Hilton Grand Vacations

Hilton Grand Vacations

1.2/5 (67 ratings)

About Hilton Grand Vacations

Hilton Grand Vacations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton Grand Vacations?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

Original review: May 22, 2022

Now that Hilton Grand Vacations bought Diamond Resorts, they expect us to pay more money to be able to use the old Diamond Resort properties, which one would imagine that they would. But, they grouped Anantara Resorts with Diamond Resorts so though we have stayed in Asia at an Anantara resort in the past as a HGV owner, we no longer can, without shelling out a bunch more cash!

They also sold INTRAWEST which had nice properties in Canada that we stayed at. Pay more and more and more and get less and less and less. Also, the last time we were at one of their premiere properties, it was filthy and run down with furnishings falling apart. We have been lied to so many times I can't count them all. Usually everything is always fully booked as soon as you are allowed to book so you only can stay at your home property. And RCI is a joke... dated and run-down properties that are almost impossible to get into.

Original review: May 1, 2022

Diamond Resorts, now owned by Hilton Grand is a complete and utter scam. From firsthand experience with Diamond, they lie, scam, and just completely make up phony stories to sell their guest on purchasing a timeshare. They don’t disclose important information, or fees for that matter. Throughout my entire experience with Diamond and the upgrades I was tricked into purchasing, each and every time the sales representatives I was assigned to always had a similar sob story. I hate to say this, but I believe that was their sales ploy, they tell you these sob stories to make you feel bad for them and guilty if you don’t purchase.

Not only do they make you feel guilty, but they hold you hostage!!! Not literally but they refuse to give back your personal documents such as photo ID and credit card! While I attended their presentation, I informed the sales representative I was with that I had to go because I had a previous engagement, and he refused to give me my credit card and ID back! Overall, just stay away from Diamond Resorts, just steer clear and trust me when I tell you to ignore those sales representatives.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 1, 2022

We went to Las Palmeras Hotel in Orlando. My wife booked it and got a discount to attend their sales pitch on timeshares (they called it something else, but it’s a timeshare program). Make a long story short they wanted us to pay $44K upfront and nearly $2K a year for life to get two weeks at one of their locations. Do the math, invest $44K in stock market and make 10% a year, compounded. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that out! Stay as far away as you can! Don’t listen to the mumbo jumbo they try to sell you! It’s a scam for suckers!

Resolution response: May 6, 2022

I spoke to the head of sales and we had a wonderful conversation. He understood exactly what I was talking about and he will be speaking to the sales people to make sure that they are aware of what the changes are and how to present it. No one should have to go through what we went through when we were there. I feel as if everything was resolved. He listened, and he was extremely respectful and understanding. I was very happy With the call and his responsiveness. He is definitely dedicated to making Hilton Grand Vacations a positive experience.

Original review: April 30, 2022

I was excited to hear about the changes to Diamond Resorts, which we have owned since before it was even Sunterra. I signed up to hear about the updates now the Hilton Grand Vacations (HGV) purchased it, and found that in order to become an HGV member, you need to 'buy into' the timeshare, for us it would have been over $20,000!!! Since we did not 'sign' that means that after all the money we spent updating our timeshare to points, then adding more to become silver members, we will NOT have any benefits from the HGV purchase! Not only that, we will actually LOSE benefits, as we will only be permitted to use points for the Diamond properties, which will start to migrate to HGV, and no longer be available to us!! However, I was then told that the maintenance fees are about 28% less!! I guess that is so that we can pay over $20,000!!!

For the first time, I am considering dropping my timeshare!! And we have actually loved it for over 30 years! How sad that HGV would require more money from members that have already paid so much already! What a scam! We are really unhappy with being told that in order to have Hilton Grand Vacation benefits that use points (yes, we can pay cash for HGV locations), we have to purchase more points. When I asked, "What if I don't want to get more points," they said it was the ONLY way to get the benefits, and that 6,000 points was the minimum. And, of course, if we did not purchase the points THAT DAY, then the cost would go up if we wanted to purchase points at a later date. My brother owns timeshare that has been purchased by a larger timeshare, and he had has maintenance costs reduced without any requirements to purchase anything!! I am surprised at Hilton!

Original review: April 27, 2022

Nightmares, they are terrifying, they keep you up at night, now imagine a nightmare that you could never wake up from… This is exactly what I have been living with everyday since I was TRICKED into purchasing a timeshare with Hilton Grand Vacations. The saddest part of all this is when those lying, money hungry, sales representatives at Hilton sold me on this purchase, they specifically said THIS IS NOT A TIMESHARE!!!! But instead, they sold me on “an investment property,” which was all one big fat lie! THIS IS A TIMESHARE, NOT A FORM OF INVESTMENT OF ANY TRUE VALUE!

All those pesky salespeople down at Hilton are the same, they will lie, lie, lie, and say all these marvelous things and draw up a fake dream. They make it all sound so genuine and real, but little do you know they are just going to stab you in the back! Don’t even get me started on the scams they are pulling, 4 days after signing the contract with them they denied my request to cancel my contract, especially when Nevada law allows 5 days to cancel a contract! Tell me that doesn’t sound fishy? My entire experience with this company has been stressful, it’s all been so overwhelming and just darn right traumatic.

Original review: April 27, 2022

Hilton Grand Vacation Club is just awful! Their salespeople have no problem using coercion and false advertising to trick you in to buying a timeshare. Don’t believe anything those people tell you. In fact, stay away from their presentations to begin with. My husband and I had to go to an update meeting to hear about Hilton’s takeover of Diamond. If we signed up with a new Hilton contract, we’d have access to tons of new perks, have something to pass to our daughter- who was an infant at the time, use our points for free rental cars and airfare, all kinds of things. Except it was all lies or half-truths. Not having access to certain benefits there were promised is not as big of a deal as what they did to my family. I had no idea that we were signing a BABY up for lifelong debt. No one said she would have to take over when we pass away.

They also touted their relationship with DISNEY and that we would have special access, but that was just another lie. We wanted to be able to take our daughter to Disney whenever we wanted. In fact, had we known the mortgage was DOUBLE what we agreed to pay, we would have walked away! We might have known if they gave us a copy of our contract, which to this day we have never received.

Original review: April 22, 2022

One year of lying and fraud. On 03/18/2019. Denise and I go to Sedona AZ to get married. We go to the presentation. We were told that we can buy 3500.00 points a year and the maintenance fees would start out at $1,000.00 a year and may go up a 5% a year. I take out my calculator and crunched the numbers based on what the rep and his supervisor told us. We decided to buy. Please know that I am numbers guy. I was a licensed stock broker for Charles Schwab and presently employed as a Branch Manager Assistance Vice President for a local community bank. Ethics, truthfulness and transparency is how I run my bank. Based upon the information I was given, the wife and I signed the contract and paid $16,000.00+.

August of 2021. Denise and I go to South Lake Tahoe for we thought was a orientation. It was not. The rep tells us “oh no you are in a horrible plan and your maintenance fees are going to skyrocket”! I was shocked to hear that. I proceed to tell him (please look at file to pull his name) that is not what my wife and I was told. The rep and his supervisor told us the maintenance will go be doubling every year and we would be paying 5k a month in Maintenance fees within 3 years and up to 7k in 5 years. I was extremely upset when I was told this information. “How can I be lied to so blatantly”? Now the rep said he “could lock the maintenance fees and double the points to 7500.00 a year if we write another check for $6,500.00”. Denise and I feel that we no option but to write the check. And we do so.

On the way home my wife breaks down into tears, “how can they lied to us like that”? And, “how do we know if the rep from Tahoe is lying to us too”? Someone from Diamond is lying. See the pattern of lying that the wife and I have experienced. More deceitful business practices. December of 2021 we go to Kona Hawaii for 2nd honeymoon. We meet a rep from Diamond. I explained to him about the misinformation, lying that we have received and how disgruntle we are. Totally regret ever signing up in Sedona. We are now told, “OH no you are not in the Hawaii package and you will never be able to use your “ US Continental points” in Hawaii. I was shocked for this was the first time I was told this. The rep now wanted tens of thousands of more dollars to move to the Hawaii collection.

At this point I am beyond being mad, words cannot come close to describing my rage and anger. Deceived, lied to, manipulated, and truly the worst business practices that I have experienced in my 30 year financial career. If the first two reps lied, one of them did or and both did, how do we know this guy is not lying to us too? We stop the bleeding and so no. We are done giving money to Diamond resort. Wife breaks down crying again, “they told we can go to Hawaii with our points”. Seeing my wife crying truly hurts. Denise mental anguish is directly caused by the deceitful business practice of Diamond resort. Now if you can believe it gets even worse!

March 16th. Las Vegas. Polo Towers. We meet with Patrick ** (**). I proceed to tell him how upset we are, how we been repeatedly lied to, we have no idea is telling us the truth. He then tells my wife and I, “I am in compliance, I am not a sales rep, I am here to fix your problems”. I then ask a 2nd and a 3rd time. You are in compliance Patrick? Patrick says, “yes I am that is why I have a laptop, and the other reps don’t”. He proceeds to tell us that our maintenance fees will double every year, to 10k a year within 5 years. He then brings out 3 contracts or offers. One wanted 50k, 2nd for 33k and 3rd for 22k. I am extremely upset again. “This is 4th time that I am given different information.” I am pacing the room because I can’t believe that is happening for 4th time.

This is where it gets criminal. Patrick tells my wife and I, “if you upgrade to the 33k package I will double your points and you can cash in the other 7500.00 points for $15,000.00 a year for next 8 years”. He takes out his calculator and show us how we would get our 33k back in 2.3 years. And he said “I can’t put that in writing and you can’t tell anyone that your upgrading is for an investment, pay $33,000.00 to get $120,000.00 back over the next 8 years”. At this time I became to realize that cannot be true. Why would Diamond resort pay me $120,000.00 for a $33,000.00 investment? Remember I was a licensed Stock Broker, Financial Advisor registered with SEC. I deal with fraud every other day. We said no, “no more money”.

He then says we can use our “Equity” to lock in the maintenance fees of $2,900.00 a month. We agree. However he does not put that it writing and someone else comes out trying to get us to give $3900.00 to lock the offer for the 3 so called upgrades. We said no. When the last rep left he gave us a piece paper to bring to the front desk for your free gift. But with the paper there was something else! It is Polo Team Sales Commission schedule, rep Patrick name on it!! See attachment. When I showed my wife the Polo commission schedule, she completely breaks down crying, “how can they (Diamond) keep doing this to us?”

I ask another one of your sales rep if this your Commission schedule? She looks at and tries to take it from. Not going to happen. Patrick is the worst of the worst. After telling him my experience of lies and my lack of trust Patrick lied to my face over and over. It took all of my self-control not to go Postal. When you make my wife cry with the all of the lying it is now getting personal.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I thought a big name like Hilton would be a safe choice for a timeshare purchase, but that was NOT the case. I never imagined that they would trick us into a timeshare with false information. Thus far, nothing I was told is true. This was supposed to be a real estate transaction, but there is no property attached to my contract. There is no access to Disney like the sales staff said. The maintenance fees go up like crazy every year, yet no bothered to say anything about that. No blackout dates at over 50 properties! There may not be actual “blackout” dates, but good luck getting a reservation anywhere!

You’ll have to book a minimum of 6 months prior. A number of fees were also left out. I had no idea that ON TOP of the mortgage and maintenances fees, I’d have to pay for reservations, to roll over points, etc. There’s always some fee with Hilton, I’m surprised they don’t charge for the air (hope that doesn’t give them any ideas)! I pray anyone reading this stays away from them. Trust me, you don’t want to be in my position.

Original review: April 16, 2022

Hilton Grand Vacation Timeshare is 100% a SCAM! We failed to do our research prior to a mandatory tour we were assigned to do as part of promotion. First they put us in a crappy hotel and then during the tour showed us penthouses in NYC that we would never be able to stay in because we are not buying timeshare in NYC (prices are astronomical). Long story short please do your research, DO NOT believe these sales people who are trying to get paid regardless of long term consequences of buying a product that is a lie.

Luckily for us we followed our intuition. After being coerced into a purchase we couldn’t afford, we did our research early enough to cancel without any penalties (you have 7 days). But I should mention canceling and finding a person to speak to took a while. Make sure to email a cancelation letter and get a response before day 7.

Original review: April 15, 2022

My husband and I signed a contract for a timeshare in Myrtle Beach. We have been trying to cancel for over 6 months. Lots of empty promises. And now no one is available via telephone or email. They do not answer or call back! We are getting an attorney. If you're thinking of signing up for Hilton Grand Vacations time share, DON'T DO IT! There are so many scams going on with this company. And NO ONE will be available for any questions you may have!

Hilton Grand Vacations Company Information