It's that easy Request Information
3.05/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SellMyTimeshareNow, LLC is the leading provider of timeshare resale and rental advertising and marketing services in the vacation ownership industry. With over 5.5 million visits to its family of websites annually, SellMyTimeshareNow.com is the world’s most active online marketplace for the purchase and rental of timeshare products. Let us help you sell your vacation ownership, purchase a timeshare, or book a rental for your next vacation!

SellMyTimeshareNow Gallery (5)
View More View More

428 SellMyTimeshareNow Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 6, 2019

I listed my timeshare with SellYourTimeshareNow not really believing it would sell. The market had lots of other units for sale and the hottest industry seemed to be the "get me out of my timeshare anyway you can" offers. All they promised was to get you off the hook for future payments. I had real money tied up and wanted to get some of it back and Sell Your Timeshare Now did just that. Victor ** was the agent who informed me of an offer and he and his team kept me informed all the way to escrow. The closer Timeshare Closing Services (Patricia **, Xavier ** and their Customer Support team) took over and with some time delays - my buyer took a trip out of the country - I and my wife received the sale proceeds. Very please with all.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2019

This was not our first rodeo. We have been scammed and we have been slammed. Selling a timeshare is not easy. We have lost a few thousand dollars in "trying" to sell our timeshare. The last venture was trading it for a vacation club where we would owe them money after we transferred our property to them. That led us to outright donating it to a charity. A woman at the charity told us NOT to donate it as it was too valuable a property (4 bedroom lockout on the Vegas Strip). She gave us the number of a gentleman from SMTN and we were invited to put it up for sale once more for a fee that we figured was another rip-off.

Four weeks later it was under contract and a few months later, it was sold and we had a check in hand. It was seamless and easy and there was ALWAYS somebody on the other end of the whole process that told us what was going on, where we were in the process, how much time to expect the process to take and they understood that we were taking a huge loss by the sale so they were very gentle. I would seriously recommend them to anyone selling a timeshare but especially the more expensive exclusive ones like ours. Our children did not want it and we are getting to that age where we may leave this life at any time so we wanted to unload it before that time came to protect our children. We are very satisfied with the process.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I purchased a timeshare unit in January 2018 through SellMyTimeshareNow and everything was processed as expected. There were no problems with the closing, and my timeshare unit was transferred properly. In my case, I purchase a unit located at the Holiday Inn Vacation Club at South Beach, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. We visited this site in October 2018 and the facility met our expectations. Very nice! We were current members of HIVC, and we were able to add this timeshare unit to our existing account, which about tripled our points available at only about 15% of the cost we had paid for our original unit. The SMTN people that we conversed with were very responsive and helpful in negotiating our transaction. We would highly recommend using SMTN.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Our family purchased a group of timeshares through the 1980-90s. As the family dynamic has changed over the years with the passing of our father and declining health of our mother, the timeshares are no longer a priority of the family. SellMyTimeshareNow has been a very good source for us in selling off our interests. Their communication with us has been very good, frequently sending us updates of any of the pending sales, always available for questions we may have, and very good at returning calls and emails. We have been impressed with their marketing and customer service systems, as they have been so effective from their Florida base and ours in Oregon.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I was having trouble marketing my timeshare to find a legitimate buyer when I found Sell My Time Share Now. Their staff is friendly and professional and also knowledgeable. They work with only the most reputable Time Share properties, and they guaranteed that my timeshare would sell in 12 months or less and they were right. Using their service enabled interested buyers to find my timeshare, and feel comfortable they were dealing with a reputable company. SMTN also ensured that only qualified buyers were connected with me, which was a huge concern for me. I would definitely recommend this company to help sell your timeshare property to ensure that you are working with professionals who know how all the ins and outs and who can handle the myriad details and complexities involved in selling a timeshare property.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?

Original review: July 9, 2019

I’ve had my 3 timeshares for sale over 2 years, have not sold and do not have any contact, unless I call, from Sellmytimeshare. Expensive to sell, and still hanging... Should have not gotten involved. Beware, my timeshares are Cabo, PV and Cancun. Loved having them but age has crept up.

Original review: July 4, 2019

In Nov 2015, I listed a timeshare with this LLC who assured me that the agreed upon price set for my Palace Resorts timeshares was reasonable. It is now Jun 2019 and I still own this timeshare even after lowering the price a couple of times. I started at $12,000 and lowered the price to $10,000 in 2016 and $7,500 in 2017.

I've contacted the customer care team who advised I reword my ad and lower the price further in order to draw attention to my ad... They further stated they would not refund my $1798 and the way to receive a refund was to cancel within the first 10 days or sell your timeshare with another timeshare sales company, which I'll get to later. I've and come across this review on consumer affairs:

"David of Rockwall, TX. SMTN.com helped me set a price for my timeshare in Hawaii and said they have sold several in that price range. After almost a year without a single offer I dropped the price. Then again after a few more months of no offers I dropped it again and then again. Still nothing so I ended up taking the lowball offer from the company timeshare resale office. In hindsight I should have done that a year ago. It was a waste of money."

The fact that they continued to promote that he lowers the price and then gave him a low-ball offer is clearly what is going on. So, in my last conversation I refused to continue to lower the price. I have not been able to locate “my ad” on the website despite my contract stating it would continue to be listed. If I use the search terms Palace Resorts or even Palace Resorts – Multi Destination, which is in the title of “my ad”, you will not find “my ad”. I’ve tried sorting the listings from pricing high to low and reverse; nothing; however, I am able to find “my ad” if I enter the property ID# directly. So, it appears that my timeshare will not sell on this site because unless the buyer knows my property ID# they will never be able to locate it as that was the only way I could find it.

Getting back to the refund and title for this review, they claim they will refund your money if you manage to sell with another timeshare sales company. I researched the few addresses associated with SMTN located in New Hampshire and Florida and in doing so came across a few other companies under different names that claim to do the exact same thing.

Original review: June 14, 2019

The process was very simple to get started. Confirmation emails came quickly and, where a few listing changes were required, they were completed quickly and accurately. Two separate transactions were handled very professionally and responsively. I am glad they were working for me.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Sell My Timeshare Now sold our Time Share and took care of all the details. It was so easy we barely had to do anything. They are very professional and courteous. Anytime we had any questions or concerns, they were there to help. I would recommend them for anyone.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I was rather reluctant to use a service to sell my timeshare, but I had a great experience with SellMyTimeShare. From the very beginning I received professional advice and help with posting my timeshare. The team took the pressure off and made the whole experience very easy. I was able to get a good price for my timeshare and it sold within just a couple of months.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Exercise Extreme Caution using this site. Andrea **, the sales rep, talks a great game about integrity and timeshare sales experience but once you pay and list she won't even return your phone call despite promises to stay with the sales process/provide feedback until closing. Website says 250 employees yet when you call at 3PM you get a recording that no one is available. I hope I am wrong but sure feels like a hollow company with two guys and a computer in a dumpy apartment somewhere.

Original review: May 28, 2019

What a racket and SellMyTimeshareNow is at the top of my list. Shortly after listing my timeshare I received what is probably an automatic notice that someone had inquired about my timeshare and their team was right on it to determine the interest in the property. Never heard another word. Follow-up is horrible. I want to reduce the price but cannot get a hold of anyone to even do that. Absolutely non-responsive. Once they get your money, they are off to find the next sucker. They are not actively trying to sell your timeshare as promised. They are just putting it up on their website. They are just working hard to get someone else to give them money with false promises. I can't believe I fell for this. Do NOT list your timeshare for sale or rent with this outfit. You will just be throwing your money away.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I was "handed-off" to this company from another online company offering to buy my timeshare. These guys have a very slick sales process (show you a video, etc). Then they provided me with estimates of how much they can sell my timeshare for that were ridiculously high. Then they hit you with a ridiculous fee for them to do an online listing ($2,000-$2,600). I feel badly for folks who don't do due diligence and research what their timeshare and an online listing is really worth. One of their top competitors (RedWeek) offers basically the same services (with the same online visibility and SEO results) for $59-125.

Unfortunately, some folks are so desperate to unload their timeshare that they just want to believe the lies these guys say...They want to pretend it's true...And in the end they just wind up sinking a few thousand $ more into their timeshare nightmare. My advice is to stay away from SellMyTimeshareNow. If you're desperate, sell your timeshare on RedWeek (or similar service) for $0. Or give it back to the timeshare mgt company.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Hi: As of many of you, I also paid nearly $2,000 dollars for their advertising sales service on November 2018. To date May 2019 I haven´t received any inquires, offers or anything at all. It's been six months and nothing. They told me I was going to be able to sell it in three months tops. Now I find it to be a scam, so I propose to everyone in my situation or similar, to come together and sue them in a class action to be fully refunded plus other personal damages and all legal expenses. If you are interested in doing this, please contact me at **.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I use their service on 2017 and make an agreement with E. **. He told me that he will help to follow up if there is buyer. It has been almost 2 year and there is no follow up even once. I call and leave a message even send an email but no response at all. They contact you and help you until they get the money. They got the money and they will leave you without any progress. I still have all the email and massage with E. ** until now for the record. Really poor in service and since they ignore me, I guess they are scammer, so be aware and careful with fake review.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I paid the fee for listing and was assured that the people who discredit this site were just not decreasing the price and that was why they gave bad reviews. It turns out that the people saying that SMTN cannot help, are correct and SMTN are just taking your money. I had a timeshare in St Thomas at the Marriott. No one wants timeshares; Deed it back to the management company and save yourself some money.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I have 2 timeshares, one in Branson, MO and one on Mille Lacs Lake in MN. After giving SMTN (SellMyTimeshareNow) several thousand dollars many years ago, and dropping the prices to a ridiculously low level, all we hear is promises of selling. Do not count on the BBB as a credible source either. If you were looking to buy a timeshare SMTN does not advertise to where anyone could easily find a timeshare to purchase. In short, they take your money and you get an empty promise in return.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Very responsive to both phone and emails. Although a sale didn't happen quickly (not expected due to product), there were several "bites" that were quickly followed up on. Sale was seamless and all staff efficient and competent. Would highly recommend their company and service.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I spoke with a salesperson at SMTS. They sold me on results. I received 2 emails with interest then nothing else. I paid $1400.00 for nothing. I still have this timeshare that I don’t want. I feel I was duped by this company. You’re better off just walking away from the timeshare than putting more money into it.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I contacted SMTN to sell my HGV timeshare in March 2017. They analysed my timeshare and finally gave me a price indication at which I could sell my timeshare: This was simply a lure. I actually paid around $1,500 to put my timeshare on their website, setting the price slightly lower than their advice, but it turned out I got no offer or contact with them. 2 months later, I then decided to decrease by almost 50% the selling price (and they correctly updated it on their website), but still got no offer. My advice: Do not trust them, as prices are way above the market to simply get you in.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I do not recommend this service if you have a marginal timeshare of little value, like the week we own at Eagle Point in Vail. I should have just paid the resort what they were asking to take the unit back (notice I have to pay them to take it off my hands). SMTN can't sell something that even the resort operators won't take off your hands for nothing. The SMTN salesman totally over-represented what they could do, and for about $1500 they posted an ad at a price they recommended. After that, zero communication. After that, I lowered the price to nearly nothing, and still nothing. Using round numbers $1500 is about what Eagle Point will charge to take the week off our hands.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I feel like I paid $1700 for a glorified Craigslist ad. So far two expressions of interest and one offer of $200.00! That does not even cover the maintenance fee of $800 and I left the 2019 booking open for the new owner to book. It is a floating oceanfront red week at a premium resort and I’m currently asking a reasonable $3500. I feel duped. The SMTN agent suggested listing at $16,500 when I listed in early January. A far cry from $200! No results after 3 months. So far I’m not impressed to say the least!

Original review: March 23, 2019

From beginning to end the entire SMTN team was totally professional and courteous. Not only would I recommend someone, but I have also already recommended a friend of mine to SMTN. The only thing I would recommend, that I would be given a little more info on how long it takes to get your final check, once you have a buyer. I definitely would use them again. Thanks for the great service.

Original review: March 19, 2019

A few days ago I talked to a gentleman in Customer Service regarding questions & concerns with selling my property through SellMyTimeshare. I was impressed with the amount of time he took in listening to my questions & how thoroughly he answered them respectfully. It was a pleasure talking to this gentleman because it was very apparent to me he genuinely cared. No doubt I will deal with Customer Service again regarding the sale of my property & I look forward to dealing with them again.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I spoke with SellMyTimeshareNow to place my Club Wyndham access on sale for their site. They assured me that they were a honest and reputable business but they only sold me on a number of lies and false advertisement. They told me that they work multiple deals everyday selling timeshares for owners and that my timeshare would sell within a matter of days to weeks. Additionally, I had extra bonus points on my club wyndham account which they said would entice potential buyers and allow me to sell my time even faster and that they offer titling services to assist with the timeshare transfer.

Apparently, they make these blatant claims without understanding any timeshares and how they work before getting a customer to pay thousands of dollars to simply list an ad on their website. They offer zero assistance with marketing your timeshare or finding potential buyers, all your thousands of dollars do is create a generic ad that looks the EXACT same as all other ads with zero added effort from them to push your timeshare and find any potential buyers.

Club Wyndham does not allow any transfers of extra bonus points (which SellMyTimeshareNow should have known before making these outrageous claims) and Club Wyndham title transfers are a simple straightforward process that doesnt require any additional third party titling service (so when SellMyTimeshareNow claims that they offer a $599 coupon towards a titling fee, that's a blatant lie when all you have to do is pay Club Wyndham the $299 transfer fee and they will place the title in the new owners name).

They engage in dishonest business by not understanding the timeshares they claim to be experts in selling and advertising and will lie to you on what points you are allowed to transfer and offer no assistance in helping you determine the true market value of your timeshare. They will say you can list your timeshare for any amount and that it is a good price so you can sell your timeshare for $30,000 or even $300,000 and they will just say that is a great price to sell at and you will get many offers when in reality, your timeshare may only be worth $15,000. They say all this to entice you to give them your hard earned money just to create a tasteless, bland, and mediocre ad that looks no different from others and post thousands of them on their websites which doesnt even offer potential buyers any information on what timeshares are good to purchase.

I have called and requested a refund from their services and am currently awaiting a decision from their financial services department which customer relations will not even provide me with a number to speak with a real person. I plan on submitting an additional complaint to the better business bureau to stop them from scamming more people out of thousands of dollars.

Original review: March 6, 2019

There are way too many options as to how one goes about selling a timeshare. After several attempts I went to Sell My Timeshare now. In general the experience was what I had encountered with other options. After some time I did receive an offer which I countered. We settled somewhere in the middle which meant that the difference between what I paid SMTSN and what I received was about +$300 in my favor. Marriott striped in and purchased the time share week. They then waited for the taxes to be deducted. So, I received less. Now I find that I will be taxed on a sale of $3500! Over twice what I actually received. Not sure any other avenue would have been better. My conclusion - the entire concept has been set up for corporate gain. I will not engage in this scheme again.

Original review: March 6, 2019

We made the mistake of purchasing a timeshare in the first place. We thought we would try to sell it on SMTN. As with others it was $1798.00 for them to put the extra “effort and time” into getting it listed. We were given the song and dance of lots of buyer and the market is looking good to sell. There is no follow up from them whatsoever. I even called asking about selling a timeshare after it being for sale for two years already and got the same song and dance.

When I told them I have one already for sale they suggested lowering the price "AGAIN". They continued to call for two more weeks asking if I was still interested in selling it. They thought it was another one for sale trying to get another $1800 easy sucker dollars. We have lowered the price number ours times and are currently at half the price we initially listed it for. We just want out of this thing. We have had ours listed for nearly 3 YEARS!! Do not waste your time with this company. Can understand why these places have such turn over of employees because at some point they get a consensus and feel bad for ripping people off.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I listened to ** sales pitch... About how they could sell my timeshare to get me out of the monthly fees I had. They talked to me about the price and said it’s the perfect time of the year to list it as they sell super quick at the end of the year. They told me the fee was over $2000, but since I was referred to them it would be $1798. I paid these people almost $1800 and haven’t gotten a single thing. I have dropped the price thousands and still nothing. They don’t reach out at all. I have reduced the price a couple of times. Of course in the beginning they assured me that my original price was an easy sell.

I wanted to sell my timeshare because we are retired and this is an expense we could do without. We are at the age that traveling is not an option. I just want my money back since they didn’t sell it and aren't trying to sell it. I could have listed it on a website like they have. Wouldn’t recommend them to anyone unless you like not seeing any results and giving your money to them for NO ACTION on their part. No calls or updates. Just check the timeshares they have listed.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Don't pay upfront fees to sell timeshare, this was a waste. I received more inquiries from eBay. They sell a great story but no results. No communication. Just give us more money and they to get rid of your timeshare by trying find a buyer, that's what the $1,500 was for.

Resolution response: Feb. 28, 2019

Spoke with customer care today at SMTN (**) and found that the rep had called me back but didn't leave messages so I didn't know that he called. I feel better about SMTN now. They are going to respond to the sales team with recommendations about leaving messages for customers like me who screen calls.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I contacted them about selling my timeshare. They sent me an email with a telephone number. I called, we chatted about the timeshare. The rep whose name was **, told me to watch their video and then call back at an arranged time. I did so but no answer. I called 3 more times no answer, no callback. I would NOT recommend this company. Extremely poor customer service.

SellMyTimeshareNow expert review by Lisa Ann Schreier

SellMyTimeShareNow.com is a company that specializes in the reselling of timeshares. The company is based in Exeter, New Hampshire and Orlando, Florida, and they are currently the largest reseller of timeshares in the U.S.

• Large selection: Because SellMyTimeshareNow is the most popular reseller of timeshares, they have a huge selection of timeshares for sale, which means they'll most likely have something to meet the needs of most customers.

• Global exposure: The company operates in more than 218 countries, so people all over the world have access to their properties and services.

• Brand Partners: The site works with well-known and reputable brand partners, like Disney, Hilton, and Marriott, so customers can find properties that are guaranteed to be high quality.

• Professional customer assistance: The company has licensed real estate agents on staff to help customers pick and purchase the right timeshare option.

• CRDA membership: SellMyTimeshareNow.com is an active member of the American Resort Development Association, proving their reputation as an upstanding company.

• Best for: Travelers with a favorite vacation destination, large families, and young professionals with disposable income.

Profile picture of Lisa Ann Schreier
Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

SellMyTimeshareNow Company Information