2. Travel
  3. Timeshares
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.06/5

SellMyTimeshareNow, LLC is the leading provider of timeshare resale and rental advertising and marketing services in the vacation ownership industry. With over 5.5 million visits to its family of websites annually, SellMyTimeshareNow.com is the world’s most active online marketplace for the purchase and rental of timeshare products. Let us help you sell your vacation ownership, purchase a timeshare, or book a rental for your next vacation!

SellMyTimeshareNow Gallery (5)
View More View More
SellMyTimeshareNow(855) 484-6848

SellMyTimeshareNow Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I recently purchased points from a timeshare owner that was looking to move on from their ownership. SMTN was able to provide me with the necessary assistance to allow this purchase to take place. This was my first experience with this type of purchase and I was very skeptical from start to finish. I must say that every step of the process as explained to me in detail was exactly the way things eventually worked out. The process does take some time but be patient and the results will be positive. This is a legal process so the proper steps need to be followed.

The biggest delay, to which SMTN was not at fault, was from the resort where the timeshare was located. Nothing was a priority to them even though they charge a small transfer fee. SMTN worked hard for me and was very diligent in their efforts. I would highly recommend that if you are looking for a timeshare purchase contact SMTN first and save considerable money in regards to direct from the resort purchases. We are very satisfied purchasers.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Tim, thank you so much for your recommendation of our services. We are so glad that we could assist you with your purchase, and that your experience was so positive. SMTN’s goal is to make sure that both buyers and sellers understand all the steps in the sales process from start to finish so that there are no surprises. We hope that you enjoy vacationing with your new Embarc Resorts ownership. Congratulations!

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

As a buyer of a timeshare, I did have positive experience in regards to the purchasing of a Hilton Grand Vacation Club. It took about 60 days from end to end and then was able to make my first vacation booking. I did hesitate at the beginning since ratings at BBB were low however someone pointed out the fact the Timeshare Closing Services company was truly dealing the closing and they have very good rating. That eased my anxiety.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Jimmy, thank you for your review about your experience purchasing an HGVC ownership through SellMyTimeshareNow. And congratulations on your first vacation booking!

SellMyTimeshareNow.com has been in business since 2003. While it is unavoidable that a company that has been in business as long as SellMyTimeshareNow will receive some negative comments, we have a long tradition of working closely with both Consumer Affairs and the BBB to resolve any negative reviews or feedback we receive from consumers. Unfortunately, the BBB’s letter rating system does not take into account the full size of our business relative to the number of complaints received, nor do they include positive customer reviews in their calculation of a company’s rating. We work with tens of thousands of owners, buyers, and travelers every year, in comparison to the relatively small amount of complaints received each year through the BBB. This is why our focus is on working with each of our clients to achieve the best possible outcome for their unique situation and goals, and to foster actual transactions on the secondary market.

Thank you again for choosing SellMyTimeshareNow to help you purchase your ownership! If you need assistance in the future, we would love to work with you again!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

After recently completing a purchase of a Hyatt Residence Club timeshare unit through SellMyTimeshareNOW (SMTN), I'd give SMTN high marks for their significant role in the process. My rep Owen was a very friendly, knowledgeable, and responsive agent for the company; the complete closing process, albeit longer than I expected (SMTN did warn me about how the process might take 3-4 months -- and it did!!), was on point and went as planned. I followed their guidelines to get the $599 rebate check -- which they sent promptly as agreed. If I am looking to purchase another time share week -- which I hope to :) -- I'll definitely consider working w/ SMTN again.

SMJ

Happy Valley, OR

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Steve, congratulations on your recent purchase! We hope you enjoy your future vacations with Hyatt Residence Club. We really appreciate your honest feedback regarding your purchase and closing process experience. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I am very pleased with the job Bunny did for me! I saw an attractively priced ad on the website and sent an inquiry. Bunny reached out to me promptly and we talked briefly about what I was interested in. Turns out the property in the ad I saw was already under contract, but Bunny located a similar (higher priced) listing, contacted the Seller and negotiated for the same price I had seen before contacting me again. She made it so easy for me and I got a great deal. The whole contracting / closing process has gone very smoothly too. I'm very pleased.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Norm, thank you so much for your review of SellMyTimeshareNow.com. We are always working to connect buyers and sellers and to assist in negotiating successful sales for our customers! Thank you so much for doing business with us, and congratulations on your purchase!

Original review: March 14, 2019

This was not our first rodeo. We have been scammed and we have been slammed. Selling a timeshare is not easy. We have lost a few thousand dollars in "trying" to sell our timeshare. The last venture was trading it for a vacation club where we would owe them money after we transferred our property to them. That led us to outright donating it to a charity. A woman at the charity told us NOT to donate it as it was too valuable a property (4 bedroom lockout on the Vegas Strip). She gave us the number of a gentleman from SMTN and we were invited to put it up for sale once more for a fee that we figured was another rip-off.

Four weeks later it was under contract and a few months later, it was sold and we had a check in hand. It was seamless and easy and there was ALWAYS somebody on the other end of the whole process that told us what was going on, where we were in the process, how much time to expect the process to take and they understood that we were taking a huge loss by the sale so they were very gentle. I would seriously recommend them to anyone selling a timeshare but especially the more expensive exclusive ones like ours. Our children did not want it and we are getting to that age where we may leave this life at any time so we wanted to unload it before that time came to protect our children. We are very satisfied with the process.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I was extremely pleased with every aspect of how Sell My Timeshare NOW handled my purchase of multiple timeshares. They even called me up and sent me emails when a bargain hit the market for places that interest me.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for your feedback, Richard! We are happy to hear that your experience with Sell My Timeshare Now was so positive. We hope you enjoy all your future vacations!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

First of all, let me say that in my desperation, I acted rashly so fell for a con. So that is on my head. I signed up with SMTS in 2016 and nothing has happened - no activity on my time share. But, that is based on demand so, fine. However, **, an employee of SMTS, contacted me on 5/9/2019 with an offer to offload my TS if I paid ~$5k. Because he is associated with SMTS, I was more gullible than I normally am. Part of the contract I signed is that I would no longer be responsible for maintenance payments. Well, when the time for payment came due, everyone with whom I'd associated, including **, disappeared into the woodwork.

A few weeks ago I called Customer Service at SMTS and related the whole saga (I was put on hold the first time and the person disappeared but the second guy stayed on the line and typed up what I was telling him and said someone would be in touch. ** is still an employee. I have heard nothing back since. Hence, this review. I have reached out to a couple of legal firms to pursue action against the firms with whom ** had me contract, and this is sort of underway. But I wanted to warn other potential victims. Again, I blame myself for trusting someone I should not have.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Shama, we apologize for your experience, and we take your feedback very seriously. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you to learn more about the issues you have experienced. Please expect a call from a member of our Customer Solutions team to discuss your concerns in detail and to provide additional assistance. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

We sold our timeshare with you. It was so easy. We were kept informed every step of the way which was not so easy given the time difference but everything was dealt with straight away. Any questions we had was answered promptly.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Brian, thank you so much for your kind review. SellMyTimeshareNow strives to keep our clients informed throughout the sales process, no matter where they are located geographically. Thank you again for your review, and congratulations on the sale of your timeshare!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

We purchased our timeshare for a very specific purpose along with two other families. To make it work we had to find the right units at the right price. SellMyTimeshareNow was very good at negotiating our price and finding something that worked for all of us. We look forward to using this each year.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for your review, Chip. We are glad that we were able to help you and your family purchase the perfect ownership to meet your needs. SellMyTimeshareNow is the best marketplace for timeshare resales, and our dedicated representatives are focused on connecting buyers like you with owners who want to sell their timeshares! Congratulations on your recent purchase. We hope that you and your family enjoy your new timeshare ownership and create lasting memories.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I was referred to SellMyTimeshareNow a few years back and paid the up front fees. The woman I spoke with was so convincing that I would have no problems selling my timeshare and they would help me sell. It has been more than 2 years and not even an offer and I have reduced the price to much lower than I owe at this point. When I contacted them about a refund they told me I could only have that in the first 10 months but was never told that when I first listed with them. Now I’m stuck with a timeshare I pay for, never use and down the fee for this place. I have never been contacted by these people once they had my money to help sell the timeshare either. Just beware!!!

SellMyTimeshareNow expert review by Lisa Ann Schreier

SellMyTimeShareNow.com is a company that specializes in the reselling of timeshares. The company is based in Exeter, New Hampshire and Orlando, Florida, and they are currently the largest reseller of timeshares in the U.S.

• Large selection: Because SellMyTimeshareNow is the most popular reseller of timeshares, they have a huge selection of timeshares for sale, which means they'll most likely have something to meet the needs of most customers.

• Global exposure: The company operates in more than 218 countries, so people all over the world have access to their properties and services.

• Brand Partners: The site works with well-known and reputable brand partners, like Disney, Hilton, and Marriott, so customers can find properties that are guaranteed to be high quality.

• Professional customer assistance: The company has licensed real estate agents on staff to help customers pick and purchase the right timeshare option.

• CRDA membership: SellMyTimeshareNow.com is an active member of the American Resort Development Association, proving their reputation as an upstanding company.

• Best for: Travelers with a favorite vacation destination, large families, and young professionals with disposable income.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

SellMyTimeshareNow Company Information