toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was pleased with the process of selling my timeshare. I really had to do very little to complete the sale. The timeshare was a big weight and a financial burden, so I appreciated their help in streamlining the selling process. I actually started the ad several years ago and was not active in getting it sold. It was really great that it was a one time fee that covered the ad the entire time. I never had to pay any additional fees! There were no surprises! When I got serious about selling it they worked with me to lower the price and I had several interested parties. Once a buyer and I agreed on a price/deal, the team communicated very efficiently and often with me by email and phone. They were always very courteous and helpful! This is a good company that helps navigate the selling process that seemed overwhelming and difficult to me, as a person not in the real estate business. Couldn't have done it without their service!

When I told our daughter that we had sold our timeshare she was incredulous. She had never heard of anyone actually selling one! SellMyTimeshareNow worked really hard getting it sold - they took care of all the details. I had to price it right but we got it sold! Thank you to all the members who got it done!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife and I already own 2 Westin timeshares. We had always been interested in purchasing at Kierland. We have stayed there numerous times but found that all ownerships had already been sold. Every once in a while I would surf the internet to see if I could find a resale. I just happened upon SellMyTimeshareNow and was surprised to find a one-bedroom unit for sale. I was a little concerned about buying on the open market but after calling customer service at Westin-Starwoods I was assured that the purchase was legitimate and that it would integrate with my other timeshares. I called SellMyTimeShareNow and spoke to **. He was very helpful and made the entire process simple and painless. Everything was handled professionally and yesterday I received my owners welcome letter and found my new timeshare in my portfolio. I would happily recommend the company for anyone looking for a great value on a timeshare purchase.

Resolution In Progress

Resolution response: Aug. 9, 2017

They decided to give back all my money due to the misunderstanding. I am satisfied with this arrangement.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

When I signed up they told me I had 10 days to change my mind. I cancelled and they told me I had to talk to them before I could get a refund. When I called he gave me another pitch without telling me I would lose my refund with the original 10 days even though I had several days left of the 10 days. They stole half of my refund because he didn't tell me all of the facts so I could make an honest decision. It wasn't until I tried again to get my refund in those original 10 days that I was told they were keeping it because they took away my original 10 days for a refund after talking to them. I was never told I would lose that option or I would of never agreed to anything he said. They are scam artists at their best and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. They are not honest and don't deal fair. Very unsatisfied with the integrity of this company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Timeshare resale is poorly managed: Wow, reading all the reviews is quite disturbing - half the reviews are 5 star - couldn't have been better and the other half 1 star - terrible experience. I fall into the latter where my timeshare has been on the market with them for over 18 months now. I have resorted to emailing them very frequently and actually thinking of putting in the effort daily. I have already dropped the price 50% so in my mind a timeshare for someone who can actually can use it is a bargain on the system (if you can actually buy one through this company). I am not to fussed, I live overseas and will almost give it away if I get a feel good factor from anyone that would like to take it on, in the meantime I thought it good to put my two cents worth in to counter all the 5 star surprises.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was very pleased with "SellMyTimeshareNow". ** my contact, explained how everything worked and I felt secure that it was a legitimate company to do business. I was treated superbly, in a professional manner and the company took me all the way to the final exit without any headaches. I have listed my second unit with this company, knowing how well the process worked and look forward to them selling my second unit.

Total misrepresentation of comparable sales. Promised quick sale at high price. Not a single inquiry for resale in 7 months. Company should be put out of business. No customer service other than by email. Will be contacting FTC and local magistrate to commence a lawsuit. CONSUMERS: STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

I live in the USA and wanted to sell my Marriott timeshare in Aruba. Selling a timeshare can be a frustrating experience even if it is a high quality location but, this organization gives practical, honest advice to a seller. The customer care service department and real estate agent involved were both immediately responsive to requests for information. I lost a sale early on due to a desire to negotiate on the price. After this experience, I listened to my agent and adjusted the price downward to enhance a sale. The executive consultant was also quite helpful in offering perspective on the process. A new offer arrived after about 6 months. Once a contract was signed, SMTN was very helpful in facilitating the closing process and I was very impressed with the overall organization. If you want a reliable, professional team on your side, this is the organization for you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?

Consumer Increased Rating!

I paid almost $1,000.00 dls to this company in order to sell my timeshare. This was almost two years ago. I was contacted by a lady and she said they will sell my timeshare and they will take care of all the paperwork. At this time, my timeshare is still on sale, I believe so because I called this lady many times and left several messages asking about the selling of my timeshare and she never called me back. I got a call from one employer from this company around three weeks ago telling me that my timeshare is worthless but they can help me to transfer my timeshare to another person so this way I can avoid paying maintenance fees. I am so upset because this company is only taking the people's money, telling them lies like they did to me. Please do not make any business with them, they only will take your money and they never get back your phone calls. This company is a fraud.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

All staff members I dealt with at "SellMyTimeshareNow" were really quick in getting back to me by email or phone and extremely professional. The team-member who handled my property listing and initial enquiry was extremely experienced and walked me through the process very clearly; answering all of my questions and concerns. Although the sales staff were busy with a number of clients at any one time, their response times were always excellent. During the closing process assistance was provided at every step and even though I was located outside of the US - and therefore at a distance - everything was very well managed with a lot of attention to detail to ensure nothing was missed. I will definitely be recommending SellMyTimeshareNow!

I had a successful experience selling my vacation club membership with SellMyTimeshareNow. They responded quickly by phone to my initial email inquiry, and stayed with me and walked me thru every step over the course of the year+ that it took to find a buyer and complete the transfer/sale. I am so happy to have this albatross off my back!

I was really pleased with my experience at SMTN. From friendly staff who quickly and expertly revised pricing, to a seamless and relatively worry free closing -- I would suggest this service to anyone considering selling their timeshare. I'm not sure this process ever goes as quickly as you like, but SMTN was great at managing expectations and handling all the details. Thank you!

We were extremely cautious when purchasing a timeshare on the secondary market. SMTN and ** have been very patient and answered all of our questions. We even contacted the closing company to make sure that everything was on the up and up. Through all of this, ** was very understanding... after all it was our money and we had heard about so many scams related to timeshare re-sales. We can tell you with the utmost confidence that SMTN and Timeshare Closing Services (TSC) are reputable companies... So much so that we have purchased several timeshares using them and we have not had one issue.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband and I were very pleased how quick and easy it was to sell our Maui Schooner timeshare. We owned it for about 22 years. The team that sell my timeshare now kept updated and assisted us at all points of the sale. They helped us decide a selling price and with negotiation. A very pleasant experience! I would recommend them highly!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was convinced by sales rep I could fetch a hefty price for my timeshare based on recently sold comps. Be wary of working with these guys. They will tell you want to hear and your only refund is possible if you sell it somewhere else for the same price, which is next to impossible since they talk up your timeshare so much that you will list it for much more than you should expect to receive. I signed up in November 2016 and the only offer I received was from a company that would "take it off my hands" for no money so that I could avoid maintenance dues.

SMTN made the whole process so easy! They handled everything and lived up to their word. Despite some very slight hiccups, the process was smooth and went exactly as they promised. I highly recommend them!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Finally got my timeshare sold with the help of SellMyTimeshareNow. Wouldn't haven't been able to do it without them. Needed to sell the timeshare after a divorce and they made it so easy. Once the buyer was located, the closing was flawless. Easier than selling a house... at home.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Two years ago my wife and I contracted with SellMyTimeshareNow to sell our Timeshare in Maui (Marriott Maui Ocean Club). We had contacted other Time Share companies before, but just never had a good feeling about them. SellMyTimeshareNow was the first company that we actually used and we are glad that we did. The people who helped us were friendly and courteous. Together we worked out a good negotiated price for the property.

After signing up, I went to the website as a ‘prospective’ buyer to see what the ad looked like. I was highly pleased with the professional look of the ad and how it contained all the pertinent information. Being naïve to the process, we assumed that our time share would sell immediately. We remember in talking to the SellMyTimeshareNow professionals that they said it could take some time to sell, so be patient.

After a few months of not having any good responses, we contacted the folks at SellMyTimeshareNow. We remember them telling us, that at any time if we wished to change our listing price just to contact them and they would work with us. We set the price a little lower and had a few more interested parties. Finally a few months later we dropped the price again. In a short while we had an interested party that we were able to negotiate a selling price for. We are thankful that we were able to sell our property. Again, we would like to commend the people of SellMyTimeshareNow for their help and professionalism.

I was pleased with my overall experience with SellMyTimeshareNow. Jonathan was very helpful and stayed in continuous contact throughout the process. Although I did not get the price near what I would have liked, I believe I got what the market bore. And Jonathan helped manage expectation throughout. I would definitely recommend weightlessness to others.

I called SMTN a year ago asking them about my options. I own a Marriott Phuket Beach Club timeshare, which they said was a good value. They said I could expect to sell the timeshare in about 3 to 5 months depending on the asking price, and they estimated I would get between $10,000 and $14,000 for it. I didn't hear anything from the company for at least six months. Then I contacted them, and they said that I may need to lower the price to get offers. I did (it's now at $9,000) - still no offers. Not even one single information request! I think the whole thing is a scam. They have no incentive to sell, as they take the commission payment upfront. It's a complete waste of money. I'm surprised if I ever get rid of the timeshare.

Great team. Very knowledgeable and professional. Kept in touch as sale was handed from one department to the next. Timeshare sale went smoothly.

I am very disappointed with this services. I think they totally inflated the advice on what my time share would sale for. They said that I paid they would market it to buyers both domestically and internationally. Apparently this means that they throw your timeshare on their website and forget about it. I called 4 weeks in and was told "This is the slow time. Give it time and then you will see movement." I waited patiently. Again I have heard nothing from them. After 6 months I called them again. After leaving 3 messages over 4 days I finally got a call back. They offered no advice. I cut the cost in half to at least get my money out but still no movement. Be wary. I think this is a scam.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Please do not waste your time and money on this company! I have had my timeshare listed with them for almost 2 years now and have still never received one offer. I have called in and lowered the price 3-4 times and still nothing. I started the price out even well below what they told me "it was worth." I currently still have it listed well and I mean well below of what I paid for this and still nothing. They get your money as fast as possible and that is it. I have been in contact with them about this and they keep telling me "we sell timeshares all the time" and I honestly have not a clue how. I feel that all of the good reviews must come from their employees making fake reviews. Please please please do not make the same mistake I did!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

I contacted SellMyTimeshareNow, spoke with Ed ** Executive Consultant. www.SellMyTimeshareNow.net Tel. **. I was taken back because I've never had a reputable company argue with me as bad as Ed ** did. I was on the phone with him for over an hour. Explained up front to him I was trying to get my options on the table regarding my timeshare. Ed sent me an email with a video to watch and he gave a wonderful explanation about how the process works with his company that has been in business for 13 years. After the sales pitch was complete I asked Ed how much will this cost me. He claimed to be plugging the information regarding my timeshare into his system.

After a few moments he sent me another email with a contract attached. We read through the contract and the cost for the sale of my timeshare through them was going to be $1798 which would include the closing cost with Time Share Closing Services Inc a third party company. I asked Ed if he could give me a few days to think about this and to research SellMyTimeshareNow. Ed became agitated with me at this point.

He said he could send me a link through email with reviews, the link directed right to this website that I'm posting my review in. I still insisted that Ed give me a few days to do more research. He responded by asking why do I need more time to think about this. I told him $1700 is a lot of money to part with, without really knowing who my money is going to. I asked if they were listed with the BBB in Florida, he said yes but the link he sent me should be enough.

I said to him, "I don't understand why you're starting to harass me over two days". He said, "The price I'm giving you today will not be the same price in two days". I said, "Ok how much more with the new cost be", he said probably an additional $300.00. I replied, "Ok I'd be willing to spend that for the two days to research". Ed responded with "why do you need to research after the link I sent you". I explained in the past I had gotten a letter from my bank warning customers about a scam where their web link was being sent out to members but when you'd click the link it'd direct to a bogus website. Ed said he's never had anyone accuse him of sending out bogus links, then he proceeded to give me an IT lesson on how it is not possible to send a phony link to someone. I listened to him patiently and followed up with "well Ed all I'm asking for is two days".

He really became irate with me and he began to try to talk over me on the phone. I hung up on him, he immediately called me back and said I was being immature by hanging up on him. I said "well I'm not going to argue with you over spending 'MY MONEY.'" He still wanted to argue, again I hung up, He called me a third time... My husband answered the phone and Ed hung up on him without saying a word.

He called again and my husband answered again, Ed starts to be rude to my husband. My husband tells him, "Do not call my number again, we're not interested in selling our timeshare with you". Ed was not willing to let the call go, my husband asked, "Do you understand". Ed said he wasn't going to let my husband go until he said "goodbye". My husband said goodbye but Ed still wouldn't let him off the phone. At this point I hung up the phone for my husband because again I don't see any reason why we need to argue with a company to spend my money with them.

It was a long process to wait for someone to buy the timeshare. This company made it possible! They did a great job closing the deal.

Our experience relates specifically to selling Bluegreen timeshare points via SMTN. We were contacted by a very nice salesperson, who valued our holding at about $16-20,000. As their fees for this were $6,000, they must have been very persuasive! However, you can easily research what similar things are being offered, and what they actually sell for. In our case (and I stress that yours may be completely different): the median price per annual point for similar listings was $1.25; SMTN suggested we go for a price per annual point of $1.43, which put us at about the 60th percentile. We therefore didn't think this is an 'aggressive' price (which is what we had been promised).

But in any case, according to their own website figures, they had received offers on 89 similar properties this year. However, 57 (64%) of them were or $1,500 or less. The properties currently advertised were for a median of 8,000 annual points, so it looks like the price they are actually achieving is under $0.19 per point. For us, this would not even cover their fees. You can get the figures from ** and laboriously scroll through all the offers that have (ever) been made. You can sort by resort name, but even so you'll need a pencil and paper. It took us about an hour... Good luck (and yes, they have agreed a full refund).

Factual basis uncertain

Contacted this company. Spoke to ** who then passed me to ** who valued the time share at 17100£ but when I mentioned my mum was ill they decided we couldn't travel to office to complete sale but their partner company would happily get us out of the contract at high fees. Wonder who owns the timeshare then. Sounds very much like a dodgy company and don't believe the reviews about how quick people sold their timeshare through them. So my advice is don't pay this company a penny. Avoid them. They're parasites.

The service was very professional. They always answered question & concerns I might have had. Everyone was pleasant on the phone & easy to talk to. I would recommend Sellmytimeshare to anyone.

Resolution response: Nov. 15, 2016

I asked for a refund and because I asked within ten days from when I placed the ad, they agreed to give me a full refund.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I was advised by SellMyTimeshareNow that my 7000 points on Worldmark Multi-Destinations timeshare was worth $21,000 and he suggested I ask $23,000. I paid the $1,798 in good faith in order to list it. When I went to the SMTN website to see if my timeshare was listed I noticed the exact same number of points for sale for $2,625, and another for $3,000. I called them and emailed them but have had no reply.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

This company makes you think that you have finally found the way to get rid of your timeshare. They tell you that they sell thousands of them for people just like you. That they have so much success doing so. They even ask you what you want for your timeshare and then they tell you after looking at the market, you're pretty close to the market price and they should be able to sell it no problem.

Here's the problem. If they're so confident, why did they take over $3,000 from me upfront to sell them? They tell you that it covers everything to sell it, from closing costs to realtor fees, and it will be on their websites for as long as it takes with no additional fees. Well the reason for that is... BECAUSE IT NEVER SELLS!!!

I've lowered my price multiple times like they suggest and NOTHING. Because all they want is to get that huge fee upfront and be done with you. They have no interest in actually selling any of them. Why would they? They get all their money upfront. There is little to no incentive for them to actually sell them. Still waiting for a single offer.

I signed up to SMTN, paid the fee, listed my timeshares and have heard nothing in almost a year. I called them from overseas several times and didn't get a reply. I emailed and got a reply (!) that a representative would contact me shortly. They never did. There is absolutely no attempt being made by SMTN to SMT. They have given me no confidence that I will ever hear from them again.

Consumer Increased Rating!

SMTN should be investigated for fraud. They advertise that they guarantee the sale of your timeshare, but when the rubber meets the road, they will not refund your money no matter how you slice it. I listed our Wyndham Worldmark timeshare of 5,000 points and cleaning credit for the cheapest property per point out there and decreased the price five times since listing it and it still hasn't sold. I listed back in February and started at $3,500 and now we are down all the way to $1,750 which barely covers the cost of the $1300 to list it with them! I'm not even sure they actually do anything. The only thing you get is these fake announcements that someone is interested in your property, which I believe are a hoax.

The company is part of Vacations Innovations where you can 'dump' your timeshare for a fee of course on top of what you already paid them. Here's the catch on that: They have the nerve to charge even more than what you paid for your original listing to give away your timeshare to them for free! For FREE! Their listing prices are OUTRAGEOUS and they don't list on eBay or any other social media and not sure if anyone actually visits their website either. Terrible investment upon terrible investment. My advice is don't use them. It's a ripoff and it will not sell with them. Don't believe the sales pitch or the guarantee. They flat out cannot sell your property. Don't use SMTN. You will regret it.

So I signed up with sellmytimesharenow.com. They said they would help sell my timeshare. They had to check their system to see if they need my timeshare. So, they check and they only had 1 timeshare similar to mine. Now, I check out their website and they have a ton. So is this real? It's only been a few months.

SellMyTimeshareNow Company Profile