2.65/5

182 Allegiant Air Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 23, 2019

We've had terrible experiences with Allegiant Air and will never fly with them again. It's a cheap airline and travelers do get what they pay for, which is a lot of inconvenience. We've flown 4 round trips with Allegiant and all eight legs of our journeys were marred by delays and cancellations. Allegiant always has ready-made, convenient "reasons" for the delays and cancellations but it boils down to the fact that they don't fly any plane that isn't booked to full capacity. If there are any empty seats on your flight, chances are your plane is going to be delayed or cancelled altogether. I can't believe it took me four round trips to come to the realization that this is their pattern.

In June 2016 they delayed our flight 4 times over the course of 8 hours and then cancelled the flight just prior to boarding because the crew had "timed out" of their work hours for the 24 hour period. Yes, the crew "timed out" because they kept delaying our flight for unknown reasons! We've lost entire days of our vacation and hotel costs because of Allegiant. Also, their customer service is horrible. I've waited over two hours on hold (speakerphone) before I finally gave up. They don't answer their phones or respond to online inquiries or emails. NEVER AGAIN. I will pay MORE to get to my destination on time. Buyer beware!

Original review: April 23, 2019

Don't waste your time traveling to be an FA. You could use a flight or your gas to do something else. Beware. When I applied they also barely hired any ** women I noticed and the recruiters act like they were not once in your shoes before.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2019

The flight attendant demanded my elderly mother clean the floor. Was flying with my 85 year old father and 4 year old girl too. The flight attendant repeatedly harassed my family. My daughter dropped 1-2 chips, and there was a mess from the front that went back on the floor. I got off the plane immediately when it landed. I did not want any trouble from this lady. She was looking for a fight. Typically I wait till everyone is off the plane to assist my family. I wanted no part of a confrontation. How insulting and demeaning. Other passengers were very uncomfortable with her hostility towards my family. Just came back from Disney. What a stain on the trip. I did not get her name. She covered it with her hair when I got off the flight. She gave my mother an evil look and my daughter was traumatized by her behavior. I’ve never experienced this in my life flying for over 30 years. Disgusting behavior.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Today me and my family (husband, son 1.5 and daughter 3.5) had the worst experience with Allegiant Air, it started at around half an hour after take off, the fasten your seat sign was still on but people started to go to the restroom. That’s when when my daughter 3.5 years old told me she want to pee. As I was holding my 1.5 years old son sleeping I told my husband to take her to the restroom. He was the 3rd person in line. That’s when one of the cabin crew told him he can’t use the restroom because the seatbelt sign is still on, he told her that my daughter is just 3. She can’t hold it plus she already let two adults before him to use the restroom already.

She raised her voice telling him he has to go back to his seat which he did and my daughter came crying because she can’t hold it and really needs to pee. That’s when I gave my husband my sleeping son and I took her back to the restroom telling the flight attendant that, "She really can’t hold it and you can not expect a 3.5 years old to hold it." She’s kept telling me, "It’s for your safety and we can let her do."

I told her, "She really needs to go and I will take her on my responsibility but I can’t let her pee her pants and the chair. It’s going to be a mess," she started talking with a weird attitude and she actually shouted saying “it’s not ok” and when I went in the restroom she actually slammed the door real hard that it was about to hit my daughter in her head because she already frightened the cabin crew raising their voice and she just put her head on my shoulder trying to hide and she just slammed the door and when I came out to tell her, "How could you slam the door like that. It’s was about to hit daughter in the head." She said “I didn’t slam the door.” mean are you kidding me? My husband who’s sitting in row 25 heard the door slammed. What kind of attitude is that?

You're suppose to be professional and this is supposed to be a high end job but instead they were using their hands and body language like we’re in a street fight. What’s with the attitude? How could you not have any human a common sense that we are talking about a child here that has no ability of controlling her body. I mean what do you expect from a 3 year old to do in a situation like that. Should I have told her to pee in her seat or on the floor?

What kind of people would raise their voice and use this attitude in front of a kid who were by the way frightened and shaking in the restroom because she thought she did something wrong. I used to work as a cabin crew member for 5 years and I’ve been flying my whole life. I have never and I mean never seen this kind of flight crew so rude and senseless. This was our first and will be our last flight on Allegiant. We really expected better but unfortunately we had the worst experience ever.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I had a simple question about checking a box (not luggage) and the size limitation and such. I finally found a customer service number online as it is not listed anywhere on their website. I get through all the teleprompts to finally ask my one-off question and proceed to wait 20 minutes for a live operator. I finally gave up and tried speaking to someone via the Live Chat on their site. After another 20 minute wait in the queue I finally get to chat with a representative. This is very poor customer service times!!! Hire more people into your call center. Sometimes you just need to speak to someone and the website FAQ doesn't suffice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: March 28, 2019

I flew Allegiant a few years back as it was the cheapest flight to Honolulu from LAX. Someone who had never had a bad experience flying before, I didn't think anything of booking the airliner. They had us wait in the HON airport for over 8 hours. Finally after the plane arriving. They boarded us. Everyone's finally settled in and happy to get back home. It's 10p at this point. Next, we start to see stewards and pilots running up and down the aisles. Not looking happy or confident. They were straight up worried on their faces. No one else really seemed to be noticing, but I was because I knew they were about to cancel the flight.

Lo and behold. They did just that. Kicked everyone off the plane and canceled the flight without any plans for what these 200 people were going to do as they don't have another plane. And they may not have another plane until Tuesday (btw; it's Sunday). No hotel accommodations for us, no planes, no plans. Nothing. Just be on your merry way and figure it out later. Needless to say, the crowd started getting rowdy but what you would expect rowdy. The inexperienced, no customer service check in people they have behind the microphone only proceeded to make it worse. Saying rude things, and having to get security involved because she simply had no idea how to handle the situation.

I decided to leave and not sit around for them to waste any more of my time. Booked a flight on the spot with Hawaiian airlines that was taking off in 40 minutes. Don't ask me how I made that flight happen. But I will say, Hawaiian airlines was very accommodating and helped make it happen. I ended up paying triple for my flight home on Hawaiian but I wasn't stuck in HON fighting Allegiant till Tuesday (missing work) or fighting them to pay for all my accommodations for the last two days.

Which onto that next, Allegiant's customer service was well aware of this HON flight issue. What did they offer me? To reimburse my return flight (which was basically nothing in comparison to how much I paid to actually get home) and $100 vouchers for my husband and I to fly Allegiant again. Mind you, they fly to basically no desired locations throughout the entire US. So what? I'm suppose to make a special trip to go to Idaho because you gave me $100. Then when you finally have an opportunity to go to one of the ridiculous destinations. They tell you, you only had one year to use their stupid voucher. Such BS! Avoid this airliner at ALL costs. They are simply the worst.

Original review: March 27, 2019

On 2/15/2019, I booked a round trip from Fl. To Pa. (3/22 to 3/26). On 2/18 I learned I had to be in Pa. immediately so I booked another flight on 2/20 through Allegiant. Because I simply forgot to notify them of the trip on 3/22 (because I was already in Pa.) they took it upon themselves to cancel the return trip on 3/26. They never notified me that they canceled my return flight. I personally consider this greed, negligence and fraud on their part. I will never use Allegiant for my trips again.

Original review: March 24, 2019

3/17/19 leaving Indianapolis to Cancun, 30 minutes delay. 3/24/19 presently at the Cancun airport with wife and three kids and now we have a 3 1/2 hour delay. So far not impressed at all. I recommend not using Allegiant Air unless you want a screwed up vacation. Plus when you get stuck at the airport for 5 1/2 hours your family wants to eat so another 150.00$ gone because you paid someone to keep their end of the schedule and they screwed you. Someone should have to pay.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I've flown Allegiant about four times now and have had mostly pleasant experiences each time. They keep the flights cheap by adding on fees that you are not required to pay. One paid bag in the hold between my husband and I and two free backpacks (that MUST fit under the seat in front of you) and we are just fine. Allegiant is very open about these fees and that they are pricier if you buy them at the airport. This is an airline where you pay for your experience. Don't pay $52 for a seat and then expect plush seats, a free carry-on in the overhead, and free drink service. Each of those things cost additional money and as long as the plane is in good working order, I'm happy to pay for only the experience I deem necessary.

My four-star rating (instead of five) comes specifically from a technical issue twenty-four hours before our latest flight in which the app stated the flight was canceled. It was an unfortunate technical issue and took a few calls to confirm that our flight was not canceled. I would really like to not have that panic hours before so I suggest working out the issues with the site and app but my plane took off and that is all I cared about in order to make my cruise. People also had issues with their boarding passes at the gate despite having had them printed at the desk. Again, technical issues that need to be resolved but our friends who had this issue got on the flight in the end and we arrived almost ten minutes early so I'm not too concerned. Planning on flying in the future to keep costs down! The front staff maybe isn't the nicest but that's retail and I don't honestly care. Get me to where I'm going, assist in fixing my issues, and we'll be fine.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Had booked a flight for my daughter to fly from Harrisburg burg to Punta Gorda. My grandson died unexpectedly therefore, I cancelled my daughter's trip. I lost the money. That’s very, very poor business. Next, for my return trip after burying my 13 year old grandson, I have a checked bag which I paid $30 in advance. I approached the airline employee at the counter. I was told to put my bag on the scale. Apparently, there’s a 40 pound limit. This employee scolded me and said I would need to pay an additional $50 for the extra 6 pounds. I explained that I had a medical device in the bag. She said, "Well, take it out."

I couldn’t carry the device. I had it carefully packed. I was also embarrassed because the employee was as mean as a junkyard dog. The line behind me was getting longer. So, Allegiant got another $50 out of me. Very, very poor business. I doubt that Allegiant even cares or reads these reviews. I do hope enough customers read this and consider flying other airlines.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Reduced ticket price, no fancy stuff, no eats, no drinks. Just get on the plane, fly to your destination and keep the extra cash. Not a lot of frills at the terminal we used in Austin area, but getting the job done, I recommend these guys.

Original review: March 17, 2019

We were flying from Asheville to Denver Colorado. The departing flight was several hours late, making us arrive in Denver after dark in a snowstorm (3/2/19) at which time we rode in a shuttle for 4.5 hours in the storm to get to Breckenridge, CO. The following Saturday we were to depart Denver at 3:30 for return to Asheville, NC. The flight was initially delayed for one hour. Then more delays. Eventually at 8 pm Saturday evening they announced that the flight was cancelled due to weather. I do not believe the reason for the cancellation but nonetheless we were left in the airport to figure out on our own whether to spend the night in the airport or get a hotel room. Allegiant offered nothing except a phone number which was useless. They did not compensate us at all for the hotel room which was $130. So much for the cheap ticket. The least they could do would have been to provide us snacks at no cost when the plane finally did take off the next day.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I have not had any issues with Allegiant Air in fact just this week they helped me out with a cancelled passenger of mine that became ill at the airport while waiting for the flight. They went beyond what they would have to help me out. I do wish that they would offer more flights between Fl. and North Dakota.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Stews Really super. Very responsive to questions and requests. Friendly but still professional. Plane's interior well maintained and neat despite quick turn around times. Schedules are good except return flights from LAS. Practically lose a whole day as return requires you to be at the airport about be six o'clock in the am.

Original review: March 14, 2019

My 2 teenage daughters were gifted a trip to Disney in Orlando where they were meeting family. On the return flight home, they were pulled from boarding plane due to possible weather diversion. My oldest (17) who has flown other airlines numerous times called frantic because she was told they would get to them when they could. I told her to get back in line and wait. The ticket agent refused to speak with me until my daughter put me on speaker and I asked what Allegiant was going to do with 2 minors. She stated they could get them on a return flight on the 18th (5 days in the future), they could go back to where they were (Hello, vacation is over), book another airline ($$$) or we could drive and get them (9 hours away).

The family that met them at Disney had flight going to Atlanta that had already left so my kids were basically stranded! My husband and I both asked about flying them into different airports that were close to other friends and family that could go pick them up. We were finally able to get them on a flight to Knoxville so family member could pick them up even though it was a 2 hour drive for them. Now we are driving 3 hours to meet versus 9 hours! They pulled another teenager off the plane and booked his flight for the next night so he has to stay in the airport for over 24 hours! Customer service is a joke! Pay the extra money for an airline that truly cares and not one that yells at its passengers.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Wife was hospitalized and lost time off work. She booked tickets for her and grandbaby to fly in April... Booked tickets 30 days ago and tried to call in to cancel 30 days prior to flight. Could not get through by phone. On hold for an hour then call terminates. Out of options called bank to dispute charge. From past experience flying with them since day 1. My advice is to avoid Allegiant Air like the plague. They have been going downhill for many years. No more "Velvet Elvis" uncomfortable no reclining and seat pocket. Crammed in like sardines goes far beyond uncomfortable. It's unsafe!

Original review: March 8, 2019

Too cramped, very uncomfortable trip. The seats were so close that you had to rub up against the person on each side of you. The seats were too close to recline seats. I felt like I was back in school riding a school bus. Loud and cramped.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Outstanding value, Most convenient airports. A bit tight seating, but not too bad considering the overall cost and ease of travel with this carrier. The rewards program using their credit card is a real bonus. Access to priority lines at ticket counter, priority boarding and a free beverage, including alcoholic beverages, onboard.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I have flown your airline 6 times in the past 2 years. So has almost all of my family. We really don't have any issues with the airline. For the most part the service is fair. If I did have one complaint it is the size of the seats and space you are provided.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Booked our direct flight from IND to SFB for a short vacation. Read the reviews and thought a delay would be the worst we would encounter since there were no layovers. Day prior to flying out, I received a call that our flight has already been delayed an entire 6 HOURS! That took away one full day by the time we arrived. Couldn’t imagine that it would get worse but of course it did. Arrive for our return flight and all appears on track to leave at the correct time. Then the delays started rolling in. First delay was for 30 minutes. Second delay pushed it back another hour. This continues until we are 4 hours past our departure time. Still all good long as we make it back (my girlfriend had an important meeting the following evening). Then the cancellation happened.

Huge problem a stranding 100+ people with no option out until the following night at 6 pm (30 HOURS after our selected departure time)! Immediately called customer service (as the line for the onsite crew ran into the food court). Customer service was zero help aside from reimbursing us for that leg of the trip. Found out from customs service the initial reason for the cancellation was due to weather. Umm... How is that possible when I’m looking at the weather in both locations and it looks impossible to be due to weather conditions. Upon mentioning that, customer service then stated it wasn’t actually due to weather but mechanical issues (found out later that this has been a huge problem with many Allegiant airplanes ). No help finding flights out. No help finding hotel accommodations.

No help in any way. I totally understand there is a limit to the help someone can provide over the phone but it came across like I knew more about the flight statuses and options going near our return location than customer support searching through their system. As all flights canceled one by one that were going to our home state, we resigned to the fact we’re going to need a place to stay or book another flight from ORL. They literally expected everyone to crash in the airport or scramble to book a last minute flight for that evening or the following day. With a limited number of options to get back in time, we booked the last two seats on a flight out of ORL that cost a whopping $2,200 total. Made it home 10 hours later than expected and exhausted from all the travel hassle. Lesson learned here. NEVER FLYING ALLEGIANT AIRLINES AGAIN.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Purchased a ticket two days ago and had to cancel. I tried to cancel online and was advised that I would not be able to receive a refund. So I lost $344 for nothing. Will never use this airline again.

Original review: March 3, 2019

This airline simply sucks. Travel any other particularly Southwest if possible. I made reservations with these guys because I missed a flight, I even bought travel insurance with them just so I could return the ticked if my original airline put me on another flight. Sure enough Southwest was awesome and got me on my way home. So when I tried to cancel my reservation online, of course I could not do so online. I had to call in. I tried calling of course. Well over an hour on hold, had to hang up because my plane was leaving.

Called for over a week, couldn’t get through, finally after another hour long on hold I get through to someone who says they don’t do refunds and only travel vouchers. I know they are a budget cheap/new airlines but this is the crappiest way to deal with a new customer. I have a small business and I do my best to make sure that any customer interaction doesn’t end up with an unsatisfied customer. I mean hours on hold, the operator unwilling to help, the travel protection is useless, I don’t even want to fly with these guys after this. I travel from time to time and I switched my usual airline because of a customer service situation like this, a smart business would have capitalized on this scenario and made me a customer (ie Southwest Airlines). Fail on Allegiant.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I booked my flight back in November for an April Vegas trip. Unfortunately, due to a personal conflict I needed to change my flight to another date. I saw that there was an option to change your flight date. I assumed given it was so far out that there would be no problem or at the very least a 50 dollar change fee. I found out it is going to cost me 150 dollars to change my flight which is almost what I purchased for the original flight. They do not do a good job of making new customers like me aware of this. Most airlines have better policies than this that accommodate their flyers. I tried reaching customer help but I got an email saying they will get back to me in 60 days. I tried calling customer service and waited on the phone for 30 mins to not be directed to anyone. I would love if this airline would at least excuse my change flight fee so I can then book my trip for another date. I have not heard back from anyone at Allegiant.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

We booked a flight out of Cincinnati to Destin, Florida. Plane was late leaving in the first place by 40 minutes. Not too bad but not great. We flew the hour and a half down to Destin, we attempted to land, landing gear down and everything but pilot pulled the plane up at last minute. We were then told that the cloud cover was too much and that the company wanted their plane back in Cincinnati so we were turning around! Delta plane landed just fine right after our failed attempt. When we got back to the airport in Cincinnati they literally just stood there handing out the customer service phone number to Allegiant which I still haven't been able to get a real person to answer after being on the phone for hours. They refused a new flight unless we were willing to wait 3 days! What should have been a relaxing weekend at the beach turned into a nightmare. Horrible customer service! Never, never, never, never again.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I can’t believe that number of bad reviews here. We have used Allegiant from Niagara Falls to St. Pete Clearwater 4 times a year for the past few years and have never had a problem. We travel with an oxygen concentrator, CPAP and an emotional therapy dog. Our flights have always been on time and pleasant. I understand how frustrating weather delays can be but safety always comes first!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I was planning a trip to my grandfather's funeral, and bought a ticket with Allegiant. I, like others on here, purchased the Flex travel insurance so that I could move or cancel the flight if the travel details change (memorial service being up in the air and all). When I first called, I just got a busy signal. No hold time; I could not get through. I had to call the line for cancelled or delayed flights to even get the phone to ring. When I cancelled, the customer service rep informed me that despite buying the Flex insurance, I could only get a voucher, despite cancelling within 24 hours. I was told that the voucher was transferable. Granted, I had to have him repeat the terms of cancellation several times because I was having trouble understanding him.

When I received the voucher, however, it said that it was not transferable. I contacted customer support, and was told that I missed a line buried in their terms of service, which you read when you book, not when you are cancelling. The way the Flex insurance is marketed is deceptive, in my opinion, and you won't receive any help from customer service. Allegiant's reputation is well deserved. Don't try to save money with Allegiant -- there's a good chance you'll just lose it.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I was booking a flight using the Presidents' Day 12 percent off deal and while I was booking a flight for one person, the price went up twice from 185 to 193 to 247 in two minutes time. The last price came up after their site glitched when I put in the payment info and clicked the pay button. I called the airline and waited on hold over an hour (not an 800 free number) and was told that there was nothing they could do about it. I didn’t book it. Looks a lot like the bait and switch tactic.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

If I could post 1/10 of a tar I would. Allegiant is garbage. They are bare faced liars. Don't waste your time or money. They are nothing more than con job. Flight 1812 and flight 1856 are examples. Allegiant deliberately delays real information about delayed flights. Thus keeping you trapped on their flights. I have made the mistake more than once but never again. Avoid at all costs.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I purchase tickets to fly to Florida from Cincinnati to pick up a vehicle that I purchased online. The cost of shipping the vehicle was questionable so we decided to fly down to pick it up and drive it back. I purchased the trip insurance believing that I could cancel the flight if something came up. The dealer found me a deal on having it shipped so I canceled the flight 3 days after the purchase. I was shocked to find out there are no refunds only a travel voucher, which has to be used within a year. I have no future plans to fly anywhere so this voucher is useless to me.

I am out the $300 bucks I spent for 2 tickets. I tried the chat line to customer service that was never answered. I called customer service at 702 505-8888. I was on hold for 30 minutes the first attempt and I finally hung up. I called again later that evening. Another wasted 40 minutes on hold. All the while listening to a voice recording of how the Trip Flex will give you peace of mind knowing you can change or cancel your flights if something comes up. There was nothing that I saw when purchasing these tickets that led me to believe I could not cancel and get a refund. Terrible policy and non-existent customer service. No idea if I can even sell this stupid travel voucher. Which is only $210 bucks. I guess you forfeit the rest of what you pay. I will NEVER fly on Allegiant Airlines.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

My note to the President of Allegiant Air. Pls excuse my note, as I was only able to obtain 2 hrs sleep, due to the lack of management within your company last evening. We were on flight 146 Sunday Feb 10, from Vegas diverted to Pasco. The flight landed at 7:40pm, then we waited to learn the flight was canceled at 11:30pm. With that knowledge everyone was told to secure their own transportation and accommodations at that hour in a snowstorm. Then 20 minutes later the intercom message indicated we can stay at a local hotel, if you can get there... Adding insult to injury, three (3) hours to obtain our bags was absolutely unsatisfactory. We finally received our baggage at 2:30am. Then tasked to secure ground transportation on our own. WHERE WAS ALLEGIANT MANAGEMENT??

I’ve traveled extensively during my lifetime, thus far. I’m sincerely disappointed that someone from the hospitality industry, has very few “back up” protocols in place. I can appreciate when Mother Nature tosses you a curveball, however, the sheer lack of communication with your customers is simply appalling. I personally feel that your staff are well trained in skirting the truth. Perfect example is not being on time, telling everyone on G4 5146 flight from Pasco scheduled to depart at 12:30pm, that we can’t land in Bellingham due to poor runway management/conditions. Yet another flight lands without issue from Vegas, in BLI at the same time we could have landed. YOU MUST do better! Until then, you will not see my wife and I return to patronize your Airline any longer. I believe I speak for thousands of your customers. Still sitting on the tarmac. Sincerely disappointed...

Allegiant Air Company Information