing the timeshare. It appears that pushing new select resorts and hotels for additional fees is the goal. Existing customers must buy more points to benefit.

Original review: May 21, 2019

We purchased a Wyndham Club membership a year ago. We were promised as, "Part of the Wyndham family this will be the best, most optimal, and easiest way to have a vacation.” The entire process of joining was similar to a fraternity initiation. They swoop down on you, compliment everything you are wearing and saying, and try to become your best friends. They do everything besides telling you the actual truth that planning a vacation is comparable of spending the time to do a dissertation, frustrating and infuriating of no accurate information, and costing you “The VIP customer" an excessive amount of money all to experience an infinite and infuriation of receiving lack or wrong information.

We have been quoted inaccurate quotes of money for any transfer fees to stay at a nice hotel rather than a resort because there is no resort within the area we want to vacation. Instead they offer you a very basic economy hotel which is a complete insult after all the money you spent every month. You call numerous departments that each quote you different information. Then you find out there are all these costs which were never mentioned after you book the vacation, (such as parking at a resort), which Wyndham makes no accommodations for. Remember we were told as “VIP” members this will be a wonderful experience for us. We are so sorry that we joined Wyndham. We have and continue to work so hard and completely relish planning and taking a vacation.

Now with Wyndham, this has become an excessively infuriating, endless time spent calling all these departments, getting different quotes and information. When we did arrive at the last resort the room was dirty and no shower curtain. Again, pounced on when we finally arrived at the resort after waiting 2 hours for the shuttle in the heat. Everyday we were told we had to attend to come to meeting which was an attempt to sell you more points. This whole vacation process with Wyndham ownership has turned into a nightmare. Our advice, stick with Expedia and enjoy the full vacation process without an undue amount of money, infuriation, and a sickening feeling you have been taken advantage of.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Wyndham has taken over $30,000 of our money for nothing. The salespeople lie and they coerce you into purchasing more points when you know that you don't need it. They convince you that this is the best deal ever. The pressure and intimidation is unimaginable and we would suggest never to attend a meeting. From Vegas to Louisiana to Texas they have all lied to us about the program and what we had and where we should be. All of the promises are false and the programs are grossly misrepresented.

They told us to move our deed to Club Access and then back again. Each time taking us for 10-20-30 thousand dollars. Each upgrade made no difference in or ownership but debt. We want our timeshare canceled and they keep denying our request. They are defending the employees that work for them. This is an unethical company and they rob hard working people. They took advantage of our age and our trusting nature. Do not attend a Wyndham timeshare presentation.

Original review: May 18, 2019

We were promised a nice resort weekend and across from the Alamo in San Antonio. We got a cheap hotel that they were doing construction on the first floor so we could walk through a dusty, construction covered floor to get to our room. It was not across from the Alamo. When I called to complain I was told it was my fault and I was hung up on by Wyndham Resort Customer service in San Antonio. A complete joke. I called back and I was told 3 times someone would call me back and nobody ever did. All I was told was if I didn’t show up they would charge me full price for a dirty hotel. When we showed up for the presentation we were lied to and even after telling them we wanted nothing to do with this company they had the guts to ask me which package I wanted to buy. A complete waste of time and I would never do business with Wyndham.

Original review: May 15, 2019

They lure you in by offering free things for 1 hr or your time. 5 hours later you leave exhausted and having signed for something that you do not fully understand because you were pressured into doing so. Their customer service is very poor as you are given "personal" numbers yet they will never answer of return any calls. Do NOT make the same mistake we did! They are not selling a great opportunity for your family. They are conning you into a burden that you can not get rid of.

Original review: May 10, 2019

We received a phone call just like the other reviews and was promised a trip to the Wyndham resorts and got a 2 star hotel! Customer service refused to accommodate us and instead wanted to charge us $150 for wanting to cancel the trip. This is a bait and switch situation. Please be aware!

Original review: May 8, 2019

Last year I received a call from Wyndham sales team a call. As a diamond member I was told I can get a vacation 3 nights package at ANY of their Vacation resorts in the USA, plus a resort credit after attending 1.5h meeting/presentation about their resorts. I did not want to buy it but the sales person was very convincing. She promised I can use the package against ANY of their vacation resorts in the USA including Wyndham Clear Water Vacation resort and she said this couple of times to me. Not the Grand hotel but actual vacation resort. And I bought it.. huge mistake.

Earlier this year finally I managed to get some time off and I sent a request with dates etc. No response. Then I called to book the Wyndham Clear Water Vacation resort and I was told that this resort is NOT part of my package. And that my package is for Daytona Beach... I don't (didn't even know where this was!!!). But I can pay a premium and book the Wyndham CW resort. Then something disconnected me. I called again, next person told me this is a premium resort and even if I want to stay I can't even with a premium. But I can stay at the Grand hotel Not premium mentioned to me before. I needed more time and circumstances changed. So Today I called again, I decided to go for San Fran Donatello hotel. I was told the hotel is fully booked and I can't have it. I asked if I can check on the web hotel availability before calling to save myself a time. And I was told they have different system and I can't check availability online I need to call. Mess, mess terrible.

Each time I checked flights, when I found good flight and somehow reasonably looking resort they had no availability.. I travel a lot and this is by far the worst experience I have ever had. Now not only I will not use ever again their vacation resorts and I dare anyone to do that, but I will also stay away from any kind of hotels from their group. In December I stayed in Costa Mesa, CA.. dirty, smelly, terrible customer service. Think twice before booking any of their hotels or resorts.

Original review: May 8, 2019

We are booked at this resort next week and I just learned they have no internet connections in the units. You must be kidding. We haven't stayed at a timeshare in over a decade that didn't have internet. This will certainly cause a lot of inconvenience for us. We are NOT HAPPY. Time to upgrade your services.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Zero stars really!!! This company is the worst I have seen. We were at the timeshare presentation for 6 hours. That's actually illegal and after 90 minutes is coercion. They promised us a trip to Greece with full benefits (airfare, rental car, rooms, etc.) With the 400,000 points they gave us. It cost us $4,000 for those points, but we figured that was fine because this would be our honeymoon and how much we would spend anyway. When we tried to book I learned it was only US places you could book and it was only the room. Based on the chart I will have spent $4,000 on rooms I could have booked for under $1,000. They also are smart and make you take out a PayPal credit card so you can't dispute when you come to your senses. PayPal pays them immediately so now you just owe PayPal and can't fight it. Completely screwed. Stay away from this scam. They have great salespeople, but don't fall for it.

Original review: May 1, 2019

We were invited over to Wyndham presentation at festival. The guy promised us a 2 night stay no blackout dates at any Wyndham resort for $100 if we listened to timeshare presentation. He said only two locations were off limits and if we wanted to book it at one of those we would only be able to stay one night not two. He said presentation was 90 min and no pressure or commitment. We were at resort for 4 hrs. They were nice until I asked educated and informed questions. They were very invasive when I inquired about maintenance fees and other downsides to timeshare.

When we would not buy their $100k timeshare or vacation club they started getting rude. They brought several managers that that were equally rude. When they gave us the gift they promised we found out it was rewards not nights as promised. They told us they were equivalent to 2 nights. We went online and all they have to choose from are cheap hotels like Motel 8. Which is ironic because the guy promised we would stay at a Wyndham resort and they talked bad about the same hotels that are now the only a accommodations being offered to us. They also told us we could use their facility for the day. We were harassed by security when sitting by the pool and told it was for owners and guests only. We had to find someone and were treated like trespassers. Save yourself the headache and time. They are another typical high pressure timeshare company with same lies and scams!

Original review: April 24, 2019

This is really not worth your time and more importantly your money. You try and make a booking nothing available and when you ask for later days they tell you to call later on as the dates are not out yet and when you do call later they have no space available! Because they have very limited spots available for Discovery members. They promise a lot of things that they can not deliver!!!

Original review: April 21, 2019

My husband and I went to listen to the sales pitch. After the spiel, my husband decided to fill out the paperwork because they wouldn't tell us how much until we did. When they came back with the price, my husband said we needed time to discuss it and said we would come back the next day. That was unacceptable to them. They wanted us to sign now. They made it sound like we couldn't get the same deal unless we signed right then. So my husband said he wasn't feeling well and maybe needed to go to the ER. They still pushed it until I got mad. Then one man followed us into the elevator to keep trying! I gave them 1 star only because you have to put in something... Should be able to just put a sad face.

Original review: April 19, 2019

If you want to enjoy your vacation stay away from Wyndham hotels and resorts. They ruined our yearly vacation and the worst was when we reach out to them with our concerns they said they have nothing to do with the hotels and we have to communicate directly with the hotels. I have the phone records that I will submit to listen to the horrible response!!! We submitted a complaint with the BBB and we advice everyone has an issue with them to do the same so they can work on the horrible customer services they have. If I would say this company it’s a big SCAM but unfortunately there are other good hotels under their name but most of them is just scam.

When we reserved our vacation we liked the photos and info were provided on the website but when we went to the hotel it was nothing compared to the website the rooms furniture were broken, bedbugs, smell of molds, dirty and very old and outdated pools. Disgusting! We took photos and submitted to BBB and they contacted Wyndham since it’s the mother company and their response was we need to deal directly with the hotel!!! Wyndham is just a Big scam, unprofessional and waste of time and money. We lost a lot in addition to the stressful time we spent and ruined our vacation that’s why I’m writing this review to help others not to go through what we went through as family.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have been an owner with Wyndham for 17 years. During that time they have been a pretty good company. The customer service was good and when we had any problems they were quickly rectified. That is not the case anymore. Now they only want your money and once they have it they don't care about you at all. I recently had over a million points taken out of my account without my authorization. I spent two and a half hours on the phone with a customer care representative named Steve. He researched everything and acknowledged that the points should not have been taken out of my account, but he didn't know where they all went. He assured me that points just don't disappear into thin air and they would research it further and get to the bottom of it, and call me back. They never called back.

My husband called them and went through everything with a new person who said they would look into it. Nothing has been done. Between my husband and I we have made over ten phone calls and no one is doing anything. After the 4th phone call they said that a case had not even been opened on it. Every phone call is hours of our time as we have to go through the whole thing with a new person. Meanwhile I am paying maintenance fees on points that I can't use, because they were stolen from me, and paying for hotel rooms since I can't use my points.

Original review: April 16, 2019

After being chased by Wyndham "Offers and deal" people I decided to give them some time to listen the offer. Have to say sales rep was speaking thousands of words per second and painting ALL the nice stuff I could get by buying the offer. So, I finally said yes. After I got the confirmation email I booked my vacation. I wanted to make sure I understood everything she said and I got all the info ahead of time. So I went back again and review the 4 pages. When I got to "Terms and conditions" I read the requirements which I didn't know since she NEVER explains those. So I spend over 1 hour with a sales rep (John) to explain me again and as usual he transferred me to another Customer service rep (Omar). He said that I did have those requirements. (End of call.) After 10 mins Omar calls me again to tell me that the info he gave me was incorrect so they will cancel my offer and refund me which I didn't want.

So they Never said it was a timeshare kind of deal, Never said the requirements, told me incorrect information and decided to just not give me anything. This is so disappointed. They kept saying they want to go above and beyond for their customers... but all that it's BS. That's just a catch. After staying with Wyndham hotels for more than 8 years that is how they treat their customers??? I'm not giving them any penny again!!!! Never staying again with them.

Original review: April 8, 2019

HORRIBLE! The Wyndham brand of hotels are a nice hotel chain. However, please stay AWAY from this particular location, Baymont Indianapolis East 2311 N. Shadeland Ave, Indianapolis In. This location has the rudest desk staff I have ever seen. ** works the front desk and has the nastiest attitude and is rude and unfriendly, she totally screwed up my reservation from day one. ** is the general manager, she puts on a smiley face but is also rude, I witnessed her yelling at a man in the breakfast area. I do not know what the relationship was between her and this man but she was very loud, rude and disrespectful to him. **, who also works the front desk is of absolutely NO help at all in resolving issues with the hotel and none of them will give the name and contact info of the

owner so that you can air a complaint. They wouldn't even give me the number to Wyndham Customer Care, I had to google it.

The so called "hot" breakfast they serve on the weekend is absolutely horrible! You would be better off just walking across the yard to Bob Evans. The hotel has a LOT of unfinished "renovation" cosmetic flaws, which make the ENTIRE hotel and rooms look a MESS. The ice machine on the 4th floor did not work. I should have checked the reviews online for this location before I booked it because I would have seen all the bad reviews they have and booked somewhere else.

Also please be aware that even tho the sign on the room door says check out time is 12:00 NOON (I'm sure by now they have probably changed it after my dispute with them)! It is actually 11:00 am and they will charge you $50 if you stay past checkout time!! And they DO NOT CARE if the sign was misleading! This staff is completely unforgiving, uncaring, unfriendly and RUDE. They will do ANYTHING to charge you extra money! Read the online reviews! Do yourself a favor and stay SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Every time I use my timeshare to go on vacation, I am intensely pressured to upgrade my contract. The salespeople that work for Wyndham are extremely pushy and rude. They refuse to take no for an answer and will not allow me to leave the “Owner Update Meetings” until I give them more money and upgrade my contract with Wyndham. These meetings are quickly turned into sales pitches and never update me on anything. I have become so frustrated with Wyndham and their salespeople that I do not want to use my timeshare to go on vacation anymore.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Every time we try to have a nice, relaxing vacation, Wyndham ruins it. Multiple salespeople are constantly calling the phone in our in our room at all hours of the day and night. They lie and tell us they want to update us on the new changes that Wyndham has made, but this "UPDATE" quickly turns it into a sales presentation. We have tried to ignore the phone calls, but they never stop. The salespeople never get tired of calling your room. Once they finally get you on the phone, they won't leave you alone until you agree to go to one of their "OWNER UPDATE MEETING". We don't even look forward to going on vacation with Wyndham because their employees are so obnoxious and annoying.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I made a reservation at Wyndham Seawatch Plantation in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for the weekend of March 22 to 24. I have stayed there before several times and thoroughly enjoyed it. My friend and I were meeting in Myrtle Beach and we chose Seawatch Plantation because they have two indoor pools and it was near activities that we had planned for the weekend. On Friday, March 22, at approximately 12 PM, four hours before we were to check in, I received an email stating that I needed to call Wyndham. I called them and they told me that my reservation had been canceled due to "unforeseen circumstances."

I was actually driving to Myrtle Beach as it is about a 3 Hour Drive for me and a 5 Hour drive for my friend. We were both on the road and were told that I had no place to stay. I told them this was not acceptable and They stated that they could put me at their “Towers on the Grove” property in North Myrtle Beach. I initially made the reservation at Seawatch because they have indoor pools and tennis courts were nearby. I told them Towers on the Grove was not comparable because there was no indoor pool and not in the location I wanted. They then said I could look on the internet to find accommodations.

They refunded my money but offered nothing else, basically saying they were sorry but could do nothing to help me. So, I was in Myrtle Beach with nowhere to stay and many of the nicer resorts that offered the accommodations I wanted were full. I found somewhere else that evening but this was extremely stressful, especially after a long work week. The customer service was horrible, to say the least. They don’t care about their guests, and cancelling a reservation on the day of check in is totally unacceptable.

Original review: March 25, 2019

My husband & I went to timeshare meeting while on our anniversary trip. We bought into Wyndham 2-year Discovery Timeshare ‘200,000’ points in 3/2017. We made a couple of reservations. We stayed at one place in Sept 2018. The other reservation was for Dec 2018, which I had to cancel due to surgery. I called to cancel and was told it was cancelled, & I called closer to the planned date to confirm & was told it was cancelled! I recently tried to make another reservation before the two years membership expired only to be told I had just 3,000 points left! I asked WHY? They said I didn’t cancel the Dec 2018 reservation & had forfeited the points - over 100,000 points. I was in disbelief!

The customer rep was not very pleasant so I requested to speak with a higher up & was told the matter was already reviewed & no reason to transfer me to a supervisor! She said there was nothing they could do I would not get back the points. Their tactics scream cheaters, underhanded, & just plain unscrupulous. I’m glad We did not buy into the long term timeshare ownership, we only had the discovery trial package. If they do this to us I can’t imagine what happens to those with the ownership timeshare that they can’t easily get out of! Never again, don’t want any of those ‘timeshare’ offerings. We lost/wasted almost $3,000. Be wary of them!! We’ll plan & pay for our trips the old fashion way!!

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information