Spirit Air

Compare Airlines

Research top Airlines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This airline's "$9 a year" fare club is a total scam. You will be rebilled $70 each year, and cancelling is almost impossible. To date we have NEVER FLOWN WITH THIS AIRLINE. We bought one ticket, joined their "$9 a year Spirit Club," never used the ticket that we bought. And a year later they billed us $70 for a "membership," and refuse to refund our money. This is a disreputable business practice not to mention a total scam. Spirit's website is impossible to navigate. Their telephone line is voice mail hell, it keeps taking you back to non-responsive "selections," we have never reached a live agent, and according to customers who did, the agents are non-English speaking and intentionally(?) uninformed and uncooperative. Read yelp for more horror stories about cancelled flights, missed connections, and miserable ground and air staff. The FAA/DOT needs to ground this airline.

In January, I found out that I was unable to fly to Florida. The airline's website was not working. I tried for over 4 hours to cancel this reservation. Finally, I called the airline to see if they could help me. They explained that because of the hurricane in Florida, the website was being barraged with stranded people that were trying to rebook their flights. She assured me that she would cancel my reservation at her end and I would still get the $119.95 that came up as a refund on their website. After I didn't receive the refund credit as I was promised, I contacted "customer service" (what a joke) and was told I did not receive a refund because the reservation was not canceled. I tried on numerous occasions to change their refund policy to no avail!

This airline is the worse in the industry. I flew from DR to FLL and connecting to BWI airport. When the flight was cancelled, the night supervisor Mr ** was very rude to some angry passenger but also very rude to some nice passenger like me who understand the situation in the airline industry because I worked for American Airlines and United Airlines for almost 20 years. He didn't collaborated with the passengers. He didn't answer question other than turning his back and walk away from the passengers.

The flight I was supposed to be on was the last flight coming to BWI. When I asked him if they provided voucher for hotels or they have hotel discounts he just said, "No we don't. It’s all on you", turn his back on me. Then after half an hour I asked him if I can get my refund. He told me I have to call customer service. When I get to my city I called customer service. After several tries to get to a customer service operator and been waiting on the phone for almost one hour every time I called I finally reached somebody just to tell me they need to do full report and they will get back to me. Well that never happened. Today I call them again one month later and the operator said in the next seven days they will refund me the money.

First time I flew only one segment with this airline and I will never do it again and I don't recommended to anybody. It’s a cheap airline and that's what you get. Forgot to mention that I was sick and in pain. I explain that to him and he not even care. All the ticket counter employee they were lost and didn't know what to do to the point that a couple of them they were arguing in front of the passengers. TERRIBLE TICKET COUNTER AGENTS, WORSE WAS THE SUPERVISOR.

My original flight - 922, from Myrtle beach to LaGuardia on May first, 2017 was delayed 4 times and then cancelled. Then I got another flight that was delayed 8 times. I expend two days in the airport trying to get home. I hope this company close its doors and get out of business. They have no respect or consideration. On top of all this they lie to us saying the reason from the delays was the weather in NY. My husband was in NY waiting for me and told me the weather was beautiful there. They charge you for anything and everything. You may pay less for your ticket but it will cost much more than you think. I urge all friends and family to never get in this company. If I knew I would never fly with Spirit airlines.

This was awful! I got to the airport almost 2 hours early for my flight from O'hare (Chicago) to Baltimore (Washington DC). I would have been even earlier, but traffic as you might know was terrible. You never know, but regardless was still there in plenty of time. I had no bags and had checked in online early in the morning (around 2 am--- 7 hours before flight).

However I get to the airport and wait at the security checkpoint, get to the security guard to scan my boarding pass, but it was for the WRONG airport! He tried it 3 times and I said I was try to get in my email and get it. Still nothing worked. So frustrated I went to the Spirit Counter after as fast as I could (I'm pregnant and have been sick for years with Lyme Disease- thus the reason for my flight to DC for my doctor's appointment). They however were being petty and taking their sweet time... they wound up only refunding me for the returning flight. I was not happy, told them that and she said that's all they can do. I had her give me the # to call when I got home because I was going to try to fly with another airline to try to make my appointment. However, no luck.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spirit Air?

Flight from Las Vegas to Myrtle Beach with a transfer in Chicago. Flight was delayed 1 hour causing us to miss second flight. Had to stay in Chicago overnight. Next flight was to leave Chicago at 7 am for Myrtle Beach. Delayed 4 hours because the crew didn't show up. Second day of vacation ruined!! Screw you Spirit!!!

The fares are substantially more than advertised. You have to pay for each bag regardless of whether you check in or carry on. They say that you are going to save money by signing up for the $9 fare club and state that you will see the discount ($106) when you check out. They show the discount the entire time right by the fare throughout the booking process. I was hesitant but after reading that I would see the discount after booked, I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Mistake. The cost did not change and I was charged the full amount. I called to see what the deal was and spoke to someone who couldn't hardly speak English. The representative said that the $106 is what I would have paid if I wouldn't have signed up for the $9 fare club ($59).

I have travel for many years on various airlines in my military experience as well as my civilian experience. Spirit Airlines is one of the worst airlines I have ever experienced. First they have no office and no representatives available except for stated hours. If you contact the telephone number the live representative reroutes you back into an automated system. It is almost like chasing your tail in a circle, they provided me a phone number for lost baggage and the number they provided was to some home sales and I felt as if I was supposed to purchase something but I was unable to speak to a live representative because I called after hours. When calling back I finally get a live representative that still cannot answer my questions in reference to lost baggage and provided me with a phone number to an airport in the city my luggage was in which routed me right back to their automated system that kept returning me to an automated line or hung up on me.

American Airlines was right next to the booth in which Spirit used to take baggage and check passengers in, the representatives there complained that Spirit's representatives show up late for duty forcing the airport to page them to come to their counters. The airline tickets may be cheap but they charge $10 to print your ticket. A ridiculous amount of money for your baggage carry-on. The food on the menu looks like it comes from the local dollar store with inflated prices. The plane I was on had not even been cleaned and on the floor were empty cans of chips and trash, the seats were very thin, leg space was ridiculous. The seats wouldn't even recline. I am shocked that this airline is still in business. I truly believe it is only a matter of time that this airline will go out of business. The quality of professionalism and excellence is zero. I will never fly with this airline again.

3 days someone used my credit card to purchase a flight on Spirit Airlines. The charge went through and after contacting my bank I was advised to contact Sprit Airlines to obtain the name and any information regarding who the individual was. The airline including manager Brenna ice number ** refused to give me the telephone number for the frats dept and any details of the transaction which my card was used for: No name info, no flight dates or details of from when and to where. Absolutely no info and they claimed that it was B of A's responsibility to investigate, as far as they were concerned if the charge went through it was not their problem!!! Keep away from this airline they look after number 1: THEM!!!

I wish I had read the other reviews before trying this airline. It happened to have the best flight times for my quick in and out weekend. Now I am truly concerned after reading others' nightmares. I am off to a bad start. I made my reservation weeks ago. I get a phone call tonight that my seats had been changed. I called - waited on hold for 15 minutes to speak with someone who was pleasant but difficult to understand her accent. She never gave me a chance to explain my concerns. Finally, I told her that I had chosen the seat and paid the extra money for it and now I have been changed to a different seat with a wall in front of me. I was told it was because they needed my seat for a handicapped person. Looking at the seating - there were plenty of other big and wide seats available... Just not in a block of 6.

I expressed my dissatisfaction and was transferred to her supervisor. She had an entirely different story. She talked over me and did not allow me to explain why I needed to sit in the seat I had chosen. Since she would not let me speak I just started to say that I was uncomfortable sitting with a wall in front of me. It was my mantra. She never stopped talking. I then said that I would never fly this airline again and I was sorry she worked for such a poor company. She never stopped talking!!! Must be what they were trained to do. Now I am concerned that I won't even get to where I need to go - I have tickets for an event that evening... Doesn't look good!

Spirit Airlines nickles and dimes you to dissatisfaction. Their base rate does not include a carry on. That is pure deception. As you go through the check in process, it is not unlike dealing with a used car salesman, everything is extra. They're probably going to fight me on a 24" ukulele being too long. Might have to ditch the case in the airport. I noticed the carry-on thing after I completed Checking In and when printing my ticket. I called into halfway across the world to someone who had to un-check me in. I asked about cost -- $45 for a carry on. She said, that if I go online there is an opportunity for a discount on it. Yeah, if you become a fare club member for $55. Pure deception again. Oddly, on their website, they sure do like to throw the word "Free" around a lot. There is nothing free if you travel by air, especially with Spirit.

Over an hour to check bags? This will guarantee you are late for your flight. $3 for water? $30 for a carry-on? More for checked bags? If they make a mistake and you miss your flight they give you a FREE VOUCHER! But if you try to use it, suddenly the government fees will go up by over 50% so instead of $32, which is what the online booking says the government fees are, you pay $88, or you don't travel. This company is a JOKE. Cheaper flights? Only if you have a purse, don't need a drink in flight and show up 3 hours early. Save yourself some trouble and go ANY OTHER AIRLINE.

3rd time flying. Disaster. For X'mas they canceled our flight with no options till the next week. Really we were leaving the country??? Flew another airlines. Forced to fly back then the same thing happened. Only they left us in Fort Lauderdale. We were 2 days awake in the airport. And this time. 12 hours later and I get home finally and you lose my luggage. Not to mention you treated a non-speaking English person like crap. Gave him a flight 2 days later without any accommodations. How do I know? I spoke for him. Y'all didn't even offer him a translator. Another lady couldn't get out in a flight. She was burying her father. Another lady had a child that could die because his equipment was on a plane that left without her. So sad I thought I was in hell. I'm in total disbelief of how your staff and airlines treat people. OMG it was horrible. So you sending me a $50 voucher is a slap in the face. So many lives turned upside down. Shocking.

Be prepared for one of the most frustrating and idiotic experiences you have ever encounter in trying to make a reservation that includes your luggage. The website is not intuitive and you can only get boiler plate responses to your requests for information - you only access FAQ from the website. Your frustration begins to rise and you decide to call Spirit Airlines. Your call will be routed Salt Lake City to an Asian location such that you will be trying to communicate with a non-English speaking agent. The agent will talk over you because the agent believes she/he has an answer to your questions before you can finish telling them what the problem is. There is a short delay between you talk and they talk and this just makes the effort that much more frustrating.

Bottom line is that you may be stuck with a ticket that does not allow you to carry baggage and when you get to the airport you will pay additional fees for every piece of luggage. When you pay the luggage fees you will be told your luggage will be assigned to your flight on a first come-first served basis and that your luggage may not arrive at your destination until the following day. (Remember you will be charged for carry on luggage so they have you for additional fees coming and going.) Unless you leave your luggage at your destination you will be put through the whole luggage fee process again when you return home. This is a bit scary - getting home - as this airline cancels more of its flights than any other airline and you may find yourself spending another day at your destination.

Some years ago Jeep was offering a very inexpensive vehicle. Sounds like a good deal but if you wanted doors, that was an additional charge. Back seat? Additional charge. Spare tire? Additional charge. Spirit has taken that concept - charge for every individual item - to an all time high. It would come as no surprise that if you want washroom privileges that Spirit would charge for that also. Upfront these ticket prices look like a good deal but I recommend you use the more reputable airlines, pay a little more, and get what you expected when booking air travel. This company should be ashamed of itself when it lists it "services" among the more well-known companies. Perhaps this would be the proper company to carry chicken, pigs, and goats but people should steer clear of dealing with Spirit. They will break your travel Spirit.

Spirit will gouge you to death. Fly another airline if you don't mind paying for everything. Bathrooms will be next. Number 1 will be $20 and number 2 will be $50.

Spirit advised that the flight was going to be delayed but advised me to arrive at the gate on time just in case. After multiple delays announced, at 11 pm they cancelled the 7 PM flight and they were unable to get me to my destination for another 3 days. They also cancelled my return flight in error so I had to rebook it at double the price.

They start out with low price and then add on big charges for luggage, unaccompanied minor, etc. Next they will be charging to use the lavatory! Their stewardesses are nasty. It reminds me of riding a bus, only worse!

Booked a flight for 6 adults and 4 grandchildren on December 29, 2016 from Detroit Metro to Fort Lauderdale. My wife and I were taking the family on a cruise and booked a direct flight with assigned seats for the Sunday morning of the cruise. On Saturday March 18, 2017 at 1:32 pm after we had our boarding passes, I received an email from Spirit that our flight was cancelled. No reason why, just cancelled. I scrambled to find another flight, and booked with Delta for all 10 the same next morning without assigned seats. The part that really upsets me was it costs me an additional $1750. The original fare with Spirit was $2,197.10, the new fare with Delta was $3,942.00. Spirit graciously offered us a whole $50 voucher for the cancelled flight. WOW. Spirit can keep their $50 voucher; my family will never fly Spirit again.

100% ripoff. I arrived at the airport 30 minutes before my scheduled takeoff time to be told they closed the gates 45 minutes prior to my scheduled departure when their website states in black and white for passengers to arrive 15 min before departure. Staff were robots and unremorseful. Of course I received no refund and was ripped off completely. This airline is scum and Their unethical practices and poor reviews will eventually ensure they go out of business. I truly never get online and leave reviews but Spirit truly deserves it and anyone being baited by their low prices deserves to be warned.

My experience with Spirit Air was awful. Everything is extra (baggage, seats, coffee, water etc). The seats were very narrow, uncomfortable & they don't recline. We didn't get a cheaper flight ($300+ each for round trip to Florida, even with belonging to the $9 Club). The only upside was a personable flight attendant on the way home!

Recently, my fiance and myself took a trip to Texas to see her relative. We decided on Spirit Air, bad mistake. They proclaimed to have good rates but that is a hoax as every other little stuff is fee, eg. coffee, carry on $50 etc. The cabin was another story for it was very cramped. I can go on and on. Very disturbing. I really will try not to have this experience again.

Dear Spirit Airline: If you're not in charge of baggage size requirements, please pass this on to someone who is (the boss, preferably). Your baggage policies/requirements are ridiculous. One personal belongings (free). Thank you?! Please do tell me what anybody could possibly put in a 18x14x8 bag when on vacation, especially for women.

I hope you put women into considerations. "Crap! I just got my period! Wait. Let me get out of my seat, climb up to the compartment and get my tampon out so this 65 yr old grandpa sitting next to me whom I don't know knows that I'm on my time of the month, and the 12 yr old in front of me could ask her mom what was that long stick I was holding. Let me now walk down the aisle with my tampon in my hand so the whole plane knows I'm bleeding from my vagina since only ONE personal item is allowed, which happened to be my "luggage" for my FIVE day trip. Or maybe I should just carry my entire 18x14x8 bag with me into the toilet. Hmm, which one?!"

(30 mins later). "Oh darn. Time for my meds. Let me wake this 65 yr old grandpa up from his nap, and climb up to the compartment again so I could take my meds out of my luggage." Sure, I can pay extra for an extra bag, or do a check in... except not everyone would want to waste that nonsense unnecessary money because um... they're on vacation??? Right, that's their problem. Well, perhaps that's why you're no 4/5 stars airline and have 1 star reviews all over. You give no **.

You either make it an actual size carry on, and not a size that's in between where I look retarded if I bring it with me to the toilet, but yet, a bath towel just took up 3/4 of my bag space, or allow a carry on and a personal item because believe it or not, women exists in this world. Purses aren't only for makeup. And yes... Both for free like most airlines. Even United, I believe. Having cheap airline tickets aren't everything. It's your attitudes, communications, work ethics, and considerations you have towards your passengers. The baggage policies/guidelines did not put passengers into considerations at all. Because of that, everything else followed. They lacked common sense in this area.

My college age daughter flew Spirit from Boston Logan to Baltimore/Washington (BWI). The flight was booked a month in advance. We paid for one carry on and did not pay for a specific seat because the Spirit website says that a random seat will be assigned for free at check in. My daughter checked in at an airport kiosk. She got the same Spirit screen telling her she could pay for a seat or be randomly assigned a seat. She chose random assignment. But, when she got her boarding pass she DID NOT get a seat assignment. She was told to check at the gate.

The gate was a nightmare. Understaffed, overwhelmed Spirit staff could not handle customers. There was no place to sit at the Spirit terminal. Customers could stand or sit on the floor. Part of the problem was the number of families flying and being separated from very small children in seat assignments. My daughter believes the flight was overbooked. She was eventually assigned a seat and made the flight. This is the first time we have ever flown Spirit.

I called Spirit to complain; actually finding a human being at Spirit is a feat unto itself because as the website tells us, staff costs too much money. Spirit staff told me that random seats are assigned at check in. Period. They've never heard of a Spirit seat not being assigned at check in. I just don't believe this. They insist it only ever happened to my daughter and was because of a glitch or what-not. I believe that because we didn't pay for a seat, Spirit arbitrarily moved her to some kind of stand-by. Would love an explanation of "glitch or what-not". Now that I've read other reviews of Spirit, we should probably consider ourselves lucky because our daughter actually got on a flight and it wasn't cancelled. I'll never book a flight with Spirit again.

I was two hours early for Spirit flight 417 Detroit to Fort Lauderdale and missed my flight. I was supposed to arrive in Fort Lauderdale at 945 am and didn't arrive til 945 pm. Spirit didn't announce or post a Gate change. Gate 14 was posted on a hallway monitor when I arrived and was still up fairly late. The flight took off from Gate 12. Of the three flights I was on or supposed to be, there were three Gate changes and one plane was an hour late. Their luggage policy stinks. They announced a 65$ fee for a regular size bag and $100 if you didn't make the first move. They charge for coffee. And before the recent story of the doctor being dragged off a United plane, two couples were removed while their luggage was en-route to Fort Meyers. They and Spirit reps argued for maybe an hour over a computer glitch. Never again.

My first time to use this Airline 3/26/2017. I booked a round trip flight from New Orleans La. to Denver Colorado leaving 3/31/2017 returning 4/4/2017. The 800 number I called to book the representative kept putting me on hold for over 47 minutes until I said if you cannot book this I will just call someone else. (This should have been a BIG warning, RED FLAG, just this part). She promised to finish up and get me booked. She did, got my credit card number and said it would be a total of $379.03. Upon looking what they charged my card $869.30 in separate charges. I called back. The next person took as long, then finally told me they overcharged me $289.90, and I would get a credit 7-10 days, which the amount I was told and printed out my booking confirmation was still a difference of $490.27.

I called back but the next person argued and explained a totally different scenario. This time this person said that flight was not available and did I want to pay for seats. I said "Yes, I assumed I had a seat when the last person booked me", she said "It is an extra charge". I said "Okay can you give me a price for the seat added round trip?" After being on hold another 50 plus minutes she came back and I said, "I have to check one bag in do I do that now?" She said, "Oh yes it would be much cheaper." So she put me on hold again.

At this point I am feeling something not good with what was going on. 20 plus minutes she came back on and quoted the total price with seats, with my one check in luggage, round trip $460.90. I ask, "Are they going to credit me back the last transaction on my debit card? Then charge this amount." She said, "Yes yes, it will take 7-10 days to credit you back but we have to charge this because it is a different transaction." I said, "Okay as long as I am getting my money back. I just hope this is legit." She assured me no problems and booked me. I printed my new booking confirmation then looked on my bank statement this time I was charged a total of $446.60. In 3 different charges.

Exhausted at this point I had a bad feeling but dealing with them was 1/2 of a day and a different answer each time. The following day appeared another charge of $289.79. At this point I do not know what to do. I called back, each time from the beginning there was a language barrier, but I had no idea. I got put on hold for a very long time again. Finally the representative came back and said. "Yes we did make a mistake and you will get a credit 7-10 days." I was upset that a company could do this and I told them this is very wrong, they said, "Oh so sorry this is a different department." and that is all they can do. Day of flight 3/31/2017 I arrived at airport 2 hours early. They said delayed for an hour. Later another delay. Finally got on the plane and I was surprised the plane was actually pretty new. The seating was small no leg room but plane was good. My surprise was not over.

I called to confirm if my return flight was on time they said, "Yes as of now on time." I went to the airport and it was through the other Airline Frontier but on time. I got home that afternoon and later on looked at my bank statement and there were 2 more charges one for $109.00 and $14.95. I called them to see what I was being charged for now. I called and the representative told me the $109.00 was my seat charge and the $14.95 was a fee charge. I called and the representative told me to screenshot the wrong charges and give an explanation and they would investigate. I said "Well I think I will just go to my bank and give them the print out and explanation" because dealing with these people you will not get help. If anything you will be charged for something you have no clue.

I would never fly with Spirit or Frontier Airlines again. I have never ever in my life gone through so many misleading stories. Their flights are normally always delayed. I was lucky the one time and several people flying told me if you fly very early you usually get lucky on the delays. My advice the other Airlines may look a little higher when you are looking, but trust me these people are a joke and thieves. I do not see these two Airlines in business long.

I have been flying airlines since I was kid and I do understand delays/cancellation of flights due to reasons like weather, technical glitches, emergencies, unruly passengers, holidays, weekends, etc, etc. But most of the airlines usually take care of the passengers by providing best options, by trying to get them onto another flights or airlines to the passengers destinations, on unavailability provide them hotel and put them on next flight or refund the fare depending on the current ticket price. But Spirit Airlines doesn't ever fall in this category. You don't have to simply believe my review, try them, you will 2nd my review. I have been flying on Spirit for some time and I had issues in the past too (delays, cancellations, etc) and I ignored because I believe that you get what you pay for & Spirit was cheap in air fare.

But today me & my sister were scheduled to fly from ATL (Atlanta, GA) to DFW (Dallas, TX) today on flight #146 but after boarding the flight we had to stand for some time because other passengers were sitting in our seats and they were allotted the same seat #'s. When enquire with the crew we were told it was because of overbooking & offered different seats in back. But after some time all the passengers were deplaned and the reason was initially pilot still didn't come to the plane & later the co-pilot didn't too. The flight was cancelled, they advised to cancel our tickets & go back home since we are local and book ticket on next day flight & they refunded us 1-way fare what we paid last month. We bought a 1-wayticket on Southwest flight # 6605 for 5:45m for next day for double the price & took a cab to nearby motel because it was very important for us to fly to our family event.

We have been trying to get a hold on the 800 # provided by the Spirit staff till now, no answer. Maybe that's how they play. And the best part is this. That flight arrived from Boston, and the pilots who flew it never returned to plane & there was no other pilot from Spirit. And our other sister who is flying to Dallas from NY got her ticket cancelled too because of overbooking & was refunded airfare. Spirit overbooking = cancel passenger tickets who bought early for less and allot seats to travelers who bought last minute for high prices.

If you are looking at this review please share, it helps other travelers. I feel sorry for passengers traveling from Boston and stuck in Atlanta. I request you all to beware of Spirit Airlines. I am providing my Spirit confirmation #, and also followed by Southwest for facts. Will also be creating a page on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn. Will provide receipts of purchases of ticket, cab & motel upon request.

Coming back from Walt Disney World standing in line with 5 members of my family in front of Spirit Airlines, waiting to get our boarding information. Overheard from other passengers that their flight got cancelled from Orlando to Chicago. When I got to the counter I was advised that our flight was cancelled as well. Only offer was to put us on another flight on a different day that had layovers. No hotel accommodations were made. No attempts to put us on another carrier's airline. The only other offered was to get our money back from the purchase and find our way back to Chicago. In which we rented a car and drove back to Chicago, 20 hours. If I could rate this company, I would give it a negative five star. Save your money, save your time, save your mind from being stressed out, don't deal with this Spirit Airlines.

Spirit Airline is the worst and most corrupted fraudulent airline I have ever seen or know of. Spirit Airline is very deceitful and along with its very disrespectful and unprofessional staffs. This airline obviously are given a license to practice corruptions and fraud; legalized criminals. Magnitudes of compliant made about them and yet no supervision or legal authority has done anything to stop or short down this horrible airline.

I had a very bad experience with this airline. I bought their cheap ticket in the attempt to save $100 dollars and that was my first big mistake. I spend more than that $100 that I was trying to save and it cost me more than the "REAL AIRLINES WITH GOOD REPUTABLE SERVICE AND CLASS" would have charged me and I would have been treated like a queen with additional services with no charges. Not this make believe FAKE bad spirit airline. That old saying "When something sound or look too good to be true, it usually is".

My flight from Orlando to Newark airport NJ was for 2:20pm on 3/31/17 on flight 140. Flight was delayed several times and did not depart Orlando until 7:36pm, 5 hours, 16 minute late. I and my teenage daughter boarded the flight no problems. I was attending a funeral of a dear friend on this day and I missed the entire funeral ceremonies because of this delay, embarrassing and annoyed. Returning from Newark NJ airport with bad Spirit airline on flight 159 for 6:20 pm and this was also delay and we did not depart NJ until 9:23 pm, 3 hours delayed. They don't give you any solid explanation and didn't care to and indifference in behaviors.

My other issue also is, when I was returning, I attempted to self check in and print my return ticket like I always do with other airlines and I could not, as system reads "error" but all information provided were accurate as requested. I decided to just get my return ticket at the check in service. I told them what happened and I was told there is issues with the system and that they could check me in. Come to think of it, it was a set up to redirect you to them, so they can finds reasons to scam additional money out of the unsuspecting consumers. I said okay, then we were told that we have to pay for our 3 small carry on case bags, which was not an issue when we boarded the plane from Orlando. I told the attendant this, and he said to me that the staff did not do their job in Orlando if I did not pay for my carry on. Meaning I should have being scammed for more money.

However, the same staff he spoke of, noted on my return ticket that I have luggages to check in. Lies. We only have 3 small roll on case bags about 2 feet long and 1 fit 10 inches wide. He said to me, well I don't see a luggage as written on your ticket, but I still have to charge you for your carry on. I was upset, because this was an extra expense I was not counting on spending. In fact, spent funds was set aside to feed my children for the following week was spend on additional carry on bags. I was upset, because I live paycheck to paycheck and as a single mother of 3, with no child supports help, it really hurts when scammers throws you off balance unexpectedly. I instantly felt pain and all I could think of was how I was going to feed my kids before my next paycheck. I was literally in tears. The attendant told us that if we could fit our bags in the drop box measurement, it will be free.

My daughter put all 3 bags in it and it all fits. He looks at it and said, yes it fits, but its a few inches (3inches) above their height line, so we have to charge you he said. I was charged $50 for one bag then $65 for second bag, and I told him I simply have no more money to pay for the 3rd bag which only contains my 2 laptops, and 1 Ipad, which he said would cost me another $65 dollars. He told me that I cannot get on the plane unless I paid for it. I refused, because I truly don't have anymore money and I was really distress about this. I picked up my bags and headed over to the boarding gate. He told me not to border, he was going to be at the boarding gate to board the passenger himself and that he is still going to charge me. Sure enough, he was at boarding and I was refused entry to the plane.

I told them that their action was wrong and that I paid for our tickets, this was happening on Sunday, and I told them that my daughter has school the next day and we cannot miss our flight. He said too bad, that is your problem, pay or miss the flight. This time, he is charging me $100 dollars for the 3rd bag which only contains 3pieces of item, 2 laptops and 1 Ipad. Since I have no more money, I took my laptops and Ipad out of the bag and told him that I will carry it in my hands into the plane with me without the bag, as the items are important to my children and I do not wish to risk losing them with check in either. The attendant told me, fine, without my bag, that I can board the plane. So I left my favorite bag by their reception area and headed for the plane. I have that bag for 23 years. It has a sentimental personal meaningful value to me. I was in tears as I walked away from my bag.

I stop to ask him for his name, as none of this staffs has any visible name tags. There were 3 staff members, 2 young female, one ** and other female ** with two tone color hair, bleached blond ends of hair and black top color hair. The male is **, also young, they are all in their early twenties. He said his first name was Marten, I ask for his last name and another staff petite ** female with 2 tone color hair, yelled at me and say, "You don't need his last name." I told her, as a consumer, I have the right to asked for his name and he is to provide it to me in such public relation. He mumble his last name and I could not make out what he said. The 2 tone hair color lady screamed at me again and said, "**" you heard me the first time, when I asked him to repeat his last name. She told me, "get out of my sight before I stop you from getting on the plane and call security to remove you from this flight.

I was in disbelief and shocked at the language being used to addressed me in front of my teenage daughter who was very upset, and she remained well mannered without retaliation at their stupidity. My sixteen year old had more professionalism, and class than the ** minimum wagers recruits they have for workers. When I confronted her about her bad language, she says to me “** you **, your mama." I was badly disrespected as if I was just garbage and not a concern human being or a paying customer. I was in tears. How could such unprofessionalism take place in with a big organization as a licensed airline as Spirit? This workers are all young and very rude, absolutely no communication skills or manners. This people have no compassion, indifference or could care less about anything, they are just trained to scam money from all consumers regardless.

They are liars and plays many dirty games and very deceitful in their practices. This BAD SPIRIT AIRLINE left my soul in bad spirit through the plane ride that also had a bad landing that bounce many of us from our seats, very scary. And I was told they have many mechanical problems. No surprise there, if they are cutting corners, cheating people, they will always cut savings first before the thought of saving precious lives of others. The spirit of this plane is very bad indeed.

Consumer, save yourself the hassle. Its not worth the trouble or the make believe savings, they finds ways to take it back from you anyway. This bad Spirit airline will corrupt your good spirit. Good spirit leaves ones with good feelings with good intentions. However, bad spirit will leave you with bad feelings and experience, as this bad Spirit airline has being doing to so many consumers. Avoid them by all means. I will never fly them again, not even for free. TERRIBLE SERVICE, TERRIBLE PEOPLE, TERRIBLE SPIRIT.

I am writing to complain about my experience with Spirit Airlines. In January of 2017 I booked 2 flights for my in-laws to fly on Spirit airlines. In addition, I paid $160 in baggage fees. My mother-in-law's brother became ill so I had to cancel the flights. I expected not to receive a refund of the flight fees. However Spirit does not refund the baggage fees either! I don't know how they get away with still charging extra baggage fees for 2 tickets when the tickets were not used! They also had a few days to sell those 2 seats which they probably did.

I booked a RT from Nj to Fort Lauderdale Fl. I paid for two exit seats and for two checked bags. #1 the exit seats were terrible. I paid extra for extra leg room and could barely fit in the seats. I'm not that big and my husband is thin and it was tight for him. I paid for checked baggage early so it wouldn't be that much. When I got there I was charged an extra $55 saying my bag is overweight. They lowered the max weight from 50lbs to 40lbs. On my flight going. One of the stewardess was so rude and unfriendly like we was flying for free. I paid way more for this flight than I would've booking with other airlines and then I get on a flight 6 am in the morning to have some lady being rude to me.

I'm very very disgusted with this airline. I would never fly or even suggest anyone fly with Spirit Airlines. It seems like a cheap airline until you add all of the extra stuff you have to pay for separately. You're better off booking with a real airline where you can fly more comfortable and be treated better. They don't even give complimentary soda or peanuts. Shoot you pay to breathe the air on the plane and you can't get a free snack?!? NEVER AGAIN. I'LL WALK 1st!!!

Spirit Air Company Profile