2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

1.0/5 (44 ratings)

About MakeMyTrip.com

MakeMyTrip.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MakeMyTrip.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about MakeMyTrip.com?

Original review: May 28, 2021

My daughter had booked a return ticket through Make My Trip from New Delhi to New York and back on Air India. The booking ID was **, ticket no **, application no ** costing Rs 1,10,000. Due to the US ban which came into effect from 04 May, she had to cancel the ticket and asked for immediate refund. On contacting Make my Trip a large no of times, the standard reply through the website is that it will take 181-184 days to refund the amount subject to airline approval. This is absolutely an attempt by Make my Trip to block the money of the passenger especially taking advantage of the covid times. This needs to be immediately conveyed to Make My trip to immediately refund the amount as they must be doing the same with all passengers in an attempt to block the money.

Original review: May 13, 2021

*** Most unreliable company, Corporate robbers in the name of travel agent. *** I have booked a one way flight ticket from Ahmedabad to Mumbai on 13/05/2021 and hotel booking and Luggage service of Avaan. System recognized as package which cancelled my extra luggage service and added Return ticket to basket, which I never requested. I realized after receiving e-mail confirmation. I immediately called to rectify situation... Fun start here there are tons of numbers which never work and when e-mail is send. In response you end up with automated e-mail redirected to use self service which is completely useless and rubbish.

After making several e-mails you get a call from agent promising to deal with issue and they are trained to pretend working and not resolve issue!! They send reply e-mail as if they working hard and act as if they care a lot to secure money and arranging refund. Results they gain time with international travels and play lot of tricks to avoid refund, so finally my extra luggage issue is never solved.

My ticket from Ahmedabad - Mumbai showed active an d confirmed, Unable to check-in online then called airlines which confirmed flight is cancelled and reschedule dates were not suitable so they agreed to refund to Make My Trip. Which again no response and NO REFUND, Big Looters in the name of brand "Make my Trip". To make situation worst, they keep sending e-mail customer rating and feedback e-mails. *** Unprofessional, unreliable, big scam company, I will never recommend anyone to trust this scam site to book tickets, especially in emergency.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2021

Worst service. No proper response on refund status, I made a request week back for that. Still it's showing confirmation from airlines awaited for which flight is not operational from DUBAI, let me know airline is taking more than a week to reply your query... if so what respect you have with that airline .. ** Airlines confirmed me that my refund was processed on 6th of March 2021 ... I have a mail from airline.

Original review: April 18, 2021

Such a pathetic service provided to an international traveller. I have been trying to connect MakeMyTrip (~50 calls) from the last 14 hours to reschedule my flight from Toronto to Ottawa. Every time I got transferred to an automated answering machine that asked for my Indian mobile number (which obviously is not working here) and hang up.

Context: I have booked a return ticket from Ottawa-Delhi via Toronto, I reached out to both the airlines with whom I had to fly but each airline is putting the responsibility on each other as the ticket had been issued via MMT(makemytrip). So, I choose another path, make a new booking, so that I can speak to a real person who assured me to arrange a callback within an hour; however, I didn't get any callback. I would highly recommend booking tickets from the airline portal what may come.

Original review: April 9, 2021

Such a pathetic service provided to international travellers. I have been using Make My Trip for couple of years now due to constant travel between India and Australia. This is the first time we had to opt for a refund option due to flight cancellations last year. The system is so stupid that even basic logics have not been applied. I have been waiting for an year now to get a refund back for Sydney India flight, however the system does not allow you to get a refund for 1 sector, and as soon as you apply the refund option it pops up with a notification that the flight was already taken by the passenger. Obviously which is why we only want refund for one sector and not both, why would you not keep it open for the passenger to select particularly which sector is he wanting refund for.

Then the call centre numbers are good for nothing, after making 20 calls to the same number it gets connected and even then, you are unable to choose existing booking option as you are calling from an international number and not that Indian number you use to get OTPs, which has obviously not being considered by make my trip. Then when you choose the option of new booking because at the end you want to talk to someone who can assist, then every time you have to repeat the whole store and they come back with the same revert, that, "We will arrange for a call back or please email us at travel@makemytrip.com," neither you get a call back nor anyone replies to the customer query on that email ID. I would suggest everybody to use direct the airline portals to book tickets and to use platform like makemytrip to save yourself from all this hassle.

Original review: April 9, 2021

The phone line doesn't recognize my booking and thereafter disconnecting the line. See there should be some option to speak to a human, you may charge for that ** line. It's been one and half month. My refund did not arrive and you tell me whom do I speak, your machine lady? Your website not even saying my refund is in progress. Similar tickets booked in the same flight refunds arrived within 5 working days, why it's taking too long for you. Are you simply holding people's money. You need to understand that you are not technically fully armed to remove all the human support,.

Original review: April 8, 2021

It’s been over a month since I booked, went and came back from my trip. Other than the fact that the quality of their hotels assigned is getting worse, I have been following up with them for the GST bill but no response from the relationship manager or the customer support. I don’t know how to get through so this is my last resort, hope this makes a difference in the way they handle their customers.

Original review: April 1, 2021

I am having issue with Make My Trip for getting my flight tickets money (Rs 4994) getting refunded. The flight tickets were booked for last year. Due to corona the flights got cancelled and when asking for the refund they are asking for bank details. After that MMT is telling that due to wrong bank details provided by me they are not able to refund the amount. I had provided them four different bank details in repeated occasions. All the details they are saying the bank details are wrong. How's that possible when one of the account is my salary account and couple of them are my regular transaction accounts in which transaction happens daily.

I seriously don't know what type of scam are they doing. The airlines are telling they have sent the amount to the agent and then why agent is not providing us the amount. There is no customer care support also for MMT with whom we can talk to and complain. Email id is also not working. Really such a pathetic service by MMT I have not seen anywhere.

Original review: March 27, 2021

Makemytrip finally gave refund after a year for my international flight cancellation. They kept money on wallet, I have been requesting them to credit to different bank account from one I used for booking. I used credit card to book, I settled it a year back. Now when I ask them to credit to different bank account they are saying, "We can’t do it." Absolutely worst experience with Makemytrip and I was following up for a year for my refund but now I can’t use the refund until I plan for my next international travel. During COVID times, Makemytrip is looting people money. I don’t recommend this platform to book any of your flights. When you want use your own money, absolutely no way to do that in Makemytrip.

Original review: March 26, 2021

I have booked the tickets Bengaluru - Ranch & back on 27th Jan 2020, due to COVID and other reason the flight got cancelled. While chasing for the refund, they asked me to reach out Go Air since they are not agree to cancel and refund. Finally with great fight GoAir is cancelled tickets and refunded to MMT on 9th Feb 2021. From that onwards, these people made my hell of life. Sending so many letters, none of customer care people reached out me. They have made such worst CC centre, none of you can reach the personnel, only IVR is the reply. I given bank statement/cc statement but still these MMT idiots not responding me. Please do not opt MMT for any travel, one of the cheating company.

MakeMyTrip.com Company Information