1.51/5
Based on 57 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Allegiant Air

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

72 Allegiant Air Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

On 2/18/18 my wife and I was travelling to New Orleans for business. We check in at the ticket counter. They taken our baggage, we went through security and then straight to our gate to find that the gate was closed. We were not told until later that they boarded early. They refused to get us another flight out and said they don’t do refunds at all for any reason. 6 hours later we arrived to find out that they locked our luggage up and that we have to go back to the Airport at 10:30 the next morning because they don’t deliver luggage for any reason.

I called customer service and waited online for over 35 minutes while walking around the airport trying to get help. The other airlines all were there helping their customers and Allegiant air has no office and they only work Tuesday and Thursday! Customer service said that they don’t refund money or send your luggage for anyone for any reason. The worst customer service I ever experienced! I had to buy more tickets to fly. Thank you South West airlines. Should had used them the beginning.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Absolute worst customer service reps there is. Cancelled a return flight home on my parents with no explanation. Then charged them $300 ea for the same original seats. This airline is known for being terrible.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

My husband and I are Canadian military members. I phoned Allegiant Air to ask if baggage was free for us. I was booking my trip online and wasn't sure if I should include my carry on and checked baggage to my total. I was told we were covered so I didn't include any baggage in the total cost. We have flown with Allegiant 6 times from Minot, ND and recommend to all our friends, family and fellow military to do the same. We've never had a problem before but this time, even though I called, were given a hard toon the way there and were forced to pay full price on the way home. I feel lied to.

If I'd have known I would have paid the cheaper price online rather than the full price at the airport. We felt totally disrespected as customers, as serving members of the military of the U.S.' closest allied country. Our airlines in Canada respect serving members of other countries, Allegiant should do the same. We will no longer travel Allegiant and will discourage everyone we know to do the same.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018 Thanksgiving Holiday left Oakland, Ca. Went through HELL just to get our boarding passes. No kiosk. 1 employee at check in desk. She wanted to force us 2 adults & 2 kids to pay $5 per ticket to board. Told us to "use the app" twice. 3rd time returned to desk had to speak to Supervisors twice to get passes printed.

Leaving Las Vegas Sunday after Holiday. Same issue. No kiosk. No way to get tickets from employees at all this time. Told to "use app". Made it through hella long TSA line. Family all without shoes ready to board plane. App NEVER worked.

Ran through airport to desk...again. Refused to print passes. Elaine ** and trainee whispered "we already sold to standby" our tickets...even though we were more than on time and app NEVER worked. Gave me a little scrap of paper with a 877 #. Went back into Vegas. Contracted Valley Fever. Apparently, I will have to take meds FOR LIFE for this rare disease. No cure. Had to pay Southwest $1200 to get us out 2 days later. Airplane to Vegas sounded rickety and my Hubby being a mechanic was sweating the whole ride... Sad story. Life altering.

Allegiant does NOT care about human life or families. Profit over everything. Gone are the days of adhering to the agreements made at time of purchase. This airline banks on locking people out of flights ensuring the app works for people paying top dollar last minute and NOT working for prepaid customers. It was VERY obvious they saw an advantage in taking standby passengers willing to pay ANYTHING to leave Vegas on the 2nd busiest travel day after 1/1. No empathy. No compassion. Money over one's health. Airplanes in refurbished cheap conditions. Very scary.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I intended to book a trip for mid-February. Due to an issue, on my computer it booked a different date. I called immediately after and was told because it wasn't enough notice before the trip, I could not cancel or make any changes. Ridiculous policy that a change can't be made immediately after. When I spoke with a representative, I was told there is nothing we can do, you should have read the terms better. I understand the terms, I made a mistake. Then the representative goes on to tell me to make sure I am at the airport early, yadda yadda.

I told him repeatedly I would not be going as I booked the wrong date and can't get those dates off. I am then informed that I am expected to be there regardless, and it is my responsibility. Staff was very condescending and quite rude on the phone. I was polite but found the entire conversation super frustrating. A simple ended up costing $800, a cancelled trip, and absolutely no understanding. When I tried calling back a few days later to make sure there are no additional charges for not showing up at the hotel, all I get told is there is no credit or refund, yet no one is willing to answer a simple question. Very poor customer service and I urge anyone thinking of booking through Allegiant to rethink it, and go with a different airline.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Flight 12/30/17 from Harrisburg, PA to Fl at 10:44am...it started snowing at 5am that morning. We left earlier than normal. Used one of 2 ways to get to that airport-PA Turnpike...speeds were reduced to 45mph. So a normal 45 minute drive turned into about 1 1/2 hours. Got to mile marker 251. Bad accident. Road shut down. Our exit was 247. We sat on highway for almost 2 hours! Called the airport and Allegiant numerous times because we were late, stuck in the winter weather and accident - not once did we get an actual person.

Got to the airport and all Allegiant desks were closed and unmanned. There was no information desk. Plane left without us. It was beyond my circumstance. My trip was ruined. The worst part is that you cannot cancel a flight under 7 days - so my return flight in 5 days could not be altered; and Allegiant would not issue any type of credit. They are cheap but once you add a bag, 2 seat assignments they are equal to everyone else. The lack of customer service is the worst part. This situation was out of my control; there were probably more customers stuck on that snowy road and yet Allegiant has decided to keep my $800 dollars for both flights.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

The price for the tickets is barely below other airlines, but the customer service is awful. My mom came to visit me for just a weekend, and spent 6 hours waiting at the airport for the plane to be 'fixed'. I later read other comments from other customers with different routes, and they had the same problem. People will stop buying from them if they do not improve their service. The personnel is rude and doesn't care about giving good customer service. Calling them takes forever and will not help with anything.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Headed home this morning from Punta Gorda, FL airport to Concord, NC and was screened by a TSA officer whose badge was purposefully turned over as I was patted down TWICE. My bags went thru the scanner without being flagged, but then all of a sudden when my food products (coffee and water flavor packs) were tested I was then informed that my items had been flagged for further search. If that was the case then why was I able to retrieve them prior to being told that???

Then the TSA officer who I will describe, since she did not have her name clearly visible, was a heavy set woman w/ dark hair, cock-eyed and wore arm compression sleeves as one wears if they have tattoos. She was very rude and the tone in speaking to me was very harsh as if she was speaking to a child. She even called security on me for no reason at all... I guess as a scare tactic, but couldn't tell him the reason for calling him when he asked her. I will NEVER FLY Allegiant again. I was embarrassed as I have flown with this airline and through this particular airport numerous times, traveling with the same SEALED, store bought items and there was never an issue.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Just because we don't show for a flight, you cancel our itinerary without notice and remove us from all future flights booked and keep our money? If we haven't taken the flight yet, how can you keep our money?? How on Earth is this legal? If I've paid for the flight and don't show then you still have your money - why does it matter if I "show for the flight" - and what gives you the right to keep money from the future flights if you're not 'out of pocket' because you have my fees anyway??? - Outrageous policy. I just had to pay for a second ticket!

"No-Show Policy: For travel starting August 16, 2017, failure to board a flight or to change or cancel an itinerary within the specified cancellation policies set forth below shall be deemed a customer-initiated cancellation and the remaining itinerary, including any return flights, will be cancelled and all funds will be forfeited." Absolutely outrageous and horrible practice.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I called customer service to find out if there was a system glitch with payment since it posted 2 times overcharging me but not giving me my selected seat which was overpriced btw. I paid for a carry on as well and it gave me boarding zone 6 which is the last zone for a window seat in 5f the front of the plane. So every person in my row will have to move hold up the boarding process so I can get in my seat... Does this make sense? Customer service was rude asking “what are you trying to accomplish“?

Oh I am sorry I am just checking because does it make sense to board window seats last after you paid for a better seat because if they select it you will get the back by the nasty bathrooms. It doesn’t make sense to board by zones not board by row numbers so people aren’t holding up the boarding process. So stupid. Anyway To charge customers the fees for everything it’s not worth it. I will not fly them again. I am done. They need to train customer service properly and rethink their policies and process. It’s horrible.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Waiting in line to check in at Memphis Airport. Watched as a couple overweight repacked their luggage as they checked in. When our turn came, we were over a couple pounds. I began to remove one item to another bag when I was told I needed to do so somewhere else and get in the back of the line. They do not treat customers the same. I'll let you decide what the determining factor is.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

If I could give them a big fat ZERO stars, I would! My flight left early - without me! I had checked in during the 24 hour check in period but due to car problems and a sick 4 year old, we were not there 2 hours ahead of time. My daughter dropped me off and left for home (about 1.5 hours away) but the guy behind the counter told me to wait for the manager. I asked him where I should wait, and he gave me a dismissive wave... So I stayed where I was, just off to the side of the baggage check in.

About 30 minutes later the people behind the counter said there goes the flight to Vegas... Grand Island Nebraska does not have a queue to get to the runway, so it is very unlikely that they were even pulled away from the gate. I believe that they resold my seat. Selling it twice and charging for baggage - what a scam! After waiting for an hour for the manager - he came and (speaking broken language) offered a flight from Des Moines (over 5 hours away) but of course I would have to pay for it, and my two checked bags again! And how would I get there? He just shrugged.

The cherry on top is that I also had booked a car from Alamo through them, so it was non-refundable also!! So I lost the airfare and rental car for 8 days and seeing my family for Thanksgiving! There is no customer service. You cannot talk to anyone if you have problems. Maybe that is on purpose because there is so much to complain about! I should have gotten a clue when you have to pay for every bag, even carry-ons (or pay more at the airport) and they don't even provide a water on the flight. I will be filing with the BBB and will never fly or recommend flying with them again.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

My wife and I booked a two week vacation in Florida via Allegiant Air from our home in Vermont. Five days in she had severe abdominal pain and went the local emergency department where she was diagnosed with metastatic cancer. We rescheduled our flight for five days earlier so that we could begin treatment at home surrounded by family and friends. Rebooking cost us $400. That is the price we paid for someone to click on a computer keyboard. I can't fault the phone answerer who was merely following company policy when she said, yes she said, “You have to schedule your emergency in advance.” This is your company policy? Really?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I was charged $50.00 for a carry on that slid under the seat exactly like the passengers beside me who paid zero. I sent a picture to Allegiant expecting them to see the error in charging me instead I was ignored for over 2 months then told no they would not refund me. I am a true believer in customer service and they showed zero in this instance.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Had a carry on that measured to their specifications. Said it would not fit under seat. When I said I measured it they said they didn’t care that it had to be checked and it would be $50.00. Said it would have been $40.00 if I had done it online. No alternative. Pay or don’t go. Terrible airline. Worse customer service. By the time you pay baggage fees, seat selection, buy a bottle of water and pay for the air you breathe it will beyond the cost of every other airline available!! Buyer Beware!!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I will never use this airline again. I'm not sure what assigned seats are for?! I had a flight with my two kids and was separated from them because it became open seating. And to top it off, 40 minute delay as well.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Flight from BWI (Baltimore) to AVL (Asheville, NC) 2:48 pm departure arrived at airport at 1:15 pm. My phone died waiting to go through security so TSA told me I had to go get a ticket at Allegiant counter. Arrived at Allegiant counter at 2:05 pm. No one there and people at Southern Air (the next counter) said the Allegiant people had gone so I have no way to get a paper ticket to get through security. Called Allegiant they said, “We make it clear the ticket counter closes 45 mins before flights.” WTF!? So now I will start the very long process lodging a complaint with the FAA. Good times.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Boarding issues on flight #647 on August 24, 2017 - I boarded my flight without incident and a Steward with an orange belt approached me and asked to speak with me up front (I was already in the front row in seat 1C). The other people with him were the two people from the check-in counter, a man and a woman, and then another woman that had been standing by the check-in counter along with a stewardess. All five of them started to make accusations, loudly enough for all the other passengers on the plane to hear, that I had created a "disturbance in the waiting area" by being "drunk and disorderly at the bar and in the waiting area".

I explained quietly that I had not been drinking and had only been seating in my seat reading my Readers Digest magazine and drinking water. The women at the boarding booth continued to state loudly, "Other people in the waiting area saw you". I said they were mistaken and it was not me and proceeded back to my seat. That is when the steward with the orange belt grabbed my arm tightly and said, "We are not done talking to you and now you really are creating a disturbance and we can throw you off the plane".

At that point I asked 3 times for them to give me a breathalizer test which they refused. They still continued loudly to accuse me of being drunk but that "I could return to my seat if I did not create any more disturbances". I went back to my seat and the woman in my row by the window said to me, "I hope you are not going to let this situation go. You need to do something about this". The man across from me in another row on the end said, "How can they do that. You need to make a formal complaint. They were talking to you so loudly have the plane heard them. Do not let them treat you this way".

I was so humiliated, shocked, embarrassed and shook up I could not even think straight. The plane proceeded to take off and I could see the steward and stewardess sitting right in front of me (I was in the upgraded row so I was only a few feet away from them divided by a glass partition). Their seats faced me. The steward must have received a phone call because he was on the phone talking, hung up and came and sat down beside me (the middle seat was empty) and said, "We need to apologize to you because we found out it was a case of mistaken identity. We are very sorry. It was someone who looked similar to you and dresses similar as you are dressed".

While he was telling me this he was talking very softly. I said to him, "Why are you talking so quietly now when the whole plane heard what all five of you accused me of. Why not loudly apologize?" I also told him that when he grabbed my arm that I considered that an assault and I was not going to let this situation just "pretend it never happened". Shame on you Allegiant Airlines. I am a frequent flyer with you. I demand compensation. I will not let this matter "just go away".

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

Booked a domestic flight through this scamming agency. Showed up 45 minutes before departure (regional, small airport). Tried to check in online on the way to the airport and was not allowed to check in. The representative at the front desk said she was not able to print my boarding pass. My plane had just started to board at this time. Representative said I might be able to get through by showing my email but I was not allowed through TSA line. I then tried to call the airline's customer service line and they told me that a missed flight was "forfeit of funds". I asked to speak to a supervisor and the representative hung up on me!!! I fly with this airline at least once to twice a month and have never had this issue with the same amount of time allotted. I'm disgusted by the lack of integrity and professionalism that this airline and its employees have demonstrated. I will never fly with them again.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I have used this airline for 3 years. Great prices. It flies out of Niagara Falls. Airport staff is great. I fly to Florida in 2 hours nonstop. Plane pilots, staff are great. Price is just right. They have a lot of choices as far as dates. Only airline I use.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Allegiant cannot be reached by phone. Their auto answer directory tells you to use the website to make changes and there is not a place to do it. You get routed to an absurd phone tree that never gets answered by anyone!!! I was on hold for over 5 hours on 3 different attempts to have 1 questions answered. I was never able to talk to anyone. I WILL NEVER USE ALLEGIANT AIR AGAIN AND WILL SHARE MY EXPERIENCE TO ANYONE TRAVELING. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE USE ALLEGIANT TRAVEL. This is the worst company I have ever done business with.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

The airlines are notorious for being late. They also make you pay for every little thing, including beverages/snacks on the plane. I wasted about 6 hours between my outbound and inbound flights.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

The main thing is the luggage pricing. Pay extra to have a carry on. Some people need those clothes. Developmentally disabled need extra clothes so they have to pay extra prices. I am handicapped with my legs. I can walk but I have replacements and I have to pay out crazy amount of money just to bring my luggage on.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

On August 9, 2017 I booked a flight from Pittsburgh, PA to Savannah/Hilton Head. My stepson was to graduate from bootcamp on 10/6/17. I did not see where it said you can purchase insurance (I personally think it is very hidden because I would have bought it). Anyway, we received a call on 8/30/17 from my stepson saying he is not graduating until 10/20/17 now. I immediately called the airline and told them of our situation. All we wanted to do was change the flight the 10/15-10/22 now. They told my husband they couldn't just change it, we would have to pay an additional 438.00 in order to do so. They said the cheapest way to do it is to cancel the tickets and buy new. Are you kidding me??? Unbelievable! I have sent an email to the airline and am waiting to hear back, but this explains why it is 266.00 round trip for 2 people. NEVER AGAIN! DO NOT FLY ALLEGIANT! PAY THE EXTRA FEE FOR OTHER AIRLINES!!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

They have great prices, but wish Allegiant offered additional flights during the week from point to point between cities. Staff is always courteous, and planes are clean.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Allegiant is a no-frills airline that delivers what it promises. The direct flights (hops) make travel to and from select locations easy. For travelers on a budget, Allegiant makes air travel affordable and practical. We appreciate access to selected locations. The convenience is a bargain!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

This is my favorite airline! Everyone is so friendly and helpful. The planes are smaller, which I prefer. The tickets are very reasonable and I love that I only pay for baggage I bring. Even liked the in-flight food choices (and the fact I only pay for what I want to get). Can't say enough good things about this airline.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Checking in for my flight from BAR to PIE and I was told I needed to recheck the bag I have already prepaid to carry on! Apparently my prepaid bag didn't fit well into this tiny bag checker and I was told to remove an item and that if I did not remove the item is be charged extra!! The item was a pillow! The attendant was rude. This policy is ridiculous. That little bag checker is way too small! I'm furious!!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

My son and I had several issues arise on our returning Allegiant flight. It ended up costing me a lot of money and I missed a day of work. The flight was supposed to leave at 7:00 a.m. so we had to be up at 4:00 a.m. to make it on time to the airport. I got a call from Allegiant at 11:30 p.m. the night before the flight telling me that the flight was delayed until 9:00 a.m. We got to the airport at 7:00 a.m. and the customer service agent checked in our luggage. It wasn't until after our luggage was taken that we were told the flight didn't leave until 9:00 p.m. I asked if they could hold our luggage because we were not from the area and were going to have to taxi around town all day.

I could not believe that they told me NO. They would NOT hold our luggage. So we taxied around town all day. I had to pay for the taxi rides, food and cost of missing a day of work. When we returned to the airport that evening, the flight ended up leaving 45 minutes late. The phone app wouldn't even update with the times, delays, etc. I understand issues arise but this was not my fault. Allegiant sent me a voucher for my son and I for $100 which doesn't even cover the amount of money spent waiting all day for the Allegiant layover mistake. I contacted Allegiant to come to a better resolution of the issue. They wouldn't even address the issues - just told me they would not reimburse me for their issues!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I made a reservation with Alligent Air two weeks prior for a one-way flight from Minot, N.D. to Mesa Gateway. I arrived in plenty of time to get my boarding pass and go thru security. They had no record of my reservation even though I showed them the confirmation I had on my phone. All the other passengers were gone. I told him to just sell me seats and I would get it sorted out when I got home. I ran thru to security and then to the plane. The plane was still at the jetway, but there was no one to open the door for me. When she did show up she would not let us get on the plane because she shut the door already. Not the plane door, the jetway door to the plane. To get home we had to rent a car and go to Bismark to get a plane 2 days later. Our other option, they said, was to fly to Las Vegas that night on their plane and find our own flight home from there. Thanks to Alligent, I had to pay for 2 nights at a hotel and a rental car.

Allegiant Air Company Information

www.allegiantair.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use