4.4/5 (111 ratings)

About SellMyTimeshareNow

SellMyTimeshareNow (SMTN) is an online marketplace that connects timeshare buyers, sellers and renters on a worldwide platform. The SMTN website has over 10,000 unique visitors daily, and the advanced search features make it easy to find opportunities whether you’re selling your timeshare or looking to buy or rent property.

Pros

• Sell or rent your timeshare
  • Find a timeshare to rent
  • Helps you reach a wider market

Cons

• Reviews mention complex contracts

Bottom Line

SellMyTimeshareNow is an active online marketplace that connects timeshare owners with people looking to buy or rent timeshare properties. The customer care team walks sellers through every step of the sale.

Top SellMyTimeshareNow Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?

Verified

We used SMTN.com to buy our new timeshare in Breck at a fraction of the cost of buying new through the resort. Communication between our sales rep and the rest of the team was won...

Verified

SellMyTimeshareNOW made the process quick and easy. Our biggest concern, not having sold a timeshare before, was that we would somehow fall victim to a scam. This obviously was no...

How does SellMyTimeshareNow work?

SellMyTimeshareNow puts your property in front of thousands of interested buyers and renters looking for a hassle-free timeshare buying experience. Whether you’re looking to sell your timeshare or rent it out, listing your property on SMTN puts it in front of the exact people who are looking for it.

Selling your timeshare

Sellers who can no longer afford to pay maintenance fees or don’t have the time to use their property can sell it to buyers who don’t want to participate in the traditional timeshare presentation process. SMTN gets your property in front of buyers in more than 200 countries. The company has no hidden fees and advertises a hassle-free closing process.

SMTN uses internet marketing techniques to target a global audience of customers. Thousands of buyers find its website through search engines like Google and Yahoo. SMTN also assists with closing and transfer services.

When you sign up with SMTN, your property is advertised on a listing page that lets you customize the description, pictures and ownership details. Through the owner dashboard, you can track and respond to messages and inquiries and connect with the customer care team.

Renting your timeshare

SMTN also connects owners with people looking to rent property. The average rental rate on SMTN is around $1,700. With average timeshare fees ranging from $1,000 to $1,200, renting out your timeshare can cover maintenance fees. Rental fees are discounted for owners who also list a property for sale on the SMTN website. Many sellers rent out their timeshare while they are waiting for it to sell.

SellMyTimeshareNow costs

The first step in selling your timeshare with SMTN is figuring out how much it is worth. The value of a timeshare property depends on different things such as:

• Ownership type
  • Usage frequency
  • Unit type and size
  • Points package

Customers can view a live offer feed to see how much other sellers are being offered for their properties. These numbers change constantly, but below are some examples of timeshare properties in popular resorts and their SMTN offers:

• Two-bedroom, two-bath suite at Sheraton Vista Villages in Orlando: $10,000
  • Two-bedroom, two-bath suite at Banyan Harbor in Hawaii: $6,000
  • Two-bedroom, two-bath suite at Coconut Bay Resort in Ft. Lauderdale: $1,500
  • One-bedroom, one-bath suite at Bluewater Resort in Hilton Head: $22,900

SellMyTimeshareNow FAQ

Is SellMyTimeshareNow a scam?
Sell My Timeshare is a legitimate company that specializes in timeshare resale and rental services. Some reviews state that SMTN does not always sell the property as quickly as it advertises and the contract can be confusing, but there are no hidden fees and customers have the option to cancel.
What does SellMyTimeshareNow do?
Sell My Timeshare connects timeshare owners with people who want to buy or rent a timeshare. It is an active online marketplace that uses innovative search engine optimization strategies to get available timeshare properties in front of qualified buyers.
Is Sell My Timeshare a legal company?
Yes. SellMyTimeshareNow is legal.
Is SellMyTimeshareNow safe?
There are always risks in investment properties, but STMN is not known to be an unsafe or fraudulent company.

Is SellMyTimeshareNow legit?

Yes. SMTN has helped thousands of sellers connect with qualified renters and buyers to assist timeshare owners sell their property. We recommend SellMyTimeshareNow for people looking to buy, rent or sell a timeshare property.

SellMyTimeshareNow Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?

Original review: July 21, 2022

I purchased a timeshare through this broker and was overall satisfied with the process. I was surprised that it took 148 days to close on the transaction but they told me that this was customary for this type of transaction. My only critique is when I was originally presented the offer we agreed upon the price however the paperwork showed a purchase price of $1000 more than our verbal agreement. The paperwork was corrected a day later but the purchase price is a very important aspect of any real estate transaction. For them to have a clerical error on such an important issue is a bit sloppy.

The closing company we worked with was fantastic and responsive. I was a little hesitant to buy a timeshare third-party but if the right opportunity comes up again I would buy another. I have already recommended on my timeshare now to family and friends as I am happy with the outcome. I saved over 50% compared to buying directly from Marriott.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 30, 2022

I listed my timeshare through SMTN and this relationship to sell my timeshare with the company took place over a three-year period. I had the privilege of working with their staff on several occasions that eventually led to the sale. The staff were very responsive to keep me informed of inquiries from potential buyers and to help process their questions. They also offered strategies, such as a reasonable sale price and ways to enhance interest in my listing. They were responsive to incorporating my suggested additions and changes to the listing, which occurred on several occasions. This interaction with the staff steadily improved the quality of the listing, which over the past year generated increased interest and inquiries.

When a buyer came forward with an offer a single designated staff member handled it very effectively. He facilitated the discussion of several questions from the buyer, normally addressing them within a 24 hour period. After I accepted the offer and addressed the questions the actual sale and transfer was smoothly handed over to the brokerage branch/company SMTN uses, Timeshare Closing Services. All of the forms and various closing requirements were completed surprisingly quickly, over the period of about two months. The instructions were clear and easy to follow, and the staff at Timeshare Closing kept me informed of what to expect and quickly addressed my questions. I was certainly impressed by the efficiency of both of these organizations and the ease of working with them. Thanks to all the staff that brought success to this effort.

Original review: June 13, 2022

I went to sellmytimesharenow.com likely from some other google search when I was in the market for a second timeshare. I saw there were quite a few offered at my desired location, so I entered my information to make an offer. I got a call from **, the next business day and he submitted the offer. Within a few days we were in escrow! This was August 2021. ** explained the process (slow) and costs very well. We ended up closing 11/19/2021, but I didn’t get any proof of this until paperwork got to me, over a month later. By then we were “in” my “even” year and I knew I owed some membership money and wanted to make my reservations. It took until Feb 11, 2022 for me to manage all of that. While I was the deeded “owner” it took Marriott a while to “recognize” me as such! Other than the time it took (which I had been warned about), I’m very happy and everything was smooth. Owen was very responsive, whenever I asked him anything!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

Hi, just a short note to talk about SMTN company. My comments will be in 2 parts, the company and the process. As far as the company, great service, especially my sales rep. **, he was always available to answer all my questions and I did have a lot. He answered with patience, knowledge and promptly, these days, that is rare. SMTN followed up with me and met all their commitments, what they said, they did, and that was much appreciated. Now the disappointing part, I purchased Embark-Diamond Resorts points, the process with SMTN started in May 2021, I am writing in February 2022 and I paid my points in full, but have not received anything to date, no confirmation from Diamond Resorts that I am the owner of the points.

I find it unacceptable, this is not SMTN’s fault, I believe that 2 things could be the problem, either Covid has hurt this process or Diamond Resort do not like when points are sold between people, I believe they want to have control as they make no money on the points, therefore creating prolong wait time. Obviously, I will think twice before purchasing this type of product again. I think that if you use the services of SMTN, you will be very happy with their professionalism, follow-ups but you had better be patient because who knows when you will benefit from your purchase. Again, thank you ** for your guidance through this process.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

I've worked with Sell My Timeshare Now (SMTN) several years to list and help me sell my Timeshare. They provided information that I needed to sell my unwanted timeshare. SMTN associates provided the input that I needed in a respectful, non-salesman -like conversation to help me arrive at a fair sales price.

They helped me develop the advertisement to be displayed on their website. Through their website, and via email, I received several initial notifications that the timeshare was being reviewed by potential buyers, but no serious offer was made. Then in June of 2021, I received a call from SMTN informing me of a serious buyer. We arrived at an agreeable sales price and I was able to sell the timeshare.

With the help of Ben Cochrane, and other SMTN associates, I received payment for the Timeshare. The sell was less than my asking price, but I no longer have annual maintenance fees around $1,000.00 per year. Forget about Ads on television and contact SMTN if you want to sell your your timeshare. Ask for Ben, he's the best!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

In March 2022, I reached out to SellMyTimeshareNow.com in an effort to offload my timeshare. I spent the $1,900 to have my timeshare advertised on their site and within a week it was live. Based on the sales pitch, I thought it would take 3-6 months to sell. It's January 2023 and I haven't had a single lead or buyer contact me. According to the sales rep, I priced my timeshare very competitively and was told I shouldn't have an issue selling it quickly. My fault for believing the sales rep.

I started digging into some of the stats I saw on the site and sent my sales rep this: "It says that there have been 375 offers to purchase or rent a {timeshare location} timeshare on your marketplace. Is that for all time? Or is that limited to a specific time? I'm wondering because there are currently 197 timeshares listed, which doesn't seem like it would help my cause to sell my ownership interest. Unless the turnover is high, then it might. I've run through about a fourth of the listings and calculated the dollar/point cost and my ad is on the lower end, which helps, but how do I keep my ad visible to potential buyers with so much inventory?"

He responded "You are price in a more than fair place. Most owners start higher and when you do that it will take an extend time to find a buyer, and most likely having to lower their asking price. Hilton is an A rated timeshare. You will be fine." After a week, I asked the rep how many views my ad had. He responded: "We do not track views we only track offers. When there is an offer on your unit you will get an email or phone call."

The agreement says, "We will provide you one online advertisement for each timeshare you advertise with us. The ad will appear on the Website... We may also use other advertising and marketing resources, which may include but are not limited to: websites, blogs, media releases, and social media sites. Your specific ad may not appear on these additional resource sites. Your advertising fee covers any additional efforts by us to increase its website visibility and/or promote timeshare resale advertisements."

So, I then asked the following questions: "What's the average time a timeshare takes to sell on SMTN's site? Are there active marketing campaigns that SMTN is performing to help timeshares sell?" The response was "The timeshare is being marketed on SMTN.com." Noting that my first question was NOT answered, I re-asked it: "Thank you! And what's the average time a timeshare takes to sell on SMTN?" To which he responded "There is no accurate average as every seller prices their unit very differently."

I continued to press the issue: "I get that, however, even in real estate, where every seller prices their home differently, there is still an "average" time on the market. Whether a home is above or below that "average" time on market depends strongly on how the seller prices their unit differently. Are you saying that SMTN has no metrics concerning the "average" time a listing takes to sell on SMTN's site?" He then responded "We do not track an average time on the market."

So, if you want to spend $1,900 to list your timeshare on a website with no further effort on their side to actually help you sell your timeshare, this is the advertising company for you. They do vigorously advertise that they have a lot of visitors to their site through this site: **. However, based on my experience, and their lack of effort to market my timeshare on "other advertising and marketing resources, which may include but are not limited to: websites, blogs, media releases, and social media sites", all of those visitors could really just be bots landing on the site to drive their visitor stats but because they aren't real people, real sales don't actually happen. This is my experience. If it helps someone else save their $1,900 to spend it on an advertisement that actually works, this review will be worth it.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

I am so grateful to have found SMTN to provide the guidance and expertise when I decided to purchase a timeshare. Purchasing a timeshare is an important decision and it takes time to go from negotiation to closing. I highly recommend the team at SMTN. They will get you to the finish line with confidence and leadership.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2022

Selling a timeshare is always a complicate affair. Specially if you live abroad or aren't confident in so many passages that's are easy only when you buy an unit. SMTN gave me an excellent service and got the money they promised. Definitely a five star service.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

The process can sometimes be long and frustrating as a result, but there was always someone at SMTN available to answer my questions and was willing to do so. They were always professional and gave me correct answers to my often similar questions. I feel indebted to them and highly recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

They took care of everything. Were professional and responsive. Did not mislead and were easy to work with. No surprises and closed faster than projected. They answered questions I had and reclarified in writing when asked. I never felt uncomfortable working with them

SellMyTimeshareNow Company Information