2. Travel
  3. Timeshares
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.25/5

SellMyTimeshareNow (SMTN) is an online marketplace that connects timeshare buyers, sellers and renters on a worldwide platform. The SMTN website has over 10,000 unique visitors daily, and the advanced search features make it easy to find opportunities whether you’re selling your timeshare or looking to buy or rent property.

BOTTOM LINE

SellMyTimeshareNow is an active online marketplace that connects timeshare owners with people looking to buy or rent timeshare properties. The customer care team walks sellers through every step of the sale.

PROS

• Sell or rent your timeshare
  • Find a timeshare to rent
  • Helps you reach a wider market

CONS

• Reviews mention complex contracts

Top SellMyTimeshareNow Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?

We used SMTN.com to buy our new timeshare in Breck at a fraction of the cost of buying new through the resort. Communication between our sales rep and the rest of the team was wonderful, and we would definitely use them again to buy another week.

SellMyTimeshareNOW made the process quick and easy. Our biggest concern, not having sold a timeshare before, was that we would somehow fall victim to a scam. This obviously was not the case and the transaction unfolded exactly as all documentation said it would.

How does SellMyTimeshareNow work?

SellMyTimeshareNow puts your property in front of thousands of interested buyers and renters looking for a hassle-free timeshare buying experience. Whether you’re looking to sell your timeshare or rent it out, listing your property on SMTN puts it in front of the exact people who are looking for it.

Selling your timeshare

Sellers who can no longer afford to pay maintenance fees or don’t have the time to use their property can sell it to buyers who don’t want to participate in the traditional timeshare presentation process. SMTN gets your property in front of buyers in more than 200 countries. The company has no hidden fees and advertises a hassle-free closing process.

SMTN uses internet marketing techniques to target a global audience of customers. Thousands of buyers find its website through search engines like Google and Yahoo. SMTN also assists with closing and transfer services.

When you sign up with SMTN, your property is advertised on a listing page that lets you customize the description, pictures and ownership details. Through the owner dashboard, you can track and respond to messages and inquiries and connect with the customer care team.

Renting your timeshare

SMTN also connects owners with people looking to rent property. The average rental rate on SMTN is around $1,700. With average timeshare fees ranging from $1,000 to $1,200, renting out your timeshare can cover maintenance fees. Rental fees are discounted for owners who also list a property for sale on the SMTN website. Many sellers rent out their timeshare while they are waiting for it to sell.

SellMyTimeshareNow costs

The first step in selling your timeshare with SMTN is figuring out how much it is worth. The value of a timeshare property depends on different things such as:

• Ownership type
  • Usage frequency
  • Unit type and size
  • Points package

Customers can view a live offer feed to see how much other sellers are being offered for their properties. These numbers change constantly, but below are some examples of timeshare properties in popular resorts and their SMTN offers:

• Two-bedroom, two-bath suite at Sheraton Vista Villages in Orlando: $10,000
  • Two-bedroom, two-bath suite at Banyan Harbor in Hawaii: $6,000
  • Two-bedroom, two-bath suite at Coconut Bay Resort in Ft. Lauderdale: $1,500
  • One-bedroom, one-bath suite at Bluewater Resort in Hilton Head: $22,900

SellMyTimeshareNow FAQ

Is SellMyTimeshareNow a scam?
Sell My Timeshare is a legitimate company that specializes in timeshare resale and rental services. Some reviews state that SMTN does not always sell the property as quickly as it advertises and the contract can be confusing, but there are no hidden fees and customers have the option to cancel.
What does SellMyTimeshareNow do?
Sell My Timeshare connects timeshare owners with people who want to buy or rent a timeshare. It is an active online marketplace that uses innovative search engine optimization strategies to get available timeshare properties in front of qualified buyers.
Is Sell My Timeshare a legal company?
Yes. SellMyTimeshareNow is legal.
Is SellMyTimeshareNow safe?
There are always risks in investment properties, but STMN is not known to be an unsafe or fraudulent company.

Is SellMyTimeshareNow legit?

Yes. SMTN has helped thousands of sellers connect with qualified renters and buyers to assist timeshare owners sell their property. We recommend SellMyTimeshareNow for people looking to buy, rent or sell a timeshare property.

SellMyTimeshareNow Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

Thank you SO much for helping me acquire my dream timeshare in Maui! ** reached out to me about a property he knew I liked and I proceeded to buy it. SMTN handled everything or walked me through the process. It was so easy and smooth. I still almost can't believe it. This is my second time using SMTN and both experiences have been great. I trust them implicitly to get things done right. I just received my owner packet from Maui Marriott Ocean Club and have called to book our first vacation next year when The Covid hopefully subsides. Highly recommend this company for both sides of timeshare transactions. I am currently listing one of my other timeshares with SMTN to sell. I know it's in good hands.

Lisa **, proud new owner :-p

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for your feedback, Lisa, and congratulations on your recent Marriott's Maui Ocean Club timeshare purchase! We’re thrilled to hear you were able to find your dream timeshare with SMTN, and we’ll be sure to pass your kind words to Chris! Our goal is to provide both buyers and sellers with a straightforward sales experience using our platform, and we truly appreciate your confidence in us to help you with your vacation ownership needs. Thank you for your loyalty - we look forward to working with you again in the future. Safe travels, and enjoy Maui next year!

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I had contacted SMTN early in the year interested in a platinum oceanfront week at the Marriott Ocean Pointe resort. At the time they did not have any in the inventory at the price I was willing to pay. However, they kept my request on file and contacted me when such a week became available meeting my price requirement. They handled all the purchase issues in a transparent and efficient way and made sure that the 2021 week owned by the seller was transferred for my use. They were professional and pleasant to work with.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for your feedback, Rick! We’re so pleased to hear you had a positive experience purchasing with SMTN, and we hope you enjoy your new Marriott Ocean Point Resort Platinum Week ownership. We always strive to provide a seamless, transparent, and efficient experience for both buyers and sellers on our platform, and we’re glad we were able to help you find the timeshare you were looking for.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

My wife and I bought into the HGVC years ago as a means to try and fix the cost of bringing our large family together every year for a family reunion. Our 7 children now have families of their own and live in different states. California became the most central gathering place for us, especially because we are beach lovers. As the number of grandchildren has grown, we've needed more points in order to have enough room for us to spend a week together. Being able to buy more points in the secondary market has been an amazing way for us to reach our goals and still remain in our budget. This has really been a boon for our family.

We use every point every year and have the memories as a family to prove it. Thanks for your help. Others may find timeshares a burden, we have learned how to make them a great blessing in our lives and a wonderful way to come together to celebrate our relationships as family members. It is a cherished tradition for us all.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

George, thank you so much for sharing your experience purchasing more points on the secondary market. We are so glad to hear your HGVC ownership is working out so well for you, and that we could assist you in adding even more flexibility and options for usage. Many owners have the same experience when they need to upgrade their existing ownership, and purchasing resale is a great way to save on the costs of adding more points. Plus, by purchasing resale you are helping another owner who is ready to move on from their ownership - buying on the resale market in truly a win-win scenario for all parties! Thank you again for working with SellMyTimeshareNow.com, and we look forward to working with you again if the need arises. Enjoy your future family vacations in California!

Original review: March 18, 2020

I had a very good experience with SMTN. After being expertly duped into buying a timeshare with Westgate, I looked up SMTN and got in contact with them. Joe ** was the associate who handled my situation from start to finish. I’d like to give a big shout out to Joe. Excellent employee. He was a very nice, very professional person who explained literally every step of the process, and why those steps were being taken. He was very easy to talk to, and answered all my questions patiently. He explained that I was paying to place an advertisement for my timeshare onto SMTN’s official website. He explained the chances of Re-selling my timeshare with them were very good, and then he showed me how many people worldwide actually visit and browse through the website per day. It’s hit or miss whether anybody will buy or not, but at least your timeshare gets exposure.

Joe made it very clear that it wasn’t an absolute guarantee, but the odds were in my favor. That sounded fair, so I paid the $1,600. As it turns out, due to an oversight purely on my part, I wasn’t able to afford that in the long run. But luckily for me SMTN has a policy that states you can change your mind within ten days of the purchase and get your money refunded. I called Joe ** and he was very understanding. He didn’t make me feel bad about it at all. No guilt trips, or attempts to talk me out of it were used. I got my money put back onto my credit card and all is well.

I still have this Westgate timeshare to deal with, but in time when I can afford it, I’ll come back to SMTN. It’s NOT a scam. It is a legit business with good people behind it. If it were a scam, they would’ve taken my money and ran, or had a “All Sales Final“ rule or something. Many negative reviews on here and other sites are addressed by and fixed by SMTN. Scams do not make that effort. SMTN makes it quite clear what they do and how they do it, so make sure YOU understand before buying. That’s your responsibility.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for your review, John! And thank you for your wonderful feedback about our representative, Joe! At SellMyTimeshareNow, we take pride in assisting clients with selling, buying, and even renting a timeshare from start to finish. Our team always focuses on explaining our marketing and advertising service and the process of selling as clearly as possible, to all parties involved. We’ll be happy to assist you when you are ready to sell your timeshare in the future! We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

SellMyTimeshareNow worked with me to sell both of my timeshares with Westin in Mauii. I had realistic expectations of the amount of money I wanted to walk away with, and they helped me find buyers. About half of the sales price came to me, as expected. I had seen units through all kinds of websites for sale by owner as low as $1.00! I didn’t want to go through the hassle and headache of trying to sell my own units. Zachary was very courteous and easy to work with, and responsive to my questions. When you are to get out from under, give them a try.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Mariphil, thank you for your kind review of SellMyTimeshareNow. Our team strives to make sure our clients have realistic expectations about what to expect when selling, and we pride ourselves in assisting clients throughout the sales process from start to finish. SellMyTimeshareNow is a respected leader in the timeshare resale industry because of the dedication and hard work that we put into advertising and marketing your timeshare, providing the best exposure to buyers online. Congratulations again on the sale of your Westin ownership!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I am very pleased and excited about my timeshare purchase through SMTN company. The sales associate and title company were honest, clear and present to answer all my questions throughout the process. It took more time than usual due to the pandemic, and multiple parties being involved. I would gladly recommend and will use SMTN again.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Congratulations on your purchase through SMTN, Laura! We appreciate you sharing your feedback and are thrilled you are satisfied with your experience purchasing on our platform. Our goal is to provide a straightforward process for both buyers and sellers, and we are glad to hear that was the case with your transaction. Safe travels - we hope you enjoy your new Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort timeshare!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I was a little apprehensive to use SellMyTimeshareNow having no knowledge or experience with timeshare resale companies. I was in the market for a fixed week timeshare in the Gatlinburg, Tennessee area. The Licensed Real Estate Agent at SellMyTimeshareNow helped me find a timeshare that meet my needs and worked with me diligently to complete the sale and transfer in a professional manner and with integrity. I can highly recommend the services that SellMyTimeshareNow offers.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Benny, thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're thrilled to hear you had a pleasant experience purchasing through SellMyTimeshareNow and hope you enjoy your new Tree Top Resort timeshare. We appreciate you putting your confidence in our team to help find you the vacation ownership interest you were looking for and are glad the process was completed to your satisfaction. Safe travels!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

Very smooth transaction. Staff was very helpful, notably Angellie **. Angellie kept me updated on the process and made sure everything went smooth. She was very helpful and always made time for any question(s) I had. I never felt I was under any pressure or gouged.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Arun, thank you for sharing your experience working with SellMyTimeshareNow! We’re so glad to hear you had a positive experience and that our services met your expectations. We will be sure to pass along your comments to Angellie and look forward to helping you with any of your future timeshare needs!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

Have worked with ** for several timeshare purchases. ** is always professional and great to work with! Very easy to deal with from initial call to closing. SMTN does a great job of keeping me informed of where we are in the process and makes the purchase easy. I've dealt with timeshare reps at resorts and they're typically pushy and hard to deal with. In contrast, SMTN has always been great to work with.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Paul, thank you for your feedback and congratulations on your recent Pueblo Bonito Universal Points purchase! We appreciate that you continue to choose SMTN when looking to purchase your next timeshare and are thrilled to hear how pleased you are with the level of service we provide. We hope you enjoy your new vacation ownership interest and look forward to working with you again soon.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

We have tried several times to sale our timeshare only to lose money and still be stuck with yearly fees. When contacted by SMTN I was very nervous that it was just another scam. However, after several calls to team at SMTN walked us through the entire process and in just 4 months I am now free of the timeshare burden. Great experience with very helpful and friendly people.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Joseph, congratulations on the sale of your Royal Floridian Resort timeshare! We’re thrilled you were able to successfully sell your timeshare after advertising just 4 months with SMTN and appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We strive to provide a positive, streamlined experience for both buyers and sellers on our platform and are so glad we were able to assist you with your transaction. Thank you again for your feedback – we look forward to helping you with any of your future timeshare needs.

SellMyTimeshareNow Company Information