It's that easy Request Information
3.48/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SellMyTimeshareNow, LLC is the leading provider of timeshare resale and rental advertising and marketing services in the vacation ownership industry. With over 5.5 million visits to its family of websites annually, SellMyTimeshareNow.com is the world’s most active online marketplace for the purchase and rental of timeshare products. Let us help you sell your vacation ownership, purchase a timeshare, or book a rental for your next vacation!

SellMyTimeshareNow Gallery (5)
View More View More

398 SellMyTimeshareNow Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I spoke with ** and she was fantastic, she explained what no one else did about the reason to call in every 4 to 6 weeks and check on our price to sell and also rental of our properties while we are trying to sell. She is the only person to really care about us and actually contact us. She is a tremendous asset to your company.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

We sold our timeshare in the U.S.A. through the SellMyTimeshareNow company and were quite satisfied. There were no complications or problems with the process even though we live in Canada. They sent all the required forms via e-mail so we were able to print them, sign and return in good time.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I started with SellMyTimeShareNow July 13, 2018. They told me that my timeshare was in a desirable location and it could take 3-6 months to sell. I paid $749 for SellMyTimeShareNow to advertise the timeshare for $19.5. I let the representative I was working with know that I was an eager seller, not looking to make money, and willing to negotiate. August 16, 2018, after not receiving any offers I went down on the price to $16.5, still working with the same representative. October 18, 2018, still no offers I went down to 14, 750, still working with the same representative.

December 14, 2018, still no offers I went down to 14,075, and the representative emailed me and asked that I contact customer service for further assistance (December 06, 2018). Apparently I was calling him to often and questioning why my timeshare wasn't selling. January 04, 2019, I called customer service and decreased the price again to $13.5. January 25, 2019, I called to refresh my ad. I have never received one call or email regarding interest in the purchase of my timeshare. I am a very proactive seller. I am willing to negotiate. I am not looking to make a buck. You be the judge...

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I was directed to smtn.com in November of 2018. I listened to what they were selling about how they could sell my timeshare to get me out of the debt I had. They talked to me about the price and said it’s the perfect time of the year to list it as they sell super quick at the end of the year. They told me the fee was over $2000, but since I was referred to them it would be $1798. I paid these people almost $1800 and haven’t gotten a single thing. I have dropped the price thousands and still nothing. They don’t reach out at all unless you call them demanding your money back, and then they offer you ways to try to sell it. I wanted to sell my timeshare because it costs me so much and I don’t use it, and now it’s cost me even more. I just want my money back since they didn’t sell it “like hot cakes”. Wouldn’t recommend them to anyone unless you like not seeing any results. Their solution is always “Be patient. The busy season is coming."

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Updated on 01/31/2019: I received an email on January 28th from SMTN customer service rep Stephan. He was very nice stating that he, as a licensed real estate agent can assist and facilitate rental transactions. What that equated to was that he would reach out to potential renters on our behalf, send out the rental agreement to both parties, and the collection of funds for the rental. SMTN would pay 50% of the rental up front and the remaining 50% once we have checked out. Also stated was that there are NO GUARANTEES, the reservation is NON REFUNDABLE and NON TRANSFERABLE and CANNOT be cancelled.

NO trip insurance here folks. Stephan did mention that SMTF is a "For Rent By Owner" site and if I would like to utilize his service of reaching out to the persons renting out their timeshare, there is a fee of $195 in addition to what the rental costs. Please note that this $195 fee is not disclosed in the auto reply email that you receive when you place in inquiry for a rental. The auto generated email leads you to believe that if and when you call SMTN customer service because the owner of the property didn't reply back that SMTN would reach out to them for you. So since this service is optional, I elected to take my chances and continue to reach the owners myself.

I also wondered if this fee was disclosed to those owners putting their timeshares up for rent on the site. I am certain they are being charged to put the ad on the site. I hope they don't think SMTN is going to include referring potential renters to them and that the referral service is included when they place the ad on the website. However, I would imagine going by SMTN track record there is most likely vague verbiage that eludes to that. I'm still leaving my rating at two stars simply because I didn't get an answer from customer service until after I placed this review, how coincidental and because of SMTN lack of transparency.

Updated on 01/26/2019: After I placed my initial review, not but an hour or so later I received a call from a woman by the name of Iris Customer Service Supervisor from SMTN. She apologized for the miscommunication and further stated that her company had undergone a change in the phone system and that she would look into why that particular contact number (855) 849-2025 was not working correctly.

Iris gave me two more contact numbers to use to reach them. She stated that their company prides itself on customer service and they will have one of her representatives reach out. She further stated that with the Martin Luther King holiday they were backed up with requests and that is why I had not heard from them almost a week later. She also asked that I update my review to show I have been contacted, as upper management closely watches how their customer service is handled. I did receive a phone message that same day and an email from the representative Stephan stating he would be glad to help with our rental we were looking for. By the time I had got home from work he unfortunately had left for the day, so I called today and left a voice mail for him. So I guess we will see where this goes

Original Review: This company advertises that they rent and sell timeshares. I was very interested in renting out a timeshare for our summer vacation. I submitted numerous inquires via their website and called at various time of the day on different days only to be greeted by a voice recording. This voice recording said "your call is very important to us, please hold for the next available person". Well you can wait until the cows come home. No one answers.

Next thing you know the recording changes to "We are sorry we missed your call, you have either called outside of our business hours (which I have not) or we are with other customers (which they are not)." Looks to me like this business is a scam. BUYER/RENTER BEWARE!!! Go through a legitimate real estate agent or through the resort themselves. Save your self the aggravation!!! NOTE: You have to rate this business to get the review posted... I really didn't want to give them any stars at all, that is why there is one star.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Thank you for selling my timeshares. The process from start to finish was everything you said it would be and more. I was kept in the loop from one step to the next and they sold sooner than anticipated. Look forward to your company helping me with my last timeshare. I would recommend you to others with no hesitation. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

4 years and still have the timeshare: We tried to sell our timeshare. We had to contact them to see how things were going. They didn’t contact us. Once they got their money they no longer talked to us. When we called they told us to keep lowering the price in order for it to go on the top of their list to be sold. Do not recommend this company.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I contacted SellMyTimeShareNow over a year ago, they assured me my package would sell quickly & advised me to put a certain price on the package. So after 6 months went by I lowered the price, then a few months later lowered it again, and still nothing! I find I got the runaround real bad, lots of talk and zero action, really disappointed in using SellMyTimeShareNow, a waste of money in my mind, now I'm out a lot of money and probably won't sell my package anyway. Plus I live in Canada so the exchange rate is very low for us here! I would have been better off just leaving things be and try to sell it privately! A waste of my time!

Resolution response: Jan. 24, 2019

Updated on 01/24/2019: I provided a negative review regarding the service of SMTN and after it was posted I was contacted by a customer service rep. The rep I spoke with was very helpful and after some discussion, a fair resolution was reached. I am satisfied with the outcome even though it should not have been inspired by a negative review.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Actually zero stars. As soon as they were able to get $1,600 in advert fees, I became the one doing the inquiry on status. This was as at March 2016. Still stuck with the timeshare while SMTN is $1,600 richer at my own expense. Last I heard from them was Dec 2016. My fault for believing all the marketing gimmicks. You would think they would be considerate since the reason for selling the timeshare in the first place is because you need money! Moral of the story, stay away from them, or any others who require a fee upfront prior to actual sale of the timeshare.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

We listed our property for 20,000 only to have nothing happen for 3 months. When we finally got ahold of the Timeshare sales agent he laugh it out price we were told to list at and said they are selling for about 6-7,000. Reduced price below the new numbers and still not one offer. Apparently for $1500 what you get is an ad on their website with no people actually trying to sell the timeshare. Will be contacting my legal team to proceed with this scam.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Updated on 01/01/2019: I provided a negative review for this company and after it was posted I received a call from Iris in their customer relations department. Iris was very sweet and apologized for not living up to my expectations. After some discussion she sincerely wished I had reached out to them again before writing my review. Now, I am not hanging in the wind without any communication from them. We discussed the price point for the timeshare and changed that. We also wished to rent if we couldn't sell and SMTN has offered to assist us in that at no additional charge. I have given them two more stars because they are trying to help. I have not doubt my review prompted the contact but if I can sell my timeshare, it was all worth it. I have not rented or sold my timeshare so stay posted and I will update on our progress.

Original Review: We have, I say HAVE, a timeshare that we decided we didn't wish to keep. They resort is by Spinnaker. Spinnaker will not help you sell the timeshare. We reached out to SellMyTimeshareNow approximately a year ago. I will admit we are a bit naive about this. The pitch made by SellMyTimeshareNow sounded great. They said they guarantee they would sell it. Our mistake was not having a timeframe for the sale. We paid them a good amount of money and have had no success. Contacting them is an exercise in futility. They are nice, pleasant and useless. Don't get taken by this company. They take your money and that is the end of it.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

The purchase started out very well. Right after contact salesman indicated they had another unit available for same price but was a different level, a better one. I was told that I could book the specific time period I wanted with the TS I originally contacted SMTS about and was assured I could. Not until closing was completed and tried to book week that I found out that I was lied to and I could not book in the time period I really wanted. Now I’m stuck with a TS week that I can’t use at the same time my family all does. Ask lots of questions and try and record conversation so you have proof of the lies they are telling you.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

My experience with SMTN was great from start to finish. Not only was the staff professional and appropriate they were extremely kind. I would recommend them again and again. In fact I'm using their service once. If you are planning to rent or to buy I highly recommend SMTN.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

SMTN.com helped me set a price for my timeshare in Hawaii and said they have sold several in that price range. After almost a year without a single offer I dropped the price. Then again after a few more months of no offers I dropped it again and then again. Still nothing so I ended up taking the lowball offer from the company timeshare resale office. In hindsight I should have done that a year ago. It was a waste of money.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

My timeshare has been listed for over two years with absolutely no result. No contact from them for 18 months, despite me emailing them. At this point I consider the upfront fee paid a waste and this company a scam. Do NOT recommend.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I purchased a timeshare unit in January 2018 through SellMyTimeshareNow and everything was processed as expected. There were no problems with the closing, and my timeshare unit was transferred properly. In my case, I purchase a unit located at the Holiday Inn Vacation Club at South Beach, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. We visited this site in October 2018 and the facility met our expectations. Very nice! We were current members of HIVC, and we were able to add this timeshare unit to our existing account, which about tripled our points available at only about 15% of the cost we had paid for our original unit. The SMTN people that we conversed with were very responsive and helpful in negotiating our transaction. We would highly recommend using SMTN.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

SellMyTimeshareNow promised the world and delivered nothing. I strongly advise you do not use them. First, I had to pay around $2000 and for that expected regular updates and advice. I got neither. When I contacted them, which always took several increasingly taut emails, I was fobbed off. It was up to me to check the website evidently. One person I contacted told me that he had bought suits for more than I was selling my timeshare for - that was the extent of his empathy. At one stage I had a potential buyer. I contacted SMTN with this person's details and asked them to contact her. They did not. I then tried to organize it myself and contacted SMTN (again several emails for a response) to ask if they could handle the legal details. This was too much trouble for them but eventually extracted a promise someone for their legal dept would contact me but it would cost several hundred dollars and take a few weeks for a title transfer.

The promised call never happened. In the end, I did what I should have done in the first place. I placed ads on Gumtree, Facebook and other places and found a buyer. The legal details were quickly done and cheaply so by me. DO NOT USE SMTN. There are reviews here that suggest they can do the job. I suspect many are fake and those that did have a positive experience were simply lucky to have a property that found a market. I doubt very much that anything SMTN did created the sale. SMTN is a scam. I may as well have given the $2000 to charity so it would have done some good. Do not use these ripoff merchants. They just take your money and give nothing in return.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Our family purchased a group of timeshares through the 1980-90s. As the family dynamic has changed over the years with the passing of our father and declining health of our mother, the timeshares are no longer a priority of the family. SellMyTimeshareNow has been a very good source for us in selling off our interests. Their communication with us has been very good, frequently sending us updates of any of the pending sales, always available for questions we may have, and very good at returning calls and emails. We have been impressed with their marketing and customer service systems, as they have been so effective from their Florida base and ours in Oregon.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Sell My Timeshare NOW was an easy site on which to list and sell my timeshare. I sold my timeshare quickly and would definitely recommend this site to anyone who is buying or selling. They make it easy and take care of everything. The people are more than willing to answer any questions and help you out. I would use this site to purchase another one. :)

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

An absolute shame and disgrace. Everyone was nice and respectful at first. Was told that it should not take any time to sell my unit since it was in a great location. Once I gave them my $1500.00 listing fee which by the way is a joke. I never heard from them. All I get is, "You need to update and lower your price." Well that is what I have done and two years later still in the same boat of no sell. They take your money and give nothing in return. I have lower price several times with no hits. You can look on the site and some of the units are selling for $1.00 and still haven’t sold. These people are a complete ripoff and will lie to you just to get your $1500.00. One day these idiots will have to answer for their actions and lies. SHAMEFUL!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I had a great experience selling my timeshare through SellMyTimeshareNow. From the first conversation all the way through the process the client representative was easy to work with and acted very professional. It made the process extremely smooth and I felt like I was taken care of all the way through until the sale of my property. I would recommend selling a timeshare through them to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I was having trouble marketing my timeshare to find a legitimate buyer when I found Sell My Time Share Now. Their staff is friendly and professional and also knowledgeable. They work with only the most reputable Time Share properties, and they guaranteed that my timeshare would sell in 12 months or less and they were right. Using their service enabled interested buyers to find my timeshare, and feel comfortable they were dealing with a reputable company. SMTN also ensured that only qualified buyers were connected with me, which was a huge concern for me. I would definitely recommend this company to help sell your timeshare property to ensure that you are working with professionals who know how all the ins and outs and who can handle the myriad details and complexities involved in selling a timeshare property.

Resolution response: Nov. 16, 2018

I will give them credit, once I published my review I received contact from Richard who has been quite helpful along with his colleague Rebecca. While I'm unhappy that a representative of their company mislead me at the beginning of my listing, Richard has been very transparent since, which I do appreciate. While I'm still waiting for an offer, I'm confident that Richard and Rebecca will do all they can to help facilitate the sale of my timeshare.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I’ve been trying to get a response from their customer care team for over a month and have had zero response to the last five emails. It’s just the tip of the iceberg of a terrible experience with this company. My timeshare has been on the market for over a year and not a single enquiry. When I listed it, they advised a value and when I last had any contact the suggestion was to drop the price by half. I feel foolish for paying $1500 to list my timeshare which has had no enquiries and they have done nothing to help in selling it. Frankly, these guys are just scammers who have scammed me out of my money. Avoid them like the plague. I’d give zero stars for this review but I have to leave something. So take my one star as a negative star review. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS DODGY ORGANISATION.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Sell My Timeshare Now fraudulently represents the success of its services and sales. While the salespeople cannot tell you what price to offer they make suggestions based on location and time of year. After paying my fee of almost 1500 where I was almost guaranteed at least an offer I made some follow-up calls because there was no activity... none. I was met by curt answers and the comments to just hang in there... we're in prime season, it's going to happen. Something didn't seem right so I started to do my research. I phoned and spoke with the Customer Service Manager.

He informed me that he contacted their legal department and they are under no obligation to provide to the public actual "sales" information. I told him, he's wrong and I will be following up. If the company is totally on the up and up, why would it be such a problem to provide information that supports their claims on their website. Company information is fraudulent in my opinion until they prove otherwise with actual sale numbers and information.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Going in was worried about selling my timeshare based on radio ads. These Professionals, SellMyTimeshareNow.com, made it very easy, sold as forecasted in 90 days at a price forecasted at the start. Great experience and would highly recommend based on market knowledge and professionalism.

Resolution response: Oct. 2, 2018

I had an issue with my advertisement with SellMyTimeshareNow and after speaking with several customer support specialists it went to their Account Manager and Customer Solution for a resolution. Not only was he very concerned about my issue with his company and offered satisfying resolution, but he agreed with my suggestion and complaints about the company's business practice. I hope the company will accept their customer's suggestion and concern and improve their business practice, maybe I will come back as a customer in the future.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

SellMyTimeshareNow.com business practices is dishonest and deceitful. I tried to sell my timeshare and calling a different company that doesn't require a out front fee. The woman said my Hawaii resort doesn't qualify for her company's portfolio but she knows a great company can help me. She transferred me to another person who offered me $2196 to sell my timeshare for $9000. I took the bait and paid the $2196 as I was naive to think I will end up net close to $7000 which will almost give my money back. After reviewing how they advertise my timeshare, there are 5 other are selling at the same price or less with the same one sentence wording and one and only unattractive picture.

This company has no intention of selling your timeshare. They took the out front fee and just post your timeshare on their website. It will be years before anyone even see it. I decided to cancel the membership, but no one will respond my phone call. I finally call my credit card to file a dispute to get them to get in touch with me but said I only have 10 days to cancel and it is too late. I first contacted them to cancel in less than 5 days but she claimed there is no record of me calling. They finally process my cancellation but no one has called me to confirm the cancellation nor did they refund the charges. It is a very dishonest business practice. Do not believe anything they tell you. They will get you sign up and pay for the charges and will do nothing to help you selling your timeshare.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

In 2000 we purchased what was then a timeshare in Maui at Embassy Resorts Int'l on Kaanapali Beach. The condo fees were doable when we began, but ramped up quickly as the years went by. We have not been able to use it since 2006. I somehow got hood-winked into listing with SMTN, by first talking to someone else that was interested in the property for Corporate purchase. Once we talked, she said mine was not one they could purchase; so via 3-way call she got me to SMTN.

The SMTN rep made me feel that it WAS possible to sell it, as we listed cheaper than the person could now buy it. My property is now a Diamond Resorts Int'l. SMTN promised that it would be listed Prominently, and that they had a good track record of sales and mine was a very good property. I even lowered price and offered to pay the 2018 condo fees to sweeten the deal. I did not get one iota of interest. I paid more than a year of condo fees for the SMTN listing and I also paid the condo fee for 2018, so double whammy. DO tons of research before you BUY a timeshare and then DO NOT ever expect to sell it! It is NOT an investment, it is an albatross. Good Luck!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

They took my money, promised results, and I never heard from them again. I initiated all contact throughout this 2-year relationship. I'm out $1,500 and still own a timeshare paying monthly maintenance fees. Still searching for that company that can help me exit this timeshare hell.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I contacted the company to get rid of my timeshare Harborside at Atlantis Bahamas. I got the very positive response. The company was constantly in touch by emails. Finally all the paperwork is done and closed the deal. I was very happy. I will recommend this company.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I contacted SellMyTimeshareNow company to legally dispose off my timeshare. The company responded at very timely manner and helped me to get rid of my timeshare, I am very much pleased with the outcome. I will highly recommend this company.

SellMyTimeshareNow expert review by Lisa Ann Schreier

SellMyTimeShareNow.com is a company that specializes in the reselling of timeshares. The company is based in Exeter, New Hampshire and Orlando, Florida, and they are currently the largest reseller of timeshares in the U.S.

• Large selection: Because SellMyTimeshareNow is the most popular reseller of timeshares, they have a huge selection of timeshares for sale, which means they'll most likely have something to meet the needs of most customers.

• Global exposure: The company operates in more than 218 countries, so people all over the world have access to their properties and services.

• Brand Partners: The site works with well-known and reputable brand partners, like Disney, Hilton, and Marriott, so customers can find properties that are guaranteed to be high quality.

• Professional customer assistance: The company has licensed real estate agents on staff to help customers pick and purchase the right timeshare option.

• CRDA membership: SellMyTimeshareNow.com is an active member of the American Resort Development Association, proving their reputation as an upstanding company.

• Best for: Travelers with a favorite vacation destination, large families, and young professionals with disposable income.

Profile picture of Lisa Ann Schreier
Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

SellMyTimeshareNow Company Information