2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.20/5

Frontier Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?

Original review: March 21, 2020

I fly Frontier Airlines once a month, Customer service is excellent and Super Accommodating, The Airline prices round trip are always the guaranteed Best Price, Frontier always has Special pricing Promotions going on, I needed 1 month to have wheelchair Assistance, not an Issue, perfect, As well the employee who gave assistance with the wheelchair actually was pushing 3 wheelchairs at the same time, He was great and not any Mishaps, Furthermore, If you need to cancel due to an unexpected death or injury, They will 99 percent give you a credit voucher to be used within 90 days, Airline is always Clean, no issue there, Every Airline is delayed one time or another due to unexpected circumstances, Frontier will give you a good voucher and or a credit Voucher for your next trip,

The Airline Attendants are always well versed, professional, and always Ask if you need something, they are educated and knowledgeable about the AirCraft, The pilots are great and always keep you informed and the Pilots are Actually humorous! Seats are new and comfortable, Frontier Airlines are a true Asset to the Travel Industry and Frontier Airlines are an Indispensable Airline, keep on Flying, I will always be a Loyal, repeat Client, Thank you to everybody at Frontier Airlines! See you all soon!! Frontier Airlines always adds a new aircraft daily, What can I Say I love Frontier Airlines and I will continue to fly the Airline.

Original review: March 16, 2020

So I am a repeat offender, meaning the last trip with Frontier was not my first experience using Frontier. Each time I travel, it's like I get carte blanche service. From the desk to the pilots, I have gotten nothing less than respect and quite a few smiles. To ask if I would use Frontier again would get you a definite yes. I traveled from San Antonio to Orlando on my last trip, the plane was a little late arriving in San Antonio and we were already going to get in late, but to my surprise we not only got to Orlando on time, we got to Orlando ahead of time. I joked with the pilot that he had a lead foot and he jokingly said that I should see him drive. It was a good experience.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I had to fly from Salt Lake City, UT to Austin, TX. My company went bankrupt, so it was time to go back home. Frontier had the lowest price for the one way flight, so I gave them a chance. I'd never flown with them before. Thankfully, I looked at the fine print, and saw that I had to pay for my bags. Carry on, and stowed luggage. The crazy thing is, the luggage was almost as expensive as the ticket! The airline is cool. As far as I saw, it was also one of the few direct flights to Austin from SLC. I dug the planes livery. They have wildlife themed tail wraps.

Original review: March 10, 2020

Everyone from the ticket agents down to the pilots and flight crew were great. Everyone made me feel special. Like the entire flight was just for me. The crew keep me informed as to flight progress and destination time. One of the stewardess lent me her phone when mine died. It was truly a great experience.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I am actually a fan of Frontier. I've flown on several major airlines (American, Delta, United, Korean Air, China Airlines, Cathay Pacific etc etc) economy, premium economy and Business class several times. Ive been on Spirit but Frontier is definitely better for me. Really, don't expect to be treated like royalty on the plane, you're on it to get to where you are and that's it. It's baffling for me how the interior of the plane looks better than those ghetto airplanes of large carriers (AA, United).

I have yet to witness a flight delay. I find it funny that everytime I fly AA or United, IT'S ALWAYS DELAYED. If ever there is a delay due to weather or something regarding personnel, that's something you just can't predict. It's so funny when someone goes through an inconvenience when it's solely their fault since they don't read the fine print. I haven't interacted with anyone in customer service as I check in through my phone, get my boarding pass through the app and I pay for the carry on when I buy the ticket as I generally hate people so I try to make minimal contact.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

Travelers, beware! Flying or booking with Frontier may leave you stranded. October 12, 2020, I was left stranded at the Guadalajara, MX airport because Frontier had failed to confirm my reservation with Volaris, the subcontracted airline they had booked me on, even though I had received several confirmation emails prior to the day of travel. In essence, my ticket was no good.

When I discovered that Volaris had no record of me, I called Frontier, asked how they were going to get me home, and was told repeatedly that all they would do is refund the cost of the original ticket. Thus, if I wanted to get home, I had to buy a ticket directly from Volaris on the same flight I had already paid for, and pay three times as much for it!

I asked for reimbursement right then and was denied. I also called again once I got home, and emailed, and after dealing with 5 more people, was still refused reimbursement. A mistake is understandable, and can be forgiven, but to not take responsibility for it or do what is needed to rectify the situation is reprehensible. Stay away from Frontier!!!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

We all are tempted by a good deal but let me tell you.. After you add on the bag package to check your bag, plus extra for seat selection you’re already hitting pretty close to other airline prices. Here is where the issues I faced flying with them: When you pay and reserve a seat it doesn’t hold to check in. You have to re select and repay for your seat, they won’t credit or validate proof of payment with your receipt. This seems like straight up robbery since I already paid with proof and they wouldn’t honor that.

Second their customer service IS NOT GOOD. I can’t stress this enough, they speak to you without concern or regard to what’s happening. I had a connecting flight from Denver to New York, I flew into Denver on Frontier from Seattle with little issue. When I got to Denver they wouldn’t let me get on the plane because they didn’t approve of my 3m, carbon filtered mask.

The Frontier worker at the front said in order to board I need to purchase a new mask. When I tried asking why, and mentioned I had no issues flying here in my mask she said she doesn’t care and the rules are the rules. I go and buy a $14 disposable mask since that is the cheapest they had at the airport to board. I’m back in line after purchasing the new mask and wait for my turn to board the plane. I’ve already scanned my boarding pass and had my temp. taken from my first attempt.

Once I make it up she already has a handful of people arguing with her that she’s telling to move to the side. I ask if I’m good to get on and her reply was “Now that you can listen and follow rules; go ahead and scan your pass.” Keep in mind I’ve been calm thus far and am beginning to get frustrated after the seat selection money scam, having to go buy a new mask, then having to deal with her being blatantly disrespectful. I respond saying “I wasn’t trying to break rules, and there were no issues flying before here with you”, I’m saying this as I pull up my boarding pass and scan it again.

I begin walking into the plane when I feel her grab my arm and stop me. She really had the nerve to say “I’m not going to have you disrespect me and get on the plane”. I’m not a confrontational person so I just looked at her and then said “I hear you” and walked on and wrote this review before take off. After everything, layover, bags, seat selection, mask and attitude it would’ve been a way better experience overall to just spend the extra $100 - $150 on a different airline.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

We travel a lot and use many different airlines frequent flyers for Frontier but after this will see. BE AWARE they are trying to make up for $$$ now. They picked on who they want to pick on. We had our backpack like always plus my regular purse for the first time ever!! Oh and mind you I watch them let people go in with backpack, purse, carry on and other bags. So they told me I had to pay for my backpack 'cause I can only bring in one personal item! Mind you $60 I can’t put my purse in my backpack 'cause then it won’t fit in their check slot. When I watch them let everyone one else go in with multiple items. But this is not the worse part!

We are a party of 5 people, plenty rows empty, so we get to our seat to find another person seating so now we are 6 full row seats. When asked the flight attendant they can move you if you pay. When there are plenty rows available they decide to put another person in our row with so much room available in the plane! Like are you kidding me? And to top it off the gentleman had the sniffles. So if you ask me they have no concerns about COVID-19 and no safety to follow. They only want you to ask to be moved so they can charge you $$$$ and since you are concerned most likely people will pay instead of spreading people around to keep safety!!!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I purchased the flight Oct 18 by mistake. I wanted to switch to Oct 11 and they have charged me additional 79 dollars. And I cancelled then switch flight and they charged me $157. So, I paid 157 dollars for free and No tickets. I called customer services and they were not helpful at all so I ended up paying $157 free for Frontier without tickets. They don't understand the situation, they all wanted is free money and cheat customers. Never ever recommending these airlines.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I had to cancel my flight due to pandemic related reasons. You could not reach the airlines for months. Once I spoke to someone they said I had 3 days to use my voucher credit although the website said we had until November to book. I didn’t book within that time, figuring the customer service rep gave me bad info since it conflicted with the website info. I tried to use it at a later date when I called and spoke to a rep they would not refund/extend it. They’ve been completely unhelpful during this time and I’ll never do business with them again. They gave you 90 days to rebook a flight but I received no notification of this policy. And the information was changing on the site in a daily, and weekly basis as the pandemic played out. Poor customer relations. I’ll never do business with them again.

Frontier Airlines author review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1994, Frontier Airlines now launches more than 375 flights each day to destinations throughout the U.S., Mexico and Jamaica. Today, this relatively new airline employs more than 3,000 aviation professionals.

• Get the works: Frontier Airlines offers a package price that includes services such as refund-ability, free change service, priority boarding, extra carry-on and checked bag allowance and more.

• Exclusive discounts on fares: Travelers who join the Frontier Airlines Discount Den get access to low-rate fares only available to members. Members can book flights for up to six people on the same subscription.

• Manage flights online: Through the Frontier website, travelers can check in, book flights, make changes and check on the status of their flights.

• Economy-plus options: Get the same low fares on economy-class seating but nab an extra 5 to 7 inches of legroom with stretch-seat options. A small additional fee gives passengers that little bit of extra space.

• Choose your seat: Many airlines have moved away from assigned seating, but on Frontier passengers can select a seat that lets groups stay together in the air.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Frontier Airlines Company Information