1.04/5

441 MakeMyTrip.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Sir/ Ma'am, I have raised the concern for refund of my rail ticket, booking id: **. I got a mail from your end that issue resolved, but where is my refund...? Again I requested to update the status of my refund but every time he got the same automated reply that MMT working on my concern. Is this the way to treat to your old customer/user. Please I am requesting you to all management to intervene in this matter.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

No information received from MakeMyTrip or the flight regarding a cancellation and non-confirmation of flight. Their customer team realized it when I called them up. Have promised to book us on another flight, but still no steps taken on their behalf. This is an International flight and our Visa depends on such bookings. They are thieves. The customer support staff is brainless! One of their executive told me to wait for 48 hours for an action to be taken. When I refused, he taunted me by saying, "If you can spend two minutes in talking to me, then you can definitely wait 48 hours!!!" This is the type of service they give people... at least provide the customer with an end to end result! I am furious at such service. What's worse, they won't even accept it to be their fault! Pathetic people.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I cancelled my booking before the eligible time period and now the site is denying any sort of refund... when you contact them they make various excuses. And a suggestion to the site - please mention in your policies that one should take a screenshot of the cancellation because it comes in no one's mind that one has to take a screenshot of the cancelled booking (as they ask to provide for screenshots).

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

MakeMyTrip India confirmed and committed us to provide two deluxe rooms - AC on 18-10-2018 in Hotel Sarang Palace, Jaipur with our full payment in advance. But we, four family members with (one male, two female and one senior citizen age 72 yrs) sorry to inform you that, we have not been provided the same as per your commitment instead, we have been harassed, misbehaved by the hotel management of Sarang Palace, Jaipur on 18-10-2018, 7-10 PM at Hotel Sarang Palace, Jaipur.

After complaining to MakeMyTrip through my mobile phone, we have been put to some other hotel in Jaipur at 10 PM after wastage of 3 hours of our valuable night time. We reported to Hotel Sarang Palace at 7 PM and we have been shifted to other hotel at 10 PM by auto in spite of our several request to the hotel management for shifting by car. My four members were not able to seat in auto with our four numbers and four big bags in auto. As we had to catch flight early in the morning at 4 AM on 19-10-2018, we did not have any other option rather than compromise with hotel management at 10 PM on 18-10-2018. We had only 4 hours sleep and stay in the shifted hotel.

Rough language and behavior exhibited by hotel management was not at all expected and acceptable as we have booked through MakeMyTrip. You are requested to take proper action to hotel management of Sarang Palace, Jaipur. We expect action regarding hotel management's behavior & not providing us the committed two rooms in their hotel after getting full payment and confirming us through MakeMyTrip.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Room provided by MakeMyTrip in Majestic Hotel, Bur Dubai is a 10*11 feet area. Very small and congested room. I have change its to pay 330 AEU. Behaviour of hotel reception’s is very rude. He take my key and say that, "You go on tour, My staff will change your room from 602 to 2009." But last day he charge 35 Dirham to saying some things used in mini bar. I have nothing used. This was totally penalty to not change room in presence. MakeMyTrip booked my trip for 6 nights but three nights was no any activities. They only increase tour period. Desert Safari and Cruise dinner was very ordinary. Very cheap cruise. They only save his money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MakeMyTrip.com?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I do have a booking with them for Bali package... and you won't believe they didn't make any payment to the Hotel in Bali... though I made full payment 3 months before. We have to wait for 4 hours outside hotel and have to pay again to hotel for 1 night so that it can be sorted mean while. Customer service is really worst... They don't even pick the phone when they came to know that you guys are in a problem. I wish I could give ratings in minus.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

The below review/feedback is posted to make everyone aware of the facts that MMT even being a brand name is troubling its customers & creating a negative impact in the minds of its customers by just using its name to make money & not taking care of its customer satisfaction by providing quality services. The below are the issues faced by us:

1) Few days back my Aunt booked the flight from Delhi to Jabalpur which by mistake got wrongly booked on our end. For the same we immediately connected with MMT team, asking the team to void the ticket as the airlines which was booked was Air India (The same if booked can be canceled by bare minimum charges if done same day booking).

Upon confirming the same with the MMT team they agreed to same stating yes it will be voided. We were given assurance by the team that same will done and we will get call after that for confirmation on above said. After the assurance, we didn't had any communication with there team for around 15-20 days, and we presumed that refund will be transferred to our account but it wasn’t received and when we called them again they said that ticket isn't canceled and for the same reason the refund was not being credited to our account. Thereafter we spoke the managers and supervisors for more than hours every day and being in vain they did nothing apart from apology.

2) Now My Second Concern is that we booked Citymax Hotel Bur Dubai on 13th Oct 2018 with confirmation no - **. For which while booking we searched on their website for 05 adults and one child and made the payment accordingly, but when payment was done, the voucher which we received showed that the booking is for 4 adults and 2 child and again when we escalated the case to MMT team they were unable to answer why it happened so and they also assured us to give callback soon with the solutions. But till now we are still waiting for the update on that. (Every time we call them we just listen, "Sorry sir nothing can be done" and then say, "Our manager will call you back" etc. etc... Till date no solution like case 1 above.

Who will rely on such a company??? Their entire team is incompetent in handling the things and the website they have is only a showcase to attract client and later harass them. They do mistakes and then have no solutions apart from just faking around. As MMT is a brand name, we do not expect these things to happen, or if happened there should be a solution provided to the customer to get the things sorted. These issues has only laid a negative impression of them. I HOPE EACH ONE OF US DON'T GET JOYCED BY THERE LUCRATIVE DEALS.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I had done booking on 17 Oct 2018 at 7.45 p.m and had for flight from Dubai to Mumbai on 14 Nov 18 and mistakenly choose the wrong time and informed the change in mins that is at 8.00 p.m that need to change the timings as my rest family is travelling 3.50 p.m and I had chose the time for me at 1.10 p.m. 1st they say that the Emirates airline charges money for time change, so I called up the airline and asked them about the same so they said that the airline doesn't charge anything and to make changes in the timing I have to ask MakeMyTrip. So when I confronted with the supervisor at the MakeMyTrip he called up the airlines and asked for the information which was shared to me by airlines and he agreed that the airline won't charge but as the booking is done from MakeMyTrip they (MakeMyTrip) can't do anything. It's worst service I have ever seen after airlines confirming that they don't charge for such thing still MakeMyTrip wants to charge.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I made a booking at Nainital through MMT. The hotel was not at all up to our expectations. We had booked considering it to be one of the best hotels with high ratings and the room was with a tariff of 12k which is pretty high. But when we found the property to be absolutely contrary to our expectations and we asked MMT to look into the matter and cancel booking for one day at least (we had a booking for 2 nights) they did nothing about it. They just waived off from their end saying nothing can be done from their end until the hotel management accepts a cancellation while the hotel management said that it can be done only by MMT.

We didn’t have any choice but to stay at the property reluctantly coz we had made the whole payment. I would really consider 100 times before making a booking with MMT in future. A very unprofessional attitude from their end and would recommend others also not to rely on the pics posted by them instead do your own research before booking any property. And be prepared there will be no hearing from MMT if you face any issues.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Booked a hotel from MakeMyTrip.com in Chennai. On Reaching there, made early check-in request. Surprisingly no early check-in but no normal check-in due to OVERBOOKING of hotel. Room not available, couldn't check-in, MMT couldn't solve problem, had to stay in taxi for 1 1/2 hr, Finally hotel people after arguments shifted in a hotel situated in 5 feet narrow street, no restaurant, no room service, situated in a dirty, dingy and unhygienic place in a poor residential hub. Have uploaded snaps and videos for same on website.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Services of MMT is worst and I booked a room in Hotel Lords that was also not as per my expectations and instruction... Both combinedly fool people and do not tell all conditions at the time of booking then charged more. Staff of Hotel Lords is not cooperative and manager has no sense of talking with female clients. I am very disappointed from the services given by hotel and MMT as well... MMT cheats people by initially showing less price and while booking increases the price (excluding taxes). I'll never suggest anyone to MakeMyTrip. I wasted my time here for hotel room booking. And even tried to find ways to match the initial price and booking amount price but couldn't get success. LIARS MMT!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I booked international package through MMT. They are total unprofessional. No proper procedure and every step you need to spend your time for follow-ups. Their visa agent name Aditi ** is the worst lady and with lot of headstrong. She provided all the wrong details and top of it her behavior is like she is the SMARTEST PERSON on this earth. Poor knowledge and lack of process makes me to write the review. If you are going to book any holiday package from MMT then please spare time for follow-ups. Nobody will give you call or update you the status. It's you need to do everything.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I asked for the breakup of invoice amount as onward ticket cost and return ticket cost. The MakeMyTrip customer care did not respond properly and unilaterally closed the request saying that this is a single trip only and no cost breakup could be provided. Further, the staff asked me to book two different tickets to get breakup of invoice amount. MakeMyTrip technology is developed in such a way that cost breakup is not available on a roundtrip booking for sharing with passengers.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

We happened to book at MMT Assured hotel in Yercaud and had been planning this trip for a getaway from our hectic work schedule. The plan was to have one of the best trips with a group of friends and picked up alcohol and barbecue set to cook meat from Bangalore. Although, we did not know what we were in for was a worst getaway ever for the next 2 days, do read below to understand why: 1) The Hotel on arrival told us that they do not serve alcohol and nor do they allow alcohol to be consumed in their premises. 2) They also told us they serve only vegetarian food and on our request of cooking barbecue told us that is not possible.

We requested them to allow us to at least cook the meat (BBQ) but they just denied and when we told them why this was not mentioned on MMT, they said you should read reviews for the same. We requested them to cancel the booking since we did not have network at that time to reach out to MMT, but they denied the same too. With a group of boys and also girls it was difficult to find more properties but we still searched for few hotels but all were occupied hence were forced to come back and check in at this Hotel (Hotel Wow Bison Woods). We had to discard our BBQ and Alcohol worth Rs 5000/- since we were not allowed to consume the same.

Now comes the service part, on checking out we requested the Hotel to give us a late checkout (2pm) for which the manager said ok verbally. We left at 12pm (2 hrs before checkout) to visit a point but on coming back at 1pm we were asked to vacate the rooms immediately. On telling them that they allowed us for late check out then why now force to move out they said now they got a new booking so we have to vacate in 10 minutes. We told them that we will give our review to MMT if you force like this and to this they said 'do not threaten us, we can also do the same'. We told them we have girls who are getting ready but they said they cannot do anything about it, we did not argue further and did our check out in 15 minutes without getting ready.

If this was not enough, the worst part was when we did not see anyone check in to the room for the next one hour since we were still around the property taking photographs. More than having a getaway and an amazing time, we had to waste time, money and further humiliated by their staff. When we contacted the customer care on getting network on the same night, we were informed a resolution in 24 hours. Within 24 hours we did not get any call. When we followed up with them we were told they need another 24 hours. Again there was no call received on Day 2. Finally, we made the 3rd call to them post 48 hours and were informed that MMT cannot do anything since we stayed there.

Do you guys (MMT) expect us to stay on the road away from home? After such a bad experience we were further tortured even by your customer care team by only assurances and no refund. Please help us get a resolution/refund for the complete trip. Below is the booking ID: ** within 24 hours. We also stayed a day prior at another property and had booked through MMT only they was a decent experience and no complaints on that. Booking ID for that was: **. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I will write my full review about MakeMyTrip. I had seen one Nepal tour package of 6D/5N with flights and all day to day activities with private car and 3 stars hotels its was showing 27500+ INR per person. If I book for 2 travelers I would get 18500+ INR discount so I calculated my amount its was 36500+ INR + taxes so not more than of 40000 INR for 2 travelers. When I tried to book its was showing me 73600+ INR and after discount deduction its was 58600+ INR + taxes. This clearly show that MMT is just showing less price to attractive customers and when you checkout it would increase a lots. I did some more research and did individually than the Nepal tour with same day to day activities, car, hotels etc everything with taxes included was not gone more than of 37000 INR.

I had talked with MMT customer care and tourist experts why this is lots of gap prices. They just replied that it's included service charges for you. Hahahahahaha cool. I told them I had read your reviews that once you get full amount you even not care of tourist for any support. They replied that please it's your final decision to go with MMT or books everything individually yourself. I did myself and saved lots of money. SO PLEASE YOU DO SO BOOK EVERYTHING YOUR OWN AND SAVE MONEY AND STAY AWAY FROM MMT. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

MMTBlack is advertised as a programme where you don't pay cancellation charges for your next five bookings. The money they refund goes into your MMT wallet, so you don't get the money back, but can use it for your next booking. I cancelled a Delhi Dehradun ticket Booking ID ** on 20th September 30 hours before my flight. I had paid Rs 2633 for my ticket - Dehradun to Delhi. Initially I wanted to change my ticket to a later flight and managed to talk to them, but they said the Black programme does not cover change in flight time, but I would get a refund if I cancelled.

Then I fell ill and had to cancel. They refunded only Rs 120 to me under the MMTBlack programme. This programme is a complete scam. I tried to call them but kept getting automated responses which redirected me to their online help, which has only canned answers and those canned answers did not cover the MMTBlack cancellation details. All it says is that the amount will be refunded in your wallet but not that the amount is not even 5% of your airfare. Don't waste your money on MMT Black, it's a con job.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I happened to book a international flight with wrong dates. When I understood the mistake and managed to re-schedule the travel date through the App and website it says call the customer support toll free number as re-scheduling cannot be done online. When called the customer support they re-directed to do online and say they cannot do it. Are you ** kidding? Do you think we are jobless scratching our ** off doing nothing? I have lost a day's pay off only because trying to call and get in touch with any travel executive of MakeMyTrip.com. And moreover this is not the first experience. Previously many times we have faced such issues. Never recommend this ** site for anyone I come across.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

MMT cheats people by initially showing less price and while booking increases the price (excluding taxes). I'll never suggest anyone to MakeMyTrip. I wasted my time here for hotel room booking. And even tried to find ways to match the initial price and booking amount price but couldn't get success. LIARS MMT!! CHEATERS MMT!!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

To begin with, We got our travel vouchers after much followup, just a day before we were supposed to travel. Then MakeMyTrip forgot to inform our hotel what time we were arriving. We had to take a short flight from Male airport to our resort island. We were accommodated on the last flight to our resort which was at 11 pm. After travelling all night from India, changing several flights, we were told to wait all day at the airport for a short 20 minutes flight to our resort. We begged the airlines to help us and they said they would see if there are any seats on earlier flights.

After waiting for 4 hours at the airport with our 5 year old kid we were finally put on a 2:30 pm flight and reached the resort at 4:30 pm. The day was almost over and we were too tired to do anything. We had some food and went to bed. Our entire day out of a 3 day trip was thus ruined. This is definitely the last time we booked through MakeMyTrip. After this horrible experience we will suggest everyone we know to never go with MakeMyTrip.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Recently booked a refundable ticket by paying 1000/- extra. After consulting customer care, they agreed for cancellation of one sector (JP-BLR) with refund of 8768/-. Actual refund received is 5468/-. This kind of frauds are not at all acceptable by any standards.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I booked my flights through this company and my return flight was canceled by the airline. I bought insurance, which turned out to be useless and had to pay extensive fees to cancel the first flight. This company I booked through was no help to me at all, ignored me and didn't try to assist me at all. I can't even get in touch with them over the phone. The number doesn't work.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

MMT guys are not providing the rooms in discounted price when their partnered hotels are providing. It is always better to verify the prices of their partnered hotels first directly rather than blindly booking from these travel sites. I have experienced such issue recently when I physically got to know during the stay at the hotel. The partner hotel were offering 50% discount but MakeMyTrip were charging their customers at regular price and were not ready to compensate for the same.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Undersign booked a cab through MAKEMYTRIP under BOOKING ID: **, in this transaction our views as under: Executive are not fully knowledgeable. They cheat to customer for booking. They confirm short distance but charge extra amount to every customer cab driver choose long way. Cab are not well furnished, cab driver misbehave to customer. For collecting the extra charge they cannot confirm roadmap. For any issue MakeMyTrip executive are not interested to clear the same time and disconnecting the telephone line. We strongly suggested to every gentleman do not book cab. bus, or other service provided by MakeMyTrip for any circumstances. We are fully against them.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I had planned for a third tour with MakeMyTrip and this was again bad experience. We had planned our international tour and the team had rushed on the bookings and embassy visit without properly verifying the documents for embassy visit as they have a team who gives assistance. Our Visa got rejected and before that date itself we were rushed to make the full payment of the tour. Now we didn't had enough time to reapply as our tour date was after 8 days and due to which they asked us to either bear penalty if wanted to change tour date which was a lakh or whole the if we cancel the whole amount will go in their pocket. I had tried to reach all the team and without giving any justification from higher authorities they just say, "Sorry. We tried best but couldn't do anything."

We somehow paid some amount for date change but we also wanted penalty to be reduced which they have still not resolved and asking to make the rest of the payments as soon as before the tour starts. Team members are not efficient enough to even resolve the queries and will just listen and write a sorry mail. This has been continuing from last 2 months and just asking to make payments. No explanation from the team from any levels as they have no clue and do not take cases seriously. I would personally do not recommend henceforth for MakeMyTrip as this was our last tour with whole amount at stake.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Worst ever experience with MakeMyTrip. Experience is really bad right from the discussion with the executive. I actually booked the trip for my parents and I wanted to have more places to visit in every location that I am visiting. The places that I opted for are Delhi, Agra, Rishikesh, Haridwar and Dehradun. I have made this explicit initially itself but when the CS executive sent me the itinerary list for the locations that I asked for, she sent very minimal places for every location. Say 2-3 places at max. When I asked for more, it was too many to and fro to make her understand my requirement. Finally, I got frustrated and I came up with the full plan for 8 days and gave her. Her work is just to send this to the backend team to get the quote for it. The amount she quoted was bit high but I did not worry about it much.

I actually wanted to have a good trip for my parents. I believed MakeMyTrip would do it better. When it came to the payment stage, she told me that the driver would drive only from 9am - 6pm and not for the rest of the time even if we had to travel from one city to another. When I asked about this again for clarification, she told me that it is outstation drive, driver can start by 6am also but she is not ready to give a written confirmation for this as their policy does not support this. I believed this to some extent and finally paid initial amount. While doing the payment, I asked her to provide the cab driver who knows English / Tamil as we are going by separate cab and my parents does not know Hindi. She told that we can try for that but cannot assure. Based on this confirmation, I made the payment.

The day came when my parents went for the trip. I called the driver in the contact number shared before they landed. Apparently the driver does not know anything in English. He just know two things in English. 1) Say a place is closed. 2) say yes yes yes for anything that you ask just like Rajnikanth did in one movie. My parents were really tensed to hear this. Just think of it. On the first day of the trip, driver saying that all the places in day1 are closed. I then had to speak to the travels (to whom MakeMyTrip has vended this out) and the MakeMyTrip executive to understand. Actually, 1 out of 4 places in the first day are closed but the driver told all of them are closed. I got help from some of my Hindi speaking friends to talk to the driver and finally made him understand that the places are open & he took my parents for sightseeing.

And thank God, day 2 is booked with Delhi tourism and it was very fair. Again it is day3 and the nuisance started. Day3 -> started from Delhi and travelled to Rishikesh and we had to visit Triveni Ghat in the evening for Ganga Arthi. Driver parked the car in Rishikesh hotel and made my parents believe that they have to walk a little bit to reach the Ghat. Actually, it is 1 km from hotel to Ram Jhulla, more than 0.5 km to cross Ram Jhulla and then get a share auto to reach the Triveni Ghat. They have to do the same process to reach the hotel again after Ganga Arthi. Driver just took rest in hotel and made the vendor believe that he took us for sightseeing Triveni Ghat.

Day 4 -> Morning, first word he told is 2 places closed which is actually open. I had to then talk to the reception guy, get information and then tell him it is open. He then showed some random places generally and tell that this is the sightseeing places. Eg. He showed a small mountain with some water telling that this is NeerGarh waterfall. When my dad asked the locality and then told him that we have to go 1km more, he fought with that guy. He also does not say where he is going to my parents before going. Only when he reaches, they will know. He speaks over phone all time, uses pawn.. etc.. troublesome guy.

I finally reached out to the vendor to change the guy but they are not ready to accept all this, and after so many discussion, they are ready to change the guy on day7 while the complaint was raised on day4. With no other way, I reached out to MakeMyTrip and they were not ready to take up the complaint. They asked me to talk to the vendor. So bad of them. Driver changed only on day 7 as the vendor told. New driver was bit okay with English and the trip was better after that.

Some callouts to people looking for MakeMyTrip. 1. Don't believe in MakeMyTrip. They are fraud people. They just vend out stuff to other company and we believe in their name while booking. 2. I asked for English speaking driver and even if they know if it not possible / less possible, they did not inform me about that earlier. They just got the money and made me struggle. 3. All the hotels that they committed were supposed to 3+ but hotels in Rishikesh & Haridwar were just like a dungeon. 4. Very poor customer support in case of an issue. They took 2 days to resolve an issue when 25% of my trip has completed.

Don't go to MakeMyTrip please guys. I got cheated. I have spent lots of money and the result is just frustration. Even the customer service of vendor is poor. They don't pick your call looking at your number. Really bad. MakeMyTrip does not care for you. They care just for your money. I will never plan for any more trip with them.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

This is regarding a taxi ride I booked via MakeMyTrip from Bharatpur to New Delhi Airport. I was visiting India so my friend Ansul **, who has an account with MakeMyTrip, made the booking online through his account. I am deeply distressed to report that it was the most horrible taxi ride of my life and I have lived and traveled extensively in India before. To make the situation even worse, I was traveling with a friend who was visiting India for the very first time and he was distraught & very disturbed with the entire experience and sadly left India with a very bad impression and feeling. Our pick up point was Birder's Inn Guest House in Bharatpur, Rajasthan. As soon as we got in the taxi we conveyed to the driver Vinod ** - ** [Cab No. **] that we needed to withdraw cash from an ATM to pay him and we did not need any specific ATM & any machine will do. He confirmed that he will keep that in mind.

My friend & I, both had been traveling in India for the past 10 days and Bharatpur was the last leg of our journey so we were very exhausted and just wanted to reach the airport safely in time to go back home. The driver had put the AC on at a very low temperature and it was very cold inside the cab. It was conveyed to him & he did turn the AC down. He was also playing music at a disturbingly high volume & we told him that this was making us uncomfortable and he initially did turn it down a little. But, to our dismay, after about 20 minutes, both the AC & the volume of the music was back to what we had started at. It confused us initially but we reminded & requested him again politely to turn both down & he again complied. I speak Hindi so there was clearly no communication problem when it comes to him understanding what we needed. This went on for quite a while.

He was driving extremely rash & honking no-stop & we again politely conveyed to him that we were in no excessive hurry & we would rather prefer that he drives safe but it appeared to us that he had started taking offense at the things we were asking for --- which in our opinion were absolutely VALID and I reasoned with him and told him that he was not on a "long-drive" alone and he was providing a service to us which we were paying for so the least we could expect was a safe ride to the airport with the most basic comforts without getting rattled too much but at this point the driver seemed pissed with us and he shot back absolutely unreasonable retorts such as ---- "Madam aap pehle customer ho jisko music nahi sunna. Yahan to main phir bhi aapki sun raha hoon but agar aap flight mein ja rahe ho to wahan aapki kaun sunega jab flight mein gaane chal rahe honge."

At this point I was absolutely confused and tired of reasoning with him and I again asked him politely that it was just 1.5 hours left till we reached the airport and we would really appreciate if he would just wait till we got off and listened to the music then. After this he kept of stopping by the roadside randomly every 15-20 minutes & sometimes he would just be on his phone on youtube playing music and/or he would just randomly step out of the car without saying anything and upon asking what was going on he stopped replying to us at all.

I cannot explain how disturbing this experience was for me and for my friend. Once we entered Delhi, I again reminded the driver that we needed to stop by at an ATM to withdraw cash but he did not respond. I insisted and repeated my request but again he did not respond and then when we were close to the airport he made a comment stating that I will have to withdraw money at the airport to give to him.

When we reached the airport, there were cop cars around that were not letting the taxi drivers park & they were rushing everyone and this confused me so I again asked the taxi driver about how to withdraw cash and give to him + where was the closest ATM to which he responded ---- " ye meri problem nahi hai, ye tumhari problem hai. Jao dhoond lo khud aur cash le aao."

I was at the verge of total mental chaos at this point and more importantly now I was worried about missing my international flight because of this mess I had somehow landed in. My friend remained seated in the car and I stepped out to look for ATMs. After walking around I found 2 ATMs which were both out of service. By this time, I had already lost another 15 minutes or so in walking around trying to figure out things and I was at the verge of blowing up.

I went back & told the driver that because of his absolutely unacceptable behavior & negligence I was now at the verge of missing my flight. He kept on insisting that I pay him by using Paytm or some other online application and I kept telling him that I do not live in India so I do not have access to such money transfer apps. He was blatantly rude and was not opening the car boot to hand over our bags and I lost another some time there and finally in a state of absolute panic, I had to tell him that if I miss my flight because of him, I will make sure I call the cops on him & explain the harassment that we had been subjected to. He finally released our bags and for us that nightmare finally ended but to our horror he started calling my friend in India who had made the booking for us, incessantly and now he is calling him every hour to ask for payment.

My friend told him that this was absolutely unacceptable but still complied and released a payment of INR1000 but he is calling incessantly and causing more mental turmoil. I had no idea that a reputed name such as "MakeMyTrip" could subject a customer to such excessive mental turmoil. The whole experience has been deeply disturbing for us & is continuing to be so for my friend who is now being subjected to non stop phone calls. I would want the management team of "MakeMyTrip" to look into this issue at the earliest and take appropriate action against such grave misconduct.

It's because of situations like these that we as a country and we as people have a horrendously shameful reputation in the International scene. It is because of such experiences that westerners think that India is a cesspool of a country and it's dangerous to step foot there. When I sent the complaint to the company they did not give me any proper response and then just sent me an email stating that the issue was resolved. I connected with them on their Facebook page but even there they are very slow to respond & did not provide any proper resolution. Absolutely shameful.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Half of the pages will take minutes to load and most of the pages will crash. When you start a transaction you will not be notified of any confirmation page but the transaction will be stuck in processing. You will be charged with you being notified of any completed transactions.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

The car booking service of MakeMyTrip is horrible. I booked a car from Agra to Delhi for 26th August 2018. It was mentioned that I will get the driver details and car number two hours prior to my mentioned pick up time. But I didn't received any information, when I called the customer care, I use to talk to the concerned representative after long waiting and then use to wait for another 15 minutes for talking to their senior executives. Every time they told will get back to you in 15 minutes, but never called. After wasting more than 2 hours like this, and calling several times, finally they told no driver is available and I should look for alternate arrangement. I had a flight to catch from Delhi to Mumbai and accordingly I planned my travel. But at the last moment when I had to leave for Delhi they cancelled the ride. I had too much of problem to reach Delhi airport, very narrow escape in missing the flight. My experience with them was horrible!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Booking ID: **. Booking Details: Car. Issue Category: Service Complaint. Issue Creation Date and Time: 25/08/2018 11.52 AM. I booked cab from Delhi to Meerut round trip on 25th August 2018 for 26th August trip at 7:00 AM. Around 5:00 AM I got a message in which they shared the driver details. I tried to contact the driver around 20 times, but he was not picking up my phone. So, I called to customer care. After having a word with them they said, "Give us few minutes. We will get back to you." At 7:45AM they have arranged a different cab for me. Again, I tried to contact second driver and again he is not picking up the call. Around 8:30 AM. I called again to customer care and they are just repeating the one line “WE UNDERSTAND YOUR PROBLEM” how well you understand your customer problems I got to know this very well now. I asked them to transfer the call to their supervisor and they held my call on hold for 15 minutes.

Again, I called them and request them to please give me chance to talk to their higher management. They said he is busy on another call. Please stop making your customers fool and respect their valuable time too. After waiting for 3.5 hours for a cab finally I had to request them to cancel the same. And then I have rearranged a different cab by my own urgently. I have a plan for yesterday (RAKSHA **) and due to their inappropriate cab service and the way they resolve the customer issue, they all got spoiled. SUCH A BAD EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER FACED IN MY LIFE FOR BOOKING A CAB. STOP ROBBING AND MAKING FOOL TO YOUR CUSTOMERS.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I had planned to travel SHIRIDI, Maharastra on 12 August 2018. Before 1 week I booked my hotel. The hotel "SAI PRATIK" was booked for 3 nights as it was written on coupon. I reached there and asked for room. Immediately the hotel in charge told me that, "Your room has booked for 2 hours, not for 3 nights and you can contact MakeMyTrip. We are not responsible for it." Immediately I contacted MMT CC. They replied the same. I told them it has mentioned for 3 nights on Coupon. They were not ready to listen my words. One thing I felt very bad that MMT like top service provider company promotes the hotels who don't have such sense. And for that, I would demand total Rs 1600 should refund to my bank account. I will never ever book hotel in MMT and I would like to suggest to my friends, colleagues, families not to do so. Thanks.

MakeMyTrip.com Company Information