Spirit Air

Compare Airlines

Research top Airlines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We just completed a trip to Florida to visit relatives in Florida, and we found Spirit to be a very good value and the flights were pleasant, and their on board crews polite and competent. That said, this is not an airline for those who are needy (in many ways), nor for those with an inflated sense of self. The Spirit Airlines website makes it very clear what costs they charge, so anyone with a brain can figure out if this will work for them. The boarding pass (that you print at home) clearly states what time you need to clear security and what time that you need to be at the gate by (how much easier is that people). What we liked was by not having people trying to bring over-sized carry-ons with them, our plane was ready for take off on-time, and we actually were cleared to go 10 minutes early. The seats were comfortable, and the on board snacks were cheaper than buying them at the terminal. I enjoyed Spirit better than Southwest.

I was promised 2 R/T vouchers on their airline for giving up my seat on a flight. At no time during this discussion of vouchers and at no point in the documentation they gave me and had me sign about vouchers, was I told there was a monetary limit on the base fare amount to be covered. However, when I attempt to use the voucher, it only covers a portion of the base fare, though the documentation tells me it should cover ALL of the base fare. My interactions with their customer service department provided no useful feedback, and they refused to send me any sort of documentation about the vouchers which confirms that only a portion of the base fare would be covered. They are as deceptive about their vouchers as they are about their marketing in general.

Spirit Airlines: This has been happening many times, something has to be done about this Spirit Airlines and their bad attitude towards customers. All they need is money from people. I told a friend last time on the flight that "they have started charging for everything. Wait till they charge for air as well, that we breathe in their flight?" In my last flight from New York they gave me a voucher to be used for the next flight because I had applied a Mastercard inside the flight. I tried the voucher. It NEVER worked for my future flight.

Today, (November 29, 2016) I tried to book a ticket for my interview in NY, and then everything went well when the prompt of signing up for a mastercard will help me save 100 dollars, I was very happy, so my ticket was 99 dollars going and 99 dollars coming. I was happy to receive 100 dollars off and would pay only 99. Several times I tried to pay, there was an error message, then I called the customer service. The agent who answered the phone was ANNA **, she was charging me 199.98. I insisted on getting the 100 dollar off, as mentioned on the booking page (web page) asked for Bank of America Mastercard. She did not agree and give me the discount. She said "you will get in on your next bookings." I said, "why not on this booking?"

I have a voucher you guys gave me on my flight to use it. It did not work. This thing on your web page is fake to apply for a mastercard and using the Bank of America login. They can get all our information through our Bank of America account, and still nothing that was promised happened. I never got the booking. I never got the discount. I never could use the voucher and as per the promise if we sign into our Bank of America account and they can gather our basic and sensitive information, and then refuse the 100 dollars off as promised, and upon requesting online help in booking our tickets, they charge extra, and when asking to cancel the booking the whole amount is forfeited.

My family is in the process of relocating from Atlanta GA to Detroit MI. Some of our family decided to come visit us on our first weekend in MI. We advised them to fly Spirit to save some money (we have flown in the past with no problems at all). They booked their flights and all was well... so we thought! We were scheduled to close on our new home in Michigan on a Monday with our family flying in on the Thursday of the same week. Our closing got rescheduled due to Thanksgiving week and we are now scheduled to close on Friday. We thought it would be best for our family to reschedule to the next weekend. It was here that we found out that spirit was going to charge $90 per ticket to reschedule the flight. We would also have to pay luggage fees and the additional difference in the price of each ticket.

I'm not too upset that they charge to reschedule. But, I am completely pissed off because they were unwilling to help (at all!) by offsetting the cost of the reschedule charge. I spoke with 3 representatives and all of them told me that there was nothing they could do. At this point I realized that they do not care about their customers. They only care about money.

Please do not fly with this company!!! After all the fees and the new flight, my family was going to end up paying almost $600 for this flight. I was trying my best to stay loyal to this company because of our past flights. But this one crossed a line for me. If your company is not willing to "try" and keep your customers, I am not willing to stay. Good bye Spirit Airlines!

Spirit made me miss a flight, because they said I had an infant to check in and made me wait in a 45 mins line. I had inform them that I stop making kids a long time ago and I did not start my first leg of a round trip with any infants. They refuse to correct their mistake, claiming the manager was on an hour break. I had to pay over $400 to another airline to get back from MI to FL. Then they had the nerves to send me an email four months later stating get to your flight early expect delays. Not only their customer service suck, their computer system too. They also did my mother the same, had to pay extra. No more Spirit Airlines for me and my family...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spirit Air?

When traveling on the plane first of all there's no space. The seats do not recline. Not to mention there is an extra fee for everything. Even to choose seat, extra charge for luggage. Plus when traveling with two kids, a newborn and a 6 yr old, they do not do anything to try to accommodate you. When I got off the plane they didn't give me my stroller. Had to hold my newborn which was 3 months old weighting 15 pounds for 3 hours while I passed through the gates since I was coming from Colombia. It was a horrible experience. I wanted to cry. No consideration. Even when I mentioned to the lady that worked there about my stroller she told me I had to wait. Horrible... I will never go through Spirit again.

I booked a flight on Spirit because I needed a cheap flight from Oakland to Las Vegas. The price was $120. When I got my bill I was outraged. Spirit did not tell me that the $120 only covered the ticket... the seat was extra, as was the bathroom, as was service... in the end my ticket was just short of $400. This is absolutely the most morally corrupt business I have ever run into. Where else do you buy a ticket for travel and not get a seat? This airline should be investigated and put out of business. I will never fly Spirit again. Please save yourself and do the same.

I tried to book a flight to Las Vegas from Kansas City on Spirit Airlines over the Thanksgiving holiday and the pricing was very good compared to other carriers so I thought until all of the a la carte fees started to add up, no problem. The straw that broke the camel's back was I booked flights leaving Kansas City Nov. 23, 2016 and returning Nov. 26, 2016 and when I went to purchase the tickets the dates were confirmed but when the tickets were purchased and I went to download my itinerary the dates were incorrect. They had me returning on Dec. 25, 2016. I immediately tried to straighten this out and was charged a change fee that was going to make a $472.00 ticket $832.00 so I decided to just cut my losses and cancelled the flight.

The cancellation fee was $252.00 and the $220.00 was credited to my account. Not my credit card account but with the airline and I had to use it by January 17, 2017. Now I'm frustrated and figured to get my credit, I'll try to book the flight again and utilize my credit. I could not redeem my credit because the error said the names did not match on the credit voucher. What they have done was to place my middle initial at the end of my first name. I tried to call the customer care number and only got an automated system not a real person. After reading the reviews from others, I see I'm not the only victim. Many have gone through exactly what I did. When it's all said and done I just lost the $472.00.

I have been flying for several years and have never been so upset about an experience for my traveling with an airline as I was with Spirit Airlines!!! First of all you have to pay $55 for carry-on luggage or $50 to check a bag. You have to pay for snacks and beverages on the airline. The seats with the most uncomfortable I've ever sat in in my years of flying. Very discourteous flight attendants. I was almost going to bring my credit card to the bathroom for I wouldn't put it past them to charge for toilet paper. They lead you to believe that you're paying a decent price to fly when in fact you're hit with several charges along the way. Needless to say I will never never never fly Spirit again.

Booked a trip to from Detroit to Atlanta to see our son graduate from Marine Corps Boot camp in Parris Island SC for October 5th, 2016 at 7:30PM and land at 9:30PM in Atlanta. Along comes hurricane Matthew and the graduation date gets moved from October 7 to October 5th at 11AM. The kicker is the graduation date gets moved on October 4th at 1PM. So desperately call Spirit Air and try to get a flight out that night. I was on the phone with Spirit from 1PM to 4PM. After waiting on hold for 20 minutes Spirit Air automatically disconnects the call and you have to go over the whole experience all over again. Long story short we drive all night through to get to SC in time to see him graduate. Try to get a hold of Spirit for the next 3 days but was unable to do so. Finally on the 4th day we get a hold of a humanoid who states “There is nothing we can do for you.” I say “There is nothing you can do or nothing you WILL do...” We get nowhere with "Marvin".

So I call the travel insurance we purchased (75.00). I email them all my information, Spirit Air number, Credit card information, Flight Confirmation number. They say “You should have an 8 digit confirmation number not a six digit one.” So I take a screenshot of my email from Spirit with my six digit CONFIRMATION NUMBER on it and they say “We have no record of this transaction.” I email them back stating, “Didn't you get my screenshot of my purchase with Spirit?” and they said “Yes we received it but still have no record of the transaction.” 960.00 dollars later we are out all our money. Whatever you do, DO NOT FLY SPIRIT, PAY THE EXTRA 200.00 AND FLY A REPUTABLE AIRLINES AND DO NOT get the Spirit Insurance if you do fly. Only thing that's good for is toilet paper!!

This is the worst airline I have ever flown on, not only did I get delayed going to the location, coming back, I was delayed almost 4 hrs and missed my connection. Upon arrival, get given a $7 food coupon. REALLY?!? Your customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I want a refund for such crappy service. I promise I WILL never fly with Spirit again. Customer service: Does not given concise information. Delayed customers are given only a $50 voucher even after being delayed 4 hrs and missing a connection, causing you to sleep somewhere else. I wish CA has negative, I would use it. I bet you this business will not be here 10 years from now.

Horrible customer service and airline! What airline doesn't even provide water for their passengers? Spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone speaking to customer service about a pet charge that wasn't even utilized!

Horrible customer service. Both to and from flights were delayed. They just kept stringing us along 10-15 minutes at a time with no clear guidance on what was going on. My bags were lost and have still have not been returned 48 hours later. The remedy from the airline was $65 in a voucher for future travel. I will not be traveling through them again!!! I bought my tickets using Expedia not knowing I had to pay additionally for everything else. Please do your research people.

Spirit Airlines is The Worst Airline Fleet Flying in the sky!!! The only thing they can do properly is Take off and Land!!! Their customer service is the worst I have ever seen. They lie to your face and smile! They owe everyone they have wronged restitution and to rid the world of this filth they should be grounded!! To start, getting someone on the phone to answer questions is nearly impossible. Then when someone finally picks up they are your typical sourced call center that follows protocol and dances around actually answering questions! They charge for check ins and carry ons (as a matter of fact they charge more for carry ons). Then their scales are rigged to record higher.

We weighed our bag that was 38 lbs and they told me it was 46. I weighed myself and it was off by 14 lbs more. I hope they get investigated for that alone but the worst part is their lack of caring. They have a piss-poor attitude and "We are never wrong" personality that deserves zero clientele. They had a few hundred angry customers that needed flights rescheduled and all they could offer was a discount coupon for a hotel. NO we paid good money for our tickets and deserve transportation!! In the meantime while you sort your garbage airline out the people need FOOD, the people need A WARM BED and the people need where they were wronged made right!!! There is Zero satisfaction!! GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK AND STOP SELLING AIRFARE!

I had to make a business trip to Baltimore and booked early with Travelocity. I had no idea what I was in for with this airline. I left Las Vegas on the red-eye around 11:40 pm and the seats in the plane did not even recline, no beverages were offered, but I slept fitfully for a few hours. Upon my return flight I arrived shortly before boarding because they changed the departure gate several times (from B to D terminal even). Then when I was preparing to board, the attendant told me I had to pay additional for my carry on. I explained that I hadn't paid for it TO BWI and asked to speak to a manager (I was flying with a purse sized bag and a small roll on which is always considered carry on in all my other travels). The attendant told me that the manager would tell me the same thing and that it must have been a mistake when I was not made to pay on my way there. I expressed my displeasure and told them I'd review their company appropriately with a few choice words.

Shortly before boarding after having paid the highway robbery fee of $65 for ONE BAG, I was told I would NOT be permitted to board the plane because of my "disruptive attitude" and had to book another airline (United) home, which cost me an additional $310. I would NEVER fly Spirit again and hope my review helps others avoid these unaccommodating fiends in the future. Their planes are terribly uncomfortable (no reclining seats???), seats so close you can't even reach past your knees. No fold down tables, I felt like I was in a cattle car.

First of all, if I could pick zero stars for this airline, I would. On November 2, 2016 I booked my son a round trip ticket for Christmas vacation through the Spirit website. My credit card was charged immediately. The dates I picked were December 17, 2016 to January 8, 2017. Purchased round trip seats and round trip luggage for an extra $82. We received a confirmation email booking his ticket for November 11, 2016 and returning November 25, 2016 with no seat reservation and no luggage reservation. When I called to find out why they changed his flight they tell me this is what I picked and charged me $75 to change the ticket to the date I originally booked and said I now needed to purchase his seats and luggage again which I have already paid for with the original purchase. I even told them the seats I picked 21A and 20B.

Of course now these seats are taken by someone else and now my son doesn't have an assigned seat and I have to pay an extra new seat assignment and luggage which is another $157 in total. So, for a ticket that cost me $176 including seats and luggage is now costing me $334. They cannot help that their computer system is faulty and apologize that it is a bug they are trying to work out and I need to pay the fee in order to get my son home for Christmas. Before hanging up with the lady, she wanted to transfer me to their automated terms and conditions system so that I could hear about the terms and conditions and to my surprise that computer system didn't work either!!! I WILL NEVER PURCHASE TICKETS FROM THIS AIRLINE AGAIN!!! MAD MOTHER!

Arrived at Orlando Airport to discover our flight home to New Jersey was canceled. Spirit provided one very rude agent to rebook an entire flight! Spirit did provide an overnight in a hotel that I wouldn't let my dog sleep in but then had to wait for another flight at 2 pm to Newark Airport. Our original flight departed from Atlantic City. These airports are over 100 miles from each other. Now I have to hire transportation to go past my home in Ocean County to Atlantic City airport to get my vehicle. Actually, my eyes were opened to the incompetence of this airline and it makes me wonder how these planes are maintained and operated. I will NEVER, NEVER, use this airline again. Shame on Spirit Airlines and their employees. If I performed my job like they do theirs, I would be fired immediately! I don't know how they sleep at night!!!

Booked trip on Oct 18th to Las Vegas for my birthday week on a one way Nov 16th from Ohara to Vegas for $88.09 including check bag. A week before my trip I look at my bank statement and noticed I booked the trip Oct 18 $88.09 but then was refunded the next day Oct 19 and refunded the full $88.09. But a week later Oct 30 my statement said "I" bought the same flight, same date but it was $96.09 with no checked bag.

This is my first time booking with them. I did the transaction adjacent from my friend who also purchased the same ticket... Somebody within the company cancelled my trip and fraudulently used my card A WEEK LATER! I initially had a problem with the whole deal but after dealing with customer service I said hey it's only 8 bucks difference but the unauthorized use of my card was still iffy... But I still had my booked flight... But once I noticed that now I have no checked bag it was obvious that these guys are crooks, bad business and I haven't taken my trip yet! Now I'm just hoping that nothing else happens and I can get on my flight and make it in one piece... I will be returning home on a different carrier. Fraud, Crooks, Scammers, Corporate Con Men.

It should be illegal - Too many hidden cost. This airline is the worst ever. They charge for the seats, bags, even to talk to a human. It should not be legal for them post such prices without informing the consumer of all the hidden cost.

Spirit charges 50 dollars per carry on bag. If you book through a 3rd party like Kayak this is not made apparent when booking. They charge you when you check-in or at the gate. For instance if you book a $300 flight on kayak from Seattle to LA you might yourself on one leg operated by a regular airline (no charges) then get hit with $100 dollars in fees for your two carry on items on the second leg that Spirit operates. Furthermore the whole airline experience feels unprofessional and dangerous. I've travelled on dozens of airlines and never had a problem. You find yourself wondering if they are so concerned with dubious pricing schemes are they skimping on safety as well? I would recommend staying far away from Spirit and checking any fine print.

As one who has flown many places with various companies, I have never encountered a company like Spirit Airlines lacking customer care, and jeopardizing their customers. It is UNREAL how much this company lacks customer care. I recently received an email stating a change had been made to my flight and customers were able to change flight without having to pay for fees.

In response to this change, I panicked and quickly changed my flight without realizing it would interfere with the wedding I was to attend. Once I realized this, I spoke with the manager at length and explained. I simply needed to have my flight changed back to the original reservation. There was nothing they would do. They would not switch my flight back even though they were the ones that switched my original flight. NO accommodations. I had to pay a large fee to switch my flight back to the original date. Even though, if it wasn't for the company making changes to my original flight I would have never changed my flight. I am in shock that even though it was Spirit Airlines' change to my flight, the customer was jeopardized with a fee to change the flight back to its original time.

When you search on Kayak it shows the cost of flights for different carriers, but there is no warning that when you purchase with Spirit that the cost of your flight does not include a seat or a checked bag or even a carry-on. They charge you $36 for a carry on and $31 for one checked bag, $72 for two. If you want an assigned seat it's $4 to $30 depending on where you want to sit. They even charge if you want to talk to an actual human being ($34) for "customer service". Since nothing is explained or clear you have to call.

We decided to cancel our flights, seats, and bags. The cancellation fee was $252. If you cancel any time beyond the first 24 hours after your purchase they say there is a cancellation fee and they make it sound like you will get your money back. That is not true. The language on their site is deceptive. There is a cancellation fee and you now have a credit for what you paid minus the fee AND you have to use the credit within 2 months.

Before I called I tried to use the site. I logged into the site and logged into my account and then entered my Confirmation Code and it said, "Hey there! We'll keep you posted about this trip, so double check your email and phone number below." It said that every time I logged in for two weeks while I was waiting for my Visa to be credited for us cancelling. I finally had to call their "customer service". I called and explained that all the language on their site indicated that there would be a cancellation fee but the language on the site also indicated I would get my money back. She said I got a credit. I said how would I know that? I didn't get any emails that said anything like that. She said I can see my credit when I book a new flight. But what did you send me or put on the site that would indicate that I was issued a credit?

Twice while I was asking a question she said, "I think I've answered all your questions and I don't want to take up any more of your valuable time. I appreciate your time and I hope you have a wonderful evening." Spirit Air customer service is obviously well trained in the kind blow off. It was really insulting to be told, "I don't want to take up any more of your time" and hang up on me when they've just said there is a cancellation fee and a credit we weren't really going to tell you about and you have 2 months to use it - have a nice day.

Lastly, Spirit Air has the smallest leg room of any flight carrier. They of course don't tell you that either. I looked into cancelling and just booking on Delta because of their dishonest business practices. I've flown all over the world. India, China, Africa, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, France, I have never felt cheated by an airline. I booked an expensive flight on Air France and several months later I had to cancel and got all my money back with no cancellation fee - refunded to my VISA that same day! I felt cheated again and again and again by Spirit to the point where I created a ConsumerAffairs account.

I bought a flight but now I have to buy a seat? And a carry on? And there's a cancellation fee and I have a credit, but nothing arrives via email or on the site to tell me I have credits? Then I have to use these credits in 2 months! And the Customer Service women says, "I don't want to take up any more of your valuable time" and hangs up on me? Horrible. What recourse do consumers have to stop these dishonest practices?

This company is the biggest joke I've ever seen. I would never recommend it and they're not on time and horrible customer service. You pay an extra 80 bucks to have good seats and then their own benefit then they just let whoever move into them. This Airline should not be allowed to operate in the United States. They're incompetent and most of their customer service agents don't even speak English. When you try to file a complaint they just put you on hold for a long time and then pretend like they can't hear you and hang up. I would like to have a response from this Airline as to why they're the laughing stock of airlines in the US.

They cancelled our flight on short notice (we only found at the front gate from an airport safety guard, there wasn't even a sign), and provided an alternative flight three days later. It cost us a fortune to book with another airplane company. The customer services were horrible. I called numerous times, sometimes over 1 hr on each call, and still couldn't get refund for over two months. You might thought you can save, but you'll end up costing a lot more than if you book with a regular airline company.

I was booking this (10-25-2016) afternoon at roughly 4:00 PM (EST). Went through the entire process until the 'Name Of Passengers' screen, it said that my 'INFANT' was marked as an adult. I scrolled up and the birthday was 100% correctly written at August 17th, 2016 and selected the lap seat. It even said "INFANT" above the fill in form. It would NOT let me continue with my booking at all. I attempted to type everything in again to verify that it was indeed correct, and tried again. I proceeded out to get my credit card to make sure I didn't have some information incorrect anywhere on my wife or child. Upon returning, it said “Session Timed Out”. It would NOT give me any option but to ‘restart’ my booking. I decided that maybe for the best since it was having such a problem with this birth date.

I literally was able to just click ‘continue’ from the homepage since the information was already entered correctly as it was last time. However, when I got to the next screen that listed the prices, YOU GUYS INTENTIONALLY INCREASED THE PRICE BY $20 / PER TICKET. It is very clear that my information was done correctly, and in an effort to scam me out of money, it wouldn’t let me continue and instead increased the price upon my return. The original pricing was $153.00 or thereabout (there might have been change associated with it). I didn’t care much at the time as I knew the pricing. I even had it written down on paper next to me to confirm as I was trying to decide on adding potential bags later.

I returned to the price increased to $173.00 a ticket. Clearly, I was upset but a reasonable person. I attempted calling your customer service line at (801) 401-2222 twice to see if any agents on there would be able to assist me. Of course, they gave the political answer of ‘sorry they can change at any time. Can we book you now?’ Feel free to check the recorded call lines if you wish. I’m sure you can find them. So I’m turning to this format in an effort to plead kindly to refund the $20.00 per ticket for the 3 passengers on this order at a minimum. Obviously anything additional for the time spent trying to rectify the situation and stress it has caused would not go unappreciated, but I'm a reasonable person who understands that it is hard to quantify.

I don’t think it is much to ask in the line of fairness and customer service considering I have all the facts that can be checked as well. I'd have no way of knowing all the details of what those screens said and the correct prior pricing any other way as well. I'm an honest man who cares very much about respect and honor. Just trying to get my wife and kid to see their parents and grandparents respectively.

This morning I added a carry on to my luggage for my flights to and from Las Vegas. The supervisor walked me through the steps and then I went about my business. Shortly after I get an email confirming that I canceled my flight. I called back in and got to a supervisor who then said after purchasing the luggage, I went back in to cancel. Why in the world would I buy luggage for a flight only to turn around and cancel it? There is nothing they can do for me. I was issued a $200.20 credit towards my flight of $326 and had to spend an additional $284 to get booked back on the same flights. The customer service reps I spoke to were not super helpful.

This is the first time I am flying Spirit and I am so disappointed right now. There should be a way to get a person back on a flight within a certain window of time. I called in as soon as I got the email and they pretty much said "sorry about the extra stress but there is nothing we can do". It just seems very unfair, especially since I did not cancel my flight. I do not know who went online and did or made it look like it was done online, but it wasn't me and now I am the one stuck paying for it, literally.

I flew Spirit from PHL to MCO for my honeymoon. When we went to print our boarding passes and pay for a checked bag before our flight, the website screwed up and gave us some indecipherable error, so we could do neither. This actually has happened to us before, so we figured we would let the airport employee handle it like last time. The agent directed me to a kiosk to print our passes and pay for our bag, but it charged us $50 instead of the $40 we would have been charged if their website had been working. I brought it to the agent's attention, and she said that they couldn't do anything there and that I would need to call customer service to get our refund/credit.

Fast forward a few days, and my wife called Spirit to get our refund/credit. The CS agent kept telling her over and over that she should have called customer service when the website screwed up, and that the prices at the airport are set and cannot be adjusted. She got so frustrated with the call that she handed the phone to me; I went through the same routine and finally asked to speak to a supervisor. It took over 10 minutes to get someone else on the line, and this person said that the Philadelphia employee should have attached some note to our travel records to indicate we should receive the refund but that the employee had not done that. So, she said, we would have to reach out to customer relations via the website and they would be able to help where customer service could not.

I reached out to customer relations and they gave me the same line about there not being a note attached to our records so they wouldn't do anything for us. So this has been one screw-up after another on Spirit's part. #1: They push people to use the website but the website breaks! Constantly! #2: Their Philly employee failed to make a note on our record. #3: The menus for their customer service line are confusing, and customer service is basically useless. On top of that, our flight to MCO was about half-full yet Spirit still somehow managed to assign two different pairs of people to the same seats.

On our return flight, we (and other passengers) had boarding passes that indicated we were at gate 32. But gate 32 said it was for a 7am flight to Atlanta, not the 7am to Philadelphia. Some (but not all) people had been told that the gate had been changed to 34, but 34 indicated it was for a 9:15am flight to Atlantic City. What was especially worrisome was that the flight to PHL was not listed at all on any of the kiosks! There were no Spirit employees in the terminal area until almost 6am, and even then they could only say that "for some reason" (their words) they couldn't update the information.

I'm most irritated over the $10. $10 extra that I should not have had to pay at all, and then I wasted my time trying to get Spirit to give me a refund or even a credit towards my return trip baggage fee. Their customer service and "customer relations" were both 100% useless. Needless to say I will never ever fly using Spirit Airlines in the future. I will pay extra to avoid them and I imagine I will have a much better travel experience at the same time.

I was travelling from Detroit to Atlantic City on September 2. This was my first visit to the US. I had to check in my baggage. There were a few people assisting in filling the forms at the computers installed for the purpose. I gave my Centrum Card for payment and it was announced that I had to pay a whopping $315 excess baggage. However, at that time the computer did not accept it is what I thought and one more lady assistance helped me to again check-in and I paid $110 for both my friend and my luggage. I was happy that I was saved paying $315 and as $55 is the baggage charges for one bag I thought I had paid it and promptly forgot about it.

But to my utter shock and dismay when I returned to India and checked my Centrum Card statement of accounts I find that the Spirit Airlines has collected $315 apart from an extra $110 which is nothing but fleecing the customers. It is also nothing but daylight robbery played on trusting unsuspecting passengers like us who come from far off places believing that everything that is good is in America. The flight no was NK341 and confirmation code ** in the name of **. I only hope in good "Spirit," the Spirit airlines will refund the $315 which they had taken deceiving a trusting gullible customer. Otherwise, I have to take legal recourse.

I had no problem flying from ATL to Las Vegas this week. I read the FAQ section of their website, I read reviews here and on several other sites (mostly bad), I reread all the rules and baggage information on their website. Then and only then did I book my flight. No problems whatsoever. All airlines get delayed sometimes. All airlines cancel flights sometimes. All airlines have issues come up that don't please everyone. That being said if you are an adult and you can read, why are there so many complaints out there for issues that are perfectly spelled out for you on their website? Both flights left a few minutes early, the flight going arrived early. The flight coming back arrived on time and the pilot told us before lift off that there were some weather issues over Texas so we would have to take a slightly different route to avoid any trouble and that could possibly make us a little late into Atlanta.

The pilot then came back on to inform us that traffic at Atlanta was very heavy so we were forced to slow our arrival down a bit. We still landed on time! I get that things don't always go as planned, but it can and does happen with every single airline out there. I felt like it was important for me to write this review because if you read the rules and follow them this airline is just like any other, at less than half of the cost.

I have been flying for years and I have never experienced anything like Spirit. I am supposed to be traveling to Mexico for a friend's wedding today and Spirit Airlines canceled my flight. I get they "have smaller planes" so they are doing it for my safety but they won't rebook us on another flight until Sunday even though they are not canceling their flights tomorrow or Saturday. I have flown with other airlines that cancel flights and they find a way to get you on another flight of theirs or they rebook you with another airlines within 24 hours but Spirit has NO options for me except give my money back or fly on Sunday... 4 days later! Oh and I am on my 3 over 1 hour wait time holding to get my money back because their customer service ALSO is the worst.

Spirit Air Company Profile