1.23/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Get matched with a great travel agency now
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

MakeMyTrip.com

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 11, 2017

324 MakeMyTrip.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

A gyst on just concluded 'THAILAND TOUR'... There were frequent meetings, discussions, arguments, preparations, etc. which was the scenario when we decided to undertake the "EUROPEAN DREAM TOUR" of six nations, as we had no knowledge of how the Tour Operators "MAKEMYTRIP" people will handle it. After successful implementation of that Tour, our members all sisters, brothers and in-laws of over a quarter century strong were impatient and started lobbying for another budget tour and that was the time when SN BAGHYA ** proposed this tour and Madhuri of MakeMyTrip accepted and Miss **, the new tour manager implemented it. The present tour "The Tour of Thailand" was readily accepted by our members as professionalism and brand equity of MakeMyTrip was well established.

The new Tour Manager, Miss **, a Thai national and a charming lady was no less professional to Mr. ** who conducted the business with Style, while Nadia did it with Smile. Details of Tour. Day 1. The tour started with a visit to a Sriracha Zoo where we were amazed to watch stunning acts of Tiger, Crocodile, and elephants. The daring acts of performers who even inserts his head into crocodile mouth and comes back unscathed. And after the show went to Sunshine Hotel Pattaya. In the evening went for a show ALCAZAR in Pattaya City which has all the allure and razzamatazz of a Las Vegas nightclub. Dazzling performance by artists in glittering evening gowns thrill nightly audiences, as well-groomed ladies mime and dance against a backdrop of surround sound and computerized lighting.The unique feature of Alcazar's entertainment, that sets it aside from Las Vegas, is that all the girls are boys.

Day 2. The next day as per plan everybody got up early and went to 'Coral Islands', where people participated in paradiving, sea walking and other motorsports. Then returned to Hotel and had lunch at a nearby Indian restaurant Veda. Then went to Tiger Park to have snaps with tigers where some of our daring members had Photo Session with live Tigers. Then started to Pattaya Floating Market which is divided into four regions representing North, Northeast, Central and South regions of Thailand where produce of each regions is sold. These shops are built in Thai wooden houses distributed along the canal.

Day 3. The next day got up early checked out of hotel and started towards Bangkok around 100 kms from Pattaya. Safari World is a tourist attraction and consists of two parks named Marine Park and Safari Park operated by Safari World. The Marine Park consists of Dolphin Show, Hollywood Cowboy Stunts, Orangutan Boxing. Of which we could visit Dolphin show only as there were heavy rains. The Safari Park is about 8 km long and takes about 45 minutes and one can spot tigers, zebras, giraffes and varieties of birds and animals. Complimentary lunch was available and after finishing went to Gem Museum on the way to Bangkok where some of us purchased small jewelry studded with gems. Bangkok is a very big city with full of skyscrapers and in the evening traffic we could cover a distance of 15 km to hotel in 3 hours. Went to hotel took rest and had dinner in an Indian restaurant Bavarchi.

Day 4. After getting up a little leisurely checked out and went to visit Temple of Golden Buddha at Wat Traimit, Yaowarat Road at Chinatown which houses the massive Gold Seated Buddha, 16 ft tall and weighing around 5.5 tons of Gold, made by 'Sukhoi Dynasty' during 13th century and is believed to have been cast in India part by part and assembled in Thailand. The structure was housed in a renovated temple by King Rama 1 in 1801 and present venue in 1954. Then we went to visit Indra Market a big marketplace located at Ratchaprarop Road Thanon Phaya Thai, where items of Thai origin from clothes to handicrafts are available and our members bought any and everything till their wallet are emptied, then had lunch and went to Swarnabhoomi Airport Bangkok for our journey back home.

After successful tour of Thailand we still dream the scenic beauty of Thailand, its people, its heritage, its link with Hinduism, its names linking to Hindu Gods Rama, Vishnu, and of course our own Buddha and particularly " THE SAMUDRA MANTHAN" a vast structure located right in the middle of the airport terminal. Overall we have to take such expeditions to rediscover India that is Bharat. We are eagerly waiting for our next exploration as and when it is proposed by ever energetic Bangari and Madhuri. As usual Amar was very helpful to one and all and the newfound photographer Aniketh excelled in photography with his Nikon camera who is likely to exhibit his skills in future tour/tours also. Many of us are also waiting to revisit Thailand again for the marriage of that charming dame Miss **. All the best for all of you in your future endeavor.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Booked a hut in Vadodara which was rated 3 star on MMT's website as 3 Star. The hotel looked impressive from outside but when I was shown in the room, the AC wasn't working. The TV wasn't working. The water wasn't running in the toilets. The Shower had dirty brown water coming from it. The breakfast consists of 1 cup of tea or coffee and 1 item from their menu (bread butter jam, toast butter jam or omelet in bread, etc). What a nightmare trying to contact MMT. If it is complaints there isn't anyone available to talk to, but if it was booking and you were going to pay them money then they have thousands of people waiting to answer your call.

Had to use the make a booking call to talk to the rep to complain of the Hotel GRG in Vadodara and eventually was told it is a budget hotel and I shouldn't expect hot water, clean water in the bath, AC could be in any condition but cool, no water in toilets and a Breakfast which consist of any 1 item from their menu and a cup of tea or coffee. I told them they are advertising a hotel as 3 star and I wouldn't even rate the hotel as minus 1 Star. Their answer was I had booked a 3 star budget hotel and shouldn't expect to be treated as a 3 star customer.

I checked out the very next morning with a lot of difficulty from hotel staff and owner And wrote to MMT and they said their concerned department will get in touch within 24 hours. This was 12 days ago. Since then I have escalated the issue 3 times and no one has replied back as yet. The final reply I ** was that one of their Head, Customer Delights Known as Geeta ** will get in touch with me to sort the problem out. I don't think I will even get a chance to talk to her. Please AVOID AVOID AVOID. Please use other companies who know how to treat their customers.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I booked the refundable tickets on the website. I had change of plans and I called them to cancel the ticket. But, they said the cancellation fees is more than the ticket price and I will not get even a single penny with the cancellation. Total waste of booking the ticket with them. I rather will book ticket with the airline directly.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I have a bitter experience with MMT cab as I have extend 1 day trip and they have confirmed that charges will be applicable is normal and as per confirmation of Meghna it will be around 500-1000. Now they are demanding 2500/- extra after completion of tour. The driver I was provided has having languge problem and for the same I have to take a guide @rd.800/- per day. When I have called regarding the same they told that they will replace and will call back in next 10 min. Thereafter I have made 7 to 8 calls to them every time they promise a callback but I have waited for the call. Till then the trip has got rbs and driver has started quarreling for the extra charge. I will go to consumer forum as this is not only I having monetary loss but also harassment and prestigious loss.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I booked cab through Makemytrip from Shirdi to Mumbai and paid through credit card but driver was very bad and drove very rash. The ac of the car is not working and very high temperature. I travelled with my family. Was very bad experience. Condition of car is very bad. Window of car was not working. Besides this car driver Mr ** was misbehaving and he asking extra money and saying that he is the owner of 9 cars. How it is possible for makemytrip to provide the service like this. I will never use makemytrip and suggest everybody not to use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MakeMyTrip.com?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

We have booked a cab on 20-8-17 from Tirupati to Chennai. Innova car. The car was very bad, unclean. Further it is journey involving two states. MMT have send us the driver who does not had driving license. A fresh say 18 year boy. We came to know about this while crossing Andra state and entering Tamil Nadu when police has withheld our vehicle for more than 1 hour. In 2014 also I had very bad experience with MMT but thought they might have improved. But know they have gone from bad to worse.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

We were stuck in Moscow on the New Year's Eve 2017 late in the night, during our recent trip to Russia. We asked the local Indian agent of Make My Trip in Moscow (Mr. **), for help - HE REFUSED PLAINLY - HOW THE HELL DARE HE??? Thankfully, we were not ATTACKED / ROBBED / KIDNAPPED (yes, that happens in Moscow in some neighborhoods) - WE WERE ABSOLUTELY HELPLESS THAT NIGHT - we knew nobody, we did not know the language, we did not know the streets, and no taxis/buses were running at the time, only the metro trains. Thankfully, the night manager of the hotel where we were staying, a Russian lady (fluent in English), was able to help us at that time (around midnight) when we called her - SO, A RUSSIAN (hotel's night manager, Ms. **) HELPS US, AN INDIAN (MakeMyTrip's Moscow agent **) DOES NOT!

After coming back to India, we complained to MakeMyTrip's customer support about the whole story - their reply was "MR. ** (that useless agent in Moscow) HAS LEFT THE COMPANY" - when we asked the Customer Support to give us a proof of his termination/resignation - THERE WAS NO FURTHER REPLY (today, 6 weeks since that query) - THIS PROVES THEY ARE A COMPANY OF LIARS! Please never go via MakeMyTrip for at least foreign trips - in India, you can still do something - outside India their services are most pathetic, utmost horrible and even endangering/jeopardizing!!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I did book the return ticket on Make My Trip on 24 Aug 2017 from Hyderabad to New York and as my debit card per day limit was Rs.50,000 and actual cost of the ticket was Rs.66,995. I spoke to the representative of Make My Trip and he gave me an option of paying partial payment so I paid Rs.49,000 on 24th August 2017 at 8 PM and he told me to pay the rest of the balance within next 24 hrs. As I left with my family for dinner outside I got an email at 9:30 PM stating my balance payment deadline is 10 PM on 24th August 2017.

I was just given buffer of 2 hrs when I clearly told them that I can make balance payment anytime after 12 in midnight, I rushed back home and called customer support at 9:30 PM. They kept me on waiting beyond 10 PM and then I got email that my ticket is being cancelled and Make My Trip Deducted Rs.1000 as cancellation fee. What a Trap? What a cheating? In just less than 3hrs not only they made Rs.1000 but irony is no refund is until next 12 days. We are NRI's from USA and this company is cheating, now we should wait for 12 days to get refund and then book our tickets. Big liars sitting as representatives, they are trained to trap the customers, all I can say Make My Trip is a company meant to cheat the customers. Trap them and then cheat them. Never ever use Make My Trip. Shame on Make My Trip. Bunch of cheaters. All Liars.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I had done a booking for a cab from Rajkot to Bhavnagar on the 12th August 2017 for my family of 4 (2 kids). I paid the full money for the cab which was booked for 1400 IST. The mail that I received on booking was driver number will be shared 2 hours before the said booking. Upon landing there is no message nor a cab waiting. I did contact them on customer care. They replied, “We are sorry no cabs available.” They cheated me out of the service as now I am struggling to get a cab and gonna miss a deadline where I needed to be. They didn't have the decency to inform us earlier that we could me an alternative arrangement. I need my compensation for the hardship that my kids and family went through to deal with getting to our destination.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I wish I had read the reviews on MakeMyTrip.com before booking my flights with them. I hope I would be able help some travellers in future to avoid this mistake. My Return flight from DEL to JFK was booked by MakeMyTrip.Com: DEL to CDG (Paris), ORY (Paris) to JFK. Notice CDG (Paris) and ORY (Paris) two different airports. I take partial responsibility for not calling France Embassy but I did call the Airlines to check if I would need Visa. But MakeMyTrip should not even give such stupid options where the stopover requires going out of the airport. I thought there might be shuttle by the AirFrance to transfer people between two airports. I had updated my passport information on MakeMyTrip.com. Still no warning about Visa by them.

On the Delhi Airport the Air France staff said I need some kind of Visa to board the flight though I have USA green card. They told me CDG and ORY airports are hours apart. They did not let me board the flight from Delhi. I had USA phone with me on the Delhi airport and spent hours on international calling rates, trying to get an alternative ticket through MakeMyTrip for hour+ time. Even to buy a new ticket I was on hold for 30 minutes. I dropped the call with MakeMyTrip, I called another Travel Agent, bought an alternative flight in 15 minutes for US$940, received the email and came to USA.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I was trying to book an intl flight for 4 passengers from Chennai to Bangkok and the amount MakeMyTrip showed was 87,500 whereas on Thai Airways it was showing 85,500. Plus MMT was charging a convenience fees of Rs.1960, this adds up to excess of 4000… and when you call them they say "Yes we can give you best offer. We can reduce charges of 2000 on full ticket…" Ha ha what a joke! First they are charging excess of 4000 and then they are giving 2000 discount. People please always check direct airline's websites and only then book tickets.

Original review: July 22, 2017

Never do booking on this site. Horrible experience I got. I did bus booking on the site from Mumbai a day prior for my family holiday. When I reached the pickup point and waited for bus half an hour with family and when bus came, bus operators told me there is no booking on my name when I had valid eticket and PNR number. When I called MakeMyTrip customer care the representative blatantly told me to wait there for 24 hours to resolve my query when entire trip booking already done. I lost money plus my family suffered and holiday went in vain. Never ever book on this website.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I booked a ticket for a passenger who does not have a surname. She has only a first name and her surname is blank as per her passport. I have entered the correct details while booking the ticket and it even asks for a confirmation stating that you have not entered the surname, pls confirm if it matches the passport. Once I confirm when the ticket is generated, the first name came out with her title (e. g Ms) and last name came out with the first name that I entered. I have made at least 10 call over 10 days to the support to rectify the name but absolutely no response.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I have the worst experience in international flight booking from MakeMyTrip. I am a student and had booked a flight to US via Makemytrip and had informed them at the time of booking that I need an additional 23 kgs of student baggage that is allowed by the airlines. While the agent of Makemytrip confirmed that the same is allowed on phone call at the time of booking the ticket, I was asked to email them the documents (F1 Visa copy and I-20). After 3 days of chasing and numerous calls they told me that Etihad doesn't give additional student baggage. While my friend booked the same flight for same day via Paytm and he got the additional student baggage.

Makemytrip is the worst agent for international flight booking, and NEVER book your flights from them. I booked the ticket via Makemytrip because I was getting a cash back of 2000 rupees but it has costed me heavily. Moreover their unprofessional behavior is what miffed me more. I repeat, don't ever book your flights from Makemytrip, they are the worst travel agents for flight booking.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I booked 2 tickets for my family on MMT.com from COK to DEL. After booking I realized that the connection had a 20+ hour layover in Mumbai so I requested cancellation and rebooking on a direct flight. Now I see my bank account has been debited TWICE but the new ticket has not been issued nor is it visible on the website. Also on the website the old booking shows the COK-BOM as "cancellation in progress" but BOM-DEL as "confirmed" which makes no sense. Tried calling their call center but it is IVR hell, impossible to reach an operator. Moreover I am in Kenya right now and having to hold at ISD rates is crazy.

Original review: July 5, 2017

My booking of ticket (Spicejet Flt SG942 for Thiruvananthapuram-Delhi) on 17th July 2017 is cancelled on the same date between 3 hours gap. But yet my agent didn't received refund amount. I have all evidences. I am forcing to display all this in medias.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I was try to book a train ticket on 11-06-17. Due to network problem or some issue the booking was unsuccessful but money is deducted from my bank account but I didn't receive any ticket. After so many calls and complaints I received my money at 28th. I believed that if I didn't make continuous call to customer care and my bank definitely I didn't receive my amount because the vendor is told me that they processed the amount on 16th and transferred to bank. I crosschecked with the bank and they informed that there is no credit in amount on that day. MakeMyTrip doesn't care about customer time and money. They are providing worst service.

Original review: June 28, 2017

OMG! What do I have to say, folks. Please DO NOT BOOK MMT FOR LADAKH trip because we were there from 5th June to 12 June 2017. As soon as you land in Leh no representative is there to even care about you, you have call them, tour managers are so hopeless in Leh, a guy called Shailesh and other idiot lady whose name I forgot bluffed. Hotels booked are hopeless, they only show good on website. At the end moment they change which has no hot water nor tea or coffee in the rooms in the bloody cold. After writing email to a MMT manager Mr ** didn't even bother to respond to our emails from past two weeks. Please guys do not book over MMT. They will just ruin your holiday and spend lakhs of money to suffer.

Original review: June 26, 2017

VERY BAD EXPERIENCE. We have booked Abasar resort at Tajpur (West Bengal) through MakeMyTrip (Ref. Booking ID: ** Dtd: 24-25th June 2017) for a family tour with my 5 years old kids but his owner Mr. ** has cancelled the booking as per Hotel owner "They told we do not accept any MakeMyTrip booking." When I contacted with MakeMyTrip customer care over phone 1st time they listen everything and told us "wait there. Our representative will call you within 10 minutes" but that 10 minutes not came... After 30 minutes I tried to connect MakeMyTrip but after verification my call disconnected and we were standing outside resort around 3 hours. After long wait we have cancelled the tour and get back to home. How irresponsible? Never book any ticket/hotel from MakeMyTrip. DO NOT EVER TRY GO ABASAR RESORT.

Original review: June 25, 2017

While booking ticket through Makemytrip, payment was processed but ticket booking was failed and we received the message of sorry and book again. Due to urgency, we did not taken the chance to book via same portal and we booked through other. But after 7 days, no refund was received and we checked out with makemytrip. They told us that our ticket was actually booked that time and email was delivered to you after 45 mins. I explained that I can't process same transaction which was failed once. They accepted my view but never refunded back after follow-up of 25 days.

They mentioned that Singapore Airlines is not cooperating but I stated that, "I have nothing to do with airline. You are the one through which I booked." They are now saying yes and yes and yes... "You are right sir. You are right sir...” But no refund. Be careful public. More stranger the status displaying on their website against ticket refund of this site is "Cancellation request accepted and refund initiated" which is fake.

Original review: June 24, 2017

App which they developed is very buggy (faulty) and I have to pay more money cause of their messy app. There no option to negative otherwise I will give -5. And after searching other option found that we will get more discounted packages. Never use this app for bookings. It worst. You will frustrate once you do any booking. You cannot find your bookings in your trips section. ClearTrip, Yatra or other local service providers are best than this app. Others never gives false commitment.

And customer care is very worst. They only make you fool every time you need to explain all situation to all executive. After 5 days conversation (every time I called them) I finally feel that they are only doing drama. Nothing else. And for cancel package now I am bearing 35% of total package (which is around 15000 to 16000) and it high for me. Instead good and discounted package I got loss and frustration. Now uninstalling app for self satisfaction. I cannot do anything other. Celebrity like Ranveer and Aliya should not promote fraud company like MMT. #Thiefmytrip #MakeMeTemper.

Original review: June 19, 2017

Booking ID **. I had completed my onward flight and wanted to prepone my return flight, the app showed a refund amount of 42k while the ticket was 58k. I called the agent asked for the charges to prepone, and got a reply saying 28k plus price difference. Then I asked if the amount (42k) reflected in the app is genuine even after flying the onward flight and I was told it was genuine and the same amount will be refunded. I ended the conversation by saying I will go with cancelling through the app. I cancelled my flight on 3rd June.

The refund was supposed to reach my account in 6-7 days which didn't happen. When I called to check the progress I was told the amount was not genuine and I'll get around 13k of refund. I raised the issue to the supervisor (spoken to around 2 or 3 of them) and was told I'll get the amount that was promised after validating the calls. I was told the issue will be resolved in 48hrs which then went to 24 hrs and still goes on with 24 hrs every time I call. It's been 15 days since I cancelled my flight, 12 days since I'm calling for the progress and all I hear is wait for 24 hrs, 24 hrs and another 24 hrs until 18th June. Really horrible service. Fake promises. Totally fed up calling everyday. Frustration is reaching limits. Can someone tell me how many more 24 hrs will I have to wait.

Update: 19th June. The supervisor I spoke to says I won't get any refund and I will owe 2k as the onward fare charges were 61k and the validating team has refused to pay up the amount promised I. e 42k. Now what should I do. Firstly the team is making fake promises. Secondly they are not consistent on the refund amount which changes every now and then. This is MakeMyTrip which can also be termed as FakeMyTrip. Never believe these fakers.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I had made flight & hotel bookings for my Kerala trip in May. I had booked Hotel Camp Noel in Munnar based on the high ratings at MMT and nice pictures of the resort. Unfortunately, it is so much inferior and the roads were JUST TERRIBLE. With the Rains, most of the roads were completely washed out and it was scary traveling through a deserted jungle area. Our Innova Car got stuck up multiple times and hotel person admitted that the access roads to the hotel were not OK and agreed for the cancellation of 2 rooms X 2 room night bookings through MMT (**). With 2 Senior citizen and 2 kids, I had to take a decision to return back after a horrible road journey of close to 12 hours (more than double the expected time).

The phone & internet lines were poor & I tried to contact MMT many times during the day. The experience had been extremely pathetic and the service representatives' competency levels were absolutely poor and unacceptable. THEY HAD NO UNDERSTANDING OF CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. After KEEPING ME ON HOLD several times, I discussed with 3-4 persons and requested that they should book us in another hotel for 1 night in Central Munnar. Unfortunately, their understanding & decision making was so poor, they just ended up with stereotype message "We will discuss with seniors and call you back," which they NEVER DID. Every person requested for SOME TIME to process the refund & today After ALMOST ONE MONTH, I have NOT RECEIVED ANY REFUND NOR ANY CALLS.

Is this the level of service offered by MMT? I must have purchased Lakhs of Rupees of service through MMT for myself, family and Organizations and this has been WORST experience. In general, I must say, MMT service is getting WORSE day by day and I have already switched over to competitor for future bookings. I expect an immediate reply else I need to take up the matter with Consumer forum, so that other travelers do not suffer such horrible experience and spoil their vacation like us.

I urge MMT to immediately refund the hotel booking amount and compensate Rs. 10,000.- per person for spoiling the trip and wasting our valuable vacation time. If MMT management express the slightest doubt and fails to comply with these amounts, I will be compelled to contemplate a stronger action and for sure cause damages to the reputation of MMT and these would be much higher. Please let me have immediate reply on **.

Original review: June 5, 2017

DO NOT BOOK CAB THRU MMT. You get an option of making full payment while booking and if you do that, your driver will not turn up as they have internal issue with payments. I booked the cab today and got 2 sms with different driver details. Both of them denied to come due to payment issue. My pick up is scheduled at 9.00 am tomorrow and right now at 12.26 am, I don't have any driver. Spoke to MMT team, they made call to driver and he confirmed in front of them but called a minute later and asked me to speak to them again as he wouldn't come. I called again and the guy said, "We are sitting and coordinating for you at this hour and driver will come." I asked them to cancel the booking, for which he said, "We will cancel the booking but you won't get any refund... company policy."

Shubham and Ankit are the guys I spoke at MMT. I asked them to give me driver details so that I can speak to the driver and confirm if he is coming or not and I haven't received any details as of now. I am on call with them right now and my call is on hold since last 8 minutes. I asked the guy, "Until what time should I not sleep", he said, "We are coordinating with the team." Which means they have no driver who is ready to come tomorrow. And if at all someone is ready to come, what is the guarantee he is not going to trouble me on the way. Mine is a 5 hour journey and I have no trust on MMT. My mistake that I ignored the reviews. Pathetic is a very small word for this organization.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Booked a ticket from us.makemytrip.com from SFO to BLR. Paid online and purchase is complete. MakeMyTrip Booking ID - **. Charged credit card. Booked on Monday, May 28th 2017 9:00 PM. Passenger was to travel on May 31st. Received email saying booking is complete and wait for another email tor e-tickets. No email was received. Called customer service twice on May 30th and by 1:00 pm the agent says he cannot issue ticket and Jet Airways cannot issue them. Was told money will be refunded in 72 hours. RIPOFF. Really and was in situation that we can't use money to buy alternative tickets. Not only that passenger couldn't travel. I have never seen in my 20 years of flying that the website confirms booking but cannot issue tickets. It is meaningless, never happened to me before with Expedia or other websites. SHAME on them. There should be a way to stop them from conducting business this way.

Original review: May 26, 2017

18th May 2017. Horrible experience MakeMyTrip & RN Holidays. My booked hotel Deccan Park Resort confirmed booking but I arrival Deccan Park Resorts ooty says not your booking confirmed, sorry. I call make my trip 45 minutes, hold my call & says "Sorry sir, sold out & RN Holidays available". It's not a hotel, it's (3rd class lodge). I request. Please help me my refund. Thanks.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I was traveling in the month of April from Male to my hometown Delhi by SpiceJet. Due to some technical issue the airline got delayed. Since I had to take another connecting flight from Delhi, so SpiceJet suggested me to take another flight and told me that they will refund the amount within 3 days, which they did before the time frame to the MakeMyTrip. This was done on 13th of April by SpiceJet to MakeMyTrip. It's been over one and half month the MakeMyTrip has not refunded my money back to the account which was used for payment.

MakeMyTrip is just playing with the mails and every day asking me to share the bank statement and expecting me to see the branch personally and follow up with them, which would cost me 800$. Every time someone replies from MakeMyTrip, they just copy and paste the previous mails, don't even bother to check up on the concern. I am sure they are investing the customers money in some other way. I would suggest all my friends and viewers to be away from this fraud travel agent. Their service is pathetic.

Original review: May 23, 2017

I made an international booking from Kolkata to Narita (Japan) using China Eastern on 12th March and paid a total sum of INR 204,825. I called up MakeMyTrip in early May about some assistance and was told that the flight has been rescheduled. To my utter surprise I never received the schedule change mail. Anyway I asked for the change and was told that my connecting flight was rescheduled so that instead of reaching in the afternoon I will now reach late evening at about 9 pm. My onward schedule of the whole group was in a mess so I decided to cancel the entire group booking. Two days later I received a call from MakeMyTrip that the tickets have been cancelled and that I will receive a full refund.

Now it is twenty days past, I have been following up with them about the refund and they say they are chasing the airline. I fail to understand why and how they can hold on to my money like this. They keep telling me, we are working on it. To my utters surprise now when I go to my account in MakeMyTrip I find that against my journey a refund of INR 134,201 has been initiated. Where is the balance??? No satisfactory answer for this. I am at a loss to understand how they can eat my money like this and still be in business. BEWARE THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD. It is using the customer money and funding their business. Can we take up the matter with IATA, please advise.

Original review: May 22, 2017

Because of booking in MakeMyTrip.com I had lost 10,000. When I had reached them for help they just said it's my headache and refused to help me. Don't book through this app. They will leave you in mid-ocean. If you want to lose your money book through this.

Original review: May 16, 2017

MMT - THE WORST TRAVEL COMPANY. I booked a package thru MMT. My interaction started with their travel specialist in the month of Dec 2016 for a travel date in May 2017. This is the worst experience of my life and would recommend people to avoid MMT for any package. No proper handover. Multiple people interacting & no one is aware of what is happening. Horrible customer service who makes you wait for a minimum 20 mins for any query to be answered. Visa team sucks big time as they collect the document a week before the travel and no proper communication. I had to follow up multiple times on when the visa would be done. MMT is filled with arrogant, poor communication and irresponsible people. I lost close to 1 lakh because of their irresponsible behavior and the worst thing is MMT reps DO NOT want to own up their mistake.

This will not last too long MMT. You have lost one customer and I am sure if you continue to operate like this you will lose many more. People engage with companies like you to ensure they can travel without hassles but this trip has been the worst experience of our lives and sure many people have had similar experiences. I urge people to NOT use MMT if you want to have a good vacation.

MakeMyTrip.com Company Information