1.0/5 (84 ratings)

About MakeMyTrip.com

MakeMyTrip.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MakeMyTrip.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about MakeMyTrip.com?

Original review: May 20, 2022

Make My Trip people are pathetic, they have worst service ever. I have been calling for past 3 hours and everytime they dodge my call and keep asking me call back. They done even ready to listen to my complaints. I booked tickets today morning and did payment from my debit card, amount was debited but ticket was not generated. I don't have any reference code for the tickets but amount have been debited. I am trying to call and talk to the customer care but none of them are responsible enough to solve my issue. Make my trip has become a fraud company and stealing money.

Original review: May 17, 2022

Make My Trip people are pathetic. I booked a flight through them 2 months ago that got cancelled by the operator SpiceJet. I asked for refund, they initiated at that very moment, however it's been 2 months Make My Trip is keeping my money and not refunding... Whenever I call them, they say, "You will get in 48 hours." They are liars, I am going to file complaint against them.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2022

I booked a cab from Ahmedabad junction railway station to Gandhidham, the pickup time was 1:30. The driver...Bhargav **..phone number ** a total crook took note of our 7 baggages...Only one of which was large baggage and 6 small ones could have easily fit in the back of the ertiga...He made us wait beyond 1:30 For some bogus confirmation from his boss...He knew that I will not get cancelation refund if I cancel post 1:30. He refused me..My wife and kids entry into his cab...We were made to stand outside for 10 mins km sweltering heat!!! And as soon as the clock struck 1:30....He denied us the cab!!!! Bogus culture and no help provided by make my trip at all!!!! They just stuck to the 3 baggage limit excuse and they didn't even refund my booking amount INR 1100!!! NEVER NEVER NEVER opt for Make My Trip...Worst ever org ethos!! I will fight tooth and nail to get my money back!!!

Original review: May 12, 2022

Visa has been a part of my package since day 1. Initially I booked holiday package and planned for Dubai, due to your carelessness and irresponsible behavior the glitch is in their system first three days I didn't shown trip after a complaint trip was showed but visa didn't shown and I call customer care and they say visa is coming in 2-3 days and visa not coming in. And in last day of my flight they say visa is not a part of your package and after the complaint I say my plan has to be delayed then I have assured of not paying a single amount over it for extending my dates, and if tickets have to be cancelled my whole paid amount should be reimbursed respectively, and they didn't respond properly. They are totally a fraud site. Do not buy anything from them. My booking Id is **

Original review: May 2, 2022

Don’t trust MMT on their assurance that your RTPCR test would be done prior to the flight. Make your own bookings on Medibird or Max or any other lab.

MMT assures that they will get the test done through Dr Lal or SRL. I ticked the call back option of the labs at the time of booking my flight through MMT, talked to a MMT representative (after a super long wait on the phone) and was assured a call back by BOTH the labs. Neither called. MMT assures that both the labs give the RTPCR test reports within 12 hours. A call to the labs will prove that both of them take about 24 hours! Why assure if you can’t deliver?

Original review: April 30, 2022

Advice to MMTC...DON'T TRY WHAT YOU CAN NOT DO... You guys are good with hotels and airlines, stick to it... innovate and work for customer delight... but when it comes to the Cab, I experienced one of the most pathetic from MakeMyTrip in recent times. List of issues that I faced with the cab I took from them this morning.

1. The cab was booked for 1.15 and the booking got changed to 1.45 on its own.
    2. There is no customer service for Cqb Support, I called them three times and those support people asked me to call this 18001025509 for cab and shockingly enough, it doesn't work... amazing.
    3. I got the cab details at 1.31 and I simply kept waiting at airport.
    4. The cab was smelly and not clean at all. Just very average. If I have to get a cab like that, why would I pay a premium to MMTC who guarantee hygiene and cleanliness.
    5. The final bill sent from MMTC is not acceptable by driver and vendor as their tie-up is with some GoZo who sent a different amount. So vendor has one amount, Gozo has another one and MMTC got a third one.
    6. Eventually early morning hours I'm arguing with vendor and Gozo and settle it out with great difficulty and after assuring multiple times that if I'm at fault I'll compensate.
    7. The billing details says Airport Parking is paid in the invoice but Driver insists that I have to pay parking and I ended up paying 150.
    8. During trip end the driver adds toll charges as well and I had to push back showing bill copy twice.

9. In the midst of all this, the customer service is not reachable and even a guy like Kaushik, picks up they say they are there to assist with airline stuff only.

Horrible horrible & horrible. NEVER book a cab from them...and by the way...this was second experience. The first one was little better but the same issue...smelly unclean cab with delay.

Original review: April 27, 2022

Makemytrip helped me buy a round-trip ticket for my friend from Delhi to Pune. We had to cancel the reservation due to unforeseen circumstances. After that, I contacted a customer service representative via the customer service hotline to do the same. Initially, they stated that they would repay us rupees 5549 in exchange for our 9700. However, someone else took up the phone and provided further information. Due to a technical difficulty with my phone, I emailed them and requested that they call my friend directly. They didn't provide him all of the details concerning the return at the moment, and instead stated, "Can we cancel your tickets as discussed?" He confirmed to annul that, keeping in mind the 5549 rupee reimbursement.

When I contacted them after 2 or 4 days to ask for the final amount to be refunded and the time it would take to refund the money, they started playing a blame game and stated they would trace the conversation. We have not gotten any confirmation on the reimbursement details in about a month, and whenever we call them, they say that it is an open case mean that they are still tracking. They aren't telling us when it will be completed. We said explicitly that everything happened as a result of miscommunication, and we take this into account. As a result, either supply us with the reimbursement that your executive indicated or return our ticket. Despite this, we have not received any information on the subject. So I'm quite upset when I contact them and they never pick up the phone and don't answer. I am really dissatisfied with MMT and would never recommend this platform to anyone.

Original review: April 25, 2022

I have been using MakeMyTrip for almost 12 years for all flight, hotel and holiday package bookings. And If I am taking my time to write below detailed review, readers would understand the deterioated customer committment from MakeMyTrip over the years ending with the last experience that I am detailing below. I have booked Andaman holiday package on March. All selections were premium and Salesperson (Teena from the screenshots) was super Supportive. For the island transfers, I checked with the MMT vendor Makruz and found that they have royal class seats (8 in total, in a separate cabin).

Since we are living in a post covid world and I have a 3 year old, I checked with sales, if they can provide me Royal class seats on ferry to reduce the exposure. They checked and confirmed yes (all WhatsApp and email confirmations from MMT are attached) and based on the confirmation (which included 12000K extra payment for booking royal class ferry seats), I paid around 1,25,000 INR for the 4N/5 days holiday package.

Please note that I have this sales discussion almost a month before the trip and made whole payments 3 weeks before so that they can do the actual bookings. I was told that I will be given actual tickets only a week before the travel. I trusted on MMT sales and operations executive (Prachi) and waited. On 23rd March, I was given the tickets. All was fine, except for the Ferry tickets, which were 'Premium Class', which is the default lower deck ticket. I had paid for Royal class (Premium (lower deck), Deluxe (Upperdeck), Royal (upper deck, private room with 8 seats)).

From that day to my last ferry transfer, I had my brains eaten by following up for something, for which I paid upfront, I was committed upfront and based on the commitments, I choose to choose MMT for the holiday. I finally traveled in premium class, because of wrong booking by MMT. Still, they kept on assuring me as if I am idiot till the actual ferry transfer that they are working on booking the correct ticket.

They don't have tele customer care. The emails and whatsapp screenshots will tell you a clearer story, if it can be shared in this platform. I am deleting my MMT account after 12 years or so. Its time to find a better travel partner. And after all these, they just refunded the excess amount, that too after multiple followups. Way to treat customer!!

Original review: April 24, 2022

Most terrible, awful customer service experience ever in my life …MMT is the most fraudulent company…Please check carefully & untick the already ticked travel insurance option. You all are real rogues. They attached a travel care insurance policy along with booking of a international flight and charged ₹975/- & did not deliver the policy with Covid cover which is mandatory these days for international travel. And on contacting them (which was so very difficult) they asked to send the details for reissue of the policy but did not reissue the correct policy till the date of travel & I had to spend another ₹1400/- to buy a new travel policy.

Original review: April 21, 2022

I wish I could give 0 stars. They changed flight time to Chandigarh at last moment and car to Manali takes 8 hours so it does not make sense to spend whole night in car, see Manali in 1 day and then come back again next day, spending 38000 for such waste. They were not even willing to give full refund or reschedule trip. it was my first gift to my retired parents, and MMT made it the worst experience ever.

MakeMyTrip.com Company Information