1.23/5
Based on 162 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1309 Frontier Airlines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 16, 2018

If I could give no stars I would have - flying Frontier is not worth the aggravation. There are always delays with Frontier and they WILL NOT cancel the flight. I've sat at the airport (both in Trenton, NJ and Orlando, Fl airports) anywhere from 3 hours to 8 hours. They will not send you home or tell you how long the delays will be, you just sit and wait. But this was the last time I will ever fly with them.

Got to the Orlando airport 2 hours early (4:15 am) to sit on a line that wrapped around the airport. They had 3 flights that were leaving around the same time one to Trenton, Philadelphia and another to Chicago. So they have one massive line for everyone to check in - Trenton leaving first. We sat on the line that felt was never moving, no-one ever came to tell us last call for the Trenton flight and we did not hear any announcement for the 6:15 am flight to Trenton (we were at least 50 people deep away from the counter).

By the time we got to the counter 5:35 am, they told us we missed the our window to board the flight. They would not refund my tickets, or the seats and luggage (FYI you have to pay separately for). They just kept saying, "Sorry. No refunds." I told them, "We won't be on that flight. You can at least give us the refund for the seats/luggage we bought." They kept saying no refunds and then moved us to the next morning flight which I told them there was no point - we need to catch a flight with another airline to get back to NJ today, but they still moved us. I had to then pay Southwest to fly me to Newark out of my own pocket for over $1000.00. Pay $60 for a taxi then still drive to Trenton pay another $40 to get my car out of the parking lot.

I fly to Florida at least twice a year and always used Frontier cause they seemed to be cheaper but I have since done the math - if you're a family with kids you want to sit together so you have to pay extra. Luggage per person to check in you pay extra, carry-on you actually pay more than checked luggage. When you add everything up they cost as much as a regular flight from Newark to Orlando. What you don't account for is the delays (maintenance, weather or random delays) minimum 3 hrs-8 hrs maximum. When you add that all up Frontier is not worth it. Save your money and your sanity. Fly out of Newark to Orlando. In the end if I would have flown any other airline I would have actually saved money than dealing with Frontier Airlines. The worst airline I have ever dealt with.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I booked a flight with Frontier and was offered a hotel booking with my flight. I accepted and booked the hotel as well. When dates changed for me I found that my hotel booking was NONREFUNDABLE even though I was still over 30 days from the date of my stay! The agent I spoke with said it was the hotel's policy; so I called the hotel and was informed that it was not their policy that it was the policy of Frontier that would not refund my booking. I will never use Frontier again, even if they are giving flights away! I will always speak out against this company of THIEVES! This is legal robbery by a corporation. They have successfully robbed me of over $500.00!!! Take the advice of a first time fool, DO NOT USE FRONTIER AIRLINES FOR ANYTHING, EVER!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 11, 2018

I would first like to stress how unprofessional and poor the customer service is with this airline. Not only is the customer service poor and unprofessional so was the management of how our whole situation was handled. On 6/27/18 upon arrival to the airport our flight was posted as delayed. We continued to check our bags ($140) and wait an hour in our appropriate terminal. We then heard that the flight was cancelled and not even from an employee but from another angry customer on our same flight.

After heading back to the Frontier Airlines desk we were told that we were not being reimbursed for our bags (that never left the front desk) and that not only was the flight cancelled but has been cancelled for THREE days now for illegal substances being found on the plane that was supposed to be coming to get us!!! Knowing that the flight was going to be cancelled they deliberately allowed us to spend more money by letting us check bags then arguing that they would not refund that money. We were then told by an employee that our one night stay in a hotel would be reimbursed as well (since we lived out of town) which we later were told to go through the airport and track down their employee that said it because that is not their policy.

So after trying to find last minute flight which cost us $1300.00, we were then out for the hotel in Saint Louis, the hotel in Las Vegas, a day of a rental car, and a day of our vacation. The little paper that we were given with instructions on how to get our refund has an email we need to send receipts to but it doesnt even work. And the so called "refund" doesnt even come close to the amount of money we are out now!!! Not even sure how this airline is open after reading all these other reviews now! Would give 0 stars if allowed!!!

Original review: July 9, 2018

I planned to visit my boyfriend in Salt Lake City a month ahead of time and bought my ticket from Frontier Airlines, if I had known at the time all the trouble I would have to go through I would have went with another airline. The first problem I had was on the way out to Salt Lake City, it was a delay of 3 hours in the Denver airport. This was an inconvenience, however not the end of the world. The night before my flight back to Little Rock I received an email that said my flight was cancelled and it only gave me two options, to either get a refund on the unused part of my ticket plus travel miles with Frontier (obviously I don't want to fly with Frontier ever again) or to get a refund of up to $400 if I bought a ticket with another airline plus more travel miles with Frontier.

The original round-trip ticket was only $375 and I would have only gotten half of that back. So in more simple terms I was being screwed out of money since their company policy is not to pay you back in full the cost of the new ticket. The night before my flight there is no way I could have found a ticket with another airline cheaper than $400. I ended up paying $600 for my one-way ticket back home since it was so last minute. I would think with any respectable airline there would have been another option (or a full refund for the new ticket in previous options would have sufficed), to offer another flight free of charge.

Frontier Airlines clearly doesn't strive to serve customers to the customer's satisfaction. They left me stranded in a city hours from my home without even the option of giving me a full refund on the new ticket I had to buy because they cancelled my flight the night before. The money Frontier Airlines cost me was hard earned money supposed to go towards my college tuition or books. It is very disappointing that Frontier doesn't take care of its customers and works with them.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I give this airline a 0. Worst airline experience of my life. Our flight was canceled. They said it was weather related (that is what staff is told to say), however both departure and destination weather was beautiful without a could in a sky. If you think you are going to save money with this airline THINK AGAIN. They were anything but helpful and offered a flight 2/3 days out (that is not even an option as we had to get home for work). In the end we had to purchase 4 last minute flights to get home via another airline costing us an additional $1800 for the trip. Frontier will only reimburse you for your unused tickets and say goodbye to the money you paid for your checked bags (they did not reimburse that). In the end if we flew with a reliable airline we would have paid MUCH LESS and had a much better experience.

I am amazed that they can get away with this and there is no consumer protection against what they are doing by leaving customers stranded with no real options to get to their destination. As an apology they sent me an email for a $100 credit towards another fight!? REALLY?I? Frontier you have already cost me time and $1800 and will never get another booking from me - ever!. I am warning all not to fly this airline. Buyer beware - they cancel when their flight is not at a certain number of passengers and are NOT helpful in making things right. Another couple (same situation as us) had both their destination and returning flights CANCELED. Ultimately they spent over $1200 per person to fly from Tampa to Las Vegas round trip. If they originally booked through a more reliable airline cost would have been 1/3 of that. Spend a little bit more upfront and avoid unanticipated financial hardships later.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?

Original review: July 6, 2018

Unbelievably bad service. Stranded my wife and I in Grand Rapids after cancelling our tickets inexplicably without telling us. Customer service was not even close to apologetic. They cost us $1300 to get home. Never again. Extremely unprofessional. Spent hours on the phone with their careless customer service with no helpful resolution.

Original review: July 2, 2018

If I could give this airline a 0, I would. Worst airline experience of my life. Our flight was delayed 4 times in perfect weather only to be canceled at midnight due to crew being timed out, something which an airline should be able to know about several hours before the flight. They were anything but helpful in booking hotels and new flights. You have to do that all on your own. Never have I had to do that when I’ve had canceled flights in similar situations. Also, Frontier could not get us to our destination for 2 full days. They only reimburse you a set amount, which we went over, and you have to front the cost.

It cost me $2700 to fly and house my family, $800 which I will not be reimbursed. I called and spoke with customer service and they said it is against company policy to reimburse my $800. I will never be flying with this airline again. If you need to be someplace the day following your suggested flight time, I would book another airline, because even when the weather is fine, there’s no guarantee you will make it to your destination that day. DO NOT FLY WITH FRONTIER!! IT IS NOT WORTH IT!!!

Original review: July 1, 2018

I bought 2 roundtrip tickets back in January 2018 for my husband & I to fly from Salt Lake City to Orlando on June 25. First thing the morning of the 25th my email is blowing up saying, "Your flight has been delayed." We call the customer service line to find out what is going on, we wait & wait & wait (hour & a half). Finally someone comes on the line only to give us another number to call!! No luck there. Finally get a real person on the line, she doesn't listen to what we are asking for as far as help. So we drive to the airport (3 hours away) only to find out that our flight has been cancelled!!! No email saying it was cancelled. Only delayed.

We are obviously upset & we ask how they (the airline) is going to fix it. I'm handed a piece of paper giving me two options, both for vouchers. Vouchers that can only be used on their airline & that will not get me to my destination THAT DAY!! I was told there was no other flight going where I needed to go for 2 days! So at the last minute we had to run to another ticket counter for another airline & pay $650 more to get to our destination!!! Needless to say we were not very happy!! Frontier Airlines you have horrible customer service, the seats are very uncomfortable (we were able to use our return flight back home on Frontier). NEVER AGAIN will I use this airline!!! NO STAR RATING!

Original review: July 1, 2018

Expect NO cash refund - even when you are under the 24 hour limit. Booking was made to Ontario, California ONT CA instead of Ontario, Canada. Stupid mistake, I'll admit. BUT, they charged 200.00 to cancel and the remaining money will NOT be refunded; rather credited to another flight (we know no one at any of their destinations). A vacation that we saved for over two years was ruined, and they have their money. Shame on you Frontier! How cruel can you be? I'll laugh at your demise from lack of customers.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Booked through Expedia, first time using Frontier & the last! After waiting 4 hours for "repairs" to plane. We boarded (a filthy hot plane with rude flight attendants). The pilots entered the cockpit, then left shaking their heads, making the entire plane question the safety of the repairs. The flight attendant then asked all the passengers making the connection flight to Omaha from Austin to deplane & either offered a refund or to reschedule 4 days later! At the ticketing station the attendant actually came over to the line and started yelling and pointing her fingers at the passengers trying to get answers. They are the worst & should not be in business. Book with a reputable airline agency not with Frontier!

Original review: June 29, 2018

On 06/28/18 I was to have a flight from San Juan PR to Miami at 3.30 am with Frontier Airlines. At the moment of the check in I found out that my flight was cancelled without previous notice. A lady staff member give me two options first to wait to the following day or second to buy another ticket with any other airline no higher than 400 dollars and they will return my money expend no longer of 7 days, today I received an email from Frontier Airline stating they will review my claim in a period time of 30 days...said what. I'm a hard worker woman. This is an insult. And I would like to know of any agency who can help regarding this issue...please do not fly with Frontier.

Original review: June 29, 2018

My Family and Booked our flight early in March from CVG (Cincinnati) to SJC (San Jose, CA) for our California vacation. We received a message about 5am as we headed to the airport that the 8:22am departure from CVG was delayed til 10:07am, no biggie, we get to the airport, checked our suitcase and proceeded to wait in the terminal, we see the jet pull in to dock and other passengers from the incoming flight arriving, exiting the plane.

The Frontier manager at the terminal desk says to please be patient for another 1/2 hour while they clean and prep the plane for our flight to San Jose... now it’s about 11:00 am (2 hrs:38 minutes late now)... then about 11:30 am, the monitors show the flight as cancelled, everyone (passengers) approach the terminal desk, the Frontier managers intercom another message that they have canceled the flight & the next available is a few days away. Many people in uproar and we had to scramble to Delta to get a last minute 2 leg flight for San Jose that cost us $1800 (family of 3). They gave us a paper that says we can be reimbursed up to $400 per person ($1200) total + $200 “vouchers” for each of us.

This amount is obviously not enough to cover the cost of our newly booked Delta, not to mention the money we already paid Frontier for the original flight tickets + this cost us a whole day of our vacation, a hotel and rental car day of cost as well as we had to wait at CVG all day for the evening Delta flight, we arrived in San Jose finally with Delta and had no issues with them, they were great service and very helpful. Frontier said the reason they cancelled our flight was a staff member had “timed out” and they had none to fill in.

Meanwhile at the same terminal, other Frontier flights to Denver, Albuquerque, Houston, etc were boarding without delay... we were left stranded, one lady was crying as she needed to get back to San Jose immediately to see a gravely ill family member. I think everyone in the terminal was thoroughly disgusted with Frontier, this is completely UNACCEPTABLE and not how to treat customers and run a business, people depend on their schedules to be upheld, (other than bad weather or mechanical failure, employee “timed out” is NO EXCUSE) we paid hard earned money and put much faith in Frontier and they simply stab you right in the back and then act like it’s no big deal and could care less about every customers life situation & don’t even intend to cover all cost of inconvenience they caused.

I will not use Frontier again as well as spread the word to everyone I can to not use them. I intend to pursue legal action at least for all costs associated with this debacle created by Frontier that cost us time, money, stress, & aggravation, etc. I vote for a class action suit or some sort of legal action to reimburse all whom have suffered these terrible actions and treatment... not to mention, the hidden fees for seats, baggage, etc. makes them no cheaper than any other airline. Please comment and reach out if you have experienced similar, Let’s take legal action.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I am a single mom with two girls. We flew to Denver from Atlanta to visit my brother and his wife. Our flight to Denver from Atlanta (FLIGHT 423) was delayed an hour and a few minutes. Not a big deal, however, on June 25, before our return flight to Atlanta at 12:05 am MST, I checked my email around 7 pm. Our flight from Denver to Atlanta (flight 1462) was canceled. I called Frontier on the number they provided me in the email. I waited and waited and waited. After 45 minutes, a customer representative answered. He offered a return trip to Atlanta but on June 28! He offered no accommodations, no car rental, or no access to meals. I told him there was no way I could stay that long in Denver with my girls without accommodations. I am a single mom and teacher and work hard for my money, but I don’t have money to just throw away for 3 more days in Denver.

My brother and his wife were leaving the house they were sitting and driving to Canada the day we left. So we had to go. We had no place to stay. I asked to speak to his supervisor. After a few minutes, the supervisor answered. She listened to my story then offered Denver to Birmingham (Flight 528). I took it and three $100 travel vouchers. I took the flight because we had to get home to work. I couldn’t afford three more days in Colorado. I had to spend an extra night in Longmont, pay for three meals for three people, extend my car rental and cancel work for the next day because who knew what time we would get into Birmingham? After my flight to Atlanta was canceled I thought so could the flight to Birmingham. We were delayed out of Denver and arrived in Birmingham a little over an hour late. I had to pay for someone to pick me up in Birmingham, drive me to Atlanta airport, pick up my car then drive two hours home.

Frontier offered me NO COMPENSATION for ANY CHARGES I incurred. I called the customer service representatives to discuss a refund for the flight from Denver to Birmingham and they flat out refused. They told me since we took the seats to Birmingham, they owed us nothing! I paid for three tickets to get me from Atlanta to Denver and then Denver to Atlanta, not BIRMINGHAM. I had no choice. I was going to be stuck paying for accommodations in Denver for three more days or I could take a flight to get close to Atlanta and hope I could get home. When you pay for a service, you should get that service, not half of it. Frontier did not hold up their end of the bargain so I feel they should refund the money for those tickets. I have no problem paying for services when they are delivered correctly. But I do have a problem paying for services and not getting what I paid for.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Arrived at Austin Airport 6/25/18 to fly home into Ontario CA. Got a text and email that 5:45pm flight was delayed until 6:50pm. Waited about an hour then went to find out gate information and found out flight was completely cancelled. No text no email. Went down to the front desk area and reps stated the next flight out would be Wednesday 6/27/18! Had to buy another ticket for the next day through Southwest.

Called Frontier several times that evening to try and see what happened, when refund would come and why the next flight was so many days out, and the recording stated "we are getting higher than normal call volume" then the call would drop. My experience with them, and now (should have done this prior to booking) reading reviews and talking with friends and strangers I learn maybe stay away from this airline until they work their kinks out. I personally will never fly them again, bad experience and when I travel the last thing I want is an airline that cannot or will not go above and beyond for me...

Original review: June 28, 2018

Make no mistake, Frontier is a budget airline with highly competitive pricing. As such, no reasonable consumer should expect the same level of comfort from Frontier that they would from a more expensive airline. However, consumers should still be able to expect timeliness, kindness to customers, and clear communication. Frontier delivers on none of these fronts.

My flight from Bismarck, ND to Denver was delayed by 3 hours, and I consequently (just barely) missed my connecting flight to Salt Lake City. There was absolutely zero communication from Frontier staff as to why the flight was delayed. At this point I was not upset. Delays are an inevitable part of travel, and delays for weather or equipment safety are completely understandable. However, what followed was the worst customer service experience of my entire life.

I waited in line for over an hour at the Frontier customer service desk. I was traveling for a continuing education course, and it was not worth it for me to arrive late. Thus, I simply wanted to return home. The woman at the desk absolutely refused to engage me in conversation. I asked reasonable questions about how to book a flight home, but she would only look at me and ask "Do you want a refund?" I asked if this refund would cancel my flights home or if there were any hotel accommodations available. Again, she looked at me and simply asked "Do you want a refund?" It was like talking to a robot. I accepted the refund, and she slid me a pink card with a number to call to arrange for a hotel.

At this point it is after midnight, I am in an airport of a city I am unfamiliar with, and I have no hotel and no plan on how to get home. I call the number on the pink card to arrange for a hotel, explain my situation, and ask if anything is available. Without skipping a beat, the person on the phone said "There are no rooms available. Is there anything else I can help you with?" "I guess not" I sighed. I ended up just booking a hotel on my phone at my own expense.

I eventually (using the Frontier website on my phone) arrange for a return flight. This flight was also delayed by 2 hours with no communication from Frontier staff as to why. I have since received a "refund" for my experience, which ended up being $80 from a $350 ticket. Frontier must make use of some creative math. I have all but given up hoping for any sort of compensation for my other incurred expenses such as my hotel.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I understand the negative reviews. I was stranded overnight in Denver because Frontier waited four hours to announce they were cancelling the flight -- when they knew well in advance the flight would be cancelled. The problem lies with federally dictated crew rest periods. When a flight arrives too late in the evening, the crew cannot fly again for a specified number of hours, and this delays the flights the next day, creating a domino effect. It is a cycle that will never end until Frontier hires stand-by crews to fill in at key origination airports. Frontier has a good business model and potential to do well, but they need to bite the bullet and hire standby personnel or they will lose so many customers, they will fail.

Original review: June 27, 2018

The flight was delayed from 6 am to 8 pm, I had to take a cab, rent a room and sleep in RDU, then when I got to Denver my next day trip and the customer service securing my night sleep was from the employee imagination, they simply said, "We can't help you sir." They took my money, delayed me for 3 days, messed with my trip plan, make me lose $540 on taxis and hotels, and now they email me a discount voucher on my next trip. I will not use Frontier ever in my life, what kinda sick joke is to tell me there is a flight and send me to another city and then be rude about it.

My advice, if an employee tells you something get it on video so you sue them **. I had a $1000 on me for my trip and now I spend most of it because of the airline, now I am going to my vacation with $260 for a whole week. I hate Frontier airline and I will do everything I can to let all my family and friend know what happen with me. They totally messed up my vacation and after all that gives me attitude and tell me they don't have time for me at the customer service desk. I am done with Frontier, I don't care if it's a free flight. I am not flying with those amateurs again, I am positive they can't stay in business for long. #FrontierSucks #DontFlyFrontier.

Original review: June 27, 2018

This is the 1st and last time I will ever consider Frontier. I had a trip planned to Vegas for my b-day, waited at the airport over 3 delays only for them to cancel the flight at 8:00 pm (we were supposed to board at 8:15). When I called customer service while waiting behind at least 200 people at the gate. I was offered no options to fly to Vegas for 2 More days (as we were told was the earliest flight available) despite my asking for ANY airport in a 5 hour drive radius so that I didn’t lose all the other money on shows, hotel, etc. They offered zero support through other airlines and literally repeatedly read from a script.

I asked for a supervisor. Restated the same phrase over again. It is completely unacceptable to make someone wait for 2 days to get to their destination and offer nothing but a refund (or the next available flight 2 days later - the day of our return!!!) - which doesn’t help because every other airlines quadrupled their prices to get a ticket the following day. Not at all a comparable consideration. I have never experienced such unacceptable treatment from any other airline I’ve ever used.

Ultimately, after much discussion and begging, we were given flights at an airport 7.5 hours of a drive away so drove overnight, booked another hotel, to again try to leave tomorrow afternoon. Unfortunately, my Vegas hotel and show will not be refunded the night of due to No notice and we will also have to book an additional hotel room in Vegas as well. I have lost over $500 by trying to fly with this airline. I would think at minimum they could utilize other airlines to assist you to get to the destination sooner than 2 days! I’m so disappointed and disheartened by this experience.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I was to booked and confirmed and waiting for my delayed flight from PHL to HOU Saturday night, June 23rd. A call was made for volunteers with flexible travel dates to reschedule their flight because the plane was overbooked. A nice voucher was issued, but has ridiculous requirements - use in 90 days, only once, not transferable. I did volunteer and was booked for the next available flight 3 days later, plus having a flight with 2 connections - lasting approximately 17 hours, rather than the direct nonstop. That flight is supposed to be tomorrow. My checked suitcase was already on the plane for flight #1015 and I was told it could not be retrieved. By this time my place was already given up. I figured it would just arrive in Houston early and that it could be delivered to the place I was to be staying.

Sunday morning I called customer service. Was on hold for 45 minutes or more, finally spoke to one person who got me in touch with Michael who was able see that my bag was indeed in Houston. He put a note to the baggage office in Houston saying that there were perishables in the suitcase and that it NEEDED to be delivered. Both my phone number and my daughter's number were included, as well as the address to which the bag should be delivered. I was told there would be handlers in the office in about an hour and to expect to hear from them. We heard NOTHING all day. My daughter called the Houston baggage office almost every hour, never getting an answer. Sunday night I called customer service again. Finally got Madisson who couldn't see where the bag was anymore. She put in another message and said we should hear. I have not heard a thing.

I spent almost an hour on hold waiting for customer service to answer this afternoon. Finally called the customer relations number that Madisson had given me. I spoke with a nice young man, but the answers I received are completely unsatisfactory. The suitcase is in the Houston baggage office which is only open when a flight is arriving. It has been labeled "voluntarily separated" which means that I personally have to pick it up. I am in NJ still. The blueberries are likely spoiled by now and I certainly hope not ruining the clothes and shoes and other items in the suitcase. It will not be delivered to my daughter's home. No one is answering the phone in the office, so how do we know a 1 hour drive to the office for her will actually yield being able to get the bag. And if it has to be me - I'm in NJ. I asked to speak to a supervisor, but none was available. I asked to be called back by a supervisor and am waiting.

Original review: June 25, 2018

On June 24, Frontier cancelled my flight from NYC (LGA) to DEN on flight F9 509. The agents at the airports, who represent Frontier, said the flight was cancelled and told us to go get our bags. The agents at the gates and the ticket counters left. We then proceeded to call Frontier and were on hold for 2 hours. After an agent picked up our call we were transferred 3 times. Ultimately, we had no answers. The agents on the phone did not know why it was cancelled, could not refund the money, would not give us a hotel, told us to go back to the non-existing agent at the airport, and offered us a trip 3 days out. The next available flight was two days out. This breaks FAA guidelines on not giving a refund and available flights.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I honestly don't understand how Frontier is still in business. My girlfriend and I took a little weekend trip to Fort Myers. Saturday night around 6 pm we get a notification from Frontier that our flight for 9 am the next morning has been canceled. When I called to find out what was going on, I had to first wait on hold for over 45 minutes. Then I was told the flight was canceled, no explanation why and that all they could do is book me on a flight leaving Tuesday... Yes Tuesday, 3 days later.

Finally they said I could book another flight and submit a request and they would review and possibly refund my up to $400 of my other ticket. So now I had to try to book a flight for the next day and the cheapest available was $550 - So at a minimum I'm out $300 for two tickets, if Frontier actually reimburses me at all. On top of the monetary frustration, this experience and having to deal with it at 6 pm on Saturday night completely ruined the evening and trip (it took roughly 4 hours from the start of process until we were finally able to book another light, due mostly to being on hold with Frontier multiple times). Ironically, the only reason we took this trip was because Frontier gave us a credit for another trip they canceled on us previously. Bottom line is Frontier is a terrible airline and I personally will never fly with them again.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Like so many other passengers we were stranded at Orlando airport for six hours yesterday. This is not the first we flying with Frontier, we have flown with them so many times because of the fare attraction. Yesterday we supposed to fly from Orlando to Philadelphia departing at 6 PM. We arrived to our early check-in. Board the plane. Everything OK. The pilot taxied The plane out for five minutes and stopped. After waiting for about 20 minute he informed us that there was severe weather in the northeast so we could not take off and wait for another 45 minute.

The second time he mumbling something that we could not even understand. Totally we waited for three hours on the Tarmac and at about 930pm he abruptly announced this flight had been canceled and returned to the gate. That was it. After investigating initially and I know the pilots has been threatened TO STRIKE for a few weeks now so every flight in the entire US has been delayed or canceled. I lost $500 with hotels booked in Philadelphia. I missed my conference. There are thousands of other people who lost time, productivity and went through miserable condition and convenient. The pilot are so selfish to their interest and disregard interest have other thousand passengers.

Original review: June 25, 2018

My husband and I are frequent travelers... We had never flown Frontier until recently - their prices were so good, why not give them a try? Our trip back home to Orlando from Columbus started off well enough. We checked in for our flight the day before, arrived 2.5 hours early, got to our gate... and that's when it started. An airline supervisor walked up to the few of us that were there (early) and informed us that our flight had been canceled. They offered to put us on another flight, two days later (there seems to be a trend here, based on the other reviews). Other airlines would promptly try to help their customers secure alternate travel plans.

We walked to the ticket counter at Frontier, and they simply told us we should book directly with another airline. After running from counter to counter (with options ranging as high as $800 per person), we secured two tickets for +$453 each. I would mention Frontier's poor customer service, only there wasn't any... zip! We will never, never, ever do business with this airline again, and I too will make it a point to share this information with my network of friends and fellow travelers. I urge you to bypass this airline.

Original review: June 25, 2018

My girlfriend booked a long weekend for us through Travelocity. Our destination was New Orleans. Our return flight was with Frontier and the departure time was 8:20 pm. Needless to say, that’s where the fabulous weekend took a horrible turn for the worse. After several delays, all notifications via email, absolutely NO communication from any Frontier employee our flight was cancelled at 12:40 am. We learned of the cancellation through local law enforcement. It’s abundantly clear that customer service is non existent. I will never utilize Frontier and will encourage my network of friends never to use Frontier Airlines as well.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Cancelled our flight and gave no reason after passengers boarded the plane. Previous to that we spend all day from 10 am to 830 in the airport being shipped around and delayed from terminal to terminal. Our only option was to wait two days for another flight out of Denver with an upcharge, or get another flight with another airline, which we had to do costing us an additional 1000 dollars plus hotel and missed day of work. Customer service hung up on four people in front of me, and the line for customer service at airport was three hours long. We will be refunded for our flight with a 500 dollar voucher to only be used if we rebook with their airline at a later date.

Original review: June 24, 2018

"The worst experience in my life." Don't fly with this airline! I reserved our flight two months ago from San Antonio to NewYork. They never explained there is a $45 fee for each carry on luggage. It was three of us and we had 3 carry-ons. They charged us $135 for them. There was no service and they charged $2.99 for a small can of soda. 2 of our luggage damaged severely and we couldn't find their office to claim for them. After an hour of walking, we found the office but there was no one there. We wait for 40 more minutes, finally, a lady showed up and she gave us a claim form with a phone number included. I called the number several times and left voice messages with my phone number. As of now, I haven't received any response. I don't recommend Frontier to anyone.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Be very careful when booking Frontier through Expedia. Expedia charges $100 + more than if you book through the Frontier website. You go to change to the normal fare and there is no refund-only a credit for future flight(s) minus $100. Be very careful of both Expedia and Frontier.

Original review: June 23, 2018

A number of years ago, I began taking direct, round-trip flights from Phoenix to Portland. On one of those trips, a stewardess announced, like they always had, that if one were to sign up for their credit card, one would receive "40,000 miles worth two round-trip tickets if used within the continental US." I decided to sign up for the card. The following summer, I flew round trip from Phoenix to Portland again and used 1/2 of my mileage. All was well. This summer, however was different. There were no one-way flights available from Phoenix to Portland anymore - all flights to Portland were routed through Denver first. So, I was quite surprised when I purchased a round trip ticket to Portland and was charged $250+ for the return flight.

I didn't understand how that could happen and attempted to contact Frontier. I wasn't able to reach them expeditiously, so I took the flight to Portland via Denver. It was when I was on the flight and heard the stewardess make the same sales pitch over acquiring the credit card that it began to sink in for me. Please recall the quote regarding two round-trip flights... What they failed to tell me, and everyone else, about their credit card deal was that any stopover along the way to the final destination was charged 10,000 miles. So, my trip to Portland via Denver cost me 20,000 user miles and that's how I ended up stuck with a payment on the return flight.

Since returning to AZ, I've spoken with frontier on numerous occasions claiming their policy was false advertising and that I wanted a refund of my ticket price or my 10,000 back (BTW, I had a six hour layover in Denver on the way to Portland and three more on the way back). To me, this is a case of patent false advertising when they mention nothing about their policy for stop overs on the way to a final destination. Sure, it may have been buried in the fine print of a document they had me sign while on the flight, but they are evading the truth. The stewardesses are only telling half-truths. I'm sure they turned me down for any kind of return based on it setting a precedent that all of their deceived customers might discover. I hope that's precisely what happens through the BBB.

Original review: June 19, 2018

How many times do I have to ask for a new password and the damned Frontier website keeps asking for a new password every time I enter the one they just sent me. I'm so frustrated. I cannot check in for my flight. They are a horrible and cheap airline. Never again!

Original review: June 15, 2018

Not only is Frontier a liar!!! But they left my luggage in another state!! We called back and forth to airports and they swore they would send my luggage to the state that I am currently in!! They have been giving me the runaround for two days!!! They said my luggage would be here today by 2 pm but when I called the Austin airport they said a flight from the place Frontier left my luggage (Minneapolis) has never arrived. And when asked to check for my bag they swore nooo luggage had been left at the airport and then proceeded to say my things are still in Minneapolis when the Minneapolis people said my luggage would have been delivered approximately two hours ago!! There are very important items in that bag and you all will be speaking to my lawyer if it is not returned or if I am not reimbursed immediately!!! I refuse to listen to the lies Frontier tells me about the whereabouts of my things!!!

Frontier Airlines expert review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1994, Frontier Airlines now launches more than 375 flights each day to destinations throughout the U.S., Mexico and Jamaica. Today, this relatively new airline employs more than 3,000 aviation professionals.

• Get the works: Frontier Airlines offers a package price that includes services such as refund-ability, free change service, priority boarding, extra carry-on and checked bag allowance and more.

• Exclusive discounts on fares: Travelers who join the Frontier Airlines Discount Den get access to low-rate fares only available to members. Members can book flights for up to six people on the same subscription.

• Manage flights online: Through the Frontier website, travelers can check in, book flights, make changes and check on the status of their flights.

• Economy-plus options: Get the same low fares on economy-class seating but nab an extra 5 to 7 inches of legroom with stretch-seat options. A small additional fee gives passengers that little bit of extra space.

• Choose your seat: Many airlines have moved away from assigned seating, but on Frontier passengers can select a seat that lets groups stay together in the air.

• Best for: Vacationers, holiday travelers and frequent fliers who want extra room and more control over their experience.

Profile picture of Erika Armstrong
Erika Armstrong

Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Frontier Airlines Company Information