Hilton Grand Vacations
1.29/5

Hilton Grand Vacations

563 Hilton Grand Vacations Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I can't believe I got caught up in this bait and switch scam! After booking at a Hilton property, I was asked if I'd like to hear about vacation specials from Hilton Grand Vacations and receive points for just hearing the options. I agreed and was transferred to a salesperson. I listened to several possible destinations and the one Hawaii sounded good. The sales rep was very good, needless to say. He laid out a very specific and very compelling vacation scenario in Hawaii. He directed me to the resort website, which I looked at while on the phone.

He said the resort had been voted "the top resort in the US" and the website looked great. Consequently, I put a deposit down for the trip. However, when I received the confirmation, there was NO mention of the specific resort he described in such great detail. Apparently that Hilton Property is nearby but not part of the special and I had actually been booked for a choice of three other Hilton properties in the same general location. These places weren't nearly as nice and not even on the water.

I called Hilton within minutes of making the deposit, told them the vacation had been misrepresented and asked for a refund. The Hilton person went around and around saying I agreed to this and could not get a refund. The best they could do was reduce the cost of the deposit by booking a cheaper vacation in Orlando! I'm still out my deposit, but it's less than the original deposit.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Hilton is my preferred hotel, as a member there is an occasional offer to sign up for the vacation package saving up to 70% off the hotel rate. During the phone call I checked the online reviews and noted they received a 1 star rating. After reading the reviews I informed the representative I was no longer interested in the promotion. Her tone went from very helpful and professional to aggressive. She informed me Hilton is a respected brand and I knew I was speaking to a Hilton rep as I was transferred to her, she could simply place the hold on my card which was on file. I then instructed her not to as I didn't authorize the charge, she replied "well what's the hold up"? I informed her about the one star rating online and I'd rather not waste her time or mine. She then yelled at me and hung up. So grateful for reviews, my next step to check my card.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

RUN AWAY. Was given the offer for a free 3 day 2 night stay in Las Vegas after booking a hotel room for work. Was told I could book anytime and the only limits to when you couldn't stay was Christmas and New Year's. I get a call two weeks later asking if I want to book because they're full until 2020. What? Ask for my money back and they say no. They then say travel must be completed by 2019 or there's a $50 extra fee. Can't talk to supervisor, get hung up on when I complain. Calling Visa now to see about cancelling the charge.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I paid $280 to go to Myrtle Beach for three nights at a Hilton resort. I called the next day to book and most weekends were booked up. I chose a property only to find out I was put in a property off the beach. I had to rebook and was charged $20 to do so. The property itself was fine. The timeshare presentation was long and annoying. Just keep saying no and that you have zero interest in timeshares. The presentation really interrupted the trip and was a waste of time. We were given a $200 rebate for a future stay at a Hilton.

I just turned in my rebate only to have them try to say they are going to reimburse $100 from a room that was over $200. They don't cover taxes or fees but my room rate was 165.75. All around, I could have found a nice hotel for a few days for $280 with less hassle and more enjoyment. I read the reviews on here thank God before the presentation so I was not roped into their timeshare scam. All and All don't do it. It’s a big waste of time and was not free by any means. Now I get repeated calls about vacations from them or their partners. They must have sold my number. I am disgusted by Hilton and will never stay at another Hilton again.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

After showing up time for the timeshare info seminar, the Hilton staff put us in the waiting room and we sat there for 45 minutes. I asked staff a few times if we had been forgotten and finally they rushed us over to the seminar--I explained that the 45-mins we were waiting went toward the 90-mins we had agreed to but they were very firm on making us go through the 90-min seminar regardless. I put my foot down and told them they forgot us and it didn't work for our schedule to devote over 2 hours to Hilton.

We sat through a condensed version of their seminar and after turning them down, they presented us with a "Test Drive" of their timeshare program--for $1600-ish we could buy 7 nights at one of their timeshares to see if we liked it. Do NOT do this... As a whole, it seems that Hilton's timeshare program is very limited on availability. We called in early-2018 and the soonest they could find us a room was Sept-2018... They also call you non-stop, even after you've booked your trip--it's annoying.

Now hurricane Florence is bearing down on our destination at the exact time we are to arrive and I just called about rescheduling and they said that we'll lose over half of our points on the package we already paid for if we don't re-book within 3-months--so I asked about available dates and they are already limited. So they put a deadline on their members (I am a Gold Member) to use this "test drive" timeshare deal but then they are very limited on availability. Prior to this, for years I have been a loyal Hilton member but this whole situation has me reconsidering ever using Hilton again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Hilton Grand Vacations club... overpriced and underwhelming. People are nice/this is just a ripoff. Visited in 5/17, did not purchased/bought a VIP pkg/could not get my money back so I came to Hawaii Kings' Land. Totally ripoff.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

During booking of Hilton Austin, I was offered an "opportunity" for a reduced cost stay vacation opportunity. Basis of the reduced cost stay was (1) 2 hour presentation, available at multiple times per day. Since my daughter recently moved to Washington, and this was an option, I selected Washington DC. The vacation package was 4 days/3 nights at one of Washington DC Hilton properties for $285.85. The specific dates of my preferred stay was discussed during my call, and was the basis of my agreement, though the specific hotel location was still optional as there are (5) in DC.

I then booked non-refundable airfare on SWA, based upon these dates. Short time afterwards, I received an email indicating, book your travel dates. During my booking, I was told that there were NO AVAILABLE PRESENTATIONS during my dates, and therefore, they could NOT honor my request. I explained that I had already booked my airfare and requested to speak to a supervisor. The individual, "Shelby **" told me "she was not available". After moments of further discussion, I requested again to speak to her supervisor, and was placed on hold for an extended time, 15 minutes or so. Eventually, Shelby returned to the call, and was told that my payment would be refunded in 5-7 days. I look forward to my refund and feel this was a scam sales tactic.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I wish I had read these reviews before I took them up on a "deal" of a vacation in exchange for going to a timeshare informational meeting. They are very upfront about letting you know that if you take their deal of a hotel stay, that you are required to attend the two hour meeting -- both me and my husband were required and we had our 2 year old with us so he had to come along as well. They make it seem like if you are not interested (which we know we were not) that we would not have to stay for the entire two hours. That was a lie.

What they do is they keep sending in higher level sales people to really put the pressure on. When we did not waver and kept saying NO, they practically pushed us out the door. Then the worst part is they give your number to anyone and everyone so I have been getting incessant phone calls from other timeshare/get away companies. It's a scam. Just don't do it. Do yourself a favor and just pay regular price for a hotel room. I'd do anything to get those two hours of my life back. Not worth it!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I am a very disappointed owner. Wife and I purchased back in July of 2016 and were excited to start taking advantage of all the benefits we were promised. The condo we were shown was super nice and had a full kitchen with everything you need to cook meals to include an oven, what we got was a two burner cooktop that one burner didn't work and the other took about a half hour to heat up enough to make runny scrambled eggs, all the dishes and pots and pans were filthy and had to be washed before using them. The laundry dryer didn't work and we had to hang our washed clothes out on the balcony to dry them.

Our condo is supposed to sleep four but only had one bed and no pullout but for a fee they would bring you up a rollout, the problem with that is there was no place to put it. We wound up buying a $20 air mattress from Walmart for our son to sleep on and his friend slept on the couch. Unfortunately What we were shown and what we got was two different things and extremely difficult to book during the times we go on vacation.

When we purchased the property we were given 19,000 RCI points to use at affiliate hotels, well, used toilet paper has more value than RCI points, yeah, you can't use them, they are junk. If you are lucky enough to find a hotel someplace you want to go that takes RCI points, they charge you a fee of $150 to use them. We however have yet to find a hotel that has any open dates and we are checking 6 to 9 months out from our time of travel. But if we check those same hotels on Booking.com or Expedia, there all kinds of rooms available and I can use my American Express points. Funny how Hilton Grand Vacations uses RCI as one of their perks to get you to buy but when you go to use the points, nothing is ever available.

I find it extremely interesting that if you wish to sell your interest, HGV says the value of your property has gone down and there is a 25% charge for buying it back but if you look at the same properties they have for sale the price is $10 to $20k more than what we purchased ours for back in 2016. Last but not least, the phone calls, the freaking phone calls at all hours of the day and night. The quickest way to turn me off to what you're selling is to annoy the living snot out of me and invade my personal life and continue to do it even after I have asked you to stop. My biggest issue is not being able to book the dates we need at the locations we want despite being almost a year out in advance.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

We were excited about the opportunity that the Hilton Grand Vacations was offering and are avid Hilton motel goers. On the phone we were promised that we could travel with up to four people and I asked specifically if we could travel with another couple. When we went to book the trip, after paying the money, they said that this could not be done. The first lady was one of the most rude I dealt with. Second time around the guy was very helpful and said that a supervisor would review the call and get back to me by the end of the day. When that didn't happen, I have it 2 days and called back. After explaining the situation, the lady put me on hold and came back to say she would refund my money. I cannot say for sure why, but would venture to say that it was because they reviewed the call and heard exactly what I had said. Do not waste your time with this package or spending the money. VRBO has always been the best way to travel.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

We still feel betrayed by a supposedly reputable brand. Two years ago we signed up mainly because the salespeople in Orlando ensured us this was surely easy to sell back for at least the same amount paid. We tried to do that but was told the share would be only worth about 5% of the paid price. Very bad experience with no adequate resolution available after many efforts to get our money back. I am not sure what Hilton can do to gain my trust back.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I made a terrible mistake today, I simply called in to get my Hilton Honours member number. I couldn't remember it or find it in my email. I found it odd I wasn't able to have it emailed to me like a password recovery, now I know why... after being pressured to make a reservation I wasn't yet ready to make, I was simply just trying to get my membership number. I was put off. I was even asked why I was thinking of getting a room, which quite frankly, made me uncomfortable.

I finally, irritated, mentioned very strongly that I was not ready to make the reservation. She then transferred me to the horrendous grand vacation line. I was offered 500 honour points to listen, I figured why not. The guy went on and on and on. We talked about Vegas and he gave me a great price for 4 days and 3 nights. Gave me a year to book, offered 20,000 points etc, etc, etc... I said I would need to speak to my husband, he asked me where my husband was, I said, "Excuse me?" "Where is your husband now?" he asked, "Is he with you?" I replied with no, "He's at work..." and he continued to go on and on and on.

To shut this guy up, I asked if there was a cancellation fee, he said there was not. I was never told it was paid upfront and non-refundable. I also said, "Well if he doesn't want to go, I'm sure I can get a friend to come." He laughed and said well I would hope your husband would want to go with you... not once was I told it was mandatory that he did. When I read the very fine print in my email, I was and still am furious!! I called the number I was given and it all got worse. The lady said she would have to pull the recording and asked me to hold, she came back and told me that regardless of whether it was explained to me or not, it is still non-refundable. She also said that because of that, they will not be pulling the recording to review it. I asked for a copy of my recording to be sent to me, I was told that it is the property of Hilton and they would not be sending me a copy.

This disaster has already cost me $220.00 CAD and it will cost me another $50.00 USD. Never, for the rest of my days, will I ever step foot into another Hilton, and I will gladly spread the word to friends and family in hopes that they too will never spend their hard earned money in one either. Today you got the last of my money, I hope this is satisfying for you. I did the right things, I asked the right questions, this is 100% shameful. Unfortunately, I have manners and don't hang up the phone (which crossed my mind frequently with this guy on the phone). My bad, lesson learned, I'll be happy to spend my money elsewhere from here on out.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Bottom line... Save your money and stay at a hotel, an Airbnb, or VRBO as needed. I would definitely recommend NOT purchasing any kind of vacation arrangement with Hilton Grand Vacations. When we purchased our timeshare we were a Hilton Honors Platinum member. I had been doing extensive traveling and Hilton had done a good job providing service. We used our Hilton Honors points to stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki. We've not been back to Hawaii since 2014.

We've tried to arrange a stay anywhere in Hawaii with our timeshare points. We've also tried to find local accommodations here in Southern California and other locations. I have looked at dates at Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations in Orlando, the timeshare we "bought" in to. It is literally impossible to find date openings that match scheduling and/or point values. Subsequently, we haven't used any Hilton timeshare facility in the four years we have "owned" it. Ultimately a terrible investment of nearly $11,000. Save your money!!!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have owned a timeshare with HGV since 2008. I have a chronic illness so have been using Hilton Honors points to stay local to where I am having intense therapy. Recently I called to move 10500 of my points for 2018 into Hilton Honors and book a hotel stay as required. The representative that didn't seem to speak good English, only transferred 1500 points and charged me $104. All contact about this matter with HGV has not resolved this issue and I am pissed. I am looking to sell the timeshare and get out of this awful merry go round. I just sent them a feedback message on their website about this issue today and I will go back to let them know that I left this message here.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Thieves, that what they are. Charges left and right and you can also get better rates elsewhere, timeshare not worth it. Timeshares is something from the past. Now it was never good anyways and it took us this long to see it.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Stay away, They keep charging you every time you have to change something. $20 here, $50 there and if you can't make it you lose everything. Rent a room whenever you want... much, much better. I'm a Hilton Honors member and trust me is not worth it. The days I wanted they weren't available even though I called 2 months before so I had to take the days they wanted, after I couldn't make those days they told me that they will charge me $20 for canceling and $50 for an extension. I have paid over $450 for nothing and it's not refundable... it's a shame.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

After falling for and signing with fast talking salesman, paying 169.00 charge, they kept my credit card info on file, 45 days later I notice a $50 charge on my credit card from Hilton Grand Vacations, fee for not booking timeshare presentation within 45 days... This is a very lowlife pressure scam, It really surprises me Hilton is part of this. I forfeited my original $169, and ask to be removed from all future offers from Hilton. Strongly advise all to avoid Hilton Grand Vacation Timeshare Scam.

Original review: July 23, 2018

We bought our timeshare about 5 years ago in Orlando while visiting Disney. I love the fact you can travel all over with it since it's just points. It has taken us to Jamaica, Hilton Head, Miami, Cancun, Las Vegas and now to Hawaii. We love all the amenities you would get at home. The girls can have their own room. We have privacy too. Most of the properties have been very nice, especially the HGV Clubs. They do a very good job keeping them up to my standards and the staff have always treated us well.

This last vacation we decided to upgrade our points at the Kingsland presentation for the new Oceans Tower. The value was too good to pass up. They also added extra bonus points, so we are going to use them to take a longer trip to France and Italy. If you like to travel this is a great program. It's easy to book our points online and also take advantage of the last minute cash too. My money goes a lot further and we are not stuck in a hotel room. Plus with the equity we will be able to leave it to our girls one day so they can continue to vacation like we have these last five years.

Original review: July 22, 2018

Upon return we wrote a letter to Hilton Grand Vacations Club (Vegas) about the many concerns and issues while on vacation. Very disorganized team of personnel, room had many issues, cleaning crew couldn't decide if we had cleaning or not, pool folks inconsistent, sales presentation was rude and constantly would say, "You aren't listening to what I told you," when we asked for clarification. When I asked for copy of agreement to have legal counsel review, the rep abruptly packed up and left. Yes, left us high and dry. We would like a refund of all monies paid or another full week of vacation. So far, no one has bothered to follow up on the letter or calls. What does this tell you folks.

Original review: July 21, 2018

My experience has been terrible. The customer service is nothing like the Hilton Honors customer service. We rescinded our contract but we were in on our way to get on a cruise so we didn't send it certified mail. We thought that the Hilton brand would honor our rescission that we made. It was terrible mistake on our behalf but we called left several messages. They like to play games and tricks. My wife called one lady after we called her at least 12 times. After leaving numerous messages she finally call us back. When she called us back my wife answered the phone the lady put her on hold and she called my wife again and when my wife clicked over she hung then left us a voicemail so she wouldn't have to talk to us.

Hilton doesn't even have that many grand vacation resorts. Hilton has many resorts yea but there aren't hardly any that are worth a crap me and wife travel quite a bit. Thought it was going to be great deal but after looking at the very limited option Hilton Grand Vacations have please don't waste your time. All the hidden fees that come with it quite simply just won't ever balance out or come out a better deal than going out on your own and booking online through a website. All inclusive fees on top booking fees on top of taxes maintenance fees. Don't waste your time. Shares are scams. You can't refinance one. You can't make money on it like they say you can. It's all one big bag of horse manure. Scam. Scam. Scam. I'd been better throwing money down a sewer drain because that dream vacation they say that going to be worth it you can't afford anymore because you bought into their stupid scam.

Original review: July 17, 2018

We were promised under a time duress so no lawyer could read the pages of legal jargon, that our points would roll over indefinitely. LIE!! I was guaranteed that I could easily book a vacation with under a month's notice. Complete LIE. Right now I am scrambling to book vacations I don't want so that I don't lose my points. This has been a horrible decision right from the beginning. I was explicit that my lifestyle made it so I could only book vacations in a short term manner, I explained clearly that if longer time was needed I would not be able to do it.

The salespeople including a manager GUARANTEED I would have no problem booking in under a Month or 2. LIE. There's almost NEVER AVAILABILITIES THAT SHORT OUT. I expected more from the Hilton Brand, than name means nothing to me anymore other than dishonesty, lack of understanding, and thievery of the average working person. Since I am honest this makes it nearly impossible to sell. In my opinion don't even go to listen to the sales pitch. Luckily I have thousands of followers on Facebook and Instagram, my story will be told over and over.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Our experience with HGV has been horrible. They use predatory deceptive practices, very skillfully manipulative. I never dreamed that I could be duped so badly and repeatedly. Run, Run away. They will cost you lots of extra fees, for stays that you could book yourself for less money. They outright lied about locations and availability. Every time you contact them it costs some fee. Please contact me if there is a class action suit.

Original review: July 11, 2018

The overall resort was very nice, however, it was most definitely overshadowed by the pushy, condescending and relentless efforts of the Vacation Club Staff to sell us a membership. From the onset we were forthright and upfront explaining that we were not in any financial position to make a purchase of any type with two daughters in college, yet they kept us there for 2 1/2 hours with multiple sales people coming at us. We also explained that we could not even use all of our seven nights because the Washington DC property was not available.

We were also told we had an expiration date on the VIP package. The experience put a terrible damper on our stay, we will never do business with Hilton again. It is unfathomable that the sales team tried to sell us MORE packages when they would not even accommodate what we already purchased! We paid $1700 for seven nights and TripAdvisor can book the same property for $750 - a $1,000 difference. I hope our unfortunate experience will lead Hilton Vacation Club to examine their customer service because it was less than stellar.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Was called by Hilton Honors in 2016 for a discounted weekend in Las Vegas but would have to attend a 1.5 hour presentation, it was 4 hours of wasted and harasses time. After naively purchasing a VIP package from Hilton’s presentation (believing people are truthful, moral and use their value system) we were told could easily book a vacation in NC - as long as it’s one year in advance. At the first moment of business that day (one year later), though we did try to call a few times earlier and told to we had to wait, was told property was already booked up. Got stuck in MYRTLE Beach no other option. Then after booking was told we had to attend another sales pitch or we would be charged more money (was NEVER told this in LV) another SCAM. Salesperson talked nonstop even though first thing told them was in uninterested and wanted to leave and not have either of us lose an hour of our precious time.

He tells us we are all just a numbers game and he sees 4 people a day and will sell to the rest. I sat there in silence and looked at my watch while he said we had to make small talk for 1 hour, I told him clock began when we checked in. I looked at my watch occasionally. He looked uncomfortable tried to shame me a few times in a passive aggressive manner for not allowing him to give his spiel. Was told I was aggressive though I was firm stating not interested and they told me I must stay for the full presentation. The sales rep brought in a closer and I stood firm saying NO and wanting to leave, they tried every tactic, but I countered them. Told them both not to take things personally because whatever sales rep was in front of me I would have said and done the same thing. They took it personally! What rubbish!

Was told “we are not putting a gun to your head” and “why did you come to this.” “Why are you so aggressive” (my silence stunned them) and I am a women, perhaps not use to firm and confuse it as aggression! Also since the year we purchased this product (2016) was harassed by Hilton products via phone daily, up to 5 times almost every day. Blocked the numbers and new calls appeared. Sales reps blamed The Hilton Honors, then they said something to the fact that’s the norm. Will cancel being a Hilton Honors member shortly.

Original review: July 6, 2018

My husband called a Hilton Hotel to check on our upcoming reservation. Since we are Hilton Honors members he was put on a phone call with a very aggressive salesperson who sold him a vacation in NYC. They took his credit card info and charged it immediately. We have since called and emailed a number of times trying to get our money back as we don't plan to spend another $2,000 to get to NYC to use our one-night lodging certificate - plus have to listen to a sales presentation. This is nothing but a scam operation and Hilton Hotels should be ashamed that they are accosting their Hilton Honors members with it!

Original review: July 3, 2018

My husband called Hilton Honors to see if he had any points available for our stay in Orlando. Somehow the Hilton Honors person convinced him to sit through a "sales presentation" for a low price on one of their resorts over the weekend. The sales pitch was aggressive and misleading. When you attend the presentation they make comments how only "smart" people know that they shouldn't leave without taking the deal, and offer ridiculously easy financing. This is fine for me, because I see through the veil, but I saw many people who probably couldn't afford it, particularly foreigners, getting bullied into buying into something based on the aggressive sales tactics.

The saleswoman was getting very angry every time I challenged her and was combative asking me personal questions about my hotel history and background. I would have expected this from certain timeshare companies, but I am surprised that Hilton stoops this low. Also, the $200 Hilton credit we were promised is a scam. You have to mail in for a "rebate" later after you stay at another Hilton property. This was a completely awful experience. Don't be fooled into it.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Being a platinum member of Hilton Honors we were offered the 3 day 4 night special for $129.00 with an agreement to go to a 2 hour sales presentation, we gladly paid the $129.00 and agreed. The place we stayed at was the Tuscany Village in Orlando Florida. We arrived on Friday evening, checked in to the resort and was happy with the accommodations. The following day we went to the presentation and stayed dealing with the salesmen for 4 hours.

We told them the deal they offered didn’t make sense after doing my comparison, the salesman that was appointed to us went for reinforcements and a second high pressure salesman came in and presented his offers and his is math calculations and gave us as he called it the “Best Deal Ever”. The deal that was offered was 3400 points every other year at a cost of 16,400.00 with 10% down at a monthly cost of $438.00 for 10 years. I proceeded to do my math, told him it was a ridiculous deal, said no and gave our goodbyes, the closer walk in to sign us out and made us an even better deal, refused and got the hell out of there and never looked back. Moral of the story, there is a sucker born every day, don’t be one! Thank you HGVC for a wonderful weekend for $129.00.

Original review: July 1, 2018

Promised: We would stay at Oceans 22, a beautiful resort on Myrtle Beach, SC. We would have a choice when we could reserve (partially true). We would have a choice when to go to the timeshare presentation. We would have a room with a view. The timeshare presentation would last 2 hours. We would receive a $200 hotel stay at any Hilton resort following the timeshare presentation.

Reality: We stayed at a three star Hampton Inn in Myrtle Beach, SC. The $174.00 package was sold to us in spring 2017. No hotels were available for summer 2017 and they allowed us to defer our package until the following year. They recommended we call in November, December, and January of 2018 to get the dates we wanted. I called every week until dates became available for summer 2018. And when I called, everything was apparently booked for Oceans 22 and other 4-5 star resorts. The best the representative could find was a Hampton Inn.

They automatically choose a timeshare presentation time for us, knowing we had kids (5,2) with us. The timeshare presentation coincided with lunch and nap time (brilliant! ). Our hotel room was a smelly closet that faced into another building/room/patio. We ended up leaving after the first night. The timeshare presentation lasted 3 hours. Needless to say, our kids had enough (and so did we!). We received a $200 REBATE that expires in 6 months for a only a Hampton Inn. It requires us to mail it in, and wait 8-10 weeks to receive a VISA check card-not our actual money. This program is a scam and these cronies should be put in jail for false advertisement.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I highly discourage anyone from buying from this operation. We had a good weekend at the Elara in Las Vegas, but didn't buy the package they showed up. They said, reconsider... Buy a 1500, maybe 1625 package that will give us an opportunity to experience the other places. We bought it. I called more than 10 times to try to book vacations but they didn't have time slots that fit our schedule. We finally had to book a time in NY because it's the only place they had available. Our location was the Club Hilton, blocks off Central Park. The room was a studio, didn't have a couch. The bed was a pillow top and my wife couldn't sleep because when I moved, the bed moved.

After numerous complaints, I slept on the floor. I talked to the management and they said they didn't have rooms with two beds, couldn't bring a bed in because of ordinances. They wouldn't even give me extra pillows to sleep on. I'm here for my 23rd anniversary which is today. I'm on here because I'm pissed off of their lack of customer service and concern. They have 47 hotels in NY but couldn't find a way to help us. Do yourself a favor. Look somewhere else... they don't value customers. I will no longer use any of their brands unless forced to... goodbye Hampton, Doubletree, Embassy etc. Screw me here with all the options to help, you lose me. I'm off to Priceline to buy a room I can sleep in forfeiting my package I bought.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Almost a year ago I was in Orlando with my family at a Hilton property and purchased on impulse a prepaid vacation which would have been 2 payments of 179.00, part payment made upon purchasing the vacation and the other due upon staying. We were told that we could use it in Orlando or another state, but they were pushing the newer property in Orlando. I inquired about uses in other states since perhaps we would not want to travel to Orlando at that time and the timeshare employee told us that this would be no problem and could be used elsewhere since we live in Los Angeles and might want to use it in Las Vegas. The gentleman at the Doubletree Lake Buena Vista assured me that we could and there was nothing in writing excluding this.

When I tried to book, I was told that they did not have anything available for two of the properties we asked about. I asked what dates they had available and they said they could not inform me but that I had to give exact dates. When I did, they claimed that they did not have 3 consecutive dates/days together so I asked about 2 consecutive days. They claimed they had only single days which means if I travelled to Las Vegas, I would have to pay for a hotel for a day or two and then stay one day at HGV. No. I called back today and was also told that despite my original contract stating it was for 2 adults and 2 children, I would not be able to adjust my dates and instead of traveling with a friend who was locked in to specific dates because of her job, I could not opt for another dates and bring my mom and 9 year old because the Las Vegas property would only accommodate 2 people.

Well that's not what my contract stated. I pointed out what my contract stated. So the gentleman Alex who was very polite but admitted that he was unclear what I meant indicated that this was only for the Orlando resort. So, I have been scammed out of 179.00. I was told the day before that they can extend it by 3 months for an additional 50.00 and if I want to add a person it would cost about 89.00 roughly total. What? I will cut my losses and move on. I would never buy a timeshare from them or anyone else, but now the Hilton properties have left a bad taste in my mouth and I will not stay at any.

I was not particularly angry, just expected them to honor what they promised. Do not purchase. Total bait and switch scam. Thankfully it was not more. DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE A DIME. Book at a regular hotel and do not buy a timeshare. Countless number of complaints. Something that should have been simple has turned into a scam. Shame on Hilton.

Hilton Grand Vacations Company Information