2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

1.0/5 (46 ratings)

About MakeMyTrip.com

MakeMyTrip.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MakeMyTrip.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about MakeMyTrip.com?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

My booking gets cancelled previous day and my trip got cancelled due to this. They are totally unprofessional and don't respond even after multiple calls. Uninstalling my app now. It should be renamed from "MakeMyTrip" to "unmakemytrip". Hats off for such unprofessional behaviour and no responsiveness.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I booked my flight tickets and had to cancel it due to COVID. I directly canceled with the airline and the convenience fee was all cut down, out of 4,695 I’ve received only 1850… Very disappointed and will never book anything from MMT.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

I had reserved hotel in Switzerland and had good discount on Citi card on booking via MMT. On reaching at hotel I came to know mmt did not reserve my room and that too after hours of communication with customer service from Switzerland to India. The reason I got from mmt was Citibank declined payment, whereas Citibank clearly stated there was no payment request made by mmt. Even after complaining mmt, they couldn’t not provide the transaction ID to support their side of decline in payment by Citibank.

After multiple follow ups mmt stopped responding my email. I had to bear extra hotel cost as I had to make spontaneous reservation. I had booked 2 months early, which mmt did not honour. For booking at 4 other countries I found the hotel spot booking rate was cheaper than mmt, but mmt did not cancel those bookings. They only canceled the one where spot rate was higher. Mmt is cheat company. Go for Bookings.com who can be trusted. BOYCOTT MAKE MY TRIP.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

I had booked a room through MakeMyTrip in Hotel Shreemaya, Indore, for three guest and had paid the rent in advance, for the period 24/9/21 to 28/9/21. The hotel charged me Rs. 5200/- for the third bed (kot). I approached MakeMyTrip to refund Rs. 5200/- by sending an email. MakeMyTrip did not respond even after sending them three reminders.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I think I've made the biggest mistake of my life. I booked my air ticket from MMT and took baggage insurance as well. I paid an extra amount of baggage insurance but I didn't receive the insurance policy, only it was mentioned in the invoice attached for your reference. Now my 1 bag was lost by the airport/airlines authority and I need to claim my insurance but I couldn't get proper assistance from any of you. The MMT team is saying that we are dealing only in bookings, we are not responsible for insurance claims and the insurance team is saying we cannot proceed further without an insurance policy.

You both are entertaining the customer and just passing the parcel in another's court, no one is damn serious to resolve the issue. Do you all think that customer is a fool, this is the customer service that you are providing? It has been almost 21 days since my baggage was lost and I still couldn't claim my insurance. You guys have not sent me the Policy. Is this my fault? You couldn't take it out from the system or else you don't wanna do it? I am never ever going to book and suggest anybody to book a ticket from MMT and pay an additional amount for baggage insurance because in the end this is all fake, no is going to resolve the matter.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Not get any confirmation even 2 days after booking a ticket of Siliguri Kolkata bus and paying full money in advance. Even we are not able to connect with customer care staff. Don't know how to get the refund.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

The verification of MMT is totally humbug. No verification is done. My recent stay at greater Noida at Ooak hotel on recommendation of MMT booked through their website. The issues were raised and attended by their executive. But surprisingly the hotel owner blamed me to be lying. Customer is God and why false complaint will be lodged. MMT executive offered 20% refund of my booking amount but are we beggars to ask for refund? I believe that MMT is not the same as 15 years back. I would advise customers not to believe the seal of trust of MMT. Their selected hotels and their owners are **. It's courtesy industry.

I being 65 years ordered food at 8.15 pm and after several reminders to hotel reception did not receive dinner up to 9.45 pm. Finally they brought it at 10 pm up to that time I lost my appetite and slept without dinner and also refrained from complimentary breakfast. It could have cost me life as I am diabetic. But their selected hoteliers along with MMT officials are only there to cheat customer, blame them and if any mishap happens then it's no issue for them. It's my experience advice to people going for booking to MMT website.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

We booked a ticket to the US for our son thru MMT in Feb '21 and due to rescheduling of a flight when we said we could not accept the reschedule, MMT went ahead and cancelled our ticket. Initially they said they have to get the refund from Airline and till date nothing is done and we firmly believe they are fooling us. Now we plan to go to the court since we sent many mails and phone calls and it always used to be a repetitive message of delay but no firm date.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

I booked The KAAL Hotel, Leh from Apr 21st to Aug 23rd and then Aug 24th to Aug 27th, 2021. Hotel services were pathetic starting from its room cleanliness, staff behavior, food quality and house keeping services. I gave a negative review for the hotel during my stay in hotel so that they can act positively and appropriately on what went wrong but I was not aware I was staying in goon's place. Owner of the place at the time of checkout asked me, "Why you wrote negative review for my hotel" and started asking me for money which I was not liable to pay. At this I told him, "I will not pay this amount certainly." On hearing this he physically assaulted me and told his staff to close the hotel gate and let me see how come they can go out of this premises. There were many other guys present who were backing him when this instance happened. I paid and left as I had plane to catch but certainly didn't expect such kind of behavior.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Ticket price is not refunded after they cancelled due to pandemic. The ticket was cancelled by the airlines and the money is refunded to Makemytrip by airlines. Their customer number says to drop email or submit online complaint, which I did. But there is no response. Please help.

MakeMyTrip.com Company Information