2.70/5

Looking for a travel site?

Allegiant Air

Looking for a travel site?

Allegiant Air Reviews

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I flew on flight # 571, from Phoenix, AZ to Las Vegas, & it was the best flight!! Everything went smooth from parking all the way through to the end. The flight was smooth, with no hiccups, attendants, Kim, Mellisa, Thsh & Skyler, were amazing!! Seats comfortable enough. Everything, smooth as a baby's butt. There are no frills on this flight, but an hour flight, who needs it. They do offer food & beverage to buy!

Original review: May 20, 2019

Other than a few delayed flights I have been using them for a decade and find them good for short flights and quite economical. But last week I was returning from Sarasota to Asheville and there was a smell in the cabin like a poorly made deodorizer. One hour into the flight, the cabin FILLED with this smell as if it had been pumped through the air and I began to have an immediate bad reaction...eyes running, nose running, dry throat, sneezing and then coughing. A good third of the cabin was coughing. The distress never went away and I ended up at the doctors within a few days with a bad bloody cough and a rattle in my chest. I hear they are using pyrethrins for insect spray. Customer Service never go back to me. I would hate for this to happen again.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I see some bad reviews on here, maybe we got lucky. We used Allegiant to travel back and forth from Albany, NY to Sanford Orlando airport and it was fine. You can't beat the price, as we booked it kind of close to the date of our trip. Not sure it would be comfortable on a long trip, but I have traveled major airlines and their seats might recline and have a little more room, but they are basically cloth with no cushioning left in them (United especially). I think I would use Allegiant again for a short trip and hope not to have an experience like some of the ones I have read about! Our flight both ways were on time and the staff on board were personable.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I've flown Allegiant about four times now and have had mostly pleasant experiences each time. They keep the flights cheap by adding on fees that you are not required to pay. One paid bag in the hold between my husband and I and two free backpacks (that MUST fit under the seat in front of you) and we are just fine. Allegiant is very open about these fees and that they are pricier if you buy them at the airport. This is an airline where you pay for your experience. Don't pay $52 for a seat and then expect plush seats, a free carry-on in the overhead, and free drink service. Each of those things cost additional money and as long as the plane is in good working order, I'm happy to pay for only the experience I deem necessary.

My four-star rating (instead of five) comes specifically from a technical issue twenty-four hours before our latest flight in which the app stated the flight was canceled. It was an unfortunate technical issue and took a few calls to confirm that our flight was not canceled. I would really like to not have that panic hours before so I suggest working out the issues with the site and app but my plane took off and that is all I cared about in order to make my cruise. People also had issues with their boarding passes at the gate despite having had them printed at the desk. Again, technical issues that need to be resolved but our friends who had this issue got on the flight in the end and we arrived almost ten minutes early so I'm not too concerned. Planning on flying in the future to keep costs down! The front staff maybe isn't the nicest but that's retail and I don't honestly care. Get me to where I'm going, assist in fixing my issues, and we'll be fine.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Allegiant airlines is about the best you are going to get for the money. I am very pleased with their military and veterans program which allows for free baggage, priority boarding, and ticket counter printing services. No other airlines compare. Do prepare for delays at times, which is really no different than other airlines, but we were told to arrive two hours before our flight out of Nashville but when we got there there was no one at the ticket counter and the line of people waiting went out the door and down the sidewalk! But once someone showed up to start checking people in, the process went quickly and smoothly. Planes took off and landed on time every time we've flown. Definitely recommend Allegiant airlines, especially now since they do fly in to many major cities. Hopefully they'll get closer to Chicago in the near future!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

This airline does not even qualify for a star. I arrived at the airport 2 hours prior to the 2 pm flight. Every couple of hours from then onward we were told about a delay. Well after 9 we were boarded only to be kept on board for an hour or so while maintenance was called. We were then asked to deplane and told the next plane was on its way. That plane arrive close to 4 am the next morning. The food offered was junk food with zero healthy choices, the seats in the airport were beyond uncomfortable, the persons giving us information were rude, defensive and used language that was not emotionally intelligent. I was not able to complete my business in Santa Rosa Beach and was very sick. Asthma attacks and cramps in my legs. I could go on and on but this was the most nightmarish experience that I will never go through again!!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

This is my last attempt to get some kind of help from Allegiant Air. WTAF is going on with your complete lack of customer service. Fees upon fees upon more GD fees!! I got charged double for what is supposed to be a budget flight when I made a departure time change for the same day. So what was a $470 flight is now $920. That’s robbery!!! You heartless, soul-less, less than humans need to seriously go take a long walk of a short pier. The world would thank you when it’s done.

Truly less than useless. Why can’t we give zero stars?? Or even more fitting, a negative number. That way the stars would better describe this company’s overall attitude and quality.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

IF I COULD GIVE THEM A NEGATIVE NUMBER OF STARS AS A RATING I WOULD!!! This is the worst airline ever for charging fee after fee and incompetent Customer Service! I booked 2 seats RT JAX/PIT at the quite high cost of $748.00 only to have to look into changing my flights. I used the online chat feature and was advised that I could change my flights and I would have the option to insure them thru Trip Flex BEFORE the changes were processed so I would be covered. WRONG - You cannot make that type of change online, can ONLY do it thru telephone customer service AND you will be penalized $300 ($150/person to make the change). My flights were changed without me realizing it and now I'm being gouged for additional fees to fix this mess all because the chat agent told me incorrect information.

I finally got thru to customer service by phone who acknowledged that the notes in my booking indicate I was given incorrect information (won't DO ANYTHING to reimburse me). I was advised she will add Trip Flex @ an ADDITIONAL $150/person and if I have to cancel my flights I will receive a TRAVEL VOUCHER after they deduct the $18 per person each way as a Carrier Fee and cancellation fee!!!! By the time this is all said and done I will receive MAYBE a $40 voucher for spending $748 on my booking. Allegiant has perfected the art of PRICE GOUGING!!! Delayed flights, cancelled flights and now nickel and diming the customers to death are all reasons NOT TO BOOK OR FLY ALLEGIANT AIRLINES - YOU WILL CERTAINLY REGRET IT!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

On May 16th I booked a Carnival Cruise from August 4-9 2019 leaving Miami, Florida at 4:00 PM Eastern Time. This cruise was a family celebration for my nephew's graduation as well as my niece having some excellent news regarding a medical condition. We had all taken off work and scheduled this event for a time we could all attend. On June 8th 2019 I reserved a flight with Allegiant Airlines leaving Concord, NC at 8:43AM arriving in Miami, Florida at 10:37AM allowing plenty of time to board cruise ship and depart for family vacation which I, my daughter, my sister, her family, my brother and his family were scheduled to board. The morning of the scheduled flight around 1:00 AM we received a text informing us that the flight was cancelled and we could reschedule 2 days from the original date for a new flight!!!

My niece just happened to see the text and informed the rest of us by phone what had happened. This was approximately 5 hours before we were to leave for the airport to make sure everything went according to schedule. At this time we had to hurry frantically and try to find alternative flight because there was absolutely no way we could drive to Miami from North Carolina in enough time to board the cruise. I had to pay a little over 1000.00 dollars for a flight with American Airlines which I most definitely was not planning to do nor can I afford but had no other choice than to charge to a credit card. My sister paid a little over 2000.00 and my brother paid over 3000.00. There was no other choice for any of us due to the time constraints and forfeiture of cruise.

I find it incredibly inconsiderate and unprofessional for Allegiant to just take an “Oh well” it happens attitude when I called to inquire what they could do to rectify the matter with at least some compensation towards the bill. I was told the flight was cancelled due to fog and it’s their discretion as to when to fly. American Airlines had no issues flying out of Charlotte as the fog had lifted even before we boarded the flight. To say they cancelled the flight at 1:00AM due to fog 5 hours before flight was scheduled to depart is a ridiculous excuse when clearly it was most likely due to being unable to fill the flight. Had we been given more than 5 hours notice by text (that we certainly wouldn’t have seen until it was too late to do anything had my niece not seen it because we were all asleep anticipating an early morning).

I called Allegiant as soon as I returned from from the cruise on August 9th and requested to speak with the highest ranking person in their office and explained to the representative what had occurred. She was very sympathetic to the situation and assured me that a management in corporate would return my call by 2:00PM Eastern time. I received a call from Paul (I believe that was his name, I may be mistaken because he was so nonchalant and showed no compassion whatsoever for the situation his employer had placed myself and my family in. I was too upset to recall but I’m fairly sure that’s the name of the manager that responded). I was highly unsatisfied with the corporate office response of pretty much “too bad”.

I have made several attempts with Allegiant to come to some sort of resolution in this matter but it appears they only take calls and emails that profit their pockets. Funny, when it was time to purchase their shady tickets I had no problems with that. Please save yourself the incredible headache that this “airline” will give you because more than likely (since fog obviously has ghosts in it according to them) they won’t actually get you there anyways.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I was on a flight from Orlando to Syracuse on Oct 20th and the first plane had electrical issues so after boarding had to change planes and then when landed in Syracuse, the airline left us on the plane on the tarmac for 3 hours without food or water, treated like cattle. They knew they were in the wrong as they issued $25 credits to all passengers while we were still sitting on the tarmac.

Allegiant Air Company Information