1.14/5

Discover a great timeshare now

709 Wyndham Vacation Resorts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Yes I have entered into several purchase transactions with Wyndham. I felt great about my initial “investment” with the company, only to later hear from sales reps that my first purchase “wasn’t quite enough if I wanted to fully enjoy the benefits of ownership.” Well of course I wanted to FULLY enjoy the benefits of ownership… who wouldn’t? I had no idea I was purchasing with strings attached. I will gladly admit to have made some mistakes along the way too... Yes, I believed what they were saying was valid. Yes, I was under the assumption that if a company made commitments to its customer- they would uphold those values promised. Yes, I bought into the pyramid scheme of timeshare ownership. And yes, I now look back at how the game is played and realize I was never anything other than a pawn.

With all that being said, I will not sit back and let Wyndham walk all over me now that my eyes are open to the misinformation and fabrication. With every upgrade I feel as though I took a step closer to the truth and ability to see the true nature of this corporation. In the beginning I was ignorant to this scheme, I was fooled to trust a business like this to have my best interest in mind.

I have had communication with Camila ** at Wyndham in regards to my request for a full termination and refund for all monies that I so called invested in Wyndham. Ms. ** has seemed to not take my complaints in a serious matter, nor has she been of any help to me. She has had very poor communication with me and she continues to portray that she has. I am fed up with being lied to and not taken seriously. I suggest anyone who comes in contact with Wyndham run away as fast as possible before you are trapped.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Wyndham is a company that makes promises and tells customers of what a great investment they are making during a purchase, but they are full of lies to make a sale out of a caring person. I will never recommend Wyndham or use any hotels connected to Wyndham after a timeshare purchased we were lied into buying. I still can’t understand how Wyndham wants me to pay for a property, I will never use due to all payments, maintenance fees, and PayPal loan they got as a down payment.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
    Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I just got an unsolicited spam call from a woman with a heavy accent. When I asked who was speaking she immediately hung up. This is by far the worst operation in the world. God help anyone that has fallen for this outfit's line of BS.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

We purchased points in Chicago after being Wyndham owners for about two years. We purchased because we wanted priority access for the downtown Chicago location so we could travel downtown by train and be close to all the attractions downtown like Taste of Chicago and the Air and Water show. Priority Access allowed us to book 13 months in advance for that resort because it fills up fast. They threw in enough points for two years that we would be considered VIP members.

About four months after this purchase we received a call from Richard in Orlando with Wyndham. He told us that because we were VIP members, we were eligible to purchase additional points at a deeply reduced rate which would allow us about four weeks of vacation a year at almost any resort. He also stated that our Chicago contract would remain exactly the same, all we were doing was purchasing more points.

A month before St. Patrick's Day last year I called the Chicago resort to book with our priority access only to be told that I didn't have priority access. I called Richard in Orlando who told me he didn't know we had priority access in Chicago and that the only way we could get priority access in Chicago again was to purchase more points in Chicago! I made several attempts to reach a member of management and I don't recall the person's name but he promised he would look into this and get back to me. I waited and waited and finally after a month, he called me and explained that he was still checking.

I told him that I just wanted our Chicago contract back. We would remain members and they could keep everything we had already paid for the extra points, all I wanted was the Chicago contract back. I asked him how long this would take because I didn't want to spend another $1500.00 dollars waiting for months for a reply. He promised he would have an answer in less than three weeks. Five weeks later, we finally had it and hired an attorney to get us out of this contract, which cost us another $11,000.00 dollars. We are still waiting to get released a year and a half later. Don't get taken by the promises. They are lies. Don't be another victim. I wish every day we had never started with Wyndham and I want nothing to do with them ever again.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Current owners & new owners be aware that super owners who have lots of points are selling their points on AIRBNB for $400 or more per night. Thus taking most of available units for their own profit, thus leaving very few units available for all the other owners. There are no restrictions with Wyndham to sell points on AIRBNB. Management is aware of this issue. Save your money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Attended a presentation while we were staying at Wyndham Grand Desert. Our sales rep, Matt **, knew we were undecided about the purchase. However, he persuaded us to buy by stating and restating that our monthly fees would be offset by 20% per month savings on our DirecTV and T- Mobile bills, plus an additional 20% discount on all purchases made at Target as well as other perks. He also said "I tell all my members that if their maintenance fees are less than $100, they will end up paying effectively no maintenance fees". This clinched the sale for us.

Turns out (surprise) these were complete and utter lies. By the time we got home from our vacation, it was six days after the purchase. As we looked at the information on our account once we got into the Wyndham system, we noticed that these perks did not exist. I called Wyndham and told them of our problem. They informed us that it was six days after the sale, one day past the recession period in the contract. The representative informed me that we could file a claim which we did. Their response to our claim was in essence, you signed a contract and can't prove that any verbal representations by our sales rep were ever made or even mattered. At this time, we have not received any evidence that they even contacted **. Therefore, we can only surmise that they

Did not bother to contact him (thereby taking no corrective action against his blatant lies as long as the contracts are coming in... Contacted him, he confessed and they ignored the confession. Contacted him, he continued his lying and we were left with no written proof of the lies. Any way you slice it, we were screwed by Wyndham. Once you sign your contract and they have your money, game over, no matter what fraudulent sales practices led to the signing of said contract.

I won't even get into the details of the omission of vital details that negatively affect the use of our points. Nor will I get into the lies about availability and usage. Suffice to say that we were taken in by Wyndham's reputation that we thought was good based on our stays in the past with their affiliated hotels. However, the timeshare aspect of this company, as you can see by the steady flow of negative reviews on this site, is abysmal. Don't become another victim. Don't believe a word they say. If a company can't sell its product without deception and lies, chances are this is a product to avoid at all costs.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

After having to hire an attorney to even gain access to our “bonus points” and after realizing that every single item we were told during the Wyndham Sales Presentation is an untruth, we feel ourselves to be totally wronged and no longer desirous of any dealings with the Wyndham Resort “family” as you all call it.

We’ve gone back over what your sales staff told us and can’t come up with one thing that was fact rather than fantasy. We were, unfortunately, sold a “dream vacation package” that was only that, a dream. The waking reality is that your company has used detestable manipulations and emotional toying to wring the proper response from us. That of buying an entirely worthless timeshare.

The few trips we’ve been on have been to locales we didn’t prefer at times that we had to “make work” rather than our requested dates and were placed in rooms across the street from the beach not on the beach, you get the idea. Not only were these trips marred from the beginning, but then we had to endure your staff’s incessant bullying and intimidation tactics to even check in and get to our room. We find it not at all to our liking and will never return to a Wyndham establishment ever.

You all entice people with free breakfast, free night stays and gift cards just to attend these presentations that you all know are about to be full of dishonesty and pressure for us to buy. Every time we said no, the agent would “sweeten” the deal more and more with lower prices and benefits. They say whatever they needed to say to get us to purchase because none of what we were promised has been given to us! We were told because we owned another timeshare in Gatlinburg for over 20 years we wouldn’t have to pay RCI membership fees since Wyndham owned RCI. The very first time we tried to use our points, we were told our points would not be available for 2 more months due to the special package we were given. When we called customer service about this issue, we were told we did not have access to that property, despite the fact that we were told we were purchasing this timeshare! What kind of circus are you all running!

To make things worse, when we went to use our other timeshare, the one we have owned for over 20 years, we were told that we would need to pay our annual RCI fees before making a new reservation even though we were told differently. We have never had an issue with our initial timeshare and then Wyndham comes along and screws everything up. This topped it off for us and we realized this is not what we wanted to continue dealing with. Please terminate our timeshare contract and all accounts connected to it. Please provide us our refund notice promptly.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

It is amazing how quickly a salesman can change their attitude when they realize their sale is not in the bag. I knew as soon as our salesman sat down after two minutes saying we qualify with excellent credit that everything to follow was complete nonsense. I know they did not run my credit as I have it locked and get notifications about even "soft" inquiries. They had sent multiple sales reps to us, and then resorted to trying to insult my husband by pointing out that I make more yearly than he does as if that would push him closer to a sale.

We are quite comfortable in our situation and neither of us will allow the other to be bullied. The hard no did not go well. 120 minutes? Try 4.5 hours. Luckily we are on vacation and do nothing with the mornings anyway. If you have any kind of plans, or have even an inkling of weakness for salesmen skip this. They talk a good game but once the fees start adding up you get screwed. And they want money down. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

We were approached by a Wyndham rep as soon as we walked through the door of our hotel with suitcases in hand in Vegas. The gent offered us all kinds of free activities if we went to their 2 hour presentation. The free stuff valued out to about $300. Worth it...right? Well for us yes because we did not buy. Almost did, but the tour was offsite of the presentation and in the rep's car we googled all about Wyndham. Omg, so glad we did. We were really considering it and if we would not have been taken to another site, about a 15 min car ride each way, we would have been sucked into their scam.

They make it sound like it is a steal and tell you it gains value, but of course it does not. It loses value. They tried to sell us 400000 point for 32k. We asked to see the catalog so we could value up to see how many vacations 400k points would get us. Well they picked up the catalog and shuffled it, but would not let us hold it. Hilarious. Then there are the maintenance fees. 2400 a year for the point value. This value also goes up every year. So even when I paid the 32k deed off I would still owe them 2400++ yearly.

So we listened to the very upbeat presentation and were just about sold. We were pretty excited. The presentation and lunch (a piece of marinated chicken and cauliflower) lasted the 2 hours. So in order for us to receive our free stuff we still had to go on the offsite tour. Which with driving back and forth and then the hotel tour, took another hour. During that hour we noticed our rep texting quite a bit. Then we returned we just happened to run into a couple on the elevator that was from the same state, like an hour from us. When I asked the couple a question she gave me some answer that sounded scripted about how they love Wyndham. It what I asked them if they visited in our state since we were practically neighbors. Lol. Coincidence? K.

Then we got back up to the original room and a more aggressive salesperson awaited us. The dude started naming off instances in his life that honestly went in the order of the dates of things my husband and I posted in our Facebook pages. Even though we had googled Wyndham on the car ride back from the tour, when the sales rep spouted off all that we knew for sure then that we were out! Coincidence that we meet a sales rep with almost the exact life as us...nope!

I got to hand it to the whole presentation team. They are good. We filled out paperwork before we left for the tour and when we returned it was like they did an identity scan on me and my husband while we were gone. We all know they did, along with all our social media. After 3 hours they finally show us the price. They will not show you one second before this moment and they will not estimate a price during either. We used the price as our out and said No. They then offered 2 other point packages cheaper. We still said an adamant No. Then they changed from the upbeat fun vacation sellers of a lifetime into my pouting temper tampering 5 yr old. They were then rude and mean. Shocker there I guess!

So we signed our I said No paperwork and were heading out to collect our free vouchers. On the way out we had to sit at another table where they offered us a trial to buy. We didn’t know this at the time but no one ever seems to get to use the trial points either because nothing is available for trial users or there are not enough trial points. They offered us that for $3500. Oh, and we still would have to pay maintenance fees and some other fee. So we said No! All we were thinking after 3 1/2 hours was I need a drink!

Finally, we collect our vouchers and left. All in all to us it was worth it because we got four activities for both of us out of them and they were fun. We also did not have a clue about timeshares and about how these sale peeps leak at every Vegas hotel. So it was good education to waiving off all of them the rest of our trip at other hotels. They almost got us though...thanks Google and thanks to the car ride. Me and my husband has since super googled about Wyndham and found all these sites complaining of being scammed. I look back and can see each time they lied to us but didn’t see it then because they are so well trained to be mesmerizing first and then of course pushy. My heart goes out to all that scammed by these peeps.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

What a scam! I was told I would get a 2 bedroom condo near Disneyland and never received the email. I found out I was get a standard hotel room not on the property and was responsible for multiple additional charges. I tried to get a refund which I did not and every time I tried to schedule a trip nothing was available and the presentation meetings were up to hour away!

Please don’t waste $149 only to Find out you are not getting a condo on the property and stuck with up to $100/day in undisclosed fees, if you are lucky enough to book a property you actually want to go to! I also heard that the 120 minutes turns into 4 hours of high pressure tactics and every person you speak with has different information like you can reschedule without a charge to being told when you do call that there will be a fee of $19.95 -$49.95! Steer clear and check out Vacation Fulfillment which has never disappointed me in 5 years and you can get great deals on some of the same resorts for an entire week for slightly more than the 3 night “deal” they sell you.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

My husband and I got sold on the silver-lined spiel and have been nothing, but disappointed. There are never rooms available. I have literally tried to book through Club Wyndham and told no availability and gone through Expedia and able to book. NOT WORTH THE MONEY! I was told by the rep AND her manager when we bought that we could cancel at any time because Wyndham realized that being trapped in a contract was a pain point for time-share buyers and they wanted to eliminate that stigma... Guess what I was told when I tried to cancel... Contract says you can't. This whole expensive ** agreement that I am stuck in is now a pain point... Walk away while you can... Or come buy mine so I can walk away.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Emailed several times last week and also tried calling. Unable to contact any of the staff. Absolute silence. This is not the standard of service I'd expect from any company let alone one I'm paying good money. Very disappointing.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

We have been a timeshare owner since 1999. I am 63 years old, my husband is 70. Our timeshare is paid off and we use the 105,000 points each year. I recently booked a stay just for me at the Wyndham Ocean Boulevard resort in North Myrtle Beach, SC. I was asked at checking to attend a sales presentation and I said no, I no longer attend those high pressure presentations. A few days after checking in, I got a call from Guest Services advising they had a Wyndham Club Pass Resorts Catalog to bring to my room and also they wanted to conduct a 3 question survey. I said okay.

Wyndham employee, Marc **, came to my room bringing the catalog and starting the survey. However, he quickly left the pretense of taking a survey and began discussing my vacation needs, how often we travel, how much we spend annually on travel, etc. They also asked me if I was authorized to make decisions without my husband about the timeshare and I said yes. I repeatedly told him I was not buying additional timeshare points. Then he changed his tactics and asked me if I was aware that upon our death, we would be passing a timeshare maintenance obligation to our children and did we want to burden them with this obligation, could they afford it? I said no, I was not aware it would be a bill against our estate. He then told me about the Pathway program where we could sell the timeshare back for .20 cents on the dollar of what we originally paid.

He asked if I was interested in divesting my timeshare for .20 on the dollar and I said yes. He made an appointment with me later that morning at Tower 4, member services. When I went to the appointment his boss joined us and they spent considerable time asking me about our vacation needs. I stated again that I was not buying additional timeshare points. I thought I came to the meeting to divest myself of my timeshare and they were pressuring me to buy more points telling me I had to own more points in order to qualify for the Pathway program.

Keep in mind that Marc ** had my timeshare printout, knew how many points we had and knew our ownership details. He had made a big deal of our timeshare being paid off and of us having "Undivided Interest" which qualified us for the Pathway program. Not once did he indicate an additional purchase would be necessary to use the Pathway program. He lied to get me to come to Tower 4, Member Services, where he and his boss pressured me to buy more timeshare points in order to qualify for Pathway. I walked out after 20 minutes or so.

Clearly Wyndham is now preying on the elderly using scare tactics telling them they are burdening their children with a timeshare bill after they die and pressuring them to buy more timeshare points so they can qualify for the Pathway program to divest themselves of their timeshare. This entire experience has soured me on Wyndham and I regret getting involved in owning a timeshare. Do not under any circumstances do business with this Wyndham. They are liars and snake oil salesmen who will do anything to sell you more points.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Wyndham will lie and cheat to get you to buy a timeshare. They will promise things that are a lie, and by the time you realize it, it is too late. We tried to use it, and unless you know a year in advance you can't book anywhere. Save your money and use a vacation by owner or something like that.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Wyndham’s timeshare program has changed its name to Wyndham Destinations. They insist they are not in the business of timeshares anymore, but believe me, it’s the same old same old. Before our stay at Bonnet Creek in Orlando, I was called by a personal Wyndham concierge who said he would help me with anything I needed.

Actually, this is just a ploy to get you to sign up for a presentation before you even arrive so you can’t try to avoid it once you’re there. You don't even need parking passes at this resort, so forcing people to go to the desk to get one when they will pressure you into sitting through a presentation is just wrong. I was told that the company was under new management and the new president had a different way of doing things. They just wanted to update us. Because we were arriving a day before the rest of our party, I agreed to go, but only after telling my concierge that I didn’t want another high pressure sales pitch. What a joke.

They do offer some kind of compensation, but the days of free breakfasts are gone. Once again, the hour my concierge said it would take turned into 3. The program has changed, and now you can book hotels, airfare, restaurants, etc. all with your Wyndham points. They throw so many numbers at you that at first it does sound appealing. They use a random number that they say you’ve spent each year for vacations and maintenance. By joining this program, we wouldn't have to pay maintenance fees anymore, plus we could use our points for anything else we want to defray the cost of our vacation. Who wouldn’t like cheaper or free vacations!

We are grandfathered in VIP members. The price to update to this new program? $101,000! Upon closer inspection, you still have to pay a user fee, which is MORE than our current maintenance fees. My husband, the math wizard, showed them the real cost of paying off that fee with points. We'd have to charge almost $8,000 every month on our credit card just to pay fees, so where were all the points for the other things we were supposed to use them for, like airfare, coming from? This doesn’t even touch the $101,000 investment just to get you into the program and get priority access (this cost was later reduced several times to $23,000.) I don't think they were expecting someone to actually question the math, but it clearly did not make economic sense.

Over 3 hours and two salespeople later (who were at least nice but persistent) we had to wait in line to sign releases. Really? I have personally enjoyed our Wyndham timeshare vacations but am just furious that they constantly change things to make you need to buy more points to take advantage of the new programs. And if they want to upgrade the program, why can't they offer it for a reasonable fee instead of starting at some exorbitant price? The best part was that they say the new program now has estate planning, so your children won't be stuck with the units when you die if they don't want them. (Our saleswoman even told us she has units she can't give away. This is clearly not what we were told when we first bought them.) Imagine paying thousands more just so your kids can get rid of your timeshares! It’s greed at its very best.

Seeing all those visitors suckered into taking tours around the complex really took away from the vacation. Yes, Wyndham's stock is going way up, on the backs of all these unsuspecting people who are kept for hours during these presentations until they finally signed. If the program is so fantastic, why do they have to practically lock you in a room and lower the price 3 times to get you to buy? I will NEVER, EVER agree to another presentation. And believe me, I’ve had some staff get extremely rude when I’ve turned them down before.

Wyndham does have some nice properties and we have used them almost every year. But for anyone interested in joining Wyndham Destinations, go online to the resale sites. The same amount of points they wanted $101,000 for were on a site for $6,000. I have enjoyed our timeshares over the past 15 years, but we bought before they were readily available to the public. If you don’t mind spending $1000 or more (we already pay over $2K) a year to have access to a choice of timeshares, go for it. But don’t buy into it thinking you can get any unit you want when you want it, or cover costs by renting your units or use points for free vacations. Nothing in life is free! And now you can go online and find many of the same places for rent without having to pay for the cost of ownership.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I have been a WorldMark member since 1995. It has been wonderful. I’m sorry to say that the managers are running into the ground. Bonus time is out with a new guest certificates program. (They did not even bother telling owners about it. Just slipped it in a bulletin. You will have to pay additional $100.00 to use bonus time for guest. They have had numerous lawsuits and have to make the money up somewhere to pay for it. BEWARE DUES IS NEXT. Latest lawsuit was a big one. Check it out... "$20 Million Verdict For Whistleblower Who Exposed Financial Fraud of Elderly By Wyndham Vacation Ownership – World’s Largest Timeshare Company”. THEY ARE CROOKS! SELLING MY TIMESHARE ASAP!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Let me start off with how my husband and I came across Wyndham timeshare etc. We were in Vegas for a couple of days so as we walked around and were suddenly approached by a "motivated" yappy, con-man from Wyndham Resorts. Yes, I know what you're thinking now, we should have seen all the RED FLAGS as soon as we set eyes on this guy's pathetic persistence to get us to see a presentation at Wyndham. We should have known that anyone who entices you to make a deal on the spot is a fraud. They are the fast talkers, the manipulators, and the conmen who have no soul. The ones who are strikingly similar to a chameleon.

I am writing this review to warn honest, hard-working people out there so you can be informed about what type of scams are promoted in our country and are under the guise of an "investment". One thing is clear, this offer that Wyndham presents is not an investment; it does not gain any value whatsoever, but they will LIE to your face and say that it does gain value. Please do not fall victim to this type of scam unless you are willing to pay maintenance fees every month in addition to the high costs of the timeshare "ownership".

WARNING: You do not own anything that has any value because you cannot sell it back to the resort, even if you pay off the entire purchase price and are in good standing with the company! Wyndham is a FRAUD and should be sued for misleading people. Clearly, this is not an investment that will give you an ROI back! NOTE: If I could sue this company, I would in a heartbeat. In fact, if there are any reputable lawyers out there who are willing to take on the case, then please let me know.

Wyndham needs to take accountability for their actions, and all those who paid their "ownership" in full should be able to redeem their money back, especially when you are LIED to. So, YES, I refer to this company (there are more out there) as a SCAM. The representatives LIE and are highly unethical. They are full of crap and should be sued for misrepresentation of their company's offers and how they scam people into bottomless contracts. We paid a lot of money for this CRAP, and now they won't even let us get our hard-earned money back, let alone even a portion of it! We don't even use the timeshare because they never have any availability when and if we do even travel. How ** if you ask me. This is criminal. Any American citizen should have the right to get their money back from wrongful sellers who lie to make a profit.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Very bad. I was lied to and they were fraudulent and deceptive. I was in their grip for 4 plus hours before I caved in. I filed a complaint with the FTC and they told me they needed more complaints filed before they get involved. So if you haven't filed a FTC complaint do it NOW! Online or by phone 1-877-382-4357.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Beware Folks. Offered an over the phone 2-day cruise to the Bahamas for the cost on our part of paying port fees (approx $150.00) AND attending a presentation from Wyndham Resort which would only take up our time of 2 hours so they say. We drove from Ohio to Orlando Florida as the Cruise was out of West Palm Beach. We arrived at the appointed time for the Wyndham presentation and escorted from there to a building by a member of the Wyndham sales staff who kept a continuous smile on his face and had lots of small talk to win us over. The first building we sat in a room with other couples and shown video's of Wyndham Vacation Resorts plus all while a Sales Manager talked through most of the video of his life. Once that part was over our smiling sales rep had placed on the table a few papers and asked us to fill out the financial statement.

Being point blank my husband said "We're just not interested" but the smiling sales rep insisted we fill out the papers. Repeating again we're not going to buy anything but want our papers necessary to take the cruise as promised us. Our smiling rep again tapped on the papers with his pen saying, "Fill out these papers and we can show you some of the facilities." Again my husband said "We're not interested and not going to buy anything". This seemed at this point as a power play as the rep continued his tap tap tap on the papers set in front of us saying we must fill them out in order to move on to get our cruise. We filled out the papers under pressure then our smiling. We got back in his car and he drove us to yet another small building where we followed him inside to a small room with a table and chairs.

He left for a few minutes but returned with his bigger than Dallas smile and put a few papers on the table then started talking about the resort and how we can get all our kids together for holidays or anytime. Seemed at this point he was now using our small talk to draw us in but we continued to say "NO we're just not interested." He stuck with his smile and continued his pitch but we did too. He left the room and in came another sales rep with his big smile. He continued where the first rep left off. Pointing out we need this. We still said no no no. He continued with his Wyndham sales spiel. We said we were promised our papers necessary for a cruise and we concluded we are done.

We thought we won this battle as after a bit he said, "You can go." We were about to get up to seek out our first sales rep who drove us when all the sudden our first rep came back in the room as the other rep was walking out. We told our rep he said we could go but not so fast. We were then told we could of course go but wouldn't get our prize of the cruise as we haven't completed. OH MAN! We had been high pressured over 2 hours now and really getting tired at this point. We sat back down with our smiling sales rep while he was going over all the DEALS and how affordable it would be to us. We SAID "NO". We SAID "WE'RE NOT INTERESTED".

He continued looking at our faces while reciting the REWARD points we would get. These guys were a tag team as our rep got up after informing us this deal was so good and wouldn't be offered to us again at these prices plus reward points. We just looked at him and shook our heads while saying "WE'RE NOT INTERESTED". Our smiling rep was so pushy we were getting exhausted listening to the exact same spiel. Our rep left the room smiling as within a few minutes a different rep walked in going over all the same thing. This was pretty intense and getting on the last nerve we had left. We continued with our NO NO NO.

What a hassle. You would think they would give up but oh no. This sales rep must of been the closer and he really didn't wear a smile but seem as irritated with us as we were with this whole arrangement. FINALLY, this rep left and our rep walked back in holding a piece of paper that said COMPLETED. Yippee yeah Skippy we passed. Our smiling rep said he would drive us back to our car. Now we had the smiles. I hope most of what I wrote here made sense and you heed our experience. This was high pressure sales. Once we were on the ship we learned others had the EXACT same experience as we did.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

We fell for the sales pressure from the “sales” people. We are not stupid, we are not going to ruin our credit score over the timeshare. We plan on paying it off, possibly using it during that time, then look into finding a way to give it back to them. Unfortunately, I became disabled several years ago and have a difficult time traveling great distances by car, by bus, by train or by plane. The nuts at Wyndham continue to try to get us to purchase more points despite my physical limitations (yes, they know...they have asked me every time they call asking how my back is feeling just before they try to get us to purchase more points). If you have the opportunity to purchase Wyndham points or if a relative offers you the chance to take over their timeshare...RUN AWAY FAST, do not walk. Wyndham stinks. I tried leaving zero stars...it’s not an option.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

First of all the meeting was not 90 minutes. Which is what we agreed to. We ended up being there over 3 hours long. Then when we finally said no, they would not take no for an answer. When I said that I just didn’t have the money right now to purchase, the guy literally replied with, “but you do.” Who does he think he is that he knows my finances better than I do? Then when he finally took no for an answer, you could tell he was pissed off. He literally asked me “if you didn’t plan on buying, why did you even come?” It’s an information session. I was curious to know what it was about. Then they sent someone else over. I had to tell at least 4 people no. They won’t take no for an answer. I almost felt like I had to escape.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Never again will we do ANY kind of business with Wyndham. Some years ago we took over the ownership of my in-laws timeshare, Shawnee on the Delaware, PA. We never went there during our time... always swapped out for other destinations. Decided since nearing retirement we didn't need it, so decided to give the week back vs. try to sell it (resale's very difficult). Plus, fees were rising quite a bit each year. Turns out Shawnee placed us for collection even though the bill had been paid (must have crossed in the mail), and we were NEVER notified. Did not know about it until calling to work through the transaction. This started in mid-July, and did not end until mid-October.

Trying to work this out was an absolute nightmare... sitting on hold literally for hours and cut off multiple times trying to talk to people; given numbers to call that were circular (call the number, get a recording to call the same number); systems without any records of our account; having to pay a collection agency over $300 to clear the account because Wyndham would not help or talk to us until that was cleared; Wyndham slow-walking the paperwork, taking weeks to finally complete the transaction. In summary, this was about the worst customer service experience I have faced, and will never again, do anything with the Wyndham brand.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I am a Silver Level Owner and purchased many years ago. Biggest mistake we have ever made. 'Cause for just maintenance fees is far more than we would have to spend for the same vacation. Availability is very limited, hard to get in areas you actually want to go to. The final straw for me is they are still pushing for us to go into a devastated area from Hurricane Michael just two weeks after the storm. That is insane!! It tells you the mindset of the company, money before people or safety. We will be exploring getting rid of anything we have with Wyndham. No longer a value or worthwhile.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

When my husband and I visited New York back in May, we stay at one of the Wyndham Chain “The Henri Hotel”. We enjoyed our stay as well as the hotel was close to our 91 year old aunt. We were accommodated with a few nights free at The Henri with the understanding that we would attend an in-service on Wyndham close by. We were also informed that we would not be pressured into purchasing. Well! Our experience was quite different, towards the end of the in-service we sat with a young man , who explained the program then we noticed that a young lady came by every five to ten minutes to say “David” said it’s time. We knew then that the pressure was on.

We explained to the young man that we were not in a situation to purchase at this time. Then came David, offering us every deal in the book trying to pressure us to purchase. When we refused to give in and told him we already owned a time share, He hit the table very hard with his hand, said some not so kind words and abruptly walk away.

Then came another lady with another deal, we thought this deal would be more reasonable and we would be able to squeeze the payments for two years. My husband and I expressed the rudeness of David who hit the table trying to intimidate us into purchasing and we also told her about our 91 year old aunt that lives in Manhattan and we had no funds at this time to purchase. The Lady went on to explain the new deal that would allow us to come back and forth to Manhattan at The Henri (to visit our aunt) and also have the opportunity to visit other Wyndham properties in different states.

My husband and I left on a good note and was over joyed that we would have a place to stay at “The Henri” that was safe and walking distance to my aunt.

Well! I tried booking at The Henri on August 16th, 2018 and to my surprise I was told it would be $258.00 per night. I was in shock. Then I asked to see if they had other Wyndham properties in Manhattan that I could stay and I was informed that the closest one was in Jersey. My husband and I are totally at a loss, as we need to visit our ailing aunt. At this point we believed that we were not given the correct information but lead to believe that we could stay in Manhattan at The Henri with this purchase and this is false information. We strongly believe that we were taken advantage of and this should not happen to anyone especially the elderly.

We are totally disappointed. Tried contacting Wyndham and the response was that we signed a contract. With that said we stopped payments requesting a dispute they we were referred to a collection agency. They also started ringing our cell phone every day requesting payment. We would like the contract to be voided and any funds paid to date to Wyndham be returned.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM WYNDHAM! I had a weak moment and purchased a 3 night hotel package from Wyndham through a telephone marketer. When I purchased the package they stated no blackout dates. But when trying to use the package they never had the dates I wanted to travel available-- even months in advance! Now the one year has expired and they won't honor my purchase! Yup I'm out $200. Should have just burned it. They won't let you speak to a supervisor or offer any type of resolve. They are crooks!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

My husband and I learned about the opportunity to get 4 days at Lake Tahoe. The guy at the booth was pretty vague on the requirements and made it seem like they were just trying to get the word out about the newly built Wyndham in Oceanside, CA and as a gift we’d get the free stays. **. We get there and it was totally a timeshare presentation. The first hour was fine. We learned about their program and it seemed cool. They assured it would be a simple yes or no at the end of the presentation.

The second hour began to draaaggg as the representative was trying sell us and get to know us. Everything led to a tangent. She then introduced us to another representative who will later appear to discuss finances. After hour 2.5 we were over it. The rep had yet to talk any numbers, specifics and fine print. We politely stated that we were ready for the bottom line details. She went over some “Today” and “Anytime” numbers and logistics. Upon hearing, we immediately informed her that we do not make impulse purchases and would need time to discuss it and research as a family. We also informed her that although we’d miss out on the “Today” incentives we’d be happy to learn more about the "Anytime” since that would be our “only” option.

Then enters the rep from earlier and they both tag team us. For the next 1.5 hours they were trying to convince us to buy “Today”. We repeatedly let them know that we do not make impulse purchases and would not be buying. This was far from a simple yes or no that was promised in the beginning. My husband let them know that we have other financial goals. The rep at one point pointed to the 15K offer and stated “You lose that at the poker table”. His attempt to be funny fell upon deaf ears so he switched it up and said “No I lost that once at the poker table lol”. Uhhh okay we’re definitely not taking financial advice from you, sir.

Even through all the high pressure aggressive sales tactics we were still considering it. My husband being the smart man that he is always reads the fine print before committing to anything. Things got super fishy when he asked to see and read the contract. The rep said “We’re not there yet”. Long story short, unless oh agree to buy we’re not showing you anything. Hmmm... Then we asked for them to pull up their website and show us how to book and to see how far our points really get us. For the example for them to use, I asked about one country in specific that we visit yearly. Guess what? No resorts!!! They tried to push other resorts in nearby countries. Negative.

We’re now have been there for over 3.5 hours. We said firmly, "No thank and we’re not buying." They finally gave up... or so it seemed. They escorted us to another sales person who was supposed to check us out and give us our “reward”. Lies!!! She was the last most aggressive sales rep. She was trying to push a “trial” rate at 3,400. Again, my husband turned her down. She then turned to me twice and asked me if I wanted him to buy it? I let her know that my husband said no and that was it. Very tacky to try to make me contradict my husband by the way.

At that point we were beyond over it and just wanted to go home!! They gave us our “reward” which isn’t even through Wyndham. It’s through another company called “First Priority Travel”. As soon as I got in the car, I read the fine print and realized it was going to be impossible to actually redeem the “reward”. I googled the company reviews and they were 100% negative on the BBB website. Please save your time. We regret every second of our day. We got suckered like some suckers. The best thing that came out of it is that we stuck to our guns and did not make an impulsive buy!!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I regret the day my husband and I ever accepted to go to a timeshare meeting at Wyndham. The person who signed us up promised no high pressure sales tactics and it was a bunch of bologna. Get there early, they start late. The breakfast of eggs and toast were served cold. They kept us there for FOUR (4) hours, not the 1-2 hours we were promised. And there were 5 people who took turns talking to us, each one getting meaner and more bullying. One of them had the nerve to accuse my husband of not caring about me enough by not wanting to spoil me by buying a timeshare. They wouldn't take NO for an answer as many times as we told them we don't have the money. They were so rude and we both left the building feeling verbally assaulted. It was so unprofessional. Then for weeks afterward I get all these random credit card offers for both of us because they gave out our information to third parties. JUST AN AWFUL EXPERIENCE!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Like others we went to a Wyndham sales presentation. Just to shut them up we signed up for 10,000 points. When we got home we searched timeshare resellers online and bought the same points for one third the cost. We then exercised our "cooling off period" and cancelled the initial purchase. We've had them now for about 12 years and have had some great holidays. They have a "privileges" program for new purchasers, which we hate. Their "owner's update meetings" are just an excuse to sell us more points, and we steadfastly refuse to go to them, regardless of the "free gift". Overall we're happy we bought in, but NEVER buy new points. Exactly the same product is available on the second-hand market for peanuts.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I filed all my complaints against Wyndham and sent them the OPT out letter. STOPPED ALL PAYMENTS. There is an Attorney that I am waiting for him and his law firm to get back to me whether he will take my case (9/27/2018). I have been emailing them info!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

We requested a Branson MO vacation brochure online. Within half an hour we received a phone call offering us 2 nights at a reduced rate and 4 free show tickets if we agreed to attend a two hour presentation by Wyndham. Since we had never done anything like this before we thought we would give it a try. After all, how bad could it be? Well, we were about to find out.

We attended the presentation on 9/18/18. The first 90 minutes were fine. Our representative was personable and initially engaged us in lots of small talk about family, hobbies, previous vacations, etc. (More about that later). We told him up front that we had no intention of purchasing. He said it didn't matter, he gets paid anyway and asked us to keep an open mind. We attended a group presentation where they explained the points system, banking the points, borrowing from future points, how points could be used for cruises and airfare, how Wyndham could "make memories" for our family, how our purchase would be a family legacy, and so on. The presenter stated he and his staff are passionate about their work and that their passion should not be mistaken for pressure. Hmmmm...

Our representative took us to visit the property in Branson, which was actually very nice. That's when the pressure (passion?) increased. "How wonderful would it be to experience your 2-year old grandson in the kiddie pool come over to give you a hug?" "How great would it be to have all of your kids and grandkids together in a lovely resort creating memories?" (Refer to previously mentioned small talk.)

We returned to the resort center where our representative really got down to business. Over the next half hour or so, the pressure to become an owner and sign up for the credit card increased exponentially. We repeatedly stated this product was not for us. When it finally became clear to him that we did not intend to purchase his responses included "I don't understand why you would not take advantage of this opportunity to make memories for your family" and "where did I lose you?"

What? You want us to tell you how to make the sale? Next it was his manager's turn to amp up the pressure using more of the same tactics. When my husband told him we didn't need Wyndham to make memories he shot back "yes you do!" No sale, so we were referred to a third rep for yet another offer. By this time we were extremely irritated and unwilling to consider purchasing anything Wyndham. They didn't exactly hold us hostage, but it almost felt that way. We vowed to never again put ourselves in this horrible, very high pressure situation. Our advice? If you go, be prepared.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information