2. Travel

Hilton Grand Vacations

1.4/5 (46 ratings)

About Hilton Grand Vacations

Hilton Grand Vacations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton Grand Vacations?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

Original review: June 16, 2021

I had an overall great experience with Hilton Grand Vacations. I did not buy their product or service. I just said "NO" and that was it. I completed all the requirements for the sales presentation and walked away. From the beginning, the salesperson that I spoke to by phone told me several times that I must attend the sales presentation in its entirety. The salesperson even stated in numerous times on the follow-up confirmation calls. It seems that a lot of folks jumped at the idea of a cheap vacation and never read the fine print or let themselves be talked into something they could not afford in the first place.

My advice, don't purchase the timeshare if you truly cannot afford it, read ALL the fine print on the contract, and ask questions. Don't fall into the FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) trap. And if you do buy into it pay for it outright don't finance it and make the most of your purchase and use the points every year. Again do not buy if you cannot afford it or it doesn't fit your lifestyle. Use the presentation for a cheap vacation and walk away.

Original review: May 17, 2021

We have been owners for 11 years and in that time have used our points to travel to Bermuda, Hawaii 3 times, Austria, Montana, New York City, Myrtle Beach and just booked a week in New York and Las Vegas. We also can to go to the New resort in Tahiti in December! We have never had a problem finding properties available and even if we have used RCI points, the places have all been fantastic. Yes, they try to sell you more points, different property,etc. They are a timeshare company. That's what they do. We are happy with our membership.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2021

We have been owner for over 10 years. I once worked for a company that had a division of timeshares, and was told never buy a timeshare if you don't plan on using it. If you buy a 4 day package for 199 you should expect to get sold something, no free lunch. After reading all the reviews here, it is clear too many people are naive when they sign up and expect that they are due a cheap trip with no strings, and no pressure. Having said that we bought at the Hilton Club in New York and used the points every year. The year before last and next year we traded into The Crane in Barbados, a fabulous resort. Also we are looking forward to going to the newest resort in Charleston, SC in November. Between the Hilton Honors program and the Hilton Grand Vacation ownership we will never pay for a hotel or resort for the rest of our lives. We are happy because we knew we wanted what we bought, pressure was not a factor.

Original review: July 25, 2021

We checked in around 4 pm by 8 I was having allergy attacks. By 11 these allergy attack became Asthma attacks. I went to the front desk to tell them I was having trouble breathing. No help or offer to call for help. By 2 am we left to go back home because I was so sick! Had to go to the emergency room the next day. Been sick since along with 6 hours of driving, money wasted, no help, and a ruined vacation. THEY wouldn't even refund me! My bad though, should have called the ambulance while on the property. How does this company have so many people call you and bother you to get there but no one calls to see if you are okay!

Original review: July 18, 2021

Hilton is a rip-off! I bought 15 years ago. It use to be worth it. Now they charge for everything. Seats at pool can't bring cooler. If you are staying g in timeshare you have to pay to use the hotel. It use to be included. $24 for a hamburger. $4 glass of tea that no one refilled.

Original review: July 17, 2021

DO NOT allow yourself to be talked into doing one of their sales pitches. They promised us gifts, but once we refused to purchase, they became nasty and refused to give us the gifts. They then refused to allow us to speak to the manager. This is a horrendous company and their high pressure sales tactics are really counter-productive.

Original review: July 8, 2021

In September 2018, we were staying at the Hilton in Manhattan when we were approached in the lobby by an employee offering us a $300 credit on our bill if we were to attend a short presentation on the different Hilton offerings. We felt that this was worth our time, so we accepted the offer. When we arrived at the presentation, it was actually a high-pressure timeshare sales pitch! For hours we were told that these points could easily convert into Hilton Honors points, could be used to book rooms at the same Hilton hotels that we already frequented and that we were making a real estate purchase that could be resold at a profit later. None of this was remotely true!

We were also signed up for a credit card without our knowledge for the down payment with a 15.5% interest rate! We have only been able to use these points for ONE hotel stay in Chicago, the conversion rate is awful, there is no rental or resale market, and there are ENDLESS fees above and beyond the cost of ownership. Had ANY of this been disclosed properly, we never would have agreed to this purchase! We believed that Hilton was a brand that could be trusted!!

Original review: July 7, 2021

I CAN'T BELIEVE HILTON HAS LOWERED THEIR STANDARDS. I am convinced that if Budget Inn or a motel had a grand vacation package it would be two times better that what I am dealing with right now. Please if you get an offer for a stay at a hotel do not do it. We book a stay in Hawaii for over $850 and the HGV group put us in a hotel that is located approximately 2 miles away from the Hilton Village Resort. What they did was they pick a nearby Hilton and added the word Resort to the end of it and tricks begin.

Trust me. Stay away from Hilton. I think they also pass judgement over who you are just by your name. STAY AWAY from this nightmare. Long story short the hotel they put us in was 199 a night so we saved $200 woo when they promised to save us $1000s. Bunch of **. I will contact the Attorney General next if they continue with the lies. I also have all the emails they provide me changing the name of the Hotel added the word Resort to a basic hotel.

Original review: June 26, 2021

We first became familiar with Hilton Grand Vacations when we received a call offering us a free trip to Orlando if we were to attend an hour long sales presentation. Since our daughter lived in the area, we decided to accept. On the day of the presentation, we were kept in that room for over 4 hours! We met with multiple members of the sales staff and told them over and over that we were not interested in purchasing, that this was more than we could afford, and that we would revisit the decision at a later date. We were told that this was a real estate investment, that we would be able to travel to locations all over the world while saving a significant amount on travel, and that once the loan was paid off, we would be able to sell this at a profit. NONE OF THIS WAS TRUE!

They also coerced us into signing up for an American Express card with a 17% interest rate which was used for the down payment because we couldn’t afford a down payment. There are SO MANY FEES that weren’t disclosed to us. With the mortgage payment, interest, maintenance fees, booking fees, etc. we could book travel online with Priceline and save thousands of dollars every year. Later we learned that our daughter would inherit this financial obligation when we die. This is absolutely heartbreaking! We never wanted to put our children in this situation. We have tried to work with Hilton Grand Vacations, but they just ignore us. The Hilton name can no longer be trusted, and we will never stay in a Hilton hotel again! DO NOT BUY A TIMESHARE FROM HILTON GRAND VACATIONS!

Original review: June 25, 2021

When we received a call from Hilton Grand Vacations offering us a stay in Las Vegas for a reduced rate, we thought it was a great idea. When we arrived at the required presentation, we were told that we could leave this to our children in the future, that this was a deeded real estate property, that we would be eligible for reduced rates on all Hilton rooms, and that if we ever wanted out as timeshare owners, we could sell this back to HGVC. They even added a first right of refusal on the buyback option. We now know none of this is true! While our children CAN inherit this, what they really would be getting is the continuous obligation of increasing maintenance fees. This is not something any parent wants to give their children! When we have tried to book rooms at the “reduced owner rate” we have learned that this is always full price – sometimes more than you can find the rooms at sites like Hotels.com.

The reservation system is extremely difficult to use and the resorts they showed us in Europe were never available which is why bought this in the first place. Dissatisfied, we reached out to HGVC to take this back, as we were promised in the original meeting. After 6 months and several follow ups, we still have not received a response! We thought that Hilton Grand Vacations was a reputable company since we believed they had the Hilton name. We no longer trust them or the Hilton brand at all!

Original review: June 23, 2021

When we received a call from Hilton offering us a discounted 4-day trip to Orlando if we were to attend a short presentation, we thought it was a great offer. Instead, we spent over half a day in a high-pressure sales situation where we made a purchase solely because we felt like it was the only way we could leave. Since becoming “owners” with Hilton Grand Vacations, all we have are disappointments. The points are impossible to use, there is no value, it cannot be resold, and we cannot rent out the unit for income like we were told.

There are never available resorts for the times we’ve tried to book a vacation. This was supposed to be a private membership that was exclusive to owners, but that was just one of the many lies they told us. Later, we were contacted to purchase more points under the guise that this would allow us greater availability. Another lie! All we have gained are more fees and more debt. I never thought that a company with a reputation like Hilton would that treats their customers like this. The Hilton name isn’t what it used to be and it's absolutely shameful!

Original review: June 14, 2021

When I called Hilton Honors to book a room for a trip, I was asked if I wanted to receive a discounted trip to Orlando. The only catch was that I needed to attend a brief presentation with Hilton Grand Vacations while I was there. We agreed and when we arrived at the presentation, we had our four kids with us. This was NOT brief! We were in that room for more than 4 hours!!

This was a very stressful situation because we had to deal with our children, exhausted and bored from this lengthy meeting, yet the sales staff would not let up. They used this to their advantage and did not care about the way my family and I felt. My wife and I were not interested in buying a timeshare because we were in the middle of buying a home, which we told them COUNTLESS times. We did not want anything to affect our credit but the salesmen at Hilton Grand Vacation continued to reassure us that the purchase of a timeshare would not show up on our credit history, BUT IT DID go on our credit history.

They told us that we could use this membership to stay at any Hilton hotel for $59/night, which we later found out is a $595 BOOKING FEE to be able to book the room as a Hilton Grand Vacations member! This was supposed to an investment of real estate and had true value, but I can go online and book a week in Orlando for $595, so where is the value??? It was all lies! As a Hilton Honors member, I trusted that they wouldn’t lead me astray, but I was clearly wrong.

Original review: June 11, 2021

When we were offered a discounted stay from Hilton Honors if we were to attend a timeshare sales presentation, we decided to accept. When we arrived at Sunrise Lodge with our daughter, we attended the required presentation that was nowhere near short. It took almost an entire day! They told us that by making this purchase we would be buying a piece of real estate that would build equity and could be willed to our children. They neglected to mention that there were maintenance fees associated with ownership, that these could increase every year with no cap, the interest rate on the loan, or the true cost of this purchase.

When we returned home, we believed that we were genuine owners of a piece of a resort in Utah. However, whenever we have tried to utilize this, we are unable to book ANYTHING during ski season! We continue to pay for this month-after-month with nothing to show for it. The costs have increased to the point that this is placing significant financial strain on our family, yet we cannot even utilize it! We never thought that Hilton would allow their clientele to be treated in this manner! SHAME ON YOU HILTON!

Hilton Grand Vacations Company Information