1.01/5
Based on 53 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

505 Emirates Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 9, 2018

I recently traveled from IAD (Washington Dulles International Airport) to DEL (New Delhi, India) through DXB (Dubai). Everything looked fine until I reached Dubai Airport (DXB) before gate. My luggage was weighed by Emirates staff (One cabin bag and a laptop bag) and I was passed through. At next stage a female staff informed that I couldn't carry my cabin luggage as there is not much space inside the flight and I will need to Check-it in. I requested to carry it inside and explained it had original property documents which were very important and I couldn't check it in (I even opened my bag and showed her that there were only the documents).

While I was talking to her immediately Mr. ** (Seemed their Supervisor) came to me, grabbed my luggage in very rude manner and started taking to the other side, saying "let me see now, get him deported." Took luggage back to weighing place and told I am not allowed to take a laptop bag. I explained that it is mentioned on my tickets that one carry-on item such as laptop is allowed. He said, "No it is heavier." I opened the bag and showed that there was nothing in the bag except the laptop. But he was acting really rude and was ignoring what I was showing him on ticket documents. He said, "Your other bag is also heavier than allowed limit" and I will need to pay the money for that.

I told it was already passed from Washington Airport as well as here (Dubai) also. It was just that he was trying to harass me. He was being extremely rude and said he will make sure that my flight is missed. I was really in trauma while dealing with him as it seemed that he was trying that my flight is missed. As I was in a different country I was really afraid. He was not allowing me to go. It looked like that other Emirates staff there was also not comfortable with his behavior. One of the staff member who had weighed my luggage earlier and allowed slowly told me that I could complain online about him. I tried to ask his name but I was told that they couldn't tell his name. Which later I saw on his uniform that his name was **.

Finally I requested him to let me go and I will pay the amount whatever additional they charge. I felt it like a ransom. After a lot of request and paying the amount he allowed me and told the staff to still check in my luggage and didn't allow in the flight. I was really depressed after this incident and I was scared about my return flight if somehow this person is there again he may put me in trouble again. He shouldn't have behaved like this. I was surprised why these kind of criminal mentality people are serving in such a service field. I will never take Emirates in future for me and my family, I have also told my friends about this incident and have suggested to not to use Emirates for flights touching Dubai.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Baggage lost claims are not clear and ground and customer service personnel are the least helpful. Airport is more focused on selling stuff rather than improving comfort for transit passengers.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 24, 2018

They are slimy robbers and ** at Emirates Airlines. They propose you cheap rates and cheap upgrades to Business class but as soon as you reach the counter they charge you for additional kg beyond 29 KG even in business class at USD 40 per KG. Then once you passed immigration they refuse you the access to the lounge. Don't trust those Emirates robbers. They are **!

Original review: May 10, 2018

I do not recommend anyone to use the Emirates airline, they have the poorest customer services ever. I booked ticket to Khartoum from the Emirates website. When I wanted to book my seat I found out one of the flight is FlyDubai which is low cost carrier, call the customer service. They say can't do anything, I have to raise complaint in the website, it's been more than week no one reply to my complaint even though I'm sending reminders everyday. I did not expect a brand like Emirates act like bunch of hustlers. Just want to make money by any mean necessary. I did not fly yet but obviously I can sense what I'm going to experience.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I traveled and returned in two weeks from India (Fort Lauderdale, to Mumbai) and returned. I was charged for excess baggage from Fort Lauderdale to Dubai, and further destination to Mumbai (India). They did the same trip back and I find my two bags damaged on the way back, one was totally cracked and the other was totally ruined by the top or lid forced inside the bottom of the suitcase. Upon continuously reminding emailing them about the case and details. Once in a while the representatives called upon leaving them messages, they returned the calls and asked me a receipt.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emirates Airlines?

Original review: April 30, 2018

I tried to speak to Emirates today about pre-seating my Mother who is 85 years old on her flights from Durban to London via Dubai. She leaves in 2 days time and we have requested a wheelchair for her but they will not preseat her on the flights unless we pay. I can't get over this blatant grab at money when an old person is involved. I've worked in the Airline and Travel Industry for a very long time and this was not the case a year ago when we last booked her. It seems that Emirates will stop at nothing to make money off of their passengers. How disgraceful!!! I am totally DISGUSTED WITH THIS BEHAVIOUR!! In future, in my professional and personal capacity I will only deal with airlines that are more interested in servicing their passengers unlike Emirates! I will also add at this point that I've had requests from passengers to not book them on Emirates so they must have obviously seen absolutely no value in their product and service delivery.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I wish to bring to your attention the harrowing experience me and my family experienced during our recent trip from Bangalore to Minneapolis. We flew by Emirates from Bangalore-Dubai-JFK, from where we had a connection flight to Minneapolis with Sun Country. I was traveling with my two young children and elderly parents on this trip. At the check-in counter in Bangalore, we were among the first to check in, yet the airline staff did not allot us seats together for the Dubai-JFK leg. In fact, we were seated in different zones even!

We had pre-booked vegetarian meals for my parents. However, during the DXB-JFK leg, when my parents asked for the vegetarian option, an extremely rude cabin crew took away their non-vegetarian hot component and did not replace it. My parents did not remind him since he was extremely rude and they felt intimidated to request him a second time. I heard about this from my parents only later and was pained to hear they went hungry during such a long flight. Following this, we landed at JFK, cleared customs/immigration and arrived at the baggage claim. We waited at the baggage carousel for around 10-15 minutes without any sign of our luggage. That is when we saw some people rushing to the other side of the carousel, where lay an ocean of luggage strewn all across the floor. After wading through all those bags, we managed to find our 5 pieces of luggage.

When we had checked in at Bangalore airport we were assured by the staff that our luggage was cleared all the way to MSP, so all we had to do was drop in our luggage at the Sun Country office near the baggage claim exit. We were unable to find any such office and upon inquiry with an Emirates staff, we're informed that we had to go all the way to the fourth floor to do the regular check-in. We followed their instructions and went to the Sun Country check-in counter, where there was a long queue. After braving the queue and getting our boarding passes, we then rushed to clear security, where we were again delayed for no apparent reason.

Finally, upon reaching the Sun Country’s gate, we were informed by a rather callous staff that they closed the doors 5 minutes back! We were in a state of shock. I, along with my 2 young kids and aged parents, had been traveling for more than 18 hours, and we were treated with absolute indifference by the Sun Country staff.

Emirates staff too washed their hands of us informing that their flight had landed on time and so it was not their responsibility. So there we were, a small group of passengers who had missed the connecting flight, stranded at the airport, unsure of what was to be done. We were all stressed out over what we should do next, and meanwhile the staff moved on to discuss the recent delivery of a colleague who gave birth to an ‘adorable baby’! I couldn’t believe their apathy towards us. They weren’t apologetic or sympathetic when they obliged to keep us as a ’stand by’ option on a flight next morning. We were supposed to arrange for accommodation (which cost upwards of $240) and food until their next flight at 7 am next morning, a full 20 hours later! My kids aged 8 and 3, were tired and hungry, yet displayed greater empathy and understanding than all the callous Emirates and Sun Country staff, who couldn’t care less.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I had a very bad experience with Emirates and I do not recommend to anyone to travel with Emirates. I traveled from London to Dubai with my family. We were going there to join the special family wedding. When we got there, we couldn't find our luggage. They lost our luggage in London. Because of delay on our luggage, we had to purchase whatever we needed for wedding and related parties. After wedding they found our luggage. Now I claim about my expenses that I had in Dubai, they do not approve it and they do not want to pay me back. I travel a lot but this one is the worse trip that I had.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I am a frequent traveller on Emirates Business class from SFO to India and have done 3 trips in the last three months. I noticed that each of the trip becomes worse than the previous and the quality has degraded over time. They are constantly running out of food? Seriously? The last trip I did costed me 10k for the ticket and I had to settle for something I really had no interest eating on the 2 legs I was flying! I got an apology from Emirates customer service telling me it happens sometimes. I thought it was a one off. But my latest trip I had it! They ran out of food on 2 of segments, the food tasted awful! The salad I got was stale, the bread was cold with blobs of cold butter on it! I have had it with Emirates. I bought this to their attention via customer service and they were apologetic and will address this in the future. Seriously??? #emirates #emiratesbusinessclass #emiratesfoodsucks #emiratesbadfood.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I would advise EVERYONE to steer clear from using Emirates ever again. We have just had the worst experience of our lives. I am expecting triplets which is classified as one of the highest-risk pregnancies in the world. My parents booked to come and see us and help us prepare the house for their arrival, as well as see their other 2 grandchildren. This flight was booked over a month ago at a price they could actually afford after saving for months, hence why they chose this airline. Since then we have learnt that my dad's cancer is terminal, that he is now practically bed-bound and in no way fit or able to fly. Even if he was, the airline would not be willing to take the risk.

So we phoned about canceling the flight (2 months ahead of their scheduled departure) and were told that we would pay a cancellation fee of more than two thirds of the original ticket price because 'that is what it costs to cancel the ticket'. The same ticket which will be put back on the website before the end of the day and sold for anything up to triple the original price (because they have 2 months' notice to fill that seat). Upon asking what would happen if he dies before the flight we were told that this (dead) person would still be charged the full cancellation fee as it puts them in a 'difficult position' when he is unable to fly due to being dead.

The 2nd ticket, my mum's would not be eligible for a refund at all, not even if she loses her husband of nearly 33yrs ON the departure date. Not once during that conversation were we offered any condolences for the very difficult and stressful situation we are in, in fact, the customer services adviser told us in an unfriendly tone: you should have read the terms and conditions more closely. We were given the opportunity to provide proof of the illness, which we have been willing to do all along, to be 'considered' by their team but we were warned that this is in no way a guarantee of a favourable outcome.

After all the severe emotional trauma of this high-risk pregnancy and learning that my dad is dying and I can't even see him to say goodbye, my mum said she would be willing to travel amidst the difficult circumstances, fully aware that it might mean she misses him passing away, if she can bring her best friend for emotional support, instead. Positive that this would at least be an option, we phoned Emirates with new hope to see about changing his ticket (still 2 months in advance) only to be told that the ticket is non-transferrable, in fact, all their tickets are non-transferrable and there is just nothing they can do. She has to fly alone or lose the money.

My dad is being penalised financially (massively) for being diagnosed with terminal cancer, and would even be penalised in death because of the 'difficulty' it puts the airline in. My mum is forced to fly on her own, in the midst of the worst time of her life or lose all the money she paid for her ticket and I am unable to see at least one parent in what is also the most terrible time of my life. In the past 2 days we have spoken to 3 consultants, none of whom showed any humanity or even just offered sympathy for the situation, if anything they were what I would classify as hostile and annoyed, and we were told time and again that our request is an inconvenience for the airline. I have never been so shocked by any organisation in my life and I intend to spread the word far and wide.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I took a flight with Emirates on 23/2/2018 from Gatwick to Sydney. On arrival I was waiting to pick up my luggage which never turned up! They took hours trying to find where it was. In the meantime I missed my bus ($63)x2. I had my girlfriend with me. So we had to stay in the city for the night. The train ($18.50)x2, The hostel ($85), The new bus ticket ($63)x2. Then it took 4 days for them to send my luggage to the nearest airport (50km) each way! $20 in fuel, fuel isn't free! And I had to take time off work to go get it. More money lost! This is $268 gone through no fault of my own plus more in lost time. Are they going to take this off my next ticket? I won't hold my breath!

Original review: March 12, 2018

Inflight economy class experience is not good. Dates of travel: Outbound: IAD > Hyderabad, India Feb 15, 2018. Inbound: Hyderabad > IAD Mar 4-5, 2018. My wife's seat was totally stuck. The flight attendant pushed it hard to move the backrest back. It may older A380 they are operating. The clip of my seat belt is loose and not secure/not holding tight. The seat was not secure in case of an emergency. I reported it to the flight attendant and her reaction was very casual saying the seat belt may be loose and no further action was taken. I reported the issue to the flight purser when he was passing by. He made a note of it and went off.

I paid $135/per seat and purchased in the exit row seats. To my disappointment they are much smaller seats compared to other economy seats in A380. I felt we did not get the value that we expected. The flight attendant accidentally dropped milk carton on me soaking my shirt, hand and book I am reading. She was apologetic but in her hurry, the plastic tray fell on my head.

When the plane landed at IAD, the flight attendant released her seat belt, the moment the wheels touched the runway. I asked her ''Aren't you supposed to keep the seat belt on at least until the aircraft slows down?'' Then she grabbed the seat belt again and the flight attendant sitting next to her said that they are covered and can remove the seat belt early. It did not make sense. I wondered if the flights are safe, where the flight crew themselves are careless. The above incidents show that the security of travelers are compromised on the Emirates aircrafts. Summary: a) For safety reasons, I do not feel safe in travelling on an aircraft which is old, especially when the seat belt is not working and flight crew are careless. b) I have been travelling by Emirates last 4-5 years, I could see the deterioration of inflight service. May be due to large number of travelers in A380s.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I took Emirates from Houston to Dubai. While there, I was in an accident and hurt my ankle and back. I wanted to return home on my regular return flight, but the 16 hour flight would be very painful sitting in a seat for that length of time. I called Emirates to see if I could block seats next to me to lay down or upgrade to business class. The business class upgrade one way was $8000. That wasn't an option. I offered to buy additional economy seats, but they wouldn't discuss it. I called back 3 additional times and they finally said I could purchase additional seats.

They charged me more than my round trip ticket for each of the 2 additional one way tickets. I was in such pain, that I was willing to do this. but then Emirates also wanted a $500 change fee for me to stay on my SAME FLIGHT and PURCHASE 2 additional tickets at a pretty hefty rate. Now this was just taking advantage. I was obviously pretty desperate to be even considering purchasing 3 seats for myself. but the change fee was too much. I blew them off and bought business class ticket on other airline for less than their ridiculous offer. I was so frustrated and disappointed.

Original review: March 5, 2018

On my 8.35 AM flight March 3 from Dubai to Zurich sound was not working. What a horrible experience. Not only mine 44C, but also 44 A and B. Flight attendant said he will bring another earpiece, one hour later he said he FORGOT!!! Told him it's the jack that not working, not earpiece. One hour later, he brought anyway another earpiece, then one more. Smarter supervisor listen and said that it's unfortunately, the jack is not working. Offered to give another place to sit, but they forgot. 7 hours of boring long flight.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Emirates can lie with straight face and sheer confidence. Due to weather conditions, my flight from UK to Kolkata got cancelled after 3 hours from check in at the airport. While other airlines were distributing food coupons after the delayed flights Emirates said they'll transfer us to hotel in their coach. We stood at the conveyer belt and collected my luggage which were distributed between two belts... (quite a bit of running around and paying extra to get the trolley). We came out to find out that there is no coach, no hotel. Emirates made the promise while they were trying to arrange for hotels... they either don't know their verbs or plain lied. Their latest version was 'we are suggesting you go home and we will contact you when you are rescheduled'.

A flight can get cancelled due to weather conditions... but can a reputed brand act such foolishly and keep lie conveniently and put their valued customer in an extremely vulnerable situation, Emirates need to decide. While entire UK came to stand still I was dragging 50 kg luggage in few feet of snow all by myself at 10 pm in the night. Even if this is a 1% probability, should this have happened. My answer is no, never. What do you say @emirates.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

We flew Delhi to Munich via Dubai on 16.12.2017 and our 40” LED Smart TV got fully damaged which had fragile stickers on the box. Emirates Airline refused to accept claim as they are not responsible for electronic items even though accepted at check-in baggage and put many fragile stickers on it. Big loss to us just because of Airline thrown your fragile LED TV during baggage handling. Why Airlines is not responsible? How they can run away from their responsibility? They didnt handle fragile baggage carefully. It's their duty to deliver baggage, not the passenger luck!! I approach Emirates Airline Customer affair but they refused to accept claim as they don't take responsibility of Electronic items in baggage.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I am a very frequent traveler with Emirates and I am seeing that this airline is going crazy on customer focus. I have travelled twice in the last 6 months and I lost my baggage on both the travels. During the first travel, my baggage was transferred to Mumbai instead of Chennai airport. At this time I lost my one of my hand baggage which is taken in Seattle and they have not given any tag for that baggage. Now airlines are not taking the responsibility for this and they said we can do a courtesy search. This airlines is performing really bad from the last couple of years. Airlines Management should put effort to their employees on how to do the customer focus.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

When we booked the flight ticket (SEA to DXB), we specifically wanted a bassinet seat. The Emirates customer service (call center) said it was available and accordingly assigned us a bassinet seat (23 E). We happily paid for the ticket. But when we came to Seattle, the Emirates manager at the Gate, Mr. Omer **, gave us a different seat which did not have bassinet provision. We find this as betrayal of trust. Had we known that we won't be given a bassinet seat, we would have booked a different flight. Moreover, the Emirates employees were rude and abusive. They used words like 'your baby will DIE if she is seated in 23E'. This is extremely unacceptable. Travelling with an infant without a bassinet seat, was a harrowing experience for us. All this for no fault of ours. I doubt, I will ever fly again with Emirates.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Worst airline. I traveled in December 2016, they lost my luggage. After traveling 25 hrs flight I had nothing to wear, my daily medicine were in it too. I had to come back at the airport for 3 hours and wait for about 5 hours. Seemed like 40 hours in torture! Unfortunately bought Emirates ticket again. Staff are liars and incompetent in Pakistan.

I went there twice to change my ticket. 6 staff members talking to each other for 15 mins and pretended as if I was invisible. I was charged $300 to change my ticket. I was asked to give them a date meaning I will have to pay next time if I change my date again. Second time after 15 days I went to change my dates, I was asked for another $300. I came back after an hour, they asked me for $700 now instead of $300 they had just quoted. Staff member said, "Yes I did quote you but I did not know" and walked away. I fly quite frequently and so do a lot of my family members. I told my experience to everyone I know. Seems like there is no customer service or courtesy.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I booked a return flight Amman - Dubai with Emirates. On my flight back, I was surprised that their flight back was operated by a low cost carrier (Fly Dubai), with very restricted services on board, different terminal, delayed flight. Is this legal?? I was charged the price of a regular Emirates flight but had to take a much lower grade flight. If I have booked the same flight directly through Fly Dubai, I would have paid much less. I think this is against all business ethics. How is it possible to stop them cheating passengers like that?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I recently took a flight from Addis Ababa to Delhi from Emirates and had the worst flying experience of my life so I just wanted to share my experience with fellow travelers. Emirates' confusing baggage policy: The website has multiple version for the same information and the customer support's speed of response is at least more than a week so if you are booking a ticket with Emirates then it is good to figure out the baggage policy first. Confusing Airport layout and apathetic boarding process: I ended up missing the second part of my flight with Emirates. I arrived at 20:50 pm and then went through security check and other formalities to head to the gate B18 to catch my flight at 22:00 pm.

As B18 is far from my landing gate, I took more than 40 minutes to reach B18. As B18 does not have a seating area next to departure, I took a seat a bit away from the gate hoping that I will get a alert from flight announcement to catch my flight. Between time zone differences and lack of announcements, I reached the gate 2 minutes after the gate has been closed. Although I understand that Emirates does not have control over the airport layout system, Emirates might avoid these occurrences by either announcing the flights or sending notifications to the travelers as it is easy to lose sense of time during time zone changes. Rude on the ground staff: I admired the in-flight experience of Emirates. However, the on ground staff was one of the rudest I ever encountered. A majority of on the ground staff is outsourced to other companies so most of them do not adhere to Emirates' quality levels and are just plain rude to customers.

Inconsistent check-in policy: At the last moment an Emirates' employee decided to check-in my cabin baggage which has a tiny amount of fragile luggage. I asked the representative whether Emirates would take the responsibility if anything breaks in my luggage but the representative clearly refused it. In the end, I found a broken piece of equipment in my luggage, which Emirates would not cover. Based on these experiences, I would never fly Emirates again and recommend that no one else should as well.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I booked the ticket online and I had a choice to opt for longer route at lesser price but I opted for lesser journey time so that I could reach my destination earlier. I didn't mind paying more. I'm disappointed by the way Emirates Supervisor the staff addressed my concern so pathetically at the Dubai airport. I was given flight EK 206 with an excuse that my flight from my Buffalo NY EK 208 is cancelled. I had to unnecessary wait for 4 hrs at Buffalo airport and then 3 hrs more at JFK airport before boarding for DXB bound flight. I was given a boarding pass wherein nowhere it stated that the flight was via Milan. Why was my original direct flight from JFK to DXB cancelled and given such a longer flight without asking me or intimating me about the longer route?

At DXB airport the flight from DXB to Multan was delayed for 3 hrs and 33 mins. I ended up paying more and having the maximum laying hrs as similar to the person who bought cheaper. If Emirates airlines can't keep up with the schedule then they shouldn't have deferential rates on the website based on journey times. I bought a flight for the original 18 hrs, however, ended up reaching my destination in 48 hrs. I have emailed my grievance but doubtful if I ever going to get a respond to that after my displeasing experience with the supervisor and the staff at the Dubai airport. If I don't receive a reply or response this time then Unfortunately Emirates would lose a very good customer and I'm not going to recommend any of my family, friends and business colleagues for Emirates airlines ever.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Booked one-way tickets from India to Seattle 4 days back, but later learnt from friends that visitors should have return tickets in hand to avoid issues at immigration. So, called up Emirates customer support to cancel the booking almost immediately. I was asked if I would like to consider changing the booking to a round-trip. I replied that I would decide on that and book round-trip within a couple of hours. I ended up cancelling the tickets and have booked round-trip tickets the same day after a few hours. Guess what, the tickets I've booked for India to Seattle (round-trip) were for the same flight I've cancelled my booking earlier. This costed me $300.

The customer service personnel should have updated me about the cancellation fee involved and had that happened, I'd not have cancelled the tickets but in-turn would have planned to buy return tickets. So, at the end of the day, I book round-trip tickets for the same flight. I've cancelled my one-way trip booking a couple of hours earlier only to lose $300 more. When I checked with the customer support about this, all they talk about is the policy and the so-called supervisor has got some serious attitude problem. Emirates cancellation refund policy is not in line with the interests of the customers like me, customer service is pathetic and I would never ever book a flight or fly with Emirates.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

My experience with Emirates Air is very bad, at Dubai airport they have charged me twice and said, "After 24 hours we will refund the balance," but it not happened. I changed my airport while coming back so they overcharged me 13,006 PKR instead of 6,900 PKR. Until now the matter not resolved Since 15 Dec 2017. After issuance boarding pass I came in plane in my seat and I put my bag there with cabin crew. She saw my boarding pass and told me about my seat, once I came back from toilet I saw someone else sitting on my seat and the same crew asked him to sit on my seat, and when I said it's my seat they excused and sent me in the end of plane in very bad neighbors who were making noise. I'm very unsatisfied with Emirates Air and don't feel any financial Security from them.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Bought a ticket through Emirates mobile app, they did not provide any information about baggage allowance until I have purchased the ticket. When I called their London customer office they demanded £200 pound cancellation fee or if I want to change it then £125 for changing fee + whatever the class I upgrade to. The customer service was very poor. Basically good for nothing.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

When checking in for a business class flight on Emirates from Hamburg to BKK 01 SEP 17, I was told that our bags were 11 kgs over the limit (91 instead of 80 kgs). The cost would be an extra 605 EUR! I told them that firstly I checked the weight on the house bathroom scales as usual. And secondly that a flight on another airline for the same route would be only 469 EUR return. How could they?

The reply of the lady behind the desk: "You can repack if you want." As if repacking loses weight! She was a little unsure of herself and had to get reassurance from her colleague next door - both in their late 20s, early 30s. She then stated the obvious that her scales were certified and my bathroom scales were not. Having been an aviation auditor for many years before retiring I know about this argument and was surprised to see how often certified scales were up to 20% off in some cases when x-checking in my early days of keen sense of duty.

When arriving at the payment counter I saw the third part of the money making machine which took only seconds to complete the job. Some suspicion arose.

After arrival in Thailand I asked my brother to check the scales and he arrived at the following result: 4 pieces of 20 kg each showed exactly 81 kg on those bathroom scales. Not 91.

I believe we got screwed. Emirates not available for complaints. Although wading through the internet, every reply would be one of the Emirates airline itself. Very effective IT defence. Hate to think what would have happened had I gotten through with the complaint. Flight itself was not as good as the airline makes you believe pre departure. Biz class compartment reminded me of the early attempts of large company's open space sea of office cubicles. PS: after a certain amount of the usual cawaffel at the airport she generously reduced the penalty by 3 kgs = 440 EUR!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

This is to let you know my feedback about the kind of service me, my family and other fellow passengers had to experience on our flight. We were flying from Atlanta to Dubai enroute Boston. To begin with our flight got delayed (I understand the weather was bad which was not in anyone’s hands) but unfortunately no one from Emirates was there to take care of the basics. We’re unable to contact the staff, tried calling for hours to Emirates' toll-free number that kept disconnecting; after a long wait when was able to speak to someone, they hung up on me addressing our problems (this happened 2 separate times). Just before we’re about to board the connecting JetBlue flight, upon checking online we got to know that the Emirates flight has been delayed as well and no one at JetBlue knew about this as their systems were not updated.

We’re advised by JetBlue crew that we need to discuss this with Emirates as this has nothing to do with them. Unable to connect anyone at Emirates, we boarded the delayed JetBlue flight and reached Boston airport at around 11:10 PM to find no one from Emirates was available to address any concerns of ours so we decided to go to the Emirates lounge. All other lounges were open except Emirates. I was shocked to see that there was not single ground staff from Emirates to address the concerns of ours and other passengers were stranded there as well. Met someone who flew in from Detroit and had reached Boston at 1 PM to find no one from Emirates was available (even at the times the lounge was supposed to be open - he tried multiple times throughout the day).

I decided to call Emirates again at around 3:30 am and was connected to a gentleman by the name Mohammed who seemed concerned and agreed that someone from Emirates should have been there to address the concerns, asked me to go to the lounge or hotels and Emirates would reimburse the paid amount (both options were ruled out as discussed in the email), address this with the ground supervisor before boarding the flight who could help us upgrade us to business class, and he was escalating this issue to his supervisor who would call me back and follow-up on this as well.

We decided to check-in a hotel, the hotel at airport had no vacancy and the other nearby hotels didn’t have a shuttle service. As we didn’t want to get stranded on the road as the weather was extremely bad, we ended up sitting on the hard seats of the airport that aggravated my wife’s back issues, she was in pain for the next 2 days, and my daughter couldn’t sleep at all due to which our other plans suffered. We missed the first night stay at our hotel in Dubai and missed the excursions we’re supposed to take with our family members whom we’re meeting for a day in Dubai after 10 years (couldn’t meet them due to this delay as well). Not only us but the other passengers (waiting for the same flight) we met, were also disturbed and disappointed by this issue.

In the morning, the ground staff showed up an hour before boarding and when all of us spoke to the supervisor regarding this matter, instead of apologizing he stated that there’s no one available from Emirates due to overworking the previous day and even if someone would be there, they won’t be able to help as this is a weather related issue, and played the blame game of stating that the JetBlue staff shouldn’t have let us board the flight from Atlanta to Boston in the first place. We were already tired and stressed about the delay and were hoping we could reach safely. My point to him was that when I spoke with the gentleman in the call center he had stated otherwise and told me to talk to the on-site supervisor and had put the notes regarding this in the system. The supervisor was in denial and instead of apologizing he stated that no notes were available at his end.

Frustrated with this and no option available, we all felt like an unwelcomed guest. The reason we paid premium for Emirates as compared to other flights available (for way cheaper airfare) was that we wanted our daughter to have the best vacation (that she was very excited and looking forward to) including great flying experience. We had heard a lot about Emirates experience but this has been our most disappointing and pathetic flying experience ever which makes us think that this was a mistake as Emirates doesn’t care about their customers. We have to fly back in a month and hopefully something could be done to compensate for the bad experience and hopefully doesn’t turn out to be our first and last experience flying Emirates. Requested Emirates to look into this and advise.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

In July 2017, I booked a flight ticket to Barcelona for my wife and I, from 23rd December, return on the 2nd January 2018. I received the email confirmation with the schedule, and right after, the eNets payment was processed successfully, and I received the invoice by email. On the day of flying, we showed up at the counter for check-in and the lady told us we are not registered on the flight, they don't have our e-tickets number and we just can't go on this flight. When we received all the email confirmations that we booked on that flight, we did not realize that Emirates forgot to attach the two e-tickets numbers to validate and confirm our seats on the flight. It was a system booking error because we booked the tickets on the Emirates website and the payment was processed successfully.

When we showed up at the Emirates counter at 11 pm, the customer agents were not helping us at all, they were awful! They even told us it was our fault because we did not check correctly our tickets and we should have called them to let them know about the mistake... REALLY??? I have not seen my family for almost 2 years and was really looking forward to see them for Christmas, for which we all had made a lot of plans. I was already very stressed from what happened tonight and upset of our travel plans being disrupted and missing our vacation days. An officer from the call center in Dubai said we simply need to make a new booking on the next flight, the day after, but since the economy class was full, we had to buy a business class tickets if we really wanted to go and see my family... REALLY???

In the end, we booked a last minute flight with another company, we missed two days of holidays, I missed two days annual leaves (which is a lot of money), we missed a big family dinner reunion before Christmas, we had a lot of stress on the night of the 23rd December with little sleep, and the cherry on the top, we received no help or suggestion from the Emirates customer service.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

Emirates from Brussels to Dubai is good when all is fine but they manage very badly any problem even for business class. My luggage missed the connecting flight and they took 2 days to send them despite 2 flights per day. Hopeless airline to manage problem.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

On 2 Dec 2017 my family and departed from CT to Dubai. The flight was extremely full and uncomfortable. My seat was broken and the service from the crew members was not acceptable - they were unfriendly and not helpful at all. Upon arrival at Dubai Airport we proceeded to passport control where we handed in our passports as we should as per procedure. We had a very sick child with us and my daughters passport was not handed back to us for some weird reason. We left passport control and did not check due to the stress of having travelling with a sick child. We boarded for our next flight only to realize that we had one passport missing.

We proceeded to inform someone to assist us as the passport was clearly not handed back to us at passport control. The staff at Dubai Airport took their own sweet time to get back to us and assured us that the passport was not in their possession. We missed our flight but the guy assisting us did not give up. He eventually received a call from someone informing him that the passport had been with lost and found the entire time. Because of this delay and someone was too lazy to inform us we had to pay an R10000 for the next flight which was 6 hours away. We were forced to stay at the airport with a very sick child for an additional 6 hours, at an additional cost and because someone neglected to hand our child’s passport back to us. This is not acceptable and should not be allowed. Last point: the food on our flights from Emirates were disgusting and caused both my kids to fall ill.

Emirates Company Information