1.59/5
Based on 69 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

105 Allegiant Air Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 19, 2018

A guy claiming to be **Marvel is an absolute nightmare of an employee. Rude & disrespectful. Doesn’t even begin to explain how horrible he was as the first person I had to see before my flight. First of all, our bags are specifically designed to fit under the seat in all airplanes - but he seemed to want to beg to differ by not allowing me to carry my purse on in addition to my bag. He proceeded to argue with me, my boyfriend, and 6 other passengers about their items - yelling and talking down to all of us! I’ve never been on a plane where I couldn’t carry my purse in addition to my packed bag - never once (He told me I had to pay 50$ for the purse). A small purse, no less. So in order to fit my purse in the bag, it made it so my bag DIDN'T fit in the thing that measures the size of our bags (he made us use the small one for measuring instead of the one that’s the actual size of the seat). He was so so rude to us that I will never fly with this airline again.

Because of his need to argue with all of us, we didn’t leave on time, and my sunglasses were damaged due to attempting to squeeze my purse into the bag. I’ve never had this happen before! I’m appalled! For the record, this was a guy who claimed to be *Marvel* at gate A-19 in the Greater Cincinnati Airport on Tuesday, June 19th at 6:45 am. I will be furthering this review to his manager (since he said he was the manager which I find difficult to believe), and whomever else needs to know about his behavior so to avoid such a disgrace before a long flight.

This airline should be ashamed and embarrassed (I’m personally mortified by the entire experience) just as all the on-looking passengers witnessing the fiasco, were. Absolutely horrible. Even the flight attendants had to step in and get him to allow passengers on so the flight could leave, and were equally as embarrassed by his appalling behavior that they were kind enough to buy us snacks and drinks to try and appease this guy. I do NOT recommend this airline unless you find being smarted off to, argued with, yelled at, and lied to before your flight a positive experience. My boyfriend was so upset he was in tears over this guy's behavior. Is this your idea of customer service??? It’s certainly not mine!

Original review: June 18, 2018

How does an airline get away charging you $37 for "Trip Flex" when you purchase a ticket online the day of a flight when it is only usable (to change or cancel) SEVEN days before the start of your itinerary? Isn't this FRAUD? You are unable to click on 'change' or 'cancel' on their website BUT you are able to click on Trip Flex protection when purchasing the ticket even though it is invalid when purchased. You spend an entire day ON HOLD and never reach a human being. "Extraordinary high call volume" my **. More like no one is answering the phones today.

$15 to select your seat each way? How does a $130 and $90 leg add up to $480+ with fees? Why are you unable to cancel a car rental charged in advance but never used. My 88 year old mom with dementia fell in Pittsburgh and hit her head and was taken by ambulance to a hospital. How is an airline permitted to stay in business when it causes such chaos and stress during a family emergency just trying to get there from Charleston? I hope this airline goes out of business and their employees rot in hell.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Our trip started June 14th, 2018. The desk personnel at the Memphis airport were very rude. We boarded the plane and had to use the lavatory in flight. It was disgusting with poop on the seat and around the inner rim of the toilet. Then the landing into the Las Vegas airport was terrifying and I felt something was possibly wrong with the plane. That's not the worst part. I received an email from Allegiant stating our flights were cancelled flying back into Memphis on Sunday. Then they offered us a measly 150 dollars a piece for compensation.

They could at least refund our entire trip considering I can't return back home until Monday and had to fly through a totally different airline because the next flight out on Allegiant doesn't leave until Thursday. So I'm out 150 for another night at the hotel + 230 for a new plane ticket and we left our car in Memphis. My friend's husband had to go pick the car up because we had to fly back into Little Rock! Then the customer service number had us on hold for 3 hours and hung up! I will never in my life fly Allegiant again! Ninth largest airline with nonexistent customer service, what a joke.

Original review: June 15, 2018

My flight from Memphis to Las Vegas was delayed 3 times, causing me to miss out on a chance to spend time with my son in Las Vegas before our family vacation to the Grand Canyon and Zion began. Now, they have canceled my return trip completely on 2 days notice, with no options from them for a week. Sooo, I now have to use all of my Delta miles to get home in time to get to work... They suck, and their customer service sucks. Will never fly with them again. But other than that... They are Great!!!

Original review: June 14, 2018

I am literally surprised I am alive. The turbulence was terrifying, but I know that is somewhat out of their control. However, the landing was horrible. It was obvious we were going way too fast, or we missed the beginning of the runway or something. It most definitely seemed at fault to the pilot. The worst part is there was no apology or anything from the captain or the crew. I was genuinely frightened and felt unsafe on that flight and would have sincerely appreciated more attention from the captain and flight crew.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: June 14, 2018

My issue doesn’t really stem from the travel itself, but rather the customer support. My saga began when I received an in-app notification to check-in for my flight. I began the check-in process and planned to change my seat assignment (I was traveling with my 11 month old son and thought it would be best for everyone if I reserved a window seat). I was more than willing to pay $25 for this “upgrade”. So I selected my new seat, but there was an issue with the check out process (not sure what).

I tried again...I tried a third time with a different card (perhaps they didn’t like that I used my Delta Airlines Amex to pay for my upgrade). Still can’t check-in...I switched to my laptop and tried a fourth time, now the website said “you’ve tried checking-in and we can’t process this”. What!!! So I send off a contact us request (the automated email response said they would get back to me in 7 days!!!). As I am flying the next day I call the number provided (not a 1-800 number, so I have to run up my sister’s long distance bill).

Now, here is where it gets frustrating, I get a busy signal...for an hour I try calling back, each time I get a busy signal. Finally, it rings through...at which point I spend TWO HOURS on hold before my issue is resolved. This was ridiculous, I wasted the last day I had with my family to take care of this issue, ran up a super high long-distance bill (my family lives in the woods and cell service does not exist). I’m so upset and frustrated with the whole process...the discount price is not worth this chaos!!! In the end, I am paying as much or more than I would have with a nondiscount airline like Delta or American.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I booked an airline ticket through this airline. Big mistake. It was advertised as one price and I had to call because the website said I made a mistake and wouldn't let me book the ticket. When I called I was told that was the wrong price and they doubled the price that I was charged. I have had to call them everyday for five days and was put on hold for a long period of time. I needed my confirmation e-mailed to me and they sent the wrong information. At this time I had to call again to get the right information. I finally got it without the carry on bag listed so I had to call back again being put on hold again to add carry on bag. I will never ever use this airline again. I have a list of names of people I talked to with very little help and I am scared my granddaughter is flying in on a paper plane.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Missed my first flight so their policy is that the entire trip is then canceled and you get NO REFUNDS. Talk about fine print: No-Show Policy: "Failure to board a flight or to change or cancel an itinerary within the specified cancellation policies set forth in the Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a customer-initiated cancellation and the remaining itinerary, including any return flights, will be canceled and all funds will be forfeited." How do they get away with this? Please write a review if this happened to you.

Original review: June 11, 2018

This is just to alert you that I am a very dissatisfied customer after my first -- and probably only -- trip flying with Allegiant. The airline did not just reschedule my flight and reschedule it for the next day, completely indifferent to the fact I -- and other passengers -- had to work the next day. While Allegiant was able to put me on a later flight to Knoxville, the company is too miserly and greedy to compensate for the added expense I will incur renting a car to drive from Knoxville to Roanoke, VA.

Yes, I am familiar with the small-print disclosure that says flights subject to cancellation when I made my reservation, as the indifferent customer service rep I spoke with on the phone was quick to mention on several occasions. That was about as helpful as the shoulder shrug I got from the counter agent who rescheduled my flight. So, as I shared to the indifferent customer service agent on the phone, I will be sure to seek out every message board and travel site I can find from Yelp! on down to let it be known just how cheap, apathetic and customer unfriendly Allegiant is.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I was on a recent flight from Cleveland to Jacksonville and wanted to give my feedback. I have flown a lot and this was, by far, the most fun flight I've ever been on!! The stewardess was more than entertaining! She had our entire group of passengers answering trivia questions (some questions were even from the pilots) to win some free snacks. In this time of most people complaining, I wanted to let you know that I would love to fly with this stewardess again! I don't remember her name (which was one of her questions) but she made the flight!! If only all flights were like this!!

Original review: June 6, 2018

This Airline is an absolute joke. The flight attendants were rude and ill-mannered with no edict whatsoever. There is absolutely no customer service. Attendants at ticketing and check-in are unbelievably condescending and not customer service oriented at all. I was so taken back at how awful the service with this airline was and how unprofessional the flight attendants were... I had burned myself, "second-degree burn" on my right hand. I asked for a first aid kit but was told in blow it off kind of manner, that they just simply didn't have anything to treat burns... OH how nice... no first aid kit? That's comforting...

And what on earth is up with all these fees... Three to Four bucks for a Coke? Really you are that cheap? You are really, going to charge me for a Coke? And you don’t brew coffee? I have been on airlines in the middle of nowhere in the middle-east and Asia where there has been infinitely more service and decorum on the part of flight staff than can ever be found in this entire airline. At least there I can get a cup of tea or coffee... You can't even get a cup of coffee on these flights, but you charge me three to four bucks for a freaking can of Coke.

Dear Allegiant, you are awful. I wrote a review included in a survey that you had emailed me weeks ago and no one ever got back to me. I demand a refund on all those extra charges you charged me on and at the very least an apology for your deplorable service. I will tell everyone I meet my friends and family to avoid you like the plague. Any chance I get on reviewing you I will be sure at the drop of a hat to leave you with the WORST reviews humanely possible. It is my sincere prayer that your little backward shoddy airline with your podunk ill-mannered staff go out of business.

Original review: May 31, 2018

The price and getting there on time. The attendants are polite and friendly and the plane is clean. We usually leave out our Lexington, KY airport. The only time we have ever been delayed is because of weather in Florida.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I am disabled, the staff goes out of their way to make sure a person is comfortable. Very friendly and about 25 minutes in the air, they serve you. I usually do not buy anything because I am not willing to pay the high price. $6.00 for a bottle of beer. I paid for my ticket & I think this Airline is making enough money that they shouldn't have to charge an arm and a leg for soda, snacks etc.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I purchased flight insurance - DON'T! Didn't matter. I had to cancel my flight more than a month out and they charged me all but $44 of my original cost, the $44 is in voucher form so if I don't use it within so many months I lose that too! BAD business! I'm done with this company.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I attempted an online check in with Allegiant the day before my flight. Each time I tried to add a carry on bag the app crashed. I decided to check in anyway and call the airline to add the bag for the $15 rate. I called their customer service line who claimed since I already completed check in they couldn’t add the bag and I could at the airport. I was told it would then be $50 to add the carry on. Even after explaining the app crashing repeatedly she said I should have not checked in and called them. How was I supposed to know this ridiculous policy? Terrible customer service that takes zero responsibility for their shortcomings and blames paying customers. Pay more and fly a legitimate airline. It will save you time and money.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Flying from Knoxville Tn. to Clear Water Florida, is non stop and they have great rates for the person but check the baggage cost is where they get their money. My family and I fly this route every year. Last year it was $53 per person each way, which is great, but when they weighed my carry on bag, they added an extra $12, then my suitcase that went in cargo, cost me $38. Then in flight a can Coke and a pack of peanuts is an extra $6, also they use planes that carry about 160 people total, I weigh 170 lbs. and 5'7" and it's a tight fit for me to sit comfortable in their seats because they are so small. I have never figured out how those 2 and 300 lb. people manage to get in their seats. My wife and I always arrange our plans 3 months ahead of time. She is smaller than me, I can't imagine sharing the armrest and a 300 lb person's gut hanging over the armrest, so you can see with baggage and tax it runs well over $125 each way per person.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I travel Allegiant Airlines April 30, 2018 to Grand Rapids Michigan. Got there no luggage. Waited to an 1/2 hours to talk to someone at the counter. They had no regards. Did not care. Would not talk to me. I have yet to receive my luggage. I wish I could give them a zero.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Be very thorough when reading terms and conditions. Once you've booked your flight you have 24 hrs to cancel for a refund of any kind. After the 24 hr period we cancelled a month and a half before the trip that cost 450.00. We aren't going to see a dime of that back. This ** airline and business will be long gone within a couple of years.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Flight from Mesa/Gateway AZ to Bozeman MT. 4/27/2018. Besides planes being changed and overbooked the flight stewardess was old and rude. Told my husband he didn't pay for two bags. All he was carrying was two personal items which are no charge one being a medical breathing device. Medical devices are not considered a carry on charge. He told her it was a medical device, she said it didn't matter and he needed to pay. Too old and grumpy to be in public service job. Perhaps she need to refresh her memory and refill her Alzheimer's medication.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I was flying out to Georgia to see my little sister in Jan. 2018, I bought a ticket in advance. During this time I had a niece who was ill with cancer and I was going through a divorce. Unforeseen timing had my niece go into hospice a couple days before I was scheduled to leave. And the new tax law that was forced in at the end of the year had unforeseen impacts on my divorce that was suppose to be finalized in the beginning of Jan. Another court date was set and I was unable to leave because I might have to attend court. I had a year to book another flight so I put it on hold. Then, in April 60 minutes came out with the story "Flying Under the Radar" and it talked about how this airline is 3 times more likely to have an accident than any other airline.

I was told by my customer service rep Abrianna that my money would NOT be refunded and there was not anyone else I could talk to about this or escalate it to. No one there would agree to give me my money back; because they are a nonprofit company. Sounds like they are making a profit by taking other people's money. They also kept a big chunk when I canceled at least 50.00 and I was still due about 250.00. I will not fly Allegiant after the 60 minutes investigation and the fluke accident SW airlines just had where that lady was being sucked out the window. That accident is 3 times more likely to happen with Allegiant! Please note: I have attached the receipt but, the 1st page has notes about the requirements for the flight. All information you need to confirm is after the 1st page. Please call Alisa ** with any questions. Thank you.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Allegiant Air, is the most disorganized and deceiving airline out there. They give you a price, and when done, you have spent the same a "top of the line" airlines out there. I was checking in (that there, is a mess,) and right beside me was a older couple that was told that if they wanted to check in a luggage, it was $100 per suitcase. The CSR told them, that because they did not check in the bags online, that was the cost. How dare they do that to an older couple, that probably did the reservation by phone, and just because Allegiant are "money hungry", they were not told anything about the cost? That is horrible CS right there!

My 94 year Father, my husband and I, boarded the plane. My Dad was not feeling too good, so I asked for a cup of ice water; I never got it. On arrival, my husband was doing many things, as I was making sure to get a wheelchair for my Dad. In that ordeal, he sat in a wheelchair, as I was ready to push him, some guy stepped in front of me (because they all want to be tipped,) and I fell to the ground. There was Allegiant employees that saw me on the floor, and not one, asked me if I was okay or needed medical assistance. I did not report the fall, because it was 10:40 pm and we needed to get our rental car. I had my Dad that was exhausted and my husband trying to control the carry on and look for the check in suitcase.

And "last but not least", they sell alcoholic beverages on board and they say that they will not serve anyone who seemed intoxicated. That is a LIE! At one point, a group of men, were drunk and talking loud. It was so annoying! Anyways, I will never travel with this airline again. I hope that them being investigated, the authorities will make the wise decision of closing them down.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I will never fly the airline ever again. They have a terrible safety record. The FAA LET let them get away with in for years. Also they charge too much for a pillow or water or any kind of drink or food. They even charge you for a blanket. Also they won't accept prepaid credit cards or even cash.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I will never fly this airline again. On March 18, 2018, my flight was scheduled to depart Concord, NC at 1:30 pm. I had changed flights the previous day and was paying almost $200 extra to be on this flight. In the morning on March 18, Allegiant Airlines showed the flight was delayed. By early afternoon, it was officially leaving at 7:30 pm. No big deal. ** happens. One hour before departure the flight was cancelled. This is a small airport. Nothing to do. About an hour later, everyone was told a replacement flight would leave the next day on March 19. Counter personnel said to keep track of expenses for hotel, meals, Uber, etc. My expenses were $409.00, since I also wanted the $200.00 refunded. After numerous emails over the next couple weeks, I was told tough **, everyone gets $100.00. Get lost. What a dirty deal to their customers. I hope they go out of business.

Original review: April 17, 2018

My flight with Allegiant was scheduled to leave at 6:45 from New Orleans. I arrive to the gate 6:25 to a closed gate and the plane gone! The agent at the gate simply said I was suppose to be there 2 hours early and went about his business. Then I see 60 minutes reported on the airlines Sunday April 15 with huge concerns about the safety of their outdated planes, multiple mechanical failures and terrible customer service. I will never fly with them again. I advise anyone to watch the 60-minute story online. SCARY!

Original review: April 16, 2018 My husband John and I have traveled back and forth several times from Stockton, California to Mesa, Arizona. We have never encountered the issues shown in the reviews. Don't know if it's just been "dumb luck" or not. Only two issues; every little item has a charge attached to it and the seating arrangements are not always correct. Since this is such a short flight, we don't mind being separated. We are planning a trip to Austin Texas next month... hope our luck continues!

I am submitting our personal experience so others are aware of minor problems encountered by us...

Original review: April 15, 2018

Minimum of three calls required to change a ticket due to health issues even though after listening to their hold message for nearly an hour (due to large volume of customer calls) indicates you are able to do so on-line, which you can't. The first call, lasting 85 min resulted in a customer service agent making a note in the account so that it would be more efficient when I called back to make the ticket change as we were waiting to have a surgery verified. The second call (once surgery was canceled) started with a 52-minute hold time before getting human. I had all of the identical information I had the first time and this time the woman was unable to allow me to make any changes to my daughter's ticket.

I asked her to review the notes that the first rep added to my daughter's confirmation # and she was not willing to do that. I explained that nothing had changed including my daughters email, or my email. I explained that I did not have access to my husband's debit card and told her I would be happy to give her the last four of every credit card I have but I was pretty certain it was on my husband's debit card. I asked for a supervisor as three days prior, the woman I spoke with was able to make the same change I was requesting and she refused to get a supervisor, ultimately stating that she had other customers to deal with and hung up on me.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I have read some of the negative reviews on Allegiant Airlines are for things that are clearly explained online when you make the reservation. I have been flying them 2 or 3 times of year for 7 years and have only had one issue. Our flight coming from Indianapolis to Myrtle Beach to take us back to Indiana had mechanical problems and couldn’t fly. We had to wait for a plane to come from Florida to take us home. They gave us drinks and a food voucher to get something to eat while we waited. The pilots are always very good as are the airplanes especially the new Airbuses. My only complaint is the seats are small. I had to fly Southwest to Florida in February and it was bad. The roughest landing I ever experienced. Will not fly them again. I like Allegiant.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I paid for 3 seats in a row to sit with my husband and son on flight from FL to PA. One of our seats was taken by the flight attendants, without asking us, and given to a LARGE, VERY SMELLY mentally challenged woman. She rocked back and forth the whole flight, constantly touching me and my phone while screaming. The worst 3 hours of my life! I paid extra to ensure I could enjoy my trip with my family. I could lump the experience if it was luck of the draw, but they charged me for something they didn’t give me. I was not asked and not offered any compensation. I was told by the flight attendants to accept it or get off the plane. That is FRAUD!

Original review: March 4, 2018

Plans changed and couldn’t take flight due to my father being seriously ill on life support and in hospital. 112 minutes on hold and wouldn’t refund or credit my flights. Wouldn’t even let me put ticket in a friend's name that wanted to take flight. Gave me $110 credit for baggage and seat fees which is money wasted as I’ll never fly them again. I believe in customer service in order to get repeat customers they could have sold my seats easily and credited me at least. I’ll never fly them again! I was even in tears on the phone explaining my horrible unplanned situation and the girl was nice but policy to not have repeat customers I guess overruled.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I was traveling from Las Vegas, NV. to Mesa, AZ on Feb. 18, 2018. My flight was originally scheduled to leave around 5 pm. I received two delay notices. One to leave at 730 pm and another that it had been delayed again until 840 pm. Well the gate that I was assigned for my flight was full. Come to find out they had the flight to Fresno scheduled to leave the same gate at 839. They announced they would be loading for the Fresno flight. About half the people were on the plane when they announced that they would not be boarding any other people and that the flight had been delayed... They did not have a flight crew scheduled so they had to fly in a flight crew from Fresno to fly back to Fresno... What kind of company schedules a flight and doesn't schedule a crew?

So needless to say they unloaded all passengers that had already boarded and they weren't moving the plane until the new crew was there so naturally my gate had to change... Not sure what my delay was but we never left until almost 11 pm which was scheduled originally for 5. They gave free snacks but when I asked for two they bit my head off and said, "You get only one!!!" But I guess it's ok they screwed my schedule. Then they send me a voucher that I can't open and I can't get through to them to ask about and they won't answer my e-mails. I am declaring Allegiant will be out of business within the next 2-3 years with this kind of service.

Allegiant Air Company Information