1.29/5

Spirit Air Reviews

Spirit Airlines is dedicated to bringing the lowest total price to every place we fly – on average much lower than other airlines. We offer our customers our Bare Fare®

pricing, allowing them to pay only for the options they want – things like bags, seat assignments and refreshments. With our Fit Fleet™, one of the youngest fleets of any major U.S. airline, we operate more than 460 daily flights to 65 destinations in the U.S., Latin America, and the Caribbean.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2298 Spirit Air Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 19, 2019

After trying many times to book with 5+ agents via phone call, I was not able to book a simple flight and neither were they. They said their computer system was down? This went on for THREE DAYS with still no satisfaction. Although they kept apologizing, they offered NO solution and NO extras for the inconvenience.

Original review: March 18, 2019

They suck and I hope they go out of business! Their customer service is terrible. There really is no customer service. They are rarely on time and their seats are uncomfortable and they nickel and dime you to death!

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 17, 2019

When my flight was canceled. I called Spirit to see what my options were but kept getting disconnected. My husband went online to book a different flight. When the confirmation came back the dates were wrong. I tried calling Spirit but kept getting disconnected. I was also getting charged cancellation fees. I went to Spirit in DIA. The ticket agent gave me a different flight that didn’t meet any of my preferences and charged me over twice the amount I originally paid for. She said anything else would cost over $400.00. Thinking I didn’t have a choice I took it.

Shortly leaving I had a feeling to check their availability. I found one that meet my needs and $100 cheaper. I was already driving home on bad roads and decided to call when I got to a stopping point. Could not get through until 1am the agent wanted to charge me an $152 on what I had already paid. I decided to call a manager. He would not help because I was out of the 24 hour period. I told him when I first got through it was 1am - not out of the 24 hour period. This did not matter.

All in all my flight that cost $116 turns to $352. I spent several hours on hold, I was stuck in Denver for two nights because of weather, I was lied to - taken advantage of, very bad customer service. I understand they cannot control weather and there are extra fees to change flights but when someone has already paid for a service but when a cyclone hits you should help people not take advantage of them. While at the airport I was standing next to Delta and they were taking care of all their customers making sure they got where they needed to go.

Original review: March 17, 2019

On March 17 my parent are going to travel from Baltimore to Miami in the morning and now the check in appeared the the fly separate of me on evening fly. They are handicap. My mom is deaf and she had two implants in her legs. She can’t walk and my dad had not have memory. The airline separate both parent from me and the airline and CheapOair together. They created the big problem to two old people who need assistant with special needs. We spoke to Rose in Spirit the agent number ** and she said that I have to paid $200 if I do not paid the airplane is sold out to change my special needs parent to my fly and then I spoke to the supervisor Jorge with #** and He said no more space in the airplane.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Purchase was easy and inexpensive! Check in was fast and painless! The flight itself was great and on time! The whole process was organized and the flight attendants were friendly and professional!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spirit Air?

Original review: March 16, 2019

The seating isn't as roomy as I would like, but much better than expected. All check-in and flight personnel were courteous and efficient. My flight was delayed, but we surprisingly arrived on time for my departure from Atlanta. There are minimal amenities, but for the price I was willing to compromise.

Original review: March 14, 2019

This airline is such a joke. I flew with them last month. My brother purchased the ticket for me unexpectedly. They charged $185 bucks for luggage. They charge more for a carry then it being put under the plane. Smh. Unreal. I will never fly with spirit ever again. Rude. Planes are old, everything costs money. Honestly I would rather purchase a more expensive ticket with a different airline than fly with you guys again.

Original review: March 10, 2019

Updated on 03/11/2019: I had to come back and write another review. My $150 luggage is completely damaged after tonight’s horrible experience with this flight. This by far the worst flying experience, a horrific night for me and my kids. They only refunded me $50 out of the $600 flight I paid. Mind you I paid $185 for luggage. One thing is for sure... I won’t be using Spirit Air nightmare flight! Don’t recommend this BS flight!!!

Original Review: This airline is the most horrible airline. I tried to check in early so I wouldn’t be rushing with my kids. I paid my baggage $85 to check myself in online and when I went to the baggage check in I was charged an additional $100 for overweight baggage. When I went to the gate told me I had missed the flight and I was there on time. Apparently they departed 1 hour earlier. We weren’t inform of the early departure. Mind you I was with my young kids. I had to wait 8 hours for the next flight with my 2 kids. Horrible experience ever and I’m done with this flight. I WILL NEVER FLY WITH SPIRIT!!! Do yourself a favor and don’t use this flight.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Customer service lady tells customers, "We are like talking to air." ** you Spirit airlines and your crappy help. The Better Business Bureau should shut Spirit or like I like to call them Spit On You Airlines. Scammers, do not buy a ticket from these **.

Original review: March 7, 2019

They provide good transportation at a low cost to your destination. This means no frills and you will pay for everything that is not your personal transportation. Once you understand that you can travel just about anywhere pretty cheap.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Only pay for what you need. You don't have to pay for bags, food, bigger seats or drinks unless you choose too. You can also purchase tickets for 20% cheaper at the airport to save more money. Plenty of flights for under 100.00.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Paid for a ticket with my Belgian Malinois service dog. The configuration of the plane showed plenty of room for him. Called disability customer support to confirm this and the woman who wanted me off the phone as soon as possible said it had 20" from the end of the seat to the next seat in front of me. Ok that seems reasonable. Confirmed this 3 times and asked if it's advisable for me to purchase a first class seat. She said, "No. This seat will have the same room as an emergency exit row."

When we boarded the plane nothing could be further from the truth. My dog had about 8 inches between the end of my seat and had to worm his way under the seat. He's highly trained and did very well but this should've never happened. Called customer support. They outsource to the Philippines and Guatemala. Nothing here in the states. These people sit in call centers and have no real connection to this airline. They read from scripts and can't make any executive decisions. There's a massive disconnect on this airline. Customer service never did resolve my flight back and sent me automated messages via Facebook.

Sat on hold next day waiting for a live human and they were clueless about my issue and had no desire to resolve it. Same circles of reading from scripts and telling me I have the "best" care. What? As happy and la la as their marketing is - don't believe it. The top genuinely could give a rat's ** about your experience. The flight back was even worse. Took me 2 days to recover from this disaster. My dog was exhausted from this near 5 hour flight.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I purchased their flight insurance because my dad was sick and my wife and I might have to change our flights. “BIG MISTAKE.” You have to get information that is beyond what you are able to get from some else’s doctor. Huge ripoff. Will never fly with them again. “BIG JOKE.”

Original review: March 3, 2019

Let me also begin this review by stating that I am fully responsible for missing my initial flight on a round trip ticket that I purchased through Spirit Airlines. This ticket was set for Feb 28 departure date and a return date of March 4th from Dallas to Jacksonville. Because I missed the initial flight I purchased a one way ticket to Jacksonville with the assumption that my return flight ticket back to Dallas was good. I just found out tonight (March 2) that Spirit voided my return flight because I missed my initial flight.

After calling the manager for verification I was told that in the future, I was to call Spirit within one hour before departure time in order to request that my return flight ticket be "saved" from being voided. I was then told that even if I was to submit such a request, that my ticket may STILL be voided. Needless to say that this poor quality of service by this company as a whole is appalling that they can void tickets without paying a refund for the ticket that hasn't even been used yet. Will definitely not use this airline and will definitely advise others not to use this.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Simply booked a round trip flight from Dallas To LA for two, I noticed somehow I was not seated on my returning flight so I called customer service to ensure that I would have a seat in which the representative of Spirit Aced my request as well as completely changing the flight date from March 29- April 1 to March 1 - April 1. My partner and I did not request to change the dates nor did we change it on our end. We missed out on our trip due to the fact that our reservation was cancelled and we cannot be refunded for a flight that we did not take. Definitely won't be booking with Spirit again because this is actually the second time we have been let down by this carrier.

Original review: March 2, 2019

As a U.S. Military Veteran, I am ultimately disgusted by the way Spirit handle my situation and I am willing to go to the press and my congressman. First, I will start by taking fault on being late to the first flight (Conf # **) on February 20, 2019. I had to purchase another ticket to get to Bogota, Colombia for the next day 2/21/19 (Conf # **). I got there on 2/21/19 at 2:05 PM. The real issue begins on my return, I get to the airport on 2/25/19 (Conf # **) to leave Bogota at 3:15 PM and arrive at Fort Lauderdale at 7:10 PM, so I can make the connecting flight to BWI leaving at 8:35 PM. I get to the airport in Bogota, Colombia on 2/25/19 at 12:15 PM to a ticket agent stating that the flight I paid for was not in the system. I went to the customer service rep in the back and she stated the same thing. So I had to purchase another ticket for $417.47 ( Conf # **)to get on the same flight that I already purchased.

I get on the flight and the plane landed at 7:45 PM at Fort Lauderdale, thus making me miss my connecting flight that I had just paid an additional 400.00 to make. I went to the ticket agent very frustrated about the whole ordeal to be hit with another flight leaving on 2/26/19 at 8:35 PM. I decided to go with a standby ticket to get back to BWI as soon as possible. I asked to be put up in a hotel, since this was not my fault. I was told that Spirit Airlines does not honor that request regardless of the situation. So I had to sleep in the airport until 6 AM on 2/26/19.

I made the flight as a standby back to BWI on Tuesday 2/2619 at 10:00 AM. I believe I am entitled to a refund whether it is the original ticket or the additional ticket that was purchased and still fail to get me home on time thus making me miss work on 2/26/19. This was absolutely horrible and I cannot believe that I bought 2 tickets going and returning for one person. The customer service rep stated that there is nothing that they can do about the whole ordeal.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Little did I know Spirit will ruin my anniversary trip… Avoid this at any cost… Stranded at the airport for 60 Hours due to this… For $50-100, don’t ruin your trip… I have traveled 3-4 times with Spirit and it was going very well for me. All previous flights were on time and I was reaching the destination on time. But little did I know this horrible experience is stored for me.

My LAS-EWR flight NK 760 was on 10:45 PM PST (20-Feb-19). We checked in and did security check-in well before time and sit at Gate 25. Suddenly there was so much noise and everybody was rushing. What happened? Got to know few Spirit flight got canceled. They were giving different reasons to diff passengers. I was scared and praying to god, don’t cancel our flight. Did he listen to my prayer? Because Spirit said, due to weather, they are delaying the flight by 12 hours? It was hardly any snow in Vegas, come on, we belong to the east coast, this was nothing. And for a 1/4th inch of snow, the flight should be equipped and prepared but no. Still, better than cancellation.

Our checked in bag was on carousel #10. We collected our bag and found a spot for 2-3 hours’ sleep. I woke up 3 in the night (who gets sound sleep on the airport), was checking social media and checked my email. Bang, there was cancellation notification of my flight. We ran to the Spirit counter and asked why they did not send a message. Who checks email? They were least bothered about the cancellation and in plain tone “sir whether take a refund or next available seat is on 2 days later flight”. Next day rebooking was all full. I made a scene, shouted on them. We said we both will miss our work. After 30-40 Minutes, Lady names ‘Love’ came to us and handover the boarding pass for the next day (21-Feb) same flight. The sense of relief, even we were late, we got the seats in the next available flight. We asked whether you guys will provide hotel accommodation or Meal Voucher? They said “No, it's not their policy to provide these”

We somehow managed the next 20 hours. In these 20 hours, we got to know, Southwest canceled their 90% flight operating from Vegas and Spirit canceled 80% flight. And the reason was not clear to anyone. No news on social media, nothing. Again same process, check-in, security and we were at gate-25 at 8 PM PST. This time we saw Spirit flight we're flying. Glad they were operating. Our boarding had started, we were in the queue, they scanned boarding pass and when we were about to enter the plane, their employee came running to us, said “we need to de-board the flight. The window has been frozen and the crew will clean that”.

Half of the passengers had already settled in the plane. No problem, we came out in the sitting area and there was so much speculation of what’s going on. But no, God had some other plan. I saw pilots were coming out of the plane a few moments later and he said, they don’t have deicer and plane will not fly. And at their counter, Spirit assistants saying, it’s just 30-40 minutes delay. After 30 minutes, they canceled it. So IT WAS 2 FLIGHT IN A ROW. We ran to their main counter. It was all chaos. 2 hours in the line. This time they were giving one voucher for a discount on Hotel booking (mind it, it was not Hotel accommodation) and guess what, it was not even working. For some, it worked but it was over $100 for one night. Am I joke to you Spirit?

After reaching the counter, their reply was the same, either take a refund or take the next flight which is 3 days later. We were missing our work, this time we asked for the refund. The return trip was $508 but they refunded only $160. Who knows the calculation? I did not want to fight, so I took refund the left the counter. Now how to reach NJ. Many like us exploring options on how to reach their destination. Finally, we booked a flight in American airlines. Bus to Los Angeles, then flight to Phoenix, Phoenix to Chicago and then Chicago to Newark. Simple 4.5 Journey changed into 18 Hours journey. All bus was booked to LA, we again spent next (2 AM PST- 4 PM PST) 14 hours on the airport and took evening bus to LA.

When I was in UBER ride for the bus station, their driver told me that his brother works for Spirit and all the groundsman and mechanics were on strike. And they were giving BS reason to passengers. Then I realized, all Spirit flight operating from Vegas was canceled and others who had just layover in Vegas was flying. SOB Spirit lied to us.

I won’t say other airlines are always good and they don’t face cancellation issue. I would have been okay if after 24 Hrs, got the chance to fly but they kept lying about their issues (Strike). Simple deicer issues and plane is not equipped? 1/4th-inch snow and you’ll not fly. Then no flight should be operated from Chicago or East coast in winter. They did not have the courtesy to talk with passengers. They were blunt “either take a refund or take flight 4-5 days later.

The supervisor there was more concerned about the employees not being able to talk to the customers as they finishing their shift. But no thoughts for us who were stuck there for more than 24 hours. Who wants to stay at the airport? I was stuck there. This fiasco made this trip the most horrible one of our life. We were emotionally and physically distressed, all thanks to Spirit. It was a mental trauma going through all these in such cold weather. I don’t think we will ever travel via Spirit.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Time to share my Spirit horror story: My wife and I were scheduled to take flight 612 at 1:15 AM from Las Vegas to Minneapolis on Monday, February 25th, 2019. Spirit cancelled their flight on us due to what we later learned was "staffing problems". We arrived at the airport at 11:15 PM, but there was a long line due to the cancellation. As we waited in the Agent Assist line, we started overhearing the agents telling the other cancelled travelers that they would need to be held up in a hotel and take another flight Tuesday morning at 1:15 AM, 24 hours from then.

My wife and I run a set of in-home daycares with 20+ kids and we also have two young children (1 and 4) who were being babysat by their grandma who also needed to work that morning. If we stayed in a hotel that night, we would have needed to close the daycares, forcing all the parents of our kids to stay home and us losing out the income for that day ($1000 worth), not to mention forcing my mother to miss out on her work and babysit the kids another day. Staying in a hotel was NOT an option for us.

As the time dwindled down and the Spirit line moving at a snail's pace, I knew I had to do something, so I quickly checked any other flights leaving soon to Minneapolis and found a 12:35 AM Delta flight. It was 11:45 PM, so I ran over to the Delta kiosk and they said I had 4 minutes to book this flight. It cost us $1,516.00 to book a ONE-WAY flight for the both of us, but having no other option we had to book the tickets. We arrived at the gate with minutes left available to board and sat in separate seats. After talking to some other passengers, we learned that they had also come from the cancelled Spirit flight, but the Spirit's agents had paid for their entire Delta airfare.

Later that day, I called Spirit's customer service line and spoke with two different reps who offered to refund the original cost of the return flight ($315) and a $50 per person voucher for future Spirit flights, considerably less than the $1,516 I paid for Delta. I tried to explain to them that Spirit bought and paid for the other traveler's tickets so why do I need to get stuck with Delta's bill over their cancellation, but the reps stuck to their script.

I then drove 45 minutes to the airport to speak to someone face to face. The Spirit agents at the MSP airport said that it was "my decision" to purchase the Delta tickets and that I should have waited for Agent Assist. Waiting in line was NOT an option, we bought the Delta tickets with 4 MINUTES left available to do so. If we would have waited in line, we would have missed the flight. Again, the Spirit agents eventually stuck to their script and refused to refund me the cost of the Delta tickets, all due to their incompetent crew not showing up causing the cancellation of their flight.

If we had stayed in a hotel that morning and a parent of our daycare had no other choice to pay 7 TIMES what daycare would have cost them to keep them at our daycare, we would have reimbursed them for their trouble because that is the RIGHT THING TO DO, regardless of what our policies state, regardless of the law or regulations, if you cancel a flight then you owe it to the travelers, YOUR CUSTOMERS, to do everything possible to make it up to them. This very important value is what Spirit lacks, and that is why they have now FOREVER lost my wife's and my business.

I am out TWELVE HUNDRED DOLLARS and it is Spirit's fault, but they refuse to take responsibility for what is clearly theirs to own. Perhaps if they would have done so we would have continued to fly Spirit, but not anymore, not ever and from this day on if anyone wants to book Spirit I will tell them to avoid them like the plague. We never listened to the Spirit horror stories of others, but obviously we should have. Lesson is, if you are thinking of booking Spirit to save money, you'll end up paying more in the long run, like I did.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

1:06 am I called airline regarding an email that stated flight was delayed to 5:30. Response was crew was ill. I arrived early but almost missed flight because another email was sent moving flight back to 5:09. Flight was boarded but delayed because pilot was still running late. Arrived just after 7 am and crew and pilot announced that flights were being held that were the connecting flights. We ran to gate E8 and when we arrived at 7:20 am they were just closing the door and wouldn't allow us to board even though the crew said they would wait. The desk attendant told us she could get us on a flight out of Orlando and that if we didn't run to gate G8 we would miss that one too.

We ran back to gate G8 and they were still boarding but said we weren't on the manifest. We were told to go to customer service to be added. We did so and they said corporate already moved us out on a 4:35 pm flight. We were told that if we wanted something sooner we needed to exit the terminal and go to the ticket desk. I spoke with Karen ** and she said there was nothing she could do, that this was the soonest flight available. I explained to her all the issues with her staff and the lies that were laid upon us. In all my years of flying I have never experienced such chaos. This is unacceptable management. There was no reason that the gate door couldn't have been opened to let us last 6 passengers on board unless your airline overbooked it. Not only are we now 10 hrs behind schedule now but the arrangements that have to be made are expensive and time-consuming. I believe that your customer service is in need of some serious modifications.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I am a frequent flyer and took Spirit Airlines. I am a 69 yrs old lady with disabilities. I flew from LGA to PTY and this Spirit Airlines cancelled my fly due to the weather. I re-book my fly and from LGA to MIA, was ok, my connection was cancelled twice and not only I was at the MIA airport overnight, where they didn't offer food, hotel or any accommodation my wheelchair never show up at the connection itinerary. It is an awful customer service airlines, nasty people taking care of customer. They need to stop providing service in America, or the American people!!!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

In the last month I have flown Spirit for a couple of trips, once for pleasure, and once for a family emergency, but nonetheless, to the same place. Every time I flew this route, it never failed, One or more of my flights was delayed. I even bought the travelers insurance one time and this was worthless. Sure, Spirit apologized every time, but that was all, and I understand things happen. However, when I go to their ticket counter with my luggage to check in and this one time, my luggage is 3lbs overweight, and I explain to the lady at the ticket counter how sorry I am that I can’t even take out 3lbs because I locked the key inside to my TSA lock, she said it would be an extra $30. There was no mercy, no compassion, no mercy. Doesn’t she believe that if I really could take out 3lbs I really would? The other thing is their website wouldn’t allow me to purchase my bag ahead of time. I contacted their technical support team and they were working on the problem.

Unfortunately, not fast enough. I showed the agents at the airport and it didn’t matter, I still had to pay the “airport price” for my bag vs the cheaper online price when it was a system error on their end. I had notified them of this problem 24 hours ahead of time. I guess in the world of Spirit Airlines, they are allowed to say “I’m Sorry,” to the customer and that’s Ok, but when it comes to the customer, no remorse, nor empathy, patience, or understand.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

My flight was cancelled and the "earliest" flight available was assigned to me. Yet the earliest flight was double the cost of my original flight and was not offered to me. I made the grave mistake of accepting a refund which allows them to avoid offering me a reasonable explanation as to why I was lied to. Before I accepted the refund I found a flight with Spirit on my phone yet they ignored my suggested and resumed to say that flight was no longer available. I took my refund and left the airport.

When I got home I called Spirit to see if we could arrange some type of option for this inconvenience. Bottom line when I called they just kept reminding me that since I had received a refund they couldn't do anything for me. I understand the situation but that doesn’t make Spirit an honest airline. I regret to say that I have lost quite a bit of money due to this inconvenience. Please make sure you really want to flight with Spirit. Btw if anyone want to confirm what I'm stating please search for flight 1223 from FT. Lauderdale to Denver, Co.

Resolution response: Feb. 20, 2019

Spirit Customer Service Number **. I called this Number and get good Service and Support. But once I had called some other Number and got Scammed by them. I would you like to aware all Spirit Air users Don't Call any other Spirit Support. So, please be Safe and secure.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I checked this: Which terminal is Spirit Airlines at LAX? Terminal 3. Los Angeles International Airport Terminal 3 serves Alaska Air, Horizon Air, JetBlue, Spirit Airlines, Virgin America and Virgin Australia. It contains entryways 30-39. I was dropped at terminal 3, however I discovered Spirit aircrafts was at terminal 5. I ran and ran yet I was 5 minutes late. The following Spirit Airline to Oakland was following 24 hours and just a single ticket was accessible with $99.00. I purchased the round outing ticket, so reluctantly I got it. Afterward, I discovered Southwest aircraft was opening couple of times around the same time.

What's more, It was hard to get discount back $99.00. The staff was so obtuse, however the administrator helped cash back. I think Spirit Airline should give me kudos for my missed one way trip. What's more, they should fix the site data effectively. When I read individuals' sentiments for Spirit, I can not anticipate it, however I share my awkward inclination toward Spirit. I like your aircraft name, however.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

This happened to me at least 4 ** times. I book a weekend round trip flight. Go out to my destination. Try to check in to come back. Flight is booked for a different date. So I gotta pay 300-400 in difference to go back when I needed to on same day. I'm being told it's a computer glitch that changes the dates usually a different month but on same day. I pay attention when I book the flight. There is no ** way I make the same mistake 4 times. Boycott Spirit Airline.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I had the most awful experience. My friend and I decided to visit friends in Florida. We got to the airport very early, to check in. We wanted to sit together. They wanted to charge us $80. We declined then they charged me $2.90 so I could get a report on my phone about flight delays. We went through security, looked at the reader board, noticed flight is delayed. We would not make our connection from Vegas to Florida. We went back to front desk. They told us that we needed to go back to the terminal. Someone would help us.

When no one showed, and our flight was delayed even longer, we went back to the front desk. At this time we waited for a supervisor. She finally helped us get on another flight with a different airlines. In the meantime my phone is still giving me updates on when the original flight. That flight was 6 hours delay. We will never fly Spirit airline. Also on our new flight we had to pay an additional $50 for our carry on. Even though we pay Spirit airline $50 FOR the same service.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Flight yesterday 2/12 from Phoenix to Minnesota was delayed 3x due to snow in Minnesota. I get it, weather happens. Boarded the plane at 5:15, sat there for ½ hour and they said, "Sorry everyone, the air staff have been on duty for 16 hours so now we have to cancel the flight." 200+ people running to the Spirit desk for refunds or reschedule flights. So, if they knew they were over their times, why didn't they just cancel the flight to begin with? While I did get a refund it was also $66 more to fly on another airline. When I made a complaint/comment about this debacle they sent me a $100 travel voucher good until 4/15/19, which won't do me any good because first I won't be traveling in the next 60 day, and the stress to get a refund and find another flight was horrible not only to me but to 200 others.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I was traveling in Spirit Airways on February 2 2019 from Newark, NJ to LAX. Carry on bag was charged with $65 and the airport staff did not give a proper response for this. When I booked a ticket, there were no disclosure about any charge for carry on. Cheap airline. Disgusting experience.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I was travelling in Spirit airways on 27 Jan 19 from ATL to LAX. Carry on bag was charged with $65 and the airport staff did not give a proper response for this. Requested customer care to refund and they are not responding at all. Flight was not cleaned properly and some of the previous traveler has sticked the gum (chewing gum) on the tray table where I was not able to use the table at all.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Do not ever go on Spirit because they are the worst airline in the business. I bought a ticket two days ago and they took all my money and did not want to even refund and the little amount that I had left instead they wanted to give me a credit for which I'm never going to go on. They are the worst because they never come on time and they always leave you stranded. If you know what's best for you don't waste your money.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I flew Spirit Airline from New Orleans to Seattle with a layover in Las Vegas. First our flight was delayed for over an hour due to the lavatories valve being frozen shut and we were all told we weren't making our connecting flights. There was also an issue with the fueling of the aircraft and the wings not being balanced. Then after sitting in a hot cabin for that length of time and missing connecting flights the airline didn't even comp us water or accept cash for it. I will never fly them again. It's ridiculous.

Spirit Air Company Information