Hilton Grand Vacations

Hilton Grand Vacations

3.4/5 (577 ratings)

About Hilton Grand Vacations

Hilton Grand Vacations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

They have completely lied to us. Many of the selling points we were told were lies. For example, we were told that our maintenance fees Might increase by 1% annually but our last bill shows an increase of 8%. They said this new upgrade would give us the opportunity to book anywhere at any time with near certain availability. Unfortunately for us, we have never had any luck booking on our own terms. All of our stays have been through marketing offers where we are forced to sit through hours of high-pressure sales meetings with the expectation to spend an endless amount of money. They will continue to lie to keep you from cancelling too. There were many more lies but the main point is that the staff went out of their way to lie to us and trap us until we signed their scam of a contract.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2023

The Hilton Grand Vacations timeshare approach is that everyone should use their precious vacation time to relax, enjoy time together, and create family memories. I was sold on this idea. I loved that thought. I needed this for me and my children! Fast forward 5 years…we still have not been able to use the program, have experienced zero rewards, and still owe thousands of dollars for something we have never and most likely never get to use. The monthly cost and annual maintenance fees alone have prevented me from even attempting to book a vacation. Shame on Hilton for their high-pressure sales tactics, lies, intentionally leaving out key information, and their “same day” decision making policy. Timeshare is not for everyone. And certainly not for me.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

I have owned a timeshare for many years. Hilton recently purchased Diamond resorts. I went to book a room at Cabo Azul and was told the month of May was unavailable. Went on to Expedia and was able to book a room in May and the kicker it was cheaper than the maintenance fees I pay for the week. DO NOT BUY a timeshare from this company. Complete waste of money.

Dave

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

In late December 2022 I was approached at a Hilton property to purchase a vacation. So I purchased the one for Florida. Cost about 339 or so. I was told if I wanted to change locations/date, I had to pay 19 bucks. I thought I would give it a try. I was also told I would stay in a one bedroom suite. Well none of the above was true. I wanted to change the location - cost me an additional 150. So I called back to switch the location to Florida. Cost me 19 bucks and I got 121 back. Ok

Then I was placed in a regular one at a hotel. Not a resort with one bedroom accommodations. At this point I am just like let me get this over with. I shall return to leave a post after the torturous sales pitch. I am only in for 90 min and that is all! I don't plan on buying a thing.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

The problems I had with booking this are too numerous to mention. The customer service is terrible. They made promises that were false. They would not put me through to a supervisor either and made numerous mistakes booking this. They even denied I had a reservation for a tour date when I was looking at the confirmation in writing in front of me and would not allow me to forward the reservation confirmation to them. Make it your STAY AWAY FROM HILTON vacation.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

First, I must say their customer service stinks. I've been a member of Diamond Resorts since 2006, in September 2022, I attended an "Owners Update" in Virginia Beach VA. They are LIARS. I told these people that I was on Social Security Disability and I could only afford so much so I bought 4000 points because the 6000 points I had wasn't enough for me to do anything or go anywhere. They sold me on the fact that HGV Max was the best. A sell-back feature in 5 years, rolling points into Hilton Honors (Hotels), and best of all that I could go more places, bring my dog and that I could use my Hilton Honors Points to pay my maintenance fees.

However, in November 22, they said they sent my Statement out for 2023, which I didn't not receive. Charged my account $2632 for my maintenance fees. I've been paying $132/mo for my Diamond Resorts maintenance fees since 2016. I've never missed a payment and they adjusted my payment for inflation, cost of increases. I never had a problem. HGV Max took my maintenance fees of $132 on December 2022, but in January they did NOT. I was on vacation with my elderly parents that I care for and when I noticed that the fees didn't come out I started inquiring as to why.

I couldn't get into my account to review any financial statements (said there were none), tried to contact via "Contact Us" through my account in which an error occurred and still does and then I started calling on 1/17/23. It's an automated phone system, after pressing the appropriate prompts I was put on hold for greater than 15 minutes every day until 1/19/23. Still no maintenance fees came out of my account and no statements on my account. On 1/22/23, after being so concerned, I logged into my account and lo and behold there's a statement for November 2022, I'm past due $1,038 due immediately. I thought what this has to be a mistake. So I start calling and chatting to no avail.

I had a friend staying at one of their properties on the oceanfront so I texted the front desk and asked for the number HGV Max so that I could talk to someone immediately and they gave me the financial services number for club owners. I called and was on hold for 45 minutes all while chatting with someone who informed me that I didn't pay enough maintenance fees for 2023. I said absolutely not and he gave me the same Number. I said I was on hold with them and now it's 55 minutes. Someone picked up and they said they were transferring me to a financial counselor. Put on hold for another 25 minutes. I'm done.

First thing this morning I called down to the HGV max building where they conduct the sales presentations and left a message that I needed a call back immediately before I contacted my lawyer. Someone called me back and told me to call the financial services number which I did and sat on hold for 20 minutes. I've tried to contact them, send emails and nothing. Finally someone called me tonight to tell me after I explained all of this to her, she informs me "It's all in the contract you signed ". I said it says my maintenance fees will increase to $2433.20 for 2023. She said yes. I said, "It says no such thing." What it says is "Initial Use Year's Association standard Assessments (estimated), you will be billed $998". That's a big difference from $2632 that I was billed on 11/10/22. I had no statement, no notice, and now I'm expected to pay $1294 by 1/1/23.

My timeshare is useless because I specifically told the salesperson and the financial person that I could afford the $283/mo loan payment for the points but I couldn't afford anymore for my maintenance fees as I only make $2000/mo and I already have other bills... they could've said that the statement meant maintenance fees on that document but it did not and I'm not a lawyer to understand what that meant. So now my contract will go into default because I don't have enough money to make both payments every month. I screamed at the top of my lungs, put the $1038.18 payment on my Discover card which out that at the limit and I'll not be paying for this timeshare and filing bankruptcy.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Worse than worthless! We purchased a timeshare in Hawaii last February 2023. What a mistake!!! They presented us with a grand illusion. And now we are dealing with the aftermath. We suggest don’t do it.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Still waiting for my credit card to be credited. We attended a presentation on November 26, 2022, and signed a contract. On November 29, 2022, we sent a certified letter to HGV cancelling the contract. It was received on December 2, 2022. We have sent several letters since that time stating the same and there has been no response. I've tried calling but all you get is an automated message. We've complied with the guidelines to cancel the contract but HGV is refusing to credit my account.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

I bought this VIP package because I love Hilton Hotels and thought this was a great idea for vacation rentals for me and my children to enjoy. It had been stressful more than anything.

- HGV stopped taking payments out of my account and I noticed it and called. First person was rude and dismissive. 2 payments were missed. I asked to pay extra to catch up and it was refused. I asked about payment arrangements and HGV doesn't do that.

- There are no statements provided to manage accordingly and ensure that payments have been completed and updated balance. You have to keep checking your statements and that doesn't work.

- Payments resumed, but I will have to call in order to pay the remaining balance. Since I purchased in Feb 2022, I would have to pay the remaining 2 balances in full by March 1st. I explained me trying to get this resolved and was met with negative results. This led me to cancel my reservation for April 1st because the contract expires in August and I am still trying to catch up with my bills.

- The reservation itself was inadequate. Instead of having a 2 bedroom for myself and my kids, the only spots available at Myrtle Beach Locations were a one bedroom which is not what I wanted or expected which means that my parents were correct. HGV doesn't guarantee at the time you want to travel that you are getting the rooms you want and pay for. I would be paying the same price for a 1 bedroom than 2 or 3 and planning 6 months in advance is not enough time-frame to get what I want which means this will be a continual problem that I don't want to go through.

- If space is not available since I got to plan further out (no payment arrangements to catch up), I will lose out on almost $1800.00

- Even though the last person that I spoke to waived all of the late fees they have continued to charge me for them not taking my payments out of my account, I have been charged every month. My last payment besides the missed payments will be completed next month, I have to call each time to take time to pay the missing two payments or incur late fee charges again.

- People have been through the wringer on a lot given how the economy is and it seems like HGV doesn't want to work with you to keep your business.

- I have to attend another timeshare presentation just for using this package to see if this is for me and my answer will be an absolute NO. If this is this difficult and deceptive for a VIP package, then I can see how much of a nightmare this would be for ownership.

- They want couples, which is not fair. As single parents like myself can handle payments on my own, the good ol boy tactics when I brought my then boyfriend along was literally insulting, especially since the main income came from me.

- Like I said, I simply love Hilton and will continue to be a Diamond member. I have felt comfortable in just about every hotel that I have stayed in, especially since I have to travel for medical appointments. I am a disabled veteran with multiple conditions and specialists are just not in my state. So I appreciate the hospitality. I thought HGV would be an extension, but the cost of my piece of mind since getting this package has been extremely stressful. So I won't be opting for ownership after this.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Becoming a owner at HHV was by far the worst decision of my life. We were manipulated in to thinking this was a great way to save money. We are now out 10k with nothing to show for it. We tried to cancel the next day after buying and our sleazy sales rep Bobby, gave us more lies and delayed getting us information we asked for so that we were outside the time limit to cancel.

They will say out of all the owners 10k bad reviews isn’t that bad. Well where are the good reviews? Haven’t seen one and now I know why!! Really not sure how this is legal or how Hilton would associate its name with HGV. It really ruined my life and that’s not an exaggeration, I didn’t have much money before but this has wiped out all my savings and 2 years of my time…. And I’m still not out :(

Hilton Grand Vacations Company Information