1.39/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

155 Allegiant Air Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

If I could post 1/10 of a tar I would. Allegiant is garbage. They are bare faced liars. Don't waste your time or money. They are nothing more than con job. Flight 1812 and flight 1856 are examples. Allegiant deliberately delays real information about delayed flights. Thus keeping you trapped on their flights. I have made the mistake more than once but never again. Avoid at all costs.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I purchase tickets to fly to Florida from Cincinnati to pick up a vehicle that I purchased online. The cost of shipping the vehicle was questionable so we decided to fly down to pick it up and drive it back. I purchased the trip insurance believing that I could cancel the flight if something came up. The dealer found me a deal on having it shipped so I canceled the flight 3 days after the purchase. I was shocked to find out there are no refunds only a travel voucher, which has to be used within a year. I have no future plans to fly anywhere so this voucher is useless to me.

I am out the $300 bucks I spent for 2 tickets. I tried the chat line to customer service that was never answered. I called customer service at 702 505-8888. I was on hold for 30 minutes the first attempt and I finally hung up. I called again later that evening. Another wasted 40 minutes on hold. All the while listening to a voice recording of how the Trip Flex will give you peace of mind knowing you can change or cancel your flights if something comes up. There was nothing that I saw when purchasing these tickets that led me to believe I could not cancel and get a refund. Terrible policy and non-existent customer service. No idea if I can even sell this stupid travel voucher. Which is only $210 bucks. I guess you forfeit the rest of what you pay. I will NEVER fly on Allegiant Airlines.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

My note to the President of Allegiant Air. Pls excuse my note, as I was only able to obtain 2 hrs sleep, due to the lack of management within your company last evening. We were on flight 146 Sunday Feb 10, from Vegas diverted to Pasco. The flight landed at 7:40pm, then we waited to learn the flight was canceled at 11:30pm. With that knowledge everyone was told to secure their own transportation and accommodations at that hour in a snowstorm. Then 20 minutes later the intercom message indicated we can stay at a local hotel, if you can get there... Adding insult to injury, three (3) hours to obtain our bags was absolutely unsatisfactory. We finally received our baggage at 2:30am. Then tasked to secure ground transportation on our own. WHERE WAS ALLEGIANT MANAGEMENT??

I’ve traveled extensively during my lifetime, thus far. I’m sincerely disappointed that someone from the hospitality industry, has very few “back up” protocols in place. I can appreciate when Mother Nature tosses you a curveball, however, the sheer lack of communication with your customers is simply appalling. I personally feel that your staff are well trained in skirting the truth. Perfect example is not being on time, telling everyone on G4 5146 flight from Pasco scheduled to depart at 12:30pm, that we can’t land in Bellingham due to poor runway management/conditions. Yet another flight lands without issue from Vegas, in BLI at the same time we could have landed. YOU MUST do better! Until then, you will not see my wife and I return to patronize your Airline any longer. I believe I speak for thousands of your customers. Still sitting on the tarmac. Sincerely disappointed...

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Booked a flight out of Punta Gorda to Savanna Illinois to attend a funeral. The early morning flight time would work well for us to attend the funeral. Our flight was delayed 4 1/2 hours. Unfortunately we were not able to attend the funeral! Allegiant Air answer to my dilemma was a bottle of warm water and $50 off my next Allegiant Air flight. I don’t think will be using the $50 vouchers!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

They are garbage. After getting to my destination, took FOREVER to get my bag. Flight home couldn't land in some patchy fog. I've been on planes with way worse conditions and they landed just fine. I can only assume the pilot isnt experienced enough, which really makes me not want to fly with them. I literally could see the ground from the plane. So they took us to another airport for fuel. We waited three hours on the plane with only water offered. Absolutely worst airlines. Alaska Airlines has gained so much more of my respect because of this trash. They don't value you or your time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

BEWARE of Allegiant!! WORST airline out there! I flew from Bellingham, WA to LA. with my return 3 days later. My return trip home they denied me. I had a legal document signed and dated from my pain specialist for my emotional support dog. I had used that every time I flew with them. It was never an issue. Allegiant did not have forms on their website like the other airlines. When I wanted to fly with them they accepted my forms.

Dec. 11, 2018. They changed the rules and finally posted new forms on their website. I was completely unaware of the changes as I booked back in September. If I had known I would have had the forms signed on the day of flying. They got me there and refused to fly me home. I was an emotional wreck. I had to book a flight on another airline. Lose my already paid airfare to buy a new flight. I couldn't get another flight back to Bellingham, WA. I had to fly to Vancouver, BC. Get picked up then drive across the border to get my car.

I also had to get another night's hotel, miss a day of work and pay an extra day parking. It was a complete nightmare. A horrible way to start my new year. I have never felt so helpless frustrated and upset. They are a careless heartless company. Plus they nickel and dime you. I wrote a letter to the company regarding my issue and have not got a reply. I guess its time to go to the media and inform others of what kind of outfit they run.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

My 82 year old dad who walks with a cane or roller walker due to several strokes was flying back to Belleville IL from Mesa/Phoenix Gateway airport. I got a gate pass to assist him as far as allowed. I spoke with the lady at the desk by the gate to arrange assistance for him onto the plane. The guy who was suppose to assist him walked 20 feet in front of him as dad walked alone with his walker. He was then suppose to take dad up the steep ramp in a wheelchair once he got to the ramp. Instead their employee handed dad his cane and had him walk up the STEEP ramp alone as this "employee" walked away!!! I went immediately to lady at the desk and pointed out what was going on... She yelled over to the guy & he turned and looked and she said "Why are you not assisting that guy".

The worker just turned back around and continued what he was doing. I cannot believe dad was able to make it up that long STEEP ramp alone with a cane!!! I contacted Allegiant by phone and they said I had to go on their website and send an email which I did several times without ANY response! Allegiant needs to treat the disabled & Elderly with respect & care!!! This was such HORRIBLE customer service and just being rude & neglectful to an elderly disabled man!!! Please think twice before ever using this horrible airlines!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. I will no longer fly Allegiant Airlines nor use the Provo, Utah airport; I have decided to make the drive to a larger and more reliable airline and airport. On December 12, 2018 my daughter and I took a long weekend to visit my mother in Arizona for her 89th birthday. We only had 4.5 days for the visit. We arrived at the airport at around 7 for an 8:55 flight. After check-in we were stuffed into the small, uncomfortable waiting area. There was light snow falling, The plane from Mesa was late, but we were not notified of that until AFTER the landing time had passed. We were told there was low visibility and the runway could not be plowed by the airport. An airport in Utah that cannot plow? Sounds like a dishonest excuse.

We were told the plane from Mesa was going to circle the airport until visibility cleared - odd because we could see the edge of Utah Lake shoreline. Shortly, we were told the plane from Mesa could NOT land because they did not have enough fuel and so returned to Mesa; there would not be another plane available until after 5 pm. I live within 20 minutes of the airport so we were able to return home until the flight time. However, this caused us an additional expense by using Uber for the travel. The Provo airport has NO food services except 2 sugar laden vending machines. I feel very bad for those who had to wait at the airport.

We finally took off around 7 pm in the evening, 10 hours after the scheduled flight. We called and emailed Allegiant a complaint. As I recall we called Allegiant 3 times with waiting times of up to 40 minutes. Each time we were finally connected and began our complaint we were “disconnected”. We received an automatic reply that emails are answered in the order they are received. Well, there must have been numerous emails ahead of us because on January 22 we received a generic reply, 42 days after the situation. It stated that it looks like we were able to fly and they were “Sorry this has happened and you were late, but we did not want your email to go unacknowledged” and “We are HAPPY to see our online booking worked.” In other words, "too bad - NOT SAD.”

What unprofessional service. I also emailed the director of the Provo Airport asking about their snow removal equipment available at the airport and received NO reply. Our 4.5 day visit to my mother turned into a 3.5 day visit. Let me add, this is the 2nd time I have had a full day delay with Allegiant. Of note, yesterday my nephew and family flew out of Provo with strong winds and 3 inches of snow on the ground, reinforcing my belief that we were being misled by Allegiant Airlines. No more travel with them - one gets what they pay for, cheap price equals cheap service.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I was lied to 3 times flying only an hour each way to Arizona & back to Utah. I was charged $100 for my medically necessary service dog only on the way home to Utah after they told me that I’d be getting a full refund once I submitted 3 forms to them. I submitted the 3 forms & now they’re saying it’s non-refundable. Inconsistent Liars!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Horrible customer service, they were rude at the counter, the supervisor was also rude. I showed up right before their cutoff time, yet they wouldn't check my bags. My plane was still boarding at the time that I had got to the counter and to get through security as it is a very small airport, takes less than 5-10 minutes IF that. I called and sat on hold for 50 minutes, they refused to give me a refund of the $150. The way business works, Allegiant, as I am sure you should know... A negative review can go a long way. You kept $150 to lose over $1000 and more. I will no longer go on your flights. My family will also fly elsewhere. The family that I have who flies in yearly on your flights, will also be going through a difference flight.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I complained to the Federal Department of Transportation. Here’s Allegiant’s response when they received it from them: “Allegiant strives to provide an excellent experience for all of our customers and sincerely regrets that you were dissatisfied with the service you received... Without input we are unable to make necessary changes to provide a better customer experience.“ 4 days later my wife arrived at the same small airport. No other flight was at the terminal. Still a 45 minute wait to claim her bag. There was one “improvement”. They announced over the PA system several times their “sincere apologies” for the delay to claim baggage. Lip service at its finest!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

They do not care at all about the customer. They canceled our flight out of Rochester NY on 12/30/18. They did not give us a rescheduled flight or offer us any reason. We only got a refund for half of our total round trip then we had to book last minute on a flight out on New Year's eve so we are out even more money. Allegiant would not answer the phone or tell us why it was canceled. Then days later say it was due to weather concerns which is not true because the airport was up and running normally and there were no weather concerns in the area for days. They are a horrible company. I will never fly them again. I advise you not to as well. In the long run we ended up spending more money and still home a whole day later.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I first got charged an additional $50 for an already checked bag that was 13 lbs overweight... and another $50 for a carry on that they said was too big but other people's were larger than mine. When I went to get my luggage it was broke open and taped all around my clothes. Worst experience ever. The pilot was very nice so were flight attendants.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

When we arrived to Fort Lauderdale from Columbus, we had to wait for our bags for 2.5 hours. There was no one available at any Allegiant counter to ask. Airport agents had no clue where our bags were. One of them said: "Why do you use Allegiant anyways?" On my way from Fort Lauderdale back to Columbus, I arrived early, waited in line for almost an hour, when I arrived at the counter they refused to check my bag because I am too early. Here we are sitting at the airport entrance nowhere to go. When I told the agent that I will never use this airline again she replied: "No. You will!" Wow! They think because they give lower rates they can abuse people with no consequences. Too bad, I would rather pay a bit more and be treated with respect, get my luggage on time, check in when I arrive and enjoy the restaurants in the airport. I will tell my colleagues at OSU to avoid this airline!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Allegiant airlines is about the best you are going to get for the money. I am very pleased with their military and veterans program which allows for free baggage, priority boarding, and ticket counter printing services. No other airlines compare. Do prepare for delays at times, which is really no different than other airlines, but we were told to arrive two hours before our flight out of Nashville but when we got there there was no one at the ticket counter and the line of people waiting went out the door and down the sidewalk! But once someone showed up to start checking people in, the process went quickly and smoothly. Planes took off and landed on time every time we've flown. Definitely recommend Allegiant airlines, especially now since they do fly in to many major cities. Hopefully they'll get closer to Chicago in the near future!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

We were checking our bags at the counter and our Allegiant flight was on time. Before the lady could check us in completely we received a message our flight was delayed 7 hours. We would have missed our cruise out of Port Canaveral. We frantically had to reschedule our flight to Punta Gorda so we would be able to make our cruise. That put us 3 hours away and we had to get a rental van for all 11 of us flying. The airline is unreliable and not dependable. I am at Sanford Airport now waiting for our flight back to Indy and am hoping it is not cancelled or delayed. What a fiasco that was. Flight 1804 from Indianapolis is the one delayed 7 hours on December 14. With very minimal notice.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I have been denied my refund from Allegiant Airlines. I was offered a travel voucher for $194. It was never used and they never contacted me again. Their main intent is to keep my $399.98 according to their terms and conditions, which is a scam to keep your money. Upon reading all the complaints how do they stay in business? This trip was cancelled in due time. They did not incur a hardship for me not traveling. Disabled vet with PTSD, unable to hold a job, I am on disability and fixed income. Every cent I have is needed. To get an atty will cost me money I don't have. Can anyone stop these crooks.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Do not fly this airline. They are the biggest rip off artist on the planet and if you do you better get insurance because even if your child dies and you cannot make your flight, tough luck, they do not care about you. If and when you do fly and you have to be there 2 hours before your flight or your luggage will not get on. Once you are on the plane be prepared to be cramped an uncomfortable. The flight attendants are so rude. I cannot say enough about how horrible this airline is. DO NOT FLY WITH THEM.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Flew from VPS to BWI on 11/28/18 and returned 12/1/18. Both flights were fast with absolutely great customer service both ways. Honestly the best flight experience ever. I believe people get upset due to their lack of understanding about the baggage, carry-on, etc.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I have flown Allegiant since its arrival in Punta Gorda, and from August through October took numerous RT flights to Cleveland due to an ill parent. On a return in October from Cleveland, while pushing a wheeled walker and my carry-on luggage, already paid for, I approached the check-in counter with a request, "I need some help". Instead, I was told by the agent that my bag needed to be checked. The carry-on bag that was already paid for, the same carry-on bag I had flown to Cleveland with on this trip and every previous trip on Allegiant and any other airline I have flown on for business travel, as I always take my carry-on bag.

The two agents at the counter, and later at boarding, were non-compassionate, and apparently, had developed a scheme to suck a little more money from customers by demanding payment to check a bag, already previously paid for. It was apparent, that these two agents were interested in embarrassing me, by turning me back to the desk on priority check in, inconveniencing me, and charging me for a bag already paid for. I have not yet heard from Allegiant customer service despite sending to emails. After many positive flights with the airline, it only takes one bad experience to make one look elsewhere. Allegiant should invest in some customer service training with agents. When a customer comes to the counter and says: "I need help", the only response should be: "how can we help you?"

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Allegiant has changed dramatically. At checkpoint they make you throw any liquids over your limit away and the people there are like scavengers. They're waiting to get it. I also had a death in my family and tried changing flights for myself & 3 teens. And that was a no go. I mean wow. The flight is cheap but just not worth the hassle. I definitely wouldn't recommend going through them. Fly through someone else. They also have sooo many mechanical problems! They will tear your luggage up and won't pay for it. No complimentary drinks or snacks. The drinks and chips are way overpriced. And the flight attendants are ruder than a **.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I will never fly Allegiant ever again!!! I was skeptical with all the bad reviews only to show that they were right... I had a death in the family and had to cancel my trip last minute and now I am out so much money because they don’t accept death certificates. It is a scam, cheap flying is not worth the awful experience.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Was meant to fly with Allegiant Air on Thursday but had to cancel my trip due to a family bereavement. Now most airlines and travel companies offer refunds for bereavements with an upload of death certificate. Not Allegiant. Upon closer inspection in their terms and conditions they do not offer refunds for bereavements to 'keep fares low'. Allegiant: At least have the courtesy to amend your terms and conditions to speak the truth and say "We do not offer refunds on bereavements because we as a company have zero compassion and don't view flexibility for the bereaved as a decent thing to do. As a business we feel that maintaining our status as a budget airline is way more important than being decent human beings."

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Allegiant now charges MORE if you want to change your seat after booking. I get anxiety if I'm stuffed in those seats like sardines, so I always check before I complete my check in process, to see if the seats next to me are still open. They already charge a seat fee when you book, so why in the hell do they charge to change to a seat that is the same price? They never used to do that. This will be my last time flying with Allegiant.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I didn't read reviews until the day before our trip so I was horrified, but I prayed hard and remained hopeful and it paid off! This was an LAX/EUG roundtrip for two adults and two kids. On-time departures and arrivals. Efficient check-in, baggage check, boarding. Friendly attendants; I appreciated their diversity in age, size, appearance, etc. Clean plane, comfortable seating, plenty of space but I'm 5'2" and not overweight. Best price even with the baggage charge. I would fly them again from Los Angeles to Oregon. Customer service before our trip was totally lacking but issue was resolved before day of need.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I fly Allegiant Air quite frequently and am always disgusted by their flight attendants and staff. However, today I am beyond over them. I brought my liquids in the exact amount that is allowed on the plane from Phoenix to Montana. There were absolutely no issues with the liquids. However today on the way back it is now against their policy. So I had to throw away over a $100 worth of soap, shampoo, conditioner, and other things you need on vacation.

This is not my only issue. They are always rude, absolutely nothing is free and everything is overpriced. They talk to everyone like they are children and refuse to allow anyone switch seats because and I quote "the plane has been weight calculated based on everyone sitting in their assigned seat." I had to pay an extra $47 today in order for the three of us to sit next to each other! We bought our tickets together and we are traveling with my son. There is no reason that we should have to pay extra in order for us to sit next to each other! Good luck trying to switch seats. So you are forced to buy the seats!!?? Cheap is proving to not be worth the constant headache. I think now is a good time to blast them. I have heard from multiple people that they have issues with Allegiant! It's absolutely ridiculous the way they treat their customers. #Allegiantsucks #Allegiantisrude

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

What are the chances of three times in a row, in a two month period, there are HOURS of delay for Maintenance problems. I am deeply concerned about the safety of this airlines! No frill flights are great, BUT if you value your time and life... AVOID this airline. Upfront flight costs look good until you add on costs of seat choice, luggage, and strictly enforced personal item size/weight. Not to mention the Customer Service feels like the Gestapo. No more for me, thank you very much!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

My first time and last time flying with Allegiant Airline. My experience was horrible. I went online to google some cheap fares and Allegiant Airlines popped up. I was so excited about leaving for my trip I forgot to check them out just for precaution reason. I was more taken back about their prices. Well on my trip back all hell broke loose. Allegiant overbooked the flight and because they were under pressure to try to seat people on top of each other. That was the only flight leaving from Orlando Florida to New York on a Sunday. There was not going to be a another flight going to New York until that upcoming Tuesday. The airline didn't allow me to pick my seats so they stuck myself and my son way in the back. No air in the back the bathroom smelling funky. Then here come the rude flight attendants, they have no work ethics, no care and concern for the passengers, VERY ignorant with no training on how to address the public.

What I do know about businesses is that: integrity plays a big part in building a brand and the consumers are the most important part in building that brand. In other words without us there would be no Allegiant. The workers was lacking, integrity, the ability to work under pressure, and no compassion for working with people. I began to speak up and express myself because I felt it was wrong for them to ask my son to move out of his seat so that they could accommodate a woman who had 10 people with her. So I said absolutely not my son is not moving from his seat. From there all the attendants began to gang up on me instigating something that was so small. Because I spoke up for my self, they got together and made a decision to kick me off the plane with them knowing that there would not be another flight until Tuesday, leaving myself and son stranded in Sanford International Airport nowhere to go.

I began to put on my thinking cap on how I was going to get myself out of this situation. THE REAL REASON on why they kick me off is because they needed to accommodate people, for them overbooking the flight, not to mention they wanted to have power and control over the situation. When is it ever harmful for a person to speak up for what's right. They called the situation with me being disruptive and they fear for their safety. YEAH RIGHT. In moving forward I had to rent another car drive to Orlando International Airport, where it was utterly chaos. That was one of the reasons I chose to fly Allegiant to avoid the mess at Orlando Airport.

After going through all the airlines at the airport we got down to the last airline. JETBLUE was the only airline going to New York. I was in Orlando Airport for 10 hours when it should have taken me 2 and a half hours to get home. Instead of the cheap price tickets that I purchase from Allegiant, I had to dish out tickets from JetBlue for the amount of $739.00 because of the Labor Day weekend the ticket prices were higher, plus food plus a cab from Westchester International Airport to Steward International Airport $88.00 so that I can pick up my car.

The nightmare and the humiliation ridicule that I experience has been a eye opener for taking time out to research these airlines who present themselves as the best in the business. Even with this being said I wouldn't really know until I deal with them. By the way I had a fantastic flight back with JetBlue. I would never use Allegiant Airlines ever again, not to mention I will be suing them in small claims court for reimbursement for damages.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

On a domestic flight RT, my hard case luggage, which was brand new (it had been purchased on a trip just a week before and therefore had only been used one-way, one-time) returned with a hole in the hard case and zipper broken. A properly submitted claim was made with Allegiant for reimbursement. Allegiant responded that they were not liable for any damage and refused any responsibility, responding that the claim was closed, there was no recourse and they would not review nor respond to any communication of the matter. This is completely unsatisfactory. Since they charge a fee for a checked bag, there is an implicit implied responsibility for safe and proper handling of the baggage. The response given to a valid claim furthers the insult. This airline is NOT cheap in the long run with all the added fees and their lousy service, not to mention their safety issues. I would NEVER recommend flying this airline to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Traveled and gate checked our stroller. Had a protective bag for it. When got home the gate attendant/bag handler was dragging our stroller on the concrete. He tore our protective bag and damaged stroller frame. Went back and forth with Allegiant but they won’t cover it. Told me to go back to the manufacturer? A manufacturer isn’t going to cover their employee's negligence. Not worth the cheap fare.

Allegiant Air Company Information

www.allegiantair.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.