2.98/5
Based on 1,193 ratings submitted in the last year

Spirit Air Reviews

Spirit Airlines is dedicated to bringing the lowest total price to every place we fly – on average much lower than other airlines. We offer our customers our Bare Fare®

pricing, allowing them to pay only for the options they want – things like bags, seat assignments and refreshments. With our Fit Fleet™, one of the youngest fleets of any major U.S. airline, we operate more than 460 daily flights to 65 destinations in the U.S., Latin America, and the Caribbean.

View More View More

2379 Spirit Air Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I'm writing this review while waiting for my flight from Vegas to Oakland. This is my connecting flight to Oakland from Austin. There have been 3 delays already and moments ago I get another email regarding the 4th delay. From the original departure of 10.00PM, now they have decided to fly at 12.33AM. I'm worried and won't be surprised if more delays occur. When I talk to their staff, the lady staff casually dismisses this as a technical issue. This company disregards their customers and doesn't value their time. It's so frustrating to sit at the airport and getting messed within due to the time difference factor. This is my last flight with Spirit. Will never ever consider this pathetic piece of ** airline again.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I was trying to save some money flying to my country, however the moment at the counter I had to pay over $300 dollars for my luggage plus pay for water and chips inside the aircraft, which I think is the worse. No TV, no WiFi. I'm not recommend Spirit Airlines.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

We arrived to the DFW airport on July 31, 2019 to board our flight to JFK at about 6 am in the morning. Most of the self service kiosks were not working and customers were many and I asked my family member to stay on the line while I get our Boarding passes and checked in luggage tags we paid for printed out. The staff at the line will not allow them to go any further until all the tags are out, and the Kiosk will not print all the tags. Instead 9 was printed as opposed to 12 paid for. I was there at the kiosk waiting to have all the print out.

Then another staff on the kiosk stated I should leave the kiosk and I explained I was still waiting on getting the remaining print outs, she insisted on my leaving the kiosk. I said, "But this is not fair that we are not allow to proceed in line without the tags and tags are not printing and you want me to get out of the kiosk and there other kiosk here," the staff said, "But they are not working." And I replied, "Then fix them." And she got mad with the choice of word, "You fix them." Truly whose responsibility was it to fix them, the passengers?

At this time she called on another male staff to come and get me out of the place. I left the place and she blocked my way as I was leaving and I said, "You just want altercation." I avoided the staff and left. The male staff that was called earlier reluctantly came to the female Spirit Air staff when I already left the area. Later on this male staff now came to me to ask what had happened and I explained. At this time the male staff started blaming me for being on the kiosk longer than normal. I then ignored the situation in an effort to have hassle free travel, since I have senior and minor with me.

Now as this male staff went to the luggage checking counter we became the talk of the day. As we approached the counter this was where we now saw the things Spirit Airline staff were made of: bias, rude, uncooperative, unprofessional and I took time to record this part, as I could not explain it any better but have it on record. I had reached out to the head office on this via email and at this time I have not received a word from them. I want to allow them the opportunity to watch the video first before, I share the video. Because, I understand the damaging effect of this video if the corporate office fail to reach to me for discussion on this issue.

Original review: July 31, 2019

On a stopover in Orlando the flight was delayed 5 hours. When the plane arrived at the gate the people debarked, the pilots and 200 people were waiting to board and the board said CANCELLED!! The girls disappeared at the counter and no explanation. Everyone had to go to the other side of airport to reschedule. I could not get a new flight to finish my trip until one week later!! I returned to NY. DISGRACEFUL, UNPROFESSIONAL, **. NEVER AGAIN....lost a lot of money because of Spirit.

Original review: July 29, 2019

We purchased multiple tickets from Spirit Airlines with insurance. We had to cancel a ticket. We couldn't get a refund after paying for the insurance. We have called multiple times and the wait times were 40 minutes at least. When we flew the ticket was resold. Never got our refund. Will never use spirit again. Not customer friendly and does not return calls.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spirit Air?

Original review: July 26, 2019

The customer care representative ran multiple unauthorized transactions on my card. When I tried to follow up, they said that I agreed to their non refundable policy. After hours of conversation, they said they said that there is nothing that they could do since they are tied down by their policy. To be honest this is experience shows Spirit's lack of integrity and their ascription to unethical practices. It is very unfortunate that the escalation of the issue to the supervisor made the matter worse than even when I was dealing with the customer care representatives. This is unacceptable, why has legal action not been taken against this airline? I am very concerned about the integrity of this airline on so many levels.

Original review: July 23, 2019

If there is a negative 0 star review, Spirit airlines will be it. Spirit has no regard for people’s time. It will be my first and last business with this airline. I only wanted to have a nice summer vacation for my school-aged children. A vacation we looked forward all year, and was ruined because they delayed our flight. Do not believe it’s advertised “cheap” cost. You will end up paying more as Spirit charge for everything.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I booked a flight, paid, then it was canceled by them as we were driving to the airport (at 9:30pm). Super annoying but it happens, what followed next was just disgraceful. They offered to book me on a new flight to DEN in a WEEK, and offered to send my friend from Chicago (ORD) to ATL (in a week), then said they would try to find her a flight back to DEN after that... I work, and budgeted for a weekend trip, not a week long PTO excursion. I explained I need to get to work, and how would I afford a hotel for a week?! Food? They said (unfortunately) their policy is no additional compensation meaning no consideration for the additional cost of: missed work, hotels, food, taxis, TIME, etc... so unacceptable. There were mothers with crying babies, and they didn’t even offer so much as a water.

We tried to see if we could think outside the box with a solution- we pay for a rental and drive through the night to a closer city to fly us out of, no. They split the cost on another airline with us, no. They split the hotel rooms for the week we are staying there, no. There was no help to be offered, other than be homeless in Chicago for a week and then they would fly us home.

We looked at alternatives like driving through the night, taking the train for a 16hour ride home, etc. They canceled the flight then left us stranded us with no viable option that we could afford so we ended up taking a personal loan from a friend to get home for $740. New costs included: a new red-eye flight on Southwest - $440 (to sit in the back of the plane between two large males); hotel for the night (at 2:30am) - $200; food - $25; taxi to new airport (MDW) - $75. I lost way more than I have ever saved with them and they made no effort to help alleviate the cost they caused. Completely unacceptable service.

Original review: July 21, 2019

WORST. Don't do it. It's not "Cheaper" after "additional" bags, this airline sucks. The seats don't recline, even if you buy the most expensive seat in 1A. No plug in chargers, not even a glass of water. They just delayed my flight for 6 HOURS, the reason it is delayed is due to these cheap refurbished aircraft always breaking down. The most ghetto, garbage airline, F-Quality. Embarrassed I even used them.

Original review: July 20, 2019

We used Spirit to fly my son, a 13 year old minor. The ticket was not cheap, even with no bags at all. On his return, Spirit refused to hand him over, even with ID, code and name provided at check in. He waited 45 minutes. My husband had to argue with desk rep for 45 minutes. My son stood at the gate worrying he'd been forgotten or left for 45 minutes. Truly traumatic for him, and disgusting for us. I feel ripped off and really, really angry about this terrible service.

Spirit Air Company Information