Aeroflot
3.23/5

Looking for a travel site?

Aeroflot Reviews

Looking for a travel site?

Aeroflot Reviews

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I flew with Aeroflot and my bag was delayed. They said they would send it to my airport. I have not received my bag and have called them twice a day for a week and gotten different responses from each representative. I went to my airport and physically checked the luggage room and it was not there as they claimed. They have been giving me the run around for a week now and I am getting exhausted waiting on hold and calling them over and over. Horrible customer service!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

9th September 2019 l boarded an Aeroflot flight in Bruxelles for a Bruxelles Moscow Shanghai business trip, my luggage going to Shanghai. At the gate in Moscow l was denied boarding, they didn't accept my boarding pass issued in Bruxelles for visa problem. l had to spend a night at the airport, buy another ticket to Shanghai. l finally arrived at Pudong, got the visa for China at the airport, who is possible l did it twice. My luggage with important documents was lost, l recovered 10 days later back home, l couldn't attend the fair l was due to in Shanghai. l sent feedbacks my file deposed by Aeroflot Nice desk, no news from them.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I have bought return ticket by Aeroflot Hamburg-Baku. Ticket costed 351€. I have learned by Aeroflot call service that baggage will costed 56€. But at the airport in check in desk a man have said I should opposite pay 50€ for my baggage. When I waiting for my turn a worker in desk with name Alexander had this familiar man before me serviced and said me that I am not Skypriority. But person also was not priority. I should waiting. Then other women -worker Irene said that I should pay not 50€ but 70€. That was so unprofessional! Three different price! And nobody confessed their mistake! Moreover Alexander intimidate me, that remove me from flight! I was deeply outraged so impudent behavior! My name is Firuza ** (ticket **).

Resolution response: Aug. 28, 2019

The answer was given after I emailed them. The customer service sucks. Everyone is telling a different story. After today's back and forth emails and talking to representatives it is clear that no one knows the real truth. If you want to have a headache free trip don't fly with them since there is no clear answer even after calling multiple times. It will only be good if you are flying with small children and they will be asleep.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I don't even know where to begin. I have never flown with Aeroflot until June 2019. There were 2 reservations with 3 people on each. My husband and inlaws on one and I am with kids on the other one. Upgraded 2 tickets to a better class for my inlaws and somehow they changed the booking code without telling us. Going to Russia was OK but coming back I couldn't check in my inlaws but could my husband. No explanation.

Now as per this review. My mother travels to Los Angeles twice a year and usually no problem but this time we had to pay for extra check in luggage. Couldn't do it online and when called the customer service they informed me it will be $100. When we arrived to the airport to OUR SURPRISE IT WAS 100 EUROS. Paid it and asked for receipt. Didn't give any prove. Checked their official website and it clearly says 80 EUROS. So please be aware of all the fees. Calling IRS on them tomorrow. Aeroflot is a joke and don't even know how they are number one airline in Europe.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

This is a long story and every time I want to get in contact with Aeroflot claim team, I’m totally ignored. I travelled June 7th from Montreal to Yerevan through Moscow. I didn’t receive my luggages with me. One suitcase came back after one month to Montreal (without any excuse.. no words from Aeroflot nor Airfrance). As it should be like this, all is perfect!!! My second luggage (carry on taken with my checked luggage) never arrived, lost. How a luggage can be lost anyway it’s another story.

Now I gather all documents, receipts for compensation. Aeroflot doesn’t want scanned copies, they accept only originals by post or through an Aeroflot agent. As I don’t have an agent in Montreal, I had to pay for express postal service to have send that package to Moscow. The express package with signature required arrived in Moscow in 2 days but from there took almost one week (but this is another story..) to arrive to their claim office. As per my tracking information, it has arrived July 25th. After that I contacted Aeroflot bag claim to make sure they have the package and they are working on the file.

After many attempts (emailing) they answered on August 8 that they don’t have the package yet. I answered and sent a proof of delivery. Since then NO ANSWER. What the hell should I do now? Is this a society we live in? How is possible to be treated like this. I lost my bags, gifts for my family and friends, my vacation was ruined and I continue to be ignored. Please email me if you had similar situation with AEROFLOT or suggestion for my case. Thanks much.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeroflot?

Original review: July 29, 2019

This is in reference to the flight booking made through Makemytrip from Prague to New Delhi via Moscow (PNR No. DRVMSI; Ticket ID: **). The flight from Moscow to Delhi was supposed to take off at 15:05 hours on July 28, 2019. The airlines postponed this leg of the flight to 21:35 hours on July 28, 2019 (a halt of 1.5 hours now more than 6 hours). This messed up my further schedule from New Delhi.

However, the ordeal was far from over – the airline officials at Prague Airport informed me that my Moscow to Delhi leg was now being postponed to 15:05 hours on July 29,2019 (a delay of more than 24 hours from the original itinerary). The officials there refused to help me around with this new unpleasant, uninformed and reckless error by the airlines. After making a few calls to MakeMyTrip – the company informed me that this decision was entirely on the airlines and MakeMyTrip had nothing to do with the change in schedule.

At the Moscow airport, the travel transfer lady initially refused to provide me any seat in my original planned flight stating that the flight was full (please note that I was travelling with a broken foot and with a friend who was sharing the same flight with me). Also, please note that the airline officials lied about the flight being full considering they were still showing seats in the same flight online. After persistence for about half an hour and refusing to stay 24 hours and insisting on talking to the manager, the lady at the travel transfer desk finally made a few calls and arranged for tickets in the same original flight. This came out as a huge surprise, considering the flight was full and no seats were available. The lady also offered us 2000 RBL vouchers each for food for the inconvenience caused by the airline – hardly a compensation for the trauma the airlines put me through.

Additionally, the 7-8 hours halt damaged my already broken foot to a point where I was completely unable to walk once I landed in New Delhi – Had to go through immigration at the special assistance counter and rush to a doctor immediately after checking out from the airport (my prescription is attached for reference). Would also like to now mention that my luggage was obviously not delivered to me through this flight’s baggage counter.

This is the worst airline experience I have ever had with any international airlines so far. The staff was rude, crude and not to mention manipulative move by the airlines to reserve the extra legroom seats till the last and refuse seats to passengers already booked on the flight. I would like to take this complaint forward to higher authorities in the airlines and want compensation for my waste of time, energy, money, peace of mind and the aggravated condition of my foot due to these long delays. Regards, Dissatisfied Passenger Pranati ** Email id: **.

Original review: July 4, 2019

The company have been delaying all baggages of Egyptian nationals at Cairo Airport. I noticed that all foreigners got their bags while most of the Egyptians can not find their bags. When I went to complain, I found from the clerks at Cairo airport that the company have been doing this for days and from my own flight, there were lots of others complaining the same. I sent complaints to the company, all I got back after 4 days is an electronic reply. Today (4th July....my plane arrived 1st of July at 12:20 am), Cairo airport informed me that the company sent only one of my two bags!! I am here in Egypt for a limited vacation after a year, now a week is about to be wasted and i cant leave Cairo which is not my hometown. All my clothes, important documents, gifts to my family....my mood is completely ruined, my vacation wasted and the customer service is completely nonresponsive and disrespectful.

Original review: June 28, 2019

A terrible service at the moment of truth. When no suitcases arrived with us to Dublin (a very cold city) we were left without warm clothes. We did not receive at the airport from the company not even one euro. During the days we had to buy warm clothes in order to survive the winter. When the suitcases did arrive at the end of 4 days it is impossible reach the company for a refund compensation and a loss of time. They do everything to complicate and you will NOT got the money back!

Original review: June 19, 2019

Hello. My luggage was lost for 6 days since I arrived to JFK. Calling lost and found was useless because they kept putting me on long holds for an hour, an hour and a half. The staff were rude, disrespectful and unpleasant to talk. My voicemail messages never been returned yet the representative of lost and found ensured me that they answer them all which is a lie BUT I would like to file a complaint against the guy who delivered my bag.

He called me an hour prior to arriving to my house to inform me that he is on his way and someone has to be present at the house in order to receive it. Mind you the day prior to this the guy from lost and found informed me that bags are still in Moscow and not in NY. Moreover, JFK to Mays Landing is a 3 hour drive and he calls me an hour prior to arriving? He is calling me, talks to me like I am his friend, being totally disrespectful, hangs up the phone at the end. On questions like, "What is your name?" He is telling me that he doesn't have a name nor a last name. He asks me to sign a paper once he arrived to drop a bag off on which I answered, "May I take a quick look at the bag to make sure it is mine and it is my stuff inside?" on which he aggressively grabbed a bag out of me, threw it in a car, closed a door and tried to drive away.

Long story short I agreed to sign a paper just to get my bag before he tries to skedaddle with it and dump somewhere because he is psychopath. If he will have a chance he would run me over and not even stop. He threw my bag on a ground and drove away. This is the customer service you provide to people who paid $1000 for their tickets? Shame on you. You lost me as a client. Never would I ever fly with your company again. You lost me as a client. I'll be sure to share my story with all my friends. His license plate number is ** (NEW YORK STATE LICENSE PLATE). He drew a Chrysler minivan beige/tan color. The phone number he called me from is **. He delivered my bag on June 14, 2019 at 2:15-2:21 PM at the parking lot that has a recording camera. So, all this was on a camera. Your company has 4-star airline rating but you deserve even a 1 star with the amount of stress and problems I had to deal with.

Original review: June 19, 2019

On my trip from New York to Istanbul, Aeroflot ran very late, making all passengers miss the connecting flight in Moscow. Finally, upon arriving Istanbul, my luggage was never sent. It took them two days to send my luggage from Moscow. On the return trip, the flight from Istanbul to Moscow was running late. Then I had to run for a mile and half in their huge airport in order to not miss the connecting flight to New York. Luckily, I’m in shape. But God help you if you're older, have bad knees or hips, etc. You’d certainly never make that connecting flight.

When finally arriving in New York, again, no luggage to be found. I guess I have to wait two days to get my toothbrush, all my clothes, my house keys, and everything else that I use every single day of my life. Aeroflot is totally unprofessional and in total brain lock. Their food was awful. Their service was awful. And I found it to be no coincidence that only other people with similar problems as me were all American! No Russians had these problems.

Aeroflot Company Information