2.9/5 (638 ratings)

About Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

We traveled from Puerto Rico to Orlando, Florida. The fight was very pleasant and the flight attendants were very nice. I was surprised they had vegan options. And the hot chocolate was super delicious! Thank you, Frontier for a great travel experience.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Best flying experience. I requested help and they came through in every way over and beyond what was expected. From departure to arrival they were helping me, as I am a 75 year old female flying alone with walking problems. I will use Frontier for any future traveling.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2021

Frontier is so nice and not what I was expecting when flying during Corona. They were so considerate and not mean or anything like people are writing. I was flying with 2.5 y.o. who absolutely refuses to wear mask and was afraid they'd do something but no, they were very understanding!

Original review: March 21, 2021

Frontier is an economical, no nonsense airline. Expect to pay for every amenity IF that is available. I've found the planes themselves to be clean, adequate comfort for most flights. Since I don't check a bag or tote a big backpack, I'm quickly on and off the plane. Good job Frontier. PLEASE don't leave Vermont!

Original review: March 20, 2021

Frontier Airlines has really good prices out of Trenton and Philadelphia. If you belong to the Discount Den you can save even more. ($65.00 to join per year). You can get the discount for up to 6 people as long you're traveling with them. I've only used them to Florida with no issues.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

The experience was horrible. My flight from Syracuse to Orlando was canceled with the excuse of the weather however the rest of the airlines there were working. I ended up paying $265 for a last minute ticket with Delta. Two weeks ago I also had a bad experience with Frontier. A flight from San Juan to Orlando with connection in Atlanta was delayed for three hours in San Juan and four hours and a half in Atlanta. Frontier just keep giving excuses to avoid giving compensation and vouchers for their horrible service. Please don’t use this airline. At the end you will be paying more.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

They cancelled our flight and sent an email giving instructions on how to proceed in order to flight with another airline for which they told us to pay and will refund the cost of the tickets by mailing a check in 2 weeks, so I have been calling customer service without success. They keep me on the phone for more than 30 minutes every time (I called several times) and hung up. The only time I was lucky enough to talk to a representative she pretended to be checking my information, keep me on the phone waiting and ended up hanging up on me again. This is the worst company to flight with. If you are making plans check their social media. That way you will see all the complaints because it seems reviews in Google aren't accurate.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

Bought a membership to Frontier's Discount Den and a flight. Cancelled both within 8 hours and the flight cancellation was honored but the Discount Den membership was not cancelled. Fraudulent because the Discount Den cancel membership button even asked for confirmation. We're out the $99, the website only shows "Reactivate Membership" and after a heated argument with customer support supervisors, they now say that cancellation is not allowed.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

After flight canceled then got the lady two seats on a later flight, that flight was delayed and delayed again. Finally boarded and after 45 minutes of waiting on the tarmac my son's 22 year old girlfriend got up and went to use the bathroom. When she came out the stewardess said she looked pale and asked if she needed a paramedic. She said "WHAT? No!" Side stepped the stewardess and sat back down in her row 8 seat. Within minutes a customer service person entered the plane and instructed my son AND his girlfriend to gather their belongings as the were being involuntarily removed from the flight because a mask wearing young girl looked pale in the stewardess 'opinion.

The girlfriend has a very fair complexion, blonde hair, see thru eyebrows, burns doesn't tan..etc. I'm guessing the last two seats.. in row 8 weren't really available at all..Frontier overbooked. It was mortifying for my son and his girlfriend and should never have happened. "911 what's your emergency?" "Call a paramedic. The stewardess thinks she looks pale!"

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

We flew NYC to Cancun and back with Frontier. Dec 2021/Jan2022. Both legs were late by more than 2 hours. NYC to Cancun, the "ground staff" took 2 hours to load the luggage. Cancun to NYC, the "ground staff" was understaffed and took 2 hours to check people into the flight, imagine what a 2 hour long queue for 4 flights look like in Cancun airport!

Real story (according to one of the flight hostesses) is that this happens every day on these flights. Frontier just hires the lowest cost baggage handling and ticketing contractors and pushes the wait time onto the passenger discomfort, knowing that they can abuse passengers and cut cost. In fact the company even abuses its staff. The crew "clocked-out" during the flight, which apparently happens all the time. Meaning that the Frontier flights are so delayed that while the plane is in the air the crew actually reach their maximum time of being allowed to work during flights and they simply have to stop working. The crew are in this case actually the first people to get off the flight.

This airline should not be allowed to continue operating like this. They abuse passengers, staff, and safety for profit. Trust that people take this into account when they book. I certainly will never get into their planes again. Not worth the risk. Imagine what Frontier Airlines does on cutting maintenance costs. The planes will simply become more and more unsafe until...

Frontier Airlines author review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1994, Frontier Airlines now launches more than 375 flights each day to destinations throughout the U.S., Mexico and Jamaica. Today, this relatively new airline employs more than 3,000 aviation professionals.

• Get the works: Frontier Airlines offers a package price that includes services such as refund-ability, free change service, priority boarding, extra carry-on and checked bag allowance and more.

• Exclusive discounts on fares: Travelers who join the Frontier Airlines Discount Den get access to low-rate fares only available to members. Members can book flights for up to six people on the same subscription.

• Manage flights online: Through the Frontier website, travelers can check in, book flights, make changes and check on the status of their flights.

• Economy-plus options: Get the same low fares on economy-class seating but nab an extra 5 to 7 inches of legroom with stretch-seat options. A small additional fee gives passengers that little bit of extra space.

• Choose your seat: Many airlines have moved away from assigned seating, but on Frontier passengers can select a seat that lets groups stay together in the air.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Advisor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Frontier Airlines Company Information