1.14/5
Based on 88 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: April 25, 2018

377 MakeMyTrip.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 25, 2018

My references number of train booking with MakeMyTrip is **, I had received the confirmation from MMT at 10.32 am but till now there is no confirmation from MMT side about my seat and coach number. It is more than 45 mins and still there is no confirmation from their side. Tried calling their customer care but it only provides information about bus booking. I'll never recommend anyone to book Tatkal tickets from MMT in any case. They don't have value of your time. Now when I checked on IRCTC it shows waiting list of 50 and I can't even cancel my ticket with IRCTC or MMT.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Drivers have liberty to lie, make passengers wait. The driver assigned for this trip calls us and tells to wait for another cab with different driver as he himself is ill. The cab arrives more than 2 hours late at Chandigarh Airport. He takes us to Shimla, 70km before the destination and asks us to pay him half the amount and take another taxi, when we objected he made us wait for 30 minutes in Shimla while he was making phone calls and arranging another cab giving the reason that this is not his routine route and he isn't comfortable driving. The second driver comes and charges us more as he isn't concerned about our booking from MMT, he takes us to 3 kms before our destination and asks more money to drop us to hotel as it was 11 PM to which we agreed after a heated discussion, we informed our hotel about the incident and they had already come halfway of the last 3km to pick us up and we shifted to hotel's vehicle.

We planned our itinerary to reach our destination well before sunset but the trouble the drivers gave us made us cover a journey of 5 hours in 9 hours along with the harassment from drivers. Meanwhile the replacement driver is pleading us not to inform MMT about it as they might take action. My humble request to please take action, apologies for the delay in posting the review. Contact me if you need more details.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 22, 2018

I have booked a flight from Pune to Delhi on 19th April with Rs5400. On the next day I got a message that your request for cancellation is being processed. I have not requested for any cancellation. When I talked to operators, I came to know that someone from Canada's IP address has accessed my account and cancelled it. Only I know about my credentials. MMT's website is so weak that someone can access my account from different country. Looks like someone has used my id-password from their database. So it is MMT's fault not mine. I told MMT people that you got the proof that I have not requested for any cancellation, so you should give my money back. They are just refunding me 1600 which is even less than one third of the actual amount. I just want my money back as it's not my mistake.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Please do not book anything from MakeMyTrip. I had multiple nasty experiences. Agents are bunch of fools who does not coordinate or follow up with the case. They do not give your money back even if the problem is from their side or at their end. Very upset with this travel agent. One of the recent experience I would like to share is on 3rd of April 2018. I tried booking a flight for my parents on TruJet for the date 05-04-2018. I tried to do the booking using my mobile app. Then the page got stuck at the payment. We did not received any confirmation or booking ID either by email or by SMS but the amount of rupees 8139.00 has been debited from my bank.

I immediately called makemytrip and informed about this problem. Agent said that the booking was not successful and the amount will be credited back in to my account in 3 business working days. After 3 business working days, I called makemytrip again asking about the refund amount. Agent told me to send the bank statement. I forwarded the bank statement. On my next call I has a chat with agent and she said that the refund amount got struck at payment gateway and told me to please contact my bank.

I contacted my bank and they said nothing was received in to my account from Makemytrip. On my next call Agent told me that the refund amount did not processed as the booking ID was not generated. She said she will generate the booking ID and then process the refund amount within 72 hours. By this time this is 14th day since I have not received amount. Today I received a call from agent and he was saying that makemytrip sent me confirmation and booking ID through email and SMS. I told agent that I did not received any SMS or Email. He was insisting that the system has sent the booking ID. Honestly if the booking has been confirmed and the booking ID is generated, why would we do not fly?

I has confirmation from the first agent that the booking has been failed that the amount will be credited back in to my bank account. Now this agent is saying that email and SMS has been sent. This whole thing looks like a circus and I am very unhappy with makemytrip service. All your agents do not coordinate with each other and they start all over again from square one. Even though the prices looks tempting, I strongly recommend not to use makemytrip.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Worst ever experience with MakeMyTrip agency. Through their website based on their most recent scam of pay at hotel not advance, I booked a hotel for two days knowing that I can pay when I check out. So I booked it at Rs0/- on their website for Rs6635/- for two days. When I check out, nowhere was it non-refundable Rs.0/- not for Rs.6635/-. So I wanted to check out one day before, I need to pay for one night only but hotel staff refused to speak to me saying that MakeMyTrip would have to drop a mail to them. I called MakeMyTrip, they had no idea what to do, called the hotel, talked and they said that even though I don't stay at the hotel I have to pay the full amount. Say bogus move right, I should be able to pay the charges for one night not the other days I don't stay in.

My money is going to waste because of their bogus scam on ads for "pay at hotel". I should've known MakeMyTrip makes these bogus claims and takes all your money. My money is wrongfully claimed. There is no proper communication between hotel staff/manager and customer neither MakeMyTrip and them. Nobody knows what's going on and to make matters worse they worsen the stay of customer and take money more than it's worth. That's double. Nobody takes full responsibility.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MakeMyTrip.com?

Original review: April 11, 2018

This is going to be my last booking with MakeMyTrip. Took 15 days for a date change. I requested a date change on 26th March 2018 for a hotel booking in July 2018. Initially they gave 72 hr resolution promise. But that's plain BS. Every time I had to call them myself to ask about update and every freaking time they asked to wait for 24 hrs. I had accepted their extra charges right away but they are utterly useless bunch of people sitting there. They don't write you email about the promises. If the request resolution is delayed they give you Rs. 1000 wallet cash that is of no use. Because you can only use 5% at a time for booking at it gets expired before even your request is resolved!!! MakeMyTrip was much better before. Now it is going downhills with no hopes of returning.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Donate to a cause for a value of 5 rs was added to my invoice without consent or confirmation from me and with no option to remove it. This is an absolute outrage. I have no problems donating when I'm given a choice or my when my permission is taken. However, adding the amount to my invoice and forcing to pay it during my booking is a violation of my rights. This unpleasant detail has prevented me from using their services on principle and I will not be using MakeMyTrip in the future and will advise my friends and family against it.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Hi. I'm Nagarjun. I booked my bus ticket from Chennai to Bangalore at 6th March 2018. My Booking ID is **. The bus operator cancelled my trip due to bus mechanism issue. He didn't arrange alternative bus also. And he told, “You’re will be refunded within 2 days.” But still I didn't get my refund amount. I called more than 10 times to MakeMyTrip customer support. He didn't respond me and didn't arrange for justice. I don't know where is my money gone. Very worst customer support. I request you to all don't use MakeMyTrip. Waste of time and money.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Booked 6 Nights in Pattaya through MakeMyTrip and it was very dirty and greasy bathroom. Called MMT. No help. In 4 hours had to check out. No help. While on a trip or on stay with MMT, and book another hotel. On the spot asked for refund of my booking where have not stayed even a single night... booked all hotels and flights through but after 8 days of this matter Makemytrip said, "No refund." It is Makemytrip’s responsibility if any customer getting any problem with the hotel, flights or any holiday booked through them, but they back off from their policy and terms conditions, they should have told me on the same time not to check out as this will not be refunded but after 8 days said, "No refund." Pathetic customer service, poor quality policies and not secure to use them. TripAdvisor, Booking.com and Hotels are far far better options.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I booked Dubai Flights for 10 people, I was said use HDFC Card and get Rs.10,000/- cash back for this transaction. It's been two months since I have booked and have called, mailed numerous time only to be answered with get back in 24hrs and the ticket gets resolved by itself. They also converted my Payment to EMI and both MakeMyTrip.com and HDFC were not bothered to inform me about it. I am now charged with Interest & Fee. This issue is still not resolved.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I had booked ticket to travel Dubai and by mistake I had mistake on my name, which MMT didn't help me to resolve till the last day of travel. They have standard answer as "Backend team will call you" and "You have to wait for 2-6 hrs to get resolved". I had waited. Calling on daily basis asking about change request which never happened. Guys don't waste your money and time just for some perk provided by MMT. MMT support will spoil your trip Vacation, don't go with MMT.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Starting with my journey, the flight was of very poor quality followed by harassment while checking in at hotel as MakeMyTrip.com did not make the payment till the day. Frequent calls with no satisfactory response from MMT. MMT made the payment on the fourth day of our trip in spite of the fact that I did the entire payment 10 days before. MMT cut off their expenses at every step like sharing taxis and that too of poor quality. Taxis pick you along with couple of other people and then drop them off at separate places. I do not recommend MMT at any cost! They charge you 2-3 times more than actual fare.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I am posting this message just to tell that please don't buy any package through from MakeMyTrip.com. They are fraud. They cheat you. We are two couple who took the Europe package from them in November 2017 and one package in January 2018. Their seller Akash ** sold me this package. He never said that company has launched the visa protection plan. In case the visa got rejected the customer will get the full refund. This information wasn’t shared with me. Now when my visa got rejected they refused to refund anything. But one of their employee Chetanya said you will get the refund but till now I haven't received any refund.

Visa protection plan is going on and this plan is especially for Europe package... when I told them about this they refused it and said, "It is not applicable on your package." For their confirmation I inquired about this and their executive said yes visa protection is there on the package I have taken... for which I have a recording (proof). I went to their office where Mr. Maninder **, pre sales head said “mera product hai jo mera man krega vo mai dunga”... I have a recording (proof) he is least bothered about the customer problem.

I have the recording of the executive who is clearly saying there is visa protection plan on Europe package. And moreover Chetanya said about the refund but Mr. Dinesh ** said, "We have not found any recording of Chetanya..." as they know they are wrong. So they are giving false excuses. Guys those who are thinking to buy any package from MMT please don’t buy that, they are just fooling people by earning in wrong way. Dear MakeMyTrip I want my refund anyhow. I have all the recordings of your employee who is admitting about the visa protection plan. And if you need that I can post that on your Facebook wall.

And one more thing I want to add that when we told them that your employee said that there is a visa protection plan, then Mr. Dinesh ** said “agar usne aisa bola h to hum use company se nikal denge.” It means, "The person who is giving right information is wrong from you and the person who is cheating the customer is right." I have also some more recordings of your employees who all are admitting that there is a visa protection plan. I guess the head of the MakeMyTrip know about this problem because Dinesh ** said to me that he will talk to the higher authority... and it's almost two week he said, "We can't refund you." They are useless. They are not capable of providing with your visa as visa department doesn't have adequate knowledge about the documents required. Different visa person will assist you with different documents for the same destination.

MakeMyTrip your employee will let you down one day for sure. Guys please don't fall in trap with online packages of MakeMyTrip. All my visa documents are good enough for getting visa but they are saying that embassy gave unnecessary reason. He also added embassy to shakal dekh kr b reject kr deti h... all the 4 application got rejected. Visa was applied on different dates by different couples. Still got rejected. MMT fraud and cheater.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I have booked package on 10th March '17 & I had to cancel urgently due to personal reason. Same day I sent mail to all customer support IDs, & requested them to cancel on priority, & called them for many times. Now team is telling me, it's nonrefundable. It's not even 5 days of booking & departure date is far. Things which you show on TV ads/YouTube, it's totally opposite of what actually happens with MMT. It's unfair, that's why Indian don't trust Indian companies.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I booked a holiday package to Singapore and Malaysia through MakeMyTrip and paid an initial amount of Rs 42000. I could not travel as my wife fell ill and doctor advised not to make any travels. MakeMyTrip gave me 2 options. One submit medical documents related to illness and medical certificate and they will give maximum refund. Second one was reschedule the travel in which case the date change penalty would need to be bourne by us. Since I was unsure of my wife's health progress, I decided to cancel the booking and submitted all the documents as requested from MakeMyTrip.

For 2 months they didn't even look at the reports and just kept prolonging the case. Once I started making serious follow ups, the management looked into the matter and within 2 days they responded saying no refund is possible as cancellation was done 14 days prior to the trip. They are saying 64K is the cancellation cost and 22k cancellation charges has been paid by MakeMyTrip to the airline and hotel people. Is it really believable? They already have seats and rooms blocked in the name of MakeMyTrip and if a person A doesn't show up, they make up for it by allocating it to another person B. MakeMyTrip uses these kind of refund opportunities to make free profit when a big amount is involved. I have now given away 42K to MakeMyTrip for nothing. I used to be a loyal customer to MakeMyTrip but I am never going back there again as I have now realized... THEY ARE CHEATERS!!!

Original review: March 4, 2018

I provided MakeMyTrip with multiple photos that document the appalling conditions of a hotel in Kolkata that was rated on their website as being "excellent for business travellers." Despite the evidence, this website informed me that there was "nothing wrong" with the hotel and refused to help me obtain a refund.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I booked an hotel with MMT. The pictures shown on websites was absolutely opposite to what I got. Name of the hotel was Affortel Magnum Resort (Goa). Smelling rooms. No cleanliness. Noisy AC. Condition of the room was worst. No proper paint, bad odor, view outside the hotel was garbage bins of another hotel beside it. Very bad experience. I think MMT SHOULD STOP FOOLING PEOPLE and the worst part is their customer service. No cooperation. Bad language. Need to improve the service or stop the business.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

"PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS ORGANIZATION." They are nothing but scammer and blackmailer. Once you pay for the trips, you are on your own. Here is excerpt from an e-mail sent to them by our leader who had booked our tour: "I had been interacting with your staff at various levels. Ms. ** was very helpful courteous but she was helpless as your functioning is like 'RIGHT HAND DOES NOT KNOW WHAT LEFT IS DOING'. I am constrained to mention that having booked a tour with your coy was the blunder, as your office has very poor understanding with Airlines which booked our flights through you."

It is unfair trade practice of Indigo to charge a heavy penalty of exorbitant 13500/ for adding SURNAME five letters, from a confirmed fully paid USA citizen. This clearly gives impression of fleecing customers having made full payment & who book as a group. This unfair practice of cancelling ticket of one member of group then rebooking her charging double the fare is simply blackmailing as all members have to move together & cancelling the tour after having made full payment would have attracted very hefty penalty. Anyway thanks for this bitter experience. NEVER AGAIN, and I will make sure that this organization is exposed likewise in the United States of America.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I booked a hotel room through MakeMyTrip app but the booking details were failed booking but they took the money from my account. When I put the query it takes them 12 days to reply that the money has been refunded but it never comes to my account. When I again put the query they demanded for a PDF copy of the bank statement. After that no reply, no calls, nothing.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

Absolutely ridiculously service!!! The whole point of going through an travel agency is to make the travel experience less troublesome. My mother booked an return ticket from Australia and due to an urgent medical emergency we had to reschedule the flight. We do realised that there would be surplus charge and issues. It has taken us almost 18 hours, 35 phone calls and ridiculous amount of conversations and still haven't got any results!!! We literally wanted an air ticket to any city in India with reasonable price hike... All we have received is excuses and another ticket with full price. If there isn't anything that MakeMyTrip can do when it comes down to refund or transfer than that is the reason for their existence?!! On top there is a perfect blame game where no one wants to take responsibility! Kudos to you guys...

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I booked my room through MakeMyTrip for 4 days stay in Jodhpur at Hotel Sachdeva Palace. They provide me only 1 room with 2 bed sheets. We were 3 people. The hotel was haunted. I felt some sounds of ghost. Next day I left that hotel with excuses. The owner of the hotel was asking strange question while leaving hotel. I called MakeMyTrip to refund my money as I am not satisfied with the hotel. They didn't refund my money. Instead hotel owner charged some extra amount with us. Don't do any booking from this site. I had a very bad experience from MakeMyTrip.com. Worst online business. They only eat money and make fool to people. They provide haunted hotels.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I had booked 3 business class tickets in Etihad travelling from Delhi to Newark via Abu Dhabi. Since I was encountering problems paying online an extremely persistent take called from MakeMyTrip insisted on sending me a payment link. I paid through the link assuming that my tickets had been blocked and subsequently booked. Today I get a call apologising saying that they had been unable to book and whether I would like to fly through other cheaper airlines.. this is 9 days after accepting my payment and that too when I followed up. Ruined my travel plans and my faith in their portal.. what a shame. Not sure whether I will get a refund.. hard earned 5 lacs. Message from MakeMyTrip, "We have received refund request for MakeMyTrip Booking ID **. The request is currently being reviewed. Further update will be shared shortly. Thank you".

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

We booked our hotel in Goa in December 2017 from 26 January to 28 January. As it was peak time in Goa so for non inconvenience we booked in advance because we have 2 yr old baby with us. When we reached near about hotel and called hotel manager he said, "You have reached wrong place. My person will pick you and drop you to hotel." We waited there for almost 1 hour and it was too hot. My child was crying like anything. After 1 hr 1 local boy came and dropped us to worst place where 1 local hotel was there and asked to check in. We find that it was not the hotel we booked thru MakeMyTrip. Our hotel in which we booked was provided to other persons. And we were asked to stay on local hotel. No response from customer care. We paid 15000 for rooms of RS 5000... disgusting.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I booked hotel from MakeMyTrip... with refunds charges. After cancellations hotel bookings not refund any amounts. We have to do the case against all the actors and actresses who advertised that make do like this and that. Very bad experience with MakeMyTrip... Stop using this and delete all users using the app...

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I have booked a round trip from cab for 3 days from Delhi to Mussoorie. As per MMT promises they include local sightseeing while booking round trip from cab. I thought I can enjoy my trip. 1st when cab came for pickup it was smelling like hell. We bought car freshener by our self. SO CAB WAS NOT CLEANED. When we reached Mussoorie driver said he have to go somewhere. I told him we hired cab for 3 days and he should take us for local sightseeing. Then he asked for 3 thousand for local sightseeing. I thought I can call customer support for help. 1st agent said, "You already paid less for cab," because I got offer price. Which was unexpected reply from customer support. I paid whatever amount told on website.

I never bargained for total amount. I asked for supervisor but they said, "Supervisor is not here." They will arrange a call back within 2 hrs. After 2 hrs I called customer support again and this time agent said he cannot provide any help even they cannot fulfill whatever they promise us while booking cab. I asked for cancellation as refund. They denied for that too. I have already paid them in advance so I had left with no option. Such a pathetic service from MMT. Do not ever trust them. They just take money and make money company.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018 MakeMyTrip team is fraud. They will simply misguide customers and keep handing multiple numbers of team members to get rid of mistakes from their end.

Customer care for this company should seriously shut down, as they have zero decency to talk to or manage a customer. I booked my international tickets and after entering OTP page says, "Time out. Kindly book again from homepage." I believed the website and booked again. MMT has sent me 2 tickets of same travel and charged my card twice. Even after Harassing me on phones and email. They are not giving me refund and this is due to their website. They took my hard earned money for no reason.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I booked my flight from round trip flight from Hyderabad to Bangalore and suddenly within few minutes had a change of plan and called for change the dates and in return they asked me pay very very high price and I thought of cancelling the flight and contacted them and they informed me that I will get back only INR 1600 of 11343 (approx); but to my shock whenever I call the customer care, it would automatically get disconnected. After I trying several times, I decided to cancel through official airlines and they promised that I would get 5300 (approx); but instead again MakeMyTrip mailed me that I may get only 2156 and remaining is MakeMyTrip charges which is absolute cheating. My sincere request to fellow passengers, always try to book through official airlines, this middle agents make a killing once you decided to change the flight or cancel.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I booked two Air India Tickets for journey date 30/12/2017 from Delhi to Kolkata. The tickets were booked on 26/06/2017. PNR and Tickets No. are ** respectively. As per Govt. Decision, User Development fees charged from passengers towards Delhi airport was slashed to Rs10 for domestic passenger w.e.f. 07/07/2017 and airlines would refund the excess amount to the passenger for those who booked the ticket on or before 7 July but are yet to commence the travel. I paid user development fees @ Rs. 564 per passenger. I had not received any refund. I requested MMT on 31/12/2017 for refund of excess UDF. Even after expiry of one month, they refused to UDF refund for one reason or the another whereas Paytm has already refunded excess UDF for air ticket booked through them. Never book any air ticket through MakeMyTrip.com. They are cheater. Try other website.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Booked a Thailand tour for 8 nights at 60k per head for 4-star hotels and below is the mention of the service MakeMyTrip.com guys gave and how they swindled us: The hotel at Bangkok had cockroaches and mosquitoes in the hotel room, the hotel in Krabi didn't even offer vegetarian food, elevator facility nor a simple phone in the room to call for service. With the temperatures at this place I at least expected AC to work properly and at least a bottle of water for free.

However, as I see it I climb 4 floors with loads of luggage to get into a room with no proper conditioning, no water, no food and to ask anything I have to go down 4 floors to search alternative ways to make my trip sustainable. I don't understand where did they use all our money if I had to spend every penny extra on basic things that you normally get in a hotel for free.

I had senior citizens with me and they had to carry luggage all the way from 4th floor because the hotel didn't even have service people. Only 2 girls at the desk. I had given all the information to MMT people before the trip on food and guests and still this level of ignorance on their part was astounding to me. Don't let me start on the tours that we overpaid and under serviced for. Later came to know not doing pre-bookings would have costed me way less. This is the last time I will be using their ** money swindling service and advise others to not go for the easy route they make you think you are taking. The after-feeling is much worse. Zero Star giver.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Awful customer service… We bought 5 tickets from them and due to medical reason (Cancer) we ask for refund and it have been over 2 months which they are dragging us for our money in this difficult situation in our family! Never and ever buy from them again!!!

MakeMyTrip.com Company Information