3.43/5

China Airlines Reviews

57 China Airlines Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I booked round trip flight from LAX to Bangkok, Thailand. Since the time I booked the flight 5 months ago, the flight times were changed at least 5 times. The latest arrival time is much later than the original arrival time which created a problem for my plans. I cancelled the fight but was charged $200 cancellation fee ($100 for each person in the booking). Since my cancellation was due to China Airlines' change of schedule, the $200 cancellation fee should be waived. But China Airlines refused to refund. BEWARE!

Original review: June 2, 2019

My first complaint is that I paid for premium economy but was forced to select regular economy tickets for my family. Second on this flight I had the most rude flight attendant I have ever dealt with. ** Jenny is the worst and most rude person to my wife and kids. We tried to use an inflatable pillow for my kids on the window seats and she made up her own rules of how to use it. Then when my 1 year old was asleep, she came over to argue with my wife waking up my son and continuing to tell us about the use of the pillow when we clearly did not use it. I have never had anyone so rude and ignorant to my family and myself. I hope action is taken place and she learns to treat paying customers with respect.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2019

China Airlines has horrible customer service! Just thought I would share my experience when you are considering who to fly home next time. It was super difficult to even find a phone number to call in the UK to ask about changing the flight. Even though we bought the higher class of ticket that should easy to change, they acted like they were doing a favor to cancel a return flight without charging extra. To get the tax money back they expect one to go to the downtown London Office! The actual flight was great though! Ha, but seriously, just use someone else.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I was flying from Thailand to Canada. As a physically disabled person requiring mobility service dog I was denied access because China Airlines only accepts seeing and hearing service dogs. To add insult to injury, they do accept untrained Emotional Support dogs for flights to USA. Somehow these are more legitimate in their eyes.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Bought tickets for myself and a friend, made a mistake with her name. They have a policy that doesn't allow name changes and need a legal document to prove the misspelled name is in fact the same person as the person on the travel document. Basically made it extremely difficult/impossible to correct and forced me to buy another ticket for her. To be honest the policy of no name change is quite a sly tactic anyways, taking advantage of misfortunate situations where a person has last minute changes and can have another use the ticket they rightfully paid for. This combined with their unreasonable requests when trying to make a correction to typo is basically like they are using your mistake as an excuse to steal the fare for the service they won't provide. The feeling is basically like signing a contract that has unfair conditions and then being told you should have read the fine print.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about China Airlines?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I booked 2 tickets to fly from Vancouver-Taipei-Sydney online with China Airlines Website. The stopover time in Taipei was 3.5 hours. I received confirmation for my payment. A week later, I received an email to say that the flight I booked for had been rescheduled and my stopover time in Taipei was now 18 hours. China Airlines did not offer me any meal or accommodation to compensate for this inconvenience. I asked an Agent to speak on my behalf for a hotel room but was denied. I travel China Airlines each time I visit South East Asia. I had to pay out of my own pocket for a hotel room and meals. MY calls to the Taipei Office in Vancouver were ignored. I am really disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

3 hour before I check in for my flight at Shanghai (PVG), I decided to upgrade to business class. The check-in counter and sales counter gave us a total of 4 different prices and it took them 1 hour to even figure out how much to charge us. I ended up waiting in line 3 times and got super frustrated. In the end, I just throw away my original ticket and bought new business class tickets for us 3 and it ended up cheaper. I can't believe simply grading the ticket can take them 1 hour to figure out. Extremely unprofessional and unpleasant experience. I never get in argument or lose my ** with anyone, but that time I got pretty angry after an hour of waiting and end up almost missing my flight.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Paid an extra $600 in board fees because of a new pricing change only 3 days prior to my flight departure. There was no notice no explanation given to me. My boards arrived damaged. These were not ordinary surfboards but surf guns, heavy duty boards made for big surf. It looked as if an employee took the boards and hit them as hard as he could vertically. I cannot possibly understand how each board had identical damage despite being checked into the ticketing counter packed separately. Further, my laptop was damaged. It was packed in a towel and padded case inside of my suitcase. This company will extort every possible penny out of your pockets, fly a different airline and avoid the excessive fees and poor customer treatment.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Bad customer services, they will cancelled your flight without reasons and when you tried to get your refund they will charge you $200, they said the FLIGHT was reinstated within a SHORT notice! Stressful, stressful and disasters!

Original review: April 4, 2018

Worst Airline ever, our flight was canceled minutes prior to boarding and there was no communication. I approached a staff member and was told there was a slight delay and should be boarding soon but when I turned around to look at the plane it was gone and still no communications to the passengers. 20 minutes past boarding time the plane disappeared from the gate and still no word was passed to the passengers. 1 hour after the boarding time the staff suggested we reschedule our flight, a suggestion and not notification we had to. Finally after an hour and a half past boarding time we were told to follow a staff member and once we got about 100 feet from the counter the staff member disappeared leaving us lost on what to do. We returned to the ticket counter and was told to collect our luggage and to come back tomorrow to rebook the flight.

China Airlines Company Information