1.06/5
Based on 92 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

408 MakeMyTrip.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Recently on 10th Aug 2018 while booking a flight from Mangalore to Hyderabad because of some process error my tickets were not confirmed, but my money has been debited from my account - 13,301. When checked with customer care, they said that my money will be credited within 3 working days, and it's been more than a week but my money is not credited. While trying to check with customer care there is no proper response. I'm not finding a proper contact to raise a complaint against MakeMyTrip. Pls help me.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I booked cab for 15th Aug 2 weeks before. 2 hours before the leaving time I got cab and driver's details. My leaving time was 10.00 AM. At 11.00 AM until almost for 30 mins I was calling this driver but no response. Later, I called MakeMyTrip to check and they said they will call back in 10 mins. Later after 10 mins I called them on which they said my cab got cancelled and they cannot find any other cab. Had a big argument with a guy named Shubham but of no use. They stuck to being sorry for last moment cancellation and I was the victim of their sorry. Last moment luckily I got Ola Rentals which saved my trip. Please do not ever book cabs from MakeMyTrip. Please pass on this message to others also.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

This is to notify that MakeMyTrip is a business with low customer cognizance and empathy, worst quality of customer service experience. I had recently booked a family trip to Kerela, India with the booking id - **. Kerela is flood hit and on red alert and I am scared to travel there with my family, I had a limited time of which I wanted to travel and my dates were fixed.

Now in this current situation when I asked MMT to cancel the trip because of the flood & natural calamity around that area, the answer I got from MakeMyTrip - "MMT doesn't not have anything to do with it", if I don't do the complete payment the whole amount of advance will get forfeited, else we can change the holiday dates within a month without any penalty but with the current fare difference etc etc. Just want to notify this so that no one else can get into such bad customer experience, there are better places where you can get the bookings done, and if it has to be at our expense one should plan the trip themselves rather than getting in touch with MMT.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I would like to lodge a complaint against MakeMyTrip website android app. I tried to book a flight from Delhi to Singapore and it showed me rs 61766 will be charged on your credit card at the time of payment and entering otp for 3 flight tickets for my family. However it charged rs 65766 after the payment was successful, now they are saying we cannot do anything about it as this is the charge showing to them.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I had booked holiday package with MMT to Gangtok-Lachung-Darjeeling from 2nd June for four members of my family. Upon reaching Gangtok I found that my hotel booking at Gangtok was cancelled by MMT as a result of some miscommunication amongst MMT staff. Myself and family was made to wait at hotel reception for 2 hours. There was no help coming from MMT tour coordinators, despite numerous phone calls to them. It was horrifying experience to my family members that too in an unknown place. In the end I had to take my own initiative to find alternate hotel room during a busy season. Upon my return back I claimed refund for hotel charges and MMT refused to give me the refund for hotel charges.

Every night or next day morning I had to call the tour coordinator to remind him about Driver pick up for tour. Every day of my tour I was provided with new driver. We tourists are left at the mercy of driver. If the driver is good man, then you have good day or if the driver had a bad day at his home then you had it. MMT does not do anything to take care of the tourist. They leave everything to the driver to take care of tourist. This was vouched by all drivers that I had been with during the tour. I had to explain the sightseeing spots of my itinerary to the drivers each day.

In Gangtok the driver was in such a hurry to reach to me to Darjeeling that he skipped couple of sightseeing spots stating that there is too much traffic in that area of visit. Even the MMT staff made such an itinerary that I had to miss out on some sightseeing spots as it was closed on that particular day. Overall it was a very disappointing tour. It was my first experience with MMT and it will be my last tour with MMT. I recommend tourists DO NOT BOOK TOUR WITH MMT EVER.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MakeMyTrip.com?

Original review: July 24, 2018

I booked Ramada Plaza Agra on 2 July through MMT, I had taken a twin bedroom since we had two children with us. I called up MMT and asked them to put an extra bed request for the same booking, the executive who picked the phone sounded very courteous and he said that let him talk to the hotel, after confirming with the hotel he said that they have agreed to put an extra bed without any cost in the room. I was relaxed.

Now when I checked in the hotel on 20 July and asked for the extra bed they refused and said that I have to pay 1500/- for it. I called up MMT again and they refused to help. I asked them to trace the call on which I was promised to get the extra bed, after a while they called up and said it's not possible to trace the call. I felt miserable and helpless and finally ended up paying Rs 1500/- for the extra Bed. It was heartbreaking because I felt ditched and betrayed by MMT executive. I am uninstalling the APP from my phone and will try my best that every contact of mine does so.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I was searching a Sea Breeze Resort in AP. There was a link below the search of MakeMyTrip. After clicking and booking I realised it was the wrong address booked within 10 mins after booking. After calling and MakeMyTrip says it cannot help. My money of 2700 was lost. MakeMyTrip is worst customer care. Will never book with them again. They don't want to rectify the problem and just think of their money.

Original review: July 11, 2018

The customer care services are not doing anything for you. They are totally helpless for us. They know only deduction. Very poor service they provide. Their charges are very high than any other sites. They only make us fool.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I booked an international holiday package using my SBI debit card because I was told that I would be eligible for 10% cashback since my booking was above 1 lakh. But now they are blaming the bank for rejecting it. As per bank there was no amount requested to be forwarded to my account. Neither was SBI card department aware of any such cashback when I enquired on their helpline. Please do not use it for your trips. Absolutely worthless!

Original review: June 22, 2018

I did my hotel booking on MMT for October, but got the confirmation for July. Immediately spoke with the customer care and they told technical issue. Then told not able to contact the hotel authorities. Every time they use to keep me on hold when I am reaching them. Pathetic customer care, I am raising the issue but they are closing the case without talking to me. Paid almost ₹10,771. Fraud company everyone aware of this. Reference ID:[**] . Mani **, close my issue without talking to me. Aishwarya **, didn't solve my problem but marked as a solved.

Original review: June 21, 2018

After reaching Hannover, we hired a cab for the address mentioned in the Booking Details (PFA 1). While reaching to Gottinger Chaussee, we were just unable to find the "3012" apartment. After an hour we were stupefied and astounded to know that there is NO APARTMENT with 3012!! After pulling ourselves together we decided to go back to railway station and ask someone for help. Over there, the DB Kiosk came to our rescue out of this mind numbing shock to us. They spent some time and finally found the actual name and number of the owner of the apartment. They called the owner and asked for the address and finally got the correct address.

After 2 long hours of hassle we finally got the right contact details. So we hired another cab and eventually got to the apartment. It was a bit relaxing to see a beautiful and resourceful apartment, thanks to the helpful owner. Losses from this nightmarish experience: 2 hours of our valuable time, colossal stress, couldn't work for a minute the whole day and one round trip plus extra driving at Gottinger Chaussee in cab.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Our return tickets from Frankfurt to India were wrongly cancelled without informing us or even consulting the flight company Fly Emirates to know the reason of why we didn't board the flight. Mind you that it is mandatory for MakeMyTrip to consult the concerned Airport before updating the status/reason of the flyer to boarding the flight. If they would have consulted the Airport then nothing of this had happened and our return ticket would be smooth without having to pay any NO SHOW charges. Now the airport updated the status to OFFLOAD of two (out of three) members of our trip. But MakeMyTrip marked it as NO SHOW. This caused all the issues making our return trip a dreadful nightmare. NO SHOW at Ahmedabad caused our return tickets to be SUSPENDED from Frankfurt.

Here is the core of our ghastly ordeal. We were not informed in any way that our return tickets were suspended. When we tried web-checking, we came to know that our tickets were suspended and we couldn't board (we called Fly Emirates to clarify). The Fly Emirates person provided these details to give to MakeMyTrip for reopening the tickets: New PNR: **. After digesting the shock, we called MakeMyTrip. That imbecile, blunt, disrespectful and more importantly inexperienced person clearly denied us the possibility of reopening the tickets. That was another bombshell for us.

At this stage we called Fly Emirates again and got on conference call with MakeMyTrip (MMT). We have got all the recordings as a proof of all this. At the end, The Fly Emirates representative had to explain MMT representative that how to reopen the suspended tickets. That bonehead didn't even know how to calculate the difference of charges (though wrongly applied). Because of all this, we weren't even served food during the flight adding to our plight. Losses from this: Colossal stress. Wrongly charged for NO SHOW. I just wonder what an impression would Germans be having about Indian business knowing that a famous company such as MMT from India is failing so badly in its processes.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Need to wait hours together for resolving issues with regards to cancellation. App features are very dissatisfactory where we don't even see booked history of tickets. Don't dare to use MakeMyTrip ever in your life. Uninstall and forget that there exists something called MakeMyTrip in life.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I stayed at Golden Tulip booking id: ** as assured hotel by MakeMyTrip and if my problem is not solved in 60 minute then they will return back my money but I had very with makemytrip and hotel. First when I had booked deluxe room with king size with makemytrip but instead of king size I was provided twin sharing room but when called makemytrip hotline no messages send by makemytrip states that “Your Hotel Golden Tulip Hotel Amritsar Suites is covered under MMT Assured Guarantee. You can call Hotline 18001028747 in case of any issue. Resolution within 60 minutes or Money Back.” After calling this no. I was assured that my problem of king will be solved in half an hour but after calling many times nothing happened and secondly the assured hotel doesn’t have wifi working as their server was down and breakfast was worsened than my life.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I have booked cab for 11th June-18 7 AM. Before three days, MakeMyTrip has shared booking ID and e-ticket which state clearly that before two hour of my ride, cab and driver contact no. were shared but till 6 AM I didn't receive any message or mail with such detail, I called on customer care but no executive reverted me, a radio repeating that, "Your call is important for us. Be online." So by having consider it tentative, I have booked cab with other vendor with expensive price as I was booking on immediate basis, but at 7 am driver called me from MakeMyTrip.

After paying other vendor, I refused to avail service as it was too late to contact with me, now when I raise my request to refund my advance booking money, their executive refuse to refund it, but they have step back their commitment to share detail before two hour, I have considered MMT as brand for which customer is first and book cab with them while OLA and other faster cab provider available, but they have cheated with me. Now certainly I will file a case against them in consumer court and treat them at each platform like criminal.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Worst services ever! Seriously worst! The driver was so annoying and rude and literally he didn't know how to drive and he blamed us for every potholes and traffic just because he was unable to tackle the traffic! The driver name is Alol ** or Hariom as he had two names for company and for customers car number was ** SWIFT DZIRE! The booking was done for 8 days Manali Kasol and Dharamshala and the very second day driver refused to take us even at the paragliding site. He said he would only take us till mall road Manali and drop at hotel. That's it!

The only bad thing about our trip was this driver MMT and the vendor so called AHA taxis! Never ever book a cab from MMT. Their every employee says different things. Some agree for Kasol. Some don't. In the end driver asked for 7 days night charges but we rode him for only 3 days and created a scene at Delhi station and in the end he spoke to MMT and agreed for 3 days night charges and he even locked our luggage in the car! The driver is mentally sick and was so keen to scare us! He harassed us many times by driver fast and sometimes very slow! Don't ever go for MMT services or even AHA taxis. Just go for the private services which has a physical location or office!

Original review: June 11, 2018

WORST CAB SERVICE MAKEMYTRIP (we booked round trip Delhi to Manali). MakeMyTrip arranges cab services from different VENDORS, and doesn't has its own cab services. We booked a cab for 8 days, round trip from Delhi to Manali. The TERMS AND CONDITIONS, are not conveyed properly to the vendors. There are extra night charges of rs.250/night, if we use the cab POST 9 PM TO 6 AM, but the driver asked for all 8 nights charge, even when he was sleeping and not driving. MakeMyTrip FOOLS YOU, they gave us a package of 2000 km in rs.17064, rs8.5/km, I confirmed with MR. ** (one of the employ in MakeMyTrip cab customer care) if we could go from Delhi to Manali to Kasol and then back to Delhi, he said he has confirmed from the vendor AHA TAXIS, and yes we can go to Kasol. But when time came, the driver refused to go Kasol saying the cab is booked from Delhi to Manali and he will not go outside Manali.

Now it is common sense that why would a tourist book 2000 km for only Manali? How can one cover 2000 km only in Manali? I contacted MR. ** (another employ in MMT cab customer care). He took way too long to resolve our issue. Prebooking MMT said we can go outside Manali, post booking they refused. The driver we were provided was by AHA TAXI VENDOR, his name is ALOK ** or HARIOM , he had 2 names, we don't know which name is real, vehicle was SWIFT DZIRE **, this driver was inexperienced for Himachal roads, he didn't knew how to control his own vehicle, he couldn't pick up the vehicle in 1st gear on hilly area as well as on plain road, he was MENTALLY ILL, he HARASSED ME, I went with my brothers who were there to protect me, he once THREW ME IN A GUTTER while I was getting out of the cab. He didn't stopped the cab and continued driving, he drove over my brother's foot TWICE.

He HARASSED us, we were all students and he SCARED US by driving in an inappropriate way to scare us. The driver was ill spoken and mentally unfit to be a driver. The driver was not thorough of terms and condition. Neither was the vendor, MMT is at fault and it caused us way lot of trouble. MMT sends UNAUTHORIZED DRIVERS. MMT customer services are worst, each employ will give you different details, they themselves are not clear about terms and conditions. Once you pay advance 15% to MakeMyTrip their role is done, they don't pay attention to you thereafter. ADVICE- don't book anything from MMT, FRAUD COMPANY, take everything they say in form of EMAIL, don't trust their words.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Starting off...June 2016, I cancelled 4 tickets, Mumbai to Goa and back. For which I haven’t yet received a refund of 15000/-rupees! Fraud company. 2018, foolishly, thought they improved and tried booking into flights from Mumbai to Bangkok. Duped again of almost a lakh and yet again tickets aren’t booked! They claim to have automatically sent the amount for refund on 5th June. Apparently! Been receiving emails from them stating the same. Today, on 8th June, received an intimation from my bank, that the money has been claimed! And sadly, my tickets haven’t been booked!

On calling them, they have the cheek of telling me that it’s with their payment admin who will refund it in 48hrs (after 3 working days are over already!). And then it will show in my bank (bank said it will take 15-20 days for it to show, once the refund has been initiated)! I was furious! Asked them to give me some other option or at least block my tickets. But they refused saying only option is to be patient! It’s my money! My tickets. Amount has been claimed by them and yet I’m begging them to do my booking...for which I’m being asked rudely to be patient! Horrible horrible people! They are thieves who dupe you! Never never never ever book with them!

Original review: June 4, 2018

Recently I travelled to Hyderabad from Pune with my girlfriend, we had already book a room at Hotel Sandhya, Lakdi Ka Pul for 2 days, upon reaching there we have been refused to stay at the hotel saying unmarried couples are not allowed, however it wasn't mentioned anywhere on the MMT website. Hotel manager asked us to talk to MMT customer service, upon calling them multiple times, MMT representative was putting our call on hold for hours and it took them 3 hours to call me back and we were standing on busy street by this time, at the end representative simply apologies and initiated the refund which I didn't get until date.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I’ve booked Cab under SUV category from Nizamuddin railway station to Manali. They were promising Innova/XYLO, or similar SUVs. But when we reached station they sent Honda Mobilio (compact mini van-MPV) and that too was not in good condition. When I called to complain about the issue then they said, "Sorry we can’t do anything. It is not our fault and we won’t change the car at any cost." I didn’t expected this kind of behaviour from MMT. The other Local Cab service provider were providing INNOVA at 8500, but I booked MMT cab with high expectation with more cost, but they failed at very first. I am highly disappointed with my 1st experience of cab booking with MMT. I will raise this issue forward, and I won’t recommend MMT cab booking to any of my contact.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Recently I booked a ticket for myself and my wife who are both senior citizens. The airlines is Air India which offers senior citizen concession fares. But, MakeMyTrip.com did not give us the concessions and are telling that it is their policy. Not only this but also in international ticket booking they have cheated me.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I had booked a bus ticket through MakeMyTrip on 23rd May-18 which I want to cancel, but unfortunately the same is not visible under "Trip" section. Tried numerous times to contact their customer care, but no one picked up my call. Finally I sent them mail to cancel my booking, but not received any response. They are simply cheating consumers, don't book through their website.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Very very very bad service, I booked one room for three guests at Red Fox Hotel Chandigarh for 25/5/18 on 24/5/18, but by mistake room was booked for 24/5/18 in spite of 25/5/18. I realized about the fact within 10 minutes of booking and requesting many times to MakeMyTrip support holding phone for hours continuously in waiting but no response from support, called the hotel about the fact immediately, they said contact the MakeMyTrip.

How to contact MakeMyTrip if there is no reply for hours in waiting and no reply on emails if anyone will be in emergency, I received call from support that we mailed to hotel about date changed. Please contact them but hotel staff said no mail is received from MMT. Very much bad service, of support team. They know I need to be re book the hotel because I have very less time to do so. I was good customer of MakeMyTrip, from very long time. But they didn't bother about that, so I am very disappointed from the act of MakeMyTrip, so I decided to aware other peoples on social network about MakeMyTrip.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I booked a cab service through app and was fully charged straight away. I got no confirmation. I would not get through on phone calls as without ref number it won’t allow, wasted hours online trying to mail support team, making calls no joy. The trip was early morning the next day so could not even rebook until the morning just in case the confirmation turned up, called in the morning offices closed, then had to call as a new booking inquiry to get through.

The representative says it will take 8-10 days for refund, the booking is shown nowhere on their system, I had to share the transaction pics to get them to confirm the money was deducted. Wasted hours again on the phones, nothing resolved, mannerless and annoying staff, lack the acumen to resolve any problem. And as only good at wasting time and I would call this fraudulent activity and no remorse whatsoever. Please save yourself the ongoing hassle and frustration and stay miles away from making any booking on this. Make my trip hell.com.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Booking foreign trip with MMT will be horrible experience. Please do not think of booking any trip trip with MakeMyTrip. Executives are inexperienced, not knowing what they are quoting for. It was nightmare to book Thailand trip with MMT. I booked land to land trip from Phuket to Phuket for my family of 4 members. It was completely unorganized. Only accommodation was good, which you can book yourself better than MMT. Local trips were wrongly arranged. Two days were wasted in only for 2 hours travel per day. Accommodation was 4 stars and local trips were 3rd class.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I am very upset with MMT Cab services. I will suggest never to take Cab services of MMT. Lot of hidden charges and they tell you on last moment. For e.g Road Tax, Road tax they collect from us for no reason. When I enter into another state, government of Karnataka clearly told, Road tax has to be paid by Car owner and it is Yearly charges. MMT cab services and collected from us and made us fool. There are lot of hidden charges such as driver charges etc. etc. I have bad experience with MMT, even what I booked and asked for never got it. Bad Journey.

Original review: May 3, 2018

That from the date of enrollment in the MMT Double Black scheme... I have not seen any benefits of enrollment. Instead the Application has stopped to show the hotel rooms for non-refundable prices (because the tariff (price) of non refundable rooms are less than refundable rooms) which in the terms and conditions of the scheme is specifically mentions that the scheme includes the non-refundable domestic hotel bookings and domestic flight bookings... THEY HAVE INTENTIONALLY FRAUD CUSTOMERS.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I had booked an air ticket through makemytrip.com, in GOAir Flight from New Delhi to Lucknow, to travel on 23 Apr 2018. The PNR/Booking reference was **. I cancelled the ticket directly from the airlines on 21 Apr. They indicated a refund of Rs 914.00. However, since the refund was not credited to my account, I contacted the airlines, which told me that the refund has been sent to makemytrip.com and they should be contacted.

MakeMyTrip shows refund amount as ZERO, which is totally absurd. I tried my best to contact an executive/official, but failed miserably. There is no way that I can put across my request/argument/grievance to them or obtain any reasoning from them. There is no mail ID shown. The interactive site is extremely complicated and confusing. It takes you in circles and does not serve the interest of the customer. This is disgusting and indicates towards a racket going on to cheat customers. I have not heard anything from MakeMyTrip side. I will hate to do any business through this site and will never recommend it to anyone. In case MakeMyTrip is listening to this, I request them to kindly get in touch with me to resolve the issue in right perspective, else I may have to explore other options of getting the justice.

Original review: May 1, 2018

We had booked two tickets (flight and hotel) via MakeMyTrip to visit Amritsar. One of the names it was booked for was stated as Ram **... the actual name is Ramnarain **. Upon realizing this we contacted the agent at MakeMyTrip who completely washed his hands off and we were told to contact the airlines directly. When we contacted the airlines to make a change we were told to contact our agent and that the agent should be able to change it.

In all this going back and forth we were unable to change anything and ended up losing an entire trip worth Rs. 15000. We are on a short visit from Canada and are extremely disappointed at this and of course have now lost a chance to visit Amritsar. The least they could have done is to make an effort to help...that didn't happen. Hopefully someone will read this and do the right thing to contact me and discuss this. I will be waiting for a day before I take any further action. Please make this right... it's not about the money... it's about the principle on which you run your company.

Original review: April 30, 2018

On reading about waiting charges in the rules I had contacted the helpline in advance that in case my flight is delayed what will be the case. I was assured that in case of flight delays if I inform the driver beforehand they won't charge for waiting. And our flight was delayed by 2 hours and now the driver is charging RS. 240. For waiting. Then since now we would reach after 9 pm the driver will charge additional 250 for night. And he is asking for additional 150 for airport entry. This is the worst cab experience ever. It really needs to be checked. I advise not to waste money in booking cabs with MMT.

Not sure about MakeMyTrip.com?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right Travel Agencies for you.

MakeMyTrip.com Company Information

www.makemytrip.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business