1.14/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

538 Emirates Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Refuse wheelchair service for pregnant woman - I was traveling from Hong Kong (HK) to Amsterdam on an business class with Emirates. I have requested a wheelchair service far in advance, only to be told that HK emirates doesn't provide that service.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

My items from my bag were stolen even after I locked it. Locks were broken. Emirates have done nothing to fix the issue and haven't reimbursed me for stolen goods. Food on airplane is mediocre at best.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Comments 1: I was sitting in a non moving flight for 6 hours, and Emirates rescheduled our flight on 11.16.18 at 11.55 PM, hotel not provided immediately when flight rescheduled, connecting flight EK 528 in Dubai rescheduled after a day again. I had to cancel all my domestic flights in India. What is your guideline for refunding for amount if passengers are sitting for non moving flight for 6 hours and finally flight rescheduled on different day without any proper information. And at Boston no hotel provided immediately. Passengers stayed in airport with no food and no clothes. Very poor services at Airport and communicating with passengers.

I would like to file a complaint and need refunding guidelines from Emirates. Our flight was rescheduled after a day without any information. IF PASSENGERS ARE SITTING IN NON MOVING FLIGHT FOR 6 HOURS WHAT ARE YOUR REFUNDING GUIDELINES - SEND ME REPLY TO - This was the complaint I filed on 12.11.18, no one contacted or responded to me.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Emirates Agent booked my flight by phone for December 3rd, 2018. The flight was changed to the 4th with NO NOTIFICATION. We showed up at the airport to find it was moved to the 4th. Customer Service on the 4th said that since the tickets were for the 3rd they would NOT ACCEPT THEM. Had to buy new tickets. Next leg my name had been misspelled on the ticket so they would not change it. Had to buy another ticket. Emirates own Conditions of Flight in both cases said they would honor the moved flight and be able to do a name change. Trying to deal with Customer Service afterward is; GO TO THE LINK and file a complaint. All communication is through the LINK, Period. Emirates unofficial policy is 30 working days to solve your complaint. $1,706.78 plus hotels & taxis to able to leave because they don't follow their own policies. YOU CANNOT TALK TO A LIVE PERSON PERIOD THAT CAN HELP.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I traveled in Emirates airlines from Nepal to JFK. During my flight, customer service was not good, staffs are not polite at all. After I arrived JFK, I saw that 1 of my baggage was broken and another baggage was lost. I filed complaint for broken baggage and lost bag. After few days they brought my lost baggage with all locks broken and missing items from inside. I tried to call them and communicate with them regarding my loss, but they don't reply back. I tried to call them several times but they just hang the phone. Very irresponsible airlines. I will never travel in this airline in my life again even if this is the only airline, I rather walk. I wish I can give negative star to this airline. This airline must be shut down.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emirates Airlines?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I was flying to Sydney and I had a very bad experience in an Emirates flight where one Indian crew was in service and she was very bad in it without any proper dressing, very badly make up and her face is full of bad patches with pimples and over this she doesn't speak in good manners, if it goes like this I believe Emirates will lose their standards.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

On the 12 Dec I was supposed to fly from Kuala Lumpur to Abidjan. During online checking I have received a special offer to upgrade my trip to business class at around 1300$ total trip. I accepted and paid for the upgrade. I live in Medan Indonesia so I have to take a flight from Indonesia to fly Emirates from 'kl'. I unfortunately missed that flight and was not able to get any other flight that day. I'm an expat and I do not have visa to enter Malaysia otherwise I would take another carrier like Air Asia and then go to Emirates terminal. I've asked my sister to try to ask Emirates office in Abidjan to reschedule my flight as I can't get any flight. She was told that there was no any available seats and they will contact her if any. On the 13 December, they rescheduled my flight for 15 December, but I got downgraded.

According to them, this was a special offer and missing this flight is like losing the ticket. Which I don't understand upgrading a flight is an upgrade so whatever happen it still my ticket and my flight as long as I pay the penalty. So I won't be refunded nor getting my upgrade. The funny thing is that my booking and my ticket still the same. Being a frequent flyer I think it's a very unfair to have me spend 1300$ for nothing.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I purchased a ticket to fly from Budapest to Hyderabad. Aside from them only giving you 20 kgs of weight for your entire checked luggage (Even if you have 2 bags the total weight can only be 20 kgs and do not give you the option to pay for an extra bag like other airlines) they charge you 25 euros per extra kilogram of weight.

Moreover they let me leave from Budapest with my carry-on and laptop bag but when I arrived in Dubai to change flights that had a scale (yes a scale) at the gate when I was entering my second plane they made me weigh my carry-on and laptop bag together and then charged me 100 euros more... Doing that midway through my travel is manipulative and the essence of pure greed. Obviously I was not going to throw my laptop out as it is a work laptop and even it wasn't that'd be stupid. I travel for my job and have been to 29 countries and flown with various airline companies and understand the purpose of business is to make a profit but this is literally the worst airline I have flown in regards to how they scam and cheat customers for ridiculous amounts of more money. If you can avoid them, avoid them. There are better options.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

My wife who is disabled and wheelchair bound (able to walk from door to seat) clearly stated on the telephone when reserving the seats that she would need additional legroom as she struggles to get up from seats if she doesn't have sufficient room in front of her. She was informed that extra legroom seats could not be booked for disabled passengers and that the seats issued would be sufficient for disabled use. Unfortunately, the seats were not sufficient for my wife. My wife paid extra to ensure myself and our son could sit next to her. She needs us nearby to help to and from the toilet.

We were issued seats in row 25. As soon as we saw the seats we knew it would be an issue. My wife sat in the aisle seat but immediately knew she could not get up out of it. My son and I had to help her up, which even with the armrest down was a struggle and took a few attempts. My wife became frustrated and physically upset. I think this was a combination of embarrassment and disappointment for me because she had arranged our break as a surprise celebration of my 50th birthday. However, cabin crew were very helpful and because the flight was not full, they were able to move other passengers so that we could sit in the area directly behind the toilets.

It is the first time we have flown with Emirates. If it hadn't been for the excellent flight crew the whole experience would have been far worse. I wanted to try and guarantee we avoided the same experience on the return flight. I contacting Emirates in Dubai. This turned out to be a very frustrating experience. I was informed that the seats that we wanted could not be used by disabled passengers because they were adjacent to the emergency exits. I can understand this logic to a degree, but my wife’s and probably many other disabled passengers’ conditions wouldn’t necessarily cause an obstruction, they just may not be able to exit the seat as quickly as a normal person. However there are appropriate seats in row 17, BUT these are reserved for passengers with infants too!!!

When trying to ensure we didn't go through the same nightmare on our return flight we had absolutely no help or sympathy with our situation from Emirates Customer Services. The only way I could guarantee an appropriate seat on the return flight was to pay £1,400 to upgrade. DO NOT FLY WITH EMIRATES IF YOU ARE DISABLED.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

A trip turned nightmare. I had the most horrifying experience flying with Emirates. I flew Emirates with my 2 years old son from New Zealand via Australia- Dubai- Lagos in July and September 2018. My child car seat got missing on arrival to my destination and up till now, the missing car seat issue has not been resolved despite all my effort by calling and writing several emails. That aside, our flight back from Lagos Flight no EK 0784 was a nightmare, the untrained ground staffs were very unprofessional with the way they were handling passengers in Lagos. Passengers were spoken to rudely, shoved rudely when checking in.

I and my 2 years old son were denied boarding at the boarding gate after check in simply because I was asked to reduce an excess of 1 kg hand luggage (My son's food) which I complied to and in the process of disposing items from my hand luggage to fit in his food into my hand luggage, the gate was shut and we were not allow to board! I could not believe it! Who would treat a woman with a child that way? Flying to New Zealand from Nigeria with a 2 years old son and denied boarding at the boarding gate. A 2 days flight for that matter! I was devastated, I had no money, nowhere to go to for the night and the most annoying thing was that the airline staff ignored us with no apology or explanation. We were ignored. We were 2 women with children that were denied boarding! My son was crying, hungry cold and caught a fever from the horrid experience. An airline that has no regards for women and children.

I thought I was dealing with professionals but as far as I am concern, Emirates staffs were the worst I have ever encountered. We paid a huge sum of about $3000 to get another flight the next day! I complained to their customer service and got the usual rhetoric response from them and their usual policy. I was denied boarding and my baby car seat went missing all on one trip. What a nightmare. My experience is the worst ever and Never again would I fly Emirates even if it is the only airline available. I will keep off people that do not know how to treat humans.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

My father was unwell after an Emirates flight, and was admitted to hospital upon arriving to Sydney. I received a phone call from the airport, advising, "Your father is unwell and needs to go to the hospital." After a short conversation I asked the person where is his baggage??? They said, "Dont worry about the bags. We will organize a deliver by Donata once your father comes out of the hospital." Well I have been on the phone with Donata since Sunday 18/11/18 and every time I ring Donata, they were saying, "We are waiting for confirmation from Emirates for delivery." After several phone calls to Donata I pressured them to contact Emirates and find out what's happening, after a long wait Donata said there is no further update from Emirates as there is still no confirmation.

I asked them to transfer me to Emirates. I Spoke to Emirates Customer service who said to me "No. Sorry. We can not deliver your dad's bags." I said, "But Donata is telling me that they are waiting a confirmation from Emirates for a delivery!!!" Then I got so mad and angry as now is 20/11/18 and no baggage for my sick father. He is old and still unwell to go and pick the bags from the airport. Emirates and Donata has lied to me with every phone call I made. Emirates has no sympathy about sick people and told us to pick my sick father bags ourselves. Emirates needs to change their policy and procedure regarding sick people baggage delivery. This is not acceptable, also Donata and Emirates to follow one procedure and not lie to customers. I won't use Emirates again.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

My first experience of Emirates Customer Service was in 2014. My flight was late in from London and I missed my connecting to Trivandrum. After being sent all around Dubai Airport from desk to desk where no-one was interested to help me I was told that I could fly on the same flight the next day. As this was a 24 hour wait I requested a hotel room but Emirates refused saying all hotel rooms were full in Dubai. Yet I managed to find a room for myself and paid. Emirates refused to refund the room cost. I did plan not to use Emirates again but do love the flight experience and so continued to do so.

I have recently used my free return to London as my chosen date was not available when booking. The only way to do this is via calling an office. I called the local office in Trivandrum and the assistant spoke very poor English. She quoted me an increase in INR of what I thought was in the region of £90 but when it came through on my statement it was about £1000. As I usually pay a small amount extra when using my free change, and the assistant spoke English so poorly I was not aware of this exorbitant price increase. In my view the assistant should have explained that it was a very high increase and explored other ways of returning home.

IE would it be cheaper to pay for a flight change. Customer Service has been totally non-responsive on this matter. I’m ready to book my next 2 return flights and will do so with another airline. Many of my friends stopped using Emirates some time ago due to similar experiences. There are many alternative airlines for this route and unsurprisingly Emirates is no longer rated the best.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

My wife and kid had a flight from Mumbai to Toronto in Sept 2018 and despite the FRAGILE sticker the TV was handled in a preposterous manner. I have been flying this airline for years now but am never going to book this one and just purge my Skywards. We paid additional baggage allowance for the TV and it was destroyed in transit. Even the staff at the check in was quite rude. I was told.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Recently I tried to use my Sky rewards before they expired, with no luck! I tried to do a flight upgrade- but there were none. Tried to book a flight and was told there were no tickets. Even went onto the high street, alas most products were out of stock. The product that were available needed an additional payment fee for delivery and tax. As a last resort I tried to use my rewards to book a sports event, and none of them seemed available.

After not being able to use my rewards and wanting to keep them to use later, I was informed that the cost to keep the miles is $20 per 1000 rewards. Inevitable this would actually cost more than the actual value miles that I had. As a Gold Sky reward members I feel that the least Emirates could have done, since none of the other options were available to me, is to let me keep the rewards to use in the future without having to pay an exorbitant fee. I see no loyalty given to us loyal members who prefer Emirates as our chosen airline.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

We booked flights with Emirates and 4 months later they changed the schedule. As we were coming off a cruise, this made it impossible to meet the flight, so we cancelled the flight on 9 August, 2018. As of today, we still have not received a refund for our fares which have to be paid when you book. Have called Emirates, but received no sympathy there and no date or time as to when we would get our refund. What a disgrace! They should refund as quick as they take the money!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Our flight landed in Dubai from Heathrow at 9.30 am (30 minutes later than expected time of arrival). Our connecting flight from Dubai to Delhi was at 10 am but we were not allowed on the flight and it left without us. When I asked the staff member at customer service why they left without us, the answer she gave was "it's not your job to know that." When I asked another staff member if I could speak to a senior member of staff, I was ignored and left unattended at the desk for over 20 minutes. Nobody ever came back to attend to me. I was eventually put another flight, but after 12 hours and this messed up my whole trip, all my plans and tours. Very unreliable airline. Extremely rude, unprofessional and unhelpful staff members. My return flight is prebooked with them but after that I would never fly Emirates again!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Emirates has become so much nonsense that this will be our last time booking through it. From Dec 2017 - Dec2018, I have booked 6 tickets on Emirates flight flying via Boston. Every time we had trouble travelling. Specially with kids this airlines tortured us to the core. 1st Incident: Jan 7th 2018 - The flight got delayed for 8 hours which was supposed to start at 4pm started at 12am. In peak winter sitting in airport for 8 hours you guys will never understand!!! 2nd incident: Apr 25th 2018: Missed the connection flight to Detroit as time between flights is 2 1/2 hours which is pretty good for most airports but for Boston it’s less. In such cases Emirates who have teamed up with JetBlue have to figure this out and change the connection flight times or delay connection flight too.

3rd incident: Oct 17th 2018: There was an operational issue and flight that was supposed to start at 11.10pm but started next day Oct18th at 5.00pm. With a small kid, we were not provided any accommodation also and the lounge area was awkward. Passengers were ill-treated for which everyone needs to file a case against Emirates. Even to start at 5pm there was so much chaos and confusion for which we were not sure if we will board the flight at least today. 4th incident: I’M WAITING. Planned to depart on Nov 29th 2018. You guys created so much mess every time I trusted and traveled with you. So much pain with kids and the entire journey is tiresome. I will strongly recommend all my friends to avoid Emirates from now on and switch to Qatar, Air India or better Etihad.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I am the member of Emirates Airlines only recently, but I was travelling in Emirates since not less than 10 years. I would like to share a heart-breaking experience which I recently had with your staff at the airport in Dubai. As being such an experienced passenger with Emirates I ended up hearing many awkward words with ground staff at Dubai airport.

I was traveling from UK (Gatwick) to Hyderabad (India). I am a legal resident of UK. I was given my boarding passes in UK and checked in until my final destination in India. This travel started in UK on 28/09/2018. I was travelling in EK016 (from Gatwick to Dubai) and then EK526 (From Dubai to Hyderabad). When I checked in UK my checked in luggage was 18 Kilos and handbag was 8 Kilos. As my checked in luggage was well below my allowance. Then I asked the lady whether I can put my cabin luggage also into it so that I can plan to buy some goods in Duty free shops. She said it should be alright, I can carry however as my weight is well below my allowance, and, she reassured me that it should not be a big issue even if I buy in duty free shops. All went well until I landed in Dubai International airport where I am supposed to be only as a transit, and I am checked in until Hyderabad already.

In Dubai, when I went to the gate B3 (Terminal 3), on early morning of 29/09/2018, already they were started checking the weight at the gate which I never seen before in Dubai or any other international airports. Well there were 2 people whom I faced is Mr. ** and Mr. **, who says he is the supervisor. He started telling me that I have overweight of 15 kilos which need to pay for excess luggage allowance. If any such things are there it all should be told to the customers well in advance and informed transparently rather than stopping in the middle of the path causing trouble to travelers in transit and grab money. But I showed him the tags which I got from UK and I was trying to tell him all this from UK where I said it is Ok if my weight is below the allowance.

They are not ready to see them at all. They were telling what ever happened in UK and checked in luggage they are not interested to listen and bothered. They also mention it is immaterial for them how long I was travelling with Emirates and how much international travel experience I have and say that it is the way the airlines operate, and it is business for them. They were even weighing the laptop bags as well, which I have never encountered in any airlines and in any international airports even in 3rd world countries.

They were very rude, with untidy uniforms, well uneducated behavior very aggressive and threatening the people at the Dubai Airport that they want to call the Dubai Police and hand over us to them if we don’t pay the bills. I told that I have not done any illegal things there and if they want to inform to the police then can do that. I was trying to ask their names and Id numbers, they say they are not supposed to give such information. All that information is confidential it seems, I never knew the identification of an employee is confidential matter. And they will tell such information only if police ask to present. They have gathered few passengers randomly and causing them problems. Whom so ever they want to leave they were doing without any proper rational and partial with people.

They were keeping us there until the last minute of gate closing and telling us that if you don’t pay this amount you will lose this flight and you will end up paying for the next flight for the ticket price and luggage again. So, they were kind of creating ticking the bomb situation and asking for money which was very much annoying and painful. They made my journey very stressful and sleepless night because of their behavior.

So finally, by paying the money at least I can reach home and later I can investigate the matter. I ended up paying 251 GBP. Almost a new ticket purchase. After paying the amount he was sending my luggage to check inside and I was not taking to the cabin. Then I again mentioned him that if my check in luggage is only 18 kilos and how come this can be excess luggage with no cabin luggage at all. Then he was literally pushing me towards the gate and says that, "Don’t argue here and don’t waste our time. Just go and catch your flight and you can complaint whom so ever you want after reaching your home". After all I paid money to travel in airlines not to cause any stress and disrespect from such unprofessional fellows. I need to travel after 15 days again in Emirates and I am really worried about this kind of behavior and business strategies of Emirates puts me at very stressful state.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I used to think they are a good airline but that all changed after my experience in Istanbul Turkey. Emirates staff in Istanbul were very arrogant. They assaulted me, lost my luggage and cancelled my ticket. The staff did not speak good English and all they could do is shout. Expect better from reputable airline like Emirates. They need to learn to speak to customers with respect and also respect women. I had the worst experience ever and will never use them again.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I found the customer service of the flight crew to be unacceptable. I desperately needed water. I pushed the call button to request help a total of six times; nobody responded. I then got up and walked to the kitchen area located in the middle of the plane to ask for water but there wasn't any available. The flight attendant then asked me to walk all the way to the back of the plane (I was seated in row 20) to see if they had water there, instead of offering to go check for me. When I asked, they gave me a very small cup that they didn't even fill to the top. When I asked for more, the attendant responded with a nasty attitude, no smile and didn't say a basic "you're welcome" after I said thank you. I wanted more water, but didn't have the patience or tolerance to ask.

I noticed on the screens it clearly reminds passengers to drink plenty of water during the flight; not to get dehydrated. Obviously Emirates recognizes how important this is for the safety and health of their passengers, but it seems the staff are not willing to assist. I could see if I requested assistance during a busy period of the flight, perhaps while meals were being served. But this happened during a very slow period, when the aisles were clear and most were sleep. I am very dissatisfied with the lack of friendliness and customer service provided on my 9 hour flight.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I booked a flight for the family to go back to visit the family in the UK, a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, there was a bereavement in the family 4 weeks before the original booking date. Managed to change my original flight to the new dates but got stung for over $1100 for the change. It was in the same period, I could have bought new flights at the original fare paid. This airline does not look after its customers, they just took the opportunity to rip me off. I have raised this with customer service and just got fobbed off. I don’t want other customers to be ripped off by this airline. What is worse, I had to chase them on several occasions to get a reply, to get this sorted. I think they are hoping that I would just go away. Travel with other great airlines, that won’t rip you off, when you need help the most.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I had a terrible experience with EK 201 boarded on 10-Aug-2018 from Dubai to New York. I injured my right foot toe at Hyderabad airport and had to change flight at Dubai with ripped toe nail. Just before boarding the next flight to New York my seat was changed. I was on 81G >> 74X and then I was moved to 65B. I requested the ground staff to move me to a convenient seat citing that I have an injured foot and also I am a single female so better give me an aisle seat. But they care the least. This seat was a middle seat between two males of huge built. My foot was injured and in pain and I can't move between two males and had to bear male-spread. I reached out to cabin crew but they were so rude. They said, "We can't do anything as flight is full, you should have talked to ground staff or you can get off the flight." I was in pain and no-one cared. It was the most dreadful flight experience.

The air-hostess were so rude too. I was in pain, seated in a middle seat but they would not come even if you press assistance call switch on your seat. When I went to pantry to get tea, they refused to give it saying they are going to start service in 20 min and I can have it then. I have traveled on Emirates before but this was the worst in-flight experience I had. I have heard about great service to business passengers in Emirates from my husband. Just because we can't afford business class, air-hostess treat us like cattles in economy. I wish this feedback reaches someone in Emirates and they know how badly was I treated in flight.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

My son (19 years old), daughter and I boarded Emirates flight from Dubai to Zurich. The flight attendant was standing near our seats. We were chatting about upgrading to business class and how expensive the fares were, etc. Then I asked her for lemonade/ginger ale and mentioned that my son is nauseated and threw up in our previous flight. (Note that he is prone to air-sickness and vomits sometimes or just feels nauseated. He flies a lot anyways.) She went to the front of the aircraft. Another flight attendant came with pen/paper asking me about what my son ate, what pill I gave him, etc, and I provided the facts. I was then informed that we couldn't fly and that the captain had made that decision after talking to MedLink. I asked to talk to the captain and was refused.

I kept telling the flight crew that this was pure air sickness and nothing else was wrong with him. He didn't sleep in the previous flight (4 AM flight from Chennai, and we left to the airport at 1 AM from home) and the nausea/vomiting made him tired. I also told that I just gave him the OTC pill, and lemonade or a cup of water would be fine. No one listened to anything I said. We left the aircraft. A stretcher was waiting right outside of the aircraft! Staff who brought that were laughing and mentioned to us that we shouldn't be asking for water also before take-off. Of course my son didn't need the stretcher and walked to the clinic! The Dr provided the "fit-to-travel" certificate without any hesitation and said that the pill I gave my son was good enough.

Emirates PR staff at the clinic apologized to us for the inconvenience caused by in-flight crew. People do get motion sickness, and take medications while traveling. Feeling nauseated is not a reason to be kicked out of a plane. We had made travel plans in Zurich and this disruption caused severe anxiety, (unnecessary) and stress to all three of us. It could have been avoided simply by giving a cup of water/lemonade/ginger ale. And the drama continued...Emirates made us pay $240 USD for the next flight for "no show"! We showed up, boarded and then kicked out of the flight!!! After all the chaos caused by Emirates, I did not have the energy to fight and just wanted to reach my destination. We will never fly Emirates ever again.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Alix cabin crew DXB to MAN EK019. My wife was asked twice to remove our child from the floor but as she explained to the cabin crew on each occasion the food trays were out and obstructing her from removing the child safely from the floor. On each occasion she asked the cabin crew involved to please remove the trays so she could remove the child from the floor. The Cabin crew involved refused stating that the tray removal service has not started.

Eventually my wife managed to remove all the trays and went to hand them into Alix who refused to take them and told my wife to put the on the floor. Later when Alix came around she asked my 6 old child abruptly to hand her the trays from the floor. This was not acceptable. I have details of independent passengers who witnessed this appalling behaviour by Alix if you would like me to pass their details on I would be happy to. I could forward this email address on with reference numbers to reply to the incident directly. These passengers advised us to put in a formal complaint to Emirates. My issue is the horrible attitude of Alix and her general behaviour towards me personally was unacceptable, I was sat in the seat behind my wife and never once intervened between my wife and Alix conversations.

I am sure Alix has had Complaints made against her judging by my experience there was no need for here to be rude to me throughout the complete flight. Her manager (Emily **) was covering for her by passing on the wrong name details on every occasion spelling me out "Alice" more than 3 times, I had to find another cabin crew member on the other side of the plane to get the correct name "ALIX". Alix removed her name badge proving she was aware of her behaviour towards us being detrimental.

My wife is more concerned about my child's safety than the cabin crew. This whole charade escalated when the cabin crew (Alix) refused to remove 3 trays to give some access to my wife in order to remove the child. This issue is of the utmost importance to me, I would like disciplinary action against Alix and her manager Emily ** for lying to me on 3 separate occasion despite me giving her a chance to be honest and when I asked why Alix's name badge has been removed she told me "Go find her and ask her yourself!" But Alix kept avoiding me for the last 1 of the flight. I never saw her again.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

My son and I flew Emirates in December 2017 from New York to Johannesburg. He had a short internship at a private conservation reserve photographing all the researchers working there as well as other assignments. In New York, we were stopped by Emirates' agent, who called over the manager. He was very understanding, recognizing that overall our luggage was underweight but we had delicate gear that could not go in the hold. When you are a professional photographer, you may have all the logistical support for moving gear around, but it's harder when you are a semi-professional like my teenage son. On the way home, at the Johannesburg airport, the agent stopped us again and we had the opposite experience.

The manager accused us of lying when we said it was in our record that we had this gear and that it was the airline that had let us come this far. We were told it was "not policy" -- even though exceptions are made every day. We were told it was "not safe" -- in which case, why were we allowed to fly with it in the first place, and how come we've never had an issue on any other international flight or flight in the US? Then we were told we could put it in the hold and sign a liability form. It would have been simpler just to throw it into the street.

Not only were we not allowed on the flight, Emirates refused to give us even a partial refund. They stranded us half a world away from our family on Christmas. I had to buy a same-day ticket at enormous expense to get home, and that airline (Delta) had no issue with us putting his gear in carry-on. And of course it caused no issues. Emirates showed not the SLIGHTEST care about us or our experience. I will never fly this airline again.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Do not fly with this airline. In advance, I asked Emirates if I could take two small sealed batteries in my hand luggage. They said I could. I made sure they were properly wrapped, labeled, terminals protected and documented. The batteries were small, not lithium, and they were stamped by the manufacturer as IATA Approved and suitable for air travel. I followed all the rules 100%. At London Heathrow I once again asked the check-in agent if it was OK to take them in my hand luggage. I explained and she said, "No problem." But once I got to Dubai I had to connect to my second Emirates flight. It was at that point when an Emirates supervisor said I could not take them and they had to be discarded. I tried to explain but the supervisor would not listen. The other Emirates staff said they were acceptable and that the supervisor was wrong to say no.

But there was nothing they could do and nothing I could do. They had to be discarded. Upon return to the UK I filed a written complaint to Emirates. They just keep coming back with lies and excuses trying to pass the blame onto others and not themselves. They have treated my issue pretty poorly. I was a business class passenger with two others and our seats cost just over £12k. But they couldn't care less. So I will now file a claim in the UK small claims court and drag them through the litigation system to get the cost of the new replacement batteries I have had to buy. Maybe some compensation too due to the loss of use of scuba equipment that they were meant to be powering on the 10 night trip to the Maldives. I do not recommend this airline to anyone and I would never, never use them again.

Original review: July 24, 2018

My flight EK407, I ordered a Vegan meal, dairy was served, my luggage didn't arrive till midnight the following day, my return flight EK408. I booked business class both flights and on the return flight the staff allowed 2 children in business class from economy, they blocked me in and leaned on my consul till I complained. The parents were happy to sit in the bar area while their children sat in their seats, not only it was annoying, it was also a safety issue. After another complaint the father and 1 daughter were sent down to economy, after an hour and a half of disturbing me. I paid a lot for my flight and was disappointed.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I have a complaint against the Emirates. Referring to the above, I would like to file a complaint against Emirates Airlines. The flight line Kuwait - Dubai - New York - Kuwait - Dubai flight number EK 860 dated 11/6/2018. The plane was delayed to connect to Dubai Airport 10 minutes to get to the gate and when we get off the plane we were delayed 25 minutes, because we were in the last seats in the plane and the passengers were packed with luggage. A flight from Dubai to New York flight number EK 203 on 12/06/2018, when we arrived at the gate of the plane at 2:30 am one of your workers told us that our bags were taken down Off the plane will be on the next flight. After several minutes said That we can not board the plane for the flight mentioned and we have to make a new booking for the next trip to New York - I assure you that the bags did not reach the plane at all.

I went to work for the next trip and I was on the waiting list on the next flight. At 7 am We decided to go to Dubai and take. I went to the baggage office to ask how I could take one or more bags but they told me I had to go to the ticket office to get a license or authorization to take the bags. The ticket office told me I had to pay 3000 US dollars to take the bags. The American woman in the airport lounge at Dubai airport to talk to him about the problem but he is not respectful and speaks harshly and despises people rude and did not appreciate the children and the family did not help anything.

The chaos that I saw at Dubai airport by Emirates Airline is mismanagement and not one of the staff The sections that I have spoken to have a solution or guide you to the right way. Each hand aimed at the other chaos and farce. I go up and down from role to role with personal bags and children back. I landed in Dubai at 9 am. I took a hotel and I called the customer service and they told me I did not go to the departure gate for trip d New York No Show.

Please check the cameras at the gate and the problem of your employees that they are not respectable with the passengers and have no credibility to solve the problem of bags and at 8 pm They canceled my reservation and give my bags against me, causing me losses of bookings and did not make a reservation for me to return to Kuwait. Note that I booked selected chairs for the flight from Dubai to New York and from Florida to Dubai. I paid KD 214. You have suffered bad treatment and insult by Emirates Airlines as a criminal or imprisoned person. There is no credibility No honor in dealing with passengers, whether adults or children.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I had an extremely rude condescending person representing Emirates airlines at the check in counter in Dubai airport who held me hostage in Dubai and won't let me board the connecting flight asking me to pay $200 and when I refused threatened to jail me and my 7 year old. Finally I paid the money even though it was a connecting flight from FLL to HYD. They let you board on FLL and will hold you hostage in Dubai.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I am a US/Saudi citizen of Saudi Arabia living in the US. I was traveling with my husband and my 6 year old child to see my family in Jeddah. My trip was supposed to take us from Orlando, FL to Jeddah via Dubai. I filled out my reservation online. When it asked me which passport I will be traveling with, I chose the Saudi Passport because I don't need an exit/entry visa to that country. We arrived to the airport three hours prior to the flight. The lady at the check in booth told us we cannot travel through these airlines because I am Saudi and this trip is strictly for non-citizens of Saudi Arabia. It was a trip for Hajj and Omrah only.

Nothing during our reservation did it state that we cannot travel through this trip/airline. When we asked for compensation, they said that I didn't pay for insurance. I told them that I arrived on time and that I will accept any change to the trip that I can go on. But they said that all of the Emirate flights are reserved for non-Saudis until after Hajj season which is two months. They also said it was my fault for not knowing that I couldn't board and that it is stated on the itinerary. However, the itinerary doesn't state anything about that point of view. Furthermore, my husband and daughter are non-citizens to Saudi Arabia, they are US/Yemen citizen they also cannot board the plane because they are considered as residents of Saudi Arabia so they weren't able to travel as well. Now we didn't travel and all our trip money was taken by them and they will not return it.

Emirates Company Information