MakeMyTrip.com

Compare Travel Agencies

Research top Travel Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had made flight & hotel bookings for my Kerala trip in May. I had booked Hotel Camp Noel in Munnar based on the high ratings at MMT and nice pictures of the resort. Unfortunately, it is so much inferior and the roads were JUST TERRIBLE. With the Rains, most of the roads were completely washed out and it was scary traveling through a deserted jungle area. Our Innova Car got stuck up multiple times and hotel person admitted that the access roads to the hotel were not OK and agreed for the cancellation of 2 rooms X 2 room night bookings through MMT (**). With 2 Senior citizen and 2 kids, I had to take a decision to return back after a horrible road journey of close to 12 hours (more than double the expected time).

The phone & internet lines were poor & I tried to contact MMT many times during the day. The experience had been extremely pathetic and the service representatives' competency levels were absolutely poor and unacceptable. THEY HAD NO UNDERSTANDING OF CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. After KEEPING ME ON HOLD several times, I discussed with 3-4 persons and requested that they should book us in another hotel for 1 night in Central Munnar. Unfortunately, their understanding & decision making was so poor, they just ended up with stereotype message "We will discuss with seniors and call you back," which they NEVER DID. Every person requested for SOME TIME to process the refund & today After ALMOST ONE MONTH, I have NOT RECEIVED ANY REFUND NOR ANY CALLS.

Is this the level of service offered by MMT? I must have purchased Lakhs of Rupees of service through MMT for myself, family and Organizations and this has been WORST experience. In general, I must say, MMT service is getting WORSE day by day and I have already switched over to competitor for future bookings. I expect an immediate reply else I need to take up the matter with Consumer forum, so that other travelers do not suffer such horrible experience and spoil their vacation like us.

I urge MMT to immediately refund the hotel booking amount and compensate Rs. 10,000.- per person for spoiling the trip and wasting our valuable vacation time. If MMT management express the slightest doubt and fails to comply with these amounts, I will be compelled to contemplate a stronger action and for sure cause damages to the reputation of MMT and these would be much higher. Please let me have immediate reply on **.

DO NOT BOOK CAB THRU MMT. You get an option of making full payment while booking and if you do that, your driver will not turn up as they have internal issue with payments. I booked the cab today and got 2 sms with different driver details. Both of them denied to come due to payment issue. My pick up is scheduled at 9.00 am tomorrow and right now at 12.26 am, I don't have any driver. Spoke to MMT team, they made call to driver and he confirmed in front of them but called a minute later and asked me to speak to them again as he wouldn't come. I called again and the guy said, "We are sitting and coordinating for you at this hour and driver will come." I asked them to cancel the booking, for which he said, "We will cancel the booking but you won't get any refund... company policy."

Shubham and Ankit are the guys I spoke at MMT. I asked them to give me driver details so that I can speak to the driver and confirm if he is coming or not and I haven't received any details as of now. I am on call with them right now and my call is on hold since last 8 minutes. I asked the guy, "Until what time should I not sleep", he said, "We are coordinating with the team." Which means they have no driver who is ready to come tomorrow. And if at all someone is ready to come, what is the guarantee he is not going to trouble me on the way. Mine is a 5 hour journey and I have no trust on MMT. My mistake that I ignored the reviews. Pathetic is a very small word for this organization.

Booked a ticket from us.makemytrip.com from SFO to BLR. Paid online and purchase is complete. MakeMyTrip Booking ID - **. Charged credit card. Booked on Monday, May 28th 2017 9:00 PM. Passenger was to travel on May 31st. Received email saying booking is complete and wait for another email tor e-tickets. No email was received. Called customer service twice on May 30th and by 1:00 pm the agent says he cannot issue ticket and Jet Airways cannot issue them. Was told money will be refunded in 72 hours. RIPOFF. Really and was in situation that we can't use money to buy alternative tickets. Not only that passenger couldn't travel. I have never seen in my 20 years of flying that the website confirms booking but cannot issue tickets. It is meaningless, never happened to me before with Expedia or other websites. SHAME on them. There should be a way to stop them from conducting business this way.

18th May 2017. Horrible experience MakeMyTrip & RN Holidays. My booked hotel Deccan Park Resort confirmed booking but I arrival Deccan Park Resorts ooty says not your booking confirmed, sorry. I call make my trip 45 minutes, hold my call & says "Sorry sir, sold out & RN Holidays available". It's not a hotel, it's (3rd class lodge). I request. Please help me my refund. Thanks.

I was traveling in the month of April from Male to my hometown Delhi by SpiceJet. Due to some technical issue the airline got delayed. Since I had to take another connecting flight from Delhi, so SpiceJet suggested me to take another flight and told me that they will refund the amount within 3 days, which they did before the time frame to the MakeMyTrip. This was done on 13th of April by SpiceJet to MakeMyTrip. It's been over one and half month the MakeMyTrip has not refunded my money back to the account which was used for payment.

MakeMyTrip is just playing with the mails and every day asking me to share the bank statement and expecting me to see the branch personally and follow up with them, which would cost me 800$. Every time someone replies from MakeMyTrip, they just copy and paste the previous mails, don't even bother to check up on the concern. I am sure they are investing the customers money in some other way. I would suggest all my friends and viewers to be away from this fraud travel agent. Their service is pathetic.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MakeMyTrip.com?

I made an international booking from Kolkata to Narita (Japan) using China Eastern on 12th March and paid a total sum of INR 204,825. I called up MakeMyTrip in early May about some assistance and was told that the flight has been rescheduled. To my utter surprise I never received the schedule change mail. Anyway I asked for the change and was told that my connecting flight was rescheduled so that instead of reaching in the afternoon I will now reach late evening at about 9 pm. My onward schedule of the whole group was in a mess so I decided to cancel the entire group booking. Two days later I received a call from MakeMyTrip that the tickets have been cancelled and that I will receive a full refund.

Now it is twenty days past, I have been following up with them about the refund and they say they are chasing the airline. I fail to understand why and how they can hold on to my money like this. They keep telling me, we are working on it. To my utters surprise now when I go to my account in MakeMyTrip I find that against my journey a refund of INR 134,201 has been initiated. Where is the balance??? No satisfactory answer for this. I am at a loss to understand how they can eat my money like this and still be in business. BEWARE THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD. It is using the customer money and funding their business. Can we take up the matter with IATA, please advise.

Because of booking in MakeMyTrip.com I had lost 10,000. When I had reached them for help they just said it's my headache and refused to help me. Don't book through this app. They will leave you in mid-ocean. If you want to lose your money book through this.

MMT - THE WORST TRAVEL COMPANY. I booked a package thru MMT. My interaction started with their travel specialist in the month of Dec 2016 for a travel date in May 2017. This is the worst experience of my life and would recommend people to avoid MMT for any package. No proper handover. Multiple people interacting & no one is aware of what is happening. Horrible customer service who makes you wait for a minimum 20 mins for any query to be answered. Visa team sucks big time as they collect the document a week before the travel and no proper communication. I had to follow up multiple times on when the visa would be done. MMT is filled with arrogant, poor communication and irresponsible people. I lost close to 1 lakh because of their irresponsible behavior and the worst thing is MMT reps DO NOT want to own up their mistake.

This will not last too long MMT. You have lost one customer and I am sure if you continue to operate like this you will lose many more. People engage with companies like you to ensure they can travel without hassles but this trip has been the worst experience of our lives and sure many people have had similar experiences. I urge people to NOT use MMT if you want to have a good vacation.

Pathetic Customer Service - We had booked a tour package from Hyd-Delhi-Mussoorie-Nainital and this package also included a cab for the entire tour. When we landed in Delhi, this cab was there to pick us up but the cab and its driver were not up to our expectations as it was not clean. We had in fact clearly mentioned in our "Car Service" request that "We are very specific for a clean vehicle and a very clean and professional driver".

From the Delhi Airport we called Make My Trip and they asked me Who my Travel agent was and when I told them who it was they told me that he is not around and a call back would be arranged after an hour. I was taken aback at the lack of concern and the casualness at which my concern was being handled. I told them that I cannot wait for an hour with my kids in the parking lot of an Airport. At which I was told that a call back would be arranged in 30 minutes. So we waited but we never got any call back, so I called back and this some other executive picked up to whom I had to explain the entire issue again to which I was told that a call back will be arranged with the back end team.

From these conversations with Make My Trip I was able to understand that Make My Trip has a "pathetic Customer service" and we decided to proceed with the cab provided to us as we could no longer wait in the extremely hot parking lot as the kids were getting restless. So we informed the driver that we would like him to drive us to Mussoorie and later we will talk to Make My Trip as we were not receiving any reply from them but the driver now was not willing drive us to Mussoorie unless he got a go ahead from his owner/manager for this one way trip. He drove us out of the airport as the his parking charges would increase but he kept stopping by the roadside to wait for the confirmation from his manager/owner and I was trying to reach Make My Trip with no success.

In the meanwhile the driver suggested I talk to the cab coordinator (the go between the cab owner and Make My Trip) and when I spoke to him he also suggested that I talk to Make My Trip and later take a decision but I was not able to get through to Make My Trip and neither did I receive the promised call back from the back end team. In the end the driver spoke to his manager/owner and he said he will not able to drive us to Mussoorie as we might terminate his services after reaching there and he dropped at us at a Mall.

So we decided to make our own arrangements and booked a cab through OLA and proceeded to Mussoorie and it was only at around 2 PM that I was able to get hold of an executive from Make My Trip and I was again told that a call back would be arranged which I only received at around 6 PM. And this executive, if I remember a RAVI something after listening to my concern said that they Make My Trip will not be able to provide a cab of our specifications and he also had the nerve to say that all cab drivers are not clean and if they are clean why would they be drivers and transport vehicles are not clean. He also said that Make My Trip will not be able to provide us the cab as he had cancelled the cab which was provided without Make My Trip's consent and I told him that it was Make My Trip which never called us back.

So he said that he will get back to us and he called us back. He told us that Make My Trip was willing to give us 20000 for the entire cab expenses or will try and provide a cab for the rest of the trip and when I told him that the trip from Delhi to Mussoorie itself costed us 10000 he told that it was not their concern as we had cancelled the cab at our own accord. He literally took advantage of the situation in which we were and told us that Make My Trip will only try to arrange a cab for the rest of trip if I did not ask of reimbursement of the Delhi to Mussoorie trip and kept pushing me (it was a blackmail) to say that I will not ask for the reimbursement and also he wanted to send him a mail to this effect.

I had no other option but to agree and send a mail saying that I will not ask for the reimbursement as I was told that Make My Trip will starting checking if they can provide the cab only after the receipt of the mail. Later he called me and told us that they are not able to provide us the cab for the rest of the trip as there are no cabs available in Delhi. I was surprised that a company like Make My Trip has no vendors in Mussoorie and that executive Ravi ** was also rude. When I wanted to talk to his superiors, he said that they do not talk to customers and it was their instructions that he was following. At the end of the call I told him categorically that I will first need to talk to his manager and it is only later that I will decide on status of the compensation.

I have not received any call from Make My Trip after this and all this happened on the first day of my trip, i.e. the 6th of May 2017. I never expected this sort of customer service from an Organization like Make My Trip which prides itself in being able customize the trips as per the customer requirements were not able to arrange for cab. It was extremely pathetic and disappointing customer service from Make My Trip.

Travel because am not sure I will opt MakeMyTrip for my any future holiday with this experience. My whole honeymoon was not at all pleasant. Day 3 Neil Island- We checked out at 10:00 am and driver left us at Bharatpur beach under scorching Sun. We were simply waiting until 2:30 pm under the Sun for driver to came and pick us. There was not any activity to do into the beach. We do not have any particular room or shade to wait in such a hot weather. My wife got sick due to the temperature and using public toilet at beach whole. She got infection and started vomiting. At that moment there was not anyone from MakeMyTrip to help or assist and due to poor network my mobile is also not working as am using Vodafone network.

Then I hired an auto to bring my wife to nearest medical shop and get her some medicine and we were waiting at footpath with all luggage in our hand. Finally I borrowed mobile from a stranger and a called Mr Rajan and told him all the issue which we face then he sent a driver to pick us and drop in a hotel to get refresh for an hour. If we do not get that refreshment for an hour my wife might be fainted. I am currently staying in US and roam all around the world and never been experienced this kind of hospitality ever that on my honeymoon trip. It's not wrong to say MakeMyTrip spoiled my honeymoon as I will not bring any good memory from this holiday in spite of all the trouble from day 1.

I clearly mentioned earlier that I want best accommodation with all respect starting from hotel booking to Cruise. For Cruise also I pay every time extra buck to upgrade my seat from premium (which is lower class) to Royal Class. I asked customization into my trip paid 58000 INR to get best accommodation which quite high compare to a normal trip for 4 days but in return I didn't get such accommodation.

I travel a lot, internationally and around the US. I want to start off by saying that I know it is better, in the long run, to buy from the airlines. That being said I did not this time. I was trapped in Indonesia and needed a few tickets. Unfortunately I chose Make My Trip (MMT). My traveling companion did not get to go due to Visa issues. The seat next to me was sold on the planes. I requested a refund from MMT via phone. The company is based out of India and their "English" was anything but after several hours on the phone, I became fed up and disconnected. I attempted via email and was able to correspond somewhat.

Make My Trip applied an amazing amount of deductions that brought the original ticket price of $1,300 to a refund of $620. I begrudgingly complied, what else I can do against an international company? MMT agrees to deposit the funds in 3-10 business days. That was almost 3 weeks ago. For the past 4 days they send me multiple emails a day requesting authorization to process my payment of $502!!! Over $100 less than what was originally agreed upon. At this rate I will get $20 next summer.

I am writing this email with great disappointment.. I was fine all through the trip until I came to the Srinagar Airport only to realize that my relatives flight from Srinagar to Delhi was delayed by couple of hours that made them to miss the connecting flight at Delhi.. When I came to know the delay, I called up the customer service and requested them for rebooking the connecting flight since the jet airways told me that the booking was made by MakeMyTrip and the rebooking should be done only by MakeMyTrip. When I called at 9 this morning, Jet Airways said very clearly that all I had to pay is close to 18k for 5 passengers if they had to rebook the tickets for the 8 pm Flight.

I had to call multiple times to Mr. ** and only to hear back from him that he had to wait to hear back from the airlines booking team. BY the time, I heard back from his manager at 12 noon, the cost went up and ended up requesting my relatives to book a fresh tickets from Delhi to Chennai that costed us 50k. Just because, I trusted you guys, I had to pay 50k. If I had done booking myself, I should have used a common sense to have a good break in Delhi knowing that the Jet flies from a different terminal.

I also requested on April 4th to see on why MakeMyTrip booked tickets for my relatives with a very short break. MakeMyTrip folks blindly said that they couldn't get any availability on other flights. It is so funny that my relatives took the SpiceJet flight at Delhi (2:35 pm) which I would suppose MakeMyTrip should have booked at the first instance. Why one would book the connecting flight from Jet when you are flying from Srinagar to Delhi in SpiceJet??? These are the things MakeMyTrip should have considered while making booking for me. I have no idea on why these guys booked at Jet when there is a SpiceJet flight available at 2:35.

Inspite of me calling multiple times from the airport, all I heard from him was just absurd responses. I was expecting MakeMyTrip reps to give me confidence rather they were very arrogant today. This is unacceptable after paying 3.5 lacs for a trip. Actually, me, my wife and my kids are good with flying back to Hyderabad but it was for my in-laws who are aged and their grandchildren who are 4 and 9 years respectively who are stranded at the Srinagar Airport with no clue since all the booking was done through me. I lost complete trust from my in-laws and it was shame for me to leave the young kids stranded in the airport for hours together.

If I had not spoken to you guys, I could have managed talking to the airlines and made the rebooking with less penalty but I trusted you guys and it not only costed me 50k but also I lost trust from my family who insisted me to go through Cox and Kings but I made them to go for MakeMyTrip. I have made many travels myself but never been ditched like this before.. Please DONT DO ANY BOOKING from MakeMyTrip.

Please don't book tickets thru MakeMyTrip. I booked train ticket through this MMT and suffered. While booking I selected the desired berth but after booking when I got the confirmation mail the berth's were completely changed. When I called them to ask, I got the response stating they are not responsible for it and asked me to contact IRCTC. The executive provided me the contact number of IRCTC which didn't work. Somehow I contacted IRCTC. They asked me to manage with the other passengers as nothing can be done now. Please directly book your tickets through IRCTC. Don't go for MMT as nothing is there in their hands and if something goes wrong they will blame the IRCTC. I used it for the first time and they failed to live up to the expectations. Overall a very very horrible experience.

I write this to express my severe dissatisfaction with a recent trip that I took with MakeMyTrip.com to visit Kerala. We booked for a 2-night tour to visit Kerala, arriving in Cochin on 27/12/2016. The trip included pick-up from airport, Cochin sight-seeing, Alleppey Houseboat tour, and Kumarakom. All of the trip was tailor-made by MakeMyTrip according to our interests with a detailed itinerary. But I have to say that the driver went ahead with an itinerary of his own. And this is how the trip went downhill for me.

First of all, it started with him postponing the Cochin sightseeing for a later date, saying that from 17.00 onwards there is nothing to see in the city. We listened to him and let him drop us early at the hotel after which we had the whole evening to ourselves without any plans. The next day he dropped us at the houseboat departure point in Alleppey, which had been booked previously. On the way he took us to some museums, which were not in the itinerary. Thus, making us pay huge amounts of money on things that were not listed in the trip. This too was out of his own free will, perhaps gathering him commissions for bringing in tourists (I was accompanied by my non-Indian husband).

The next day when our houseboat trip was over and he had to pick us up from the location, he was late by almost an hour (his excuse was a flat tyre, which we had reasons to not believe) while we were standing waiting for him for ~1 hour in the heat at 34C. After that we were supposed to go to Kumarakom, which according to him was not a possibility (because Cochin still needed to be visited which he postponed saying the trip would remain unchanged!).

We had an argument with him about this and he then asked us to pay him some more money if we wanted to go to Kumarakom!! At this point, we were really worried that he would charge us no matter what we said. When we insisted that Kumarakom was something we had planned long time back, he tried to convince us that we will miss our plane if we did Kumarakom and Cochin together.

We took our chances and said we will do visit both places. But he still missed a lot of things in the itinerary, and maintained his stern stance of not caring. This was really very very annoying. Later on we visited some places after repeated coercion and still made it on time to the airport to catch our flight. Overall, the trip could have been much nicer without this guy hijacking the itinerary. Additionally as mentioned in the itinerary for the driver, we were supposed to be given water bottles on board which was never provided to us. These are only a few things that came to my notice. There could have been more anomalies on his part in the entire trip which are unknown to us.

I expected the team at MakeMyTrip to take the firm measures to ensure that this kind of nuisance doesn't trouble future travelers who book a trip with them. But they could not resolve the matter even after repeated communication. Later on they furnished false facts where they claimed that there was no fault on the part of the driver. These facts somehow indicate instead that I'm the one presenting false facts. I wouldn't advise anyone in the future to buy tours with MakeMyTrip. I have learnt my lesson.

Booked IXE-BLR-MAA return flight on Makemytrip.com in March 2017. Noted one spelling error. One S instead of A in one of the passengers. Both Spicejet and Jet Airways graciously agreed to make the small correction but makemytrip insisted that the ticket (one passenger) need to be rebooked and difference amount Rs 1956 has to be paid. They kept explaining the new rules and technicalities. Had a conference call with Jet airways. They also agreed but not makemytrip. Simply exploit the small spelling error! Many time I have noted suddenly at the moment of making the payment airfares suddenly go up by Rs 1000! Supposedly airlines suddenly increased the fare! It took me well over 2 hours, Rs 1956 and mental agony for just ONE spelling error. What a graceless, thankless service. I was a regular on makemytrip but feel disgusted and will not use the portal again.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I made a online payment of RS.14070 through their site for my reserved hotel Alleppy Ramada and not getting any confirmation on the payment or updated voucher. I was keep on calling MakeMyTrip every day for 4 days and everyone says that they can see that I made the payment and I will get confirmation in next 24-48 hours. It was ongoing for 4 days and now someone said I will get a refund and I have to wait for another five days. I received a call from another person same day saying that he don't have any idea about refund and saying the same thing that I will get a confirmation in 24-48 hours. It is really frustrating. Never trust their words.

I booked my trip with MMT around year back, for Ooty, Mysore, Coorg. I joined the trip as well, but when I reached first destination i.e. Mysore, my wife could not cope with weather there, and we had to abort the trip and return back home. MMT advertises and encourages full refund for ppl who in advance pay money to them, in case of cancellation because of medical or any other emergencies. But In my case, these guys just paid mere 7.5 k back, and rest money they shamelessly said can't refund. Another strange thing I found is, they don't have any strict policy behind, making booking or making refunds, it just up to the person serving the request. Anybody who is going to use MMT for future trips, please beware and don't pay anything in advance, they’ll rob you.

In spite of being a regular MMT user I am shocked to see the kind of response from them, rather no response to their customers. I booked a return ticket on the 24th night for travel dates 25 and 28 of March. When I realized that there was an error in the ticket on my email I immediately called the customer service number asking for help. After talking for 50 mins with the agent my call was disconnected at 0005hrs. To my surprise they were disconnecting all my calls from then (about 10 calls). I even tried from other numbers but they were not taking any calls. Finally I had no choice but to call the airline and cancel my ticket as I was travelling the next day.

I called on the 25th and spoke to the agent to sort the return ticket for the 28th. Agent named Nupur promised to get back to me by today morning but in vain. It's 1600 hrs today and still no mail or call. Just want to warn people that they are only into making money and no service at all. If one has to call the airlines or hotels and sort things out then such companies should not be allowed to exist. I will take this to a higher level as there seems to be a glitch in their system and process due to which we as customers face the brunt. MakeMyTrip... you have just lost a customer and I am sure more will follow suit with the pathetic service provided by you.

Very disappointing and frustrating service. Deducted money from bank account, but not booked tickets. It's a rip-off service, and their customer support is so bad, that I had to call multiple times and they were not able to resolve my issue. Finally I think I will take them to Consumer court.

Fed up with these cheaters. I booked a flight for MUMBAI to GOA, I cancelled that and booked for some other date. At the time of booking they said I will get back my refund (TOTAL) within 3 business days. It's been more than 15 days still I haven't get any refund. After calling multiple times they say that "your complaint is in open status, our team will get back to you", which won't come. I will never book a ticket from MMT again. These kind of idiots should be punished strongly.

MakeMyTrip customer service and rewards program - I had got a free night as I had booked 4 nights with them. However, for reasons beyond my control, I missed redeeming it (they didn't send me any sms reminding me either) and when I realized it and called them day after the expiry, they refused to help and when I escalated it to the supervisor, they kept the call on hold for fifteen minutes and then dropped the call. Pathetic way to treat a customer who must have made at least fifty bookings in the past decade. They will now be a last option for me.

I have cancelled my flight booking in the previous month itself. They have not refunded entire amount and whenever contacted do not clarify on reasons for not refunding the amount. Although they have sent me an invoice for cancellation refund but paid back into my bank account very less amount. Very ridiculous & disorganized service.

MakeMyTrip is the worst website for booking Holiday packages. I booked my Holiday package to Udaipur and specifically asked for hotel Jagat Niwas. Initially they said its ok and asked me to make the payment. Once the payment was made they changed my hotel details and I get to know about it when I arrived at Udaipur. We were told by our taxi driver that they have booked us into Fern hotel. When I spoke to their customer care, they started blaming me that I agreed on this hotel. I asked them to check their recordings but they kept on denying it. Finally after my trip and around 50 calls later, when they went through their recordings they admitted that I was right. When I asked for compensation nothing was offered to me. I strongly recommend people coming from foreign countries to not go through Makemytrip, as they will rob you in every possible way. They are quite expensive and their customer service is very pathetic.

I am a frequent MakeMyTrip customer who until today enjoyed doing business with this agency. This was by far the worst experience I had and am absolutely disgusted with the way they treated me. I had purchased my destination ticket from Jaipur to Lucknow with the airlines, Air India. But I wanted to cancel this purchase since I had found a better offer with Jet Airways. So regarding this matter I first called the MakeMyTrip customer service line. They had told me that I would have to pay a cancellation fee of 340 rupees. What I didn't understand was that why I had to pay a single rupee when it hadn't even been an hour since I purchased my ticket and MakeMyTrip guaranteed a 24 hour free cancellation service.

After arguing and the service being total **, they sent me to talk to Air India to see what they could do. But their service was worse. They said I would have to pay 2400 rupees if I wanted to cancel my ticket. This has gotten me more furious than I already was because it made no sense! I had literally made my ticket a few minutes ago! So what happened to the 24 hour guarantee I was promised? In the end both agencies said they would do nothing about my issue and put no effort whatsoever in satisfying my needs leaving me to write this review. So I just wanted to let ALL of you know that MakeMyTrip is a total scam and does not know how to deal with their customers. Never again will I even bother doing business with them.

MakeMyTrip completely ruined my holidays at Singapore. I booked a package with MakeMyTrip. Just 10 hours before my travel I received a call from an customer service agent of the above company and he informed me that the hotel room which I booked in Singapore was unavailable and I was provided with another hotel and they assured it was a 3 star hotel.

I traveled with my wife and 3 year old daughter. I was shocked to see the hotel when I arrived there and the Asian men who were around there in the hotel were looking at my wife like they have not seen any women in their life. Hope you have guessed the area now. Yes it was Thekka. Very nasty room and we had breakfast and went out. The hotel they initially booked were nearby and I decided to pop in and inquired about the vacancy. The receptionist informed me that the rooms were available. I was very much annoyed after hearing this. Had the travel agent come before me I would have spit on his face and slapped him. This is the way this travel company is operating. So be VERY VERY careful.

Recently booked a trip from Mumbai to Kerala and was dissatisfied with the service. Was told - if I need to make a complaint, I should email and someone would get back to me. Sent few emails now - no one has called.

MakeMyTrip is the worst travel agency which I ever faced. Guys try not to book any hotel through MakeMyTrip. I had a worst experience with MakeMyTrip. I had booked a hotel room from 04.01.2017 to 06.01.2017 at hotel New Vasantashram (near CST station) on urgency basis just before arriving CST station at around 10:05 PM from MakeMyTrip for my stay near station through mobile app and train onboard. The booking was done and I received confirmation message from MakeMyTrip. Also it is mentioned in SMS that I had to show this SMS at hotel. But the hotel person denied the booking saying two things: (1) Our room rent not that as booked at MakeMyTrip, and (2) I had to show printout booking copy for confirmation (mention: nobody carrying printer on train), also said that they didn't have my booking intimation from MakeMyTrip. All booking amount I lose.

I agree with all the reviews before mine, and I wish I had read them before trusting Makemytrip. I had a similar problem with the site. I had booked a ticket from MMT on a Spicejet flight from Calcutta to Guwahati on 21 Dec 2016, and the flight timing was preponed by 5 hours (when I booked flight was supposed to leave at 6:20 PM, it was preponed to 1:20 PM). SpiceJet informed MMT about this changed time, and MMT failed to inform me at all: no email, no phone calls, no message, nothing. The ticket I printed from the site before boarding my flight had the incorrect flight time.

As a result, when I showed up to the airport 3 hours before what I expected was my actual flight time, I was told that I had missed my flight. Spicejet informed me, and gave me proof, that they had told MMT of this change, and MMT had simply failed to inform me or update the information on its so-called automated ticketing system.

I called up MMT and explained to them that I really needed to reach Guwahati to attend my friend's wedding, which I was about to miss entirely due to their error. They told me to book the earliest available flight and that they would reimburse me after investigating my case. I booked the earliest flight in consultation with MMT, and also asked them to reimburse me for one night's stay in Calcutta, for I had no place to stay, and they agreed. All of this ended up costing me nearly Rs 27K.

Since then I've called and emailed MMT several times and all of my pleas for help have fallen on deaf ears. I've been put on long 50 mins, 70 mins hold several times, and then my calls have been abruptly cut. Later I've been told that my case has been closed because they "could not reach the customer" (patently untrue--they haven't called or emailed me once), and still later, I was told that my case simply didn't exist! This is a company of liars and deceivers and I urge everyone reading this to not trust MMT for your bookings. Book directly with the airlines, as they will keep you abreast of any change, unlike MMT, which can totally ruin all of your travel plans and add onerously to your expenses.

MakeMyTrip is the worst travel agency which I ever HAD. Guys never ever book any Tour Package or any hotel through MakeMyTrip. I had a worst experience with MakeMyTrip. I had booked a hotel room from 28th Dec 2016 to 1st Jan 2016 (Greenwood Meadows) from MakeMyTrip for my goa trip. The booking was done in the month of September and the same day I received confirmation voucher twice from MakeMyTrip. 5 days ago my journey, I reconfirmed the same with MakeMyTrip to check whether my booking is confirmed or not and one of their customer support person informed me that "your booking is confirmed and you don't need to worry about that."

But then when me and my husband reached goa on 28th Dec and went to the hotel for our check-in, for our surprise the person at the reception said "there is no booking from MakeMyTrip in your name." We were shocked. How could this be possible cause we have a confirmation voucher from MakeMyTrip and we even confirmed over the call with customer support.

We called MakeMyTrip to confirm about the same and they said "your booking got bounced", but how the ** we will come to know whether the booking is bounced or not until we received any notification from MakeMyTrip nor we have received any call from MakeMyTrip indicating that booking was not confirmed. Out of frustration we shouted at them and said that we will take a legal action against them and their response was like "do whatever you want". After threatening them, they said "we will manage some other resort for you" and we had to wait for 2 hours till all these things got sorted. Our entire day got wasted. Such a bad customer service. Guys, whoever read this review, it is a indication for them not to go for MakeMyTrip.

I booked two rooms from makemytrip.com in www.veronicaguesthousegoa.com hotels. They gave the rooms to someone else and threaten us to leave the hotel. We called MakeMyTrip guys but they didn't take any action.

MakeMyTrip.com Company Profile