1.17/5
Based on 74 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

MakeMyTrip.com

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 16, 2018

355 MakeMyTrip.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

We booked our hotel in Goa in December 2017 from 26 January to 28 January. As it was peak time in Goa so for non inconvenience we booked in advance because we have 2 yr old baby with us. When we reached near about hotel and called hotel manager he said, "You have reached wrong place. My person will pick you and drop you to hotel." We waited there for almost 1 hour and it was too hot. My child was crying like anything. After 1 hr 1 local boy came and dropped us to worst place where 1 local hotel was there and asked to check in. We find that it was not the hotel we booked thru MakeMyTrip. Our hotel in which we booked was provided to other persons. And we were asked to stay on local hotel. No response from customer care. We paid 15000 for rooms of RS 5000... disgusting.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I booked hotel from MakeMyTrip... with refunds charges. After cancellations hotel bookings not refund any amounts. We have to do the case against all the actors and actresses who advertised that make do like this and that. Very bad experience with MakeMyTrip... Stop using this and delete all users using the app...

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I have booked a round trip from cab for 3 days from Delhi to Mussoorie. As per MMT promises they include local sightseeing while booking round trip from cab. I thought I can enjoy my trip. 1st when cab came for pickup it was smelling like hell. We bought car freshener by our self. SO CAB WAS NOT CLEANED. When we reached Mussoorie driver said he have to go somewhere. I told him we hired cab for 3 days and he should take us for local sightseeing. Then he asked for 3 thousand for local sightseeing. I thought I can call customer support for help. 1st agent said, "You already paid less for cab," because I got offer price. Which was unexpected reply from customer support. I paid whatever amount told on website.

I never bargained for total amount. I asked for supervisor but they said, "Supervisor is not here." They will arrange a call back within 2 hrs. After 2 hrs I called customer support again and this time agent said he cannot provide any help even they cannot fulfill whatever they promise us while booking cab. I asked for cancellation as refund. They denied for that too. I have already paid them in advance so I had left with no option. Such a pathetic service from MMT. Do not ever trust them. They just take money and make money company.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018 MakeMyTrip team is fraud. They will simply misguide customers and keep handing multiple numbers of team members to get rid of mistakes from their end.

Customer care for this company should seriously shut down, as they have zero decency to talk to or manage a customer. I booked my international tickets and after entering OTP page says, "Time out. Kindly book again from homepage." I believed the website and booked again. MMT has sent me 2 tickets of same travel and charged my card twice. Even after Harassing me on phones and email. They are not giving me refund and this is due to their website. They took my hard earned money for no reason.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I booked my flight from round trip flight from Hyderabad to Bangalore and suddenly within few minutes had a change of plan and called for change the dates and in return they asked me pay very very high price and I thought of cancelling the flight and contacted them and they informed me that I will get back only INR 1600 of 11343 (approx); but to my shock whenever I call the customer care, it would automatically get disconnected. After I trying several times, I decided to cancel through official airlines and they promised that I would get 5300 (approx); but instead again MakeMyTrip mailed me that I may get only 2156 and remaining is MakeMyTrip charges which is absolute cheating. My sincere request to fellow passengers, always try to book through official airlines, this middle agents make a killing once you decided to change the flight or cancel.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MakeMyTrip.com?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I booked two Air India Tickets for journey date 30/12/2017 from Delhi to Kolkata. The tickets were booked on 26/06/2017. PNR and Tickets No. are ** respectively. As per Govt. Decision, User Development fees charged from passengers towards Delhi airport was slashed to Rs10 for domestic passenger w.e.f. 07/07/2017 and airlines would refund the excess amount to the passenger for those who booked the ticket on or before 7 July but are yet to commence the travel. I paid user development fees @ Rs. 564 per passenger. I had not received any refund. I requested MMT on 31/12/2017 for refund of excess UDF. Even after expiry of one month, they refused to UDF refund for one reason or the another whereas Paytm has already refunded excess UDF for air ticket booked through them. Never book any air ticket through MakeMyTrip.com. They are cheater. Try other website.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Booked a Thailand tour for 8 nights at 60k per head for 4-star hotels and below is the mention of the service MakeMyTrip.com guys gave and how they swindled us: The hotel at Bangkok had cockroaches and mosquitoes in the hotel room, the hotel in Krabi didn't even offer vegetarian food, elevator facility nor a simple phone in the room to call for service. With the temperatures at this place I at least expected AC to work properly and at least a bottle of water for free.

However, as I see it I climb 4 floors with loads of luggage to get into a room with no proper conditioning, no water, no food and to ask anything I have to go down 4 floors to search alternative ways to make my trip sustainable. I don't understand where did they use all our money if I had to spend every penny extra on basic things that you normally get in a hotel for free.

I had senior citizens with me and they had to carry luggage all the way from 4th floor because the hotel didn't even have service people. Only 2 girls at the desk. I had given all the information to MMT people before the trip on food and guests and still this level of ignorance on their part was astounding to me. Don't let me start on the tours that we overpaid and under serviced for. Later came to know not doing pre-bookings would have costed me way less. This is the last time I will be using their ** money swindling service and advise others to not go for the easy route they make you think you are taking. The after-feeling is much worse. Zero Star giver.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Awful customer service… We bought 5 tickets from them and due to medical reason (Cancer) we ask for refund and it have been over 2 months which they are dragging us for our money in this difficult situation in our family! Never and ever buy from them again!!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Booked a cab from Delhi airport to Agra. Ticket mentioned all toll included. They took the NH route because the toll is cheaper without prior information. They say that this is a shorter route in kms. But what about the unnecessary delay and the mental exhaustion caused by the traffic. Also the customer care personnel says I should have asked about the route. Highly unprofessional. At least these things should be clarified beforehand. Enticing customers by cheap offers. Disgusting.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

MMT is bluffing people in showing that the accommodation is present and 'Book now' being active, when I click on it it turns into 'Sold out'. This happens for most of the hotels. This is a bluff by MMT. Don't know why it is doing that. What is the fun in showing book now when it's sold out! Besides, for the cases where it does go to the next screen, it says prices have decreased but to our surprise, it's far higher than what is show on the previous screen. This again is a bluff. This business must be made to shut down if it does not mend its ways!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Search page shows the lower price to grab your info and booking, but increases on the payment page, almost 30 to 50% increased. Even after sending 5-7 reminders with screenshots, MMT does not bother to resolve the price discrepancies. Intentionally, they close the case immediately (even before MMT discussed the case with the customer) to forge the higher score.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

Well I booked a round trip from Hyderabad to Srisailem. I had paid 5555 rs already for the package. There was nowhere mentioned that this includes a total KM of 438 and when we came back Driver asked to pay for 90KMs which was additional. When asked why he said the reading exceeded and when we called MMT even they said we have exceeded and now we have to pay for extra 90 KM on 12.5 rs per KM.

When I asked how you know whether driver is telling is correct. The customer representative told us that he talked to driver and though there was language issue I would have to pay and there is no GPS tracking. The company doesn't even track who is going at location whether travelers are safe. When I told this will be last time I would use this site The CR told me no problem. The site owners are least bothered who is registered on the site. The driver that came was not a transport vehicle. Even driver himself told that who books online. If you would have asked me I would have taken you in 5000 rs whereas I ended up paying 5555 rs to MMT and 1125 Rs to driver. This was mood wrecker after a tiring journey. I would say do not use this site. This site is like a mediator without any responsibility. They charge you to engage the cabs as if customer doesn't know how to arrange the cabs or talk.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I booked (Booking ID: **) a return ticket and paid for Zero Cancellation charges for both the sides. I then cancelled the return flight but to my surprise MMT deducted the entire amount and refunded only Rs 166!!! When I called the Customer Care, they informed me that if I would have cancelled the entire booking, then only I would have got the full money back! How insane!!! Is this how MMT want to cheat their customers? Now the customer care people are citing the fine prints in their T&Cs about this stupid scheme!!! I would call out this bluff of MMT to all the users and recommend not to opt for this fraud scheme as they may end up paying extra bucks but cannot achieve the end goal for getting their full money back in case they have to cancel their journey.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I had a bitter experience with MMT cab service during my recent vacation. For a 3 hr one way trip I was delayed by 2 hrs and had to make several calls to several people, MMT, driver and vendor to get my issues resolved. There was initially a confusion on the pickup location in my booking, this was brought to notice of MMT well ahead of time but that was never communicated to the vendor by MMT. The vendor then took me for a ride giving all sorts of excuses and finally arranging a cab 1.5hrs late.

Even after the trip started, MMT did not provide the OTP, I was further delayed with the driver halting the cab on the highway and making me pay the toll charges. It took another 1/2hr to receive the OTP from MMT resulting in 2 hr delay in my trip. Based on this experience I took Ola cabs for my subsequent trip during the vacation and I could clearly see the difference in service. There were no surprises be it in cab booking, tracking and trip mileage and prices. I would strongly recommend Uber/Ola service for outstation or rental services and avoid MMT who don't seem to have any control or responsibility of their service.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I had been booking flight ticket through MakeMyTrip, at Jet Airways, on JANUARY 1st 2018, 21:40, but that flight preponed by Jet Airways, by 18:00, as well they canceled my ticket, but Jet Airways told me as I can and I should Refund by MakeMyTrip only. Hence I am trying to refund my money from MakeMyTrip website as well as I try to talk with customer care executive, but No response from that MakeMyTrip ** idiots, they're cheating thieves.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Here is complete feedback regarding the above booking. First of all there were few hitches at the time of booking itself regarding communication issues, so we just went ahead as is to save time and energy. Though scanned copies of Passports were made available as soon as booking was confirmed thru first payment, the validity of one passport was communicated after 5-6 days of sending it when docs were forwarded to visa dept. This caused last minute panic for renewing passport and lot of tension, stress and extra costs coordinating between 3 cities to get it renewed on urgent basis and this had financial implications too. Again we were lucky to get visas just 3 days before travel adding to our stress as the booking was under 100% cancellation charges clause, it being just a week before travel date.

On the last day when we got a briefing call from MMT we were told all vouchers and etickets had been sent by email. On checking, I immediately communicated back by email that no attachment had been received. I was resent the attachment and strangely the internal domestic flight from Shanghai to Xian had just names of 6 pax and no eticket no or PNR no. When I expressed my concern I was told not to worry as the concerned team in China had been communicated and all was in order. In case of any issues, we were told there was an emergency contact no. on the vouchers forwarded.

Shanghai tour lot of time was unnecessarily wasted in lunches that could have been avoided. On 3rd day, 6 of us were isolated from the group and sent separately to another airport and as suspected, the flight from Shanghai to Xian wasn't booked for any of us and it totally spoilt our holiday mood. No one responded immediately and it was after an hour or so that Dora, the corresponding agent in Beijing made some efforts to book us on the next flight. We could have easily made it on the same flight if only someone had responded immediately, making us lose precious time. Also the passport no. of the newly renewed passport hadn't been updated from your end causing further delay and confusion at the airport as we had to ask Dora to book again with new passport no. This was despite the scanned copy of new passport sent to all concerned departments thrice from here itself.

In Xian it was a day wasted as we reached last minute and had less than an hour to see the terracotta warriors, the highlight of the tour in Xian and couldn't see it completely. Nor could we visit the museum or the film which was of main interest to us. Also the guide was misinformed regarding the Fountain show and that also was missed as we reached late. Basically Xian was totally a wasted trip as we weren't able to do anything properly and were just tired walking around without being able to see much.

Beijing trip too lot of time was spent on Lunch, Dinner and shopping stops. At the actual points of interest like the Olympic Stadium Nest and Cube we were rushed and given just 20 minutes to look around while there was no time limit set for the Shopping stops at Pearl & Jade factory. This made most of the group feel cheated as we were there to see as many places of interest as possible. On most flights esp Domestic ones we didn't get any meals as no one had put in Veg meal requests on our file though this had been communicated from the beginning itself.

All in all we felt it has been a stressful experience from booking to completion of trip and we were lucky to have made it to China and back, mostly thanks to our own efforts of making required docs available on time. It has been disappointing and highly unprofessional approach of agents for not responding on time or not providing clarity. Someone obviously didn't take the pains to see if all segments of the trip were booked and appropriate requests put on file nor was the new passport updated on file.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Please if you can, stay away from booking on MakeMyTrip – my honest review and appeal to all. I traveled to Lucknow on 15th December 2017 and it was my first time. Booked online both Shatabdi and hotel. Hotel in question here is Sumitra. I already paid for my 2 nights/3 day visit prior but when I reached Sumitra Hotel, they adamantly asked for 300 extra. I had to call MakeMyTrip but they passed the buck on call even before 2 days after booking I spoke to MMT about extra person and they said they only need Primary information and not the extra person. Anyways, paid 300 bucks upfront at hotel for flaw in MakeMyTrip operations and mind you this is entirely unethical as whether it was 300 or 3000 they should inform or state on their website.

My hotel ordeal didn’t last there, when I checked out on 17th at 12 noon, they again asked for 300 bucks extra. Hotel manager/owner who is a Sardar (can’t recall his name) and no pun intended – said, "We told you 300 extra “per night”"when in reality he said only 300 extra at time of check-in – smartass. All in all, I strongly condemn MakeMyTrip and Hotel Sumitra for their unethical, absurd and unprofessional tactics of phishing customers.

I also appeal to the brand ambassadors who are Alia Bhatt and Ranveer Singh to kindly take a note of it – I believe you’re morally liable if people are getting ripped off their money by brand you endorse. People of all ages follow and admire you both, but look at the brand you are endorsing. I have call recordings and print outs of MakeMyTrip bookings/on-call for referral of NOT apprising me of extra guest details while booking hotel from their online platform. You already have ripped me off my hard-earned money and I guess hundreds if not thousands by using same tricks/scam.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I had booked a flight from Dunedin to Delhi on 1 Dec, 2017. During the booking, customer care agent was damn nice to help me with the booking but ended up with cheating as to inform me that tickets are being sold so quick and I ended paying extra around 4000. On top of that, I was informed by the same agent that I can add extra luggage by calling the airline company. After booking, I call the airline company and they have denied. Secondly, the ticket booked by MakeMyTrip consists two airline companies and terrific thing is that both the airline companies do not have an agreement. Thus, one of my airlines informed me that they can't transfer my luggage directly to my destination.

I have a stopover in Hong Kong and I am stuck to either get the visa or make other arrangements. Recently, just 4 days back, I got an email from MakeMyTrip that one of the airlines has changed the flight schedule. For the past 4 days, I am calling again and again to MakeMyTrip to know the exact Schedule as well as to resolve my issues with Baggage but no response from their team. Their Customer care team is worst even I had the deal with. They will never response and call back. They will not communicate with customers. The policies of MakeMyTrip is to get new customers and get many as new bookings. I am totally stuck here and do not know what to do. My Travel dates are approaching soon but I do not have the tickets and even baggage information. Please avoid booking through MakeMyTrip. I wish, I should have read all those reviews prior to make a booking. I am regretting for making a booking through MakeMyTrip.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

Holiday package booked with single payment and received service confirmation and itinerary. When we started our trip we came to know hotel was not booked once we reach the hotel! Worst service. They don't have humanity and responsibility to response. Making money in wrong way is their agenda. My intention to write this review is to aware people not to use this application and book any packages from this company!! They should not face the problem what I have faced it.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

So, I booked my ticket from MakeMyTrip on 13th of November, 2017. Due some error the ticket could not be booked but the money was deducted from my account. I received a mail saying, "Within a span of 12 days you'll receive." I said okay. Then when I called after 12 days they told me that it might take 15 days. I said okay. Then finally I called them on 5th of December, 2017. Asking when will I receive my refund. They said, "Ma'am the refund has been done." I said I haven't received it in my account and even a single mail by MakeMyTrip that the refund has been done.

He said, "In this case you have to share all the personal details of your account." I said, "I can't do that as it's my personal account and you already have the required details regarding the following." He said, "Ma'am you have." We had a heated argument then I said tell me any other way out. He said, "Please give me a minute. I'll get back to you." Since then, he put me on hold for around 50 mins then I deducted the call and called them again, nobody picked up. They're such a losers. Having a such a big site and doesn't leave refund someone's 820 rupees. They're the cheaters. NEVER BOOK YOUR TICKET FROM @MAKEMYTRIP. And the behaviour of the executive was exceptionally bad.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

On 28 Nov 2017 I had booked a flight ticket for Kolkata to Bagdogra. Booking was done money also deducted. But they did not sent any notification about booking. After 2 days of waiting I send an email enquiring about booking. They replied my mail saying booking transaction was unsuccessful which is unbelievable. After taking my money from the bank this company is transaction is unsuccessful. This is completely like stealing money. This company is untrusted and unworthy. I just lose my Rs 5300 just like this. After few days I called to the customer support. He said me another story that my booking was confirmed and ticket had issued. Whereas as I travelled by another airlines. I always book ticket online it has never happen but in MakeMyTrip.com it happened like this. So I want to tell everyone please don't booked ticket through this site. It is so unsafe. Before booking the ticket please read the review.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I booked a ticket for Lucknow from Delhi Anand Vihar ISBT for Nov-21.17 at 10:30 from MakeMyTrip.com. They provided me the booking of a bus which is not there at the stand at all (see the pic of ticket). When I called the number mentioned was in the ticket, that was switched off and the customer care of MakeMyTrip.com was saying we can't do anything for now, take an alternate. What they could do only, just raise a complaint regarding the issue according to their customer executive. I can't catch up my bus due to it and suffered a heavy loss of the time and amount of the ticket which was Rs 850 also Rs 1100 for taking an urgent bus reservation. I am now finding myself cheated and want the compensation for my loss. It is a humble request to all the travelers please don't use MakeMyTrip.com, these guys are making their customers fool and nothing else. I am now going to lodge a complaint in the consumer court.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Booked a one-way cab from Noida for 23/11/17 to drop at Agra. On its website the cars shown are very much clean and in new condition. Since I had booked an SUV expecting MakeMyTrip would send Innova or Xylo as they have displayed Innova only. When the cab arrived I was surprised it was a light Maruti Ertiga. Anyhow I had to travel at any cost. The driver drove at a speed of 130-140 km/hr on asking he replied he has to come back soon. What a service? Putting our lives on risk expressway. On contacting MakeMyTrip customer care I was informed the allowed speed is 60-80 km/hr only. Just see how the guy was crazy. Further the car was dirty. Not cleaned for so many days. Anyways my trip ends safely by the grace of God. I request all not to book cab from Makemytrip.com as you will not get the cab of your choice moreover putting your life on risk and facing unprofessional driver's behaviours.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I book flights IndiGo Airlines-6E-141 from Chennai to Bhubaneswar, Date 14.11.2017 time 12.30 IST to 14.20 IST. The flight is non stop but today I check in post IndiGo staff is give me two ticket flight No-6E315 is one Chennai to Hyderabad time 12.05 to 12.50 and another 6E264 Hyderabad to Bhubaneswar Time 16.35 to 17.20. I ticket non stop and goes to one stop. Don't any message flight change. It is not good service. My time is waste and don't like this change. Next time I don't goes any place any IndiGo flight. MakeMyTrip is not good service. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I made hotel booking through MakeMyTrip & canceled reservation & MakeMyTrip has took my life to giving refund. Have been chasing for last 7 days for refund... It’s very easy to booking through MakeMyTrip but if any amendment would require they would take our life... Sometime it’s very difficult to connect with them & the people are sitting in their call center they are very unprofessional...

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Booked Kerala package through MMT as this is brand but it's worst brand I ever seen. Don't trust them if they are saying they are providing 3 star hotels for your stay. The hotel I had it's starless. Cheap hotel in cheap area. I have contacted customer service and they said it will take time to resolve. I said okay but no calls. I have called the executive. He never answered my call. When called care the guy who is on call speaks very rudely and saying it's not MMT fault. If you want to change hotel change it by yourselves and make payment for it. Even I didn't get cab details on travel date as well. I called in between of journey to get cab details. Worst service and MMT executive are also very harsh and rude. Don't go with MMT.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I am very much dissatisfied with the services of Makemytrip.com. Since I was supposed to travel from Mumbai to Shirdi by late evening 10:30 pm whereas it was printed 10:30 am morning. I booked sleeper class that is for night only but they have wasted my money. Even, well in advance I requested them to re-schedule the same but denied to do that.

Now my Rs.1200/- wasted and they are not providing any refund for the same. I want my refund and in future will make sure that I will not book any ticket through the portal. Very shameful that they don't provide any option to customers when we come with any query. Please look into this and facilitate to provide my refund without any deduction.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

We booked a houseboat in Alleppey, Kerala through this very reputed platform for 29th September, 2017. We were supposed to check in at 12 pm that day, and when we called the houseboat to ask for where it will pick us from, they told us that there was no booking under our name. This happened 2 hours before our check-in and we called MakeMyTrip immediately. They took 10-15 minutes to figure out that due to some technical glitch, we got a booking confirmation from MakeMyTrip but there was no real booking done at the houseboat. When we asked them to help us, they suggested to find us an alternative in the next 15 mins. We didn't even once received a call from them and kept calling for the next 2 hours when everytime a new executive attended us and we had to repeat our whole issue and he would again ask for 15 more mins to find an alternative.

They kept us waiting with all our bags packed, and after 2 hours told us that they cannot arrange for anything and we should just go and book something locally in Kerala. Is that what these websites are running for? To suggest people to roam around in new cities looking for places to live? Now, we could still see 2-3 houseboats on the MakeMyTrip website right in front of us, but the executives kept saying that it's not true and there is no availability in them. So basically this website shows you hotels which don't have real rooms in them but are just there for show? They kept making up unbelievably dumb stories and never agreed to book an alternative for us which was their responsibility.

Now, they told us that they will refund the amount we paid and the discount that we got on the booking, both to us as a token of apology. Then we received a formal mail from MakeMyTrip which only reflected the booking amount as the refund. I called again and asked where the discount amount is written in the refund. The executive named Chandrima **, then sent me an informal mail from her personal account which mentioned both the booking and discount prices and said that this amount will be refunded. There was no formal receipt or anything which looked very fishy to me in the first place.

We received the booking amount in the next one week and never received the discount amount. And I have called them more than 10 times in the past one month and they keep making a fool of me by giving unprofessional excuses like the executive who was handling your case is on a vacation, or the accounts team is down, or the banking systems have some problem, which is why they haven't refunded the amount for the past one month. There was no problem in refunding the booking amount in a week but they are having third-world problems in refunding the discount.

I will recommend people to never book from a platform as such which doesn't respect its customers and where the officials believe in fooling you, instead of helping you or being apologetic at all about their mistakes. Not a website to be trusted when going to a random new city. Will always prefer Goibibo or Yatra over a website as such which lies about such petty things. I have added images of both the mails. The official mail which I received from MakeMyTrip and then the unofficial mail which I received from the executive and the chat that I had with her thereafter.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Recently I booked Flight ticket of my child from Delhi to Amsterdam & return costing Rs 47585/-. My Wallet was having Rs 8000/- usable amount. While doing the booking on the phone it was told to me that you cannot utilize My Wallet amount and I was asked to pay Rs 47585/- by sharing a payment link by MMT. I paid with my HDFC Credit card and got the ticket. Later I observed that My Wallet Rs 8000/- was taken away for the booking. I need my full money back credited to HDFC account.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

26Jul; I booked my ticket to travel on the 12th of Aug from CCU to MEL. 8th Aug; My father passed away. 11th Aug; I tried to change date of travel to 21/22nd of Aug but same segments were not available except for in Business Class and thus I had to cancel and rebook to travel on the 22nd with Thai Airways as the fare difference for business class was beyond my reach. Singapore Airlines provides excellent service which prompted me to use their service again initially. I received my refund notice on 16th and called up your customer service who advised that Rs. 2,825 was received from Singapore airlines and was refunded to my account.

As per standards; for a non-refundable ticket the Base fare is non-refundable but taxes come back as they are not paid by the airlines to the authorities if a person does not fly. For my booking the base fare was Rs. 13,160 and taxes were Rs. 19,226 (Breakdown was confirmed over the phone at the time of cancellation). Thus I should have got a refund amounting to something close to RS. 19,000 after deducting MMT fees/handling charges. Thus I contacted Singapore Airlines and they advised that except for the base fare the remaining amount went back to MakeMyTrip and that she was happy to confirm that over a conference call.

I called you again and spoke to Sudip on Aug 16th; Reference ID: ** informing him of that same. He initially said that MMT only received 2.8K from SA but on cross-checking with SA he confirmed that an amount close to 19K has been received by MMT and that the issue has been passed on to your Accounts team who would process a proper refund. Further to that I receive another email from you saying that the issue is closed and thus I call up and spoke to Debtanu ** on Aug 19th. Reference ID: ** and after going through the same drill as before come to the same conclusion again and a reminder was sent to your Accounts department.

I have spent a lot of time chasing the issue with you, getting conflicting information. If you put yourself in my shoes and consider my situation; it has been a tough time for me and our family and then to deal with this on top of everything is really frustration. My question to you is, why do you not have transparent information about where the money is in your company? Being a customer of the company, why do I have to go through all this and invest so much time to get back my own money? Hopefully I will get a speedy reply and a solution for my concern.

MakeMyTrip.com Company Information

www.makemytrip.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use