3.6/5 (1246 ratings)

About Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?

Original review: June 27, 2022

I flew from Tampa to Buffalo and the flight attendants act like they own the plane instead of you being the customer who pays their check! They are rude and nasty. Flights always late and they charge you for everything on top of flight cost!!!!

Original review: June 27, 2022

Sold us ticket for flight that did not exist and left it on their website as an available flight. They could not answer questions about why the flight was not removed from the website or why they did not notify 3rd party.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 27, 2022

Arrived in Salt Lake airport 3 hours early, checked in the night before, set for a flight home. Tried to download boarding pass and the system wouldn't let me in. Changed my password and followed the steps, still no access. Went to Frontier Ticket counter and they had no one there. Airport said they only have a few people and they are at the gate. Couldn't get through security without a boarding pass and 24 hour customer service was no help. I had to buy a second ticket through another airline to get home. Spoke to Frontier and they made it out to be my fault as I was marked as a no show. Out the money, no customer services provided. Pay a little extra and go to an airline that still treats you like a customer.

Original review: June 25, 2022

I have flown Frontier 3 times. The last 2 flights were delayed. Last night's plane had no air conditioning until we took off but it never got cool. Male flight attendant was rude. Am looking for another airline.

Original review: June 22, 2022

Website says check in "at least 2 hrs" before your flight. Apparently, after waiting on line to check in for an hour after our original flight got bumped 4 hours out, we were told we couldn't check in until 2 hrs before the flight. This was post NOWHERE online or near check in. After stating that to the check in attendants, they said "we don't manage the website/info" then called for the next in line. So after hanging in the airport for hours for a flight they bumped out 4 hours, I got to get on line AGAIN for another hour to check in again in which they decided to take a break and not decide to do any work until 20 mins in. I know I'm not the only ones there since all the other customers were expressing the same opinions. We will NEVER....EVER use Frontier or Spirit Airlines again. This is a mistake I will never repeat.

Original review: June 21, 2022

I wish there was zero I could give this Airline. I purchased two tickets at the same day of departure on June 8th 2022. I checked in before arriving to the airport. I was in the airport because of covid-19 test. They didn't allow us to departure. When I called customer service saying I want to cancel she said she canceled it. My husband cell wasn't working so we get the confirmation of cancelation. She did say we don't need to worry. We will get our refund but we need to wait for seven days To get our refund into original account. I waited for 7 days. I didn't receive my refund, when I called them saying I canceled the ticket. They are saying I did show up to the airport. How can all of their stuff should be so irresponsible? None of them didn't write anything that we were in the airport and especially the woman that we talked to her on the phone for 25 minutes she didn't do anything for us. Don't use their business. They are thieves. I will case on them.

Original review: June 20, 2022

I checked in via the mobile app 2 hours before the fight. I got the airport 1 hour before the flight, there was only 1 working kiosk to check in baggage. After waiting 15 mins for my turn the kiosk stated it too late to check in by 1 min and to see an agent at the counter. Wait in another long line for 15 mins just so a rude agent can tell me that I’m 30mins late and I have to pay $99 to rebook. When I ask when is the next flight I’m told they couldn’t give me that information at the moment and I must stand to the side while the check in others. I asked for a manager, I was told it could take 4 hours for a manager. I missed the flight and had to book with another carrier. Worst checkin experience ever. I was treated as if I did not pay for my ticket.

Original review: June 19, 2022

This airline is horrible. I guess it’s true that you get what you pay for. I even bought the premiere upgraded bundle and this was the worst travel experience ever. I was coming from Dallas to Denver and the turbulence was horrible. I also had to wait at least an hour and a half to get my bags in Denver and I waited over two hours to get my bag in Dallas. I can honestly say that this was the worst Father's Day ever.

Original review: June 18, 2022

The only reason I am giving one star is because I can’t go any lower. We had booked a flight from Atlanta to New York to attend my son’s graduation. We reached the airport on time. We had already paid for the carry on baggage. When we went to check in our bag there was a huge line. People had been waiting for two hours just to check their bags in. We missed our flight. We were then asked to stand in another line to get rerouted. The alternate flight they offered us was for the next day which was of no use to us as we would have missed our son’s graduation. We went to Delta Airlines and had to purchase three tickets shelling out $2300 as there was no way we were going to miss our son’s graduation. They were so many other passengers who missed important events because of this horrible airline.

There was a woman who was in tears because she was going to miss her mother’s funeral. If you are attending important events like weddings or graduation please do not choose this airline because you can’t trust this airline to take you there on time. It may cost you less to purchase the ticket with them but keep in mind that you also have to pay for carry on bags because they are not free with this airline. The hassle and stress this airline will cause you is really not worth it. Never ever will I travel with Frontier. This airline is a total scam.

Original review: June 18, 2022

I am in the Philadelphia area staying at my parents' home watching my Mother die after 10 months of suffering from gallbladder cancer. Originally I wasn't sure if this was the last time I'd see her, but within a few days of landing last week it was obvious. I called the airline yesterday to adjust my return flight and they wanted to charge me $280 for cancelling. I hung up and called back, assuming that it was just an erroneous (or insane) representative, but even the second rep said something similar. I was also surprised to be repeatedly routed to the Philippines at 2pm EST on a regular working weekday (Friday). Net-net I skipped my flight and sacrificed the value of the ticket rather than risk getting charged BECAUSE MY MOTHER DIDN'T DIE FAST ENOUGH FOR FRONTIER.

Frontier Airlines author review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1994, Frontier Airlines now launches more than 375 flights each day to destinations throughout the U.S., Mexico and Jamaica. Today, this relatively new airline employs more than 3,000 aviation professionals.

• Get the works: Frontier Airlines offers a package price that includes services such as refund-ability, free change service, priority boarding, extra carry-on and checked bag allowance and more.

• Exclusive discounts on fares: Travelers who join the Frontier Airlines Discount Den get access to low-rate fares only available to members. Members can book flights for up to six people on the same subscription.

• Manage flights online: Through the Frontier website, travelers can check in, book flights, make changes and check on the status of their flights.

• Economy-plus options: Get the same low fares on economy-class seating but nab an extra 5 to 7 inches of legroom with stretch-seat options. A small additional fee gives passengers that little bit of extra space.

• Choose your seat: Many airlines have moved away from assigned seating, but on Frontier passengers can select a seat that lets groups stay together in the air.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Advisor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Frontier Airlines Company Information