2.98/5
Based on 1,193 ratings submitted in the last year

Spirit Air Reviews

Spirit Airlines is dedicated to bringing the lowest total price to every place we fly – on average much lower than other airlines. We offer our customers our Bare Fare®

pricing, allowing them to pay only for the options they want – things like bags, seat assignments and refreshments. With our Fit Fleet™, one of the youngest fleets of any major U.S. airline, we operate more than 460 daily flights to 65 destinations in the U.S., Latin America, and the Caribbean.

View More View More

2377 Spirit Air Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 5, 2019

Traveling on a budget airline, I prepared myself for the worst and had very low expectation. Fortunately, I had a great experience flying from O'Hare (Chicago) to Baltimore (BWI) this past week. The incoming flight arrived late but the crew was able to get all of us boarded and the flight left on time even during bad weather. Although there was no free drinks, not even water, it did not bother me. In fact, I found the plane cleaner because no drinks or food was served. In addition, I was pleasantly surprised that I was deplaned faster than ever (in less than 2 minutes from Row 22) even though the plane was quite full. I noticed almost all the passengers were young (probably why they used budget airline), have almost no luggage and they move super fast! Perfect flight for me. I arrived on time and was on the curb in 10 minutes!

Original review: June 27, 2019

I was searching for a low charge book from 1(877)696-0333 soul aircraft's telephone number and same week travel. Spirit is constantly useful around there, have constantly utilized them when conceivable. Simply ensure you get your sacks paid for online with your reservation and booking or you will pay a strong charge. Traveling with as little luggage as possible, no sacks. They permit little close to none thing, little knapsack at no cost additional. Be that as it may, continue and handled packs when done AHEAD of time are likewise sensible. Ideal administration for me.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Where: Montego Bay Airport, Jamaica

When: Sunday, 5/25/19

Who: Spirit Airline Supervisor Jan(ique)

What: My flight was delayed and I never received notification that 1) the flight was behind schedule 2) I'd consequently miss my connecting flight and have to spend the night in a hotel and arrive home an entire day later than I expected to. The supervisor (Jan) graciously spent 45 minutes trying to search other options, and secured a seat for me on a direct flight leaving soon after I arrived at the airport. She coordinated with security to ensure that I reached the gate in a timely fashion, at no extra charge and with no issues. Jan and her team went above and beyond to assist me and I am so grateful for the considerations that they made in order to get me home on time.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

We found Steve ** of the Myrtle Beach, SC airport to be extremely helpful in getting our luggage problem straight. We couldn’t do it online. He was very polite, friendly and very efficient. This took place on our return home trip to Stewart airport in Newburgh, NY. On October 25, 2018. Thank you, Steve!!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

My wife and I fly 3/4 times a year for vacation. Our 1st and 2nd choices are southwest and American, depending on where we are going. However, we needed a late flight and wanting nonstop Pittsburgh to Vegas, we went with Spirit, we upgraded to the big front seats and bags package. The plane was brand new and the crew was very friendly. We enjoyed our flight out and back, only issue was 30-minute delay coming home due to airport traffic in Vegas. We will definitely be flying Spirit again, as long as there are 2 big front seats available.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spirit Air?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I went to Peru for a family vacation with my husband and two kids. The vacation was amazing. We had to fly from Cusco to Lima on Saturday morning and knew we were going to have a long layover in Lima since they only have US flights going out at night. We planned the day in Lima and returned to the airport over 2 hours before the flight just in case. The flight was set to leave at 11:00 PM. It was then delayed to 11:18. They started calling up the groups and made us stand in line for an hour with no announcements. I went up to ask what the issue was and if I would need to book another flight. They told me there was an issue but they weren’t allowed to say what (like we’re little kids). They then changed us to another gate and posted a delay on the website (still no announcement). Every time I checked the website they pushed the time. The staff didn’t even know the flight had been cancelled until we told them.

They then herded us to get our bags and wait in line for hours for a supposed hotel or cab voucher. At 4:30 AM we finally made it up to the counter (we were 5th in line and there were a ton of people in line behind us (many of us with kids)). When I got to the front of the line they said they had no more hotels. Finally after speaking to 3 people, they got us a room and told us our flight would be rebooked at 4:00 PM the next day. We showed up at noon with the other passengers to find out the 4 PM flight was just a lie to calm the crowds. They then told us the next flight would be a week later. We ended up canceling and spending $3,000 to book a flight home with an 8 hour layover in Bogota. No apology or anything. I want to warn anyone and everyone to avoid Spirit at least on international flights. This took a huge toll on my family money wise and health wise.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

PSA....Don’t book through this horrible airline! I am writing in regards to a canceled flight that was suppose to leave out of Baltimore to Boston. I was with a group of 12 other girls and I am very displeased with how this entire process was handled. I called customer service while waiting in a refund line which I was unable to talk to someone because I had to quickly book another flight so I could get home the same night. Spirit wasn’t offering ANY accommodations! Partial refund for only canceled flight, NO hotel accommodations and flights the next day? I have a job that I need to get to and I am pregnant with doctors appointments scheduled the next day that I could not miss, which this whole situation caused me significant stress.

Not only am I disgusted with how this was handled but I will NEVER ever fly with Spirit Airlines again nor will I recommend this awful airline to anyone else. In addition to all this unnecessary aggravation, I had to book another flight out which thankfully was still available at 10:55pm, (after Spirit delayed 4 times) for an additional $196! So on top of the $403 I spent with Spirit, more expenses were incurred due to this huge inconvenience and your customer service was POOR not offering any help! Any other airline would have gone above and beyond to help their customers ASAP to keep them returning but Spirit has done otherwise. You don’t save a dime with this airline and it’s a rip off! Take your business somewhere else for your own sanity.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I was booked on late night flight from FLL-ATL on August 10 (flight 230). I was in zone 2 and was patiently waiting to board after zone 1. Approximately 30 passengers were in front of me in line and a gate agent by the name of Tawana picked me to make an example out of. She asked me to come to front of line and put my bag in the sample bin for size and I told her, “I would wait til I got up to that point since I was traveling with my wife.” I spotted many passengers in line with bags larger than mine and with multiple bags but Tawana stayed close to me as to say she was going to make an example out of me. When I get to the sample bin I was told I had to pay $65 even though my bag fit the specified bin. She was really confrontational and refused to listen to reason.

I believe I was targeted because I had a Louis Vuitton bag and no other reason. She told me she was doing her job but as I pointed out countless real violations and potential income for the airline she said for me to “just let it go.” Tawana was severely disrespectful and doesn’t know her policy and procedures when I asked questions and told her I’m a chairman’s preferred with American Airlines. I paid the $65 but I’m not happy because my bag fit and I didn’t want anything happening so I couldn’t get home. We get on the last flight of the night and then the plane takes a mechanical delay of 1.5 hrs and we are put on another plane to go home. I would like to get notified of a remedy and a letter to be put in Tawana’s work file. I asked for her last name but was refused...

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I'm writing this review while waiting for my flight from Vegas to Oakland. This is my connecting flight to Oakland from Austin. There have been 3 delays already and moments ago I get another email regarding the 4th delay. From the original departure of 10.00PM, now they have decided to fly at 12.33AM. I'm worried and won't be surprised if more delays occur. When I talk to their staff, the lady staff casually dismisses this as a technical issue. This company disregards their customers and doesn't value their time. It's so frustrating to sit at the airport and getting messed within due to the time difference factor. This is my last flight with Spirit. Will never ever consider this pathetic piece of ** airline again.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I was trying to save some money flying to my country, however the moment at the counter I had to pay over $300 dollars for my luggage plus pay for water and chips inside the aircraft, which I think is the worse. No TV, no WiFi. I'm not recommend Spirit Airlines.

Spirit Air Company Information