2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.69/5

Allegiant Air Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I booked a flight from Florida to Abe airport for me and my service animal. I had all the information that I always needed but upon boarding the woman says "You can board. We have no service animals on this flight". So I showed her that she was wrong and then she said well you still don't have the write papers the airline changed the policy on what you need (just 8 days ago). You can't get on unless you buy a bag for the dog (70.00) and pay 50.00 dollars for dog under the seat! She was so nasty and stern that she made me cry and embarrassed me that the other people on the plane could not believe it. They helped me come down. I fly to Florida and back 2 times a year never ever will I fly Allegiant again! I flew down on United Air and had no problem. So for now on I will fly down United!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I booked airline tickets and a rental car through Allegiant. The night before I was to fly to Florida I fell and broke my ankle in 3 places. I spent the night in the emergency room and was operated on the following day. Spent the night in hospital after operation. My flight left at 10:45 a.m. and arrived in FL at 1:15 p.m. I was supposed to pickup my rental car (Alamo) at 1:30pm. Obviously I did not make the flight nor was I able to pickup my weeklong rental car ($300+). I called Allegiant in the morning before my flight was to take off to cancel the flights and rental car. I spoke with an unkind representative who explained she would issue a voucher for flights but I would forfeit the $300+ for the weeklong car rental because I did not notify them 24 hrs in advance...

When I broke my ankle the night before my flight at 9:00 p.m. it was already past the 24 hour deadline. Obviously I did not break my ankle intentionally! There was nothing the heartless agent could do. It wasn't like Alamo could not rent the vehicle sitting that time frame. So I lost $300+ because I broke my ankle after the 24 hr cancellation time frame. How is this right and how can a business like Allegiant and Alamo be so heartless. All I wanted was a voucher for the car not my $ back... Be afraid when booking with Allegiant as they have no heart or honor.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Beware flying Allegiant Air to the smaller airports. I had booked a two week trip with car to Florida, leaving Portsmouth, NH flying into Sanford. A week before I was to leave they canceled the return trip. No other airline flies north from Sanford FL so I had to change airports from Orlando to Boston. The costs I've incurred so far is $83.00 change drop off locations for the car, bus ticket to Portsmouth, NH $24,00, Uber to my car at Pease $TBD. Then the customer service lady was very rude and I'm being nice. They don't keep their schedule and will strand you in FL...

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Horrible customer service!!! I missed a flight due to longer wait times, and was asked to pay a $75 fee to get on the next flight. No big deal, life happens and I understand the fee. I went to make a phone call to my daughter to let her know what is going on, and was told to step to the side until I finish. Again, no big deal. Get everything together to stay another night. Go back to the counter to pay the fee and get on the next day's flight, guess what!? NO ONE WAS AT THE COUNTER!!!

My daughter calls customer service, was on hold for 1:30 hr for them to hang up on her because she raised her voice out of frustration. She was told there was no $75 fee, just the difference between the ticket prices and it would cost me $198 for a new ticket. That ticket wasn't even $198 on the website. It was $160. By the time my son in law picked me up from the airport (1hr later) there was still NO ONE at the counter to help me. My daughter ended up using a different airline (and that ticket was only $105) to purchase a ticket to get me home. And to be honest, the overall experience with United, was by far better than this disaster I dealt with.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

First of all if you have a problem and need to call Allegiant Air it is just about impossible. I did finally get through to the most caustic representative, named Stefan. He argued with me about everything. The final blow was when he told me too many spouses were taking advantage of their spouses service. Well a spouse does not get a permanent military ID card unless her husband or wife has served 20 to 30 years. As a spouse of a 30 year veteran whose husband served in Vietnam for a total of three years, Went on temporary duty for months at a time, got cancer from Agent Orange. Who do you think took care of our 4 children while he was away, took care of him from the cancer, and watched him die from Agent Orange. And I might add that he was drafted.

You think I was a worthless human being, not deserving of any credit for his service. I can see that Allegiant has no allegiance or respect for our military and its families. I asked Sir Stefan what he thought of a woman traveling alone with her small children, while her husband was in Iraq. Does she deserve nothing? Again I can see none of Allegiant has ever served this country. Allegiant Air should be ashamed and I would recommend all military not fly them. They do not deserve your hard earned money.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I am a retired combat wounded service member rated at 100% permanently disabled. I have flown with my service animal countless times, but this time my service animal was denied! I had the FAA Animal and Agriculture Form completed by my vet along with the service animal documentation from two military doctors. At check in, two hours prior to boarding, the ticketing agent denied us because we didn’t have an Allegiant form. Mind you the federal aviation form is way more in-depth and what is required by all the airlines. This was going to be my first birthday home in 12yrs, but thanks to their horrible service after providing every form requested, I was denied boarding. I would never recommend flying with allegiant if you are military or have a service animal.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

We are thrilled that Allegiant (someone) brought non-stop flights from our home to our favorite beach although, so far, they do not fly when most of us want to go to the beach, which is winter. I have, however, managed to fly on Allegiant two different trips to the beach. My first flight, I was leaning heavily on a walker for minimal walking, wearing a Tens machine and on strong pain meds 2 weeks prior to rather extensive spinal surgery.

When I boarded the plane in a wheelchair, I was met by sweetly concerned attendants who recognized there was no way for me to negotiate the walkway all the way back to my assigned seat so kindly arranged a switch for me to the front. This was a happy, friendly crew on a new plane living in the lovely beach area where I was headed. I had no luggage as I was clearly unable to handle anything beyond my purse hung on the walker. I was traveling alone and had sent my things ahead with my husband who was driving. This crew arranged for a wheelchair to help me deplane. In spite of my condition and pain, this was the most pleasant flight I had ever experienced.

When it was time to come home, the attitude of the Allegiant people in VPS was entirely different. I had flown into and out of VPS via American several times previously and thought it was a very nice, easy and accommodating airport. Not with Allegiant. Now I may not have looked like an aged, injured or helpless individual, but you cannot see a person's spinal condition nor many other conditions by sight. There, I could not get a wheelchair nor anyone to help me at any point. Naturally, I raised a lot of quizzical eyes as I struggled to use each chair back to crawl with my arms from chair to chair to reach my seat. But crew did not notice or just didn't care.

When we arrived home, it was the same story. I just waited to let everyone else off before I struggled down the aisle so that I didn't make others wait on me. I like to never made it up the flybridge to the airport. Yet as I crept along, resting between steps, numerous crew members flew around me both ways without ever a query if I was alright or needed help or even an "excuse me".

Jump forward a year after surgery and recuperation, my husband and I both made the flight, neither needing any help of any kind. I'm up and semi athletic again. We boarded with my new carry-on luggage by London Fog which is 3 inches shorter and has 3 inches less linear measurement than my old American Tourister which has been on most every major and some small carriers, and around the world several times. It still has only two wheels which indicates it's age and has been innumerable places. They are the same width. The way the pockets attach smaller than the rest of the bag makes the whole bag hold much less but once the pockets have been used, they pooch out making the bag slightly fatter.

This new bag is as I said actually holds quite a bit less and has given me no trouble on large and small flights to and from overseas as well as TO VPS. Heaven forbid, I put shoes in the shoe pocket on that trip. No-one mentioned a problem with this smaller bag until I went to board the flight home from VPS. We paid for the baggage, both checked and carryon when we bought our tickets. But the woman at the VPS counter insisted my bag go in the same box that my old larger bag fit into easily. Because shoes made the pocket pooch, she made me check the bag and pay the baggage fee AGAIN. NO I could not then move the offending shoes and NO, she would not credit the amount already paid. For the reader who might not know, the fee at the desk is much higher than the fee paid at purchase of ticket. Therefore, it is much to their advantage to charge you AGAIN and at the higher rate!!

Since then, friends have made the same trip. Lo and behold, their bags, which flew Allegiant TO VPS just fine, suddenly did not meet standards and were (over) charged AGAIN. This suggests a pattern and an intentional trap to make extra money off their patrons...holding people hostage to their baggage practices.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I arrived at airport at 8pm on Thursday for a 938pm flight. At 925pm I was told incoming flight was delayed and we were now delayed until 1015pm. No further info was given until the incoming flight arrived at 1038pm when we were told we would leave at 1115pm. At 11pm we were told flight delayed until 12am with no explanation. At 11:50pm were told flight was cancelled. A maintenance guy walked by us and told there were mechanical issues. No info about reason for cancellation was given by ticket agents. When someone complained one of the Allegiant employees said, "It's not that bad. It's just another day". Really? We have been sitting in an airport for almost 4 hours with basically no info and continuous changes in flight departure times and someone has the nerve to say that?

Our flight was rescheduled for 12noon the next day and we're told to go home as we could not stay at airport overnight. Waiting for a ride to take us home for the night we get another Allegiant text changing flight to 1pm the next day. We finally left Concord after 1pm on Friday. On return flight we were to leave on Sunday at 6pm and after arriving at airport it was delayed until 6:30 and then again until 7:45. We finally arrived back in Concord after 10pm. When I called Allegiant Customer Care and spoke with Saban, I was apologized to and then told they could do nothing about it. Not even a partial voucher for inconvenience and good faith for 3 travelers who had never flown Allegiant before and will NEVER fly again. DO NOT FLY WITH THE AIRLINE!!!!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I hate this airline. They promise nonstop for bargain prices. Cancelled our trip at Christmas, delayed my flight in March 6 hrs and canceled my return trip Sun. October 11th. AWFUL. Do not use them!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I recently booked a flight with Allegiant. I had a $50 voucher from a previous flight where they had us sit in an airport for 9 hours! I paid for the current flight with that small voucher and a lot more money. Then I decided to cancel our checked bags. I was told I would get a credit but never got it. Turns out if you use any part of a voucher to pay for a flight, they will never refund you any of the trip. So, I added an extra $60 to my flight for nothing. I don't get a refund and I don't get to check my bags. This is completely crooked. I wouldn't fly this airline again for anything. It is NOT worth it.

Allegiant Air Company Information