2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.31/5

Frontier Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?

Original review: March 21, 2020

I fly Frontier Airlines once a month, Customer service is excellent and Super Accommodating, The Airline prices round trip are always the guaranteed Best Price, Frontier always has Special pricing Promotions going on, I needed 1 month to have wheelchair Assistance, not an Issue, perfect, As well the employee who gave assistance with the wheelchair actually was pushing 3 wheelchairs at the same time, He was great and not any Mishaps, Furthermore, If you need to cancel due to an unexpected death or injury, They will 99 percent give you a credit voucher to be used within 90 days, Airline is always Clean, no issue there, Every Airline is delayed one time or another due to unexpected circumstances, Frontier will give you a good voucher and or a credit Voucher for your next trip,

The Airline Attendants are always well versed, professional, and always Ask if you need something, they are educated and knowledgeable about the AirCraft, The pilots are great and always keep you informed and the Pilots are Actually humorous! Seats are new and comfortable, Frontier Airlines are a true Asset to the Travel Industry and Frontier Airlines are an Indispensable Airline, keep on Flying, I will always be a Loyal, repeat Client, Thank you to everybody at Frontier Airlines! See you all soon!! Frontier Airlines always adds a new aircraft daily, What can I Say I love Frontier Airlines and I will continue to fly the Airline.

Original review: March 16, 2020

So I am a repeat offender, meaning the last trip with Frontier was not my first experience using Frontier. Each time I travel, it's like I get carte blanche service. From the desk to the pilots, I have gotten nothing less than respect and quite a few smiles. To ask if I would use Frontier again would get you a definite yes. I traveled from San Antonio to Orlando on my last trip, the plane was a little late arriving in San Antonio and we were already going to get in late, but to my surprise we not only got to Orlando on time, we got to Orlando ahead of time. I joked with the pilot that he had a lead foot and he jokingly said that I should see him drive. It was a good experience.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I had to fly from Salt Lake City, UT to Austin, TX. My company went bankrupt, so it was time to go back home. Frontier had the lowest price for the one way flight, so I gave them a chance. I'd never flown with them before. Thankfully, I looked at the fine print, and saw that I had to pay for my bags. Carry on, and stowed luggage. The crazy thing is, the luggage was almost as expensive as the ticket! The airline is cool. As far as I saw, it was also one of the few direct flights to Austin from SLC. I dug the planes livery. They have wildlife themed tail wraps.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I am actually a fan of Frontier. I've flown on several major airlines (American, Delta, United, Korean Air, China Airlines, Cathay Pacific etc etc) economy, premium economy and Business class several times. Ive been on Spirit but Frontier is definitely better for me. Really, don't expect to be treated like royalty on the plane, you're on it to get to where you are and that's it. It's baffling for me how the interior of the plane looks better than those ghetto airplanes of large carriers (AA, United).

I have yet to witness a flight delay. I find it funny that everytime I fly AA or United, IT'S ALWAYS DELAYED. If ever there is a delay due to weather or something regarding personnel, that's something you just can't predict. It's so funny when someone goes through an inconvenience when it's solely their fault since they don't read the fine print. I haven't interacted with anyone in customer service as I check in through my phone, get my boarding pass through the app and I pay for the carry on when I buy the ticket as I generally hate people so I try to make minimal contact.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I have flown 3 times round trip, Portland to Austin, for less than $100 each time. I caught their 50 or 75% off sales, which was only good on nonstop flights. All my flights left late and arrived in Austin around 4:00 a.m. but who cares when it's so cheap? I still have my permanent residence in Texas, so I never took luggage either way. Nice not having to bother. It's a no frills type airline but for me to fly that far, nonstop for less than $50 each flight, I can put up with a little inconvenience for 3 1/2 hours. Definitely better than driving the 2500 miles!

I was late arriving for one of my Austin flights and the plane was taking off. I was told I could take the next available flight for $79. I should have looked to see what the next flight to Portland was before calling. I got back to Portland the next day after spending 10 hours in Denver and 2 other stops with long layovers. But, since I could only blame myself for missing my original flight, I didn't gripe. I get their emails and always check their sales. Flying inexpensively is much more fun than driving! They get you where you're going--just leave the whiners at home.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I have never in my life dealt with a company like this. Absolutely awful customer service and experience. I had to cancel my spring break trip with my kids because of COVID and because I didn't randomly pick a date to reschedule a trip within 90 days they have robbed me of 410 dollars, all I asked was to have my credit so that I could pick a date into next year and the answer was a straight no. Didn't let me explain and was so rude.

I cancelled a cruise and they gave me 18 months to use the credit with no problems. The government can bail out an airline company to keep them in business but they want to steal 410 dollars from a single mother who lost her job during COVID. I was treated like a dumb person when on the phone with customer service. I would never ever in a million years recommend this airline to anyone. Absolutely disgusting way to run a business and treat your paying customers. Shame on you Frontier.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I find it unfortunate that Frontier has chosen this time to get greedy. I've been flying Frontier for years and their policies they have put forth during this pandemic are unacceptable. To expect people to use travel credits from cancelled flights within 90 days when we haven't a clue as to how things will transpire from one day to the next is crazy. I cancelled my summer vacation to California for obvious reasons. Today was my deadline to use my travel credit. I attempted to book the same trip next summer so as to not lose my credit, and they've hiked up most future prices (2021) so much, that I would owe an additional $700.00 to take the same trip. I booked a random trip to Vegas in January so as to not lose my credit, but after that trip (if I will be even able to take it), I will not fly Frontier again. Very disappointing.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I had round trip tickets on Frontier to take my family of three on vacation in mid-March. Two days prior to my trip, Frontier informed me that they had canceled my return flight and had booked me on a flight six hours later. This would not allow me to meet other obligations, so I asked for a refund. They would only refund the return flight even though I had purchased both legs as a round trip. I reluctantly accepted a credit for just over one thousand dollars for both legs. The agent advised that I had to use the credit within 90 days. With the Covid 19 virus starting to take off, I expressed my concern with the time limit, but was assured that all I had to do was call customer service and they would easily extend the time on the credit for another 90 days.

As the 90 day mark approached, I started calling customer service. Apparently, Frontier had cut back drastically on its call center staffing. I could not even get put on hold. I either got a busy signal, or a message stating that they were experiencing high call volume and to try later; at which point I was cut off. This went on for days. There was no venue on their website to extend my credit, only to use the credit for purchasing a new flight. After over a week of calling, I finally got through to the automated system and spent two hours on hold to talk to an agent. I explained that I needed to extend my credit and that I had been trying to get through for over a week. The agent acknowledged that it had been extremely difficult for people to get through on the phone and then proceeded to tell me that since I was now just past the 90 days that my credit was no longer valid and there was nothing he could do.

I explained that I had followed the directions of the Frontier agent and the only reason that the 90 days had passed was that Frontier simply would not answer their phone. Not my fault. After arguing with me for about ten minutes, the agent put me on hold to talk to a supervisor. I was on hold for another two hours. The supervisor again acknowledged the phone issue but again stated that there was no remedy. When I said that I could not believe that a company like Frontier would blatantly take a credit away from a customer through no fault of his own and that it amounted to theft, the supervisor said that she was elevating my concern and connected me with a supervisor at the Frontier headquarters in Denver, CO.

I thought that certainly, I would now have my issue taken care of by someone at the corporate office. I explained everything I had gone through, and that I was simply trying to get the credit reinstated or find another solution such as a refund, or even issuance of “miles” equivalent to the value of the credit. The supervisor stated that they all seemed like reasonable solutions, and that he was aware of the issues getting through to the call center, and that he had no doubt that the agent three months earlier had advised me that it would be no problem to call customer service and extend the time on the credit, and that I had done everything according to the directions I had received from Frontier representative.

He then said that, unfortunately, the 90 day time period was firm and that my credit was gone. I was in disbelief. He then said that since my first interaction three months earlier, their policy had changed and that they no longer extended credit. He acknowledged that Frontier had not sent any notification to people who had credits and that maybe “they could have done a better job communicating”. Nonetheless, he had no remedy for my situation. After I recapped everything he had told me and expressed my opinion that Frontier was stealing over one thousand dollars from me, he agreed that I had a complete understanding of the circumstances and his unwillingness to provide a remedy. He then said, “So why are we still talking?”

Suffice it to say that the conversation devolved into me telling him what I thought of him and of Frontier Airlines at which point he hung up on me. It is still beyond my comprehension how a representative at the national headquarters of a major company like Frontier Airlines could shamelessly and in such a condescending manner justify the theft of any amount of money from one of their customers. There is also the fact that they changed company policy to force people to use flight credits during a global pandemic or lose their money. This is a company that has completely lost its way and has no moral compass. Their business model now includes ripping off passengers.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

First, I’ve NEVER have had to pay so much for baggage in my whole flying experience- there and “back” for a total of approx. $350 and that’s not even with the check in to return to Memphis bc we were never able to get on the flight! We also will not get a refund on our $160 for the return check in bags. We spent more in bag prices than the tickets. I was also on the phone with customer service for 1 hour and 22 minutes- only about 20 mins spent on the phone bc I was on hold to talk to the supervisor due to the different checkin and carry on baggage prices- it said 6 dollars on the app and 41 dollars on the website.

Every time I would try to pay on the app my total would change. After spending all of that time trying to get baggage fees taken care of (the reason why the prices were different was bc there was a “glitch” in the app and we had to pay the $41 through the website) we get to the check in stand and she says “oh unfortunately you are too late. Our next flight will go out Thursday Aug. 8th. Sorry.” We got there at 2:20 and our flight boarded at 3. We then said “well can we take our bags on the plane?” She said “no. Sorry”. Not to mention her eye rolling and and horrible attitude. We then asked if we can get a refund on the baggage fees bc that’s why we were behind on check in- again. She said no. We were then forced to pay $400 at American Airlines to leave that day. We could not wait 4 days. (Whom I will be using for the rest of my flying experience- 5/5 stars).

As soon as we get to the checkin at American the attendant said “would you like to take all your bags on the plane as carry ons?” Because they were all carry ons- we just had two that were heavy. He OFFERED for us to take them on the plane. We ended up still checking in one bag which only costed 30 DOLLARS. Frontier it costed $110 just to check in two bags for departure. And another $74 for the carry ons JUST for departure. Not to mention the planes were extremely dated, dirty and gross. No outlets/USB to charge your phone either. I will always slander Frontier. The WORST airline ever. And I’ll we asked for in return was our baggage refund. They’re nothing but a con.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

I booked a flight for a wedding that did not happen in June. I cancelled the flight in May and I only had 90 days to use my credit. In the meantime, I had to have a full cornea replacement on my eye so I called and was told they would extend it until the end of the year. I called today, just to be told my $166.80 credit had expired so now I am out all that money. As a company they were so confused when Covid-19 issue came about and I understood but to only give customers 90 days to use a credit in the middle of a pandemic is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. I WILL NEVER FLY FLY FRONTIER AGAIN!!!

Frontier Airlines author review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1994, Frontier Airlines now launches more than 375 flights each day to destinations throughout the U.S., Mexico and Jamaica. Today, this relatively new airline employs more than 3,000 aviation professionals.

• Get the works: Frontier Airlines offers a package price that includes services such as refund-ability, free change service, priority boarding, extra carry-on and checked bag allowance and more.

• Exclusive discounts on fares: Travelers who join the Frontier Airlines Discount Den get access to low-rate fares only available to members. Members can book flights for up to six people on the same subscription.

• Manage flights online: Through the Frontier website, travelers can check in, book flights, make changes and check on the status of their flights.

• Economy-plus options: Get the same low fares on economy-class seating but nab an extra 5 to 7 inches of legroom with stretch-seat options. A small additional fee gives passengers that little bit of extra space.

• Choose your seat: Many airlines have moved away from assigned seating, but on Frontier passengers can select a seat that lets groups stay together in the air.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Frontier Airlines Company Information