1.07/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

478 MakeMyTrip.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

This is a terrible company to book with. After 4 hours, they have still not answered and keep saying high call volume. The app I downloaded from them does not recognize our PNR number or booking ID#. We need to make a change in one of our tickets, but do not want to cancel the second leg in the trip. Indigo Air web page also does not recognize our reservation due to MakeMyTrip's. This is the worst booking experience we have had.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

We had booked this hotel through Make My Trip. The location is not on the beach, as claimed but in a dirty lane. The rooms are dirty with broken furniture, filthy bathroom, and service is very bad.The balcony wall was broken and overlooked another very dirty building that was hardly 5-6 feet away from the room. The whole atmosphere was extremely disappointing and depressing. The hotel is frequented by bachelors in large groups, and not meant for decent families. There was loud talking, laughter and fooling around from one of the rooms right through the night up to 2. a.m. Complaining to the staff was of no use.

We had booked this place by paying four days' rent in advance through MMT. But we decided to check out after the first night itself. The hotel staff refused to make any concession in tariff. In fact, they also refused to give us a valid receipt with item-wise break up of the amount received in advance. Not only were they rude and aggressive in attitude, they did not even help us get a vehicle to go to another hotel. I would never recommend this hotel to anybody and would request Make MY Trip blacklist this hotel. We had made an online payment of Rs. 7392 for a four day stay here, from 14 January 2019 to 18 January 2019, through Make My Trip. I would further request Make My Trip to help us get a full refund of Rs. 7392. A reply from MMT will be highly appreciated.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Perfect place for stay in Mussoorie. Beautiful construction and location. Soft spoken and cooperative staff. Clean and well-maintained rooms and hygienic and clean washrooms. Food is tasty. Overall stay is great. Would love to stay here on my next visit. For people searching for cleanliness in a hotel stay, this is the right place.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Never ever book anything with MakeMyTrip - They are just here to make money and do daylight robbery. I booked an Air Ticket from Bangalore to Bali, I don't have a last name and the MakeMyTrip portal doesn't take the booking without a last name, it doesn't have any warning symbol as well saying "If you don't have a last name, Do this or that." Whereas GoIbibo has that option. I had travelled to Singapore previously booking an Air ticket via Goibibo without a last name and was successful.

At MMT I booked my ticket giving my First name as a last name - VARSHA VARSHA, after I booked the tickets just to be on a safer side I called MMT and they asked me to send the passport details to clarify with the Airlines. I was in a doubt because my friends have had worst experiences with MMT so called the Airlines directly. Airlines people told that the MMT people will cancel the ticket and rebook it for me.

As I was waiting I received an email from MMT saying I have to cancel the tickets and the penalties will be borne by me. My 16,000 INR was deducted as penalty just because they had no option of proceeding without a Last name (Nor they had a disclaimer before proceeding). It's my sincere request for the travellers to not book any kind of service with MMT. They are here just to make money and use those penalty money to pay the celebrity brand ambassadors for ads.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I was promised of full refund twice before I cancelled my flight ticket (USA return flight) and rebooked another ticket from MakeMyTrip portal for the same person for the same destination for the same dates. After my booking, they still kept on saying that you be getting the full refund as shown in my app. But after 20 days, they informing me that I will get only 50% and paid only half of the money. When I call them - they keep me on hold for 60 minutes and not doing the necessary. Their staff promised me of full refund as the flight was delayed from the starting point and thus missing connecting flight.

I just don't understand how can their staff confirm to me repeatedly of full refund and getting me book another flight on false promise. This was an international flight to the USA and thus nothing can be done by myself online (no cancellation / no date change / etc) and thus was dependent on the MakeMyTrip staff. This is ridiculous and would request all to be away from this false promised portal called MAKE MY TRIP.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MakeMyTrip.com?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

It's a very worst ever company anyone might have seen. No proper customer care, everything we have to wait via email. They don't bother about customer once the payment is done, works only 10 to 6, Sunday and general holidays no one will help up, it's shuts down. We had booked the tickets and applied visa. But didn't receive visa till the end. We lost our money as the flight departed. Careless people, no one contacts irrespective of many emails. Worst company, don't go for it.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I was about to pay the fare after 4 steps or and at the last leg when I am to hit pay, surprise surprise appears another 500 Rs convenience fees- Sneaky buggers. These are fellows you can't trust- finally booked through IRCTC Indin Railways booking system, that also allows you to book flights- straight forward and no trickery. I would recommend IRCTC compared to MakeMyTrip. Never be back.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Worst service ever by MMT. 2 star hotel (Hotel Suntej Plaza) was given to me for Nainital which looked like a slum. It was actually not a hotel even. The room was like a store room, sofa was broken, the blankets and sofa covers were torn. The bedsheets were not clean, there was no water, the tv was not functioning, no towels were given, no soap and shampoos were given and charged 2000 inr per day for that room which is not worth paying even 600 rs per day. Room service was poor. No room heater was given. Geyser was not functioning. The window was broken. Abhi jug was given instead of a mug. The toilet was dirty. Overall it was a nightmare for me. Besides these MMT team did not help me.

I complained about this from morning and they didn't resolve the issue. The MMT team gave me a nightmare. Never expected such kind of behaviour from MMT team. I visited many of the places by myself and those were not included in itineraries. I am never going with them ever after. Also I will not recommend any of my friends to go with MMT. Even those who travel with MMT I will tell my experience and share the photographs and will ask them not to go with MMT. Moreover they provide only a very limited sightseeing and nothing is described clearly while booking. I asked for Jeep safari in Corbett and they said they have added. But finally they said that don’t provide Jeep safari.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

As per my requirements I already told that I need good 4 star hotel. Although after many arguments before when I paid half payments I already had issue with the hotels but my people ensured me that hotel is perfect. Now here is the issue after I sees the hotel. 1. It's not at all look like a 4 star property, not an ambiance nor services are 4 star. 2. Rooms are way smaller, kinda a 2 star property.

I paid 1,12,000 INR and after spending money I am getting too small room which is ruining my honeymoon. After came here I found that this rooms cost only 1700 INR which is so shameful for me to get after spending this amount. Veg food in breakfast is myth, I already told that I am pure vegetarian but still I am not getting veg breakfast, so we have to starve. The major thing is in flight they forgot to mention my meal preference to vegetarian, so again I have to argue and beg for food which I already pay for. MakeMyTrip is the worst thing I deal with, please please do not go with this guys. Major nooo...

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I had booked for 2 nights stay in Marigold by Green Park hotel through MakeMyTrip. I had fully paid and had a confirmation. On reaching the hotel at 9 pm with family, the hotel guys said they don't have any reservation. I showed them the confirmation from MakeMyTrip and they did not care. They just said no reservation and made us stand in the lobby for more than an hour. We tried calling MakeMyTrip but put us on hold for more than 30 minutes and did not resolve the issue. Finally I had to book another hotel and go. It was such a terrible and shameful experience for me and my family. I still haven't got a refund. I will never recommend MakeMyTrip or Marigold by Green Park hotel to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

We had paid in advance for booking of 9 rooms at Ginger Hotel Mumbai. Enquiring 1 day prior to our booking date, hotel refused us saying no payments done and so no rooms available. Management is irresponsible so not trustworthy at all.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I had a very bad experience in my holiday due to MMT. I wouldn't recommend anyone to plan their holidays or book a package from them. They are least interested in customer satisfaction. Right from the flight to your luxurious stay in a hotel, you have to manage everything on your own. Even your calls get unattended by the customer service employees in case of any chaos or confusion. If you have lots of money and you want it to be wasted go ahead and book a package from them!!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I am a frequent traveller and use MMT to book all the hotels and flights. I always praise about this website for amazing services and prices and push my family and friends to use this site for all the bookings. This time I booked a package for 6 adults including my parents to Bali. I trusted the website blindly and relied on the choice MMT gave me as Astana Kunti Apartments for 6 nights and 7 days and I was told that it is a 4 star property.

When my parents went in the room they were welcomed by rats, lizards and mosquitoes. The stinkiness in the room was unbearable to them. When I called the MMT to change the hotels and also agreed to pay the difference if required, Mr ** (MMT representative) said that the hotel cannot be changed and after a long argumentation he disconnected my call without my consent and when I tried to call him few times he continued declining my call. I did sent MMT the pics of the room but no action has been taken as yet and now the condition is such that my mom is sick there in bed and it is a pure case of harassment. I am helpless here and after paying the whole amount for the trip MMT representatives are just ignoring my request of taking care of my parents. I do not know what to do on this anymore.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I had booked my round trip to the U.S through MMT. All was fine but due to personal reasons I had to come back to India 15 days before departure date. I tried to call the customer care of MMT in the US but there was no response. I kept trying. A recording said, "You will be attended shortly" but that shortly did never end. I kept wait on the phone for more than 2 hours but got no answer. Later I tried calling Virgin Atlantic customer care. After I narrated the whole situation to them, "I was told we cannot help you" since I had booked through MMT. They told me to contact MMT customer care. So I tried calling MMT again. This time I waited for more than 2 and half hour but got no answer except that the recording saying, "You will be attended shortly". I did not know what to do and how to contact MMT.

Later I told my contact in the US about the problem I was facing, he told me he will try and work out something so he tried calling MMT from his office phone but he too faced the same problem. There was no response. It seemed it was a dummy number. Well later my friend called the Dubai customer care service and finally after requesting them many times was able to change my return date. That too at a premium. So all my friends who plan to book a trip through MAKE MY TRIP kindly avoid it because MMT is the worst company to book your ticket through.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I'm in airport now. I was supposed to travel this morning Wow Air flight at 7 am. When I tried to check-in they said that "you didn't have any active booking." I have printed itinerary with e-ticket no but no luck. They acknowledged their stupidity. I'm from Rajasthan... They ruined my trip... Please please beware of this people... I don't recommend them at all. Consult some other travel agent directly or Responsible agent...

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

No resolution for your complaints. MMT customer care service does not entertain customer well as they are unprofessional... They only help you when they get money. If you need help regarding any complaint or any booking they won't help you... No supports. I had booked my flight on 12th Jan from Delhi-Goa. And we have to stay there. That is 5 nights. And my hotel too booked from MMT for 5 night. After that I had make another booking of return to Goa-Delhi... So I had make that booking. Amount had been deducted. 8500 for 2 tickets.

After that the app shows me that booking confirmed for your Air Asia flight Delhi-Goa. Which has booking ID no. **. But I had done Goa-Delhi... I had done many complaints to change the category. Their simple answer is, "This now the category. Won't be change. Please cancel this ticket and you will get refund amount of 1800. Only from amount of 8500..." I had raise many complaints regarding this but no revert or solution given by MMT team. Last and final decision I will never use this app again.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

For my upcoming stay of 23 December, I booked hotel through MakeMyTrip on 13 November, paid full amount & got confirmation mail too. On 5 Dec I called hotel to confirm a early check-in, surprised to hear response from hotel that they are not connected with MMT & there is no booking of my name. In no time I send query to MMT & got confirmation mail with Reference ID **. But now after more than a week, no reply or resolution by MMT about my query. I have 2 hotel bookings & 1 flight. I'm feeling cheated. Now as there is no response from MMT, I'm booking directly with hotels again, making all payment. Shocked with customer service of such reputed company. Thanks for cheating MMT & double thanks for being mute too.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

So I booked bus ticket for 4 family members from Jhansi to Kanpur today evening and we were waiting at bus stop to pickup our bus, but bus didn't came at the stop and gone without picking us. When we called MakeMyTrip support then they said refund for the amount is not applicable after boarding time, even if we have been not picked up by the bus... so I recommend not to book ticket from MakeMyTrip... These cheapsters doesn't support the customer at any condition.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I booked a Jet Airways flight to my native, but as my leave didn't got approved, so I had to reschedule the date for travel, and for which MMT is deducting almost 100% of the fare. Worst services and policies by Jet Airways and MMT.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

They are ** in each and every possible way you can think. They just don't care about the customers. I don't know why this company even exist. I booked the room in Kerala after paying money and all. We called the hotel for confirmation. They said they are sold out for that date and these MMT guys has no answer for that when we call them. They keep on saying, "Wait for 48 hrs. Wait for 48 hrs." That's the only thing they know, I'm wondering if didn't confirm with the hotel and if we went there then I think we should have sleep on the road because of them. Screw you guys.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Annoying experience. Payment is a nuisance if you are a foreigner (often impossible) and customer service is pretty much non-existent. I see they have consistently bad reviews and it seems if there is any sort of issue that arises they don't really help or care. Probably best avoided. For third party transport booking something like Cleartrip is a better option.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Our recent trip to Bhutan through MMT was not a good experience. The trip was booked 4 months in advance and booking in 4 star resorts was communicated to have been done by the company. However, just a day before start of the trip two of the three hotels were changed to 3 star ones with much lower pricing as per internet search. One of the hotels (Zhingkham at Punakha) was poor in r/o room size (small room with two small beds joined together instead of a King size bed requested and agreed 4 months back), quality of meals and other amenities (Toilet door got locked and housekeeping help had to be sought).

For the next 2 days MMT did not respond to our repeated calls. The 4 senior citizens going through the trip were put to difficulty with poor response from MMT. Similarly in Paro, senior citizens were compelled to beg for a better room. Overall the experience was horrifying and travelers are advised to be cautious while booking with MMT.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I book flight ticket for Dubai to Tiruchirapalli, I want to change my return ticket next three days, I call them 18 hours before, they said cannot and I call Air India express customer service, they said it's possible within 12 hours. I lost my 13k and my new ticket 13k because of their careless, my booking ID is **. I WILL never ever suggest this company for others. They don't know the value of customer money.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I booked a cab to go from Jalandhar to Dalhousie through MMT. We were travelling by train from Delhi and had planned to take the cab from Jalandhar hence the booking was made. The train got delayed. I had two three rounds of discussion with the driver to inform him that our train is delayed and he should wait. I was informed that per hour of waiting I will have to pay Rs.120/-. I agreed to that and asked him to wait. But on arrival I found the car was not available there and on inquiring with MMT, it was found that the vendor of the car cancelled the booking.

I requested the MMT person to reschedule my booking. The MMT person informed that as the vendor cancelled the booking, neither refund can be made nor reschedule the trip. I wrote to MMT on their review but till now there is no response from MMT. I think they have just walked away with the money for no fault of mine. The suggestion is: as far as possible try to avoid MMT for any booking.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Really bad experience. Have been using this company to buy flight tickets since they came into existence. Made a genuine date mistake and rung them straight away (in 5 mins) but charged INR 1450 as cancellation, which would take 2 hrs to get authorised. It's a SHAM! company and we will never be using them again.

Customer service is atrocious.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Hi recently booked vacation to Malaysia from MakeMyTrip. Requested for a decent 4 star hotel. They put us up at SUMMIT HOTEL in Kuala Lumpur. The disgusting hotel had shabby stinky rooms and bathrooms. Aircon's not functioning, broken lampshades, rusted rods, dusty dirty rooms, rude staff. Overall had a ridiculous hotel experience. The MakeMyTrip staff Nitin purposely insisted on this hotel vouching to be the best with excellent customer reviews which was an absolute lie. Booking.com reviews clearly indicate this but MMT promised that the reviews trustable. We feel cheated by MakeMyTrip. Stay : 13 - 17th Nov 2018.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

We recently planned a trip to goa... though we earlier several times used #Goibibo for same, but our bad luck, this time we opted for MMT. MMT jus ruined our anniversary stay. We had booked #Sinq beach resort, seeing pics uploaded on *MMT*, which were all fake. Where to start from, but will start with the pool which was our major attraction to book. Pool... small dirty pool, nothing as in pics. Views... surrounded by slums... nothing as shown in pics. Rooms... dirty not maintained at all... have a big list which will upload on app too.

When we complained on MMT for same, they too a whole day just discussing with us on call after we raised a ticket and put a mail. We were standing outside hotel for 3hrs after doing a hectic journey of 10 hrs, being awake all night. But our issues were not resolved. The solution they gave us, to cancel booking and book a new one. Some Mr ** was on call for discussions, who just kept on saying... on discussion with hotel. Though the hotel group had 4 more properties, they offered us to stay at another property at an additional cost of 2500/day. When discussed with MMT about the extra amount to be paid, the hotel suddenly came up saying all rooms booked. Shameful for MMT to tie up with such hotels.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Several of the hotels we were put in through the company were poor, but Delhi was disgusting and so bad that we had to move hotels at our own expense. Took several pictures to send MakeMyTrip and to ask for reimbursement, but no help whatsoever. Their itinerary for us was ridiculous and the sites we were meant to see we didn't due to the fact we were driving for up to 11.5 hrs every day! The only good thing of the whole trip was the driver Rinku who worked for another company. DO NOT USE MAKEMYTRIP as they aren't reputable. Wish I'd have read reviews before booking through them.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I had booked a holiday package to Hyderabad from Kolkata and booked flight tickets of round trip on Air India through MakeMyTrip.com. Starting with the flight tickets - I had chosen 3 seats for us through Make My Trip (MMT) with extra charges. While doing a web check-in I came to know that my paid seats have been allotted to someone else. On calling MMT they put me on hold for more than 30 mins and said that Air India has no option to book seats. But MMT had shown me the seat matrix at the time of booking, let me book the seats with 500 extra bucks. Now they just apologized and said that I have to choose whatever seats are left from the airline's website. Moreover they agreed to return only Rs.400 not Rs.500.

Next about the trip - the hotel was not up to the mark although they charged around 22000/ for 2 adults and 1 kid for a 3 nights package without flight fares. Hotel and travel was included. Although they charged for 3 persons... the hotel could not provide an extra cot. I had to share a single bed with my 8 years old son. About the sightseeing... the MMT relationship officer had confirmed that I can cover some of the sightseeing on the first day. But the travel agency denied this and said it was only for pick up on the first day. We had to pay extra money to get some sightseeing on the first day as we didn't want to waste the time. Very bad experience. Will never book any holiday package with MMT.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I booked tickets for my parents from Bangalore to Delhi round trip on Oct 11. I had to cancel due to my dad’s health issue, the customer support representative mentioned she will take care on 23rd (day I had called) my booking was for 30th Oct - 4th November. Since I got busy with hospital visits and work I was under the impression that this would be taken care. On 30th Nov we are getting flight details update on registered mobile numbers. When I called back this was not canceled. I followed up multiple times but I have never seen such useless customer support and unethical company who just wants to cheat. Out of the entire amount of 25 only return amount of 4K was refunded even after informing much in advance and following up continuously. I would suggest people to go to respective airlines and book ticket and do not use MakeMyTrip.

MakeMyTrip.com Company Information