Emirates

Emirates

3.5/5 (82 ratings)

About Emirates

Emirates Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emirates?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emirates Airlines?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I flew Emirates on Dec 14, 2021 from Houston to Dubai with a family of six. It was a horrendous experience for me and my family. The seats were extremely uncomfortable with no space to recline or move. The food was bad, tasteless, odorless. It felt like we were eating plastic food. After the 15 hour flight, me and my family had body ache, headache. We couldn't sleep and feel comfortable for a minute. We felt like that we were confined in a cage for 15 hours. On my returns on Dec 26, I had the same episode of bad and ugly experience. I will never fly emirates and I will advise you to do the same.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Me and my husband were traveling from Newark to Athens on December 23, 2021 and the check-in process at Newark Airport was horrible. The agent did not know how to do his job. Was dismissive and ignored my requests to check-in the luggage to the final destination after being told do do so three times. The supervisor that had a Napoleon Complex refused to hear the facts and made up excuses in order to justify the incompetence of his employee and the Emirates representative was an obnoxious individual who thought he was better than everyone probably because he was from Dubai and his daddy got him this do nothing job. I have traveled this airline on this route twice per year for the last four years and their service especially the on-board service is excellent but in the last year their check-in employees are rude and incompetent especially in Newark.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

I have made a complaint about the bad experience I had during my flight to Athens from Dubai on 10/11/21. My baby's stroller has completely broken and longer usable now. Still the Emirates team has taken it for repair. I have been contacting Emirates constantly about this and the damages they would be responsible for. It's been two months and no response yet. They haven't send us the stroller back neither paid us the money. It's absolutely disgusting that they have caused the damage and paying no attention on this matter. Nayeem **.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

I'm writing this as a warning to others.. I don't want ANYONE to go through what I have. My family are due to travel to Mauritius on Friday, it'll likely be the last holiday my Dad has, he's 90 with mid stage Alzheimer's. Whilst sorting stuff out yesterday it became apparent one of my party had their name wrong on the ticket. I have spent hours on the phone trying to sort it. Basically one of the party has a hyphened name, Heidi-Louise, not Heidi Louise. Today I've been told it will cost me just under £1200 to get it changed. I haven't stopped crying since. I have no choice but to pay, the money I'm using though was put aside for my Father's funeral. I cannot believe Emirates could be so cruel. This holiday cost £30.000... I'd never fly with them again. So be aware. Check and check again, even the obvious could be wrong.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I need to cancel my flight, but I didn't receive the confirmation email and didn't know my reservation code. I wasted 3 phone calls only to wait 30+ minutes in total without reaching an operator. By chance, a reminder email contained the reservation code, so I request to cancel through their form. It's been more than a week and no reply has arrived yet. The flight date is near, so I'm trying to change the date, at least, to take time. But there are no options for the same price (it should be free of charge).

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

What was supposed to be our first flight on Emirates is now our last! My wife and I met in Seychelles after being separated by the pandemic for roughly 2 years. We had planned to return to the Philippines where she is a citizen afterwards. Emirates was our first departing flight with two connecting flight after. Upon check-in at the desk, the Emirates supervisor on duty prohibited me from boarding the plane. She said I couldn't board because as a USA citizen I needed an existing visa. We attempted to explain that Philippines Bureau of Immigration allows a visa on arrival for foreign spouses traveling with their Filipino spouse under the Balikbayan program. We showed our original apostilled marriage certificate as proof.

The supervisor stated their system indicated that I had to have a visa and that these provisions were not listed. We attempted to show multiple IATF resolutions that the Balikbayan program had resumed for several months, but she stated their system was updated daily with COVID restrictions/entry requirements. She added if I was allowed to board I'd likely be offloaded and deported in Dubai at our next flight. So, we agreed to follow up with the Philippines Bureau of Immigration. When asked for documentation regarding my offloading, the supervisor indicated she couldn't provide this and that I'd have to make an online complaint.

We were able to confirm by phone and email from the Philippines Bureau of Immigration that I should be allowed entry under the Balikbayan program. We then showed this documentation to different Emirates supervisors at the airport who expressed confusion as to why I was prohibited to board in the first place. They agreed to independently confirm with Emirates airport staff in Philippines and the airport immigration officials. After they did, the airport supervisors confirmed we could rebook our flights and I would be able to board.

HOWEVER, we incurred thousands of dollars of extra travel expenses while obtaining this confirmation. And other airlines refused to refund us our tickets without documentation as to why I was prohibited to board. When I requested this documentation from the online complaint system, I did not receive a clear response about the matter for 10 days. And that response added that the Balikbayan program didn't apply to me since I wasn't a Filipino even though I had already provided them emails from the Philippines BOI and the Emirates airport staff confirming I should be allowed to travel.

I spent the next month continuing to email, resubmit documentation, and call anyone at Emirates who'd listen without any success. I did not receive any corrected documentation about the offloading, any financial compensation or flight credits, not even an apology acknowledging their initial mistake! Each time a Mr. Ayman ** continued to cordially reiterate the following:

"it is the passengers' responsibility to ensure that they have obtained all relevant exit and entry visas and other necessary travel documents for their journey, including any health requirements."

And. . .

"We respect your feelings and believe we have taken the matter seriously and sought all available information related to your claim. . . whilst I regret that you remain disappointed with our response and we regret that your expectations have not been met once again, we have nothing further to add other than to thank you for writing to us and for allowing me to restate our position."

International travelers, especially Filipinos, should beware flighting Emirates! They're playing the role of immigration without the knowledge or authority to do so. We had to extend our time in Seychelles for more than 3 weeks trying to resolve this matter. I have yet to receive refunds for other flights we had to cancel and travel insurance has indicated this is not likely to be covered. This was a huge financial hardship in our early marriage.

The online complaint system for Emirates is a travesty of a mockery! You can only upload 2 documents at a time. And you can't make multiple submissions without waiting for Emirates to reply. A week or two later. There's no one you can talk to about matters like this by phone either! I asked to speak with supervisors and managers multiple times without any success. Each time they (the call center, the airport staff, the city office) referred me to the online complaint system. It was so useless I don't even know why they bothered to send me delayed replies. They didn't address any concern or ever explain why the airport supervisors could approve me to rebook and board but the online customer service could make say something completely different. I hope everyone separated by the pandemic makes better choices for airlines than Emirates.

P.s. For anyone who questions the validity of my claims, I can provide you complete documentation of everything.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

If you use Emirates, you can stay without a ticket and without money. I had two tickets for this flight on 13 July. On 4 July, I was informed that Emirates had canceled the flight. I contacted Emirates customer services and asked about any alternative flight, and they answered that they could not do it. They proposed later flights on 16 July, but it was impossible for us because we had visas valid until 14 July. I told him about it. So, they suggested requesting a refund, I did it, but they refunded a small percentage of ticket costs. I had two two-way tickets that cost 800 USD each. They refunded 188 USD for one and 250 USD for another for one-way tickets. Then I knew that Emirates for such a canceled flight suggested Turkish airlines, but the customer service DID NOT suggest this option for me.

I have screenshots of these text messages. I am very disappointed that Emirates canceled the flight and did not suggest how to fly from departure to the final destination. Besides, they refunded not the full amount of one-way ticket costs. I wrote feedback-complaint several times to Emirates, and they answered that the flights had been canceled according to the OAE government and could not help me. I DON'T recommend using Emirates. Try to avoid this airline, because they can deceive you and say: "we are so sorry..." My booking references numbers are: **, **.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I have purchased ticket on August 18th for September 1st 2021 TICKET from Karachi to Istanbul. I did two PCR test as tickets are two. PCR test total cost 12000 PKR for Hashmani Lab. On 31st August I received email that my flight timings changed from 12:15 to 12:35. I packed my thing. I went for boarding. In a long line, after I reached there just couple of hours before departure they said, "We couldn't find your ticket in the system." I said how it is possible. They said go to next counter. On next counter woman said, "Your ticket canceled. We have no info. Call the call center." I have called call center and I asked why my ticket canceled. They said, "Your flight timings changed from Karachi to DXB so you couldn't meet transit time to IST flight so we canceled." Without any prior info or thing they have canceled.

Now they are rescheduling my flight to 11th of September. I have to bear PCR test 12000 PKR again. Apart of that my job is in jeopardy if I won't be able to join by 2nd September. Everyday my salary will be deducted and it is also another issue. Now they say do another flight, I booked 14 days ago so booking again immediate flight is 4 times expensive than what is price which I cannot afford (no one would). Emirates says it cannot do anything and whatever losses I will suffer it is my fate. Best they can do is reschedule on 11th.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Updated on 07/21/2021: They didn't treat us well and what they did was awful. After they canceled our flight and they said they gonna rebook another flight on the next day with no extra charge and it's guaranteed to find seats, we couldn't find seats till the next week plus they charged us $1400 extra. Also we had to book a hotel and rented car for that week which costed us more than $2000. They should reimburse me all these extra money, but they didn't even send an apology. I'm trying my best to sue. My whole family instead of enjoying the vacation, we spend a very bad week because of this terrible airline. That was my first and last time to use Emirates Airlines. I warn people to use it. Very rude customer service.

Original Review: I wish to give 0 star. Very rude customer service. They are not respectful at all. They didn't allow me and my whole family to get in the flight and they didn't even try to help me to fix the mistake to get in the flight. They were ignoring us while we were talking to them. They were not professional at all. They kept changing their words many time which mean that they don't know the rule. It was my first and last time time to use Emirates airlines. I will sue them to get my money. They charged me extra $1400 to rebook another flight although they are the one who canceled my flight and they told me it gonna be with no extra money.

Original review: June 27, 2021

Their customer service lady was rude and once I ask her to slow down to help me walk through and understand my itinerary, she got mad and told me to contact the travel agent. I simply asked to transfer the call to someone up the chain so that I can ask my question but she refused. I would not recommend travel with this airline and waste your money. Please stay away from them as their customer service folks are very rude and unsupportive.

Emirates Company Information