Allegiant Air

Compare Airlines

Research top Airlines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This airline is a joke. They take your money for prepaid chain and then they move your seating based on whatever. I paid $80 per ticket for preferred seating. Got to the airport and my seat from 5c was transferred to seat 28. The girl that was traveling in seat 28 was transferred to my seat with no rhyme or reason. No apology.

Allegiant Airlines customer service is the worst and pathetic. Our flight got cancelled (Vegas to Bellingham) without any notice and reschedule. It was my mom's first trip to States and we had the worst experience with this airline. We had to drive from Vegas to Mesa Airport to take another flight. We had to spent so much money from our pocket to rent a car and fuel and on the spot it costed us more than 1000 dollars extra because the car drop off location was different (Mesa) from pick up location (Vegas). On top of that so much hassle, driving to Mesa from Vegas, then drive from Bellingham to Vancouver as we live in Canada. I cant explain the hell we had to go through.

Anyways, I received email from airline earlier that will receive cheques 5-10 days. To make sure that it was coming under my name and address because my Mom lives in India and I live in Canada. She visited me for a month and during that time I took her to States for the 1st time on Vegas trip. I called them to change name and address so it wont get lost because the address they had on their file was the billing address of my mom's credit card and that house is under construction for a while. So we knew if they send it there nobody will be able to pick it up. So, I had to call them 3 times for the same thing. 1st CUSTOMER SERVICE person I talked I had to wait on the line for 40 mins. After 40 mins of waiting, someone finally answered the call. She made sure with me that she has changed the name and address for the cheque so I don't have to worry about it.

I waited for 1 month but the cheque never arrived. I called them again after a month. 2nd CUSTOMER SERVICE person I talked, her name was Lily. This time I had to wait for 35 mins in line. I mentioned her that I didn't receive the cheque yet so she told me, “We sent that cheque to the billing address we had on file but the cheque came back to us as no one was there so we are sending it to the other address you gave us.” I asked her if it’s coming under my name. This time she's like, “I'm not sure but if it doesn't come under your name. Give us a call back and I’ll make sure it comes under your name and address.” She seemed nice that's why I asked for her name. I got so pissed at first the lady I talked to the first time. She made sure that she corrected the name and address still they sent the cheque to the wrong address. So I waited for another 10 days to receive the cheque.

I finally received the cheque but the name on that cheque was my mom and the address on the cheque was my work address. I got so frustrated after calling them twice for same thing. They still made a huge same mistake. They sent the cheque under my Mom's name who don't even live in Canada and they put the address in Canada on the cheque. I was so mad that I waited for more than a month and still they messed it up so I called them again for the 3rd time.

3rd CUSTOMER SERVICE person I talked was INSANE!! from other two times. 1st I waited for 47 mins on the line to get hold of them and then he talked to me very badly. He was so rude, I had to mention him the whole story again and instead of helping me he was yelling at me. He told me it’s going to come under my mom's name because she used her card to book the tickets. I told him the whole address situation and how she lives in India and I live here in Canada. He was keep on yelling at me and when I try to say something he's like, “I know you said this for 5th time, you said this for the 5th time.” What the hell that suppose to mean. I told him, "It’s not my fault that the last two times I called and talked to your CS person, every-time they told me the cheque is coming under my name and address. Now you are telling me the entire different story."

So, he transferred me to his Supervisor named Michelle. I didn't know this airline hire retards for the supervisor position. Sorry to say retard but that pathetic lady was super rude to me. She was the worst than the others I spoke to. She started yelling at me the policy rules again and again. She's like, “Doesn't matter your mother and you are her daughter. It’s only going to come under her name.” There was no need to make that kind of comment. Whenever I tried to say something she will be like, “Yes you said it 5 times” same in the way her employee told me earlier. Of course I have to repeat myself because you are not helping. But surprisingly, that's how this airline customer service reps and supervisors are trained to comment or taunt on their customers like that? I can't express the way she talked to me, I was so hurt.

It's not my fault your employees are not well trained, every time I called I got different information from each person. It’s not my fault your flight got cancelled without any notice or rescheduling. Every time I called I had to wait in line for 35-45 mins on hold, still my problem didn't get resolved. I am surprised how they hire such a rude, unprofessional and uneducated staff. What can you expect from reps when their SUPERVISOR is more rude, pathetic and illiterate than others. The cheque is just sitting in the drawer, I don't want to mail it to my mom now with a fear of getting lost in mail because at the end this airline not going to help, but only going to make things more worse. Now I'm waiting for my vacation to be approved so I can visit my mom and gave her the cheque.

THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE with this Airline and their customer service and WORST SUPERVISOR MICHELLE!! Never book this Airline to avoid such hassle and mess I had to go through!! I am surprised that this Airline doesn't even care about their reputation. When you GOOGLE this airline, their rating is so POOR!! Still they don't care to improve it.

My parents flew in for first time and flight which was supposed to take off at 5.45 PM is still not left. Why don't you tell customer what is the problem? They can take next flight instead of making old people wait for 6 hrs. It's ridiculous...

Delayed flight both ways. Rude flight attendants. Delayed at airport after flight because they had no one to unload bags. Supervisor refused to tell people why we couldn't get our bags. Contractors with customer service used foul language.

I purchased 2 airfare tickets using the Allegiant's website four weeks before our planned trip to Asheville -- one ticket for myself and the other for my husband. The tickets cost $291 but there are very few airlines that fly into Asheville, and we wanted to go there for our wedding anniversary. Unfortunately, six days prior to our planned the departure date of 7/7/17, my 17-year old niece died unexpectedly from an undiagnosed autoimmune disorder. I tried to contact Allegiant's customer service staff to see what could be done under the circumstances, but there's no number to call. I wrote to them and received no response.

I finally found a phone number to reach someone and after waiting what seemed like forever, I finally received a rep who immediately told me that, under Allegiant's no refund policy (for any reason), customers cannot request a refund regardless of the reason after 24 hours of the booking... and there's no voucher given for future travel, even after paying a change fee, for any cancellation requested within 7 days of booking... but of course, my young niece died 6 days prior to our trip and her funeral was set for 7/8/17 (the day after we had planned to travel to Asheville).

In addition to that Allegiant's no refund policy for the airfare, their 'no refunds, we don't care who died' policy also applies to pre-paid baggage fees and pre-paid seat selections that were paid when booking. Despite the fact that it's not written anywhere on their website, I was told that even the pre-paid baggage fees could not be refunded for ticket orders after 24 hours of booking regardless of circumstances. I asked if I could just reschedule the flight for after the funeral... nope, no refunds and I would have to pay even more money for the next week that we could go.

It's bad enough that the company won't offer any refunds for cancellations due to deaths, nor do they offer any bereavement fares, but in addition, Allegiant's refusal to refund the pre-payment of $80 for handling and storing 2 bags is a total rip-off and, in my view, is a form of stealing on the part of the airline. No Allegiant employee(s) ever handled or stored our 2 bags as both flights had to be and were cancelled prior to the flight's scheduled departure. That is, no check-in clerk or tarmac workers has ever touched our bags. Allegiant should be ashamed of themselves for this awful and unfair refund policy. They are despicable. I not only lost my beloved niece, I lost money and all respect for this lousy airline. From now on, we will just make the 6 1/2 drive to Asheville as we'll never, ever fly Allegiant again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

I have attempted to call their Las Vegas office (as that appears to be the only direct number you can get) 4 times and have been on hold for at least 25 minutes each time. After being disconnected the fourth time, I gave up. I flew my son and his girlfriend home for his mother's surprise birthday. After reading what was considered a carry on bag, I decided to be safe, I would get them one carry on a piece and one checked bag together. After he arrived, he had a small backpack and she had her purse. I attempted to call Allegiant Air (UNSUCCESSFUL of course) to let them know I wanted to get refund for the carry on bags. I cannot get an answer at all from ANYONE there. Seems the standard to keep people on hold and then disconnect them around the 25 to 30 minute mark.

I again attempted to call them on July 6, thinking maybe, just maybe "Cathy" (person who answers ALL the phones) took a vacation day on July 3rd. But then again, she may have taken today as well. Maybe Mitch Allee, Jim Patterson, and Dave Beadle need to revisit the napkin they drew this company up on and rewrite how they are going to stay in business with poor customer service. I have had multiple bad flights with this company and just as bad customer service each time. So don't think I am being a snobby person and complaining over $120 in luggage. But I should not have to pay for something that was not used.

Here is the sad part, the website states (24 hours a day) "Due to the current high demand for Allegiant travel deals call wait times can be greater than: 30 Minutes". Really??? Then they disconnect you because THERE IS NOBODY THERE!!! Sad, but people see the low fares, then add all the luggage fees and seat assignments, you might as well have flown with Delta or Southwest! I guess I will be returning back to Delta and Southwest as they have a clue how to treat a customer! Awesome customer service is well worth the additional $50 to $100 (at the end, add it up, you will see) a ticket more... mark these words down "If Allegiant Air continues to not focus on customer support, they will go bankrupt by 2019".

Allegiant Airlines in Punta Gorda Florida to Trenton New Jersey - I had to delay flying into Trenton then had another delay flying back home so they rescheduled my trip for Thursday. Give me priority booking a lot of good that did with a delay. They would not refund me that cost either. Their customer service needs New Management. I spent a lot of money and they did not come through. Very disappointing. They should just come delayed Allegiant and it's not funny.

I did not pick up my rental car. I went to the rental place and could not get the car because of service fees. I did not have the money on account because I did not know I had to pay for it. They ask me if someone else could help. I got the money but it was cash. That did not work. I got a prepaid card that did not work. I got my aunt to help but because she did not have a credit card. I could not get the car. My father passed away a few months ago and my mother needed help at home. She cannot get around much and I came to help her and now I cannot do that.

I talked to a rep 02/21 this morning and she told me they rented my car. I called Alamo and was told my car was not rented. I need a resolution to this event. I am very disappointed in this outcome. Someone needs to call me. This is so messed up. That they could not even give me part of my money back. I will not be flying with them. I would rather drive to where I have to go. NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN, AM GOING DELTA, I RATHER PAY MORE MONEY.

Allegiant has really changed. It use to be personable and friendly. I had an emergency and needed to change my date of travel. The only way to do this was to speak with an Allegiant rep. I called and was on hold for 47 min. The next day I called and was on hold for 52 minutes then the phone just hung up on me. I called back repeatedly and the line was busy. I'm done! Allegiant lost my business entirely. Got a refund through my bank due to these terrible circumstances with this airline.

On June 16, 2017, myself and my children flew Allegiant from Austin-Bergstrom to the Orlando, Sanford airport. The professionalism of the staff was unacceptable. First, we arrived one hour prior to departure, because as stated by the website "Passengers with checked baggage must check in at the the airport ticket counter at least forty-five minutes before flight departure. There was no line at the ticket counter, and the person working the area had already stopped taking checked bags. We were an hour early, which means he stopped taking bags earlier than policy states. There was a long line at security with passengers whose bags the airline refused to take because apparently we were late even though their policy states differently. We were forced to take our luggage as a carry on. Not to mention, we paid extra to check it. For me, this meant carrying a lap infant, toddler, diaper bag, and suitcase.

I was forced to throw away over $200 in expensive products me and my children use because my checked bag was now forced to be a carry on. This was a flight I could not miss. There was no assistance from the airline with families struggling to tote their own checked bags that we now had to drag around, as well. I didn't check the bag as a carry on before, because after my umbilical hernia surgery "two days prior" I'm not suppose to carry anything that heavy. I barely was approved to carry my infant and a small diaper bag. Yet, I had no assistance throwing my 30 pound suitcase overhead. The crew watched as I struggled with the suitcase and my children, and only asked that I clear the isle ASAP. The plane was very hot.

The total experience was very ghetto, and I could tell the airline could care less that they were costing customers money by not following their own policy. In my case, injury to a healing surgical wound. I am so upset I am out of so much money from my things that I shouldn't have had to throw out. Also, that I paid for a service I wasn't allowed to receive. The Austin-Bergstrom Airport Allegiant airline is the worst I have ever seen. You could hear multiple other passengers angry over the exact same things happening to them. You can also hear their employees making remarks about passengers if you sit near the front. This was the worst experience I have ever had with an airline.

I have flown Allegiant more than 20 times and it just gets worse. About 30% of the time they are delayed. They nickel and dime you more and more. I keep returning because it is a direct flight, but this is my last time! Today's flight was delayed 3 times after I arrived at the airport (3 hours). Generally the crew is ok but I have had bad experiences. If you can't fly on time consistently you are poorly managed. They suck!

My flight for 2 from Stockton to Las Vegas was canceled. I had a bundle package, Allegiant only reimbursed me for the flight to Vegas and 1 carry on bag. Shouldn't I be reimbursed for both carry on bags and reimbursed for the hotel and the returning flight? I didn't actually go to Vegas to return on the flight back to Stockton. Why was I NOT reimbursed for the whole package. Very disappointed. I can't reach anyone by phone.

Planned a 9 trip from Las Vegas to Minneapolis hours before departure on the 20th of May 2017 Allegiant cancels flight Due To not enough crew. Okay I guess I will fly the next day Allegiant cancels flight hours before Flight due to not enough crew. finally made it to Minneapolis on the third day. on return from my trip on May 31st hours before the flight it's delayed for hours due to waiting for crew to fly In from Boston. took 20 steps to the Delta counter bought a ticket I was home in no time don't ever fly with Allegiant if you have any plans to do anything it's obvious just a matter of time before they're out of business. PS As a bonus they did send me A$50 Voucher for cancelled flights. Wow.

In February 2017, my father-in-law passed away and we had to make quick, cheap arrangements to get to Palm Springs so we flew in to Los Angeles via Allegiant Air. In the meantime, my grandmother passed away and I had to get home to catch another flight to Louisiana. We get to the airport, checked luggage and headed to the gate. We get there, are told our flight was cancelled and they would not be rescheduling. I was upset and told them I needed to get home and asked what they were going to do about it. They said, nothing, it's cancelled and we have to catch a different airline. They shut down their counter and no customer service rep was available. We had to go look for our luggage and sat in the airport trying to figure out how to get home with NO MONEY to re-book a flight.

After searching all the airlines, I found a flight on SW Airlines so I had to call my mother to use her credit card to get home as we would not have money until the next day which was payday for both of us. We made it home, me in tears, and frustration because we had to dish out almost $750 that we did not budget for, to get home. I repacked and caught my flight to Louisiana and called Allegiant requesting a refund. They only refunded the second leg of the trip and did not offer any other settlement. I will NEVER fly Allegiant again for the fear of getting stranded again. Prior to our trip. I told my nephew that we were flying Allegiant and he laughed and told me GOOD LUCK. I guess he already had an experience with them as well.

I bought a ticket from Allegiant Air AND insurance about two weeks ago. I am a first grade teacher and was trying to go to Disney World for a week in the summer. It came to my attention that I had booked the wrong airport in Florida. I called the service number to see what could be done about re-booking or if there was a connecting flight. I was quickly told that there wasn't a connecting flight. I asked if there was another flight going from Indianapolis to MCO and was told no. I asked if I could get a refund since I wasn't going to be able to make that flight and they told me no. I asked if I could use the ticket as credit and just book another flight through Allegiant later in the year and was once again told no.

My last resort was to give the ticket to a family member so at least it wasn't going to go to complete waste. I was then told no again since they wouldn't change the name on the ticket. The rep I was talking to said even if I did a no show they were not going to refund any of my money. I don't understand what the insurance was for if it wasn't going to cover anything. Congratulations Allegiant you got a $144 donation from a teacher who can't afford to go to Disney World now since I would have to buy a brand new ticket. You're Welcome.

Today I went to Allegiant Airlines at Punta Gorda, FL. Three agents, no one checking in and they refused to sell me a ticket although I was told by Allegiant Customer Service I could buy at airport. One agent named "Gladys" was rude beyond what was warranted. When I asked her her name she hid behind a computer 3x so I wouldn't see her name tag. Said her name was "Just Gladys." She thought that was a great joke. She turned down a paying customer. Just Gladys should be fired. She had no concept of working with the public and customer service. Allegiant needs to train their employees in customer service techniques. No need for rudeness. Buy your tickets from Ft. Myers Airport. Skip this one!

My wife purchased 2 airfare tickets using the Allegiant's website -- One ticket for herself and the other for her 95-year-old mother. One week prior to the departure date, he mother experienced a heart attack. My wife contacted Allegiant's customer service staff to see what could be done under the circumstances. The Customer Service rep immediately told her that, under Allegiant's no refund policy, customers cannot request a refund regardless of the reason after 24 hours of the booking.

My complaint is that Allegiant's no refund policy also applies to pre-paid baggage fees that may be paid when booking. My wife did pre-pay a $20 baggage handling fee for both her and her mother that would allow them to check one bag each at check-in ($40 total). My wife was told that even the pre-paid baggage fees could not be refunded for ticket orders after 24 hours of booking regardless of circumstances. My wife told the customer service rep, to no avail, that we received a signed note by the hospital cardiologist stating that my wife's mother was not a candidate to fly for at least one month.

Here's why the refusal to refund the pre-payment of $40 for handling and storing 2 bags is a total rip-off and, in my view, is a form of stealing on the part of Allegiant -- No Allegiant employee(s) ever handled or stored the 2 bags in question as both flights had to be and were cancelled prior to the flight's scheduled departure. That is, no check-in clerk or Tarmac workers ever touched these bags. Allegiant should be ashamed of themselves for this awful and unfair refund policy.

On April 7th I boarded my Allegiant plane in Asheville and was sitting and ready to fly to Punta Gorda from Asheville to meet friends in the AM and have lunch. Then get ready to travel to Boston Logan on another plane with JetBlue the next day at 10 AM and then catch another plane to China. So Friday AM we were told to depart the plane for mechanical failures and wait and see. Soon water was passed out for the passengers to drink and keep hydrated. This was not a good sign. Later meal vouchers were given to help pay for a meal in the Asheville Airport. Again not a good sign. Finally around 1 PM the flight is cancelled and they don't know when it will fly on Saturday morning.

Now I am in a big hurt because I have to get to Boston Logan to catch a flight to China and now have very little time to figure this out. Asking various airlines in the Asheville Airport for help was tough with only American giving me a reasonable flight to Charlotte Sat AM that would give me time to catch China flight. I rent a car Friday afternoon around 1:30 and drive the 2.5 hours to Charlotte and spend the night. Sat AM get up early to return car and pay fees needed. Located the terminal I needed to be to only have my companion tell me Jetblue who I was flying with Sat to Boston Logan needed me to go by desk and show why I could not make the flight with them or they would cancel my whole itinerary of Beijing to Fuzhou China, and back so off to Jetblue to keep my tickets active. Tickets now Ok with Jetblue and Heusen Airlines. Now onto American Air to fly to Boston Logan to meet my traveling companion and catch the plane to Beijing.

Once back in the states I call customer service and was on hold 38 minutes before anyone was available. That person assured me my voucher would be sent right now to my email - not. Promised fees would come off my credit card in a few days so we will see. As far as other expenses go to customer relations. From talking to other fliers of Allegiant this happens all the time with cancelled flights. Living in Asheville a mountain town in NC we see many Florida folks flying Allegiant air to and from with many having stories of last minute cancellations and long delays. Some will never use Allegiant ever again and I believe I will be one because they lie, are untrustworthy, play games over the phone and just don't seem to care knowing someone will fill the seat on cheap flights not knowing the negative history of Allegiant.

Scheduled a flight from Phx/Mesa to Sioux Falls on April 20, 2017. Paid for 3 of us to fly, to return to Sioux Falls for my mother's funeral. Arrived at the terminal two hours early, as they direct on website... very long story short... after endless waiting, getting on the plane, taxi out, return to terminal, wait on plane, then deplane, wait in terminal more... keep getting told we will go "soon." Finally they cancel the flight and resched for 7:30 am next day... have to arrive at 5:30 am... they did put us up in motel, but no food, or apologies, and so much waiting. I missed my mother's family visitation and meeting with the Pastor before her funeral. I have flown with them often due to the direct flights to SoDak, but will never again, unless I receive some apologies and refund. SOME people on the flight already did... some of us did not. How does this make any sense? Very poorly managed, staffed and customer service is not their priority.

Our flight delayed 3 times, 6 hrs later cancelled. When text came in on way to airport, it said on time. 30 minutes before takeoff delayed. When cancelled, no text. No email. We were at next gate seating because area at gate full. We found out flight cancelled from janitor not airline.

We have been using Allegiant Travel for many years and several flights. The airline is run well with excellent pilots. The cabin crew... well! They offer a package that is extremely attractive. A total no frills airline with adequate service to have us come back time and time again.

I travel Allegiant every month. Great price, in 1 1/2 years, only one flight delayed for only one hour. You can take your pets on board with you. Staff is friendly, haven't encountered any rude employees at all. I have used many airlines for decades, this is my favorite. USAir got us to Hawaii 5 hours late, Delta always has layovers in Atlanta, wasting hours. Allegiant has great prices, direct flights and never late.

We were on Flight 576 from Clearwater Florida to Rockford Illinois. First off, on our flight down, only one of two bathrooms were working, resulting in long lines. Ridiculous. On our flight back, after they said the crew was on board for our comfort and safety were their main concern, we ended up sitting on the tarmac for 40+ minutes, without air conditioning and a plane full of people. We had elderly people along with several people who had trouble breathing. While we sat in a very uncomfortable and dangerous situation, the crew did nothing for our "comfort and safety". My family witnessed the lack of concern and will not be using this airline, moving forward. One would think they, this Clearwater based crew, would offer water and/or allow us to get off the plane. People could not breathe and they could of cared less. It was nothing short of scary. Never again.

Flight delayed 6 hours, boarded the plane, then an hour later we were told that the airplane was broken. The flight was reschedule a full 24 hours after the original departure. Customer service was horrible. A complete lack of accountability. The worst experience I have ever encountered with an airline. We were first told that the flight was delayed due to weather. Then after boarding we were told they were locating the flight log, and they were doing a head count, because seats were overbooked. Then we were told the plane was broken. I was offered a 100 voucher for another trip. I will never fly Allegiant Airlines again. Totally unprofessional and unacceptable.

I've traveled twice now with you guys. Each time my flights were delayed. These are separate days. We sit boarded on a plane for up to 30 mins while the pilot and attendees chat. Meanwhile we have no idea what's going on except we're told we would be leaving soon. Punctuation is everything. They have said both time there was a problem with the plane. I think maintenance needs to be on all the planes. The service is terrible because we're paying for a specific flight. Without doubt it's always delayed and unfair. I'll pay for better planes that will run on time. Upon reading reviews this is typical and Allegiant should not be trusted.

Horrible experience! We had already checked in online and had our boarding passes. We arrived at the airport early as we had to check our bags. I spoke with the attendant at the counter and was told we couldn't check our bags till 2 hours prior our departure. She had the opportunity to tell me there would probably be a very long line & suggest that I wait there (but she did not). We left and went to another part of the airport. We decided to come back early and found there were about 50 people in line. After waiting in line a little while we found that a different Allegiant flight was now boarding. Those people were moved to the front of the line so they wouldn't miss their flight. The line was now VERY LONG & there were only 2 attendants at the counter. To think I could have been the first person in line had the attendant given me a heads up. Read reviews before you book with Allegiant!

This has been the worst travel experience! Our flight scheduled out of New Orleans March 3 was canceled 45 minutes prior to departure with little to no communication from staff leaving passengers providing mixed and confusing information to one another. Allegiant staffers have been so rude and insulting to say the least. We tried calling customer service but the phone lines never gave us a live person. We were insulted by the airline's offer of $8 dollar meal vouchers for a full 24 hrs. (Which several vendors would not honor. Lucky Dogs was our declining vendor.) You can't purchase water & peanuts on airlines for $8. The inconvenience cost me nearly $200 in round-trip transportation to and from my hotel to the airport. Additional fees to park my car at Allegiant's parking lot. Hundreds more in food and miscellaneous unexpected purchases.

I'm unable to return home to my children. Whom I've been away from longer than expected causing childcare inconveniences. And to my RESCHEDULE flight scheduled to depart from New Orleans Saturday March 4 at 11:47 has now been DELAYED and additional 2 hrs. This is completely unacceptable. I feel like I'm being held hostage by your airline!! Not to mention I've now ran out of my daily dose of prescribe medication to control my anxiety and my health is now at risk!! I will never travel with this airline again EVEN IF IT WERE FREE and nor will I ever recommend anyone else!! This has caused unnecessary stress and increased anxiety for me and many other passengers!

I waited on the phone for over an hour trying to get through to Allegiant Air's customer service. I was trying to book a round trip ticket for a child under two. The problem was the day we had planned on flying home would have been her birthday. When I finally got through to an agent, I was told to book a one way ticket to our destination and then another one way ticket for our return home flight. I was told this in a very short, rude way and then immediately hung up on. That was a nice warm and fuzzy feeling after being held on the phone for over an hour.

I felt like this was a really cheap, tacky way to treat a customer. They couldn't give us a little leeway on the flight home? If they really want to get technical the child was born in the evening and we would be flying home in the morning, so no, she wouldn't really be two yet. I didn't book the flight because I will be going with Southwest! They may cost more but at least I will be treated better.

On Thursday December 8th, I flew with Allegiant airlines from Austin to Cincinnati. I was one of the last to board and the aircraft was out of overhead bin space by the time I got on. The flight attendant told me she was going to gate check my bag. I protested and told her I had my purse and laptop in that bag. She replied, "Ma'am, your bag will be handed right back to you as soon as we land." I then allowed her to take my bag and took my seat. We were pulling away from the gate about five minutes later. Upon arriving in Cincinnati I was told to pick up my bag at baggage claim. When I complained I was told my bag would be handed right back to me, the same flight attendant told me, "We're short staffed tonight."

When my bag came off the ramp at baggage claim I noticed right away it was halfway unzipped... my wallet and laptop were missing. Employees at the Allegiant counter were reluctant to help me. The flight attendant also forgot to put a gate check tag on my bag. I was scolded for leaving valuables in my own bag that I was never supposed to have out of my sight. I had to push for them to call airport police and for them to send someone to check the plane. The Cincinnati airport police refused to file a report and tried to say my items were probably stolen in Austin. After hours of going through paperwork and the complaint process, I left and was assured by Allegiant that someone from their corporate office would call the next day.

It has now been five days and I have not received a call. I have received an auto generated email from Allegiant that basically says they will probably not even reimburse me for my stolen items. I am extremely frustrated and angry with the way both Allegiant and the Cincinnati airport have handled this situation. Not only will I never use them in the future but I would strongly caution any other travelers against using them if they can avoid doing so. If Allegiant or the Cincinnati airport were to do any sort of customer service recovery, I will be sure to update accordingly. I apologize for any missing words or grammatical errors in this message. I have had to text it from my phone... as my laptop was stolen.

My husband and daughter are traveling on Allegiant on Thursday. My daughter had surgery this Monday and was advised not to travel by her doctor. We called and tried to change the name on one of the tickets and were told we were not able to do that for any reason. My husband is recovering from a heart attack. He suffer 3 weeks ago and my daughter is going to travel with him so he isn't stressed any more than necessary. When we were supposed to travel 3 weeks ago with Southwest Air had no problem refunding our money because of his heart attack. I am not even asking for that. This is terrible customer service!

Allegiant Air Company Profile