3.51/5

563 Emirates Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 23, 2019

Easy to say.... Very very long flight and I didn't get Hindu meal when I back to New Zealand. I asked crew for drink and takes long time. It's very disappointed. Never ever gonna book this flight anymore.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Passenger is not allowed to use your checked in luggage allowance 30Kg fully. You are forced in Dubai Gate to pay excess baggage fee. Even you are having less than 20kg (Checked in luggage) you will be forced to take as cabin luggage. If you are trying to ask about this with Emirates CC, they are not responsible and willing to close the complaint without giving solutions.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Emirates is overrated airlines that boast of great service. But right from check in to inflight cabin service, it is a disaster. We flew in EK211 to Dubai. Cabin crew is worst. They dont even respond to the call unless you wake up and ask for water. The customer service is a nightmare to deal with. If you end up changing the reservation, you end up paying a high change fee along with fare difference that adds to up to paying for their empty seats. This airline is going down and certainly will lose its value if they continue with their poor service.

Original review: April 8, 2019

They gave my seat to someone and they didn`t allow me to get in plane even I had my boarding pass. I had my boarding pass, I was on time in front of the gate but they said plane is full. They gave my seat to someone they know I think. I had to wait next day to flight. And all Emirates staff even they don`t care it since they just thief and liar. I hate their staff behave, totally no respect and they are rude. Even I was %100 right but they said sometimes happen. They never care their customer. All customer service and Emirates staff worst in the world and they just good at lie to customer.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I booked 3 business class tickets in November 2018 on the double miles promotion. Emirates online booking unable to cope. Went to Emirates accredited agents. Called Emirates from the agents office and obtained a reference number for the bookings. Emirates arrogantly and flatly deny that the bookings were done on the promotion. Have witnesses at the agency who heard my call made from their lines. Gold member for many years. Most disappointed. Will use other airlines in future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emirates Airlines?

Original review: March 30, 2019

Dear sir, madam,

On 24-03-2019 I had a flight scheduled from DEL - DXB at 09.50 AM (local) time.

My booking reference is **. (attached)

I was well on time at the airport. When entering New Delhi IGI airport I first looked on the information screens for departure times. With the same destination and departure time I saw a Flydubai flight listed. Not Emirates. I went to the check-in desk from Flydubai/Emirates to verify. I asked the staff why was the flight number changed to a “FZ” number to which I was told that it is the same flight: “Do not worry about the flight number”. This is what I was told literally.

They also told me that the flight was delayed from 09.50 AM until 11:30 AM. The (same) staff member at the check-in counter told me that Flydubai is same as Emirates - so I checked in there only, at the FlyDubai/Emirates check-in desk.

After immigration, I checked the monitors again. I saw the same departure time as my flight being delayed and on Gate 17 operated by Emirates. So as I was told that both are same airlines and my flight was delayed exactly by 11.30 am - I saw Gate 17 and wondered that it has changed. I went to the Emirates boarding gate and asked them what time will they start the boarding procedure. I handed over my boarding pass to Emirates local staff at Gate 17. They saw my boarding pass and then asked me to wait since the flight was delayed.

After 30 minutes around 10.30 AM, I went again to ask and they asked me to still wait a bit longer. In that waiting period I heard an announcement from the airport mentioning my name that I was delaying the flight and I had to come to gate number 7!!! I was shocked and I went back to the same lady at Gate 17 who asked me to wait all that time. Then she said: "Sorry Ma’am, you have a FlyDubai flight - That is Gate 7!"

Immediately I ran from Gate 17 to Gate 7 together with my brother-in-law (he did not travel, but accompanied me all along the way). My brother-in-law did not carry the luggage, but went and ran ahead fast in order to tell them that I am coming as I had a backpack with laptop to run with. He arrived at gate nr. 7 only a few minutes later. But the flight had left already even though my name was announced only once. Even if my name was Usain Bolt I would not have made it to the plane. And all this time I was asked to wait at Emirates Gate 17 by the Emirates staff at Gate 17 even after checking my boarding pass.

I have enquired immediately upon arrival at the airport and verified three times if am at the correct gate with the Emirates staff. Still I was taken to the wrong place. Why was I not informed that I am delaying the flight by FlyDubai earlier than the flight take off and gate closure? If that would have happened, I would not have missed the flight. Since I arrived only a few minutes later running from gate 17 to gate 7. Why did they in the announcement say that I was delaying the flight and how can it be that within 5 minutes the flight has departed? There was no fair chance of making it so why was my name announced anyhow?

And when I reached gate 7, which is the correct gate all this time, I learnt that the plane had already left. Nontheless the monitor still showed "Gate is closing". Why did they not bother to announce me earlier when they were missing a passenger? Or did they check the list of passengers after the departure of the plane? But why would you then announce a passenger's name if the plane has closed door and the concerned passenger cannot board anymore. It’s wrong either way!

Also during the check-in process at the FlyDubai/Emirates check-in desk I was not told that these are 2 different flights - and not the same flight! As mentioned before, I was given wrong information that it is one and the same thing and I should not worry about the flight number. I specifically asked about something odd and even then I am told something that brought me into trouble.

I have talked to the Emirates staff at the Delhi airport. Sadly enough, nobody was ready to help me reach Dubai. They said it was my mistake and I had to get out of the airport and get in again to buy a new ticket, from my own pocket. My husband (at home in AMS) called Emirates and explained the situation. He asked the Emirates person on the phone to get me onto the afternoon (16:15) or evening (21:25) flight, but he was told those flights are full, even on the next day there was no availability. He was advised to contact the travel agent where I booked my flight. My husband then asked the agent on duty to make note of the situation in the system, understanding this phone conversation led to nothing that can be considered as a solution to a difficult situation.

So when he called me to explain this, I had already understood from Emirates desk that there definitely is availability onto those flights but I have to pay it myself. We do not understand why my husband was told something that is not true, whereas Emirates support is there to support or not? I have never encountered a situation before with so much disinformation and with so little support to help me out in such distressing situation. Flydubai was not even ready to talk to us about helping and giving any solution and was not in any way trying to help us out at Gate 7. They were forcing me to pick up my luggage and go outside. I was given an “offloading of passengers“ form onto which I immediately wrote down my comments that I was misguided by the staff on duty!! (form attached). I had to sign this form in order to get back my own luggage.

I felt harassed by two airlines (Emirates and FlyDubai) who were more talking about what I should have done instead of how I was misguided and not fairly given a chance by waiting a few minutes after the announcement of my name the first time. Now I have made extra out of pocket cost to fly to Dubai today and I hope I can make my journey back home to my children on Wednesday in time. Since the first leg is ‘No show' (DEL - DXB), the second leg (DXB - AMS) is automatically cancelled! This will also cost me more money to reissue the ticket.

I consider it not more than fair and not more than appropriate that I will be reimbursed for all the extra costs I had to make (out of pocket) in order to - finally - reach Dubai airport. The hassle, frustration, stress and delay that I endured at the airport because of this (because of misinformation from Emirates staff), I will take for granted. Although a bunch of flowers in addition may help relieve the pain, of course.

Kind regards,

Mukta **

Emirates Skywards Lidmaatschapsnummer **

Original review: March 30, 2019

I worked in Dubai for 2 years and last month I thought to bring my family as well, so on my Emirates flight from Australia to Dubai I was travelling with my wife and 5 yr old daughter. That was the time when I had the worst experience of my life about which I still get nightmares. During this long journey I faced rude and racist staff who actually don't know how to do their jobs properly and this totally surprises me that how Emirates comes under one of the best airlines category!!!

After we landed at Dubai airport, me and my family was taken for a random security check where they separated me with my family and I was unable to understand the reason behind it. I clearly stated that I am ready to cooperate but I have the right to know what is it for and where have they taken my family but instead of answering they became rude and asked me to "Shut Up". I had a heated argument with one of the official & the other one took away my phone and snatched my passport that instant & vanished keeping me locked in a small room. At least 100 thoughts ran in my mind & I was helpless as my family was travelling to UAE for the first time & my daughter was scared the instant it all started.

After 1 hr one official came and said that my UAE visa has got expired which was totally false as I am working there from past 2 years & have work visa. Then he said that I am drunk and threatened me for an alcohol test to which I totally lost my mind and explained that I was offered wine on the flight and I just had 1 glass but he was not ready to listen & it felt like I am being framed for something bad. I didn't even know where they have kept my family & they kept me isolated for about 6-7 hours.

After 8 hours I was taken out of that stinky room and when I met my family I could see the fear in the eyes of my wife and my crying daughter as they were also been treated in the same way. Then in the 9th hour they handed over our phones and passport & asked us to return to Australia. On our way back I realised that despite people suggesting me not to take your family to Dubai I made a huge mistake by not listening to them.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Extremely dissatisfied with @emirates' bizarre behaviour. They lost my luggage with their employee negligence and not cooperating in terms of compensation of the true value of my contents rather randomly paying me one third. How fair is that? Basically they are saying "Take it or leave it, we don’t want to discuss this with you anymore."

Customer Affairs of Emirates is incapable of handling simple matter of lost baggage. They lost my luggage not me. How they decide what is the value of my contents? After 12 years we made a truly overseas and my family spent countless hours to select items of their choice and it is all gone due to their employee‘s rude behaviour simply because we asked him to put a tag in front of us; which is not too much to ask. He intentionally shoved the bag on the conveyor belt without tag. Now Customer Affairs is even worst in post handling of this situation. Staff in Toronto is willing to help as they understand my situation but they have no influence on staff in Dubai. If Emirates cannot entertain their client with fairness then they should not be in customer centric business.

Original review: March 19, 2019

My flights with Emirates have been many classes above all other airlines. It always felt like royalty and the comfort on board is really worth paying extra for. The meals were fit for the best restaurants and the Emirates lounge in Dubai is the best lounge I have visited.

Original review: March 17, 2019

From 1st March 19, Emirates have decided that when purchasing a business or indeed first class ticket using reward miles, that traveler will be treated very differently to a "paid" ticket holder, in that they will not be provided with chauffeur drive. Quite appalling that Emirates feel the need to save money by penalizing its most loyal customers! To add to the insult, Emirates will not even honor the service on tickets purchased BEFORE the rule change.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Hi Emirates Team, My mother (age 74) is patient of Parkinson's disease (A disorder of the central nervous system that affects movement, often including tremors), she traveled from Delhi - Dallas (Emirates 515 - Emirates 221) on March 11,2019. At the time of booking we have requested Wheelchair assistance for her because she can't walk more than 50 meters, but once she landed to Dubai, your ground staff forced her to take the bus and dropped her at ground floor of terminal 3. When we asked about Wheelchair your executive told us that if late night so we don't have enough staff, you have to manage by yourself. Although my mother is having a breathing issue but she managed to walk to terminal A17. I am not expecting such type of cruel behavior from you guys. Being a son I am very embarrassed to choose your airline for my mother's travel. You guys must act like human being.

Original review: March 11, 2019

After food not removing waste plates for more than half hour is poor, that is when most like to use washroom. I pick up my own plate due to I need to use washroom, every time after food. I also helped other lady with baby who was struggling with baby in hand and plates on try. I think staff could be more considerate about it. If you make call using button, no one in hurry to attend, who about if it is an emergency and you want someone to attend you now. I used first time Emirates and this will be my last time also. All the announcement are first in language no one understand even flight is from Chicago. Why can't it be in English first than other language. I just find that odd.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Great Airline to fly with using Airbus A 380. So quiet and comfortable. Makes you feel refreshed. Using the Business class they make you feel really welcome. Unfortunately they no longer have got Trans Tasman Service anymore and you have to use the other Cattle Class planes.

Original review: March 1, 2019

My mum have problem with back pain (operation of colon vertebral), she can't walk for long distance or take the steps, so I had booked wheelchair assistance for her flight from Geneva to Cambodia. I was confirmed that the request was ok and we got a professional wheelchair assistance from Geneva airport. Unfortunately, when my mum arrived at Dubai airport, nobody taked care of her, no wheelchair assistance which we was confirmed. She asked for help from cabin crew but they didn't care.

My mum need to walk to the connecting gate for her own with the back pain issue and she got lost in the airport. She was crying and it makes my heart broken when she described how she got to the connecting gate for Cambodia. I often take Emirates and I used to think it is one of a good airline, but Not now. For me they don't respect their promises and they don't think about passenger problems and try to solve them. Emirates are fail of human concerned. I won't ever put my legs again to Emirates airlines even it is free.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

My husband was attending a conference and I was tagging along for an extended holiday in Italy. Imagine to our horror our suitcase came thru covered in A LOT OF stinking orange Fish oil. The baggage attendant filed the form and tried to wipe what he could and as we wheeled away we left a trail of oil which splattered out the wheel crevices. Yes! That much oil! The orange fish smelling oil had seeped thru the air vents of our Samsonite bag and the smell permeated all our clothes including my husband's suits. The clothes we tried to dry clean, wash and bought new -It took months to dissipate the smell from make up bags and shoes.

We asked Emirates to please cover the cost of the suits only. The smell stayed with us for two weeks while away and I cannot express the upset it caused every day. The bag we ripped off the lining-gouged oil out the locking and rubber lining with toothpicks. We tried for a year to contact Emirates who had acknowledged receipt a year earlier our photos and receipts and luggage complaint receipt - only to be told they found insufficient evidence to pay a claim for the purchased suits. Something must be up with Emirates that they dont know a bad smell when there is one.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

This is regarding a terrible experience that I had while dropping baggages at DFW airport. The flight, EK222, was from DFW to Delhi. Emirates allowed me two bags to check-in, one of which was an oversize baggage. Upon arriving at the counter, I was informed that I had to pay $250 as a flat fee for the bag. This was shocking to me as before planning for my luggage, I called in multiple times to Emirates customer care in order to get confirmation on the prices.

The customer care executives of Emirates informed me that there would be a fee for oversize only as I was below the allowed weight of 23kgs/50 lbs for each bag but nowhere did they mention that there was a $250 flat fee. I tried raising this concern with the Emirates executive named “Omar” at DFW Emirates counter. To which he behaved very rudely. He treated me with utmost disrespect. His exact words were “Hey... I can’t do anything here. If you want to take your overhead baggage then take else take it back and leave”.

Emirates, if you are reading this, you need to take action. Your executives are not professional and lack basic etiquettes. Omar tried to smart mouth and asked questions, again rudely, if I had checked their website and called their customer care number. I, calmly, tried to explain what the situation is and how I am suffering as a traveler because of unclear instructions on Emirates website and from their customer executive.

Omar at the end very reluctantly noted my complaint. I was at the Emirates counter to raise my concern and not to get away with the fees. But sadly, Omar form Emirates team chose to react in an altogether different manner. I hope Emirates takes care of this behavior. Emirates baggage policy is poor and if I get a chance to travel again, I would avoid Emirates for sure. For fellow travelers reading this post, please avoid Emirates as its revised baggage policy is very poor for international travelers, it’s executives at the counter lack professional courtesy.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

On a recent trip to Thailand I was in an unfortunate motor accident and broke both bones in my lower left leg. I had an 11 day hospital stay, and surgery to put a plate and bolts to hold my leg together while it healed. In the four days leading up to this flight, I had managed a grand total of 5 steps, with a walking frame. And that caused me a great deal of pain, largely thanks to the swelling from the operation. We thankfully managed to stick to our original flights home (4 days post operation) and I approached the check-in desk with a doctors note that stated two things very clearly; 1. Recommended to fly business class to ensure leg elevated and reduce risk of DVT. 2. Cannot walk unassisted, will need wheelchair to cabin seat

I was asked to pay £2000 to upgrade to business class, which unfortunately, I did not have as had spent all my savings on my hospital stay (insurance did not pay out in time). I declined and was then told that I would not be able to fly home in economy. Tried to scare an already vulnerable individual into finding a way to pay £2000. I stuck to my guns, and was eventually let on in economy. My leg was already incredibly swollen from surgery (hence the suggestion to fly business) and was in a great deal of pain throughout the flight.

On arrival at the plane door, I was told (despite checking at the check-in desk) that a wheelchair was not on board and that I would have to hop one legged to my seat. 4 days after major surgery. No assistance was offered. I showed the stewards my doctors letter that explained my condition and was offered no alternative or compassion. The only condolence offered was 'It's not too far!'

It was a humiliating and thoroughly painful experience and I cannot possibly fathom why so little compassion or help was offered in the situation. I frankly think it's entirely irresponsible for a company to ignore genuine medical advice. Would an elderly passenger with mobility issues be asked to hop to their seat too? I strongly recommend not flying with Emirates if you have mobility issues, or are concerned about your health while on board. I've tried speaking to Emirates directly before writing this review and have just been given stock responses that again show no care for their customer service.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I have flown over 200 business and first class flights with Emirates during the past 6 years, held their top Platinum Skywards status for past 5 years and the service once on-board is very good. I have had a few problems with the ground staff and after following their complaints procedure, it is apparent that their customer relations department just simply don't care. They will either fob you off with a stock reply, tell you a pack of lies or simply ignore your complaint entirely hoping you will go away. Eventually they will send you 30,000 air miles with no explanation, hoping you will go away.

If you are fortunate enough to get to speak to Emirates Customer Affairs, you will probably get the impression that they are not very well educated and they are 'reading from the screen'. The only way to avoid any unsolvable issues with Emirates is to fly with a different airline. Forget the 'Loyalty Rewards' they don't exist. Contact an airline within the One World alliance, an airline you can speak to, an airline that will appreciate your custom, they will probably do a status match with their own frequent flyer program to retain your silver, gold or Platinum status. Remember, your money, your choice, you choose. Don't be fooled by Emirates Customer Care, they really don't care.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

A review of Emirates L2PK4W (January 1, 2019). I am writing this review as I fight tears running down my face, and uncontrolled sobbing as I type word by word by word. This is a real story in my Emirates flight and how Emirates acted so uncaring and inconsiderate for passengers like me. We have a death in the family, and I chose to fly Emirates because it can fly me from Newark to Manila in shortest time possible so I can attend the funeral on January 3rd. The flight from Newark is scheduled for 10:50am on January 1st, but was delayed and actually took off around 11:45am. Because of the delay from point of origin, the touch down in Dubai was 8:45am instead of 8:20am.The boarding time for my connecting flight from Dubai to Manila is 8:40am. This is an Emirates to Emirates flight.

Upon landing, we have to taxi to the terminal, unboard the plane, go through security, then run from gate of arrival to gate of departure which is B29 at Dubai International Airport. I got to the gate at 9:18am, and the plane did not wait for me. The gate was closed, the plane had left. Connecting flight is scheduled for 9:25am on January 2, and did not wait for ticketed passenger like me.

I got a text like this: “due to unforeseen circumstances we’ve rebook your flight EK0334 on 3 Jan 2019 at 9:25. We’re sorry for the inconvenience. You can view your new itinerary on www.emirates.com/MYB using L2PK4W.” I went to reconnecting desk to ask for the earliest flight that can get me to Manila so I can attend the funeral on January 3rd which is the purpose of my trip. The girl at the counter tried to call the Emirates reservation line from 9:25am to 12:30pm (3 hours) with no answer. The line is ringing and no one answering the reservation line. She told me Emirates have only one person attending to reservation and that person is on break.

A big world airline like Emirates have “one” person attending the reservation line? If she’s on break, no one else is there? I begged to speak to the supervisor and they got me Mr. Hassan ** who told me that they do not handle complaints, and it has to be directed to “feedback”. I only want to arrive in Manila to attend the funeral, I have no time to file complaint at this time. Around 12:40pm, I was told I can fly Philippine Airlines at 8pm January 2nd, or Emirates January 3rd.

On either flights, they are telling me clearly I cannot be in Manila for the funeral. Emirates, you have just broken my trust. I chose you so you can fly me there. I am a paying passenger. I agree that delays are unforeseen circumstances, not Emirates fault, not passenger fault and I get that clearly, but every airline in the world wait for their ticketed passengers within a reasonable time especially the delay is nobody’s fault. A delay of 15-20 minutes is a reasonable time for the plane to wait. I have been flying for the last 40 years, and there are times the pilots are announcing “we are a little bit delayed because we are waiting for connecting passengers to board as their flights are delayed.” This is normal in the aviation world.

Emirates clearly showed me that they do NOT care about the purpose of your trip and why you are flying. All they advertise and care about is the drinks that they serve on board, the entertainment of 3,000 varieties to choose from, their star-studded cabin. They think that everybody on board is on holiday, honeymoon, or on a vacation. I would like to tell Emirates that some passengers are on medical trips, or on emergency trips like funeral or death. You failed to see that human aspect of a passenger. That is so inconsiderate of you, and this is the purpose of this review. What a shame you advertise “we are here for whatever trips you have.”

Honestly, you did not even meet the bar that some airlines are so capable of doing. You advertise yourself as the “best airline”, please take that down, it is just pure arrogance on your part. I was NOT able to attend the funeral, and I am holding Emirates responsible and accountable for this because of their failure to wait for a few minutes.

As I was writing this, I can’t help but cry for every word I am typing. I will never ever fly Emirates again, they will NOT take you to your destination in time. They will leave you at the gate, panting and catching your breath, close to having a heart attack, and not care a bit. And for future passengers reading this, please think again before you fly Emirates because I don’t want you to experience my experience. For Emirates feedback department: I will wait for a response from you, I need to hear your reply. I will post this review on many travel websites that I can get to, to make passengers aware of how inhuman you are. I was told multiple times by your travel representatives that “Emirates do not wait for passengers,” in that case, you lost me there. I cannot even believe you can say that, and more so, you actually do it, you do not wait for the passengers.

Emirates, you just won the title “the most inconsiderate and uncaring airline in the world.” And just a suggestion for the VP of Emirates airlines, please review and revise your policy on delays and reconnection, maybe, just maybe, you can gain passenger trust again. If you are in my shoes, you will feel the pain I am feeling right now. Please live up to the expectations of your passengers, put some human touch to how you deal with your business. Aviation world is not just big wings and steel, it is also a human world. I feel I need to be compensated for all of these. I don’t even feel you deserve to cash the airfare I paid for this flight, but that’s only the material aspect. No one can bring back yesterdays, damage done is hard to forget, but surely you can improve Emirates for a million tomorrows. Thank you. I need a response from you. I will wait for a response from you.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

On August 26th I purchased a business class airfare from Bangkok to Sydney. The trip was for flight EK418 on October 18th. I checked in online and printed a boarding pass. On arrival at Bangkok airport, with boarding pass I was told that they were overbooked and I would be downgraded to economy, after a long discussion I was offered a return business class ticket from Sydney to Bangkok, useable until 18th October 2019. As I needed to be in Sydney the next day, and I intended to return to Bangkok in August I accepted their offer and was given a voucher for the return flight.

This week, the end of January I contacted Emirates to book my flight to Bangkok on August 19th and was told that Emirates have changed their schedule, the Bangkok Sydney route now being flown by codeshare partner Qantas. As Emirates no longer service the route with their own aircraft they refuse to honor their own voucher. I suggested that this was unreasonable so I should be compensated for my loss, this they claim is not possible therefore, having paid $2398-00 and being given a $600 economy fare I would have to bear the loss. If this is the general attitude of Emirates I can understand why they are downgrading the number of flights. I will be taking the matter further.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Was a victim of Bestjet and lost our initial tickets to the value of $9200. Had to buy them again just before Christmas. Called Emirates who could not honour the original tickets which was fair enough as they had not had our money passed on to them. HOWEVER, I asked them if it was possible to waive the fee to select seats as we were a party of 5 and I didn't have the money spare to purchase this option. I didn't ask them to honour our original purchase. I didn't ask them for an upgrade or a lounge pass. I asked them if it was possible to ease my mind and perhaps show a little compassion after a torrid Christmas period.

I'm a past customer who has flown many many times with them. NOT AGAIN. They were uninterested and had zero interest in either what had happened or extending any form of customer service to me. Perhaps what I asked for was too big a financial burden for them? I don't know. I do know I was more upset with them than with the company that ripped us off.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Cancelled a flight from San Francisco to India the morning of the flight!!! Tried to change the flight to days later - I needed to arrive in India to meet a tour - not days later. Paid for a window seat, changed my seat to a middle seat without my knowledge, refused to honor the paid seat. Rude and disrespectful flight attendants

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Very poor customer service and deceptive conduct from the start. 1) Failed to honor their own credit voucher towards payment for the family tickets. 2) Deceptively jacked up the ticket price not to refund the price difference. 3) Changed return flight at will without any prior consultation. 4) Cancelled a flight due to technical fault and delayed a long haul flight by 13 hours without providing any comfort or compensation. 5) Changed a connecting direct long haul flight into an indirect flight with a 2 hour stop-over without offering any comfort or compensation. 6) When you call they keep transferring you from one person to another without addressing or resolving the issue. Nobody at Emirates seems to have any authority to take any actions. They are only interested in your money.

This was by far the worst experience I ever had with any airline. Customer service was/is non existent at Emirates. Do not believe their advertising, it's a lot of bling without any substance. Just because their head office is in another country, it doesn't mean they can ignore your rights as a consumer. I would give them no star at all if it was possible. Do yourself a favor and save yourself from being spend your money with another airline

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Emirates customer care service is really bad. I bought a ticket from Birmingham to New Delhi for five of us, with one they didn’t provide any meal during the flight from Birmingham to Dubai and secondly outbound flight I request to change the dates because my granddad is in last stage of life. They were Agree to change the dates with the cost of Rs 36000.00 in India just for penalty charges. Due to that I will never ever travel with Emirates in future and I will not advise to my any family members to do so. I rather go to Heathrow and catch a direct flights.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Just want to share with you what happened to me during my flight on a business class with Emirates. Someone (either a passenger or a cabin crew) stole cash (2,000 euros) and credit card from my wallet which was inside the bag which was on the overhead locker. The thief replaced the 40 pcs of 50 euros banknotes with roughly the same quantity of 1 USD banknotes. Moreover he/she had the time to check the wallet and steal the credit card only leaving the remaining cash (Malaysia ringgit and Dubai Dirhams). The thickness of the wallet was still the same so I couldn’t realize I had been stolen. I’ve just found it out when I reached home.

We are surely talking about a serial thief and/or someone who is very confident on acting like that on the plane. I have my own idea about that of course as I read it happened already! What actually made me astonished was the Emirates customer care reply. They basically close the case in couple of email reiterating that they are not responsible in case of any losses of personal belongings. I tried to point out that I didn’t lose anything but I was robbed and also that I was in business class where theoretically there is a hostess/stewart every 4 passengers but it didn’t work. By the way this is the treatment reserved to a gold skywards member who has been flying with Emirates on monthly basis since the past 3 years. Speechless!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Refuse wheelchair service for pregnant woman - I was traveling from Hong Kong (HK) to Amsterdam on an business class with Emirates. I have requested a wheelchair service far in advance, only to be told that HK emirates doesn't provide that service.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

My items from my bag were stolen even after I locked it. Locks were broken. Emirates have done nothing to fix the issue and haven't reimbursed me for stolen goods. Food on airplane is mediocre at best.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Comments 1: I was sitting in a non moving flight for 6 hours, and Emirates rescheduled our flight on 11.16.18 at 11.55 PM, hotel not provided immediately when flight rescheduled, connecting flight EK 528 in Dubai rescheduled after a day again. I had to cancel all my domestic flights in India. What is your guideline for refunding for amount if passengers are sitting for non moving flight for 6 hours and finally flight rescheduled on different day without any proper information. And at Boston no hotel provided immediately. Passengers stayed in airport with no food and no clothes. Very poor services at Airport and communicating with passengers.

I would like to file a complaint and need refunding guidelines from Emirates. Our flight was rescheduled after a day without any information. IF PASSENGERS ARE SITTING IN NON MOVING FLIGHT FOR 6 HOURS WHAT ARE YOUR REFUNDING GUIDELINES - SEND ME REPLY TO - This was the complaint I filed on 12.11.18, no one contacted or responded to me.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Emirates Agent booked my flight by phone for December 3rd, 2018. The flight was changed to the 4th with NO NOTIFICATION. We showed up at the airport to find it was moved to the 4th. Customer Service on the 4th said that since the tickets were for the 3rd they would NOT ACCEPT THEM. Had to buy new tickets. Next leg my name had been misspelled on the ticket so they would not change it. Had to buy another ticket. Emirates own Conditions of Flight in both cases said they would honor the moved flight and be able to do a name change. Trying to deal with Customer Service afterward is; GO TO THE LINK and file a complaint. All communication is through the LINK, Period. Emirates unofficial policy is 30 working days to solve your complaint. $1,706.78 plus hotels & taxis to able to leave because they don't follow their own policies. YOU CANNOT TALK TO A LIVE PERSON PERIOD THAT CAN HELP.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I traveled in Emirates airlines from Nepal to JFK. During my flight, customer service was not good, staffs are not polite at all. After I arrived JFK, I saw that 1 of my baggage was broken and another baggage was lost. I filed complaint for broken baggage and lost bag. After few days they brought my lost baggage with all locks broken and missing items from inside. I tried to call them and communicate with them regarding my loss, but they don't reply back. I tried to call them several times but they just hang the phone. Very irresponsible airlines. I will never travel in this airline in my life again even if this is the only airline, I rather walk. I wish I can give negative star to this airline. This airline must be shut down.

Emirates Company Information