It's that easy Request Information
3.73/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SellMyTimeshareNow, LLC is the leading provider of timeshare resale and rental services in the vacation ownership industry. With over 5.5 million visits to its family of websites annually, SellMyTimeshareNow.com is the world’s most active online marketplace for the purchase and rental of timeshare interests. Let us help you sell your vacation ownership, purchase a timeshare, or book a rental for your next vacation!

370 SellMyTimeshareNow Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

This company has stepped up over the last couple months. I have had a representative that has been quick to reply to my emails, has been helpful and giving me information I needed. Faith has been restored. Timeshare has been sold.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

In 2000 we purchased what was then a timeshare in Maui at Embassy Resorts Int'l on Kaanapali Beach. The condo fees were doable when we began, but ramped up quickly as the years went by. We have not been able to use it since 2006. I somehow got hood-winked into listing with SMTN, by first talking to someone else that was interested in the property for Corporate purchase. Once we talked, she said mine was not one they could purchase; so via 3-way call she got me to SMTN.

The SMTN rep made me feel that it WAS possible to sell it, as we listed cheaper than the person could now buy it. My property is now a Diamond Resorts Int'l. SMTN promised that it would be listed Prominently, and that they had a good track record of sales and mine was a very good property. I even lowered price and offered to pay the 2018 condo fees to sweeten the deal. I did not get one iota of interest. I paid more than a year of condo fees for the SMTN listing and I also paid the condo fee for 2018, so double whammy. DO tons of research before you BUY a timeshare and then DO NOT ever expect to sell it! It is NOT an investment, it is an albatross. Good Luck!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

They took my money, promised results, and I never heard from them again. I initiated all contact throughout this 2-year relationship. I'm out $1,500 and still own a timeshare paying monthly maintenance fees. Still searching for that company that can help me exit this timeshare hell.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I contacted the company to get rid of my timeshare Harborside at Atlantis Bahamas. I got the very positive response. The company was constantly in touch by emails. Finally all the paperwork is done and closed the deal. I was very happy. I will recommend this company.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I contacted SellMyTimeshareNow company to legally dispose off my timeshare. The company responded at very timely manner and helped me to get rid of my timeshare, I am very much pleased with the outcome. I will highly recommend this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I had some concerns with regard to the effectiveness of the service of SMTN. I raised these concerns with them. After some discussion back and forth, they made a proposal to resolve the issues. I was fully satisfied with that outcome.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

We had a very positive experience with our agent during a year period where we purchased timeshares through this company. Our agent was excellent and able to satisfy all of our requirements. We gave him a challenge and he spent a good deal of time and effort to support our needs. I would recommend our agent and this company to others seeking to purchase a timeshare.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My experience with my contact in the customer service department was outstanding. I received a prompt response. My contact really listened to my concerns and went right to work to resolve them. Until the problem was completely resolved he stayed in contact with me to provide updates. I'm very grateful for the professional service I received.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

SMTN is an outstanding company, at first I was a little hesitant to do business over the phone when it comes to my money. You couldn’t ask for a more honest, professional, organized company in the business. My agent has been awesome, SMTN is blessed to have an employee like her. I purchased my first timeshare back in February, the way I was treated was so great I decided to buy another one. As of today I’m working on my third one, I cannot find anything negative to write about. I would call my agent my friend and the company is rated #1 in my book.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

SellMyTimeshareNow is a rip off! They asked me to pay 2400$ and I was assured that on an average that I can get rid of this timeshare in 6 months. I was so hopeful, but these guys never ever followed up. I kept downgrading my points every now and then to get rid of this, and yet they haven't even had the courtesy to respond. I have been calling them, it goes to voicemail, and never received a callback. I have been emailing them, and I receive a one word answer saying,, "We do not have any update."

It's been 10 months since I paid the money, and it’s a waste of my money. I have been calling them every now and then, and not even a single time, I received a response or they picked my call. Getting lured into buying timeshare is a big cheat, and additional topping is SellMyTimeShareNow. I wish we could get out of all this without this much hassle, I am going to a lawyer or anyone who can break these contracts. What I heard, the timeshare companies and this SellMyTimeShareNow are one and the same! I am not sure if that is true or not, but, I really lost my money!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

The agent had a good follow up to close the deal. He was able to answer questions. He would return my phone calls on a timely manner. I also received credits for timely closing. Escrow process was handled professionally. The only drawback was the resort taking their sweet time to confirm the sale and move on!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

** was a great help in getting the price we wanted for the 2 weeks we purchased in Aruba. The girls in the timeshare broker services dept were outstanding getting the paperwork done in a timely manner and always there to answer any questions and to return phone calls. The whole process was finished when promised. Great people to work with!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

My wife and I have done two transactions with this company and always find them to very helpful and willing to help with any issues that arose during the process. As might be expected when other entities are involved in the transaction, questions arise, and I found that SellMyTimeShareNow was always available to help with getting the process completed successfully. I enjoyed working with them and would do so again if the opportunity presented itself.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Our agent was great. She and SMTM.com helped me buy a wonderful timeshare at a fair price for my family. Our agent was friendly and informative. She answered all of my many questions prior and post to the sale. She made calls to several owners to get a competitive price for me during the buying/selling process. I recommended our agent to others and they also made a timeshare purchase.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

SellMyTimeshareNow helped us prepare a listing to sell our timeshare which we had owned for more than 20 years. After we submitted a draft listing they gave us hints on improvement. When the unit did not sell as soon as we hoped they again suggested changes and it sold.

Original review: July 30, 2018

All the people I talked with while selling my time share were polite, patient and very helpful. I appreciate all that was done for me by them and could not have got the sale done by myself. Thank you. I would recommend this company to others.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I found SellMyTimeshareNow easy to work with. I was notified when offers came up and received timely updates through both email and phone calls. Representatives were always polite and helpful in working through the sales and closing processes. When I had questions they were answered with patience and in a professional manner.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I found all the staff at SMTN that I had dealings with were very professional and helpful throughout the sale. All communications were clear and concise and I did not have to chase anyone for any information regarding the sale. The timescale for each part of the sale was set out at the beginning and was executed as promised. A very stress free process.

Original review: July 24, 2018

We had tried to sell the timeshare with other companies and had no success. I read/heard about your company and called and was impressed with the immediate response and getting our timeshare online for sale. Things slowed down at that point and we did call and refresh the price until the market price was found. The sale was in Mexico and your company assisted with all documents and filings. THANK YOU.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Way too long and money up front was assured that they would sell, top in the country have reduced the price twice now, good price and good location very desirable properties. Zip, been told that I need to call in to refresh the listing, what did I pay for??

Original review: June 16, 2018

In the beginning they were nice and professional. We had several conversations before I decided to place my trust and money with SellMyTimeshareNow (SMTN.com). After that I never heard from them again. Then after months of waiting I just defaulted on the timeshare. A waste of $1480 on SMTN. Before you give SMTN your money look at all the listings on their website that are just sitting there and have been for ages.

Original review: June 14, 2018

This company has been my nightmare. They were very fast to take our fee upfront to sell out destination points. Promised great accessibility and service. Quoted what they said would be a going rate. Since listing and paying money (lots of it) we have had no communication either via email or client portal. I have attempted on numerous occasions to contact them... no response at all. Other companies have contacted us - one with an offer, still after further emails nothing. We are not in America and there is a big time difference so phone calls are difficult. If you need timeshare sales or purchase STAY away from these people. I have even asked for refunds, nothing, have told them I'd do this review... still nothing. Hope someone will read this and be saved from their deception.

Resolution response: June 26, 2018

Sell My Timeshare Now is ABOVE BOARD! After a discussion with Management, we were able to resolve this problem with an amicable and satisfactory solution. I'm happy with the results and I am amending my Review from One Star to Five Stars. Sell My Timeshare Now really cares about its Customers. Thank you, SMTN!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Not very happy with this experience. Had to pay UPFRONT money for "Listing." I thought it to be an EXCESSIVE amount but the SMTN Agent told me that I have a very desirable property and that I SHOULD NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEM in selling it. IT'S BEEN THIRTEEN (13) MONTHS and I've REDUCED the sale price several times. I only recently received ONE (1) OFFER which was $900 LESS than the already reduced price. We are presently occupying the Condo, but I told SMTN that I would ACCEPT the "Offer" immediately after we've used it this season.

I was told that it was an "Offer" and that they would have to approach the Offeror and see if they were still interested. My problem with SMTN is that I don't believe that they put any kind of effort into selling my Timeshare. Instead of SMTN, SELL MY TIMESHARE NOW, I propose that they change their name to SMTW, SELL MY TIMESHARE WHENEVER... My email communique from them, also, leaves much to be desired. WITH AN EXCESSIVE UPFRONT FEE, THEY WILL STILL CHARGE ANOTHER EXCESSIVE FEE AT THE ACT OF SALE, if there ever is one. If I could bail out now and receive a refund for all monies paid thus far, I would certainly do it! Beware and be forewarned!

Original review: June 8, 2018

Gave them $1500 to help me sell my timeshare. Everything was fine at first, but I have tried numerous times to get information from them. To no avail. I am in limbo. Don't know what is going on. I started at 20K, dropped it to 15K. Just e-mailed them again to drop to 12,500. No response. Is this a scam? I guess they like to take advantage of seniors. Shameful!!!

Updated on 07/20/2018: I complained before and it was resolved. However, again I get no communication with my rep. He called on 7/15 and left a message. I have called REPEATEDLY since then to no avail. I sent an email to customer care and still nothing. Frustrated to say the least. One day they are great and the next day you are forgotten. I guess as long as they get their money, that's all that matters. Very disappointed of late. I hope you can help.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I am pleased with the Customer Care Specialist at SellMyTimeShareNow who assisted in getting a refund from this company... The Gentleman I dealing with listened to my issues and worked with me to achieve a happy solution.

Original review: May 31, 2018

This company contacted me numerous times... dropped price. Drop from $3,000 to $2,000 for two timeshares. I have lowered my price...now they are telling me that they just track “inquiries”... was told originally that our properties were worth much more. I priced very low and have lowered the price. Big misrepresentation on what they were going to do for me. Don’t do it.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I would highly recommend SMTS for selling your timeshare. They did a great job in selling my Four Seasons week. They were very professional, seem to have a great understanding of the market and have a good inventory of potential clients. I would certainly use them again.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Working with this company and their Brokers has been great. They are knowledgeable and do a great job of bringing in buyers. I sold my timeshare at Marriott Mountainside at the full asking price. They helped with the closing and were very responsive to questions that I had as we went thru the sale and the Marriott review process.

Original review: May 26, 2018

We were told when listing our Timeshare and paying for this service that they would HELP with the sale and it would take 1-3 years. That was in 2010. We have had no movement but they have asked for more money for advertising. WORST EVER!!! Stay away. This is a scam at best. Thoroughly disgusted.

Original review: May 25, 2018

We owned a Timeshare for 15 yrs on the Maine Coast. After years of enjoyment we needed to sell. SellMyTimeshareNow assisted with the process since the buyer contacted them when they saw our listing. SMTN assisted with the entire process - even with the membership approval portion. The transaction was processed electronically which was good since the buyer was from outside USA. This was simple with no glitches. The staff at SMTN was courteous & patient. They were knowledgeable & always pleasant. I highly recommend SMTN to help sell your timeshare.

SellMyTimeshareNow expert review by ConsumerAffairs

SellMyTimeShareNow.com is a company that specializes in the reselling of timeshares. The company is based in Exeter, New Hampshire and Orlando, Florida, and they are currently the largest reseller of timeshares in the U.S.

• Large selection: Because SellMyTimeshareNow is the most popular reseller of timeshares, they have a huge selection of timeshares for sale, which means they'll most likely have something to meet the needs of most customers.

• Global exposure: The company operates in more than 218 countries, so people all over the world have access to their properties and services.

• Brand Partners: The site works with well-known and reputable brand partners, like Disney, Hilton, and Marriott, so customers can find properties that are guaranteed to be high quality.

• Professional customer assistance: The company has licensed real estate agents on staff to help customers pick and purchase the right timeshare option.

• CRDA membership: SellMyTimeshareNow.com is an active member of the American Resort Development Association, proving their reputation as an upstanding company.

• Best for: Travelers with a favorite vacation destination, large families, and young professionals with disposable income.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs