BuyATimeShare.com
3.57/5

Discover a great timeshare now

BuyATimeShare.com

Merrimack, NH

BuyaTimeshare.com is an internet advertising company for timeshare owners who seek to sell or rent their timeshare. The company has been in business since 2000 and has been ranked twice in Inc. Magazine’s prestigious Inc. 5000 List as one of the fastest-growing, privately held companies in the country. BuyaTimeshare.com was also listed as one of BusinessNH Magazine’s Top 10 Companies to Watch. The company is a member in good standing of the American Resort Development Association (ARDA), the Canadian Vacation Ownership Association (CVOA), and the Mexico Resort Development Association AMDETUR. We are the only company in our sector to be accepted into membership of all three associations. For more information, please call us at 800-640-6886 or visit our website today!

Discover a great timeshare now

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

BuyATimeShare.com Reviews

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Had one person in a year that offered me $3.00 for my timeshare! Don't waste your money with these people. They don't guide you at all. Your timeshare is worth nothing. All they want is your $1000.00 bucks. Timeshare business sucks. Your investment is worth nothing at the end.

BuyATimeShare.com response

Frank - according to our records you had 122 visitors to your ad and two offers on your timeshare, the latest on 10/24 for $250. As a by-owner advertising company it is against Florida law for us to price guide, guarantee a time of sale or a sale price, as explained in our contract with you. Many clients use our services to get out from their high, on-going maintenance fees and will accept offers at less than market value. This process is completely negotiated by supply and demand market forces.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

We paid this company $1500 to sell our timeshare. It is now 9 months later. They did absolutely nothing. No contact from them. No prospective buyers. No nothing. We contacted them to get our money back. You guessed it. They are backtracking away from any refund. Awaiting to hear from them. I am not holding my breath. We did finally sell the timeshare by means of having Marriott handle the sale. I think we were taken advantage of by a crooked company. David ** Maine

BuyATimeShare.com response

David - we are pleased that you were able to move on from your ownership. However, to say that we did nothing is inaccurate. As a by-owner advertising service we do not guarantee how long it takes for a timeshare to sell, nor the sale price. Our marketing attracted 109 visitors to your ad, so our efforts worked. Details such as asking price can have an impact on whether buyers make an offer. Because your sale did not fall within the refund policy in our contract, we are unable to give a refund.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Having received no feedback for 2 years since paying for their service in selling our Orlando Timeshare, I am now unable to log in to their Site using username and password previously used, in order to check if any progress has been made.

BuyATimeShare.com response

Hello Mervyn - without more specifics regarding your account it is impossible to verify whether you are even a customer, so please call us on 1-800-640-6886 so we can review your statement and adjust your account if needed. It will only take a few minutes. Our account logins are based on email addresses so we do not use usernames as you mentioned, so perhaps you have us confused with someone else.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Everyone hates spam !!! I never asked for any info... YET I get spam ads about this business. They pay ILLEGAL spammers to send out their endless junk. Shows desperation. Then when you call and ask why, your are told they are not responsible for 3rd party spamming!! I ask if they are doing it to be nice, or are they getting paid?? This is when they hang up. Never do business with ANY company that has these kinds of ethics.

BuyATimeShare.com response

Thank you for your response. We've checked our database and we cannot find anyone in our system by your name and only one person in your town by the same last name. However, we do not have an email address for that person so there is no way that person could have been emailed by us. Perhaps you have us confused with another company, but we are concerned as we have had companies fraudulently impersonate us previously. Please call us or email us at info@buyatimeshare.com so we can resolve this.

Original review: July 18, 2019

For several years I have tried to sell my Timeshare with BuyATimeShare.com. Every time I call they say the same, that I increases and or decreases the price of the Timeshare as recommended by them. The representatives promise a sell that apparently will be true, which has not happened in all this time. BuyATimeShare is a deception. I am completely disappointed and frustrated with this company. I regretted not been able to recommend this company for the sale of a Timeshare.

BuyATimeShare.com response

Hello Maria - we are disappointed to hear about your experience, but without more details about your account or your contact details it is very difficult to assess your situation. As I'm sure you understand, with any type of advertisement, details such as asking price, the week owned and season can have a significant effect on whether buyers decide to make an offer. Please feel free to contact our customer service team to discuss your case.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BuyaTimeshare.com?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Their representatives promise you that they are the best and your timeshare will get the top advertising that should sell it right away, and much more. After giving them your money you will probably call them many times to find out why it's not selling. They advise you to lower the price after that several more times and there is a good chance you still won't sell it. I sold mine on my own for the same price that had been downgraded on their website several times as they advised me to. I was told by their sales representative when I purchased this scam sales site that if I sell it on my own just send the proof into them and you will get a full refund. "Scam". A sales rep supervisor called me and stated, "I am sorry you don't qualify for the refund because it was sold for less than 85% of the original asking price." I stated to this supervisor Natisha, "Well this is what your sales people have told me several times in the past. Check your so called recorded lines."

Natisha stated, "Well you should have read your contract better," and I stated to Natisha, "That's how you make your money by deceiving the customers when advising them to lower the price you never advise them that you will void your deceiving contract." In may state that somewhere in the long fine print but I bet this company is currently being investigated of their con game. If anyone out there is thinking of using this company you better think about it. I am willing to bet they Scammed more money from people using this tactic than timeshares sold.

BuyATimeShare.com response

Dear Joseph – Your account shows 127 customer views of your ad, so we were successful in promoting your ad. Your documentation is not a sales contract with a sale price but a deed showing transfer of ownership. Our refund policy states you may qualify for a refund “if you sell your timeshare through a real estate broker for an amount that exceeds $200 and 85% of the Sale Price listed in your Contract.” With no real estate sales document confirming a price, this does not fall within our policy.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

No refund for canceling within the 10 days. On July 19th I signed contract for them to sell my timeshare, after I found out there is no value in timeshares. Called to cancel on July 23rd. Spoke the customer service manager Natasha. I told her I wanted to cancel my contract and was going to try to stop payment, she told me she would note my account. I went to bank funds were already taken and I waited 20 days for refund. When I did not receive it called back to Natasha, who said I did not cancel and refund would not be coming.

On the contract says in writing to address or to customerservice@buyatimeshare.com. The website has no customer service to contact except for a phone number. Number 1 deceived me into believing my timeshare had value. Number 2 when you cannot cancel by speaking to customer service manager when you have trouble with the other options. Seems unreal.

BuyATimeShare.com response

As you acknowledged in your complaint, our contract states that your request needed to be submitted in writing either to the address listed in the contract or to the email address that you correctly mentioned. Our customer service information is available through the Contact Us link on our homepage. As a gesture of goodwill, we offered you a 50 percent refund and you refused. We are available to discuss your account at any time so please contact us at your convenience.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I listed my timeshare with this company since 2010. I finally closed the ad in 2017, after having worked with (and paid) another company to get rid of my timeshare. Based on the sales pitch I was given I was hopeful when I signed up, but quickly realized that was all it was... a sales pitch... paramount to a scam! To add insult to injury, after being on the site for a few weeks, I received a call with another sales pitch stating that they were sure they could get my timeshare sold if I paid for additional exposure, to which I stupidly agreed. In short, there is absolutely no need to utilize this company or their service, as they don't provide any value. Whatever the reason you're trying to get rid of your timeshare, you would do well to just bypass their website altogether and take your chances doing it yourself or finding another company to do it for you!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I paid them $350 OVER a year ago and I've lowered the price on my property 5 times already. I won't even make a dime out of this deal. They are a waste of time. Please people do not use them. Stay away. They are a bunch of crooks. Just read the reviews. They just take your money!!!

BuyATimeShare.com response

Richard - we are concerned that you feel this way about our company but there are many factors that contribute to an offer being placed on a timeshare, such as the week owned, resort and location. Without your specific information, we are unable to research your account so we ask that you call us on 800-640-6886. We can assure you that, having been in business for the past 18 years and a Trustee Member of the American Resort Development Association, we are not the "crooks" that you allege.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Wish I didn’t have to give a star but Just like everyone else I paid over $1200 and haven’t received one offer. I keep lowering it just like everyone else and nothing... There’s only six TimeShare at the location that I have mine, it’s located at a vacation destination so to not get one person make an offer sounds like a fraud to me!! But when I called upset they told me if I found someone else to sell it for me they’ll give me my money back. That’s what I hired them for! Feel ripped off.

BuyaTimeshare.com expert review by Lisa Ann Schreier

BuyaTimeshare.com was founded in 2000 and is an exclusively online outlet for timeshare owners to sell, buy and rent vacation ownership. Buyers and renters can search timeshares from around the world, and sellers can reach a large target audience that is dedicated to buying a timeshare.

• Explore different timeshare developers: BuyaTimeshare.com works with major developers such as Wyndham, Hilton, Diamond and Bluegreen, making it easier for people looking to buy or rent a timeshare to get a feel for the property and decide which one will work best for their vacation needs.

• Credibility: BuyaTimeshare.com is the only timeshare resale advertising company to be accepted into all three North American industry associations, the American Resort Development Association (ARDA), Canadian Resort Development Association (CRDA) and the Mexican Resort Development Association (AMDETUR). Such support ensures the credibility of the company.

• Customer service: The team at BuyaTimeshare.com is on stand-by to help sellers, buyers and renters with their timeshare needs, with over 70 hours per week of live support to help owners position their timeshares for sale.

• Email notification when an offer is made: Sellers don’t need to constantly check the website to see if anyone has made an offer on their timeshare. BuyaTimeshare.com will send an email when an offer is made, and the seller will respond through their secure online account. At that point, sellers can choose to accept, decline or counter the offer.

• Secure: BuyaTimeshare.com has several ways of protecting the private information of their customers. They use captcha security software on their “Make Offer” forms to eliminate offers from fraudulent buyers. They also have a free secure login account for both buyers and sellers that makes open communication possible without the need to disclose private information.

• Best for: BuyaTimeshare.com is best for those who are looking to sell, buy or rent a timeshare.

Profile picture of Lisa Ann Schreier
      Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

BuyATimeShare.com Company Information