2. Travel

Spirit Air Reviews

Spirit Air
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.75/5
Based on 1,464 ratings submitted in the last year

Spirit Airlines is dedicated to bringing the lowest total price to every place we fly – on average much lower than other airlines. We offer our customers our Bare Fare®

pricing, allowing them to pay only for the options they want – things like bags, seat assignments and refreshments. With our Fit Fleet™, one of the youngest fleets of any major U.S. airline, we operate more than 460 daily flights to 65 destinations in the U.S., Latin America, and the Caribbean.

Spirit Air Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spirit Air?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spirit Air?

Original review: May 5, 2021

I am scared of flying. I always have been, but every flight that I’ve taken was Spirit. The stewardess have been amazing. My last flight from Orlando to Latrobe yesterday morning.... The stewardess Shelly went out of her way to check on me multiple times and even sat next to me a few times and talked to me to reassure me everything was going to be alright. I can’t thank her and the rest of the crew enough for their kindness and patience with me with flying. Every flight I have been on with Spirit the stewardess have always checked on me and asked how I was doing during the flight. The kind words and reassurance is greatly appreciated!

Original review: April 1, 2021

Well I had the time of my life. I was so scared to go up in the air. The airline made me feel so safe and made me feel so happy that I forgot I was even on a plane ✈️ going up and then I felt the pull up and was about to coriander then I slept.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I believe this is a great airline! I’ve always have a great experience, whether it be a domestic or international flight. The staff is always friendly and helpful! The only thing I do have to say negatively is, that they seem to change flight times, sometimes frequently, after booking your flight online. I also did notice that the baggage fees went up from last time I flew with them, but it was still a great experience, especially since the flights were actually shorter than expected... which is always nice!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

My fiancé and I booked a flight to Orlando with our 7 month old son.. scary.. yes! The customer service on the phone, the boarding crew, the flight attendants, (Kiara and Ryan) were a amazing.. On the way to our destination the flight attendant (I didn’t get her name) stopped and played with our son with napkins that kept him laughing the entire plane ride.. Helped calm us down dramatically..

On our way back home the flight was later in the evening.. and I forgot water. Baby water (our son won’t drink cool milk). The flight attendants or stewards Noticed my distress and brought me a cup of hot water to mix with a bottle of water to make the perfect temperature for our little one. Warmed this mamas Heart!! This airline is AMAZING! We had the best experience.. The captain was very informative due to the rain .. I myself only flew twice.. and I’m soo excited to book our next flight with you guys!!!.. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Our flight number was NK625 our seat number was 19a/c. To every employee on that flight THANK YOU!!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

Not only did Spirit provide the lowest cost on a flight, but they went above and beyond to help me. I have not flown in several years and I started getting motion sickness. Two different flight attendants brought me ice packs during my flight. They continually checked on me until we landed. I wish I would have gotten their names to give credit where credit is due, but I didn’t... Spirit will be my first choice when booking a flight! Thank you for making my flight more comfortable!

Original review: April 27, 2021

I booked an inexpensive flight through one of the online travel sites on Spirit Airlines. Two days before the flight they cancelled my flight with short notice. I was offered a 'credit' or was instructed to contact them for a refund - THERE IS NO WAY TO CONTACT THEM? I don't need a credit since they cancelled their flights to my airport. I will NEVER again travel with Spirit Airlines. Tried contacting them thru their Text Messaging service and waited over 9 hours before I finally gave up and you cannot call and talk with anyone in person.

Original review: April 23, 2021

First of all I bought my flight at Tampa airport gave them all my family data. They reserve our tickets for March 29th. We fly to NYC LaGuardia Airport. We return to the LaGuardia Airport on the week. We are suppose to fly back to Tampa but to change our flights for the 19th of April originally traveling the 10th of April, but there were no direct flights to Tampa so we take a connecting flight from Detroit to Tampa. We said ok. Agreed on the flight on the 22th of April connecting from Detroit to Tampa we reserved, to only find out that my flight reserved for the 22th of April is reserved from Tampa connecting to Detroit then to LaGuardia Airport, I don’t know how that happen when I was changing my flight in LaGuardia to takeoff from LaGuardia. Plus I flew in the 29th into LaGuardia Airport so I had to go back to LaGuardia Airport, pay another fee, get that reservation fixed for the 22rd of April connecting from NYC to Detroit then to Tampa.

Now yesterday was my date to travel. The 22nd at 9:30pm we are checking in on my Spirit app. I have an infant on my wife’s lap who traveled with us on the the March 29, 2021. They said that baby was older than 2 years and needed to pay a ticket. Fine, my point blank is if I flew out of Tampa with baby and your agents made the mistake why penalize us for your multiple mistakes that happen because of your agents. Why we have to fly the next day, why we have to pay fee when you. Guys made the mistakes, there's no room for mistakes when we pay our earned hard worked money to give it to a airlines that have agents that are incapable of running your airline to the tee.

Now we paid all the extra money because of your mistakes and we probably won’t flight spirit anymore after this experience, plus all the staff you have starting from the supervisor in LaGuardia Airport to the agents they are incompetent, no class, no professionalism. They talk to people with attitude. Throw the N word a few times. People in the line were aggravated, a guy won’t be refunded his money or doesn’t want be let on the flight. No manners and they need be properly trained or retrained because by this so far the most horrible services I ever received from any airline. How can I be compensated for my problems and experiences? My whole family are cutting ties which we are members for awhile and we are thinking on never flighting spirit ever again.

Original review: April 20, 2021

Our 5 luggages were lost and after attempting to find someone at the airport to help we were notified they didn't even have a booth anywhere in the airport. So we started calling and only got voicemail. We went through all their communications options and have spent HOURS on hold and still haven't spoken to a live person. So, in short, I can deal with lost luggage with a reputable company but this company does NOT CARE!! I've lost over $1000 in glasses, medication, clothing, shoes, etc. and STILL haven't received any response. Spend an extra $50 on your flight with a reputable company and you'll save hundreds of dollars and a lot of frustration!! Furthermore, the seats are tiny, too close to each other and junk!!

Original review: April 18, 2021

I want to specifically make a complaint about the NK59 crew on April 17. I in had a very pleasant flight with going to Orlando with Spirit crew. My 7 year old autistic child had a meltdown due to fear of flights. Crew was able to calm him down brought him snacks and crayons and paper. He calmed down very quickly. Flying back was a complete different experience with Spirit Air. My child had a meltdown again crying nonstop. He can’t help it. At the very beginning a flight attendant asked him to have his mask on fully the nose was showing. He was crying and she only cared for him to have mask on the right way with a nasty look! Not trying to calm him down or asking if we needed anything.

After literally sitting only for 5 minutes not more than that we were asked by the crew to either calm him down or leave the airline...are you out of your mind? Don’t you see that we are trying our best to calm him down???? They told us that we make other passengers uncomfortable! He is a child with disability that is very common in many kids having anxiety of flying. How dare you want me to leave without even trying to comfort my child??? Other passengers were upset too with the way we were treated. Those flight attendants were cold, inhuman, unsympathetic, despicable and horrendously rude and disgusting!!!! I have never felt more disrespected in my life than this before!!!

We ended leaving the flight with my 70 year old mother who is diabetic and can barely walk. We were forced to and they immediately replaced our seats as if we were some trash! After one hour the teller by spirit airport gave us a flight to Baltimore. We took that one and my son started doing the same thing crying out of fear but this crew was absolutely pleasant and understanding and sweet!!! Just like the ones we flew in to Orlando. My son calmed down once flight took off. Which I told the crew members of the flight we got kicked off that he would calm down once the plane takes off!

I already contacted my lawyer and I will not have this happening to other parents especially parents with special needs children. The feeling I felt when I left that airline crushed me to the core s as no I will never forget the nightmare they put us through. We ended up taking an Uber from Baltimore to NJ 4 hours drive and $520 cost being home by 2 am!!!! Shame on you!!! I will never fly again with Spirit air because of that crew of flight NK 59. Also please look at YouTube videos with people similar to my situation on that airline. I was not the first! I didn’t know I saw YouTube videos after my bad experience!!!

Original review: April 17, 2021

I had changed my flight to a week earlier. Paid for fares, baggage and seat assignment. Cancelled it and booked another flight. They did not give me credit for my baggage so I just ate that. When I went to get on fight April 17, I had a Tumi expensive carryon that they refused to take. Long story short, I had to take out my clothes and put in plastic bag and they literally stole my 500.00 carryon... I had to get on flight without it, customer no service stole it. Buyer beware, go with a legitimate airline that gives a dam about service..

Spirit Air Company Information