2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.37/5

Allegiant Air Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

First of all if you have a problem and need to call Allegiant Air it is just about impossible. I did finally get through to the most caustic representative, named Stefan. He argued with me about everything. The final blow was when he told me too many spouses were taking advantage of their spouses service. Well a spouse does not get a permanent military ID card unless her husband or wife has served 20 to 30 years. As a spouse of a 30 year veteran whose husband served in Vietnam for a total of three years, Went on temporary duty for months at a time, got cancer from Agent Orange. Who do you think took care of our 4 children while he was away, took care of him from the cancer, and watched him die from Agent Orange. And I might add that he was drafted.

You think I was a worthless human being, not deserving of any credit for his service. I can see that Allegiant has no allegiance or respect for our military and its families. I asked Sir Stefan what he thought of a woman traveling alone with her small children, while her husband was in Iraq. Does she deserve nothing? Again I can see none of Allegiant has ever served this country. Allegiant Air should be ashamed and I would recommend all military not fly them. They do not deserve your hard earned money.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I am a retired combat wounded service member rated at 100% permanently disabled. I have flown with my service animal countless times, but this time my service animal was denied! I had the FAA Animal and Agriculture Form completed by my vet along with the service animal documentation from two military doctors. At check in, two hours prior to boarding, the ticketing agent denied us because we didn’t have an Allegiant form. Mind you the federal aviation form is way more in-depth and what is required by all the airlines. This was going to be my first birthday home in 12yrs, but thanks to their horrible service after providing every form requested, I was denied boarding. I would never recommend flying with allegiant if you are military or have a service animal.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

We are thrilled that Allegiant (someone) brought non-stop flights from our home to our favorite beach although, so far, they do not fly when most of us want to go to the beach, which is winter. I have, however, managed to fly on Allegiant two different trips to the beach. My first flight, I was leaning heavily on a walker for minimal walking, wearing a Tens machine and on strong pain meds 2 weeks prior to rather extensive spinal surgery.

When I boarded the plane in a wheelchair, I was met by sweetly concerned attendants who recognized there was no way for me to negotiate the walkway all the way back to my assigned seat so kindly arranged a switch for me to the front. This was a happy, friendly crew on a new plane living in the lovely beach area where I was headed. I had no luggage as I was clearly unable to handle anything beyond my purse hung on the walker. I was traveling alone and had sent my things ahead with my husband who was driving. This crew arranged for a wheelchair to help me deplane. In spite of my condition and pain, this was the most pleasant flight I had ever experienced.

When it was time to come home, the attitude of the Allegiant people in VPS was entirely different. I had flown into and out of VPS via American several times previously and thought it was a very nice, easy and accommodating airport. Not with Allegiant. Now I may not have looked like an aged, injured or helpless individual, but you cannot see a person's spinal condition nor many other conditions by sight. There, I could not get a wheelchair nor anyone to help me at any point. Naturally, I raised a lot of quizzical eyes as I struggled to use each chair back to crawl with my arms from chair to chair to reach my seat. But crew did not notice or just didn't care.

When we arrived home, it was the same story. I just waited to let everyone else off before I struggled down the aisle so that I didn't make others wait on me. I like to never made it up the flybridge to the airport. Yet as I crept along, resting between steps, numerous crew members flew around me both ways without ever a query if I was alright or needed help or even an "excuse me".

Jump forward a year after surgery and recuperation, my husband and I both made the flight, neither needing any help of any kind. I'm up and semi athletic again. We boarded with my new carry-on luggage by London Fog which is 3 inches shorter and has 3 inches less linear measurement than my old American Tourister which has been on most every major and some small carriers, and around the world several times. It still has only two wheels which indicates it's age and has been innumerable places. They are the same width. The way the pockets attach smaller than the rest of the bag makes the whole bag hold much less but once the pockets have been used, they pooch out making the bag slightly fatter.

This new bag is as I said actually holds quite a bit less and has given me no trouble on large and small flights to and from overseas as well as TO VPS. Heaven forbid, I put shoes in the shoe pocket on that trip. No-one mentioned a problem with this smaller bag until I went to board the flight home from VPS. We paid for the baggage, both checked and carryon when we bought our tickets. But the woman at the VPS counter insisted my bag go in the same box that my old larger bag fit into easily. Because shoes made the pocket pooch, she made me check the bag and pay the baggage fee AGAIN. NO I could not then move the offending shoes and NO, she would not credit the amount already paid. For the reader who might not know, the fee at the desk is much higher than the fee paid at purchase of ticket. Therefore, it is much to their advantage to charge you AGAIN and at the higher rate!!

Since then, friends have made the same trip. Lo and behold, their bags, which flew Allegiant TO VPS just fine, suddenly did not meet standards and were (over) charged AGAIN. This suggests a pattern and an intentional trap to make extra money off their patrons...holding people hostage to their baggage practices.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I arrived at airport at 8pm on Thursday for a 938pm flight. At 925pm I was told incoming flight was delayed and we were now delayed until 1015pm. No further info was given until the incoming flight arrived at 1038pm when we were told we would leave at 1115pm. At 11pm we were told flight delayed until 12am with no explanation. At 11:50pm were told flight was cancelled. A maintenance guy walked by us and told there were mechanical issues. No info about reason for cancellation was given by ticket agents. When someone complained one of the Allegiant employees said, "It's not that bad. It's just another day". Really? We have been sitting in an airport for almost 4 hours with basically no info and continuous changes in flight departure times and someone has the nerve to say that?

Our flight was rescheduled for 12noon the next day and we're told to go home as we could not stay at airport overnight. Waiting for a ride to take us home for the night we get another Allegiant text changing flight to 1pm the next day. We finally left Concord after 1pm on Friday. On return flight we were to leave on Sunday at 6pm and after arriving at airport it was delayed until 6:30 and then again until 7:45. We finally arrived back in Concord after 10pm. When I called Allegiant Customer Care and spoke with Saban, I was apologized to and then told they could do nothing about it. Not even a partial voucher for inconvenience and good faith for 3 travelers who had never flown Allegiant before and will NEVER fly again. DO NOT FLY WITH THE AIRLINE!!!!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I hate this airline. They promise nonstop for bargain prices. Cancelled our trip at Christmas, delayed my flight in March 6 hrs and canceled my return trip Sun. October 11th. AWFUL. Do not use them!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I recently booked a flight with Allegiant. I had a $50 voucher from a previous flight where they had us sit in an airport for 9 hours! I paid for the current flight with that small voucher and a lot more money. Then I decided to cancel our checked bags. I was told I would get a credit but never got it. Turns out if you use any part of a voucher to pay for a flight, they will never refund you any of the trip. So, I added an extra $60 to my flight for nothing. I don't get a refund and I don't get to check my bags. This is completely crooked. I wouldn't fly this airline again for anything. It is NOT worth it.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

Am a dialysis patient who has traveled with Allegiant many times since moving to Florida several years ago. My last flight was so troubling. I fly with a dialysis machine (a life sustaining medical device) that weighs approximately 90 pounds. I always call the airline and prepare them for this situation, but upon flying home from LCK I was charged a fee of $75.00 for the transport of my medical device. I not only have a problem with that but the "agent" who was to assist me was very out of line. When I tried to explain to her that a medical device should not be charged, she only disputed loudly that it was "overweight and inappropriately packed". Mind you this was not only a trip back from my destination Allegiant took me to but the first time I have ever been demanded to pay for transport my medical equipment. It is carried in the box it was delivered to me in and has handles.

All information about the machine is on the outside and it is the only way I can safely travel with it. As we disagreed, she became louder and more disrespectful. I asked her name and she said "Adina". I asked to please spell that and if I could have her employee number and she replied she could not spell it and no I could not have any associate number. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she stated she was the highest supervisor available. I could not believe this was how her staff was watching her "work". I have never been more embarrassed, humiliated and disrespected in my life. My mom, who was traveling with me, asked her to calm down and lower her voice, Adina’s' response was "well she started it so I can talk to her however I want." She was NOT going to let me on my flight without the fee.

Never ever have I been charged a fee and made to feel like such a burden as a consumer. There was a crowd of employees and other travelers looking on leaving me to feel like she was divulging my health information, (HIPPA) I try to be so vigilant in traveling because I know this is not an everyday situation, but to be treated the way I was was very uncalled for. I did come home and contact the FAA about the situation. as of today, no reply.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

I got to the front desk to check in my bags to receive my military discount an hour and a half before my flight. No one ever came to the counter. Me and 8 other people all missed the flight because of needed to check a bag. Sat on the customer service line for over a hour trying to get assistance. Once a representative came to the line he then proceeded to tell me per his records he show I am the only person that missed the flight. I then asked him to repeat his self for the other people standing here who also missed boarding the same flight. Then and only then did a manager come to the phone and tell me the best she can do is book me for the next flight which is 3 days away AT THE PRICE OF $75. So not only did they cause me to miss my flight but also charged me for another one. The staff was so unprofessional and didn’t care. Everyone had to purchase new flights. I will never book this airline again.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I have been in customer service for over a decade. I have gone to work after loss, heartbreak, exhaustion, the list goes on and I have never felt that it was acceptable in any way to treat customers the way I was repeatedly treated by Allegiant. I don't believe in "the customer is always right," but I do believe that when you are representing your place of work that that should be handled with absolute professionalism. Both Sondra and Teresa, at the Mesa Gateway Airport, were less than willing to even hear out what I was there for before stating "they didn't handle that" or "our office is closed." I've gained valuable insight into their companies work culture and unfortunately it reeks of hostility and that if they can get away with not helping, then they won't help. So disappointed in the lack of humanity behind allegiant after this!

My mother flew from Provo to Mesa, where we discovered that her bag did not make it and that there was no one on duty in the airport to help with the matter. After walking to the ticketing counter, which is accessed from a separate entrance, we were told VERY rudely by the allegiant agents that they "can't help us"... That's it.

Several phone calls, emails, forms, and online chat later someone called the following day where we had arranged for her bag to be placed behind the ticketing counter where I could pick it up between 1-6pm. I arrive only to be told by the lady at the counter that she knew nothing about the missing bag that was suppose to be there. I explain the situation to the manager, Teresa, who says she doesn't know anything about a bag and that that is not something they handle. I explain that that is not the information we were told and they should have the bag specifically behind the "ticketing counter" because the baggage office was closed. She said it's "unlikely" and that I need to wait a few minutes while she dealt with something else.

I wait patiently for her to come back and then all she asks is for my "contact information," to which I responded "my contact information for what?" She proceeded to tell me she would take it down and get back to me later. I told her that in no way was I leaving until she did some further investigation into the fact that the bag should be there, since I had driven all the way to the airport based on what we were told. Teresa told me that she didn't deserve to be spoken to like this and that she was done. I called my mother to see if we could straighten this out when Teresa asked me to step aside rudely so she could help someone else, to which I responded that I wouldn't since I was waiting to talk to someone who could help. She told me she would be happy to call security to escort me out, to which I asked her name and she refused to give it to me.

I tried yet again to explain where my frustration was stemming from, to which she condescendingly told me now that I was speaking more reasonably she would help me, where I wasn't being any different than before. She then informed that she actually had received a call from BCO that they would be running a bag over for them to hold onto until someone arrived, but no one had. Why someone would either purposefully go out of their way to give poor customer service or not comprehend that I was that person here to pick up the bag is BEYOND me.

Sondra at the BCO office was just as rude when I drove over there to pick up the bag that apparently she was suppose to have dropped off hours earlier but was "too busy," only to tell me they were closed and I could wait as she slowly walked to the restroom with no further explanation. When she finally returned she also acted like she wasn't sure what I was talking about, even though she was the exact person my mother had talked to twice, before going into the office and getting the bag in question. I'll happily pay more to fly with an airline who cares.

Original review: July 11, 2020

They charged my card for flight that I told them twice I did not need. I already had a flight through someone else. They completely ripped me off and I've been trying to get a hold of someone for 3 hours. Do yourself a favor. Use someone else.

Allegiant Air Company Information