Allegiant Air

Compare Airlines

Research top Airlines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I travel Allegiant every month. Great price, in 1 1/2 years, only one flight delayed for only one hour. You can take your pets on board with you. Staff is friendly, haven't encountered any rude employees at all. I have used many airlines for decades, this is my favorite. USAir got us to Hawaii 5 hours late, Delta always has layovers in Atlanta, wasting hours. Allegiant has great prices, direct flights and never late.

We were on Flight 576 from Clearwater Florida to Rockford Illinois. First off, on our flight down, only one of two bathrooms were working, resulting in long lines. Ridiculous. On our flight back, after they said the crew was on board for our comfort and safety were their main concern, we ended up sitting on the tarmac for 40+ minutes, without air conditioning and a plane full of people. We had elderly people along with several people who had trouble breathing. While we sat in a very uncomfortable and dangerous situation, the crew did nothing for our "comfort and safety". My family witnessed the lack of concern and will not be using this airline, moving forward. One would think they, this Clearwater based crew, would offer water and/or allow us to get off the plane. People could not breathe and they could of cared less. It was nothing short of scary. Never again.

Flight delayed 6 hours, boarded the plane, then an hour later we were told that the airplane was broken. The flight was reschedule a full 24 hours after the original departure. Customer service was horrible. A complete lack of accountability. The worst experience I have ever encountered with an airline. We were first told that the flight was delayed due to weather. Then after boarding we were told they were locating the flight log, and they were doing a head count, because seats were overbooked. Then we were told the plane was broken. I was offered a 100 voucher for another trip. I will never fly Allegiant Airlines again. Totally unprofessional and unacceptable.

I've traveled twice now with you guys. Each time my flights were delayed. These are separate days. We sit boarded on a plane for up to 30 mins while the pilot and attendees chat. Meanwhile we have no idea what's going on except we're told we would be leaving soon. Punctuation is everything. They have said both time there was a problem with the plane. I think maintenance needs to be on all the planes. The service is terrible because we're paying for a specific flight. Without doubt it's always delayed and unfair. I'll pay for better planes that will run on time. Upon reading reviews this is typical and Allegiant should not be trusted.

Horrible experience! We had already checked in online and had our boarding passes. We arrived at the airport early as we had to check our bags. I spoke with the attendant at the counter and was told we couldn't check our bags till 2 hours prior our departure. She had the opportunity to tell me there would probably be a very long line & suggest that I wait there (but she did not). We left and went to another part of the airport. We decided to come back early and found there were about 50 people in line. After waiting in line a little while we found that a different Allegiant flight was now boarding. Those people were moved to the front of the line so they wouldn't miss their flight. The line was now VERY LONG & there were only 2 attendants at the counter. To think I could have been the first person in line had the attendant given me a heads up. Read reviews before you book with Allegiant!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

This has been the worst travel experience! Our flight scheduled out of New Orleans March 3 was canceled 45 minutes prior to departure with little to no communication from staff leaving passengers providing mixed and confusing information to one another. Allegiant staffers have been so rude and insulting to say the least. We tried calling customer service but the phone lines never gave us a live person. We were insulted by the airline's offer of $8 dollar meal vouchers for a full 24 hrs. (Which several vendors would not honor. Lucky Dogs was our declining vendor.) You can't purchase water & peanuts on airlines for $8. The inconvenience cost me nearly $200 in round-trip transportation to and from my hotel to the airport. Additional fees to park my car at Allegiant's parking lot. Hundreds more in food and miscellaneous unexpected purchases.

I'm unable to return home to my children. Whom I've been away from longer than expected causing childcare inconveniences. And to my RESCHEDULE flight scheduled to depart from New Orleans Saturday March 4 at 11:47 has now been DELAYED and additional 2 hrs. This is completely unacceptable. I feel like I'm being held hostage by your airline!! Not to mention I've now ran out of my daily dose of prescribe medication to control my anxiety and my health is now at risk!! I will never travel with this airline again EVEN IF IT WERE FREE and nor will I ever recommend anyone else!! This has caused unnecessary stress and increased anxiety for me and many other passengers!

I waited on the phone for over an hour trying to get through to Allegiant Air's customer service. I was trying to book a round trip ticket for a child under two. The problem was the day we had planned on flying home would have been her birthday. When I finally got through to an agent, I was told to book a one way ticket to our destination and then another one way ticket for our return home flight. I was told this in a very short, rude way and then immediately hung up on. That was a nice warm and fuzzy feeling after being held on the phone for over an hour.

I felt like this was a really cheap, tacky way to treat a customer. They couldn't give us a little leeway on the flight home? If they really want to get technical the child was born in the evening and we would be flying home in the morning, so no, she wouldn't really be two yet. I didn't book the flight because I will be going with Southwest! They may cost more but at least I will be treated better.

On Thursday December 8th, I flew with Allegiant airlines from Austin to Cincinnati. I was one of the last to board and the aircraft was out of overhead bin space by the time I got on. The flight attendant told me she was going to gate check my bag. I protested and told her I had my purse and laptop in that bag. She replied, "Ma'am, your bag will be handed right back to you as soon as we land." I then allowed her to take my bag and took my seat. We were pulling away from the gate about five minutes later. Upon arriving in Cincinnati I was told to pick up my bag at baggage claim. When I complained I was told my bag would be handed right back to me, the same flight attendant told me, "We're short staffed tonight."

When my bag came off the ramp at baggage claim I noticed right away it was halfway unzipped... my wallet and laptop were missing. Employees at the Allegiant counter were reluctant to help me. The flight attendant also forgot to put a gate check tag on my bag. I was scolded for leaving valuables in my own bag that I was never supposed to have out of my sight. I had to push for them to call airport police and for them to send someone to check the plane. The Cincinnati airport police refused to file a report and tried to say my items were probably stolen in Austin. After hours of going through paperwork and the complaint process, I left and was assured by Allegiant that someone from their corporate office would call the next day.

It has now been five days and I have not received a call. I have received an auto generated email from Allegiant that basically says they will probably not even reimburse me for my stolen items. I am extremely frustrated and angry with the way both Allegiant and the Cincinnati airport have handled this situation. Not only will I never use them in the future but I would strongly caution any other travelers against using them if they can avoid doing so. If Allegiant or the Cincinnati airport were to do any sort of customer service recovery, I will be sure to update accordingly. I apologize for any missing words or grammatical errors in this message. I have had to text it from my phone... as my laptop was stolen.

My husband and daughter are traveling on Allegiant on Thursday. My daughter had surgery this Monday and was advised not to travel by her doctor. We called and tried to change the name on one of the tickets and were told we were not able to do that for any reason. My husband is recovering from a heart attack. He suffer 3 weeks ago and my daughter is going to travel with him so he isn't stressed any more than necessary. When we were supposed to travel 3 weeks ago with Southwest Air had no problem refunding our money because of his heart attack. I am not even asking for that. This is terrible customer service!

I checked their site for pet travel. It plainly says that there is no problem to carry a pet, in the right bag. After we were seated in the plane, an attendant showed up asked about our little puppy and demanded $100 fee!! There was no room for protest or negotiation. Later I rechecked their site, below the explanation about pet travel, there are FAQs, many unnecessary stupid questions I would never pay attention to, the last one, down below was: "Is there a fee for pet travel?" Only when you click on that question, if you ever happen to see it, the answer is YES, $100 for each direction!! CROOKS! They should have posted all the relevant information right there at the top of the page, something like "For a fee of $100 on each direction we will allow a pet on board..." and not hiding it under FAQ which is an optional reading.

The workers were very helpful, and we didn't have any complaints about the airline. Everything went very smoothly. I would definitely recommend to other patrons. The miles program is very good. You really get a lot for being a loyal customer. They are very easy to earn and use. A round trip flight was very reasonable. It is just about the cheapest in the region. A very good value for a long flight.

The customer service was spectacular! Everything was taken care of and my flight was the most comfortable one I've had. I highly recommend this air service to anyone who flies for business or even leisure. The rewards I receive are airline miles and cash back. I use my miles to cover the cost of my flight when I have enough and when I don't I use my cash back points to cover the remainder. I have personally never had to cancel but with the policy it is very agreeable and same as most of the other flights I take for my business and leisure. If I do ever have to cancel, I will follow the policy. My perceived value of the flight was splendid. The attendants were very helpful and their service was amazing. The value of all the employees to the passengers was great.

Our flight was delayed over four hours, and we were lied to multiple times. The employees continuously said that the plane was fifteen minutes away... for hours. Also, the flight attendants were extremely rude. I feel like the trip was during a tense time or something. I'd try again to see if it's any different. I wasn't offered any rewards for the flights I booked. So, that really lessens the interest I have for them. They did have decent airplane food and similar airline options, such as that, but it's not better than bigger airlines, such as American or Delta.

I didn't end up canceling any flights. My family booked about a month in advance, but we went through with every part of it, as planned ahead of time. So, for us, cancellations were not an issue at all. I didn't actually check their policies, but I would say they'd probably be fair. It was a good flight. The planes they had, (in addition to all of their services and such blah blah blah), got us where we needed to go, so I can't complain. The whole purpose of taking a flight is to get from one place to another, and they succeeded in doing that much, at least.

They were friendly and happy. They took good care of us. I was traveling with my infant son so I was nursing. They were very sensitive and caring that I was comfortable and so was the baby. I did not get any rewards for flying with Allegiant. I don't recall even being offered any when we booked the flight. The cancellation policy is fine. It's very similar to everyone else's policy. Most places have a charge if you need to make a change or cancel flight. Allegiant is a great airline with great value for the flights. My mother in law uses you ALL the time. Always happy with the price and we always use Allegiant.

The staff was professional, courteous, friendly and helpful. It was an altogether rewarding and pleasant experience. The cabin was clean, comfortable, and fresh. The food and drink was good, and the service was attentive. I did not use the rewards program, as I do not fly often enough to build up rewards, nor do I acquire rewards from any other source. Those who do use rewards would, of course, be getting a good bargain. The cancellation policy is as fair as any other airline; sometimes a customer may have a good reason to cancel, and the airline cannot pay a penalty for those circumstances that do arise. I have not had to cancel, so it has never been a problem for me. The value of flying this airline is quite good. I always like to find a real bargain when I travel, and I am satisfied to pay the regular fares required by this company.

I thought they were very helpful and very friendly and were willing to go the extra mile for you. They were very polite and accommodating for everything I needed. I think the rewards are very good. I am always happy when I collect them. You give different choices to pick from More than other airlines. Their cancellation policy isn't Bad. As long as you cancel in the right amount of time you should have no problems with the cancellation. The airlines prices are priced very well. The prices are good and you get your money's worth down to the last penny even if you don't think you do.

Everyone was very accommodating and friendly. I felt safe and in good hands. I had no issues but if I did, I felt confident that it would've been resolved professionally. I love a good rewards program and honestly, this is one of the better ones out there. Very satisfied and I will be a repeat customer. I've got to keep those rewards coming. I have no experience canceling a flight. But, I'm sure if I had to, they would've been very accommodating. Maybe in the future I'll find out and then post about it. Inexpensive flight, relatively speaking. I've flown several airlines in the past and feel I've really gotten a great value.

I just love, love, love them so much as a whole company and they are the greatest ever in my book. You can't get any better than this. This part is pretty season in my book overall and a loyal customer. They rest me and I should be treated. They are just the greatest. I adore this part of their service. You can't ask for anything better than this part they offer to their loyal customers. They know how to treat a customer all around. No complaint about their policy. This is so great as I accustomed. I just love how they are willing to accommodate the loyal customer with how they run their business in general.

Customer service was pretty good. Every time I needed something or had questions I could call and my concerns would be met in a timely manner. It was great service. The rewards that are offered are free miles and whatnot. They have a great rewards program that I use a whole lot. It is one of the best that I have seen in the industry. Cancellation policy is one of the best in the industry. They will refund your money if you are not satisfied or have a problem with your service. They are very courteous and polite. They have a great value that I use over and over again. They have some of the best values out there.

Air attendant made sure my family and I was comfortable. Provided us with adequate service. Booking the airline was not a hassle at all and would recommend others to fly with this airline. The rewards are fair and you get great rewards with points. I was able to get free baggage claim when I reached a total of 100 points. And the points are also easy to accumulate. Once I did had to postpone a flight, they were very understanding and gave me another ticket for a later date for only a small fee. I think anywhere else I would have had to pay much more. I truly would recommend this airline. I felt safe while flying, as I am usually quite afraid. The people working for the airline seem to have good values and value their customers to keep them flying with them.

I will recommend this company to all my friends that want to book flights in the near future, and I will leave positive feedback on this company's website. I like this flight company very much. They have helped me very much in booking flights, I love this company. I like this company's value very much. They work very hard to make the customers service very good. I will tell this to every one of my friends I know.

Allegiant Air Company Profile