2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.25/5

Allegiant Air Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: July 9, 2020

I would rate them a 0 if I could. I called and waited to speak to a rep over 40 mins and never got anyone. Their message is a joke a little longer wait times than usual but someone will be with me shortly. I honestly don't think they have any live reps working. It's terrible service to have a customer waiting so long with no respond. My time is just as valuable as theirs. Frustrated.

Original review: July 3, 2020

Garbage customer service. Tried to call ahead about traveling with my service dog. No agents online for days. Called dozens of times, waited longer than 2 hours each time. Still to this day have not managed to reach any living person. Does anyone actually work there?

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2020

I am furious!! Our return flight from Orlando to Columbus was bumped forward from 1:55 pm to 1:22 pm, which caused us to miss our flight and incur $225 extra dollars to get another flight. The only notification I got was to my Yahoo e-mail, the day before the flight, which being in Florida I had no access to my e-mail so I had no idea. No text message or call came from allegiant to notify me and my family of this change! We then had to fly into an airport that was 2 1/2 hours away from our original airport, leaving us without a vehicle and having to have someone come and give us a ride. What an absolute cluster when a text or call could have prevented it all... And on top of that, getting charged $225 extra dollars!! This is not acceptable and a very poor way of doing business. We most always fly allegiant but due to the extra cost, time and horrible inconvenience, this will deter me from flying allegiant again!!!

Original review: April 14, 2020

Allegiant refuses to refund momentarily during the covid 19 crisis. They cancelled my flights to a wedding that couldn’t take place anyways. But..“Ohhhh, no worries..here are some vouchers for less money than what you paid minus some money for our troubles but we don’t do refunds.” SCAMMERS. The owner is a crook. Never again will I fly Allegiant! You better believe I won’t be recommending them to people either. NEVER. This is not the norm for businesses. I got a non refundable ticket to the Keys, the hurricane hit and it was destroyed but you know what they did? They refunded due to the the hurricane despite my choosing that ticket. THAT is how you deal with a natural disaster as a company! Even they recognized the money people would be out to no cause of their own.

Coronavirus has out me out of a job, a lot of others. This virus is killing people and you wanna give vouchers that aren’t worth diddly squat. Trips are the last things on people’s minds. Such a racket, scheme and a scam. I’m even in more dire straits than I was for the Key West trip. I had a job then. I have all receipts and correspondence. I’m beyond my threshold of patience. Plain and simple. ALLEGIANT IS TRASH.

Original review: March 26, 2020

Our family had to cancel our flight for spring break due to Covid-19. All they offer is a voucher good for one year for a total of $1763.94 for our three tickets. This virus can last for months. I don't need a voucher and I want a full refund on my credit card! I sure hope they aren't expecting a bail out from our government, because I will certainly report them and how they are cheating people out of refunds. DON'T FLY with ALLEGIANT and DON'T WASTE your time buying the TRIP FLEX, it's a JOKE and so are they!!!! YOU DON'T BELONG in BUSINESS either!

Original review: March 21, 2020

I bought a ticket to go to Asheville NC in April 2019 for a friend's 50th birthday party in August 2019. In May, I was diagnosed with Lymphoma and had to go IV therapy all summer long which caused major fatigue. I asked my doctor to write a letter to the airlines explaining why I couldn’t travel and asked for a refund on my ticket and was denied.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I have flown on Allegiant many times but the last one was a real downer. Flight was canceled the times. Most passengers waited until about 3am before we left the airport. We were given vouchers for food and drink but there was only a very limited amount of food available.

Original review: March 15, 2020

My son and myself plus our certified service dog were to fly out last year to visit relatives we hadn't seen in 25 years. We had talked with customer service that made our flight arrangements and asked for bulk head seats so we would have room for the service dog. We had all the correct paperwork showing the certifications, vet referral, etc. in a folder with us. We asked for help to be added to the reservations as I am 79 years old, my son has special needs. We were assured the assistance would be there for us. We had our service dog, 2 carry-ons, and 2 large suitcases. When we arrived by shuttle at the airport there was no assistance available. The shuttle driver found a wheelchair for me and piled the 2 carryons on my lap. I was holding the leash on the dog, plus balancing the 2 carryons on my lap and holding my large purse and folder for the dog info. My son was struggling with the 2 large suitcases.

He went to get help and found 3 assistants talking to each other and asked if he could get some help for us. One of the assistants turned around and told my son they were busy. He looked for help and then went back to the 3 assistants that were laughing and asked again for help. The same rude woman turned around and stated again they were busy. He came back to me and said, “Mom we need to hurry or we'll miss checking in.” So I tried to turn the wheels on the wheelchair, balance the carryons, hold onto the dog and my purse while my son struggled with the 2 large suitcases. I just couldn't get the chair to move fast enough so my son left the suitcases and again went to look for help.

Again he approached the 3 women/assistants that were chatting and laughing and begged them to find help for us so we wouldn't miss checking in. The rude woman again asked him if he was deaf! My son responded by saying, “Well I guess we choose the wrong airlines,” and left. He managed to get me to the long line and went back for the 2 large suitcases. It was finally our turn and my son went first so he could help me. He got his paperwork done and it was my turn. I rolled as best I could the wheelchair up to the counter and dropped my ID and without thinking I dropped the leash on the dog to try to retrieve the ID from my lap and give it to the assistant.

I yelled at my son that I had dropped the leash and he was struggling to get thru the line again to retrieve the dog leash for me. Another passenger came forward and called the dog to him and he got the leash and gave it to my son who in turn gave it to me. Next thing I knew the rude lady who didn't want to help us pushed the man who was assisting me/checking me in and said to me we couldn't fly because the dog had left my side. I told her what had happened and the people who had seen the situation told her it was okay, the dog was under control but she said the dog left my side when the other person called the dog over to him within a few steps from my chair and handed the leash to me.

My son intervened and said, “I asked you 3 times to help my Mom and me but you said you were too busy. My Mom and I had our hands full especially my Mom being in the wheelchair.” She said that was too bad but we couldn't fly because the dog wasn't in my control. We said, “We can't fly without her. I need her for my sickness. She's a medical assistance dog.” She said she didn't need to hear my medical problems and that we would be issued a refund within 2 days. People started arguing with her but then she said the dog was a pitbull and couldn't go. I told her she was a English Bulldog and I had all the proper paperwork. She shoved the folder back at me and said needed to make a phone call to her superior. She left and about 10 minutes later she came back stating her superior said that our type of service dog was consider in the pitbull category and we couldn't fly with her now or ever again on Allegiant Airlines.

My son took the suitcases and set them by a row of chairs and came back for me and the dog. The other people in line were giving the rude woman a piece of their mind and she retorted, Do you want to fly or not,” to them. The man who helped retrieve the leash just fell over himself apologizing and I told him it wasn't his fault, that my son had had a previous run in with her and she was just being mean. I called the shuttle to take us home and we were told it would be a 3 hour wait as they were booked solid until after 6pm. I called my son at work and told him what happened. We waited for almost an hour before we saw him drive by.

While we were waiting another elderly lady left crying. When my son asked her if she was ok she told him that she wasn't allowed to fly with her cat. We went home and never did get another flight out that we could afford on what I make. I had gotten special pricing for our flights if I got a Allegiant Credit Card. I've used the card for a "Inogen" portable oxygen concentrator that I needed badly so I wouldn't be home bound. As soon as I get that card paid off I'm putting it thru the shredder and we will never use Allegiant Airlines again.

P.S. I found out who the CEO of Allegiant was and send a email to him describing the situation we encountered. His secretary called and emailed me and said saw the email and would check the situation out. I told her to check the cameras and she would see what had happened from the time we entered the airline building right up until we left. She could see everything and compare it to my email statements. She called a few days later and said she was sorry but she couldn't be of help. We were refunded in full.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I purchased the ticket for my daughter to Tennessee and back. This airline has too many breakdowns therefore a long wait for another flight to the same destination or either there was no flight and had to make the 3 hour drive round trip to and and from the airport from our city yet again to come back another day. Needless to say we never used Allegiant Air again. Was supposed to get a free flight for the trouble but when my daughter tried to use it they conveniently had no record of it.

Resolution response: March 20, 2020

As a follow up to my previous complaint about Allegiant Air's customer service failings during the corona virus period. The airline has since established a refund policy that gives those cancelling their flights a credit voucher for full fare value to be used within one (1) year of booking. They also sent a detailed apology to me explaining their failure to immediately respond was due to overwhelming volume of calls and requests. They included a missed flight as a retroactive compensation. I am very pleased with the fix and understand that the unique circumstances presented to everyone, including businesses, has put us all in new founded territory. Their admission and willingness to fix what they could has restored my faith in their customer relations. I now would feel good about flying again in the future. Hope this helps others.

Original review: March 13, 2020

I have five (5) flights booked with Allegiant Airlines between March 17 and April 19, 2000. I have been trying numerous time since March 10th to make contact with Customer Service due to the corona-virus issues and subsequent cancellations being made at the University of Pittsburgh as well as health concerns regarding current airline travel. I have attempted phone calls, live chat connections and emails. I received an automated response to the email on March 11th that they received it but there has been no further contact as of the 17th. There are two telephone lines for customer service, one hangs up immediately upon answering. The second gives a prompt from my cell service provider that the number is no longer in service. The live chat states that no agents are currently available. As a result I cannot determine their policy for reservations during this crisis and it appears the company is consciously ignoring their customers.

I have had previous experience with them and they have always been helpful in assisting to mitigate issues but this experience suggests a low handed approach that will definitely effect any future planning using their services. I strongly suggest everyone avoid booking with them until they resolve these blatant terrible practices they are using to face this agreeably difficult situation. There is NO excuse to avoid dealing with customers who have paid you for service.

Allegiant Air Company Information