2. Travel
  3. Airlines

3.6/5 (322 ratings)

About Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: April 9, 2021

We booked a flight to Destin Fla. After booking I read their reviews. I then started wishing I booked with someone else. But the flight and the crew were excellent! Nothing at all to complain about. They were very nice. Had the same crew for the return. The plane was clean and spotless. I thought it was strange having to pay for carry on bags. That was the only thing to complain about. So I was relieved when it was over. I’ll fly with them in a heartbeat.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Provides excellent service at an incredible price point. No frills but cabins clean and personnel very helpful. They also give many discounts to our Military which is awesome. And I like that the airports they tend to use are less crowded than the major airports. Makes for a much less stressful experience.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 21, 2021

The seats are so close together it’s hard to get comfortable. It is also so hard to find both ends of their seat belts. They have the nicest flight attendants. They are so very good with children and their flights seem to be always on time.

Original review: March 19, 2021

Social distancing was non existent. The price was great for the round trip flight but I felt as though I was in a cattle car. I guess I should not complain since I flew on the cheap and knew what I was getting into. The flight was uneventful and I arrived safely. The seats are very close together. On one leg of the trip comfort was fine, second leg of the trip, someone overweight sat next to me and spilled over into my seat. I will fly Allegiant again but realize that I am flying them for the great fare, not for comfort.

Original review: March 17, 2021

First time flyers with ALLEGIANT in 2020 at beginning of the lockdowns across the country in March 2020. From, ticket search to completion of journey....EXCELLENCE in every category. I have been a frequent flyer through many years and ALLEGIANT will be my go to airline. Please add more flights. Great job ALLEGIANT! AND THANK YOU.

Original review: July 24, 2021

I supposed to flight to Cincinnati for my daughter's wedding on 07/24..all of the sudden they cancelled the flight without any explanation or at least try to accommodate passengers in another flight. Here me CRYING because I MISSED MY DAUGHTER'S WEDDING! I BLAME Allegiant Air. YES IS CHEAP! BUT NOT A RELIABLE AIRLINE. YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THEY GOING TO CANCEL YOUR FLIGHT. No because is a cheap flight they have the right to cancel flight one hour before departing.. They do not have consideration for passengers. Passengers have reasons to flight and reasons why to pick cheap airlines, not money to flight in expensive airlines. WHAT A SHAME, ALLEGIANT!

Original review: July 23, 2021

I was trying to book flights via the phone number since the website kept kicking me out for days and days. I am currently on hold on their phone number, currently in hour 4 and have no hope of getting any support or help for the website or phone booking. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! Who runs a business like this????

Original review: July 18, 2021

We had an extremely unnerving, stressful and unsatisfactory experience with Allegiant. We have flown with many airlines, and when a situation arises for someone to give up their seat for monetary compensation, there is never an issue. We were to fly out July 9, from Stewart International Airport on flight 2278 to Sanford, FL. The flight was overbooked. Therefore, the gate agent started by requesting 3 volunteers to be bumped for $200 CASH and a rebooked flight. No one offered including us. After a few minutes the gate agent announced the offer was now $400 DOLLARS and a rebooking. Again we did not offer nor did anyone else. A short time after, the gate agent announced an offer of $800 DOLLARS and a rebooking. This offer piqued our interest and the 3 members of our party volunteered.

As we walked to the gate agent, other passengers commented to us they wish they could volunteer, but couldn’t…comments were overheard exclaiming “$800 dollars cash, that would be nice”. We arrived to the gate agent, who we later came to know was Rosemary ** the station manager. She was overwhelmed with the amount of people trying to get on the plane and asked us to hold tight and wait to “take care of us”. When the flight was all boarded with the gate doors closed and the plane pulling away, she commenced the process of arranging our compensation.

To our shock and extreme disappointment, we soon received emails containing a link to only FLIGHT CREDITS, and not the monetary compensation we were expecting. She simply shrugged us off and said we misunderstood her and the only option was the $200 cash or the flight credits. We insisted that she call again and tell them we were told $800 DOLLARS and NOT FLIGHT CREDITS, however after getting off the phone, she told us take it or leave it, $200 in monetary compensation or the Flight credits, even telling us that no airline would give that much as compensation. This we know for a fact not to be true, as we have had previous experiences with other airlines (American, Delta, United, Jet blue) which have offered $400, $600 even up to $1200 in MONETARY COMPENSATION for giving up a seat.

At this point, apparently the state trooper was called, however we were at no time violent, not swearing, not being belligerent or yelling. We were strongly defending our position for what we and all the other passengers around the gate clearly understood was offered, $800 DOLLARS per passenger for the 3 seats that were needed. We insisted that Ms. ** call again and tell the office we were not satisfied with the $200, she again stated we were wrong, and that we would never get more than the $200. We told her to call again and speak to a manager, which she finally did.

The result was a $400 offer which we reluctantly accepted. There was an email that was supposed to come through, and she informed us just to leave and we would receive it within 15 minutes. Our trust in the airline had been clearly damaged, so we did not wish to leave until we received the email. She left us there telling us it would come through and that she was done. She walked away and left us with the state trooper to escort us out. This is how Allegiant repays their passengers who inconvenience themselves to allow the airline to carry on with the scheduled flight, give us less money and call the police to escort us away.

The offer as was understood by all present at the gate was $800, now we were stuck in NY for 3 MORE DAYS until our rescheduled flight on Monday morning.

We were somehow expected to make arrangements for accommodations, transportation and meals with the money received, not to mention that we would all be missing a 1/2 day of work on Monday morning upon returning to Florida. The whole way that this situation played out was unacceptable. Basically, we gave up our seats to accommodate a blunder on Allegiant’s behalf of overselling a flight, and we got stuck paying for it by not receiving the amount promised.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I have flown with Allegiant Air for years. Always joked that they would fly out that they would fly out with no one else would. It was great service back in the day. I don’t know if Covid hit them that bad but I will never fly with them ever again. I was trying to get to NH see my mother & the rest of my family. I had finally download the app the night before the flight I checked in I’ll set 20 minutes later I get a dang flight has been canceled no reason. Come to find out they had no aircraft. Do they realize people make plans and you can’t cancel at the last minute. I had bought it my dogs may travel arrangements inconvenience to my family were disappointed in and see me. You can’t click on the app to change the flight or refund. Prior to this they charged me double the price. You could never get a hold of anybody I was on hold for over three hours, they don’t answer emails texts instant messaging. Horrible customer service now. Goodbye Allegiant.

Original review: July 13, 2021

I flew Allegiant frequently, never an issue. Had to cancel flight due to Covid & received a voucher. I tried to use the voucher, website said I am not authorized. 4 hours on hold for Customer Service.

Allegiant Air Company Information