2. Travel
  3. Timeshares
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.50/5

SellMyTimeshareNow, LLC is the leading provider of timeshare resale and rental advertising and marketing services in the vacation ownership industry. With over 5.5 million visits to its family of websites annually, SellMyTimeshareNow.com is the world’s most active online marketplace for the purchase and rental of timeshare products. Let us help you sell your vacation ownership, purchase a timeshare, or book a rental for your next vacation!

SellMyTimeshareNow Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?

Original review: March 18, 2020

I had a very good experience with SMTN. After being expertly duped into buying a timeshare with Westgate, I looked up SMTN and got in contact with them. Joe ** was the associate who handled my situation from start to finish. I’d like to give a big shout out to Joe. Excellent employee. He was a very nice, very professional person who explained literally every step of the process, and why those steps were being taken. He was very easy to talk to, and answered all my questions patiently. He explained that I was paying to place an advertisement for my timeshare onto SMTN’s official website. He explained the chances of Re-selling my timeshare with them were very good, and then he showed me how many people worldwide actually visit and browse through the website per day. It’s hit or miss whether anybody will buy or not, but at least your timeshare gets exposure.

Joe made it very clear that it wasn’t an absolute guarantee, but the odds were in my favor. That sounded fair, so I paid the $1,600. As it turns out, due to an oversight purely on my part, I wasn’t able to afford that in the long run. But luckily for me SMTN has a policy that states you can change your mind within ten days of the purchase and get your money refunded. I called Joe ** and he was very understanding. He didn’t make me feel bad about it at all. No guilt trips, or attempts to talk me out of it were used. I got my money put back onto my credit card and all is well.

I still have this Westgate timeshare to deal with, but in time when I can afford it, I’ll come back to SMTN. It’s NOT a scam. It is a legit business with good people behind it. If it were a scam, they would’ve taken my money and ran, or had a “All Sales Final“ rule or something. Many negative reviews on here and other sites are addressed by and fixed by SMTN. Scams do not make that effort. SMTN makes it quite clear what they do and how they do it, so make sure YOU understand before buying. That’s your responsibility.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for your review, John! And thank you for your wonderful feedback about our representative, Joe! At SellMyTimeshareNow, we take pride in assisting clients with selling, buying, and even renting a timeshare from start to finish. Our team always focuses on explaining our marketing and advertising service and the process of selling as clearly as possible, to all parties involved. We’ll be happy to assist you when you are ready to sell your timeshare in the future! We look forward to hearing from you.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

SellMyTimeshareNow worked with me to sell both of my timeshares with Westin in Mauii. I had realistic expectations of the amount of money I wanted to walk away with, and they helped me find buyers. About half of the sales price came to me, as expected. I had seen units through all kinds of websites for sale by owner as low as $1.00! I didn’t want to go through the hassle and headache of trying to sell my own units. Zachary was very courteous and easy to work with, and responsive to my questions. When you are to get out from under, give them a try.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Mariphil, thank you for your kind review of SellMyTimeshareNow. Our team strives to make sure our clients have realistic expectations about what to expect when selling, and we pride ourselves in assisting clients throughout the sales process from start to finish. SellMyTimeshareNow is a respected leader in the timeshare resale industry because of the dedication and hard work that we put into advertising and marketing your timeshare, providing the best exposure to buyers online. Congratulations again on the sale of your Westin ownership!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I recently purchased points from a timeshare owner that was looking to move on from their ownership. SMTN was able to provide me with the necessary assistance to allow this purchase to take place. This was my first experience with this type of purchase and I was very skeptical from start to finish. I must say that every step of the process as explained to me in detail was exactly the way things eventually worked out. The process does take some time but be patient and the results will be positive. This is a legal process so the proper steps need to be followed.

The biggest delay, to which SMTN was not at fault, was from the resort where the timeshare was located. Nothing was a priority to them even though they charge a small transfer fee. SMTN worked hard for me and was very diligent in their efforts. I would highly recommend that if you are looking for a timeshare purchase contact SMTN first and save considerable money in regards to direct from the resort purchases. We are very satisfied purchasers.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Tim, thank you so much for your recommendation of our services. We are so glad that we could assist you with your purchase, and that your experience was so positive. SMTN’s goal is to make sure that both buyers and sellers understand all the steps in the sales process from start to finish so that there are no surprises. We hope that you enjoy vacationing with your new Embarc Resorts ownership. Congratulations!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

As a buyer of a timeshare, I did have positive experience in regards to the purchasing of a Hilton Grand Vacation Club. It took about 60 days from end to end and then was able to make my first vacation booking. I did hesitate at the beginning since ratings at BBB were low however someone pointed out the fact the Timeshare Closing Services company was truly dealing the closing and they have very good rating. That eased my anxiety.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Jimmy, thank you for your review about your experience purchasing an HGVC ownership through SellMyTimeshareNow. And congratulations on your first vacation booking!

SellMyTimeshareNow.com has been in business since 2003. While it is unavoidable that a company that has been in business as long as SellMyTimeshareNow will receive some negative comments, we have a long tradition of working closely with both Consumer Affairs and the BBB to resolve any negative reviews or feedback we receive from consumers. Unfortunately, the BBB’s letter rating system does not take into account the full size of our business relative to the number of complaints received, nor do they include positive customer reviews in their calculation of a company’s rating. We work with tens of thousands of owners, buyers, and travelers every year, in comparison to the relatively small amount of complaints received each year through the BBB. This is why our focus is on working with each of our clients to achieve the best possible outcome for their unique situation and goals, and to foster actual transactions on the secondary market.

Thank you again for choosing SellMyTimeshareNow to help you purchase your ownership! If you need assistance in the future, we would love to work with you again!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

After recently completing a purchase of a Hyatt Residence Club timeshare unit through SellMyTimeshareNOW (SMTN), I'd give SMTN high marks for their significant role in the process. My rep Owen was a very friendly, knowledgeable, and responsive agent for the company; the complete closing process, albeit longer than I expected (SMTN did warn me about how the process might take 3-4 months -- and it did!!), was on point and went as planned. I followed their guidelines to get the $599 rebate check -- which they sent promptly as agreed. If I am looking to purchase another time share week -- which I hope to :) -- I'll definitely consider working w/ SMTN again.

SMJ

Happy Valley, OR

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Steve, congratulations on your recent purchase! We hope you enjoy your future vacations with Hyatt Residence Club. We really appreciate your honest feedback regarding your purchase and closing process experience. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: July 29, 2020

I contacted SMT and dealt with Jason to buy a Marriott timeshare. Jason was fantastic in dealing with someone who didn’t even know what escrow meant, explaining everything fully and gave me the pros & cons to help my decision making. Thank you!

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Loa, thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your experience with Sell My Timeshare Now as well as our representative, Jason! We are so happy to hear that you felt well informed throughout the process, as our goal is to act as a resource for our buyers and sellers and streamline the sales process for all parties. Congratulations on your purchase and we hope you enjoy your future vacations.

Original review: July 21, 2020

We listed our 4 timeshares with SMTN.com over a year ago. Our listed price was too high and we got no response for quite some time. As of today, we have sold 3 of the 4 timeshares that we have listed. We appreciate their service.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Shelvie, congratulations on selling 3 of your 4 timeshares so far! Thank you for sharing your experience working with SMTN.com. We'll work diligently to help you sell the last one as well.

Original review: July 16, 2020

We used SMTN.com to buy our new timeshare in Breck at a fraction of the cost of buying new through the resort. Communication between our sales rep and the rest of the team was wonderful, and we would definitely use them again to buy another week.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Lisa, thank you so much for sharing your experience purchasing through SMTN. We strive to provide a streamlined experience for both buyers and sellers, and we are so glad we were able to find you an ownership that suited your needs. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: June 28, 2020

Text of review to Consumer Affairs – Gave 1 star. We (my wife and I) purchased a membership in a vacation club-Bluegreen, subsequently unable to use it due to health problems. We were referred to SMTSN which turned into a bigger loss. Most of what we were told was either in error or false. Little contact, no results. Had we checked BBB, we would have known to steer clear. Learned the hard and expensive way. Regret having dealt with SMTSN - too late for us now, maybe not for someone else. Beware all the sunshine and roses. The bloom has faded and the clouds have no silver lining. Gave 1 star as that is the least. With an option, would go way, way lower. Disappointed that I was taken in by glib, smooth talker, who, obviously has done this before.

Original review: June 19, 2020

Purchased a timeshare using ** as my agent. It was an easy painless transaction. They communicated with me even on holidays and weekends. They were efficient and handled everything electronically! They even handled reserving our week. I would use them again any day.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for much for your review, Heba! We strive to provide a streamlined process for buyers and sellers using our platform. We are so glad to hear you had a positive experience with us and hope to work with you in the future!

SellMyTimeshareNow author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

SellMyTimeShareNow.com is a company that specializes in the reselling of timeshares. The company is based in Exeter, New Hampshire and Orlando, Florida, and they are currently the largest reseller of timeshares in the U.S.

• Large selection: Because SellMyTimeshareNow is the most popular reseller of timeshares, they have a huge selection of timeshares for sale, which means they'll most likely have something to meet the needs of most customers.

• Global exposure: The company operates in more than 218 countries, so people all over the world have access to their properties and services.

• Brand Partners: The site works with well-known and reputable brand partners, like Disney, Hilton, and Marriott, so customers can find properties that are guaranteed to be high quality.

• Professional customer assistance: The company has licensed real estate agents on staff to help customers pick and purchase the right timeshare option.

• CRDA membership: SellMyTimeshareNow.com is an active member of the American Resort Development Association, proving their reputation as an upstanding company.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

SellMyTimeshareNow Company Information