3.63/5
Based on 56 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SellMyTimeshareNow, LLC is the leading provider of timeshare resale and rental services in the vacation ownership industry. With over 5.5 million visits to its family of websites annually, SellMyTimeshareNow.com is the world’s most active online marketplace for the purchase and rental of timeshare interests. Let us help you sell your vacation ownership, purchase a timeshare, or book a rental for your next vacation!

Read More Read More
Last updated: April 19, 2018

336 SellMyTimeshareNow Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 19, 2018

We listed our Valdora Timeshare with SellMyTimeshareNow, and we may have received advice to list it at a much higher price than it could apparently sell. When we finally realized we needed to lower our price to match what was selling, we began to get some action on our timeshare and from there, things went pretty smoothly.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2018

For a fee, my timeshare Woodstone at Massanutten was listed for sale by SellMyTimeshareNOW, LLC. All hits and any offers were reported to me. Bottom line is that the website is popular among realtors and the prospective purchasers of timeshares. If anyone want to sell their timeshare, consider advertising with SellMyTimeshareNOW, LLC.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Ok. My experience is from the sales pitch. We did not fall for it. We had been in contact with another company that buys timeshares and ours did not make their cut, so they recommended SMTN to market our timeshare to sell on the open market. The representative had us watch their video then spoke to us about what they could do and what it would cost us. She did not promise how fast it would sell, but stressed that now is the peak time. What I am giving a 1 star for is for another outright lie. She told us they only had one unit comparable to ours that was listed for $24900. She told us they had received many offers for it with one being within $500 of asking price. This was a red flag.

No one is going to squabble over $500 on a timeshare resale. After being told it would be a $1798 fee, we told her we would sleep on it. We then went out to their website to search comparable units. We found the one for $24900 she told us about... and 15 others that were priced MUCH lower... some lower than their fees. The one she mentioned was a ludicrous outlier that will never sell at that price...not with others asking a fraction of that for same type unit at same resort. We dodged a bullet on this one!

Original review: April 18, 2018

I recently sold my timeshare with your company. Everyone was very helpful. My questions were answered promptly. I was always kept up to date on the progress of the sale. Timeshares are usually difficult to sell, I thank you for all of your help in selling mine.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Sold timeshare, the company did what they said they would do, unlike others who only list, and try to sell product. Expect 90 to 120 days to complete transaction and submitting paper - work several times.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?

Original review: April 3, 2018

From start to finish the process was very straightforward and transparent. After creating my ad/profile I simply responded to inquiries as they posted to me and ultimately the offers to purchase my timeshare. The sales group at SMTN helped me navigate the sales process, title transfers, etc., and communicated with me throughout the process.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I paid approximately $1800.00 for a listing on their site. My resort was at the Westin Cancun plus I offered 100,000 extra points. Not a word. Zip offers. 6 months later reduced offer by $ 2000.00. Again no calls. Zip offers. Suspect a scam. Be aware. Hard lesson to learn. Don't waste your money.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Total BS website for rentals. Advertised a rental in Oceanside, CA. I inquired. Never received a response. When I called they stated that "sometimes owners advertise and it can take years to delete the ad". Then they tried to sell me a timeshare. Really SMTN. Try being honest.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Paid $1800 and don't get any offers, though I'd low-balled the cost (according to SMTN). Eventually contacted my credit card company who refunded the 1800 (6 mos. or more after orig. purchase). SMTN didn't even dispute. They'd not taken down my ad so I called to complain and was then advised (likely BS) there were so many offers, they thought I was calling to thank them. I HAD NEVER BEEN ADVISED OF EVEN ONE OFFER! DO NOT GET SCAMMED! Save your money! DO RESEARCH!!!

Original review: March 13, 2018

WOULD GIVE NEGATIVE STARS IF I COULD. I can't believe we fell for this. We shouldn't have to feel at wit's end trying to get rid of the timeshare scam we got ourselves into. Now this. I should have researched more before agreeing to this. I feel so bad because I referred someone to SMTN and he hasn't gotten a single offer either. I dunno how we said yes so quickly. How could we fall for paying ahead of time. It should be like a real estate agent... no commission unless they make a sale. It costed us almost $3000 CAD. They said they only allow certain amounts of inventory of each property. They said there's room for ours. Looking at it now, there are 600+ in the same location. That's virtually impossible. They said we could start around $20,000 for our property and that there were 7 offers for similar properties in the same location in the past week (at the time of our phone consultation). There are a bunch up for $2,000.

How the heck can we compete with that. A FULL refund would be the only thing to make us happier about this SCAMMY COMPANY. If I knew all they did was post a few photos on a website, I would have never said yes. I can frickin post on Facebook for free. I have a large global network of business people and they will be sure to be aware of SellMyTimeshareNow. I will make sure they spread the word so no one gets caught by this company!

Resolution response: March 25, 2018

After posting my review, Sales Customer Support at SMTN called me. I appreciate the clarifications and advice I received about the market for my unit and the real estate process in the US. SMTN's representative said that he would have an active approach towards real estate brokers in his network. Hopefully this will attract an offer, and the unit is still on the market.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

My property has been on the market since January 2015! I was assured it would not take long because my property at Sheraton Vistana Villages was in high demand. The fee was paid upfront. No offers or actions at all in spite of recusing the price several times. The last and only response has been that SMTN has made a request to us asking if we would like TO PAY thousands of Norwegian Kroner to get rid of the property. Being in Norway we do not know if we are ripped off again. The agents at SMTN are polite but in my opinion they are not actively seeking a buyer for us.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

SellMyTimeshareNow is not what they seem. They tell you they are a marketing company. They put an ad on a website that only people desperate to sell their timeshares go to. We fell for it. We are an older couple and feel we were scammed. They charged us over $3000 to put our timeshares on a website that is really not a marketing tool. The representative called us and told us actual prices what our timeshares would sell for. We were excited when he gave us numbers to use in the ad. It was a dream that we could recoup anything. He said "Let me give you prices that these timeshares are currently selling for...". It wasn't a high price but we used what they told us.

There is no way you can contact them. I have tried to cancel these last three months. One of their representatives called us yesterday and they are not willing to work with you. My husband and I just sat last night and cried. We thought people were honest and not going to take advantage of elderly by their smooth tactics. We were fools. $3000 out of our budget really took a toll on us. Their phone call was harassing and insulting. I ended up shouting as their rep kept reading her reply to us.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

My wife and I were attempting to sell our timeshare on our own with little success so we looked into some timeshare sale companies. Most offer the same promises of a quick sale due to their excellent advertising campaign. We decided to go with SellMyTimeshareNow because they did not put a time stipulation on the our deposit to employ them. It took a little while to find the right buyer but we got a great price on the sale and more importantly, we are not under the burden of the ever-increasing timeshare maintenance fees.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I was promised that my timeshare would be sold in 3 months, given the asking price and location. I believed the Rep. I took money from my retirement to pay upfront cost. After they got my money, the Rep was no longer available to speak to me, I was handed off to customers service. Never received an inquiry re my property. I feel as if they made a fool of me. Lesson learned, don't get sucked in by sales promises. Wish I had read BBB first.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

We have decided to look for a timeshare resale after staying at the Divi Phoenix Aruba in the summer of 2015. After returning to the USA I had found SMTN.com just by doing a google search. I sent a inquiry about one of the listing and got a call back from one of the sales agents. He was very helpful and really listened to what I needed. He was able to find a resale at the resort we wanted for a price that worked for us. The closing team did a great job, all I had to do is follow the steps they provided and we had a timeshare in about 6 months. We have been very happy with our purchase, we are going to Aruba in a few weeks on using our timeshare for a second year. If you are looking to buy or sell a timeshare, I highly recommend SMTN.com.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Without the help from SMTN I am not sure if I could have sold my timeshare unit. Being Canadian and so far away it makes this task very difficult, with the help of SMTN most of the work was done for me. The only note I would highlight would be for the agent to know more about selling from Canadians, the tax that is charged approx. 35% has to be claimed through our Canadian Revenue.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

TWO YEARS my property has been on the market! I was assured it wouldn't take very long at all because my property was in high demand! I finally succumbed to the high pressure sales tactics-calling me numerous times a day. They painted such a beautiful picture of their company & what they could do for me! Their upfront fees were exorbitant but They promised I would be out of property in no time! I have had ZERO responses to my ad & I've dropped the asking price down almost 75% & still nothing! Not even a ridiculous offer - not even a view on my ad. WHAT A JOKE THIS COMPANY IS!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

We listed our Hilton Grand Vacations Club at the Flamingo 2-bedroom, Platinum unit with SMTN in March, 2017. The listing process was clear and relatively easy. After a month we received an inquiry which did not develop to an offer. We modified the wording on our ad twice and reduced our listing price twice. Each modification was handled efficiently by the SMTN Customer Care Team. At the end of July, 2017 we received a second inquiry which ended in a purchase offer. While the offer was well below our listing price, we were highly motivated to sell this timeshare. Thus, we accepted the offer.

The closing process took longer than we anticipated. We signed the closing documents in late August, 2017. The final closing took place in early November, 2017. Our only suggestion is that regular communication during this closing process would have eased our concerns. SMTN staff did respond promptly to our requests for information, but periodic updates would have lessened our anxiety.

Our overall experience with SMTN was positive. As promised, the listing fee was the only cost we incurred for the sale of this timeshare. It is the primary reason we chose SMTN. Given the current market for the resale of timeshares, selling our unit in 8 months is a testament to the SMTN team. We would highly recommend using SMTN for the resale of a timeshare.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

After previous failures at attempts to sell the Timeshare and throwing good money after bad, I was hesitant to do so again. A conversation with SellMyTimeshareNow representative finally got me going in the right direction. It took some time to do it right but worth the effort. I will forever be recommending this company. Thank you for all you do!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

The people I spoke to about the sale of my timeshare was professional, clear and friendly. I didn't feel like this was just another scam like all the other ones who had tried to get me to buy their promises to sell my timeshare at some outrageous price. For just a $400.00 fee. The most I was ever offered was $500.00 and your co. got me $5,000.00!!! I'm extremely happy with my experience with your co.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

** and the SellMyTimeshareNow team made renting my timeshare in Maui easy and painless. She walked me through the process, drafted the ad which I then did (small) edits, and posted. The notification email process and communicating with potential renters was so easy. We started getting inquiries nearly immediately. Ultimately we got the full price we were asking, the price ** recommended, a short 4 months later to the day. I'd highly recommend using SellMyTimeshareNow.com to rent or sell your timeshare!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

We had a very pleasurable experience in dealing with SellMyTimeshareNow.com. We had been trying to sell our timeshare for a while and the process was a bit overwhelming on our own. This company made it so easy for us. All we had to do was sign our names on the dotted line. The employees were pleasant, efficient and very helpful. I would definitely recommend using them if you need to sell a timeshare.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I contacted SellMyTimeshareNow in the month of April 2017. I must say I was skeptical because we were victims of a previous Timeshare Sale scam with another Timeshare we owned in Florida. We enjoyed many years of enjoyment in our Lake Placid Timeshare but circumstances changed and we thought about selling it for at least 2 years. Finally, I took the step.

The representatives were confident sounding. The website with our Sale was up very quickly. In just less than 3 months, we received the offer from a buyer through SellMyTimeshareNow. That was a very quick sale in our opinion. A few emails later and some signing of a few documents, the sale was finalized. Then there are deeds to be drawn up but no money except the initial fee was charged. It is easy to contact them by email or phone anytime you have questions. It was a total of 7 months from my first call to receiving the check and we were pleased with that time frame. I have since recommended this Company to a friend who has a similar situation.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I felt the process was longer than I thought but the people were very friendly every time I called. My disappointment was with the price that I was suggested to sell for. I was told $30,000 was good to go for 6-9 months but had no offers... I had to drop all the way down to $14000 and lost a lot of money.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I wanted to thank SellYourTimeshareNow for helping me sell my timeshare condo in Utah. All of the staff that I dealt with were very helpful and responsive. I changed my ad a few times and the process was easy and efficient.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I have just completed a sale of my timeshare with SellMyTimeshareNow. Honestly, I never thought it would go through. The people I've dealt with have been very professional and always available to answer any questions or concerns. My 4 stars was only because of the long delay that was due to the resort not transferring the paperwork in a timely manner. I still have another property that is still being advertised.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

My experience with SellMyTimeshareNow was a very pleasurable one. The process went very well and smooth. I was kept updated of the process and anytime I had a question I got an answer very quickly. The employees are very knowledgeable and courteous. I would recommend SellMyTimeshareNow to anyone looking for a great company to purchase a property. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I was pleased how the sale (Sale of Grand Waikikian) was handled. It takes about 4 months for the closing and sale once an offer is accepted so if you want to sell your timeshare, it won’t be the next day with any company. But this company kept me abreast of any changes and would advise on what to do if asked. I will be using them again.

Resolution response: Dec. 7, 2017

Since my review the company has reached out to me and resolved the issue

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I listed my Marriott timeshare with this company in November 2015. I was told it was an attractive property and should have no trouble selling it. I paid their upfront fees and waited. And waited. I received no offers, nor any phone calls from any representative from the company. I lowered the price by $6000 in February 2016 but have received no offers. My advice to anyone considering selling through this company is DON'T DO IT!!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

About 2 years ago, I made a contract with SellMyTimeshareNow in order to sell my Timeshare. Since then, I have no answer from them. I do not see my Timeshare being advertised. They sent me a link where I could see the advertising, but if I go into the website, without the link, I do not see my Timeshare there, so, something is really wrong. They took my money, and never replied me if there were anyone looking to buy it or not, not even an advise in order to sell it. In other words, they just kept my money. Terrible. If you try to call them, they never pick up the call. If you send e-mail, they never answer, even messages from Facebook.

SellMyTimeshareNow expert review by ConsumerAffairs

SellMyTimeShareNow.com is a company that specializes in the reselling of timeshares. The company is based in Exeter, New Hampshire and Orlando, Florida, and they are currently the largest reseller of timeshares in the U.S.

• Large selection: Because SellMyTimeshareNow is the most popular reseller of timeshares, they have a huge selection of timeshares for sale, which means they'll most likely have something to meet the needs of most customers.

• Global exposure: The company operates in more than 218 countries, so people all over the world have access to their properties and services.

• Brand Partners: The site works with well-known and reputable brand partners, like Disney, Hilton, and Marriott, so customers can find properties that are guaranteed to be high quality.

• Professional customer assistance: The company has licensed real estate agents on staff to help customers pick and purchase the right timeshare option.

• CRDA membership: SellMyTimeshareNow.com is an active member of the American Resort Development Association, proving their reputation as an upstanding company.

• Best for: Travelers with a favorite vacation destination, large families, and young professionals with disposable income.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs