1.1/5 (101 ratings)

About MakeMyTrip.com

MakeMyTrip.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MakeMyTrip.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about MakeMyTrip.com?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

Day by day, MMT is graduating from bad to worse. I used MMT for booking my stay at Residence Inn Marriot at Phoenix AZ, I got confirmation for the booking so I flew to Phoenix considering that I have a place to stay, once I reached property I asked for the room, to my surprise Hotel said that my booking was cancelled by my provider(i.e. MMT). I was shocked because I was in a different country and I don’t even know the place and I don’t have a place to stay (you can imagine the ordeal). I asked Hotel for a reason why the booking was cancelled and they suggested that they don’t have a reason because it was done by the portal that I booked the hotel and only option I have is to check with them.

It was 15th Sep around 4:00 PM local time and my disaster started from here, I called MMT customer service (1-800-463-4210), I spoke to Vikash on first call, he took all my details and asked to wait for 30 minutes and assured me that someone from their relevant team will call me back at my US number and provide resolution. I waited for almost an hour standing outside the hotel but never got a call, I called them again. This time I spoke to Rajat, He again took all the details and said he do not have an information what happened previously and he will make sure I get a call back from team concerned in next 15-20 minutes.

I again waited for almost 40 minutes, no call was received, I called again and spoke to Rahul (for that matter I realized they have 3 different Rahuls) and he immediately understood my concerned and suggested me to wait for another 30 minutes and also promised me that he will call me back in 30 minutes to check if I got a call or not, I was a fool to trust them, neither of them called. I reached out to MMTC again and spoke to Sujit, he said nothing is in his hand and has to have a team concerned call me back, I suggested if he can transfer the call because it's been 3 hours and I have been standing on road with luggage and nowhere to go but he did not listen and kept saying he doesn’t have any means to get me connect to anyone.

I thought I will give one more try (I didn’t have a choice. I was at MMTC mercy), I agreed to another fake promise of a call back, meanwhile, I started checking nearby hotel availability because by this time I was sure MMTC will not call me back (exactly what happened). I tried to find in available properties at around 8 evening, To my utter shock & disbelief there was no availability for 15th Sep night, I was left stranded on the road in a different country and no other place to go. The place also didn’t look secured, My phone’s battery was almost dying and I had no place to go.

I went to a café nearby with all my luggage and no place to stay and charged my phone and tried to call MMTC again, what a pain, I spoke to Vikash now and he said exactly the same thing, he will escalate and get me a call in 30 minutes, I requested him and pleaded him that I have been waiting for almost 5 hours already, he said he don’t have any information from my previous conversation and has to treat it as new case, he assured me that he himself will call me in 30 minutes to check if I got a call or not. I had no choice except to wait, meanwhile, because it was getting way too late, I had to take up an accommodation which costed me more than $200 per night. I anticipated that I will get a call from MMTC but I never did, I kept calling them after every hour and spoke to a different person and was been promised a call in 10-15 minutes because everyone highlighted the case on priority.

It is strange that they don’t have authority and they never have a supervisor to talk to on the floor. Every time I asked for a supervisor I got exactly same answer that supervisor is not available, I was promised supervisor call as well but I never received, meanwhile, I got an email from MMTC stating that they tried to reach out to me, I immediately replied to them but never got a revert and I have replied to that email 7 times already in last 2 days but yet to get any response, email is from Mou **. I am seriously disappointed by the kind of services I received from MMTC and has left a bitter taste in mouth and will never use the services again and make sure I let my network know what really happened. I am sure this email also will fall into deaf ears but I am going to share my views wherever I can.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I giving one star because there is no option to give 0 stars. I was trying to cancel the booking. The site says there is a cancellation charge. In fact the cancellation charge is more than the actual charge. So you won't get anything. Cheater, Cheater Cheater...

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I normally don't review services or believe the reviews I read as I often think it's not real or exaggerated. However in this case I was the victim of Makemytrip.com. I booked a flight on their website for myself and my wife. Hours later I receive two calls from the fraud dept asking if I made the purchase which I responded yes. They sent me an email asking for my card front and back and photo ID. They called again and I didn't answer, pressuring me to hurry and send. Then they tried calling my other number from public records and asked my previous wife if she knows where I am saying they trying to get thru to me about a flight I booked for me and someone else. She told them she doesn't know where I am. When I reached the airport the flight was voided. They voided the ticket and didn't send me any emails. I suggest you never book with them. Your confirmed flight is never actually confirmed. You don't get a peace of mind at all.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Day by day, MMT is graduating from bad to worse. I used MMT for booking my stay at a beach house in Kannur. Kannur not being a tourist centric town, I chose the best accommodation in the best available property for a 2 nights’ stay. The property is in a village & after reading the description and facilities, I was quite surprised that such a place can exist in a small village in Kannur. I even confirmed the details by talking over the phone with MMT support & the property owner.

To my utter shock & disbelief, out of 28 promised facilities, 20 were absent, 2 I didn’t require. Most importantly, there was no security, neither for the guests (any outsider could come & go at their own free will), nor for the law enforcement (Our IDs were not checked, any person can stay claiming someone else’s identity). The accommodation was filthy, broken floors & full of jumbo sized cockroaches.

And when these were brought to the notice of MMT, the response came that they will resolve this by 48 hours, i.e. 24 hours beyond my stay at the property.

Finally, their resolution was to issue a voucher to me with a definite expiry period. It means, for the resolution to be effective, I would need to avail the MMT services again Once beaten, twice shy. NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

I wanted to book flight for 27th Aug, however accidentally selected 26th Aug and booked the flight. So I called within 10 mins to MakeMyTrip and asked to reschedule my flight but they said you have to pay complete amount again, even I asked them to fine 1000-2000 rupees but please reschedule it but they said no you have to pay complete charge around 8000 again. I have to go to Bangalore from Delhi very urgent due to illness to my family member but they didn't helped me. Very pathetic experience. I will never book flight from MakeMyTrip.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

I visited Goa along with my family. Booked hotel. Air pick up drop by Mrs. ** branch manager of Make my trip.com Pune. Excellent service, good teamwork. Hotel very nice food. Good hotel. Zenzer Panaji Goa heart of city.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Horrible experience, tried to change my ticket dates and the agent send me a link that I could only pay with an Indian card, finally found someone with Indian card and we were not able to pay as the link was corrupted, we tried with multiple cards is like the bank knew it was a fraud, after few hrs. the agent told me that if I did not show up I need to pay, how I will pay if I could not charge the flight because of the alternative options of the application (the corrupted link). I went to the office in Dubai and it looks abandoned, the security said everyday 10 people go to the office and find not response. I truly believe this application is a fraud.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I have MMT ELITE membership and many services are under this membership. I have done a hotel booking and free pick and drop service available in membership but hotel is denying that there are no complimentary transfer and contact to MakeMyTrip. But now MakeMyTrip is also denying. This is fraud company and more information. Pls. contact me **.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I got booked my ticket during covid and got cancelled also but as of today one of my ticket refund has not been received. Every time at website they say the amount is credited in to cash wallet but nothing is there.

Original review: July 31, 2022

I booked a flight from Dubai to Hyderabad, and had to cancel my flight due to work related issues. However, when I applies for cancellation they didn't even refunded me a penny. The ticket was around Rs:-13,000. I felt like I got scammed. Tldr, not gonna use this scam website next time.

MakeMyTrip.com Company Information