Hilton Grand Vacations

Compare Travel Agencies

Research top Travel Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Purchased an entry level timeshare back in 2015. We were sold on "this was so easy to use" blah blah blah... Well we have not been able to use it and we are flexible. We were sold a bill of good on this deal. I want to know if there is a legal way out of this sucker. With these maintenance charges it's the gift that keep giving year after year. Unless you want to go to Orlando or Vegas this is NOT a deal I would consider. Anyone make progress with getting out of this???

Member since 2002. I will make this short and simple. Whatever Hilton Grand Vacation Club offers you. Don't believe it! Example: I been promised I could book a place at any of their resorts. I have trying to get a reservation on Marco Island, or surrounding locations for nearly 3 years. I haven't been able to make any reservations on or near Marco Island. New York City is starting to be the same story. So, every year I have to convert my points to Hilton Honors and it's nearly impossible to sell my timeshare for a respectable price.

Consider using a different company/resort. We were charged $160.00 to cancel a stay in advance - a charge we were not notified would occur. We wish we would have researched this company before and noticed the other similar experiences here.

I am an Elite member of what I thought was a good timeshare company. Don't get fooled by their name. (Hilton.) If you're considering buying, get out while you can. MY wife and I bought a property in Myrtle Beach. On June 16 of this year we paid for the property the same day. We paid in full. It's over 6 months now, I can't get a deed or the points that they promised me. They say the deal has to be finalized before I get my points. They took my money in full the first day and still nothing. I can't keep track of all the emails, texts and phone calls.

If they say they'll call you back, "FORGET ABOUT IT". You can't speak to anybody but the sales department. They guard the phone numbers of anyone with influence like Trump's tax returns. No matter how I try, can't get passed the sales department. Now that they have my money, where do I turn??? God forbid if you ask for a refund. They'll have none of that. Could someone please give me any advice or alternatives. I don't have the money to fight their law department. I guess that's what they depend on.

Bought in 2015, upgraded to Elite in July 2016. I have never used anything but Hampton in the last year, so this is not a good deal for me, since I pay over $1000/month and never use it. Also, I just got a bill for over $2800 for fees, etc. My personal Elite person won't even give me the resale number. He led me on a wild goose chase. I found the number on my own, left a message, and their message says someone will return my call within 21 days. 21 days??? Really?? Talk about a horrible business model. Wow. Same on e-mails, 21 days. I just want it to be gone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

I want to warn other consumers of the pitfalls of buying into Hilton Grand Vacations (HGV). My husband and I purchased points in the Vegas property over 8 years ago. We have since left the US and have found even booking 12 months out we are unable to get any availability. We did manage to book one of the Scottish properties. The accommodation hadn't been updated since the 1950s and was not of the standard I associate with the Hilton Brand. We therefore decided to look into selling our timeshare as we are currently throwing $1,000 a year down the drain. The process itself has been harrowing with us only being able to leave a message on a answer phone and then them not getting back to you in the 21 days timeframe they promise. We have now been trying for over 6 months.

We wrongly assumed they resale value would be equal to the outlay value as in the presentation we had been told the value increases overtime, that is not the case. We have been offered less than a 10th of what we paid for it and told that is market value even though if I bought new today I would be paying more than I did 8 years ago. In my mind the whole thing is a complete con and I wouldn't be taken in by the Hilton Brand name. The whole thing has left a very bitter taste in my mouth and Over $20,000 out of pocket. I would strongly advise people not to be sucked in. I will never have anything to do with any Hilton brand in the future.

Warning! Hilton Grand Vacations is a bait and switch operation. Once again I learned that you never get something for nothing. They promise 3 nights in a 4 star (Vegas) but (of course) the dates you want are un-available when you try to make a reservation. So they will book you in a 3 star where 1 reviewer complained of cockroaches! So I fell for it and I'm out $167. Thank goodness that was all. PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION WHEN DEALING WITH HILTON GRAND VACATIONS. :-(

I purchased a package for a 4/3 night stay at one of Hilton's Resort. I had my doubts going into to this considering I had to do a timeshare presentation. To my surprised I ended up buying 4,800 Pts every other year... I can tell you it was one of the best choices I made. MY family and I have traveled through Hilton, open season and RCI last calls (which our salesperson told us it was the one of the best options to get extra vacations). Overall I am satisfied with my purchase. Quite honestly I feel it has saved my marriage for the fact now we have a product that allows to travel to 4 to 5 star accommodations for the rest of our lives... A+++. Thank you Hilton!!!

If you want to be pressured and belittled for 2 hours go ahead - these people are horrible. I'll never stay at a Hilton again as long as I live. Kathy the red headed closer told me if I couldn't afford their lowest cost program I have some big problems financially. Well I would have had some big problems if I did take their lowest price program. These people obviously didn't care about me or my wife. All they cared about was making their commission.

Best vacation ownership program to own lots of variety of high quality resorts and hotel to choose from. I have been an owner for over 7 years and I have been to places I wouldn't have ever dreamed of going without this program. The point system is so easy to use and gifting vacation time to friends and family is the best part of it all. All the people that are not happy with the ownership really don't know how to use the membership to its potential. I have referred many friend and family and they are so happy because they purchased the right package for them. Not something too big or small.

So our experience with Hilton Grand Vacations is the same as all of the others giving one star descriptions. Little things like "you can always convert to Hilton Honor Points" without saying that the conversion rate is 25 to one. So the 7000 bonus points we received by joining Hilton Grand is good enough for one night at a hotel that you do not need to worry about being mugged going in. Or the buyback description only to find that we were told (after a three week wait) that what we had was not worth anything.

Oh, and they recommended we keep it. Or the ridiculous $200+ charge to use RCI. Or the nearly impossible ability to book anything you can reach. We specifically told the agent that we were looking for locations 500 miles of St Louis. We were sold the package with the guarantee that we could stay as many as 10 nights a year nearly anywhere in our area. They use high pressure sales and false promises to con people. Seriously; why are these people not being sued.

I received the call! As a "Hilton" member I would get 4-day 3-nights at one of the "Hilton" properties in Myrtle Beach, so I talked it over with the wife and we bought the deal for $225.00. Good news ends here. We set a date a few weeks later and planned to travel after the summer rush. Problem was nothing was available nothing so we kept trying and wound up going November 10-13. This should have been a red flag but it was "Hilton". Normally I would have checked out problems and complaints online but hey it's "Hilton".

We arrived at the Hilton Resort just in time to register at 4PM. Upon arrival I am told we are NOT registered there but next door at the Palms. Believe me the Hilton Resort is first class, the Palms not so much. Our room which I thought was a beach front (maybe I misunderstood) but was beach view and that was a stretch. The room was the smallest hotel room I have ever had the displeasure to use. The Palms is an older condo and its age is showing in the condo we were in. Not at all "Hilton" standards.

First problem no Wi-FI. It took two days for the hotel and their tech people to get it right. Next the very deep tub and shower was so old it had old school sliding glass doors with an opening only a contortionist could fit through. Bedding was horrible. Every night we fought with the bottom sheets, no fitted sheet just one too short and too narrow to tuck in. Nice flat panel TV but most channels no HD and no channel guide, just saying. The carpet was so bad in the hall that its rolled up creating a trip hazard in several places. This set up a most unpleasant weekend certainly not worth what we paid.

We knew what to expect going in and were prepared for a high pressure sales pitch and that's what we received. The promised 2-hour tour ended after the office closed at 5PM. After we toured the condo we went upstairs to a glass enclosed room with full beach views. There the salesperson excused herself. I told my wife "here come the closer" and yes he arrived with a full smiling handshake. After he said "my name is George" I said "yes the closer". He was pissed, made a few comments and signed over to the check out guy.

We knew going in we would not buy but the razzle-dazzle and misleading statements is mind blowing. Our girl told us her cubicle was an investment of over 26,000 in new tech stuff 50" tv on the wall and one embedded in the desk. However when it came time to get to the nitty gritty she pulled out several sheet protectors with computer paper & pencil notes on them. Numbers, lines, arrows, redirection/misdirection, numbers scratched out lower number in its place, percents, etc. Einstein could not follow all she was saying, which was what they wanted.

We have a local car dealer and he ends all his commercials with this line. "Once you experience it, you will never forget it". That about sums it up for me and mind, never again. By the way my phone has not stopped ringing since returning home with travel offers. I guess "Hilton" allows them to sell info. Hilton has devalued the brand and tarnished the name but I guess the money they make is greater importance than the customers they currently have.

I sent my daughter and her boyfriend, they were both in their young twenties at the time, not hardly adults, to Hilton Grand Vacations Tuscany Village three years ago as a present father to daughter. Although they enjoyed the resort and the location, they got suckered by the timeshare department and their sales people who we know are one step below used car salesmen and swindled into signing a $20,000 contract with almost $1,000 yearly maintenance fee that they could ill-afford. My poor daughter who was too embarrassed at the time to tell me and has since broken up with her boyfriend who was also on the contract, brought this to light. In 3 years, these people have done nothing but take their money and had no concern for the lack of service or value which these kids were getting, which was none.

Hilton Vacations have stolen, in my opinion, over $10,000 from these kids who are still struggling with low-paying jobs and can barely afford the rent at home. I have been trying to resolve this question. I got the usual push-off and excuses, common to sleaze-ball operations, to discourage such inquiries. I first spoke with a Ludmila **, who passed me off to a supposed supervisor (who was actually just another **) named Monique **. These people are well-versed and trained to put people off and not answer their questions, obviously indicating that this comes up often. The supervisor for them, a Dawna **, was conveniently unavailable at the time. I would seriously recommend to all owners to BEWARE when trying to give a present to your kids through Hilton Grand Vacation and the trouble that they can get into!!! I will continue posting this everywhere I can think of to warn other victims in the future of this organization!!!!

We stayed at one of the HGVC properties in Orlando and attended a presentation. Our "salesperson - Brian" was very personable and not high pressure. When we said we were not interested he did the usual and had his team come in for the kill and try to close. We left saying we would think about it. I wish we ran like our instincts told us!!! If anyone is reading this TODAY --- RUN! It is the biggest waste of your vacation dollars. We travel frequently so Brian said this Club would be perfect! There are CASH options, Tons of resorts to choose from AND you can book last minute BECAUSE he knew that's how we travel.

We foolishly signed up for 3400 points at a rate of $234.00 monthly with a $1200.00 yearly maintenance fee (makes me sick) in October 2016. Every time we have free time to travel and a location in mind: A. there is no Resort located there or B. no availability or C. the Resort looks like a 50' style apartment complex. Now mind you -- I only wanted to go to Savannah, GA or perhaps Charleston, SC or the Florida Keys. We have traveled extensively worldwide and like 4-5 star accommodations and made that clear plus we can't book 9 months in advance. They do not care. HGVC is in business to take your money and yes, offer you nice accommodations if you want to stay a week in Orlando (I live in FL) or Vegas. And if you take notice -- 28 locations in Japan out of roughly 113 resorts.

I wish we could just stop paying the monthly fees which have been so far about $3042.00 + the $1200.00 maintenance fees AND we haven't had a vacation with HILTON!!! I despise this company! DO NOT GO THERE! DO NOT LISTEN TO THEIR SPIEL!!! RUN!!! We could have gone to the Amalfi Coast which was my plan this summer but we wasted - tossed the money out of the window this year. I wish we could get a class action suit against them. I feel like they misrepresented their product. I'm an idiot for signing the damn contract.

Against better judgement I agreed to purchase a 4day/3night stay at Hilton Grand Vacations Resort in Las Vegas. Was told that I had 1 year to travel. What was not clear was that I only had 45 days to book the trip. After 45 days, another charge was made to my credit card. When I called customer service, they defended their process and told me 'you gave us your credit card', which only angered me further. Think twice before doing 'business' with this shady, misleading group.

I went to the Hilton Elara a couple of years ago and decided to give them another try since I couldn't find rooms in Las Vegas for the days I wanted to stay in Vegas. The reason I was disappointed last time is because I went back up to my room in the daytime in order to meet with a friend for an hour. I left after this hour and took down the privacy sign so that housekeeping would get a chance to clean my room. When I returned around five PM there was a message from the cleaning staff to call them when my room is available for them to clean. This must have been right after I left since the room was cleaned by housekeeping.

This time I didn't get my room cleaned at all the first day. This morning I wasn't feeling well after breakfast and went up to my room to lay down. I displayed the privacy sign and awoke to someone in my room. It turned out to be housekeeping cleaning my room. I realize that a "privacy" sign doesn't guarantee privacy but still I am shocked housekeeping would just barge into a room where a guest requested privacy. There were no knocks at my door or phone calls, she just walked in as I was laying down! I should have used the deadbolts like I normally do but forgot. Earlier in the day I overheard someone from housekeeping telling someone to switch their privacy sign since they were leaving their room even though they told her that they intended to return to their room after breakfast. It seems housekeeping is overly aggressive and even rude to guests.

The rooms are beautiful and the bar is nice but housekeeping is the reason I will avoid staying at the Elara even though I'm an HHonors member. It doesn't help that the strip is inaccessible through the Miracle Mile Mall and they have no on-site restaurant. They also charge $9.95 for wireless access which you will probably need to use since cellular and wireless signals don't seem to work from the hotel rooms.

The sales pitch promises many uses of the club and affiliated properties which are just not true after three years of trying to book properties and hotels. The room rate per night after fees and taxes for the year is over $300 per night. Using any other vacation lodging facilities would be cheaper. This is NOT what the sales pitch states. The property is also basically worthless when you walk out the door with it. It is not an asset to be passed to heirs. Another lie by HGVC. A $24,000 purchase isn't worth $1,000 the day after you purchase it. This should be illegal.

We went to Hilton Myrtle Beach, after I was persuaded to give it a try. We decided to accept for two reasons: One, we were looking at a second property in the Myrtle Beach area. Second, when I stressed I was not looking for a Time Share but a personal property the representative indicated that this was a good way to see what Hilton has to offer. We were told that there would be no pressure to buy a Time Share. Hilton would not do anything to jeopardize your business, After showing pressure was horrendous, they were upset that we didn’t buy, and we were even left sitting at a table for nearly an hour. We had to go get someone to receive our Free Night Certificate.

We used the certificate to spend a night at the Hilton figuring we were already in the area. When we sent it in it was denied because it needed to be sent in 30 days after your stay. This is located in very small print at the bottom. At the top of the page it states “Offer Expires six months from personal review”. When I called Hilton they pointed it out. When asked to speak with a supervisor they transferred me to someone who spoke no English. I almost think they were doing it on purpose just because of the way it all played out. The stupidity of it all is that we were considering purchasing a Hilton Property that was adjacent to where we stayed after speaking with a couple we met. Maybe this was a wake-up call for us. We now believe Hilton is a terrible company and would not consider doing business with them. It really is sad that the Hilton name is associated with such tactics.

In the age of airb&B HGVC club represents very little value. The selection is incredibly limited but the meager set is reduced to tiny as soon as you try and book anything. They have way too many places in Sanibel Florida but even those are very hard to book. The RCI option seems like a savior but again it is window dressing. I am looking at 2 weeks in Italy for June 17 and of the 29 units that are shown on the website, 3 are available. Of these 1 is awful (Sestriere) as I stayed there last June. There is very little in the rest of Europe. One of my worst life decisions was to join the club and will now try selling but not optimistic.

The other thing to consider are the yearly fees that usually average 1000 per year. Now I just booked a great place in Chamonix for next June thru airb&B (of course the club has nothing nearby) for 600 USD. So your yearly fee goes a long way with AIRB&B and the choice is a lightyears more. Yes the HGVC properties are beautiful but the choice and availability is so limited that hang up when they call as they have some great sales people who walk the line on misrepresenting (no mention of the above).

When we agreed to come to the Hilton Grand in Las Vegas we were very curious to see what they would have to offer. After all, we were told we'd receive a three night stay and all we'd have to do is listen to a presentation. We do both personal/leisure travel and work/business travel, so we wanted to see if what was being offered made sense for us in our situation. It ended up not being a good fit for us, but the experience we had was one of professional sales people and respectful treatment.

The presentation began with us meeting Melissa, our "Vacation Counselor (VC)" who was very pleasant and friendly--as one might expect a sales person to be. We were led into a room where there were about 8 potential buyers, each with a VC sitting with them. Sean took over the room and guided us through a very professional and thought-provoking presentation, complete with several personal stories and pictures about his family. Other than a stereotypical assumption about men being "workaholics" (as opposed to women), I thought he did an excellent job of making the preliminary case for buying. He used many standard persuasive speaking strategies and I can see why he is in the job/position that he is.

Following the initial 30 minute group presentation we were then escorted to a cubicle area where we spent the next 45 minutes or so interacting with Melissa. This is where we had a very good exchange/conversation discussing our particular travel needs and lifestyle. Melissa was very professional and listened to our situation. She took us through several potential travel scenarios that we offered up as examples of the type of travel we do regularly, and as we went along it became clear that what she was "selling" was not a great fit for us. She certainly made every effort to see how the program, with all its options and iterations, could work for us.

Toward the end she went and got who I would refer to as her "closer" Andrew. They both clearly knew that we were not a good fit for what they were offering, or at least they knew that our perception was such that it was not a good fit; however, they very professionally and politely went through what they needed to. Andrew then left and we wrapped up with Melissa. We did indicate to her (genuinely) that there is at least one person we think who would likely be interested in at least hearing about the program, due to that person's travel needs and lifestyle. We will be passing along Melissa's contact information and perhaps something will come of it. Following the meeting with Melissa we were walked over to a counter where the "refund" was explained to us, and we were given a "voucher" for a future visit to a Hilton.

In the end, when our credit card gets refunded, our stay will end up costing us $1, not including the travel costs to get here. Here is my bottom line: I believe this program is a good fit for some folks and not a good fit for others, just like any "program"--gym membership, travel club, multi-level marketing company, etc. The key is to go in with your "eyes wide open", realize you will receive a very carefully targeted and professionally prepared persuasive "sales pitch", and in the end make a decision if it's a good fit for your travel needs and lifestyle. They know what they're doing with how they've anticipated just about every objection, and they very effectively address these objections using "inoculation techniques"--they bring up the objection before you have a chance to and they have an answer for it.

Be prepared to be "sold to" in a very smooth way--these are professional sales people who know what they're doing. Our experience was NOT one of "high pressure sales", but perhaps others have had different experiences. In the end I enjoyed the experience very much, and Melissa was very professional. Should our travel needs change we would definitely consider contacting Melissa again to see what could be worked out for us.

If you get a call from HGV hang up and change your number! As I've been reading other people's experiences with these cutthroats it sounds all too familiar. We've had this garbage for 3 years now and haven't been able to use it once, nothing available on those dates, booked too late etc. We had the same sales pitch as everyone else, "this will be perfect for you, a wise investment". Then they invite us back for a owner's update which turns out to be another sales pitch which we held our ground after asking why what we had purchased in the first place that was so perfect for us is now just useless unless we purchase more time.

We are done not going to pay anymore fees for maintenance or to carry over our points, any of it. I looked on eBay and I've seen properties in the same building as we own in with bids starting at $3.00 and not moving up in price. We have decided to cut our losses since it is paid in full and let the county take for back taxes but they might not even want it. Like I said just hang up if you hear this is HGV on your phone.

We went to Hilton Myrtle Beach, after I fell for a very pushy caller who promised me a FREE night stay and 15,000 points for my HHonors account. I received 2 follow up emails that also confirmed the FREE night. Once we checked in on Tuesday, we were told the hotel was closing on Thursday, the day before we were supposed to check out due to Andrew. Our sales presentation was cancelled for the next day, Wednesday. It was calm, sunny weather; so we spent Wednesday on the beach instead. I was told at the front desk that Hilton Grand Vacations would be calling us to follow up. No call was ever received.

I had to call them this morning, and was told "at no time was I ever promised a free night stay". I forwarded the email to her that said I was offered it. She said she asked her supervisor, and that there was no record of the first caller promising me a FREE night stay, so they would not honor it. Horrible company; don't do business with them. Hilton should break ties with them too; this makes me think less of Hilton.

I paid approximately $250 for the 4day/3night package in Myrtle Beach at the Resort of "my choice", with 10 properties to choose from. The sales people have called numerous times trying to get me to schedule a date because "they are booking up quickly". I called Oct 13th to book my stay for March, 2017. According to the rep I spoke with, the only property available is the Carolinian, not to be mistaken with the Carolina Resort. After a quick search on the internet to scope out the Carolinian, I can get a room for $57/night. He said that rooms at other properties would become available in Nov. We'll see... but based on other reviews I seriously doubt it. If we are able to book a different property and are happy with the visit, I will give a positive review. Otherwise, I'll let you know what happens in Nov. This has SCAM written all over it.

Paid $250 for a room upgrade at the Pacific Grand Palisades in Carlsbad. Tried to check in early and it apparently took 8 hours to clean the room. We got in 15 mins before check in. Hated the room. The beds were the hardest things I've ever slept on. Toilet loudly ran all night. Asked for a late checkout. Only offers a whole 30 mins and each additional 30 mins we would be charged $25 more. We were forced to do the timeshare presentation regardless of the fact we did not want to buy. They would charge us another $250 if we didn't. They then proceeded to purposely take 3 groups ahead of us though we arrived prior to them. So my 4 children had to sit and wait while we completed this and were starving until then. Long story short it's not worth it. Just stay somewhere else!!!

Hilton offers these short stays to owners of their resorts to look at a new resort and sell you more timeshare points. My recent stay at their new facility in Myrtle Beach was not very favorable. First they cut one day off the normal stay time for these offers. That did not leave you much time to enjoy the resort. You check in after 3pm, the next day you spend a couple of hours hearing about the resort. And the next morning you leave by 10am. With the talk you did not even have a full day to spend there. The place is located in a very tight spot with grounds not decorated well. This is very unusual for this vacation club. They charged for parking where all other resorts have free parking. They are located in a bad section of the island; looked very rundown. They had no restaurant and their store was inadequate. The grocery store nearby was old, dirty and inadequate. The pool area was too small and not pretty. They also had music too loud.

The condo facility was not the quality I am used to getting at a Hilton Vacation Club resort. The furniture was cheap looking, and the walls were not even decorated well. Night time lighting was terrible. One of my other complaints is they always give you a deal for sitting through the sales pitch. They gave a stupid cheap umbrella. There were no discount too given for amusement or restaurants and that was unusual. To get a luggage cart you had to wait over one hour. It appeared they only had two. The kitchen in your condo was not equipped well. There were no placemats, salt and pepper, and many missing cooking and serving dishes. Also the number of glasses and dishes was very low. I would never stay at this resort again. If this is the direction the company is going with their resorts then they have ruined their concept and cheapened a resort that was once at the top.

Lastly, I am very dissatisfied with the exchange organization they use, RPI. Most companies are now using Intropol which was all high end resorts for exchange. When you make an exchange with RPI you do not get anything near the quality of your resort. The last three exchanges have been very disappointing. I ended up leaving each one father a few nights they were so bad.

RCI has slipped and Hilton is going down so I guess the two are hand in hand. When you consider the thousands you pay to purchase in Hilton and the annual maintenance of over $1000 a year, you are not getting a good exchange with RCI. It is time they offer you a chance to join the other exchange company. During my recent sales pitch I learned only 3% of the owners exchange with RCI. That should tell you right there that the RCI exchange is not worth it. But you can never get your money out of buying these resorts so at least a better exchange program would improve it.

I have been a loyal Hilton customer for years. This brand completely tarnishes the reputation of Hilton. I purchased my timeshare one year ago. Trying to book a trip is impossible. I have been on six trips in the past year and couldn't use HGVC or RCI for the locations I visited. DO NOT BUY THIS TIMESHARE!

I will give you the scoop as I see it. First, don't expect something for nothing. The accommodations were 2 star hotel. Fortunately, I did not have to travel far to get to it. The sales pitch was what I expected, all the pluses as to why you should buy a timeshare, and they were very convincing. The atmosphere, was very pleasant, ocean front view with about 15 other parties getting the same rap. Now I understand why this is performed in September, all the kids are in school and all the seniors become the targets of situational sales pitch.

After purchasing the standard share (15K), we spent the night reviewing online consumer affairs and other gripe sites and came to the conclusion that most likely the ability to obtain a week using your point without fees are small. Nice to have things online but if the service isn't there then why be a club member. The best value is to use the club and have a reduced rate for the nice room. I think this would work out only if the prices remain reduced.

We decided to print the letter in the hotel to stop the contract, and delivered it to the sales reps the next day. Nothing wrong with buyers remorse!! They were professional at all times. They even pointed me to the nearest post office where I sent my letter to the given address via certified mail. Apparently, the post office officer gets lots of business and is very helpful knowing that you are another one to send a certified letter. Overall a bad experience only because the accommodations were poor and entering realville when it comes to need to having a timeshare.

We bought a timeshare with HGVC for 1 1/2 years ago. The attraction was 100% the promise "you can stay at any HGV location for one week anywhere in the world with easy booking and availability". So far we have been unable to book anywhere we actually want to go. With annual maintenance fees, booking fees and rollover points fees, we spent $2400, over the actual purchase cost, for 6 nights in Myrtle Beach! Resale is not an option. A call to the "resale dept." got only a message to leave an email address and they claim they will get back in touch within 21 days. After contacting attorneys and companies that can get you out - for $2500 or more, I learned what legal robbery really is - the timeshare industry. Do not be fooled by the reputation of Hilton. They will steal you blind.

Hilton has always upfront and honest with us in a world of sharks (we own with another company as well). We feel like the timeshare "forces" us to take vacations that we normally wouldn't take. I cannot put a dollar value on the memories. Sure we could get a hotel room, but then we are busy running out to eat and spending more money. The full kitchens and laundry in our rooms allows us to relax much more. Everyone's situation is different. I see people complaining about a 3d/2n vacation for $159 at a Hilton property. Really? Something to think about.

If you are on this site you have no doubt travelled through the parched and barren desert that is known as Hilton Grand Vacations Club. To be frank, the only sure way to be shed of this abominable millstone around the neck of you and your family is to graciously walk away with your head bowed admitting defeat. But, you do not walk away defeated forever.

No, with Hilton Grand Vacations BEHIND you there will be a hopeful future for you and your family; no more awful website to try and book a reservation with vernacular that you can never understand like "open season," "home week," "conversion fee," etc.; no more conversations on the phone with persons who while sweet and certainly friendly to pets and other creatures cannot speak clearly nor succinctly; no more hidden fees to convert what you already own to a hotel reservation; no more calls from "Marcus" or "Melody" asking you to pay $159 for a "free" weekend to see the new property that you will never ever go to otherwise; no more clenched fists of rage when you call about resale inquiry and are told your message will be returned "in 21 business days" - Sweet Mary Mother of Our Lord who does business like this?!

Hilton Grand Vacation club, that's who. I would encourage you to call Dwayne ** who's title at Hilton is "Brand Champion." Or you can email him at **. Perhaps he would benefit from these anecdotes about how the Hilton "brand" is taking some hits with the pernicious business practices that are being perpetuated in the Hilton name. As has been suggested in the thread "Class Action" is a good idea, but in all honesty I don't have any more energy to commit to Hilton. It's all been used up while on "hold."

Hilton Grand Vacations Company Profile