Hilton Grand Vacations

Compare Travel Agencies

Research top Travel Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Save yourself the time and hassle of what looks like a great deal. The high-pressure marketing of this company will drive you insane. They will call your home number, your cell phone, any phone number they have on file from any of your stays to throw high-pressure sales at you. We've received more than one call a day, at times for four days in a row. Numerous attempts and asking nicely to be removed from their call list did not work. It took an FCC complaint to get them to stop contact us.

At the Hilton GI in Albuquerque, NM I received a receipt for 213.02 and was billed to my bank account 243.97. When I called about it I talked to the Assistant Manager and she said the difference was an incidental bill that is posted at the front desk. I think that is fraud that I was not advised of this by the clerk at the front desk who gave me the paid bill. Never again will I darken the doors of that hotel.

When they called they said there were no restrictions on which hotel I selected as well as no black out dates. When I made my selection, they said that date was not available. I then asked what dates were available, and they said no dates were available. I then agreed to stay in a lower rated hotel, only to be told that I had to attend their meeting on a specific date and time yet to be determined. I told that our meeting needed to be flexible, and they said I would have to attend whatever date and time they told us, or we would have to pay full price! I requested a refund and was told the purchase is non-refundable! STAY VERY FAR AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE! THIS IS A SCAM!!!

Nearly impossible to use. At the sales meeting I was very clear about how my family and I like to travel. We like to be within driving distance of NYC and I even gave them our favorite locations. They said it would be perfect. So far we have not been able to book anything without using all our points on 3 or 4 nights in a hotel. They flat out lied and said what I wanted to hear to make a sale. I guess I expected more from Hilton. I was a Hilton point traveler and now until I can somehow rid myself of this burden. I will recommend all to avoid Hilton.

We attended their tours in Las Vegas. The salesladies Kimmie and Korina were bluffing through their teeth. We had done our homework prior to attending the tour. We are aware of the resale value of Hilton timeshare; you would be lucky if you could recoup 20% of what you paid for. Most owners had to give away their units, literally, just to get out the contract. So these 2 salesladies were saying things like: "Hilton timeshare increase in value every year by $10k, you can't buy these units for these prices we are giving you if you were to come back next year, the bonus points you are offered are worth at least $50k in value, you have made history!"

Anyhow, our advice is do your due diligence before you go to any timeshare presentations/tours. All timeshares tours are the same: high pressure, deceptive selling. The resale value of timeshare is the equivalent of an automobile vehicle. You use it, the value depreciates. Whether it is Hilton or Marriott or Wyndham or Welk's or Diamond's or Hyatt or Ritz-Carlton, all timeshares lose value over time just as a car does. If you really want to buy a timeshare, buy it direct from an owner through sellmytimesharenow.com. You are not only helping owners who are trying to get out of timeshares, you are also preventing those hotel/resorts companies from continuing their deceptive selling.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

My 88 year old father had a cardiac event and is now requiring additional testing, treatment and possibly surgery. Our vacation package is scheduled for arrival on May 11th and I called Customer Service as soon as I realized we would not be able to make the trip so that I could reschedule due to my father's medical issues. I was told I would have to pay $120.00 to cancel or change the reservation even though it was due to a medical emergency. I am very disappointed and upset that I am being charged this amount, especially since the rebooking is due to a serious health issue. It makes me seriously question whether I want to do business with a company that is so callous towards the needs of their guests, especially guest who are potential buyers. I could understand if I was arbitrarily changing the dates, but since it's due to a medical issue for which I offered to provide documentation, I feel a waiver of the fee or a more reasonable fee would be warranted.

Extremely dissatisfied. The Hilton sales agent misrepresented the benefits of buying a Hilton Grand Vacations Timeshare. The RCI program for discounted travel (the reason I considered and purchased my Timeshare) proved to be unusable after 5 attempts to book a discounted vacation. I was able to book the same vacation property I was denied using the RCI program at the same price as a non RCI customer with no difficulty. Availability using the RCI travel program proved nonexistent. Hilton Grand Vacations proved to have little to no market value contrary to the sales agent's claims.

I hired a firm to me get out of the Timeshare lease at a cost of $4,500. The Timeshare was sold by them on eBay for $35.00. I paid $18,000 for the Timeshare. I was so disgruntled I never took a single Timeshare vacation and will forever blame myself for my stupidity in buying a Timeshare and for believing the information the sales agent presented as the benefits of owning a Timeshare. It is one huge rip-off. There are companies that have the sole business of getting Timeshare owners out of their Timeshare agreement. My feelings are that once you are a Timeshare owner you are locked into the contractual agreement forever, and that the value of your ownership is nearly nonexistent in the open market if you decide to sell or marked your ownership at a later date.

Will keep it relatively short. Usually stay at Marriott properties but got talked into a Hilton Grand Vacations club stay with required sales pitch when exploring well located 3-4 star hotels in west midtown Manhattan. When making the reservation, I was asked if I would like to hear a vacation package that Hilton was offering to all of their Hilton rewards members, no matter what the level. Sounded good so I stayed on the phone and listened to the entire presentation. I knew it involved a sales pitch for timeshares, but I was actually interested in the process even though I was not enthusiastic about buying. Ended up staying at a Hilton property that was on my shortlist anyway, the Central Park South Hilton Garden Inn, which I admit is a very nice property and treated us very well. Research done after our stay revealed we paid top dollar for that room. I was expecting at least a small discount, whatever!

The meeting with the Hilton grand vacations club salespeople was an entirely different matter. It is amusing to me the similarities experience by others no matter what the location. Our salesman and his initial cohort, which I did not see again, claimed to be from the same area in Pennsylvania as my wife and I. What an amazing coincidence! I can honestly say I did go in with an open mind, despite my disdain for timeshares. My wife and I have more time to travel so I wanted to see what Hilton grand vacations had to offer.

Several of the properties shown during the video presentation, including Mexico and South Florida, are known to me and are nowhere as nice as depicted on the screen. Our salesman kept dropping names of individuals who have purchased timeshares from him, like I care. I felt like saying, that even though I do have some money, I did not recently sell a chain of jewelry stores, as he described one of his customers. His thinking was that we probably would feel that we elevated our social position by buying into the grand vacations club as did those individuals.

When I finally informed him that I am a rather hesitant person and could not "earn his business today", he promptly scowled and disappeared without a thank you or an FYou and was replaced by a very nice ** gentleman who is obviously his boss. This person attempted to squeeze $1700 out of us to "hold" a VIP status and ensure 7000 points for a stay in New York within one year. I told him in any event I'm not placing any money down today, at which point he abruptly left the table and told us he would meet us downstairs. We never saw him again or our original salesperson and wandered to the exit table on our own where we received our special gift, a 3 to 4 night Bahamas cruise. Further inspection of this gift provides you with the worst cabin unless you're willing to give an extra $500 or more to "upgrade".

I highly doubt I will be using this cruise after this experience as I will give Hilton grand vacations none of my money. They should be ashamed of themselves for their high-pressure, low-brow tactics and their rude and dismissive behavior when you did not agree to lay down almost $40,000 to get even a base vacation package. This was two hours of my life that I will never get back. It got me to New York however to visit our daughter and that I feel was worth it. I felt however the need to shower after my interaction with these people, I will be calling Hilton grand vacations club to obtain the exact charge on my credit card, as I do not trust them with my credit card information.

It's probably never worth it but if you can get a good deal on a nice place and have to suffer through this two hour presentation, I would recommend that you considerate it. Be careful, however, because they are good at what they do and I can easily see many people agreeing to the deal they propose. With the two grifters that I dealt with, I wanted to asked him why, at their age, they are lowering themselves to rip off people selling timeshares. I realize the economy is bad but come on! It is not my place to judge them however. I feel sorry for those who buy in because by no calculation is it worth it. If you do go, relax at the accommodations which are usually nice, do not under any circumstances write them a check, and enjoy the rest of your stay. Good luck!

If Hilton Head Grand Vacation calls you hang up. First of all they promise you a stay at their new resort in Hilton Head at a discount price. In exchange you would have to listen to a 2 hr. sales pitch for the timeshare. Also they offer a 3-day cruise to the Bahamas. Liars. Instead they put you up in an old Hilton Garden Inn near Bluffton. Also If you read the fine print concerning the cruise, you may be charged extra. This is a switch and bait scam. I tried to cancel and they would not give my money back. These people are the scum of the earth. I am so mad that I fell for this scam. I can get a better deal if I booked these myself. Scam, Scam, Scam.

Misleading marketing department. I purchase a 4 day 3 night with Hilton Grand resorts and each time I tried to use it there were never any accommodations. Finally, I realized this wasn't going to work and requested a refund. Hilton refused to give me my money back stating my time had expired. if I wanted to reinstate it. I could pay an additional 30 dollars to reinstate it and use within three months.

I figured I would give the Hilton Grand Vacations "deal" a try. My work season is very busy during the summer, so my mom and I decided to get away to Vegas for a few days. When I booked the deal I paid a certain price for three nights/4 days. The sales reps or booking agents promise you this wonderful experience and all you have to do is attend a "no pressure" sales presentation. We stayed at the Trump International Hotel and the minute we came encounters with the hotel staff -

we were treated poorly. The customer service associate at the front desk was extremely annoyed by my questions. I was simply asking about wifi and a courtesy shuttle to some of the casinos. The room was far from nice. The carpets in the hallways were filthy and had a stench to them. There was no blankets on our and then we went back to the front desk and the same associate was rude when we asked for blankets.

There is no housekeeping and when we asked for more towels the front desk acted as if we were asking for some unreasonable. So the next day we were driven to the sales presentation and the greeter at that location was also rude. I had to repeat my last name several times because the employee could not get it straight. She proceeded to be rude to me. They give you a mini breakfast after you check and that was nice, The sales guy who was nice at first said, "Oh yeah this is no pressure- blah blah blah." I listened to his presentation and was not impressed with the product. You are shown a timeshare room and while it is nice. Again no big deal I was then insulted that I could not afford the timeshare when I politely declined. My mom and I were highly offended and advised the sales rep that I made a good living. The whole experience was downright daunting and I am glad it is over!

The person who contacted me as a Hilton Honors member offered a package deal which sounded very good but I did not know it included a timeshare pitch.

I wrongly assumed it was a tour of Hilton properties similar to Marriott properties. We sat through their 2 hour pitch which was professional and respectful. Door #1 and Door #2 were offered and when we declined to purchase, their closer offered Door #3 (VIP) which we declined and we were shown Door #4 which was the exit! The sales reps did their job but so did we! It's always important to read and hear what is not being said. They have their job and we always need to be prepared to do ours because the sale people are very good at what they do.

We stay at Hilton properties when we travel and will be contacting one of their corporate reps to tell them we were very unhappy that they sold our membership info to HGVC. If they do not respect their members, we will discontinue staying at any of their properties! We appreciate all the comments people have written.

Buyer beware should always be part of any financial decisions!

I called Hilton Grand Vacations. They offered me a 4 day 3-night stay in Orlando Florida... Before I purchased I asked if there where any fine print or any other thing I would have to do to get this discount. I was assured that I had nothing to do but make a reservation. Only after the customer service Rep. processed my card he sent the details of the vacation package. That is where I read the fine print that the customer service Rep intentionally lied about, after I asked him more than once. The fine print read that whomever is staying in hotel rooms would have to attend a 2-hour timeshare presentation.

The timeshare presentation was never mentioned and is not even located at hotel I was staying. If we did not attend this presentation you would be charged more than a 500.000 difference. I was more than unsatisfied with the customer service at Hilton. I even spoke with two managers that told me nothing could be done beside a refund that would take 5 business days. I will never book with Grand Hilton Vacations again.

My boyfriend and I went to Parc Soleil on a marketing promotion as we only paid $110 for 4 days in Orlando. The gentleman who offered us the opportunity through the Hilton Grand Vacation Club told us that this was an awesome chance for us to take advantage of their new properties and see their great offers so we decided to try it out. We got to the hotel and the check in staff was bizarrely curt rather than welcoming and it only got worse from there. We were told that we had to attend a presentation or we would be charged the regular nightly rate but when we asked about our date and time to meet for the presentation, we were told that there was no record of appointments in the system and to call customer service.

After going through all of that, we were finally given an appointment and it seems as if they would have been okay with us not attending and just paying 200 plus dollars per night. Our hotel room was fine as they gave us a one bedroom condo, however we were told that we would be facing the Disney fireworks and not for one night did we get to see them, the only thing we faced was an absolutely dirty construction field with truck who worked from early in the morning until the end of the day and they were quite noisy and when we asked for a change there was nothing available. There wasn't much to do in the resort and it wasn't as appealing as the pics.

They only have one restaurant that delivers to the room but they don't have any room service and the food and pricing is mediocre so we would always have to go out for every meal which was unlike what a resort should have available. Fast forwarding to the day of the presentation, we met the host as well as our personal tour guide and realtor Simon who was friendly but definitely eager to sell and had many stories that related to every rebuttal we gave. I think he even lied and said he wasn't married because we weren't and took his ring off and put it on a different finger granted the tan line on his wedding hand was right there. My bf told me that wasn't our concern but I'm a skeptic so all I could think was why lie? But anyways he was nice granted I should have known that was the beginning of many lies, including his age.

The pressure was intense and they had so many distractions that we actually began to consider purchasing because of the advantages. They took us on the tour, showed us all of these great rooms and amenities, and advised us of all of the Hilton promotions regarding RCI and their point system and how we would be able to go on a hundred trips a year without having to worry because there was always availability at hotels and we would be considered VIP owners and have a full concierge at our disposal so that even when we ran out of points we would still have all of these other amazing promotions to take advantage of from cruises to yachts to RVs to so many different things that we could use at a discounted rate as owners with Hilton.

We actually began to fall in love with the idea and decided to put a down payment to hold the price for a few days and we would think about it and if we were seriously interested, we could call them and they would go ahead and process the remainder of the down payment as we had 10 days to cancel. The remainder of our stay was fine and we decided to complete the down payment but we wanted to use a different card and they advised this that it would be no problem to refund the initial card that we paid with and put the full amount on the 2nd card. They tried to take BOTH and after we saw a refund on our initial payment, two days later we saw another payment withdrawn. Prior to making that official down payment while they were waiting for us to consider, they were super attentive and calling us every day and our realtor was texting us every few hours checking in on our thoughts and the status of our decision.

Upon making that payment, everything changed and if we had any questions the only thing that we were told was not to worry and things would be handled so on the 9th day within our cancellation window we contacted Sheila who processes the payments and advised her that we still hadn't received the refund that we were promised as they overcharged us and she was absolutely rude and advised us to proceed to file an investigation with our credit card company as she didn't know what we were talking about and she hung up on us. By this time I would say that we had been in touch with three different people in their staff and though they had all been extremely attentive prior to our payment processing, communication was nowhere to be found once we tried to reach them regarding a refund or possible cancellation.

We proceeded to read over our contract thoroughly and realized that we would have to mail something in order for it to be processed and legally accepted as a request for a refund within the allowed time frame but what's unfortunate is Sheila she lied to us and stated that we can send a document via email or fax and that suffice.

We sent out an email to everyone about 5 times and had been attempting to reach them since 11 am and didn't get a response from anyone until 4:50 pm and the only person who contacted us was Javier who initially completed our contract with us who was extremely aggressive and rude which an absolute contradiction from his initial demeanor when we first met. He stated that emails wouldn't work even though his colleague Sheila said that would be more than enough but thankfully we read the contract and we realized that as long as the letter was sent via USPS mail prior to the end of the refund window we would be safe so we advised him of that and he even made up a lie saying that we had to sign the letters even though nowhere in the contract stated that. We realized that these people were absolutely fraudulent and are so glad we got out in time. PLEASE GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN.

What's the worst is my boyfriend read these reviews and he never told me about them because he said he was optimistic due to the treatment we had received prior to making the payment and I only began to research after they became unprofessional and I'm so grateful I saw these reviews and got out in time. The absolute worst and most disgusting part of this process was that our realtor Simon who was super attentive and said that he would always advocate on our behalf was nowhere to be found for the entire day and it's only after we spoke with Javier and confirmed our cancellation did he send a text stating that he was in the hospital with his grandfather in a different part of the state but not to worry that he would have our membership fixed first thing in the morning and that we didn't need to cancel, he didn't ask us our opinion but he felt as if he had the right to override our request.

Once we advised all parties that we had already been in contact with attorneys, they stop speaking and proceeded to tell us that we would be out of the contract, it seems as if they've been through this before and they're very much aware of what they're doing to people and how they're taking advantage. I don't believe our realtor was anywhere but in that office with his staff all day waiting to see how they could scam us into staying and how they could go about denying our request for refund. Simon, Javier, and Shiela were absolutely nightmares to deal with and I believe they all work together to lie to people about HGVC. THEY SHOULD NOT EVEN REPRESENT HILTON.

We have 7000 points yearly and no matter what resort we try to make a reservation at there is never any availability. It is ridiculous for the amount of money we paid to own into this timeshare. There is always this time frame and if you don't plan your life around that you can almost forget about taking a vacation because there is no availability. Yet we can go on any traveling website like Travelocity and get a vacation at the same Hilton resort for the same exact time as long as we pay.

This is really aggravating because here we are paying all this money every month, maintenance fees and money to carry the points over if they are not used and we cannot get a reservation but other people can go on Travelocity and get a reservation for next week and I have to make one 6, 9, or whatever time frame the rules state. Truly is unfair and to all of the people who cannot plan all their vacations half a year ahead or because life happens and you may need to make plans at the last minute and with this timeshare that is not possible. Really and truly unfair. They made it sound like vacations would be simple to plan. VERY UNHAPPY.

Hilton Grand Vacations sold me a small Vacation Package over the phone. It was about $200.00. Yes, there was an expiration date and they told me I could call in and extend the date. I did so once. Then, and yes this was my fault, I forgot to call in again and extend the contract at the right time. So they now say it has expired so my money is forfeit. So lesson learned by me, NEVER give money to Hilton! They will take it and give nothing in return! Short of the verbal agreement we entered into over the phone, most people would call this stealing!

First things first, I knew it was going to be a sales pitch but was actually interested to see how these things work and what the actual costs were. Maybe it'd be a good fit for us. The hotel (Elara in Vegas) was wonderful. The view was perfect! No complaints there. Now the sales staff. After the God-awful canned humor presentation, we get the tour and the pitch. Yadda-yadda-yadda, sounds great. All these "extras" to take advantage of, 1st class resorts, etc. Let's see what's available. Have to wait, and wait and wait for Kathy to come over with her little tablet.

Now going on 2.5 hours (told it was 90-120 minutes tops). Price was just not worth it, interest rate is over 14% on 10 year "mortgage". Plus annual maintenance fees. Said no, we can do better with various rewards programs and other discounts, not worth it for us." Now the obnoxious and rude part. Our salesperson and Kathy now start saying things like we can't afford trips we want (not true), we don't know what we're talking about when it comes to actual prices of vacations (also, not true) and that we will be wasting our money on any other trips we take (Um, no, you can't offer us what we prefer as far as settings).

Now trying to get in touch with "Nancy", a sales manager to discuss how poorly her sales staff handled us and how rude they became when we told them we would not be buying the timeshare but to no avail. Was promised a callback, didn't happen. Left 2 messages. Still nothing. So clearly not interested in feedback. Here's my advice. Take the package (make sure to get a supervisor when you buy-in and make sure you get a refund on the stay plus a free night to use afterwards), enjoy the weather and the view and don't be scammed. Not worth the money, especially based on reviews of others saying it is impossible to get desired dates and fees keep going up while re-sale value goes down.

This vacation club put us up in the DoubleTree hotel in Myrtle Beach SC. On one side of us was large dog barking on the other side and cat caterwauling and lastly up above planes flying overhead and preparing for landing. Absolutely the worst experience I have ever had. I tried to tell manager George ** about terrible accommodations and all he had to tell us was "We are a very successful vacation club and unfortunately you get what you get"... Really? Well you get a crappy review. Do NOT FALL PREY TO THIS SCAM... IT IS A BAIT AND SWITCH. RUN RUN RUN.

When we attended the presentation in November 2015, we were very impressed with what they said and the resort where we stayed, but we were in a transition period (retiring from the military) and were not ready to commit then. So we purchased their VIP program to freeze the price and come back and visit within 18 months. It was all downhill from there. We not only had difficulty using the points, it was one lie after another. We couldn't get the dates we wanted, the unit we wanted, couldn't book the remaining points until we were done with the first trip. We were told our trip had been extended; it hadn't! We complained and each person would say they would fix it, and they never followed through!

Ultimately, we wish we had never paid the $1700 for the VIP program, but are so grateful we didn't buy the full vacation club. Our $1700 was supposed to have given us a week in a 2 BR, but they would only let us have 3 nights (the minimum) in a 2 BR and then 3 nights in a 1 BR, and then wouldn't address our concerns when we went for our presentation. They also didn't have our contract or our original price, and kept quoting us higher amounts, acting like it was such a deal! While the units are nice, don't be fooled!!! I told HGV during our presentation, their failure to address our concerns cost them what should have been an easy sale. Glad we tested them first!

My wife and I have been owners with Hilton for over 11 years. After reading some of these reviews, I thought I would give my 2 cents about our ownership experience. We made our first purchase in 2005 on a promotional package to Las Vegas, and we have upgraded twice since our original purchase. We have thoroughly enjoyed our ownership with Hilton. Owning with Hilton has allowed us to take amazing vacations to Hawaii, Orlando, Breckenridge, Aspen, Vail, Key West, New York City, Napa, Jamaica, The Bahamas, Paris, London, Amsterdam, Peru, Alaska, Steamboat Springs, Daytona Beach, Washington DC, Park City. We even used the club to book a Disney Cruise.

I really don't understand some of the complaints on this website. We have stayed mainly at Hilton properties with our ownership because we love the quality and customer service that Hilton provides. With that being said, we have also booked several properties with RCI and was pleasantly surprised with those resorts as well. I highly recommend Hilton Grand Vacations Club, but only if you want to take some really nice vacations.

No kitchen, no breakfast, horrible service and god know if you need receipts to be sent it to you via email you will be transferred million times to clueless people. Guys, Vegas is huge. Reserve any other hotel.

Despite their "no pressure" it's 2.5 hours in the pressure cooker even though they do it in a seemingly friendly way. They jumped on my spouse's wanting to do this and it made it harder for me to just walk away. After completing this round, somebody else comes in and tries to sell 5 nights for $1800 total with $297 down which after 7 days becomes nonrefundable. I didn't read the fine print and lost that. I canceled before the next installment came out but they took it anyway and then after I proved it to them that I had canceled before they took the dough, they tell me that I will get the refund in 6 to 8 weeks.

They're just out for one thing, sales. They're a well oiled machine with everybody highly trained and oriented towards that. Never again will I attend anything like that. Last time was in North Carolina 30 years ago and I thought that was bad. Also I paid more for the 2 nights in the mini hotel room than I would of paid somewhere else. Only good thing out of it was good old NY City!

We went to the timeshare presentation and it was HORRIBLE. First of all, their marketing materials which say "No pressure sales" is a complete and total lie. I have never felt so pressured in my life. Luckily, I'm good at saying no, and while the sales agents demeaned me, my wife and our decision-process, I didn't feel bad at turning them down. First of all, these timeshares are total crap. They are a waste of money, prevent choice, are not an investment, and are a way to get locked into mediocre properties in mediocre locations. I would absolutely never sign up for this, and this experience made me rethink my loyalty to staying at Hilton Hotels for work and pleasure.

My husband and I bought into the Hilton Grand Vacation Club. We were told by their salespeople that they do not have vacation clubs all over the world but their Partner RCI had resorts all over the world that were compatible and up to Hilton standards of five star resorts which is completely untrue. A lot of the RCI resorts have 2 to 3 stars. You can never book in their 5 star resorts because they are always full. The resort my husband and baked at Hilton Head Island, South Carolina was basically a long trailer divided up into section and named studio cottages. The one in front of the studio cottages had out houses which were shared people staying in those cottages. The inside was old run down and basically disgusting. I would not stay if it was given to me for free. The place is called The Village at Palmetto Dunes in Hilton Head South Carolina.

When I called HGVC complain we were that they had nothing to do with RCI properties and we should have done research on the property before staying there. The website showed a totally different picture and made it look amazing. As far as I am concerned that is considered FALSE ADVERTISING by HGVC. They are horrible people and they lie to you when they are trying to sell to you. I am thinking of suing them for false advertising and false marketing. They are stealing people's money and leading them to believe something that is not true.

My wife was trying to complete the reservation with the Hilton for one of their Hilton Garden Inns in Arlington, Virginia close to the National Cemetery for her brother's full military honors ceremony in December 2016. During the conversation, marketing offered one of their vacation packages for us, totally unsuspecting, my wife agreed and prepaid for a trip to Hilton Head Island, S.C. Almost immediately, the phone calls began two or three times per day. They kept asking us when we would book our reservation and date for the sales talk. We could not confirm a date for some time because of my wife's work schedule and the required approval by her management. When we finally gave these people dates well in advance, they told us those dates were not available.

The phone calls continued repeatedly. When I attempted to inquire about the facilities and the location, I was put on hold and then told that their system was currently no operating so they could not give any information. After repeated calls, I finally learned the location for the sales lecture was on Hilton Head Island and phase I of the property was completed October 2016. Going to Google, I was able to identify the site, some of which was obviously under construction. When I called again, I was informed that this property was not available and that they had booked us in the Hilton Garden Inn which was NOT on Hilton Head Island. This was no different than a bait and switch tactic.

After learning all of this, reading the horror stories in the reviews of HGV, I finally decided that this was unacceptable. When they called last week, I told them my disappointment with their program which resorted to pressure phone calls too numerous to quantify. They are a call center with one motivation and that is NOT to provide customers with a pleasant experience in making vacation plans. Their only interest is selling properties. We have requested a full credit for our prepaid reservation and are praying that this will be the end of this!

We purchased our membership 6 years ago for $24,000. Contacted HGVC to sell membership back just recently and was told it was now only worth $3500. What a ripoff!!! Can't believe they let the property depreciate/deteriorate that much in 6 short years. In addition we have had a terrible time trying to get reservations -- almost always the place we want to go is "no units available" at the time we want to go, even when we try to reserve months in advance. I strongly discourage joining the HGVC.

I am getting 2-3 calls from Hilton Grand Vacations daily... I can't get them to stop calling to sell me a timeshare. I have asked them to remove from their calling list but I am still getting calls. I am on the do not call list and I have reported them to the FCC but the harassment continues! I would NEVER do business with these clowns.

Don't buy HGVC... WASTE OF MONEY! This was the worst investment ever. There are so many hidden fees! Maintenance fees and annual fees keep continually rising. Even a fee to make a reservation! Open season rentals more than doubled in price! I can't even give my ownership away, and now am sickened that I have indebted my heirs because the ownership doesn't die with me and my heirs continue to be responsible. You can rent nicer condos or stay in a 5 star hotel for less than what you pay to stay through HGVC ownership!

These people are LIARS!!! They are not representatives for HILTON and shouldn't have the Hilton name!!! They will lie just to make a sale and steal your hard earn money... I booked a trip for their Las Vegas property and explained to the rep that I could not pick a date without my husband and he assured me that I could change the date later as long as I did it well in advance outside the 14/15 day of travel to avoid a fee. Well I later cancelled the date 32 days before travel and was charged a $19.99 fee without anyone asking or informing me of this charge. When I called to refute the charge a very nasty lady responded that I was notified because it was documented... Really! As if she and her half handed con artists, I meant co-workers wouldn't lie.

I don't care what they documented. I know I wasn't told. I would have NEVER booked anything if there was a fee assessed, due to a change in plans. $20 isn't much but it is the principle!!! When I told them I would never travel with them she was very quick to ask "so you forfeit"? I told her they would never get anything else from me... Period!! Please take note, that means these unscrupulous, underhanded people are keeping the monies I originally paid to book the trip and the untold cancellation fee. STAY AWAY!!! If they call, HANG UP!!! Do yourself a favor don't entertain anything they say... This is why I do not trust TIMESHARES PERIOD... THEY ALL LIE!!! I thought it was safe because it said HILTON but NOT!!!! Hilton Resorts Corp located 6355 MetroWest Blvd Suite 180, Orlando FL 32835.

Hilton Grand Vacations Elara sits on a beautiful location with very nice rooms. These rooms come with expensive upgrades, including a nice sized jacuzzi bathtub and a 100+ inch drop-down projection screen. Our air condition was broken for two days in our room (as hot as 78 degrees in our room), and we called four times and wrote a request form to get it fixed. After it had finally been fixed after getting 4 different service men in our room, customer service apologized for the problem and sent up a cheap twist-off bottle of wine to apologize for the inconvenience, which was nice enough for us (though we would have preferred a discount on our room). If that was our only complaint, I would have given five stars. That being said, this is why I have only left one star.

My girlfriend and I were seriously contemplating a timeshare. I have been blessed with some financial savings and we always travel, which isn't cheap to do. The 2 hours we spent on the tour were enjoyable, entertaining, and we did not find ourselves concerned at any time about being tortured with a serious or vicious sales attempt. But, during the time that we met our lady whom I will not name, she did something that I know was a sales attempt now. She kept talking to my girlfriend about how beautiful she was and how if we moved to Las Vegas, (which we told her was our intentions in the next few months) that she would be able to find a job without any problems. She went on to tell my girlfriend that she knew people that are management at some high end hotels on the strip and that she would contact them about getting her a job, etc. etc...

All this time she is telling her how beautiful she is, being very sweet to her and acting genuinely concerned about her. Now, as someone with an understanding of how these sales go, I was taken aback by what I was seeing. At first though, I naively thought this sales woman was genuinely interested in helping my girlfriend and I. But, after her realizing that the timeshare proposal was just not in good timing for us, and that we weren't going to purchase just yet, the woman left our presence without saying a word. She did not thank us for coming in, she did not say anything. Someone else came to walk us out and we left...

It was a very disconcerting event, in which my girlfriend and I both felt completely conned by this con-artist. One who would go so low as to make you feel like family, then as soon as we were not useful to her, did away with us like we were nothing. I feel sincerely sorry for more naive people than us, that think that this Hilton Grand Vacations and its sales people are doing anything other than using you in any way possible, to sell you on a TIMESHARE.

This is my takeaway from our Hilton Grand Vacations Promotional Presentation. They're very good at what they do. They don't give a damn about anything but making the sale. They will do everything possible, remaining spineless in their attempt to do so. I have never been so pissed off at how low someone would go to try to make the sale (essentially stealing your money with pressure). They will talk you up, just to try to be as friendly as possible so you sign away 12,000+ dollars (READ THIS SEVERAL TIMES, 12,000.00 At Least). I feel sincerely happy for people that find this useful. I would have done it in the future, but not at this current time. I did not appreciate how my girlfriend was USED in this sales attempt, and believe it was awful how they ended this presentation. Give you the boot, and never say thanks for coming or anything. Very awful PR, abusive in nature at the very least.

Hilton Grand Vacations Company Profile