2. Travel
  3. Timeshares
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.80/5

SellMyTimeshareNow (SMTN) is an online marketplace that connects timeshare buyers, sellers and renters on a worldwide platform. The SMTN website has over 10,000 unique visitors daily, and the advanced search features make it easy to find opportunities whether you’re selling your timeshare or looking to buy or rent property.

BOTTOM LINE

SellMyTimeshareNow is an active online marketplace that connects timeshare owners with people looking to buy or rent timeshare properties. The customer care team walks sellers through every step of the sale.

PROS

• Sell or rent your timeshare
  • Find a timeshare to rent
  • Helps you reach a wider market

CONS

• Reviews mention complex contracts

Top SellMyTimeshareNow Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?

We used SMTN.com to buy our new timeshare in Breck at a fraction of the cost of buying new through the resort. Communication between our sales rep and the rest of the team was wonderful, and we would definitely use them again to buy another week.

SellMyTimeshareNOW made the process quick and easy. Our biggest concern, not having sold a timeshare before, was that we would somehow fall victim to a scam. This obviously was not the case and the transaction unfolded exactly as all documentation said it would.

How does SellMyTimeshareNow work?

SellMyTimeshareNow puts your property in front of thousands of interested buyers and renters looking for a hassle-free timeshare buying experience. Whether you’re looking to sell your timeshare or rent it out, listing your property on SMTN puts it in front of the exact people who are looking for it.

Selling your timeshare

Sellers who can no longer afford to pay maintenance fees or don’t have the time to use their property can sell it to buyers who don’t want to participate in the traditional timeshare presentation process. SMTN gets your property in front of buyers in more than 200 countries. The company has no hidden fees and advertises a hassle-free closing process.

SMTN uses internet marketing techniques to target a global audience of customers. Thousands of buyers find its website through search engines like Google and Yahoo. SMTN also assists with closing and transfer services.

When you sign up with SMTN, your property is advertised on a listing page that lets you customize the description, pictures and ownership details. Through the owner dashboard, you can track and respond to messages and inquiries and connect with the customer care team.

Renting your timeshare

SMTN also connects owners with people looking to rent property. The average rental rate on SMTN is around $1,700. With average timeshare fees ranging from $1,000 to $1,200, renting out your timeshare can cover maintenance fees. Rental fees are discounted for owners who also list a property for sale on the SMTN website. Many sellers rent out their timeshare while they are waiting for it to sell.

SellMyTimeshareNow costs

The first step in selling your timeshare with SMTN is figuring out how much it is worth. The value of a timeshare property depends on different things such as:

• Ownership type
  • Usage frequency
  • Unit type and size
  • Points package

Customers can view a live offer feed to see how much other sellers are being offered for their properties. These numbers change constantly, but below are some examples of timeshare properties in popular resorts and their SMTN offers:

• Two-bedroom, two-bath suite at Sheraton Vista Villages in Orlando: $10,000
  • Two-bedroom, two-bath suite at Banyan Harbor in Hawaii: $6,000
  • Two-bedroom, two-bath suite at Coconut Bay Resort in Ft. Lauderdale: $1,500
  • One-bedroom, one-bath suite at Bluewater Resort in Hilton Head: $22,900

SellMyTimeshareNow FAQ

Is SellMyTimeshareNow a scam?
Sell My Timeshare is a legitimate company that specializes in timeshare resale and rental services. Some reviews state that SMTN does not always sell the property as quickly as it advertises and the contract can be confusing, but there are no hidden fees and customers have the option to cancel.
What does SellMyTimeshareNow do?
Sell My Timeshare connects timeshare owners with people who want to buy or rent a timeshare. It is an active online marketplace that uses innovative search engine optimization strategies to get available timeshare properties in front of qualified buyers.
Is Sell My Timeshare a legal company?
Yes. SellMyTimeshareNow is legal.
Is SellMyTimeshareNow safe?
There are always risks in investment properties, but STMN is not known to be an unsafe or fraudulent company.

Is SellMyTimeshareNow legit?

Yes. SMTN has helped thousands of sellers connect with qualified renters and buyers to assist timeshare owners sell their property. We recommend SellMyTimeshareNow for people looking to buy, rent or sell a timeshare property.

SellMyTimeshareNow Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

My wife and I bought into the HGVC years ago as a means to try and fix the cost of bringing our large family together every year for a family reunion. Our 7 children now have families of their own and live in different states. California became the most central gathering place for us, especially because we are beach lovers. As the number of grandchildren has grown, we've needed more points in order to have enough room for us to spend a week together. Being able to buy more points in the secondary market has been an amazing way for us to reach our goals and still remain in our budget. This has really been a boon for our family.

We use every point every year and have the memories as a family to prove it. Thanks for your help. Others may find timeshares a burden, we have learned how to make them a great blessing in our lives and a wonderful way to come together to celebrate our relationships as family members. It is a cherished tradition for us all.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

George, thank you so much for sharing your experience purchasing more points on the secondary market. We are so glad to hear your HGVC ownership is working out so well for you, and that we could assist you in adding even more flexibility and options for usage. Many owners have the same experience when they need to upgrade their existing ownership, and purchasing resale is a great way to save on the costs of adding more points. Plus, by purchasing resale you are helping another owner who is ready to move on from their ownership - buying on the resale market in truly a win-win scenario for all parties! Thank you again for working with SellMyTimeshareNow.com, and we look forward to working with you again if the need arises. Enjoy your future family vacations in California!

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I had a very good experience with SMTN. After being expertly duped into buying a timeshare with Westgate, I looked up SMTN and got in contact with them. Joe ** was the associate who handled my situation from start to finish. I’d like to give a big shout out to Joe. Excellent employee. He was a very nice, very professional person who explained literally every step of the process, and why those steps were being taken. He was very easy to talk to, and answered all my questions patiently. He explained that I was paying to place an advertisement for my timeshare onto SMTN’s official website. He explained the chances of Re-selling my timeshare with them were very good, and then he showed me how many people worldwide actually visit and browse through the website per day. It’s hit or miss whether anybody will buy or not, but at least your timeshare gets exposure.

Joe made it very clear that it wasn’t an absolute guarantee, but the odds were in my favor. That sounded fair, so I paid the $1,600. As it turns out, due to an oversight purely on my part, I wasn’t able to afford that in the long run. But luckily for me SMTN has a policy that states you can change your mind within ten days of the purchase and get your money refunded. I called Joe ** and he was very understanding. He didn’t make me feel bad about it at all. No guilt trips, or attempts to talk me out of it were used. I got my money put back onto my credit card and all is well.

I still have this Westgate timeshare to deal with, but in time when I can afford it, I’ll come back to SMTN. It’s NOT a scam. It is a legit business with good people behind it. If it were a scam, they would’ve taken my money and ran, or had a “All Sales Final“ rule or something. Many negative reviews on here and other sites are addressed by and fixed by SMTN. Scams do not make that effort. SMTN makes it quite clear what they do and how they do it, so make sure YOU understand before buying. That’s your responsibility.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for your review, John! And thank you for your wonderful feedback about our representative, Joe! At SellMyTimeshareNow, we take pride in assisting clients with selling, buying, and even renting a timeshare from start to finish. Our team always focuses on explaining our marketing and advertising service and the process of selling as clearly as possible, to all parties involved. We’ll be happy to assist you when you are ready to sell your timeshare in the future! We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

SellMyTimeshareNow worked with me to sell both of my timeshares with Westin in Mauii. I had realistic expectations of the amount of money I wanted to walk away with, and they helped me find buyers. About half of the sales price came to me, as expected. I had seen units through all kinds of websites for sale by owner as low as $1.00! I didn’t want to go through the hassle and headache of trying to sell my own units. Zachary was very courteous and easy to work with, and responsive to my questions. When you are to get out from under, give them a try.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Mariphil, thank you for your kind review of SellMyTimeshareNow. Our team strives to make sure our clients have realistic expectations about what to expect when selling, and we pride ourselves in assisting clients throughout the sales process from start to finish. SellMyTimeshareNow is a respected leader in the timeshare resale industry because of the dedication and hard work that we put into advertising and marketing your timeshare, providing the best exposure to buyers online. Congratulations again on the sale of your Westin ownership!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I recently purchased points from a timeshare owner that was looking to move on from their ownership. SMTN was able to provide me with the necessary assistance to allow this purchase to take place. This was my first experience with this type of purchase and I was very skeptical from start to finish. I must say that every step of the process as explained to me in detail was exactly the way things eventually worked out. The process does take some time but be patient and the results will be positive. This is a legal process so the proper steps need to be followed.

The biggest delay, to which SMTN was not at fault, was from the resort where the timeshare was located. Nothing was a priority to them even though they charge a small transfer fee. SMTN worked hard for me and was very diligent in their efforts. I would highly recommend that if you are looking for a timeshare purchase contact SMTN first and save considerable money in regards to direct from the resort purchases. We are very satisfied purchasers.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Tim, thank you so much for your recommendation of our services. We are so glad that we could assist you with your purchase, and that your experience was so positive. SMTN’s goal is to make sure that both buyers and sellers understand all the steps in the sales process from start to finish so that there are no surprises. We hope that you enjoy vacationing with your new Embarc Resorts ownership. Congratulations!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

As a buyer of a timeshare, I did have positive experience in regards to the purchasing of a Hilton Grand Vacation Club. It took about 60 days from end to end and then was able to make my first vacation booking. I did hesitate at the beginning since ratings at BBB were low however someone pointed out the fact the Timeshare Closing Services company was truly dealing the closing and they have very good rating. That eased my anxiety.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Jimmy, thank you for your review about your experience purchasing an HGVC ownership through SellMyTimeshareNow. And congratulations on your first vacation booking!

SellMyTimeshareNow.com has been in business since 2003. While it is unavoidable that a company that has been in business as long as SellMyTimeshareNow will receive some negative comments, we have a long tradition of working closely with both Consumer Affairs and the BBB to resolve any negative reviews or feedback we receive from consumers. Unfortunately, the BBB’s letter rating system does not take into account the full size of our business relative to the number of complaints received, nor do they include positive customer reviews in their calculation of a company’s rating. We work with tens of thousands of owners, buyers, and travelers every year, in comparison to the relatively small amount of complaints received each year through the BBB. This is why our focus is on working with each of our clients to achieve the best possible outcome for their unique situation and goals, and to foster actual transactions on the secondary market.

Thank you again for choosing SellMyTimeshareNow to help you purchase your ownership! If you need assistance in the future, we would love to work with you again!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

The experience was smooth. Led by very professional, helpful, and competent staff. While I didn't get as much as I wanted for the property, this was not the fault of the company, and I felt no pressure to accept the offer as presented by the buyer.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Andrew, congratulations on the sale of your Hyatt Beach House Resort timeshare! We strive to provide a positive experience for both buyers and sellers on our platform and are pleased to hear you were satisfied with the sale of your vacation ownership interest. We appreciate you sharing your feedback on your experience with Sell My Timeshare Now and hope you will keep us in mind for any of your future timeshare needs.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

First I run my own business and over the past 2 years have been contacted by multiple sources offering to sell me good reviews and likes on our Facebook page. Hmmm. I contracted with SMTN in 2015 to sell my Marriott's Frenchman's Cove timeshare. Was told by ** that it would sell fast because of the popularity of the location and was also told she would be my personal service rep and I could speak to her directly every time I called. I have not spoken with her since. Hmmm.

After several years and close to $20000.00 in maintenance fees and only maybe 5 emails that someone had looked at the offer I called them. I spoke with what seemed to be a very sympathetic lady named **. I explained the situation and she said they would attempt to continue to sell it but assured me if they couldn't I would receive a full refund. Mysteriously the past year I've received more inquiries only views mind on my property than I have the entire 4 years prior. Hmmmm.

So close to $20000.00 in maintenance fees taxes for 5 years on the property that they said would sell fast and they would give me back my $1800.00. She also stated due to the amount of money I've spent if it didn't sell she would refer me to an attorney THEY worked with to help me get out from under and she said she would explain to them my situation and the fees would be waived. Well I received my refund along with a bill from the attorney for $1500.00 who now you need to understand this he gave me a 1-800 number. That's it.

So to recap was told it would sell fast, told by my rep she would be available to me personally, virtually no interest in my property until I filed a BBB complaint at which time mysteriously my property became very interesting. Was told I would receive a refund and no charge for attorney that they worked with and the attorney only supplied me with a 1-800 number which is apparently available if you know where to look. And I have to say I am amazed at the amount of 5 star reviews they have. Hmmm.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for your feedback, James. While we regret you are disappointed with your experience with SMTN, we want to first address your comment regarding our reviews. We take great pride in providing quality service, and there is no greater compliment than when a satisfied customer shares a positive review as a result of their experience with SMTN. We do not, in any way, engage in the practice of purchasing or fabricating reviews.

We understand your frustration with the length of time your property has been listed; however, we do not guarantee the length of time it will take for a timeshare to sell or rent, nor the price at which a property will sell or rent. As with any type of advertisement, details such as asking price and brand can have a significant effect on whether buyers or renters decide to make an offer. While we cannot determine the timeframe of each individual success, we are committed to helping our clients until their interval is sold.

As you have stated, following your prior conversations with our Customer Solutions team, we provided you with a full refund.

Our Customer Solutions team will be reaching out to you today to attempt to resolve your outstanding concerns. We look forward to speaking with you.

SellMyTimeshareNow Customer Solutions

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

The value the team helped us to get on the property was great. The timing to close the transaction and the communication along the way was spotty at-best. If the communication was proactive - this would be a 5-star review.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for your feedback, Joseph. We’re so glad to hear you were pleased with the value of your recent Westin St. John Resort and Villas transaction and appreciate you sharing your concerns regarding timing and communication during the closing process. SellMyTimeshareNOW is an online marketplace that connects buyers and sellers and is separate from the closing company that handles the completion of the sale. Due to a number of factors, timeshare closings can take anywhere from 90 to 120 days, depending on the ownership and the responsiveness of the buyer, seller and the resort or developer, among other things. We regret that your transaction took longer than expected and will communicate your feedback to the closing company and all parties involved. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this process – we are glad the sale came to a successful completion and hope to have the chance to work with you again in the future.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I have a time Share in Las Vegas but because of my husband's job commitment we are unable to use it. I reached out to a company to sell it who directed me to this company. I spoke to a gentleman who told me they are in high demands for this type of time share and would not have a problem selling it. They told me I had to pay a fee upfront. I told him I would be making a sacrifice with my credit card because he was very excited how in demand they were for my type of property. I have not gotten 1 offer and even dropped the price twice.

I told them I need a refund and the lady say give it some more time. Now they contact me to say they have Lawyers who can make the company take it back but I have to agree to walk away with $0. I felt like I was sucked in by a fast talker. All I ask that they return my money that I got no service for. It is so unfair for people to treat people like that. I Email them several time but they are so uncooperative. I just need my money back. Thank you.

Hi Janet,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Upon initial review, we do see that you have received multiple inquiries on your advertisement, and that you communicated with our team on multiple occasions since signing up for our services, including regarding those inquiries. Unfortunately, not every inquiry will turn into a completed sale, and SellMyTimeshareNow cannot control whether a buyer decides to move forward. However, we take customer service very seriously and hope to work with you to resolve your concerns quickly. Our Customer Solutions team will be reaching out to you today. Our aim is to ensure every owner we work with is successful on our marketplace, and we look forward to speaking with you.

SellMyTimeshareNow Customer Solutions

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

The service was courteous and professional. I appreciated the follow through and the results speak for themselves. I liked the way I could check in with the dashboard to keep up with the activity. I look forward to other sales of other units.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Jack, thank you for sharing your feedback! Our aim is to provide a positive experience for both buyers and sellers on our platform, and we are pleased to hear you were satisfied with the level of communication from our agents and the functionality of our Owner Dashboard. Congratulations on the successful sale of your Marriott’s Grande Ocean ownership interests through Sell My Timeshare Now – we look forward to continuing to work with you!

SellMyTimeshareNow Company Information