Get matched with a great travel agency now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Hilton Grand Vacations
1.46/5

Hilton Grand Vacations

678 Hilton Grand Vacations Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

A lot of these reviews out here are simply because people did not read the fine print. You have to ask questions and you can’t tell the representatives wrong information. I booked a 2 night stay at a Hilton property for my birthday and decided to change last minute. Granted, I did not know there was a $19 (and some change) fee to cancel my reservation. When I attempted to book again, the window for the two hour presentation was gone. I ended up booking at the end of my birthday month. Let me give you some tips.

1. Do realize the nature of this trip. They want you to purchase a timeshare so yes, the two hour presentation might seem pushy but that is what you sign up for.
2. My significant other did not attend the presentation because I did not list myself as married or co-habiting. Do be honest about who is attending.
3. Ask the hotel questions AND HGV before booking. I made sure to ask the hotel about any extra fees during and before my stay. Were there extra fees not mentioned by HGV? Yes! But that’s going to be at any hotel you stay at but I knew this before checking in.

4. It’s not a scam, it’s a business.

The goal of the timeshare presentation is to get people to sign up for a timeshare. Even though I did not purchase a timeshare, I ended up learning a lot about how I can earn points through by becoming a member. All in all, it was a fun trip and I got the opportunity to stay at a fabulous property.

Original review: July 11, 2019

In booking a room at a Hilton resort, I was transferred to a "sales pitch" line where the salesman - who by the way was very nice and not super pushy - talked me into buying a 4 night stay in Vegas for only $199. The only catch was that we would need to attend a two hour on site tour/sales pitch. All sounded good, and with us planning a Vegas trip soon anyways it seemed like a good idea. I fell for it and signed up. Almost immediately, I had buyer's remorse. Reading the reviews of how horrible the booking process is and how people were treated at the tour had me worried.

My review is 4 stars because I when I called back - literally 30 minutes after purchasing - I was honored a FULL refund. The nice customer service member on the phone did try to re-convince me (which I expected) but after just a few short minutes she agreed to issue a refund to my card. I just nicely and firmly stated that I had changed my mind mostly based on reviews I'd seen and was worried I was being scammed, and would greatly appreciate a refund. I also mentioned that as a consumer I had a right to cancel with 24 hours (not sure if that's legit but I think maybe it helped). I can't say how the booking process is or the vacation package experience. This review and rating is solely for the cancellation process and customer service. (Let's hope the refund actually hits my card in 7-10 business days.)

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I remember when we purchased our ownership with Hilton in New York City a few years ago.... Naturally I went home and I started googling... and immediately I started seeing some very Alarming posts. I started freaking out, that's me (I tend to do the same thing on WebMD, a strange feeling in my leg is instantly a horrible medical crisis. Lol. Google.)

Well long story short we decided to give Hilton a chance my wife said hey our business has negative reviews and we have a Family run Pharmacy for over 30 years... and no one ever goes online to write how many people we’ve served over the years.... just complaints mostly. I’ve learned to live with it....I suppose that is just the world we live in.... Well since we’ve owned with Hilton we took our whole family to Hawaii for my wife’s Birthday, it was unforgettable. We have taken a bunch of 2 and 3 day last minute stays in NYC which we LOVE! Check the price of the room during the holidays, you’ll giggle. Shows, dinners, little getaways... And two months ago we had million dollar 2 bedroom condo on the beach in Portugal.... Would I have paid for these properties myself outright? Probably not.

Having a home away from home has been a great experience for my family... that's been our experience... Has it been perfect? No. But neither is staying in a regular hotel Marriott, Hilton or anything. That's life.... Would I recommended this? If you like Hiltons and you like more bang for your bucks well, It's been pretty good to my wife, my kids and myself. The only thing that keeps me up at night anymore with Hilton is trying to plan our next trip... actually that's what were doing right now and my wife reminded me when I somehow stumbled back to this googling 4 years later. Lol. What can I say? My wife is smarter than me. Happy Travels! That's my wife and my daughter from our ski trip to Colorado.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I also received a call regarding a special promotion, which was great at the time. I only have one complaint. I paid 160 something for the promotion. They they late charged me 50 dollars because I did not reserve within a certain time frame. When I did reserve a room, they charged me an additional 75 dollars per night because I added my 2 kids. The total I paid 465.00 and that included the taxes or whatever the fees are.

My husband and I did attend the HGV-Time share meeting. I wish I had the name of the guy who helped us. He was great, I did not feel any pressure from him. He explained the process, I know going to these type of meetings what is expected. I did not make a purchase because I could not afford the 3000+ they were asking for. I wanted to wait and read some reviews, which helped me make my decision... Thank you.

I do want to say we had a great stay at the Hilton Grand Vacation Las Vegas. The staff there are very kind. the room was great. My kids enjoyed the pool and the pool service. Destinee our server was awesome, she always had a smile and was very helpful. Parking wasn't bad either even though we had to pay 13 dollars a day. I wish I could afford their packages but too pricey for my family and I.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I was contacted by Hilton for a Hilton Grand Vacation experience. At first, I was irritated because I was already on vacation with my five children (single dad here). They offered 500 honors members points to listen to a short phone presentation which I received. I was offered a 2 night stay at a location for a discounted price. I opted for the Florida location as I wanted to take my kids to Disney World. I don't remember the exact price but it was something like 2 nights for around $150. I paid.

Days later, I decided that I wasn't ready to take all five kids across country from Reno to Orlando. I called them back and somehow managed to learn that Carlsbad, Ca was an option and that Legoland was right next to it. Score! That was a nine hour drive and my middle child is a Lego fanatic. I called to switch my stay and they graciously accommodated me as I put them on speaker phone so I could search for when my children's Spring Break was scheduled.

The single room option was not available for that date, but an upgraded two room suite was. It was something like $50 more money but I got one more night and an extra room so it was worth it. I only had to listen to a 2 hour presentation, it seemed like a deal as long as I knew there was 0% chance I would purchase what they wanted to sell me. Think timeshare...I did and was dead set on saying no thank you. I was also offered tickets to Legoland, future Hilton points and a rebate on a future Hilton stay.

I was charged exactly what was presented and no more. Switching venues was not an issue. I have read other reviews on this site that stated they couldn't get the dates they wanted and felt cheated. I, got the dates I wanted after I upgraded to a two room suite. I don't feel like this was a scam to get me to upgrade. I understand they are alloted so many rooms at any given time to give out at a discount. After all, they can't give away all of their villas every week at a big discount. They are a business. I am not the only person who was offered this "bribe" to get me to their sales pitch. I understand, my first choice dates may not be available but mine were.

The Marbrisa location was pretty fantastic! I checked in with the Grand Vacation desk and received my welcome package. I opted for $100 in restaurant gift certificates instead of Legoland tickets. This was a bonus because I didn't plan on coming back to Legoland. I also got a free appetizer certificate at one of the restaurants I chose. Please tip your server for the full meal price, not what you pay after gift cards! I also got papers for discounts at other places but I did not use them. The resort itself was pretty fantastic. Honestly, I forgot I paid for the two room suite and that was a pleasant surprise. I also wasn't expecting a kitchen or patio area out back. The main swimming pools were amazing. I won't forget those memories with my kids. I love LED lit pools!

Time for the sales pitch... I knew I was going to say no going into it. The sales people also know this as well and don't even deny that you start out with a hard no on your mind. Their job is to overcome this. They make you fill out a survey with questions of how many children, married/divorced/single/living with someone (they want to know your living situation), and how much you earn. I did not answer the income question and even asked why they wanted to know. I felt like they would offer different prices based on what you earned. After the presentation, I now feel like they want to know what you earn so they can offer a package that you could afford. They don't want to offer a bigger package way out of you range and scare you off or insult you with a package well below your means.

I've read reviews where they demanded your husband be there or demanded your wife be there. Label me a sexist all you want, but whatever...human nature is what is is. They want the man of the relationship there so if the the female pushes the male for the deal, Hilton can cover themselves and say both parties agreed to the contract. They want the female of the relationship there so they can ensure her emotions of permanent vacations will override the male's instincts of logical decisions and the female gets what she wants. I am a single dad and an Engineer. I had two up on them.

The sales person was a quite attractive woman. I think that was by design. The manager who presented me with the price of this transaction was also a quite attractive woman. I think that also was by design. Little did they know, I have not one but two quite attractive ex-wives. I did no prior research which was not too smart as internet reviews of everything is available. I was not prepared to how close I came to purchasing this offer. The sales person claimed she also owned it and told me of all the benefits she had received. It sounded like a good investment and I almost bought it. However, it was not a high pressure sales pitch. Yes, you would benefit from purchasing that second but it never felt like a high pressure situation.

I wasn't prepared for the "sticker shock" and that is what scared me off. I know I was going to say no from the beginning, but sales people know that and are quite convincing. I was really close to purchasing this. My child support payments and desire for owning a home overcame my fantasy of having pre-paid vacations. Fortunately, the sales person recognized this and didn't want to force me into something I didn't want.

After I got home, I googled reviews of this experience and landed at this site. Most of the reviews were centered around getting the discounted vacation. Personally, everything that was offered was granted. I did get the dates I wanted but I understand that if you want to go a destination like Hawaii on a "peak" week, you may not get what you want. I am pretty logical and I understand that the Hilton Grand Vacation pitch is a smaller part of a big business. They are selling the Hilton brand but they can't give away all of their rooms at this promotional rate so space is limited as well as the dates we all desire.

I am very happy I did not purchase the Grand Resort Package. It seemed like a great deal at the time of the presentation. I could have easily purchased it on what was presented but I do make note I did not research any reviews prior to going because "I knew" I wasn't going to buy. But, like I said, I actually came very close to buying. It all seemed like a great deal and I thought about it for the next few days. I am happy I passed now that I am home and read reviews here. I am aware of the Timeshare nightmares. Hilton is a points based system where you can go anywhere you want. Many reviewers said that availability of the new points system was terrible and availability is non-existent. I was promised cheap hotel stays at partner locations which was a huge selling point. Sounded great, reviews said availability was also non-existent.

Apparently, there are many fees to all the benefits they offer but do not tell you during the presentation. I am embarrassed to say that I did not consider my actual purchase price until after the presentation. It was $15,750 (or so). I could secure it with a down payment of $1,570 (or so) and a $200/month payment for ten years. I did not do the simple calculation of 10 years, 12 months per year at $200/month in my head. Yes that's a total of $24,000!!! Do the simple calculation for yourself to see what you will truly pay. Did I mention that there was a $870 (or so) yearly maintenance fee? Now, can this save you money over the long term? Maybe. Just be smart about it and valuate the total cost over whatever term you want and compare it to what you would spend over the same time period using Expedia, Travelocity, etc... Just remember you have to do all those calculation on the spot.

Also, I did not purchase the Hilton Grand Vacation package but I did receive everything they promised and more for simply attending the presentation. There were no tricks. There were no bait and switches for me. I got a 3 night stay in a two room suite for $200, I got $100 in meal vouchers and I got a $100 dollar rebate on my next Hilton one night stay. Seemed like a good deal to me. Stick to your guns!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

We purchased our Timeshare after a rather lengthy high-pressure sales pitch. We own Timeshares with another vendor, which we love (Will not mention the name). But Hilton Grand Vacations has disappointed. Every time we have attempted to use our points there's no availability. If you pay cash for the stay then rooms are available, but not for owners. We tried booking something for March 2020, and still unable to find accommodations. They engage in Predatory Lending, to separate you from more of your money - inducing and assisting a borrower in taking a loan that carries high-interest rates. Hilton has very few resorts and their RCI exchange program is not any better.

The only place we've been able to use our points was in Orlando, Florida. The place we stayed was a Hilton Resort next to SeaWorld. The place was a dump! Everything was breaking or broke in the room and couldn't get any service to fix or replace anything.

When we notified the Vacation Club to our experience they replied "don't stay at that place, we know it's substandard." We were told during this high-pressure sales pitch that Hilton has a buy-back program, so not to worry if we didn't like the program. Well, let me tell you about this program. First, you pay $15,000 and up for this TimeShare but they offer you $2,500.00 to cancel the contract. So, basically, we'd pay them close to $18,000.00 dollars for a 5-night crappy stay in Orlando. My advice to anyone looking at Hilton Grand Vacation - DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!! Don't be taken advantage of like us.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I am an HGV owner sad to say. I purchased a 4 day vacation pkg supposedly to find out the joys of ownership. I expected to stay at a hotel that was more on the order of what I used to expect of Hilton. Instead, we got a dark damp room across the street from the property we owned! We arrived at this hotel at 4:30 in the afternoon on a Sunday. I was unable to get anyone in the Hilton organization to get decent accommodations. This is supposed to be a hospitality business? I had to give a one star rating. If I could I would have given a zero star.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Being a Hilton Silver Member I rec’d a call from HGV and signed up for the $199 3 night “free” stay if we would sit in on a 2+hr sales pitch to purchase a time share (although the sales person was adamant this is NOT a timeshare). We had to cancel our original trip to the Las Vegas area and we just recently reserved a stay for the HGV “stay” in Myrtle Beach. Upon arrival we were placed in an upgraded condo at the Kingston Plantation. UGH! Outdated and rundown with a less than pleasant check in.

Nonetheless we arrived for our scheduled presentation. 3 hours of non stop “buy buy buy” spiels. We knew WELL in advance that this is a scam with numbers that are ridiculous. They showed us a 3 bedroom suite...BUT should we want to book it, it would take 9700 points during a platinum time frame. She priced out a 4800 point “deed” which would be $40k and still we would not be able to book the room they showed us. $40k?? Not to mention the annual maintenance fees (so each owner pays all the maintenance and taxes for Hilton to continue to run their scam). WTH? LOL! Go go on Air B&B and find a similar stay for the normal cost! Don’t fall for this empty promise package. Listen to how many times they say “based on availability”...boy were they shocked we we pointed out how their numbers didn’t add up and how ridiculous the whole scam was. Side note: we made the best of the 3 night stay for $199!!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

Classic bait & switch. Hilton Grand Vacations salesman call me to offer 3 night vacation at one of 4 resort locations, which I accepted and paid for in full over phone. Reservations number he gave me said the closest location near me, Hilton Head, is blocked off for promotional purchasers. Then after being on hold for a while, indicated to me that for an additional $55 per night they could arrange it for next year. All of the conversations are recorded so when I asked for a supervisor to review and respond to me, no response ever came about. Hilton Grand Vacations has more problems than just me and my experience, the business newspapers have indicated their difficulties, their attempts to find a partner or to be bought out by private equity.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

The salesperson doesn't tell you everything. You have to go with your spouse because there is another sales meeting you have to attend. If you don't, there is an additional, large fee that has to be paid. I should have read the fine print. Don't trust the salespeople to be up front with all the information.

Hilton Grand Vacations Company Information