MakeMyTrip.com

Compare Travel Agencies

Research top Travel Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had done a booking for a cab from Rajkot to Bhavnagar on the 12th August 2017 for my family of 4 (2 kids). I paid the full money for the cab which was booked for 1400 IST. The mail that I received on booking was driver number will be shared 2 hours before the said booking. Upon landing there is no message nor a cab waiting. I did contact them on customer care. They replied, “We are sorry no cabs available.” They cheated me out of the service as now I am struggling to get a cab and gonna miss a deadline where I needed to be. They didn't have the decency to inform us earlier that we could me an alternative arrangement. I need my compensation for the hardship that my kids and family went through to deal with getting to our destination.

I wish I had read the reviews on MakeMyTrip.com before booking my flights with them. I hope I would be able help some travellers in future to avoid this mistake. My Return flight from DEL to JFK was booked by MakeMyTrip.Com: DEL to CDG (Paris), ORY (Paris) to JFK. Notice CDG (Paris) and ORY (Paris) two different airports. I take partial responsibility for not calling France Embassy but I did call the Airlines to check if I would need Visa. But MakeMyTrip should not even give such stupid options where the stopover requires going out of the airport. I thought there might be shuttle by the AirFrance to transfer people between two airports. I had updated my passport information on MakeMyTrip.com. Still no warning about Visa by them.

On the Delhi Airport the Air France staff said I need some kind of Visa to board the flight though I have USA green card. They told me CDG and ORY airports are hours apart. They did not let me board the flight from Delhi. I had USA phone with me on the Delhi airport and spent hours on international calling rates, trying to get an alternative ticket through MakeMyTrip for hour+ time. Even to buy a new ticket I was on hold for 30 minutes. I dropped the call with MakeMyTrip, I called another Travel Agent, bought an alternative flight in 15 minutes for US$940, received the email and came to USA.

I was trying to book an intl flight for 4 passengers from Chennai to Bangkok and the amount MakeMyTrip showed was 87,500 whereas on Thai Airways it was showing 85,500. Plus MMT was charging a convenience fees of Rs.1960, this adds up to excess of 4000… and when you call them they say "Yes we can give you best offer. We can reduce charges of 2000 on full ticket…" Ha ha what a joke! First they are charging excess of 4000 and then they are giving 2000 discount. People please always check direct airline's websites and only then book tickets.

Never do booking on this site. Horrible experience I got. I did bus booking on the site from Mumbai a day prior for my family holiday. When I reached the pickup point and waited for bus half an hour with family and when bus came, bus operators told me there is no booking on my name when I had valid eticket and PNR number. When I called MakeMyTrip customer care the representative blatantly told me to wait there for 24 hours to resolve my query when entire trip booking already done. I lost money plus my family suffered and holiday went in vain. Never ever book on this website.

I booked a ticket for a passenger who does not have a surname. She has only a first name and her surname is blank as per her passport. I have entered the correct details while booking the ticket and it even asks for a confirmation stating that you have not entered the surname, pls confirm if it matches the passport. Once I confirm when the ticket is generated, the first name came out with her title (e. g Ms) and last name came out with the first name that I entered. I have made at least 10 call over 10 days to the support to rectify the name but absolutely no response.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MakeMyTrip.com?

I have the worst experience in international flight booking from MakeMyTrip. I am a student and had booked a flight to US via Makemytrip and had informed them at the time of booking that I need an additional 23 kgs of student baggage that is allowed by the airlines. While the agent of Makemytrip confirmed that the same is allowed on phone call at the time of booking the ticket, I was asked to email them the documents (F1 Visa copy and I-20). After 3 days of chasing and numerous calls they told me that Etihad doesn't give additional student baggage. While my friend booked the same flight for same day via Paytm and he got the additional student baggage.

Makemytrip is the worst agent for international flight booking, and NEVER book your flights from them. I booked the ticket via Makemytrip because I was getting a cash back of 2000 rupees but it has costed me heavily. Moreover their unprofessional behavior is what miffed me more. I repeat, don't ever book your flights from Makemytrip, they are the worst travel agents for flight booking.

I booked 2 tickets for my family on MMT.com from COK to DEL. After booking I realized that the connection had a 20+ hour layover in Mumbai so I requested cancellation and rebooking on a direct flight. Now I see my bank account has been debited TWICE but the new ticket has not been issued nor is it visible on the website. Also on the website the old booking shows the COK-BOM as "cancellation in progress" but BOM-DEL as "confirmed" which makes no sense. Tried calling their call center but it is IVR hell, impossible to reach an operator. Moreover I am in Kenya right now and having to hold at ISD rates is crazy.

My booking of ticket (Spicejet Flt SG942 for Thiruvananthapuram-Delhi) on 17th July 2017 is cancelled on the same date between 3 hours gap. But yet my agent didn't received refund amount. I have all evidences. I am forcing to display all this in medias.

I was try to book a train ticket on 11-06-17. Due to network problem or some issue the booking was unsuccessful but money is deducted from my bank account but I didn't receive any ticket. After so many calls and complaints I received my money at 28th. I believed that if I didn't make continuous call to customer care and my bank definitely I didn't receive my amount because the vendor is told me that they processed the amount on 16th and transferred to bank. I crosschecked with the bank and they informed that there is no credit in amount on that day. MakeMyTrip doesn't care about customer time and money. They are providing worst service.

OMG! What do I have to say, folks. Please DO NOT BOOK MMT FOR LADAKH trip because we were there from 5th June to 12 June 2017. As soon as you land in Leh no representative is there to even care about you, you have call them, tour managers are so hopeless in Leh, a guy called Shailesh and other idiot lady whose name I forgot bluffed. Hotels booked are hopeless, they only show good on website. At the end moment they change which has no hot water nor tea or coffee in the rooms in the bloody cold. After writing email to a MMT manager Mr ** didn't even bother to respond to our emails from past two weeks. Please guys do not book over MMT. They will just ruin your holiday and spend lakhs of money to suffer.

VERY BAD EXPERIENCE. We have booked Abasar resort at Tajpur (West Bengal) through MakeMyTrip (Ref. Booking ID: ** Dtd: 24-25th June 2017) for a family tour with my 5 years old kids but his owner Mr. ** has cancelled the booking as per Hotel owner "They told we do not accept any MakeMyTrip booking." When I contacted with MakeMyTrip customer care over phone 1st time they listen everything and told us "wait there. Our representative will call you within 10 minutes" but that 10 minutes not came... After 30 minutes I tried to connect MakeMyTrip but after verification my call disconnected and we were standing outside resort around 3 hours. After long wait we have cancelled the tour and get back to home. How irresponsible? Never book any ticket/hotel from MakeMyTrip. DO NOT EVER TRY GO ABASAR RESORT.

While booking ticket through Makemytrip, payment was processed but ticket booking was failed and we received the message of sorry and book again. Due to urgency, we did not taken the chance to book via same portal and we booked through other. But after 7 days, no refund was received and we checked out with makemytrip. They told us that our ticket was actually booked that time and email was delivered to you after 45 mins. I explained that I can't process same transaction which was failed once. They accepted my view but never refunded back after follow-up of 25 days.

They mentioned that Singapore Airlines is not cooperating but I stated that, "I have nothing to do with airline. You are the one through which I booked." They are now saying yes and yes and yes... "You are right sir. You are right sir...” But no refund. Be careful public. More stranger the status displaying on their website against ticket refund of this site is "Cancellation request accepted and refund initiated" which is fake.

App which they developed is very buggy (faulty) and I have to pay more money cause of their messy app. There no option to negative otherwise I will give -5. And after searching other option found that we will get more discounted packages. Never use this app for bookings. It worst. You will frustrate once you do any booking. You cannot find your bookings in your trips section. ClearTrip, Yatra or other local service providers are best than this app. Others never gives false commitment.

And customer care is very worst. They only make you fool every time you need to explain all situation to all executive. After 5 days conversation (every time I called them) I finally feel that they are only doing drama. Nothing else. And for cancel package now I am bearing 35% of total package (which is around 15000 to 16000) and it high for me. Instead good and discounted package I got loss and frustration. Now uninstalling app for self satisfaction. I cannot do anything other. Celebrity like Ranveer and Aliya should not promote fraud company like MMT. #Thiefmytrip #MakeMeTemper.

Booking ID **. I had completed my onward flight and wanted to prepone my return flight, the app showed a refund amount of 42k while the ticket was 58k. I called the agent asked for the charges to prepone, and got a reply saying 28k plus price difference. Then I asked if the amount (42k) reflected in the app is genuine even after flying the onward flight and I was told it was genuine and the same amount will be refunded. I ended the conversation by saying I will go with cancelling through the app. I cancelled my flight on 3rd June.

The refund was supposed to reach my account in 6-7 days which didn't happen. When I called to check the progress I was told the amount was not genuine and I'll get around 13k of refund. I raised the issue to the supervisor (spoken to around 2 or 3 of them) and was told I'll get the amount that was promised after validating the calls. I was told the issue will be resolved in 48hrs which then went to 24 hrs and still goes on with 24 hrs every time I call. It's been 15 days since I cancelled my flight, 12 days since I'm calling for the progress and all I hear is wait for 24 hrs, 24 hrs and another 24 hrs until 18th June. Really horrible service. Fake promises. Totally fed up calling everyday. Frustration is reaching limits. Can someone tell me how many more 24 hrs will I have to wait.

Update: 19th June. The supervisor I spoke to says I won't get any refund and I will owe 2k as the onward fare charges were 61k and the validating team has refused to pay up the amount promised I. e 42k. Now what should I do. Firstly the team is making fake promises. Secondly they are not consistent on the refund amount which changes every now and then. This is MakeMyTrip which can also be termed as FakeMyTrip. Never believe these fakers.

I had made flight & hotel bookings for my Kerala trip in May. I had booked Hotel Camp Noel in Munnar based on the high ratings at MMT and nice pictures of the resort. Unfortunately, it is so much inferior and the roads were JUST TERRIBLE. With the Rains, most of the roads were completely washed out and it was scary traveling through a deserted jungle area. Our Innova Car got stuck up multiple times and hotel person admitted that the access roads to the hotel were not OK and agreed for the cancellation of 2 rooms X 2 room night bookings through MMT (**). With 2 Senior citizen and 2 kids, I had to take a decision to return back after a horrible road journey of close to 12 hours (more than double the expected time).

The phone & internet lines were poor & I tried to contact MMT many times during the day. The experience had been extremely pathetic and the service representatives' competency levels were absolutely poor and unacceptable. THEY HAD NO UNDERSTANDING OF CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. After KEEPING ME ON HOLD several times, I discussed with 3-4 persons and requested that they should book us in another hotel for 1 night in Central Munnar. Unfortunately, their understanding & decision making was so poor, they just ended up with stereotype message "We will discuss with seniors and call you back," which they NEVER DID. Every person requested for SOME TIME to process the refund & today After ALMOST ONE MONTH, I have NOT RECEIVED ANY REFUND NOR ANY CALLS.

Is this the level of service offered by MMT? I must have purchased Lakhs of Rupees of service through MMT for myself, family and Organizations and this has been WORST experience. In general, I must say, MMT service is getting WORSE day by day and I have already switched over to competitor for future bookings. I expect an immediate reply else I need to take up the matter with Consumer forum, so that other travelers do not suffer such horrible experience and spoil their vacation like us.

I urge MMT to immediately refund the hotel booking amount and compensate Rs. 10,000.- per person for spoiling the trip and wasting our valuable vacation time. If MMT management express the slightest doubt and fails to comply with these amounts, I will be compelled to contemplate a stronger action and for sure cause damages to the reputation of MMT and these would be much higher. Please let me have immediate reply on **.

DO NOT BOOK CAB THRU MMT. You get an option of making full payment while booking and if you do that, your driver will not turn up as they have internal issue with payments. I booked the cab today and got 2 sms with different driver details. Both of them denied to come due to payment issue. My pick up is scheduled at 9.00 am tomorrow and right now at 12.26 am, I don't have any driver. Spoke to MMT team, they made call to driver and he confirmed in front of them but called a minute later and asked me to speak to them again as he wouldn't come. I called again and the guy said, "We are sitting and coordinating for you at this hour and driver will come." I asked them to cancel the booking, for which he said, "We will cancel the booking but you won't get any refund... company policy."

Shubham and Ankit are the guys I spoke at MMT. I asked them to give me driver details so that I can speak to the driver and confirm if he is coming or not and I haven't received any details as of now. I am on call with them right now and my call is on hold since last 8 minutes. I asked the guy, "Until what time should I not sleep", he said, "We are coordinating with the team." Which means they have no driver who is ready to come tomorrow. And if at all someone is ready to come, what is the guarantee he is not going to trouble me on the way. Mine is a 5 hour journey and I have no trust on MMT. My mistake that I ignored the reviews. Pathetic is a very small word for this organization.

Booked a ticket from us.makemytrip.com from SFO to BLR. Paid online and purchase is complete. MakeMyTrip Booking ID - **. Charged credit card. Booked on Monday, May 28th 2017 9:00 PM. Passenger was to travel on May 31st. Received email saying booking is complete and wait for another email tor e-tickets. No email was received. Called customer service twice on May 30th and by 1:00 pm the agent says he cannot issue ticket and Jet Airways cannot issue them. Was told money will be refunded in 72 hours. RIPOFF. Really and was in situation that we can't use money to buy alternative tickets. Not only that passenger couldn't travel. I have never seen in my 20 years of flying that the website confirms booking but cannot issue tickets. It is meaningless, never happened to me before with Expedia or other websites. SHAME on them. There should be a way to stop them from conducting business this way.

18th May 2017. Horrible experience MakeMyTrip & RN Holidays. My booked hotel Deccan Park Resort confirmed booking but I arrival Deccan Park Resorts ooty says not your booking confirmed, sorry. I call make my trip 45 minutes, hold my call & says "Sorry sir, sold out & RN Holidays available". It's not a hotel, it's (3rd class lodge). I request. Please help me my refund. Thanks.

I was traveling in the month of April from Male to my hometown Delhi by SpiceJet. Due to some technical issue the airline got delayed. Since I had to take another connecting flight from Delhi, so SpiceJet suggested me to take another flight and told me that they will refund the amount within 3 days, which they did before the time frame to the MakeMyTrip. This was done on 13th of April by SpiceJet to MakeMyTrip. It's been over one and half month the MakeMyTrip has not refunded my money back to the account which was used for payment.

MakeMyTrip is just playing with the mails and every day asking me to share the bank statement and expecting me to see the branch personally and follow up with them, which would cost me 800$. Every time someone replies from MakeMyTrip, they just copy and paste the previous mails, don't even bother to check up on the concern. I am sure they are investing the customers money in some other way. I would suggest all my friends and viewers to be away from this fraud travel agent. Their service is pathetic.

I made an international booking from Kolkata to Narita (Japan) using China Eastern on 12th March and paid a total sum of INR 204,825. I called up MakeMyTrip in early May about some assistance and was told that the flight has been rescheduled. To my utter surprise I never received the schedule change mail. Anyway I asked for the change and was told that my connecting flight was rescheduled so that instead of reaching in the afternoon I will now reach late evening at about 9 pm. My onward schedule of the whole group was in a mess so I decided to cancel the entire group booking. Two days later I received a call from MakeMyTrip that the tickets have been cancelled and that I will receive a full refund.

Now it is twenty days past, I have been following up with them about the refund and they say they are chasing the airline. I fail to understand why and how they can hold on to my money like this. They keep telling me, we are working on it. To my utters surprise now when I go to my account in MakeMyTrip I find that against my journey a refund of INR 134,201 has been initiated. Where is the balance??? No satisfactory answer for this. I am at a loss to understand how they can eat my money like this and still be in business. BEWARE THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD. It is using the customer money and funding their business. Can we take up the matter with IATA, please advise.

Because of booking in MakeMyTrip.com I had lost 10,000. When I had reached them for help they just said it's my headache and refused to help me. Don't book through this app. They will leave you in mid-ocean. If you want to lose your money book through this.

MMT - THE WORST TRAVEL COMPANY. I booked a package thru MMT. My interaction started with their travel specialist in the month of Dec 2016 for a travel date in May 2017. This is the worst experience of my life and would recommend people to avoid MMT for any package. No proper handover. Multiple people interacting & no one is aware of what is happening. Horrible customer service who makes you wait for a minimum 20 mins for any query to be answered. Visa team sucks big time as they collect the document a week before the travel and no proper communication. I had to follow up multiple times on when the visa would be done. MMT is filled with arrogant, poor communication and irresponsible people. I lost close to 1 lakh because of their irresponsible behavior and the worst thing is MMT reps DO NOT want to own up their mistake.

This will not last too long MMT. You have lost one customer and I am sure if you continue to operate like this you will lose many more. People engage with companies like you to ensure they can travel without hassles but this trip has been the worst experience of our lives and sure many people have had similar experiences. I urge people to NOT use MMT if you want to have a good vacation.

Pathetic Customer Service - We had booked a tour package from Hyd-Delhi-Mussoorie-Nainital and this package also included a cab for the entire tour. When we landed in Delhi, this cab was there to pick us up but the cab and its driver were not up to our expectations as it was not clean. We had in fact clearly mentioned in our "Car Service" request that "We are very specific for a clean vehicle and a very clean and professional driver".

From the Delhi Airport we called Make My Trip and they asked me Who my Travel agent was and when I told them who it was they told me that he is not around and a call back would be arranged after an hour. I was taken aback at the lack of concern and the casualness at which my concern was being handled. I told them that I cannot wait for an hour with my kids in the parking lot of an Airport. At which I was told that a call back would be arranged in 30 minutes. So we waited but we never got any call back, so I called back and this some other executive picked up to whom I had to explain the entire issue again to which I was told that a call back will be arranged with the back end team.

From these conversations with Make My Trip I was able to understand that Make My Trip has a "pathetic Customer service" and we decided to proceed with the cab provided to us as we could no longer wait in the extremely hot parking lot as the kids were getting restless. So we informed the driver that we would like him to drive us to Mussoorie and later we will talk to Make My Trip as we were not receiving any reply from them but the driver now was not willing drive us to Mussoorie unless he got a go ahead from his owner/manager for this one way trip. He drove us out of the airport as the his parking charges would increase but he kept stopping by the roadside to wait for the confirmation from his manager/owner and I was trying to reach Make My Trip with no success.

In the meanwhile the driver suggested I talk to the cab coordinator (the go between the cab owner and Make My Trip) and when I spoke to him he also suggested that I talk to Make My Trip and later take a decision but I was not able to get through to Make My Trip and neither did I receive the promised call back from the back end team. In the end the driver spoke to his manager/owner and he said he will not able to drive us to Mussoorie as we might terminate his services after reaching there and he dropped at us at a Mall.

So we decided to make our own arrangements and booked a cab through OLA and proceeded to Mussoorie and it was only at around 2 PM that I was able to get hold of an executive from Make My Trip and I was again told that a call back would be arranged which I only received at around 6 PM. And this executive, if I remember a RAVI something after listening to my concern said that they Make My Trip will not be able to provide a cab of our specifications and he also had the nerve to say that all cab drivers are not clean and if they are clean why would they be drivers and transport vehicles are not clean. He also said that Make My Trip will not be able to provide us the cab as he had cancelled the cab which was provided without Make My Trip's consent and I told him that it was Make My Trip which never called us back.

So he said that he will get back to us and he called us back. He told us that Make My Trip was willing to give us 20000 for the entire cab expenses or will try and provide a cab for the rest of the trip and when I told him that the trip from Delhi to Mussoorie itself costed us 10000 he told that it was not their concern as we had cancelled the cab at our own accord. He literally took advantage of the situation in which we were and told us that Make My Trip will only try to arrange a cab for the rest of trip if I did not ask of reimbursement of the Delhi to Mussoorie trip and kept pushing me (it was a blackmail) to say that I will not ask for the reimbursement and also he wanted to send him a mail to this effect.

I had no other option but to agree and send a mail saying that I will not ask for the reimbursement as I was told that Make My Trip will starting checking if they can provide the cab only after the receipt of the mail. Later he called me and told us that they are not able to provide us the cab for the rest of the trip as there are no cabs available in Delhi. I was surprised that a company like Make My Trip has no vendors in Mussoorie and that executive Ravi ** was also rude. When I wanted to talk to his superiors, he said that they do not talk to customers and it was their instructions that he was following. At the end of the call I told him categorically that I will first need to talk to his manager and it is only later that I will decide on status of the compensation.

I have not received any call from Make My Trip after this and all this happened on the first day of my trip, i.e. the 6th of May 2017. I never expected this sort of customer service from an Organization like Make My Trip which prides itself in being able customize the trips as per the customer requirements were not able to arrange for cab. It was extremely pathetic and disappointing customer service from Make My Trip.

Travel because am not sure I will opt MakeMyTrip for my any future holiday with this experience. My whole honeymoon was not at all pleasant. Day 3 Neil Island- We checked out at 10:00 am and driver left us at Bharatpur beach under scorching Sun. We were simply waiting until 2:30 pm under the Sun for driver to came and pick us. There was not any activity to do into the beach. We do not have any particular room or shade to wait in such a hot weather. My wife got sick due to the temperature and using public toilet at beach whole. She got infection and started vomiting. At that moment there was not anyone from MakeMyTrip to help or assist and due to poor network my mobile is also not working as am using Vodafone network.

Then I hired an auto to bring my wife to nearest medical shop and get her some medicine and we were waiting at footpath with all luggage in our hand. Finally I borrowed mobile from a stranger and a called Mr Rajan and told him all the issue which we face then he sent a driver to pick us and drop in a hotel to get refresh for an hour. If we do not get that refreshment for an hour my wife might be fainted. I am currently staying in US and roam all around the world and never been experienced this kind of hospitality ever that on my honeymoon trip. It's not wrong to say MakeMyTrip spoiled my honeymoon as I will not bring any good memory from this holiday in spite of all the trouble from day 1.

I clearly mentioned earlier that I want best accommodation with all respect starting from hotel booking to Cruise. For Cruise also I pay every time extra buck to upgrade my seat from premium (which is lower class) to Royal Class. I asked customization into my trip paid 58000 INR to get best accommodation which quite high compare to a normal trip for 4 days but in return I didn't get such accommodation.

I travel a lot, internationally and around the US. I want to start off by saying that I know it is better, in the long run, to buy from the airlines. That being said I did not this time. I was trapped in Indonesia and needed a few tickets. Unfortunately I chose Make My Trip (MMT). My traveling companion did not get to go due to Visa issues. The seat next to me was sold on the planes. I requested a refund from MMT via phone. The company is based out of India and their "English" was anything but after several hours on the phone, I became fed up and disconnected. I attempted via email and was able to correspond somewhat.

Make My Trip applied an amazing amount of deductions that brought the original ticket price of $1,300 to a refund of $620. I begrudgingly complied, what else I can do against an international company? MMT agrees to deposit the funds in 3-10 business days. That was almost 3 weeks ago. For the past 4 days they send me multiple emails a day requesting authorization to process my payment of $502!!! Over $100 less than what was originally agreed upon. At this rate I will get $20 next summer.

I am writing this email with great disappointment.. I was fine all through the trip until I came to the Srinagar Airport only to realize that my relatives flight from Srinagar to Delhi was delayed by couple of hours that made them to miss the connecting flight at Delhi.. When I came to know the delay, I called up the customer service and requested them for rebooking the connecting flight since the jet airways told me that the booking was made by MakeMyTrip and the rebooking should be done only by MakeMyTrip. When I called at 9 this morning, Jet Airways said very clearly that all I had to pay is close to 18k for 5 passengers if they had to rebook the tickets for the 8 pm Flight.

I had to call multiple times to Mr. ** and only to hear back from him that he had to wait to hear back from the airlines booking team. BY the time, I heard back from his manager at 12 noon, the cost went up and ended up requesting my relatives to book a fresh tickets from Delhi to Chennai that costed us 50k. Just because, I trusted you guys, I had to pay 50k. If I had done booking myself, I should have used a common sense to have a good break in Delhi knowing that the Jet flies from a different terminal.

I also requested on April 4th to see on why MakeMyTrip booked tickets for my relatives with a very short break. MakeMyTrip folks blindly said that they couldn't get any availability on other flights. It is so funny that my relatives took the SpiceJet flight at Delhi (2:35 pm) which I would suppose MakeMyTrip should have booked at the first instance. Why one would book the connecting flight from Jet when you are flying from Srinagar to Delhi in SpiceJet??? These are the things MakeMyTrip should have considered while making booking for me. I have no idea on why these guys booked at Jet when there is a SpiceJet flight available at 2:35.

Inspite of me calling multiple times from the airport, all I heard from him was just absurd responses. I was expecting MakeMyTrip reps to give me confidence rather they were very arrogant today. This is unacceptable after paying 3.5 lacs for a trip. Actually, me, my wife and my kids are good with flying back to Hyderabad but it was for my in-laws who are aged and their grandchildren who are 4 and 9 years respectively who are stranded at the Srinagar Airport with no clue since all the booking was done through me. I lost complete trust from my in-laws and it was shame for me to leave the young kids stranded in the airport for hours together.

If I had not spoken to you guys, I could have managed talking to the airlines and made the rebooking with less penalty but I trusted you guys and it not only costed me 50k but also I lost trust from my family who insisted me to go through Cox and Kings but I made them to go for MakeMyTrip. I have made many travels myself but never been ditched like this before.. Please DONT DO ANY BOOKING from MakeMyTrip.

Please don't book tickets thru MakeMyTrip. I booked train ticket through this MMT and suffered. While booking I selected the desired berth but after booking when I got the confirmation mail the berth's were completely changed. When I called them to ask, I got the response stating they are not responsible for it and asked me to contact IRCTC. The executive provided me the contact number of IRCTC which didn't work. Somehow I contacted IRCTC. They asked me to manage with the other passengers as nothing can be done now. Please directly book your tickets through IRCTC. Don't go for MMT as nothing is there in their hands and if something goes wrong they will blame the IRCTC. I used it for the first time and they failed to live up to the expectations. Overall a very very horrible experience.

I write this to express my severe dissatisfaction with a recent trip that I took with MakeMyTrip.com to visit Kerala. We booked for a 2-night tour to visit Kerala, arriving in Cochin on 27/12/2016. The trip included pick-up from airport, Cochin sight-seeing, Alleppey Houseboat tour, and Kumarakom. All of the trip was tailor-made by MakeMyTrip according to our interests with a detailed itinerary. But I have to say that the driver went ahead with an itinerary of his own. And this is how the trip went downhill for me.

First of all, it started with him postponing the Cochin sightseeing for a later date, saying that from 17.00 onwards there is nothing to see in the city. We listened to him and let him drop us early at the hotel after which we had the whole evening to ourselves without any plans. The next day he dropped us at the houseboat departure point in Alleppey, which had been booked previously. On the way he took us to some museums, which were not in the itinerary. Thus, making us pay huge amounts of money on things that were not listed in the trip. This too was out of his own free will, perhaps gathering him commissions for bringing in tourists (I was accompanied by my non-Indian husband).

The next day when our houseboat trip was over and he had to pick us up from the location, he was late by almost an hour (his excuse was a flat tyre, which we had reasons to not believe) while we were standing waiting for him for ~1 hour in the heat at 34C. After that we were supposed to go to Kumarakom, which according to him was not a possibility (because Cochin still needed to be visited which he postponed saying the trip would remain unchanged!).

We had an argument with him about this and he then asked us to pay him some more money if we wanted to go to Kumarakom!! At this point, we were really worried that he would charge us no matter what we said. When we insisted that Kumarakom was something we had planned long time back, he tried to convince us that we will miss our plane if we did Kumarakom and Cochin together.

We took our chances and said we will do visit both places. But he still missed a lot of things in the itinerary, and maintained his stern stance of not caring. This was really very very annoying. Later on we visited some places after repeated coercion and still made it on time to the airport to catch our flight. Overall, the trip could have been much nicer without this guy hijacking the itinerary. Additionally as mentioned in the itinerary for the driver, we were supposed to be given water bottles on board which was never provided to us. These are only a few things that came to my notice. There could have been more anomalies on his part in the entire trip which are unknown to us.

I expected the team at MakeMyTrip to take the firm measures to ensure that this kind of nuisance doesn't trouble future travelers who book a trip with them. But they could not resolve the matter even after repeated communication. Later on they furnished false facts where they claimed that there was no fault on the part of the driver. These facts somehow indicate instead that I'm the one presenting false facts. I wouldn't advise anyone in the future to buy tours with MakeMyTrip. I have learnt my lesson.

Booked IXE-BLR-MAA return flight on Makemytrip.com in March 2017. Noted one spelling error. One S instead of A in one of the passengers. Both Spicejet and Jet Airways graciously agreed to make the small correction but makemytrip insisted that the ticket (one passenger) need to be rebooked and difference amount Rs 1956 has to be paid. They kept explaining the new rules and technicalities. Had a conference call with Jet airways. They also agreed but not makemytrip. Simply exploit the small spelling error! Many time I have noted suddenly at the moment of making the payment airfares suddenly go up by Rs 1000! Supposedly airlines suddenly increased the fare! It took me well over 2 hours, Rs 1956 and mental agony for just ONE spelling error. What a graceless, thankless service. I was a regular on makemytrip but feel disgusted and will not use the portal again.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I made a online payment of RS.14070 through their site for my reserved hotel Alleppy Ramada and not getting any confirmation on the payment or updated voucher. I was keep on calling MakeMyTrip every day for 4 days and everyone says that they can see that I made the payment and I will get confirmation in next 24-48 hours. It was ongoing for 4 days and now someone said I will get a refund and I have to wait for another five days. I received a call from another person same day saying that he don't have any idea about refund and saying the same thing that I will get a confirmation in 24-48 hours. It is really frustrating. Never trust their words.

MakeMyTrip.com Company Profile