4.8/5 (164 ratings)

About SellMyTimeshareNow

SellMyTimeshareNow (SMTN) is an online marketplace that connects timeshare buyers, sellers and renters on a worldwide platform. The SMTN website has over 10,000 unique visitors daily, and the advanced search features make it easy to find opportunities whether you’re selling your timeshare or looking to buy or rent property.

Pros

• Sell or rent your timeshare
  • Find a timeshare to rent
  • Helps you reach a wider market

Cons

• Reviews mention complex contracts

Bottom Line

SellMyTimeshareNow is an active online marketplace that connects timeshare owners with people looking to buy or rent timeshare properties. The customer care team walks sellers through every step of the sale.

SellMyTimeshareNow Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

We had a very positive experience with Sell My Timeshare Now (SMTN). The process of listing our timeshare was easy and the individuals who helped us through the process were professional, courteous and efficient. The actual sale took quite a while, but they continued to alert us with potential offers and were very courteous as we navigated the system which included accepting an offer and the minor complications of title transfer etc.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

We have been trying to sell our timeshare literally for years! We had invested in other companies to sell our timeshare with and heard nothing. Sell my Timeshare did it for us! And we were very pleased. Thank you!

Diane Y.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I had a very positive experience using SMTN to sell our timeshare. I was a bit unsure at first but the staff was great at every step along the way. It helped us sell our timeshare that we were no longer using. The process definitely took some time so you need to be patient but in the end our timeshare sold.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

Process was easy and convenient. Ben was great. Took a while for final sale paperwork to be processed on the other end. Everything promised was done. Already had a chance to enjoy our purchase. Feel like we got a good deal.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I submitted a complaint/ issue TO BBB and YESTERDAY I got an email saying to call customer care. After being on hold for 4 minutes and getting transferred, I got disconnected and rapidly received an email saying "It was a pleasure speaking with you today. As we discussed, I have given you secure access to review your personalized paperwork..." I have never spoken to ** | Executive Consultant in my life. I do not know why the lies continue, and I was sent paperwork. I was never aware that I had the option to not pay before agreeing to the contract. I had to pay UP FRONT $4,600 PLUS $596 OF TITLE AND FEES and no contract paperwork was issued until now, I was also never aware of the 10 day period to cancel the contract.

I was told my timeshares were on demand and would sell in no time, I was pushed to pay because I explained to ** I did not have enough funds available, and she insisted it was a once in a lifetime deal, I then had to pay with 2 different credit cards and then an e signature. I was not aware of all the terms and cancellations, Until yesterday when submitting the report to bbb. That's when all of the sudden I get an email stating I spoke to them when I have never spoken to that person in my life. I called customer care and got hung up on it, now I am calling again and I keep getting hung up on it.

I want a refund back since I was lurge with lies and false promises, first not telling me I had the right to cancel, being told the timeshares were in demand and I needed to act fast, to being told my timeshares were basically trash and no one will ever buy them, and I was wasting my time keeping it listed on their website, to trying to pressure me in order to get a refund is to pay $7,000 to ** from Premier Travel pass, and that's supposedly including the refund from SMTN. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM AND FULL OF LIES, I was spoken to and or with an email, when I have not spoken to them since I kept getting hung up on and not getting answered.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

They were very professional and stayed on top of the transaction with updates all along the process. I would definitely use them again as they were very thorough in explaining every step of the process and made it easy and pleasant.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

We purchased our second HICV timeshare using SMTN in 2021. We were very hesitant at first, but our SMTN rep - Thomas ** - helped guide us through the process. As our children got older and are beginning to have families of their own, we knew that we would need another unit and SMTN came through for us. Overall, the process took about 7 months for us...so I recommend a bit of patience. I will never buy a timeshare directly from the property again! Highly recommend SMTN to anyone interested in owning a timeshare.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

I reached out to SMTN and spoke with someone that recommended I list a sales price of ~$24K as "reasonable". I paid $1800 upfront that included all expenses. The stock photos of this Hawaiian timeshare were unimpressive and they would not accept better pics that I offered. After more than a yr with nibbles but no bites, I steadily dropped the price to $3K to be competitive and sold it (the process took ~ 3 mos). I ended up netting $1200. At least I don't have to pay condo fees again. Less than impressed.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

The sale of our June week at the Aruba Renaissance Ocean Resorts was handled in a timely manner. We would recommend SMTM.com to anyone that wants to sell their timeshare. They always kept us informed as to how everything was being processed.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

It was a pleasure to deal with a reputable company to sell our timeshare. They told us the exact amount of the sale that we would get at the closing and they were correct. It was extremely easy to deal with this company throughout the process, extremely professional and helpful along the way. Special thanks to ** who walked us through the process and was very informative.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

This encounter was a first for me. All of the individuals who communicated with me were totally professional. On two occasions I made a mistake and the staff were gracious and incredibly helpful. It doesn't get any better than that.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

We have friends who have been going to 4 Seasons for years. We decided we wanted to enjoy the area also. Our purchase was done long Distance, and we can not tell you how easy and detailed everything was. From the time we started talking to the Agent right down to the actual closing, everything was fully explained and we had assistance 24/7 whenever we had a question. A very professional group of people willing to help.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

We purchased our first timeshare 3 years ago using SMTN and have been very pleased. We recently bought another timeshare with SMTN and once again have been very happy. We feel the prices are very good, customer service and communication are excellent. We’ve been recommending them to friends and family.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

Working with SellMyTimeshareNow and Timeshare Services has been a seamless experience. We made to separate purchases and both went across timely and without any issues. We will definitely work with them again if the opportunity arises again.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

They did what they said they would do. Responsive to questions regarding listing your timeshare. Price drives everything, so don't rely on SMTN optimism. If honest with assessing value and listing at that price, will get interest. Easy to change price of listing as time goes on.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I heard from one of the sharks on Shark Tank that this was a real business that DID help people share their timeshares. She was right. However... Anyone selling their timeshare needs to have realistic goals and be committed to selling. SMTN suggested I start out listing at a 2 thousand dollars to see what response I got. Note that I paid $15K (in 1994) for the thing, so for some sellers, that might be a tough pill to swallow. I already knew that I was not going to get back NEARLY what I paid for it and I was determined to sell it and get out from the ever-increasing yearly dues.

In the end, it sold for $100 and it took more than a year to complete that sale. BUT, IT DID GET DONE. Other than the fact that it took a long time (not the fault of SMTN) and that I ended up paying more to sell it than it was worth (again, IMO, not the fault of SMTN - timeshares are fun when you purchase them, but terrible investments in the long run), it was a relatively painless process.

Everyone I worked with at SMTN was professional and helpful. Note that I listed my TS in Sept of 2020 at the height of COVID when vacations were being postponed by many many people. Not a great time to be selling. A buyer was found in mid-2021 and the sale was completed at the end of 2021 (the TS sale process is slow, in general as I was told, but required little attention from me other than attending to the associated paperwork). I would definitely recommend SMTN to anyone committed to getting out of their timeshare. They will simplify the process for you and be patient with you for what could be a sales process that takes 1-2 years.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I had our timeshare on Marco Island listed for sale and when the offer was made, the process was very simple and straightforward. If I had a question regarding the sale and/or paperwork it was answered promptly and clearly. The staff at SMTN couldn't have been more helpful and efficient. I am grateful for the entire procedure and would highly recommend SMTN.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

My wife and I purchased 200k Wyndham points from the SMTN.com website at a huge discount as compared to the primary market. The escrow company contacted me with personnel whose credentials are verifiable through the State of Florida real estate licensure website which raised confidence that the whole process was legitimate. Process took about 4 to 5 months until I was able to register as a Club Wyndham member. I will not hesitate again to use the website in any future timeshare purchase and recommend to anyone thinking about purchasing a timeshare package.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

I had a great experience with Sell My Timeshare. From beginning to end I was kept informed about my transaction. I am glad I made the decision to use them. I would highly recommend them to either buy or sell a timeshare.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

Professional and courteous service. I definitely would recommend others about this company. My transactions went very smoothly and quick. They were able to answer all of my questions on time. Best thing is I was able buy time share at very reasonable price.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I was contacted by Sell My Time Share Now out of the blue with a solid offer in hand. That was a very pleasant surprise. They walked me through the process in no time and followed through with everything they said they would. They were responsive to my inquiries and I felt informed the whole time. I was pleased with their work.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Steven ** was very professional and a pleasure to work with. He made sure to answer all my question promptly and was knowledgeable and time share resales. It was a pleasure to work with him and his company. My sale went through without a hitch and he followed up on my closing for me. I would recommend him and his company highly.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

We sold our timeshare in Cabo San Lucas through this site. Very pleased with it being sold. The representative went above and beyond to help us considering the distance with the co owner, the unit and the company. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

This was my first experience with SMTN. I was pleasantly impressed with the professionalism and the promptness of their response to my issues. They kept me informed throughout the entire sale process.. I would recommend them to anyone needing to sell their Timeshare.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

Selling the Grand Vacation initially was extremely difficult to start the process of how and what documents need to be filled besides notarized since none was electronically automated. After it was processed the selling team was fantastic at helping me get it sold but corrected if wasn’t done right. They followed up via email but also was available to call in the business hours.Buying the package for a large amount and having to pay to sell, and sell it for only double what you have to pay for taxes was not the best thing to find out since it’s added bills to the over all bill. This team of sellers though help walked me through the whole process so the customer service ended up being great.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

We stayed in a three bedroom, three bathroom timeshare at the Marriott Surf Club. The accommodations were beyond what we had expected. The staff was pleasant and everyone respected the mask requirements. We would recommend this property to anyone staying and we would return to this property again.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

The sales and closing team at SellMyTimeShareNow is very attentive and communicates effectively. I would have given the team 5 stars if it weren't for the management team that stalled our transaction and made the process a lot more complicated than it had to be.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Dan helped me come up with an average price because I had no idea what mine was worth. However I wish there were more “check-ins” with me during the months before the sale. I ended up giving up my timeshare without any profit. I guess I was under the impression they would help me “sale” my timeshare not end up giving it away. I had a goal and it was not met.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

They listed my timeshare, notified me every time there was any inquiries and the result of that inquiry, and kept me in the loop during the selling process when it did sale. I knew going in that I had to be patient. It took a while but not FOREVER. Very professional.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

My husband and I opted to sell our timeshare. Because of all the horror stories I've heard, I was a bit apprehensive to list it through a Timeshare Closing Company. We made the best decision when we used Timeshare Closing Services. They were professional and very customer friendly. Everything went smoothly. No issues at all! I would highly recommend anyone attempting to sell their timeshare to use this company. All questions were answered and administered as promised. Our sales representative Owen was so helpful.

SellMyTimeshareNow Company Information