3.47/5

China Airlines Reviews

56 China Airlines Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 2, 2019

My first complaint is that I paid for premium economy but was forced to select regular economy tickets for my family. Second on this flight I had the most rude flight attendant I have ever dealt with. ** Jenny is the worst and most rude person to my wife and kids. We tried to use an inflatable pillow for my kids on the window seats and she made up her own rules of how to use it. Then when my 1 year old was asleep, she came over to argue with my wife waking up my son and continuing to tell us about the use of the pillow when we clearly did not use it. I have never had anyone so rude and ignorant to my family and myself. I hope action is taken place and she learns to treat paying customers with respect.

Original review: May 17, 2019

China Airlines has horrible customer service! Just thought I would share my experience when you are considering who to fly home next time. It was super difficult to even find a phone number to call in the UK to ask about changing the flight. Even though we bought the higher class of ticket that should easy to change, they acted like they were doing a favor to cancel a return flight without charging extra. To get the tax money back they expect one to go to the downtown London Office! The actual flight was great though! Ha, but seriously, just use someone else.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I was flying from Thailand to Canada. As a physically disabled person requiring mobility service dog I was denied access because China Airlines only accepts seeing and hearing service dogs. To add insult to injury, they do accept untrained Emotional Support dogs for flights to USA. Somehow these are more legitimate in their eyes.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Bought tickets for myself and a friend, made a mistake with her name. They have a policy that doesn't allow name changes and need a legal document to prove the misspelled name is in fact the same person as the person on the travel document. Basically made it extremely difficult/impossible to correct and forced me to buy another ticket for her. To be honest the policy of no name change is quite a sly tactic anyways, taking advantage of misfortunate situations where a person has last minute changes and can have another use the ticket they rightfully paid for. This combined with their unreasonable requests when trying to make a correction to typo is basically like they are using your mistake as an excuse to steal the fare for the service they won't provide. The feeling is basically like signing a contract that has unfair conditions and then being told you should have read the fine print.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I booked 2 tickets to fly from Vancouver-Taipei-Sydney online with China Airlines Website. The stopover time in Taipei was 3.5 hours. I received confirmation for my payment. A week later, I received an email to say that the flight I booked for had been rescheduled and my stopover time in Taipei was now 18 hours. China Airlines did not offer me any meal or accommodation to compensate for this inconvenience. I asked an Agent to speak on my behalf for a hotel room but was denied. I travel China Airlines each time I visit South East Asia. I had to pay out of my own pocket for a hotel room and meals. MY calls to the Taipei Office in Vancouver were ignored. I am really disappointed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about China Airlines?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

3 hour before I check in for my flight at Shanghai (PVG), I decided to upgrade to business class. The check-in counter and sales counter gave us a total of 4 different prices and it took them 1 hour to even figure out how much to charge us. I ended up waiting in line 3 times and got super frustrated. In the end, I just throw away my original ticket and bought new business class tickets for us 3 and it ended up cheaper. I can't believe simply grading the ticket can take them 1 hour to figure out. Extremely unprofessional and unpleasant experience. I never get in argument or lose my ** with anyone, but that time I got pretty angry after an hour of waiting and end up almost missing my flight.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Paid an extra $600 in board fees because of a new pricing change only 3 days prior to my flight departure. There was no notice no explanation given to me. My boards arrived damaged. These were not ordinary surfboards but surf guns, heavy duty boards made for big surf. It looked as if an employee took the boards and hit them as hard as he could vertically. I cannot possibly understand how each board had identical damage despite being checked into the ticketing counter packed separately. Further, my laptop was damaged. It was packed in a towel and padded case inside of my suitcase. This company will extort every possible penny out of your pockets, fly a different airline and avoid the excessive fees and poor customer treatment.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Bad customer services, they will cancelled your flight without reasons and when you tried to get your refund they will charge you $200, they said the FLIGHT was reinstated within a SHORT notice! Stressful, stressful and disasters!

Original review: April 4, 2018

Worst Airline ever, our flight was canceled minutes prior to boarding and there was no communication. I approached a staff member and was told there was a slight delay and should be boarding soon but when I turned around to look at the plane it was gone and still no communications to the passengers. 20 minutes past boarding time the plane disappeared from the gate and still no word was passed to the passengers. 1 hour after the boarding time the staff suggested we reschedule our flight, a suggestion and not notification we had to. Finally after an hour and a half past boarding time we were told to follow a staff member and once we got about 100 feet from the counter the staff member disappeared leaving us lost on what to do. We returned to the ticket counter and was told to collect our luggage and to come back tomorrow to rebook the flight.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Took the flight from LAX-MNL with a connecting flight in TPE on 12/2/17. Flight departed two hours late without reason. My wait time for the connecting flight is 2 hours in TPE. No effort by flight crew to make up for the lost time during the flight. Arrived in TPE just when my connecting flight was suppose to leave. I noted that my connecting flight was delayed by half an hour. I thought I might be able to make it if the flight crew helped. They did not do anything at all. It was just a general deboarding with no effort to let the people with connecting flight depart the plane first. Outside the gate, there was one to help expedite people with connecting flight to go from T1 to T2.

The only airline staff told me that I will not make my connecting flight and I should reschedule for a later flight. I went to the flight counter and encountered another airline staff. She told me that I might make it if I run. TO make a long story short, I was able to make my connection without ANY HELP from the airline. China Airline is by any means the cheapest nor are they the most expensive. With average food and poor service, I would not recommend this airline. If I want to get abuse, I would just fly the Mainland Chinese airlines like Air China or China Southern. They were much cheaper.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

After poor experience of Air China while traveling from BOM to Dulles AP via Beijing on 25th which was delayed by 24 hours, we naturally had a return tickets for Dulles AP, US to BOM on 9th September. I boarded the 4:35 evening flight from Dulles but not before the Air China counter personnel made me to rearrange my baggage, mind well, we were allowed 94 kg weight & what we had, was 56 kg between the two of us & could see them allowing Chinese passengers with more weight, without any problems so I had to point it out to their manager & then allowed me to check in. We landed at Beijing late as according to them the cause was a turbulence & since we had very little time to catch the flight to Bom, we almost did all the routine Airport procedures in a great hurry & eventually reached the Gate, 20 minutes before time. (They want us to report 15 min before departure.)

The plane was standing & Gates open but as they could not connect our check-in baggage, we were not allowed to board the flight along with 2 other Indian passengers & on top of that one of their officials told us to bare all expenses from Beijing to Bom as the flight was missed. I had to give a fight & then they gave accommodation in a Hotel & also gave us certificate for extending help at BOM Airport in case of the connecting flight missed.

Anyway we were connected to a flight after 24 hours via Hong Kong in CATHAY PACIFIC flight which got delayed by an hour from HKG. So our woes continued with AIR CHINA & when we reached BOM, my connecting flight to Ahmedabad had already left. So tried to contact Air China counter but there was nobody to reply, so had to purchase a fresh ticket for AHM. The kind of expenses & mental torture faced by us is totally ignored by them. With these experiences I will never recommend anybody to travel by such Airlines, which gives more tension than pleasure, to say the least.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Nightmare experience!! I have just booked 2 tickets via webjet website a few hours ago (11pm on 4/9/2017) and received the ticket confirmation this morning. After reviewing our itinerary, I realised that the date for our return leg from Taipei to Sydney is incorrect. I rang Webjet agent and China Airlines Sydney Agent who both confirmed that given this is a sales ticket, a penalty fees of $300/person is required to change the date. I understand that I have booked discounted tickets and policy is set for airlines protection and cost management purpose. I admitted my fault in not performing due diligence before making the payment. However, this is an accident and was not intentional which can be clearly proven by that I am making a complaint after literally only a few hours later after the booking time.

Additionally, we are all human and we all make mistakes. I would not seek waiver of fees this time if it is a few days or weeks later but this is exactly less than 10 hours after the tickets were issued. I am HORRIFIED that the airlines is NOT dealing with customers as "HUMAN" but "ROBOTS" by repeatedly reiterate the fare rules and policy to me despite of my explanation and situation. We have been flying with China Airlines for the past few years and are very happy with the service as well as Taiwan as a stop-over country. I have also referred all of my friends about China Airlines whenever they are making travel tickets and this is why we decided to book our tickets with this airlines again for our Xmas trip. This, nonetheless, has turned out to be a TERRIBLE and DREADFUL travel experience ever.

All other airlines such as Qantas would have humanity in their policy by waiving the fees/penalties for first time or reasonable mistakes. We posted our complaint to China Airlines and their response is that they understand human error is unavoidable but they have to abide to ticket regulation. This is ridiculous!! If they acknowledge this is an human mistake, they should have overridden the rules and waive the fees for us. This is the type experience when dealing with unreasonable and cruel overseas airlines who do not care about client or customer service at all. Australian airlines, however, such as Qantas are more reasonable and treat clients as human beings and care about customer service instead of rigidly referring to rules and regulations

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I was very frightened about this airline with all the horrible reviews I saw. My daughter and I flew to Hong Kong from Los Angeles on August 29, 2017. We received nothing but kindness and great attention since we arrived on the ticket counter! The crew was fantastic and, oh how hard they work! They cleaned, deodorized and made sure the bathrooms were well supplied every 1-2 hours. They brought extra blankets, water... upon request. Wonderful! I just hope we have the same service when we return on September 20.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

All people who comment here from July to August 2017 to PHILIPPINES must be on the same flight my niece was in. AIR CHINA are a bunch of SCAMMERS, you may find them a lil bit cheaper but you will pay for it with STRESS, ANGER, HEARTACHES, and more MONEY. It's true, they will leave you stranded because they closed at night, so if you end up laying over in China after sunset, you are screwed and will lose a day of your time. They don't transfer your luggage or boxes when you layover in China, you will have to bring it with you and when you check it back in, you will have to pay for your luggage and/or boxes again.

The sad thing about all these is they won't care about you, they will laugh in your face in front of you, they will say they don't speak English when you complain so they don't have to deal with you. WIFI won't be available for you to get in touch with your family and if you use their phone it will cost you $20 for 4 minutes to call your loved ones. I can't believe how these airlines stays in business. I will never ever fly China, the couple of hundreds that you save with them is NOT WORTH IT. Don't get scammed with the cheaper price because you will get what you pay for.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I flew from Dulles International to Peking with Asia China. We were delayed 8 hours going to Manila and it took us passengers to get upset, angry, hungry until they explained to us the reason for the delay which is a 30 minute rain only. On my way back to Peking.. still the same delayed 2 hours and the people in charge were very slow and disorganized. They have the poorest service of any airline Agency I have experienced and, I will never, ever, ever buy and ride this aircraft again.

Original review: April 28, 2017

I waited 2 hours for somebody to do my check-in process but there's no employee at all until I missed my flight and called the customer service and they said I should wait for supervisor to talk to me but no one came so I just went home and booked again a flight but different airline!

Original review: April 23, 2017

Booked my tickets 2 1/2 months before my travel date and was contacted 3 weeks before I was due to leave through Expedia saying that there had been a change in my itinerary. My returning flight from SFO-TPE-SIN now had an 8-hr layover instead of a 2-hr layover because China Airlines was no longer operating the flight that I had previously selected. Despite my many calls to Expedia to mediate this with China Airlines over 1 1/2 weeks, no appropriate options were given. China Airlines would give me a full refund, but not reimburse me for the higher ticket fares that I would incur since I would be booking just 3 weeks before my date.

After exhausting every option I had, I had no choice but to accept the 8-hr layover in TPE. I even asked for use of their Business Lounge or an upgrade for the inconvenience they caused me, but was refused by the airlines. Inability to provide any suitable options makes me regret that I ever chose China Airlines. This was going to be my first time traveling with them, and because of this frustrating situation, it's left me not ever wanting to choose China Airlines or its affiliates. Poor customer service and unwillingness to satisfy the paying customer.

Original review: April 3, 2017

Flew from LAX to PEK to MNL. As we arrived in Manila, found out that Air China lost our 8 baggages!!! It's been more than 2 days and still haven't received our bags. My children have been wearing the same clothes when we arrived! This never happened to us with other airlines and I'm never gonna let this bad experience pass! If there was a half star, I would give this worst airline. Even I called their office in U.S., the customer rep was very rude to me! This is very unacceptable!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Over 20 days, 20 phone calls, and 15 voicemails later and China Airlines can't get my bag from LAX to PDX. From day 1 have been told my bag is in LAX and will be sent to PDX. Yet, every time I call to check progress on this goal there is either no answer or a representative gives me a different response on what I need to do to get my bag to PDX. I have been given email addresses to write that never get responses and "direct" lines to call that no one ever answers. I call, I tweet, I email and I Facebook them and still nothing. Sigh.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I flew to Thailand on Air China. Don't expect coffee for you because I smelled it twice but I guess it was for the crew because it never came around. They also had a basket of cookies but also, not for the passengers. Not sure why they were there. However, that is not the reason I came to write a review. My things were STOLEN in my bags. I flew on December 4th and we're now on the 12th and no response to my emails. It is absolutely the worst airline. I will never fly Air China again.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

China Airlines has to be the WORST airline there is. Never, ever, ever flying China Airlines again. First they delayed and changed my flight so many times that originally I was flying in a group of 10 people from LAX to Bangkok. We had to reroute to SFO and 1 person had to fly from LAX. Once we got to SFO, they only let 7 of us on! Even though we were all under the same confirmation number, they said they didn't have the ticket information for the other 3. They made us to go another gate and said they booked us on another flight, so we went to that other gate, and they said they had no idea what we were talking about. We had to spend the night in SFO. To top things all off -- they lost ALL OF OUR BAGGAGE!!! Never again. Their cheap prices are deceiving because it ended up costing way more.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

My son has a valid immigration visa I-551 which is good for 1 year after endorsement date. He was planning fly to San Francisco from Hong Kong international airport. China airlines has no knowledge about immigration documents and denied his flight. It costed my family in pain and huge extra bills to deal with the problem caused by their airline. They refused to admit their mistake and keep blaming on someone else's fault. Customer service is horrible too. So please think twice before you order your trip through China Airline if you do not want to experience our family's pain.

Original review: July 22, 2016

My son went to China this July for visiting my mom, but he want come back to New York early than we have plan. So I called the Air China So many time, they just keep telling me they will call us to tell the price for changing the date of our flight. I know from their website if you want changing the date sometime no need to pay and maybe have refund according when you buy the prices of that day flight. But seemly they want charge me more, make me stupid customer. And I want to told you they are very rude customer service I ever meet.

Original review: July 12, 2016

My sister and I were heading to Taiwan from LAX and we were put together on the seats 42G and 42F, and the whole experience... wasn't too good. We were suppose to take a bus at gate 144, but they changed it to 142 without us even knowing so we were just stupidly waiting at 144. Then we asked an employee at the 142 gate and then they told us there that it was changed. Yes, they probably announced it, but with all the noises in the gate, we didn't hear it. Anyway, then we got on the bus to the little room to get on the plane, and that took about 20 minutes, and it didn't even have an air conditioning in it so everybody was sweating. And then we finally got on the plane, we were welcomed and they directed us to our seats, the seats were very clean and so were the little storage pockets, but the blanket that were on my sister and I seats weren't that clean, but we were okay with that.

Now here is the part that really made this plane experience horrible. After the plane departure, the 2 people that were in front of me and my sister put their seat recliner down a bit, it was too bad but I kindly asked them to pull it up a bit, and they did (note: with the recliner down, the entertainment system was right in my face and it gave me little space to work with. Second note: the people in front of us still had their recliner down, but just not as bad before I asked them to pull it up).

Later on we were given our dinner, the flight attendant told them to put their recliner up so we could eat, but they probably thought we told the flight attendant to ask them to put it up, but that's not the point, they didn't even pull it up after the flight attendant told them to, until the flight attendant asked for a second time. Then the dinner came, it was good and I really enjoyed it, it was warm food and the drinks were very good (expect for how small the cups are). Then after dinner the person in front of me put their seats all the way down, the flight attendant even SAW IT, but he just walked right by like he didn't see anything. Then again, I asked her to pull back a bit but this time she didn't and she said "Yours has a recliner too right? Try putting it back" then I put my seat recliner back just a bit because I didn't want to be an ** to the person behind me, but when she told me that I was like "This is economy not first class".

So for the rest of the night, I was sleeping in a tiny little space. Then the next day came along, and it was time for breakfast, and again, the flight attendant told them to put up their seats because it was time to eat, and AGAIN they didn't until the flight attendant say it a second time, just ridiculous... So breakfast, it was good and my sister liked it as well. Then about 30 minutes after breakfast, I asked one of the guy for toothpaste so I could brush my teeth, but it took that guy a whole 10 minutes to get me a toothpaste... And then I went in the restroom, for the first time on the flight, I got in line were people were trying to get in the restroom and when it was about time for me to get in, this lady cut me and went in... I wasn't too mad about it but like seriously... who does that?

And I went in the restroom, it's just like a regular economy airplane restroom. Then for the rest of the flight the people in front of us had their seat recliner down, until the beginning-to-land part. Then we went in to the baggage claimer thing, and that took about 50 minutes, which should've been faster, but this is the airports fault not China Airlines, so I'm not going to ** on the company for something that the airport should work on. And yes, the entertainment system on the plane, the touchscreen was very cool and unique but it's not really good for gaming, the screen is stucked on the seat and you have to reach your hand to play games (in my case I didn't because the person in front of me had their seats all the way down -.-).

And the movies, we didn't have much options and there was not an option to turn off Chinese subtitles so it was blocking the bottom of the movie the whole time. Music, I didn't listen to any musics because none of the station/playlist were good. Maps, I loved the maps, it had 3D and many views that were pretty unique. And yah, that's pretty much it, my experience, I've also sent my experience to the China Airlines "Contact Us" and also submitted 2 surveys, one on the flight and one on their websites. Thank you for reading. :)

Original review: July 12, 2016

Recently I travelled to Taipei and Hong Kong via China Airlines. In the trip between Hong Kong and Taipei (6/7/16) I was allocated a seat (Flight No. CI 920 Seat 42E) which not only had a metal box but also a vertical metal bar in the legroom of my allocated seat. Because of this I hardly had any room to move my legs during the trip and it was apparent to me that only this row of seats that had these obstacles.

When I pointed this out to the head hostess, she just giggled and said this was how the plane was constructed and nothing she could do anything. Whilst agreeing with her, I had suggested that China Airlines should be careful in allocating seats that have crumped condition to older passengers. The hostess had a another laugh after calling rest of the crew to hear my complaint. They thought this was amusing. Custom-focused, I am not sure!

Original review: June 23, 2016

No communication at all. For months this company have owe my family 1,600$ and they have even resisted the efforts of my financial institution (Capital One)... I do not know what to do or say to get this refund.

Original review: June 9, 2016

I am a 77 year old passenger on wheelchair. When I was on transit at TPE airport, after waiting for more than 3 1/2 hours, I asked the ground staff if they can wheel me to the boarding gate so that I can wait there. One of the ground staff young ladies told me that since I can still walk, I should walk there myself!!! When I complained about her attitude at the transit counter, the other ground staff there told me that I can go and complain to the management about this! I'm not going to travel via China Airlines anymore if I need to transit in Taipei. The ground staff there are just too rude! I've heard that the ground staff of China Airlines in Taipei has bad attitude but I never expect them to treat an old man in wheelchair this way.

Original review: June 7, 2016

I have never been so mistreated and discriminated against by an airline flight attendant as I have on Flight 0004 from Taipei to San Francisco, on May 12, 2016. About 3 or 4 hours after departing from Taipei the aircraft was cruising at about maximum altitude and I got up from my seat and went to the bathroom. When I exited the bathroom I observed a flight attendant standing guard outside the bathroom who was intentionally waiting for me to come out. She gave me a dirty mean facial look and proceeded to follow me as I was walking back to my seat. I turned around to ask why she was following me but she rudely said to me "Get back to your seat."

I was the ONLY ** person on the flight and I question why I was so closely watched and treated so rudely by the flight attendant. Are China Airline flight attendants trained to discriminate against ** passengers and treat them with disrespect? My wife was shocked to hear what happened and we will never fly China Airlines again. I have repeatedly complained to the airline and requested a fare refund. No one from China Airlines has responded. I fear that what I experienced is corporate policy and no one at this airline is concerned about my experience. If so, no ** person should ever fly China Airlines.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2015

To label an entire organization as cruel and ruthless is baseless -- however, the China Airline employees that I dealt with at their Vancouver International Airport location (YVR) where exactly that. They called me a "liar," "a cheat" and demanded that I pay for something that wasn't even my fault. Money was never the issue in this whole debauchery of an ordeal. It was the way that one human deals with another and the way they dealt with me was reprehensible and deplorable. I arrived at the China Airlines counter on December 20, 2015, approximately around 9 pm for my 12:30 am flight and proceeded to check my baggage in. I was upgrading my 2 pieces to 32 kg and adding in another piece. The employee that I was dealing with told me my charges were coming out as CAD 274 and I was instantly alarmed.

I told him that I had checked with 4 different China Airlines sources and they had all told me that it was 150 CAD for the extra suitcase. He then handed me over to another staff. I told her that I used their China Airlines website to determine the cost of the baggage and it said it was 150 CAD. I then showed S. the very active and live web page. She then proceeded to tell me that I had gone on the old website (which was still functional, because I used it to buy my ticket) and that the new website states something else. I showed that I had no way of telling that there were any other websites because Google only pulled on the old China Airlines website when I searched for "China Airlines."

How was I supposed to know that there are two China Airlines websites and both were functional? How was I supposed to know that there is an old and new website when there were no sort of disclaimers on the old website itself, my itinerary and my ticket? I had verified this information not only from their website but their Call Center (whom I had called two times). I was confused about the information I was receiving from the China Airlines Call Center so I then proceeded to their actual Vancouver Head Office located in Downtown Vancouver. Who does that?! I had gone to 4 DIFFERENT SOURCES who told me the exact same thing: 150 CAD for the extra suitcase. At this point, S. tells me, "You want me to believe you?" "How can I believe you?" I couldn't believe that this was happening to me.

I told her that, "Just to save on 50 CAD, you're telling me that I would orchestrate this whole ordeal and fabricate lies -- who the hell does that?" For 50 CAD that I could make earn in two hours at work! S. and T. kept on berating me that I needed to pay $210 CAD for my 18 kg additional bag and that they won't accept the fact that THERE ARE TWO DIFFERENT ACTIVE CHINA AIRLINES WEBSITE WITH CONFLICTING INFORMATION. I told them that until I had hit this counter I didn't even know the other one existed. I then asked to speak to the manager. China Airlines made me wait for AN HOUR at the counter. When she did come, I didn't even know it was her, she just glared at me. She didn't thank me for waiting, she didn't apologize for the situation, she didn't even acknowledge my existence.

I asked her if she had been briefed with the situation, and she curtly replied "yes." I then asked her what she thought of it, and she said that I had to pay a total of 274 CAD. I still had to pay 200 CAD for my 18 kg suitcase. When I was about to board my flight an employee asked me to weigh my bag, to which I agreed. At this point the Station Manager arrived, eyes glaring, nostrils flaring and I mentally prepared myself for all hell to break lose. She called me a liar. She told me that she trusted me and I broke her trust, she told me that I am making up stories. She basically humiliated every fiber of my being. I told her that I realized that my panic and stress was not an excuse and asked her what could I do to remedy the situation. She told me that there's nothing I could do except that I had to pay an additional 200 CAD for an overweight hand carry.

I cannot blame China Airlines for the actions of a few employees, however, these China Airline employees created a traumatic flying experience for me. I am appalled at the way I was treated. Does being Canadian for these employees mean that I should have been white? Does being Canadian mean that I should have just shut up and paid? Through this unforgettable experience, I learned what happens to one when they stand up for something.The dejection I felt for standing up for something that is right and being penalized for it has mentally crippled me from expecting anything from China Airlines.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2015

China Airlines is one of the worst in the industry. Travel industry out of Taiwan such as EVA Air is usually quite good and of great international reputation. At times when EVA Airline is totally booked, China Airlines was our last resort. Unfortunately they did not take advantage of a couple of final chances to redeem themselves.

During last year's (2014) Lunar New Year's Day when my family was flying back from Phnom Penh, Cambodia which is usually very light as that is like flying the day of Christmas with barely few passengers, they gave my family a hard time about the carry on luggage weight exceeding by 1 KG, or 2 lbs. No airline was so specific about carry on luggage weight and much less on a sparse flight. We were so turned off by their service.

We just tried them again as a tour group booked flights with China Airlines as they are probably cheaper as they are not very popular among other travelers. China Airlines is the only airline in the world that I know of who would kick you out of an empty seat after the gate is closed as they have not one but 6 reserved seats for flight attendants to nap during a 7 hour flight which was already delayed for 40 minutes. They tried to send me to different seats but lied about the vacancy in those seats (the seats can't be so "lived in" after 30 seconds) and then tried to come back to tell me that I need to move back to my regular seat since I found an empty exit row because that is their policy -- ridiculous. Would never willingly fly China Airlines unless you want to be nit-picked about 2 lb carry-on luggage weight and other unpredictable rules by China Airlines.

China Airlines Company Information