2. Travel

Hilton Grand Vacations

1.4/5 (49 ratings)

About Hilton Grand Vacations

Hilton Grand Vacations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton Grand Vacations?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Please save yourself a headache and do not do business with Hilton Grand Vacations Club. I have been an owner since 2019 and I wish I had just walked away from the presentation. When I checked into the Flamingo in Las Vegas, I was immediately approached and offered discounts on all kinds of things and free show tickets for 3 shows if I just watched a presentation for an hour and a half. This turned out to take up HOURS of my family vacation.

Once the video portion of the presentation was over, a salesman asked what I thought, and I said I had NO desire to purchase. He guilt-tripped me by saying he was new and asked if I would hear him out a bit longer. When he found out my credit score, the pressure was on FULL FORCE. He lied about nearly everything to get me to buy. The payment was higher than promised, this was NOT a real estate investment like he said, there are extra fees for literally everything. I am surprised they don’t charge you a fee to attend their presentations. Also, they only gave us tickets to see 1 show, not 3 as was promised. HGVC has not held up to their end of the contract at all but wants me to keep paying thousands of dollars a year. Every time I try to get help with something, the answer is always “you need to buy more points”. DO NOT fall for this!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

In 2017, my wife and I became owners with Hilton Grand Vacations. We were lured into a sales presentation and immediately pressured to make a purchase. Any time we declined, we got cycled through to a newer, nicer salesperson who offered a better deal. Eventually we made a purchase but unfortunately, every selling point that was used to tempt us were absolute lies.

There is no exclusivity, anyone can purchase rooms at a resort for a fraction of what we pay every year. We only found this out after we tried to book our honeymoon and couldn’t due to blackout dates and lack of availability. The salespeople also told us that we’d be able to use this piece of real estate as an investment by renting points and we’d get tax benefits from it. While doing taxes the following year, we realized that there is ZERO benefit to being an owner. This has been a total waste of money for the last few years. We have only taken 1 vacation since 2017 and we have not made a dime of our money back like we were told we would. Don’t fall for their tricks and slick tongues!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

The staff at Tuscan Village are attentive and the hotel amenities are great. The Vineland area around the hotel has plenty of varied restaurants and Disney World is only 15 minutes away. Would recommend!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

We went for the vacation club stay. The hotel was great. The timeshare meeting was bad. We spoke to Shonte ** and his supervisor for three hours. Shonte was rushing us because he had a birthday dinner to get to. We told him we were undecided and he offered to hold the membership until we got a chance to crunch the numbers properly. We gave a $500 deposit and asked repeatedly if we would get the deposit back if we decided not to go forward. We were told many times that we could have our deposit back.

After looking over everything and seeing all the fees and charges that were not discussed during the timeshare pitch we decided that the club was not for us. I emailed Shonte and Hilton on Sep. 2 asking for the deposit back. No answer. I emailed again on Sep. 10 asking for the deposit back. No answer. We are asking American Express for help now. That should tell you all you need to know about Hilton Grand Vacation Club timeshare pitches. Stay away!!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

For a company called Hilton GRAND Vacations, we thought there would actually be something GRAND about it. Their salespeople are sneaky and deceptive, one of whom even commented on a shared ethnicity to gain our trust. She spoke quickly during our timeshare presentation and made sure to gloss over important information that should have been disclosed for our purchase. When it came to the numbers, we told her that we had little interest but would possibly consider a low point package. She relentlessly pressured us into buying a higher and more expensive package for enough points to vacation in NY, to the point where it embarrassed us and we felt awkward.

This representative conveniently left out all the extra fees we’d be paying on top of the outrageous payments for the mortgage and maintenance fees. As if the presentation wasn’t bad enough, once we owned, we tried to vacation in Orlando which was our home property. While making a reservation, there was no option to stay for a full week, so we only got 4 dissatisfying days. To make matters worse, once we were there, we were forced to attend yet another presentation, or face a $500 Hilton Grand Vacations Club fine! Hilton GV is a scam. They make a ton of money every year by exploiting people with their worthless timeshares.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

It is impossible to reserve USA beach sites. I would like to book and am told I should go online at 12:01 am to reserve three days. If I want a week or two, I will need to go online at 12:01 am every night after to reserve one night at a time! How ridiculous! I was not told how difficult it would be to book our favorite, local locations. I am hugely disappointed. I made a huge mistake purchasing a timeshare. Please beware and don't fall for the pitch.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

We received an offer for five days four nights at one of two HGV resorts for $99 per night. We would have to attend a two hour timeshare demo, but it was a great deal. We took the offer and booked at the Myrtle Beach resort. Our vacation was lovely. The room was nothing special but nice. Ocean view. When we went to the demo my husband and I had a deal beforehand - no no no. We won’t buy. We had not been on vacation in a few years due to some hardship in our family, and this was a much needed getaway at a price we could afford. Let me tell you- they will try to make it seem like the best program ever. Do your homework. Read reviews. We were open up front- we are not buying. We cannot afford to add this to our budget. We are being fiscally responsible.

Our salesman was very understanding, still wanted to show us everything, but did not pressure us at all. When we went to sign out, we received our 15000 honors points for attendance, and an offer to come back next year for 8 days, 7 nights at $1795 for a two bedroom condo, oceanfront with attractions vouchers etc. We would simply have to attend another demo next year as well and see if we are in a better position to buy. We did purchase the one week vacation for $1795 - because it is a great price and we can bring friends with the extra space. But we still have a plan in place. And we will make sure not to deviate especially after reading the reviews from owners. That said - the demo vacations are definitely worth the price they offer, and our experience with the staff was pleasant.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

In 2018, I was looking to book some rooms for a family reunion. I chose to book with Hilton Grand Vacations because we would be able to have a kitchen area, more space than a traditional hotel room, and we believed that we would have the same experience as we would enjoy at a Hilton hotel. When we arrived at the resort, we were informed that we needed to attend a “brief” sales presentation to utilize the resort amenities. At this presentation, I was told that this was a real estate investment, but a decision needed to be made immediately as it was a limited-time offer.

The salesperson told me that I could use this investment to make rental income to help me pay off the loan. They never told me that the maintenance fees would increase every year, as well as the additional fees that are charged to me as an owner. They claimed that booking a vacation is very easy, but they didn’t have time to explain how the points work when I called. Booking a vacation with HGV is as complicated as doing taxes. The worst part is they never disclosed what the actual cost of this ownership was on a loan with a 17% interest rate. In the past year, my family and I have been severely impacted by the pandemic and when I reached out to HGV to ask for financial assistance, I was devastated to find that they were unwilling to help. This is how Hilton Grand Vacations treats their “valued owners”!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Hilton Grand Vacations called us to offer a free stay at our choice of locations and a free cruise just for sitting in a 90-minute presentation. We thought it was a good idea, plus we get a free stay in Orlando, so we decided to check it out. We thought they would give us a room at the resort because that, to me, would be the best way to showcase the resort, but instead we were given a room at a Hilton affiliated hotel.

At the meeting we were shown a slide show of the resorts and then were seated with a sales representative who explained that this was a real estate investment that we could pass to our kids and rent out to other family and friends. We also mentioned we own an RV and was told they also cover some RV resorts. Found out later that was for RV rentals, not any actual resorts locations. After a sales pitch that took over an hour, we still were not sure and asked if we can think about it overnight and give an answer the next day. We were told we had to make a decision before we left. After being there for almost 6 hours, we were exhausted and decided to go ahead and sign the paperwork which was quite large.

We got home and had buyer's remorse after going over the booking locations and realizing that none were in the areas we like to visit, but were told we had three days to cancel and that time had already passed. We later found out that Florida law provides a 10-day cancellation, so that was an outright lie. We tried to make use of the vacations, but we found either there were no Hilton resorts near where we wanted to go, or they were booked almost a year in advanced which was not what we expected. Due to our jobs, we cannot plan that far ahead. An RCI was the backup option, so we banked our points and attempted to book through them. Either the point values were much higher than what we had or there were no time available when we could travel.

So now we have spent a bunch of money on a vacation package that we have never been able to use. The only thing we have been able to use was Hilton points at Hilton hotels, but we were getting those anyway by booking through the Hilton app, for free! To make matters worse, there seem to be fees for everything, which were never disclosed. The maintenance fees increase every year and now we are expected to hand this never-ending obligation down to our children! They should not be held responsible for these never ending fees, and neither should we after we were misled at every turn.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

Gross misrepresentations when making sales pitches. Most decent hotels are never available despite their false claims, only the very low-end ones are allowed as options (e.g. Garden Inn). Imposes all types of extra charges when one actually tries to book a hotel. It is very poor value compared to simply booking a hotel the regular way, such Hotels.com or Booking.com, etc. A sleazy organization.

Original review: July 25, 2021

We checked in around 4 pm by 8 I was having allergy attacks. By 11 these allergy attack became Asthma attacks. I went to the front desk to tell them I was having trouble breathing. No help or offer to call for help. By 2 am we left to go back home because I was so sick! Had to go to the emergency room the next day. Been sick since along with 6 hours of driving, money wasted, no help, and a ruined vacation. THEY wouldn't even refund me! My bad though, should have called the ambulance while on the property. How does this company have so many people call you and bother you to get there but no one calls to see if you are okay!

Original review: July 18, 2021

Hilton is a rip-off! I bought 15 years ago. It use to be worth it. Now they charge for everything. Seats at pool can't bring cooler. If you are staying g in timeshare you have to pay to use the hotel. It use to be included. $24 for a hamburger. $4 glass of tea that no one refilled.

Original review: July 17, 2021

DO NOT allow yourself to be talked into doing one of their sales pitches. They promised us gifts, but once we refused to purchase, they became nasty and refused to give us the gifts. They then refused to allow us to speak to the manager. This is a horrendous company and their high pressure sales tactics are really counter-productive.

Original review: July 8, 2021

In September 2018, we were staying at the Hilton in Manhattan when we were approached in the lobby by an employee offering us a $300 credit on our bill if we were to attend a short presentation on the different Hilton offerings. We felt that this was worth our time, so we accepted the offer. When we arrived at the presentation, it was actually a high-pressure timeshare sales pitch! For hours we were told that these points could easily convert into Hilton Honors points, could be used to book rooms at the same Hilton hotels that we already frequented and that we were making a real estate purchase that could be resold at a profit later. None of this was remotely true!

We were also signed up for a credit card without our knowledge for the down payment with a 15.5% interest rate! We have only been able to use these points for ONE hotel stay in Chicago, the conversion rate is awful, there is no rental or resale market, and there are ENDLESS fees above and beyond the cost of ownership. Had ANY of this been disclosed properly, we never would have agreed to this purchase! We believed that Hilton was a brand that could be trusted!!

Original review: July 7, 2021

I CAN'T BELIEVE HILTON HAS LOWERED THEIR STANDARDS. I am convinced that if Budget Inn or a motel had a grand vacation package it would be two times better that what I am dealing with right now. Please if you get an offer for a stay at a hotel do not do it. We book a stay in Hawaii for over $850 and the HGV group put us in a hotel that is located approximately 2 miles away from the Hilton Village Resort. What they did was they pick a nearby Hilton and added the word Resort to the end of it and tricks begin.

Trust me. Stay away from Hilton. I think they also pass judgement over who you are just by your name. STAY AWAY from this nightmare. Long story short the hotel they put us in was 199 a night so we saved $200 woo when they promised to save us $1000s. Bunch of **. I will contact the Attorney General next if they continue with the lies. I also have all the emails they provide me changing the name of the Hotel added the word Resort to a basic hotel.

Original review: June 26, 2021

We first became familiar with Hilton Grand Vacations when we received a call offering us a free trip to Orlando if we were to attend an hour long sales presentation. Since our daughter lived in the area, we decided to accept. On the day of the presentation, we were kept in that room for over 4 hours! We met with multiple members of the sales staff and told them over and over that we were not interested in purchasing, that this was more than we could afford, and that we would revisit the decision at a later date. We were told that this was a real estate investment, that we would be able to travel to locations all over the world while saving a significant amount on travel, and that once the loan was paid off, we would be able to sell this at a profit. NONE OF THIS WAS TRUE!

They also coerced us into signing up for an American Express card with a 17% interest rate which was used for the down payment because we couldn’t afford a down payment. There are SO MANY FEES that weren’t disclosed to us. With the mortgage payment, interest, maintenance fees, booking fees, etc. we could book travel online with Priceline and save thousands of dollars every year. Later we learned that our daughter would inherit this financial obligation when we die. This is absolutely heartbreaking! We never wanted to put our children in this situation. We have tried to work with Hilton Grand Vacations, but they just ignore us. The Hilton name can no longer be trusted, and we will never stay in a Hilton hotel again! DO NOT BUY A TIMESHARE FROM HILTON GRAND VACATIONS!

Original review: June 25, 2021

When we received a call from Hilton Grand Vacations offering us a stay in Las Vegas for a reduced rate, we thought it was a great idea. When we arrived at the required presentation, we were told that we could leave this to our children in the future, that this was a deeded real estate property, that we would be eligible for reduced rates on all Hilton rooms, and that if we ever wanted out as timeshare owners, we could sell this back to HGVC. They even added a first right of refusal on the buyback option. We now know none of this is true! While our children CAN inherit this, what they really would be getting is the continuous obligation of increasing maintenance fees. This is not something any parent wants to give their children! When we have tried to book rooms at the “reduced owner rate” we have learned that this is always full price – sometimes more than you can find the rooms at sites like Hotels.com.

The reservation system is extremely difficult to use and the resorts they showed us in Europe were never available which is why bought this in the first place. Dissatisfied, we reached out to HGVC to take this back, as we were promised in the original meeting. After 6 months and several follow ups, we still have not received a response! We thought that Hilton Grand Vacations was a reputable company since we believed they had the Hilton name. We no longer trust them or the Hilton brand at all!

Original review: June 23, 2021

When we received a call from Hilton offering us a discounted 4-day trip to Orlando if we were to attend a short presentation, we thought it was a great offer. Instead, we spent over half a day in a high-pressure sales situation where we made a purchase solely because we felt like it was the only way we could leave. Since becoming “owners” with Hilton Grand Vacations, all we have are disappointments. The points are impossible to use, there is no value, it cannot be resold, and we cannot rent out the unit for income like we were told.

There are never available resorts for the times we’ve tried to book a vacation. This was supposed to be a private membership that was exclusive to owners, but that was just one of the many lies they told us. Later, we were contacted to purchase more points under the guise that this would allow us greater availability. Another lie! All we have gained are more fees and more debt. I never thought that a company with a reputation like Hilton would that treats their customers like this. The Hilton name isn’t what it used to be and it's absolutely shameful!

Original review: June 16, 2021

I had an overall great experience with Hilton Grand Vacations. I did not buy their product or service. I just said "NO" and that was it. I completed all the requirements for the sales presentation and walked away. From the beginning, the salesperson that I spoke to by phone told me several times that I must attend the sales presentation in its entirety. The salesperson even stated in numerous times on the follow-up confirmation calls. It seems that a lot of folks jumped at the idea of a cheap vacation and never read the fine print or let themselves be talked into something they could not afford in the first place.

My advice, don't purchase the timeshare if you truly cannot afford it, read ALL the fine print on the contract, and ask questions. Don't fall into the FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) trap. And if you do buy into it pay for it outright don't finance it and make the most of your purchase and use the points every year. Again do not buy if you cannot afford it or it doesn't fit your lifestyle. Use the presentation for a cheap vacation and walk away.

Original review: June 14, 2021

When I called Hilton Honors to book a room for a trip, I was asked if I wanted to receive a discounted trip to Orlando. The only catch was that I needed to attend a brief presentation with Hilton Grand Vacations while I was there. We agreed and when we arrived at the presentation, we had our four kids with us. This was NOT brief! We were in that room for more than 4 hours!!

This was a very stressful situation because we had to deal with our children, exhausted and bored from this lengthy meeting, yet the sales staff would not let up. They used this to their advantage and did not care about the way my family and I felt. My wife and I were not interested in buying a timeshare because we were in the middle of buying a home, which we told them COUNTLESS times. We did not want anything to affect our credit but the salesmen at Hilton Grand Vacation continued to reassure us that the purchase of a timeshare would not show up on our credit history, BUT IT DID go on our credit history.

They told us that we could use this membership to stay at any Hilton hotel for $59/night, which we later found out is a $595 BOOKING FEE to be able to book the room as a Hilton Grand Vacations member! This was supposed to an investment of real estate and had true value, but I can go online and book a week in Orlando for $595, so where is the value??? It was all lies! As a Hilton Honors member, I trusted that they wouldn’t lead me astray, but I was clearly wrong.

Original review: June 11, 2021

When we were offered a discounted stay from Hilton Honors if we were to attend a timeshare sales presentation, we decided to accept. When we arrived at Sunrise Lodge with our daughter, we attended the required presentation that was nowhere near short. It took almost an entire day! They told us that by making this purchase we would be buying a piece of real estate that would build equity and could be willed to our children. They neglected to mention that there were maintenance fees associated with ownership, that these could increase every year with no cap, the interest rate on the loan, or the true cost of this purchase.

When we returned home, we believed that we were genuine owners of a piece of a resort in Utah. However, whenever we have tried to utilize this, we are unable to book ANYTHING during ski season! We continue to pay for this month-after-month with nothing to show for it. The costs have increased to the point that this is placing significant financial strain on our family, yet we cannot even utilize it! We never thought that Hilton would allow their clientele to be treated in this manner! SHAME ON YOU HILTON!

Original review: June 9, 2021

Please think twice before deciding to own Hilton Timeshare or upgrade. I would love to share all the crazy stories and lies we heard but basically it is a joke. Unless you want to go to one of the same 3 Orlando resorts over and over it is literally impossible to get in to other resorts they show you. Our last experience was with Kathy ** in Myrtle Beach. We really thought we could trust her and she understood our frustrations. Basically they tell you lies to get you to upgrade then once paperwork is signed they keep telling you to be patient getting reservations at resorts outside Orlando. Please step back and take a minute before signing paperwork.

Original review: June 9, 2021

We first visited Hilton Grand Vacations as guests of my sister-in-law. When we arrived, we were told by Hilton Grand Vacations that there was a mandatory sales presentation we had to attend, even though we were not owners. We thought this was strange but agreed since it was only supposed to be an hour. The amount of pressure we felt during this sales presentation was no joke. Hilton’s salespeople are schooled on how to push people into buying. It is as if the only way out is to give in just to get out of there. We spent close to 8 hours listening to them tell us that this was a real estate investment that would increase in value & our kids could inherit, that the resorts were private, a representative who would assist in planning trips and that we would be able to travel anywhere at any time.

Everything they told us turned out to be lies! Then there is all the stuff they DON’T tell you, the increasing maintenance costs, the terms of the loan (our interest rate was 15%), the cancellation period that you have, or the endless array of fees. THERE ARE SO MANY FEES! Why would we want to leave this to our kids?! They are aware people want to leave and they take advantage of that. It is honestly a big mess to get into. I advise people not to attend these presentations unless you want to ruin your trip and your savings account. We thought we were part of the Hilton family and now that name means nothing to us!

Original review: May 26, 2021

I have been a Hilton Honors member for years, and very dedicated to Hilton I might add. Last year we booked a 3 night stay in Las Vegas but had to cancel due to Covid. No refund but could reschedule for a later date. Well trying to rebook has been a complete headache. Finally found dates that the airfare is affordable, but no rooms available at the hotel of our choice. Oh but I can upgrade for $75/night! NO THANK YOU. I can book a handful of hotels on the strip for cheaper than this "awesome deal" they offered me. (With no timeshare presentation to have to attend.) Just airfare alone has already cost me a lot more than our original booking. If this is how they treat their guest I no longer want to be involved with Hilton.

Original review: May 17, 2021

We have been owners for 11 years and in that time have used our points to travel to Bermuda, Hawaii 3 times, Austria, Montana, New York City, Myrtle Beach and just booked a week in New York and Las Vegas. We also can to go to the New resort in Tahiti in December! We have never had a problem finding properties available and even if we have used RCI points, the places have all been fantastic. Yes, they try to sell you more points, different property,etc. They are a timeshare company. That's what they do. We are happy with our membership.

Original review: May 8, 2021

We have been owner for over 10 years. I once worked for a company that had a division of timeshares, and was told never buy a timeshare if you don't plan on using it. If you buy a 4 day package for 199 you should expect to get sold something, no free lunch. After reading all the reviews here, it is clear too many people are naive when they sign up and expect that they are due a cheap trip with no strings, and no pressure. Having said that we bought at the Hilton Club in New York and used the points every year. The year before last and next year we traded into The Crane in Barbados, a fabulous resort. Also we are looking forward to going to the newest resort in Charleston, SC in November. Between the Hilton Honors program and the Hilton Grand Vacation ownership we will never pay for a hotel or resort for the rest of our lives. We are happy because we knew we wanted what we bought, pressure was not a factor.

Original review: May 7, 2021

Wow, where to start. I bought into this thinking it would be easy to use and we could vacation at all these great Hilton locations. WRONG! It's nothing like they tell you. Six years and I haven't been able to get into a Hilton location that I wanted once! I even waited until midnight for a solid week trying to be the fastest person to complete the registration for a location (9 months in advance), and when I did suddenly get one, it got taken from me before I could enter the credit card info. Less than 15 seconds!

Here is the worst part. In 2018, my wife was diagnosed with ALL (one of the worst types of Leukemia). Before she went for a STEM cell transplant in 2019, I called to try to get some changes made to reduce costs. We were paying all the non-medical costs out of our pockets and getting ready to spend 4 months in Nashville in a hotel for the transplant. The changes were not as expected. It did reduce my Maint Fees but not my monthly. I didn't have time to deal with it and kept making payments. 2020, COVID hits. My wife is immunosuppressed, taking oral chemo, and can't be in direct sun because of the STEM transplant (like EVER! A minor sunburn, from UV-A/UV-B, the size of a dime reverses STEM cells and they eat you alive. There is no way to stop it).

On top of this my wife is unable to work due to all side effects from chemo and STEM transplant and now on 100% Disability from Soc. Sec. I notified HGV in Feb 2021 we were not making any more payments (we are going into heavy debt at this point and can't go to 90% of their locations anymore because they are based on sun/sand/water). HGV sends me a cute form to fill out regarding our situation. It literally has a section regarding severe illness/cancer/etc.

I submit the form with my wife's medical diagnosis paperwork clearly showing her cancer and STEM transplant (on top of a bunch of pre-existing that are now only worse), her Disability papers, and a full financial breakdown they request to be filled out showing the impact of her being on Disability has made to our finances. Response - Request to Transfer Property Denied! Now it's hitting my credit for non-payment (which at this point doesn't matter to me since I have more important bills to handle and have had EXCELLENT credit for 25+ years). I also secured a very large loan (unreported on credit) before it happened so I could consolidate most bills. So here it is:

WARNING: Do not sign for or buy anything with HGV. You will be wasting $ and very unhappy. I don't know who reviews the medical and financial info submitted, but I guess someone has to DIE for them to even possibly consider doing the right thing. BTW, I had the exact opposite experience with Holiday Inn Club Vacations. Always able to get in, much lower overall costs at the time, and we were able to get the loan wiped away when we encountered our current situation.

Original review: May 6, 2021

I called Hilton Honors to make a reservation, when I was done they transferred me to another line, did not know it was Hilton Grand Vacations, was never told it was a time share scam, was told it was a deal for future travel at a discount, even told them the Hotel I wanted in New York, he said I could do this, never mentioned a tour or commitment. Very disappointed in Hilton Honors for doing this, currently waiting a refund for lies they told me. Do not accept deals from Hilton.

Original review: May 4, 2021

On April 28, 2021, Wednesday, I called Hampton Inn in New Smyrna Beach (386-898-9444) and made reservation for two days with our dogs. After the reservation, the person asked if I would hold on for one of their big promotions. I agreed, since we are looking for somewhere to go on vacation w/o the dogs. He transferred me to Hilton Grand Vacations where a female agent spent half an hour explaining they had a great package to a number of their resorts, 4 days & 3 nights. Normally it would cost over $900 but if we would take their tour which runs about 2 hours, it would only cost $199 plus tax. She asked me which resort and out of about 10 she mentioned I told her Hilton Head, SC. as we had never been there. She told me she would email me all the specifics after our call including our confirmation number and our reservation number. We had 18 months to decide on a date.

After hanging up with her, I checked out Hilton Grand Vacations on Better Business Bureau. They had an abysmal rating of 1.1 from 370 customer reviews. All said to stay away, that the pressure of the sales presentation is so intense, many gave in just to be able to get out after being harassed so severely example: (1) “They hammered us for several hours. Tag teamed us when they could see we had no interest. Moved us to different areas to speak with higher level sales representatives - using different approaches and tactics to convince us to buy. After over 2 HOURS of listening and seeing their slideshows and wanting to get the heck out, signing seemed to be the only option left…” (2) Another, “HGVC IS A SCAM. We were completely lied to about everything.” Many haven’t been able to make their initial reservation at any of their resorts in over 18 months.

From Consumer Affairs website, “We had been members of Hilton Honors for several years when we were contacted and offered a free trip to Las Vegas if we were to attend a 2-hour presentation about Hilton Grand Vacations during our stay. Who would say no to that? When we arrived at the presentation, we quickly learned that this was a high-pressure sales pitch. We told the staff countless times that we were not interested in making a purchase, yet they continued to pressure us for well over 4 hours...”

Seeing these reviews, I knew I wanted nothing to do with Hilton Grand Vacations. The next day I still hadn’t received any email with the specifics of what I was presented over the phone. I called them back and was told these packages are non-refundable and that should have been explained to me. It wasn’t, so I asked for a refund on my credit card. She put me on hold for about 10 minutes and came back stating they would have to review the recorded call and would get back to me within 72 hours with their verdict. It is now May 4, 2021, Tuesday and still no email, no call, no communication from HGV.

Called HGV back, May 4, 2021 at 2:06pm. Talked with a Dillion who checked my account and he informed they reviewed the tape and found she (original agent) DID NOT inform me it was non-refundable/non-transferable so it was gross misinformation on their part. He said they are refunding my credit card and that it will take 5-7 business. I guess I’m one of the lucky ones. Note: when dealing with these types, record date, time, person you spoke with and any status update.

Original review: April 20, 2021

As we got deeper into this meeting, they started to tell us things like this was a real estate investment that we could will it to our kids when we died, that we could visit any of their exclusive, members-only resorts, and that we could utilize RCI if there was no HGV property in the location that we wanted to visit. We have since learned that there are fees associated with transferring the points and if we try to transfer them to Hilton Honors, the exchange rate is absurd! We have tried to reach out to HGV to get answers to our concerns, but they just ignore us. We thought a company like Hilton could be trusted!

Hilton Grand Vacations Company Information