3.67/5

Looking for a travel site?

Asiana

Looking for a travel site?

Asiana Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2019

Let me start by saying that the system that this airlines has is terrible. I booked a multi cities flight from LAX to ICN then to NRT and then return to LAX with my husband. We had the same booking number and we checked in together. We asked to sit together and they said the flight is fully booked and they cannot accommodate that. What kind of bs is this? From LAX to ICN they sit us on a different floor so of course who would want to switch with us. I was on the second floor and was asked to switch because he wanted to sit next to his wife. So I was nice to agreed because I know how he felt. And it seemed that several more other people switch their seats because the airlines just cannot seat a family together.

So on our way to LAX, there we go again. They sit us separately and they continue to say the flight is fully booked and they cannot switch our seats. That whole bs again. So I thought, "Well this time at least we sit on the same floor and we can just asked others to switch." Turned out both of us got sit in the middle seats. So when we asked the aisle and window passengers to switch they said, "no," because who wanted to sit in the middle and be sandwiched by two strangers. The flight attendant is not that nice either. They barely smile and only friendly with Korean people because this airline is Korean. I was very frustrated by this situation and will never ever flight with this airlines again. If you fly solo go ahead because like I said this airline just cannot sit a family together on a very long flight.

Original review: April 18, 2019

My ticket was confirmed from Manila, to Los Angeles. At the airport, they told me my ticket was Cancelled. They have a policy concerning a round trip ticket. If you do not take the first leg of a round trip ticket, they void the whole ticket. Now I am stranded in the Philippines, have to use my savings to purchase another ticket, or challenge them in court. I have a GoFundMe post, hoping to help out. Just want to work in the USA like I do every summer...

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I have flown your airline before and was very satisfied but, that all changed on my last flight. My wife and I received an email on the 16th of December saying that our flight new departure time was an hour later, so naturally an hour later we arrived at the airport. When we arrived the counter check-in staff was extremely blunt and rude saying, "You won't make your connection now because of the delayed flight," which was not our fault even if we arrived earlier. Flight was still delayed. They then said our only option was to switch to a flight on a different airline to Taiwan with a long layover. This was not convenient as my mother who is almost 70 years old was picking us up in Chicago. I then asked if there were other flights with less layover he said, "No you take this now or you come back tomorrow." The next nightmare was without any help. We were passed to a flight on EVA Air which was already boarding.

Neither the Asiana staff or the Eva Air staff offered us any help to get to the boarding gate faster. So we then were panicking because we thought we might miss this flight as we wait in the very long security line at Hong Kong Airport. After, we make it through security the flight was scheduled to take off in ten minutes so my wife and I with our luggage had to run across the very large airport take the train all in fear of our vacation being ruined even more. We barely make it as they're closing the cabin door. Next, we fly to Taiwan and I inform my elderly mother we will be late. She said the ride she had acquired to pick us up needs 48 hours notice to change times so she will stay alone at the Chicago Airport later into the night to wait for us.

The added stress has caused her to become ill and hasn't been able to enjoy her son visiting for Christmas. I really loved Asiana the first time I flew with your airlines. Now after this experience I am dreading my flight back to Hong Kong and will tell my friends and family to avoid your airline at all costs. I can't say how disappointed I am. Please contact me so we can discuss this further.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Asiana Airline simply will not allow you to purchase your tickets online, which obviously makes it impossible to use your mileage. I have tried various times on multiple days to purchase my ticket and it deleted all my information after I hit the purchase button. After not being to purchase my tickets, I called the customer service line, which automatically hangs up on you after they ask you to enter your membership number. When you enter your membership number, there is an automated response of 'you have exceeded your time limit.' I have called the customer service over 10 times and they hung up on me each and every time. Worst airline website and even worse customer service.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

We rebooked our flight with Asiana because our return flight from Hong Kong to the states (with another airline) was cancelled due to Super Typhoon Mangkhut. We booked online, only to get an error message that payment didn't go through. Called customer support, was only told we had to submit payment manually at main HK office by next day 3pm or lose the booked flight reservation at $1160 for 2 persons one way. How are we suppose go to your HK office to pay when there's a super typhoon closing everything in HK!?! It's not our fault your app had issues taking the payment. Rebooked again 2 days later, got overcharged up to $1555.55 (overcharged of almost $400). Flight desk at HK airport said because seats were almost full. TOTAL BS, then why is your app showing a lower price still on day of booking and flight?!? Had no choice because we have to fly back to make it on time for work schedules. Never deal with this scamming Airline again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asiana?

Original review: March 8, 2018

Following was sent to Asiana Airlines several days back and until now no reply from them (bag@flyasiana.com)... "Please be advised that today 06-March-2018 during the flight OZ 319 from Seoul Incheon Airport to Qingdao/China, on arrival, one of my luggage was found damaged and reported to airport Asiana Airlines staff. FYI my luggage is completely damaged and further cannot be utilized for the next flights... I was informed by Asiana Airlines staff at Qingdao in China that compensation for the luggage damage will be only paid only 100 yuan (Chinese money) without any explanation or I can leave without nothing since from their side I can still utilized my luggage cracked and holed... I have advised them to issue a damage report as required then after that they stop me and telling me to wait.

After 15 minutes waiting time they arrived with a small and cheap luggage in comparative with my personal one which was damaged during transportation. Advise me that 100 yuan (16usd) can be paid more. My claims was to get the same size and same brand luggage or return the amount of money 328 usd paid, which I was refused by Asiana Airlines staff from Qingdao airport, reverting from their side that if I don't want like what they offer me then I'm free to go. This is definitely not the way of solving the situation and I will expect some explanation directly from Asiana Airlines in order to solve the situation and return with my claims." So this is the way of how Asiana Airlines is treating their customers. Negotiating like in bazar with their clients, not replying to customers claims and bypassing the International regulations in case of similar situation to avoid reimbursement of what was damaged by their service.

Original review: March 6, 2017

Allegedly lost passport in their system. I looked forward for my trip back home with Asiana Airlines since I went back to US last year of May and had chosen Asiana Airlines and I was happy and satisfied with their service until an unfortunate incident happened to me last January 2017. I am writing this regarding an issue with my passport that was allegedly, told by Asiana Airlines, a lost passport, in which was never was stolen or had been reported lost since I have it with me ever since it was issued by DFA Manila on April 16, 2013.

I was supposed to fly back to Manila last January 7, 2017, 12:30 AM from LAX to Manila with a layover in Incheon International Airport with Asiana Airlines. I was not able to board since in their system my passport is flagged as a lost passport and was a message from "the Philippine government" according to the crew in the check in lane and I even asked for their supervisor that night that wasn't even helpful at all. I visited Asiana Airlines office in Market Street on January 09, 2017 right after I got the certification from the Philippine Consulate in San Francisco hoping I can speak with someone and since I have the certification to prove that my passport is valid and clear. I also encountered the same service and the woman in the office didn't even provided me with her name and business card and said that their office does not handle complaints and I have to do it online.

I called ITN since I purchased the ticket through them but told me, only Asiana Airlines can resolve the problem. I made an online complaint through Asiana's website on 2017-01-11 05:26:15.867. They did respond "On the day of departure, there was an indication stating that your passport was reported stolen, and by the regulation, our staff was unable to check you in for the flight. For further information, please kindly check with the consulate of the country that you have the passport."

This was my reply and I attached a photo of the certificate coming from San Francisco Philippine Consulate stating that my passport is valid, clear & had no derogatory record. "Yes. That was the stated claim. I also waited for 2 days so that I can visit the consulate to verify such allegation. Please see attachment that my passport was indeed a valid passport and the Philippine Consulate from San Francisco also issued a certificate that my passport is valid and good to go and the consul told me that Asiana can't just tell that my passport was "reportedly" stolen. It should come from the Immigration department or from them. I asked how in the LA staff you have who and how you got these information. For a person to declare lost passport, there should be paperwork and affidavit of loss."

As of today, there's no response from Asiana Airlines in which I did what they asked me to do which is to verify with the Consulate. It had caused a lot of inconvenience, worse part was I was not able to attend to matters I had to do back home and not including the hassle, time, effort, and expenses that were incurred on that dreaded week and to top it off became sick mainly because of the stress and over fatigue that trip back and forth to the Consulate, Asiana Airlines office, and other means I did just to have that resolved.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

The customer of Asiana Airline puts my ticket to no way, which I could not get to the airport and I went into a car accident on my friend's car. I booked my tickets on CheapOair website, and they charged me like 300. There are 100 for no show, which it was fine, I admired. Then 200 dollars for the cancellation fee, which I think it was ridiculous. I do not even take the fly and I had to pay an extra 200 dollars for that? I bought the tickets like 1180 dollars and now it came with the total of 1,474.68 dollars. I called the Asiana Airline and they told me that I had to contact CheapOair agent, but the CheapOair said the charge came from Asiana Airline. They do not take that $200. Asiana airline does not give me any response and just keep telling me to call CheapOair Agent which it is so hilarious. If I do not get a refund of that 300. I would keep harassing Asiana Airline, and I could not go back, which I have waited for 4 years to go back home.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2016

I haven't really been keeping track of my mileage on my Skypass recently and come to find out, on my last flight, the total miles booked were just over 16,000. When I went to check my Skypass account, I found out that they only credited my account 4,000. This should be a criminal offense! They've just stolen my miles and they said that there is nothing I can do about it. I'm trashing my Skypass card today.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2016

This is the most unprofessional and worst overall airline I have ever flown in over 30 years of being on this earth. My family and I have traveled the US and globe on multiple different carriers. Asiana takes the cake at being the worst for the following issue: They lost my luggage on my way to SE Asian country. The luggage ended up in China and was there for 3 weeks. Mind you I was back in the US after 12 days, so another 9 days my luggage stayed lost. The customer service reps did not want to compensate me for my lost luggage or cover my extra laundry bills because I had only one small duffel bag of clothes that was continually washed in order to keep clothes on my back.

Their customer service was entirely lackluster and lost themselves in what to do about the issue. The LAX manager used emotional bullying tactics in an attempt not to cover my laundry bills and share "how much he cared". I don't buy anything their customer service or this airlines says and will be sharing this horror story with as many of my friend, business contacts and colleagues as possible. I am still in process of them sending me my reimbursement and this event started over 6 weeks ago. Totally unsatisfactory.

Asiana Company Information