2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.11/5

At Timeshares By Owner, we are proud to offer an extensive database to help you find the Timeshare Vacation Property of your dreams. Timeshares By Owner is not a timeshare resales broker, so you pay no commission when you purchase or rent your Timeshare Vacation Property. Our professional staff is totally committed to the success of our program! Put one of them to work for you and sell your timeshare quickly!

Timeshares By Owner Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Timeshares By Owner?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Timeshares By Owner?

Original review: April 30, 2020

Signed with them 4/30/2019. Cynthia said I would be getting offers faster than I could imagine. If they couldn't rent before my week I would get a "free" cruise. They didn't, I didn't. Within months I was asked for more money. I said I was a lung cancer patient with no more to waste on them. They keep pressure on for at least a week.

Fast forward to FEB/March 2020. More calls from Dave saying I owed another payment and that I had an offer of 15000, I said, "Sell it." He said I need $1500 for marketing. They sent 2 ridiculous rental options (Not in my resort or occupancy limits). He says he guarantees money back. I said, "You already took me. Go away." Took a week to go away. Then last night, April 29, 2020 he calls again and asked, "What do I have to do to make this happen." I said, "Sell it and take the 1500 out of the proceeds." You know THEY WON'T DO THAT. I left it with, YOU will not get any more money from me. Go away. PEOPLE. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. Run from these fraudsters.

Original review: April 2, 2020

I received a call from HGVC owners center, Michelle is who I specifically spoke to. When I asked what I thought was a realistic legitimate question, she laughed at me. HOW INSULTING! She does not deserve to be talking to people who have spent an abundant amount of money to purchase time share with the company that pays her salary. In addition to her rude reaction, HGVC has become more and more of a ripoff. There is never availability when you want it, they make you jump through hoops to get a reservation, and then they cancel it without an offer to reschedule anything. That company has become too big for what they offer. They are very expensive for what you get in return. I would not recommend HGVC to anyone that is thinking of a timeshare. Keep shopping before you sign on the dotted line.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 4, 2020

This company makes all kinds of promises it never delivers on. They use a low amount to lure you in, and once they have you, do nothing. Then they get you to pay more money with promises of how much you will get. Nothing. I have received literally one rental offer from them that I could actually do. After spending over $3,000 with them. I have been passed around from one person to another in their company and all they ever do is try to get even more money out of me. This company is AWFUL. Steer clear!!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

After contacting Marriott about any buyback program, I was told they do not buy back times shares even though the contract says they do. They said they would however let me give it up and walk away with nothing. Somehow, I got in contact with Timeshares by Owner. First mistake. They promised me the moon and then some. That was last July 2019.

In October 2019 they came back wanting more money for their “Autumn Showcase”. Second mistake. In November 2019 they wanted still more money. I am embarrassed to say how much they have taken me for. To date I have received one rental offer which did not pan out. Every couple of months someone calls asking if I have had any offers. Why are you asking me? I thought that was what I was paying you for. Last Thursday they call to chit chat. They are going to do some checking and will call me back in 5 minutes. Two and a half hours later they finally call back. Of course, I am not there, and they won’t talk with my wife. Says they will call on Friday. Next morning, they do call and want to know if I am going to be around. I say yes and am told they will call me right back. Haven’t heard from them since. Don’t be a sucker. Run don’t walk away from these people.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Have been contacted by Tom of their office since November 2018; promising to get top dollar to rent our condo in West Palm Beach. Have been toying with idea, but since we own free and clear there is no hurry to do so. Finally to take the bait, got price reduced substantially to under $400 to be a "lifetime" client. Was going to enroll today, and it went downhill from there.

Was asked for my card; which I declined with no documentation or paperwork. Tom assured me he was honest and would lose his job if he wasn't; told him I was sure he was but I would not be giving my card information to him without documents. Claimed they could not generate documents without having card information; told him that was problematic for me. He put his "boss" on the line, and it really deteriorated! Boss tries to shame me by basically saying Tom has been messing around with me long enough, I've had plenty of time to make a decision, didn't I see literature they sent me? I told him the slick flyers did not give ME any guarantees!

Then he said, "here's the bottom line: you've talked with Tom long enough". Told him my bottom line was I would not be providing my card and prepaying for anything without 1) documentation, and 2) my husband's approval. He said "you're not going to make demands to me on my company" and hung up. Huh? What?? Are you kidding? Is this the customer service one could expect in the future? No thank you! I will not be questioned or belittled because I insist on accountability! Wish I had checked this site sooner to save myself time and irritation!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I was first contacted about how many sales they have and how sure they were in getting my vacation ownership sold that I simply wasn't using. Then you follow up, no action has been done per the contract. I asked for them to show me proof my ad was actually online, I took screenshots and nothing was there after paying their fee. I was subsequently reached out by the SAME company, apparently another 'branch' and they do not communicate with each other. Same pitch. The third time someone called from 'corporate' office after multiple written emails and they ASKED for another fee to sell once again. I don't think this company actually markets ANYTHING. I would tell everyone to not waste your time on this, or if you do pick up, ask the sales associate what kind of benefits they receive that would make them want to work for a scam company. If anyone has already started a formal complaint, I will happily support with my experience and documentation.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

This is the most blatant SCAM system I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. After their sales pitch of how great they are and how they will sell your timeshare in no time at all, they come back after a few months of inactivity and try to get more money from you. They try to get you to upgrade to their "Elite" status where they can do more to sell your property. They are Rude!!! The use profanity! They are the most scandalous company I've ever dealt with. How are they even allowed to remain in business.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

My husband and I had been trying to sell our timeshare and had been burnt by another company making false promises about results. When we received the call from this company we were reluctant at first because of our prior experience of laying out 1000. and having gotten no results. Well needless to say, we were convinced by one of the slick representatives that our timeshare in Key West would be very easy to sell and that we should put money upfront so they could get the process going. They talk a really good game and are VERY persistent, making repeated calls until you respond.

When we called to ask if anyone had inquired about our timeshare, we were told to lower the price to 4,000. from 10,000. which was their initial suggestion. Needless to say, we've heard nothing from them in months except for a recent call from one of the reps telling us that for additional money they could list it in their publication instead of solely on the internet. Now why would anyone fall for this line?! My husband promptly told them they were scammers like all the rest and they weren't getting another dime out of us. I cannot believe that this company is still allowed to operate with SCAM written all over it. At this point I will take my business to a certified attorney and go through the proper channels (although more expensive) to sell my timeshare. So my parting words to anyone considering using this company - DON'T!!! It's a total SCAM!!! **

Original review: June 20, 2019

This company may help some people, but I have received no offers and have been treated with much rudeness and unprofessionalism. I've had 4 different salespersons try and get results. They interrupt me almost every sentence I speak, and that is no exaggeration. Therefore, they do not care what I have to say, and I'm not cursing them or being ugly. They interrupt me more than any business I've ever dealt with.

Not one offer has come my way, although one of the 4 salespersons mentioned that I had received a couple of offers. She was mistaken or was she? They may have received a bite, but I never have. The wrong photo was used once, but they alleged that I must have looked at the wrong ad. I began asking for a refund many months ago, and I have stated I am not putting out any more money on this. Yet, they ask for more money to help bring about results. And now, it's well past the time-frame for any refund. I have been open to their ideas and solutions about lowering the prices. We've already lowered the prices at least twice. Still, no activity. And my timeshare is the newest and most modern timeshare being built in Branson.

Many things don't add up. I should have known from the beginning when there were mistakes and grammatical errors in the 'contract' or document emailed to me when I first joined. So, yesterday, I leave a voice mail that I do not want a call from an associate. Rather, I'd like a call from a supervisor or owner. I just received it, and she interrupted me as much as the other salespersons that have taken the time to have a conversation (ha) with me.

I believed (wrongly) that the "higher up," or supervisor would want to know of the things that have happened or not happened that put them in a negative light. But she basically defended her employees, not caring what I was saying. She referred to my comments about past events, some of which I have stated above, as "ramblings". When she was done rambling herself about a 'solution' I calmly and softly pointed out that part of my frustration is how she referred to my comments as "ramblings". She offered no apology or seemed the slightest bit regretful. At least they only got $500 from me instead of $1000. STAY AWAY!

Original review: June 15, 2019

I was approached by TBO initially due to my web searches for a property rental in San Diego for my son's Graduation from the Marines. I was told that I would be able to rent out my timeshare in Kissimmee FL easily and would have a great chance of big $ offers to sell as well as their programs to rent other timeshares at a 70% discount anywhere in the continent US. After little response and no available vacation rentals in San Diego we found a place through Airbnb. 2 months later I started receiving phone calls from my sales representatives manager wanting to get me on track as I was not getting traction coming in on offers.

We played phone tag for 2 weeks then he handed my account of to a sales specialist who after almost 45 minutes on the phone telling me how good he was and how much knowledge he had and how honest he was, basically saying nothing about the point of the business of the conversation, I stopped him to explain I wasn't interested in selling but just renting my unit. This started another long dissertation on why I not being a professional salesman should leave everything up to him and trust him because he knew best.

I called his bluff and he finally got to the point and offered me another marketing level plan for an additional $3000 which after more direct skepticism he was willing to discount of course with no guarantee of sale or rental or my property. They are a huge scam, as I pointed out that I was catching on to the pitch they got angry and spoke down to me trying to intimidate me into the program even more.... This company should be sued for millions of dollars because they have stolen millions from poor unsuspecting families and elderly people for years! Product or Service Mentioned: Timeshares By Owner Timeshare Selling.

Timeshares By Owner Company Information