3.7/5 (527 ratings)

About MakeMyTrip.com

MakeMyTrip.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MakeMyTrip.com?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2023

Zero stars! Worst experience rescheduling my return flight ticket. I reached out more than 3 weeks in advance to reschedule my flight and they told me they will reach out to the airline and get back within 2 business days. Today it is 3 days past my flight date and no response from MakeMyTrip. I am calling the customer case number it is going engage. I asked them to cancel my ticket and refund whatever - still no response. I had to book another ticket and still no response from MakeMyTrip. Please boycott this website and save your money, time and effort.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

I booked an interstate cab via MMT and made full advance payment for the journey for a RYDE assured AC Sedan cab from Manali to Chandigarh railway station for 21st Jan, 2023. My pick-up time was scheduled for 6'0 clock in the morning but it came late by 1.15 hour i.e, by approx 7.15 AM and the cab is different from the cab details which we were provided by the MMT was not arrived. When we tracked the location of the vehicle by the GPS TRACKER service which is provided in the MMT app, the vehicle location found to be in Chandigarh but the cab booked for Manali to Chandigarh hence it shows that the cab was not present in Manali for the pick-up, that means a complete fraud has occurred by MMT Group.

We received a hatchback car which is so compact and in a very bad condition and the driver was so rude and tried to threatened us in between our journey that he will stop the cab and leave us in between our journey. The driver stopped the car in between and asked us to pay for the journey, when I told him that I already paid it to MMT in advance he refused to move forward and stop the vehicle in between the journey. As it is assured by MMT that RYDE ASSURED CABS consists of audited clean cabs, monitored on time pickups, trained and helpful drivers for which they have charged us more as compared to a regular cab booking. My mother was so exhausted in the whole journey and fall sick because of the kiosk that happened with the driver and the compactness of the car as our whole luggage was kept inside the car.

We were forced to literally adjust the suitcase on our laps. And when I asked for refunding the whole amount I was told that I will get a callback from their supervisor in the next 2-3 hrs but didn't get any call. Today I got a call and mail from Suraj ** (MMT Customer service staff) regarding the refund of only Rs 2511 but I booked it for Rs 7081. It is the fault of MMT for what we have caused in our journey so that has to be bear by MMT group only. I am having all the audio and video recordings of inside the cab how we traveled in our whole 8 hrs journey in that compact car. As well as the screenshot of location of the vehicle that has allotted to us for the journey. I want the complete refund of my booking and the compensation also for the cause what we suffered in the whole journey by the MMT company.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

I had purchased MMT Gift vouchers through a distributor of MakeMyTrip on 26th Jan 2022. 1 year/12 months is/are the validity. Accordingly the expiry date should be 26th Jan 2023. But the expiry date was surprisingly 17th Jan 2023. When contacted to MMT, they ask to talk to the distributor from whom the gift vouchers were purchased and they are not responsible. It's totally unjustified. Never purchase gift vouchers from MMT when they shrug off their responsibilities. They should have taken it up with the concern and arrange to provide resolution. The service gesture is not good and evasive only.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I booked a flight on the 30 December and less than 24 hours later I received an email saying that due to technical issues it had failed. I then had to rebook the flight with another company, meaning I had paid for 2 flights. I was assured I would be refunded by the 10 Jan. This is the 20th. No refund, no reply from the company at all. I would definitely not recommend using this company for any service as if, and according to other customers you will, you need customer service after care, forget it. Avoid like the plague. It’s infuriating constantly being ignored

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

We took a houseboat by JCT on December 24, 2022. It was part of the package by Make My Trip. The package was very expensive as it was the prime time. It was the most terrible experience on the boat. The boat was basically one star, they never clean or mop the floors. The bedrooms are so dirty. The towels and sheets are of one star quality. Food was of horrible quality, served in pots and pans with broken handles. The boat was supposed to be Super Deluxe boat by JCT. There was no internet, no TV and no entertainment. Servers did not know, how to serve. They told us to buy your own sea food and it will be cooked according to your taste, we bought some fish and prawns, and the cook never even came to ask us how to prepare it. In fact, they cut the fish into small pieces and put it in hot oil and fried it til it was charcoal black.

I think Make My Trip hired this run-down boat and put all the people who bought the package from them, on this boat. Every single person on the boat could not wait to get out of the boat. Will never trust MMT again with my trips to India. It's better to take a three- or four-hour ride in the boat in back waters of Karela and go stay in a hotel. Boat is parked all night from 6:00 PM to 9:00AM in dirty water on the side with no place to walk outside or inside the boat. The boat was the most Terrible experience of the whole Kerala trip, as I trusted Make My Trip people. For rest of the package, I had picked my own hotels, after doing some research and we were staying in five-star hotels. Those properties were all very good.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

Neither do they have a email to contact or a toll free to contact them and no chat either. They have only a India number to call to, where the person is not very patient to hear you out. My case was closed without resolution. I was promised to be called back but none called me back.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

I had booked an Indigo flight via MakeMyTrip portal from Chandigarh to Chennai. They offered me fare called Supper 6e. Which provides Priority check in, XL seat, 25 kg check-in baggage, complimentary meals. After booking this service, I had no way of selecting XL seat. But I was charged for it. And when I asked on airport for XL seat, I was not given even when it was available as I had 3 year old with me. I accept they don't want 3 year old to be there as it's a fire exit. Then do not let user select this service. This is very cheap way of MakeMyTrip to dupe the customer. We had ordered no food as MakeMyTrip portal asked us to pay for food as well. This is really cheap way of making money by MakeMyTrip. The cost of Supper 6e is 3 times the usual fare.

When I told them, I didn't get any of these services and asked them to recreate invoice for flexiplus with 10 kg checked-in added, they just totally blamed it to airline issue and didn't support with recreating invoice. And Indigo airline contact was of no help as well. She just said that XL seat was free. Is she serious. This was Super useless and overpriced service. Please beware and don't fall for their offers. It was my mistake that I booked with MakeMyTrip and Indigo airline. Will not do this mistake again. Hope it's helpful for the consumers.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

1) Took full advance payment and gave us a 2010 model dezire, you can understand the condition.

2) Driver was cribbing all day and refused to take us anywhere local after 7 PM.
    3) Drove on the wrong side of highway at night for 2 KM.
    4) Refused to take us to Chittorgarh which was on the itinerary, later resolved by making phone calls and getting frustrated for an hour.
    5) Left us at the hotel a day early and refused to come back to take us to the airport. Again, refused to take us anywhere locally.
    6) The complaint department says, "Sorry for your inconvenience, we will ensure such incidents does not happen in the future." How is that statement going to help me?

I don’t know if Make My Trip can do something for me to get rid of my frustration, but will recommend you not to book transfers with MMT, Rajasthan routes & trails was their vendor which outsourced it to someone else. They book the cheapest they get and do not think of customers’ convenience. Btw, the hotels were good.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I am Soumen ** and went for a trip in Udaipur from 26th till 28th Dec 2022. My travel agent booked Hotel Ace Plaza via MakeMyTrip. While checking the room on 26th evening we found out the hotel was in a very poor and shabby condition. Water leakage was observed in the room and painting was not proper. The room booked deluxe room and it was not meant for 3 adults staying in one small room. The room was hardly 10 ft by 12 ft and there were no extra space. My family refuse to stay in the same place. So we have to go our and rented other hotel which is opposite to Hotel Ace Plaza. The actual rent of the room was RS 3000 per night and make my trip charges RS 5400 per night. This is not even a 2 star hotel. Even there were no one to take our luggage.

My question to you: while you book the room is this is kind of service you expect? You make one promise while going there and seeing the place and you feel so poor room condition and immediately we came out. May I request you to kindly refund back my money. This is not acceptable. You will charges and take money and later on you will not deliver the service. My number is **

Best regards

Soumen

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

My Life's worst experience with Make my trip tour package. I Booked my tour package for Rajasthan, 4 Nights 5 days, The Package offer lady Sidika ** have no knowledge of Tour. She just booked 2 Night Jaipur, 1 Night Jaisalmer and 1 Night Udaipur. I asked 7 seater car for full trip, she gave me only in Jaipur. When I asked for car she told, "The car will continue with you sir... but it's for Jaipur only, now as per the package how to go Jaisalmer from Jaipur and how you can reach in one day, it take 10-12 hours by car."

She booked my Lunch and evening events there. When asked cancel to MMT, she just told, "Sir if you not reach then ok but we can't refund as per cancellation policy." Another blunder done by the lady that 12th December, she booked my activity at Udaipur and same day morning 7.3 amBus booked by her... as per my itinerary bus must be afternoon but she told she can't do anything as bus booked by RED bus. I booked package from MMT thought their blunder they not help you to change or refund anything. Beware of MMT... looks it's scam to collect money from people. Looks it's trap with discount. There is no discount if you arrange yourself, it's more cheaper tour... Please Beware of Make My Trip.

MakeMyTrip.com Company Information