4.6/5 (171 ratings)

About SellMyTimeshareNow

SellMyTimeshareNow (SMTN) is an online marketplace that connects timeshare buyers, sellers and renters on a worldwide platform. The SMTN website has over 10,000 unique visitors daily, and the advanced search features make it easy to find opportunities whether you’re selling your timeshare or looking to buy or rent property.

Pros

• Sell or rent your timeshare
  • Find a timeshare to rent
  • Helps you reach a wider market

Cons

• Reviews mention complex contracts

Bottom Line

SellMyTimeshareNow is an active online marketplace that connects timeshare owners with people looking to buy or rent timeshare properties. The customer care team walks sellers through every step of the sale.

Top SellMyTimeshareNow Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We used SMTN.com to buy our new timeshare in Breck at a fraction of the cost of buying new through the resort. Communication between our sales rep and the rest of the team was won...

Verified

SellMyTimeshareNOW made the process quick and easy. Our biggest concern, not having sold a timeshare before, was that we would somehow fall victim to a scam. This obviously was no...

How does SellMyTimeshareNow work?

SellMyTimeshareNow puts your property in front of thousands of interested buyers and renters looking for a hassle-free timeshare buying experience. Whether you’re looking to sell your timeshare or rent it out, listing your property on SMTN puts it in front of the exact people who are looking for it.

Selling your timeshare

Sellers who can no longer afford to pay maintenance fees or don’t have the time to use their property can sell it to buyers who don’t want to participate in the traditional timeshare presentation process. SMTN gets your property in front of buyers in more than 200 countries. The company has no hidden fees and advertises a hassle-free closing process.

SMTN uses internet marketing techniques to target a global audience of customers. Thousands of buyers find its website through search engines like Google and Yahoo. SMTN also assists with closing and transfer services.

When you sign up with SMTN, your property is advertised on a listing page that lets you customize the description, pictures and ownership details. Through the owner dashboard, you can track and respond to messages and inquiries and connect with the customer care team.

Renting your timeshare

SMTN also connects owners with people looking to rent property. The average rental rate on SMTN is around $1,700. With average timeshare fees ranging from $1,000 to $1,200, renting out your timeshare can cover maintenance fees. Rental fees are discounted for owners who also list a property for sale on the SMTN website. Many sellers rent out their timeshare while they are waiting for it to sell.

SellMyTimeshareNow costs

The first step in selling your timeshare with SMTN is figuring out how much it is worth. The value of a timeshare property depends on different things such as:

• Ownership type
  • Usage frequency
  • Unit type and size
  • Points package

Customers can view a live offer feed to see how much other sellers are being offered for their properties. These numbers change constantly, but below are some examples of timeshare properties in popular resorts and their SMTN offers:

• Two-bedroom, two-bath suite at Sheraton Vista Villages in Orlando: $10,000
  • Two-bedroom, two-bath suite at Banyan Harbor in Hawaii: $6,000
  • Two-bedroom, two-bath suite at Coconut Bay Resort in Ft. Lauderdale: $1,500
  • One-bedroom, one-bath suite at Bluewater Resort in Hilton Head: $22,900

SellMyTimeshareNow FAQ

Is SellMyTimeshareNow a scam?
Sell My Timeshare is a legitimate company that specializes in timeshare resale and rental services. Some reviews state that SMTN does not always sell the property as quickly as it advertises and the contract can be confusing, but there are no hidden fees and customers have the option to cancel.
What does SellMyTimeshareNow do?
Sell My Timeshare connects timeshare owners with people who want to buy or rent a timeshare. It is an active online marketplace that uses innovative search engine optimization strategies to get available timeshare properties in front of qualified buyers.
Is Sell My Timeshare a legal company?
Yes. SellMyTimeshareNow is legal.
Is SellMyTimeshareNow safe?
There are always risks in investment properties, but STMN is not known to be an unsafe or fraudulent company.

Is SellMyTimeshareNow legit?

Yes. SMTN has helped thousands of sellers connect with qualified renters and buyers to assist timeshare owners sell their property. We recommend SellMyTimeshareNow for people looking to buy, rent or sell a timeshare property.

SellMyTimeshareNow Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?

Original review: June 30, 2022

I listed my timeshare through SMTN and this relationship to sell my timeshare with the company took place over a three-year period. I had the privilege of working with their staff on several occasions that eventually led to the sale. The staff were very responsive to keep me informed of inquiries from potential buyers and to help process their questions. They also offered strategies, such as a reasonable sale price and ways to enhance interest in my listing. They were responsive to incorporating my suggested additions and changes to the listing, which occurred on several occasions. This interaction with the staff steadily improved the quality of the listing, which over the past year generated increased interest and inquiries.

When a buyer came forward with an offer a single designated staff member handled it very effectively. He facilitated the discussion of several questions from the buyer, normally addressing them within a 24 hour period. After I accepted the offer and addressed the questions the actual sale and transfer was smoothly handed over to the brokerage branch/company SMTN uses, Timeshare Closing Services. All of the forms and various closing requirements were completed surprisingly quickly, over the period of about two months. The instructions were clear and easy to follow, and the staff at Timeshare Closing kept me informed of what to expect and quickly addressed my questions. I was certainly impressed by the efficiency of both of these organizations and the ease of working with them. Thanks to all the staff that brought success to this effort.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

Hi, just a short note to talk about SMTN company. My comments will be in 2 parts, the company and the process. As far as the company, great service, especially my sales rep. **, he was always available to answer all my questions and I did have a lot. He answered with patience, knowledge and promptly, these days, that is rare. SMTN followed up with me and met all their commitments, what they said, they did, and that was much appreciated. Now the disappointing part, I purchased Embark-Diamond Resorts points, the process with SMTN started in May 2021, I am writing in February 2022 and I paid my points in full, but have not received anything to date, no confirmation from Diamond Resorts that I am the owner of the points.

I find it unacceptable, this is not SMTN’s fault, I believe that 2 things could be the problem, either Covid has hurt this process or Diamond Resort do not like when points are sold between people, I believe they want to have control as they make no money on the points, therefore creating prolong wait time. Obviously, I will think twice before purchasing this type of product again. I think that if you use the services of SMTN, you will be very happy with their professionalism, follow-ups but you had better be patient because who knows when you will benefit from your purchase. Again, thank you ** for your guidance through this process.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

I've worked with Sell My Timeshare Now (SMTN) several years to list and help me sell my Timeshare. They provided information that I needed to sell my unwanted timeshare. SMTN associates provided the input that I needed in a respectful, non-salesman -like conversation to help me arrive at a fair sales price.

They helped me develop the advertisement to be displayed on their website. Through their website, and via email, I received several initial notifications that the timeshare was being reviewed by potential buyers, but no serious offer was made. Then in June of 2021, I received a call from SMTN informing me of a serious buyer. We arrived at an agreeable sales price and I was able to sell the timeshare.

With the help of Ben Cochrane, and other SMTN associates, I received payment for the Timeshare. The sell was less than my asking price, but I no longer have annual maintenance fees around $1,000.00 per year. Forget about Ads on television and contact SMTN if you want to sell your your timeshare. Ask for Ben, he's the best!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I heard from one of the sharks on Shark Tank that this was a real business that DID help people share their timeshares. She was right. However... Anyone selling their timeshare needs to have realistic goals and be committed to selling. SMTN suggested I start out listing at a 2 thousand dollars to see what response I got. Note that I paid $15K (in 1994) for the thing, so for some sellers, that might be a tough pill to swallow. I already knew that I was not going to get back NEARLY what I paid for it and I was determined to sell it and get out from the ever-increasing yearly dues.

In the end, it sold for $100 and it took more than a year to complete that sale. BUT, IT DID GET DONE. Other than the fact that it took a long time (not the fault of SMTN) and that I ended up paying more to sell it than it was worth (again, IMO, not the fault of SMTN - timeshares are fun when you purchase them, but terrible investments in the long run), it was a relatively painless process.

Everyone I worked with at SMTN was professional and helpful. Note that I listed my TS in Sept of 2020 at the height of COVID when vacations were being postponed by many many people. Not a great time to be selling. A buyer was found in mid-2021 and the sale was completed at the end of 2021 (the TS sale process is slow, in general as I was told, but required little attention from me other than attending to the associated paperwork). I would definitely recommend SMTN to anyone committed to getting out of their timeshare. They will simplify the process for you and be patient with you for what could be a sales process that takes 1-2 years.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Having participated in Wyndham Discovery I have enjoyed several high quality hotels in such cities as Las Vegas, Orlando, Atlantic City, Puerto Rico's, and National Harbor. After averaging about how much it's ruined with calls without Discovery I estimate I would have paid 5 to $6000 for all the rooms With kitchens and Jacuzzi tubs, nice living rooms pool, gyms, tv's, very nice rooms. I will not deny that. So I figured I could continue to go with Wyndham time shares.

However buying a Wyndham timeshares from Wyndham gets can't be very expensive. For example for 80000 points Cost about $20000 That you pay with interest over a number of years whatever so basically they give you a loan for $20000 to buy this timeshare and then put interest on top of that, plus maintenance fees And your interest is conducive on your credit score It's all very predatory. So you're probably saying why go with Wyndham. Well I didn't. I went with Sell My Timeshare. On sell my timeshare I bought a timeshare for About $4500 From people who were with Wyndham and received 366000 points. So 80000 biannual points, plus interest and maintenance or 366000 point annually for 4500.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

Sometimes confusing with different agents calling. Had to follow up on a few things while waiting for final payment. Surprised at agent's commission. Not discussed when I signed up for service. I take responsibility for that. All in all, am satisfied timeshares are sold and I have received my payments in full.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

I acquired a timeshare in Breckenridge through SMTN. They were very pro-active and helpful. The agent I worked with, **, was excellent. I am very satisfied with their service. I recommend using them if you are interested in acquiring a timeshare and would use them again myself.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

J ** made it seem like it was doable and easy to get out of the timeshare. She took the money and hardly ever responded, never tried to sell the timeshare or help us. Do not use more money with companies that are not honest. Do your research and hire an attorney, this company only wants your money.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

Since I listed in early 2019 (3 years) and paid in advance, I haven't received a single inquiry, let alone an offer. NO FOLLOW UP from them except once to donate it. Reduced price multiple times, still no inquiry. Recently sent multiple emails and got no response. So, I called & reduced the price again to LOWEST in their Inventory of similar product. I am disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

SellMyTimeShare got me out of my timeshare without much of an effort and headache. The whole process from start to finish went smoothly and everything was explained all up front. No hidden costs and no gimmicks. Highly recommend them to help you get out of your timeshare nightmare!

SellMyTimeshareNow Company Information