It's that easy Request Information
3.65/5
Based on 61 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SellMyTimeshareNow, LLC is the leading provider of timeshare resale and rental services in the vacation ownership industry. With over 5.5 million visits to its family of websites annually, SellMyTimeshareNow.com is the world’s most active online marketplace for the purchase and rental of timeshare interests. Let us help you sell your vacation ownership, purchase a timeshare, or book a rental for your next vacation!

350 SellMyTimeshareNow Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 16, 2018

In the beginning they were nice and professional. We had several conversations before I decided to place my trust and money with SellMyTimeshareNow (SMTN.com). After that I never heard from them again. Then after months of waiting I just defaulted on the timeshare. A waste of $1480 on SMTN. Before you give SMTN your money look at all the listings on their website that are just sitting there and have been for ages.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 14, 2018

This company has been my nightmare. They were very fast to take our fee upfront to sell out destination points. Promised great accessibility and service. Quoted what they said would be a going rate. Since listing and paying money (lots of it) we have had no communication either via email or client portal. I have attempted on numerous occasions to contact them... no response at all. Other companies have contacted us - one with an offer, still after further emails nothing. We are not in America and there is a big time difference so phone calls are difficult. If you need timeshare sales or purchase STAY away from these people. I have even asked for refunds, nothing, have told them I'd do this review... still nothing. Hope someone will read this and be saved from their deception.

Resolution response: June 26, 2018

Sell My Timeshare Now is ABOVE BOARD! After a discussion with Management, we were able to resolve this problem with an amicable and satisfactory solution. I'm happy with the results and I am amending my Review from One Star to Five Stars. Sell My Timeshare Now really cares about its Customers. Thank you, SMTN!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Not very happy with this experience. Had to pay UPFRONT money for "Listing." I thought it to be an EXCESSIVE amount but the SMTN Agent told me that I have a very desirable property and that I SHOULD NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEM in selling it. IT'S BEEN THIRTEEN (13) MONTHS and I've REDUCED the sale price several times. I only recently received ONE (1) OFFER which was $900 LESS than the already reduced price. We are presently occupying the Condo, but I told SMTN that I would ACCEPT the "Offer" immediately after we've used it this season.

I was told that it was an "Offer" and that they would have to approach the Offeror and see if they were still interested. My problem with SMTN is that I don't believe that they put any kind of effort into selling my Timeshare. Instead of SMTN, SELL MY TIMESHARE NOW, I propose that they change their name to SMTW, SELL MY TIMESHARE WHENEVER... My email communique from them, also, leaves much to be desired. WITH AN EXCESSIVE UPFRONT FEE, THEY WILL STILL CHARGE ANOTHER EXCESSIVE FEE AT THE ACT OF SALE, if there ever is one. If I could bail out now and receive a refund for all monies paid thus far, I would certainly do it! Beware and be forewarned!

Original review: June 8, 2018

Gave them $1500 to help me sell my timeshare. Everything was fine at first, but I have tried numerous times to get information from them. To no avail. I am in limbo. Don't know what is going on. I started at 20K, dropped it to 15K. Just e-mailed them again to drop to 12,500. No response. Is this a scam? I guess they like to take advantage of seniors. Shameful!!!

Updated on 07/20/2018: I complained before and it was resolved. However, again I get no communication with my rep. He called on 7/15 and left a message. I have called REPEATEDLY since then to no avail. I sent an email to customer care and still nothing. Frustrated to say the least. One day they are great and the next day you are forgotten. I guess as long as they get their money, that's all that matters. Very disappointed of late. I hope you can help.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I am pleased with the Customer Care Specialist at SellMyTimeShareNow who assisted in getting a refund from this company... The Gentleman I dealing with listened to my issues and worked with me to achieve a happy solution.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?

Original review: May 31, 2018

This company contacted me numerous times... dropped price. Drop from $3,000 to $2,000 for two timeshares. I have lowered my price...now they are telling me that they just track “inquiries”... was told originally that our properties were worth much more. I priced very low and have lowered the price. Big misrepresentation on what they were going to do for me. Don’t do it.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I would highly recommend SMTS for selling your timeshare. They did a great job in selling my Four Seasons week. They were very professional, seem to have a great understanding of the market and have a good inventory of potential clients. I would certainly use them again.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Working with this company and their Brokers has been great. They are knowledgeable and do a great job of bringing in buyers. I sold my timeshare at Marriott Mountainside at the full asking price. They helped with the closing and were very responsive to questions that I had as we went thru the sale and the Marriott review process.

Original review: May 26, 2018

We were told when listing our Timeshare and paying for this service that they would HELP with the sale and it would take 1-3 years. That was in 2010. We have had no movement but they have asked for more money for advertising. WORST EVER!!! Stay away. This is a scam at best. Thoroughly disgusted.

Original review: May 25, 2018

We owned a Timeshare for 15 yrs on the Maine Coast. After years of enjoyment we needed to sell. SellMyTimeshareNow assisted with the process since the buyer contacted them when they saw our listing. SMTN assisted with the entire process - even with the membership approval portion. The transaction was processed electronically which was good since the buyer was from outside USA. This was simple with no glitches. The staff at SMTN was courteous & patient. They were knowledgeable & always pleasant. I highly recommend SMTN to help sell your timeshare.

Resolution response: June 1, 2018

They have an excellent program of Customer Solutions Specialists that work with you to resolve the issues. I have a contact to work with who is not only responsive but has creative ideas to try. I haven't yet sold or rented by timeshare but have an ongoing dialogue to help work thru this. Hopefully I'll have resolution soon; but it would have been very difficult without the personal attention by this Specialist. My next post will hopefully be the sale of my timeshare. Good luck to all of you.

Original review: May 16, 2018

It seems that you'll either have a 5 star or 1 star experience, not much in between. I have the 1 star situation that I paid almost $3,000 & nothing has happened in 4 months. They won't respond or answer any of my emails or customer service submissions; I haven't had any offers for either my condo sale or rental. I'd like to try to dispute my credit card charge; I'll see if I can do it as I read another unhappy owner did which the charge was disputed & got money back. I agree with all the others who are kicking themselves by getting "suckered" into this scam!

Original review: May 14, 2018

I initially was looking for a company that can assist me in selling my Holiday Inn timeshare. I ran into this company and was initially contacted by a very pleasant customer service rep. He inquired about our property, conducted a "pre-qualifying" assessment which meant that whether they can take on our property or not. After a brief moment we were advised that our property is a hot commodity and they will be able to take the property on for posting it on their website. We were then transferred to a senior rep, ** who did the same routine of "pre-qualifying" us whether they can take us on or respectfully decline us. Again assuring the property is a hot commodity and we should not have a problem getting offers.

We were asked to pay $1598/US to secure their services. We were cautioned about the statements in red color from an email we received. A suggested price was discussed for an online advertisement. We were assured that our property is bound to get responses due to the location and competitive price. In a nutshell after 6 months we never received a single offer. Our online ad is a generic one where 50 other properties with the same ad are available on the same website. Yes, 50 properties for sale with much less values compared to ours. Any sane person will not pay for a higher amount when they can get the same thing for less value. Totally got duped by this con of a company.

Getting a hold of anyone is a hassle. At least 3-4 messages left before we can get a response. ** is very good with setting expectations regarding the value of your property and that you will be able to get offers very soon. I don't hold that against her because that is their job but I want to caution any future consumer to not fall for this as we can't do anything now. Desired Resolution: Full refund of the amount paid. We want our timeshare sold, not taken advantage of.

Original review: May 1, 2018

It was far long time for us to sell our timeshare and a simple Google search pulled up the SellMyTimeshareNow website. Skeptical on anything to do with timeshares, I hesitantly called and spoke to an agent who fully answered all my questions including "Why should I trust you?" He was able to explain the history of SMTN and refer me to sites to check out SMTN's credibility. Everything checked out and we started the process on getting the timeshare sold. I was able to call customer service and check in on the status of my account and talk about any updates or changes that should be made to my add to make it more attractive. It really didn't take long before I had an acceptable offer, check, and NO MORE TIMESHARE!! Don't waste your time or money, check out Sell My Timeshare Now. I'm convinced they can make you happy.

Original review: April 19, 2018

We listed our Valdora Timeshare with SellMyTimeshareNow, and we may have received advice to list it at a much higher price than it could apparently sell. When we finally realized we needed to lower our price to match what was selling, we began to get some action on our timeshare and from there, things went pretty smoothly.

Original review: April 19, 2018

For a fee, my timeshare Woodstone at Massanutten was listed for sale by SellMyTimeshareNOW, LLC. All hits and any offers were reported to me. Bottom line is that the website is popular among realtors and the prospective purchasers of timeshares. If anyone want to sell their timeshare, consider advertising with SellMyTimeshareNOW, LLC.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Ok. My experience is from the sales pitch. We did not fall for it. We had been in contact with another company that buys timeshares and ours did not make their cut, so they recommended SMTN to market our timeshare to sell on the open market. The representative had us watch their video then spoke to us about what they could do and what it would cost us. She did not promise how fast it would sell, but stressed that now is the peak time. What I am giving a 1 star for is for another outright lie. She told us they only had one unit comparable to ours that was listed for $24900. She told us they had received many offers for it with one being within $500 of asking price. This was a red flag.

No one is going to squabble over $500 on a timeshare resale. After being told it would be a $1798 fee, we told her we would sleep on it. We then went out to their website to search comparable units. We found the one for $24900 she told us about... and 15 others that were priced MUCH lower... some lower than their fees. The one she mentioned was a ludicrous outlier that will never sell at that price...not with others asking a fraction of that for same type unit at same resort. We dodged a bullet on this one!

Original review: April 18, 2018

I recently sold my timeshare with your company. Everyone was very helpful. My questions were answered promptly. I was always kept up to date on the progress of the sale. Timeshares are usually difficult to sell, I thank you for all of your help in selling mine.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Sold timeshare, the company did what they said they would do, unlike others who only list, and try to sell product. Expect 90 to 120 days to complete transaction and submitting paper - work several times.

Original review: April 3, 2018

From start to finish the process was very straightforward and transparent. After creating my ad/profile I simply responded to inquiries as they posted to me and ultimately the offers to purchase my timeshare. The sales group at SMTN helped me navigate the sales process, title transfers, etc., and communicated with me throughout the process.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I paid approximately $1800.00 for a listing on their site. My resort was at the Westin Cancun plus I offered 100,000 extra points. Not a word. Zip offers. 6 months later reduced offer by $ 2000.00. Again no calls. Zip offers. Suspect a scam. Be aware. Hard lesson to learn. Don't waste your money.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Total BS website for rentals. Advertised a rental in Oceanside, CA. I inquired. Never received a response. When I called they stated that "sometimes owners advertise and it can take years to delete the ad". Then they tried to sell me a timeshare. Really SMTN. Try being honest.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Paid $1800 and don't get any offers, though I'd low-balled the cost (according to SMTN). Eventually contacted my credit card company who refunded the 1800 (6 mos. or more after orig. purchase). SMTN didn't even dispute. They'd not taken down my ad so I called to complain and was then advised (likely BS) there were so many offers, they thought I was calling to thank them. I HAD NEVER BEEN ADVISED OF EVEN ONE OFFER! DO NOT GET SCAMMED! Save your money! DO RESEARCH!!!

Original review: March 13, 2018

WOULD GIVE NEGATIVE STARS IF I COULD. I can't believe we fell for this. We shouldn't have to feel at wit's end trying to get rid of the timeshare scam we got ourselves into. Now this. I should have researched more before agreeing to this. I feel so bad because I referred someone to SMTN and he hasn't gotten a single offer either. I dunno how we said yes so quickly. How could we fall for paying ahead of time. It should be like a real estate agent... no commission unless they make a sale. It costed us almost $3000 CAD. They said they only allow certain amounts of inventory of each property. They said there's room for ours. Looking at it now, there are 600+ in the same location. That's virtually impossible. They said we could start around $20,000 for our property and that there were 7 offers for similar properties in the same location in the past week (at the time of our phone consultation). There are a bunch up for $2,000.

How the heck can we compete with that. A FULL refund would be the only thing to make us happier about this SCAMMY COMPANY. If I knew all they did was post a few photos on a website, I would have never said yes. I can frickin post on Facebook for free. I have a large global network of business people and they will be sure to be aware of SellMyTimeshareNow. I will make sure they spread the word so no one gets caught by this company!

Resolution response: March 25, 2018

After posting my review, Sales Customer Support at SMTN called me. I appreciate the clarifications and advice I received about the market for my unit and the real estate process in the US. SMTN's representative said that he would have an active approach towards real estate brokers in his network. Hopefully this will attract an offer, and the unit is still on the market.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

My property has been on the market since January 2015! I was assured it would not take long because my property at Sheraton Vistana Villages was in high demand. The fee was paid upfront. No offers or actions at all in spite of recusing the price several times. The last and only response has been that SMTN has made a request to us asking if we would like TO PAY thousands of Norwegian Kroner to get rid of the property. Being in Norway we do not know if we are ripped off again. The agents at SMTN are polite but in my opinion they are not actively seeking a buyer for us.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

SellMyTimeshareNow is not what they seem. They tell you they are a marketing company. They put an ad on a website that only people desperate to sell their timeshares go to. We fell for it. We are an older couple and feel we were scammed. They charged us over $3000 to put our timeshares on a website that is really not a marketing tool. The representative called us and told us actual prices what our timeshares would sell for. We were excited when he gave us numbers to use in the ad. It was a dream that we could recoup anything. He said "Let me give you prices that these timeshares are currently selling for...". It wasn't a high price but we used what they told us.

There is no way you can contact them. I have tried to cancel these last three months. One of their representatives called us yesterday and they are not willing to work with you. My husband and I just sat last night and cried. We thought people were honest and not going to take advantage of elderly by their smooth tactics. We were fools. $3000 out of our budget really took a toll on us. Their phone call was harassing and insulting. I ended up shouting as their rep kept reading her reply to us.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

My wife and I were attempting to sell our timeshare on our own with little success so we looked into some timeshare sale companies. Most offer the same promises of a quick sale due to their excellent advertising campaign. We decided to go with SellMyTimeshareNow because they did not put a time stipulation on the our deposit to employ them. It took a little while to find the right buyer but we got a great price on the sale and more importantly, we are not under the burden of the ever-increasing timeshare maintenance fees.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I was promised that my timeshare would be sold in 3 months, given the asking price and location. I believed the Rep. I took money from my retirement to pay upfront cost. After they got my money, the Rep was no longer available to speak to me, I was handed off to customers service. Never received an inquiry re my property. I feel as if they made a fool of me. Lesson learned, don't get sucked in by sales promises. Wish I had read BBB first.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

We have decided to look for a timeshare resale after staying at the Divi Phoenix Aruba in the summer of 2015. After returning to the USA I had found SMTN.com just by doing a google search. I sent a inquiry about one of the listing and got a call back from one of the sales agents. He was very helpful and really listened to what I needed. He was able to find a resale at the resort we wanted for a price that worked for us. The closing team did a great job, all I had to do is follow the steps they provided and we had a timeshare in about 6 months. We have been very happy with our purchase, we are going to Aruba in a few weeks on using our timeshare for a second year. If you are looking to buy or sell a timeshare, I highly recommend SMTN.com.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Without the help from SMTN I am not sure if I could have sold my timeshare unit. Being Canadian and so far away it makes this task very difficult, with the help of SMTN most of the work was done for me. The only note I would highlight would be for the agent to know more about selling from Canadians, the tax that is charged approx. 35% has to be claimed through our Canadian Revenue.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

TWO YEARS my property has been on the market! I was assured it wouldn't take very long at all because my property was in high demand! I finally succumbed to the high pressure sales tactics-calling me numerous times a day. They painted such a beautiful picture of their company & what they could do for me! Their upfront fees were exorbitant but They promised I would be out of property in no time! I have had ZERO responses to my ad & I've dropped the asking price down almost 75% & still nothing! Not even a ridiculous offer - not even a view on my ad. WHAT A JOKE THIS COMPANY IS!

SellMyTimeshareNow expert review by ConsumerAffairs

SellMyTimeShareNow.com is a company that specializes in the reselling of timeshares. The company is based in Exeter, New Hampshire and Orlando, Florida, and they are currently the largest reseller of timeshares in the U.S.

• Large selection: Because SellMyTimeshareNow is the most popular reseller of timeshares, they have a huge selection of timeshares for sale, which means they'll most likely have something to meet the needs of most customers.

• Global exposure: The company operates in more than 218 countries, so people all over the world have access to their properties and services.

• Brand Partners: The site works with well-known and reputable brand partners, like Disney, Hilton, and Marriott, so customers can find properties that are guaranteed to be high quality.

• Professional customer assistance: The company has licensed real estate agents on staff to help customers pick and purchase the right timeshare option.

• CRDA membership: SellMyTimeshareNow.com is an active member of the American Resort Development Association, proving their reputation as an upstanding company.

• Best for: Travelers with a favorite vacation destination, large families, and young professionals with disposable income.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs