Frontier Airlines

Compare Airlines

Research top Airlines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am very disappointed in the so called budget airline. Yep they advertise great prices. I found a return flight from Orlando at the perfect time for only 95 dollars. Unfortunately by the time I got done with the seat fee (any seat not just special extra room seats), the carry on fee, the checked bag fee, the fresh air fee, the cushioned seat fee, the bathroom allowance fee, etc. the fees were literally double 198 per person. To me this is FALSE advertising and should be stopped. They have more hidden fees than the phone company. I would rather fly with the major airlines and know what I am getting upfront.

Flew this substandard airline yesterday, April 11th from LAS to ATL for the first time. Paid 45 to check bags and 45 for seat!! The airplane was obviously old and outdated so don't expect comfy seats or outlets to plug up devices. I prayed the entire flight. The sound of engine and strange noises freaked me out. The overhead light in front of me was falling out and when it was pushed in, the rubber seal fell out. It was extremely cold initially so I asked for a blanket BUT THEY DON'T HAVE ANY!!! Let's see do I have anything GOOD to say??? Well we did take off early but this was a redeye flight. Overall opinion: No good value for the price and we made it back home on a wish and a prayer.

Posted delay on master flight board, posted nothing on individual flight board, flight not delayed so we missed flight. Attendant at counter said only "flight was on time" after explaining what happened, then answered with 1 word "tomorrow" when I asked when the next flight to Orlando was. So we have to drive to Orlando and have plenty of time to call Frontier with our frustrations and to track down our bags. You will not believe it when I say, over 4 hours spent on phone and absolutely NO ONE would speak to us about the bags or about the issue at CLT. Every single person kept saying "oh you need to speak to someone else let me forward you" and then that next person would say "oh you need to speak with so and so" (sometimes the exact person that just forwarded me to them). Absolute nightmare airline, avoid at all costs. If you really don't care when you arrive to your destination then Frontier is the airline for you.

Flew to Portland Oregon with American. No problems. Drive to Northern Washington to attend a meeting the next day at noon with a return flight from Portland to Tampa at 7pm the following night. Tried to check in to the flight 24 hours ahead and was notified that my flight was rescheduled from 7 pm to 10 am that morning. Despite totally unhelpful customer service (out of India) who were unwilling to try to do anything was assured that a manager would call me back (never happened). I had to drive thru the night to make the flight at 10 am. Never attended the original meeting I flew out for and I am sitting now in Denver waiting for my connecting flight.

Oops sorry forgot to mention I have to wait 7 frigging hours for my next flight. Oh me bad, I was just told by service rep that my original flight is still on and there was no reason for them to rebook me. I'm past mad. Thank GOD I know some people who can help me to unleash a Twitter nightmare for Frontier to get this incompetent airlines out of business. I would love to get together with an attorney who could consider to file a suit against Frontier. I'm certain with the right notification on social media one could assemble a few hundred ticked off people. Frontier: if you actually read these complaints. Your airline and your customer service sucks and you don't deserve to be in business. I will do everything I can to spread the word.

Worst experience ever. Flight was delayed, no one from the airlines ever came to the counter and provide information, no manager available for answer. The crew had no info. This airline is worse than Spirit Airlines and I thought they couldn't get worse than Spirit Airlines. This is your last warning. Do not fly Frontier Airline.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?

EXTREMELY UPSET!!! I made reservations for my kids and myself to go to Florida for spring break and my sister's funeral. Frontier Airlines (a very crappy airline to begin with) canceled our reservations without notifying me, claiming my card was declined. According to American Express, I was charged and payment went through. SOB's. I spoke to 4 supervisors and they were so rude and unwilling to help or fix it. Wouldn't find me another flight nor take responsibility for their system being down. Told me to make a reservation on another, more expensive flight leaving Monday morning. I paid $700 for those flights. Now, I gotta pay $2000. I think not.

The funeral is Monday, which I won't make now.?? I was also planning a bday party for my daughter next weekend with her cousins. Ugh. I'm trying to be positive and find the reasoning in all this, but sorry Deepak, I'm MAD.?? FRONTIER AIRLINES = NEVER AGAIN. I'm so emotionally distressed and don't have $2000 for flights. I'm looking for a lawyer. This isn't okay.

This airline is awful in every way possible, I can not even put into words how horrible my experience was. Please seek another airline if possible is the best advice I can give anyone. There is not one kind word I can say about this airline or the people that work for it so I will just leave it there, and hope that you either had a better experience or this steered you in the direction of another airline... just terrible all around terrible.

So, I am sitting here in the Palm Beach International Airport on a Wednesday night for a 540pm flight to Denver. I arrived at 415p. The first delay was 917p... Now it is 1116 pm. Mind you, they don't tell you why it is delayed. Finally I called customer service, it's a mechanical problem. They hold you hostage as if the flight is really going to happen, and might leave earlier than scheduled... It isn't! If the flight is cancelled the next one isn't until Saturday at 540p. I need to be in Denver for a meeting tomorrow morning. Something told me it to take this cut-rate airline that nickel and dimes you for a piece of toilet paper! The customer service rep wasn't US based and could only tell me the time, that I had already received via text message. The flight gets later and later. I could have gone home and had a good nap! I've already been waiting 4 hours at this point. Lessons learned, don't take Frontier, the savings isn't worth it!

3/31/2017 flight was canceled, the weather conditions flying out of LaGuardia to Atlanta. There was no weather conditions. It was raining but not bad at all. 5 min before leaving they canceled. There was no backup or rebooking are no later flight for us. I've been calling their hotline for over three day to see if I can get any help but the lady couldn't understand and telling me about different flights. Omg horrible horrible. All another airline company was working.

4/5/2017 I'm using this company to return home 620 am flight. I'm online waiting there, said they call out three time to check in but no heard them say anything. So five of us couldn't board. Customer services was ** pissy disrespectful, inconsiderate. And to top it off we was there around 520 am. This company is worst I ever used in my life. They don't care about their customer. Just the money. I have never in my life giving out a review on anything but this is really ** up on how they are as a company.

This airline is the worst airline EVER! I got to the Dallas International airport to check in for my flight to Denver, Colorado and the ticketing lady here named Trina told me that I couldn't check in for my flight because Frontier airlines had overbooked the flight (that I had paid for a week ago) and that the only way I could get on the flight was to pay an EXTRA $45 for a seat. My co-worker was traveling with me bought her ticket a day after I did and she checked in one person before me and got on the flight. Yup, you read that right. They were making ME pay for a seat in a flight that I had already paid for a week in advanced AND that THEY overbooked. I have an 18 month old daughter with cerebral palsy and special needs that was admitted into the emergency room just 2 hours before the flight that I had to get home to, plus a newborn.

The ticketing lady Trina then proceeded to tell me that I had to call reservations to see if they could get me on this flight. I spoke to like 4 different people on the phone till I got to a supervisor who then told me that they couldn't refund my money they could only give me a 90 day credit to fly again on their horrible airline or that they would be sooo generous as to waive the $99 fee that is charged to get me on another flight 24 hours later!!! They told me they wanted to talk to Trina about what she had told me. She then denied that she had said such a thing. Thank God my co-worker was standing right next to me and heard the whole thing. My co-worker is now on the flight home while I am stuck in Dallas with no hotel and my baby girl in the ER. This is the worst airline experience I have EVER had. I will never ever fly this airline ever again. Save yourself the frustration and your money. DO NOT FLY FRONTIER!!!

I've flown round trip from Indianapolis to Orlando on Frontier 3 times now - twice by myself and once with my family of 4. As long as you read the website in advance and understand what they do and do not charge for, it is fine. I flew my whole family of 4 and checked 2 bags in advance and flew for less than $500 round trip for spring break. Weigh your bags to make sure they don't go over the limit. Read the website to understand the difference between a carry-on and a personal item. Measure the dimension of your bags if you are not sure what counts.

We used backpacks as our personal items and had no problems. You can gate check your car seat for free. You can bring your own snacks if you don't want to pay for theirs. Buy a drink after you go through security if you don't want to pay for theirs. All of my flights have taken off on time, and arrive on time or even early. The planes I've been on are very new. Seats are narrow and stiff but good enough for a short flight. Good airline if you are looking for a cheap flight, not a luxury flight.

We arrived to the airport on time for our early morning flight and then proceeded to slowly make our way through the crowd along with a large group of other people trying to get on their flight. After 40 minutes of waiting in line, we FINALLY made it to the check-in desk 36 minutes before our flight and were told they could no longer check us in and their system would not allow them to do so. Needless to say, they only had 3 people working despite a large volume of people in line, while numerous check-in stations stood empty because they are either understaffed or are too cheap to have appropriate staff on hand to check-in customers.

Due to their lack of customer service and value in those served, the much anticipated trip to NY for my daughter that she has been dreaming about for years is delayed another day because they only had one flight available each day and they refused to check us in. I know it's a lie the system no longer allows you to check us in. Why? Because when I called to rebook the flight, the representative on the phone told us the attendant could check us in and get us on the flight, and to ask if she would be willing to since there was a long delay in getting through the line.

The attendant then took my phone and began berating the customer service rep for telling me to request we be checked in and permitted on the flight. Guess what! She refused help or been, and did not want to be bothered. I even explained that we were dropped off and didn't have a ride to go anywhere else. I got a shrug of the shoulders and dismissed by the attendant stating, "I am very busy."

This a great scam Frontier has going because others in line were also denied access to their non-refundable flight due to Frontier's incompetence. They also charged a hefty fee to rebook the next day (I am sure this is half or more of their earnings). Never mind my daughter missed her college tour, or that the already short trip is now an entire day shorter, or even the fact that if the company was properly staffed we would have been checked in with time to spare.

The money I thought I saved flying this crappy airline is now lost in extra fees to change the flight and having to purchase a new ticket for the shuttle once we make it to NY. Oh, don't waste your time purchasing the flight insurance, because it does nothing to help in such a situation. It would have been worth it to pay a little more upfront to fly an airline that cares about the customers and know how to staff so people are not missing flights because of their incompetence.

I will never fly this airline again. They are cheaters and liars. They do not care about maintaining their customer base because let's face it there is always another desperate sucker around the corner that will unwisely take a chance on this crappy airline. I recommend that if you're reading this review, do not consider using this airline and pay a little more for a reputable airline that cares about its customers. I promise it will be well worth it in the end. Frontier is not worth the spit in my mouth.

You get what you pay for. We took this airline because of how affordable it was but quickly found out why it's cheap. To start out... to check bags it's $40 per bag. All purchases on board are strictly credit/debit & the selection sucks, so bring snacks. If you don't care about quality then this is the airline for you. Walking through the plane, we seen no difference between first class & economy. The flight attendants seemed short with the passengers as well. Our flight going back to NY was delayed 3 hours & the airline offered nothing for the delay. We felt like we were sitting in cushioned lawn chairs on both flights. Also no WiFi, I hope you don't mind the caveman experience. Trust me, suck it up & spend the extra money on a known airline because this airline was truly horrible.

THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST AIRLINE! Corporate was absolutely NO HELP!!! For starters, we arrived at 3:30 pm to check in our bags - flight boarding started at 4:15 pm. Our bag was 2 lbs overweight, so we were told to either pay $75 or take a few things out of our bag. We got it to be exactly 50 lbs & were then told WE WERE TOO LATE!? They claim their systems shut down & there was nothing they could do. We asked if they could put our bags on the next flight to Ohio so we could catch the plane as we both had to work the next day, our 4 year old daughter was expecting us home & coming from Vegas, we didn't have any money left to pay the rebooking fee. They stated we couldn't be separated from our bags & the only option would be to pay the rebooking fee & book the next flight. THE FLIGHT WASN'T UNTIL 5:25 pm THE NEXT DAY!

SO we both missed work, had to get permission to use a company card to pay for the rebooking fee, another night in a hotel & another taxi cab & had to crush our daughters heart telling her we wouldn't be making it home when expected. To top it all off, the lady at the front desk (HAVEN) stated we could check in our bags 24 hours before our flight so we stayed at the airport to check in our luggage just to be told from another associate that it was too early to check in our bags & we would need to wait until at least 9 am. >:( They had changed shifts so conveniently, Haven was no longer available for us to confirm that she told us we could check in our bags early.

When calling Corporate, they wanted a statement from the workers that gave us the false information to give us any compensation. I explained that the workers we were conversing with were no longer there & they offered us a $25 voucher since they had "no proof" that these things occurred! We requested to speak with a supervisor at the airport & no one was available. I AM BEYOND LIVID. I WILL NEVER FLY WITH FRONTIER EVER AGAIN & will also make sure anyone & everyone I come in contact with knows of the lousy experience we had until this is resolved with the customer service we deserve!!!

They told us they cancelled our flight we had to re-book. We re-booked, only to find they went ahead and flew our original flight without notifying us. The time before that we were on a vacation and they called to tell us our flight was leaving 14 hrs earlier than scheduled. Then they lost our bags. In other words on 2 separate occasions they have cost us hotel cancellations and offered no reimbursements.

My wife and me paid for two carrying luggage $80.00 and for a regular luggage $45.00. Seats are so narrow that is very uncomfortable to rest. Please, when looks for cheaps flights check about luggages charges that will be add to your savings. Both way to go and return.

I had booked a round trip from Philly to Tampa, Thursday - Saturday. I had a big commitment Sunday and absolutely had to return on Saturday. Frontier Airlines emailed 2 weeks after my trip was booked to change my departure time from Philly by 15 minutes. Now earlier than originally booked, my return flight was not impacted. 4 days later, I received a second notification about the 15 minute change, still not impacting my return flight. 4 days after my second notification, a third notification was then emailed, again informing me of the 15 minute departure change, no mention of a return flight change.

19 days after the third notification i received a "Trip Confirmation" email. Luckily, I noticed my return flight had been changed from Saturday to Sunday. There was no previous notification of the change to my return flight. Surprisingly, I was informed multiple times about a 15 minute departure change, but I guess changing my return flight by an entire day isn't as significant of a change to my trip, as being at Philly airport 15 minutes sooner than originally planned.

This change completely destroyed my trip plans, as I previously stated, I had a pretty big commitment that I could not miss planned for Sunday.

Here is where it gets fun... I contacted Frontier Airlines customer service using their 801-401-9000 number listed on the website. Told them of the situation, and that I wanted a refund. According to the first cust. service rep I spoke to, being that I had booked through Expedia, I didn't have a "round trip", I had 2 one-way tickets. Frontier due to the 24 hour change on the return flight to Philadelphia, would refund that ticket. They then directed me to Expedia, around the terms of departing flight from Phil - Tampa. Which I did, confused as to how they could help, Expedia being just as confused as I was, directed me BACK to Frontier.

The second cust. service rep I spoke with, informed me that the first encounter I had with Frontier that day, Rep 1 noted on my account that I was advised that my departing ticket would be "forfeited" no refund, nothing. False, I never complied to forfeit, I even advised the first representative not to cancel my departure ticket, as I was going to continue to research the refund process before consenting to a "forfeit". The Rep 2 then repeated I wasn't eligible for a refund, since it had been more than 24 hours since booking the trip.

Frustrated, I asked for a supervisor. That transfer from Rep 2, to supervisor is where I met Lester. I advised Lester of the situation, that I had read the terms & agreements, if there is a scheduling change made by Frontier, fees can be waived, I have to cancel the trip as a return on Sunday is impossible, Rep 1 had me contact Expedia, I had done that, Expedia sent me back to Frontier, so here we are, how do I get my refund for my departing flight?

Per Lester: I missed my 24 hour post booking cancellation window. Cancellation fee would be $99, but since my ticket was a little less than that, probably best to just not show up. After repeating over and over to the point where I was driving myself insane that Frontier's changes made my trip impossible to take, why would I depart Philly with no return plan? I was scolded that the change was "only 15 minutes ma'am..." by the 3rd person, for the 10th time today. Missing the point, that the problem is not the 15 minute change in my departing flight, it's the fact that without any notification at all, my return flight was changed an ENTIRE DAY that LUCKILY I noticed hidden in my "Trip Confirmation" email sent 40 days after booking.

Lester then questioned if I had read the terms and conditions... changes to schedule under 3 hours do not qualify for a refund. This whole ordeal being "not a round trip", but two one-way tickets, the departing change doesn't qualify. This is absurd. After receiving a lot of attitude, and no progress, I asked Lester if there was someone else I could speak to, could I talk to the supervisors of the supervisors... whatever, anyone! His Response: "You can hang up and call this number back".

I was completely shocked at this response and just immediately just yelled "EXCUSE ME?! So I'll hang up, call this number back, get nowhere with an agent again, ask to speak to a supervisor, end up with you again, so you can just repeat the same absurd reasoning why your company's ridiculous business practice will not refund the cost of my trip, that you made impossible for me to take". His Response: "Yes". I snapped - informed this customer service supervisor that like this situation, his customer service skills are absurd and completely inexcusable.

I googled headquarters at this point, if trip conditions were different, I wouldn't have cared so much to see this through, but the company's changes caused the cancellation, so as a customer who has flown Frontier without issue half a dozen times, I should be compensated. After finding an additional number online, based out of Colorado (area code 720) I spent 10 minutes with one of their employees (a Very Helpful Luke). Gave him the run down on what my morning consisted of, he asked a few questions to make sure he was looking up the right person, the right itinerary etc, was silent for a moment and then came back with "alright we just credited your account the cost of your departure flight". Frontier Customer Service at the 801 number is absurd, thankfully they seem to be doing business right in Colorado.

I booked a last minute trip to Las Vegas through Cheaptickets. The price seemed too good to be true... and it was. Frontier charged $40 to check a bag, and it would have been $45 for a carry-on. Since there were two of us in my party, it was an extra $80 each way, $160 total. Had we known this ahead of time, we would have packed accordingly and checked only one large suitcase rather than having each of us take a small carry-on bag to reduce the fees. This was not a pleasant surprise to receive at the airport. We were on a budget, and losing $160 for nothing meant that we had to see one fewer show in Vegas than we'd planned on. It was upsetting.

That wasn't the end of it, though. The airline doesn't provide any free beverages, even on a 4-hour flight. They didn't even offer free water! (And although I didn't drink, the person sitting next to me did. They charged extra for his mixer! The alcohol was one price, and the Coke to mix it with was an added fee!) As I said before, we were on a severe budget, so we weren't about to pay exorbitant prices for a can of soda. Needless to say, we were very thirsty by the time we arrived.

Additionally, the seats on the plane were horrible. Airplane seats are never very comfy, but these were the worst I have ever encountered by far. They were hard plastic with a layer of "cushion" that was maybe 1/2" thick. They were far more terrible than airline seats usually are. My boyfriend was in a bad car accident years ago and he's always a little uncomfortable when flying, but it has never been so bad that his old back injury flares up for more than a few hours after the flight.

However, these seats were so bad that he could barely walk after a 4-hour flight. His back gave him trouble for the first 2 days of our 4-day vacation, which put quite a damper on things. Then, his back was messed up again when we got home, so he had to miss a day of work. (His job requires some lifting, which he can usually handle without a problem, but not after flying in those crappy seats.) His boss thought he was just playing hooky and trying to extend his vacation, when in reality he couldn't do the job because the airline seats did a number on his back.

Overall, our experience was terrible and we will NEVER fly Frontier again. We've also learned that we have to do our research before booking a flight on an airline we've never flown before. We've never heard of anything this horrible, so we didn't realize how important it is. My hope is that this review will save other people's vacations. I wish someone had told me how awful Frontier is so that I could have avoided all of these problems and had a better trip.

Booked a trip to San Diego from Denver 90 days in advance. Entire ticket cost $149. Opted not to purchase travel insurance (the works) as this "coverage" was $59 each way (almost the cost of my entire ticket). I needed to change my flight and this was going to cost $99 for the date change, $70 in additional taxes and fees, plus $50 in difference in airfare. So, 72 days in advance, my $149 ticket would now be $368.

Instead of rescheduling, I decided to cancel and recover the last $49. Well, I was wrong. Frontier has a hidden policy that airfare credit must be used within 90 days, so that $49 could only be recovered if I booked another flight. Funny thing is, even if I wanted to reschedule for October, their flights aren't out that far in advance, so my entire ticket is lost. When I called, the customer service rep said, "Sorry you didn't read the policy in advance." Nice customer service. Will NEVER fly again and credit card has been canceled. Policies are sneaky, not clearly articulated, and only "appear" when you try to make a change.

This was my first time flying with Frontier and the first time I had ever done the online check in. I purchased a seat so my two sons and I we could sit together. Then I checked my bags and then website asked if you have a carry-on. Well we each had a carry on so I purchased three carry-ons at I believe $30 a piece. Well when we got to the gate to board the plane the agent said each passenger could have one personal item and the carry-on would be stored in the overhead compartment. So I said to the agent that I thought we had carry-ons and had paid for them and she said no. Backpack are personal items which are free. I asked her what I could do to get it refunded. She said I would have to call Frontier, so she gave me the number and I asked if she could give us some kind of confirmation or proof that I had personal items she said there was nothing she could do.

I called Frontier the next day and was informed that I needed confirmation/proof. Oh really! You see where this is going. So on the return flight I didn't purchase carry-ons because now I know they are called personal items. When I got home I called Frontier again and explained all of this. After five minutes of waiting for agent to check with his support staff I was informed that baggage fees are nonrefundable. Well I was told previously I had to have proof, I had the proof now in that I didn't purchase the carry on's on the return flight. This is no more than a deceptive money grab by calling a carry-on and a personal item to different things. It is an attempted to confuse consumers who don't fly regularly to pay additional baggage fees. Needless to say I will not be flying Frontier ever again, but at least I learned the difference between a carry-on and a personal item. I hope this helps others to not fall victim to their deception.

I booked my reservation online and had no issues. The seats were awful, very uncomfortable but the service was excellent. My only not so happy was the bag prices. Yes Frontier has low airline fees but the bag checking makes up for it. I could have flown Southwest and got free bag checks and paid the same price I paid Frontier for the flight and bag checks, so buyer beware, and their bag fees are different depending on the time of the year you are traveling. Proceed with caution. I would consider Frontier again because of the ease of travel but will pay more attention to the pricing with and without the bag check costs. Seats are ok for two hour flights and under but a four hour plus flight would have killed my back.

Had to cancel 2 plane tickets for me and my daughter. Was charged 200 fee and 1000 was credited. Only to find out that you cannot book plane tickets more than 60 days out. Why? Only Lord knows. All the other airlines do. Called the 800 number just to be told that I have to wait closer to the date to be able to book a flight. Was only giving 90 days to book a flight or my credited $1000 will be lost. The rep told me to book a ticket to another destination. Really???? Wtf? From O'Hare to Fort Worth no direct flight. All other destinations all booked. Just an all around head it with this airline. I would recommend strongly to not fly with this airline. I am being robbed of 1200 from Frontier. Simple thief. Every single aspect of this company sucks. Looking into hiring a lawyer to sue to get my money back.

Horrible Experience! Horrible Customer Service. I purchased airline tickets for a very important event. They changed the times without even notifying me. When I called because I just so happened to recheck my itinerary, the supervisor was extremely rude (Ana). When I asked to transfer me to someone else, she left me on hold for an extremely long time. I am currently on hold for over an hour and still going. That is why I am using my time wisely to write this review. She basically told me too bad there was nothing they can do.

3/7/17: Scheduled to leave Denver at 9:05AM. At airport two hours ahead. Found out at 7:30 Flight delayed until 12:20! No explanation for delay. At 10:30 find out now delayed until 1:13PM. Customer service thought there was only one delay. Clueless!! Never again will I fly Frontier!!!! This airline should make vacuum cleaners cause they really suck!!!

We purchased two tickets. I cancelled both. When I checked a few days later because I only received one refund I found that the other ticket was not cancelled. Frontier is refusing to give me my money back.

When we booked my wife's seating on the plane it was in the front row to allow her to be transferred directly from her personal wheelchair onto the front row aisle seat that required minimum effort. The armrests on the front row seats do not fold back like the rest of the seats on the plane to allow her to slide over to the center or window seat. But there is room on the front row seats to allow the center and window seat passengers to pass by her to access the aisle. All the other seats on the plane there is no room for passengers to access the aisle from these two seat locations.

The flight attendants use a special aisle chair to access the rest of the seating on the plane. They make her sit in the window seat and slide her to that location so she cannot move from that location during the flight and the passengers from the center and aisle seat location can access the aisle. Our reservations were for the front row seats that would have made it easy for her and the flight crew to manage. Instead of seating her in our assigned seats. The attendants forced her to use the aisle chair several seats back and tried to lift her and slide her over to the window seat at that location.

I was aware of this problem when I booked the flight and didn't expect the attendants to change this causing delays when boarding and possible injury to my wife when moving her to a window seat. When I tried to explain this to the flight attendant he ignored me and said it was against and FAA regulations for her to have the front row aisle seat. The original location for her seat on the plane (the front row aisle seat) would have saved boarding time, prevented possible injury to my wife who suffers from M.S. And made it easier for the flight attendants to accommodate her.

I purchased a ticket and received a confirmation number. Checked in for my flight and they give me the wrong ticket with someone else's name. Go to the counter to get it corrected and they can't find me under my name or confirmation number. Called 800 number to find out what was going on and they cancelled my reservation two days later because I was too late for the promo price they quoted. Customer service rep stated they called me but I don't have any record of a call received or voice mail. Email was not sent as a second follow up. AND... they sent my luggage to my destination without me!!! This airline is pathetic!!!

We were booked on a flight from San Diego to Denver and decided to take advantage of a voucher being offered due to the flight being overbooked. Within the week we booked our new flight and submitted the voucher for refund. I am now told that there are no refunds. They lied to us and took advantage of our good nature. We followed the verbal guidelines of the ticket agents, paid full price for another trip and now the airline will not reimburse their promised $100 for each passenger. Not only will they do anything to deceive, now their only response is "auto reply." I will now join the ranks of the loyal customers that WILL NEVER FLY FRONTIER AGAIN.

Booked a flight on justfly.Com who changed my booking to this airline from another airline and the dates! When I got my confirmation email I called right away and the booking company said I had to call Frontier directly. When I did they charged me an additional $199 and told me that we have to pay more money to bring baggage! Never ever will I book with this company on purpose!! What a rip-off!!!

I have had a number of fine trips on Frontier. I know they are going to nickel and dime you, but that just goes with a low-cost airline. Well I guess it finally caught up to me. Having booked a trip with a great price a few months prior, I decided to prepay the checked bag fee. You can prepay for a checked bag no less than 24 hours before your flight is scheduled to depart for the best rate. Well not thinking, I prepaid when I made the reservation. I would never do that again, but then I most likely will never fly these clowns again. Because of the passing of a very close friend, I cannot take the trip. I was not looking for the reimbursement of the fare or even the cost of the seat, just the $60 of the baggage fee. All I got was "Sorry, you paid and we get to keep it..." Well my answer to that is... NEVER AGAIN WILL I TRAVEL ON FRONTIER.

Expert Review

Erika ArmstrongAirlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.    More about Erika→

Founded in 1994, Frontier Airlines now launches more than 375 flights each day to destinations throughout the U.S., Mexico and Jamaica. Today, this relatively new airline employs more than 3,000 aviation professionals.

• Get the works: Frontier Airlines offers a package price that includes services such as refund-ability, free change service, priority boarding, extra carry-on and checked bag allowance and more.
  • Exclusive discounts on fares: Travelers who join the Frontier Airlines Discount Den get access to low-rate fares only available to members. Members can book flights for up to six people on the same subscription.
  • Manage flights online: Through the Frontier website, travelers can check in, book flights, make changes and check on the status of their flights.
  • Economy-plus options: Get the same low fares on economy-class seating but nab an extra 5 to 7 inches of legroom with stretch-seat options. A small additional fee gives passengers that little bit of extra space.
  • Choose your seat: Many airlines have moved away from assigned seating, but on Frontier passengers can select a seat that lets groups stay together in the air.
  • Best for Vacationers, holiday travelers and frequent fliers who want extra room and more control over their experience.

Compare Airlines