Spirit Air
2.88/5
Based on 1,202 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a travel site?

Spirit Air Reviews

Spirit Airlines is dedicated to bringing the lowest total price to every place we fly – on average much lower than other airlines. We offer our customers our Bare Fare®

pricing, allowing them to pay only for the options they want – things like bags, seat assignments and refreshments. With our Fit Fleet™, one of the youngest fleets of any major U.S. airline, we operate more than 460 daily flights to 65 destinations in the U.S., Latin America, and the Caribbean.

View More View More

Looking for a travel site?

Spirit Air Reviews

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

Spirit Airline Flight NK 330 took good care of us. Some that were on this flight would complain, but I only have positive things to say about this airline. The seats were comfortable, the flight staff was friendly and helpful in a very negative situation. Our flight on October 20th was delayed due to a mechanical reason. I'm so thankful the flight was delayed and the airplane was fixed. The next issue was we were to fly from New Orleans to Dallas. The flight was delayed again because of tornado warnings in Dallas. We boarded the plan, headed to Dallas, but we were diverted to Houston because Air Traffic Control was not allowing any planes to land in Dallas. Spirit airlines compensated us with hotel vouchers, food vouchers and vouchers for a taxi ride to the hotel.

The next day, Spirit made an extra flight for us to fly us to Dallas. The pilots and flight attendants had to make this extra flight to help us get to Dallas. I thanked all of them for helping us. I feel Spirit Airlines was put in a bad position because of the bad weather, which was not the airlines fault, but Spirit Airlines did everything they could to help us in a stressful situation. Several other airlines were delayed and diverted as well. I only have positive things to say about the way Spirit Airlines handled this situation.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Sep. 23 2019, I was to fly out of Columbus Ohio at 8:00 AM. I had ordered a wheelchair in advance because I had both hips replaced not long before my trip, I arrived at the airport at 6:00 am, checked my bag and got a boarding pass by 7:00 am. The lady who checked me in asked me to wait on some seats and she would call about my chair, her Name was Youlaunda, if I'm spelling it right.

As time passed and no chair showed up I started to panic, finally at 20 mins till 8:00 I said something to her about missing my flight, even though there were only 2 ladies working, and they were swamped, she came from around the counter, grabbed a wheelchair and ran me through security, and then to my gate and I yelled at the flight attendant as she was closing the door on the plane, this lady needs more than just a good review from me, I hope this helps the right person see how valuable she is. Now for my bad review. I had a 2 hour layover in ORLANDO before going on to Texas, and never was able to get a wheelchair, now I am paying the price, due to torn stitches, thanks for that Spirit. Marion

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 5, 2019

Traveling on a budget airline, I prepared myself for the worst and had very low expectation. Fortunately, I had a great experience flying from O'Hare (Chicago) to Baltimore (BWI) this past week. The incoming flight arrived late but the crew was able to get all of us boarded and the flight left on time even during bad weather. Although there was no free drinks, not even water, it did not bother me. In fact, I found the plane cleaner because no drinks or food was served. In addition, I was pleasantly surprised that I was deplaned faster than ever (in less than 2 minutes from Row 22) even though the plane was quite full. I noticed almost all the passengers were young (probably why they used budget airline), have almost no luggage and they move super fast! Perfect flight for me. I arrived on time and was on the curb in 10 minutes!

Original review: June 27, 2019

I was searching for a low charge book from 1(877)696-0333 soul aircraft's telephone number and same week travel. Spirit is constantly useful around there, have constantly utilized them when conceivable. Simply ensure you get your sacks paid for online with your reservation and booking or you will pay a strong charge. Traveling with as little luggage as possible, no sacks. They permit little close to none thing, little knapsack at no cost additional. Be that as it may, continue and handled packs when done AHEAD of time are likewise sensible. Ideal administration for me.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Where: Montego Bay Airport, Jamaica

When: Sunday, 5/25/19

Who: Spirit Airline Supervisor Jan(ique)

What: My flight was delayed and I never received notification that 1) the flight was behind schedule 2) I'd consequently miss my connecting flight and have to spend the night in a hotel and arrive home an entire day later than I expected to. The supervisor (Jan) graciously spent 45 minutes trying to search other options, and secured a seat for me on a direct flight leaving soon after I arrived at the airport. She coordinated with security to ensure that I reached the gate in a timely fashion, at no extra charge and with no issues. Jan and her team went above and beyond to assist me and I am so grateful for the considerations that they made in order to get me home on time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spirit Air?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

The worst airline ever. Not only we had to pay extra $50 so me and my wife can sit with each other. By mistake I paid $100 for one personal item and one bag and when I got to Spirit at airport I talked to Lisa and told her that I paid extra $50 by mistake for personal item. She said she will make note in the system and "When you call spirit the will refund you the $50". I called and talked to Sasha and she said she can’t do anything cause there is no notes. That is not right. Never again spirit. Never again. One star all the way. Good job.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

From the start our flight was going great. The customer service was good. On our way back from Las Vegas, we flew to the Dallas airport, that's where everything fell apart with our flight. The customer service there was horrible, we missed our flight from Dallas to Atlanta simply because Spirit representatives neglected to answer questions we were asking concerning our flight. Therefore we had to purchase additional tickets from another airline which cost us $784.00 to get home. The service in Dallas was horrible. If this is the kind of customer service your airline offers, I will never fly Spirit again or recommend any. I spent unnecessary money to get a flight because of the awful customer service in Dallas. It would be appreciated if I could be refunded some of my money. If better customer service was provided this situation would've never happened.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Spirit Flight NK943. Flight to Ft Myers was delayed because 1 flight attendant was an hour late. When he finally arrived, after ruining the 100 plus passengers’ day, he arrogantly leisurely strolled past everyone who he inconvenienced. No apology. Just another day at Spirit!!!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Check in and baggage drop off was extremely chaotic and disorganized. You need to make sure to show up early just to get through all of that. But once on the plane, it was actually hard to tell any difference from most budget airlines. Arrived safely and on time without any issues.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

My first and last time flying with Spirit. My flight NK1852 for Nov 9th was scheduled to board at 6:15 am and to depart at 7:00am. We then got delayed to 7:25am then 7:50am then 8:30am then 8:32am then 9:11am now 9:30am. This is so unacceptable and not fair to any of the passengers. No explanations or reasons. No one's telling us anything. Never again will I fly with Spirit. Sat at the airport for 3+hours.

Spirit Air Company Information