Allegiant Air

• 2%
  • 4%
  • 80%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?
    Staff

Reviewed June 2, 2024

The young lady at the Allegiant airlines check in stand, Jada-Lynn **, made my trip worth more than anticipated. She helped me with my ticket and went well beyond her means to make my trip smooth and easy! I am so grateful and will continue using Allegiant airlines because of her!!

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 14, 2024

Loving or hating any budget airline comes down to what you value. I value airlines that put their money in the right places. To me, Allegiant does that. If 10 boarding groups, little screens in seats that recline, complimentary beverages, and free carry-ons are worth a $300 markup to you, cool. You be you. I value timely departures, a spotless safety record, and an affordable way to see my family. The non-reclinable seats, to me, actually are a bonus, because there’s no drama, I think I actually have as much legroom as Delta, and perhaps even wider aisles.

Bottom line, I’ve had nothing but good experiences with Allegiant — no major delays, lost luggage, stomach-churning turbulence, or rude flight attendants. Yes, you pay for “extras” like checked luggage and reserved seats (though you don’t really have to select seats in advance), but they don’t really hassle you about backpack size and it’s more affordable by a mile than major carriers (and the bundling system isn’t dubious as Frontier’s). We paid $200 (!) roundtrip for flights from Las Vegas to Grand Rapids, Michigan. No other airline comes close. And if you get an Allegiant credit card, guess what, you get priority boarding and free beverages, too (pro tip — add your family to the card, and they get free drinks, too).

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed May 5, 2024

I love Allegiant airlines. I’ve had great experiences. Love nonstop flights finally but not missing connections from airlines who don’t care. The crews care about the passengers and treat you like valued customers.

Reviewed March 30, 2024

Flew Allegiant to PGD for vacation. All good on way down; big crowd on way back at Airport. They schedule flights close together in time so when they say to arrive 2 hours early— they MEAN it! No issues to report other than some delay checking a bag- pretty normal experience. They were careful about pulling people out of line who were going to miss flights, but that was not an issue for us

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 18, 2024

Even as a cardholder I can confidently say their onboard and terminal employees are just blatantly RUDE! I’ve never been more ashamed to have a credit card with a airline ever. They pulled me off the plane. Told me to leave my service animal or separate her and put her in a crate. The old stewardess antagonized and was way rude to my underage daughter. And Kelly the “manager” couldn’t even manage her anger issues. Whoever put her in charge should definitely be ashamed. I was then charged twice for the service animal after doing my due diligence and calling the customer service to see if my SAID card would work. She said yes. Then I get removed and charged almost missing my flight. They state multiple times that they follow federal rules and guidelines but violate their “valued customer.”

Price

Reviewed June 12, 2024

Wish I could give a zero. Do yourself a favor. Travel with anyone but them. It won’t save you money because they will charge you carry on prices for your personal items. Nickel and dime you to death. Then lose your luggage. Not just one persons luggage lost…our entire plane's luggage was lost for almost two hours to the point the police had to be dispatched. I will walk to Florida before I fly this airline again.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 7, 2024

Do not fly this airline. My experience with this airline and the routes I take is that they are regularly two hours delayed. A two hour delay is normal for this airline no matter the time of day or the time of year, and I have flown this airline where the delay has been four hours. The pilot, flight attendants, and gate agents all just shrug it off. Cost of a 75 minute, RT flight for two with one, shared overhead bag: $672. I can understand delays, the lack of service, and can even put up with some of the flight attendants who are extremely rude and coarse when getting a "good deal" but there is no value or benefit to flying Allegiant. I'm done with them. I'd rather drive the 8 hours on I-95 to get to my destination; it's cheaper, and I'll arrive before this airline touches ground at my destination airport.

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer ServicePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 6, 2024

I have flown many airlines over the years, and have never found an online system/application more cumbersome and confusing with added fees each step in the booking process and not always clear policies in terms of what you are booking and policies tied to it for potential cancel or change in flights. I recently had an experience in which we had unforeseen circumstances come up that resulted in canceling the trip less than 24 hours before departure. The first attempt in reaching customer service for help resulted in their system being down. I was informed they were not able to help me, and they did not know when their system would be back up. I was instructed to call back, but they couldn’t give me an estimated timeframe to call back.

Our home was several hours away from departure location, so we needed more prompt help. In calling back, I was informed they were unable to help me and that I would need to send an email to customer service. After completing that step, I was informed that they have policies and procedures in place that I should’ve been aware of at the time of booking, and they were not able to make any accommodations, even not a partial or full credit to fly allegiant in the future.

At time of booking, I found the system confusing and cumbersome. Prices that were advertised quickly added up with additional fees. The receipt I received did not indicate anything in terms of the unrealistic cancellation policy tied into the tickets purchased. We are now out all of our money for the trip. If you are able to avoid Allegiant and fly other airlines, I would highly recommend to avoid the same headaches with a cumbersome system, not helpful customer service, and really unrealistic cancellation policies for this day in age of flying.

Reviewed May 30, 2024

This is the first and last time flying this horrible airline. Nothing good about it. Prepare to pay as much for carry on bags as you do for the ticket. Bad airline and bad experience. Fly any other airline if you can.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 26, 2024

Worst ever experience.. Lehigh Valley International Airport staff members for Allegiant are the most slow working people to get you checked in and luggage loaded.. Got to Airport checking lines at 515am for a 7am flight. It took over an hour to attend 2 customer.. By time I finished checking in me being 3rd customer I barely made it to my gate with only 2 minutes to spare

Allegiant Air Company Information