Get matched with a great travel agency now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Hilton Grand Vacations
1.47/5

Hilton Grand Vacations

644 Hilton Grand Vacations Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 8, 2019

I also received a call regarding a special promotion, which was great at the time. I only have one complaint. I paid 160 something for the promotion. They they late charged me 50 dollars because I did not reserve within a certain time frame. When I did reserve a room, they charged me an additional 75 dollars per night because I added my 2 kids. The total I paid 465.00 and that included the taxes or whatever the fees are.

My husband and I did attend the HGV-Time share meeting. I wish I had the name of the guy who helped us. He was great, I did not feel any pressure from him. He explained the process, I know going to these type of meetings what is expected. I did not make a purchase because I could not afford the 3000+ they were asking for. I wanted to wait and read some reviews, which helped me make my decision... Thank you.

I do want to say we had a great stay at the Hilton Grand Vacation Las Vegas. The staff there are very kind. the room was great. My kids enjoyed the pool and the pool service. Destinee our server was awesome, she always had a smile and was very helpful. Parking wasn't bad either even though we had to pay 13 dollars a day. I wish I could afford their packages but too pricey for my family and I.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I was contacted by Hilton for a Hilton Grand Vacation experience. At first, I was irritated because I was already on vacation with my five children (single dad here). They offered 500 honors members points to listen to a short phone presentation which I received. I was offered a 2 night stay at a location for a discounted price. I opted for the Florida location as I wanted to take my kids to Disney World. I don't remember the exact price but it was something like 2 nights for around $150. I paid.

Days later, I decided that I wasn't ready to take all five kids across country from Reno to Orlando. I called them back and somehow managed to learn that Carlsbad, Ca was an option and that Legoland was right next to it. Score! That was a nine hour drive and my middle child is a Lego fanatic. I called to switch my stay and they graciously accommodated me as I put them on speaker phone so I could search for when my children's Spring Break was scheduled.

The single room option was not available for that date, but an upgraded two room suite was. It was something like $50 more money but I got one more night and an extra room so it was worth it. I only had to listen to a 2 hour presentation, it seemed like a deal as long as I knew there was 0% chance I would purchase what they wanted to sell me. Think timeshare...I did and was dead set on saying no thank you. I was also offered tickets to Legoland, future Hilton points and a rebate on a future Hilton stay.

I was charged exactly what was presented and no more. Switching venues was not an issue. I have read other reviews on this site that stated they couldn't get the dates they wanted and felt cheated. I, got the dates I wanted after I upgraded to a two room suite. I don't feel like this was a scam to get me to upgrade. I understand they are alloted so many rooms at any given time to give out at a discount. After all, they can't give away all of their villas every week at a big discount. They are a business. I am not the only person who was offered this "bribe" to get me to their sales pitch. I understand, my first choice dates may not be available but mine were.

The Marbrisa location was pretty fantastic! I checked in with the Grand Vacation desk and received my welcome package. I opted for $100 in restaurant gift certificates instead of Legoland tickets. This was a bonus because I didn't plan on coming back to Legoland. I also got a free appetizer certificate at one of the restaurants I chose. Please tip your server for the full meal price, not what you pay after gift cards! I also got papers for discounts at other places but I did not use them. The resort itself was pretty fantastic. Honestly, I forgot I paid for the two room suite and that was a pleasant surprise. I also wasn't expecting a kitchen or patio area out back. The main swimming pools were amazing. I won't forget those memories with my kids. I love LED lit pools!

Time for the sales pitch... I knew I was going to say no going into it. The sales people also know this as well and don't even deny that you start out with a hard no on your mind. Their job is to overcome this. They make you fill out a survey with questions of how many children, married/divorced/single/living with someone (they want to know your living situation), and how much you earn. I did not answer the income question and even asked why they wanted to know. I felt like they would offer different prices based on what you earned. After the presentation, I now feel like they want to know what you earn so they can offer a package that you could afford. They don't want to offer a bigger package way out of you range and scare you off or insult you with a package well below your means.

I've read reviews where they demanded your husband be there or demanded your wife be there. Label me a sexist all you want, but whatever...human nature is what is is. They want the man of the relationship there so if the the female pushes the male for the deal, Hilton can cover themselves and say both parties agreed to the contract. They want the female of the relationship there so they can ensure her emotions of permanent vacations will override the male's instincts of logical decisions and the female gets what she wants. I am a single dad and an Engineer. I had two up on them.

The sales person was a quite attractive woman. I think that was by design. The manager who presented me with the price of this transaction was also a quite attractive woman. I think that also was by design. Little did they know, I have not one but two quite attractive ex-wives. I did no prior research which was not too smart as internet reviews of everything is available. I was not prepared to how close I came to purchasing this offer. The sales person claimed she also owned it and told me of all the benefits she had received. It sounded like a good investment and I almost bought it. However, it was not a high pressure sales pitch. Yes, you would benefit from purchasing that second but it never felt like a high pressure situation.

I wasn't prepared for the "sticker shock" and that is what scared me off. I know I was going to say no from the beginning, but sales people know that and are quite convincing. I was really close to purchasing this. My child support payments and desire for owning a home overcame my fantasy of having pre-paid vacations. Fortunately, the sales person recognized this and didn't want to force me into something I didn't want.

After I got home, I googled reviews of this experience and landed at this site. Most of the reviews were centered around getting the discounted vacation. Personally, everything that was offered was granted. I did get the dates I wanted but I understand that if you want to go a destination like Hawaii on a "peak" week, you may not get what you want. I am pretty logical and I understand that the Hilton Grand Vacation pitch is a smaller part of a big business. They are selling the Hilton brand but they can't give away all of their rooms at this promotional rate so space is limited as well as the dates we all desire.

I am very happy I did not purchase the Grand Resort Package. It seemed like a great deal at the time of the presentation. I could have easily purchased it on what was presented but I do make note I did not research any reviews prior to going because "I knew" I wasn't going to buy. But, like I said, I actually came very close to buying. It all seemed like a great deal and I thought about it for the next few days. I am happy I passed now that I am home and read reviews here. I am aware of the Timeshare nightmares. Hilton is a points based system where you can go anywhere you want. Many reviewers said that availability of the new points system was terrible and availability is non-existent. I was promised cheap hotel stays at partner locations which was a huge selling point. Sounded great, reviews said availability was also non-existent.

Apparently, there are many fees to all the benefits they offer but do not tell you during the presentation. I am embarrassed to say that I did not consider my actual purchase price until after the presentation. It was $15,750 (or so). I could secure it with a down payment of $1,570 (or so) and a $200/month payment for ten years. I did not do the simple calculation of 10 years, 12 months per year at $200/month in my head. Yes that's a total of $24,000!!! Do the simple calculation for yourself to see what you will truly pay. Did I mention that there was a $870 (or so) yearly maintenance fee? Now, can this save you money over the long term? Maybe. Just be smart about it and valuate the total cost over whatever term you want and compare it to what you would spend over the same time period using Expedia, Travelocity, etc... Just remember you have to do all those calculation on the spot.

Also, I did not purchase the Hilton Grand Vacation package but I did receive everything they promised and more for simply attending the presentation. There were no tricks. There were no bait and switches for me. I got a 3 night stay in a two room suite for $200, I got $100 in meal vouchers and I got a $100 dollar rebate on my next Hilton one night stay. Seemed like a good deal to me. Stick to your guns!!

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

So, I was also suckered into the 3 night 4 day stay package in Las Vegas - which may actually be legit! - but my nerves got the best of me after reading SEVERAL inconsistencies in the follow-up email that was sent after the initial sales pitch conversation. The 12 month booking time was only 6 months in the email. The 2 hour presentation (max) was not listed in the email, but a generic statement that attending the presentation was "required". I am a stickler for details so, if I get up and leave at 2 hours and they say I didn't attend the "full presentation" then I would be charged. Peak days were not listed in the email - so how would I know when these are? Other fees were not addressed.

So, I embarked on cancelling this and four calls later, I reached a booking rep - Marissa, who was lovely. She spoke to her manager and within 10 minutes they cancelled my "non-refundable" booking. There was initial push back, but they said, "We want you to feel comfortable, and if you don't, we will cancel for you." Needless to say, I will never go through with this again, but did want you all to know it can be done - seamlessly and that they aren't as horrible as some write about here.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I received an offer of 500 reward points to listen to a Hilton Grand Vacation sales pitch. I was offered 4 days/3 nights three locations, DC being one of them. For what ended up being $280. I accepted the DC offer and planned our getaway. We wanted to stay at the District location but it would have been an additional up-charge for two rooms. We took the hotel option instead and stayed at the Hilton Garden. It was a bit of a PITA to get things scheduled.

As this included a timeshare pitch that I did not want. I did a ton of research. I was prepared for the worst and almost decided to not attend and take the extra room fee. We went this morning and Steve was the salesperson. We made it clear that we were not interested. He was very professional, asked us to take the tour, and other typical sales tactics. But he was always very professional and respectful. The experience was not at all what I was expecting and lasted less than an hour. We received all of the vouchers, etc that were promised for a painless sales pitch. I did not purchase either a timeshare or the follow-up promotion.

Original review: July 23, 2018

We bought our timeshare about 5 years ago in Orlando while visiting Disney. I love the fact you can travel all over with it since it's just points. It has taken us to Jamaica, Hilton Head, Miami, Cancun, Las Vegas and now to Hawaii. We love all the amenities you would get at home. The girls can have their own room. We have privacy too. Most of the properties have been very nice, especially the HGV Clubs. They do a very good job keeping them up to my standards and the staff have always treated us well.

This last vacation we decided to upgrade our points at the Kingsland presentation for the new Oceans Tower. The value was too good to pass up. They also added extra bonus points, so we are going to use them to take a longer trip to France and Italy. If you like to travel this is a great program. It's easy to book our points online and also take advantage of the last minute cash too. My money goes a lot further and we are not stuck in a hotel room. Plus with the equity we will be able to leave it to our girls one day so they can continue to vacation like we have these last five years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

Original review: June 15, 2019

We made a mistake of purchasing this HGVC time share and didn’t realize we had to roll over points by December 31st, so we lost our 3400 points. I found out when I went online to make reservations. I contacted them. They say they send out “numerous” reminders. That is absolutely not true. I didn’t receive one in my email or scam or junk mail or even US postal service. I told them of this. They only offered me to give me back my points for $299 into RCI which has cheap hotels (not a Hilton at all). It’s all about them making money.

Nothing is ever available that you want even ahead of time. I inquired into selling and was told I first have to pay off the whole loan ($9,000) and it’s only worth between $1500-$2000. I asked them to show me the emails they sent me. They said it’s a general email that goes out. Hilton does not care to satisfy their “property owners” at all, but they pitch you this really beautiful time share and even tell you they will help you sell it in the future if you no longer want it. Shame on them!

Original review: June 14, 2019

I was contacted with Hilton Grand Vacations customer representatives and had a conversation about a summer trip which I was not even planning about. I was told that if I schedule a trip at that very moment that they granted my with additional $200 hotel voucher. Just out of foolishness I said yes and we scheduled a trip to Las Vegas. On that day they charged me about $150 for 3 nights in Las Vegas. Then, later on, I was required to stay at the office for two more weeks due to some important paperwork by my boss. When I explained my situation to Hilton, their response was simply canceling my trip and charging me additional $120. Now, I am not going anywhere, but still I am paying about &270 for the trip that I will never go. Yet, they have still right to do so just because of the some wording in the agreement that I accepted through the phone. My advice, never say yes to Hilton.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I attended a sale pitch in Las Vegas. The sales pitch went on for 4-5 hours. They showed you what a wonderful program this could be and how easy it was to participate. The State of Nevada requires the sales people to review with you the private offering statement before any documents are signed. They did not do this. When discussing the price of the points, I informed the sales agent that I am disabled and living on a fixed income and could not afford this. They came up with a smaller option for less only when going through the signing process. I believe they changed the figures I agreed on and because I was in a significant amount of pain the agent did not give me the appropriate time to review the documents.

He gave a brief description and said sign here. I was a fool to trust them but wanted to be done and out of there. The private offering statement indicated I could cancel within 5 days but because they did not review this with me I did not know the time limit and believe I could cancel with no problem. DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE AND MAKE SURE YOU READ EVERY LITTLE DETAIL BEFORE SIGNING ANYTHING!

Original review: June 11, 2019

For the past 4 years my now fiancé and I have visited Myrtle Beach and have enjoyed staying at the Hilton properties. Two times at the Hilton Myrtle Beach and once at DoubleTree (remodeled after it was purchased by Hilton from Springmaid). We were able to stay at these properties by using Hilton Honors points. I travel very often for work and mostly get to have my company book me in properties in the Hilton portfolio.

The very first year we visited the Hilton Myrtle Beach four years ago - we were invited to go to the viewing at Hilton Grand Vacations - Ocean 22 resort. Since the weather during 2 of the days was going to be rain we figured why not! We can get some free stuff and some Hilton points with about 30000 points. We thought ...”that’s basically a night getaway somewhere!” So I was able to convince my girlfriend to check it out.

At this time Ocean 22 was still being built and we were shown pictures of what the concept would be like. I remember the salesman saying things like - “You guys are so young... (we were in our early thirties), You can OWN your vacations from now on, give to family, travel the world, and see the sights!” I thought that sounds like a great idea!! Let’s do this NOW! Since my parents and her parents are getting old they have had to cancel trips because of health reasons over the years! We could beat most of our friends and travel well before our “golden years”!! I said sounds “GREAT!! Let’s do it!” (In front of the salesman) My girlfriend said to him, “Excuse me sir, but we are going to need a minute...” She looked at me and tried not to scream, “Absolutely NOT. What are you crazy?! We are NOT doing this. We have other things we need to do!” In short she talked me back from jumping off the ledge, well that’s putting it mildly.

Then for the next 2 years we went and visited Myrtle Beach and took tours of Ocean 22 - we simply said no “It’s not the right time for us-right now!” My the girlfriend agreed every year and we took our points thinking... “Free night on Hilton”! Something that stuck in my back of my head every year -the price went up for Ocean 22 by a couple thousand dollars. I really thought this indicated that the cost is going up because Hilton also sees the VALUE in “Owning” our vacations and the property is worth more! So the next year I was convinced that the VALUE exists for their properties and since the price of ownership keeps going up that this could be an investment and that OWNING our vacations was something we could afford and is worth something!

The following year my girlfriend did not restrain me - she agreed - that VALUE exists and we said YES! I think we should do it! We signed up - our sales lady was so sweet, but surprised she said nobody our age usually buys!! We used it last year-our first year! We booked at Ocean 22. It was nice. But to be honest we had more fun at the DoubleTree over the Hilton Grand Vacation property - plus the DoubleTree in Myrtle Beach is in a better location in our opinion - much quieter.

We spent about 16k on our vacation property. Put is on the Amex they offered since 0 interest for year. Moved it to low interest personal loan later while still paying on it. All in all we have the property for less than 2 years... We recently had a sit down with our financial adviser who said it is NOT a good idea to have the timeshare and see if we can sell it back or get out of it in some way. We figured we can get about half for our property.

We submitted the form on the Hilton Grand Vacation site about selling back our ownership. A resale agent from HGV contacted us. Guess how much they said the “Fair Market Value” is worth? I know half right! - NOPE - how about a quarter of what we paid... NOPE!! It’s worth one-tenth less than 2 years after we purchased it. Let me tell you I have done some stupid financial things in my life!! BUYING A TIMESHARE WITH HILTON IS THE WORST FINANCIAL INVESTMENT YOU CAN MAKE PERIOD!!! So our timeshare we bought for 16k is worth less than 10 percent. The HOA fee for the year barely covers what it’s worth in total right now!! FYI- Our HOA = $1080 per year.

When I asked the resale agent why it is worth so little and the price is over 90 percent less! Her response was that it is “only worth what the market will bear.” The resale agent said we can put the timeshare on the market for “whatever price we want, but Hilton can refuse to sell if the - VALUE IS LESS THAN WHAT HILTON FEELS IT IS WORTH!!” This is ridiculous! Prices can be set by THEM. They have the legal authority to look at the contract before the property is sold and decide NOT to agree the property NOT sell for that price! You know what would happen if they said it’s worth at least half the value we paid. It would be worth 8k because they could refuse to sell it for less. But NOPE! This is how they value ownership! I feel worse for people that spent 160k and it's now worth 5k - yep I said that right! That’s what the Hilton resale agent told me!!

Hilton has the ability to value the timeshares at WHATEVER they deem is an “accurate assessment.” Per their legal agreement. Prices are set based on supply and demand. Things can retain VALUE legally because Hilton can restrict to finalize the sale of the property - they choose not to!! They take advantage of people!

Let me ask you a question!? What can you buy today and will be worth 90 percent less in a little under 2 years? Maybe a car that is totaled... I cannot really think of anything else- Except a HILTON TIMESHARE HAS NO RESALE VALUE WHATEVER!! Do not waste your time or money with this company!! You may think well this is the best way to vacation for me and my family - No, no it is not! It is the most EXPENSIVE way to vacation period. Rent a vacation home, use points, Airbnb, absolutely ANYTHING ELSE IS BETTER!

We have no choice but to keep it at this point! We cannot afford to take this much of a loss! So we decided we will continue to vacation at Hilton resorts and tell everyone in contact to avoid HGV like the plague! If we go to locations where they are doing tours with HGV we will be telling them to run as fast as they can - it is a SCAM!! I will not be surprised if they have a class action lawsuit eventually in the future due to the idea of the the fractional ownership ripoff! So thanks Hilton Grand Vacations - spent $16k for our bachelors degree in fractional ownership - COMPLETE LOSS!!

Original review: June 3, 2019

Rude staff at the hotel wouldn't let us check in half hour early even when the majority hotel is vacant. They asked us to buy an upgrade package to check in early. We agreed to get that for one night of our stay and out of nowhere, the adjacent concierge heard the conversation, stepped in and told we couldn't upgrade a single night and we'd have to buy the upgrade for our entire stay. The reason they gave was it's too much hassle to shift us from one room to another after a single night!! Yes! The hotel reception's words!! Had to wait another 3 hours before they had the room ready. I had a positive eyesight for Hilton but not anymore. Wouldn't consider another Hilton property in the future.

Original review: May 29, 2019

4 and a half hours sales pitch and difficult to get the refund. The presentation lasted longer than I was told it would and I was grilled for an additional 1 and a half by three different people trying to sell me a vacation package. I was supposed to receive a refund for the money I spent on the package and 7 weeks later, still no refund. I have contacted them 4 times and they keep telling me I have to wait to hear from the accounting department. DON'T FALL FOR THIS SCAM from Hilton Grand Vacations.

Original review: May 24, 2019

This is a total scam. You are offered "vacation ownership" and the promise that you can trade to any of their affiliated resorts. However, you cannot trade it for any worthwhile destination. We bought ours with a promise that we would have the 20th anniversary of our dreams in Hawaii. We tried to lock in our dates and were told time and time again that we cannot do it. First they said they could not take bookings sooner than a year out. Then it was 6 months out. I timed my bookings to be at midnight +1 5 months and 30 days in advance and magically all of the bookings that were available the weeks prior were gone.

Could not get a 2 bedroom anywhere on the island unless we took a couple of days in one terrible site and then moved to another terrible site across the island for a couple of days. Not our idea of a great, relaxing 20th anniversary. They want to blame their trade partner "RCI" but the "resorts" I am trying to trade are all within the HILTON GRAND VACATIONS resorts. Not sure why any trade partner is needed when we are in network. Well truth is we know that any opportunity to make money off of you is going to be exploited. By the way everything you do with this is a billable event for them. Want to trade? $100 per call to RCI. Want to bank your points, $$$. Want to rent your unit, you pay $$$. DO NOT EVER do vacation "ownership". Use any of the web AirBnB options that are out there and save your money.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Be very, very careful before getting involved in this scheme, which uses high pressure sales techniques to lock the unsuspecting into a very expensive arrangement. Superficially it sounds wonderful, but prices are not mentioned until the end of the (very) lengthy presentation and there is no question of thinking time. The trick is for the salesman to find out how much you are likely to spend vacationing in hotels over the foreseeable future (e.g. 200 USD per night for 2 weeks a year, for 20 years, equals approx 100,000 USD), use that figure as the base purchase price for the timeshare but adding the bait that you can sell the timeshare back to HGV at a "Fair Market Price" or leave it in your will. Right at the end, maintenance fees are mentioned but pretty much glossed over.

When I took a moment to think about this I realised they equated to 15 nights in a hotel at 200 dollars a night - the original spend on which the whole package was based! When reluctance is shown more details are added, "discounts" are thrown in. Lack of funds is not a problem, just use your CC for a deposit. Finally, the "closer" appears. Just make clear you are not interested/cannot afford it/unfortunately just out all your money into the South Sea Bubble. Only one side benefits from this scam. I enjoyed my discounted room at the Hilton Club it's just a shame that the steak dinner I spent the 200 dollars on gave my wife and I food poisoning!

Original review: May 16, 2019

My wife and I decided to take advantage of Hilton's offer to stay in FL for a reasonable rate in exchange for an hour's sales pitch. No problem. We were wondering if the newer ownership models for vacation timeshares made senses. (Short answers is still no and they are not newer, just more favorable to HGV.) Showed up on time and was met by an extremely slimy used car sales guy type. Supposedly HGV's #1 producer. Things did not get better from there. Instead of discussing the merits of their offer and being treated as informed buyers, we were treated with personal stories, generalized statements, and insultingly non-relevant answers to our questions. One hour turned to three hours and only ended when "corporate" came in for the third sales pitch and I said this had gone too long. She, to her credit, said thanks pointed us to the door and walked away.

Here is what I was after. Proof points that the program worked as they claimed. None provided. Financial ROI. None provided. What would happen if we exited. Nothing provided other that a statement that you would lose money. I could not even get a copy of the contract to review before signing. The kicker is that they kept pushing that HGV is a money losing proposition on purpose and they only are marketing this to their special Hilton status members. Really? Hilton is losing money on purpose selling pieces of their property. If true who will foot the bill for that? The timeshare owners. Who will get the benefit of the appreciated property value? Hilton. There is no risk to Hilton and only risk to the buyers. Well I guess they are risking me as a guest staying with Hilton going forward, which I do not see myself doing at this time. Folks this is simple, if it is too good to be true it is.

Original review: May 9, 2019

We tried several times to book vacations with no luck. Their service had been practically nonexistent. We have paid on it for several years and we're told that the property was only worth about 20 percent of what we gave for it. It is a big scam.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Initially I thought the vacation package sounded good. I paid my money and a couple days later I was contacted by a representative. I planned my vacation's dates for May 2019. The next day, 4/17/19, upon receipt of a vacation confirmation, the dates were incorrect. On 4/17/29, I called HGV and at this time I was ensured a refund because after listening to the recorded call, the HGV representative misrepresented the travel information when speaking to me. I was told 5 business days was the amount of time it takes to receive a refund. As of 5/8/19, I have not received my refund. It appears that HGV are financial thieves.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I originally bought a Hilton timeshare where I received point every two years. The cost was not too bad. So I received a call to go to Las Vegas on them. I attended the very pushy presentation. I kept saying no and they kept pushing more people at me to make the deal. Finally I caved. Now I have a very high payment. Not only can I afford to take a vacation, but none of the resorts are ever available except of course Las Vegas and Orlando. Neither of which I am interested in. Like many others they showed me beautiful places I could go. I am so disappointed and frustrated and locked in!!!

Original review: May 3, 2019

I paid $35,000 for an HGV membership a few years ago. When they do the sales pitch they tell you about all these great locations you can visit. However, if you are too poor to be able to afford the "elite" membership, you don't have options in those other locations unless you go through RCI. I don't even get a free breakfast or free parking at Hilton hotels for being an owner. They need to work on their perks because what they are selling is hard to use and their conversion rate is poor.

My dad is getting older and I wanted to be able to provide my family with some opportunities to vacation together so at my annual obligatory "sales pitch" meeting, I bought a VIP add on package. I live in CA and they live in NC so they are close to the Myrtle Beach location. I booked a vacation for all of us but my finances may not allow me to go with them. Guess what? I just called Hilton and my family CANNOT GO without me. I paid, but they can't go. What poor products and customer service. And I am normally a Hilton fan but this is just a waste of money.

Original review: May 2, 2019

My husband and I have been Grand Vacation members for sometime now. I'm seriously upset about the fact that we even signed up for this! We want to go to France later this year and guess what, they don't have a Grand Vacation hotel in France!! If we want to stay in a Hilton hotel in France, we gotta convert all our Grand Vacation points to Hilton Honor points and then book a regular Hilton hotel. By-the-way, the conversion rate sucks and even if we end up converting a ton of our Grand Vacation points, it will still not completely cover our stay.

I'm sitting here thinking to myself, we pay all this money to get these points and in the end they don't even have Grand Vacation hotels in most of the major countries/locations. Then what's the use of getting these Grand Vacation points? They even suggest using the Grand Vacation points with RCI. When I checked RCI for hotels in France, again there is literally one hotel which is also booked 8 to 9 months prior to our planned trip. I'm really disappointed because I have all these points that are expiring shortly and I can't even use them for my trip to France.

Also another thing that has always bothered me about staying in Grand Vacation hotels is that we gotta pay for everything. Nothing is free. Including room service and breakfast (sometimes even parking). Whereas, most other regular hotels provide for free. So we pay a lot more for lesser facilities??? I'm just not happy with this anymore!

Original review: April 24, 2019

We purchased a timeshare from HGVC about sixteen years ago in CO so we could ski with the family. The first five years it worked out great, but as the children grew and had other commitments, it was impossible to get everyone there the week we had reserved. We tried many times to get other weeks but it was always impossible. We eventually found that we could never get in as there were never any reservations available.

It's a money scam and Hilton takes full advantage of their timeshare owners. The maintenance fees have gone up and up, and for that amount of money we could stay in a luxury home someplace else. We paid nearly $40,000. for the 8,000 points we receive per year that we can't ever use, and when we began looking into selling it, we found out it isn't even worth $10K if that. (It's not sold yet!)

On top of all that, they call constantly trying to get us to come to Las Vegas to stay in one of their hotels for 3 days for free if we attend one of their presentations. We recently agreed to do that because one of our grandchildren lives there and thought it would be a good opportunity to see him. I came down with an upper respiratory infection the day before we were to travel and had to cancel the trip. We not only lost the airfare for our plane tickets, HGVC wanted to charge us $120. for the cancellation, but then decided they would waive half of that. They will take advantage of their clients every chance they get. They are impossible to deal with!

Original review: April 23, 2019

It's a timeshare scam disguised as a vacation club. I wished I had read these before. Like many I accepted the discounted vacation package with the stipulation that I had to listen to their 2 hour sales pitch that lasted 3 hours. The salesman was a fast talking "all is great this is not a timeshare" salesman. We told him we would not make a capital investment of that magnitude without thinking and researching the details. His demeanor changed and his supervisor came in to offer more incentives (another 30 minutes). Have her the same answer and she tried again.

Finally we were done or so we thought. On our way out to collect the $200 voucher we had a third tier attempt and before she could finish we said, "No THANK YOU." They mentioned the negative reviews as part of the presentation and dismissed them as a low percentage representation that did not reflect the many satisfied customers. I am glad I did not succumb to the pressure. Never make a decision that has long financial ramifications under pressure. You will regret it.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I wouldn't be surprised if every review greater than 1 star is a HGVC employee pretending to be another satisfied customer. BEFORE YOU BUY do a quick search on any website selling that sells the timeshare you are considering buying.... If you can't find it for 1/10th the price Hilton is selling you’re not looking very hard. What does this tell you? The market value isn't anywhere near what the friendly salesman tells you it is. They'll tell you how much they love theirs, blah, blah, blah....don't believe them. It's a joke.

It's basically a total waste of money. The maintenance fees equate to about what you'd spend on a week in the same type of resort in the popular season. Their booking website is AWFUL. I don't know why they can just copy one of the hundred+ hotel booking type of websites already out there. Trying to find what you want when you want it is TEDIOUS at best. Oh, and by the way, they never have anything we want available anyway. Here's why: Owners get a "home" week that they can book before other members. So unless you only want to go to that same place every year, you are put into a lower priority for booking. They are always booked up. They'll have a couple odd days available here and there, but NEVER what you want when you want it.

I don't know if the Hilton customers stay up till 1201 am to book their vacation the minute the general booking window opens, but unless you’re the type that sleeps out for concert tickets don't plan on ever enjoying a vacation in the resort you want on the dates you want. Please save yourself total disappointment, aggravation and your money. AGAIN....JUST SEARCH FOR THE TIMESHARE AND POINTS YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT BUYING BEFORE YOU BUY.... There's your true market value....not what the slick sales pitch tells you. I paid about $40K for 8400 points. I can't sell it for $10K...and I've found them for about $3000 for sale on sell my timeshare dot com. Don't do it.

Original review: April 12, 2019

The ever increasing Timeshare maintenance fee per year alone is enough to pay your whole week at most other 4 stars Hotels. Most importantly, you don't have to give them upfront $35,000 to buy 8000 point which is worth about a week stay during prime season of Jun-Sept. You cannot resell your timeshare as easy as Hilton stated. They quickly add $400 collection fee to your Maintenance fee balance (Collection runs by Hilton), and that's on top of late fee and interest if you ever fall behind for just 2 months.

I don't know what is going on there at the management level, but things seem to change lately. I did enjoyed first couple years but after 10 years of being a member I realize it is not worth the buy. Why spend $35,000 and pay $2500 maintenance fee per year? You know what you can do with $2500 if you ever go anywhere for a week. The way they treat customers bother me more. No HOA email replied, and long phone wait...

Original review: April 8, 2019

High-pressure sales presentation (quite different from initial telephone contact ); ridiculously expensive offer with hidden costs; anger displayed with displeasure when the offer to buy was refused, and the 200 dollar rebate/offer for listening to the presentation had unforeseen stipulations that essentially made it very difficult to use. Before attending the Hilton Grand Vacation presentation, read the reviews, note the high number of low #1 ratings and this "zero" rating if it were an option...by George!

Original review: April 8, 2019

As I read through all the reviews, I guess I wonder what planet I'm living on that some of the reviewers are not. I have been a Diamond Hilton member for decades and a Grand Vacation owner for many years. All I can say without going into any detail is that I have had a flawless experience making reservations and a perfectly wonderful time at more property and resorts than I can count. I urge folks to see what they may be doing wrong to not make this work, because it does. My wife and I could not be happier and there are very few changes I would even suggest that they make. Happy travels to all!

Original review: March 30, 2019

HGVC aggressively push overpriced points share. They lie about reselling with them is easy. That's not true. Your property never appreciates. Their prices are too high for the amount of points you get yearly. Stay away from HGVC.

Original review: March 28, 2019

It sounds like a great deal, but they talk you in circles, flat out lie, and have no problem charging your card without authorization for a different hotel than what you've requested. I would almost rather eat the $200+ that I committed than have to call them for the 5th time to try to book dates. It's a nightmare, and your money and time is better spent elsewhere.

Original review: March 27, 2019

We love our timeshare memories and have enjoyed our Hilton Elite ownership experience for over 22 years. HOWEVER, the maintenance fees continue to rise and after paying over $50,000 for our timeshare points, (financed by Hilton so they profited from the interest), and now paying $3,500 in annual maintenance fees, I was a little more than taken aback this year by Hilton’s response when an illness kept me from being responsive to paying this fee on time. In addition to a $25 late fee and 18% interest on each of my two accounts, I was also charged a $400 “collection” fee on each account for a total of over $900 in penalties and interest.

This is after 22 years of timely payments. And despite numerous and regular emails and phone calls trying to get me to purchase more HGVC points, they did not bother to let me know the $400 fees were being implemented and did not inform me of the date this would happen - no email or phone call about that! And of course, there is nothing that can be done about it because this has gone to “collections.” Oh... And guess who owns the collection company? You got it... Owned by Hilton. I will refuse all solicitations from HGVC in the future. As for prospective owners... A word to the wise... Check out another company!

Original review: March 27, 2019

I purchased a Orlando Vacation Package with Hilton Grand Vacation. Never will I do this again. The girl that sold us the package has said that the money was refundable if not used minus a small cancellation fee. She lied, lied, lied! After I decided to use the package in early April there were none available although I could go onto Orlandovacation.com and reserve a Hilton hotel. This person who I was now hoping to make a reservation with said that they only have a reserve amount of rooms to use. It’s a complete scam and I am out over $300. I will never use them or any other prepay vacation package. I will switch to Marriot member even though I am currently a silver Hilton Honors member to see if they are any better.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I became an owner two years ago and love my ownership. I see all these bad reviews and don’t understand why. The availability is great and it has allowed my family to travel to places and stay in accommodations we never would have been able to. It was definitely worth the money!

Hilton Grand Vacations Company Information