2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.60/5

Allegiant Air Reviews

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I flew on flight # 571, from Phoenix, AZ to Las Vegas, & it was the best flight!! Everything went smooth from parking all the way through to the end. The flight was smooth, with no hiccups, attendants, Kim, Mellisa, Thsh & Skyler, were amazing!! Seats comfortable enough. Everything, smooth as a baby's butt. There are no frills on this flight, but an hour flight, who needs it. They do offer food & beverage to buy!

Original review: May 20, 2019

Other than a few delayed flights I have been using them for a decade and find them good for short flights and quite economical. But last week I was returning from Sarasota to Asheville and there was a smell in the cabin like a poorly made deodorizer. One hour into the flight, the cabin FILLED with this smell as if it had been pumped through the air and I began to have an immediate bad reaction...eyes running, nose running, dry throat, sneezing and then coughing. A good third of the cabin was coughing. The distress never went away and I ended up at the doctors within a few days with a bad bloody cough and a rattle in my chest. I hear they are using pyrethrins for insect spray. Customer Service never go back to me. I would hate for this to happen again.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2019

We fly back and forth, at least, once a month. Yes we’ve had a “few” delays here and there, but, not that often. We can’t complain whatsoever. Majority of the time they are early or on time. I fly with my 2 lb and 3 lb pocket poodles who fit in 1 carrier. They don’t make a peep and majority don’t even know they are on the plane. All stewards have been very polite.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I see some bad reviews on here, maybe we got lucky. We used Allegiant to travel back and forth from Albany, NY to Sanford Orlando airport and it was fine. You can't beat the price, as we booked it kind of close to the date of our trip. Not sure it would be comfortable on a long trip, but I have traveled major airlines and their seats might recline and have a little more room, but they are basically cloth with no cushioning left in them (United especially). I think I would use Allegiant again for a short trip and hope not to have an experience like some of the ones I have read about! Our flight both ways were on time and the staff on board were personable.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I've flown Allegiant about four times now and have had mostly pleasant experiences each time. They keep the flights cheap by adding on fees that you are not required to pay. One paid bag in the hold between my husband and I and two free backpacks (that MUST fit under the seat in front of you) and we are just fine. Allegiant is very open about these fees and that they are pricier if you buy them at the airport. This is an airline where you pay for your experience. Don't pay $52 for a seat and then expect plush seats, a free carry-on in the overhead, and free drink service. Each of those things cost additional money and as long as the plane is in good working order, I'm happy to pay for only the experience I deem necessary.

My four-star rating (instead of five) comes specifically from a technical issue twenty-four hours before our latest flight in which the app stated the flight was canceled. It was an unfortunate technical issue and took a few calls to confirm that our flight was not canceled. I would really like to not have that panic hours before so I suggest working out the issues with the site and app but my plane took off and that is all I cared about in order to make my cruise. People also had issues with their boarding passes at the gate despite having had them printed at the desk. Again, technical issues that need to be resolved but our friends who had this issue got on the flight in the end and we arrived almost ten minutes early so I'm not too concerned. Planning on flying in the future to keep costs down! The front staff maybe isn't the nicest but that's retail and I don't honestly care. Get me to where I'm going, assist in fixing my issues, and we'll be fine.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I have an Allegiant Card, the benefits are great, however one of the perks is that you can BOGO free flight if you are booking a car. The terrible downside is that you have to call in order to receive this deal. Unless you have a log of patience, and time this is not worth it. To do one booking, BOGO free I have spent over 2.5 hours and computer time with this one reservation. (Computer time, is that I logged on to chat, and that took forever too, and is included in my 2.5 hours of time it has taken to book this flight).

I'm not sure if saving $114.00 was worth 2.5 hours of phone time and computer time. I put in 3 complaints 1- via, phone to the person I talked to, one via chat, and one via on line survey that I received, and no one there seems to really care. Sure, they said sorry, but did not offer that they would tell a higher up how frustrating it is, or look into it, just that it is a busy time. Honestly, this isn't the first time. I have made 2 other reservations this way and each has easily taken over 1 hour each time, and has been frustrating. So if you want to take advantage of the BOGO, be sure you are ready for a long wait, and give yourself plenty of time to do this.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I have a duffel bag that appears bulky but had little in it so I was asked to put it in the personal item thing and it fit and the lady said I had to pay so I asked for a manager and she said I’ll miss my flight if I wait for a manager. So I asked why my bag didn’t fit and both ladies then told me it was a carry on. Even thought it fit perfectly and I have used this bag before with no issues. So eventually after trying to reason with them and they didn’t give me any reason or a manager or supervisor I took a video of them and they wouldn’t give me their names or their supervisor. And I recorded my bag perfectly fitting and paid for it and got on and made sure to write this review: I would post the video if I could.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

On Sunday, Dec 15, 2019, Flight 2213 Conf #: ** was scheduled for departure 9:28 PM from gate 5 at the Chattanooga airport flying to Orlando. We started boarding later than the scheduled time, and after sitting on the plane for a little while, an announcement was made that there was an issue with a filter that the crew was working on resolving. Shortly after, we were asked to deplane, as they were having trouble removing the old filter. Once we had deplaned, an announcement was made that they were working on the issue. They informed us that they were working to get another plane in from Orlando that night. However, if they weren’t able to by midnight, we would have to wait until morning to fly home. They announced that all of us had the option to move to a different flight on a different day, going to a different airport.

Another announcement was made by Allegiant staff that they were still working to get a replacement plane and crew in tonight. They informed us that if not, our flight would be move to around 0800 am in the morning, and that we would be provided with hotel vouchers. Shortly after this, a cart with a large number of pizzas was brought in and everyone was offered a slice of pizza. No drinks were offered at this time. I do recall that there were a small number of sodas and an even smaller number of very small bottles of water on the gate desk as we were deplaning. This original number of drinks was not enough for everyone, and no other drinks were offered. This was late at a small airport, so there were no vendors open to offer other drink choices or food.

Sometime between 11 pm and 12 am, we were informed that we would not be flying home to Orlando tonight, and that our rescheduled flight would be departing at 0537 am the next morning. We were informed that no hotel vouchers would be given. We were informed that we would have to go back to the pre-security area of the airport because we weren’t allowed to stay post-security through the night. We were also informed that we would all be given $100 in vouchers with Allegiant. Our party included 3 adults and 2 boys ages 3 and 6, and we were in a pre-security area. We were concerned about falling asleep while his children were there.

We found an area of floor to try to get some sleep. For the next 2 hours, I attempted to get some sleep, but was unable to due to the airport getting colder and colder, and it being noisy and well lit. I got to the point where I was shivering, so I got up around 2:30 am. I went to the Allegiant check in desk, and found a staff member. He informed me that the manager never showed up, which was expected by the staff. He found my suitcase for me so I could get another sweatshirt and a beanie cap to keep warm. I went back to the room with my friends to try again to get some sleep. After a while I finally dozed off, to be awoken around 0400 am. We immediately went up to security, and went through, back to gate 5 to await our flight. $100 in vouchers, that we were given each, was just kicking us while we were down. I slept less than an hour prior to getting on that flight that morning.

$100 in flight vouchers isn’t worth much. $100 in flight vouchers might cover a round trip flight somewhere, if I can find some of your lower cost fares that are going a place I want to go on one of your schedules that I can work with. This is assuming that I don’t want to check a bag. If I am not able to meet all of these requirements to get a round trip for under $100, what then? I would have to find a flight that met my needs and spend more money with Allegiant. This doesn’t make any sense on my part, as I don’t want the risk of running into an issue like this again and not be taken care of. I believe the right thing for Allegiant to have done, was to offer all of us passengers hotel vouchers along with the $100 in flight vouchers.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Staff on air is very rude and mean. I have a serious complaint against 2 lady air hostesses on the flight located towards the end of the airplane today on 12/02 flight 2336 from Orlando to Richmond. They talked rudely to my child and were being mean to us. They need to learn how to talk to kids and adults. Also they were continuously chatting loudly with each other which was annoying. It was our insult. Are we paying money to get ourselves insulted? I need answers from airline authorities on today’s issue!!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Website did not work, called customer support and was told they did not have a problem with the website. Cost me 200 more than if my booking would have gone through on the website. Absolutely the worst airline I’ve ever dealt with. I will pay double to fly with a airline that cares about the customer.

Not sure about Allegiant Air?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Airlines for you.

Allegiant Air Company Information