2. Travel

Hilton Grand Vacations

1.5/5 (45 ratings)

About Hilton Grand Vacations

Hilton Grand Vacations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton Grand Vacations?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

The staff at Tuscan Village are attentive and the hotel amenities are great. The Vineland area around the hotel has plenty of varied restaurants and Disney World is only 15 minutes away. Would recommend!

Original review: June 16, 2021

I had an overall great experience with Hilton Grand Vacations. I did not buy their product or service. I just said "NO" and that was it. I completed all the requirements for the sales presentation and walked away. From the beginning, the salesperson that I spoke to by phone told me several times that I must attend the sales presentation in its entirety. The salesperson even stated in numerous times on the follow-up confirmation calls. It seems that a lot of folks jumped at the idea of a cheap vacation and never read the fine print or let themselves be talked into something they could not afford in the first place.

My advice, don't purchase the timeshare if you truly cannot afford it, read ALL the fine print on the contract, and ask questions. Don't fall into the FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) trap. And if you do buy into it pay for it outright don't finance it and make the most of your purchase and use the points every year. Again do not buy if you cannot afford it or it doesn't fit your lifestyle. Use the presentation for a cheap vacation and walk away.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2021

We have been owners for 11 years and in that time have used our points to travel to Bermuda, Hawaii 3 times, Austria, Montana, New York City, Myrtle Beach and just booked a week in New York and Las Vegas. We also can to go to the New resort in Tahiti in December! We have never had a problem finding properties available and even if we have used RCI points, the places have all been fantastic. Yes, they try to sell you more points, different property,etc. They are a timeshare company. That's what they do. We are happy with our membership.

Original review: May 8, 2021

We have been owner for over 10 years. I once worked for a company that had a division of timeshares, and was told never buy a timeshare if you don't plan on using it. If you buy a 4 day package for 199 you should expect to get sold something, no free lunch. After reading all the reviews here, it is clear too many people are naive when they sign up and expect that they are due a cheap trip with no strings, and no pressure. Having said that we bought at the Hilton Club in New York and used the points every year. The year before last and next year we traded into The Crane in Barbados, a fabulous resort. Also we are looking forward to going to the newest resort in Charleston, SC in November. Between the Hilton Honors program and the Hilton Grand Vacation ownership we will never pay for a hotel or resort for the rest of our lives. We are happy because we knew we wanted what we bought, pressure was not a factor.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

We went for the vacation club stay. The hotel was great. The timeshare meeting was bad. We spoke to Shonte ** and his supervisor for three hours. Shonte was rushing us because he had a birthday dinner to get to. We told him we were undecided and he offered to hold the membership until we got a chance to crunch the numbers properly. We gave a $500 deposit and asked repeatedly if we would get the deposit back if we decided not to go forward. We were told many times that we could have our deposit back.

After looking over everything and seeing all the fees and charges that were not discussed during the timeshare pitch we decided that the club was not for us. I emailed Shonte and Hilton on Sep. 2 asking for the deposit back. No answer. I emailed again on Sep. 10 asking for the deposit back. No answer. We are asking American Express for help now. That should tell you all you need to know about Hilton Grand Vacation Club timeshare pitches. Stay away!!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

For a company called Hilton GRAND Vacations, we thought there would actually be something GRAND about it. Their salespeople are sneaky and deceptive, one of whom even commented on a shared ethnicity to gain our trust. She spoke quickly during our timeshare presentation and made sure to gloss over important information that should have been disclosed for our purchase. When it came to the numbers, we told her that we had little interest but would possibly consider a low point package. She relentlessly pressured us into buying a higher and more expensive package for enough points to vacation in NY, to the point where it embarrassed us and we felt awkward.

This representative conveniently left out all the extra fees we’d be paying on top of the outrageous payments for the mortgage and maintenance fees. As if the presentation wasn’t bad enough, once we owned, we tried to vacation in Orlando which was our home property. While making a reservation, there was no option to stay for a full week, so we only got 4 dissatisfying days. To make matters worse, once we were there, we were forced to attend yet another presentation, or face a $500 Hilton Grand Vacations Club fine! Hilton GV is a scam. They make a ton of money every year by exploiting people with their worthless timeshares.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

It is impossible to reserve USA beach sites. I would like to book and am told I should go online at 12:01 am to reserve three days. If I want a week or two, I will need to go online at 12:01 am every night after to reserve one night at a time! How ridiculous! I was not told how difficult it would be to book our favorite, local locations. I am hugely disappointed. I made a huge mistake purchasing a timeshare. Please beware and don't fall for the pitch.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

We received an offer for five days four nights at one of two HGV resorts for $99 per night. We would have to attend a two hour timeshare demo, but it was a great deal. We took the offer and booked at the Myrtle Beach resort. Our vacation was lovely. The room was nothing special but nice. Ocean view. When we went to the demo my husband and I had a deal beforehand - no no no. We won’t buy. We had not been on vacation in a few years due to some hardship in our family, and this was a much needed getaway at a price we could afford. Let me tell you- they will try to make it seem like the best program ever. Do your homework. Read reviews. We were open up front- we are not buying. We cannot afford to add this to our budget. We are being fiscally responsible.

Our salesman was very understanding, still wanted to show us everything, but did not pressure us at all. When we went to sign out, we received our 15000 honors points for attendance, and an offer to come back next year for 8 days, 7 nights at $1795 for a two bedroom condo, oceanfront with attractions vouchers etc. We would simply have to attend another demo next year as well and see if we are in a better position to buy. We did purchase the one week vacation for $1795 - because it is a great price and we can bring friends with the extra space. But we still have a plan in place. And we will make sure not to deviate especially after reading the reviews from owners. That said - the demo vacations are definitely worth the price they offer, and our experience with the staff was pleasant.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

In 2018, I was looking to book some rooms for a family reunion. I chose to book with Hilton Grand Vacations because we would be able to have a kitchen area, more space than a traditional hotel room, and we believed that we would have the same experience as we would enjoy at a Hilton hotel. When we arrived at the resort, we were informed that we needed to attend a “brief” sales presentation to utilize the resort amenities. At this presentation, I was told that this was a real estate investment, but a decision needed to be made immediately as it was a limited-time offer.

The salesperson told me that I could use this investment to make rental income to help me pay off the loan. They never told me that the maintenance fees would increase every year, as well as the additional fees that are charged to me as an owner. They claimed that booking a vacation is very easy, but they didn’t have time to explain how the points work when I called. Booking a vacation with HGV is as complicated as doing taxes. The worst part is they never disclosed what the actual cost of this ownership was on a loan with a 17% interest rate. In the past year, my family and I have been severely impacted by the pandemic and when I reached out to HGV to ask for financial assistance, I was devastated to find that they were unwilling to help. This is how Hilton Grand Vacations treats their “valued owners”!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Hilton Grand Vacations called us to offer a free stay at our choice of locations and a free cruise just for sitting in a 90-minute presentation. We thought it was a good idea, plus we get a free stay in Orlando, so we decided to check it out. We thought they would give us a room at the resort because that, to me, would be the best way to showcase the resort, but instead we were given a room at a Hilton affiliated hotel.

At the meeting we were shown a slide show of the resorts and then were seated with a sales representative who explained that this was a real estate investment that we could pass to our kids and rent out to other family and friends. We also mentioned we own an RV and was told they also cover some RV resorts. Found out later that was for RV rentals, not any actual resorts locations. After a sales pitch that took over an hour, we still were not sure and asked if we can think about it overnight and give an answer the next day. We were told we had to make a decision before we left. After being there for almost 6 hours, we were exhausted and decided to go ahead and sign the paperwork which was quite large.

We got home and had buyer's remorse after going over the booking locations and realizing that none were in the areas we like to visit, but were told we had three days to cancel and that time had already passed. We later found out that Florida law provides a 10-day cancellation, so that was an outright lie. We tried to make use of the vacations, but we found either there were no Hilton resorts near where we wanted to go, or they were booked almost a year in advanced which was not what we expected. Due to our jobs, we cannot plan that far ahead. An RCI was the backup option, so we banked our points and attempted to book through them. Either the point values were much higher than what we had or there were no time available when we could travel.

So now we have spent a bunch of money on a vacation package that we have never been able to use. The only thing we have been able to use was Hilton points at Hilton hotels, but we were getting those anyway by booking through the Hilton app, for free! To make matters worse, there seem to be fees for everything, which were never disclosed. The maintenance fees increase every year and now we are expected to hand this never-ending obligation down to our children! They should not be held responsible for these never ending fees, and neither should we after we were misled at every turn.

Hilton Grand Vacations Company Information