2.83/5

218 Allegiant Air Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 20, 2019

Other than a few delayed flights I have been using them for a decade and find them good for short flights and quite economical. But last week I was returning from Sarasota to Asheville and there was a smell in the cabin like a poorly made deodorizer. One hour into the flight, the cabin FILLED with this smell as if it had been pumped through the air and I began to have an immediate bad reaction...eyes running, nose running, dry throat, sneezing and then coughing. A good third of the cabin was coughing. The distress never went away and I ended up at the doctors within a few days with a bad bloody cough and a rattle in my chest. I hear they are using pyrethrins for insect spray. Customer Service never go back to me. I would hate for this to happen again.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I see some bad reviews on here, maybe we got lucky. We used Allegiant to travel back and forth from Albany, NY to Sanford Orlando airport and it was fine. You can't beat the price, as we booked it kind of close to the date of our trip. Not sure it would be comfortable on a long trip, but I have traveled major airlines and their seats might recline and have a little more room, but they are basically cloth with no cushioning left in them (United especially). I think I would use Allegiant again for a short trip and hope not to have an experience like some of the ones I have read about! Our flight both ways were on time and the staff on board were personable.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I've flown Allegiant about four times now and have had mostly pleasant experiences each time. They keep the flights cheap by adding on fees that you are not required to pay. One paid bag in the hold between my husband and I and two free backpacks (that MUST fit under the seat in front of you) and we are just fine. Allegiant is very open about these fees and that they are pricier if you buy them at the airport. This is an airline where you pay for your experience. Don't pay $52 for a seat and then expect plush seats, a free carry-on in the overhead, and free drink service. Each of those things cost additional money and as long as the plane is in good working order, I'm happy to pay for only the experience I deem necessary.

My four-star rating (instead of five) comes specifically from a technical issue twenty-four hours before our latest flight in which the app stated the flight was canceled. It was an unfortunate technical issue and took a few calls to confirm that our flight was not canceled. I would really like to not have that panic hours before so I suggest working out the issues with the site and app but my plane took off and that is all I cared about in order to make my cruise. People also had issues with their boarding passes at the gate despite having had them printed at the desk. Again, technical issues that need to be resolved but our friends who had this issue got on the flight in the end and we arrived almost ten minutes early so I'm not too concerned. Planning on flying in the future to keep costs down! The front staff maybe isn't the nicest but that's retail and I don't honestly care. Get me to where I'm going, assist in fixing my issues, and we'll be fine.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Allegiant airlines is about the best you are going to get for the money. I am very pleased with their military and veterans program which allows for free baggage, priority boarding, and ticket counter printing services. No other airlines compare. Do prepare for delays at times, which is really no different than other airlines, but we were told to arrive two hours before our flight out of Nashville but when we got there there was no one at the ticket counter and the line of people waiting went out the door and down the sidewalk! But once someone showed up to start checking people in, the process went quickly and smoothly. Planes took off and landed on time every time we've flown. Definitely recommend Allegiant airlines, especially now since they do fly in to many major cities. Hopefully they'll get closer to Chicago in the near future!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I didn't read reviews until the day before our trip so I was horrified, but I prayed hard and remained hopeful and it paid off! This was an LAX/EUG roundtrip for two adults and two kids. On-time departures and arrivals. Efficient check-in, baggage check, boarding. Friendly attendants; I appreciated their diversity in age, size, appearance, etc. Clean plane, comfortable seating, plenty of space but I'm 5'2" and not overweight. Best price even with the baggage charge. I would fly them again from Los Angeles to Oregon. Customer service before our trip was totally lacking but issue was resolved before day of need.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I wanted to share my experience. Last week I flew to Orlando, Florida from Nashville, Tennessee on Allegiant Airlines. The flight that I took damaged my wheelchair and was delayed 3 hours. I needed to drive another hour from Orlando to Palm Coast, Florida for an appointment. I contacted Allegiant and they said they wouldn’t pay for the damage because I didn’t report it within 4 hours. I wrote them saying it is unacceptable that Allegiant will not reimburse me for the damage they caused my wheelchair. I would suggest no one fly Allegiant unless they enjoy this kind of treatment. Of course, this is very frustrating to me. But I would like to warn other wheelchair users. Do you have a suggestion for me?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

“They kept us waiting for hours while they were seeing whether they could fix the plane,” said Dale **! “After 8 hours they brought the flight. As a way to make up for our loss they gave us a $50 voucher which was only good for 1 year.”

Original review: July 31, 2019

They rip you off in every way they can, very bad customer service. $118 w/ fees to bring a carry on back pack & duffel bag! $3 mini water! Rude. Confusing app. All around very very bad. They advertise low fare, but trust me they get it all back and then some. Do not book with them.

Original review: July 30, 2019

On July 24, 2019, we were scheduled to fly from Fresno to Las Vegas (99PFTN), and once in Las Vegas, catch a 'connecting' flight to Phoenix (99PG6J). Once on board the aircraft in Fresno, we were told someone had broken an overhead bin and there would be a delay for repairs. We advised the crew of our connecting flight. A short delay would not be a problem since the gate to our connecting flight was only 1 gate away.

After waiting 15 minutes for maintenance person to arrive, no repairs were made. What was done, was an "INOP" decal was placed on the handle of the broken overhead bin. The next 30 minutes was the delay to complete the paperwork. In the end we missed our flight to Phoenix and had to rent a car and make a 5 hr drive. In Las Vegas we were told since we missed our flight, the funds would be forfeited. It appeared we were irritating the gate agent with our problem. Also, it didn't matter the delay was NOT our fault.

Several days later we finally arrived home from our trip. In speaking with an agent, I HAVE FORFEITED THE $212 AIRFARE because —as Allegiant puts it— they have no connecting flights. All their flights are direct flights (i.e. non-stop). So, if one flight is delayed, and you miss the next flight- oh well, you just lost your money. Moreover, the person on the phone was argumentative and discourteous with me. He actually had the nerve to as me if I wanted to book a flight. Frankly, I think it was sarcasm.

Original review: July 28, 2019

After sitting in the airport for nine hours waiting to go to FL the flight to be cancelled until the next day. We were told it was because of weather in the beginning but the for the last five hours of the wait we were not given a reason nor were the gate attendants. The following day once we were on the plane I witnessed two women who were discriminated by one of the flight attendants. I reached out to Allegiant but received no response to my email. Once the flight took off it was a safe flight. I am still waiting for a credit I’m to get for the seats I paid for that didn’t get. Not a good experience and I don’t know if I would fly with them again.

Allegiant Air Company Information