2.7/5 (212 ratings)

About Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Our Mother and 5 daughters do a Mother/Daughter trip every year. This year I booked the flight in June, 2021 for us to travel to Nashville. Our oldest sister got sick and took a turn for the worst in September. Unfortunately she passed and we couldn't bring ourselves to take this trip to also celebrate her Oct. 5th birthday. I notified Allegiant Air and Hilda was most kind with me having to make this call in enough time for Allegiant to be able to book our seats. Allegiant refunded all of our money and was very sympathetic during this horrible time we have been going thru. Thanks to Hilda and Allegiant Air I can highly recommend them. #AllegiantAirrocks!!! This would have been my 2nd trip with them and I will certainly use them whenever I can. Very compassionate company and understanding.

Original review: April 9, 2021

We booked a flight to Destin Fla. After booking I read their reviews. I then started wishing I booked with someone else. But the flight and the crew were excellent! Nothing at all to complain about. They were very nice. Had the same crew for the return. The plane was clean and spotless. I thought it was strange having to pay for carry on bags. That was the only thing to complain about. So I was relieved when it was over. I’ll fly with them in a heartbeat.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Provides excellent service at an incredible price point. No frills but cabins clean and personnel very helpful. They also give many discounts to our Military which is awesome. And I like that the airports they tend to use are less crowded than the major airports. Makes for a much less stressful experience.

Original review: March 19, 2021

Social distancing was non existent. The price was great for the round trip flight but I felt as though I was in a cattle car. I guess I should not complain since I flew on the cheap and knew what I was getting into. The flight was uneventful and I arrived safely. The seats are very close together. On one leg of the trip comfort was fine, second leg of the trip, someone overweight sat next to me and spilled over into my seat. I will fly Allegiant again but realize that I am flying them for the great fare, not for comfort.

Original review: March 17, 2021

First time flyers with ALLEGIANT in 2020 at beginning of the lockdowns across the country in March 2020. From, ticket search to completion of journey....EXCELLENCE in every category. I have been a frequent flyer through many years and ALLEGIANT will be my go to airline. Please add more flights. Great job ALLEGIANT! AND THANK YOU.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

We were scheduled to fly out of Grand Rapids at 8AM December 31. Flight was canceled at 3AM that Friday morning. We rebooked on Monday, January 3rd., agent telling us that was our best option. This necessitated staying in Grand Rapids 3 more nights. 3AM Monday morning flight cancelled again, no explanation. We could not wait another 4 days, and who would trust Allegiant again? We rented a car, drove 300 miles to Detroit, spent a night at the Holiday Inn, flew out Spirit to Fort Myers. We had a choice of 3 flights on Spirit. We travel back and forth from Florida, we will never use ALLEGIANT AIR DOES NOT CARE Airlines unless they are truly the last resort.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Terrible Customer Service (from 1 agent in particular). Agent Natalie that we spoke to at 8:30P MDT via phone call on 1/10/2022 was inconsiderately rude at the end of our call. She actually hung up the call rather than listening to the customer complaint and appropriately responding/sharing feedback. She belittled the customer and did not provide courteous feedback. She let me know she made a note that we spoke to her on the account but would refused to allow me to give any feedback over the phone that she could proactive relay to the team. Let me add that I was chatting with this individual after being on hold for 4 hours and after a 2 hour delay on 1/9/2022 on Flight 712.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Do not trust this company to honor their package deals. Booked two separate packages through Allegiant for hotel and Raiders tickets. Both times (one in November, one in January) they sent worse tickets than the tickets advertised in the packages I purchased. Online chat customer service doesn't work, the phone line says it's a 2 hour+ wait to talk to someone. Thank God I'm not dealing with a flight issue.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Allegiant cancelled my flight for March. Did not refund my ticket. Gave me voucher for 100.less than I paid. I want full $ refund. Have been on hold for 3 hours (today 0 and counting, and 2 1/2 hrs yesterday. I fear they are not even trying to address their clients. My trip was to see a relative who is critically ill. Very frustrated and emotional. What can I do?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

My experience with Allegiant on my flight to Pittsburgh from Sarasota was nothing short of aggravating. First it took the people at the baggage check-in nearly 50 minutes to get our bags checked in and ready for flight. Had it taken a minute longer, I may have nearly missed boarding the flight... if they had any idea what gate to be at. Our plane was scheduled to leave out of one gate, but the screen showed a totally different flight boarding from our gate at the same time ours was scheduled. We waited for at least 20 minutes to see if our flight would still be boarding from that gate, and the people at the counter ensured us Pittsburgh was still scheduled to board from that gate.

At the last minute, we were then told our flight was boarding from a different gate which luckily was the one right next to us. If this wasn't bad enough, I had originally paid for a carryon bag that I ended up not utilizing for both the flight to and from Pittsburgh. The people at the desk made a note and gave me a number to call for customer service... I have been calling this number since my return on December 19th and have not gotten through once. I even emailed customer service with no response. Looks as though I will not be getting a refund on the bags I paid for but didn't even use.

Allegiant Air Company Information