4.7/5 (204 ratings)

About SellMyTimeshareNow

SellMyTimeshareNow (SMTN) is an online marketplace that connects timeshare buyers, sellers and renters on a worldwide platform. The SMTN website has over 10,000 unique visitors daily, and the advanced search features make it easy to find opportunities whether you’re selling your timeshare or looking to buy or rent property.

Pros

• Sell or rent your timeshare
  • Find a timeshare to rent
  • Helps you reach a wider market

Cons

• Reviews mention complex contracts

Bottom Line

SellMyTimeshareNow is an active online marketplace that connects timeshare owners with people looking to buy or rent timeshare properties. The customer care team walks sellers through every step of the sale.

SellMyTimeshareNow Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?

Original review: July 21, 2022

I purchased a timeshare through this broker and was overall satisfied with the process. I was surprised that it took 148 days to close on the transaction but they told me that this was customary for this type of transaction. My only critique is when I was originally presented the offer we agreed upon the price however the paperwork showed a purchase price of $1000 more than our verbal agreement. The paperwork was corrected a day later but the purchase price is a very important aspect of any real estate transaction. For them to have a clerical error on such an important issue is a bit sloppy.

The closing company we worked with was fantastic and responsive. I was a little hesitant to buy a timeshare third-party but if the right opportunity comes up again I would buy another. I have already recommended on my timeshare now to family and friends as I am happy with the outcome. I saved over 50% compared to buying directly from Marriott.

Original review: July 20, 2022

I have tried a number of times to get out of my timeshare and finally these guys were able to sell it for me. With that said this is not a money making endeavor so if you think you are going to walk away with extra dollars get that out of your head, but if you want to stop using it and not pay for it this can be a great option. They were helpful and professional. You should check in every now and then. Also it does take a while.

Original review: July 19, 2022

Sellmytimeshare process and staff were top notch. The realtor agent ** was very informative and answered all my questions quickly and accurately. It was a smooth transaction and I am very happy with my new timeshare! I have actually used this same company several times because of their professionalism and my confidence in their work.

Original review: July 15, 2022

I was very satisfied with the experience of purchasing my timeshare at Port O Call on Hilton Head Island. The reps were very helpful and responsive to requests and delivered on what I wanted. I haven’t spent a vacation in my unit yet, but the experience was painless and hassle-free. Thank for the timely service.

Original review: June 30, 2022

I listed my timeshare through SMTN and this relationship to sell my timeshare with the company took place over a three-year period. I had the privilege of working with their staff on several occasions that eventually led to the sale. The staff were very responsive to keep me informed of inquiries from potential buyers and to help process their questions. They also offered strategies, such as a reasonable sale price and ways to enhance interest in my listing. They were responsive to incorporating my suggested additions and changes to the listing, which occurred on several occasions. This interaction with the staff steadily improved the quality of the listing, which over the past year generated increased interest and inquiries.

When a buyer came forward with an offer a single designated staff member handled it very effectively. He facilitated the discussion of several questions from the buyer, normally addressing them within a 24 hour period. After I accepted the offer and addressed the questions the actual sale and transfer was smoothly handed over to the brokerage branch/company SMTN uses, Timeshare Closing Services. All of the forms and various closing requirements were completed surprisingly quickly, over the period of about two months. The instructions were clear and easy to follow, and the staff at Timeshare Closing kept me informed of what to expect and quickly addressed my questions. I was certainly impressed by the efficiency of both of these organizations and the ease of working with them. Thanks to all the staff that brought success to this effort.

Original review: June 29, 2022

My wife and I have purchased three time shares at at Playa Grande in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico through Sell My Timeshare Now. Every transaction went smoothly with no issues and their communication throughout the process was just excellent! SMTN is the first place we look when we are in the market to purchase on the secondary market. This is a good solid company to do business with based on our experiences with them.

Original review: June 20, 2022

** was my agent and he was very helpful. He did not over exaggerate, he kept it realistic and helped me get it sold fast. Sell My Timeshare Now did a pretty good job considering it is "Timeshare resale". They helped list and market my Vacation Village Parkway timeshare, over six months I had four separate offers. The final one stuck and the closing was pretty easy. True, the offers were not for loads of money but I was realistic and listed it for what I thought it would actually sell for. I am now officially Maintenance Fee/Tax Bill free. My experience was great; I had an accepted offer in six months and closed out in ten months from the start. If you are looking to buy I would also say this is a great place to pick up cheap second-hand timeshare, campground and RV memberships.

Original review: June 14, 2022

Just would like to say that ** went above and beyond our expectations! ** was able to help us with making a reservation by contacting the previous owner and reserving our dates so they would still be available when it was finally transferred into our name and an account was established.

Original review: June 13, 2022

I went to sellmytimesharenow.com likely from some other google search when I was in the market for a second timeshare. I saw there were quite a few offered at my desired location, so I entered my information to make an offer. I got a call from **, the next business day and he submitted the offer. Within a few days we were in escrow! This was August 2021. ** explained the process (slow) and costs very well. We ended up closing 11/19/2021, but I didn’t get any proof of this until paperwork got to me, over a month later. By then we were “in” my “even” year and I knew I owed some membership money and wanted to make my reservations. It took until Feb 11, 2022 for me to manage all of that. While I was the deeded “owner” it took Marriott a while to “recognize” me as such! Other than the time it took (which I had been warned about), I’m very happy and everything was smooth. Owen was very responsive, whenever I asked him anything!

Original review: June 11, 2022

We had a great experience with SMTN. They found a buyer and completely handled all the details of the sale, leaving nothing to chance. The sale actually closed earlier than we anticipated. I can highly recommend SMTN to anyone wishing to sell their timeshare.

Original review: June 11, 2022

Although it took a while to get an acceptable offer, once the offer was accepted, everything went quickly and efficiently. We were very happy with the service. All questions were answered promptly and satisfactorily. Once the sale was finalised, the closing was quick and we received the funds within a reasonable amount of time.

Original review: June 9, 2022

I would like to thank ** and his entire team for selling our timeshare. We thought the purchase of our timeshare was going to be a good thing for our family but it turned into a nightmare. ** and his team sold our timeshare and our nightmare is over. We appreciate their help in getting it sold.

Original review: June 9, 2022

We are so pleased with SMTN. The transaction was easy and very quick. It was a true pleasure to work with the entire group. We will never sit through another timeshare presentation again. But will make sure to see what SMTN has available first!

Original review: June 7, 2022

Updated on 7/7/2022: Another month has passed making this a total of 2 years and 3 months trying to sell this timeshare. They took my $1600 and did nothing they claimed to do. I have called the past three days trying to get a hold of the one good agent they have working for them. After leaving several voicemails I have received no call back and still no resolution. There needs to be multiple follow ups with customers because this does feel like a total scam. I should not have to keep going in circles with a company I paid services for.

Original review: I have been working with this company trying to sell my timeshare for over two years. I updated the details monthly to make my advertisement more noticeable per frequent emails and calls and still nothing happened. The company blamed the pandemic, but now they have completely ignored me and that is why I am writing this review. I do not understand all the positive reviews for them because I certainly did not receive such services. From my understanding, they appeal to your needs and are super willing to help initially, but once they have your money...they do NOT help! I do not recommend their services and I will update if anything changes.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for reaching out, Hunter. We're disappointed to hear you've had a negative experience using our service so far and will have someone reach out to you soon to help address your concerns.

Original review: June 6, 2022

Selling my timeshare using SellMyTimeshareNow was a good decision, maybe the best option of all the bad options available. It's not free, so I expected more than just using their platform. The more work you put in, the better the process. At the end, it worked out and they were able to reach a buyer who purchased my timeshare. It took over a year for a high end and Platinum Week unit to sell. Within that duration, all they wanted was for me to lower the price.

Original review: June 4, 2022

This was my first timeshare purchase on the secondary market & after a less than satisfactory experience with a different company I was reluctant to try SMTN. My reluctance was unfounded as my experience with SMTN was exceptional! From start to finish the realtor I worked with was honest, prompt to answer any questions & was available for inquiries after the sale. Would highly recommend SMTN!

Original review: May 24, 2022

WE left a message and an email to be help us sort out our portfolio and these were both answered on the same day. So were very happy with the response... and once the problem was solved, I got an updated email making sure everything was completed...

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for giving us your feedback, Jeanette! At SellMyTimeshareNow it is our priority to ensure that your expectations have been met. We understand that issues can arise at times and that’s why we make sure to keep you updated and informed until all is resolved. Thank you for your trust and for choosing SellMyTimeshareNow to complete your transaction!

Original review: May 24, 2022

I do not recommend this website to sell your Thousand Trails membership. They are very clearly organized for real, brick and mortar timeshares and likely they will be good for selling those. Most of these reviews list traditional timeshare experiences. For Thousand Trails memberships, however, the ads are simply not designed to give you the best chance to sell. They have almost nothing relevant to Thousand Trails and even make understanding a TT membership more confusing.

Worse than this, their sales descriptions are very poorly written. They aren't providing potential consumers any of the details to make a good decision on a TT membership. Once I realized this, I attempted repeatedly to get this company to change my description to have the pertinent details people are looking for when browsing. I wanted things listed such as how far in advance you are able to book, how long you can stay at each place, and the perks we have such as free cabin rentals each year.

They asked for a copy of my contract to be able to list these details. I immediately sent over the contract to prove that I did indeed have that type of membership. Every email I sent after was then ignored. Almost two years later and my listing still says the same, bland, non-detailed things they put in there originally.

What I find really irritating is that we regularly get these messages for "Congratulations! A buyer is interested. We'll contact you if it turns out to be legit"... and shortly after "We're sorry, this was not a legitimate inquiry. But inquiries are the first step to sales!" We've even had brokers contact us to say "I have an interested party. Is it still for sale?" And when we respond, they never get back to us again. It seems like they have an automated algorithm to ensure you are getting these messages on a regular basis so it looks like they're doing something. After three long years of paying on this membership, there has never been one legitimate inquiry.

I have started to ask for my money back since I feel as I was lied to about their ability to sell Thousand Trails memberships. It is clearly not designed to give you the best chance to sell it and they refuse to give you the power to create a good listing the way other online listings for sales would. These requests are also being completely ignored.

Original review: May 24, 2022

Even though my ad with SMTN was quite old, they actively attempted to sell it. When it did sell, the process (which was a bit complicated since it was a Hyatt property) was EXTREMELY simple on my end. When the check got lost in the mail, Ben ** made sure it was replaces within a week.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for your feedback, Delores! Your patience was much appreciated throughout the process. Even though your sale had some complexities, we are glad to hear that the overall process was simple on your end, and we thank you for your positive approach to selling. Congratulations on the sale of your Hyatt Coconut Plantation and thank you for your trust!

Original review: May 24, 2022

It’s like having the world in my hands. So much travel included!! The most affordable deal and great customer service. The answer to my bucket list. SMTS made my process quick, and easy. This is my first timeshare and attempt at owning my vacations. Thanks for helping me take my vacations back.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for your feedback, Leah! It is wonderful to hear that you are thrilled about your new Wyndham Nashville timeshare ownership. At SellMyTimeshareNow, we take pride in providing a straightforward, customer service-oriented process. Your happiness is our priority, and we hope that you enjoy many future vacations to come. Congratulations and thank you for your trust!

Original review: May 18, 2022

We were very pleased to do business with SMTN. Very good service with the agent broker. Fast to answer our questions, always responding to our e-mail the same day. All the paperwork as been clear to understand. Thank you for your professionalism.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Congratulations on your Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villas timeshare purchase, Nicole! It was our pleasure to assist you and we are so glad that you had a positive experience using SellMyTimeshareNow. Thank you for your trust in SellMyTimeshareNow - we hope that you enjoy many great vacations filled with incredible memories utilizing your new ownership!

Original review: May 15, 2022

Updated on 07/02/2022: Just reduced price for the 4th time - still nothing. If we had to do it all over again, we would not have listed with SMTN.

Updated on 06/15/2022: One month later and still NOTHING (with the exception SMTN now suggesting we may wish to consider renting our unit???). We are starting to regret our decision to list with SMTN. Next update in a month or so.

Original Review: We listed approximately 3 1/2 months ago at price SMTN Senior Consultant agreed was reasonable (to be fair, he also told us it wouldn't be unreasonable for it to take 5 - 6 months to sell our week/unit). We reduced price 2 months after listing and just reduced again this morning. NOT ONE inquiry/offer so far and we are wondering if we made the right decision listing with SMTN. I'll be providing monthly updates going forward in case anyone wants to follow along.

Original review: May 15, 2022

Don't pay anything out of your pocket to lawyers that promise they will get you out of a contract. SellMyTimeShare got rid of mine in a few months with nothing out of my pocket and money back after the sale. Easy to work with and professional. They took care of all the paperwork and got rid of my darned maintenance fees forever!

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive feedback, Jeff! We strive for the best quality of customer service in order to ensure that we offer an effortless experience to our clients.  Thank you for trusting SellMyTimeshareNow and congratulations on your Port O’ Call timeshare sale!

Original review: May 13, 2022

Purchased a WorldMark timeshares from TimeShare Broker Services. Was a very easy process. We would highly recommend them to anyone looking to purchase a timeshare. They had wonderful communication with us throughout the process. From the first time we contacted them until the final steps of purchase, we were well informed as to the process. We are very Happy with our purchase.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for your recommendation, Peggy! We are pleased to hear that you had a positive experience with us every step of the way.  WorldMark by Wyndham has a wide variety of resorts to choose from and we hope that you enjoy making memories that will last a lifetime with your new ownership. Congratulations!

Original review: May 13, 2022

I could not be more pleased with my purchasing experience with Sell My Timeshare Now. They were professional and very responsive and made the whole experience a positive one... Ben listened to and answered all of my questions and concerns. I felt totally comfortable with the entire process. I highly recommend Sell My Timeshare Now.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for leaving your positive feedback, James!  We are so glad to hear that your experience met your expectations and that SellMyTimeshareNow made the overall process a positive one. We were happy to assist you and want to congratulate on your Islander Beach Resort timeshare purchase!

Original review: May 13, 2022

We bought a free-standing unit that sleeps 8 with 3 levels week 52 Christmas and New Year's week. We’re so excited to be spending the holidays in beautiful Pagosa Springs CO. Even better when we’re not able to go one year we can rent our prime-time unit through Wyndham. It’s a Win-Win situation for everyone. Thank you SMTN.com for making it a smooth and effortless buying experience!

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive feedback, Bill! We are so happy to hear that you are excited about using your new Wyndham Pagosa timeshare ownership to make amazing memories over the holidays, congratulations!  It was our pleasure to assist you and thank you for choosing SellMyTimeshareNow.

Original review: May 13, 2022

We listed our timeshare in St Maarten with Sellmytimesharenow a few months ago. We received several inquiries and a couple of low offers which we declined. Another offer came in which was fair and ** of SMTN guided us through the process with regular follow up advice. Once the financial contract negotiations started ** took over and her customer service was excellent. Always a quick response and thorough follow through on all aspects with a smile. I was very happy with sellmytimesharenow services and would recommend them to anyone selling a timeshare.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your positive feedback, Lisa! At SellMyTimeshareNow, we always strive to put customer service first, and your endorsement shows that we have achieved just that! It was our pleasure to assist you throughout the entire process and we want to congratulate you on selling your Atrium Beach Resort and Spa ownership!

Original review: May 11, 2022

Had a great experience dealing with ** and the rest of the team. Whenever I had questions they were quick to get back to me and helped me navigate the experience. Can’t wait to use my new timeshare! I would definitely recommend this company.

Original review: May 10, 2022

I have completed two transactions with SMTN and both experiences were excellent. I made purchases of 2,500 Marriott Vacation Club points and 2,000 MVC points. Both transactions were executed professionally and courteously. I would buy again from this team and recommend their services to you.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Buyer: If you aren't pressed on time, go this route. We started our buying experience in December and ended in April. The process took longer than we expected, however we were able to purchase for thousands less than it would have cost to go through Worldmark. They handled all of the paperwork exchange. I could reach out through email or the main line and there was never a wait to get questions answered about updates. The customer service team was excellent and I've reserved my vacations for the year.

SellMyTimeshareNow Company Information