1.28/5
  • 1 star
Based on 71 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 7, 2017

336 MakeMyTrip.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

So, I booked my ticket from MakeMyTrip on 13th of November, 2017. Due some error the ticket could not be booked but the money was deducted from my account. I received a mail saying, "Within a span of 12 days you'll receive." I said okay. Then when I called after 12 days they told me that it might take 15 days. I said okay. Then finally I called them on 5th of December, 2017. Asking when will I receive my refund. They said, "Ma'am the refund has been done." I said I haven't received it in my account and even a single mail by MakeMyTrip that the refund has been done.

He said, "In this case you have to share all the personal details of your account." I said, "I can't do that as it's my personal account and you already have the required details regarding the following." He said, "Ma'am you have." We had a heated argument then I said tell me any other way out. He said, "Please give me a minute. I'll get back to you." Since then, he put me on hold for around 50 mins then I deducted the call and called them again, nobody picked up. They're such a losers. Having a such a big site and doesn't leave refund someone's 820 rupees. They're the cheaters. NEVER BOOK YOUR TICKET FROM @MAKEMYTRIP. And the behaviour of the executive was exceptionally bad.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

On 28 Nov 2017 I had booked a flight ticket for Kolkata to Bagdogra. Booking was done money also deducted. But they did not sent any notification about booking. After 2 days of waiting I send an email enquiring about booking. They replied my mail saying booking transaction was unsuccessful which is unbelievable. After taking my money from the bank this company is transaction is unsuccessful. This is completely like stealing money. This company is untrusted and unworthy. I just lose my Rs 5300 just like this. After few days I called to the customer support. He said me another story that my booking was confirmed and ticket had issued. Whereas as I travelled by another airlines. I always book ticket online it has never happen but in MakeMyTrip.com it happened like this. So I want to tell everyone please don't booked ticket through this site. It is so unsafe. Before booking the ticket please read the review.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I booked a ticket for Lucknow from Delhi Anand Vihar ISBT for Nov-21.17 at 10:30 from MakeMyTrip.com. They provided me the booking of a bus which is not there at the stand at all (see the pic of ticket). When I called the number mentioned was in the ticket, that was switched off and the customer care of MakeMyTrip.com was saying we can't do anything for now, take an alternate. What they could do only, just raise a complaint regarding the issue according to their customer executive. I can't catch up my bus due to it and suffered a heavy loss of the time and amount of the ticket which was Rs 850 also Rs 1100 for taking an urgent bus reservation. I am now finding myself cheated and want the compensation for my loss. It is a humble request to all the travelers please don't use MakeMyTrip.com, these guys are making their customers fool and nothing else. I am now going to lodge a complaint in the consumer court.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Booked a one-way cab from Noida for 23/11/17 to drop at Agra. On its website the cars shown are very much clean and in new condition. Since I had booked an SUV expecting MakeMyTrip would send Innova or Xylo as they have displayed Innova only. When the cab arrived I was surprised it was a light Maruti Ertiga. Anyhow I had to travel at any cost. The driver drove at a speed of 130-140 km/hr on asking he replied he has to come back soon. What a service? Putting our lives on risk expressway. On contacting MakeMyTrip customer care I was informed the allowed speed is 60-80 km/hr only. Just see how the guy was crazy. Further the car was dirty. Not cleaned for so many days. Anyways my trip ends safely by the grace of God. I request all not to book cab from Makemytrip.com as you will not get the cab of your choice moreover putting your life on risk and facing unprofessional driver's behaviours.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I book flights IndiGo Airlines-6E-141 from Chennai to Bhubaneswar, Date 14.11.2017 time 12.30 IST to 14.20 IST. The flight is non stop but today I check in post IndiGo staff is give me two ticket flight No-6E315 is one Chennai to Hyderabad time 12.05 to 12.50 and another 6E264 Hyderabad to Bhubaneswar Time 16.35 to 17.20. I ticket non stop and goes to one stop. Don't any message flight change. It is not good service. My time is waste and don't like this change. Next time I don't goes any place any IndiGo flight. MakeMyTrip is not good service. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MakeMyTrip.com?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I made hotel booking through MakeMyTrip & canceled reservation & MakeMyTrip has took my life to giving refund. Have been chasing for last 7 days for refund... It’s very easy to booking through MakeMyTrip but if any amendment would require they would take our life... Sometime it’s very difficult to connect with them & the people are sitting in their call center they are very unprofessional...

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Booked Kerala package through MMT as this is brand but it's worst brand I ever seen. Don't trust them if they are saying they are providing 3 star hotels for your stay. The hotel I had it's starless. Cheap hotel in cheap area. I have contacted customer service and they said it will take time to resolve. I said okay but no calls. I have called the executive. He never answered my call. When called care the guy who is on call speaks very rudely and saying it's not MMT fault. If you want to change hotel change it by yourselves and make payment for it. Even I didn't get cab details on travel date as well. I called in between of journey to get cab details. Worst service and MMT executive are also very harsh and rude. Don't go with MMT.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I am very much dissatisfied with the services of Makemytrip.com. Since I was supposed to travel from Mumbai to Shirdi by late evening 10:30 pm whereas it was printed 10:30 am morning. I booked sleeper class that is for night only but they have wasted my money. Even, well in advance I requested them to re-schedule the same but denied to do that.

Now my Rs.1200/- wasted and they are not providing any refund for the same. I want my refund and in future will make sure that I will not book any ticket through the portal. Very shameful that they don't provide any option to customers when we come with any query. Please look into this and facilitate to provide my refund without any deduction.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

We booked a houseboat in Alleppey, Kerala through this very reputed platform for 29th September, 2017. We were supposed to check in at 12 pm that day, and when we called the houseboat to ask for where it will pick us from, they told us that there was no booking under our name. This happened 2 hours before our check-in and we called MakeMyTrip immediately. They took 10-15 minutes to figure out that due to some technical glitch, we got a booking confirmation from MakeMyTrip but there was no real booking done at the houseboat. When we asked them to help us, they suggested to find us an alternative in the next 15 mins. We didn't even once received a call from them and kept calling for the next 2 hours when everytime a new executive attended us and we had to repeat our whole issue and he would again ask for 15 more mins to find an alternative.

They kept us waiting with all our bags packed, and after 2 hours told us that they cannot arrange for anything and we should just go and book something locally in Kerala. Is that what these websites are running for? To suggest people to roam around in new cities looking for places to live? Now, we could still see 2-3 houseboats on the MakeMyTrip website right in front of us, but the executives kept saying that it's not true and there is no availability in them. So basically this website shows you hotels which don't have real rooms in them but are just there for show? They kept making up unbelievably dumb stories and never agreed to book an alternative for us which was their responsibility.

Now, they told us that they will refund the amount we paid and the discount that we got on the booking, both to us as a token of apology. Then we received a formal mail from MakeMyTrip which only reflected the booking amount as the refund. I called again and asked where the discount amount is written in the refund. The executive named Chandrima **, then sent me an informal mail from her personal account which mentioned both the booking and discount prices and said that this amount will be refunded. There was no formal receipt or anything which looked very fishy to me in the first place.

We received the booking amount in the next one week and never received the discount amount. And I have called them more than 10 times in the past one month and they keep making a fool of me by giving unprofessional excuses like the executive who was handling your case is on a vacation, or the accounts team is down, or the banking systems have some problem, which is why they haven't refunded the amount for the past one month. There was no problem in refunding the booking amount in a week but they are having third-world problems in refunding the discount.

I will recommend people to never book from a platform as such which doesn't respect its customers and where the officials believe in fooling you, instead of helping you or being apologetic at all about their mistakes. Not a website to be trusted when going to a random new city. Will always prefer Goibibo or Yatra over a website as such which lies about such petty things. I have added images of both the mails. The official mail which I received from MakeMyTrip and then the unofficial mail which I received from the executive and the chat that I had with her thereafter.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Recently I booked Flight ticket of my child from Delhi to Amsterdam & return costing Rs 47585/-. My Wallet was having Rs 8000/- usable amount. While doing the booking on the phone it was told to me that you cannot utilize My Wallet amount and I was asked to pay Rs 47585/- by sharing a payment link by MMT. I paid with my HDFC Credit card and got the ticket. Later I observed that My Wallet Rs 8000/- was taken away for the booking. I need my full money back credited to HDFC account.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

26Jul; I booked my ticket to travel on the 12th of Aug from CCU to MEL. 8th Aug; My father passed away. 11th Aug; I tried to change date of travel to 21/22nd of Aug but same segments were not available except for in Business Class and thus I had to cancel and rebook to travel on the 22nd with Thai Airways as the fare difference for business class was beyond my reach. Singapore Airlines provides excellent service which prompted me to use their service again initially. I received my refund notice on 16th and called up your customer service who advised that Rs. 2,825 was received from Singapore airlines and was refunded to my account.

As per standards; for a non-refundable ticket the Base fare is non-refundable but taxes come back as they are not paid by the airlines to the authorities if a person does not fly. For my booking the base fare was Rs. 13,160 and taxes were Rs. 19,226 (Breakdown was confirmed over the phone at the time of cancellation). Thus I should have got a refund amounting to something close to RS. 19,000 after deducting MMT fees/handling charges. Thus I contacted Singapore Airlines and they advised that except for the base fare the remaining amount went back to MakeMyTrip and that she was happy to confirm that over a conference call.

I called you again and spoke to Sudip on Aug 16th; Reference ID: ** informing him of that same. He initially said that MMT only received 2.8K from SA but on cross-checking with SA he confirmed that an amount close to 19K has been received by MMT and that the issue has been passed on to your Accounts team who would process a proper refund. Further to that I receive another email from you saying that the issue is closed and thus I call up and spoke to Debtanu ** on Aug 19th. Reference ID: ** and after going through the same drill as before come to the same conclusion again and a reminder was sent to your Accounts department.

I have spent a lot of time chasing the issue with you, getting conflicting information. If you put yourself in my shoes and consider my situation; it has been a tough time for me and our family and then to deal with this on top of everything is really frustration. My question to you is, why do you not have transparent information about where the money is in your company? Being a customer of the company, why do I have to go through all this and invest so much time to get back my own money? Hopefully I will get a speedy reply and a solution for my concern.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

After reading a lot of mixed reviews about Make My Trip, sad to say I went through with my decision to book a cab for a weekend trip... terrible idea: broken down car, awful communication, having to pay for the driver's personal expenses, confusion, and 4 parties involved. The price seemed fine, days prior we received confirmation, the driver's name and number. We called him to confirm the address pickup and everything seemed OK.

Then at 11pm the night before our 6am departure, we got a text from MMT with a different driver and car. We called MMT and they didn't care. The new driver did not answer his phone that evening so we couldn't confirm the address. When he finally answered in the morning, the car was 2 hours late because he was coming outside of Delhi and wasn't aware of the pick up. The driver, as a person, was a very sweet man considering he sacrificed his Diwali to drive us around. I feel he was largely innocent in the many mishaps. Besides being late, the car that showed up was different than the MMT had texted. So our driver was not the owner of the car. In addition to the driver, owner, and MMT, there was Easy Cabs, whom the driver was employed under. The driver had no idea what MMT was.

The day started off weird when he asked us for 1000 rs. for gas. claiming he had no cash and Pay Tm or bank card. After a few hour driving, the entire transmission broke down and took over 5 hours to repair in the blazing sun. That left us 7 HOURS behind schedule. The driver then demanded 8000rs. cash for repairs. He insisted he would pay us back - saying his boss would wire us money even though that would be impossible with international bank accounts like ours. Suddenly the amount dropped down to 5000rs. His boss at Easy Cabs spoke perfect English but suddenly did not answer his phone for the next 3 days... ever.

MMT said they are not liable for ANY breakdowns. They refused to pay or be involved. We ended up paying the driver. He never paid us back, but we just didn't pay for the car on the last day. We had to call someone to translate the Hindi as it was difficult to understand his dialect, and we had to call his personal boss, and the car owner multiple times. MMT refused to be involved and was never of any help. In short, a much to confusing experience, and the fine print says MMT isn't liable for anything... so don't book with them! Better to go with one company and one driver who own that one vehicle. We lost an entire day of vacation sweating on the highway. :(

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

A gyst on just concluded 'THAILAND TOUR'... There were frequent meetings, discussions, arguments, preparations, etc. which was the scenario when we decided to undertake the "EUROPEAN DREAM TOUR" of six nations, as we had no knowledge of how the Tour Operators "MAKEMYTRIP" people will handle it. After successful implementation of that Tour, our members all sisters, brothers and in-laws of over a quarter century strong were impatient and started lobbying for another budget tour and that was the time when SN BAGHYA ** proposed this tour and Madhuri of MakeMyTrip accepted and Miss **, the new tour manager implemented it. The present tour "The Tour of Thailand" was readily accepted by our members as professionalism and brand equity of MakeMyTrip was well established.

The new Tour Manager, Miss **, a Thai national and a charming lady was no less professional to Mr. ** who conducted the business with Style, while Nadia did it with Smile. Details of Tour. Day 1. The tour started with a visit to a Sriracha Zoo where we were amazed to watch stunning acts of Tiger, Crocodile, and elephants. The daring acts of performers who even inserts his head into crocodile mouth and comes back unscathed. And after the show went to Sunshine Hotel Pattaya. In the evening went for a show ALCAZAR in Pattaya City which has all the allure and razzamatazz of a Las Vegas nightclub. Dazzling performance by artists in glittering evening gowns thrill nightly audiences, as well-groomed ladies mime and dance against a backdrop of surround sound and computerized lighting.The unique feature of Alcazar's entertainment, that sets it aside from Las Vegas, is that all the girls are boys.

Day 2. The next day as per plan everybody got up early and went to 'Coral Islands', where people participated in paradiving, sea walking and other motorsports. Then returned to Hotel and had lunch at a nearby Indian restaurant Veda. Then went to Tiger Park to have snaps with tigers where some of our daring members had Photo Session with live Tigers. Then started to Pattaya Floating Market which is divided into four regions representing North, Northeast, Central and South regions of Thailand where produce of each regions is sold. These shops are built in Thai wooden houses distributed along the canal.

Day 3. The next day got up early checked out of hotel and started towards Bangkok around 100 kms from Pattaya. Safari World is a tourist attraction and consists of two parks named Marine Park and Safari Park operated by Safari World. The Marine Park consists of Dolphin Show, Hollywood Cowboy Stunts, Orangutan Boxing. Of which we could visit Dolphin show only as there were heavy rains. The Safari Park is about 8 km long and takes about 45 minutes and one can spot tigers, zebras, giraffes and varieties of birds and animals. Complimentary lunch was available and after finishing went to Gem Museum on the way to Bangkok where some of us purchased small jewelry studded with gems. Bangkok is a very big city with full of skyscrapers and in the evening traffic we could cover a distance of 15 km to hotel in 3 hours. Went to hotel took rest and had dinner in an Indian restaurant Bavarchi.

Day 4. After getting up a little leisurely checked out and went to visit Temple of Golden Buddha at Wat Traimit, Yaowarat Road at Chinatown which houses the massive Gold Seated Buddha, 16 ft tall and weighing around 5.5 tons of Gold, made by 'Sukhoi Dynasty' during 13th century and is believed to have been cast in India part by part and assembled in Thailand. The structure was housed in a renovated temple by King Rama 1 in 1801 and present venue in 1954. Then we went to visit Indra Market a big marketplace located at Ratchaprarop Road Thanon Phaya Thai, where items of Thai origin from clothes to handicrafts are available and our members bought any and everything till their wallet are emptied, then had lunch and went to Swarnabhoomi Airport Bangkok for our journey back home.

After successful tour of Thailand we still dream the scenic beauty of Thailand, its people, its heritage, its link with Hinduism, its names linking to Hindu Gods Rama, Vishnu, and of course our own Buddha and particularly " THE SAMUDRA MANTHAN" a vast structure located right in the middle of the airport terminal. Overall we have to take such expeditions to rediscover India that is Bharat. We are eagerly waiting for our next exploration as and when it is proposed by ever energetic Bangari and Madhuri. As usual Amar was very helpful to one and all and the newfound photographer Aniketh excelled in photography with his Nikon camera who is likely to exhibit his skills in future tour/tours also. Many of us are also waiting to revisit Thailand again for the marriage of that charming dame Miss **. All the best for all of you in your future endeavor.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Booked a hut in Vadodara which was rated 3 star on MMT's website as 3 Star. The hotel looked impressive from outside but when I was shown in the room, the AC wasn't working. The TV wasn't working. The water wasn't running in the toilets. The Shower had dirty brown water coming from it. The breakfast consists of 1 cup of tea or coffee and 1 item from their menu (bread butter jam, toast butter jam or omelet in bread, etc). What a nightmare trying to contact MMT. If it is complaints there isn't anyone available to talk to, but if it was booking and you were going to pay them money then they have thousands of people waiting to answer your call.

Had to use the make a booking call to talk to the rep to complain of the Hotel GRG in Vadodara and eventually was told it is a budget hotel and I shouldn't expect hot water, clean water in the bath, AC could be in any condition but cool, no water in toilets and a Breakfast which consist of any 1 item from their menu and a cup of tea or coffee. I told them they are advertising a hotel as 3 star and I wouldn't even rate the hotel as minus 1 Star. Their answer was I had booked a 3 star budget hotel and shouldn't expect to be treated as a 3 star customer.

I checked out the very next morning with a lot of difficulty from hotel staff and owner And wrote to MMT and they said their concerned department will get in touch within 24 hours. This was 12 days ago. Since then I have escalated the issue 3 times and no one has replied back as yet. The final reply I ** was that one of their Head, Customer Delights Known as Geeta ** will get in touch with me to sort the problem out. I don't think I will even get a chance to talk to her. Please AVOID AVOID AVOID. Please use other companies who know how to treat their customers.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I booked the refundable tickets on the website. I had change of plans and I called them to cancel the ticket. But, they said the cancellation fees is more than the ticket price and I will not get even a single penny with the cancellation. Total waste of booking the ticket with them. I rather will book ticket with the airline directly.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I have a bitter experience with MMT cab as I have extend 1 day trip and they have confirmed that charges will be applicable is normal and as per confirmation of Meghna it will be around 500-1000. Now they are demanding 2500/- extra after completion of tour. The driver I was provided has having languge problem and for the same I have to take a guide @rd.800/- per day. When I have called regarding the same they told that they will replace and will call back in next 10 min. Thereafter I have made 7 to 8 calls to them every time they promise a callback but I have waited for the call. Till then the trip has got rbs and driver has started quarreling for the extra charge. I will go to consumer forum as this is not only I having monetary loss but also harassment and prestigious loss.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I booked cab through Makemytrip from Shirdi to Mumbai and paid through credit card but driver was very bad and drove very rash. The ac of the car is not working and very high temperature. I travelled with my family. Was very bad experience. Condition of car is very bad. Window of car was not working. Besides this car driver Mr ** was misbehaving and he asking extra money and saying that he is the owner of 9 cars. How it is possible for makemytrip to provide the service like this. I will never use makemytrip and suggest everybody not to use.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

We have booked a cab on 20-8-17 from Tirupati to Chennai. Innova car. The car was very bad, unclean. Further it is journey involving two states. MMT have send us the driver who does not had driving license. A fresh say 18 year boy. We came to know about this while crossing Andra state and entering Tamil Nadu when police has withheld our vehicle for more than 1 hour. In 2014 also I had very bad experience with MMT but thought they might have improved. But know they have gone from bad to worse.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

We were stuck in Moscow on the New Year's Eve 2017 late in the night, during our recent trip to Russia. We asked the local Indian agent of Make My Trip in Moscow (Mr. **), for help - HE REFUSED PLAINLY - HOW THE HELL DARE HE??? Thankfully, we were not ATTACKED / ROBBED / KIDNAPPED (yes, that happens in Moscow in some neighborhoods) - WE WERE ABSOLUTELY HELPLESS THAT NIGHT - we knew nobody, we did not know the language, we did not know the streets, and no taxis/buses were running at the time, only the metro trains. Thankfully, the night manager of the hotel where we were staying, a Russian lady (fluent in English), was able to help us at that time (around midnight) when we called her - SO, A RUSSIAN (hotel's night manager, Ms. **) HELPS US, AN INDIAN (MakeMyTrip's Moscow agent **) DOES NOT!

After coming back to India, we complained to MakeMyTrip's customer support about the whole story - their reply was "MR. ** (that useless agent in Moscow) HAS LEFT THE COMPANY" - when we asked the Customer Support to give us a proof of his termination/resignation - THERE WAS NO FURTHER REPLY (today, 6 weeks since that query) - THIS PROVES THEY ARE A COMPANY OF LIARS! Please never go via MakeMyTrip for at least foreign trips - in India, you can still do something - outside India their services are most pathetic, utmost horrible and even endangering/jeopardizing!!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I did book the return ticket on Make My Trip on 24 Aug 2017 from Hyderabad to New York and as my debit card per day limit was Rs.50,000 and actual cost of the ticket was Rs.66,995. I spoke to the representative of Make My Trip and he gave me an option of paying partial payment so I paid Rs.49,000 on 24th August 2017 at 8 PM and he told me to pay the rest of the balance within next 24 hrs. As I left with my family for dinner outside I got an email at 9:30 PM stating my balance payment deadline is 10 PM on 24th August 2017.

I was just given buffer of 2 hrs when I clearly told them that I can make balance payment anytime after 12 in midnight, I rushed back home and called customer support at 9:30 PM. They kept me on waiting beyond 10 PM and then I got email that my ticket is being cancelled and Make My Trip Deducted Rs.1000 as cancellation fee. What a Trap? What a cheating? In just less than 3hrs not only they made Rs.1000 but irony is no refund is until next 12 days. We are NRI's from USA and this company is cheating, now we should wait for 12 days to get refund and then book our tickets. Big liars sitting as representatives, they are trained to trap the customers, all I can say Make My Trip is a company meant to cheat the customers. Trap them and then cheat them. Never ever use Make My Trip. Shame on Make My Trip. Bunch of cheaters. All Liars.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I had done a booking for a cab from Rajkot to Bhavnagar on the 12th August 2017 for my family of 4 (2 kids). I paid the full money for the cab which was booked for 1400 IST. The mail that I received on booking was driver number will be shared 2 hours before the said booking. Upon landing there is no message nor a cab waiting. I did contact them on customer care. They replied, “We are sorry no cabs available.” They cheated me out of the service as now I am struggling to get a cab and gonna miss a deadline where I needed to be. They didn't have the decency to inform us earlier that we could me an alternative arrangement. I need my compensation for the hardship that my kids and family went through to deal with getting to our destination.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I wish I had read the reviews on MakeMyTrip.com before booking my flights with them. I hope I would be able help some travellers in future to avoid this mistake. My Return flight from DEL to JFK was booked by MakeMyTrip.Com: DEL to CDG (Paris), ORY (Paris) to JFK. Notice CDG (Paris) and ORY (Paris) two different airports. I take partial responsibility for not calling France Embassy but I did call the Airlines to check if I would need Visa. But MakeMyTrip should not even give such stupid options where the stopover requires going out of the airport. I thought there might be shuttle by the AirFrance to transfer people between two airports. I had updated my passport information on MakeMyTrip.com. Still no warning about Visa by them.

On the Delhi Airport the Air France staff said I need some kind of Visa to board the flight though I have USA green card. They told me CDG and ORY airports are hours apart. They did not let me board the flight from Delhi. I had USA phone with me on the Delhi airport and spent hours on international calling rates, trying to get an alternative ticket through MakeMyTrip for hour+ time. Even to buy a new ticket I was on hold for 30 minutes. I dropped the call with MakeMyTrip, I called another Travel Agent, bought an alternative flight in 15 minutes for US$940, received the email and came to USA.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I was trying to book an intl flight for 4 passengers from Chennai to Bangkok and the amount MakeMyTrip showed was 87,500 whereas on Thai Airways it was showing 85,500. Plus MMT was charging a convenience fees of Rs.1960, this adds up to excess of 4000… and when you call them they say "Yes we can give you best offer. We can reduce charges of 2000 on full ticket…" Ha ha what a joke! First they are charging excess of 4000 and then they are giving 2000 discount. People please always check direct airline's websites and only then book tickets.

Original review: July 22, 2017

Never do booking on this site. Horrible experience I got. I did bus booking on the site from Mumbai a day prior for my family holiday. When I reached the pickup point and waited for bus half an hour with family and when bus came, bus operators told me there is no booking on my name when I had valid eticket and PNR number. When I called MakeMyTrip customer care the representative blatantly told me to wait there for 24 hours to resolve my query when entire trip booking already done. I lost money plus my family suffered and holiday went in vain. Never ever book on this website.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I booked a ticket for a passenger who does not have a surname. She has only a first name and her surname is blank as per her passport. I have entered the correct details while booking the ticket and it even asks for a confirmation stating that you have not entered the surname, pls confirm if it matches the passport. Once I confirm when the ticket is generated, the first name came out with her title (e. g Ms) and last name came out with the first name that I entered. I have made at least 10 call over 10 days to the support to rectify the name but absolutely no response.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I have the worst experience in international flight booking from MakeMyTrip. I am a student and had booked a flight to US via Makemytrip and had informed them at the time of booking that I need an additional 23 kgs of student baggage that is allowed by the airlines. While the agent of Makemytrip confirmed that the same is allowed on phone call at the time of booking the ticket, I was asked to email them the documents (F1 Visa copy and I-20). After 3 days of chasing and numerous calls they told me that Etihad doesn't give additional student baggage. While my friend booked the same flight for same day via Paytm and he got the additional student baggage.

Makemytrip is the worst agent for international flight booking, and NEVER book your flights from them. I booked the ticket via Makemytrip because I was getting a cash back of 2000 rupees but it has costed me heavily. Moreover their unprofessional behavior is what miffed me more. I repeat, don't ever book your flights from Makemytrip, they are the worst travel agents for flight booking.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I booked 2 tickets for my family on MMT.com from COK to DEL. After booking I realized that the connection had a 20+ hour layover in Mumbai so I requested cancellation and rebooking on a direct flight. Now I see my bank account has been debited TWICE but the new ticket has not been issued nor is it visible on the website. Also on the website the old booking shows the COK-BOM as "cancellation in progress" but BOM-DEL as "confirmed" which makes no sense. Tried calling their call center but it is IVR hell, impossible to reach an operator. Moreover I am in Kenya right now and having to hold at ISD rates is crazy.

Original review: July 5, 2017

My booking of ticket (Spicejet Flt SG942 for Thiruvananthapuram-Delhi) on 17th July 2017 is cancelled on the same date between 3 hours gap. But yet my agent didn't received refund amount. I have all evidences. I am forcing to display all this in medias.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I was try to book a train ticket on 11-06-17. Due to network problem or some issue the booking was unsuccessful but money is deducted from my bank account but I didn't receive any ticket. After so many calls and complaints I received my money at 28th. I believed that if I didn't make continuous call to customer care and my bank definitely I didn't receive my amount because the vendor is told me that they processed the amount on 16th and transferred to bank. I crosschecked with the bank and they informed that there is no credit in amount on that day. MakeMyTrip doesn't care about customer time and money. They are providing worst service.

Original review: June 28, 2017

OMG! What do I have to say, folks. Please DO NOT BOOK MMT FOR LADAKH trip because we were there from 5th June to 12 June 2017. As soon as you land in Leh no representative is there to even care about you, you have call them, tour managers are so hopeless in Leh, a guy called Shailesh and other idiot lady whose name I forgot bluffed. Hotels booked are hopeless, they only show good on website. At the end moment they change which has no hot water nor tea or coffee in the rooms in the bloody cold. After writing email to a MMT manager Mr ** didn't even bother to respond to our emails from past two weeks. Please guys do not book over MMT. They will just ruin your holiday and spend lakhs of money to suffer.

MakeMyTrip.com Company Information