2. Travel
  3. Airlines

3.7/5 (1460 ratings)

About Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Best flying experience. I requested help and they came through in every way over and beyond what was expected. From departure to arrival they were helping me, as I am a 75 year old female flying alone with walking problems. I will use Frontier for any future traveling.

Original review: April 1, 2021

I’ve found from my local airport that Frontier is the cheapest way to fly when I keep my eye out for deals. I’ve flown a few times over the past few months with them and they're strict with their Covid protocols.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2021

Frontier is so nice and not what I was expecting when flying during Corona. They were so considerate and not mean or anything like people are writing. I was flying with 2.5 y.o. who absolutely refuses to wear mask and was afraid they'd do something but no, they were very understanding!

Original review: March 21, 2021

Frontier is an economical, no nonsense airline. Expect to pay for every amenity IF that is available. I've found the planes themselves to be clean, adequate comfort for most flights. Since I don't check a bag or tote a big backpack, I'm quickly on and off the plane. Good job Frontier. PLEASE don't leave Vermont!

Original review: March 20, 2021

Frontier Airlines has really good prices out of Trenton and Philadelphia. If you belong to the Discount Den you can save even more. ($65.00 to join per year). You can get the discount for up to 6 people as long you're traveling with them. I've only used them to Florida with no issues.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

My mom was to come home to Denver from Sacramento for a funeral, went through ticketing ok, security ok, got on plane in my seat and buckled when an employee comes and asks me to get off the plane no explanation on why. The ticket counter Gonzolaz was rude and wouldn't provide her a reason why or the incident report explaining what was wrong. I called customer service and there were no notes on to why my mom wasn't on the plane. Big inconvenience for her and my family after the death of relative. So had to go to Southwest Airlines where they were very polite and helpful on accommodating to her needs in time of mourning and got her on their next flight out. Frontier didn't offer a refund just flier miles to use within 1 year. We just want money back. We will never fly Frontier and we will share our experience with others and let them also know how poorly my mom was treated in Sacramento's airport by the staff. Use caution when flying Frontier Airlines.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

We flew frontier from Boston to Orlando on July 16th. When we arrived we noticed that our stroller was not on the treadmill. We filed a claim and were told the stroller would be shipped on the next flight and delivered to our hotel room. However, that never happened. We spent weeks chasing them and never got a clear answer until August 31st when we were offered $75 for the stroller. The stroller cost us $250, but they said they would have to apply depreciation. This is very frustrating. Claim#: **.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Do not fly with Frontier Airlines. They have the worst customer service. I had items stolen out of my checked baggage and Frontier said unfortunately they can not do anything about that but give me a $25 credit for a future flight. I had felt so disrespected and invasion of privacy knowing that someone can go through my luggage and take what they want with no consequences.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

They took money out of my bank account with no notice or explanation and then when I tried to get it back they said they don’t have to give it back. They are crooks and should be out of business. Do yourself a favor and fly with anyone else you can find.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I'm not a complainer, but this experience I got, I do not wish upon anyone. Therefore, I'm sharing the story. Both ways to and from West Palm Beach horrible experience with Frontier. Delay from Trenton NJ to West Palm Beach FL was 5 hours (meaning we spent 7 hours at the Trenton Airport). Due to this delay, I couldn't get the rental car since everything was closed at the Florida Airport (my money lost already). Needed to take Uber and come back next day taking Uber again (additional money) to rent the car. One day of my vacation lost as well. On the way back they cancelled our flight. I called them only to be confirmed by them 3 times that this fight is unfortunately cancelled and they can offer me the flight in 4 days (haha what a good joke). Of course, I could not wait 4 days and who would pay for that? Instead of planned dinner I had to sit on the phone and then look for possible way out from FL.

I booked Spirit 4 tickets for all my travelers. When checking confirmation email I saw Frontier's email stating to forget about cancellation since their flight is on time. Spirit Airlines could not refund me the money of course (not to mention all that time back and forth on the phone). So, I used the Frontier flight since it was to my destination and few hours earlier, unlike Spirit Airline which I was forced to purchase but also it was going to Atlantic City from where the Uber would cost me additional money.

I thought it will be simple for Frontier to refund me that money spent DUE TO THEIR ERROR. However, quickly I've learn that they are not willing to refund me any money since it's different airline. (? What? Isn't that laughable?) Beyond words and spending way too much money and losing time and frustration .... Think twice and spend a bit more money up front on different airline with peace of mind instead of the treatment me and my family got from Frontier. NEVER AGAIN! NOT WORTH A DIME

Frontier Airlines author review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1994, Frontier Airlines now launches more than 375 flights each day to destinations throughout the U.S., Mexico and Jamaica. Today, this relatively new airline employs more than 3,000 aviation professionals.

• Get the works: Frontier Airlines offers a package price that includes services such as refund-ability, free change service, priority boarding, extra carry-on and checked bag allowance and more.

• Exclusive discounts on fares: Travelers who join the Frontier Airlines Discount Den get access to low-rate fares only available to members. Members can book flights for up to six people on the same subscription.

• Manage flights online: Through the Frontier website, travelers can check in, book flights, make changes and check on the status of their flights.

• Economy-plus options: Get the same low fares on economy-class seating but nab an extra 5 to 7 inches of legroom with stretch-seat options. A small additional fee gives passengers that little bit of extra space.

• Choose your seat: Many airlines have moved away from assigned seating, but on Frontier passengers can select a seat that lets groups stay together in the air.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Frontier Airlines Company Information