1.14/5
Based on 58 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

515 Emirates Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Alix cabin crew DXB to MAN EK019. My wife was asked twice to remove our child from the floor but as she explained to the cabin crew on each occasion the food trays were out and obstructing her from removing the child safely from the floor. On each occasion she asked the cabin crew involved to please remove the trays so she could remove the child from the floor. The Cabin crew involved refused stating that the tray removal service has not started.

Eventually my wife managed to remove all the trays and went to hand them into Alix who refused to take them and told my wife to put the on the floor. Later when Alix came around she asked my 6 old child abruptly to hand her the trays from the floor. This was not acceptable. I have details of independent passengers who witnessed this appalling behaviour by Alix if you would like me to pass their details on I would be happy to. I could forward this email address on with reference numbers to reply to the incident directly. These passengers advised us to put in a formal complaint to Emirates. My issue is the horrible attitude of Alix and her general behaviour towards me personally was unacceptable, I was sat in the seat behind my wife and never once intervened between my wife and Alix conversations.

I am sure Alix has had Complaints made against her judging by my experience there was no need for here to be rude to me throughout the complete flight. Her manager (Emily **) was covering for her by passing on the wrong name details on every occasion spelling me out "Alice" more than 3 times, I had to find another cabin crew member on the other side of the plane to get the correct name "ALIX". Alix removed her name badge proving she was aware of her behaviour towards us being detrimental.

My wife is more concerned about my child's safety than the cabin crew. This whole charade escalated when the cabin crew (Alix) refused to remove 3 trays to give some access to my wife in order to remove the child. This issue is of the utmost importance to me, I would like disciplinary action against Alix and her manager Emily ** for lying to me on 3 separate occasion despite me giving her a chance to be honest and when I asked why Alix's name badge has been removed she told me "Go find her and ask her yourself!" But Alix kept avoiding me for the last 1 of the flight. I never saw her again.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

My son and I flew Emirates in December 2017 from New York to Johannesburg. He had a short internship at a private conservation reserve photographing all the researchers working there as well as other assignments. In New York, we were stopped by Emirates' agent, who called over the manager. He was very understanding, recognizing that overall our luggage was underweight but we had delicate gear that could not go in the hold. When you are a professional photographer, you may have all the logistical support for moving gear around, but it's harder when you are a semi-professional like my teenage son. On the way home, at the Johannesburg airport, the agent stopped us again and we had the opposite experience.

The manager accused us of lying when we said it was in our record that we had this gear and that it was the airline that had let us come this far. We were told it was "not policy" -- even though exceptions are made every day. We were told it was "not safe" -- in which case, why were we allowed to fly with it in the first place, and how come we've never had an issue on any other international flight or flight in the US? Then we were told we could put it in the hold and sign a liability form. It would have been simpler just to throw it into the street.

Not only were we not allowed on the flight, Emirates refused to give us even a partial refund. They stranded us half a world away from our family on Christmas. I had to buy a same-day ticket at enormous expense to get home, and that airline (Delta) had no issue with us putting his gear in carry-on. And of course it caused no issues. Emirates showed not the SLIGHTEST care about us or our experience. I will never fly this airline again.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Do not fly with this airline. In advance, I asked Emirates if I could take two small sealed batteries in my hand luggage. They said I could. I made sure they were properly wrapped, labeled, terminals protected and documented. The batteries were small, not lithium, and they were stamped by the manufacturer as IATA Approved and suitable for air travel. I followed all the rules 100%. At London Heathrow I once again asked the check-in agent if it was OK to take them in my hand luggage. I explained and she said, "No problem." But once I got to Dubai I had to connect to my second Emirates flight. It was at that point when an Emirates supervisor said I could not take them and they had to be discarded. I tried to explain but the supervisor would not listen. The other Emirates staff said they were acceptable and that the supervisor was wrong to say no.

But there was nothing they could do and nothing I could do. They had to be discarded. Upon return to the UK I filed a written complaint to Emirates. They just keep coming back with lies and excuses trying to pass the blame onto others and not themselves. They have treated my issue pretty poorly. I was a business class passenger with two others and our seats cost just over £12k. But they couldn't care less. So I will now file a claim in the UK small claims court and drag them through the litigation system to get the cost of the new replacement batteries I have had to buy. Maybe some compensation too due to the loss of use of scuba equipment that they were meant to be powering on the 10 night trip to the Maldives. I do not recommend this airline to anyone and I would never, never use them again.

Original review: July 24, 2018

My flight EK407, I ordered a Vegan meal, dairy was served, my luggage didn't arrive till midnight the following day, my return flight EK408. I booked business class both flights and on the return flight the staff allowed 2 children in business class from economy, they blocked me in and leaned on my consul till I complained. The parents were happy to sit in the bar area while their children sat in their seats, not only it was annoying, it was also a safety issue. After another complaint the father and 1 daughter were sent down to economy, after an hour and a half of disturbing me. I paid a lot for my flight and was disappointed.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I have a complaint against the Emirates. Referring to the above, I would like to file a complaint against Emirates Airlines. The flight line Kuwait - Dubai - New York - Kuwait - Dubai flight number EK 860 dated 11/6/2018. The plane was delayed to connect to Dubai Airport 10 minutes to get to the gate and when we get off the plane we were delayed 25 minutes, because we were in the last seats in the plane and the passengers were packed with luggage. A flight from Dubai to New York flight number EK 203 on 12/06/2018, when we arrived at the gate of the plane at 2:30 am one of your workers told us that our bags were taken down Off the plane will be on the next flight. After several minutes said That we can not board the plane for the flight mentioned and we have to make a new booking for the next trip to New York - I assure you that the bags did not reach the plane at all.

I went to work for the next trip and I was on the waiting list on the next flight. At 7 am We decided to go to Dubai and take. I went to the baggage office to ask how I could take one or more bags but they told me I had to go to the ticket office to get a license or authorization to take the bags. The ticket office told me I had to pay 3000 US dollars to take the bags. The American woman in the airport lounge at Dubai airport to talk to him about the problem but he is not respectful and speaks harshly and despises people rude and did not appreciate the children and the family did not help anything.

The chaos that I saw at Dubai airport by Emirates Airline is mismanagement and not one of the staff The sections that I have spoken to have a solution or guide you to the right way. Each hand aimed at the other chaos and farce. I go up and down from role to role with personal bags and children back. I landed in Dubai at 9 am. I took a hotel and I called the customer service and they told me I did not go to the departure gate for trip d New York No Show.

Please check the cameras at the gate and the problem of your employees that they are not respectable with the passengers and have no credibility to solve the problem of bags and at 8 pm They canceled my reservation and give my bags against me, causing me losses of bookings and did not make a reservation for me to return to Kuwait. Note that I booked selected chairs for the flight from Dubai to New York and from Florida to Dubai. I paid KD 214. You have suffered bad treatment and insult by Emirates Airlines as a criminal or imprisoned person. There is no credibility No honor in dealing with passengers, whether adults or children.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emirates Airlines?

Original review: July 1, 2018

I had an extremely rude condescending person representing Emirates airlines at the check in counter in Dubai airport who held me hostage in Dubai and won't let me board the connecting flight asking me to pay $200 and when I refused threatened to jail me and my 7 year old. Finally I paid the money even though it was a connecting flight from FLL to HYD. They let you board on FLL and will hold you hostage in Dubai.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I am a US/Saudi citizen of Saudi Arabia living in the US. I was traveling with my husband and my 6 year old child to see my family in Jeddah. My trip was supposed to take us from Orlando, FL to Jeddah via Dubai. I filled out my reservation online. When it asked me which passport I will be traveling with, I chose the Saudi Passport because I don't need an exit/entry visa to that country. We arrived to the airport three hours prior to the flight. The lady at the check in booth told us we cannot travel through these airlines because I am Saudi and this trip is strictly for non-citizens of Saudi Arabia. It was a trip for Hajj and Omrah only.

Nothing during our reservation did it state that we cannot travel through this trip/airline. When we asked for compensation, they said that I didn't pay for insurance. I told them that I arrived on time and that I will accept any change to the trip that I can go on. But they said that all of the Emirate flights are reserved for non-Saudis until after Hajj season which is two months. They also said it was my fault for not knowing that I couldn't board and that it is stated on the itinerary. However, the itinerary doesn't state anything about that point of view. Furthermore, my husband and daughter are non-citizens to Saudi Arabia, they are US/Yemen citizen they also cannot board the plane because they are considered as residents of Saudi Arabia so they weren't able to travel as well. Now we didn't travel and all our trip money was taken by them and they will not return it.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Let me begin by saying, I have historically encountered a host of wonderful experiences with Emirates. One incident, however, has completely altered my opinion of the airline. Due to my experience, I do not intend to fly Emirates again, and I heavily caution others against flying with the airline if there is even the slightest possibility of ticket cancelation. Here's why...

Early June I departed with Emirates from Seattle to Dubai. I am 22, a student, and have been planning for some time to relocate to Dubai for graduate school. Knowing I do not have residency in the UAE yet, I purchased a round-trip ticket through the airline (as it is advised to have proof of intended return for immigration/customs). Upon booking the round-trip ticket, I knew I would not be needing the return to Seattle, so I opted to spend extra money on a flex ticket. Essentially, "flex" allows for ticket refundability (although you have to pay a $200 fee to receive the refund). Based on my previous experience with a variety of other airlines, upon canceling my ticket, I was expecting to receive a total comparable to the sum remaining after the $200 deduction and applicable taxes. As a customer, you would assume this would derive from the unutilized fare price, right? This seems to be common sense. Well...not with Emirates...

Upon filling out the refund request form today, I learned that from my round-trip $1,505 ticket, I will be receiving $72.11 back. Evidently, this refund is comprised of only "refundable" taxes. Clearly, this did not appear or sit right with my conscious. After all, I paid for a flex ticket which was several hundred dollars more than the option "saver" just so I could have the option for a refund. On top of that, even with the "flex" option, I would have to pay a $200 fee to even receive the refund. Inherently, this simply did not settle with me...so I reached out to customer support.

Bottom line is this...Emirates, I respect the fact you have tight rules/regulations surrounding your refund policy. I get it. But here is what is innately wrong. You are a company that claims to adhere to a mission of providing "first class service" to your customers. I am sure you will unanimously agree that following ethical guidelines and promoting transparency is a huge part of that. As a customer, my experience (and surely the experience of many many others) relays a far different story. The quantitative details of what outlines refundability is truly not clearly laid out nor easy to find on your site. The chart displaying the various perks of each ticket package (saver, flex, and flex plus) is misleading.

As a student who has to budget carefully (and purposefully selected a flight plan based on the inferences that could be drawn via the transparency of information available to me on your booking site), receiving back $72.11 for a $1,500 half-used ticket is not only highly offensive, but truly feels as though I have been seriously taken advantage of and conned out of my money. I can honestly say I have never had anything like this happen to me in my life, and lesson learned. Even with large companies like Emirates, you simply cannot trust what appears to be truth, fact, or what "should" be ethically right. Rather, as a customer you truly have to traverse buying options with EXTREME skepticism and caution. Flyers, please beware!

Original review: June 20, 2018 I flew from Dubai to Orlando. Totally authoritarian approach. Flight attendants will take care of themselves, not customers. They would sit, eat and talk. If you ask for something, they will call big Middle Eastern purses who will verbally abuse you, threaten you even if you don't say anything much. Then they can throw you out of plane, or put you in jail if you are in Dubai, where people have no rights. They behave like we fly free. Captains are same, angry, abusive, threatening. Bus drivers are better. Who lets these angry people come to the US and abuse Americans. Food worst. Bags they lose or break and not pay or not answer calls.

DICTATORS. To make more money, they come looking for big handbags near gates, snatches them for check in and charge 200$. They say they don't like America or India (two largest democracies) and they make maybe 70% money from them. And mistreat them. Avoid Emirates, support US carriers.

Original review: June 19, 2018

When I was checking in for my flight I volunteered to fly 24 hrs later as the flight was overbooked (Emirates’ fault) along with a lady traveling to New Zealand. Despite being left for 4 hours in the check in area, we did get on our flight, but because it was so late/inconvenience etc. we got upgrade to business to Dubai. But the manager who checked us in, JUST 2 OF US, put the wrong baggage labels on the bags and switched them over. When I arrived in Saigon after quite some time the mistake was realized and my bag was on its way to Auckland. This was now Saturday night, I'd been in my clothes for 2 days and had important daily medication in my suitcase and I had a tour leaving at 8 am the following morning. I was exhausted and it was and 8/9 pm by now! I was told at this point I wasn't getting my bag at all during my 3 wks in Vietnam!!!

They gave me 1,140,000 VND to buy clothes and toiletries for a 24 hour period!!! Sunday 6th get a call that my bag has gone to Sydney (why?? I am in Vietnam???) and would not arrive and they didn't know when it would. Still don't have my medication!!! Monday 7th get told bag wasn't put on flight to Saigon and they don't know why they just forgot!!! During all this time no updates were given on tracking system. I was also given incorrect PIR so had to call to try and track, although there were no updates anyway. Tuesday get call "hopefully" bag will arrive on 4 pm flight but we don't know. No confirmation!!! Despite putting urgent medication in bag on form this is ignored when it should have been escalated. First days of holiday spoilt and very very stressful. I saved and worked very very hard to do this trip. I had to rearrange my tour so I could shop for clothes and that was also very difficult and not what I wanted to do on my vacation!

No real help or confidence in team at Saigon. They don't really care. Massive let down and monumental error by Emirates and ruined the start of my holiday. Even waiting for bag delivery explained had to get up for flight at 3 am and couldn't sleep until had bag. The flight was delayed about an hour and arrived at @5pm but I didn't get my bag until 8.15 pm. There was a heavy rainstorm and flooding and they delivered a huge duffle weighing just under 20 kg on the back of a scooter!!! I know this is Vietnam but the bag could have easily been soaked or worse dropped/damaged. It wasn't even secured to the bike just balanced by the driver! I was exhausted stressed etc. but couldn't rest. I feel completely let down on every level by Emirates on EVERY Level. And their response. “We are sorry it happens. Here’s 15k Skywards points” - LIKE I WILL EVER FLY EMIRATES AGAIN. THEY SUCK.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I recently traveled from IAD (Washington Dulles International Airport) to DEL (New Delhi, India) through DXB (Dubai). Everything looked fine until I reached Dubai Airport (DXB) before gate. My luggage was weighed by Emirates staff (One cabin bag and a laptop bag) and I was passed through. At next stage a female staff informed that I couldn't carry my cabin luggage as there is not much space inside the flight and I will need to Check-it in. I requested to carry it inside and explained it had original property documents which were very important and I couldn't check it in (I even opened my bag and showed her that there were only the documents).

While I was talking to her immediately Mr. ** (Seemed their Supervisor) came to me, grabbed my luggage in very rude manner and started taking to the other side, saying "let me see now, get him deported." Took luggage back to weighing place and told I am not allowed to take a laptop bag. I explained that it is mentioned on my tickets that one carry-on item such as laptop is allowed. He said, "No it is heavier." I opened the bag and showed that there was nothing in the bag except the laptop. But he was acting really rude and was ignoring what I was showing him on ticket documents. He said, "Your other bag is also heavier than allowed limit" and I will need to pay the money for that.

I told it was already passed from Washington Airport as well as here (Dubai) also. It was just that he was trying to harass me. He was being extremely rude and said he will make sure that my flight is missed. I was really in trauma while dealing with him as it seemed that he was trying that my flight is missed. As I was in a different country I was really afraid. He was not allowing me to go. It looked like that other Emirates staff there was also not comfortable with his behavior. One of the staff member who had weighed my luggage earlier and allowed slowly told me that I could complain online about him. I tried to ask his name but I was told that they couldn't tell his name. Which later I saw on his uniform that his name was **.

Finally I requested him to let me go and I will pay the amount whatever additional they charge. I felt it like a ransom. After a lot of request and paying the amount he allowed me and told the staff to still check in my luggage and didn't allow in the flight. I was really depressed after this incident and I was scared about my return flight if somehow this person is there again he may put me in trouble again. He shouldn't have behaved like this. I was surprised why these kind of criminal mentality people are serving in such a service field. I will never take Emirates in future for me and my family, I have also told my friends about this incident and have suggested to not to use Emirates for flights touching Dubai.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Baggage lost claims are not clear and ground and customer service personnel are the least helpful. Airport is more focused on selling stuff rather than improving comfort for transit passengers.

Original review: May 24, 2018

They are slimy robbers and ** at Emirates Airlines. They propose you cheap rates and cheap upgrades to Business class but as soon as you reach the counter they charge you for additional kg beyond 29 KG even in business class at USD 40 per KG. Then once you passed immigration they refuse you the access to the lounge. Don't trust those Emirates robbers. They are **!

Original review: May 10, 2018

I do not recommend anyone to use the Emirates airline, they have the poorest customer services ever. I booked ticket to Khartoum from the Emirates website. When I wanted to book my seat I found out one of the flight is FlyDubai which is low cost carrier, call the customer service. They say can't do anything, I have to raise complaint in the website, it's been more than week no one reply to my complaint even though I'm sending reminders everyday. I did not expect a brand like Emirates act like bunch of hustlers. Just want to make money by any mean necessary. I did not fly yet but obviously I can sense what I'm going to experience.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I traveled and returned in two weeks from India (Fort Lauderdale, to Mumbai) and returned. I was charged for excess baggage from Fort Lauderdale to Dubai, and further destination to Mumbai (India). They did the same trip back and I find my two bags damaged on the way back, one was totally cracked and the other was totally ruined by the top or lid forced inside the bottom of the suitcase. Upon continuously reminding emailing them about the case and details. Once in a while the representatives called upon leaving them messages, they returned the calls and asked me a receipt.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I tried to speak to Emirates today about pre-seating my Mother who is 85 years old on her flights from Durban to London via Dubai. She leaves in 2 days time and we have requested a wheelchair for her but they will not preseat her on the flights unless we pay. I can't get over this blatant grab at money when an old person is involved. I've worked in the Airline and Travel Industry for a very long time and this was not the case a year ago when we last booked her. It seems that Emirates will stop at nothing to make money off of their passengers. How disgraceful!!! I am totally DISGUSTED WITH THIS BEHAVIOUR!! In future, in my professional and personal capacity I will only deal with airlines that are more interested in servicing their passengers unlike Emirates! I will also add at this point that I've had requests from passengers to not book them on Emirates so they must have obviously seen absolutely no value in their product and service delivery.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I wish to bring to your attention the harrowing experience me and my family experienced during our recent trip from Bangalore to Minneapolis. We flew by Emirates from Bangalore-Dubai-JFK, from where we had a connection flight to Minneapolis with Sun Country. I was traveling with my two young children and elderly parents on this trip. At the check-in counter in Bangalore, we were among the first to check in, yet the airline staff did not allot us seats together for the Dubai-JFK leg. In fact, we were seated in different zones even!

We had pre-booked vegetarian meals for my parents. However, during the DXB-JFK leg, when my parents asked for the vegetarian option, an extremely rude cabin crew took away their non-vegetarian hot component and did not replace it. My parents did not remind him since he was extremely rude and they felt intimidated to request him a second time. I heard about this from my parents only later and was pained to hear they went hungry during such a long flight. Following this, we landed at JFK, cleared customs/immigration and arrived at the baggage claim. We waited at the baggage carousel for around 10-15 minutes without any sign of our luggage. That is when we saw some people rushing to the other side of the carousel, where lay an ocean of luggage strewn all across the floor. After wading through all those bags, we managed to find our 5 pieces of luggage.

When we had checked in at Bangalore airport we were assured by the staff that our luggage was cleared all the way to MSP, so all we had to do was drop in our luggage at the Sun Country office near the baggage claim exit. We were unable to find any such office and upon inquiry with an Emirates staff, we're informed that we had to go all the way to the fourth floor to do the regular check-in. We followed their instructions and went to the Sun Country check-in counter, where there was a long queue. After braving the queue and getting our boarding passes, we then rushed to clear security, where we were again delayed for no apparent reason.

Finally, upon reaching the Sun Country’s gate, we were informed by a rather callous staff that they closed the doors 5 minutes back! We were in a state of shock. I, along with my 2 young kids and aged parents, had been traveling for more than 18 hours, and we were treated with absolute indifference by the Sun Country staff.

Emirates staff too washed their hands of us informing that their flight had landed on time and so it was not their responsibility. So there we were, a small group of passengers who had missed the connecting flight, stranded at the airport, unsure of what was to be done. We were all stressed out over what we should do next, and meanwhile the staff moved on to discuss the recent delivery of a colleague who gave birth to an ‘adorable baby’! I couldn’t believe their apathy towards us. They weren’t apologetic or sympathetic when they obliged to keep us as a ’stand by’ option on a flight next morning. We were supposed to arrange for accommodation (which cost upwards of $240) and food until their next flight at 7 am next morning, a full 20 hours later! My kids aged 8 and 3, were tired and hungry, yet displayed greater empathy and understanding than all the callous Emirates and Sun Country staff, who couldn’t care less.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I had a very bad experience with Emirates and I do not recommend to anyone to travel with Emirates. I traveled from London to Dubai with my family. We were going there to join the special family wedding. When we got there, we couldn't find our luggage. They lost our luggage in London. Because of delay on our luggage, we had to purchase whatever we needed for wedding and related parties. After wedding they found our luggage. Now I claim about my expenses that I had in Dubai, they do not approve it and they do not want to pay me back. I travel a lot but this one is the worse trip that I had.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I am a frequent traveller on Emirates Business class from SFO to India and have done 3 trips in the last three months. I noticed that each of the trip becomes worse than the previous and the quality has degraded over time. They are constantly running out of food? Seriously? The last trip I did costed me 10k for the ticket and I had to settle for something I really had no interest eating on the 2 legs I was flying! I got an apology from Emirates customer service telling me it happens sometimes. I thought it was a one off. But my latest trip I had it! They ran out of food on 2 of segments, the food tasted awful! The salad I got was stale, the bread was cold with blobs of cold butter on it! I have had it with Emirates. I bought this to their attention via customer service and they were apologetic and will address this in the future. Seriously??? #emirates #emiratesbusinessclass #emiratesfoodsucks #emiratesbadfood.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I would advise EVERYONE to steer clear from using Emirates ever again. We have just had the worst experience of our lives. I am expecting triplets which is classified as one of the highest-risk pregnancies in the world. My parents booked to come and see us and help us prepare the house for their arrival, as well as see their other 2 grandchildren. This flight was booked over a month ago at a price they could actually afford after saving for months, hence why they chose this airline. Since then we have learnt that my dad's cancer is terminal, that he is now practically bed-bound and in no way fit or able to fly. Even if he was, the airline would not be willing to take the risk.

So we phoned about canceling the flight (2 months ahead of their scheduled departure) and were told that we would pay a cancellation fee of more than two thirds of the original ticket price because 'that is what it costs to cancel the ticket'. The same ticket which will be put back on the website before the end of the day and sold for anything up to triple the original price (because they have 2 months' notice to fill that seat). Upon asking what would happen if he dies before the flight we were told that this (dead) person would still be charged the full cancellation fee as it puts them in a 'difficult position' when he is unable to fly due to being dead.

The 2nd ticket, my mum's would not be eligible for a refund at all, not even if she loses her husband of nearly 33yrs ON the departure date. Not once during that conversation were we offered any condolences for the very difficult and stressful situation we are in, in fact, the customer services adviser told us in an unfriendly tone: you should have read the terms and conditions more closely. We were given the opportunity to provide proof of the illness, which we have been willing to do all along, to be 'considered' by their team but we were warned that this is in no way a guarantee of a favourable outcome.

After all the severe emotional trauma of this high-risk pregnancy and learning that my dad is dying and I can't even see him to say goodbye, my mum said she would be willing to travel amidst the difficult circumstances, fully aware that it might mean she misses him passing away, if she can bring her best friend for emotional support, instead. Positive that this would at least be an option, we phoned Emirates with new hope to see about changing his ticket (still 2 months in advance) only to be told that the ticket is non-transferrable, in fact, all their tickets are non-transferrable and there is just nothing they can do. She has to fly alone or lose the money.

My dad is being penalised financially (massively) for being diagnosed with terminal cancer, and would even be penalised in death because of the 'difficulty' it puts the airline in. My mum is forced to fly on her own, in the midst of the worst time of her life or lose all the money she paid for her ticket and I am unable to see at least one parent in what is also the most terrible time of my life. In the past 2 days we have spoken to 3 consultants, none of whom showed any humanity or even just offered sympathy for the situation, if anything they were what I would classify as hostile and annoyed, and we were told time and again that our request is an inconvenience for the airline. I have never been so shocked by any organisation in my life and I intend to spread the word far and wide.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I took a flight with Emirates on 23/2/2018 from Gatwick to Sydney. On arrival I was waiting to pick up my luggage which never turned up! They took hours trying to find where it was. In the meantime I missed my bus ($63)x2. I had my girlfriend with me. So we had to stay in the city for the night. The train ($18.50)x2, The hostel ($85), The new bus ticket ($63)x2. Then it took 4 days for them to send my luggage to the nearest airport (50km) each way! $20 in fuel, fuel isn't free! And I had to take time off work to go get it. More money lost! This is $268 gone through no fault of my own plus more in lost time. Are they going to take this off my next ticket? I won't hold my breath!

Original review: March 12, 2018

Inflight economy class experience is not good. Dates of travel: Outbound: IAD > Hyderabad, India Feb 15, 2018. Inbound: Hyderabad > IAD Mar 4-5, 2018. My wife's seat was totally stuck. The flight attendant pushed it hard to move the backrest back. It may older A380 they are operating. The clip of my seat belt is loose and not secure/not holding tight. The seat was not secure in case of an emergency. I reported it to the flight attendant and her reaction was very casual saying the seat belt may be loose and no further action was taken. I reported the issue to the flight purser when he was passing by. He made a note of it and went off.

I paid $135/per seat and purchased in the exit row seats. To my disappointment they are much smaller seats compared to other economy seats in A380. I felt we did not get the value that we expected. The flight attendant accidentally dropped milk carton on me soaking my shirt, hand and book I am reading. She was apologetic but in her hurry, the plastic tray fell on my head.

When the plane landed at IAD, the flight attendant released her seat belt, the moment the wheels touched the runway. I asked her ''Aren't you supposed to keep the seat belt on at least until the aircraft slows down?'' Then she grabbed the seat belt again and the flight attendant sitting next to her said that they are covered and can remove the seat belt early. It did not make sense. I wondered if the flights are safe, where the flight crew themselves are careless. The above incidents show that the security of travelers are compromised on the Emirates aircrafts. Summary: a) For safety reasons, I do not feel safe in travelling on an aircraft which is old, especially when the seat belt is not working and flight crew are careless. b) I have been travelling by Emirates last 4-5 years, I could see the deterioration of inflight service. May be due to large number of travelers in A380s.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I took Emirates from Houston to Dubai. While there, I was in an accident and hurt my ankle and back. I wanted to return home on my regular return flight, but the 16 hour flight would be very painful sitting in a seat for that length of time. I called Emirates to see if I could block seats next to me to lay down or upgrade to business class. The business class upgrade one way was $8000. That wasn't an option. I offered to buy additional economy seats, but they wouldn't discuss it. I called back 3 additional times and they finally said I could purchase additional seats.

They charged me more than my round trip ticket for each of the 2 additional one way tickets. I was in such pain, that I was willing to do this. but then Emirates also wanted a $500 change fee for me to stay on my SAME FLIGHT and PURCHASE 2 additional tickets at a pretty hefty rate. Now this was just taking advantage. I was obviously pretty desperate to be even considering purchasing 3 seats for myself. but the change fee was too much. I blew them off and bought business class ticket on other airline for less than their ridiculous offer. I was so frustrated and disappointed.

Original review: March 5, 2018

On my 8.35 AM flight March 3 from Dubai to Zurich sound was not working. What a horrible experience. Not only mine 44C, but also 44 A and B. Flight attendant said he will bring another earpiece, one hour later he said he FORGOT!!! Told him it's the jack that not working, not earpiece. One hour later, he brought anyway another earpiece, then one more. Smarter supervisor listen and said that it's unfortunately, the jack is not working. Offered to give another place to sit, but they forgot. 7 hours of boring long flight.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Emirates can lie with straight face and sheer confidence. Due to weather conditions, my flight from UK to Kolkata got cancelled after 3 hours from check in at the airport. While other airlines were distributing food coupons after the delayed flights Emirates said they'll transfer us to hotel in their coach. We stood at the conveyer belt and collected my luggage which were distributed between two belts... (quite a bit of running around and paying extra to get the trolley). We came out to find out that there is no coach, no hotel. Emirates made the promise while they were trying to arrange for hotels... they either don't know their verbs or plain lied. Their latest version was 'we are suggesting you go home and we will contact you when you are rescheduled'.

A flight can get cancelled due to weather conditions... but can a reputed brand act such foolishly and keep lie conveniently and put their valued customer in an extremely vulnerable situation, Emirates need to decide. While entire UK came to stand still I was dragging 50 kg luggage in few feet of snow all by myself at 10 pm in the night. Even if this is a 1% probability, should this have happened. My answer is no, never. What do you say @emirates.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

We flew Delhi to Munich via Dubai on 16.12.2017 and our 40” LED Smart TV got fully damaged which had fragile stickers on the box. Emirates Airline refused to accept claim as they are not responsible for electronic items even though accepted at check-in baggage and put many fragile stickers on it. Big loss to us just because of Airline thrown your fragile LED TV during baggage handling. Why Airlines is not responsible? How they can run away from their responsibility? They didnt handle fragile baggage carefully. It's their duty to deliver baggage, not the passenger luck!! I approach Emirates Airline Customer affair but they refused to accept claim as they don't take responsibility of Electronic items in baggage.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I am a very frequent traveler with Emirates and I am seeing that this airline is going crazy on customer focus. I have travelled twice in the last 6 months and I lost my baggage on both the travels. During the first travel, my baggage was transferred to Mumbai instead of Chennai airport. At this time I lost my one of my hand baggage which is taken in Seattle and they have not given any tag for that baggage. Now airlines are not taking the responsibility for this and they said we can do a courtesy search. This airlines is performing really bad from the last couple of years. Airlines Management should put effort to their employees on how to do the customer focus.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

When we booked the flight ticket (SEA to DXB), we specifically wanted a bassinet seat. The Emirates customer service (call center) said it was available and accordingly assigned us a bassinet seat (23 E). We happily paid for the ticket. But when we came to Seattle, the Emirates manager at the Gate, Mr. Omer **, gave us a different seat which did not have bassinet provision. We find this as betrayal of trust. Had we known that we won't be given a bassinet seat, we would have booked a different flight. Moreover, the Emirates employees were rude and abusive. They used words like 'your baby will DIE if she is seated in 23E'. This is extremely unacceptable. Travelling with an infant without a bassinet seat, was a harrowing experience for us. All this for no fault of ours. I doubt, I will ever fly again with Emirates.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Worst airline. I traveled in December 2016, they lost my luggage. After traveling 25 hrs flight I had nothing to wear, my daily medicine were in it too. I had to come back at the airport for 3 hours and wait for about 5 hours. Seemed like 40 hours in torture! Unfortunately bought Emirates ticket again. Staff are liars and incompetent in Pakistan.

I went there twice to change my ticket. 6 staff members talking to each other for 15 mins and pretended as if I was invisible. I was charged $300 to change my ticket. I was asked to give them a date meaning I will have to pay next time if I change my date again. Second time after 15 days I went to change my dates, I was asked for another $300. I came back after an hour, they asked me for $700 now instead of $300 they had just quoted. Staff member said, "Yes I did quote you but I did not know" and walked away. I fly quite frequently and so do a lot of my family members. I told my experience to everyone I know. Seems like there is no customer service or courtesy.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I booked a return flight Amman - Dubai with Emirates. On my flight back, I was surprised that their flight back was operated by a low cost carrier (Fly Dubai), with very restricted services on board, different terminal, delayed flight. Is this legal?? I was charged the price of a regular Emirates flight but had to take a much lower grade flight. If I have booked the same flight directly through Fly Dubai, I would have paid much less. I think this is against all business ethics. How is it possible to stop them cheating passengers like that?

Emirates Company Information

Emirates Airlines
www.emirates.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business