3.75/5
  • 1 star
Based on 41 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SellMyTimeshareNow, LLC is the leading provider of timeshare resale and rental services in the vacation ownership industry. With over 5.8 million visits to its family of websites in 2016, SellMyTimeshareNow.com is the world’s most active online marketplace for the purchase and rental of timeshare interests. Let us help you sell your vacation ownership, purchase a timeshare, or book a rental for your next vacation!

BBBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 11, 2017

312 SellMyTimeshareNow Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I wanted to thank SellYourTimeshareNow for helping me sell my timeshare condo in Utah. All of the staff that I dealt with were very helpful and responsive. I changed my ad a few times and the process was easy and efficient.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I have just completed a sale of my timeshare with SellMyTimeshareNow. Honestly, I never thought it would go through. The people I've dealt with have been very professional and always available to answer any questions or concerns. My 4 stars was only because of the long delay that was due to the resort not transferring the paperwork in a timely manner. I still have another property that is still being advertised.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

My experience with SellMyTimeshareNow was a very pleasurable one. The process went very well and smooth. I was kept updated of the process and anytime I had a question I got an answer very quickly. The employees are very knowledgeable and courteous. I would recommend SellMyTimeshareNow to anyone looking for a great company to purchase a property. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I was pleased how the sale (Sale of Grand Waikikian) was handled. It takes about 4 months for the closing and sale once an offer is accepted so if you want to sell your timeshare, it won’t be the next day with any company. But this company kept me abreast of any changes and would advise on what to do if asked. I will be using them again.

Resolution response: Dec. 7, 2017

Since my review the company has reached out to me and resolved the issue

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I listed my Marriott timeshare with this company in November 2015. I was told it was an attractive property and should have no trouble selling it. I paid their upfront fees and waited. And waited. I received no offers, nor any phone calls from any representative from the company. I lowered the price by $6000 in February 2016 but have received no offers. My advice to anyone considering selling through this company is DON'T DO IT!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

About 2 years ago, I made a contract with SellMyTimeshareNow in order to sell my Timeshare. Since then, I have no answer from them. I do not see my Timeshare being advertised. They sent me a link where I could see the advertising, but if I go into the website, without the link, I do not see my Timeshare there, so, something is really wrong. They took my money, and never replied me if there were anyone looking to buy it or not, not even an advise in order to sell it. In other words, they just kept my money. Terrible. If you try to call them, they never pick up the call. If you send e-mail, they never answer, even messages from Facebook.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

It's been 34 months since I signed up with SMTN and my timeshare is still up for sale. I have called them several times to lower the price, called them back for updates, and got very frustrated for their not very professional agents who seem to not know anything about my file. I would not recommend SMTN at all!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I wanted to share how great team helped me out to sell my Timeshare. They were always in reach (email or phone) and they worked hard to get the best value out of my Timeshare. It took me almost a year to sell it out and we worked together to lower cost gradually in order to move the sell quicker. I truly recommended this company and I do also advise to get their comprehensive package to get all covered costs. Only thing you would pay is the notary fee which is very affordable. Great team, thanks again sellmytimsharenow.com.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

The information and status flow was good. The closing service was excellent considering my own tardiness. I would suggest some form of communication at the listing and inactive stage; I have a three bedroom unit for sale and would like to have input on its status.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

My condo has been on their listing for over a year, with no inquiries whatever, even though I've lowered the price again and again. When you call, you can't get the same person again, and the new person doesn't know what happened previously when you called, which is frustrating. They should have one person who is your "contact" or "agent" to maintain consistency. Also, they can't even tell you how many people clicked onto your ad and looked at it. I build websites and that's easy to do. There's no excuse for not having those stats these days.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome of my dealings with SMTN. The person I worked with was professional and efficient during the process. The process took a bit long, but I was made aware that it could and he was available throughout the duration of the sale. I came into the opportunity with little confidence that it would work out. However, my end result was extremely better than I expected it to be. We sold the unit and I no longer have a maintenance fee to deal with. I would recommend SMTN team simply because they did what they said they were going to do. Which as we all know, does not happen much in this industry.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

PLEASE understand that my subject line (above) does not reflect on the first rate job that my SMTN Contact (Lordes at extension **) provided. This experience has been very frustrating to both Lordes and myself as the sale dragged on for 8 months thanks to the buyer's wife "screwing around". I'm glad it is now behind me. AND if weren't for Lordes constantly hounding the buyer without reminders from me, the sale would never have happened. Thanks again, Lordes.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

They take your money up front so people don't research them first. Then answer your emails for a while. They convince you not to lower the price of your timeshare for a while, so they can make this last longer. Eventually they stop answering your emails, and you're out $1,800.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Do not use this company! I had them all over me with promises when thinking of signing up, but once my monies were paid the communication has stopped (no replies to emails or messages) and they have not delivered in any way.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Listed with SellMyTimeshareNow in February. They were very convincing and seemed like they knew what they were talking about. We were told we had a very attractive timeshare property and it would not be too long before the offers came in. We PAID their seemingly high up front fee and our property was listed. It is now the end of September and have not had one inquiry or any contact from the company at all!!! They just took our money and basically disappeared. We called one time in June and they suggested a lowering of the price which we did... same results. Nothing. We were also told not to use the property at all after listing. End result... have not used the property, no inquiries on the property and we are out $1800! RUN from this company.

Resolution response: Oct. 1, 2017

Okay, so I really changed my mind about this company! A manager called me, heard me out,,,let me vent and yell! She was great. Told me that she would take care of me! I immediately felt better. God bless this woman! Now I am feeling so much better about this company. I have a renewed sense of hope...thanks to this sweet woman!!! Thank-you!!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

This company is the worst! They coax you in, playing on your vulnerabilities, and lie to you! I was told my timeshare would sell. I even got to tell them the asking price! It turns out my timeshare is in foreclosure... and can't be sold!!! But I trusted these people! I was taken for a fool! I even cried when I found out I wasted a lot of money going with them! There's a reason they have a "D" rating with the Better Business Bureau!!! The sales person even lied about that! She said that they didn't pay them money for a high rating. Scam artists!!! Just run!!! As fast as you can!!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical at first, but I really wanted to get rid of my timeshare week and I didn't know any other way to do it. I paid the fees to list with SellMyTimeshareNow, fully expecting it was possible I'd be stuck with my timeshare forever. The listing went up, I had a few inquiries on my condo and it sat on the market for a month or so. I eventually dropped the price (and they were really easy to deal with making changes to the ad), and it sold! I wasn't getting my hopes up until the title transferred. But that process was just as smooth, and I am rid of my timeshare. I have to say it was super easy. I was happy to pay a small fee to be free from it. Overall it was a small price to pay when you consider someone needs to make money on the sale and all the title transfer work.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

From the first day I contacted the Sell My Timeshare Company, I was treated as I was their sole customer. I received one-on-one treatment every step of the way, from the initial order processing, their web marketing data, the bidding from prospective buyers to the closing services. My only frustrating aspect was the length of time it took to actually fund the deal as the local recording agency seemed to take forever. This was not the selling agency's fault as they had no control over this aspect of the sale. I have already recommended the firm to 2 friends.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I had great success selling two timeshares through SellMyTimeshareNow. I initially contacted them through a reference and talked directly with the owner. He tooked the time to walk me through their process and answered all my questions. I followed up with him with additional questions and he took the time to return my calls and answer all my questions. After my initial listing, the customer service personnel made any changes that I requested to my listing in a very timely manner. They kept me informed on any inquires that they had on my listings. During the sales process the brokerage side kept me well informed on the closing process and all the required documents for me to complete and return in order to close the transaction.

The proceeds from the sale of my timeshares were sent to me in a timely manner and all the deed transfer documents were also sent to me in a very timely manner. I have always heard of scams and issues with companies dealing with timeshare sales and was initially hesitate. However, in my case and my dealings with SellMyTimeshareNow, I was extremely satisfied with their process and service they provided.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

SMTN sold my timeshare through their website. The advertisement was thoroughly described and I received good feedback on the interest and sale. The process was straightforward and the assistance was very good. Two suggestions are to increase the feedback on the status of the marketing efforts and then increase the visibility during the sale process. Thank you.

Resolution response: Aug. 9, 2017

They decided to give back all my money due to the misunderstanding. I am satisfied with this arrangement.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

When I signed up they told me I had 10 days to change my mind. I cancelled and they told me I had to talk to them before I could get a refund. When I called he gave me another pitch without telling me I would lose my refund with the original 10 days even though I had several days left of the 10 days. They stole half of my refund because he didn't tell me all of the facts so I could make an honest decision. It wasn't until I tried again to get my refund in those original 10 days that I was told they were keeping it because they took away my original 10 days for a refund after talking to them. I was never told I would lose that option or I would of never agreed to anything he said. They are scam artists at their best and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. They are not honest and don't deal fair. Very unsatisfied with the integrity of this company.

Original review: July 31, 2017

Timeshare resale is poorly managed: Wow, reading all the reviews is quite disturbing - half the reviews are 5 star - couldn't have been better and the other half 1 star - terrible experience. I fall into the latter where my timeshare has been on the market with them for over 18 months now. I have resorted to emailing them very frequently and actually thinking of putting in the effort daily. I have already dropped the price 50% so in my mind a timeshare for someone who can actually can use it is a bargain on the system (if you can actually buy one through this company). I am not to fussed, I live overseas and will almost give it away if I get a feel good factor from anyone that would like to take it on, in the meantime I thought it good to put my two cents worth in to counter all the 5 star surprises.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I was very pleased with "SellMyTimeshareNow". ** my contact, explained how everything worked and I felt secure that it was a legitimate company to do business. I was treated superbly, in a professional manner and the company took me all the way to the final exit without any headaches. I have listed my second unit with this company, knowing how well the process worked and look forward to them selling my second unit.

Original review: July 21, 2017

Total misrepresentation of comparable sales. Promised quick sale at high price. Not a single inquiry for resale in 7 months. Company should be put out of business. No customer service other than by email. Will be contacting FTC and local magistrate to commence a lawsuit. CONSUMERS: STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Original review: July 5, 2017

I live in the USA and wanted to sell my Marriott timeshare in Aruba. Selling a timeshare can be a frustrating experience even if it is a high quality location but, this organization gives practical, honest advice to a seller. The customer care service department and real estate agent involved were both immediately responsive to requests for information. I lost a sale early on due to a desire to negotiate on the price. After this experience, I listened to my agent and adjusted the price downward to enhance a sale. The executive consultant was also quite helpful in offering perspective on the process. A new offer arrived after about 6 months. Once a contract was signed, SMTN was very helpful in facilitating the closing process and I was very impressed with the overall organization. If you want a reliable, professional team on your side, this is the organization for you.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I paid almost $1,000.00 dls to this company in order to sell my timeshare. This was almost two years ago. I was contacted by a lady and she said they will sell my timeshare and they will take care of all the paperwork. At this time, my timeshare is still on sale, I believe so because I called this lady many times and left several messages asking about the selling of my timeshare and she never called me back. I got a call from one employer from this company around three weeks ago telling me that my timeshare is worthless but they can help me to transfer my timeshare to another person so this way I can avoid paying maintenance fees. I am so upset because this company is only taking the people's money, telling them lies like they did to me. Please do not make any business with them, they only will take your money and they never get back your phone calls. This company is a fraud.

Original review: June 16, 2017

All staff members I dealt with at "SellMyTimeshareNow" were really quick in getting back to me by email or phone and extremely professional. The team-member who handled my property listing and initial enquiry was extremely experienced and walked me through the process very clearly; answering all of my questions and concerns. Although the sales staff were busy with a number of clients at any one time, their response times were always excellent. During the closing process assistance was provided at every step and even though I was located outside of the US - and therefore at a distance - everything was very well managed with a lot of attention to detail to ensure nothing was missed. I will definitely be recommending SellMyTimeshareNow!

Original review: June 15, 2017

I had a successful experience selling my vacation club membership with SellMyTimeshareNow. They responded quickly by phone to my initial email inquiry, and stayed with me and walked me thru every step over the course of the year+ that it took to find a buyer and complete the transfer/sale. I am so happy to have this albatross off my back!

Original review: June 9, 2017

I was really pleased with my experience at SMTN. From friendly staff who quickly and expertly revised pricing, to a seamless and relatively worry free closing -- I would suggest this service to anyone considering selling their timeshare. I'm not sure this process ever goes as quickly as you like, but SMTN was great at managing expectations and handling all the details. Thank you!

Original review: May 30, 2017

We were extremely cautious when purchasing a timeshare on the secondary market. SMTN and ** have been very patient and answered all of our questions. We even contacted the closing company to make sure that everything was on the up and up. Through all of this, ** was very understanding... after all it was our money and we had heard about so many scams related to timeshare re-sales. We can tell you with the utmost confidence that SMTN and Timeshare Closing Services (TSC) are reputable companies... So much so that we have purchased several timeshares using them and we have not had one issue.

SellMyTimeshareNow Company Information