1.3/5 (71 ratings)

About Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: June 28, 2022

One flight was good 2.5 hrs no problem, the return flight was canceled the day of (just a few hrs prior) no explanation, just canceled... Tix are cheap, but if you get canceled last minute and you're having to purchase last minute tix thru another airline you'll pay EXTRA! As this airline only flies to certain places twice (2x) a week. Book at your own risk! Good luck.

Original review: June 28, 2022

My flight with Allegiant was scheduled for Saturday, May 28th out of Grand Rapids to Orlando. I returned on Sunday, June 5th via American Airlines out of Tampa Florida. My luggage was lost. I spoke with Bonnie, Grand Rapids Allegiant representative for many days. She was SOOO nice and tried to help as much as possible. By Wednesday, June 1st Bonnie let me know it was not likely we would find the suitcase at this point (5 days) and to keep all receipts for purchases made during our stay. This was devastating news. So many favorite things are just gone!

How does this happen? It was a direct flight. Actually, it happened that the Allegiant attendant put the wrong tag (that he printed) on my bag. I was notified on Thursday, June 2 that my bag had been located and would be couriered to my location in St. Pete Florida. The baggage arrived on 6-3-22. The suitcase looked like it had been run over. I am missing one purse, one shoe, and a gift that was for my wedding party on Saturday. A pair of white pants I had in the suitcase looked like the shoe prints all over them had hydraulic fluid on them. Also, my perfume was cracked and broken, clearly from the impact of my suitcase being run over, and exploded all over my bag! I can't tell you the amount of time I spent (daily) in attempts to buy clothing and personal items to get through our many meetings.

We were searching for a house and had realtor meetings for 6 days and then a Wedding! I had nothing. I had to buy another suitcase and ended up paying to check both bags on the way home! This has been a disaster and it started with the Allegiant employee incorrectly tagging my bags and now not paying to have the items reimbursed. I have sent a spreadsheet and receipts for everything bought while in Florida. I believe that Allegiant should be liable for my time, the stolen items, and the items destroyed during the time the suitcase was lost. They still have not paid any claims or reimbursement to me. It has been 5 weeks.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 26, 2022

I had my flight cancelled. When I immediately logged on to get a new flight the soonest I could get a flight was 11 days after my original flight. I spent 4 hrs on hold trying to contact the company who has "24 hr service". I tweeted and emailed them but nothing. I don't know how to book a new flight because 11 days later does not work for me and no one is responding to my requests for help.

Original review: June 16, 2022

They canceled our flights in the last minutes without any reasons. I tried to call but the phone did not even ring, I wrote email and called everywhere to see what happened but no response at all. They messed up my hotel booking, car booking and my whole trip. It was my first time booking with Allegiant and there will be no second time here, no more. It has a cheap price for some reasons, very disappointed. STAY AWAY!

Original review: June 9, 2022

We had a trip booked for our family and pre-paid for hotels and Allegiant just canceled our flight. When trying to re-book due to their website not allowing me to do so I was on hold for OVER an hour for not only to NOT be able to book a flight to the other city we needed but for them to do absolutely nothing to compensate for the huge inconvenience this has caused us. I am an Allegiant World Mastercard holder and I am seriously regretting ever signing up for it. Their customer service and willingness to help you and make things right when they mess up is HORRIBLE. Save yourself the headache.

Original review: May 28, 2022

Low cost may not be really low cost… Do you want to be charged $5 for a printed boarding pass? Don’t make the mistake of not prepaying for your bags… If you do expect the cost to double! Rent a car in conjunction? They do not include taxes at the airport. That’s an additional $75 in my case. Want to discuss it? Forget that. You can’t get ahold of anyone. There is a Google link that literally says “why doesn’t Allegiant answer the phone”.

Original review: May 26, 2022

This is not about cheap as Southwest is cheap and their service is impeccable. Unfortunately, I flew this airline as it was local and I had never been to Eugene, OR. This is a negative. I am used to suffering on air flights. People forget not only is seating horrible for tall people, we use more luggage space, for the exact same clothing the average person uses. So, we pay. No problem. But to be herald as cheap, then be rude, sweaty, steal your money, say it's in the small print but there is no small print. Ask specific questions, have the answers in writing and still not have them honored. I honestly believed I would never assigned another airline to the 7th level of Dante's hell with Spirit Airlines but....yeah...move over Spirit and welcome your sister Allegiant...smh.

Original review: May 24, 2022

Along with many others, I want to express how dissatisfied I am with Allegiant for canceling my flight. I spent over a week of my time researching and booking the flight, hotel and car rental for a vacation 6 months in advance. They canceled the flight without any reason or explanation. I will not be spending any more of my valuable time planning a trip with them so they can arbitrarily eliminate it. I guess they in with the cancel culture mentality. They aren't the only ones who can cancel. I cancel them!!

Original review: May 23, 2022

The worst experience I’ve ever had with an airline. Honestly, I’m embarrassed for Gina, the customer “support” representative. I flew an employee down for work. He got to the gate 20 minutes before the flight was supposed to take off and saw it leave the terminal. I called Allegiant to try and get a refund. After waiting for 2 1/2 hours, I spoke to Gina for less than 10 minutes explaining the situation. She said “I shouldn’t even be talking to you this long since you cannot verify the information.” I gave her ALL the information. She was just embarrassed because I called her out for being terrible at her job. It’s clear they make you wait on hold for an inconceivable amount of time then if you are patient enough to get a “support” representative they just give you the run around then hang up on you. It’s pathetic an airline like this even exists.

Original review: May 18, 2022

First of all, I value Allegiant Air very highly. I enjoy flying with the airlines and have never had any difficulty at all. On a recent flight I overpaid fees associated with my flight and was due a refund. I contacted customer service (702) 954-8699 and requested assistance. The customer service rep was very rude and condescending. She demeaned my questions and attempted to make me feel very foolish. I've worked in the human resource field for many years and I would never allow an employee such as her to work with the general public. Her behavior reflects very poorly on Allegiant Air. I made my call at 10:45 on 5/18/22.

Allegiant Air Company Information