Hilton Grand Vacations

Hilton Grand Vacations

1.2/5 (72 ratings)

About Hilton Grand Vacations

Hilton Grand Vacations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton Grand Vacations?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

Original review: May 26, 2022

On Apr 19, 2022, I booked a HGV 6 days/5 nights stay at Hilton Waikiki Village for Jul 25-Jul 30. I paid the deposit of $864.56.00 ($99 more "otherwise I lose the hotel") with the stipulation that the package could be moved to another location and dates changed without incurring addition fees (zero fee for rescheduling or cancellation 15 days prior to trip date). I confirmed this with Preeta (HGV staff) numerous times and just before hanging up the phone, with Preeta assuring me everything is set per my conditions. Today 5/26, I received an email from HGV asking to confirm booking for "DoubleTree Hilton Waikiki". I called HGV to inquire why my hotel was changed without my authorization. I spoke with Antoinette who informed me that Waikiki Village is not available, that they make no such promise after I reminded her that my booking was confirmed and guaranteed back in 4/19 by HGV (Preeta).

Antoinette said she saw the messages but can't do anything and that they don't really refund after I demanded a refund if they cannot accommodate my previous guaranteed booking. Although it was noted I would need specific accommodations citing "special occasion and circumstance" on the reservation, HGV clearly did not honor their guarantee. No one at Hilton Grand Vacations could provide an adequate answer for the screw up.

HGV basically gave me a run around and a bunch of excuses without acknowledging their mistake- in fact, making it seem like I was at fault!- and after threatening to inform American Express and Hilton of what occurred, HGV said they will eventually refund my money within 3-5 business days. I asked that they refund it the soonest possible. Given how close we are to said vacation date, it is difficult and expensive to book a new trip somewhere else. This is a very clear example of a bait and switch on the part of Hilton Grand Vacation. I would like a refund.

Original review: May 26, 2022

DO NOT get involved with Hilton Grand Vacations. Their timeshare division has ruined the good Hilton name. Talk about false advertising…What they tell you in their timeshare sales pitch is not consistent with the truth! The total cost of ownership far outweighs any potential discounts. No point in “owning” a timeshare with Hilton, you’re better off booking online. One of the selling factors was that I could rent out my timeshare membership to make a profit but that was just a lie! The details in financing weren’t properly disclosed at the time of purchase!

Hilton Grand Vacations are NOT an “investment” but just an outdated bait and switch where they sucker you into a lifetime of debt. You must pay for the upkeep of the property for life and those cost go up! Even when you don’t use it. The availability for owners is garbage but others can easily book online and not have this awful contractual obligation looming over them. It’s baffling that they are getting away with this SCAM. Look at what other people are saying. So many fees and gimmicks! Do your loved ones a favor and STAY AWAY form Hilton Grand Vacations! Hilton used to seem like a great company but they’re purposely scamming innocent people. They truly deserve ZERO STARS!

Original review: May 25, 2022

Hilton now owns Diamond Resorts, so they now own this review. This is a review on their sales practices and operational incompetence. We haven't even had a chance to stay in any of their properties yet due to the complete mismanagement of our contract since Day 1. During the presentation, our Sales Representative (Rob **) made a couple statements to us that the company has not fulfilled. First, he stated that the company would cover ALL transportation costs while we were in Las Vegas. This included the Uber rides to and from the airport as well as during our stay. He attempted to link us up with the company's Flex ride program, which worked for a day - but after that he told me to just e-mail him receipts of all Uber/cab rides and we'd be reimbursed. Second, he told us that we'd receive a tablet in the mail in 4-6 weeks that we would use to go over all orientation information.

I e-mailed him all the Uber receipts for reimbursement on March 25th and we exchanged text messages over the subsequent weeks, but the reimbursements never came. Neither did the tablet. On April 25th, I text him yet again asking for updates on both. He responded the next day telling me he'd look into it and follow up with me. That was the last time I ever heard from him.

About a week later, I get a phone call from a woman named Kim with Hilton telling me that I need to book my orientation trip or we'd lose it. I was confused because I hadn't heard anything about an orientation trip, but I scheduled one anyways because I was told I could reschedule if necessary at no additional cost. This cost me $150 to book. A couple days later, Kim calls back telling me that I need to authorize her to allow for phone calls, otherwise she can't talk to me over the phone and probably shouldn't have called the other day. I tell her that authorization is fine. It's at this time that I start getting really uncomfortable with the company. We decide we don't want to be part of a company that is so mismanaged and unable to live up to even the simplest promises made at the very beginning of our agreement.

On May 9th I tried calling Diamond Resorts to cancel our membership. The phone number that is listed on the Diamond Resorts congratulations letter sent me to a call center for Hilton, who said they cannot help me since I'm actually a member of Diamond Resorts. They gave me a phone number for Diamond and transferred me. I waited on hold for 15 minutes before finally reaching a representative at Diamond Resorts that told me that she couldn't help me and needed to transfer me to the Transitions team. Again, I was given a phone number and waited on hold for probably another 15 minutes before I had to hang up and take care of other business.

I found a page on the Diamond Resorts website that allowed me to submit information directly to the Transitions team with my concerns. I submitted my information and requested a full refund since we were brand new and hadn't received any benefits or taken any trips. I was surprised that no e-mail was automatically generated stating that the information was received or that someone would be following up with me.

On May 12th, after hearing nothing back from the Transitions team or our Sales Rep, I called the Transitions Team again. At 11:18 am EST on a Thursday, there's an automatic message stating that it's outside of business hours and to leave a message and a representative would call me back within a day or two. However, this didn't allow me to leave a voicemail and instead redirected me back to Hilton. Here we go again. Hilton can't help, so they transfer me.

The person they transfer me to can't help, so they have me hold the line until noon, when someone would finally pick up the phone. Eventually, I spoke with Tara ** at the Transitions team. She tells me that this is the wrong team because this is for people who have had their contracts for at least 6 months. She doesn't even see that the message I sent from their website was ever received, so she crafts an e-mail and sends it to the Assistance team. I'm told to await their response, which may take a week to 10 days.

On Friday, May 13th, I'm contacted by Samantha ** from the Assistance team. I go over everything with her and tell her I can forward all the text messages between Rob ** and myself. The following Monday, she responds via e-mail to tell me the Sales site declined the request due to being past the 5-day rescission period. I respond to Samantha stating that this is not acceptable to us. It took longer than 5 days to realize how incapable this company is at living up to their statements. I want to cancel our membership due to the overwhelmingly awful experience we've had. And going through all this is just making it worse. I then find a 'Consumer Advocacy channel through the company that states if our expectations haven't been met since Day 1, to send an e-mail to their group. But those e-mails come back as 'Undeliverable'!

Original review: May 22, 2022

Now that Hilton Grand Vacations bought Diamond Resorts, they expect us to pay more money to be able to use the old Diamond Resort properties, which one would imagine that they would. But, they grouped Anantara Resorts with Diamond Resorts so though we have stayed in Asia at an Anantara resort in the past as a HGV owner, we no longer can, without shelling out a bunch more cash!

They also sold INTRAWEST which had nice properties in Canada that we stayed at. Pay more and more and more and get less and less and less. Also, the last time we were at one of their premiere properties, it was filthy and run down with furnishings falling apart. We have been lied to so many times I can't count them all. Usually everything is always fully booked as soon as you are allowed to book so you only can stay at your home property. And RCI is a joke... dated and run-down properties that are almost impossible to get into.

Original review: May 1, 2022

Diamond Resorts, now owned by Hilton Grand is a complete and utter scam. From firsthand experience with Diamond, they lie, scam, and just completely make up phony stories to sell their guest on purchasing a timeshare. They don’t disclose important information, or fees for that matter. Throughout my entire experience with Diamond and the upgrades I was tricked into purchasing, each and every time the sales representatives I was assigned to always had a similar sob story. I hate to say this, but I believe that was their sales ploy, they tell you these sob stories to make you feel bad for them and guilty if you don’t purchase.

Not only do they make you feel guilty, but they hold you hostage!!! Not literally but they refuse to give back your personal documents such as photo ID and credit card! While I attended their presentation, I informed the sales representative I was with that I had to go because I had a previous engagement, and he refused to give me my credit card and ID back! Overall, just stay away from Diamond Resorts, just steer clear and trust me when I tell you to ignore those sales representatives.

Original review: May 1, 2022

We went to Las Palmeras Hotel in Orlando. My wife booked it and got a discount to attend their sales pitch on timeshares (they called it something else, but it’s a timeshare program). Make a long story short they wanted us to pay $44K upfront and nearly $2K a year for life to get two weeks at one of their locations. Do the math, invest $44K in stock market and make 10% a year, compounded. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that out! Stay as far away as you can! Don’t listen to the mumbo jumbo they try to sell you! It’s a scam for suckers!

Resolution response: May 6, 2022

I spoke to the head of sales and we had a wonderful conversation. He understood exactly what I was talking about and he will be speaking to the sales people to make sure that they are aware of what the changes are and how to present it. No one should have to go through what we went through when we were there. I feel as if everything was resolved. He listened, and he was extremely respectful and understanding. I was very happy With the call and his responsiveness. He is definitely dedicated to making Hilton Grand Vacations a positive experience.

Original review: April 30, 2022

I was excited to hear about the changes to Diamond Resorts, which we have owned since before it was even Sunterra. I signed up to hear about the updates now the Hilton Grand Vacations (HGV) purchased it, and found that in order to become an HGV member, you need to 'buy into' the timeshare, for us it would have been over $20,000!!! Since we did not 'sign' that means that after all the money we spent updating our timeshare to points, then adding more to become silver members, we will NOT have any benefits from the HGV purchase! Not only that, we will actually LOSE benefits, as we will only be permitted to use points for the Diamond properties, which will start to migrate to HGV, and no longer be available to us!! However, I was then told that the maintenance fees are about 28% less!! I guess that is so that we can pay over $20,000!!!

For the first time, I am considering dropping my timeshare!! And we have actually loved it for over 30 years! How sad that HGV would require more money from members that have already paid so much already! What a scam! We are really unhappy with being told that in order to have Hilton Grand Vacation benefits that use points (yes, we can pay cash for HGV locations), we have to purchase more points. When I asked, "What if I don't want to get more points," they said it was the ONLY way to get the benefits, and that 6,000 points was the minimum. And, of course, if we did not purchase the points THAT DAY, then the cost would go up if we wanted to purchase points at a later date. My brother owns timeshare that has been purchased by a larger timeshare, and he had has maintenance costs reduced without any requirements to purchase anything!! I am surprised at Hilton!

Original review: April 27, 2022

Nightmares, they are terrifying, they keep you up at night, now imagine a nightmare that you could never wake up from… This is exactly what I have been living with everyday since I was TRICKED into purchasing a timeshare with Hilton Grand Vacations. The saddest part of all this is when those lying, money hungry, sales representatives at Hilton sold me on this purchase, they specifically said THIS IS NOT A TIMESHARE!!!! But instead, they sold me on “an investment property,” which was all one big fat lie! THIS IS A TIMESHARE, NOT A FORM OF INVESTMENT OF ANY TRUE VALUE!

All those pesky salespeople down at Hilton are the same, they will lie, lie, lie, and say all these marvelous things and draw up a fake dream. They make it all sound so genuine and real, but little do you know they are just going to stab you in the back! Don’t even get me started on the scams they are pulling, 4 days after signing the contract with them they denied my request to cancel my contract, especially when Nevada law allows 5 days to cancel a contract! Tell me that doesn’t sound fishy? My entire experience with this company has been stressful, it’s all been so overwhelming and just darn right traumatic.

Original review: April 27, 2022

Hilton Grand Vacation Club is just awful! Their salespeople have no problem using coercion and false advertising to trick you in to buying a timeshare. Don’t believe anything those people tell you. In fact, stay away from their presentations to begin with. My husband and I had to go to an update meeting to hear about Hilton’s takeover of Diamond. If we signed up with a new Hilton contract, we’d have access to tons of new perks, have something to pass to our daughter- who was an infant at the time, use our points for free rental cars and airfare, all kinds of things. Except it was all lies or half-truths. Not having access to certain benefits there were promised is not as big of a deal as what they did to my family. I had no idea that we were signing a BABY up for lifelong debt. No one said she would have to take over when we pass away.

They also touted their relationship with DISNEY and that we would have special access, but that was just another lie. We wanted to be able to take our daughter to Disney whenever we wanted. In fact, had we known the mortgage was DOUBLE what we agreed to pay, we would have walked away! We might have known if they gave us a copy of our contract, which to this day we have never received.

Original review: April 22, 2022

One year of lying and fraud. On 03/18/2019. Denise and I go to Sedona AZ to get married. We go to the presentation. We were told that we can buy 3500.00 points a year and the maintenance fees would start out at $1,000.00 a year and may go up a 5% a year. I take out my calculator and crunched the numbers based on what the rep and his supervisor told us. We decided to buy. Please know that I am numbers guy. I was a licensed stock broker for Charles Schwab and presently employed as a Branch Manager Assistance Vice President for a local community bank. Ethics, truthfulness and transparency is how I run my bank. Based upon the information I was given, the wife and I signed the contract and paid $16,000.00+.

August of 2021. Denise and I go to South Lake Tahoe for we thought was a orientation. It was not. The rep tells us “oh no you are in a horrible plan and your maintenance fees are going to skyrocket”! I was shocked to hear that. I proceed to tell him (please look at file to pull his name) that is not what my wife and I was told. The rep and his supervisor told us the maintenance will go be doubling every year and we would be paying 5k a month in Maintenance fees within 3 years and up to 7k in 5 years. I was extremely upset when I was told this information. “How can I be lied to so blatantly”? Now the rep said he “could lock the maintenance fees and double the points to 7500.00 a year if we write another check for $6,500.00”. Denise and I feel that we no option but to write the check. And we do so.

On the way home my wife breaks down into tears, “how can they lied to us like that”? And, “how do we know if the rep from Tahoe is lying to us too”? Someone from Diamond is lying. See the pattern of lying that the wife and I have experienced. More deceitful business practices. December of 2021 we go to Kona Hawaii for 2nd honeymoon. We meet a rep from Diamond. I explained to him about the misinformation, lying that we have received and how disgruntle we are. Totally regret ever signing up in Sedona. We are now told, “OH no you are not in the Hawaii package and you will never be able to use your “ US Continental points” in Hawaii. I was shocked for this was the first time I was told this. The rep now wanted tens of thousands of more dollars to move to the Hawaii collection.

At this point I am beyond being mad, words cannot come close to describing my rage and anger. Deceived, lied to, manipulated, and truly the worst business practices that I have experienced in my 30 year financial career. If the first two reps lied, one of them did or and both did, how do we know this guy is not lying to us too? We stop the bleeding and so no. We are done giving money to Diamond resort. Wife breaks down crying again, “they told we can go to Hawaii with our points”. Seeing my wife crying truly hurts. Denise mental anguish is directly caused by the deceitful business practice of Diamond resort. Now if you can believe it gets even worse!

March 16th. Las Vegas. Polo Towers. We meet with Patrick ** (**). I proceed to tell him how upset we are, how we been repeatedly lied to, we have no idea is telling us the truth. He then tells my wife and I, “I am in compliance, I am not a sales rep, I am here to fix your problems”. I then ask a 2nd and a 3rd time. You are in compliance Patrick? Patrick says, “yes I am that is why I have a laptop, and the other reps don’t”. He proceeds to tell us that our maintenance fees will double every year, to 10k a year within 5 years. He then brings out 3 contracts or offers. One wanted 50k, 2nd for 33k and 3rd for 22k. I am extremely upset again. “This is 4th time that I am given different information.” I am pacing the room because I can’t believe that is happening for 4th time.

This is where it gets criminal. Patrick tells my wife and I, “if you upgrade to the 33k package I will double your points and you can cash in the other 7500.00 points for $15,000.00 a year for next 8 years”. He takes out his calculator and show us how we would get our 33k back in 2.3 years. And he said “I can’t put that in writing and you can’t tell anyone that your upgrading is for an investment, pay $33,000.00 to get $120,000.00 back over the next 8 years”. At this time I became to realize that cannot be true. Why would Diamond resort pay me $120,000.00 for a $33,000.00 investment? Remember I was a licensed Stock Broker, Financial Advisor registered with SEC. I deal with fraud every other day. We said no, “no more money”.

He then says we can use our “Equity” to lock in the maintenance fees of $2,900.00 a month. We agree. However he does not put that it writing and someone else comes out trying to get us to give $3900.00 to lock the offer for the 3 so called upgrades. We said no. When the last rep left he gave us a piece paper to bring to the front desk for your free gift. But with the paper there was something else! It is Polo Team Sales Commission schedule, rep Patrick name on it!! See attachment. When I showed my wife the Polo commission schedule, she completely breaks down crying, “how can they (Diamond) keep doing this to us?”

I ask another one of your sales rep if this your Commission schedule? She looks at and tries to take it from. Not going to happen. Patrick is the worst of the worst. After telling him my experience of lies and my lack of trust Patrick lied to my face over and over. It took all of my self-control not to go Postal. When you make my wife cry with the all of the lying it is now getting personal.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I thought a big name like Hilton would be a safe choice for a timeshare purchase, but that was NOT the case. I never imagined that they would trick us into a timeshare with false information. Thus far, nothing I was told is true. This was supposed to be a real estate transaction, but there is no property attached to my contract. There is no access to Disney like the sales staff said. The maintenance fees go up like crazy every year, yet no bothered to say anything about that. No blackout dates at over 50 properties! There may not be actual “blackout” dates, but good luck getting a reservation anywhere!

You’ll have to book a minimum of 6 months prior. A number of fees were also left out. I had no idea that ON TOP of the mortgage and maintenances fees, I’d have to pay for reservations, to roll over points, etc. There’s always some fee with Hilton, I’m surprised they don’t charge for the air (hope that doesn’t give them any ideas)! I pray anyone reading this stays away from them. Trust me, you don’t want to be in my position.

Original review: April 16, 2022

Hilton Grand Vacation Timeshare is 100% a SCAM! We failed to do our research prior to a mandatory tour we were assigned to do as part of promotion. First they put us in a crappy hotel and then during the tour showed us penthouses in NYC that we would never be able to stay in because we are not buying timeshare in NYC (prices are astronomical). Long story short please do your research, DO NOT believe these sales people who are trying to get paid regardless of long term consequences of buying a product that is a lie.

Luckily for us we followed our intuition. After being coerced into a purchase we couldn’t afford, we did our research early enough to cancel without any penalties (you have 7 days). But I should mention canceling and finding a person to speak to took a while. Make sure to email a cancelation letter and get a response before day 7.

Original review: April 15, 2022

My husband and I signed a contract for a timeshare in Myrtle Beach. We have been trying to cancel for over 6 months. Lots of empty promises. And now no one is available via telephone or email. They do not answer or call back! We are getting an attorney. If you're thinking of signing up for Hilton Grand Vacations time share, DON'T DO IT! There are so many scams going on with this company. And NO ONE will be available for any questions you may have!

Original review: April 7, 2022

I visited your hotel in Charleston and loved the experience. One day while eating breakfast we were approached by Jim ** to purchase another vacation at another Hilton resort and was told there was no available ability. So do yourself a favor and don't buy any of the things they try to have you buy saying there is no black out date. They will say it is not available and you will get screwed out of $800.00 just like I did. Stay away from these crooks.

Original review: April 6, 2022

What I have experienced with Hilton Grand Vacations timeshares has been horrible. I wasn’t given the complete truth by the Hilton salesman when they were selling me the timeshare. No mention of the extra fees outside of my loan payment. Never mentioned the maintenance fees or the hidden fees for things like reservations and rolling over points. They are extremely pushy, constantly trying to get you to upgrade. The product itself gets lousier and lousier. What’s the point of owning a timeshare if you can’t even use it???

Trying to book a stay is nearly impossible. I’ve had to settle for paying “discounted member rates”! Getting a Hilton timeshare was big mistake. Unless you’re looking to throw your money away, I suggest avoiding Hilton. The Hilton brand has been tarnished by their timeshare sales team. I have paid off my loan and yet I still get bills! Very disappointed with HGV. Their entire operation is focused less on quality vacations and more on squeezing money out of you with lies and bogus promises. Buy a timeshare somewhere else… actually never mind, don’t ever buy a timeshare!

Original review: March 29, 2022

I inquired about the $149 (4 day, 3 nights, one bedroom) promotional package to Orlando from Hilton Grand Vacations after receiving an email offer. I told the rep that I actually had 8 people going, in addition to needing an additional day. He said an upgrade to a 2 bedroom would be no problem, which sleeps 8, and that all of the resorts (4 in Orlando) who are part of this promotional deal had availability for the dates I needed. I said great and reconfirmed with him that the 2 bedroom accommodated 8 people and the specific dates, to which he assured me that everything would available.

He said however, I would have to purchase the promotional package for the the 4 days, 3 nights for the $149. ($167 with tax) and then after I picked the resort to call the concierge to complete the transaction, thereby locking in my dates and hotel accommodations. I then reiterated that if I could not get the specific dates and the 2 bedroom that I would not purchase the package. He again assured me that there would be no problems. So like a sucker, I bought the package and then called the concierge about 3 days later to confirm everything. The concierge then tells me the 2 bedroom only sleeps 6, not 8!!! and that I would have to purchase a 3 bedroom to accommodate 8 people!!!

Then guess what?! Yep you guessed it, NO 3 BEDROOMS AVAILABLE at any of the promotional package resorts!! And even if there was a 3 bedroom available, that would cost an additional $500 for the upgrade plus more money for the additional night!! At that point I asked for a refund, and was not happy about being lied to by the sales rep. So if you are going to Orlando and buying this package as advertised with no changes, you may be ok. But if you have any changes to the package, don’t fall for the okie-doke because they may tell you anything to sell the package and you won’t find out the truth until you call the concierge AFTER you’ve purchased the package. Buyer Beware!!

Original review: March 27, 2022

If you’re looking to be disappointed, frustrated and highly infuriated…Hilton is the way to go. While in Vegas I was forced to go to one of their timeshare sales presentations. I bought the smallest timeshare package because it was a fair price. Sadly, it was all a HUGE SCAM! Everything they said was a circus of lies and BS! Everything cost more than they lead on and when you find all the hidden cost, fees and horrible availability it’s too late! I require the use of a wheelchair, making finding a reservation even more difficult as the unit must be handicap accessible. I see other reviews and it seems like everyone who owns with Hilton has a hard time finding availability. $12,000 down the drain and ZERO vacations at all because of the lies. DO NOT BUY A HILTON TIMESHARE! It’s obvious that they are out here swindling people! Don’t accept the gifts and don’t sign anything HILTON gives you!

Original review: March 25, 2022

Dirty liars! It doesn’t take much to realize that anything associated with Hilton Grand Vacation Club is likely a scam! When we got conned into buying timeshare points with them, the salespeople instructed us on what to say and not to say to the financer. We should've known this was a scam right at that point. They offered us a FREE cruise to Alaska which turned out to be BS! They didn’t mention there were $2000 in fees! Their business model is based on screwing people with their timeshare contracts and constantly convincing them to upgrade and pay to have their experience enhanced.

They don’t disclose that maintenance fees continue to increase. Don’t believe them when they say their timeshares are a “real estate investment”. If you ever even use your timeshare, they strong-arm you into attending an “owner’s meeting”. Don’t go, it’s another sales pitch/scam. They’re disgusting. DON’T BUY THEIR TIMESHARES! You’ll end up with THOUSANDS of dollars in debt. Hilton Grand Vacations are THE WORST!

Original review: March 23, 2022

HGVC has the worst sales department I have ever dealt with! Mr. ** sold me a timeshare using any tactic he could- unethical or not. He lied repeatedly about what he was selling to secure my acceptance of an offer. This purchase is not the investment that was promised, it’s a money pit! Mr. ** kept reassuring me that he was NOT selling a timeshare because it could be sold back to Hilton. There is no program that allows me to sell this nightmare back to them without paying the entire loan first. I’d have to pay $30,000 so Hilton could sell it for $5,000. Then there were the lies about the interest. I was told I could pay over time with no interest charges. Once I looked into this, I found that there is interest, and it is about the same as the purchase price. That means I’m paying DOUBLE what was agreed to!!

Original review: March 18, 2022

We vacationed at an Embassy Suites and during booking customer service told us of HGV. We chose Myrtle Beach, upgraded to a suite for 200$ for a net total of 399 for 4 days 3 nights. Yes we had to attend a presentation, but that's the game. You need to show a bit of mettle and not succumb. At the start I was very clear, I wouldn't be buying any service. Very clearly and very politely but firmly declined. We left in 1 1/2 hrs and enjoyed the rest of our trip with an additional 200$ gift card. If you are weak, afraid to say no then stay away. Otherwise you'll have no issues. It's a great deal for just the invitation, the timeshare is not worth it.

Original review: March 15, 2022

Been a member of the HVGC for over 25 years and the customer service is so bad we want to leave but they offered us approx $4500 for something they now sell for $50,000. Every time you have any kind of problem no one will call you and you very rarely get a reply by email. Telephoned a guy today at my expense as Hilton say they can't call you back and I told him of my problem ref my maintenance fees. I paid my maintenance for 2022 in Dec 21 but it still shows on my account that I owe my annual fee plus a further $342.84 for late fees etc, etc. He wanted me to hold but I asked him to call me back and guess what???? He didn't, it's a typical response you get from HGVC. Why I pay $1500.00 per year I have no idea because it's simply not worth it. You get better service at any local hotels like Best Western or Days Inn, etc, etc.

Stay clear of Hilton Grand Vacation Clubs. They promise you everything but once they have your money they are not bothered. Plus it doesn't matter what resort you go to. They always try and get you to sign up for more timeshare during your stay. When you go on the 45 minute sales pitch do what we do and demand to leave after the 45 mins. They hate it and 3 or 4 special people who can offer you something special try their best to sign you up. Take the reward you were offered for the 45 min presentation and get out while you still have your **. Don't touch HGVC!!!!

Original review: March 14, 2022

We are loyal, diamond Hilton members. Got talked into a timeshare in Los Cabos, and we were charged 17% interest on the loan, so we bought it out. In 6 months we've been hit with a $1,800 maintenance fee and $1,500 HOA fee. Looks like these will be annual fees. We were lied to when we signed this contract, being told that the points would never lose value, and that there would only be a $1,400 maintenance fee and nothing else. When we try and book a hotel, there is next to nothing available. They have a couple days here and a couple days there, in condos that look really run down. And we just received a notification that our points lost 60% of their value, as of last month, and we have only been members for 6 months!!

Have tried for WEEKS to talk to a human at RCI/ HGV. I called Hilton Honors, since the timeshare is a Hilton product, and they couldn't help. As I write this, I have been on hold with them for 2+ hours with terrible elevator music playing in my speaker phone and the phone just inexplicably hung up on me. We are shocked that this is a Hilton product. We feel like we were robbed, and continue to get robbed. I wish there was a class action lawsuit, because we would join it. We will actively seek out others who are looking at a class action lawsuit. There seems to be little options for getting out of this timeshare. You're in it for life.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

If I could do zero stars I would. For 3 years I've had this timeshare and every sales person they have boasts of how you can go anywhere with your points and the reality is you can't get in anywhere you want to go. Unless you want to go to Orlando, Hawaii, Las Vegas, New York and California, most of the timeshares are impossible to book. I've complained multiple times and have not gotten anywhere at all. On top of the ridiculous purchase price, the common fees are insanely high as well and you get zero value with this company. It is fraud, misrepresentation at best and their sales practices should be illegal. I'm filing a formal complaint with the state of FL Business of Professional Regulation as they should be exposed for the racket that they are.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

Hilton has made a very difficult time in my life even worse. My husband and I bought a timeshare with Hilton, but he has recently passed away. On top of grieving, I now have much less income than I used to. I reached out to the Hilton, and they have not offered any assistance other than temporarily suspending autopayments, but I was still responsible to make the payment myself every month. HOW IS THAT ANY HELP?

They conned us into buying the timeshare in the first place and left out important information that negatively impacted our decision to purchase. If either of us had known how much debt we were getting into, we would never have chosen this! I also discovered that my heirs will be responsible for this when I pass. If I cannot handle the timeshare after my husband’s passing, how could I do that to someone I love? Does Hilton care? NOT A BIT!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

Frustrated and irritated, those words don't even begin to describe my experience with Hilton. My nightmare started in 2015 while on vacation in Las Vegas. I was offered free show tickets and a three-night stay at a Hilton Hotel under the condition of going to a sales presentation. The entire time my husband and I were there, we dealt with very aggressive salespeople. Both of us were shocked at this treatment, especially because Hilton is a large, reputable brand.

Every time we are able to book a vacation, we get lured into another presentation with incentives like discounted theme park tickets, gift cards, and free meals. Every time, salespeople talk up the reservation system and how easy it is to use. That has not been my experience. I have figured out that I need to make reservations a minimum of seven months in advance. Being that we have a severely autistic child, that does not always work out. On top of the $30,000 we have already paid into the timeshare (with five years left to pay), there are fees for everything. Every reservation comes with $100 fee, and it increases every year. Over six years, my maintenance fees have increased by $400. If you are looking for easy and relaxing vacations, go elsewhere because the Hilton brand is no longer reputable!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

He had been receiving multiple cold calls from Hilton offering us a 2-night stay at their Orlando resort, so we eventually gave in, even though we knew we would have to attend a one-hour timeshare presentation. However, when we arrived, this “presentation” lasted more than 5 hours!! We were told that making a purchase would allow us to go on several vacations a year, that it would be an investment we could pass on to our children, it would increase in value, and could be sold for a profit at any time. None of this was true!!! To make it worse, we were rushed through signing the contract so quickly that they never told us that there was a specific cancellation period, that there were fees for EVERYTHING, and that the maintenance fees can increase with no end in sight. We believed that we were making a purchase with Hilton Hotels and trusted in their name and brand. We could not have been more wrong!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I bought an expensive package which is now totally worthless. HGVC would not even consider buying anything back in Trump Tower in Las Vegas. A lot of people have suggested a class action lawsuit but NO ONE that I can see has done anything about it. Does nobody have the strength and time to instigate this? Lots of people saying they would join it but no leaders in the action. For full disclosure I am from UK and cannot do it from here.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Terrible "customer service"!! I emailed to ask questions about an issue during our upcoming stay. After a few emails back and forth with Leah, I determined that my issue would probably be better handled by a supervisor and requested that it be escalated. This is when I had the "pleasure" of speaking to Edgar **, who also happens to be in the Senior Manager of Customer Care for HGV. Right off the bat he was extremely rude and disrespectful. He cut me off and spoke over me. He told me he is not in the business of giving out free stuff when someone doesn't get what they want. I called him out on how awful he was speaking to me and he told me that if I wasn't happy with what he was offering then he would just cancel my entire vacation package. I was blown away he would threaten to cancel it all.

I am amazed that for a customer service supervisor in a company that is trying to sell vacation packages, that he would think it was ok to treat a customer this way! For context of what was being offered, I booked a 4-day 3-night vacation package. I was offered a free night if I booked during a certain time frame, so I did. Then was told the free night was no longer available. I was asking if they could comp us points for the night they could no longer give us. They agreed. However, to book 1 night there with points is 75,000 and they offered us 5K.

After I requested it to be escalated, they said they could do an additional 10K. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for any amount of points, but thought it would only be fair to receive the amount of points we would have used staying one night there. If the answer was no, that's ok! He could have explained that to me calmly and respectfully but instead was rude and condescending. He told me that if I wanted the free night that bad I should change my dates. I'm sure we will not see any of the extra points and now we still have to sit through 2 hours of their sales pitch. If this is what HGV is offering, I don't want any part of it!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

We were so excited to see that a package was available for properties in SC and I did my due diligence. I asked the sales rep - what if I change this, how can I go to this property vs the other... all without any $ change. Well when you go to book it - you get the low end properties. Couldn't change to the other city without additional cost. Couldn't even use my $200 voucher bc I didn't go on my package trip... My advice -

* Don't believe the hype. The package is not worth the money. When I asked to have this escalated the rep said her manager said, "This is policy and you can reduce your package days if you want to go to the city". No other course of action or review. The customer is not first.

* You only have 6 months post the package completion to use the $200 voucher. In the time of covid that is insane.

We are now out a few hundred bucks.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Please do not do business with HGV! My husband and I have a timeshare with them and have nothing good to say about our experience in the last 5 years. The timeshare was sold to us on lies and misinformation. The salespeople made it a point to say we were not buying a timeshare; we were investing in property. This is false, we own no real property. We were promised we could sell the “property” back if we wanted to, but HGV has no program for this. There were to be no added fees, regardless of how many nights we booked, however, there always are. The sales people even promised we could stay at a resort INSIDE DISNEY WORLD, only to find out that they have nothing on the Disney World property!

We have been disappointed from the start. We’ve even tried to sell the timeshare a few years ago but had no luck since there is no monetary value. The locations of the HGV properties are not in places we want to go. To even have a chance of using the points, they force us to pay to convert them or roll them over. To make matters worst, on top of all the fees you have to pay they charge to to make reservations and the maintenance fees can go up at any moment. This timeshare is the worst "investment" we have made in our life. It’s unfortunate that we have to deal with this burden all because HGV’s salespeople are dishonest.

Hilton Grand Vacations Company Information