Hilton Grand Vacations
Based on 61 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Hilton Grand Vacations

Last updated: May 26, 2018

521 Hilton Grand Vacations Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 26, 2018

I purchased a package to stay at a Hilton Grand Vacation location, however the company booked my at a random hotel instead. In June of 2017 I was sold a package for a 3 night/ 4 day stay at a Hilton Grand Vacation hotel for a low rate of $250 on the condition I attend a sales presentation during my stay. I was told I would be staying at one of two HGV locations in Myrtle Beach, SC. When I called this past April to book a reservation for this package I chose memorial day weekend because my husband is in the military and it is the only time he can get away. The sales representative I spoke to said they had a room available those dates at the Carolinian Beach resort for an extra $100 fee due to the holiday, I agreed to the fee and she made the reservation for me.

At the time I was under the impression that the Carolinian Beach Resort was one of the two Hilton Grand Vacation hotels where I was originally told I would be staying when I made the purchase back in June 2017. However, after I looked into the hotel I realized this was not one of the two HGV hotels, just a random nearby hotel. When I made this discovery I called back and spoke to another sales representative. I told him I wanted to stay at one of the two locations I was promised, either the Oceans 22 or Anderson Ocean Club. I told him I was somewhat flexible on the dates and location and we could go between now and mid July to either Myrtle Beach or the HGV in Hilton Head.

He said the earliest opening at the Myrtle Beach locations were in November. He also said the only way there were openings at the Hilton Head location was to stay in a two bedroom unit which wasn't really a possibility unless I wanted to pay an extra $150 a night. Unfortunately waiting to go in November is not an option for my husband and I due to the fact we will be moving to Japan mid July on official military orders. Frustrated but out of options I stuck with the original reservation at the Carolinian Beach Resort over the memorial weekend. The reservation number is ** to arrive 05/25/2018 and checkout 05/28/2018. I called back a few weeks later to see if perhaps there were any rooms that became available at the HGV locations but was told no and that I could check back.

Today I called again and was told once again there were no rooms available for those dates. I also asked if that was the case if we could still have access to some of the facilities at the HGV locations during are stay, such as the fitness center and the pool. However, I was told no I would only be allowed access to the facilities at the Carolinian Beach Resort. I am extremely disappointed with this whole ordeal and wish I had never purchased the package in the first place. I understand this package was an opportunity to demonstrate the type of customer service and expectations I could expect in potentially buying a timeshare with Hilton Grand Vacations.

My husband and I were good candidates for potentially buying this type of package due to the fact we travel very often for work. However I am so unimpressed with how this ordeal was handled and how it was presented. I feel I have been lied to and deceived and this is not the kind of first impression I would think the company would want to make.

Now after arriving at the hotel they booked for us I find myself even more disappointed. The hotel they put us up at is horrible! It’s 1 star compared to what I was promised. I am so upset and frustrated and I feel as though I have been scammed completely. Every time I called to ask for help, and to ask to be given what I purchased the representatives treated me with total disrespect. This is unacceptable in my opinion. My father in law is a pilot who is a very frequent Hilton customer and my mother is a travel agent and they both agree Hilton is no longer a company they will recommend.

Original review: May 21, 2018

After booking a hotel room with Hilton we were told to remain on the line for a special Hilton Honors promotion. The promotion was for 4 days & 3 nights, no blackout dates, and at any of the Hilton properties that are on their specific promotional website for $199. We chose Washington DC with the agreement that we could change the destination without a fee at anytime prior to booking. We contacted them to book our vacation only to find there were hidden costs such as paying a daily rate for parking at the hotel and also if the hotel we chose was considered by them to be a premium hotel would be extra. We viewed the site and choose a hotel in Myrtle Beach as there were no parking fees. It was January 2018 when we called and we asked if we could book in late September 2018 in Myrtle Beach. We were told yes, but we'd have to call back in late March early April as they don't have the dates of availability yet.

We called the 1st week in April only to be told they are sold out of all the September dates. We asked for other dates & were told none were available. We called back after picking a different hotel & were told the same thing. We called back at least 15 times only to speak with a different Hilton Grand Vacations rep every time we called. Each rep we spoke with gave us different & conflicting information from the other reps. What a nightmare trying to find a hotel & dates that we could get time off from work. In the end we gave up & finally told them to give us the dates that we were allowed to go and which hotel they would allow us to stay at. They said contractually they were unable to provide us with that information.

We finally asked for dates going day by day starting out 3 weeks from our conversation. Once we did this them seemed more accommodating as they wanted us in right away. Since it was 3 weeks away, they more than happily told us the name of a hotel and the dates the hotel had availability. Luckily we were able to get the time off of work. In regards to the time share vacation package, the presentation was not high pressure, the resort they showed us was nice, but the price and fees were higher than we normally would pay for a 1-2 week vacation. For us it didn't make sense to buy into their package especially if booking a vacation could potentially be as difficult as booking the trip to Myrtle Beach was.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Signed up for a package and agreed to go to a 2 hour sales pitch. We choose Hilton Head, was told we were going to stay at Hilton Grand Vacation Club or a Hilton Hotel. We were booked at a Best Western not on the beach and a room that stinks. They would move us to the Hilton Grand for another 250.00. DO NOT take them up on their great offer. It is a scam!!

Original review: May 15, 2018

Looking at my savings.com app, the offer of a vacation for $149.00 popped up. After looking at reviews, should have done first. I disputed the amount with my card company; no problem. Problem with timeshares is that they can be very expensive and the annual maintenance fees ridiculous. There are many websites where you can find the best resorts for pennies on the dollar. We got 3 weeks in highly desirable areas for $5,000.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I was hornswoggled into paying for one of these things. I balked just a little and they gave me an extra day plus 2 additional days somewhere else. I wonder what more they would have offered. Anyway, the pitch was incredibly aggressive, and I couldn't hang up. There is some high level advertising theory at work here, and I hate being the victim of it. I tried to get a refund the day after but it was refused. I actually can't remember if they said it was nonrefundable. If they did say it, they certainly did not say it clearly. The receipt I received said it was nonrefundable--in tiny type at the bottom of the receipt. Ah well. I'm going to complain wherever I can.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

Original review: May 2, 2018

I went to the West 57th Street by Hilton location on 3/4/18 and they did the hard sell tactic for the ownership program. We declined and we offered a vacation introductory program for $1,695 for 7 days. We were told it included food and liquor. When we went to book days, we were told there was a change and it no longer included food and liquor only for owners. This is the typical bait and switch. I would have not purchased the intro offer if it did not include food and liquor. So, now I am trying to get a refund. Wish me luck.

Original review: April 22, 2018

Despite blocking the HGV phone number, they still managed to get through to me on my business phone number. When I resisted the offer of a cheap stay at a Hilton in Myrtle Beach or Orlando, they piled on enough perks for me to arrange to do some business in Myrtle Beach. I was offered my choice of HGV properties in the city, though they were pushing the DoubleTree. I made the reservation in August of 2017, and was told it was “too early” to confirm, and that I should call back in November to a specific extension. When I called in November, the phone extension was not working. In March of 2018 HGV contacted me to confirm my stay and told me I was booked into the DoubleTree. When I stated that my first choice had been another (premier) property, I was told they could fit me in, but I would have to pay $60 per day valet parking (which had NOT been mentioned in the "you can stay in any of these hotels" pitch).

It was a clear Bait-and-Switch. I then opted to stay with the DoubleTree. The property is a dump—room dirty, linens of poor quality, maid service cursory at best, room service food arrives in a take-out box at standard Hilton prices. I had to leave the patio doors open 24/7 to alleviate the smell in the room. Moldings were broken and the institutional furniture was chipped and in bad condition. I had political graffiti scrawled on my car in the guests-only covered garage two nights in succession. I received a “you must attend the sales meeting” message from HGV three nights in a row at 1:15 a.m. Following instructions to delete the message from the system did not work, and although management assured me it would be removed, it was not. I was waked at 1:15 a.m. by a buzzing phone EVERY NIGHT.

The sales presentation—stated in writing on my reservations contract not to exceed 2 hours—is rigid and personnel deliberately obfuscate prices. When I told the rep exactly what portions I would be interested in, she repeatedly told me I had to go through the entire written script. I told her I had a recent knee injury and would find the walking tour difficult, and she again said I had to participate. Keep in mind if they don’t mark you as released, you automatically pay full rack rate for your stay. I was told there was an elevator—yes, but after having to go downstairs to get to the street and walk across to the building. The rep apparently thought she was portraying herself in a positive light by saying that she had made an elderly woman who could hardly walk take the tour by "walking real slow".

The cost of the median program in approximately $51,000 (with closing costs) with a minimum down payment of over $11,000. The yearly HOA—which increases a minimum of 1% per year—amortized over 30 years is an additional approximately $39,000. If you bring this up, you receive additional obfuscation or “I’m not a numbers person” comments. After you tell the sales rep “no”, they bring in a manager (again, they don’t release you). The manager pulls another hard sell. After remarking that the HGV presentation resembled a Scientology pitch, I tried to get out of it by saying I was not interested at this time, maybe next year. HUGE mistake. I was then taken to a British woman who presented a bogus “Price freezing” plan in which HGV takes $1800 for 7 days stay at one of a limited number of resorts in return for a “price freeze” for 18 months.

After REPEATEDLY saying NO and being argued with and again comparing the badgering to a Scientology pitch (twice), I then had to argue for the exact benefits I had been promised. All told, I was kept 3 ½ HOURS. I had been the only single female in the group—which I do not find coincidental; the parking lot was empty when they finally “released” me. The final hour of badgering to the point of abuse has not only turned me against HGV, but has turned this lifelong Hilton Honors member completely against the hotel chain. Whatever they offer you, it's NOT WORTH PARTICIPATING.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I got sucked into doing the tour of Ocean 22 and buying the VIP package for $1,695 with the promise of 7 days in a 2 bedroom. Sweet! However, booking it is impossible. No dates are available. All they have is a 1 bedroom. So now 2 less of my friends can join. Definitely won't be buying... not because of this but rather it's a terrible financial decision. Don't fall for their schemes, just confidently say no and walk away. You still can't beat $1,695 for 7 nights at this place. Considering they don't care about wowing the client and making what they said would happen, this is clearly just another revenue stream for them. I was also surprised to hear I would be responsible for $10 parking per night. Customer service agents sounded like they weren't thrilled to be talking to me. I supposed I would be like that too if I worked at such a company.

Original review: April 17, 2018

We are original owners at the Hilton Club NY since 2002 (we were one of the first couples to purchase and had our name with others on a plaque in the owners' lounge). We paid $11,000 for our original ownership and paid the mortgage off early. We enjoyed our stays at the timeshare when we went into NYC. In 2015 we went in for an anniversary weekend and were approached by a sales team member who said they had a special offer only for original members. They told us that we could upgrade our timeshare to a deeded one for much less than the price that would be offered for general sale. This was only offered to original owners (we were told). They showed us what the timeshare was worth and told us they would buy back the original ownership for the amount we paid and apply that towards the new contract in addition to increasing our annual points and a 2 week bonus points.

We were told it would be a great investment since we were getting it at much a much lower retail price. We were sold. Unfortunately, we come to find out 3 years later that the timeshare is not worth what they told us, it is now much much lower than our mortgage and we are losing money every month we keep it. If we sell it back they take a whopping 25% commission (this is ridiculous). We feel absolutely deceived. By the time the mortgage is paid we will have paid 2 times more than it is worth. We have looked into selling ourselves but a reputable real estate agent told us it is only worth half of what we want to sell for. It seems we are stuck and will be out a huge amount of money.

I do not understand how resorts are able to get away with this. These sale tactics have to be illegal???? They are deceiving people out of their life savings and what they thought was an investment. The annual fees are climbing and now it is at the point where we can get the same rooms on travel websites for less than what we pay in annual fees. We are at a loss as to what to do. We will never ever buy into timeshare again. If anyone is in the same situation and thinking of pursuing legal action please feel free to contact me.

Original review: April 16, 2018

For the past 3 weeks, regardless of multiple times literally begging them to remove my number from their call lists - this company has called between 3:30AM and 5:00AM! I understand they are on the east coast, but I am on the West Coast. I have told them repeatedly that I am not the person they are looking for and they just continue of with the sales pitch. I’ve blocked the numbers but every single time they call, the last digit of the number changes, proving the blocking useless.

This morning the lady proceeded to have multiple conversations, almost like she was engaged with multiple people on the phone and when I asked her to remove my number please because I am not who she is trying to reach, she snapped and stated “We don’t care who you are - I get paid to make calls and sell **”. Real professional, I’ll be sure to jump out of bed at 3:30AM and purchase whatever it is you're selling just for that comment alone. If you truly are an affiliate of Hilton, they should be ashamed of how their representatives are handling these calls.

Original review: April 1, 2018

Called my Hilton Honors to book hotels then I get a transfer to the Hilton Grand Vacation agent on a promotion and just for listening to I get rewarded 500 points. I booked the Hilton Grand Vacation in LAGOON TOWER BY HILTON GRAND VACATIONS CLUB June 22, 2018, for 6 days and 5 nights for $699 plus tax, 5000 points, $200 to use on any other Hilton hotel plus 2 Luau. Prior paying I asked them to confirm if the dates were available for the suite they offered. They confirmed it several time on the phone. They took the credit card details and the deposit. 60 minutes later I called back to confirm the dates as I booked the flights for 4 from Montreal to Honolulu.

Called the 1888 885 9533 to confirm and I was told the dates were not available and there was nothing available in the system for the last couple of weeks. Getting a refund on the Hilton Grand Vacation but the disappointment to my kids is the worst part besides having to cancelled my flights and trying to get a refund from the airline. Always been wary with telemarketing companies and never used them. It never crossed my mind that Hilton would be associated with such misleading telemarketing organizations and promo it.

Original review: March 21, 2018

They promised we could use it in all Hilton Hotels. Lies. The points for 3 weeks at resort do not transfer to points in another hotel that has a Hilton name. They lie! The communication is endless and no replies even when you employ a lawyer! You will be jipped on cleaning fees booking fees cancellation fees. Even when I booked Hawaii and there was a tsunami disaster warned they would not retrieve my points. I will never stay in any Hilton again. $28.500.00 and $1500 fees per year for 5 years and all I got was a few nights in NY. And lots of headaches. They won’t reply to my lawyer!!!

Original review: March 6, 2018

In 2017 I made a reservation at a Hilton property and at the end of the call I was informed I qualified for a special price promotion of 3 nights and 4 days at a Hilton Resort-- I could choose from several locations. I was planning a trip to Washington, DC so I ask for more details. I was informed that if I prepaid for the package I could use it any time in the next year. I placed the charge on my CC. Several months later I called to book my trip and was told there were no accommodations to call again in 6 weeks. I waited a few months and called to book and was informed I would need to bring my spouse with me. WHAT!!! My marital status is NONE of your business. I was told because this was a promo to sell TIMESHARES that I MUST bring my spouse. I tried to cancel-- made it clear that my marital status is NONE of their business but to no avail. I will NOT use Hilton properties in the future.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I've never bought these timeshares... Never would. Got caught in a moment of weakness just before Xmas 2016 - after a call with HHonors about some account issues. They asked if I'd 'just listen to a 5 min recording; and get 1,500 free HHonors points'. Ended up being a short recording about HGV, followed by an agent who continued with the sales pitch. I then paid $200 for a 'too-good-to-be-true' package in Orlando: 4 nights stay in family suite for 5. 15,000 bonus HHonors points upon stay. 2 person, 4 days, 3-night all-inclusive cruise out of Orlando within 6 months following the family stay. 1 free night at any Hilton in US awarded after the family booking. Sounds great, huh?

First tried booking a stay over Memorial Day weekend 2017 - with only 2-3 weeks' notice. Sorry, no family rooms available. (fair enough. suppose I WAS pretty last-minute)... Except: I could look online and find SEVERAL available family rooms - even at their 'HGV-specific' hotels. ('Yes. but not THOSE ones, sorry. OH - you DID see some online? Let me check. Hmmm... no, must have just missed it.' - Me: 'Umm... No; I just searched again and there it is!') Gave up on that trip and tried again later in the year - same result.

During this time; the agent would call me at random times in the middle of my workday. I have a very busy job with lots of meetings. When I would accidentally answer the call - not knowing who it was or if urgent - then realize it was them and tell them I was in the middle of a meeting - they would HARASS me to just stay on the line a few minutes so they could HELP ME book MY VACATION! I would ask if they could call me back after 5PM - but no - "Sorry, I'm only available during business hours" (MY WORK HOURS). After the 2nd failed attempt; I basically gave up - and hey: they stopped calling.

After the 1-year booking window expired (having failed to ever find availability at their hotels when I wanted to go); they called me up one random Tuesday and offered me ONE LAST CHANCE to SAVE MY DEPOSIT! For $49, they could (GRACIOUSLY!) extend the booking window by 6 months - or EVEN BETTER DEAL: for $99; they'd give me ONE WHOLE EXTRA YEAR!!! But... It was a LIMITED TIME OFFER!!! - and I had to decide to pay THAT DAY ONLY. Stupidly; I actually considered this for a minute. "Hmm... Maybe I CAN somehow save (most of) this wasted 'deposit' - and actually deliver on the trip I'd promised my family for the last year. I'll need to speak to my wife to see if we have a window in the next 6 months where we can go away."

Agent called me next day at 2:55. After that, I gave up. Several weeks later; Agent just called me again - wanting to talk about MY VACATION. Me: "If you are going to tell me that I have to pay more money to 'extend the window' - for a period over which you'll likely then tell me 'it's not available' - don't bother." Agent: "Oh. You don't want to pay to extend? Ok thanks - we'll just cancel and keep your deposit then." This whole experience was a total scam. Not only do I warn everyone to avoid HGV - I will personally avoid ever staying at a Hilton Hotel again - unless it is my absolute ONLY option.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Very bad experience. The sales person basically lied. And when I called Hilton back, they said another thing and asked me to pay when I want to switch destination. I told them, it was not like this and asked them to pull the phone record, then they put me on hold for couple minutes, and came back saying that no matter what was said in the phone call, you have to pay to switch. WTF, is like they admit that the salesperson can lie to get money and fooled customer!!! Then why bother recording. THIS IS COMPLETE BS. Terrible terrible bs. So I asked for the refund and hopefully it will be returned.

Here are some background to this story. So I booked Hilton using my point then they transferred me to this timeshare vacation deal pitch basically. I know about this kind of promotion because I have done it before at other hotels and it was ok. So I listened. Then the guy keep pushing me to buy saying that for $99 I can booked anywhere from Orlando, Park City Utah, Vegas and Myrtle Beach for 4 nights. He mentioned I will get $200 credit after the stay and I had to do 2 hours tour. I kept saying I can't decide then he said he will give me 5000 Hilton points on top. Then I asked, so what is the expiration, he said March 2019.

He also said that he will put as Orlando then later on I can freely change this to any other destination he mentioned. Then, I agree... Little that I know this was deceiving and Hilton won't honor this sales pitch. Anyway super bad experience. PLEASE DON'T EVER BOOK THIS STUPID VACATION THINKING THAT YOU GET A DEAL. I just want to give everyone warning, that's all.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Purchased vacation from Hilton for my spouse and infant. When I went to book, I was told they have availability, but I can't do it because the room is only for 2 people and my infant counts as a person. Disappointed I was told I could book with my child and now that I go to book they won't let me.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

My family and I stayed at the Hilton Orlando hotel. I got a 4 day, 3 night stay for $99 plus points and a $200 print out voucher which I was told was going to be $200 cash. It was not. The salesman Abraham was nice and the pitch with Mike was fun but we didn’t want to buy. The deal that was being offered was too good to be true. The information presented to us had "fine print" that a buyer would not see until contract was signed. Also, the back and forth car dealer routine. All the pacing Ab did, stating that he worked hard to get us a “deep discount” and returning with a paper full of predetermined calculations that was obviously standard was hysterical. There was no way you go from $39k to $12k in 30 minutes. The hotel we stayed at was nice and new but far away from the presentation hotel.

If we stayed at that hotel, we would have purchased the $1,700 rental package because the apartments were beautiful. Yes, Ab’s manager tried to sell us a timeshare after Ab couldn’t and then offered us a $1,700 rental package. We had to pay for an Uber to and from to go to the presentation! Not happy about that. There was slight pressure to buy. I can see why some people get roped in. You want the “deal”, don’t want to disappoint the person “helping” you get the deal but stay STRONG. They let my husband and I discuss. We walked out with $200 free night which we picked the brand of hotel and have 6 months to use plus my bonus points. We will never consider purchasing. There is no real deal to be had here.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

While booking a Hilton Hotel I was asked if I would like to hear about a travel opportunity. Stupidly, I said yes. The short of it is this is they take your money and it's theirs from then on. You cannot get it back. No matter what happens. If the dates change or you'd like to switch where you're going, they will make it sound easy but it won't be - things won't be open on those dates. You'll need to argue. They will arbitrarily charge you more money to keep your reservation open. And ultimately, you will continue to get phone calls and emails from them until you block their numbers. If I could give this business negative stars I would. I'm not ever staying at a Hilton again just because of it. It's a scam and I wish I had just googled them before I said yes to anything.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I had travel abroad, utilizing Hilton Hotels and I was ok with the services. However, one day I received a call from HGV and find out the Hilton has poor business ethics. Offer you 3 nights. Find out the big offer is not after all anything but taking your money. Be aware of this company. Do not take any vacations until you know.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I am so disappointed with Hilton Grand Vacations. I purchased property in Hawaii back in 2016; and now that my financial situation has changed I called to see what options were available and was basically told that I was stuck with this property and that I HAD to pay no matter what happened to me financially. This company is the absolute worse out here!!! I have called and been bounced around the entire company and NO one is able to help me. If you are considering to purchase with this company RUN FAST!!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Here's the thing, in order to enjoy your HGVC ownership, you have to LOVE to travel, be flexible, plan ahead for the best weeks/resorts and not buy from Hilton. I got into timesharing in 1991 with my first resort in Fort Lauderdale - which is not with Hilton. I decided to purchase with Hilton in 2011 at one of their properties in Las Vegas. I purchased this unit from a trusted seller on eBay for a LOT less than they were selling directly from the resort. When I went to the resort the lady there told me I would not be allowed the same trading options as if I had purchased from the resort - not true. I get the same exact benefits as any HGVC member. In 2013 we received one of the special deals to go to Myrtle Beach to check out their new resort, Anderson Ocean Club. After viewing the resort, we did decide to buy and 10 grand later we walked out with a shiny new timeshare.

I own every other year at the resort in Vegas (even years) and every other year at the resort in Myrtle Beach (odd years). It's a BIG mistake to buy from the resort. They give you free "bonus" weeks to use, but it's not worth it in the long run. If you want to own at Hilton, or any other resort for that matter do your homework. Don't buy at a resort in Hawaii - the maintenance fees are crazy! You can still trade out with Hilton to go to Hawaii while paying half of what you would to purchase in Orlando or Vegas. You can also purchase a one bedroom unit and trade it out for a larger size. We combine our points and use them every other year to get a larger, premium unit (example - next year we combined our points to stay a week at the new Oceans 22 in Myrtle Beach in the penthouse, THREE bedroom, ocean front unit).

After my first timeshare purchase, I was very reluctant - but I have been able to use my week thru RCI to travel all over the world to the most amazing places I might not have otherwise been able to do. If you want to own, just do your homework and get the biggest bang for your buck. Hilton has amazing properties. We are super glad we own with them and enjoy spending time with friends and family at their first class resorts. Good luck and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I’m a Hilton diamond member and got offered a 3 day deal at the end of one of my calls. I thought - why not? I travel and it was a great deal. I paid the fee and told them I would plan my travel at my earliest convenience. The stalking started shortly after and never stopped. They called, and called, and called. I was at a Hilton hotel in South Beach and a representative found me at the pool and tried to get me to book. I finally booked something for Vegas and went through the hard sell, wearing even them down. I left, and the phone calls kept coming. I had to block their numbers, and then they just started calling from other prefixes.

Almost 2 years later I answer an unknown number while waiting for Lyft, it was Hilton Grand Vacations. When I told the guy I didn’t have time to talk, he HUNG UP ON ME. To this day, I get calls almost daily, from numbers all over the US, that are linked to HGV. I’m extremely disappointed that Hilton has their name tied to this. Best advice? DON’T EVER SIGN UP.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

A biggest mistake a consumer can make is to buy timeshare with Hilton Grand vacation and there are the reasons. From Financial perspective, you may pay more than $10K for purchasing the timeshare. You must also pay more than $1K annual fee (which will give you annual points for staying in a resort for several days). You then pay additional booking fee, if you want to stay in a different property from your timeshare property (do you want to stay in the same resort every year?). If you cannot use your annual points for vacation for that year, you pay additional fee to save your points to use the next year or convert them.

From practical perspective, it is extremely difficult to book reservation for the location of your choice, if you need to go on vacation during school breaks, because too many timeshare owners are trying to book the same location and they have priority over you because they own the timeshare in that location or they paid a lot more to Hilton.

From the perspectives of a timeshare owner: People who do not own timeshare are treated better because they can reserved the resort that you want by Simply paying as a resort guest without the annual fee and upfront purchasing fee. You, as the owner, cannot book the resort because it is not available to owners at the time when it is available to public. You already paid the annual fee, but cannot reserve the resort at the time you want unless you pay the daily rate on top of your annual fee. To be honest and fair: If you want to live in the same resort every year and have the financial flexibility to pay for the timeshare purchase and annual fee, it may not be too bad to either invest (the sales pitch) or waste (your logical reasoning) some money and frustration on Hilton Timeshare. Good luck.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Due to a change in circumstances, we contacted HGVC regarding a buyback on our contract, which we upgraded 2 years ago to a brand new property. I am truly speechless. If what they said is true regarding the value of our contract, they should be charged with fraud for over-promising and over-inflating the value of ownership. If you are contemplating HGVC, all I can say to you is DON'T DO IT! Read on for the email they sent to us:

"I recently reviewed your account with Hilton Grand Vacations and unfortunately it would not be very beneficial to sell your timeshare interval at this time. Based on resale market analysis we believe your timeshare will resell for approximately $3,000 to $4,000. There is also a 25% commission due at the time of sale. As your loan balance is currently $17,807.30, selling the timeshare at this time would mean that you would have to pay a large sum of money out of pocket. However, if you would still like to pursue the resale of your timeshare and you are willing to pay the difference out of pocket, please respond to this e-mail and we will contact you with more information as soon as possible."

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I am a Hilton Honors member. I recently received a three night vacation for $329.00 at the Orlando Hilton for listening to a ‘vacation’ presentation. My cousin accompanied me, and we are both in our 70’s. We had a wonderful room, a delightful stay. We went to our two hour presentation at another Hilton Vacation hotel. We were given donuts, juice and coffee. Our ‘vacation’ rep took us to hear a presentation by Mike, and he was very personable and quite funny. Then our sales rep guided us to a small cubicle and made an informative presentation about Hilton Vacation Shares. She was very nice. At no time did my cousin or I feel pressure.

When we said ‘no’, she left, and another rep came and gave us another offer. It was a one time package for $1,700 plus. Actually, it was a fair price for a week’s stay at an upscale Hilton. The only reason that I didn’t buy it was because I often stay at a nearby resort for less. Overall, the salespeople were polite, informative and non aggressive. If I had been ten years younger, I would have bought one of their vacation packages. I don’t travel as much anymore. However, I can say honestly that my hotel stay and the vacation presentation was a positive experience. By the way, I received a $100.00 reimbursement voucher for when I stay within the next six months at a Hampton Inn, as well as 15,000 Hilton Hotel points. Overall, a positive experience!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I have no clue how these scam artist are still in business. I consider this the worst investment I have ever made. I wasted over 50 grand on the West 57th NYC property. A few months after purchase I had one of their representatives call me to try and sell me another property in Colorado and proceeded to tell me how bad the investment I made in NYC was because I can get more points by trading in the NYC property and buying his and it would only cost me an additional $17,000.00. Needless to say I wasn't very happy. We have had ours for eight years and it upsets me every year I have to pay them the $1700.00 a year in fees. I will never get my monies worth and you will not either if you join. Tell them to take their free vacation they offer you and shove it where the sun does not shine.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

All of these reviews contain the same complaints. How Hilton Grand Vacations is still operating as-is is beyond me. Apparently they could care less about all of these complaints. I sat thru a presentation on 12/8/17. And, I signed. I signed because it seemed as if it would be a great option for me. I love to travel. The destination choices are almost limitless. I did some math (with the numbers they presented) and the math worked out in my favor. However, they DO NOT present all of the information to you and they DO NOT present all of the numbers to you.

The details are buried deep in the bowels. It was day 5 (since signing) and I decided to really dig deep into understanding what I had just purchased. First off, they told me that an average stay would cost 220 points. At the presentation, I ran the numbers in front of the rep and said 'Wow, that's almost 15 nights - that sounds great'. He confirmed my calculation. However after looking at the fee schedule for their properties - nope, 220 is NOT an average per night cost. I thought I would be getting 2 weeks but instead it was more like 1 week. Then when I took into account all of the fees to book, change, move points, (WHO CHARGES FEES TO USE WHAT YOU BOUGHT???) and the yearly maintenance fee and read reviews regarding the difficulty in using the program I decided that I needed to get out of this ASAP. I was at work.

I told my manager - I need to leave - now. I ran home, got the contract, found the contract rescission form letter, faxed it in and also sent it via FedEx Overnight just in case they claimed that they never received it. I am so glad that I caught my mistake in time to cancel (you have 5 calendar days - at least that's what my contract stated). Also, as others have mentioned, I never received the $200 voucher. When I contacted my salesperson he stated 'I put it in your owner's bag for you'. Sorry, dude - you did not. And, apparently this is standard operating procedure. SHAME on HILTON!!! I put the entire cost of the program on my new Amex Hilton. Per the rescission laws, they have 20 days to return my money. I am hoping and praying that they do that. We shall see.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I have received 26 phone calls from Hilton, today, saying that I have received a special for my area code. I have tried to unsubscribe, answer the questions and even asked for a supervisor. Oops, make it 27 calls as another just came in. This is insane.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Long story short, I was sold on the 3 night stay and sit through a presentation (12/7/17) with Hilton because I was interested in possibly buying. The sales presentation was top notch and very catchy. Once in the back with the sales guy he stated that "Today I will not ask for any money"!! 2.5 hours later he was asking for 37,000.00 dollars for 8400.00 points!! I’m like, “Hmm I thought you were not going to ask for any money??” I then looked at some less expensive plans and got down to the 15K range and I was actually thinking about it. What kept me from moving forward was the loaded sales pitch!! I just felt Hilton was trying their best to sell me some BS that would not work for me!!

I said I would like to think about it and we were staying at the hotel and I could let them know something today… Well, they said I had to make a decision cause they tour 100 people a day we they needed to know now and that's where they lost me. They could have offered me 10k cash and I still would have turned it down. In a nutshell, Hilton is not trying to save you money on anything. I am glad I read the reviews on this place cause it seems no one is getting what they are actually sold and that is unfortunate! I am sure there are some clubs that are legit and maybe even Hilton has satisfied customers! 1-2 bad reviews can be overlooked but not hundreds from multiple sites.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

They have the most adept of speakers for the presentation, but the entire thing is a scam. There is no discount. There are no places to choose from. They present it as if you will save money but you will only be spending money with fees. Very disappointed in Hilton. They must get rich out of scamming people. I really don't know how they sleep at night. They are robbers disguised as faithful people, which are the worst types of people in this world. If you sign up, not only will you be signing up for over 100,000 in the trash, you will not receive a discount, and you will be throwing away thousands of dollars every month.

Hilton Grand Vacations Company Information