2. Travel
  3. Airlines

3.7/5 (1458 ratings)

About Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?

Original review: July 27, 2021

The scene at Las Vegas Airport on Sunday was actually jawdropping, people being delayed between 8-10 hours without any consideration or real answers, I purchased round trip tickets from Philadelphia to Las Vegas both overnight flights & nonstop, they were not cheap at over $600 before adding any luggage, The flight leaving out of Philadelphia Thursday night was delayed by about two hours but we did eventually get on the plane and make it into Las Vegas Friday morning 23 July 2021. Of course you do not get offered a glass of water or anything else unless you pay for it. Nevertheless we were flying home on Sunday night another overnight flight nonstop from Las Vegas to Philadelphia. On 25 July 2021 we arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare and naturally we were given delays.

A flight that was supposed to leave at 10:10 was delayed and delayed until finally it was near 3 AM when they put us on the airplane. Then we were told that they had a balance issue and Frontier Airlines needed 18 volunteers to get off the plane and they would receive a $1000 flying voucher and be given a room and put on the next plane. Well my cousin and I decided to volunteer. Long story short they ended up canceling the Flight. Then they decided that the volunteers were not getting their vouchers because they had to cancel the entire flight so even the volunteers were not going to get what they were promised even though they kept up their end of the bargain. Then frontier proceeded to try and reroute people who had paid expensively to fly nonstop to take flights that had five hour layovers.

Now I had been at the airport for longer than 12 hours and to be honest I was a little irate because I could get no answers out of anyone. The condensed version of this is I did get a little loud because I was not having my questions answered. I absolutely did not threaten anyone or use any profane language call anybody names. None of the frontier workers. I just was very upset because they were not helping us and they lied to us. Basically they were giving us a $10 voucher for breakfast and we need to be happy about that after spending the entire night sitting in the airport being given the runaround. The supervisor Who is called in because everybody was going crazy that I had volunteered and even the people that eventually had been taken off the flight everybody was so upset so they called in the supervisor.

Without a doubt she was the rudest, meanest, most inconsiderate, unhelpful person I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. Yes I was upset so she proceeded to call the airport police on me because I was irate she said. I’m a 53-year-old woman 5 foot two and 125 pounds. I pose no threat. However there were other people there using profane language that she did not call security on so the situation was diffused. I walked away to calm down and I just thought it was over now. I’m just gonna have to wait again until 10 o’clock at night to get on an airplane when to my surprise the supervisor decided that I was not allowed to board the plane because she did not like the way I acted so I was refused access to the flight that left at 7:30 AM that morning and had to wait to fly home at 10:30 that night. After all the inconveniences I was punished because she did not like my tone.

Do not ever fly frontier. I will never again. Also my cousin was with me and her medication for her asthma was in her suitcase which was sent on to Philadelphia without us because she would not leave me stranded at the airport when the supervisor whose name was Britney refused to allow me access to the plane. Buyer beware. Frontier Airlines should not be allowed to be in business. Their employees do not care about you. They are rude, inconsiderate and if they do not like your tone they will refuse you access to a flight even after you’ve already been in the airport for 24 hours.

Yes I’m very upset and I plan on pursuing this to see if there is some way Frontier Airlines will at least compensate because it is not fair that they do not have to explain to you why you’re not getting on your plane. They have no customer skills. They do not understand nor do they try or care if you are upset and if they do not like the way you act they will deny you access to the flight when it finally does. Life disgraceful. I have flew Too many times to count and I will never as long as I live ever take a plane from frontier airlines again. I neither will anybody else in my family. Not that they care because they do not.

Original review: July 27, 2021

Hello my name is Betty **, it was a total shame that one of your Frontier Airlines ticket agents cancelled our flight for 2 min over, knowing that he had watched us in the line for over two hours at the Orlando airport, he shoved a piece of paper at my husband saying that our flight is canceled and he offered us no other flight or help or any other avenue in assistance then turned away from my husband and us. At that point my husband was now totally exhausted being in the line for so long nearly 2 hours, he is a 100% disabled Vietnam veteran. We arrived 3 hrs ahead of our flight, the little white slip of paper says you would appreciate our feedback. Well here it is, train your tickets agents better and I would sincerely appreciate a total refund. We had to be out another $850 bucks to get another flight at the last min. with Spirit and I still have those tickets too. Ireally feel sick that your airline cheated us, please assist us in this matter.

Original review: July 25, 2021

The insane mob unregulated and without guidance in Orlando is unmatched. Not only did we have to stand in line for hours to get checked in, but none of the airline employees gave any guidance to the crowd. We had to discern for ourselves, probably 4-500 people which direction to go in all worrying if they were going to make their flight. Everyone there was well within time limits but Frontier just left everyone to their own devices. Terrible leadership and management...and then we come to the delays.

Leaving Orlando, we were hours late but by that time we were grateful just to move. As of today, two weeks later, I/wife have been at the airport since 11 AM for a 2 PM departure. It is now 5 PM and no aircraft yet. I just wasted a full day in Costa Rica to wait for a Frontier flight. If my time is worth anything, they should be paying me for time lost. All told, I essentially dedicated 2 days of a 2 week trip to Costa Rica to Frontier Airlines' poor time management and leadership. Now that I think of it, they operate like a third world nation! If you like the way third world nations operate, Frontier Airlines is for you.

Original review: July 24, 2021

My flight to CLE was cancelled after making customers wait three hours. Of course, there was no good reason for it. There were any other flights with Frontier for a couple days out of that airport. Frontier told us we would have to make arrangements to get to another airport (1-2.5 hrs away) and pay for it ourselves. They also would not pay for a hotel claiming weather problems, yet it was not raining at all. Then, once they rebooked you, I noted there were delays on those flights out of other airports the next day. Had to find another carrier to get home, and pay another $250. Never again Frontier!

Original review: July 21, 2021

This airline is a rip off. Although they may have cheap airfare and it may seem you are getting an awesome deal, you aren't! It's definitely not worth trying to fly cost effective on Frontier. I paid more for checked baggage round trip than for my entire airfare round trip. Example: Checked baggage to Las Vegas for 4 bags = $260, carry on baggage = $260. Either way you are screwed....Fees are the same price whether you check bags or carry on. Absolutely Absurd!!! And usually you receive a complimentary beverage on the plane- not here. Everything is $$$$. I will definitely NEVER fly this airline again and will not be recommending to my business partners, friends or family. DO NOT FLY THIS AIRLINE. It's a scam!!!

Original review: July 18, 2021

This was the worst airline I ever used. It doesn't worth the small amount of money that you save.

1. Customer service was rudest I can imagine.
2. Everything is dirty

3. No professionalisms at all.

I would say think a lot before you decide to fly with them. The last thing you want is forestation when you traveling.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Family reunion/Quinceañera trip planned (5 adults, 2 children) and tickets bought well ahead of time, flights get canceled 2 nights before the scheduled flight without explanation and the customer "service" agent says there is nothing they can do about it. If we want to take the next available flight, it won't be until the day AFTER the party. If we want to fly with a different airline it will have to be completely out of pocket as FRONTIER said refunds will take 7 days, and not even the full refund. Best they would offer and only after making a fuss was $50.00 per passenger towards our NEXT flight with FRONTIER. As if I'd put myself through dealing with this mess of an airline again.

Original review: July 15, 2021

The flight was delayed 2 times, now we have to get off the plane, nobody knows the new time of the flight. Fights on the plane and none of the airline members did anything about it. First and last you see flying through this airline.

Original review: July 13, 2021

On July 13, 2021 at approximately 0700 I was supposed to be on my flight (F9-2878) heading to LGA Airport. The plane ended up having a hydraulic leak which not only kept us on the plane for an hour, but also had a delay. I rebooked a last minute flight with another airline and called Frontier customer service to get a refund being that the flight was delayed 2hrs and 30 thus far, they told me I couldn't get a refund, mind you, I was on hold for exactly 1hr 15. I will never fly with Frontier again. I will be emailing corporate in regards. They are no better than SPIRIT. I am truly disgusted in how they handled things. I guess it's no lie when they say you get what you pay for.

Original review: July 12, 2021

Horrible, there were no workers working the counters for the flights and then someone showed up. They told me and 10 others our flight left already. People were irate, no announcements. Bad customer service. Nasty attitudes as well.

Original review: July 11, 2021

I have never seen delays in flights, cancelations in flights, idiots who move gates every minute, luggage goes missing, I can't even explain the rudeness of customer service who is always just sorry but there is nothing they can do!!! 6 hour layover turned to 17 hours, lost my luggage and would not even put me in a hotel, all I heard was, "I'm sorry. There is nothing I can do"!! How about you take your employees and shut the hell down and quit making people think you will get better cause you're getting worse, I have never seen a airplane or pilots shake and hit so much turbulence than they do, it's like they don't listen or follow directions when being told by upper authorities. They just drive their own and don't care. Hey Frontier I'm sorry!!! There is just nothing I can help you with either but my gut feeling says a lawsuit is needed cause they are just plain **. 0

Original review: July 11, 2021

My son is only 16 and was flying to visit family, his flight was delayed over 3 hours, 1.5 of which they were sitting on the plane. No one updated passengers as to why they were being delayed and there is NO customer service number that will answer your concerns! I finally had to call the airport and they didn't even know the plane was delayed! The website showed the plane had departed on time and didn't update until the next morning. I couldn't find any information as to when he may arrive at his destination to inform family as to when to pick him up. He finally made it there, no WiFi, no entertainment, no chair space. I will never use this airline again, it's like it's not even reputable. They sent us a complimentary $50 voucher to use on Frontier Airline only within the next 90 days, I wouldn't fly my entire family even if it were free!

Original review: July 9, 2021

You're better off breaking your legs and using crutches to travel over flying with this joke of an airline. Day of flight, AFTER paying to check in baggage and getting an email not even 24 hours before the flight stating that the flight is scheduled for the correct day, get told flight is cancelled with no explanation why. No help with the bag that apparently gets to fly but the passenger doesn't and instead of anything helpful from customer service, after calling them for three hours, basically get told there's nothing anyone can do and that I have to wait to hear about what we can do about the baggage that's now in a completely different city. Listen, I get that you pay for what you get but DO NOT fall for this scam of a service. I've flown a lot in my life and this is the worst overall service experience I have ever dealt with. I wouldn't wish this airline on my worst enemy.

Original review: July 9, 2021

This airlines canceled my flight 3 hrs before departure time, and it completely messed up my corresponding flights, and my entire planned weekend went up in flame. Yes they are cheap, but they are so unpredictable that I would highly suggest to buy a more expensive ticket but at least with peace of mind. What a crappy airline.

Original review: July 8, 2021

They don't offer food either water, bottle sell for $2.99. Baggage policy is way expensive including your hand baggage. Plane was dirty and not according to covid 19 requirements, agents from the agency never ready to respond any question. Don't fly with them. Trust me. You are not safe.

Original review: July 6, 2021

I wish I could give zero stars and just a bad review! On Jun 24, 2021, my wife and daughter were supposed to board flight 1259 from Newark to Florida. I dropped them off at the airport at 3:30 AM for a flight that was supposed to depart at 6:30 AM. They were told that there would be a 1 hour delay because their flight/gate was given to people going to Cancun instead (obviously the flight to Cancun cost more so they were a priority).

After several more delays, and them sitting in the airport for almost 12 hours, they were told their flight was cancelled. They then had to get to another airline ASAP, since Frontier was not offering another, and pay $1600 (compared to the $200 they paid to Frontier) for new tickets, otherwise they would lose their hotel and car reservations (all pre-paid) since they would have missed the check-in times. After getting to Florida at almost 1 AM on June 25th, they had to take a taxi to the hotel and managed to keep their reservation, getting the last room they had, others that came in afterwards were not so lucky. A few hours later, they had to get back up and take another taxi to the car rental and get whatever they had available.

Frontier then, refused to give them a refund. They had to send over the proof of original tickets, the new tickets, receipts for all expenses, and after all that harassment (when they know the flight was cancelled), they refunded the $200+ dollars. They gave them vouchers totaling $800, which they then refused to honor. I personally have had delays and cancellations with other airlines, but, they've always made good on the problems. Not this airline.

Original review: July 5, 2021

If putting 0 stars was an option I would have selected it! Never in my life have I experienced such awful customer service and spitefulness from an airline crew before and that’s coming from someone that flies all the time with many airlines. On the 4th of July I was flying with my parents to Punta Cana for vacation. It was the only airline offering a nonstop flight at the time we needed. We checked in early. We bought our bags ahead of time. Everything was smooth sailing till we got to the gate. First of all, the staff by the gate are spiteful for no absolute reason. It’s like their only job is to give you a hard time on your vacation.

While boarding, the staff didn’t give clear instructions to the passengers about the boarding zones and after waiting so much in line when I asked her she responded with a vulgar attitude for no reason and asked my family and I to go to a different longer line with the excuse that she is only checking in passengers with minors (and that wasn’t true because she had just boarded so many people without minors right in front of me and other witnesses boarding the plan). So my parents and I wanted to complain because simply it’s just not acceptable behavior and also seeing that my father is older and just came out of surgery, she had no respect and provided 0 assistance.

Not only that but after we complained we were asked to leave the flight because apparently you can’t complain about poor customer service in Frontier, you must swallow the disrespect and be treated like a peasant just because the flight is cheaper. I am baffled by what happened and still am in complete shock, instead of taking constructive criticism which would definitely help their company and improve their overall performance they just kicked my family and I off the plane after they accosted us. They have ruined my vacation and wasted a lot of my money. I know the prices they offer are very catchy because they are cheaper compared to other airlines but don’t get fooled by that! If you want to be treated with normal human respect don’t fly frontier.

Original review: July 2, 2021

Bottom line up front, Frontier Airlines, don’t fly with them. Ever. Why you ask? Well, short answer, they’re incompetent and their customer service is non-existent. I booked a flight to Denver. Non-stop from Tampa. Flight is cheap, Until you factor in having to pay for even a carry on. But okay. Flight is cancelled. Due to weather. Again, okay. After exiting the plane all the passengers are told they’ve been automatically rebooked on a flight departing the following day at 12:05 pm. Sucks, but hey, okay.

Next morning, flight still not showing up on Frontier Airlines app so I can check in and print boarding pass. Call reservation number. Told that I’m booked on non-stop flight departing Tampa at 12:05. Arrive at airport, stand in long line at counter. Line doesn’t move for 30 minutes. Finally ask about line, told wrong line. Pointed out that would have been nice to know 30 minutes ago and a sign would have been nice. Response is they normally don’t have two lines. Myself and ten other people change lines. Finally get to counter. Told sorry, but the flight I thought I was booked on doesn’t exist. Woman at agent next to me upset because she is told the same thing. Agent acts like she is lying when she explains she was told she was booked on a 12:05 flight. I let them know I was told the exact same thing. Told no flights today unless I’m willing to drive to Orlando and take a flight there departing at 8:55pm.

Ask if they will provide or reimburse for a shuttle to take me there. Told to contact customer service for that request. Given phone number for customer service. Call number provided and wait on hold for 40 minutes. Person who finally answers is not real customer service, eventually convince him to connect me to the real customer service. Ask for number. He won’t provide it, but he does connect me. Wait on hold another 30 minutes. Explain everything again. Transferred to ANOTHER customer unservice rep. Finally told they can only book the alternate flight, can’t pay to shuttle me to airport. Request full refund. Never flying Frontier again. Write reviews. Then end.

Original review: July 2, 2021

⚠️WARNING ⛔️ I would not recommend booking with this airline if your travel plans are not extremely flexible!!!! Your customer service is absurd. You canceled the flight and said it was due to weather even though all other airlines continue their flights for the day at this airport. I was on hold for over 6 1/2 hours trying to get on the next flight and was told that the next flight would be over 24 hours after my original flight. I was not able to take that 24 hour later flight due to my work schedule and needed to move my flight to the next week. I was then told that I had to pay The difference in fare for the flight because I was not able to move it to the 24 hour later flight. The manager I spoke with employee ID number ** said there was nothing they could do to accommodate me other than giving me a refund and having me purchase a ticket with another airline. Sounds like that’s what I should’ve done in the first place.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I have been back and forth to Buffalo for the last month with my same travel bag and today I was charged for my bag that I have been using for the past month so my concern is why today if I would had to pay before. I would not be upset but today on my way back home I have to pay so if you gonna enforce the rules it should be at all times not sometimes with certain people, I have spent thousands with Frontier over the years and today will be my last flight as a frontier customer especially going to or coming from Buffalo NY and the staff were useless.

Original review: June 24, 2021

Flight was cancelled an hour before takeoff. Airline refused to book us on the next flight. Airline refused to offer vouchers. Airline made it very difficult to get refund. Bad airline. First and last time flying Frontier.

Original review: May 4, 2021

We show up to the airport 2 hours before our flight per their instructions. They were not doing electronic boarding passes so everyone had to go to the ticket counter. One person working the counter. We finally get to the counter 1 and a half hours later and they tell us, and roughly the other 50 plus people behind us, that we have to rebook our flight because it’s too close to the flight departure. Their next flight was 4 days later. They told us to call customer service for a refund but I talked to 3 people at customer service who said no refund because we should have taken the other flight 4 days later. We had to pay to board our dogs and lost some of the nonrefundable portion at our resort. They offered us $25 vouchers after complaining to customer service. I’m hiring an attorney.

Original review: May 2, 2021

Could not get me on my flight. 100% their fault and admittedly so. Refund? No. Kept my money including the seat and bag fees. They agreed not to bill me for "missed flight fee", which obviously does not exist. I'm baffled this company is allowed to stay in business after they clearly steal from people. DO NOT TRUST THEM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. If you work for them, know who you are working for. Find another job.

Original review: April 27, 2021

Never in my life have I ever felt this compelled to make several reviews in different sites to speak out about my terrible service EVER! TILL NOW SO LET'S BEGIN!! They nickel and dime you, it is absolutely not worth it. If I can give 0 stars and NEVER EVER experience this company ever again I will. This was those terrible life lessons that taught me to pay good money upfront to avoid secret fees and hassles. They charge you for everything even ** regular airlines don't charge you for. Bottom line you will end up paying way more than what you was trying to avoid paying. Also for us to be in a pandemic and shoved like sardines next to strangers with no way to really social distance was crazy. How are you going to enforce masks but not all the other rules smh.

Also my friend flew down to meet me and used Delta and his experience was different and they actually gave people space in between strangers for safety measures, something Frontier did not care to do because they are about milking as many people as possible than people's health and safety. Their seats are super uncomfortable. Also unless your bag is a purse you're gonna pay for it Especially if you don't pay ahead of time before you get to the airport. Bottom line go to Delta, Jet Blue, even American Airlines... DO NOT USE Frontier. I will absolutely warn everyone and make sure everyone who will travel in the future never uses this company.

Original review: April 22, 2021

My party of 12 arrived at MCO airport 2 hours before our flight departing for SYR, per usual and normal instructions. We printed out our baggage tags since we had 12 bags that needed to be checked and boarded. There was no attendant available at any “bag drop” so I went up and asked where we drop our bags that were ready to board. We were told “there is no bag drop and that we needed to wait in line.” The line stretched out to about 200 yards around 3 corners of the airport that we waited in for 1 hour and 45 minutes. While waiting in line, we overheard Frontier flight attendants talking with airport staff, “wow, I have never seen it this bad before.” We received no updates while in line about our departing flight.

When it was our turn to finally drop off our bags, we were told “You missed your flight, it has already departed.” The only option that was given to us was a flight going into SYR on Thursday, 4/15. This was not a viable option at all since we are teachers and all are scheduled to work on Monday, while we have kids who have school. We were pushed aside for the next people in line who, talking with others, were in the same exact circumstance.

Since Frontier Airlines offered no other viable options for us to get back to SYR or closer to NY, we were forced to look at other airlines. Because flights were so packed, we were forced to split into 2 groups and travel home later that night and into the next day. We could not find any flights from MCO to SYR so we were forced to travel to different airlines, which had us having to rent cars and hotel rooms. All receipts are being provided along with a video showing how long the line was still after we had gone through it. Again, no updates were provided to us while we were in line. If we were contacted to arrive at the airport sooner because of staff shortages or long lines, we certainly would have done this. But zero contact or updates from Frontier airlines were given to us until we were told our flight had departed without us.

Original review: April 11, 2021

I had a departing flight scheduled for May 19th that I needed to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances. This would have been my first time flying in over 8 years. I was told the only way to get my money back was to get a credit. When I told them I wouldn’t be able to use the credit due to having to reschedule my vacation from May to this week, and because I never fly, I was told I would need to provide documentation proving the events I said happened actually happened. The customer service rep never offered to accommodate the flights I need now and when I asked if there was someone else I could speak with she just kept offering to walk me through the website to upload the documents she claimed they needed. This was a horrible experience and I wouldn’t recommend ever using this airline.

Original review: March 22, 2021

Frontier cancelled my flight less than 1 week prior to departure and when I checked my itinerary 2 days before flying, I found out I didn’t have a flight. I called and they had no flights to accommodate my date of travel. Flights rose by $400 by other airlines at this point. When I called customer service I waited an hour and 40 minutes and a “supervisor” told me that I would receive a refund and $100 flight voucher. I was confused why I wasn’t automatically refunded when it was cancelled. They said they wait for the customer to call to refund anyone.

I waited 7 business days for my voucher as instructed and 2 weeks later it never came. I waited another hour and 45 minutes on hold back and forth between representatives who told me the voucher they offered me was denied.. a voucher I was offered and never requested initially. They told me they don’t give vouchers to people who receive refunds. It was a truly terrible experience. Some man “Arvy” who was a supervisor then was very disrespectful to me on the phone and told me that he can’t help me. I’ve never had a worse experience with customer service.

Original review: March 19, 2021

Too much nickel and dime - their frequent flyer program had 2 tiers before and that made it worth "medium" level flyers trying to get status - but like so many better things, they changed that too. Seat space is small - trays are small. Pros- staff is usually quite good!

Original review: March 18, 2021

I booked a vacation package through Travelocity, in this case, you don't have no options to choose an airline. The destination of the trip was Canada, the departure was from San Francisco making a stopover at the Denver airport and then from there to Buffalo, NY. In conclusion, if flights is long, I do not recommend this airline, their seats are uncomfortable. I am petite lady, anyway I got a back pain. Another thing, they charge you for everything, including the water. I would not recommend this airline unless your flight time is just one hour. Fortunately, the return to the trip was in a different airline.

Original review: March 17, 2021

Efficient, friendly, punctual. Total trip was uneventful. Departed on time and arrived as quoted. Baggage was handled with care and was received with no encountered problems. Staff was friendly and courteous before, during and after flight.

Frontier Airlines Company Information