2.97/5

202 Allegiant Air Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 20, 2019

Other than a few delayed flights I have been using them for a decade and find them good for short flights and quite economical. But last week I was returning from Sarasota to Asheville and there was a smell in the cabin like a poorly made deodorizer. One hour into the flight, the cabin FILLED with this smell as if it had been pumped through the air and I began to have an immediate bad reaction...eyes running, nose running, dry throat, sneezing and then coughing. A good third of the cabin was coughing. The distress never went away and I ended up at the doctors within a few days with a bad bloody cough and a rattle in my chest. I hear they are using pyrethrins for insect spray. Customer Service never go back to me. I would hate for this to happen again.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I see some bad reviews on here, maybe we got lucky. We used Allegiant to travel back and forth from Albany, NY to Sanford Orlando airport and it was fine. You can't beat the price, as we booked it kind of close to the date of our trip. Not sure it would be comfortable on a long trip, but I have traveled major airlines and their seats might recline and have a little more room, but they are basically cloth with no cushioning left in them (United especially). I think I would use Allegiant again for a short trip and hope not to have an experience like some of the ones I have read about! Our flight both ways were on time and the staff on board were personable.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I've flown Allegiant about four times now and have had mostly pleasant experiences each time. They keep the flights cheap by adding on fees that you are not required to pay. One paid bag in the hold between my husband and I and two free backpacks (that MUST fit under the seat in front of you) and we are just fine. Allegiant is very open about these fees and that they are pricier if you buy them at the airport. This is an airline where you pay for your experience. Don't pay $52 for a seat and then expect plush seats, a free carry-on in the overhead, and free drink service. Each of those things cost additional money and as long as the plane is in good working order, I'm happy to pay for only the experience I deem necessary.

My four-star rating (instead of five) comes specifically from a technical issue twenty-four hours before our latest flight in which the app stated the flight was canceled. It was an unfortunate technical issue and took a few calls to confirm that our flight was not canceled. I would really like to not have that panic hours before so I suggest working out the issues with the site and app but my plane took off and that is all I cared about in order to make my cruise. People also had issues with their boarding passes at the gate despite having had them printed at the desk. Again, technical issues that need to be resolved but our friends who had this issue got on the flight in the end and we arrived almost ten minutes early so I'm not too concerned. Planning on flying in the future to keep costs down! The front staff maybe isn't the nicest but that's retail and I don't honestly care. Get me to where I'm going, assist in fixing my issues, and we'll be fine.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Allegiant airlines is about the best you are going to get for the money. I am very pleased with their military and veterans program which allows for free baggage, priority boarding, and ticket counter printing services. No other airlines compare. Do prepare for delays at times, which is really no different than other airlines, but we were told to arrive two hours before our flight out of Nashville but when we got there there was no one at the ticket counter and the line of people waiting went out the door and down the sidewalk! But once someone showed up to start checking people in, the process went quickly and smoothly. Planes took off and landed on time every time we've flown. Definitely recommend Allegiant airlines, especially now since they do fly in to many major cities. Hopefully they'll get closer to Chicago in the near future!

Original review: July 26, 2018

I have a bad fear of flying. My trip with Allegiant Air changed that! First off I have to mention the price, you couldn't beat it! Second I loved the fact I could fly out from the airport near me. Now for the flight, the plane was nice, cool air, nice attendants, drinks and snacks (for a price) on all trips, the lights were dim and taking off and landing was perfect! I experienced little to no turbulence, I felt safe, the whole process was quick and easy. Because of Allegiant, I will be planning other trips now that I'm not so terrified to fly anymore. I will not fly with anyone else but them! Highly recommend. I traveled with my child and puppy! Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: June 24, 2019

I had the worst trip of my life which was due to the incredible lack of care I received from Allegiant. I arrived to the airport not having done online check in. I've never had to check in on other airlines out of my tiny airport in Pasco Washington so I didn't check in this time. When I arrived just under an hour early a lady at the gate would not let me check in even though she was standing right there. She said check in was closed and told me to go to TSA. She didn't tell me to try and check in online. She just sent me running. I came back and she was gone there was no representative to help me, forcing me to miss my plane. I was told by another airline to try and download the app. I did and online check in was closed. When she returned after my flight took off she refused to help me until she checked in the next flight.

All the Allegiant people I spoke with were non-sympathetic and not professional. I have been told by everyone I've spoke with that there is nothing Allegiant will do for me. Therefore I intend to leave horrible reviews on many sites online and my social media. I had to pay for my missed flight, and buy a next day ticket on a different airline all because of Allegiant. I've never seen a company with such a poor customer care policy. I do a ton of traveling, as does my family and I will never fly Allegiant again and will encourage all my followers and friends to do the same.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I went to Allegiant to reserve a flight and car rental to Florida and I thought everything was paid for within my reservation. When I got to Sanford International Airport to pick up my car they add a 30% tax on top of the rental price and I asked about the tax and I was told it's a tax the state of Florida adds to all car rental. RIP OFF!!! Get your hands out my pocket!!!

Original review: June 16, 2019

Yes, Allegiant is a bare bones airlines, however, they clearly don't care about their customers!!!! We were in Las vegas, returning to Bellingham, WA. We found a planeload of Memphis passengers at our gate... They were now delayed by 3 hours (had refreshments and food vouchers)... Told that the plane needed service/broken air conditioning?? Allegiant Air decided to send the Memphis passengers out on OUR aircraft (they had been delayed by 4 hours when they left on our plane) and make us wait for the Memphis plane to be 'fixed'. Well - it didn't get fixed!!!

Las Vegas is the Allegiant Airlines HUB, yet there wasn't another available plane. Eventually another plane came in from the east coast - we were able to get out after a 3 hour delay. That's 200 passengers waiting in LV with only one announcement, NO food vouchers, as well as the 200 passengers in Bellingham that were returning to LV with that same plane (arriving at 2am). Allegiant made a decision to inconvenience 400 additional passengers, with little information, NO FOOD, NO NOTHING. POOR SERVICE ALL AROUND - ALLEGIANT DOESN'T CARE!!!!

Original review: June 4, 2019

I purchased this trip for my nephew and 2 nieces because they have had a rough year and needed some sibling bonding time. I booked the trip on Allegiant Airline - who I have booked thru before without issue. I specifically chose Westgate Resort and Spa in Orlando along with the airline tickets because on the site it clearly stated that it had shuttle service. Since the 3 of them are from Iowa and never really driven in larger cities like Orlando I thought this would be the best choice. So I chose this package for them. But once they arrived in Orlando they were told the shuttle would only bring them to attractions around the area and not to the hotel from the airport. At any hotel I have ever stayed at in the past shuttle service included from the airport - usually only airport to hotel. I had to get them a Uber to the hotel which then cost a additional $40 both ways.

When I called Westgate to ask about this and see if they could be compensated with maybe resort credit while they were staying - I was rudely brushed aside and told that on Westgate's official website they say they shuttle to attractions and they are not responsible for what Allegiant says. I then called Allegiant's customer service line and was told they only advertise what the hotel itself tells them to put - so they would do nothing to compensate. They said they would have their wholesale division see if anything needed to be changed.

Shortly after I received a voicemail saying - Nope not their fault and they wouldn't compensate for the rides. I wasn't asking them for the full amount of the rides or a free stay. I was asking them to understand that their website was misleading and had I known the hotel did not actually provide a shuttle from the airport I would have NEVER chosen Westgate for the package deal. My husband and I travel on a very regular basis for work and leisure and I am positive that Allegiant & Westgate Resorts & Spas have seen the last of our business.

Original review: June 2, 2019

The flight was delayed, which caused us to miss our next flight. We called customer service to see what can be done. The end result was they treated us horribly and made us feel like it was our fault. I will never use their airline again and strongly suggest travelers to avoid Allegiant Airlines.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Allegiant overcharged us for our bags. Tried to resolve but could not get through to customer service. 60+ minutes on hold before giving up. Will not be flying Allegiant again. Too many other choices who care about their customers.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Allegiant air is rude and late. Nearly every flight I've ever flown with them is delayed. And they don't let you know until the time the plane was scheduled to board passes. Don't try to make reservations or show tickets, because Allegiant is by far the most unreliable airline I've ever given the opportunity to earn my business. Traveler beware of Allegiant airlines.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I needed this flight to go to my sister's wedding the next day. It was originally supposed to leave around 9:50am but they didn’t leave around 3pm. I waited hours. Then I saw the manager was treating a passenger badly while we were waiting outside the gate. I went up to the manager and told her she shouldn’t be talking to the passenger that way because she was making it worse. The manager told me if I’m not happy I can just leave the airport. I said I can’t because the TSA is gone. It was a small airport. So if I left I wouldn’t be allowed to come back in. I didn’t even raise my voice.

The manager then said me and two other lady are banned from getting on the flight. Then the manager went and got the police. They asked for statements, said they talked to the manager, and it was up to the manager if we were allowed on the flight. Then I had to book another flight with another airline last minute and Allegiant stole my money. I wasn’t causing harm to anyone I just spoke up for another passenger and got kicked from the flight. She is a terrible manager.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Flight attendants were extremely biased with older couple's allergy complaint over my small, hypoallergenic dog. I agreed to keep her in her crate but wife wasn't satisfied and spoke loudly to husband during flight swearing about my dog and me and called for attendant several times. Attendant asked repeatedly if I would move from 2A to the back of the plane. I said no. I am sitting quietly and just want to go home. Woman moved from isle to middle after husband went to bathroom and "tented" herself away from me and my dog to make a statement and scene. Attendants did nothing about behavior or the fact that I couldn't use restroom or their services. Embarrassing and humiliating.

Original review: May 21, 2019

While in flight 52 from Las Vegas to Oakland with my son, I attempted to purchase items using my gift card. The flight attendant Leslie, had told me she couldn’t accept the card?, it had to have my name on it. I thought that was odd being that I have used these in the past and my friend had used hers on the same plane with another flight attendant. We didn’t discover this until we got off of the plane because we were in different seats. My friend also had an issue with this same flight attendant telling her no regarding a purchase. It sounds like this flight attendant should be retrained or fired. It’s not ok to just make up your own rules, discriminating against people.

Original review: May 21, 2019

May 18th, flight 52 from Las Vegas to Oakland, CA. I ordered snacks and a wine beverage. Plane was not in descent yet, there was about 45 mins left so I asked flight attendant, name Leslie, if I could purchase another wine. She just brushed me off saying, "We only serve one consumption, it’s a short flight." I knew she was either not wanting to do her job or could’ve had a problem with my skin being brown perhaps?

I thought about it, pressed the flight attendant button about 15mins later and he came over. I told her that I didn’t want her, I wanted somebody else. I explained to them what had been told to me. The attendant said that if it had been 30 mins left in the flight she would’ve sold me another and she doesn’t know why the previous attendant Leslie did not service me. I told her that I read the the policy/fine print inside of the book on the airplane and no where did it say what Leslie had told me. I don’t like to be told anything and treated u fairly. I don’t play games about simple things, customer service or policies. Don’t just tell me anything and make up your on policy for the day because you feel like abusing your “authority”. I will be submitting more complaints regarding this matter.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I can't imagine how my luggage could be lost on a direct flight yet Allegiant managed to put it on the wrong flight. Then instead of expediting the return of my luggage they just paid standard rates which would have sent my luggage to my vacation destination 2 days after my departure. I had to spend extra money to have the luggage delivered to my home. I spent 1 full day of my vacation shopping for items needed for my entire trip. If you call Allegiant's customer service number you can count on a 30 minute wait time to speak with someone, maybe because they have several complaints about their service.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I missed a flight. Notified person at kiosk. Told to wait until a different flight boarded. Told agent that I missed my flight. She took my boarding pass & did something on computer. Gave me back same boarding pass for next flight, waited 90 min, boarded the plane, was removed from the plane & told I was not in the computer & would have to pay a fee. Was not allowed to pay fee for this flight (flight was not full & plane was still on the ground). Had to pay a fee & had to wait 7 hrs for next flight.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Though app was giving information regarding delay a 6 hr delay on take off not given but 2 hr notice. On the first delay then two hours later was given a 2nd delay. Should be required to comp water soda. Service was ok. Used Allegiant several times prior without issue.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I will never ever again spend one penny with Allegiant Air again! I was checked and thru security sitting at the right gate the whole time! They did not once call my name or my daughter's name at another gate! The manager told us we were at the appropriate gate and to wait for our loading zone to get up to the gate and they tell us we are at the wrong gate and the gate we were at was leaving. So we missed the plane!!! I now have to pay for a shuttle to Indianapolis Indiana to catch a flight there. After all said and done I will never ever fly with this airline again! Manager was very rude when we spoke with her! The lady Bert who helped us find another flight was great but the rest of the people we dealt with have horrible customer service! Not impressed whatsoever.

Original review: May 10, 2019

We fly back and forth, at least, once a month. Yes we’ve had a “few” delays here and there, but, not that often. We can’t complain whatsoever. Majority of the time they are early or on time. I fly with my 2 lb and 3 lb pocket poodles who fit in 1 carrier. They don’t make a peep and majority don’t even know they are on the plane. All stewards have been very polite.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Be ready for schedule changes and they don't care about you. Changing schedules should not be allowed. There should be a law against this. They do not care that they sell you a flight based on certain times and then they change the times to meet their own agenda.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I am a fairly regular customer with this airline and am done flying with Allegiant. Spent an hour and a half waiting to speak with an agent to ask why I am always assigned a seat in the back of the plane. Agent answer is you must choose your seats when booking or you will be assigned in the back of the plane (very rudely by the way) - I mean we are always assigned rows 22 or higher, usually 26 or 27. Plane only goes to row 30.

On a couple of occasions I paid the extra fee to change seats before printing my boarding pass - I have anxiety and sitting in the back of the plane triggers my anxiety. So I believe once you pay a higher fee to change to preferred seating the computer assigns you seats that will force you to pay to move to a preferred section of the plane. The fee to move seats is from 12 to 20 dollars a seat. The customer service agent tried to tell me that there were no other seat choices while I could see many other unassigned seats when I printed my boarding pass 24 hours before flight time. Ugh, time to choose another carrier. I even asked if I purchased the Allegiant credit card would that prevent me sitting in the back of the plane and NO one could assure me of this benefit. Will be flying another airline - Done with this money grabbing airline.

Original review: April 23, 2019

We've had terrible experiences with Allegiant Air and will never fly with them again. It's a cheap airline and travelers do get what they pay for, which is a lot of inconvenience. We've flown 4 round trips with Allegiant and all eight legs of our journeys were marred by delays and cancellations. Allegiant always has ready-made, convenient "reasons" for the delays and cancellations but it boils down to the fact that they don't fly any plane that isn't booked to full capacity. If there are any empty seats on your flight, chances are your plane is going to be delayed or cancelled altogether. I can't believe it took me four round trips to come to the realization that this is their pattern.

In June 2016 they delayed our flight 4 times over the course of 8 hours and then cancelled the flight just prior to boarding because the crew had "timed out" of their work hours for the 24 hour period. Yes, the crew "timed out" because they kept delaying our flight for unknown reasons! We've lost entire days of our vacation and hotel costs because of Allegiant. Also, their customer service is horrible. I've waited over two hours on hold (speakerphone) before I finally gave up. They don't answer their phones or respond to online inquiries or emails. NEVER AGAIN. I will pay MORE to get to my destination on time. Buyer beware!

Original review: April 23, 2019

Don't waste your time traveling to be an FA. You could use a flight or your gas to do something else. Beware. When I applied they also barely hired any ** women I noticed and the recruiters act like they were not once in your shoes before.

Original review: April 11, 2019

The flight attendant demanded my elderly mother clean the floor. Was flying with my 85 year old father and 4 year old girl too. The flight attendant repeatedly harassed my family. My daughter dropped 1-2 chips, and there was a mess from the front that went back on the floor. I got off the plane immediately when it landed. I did not want any trouble from this lady. She was looking for a fight. Typically I wait till everyone is off the plane to assist my family. I wanted no part of a confrontation. How insulting and demeaning. Other passengers were very uncomfortable with her hostility towards my family. Just came back from Disney. What a stain on the trip. I did not get her name. She covered it with her hair when I got off the flight. She gave my mother an evil look and my daughter was traumatized by her behavior. I’ve never experienced this in my life flying for over 30 years. Disgusting behavior.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Today me and my family (husband, son 1.5 and daughter 3.5) had the worst experience with Allegiant Air, it started at around half an hour after take off, the fasten your seat sign was still on but people started to go to the restroom. That’s when when my daughter 3.5 years old told me she want to pee. As I was holding my 1.5 years old son sleeping I told my husband to take her to the restroom. He was the 3rd person in line. That’s when one of the cabin crew told him he can’t use the restroom because the seatbelt sign is still on, he told her that my daughter is just 3. She can’t hold it plus she already let two adults before him to use the restroom already.

She raised her voice telling him he has to go back to his seat which he did and my daughter came crying because she can’t hold it and really needs to pee. That’s when I gave my husband my sleeping son and I took her back to the restroom telling the flight attendant that, "She really can’t hold it and you can not expect a 3.5 years old to hold it." She’s kept telling me, "It’s for your safety and we can let her do."

I told her, "She really needs to go and I will take her on my responsibility but I can’t let her pee her pants and the chair. It’s going to be a mess," she started talking with a weird attitude and she actually shouted saying “it’s not ok” and when I went in the restroom she actually slammed the door real hard that it was about to hit my daughter in her head because she already frightened the cabin crew raising their voice and she just put her head on my shoulder trying to hide and she just slammed the door and when I came out to tell her, "How could you slam the door like that. It’s was about to hit daughter in the head." She said “I didn’t slam the door.” mean are you kidding me? My husband who’s sitting in row 25 heard the door slammed. What kind of attitude is that?

You're suppose to be professional and this is supposed to be a high end job but instead they were using their hands and body language like we’re in a street fight. What’s with the attitude? How could you not have any human a common sense that we are talking about a child here that has no ability of controlling her body. I mean what do you expect from a 3 year old to do in a situation like that. Should I have told her to pee in her seat or on the floor?

What kind of people would raise their voice and use this attitude in front of a kid who were by the way frightened and shaking in the restroom because she thought she did something wrong. I used to work as a cabin crew member for 5 years and I’ve been flying my whole life. I have never and I mean never seen this kind of flight crew so rude and senseless. This was our first and will be our last flight on Allegiant. We really expected better but unfortunately we had the worst experience ever.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I had a simple question about checking a box (not luggage) and the size limitation and such. I finally found a customer service number online as it is not listed anywhere on their website. I get through all the teleprompts to finally ask my one-off question and proceed to wait 20 minutes for a live operator. I finally gave up and tried speaking to someone via the Live Chat on their site. After another 20 minute wait in the queue I finally get to chat with a representative. This is very poor customer service times!!! Hire more people into your call center. Sometimes you just need to speak to someone and the website FAQ doesn't suffice.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I flew Allegiant a few years back as it was the cheapest flight to Honolulu from LAX. Someone who had never had a bad experience flying before, I didn't think anything of booking the airliner. They had us wait in the HON airport for over 8 hours. Finally after the plane arriving. They boarded us. Everyone's finally settled in and happy to get back home. It's 10p at this point. Next, we start to see stewards and pilots running up and down the aisles. Not looking happy or confident. They were straight up worried on their faces. No one else really seemed to be noticing, but I was because I knew they were about to cancel the flight.

Lo and behold. They did just that. Kicked everyone off the plane and canceled the flight without any plans for what these 200 people were going to do as they don't have another plane. And they may not have another plane until Tuesday (btw; it's Sunday). No hotel accommodations for us, no planes, no plans. Nothing. Just be on your merry way and figure it out later. Needless to say, the crowd started getting rowdy but what you would expect rowdy. The inexperienced, no customer service check in people they have behind the microphone only proceeded to make it worse. Saying rude things, and having to get security involved because she simply had no idea how to handle the situation.

I decided to leave and not sit around for them to waste any more of my time. Booked a flight on the spot with Hawaiian airlines that was taking off in 40 minutes. Don't ask me how I made that flight happen. But I will say, Hawaiian airlines was very accommodating and helped make it happen. I ended up paying triple for my flight home on Hawaiian but I wasn't stuck in HON fighting Allegiant till Tuesday (missing work) or fighting them to pay for all my accommodations for the last two days.

Which onto that next, Allegiant's customer service was well aware of this HON flight issue. What did they offer me? To reimburse my return flight (which was basically nothing in comparison to how much I paid to actually get home) and $100 vouchers for my husband and I to fly Allegiant again. Mind you, they fly to basically no desired locations throughout the entire US. So what? I'm suppose to make a special trip to go to Idaho because you gave me $100. Then when you finally have an opportunity to go to one of the ridiculous destinations. They tell you, you only had one year to use their stupid voucher. Such BS! Avoid this airliner at ALL costs. They are simply the worst.

Original review: March 27, 2019

On 2/15/2019, I booked a round trip from Fl. To Pa. (3/22 to 3/26). On 2/18 I learned I had to be in Pa. immediately so I booked another flight on 2/20 through Allegiant. Because I simply forgot to notify them of the trip on 3/22 (because I was already in Pa.) they took it upon themselves to cancel the return trip on 3/26. They never notified me that they canceled my return flight. I personally consider this greed, negligence and fraud on their part. I will never use Allegiant for my trips again.

Allegiant Air Company Information