Timeshares By Owner

At Timeshares By Owner, we are proud to offer an extensive database to help you find the Timeshare Vacation Property of your dreams. Timeshares By Owner is not a timeshare resales broker, so you pay no commission when you purchase or rent your Timeshare Vacation Property. Our professional staff is totally committed to the success of our program! Put one of them to work for you and sell your timeshare quickly!

Compare Timeshares

Research top Timeshares recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I spoke with Clifford multiple times before making a decision. After review of the business I was very skeptical. Clifford is a smooth talker and that worried me a bit that he may just be telling me what I wanted to hear in order to get my money. However, I chose to give him a chance to sell my Diamond ownership as I cannot travel anymore due to health issues. After fighting with the resort for 3 years to take it back I just wanted it gone. I paid close to $5,000 to sell and rent this property and after a few months thought all was lost and that I had been doozled once again...

I was wrong. After a few months, (which felt like forever) my property rented. It did not happen as fast as I would have liked or for as much as I wanted, but two months later I received and accepted my first offer. It was $5,000 less my listed value but I was not taking a chance on it not selling at all and quickly accepted the offer. I would recommend Clifford and Timeshares by Owner to anyone. Stressful experience, but overall he got the job done.

Hello, I received a phone call from Timeshares By Owner from a salesperson named Clifford ** if that is his real name. This is a high-pressure sales pitch and they said that they were registered real estate brokers and that they could sell my timeshare on July 4th weekend 2016 at the Daytona speedway. We put up $1499.00 and $1498.00 on 2 different credit cards. When I did not hear from them, I decided to make some phone calls, everyone kept passing the buck and to make a long story short, we never received a return phone call. We contacted both of the credit cards and disputed the charges as being fraudulent. Right now both accounts are under investigation. We also sent them complaints from RIPOFF Reports. And I just found 33 more complaints on this website CONSUMERAFFAIRS.

This company also goes by TIMESHARE DIRECT and who know how many other names they go by. All they want is your money. Do not give them one red cent, as this is one of the biggest scams in the real estate market. We are elderly senior citizens and in the State of Florida this is called abuse on the elderly and they could get jail time when and if there is an investigation on their business practice.

Got hustled by these cats! My wife and I just had a baby and didn't think that a timeshare was in our budget. TSBO promised to sell our unit! They took our last $400 and we never got an email, response, a ** off. I mean nothing!!! So I called to check on our status... and they want more money, but this time it was guaranteed!! These people are horrible and don't care about you or your family, and could care less if you went broke. My recommendation: Go to Craigslist. Its free. Already had 2 phone calls and it's been up for 3 hours. THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT VOTE IN OBAMA, AND NEXT CLINTON!! DON'T USE THEM.

Signed up with a rep named Felicia back in April. Very sweet and well spoken. Had 1 offer but unfortunately got back in touch with the possible renter a little too late. The customer service dept said it had expired and claimed if I would've returned the call in a more timely manner I wouldn't have missed out. Really sucks to see so many bad complaints because to have spent $1999 I can say so far so good. No sales offers yet but I'm sure it will come. I mean it's not an overnight process anyway. Shouldn't have bought the stupid timeshare to begin with.

I was talked into signing up with them as they claimed they would be able to rent my condos. I was charged $1999 originally on 3/16/15, $999 on 09/11/15. $605 on 11/03/15, and $1,000 on 12/29/15. The last two charges, they informed me that I would never be charged anymore. They notified me of offers, but it was impossible to find condos for the time requested as they were in prime areas and dates were within a couple of months. I decided I would book some prime time and offer them for rental as they told me that it would be free. I have now been contacted and they first wanted to charge me $1499 to rent the three condos I had listed. I told them I was not paying them anymore money unless they could rent a condo for me. They called me back and lowered the price to $999, and I again told them I would not pay them anymore.

This morning, I received at least 8 phone calls insisting I let them charge $500 to my credit card. I must have told them 10 times at least that I wasn't going to let them charge my credit card and hung up on them. They continued to call, but I did not answer. Guess I was more gullible than the rest. Took me a long time to decide they weren't going to rent the condos. I do notice the phone numbers listed on my credit card bills have 2 different numbers, but all say Timeshares By Owners. Don't know if there is anything that can be done, but I am certainly out a lot of money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Timeshares By Owner?

Timeshares By Owner is a very slick scam. Their website looks authentic. They claim they can sell timeshares and/or rent your week. They are astute enough to show up on paid search and have a very slick website. They have testimonials. I was very skeptical, having heard a number of timeshare sales pitches (all from Florida companies), but because they look legitimate, have a web presence and have published testimonials, I gave them a try. I enrolled and agreed to a sales agreement for about $800. Immediately, I was presented with a "customer evaluation". Basically I was evaluating the sales pitch... I gave them a conservative rating. That's how they get their good references.

Later they called about a list of properties they were going to present, giving the impression that they were presenting the properties to actual buyers. The sales guy told me "That's the only way we can sell this stuff". I agreed to pay about $1600 to be on the list. The next day, I got a call from a woman who told me the credit card charge needed to be validated. I logged into my credit card account and authorized the charge. Later I discovered that they had doubled the charge - two charges. They claim I agreed to the charges. Issue is that everything is so confusing, I probably did.

Of course, nothing has happened since. These guys are good. Stay away from them. PS. New scams are out, claiming to "get you out of your timeshare" for a measly $1500 or so. Don't swallow that. Call your timeshare and ask them how you can get out of the contract. Chances are that you can simply surrender your contract. You'll lose your purchase price but you'll be out of the contract.

I am glad to have read the reviews at this site. They called and are now offering to list for under a $1,000.00 with the promise to lower that amount when I decide to list with them. They say they are short of Westgate Properties and are willing to lower the rate. All of that sounds so good since I want to get rid of this timeshare. Since I have only invested a couple months and the deposit, after reading these complaints, I feel that just stopping the payments and letting it go back will be better and much cheaper. I don't know if they will put it on my credit but that might be the price I have to pay for being dumb enough to buy it in the first place. Don't get pulled in by any offers to do things with your timeshare. I would guess that most are just there to get your money. Thank you everyone for your reviews. If they are really able to sell it, they should buy it from you and sell it on their own time.

Put my timeshare for sale with agent Karen ** in early June 2015 for $46K. Paid $1,000 for advertisement. Promised speedy sale. 4 months later, not a single offer. In October 2015 received a call from another agent, April **. She asked for another $2,999 to make another sale push. There were all kinds of back and forth, including insults for me being stupid not to take a chance. Not a single offer. Yes. I was stupid to take it. This January 2016 I receive another call with offer to put more $$$ for sure sale. Told them to go to you know where. They still keep calling.

Christopher ** answered the call when I pressed 1, "by mistake". He talked very fast, treated me as if I could not understand him or what he was explaining but all sounded good until he asked for my credit card. I backed off and then he became nasty, telling me that I was being unkind to him, not willing to give me time to think it over, he was not "playing phone tag"! Stay away from this company, fair warning.

I was contacted by Timeshares By Owners in 06/14 to sell it and since I was retiring and my husband is ill, I decided to go for it. I had to pay $3999 for the cost. Then in December I emailed them back asking the status. Got another email from a different person saying "did I want to lower the price?" I said "yes, if that is what it takes." Then I asked if it was going to cost and he/she said "NO". They sent me another form to sign and since I didn't think there were costs involved and I was still working, I just signed. I had 2 credit card charged from them for $1499. I managed to get around $1400 of it back but still out $6000 and haven't heard from anyone since then.

A gentleman by the name of ** contacted me. My first question to him was "How much do I have to pay you up front?" I have been contacted by so many and been to seminars that I know to ask that after they make their sales pitch. Well I told him I had to think about it. He kept calling me every day and it got to the point that I would just let the answering machine pick it up. I talked it over with my husband and we finally gave in. We haggled and haggled about the price as I kept telling him that I was on a fixed budget and couldn't do it. He came down to a reasonable price. It has been months since I have heard from him so I decided to try and contact him today Aug. 4th. You guessed it - went straight to voicemail. You would think that by now we would have learned. I just lost my job so my husband and I don't work and count only on our SS so I really can't afford anything else. Would be nice if they did sell it. I could use the extra money.

I was called in Jan. to ask to have my resort sold. Took 1000 dollars. Promised me it would be sold. Swore they could sell. After few months, nothing...hardly ever got calls back. Then ask for another 500, said it was for sure sold...wrong. So many different people said same thing. They really took me. Be aware. They all lied. Took my money. I probably lost my resort by name because of them. This is worst company ever. They also said they could rent it. Right. No call back...a joke. Don't give them your money. No.

Be careful when Timeshares By Owner calls you and promises to both rent any banked weeks and sell your timeshare. They "guarantee" they will do both over the phone, but the contract they send contradicts this. They are very pushy in trying to acquire credit card information and getting you to click on the "sign" button to make the contract binding. Fortunately, I looked them up on Consumer Affairs and saw the reviews before I clicked that sign button. Consumer Affairs saved me $1499 worth of pain and anguish.

Took me for 1200. Then ask for 500 more. Promised sale and rental. Got neither. Told me not to pay fees 'cause selling. Now it's on my credit. So, so upset. They took me good.

Last fall we were contacted by TSBO to help us sell or rent our timeshare (this was the 10th time since we brought it.) I talked to them and at one point agreed but only if I could get all the money he request of $3800. I was told that I could cancel it at any time and they would refund my money. So I explained that I need to speak with my husband first. He came back with "well we can do it for this much... I can credit you this amount for when you tried a few years ago" (yeah right.) We were promised that they would list it and advertise it.

He called everyday to see if I had talked to my husband and if I had the rest of the fee. I explained to him at that point I needed to cancel it because we could not afford it. He said "ok but it would take a few days." Suddenly the phone calls stopped. I called and left messages to make sure that it had been canceled out. I also sent emails, I actually got to talk to several people in Customer Service who said yes it had been canceled or that they would relay the message. After a few more days I called my credit card company and had them reverse the charges since TSBO was not returning my calls. My Credit card company did this. Well five months later we get a nasty letter from a Mr. ** stating we still owed $1005 to TSBO.

Telling us we must pay that amount within five days of the letter dated May 13th (pretty good since we just got it on May 18th.) Or we need to call TSBO and talk to a ** x250 (no mail box set up) or email a **. Tried to call did get through once but ** claimed he could not hear me. So I tried to call back right back and it goes to the mail box that is not set up. We sat down and tried to figure out how much they scammed from us over the past few years. Over $7000 for nothing. I have contacted an attorney to get this issue resolved. I bet the message I left will not be returned.

Tried to have them sell my timeshare. So far I am down $ 2,000 and they want more. My ???? is why have they not been shut down by better business. I guess they cannot be bothered with Timeshare owners. Scam Scam Scam. I believe in Karma how about you Timeshare by owner.

I had Mindy ** tell me that Timeshares By Owner could rent my week for $2400. I paid $1700 to list it with them. Two years later, no rental yet!!!

Updated on 03/04/2015:

** keeps leaving phone messages saying he has a great deal for me and I need to call him ASAP. I have returned his call several times and told he was busy with other clients and he would call me back. It takes him 2 weeks to return my call! I paid $1700 two years ago to list my rentals and have never had a rental purchased!!!

I brought a timeshare with west gate in Orlando and this gentlemen by the name of Todd **, so called manager there, was going to help me sell my timeshare/ weeks and told me that I would have to pay them $1,200.00. Once I gave him the money, he never contacted me. I called several time. I left messages and never got a call back. I am furious with this company. I don't know how to get my money back.

I was told a fabulous sales pitch about how my timeshare could be rented for $2,100 a week. That the company receives offers totaling up to $2 million a month. The sales woman said that it was not a matter of "IF" my timeshare would rent but "HOW SOON" it would rent. She promised to keep in touch with me until it was rented (she never called back). I had to pay $1,700 for this service. Now that I have accepted that I was stupid to use this service, I want to be sure other people are not suckered in by their false promises. Take my word for it now that I have looked more thoroughly online about all the complaints filed. THIS COMPANY IS TOTALLY DECEITFUL AND MISREPRESENTS WHAT THEY CAN DO. DON'T FALL INTO THEIR TRAP.

I was called by Timeshares By Owner, and was told all these wonderful things about renting my time share Week/getaways and how they had corporations and companies that were seeking to rent my getaways a sap at $2,100 each and I just had to pay a one time fee of $2,000. Well, to make a long story short I'm still awaiting them to rent a lease one. I'm seeking to dispute the $2,000 I paid Timeshares By Owner. If you are a Time Share Owner save yourself the time and trouble. Rent out your week/getaways to your family and friends. At least you won't get duped out of your money, by lies and deceit.

I was contacted by Timeshare By Owner back in May of this year to set up for the rental weeks we had available to us with our Westgate Resort timeshare. So we signed up for that along with the program to sell our property. This was with Marriane. Since then we have been contacted by Randy **, Robert, and today a guy named Micah. Micah was beyond rude and pushy. To the point that I actually started cussing at him. He was condescending and snide. After I was told was sale price for my property, they contacted me to reduce the price. Then today Micah contacts me for another $1000, for marketing, to raise the price by $10,000. Then couldn't explain why. Just simply that "because it’s Gatlinburg". Then refused to give me to his supervisor, saying they're all in the field. Yeah, OK. Then he hung up on me after I quoted my original phone call saying that I was told “a one-time fee to sign up, and that they would get my share sold”. I wasn't paying more. STAY AWAY!!!!

Timeshare By Owner called me back in Jan 2014 gave this great story about selling my resort weeks for me at 1000.00 or more. Amy ** promised me everything. All I had to do was give them 700.00 dollars and they would give me a 1000.00 once they sold my week from my restore. She told me it would take less than 30 days to do so. Well I have never heard from her since and needless to say they never sold my week for me! This is a scam and I hope I save someone else from this trap. PLEASE EVERYONE DO NOT DO THIS! They take your money and you never see a dime back!

I was contacted by Denise ** on renting my time share out. I bought almost 2 yrs ago. She was telling me i could rent it out for 2800.00 a week & she said I had 5 weeks. The next day she called me back saying i needed a 6 digit # which I didn't know what she was talking about. She said I had a unfinished profile & needed to pay 1498.00 to get this #.

I told her I didn't have the money & she ask if I had any hardship, I told her no. Then I said I had before, she then told me she could put me in for a hardship & i could only send 999.00. I told her I would have to wait till next payday. That was fine & they would set up my weeks then. Well I called Westgate. They advised me this was probably a scam & when I told them everything she said, he then said yes it was a scam. He also told me to check them out. I did & that's where I read all these reviews. Thanks for talking the time to put out these reviews. By calling Westgate & reading these reviews I was saved from losing my money.. Thanks!

I called Timeshares By Owner because I had heard ads for them on radio shows that I trusted. This was several years ago when I first contacted them and they said they could sell or rent my timeshare. So I sent over $1000 and waited a few months and when I hadn't heard from them, I called and they said someone had called and cancelled my contract and I needed to send them a new fee of over $1000. I really didn't see how someone could have cancelled it, but I sent the money. Of course nothing happened again so I realized it was probably a scam.

Last spring I received a call from one of their super salesman who convinced me he was the man in charge of the whole business and he could absolutely guarantee that if I sent him $3000 that he personally would make absolutely sure that it would sell or possibly rent. Nothing happened but today another salesman called wanting me to send $1200 more. I did not. I guess I just wanted to believe but I know I shouldn't have trusted them. They are totally dishonest.

Was contacted by Matthew ** who told me he had a convention in Hawaii and was short units, wanted to rent my timeshares for $2800. When I said fine, he said I'd need to sign up with Timeshares by Owners in order to complete the rental. I understood this would be for a matter of a couple of weeks' membership when I would be contacted to complete the rental. When two weeks passed, I was informed it would now be another month before the rental could be processed. I then got my AmEx bill with a charge of $900 to rent my units. When I contacted Timeshares by Owner, they said they have no offers on my property. Fortunately, AmEx has agreed to take up my complaint which I've also lodged with the Better Business Bureau in Florida. These people are scammers!

Recently contacted by Michelle ** (who is no longer employed by Timeshares by Owner) and informed me that she is working with a buyer for my timeshare and that the buyer wanted to split the closing costs. My fault for not getting any paperwork on this as it was done via phone, texting, etc. Agreed to split the closing costs and for the past 4 months it has been one excuse after another as to when the closing will be taking place etc, etc. From my experience with Timeshares by Owner - who I also have paid to market my timeshare - and Michelle ** (who I initially communicated with when she was with Timeshares by Owner) - the entire is a SCAM. I don't see any legitimacy in any of it.

I paid a fee for the company to sell my Timeshare. I was told numerous times that they would be selling it very shortly. I paid $917; I haven't seen any progress, or had any communication from the company in over three years since I paid the fee.

I pay to rent out my time share and didn't. They have someone to rent it. They keep asking for more money. I have paid more money to them so they can rent it out. I ask for my money back and didn't. They are a lair. I don't like lairs.

Two years ago, I stayed at La Costa Beach Club in Pompano Beach and Peter sold me three weeks, the extra week for my mom. The weeks are fixed 42, 43, 44 and the fees/taxes are near $430 per week. It is a nice place, but my mom cancelled late on me. So late September 2009, I paid Timesharesonly.com $500 for ad numbers ** and **. I ultimately tried to rent a week for $400, no success. So October 2009, I called Timesharebyowner.com to sell my weeks. Agent Ryan ** promised that each week was wholesale price of at least $5000 per week. He said presentations could sell a week for $12,000. He mailed my ads to me #**, **, ** all state rental price per week of $6500 NEG.

La Costa rents studios for under $1000, so I don't understand how they could get away with this mark up. I always told Ryan I just wanted fair value. All those people at Timesharebyowner only tell lies. Also, Timeshares only told me each week could be sold for $5000 when I bought all 3 weeks for $3000. So if I could find a buyer, it would take $1500 to break even because Ryan told me his company would pay Maria, special agent, $3000 if I paid Maria $2200 for her sales service. So I am out $500 by Timesharesonly, $1500 by Ryan ** of TBO (Timesharebyowner.com) and I will probably be out $2200 by Maria. So I am in tears, headache, frustration that I have lost about $4200 for nothing. All these people are fraudulent. I am humiliated to have spent over $4000 in about six months time to not sell.

We gave timeshares only $600.00 to sell our timeshare. We have lowered the price multiple times and spoken to customer service representatives. They have not received any calls about our property. I would definitely not recomment their services. We continue to pay all the fees but do not reap the benefits.

Timeshares By Owner Company Profile