1.21/5
Based on 138 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 23, 2018

1264 Frontier Airlines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 23, 2018

Please pay the extra and fly with a better airline. Frontier may get you to and from, but the overall service is just horrible! On both flights I have taken, it took over an hour just to get our check in bags. The stewardess on our departure flight had horrible attitudes, one who thought she was made of gold and pretty much acted above all the entire time! She had no problem displaying it nor speaking it. Paying to sit up front is just beneficial if you want to be one of the first to get off, but the seats are horrible and again, unless bringing a carry on, you'll still be waiting forever for your check in.

Original review: May 8, 2018

My family and I are first time flyers with Frontier and it will be the last time for us. We arrived at 9:00 am for a 9:40 am flight and this is how we usually do it for a Southwest flight and never had any problems. But for Frontier we were not aware of the strict 45 min. Policy for check in and we missed check in by 5 minutes. The lady at check-in was not only rude but she was not helpful at all. Pretty much with an attitude of you're on your own.

We ended up purchasing new tickets with Southwest for that same day which costed us another $1,200. It was either that or stay in Indiana for another 3 days for the next flight out to Austin which was NOT going to happen. So we were not only out $1,200 but also our 3 hr direct flight turned into a 9 hr connecting flight and all of this with a tired and sleepy 2 yr old. So my point is stick with Southwest and do not go with a cheaper airline because you end up spending a whole lot more money and time. Frontier Airlines is the worst.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Frontier Airlines is absolutely awful, pure corporate greed. Please read about my experience and save yourself from the torture of dealing with them. I made the mistake of flying with this airline twice - and literally both times missed my flight because of an error on their part and was not refunded or compensated. 1) First Frontier disaster (6 months ago): I got to the airport about an hr early as planned and waited for 20 min in a long time to check my bag. By the time I reached the ticket counter I was told that because I wasn’t checked in 45 min early they wouldn’t let me board - even though my plane was not even there yet and I had plenty of time to get to the gate.

Apparently I although I had checked in online beforehand there was a system glitch and it didn’t go through. So I was not allowed on my flight, had to buy a new ticket with another airline, and after being sent around in circles for an hr on the automated system of their customer service number, I still could not talk to an actual human to request my money back.

2) The second time I tried to fly with Frontier I was running late because of mechanical issues on the public transportation I took to the airport. Still, I wasn’t worried because I had plenty of time to get to the gate before my flight was scheduled to leave. I arrived at the gate 10 min before final boarding (and 25 min before the scheduled departure) to find that they had already closed the door. By the time a Frontier representative came out, the plane was already pulling away. He told me he was the manager and that it was his error: “The computer told me the flight was fully boarded and the pilots wanted to leave early, so we did.”

He apologized sincerely and admitted it was his fault, but all he could do was point me to the customer service 800 number and give me a $15 food voucher (oh great - I can buy 2 airport bottled waters!!!) and a $50 voucher for next time (“next time” HAHA - you’d have to pay me whole lot more than that to ever set foot on a Frontier plane again). By this time I was in tears because my 4 hr direct flight had turned into a 9 hr red-eye, getting me in half a work day late. When I further complained about this to the manager, he empathized and told me that airline companies are “vicious” and that some families lose their whole trips to Disney World when Frontier flights get cancelled and they won’t refund passengers for the loss of the vacation package. When a manager tells that to make you feel better, you know there is a problem.

Seriously, travellers, don’t make the same mistake I made twice. Frontier may seem cheap - but factor in what you’ll pay for choosing a seat, carrying on luggage, or even ordering an f-ing soda on the plane... not to mention the money, sleep and tears you’ll expend if you end up like me - and it is NOT WORTH IT. Tell all your loved ones, avoid Frontier Airlines like the plague.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I want to share my experience with Frontier Airlines. I started my journey April 10th 2018 and left from ABQ NM AT 7:41 PM. We had a long layover in Denver CO. We got on the plane April 11th 2018 at 7:55 am and landed in Cleveland OH at 3:45. Ok so once we got off in Ohio they lost one of my bags and no one would take ownership and had no answers for me. The bag they lost had my kids' clothes in it so I went two days with no clothes for my kids. I had to buy them new clothes. For the 2 days I spent 49$ on clothes for them and I lost my receipt and sent my debit card statement showing proof I bought clothes and they still didn’t not give me back the money that I spent that I did not have for their mistake of dropping the ball losing my bag!

So, let me continue. I boarded the plane from Cleveland OH on Thursday April 19th, 2018 and landed in Denver CO for a layover but 2 hours before we were going to get on the plane back home to ABQ NM Frontier canceled our flight and told us to go to customer care. Once I got down to customer care it was 2 or 3 lines. Every single customer care rep was beyond rude to everyone yelling at the customers. So I was there stranded in Denver CO with 2 kids. Only thing they offered was to cancel and refund or reschedule for another day which was the 22nd of April 2018. A lot of the people was rich or well off they had options. I didn’t. All I'm a single mom. I live pay check to pay check. All I had was 60$ on my card and that was it! That was no money to get a room for 2 ½ days or food!

So, I had to stay at the airport. Me and my 2 kids slept on the floor by baggage claim. It was super cold and not comfy at all. I also called their 1800 number to see if they could help me and even the people was rude to me on the phone. I asked for a manager. No help at all. Basically told me I was out of luck and I asked the manager how would he feel if I was his wife and kids. How would he feel. The manager hung up on me. This was the worst customer service experience I ever had and if it was nothing they could do at all they could at least showed me some empathy. Show that you care. So I was so mad I couldn’t even think. My kids were so tired and hungry. I reached out to my mother and she got us a hotel for 2 days. We left airport on the morning of the 20th 8am. I didn’t leave Denver to Sunday April the 22nd and the whole ordeal caused me to lose my job!!! And still no one cared. I will never use Frontier Airlines again!

Original review: May 2, 2018

I wish I could rate them with 0 stars. I could not check in on the way to the airport due to constant barrage of Bundles and Add-ons and Frequent Flyer Miles credit card signups that you have to go through. When it went to the FFM credit card I had no option to continue, only previous screen or exit. Well if you click exit it brings you back to the beginning so you are caught in a loop and cannot check in. We thought, well we can check in when we get there. Wrong. We arrived at our flight literally 41 minutes before (the cut off is 45); there was no one at the kiosk. We called customer service (in India btw) and were right outside security with now 30 minutes from take off.

They would not assist, they would not alter the flight, they wouldn't even refund, nothing. They said it was $99 per change (had to change depart and return), per person x 2, no baggage fees to be refunded AND it was $25 fee to modify over the phone (you can't online). After all was said and done, the fees were more than the actually more than the original cost ($282). I spoke with Delta and they said that is the way Frontier is. I missed the flight because of it, and then no refund, and can't get the rental car refunded (Hertz) due to all of THEIR cancellation fees, plus the prepaid parking near the airport. I am now out of almost $550 total in a matter of 4 minutes. I can't even cancel the RETURN flight on Frontier for some semblance of a credit and that isn't even for 4 more days!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?

Original review: May 2, 2018

They cancelled our flights for both departure and arrival on different days, but only gave us a voucher for the departure cancellation. The voucher is only valid for 90 days (most airlines give one year). Today I was about to book a flight for December using the voucher before the expiration day, but Frontier won't open reservation for any day after November 14th, so I couldn't use the voucher at all. I called their customer service asking to have the voucher expiration day extended and was told that was not an option at all. I asked them what else they could do so I could still use the voucher, they told me there is nothing they could do and I should think of something else or make up my mind between losing the money or traveling in December. What the heck! That's absolutely not a right attitude to customer service. So now I'm losing 400 dollars for the poor work of Frontier. The airliner is just getting worse and worse.

Original review: May 2, 2018

My advice is to not include Frontier Airlines in any future travel plans. They can cancel not just flights, but entire routes, and leave you stranded with a few useless travel vouchers and a refund. I had booked a direct one-way flight from PVD-AUS for Aug 08th for a family of five with travel insurance from Travel Guard/AIG. I got a great deal or so I thought ($49 per ticket with Discount Den +$12 per ticket for insurance), the schedule was great, leaving 08:27 pm - arrive AUS 08/08 after 11 pm. We are due to arrive earlier on 08/08 to PVD from a transatlantic flight, so this was the final leg or our journey home. Purchased the Frontier flights on 04/13. Frontier offered me an 'alternative route' on 04/26 via email notification of flight change, The new flight would depart PVD on 08/08 at 11.30 am and get into Austin a full 24 hours later on 08/09 at 10:55am, with a complimentary night stay on a Denver Airport bench for two adults and 3 kids. Naturally this was not a viable option.

I escalated to Frontier CS mgmt (their regular CS staff seem completely un-empowered to make any decision). Frontier do not work with other airlines to re-route passengers when they completely cancel routes. I finally got a refund and some useless vouchers (and it seems reading some other reviews of Frontier I was lucky to get even that). Additionally the Travel Guard/AIG "insurance" I "purchased online" at same time as I purchased the tickets, was completely invalid. Frontier never purchased the Premium from the insurance agent, even though to me the passenger, it looked as if I had insurance covered. Is this even legal to do this? My guess is they don't purchase the insurance until they are sure they won't cancel the route, so passengers can't claim with Travel Guard/AIG for a disrupted flight.

I discovered this when I tried to claim for disruption with AIG and reviewed the Frontier invoice. The invoice lists the Travel Guard/AIG insurance on the invoice as a line item so it appears to the buyer that you are covered, but Frontier do not go on to purchase the insurance from the provider. How can they get away with this? In the end I have to book with another airline departing PVD on the 9th, hundreds more dollars for five tickets, and also book two hotel rooms for the night of the 8th in PVD, took additional days off works. I couldn't believe airlines can do this with no recourse for the passenger. So my advice is, if you are planning a trip - you are better off to plan with the more reliable and dependable airlines, and buy travel insurance from an independent provider.

Original review: April 30, 2018

We got a message that our 9pm flight was delayed until 2:17am. We get to the airport and are told the flight has already left. We speak to the "manager" who looked about 15 and are told it isn't their fault because the alerts come from a different service. We never received another message that the time has changed again. We paid for a hotel we weren't at, Ubers to and from the airport for nothing and missed out on our vacation that we had looked forward to for months. Please do not use this poor excuse for an airline just because you're attracted to the cheap price.

Original review: April 29, 2018

My family and I travel to Los Angeles California from April 27 to April 29 of 2018. I booked my arrangements through Expedia. I have a membership with them so get major discounts with flying including free baggage. Flight out was on Delta. They were wonderful, easy to fly with, very comfortable and the stewardesses were the nicest people and the customer service department were the nicest people I've ever talk to. On the flight home I had Frontier Airlines. I paid for pre-TSA check in with Delta. I got my pre-boarding information to check in early. Did not get that same email with Frontier Airlines so had to get to the airport and check in at the front desk. When I got to the front desk I was told I had to pay $60 for my personal carry-on.

I had three carry-ons the motor so they wanted to charge me almost $200 for my carry-on. I refused to pay and told him that I booked through Expedia and that they did not see anywhere where I was going to have to pay for a carry-on. When I asked to speak to a supervisor they called the supervisor. The supervisor was at the gate doing check-in and they stated I had to go all the way to the gate to talk to the supervisor so instead I decided to call the customer service department at American Airlines.

I spoke to a young lady by the name of Sam who informed me that for my Expedia reservation I did not have to pay for my personal carry-on as long as it met the required dimension which was 18 x 14 x 8 so when we went and measured our bags at American Airlines called that one of our basement the required dimensions so we would not of been charged. Sarah on the customer service line did state that turn my reservations we should not be charged as long as I can put my bag under the overhead and that they were under the seat.

This was the worst experience I ever had with Frontier Airlines. The people were nasty, the gal at the check-in gate was rude and the supervisor was even ruder. They have no customer service and skill. No wonder the flight was not blocked and that there were empty seat. Do not ever take a Frontier Airlines. Everything they charging for when no other airline charges on you for the same things.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I joined Discount Den on 03-07-18 and booked a flight which occurred on 03-19-18 from RSW to PVD round trip. NOW Frontier does not have flights from RSW to PVD and I basically wasted $49. I requested a refund and since I used it once saving $10 they state no refund is allowed. I WOULD not have bought Discount Den in March 2018 if I knew the service from RSW to PVD would be discontinued in April 2018. I would like a refund of $49.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I purchased a round trip ticket back in December. A week ago I realized there had been a price change. So I canceled my ticket. My purchase was then made a "credit" that I can use later. So, I booked the new cheaper flight and was given a refund for the difference since I purchased the works package with my ticket. Things changed and I had to cancel my flight. I requested a refund since again I purchased the works package. Today I received an email stating they denied my refund since it was purchased with a "flight credit". what a ** rip off. Basically their "guaranteed refundable" option is complete BS.

Original review: April 18, 2018

The flight itself was an uncomfortable experience, the seats were not cushioned enough for customers to be seated for X amount of hours. Once we landed the plane had stopped and lights for the seat belts were turned off. I'm pregnant and I had to use the restroom, as I approached the back of the airplane to use the restroom, the male flight attendant told me that I need to get out of his way. Ignoring his lack of customer service I proceeded into the restroom. Other flight attendants, mainly female seemed snobby and rude, their lack of ingenuity was apparent and wasn't fooling anyone. I was highly disappointed and expected more from Frontier.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Got a plane ticket for my uncle for almost $300. Drove him to the airport for 3 hours. Drop him off... An hour later they say the flight is delayed for 6 hours. Then he got to San Antonio, delayed for 11 hours. Call them to at least put him in a hotel, they say no. I spoke with someone Called Chen... a supervisor. She said they don't do that. How is it possible that a major airline in America do this to its citizens. By the way when you call customer service it takes 20 minutes for someone to answer you. The worst airline in America by far... and they say low fares... it is the biggest scam ever. Do not waste your money... please.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I booked a flight and purchased AIG insurance and canceled the flight well in advance for 4 people. Total paid was 910.00 and they only will issue flight credit of 470 that must be used within 90 days. Can you say rip off??? I just lost 910 dollars - the insurance refused to cover this as well. NEVER EVER WILL RECOMMEND THIS RIP OFF COMPANY. I hope they fail miserably in Birmingham, AL! IF there were NO stars available to click I'd click that!

Original review: April 15, 2018

Although our flight was delayed (which happens with major airlines also) the Frontier Staff in Savannah was very helpful and accommodating. We received complimentary beverages and dinner. We received a fly again one way voucher. The plane we were on had mechanical failure. Another crew came that was supposed to be done for the day flew to us to Cleveland. They were an awesome and very professional crew. Things happen but we were treated fairly. I see the negative reports but remember people rarely take the time to post positive remarks.

Original review: April 15, 2018

A simple flight from CA to Austin and from Austin to CA. Both trips were horrible! I booked a flight which was only a few hours wait and ended up a long overnight delay and I did get 150 voucher for that delay flight. I used that for my trip back to CA. I got a message that it was delayed and that bumped my layover which means I will miss by 2nd flight. What is the point of having a $150 voucher? I decided to get a hotel and reserve the next morning flight. All of the sudden, the flight was cancelled.

I called Frontier to find another flight and there was none available. I was going to book a ticket with a different airline. I needed to get home so I went ahead and reserved a hotel in Austin. I just got another message saying the cancellation flight was delayed till 1 am!!! I booked 2 hotels at the same night! Really?! I lost it and felt disgusted. Who does that? I do understand flight can be a hassle but this was the worst experience ever! Thankfully I got my refund for both hotels. Now sitting at the airport for the next few hours to Denver and layover for another 5 hours. Sometimes cheap isn't worth it. Quality is better! Stay away from Frontier.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Worst airline ever! I rather go through any other but them! The moment you walk into their section at the airport, right away they ask for your credit card without even telling you what you are purchasing, neither do they even know what they are charging either! I called customer service to see why Frontier was charging me $140 for, and the lady couldn't even answer that. She kept transferring me to other people and they couldn't find anything to say but that they charged me $140 for 2 carry on bags.

The lady on the phone was so rude and mean, she laughed and kept putting me on hold. They do not know how to do their job. Horrible service. I even booked 2 flights with my husband, requesting seats together due to my disorder and they still managed to seat us separate! They were all out of stock on a lot of food on the plane, I literally ordered almost every item on the tablet but they were out of stock. I didn't get to eat on the plane. "Mind you I also have a disorder," staff was very rude about the situation. I couldn't do anything but sit there and cry. Worst time I ever flew in my life!

Original review: April 9, 2018

The customer service is beyond rude. I traveled with small children and there was a chance they would be separated from me on the plane. When I said to the supposed red-head supervisor at the counter in Denver that this is crazy, she replied "maybe you're crazy". It never happened to me in my life that any customer service representative would be able to say it and not be fired right after, but she seemed to be so rude to everyone. She also told me "You paid for the tickets not for the seats and the flight is oversold by 7 so you can be on stand by and not get any tickets if you won't shut up. How about that?"

So, needless to say I did shut up and the lady next to her, who was on a personal phone call with line of 20 people behind me, gave me seats, separate from my children. Thankfully, the lady at the gate asked a passenger that was supposed to sit next to my children to change and it was a nice lady and she agreed. However, we had a flight that was stopping in Georgia and we did not know if we will have to get off the plane or stay on the same plane to go to New York. Luckily, the flight attendant was very nice with me, probably a mother and also made sure I sat with my children. Not to mention I had to pay 2x $45 for small bags that I easily carried on with AA and Delta. I would have never taken these airlines, but there was no alternative given by Travelocity. Next time, I would rather not fly.

Original review: April 6, 2018

This company is the worst. This is the first time I fly with them. First problem, computer glitch while we taxiing then after 2 hours delay another glitch. Now it’s 3 hours sitting in the plane. We finally get to take off. Never fly them unless you’re dead broke. It’s really not worth the money saved. By the way they charge $40 for carry on and $50 for baggage.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Booked a flight one week before departure, received confirmation code and itinerary day off with Payment Pending. Partially my fault because I assumed it would go through as I had sufficient funds in account as well as all correct information. No additional emails from Frontier, I check in on the way to the airport, shows all my info plus conditions for flight (no additional bags, no seat selected). When I go to print boarding pass at kiosk, confirmation code is 'not found'. I ask the special help desk and they inform me, for the first time, that my payment was declined and that I do not have a reservation like I thought. I ask the nice woman, Dominique at DIA, why they would not have informed me and got "I am not sure, I've seen this before though."

I asked if I could buy one of the available seats at the price quoted to me (a week ago) and she informed me that it would be DOUBLE the price and an additional 60 on top of that. I asked for the manager who was much less friendly and not helpful or even attempting to give off the impression of being helpful. She informed me I could buy the 500 dollar ticket or ** off (not her words but I got the gist of it) with no option as I asked for some sort of voucher or price match to what I originally booked, anything that could help me get to a job interview. There were empty seats on the plane still.

I called the corporate offices to inquire why they would not give so much as a courtesy email to let a customer know there was issues with payment and was met with "I do not know but I apologize for the inconvenience." I asked for some sort of voucher or something to make this experience less ** but all she could offer me was an apology. You really ** me Frontier, I will gladly pay more for Southwest in the future to avoid dealing with your ** ever again. I would even risk it with ** Spirit if I needed a cheap flight. Wish I could give 0 stars.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I flew Frontier for the first time last month: Denver-New Orleans. Interesting experience. They came up as cheapest airline fare on Kayak. However, after high fees for carry-on luggage, seat assignment and seat assignment processing fees (booked through CheapOair), they were no longer the cheapest fare. Their entire structure of fees is complicated, designed for someone who flies with them frequently so as to avoid the highest fees by paying for services at the right times. Frontier has the right to charge what they want but I feel that they misrepresent themselves with their emphasis on low air fares when that is not the case. I feel deceived and won't be flying with them again.

Original review: April 4, 2018

On April 3rd, 2018 I was on the Frontier flight 1883, Airbus A320, arriving to AZ at 10 pm. I was assigned a window seat near two elderly people which can be inconvenient because I usually get up to use the bathroom during a flight. I asked the couple to give me a minute to ask if I can switch seats because I don't want to inconvenience them later if I need to get up. I went to ask the flight attendant but before I could even speak she took a horrible tone with me and asked me to pay if I want to move seats. She was very hostile, I felt threatened. I tried to explain to her that I do not mind my seat but I don't want to bother the elderly couple and if it is possible to move me to another seat. She again said that I have to pay if I want to move and her tone was very demeaning and disrespectful.

She then came by the old couple and moved them to a better seat. She specifically said out loud in front of all the passengers, "I will help you with what you want but her (while pointing at me) I will not help her". I am not sure how you train your staff but this is the first time in my life I experience such unprofessional and disrespectful customer service. Once the elderly couple was moved she brought another person to come sit next to me. She then went around asking and moving other people around, giving them more space and glaring at me as if to throw it in my face that she is assisting other passengers. I am not sure what I did wrong but even if I am wrong I think it is inappropriate for her to try to embarrass me in front of other passengers and offer them something she blatantly denied me.

When I told another staff he didn't even apologize, he just said I can file my complaints online. When I came online I found that you have a score of 1.3 out of 5. I will be sure to write reviews on other traveler sites too so that this airline invests in training their staff proper customer service. Hopefully, in the future no one flying through Frontier will have a terrible experience like I did. My return flight is through the same airline and I am afraid to see her as I feel she may have something personal against me.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Very expensive fees for carry on and checked bags, seat fees as well. When you get on the plane, the seats are the cheapest ever, the hand rest won't even go down, not even a small cup of water offered for almost 5 hours of flight, only plane that gave the least comfort ever on all my flight experience!! The worst!!!!

Original review: March 31, 2018

My daughter is trying to fly from Atlanta to San Francisco to visit her aunt on your airline and this will be our first and last time flying with you. The flight yesterday closed the gate early with my daughter and 21 other passengers not on the plane and no employee at the gate to assist them. Then today she was on standby, then she and five other people were assigned seats, but when they boarded they found the seats occupied. The flight attendants yelled at them to leave the plane immediately, did not apologize for any of the confusion and they were still not given any flight or now accommodations. Disgusting treatment and customer service. You people should be bankrupt by now. I'll happily take my business and the business of my very large extended family of domestic and international travellers to your competitors as we don't tolerate this kind of treatment.

Original review: March 23, 2018

First my flight was changed without my consent. When I called to question I was told they only accommodate people if their flight was changed for 3 or more hours. I eventually hung up because it was a losing battle. When I got to the airport 2 hours prior to my trip as suggested and recommended, there was no one at the ticket count doing check in. I require wheelchair assistance as I am a disabled veteran who just had surgery. I am still waiting at the ticket counter 30 mins later waiting for someone to assist me with a wheelchair! I had to pay for the baggage cart to put my luggage on because there was no one to help me. You get what you pay for. I will continue to fly any other airline EXCEPT Frontier. No respect for the disabled or veterans

Original review: March 16, 2018

The baggage prices is ridiculous, the employees are unprofessional and the pilots are extremely tardy. I am 1000% unsatisfied with this airline. This is my first and last time using this company. I would never recommend this airline!!!

Original review: March 15, 2018

I purchased tickets to Miami in Jan 9 to catch a flight to Aruba the next day. On 3/12 I get a message I barely could understand that my flight had been change. I went online to find my non-stop flight had been changed to 2 layover 1 in Jacksonville, FL and the other in Colorado. My 3 hour flight turned into 13 hours. I called them and they changed my flight to a non-stop again but I would have to fly out 10 hours earlier. I was not completely happy with this since I would have to miss work but I thought it was better than 13 hours. Today I wake up to an email that they have change my flight again and I am back on the 13 hour flight. If I wanted a 13 hour flight with 2 connections I would have choose that. If this is not a bait in switch I don't know what is. Now I am in a dilemma. I have a hotel room in Aruba I can't get refund on and a flight that I have to travel to all over the country that I'm not sure whether or not it will be changed again.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I would implore that anyone looking for a cheap flight should look elsewhere. Avoid at any cost! Horrible company! I went into this flight knowing it is bare bones: no free refreshments, uncomfortable seats, etc. And that's fine, you get what you pay for. My advice to pay the slight premium for a reputable airline, comes from their terrible customer service once problems do arise. My checked luggage was returned to me with the zipper mutilated (now it will not unzip) and the fabric ripped. Understandable, things happen in transportation and the expectation is that they will take responsibility for it and rectify the situation.

Instead I have had a three week back and forth argument with customer service telling me that Frontier is not liable for normal wear and tear to baggage and I should have read the Contract of Carriage before flying with them, and me asking how my bag being mangled is normal wear and tear. If you request to be put in contact with a supervisor, they will ignore your request and continue to tell you that this is their resolution and they hope you will fly with them again. I even paid for the insurance and came to find out that it only covers lost luggage, not damage to luggage. So whatever problem arises (and there will be problems), Frontier will do everything in their power to avoid responsibility.

Resolution response: March 12, 2018

After writing a second email to Frontier Airlines, the issue was resolved; they refunded the fee.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I'm quite upset. Two friends and I booked a trip to Cancun 3/9/2018 at 4:30 PM, all very excited to go. The next 24 hours gave us quite a shock when we see that there has been a US Travel warning issued for Quintana Roo, the State of Cancun. Out of concern for our safety we called Expedia, which is where we booked our bundled package and asked to cancel. They were able to cancel everything at no charge EXCEPT the Frontier Airlines flights. I was told to call the airline to handle that part.

I called Frontier and was told that they could not issue a full refund and if I cancelled that I would be charged a $99 fee per passenger. The woman explained that if I had called just 5 hours earlier there wouldn't have been a problem or fee; ludicrous! I am not one to complain about anything ever, but after United flights and hotel were easily refunded and with a very valid concern I expected some empathy and understanding from Frontier Airlines about the situation, but instead I got nothing. I will NEVER select them as an airline and will be sure to warn others about this anytime I can.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I booked a ticket for my brother and sister in law where unfortunately their trip got cancelled and charged me $326 after 48 hrs of booking. As they mentioned they are providing affordable flight tickets for middle class whereas their cancellation policy is really annoying and I am providing this post so that few people will look at their policy before buying and save their money.

Frontier Airlines expert review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1994, Frontier Airlines now launches more than 375 flights each day to destinations throughout the U.S., Mexico and Jamaica. Today, this relatively new airline employs more than 3,000 aviation professionals.

• Get the works: Frontier Airlines offers a package price that includes services such as refund-ability, free change service, priority boarding, extra carry-on and checked bag allowance and more.

• Exclusive discounts on fares: Travelers who join the Frontier Airlines Discount Den get access to low-rate fares only available to members. Members can book flights for up to six people on the same subscription.

• Manage flights online: Through the Frontier website, travelers can check in, book flights, make changes and check on the status of their flights.

• Economy-plus options: Get the same low fares on economy-class seating but nab an extra 5 to 7 inches of legroom with stretch-seat options. A small additional fee gives passengers that little bit of extra space.

• Choose your seat: Many airlines have moved away from assigned seating, but on Frontier passengers can select a seat that lets groups stay together in the air.

• Best for: Vacationers, holiday travelers and frequent fliers who want extra room and more control over their experience.

Profile picture of Erika Armstrong
Erika Armstrong

Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Frontier Airlines Company Information