2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Spirit Air Reviews

Spirit Air
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.56/5

Spirit Airlines is dedicated to bringing the lowest total price to every place we fly – on average much lower than other airlines. We offer our customers our Bare Fare®

pricing, allowing them to pay only for the options they want – things like bags, seat assignments and refreshments. With our Fit Fleet™, one of the youngest fleets of any major U.S. airline, we operate more than 460 daily flights to 65 destinations in the U.S., Latin America, and the Caribbean.

View More View More

Spirit Air Reviews

Original review: April 8, 2020

I was searching for the lowest price on flights for my next holiday. Then I hit this, I guess this was the best spot I landed at. It provides options which quickly filters amongst hundreds of airlines and returns the cheapest flights for your desired route in a flash. One of the best things about using Spirit Airlines is how seamlessly it fits into my trip planning process and when it comes to spirit airlines customer service, I found it very helpful; we can contact on 1(806)-256-8444 to get our queries resolved quickly.

Original review: March 10, 2020

The rates are generally low during our city's busy season which is a big help for so many of us that are retired. It is definitely a low frill airlines but if the rates are low enough it’s worth using. There are enough people from all over the country that live here and they can all benefit from travel low fares if more cities are included in the destinations. This is what we are all hoping for that the airlines will expand to more destinations and continue low prices throughout the year not only during Busy season. The people here in Myrtle Beach and their relatives around the country would use the airline even more if the rates were low throughout the year and more destinations were added.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

Spirit Airline Flight NK 330 took good care of us. Some that were on this flight would complain, but I only have positive things to say about this airline. The seats were comfortable, the flight staff was friendly and helpful in a very negative situation. Our flight on October 20th was delayed due to a mechanical reason. I'm so thankful the flight was delayed and the airplane was fixed. The next issue was we were to fly from New Orleans to Dallas. The flight was delayed again because of tornado warnings in Dallas. We boarded the plan, headed to Dallas, but we were diverted to Houston because Air Traffic Control was not allowing any planes to land in Dallas. Spirit airlines compensated us with hotel vouchers, food vouchers and vouchers for a taxi ride to the hotel.

The next day, Spirit made an extra flight for us to fly us to Dallas. The pilots and flight attendants had to make this extra flight to help us get to Dallas. I thanked all of them for helping us. I feel Spirit Airlines was put in a bad position because of the bad weather, which was not the airlines fault, but Spirit Airlines did everything they could to help us in a stressful situation. Several other airlines were delayed and diverted as well. I only have positive things to say about the way Spirit Airlines handled this situation.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Sep. 23 2019, I was to fly out of Columbus Ohio at 8:00 AM. I had ordered a wheelchair in advance because I had both hips replaced not long before my trip, I arrived at the airport at 6:00 am, checked my bag and got a boarding pass by 7:00 am. The lady who checked me in asked me to wait on some seats and she would call about my chair, her Name was Youlaunda, if I'm spelling it right.

As time passed and no chair showed up I started to panic, finally at 20 mins till 8:00 I said something to her about missing my flight, even though there were only 2 ladies working, and they were swamped, she came from around the counter, grabbed a wheelchair and ran me through security, and then to my gate and I yelled at the flight attendant as she was closing the door on the plane, this lady needs more than just a good review from me, I hope this helps the right person see how valuable she is. Now for my bad review. I had a 2 hour layover in ORLANDO before going on to Texas, and never was able to get a wheelchair, now I am paying the price, due to torn stitches, thanks for that Spirit. Marion

Original review: July 5, 2019

Traveling on a budget airline, I prepared myself for the worst and had very low expectation. Fortunately, I had a great experience flying from O'Hare (Chicago) to Baltimore (BWI) this past week. The incoming flight arrived late but the crew was able to get all of us boarded and the flight left on time even during bad weather. Although there was no free drinks, not even water, it did not bother me. In fact, I found the plane cleaner because no drinks or food was served. In addition, I was pleasantly surprised that I was deplaned faster than ever (in less than 2 minutes from Row 22) even though the plane was quite full. I noticed almost all the passengers were young (probably why they used budget airline), have almost no luggage and they move super fast! Perfect flight for me. I arrived on time and was on the curb in 10 minutes!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spirit Air?

Original review: June 26, 2020

I fly with Spirit the most due to their low rates but recently have found out that maybe they are also under paying their employees. My husband normally doesn’t fly with me but have done it twice round one of them was with spirit. Which was also the only time we’ve ever purchased any food or drinks from any airline. Since then my husband bank card (since they do not take cash), has been charged twice for onboard items one was minimal he didn’t think too much of it but then again last night for $30 and when due to the world situation we haven’t done any traveling. And hard to believe that the amounts are so close when in April it was 3.00 and now it’s 30. Next they will prob try 300 but get nothing and spirit wants to handle all of this through What’s Up app or email but don’t answer my questions.

Original review: June 21, 2020

They literally have no shame. During the checking they told me that bag is little big but still ok to carry as free but at gate they told me the bag is too large and charged me $65!!! I told them that the lady told me the bag was ok to go for free but they just apologized and charged me shamelesly. Very dishonest company.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I had to cancel my trip to California in April due to the pandemic. Spirit did not refund my money. Instead they gave me a flight credit which is good for 6 months. I know for sure I won’t be able to use it as my financial situation is now completely different than it was a few months ago. I will not be able to travel any time soon. All other merchants/ travel agents were willing to work with me and gave me refunds, although their pre-corona policies stated differently. Not Spirit Airlines. They are the most customer-unfriendly airline I have ever dealt with. I paid them close to $140 for nothing. Never will I ever book with Spirit Airlines ever again. Disgusting!!!

Original review: June 11, 2020

So, Spirit Airlines oversold my flight to Dallas and offered flight vouchers as an incentive to catch the next flight. It seemed like a pretty good deal at the time for the inconvenience. I now know that it is a terrible deal since there is no actual way to redeem the voucher. When you get the voucher, they just have you use the 6 - digit confirmation code of your flight but when you try to use the voucher, it wants you to use a 17 - digit code that is nowhere on the voucher. The number listed on the website to call if you have a problem is no longer working. The text service repeats the same options over and over again. The general customer service does the same thing. So the only conclusion I can come up with is that the whole thing was a scam.

Original review: May 19, 2020

They left my disabled husband in St. Thomas and it was not even supposed to be stop when the flight was booked. The stewardess did not like service dogs so she said the dog was vicious when the dog isn't. They wouldn't let him board and said they needed to talk with him but kept him waiting until the flight left. Didn't allow him to dispute any of her statements. Forced us to find him transportation with another carrier.

Spirit Air Company Information