3.7/5 (255 ratings)

About Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

I am currently on flight 543 that was suppose to leave from Nashville at 4:46pm. We did not leave until almost 6pm. We arrived in Grand Rapids around 7:30pm. The pilot told us we may have to circle around because of the weather or go to a nearby airport and wait until the weather clear up. Well after 10 minutes we left and went right back into the sky. Nobody said why. After 15 minutes the pilot says we are going to Indiana to fuel up and wait until the weather clears up. After that nothing. Another 10-15 minutes he says we will arrive in about 60 miles (what is that I don't know). We arrived. They let us off the plane. We waited 2 hours.

By this time my nephew who arrived at 6:30pm to pick me up from Muskegon advised the weather was clear. I went to the desk and asked what we were waiting on. He said for another person to come in at 10pm. This pilot came at 10 pm. We got on the plane at 10:30pm.. It is now 12:50 am and we are still on the plane. We have to ask for updates. They have gave us 10 different waiting reasons. Even waiting for fuel was a reason. Mind you this is the reason we came to Indiana 4 hours ago. I asked one of the workers name Hillary for an update. She rolled her eyes at me and walked away.

I have a 6 year old and a teenager starving. Had to ask for water and a snack. They gave us some small pretzels. This airline is a disaster. I have never ever experienced such lies/broken promises and made up reasons to wait. Now my ride has left after 6.5 hours of waiting because he had to work at 2am. So when I arrive to Grand Rapids I have to figure out a ride to Muskegon in the am with a toddler and teenager. I hate this place right now.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

I bought round trip tickets to visit family in Florida just before the pandemic hit! Unfortunately I wasn’t able to go due to pandemic but was refused refund credit only. So I Had booked to go but unfortunately again was scammed for a vehicle and lost all my money due to it so had to cancel my trip last minute. I was told tough cookie you lost all your money. No refunds, credit or reschedule. I tried to explain this ticket was from pandemic and I have legit paperwork from the police that I was robbed for all my money. A victim of a very large scandal that thankfully I was smart enough to unravel so no one else had to become victim but lost everything including my airfare. :(:(:(

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

Allegiant has cancelled 3 of our flights just this year. Since they offer so few flights and don't code share with other airlines, you are left stuck having to purchase very expensive last minute fares on other airlines. They just did it to us again for Thanksgiving week. Our flight was cancelled 8 days before the trip with no explanation. We had the privilege of spending $800 more for holiday travel since it was pretty last minute. Whatever savings you think you are getting upfront by a budget airlines will bite you in the rear since you will spend far more due to all their cancelled flights. We will no longer risk it. When I have called customer service, they said that is the risk you take and why they are so cheap. Grrr.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

In the last 3 weeks I have had 3 terrible encounters with Allegiant. I am not one to usually leave bad reviews when the circumstances are generally out of their control but I think this needs to be known by future travelers. On a flight from Orange County to Provo and as we were about to take off the captain announced that there were negative weather conditions in Provo so they would try to land but “it’s not looking good”. So as they were about to land in Provo they began to ascend and then said “We won’t be able to land, we are diverting to Mesa, AZ”. Ugh. So we get to Mesa Gateway and basically they just kicked everyone off the plane and said “You can book another flight on the app or rebook with another airline.” Uh, the next flight back to Provo was 3 days later, it was almost midnight and there were mother other airlines from that tiny airport.

Two hundred people on that flight were displaced to AZ and Allegiant did nothing to help any of them. Some of them were younger teens traveling alone and lots of families just coming from Disney. I had to book a flight out of Phoenix the next day and paid 349 for one way. Between the 349 fare, the hotel that night and the Uber fares I was out almost $500. ALLEGIANT DID NOTHING but give me a voucher for a later flight. No other airline would have handled this in such a manner. It was so inconsiderate. Not to mention that my husband who was waiting for me in Provo was never able to get a straight answer from any customer service person about where my plane was. He has no idea where I was until I called him.

Fast forward to 4 days ago… we have had Disney trip planned for months. We get a notice that the Provo-SNA flight was cancelled. So we scramble to rebook a one way flight to get there, of course paying 3 times the fare. Two days later, they cancel the SNA to Provo flight back!! Seriously?? So after now booking another one way flight to get home we have paid THREE TIMES THE FARE so that we can maintain our plans and not lose all our other deposits. I get cancellations happen for lots of reasons, but there should be some compensation for so much inconvenience especially this time of year. What’s going on ALLEGIANT?? This has been the most frustration and inconsiderate experience I have ever had with an airline. Truly, I won’t be using them again. There is too much other worthy competition.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

We have flown Allegiant Air many times over the years. I will go out of my way to fly with this airline, even over Delta. I don't know how they continue to offer such low fares flying mostly into their own small airports such as Clearwater-St Pete & Phoenix-Mesa. Our recent trip was from Toledo to Phoenix-Mesa. Two tickets with upgrades came to $252 in total. Get serious. If we would have driven to Detroit-DTW and flown with Delta it would have been over $1,000. The arrival and depart times were during the day and not red-eye like Delta. Very clean and modern planes. The staff is always pleasant.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

I booked a flight for Granddaughter's wedding from Sarasota to Flint. On Allegiant Air. The flight was for Nov.10th. I booked in August. September 4th my husband passed away, then Hurricane Ian hit my area in Florida. I was one of the lucky ones, I can still live in my house, but need a new roof, new ceilings in Great Room and Kitchen plus outside trees and shrubs look like a war zone. I call customer service for 2 days and could not get through. After research I found another number, got in touch with customer service. I was on the phone for 51 minutes and ended paying $100.00 plus a deposit. They told me they paid to a car rental company. They gave me 2 vouchers, would not refund my late husband's money. I understand not mine. Most uncompassionate company I ever dealt with.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

This is now considered the worst airline I have ever traveled with. They announced a 4.5-hour delay with no explanation or empathy to travelers. We were offered some soda/pop, but no food vouchers or anything. I reached out to customer service twice by email, with no response. I tried the customer service line with an hour hold, to no avail. The chat box is never available. What a wasted airline!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

Allegiant app charged me twice for 1 roundtrip ticket over month and half ago.. Sent over 20 emails to their fake customer service, no response... NOW I'M GOING TO SUE THEM FOR THEFT, NEGLIGENCE, LATE FEES, INTEREST AND FALSE ADVERTISEMENT.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

Myself and another passenger had a flight booked for today, October 3, 2022 to Ft. Myers, Fl. today. My house was completely destroyed, I talked to an agent regarding what to do, and I was told that unless the airline, Allegiant, cancelled it themselves I would still be charged for the flight. I checked the status of the Ft. Myers airport RSW, and the airport is still closed today. So no commercial flights could land. Allegiant airlines is still going to charge me for the flights, even though the airport is closed.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2022

You have no right to keep any of the money. Especially on such a thing as having to cancel because of a hurricane!!! You are a bunch of scumbags. I despise your company and eSky for keeping $64.32 of my money because you cancelled my previous flight. You are nothing but a rip-off. Always looking for ways to steal people's money, I am disabled and on social security. You are the scum of the earth. Treat people the way you want to be treated. You have been reported!!!

Allegiant Air Company Information