Call now
4.05/5
Based on 48 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call now

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SellMyTimeshareNow, LLC is the leading provider of timeshare resale and rental services in the vacation ownership industry. With over 5.8 million visits to its family of websites in 2016, SellMyTimeshareNow.com is the world’s most active online marketplace for the purchase and rental of timeshare interests. Let us help you sell your vacation ownership, purchase a timeshare, or book a rental for your next vacation!

BBBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 22, 2018

324 SellMyTimeshareNow Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I was promised that my timeshare would be sold in 3 months, given the asking price and location. I believed the Rep. I took money from my retirement to pay upfront cost. After they got my money, the Rep was no longer available to speak to me, I was handed off to customers service. Never received an inquiry re my property. I feel as if they made a fool of me. Lesson learned, don't get sucked in by sales promises. Wish I had read BBB first.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

We have decided to look for a timeshare resale after staying at the Divi Phoenix Aruba in the summer of 2015. After returning to the USA I had found SMTN.com just by doing a google search. I sent a inquiry about one of the listing and got a call back from one of the sales agents. He was very helpful and really listened to what I needed. He was able to find a resale at the resort we wanted for a price that worked for us. The closing team did a great job, all I had to do is follow the steps they provided and we had a timeshare in about 6 months. We have been very happy with our purchase, we are going to Aruba in a few weeks on using our timeshare for a second year. If you are looking to buy or sell a timeshare, I highly recommend SMTN.com.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Without the help from SMTN I am not sure if I could have sold my timeshare unit. Being Canadian and so far away it makes this task very difficult, with the help of SMTN most of the work was done for me. The only note I would highlight would be for the agent to know more about selling from Canadians, the tax that is charged approx. 35% has to be claimed through our Canadian Revenue.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

TWO YEARS my property has been on the market! I was assured it wouldn't take very long at all because my property was in high demand! I finally succumbed to the high pressure sales tactics-calling me numerous times a day. They painted such a beautiful picture of their company & what they could do for me! Their upfront fees were exorbitant but They promised I would be out of property in no time! I have had ZERO responses to my ad & I've dropped the asking price down almost 75% & still nothing! Not even a ridiculous offer - not even a view on my ad. WHAT A JOKE THIS COMPANY IS!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

We listed our Hilton Grand Vacations Club at the Flamingo 2-bedroom, Platinum unit with SMTN in March, 2017. The listing process was clear and relatively easy. After a month we received an inquiry which did not develop to an offer. We modified the wording on our ad twice and reduced our listing price twice. Each modification was handled efficiently by the SMTN Customer Care Team. At the end of July, 2017 we received a second inquiry which ended in a purchase offer. While the offer was well below our listing price, we were highly motivated to sell this timeshare. Thus, we accepted the offer.

The closing process took longer than we anticipated. We signed the closing documents in late August, 2017. The final closing took place in early November, 2017. Our only suggestion is that regular communication during this closing process would have eased our concerns. SMTN staff did respond promptly to our requests for information, but periodic updates would have lessened our anxiety.

Our overall experience with SMTN was positive. As promised, the listing fee was the only cost we incurred for the sale of this timeshare. It is the primary reason we chose SMTN. Given the current market for the resale of timeshares, selling our unit in 8 months is a testament to the SMTN team. We would highly recommend using SMTN for the resale of a timeshare.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

After previous failures at attempts to sell the Timeshare and throwing good money after bad, I was hesitant to do so again. A conversation with SellMyTimeshareNow representative finally got me going in the right direction. It took some time to do it right but worth the effort. I will forever be recommending this company. Thank you for all you do!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

The people I spoke to about the sale of my timeshare was professional, clear and friendly. I didn't feel like this was just another scam like all the other ones who had tried to get me to buy their promises to sell my timeshare at some outrageous price. For just a $400.00 fee. The most I was ever offered was $500.00 and your co. got me $5,000.00!!! I'm extremely happy with my experience with your co.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

** and the SellMyTimeshareNow team made renting my timeshare in Maui easy and painless. She walked me through the process, drafted the ad which I then did (small) edits, and posted. The notification email process and communicating with potential renters was so easy. We started getting inquiries nearly immediately. Ultimately we got the full price we were asking, the price ** recommended, a short 4 months later to the day. I'd highly recommend using SellMyTimeshareNow.com to rent or sell your timeshare!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

We had a very pleasurable experience in dealing with SellMyTimeshareNow.com. We had been trying to sell our timeshare for a while and the process was a bit overwhelming on our own. This company made it so easy for us. All we had to do was sign our names on the dotted line. The employees were pleasant, efficient and very helpful. I would definitely recommend using them if you need to sell a timeshare.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I contacted SellMyTimeshareNow in the month of April 2017. I must say I was skeptical because we were victims of a previous Timeshare Sale scam with another Timeshare we owned in Florida. We enjoyed many years of enjoyment in our Lake Placid Timeshare but circumstances changed and we thought about selling it for at least 2 years. Finally, I took the step.

The representatives were confident sounding. The website with our Sale was up very quickly. In just less than 3 months, we received the offer from a buyer through SellMyTimeshareNow. That was a very quick sale in our opinion. A few emails later and some signing of a few documents, the sale was finalized. Then there are deeds to be drawn up but no money except the initial fee was charged. It is easy to contact them by email or phone anytime you have questions. It was a total of 7 months from my first call to receiving the check and we were pleased with that time frame. I have since recommended this Company to a friend who has a similar situation.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I felt the process was longer than I thought but the people were very friendly every time I called. My disappointment was with the price that I was suggested to sell for. I was told $30,000 was good to go for 6-9 months but had no offers... I had to drop all the way down to $14000 and lost a lot of money.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I wanted to thank SellYourTimeshareNow for helping me sell my timeshare condo in Utah. All of the staff that I dealt with were very helpful and responsive. I changed my ad a few times and the process was easy and efficient.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I have just completed a sale of my timeshare with SellMyTimeshareNow. Honestly, I never thought it would go through. The people I've dealt with have been very professional and always available to answer any questions or concerns. My 4 stars was only because of the long delay that was due to the resort not transferring the paperwork in a timely manner. I still have another property that is still being advertised.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

My experience with SellMyTimeshareNow was a very pleasurable one. The process went very well and smooth. I was kept updated of the process and anytime I had a question I got an answer very quickly. The employees are very knowledgeable and courteous. I would recommend SellMyTimeshareNow to anyone looking for a great company to purchase a property. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I was pleased how the sale (Sale of Grand Waikikian) was handled. It takes about 4 months for the closing and sale once an offer is accepted so if you want to sell your timeshare, it won’t be the next day with any company. But this company kept me abreast of any changes and would advise on what to do if asked. I will be using them again.

Resolution response: Dec. 7, 2017

Since my review the company has reached out to me and resolved the issue

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I listed my Marriott timeshare with this company in November 2015. I was told it was an attractive property and should have no trouble selling it. I paid their upfront fees and waited. And waited. I received no offers, nor any phone calls from any representative from the company. I lowered the price by $6000 in February 2016 but have received no offers. My advice to anyone considering selling through this company is DON'T DO IT!!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

About 2 years ago, I made a contract with SellMyTimeshareNow in order to sell my Timeshare. Since then, I have no answer from them. I do not see my Timeshare being advertised. They sent me a link where I could see the advertising, but if I go into the website, without the link, I do not see my Timeshare there, so, something is really wrong. They took my money, and never replied me if there were anyone looking to buy it or not, not even an advise in order to sell it. In other words, they just kept my money. Terrible. If you try to call them, they never pick up the call. If you send e-mail, they never answer, even messages from Facebook.

Resolution response: Jan. 19, 2018

SMTN has finally resolved my concern. My case was escalated to the management lever but overall I am happy with the result. I would highly recommend them. Very professional management to deal with.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

It's been 34 months since I signed up with SMTN and my timeshare is still up for sale. I have called them several times to lower the price, called them back for updates, and got very frustrated for their not very professional agents who seem to not know anything about my file. I would not recommend SMTN at all!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I wanted to share how great team helped me out to sell my Timeshare. They were always in reach (email or phone) and they worked hard to get the best value out of my Timeshare. It took me almost a year to sell it out and we worked together to lower cost gradually in order to move the sell quicker. I truly recommended this company and I do also advise to get their comprehensive package to get all covered costs. Only thing you would pay is the notary fee which is very affordable. Great team, thanks again sellmytimsharenow.com.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

The information and status flow was good. The closing service was excellent considering my own tardiness. I would suggest some form of communication at the listing and inactive stage; I have a three bedroom unit for sale and would like to have input on its status.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

My condo has been on their listing for over a year, with no inquiries whatever, even though I've lowered the price again and again. When you call, you can't get the same person again, and the new person doesn't know what happened previously when you called, which is frustrating. They should have one person who is your "contact" or "agent" to maintain consistency. Also, they can't even tell you how many people clicked onto your ad and looked at it. I build websites and that's easy to do. There's no excuse for not having those stats these days.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome of my dealings with SMTN. The person I worked with was professional and efficient during the process. The process took a bit long, but I was made aware that it could and he was available throughout the duration of the sale. I came into the opportunity with little confidence that it would work out. However, my end result was extremely better than I expected it to be. We sold the unit and I no longer have a maintenance fee to deal with. I would recommend SMTN team simply because they did what they said they were going to do. Which as we all know, does not happen much in this industry.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

PLEASE understand that my subject line (above) does not reflect on the first rate job that my SMTN Contact (Lordes at extension **) provided. This experience has been very frustrating to both Lordes and myself as the sale dragged on for 8 months thanks to the buyer's wife "screwing around". I'm glad it is now behind me. AND if weren't for Lordes constantly hounding the buyer without reminders from me, the sale would never have happened. Thanks again, Lordes.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

They take your money up front so people don't research them first. Then answer your emails for a while. They convince you not to lower the price of your timeshare for a while, so they can make this last longer. Eventually they stop answering your emails, and you're out $1,800.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Do not use this company! I had them all over me with promises when thinking of signing up, but once my monies were paid the communication has stopped (no replies to emails or messages) and they have not delivered in any way.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Listed with SellMyTimeshareNow in February. They were very convincing and seemed like they knew what they were talking about. We were told we had a very attractive timeshare property and it would not be too long before the offers came in. We PAID their seemingly high up front fee and our property was listed. It is now the end of September and have not had one inquiry or any contact from the company at all!!! They just took our money and basically disappeared. We called one time in June and they suggested a lowering of the price which we did... same results. Nothing. We were also told not to use the property at all after listing. End result... have not used the property, no inquiries on the property and we are out $1800! RUN from this company.

Resolution response: Oct. 1, 2017

Okay, so I really changed my mind about this company! A manager called me, heard me out,,,let me vent and yell! She was great. Told me that she would take care of me! I immediately felt better. God bless this woman! Now I am feeling so much better about this company. I have a renewed sense of hope...thanks to this sweet woman!!! Thank-you!!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

This company is the worst! They coax you in, playing on your vulnerabilities, and lie to you! I was told my timeshare would sell. I even got to tell them the asking price! It turns out my timeshare is in foreclosure... and can't be sold!!! But I trusted these people! I was taken for a fool! I even cried when I found out I wasted a lot of money going with them! There's a reason they have a "D" rating with the Better Business Bureau!!! The sales person even lied about that! She said that they didn't pay them money for a high rating. Scam artists!!! Just run!!! As fast as you can!!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical at first, but I really wanted to get rid of my timeshare week and I didn't know any other way to do it. I paid the fees to list with SellMyTimeshareNow, fully expecting it was possible I'd be stuck with my timeshare forever. The listing went up, I had a few inquiries on my condo and it sat on the market for a month or so. I eventually dropped the price (and they were really easy to deal with making changes to the ad), and it sold! I wasn't getting my hopes up until the title transferred. But that process was just as smooth, and I am rid of my timeshare. I have to say it was super easy. I was happy to pay a small fee to be free from it. Overall it was a small price to pay when you consider someone needs to make money on the sale and all the title transfer work.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

From the first day I contacted the Sell My Timeshare Company, I was treated as I was their sole customer. I received one-on-one treatment every step of the way, from the initial order processing, their web marketing data, the bidding from prospective buyers to the closing services. My only frustrating aspect was the length of time it took to actually fund the deal as the local recording agency seemed to take forever. This was not the selling agency's fault as they had no control over this aspect of the sale. I have already recommended the firm to 2 friends.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I had great success selling two timeshares through SellMyTimeshareNow. I initially contacted them through a reference and talked directly with the owner. He tooked the time to walk me through their process and answered all my questions. I followed up with him with additional questions and he took the time to return my calls and answer all my questions. After my initial listing, the customer service personnel made any changes that I requested to my listing in a very timely manner. They kept me informed on any inquires that they had on my listings. During the sales process the brokerage side kept me well informed on the closing process and all the required documents for me to complete and return in order to close the transaction.

The proceeds from the sale of my timeshares were sent to me in a timely manner and all the deed transfer documents were also sent to me in a very timely manner. I have always heard of scams and issues with companies dealing with timeshare sales and was initially hesitate. However, in my case and my dealings with SellMyTimeshareNow, I was extremely satisfied with their process and service they provided.

SellMyTimeshareNow Company Information

www.sellmytimesharenow.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use