2. Travel
Spirit Air

Spirit Air Reviews

3.7/5 (1476 ratings)

About Spirit Air Reviews

Spirit Airlines is dedicated to bringing the lowest total price to every place we fly – on average much lower than other airlines. We offer our customers our Bare Fare®

Spirit Air Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spirit Air?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spirit Air?

Original review: May 5, 2021

I am scared of flying. I always have been, but every flight that I’ve taken was Spirit. The stewardess have been amazing. My last flight from Orlando to Latrobe yesterday morning.... The stewardess Shelly went out of her way to check on me multiple times and even sat next to me a few times and talked to me to reassure me everything was going to be alright. I can’t thank her and the rest of the crew enough for their kindness and patience with me with flying. Every flight I have been on with Spirit the stewardess have always checked on me and asked how I was doing during the flight. The kind words and reassurance is greatly appreciated!

Original review: April 1, 2021

Well I had the time of my life. I was so scared to go up in the air. The airline made me feel so safe and made me feel so happy that I forgot I was even on a plane ✈️ going up and then I felt the pull up and was about to coriander then I slept.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I believe this is a great airline! I’ve always have a great experience, whether it be a domestic or international flight. The staff is always friendly and helpful! The only thing I do have to say negatively is, that they seem to change flight times, sometimes frequently, after booking your flight online. I also did notice that the baggage fees went up from last time I flew with them, but it was still a great experience, especially since the flights were actually shorter than expected... which is always nice!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

My fiancé and I booked a flight to Orlando with our 7 month old son.. scary.. yes! The customer service on the phone, the boarding crew, the flight attendants, (Kiara and Ryan) were a amazing.. On the way to our destination the flight attendant (I didn’t get her name) stopped and played with our son with napkins that kept him laughing the entire plane ride.. Helped calm us down dramatically..

On our way back home the flight was later in the evening.. and I forgot water. Baby water (our son won’t drink cool milk). The flight attendants or stewards Noticed my distress and brought me a cup of hot water to mix with a bottle of water to make the perfect temperature for our little one. Warmed this mamas Heart!! This airline is AMAZING! We had the best experience.. The captain was very informative due to the rain .. I myself only flew twice.. and I’m soo excited to book our next flight with you guys!!!.. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Our flight number was NK625 our seat number was 19a/c. To every employee on that flight THANK YOU!!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

Not only did Spirit provide the lowest cost on a flight, but they went above and beyond to help me. I have not flown in several years and I started getting motion sickness. Two different flight attendants brought me ice packs during my flight. They continually checked on me until we landed. I wish I would have gotten their names to give credit where credit is due, but I didn’t... Spirit will be my first choice when booking a flight! Thank you for making my flight more comfortable!

Original review: July 18, 2021

Returning to Orlando from San Juan. They canceled our flight 3hrs before flight time. We waiting over 2 hours in line to reschedule our flight for two days later. No reimbursement for our extra two day hotel stay or transportation fees. We're stuck in a cheap hotel 40m away from airport with no car rental with nothing more than an apology. We also had to extend airport parking at home and call out of work. Don't recommend and would never use Spirit again.

Original review: July 14, 2021

A nightmare, terrible experience, DO NOT fly Spirit Airlines, my flight suppose to be in a Sunday, We was taking off on Tuesday, They don’t care about people, disgusting customer service, They do what they want with people. If you want to leave your worst experience ever, buy from this airline. Same happened coming back, We are suppose to return on a Sunday, They cancel my flight and put in on Monday night, then in my layover I had to wait over 24 hours to take the next flight to my destination. They oversell the tickets and leave you behind another flight.

Original review: July 12, 2021

My first and last experience with SpiritAir was this past weekend. My wife and I were returning from a business trip to Baltimore and had decided to try Spirit on the return trip. It ended up costing as much as Frontier but we were fine with that. We checked into our flight the night before on their app. Fast forward to the next morning. Our flight is at 6am. We arrive to drop off the rental car at 4:45 and are in the security line by 5. The line was long and we were not to TSA until 5:15. Now mind you, we checked into our flight the night before.

My wife attempts to pull up our boarding passes and the app simply shows the infinite spinning wheel. I download the app on my phone and attempted to pull it up... surprise surprise same problem. The TSA agent says, "No problem, we can scan your driver's license to pull up the flight info." She is mystified, "It's not working. Let me try again, it's still not working. That's weird, it's like you don't have a flight. I'm sorry you'll have to go to the kiosk." Ok, not her fault, something must be wrong with our information on SpiritAirlines system.

The kiosk will not print our passes because we have now passed the 45min threshold. Women at the counter refuses to help tells us to go to the back of the line. Stand in line for an hour while our flight takes off. We get to the counter and the woman tells us we missed our flight (no kidding) and that it's our fault. We need to pay $99 and catch the next flight two days later which was not an option to miss 2 days of work.

After the flight took off the Spirit App starts magically working again and there are our boarding passes. We had to book a flight on a different airline to the grand total of $1000 to get home. The real kicker is that we received a message the day before from Spirit asking for volunteers to skip the flight because they were overbooked. It seems to me they were intentionally bumping people by disabling the app. There were 4 other passengers who experienced the same app mystery with that flight.

I highly recommend that everyone who encounters their dishonest practices files a complaint with the Department of Transportation. They have already been fined before ($320,000) for cheating customers. It's time to hold Edward Christie and Ben Baldanza's feet to the fire for getting rich by cheating their customers. I will never fly that airline again.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I call Spirit Airlines the One Time Flight for the sole purpose that you will fly once and never again. Brittany, the attendant at the front before checking into TSA was trained and only trained to make you as irate as possible. Besides from getting into the details which I’m sure you have all read on here already, they are made to take as much money from you as possible before you get in on that flight. It doesn’t matter that you need to be in another city for a medical emergency, no, they want to make sure they get paid first then you can die. “It’s policy to check in your small tiny bag” is what they are trained to say because obviously, they were trained in the art of deescalating. And don’t get mad, because they threatened to call Sheriff's Office on you if you get mad.

This is by far the worst flight experience I’ve ever had with any airlines, period. I have flown over 400,000 miles. Eventually when every single person has flown this airlines at least once, they’ll run out of business because there is no way you’ll be a return flyer. It’s not what their business model stands for. They should be Called “We’ll Destroy Your Spirit Airlines” and their model should be “because you deserve to get ** HARD before you get on a metal can thousands of feet up in the air.” Wow, what a terrible experience, don’t ever go public with an IPO, oh my god.

Original review: July 10, 2021

From the beginning, on the way to the airport we begin to get messages about flight delays. Mind you it’s an hour and half drive to the airport. We arrive two hours ahead of our original departure time. Checking in was a nightmare. To frame the picture for you the only airline with lines circling around their ticketing was Spirit. We self print our tickets and bag tags. Then you have to move to another line to actually check your bags. The ticket agent was rude and constantly distracted by other agents. We finally manage to get through that disaster and off to TSA. Surprisingly that was easy. It’s sad but the federal government was faster than a private company.

We eat lunch which was nice and arrive at our gate. Well here we go again. Spirit has delayed my flight for a second time by another hour. While I struggle to entertain my three year old my phone goes off again. Sprit has again pushed my flight back for the third time. Needless to say I’m still at the airport waiting on a flight that was scheduled to leave at 1155 and the flight is scheduled to now leave at 3:24 pm. When I speak with agents at the gate they look at me with a blank stare and tell me they do not know why the plane is delayed.

I have been busy rescheduling all my transportation due to spirit's inability to perform the simplest of tasks. Spirit has now cost me additional moneys to secure transportation to another island, as I can’t use the economical water taxi. While waiting for the plane my wife opens her spirit application and we have multiple families tickets attached to ours. This is scary I wonder how many other people have my tickets attached to their profile. Lord knows how much PII is exposed due to this! In closing I pray this review will spare the next unassuming traveler the pain I have has with spirit airlines. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

Spirit Air Company Information