2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5
Based on 1,462 ratings submitted in the last year

Frontier Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?

Original review: April 1, 2021

I’ve found from my local airport that Frontier is the cheapest way to fly when I keep my eye out for deals. I’ve flown a few times over the past few months with them and they're strict with their Covid protocols.

Original review: March 22, 2021

Frontier is so nice and not what I was expecting when flying during Corona. They were so considerate and not mean or anything like people are writing. I was flying with 2.5 y.o. who absolutely refuses to wear mask and was afraid they'd do something but no, they were very understanding!

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 21, 2021

Frontier is an economical, no nonsense airline. Expect to pay for every amenity IF that is available. I've found the planes themselves to be clean, adequate comfort for most flights. Since I don't check a bag or tote a big backpack, I'm quickly on and off the plane. Good job Frontier. PLEASE don't leave Vermont!

Original review: March 20, 2021

Frontier Airlines has really good prices out of Trenton and Philadelphia. If you belong to the Discount Den you can save even more. ($65.00 to join per year). You can get the discount for up to 6 people as long you're traveling with them. I've only used them to Florida with no issues.

Original review: March 17, 2021

Efficient, friendly, punctual. Total trip was uneventful. Departed on time and arrived as quoted. Baggage was handled with care and was received with no encountered problems. Staff was friendly and courteous before, during and after flight.

Original review: May 4, 2021

We show up to the airport 2 hours before our flight per their instructions. They were not doing electronic boarding passes so everyone had to go to the ticket counter. One person working the counter. We finally get to the counter 1 and a half hours later and they tell us, and roughly the other 50 plus people behind us, that we have to rebook our flight because it’s too close to the flight departure. Their next flight was 4 days later. They told us to call customer service for a refund but I talked to 3 people at customer service who said no refund because we should have taken the other flight 4 days later. We had to pay to board our dogs and lost some of the nonrefundable portion at our resort. They offered us $25 vouchers after complaining to customer service. I’m hiring an attorney.

Original review: May 2, 2021

Could not get me on my flight. 100% their fault and admittedly so. Refund? No. Kept my money including the seat and bag fees. They agreed not to bill me for "missed flight fee", which obviously does not exist. I'm baffled this company is allowed to stay in business after they clearly steal from people. DO NOT TRUST THEM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. If you work for them, know who you are working for. Find another job.

Original review: April 27, 2021

Never in my life have I ever felt this compelled to make several reviews in different sites to speak out about my terrible service EVER! TILL NOW SO LET'S BEGIN!! They nickel and dime you, it is absolutely not worth it. If I can give 0 stars and NEVER EVER experience this company ever again I will. This was those terrible life lessons that taught me to pay good money upfront to avoid secret fees and hassles. They charge you for everything even ** regular airlines don't charge you for. Bottom line you will end up paying way more than what you was trying to avoid paying. Also for us to be in a pandemic and shoved like sardines next to strangers with no way to really social distance was crazy. How are you going to enforce masks but not all the other rules smh.

Also my friend flew down to meet me and used Delta and his experience was different and they actually gave people space in between strangers for safety measures, something Frontier did not care to do because they are about milking as many people as possible than people's health and safety. Their seats are super uncomfortable. Also unless your bag is a purse you're gonna pay for it Especially if you don't pay ahead of time before you get to the airport. Bottom line go to Delta, Jet Blue, even American Airlines... DO NOT USE Frontier. I will absolutely warn everyone and make sure everyone who will travel in the future never uses this company.

Original review: April 22, 2021

My party of 12 arrived at MCO airport 2 hours before our flight departing for SYR, per usual and normal instructions. We printed out our baggage tags since we had 12 bags that needed to be checked and boarded. There was no attendant available at any “bag drop” so I went up and asked where we drop our bags that were ready to board. We were told “there is no bag drop and that we needed to wait in line.” The line stretched out to about 200 yards around 3 corners of the airport that we waited in for 1 hour and 45 minutes. While waiting in line, we overheard Frontier flight attendants talking with airport staff, “wow, I have never seen it this bad before.” We received no updates while in line about our departing flight.

When it was our turn to finally drop off our bags, we were told “You missed your flight, it has already departed.” The only option that was given to us was a flight going into SYR on Thursday, 4/15. This was not a viable option at all since we are teachers and all are scheduled to work on Monday, while we have kids who have school. We were pushed aside for the next people in line who, talking with others, were in the same exact circumstance.

Since Frontier Airlines offered no other viable options for us to get back to SYR or closer to NY, we were forced to look at other airlines. Because flights were so packed, we were forced to split into 2 groups and travel home later that night and into the next day. We could not find any flights from MCO to SYR so we were forced to travel to different airlines, which had us having to rent cars and hotel rooms. All receipts are being provided along with a video showing how long the line was still after we had gone through it. Again, no updates were provided to us while we were in line. If we were contacted to arrive at the airport sooner because of staff shortages or long lines, we certainly would have done this. But zero contact or updates from Frontier airlines were given to us until we were told our flight had departed without us.

Original review: April 11, 2021

I had a departing flight scheduled for May 19th that I needed to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances. This would have been my first time flying in over 8 years. I was told the only way to get my money back was to get a credit. When I told them I wouldn’t be able to use the credit due to having to reschedule my vacation from May to this week, and because I never fly, I was told I would need to provide documentation proving the events I said happened actually happened. The customer service rep never offered to accommodate the flights I need now and when I asked if there was someone else I could speak with she just kept offering to walk me through the website to upload the documents she claimed they needed. This was a horrible experience and I wouldn’t recommend ever using this airline.

Frontier Airlines author review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1994, Frontier Airlines now launches more than 375 flights each day to destinations throughout the U.S., Mexico and Jamaica. Today, this relatively new airline employs more than 3,000 aviation professionals.

• Get the works: Frontier Airlines offers a package price that includes services such as refund-ability, free change service, priority boarding, extra carry-on and checked bag allowance and more.

• Exclusive discounts on fares: Travelers who join the Frontier Airlines Discount Den get access to low-rate fares only available to members. Members can book flights for up to six people on the same subscription.

• Manage flights online: Through the Frontier website, travelers can check in, book flights, make changes and check on the status of their flights.

• Economy-plus options: Get the same low fares on economy-class seating but nab an extra 5 to 7 inches of legroom with stretch-seat options. A small additional fee gives passengers that little bit of extra space.

• Choose your seat: Many airlines have moved away from assigned seating, but on Frontier passengers can select a seat that lets groups stay together in the air.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Frontier Airlines Company Information