1.51/5
Based on 79 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

122 Allegiant Air Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I attempted to work directly with Allegiant to resolve this issue, but they sent a canned response and did not actually address the issue. Six of us were flying out for vacation (partly using vouchers from a previous trip where they completely cancelled the flight leaving us stranded in the airport to figure out how to get home on our own, stating they could not get us a flight out for 7 days. They reimbursed only a small fraction of the costs incurred to book a replacement flight with a different airlines, pay for transportation, hotel, food).

We checked in online the day before the flight, checked luggage over 2 hours before the flight departure time, arrived at our gate before the time stipulated on our tickets, and tried diligently to reach someone regarding assistance when Allegiant closed the doors early and would not let us in. Allegiant's response to my complaint was that we missed our flight, that chose not to accept an alternate flight when one was offered to us, and we did not contact them within the 1 hour they stipulate is required in order to receive assistance with another flight. These are all FALSE statements.

When we arrived to the gate, the doors to the jet bridge were shut early (20-25 minutes early) and they would not let us in, we were not offered alternative flights (only handed a piece of paper with the customer support phone number on it), and when we called support, we were on hold with them for OVER 1 hour only to be told they could not assist us via phone and we had to complete their online form instead.

Allegiant further stated "When a passenger misses a flight, airport agents can accommodate passengers to the next available Allegiant flight with a $75 change fee while waiving the difference in fare. Please be advised that this exception is only offered at the airport within 1 hour of the missed flight. As our records indicated that you elected not to make the change, the total funds from this flight are forfeited." Yet when I stated we talked with the gate agent, talked to another agent at the ticket counter, then called support and stayed on hold for OVER 1 hour, Allegiant replied "Promotional deals and irregular operations can lead to a high call volume, but we are always working to provide better communication to our customers." Allegiant closed the doors to the jet bridge early, left the gate early, did not offer us an alternate flight or vouchers, and provided poor customer service. We paid for a service and did not receive that service.

After getting nowhere dealing directly with Allegiant, I turned to the BBB for assistance (Still no help). Allegiant told the BBB I can submit a rebuttal through their online support, yet Allegiant had already told me in a previous email "In regards to your request, Allegiant respectfully declines your request for a refund for flight 407. No other options are available for your case. We understand this may not be the answer you were looking for, however, the case is closed in our system." Terrible, terrible company. Prepare to be stranded, lied to, and left digging deeper into your pockets if you try to fly with them.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Flight 679 Springfield Mo to Orlando Fl - Our flight was set to depart Springfield at 9:37 am arrive 12:53 pm in Orlando. Approximately 1 hour 20 minutes before take off we are informed that there will be a 1 hour delay. Hour later we are told another 1 hour delay. 1 hour later we are told that they don’t know when the flight will be leaving. Later on we are told 4:30 departure. Then we are told a rescue plan will be here at 5:00 then 5:30 then 6:00 then 6:20. 7 hours in they give us hot soda and water. They refuse refunds to several passengers. At 5 pm we are told the rescue plane has landed and will board shortly. Everyone files into line. At 5:52 we are still waiting to board. Everyone sits back down. No update on why we are not boarding. No snacks or food has been made feted after 10 hours 30 minutes.

I do feel bad for this young man who was taking the bulk of everyone’s anger. He was at Allegiant's mercy. We find out from the young man that the flight was originally delayed due to bad weather in Orlando then mid-air they had some kind of mechanical issue. I’m very thankful that they caught this before we boarded but I do feel like after a certain point they should give refunds to the passengers who couldn’t stay or had medical issues, missed connection flights, missed funerals, etc. all which happened. At 5:58 they announce that are rescue plane is experiencing mechanical issues and they are hopeful they will be resolved soon. At 6:23 pm they start the boarding. Praying for travel mercies. This would have been an easier pill to swallow if they would have acted like they care. Credit to us, lunch voucher that kind of thing. Even saying we are sorry would be great!

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I was on a return flight from Phoenix/Mesa Gateway airport. There's over 100 people waiting when 5 minutes before boarding the employee announces that all carry ons must have a "sticker" on them proving that we had paid for our carry ons in advance. Any passenger that hadn't paid for their carry ons were required to CHECK it, no matter how small! The price? $50 EACH WAY!!! I watched this woman charge 2 disabled passengers $100 each for small duffle bags that had to be checked! When it comes my turn she makes me put my PURSE INSIDE my carry on bag.

We are allowed a personal item but I wasn't. I had a window seat and couldn't get to my purse to be able to purchase a snack or drink because my wallet was in the carry on. Then while waiting to taxi something dropped on me. When I get home finally I realize it was a bed bug!!!! Now I'm scared to death that I may have them in my home. I've flown Allegiant several times out of Appleton Wisconsin and never witnessed such chaos at the gate. It was ridiculous! My trips with Allegiant are no more.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Allegiant is operating a scam with their https://www.allegiantair.com/military-discount program. Nowhere during the reservation process does it allow you to enter your military credentials. Then, after over an hour on hold trying to reach their customer service, I was told the ticket agent would adjust my reservation to credit my baggage and seat fees. Well, once I reached the ticket counter, they told me all they were allowed to do was notate my account, but that I'd need to contact customer service again to actually receive the credit. I've spent over 90 minutes twice now trying to contact customer service and no luck. They know full well what they're doing by saying they have a military discount program to entice you to fly with them, but when it comes time to honor their own program, they make it as difficult as possible to actually receive those benefits.

The other issue is according to their https://www.allegiantair.com/military-discount webpage it states, "Free seat assignments, pending availability." When I called to receive these credits, I was told the seat assignments I paid for didn't count since I paid for them ahead of time. The agent said that's why it stated pending availability. I told her that she knows what that means because she works for Allegiant, but how would I possibly know that's what it meant. She refused to credit me for the seats.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Where do I begin? Allegiant was delayed two-and-a-half hours late from the 4:10 PM flight I ended up taking on Thursday, July 26th. No explanation, no accurate updates with regards to boarding and departure times. No one at the gate to answer questions or find out why we were so delayed -- despite three BSO officers and two fire-and-rescues showing up without explanation.

While the actual flight was fast, there was the issue with my bag that I checked onto the plane. How my bag was the ONLY one that ended up on the wrong plane from my flight is beyond me (it went to Concord, NC). It finally arrived back at my house THIS morning, and that was only after spending Friday, Saturday, and Monday on the phone with their Travel Assurance Department to explain that FedEx never picked up my bag from Allegiant in Concord when they said they did -- complete and utter **.

Apparently some of the customer service agents are completely clueless as to the difference between a FedEx shipping label being created and FedEx ACTUALLY picking up the package and it being en route for delivery when viewing the tracking information online. You deal with enough dissatisfied customers and having the FedEx their stuff back if it wasn't stolen or lost outright already, you should know how it works. And to begin with, I told them I wanted my bag put back on the plane to Fort Lauderdale and then sent to Asheville so I could have it by Friday night, AND NOT go FedEx... clearly they don't listen or care. And the fact I had to spend three days haranguing on what was supposed to be my 40th celebration trip is beyond unacceptable.

Then there was the flight back on Monday, July 30th, in which we waited on the tarmac for 30 minutes before we could reach the gate and de-plane -- again, no explanation as to why. Not to mention that they were an hour-and-a-half late in giving over 100 people on our flight their luggage in baggage claim -- including the bag I bought in Asheville to bring the clothes I HAD TO BUY in Asheville since Allegiant put my luggage on the wrong plane that had ALL MY CLOTHES IN IT and never arrived to where I was staying.

No one gave us any assistance as to why it took so long to even get our bags (and I thought I was going to be told again that my bag went on the wrong plane). As a result of them taking so long, I missed my train back to West Palm and ended up having to take a $70 Uber ride back home. Needless to say, I've already filed one claim to be reimbursed for the clothes I had to buy the night I arrived. I am filing another claim because they were delayed more than two hours. And there's the third claim for the delay at baggage claim that cost me to miss my train.

The seats didn't bother me, nor did not having Wi-FI. But their customer service can be taking out to the back of the building and shot. Unhelpful, ignorant, and snide were at least one of the people I spoke with, who had no idea that just because you create a shipping label doesn't mean FedEx has picked it up. I am very aware where the shipping information is listed. What does that have to do with seeing if FedEx picked it up? They have to scan the label on the package in order to confirm they did! If anyone wants to play roulette with this airline, that's your prerogative. After this, either I'm flying out of West Palm on another airline that I know has worked for me or drive. Taking Allegiant is by far the WORST AIRLINE I HAVE EVER TAKING FOR TRAVEL IN MY LIFE!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: July 30, 2018

This has to be the worst customer service department in the industry! I booked a flight from Cleveland to Myrtle Beach 7/5/18. I tried to contact Allegiant by phone 7/12/18 and was on hold for 1 hr 15 min. I then sent a response request by e-mail and received a confirmation with a comment I would be contacted within 7 days. Having received no contact by 7/20/18 I sent another e-mail request for response and was again sent an automated response from Allegiant that I would be contacted within 7 days. Today, 7/30/18 was my scheduled departure and I still have not received any contact from the airline. I am very displeased with this company and would not recommend them as a business to have dealings with.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Oh, there are so many things, and honestly I was ready to ride you guys off as a lesson learned in low airfare, but you can Now be assured I will be adding to the comments that tell a really ugly tale of your operation. My flight on 5/21, flight 509, was delayed for Six Hours before finally being cancelled at 12:20 am 5/22. During that time, and I really feel for your poor gate attendants, we were constantly told that the plane would either get fixed or another plane would be sent and we'd all get to our destination That Night. We obviously did Not. We were all given the choice to wait and see what happened or to request a refund and try our luck with another airline. Given that the refund would take 5-7 business days, I would have been out at least $300 or so because last minute flights are considerably marked up, so I opted and hoped with optimism that Allegiant would be able to make its commitments.

I was sorely disappointed. I contacted customer service to get a couple fees refunded (I'm military and didn't know they offered free checked and carry-on bags), which were taken care of, but then when I asked for Something to be done because of my flight, I was told that since I opted to take the rescheduled flight, which either I took or missed my vacation or paid out the behind with another airline to get to, so I'm SoL. No. Not acceptable, and nor will I be flying with your airline again. Anyway after this experience, so your super 'charitable' $150 in future flight coupons does Nothing for me.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I have a bad fear of flying. My trip with Allegiant Air changed that! First off I have to mention the price, you couldn't beat it! Second I loved the fact I could fly out from the airport near me. Now for the flight, the plane was nice, cool air, nice attendants, drinks and snacks (for a price) on all trips, the lights were dim and taking off and landing was perfect! I experienced little to no turbulence, I felt safe, the whole process was quick and easy. Because of Allegiant, I will be planning other trips now that I'm not so terrified to fly anymore. I will not fly with anyone else but them! Highly recommend. I traveled with my child and puppy! Thank you!

Original review: July 23, 2018

I've used this airline now for almost 20 years, and there has never been a time where the flight was on time. There has been delays due not enough staff to cover the flight, the flight is delayed coming into the airport due to maintenance issues. This airline charges for everything now, and yet they have the gall to ask the passengers to cross the seat belts and close or open the window shades. I believe that's part of your job. The handling of luggage is horrible, I've so many items broken and even stolen from my suitcase. Not to mention to have my suitcase end up in a completely different state than me. One occasion my mother was flying from Florida to Indiana and due to only having one working plane she was delayed for six hours!!! No food offered, no drinks offered. She and the others were told of the food vending machines available in the gate area. This airline seriously needs to be shut down or better yet all of the CEO and COO to be fired.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Worst plane ever. Old plane. Took an hour just to get people on plane. Captain made us all sit in a hot plane with little to no air conditioning with 100 people for over another hour. We waited 30 min because of lightning which I get. Then the plane engine was broken and we had to wait ANOTHER 10 min just to get back to the gate. Now we are waiting an unknown amount of time for another plane. I get flight delays and waiting but there is no reason to keep 100 people in a stuffy... sweaty... broken plane for close to two hours. I am going to try to get a refund.

Original review: July 16, 2018

My daughter(15) was flying unaccompanied from Sanford, FL to Elmira, NY. We arrived early, checked her bag and got to the gate. 10 minutes before boarding was to begin, her name was called to come to the desk. Due to a weather advisory for Elmira, her ticket was canceled because she was an unaccompanied minor. However, looking at the weather online, the weather forecast is absolutely clear??? Did they overbook the flight and decide to boot off the 3 minors that were flying??? And then, it took over an hour to get her and the other kids rebooked on different flights. I guess paying for Priority Access means nothing. It was very stressful for my daughter???

Original review: July 14, 2018

We have flown Allegiant numerous times due to the convenient routes and reasonable costs. Last night was the last time. I arrived on time to Concord Airport at 4:30 pm. There I sat until 10:30 pm. What added to my frustration was the fact that they lied to us over the PA system when they said our plane was en route to airport. I did not arrive to my destination until 1:30 AM. I really felt bad for the elderly and children on the flight. The children were all crying in the airport. This has happened far too many times. At least 5 times. The $50 voucher just does not cover this awful experience.

Original review: July 10, 2018

There's so many. One incident that I witnessed, is when there was a handicapped senior citizen sitting front row that had to use the facility. He was told that "This restroom is out of service. Go to the end of plane to use that one." Before he got back the copilot and the flight attendant messed with the vacant sign and the copilot proceeded to use that facility up front. Then after finished they switched the sign to broken. I will write more in other reviews.

Original review: July 9, 2018

My Review is two fold: 1) Flight Experiences and 2) Existing Reservation Modifications: 1) Flight Experiences: We have flown Allegiant Air twice from Memphis to Orlando/Sanford. Seats are hard molded plastic with basic pad covering. Seats do not have a reclining feature, which is very uncomfortable for flights that are over two hours long. Flight attendants were mostly agreeable. Bag Check-in lines were very long and only one attendant was on duty. All in all, not the most comfortable flight, but what were we expecting for a third rate airline.

2) Modification of Existing Reservations: We tried to modify dates online 11 days after original reservations were placed and 2 weeks prior to the trip. We were unable to complete the change online, as a result placed a call to the call center. After holding on line for 1 hour, 23 minutes we were connected to a call agent. The call agent wanted to "talk to me" about our reservation. It was a "standard reservation" with no flexibility. As a result, there would be a $75 per person, per flight cancellation/change fee. At first the call agent would only give us back our bag fee ($20).

Upon pressing, the call agent offered was to waive half of the $300 cancellation fees (total of $150), and my pre-booked bag fee, but would not waive the other half. I was informed it would not be "fair" to the other passengers who paid for the flexible type reservation. Now, is it fair to me, when Allegiant resells the seats we are unable to use, they get to keep the money? We could have flown on a first class carrier for less than the additional cost to change dates.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I will never fly with Allegiant Air again. The way this airline does business is deceiving and they knowingly try to take advantage over their customers with add on nickel and dime fees, and poor customer service. I booked my flight for me and my family 2 months in advance. At that time we had 1 checked bag and 1 overhead carry on. We ended up needing 2 checked bags and no longer had use for the 1 overhead carry on. I tried to remove this carry on via their website and app but they don't allow you to do it. You can add bags no problem, but if you want to remove a bag they literally will not let you! I asked the customer service agent at the airport if they could remove the $43.00 bag charge as they could plainly see we did not have an overhead carry on with us. They told me no. I had to call their 1-800 number in order to get reimbursed. Are you kidding me???

On our way back home I actually asked another customer service agent again if they could help me take off the bag and they told me the same thing: call the 1-800 number. The flight was actually pleasant and then everyone was friendly on-board. A few hours after I got home from the return flight I called the 1-800 number. I was literally on hold for 1 hr and 25 minutes. I finally spoke with Kelly and told her what happened. She placed me on a brief hold and this is what she came back with: "after speaking with my manager we can offer you a $43.00 voucher." I told her, "I did not want a voucher for a bag I never brought on your airplane after notifying both customer service people at the airports." Her response was: "since the customer service agent at the airport didn't make a notation on the computer system we can only offer you the voucher".

I told her my situation again, assuring her I did not bring on the overhead bag and that I notified both customer service people at the airport that I was not bringing a carry on bag onto the airplane. You would think the right thing to do would be to refund me fricking $43.00 to keep the customer happy and move on? Do they think I'm lying and trying to sneak on a carry on bag for free to save $43.00 when I spent over $1,200 total on this trip? It makes no sense whatsoever. I asked to speak with her manager directly and she would not let me. I asked her if $43.00 was worth losing a family of 4 for life? Her response was: "Since we do not have proof you didn't bring the bag on the airplane we can only offer you a voucher."

So, because Allegiant makes it impossible to remove a bag once it is added and because you do not have the option to take this bag off either online or at the actual airport before your flight, they basically swindle you into yet another "hidden charge". I told her to keep the voucher and that me and my family will NEVER be flying with this joke of an airline ever again. I have flown with Southwest my entire life and have never had these kinds of issues. If you book a flight with Allegiant buyer beware. It is not if, but WHEN you will be sucked in a nightmare of a situation either with fees, delays, customers service... you name it. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Original review: July 2, 2018

They delayed our flight that was due to fly out of Fort Lauderdale on 6/30/18 to Cincinnati by an hour which was fine. Then 20 minutes before we was suppose to leave they announce overhead the flight at been canceled. This is at 7:18 pm on a Saturday night in Fort Lauderdale. We was told by an employee "you are on your own" No help to reschedule or book another flight was offered. We was told that we would get a full refund and they was going to give us a $300 dollar American Express gift card which they did. Went to check balance on gift card and it says $0.00 balance. Still check 2 days later and balance is $0.00 balance. Cannot get through on phone due to high call volume. Have flown Allegiant twice and have been canceled twice. NEVER AGAIN!!!! I want my refund and my gift card ALLEGIANT.

Original review: July 1, 2018

My mom went into the hospital and eventually died. When I was visiting her, I had to change my travel plans home and cancelled my flight so I could sit there and hold her hand. As a result of staying with my mom for several weeks as she slowly passed away, I lost my job. It was humiliating to have to ask Allegiant to have the flight refunded and even more humiliating and heartbreaking to have to go through my things to find the death certificate they demanded. When I sent the death certificate, they decided to only partially refund me, in flight miles, not a credit. The flight cost me FIFTY TWO DOLLARS. This was too big an amount for this company to refund a customer apparently. I will never use them to fly again in my life!

Original review: June 19, 2018

A guy claiming to be **Marvel is an absolute nightmare of an employee. Rude & disrespectful. Doesn’t even begin to explain how horrible he was as the first person I had to see before my flight. First of all, our bags are specifically designed to fit under the seat in all airplanes - but he seemed to want to beg to differ by not allowing me to carry my purse on in addition to my bag. He proceeded to argue with me, my boyfriend, and 6 other passengers about their items - yelling and talking down to all of us! I’ve never been on a plane where I couldn’t carry my purse in addition to my packed bag - never once (He told me I had to pay 50$ for the purse). A small purse, no less. So in order to fit my purse in the bag, it made it so my bag DIDN'T fit in the thing that measures the size of our bags (he made us use the small one for measuring instead of the one that’s the actual size of the seat). He was so so rude to us that I will never fly with this airline again.

Because of his need to argue with all of us, we didn’t leave on time, and my sunglasses were damaged due to attempting to squeeze my purse into the bag. I’ve never had this happen before! I’m appalled! For the record, this was a guy who claimed to be *Marvel* at gate A-19 in the Greater Cincinnati Airport on Tuesday, June 19th at 6:45 am. I will be furthering this review to his manager (since he said he was the manager which I find difficult to believe), and whomever else needs to know about his behavior so to avoid such a disgrace before a long flight.

This airline should be ashamed and embarrassed (I’m personally mortified by the entire experience) just as all the on-looking passengers witnessing the fiasco, were. Absolutely horrible. Even the flight attendants had to step in and get him to allow passengers on so the flight could leave, and were equally as embarrassed by his appalling behavior that they were kind enough to buy us snacks and drinks to try and appease this guy. I do NOT recommend this airline unless you find being smarted off to, argued with, yelled at, and lied to before your flight a positive experience. My boyfriend was so upset he was in tears over this guy's behavior. Is this your idea of customer service??? It’s certainly not mine!

Original review: June 18, 2018

How does an airline get away charging you $37 for "Trip Flex" when you purchase a ticket online the day of a flight when it is only usable (to change or cancel) SEVEN days before the start of your itinerary? Isn't this FRAUD? You are unable to click on 'change' or 'cancel' on their website BUT you are able to click on Trip Flex protection when purchasing the ticket even though it is invalid when purchased. You spend an entire day ON HOLD and never reach a human being. "Extraordinary high call volume" my **. More like no one is answering the phones today.

$15 to select your seat each way? How does a $130 and $90 leg add up to $480+ with fees? Why are you unable to cancel a car rental charged in advance but never used. My 88 year old mom with dementia fell in Pittsburgh and hit her head and was taken by ambulance to a hospital. How is an airline permitted to stay in business when it causes such chaos and stress during a family emergency just trying to get there from Charleston? I hope this airline goes out of business and their employees rot in hell.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Our trip started June 14th, 2018. The desk personnel at the Memphis airport were very rude. We boarded the plane and had to use the lavatory in flight. It was disgusting with poop on the seat and around the inner rim of the toilet. Then the landing into the Las Vegas airport was terrifying and I felt something was possibly wrong with the plane. That's not the worst part. I received an email from Allegiant stating our flights were cancelled flying back into Memphis on Sunday. Then they offered us a measly 150 dollars a piece for compensation.

They could at least refund our entire trip considering I can't return back home until Monday and had to fly through a totally different airline because the next flight out on Allegiant doesn't leave until Thursday. So I'm out 150 for another night at the hotel + 230 for a new plane ticket and we left our car in Memphis. My friend's husband had to go pick the car up because we had to fly back into Little Rock! Then the customer service number had us on hold for 3 hours and hung up! I will never in my life fly Allegiant again! Ninth largest airline with nonexistent customer service, what a joke.

Original review: June 15, 2018

My flight from Memphis to Las Vegas was delayed 3 times, causing me to miss out on a chance to spend time with my son in Las Vegas before our family vacation to the Grand Canyon and Zion began. Now, they have canceled my return trip completely on 2 days notice, with no options from them for a week. Sooo, I now have to use all of my Delta miles to get home in time to get to work... They suck, and their customer service sucks. Will never fly with them again. But other than that... They are Great!!!

Original review: June 14, 2018

I am literally surprised I am alive. The turbulence was terrifying, but I know that is somewhat out of their control. However, the landing was horrible. It was obvious we were going way too fast, or we missed the beginning of the runway or something. It most definitely seemed at fault to the pilot. The worst part is there was no apology or anything from the captain or the crew. I was genuinely frightened and felt unsafe on that flight and would have sincerely appreciated more attention from the captain and flight crew.

Original review: June 14, 2018

My issue doesn’t really stem from the travel itself, but rather the customer support. My saga began when I received an in-app notification to check-in for my flight. I began the check-in process and planned to change my seat assignment (I was traveling with my 11 month old son and thought it would be best for everyone if I reserved a window seat). I was more than willing to pay $25 for this “upgrade”. So I selected my new seat, but there was an issue with the check out process (not sure what).

I tried again...I tried a third time with a different card (perhaps they didn’t like that I used my Delta Airlines Amex to pay for my upgrade). Still can’t check-in...I switched to my laptop and tried a fourth time, now the website said “you’ve tried checking-in and we can’t process this”. What!!! So I send off a contact us request (the automated email response said they would get back to me in 7 days!!!). As I am flying the next day I call the number provided (not a 1-800 number, so I have to run up my sister’s long distance bill).

Now, here is where it gets frustrating, I get a busy signal...for an hour I try calling back, each time I get a busy signal. Finally, it rings through...at which point I spend TWO HOURS on hold before my issue is resolved. This was ridiculous, I wasted the last day I had with my family to take care of this issue, ran up a super high long-distance bill (my family lives in the woods and cell service does not exist). I’m so upset and frustrated with the whole process...the discount price is not worth this chaos!!! In the end, I am paying as much or more than I would have with a nondiscount airline like Delta or American.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I booked an airline ticket through this airline. Big mistake. It was advertised as one price and I had to call because the website said I made a mistake and wouldn't let me book the ticket. When I called I was told that was the wrong price and they doubled the price that I was charged. I have had to call them everyday for five days and was put on hold for a long period of time. I needed my confirmation e-mailed to me and they sent the wrong information. At this time I had to call again to get the right information. I finally got it without the carry on bag listed so I had to call back again being put on hold again to add carry on bag. I will never ever use this airline again. I have a list of names of people I talked to with very little help and I am scared my granddaughter is flying in on a paper plane.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Missed my first flight so their policy is that the entire trip is then canceled and you get NO REFUNDS. Talk about fine print: No-Show Policy: "Failure to board a flight or to change or cancel an itinerary within the specified cancellation policies set forth in the Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a customer-initiated cancellation and the remaining itinerary, including any return flights, will be canceled and all funds will be forfeited." How do they get away with this? Please write a review if this happened to you.

Original review: June 11, 2018

This is just to alert you that I am a very dissatisfied customer after my first -- and probably only -- trip flying with Allegiant. The airline did not just reschedule my flight and reschedule it for the next day, completely indifferent to the fact I -- and other passengers -- had to work the next day. While Allegiant was able to put me on a later flight to Knoxville, the company is too miserly and greedy to compensate for the added expense I will incur renting a car to drive from Knoxville to Roanoke, VA.

Yes, I am familiar with the small-print disclosure that says flights subject to cancellation when I made my reservation, as the indifferent customer service rep I spoke with on the phone was quick to mention on several occasions. That was about as helpful as the shoulder shrug I got from the counter agent who rescheduled my flight. So, as I shared to the indifferent customer service agent on the phone, I will be sure to seek out every message board and travel site I can find from Yelp! on down to let it be known just how cheap, apathetic and customer unfriendly Allegiant is.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I was on a recent flight from Cleveland to Jacksonville and wanted to give my feedback. I have flown a lot and this was, by far, the most fun flight I've ever been on!! The stewardess was more than entertaining! She had our entire group of passengers answering trivia questions (some questions were even from the pilots) to win some free snacks. In this time of most people complaining, I wanted to let you know that I would love to fly with this stewardess again! I don't remember her name (which was one of her questions) but she made the flight!! If only all flights were like this!!

Original review: June 6, 2018

This Airline is an absolute joke. The flight attendants were rude and ill-mannered with no edict whatsoever. There is absolutely no customer service. Attendants at ticketing and check-in are unbelievably condescending and not customer service oriented at all. I was so taken back at how awful the service with this airline was and how unprofessional the flight attendants were... I had burned myself, "second-degree burn" on my right hand. I asked for a first aid kit but was told in blow it off kind of manner, that they just simply didn't have anything to treat burns... OH how nice... no first aid kit? That's comforting...

And what on earth is up with all these fees... Three to Four bucks for a Coke? Really you are that cheap? You are really, going to charge me for a Coke? And you don’t brew coffee? I have been on airlines in the middle of nowhere in the middle-east and Asia where there has been infinitely more service and decorum on the part of flight staff than can ever be found in this entire airline. At least there I can get a cup of tea or coffee... You can't even get a cup of coffee on these flights, but you charge me three to four bucks for a freaking can of Coke.

Dear Allegiant, you are awful. I wrote a review included in a survey that you had emailed me weeks ago and no one ever got back to me. I demand a refund on all those extra charges you charged me on and at the very least an apology for your deplorable service. I will tell everyone I meet my friends and family to avoid you like the plague. Any chance I get on reviewing you I will be sure at the drop of a hat to leave you with the WORST reviews humanely possible. It is my sincere prayer that your little backward shoddy airline with your podunk ill-mannered staff go out of business.

Original review: May 31, 2018

The price and getting there on time. The attendants are polite and friendly and the plane is clean. We usually leave out our Lexington, KY airport. The only time we have ever been delayed is because of weather in Florida.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I am disabled, the staff goes out of their way to make sure a person is comfortable. Very friendly and about 25 minutes in the air, they serve you. I usually do not buy anything because I am not willing to pay the high price. $6.00 for a bottle of beer. I paid for my ticket & I think this Airline is making enough money that they shouldn't have to charge an arm and a leg for soda, snacks etc.

Allegiant Air Company Information

www.allegiantair.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business