2. Travel

Emirates

Emirates
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.56/5

Emirates Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emirates?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emirates Airlines?

Original review: March 18, 2020

Birthday celebration???? Due to recent developments of corona virus our further trip to Switzerland got cancelled and we had to fly back home to Dubai. When the cabin supervisor Ms. Pearl came to know about it, the entire team came up with a surprise for my birthday. They made my day. It was nothing less than a dream come true!! Thank you Entire team of @emirates EK072 CDG-DXB (16/03/2020) for making it so special!! Special thanks to Cabin Supervisor Pearl ** and team - Emma, Marius, Marios, Paniyotis, Eunji, Lilian, Wasim!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I travelled from Trivandrum to London via Dubai on 26th January 2020. The check in staff Dijo very kindly, helped me by prompt check in, helped with seat allocation and confirmed my Dubai Connect arrangements.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

My little girl traveled to Dubai for Christmas. Her school let our late, so she had to join the rest of the family who had gone ahead. She traveled as an unaccompanied minor on Emirate Airlines. As a mother, y'all can imagine the thoughts going through my mind. The fears that filled my heart and the dread I felt letting her go. Traveling alone, through a region that is volatile. In our times when no one is sure of anything. Her father looked at me like I was crazy, but he went along with it.

However, from the second the Emirate officials received her from me at Dulles Airport, I immediately calmed down. 2 officials were permanently with her until I completed the paperwork and kissed her goodbye. They assured me she was in good hands, and just the way they smiled at her, eased my fears. As I watched them hold back 1st class passengers so my little girl could go in and settle down, I started smiling. She called me later and told me, "Mom, they are treating me like a princess". Same thing in Dubai while she was waiting for her sister and aunts.

Her return journey was the same, they left a few hours before her, but were allowed to stay in her lounge with her for a little while. And they said, "Mom, the unaccompanied minor lounge is the bomb". I hugged the crew when I picked her up at Dulles and thanked them profusely. And first thing my little girl says after kissing me... "Mom, can I go to England by myself in June?" I suppose she now feels all grown up now. She'll still be an unaccompanied minor. I'll think about it. Only if Emirate Airlines goes that way. Thank you Emirate Airlines, I'll forever love you.

Susan.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Best airline I've ever flown on. I flew from Madrid to Shanghai on 26 July and had a return flight from Kuala Lumpur to London on 19 August. I flew in business there and economy return. All staff are very friendly and helpful. It made flying a very enjoyable experience!

Original review: April 16, 2020

I had to cancel my flight due to the COVID-19 travel ban on February 6,2020. On that day, I called Emirates customer service in regard to the flight cancellation. Over the phone, their staff confirmed Emirates would issue a full refund of my ticket fee, so I followed the staff's instruction to refund my ticket online. However, after 2 or 3 weeks, I only got Airport tax back. I tried to contacted Customer Affairs through the live Chat and email. They just kept asked me to raise a complaint through their Website and never really solved my complaint.

In the past two months, they just kept asking me to raise the same complaint many times and provide support documents. I did what had been told and provided adequate evidence. Eventually, after 2 months, they just told me that they have nothing further to add other than to thank me for writing to them and suggested me to contact my insurance company! They never gave me a reasonable explanation for why I didn't get a full refund!! Very disappointing experience!!!!

Original review: March 30, 2020

My flights from Bengaluru to Dubai then to EWR have been suspended by Emirates but no response regarding full cash refund, it gives option of voucher which I don't want, I need to make credit card payment with which I made booking so need full cash refund. Please...

Original review: March 24, 2020

Would give 0 stars if possible. I am so extremely disappointed. I received an e-mail from Emirates stating the THEY had cancelled my reservation. I immediately called the reservations department and they stated that they would NOT refund my money. I was welcome to rebook at a price almost 40% MORE than the original trip. I sent them a copy of THEIR Terms and Conditions that clearly state that if THEY are the ones who cancel the trip, I am entitled to a full refund. I also sent them the Department of Transportation rule stating that if THEY cancel the flight, they are responsible to provide a FULL refund of all monies paid. In any other arena, this would be considered theft. You pay for a service, they do not render the service, and they keep your money.

Original review: March 23, 2020

So after pre-empting the cancellation of flights from Adelaide I purchased NEW flights to come home early only to discover Emirates took payment and then at checkin informed me that their system had cancelled the flights as it Assumed they were duplicate's even though they had in fact already canceled my original Adelaide flights 24hrs AFTER I had booked new tickets. I spent 2 hours desperately trying to get on the flight I had already paid for to be told it would cost me a further £900 per person.

I ended up having to accept seats on a different aisle from my wife so we could get home. Emirates now hold funds for flights I did not take. I have experienced the worst customer service of ANY company I have ever dealt with. I have failed miserably to contact Emirates by phone, facebook and online whilst in Australia and now whilst back in the UK. This post is notice to Emirates that I will take legal action for the fraudulent way they took my funds and the trauma suffered at their hands at such a worrying time.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Emirates customer service provided very poor response to my baggage damage claim. They don't care about customer facing physical pain to carry damaged bag. The review process for baggage damage takes forever and response is very poor. I will not travel on Emirates any more.

Original review: March 20, 2020

The Emirates staff at Dubai Airport are extremely rude to passengers when boarding. They are untrained for e.g. they do not understand what an NVR (No Visa Required) seal on a passport means. When passengers have to explain this to the staff members it is pretty pathetic. They have no respect for passengers who are paying thousands of dollars to fly on this expensive airline. Even Business Class passengers (and Skywards Gold members) like myself have to endure this generally ignorant and condescending behaviour as they do not value any passenger, whether he/she is a frequent flyer or not.

Moreover, the cleanliness level of their aircrafts is extremely poor. I opened a fresh pair of headphones from the sealed packaging on my flight yesterday and it had gravy stains on it. I have posted these photos on Tripadvisor, as I couldn't post here. Moreover there was hair and food crumbles on my seat presumably from the previous flight. At a time when customers are so worried about travelling due to the Covid-19 pandemic, airlines like this operating such unclean aircraft are just risking the passengers' health and safety even more. People should avoid travelling on this airline in order to reduce their risk of infection.

Emirates Company Information