2. Travel

Spirit Air Reviews

Spirit Air
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.79/5
Based on 1,456 ratings submitted in the last year

Spirit Airlines is dedicated to bringing the lowest total price to every place we fly – on average much lower than other airlines. We offer our customers our Bare Fare®

pricing, allowing them to pay only for the options they want – things like bags, seat assignments and refreshments. With our Fit Fleet™, one of the youngest fleets of any major U.S. airline, we operate more than 460 daily flights to 65 destinations in the U.S., Latin America, and the Caribbean.

Spirit Air Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spirit Air?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spirit Air?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

My fiancé and I booked a flight to Orlando with our 7 month old son.. scary.. yes! The customer service on the phone, the boarding crew, the flight attendants, (Kiara and Ryan) were a amazing.. On the way to our destination the flight attendant (I didn’t get her name) stopped and played with our son with napkins that kept him laughing the entire plane ride.. Helped calm us down dramatically..

On our way back home the flight was later in the evening.. and I forgot water. Baby water (our son won’t drink cool milk). The flight attendants or stewards Noticed my distress and brought me a cup of hot water to mix with a bottle of water to make the perfect temperature for our little one. Warmed this mamas Heart!! This airline is AMAZING! We had the best experience.. The captain was very informative due to the rain .. I myself only flew twice.. and I’m soo excited to book our next flight with you guys!!!.. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Our flight number was NK625 our seat number was 19a/c. To every employee on that flight THANK YOU!!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

Not only did Spirit provide the lowest cost on a flight, but they went above and beyond to help me. I have not flown in several years and I started getting motion sickness. Two different flight attendants brought me ice packs during my flight. They continually checked on me until we landed. I wish I would have gotten their names to give credit where credit is due, but I didn’t... Spirit will be my first choice when booking a flight! Thank you for making my flight more comfortable!

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2020

I was searching for the lowest price on flights for my next holiday. Then I hit this, I guess this was the best spot I landed at. It provides options which quickly filters amongst hundreds of airlines and returns the cheapest flights for your desired route in a flash. One of the best things about using Spirit Airlines is how seamlessly it fits into my trip planning process and when it comes to spirit airlines customer service, I found it very helpful; we can contact on 1(806)-256-8444 to get our queries resolved quickly.

Original review: March 16, 2020

I felt like I was in a nice restaurant as far as the service was concerned. On a different airline, I was given a cracker for a nine hour flight. On Spirit, for a five hour flight, stewardess came by about five times and had quite an array of food and drink. Got to my destination relaxed and satisfied. Go Spirit.

Original review: March 10, 2020

The rates are generally low during our city's busy season which is a big help for so many of us that are retired. It is definitely a low frill airlines but if the rates are low enough it’s worth using. There are enough people from all over the country that live here and they can all benefit from travel low fares if more cities are included in the destinations. This is what we are all hoping for that the airlines will expand to more destinations and continue low prices throughout the year not only during Busy season. The people here in Myrtle Beach and their relatives around the country would use the airline even more if the rates were low throughout the year and more destinations were added.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I was on my way back from SDQ to ATL, one of the flight attendants rub my shoulder, I asked him not to, as we are going through a pandemic. Another flight attendant took it as a personal offense and started saying I was not wearing my mask, when I was clearly wearing my mask, he stop the plane before take off and told the captain that I was not wearing a mask, the passenger next to me witness everything and was trying to speak up but was ignored.. The captain would not speak to me either, I had to get off the plane because this flight attendant abuse his power.

I try contacting customer service but they have been completely ignored the request.. The customer service of this airline is a joke. They treat people like garbage, and if you flight via Florida or the south be careful as they are extremely racist, as it is the tendency in the US south! And this situation was not an exemption.. From the check in to the pilot this company is unethical.. Save yourself a bad experience and choose a different airline, THE WORSE EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.. Not to mention I had heart surgery recently but the flight attendant look for the confrontation regardless.. Will be taking this to legal!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I'm fine with the limited legroom, uncomfortable seats and bare bones flying experience Spirit offers. What's not acceptable is Spirit cancelling all flights into Ft. Myers for the week booked, including our flights and not even bothering to email me. After 20+ minutes on hold I finally spoke with an rep who advised that my payment would be credited to future travel. I have no desire to ever book with Spirit again and had to fight to get my money back. There were eight of us traveling and now we need to make alternative travel plans and Spirit wasted 3 days. I happened upon the cancellation while checking flights for that week, otherwise, I may not have known until we arrived at the airport. I asked if they would fly us into FLL - 2hrs away - at the same price since there were similar flights (day/time).

Even though it was an extra 2 hrs of driving and we'd have to now eat the cost of a rental car, Spirit refused to make the switch without charging the extra $30/person. THEY cancelled our flights. I had another flight booked for March to FLL and actually received an email from Spirit that they cancelled my nonstop early morning flight and switched me to a flight with an 8 hr layover, effectively killing my entire day. Unacceptable. When buying bare bones airfare, you shouldn't be surprised with seats that are as comfortable as a wooden park bench, but you should be able to count on the airline meeting their end of the agreement and providing the flight, and at the very least sending an email to let you know they cancelled the flights. Book anywhere else if you want to be somewhere specific on a specific date. You cannot count on Spirit to not cancel your flight.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

First and last time with this airline (SPIRIT). They're very unprofessional, rude, no education at all especially Orlando airport... We travel 2/2/2021. The only thing they care is how they take more money from you.. We just ask a question about our luggage and the answer was (It’s not our problem). Are you serious? So whose problem is... I am very disappointed. We was 4 travelers and we never going to travel with SPIRIT AIR LINE again.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I signed up for $9 fare club in November 2019 without reading the policy. I ended up not using it in 2019. Could not fly most of 2020 anyway. I was charged for automatic renewal in November 2020. I canceled the same day the charge went to my credit card. Now I paid for a year I will never be able to use. Their policy is no cancellation, no refund. I cannot even reinstate the current year that was canceled. I will never fly Spirit again even if I have to pay double the price on another airline!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

They made us miss our flight knowing we were flying in the next 30 minutes. They were very rude. No one would help us and when we were planning staying at the airport overnight they kicked us out to sleep in the streets and they wouldn’t offer us the hotel and when we were speaking to the supervisor Patty employee #** was worse than all of them. She disrespected me and everyone I was with. It was the worst experience ever!! This airline does not have any respect for their customers.

Spirit Air Company Information