Emirates
3.70/5

Looking for a travel site?

Emirates

Looking for a travel site?

Emirates Reviews

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Best airline I've ever flown on. I flew from Madrid to Shanghai on 26 July and had a return flight from Kuala Lumpur to London on 19 August. I flew in business there and economy return. All staff are very friendly and helpful. It made flying a very enjoyable experience!

Original review: June 16, 2019

On 17/5/2019 we flew from Perth to Canada via Dubai. While checking in Perth only we realised the visa requirement to Canada, just before boarding only applied ETA visa. As we didn't get email confirmation of the ETA while transiting in Dubai we approached the ground Emirates staff in Dubai. Hearing our situation Mohammad ** and Mohammad ** assisted us by contacting the Canadian immigration and sorted out the visa. They both have really taken the extra mile to help us though it is not their job to deal with the visa requirements. If for not their help we would have missed the flight to Canada. We are ever thankful for their great Customer Service.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

My flights with Emirates have been many classes above all other airlines. It always felt like royalty and the comfort on board is really worth paying extra for. The meals were fit for the best restaurants and the Emirates lounge in Dubai is the best lounge I have visited.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Great Airline to fly with using Airbus A 380. So quiet and comfortable. Makes you feel refreshed. Using the Business class they make you feel really welcome. Unfortunately they no longer have got Trans Tasman Service anymore and you have to use the other Cattle Class planes.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

This is my first time flying Emirates and after the disastrous flight that I had this will be the last time that I ever fly Emirates. This has been my worst flying experience ever!! So many things went wrong that I can’t even fathom where to begin but I’ll start from the beginning. I received an email to check into my flight from Newark to Athens, which I did (HOURS before my flight) check in and also took a screenshot confirming that my check in was complete which also followed up with enjoy my flight. Due to a glitch in THEIR system, the app failed to provide me with a digital boarding pass but still confirmed that I was checked in. I figured that I would print my boarding pass when I got to the airport so I didn’t worry too much about it.

Upon reaching the airport (in ample time by the way) I go up to the clerk to print my boarding pass (due to me not seeing a KIOSKS onsite) and she tells me that I am not checked in. I show her the confirmation in my phone from their app confirming that I am indeed checked in and for whatever reason she cannot seem to find me in their system. So I ask her where's the kiosk so that I can quickly check myself and come to find out, Newark airport has no Emirates kiosk (AT ALL). How preposterous is that? How do you expect your customers to print their boarding passes if there is no Emirates kiosk? And the lines are flooded with passengers?

I tried my hardest to inform the Emirates representative at the desk that I was indeed checked in but she informs me that because she doesn’t see me in their system I cannot board the plane. So I pleaded with the woman to tell me what I needed to do to get checked in and she told me that the only way to check in is to do it through their app. THEIR GLITCHY, INCOMPETENT and USELESS app that told me that I was checked in but could not produce my boarding pass. I do not understand how you have such a system and fail to make sure that it works accurately and responsibly for your customers.

I asked if I could speak to a manager or call Emirates, and the rep tells me that there is no time because the plane is about to take off. So even though I arrived in time for my flight because I wasted so much time with the representative trying to check in and get my boarding pass, I was now late for my flight, and therefore I was unable to board. I call Emirates and to my surprise because this issue could have been avoided with proper training skills from the representative, I was informed that I would have to purchase WHOLE NEW TICKETS or just pay a no show fee which is $400 per person plus additional fees. Which came out to $850 per person. Which actually added up to just purchasing new tickets.

The thing is I not only had more than one hotel booked but I also had a connecting flight that I would also inevitably miss a well as other arrangements so I lost time, money, and had to spend more money to purchase two new plane tickets, also two more plane tickets when I reached Athens to finish my travel. At this point I'm completely shocked infuriated and disgusted because I do not live by Newark airport, I live 1hr and 20 mins away, so not only did I miss my flights including a whole nights stay at some of my hotels, and my flight from Athens, I was now stranded at this airport. For a long time I was under the impression that this was one of the best airlines especially with the way they advertise and the prices of their plane tickets, I assumed that this was a luxury airline but I was devastatingly wrong!

Oh wait, it doesn't stop there! So we ended up leaving the next night and that was a complete mess. The flight was delayed due to some nonsense they claimed over the PA. The flight attendants were rude, unhelpful and just overall unfriendly. When you asked for something they either forgot or made you wait on it for a very long time, they had the nastiest attitudes and did not make me feel welcome at all, especially me being a first time flyer with Emirates. I finally reached Athens and was so happy because everything about this experience was down right awful. However, I was faced with more turmoil because of our delayed first flight we had to rush to catch the Mykonos flight and I as I mentioned earlier I had to pay for another flight from Sky Express since I missed the one from the day before (none of which is at the fault of Sky Express it was all Emirates fault).

Sky Express also shared my feelings and expressed their concerns and felt it was Emirates who should handle the expenses. Not only that my hotel felt the same way being that we were not there for one night due to us not leaving the US on our originally scheduled flight. I lost so much money for a trip that was suppose to be a great life time experience all because of Emirates. I will definitely spread the word on my horrible experience with this airline.. NEVER AGAIN. Emirates is one of the WORST airline to fly. They are rude, incompetent, their systems is pathetic and their reps are not helpful whatsoever. Never in my life will I use this airline and I deserve every dime of money that I loss!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emirates Airlines?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Having flown many times in the past with Emirates I have always held them high in terms of their service both on board and off. This time though sadly, there was neglect and a "dont care" attitude with staff both on the flight and with airport staff at DXB. I asked the air hostess at the beginning of the flight for an extra blanket and she said they didnt have one but a few minutes later I asked a Flight purser and he gave me one. I found that the fruit in the platter gave me an upset stomach and a migraine and so asked for a different meal and was refused saying they did not have extra and ended up having a full blown migraine from the fruit through out my journey. The washrooms get dirty very quickly and when I advised the purser who was standing in the gully he just nodded his head and carried on with his conversation with his colleague. The service has deteriorated and needs to be spruced.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I'd been using Emirates for a while, However my last Experience made me change my mind from using Emirates again. (I used to be their gold Skywards member). Their customer service has gone terrible from one of the best. First they sell you upgrades and then if the flight gets delayed because of their fault they start blame game rather being professionals and try sorting out situations. Emirates need to keep up. I have moved to a different airline, Just because of their bad service.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

My booking reference is **, I called 9/12/19 got a ticket confirmation for 24 hours. I called within the 24 hours, I gave reference number, I paid. Weeks later I am checking my flights on Emirates website. I do not see the Dehli-IXC portion. I called. To sum up my painful, stressful, annoying experience. The employee only booked me to Dehli. The company went through all the phone record, Admits they are wrong, but still wants me to pay $150 for the additional flight that they messed up. The most insensitive, rational people. I have the email confirmation, they admit but still refuses to correct the situation. Shameful.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I bought tickets for my parents in August 2019. They suppose to fly in October 2019. We just found out that my dad has to go through surgery since he has the last stage of cancer. We spoke to the doctor and he denied to allow my father to fly. So today I called Emirates to cancel and refund but Emirates denied to refund it back. It is ridiculous. How emirates don't understand the situation of my father? I have provide all the documents he needs to verify my dad's health. Can anybody help me to get a refund or any advice? Yes, we did not take insurance while booking the tickets.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I booked a ticket from USA to Uganda. It was a two way travel ticket. The ticket showed two pieces of bags permitted. To Uganda I was allowed two bags and had no issues. On my way back to the USA, at the airport, I was informed my return ticket permitted only 1 bag. This is contrary to Emirates baggage allowance. Emirates allows two bags on the website at 23Kgs a piece. Both my bags were 23kgs. To top it off, online charges for the alleged excess bag was $200. At Entebbe I was charged $205. Amounts were paid in dollars not UG shillings. Emirates employee told me the additional $5 was the exchange rate. How can one charge for the exchange rate if the amount actually paid is in dollars. Using a USA card.

This is not ok. Emirates owes its customers an explanation as to (1) why charge a second bag as excess baggage yet its permitted per your website and customers two way ticket. (2) Why the alleged excess baggage charges vary from what's on the website. (3) Why if amounts paid in $, one has to pay for the alleged "exchange rate". Entebbe Airport is where I was charges $205, which was actually paid in USA dollars. I will never book Emirates again. How can one ticket booked as a two way have 2 bags permitted one way and on return only 1 bag permitted? Yet ticket shows 2 bags permitted. Bye Bye Emirates.

Emirates Company Information