Hilton Grand Vacations
1.37/5

Hilton Grand Vacations

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

608 Hilton Grand Vacations Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

After I called to make a reservation with Hilton, I agreed to listen to a "pitch" about a discounted vacation package in certain areas. Woman I spoke to was very nice - discussed a package in CA and I asked if I had to decide today to do so. She said I had a year to determine dates and book. Stated they needed a card # to "hold" the discounted rate, which I foolishly gave. Received a confirmation email immediately and within hours, I had a charge on my card and buyers remorse and went through their website to request a cancellation. Did not receive a response (shocker) and so I called (at this point, about 18 hours after) to cancel. Talked to girl and a supervisor who both told me that this was noncancellable - they wanted a reason, so I kept stating that I could not do this, and I needed to cancel. (Actually told me that "I could not do this" was not a valid reason!)

I made the mistake of stating that I was not aware this was noncancellable and they said they would review the call where I accepted to ensure I was advised and if I was not advised then they would cancel, but that the confirmation email I received should have also stated this was noncancellable. I reiterated that I was calling less than 24 hours later to tell them I wanted to cancel and that I changed my mind, but the supervisor advised that regardless of time frame, this is a noncancellable agreement and they do not allow for a time frame to cancel - they would only cancel if I was advised during the call that this was noncancellable.

Said he would review and advise within 2-3 days, and I said that is not acceptable because I was telling him, less than 24 hours later, that I wanted to cancel. Said he would get back to me at the end of the day. At this point, I am not optimistic they will cancel, so I've already gone through the channels at my bank to ensure that they do not charge me. I do not plan on going through with this package, and I already cancelled the reservation I made with Hilton before this call. Book elsewhere!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

After making a reservation with Hilton, I agreed to listen to the pitch for a deeply discounted 4 day vacation package. The lady was very persuasive and I agreed to pay the $199 for 3 nights. After reading the reviews of other's experiences, I decided to try to cancel. The review posted by "Charlene of Jenera" was very helpful, but to my surprise it was not nearly as difficult - no "supervisor", no long dialog, just a polite "sorry that you have decided to cancel". I was on the phone for only about 10 minutes total. I checked back on the Concierge website about 24 hours later and my vacation package has been removed, but I haven't seen the refund posted on my credit card yet. Maybe all the bad press has had an effect on HGV.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

In February 2018, I stayed at a Hilton hotel outside Orlando, Florida. While walking through the lobby of the hotel, I was approached by a generic Hilton associate, who I did not know to be a sales representative of Hilton Grand Vacations. She stopped me by interacting with my then 9-month-old daughter, who I was pushing in a stroller. She then proceeded to engage me about how often I travel, which I told her I travel for leisure regularly as my time-off from work (PTO) allows. She inquired when was the next time I would be taking a vacation, and I informed her that I had already allocated all of my PTO for 2018 and the first-half of 2019, so I wouldn't travel again until summer 2019. She said great, that Hilton was currently offering a deal where I could book a 4-night/5-day prepaid vacation to any of Orlando, Myrtle Beach, or Las Vegas for $350 total.

Since the entire conversation centered around when my PTO allowed me to travel, she informed me that I had 13 months from date of purchase to book the travel, and then when I called to book the travel, I had to pick a travel date at most six months from when I called. Therefore, she assured me that if I were to buy the prepaid vacation on that date, I could travel up through August of 2019.

I called a few days ago to book my travel (within the 13 month time frame), and the representative from Hilton Grand Vacation informed me that their policy was I had to book and travel within the 13 months and that they would not honor the sales associates message of traveling up through August 2019. This is absolutely unbelievable, as my entire conversation with the sales associate was centered around the fact that my PTO did not allow for me to travel until summer 2019, which I knew at the time of the discussion; and I certainly would not have purchased a prepaid vacation that I could not take. It's clear to me now that both the sales lady herself and Hilton Grand Vacations are shysters who lie to get individuals to purchase prepaid vacations under terms that they're unwilling to honor.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I was rushed through the process and told "verbally" about certain fees. I purchased my timeshare in October of 2018, the following month had to pay $1500 in HOA fees, and now not even 6 months later was hit with operating fees, taxes etc. which I was never informed of. Not to mention every time I try to book something the dates are either not available, or super high. Everything with this company is a LIE, they are not upfront and above board. RUN and SAVE yourselves and your money!!

Resolution response: Feb. 9, 2019

Finally, I emailed a copy of the paper that they gave me when my husband and I took the timeshare tour in Las Vegas for the hotel voucher ( it was not a voucher). I was contacted by a Guest Experience Specialist. He apologized for the inconvenience and will honor the one night stay for up to $200.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Hotel Certificate never send it. My husband and I went to take a timeshare tour back in August 2018 and they offer us a "Night on us" and they said that they were going to mail it and they never did. This is a $200 value. I need to redeem it now and I have called 8 phone numbers and they said that they can't even give me a copy. They never mailed and they don't fulfill what they promise.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Thank you Charlene of Jenera, OH for posting how to cancel my Hilton Grand Vacations prepaid hotel package based on your experience! I had buyers remorse as soon as I hung up the phone and dreaded the idea of calling back to cancel because I knew it was going to be such a hassle. Your post gave me the confidence to take it head-on and not deviate from my purpose when calling - to cancel. Also, to not forget that I am well within my rights as a consumer to do so.

So, I called and told the rep that I wanted to cancel and was immediately placed on hold (as expected) so she could talk to her supervisor. When she came back on the line (about two minutes later), she said she had talked to her supervisor and my card was being refunded for the full amount. I could not believe it! I think the difference in my experience is because of people like Charlene speaking up about their horrible experience so the business has to respond and change. Thank you again, Charlene, for speaking up!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Very high pressure salesmanship to get you to buy the timeshare with promises of great savings with future vacations. Instead they levy outrageous fees, complicated and time consuming process to get any reservation, even your own property, and fees galore for any little change or transfer. We would love to sell our week timeshare on 57th street but it’s almost impossible. Have called their sales office and their voicemail promises a response in a month! Would love to join a class action suit against HGVC. This is a club you don’t want to join.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

The Hilton Grand Vacation Club (HGV) is a total rip off and a scam. Promises made to you when you make your purchase are not able to be fulfilled and many of the properties are in a state of disrepair. Further if you want to sell your timeshare back to HGV they will not call you back. You will need to hire an attorney to get out of the purchase.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

How to cancel non-refundable non-transferable Hilton Grand Vacations prepaid hotel package, intended to coerce you into attending a mandatory two-hour timeshare presentation. Schedule an hour to handle this effectively. Defend your right to a timely cancellation simply because you changed your mind. Keep it simple and stay focused on cancellation-cancellation-cancellation. I have impersonalized this technique, not identifying anyone from HGV by name, only by title. These steps were successfully applied today on a Hilton Grand Vacations package.

1. Call within 24 to 72 hours for best results. The agent will ask for info to confirm the package details, such as confirmation number. As soon as this is done, your one objective is to cancel, so do not discuss anything about the package. Respond “no comment.” Simply repeat, "I changed my mind and I want to cancel my order now. What is the next step to cancel?" 2. Expect delaying tactics. That's why you need an hour of your precious time. The agent will state that you must speak with the supervisor on duty. Undoubtedly you will encounter a delay of 30 minutes, so expect it and call back when the supervisor is “available.”

3. When you call back, again plan on a delay of at least 10-15 minutes. There will be no soothing Muzak, just silence as you patiently wait on HGV staff to assist you with your valid cancellation request. You must again provide the confirmation number, etc., to an agent. 4. The agent will breathlessly pop back on the line after more than 10 minutes and THANK you for waiting. Politely state how many minutes you were left on hold, for the record (the call is recorded). The agent will assure you that someone will be with you shortly.

5. The next agent may identify himself as an Elite agent. Let him know you were told to speak with the supervisor on duty. He will assure you that he has authority to assist you. CRUCIAL: Do not engage in conversation. Your time is valuable and HGV has been wasting it. Repeat and keep repeating, 'I changed my mind and I want to cancel this order now. I have 24 to 72 hours to do so under federal law. In addition, I will be adding a review on the ConsumerAffairs website about my cancellation experience today. What is the next step to cancel, please?' The agent will attempt to start a conversation. Do not engage. Repeat your question, "What is the next step to cancel?"

6. Bingo: The agent will tire of your single-minded obsession with cancellation. He will say in an unkind tone that not only will your refund of x dollars on credit card ending in ** post in 5 to 7 business days, but you will also be placed on a “Do Not Market To” list. Bonus prize!!! In a nutshell, focus on cancellation, avoid any unrelated statements or discussion about the package (e.g., Why did you purchase it?). And that is how to politely cancel your non-refundable non-transferable Hilton Grand Vacations prepaid package, based on my experience today! Yippee!!! Note to HGV: Add a Cancellations Only number to the confirmation email and expedite the process to show your Hilton Honors members that you truly value them AND THEIR TIME.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I received an offer of 500 reward points to listen to a Hilton Grand Vacation sales pitch. I was offered 4 days/3 nights three locations, DC being one of them. For what ended up being $280. I accepted the DC offer and planned our getaway. We wanted to stay at the District location but it would have been an additional up-charge for two rooms. We took the hotel option instead and stayed at the Hilton Garden. It was a bit of a PITA to get things scheduled.

As this included a timeshare pitch that I did not want. I did a ton of research. I was prepared for the worst and almost decided to not attend and take the extra room fee. We went this morning and Steve was the salesperson. We made it clear that we were not interested. He was very professional, asked us to take the tour, and other typical sales tactics. But he was always very professional and respectful. The experience was not at all what I was expecting and lasted less than an hour. We received all of the vouchers, etc that were promised for a painless sales pitch. I did not purchase either a timeshare or the follow-up promotion.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Purchased a package to attend a 90 minute presentation - actually lasted from 8:45am until 11:55am. We told the rep up front we were not going to purchase but we’re looking for information on vacation clubs and were doing comparisons. We are of retirement age. However, while he stressed that we ‘needed to be honest’ - he did not practice the same. He would not give us bottom line info on price until well into the second hour. Then it was the sales pressure to make a decision to purchase TODAY.

We reminded him of our upfront honesty that we are gathering information. Then he brought in a second manager who applied more pressure to make a decision with two different options. We told him NOT buying today. Then they send the THIRD person in with an option to lock in prices for 18 months with a free Hawaii vacation. To get away I purchased...immediate regret. As soon as we were able to sit down and read the FINE PRINT...I wrote official letter to rescind, called my credit card company, and notified my attorney. I feel like I have been robbed. I will NEVER make this mistake again. Now we will find out if they truly cancel the charges to my credit card for the “free trip”.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I was booking a hotel for a business trip with Hilton hotels. I was offered 500 points if I listened to an offer, mistake 1, I agreed. The offer actually sounded ok, 99 USD for 3 nights in Orlando, I just had to listen to a two hour sales pitch for a timeshare in exchange. For that price I thought I would give it a try. After reading some reviews I realized I had made a mistake, I decided not to book. I now just got a 140 dollar charge on my credit card. So now I’m out of pocket 253 CAD dollars. With nothing to show, can’t believe I was stupid enough to agree to that, this is complete FRAUD. Hilton, really?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

This is an organization that’s sole purpose is to suck as much money as they can from your bank account. I was stupid enough to buy into a one bedroom condo, which essentially means the use of this condo for one week a year. It cost $37000 and I have to pay over $1200 a year in dues. The one I bought was in Park City, Utah. So if we do the math and I live another 37 years plus at minimum $1200/year for fees, that puts the cost to stay in a condo at $2200/week or $314/night. This doesn’t include the cost to book the room, which is $65. So, over $300/night for a one bedroom suite near a ski resort. If you look online you can find better slope-side condos right now. There is no financial reason to sign up for this scam. Also, there are hidden fees: $299 - rollover unused points. $250 - to use their partner company RCI. $65 - to book a stay. Run!!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Oh Hilton, Hilton, Hilton. I have requested for ANYONE from ANY management team to contact me in regards to my issues but of course no one ever does or will. I got a call from your deceiving sales reps to purchase a vacation package for cheap, just sit through a timeshare presentation. Something I was not interested in but the promise of a $200 rebate that could be used in the future did sell me. Once we took our trip to Hilton Grand Vacations in Vegas, we thought it would be a long painful process to get through the boring presentation, which it was. We assumed the sales rep in the presentation would change his nice demeanor once we declined the offer, which he did. We figured the only thing beneficial to us with this offer was the rebate, which we find out later was not.

The agent that sold me on the original phone call told us about the rebate certificate and how it worked. They mentioned it was good for $200 back from any future stay with Hilton properties. We finished our Vegas presentation and the rep there explained the rebate. Not much later, we took a trip to Chicago. After we got home, I mailed in our rebate expecting $200 back from our recent trip that costs a little of $350.00. Once I mailed the folio and certificate, I got a confirmation email stating my rebate was received though it only had an amount of $100. I reached out to Hilton right away wondering why it only showed an amount of $100 dollars. The HILTON GRAND VACATIONS REP explained she didn't understand why it said just $100 either so referred me to the rebate department.

Once on the phone with the rebate dep. I was told something different than everything I had been informed up to this point in reference to the rebate premise. No one ever said it was good for ONE night stay UP TO $200 when they were selling it to me or when they were attempting to get me to spend thousands on a timeshare. Your reps should tell people in clear words "YOU WILL GET A REBATE GOOD FOR ONE NIGHT UP TO $200." Why had we not heard that from any rep prior to sending in our rebate? Bait and switch sales tactics, that's why. I asked the rebate agent to get me a manager, not a supervisor, but lo and behold a supervisor gets on the call. Of course, this person is just telling me policy after policy. Not once did they think to INVESTIGATE my claim.

Listen to the sales call, see if I'm wrong about how the info was presented, work to see what can be done to get me happy or even showing some empathy would have sufficed. None of this was done. To add more fuel to the fire, it's been months since I sent in the rebate, months. Hilton Grand Vacations still has not honored their original agreement for my rebate amount let alone look into this issue. I received multiple emails from customer service reps and front desk guest relations asking if my issue had been resolved. I would reply to each one and then get an auto generated reply that someone will be in contact and call corporate offices if I'm looking for attention right away. 3 weeks of senseless "Is your concern resolved" emails from a robot.

Today I finally got A MANAGER from Hilton Grand Vacations rebate department on the phone. She explained the same thing the reps did and said she would "move" my concern up the ladder. Bull crap. Hilton Grand Vacations has baited me to accept a bull offer that I would otherwise have no interest in and now they would not honor my full $200 promised. I gave multiple chances and time for someone to reach out to me before this option of posting on the BBB. Hilton Grand Vacations is a scam in every way even before you purchase the actual timeshare.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

My wife and I are vacationing in Myrtle Beach. A lady at the local hotel told my wife that Hilton recently opened up a new hotel and if both of us went in for a 90-minute tour the next day, we would get $125 in Visa gift cards. They took a $20 cash deposit from my wife and asked if our income was $75,000+/year. We went to the tour the next morning. It was a presentation to sell a timeshare. I asked to review the documents so I could make an informed decision, and the manager quickly changed topics. Being an attorney, I realized this was a real estate transaction. I asked the manager if I had signed the stack of closing documents, what the rescission period was. His jaw dropped. I advised him that it was, in fact, a real estate transaction because of the transfer of a deed.

We were cordially given an offer to purchase a discounted "dream vacation" without any lifetime commitment. I said I'd think about it. We were given the $125 Visa debit card and dipped out. Our Uber driver picked us up. We told him about it and he told us he hears dozens of stories a month of tourists getting taken for a ride and scammed out of tens of thousands of dollars.

I feel bad for the uninformed couples with newborns who would get duped into giving away their life savings and getting nothing in return. I saw such a couple there that I'm guessing bought in. They were excited by the sales pitch, the fancy PowerPoint presentation, and the beautiful presenter showing photos of herself and her perfect looking family vacationing in the middle of the ocean and dining in underwater restaurants in the Maldives. Her toes were well manicured and prominently displayed in every photo.

Caveat Emptor! The sales folks are savvy, well dressed, good looking, and use Jedi mind tricks. They can sell rubbers to eunuchs. It should be illegal for the purchase of an interest in real estate without letting the buyer first review the closing documents. There should be a 24-hour waiting period prior to allowing the closing. Shame on the immoral marketers who came up with this scheme to scam hard-working people out of their hard-earned money. I'd give Hilton Grand Vacations zero stars if I could.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

HGVC is a scam. Maintenance fees have gone from under $600 to well over $1200. Fees for just booking have skyrocketed as well. You can get the same thing on any travel website cheaper and easier. Don't do it! We bought the timeshare in November of 2000. They said we could sell it back to HGVC when we no longer wanted it. LIE. The maintenance fees and the fees to book your timeshare are much more expensive than if you call the Hilton property and ask for rooms without being a Hilton Grand Vacations Member.

If you don't use your annual points you paid for in January, you must use them by the end of the year, or pay over a hundred dollars to save them for one more year. Which you must use during that year. This doesn't include the almost $100. you have to pay to book your OWN timeshare. My maintenance fees this year were fo over $1200. plus $100. to book the reservation. And another $100. if I want to put the reservation in one of my family members name so they can check in under their own name. Do your research. There are hundreds of honest reviews on the web about their scam. Don't fall for it. Save yourself the money and the heartaches.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Hilton Grand Vacation point membership is not ideal if you are looking for saving money. I ended up paying $15000 for 2200 points and any time I want to use the points for vacation booking it is sold out. It is not worth spending that much money. Please avoid using Hilton Grand Vacations points membership. It was one of the biggest mistakes of my life.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I'd love to start by reviewing one of the few good resorts Hilton Grand Vacations manages but I can't. I can't because I've only been to one. The one where I sold my soul for a ham sandwich and a diet coke. They of course select the salesperson right for me. A woman. Meanwhile I notice that they selected a man for a set of women that were there for a presentation too. Wonder if sex sells?

Anyway, I tell this person over and over that I'm not interested and I can't afford it. The saleswoman starts to pout and do some grumpy faces as she tells me she can see if her manager has any deals. He comes in and tells us he's got a real affordable one for 10,000 dollars. Haha. With another ten minutes of babbling about fresh paint and free sandwiches I was becoming famished and just wanted it to end. So they signed us up with a new credit card and wrote our name about 2,000 times to make sure all was locked down.

Fast forward to today. I haven't been on a vacation since, I'm at least 8,000 dollars in debt on my credit card, and I'm seeking government assistance. They won't answer your questions or try to help you. The salesperson that promises you their number to call has either gotten fired or bought a new phone. Even the carrier pigeon method doesn't work surprisingly enough. Also to make things better, the price you pay for the points is at least 80% more than its actual value. Most other reviews that are not written by paid professionals look similar to this one. Just wish I had seen them earlier. So take it from a sucker... This is NOT the vacation company for you.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

We all know the drill. We all walk in prepared to say, No. But high pressured salespeople can suck us in believing the product they sell is so amazing, you need to sign the contract immediately. These people had the audacity to try to sell us a 2 bedroom (share) condo to be used 3 weeks per year (premium weeks) and 7000 points for $149,000. If you know anything about timeshare, the point system is new and better than the week. Knowing all this, we still felt the product itself made sense to buy but not at the price they were trying to sell it at. They came down 15k to 130k. What a bargain!

Needless to say, we were lucky enough to walk away from it. But we still thought the product was good. We looked at resale. We were able to secure a 3 bedroom, 8400 points for $5,000. If we were to sign the contract, we saved over $130,000. Before doing so, I spent time doing more research. The point system is fine, however the amount of points needed to stay in certain resorts are never enough and the wait list to get into these resorts is long. At least that’s what I read. In the end, we decided not to do a timeshare. But how many get taken by this? I had to share my story and knowledge in the hopes of helping others. If you bought, rescind immediately.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I booked a room at a local Hilton direct with the hotel. The woman was so nice and offered me a vacation package in Hawaii because my husband is a Hilton Honors member. I said yes I would like to hear about the package because my husband loves Hawaii. At that point I was put on hold and a young man came back on the phone The package was $995.00 for 5 nights with a car rental at the Wiakaloa Village at Hilton Grand Vacation on the Big Island of Hawaii. I pay in full in advance and book before a year goes by and attend a 1 hour presentation once in Hawaii. He explains that if I go over a holiday weekend there would be an additional 100.00 charge per day for the room. I understand and agree to a one bedroom unit. I pay in full as instructed and am so happy because I will get to surprise my husband who is returning from his second deployment to the Middle East. I know he needs and deserves a break.

I attempted to book the 5 days for the time between Christmas and New Year. Three different calls and am told there are no rooms for what my package calls for. I am also told I only get a standard room with two beds side by side instead of the one bedroom suite I agreed and paid for. I attempted many more calls with different dates and there is never a room available for my pre paid vacation. Interesting because I can book a room online at any moment at the hotel for the dates I am asking for. Finally I get a man who explains that the Hilton only releases a certain amount of rooms per month for vacation club and because I am prepaid I am vacation club. There are just no rooms available for me.

I complain about the fact I cannot book a room, I complain that I am being told my room is standard instead of a suite and the man tells me he can pull the recorded call where the salesman sells me my vacation including the promises made. I agree and understand it will take a few days and I wait. The man calls me back and I am impressed that he did. He listened to the tapes. I was promised a suite. Unfortunately all three dates I give as possible times to visit result in no room available for me unless I am will to pay to upgrade to a two bedroom suite. Really. My husband vacation request is granted and I now I have a solid date. I call back and agree to upgrade and pay even more to get a two bedroom suite for the 5 days. Guess what??? There is no room available for me. No Room. No refund. There is no room.

It is unbelievable that Hilton would participate in this type of scam and thievery. My husband does not know yet this is all happening. Once he does he will no longer be a Hilton honors member. He will cancel his Hilton's honors credit card and not use the company again. If you made it through this long review, I hope it saves you money, time and frustration. I am going to file a claim now with my credit card company. Luckily I did not use a Hilton's Honors card!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Telemarketing group out of Escondido, California offering Hilton Vacation Packages from telephone number **. When the caller finished his pitch I told him, "I travel 300 days a year with my job and I..." click. He hung up. So I called back and told them how utterly rude this is. Cold calling me in the middle of my morning and expecting me to listen to him, but not interested in common courtesy. I am a Hilton Diamond member and Hilton Hotels needs to know how offensive their telemarketing team is. 12/21/18 9:21 am.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

My husband and I purchased a HGVC ownership in NY at the West 57 property in 2009. At the time we purchased we were told we could stay at any resort and convert our points for Hilton Honors. We bought points and later upgraded to more points. After attending a meeting yesterday through our VIP package, I will never upgrade with this company. The salesman was rude, condescending, obnoxious among other things. He informed us that now our conversion rate has gone from 50 to 1 down to 25 to 1. This means we can stay 4 nights a year in a hotel vs 2 weeks a year. It has basically rendered converting our points to Hilton Honors useless. Also, the 5 new properties opening are not available for us to visit. We paid thousands to be treated so poorly. I don’t know if I’m angrier at being lied to 9 years ago or the treatment we received from the salesman. Be careful if you are considering purchasing HGVC. Read all fine print!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

In August 2018 I purchased a 4 day 3 nights experience with Hilton Grand Vacations to Myrtle Beach. At the time I was told I needed to use this within a year. Properties were never available, switched to Las Vegas and still had issues with properties while booking 5-6 months out. They had some available but charged upgrade per night and on top of that charged up to $100 per night deposit fees for any room damage, etc. Initially spent $200, thinking we would indeed have 4 days and 3 nights for that price and it actually worked out to $575 needed up front. Avoid this at all cost!!! Horrible experience.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

After making a reservation for a conference, I was directed to participate in a 'quick' survey with Hilton's Grand Resort Vacations for 3 free nights at one of their U.S. resorts. I should have known better. After the survey I selected Las Vegas. The only requirement was putting $160.00 down for hospitality taxes and listening to a 60 minutes pitch. I should have googled reviews first, but did it after I gave them my money. Found out it was a big scam after the fact. Without making reservations for specific dates, I tried three times to get our money refunded. We work for the church and live modestly so $160 can pay a couple of bills for us.

They refused to cooperate and kept to their script. We took the rope and hung ourselves for the 160.00 learning from it. Then, a month later, I see an additional $50.00 charge from Hilton Grand Resorts. Finding out that they fined us for not making a reservation in the 45 day window. So now they took 210.00 and we received nothing. So unethical! I told the young lady on the phone to reevaluate who she is working for and consider a more ethical choice given their horrible reputation that she is supporting. Shameful!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Do not buy one of these turkeys. The salesman said the maintenance fee was $750 every other year, but the maintenance fee is $750 every year plus $176 annual fee. And expect the maintenance fees to go up 6% per year.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

We got sucked in by the BEST saleswoman on God's earth. She could probably sell ice to an Eskimo and make them think they got a good deal. We bought on the promise of ALL THE MANY new resorts being built in Europe. That was in Jan 2010. To date (Dec 2018) the only new venue is Italy (totalling 3 in Europe; Portugal, Scotland & Italy). One can NEVER EVER get in at Portugal as the owners quite rightly use it every year. We have never been able to book into Italy and Scotland is available in the midst of winter. So it's a nightmare. The fees go up year after year.

We now pay $1600 p/a fees. For that we could book a holiday or cruise with flights from the UK. Then booking anywhere but your home venue cost $$$. Today we found out they changed the rules so the points we have can't be converted to Hilton Honors points (one of the selling points)... No instead we must pay money and have to use them next year... It's so depressing. If you really MUST have HGV club membership, buy it second hand from someone else. We are desperate to get rid of ours and think that as things stand we will have to just give it away... Please don't fall into the sales trap. Please stay away and save yourself money, heartache and so much agony!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

They did not deliver what they promised for sitting through the 3 hour Timeshare presentation commitment. Don’t use this service! They say it will only be 90 minutes and that you will get a cruise voucher for attending but they completely disregarded everything that was promised. And after spending hours on the phone with their corporate office and speaking with the operations manager, I was still unable to get this resolved. We will never be using Hilton in the future until this is made right.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

This is the biggest scam I have ever dealt with. DO NOT buy any timeshares... TRUST ME! I got sucked into buying as they made seem like it is such an amazing deal. I tried to book multiple vacations months in advance and everything was booked. Every time you want to book a vacation there are additional fees which they don't tell you about. I am so mad that I spent so much money on something so useless.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

We were offered a couple of free night’s stay at Hilton in Orlando and a $200 gift card to attend a presentation and tour of the site. The experience on site was totally negative. The sales approach reminded me of bad car sales experiences, and we walked away without purchasing anything. I asked them to review the contract before committing and they never provided it. On top, $200 gift card was not upfront but a rebate to a hotel stay. In the end, we received only $100, not sure why? Such sale practices and cheating your customers $100 is not good for the Hilton brand. I used to be loyal Hilton Hotel’s customer, not anymore...

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I would like to express our dissatisfaction with our timeshare that we own through The Hilton Grand Vacation Club. We have owned our timeshare since 2015 and now, in 2018, 3 years later, we are still questioning how we are ever going to benefit from this ownership. During my most recent vacation, I was coaxed to attend an owner update meeting with $150 Hilton Bucks for use at restaurants during my stay. I took this time in the meeting to voice my concerns about our ownership and try to get some answers while I had someone face to face.

During our conversation I mentioned being very disappointed with my timeshare. Mostly about limited availability and never being able to get a reservation when I want. I told him about not being able to get in for my spring break in 2018 even though I tried to book it sometime around Sept/Oct. He said I need to book 9-12 months out. I explained that I don’t know the following year's school calendar until May so booking spring break 12 months out will be impossible for me. I decided to go into the app and see if there is availability for my spring break next year. Since it was July now, this would be “9 months out” like he said. Surprise... No availability!!

The salesman being a little puzzled, went to ask his supervisor. He came back and said since it’s my off year, I don’t have points. My reply, “I can borrow from 2020”. He said, “yes you can”, but you don’t have priority in your off years. Which, he said, is why we need to be platinum level. That gives us more priority and benefits. We were never told that being a platinum level would give us more benefits. As far as we knew the different levels (silver, gold, platinum) only determined which weeks/months your points were equivalent.

The salesman also went on to say that if we had more points and a platinum level we would be able to manipulate the system better. We could also have lower maintenance fees by dropping to a 1 bedroom and increasing to Platinum. What??? The last time we were in for an owners update, the salesperson persuaded us to upgrade to a two bedroom. Today he's saying that where we are now is in the middle range and that is why we are not seeing all the benefits.

Basically, when we stupidly upgraded we were led to upgrade wrong. The salesman also commented that when we originally purchased our timeshare they most likely started by showing us the top levels and all the perks but then they dropped down to what we can afford, and the salesperson often doesn’t tell the buyer that all those same perks don’t apply. He said we should have a constant goal of upgrading, like a stair step, so we can get to elite levels and use it the way we want to use it, i.e.: The way it gets described in the sales pitch. He said at this level we don’t have enough power to manipulate things and get all that we want out of it.

I can not fathom the thought of going through this for the rest of our lives, and then passing it on to our boys. We just want to forget this ever happened and move on with our lives. We do not want to upgrade to a higher status, and we do not feel like it is necessary considering that we have paid in so much already. It should not be this troubling and frustrating to use what is ours.

This whole situation makes me sick to my stomach when I think about it. The fact that we used our savings to pay for this and are now worried about paying for college for our boys just makes me cry. We feel like the people responsible for getting us into this mess should be held accountable for the mistakes that they have made, and we should not have to suffer because of their carelessness. We feel like we have been taken advantage of and betrayed. So far Hilton has done NOTHING to try to make this right or to try to help me. I have been trying to get a resolution for over 4 months.

Hilton Grand Vacations Company Information