2.99/5

555 MakeMyTrip.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 24, 2019

Booking ID - **. I booked a cab. The cab was in very nice condition, driver was polite. By mistake I paid double amount for the extra kilometer and the driver returned the extra amount sincerely using Paytm. Kudos to him. It was a nice and pleasant journey. Thanks.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I was awestruck by their concern and service. We had made a booking via Make My Trip for our Vizag tour. However our hotel cancelled our booking within hours of our reaching. But MMT team helped us throughout and made another booking within 1 hour time and that too in one of the best hotels in Vizag. We are very happy with the MMT service.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Perfect place for stay in Mussoorie. Beautiful construction and location. Soft spoken and cooperative staff. Clean and well-maintained rooms and hygienic and clean washrooms. Food is tasty. Overall stay is great. Would love to stay here on my next visit. For people searching for cleanliness in a hotel stay, this is the right place.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I am Arvind ** and my booking Id is **. I had booked package for Singapore and Malaysia. I will tell you the the experience is horrifying. I have paid appx 2.6 lakhs for 2 adult and 1 child. They gave me a room without window. After the payment nobody picks up the phone. I sincerely request everyone that you should book on your own. Otherwise you will be 100 percent dependent on him and nothing will happen. I had raised the issue with top management also but nothing concrete came out so far. Pathetic and horrible experience so far.

Original review: May 22, 2019

This is a company run by cheaters and thieves. They got all my refunds of 2 lakh from hotel and airlines cancellations and decided to keep it and refuse to return to us. We have written emails from MMT that they will refund but not a penny has come. We have decided to go legal against them. Strongly recommend not to work or buy any package from MakeMyTrip.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MakeMyTrip.com?

Original review: May 17, 2019

Actually I cancelled a train ticket on 05th April 2019, but my refund is not credited in my account yet. I called MakeMyTrip so many times. Every customer care executive said me that, "Please wait for 24-48 hrs. Definitely you will receive your refund." At the last I talked with Mr. Amar ** (Customer Delight Team) on 4th May 2019 and he said me that, "Please wait for 48 hrs. I will get back to you." But he does not call me even I send mail 5 times but no response yet.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Worst service ever. I have been booking tickets from them for nearly a year, had a good opinion. I was booking ticket from CHENNAI TO LONDON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT on this Monday 13 May 2019. They took my money but ticket booking unsuccessful. Called them. They said refund initiated. Will take 3 days from their side. On Wednesday 15 May was booking again from Chennai to London. They took the money but transaction failed. No ticket generated. Was calling them to talk to supervisor, they said will give me a callback but no one did. Had a chat with customer service agent still the same story.

Escalated the issue through mail feedback form. Still no one gave a call back. Called again on Friday 17 May 2019 still couldn't talk to the supervisor and the same story again. When you pay they take your money in a second, but when they refund they want to use our money as long as they can and refund when they want. What if someone is going for a death or a urgent issue and they don't have extra money to make booking again? You need to wait till they refund and miss out our emergency. Such worst worst site and service. GUYS PLEASE DON'T MAKE ANY TICKET BOOKING WITH MAKEMYTRIP IN YOUR LIFETIME.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Before making booking or trip package here careful and don't do any booking in MMT. Their supports sucks and your booking will be automatically changed after sometimes. For example if you give Bangalore to Dubai later it changes to Delhi to Dubai and you are trapped, you can change or cancel the booking and your money is gone, ** MakeMyTrip.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I was looking to book international flight return tickets when I came across MMT Best Price Guarantee programme wherein they were claiming that their price is the cheapest and in case a cheaper ticket is found within 24 hrs they would return 10 times the fare difference. So, I went ahead and booked the ticket. While making payment I found another Rs 2600 discount coupon over and above this scheme. So, I applied the same and went ahead and completed my booking.

Later on 11th May 2019 just after making the booking I found Rs 2500 cheaper fare on another website, with that reference I made a complaint under Best Price Guarantee programme and to my surprise they said since I have applied discount coupon this scheme is not valid. I was shocked as if I had not applied the coupon fare difference would have been Rs 5000 to which they might have given different reasoning. I now have this very bitter experience with MMT and would never recommend this to anyone in future.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Average Hotel, morning Breakfast is very limited to Idli, Puri, Bread, Coffee that's it. Even if you ask for omelet on payable basis it is very difficult to get. It is overrated in review and hyped. MMT misguiding visitors without verifying the fact and authenticity of the feedback.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Hi, I booked a hotel for my trip to Singapore from MMT. I booked Days Hotel by Wyndham Singapore At Zhongshan Park. In MMT website they mentioned that the hotel provides Indian veg food and has a swimming pool. However, after check in I came to know in the name of veg food they have only veg Biryani and nothing else in veg and there is no swimming pool in this hotel. I contacted them via Twitter but have not received any response from them for 7 days. They completely spoiled my vacation as I booked that hotel only for veg Indian food as my wife is vegetarian. Now, I have decided to drag them to consumer forum for a settlement.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Very bad customer service. MakeMyTrip seems to have a bunch of frauds. I have suffered mental trauma because of them. They ruined my whole trip. I booked my honeymoon package 2 months before the date for Thailand and I was told that if I'll pay the amount through HDFC they will return 10% cashback after the trip is over. So I believed them. But after the trip when I asked for cashback they denied it completely. And also during the trip, I was asked to pay the extra money for luggage that was not mentioned anywhere in the mail and that too in that baht.

The worst thing they have done is that just a day before my trip they asked me for extra money making some transport excuse and told me to cancel my trip if I don't want to pay. Now seriously how can you people asked me to cancel my honeymoon trip just a day before... for that I was planning from past 2 month. Please guys don't rely on MMT for anything. Don't go behind their big name. MMT IS FRAUD. PATHETIC. LIARS.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Just booked holiday package with MakeMyTrip inclusion of hotels and cab, for which they have charged good amount to me, but it is not all worthy as per hotel category and rooms quality is concerned. MakeMy team even not at all supportive and cooperative. If we raise our concern, even doesn't initiate any call from them side on complaints.... Better to book your own holiday separately, it would be quite worthy and satisfactory...

Original review: May 3, 2019

I booked bus ticket with them. With SLH travels. My boarding was at night 11.45. They have cancelled the bus and there is no information from their end. I have not received the refund yet. Not able to reach the customer care.. Only I can chat with them. They say your issue has been closed. But where is the refund??. I am still waiting.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Booked for a family package tour to Sri Lanka. Highly disappointed with the way the trip was organized. The package cost was 48,000 (excluding flights). But, on-arrival, we were charged an additional Rs.17,000 by the guide. The guide (Mr. **) did not take us to any of the places mentioned in the package. He was extremely rude and did not give us any time to eat or shop. At one point, he blackmailed us that he will drop us in the middle of nowhere if we raised any concerns. He even handed us Rs.500 and asked us to take an auto to our destination. Such mannerless service! Do not trick people like this. You are giving a bad reputation for the country we are visiting. I would definitely not recommend this package to anyone. Don't waste your money on this trip.

Original review: May 1, 2019

This a biggest looting firm. They were milking money from customers due to the last moment confusion when Jet Airways cancelled their flights. Their website was showing only expensive alternative travel options. Finally I was informed by my friends to check Air India website directly and I managed to book my tickets for the next day within my budget.

I did another booking through MMT in that confusion, at 11.00 PM, and later realised it was just one way that was costing me 120000 INR. I immediately tried calling Make My Trip customer care and no one answered the call even after keeping me on hold for 1 hours 30 min.. The next day, when I called them at 5.00 am they said, "You will be charged a cancellation fee of 50000," just bacuse it was next business day. I tried explaining them no one from MMT picked my call and how am I responsible for that. They just disconnected my call. This is their customer service. Please stay away from them.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Terrible customer service. MakeMyTrip seems to have a bunch of frauds and scamsters. I booked my two way flight from MakeMyTrip from Mumbai to Toronto and Toronto to Mumbai. From Mumbai to Toronto, because my flight was from Jet Airways, it got cancelled. When I tried contacting their office, NOBODY picks up and an automated voice just cuts the call. The other numbers are useless too. I even sent in a mail to which I received NO reply. I visited the Jet office and stood there for 2 hours post which they told me that our flight from Mumbai to Toronto holds cancel and that refund will be given by the travel agent. Till this point, I received no notification from MakeMyTrip.

Few days later I receive an automated message from MakeMyTrip stating that our Jet Airways flight is cancelled and the refund shall be initiated soon ('thanks' for the late response, I am glad I was not counting on MMT). We were still relieved that our return journey from Toronto to Mumbai which was through a different airlines still stands working. Yesterday by chance I could get in contact, with one of their representative who told me that my ENTIRE journey has been cancelled. We were never informed about the return journey being cancelled too. The manager I spoke to Ms ** was extremely rude and kept pinpointing our fault that we should have called MMT, we should have mailed them, even before doing her homework wherein we called them several times and even dropped them an email before.

She was just not ready to listen and kept saying it's our fault that we didn't check the eticket number. Now because of this carelessness from MakeMyTrip, I have to incur losses worth lakhs! What do we pay you convenience fee for? To have a careless approach towards your customers and not bother about them? To be rude to your customers? In the past I had done several corporate bookings through MakeMyTrip. I shall NEVER recommend MakeMyTrip to any user anymore, be it my friends, family and acquaintance. Also I shall definitely approach the consumer court and spread this terrible attitude of MakeMyTrip towards its customers. HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED. Thank you so much for ruining my entire vacation. Please do NOT use MakeMyTrip for any bookings.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Because of MakeMyTrip.com my family is going through a mental trauma from this morning. My family was visiting me (I am in US) from India and supposed to travel this morning to JFK. They booked tickets for 2 adults and 2 kids more than a month ago through MakeMyTrip.com and got confirmation of booking. When they were in the airport to check in for the flight, the people at the counter informed them that only the 2 kids ticket was confirmed by MakeMyTrip.com and the adults do not have tickets. They had to cancel all the tickets as the kids cannot travel alone.

After all this happened MakeMyTrip.com agents were non responsive for several hours. and finally after 12 hours of being on call with them , they booked tickets for them for a week later. There were tickets available earlier than that and they refused to book because of the price. The issue was caused due to a clerical mistake or a mistake from an agent at Makemytrip.com. What kind of a customer satisfaction does this company have? They do not value for others' time and money. Ultimately it is a total loss of one week's vacation for my family and lot of mental stress for more than 24 hours. My advice to whoever is reading this post, please do not ever book through MakeMyTrip.com. They are the worst company and agents out there.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I had canceled the ticket in the month of Feb. So far the refund has not been done my MMT, it's been 2 months since the cancellation. I am only getting their mail stating they are looking into the matter. They will revert in 24 hours, same mail is repeated every day, they are not serious of public money. Such agents have to be black listed. What is the use of giving such big ads in the media when they cannot give proper service to their customers. If it was MMT to get money they will ensure the last penny is sent to them. I would like to know if there any platform where we can complain for their cancellation of their license. Regards, Sham **

Original review: April 23, 2019

SInce Jet Airways suspended their operations, MakeMyTrip app is not working anywhere. We trust that MakeMyTrip is for ease of operation of users. In such a specific condition they should be more active to win customer confidence but it is not happening. Connecting is the key to win confidence which is missing at all.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Hello Friends. I am Kapil & I am sharing a my experienced with MakeMyTrip. MakeMyTrip is a Fraud Company. They have no value of words. All Management are so irresponsible and faked. According to me don't use MakeMyTrip for any travels because there are loot Money and given by bad service.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I have booked ticket through guest user, after successful payment I have not received ticket details on 3rd April with travelling date of 15th and 18th April. After 2 days I contact customer care, they were not able to find any transaction with details of mail, contact no., traveller name, secondary mail. Customer care executive was unable to find any ticket details throughout week. (All conversation on Call and some of on mail). One of executive told that, "Sir ticket is not cleared. MMT has initiated refund on 5th April." So checked with bank, but bank has denied. Send statement to MMT for cross check. I have sent mail on 14th, 16th & 18th April. Send mail to MMT for refund status.

Now on 21 April received call from MMT and now they are saying ticket was already booked and shared to Mail which was mentioned on ticket. Whole of the 10 Days executive were unable to find ticket details. Now on 21st after both journey date they are saying this... Pathetic response. This is just only not to give refund. And executive is not accepting their fault, as earlier they have informed about refund and ticket is not clear.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Would like to show a classic case how MMT (MakeMyTrip) cheats consumers? Here's a case - if you're in a hurry for a Tourist VISA & book an international flight via MakeMyTrip, you'll go for a Travel Insurance like in Schengen countries it's mandatory. Interestingly their same "Apollo Munich" company insurance for domestic sectors has "trip delay & cancellation" + much more clauses than mere 11 clauses in International segment but they charge you a real high premium (straight double premium than their rivals/partners, compare before you go for them) for a small sum-assured in the latter segment. They don't even share the plan with you. Seemingly in most cases, flights get delayed in International Segment which they have not smartly covered as a clause where in you should be eligible to claim.

Another BIG SCAM they do is the policy premium copy that you receive has wrong "passport no." wherein once you register a claim, then it gets rejected by Apollo Munich as the details furnished in the policy copy is invalid and incorrect. When you talk to Customer Care, they easily wash off their hands & pass the blame to the technical errors in the system. Well, yea after every prepaid service, this is a nice alibi!! Please AVOID booking any Travel Insurance from MakeMyTrip. Else, you're on your own during your distress. My trip ID: **(that got cancelled and has @apollomunichins Travel insurance) & **(re-booked flight which got delayed from AMS). My email: **. Twitter: ** Traveler: My wife.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Hello all. Please do not waste your valuable time and money to make any booking on MakeMyTrip. The company has ZERO customer service. No one replies to emails, management emails bouncing back. Chat is like graveyard, and you are trying to chat with dead people. I have very bad experience and I lost my money. So please don't waste your time and money.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I booked this hotel through MakeMyTrip. Hotel name was ONE HOTELS IN CORBETT. I made full payment in advance for 2 cottages. However, on reaching the hotel I was shocked to see the pathetic condition. SEEPAGE ALL OVER IN THE ROOMS and dining area. Undergarments hanging in the balcony. We were 2 families with kids so decided not to stay there and stayed in some other hotel. I want full refund of my booking as the quality of the service provided by MMT is not up to the mark.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I will summarize the worst experience of the hotel 'The Rink Pavallion' Mussorie in following points.

1)Location is in Mall Road where taxies are not allowed. One has to walk long distance with luggage or coolie.
2)The Rink is only for name, NO SKATING is done.
3) The toilets are useless with little or no water supply, can't say about warm water.
4) Rooms are JUST OK.

5) Hotel has got its name and stars only because of Heritage property, but who wants only heritage or history after long tiring tours.

I would suggest to convert this place as tourist site instead of hotel property seeing its ancestral records. "MAKE MY TRIP PLEASE RETURN MY HARD EARNED MONEY FOR THIS HOTEL."

Original review: April 18, 2019

Hi, I booked a hotel in Trivandrum and was denied check in because the hotel did not receive that amount. It was 11pm in the night and I was travelling alone. I had a early morning flight from here and from 8:30 pm I was waiting for the customer care to get back to me. I made 5 calls to them all with the promise of getting a call back from them within 15 mins. Forget a call back each time. The executive on the phone was apologetic and very prompt in transferring my call and that is all I got from them. I am a woman and the treatment from MMT I got was just not correct. My constant tweets or phone calls none got them to respond. Don't know how MNC can treat their customers this way. #frustrated and #helpless. Regards, Akriti.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Hello Team, I made a booking with MakeMyTrip. Paid 90 pounds per day for hotel in London. The images shown very fake of the rooms. MakeMyTrip is not reliable. And fake. I will suggest all my family members and friend not to book with MMT.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I was trying to book a flight ticket through MakeMyTrip app and it threw an error in the last screen. It happened twice so I switched to a different app and booked my ticket. To my surprise, I got an email from MakeMyTrip saying my booking is confirmed. I got shocked because app had failed and I never entered the OTP for credit card transaction. When I called MMT support, they said transaction is successful. When I asked them how, they said since I had the card information saved in the app it pulled the money directly from there without asking me for any OTP. They hung up the call saying that. When I tried to call their support again, I found that they had blocked me from calling them through their IVR system. I can't reach their support at all now. Fraudulently they sucked money from my credit card and now I have no one to complain.

Original review: April 15, 2019

We had a horrible experience with the outstation cab we booked through MMT. I am writing this so that other can also learn a lesson. First of all the driver sent by MMT was just 19 years old without any commercial driver license (which we got to know later during the trip) and we were going to Ooty where an expert driver can drive. We realized later that if any accident would have happened who would have taken the responsibility. Second the driver pretended he did understand Hindi nor English no even the word “stop.” Second day we hear him speaking Hindi nicely so he was lying. He did a lot of other annoying things that we ignored.

Then came bigger things. He took our card for diesel and charged 4000. Later we got to know that he had a setting with the petrol pump and actual diesel was filled worth 2000 only. Entire two days he was passing each and every information to someone on phone. My mother even pointed out but we took it lightly jokingly saying he must be talking to his gf. More things to come. We were returning to Coonoor from Ooty and we were showing him the way throughout because he did not know even a single way. But suddenly as soon as we reached Coonoor we had to go to a nearby cafeteria but he diverted the route. We kept shouting, "Stop the cab" but for next 5 minutes he speeded the cab and did not listen to us.

Finally my mother threatened him of police and she started opening the door. When all four of us (four ladies) almost shouted then he stopped. Somehow we managed to return to the hotel. We complained MMT but we had to follow up at least 5-6 times. There was no bus nor train and we had our flights to catch from Bangalore. Finally a good MMT support guy helped us and arranged a cab another morning. We missed more than half of the placed because of this driver. I do not know what he was planning but please please never trust MMT drivers. They are not verified. And this guy did not even have a commercial license. I don't know if he had any criminal record also. I risked my and my family's life because of MMT. Please do not trust.

MakeMyTrip.com Company Information