Hilton Grand Vacations
  • 1 star
Based on 72 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Hilton Grand Vacations

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 11, 2017

494 Hilton Grand Vacations Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I have received 26 phone calls from Hilton, today, saying that I have received a special for my area code. I have tried to unsubscribe, answer the questions and even asked for a supervisor. Oops, make it 27 calls as another just came in. This is insane.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Long story short, I was sold on the 3 night stay and sit through a presentation (12/7/17) with Hilton because I was interested in possibly buying. The sales presentation was top notch and very catchy. Once in the back with the sales guy he stated that "Today I will not ask for any money"!! 2.5 hours later he was asking for 37,000.00 dollars for 8400.00 points!! I’m like, “Hmm I thought you were not going to ask for any money??” I then looked at some less expensive plans and got down to the 15K range and I was actually thinking about it. What kept me from moving forward was the loaded sales pitch!! I just felt Hilton was trying their best to sell me some BS that would not work for me!!

I said I would like to think about it and we were staying at the hotel and I could let them know something today… Well, they said I had to make a decision cause they tour 100 people a day we they needed to know now and that's where they lost me. They could have offered me 10k cash and I still would have turned it down. In a nutshell, Hilton is not trying to save you money on anything. I am glad I read the reviews on this place cause it seems no one is getting what they are actually sold and that is unfortunate! I am sure there are some clubs that are legit and maybe even Hilton has satisfied customers! 1-2 bad reviews can be overlooked but not hundreds from multiple sites.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

They have the most adept of speakers for the presentation, but the entire thing is a scam. There is no discount. There are no places to choose from. They present it as if you will save money but you will only be spending money with fees. Very disappointed in Hilton. They must get rich out of scamming people. I really don't know how they sleep at night. They are robbers disguised as faithful people, which are the worst types of people in this world. If you sign up, not only will you be signing up for over 100,000 in the trash, you will not receive a discount, and you will be throwing away thousands of dollars every month.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Received a promotional email as a Hilton Honors member, for a 3 day 2 night stay at a Hilton resort. Price: $218.90 for 2 nights. I signed up, and was unaware that I would have to sit through a 2 hour presentation until I got my confirmation email. Which was also awkward, I had to call several times to "confirm" my reservation. Who does that? Anyway, I figured a 2 hour presentation wasn't a big deal, and pressed on. Upon my arrival, I had to go to another hotel to get my "welcome" packet which included 2 zoo tickets. I was unable to change my tour time to a more convenient time (they were "booked") and I was there on Thanksgiving so one of the days I was there was, of course, off the table as they weren't open.

No attempt was made to work with me. Then I was told my husband had to attend because I was married!? I had no idea, and he was not able to attend. I then started getting emails that I would have to pay another $198.70. They also note my original amount paid as $179.10. Where'd they get that number from? To add insult to injury, I was charged $104 for the zoo tickets upon check out! Do not do business with this company. Their affiliation with Hilton is disgraceful.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

YOU CANNOT SELL the timeshare and you cannot get out of paying the maintenance fee. FOREVER. There is no resale value of the timeshare. GOOGLE Hilton timeshares for sale and you'll be inundated with desperate sellers trying to get out from under this scam. Hilton should be ashamed of themselves. The thieves cleverly disguised as salespeople for Hilton should be arrested. We were completely conned into buying the timeshare. I challenge Hilton to make this right with me and all the other disgruntled customers on this website. If they have any integrity at all Hilton will make this right and preserve me as a customer of their brand. What they may not realize is how much I plan on not spending with Hilton because of this experience. As others have stated here, the entire system is set up to charge you for everything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Our family has been an owner for 7 years and every vacation has been top notch, we were able to go to Hilton Hawaii Village, Park City and New York City and have it be affordable. Great overall experience.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

If there were negative stars I would have given them a negative score. Do yourself a HUGE favor and do not EVER purchase a timeshare with this company. We went on a paid trip sponsored by this company and met a very nice saleswomen. She did a great job convincing us to purchase a timeshare, WORST DECISION WE HAVE EVER MADE. We purchased (and paid in full) August of 2017. We are doing everything we can to use the points and sell this terrible investment. I can't hit all of the negatives but I will start with everything you attempt to do has a fee. If you have unused points at the end of the year you have to pay a fee to roll them over, every time you make a reservation at one of HGVC resorts you have to pay a fee, If you paid to roll over your points until the next year and you cannot use them you lose them.

If you were given "bonus" points you cannot use those points with your normal yearly points. You have to make two separate reservations and guess what? Pay TWO reservation fees. So for example, if you have 1K bonus points and 500 regular points and you are trying to make a reservation for a HGVC timeshare for 1500 points at a certain resort for 7 days. You have to spend your bonus points for a 4 day reservation and use your 500 points for a 3 day reservation. You would think you could use the 1K bonus points for 5 days and use your 500 points for two days of the reservation to use all of your bonus points but you have a 3 day minimum to make any reservation. No exceptions. It is a total scam. Again, I will say that our saleswomen did a fantastic job of selling the timeshare.

We went in and did no homework on timeshares because there was no way we were going to purchase one. There is nobody to blame but ourselves for letting the saleswomen con us into purchasing this timeshare. If nothing else leads you to believe that this is a horrible company this should do it. I have called and emailed HGVC referencing selling our timeshare. The response for both email and phone call stated that due to a high volume of customers attempting to sell their timeshares they will not be able to get back to for 21 DAYS! They are either full of ** (more likely) or there are sooo many people regretting their purchase of a HGVC timeshare that it truly takes them 21 days to return a phone call or email. Either way it sums this company up perfectly. They don't care about you after they have your money. If you absolutely feel the need to purchase a timeshare do yourself a favor and don't purchase one from Hilton.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I purchased a stay at a specific luxury hotel - Hilton Grand Vacations. When I called 5 minutes later to make the reservation, I was given the old bait and switch. They told me that my reservation was at a much inferior property. When I told them the offer was crystal clear and I even repeated it back to double check. They said they would listen to the recording and it would take 3 to 5 days. I then asked for a refund and was given a very difficult time.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

On my yearly statement there is a voluntary fee for ARDA whatever that is. At the bottom of the statement it states that if the amount is not paid in full there will be a $50 charge. I have asked them to take it off the statement and they will not. The last 2 years they have sent me an email after me calling 3 to 4 times stating that they are waiving the voluntary fee but this year they say there is no way they can send me an email. The supervisor is telling me to just short the payment and it will be ok. I bet most people don't even see this and just pay it.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I am a Hilton Honors Diamond with interest with buying a timeshare. Please learn from my mistake, do not waste your time. All you will do is waste time. From the first call to follow-up with the "rebate", you will waste time and will never receive the rebate promised. You will receive excuses. Hilton Grand Vacations is a scam.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

They make you believe it is a great deal but it is NOT!! Wow, this company is a scheme. They WILL jerk you around after you have signed up and you immediately will regret ever taking their call. From the start they make you promises like free meals or vouchers and then they yank them away saying "oh we did not promise that" or "oh that only applies to this other package." Be forewarned... Please.

As just ONE example, I was promised a $100 voucher toward a park (AFTER I was promised a $200 dollar meal voucher on top of the $200 toward a future stay... And they said "oh that only applied to this other package in a different city...) I went to redeem the voucher before purchasing the park ticket and, when I asked the front desk how and where I should do that, they instructed me that I was actually supposed to purchase the full ticket from the Disney shop in the building and then once I finish the "tour" I would get a certificate that I would submit to get a rebate.

Well, I finish my "tour" the day after I go to the park and they tell me that it does not work that way... And that I will not get that rebate that way. I then call the Hilton Grand Vacations folks to try to remedy the situation (you'll notice a theme of "pass the blame to someone else in the company... And make the customer do all the work to fix it) and they say it is the hotel's fault and I need to talk to them to see what they can do. WOW... Basically "you fix it, we can't help you." I called the front desk and no answer... MULTIPLE times. Seriously, if you want to be treated like crap then go ahead and sign up for their scheme. But, please, from one consumer to the next, I hope you stay FAR away.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

We called to make a reservation in a Hilton Hotel when we were on vacation in Ireland. They then referred us to a sales line saying you can get extra points if you buy a vacation package. Since we know we are going to be traveling a lot in the future and they had a package for date and time for one of our vacation we decided to purchase it because they said we could hear their sales pitch at anytime during that stay. In booking the package which took 1.5 hours, it was scheduled for 3 nights 4 days. We received an email from them asking us to confirm the reservation. My husband called and they said we had to listen to their sales pitch at 1 pm in the afternoon on Friday.

We said that time does not work for us and asked for another. They also changed our reservations to 2 nights and 3 days which is not what we had previously discussed. They were not willing to work with us on either issue. We had to cancel the reservations. They are suppose to refund me which, I looked in my checking account they charged me $19.95 to do and still have not refunded me? This has caused us a huge inconvenience to find another place to stay. Not only did they lose our potential business (like I said we will be doing a lot of traveling in the near future), but they lost my trust in the company. I am not sure I want to be a Hilton Reward Member or stay at their hotels I am really not impressed. During our 17 day travel in the UK we only stay at Hiltons.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

After trying to cancel a hotel stay at a Hampton Inn. I was asked if I would like to speak to someone about getting a credit. I agreed and was transferred to another operator who sold me hard on putting down $250 toward a vacation that would give me all this free stuff if I used it within 6 months... yes, I did it :( Well, circumstances and illness made it so that we couldn't take that vacation within the six months so I was sent this email:

“My name is Genesis **, your reservation agent with Hilton Grand Vacations. Thank you for purchasing a great discounted getaway with Hilton Grand Vacations. I noticed your getaway has expired with $249.00 on file and I would like to go over some renewal options and/or location swap with you so you can still utilize your getaway instead of it forfeiting out. Please contact me as soon as possible before the opportunity ends and you lose out on your getaway as well as the money you have placed on file. I am in the office Monday-Friday 2pm-9pm EST. I am looking forward to speaking with you, Please do keep in mind my invitation for this time sensitive opportunity will only be valid for the next 48 hours. Have a Grand Day!”

When I called they said I could still have my credit IF I spent an additional $250 that day!! What?! They are holding my money hostage. They won't even give me a credit for just staying at a Hilton hotel. I HAVE to spend more money or I will "forfeit" my money on file. I said I wouldn't be spending more money. 2 months later I get the EXACT same email. I let them know I would be contacting my lawyer. They responded that they have me on "voice recording" agreeing to the forfeiture. PLEASE DO NOT FALL FOR THIS TRAP. I trusted them because Hilton/Hampton sent me to them. Huge mistake.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I received a call from the Hilton Grand Vacations describing this "great deal" to book a vacation at any time I please for only $249 for a 3 nights 4 day vacation in Orlando. The woman, Kelly, was very good at her sales script and would not let me interrupt her, saying my name about 60 times during the call, and also making sure I knew that the line was recorded another three times. I was being polite and letting her finish, keeping me on the phone for over 40 minutes. I declined the special 4 times throughout the call and she would not let me off the phone.

Eventually she started yelling at me asking if the fact that I didn't want to give her my credit card information and that I was not interested in a vacation at the moment were the "ONLY ONLY reason" I didn't want to take advantage of the offer. I kept trying to explain that she was not going to convince me and that I was going to dinner. I had to just hang up because the screaming was so loud.

I understand if she's giving me a reason that my excuse is invalid because that is a well known sales technique but after declining four times she should have gotten the message. I was convinced it was a scammer who had obtained my information and just wanted to steal my credit card information until I read these other reviews. Thank God I didn't give in to her intense pressure.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Regardless of the negative reviews, we had a wonderful experience. Everything has a "fine print". If you listen and ask questions most of these mishaps could be avoided. Almost all of the comments below, I was informed of by our agent. I found them to be very flexible within the guidelines that was given up front. The hotel we stayed in was wonderful! My three kids had the time of their life. The tour was only 2 hours. There was no pressure to buy. They let my husband and I discuss. We walked out with what was promised. $200 free night which we picked the brand of hotel and have 6 months to use plus my bonus points. We are definitely considering purchasing in the future. Again just listen, read, and ask questions. We love it!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Jennifer from Hilton Grand Vacations called offering a 3-night package for $199 plus taxes with no blackout dates. Initially she did not mention anything about the timeshare presentation. I am Hilton honors member and she sounded like she is offering me a "great deal" as I am honors member. I have plans to go to Orlando and of course I gave my credit card information along with my travel dates to reserve. At the very end she mentioned the catch of the deal which is the 2-hr timeshare presentation. She also insisted that my husband need to be there. My husband's travel is not confirmed yet so I told her not to confirm my reservation. She hung up the phone on me. I called Hilton again and found that my reservation has been confirmed. I explained the customer service the entire story and requested to cancel my reservation. This is the first time I have ever fallen into a trap like this. Stay Away.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I am going to try to sum this up. I firstly would like to mention the Hilton Rose Hall in Jamaica where I stayed was/is fabulous. One of the best low key all inclusives. I Highly recommend. In July, while staying in my family home in Jamaica, I called the Hilton property that is near to my location after researching reasonable well rated all inclusives. They transferred me to Hilton reservations to book our room. After doing so, they informed me I was selected to receive a promotional offer. I casually agreed. They informed me I could choose either Orlando or Las Vegas, 4 day stay for $150 US. They did explain I would have to attend a 2-hour presentation.

They also told me it was good for up to 4 people but 2 of them would have to be myself and my husband. Fine. They also told me, I would receive an additional $200 credit for an American Hilton hotel. They told me I have 1 year to book. I agreed to let them charge my card to "lock in the deal" on the promise they would email me all the details and follow up once I returned to Canada.

Shortly after my return the following month, I received a call from David at Hilton Vacations. I explained I saw my card was charged but hadn't received one single email from them. He said that was strange and that he would get right on it. Note as I write this on Oct 10th I still have never received a single document. Then he changed his tune when I asked to book Orlando for 4. Myself, husband and 2 kids. All of a sudden he is "unable to find accommodations" for 4 people.

I had stressed on the initial call if children were allowed as we have 6 children but 2 of them are very young and would most likely travel with us. I was assured that young children were allowed. So no room for 4. Then I said, "Ok fine." How about mid February for our anniversary. Oh yes! That is perfect... except one catch... according to David, that is an American holiday weekend therefore I am now subject to a "premium". *rolls eyes*

He quotes me like $130 or more and I told him, "No thats ridiculous." He tells me he is going to put me on hold (I am an escalations manager, this is a sales ploy) comes back and tells me his "supervisor" agreed to lower it to $65 plus tax. Fine. I agreed but also explained and stressed I still need documentation and details of the stay in writing and what our obligation was. Nothing. Zero. Now I can't get a hold of "David" and have initiated a dispute with my credit card bank. I may end up having to eat over $300 Canadian for this which is so unfair. I mostly feel stupid, gullible and scammed.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

2017-October, Where do I begin. We have been members since 2010. We have 10K points and a huge debt. We have used our timeshare often without problems. Fast forward to now. We booked a trip to the BVI for April 2018, well we all know what happened to them. I did buy point protection so I can get my points back, but I cannot get my 260.00 booking fee back. The sailing company will be up and running but their route will be altered. We signed up for a trip of our choice not the sailing companies.

Stay away from Hilton they are thieves. In addition we are trying to sell our timeshares, we reached out to Hilton and now they tell us our properties are only worth 3500. each, are you kidding me? We will continue to pursue our sale and use our points. But I will make sure that whenever I see a couple on the way to a presentation I will stop them and warn them of the thieves.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

My wife and I are on a trip to Hawaii as part of a promotion where we agreed to a timeshare presentation. Of course, presentations like that don’t have the best of reputations, but we approached it with an open mind. A lot of people on here have described “high pressure” sales techniques. We heard people at the pool complaining about the same thing. That wasn’t our experience. We had a very pleasant discussion about the Grand Vacations program. I’m not an impulsive buyer, so we didn’t end up signing up. But they made the point several times that we make a decision that makes sense for us. It’s difficult to know whether the complainers on here had more aggressive sales staff or whether they didn’t approach the experience with an open mind. I just know we are strong enough people to say no if we weren’t interested and we didn’t feel at all bullied to sign on. We would still consider such a program in the future.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I have been a Hilton H Honor member for years because I used to travel a lot for work. Sometimes in 2016, I called Hilton to make a reservation and they told me about this "great" deal where I can lock in a 2 nights stay in NYC for 499+tax. On top of that, I can get the voucher to Royal Caribbean that's worth another $499. All I had to do was to pay 249 that day, and then the remaining when I book my vacation. And... Booking is only a phone call away. Everything sounds so easy and convenient that it's too good a deal to pass. Of course I signed up and gave them my credit card. Here's what happened:

Instead of charging me 249 as discussed, they charged me the whole thing of 499+tax. I have to call to call back so that they would honor the terms as discussed. When making the reservation, they told me about 99 additional "weekend" fee when I checked in on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Clearly, it was a surprise to me because they didn't bring it up when trying to sell me the great deal. I tried to tell them it's unfair since I wasn't made aware of, and they told me it's covered when they said "additional fees may apply". I guess I should be glad it's only $99 and not another $499 "additional fee" in this case.

During the course of discussing the weekend fee, they made me feel like they are handing out free food for homeless people, that I should be happy when I can get a room. The attitude is definitely different from the people that sold me the "deal". They are NOT flexible at all when it comes to booking the touring time. It cannot be the day when I check in and out. And, they told me they can put me in the 9:30 spots which ended up being 11:30 and NOPE there is no way they can help me out there.

So... I am paying the airfare, and 499 plus tax, to go to NYC to tour their property during prime time when I should be having my vacation. Makes absolutely no sense to me. I really can't see the deal I am getting here. I have not attended the touring when this review is written and I am very skeptical in the Royal Caribbean thing they promise because one thing I learned about them is they are not flexible, they are not what they say they are, and they have extensive fine prints. If the process of booking the tour is already difficult and unpleasant, how can I convince myself this Grand Vacation timeshare will be great for me. I am literally flying myself there at my own expense, pay for the hotel at a slightly discounted rate. This is probably the worst travel decision I have made ever, and I truly regret it. Want to share here so that less people fall into this trap. Really wish I had visited this site before I pay for the "great" deal.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I booked a vacation to NYC via Hilton Grand Vacations and was promised 5000 Hilton Honor Points and $100 to spend in NYC while there. My husband and I attended the 2-hour presentation and were very interested in the Penthouse Suite, which would have cost us $133,000. Now comes the good part. They wanted us to put the amount of the purchase on our credit card so that we could obtain Sky Miles for the purchase. No way to finance a purchase of that size; we walked away, needless to say.

Now it is 10 days past our departure and we STILL have not received the promised 5000 points, NOR the points for staying at the hotel. I have made several phone calls. I talked to Amanda at Hilton Grand Vacations. She said points should be there in 5-7 days. No points. I talked to Sandy who was very helpful and transferred me to Bianca, in the management division. I was on hold for approximately 10 minutes and suddenly found I was disconnected. I called back and asked to speak to Bianca. I was on hold again, and the man who answered came back on the line saying Bianca had "taken care of it". I guess she didn't feel it necessary to speak directly with me. So far the points are not there, but I will check in an hour.

DO NOT BOOK ANYTHING THROUGH HILTON GRAND VACATIONS. They do not communicate with Hilton Club, (who was responsible for trying to sell the timeshare), nor the Hilton Hotel Chain. IT IS A COMPLETE NIGHTMARE. While we had a good time on our trip, the hassle and the runaround from Hilton Grand Vacations, and the way they do business puts a bad taste in our mouths. I will never recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I will never stay at a Hilton based on this experience! I got sucked into purchasing a 3 Day Vacation with the hitch of attending a timeshare presentation - which was ok. My husband is not able to travel so I was going to attend with a friend who is a homeowner as well. DENIED!! So I got totally scammed since my friend was actually interested in a timeshare but since I am married, he needed to attend. He said should have said we're divorced!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

As sometimes happens, things take place that cause you to change your vacation plans, sometimes more than once a year. This package is good for 6 months and then you pay $99 to extend it in 6 month increments, which then turns into 3 month increments if it happens too many times. I could have taken a 5 day vacation a short drive away for less than it cost me to re-up this "vacation" that is nothing more than a stay in the on-site hotel (usually not the most comfortable stay at that), a 1+ hour presentation of timeshares that few people truly want. Yes a lot of things happened in the 3 years I continued to try to take this vacation, but it cost me more than a 4 nights stay at a hotel. At least I saved the airfare.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I purchased the initial vacation package after being transferred to this company after booking a Hilton hotel stay. I thought it was a good deal until reading all the reviews on this page. I decided not to book any dates or even return any of their annoying calls to try and get me to set a date for my trip. I figured I'd eat the $200 bucks. They then charged my credit card another $50 after 45 days went by since I never booked anything, which I'm fighting now. This company is nothing more than a scam to get people locked into a contract with low quality properties and inflexible arrangements. STAY AWAY! I'm strongly considering switching my loyalty away from HILTON HOTELS due to this. Hilton should be ashamed of their practices.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I am so happy I read the Consumer Affairs reviews on buying a Hilton Grand Vacation Rental timeshare! Thank you Consumer Affairs. I read both the positive and negative reviews and found them to be very accurate. The Timeshare sales people are very persuasive and want you to sign immediately. I was ready to sign, but my husband wasn't. We wanted time to discuss the purchase between the two of us, to think it over, which the sales people do not encourage. They know once you leave the sales office, you most likely will not buy the product (and there is a reason). We left the sales office and then discussed the pros and cons. One of the cons that the sales staff does not go into detail about is the annual maintenance fee. It increases every year, so on the surface it looks like you will be saving money owning a timeshare.

However if you take into account the increasing maintenance fee costs, you may not be saving money. (We verified this with my in-laws who owned a timeshare and eventually got out of it.) It might costs the same as staying at a hotel, but you are locked into staying at their hotel for the rest of your life. If you always want to stay at a Hilton Brand for the rest of your life, this may be the right purchase for you. Also, you are not guaranteed to get the weeks you want. I tried a trial membership and bought one week of a timeshare. After trying to book it for two years, I was never able to get the dates I wanted. I like variety, I have kids and am restricted when I can travel, and will shop for the best deal. A timeshare was not a good fit for my lifestyle.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

This correspondence serves as official notification that we, Murray and Martha **, are formally initiating steps to dissolve our relationship with Hilton Grand Vacation Club. As we reflect on the entire experience of dealing with this company, it is apparent to us, as we have found via research also others that the entire operation is a nothing less than an incredible, slick and dishonest marketing scheme. A scheme which employs market deception from the time of contact to the very timing and execution of closure.

In early 2016, we began receiving weekly calls, often daily calls, from representatives of this organization. Because we have caller identification, we were able to recognize the toll free calling number and chose not to answer these calls. Clearly, the marketing approach changed and representatives began calling from what appeared to be local numbers of which we were more likely to answer.which we did.

The representatives were not rude; rather cordial, engaging, and passive aggressive in their marketing approach. The marketing pitch was that we, because of past stays with Hilton properties, were being offered this very special deal to vacation at one of their prime properties. We were offered both Orlando and Las Vegas. Initially, we declined both in light of the fact that we both had been to Orlando numerous times, and although, I, Martha had visited Las Vegas a number of times, neither of us had a particular interest in visiting at that particular time.

During the second quarter of the year, Murray reconnected with a first cousin living in Las Vegas, and since he had never visited Las Vegas, we decided at some point to plan a trip by end of fourth quarter to visit his cousin. Coincidental with this decision, we were still receiving calls from Hilton. We decided to investigate accepting their offer should they call again which they did.

The offer, as I best I can remember, required a deposit of around $189.00 to secure the visit which included a three day two night stay at one of their properties. We were offered the Trump property as well as the property we chose to reside for the stay. The offer also included a 200 bonus credit usable at any Hilton facility. The only stipulation was to listen, at no obligation or pressure to buy, to a sales presentation regarding the properties available in their timeshare bank.

At the time of agreement and payment, via credit card, we were told that we needed to travel within six months. Unfortunately, as the six month expiration period approached, due to some family illness, we were unable to book the trip and at that time were willing to forfeit the deposit. We were then told they would “work with us” and give us a grace period until the end of the year to book. We accepted the offer.

During a social gathering with friends, we casually mentioned we were planning a trip to Las Vegas. At that time, our neighbors and long-time friends (also a retired professional couple) mentioned that they too had planned a trip to Las Vegas. In talking with the wife, she shared it was also via a Hilton Grand vacation offer. They already owned a time-share and was going to Las Vegas purely for the convenience of the trip. We agreed to travel by the end of the year and began making plans for air travel, etc.

In retrospect, one of the first “alerts” that something was not quite right was during the booking process. Our neighbor called first and secure the date for visiting, afterwards calling to share the specific information with me so that we might coordinate. I then called and asked for the same date and during my conversation with the booking agent mentioned that we would be traveling with friends who would also be attending a presentation during the same time frame. The tone of the representative immediately changed from cordial to an aggressive, rude reaction in which she responded “It is against company policy to book people from the same area at the same time” I was totally shocked and upon questioning her she became more adamant in her statement.

I then told her to keep the offer and I hung up. We shared our experience with our friends and she advised I should just call back in a couple of days and try to rebook. I called back in perhaps three days and was connected to a different representative who without question, booked us at the same, but different slots, as our neighbors. She also accommodated us at our own expense, of course for an additional nights stay. In order to be available for the presentation, both couples had to come in a day early because of the limitation of flights out of Columbia as well as Charlotte.

On the day of the presentation, our neighbors were scheduled for an early morning presentation. She later shared that it was initially a cordial presentation, but noted that as they persisted in telling them they already had a timeshare and was not interested in purchasing another, it became more high pressured and less cordial. She also said as of this date, they never received the promised $200 coupon for attending the presentation.

Our presentation was scheduled for the afternoon and we planned around and devoted the time allotment as requested for the presentation. We also booked reservations that evening for a show. Upon arrival for the presentation, we were seated in a reception area with other potential clients. Snacks were available as we waited. We checked in at least 10 minutes prior to our presentation and after waiting for at least 15-20 minutes past our allocated time, we again checked with the desk and advised them we were on a tight timeframe. It was obvious that our time was taken for granted and not respected. We were assured that someone would be with us within a few minutes that the person was wrapping up who had been assigned to help us that they were experiencing a high volume of interested clients and were running a little behind.

The gentleman that was sent to talk with us was casually dressed, had the aura of a “low-key, I am here to help you; learning myself attitude”. He engaged us regarding our family and shared tidbits regarding his. After about 40-45 minutes past our assigned times, we advised them we were leaving as we had plans for the evening. We also were clear that our time was just as valuable as theirs and were quite agitated and disappointed with the waiting situation. Upon our threat to leave, someone “miraculously” was free to meet with us. We were escorted into a cubic arrangement of offices and listened to the same guy who had initially been sent to the reception area to engage us. We had initially determined that we definitely would not buy a timeshare, however; after listening to the presentation and asking a lot of questions some of which he could not answer or pretended that he could not, we did change our opinion.

After being bombarded with questions, the representative called in another person (we now feel this was orchestrated and this person was indeed the “closer”). Even as listened and became more interested we kept going back to the statement “We do normally make what we consider major purchases without input from our financial advisor”. To that response, the closer quoted the number of doctors, lawyers and other professionals that have and continue to invest in these properties. The following reasons for investing were also outlined to us. Legacy --- The property can be passed on to our granddaughter and would allow her unlimited international travel opportunities. The resale value of the property will only grow in value due to the relocation of the Oakland Raiders and other anticipated sports teams.

No money down today to execute the contract. Sign and walk away. They will handle all paperwork for filing title, deeds, etc. Units are moving quickly. "Just look at the number of clients here. Once in a lifetime offer at this location feel certain that given your lifestyle the financial advisor would see as a good investment." False Urgency was created to make us believe we could never receive this offer or a comparable Hilton one at a later time; and, we had to definitely purchase that day only. Rental Opportunities for positive income. We were told that if we chose to rent the property, the income would cover the yearly cost of the program. Can immediately begin booking time. Units are being bought by professionals such as ourselves so it obviously must be a good value.

Because of our “perceived” good credit we would have a greater advantage of return on our investment, because we would be able to immediately secure almost an additional 60-80K (will verify #) points by opening up a Hilton American Express account. We shared we already have AMEX accounts and questioned why we could not use them for whatever the incentive might be but obviously there is a financial arrangement between Hilton and AMEX. We did, in fact, open up two different accounts of which $750 was placed on one card (Murray has since paid this off) and $2800+ on the other (I am only paying the minimum on this account). This allowed us to immediately coveted bank points towards vacation timeshares. We were even shown properties in Scotland and Ireland and told these would be available to us.

The credit line for us AMEX was together $35,000 and we were told and encouraged that using the card to pay off the property was an option most people do not have. We are very clear now why they would want a third party to totally assume the debt. Once property paid off it was ours. (We, however, now realize that the reoccurring maintenance fee was never fully explained to the point that it is ALWAYS attached to the property... so we in fact would never really own it). We were told that we were not limited in the time we could stay in a property (upon reading the contract, there is a 30 day continuous stay limitation). The HGVClub was on the Las Vegas strip which supposedly as a value added component in order to resell the property for a profit later.

In retrospect, we realize that the material covered in this presentation was greatly diminished because of the time constraints as a result of the fact that we were boxed in with time. I do not know if this was by design. After the first representative brought the closer in we reluctantly agreed to purchase. In the aftermath of this decision, we now realize that a plethora of information was put in front of us and explained in surface terms. In late February, I still had not signed the paperwork to begin an automatic draft to begin payment on the unit. Someone named Michelle from the corporate office began calling on almost a daily basis regarding the paperwork. She was very rude, and eventually I asked her not to call our house again. I finally sent it in and the first draft of 237.17 was taken out on March 3, 2017. Effective, July 27, 2017, I placed a permanent stop payment on this draft with our bank.

We have chosen not to pay the enormous yearly bill which we received about two months ago. It is almost $1500. We strongly feel that the product was grossly misrepresented and that we were lied to about many features and benefits of this product. We have been constantly bombarded with calls about booking vacations, of which we have not done or plan to do. After one of these calls in mid-June, Murray told the representative we wanted to get rid of the timeshare and was informed that someone would call him from the Resale department within 20 days. We never received a call, but instead the email of July 6 from Senior Resale Specialist, M. Elena ** who advised we were in no position to sell the property and if we choose to proceed it would have to be paid off in full prior to the sale.

Needless, to say, we were absolutely shocked the value of the property was not what they said it was the day the sale was consummated. A drop in 15-16K in less than 6 months... it's paramount to fraud. As we were told the value of this property would increase in the future as it was selling out fast. Your email of July 6, 2017 from your representative in HGV Resales Department totally contradicts this. We continue to receive daily calls and advertisements from various representatives attached to the Hilton Grand Vacation family wanting us to attend owners meetings and encouraging us to book trips on specials many of them to upgrade our current purchase. We have refused all these offers. We have also not used the $200 incentive voucher. Our objective is to totally separate ourselves from affiliation with this organization. This is the exact letter we wrote Hilton. Disgusted. Wish we were never owners.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

We purchased our "Hilton Vacation Club" in 2009, and just recently sold it through their resale dept. We spent approx. $42000 for a NYC location, and only received $12000 back from Hilton. That was one of the reasons we bought in was because they offered to buy it back. Course, they didn't say for how much, but at least we got something back unlike some other timeshares out there. However, we aren't happy about losing nearly $30K. First, I'd like to comment on the positives. For the only 3 times we used it, the Hilton properties were gorgeous, and the front desk personnel were top notch customer service. The places we used it were Orlando, Hawaii, and a Disney property through RCI. We have a longer list of negatives which is why we wanted to get out of it. Recent maintenance & taxes were running around $1200/yr.

We weren't gaining much after paying for fees when making a reservation and paying the taxes and maintenance. In fact, we never did use the NYC property because they were going to charge us an $85 maintenance fee and a charge of $25/day for parking. Yes, that was cheaper than a NYC hotel, but it was more hassle than it was worth and didn't feel it justified paying more fees. For the years we didn't use the points, we converted them to Hilton Honors points, but yes there is a fee for everything! When we signed on to the club, they told us our exchange would be 50 pts to every Club point, and there was no charge. That worked fine the first time, but then they changed it to 25 pts to every Club point when I tried to exchange a few Club points left in my account for Hilton Honors, and then they wanted to charge me $95 to do it.

It wasn't worth it. Bottomline is that they charge you a fee for everything, and their whole exchange system has gotten so confusing. You better stay on top of things, because you will lose your points if you don't do something with them (for a fee) at the end of the year. So that's why we got out of it. We'll spend our $1200/yr somewhere else where we can vacation where we want and still come out ahead. If you do go through their resale Dept., allow about 12-15 weeks to get it all done. It would behoove Hilton to rid themselves of all the fees and make it easier to reserve a location at a time you want it, so the owners don't feel so duped.

Original review: July 31, 2017

My wife (Hilton Honors member) and I received a 3 night / 4 day stay at the Hilton Resort in Myrtle Beach SC. This was offered to us at a very discounted rate with the expectation that we participate in the HGVC presentation of their ownership business model RE: vacation stays. The presentation would last 90 - 120 minutes. Also, we were going to get a certificate for $200.00 regardless of our decision after the presentation. We talked about it and decided take advantage of it. In retrospect, we should have stayed home.

The Hilton Resort was OK. Rooms antiquated and parking not convenient. Also, the elevator lines were miserable. The presentation venue was not within walking distance as promised and was in fact ~ 8 miles from the resort. Doesn't sound like much but when it starts at 0830, you get the honor of driving through the rush hour traffic of US 17. Took us about 30 minutes to get there. Upon our arrival we checked in and were told to wait for our salesperson. Coffee and snacks were offered.

Salesperson arrived, introduced himself. He seemed nice. He led us to what I would call a large sales war room. This is where about 20 sales reps (including ours) with their respective clients to go over things like, goals, dreams, bucket lists, etc. Of course he spoke highly of Hilton, great reviews, customer centric, billion dollar company, etc. Nothing specific... Very vague. Lots of noise in this room. We got to listen to stories about the rep's travels, how many places that he visited, etc. We could do that too if we joined. We were told that by the end of the presentation, they needed a yes or a no. A response of "we'd like to think about it" was frowned upon. He says that 1 in 3 sign into the program. As we spoke, he was jotting down notes on some paperwork. Sometimes he was acting like he is writing something down, but simply underlining words that have already been underlined.

After 2 hours of that, we were taken to view the condos. When I say we, I mean not only my wife and I, but the others (reps and clients) as well. Still lots of noise and kind of awkward navigating through these condos, dodging the other clients and reps. I felt like we were cattle being herded around. Next stop... The "seal the deal" room. Another large venue with glass along ocean side of room. Here we got to talk to not only our sales rep, but also the financial person. He seemed nice as well. This person (from what I could gather) goes from table to table working out deals with the prospective clients. He presents unrealistic financing through the Hilton credit card, recommended points, etc. By this time, the initial paperwork has points, numbers, underlined words and percentages peppered all over it. I ask to have a contract to review at home. Nope everything stays here. Can I have the paper with all the financial information... Nope, stays here too.

What I can have is a white, hard back notebook, with all of documents in plastics sleeves. I can review it in the seal the deal room, which would equate to trying to concentrate inside of a jet engine... Loud and lots of hot air being blown around. By now we are well into our 3rd hour. They presented the financial information and left us so we could talk about it.

As we were talking, I see one of the other sales reps do something that really surprised me. As this rep passes our table, I noticed she is kind of like dancing towards the other end of the room, where the financial person is standing facing her. Like a victory dance of sorts... Not blatant, but kind of like signifying to the financial guy that she has "got one". She opens a desk drawer grabbing from what I could tell was a authorization form for financing, spins and closes the drawer with her hip, accenting the motion, reminiscent of Mae West. Really goofy.

Our sales rep returns, we tell him that we appreciate his time, but our answer is no. He stands up and moves us to another part of the closer room so another person can sign us out. He disappears. We are 3.5 hours into this by now. Shortly, a used car salesman slinks to our table, sits down and tries to sway our decision by offering vacations, etc. He makes every attempt to sweeten the deal. At this point we just want to leave. "You'd be crazy not to take advantage of this" he says. I (we) must be crazy. I still ask if we can think about it and he says yes, but all of this is off the table. I ask to be able to call our rep if we have questions and he says they do not take calls from clients. Really? What kind of place is this? Reluctantly, he signs us out and gives us our gift certificate for $200.00 on our next Hilton stay. 4 hours after we arrived, we are now free to go. We were exhausted.

My wife was reviewing the $200.00 "gift" certificate. The fine print reveals that there are a number of Hilton properties/hotels where this is not valid. So many, we had to Google the list of properties/hotels run by Hilton. I still have no idea where we can use it. Also, you have a window of 25 days to use it. If the gift has restrictions and surprises in the fine print, what horrors does the HGVC contract hold? This entire experience was totally worthless to us and quite frankly a little insulting.

We checked out of the Hilton Resort early and spent the remainder of the week in Pawleys Island, SC to cleanse ourselves of the experience. Lastly, assuming you've made it this far in my review, we've decided that we are not going to stay at any Hilton properties moving forward and I will not be using them for my business... Not that it matters to a billion dollar company like Hilton.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I was sold 2 vacation plans. $99.00 each. Several months later I was told I couldn't use them because a red flag was on my account for non-payment of maintenance fees. No such fees were showing on my account. Then I was told I couldn't have a refund. Total rip-off. So I guess I have to join the over 5,000 posted complainer on your site. Why is it there is nothing consumers can do? Big business wins again. Our country has given over to not we the people but the big companies rule even in our vacations too. They don't care just about their bottom line, screw you and the horse you rode in on. Yet we still buy in on the sales hype. We are the sucker born whenever. The only relief I get when I read of other who have lost far more than I have, this is truly too sad. They are hurting more than I am.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I was a fool to be convinced that Hilton Grand Vacation Clubs was anything but a heartache and financial burden. The sales people have you convinced if you wanted to sell your property at anytime you can. Yet when you reach out to the Resale Department you either have a message on the phone say due to the heavy call volume you will probably not be reached for 21 days. If you email resalehgvc.com you get this response “Thank you for contacting the Resale Department at Hilton Grand Vacations. It is our service goal to reply to all emails within 21 business days. *THIS MESSAGE IS AN AUTO REPLY. PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS MESSAGE*” which is utter the WORST customer service I have ever received. DO NOT BUY FROM HILTON GRAND VACATION CLUB. It is the worst.

Hilton Grand Vacations Company Information