1.16/5
Based on 38 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover a great timeshare now

Timeshares By Owner

At Timeshares By Owner, we are proud to offer an extensive database to help you find the Timeshare Vacation Property of your dreams. Timeshares By Owner is not a timeshare resales broker, so you pay no commission when you purchase or rent your Timeshare Vacation Property. Our professional staff is totally committed to the success of our program! Put one of them to work for you and sell your timeshare quickly!

View More View More

47 Timeshares By Owner Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 15, 2018

This company is a total fraud. They ask for money upfront saying how they can sell your timeshare no problem. You give them the money and you don’t hear from that person again even though they say they will represent you throughout the process. Then months later you get a phone call from the corporate office asking for more money to put you in a special program that guarantees the sale of your property. It’s all a scam!!! Better Business Bureau please help us get our money back from these thieves!!! And close them down before they steal money from more innocent people!!! DO NOT give this company a dime. They’re a scam!!! I would give them zero stars but it won’t let me submit this without giving them 1.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Signed up with Timeshares By Owner (TSBO) in September of 2016. I took the bait and sales pitch of how they are a top rated company and for a ($1500) fee they would sell my timeshare quickly. Then in December I was contacted again offering a “rare” opportunity to get into a even better program “the elite” package that would seal the deal and ensure the sale of my timeshare. They hit you fast with a well rehearsed and believable pitch. Shame on me for not checking this company out better before I have them another $1300, not to mention the original $1500! Time is of the essence is the pitch to sign up now, which now I know why, they don’t want you checking the customer reviews!

Yes I did receive some rental offers that were never viable but no sale offers. I want to sell the timeshare not jump through hoops, burn up points for a few bucks here and there. During this time I received 3 calls from the staff asking basic information about the timeshare that already have. When reviewing they were not even aware of the two packages I purchased! So I get another call from their staff saying she found the issue and she was going to personally merge the two packages on my account and I should see an offer in no time! Great right? Wrong!!! No offers at all to date!

So now 4/11/2018 I get a call from a so called “higher up” saying he has reviewed my account stating he has identified the problem and is going to give me a huge discount on the “elite package” that will ensure a sale of my timeshare with their exclusive marketing target of the industry. He went on for 40 minutes with his pitch and stats. So I mention “again” I have already purchased an elite package and received no offers. He insisted he only saw the one agreement, sound familiar Once again time is of the essence and this great discounted offer from $6000 to $3000 will only be offered once & never again, so I need to act now! So I play along but delay pulling the trigger so I have time to review this elite contract. Of course he tried everything to review it with me on the phone and get me to sign up, however I did not. He then said he can keep the offer open until 1:00 pm his time the next day then it is gone forever.

I then review the document they send over with DocuSign laughing as I notice 3 amounts totaling over $4500! At this point I go online to review customer reviews of this company which (shame on me) I should have done before I EVER signed up with them only to find nothing but horrible reviews very similar to my story! I mean literally page after page 1 star reviews! So I reply to the email not interested. This guy then calls me an hour before the deadline telling me to call him back so we can seal the deal on this great opportunity! Of course I do not call back.

So the deadline comes and goes and an hour later he calls me again and send me another contract!! Wait. I thought he said after 1:00 pm the offer could not be extended. This time I check the decline to sign tab and send with a message that I do not want to enter this agreement and that this company TSBO should not be allowed to be in business. Certainly that message will make it clear right? Wrong! He calls me 2 more timeshare with the urgent message that I need to sign and return the contract for this once in a lifetime discount!

Again I do not return his call. So Brent ** calls and leaves yet another voicemail. This time he is rude stating after reviewing his notes, he left me 3 messages and that obviously this was not the priority I expressed the night before even after he spent the time and dedication on this for me. He then goes on to say he just wanted to let me know that I will never hear this again and to have a nice life! For the life of me I do not understand how this company is still in business ripping off thousand upon thousands of dollars from people trying to sell their timeshare.

I am now going to reach out to another company “Mobile Solutions” who represents people like me to get our money back from these crooks. They ask for nothing up front but the only downside is they take 45% of whatever they recover. So huge lesson learned here but I hope to get some of the $3000 back I already paid out to these crooks.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 4, 2018

This company is a fraud. All they do is ask for more money every time we have spoke with them which hasn't been more than 5 times. They continue to say they have sent offers to rent, but we have only had 3 calls about renting. No calls about a sale! My suggestion is that everyone should stay away from them. This company needs to be put out of business. They are a disgrace to other legitimate companies. So disappointed, they got over a $1000 from us with no results.

Original review: March 24, 2018

These heartless people have taken my retired father for thousands. First they took him for $800 to "rent out" his Timeshare. They even knew my mom had pancreatic cancer. Later they took him for way more money to "sell" his Timeshare. And that was after they found out my mother had passed away from cancer. My parents spent most of their life savings for my mom's treatment. I know my father is in mourning and knew he was not going to travel anymore with his wife anymore. He was also in debt from so many medical bills. Wish I could have stopped this from taking place. Timeshares By Owner will steal from anyone, they don't care about people at all. There is a "special" place for people like that.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

SCAM SCAM SCAM... My father a senior citizen (in his 70's) heard about this company through a friend who heard it on a radio broadcast. This woman Debra called my father with a great sales pitch to sell his timeshare for a small fee of $900.00. My father is retired and on a fixed income so $900.00 is a lot of money from his budget. He took the bait she was flying around and gave her his credit card over the phone and told her that his daughter (me) takes care of all his finances so any further information or calls should filter through her. He gave her my contact information.

She called me now a total of 10 times... Not realizing it, but THANKFULLY my father was a few numbers off when giving her his credit card information. With that, she has called harassing me as well as my father for the right credit card information. Giving me this song and a dance about NASCA being in town and she can for sure sell my father’s timeshare. I told her repeatedly that I would not give her any information until I did my research on her company… and she continues to call. It’s just absurd. She’s fast talking and preys on people and I want to say she preys on senior citizens as she promises them candy and rainbows and they take her word for it. Please stay away from this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Timeshares By Owner?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

On July 2017 (Timeshares By Owner), I paid $499.99 for rental/sales for my timeshare located at Westgate Lake Resort in Orlando Florida. I spoke with Steve and he stated that they had renters and renting my timeshare would not be a problem. He stated that I could make money renting while he was selling my timeshare... that it would not be on the market long. I shared with Steve my concerns with dealing with other timeshare companies and that we lost money in the past but he assured me that they have been in business over 20 years and have an A ratings at the BBB and the State of Florida Department of Consumer Services.

Bottom Line - during the six months, Steve called me twice (not including initial sales call and phone calls to get my credit card info). During the two calls, Steve was short and stated that he was working on the rental and sale. He offered no additional information when I pressed for more. I never heard from Steve again. I received a call five months later from another representative trying to sale me another six months; He was very aggressive and rude. Please close this company down so other people will not get scam.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I feel like a complete idiot for not looking at the reviews of this company! They are not A++ rated with BBB and they totally misrepresented themselves in order to get paid a large sum of money to sell my Timeshare. They listed my Timeshare incorrectly and in such a way as it will never sell!!!! I have the ability to use points in my timeshare to go to over 20 locations in the U.S. They put it down as Festiva Orlando with no explanation that my Timeshare is a Points system which can be used all over. (AT ALL FESTIVA LOCATIONS!) DO NOT FALL FOR THESE GUYS!!!!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I wish I would have read all the reviews before I gave them money, unfortunately they hooked me for $884 dollars then tried to upsell me twice, all while never having any offers for 12 months. My experience so far is that the timeshare sellers prey on us and the timeshare re-sellers prey on us. What a racket... Stay away from any timeshares and just pay for your services as you use them.

Original review: June 24, 2017

Timeshares By Owner (TBO) made misrepresentations that induced us to enter into a contract with them to sell our timeshares. After paying them almost $2000 we have had one offer in three months and now they want us to pay an additional $4700 for the same services we were supposed to get for the initial $2000. They misrepresented they had a rating of "A" from the Better Business Bureau but that is a lie. We feel we have been defrauded and want to warn other people about their slick sales practices. We have filed complaints with the Florida Attorney General, the Better Business Bureau and we have posted on Yelp.

Original review: April 20, 2017

I contracted with them to market and promote my timeshare by internet marketing 2012 & 2016. I was told that was the very best way to sell. Have had numerous calls from the "top guy", "Your contract crossed my desk. I am the person to get this done for you. We want your property sold asap." -Sound familiar? It always is more money to get the property out there into an "Elite Program". And now the sales people are getting rude when I don't buy in. How many complaints does it take to put a company out of business?

Original review: March 17, 2017

I subscribed to this company after receiving a call from them. Of course a fee was involved. The scam is that they will market points from your timeshare and generate cash offers. After receiving NO OFFERS for over a year, a different division of their company contacted me to "assist" me in selling other properties I own. Of course, there would be an additional fee. After their performance thus far I declined the offer.

A few months later, a different division of their company contacted me again, with another offer for another fee. When the sales cluck got nowhere I had the dubious pleasure of talking to their marketing director who discounted the fee, and referred to the guarantee in their contract. Of course, she would not make the language in the guarantee available to me until after I authorized payment via my credit card. Of course I decline this generous offer whereupon she became quite abusive. I strongly urge anyone contemplating selling or renting their timeshare to avoid this company at all costs.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

I have used this Timeshares by Owner 3 time (STUPID ME). I can name everyone who sold me this farce of trying to sell my timeshare. And Yesterday I get a call from them. Now what makes you think I would use this service or your company again after I have spent $10,000 trying to sell my timeshare?? I told him that this company was a rip off and I wouldn't use this company if it was the last one. He actually hung up on me. THANK GOODNESS too. People DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Is all they want is your money, and you will NOT get results. I also went thru a consumer advocate to get some of my monies back, and no such luck with them either. I'm stuck with the damn timeshare.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

I spoke with Clifford multiple times before making a decision. After review of the business I was very skeptical. Clifford is a smooth talker and that worried me a bit that he may just be telling me what I wanted to hear in order to get my money. However, I chose to give him a chance to sell my Diamond ownership as I cannot travel anymore due to health issues. After fighting with the resort for 3 years to take it back I just wanted it gone. I paid close to $5,000 to sell and rent this property and after a few months thought all was lost and that I had been doozled once again...

I was wrong. After a few months, (which felt like forever) my property rented. It did not happen as fast as I would have liked or for as much as I wanted, but two months later I received and accepted my first offer. It was $5,000 less my listed value but I was not taking a chance on it not selling at all and quickly accepted the offer. I would recommend Clifford and Timeshares by Owner to anyone. Stressful experience, but overall he got the job done.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

Hello, I received a phone call from Timeshares By Owner from a salesperson named Clifford ** if that is his real name. This is a high-pressure sales pitch and they said that they were registered real estate brokers and that they could sell my timeshare on July 4th weekend 2016 at the Daytona speedway. We put up $1499.00 and $1498.00 on 2 different credit cards. When I did not hear from them, I decided to make some phone calls, everyone kept passing the buck and to make a long story short, we never received a return phone call. We contacted both of the credit cards and disputed the charges as being fraudulent. Right now both accounts are under investigation. We also sent them complaints from RIPOFF Reports. And I just found 33 more complaints on this website CONSUMERAFFAIRS.

This company also goes by TIMESHARE DIRECT and who know how many other names they go by. All they want is your money. Do not give them one red cent, as this is one of the biggest scams in the real estate market. We are elderly senior citizens and in the State of Florida this is called abuse on the elderly and they could get jail time when and if there is an investigation on their business practice.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

Got hustled by these cats! My wife and I just had a baby and didn't think that a timeshare was in our budget. TSBO promised to sell our unit! They took our last $400 and we never got an email, response, a ** off. I mean nothing!!! So I called to check on our status... and they want more money, but this time it was guaranteed!! These people are horrible and don't care about you or your family, and could care less if you went broke. My recommendation: Go to Craigslist. Its free. Already had 2 phone calls and it's been up for 3 hours. THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT VOTE IN OBAMA, AND NEXT CLINTON!! DON'T USE THEM.

Original review: June 7, 2016

Signed up with a rep named Felicia back in April. Very sweet and well spoken. Had 1 offer but unfortunately got back in touch with the possible renter a little too late. The customer service dept said it had expired and claimed if I would've returned the call in a more timely manner I wouldn't have missed out. Really sucks to see so many bad complaints because to have spent $1999 I can say so far so good. No sales offers yet but I'm sure it will come. I mean it's not an overnight process anyway. Shouldn't have bought the stupid timeshare to begin with.

Original review: June 6, 2016

I was talked into signing up with them as they claimed they would be able to rent my condos. I was charged $1999 originally on 3/16/15, $999 on 09/11/15. $605 on 11/03/15, and $1,000 on 12/29/15. The last two charges, they informed me that I would never be charged anymore. They notified me of offers, but it was impossible to find condos for the time requested as they were in prime areas and dates were within a couple of months. I decided I would book some prime time and offer them for rental as they told me that it would be free. I have now been contacted and they first wanted to charge me $1499 to rent the three condos I had listed. I told them I was not paying them anymore money unless they could rent a condo for me. They called me back and lowered the price to $999, and I again told them I would not pay them anymore.

This morning, I received at least 8 phone calls insisting I let them charge $500 to my credit card. I must have told them 10 times at least that I wasn't going to let them charge my credit card and hung up on them. They continued to call, but I did not answer. Guess I was more gullible than the rest. Took me a long time to decide they weren't going to rent the condos. I do notice the phone numbers listed on my credit card bills have 2 different numbers, but all say Timeshares By Owners. Don't know if there is anything that can be done, but I am certainly out a lot of money.

Original review: April 22, 2016

Timeshares By Owner is a very slick scam. Their website looks authentic. They claim they can sell timeshares and/or rent your week. They are astute enough to show up on paid search and have a very slick website. They have testimonials. I was very skeptical, having heard a number of timeshare sales pitches (all from Florida companies), but because they look legitimate, have a web presence and have published testimonials, I gave them a try. I enrolled and agreed to a sales agreement for about $800. Immediately, I was presented with a "customer evaluation". Basically I was evaluating the sales pitch... I gave them a conservative rating. That's how they get their good references.

Later they called about a list of properties they were going to present, giving the impression that they were presenting the properties to actual buyers. The sales guy told me "That's the only way we can sell this stuff". I agreed to pay about $1600 to be on the list. The next day, I got a call from a woman who told me the credit card charge needed to be validated. I logged into my credit card account and authorized the charge. Later I discovered that they had doubled the charge - two charges. They claim I agreed to the charges. Issue is that everything is so confusing, I probably did.

Of course, nothing has happened since. These guys are good. Stay away from them. PS. New scams are out, claiming to "get you out of your timeshare" for a measly $1500 or so. Don't swallow that. Call your timeshare and ask them how you can get out of the contract. Chances are that you can simply surrender your contract. You'll lose your purchase price but you'll be out of the contract.

Original review: March 3, 2016

I am glad to have read the reviews at this site. They called and are now offering to list for under a $1,000.00 with the promise to lower that amount when I decide to list with them. They say they are short of Westgate Properties and are willing to lower the rate. All of that sounds so good since I want to get rid of this timeshare. Since I have only invested a couple months and the deposit, after reading these complaints, I feel that just stopping the payments and letting it go back will be better and much cheaper. I don't know if they will put it on my credit but that might be the price I have to pay for being dumb enough to buy it in the first place. Don't get pulled in by any offers to do things with your timeshare. I would guess that most are just there to get your money. Thank you everyone for your reviews. If they are really able to sell it, they should buy it from you and sell it on their own time.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2016

Put my timeshare for sale with agent Karen ** in early June 2015 for $46K. Paid $1,000 for advertisement. Promised speedy sale. 4 months later, not a single offer. In October 2015 received a call from another agent, April **. She asked for another $2,999 to make another sale push. There were all kinds of back and forth, including insults for me being stupid not to take a chance. Not a single offer. Yes. I was stupid to take it. This January 2016 I receive another call with offer to put more $$$ for sure sale. Told them to go to you know where. They still keep calling.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2015

Christopher ** answered the call when I pressed 1, "by mistake". He talked very fast, treated me as if I could not understand him or what he was explaining but all sounded good until he asked for my credit card. I backed off and then he became nasty, telling me that I was being unkind to him, not willing to give me time to think it over, he was not "playing phone tag"! Stay away from this company, fair warning.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2015

I was contacted by Timeshares By Owners in 06/14 to sell it and since I was retiring and my husband is ill, I decided to go for it. I had to pay $3999 for the cost. Then in December I emailed them back asking the status. Got another email from a different person saying "did I want to lower the price?" I said "yes, if that is what it takes." Then I asked if it was going to cost and he/she said "NO". They sent me another form to sign and since I didn't think there were costs involved and I was still working, I just signed. I had 2 credit card charged from them for $1499. I managed to get around $1400 of it back but still out $6000 and haven't heard from anyone since then.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

A gentleman by the name of ** contacted me. My first question to him was "How much do I have to pay you up front?" I have been contacted by so many and been to seminars that I know to ask that after they make their sales pitch. Well I told him I had to think about it. He kept calling me every day and it got to the point that I would just let the answering machine pick it up. I talked it over with my husband and we finally gave in. We haggled and haggled about the price as I kept telling him that I was on a fixed budget and couldn't do it. He came down to a reasonable price. It has been months since I have heard from him so I decided to try and contact him today Aug. 4th. You guessed it - went straight to voicemail. You would think that by now we would have learned. I just lost my job so my husband and I don't work and count only on our SS so I really can't afford anything else. Would be nice if they did sell it. I could use the extra money.

Original review: July 15, 2015

I was called in Jan. to ask to have my resort sold. Took 1000 dollars. Promised me it would be sold. Swore they could sell. After few months, nothing...hardly ever got calls back. Then ask for another 500, said it was for sure sold...wrong. So many different people said same thing. They really took me. Be aware. They all lied. Took my money. I probably lost my resort by name because of them. This is worst company ever. They also said they could rent it. Right. No call back...a joke. Don't give them your money. No.

Original review: June 25, 2015

Be careful when Timeshares By Owner calls you and promises to both rent any banked weeks and sell your timeshare. They "guarantee" they will do both over the phone, but the contract they send contradicts this. They are very pushy in trying to acquire credit card information and getting you to click on the "sign" button to make the contract binding. Fortunately, I looked them up on Consumer Affairs and saw the reviews before I clicked that sign button. Consumer Affairs saved me $1499 worth of pain and anguish.

Original review: May 20, 2015

Took me for 1200. Then ask for 500 more. Promised sale and rental. Got neither. Told me not to pay fees 'cause selling. Now it's on my credit. So, so upset. They took me good.

Original review: May 18, 2015

Last fall we were contacted by TSBO to help us sell or rent our timeshare (this was the 10th time since we brought it.) I talked to them and at one point agreed but only if I could get all the money he request of $3800. I was told that I could cancel it at any time and they would refund my money. So I explained that I need to speak with my husband first. He came back with "well we can do it for this much... I can credit you this amount for when you tried a few years ago" (yeah right.) We were promised that they would list it and advertise it.

He called everyday to see if I had talked to my husband and if I had the rest of the fee. I explained to him at that point I needed to cancel it because we could not afford it. He said "ok but it would take a few days." Suddenly the phone calls stopped. I called and left messages to make sure that it had been canceled out. I also sent emails, I actually got to talk to several people in Customer Service who said yes it had been canceled or that they would relay the message. After a few more days I called my credit card company and had them reverse the charges since TSBO was not returning my calls. My Credit card company did this. Well five months later we get a nasty letter from a Mr. ** stating we still owed $1005 to TSBO.

Telling us we must pay that amount within five days of the letter dated May 13th (pretty good since we just got it on May 18th.) Or we need to call TSBO and talk to a ** x250 (no mail box set up) or email a **. Tried to call did get through once but ** claimed he could not hear me. So I tried to call back right back and it goes to the mail box that is not set up. We sat down and tried to figure out how much they scammed from us over the past few years. Over $7000 for nothing. I have contacted an attorney to get this issue resolved. I bet the message I left will not be returned.

Original review: April 9, 2015

Tried to have them sell my timeshare. So far I am down $ 2,000 and they want more. My ???? is why have they not been shut down by better business. I guess they cannot be bothered with Timeshare owners. Scam Scam Scam. I believe in Karma how about you Timeshare by owner.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

I had Mindy ** tell me that Timeshares By Owner could rent my week for $2400. I paid $1700 to list it with them. Two years later, no rental yet!!!

Updated on 03/04/2015:

** keeps leaving phone messages saying he has a great deal for me and I need to call him ASAP. I have returned his call several times and told he was busy with other clients and he would call me back. It takes him 2 weeks to return my call! I paid $1700 two years ago to list my rentals and have never had a rental purchased!!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2014

I brought a timeshare with west gate in Orlando and this gentlemen by the name of Todd **, so called manager there, was going to help me sell my timeshare/ weeks and told me that I would have to pay them $1,200.00. Once I gave him the money, he never contacted me. I called several time. I left messages and never got a call back. I am furious with this company. I don't know how to get my money back.

Timeshares By Owner Company Information