2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Spirit Air Reviews

Spirit Air
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.55/5

Spirit Airlines is dedicated to bringing the lowest total price to every place we fly – on average much lower than other airlines. We offer our customers our Bare Fare®

pricing, allowing them to pay only for the options they want – things like bags, seat assignments and refreshments. With our Fit Fleet™, one of the youngest fleets of any major U.S. airline, we operate more than 460 daily flights to 65 destinations in the U.S., Latin America, and the Caribbean.

Spirit Air Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spirit Air?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spirit Air?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

My fiancé and I booked a flight to Orlando with our 7 month old son.. scary.. yes! The customer service on the phone, the boarding crew, the flight attendants, (Kiara and Ryan) were a amazing.. On the way to our destination the flight attendant (I didn’t get her name) stopped and played with our son with napkins that kept him laughing the entire plane ride.. Helped calm us down dramatically..

On our way back home the flight was later in the evening.. and I forgot water. Baby water (our son won’t drink cool milk). The flight attendants or stewards Noticed my distress and brought me a cup of hot water to mix with a bottle of water to make the perfect temperature for our little one. Warmed this mamas Heart!! This airline is AMAZING! We had the best experience.. The captain was very informative due to the rain .. I myself only flew twice.. and I’m soo excited to book our next flight with you guys!!!.. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Our flight number was NK625 our seat number was 19a/c. To every employee on that flight THANK YOU!!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

Not only did Spirit provide the lowest cost on a flight, but they went above and beyond to help me. I have not flown in several years and I started getting motion sickness. Two different flight attendants brought me ice packs during my flight. They continually checked on me until we landed. I wish I would have gotten their names to give credit where credit is due, but I didn’t... Spirit will be my first choice when booking a flight! Thank you for making my flight more comfortable!

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2020

I was searching for the lowest price on flights for my next holiday. Then I hit this, I guess this was the best spot I landed at. It provides options which quickly filters amongst hundreds of airlines and returns the cheapest flights for your desired route in a flash. One of the best things about using Spirit Airlines is how seamlessly it fits into my trip planning process and when it comes to spirit airlines customer service, I found it very helpful; we can contact on 1(806)-256-8444 to get our queries resolved quickly.

Original review: March 10, 2020

The rates are generally low during our city's busy season which is a big help for so many of us that are retired. It is definitely a low frill airlines but if the rates are low enough it’s worth using. There are enough people from all over the country that live here and they can all benefit from travel low fares if more cities are included in the destinations. This is what we are all hoping for that the airlines will expand to more destinations and continue low prices throughout the year not only during Busy season. The people here in Myrtle Beach and their relatives around the country would use the airline even more if the rates were low throughout the year and more destinations were added.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

Spirit Airline Flight NK 330 took good care of us. Some that were on this flight would complain, but I only have positive things to say about this airline. The seats were comfortable, the flight staff was friendly and helpful in a very negative situation. Our flight on October 20th was delayed due to a mechanical reason. I'm so thankful the flight was delayed and the airplane was fixed. The next issue was we were to fly from New Orleans to Dallas. The flight was delayed again because of tornado warnings in Dallas. We boarded the plan, headed to Dallas, but we were diverted to Houston because Air Traffic Control was not allowing any planes to land in Dallas. Spirit airlines compensated us with hotel vouchers, food vouchers and vouchers for a taxi ride to the hotel.

The next day, Spirit made an extra flight for us to fly us to Dallas. The pilots and flight attendants had to make this extra flight to help us get to Dallas. I thanked all of them for helping us. I feel Spirit Airlines was put in a bad position because of the bad weather, which was not the airlines fault, but Spirit Airlines did everything they could to help us in a stressful situation. Several other airlines were delayed and diverted as well. I only have positive things to say about the way Spirit Airlines handled this situation.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I booked a flight on Spirit for the first time to travel to the Dominican Republic. I have a service animal that needs approval, so I submitted my documents well ahead of the deadline for travel. I was told I would get a response within 2 business days. I did not hear from them until the third day, when they sent me an email to check in to my flight which listed my service animal. I was able to check in.

In the afternoon I received an email saying they were looking for passengers to accept vouchers to change flights because they were overbooked. Therefore, I should not be surprised when that night, after business hours, I received another email saying that they were denying my service animal because I didn't submit my documents, even though I had a confirmation email from the airline saying they had received the documents. I submitted them again. They didn't respond until after it was too late to get on my flight. My reservation was rescheduled THREE times, and it was another TWO AND A HALF DAYS before they finally approved my service animal. In addition, I now have to fly in to a city an hour and a half away from my actual destination, and the airline is doing nothing to compensate me for what they caused.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

We've been on many airlines and this is by far the worst. I understand everything being ala carte however the check-in crew wanted to charge us for bags that clearly met they criteria which we had to prove not once but twice. Ivette was extremely confrontational and spoke in another language to another crewmate about us which I find offensive. I don't care how cheap flights are from this company. I would steer far far away!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

There is no way to contact them. You can buy a ticket online easily. You can (I think) cancel it with their SMS service, but that is it. Anything beyond that is not possible as their email form does not work because the Captcha is not set up correctly. You will match the Captcha image and it says you have not. I'm a developer who uses Captcha as well and it is something that you would absolutely fix when you realize that nobody has ever used the main way to contact your site for weeks. You have to assume they are aware and just prefer no contact. I had to cancel a flight in April 2020 due to covid (I think they canceled that flight anyway) and they would ONLY issue a Spirit credit with an ID a single email (does not show on my account on the site). The credit expires in September 2020, which does not seem fair as the situation has not improved and they are only booking out 6 months now.

There is no way to complain or call or ask them to extend this as you cannot inquire or complain through their site. They have basically disabled the way to do that. I see other reviews mentioning this so I know it has been going on for a long time. I have used a couple of the most popular browsers so it is not a rare occurrence. Maybe they had to lay off all service and site developers? Good luck if you book with them and need to talk to someone.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

During my return flight from Dallas Fort Worth to Tampa the flight was completely overcrowded. CDC guidelines for social distancing were not followed and every seat in the plane was filled to capacity. The people behind us were so smashed, the man in the middle could barely fit. I paid $100 for my husband and I to have premium seating and our seats were not cleaned. There was hair and food crumbs left all over the arm rest and seat. Now we both are experiencing headaches, body aches, fever and chills. This is very tragic. We are told to trust this company they they clean and sanitize and comply with guidelines but the plane was overcrowded with not one empty seat and not sanitized or cleaned and the flight attendants didn't wear gloves.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I flew from Ft. Lauderdale to Atlanta yesterday, 11 am, Sept 15th, 2020 and despite the pandemic and Covid-19 precautions, the flight was packed like a can of sardine. All seats were filled and tightly packed and absolutely no social distancing taken. How can the industry allow this?

Spirit Air Company Information