2. Travel
  3. Airlines

3.3/5 (334 ratings)

About Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Our Mother and 5 daughters do a Mother/Daughter trip every year. This year I booked the flight in June, 2021 for us to travel to Nashville. Our oldest sister got sick and took a turn for the worst in September. Unfortunately she passed and we couldn't bring ourselves to take this trip to also celebrate her Oct. 5th birthday. I notified Allegiant Air and Hilda was most kind with me having to make this call in enough time for Allegiant to be able to book our seats. Allegiant refunded all of our money and was very sympathetic during this horrible time we have been going thru. Thanks to Hilda and Allegiant Air I can highly recommend them. #AllegiantAirrocks!!! This would have been my 2nd trip with them and I will certainly use them whenever I can. Very compassionate company and understanding.

Original review: April 9, 2021

We booked a flight to Destin Fla. After booking I read their reviews. I then started wishing I booked with someone else. But the flight and the crew were excellent! Nothing at all to complain about. They were very nice. Had the same crew for the return. The plane was clean and spotless. I thought it was strange having to pay for carry on bags. That was the only thing to complain about. So I was relieved when it was over. I’ll fly with them in a heartbeat.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Provides excellent service at an incredible price point. No frills but cabins clean and personnel very helpful. They also give many discounts to our Military which is awesome. And I like that the airports they tend to use are less crowded than the major airports. Makes for a much less stressful experience.

Original review: March 19, 2021

Social distancing was non existent. The price was great for the round trip flight but I felt as though I was in a cattle car. I guess I should not complain since I flew on the cheap and knew what I was getting into. The flight was uneventful and I arrived safely. The seats are very close together. On one leg of the trip comfort was fine, second leg of the trip, someone overweight sat next to me and spilled over into my seat. I will fly Allegiant again but realize that I am flying them for the great fare, not for comfort.

Original review: March 17, 2021

First time flyers with ALLEGIANT in 2020 at beginning of the lockdowns across the country in March 2020. From, ticket search to completion of journey....EXCELLENCE in every category. I have been a frequent flyer through many years and ALLEGIANT will be my go to airline. Please add more flights. Great job ALLEGIANT! AND THANK YOU.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

This was the worst flying experience I have ever had!!! NEVER NEVER NEVER FLY THIS AIRLINE!! My fiance is a transplant patient and now waiting for another transplant. She has a designated medical service dog, not an emotionally support dog, and actual trained, doctor prescribed (UofU transplant team) service dog who detects and warns of blood sugar levels. Normal airlines allow at time of check in to allow verification of service dog. I called before the flight and waited on hold for 90mins to speak with a customer service agent who explained since it was within 48hrs of the flight I would need to bring her verification letter to the desk check in.

We arrived early and was told abruptly by the gate check in that she needs prior approval and wouldn't even listen or talk to us as other people were on the flight and wouldn't discuss it, she just kept saying "It's not my choice. It's not my problem". We waited for the line to go down and then I showed her on their own website that at the gate the gate agent can accept the paperwork. She refused. She then called customer service herself and told me on the phone that there was nothing that could be done. He said he had no record of me calling, he told me there was nothing to be done and then because I got upset and angry that if I didn't let him finish telling me how it was all my fault he would cancel our tickets with no refund.

I asked what we could do then he said "find somewhere to put your pet". I then asked if I could just take her on as a regular pet, of course I could...for $50!!! But then complained that the bag she was in was not compliant (service dogs don't have to be in regular bags, she has a designated bag). After arguing again with the service gate agent she finally accepted my money but with condition it was nonrefundable but the air stewards could still refuse the bag. We rush to the plane where the air stewards at first refused, then when we explained she was a service dog and showed her service vest still resisted.

My fiance is balling at this point. The stewardess then says "oh the vest doesn't mean anything you can just buy that online". I then showed them the WRITTEN DOCTOR'S NOTE and she simply said fine and wouldn't look at us. It's a 1hr 45min flight and has been more stressful than any other flight I've been on. The staff are rude, won't accept responsibility and all they want is to nickel and dime your money. Even if it seems cheaper, never fly this airlines.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I fly Allegiant often, their low prices and many direct flights from Grand Rapids MI are hard to beat. Yes they do not offer comforts (seats don't even recline) and they nickel and dime you for everything. For a short 2 hr flight, I can deal with most anything. The cancelations are a big problem, but all airlines are doing this to greater extents than before. Best advice, be careful when using Allegiant to fly into one of their lesser served airports (especially when on both ends). They have many destinations that are served once or twice a week, or they seem to drop locations on and off, I've yet to figure out what they have going on. If you're going to one of these locations proceed with caution and your eyes wide open. And especially if you're doing non-cancelable car or hotel reservations or have something that you absolutely must be at, go elsewhere. But if you have some flexibility and are going to one of their heavily served destinations they are worth the chance.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

This is the first time booking with this airline. I got a notice that the flight was delayed on the way to the airport. Shortly after that I get another notification that the flight is cancelled, to add insult to injury. I tried calling. There is a two hour wait time. I am still on hold over an hour at this point. Insane! This is the worst and dumbest company! Don’t waste your money on this airline.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I booked flights in early July and never received email confirmation with the cost of the booking. After many attempts by phone which is impossible to get through in less than two hours, I connected with a CS rep who was going to transfer me and I held for 19 minutes. I then emailed the company to send me details on my purchase. It's been nearly two additional weeks and they still won't respond. And there's no billing dept referenced in their phone tree other than if you have an Allegiant card. My credit card bill did NOT match what I booked and since we've traveled, I have no recourse with my cc. This company is obviously understaffed undermanaged and unresponsive. They're cheap even with all the add-ons, but use another airline. If something goes wrong, you have no recourse and no way to reach anyone.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

Terrible communication, unprofessional I called with my husband multiple times to make sure we had all the information we needed and she told us we already had what we needed in the email we received, we got to the airport and did not get to get on our flight because she left out a ton of information we needed to know prior.

Allegiant Air Company Information