1.45/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

139 Allegiant Air Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I have been denied my refund from Allegiant Airlines. I was offered a travel voucher for $194. It was never used and they never contacted me again. Their main intent is to keep my $399.98 according to their terms and conditions, which is a scam to keep your money. Upon reading all the complaints how do they stay in business? This trip was cancelled in due time. They did not incur a hardship for me not traveling. Disabled vet with PTSD, unable to hold a job, I am on disability and fixed income. Every cent I have is needed. To get an atty will cost me money I don't have. Can anyone stop these crooks.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Do not fly this airline. They are the biggest rip off artist on the planet and if you do you better get insurance because even if your child dies and you cannot make your flight, tough luck, they do not care about you. If and when you do fly and you have to be there 2 hours before your flight or your luggage will not get on. Once you are on the plane be prepared to be cramped an uncomfortable. The flight attendants are so rude. I cannot say enough about how horrible this airline is. DO NOT FLY WITH THEM.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Flew from VPS to BWI on 11/28/18 and returned 12/1/18. Both flights were fast with absolutely great customer service both ways. Honestly the best flight experience ever. I believe people get upset due to their lack of understanding about the baggage, carry-on, etc.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I have flown Allegiant since its arrival in Punta Gorda, and from August through October took numerous RT flights to Cleveland due to an ill parent. On a return in October from Cleveland, while pushing a wheeled walker and my carry-on luggage, already paid for, I approached the check-in counter with a request, "I need some help". Instead, I was told by the agent that my bag needed to be checked. The carry-on bag that was already paid for, the same carry-on bag I had flown to Cleveland with on this trip and every previous trip on Allegiant and any other airline I have flown on for business travel, as I always take my carry-on bag.

The two agents at the counter, and later at boarding, were non-compassionate, and apparently, had developed a scheme to suck a little more money from customers by demanding payment to check a bag, already previously paid for. It was apparent, that these two agents were interested in embarrassing me, by turning me back to the desk on priority check in, inconveniencing me, and charging me for a bag already paid for. I have not yet heard from Allegiant customer service despite sending to emails. After many positive flights with the airline, it only takes one bad experience to make one look elsewhere. Allegiant should invest in some customer service training with agents. When a customer comes to the counter and says: "I need help", the only response should be: "how can we help you?"

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Allegiant has changed dramatically. At checkpoint they make you throw any liquids over your limit away and the people there are like scavengers. They're waiting to get it. I also had a death in my family and tried changing flights for myself & 3 teens. And that was a no go. I mean wow. The flight is cheap but just not worth the hassle. I definitely wouldn't recommend going through them. Fly through someone else. They also have sooo many mechanical problems! They will tear your luggage up and won't pay for it. No complimentary drinks or snacks. The drinks and chips are way overpriced. And the flight attendants are ruder than a **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I will never fly Allegiant ever again!!! I was skeptical with all the bad reviews only to show that they were right... I had a death in the family and had to cancel my trip last minute and now I am out so much money because they don’t accept death certificates. It is a scam, cheap flying is not worth the awful experience.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Was meant to fly with Allegiant Air on Thursday but had to cancel my trip due to a family bereavement. Now most airlines and travel companies offer refunds for bereavements with an upload of death certificate. Not Allegiant. Upon closer inspection in their terms and conditions they do not offer refunds for bereavements to 'keep fares low'. Allegiant: At least have the courtesy to amend your terms and conditions to speak the truth and say "We do not offer refunds on bereavements because we as a company have zero compassion and don't view flexibility for the bereaved as a decent thing to do. As a business we feel that maintaining our status as a budget airline is way more important than being decent human beings."

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Allegiant now charges MORE if you want to change your seat after booking. I get anxiety if I'm stuffed in those seats like sardines, so I always check before I complete my check in process, to see if the seats next to me are still open. They already charge a seat fee when you book, so why in the hell do they charge to change to a seat that is the same price? They never used to do that. This will be my last time flying with Allegiant.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I didn't read reviews until the day before our trip so I was horrified, but I prayed hard and remained hopeful and it paid off! This was an LAX/EUG roundtrip for two adults and two kids. On-time departures and arrivals. Efficient check-in, baggage check, boarding. Friendly attendants; I appreciated their diversity in age, size, appearance, etc. Clean plane, comfortable seating, plenty of space but I'm 5'2" and not overweight. Best price even with the baggage charge. I would fly them again from Los Angeles to Oregon. Customer service before our trip was totally lacking but issue was resolved before day of need.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I fly Allegiant Air quite frequently and am always disgusted by their flight attendants and staff. However, today I am beyond over them. I brought my liquids in the exact amount that is allowed on the plane from Phoenix to Montana. There were absolutely no issues with the liquids. However today on the way back it is now against their policy. So I had to throw away over a $100 worth of soap, shampoo, conditioner, and other things you need on vacation.

This is not my only issue. They are always rude, absolutely nothing is free and everything is overpriced. They talk to everyone like they are children and refuse to allow anyone switch seats because and I quote "the plane has been weight calculated based on everyone sitting in their assigned seat." I had to pay an extra $47 today in order for the three of us to sit next to each other! We bought our tickets together and we are traveling with my son. There is no reason that we should have to pay extra in order for us to sit next to each other! Good luck trying to switch seats. So you are forced to buy the seats!!?? Cheap is proving to not be worth the constant headache. I think now is a good time to blast them. I have heard from multiple people that they have issues with Allegiant! It's absolutely ridiculous the way they treat their customers. #Allegiantsucks #Allegiantisrude

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

What are the chances of three times in a row, in a two month period, there are HOURS of delay for Maintenance problems. I am deeply concerned about the safety of this airlines! No frill flights are great, BUT if you value your time and life... AVOID this airline. Upfront flight costs look good until you add on costs of seat choice, luggage, and strictly enforced personal item size/weight. Not to mention the Customer Service feels like the Gestapo. No more for me, thank you very much!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

My first time and last time flying with Allegiant Airline. My experience was horrible. I went online to google some cheap fares and Allegiant Airlines popped up. I was so excited about leaving for my trip I forgot to check them out just for precaution reason. I was more taken back about their prices. Well on my trip back all hell broke loose. Allegiant overbooked the flight and because they were under pressure to try to seat people on top of each other. That was the only flight leaving from Orlando Florida to New York on a Sunday. There was not going to be a another flight going to New York until that upcoming Tuesday. The airline didn't allow me to pick my seats so they stuck myself and my son way in the back. No air in the back the bathroom smelling funky. Then here come the rude flight attendants, they have no work ethics, no care and concern for the passengers, VERY ignorant with no training on how to address the public.

What I do know about businesses is that: integrity plays a big part in building a brand and the consumers are the most important part in building that brand. In other words without us there would be no Allegiant. The workers was lacking, integrity, the ability to work under pressure, and no compassion for working with people. I began to speak up and express myself because I felt it was wrong for them to ask my son to move out of his seat so that they could accommodate a woman who had 10 people with her. So I said absolutely not my son is not moving from his seat. From there all the attendants began to gang up on me instigating something that was so small. Because I spoke up for my self, they got together and made a decision to kick me off the plane with them knowing that there would not be another flight until Tuesday, leaving myself and son stranded in Sanford International Airport nowhere to go.

I began to put on my thinking cap on how I was going to get myself out of this situation. THE REAL REASON on why they kick me off is because they needed to accommodate people, for them overbooking the flight, not to mention they wanted to have power and control over the situation. When is it ever harmful for a person to speak up for what's right. They called the situation with me being disruptive and they fear for their safety. YEAH RIGHT. In moving forward I had to rent another car drive to Orlando International Airport, where it was utterly chaos. That was one of the reasons I chose to fly Allegiant to avoid the mess at Orlando Airport.

After going through all the airlines at the airport we got down to the last airline. JETBLUE was the only airline going to New York. I was in Orlando Airport for 10 hours when it should have taken me 2 and a half hours to get home. Instead of the cheap price tickets that I purchase from Allegiant, I had to dish out tickets from JetBlue for the amount of $739.00 because of the Labor Day weekend the ticket prices were higher, plus food plus a cab from Westchester International Airport to Steward International Airport $88.00 so that I can pick up my car.

The nightmare and the humiliation ridicule that I experience has been a eye opener for taking time out to research these airlines who present themselves as the best in the business. Even with this being said I wouldn't really know until I deal with them. By the way I had a fantastic flight back with JetBlue. I would never use Allegiant Airlines ever again, not to mention I will be suing them in small claims court for reimbursement for damages.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

On a domestic flight RT, my hard case luggage, which was brand new (it had been purchased on a trip just a week before and therefore had only been used one-way, one-time) returned with a hole in the hard case and zipper broken. A properly submitted claim was made with Allegiant for reimbursement. Allegiant responded that they were not liable for any damage and refused any responsibility, responding that the claim was closed, there was no recourse and they would not review nor respond to any communication of the matter. This is completely unsatisfactory. Since they charge a fee for a checked bag, there is an implicit implied responsibility for safe and proper handling of the baggage. The response given to a valid claim furthers the insult. This airline is NOT cheap in the long run with all the added fees and their lousy service, not to mention their safety issues. I would NEVER recommend flying this airline to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Traveled and gate checked our stroller. Had a protective bag for it. When got home the gate attendant/bag handler was dragging our stroller on the concrete. He tore our protective bag and damaged stroller frame. Went back and forth with Allegiant but they won’t cover it. Told me to go back to the manufacturer? A manufacturer isn’t going to cover their employee's negligence. Not worth the cheap fare.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

Even if I ignored the extra 110$ of which I ridiculously paid for for printing the boarding pass and my carry on. I also got ** service. All staff were rude and always looked for opportunity to add more charges to me. My conclusion is that I bought this flight because it was a little cheaper, but after the extra 110$ (on top of the 280$ I paid) it Turned out it wasn't cheaper than the other companies. And now on top of this I was stuck with ** seats and ** service. By the way, they didn't even have space for my bag, so it's under my legs right now while writing this. Me or anybody I know will never fly with Allegiant again! Have a safe trip!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I would not want anyone to fly Allegiant. Trip flex is a BS. The only thing I can say they are a CHEAP AIRLINE AND I mean cheap with everything. Again I will not fly Allegiant. Don't try calling any customer service #. I was out $126.50. Had trip flex. Can fly at another time with $75.00 credit. They can have it.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I attempted to work directly with Allegiant to resolve this issue, but they sent a canned response and did not actually address the issue. Six of us were flying out for vacation (partly using vouchers from a previous trip where they completely cancelled the flight leaving us stranded in the airport to figure out how to get home on our own, stating they could not get us a flight out for 7 days. They reimbursed only a small fraction of the costs incurred to book a replacement flight with a different airlines, pay for transportation, hotel, food).

We checked in online the day before the flight, checked luggage over 2 hours before the flight departure time, arrived at our gate before the time stipulated on our tickets, and tried diligently to reach someone regarding assistance when Allegiant closed the doors early and would not let us in. Allegiant's response to my complaint was that we missed our flight, that chose not to accept an alternate flight when one was offered to us, and we did not contact them within the 1 hour they stipulate is required in order to receive assistance with another flight. These are all FALSE statements.

When we arrived to the gate, the doors to the jet bridge were shut early (20-25 minutes early) and they would not let us in, we were not offered alternative flights (only handed a piece of paper with the customer support phone number on it), and when we called support, we were on hold with them for OVER 1 hour only to be told they could not assist us via phone and we had to complete their online form instead.

Allegiant further stated "When a passenger misses a flight, airport agents can accommodate passengers to the next available Allegiant flight with a $75 change fee while waiving the difference in fare. Please be advised that this exception is only offered at the airport within 1 hour of the missed flight. As our records indicated that you elected not to make the change, the total funds from this flight are forfeited." Yet when I stated we talked with the gate agent, talked to another agent at the ticket counter, then called support and stayed on hold for OVER 1 hour, Allegiant replied "Promotional deals and irregular operations can lead to a high call volume, but we are always working to provide better communication to our customers." Allegiant closed the doors to the jet bridge early, left the gate early, did not offer us an alternate flight or vouchers, and provided poor customer service. We paid for a service and did not receive that service.

After getting nowhere dealing directly with Allegiant, I turned to the BBB for assistance (Still no help). Allegiant told the BBB I can submit a rebuttal through their online support, yet Allegiant had already told me in a previous email "In regards to your request, Allegiant respectfully declines your request for a refund for flight 407. No other options are available for your case. We understand this may not be the answer you were looking for, however, the case is closed in our system." Terrible, terrible company. Prepare to be stranded, lied to, and left digging deeper into your pockets if you try to fly with them.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Flight 679 Springfield Mo to Orlando Fl - Our flight was set to depart Springfield at 9:37 am arrive 12:53 pm in Orlando. Approximately 1 hour 20 minutes before take off we are informed that there will be a 1 hour delay. Hour later we are told another 1 hour delay. 1 hour later we are told that they don’t know when the flight will be leaving. Later on we are told 4:30 departure. Then we are told a rescue plan will be here at 5:00 then 5:30 then 6:00 then 6:20. 7 hours in they give us hot soda and water. They refuse refunds to several passengers. At 5 pm we are told the rescue plane has landed and will board shortly. Everyone files into line. At 5:52 we are still waiting to board. Everyone sits back down. No update on why we are not boarding. No snacks or food has been made feted after 10 hours 30 minutes.

I do feel bad for this young man who was taking the bulk of everyone’s anger. He was at Allegiant's mercy. We find out from the young man that the flight was originally delayed due to bad weather in Orlando then mid-air they had some kind of mechanical issue. I’m very thankful that they caught this before we boarded but I do feel like after a certain point they should give refunds to the passengers who couldn’t stay or had medical issues, missed connection flights, missed funerals, etc. all which happened. At 5:58 they announce that are rescue plane is experiencing mechanical issues and they are hopeful they will be resolved soon. At 6:23 pm they start the boarding. Praying for travel mercies. This would have been an easier pill to swallow if they would have acted like they care. Credit to us, lunch voucher that kind of thing. Even saying we are sorry would be great!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I was on a return flight from Phoenix/Mesa Gateway airport. There's over 100 people waiting when 5 minutes before boarding the employee announces that all carry ons must have a "sticker" on them proving that we had paid for our carry ons in advance. Any passenger that hadn't paid for their carry ons were required to CHECK it, no matter how small! The price? $50 EACH WAY!!! I watched this woman charge 2 disabled passengers $100 each for small duffle bags that had to be checked! When it comes my turn she makes me put my PURSE INSIDE my carry on bag.

We are allowed a personal item but I wasn't. I had a window seat and couldn't get to my purse to be able to purchase a snack or drink because my wallet was in the carry on. Then while waiting to taxi something dropped on me. When I get home finally I realize it was a bed bug!!!! Now I'm scared to death that I may have them in my home. I've flown Allegiant several times out of Appleton Wisconsin and never witnessed such chaos at the gate. It was ridiculous! My trips with Allegiant are no more.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Allegiant is operating a scam with their https://www.allegiantair.com/military-discount program. Nowhere during the reservation process does it allow you to enter your military credentials. Then, after over an hour on hold trying to reach their customer service, I was told the ticket agent would adjust my reservation to credit my baggage and seat fees. Well, once I reached the ticket counter, they told me all they were allowed to do was notate my account, but that I'd need to contact customer service again to actually receive the credit. I've spent over 90 minutes twice now trying to contact customer service and no luck. They know full well what they're doing by saying they have a military discount program to entice you to fly with them, but when it comes time to honor their own program, they make it as difficult as possible to actually receive those benefits.

The other issue is according to their https://www.allegiantair.com/military-discount webpage it states, "Free seat assignments, pending availability." When I called to receive these credits, I was told the seat assignments I paid for didn't count since I paid for them ahead of time. The agent said that's why it stated pending availability. I told her that she knows what that means because she works for Allegiant, but how would I possibly know that's what it meant. She refused to credit me for the seats.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Where do I begin? Allegiant was delayed two-and-a-half hours late from the 4:10 PM flight I ended up taking on Thursday, July 26th. No explanation, no accurate updates with regards to boarding and departure times. No one at the gate to answer questions or find out why we were so delayed -- despite three BSO officers and two fire-and-rescues showing up without explanation.

While the actual flight was fast, there was the issue with my bag that I checked onto the plane. How my bag was the ONLY one that ended up on the wrong plane from my flight is beyond me (it went to Concord, NC). It finally arrived back at my house THIS morning, and that was only after spending Friday, Saturday, and Monday on the phone with their Travel Assurance Department to explain that FedEx never picked up my bag from Allegiant in Concord when they said they did -- complete and utter **.

Apparently some of the customer service agents are completely clueless as to the difference between a FedEx shipping label being created and FedEx ACTUALLY picking up the package and it being en route for delivery when viewing the tracking information online. You deal with enough dissatisfied customers and having the FedEx their stuff back if it wasn't stolen or lost outright already, you should know how it works. And to begin with, I told them I wanted my bag put back on the plane to Fort Lauderdale and then sent to Asheville so I could have it by Friday night, AND NOT go FedEx... clearly they don't listen or care. And the fact I had to spend three days haranguing on what was supposed to be my 40th celebration trip is beyond unacceptable.

Then there was the flight back on Monday, July 30th, in which we waited on the tarmac for 30 minutes before we could reach the gate and de-plane -- again, no explanation as to why. Not to mention that they were an hour-and-a-half late in giving over 100 people on our flight their luggage in baggage claim -- including the bag I bought in Asheville to bring the clothes I HAD TO BUY in Asheville since Allegiant put my luggage on the wrong plane that had ALL MY CLOTHES IN IT and never arrived to where I was staying.

No one gave us any assistance as to why it took so long to even get our bags (and I thought I was going to be told again that my bag went on the wrong plane). As a result of them taking so long, I missed my train back to West Palm and ended up having to take a $70 Uber ride back home. Needless to say, I've already filed one claim to be reimbursed for the clothes I had to buy the night I arrived. I am filing another claim because they were delayed more than two hours. And there's the third claim for the delay at baggage claim that cost me to miss my train.

The seats didn't bother me, nor did not having Wi-FI. But their customer service can be taking out to the back of the building and shot. Unhelpful, ignorant, and snide were at least one of the people I spoke with, who had no idea that just because you create a shipping label doesn't mean FedEx has picked it up. I am very aware where the shipping information is listed. What does that have to do with seeing if FedEx picked it up? They have to scan the label on the package in order to confirm they did! If anyone wants to play roulette with this airline, that's your prerogative. After this, either I'm flying out of West Palm on another airline that I know has worked for me or drive. Taking Allegiant is by far the WORST AIRLINE I HAVE EVER TAKING FOR TRAVEL IN MY LIFE!

Original review: July 30, 2018

This has to be the worst customer service department in the industry! I booked a flight from Cleveland to Myrtle Beach 7/5/18. I tried to contact Allegiant by phone 7/12/18 and was on hold for 1 hr 15 min. I then sent a response request by e-mail and received a confirmation with a comment I would be contacted within 7 days. Having received no contact by 7/20/18 I sent another e-mail request for response and was again sent an automated response from Allegiant that I would be contacted within 7 days. Today, 7/30/18 was my scheduled departure and I still have not received any contact from the airline. I am very displeased with this company and would not recommend them as a business to have dealings with.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Oh, there are so many things, and honestly I was ready to ride you guys off as a lesson learned in low airfare, but you can Now be assured I will be adding to the comments that tell a really ugly tale of your operation. My flight on 5/21, flight 509, was delayed for Six Hours before finally being cancelled at 12:20 am 5/22. During that time, and I really feel for your poor gate attendants, we were constantly told that the plane would either get fixed or another plane would be sent and we'd all get to our destination That Night. We obviously did Not. We were all given the choice to wait and see what happened or to request a refund and try our luck with another airline. Given that the refund would take 5-7 business days, I would have been out at least $300 or so because last minute flights are considerably marked up, so I opted and hoped with optimism that Allegiant would be able to make its commitments.

I was sorely disappointed. I contacted customer service to get a couple fees refunded (I'm military and didn't know they offered free checked and carry-on bags), which were taken care of, but then when I asked for Something to be done because of my flight, I was told that since I opted to take the rescheduled flight, which either I took or missed my vacation or paid out the behind with another airline to get to, so I'm SoL. No. Not acceptable, and nor will I be flying with your airline again. Anyway after this experience, so your super 'charitable' $150 in future flight coupons does Nothing for me.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I have a bad fear of flying. My trip with Allegiant Air changed that! First off I have to mention the price, you couldn't beat it! Second I loved the fact I could fly out from the airport near me. Now for the flight, the plane was nice, cool air, nice attendants, drinks and snacks (for a price) on all trips, the lights were dim and taking off and landing was perfect! I experienced little to no turbulence, I felt safe, the whole process was quick and easy. Because of Allegiant, I will be planning other trips now that I'm not so terrified to fly anymore. I will not fly with anyone else but them! Highly recommend. I traveled with my child and puppy! Thank you!

Original review: July 23, 2018

I've used this airline now for almost 20 years, and there has never been a time where the flight was on time. There has been delays due not enough staff to cover the flight, the flight is delayed coming into the airport due to maintenance issues. This airline charges for everything now, and yet they have the gall to ask the passengers to cross the seat belts and close or open the window shades. I believe that's part of your job. The handling of luggage is horrible, I've so many items broken and even stolen from my suitcase. Not to mention to have my suitcase end up in a completely different state than me. One occasion my mother was flying from Florida to Indiana and due to only having one working plane she was delayed for six hours!!! No food offered, no drinks offered. She and the others were told of the food vending machines available in the gate area. This airline seriously needs to be shut down or better yet all of the CEO and COO to be fired.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Worst plane ever. Old plane. Took an hour just to get people on plane. Captain made us all sit in a hot plane with little to no air conditioning with 100 people for over another hour. We waited 30 min because of lightning which I get. Then the plane engine was broken and we had to wait ANOTHER 10 min just to get back to the gate. Now we are waiting an unknown amount of time for another plane. I get flight delays and waiting but there is no reason to keep 100 people in a stuffy... sweaty... broken plane for close to two hours. I am going to try to get a refund.

Original review: July 16, 2018

My daughter(15) was flying unaccompanied from Sanford, FL to Elmira, NY. We arrived early, checked her bag and got to the gate. 10 minutes before boarding was to begin, her name was called to come to the desk. Due to a weather advisory for Elmira, her ticket was canceled because she was an unaccompanied minor. However, looking at the weather online, the weather forecast is absolutely clear??? Did they overbook the flight and decide to boot off the 3 minors that were flying??? And then, it took over an hour to get her and the other kids rebooked on different flights. I guess paying for Priority Access means nothing. It was very stressful for my daughter???

Original review: July 14, 2018

We have flown Allegiant numerous times due to the convenient routes and reasonable costs. Last night was the last time. I arrived on time to Concord Airport at 4:30 pm. There I sat until 10:30 pm. What added to my frustration was the fact that they lied to us over the PA system when they said our plane was en route to airport. I did not arrive to my destination until 1:30 AM. I really felt bad for the elderly and children on the flight. The children were all crying in the airport. This has happened far too many times. At least 5 times. The $50 voucher just does not cover this awful experience.

Original review: July 10, 2018

There's so many. One incident that I witnessed, is when there was a handicapped senior citizen sitting front row that had to use the facility. He was told that "This restroom is out of service. Go to the end of plane to use that one." Before he got back the copilot and the flight attendant messed with the vacant sign and the copilot proceeded to use that facility up front. Then after finished they switched the sign to broken. I will write more in other reviews.

Original review: July 9, 2018

My Review is two fold: 1) Flight Experiences and 2) Existing Reservation Modifications: 1) Flight Experiences: We have flown Allegiant Air twice from Memphis to Orlando/Sanford. Seats are hard molded plastic with basic pad covering. Seats do not have a reclining feature, which is very uncomfortable for flights that are over two hours long. Flight attendants were mostly agreeable. Bag Check-in lines were very long and only one attendant was on duty. All in all, not the most comfortable flight, but what were we expecting for a third rate airline.

2) Modification of Existing Reservations: We tried to modify dates online 11 days after original reservations were placed and 2 weeks prior to the trip. We were unable to complete the change online, as a result placed a call to the call center. After holding on line for 1 hour, 23 minutes we were connected to a call agent. The call agent wanted to "talk to me" about our reservation. It was a "standard reservation" with no flexibility. As a result, there would be a $75 per person, per flight cancellation/change fee. At first the call agent would only give us back our bag fee ($20).

Upon pressing, the call agent offered was to waive half of the $300 cancellation fees (total of $150), and my pre-booked bag fee, but would not waive the other half. I was informed it would not be "fair" to the other passengers who paid for the flexible type reservation. Now, is it fair to me, when Allegiant resells the seats we are unable to use, they get to keep the money? We could have flown on a first class carrier for less than the additional cost to change dates.

Allegiant Air Company Information