2. Travel
  3. Timeshares
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.43/5

SellMyTimeshareNow, LLC is the leading provider of timeshare resale and rental advertising and marketing services in the vacation ownership industry. With over 5.5 million visits to its family of websites annually, SellMyTimeshareNow.com is the world’s most active online marketplace for the purchase and rental of timeshare products. Let us help you sell your vacation ownership, purchase a timeshare, or book a rental for your next vacation!

SellMyTimeshareNow Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 18, 2020

I had a very good experience with SMTN. After being expertly duped into buying a timeshare with Westgate, I looked up SMTN and got in contact with them. Joe ** was the associate who handled my situation from start to finish. I’d like to give a big shout out to Joe. Excellent employee. He was a very nice, very professional person who explained literally every step of the process, and why those steps were being taken. He was very easy to talk to, and answered all my questions patiently. He explained that I was paying to place an advertisement for my timeshare onto SMTN’s official website. He explained the chances of Re-selling my timeshare with them were very good, and then he showed me how many people worldwide actually visit and browse through the website per day. It’s hit or miss whether anybody will buy or not, but at least your timeshare gets exposure.

Joe made it very clear that it wasn’t an absolute guarantee, but the odds were in my favor. That sounded fair, so I paid the $1,600. As it turns out, due to an oversight purely on my part, I wasn’t able to afford that in the long run. But luckily for me SMTN has a policy that states you can change your mind within ten days of the purchase and get your money refunded. I called Joe ** and he was very understanding. He didn’t make me feel bad about it at all. No guilt trips, or attempts to talk me out of it were used. I got my money put back onto my credit card and all is well.

I still have this Westgate timeshare to deal with, but in time when I can afford it, I’ll come back to SMTN. It’s NOT a scam. It is a legit business with good people behind it. If it were a scam, they would’ve taken my money and ran, or had a “All Sales Final“ rule or something. Many negative reviews on here and other sites are addressed by and fixed by SMTN. Scams do not make that effort. SMTN makes it quite clear what they do and how they do it, so make sure YOU understand before buying. That’s your responsibility.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for your review, John! And thank you for your wonderful feedback about our representative, Joe! At SellMyTimeshareNow, we take pride in assisting clients with selling, buying, and even renting a timeshare from start to finish. Our team always focuses on explaining our marketing and advertising service and the process of selling as clearly as possible, to all parties involved. We’ll be happy to assist you when you are ready to sell your timeshare in the future! We look forward to hearing from you.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 11, 2020

Nanea Ocean Villas Timeshare Purchase. We purchased a timeshare resell and our experience was a positive one. We were keep informed throughout the entire process and we were given clear and concise instructions from the time of submitting an initial offer through the timeshare closing. Whenever we had questions, they were answered promptly. Lastly, we got a great deal on the timeshare!

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you, Peter. Our goal at SellMyTimeshareNow is to keep both the buyer and the seller informed throughout the sales process. One of the reasons SellMyTimeshareNow is a leader in the resale timeshare industry is because we make it easy for clients to search our website to find their desired vacation ownership at a reasonable price. We work hard to connect buyers with timeshare owners advertising their properties in our marketplace, and we are glad we were able to assist you! Congratulations, and we hope that you enjoy your new ownership at Nanea Ocean Villas!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I recently purchased points from a timeshare owner that was looking to move on from their ownership. SMTN was able to provide me with the necessary assistance to allow this purchase to take place. This was my first experience with this type of purchase and I was very skeptical from start to finish. I must say that every step of the process as explained to me in detail was exactly the way things eventually worked out. The process does take some time but be patient and the results will be positive. This is a legal process so the proper steps need to be followed.

The biggest delay, to which SMTN was not at fault, was from the resort where the timeshare was located. Nothing was a priority to them even though they charge a small transfer fee. SMTN worked hard for me and was very diligent in their efforts. I would highly recommend that if you are looking for a timeshare purchase contact SMTN first and save considerable money in regards to direct from the resort purchases. We are very satisfied purchasers.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Tim, thank you so much for your recommendation of our services. We are so glad that we could assist you with your purchase, and that your experience was so positive. SMTN’s goal is to make sure that both buyers and sellers understand all the steps in the sales process from start to finish so that there are no surprises. We hope that you enjoy vacationing with your new Embarc Resorts ownership. Congratulations!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

As a buyer of a timeshare, I did have positive experience in regards to the purchasing of a Hilton Grand Vacation Club. It took about 60 days from end to end and then was able to make my first vacation booking. I did hesitate at the beginning since ratings at BBB were low however someone pointed out the fact the Timeshare Closing Services company was truly dealing the closing and they have very good rating. That eased my anxiety.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Jimmy, thank you for your review about your experience purchasing an HGVC ownership through SellMyTimeshareNow. And congratulations on your first vacation booking!

SellMyTimeshareNow.com has been in business since 2003. While it is unavoidable that a company that has been in business as long as SellMyTimeshareNow will receive some negative comments, we have a long tradition of working closely with both Consumer Affairs and the BBB to resolve any negative reviews or feedback we receive from consumers. Unfortunately, the BBB’s letter rating system does not take into account the full size of our business relative to the number of complaints received, nor do they include positive customer reviews in their calculation of a company’s rating. We work with tens of thousands of owners, buyers, and travelers every year, in comparison to the relatively small amount of complaints received each year through the BBB. This is why our focus is on working with each of our clients to achieve the best possible outcome for their unique situation and goals, and to foster actual transactions on the secondary market.

Thank you again for choosing SellMyTimeshareNow to help you purchase your ownership! If you need assistance in the future, we would love to work with you again!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

After recently completing a purchase of a Hyatt Residence Club timeshare unit through SellMyTimeshareNOW (SMTN), I'd give SMTN high marks for their significant role in the process. My rep Owen was a very friendly, knowledgeable, and responsive agent for the company; the complete closing process, albeit longer than I expected (SMTN did warn me about how the process might take 3-4 months -- and it did!!), was on point and went as planned. I followed their guidelines to get the $599 rebate check -- which they sent promptly as agreed. If I am looking to purchase another time share week -- which I hope to :) -- I'll definitely consider working w/ SMTN again.

SMJ

Happy Valley, OR

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Steve, congratulations on your recent purchase! We hope you enjoy your future vacations with Hyatt Residence Club. We really appreciate your honest feedback regarding your purchase and closing process experience. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?

Original review: May 21, 2020

Great experience from start to closing. Our agent answered all our questions and we were starting the closing process within a week of first contact. Even closed quicker than what was expected and ownership transferred over with no issues. Would recommend them to anyone searching for a timeshare.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Linda, thank you so much for sharing your experience purchasing a Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare from one of the owners advertising on SellMyTimeshareNow.com. We pride ourselves in streamlining the timeshare sales process for both buyers and owners, so we are glad to hear that your experience was so positive. We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy the ownership for many years to come!

Original review: May 20, 2020

SellMyTimeshareNOW made the process quick and easy. Our biggest concern, not having sold a timeshare before, was that we would somehow fall victim to a scam. This obviously was not the case and the transaction unfolded exactly as all documentation said it would.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Casey, thank you so much for your review of your experience selling your timeshare with SellMyTimeshareNOW. And congratulations on no longer owning a timeshare!

Original review: May 17, 2020

My salesman Victor was knowledgeable, responsive, and quite patient with my multiple property questions, and inquiries...ultimately Negotiated a great deal on a Timeshare at Westin Lagunamar. We now own 3 different properties! Would definitely call in Victor at Sellmytimesharenow IF I decide to purchase or sell my properties!

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Anita, thank you so much for your review of your experience purchasing through SellMyTimeshareNow.com. We are so pleased to hear that your experience was so positive and that we were able to find you the perfect ownership. If you need anything in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to us!

Original review: May 14, 2020

After giving them almost $2,000 upfront to help me dispose of my Sheraton Flex Vacation, I have had no offers even though I lowered the price. These people are crooks running a Ponzi scheme! Not once have I heard from them! The times I did talk to them is because I initiated the call. They gave me zero guidance as to pricing.

Original review: May 9, 2020

Be sure to ask the salesperson how many listings they have for your property. I did not think to ask this question and of course my listing is #207 in the line of timeshares for sale in LV on this property, my listing will never sell as there are 175 listed at a lower price than mine. It is my fault, I did not ask the question. It was all sugar during the sales pitch, "we closed this week on a sale in your building", we can sell yours, it likely sold for $1. Buyer beware, do your homework, I paid yet another fee on my timeshare I will never recover. This service is yet just another way to get into your pocket….

Hi Gary,

Our Customer Solutions team will be reaching out to you today to address your concerns regarding the advertising and marketing of your timeshare. We hope to work with you to resolve your concerns as we want every owner we work with to be successful in our marketplace.

SellMyTimeshareNow Customer Solutions

SellMyTimeshareNow author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

SellMyTimeShareNow.com is a company that specializes in the reselling of timeshares. The company is based in Exeter, New Hampshire and Orlando, Florida, and they are currently the largest reseller of timeshares in the U.S.

• Large selection: Because SellMyTimeshareNow is the most popular reseller of timeshares, they have a huge selection of timeshares for sale, which means they'll most likely have something to meet the needs of most customers.

• Global exposure: The company operates in more than 218 countries, so people all over the world have access to their properties and services.

• Brand Partners: The site works with well-known and reputable brand partners, like Disney, Hilton, and Marriott, so customers can find properties that are guaranteed to be high quality.

• Professional customer assistance: The company has licensed real estate agents on staff to help customers pick and purchase the right timeshare option.

• CRDA membership: SellMyTimeshareNow.com is an active member of the American Resort Development Association, proving their reputation as an upstanding company.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

SellMyTimeshareNow Company Information