It's that easy Request Information
3.14/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SellMyTimeshareNow, LLC is the leading provider of timeshare resale and rental advertising and marketing services in the vacation ownership industry. With over 5.5 million visits to its family of websites annually, SellMyTimeshareNow.com is the world’s most active online marketplace for the purchase and rental of timeshare products. Let us help you sell your vacation ownership, purchase a timeshare, or book a rental for your next vacation!

SellMyTimeshareNow Gallery (5)
View More View More

418 SellMyTimeshareNow Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 14, 2019

This was not our first rodeo. We have been scammed and we have been slammed. Selling a timeshare is not easy. We have lost a few thousand dollars in "trying" to sell our timeshare. The last venture was trading it for a vacation club where we would owe them money after we transferred our property to them. That led us to outright donating it to a charity. A woman at the charity told us NOT to donate it as it was too valuable a property (4 bedroom lockout on the Vegas Strip). She gave us the number of a gentleman from SMTN and we were invited to put it up for sale once more for a fee that we figured was another rip-off.

Four weeks later it was under contract and a few months later, it was sold and we had a check in hand. It was seamless and easy and there was ALWAYS somebody on the other end of the whole process that told us what was going on, where we were in the process, how much time to expect the process to take and they understood that we were taking a huge loss by the sale so they were very gentle. I would seriously recommend them to anyone selling a timeshare but especially the more expensive exclusive ones like ours. Our children did not want it and we are getting to that age where we may leave this life at any time so we wanted to unload it before that time came to protect our children. We are very satisfied with the process.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I purchased a timeshare unit in January 2018 through SellMyTimeshareNow and everything was processed as expected. There were no problems with the closing, and my timeshare unit was transferred properly. In my case, I purchase a unit located at the Holiday Inn Vacation Club at South Beach, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. We visited this site in October 2018 and the facility met our expectations. Very nice! We were current members of HIVC, and we were able to add this timeshare unit to our existing account, which about tripled our points available at only about 15% of the cost we had paid for our original unit. The SMTN people that we conversed with were very responsive and helpful in negotiating our transaction. We would highly recommend using SMTN.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Our family purchased a group of timeshares through the 1980-90s. As the family dynamic has changed over the years with the passing of our father and declining health of our mother, the timeshares are no longer a priority of the family. SellMyTimeshareNow has been a very good source for us in selling off our interests. Their communication with us has been very good, frequently sending us updates of any of the pending sales, always available for questions we may have, and very good at returning calls and emails. We have been impressed with their marketing and customer service systems, as they have been so effective from their Florida base and ours in Oregon.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I was having trouble marketing my timeshare to find a legitimate buyer when I found Sell My Time Share Now. Their staff is friendly and professional and also knowledgeable. They work with only the most reputable Time Share properties, and they guaranteed that my timeshare would sell in 12 months or less and they were right. Using their service enabled interested buyers to find my timeshare, and feel comfortable they were dealing with a reputable company. SMTN also ensured that only qualified buyers were connected with me, which was a huge concern for me. I would definitely recommend this company to help sell your timeshare property to ensure that you are working with professionals who know how all the ins and outs and who can handle the myriad details and complexities involved in selling a timeshare property.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

SMTN is an outstanding company, at first I was a little hesitant to do business over the phone when it comes to my money. You couldn’t ask for a more honest, professional, organized company in the business. My agent has been awesome, SMTN is blessed to have an employee like her. I purchased my first timeshare back in February, the way I was treated was so great I decided to buy another one. As of today I’m working on my third one, I cannot find anything negative to write about. I would call my agent my friend and the company is rated #1 in my book.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 17, 2019

Hi: As of many of you, I also paid nearly $2,000 dollars for their advertising sales service on November 2018. To date May 2019 I haven´t received any inquires, offers or anything at all. It's been six months and nothing. They told me I was going to be able to sell it in three months tops. Now I find it to be a scam, so I propose to everyone in my situation or similar, to come together and sue them in a class action to be fully refunded plus other personal damages and all legal expenses. If you are interested in doing this, please contact me at **.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I use their service on 2017 and make an agreement with E. **. He told me that he will help to follow up if there is buyer. It has been almost 2 year and there is no follow up even once. I call and leave a message even send an email but no response at all. They contact you and help you until they get the money. They got the money and they will leave you without any progress. I still have all the email and massage with E. ** until now for the record. Really poor in service and since they ignore me, I guess they are scammer, so be aware and careful with fake review.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I paid the fee for listing and was assured that the people who discredit this site were just not decreasing the price and that was why they gave bad reviews. It turns out that the people saying that SMTN cannot help, are correct and SMTN are just taking your money. I had a timeshare in St Thomas at the Marriott. No one wants timeshares; Deed it back to the management company and save yourself some money.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I have 2 timeshares, one in Branson, MO and one on Mille Lacs Lake in MN. After giving SMTN (SellMyTimeshareNow) several thousand dollars many years ago, and dropping the prices to a ridiculously low level, all we hear is promises of selling. Do not count on the BBB as a credible source either. If you were looking to buy a timeshare SMTN does not advertise to where anyone could easily find a timeshare to purchase. In short, they take your money and you get an empty promise in return.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Very responsive to both phone and emails. Although a sale didn't happen quickly (not expected due to product), there were several "bites" that were quickly followed up on. Sale was seamless and all staff efficient and competent. Would highly recommend their company and service.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I spoke with a salesperson at SMTS. They sold me on results. I received 2 emails with interest then nothing else. I paid $1400.00 for nothing. I still have this timeshare that I don’t want. I feel I was duped by this company. You’re better off just walking away from the timeshare than putting more money into it.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I contacted SMTN to sell my HGV timeshare in March 2017. They analysed my timeshare and finally gave me a price indication at which I could sell my timeshare: This was simply a lure. I actually paid around $1,500 to put my timeshare on their website, setting the price slightly lower than their advice, but it turned out I got no offer or contact with them. 2 months later, I then decided to decrease by almost 50% the selling price (and they correctly updated it on their website), but still got no offer. My advice: Do not trust them, as prices are way above the market to simply get you in.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I do not recommend this service if you have a marginal timeshare of little value, like the week we own at Eagle Point in Vail. I should have just paid the resort what they were asking to take the unit back (notice I have to pay them to take it off my hands). SMTN can't sell something that even the resort operators won't take off your hands for nothing. The SMTN salesman totally over-represented what they could do, and for about $1500 they posted an ad at a price they recommended. After that, zero communication. After that, I lowered the price to nearly nothing, and still nothing. Using round numbers $1500 is about what Eagle Point will charge to take the week off our hands.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I feel like I paid $1700 for a glorified Craigslist ad. So far two expressions of interest and one offer of $200.00! That does not even cover the maintenance fee of $800 and I left the 2019 booking open for the new owner to book. It is a floating oceanfront red week at a premium resort and I’m currently asking a reasonable $3500. I feel duped. The SMTN agent suggested listing at $16,500 when I listed in early January. A far cry from $200! No results after 3 months. So far I’m not impressed to say the least!

Original review: March 23, 2019

From beginning to end the entire SMTN team was totally professional and courteous. Not only would I recommend someone, but I have also already recommended a friend of mine to SMTN. The only thing I would recommend, that I would be given a little more info on how long it takes to get your final check, once you have a buyer. I definitely would use them again. Thanks for the great service.

Original review: March 19, 2019

A few days ago I talked to a gentleman in Customer Service regarding questions & concerns with selling my property through SellMyTimeshare. I was impressed with the amount of time he took in listening to my questions & how thoroughly he answered them respectfully. It was a pleasure talking to this gentleman because it was very apparent to me he genuinely cared. No doubt I will deal with Customer Service again regarding the sale of my property & I look forward to dealing with them again.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I spoke with SellMyTimeshareNow to place my Club Wyndham access on sale for their site. They assured me that they were a honest and reputable business but they only sold me on a number of lies and false advertisement. They told me that they work multiple deals everyday selling timeshares for owners and that my timeshare would sell within a matter of days to weeks. Additionally, I had extra bonus points on my club wyndham account which they said would entice potential buyers and allow me to sell my time even faster and that they offer titling services to assist with the timeshare transfer.

Apparently, they make these blatant claims without understanding any timeshares and how they work before getting a customer to pay thousands of dollars to simply list an ad on their website. They offer zero assistance with marketing your timeshare or finding potential buyers, all your thousands of dollars do is create a generic ad that looks the EXACT same as all other ads with zero added effort from them to push your timeshare and find any potential buyers.

Club Wyndham does not allow any transfers of extra bonus points (which SellMyTimeshareNow should have known before making these outrageous claims) and Club Wyndham title transfers are a simple straightforward process that doesnt require any additional third party titling service (so when SellMyTimeshareNow claims that they offer a $599 coupon towards a titling fee, that's a blatant lie when all you have to do is pay Club Wyndham the $299 transfer fee and they will place the title in the new owners name).

They engage in dishonest business by not understanding the timeshares they claim to be experts in selling and advertising and will lie to you on what points you are allowed to transfer and offer no assistance in helping you determine the true market value of your timeshare. They will say you can list your timeshare for any amount and that it is a good price so you can sell your timeshare for $30,000 or even $300,000 and they will just say that is a great price to sell at and you will get many offers when in reality, your timeshare may only be worth $15,000. They say all this to entice you to give them your hard earned money just to create a tasteless, bland, and mediocre ad that looks no different from others and post thousands of them on their websites which doesnt even offer potential buyers any information on what timeshares are good to purchase.

I have called and requested a refund from their services and am currently awaiting a decision from their financial services department which customer relations will not even provide me with a number to speak with a real person. I plan on submitting an additional complaint to the better business bureau to stop them from scamming more people out of thousands of dollars.

Original review: March 6, 2019

There are way too many options as to how one goes about selling a timeshare. After several attempts I went to Sell My Timeshare now. In general the experience was what I had encountered with other options. After some time I did receive an offer which I countered. We settled somewhere in the middle which meant that the difference between what I paid SMTSN and what I received was about +$300 in my favor. Marriott striped in and purchased the time share week. They then waited for the taxes to be deducted. So, I received less. Now I find that I will be taxed on a sale of $3500! Over twice what I actually received. Not sure any other avenue would have been better. My conclusion - the entire concept has been set up for corporate gain. I will not engage in this scheme again.

Original review: March 6, 2019

We made the mistake of purchasing a timeshare in the first place. We thought we would try to sell it on SMTN. As with others it was $1798.00 for them to put the extra “effort and time” into getting it listed. We were given the song and dance of lots of buyer and the market is looking good to sell. There is no follow up from them whatsoever. I even called asking about selling a timeshare after it being for sale for two years already and got the same song and dance.

When I told them I have one already for sale they suggested lowering the price "AGAIN". They continued to call for two more weeks asking if I was still interested in selling it. They thought it was another one for sale trying to get another $1800 easy sucker dollars. We have lowered the price number ours times and are currently at half the price we initially listed it for. We just want out of this thing. We have had ours listed for nearly 3 YEARS!! Do not waste your time with this company. Can understand why these places have such turn over of employees because at some point they get a consensus and feel bad for ripping people off.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I listened to ** sales pitch... About how they could sell my timeshare to get me out of the monthly fees I had. They talked to me about the price and said it’s the perfect time of the year to list it as they sell super quick at the end of the year. They told me the fee was over $2000, but since I was referred to them it would be $1798. I paid these people almost $1800 and haven’t gotten a single thing. I have dropped the price thousands and still nothing. They don’t reach out at all. I have reduced the price a couple of times. Of course in the beginning they assured me that my original price was an easy sell.

I wanted to sell my timeshare because we are retired and this is an expense we could do without. We are at the age that traveling is not an option. I just want my money back since they didn’t sell it and aren't trying to sell it. I could have listed it on a website like they have. Wouldn’t recommend them to anyone unless you like not seeing any results and giving your money to them for NO ACTION on their part. No calls or updates. Just check the timeshares they have listed.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Don't pay upfront fees to sell timeshare, this was a waste. I received more inquiries from eBay. They sell a great story but no results. No communication. Just give us more money and they to get rid of your timeshare by trying find a buyer, that's what the $1,500 was for.

Resolution response: Feb. 28, 2019

Spoke with customer care today at SMTN (**) and found that the rep had called me back but didn't leave messages so I didn't know that he called. I feel better about SMTN now. They are going to respond to the sales team with recommendations about leaving messages for customers like me who screen calls.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I contacted them about selling my timeshare. They sent me an email with a telephone number. I called, we chatted about the timeshare. The rep whose name was **, told me to watch their video and then call back at an arranged time. I did so but no answer. I called 3 more times no answer, no callback. I would NOT recommend this company. Extremely poor customer service.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I purchased a 2 bedroom unit for week 12 at the Bay and Beach Club on the Bay side, on the 4th floor. The rep I dealt with was Zach **, very responsible and efficient, answered all my questions. I am pleased.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I spoke with ** and she was fantastic, she explained what no one else did about the reason to call in every 4 to 6 weeks and check on our price to sell and also rental of our properties while we are trying to sell. She is the only person to really care about us and actually contact us. She is a tremendous asset to your company.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

We sold our timeshare in the U.S.A. through the SellMyTimeshareNow company and were quite satisfied. There were no complications or problems with the process even though we live in Canada. They sent all the required forms via e-mail so we were able to print them, sign and return in good time.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I started with SellMyTimeShareNow July 13, 2018. They told me that my timeshare was in a desirable location and it could take 3-6 months to sell. I paid $749 for SellMyTimeShareNow to advertise the timeshare for $19.5. I let the representative I was working with know that I was an eager seller, not looking to make money, and willing to negotiate. August 16, 2018, after not receiving any offers I went down on the price to $16.5, still working with the same representative. October 18, 2018, still no offers I went down to 14, 750, still working with the same representative.

December 14, 2018, still no offers I went down to 14,075, and the representative emailed me and asked that I contact customer service for further assistance (December 06, 2018). Apparently I was calling him to often and questioning why my timeshare wasn't selling. January 04, 2019, I called customer service and decreased the price again to $13.5. January 25, 2019, I called to refresh my ad. I have never received one call or email regarding interest in the purchase of my timeshare. I am a very proactive seller. I am willing to negotiate. I am not looking to make a buck. You be the judge...

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I was directed to smtn.com in November of 2018. I listened to what they were selling about how they could sell my timeshare to get me out of the debt I had. They talked to me about the price and said it’s the perfect time of the year to list it as they sell super quick at the end of the year. They told me the fee was over $2000, but since I was referred to them it would be $1798. I paid these people almost $1800 and haven’t gotten a single thing. I have dropped the price thousands and still nothing. They don’t reach out at all unless you call them demanding your money back, and then they offer you ways to try to sell it. I wanted to sell my timeshare because it costs me so much and I don’t use it, and now it’s cost me even more. I just want my money back since they didn’t sell it “like hot cakes”. Wouldn’t recommend them to anyone unless you like not seeing any results. Their solution is always “Be patient. The busy season is coming."

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Updated on 01/31/2019: I received an email on January 28th from SMTN customer service rep Stephan. He was very nice stating that he, as a licensed real estate agent can assist and facilitate rental transactions. What that equated to was that he would reach out to potential renters on our behalf, send out the rental agreement to both parties, and the collection of funds for the rental. SMTN would pay 50% of the rental up front and the remaining 50% once we have checked out. Also stated was that there are NO GUARANTEES, the reservation is NON REFUNDABLE and NON TRANSFERABLE and CANNOT be cancelled.

NO trip insurance here folks. Stephan did mention that SMTF is a "For Rent By Owner" site and if I would like to utilize his service of reaching out to the persons renting out their timeshare, there is a fee of $195 in addition to what the rental costs. Please note that this $195 fee is not disclosed in the auto reply email that you receive when you place in inquiry for a rental. The auto generated email leads you to believe that if and when you call SMTN customer service because the owner of the property didn't reply back that SMTN would reach out to them for you. So since this service is optional, I elected to take my chances and continue to reach the owners myself.

I also wondered if this fee was disclosed to those owners putting their timeshares up for rent on the site. I am certain they are being charged to put the ad on the site. I hope they don't think SMTN is going to include referring potential renters to them and that the referral service is included when they place the ad on the website. However, I would imagine going by SMTN track record there is most likely vague verbiage that eludes to that. I'm still leaving my rating at two stars simply because I didn't get an answer from customer service until after I placed this review, how coincidental and because of SMTN lack of transparency.

Updated on 01/26/2019: After I placed my initial review, not but an hour or so later I received a call from a woman by the name of Iris Customer Service Supervisor from SMTN. She apologized for the miscommunication and further stated that her company had undergone a change in the phone system and that she would look into why that particular contact number (855) 849-2025 was not working correctly.

Iris gave me two more contact numbers to use to reach them. She stated that their company prides itself on customer service and they will have one of her representatives reach out. She further stated that with the Martin Luther King holiday they were backed up with requests and that is why I had not heard from them almost a week later. She also asked that I update my review to show I have been contacted, as upper management closely watches how their customer service is handled. I did receive a phone message that same day and an email from the representative Stephan stating he would be glad to help with our rental we were looking for. By the time I had got home from work he unfortunately had left for the day, so I called today and left a voice mail for him. So I guess we will see where this goes

Original Review: This company advertises that they rent and sell timeshares. I was very interested in renting out a timeshare for our summer vacation. I submitted numerous inquires via their website and called at various time of the day on different days only to be greeted by a voice recording. This voice recording said "your call is very important to us, please hold for the next available person". Well you can wait until the cows come home. No one answers.

Next thing you know the recording changes to "We are sorry we missed your call, you have either called outside of our business hours (which I have not) or we are with other customers (which they are not)." Looks to me like this business is a scam. BUYER/RENTER BEWARE!!! Go through a legitimate real estate agent or through the resort themselves. Save your self the aggravation!!! NOTE: You have to rate this business to get the review posted... I really didn't want to give them any stars at all, that is why there is one star.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Thank you for selling my timeshares. The process from start to finish was everything you said it would be and more. I was kept in the loop from one step to the next and they sold sooner than anticipated. Look forward to your company helping me with my last timeshare. I would recommend you to others with no hesitation. Thank you.

No response received
Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

4 years and still have the timeshare: We tried to sell our timeshare. We had to contact them to see how things were going. They didn’t contact us. Once they got their money they no longer talked to us. When we called they told us to keep lowering the price in order for it to go on the top of their list to be sold. Do not recommend this company.

SellMyTimeshareNow expert review by Lisa Ann Schreier

SellMyTimeShareNow.com is a company that specializes in the reselling of timeshares. The company is based in Exeter, New Hampshire and Orlando, Florida, and they are currently the largest reseller of timeshares in the U.S.

• Large selection: Because SellMyTimeshareNow is the most popular reseller of timeshares, they have a huge selection of timeshares for sale, which means they'll most likely have something to meet the needs of most customers.

• Global exposure: The company operates in more than 218 countries, so people all over the world have access to their properties and services.

• Brand Partners: The site works with well-known and reputable brand partners, like Disney, Hilton, and Marriott, so customers can find properties that are guaranteed to be high quality.

• Professional customer assistance: The company has licensed real estate agents on staff to help customers pick and purchase the right timeshare option.

• CRDA membership: SellMyTimeshareNow.com is an active member of the American Resort Development Association, proving their reputation as an upstanding company.

• Best for: Travelers with a favorite vacation destination, large families, and young professionals with disposable income.

Profile picture of Lisa Ann Schreier
Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

SellMyTimeshareNow Company Information