1.11/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

693 Wyndham Vacation Resorts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Let me start off with how my husband and I came across Wyndham timeshare etc. We were in Vegas for a couple of days so as we walked around and were suddenly approached by a "motivated" yappy, con-man from Wyndham Resorts. Yes, I know what you're thinking now, we should have seen all the RED FLAGS as soon as we set eyes on this guy's pathetic persistence to get us to see a presentation at Wyndham. We should have known that anyone who entices you to make a deal on the spot is a fraud. They are the fast talkers, the manipulators, and the conmen who have no soul. The ones who are strikingly similar to a chameleon.

I am writing this review to warn honest, hard-working people out there so you can be informed about what type of scams are promoted in our country and are under the guise of an "investment". One thing is clear, this offer that Wyndham presents is not an investment; it does not gain any value whatsoever, but they will LIE to your face and say that it does gain value. Please do not fall victim to this type of scam unless you are willing to pay maintenance fees every month in addition to the high costs of the timeshare "ownership".

WARNING: You do not own anything that has any value because you cannot sell it back to the resort, even if you pay off the entire purchase price and are in good standing with the company! Wyndham is a FRAUD and should be sued for misleading people. Clearly, this is not an investment that will give you an ROI back! NOTE: If I could sue this company, I would in a heartbeat. In fact, if there are any reputable lawyers out there who are willing to take on the case, then please let me know.

Wyndham needs to take accountability for their actions, and all those who paid their "ownership" in full should be able to redeem their money back, especially when you are LIED to. So, YES, I refer to this company (there are more out there) as a SCAM. The representatives LIE and are highly unethical. They are full of crap and should be sued for misrepresentation of their company's offers and how they scam people into bottomless contracts. We paid a lot of money for this CRAP, and now they won't even let us get our hard-earned money back, let alone even a portion of it! We don't even use the timeshare because they never have any availability when and if we do even travel. How ** if you ask me. This is criminal. Any American citizen should have the right to get their money back from wrongful sellers who lie to make a profit.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Very bad. I was lied to and they were fraudulent and deceptive. I was in their grip for 4 plus hours before I caved in. I filed a complaint with the FTC and they told me they needed more complaints filed before they get involved. So if you haven't filed a FTC complaint do it NOW! Online or by phone 1-877-382-4357.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Beware Folks. Offered an over the phone 2-day cruise to the Bahamas for the cost on our part of paying port fees (approx $150.00) AND attending a presentation from Wyndham Resort which would only take up our time of 2 hours so they say. We drove from Ohio to Orlando Florida as the Cruise was out of West Palm Beach. We arrived at the appointed time for the Wyndham presentation and escorted from there to a building by a member of the Wyndham sales staff who kept a continuous smile on his face and had lots of small talk to win us over. The first building we sat in a room with other couples and shown video's of Wyndham Vacation Resorts plus all while a Sales Manager talked through most of the video of his life. Once that part was over our smiling sales rep had placed on the table a few papers and asked us to fill out the financial statement.

Being point blank my husband said "We're just not interested" but the smiling sales rep insisted we fill out the papers. Repeating again we're not going to buy anything but want our papers necessary to take the cruise as promised us. Our smiling rep again tapped on the papers with his pen saying, "Fill out these papers and we can show you some of the facilities." Again my husband said "We're not interested and not going to buy anything". This seemed at this point as a power play as the rep continued his tap tap tap on the papers set in front of us saying we must fill them out in order to move on to get our cruise. We filled out the papers under pressure then our smiling. We got back in his car and he drove us to yet another small building where we followed him inside to a small room with a table and chairs.

He left for a few minutes but returned with his bigger than Dallas smile and put a few papers on the table then started talking about the resort and how we can get all our kids together for holidays or anytime. Seemed at this point he was now using our small talk to draw us in but we continued to say "NO we're just not interested." He stuck with his smile and continued his pitch but we did too. He left the room and in came another sales rep with his big smile. He continued where the first rep left off. Pointing out we need this. We still said no no no. He continued with his Wyndham sales spiel. We said we were promised our papers necessary for a cruise and we concluded we are done.

We thought we won this battle as after a bit he said, "You can go." We were about to get up to seek out our first sales rep who drove us when all the sudden our first rep came back in the room as the other rep was walking out. We told our rep he said we could go but not so fast. We were then told we could of course go but wouldn't get our prize of the cruise as we haven't completed. OH MAN! We had been high pressured over 2 hours now and really getting tired at this point. We sat back down with our smiling sales rep while he was going over all the DEALS and how affordable it would be to us. We SAID "NO". We SAID "WE'RE NOT INTERESTED".

He continued looking at our faces while reciting the REWARD points we would get. These guys were a tag team as our rep got up after informing us this deal was so good and wouldn't be offered to us again at these prices plus reward points. We just looked at him and shook our heads while saying "WE'RE NOT INTERESTED". Our smiling rep was so pushy we were getting exhausted listening to the exact same spiel. Our rep left the room smiling as within a few minutes a different rep walked in going over all the same thing. This was pretty intense and getting on the last nerve we had left. We continued with our NO NO NO.

What a hassle. You would think they would give up but oh no. This sales rep must of been the closer and he really didn't wear a smile but seem as irritated with us as we were with this whole arrangement. FINALLY, this rep left and our rep walked back in holding a piece of paper that said COMPLETED. Yippee yeah Skippy we passed. Our smiling rep said he would drive us back to our car. Now we had the smiles. I hope most of what I wrote here made sense and you heed our experience. This was high pressure sales. Once we were on the ship we learned others had the EXACT same experience as we did.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

We fell for the sales pressure from the “sales” people. We are not stupid, we are not going to ruin our credit score over the timeshare. We plan on paying it off, possibly using it during that time, then look into finding a way to give it back to them. Unfortunately, I became disabled several years ago and have a difficult time traveling great distances by car, by bus, by train or by plane. The nuts at Wyndham continue to try to get us to purchase more points despite my physical limitations (yes, they know...they have asked me every time they call asking how my back is feeling just before they try to get us to purchase more points). If you have the opportunity to purchase Wyndham points or if a relative offers you the chance to take over their timeshare...RUN AWAY FAST, do not walk. Wyndham stinks. I tried leaving zero stars...it’s not an option.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

First of all the meeting was not 90 minutes. Which is what we agreed to. We ended up being there over 3 hours long. Then when we finally said no, they would not take no for an answer. When I said that I just didn’t have the money right now to purchase, the guy literally replied with, “but you do.” Who does he think he is that he knows my finances better than I do? Then when he finally took no for an answer, you could tell he was pissed off. He literally asked me “if you didn’t plan on buying, why did you even come?” It’s an information session. I was curious to know what it was about. Then they sent someone else over. I had to tell at least 4 people no. They won’t take no for an answer. I almost felt like I had to escape.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Never again will we do ANY kind of business with Wyndham. Some years ago we took over the ownership of my in-laws timeshare, Shawnee on the Delaware, PA. We never went there during our time... always swapped out for other destinations. Decided since nearing retirement we didn't need it, so decided to give the week back vs. try to sell it (resale's very difficult). Plus, fees were rising quite a bit each year. Turns out Shawnee placed us for collection even though the bill had been paid (must have crossed in the mail), and we were NEVER notified. Did not know about it until calling to work through the transaction. This started in mid-July, and did not end until mid-October.

Trying to work this out was an absolute nightmare... sitting on hold literally for hours and cut off multiple times trying to talk to people; given numbers to call that were circular (call the number, get a recording to call the same number); systems without any records of our account; having to pay a collection agency over $300 to clear the account because Wyndham would not help or talk to us until that was cleared; Wyndham slow-walking the paperwork, taking weeks to finally complete the transaction. In summary, this was about the worst customer service experience I have faced, and will never again, do anything with the Wyndham brand.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I am a Silver Level Owner and purchased many years ago. Biggest mistake we have ever made. 'Cause for just maintenance fees is far more than we would have to spend for the same vacation. Availability is very limited, hard to get in areas you actually want to go to. The final straw for me is they are still pushing for us to go into a devastated area from Hurricane Michael just two weeks after the storm. That is insane!! It tells you the mindset of the company, money before people or safety. We will be exploring getting rid of anything we have with Wyndham. No longer a value or worthwhile.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

When my husband and I visited New York back in May, we stay at one of the Wyndham Chain “The Henri Hotel”. We enjoyed our stay as well as the hotel was close to our 91 year old aunt. We were accommodated with a few nights free at The Henri with the understanding that we would attend an in-service on Wyndham close by. We were also informed that we would not be pressured into purchasing. Well! Our experience was quite different, towards the end of the in-service we sat with a young man , who explained the program then we noticed that a young lady came by every five to ten minutes to say “David” said it’s time. We knew then that the pressure was on.

We explained to the young man that we were not in a situation to purchase at this time. Then came David, offering us every deal in the book trying to pressure us to purchase. When we refused to give in and told him we already owned a time share, He hit the table very hard with his hand, said some not so kind words and abruptly walk away.

Then came another lady with another deal, we thought this deal would be more reasonable and we would be able to squeeze the payments for two years. My husband and I expressed the rudeness of David who hit the table trying to intimidate us into purchasing and we also told her about our 91 year old aunt that lives in Manhattan and we had no funds at this time to purchase. The Lady went on to explain the new deal that would allow us to come back and forth to Manhattan at The Henri (to visit our aunt) and also have the opportunity to visit other Wyndham properties in different states.

My husband and I left on a good note and was over joyed that we would have a place to stay at “The Henri” that was safe and walking distance to my aunt.

Well! I tried booking at The Henri on August 16th, 2018 and to my surprise I was told it would be $258.00 per night. I was in shock. Then I asked to see if they had other Wyndham properties in Manhattan that I could stay and I was informed that the closest one was in Jersey. My husband and I are totally at a loss, as we need to visit our ailing aunt. At this point we believed that we were not given the correct information but lead to believe that we could stay in Manhattan at The Henri with this purchase and this is false information. We strongly believe that we were taken advantage of and this should not happen to anyone especially the elderly.

We are totally disappointed. Tried contacting Wyndham and the response was that we signed a contract. With that said we stopped payments requesting a dispute they we were referred to a collection agency. They also started ringing our cell phone every day requesting payment. We would like the contract to be voided and any funds paid to date to Wyndham be returned.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM WYNDHAM! I had a weak moment and purchased a 3 night hotel package from Wyndham through a telephone marketer. When I purchased the package they stated no blackout dates. But when trying to use the package they never had the dates I wanted to travel available-- even months in advance! Now the one year has expired and they won't honor my purchase! Yup I'm out $200. Should have just burned it. They won't let you speak to a supervisor or offer any type of resolve. They are crooks!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

My husband and I learned about the opportunity to get 4 days at Lake Tahoe. The guy at the booth was pretty vague on the requirements and made it seem like they were just trying to get the word out about the newly built Wyndham in Oceanside, CA and as a gift we’d get the free stays. **. We get there and it was totally a timeshare presentation. The first hour was fine. We learned about their program and it seemed cool. They assured it would be a simple yes or no at the end of the presentation.

The second hour began to draaaggg as the representative was trying sell us and get to know us. Everything led to a tangent. She then introduced us to another representative who will later appear to discuss finances. After hour 2.5 we were over it. The rep had yet to talk any numbers, specifics and fine print. We politely stated that we were ready for the bottom line details. She went over some “Today” and “Anytime” numbers and logistics. Upon hearing, we immediately informed her that we do not make impulse purchases and would need time to discuss it and research as a family. We also informed her that although we’d miss out on the “Today” incentives we’d be happy to learn more about the "Anytime” since that would be our “only” option.

Then enters the rep from earlier and they both tag team us. For the next 1.5 hours they were trying to convince us to buy “Today”. We repeatedly let them know that we do not make impulse purchases and would not be buying. This was far from a simple yes or no that was promised in the beginning. My husband let them know that we have other financial goals. The rep at one point pointed to the 15K offer and stated “You lose that at the poker table”. His attempt to be funny fell upon deaf ears so he switched it up and said “No I lost that once at the poker table lol”. Uhhh okay we’re definitely not taking financial advice from you, sir.

Even through all the high pressure aggressive sales tactics we were still considering it. My husband being the smart man that he is always reads the fine print before committing to anything. Things got super fishy when he asked to see and read the contract. The rep said “We’re not there yet”. Long story short, unless oh agree to buy we’re not showing you anything. Hmmm... Then we asked for them to pull up their website and show us how to book and to see how far our points really get us. For the example for them to use, I asked about one country in specific that we visit yearly. Guess what? No resorts!!! They tried to push other resorts in nearby countries. Negative.

We’re now have been there for over 3.5 hours. We said firmly, "No thank and we’re not buying." They finally gave up... or so it seemed. They escorted us to another sales person who was supposed to check us out and give us our “reward”. Lies!!! She was the last most aggressive sales rep. She was trying to push a “trial” rate at 3,400. Again, my husband turned her down. She then turned to me twice and asked me if I wanted him to buy it? I let her know that my husband said no and that was it. Very tacky to try to make me contradict my husband by the way.

At that point we were beyond over it and just wanted to go home!! They gave us our “reward” which isn’t even through Wyndham. It’s through another company called “First Priority Travel”. As soon as I got in the car, I read the fine print and realized it was going to be impossible to actually redeem the “reward”. I googled the company reviews and they were 100% negative on the BBB website. Please save your time. We regret every second of our day. We got suckered like some suckers. The best thing that came out of it is that we stuck to our guns and did not make an impulsive buy!!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I regret the day my husband and I ever accepted to go to a timeshare meeting at Wyndham. The person who signed us up promised no high pressure sales tactics and it was a bunch of bologna. Get there early, they start late. The breakfast of eggs and toast were served cold. They kept us there for FOUR (4) hours, not the 1-2 hours we were promised. And there were 5 people who took turns talking to us, each one getting meaner and more bullying. One of them had the nerve to accuse my husband of not caring about me enough by not wanting to spoil me by buying a timeshare. They wouldn't take NO for an answer as many times as we told them we don't have the money. They were so rude and we both left the building feeling verbally assaulted. It was so unprofessional. Then for weeks afterward I get all these random credit card offers for both of us because they gave out our information to third parties. JUST AN AWFUL EXPERIENCE!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Like others we went to a Wyndham sales presentation. Just to shut them up we signed up for 10,000 points. When we got home we searched timeshare resellers online and bought the same points for one third the cost. We then exercised our "cooling off period" and cancelled the initial purchase. We've had them now for about 12 years and have had some great holidays. They have a "privileges" program for new purchasers, which we hate. Their "owner's update meetings" are just an excuse to sell us more points, and we steadfastly refuse to go to them, regardless of the "free gift". Overall we're happy we bought in, but NEVER buy new points. Exactly the same product is available on the second-hand market for peanuts.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I filed all my complaints against Wyndham and sent them the OPT out letter. STOPPED ALL PAYMENTS. There is an Attorney that I am waiting for him and his law firm to get back to me whether he will take my case (9/27/2018). I have been emailing them info!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

We requested a Branson MO vacation brochure online. Within half an hour we received a phone call offering us 2 nights at a reduced rate and 4 free show tickets if we agreed to attend a two hour presentation by Wyndham. Since we had never done anything like this before we thought we would give it a try. After all, how bad could it be? Well, we were about to find out.

We attended the presentation on 9/18/18. The first 90 minutes were fine. Our representative was personable and initially engaged us in lots of small talk about family, hobbies, previous vacations, etc. (More about that later). We told him up front that we had no intention of purchasing. He said it didn't matter, he gets paid anyway and asked us to keep an open mind. We attended a group presentation where they explained the points system, banking the points, borrowing from future points, how points could be used for cruises and airfare, how Wyndham could "make memories" for our family, how our purchase would be a family legacy, and so on. The presenter stated he and his staff are passionate about their work and that their passion should not be mistaken for pressure. Hmmmm...

Our representative took us to visit the property in Branson, which was actually very nice. That's when the pressure (passion?) increased. "How wonderful would it be to experience your 2-year old grandson in the kiddie pool come over to give you a hug?" "How great would it be to have all of your kids and grandkids together in a lovely resort creating memories?" (Refer to previously mentioned small talk.)

We returned to the resort center where our representative really got down to business. Over the next half hour or so, the pressure to become an owner and sign up for the credit card increased exponentially. We repeatedly stated this product was not for us. When it finally became clear to him that we did not intend to purchase his responses included "I don't understand why you would not take advantage of this opportunity to make memories for your family" and "where did I lose you?"

What? You want us to tell you how to make the sale? Next it was his manager's turn to amp up the pressure using more of the same tactics. When my husband told him we didn't need Wyndham to make memories he shot back "yes you do!" No sale, so we were referred to a third rep for yet another offer. By this time we were extremely irritated and unwilling to consider purchasing anything Wyndham. They didn't exactly hold us hostage, but it almost felt that way. We vowed to never again put ourselves in this horrible, very high pressure situation. Our advice? If you go, be prepared.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I wanted a vacay in Charleston SC in early September. Not available. Settle on Myrtle beach at the end of Sept. (It took an hour to find something). Hurricane hit Myrtle Beach and I still have a vacay! No refund. Have yet to have a good vacay with Wyndham.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

In September of 2017 I stayed a Wyndham Resort as a guest for a week. During my stay, I was invited to attend a presentation regarding a timeshare in exchange for a complimentary week at another resort. I attended the presentation and received my certificate and subsequently booked the week at the Hollywood Beach Tower in Hollywood, Fla. The first night in this resort I was accosted by bedbugs. I took one to the front desk and was offered a different room in the same resort. I logged into Google and saw another review from 3 days prior with the same complaint of bedbugs.

I was not interested in another night in this resort. I called RVC and was offered another room at a resort that was nowhere nearby and was further from my planned excursions. I have spoken to numerous individuals at Wyndham in Oceanside, RVC etc in addition to being transferred multiple times and sitting on hold to the tune of multiple hours. They are no help WHATSOEVER!!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

My wife and I signed up for a 3 day getaway to one many choice destinations. Living in the NYC area decided to take the train in the city for out 3 day mini-vacay. My wife informed me that we had to take a "90 minute" tour of the resorts timeshare offer and we would get a whopping $75 Visa card as a gift. I have been down this road before and know what these sharks are like. I know many people who regret ever buying into these programs as it is a vacuum that keeps sucking money out of your pocket year after year.

After about 3 hours in, we were getting quite agitated with the whole process but these "sharks" kept tag teaming us to the point of giving us the moon. Bonus weeks, 250,000 more points, free this, free that. They got us to the point that we "thought" how it really makes sense to buy in to their vacation program. Well 6 hours and $17,000 later, we walked out "proud new owners" of the "Wyndham Vacation Family". I really was convinced that their program was different. Well that night, I woke up at 3 am and thought "what the hell did we just do"!! I went on the internet and found what we just paid $17,000, you couldn't get more than a couple hundred dollars for. Then I found this site and saw all the reviews. With a half a dozen 2-5 stars and over 100 1 stars, that was enough for me.

So we enjoyed the rest of our time in NYC, got home and immediately followed the instructions to cancel the agreement. I followed the tracking and cancellation packed was in their possession in the prescribed amount of time. Thank god I said. I then told my wife, I don't care if they are giving a car as a gift. "No more timeshare tours". I realize that these thing work for some but not for most. If you truly want to be timeshare owners, buy on the secondary market and save yourself tens of thousands of dollars. Good luck to all.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

We booked a celebration weekend work trip to Gatlinburg TN to stay Wyndham Vacation Rentals Baskins Creek resort. We booked 12 rooms for twelve couples months ago. As luck would have it a hurricane is now hitting our hometown Charlotte NC. Now we have two couples that have decided to stay home due to having small children (understandable) and other want to leave early so they can be sure they don’t get stuck here due to flash flooding expected in Charlotte. What does Baskins Creek say??? TOO BAD. You’re just out the money. I would be more understanding if there wasn’t a hurricane coming. What upset me the most is they are fully booked due to a car show in town and could easily just rent the rooms to someone else. This is an example of very poor customer service. I have stayed here many times before and will never again.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Presentation was 5/6 hours to wear me down. I tried to OPT out and get refund. They lied! I filed complaints FTC, U.S. Attorney General FBI, BBB and others. I will fight them all they it's just a matter of time. I can find any Attorneys doing Class Action as I refuse at this time to pay someone to do it for me.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I have been an ‘Owner’ for a good number of years and have been to numerous ‘short presentations or UPDATES’. I have been asked to leave, when asking to record their presentation, have been escorted to private office, where manager wants me and her associate to work out our differences where I was accused of ‘making her cry’. The company pushed us, myself and my now deceased wife, into purchasing one of their products at Edisto Beach. When we told them we would not be coming to the presentation on our assigned time (my wife was still very sick from round of chemo) they perked up with, "We can come right over to you," and in short order were at condo spreading their BS on table. They kept pushing my wife until I got very mad and actually asked me, why was I punishing my wife from giving her grandchildren a vacation from her.

This is the tactics they use on daily basis and no one seems to be able to stop them. It is the worst corrupt and fraudulent operation that can be found and they are so big, nothing be done to correct their deception. It’s all fraud at its best, I attend every time I use my points, and every time, they get upset about my attendance, and really get upset when others want to know same questions I’m asking. My contract is paid in full, of course still have those monthly fees, but please, no matter where you are, if Wyndham Vacation Resorts is involved, it will be fraud that they will be committing each and every time one of the salespeople open their mouths.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

While in Branson Mo. My wife and I were lured into buying cheap show tickets from a man there. When we signed for the tickets (after giving him our I.D.s) I noticed the paper said something about a timeshare presentation. I told him we did not want to set through a 5 hr presentation, he said that it would only take 2 hrs and we had to go if we wanted the tickets and that the paper we just signed stated that our money was non-refundable. So we went to the presentation which ended up being 3 and a half hours. (Lie #1)

During the presentation Chris told us we had to sign a release for them to do a SOFT credit check in order to receive our tickets, this was lie number 2. After turning down their $42,000.00 vacation package (paid in monthly installments with 14.99% interest) we had to wait yet another 45 minutes for our tickets while several other people tried to browbeat and guilt trip us into purchasing different packages from. When we returned home there was 2 hard credit inquiries on mine and my wife's credit reports. I tried calling Wyndham about it but so far I have been put on hold once for 45 minutes and another time for over 30 minutes without ever getting to talk to someone who could tell me anything I needed to know. They are liars and scam artist! Stay away from Wyndham at all cost!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

We originally bought our points timeshare in Hawaii because we love it there. We also visited other resorts in the Wyndham network and each time we were put through a pushy and exhausting presentation. We got suckered into a Margaritaville purchase and a second contract. We have been completely misled about the benefits and availability of the resorts we wanted to visit even though I asked very pointed and exacting questions. I ended up getting upsold each time we went somewhere just so I could get out of the room where we were always held hostage for 8+ hours in uncomfortable conditions. We were told so many lies and misleading statements that I couldn’t keep things straight. The details are way too many for this space. Just say no. No presentation. No free gifts or meals. No **.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

While in Vegas my husband were at the Flamingo and we’re lured into a presentation by a fast talking man. He offered us several free things in exchange to stay at their casinos in the future. I thought we were being comped. He requested 40 dollars to cover taxes, our id’s and a paper to sign. Then I noticed we were agreeing to a 120 min presentation. I said, "Oh this is a timeshare pitch." He said, "Don’t worry you’ll just listen to it over a “buffet” breakfast."

During the presentation we were told not to use our phones as due to them interfering with the video equipment. If they did we had to start all over. At the end of the presentation we were told the sooner we filled out the credit applications the sooner we could take the tour. I declined to have my credit ran. At one point the sale men asked my husband if he wanted to fight him to which I replied as well as barked to us like a dog, not sure of his intentions but it was off putting.

After touring and my husband and I expressed our disinterest he asked us how much our monthly payments needed to be, knowing they like to talk payments I just said we could talk “numbers”. Many more times we expressed disinterest. Again he pushed for a monthly payment from me. Hoping they would let us go I lowballed and said 50 bucks. He got out of his chair and went to get the manager who writes 65 dollars down on a piece of paper. When I say “FOR HOW LONG AND HOW MUCH” we were dismissed. Thank goodness we dodged that bullet.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

WOW, what an experience! I learnt a lot about timeshares, people, manipulations, emotions, human brain and finally Wyndham. I am giving one star because I hated the concept of timeshare ownership of Wyndham Resorts and not for the presentation or the free gifts. We were walking in the casino of Caesar's Palace, Las Vegas and this guy in black suit offered to take a picture of us while we were struggling to take a selfie of us. Quite the gentleman huh! Small talk, small talk and asks if we received our gift basket? Blah blah blah. We were asked to pay $70 in cash for exchange of free gifts lol (how is it free anymore).

Anyways the gifts included two tickets to a Cirque de Soliel show which we wanted to see anyway and that costs $100 by itself. We did pay the said 70 bucks and got the receipt for that and agreed to attend the 'casual tour' at a Wyndham resort which included breakfast. This bugger specifically said there was no presentation or whatsoever.

We went to this Wyndham Blue Dessert resort for a nice awesome breakfast, NO it was some cheap bacon and soggy waffle. Hated it! Checked our credit card to see if it had matching name as in the ID and I was looking continuously if they try to punch in the CC numbers or do anything with it. They didn't. Then this guy greets us and introduced himself and said he was going to be our guide or whatever for the rest of the time we were there and took us to this room where the presentation was getting started. It was about 20 to 30 mins presentation, that's it. The lady presenting was hot so to me it wasn't boring LOL.

After that we were taken on the tour to see the model condos that we would be using if we decide to become "owners". These condos are nothing but a typical 1/2/3 BHK apartments. Nothing more nothing less. I personally like to stay in a nice hotel rather than a place that depicts an apartment. At this point I knew we were leaning towards 'No we are not buying'.

Before, during and after the tour we were asking a lot of questions to this guide of ours and he was very grounded in all the answers, tried to make sense as much as possible to most answers and not so much to others. For example when I asked - "Why do you keep saying owners, we are not owning any piece of land of anything" for which his reply, "We are owning their trust." Yay!!!

After the tour and a ton of q&a (from us mostly) next is the stress test/interview part. I honestly learned a lot about this concept and excited to get to this stress interview part. They had given us a piece of paper asking for details including SSN (yea they need that to see if we qualify for a specific tier or something). I did not even write our names on this piece of paper and told him I want all the information on the different pricing models and only then I will be giving my SSN. I suggest all of you not to give up your SSN right away unless you are very sure you were going to buy this membership.

Till this point there was no hints of what the cost of this membership was, so you would assume it's going to be in your face cost right! Following, blah blah blah he asks goes and checks with his manager and comes back and says he can customize a package for us depending on much we are willing to pay each month. I was like, "WAIT, no no no. You first tell me all the different packages and pricing models you have and then I will decide if I am even considering this membership." He runs back to his manager and comes up with different pricing models.

Phew finally I am seeing the numbers. For 400k points we should pay down 20k right on the spot and finance 80k at 17-18% interest and couple other pricing models. NONE of which is worth it in my opinion. He realized we are not impressed and brings in his manager to talk us, who tried her own method of convincing to sign up but we were sounding confident and assertive in saying No because we really felt it wasn't for us and explained them why it wasn't for us and thanked them for their time and patience. Left the place, collected all the free gifts in the gifting area. Watched that Cirque de Soleil show, enjoyed it and used couple other coupons too. So good experience over all but hated the concept of timeshare ownership.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I stayed at a Wyndham Hotel in Raleigh, NC this past summer that was under renovation at the time. The Wyndham Hotel name used to stand for quality, this no longer the case, at least at this hotel. It was unsafe, filthy, and all services were totally dysfunctional... the entire hotel was completely torn apart, totally disorganized, smelly, roaches crawling about, construction debris all over parking lot, locked stairwells, etc. This stay was a real disappointment to say the least. My husband is disabled and cannot climb even small stairs, so, after elevators became broken down and we were unable to get to our room and had to sit in lobby for nearly 2 hrs waiting for repairman to come make it start working, we canceled the remainder of our stay there... and at that time, the desk clerk informed us that this was a common practice for this hotel.

To add insult to injury... I am now overwhelmed with constant, nearly daily, cold calls and telemarketers on my private cell phone number from Wyndham Vacation Resorts. So, they not only misrepresented themselves as a functioning hotel, they also feel free to avail themselves of my personal contact info without my knowledge. I had no idea that this was going to be the result of my trusting them with my private contact information... and without my permission or approval they are intruding into my private life, via cold call phone calls on my cell phone, unsolicited, and extremely unwelcome on every level... whether or not; and when and if, I ever get this resolved, you can rest assured that I would NEVER, EVER, subject myself to this kind of shoddy, sneaky, and predatory business marketing practice. Shame on Wyndham corporation, this is the most miserable experience I have had with such a huge corporation in a very, very long time.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Me and my spouse had done the Bluegreen seminar so we thought we would try Wyndham out! Worst mistake ever! They had us sit thru the presentation but after it was like we were drilled. We had our 2 kids with us so after being there for over 4 hours we were so drained! They tried running my wife's credit and the girl come back saying it wasn't going thru for some reason so I had her run mine. Boy I never should have done that! She acted like she hit a gold mine. After seeing the deal she could do for us I kept telling her now was not a good time. She made it out to seem like my family is not important to me because I wouldn't purchase that day. I will not ever use Wyndham again. Bluegreen vacation didn't pressure us like them. The girl at Bluegreen got it and didn't continue to drill me! Stay away!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

My husband and I agreed to attend a timeshare presentation which was described as “a short slideshow” which would take 90 minutes. Almost 4 hours later, I was bumping into chairs in a desperate attempt to escape. I’ve never experienced such pressured and outright disrespectful behavior from salespeople. We were told that the inquiry which was REQUIRED by his boss to obtain the promised tickets, was a single, soft inquiry. Later in the day, I received notification from my credit reporting monitoring service that they had placed two, HARD inquiries on my credit!!! We continually refused the purchase and were approached by several other salespeople trying to get us to agree to the purchase!

Today, I received a notice of an account with Club Vacation with a $6000 credit limit. I NEVER AGREED TO OPEN AN ACOUNT WITH THIS COMPANY!!! WE WERE OUTRIGHT LIED TO ABOUT THE INQUIRY! The salesperson stated that most people purchase the packages. I knew better! If this were the case, why put so much pressure on perspective buyers? Despite my no, they went forward with a hard inquiry. Shame on you Tommy and your entire Wyndham Vacations team! Please open an investigation into the practices of this company! I’d be happy to answer additional questions and assist with the investigation.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Had the worst experience. Long story short. Took 2hr presentation for $100 worth of free pass after presentation. 2 hr turned into 5 hrs. And they try to sell a $30,000 vacation package and wanted me to make the decision right then. And said they will check my credit score but it won't be a hard inquiry but 3 days later I see it's on my report. They would not give me any copy of any pages to look over or any pages that I signed like the credit check pages. I had a vision of Wyndham being 7 star resort but after going thru they presentation I give them 0 stars. They try their tactics so hard to get you to purchase right then and lie about some stuff. They never mentioned about annual fees or high interest rate. The sales guy said it would be a 0% interest rate and came back with 17%. Company sucks. Email me at ** if you want more info.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Over 10 years ago I bought Grand Desert in Las Vegas for reasons that do not need to get into. We have family that lives there so it seemed to be a good idea. Now we have no use for it & I had banked over 230,000 points with RCI. Through Ovation from Wyndham I sold part of my points through a legitimate real estate firm, only paying closing cost when the sale was executed. I was left with 77,000 points which again through Ovation I basically gave up to them. The good news is no more monthly fees.

Now the bad news. When I went to set up a vacation using my banked RCI points, I was informed that since my account was closed I lost all those points I had banked. When I called Ovation I was told very nicely, tough **. When I told the Ovation person I was never informed I would lose those points, again: tough **.

Thank goodness I am done with Wyndham. I feel like a giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders. If you are ever offered one of these vacations, run from it as fast as you can. Wyndham is basically a scam operation. Whatever they offer you as a come on, tell them to take a hike.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Do not get me wrong. I enjoy Wyndham Resorts. They are great places to stay. But DO NOT buy points or TIMESHARES period! They are money pits!!! You constantly have to buy more points and upgrade to continue to vacation. You will never get paid off! My advice: Just rent from someone if you want to go!

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information