1.12/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Timeshares By Owner

At Timeshares By Owner, we are proud to offer an extensive database to help you find the Timeshare Vacation Property of your dreams. Timeshares By Owner is not a timeshare resales broker, so you pay no commission when you purchase or rent your Timeshare Vacation Property. Our professional staff is totally committed to the success of our program! Put one of them to work for you and sell your timeshare quickly!

Discover a great timeshare now

60 Timeshares By Owner Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I was first contacted about how many sales they have and how sure they were in getting my vacation ownership sold that I simply wasn't using. Then you follow up, no action has been done per the contract. I asked for them to show me proof my ad was actually online, I took screenshots and nothing was there after paying their fee. I was subsequently reached out by the SAME company, apparently another 'branch' and they do not communicate with each other. Same pitch. The third time someone called from 'corporate' office after multiple written emails and they ASKED for another fee to sell once again. I don't think this company actually markets ANYTHING. I would tell everyone to not waste your time on this, or if you do pick up, ask the sales associate what kind of benefits they receive that would make them want to work for a scam company. If anyone has already started a formal complaint, I will happily support with my experience and documentation.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

This is the most blatant SCAM system I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. After their sales pitch of how great they are and how they will sell your timeshare in no time at all, they come back after a few months of inactivity and try to get more money from you. They try to get you to upgrade to their "Elite" status where they can do more to sell your property. They are Rude!!! The use profanity! They are the most scandalous company I've ever dealt with. How are they even allowed to remain in business.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

My husband and I had been trying to sell our timeshare and had been burnt by another company making false promises about results. When we received the call from this company we were reluctant at first because of our prior experience of laying out 1000. and having gotten no results. Well needless to say, we were convinced by one of the slick representatives that our timeshare in Key West would be very easy to sell and that we should put money upfront so they could get the process going. They talk a really good game and are VERY persistent, making repeated calls until you respond.

When we called to ask if anyone had inquired about our timeshare, we were told to lower the price to 4,000. from 10,000. which was their initial suggestion. Needless to say, we've heard nothing from them in months except for a recent call from one of the reps telling us that for additional money they could list it in their publication instead of solely on the internet. Now why would anyone fall for this line?! My husband promptly told them they were scammers like all the rest and they weren't getting another dime out of us. I cannot believe that this company is still allowed to operate with SCAM written all over it. At this point I will take my business to a certified attorney and go through the proper channels (although more expensive) to sell my timeshare. So my parting words to anyone considering using this company - DON'T!!! It's a total SCAM!!! **

Original review: June 20, 2019

This company may help some people, but I have received no offers and have been treated with much rudeness and unprofessionalism. I've had 4 different salespersons try and get results. They interrupt me almost every sentence I speak, and that is no exaggeration. Therefore, they do not care what I have to say, and I'm not cursing them or being ugly. They interrupt me more than any business I've ever dealt with.

Not one offer has come my way, although one of the 4 salespersons mentioned that I had received a couple of offers. She was mistaken or was she? They may have received a bite, but I never have. The wrong photo was used once, but they alleged that I must have looked at the wrong ad. I began asking for a refund many months ago, and I have stated I am not putting out any more money on this. Yet, they ask for more money to help bring about results. And now, it's well past the time-frame for any refund. I have been open to their ideas and solutions about lowering the prices. We've already lowered the prices at least twice. Still, no activity. And my timeshare is the newest and most modern timeshare being built in Branson.

Many things don't add up. I should have known from the beginning when there were mistakes and grammatical errors in the 'contract' or document emailed to me when I first joined. So, yesterday, I leave a voice mail that I do not want a call from an associate. Rather, I'd like a call from a supervisor or owner. I just received it, and she interrupted me as much as the other salespersons that have taken the time to have a conversation (ha) with me.

I believed (wrongly) that the "higher up," or supervisor would want to know of the things that have happened or not happened that put them in a negative light. But she basically defended her employees, not caring what I was saying. She referred to my comments about past events, some of which I have stated above, as "ramblings". When she was done rambling herself about a 'solution' I calmly and softly pointed out that part of my frustration is how she referred to my comments as "ramblings". She offered no apology or seemed the slightest bit regretful. At least they only got $500 from me instead of $1000. STAY AWAY!

Original review: June 15, 2019

I was approached by TBO initially due to my web searches for a property rental in San Diego for my son's Graduation from the Marines. I was told that I would be able to rent out my timeshare in Kissimmee FL easily and would have a great chance of big $ offers to sell as well as their programs to rent other timeshares at a 70% discount anywhere in the continent US. After little response and no available vacation rentals in San Diego we found a place through Airbnb. 2 months later I started receiving phone calls from my sales representatives manager wanting to get me on track as I was not getting traction coming in on offers.

We played phone tag for 2 weeks then he handed my account of to a sales specialist who after almost 45 minutes on the phone telling me how good he was and how much knowledge he had and how honest he was, basically saying nothing about the point of the business of the conversation, I stopped him to explain I wasn't interested in selling but just renting my unit. This started another long dissertation on why I not being a professional salesman should leave everything up to him and trust him because he knew best.

I called his bluff and he finally got to the point and offered me another marketing level plan for an additional $3000 which after more direct skepticism he was willing to discount of course with no guarantee of sale or rental or my property. They are a huge scam, as I pointed out that I was catching on to the pitch they got angry and spoke down to me trying to intimidate me into the program even more.... This company should be sued for millions of dollars because they have stolen millions from poor unsuspecting families and elderly people for years! Product or Service Mentioned: Timeshares By Owner Timeshare Selling.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Timeshares By Owner?

Original review: May 12, 2019

Well they got our $1,000 and we got (poor) lip service. Their strongest sales point was deafening silence followed closely by nothing. As an alternative, Easy Timeshare Relief performed EXACTLY as Steve said they would. Check out https://easytimesharerelief.com/.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I fell for the scam just like the others have posted. It's been almost a year now and not 1 single offer for a rental or sale. I forked out enough money that I could have paid my timeshare fee for a year. Whatever you do, run as fast as you can in the other direction from these guys. Everything they told me is a lie. I have never made a mistake like this before and consider myself pretty street smart and fiscally sensible. They tried to get me to buy into their "special" upgraded program about 6 months ago and thank goodness I didn't. Too bad there's not a class action suit that I can join against them. Any good lawyers out there interested in a case?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

We got involved with Timeshare By Owner when we were interested in selling or at least renting our timeshare. Initially, after paying about $1,000 for their program, we received several rental requests but what they were asking for were ridiculous such as renting a week for next to nothing at a time where nothing was available. After several rental requests, they dried up and then comes the phone calls saying they can sell our timeshare but would cost us to get into their top selling marketing program.

Unfortunately, we fell for it and after several thousand dollars later and 6 months later not one sales offer. We knew we had been scammed. Now, just today after 3 months of no contact we get this bubbly person calling and my husband returned the call and as soon as she said they had a new program, my husband said we were not paying another dollar and she said she hoped we had a better day and hung up. Good grief, I should say we will since we will be keeping money out of their hands. We spent over a year dealing with these scammers with always a better deal to get a rental or sales offer. Expensive lesson, please, please, don't get roped into their fast talking sales pitch and lose your shirt to these scammers.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

The biggest problem I have is the sales force. I have not been roped into their scam due to a discussion with one of their sales force almost a year ago when they called. I told the person it was a scam at that time and requested removal from all communication. Since then I am still getting calls on my office and company emergency cell number. Every time I answer I again tell them to remove me. Not sure how they got my numbers? Every time they leave messages I contact them, telling them the same thing. REMOVED MY NUMBERS, IT IS HARASSMENT, yet it still goes on with the calls, just a different person calling one of the 2 numbers. Some agency needs to shut them down and find the Owners Majorly. In a sense I feel sorry for the employees, they are just doing their jobs and most likely being misled.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

TSBO is a complete scam...they notified my elderly mom in December 2017 and got her for $1000, making promises that they could easily sell her timeshare. She is on a fixed income and I was really upset that this company can sleep at night knowing that they are professionally taken advantage of people and taking their hard earned money claiming that they can help them. Fast forward to September 2018, they called her again and got her for $1500 this time. We haven't heard from anyone for an update or anything. I called to follow up with our sales rep and ironically enough, he no longer works there. No one contacted us and now it's too late to cancel the contract to get our money back.

Timeshares By Owner Company Information