Spirit Air

Spirit Air Reviews

2.1/5 (230 ratings)

About Spirit Air Reviews

Spirit Airlines is dedicated to bringing the lowest total price to every place we fly – on average much lower than other airlines. We offer our customers our Bare Fare®

Spirit Air Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spirit Air?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spirit Air?

Original review: May 5, 2021

I am scared of flying. I always have been, but every flight that I’ve taken was Spirit. The stewardess have been amazing. My last flight from Orlando to Latrobe yesterday morning.... The stewardess Shelly went out of her way to check on me multiple times and even sat next to me a few times and talked to me to reassure me everything was going to be alright. I can’t thank her and the rest of the crew enough for their kindness and patience with me with flying. Every flight I have been on with Spirit the stewardess have always checked on me and asked how I was doing during the flight. The kind words and reassurance is greatly appreciated!

Original review: April 1, 2021

Well I had the time of my life. I was so scared to go up in the air. The airline made me feel so safe and made me feel so happy that I forgot I was even on a plane ✈️ going up and then I felt the pull up and was about to coriander then I slept.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I believe this is a great airline! I’ve always have a great experience, whether it be a domestic or international flight. The staff is always friendly and helpful! The only thing I do have to say negatively is, that they seem to change flight times, sometimes frequently, after booking your flight online. I also did notice that the baggage fees went up from last time I flew with them, but it was still a great experience, especially since the flights were actually shorter than expected... which is always nice!

Original review: March 22, 2021

No frills, reliable and comfortable trips at an affordable price. Usually on time and give regular updates by email and text. The app also gets confirmation even without logging in. These days plenty of room for personal and carry on bags as middle seat is left vacant.

Original review: March 18, 2021

The staff were courteous and professional. The pilot was very funny and made the trip lively. This was my first flying since the pandemic so I was nervous. The downside was that it was a full flight but everyone had their mask on.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

My rating comes from the Guatemala Airport with Spirit Airlines Manager. I give it a 1 for the manager being the worst to represent spirit. I had a Priority ticket and when they called the other zones. I thought perhaps I missed the call so went to the Gate agent in which this was the General Manager. I notified him having a Zone 1 Ticket if allowed priority boarding. He asked to go towards the end of the line. Basically he did not want to honor the ticket.

I followed a complaint on him and can say that the Manager at this airport changed the story as the occurrence at the airport. Therefore my rating will be a 0 for Spirit Airlines at Guatemala International Airport. Stay away from them. You even make any complaint and he won't want to hear and call security to escort you. That is what he did with me simply for taking a picture.

If you have issues I recommend take VIDEO before you say any other word for something you may not like with the employee. Why? Because from experience they will change their story from what really happened. This is what General Manager did with Spirit at that airport. He will refuse to being recorded and if you don't he will call security to get you removed. The Video recording will be your defense against employee acting in a wrong way. Otherwise it's your word vs their word. IF you file complaint they will believe their story. They will use their ultimate power to escort you for anything they disagree with. Go with alternate airline. This one

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

These people cancelled my flight 1967 literally hours before, not even 12 hours. They ruined my new years eve. I won't be able to see my parents. I took off work, request vacation, my wife had to switch with someone to get off, all of that wasted over the incompetence of Spirit. To add insult to the injury they put me in another flight without my consent, nooooo, give me my Money back!!! I hate you!!!! I will never again use Spirit Airlines, I rather walk barefoot to my destination.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

Spirit lost my luggage. I never got it back. I called every day and was promised return calls but never got any return calls. I do not plan on flying with them again, and their claims process has been very difficult.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

When we arrived at Burbank Airport Spirit Airlines had 2 Chinese attendants who started off saying, "You too late to get on." We still had 55 mins till plane took off. They said, "No you can't get on plane. Go to another airline." They kept my Money. Refused another flight.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

VERY uncomfortable! No communication. Our gate was changed 4 times in 45 min! We left over an hour late and no one bothered to communicate the new times. Finally get on the plane to just sit there and not move will still no communication! I will NEVER fly this airline again!

Spirit Air Company Information