Aeroflot

Compare Airlines

Research top Airlines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Very stupid airline company. I understand why it had very low review. I bet no one would take it again after one time. It's always delayed and delayed again without any reason given. And I was taking flight from Krasnoyarsk to Moscow, no English announcement. Very stupid.

I bought Aeroflot ticket due to interruption of the trip (Family Member funeral). At that time wasn't aware of a Transit Visa Requirements. Was travelling from Minsk (Belarus) with transfer in Moscow (US citizen required to have Transit Visa) and further trip to New York. At a checkpoint to New York flight, my ticket was withdrawn from my hand, and protocol was made. When went to an Aeroflot, did not get any help and or advice as what should I do in this situation. I wasn't offered to replace/postpone a ticket. I am aware that any other Airlines would charge a cancellation fees, etc. I had to buy additional ticket to go back to Minsk, and that is an end of it.

Worse experience with the airlines. Booked a flight from Dubai to Prague via Moscow. My luggage was supposed to be received at Prague but didn't come. When asked at the Baggage claim department, the response was that the transit time was less so luggage must have been missed- are you seriously professional with your work? Had to waste my entire day to wait for my luggage and the claim department staff was so casual with the response that it will come. Who is going to compensate for my waste day on the vacation? Is Aeroflot any responsible towards its passengers?

Had the worst experience. I was flying from JFK to Moscow in August 2016 and when I was checking in I was dealing with 2 Russian speaking women. I didn't get their names since it was a stressful situation. But they sit next to one another and one is Russian Asian (probably Kazakh) and another girl has big eyes and curly hair. I will keep my story short because I still don't know how to deal with it and how to go about it. What they do is unspeakable, and most importantly ILLEGAL. They make you pay cash to them when your baggage is over the allowed weight. They tell you to put the money in your passport and hand it to them. They make sure that their American co-workers don't see it. SHAME SHAME SHAME.

Book my daughter for flight to Moscow. 6-hour delay. Very frustrating. No answer, no compensation. Talked to employee **. No answers, no information. Spoke to manager Tatannia **. Can't help me. Please avoid Aeroflot at all cost. They don't care about you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeroflot?

This message for all to read! Shame on you. Oksana **, leading expert claims service. I was on a flight on May **, 2016, from ** to ** with a stop over in Moscow, and had a very bad experience. During the flight I had an extremely annoying passenger sitting near me. He kept on telling me and his other neighbors "Excuse me" whenever we shifted in our seats. I asked the stewardess to change either mine or his seat but nothing was done. I ended up standing a nice amount of time on the 9-hour flight, which was extremely uncomfortable. Only once the guy fell asleep was I able to return to my seat.

Additionally, the video screen in front of me stopped working. The stewardess' tried resetting it a couple of times but it was just not functioning properly. I was unable to use it. To top it all off, I also ended up with a damaged suitcase after the flight. I'd rather not spread negative comments around to friends and relatives. I would appreciate if something could be done regarding my bad experience.

I waited a full month from when I initially contacted you, and when I didn't hear back, I contacted you again. Only after I emailed you a second time, just as your 30 days were running out, did you suddenly reply (a day later), and had a full investigation conducted. You guys came up with a bunch of lies, without shame, just to deny my complaint.

Firstly, the truth of the matter is that no other seat was offered to me! The steward tried finding me another seat, but was not able to. There was one empty seat near a woman who refused to have anyone sitting near her in that seat. Unlike you mentioned in your response email to me, that I was not pleased with the seat offered to me. That is untrue and is shameful of you to even say so.

What actually did take place is as follows: My brother offered to change his 19D aisle seat for my sake!! He gave up his comfortable aisle seat at the front of the plane to my ungrateful neighbor. The guy that was seated next to me at my 49E seat, went to sit in my brother's 19D seat and came back after 15 minutes complaining that his neighbor (near his 19D seat) is too fat and he can't sit there. (Not that I was the one complaining about my seat. He was the one that disliked the change.)

Secondly, regarding the entertainment system that wasn't functioning, the steward did restart it 2 times, but it never started working. You said in your response email that it started functioning and that is untrue. The same problem that occurred at the beginning before the system was restarted kept on occurring again. So it was not corrected. Just as a by the way, you never bothered responding to my luggage claim.

All of the above leads me to believe that one of you are lying. I am ready to meet with the steward and your so called investigator and figure out exactly which one of your team is lying. For your information, I had 3 brothers on the flight with me. 2 of them were sitting in the row in front of me. In addition, I had an uncle, X, and 2 friends, x brothers, sitting one row behind me. All of these people were eyewitness and saw exactly what was going on.

I came across a very unenviable experience with Aeroflot which puts the image and ethical values of the company in stake. My wife and my children are regular customers of Aeroflot, who use to travel every year to Russia in summers. I have purchased the ticket on 29th March from Cleartrip. The onward journey was scheduled on 27th May by SU 535 at 01:05, which my wife and son were unable to board as she missed out to carry her PIO card along.

After returning back home, we enquired with Cleartrip customer care and we have been informed that the tickets were non-refundable and for fixed dates, and since it comes under no show condition, they are helpless. They gave me the number of Aeroflot Delhi office to call (01123310426/7390) and discuss directly with Aeroflot office.

I called Aeroflot office at around 11:00AM and explained the situation. I asked and requested them for options of any other day that they could fly as the return ticket is valid. During that time I have not been told that my return has also been cancelled. She started giving me options of 6th and 8th June with overall additional payment of Rs 54000 for both and to pay the same day at 3PM at Aeroflot office. And that they can utilize the same ticket for their return journey. Since I was not in the city, I requested for the next day which she declined.

However, 6th and 8th June were also suiting us as my wife had to reach there till 31st May. So we started looking for other options knowing that at least the return ticket shall not go in vain. Finally, we booked the onward journey tickets from Delhi to Moscow by Air India and from Moscow to Krasnodar by Ural. On 23rd June, they had their return flight from Krasnodar-Moscow Delhi at 11:35 from Krasnodar. At Krasnodar Airport, she had been informed that since your onward journey was a no show, so the whole ticket has been cancelled.

During that one hour spell, we tried calling to all possible nos. of Aeroflot office in India and hotline (0008001008924). But no one could give any answer apart from that it was a single ticket which has been cancelled due to no show. Finally, she has not been able to board the flight and all of us have gone through immense stress apart from the financial losses.

The question still remains... 1) Why we have not received any official information on mail from Aeroflot regarding the cancellation of the return ticket? 2) Why your officials at your Delhi office didn't informed during that time that the return ticket stands invalid? 3) When I have not cancelled or asked for any refund of the ticket, how can Aeroflot cancel without intimating the passengers? If would have been a no show while return, I can agree but I have paid for the seats. a) Let the seats go empty or it should only allotted to someone in case of a no show. b) How can Aeroflot resell the booking without intimating the passengers?

c) How can Aeroflot charge twice for the same booking without even intimating and refunding the amount to existing passenger?

Me and my wife booked Aeroflot to Vienna via Moscow from New Delhi. Our visa was processed as per Schengen requirements and was done with the Swiss embassy, the first destination however was Austria. This was our honeymoon trip. To our horror, Aeroflot denied us a boarding once we reached the check in counter. Their argument was anticipated penalties in case of a remote possibility of Austrian immigration deporting us back to India. We were asked to book a return flight through Aeroflot on the spot OR beat this one - go to Switzerland using Aeroflot airlines, throwing all of our itinerary into a jeopardy.

The manager, airport staff was extremely rude and uncaring. First it is not their prerogative to anticipate the immigration possibilities. They are clearly overstepping their duties here. This harassment went on for good 45-50 minutes, until I gave a signed undertaking of bearing all the expenses in case of a hypothetical deportation in Vienna. They also took our passports for photocopying and did not return until it was close enough for the flight boarding.

It was not just us, they were doing a virtual immigration check on almost every passenger, and every single check in was taking no less than 20 - 25 minutes. To Aeroflot, I would say, It is not your prerogative to do so, you are just an airline bound to ferry passengers and not do paper checking. We also had some Nepalese people travelling to Moscow, initially Aeroflot guys seized their passports and also inquired them of the amount of currency they are carrying, and would they be able to sustain their finances once they are in Russia.

Since when is it airline's responsibility to do that, that's what the embassies are for. Also, one of the principal guy from Aeroflot, was mocking the Nepalese guys in no less than racial ways. And nonetheless to say, the flight, food, service were a crap on top of all the mental harassment we had to undergo. Would seriously not recommend this airline to anyone, it is no short of a scam.

Well I am normally not the person who write reviews, but after I saw the rating of Aeroflot, I thought I should add a few comments. Firstly, I am a frequent business traveler from Euro to Asia and as I travel a lot within China I was looking for an opportunity to get a Skyteam Status in addition to my Star Gold Status.

What I like on Aeroflot: Transfer in Moscow is actually on my way, I hardly lose any time on my way to Asia. There are two TGI Fridays in Sheremetyevo. Comfort Class (I am not allowed to fly business unless it's pretty cheap) and pretty cheap business class flights. A lot of miles for every flight and cheap to upgrade to business class. Young and mostly friendly flight attendants. Good connection to Asia and especially to China. Real business class from/to Europe to/from Mow when you book comfort class. I can speak Russian and improve my language skills (plus English-subbed Russian movies during the flight). Newest airplanes among European carriers. I got an 800 voucher for a downgrade from comfort to economy class on a flight that was just 1100€ due to a change of aircraft and full business class.

What I don't like: Sheremetyevo is way too narrow - it sucks to walk across the whole airport to get to your gate. I feel that if you don't speak Russian you are treated a little differently. You get a drink before your food and not while you are having your food. Upgrading your ticket is pretty complicated comparing it to other airlines.

Having lived in Russia a few years ago for some time, I can see that things in Russia everywhere are changing and getting better and I believe that in the future Aeroflot will become better and better. Transformation takes time and I see the efforts Aeroflot is putting in. I look forward my next flights and to watching the airline improving more and more. Just give it a few more years and will be better than many European airlines.

I had a flight the same day with Aeroflot from St. Petersburg to Moscow which was late like 15 mins. Since that flight was not in time I have missed the flight from Moscow to Baku. After I arrived in terminal from which the Moscow-Baku flight will take place, I have talked to flight manager. She was in her room talking with a phone which was evidently not related to a work. She ignored me during first 2 minutes, which was evidently very important for me. There still was 15 minutes to the flight even after listening to her long and rude speech about how it is impossible to get to that flight and how irresponsible my attitude is with mistaking the plane with taxi! Her job was evidently to help people from which she was very far away.

Then I went to customer service and learned that I can get into next flight with its original price which was very high! And that my flight from Baku to Moscow is also cancelled!! I do not understand why the hell to cancel the flight that is after 14 days in such manner! Even not contacting with passenger. Plus, in the flight that I had to get in again with Aeroflot, they took my 40 lbs. backpack to baggage with threatening me if I do not give baggage they will get me out of plane. The reason they gave for such behaviour was my baggage being massive! 40 lbs. backpack!! Overall, people, please do not fly with Aeroflot. They treated me very inhumane that I cannot still get rid of its effect.

This is most horrible experienced we had encountered. First, our flight got rescheduled due visa requirements. Rebooking fee is ridiculous amount of money. And on top of that original bookings we had 2 free luggage, now it change to 1 free luggage only which is crazy again to pay so much money. Second, our flight got delayed and to transfer in Moscow it's awful. We are running like a lunatic to catch the connecting flight. Our gate was changed to 49 instead of 42. Third, our luggage was lost. It takes forever to find it and we ended up reporting lost baggage and again forever to process. I was so nervous because I have all the important items on my luggage. Fourth, going back to NY same problem - got delayed and we are lunatic again to catch the connecting flight. Also the food is horrible. The pasta is no taste, overcooked.

We had the worst, rudest and unprofessional customer service ever on flight SU273 from Bkk to Moscow 26.12.2015. Especially one air host spoke English so unclearly that we didn't understand what she said and her behavior was angry and unsuitable; she snapped and glared us. After flight, we talked with other Finnish travelers and they said that they noticed same extra rude customer service on that flight.

We are very disappointed because that kind of behavior has not seen on any other flight ever. That kind of behavior does not belong to customer service. Our flight from Bangkok was late and continuation flight (Moscow to Finland) was already waiting for us when we landed. Aeroflot staff hurried us and told us to run to the next gate. At the same time, they took off our baggage identification tag from our papers. Our bags did not transfer to Finland on same flight with us and apparently if they cannot be found we will not get any repayment from our stuff because we don't have identification tags? Flight SU273 Bkk-Moscow 26.12.2015 was really bad experience. Other flights with Aeroflot has been ok. I cannot recommend this airline anymore to anybody.

I am disgusted with the service of this airline. The flight was horrible, but the worst was the fact that once I arrived to my destination, I realized someone had opened my suitcase and taken out every gift I had purchased for my family and friends. I sent the receipts of the gifts, filled out a claim form and after 3 months of first run around and no response.

I took my mom to the Washington Dulles airport this Monday for the flight to Moscow. We got stuck in traffic on the way to the airport. (We were traveling from a different city. Usually it takes us around 4 hours to get there. This time it took us almost 5.) When we got to the check-in counter, the woman was sweeping the floors. She said she was the Aeroflot representative and very indifferently replied that it was too late. We got there at 1:33 pm. She said they closed check in lines at 1:30 pm and everybody is at the gate and nothing can be done. While it was still almost an hour before the flight departure. Anyways, when I tried to call the company to exchange the ticket, I was on hold for a while until our flight departed so according to their policy I could not exchange my ticket anymore, and had to buy a new one. I could get around $100 fees back and that is it!!! No exchanges or other flight options were offered.

Nobody wanted to help us, they simply don't have any representatives at the airport. I was lost. I did not know where to run and what to do. The lady at the airport information desk was able to connect me with the gate representatives, something sweeping floor representative could have done, and the person said that he has 300 passengers to take care of and they cannot help us. Not mentioning my mom almost had a heart attack, when it all happened, because we did not expect this sort of indifference and simple rudeness. We used this company multiple times a year. We had pretty bad experience with them last year when same flight was delayed by over 24 hours. And this time around we were 3 minutes late and they could not do anything to help. Well, it's definitely the last time we bought their tickets, especially now I know they cannot do anything with the ticket if unexpected things happen.

From my point of view, one star is too much for such a awful airline! Last month I traveled by this airline, the first and of course the last experience. I was traveling to Dusseldorf, but as a transit I had a stop in Moscow. (My flight number was SU513 (Tehran to Moskau) dated 21.10.2015 and SU2152 (Moskau to Duesseldorf) at 11:35 dated 21.10.2015.)

When I received my luggage in Dusseldorf, it seemed that it had been opened. I just checked my stuffs visually. I had covered my objects with 2 big jackets and I found them like before. Then I thought, "Ok, in such a long trip something like this might happen," and since I had not enough time to control all things in details I rushed out of airport.

When I got home, I understood that whatever valuable or eye-catching that I had in my suitcase had been stolen. Unfortunately I had a set of jewelry and gold in my luggage which I'd tried to hide them to be safe. Also I had various party dresses. Surprisingly "dear thief" had chosen among them! Of course all jewelries and some of dresses! It seems that he/she has had enough time and has felt secure to go through people's stuffs and found his/her favorite ones!

I tried to call airline. No one answered me. I sent an email and described my situation. I received just a simple "Sorry." I offered a detailed list of my missed objects and asked them to control their cameras, not for me but for their reputation. Except that "Sorry" I did not receive any other emails. Till now I sent many email with different subjects for different department of Aeroflot. They even did not reply. It seems that I am guilty not they and it is a normal behavior from staffs of this airline. To me it was a lesson: Before choosing an airline pay attention to their sense of responsibility and their ethical reputation before the price. Unfortunately Russian got failed.

Round trip economy flight from LAX to Barcelona, family of 6. It was great, seamless, comfortable. I would highly recommend flying Aeroflot. While their customer service leaves a lot to be desired, they are extremely efficient and do their job. Russians aren't the friendliest but if you don't travel with the mentality of "I'm doing you a favor by being here" you'll be fine. No lost luggage, it was great!!

I had a fabulous flight. Very courteous and friendly. Was surprised at how clean and roomy the plane was. Wonderful experience and what a savings.

The experience that my wife and I had during our first Aeroflot flight journey was exceptionally unpleasant while we were going on our holiday trip to London. First and foremost, during our onward journey to London the airline staff conveniently forgot to transfer our bags from one flight to another at the connecting port of Moscow. This meant we couldn't find our baggage at the London airport due to the delayed airport luggage. This was faced by many other customers who were coming from Dubai via Moscow. We finally got our baggage the next day in the afternoon however this incident ruined our plan for one and a half days as had to cancel our planned activities for the first day and manage clothing, toiletries and other essential items. This was a serious issue and it was a harassment of the highest order for us both mentally and physically.

Secondly, during the return journey on 26th Sept from London airport at the Aeroflot ticket counter the lady agent took almost 20 minutes just to issue our boarding pass. We were not happy about waiting so long at the ticket counter but we didn't react to this as there was little we could say and even less that we could do. The third issue that we faced shows how pathetic their airport management is. While taking the connecting flight (during the return journey) at Moscow, we were again troubled as their management were totally confused about the gate number for the flight to Dubai until the last moment.

While the lady rep diverting the customers for connecting flight informed us of the changes in the gate number of our flight, the LED display board showed us the same gate number as shown in the ticket. When we reached the suggested gate number, the boarding staff told us to wait after seeing the ticket as passengers for another flight were being boarded. Even 25 mins prior to boarding, the staff insisted us to wait. When we checked the display board again, the gate number shown got changed but this time to a third number. When we informed this to the staff they still insisted to wait. We were restless so tried checking another gate and guess what??? This was it!!! We were among the last to get boarded. Not to forget, we had to walk a kilometer inside the Moscow airport to reach the first gate and then the second gate was also around 200 meters away.

And the story is not over yet. At the London airport, we requested the lady agent who had issued the boarding tickets to provide us window seats. Though she acknowledged our request and agreed to provide the same, we only got window seats for the first leg of our journey (i.e London to Moscow) while the seats in the connecting flight were booked in two different rows and both being the middle seat on the opposite side (18 E and 19 B). Wowwww. I really can't believe she did this and did not even informed us. This was a real shock to us after all what we experienced. Furthermore, we found that there were many other couples in the same flight who got middle seats in a different row.

Just to conclude, I have never had such a terrible experience with any airlines before and I can't believe this happened to us. I really don't know how would Aeroflot team compensate us for this entire episode but the least they can do is to provide us the full refund of our tickets.

I just want to share that after I've lost my flight to Beijing, my return flight was cancelled from Aeroflot. I didn't ask for this! I find this unfair. I asked for a tax refund and even though the taxes are 350 euro they just want to return 50 euro. (The agency airtickets24.com will also keep a 20 euro fee!) I find this also unfair. Is it possible to join forces with someone (something like an organization) in order to make things work in a fair way? Losing your return ticket because you lost your first ticket is just unfair and since now I know about this I feel obliged to do something about it. Thanks.

I traveled from Copenhagen to New Delhi on 14/07/2015 by Aeroflot flight no. SU 2659/SU 0232 via Moscow. On landing at Delhi I found my only one bag which I was carrying is missing. I made a complaint at airport. The only bag I was carrying was given to me after 48 hours. At airport, the staff told us that we can buy essential items, as I was on a business tour to New Delhi and was returning on 26th July by Aeroflot. I purchased some items and submitted claim by email to their head office in Russia. I got reply that I should submit my claim to Delhi office with original receipt. I sent my claim to Delhi office. I got reply from Delhi office that claim is rejected as Delhi is my hometown.

Again I advise them that I am a resident of Denmark and sent a copy of resident card. Even I had back to Denmark on 26th July to attend my job. But to great surprise, I again got reply that claim is rejected as I am a holding Indian passport. They have not bothered to see my proof of residency and trying to cheat customers to save their money. I am looking into option to write to regulatory body to take action and also file a suit for delayed baggage claim as well as loss of business.

We were two passengers coming from Izmir, Turkey to St. Petersburg with connecting flight Izmir-Istanbul-Moscow-St.Petersburg. We bought our tickets from http://www.airtickets24.com/. And from Izmir we took a flight company Atlas Global and came to Izmir. While we're checking in Izmir they told us we should take our luggages in Istanbul. We waited there and our luggages didn't come up and we went to lost and found. The women in there saw our luggage ticket and she said on ticket it's written that we should take our luggages in Moscow. But we were in suspense cause everyone was saying different things. So went to Aeroflot counter 4 hours before our flight and let them know that there is sth wrong about luggages and they called somewhere told us that they hadn't got our luggages yet and we should come there again before flight.

So we waited at the airport and 1 hour before we again asked about our luggages. The woman called somewhere again she said "they are picking but I'll call them again so you can wait for your flight." And while we were getting aboard we asked again and she naturally said "ahh! Your luggages hadn't translated to our plane." She called someone else and we started talking with him. He said because our last destination in St. Petersburg we could make a lost claim in St. Petersburg and he'll be trying to get our luggages in one day. And we got to Moscow in case of misunderstanding we waited for our luggages and also there was a woman from Aeroflot to take us to the domestic flight and the passengers that'll take the same flight as well as us.

So we told her our story but she couldn't understand English and after every passenger got their luggage and when our luggages again didn't show up we all went to the other terminal in the lead of women who works for Aeroflot. And when came to check-in place she sent us to the gate cause we had already gotten our boarding pass and we didn't have any luggages and then we came to St. Petersburg and we made a report about our lost. But when we went to St. Petersburg airport after 3 days from our lost, a member of AEROFLOT company said to us, (and I should state that he was really rude to us) "you should have claimed this in Moscow." And we said that "your colleagues in Istanbul said to us that we must do this inform in our final destination. That means your company misinformed us." After 5 days our baggages arrived to St. Petersburg (after when we accepted to pay for customs service).

And at last they made us to pay custom service approximately 200 EUROS for 45kg luggage!! Isn't this madness?? We were victims and we paid them also!! But when we were taking our luggages a worker of the lost and found said to us that "you will probably get your money back because this is not your problem. They should have told you this." The problem is THEY SAID NOTHING to us. THEY DIDN'T INFORM US BUT THEY INFORMED US WRONG AND WE BELIEVED THEM. YES, THIS WAS OUR FAULT. If anybody from Aeroflot reading this complaint, we want an explanation and take our money back. And you can find the copy of the file reference, proof of custom payment, damage claim, baggage ticket and boarding passes.

Our first ever experience with the Aeroflot. We bought e-tickets that I had to call and process it via operator since the dates were all different way combined. The guy, ** put all 3 of our last names as our first names and visa versa, which I found out later, how much I had to pay to fix their stupidity!!! Then at the end of the booking, he said I can't pay for all of them now, only one, or just go online and pay them directly on the web. First, he didn't say that "you won't be able to pay since you probably being American have to use a foreign bank card" :) hahaha. It never happened.

I had to call my bank in the US and make sure they won't block the transactions, still wasn't able to pay for all the tickets. We ended up going to their local DC office, guess what the lady said "your names are incorrect - last name is in the place of the first name..." etc... "you have to pay 50 Euro for each ticket to fix" WHAT? Wow! I heard so much about Russian lies and corruption, but to that extend? You won't see anywhere else on this planet! Anyways we had no choice but to pay for it.

I would never, never recommend anyone to use the Aeroflot services. Guess why are they cheap, because they have a cheap uneducated labor working for them, who barely speak even English being held on the US help lines, or the worse - they don't know that the LAST NAME is NOT A FIRST NAME, IT IS THE SURNAME of that person... :) l hope Aeroflot will read this. To all readers, save your nerves, pay more and fly with a different airlines, it is totally not worth it to even try the Aeroflot.

Flight Moscow, Russia - JFK at January 18, 2015. Booked more than 2 months before the flight. Mistakenly selected February instead of January. Customer service did nothing to correct the date. Charged $100 from my refund when I cancelled booking with a wrong date. Be careful with this air company, they like to steal your money.

Hello, this is the worst airline I have use. I recommend do not use Aeroflot airlines, they do not care about passenger just money. I have spent 6 months for a damage refund, I got from Aeroflot just excuses about it. They do not care. I still writing emails and I have spent 6 months in this matter, luggage damage cost is 90 euros and now because it was last year, they want reduce 10% because luggage 1 year older. Really this worst airline, avoid it. Also airline is over price. This airline is not trustful airlines.

I had lost my luggage on my flight Seoul>> Moscow>>Tehran on Sep. 20 (~90 days ago) and I submitted my lost luggage ticket, claim request and the other documents to Aeroflot on October 5th. My luggage itself was 450$ and I had a size-52 man suit, Jeans, leather belt and shoes, shirts and T-shirt and perfume in my luggage (Totally about 1640$).

Stupidly, after 90 days I was informed that AEROFLOT is going to return me only 220 $!!!! I will go to Seoul police office, and I will sue this FUNNY airline. But I also want to spread this news so that other people may know about this airline. I also hope someone responsible from AEROFLOT may do something about this problem otherwise I will keep posting this message on all of my weblogs and social networks.

NEVER, EVER again! I was stuck in Germany for 10 days because bad weather and Aeroflot couldn't fly. I didn't mind staying longer in Germany but Aeroflot didn't offer any accommodation nor compensation which they are required by law. Once we managed to get from Frankfurt to Scheremetejevo with 6 hours delay, our connecting flight was gone. We had to wait 12 hours at the airport with no food or water. We're not allowed out of a small holding area. At midnight, we were escorted to a hotel where we had to wait outside in the bus for another 2 hours because they didn't have enough rooms. So I had to talk to those Idiots and managed to get all people in the rooms by sharing arrangements. We were not allowed to leave the floor! We were IMPRISONED!!! The room service would only take cash but the only way to change money was a machine. I had to beg our KGB prison guards to escort me down to the lobby only to find the machine broken. I had to change money with the clerk at a 100% premium. I never had any problems with Air China going through Beijing. In China, they will let you out of the airport for 72 hours, even if you do not have a visa!

I had booked 2 tickets with Aeroflot which I have attached herewith on the 9th of August from BEY - SVO - LED - BEY. However, we missed my flight (due to some visa requirement document we had to prepare). Thus, in order to keep our prepaid hotel reservations ongoing without any cancellation fees, we had to purchase 2 other BUSINESS CLASS one way ticket ($1,685) operated by Aeroflot via Milan to get to Moscow on time since we had a limited time on our Russian Visa. I had thought that once we arrive to Moscow, we will pay the penalty fees and keep our initial ticket reservation as is. After we reached Milano, we had to wait for 15 hours transit in Malpensa Airport because the employees were on strike, and no one from Aeroflot's representatives was at the transfer desk and no one would even talk to us (Even though I kept calling AEROFLOT'S desk from my roaming phone). No one even had the courtesy to go to the transfer desk to put us on the next 2 flights which they had from Malpensa to Moscow, so we had to wait for 15 hours to catch our flight.

After waiting for 15 hours, I spoke to the lady at the boarding pass to check if our luggage were on board before boarding the flight! Everyone at the boarding gate was extremely rude, and no one responded to us. We had no Shenghen visa stamped on our passports, so we couldn't exit the international boarders of the passport control to meet anyone at the Aeroflot counter!! And no one from their counter would even respond to my roaming calls to help us catch the second 2 flights they had to Moscow. After arriving to MOSCOW eventually, to my surprise, my 2 luggages never reached SVO's airport in Moscow. We had spent my entire 5 days in Russia with no clothes and no luggage. We still have NO INFORMATION ABOUT OUR LUGGAGE UNTIL THIS MOMENT. I have filled and attached the Customs Claim Form which I had to fill out at SVO airport after I have lost my luggage. Kept calling them almost 10 times everyday and they never answer. When they do, they reply rudely that we have no information!

In addition to all the above, our initial tickets on Aeroflot which I had booked and paid for (Attached herewith) were cancelled. We had to do a new one way booking from Moscow (SVO) - St. Petersburg (LED) - Beirut (BEY) again! And pay Aeroflot $900 USD again per ticket to keep ours and return back to Beirut! So we had to pay $5,000 for 2 passengers tickets!!!!

I requested them kindly to compensate us on the following: Compensation for losing our bags for 10 days. I had to repurchase everything during my stay in Moscow, WHICH I CLAIMED AT THE CUSTOMS IN SVO MOSCOW. OUR REFERENCE NUMBER IS **. EACH LUGGAGE WAS WORTH $10,000 USD. (Still NO INFORMATION ON THE BAG). EXPENSES FOR SHOPPING IN RUSSIA SINCE WE ARRIVED WITH NO LUGGAGE!!!! COMPENSATE FOR AT LEAST 10,000 USD FOR 2 PASSENGERS. Clothes, underwear, jackets, shoes, vanity kits, roaming telephone expenses etc. Compensate on waiting at the airport for 15 hours because no one would bother to meet us at the transfer desk at Malpensa to board us on the upcoming flights, even though we were on Business Class. Thus, a refund of my purchased ticket. Compensate on the roaming telephone expenses that I had to pay to get in touch with an Aeroflot representative at Malpensa, and the calls I had to call the airport to follow up with the lost luggage! In other words, I have never been compensated for a Dollar, they never took the courtesy to respond to my calls, messages, emails. And my luggage are still lost!

Specially on Indian sectors those fatty old air hostesses are so rude to Indians... They just ignore all requests and never pay attention to calling requests. I travelled from Copenhagen to Delhi Via Moscow on 21.06.2014. When we reached Delhi, Bags of 55 passengers were missing. No one from Aeroflot was present at the airport at 3AM. Around 4AM Air India's 2 staff started collecting the missing bags forms and that too they said that they are just helping us... they don't represent Aeroflot. I requested for Hindu meal and I was given 2 slices of chickens... that was Hindu meal for them.

I flew from Los Angeles to Tehran in April 2014. The food in the flight was horrible. The flight attendants were unbelievably unfriendly. In Moscow the connecting flight to Tehran had technical difficulty. It was announced to change the plane but they didn't open the door for 20 minutes. Then we had to wait on the corridor for another 20 minutes because the door to the airport was locked and no one was there. Eventually a crew passing by opened the door but there was no one to tell us where to go. When I came back to Los Angeles, I had to wait 2 hours for my luggage and finally we were told that 2/3 of luggages have not been loaded from Moscow. There was no rep. to tell us what is happening the whole time. The rep. showed up after 2 hours when everyone was screaming. When I told him about my experience in that flight, he didn't say anything like he couldn't care less. I got my luggage a day later at midnight. They were opened and damaged.

This is the worse company I ever deal with. Unprofessional and horrible customer service!!!! I was the customer of Aeroflot from 2010 and today was a last time I called them!!! I think I am a very valuable customer when I fly around the world very often enough. I have booked ticket for Sunday at 2 pm to fly out to Moscow from NYC but unfortunately due to death of my grandpa, I have to change the date of my ticket. This is the case of emergency and I needed to fly out today but I couldn't change it because there was a fee of $100 to change the date...

Since I had booked 2 tickets I have to pay $200 penalty fee. I was pretty shocked. I was nicely asking to reduce the fee to at least $100 BUT Aeroflot doesn't do exceptions for their customers. But not only that, at CALL CENTER girls are rudest people ever were giving me an attitude and when I asked to speak to the manager, I was told that all my questions were answered and that they won't transfer me over managers. And there is a "MANAGER" who doesn't speak to the customers. SO I AM WONDERING WHAT THE HELL DOES AEROFLOT NEED A MANAGER/SUPERVISOR IF HE/SHE DOESN'T SPEAK TO THE CLIENTS?????

Just terrible customer service, terrible company and I would never EVER book a ticket with them again and would NEVER recommend to anybody to deal with them!!!!!! Stay away or God forbid you will have an emergency situation. AEROFLOT doesn't understand its' clients. Oh, not only that, I was also told that next time I should get a Premium Business class tickets instead of budget economy class, so I will be able to change the date for free. SERIOUSLY??? If I would have $ for PREMIUM class ticket, you think I would mind to pay $100 penalty fee. USE THE LOGIC!!!

Aeroflot Company Profile