Emirates

Emirates

3.9/5 (576 ratings)

About Emirates

Emirates Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emirates?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emirates Airlines?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

Our luggage was damaged and became useless on our trip from NYC to Milan Italy. The agent at the airport took pictures completed the report and directed me to purchase another replacement one. The item was under my disabled partner Alejandro **. I sent an email to the email provided upon returning. They took long to respond. They requested the receipt of my new item. They refused to refund stating that they only replace or repair the damaged luggage. The item has no chance of repair as confirmed by Emirates agent at Malpensa. How do you replace it if not refunding me for the new one?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

I have traveled with Emirates (booking reference: **) and had a horrible experience in August and September 2022. I made a complaint to them with the following reference number: ** regarding my experience on the trip and described the issues I experienced in great detail. The airline was not empathetic towards the poor experience, overall service, and discomfort they had caused to me as a passenger. They merely apologized and brushed me off. I am very disappointed and I was hoping after making a complaint, they would be more understanding and compassionate for the discomfort I experienced which was caused by them. Unfortunately, they do not care and do not do anything to make things better. I will be strongly considering using other airlines after this experience.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

31st July, I logged in to my Emirates account and tried to book my flights online. Upon doing so, there was no pricing or points information available for each options (Saver, Premium or Business, also differences in each for each flight time) and so I called the Emirates booking line. The representative (Angelo) confirmed that there is a website glitch and proceeded to assist in my booking over the phone. I made it abundantly clear to the representative that I am looking to secure business class flights in the most cost effective way (i.e. upgrade) and that I am happy to utilise all of my Emirates SkyMiles in securing my flights.

Also mentioned SEVERAL times that this trip is part of my Wedding and Honeymoon, I will also have a long Wedding Dress that will be onboard and needs to be hung in a closet (Can't be in overhead lockers). I asked the representative on how I could achieve a cost effective upgrade to business class and was simply advised to try my chances upon check in at the airport. He also suggested that by paying for my flights with cash and miles that I will save monies on the flight. Then proceeded to confirm that he made an internal request for upgrade and while that couldn't guarantee me an upgrade, will help my chances.

Few days later, I was looking at the Emirates website (still not working for return flights) but then playing with the settings on a one way flight basis. It was in this way that I identified that if I had actually paid for my economy flights using just cash, that I had enough points to upgrade both myself and partner to Business Class flights for the full return from Rome to Melbourne.

I called the Emirates booking line again, and after long wait times and being on the phone for over 1 hour 15 minutes, the representative (Diago **) said that I would have to pay $1,000 to cancel the flights if I wanted to rebook and use the miles for my Business Class upgrade! I asked to speak to the manager given these special circumstances and not being offered this option upon booking, but was denied the courtesy to speak with the manager. I asked countless times for simply to talk to the manager, and Diago consistently refused without understanding my situation and often talked over me.

I'm submitting this complaint as I should have been advised this option to utilise my points for Business Class upgrades when looking to book my flights - As the website was down (still down/doesn't show options) and I had no other way to tell and even asked multiple times the representative "How can I get my upgrade? What can I do to increase my chances? Is there anything else I can do?" and not ONCE was this mentioned. Should I have known this on booking day, that I can pay my flights with cash and use my points for upgrade that's exactly what I would have done! As such, I am requesting that my flights be updated to reflect as such that I wanted on Day 1.

After such back and forth, a supervisor called me back the next day. The supervisor also agreed and acknowledged that the representative did not provide all the options at the time of booking and without a viable working Emirates website, how am I to know the options to make an informed decision? I could only act on the information provided - which the supervisor did advise lacked all the options. The supervisor also agreed and acknowledged that I mentioned the website was not working at the time I called in to book. Supervisor told me to email him all my screenshots of the Emirates glitch and issue - which I did that day & got no reply. Supervisor also told me to lodge a formal complaint via Emirates - which I also did that day and also got no reply.

Simply wanting to refund my flights in full, simply so that I can REBOOK both of my legs to be flexi fares and have my points returned - I am being asked for the $1,000 cancellation fee. A fee that I am being incurred because an Emirates representative was not able to provide all of the information upfront? A fee that is your internal fee, and I am rebooking with you on the same call. A fee that I am told could have been waived in the first 48 hours but because I called on the 3rd day, is it no longer viable? BY THE WAY, I only found out after 2 weeks of chasing that it could have been refundable prior - the second representative also did not advise of this. This is how they reward loyalty. EMIRATES DON'T CARE.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

Emirates has not paid me my refund for more than 7 months now. They keep giving me the runaround. Their Customer Service does not even bother to check any history of correspondence and keeps giving me the same stupid excuses. If this is the way Emirates reports record profits, by frustrating us so that we stop following up for the refund, then kudos to them. Excellent game plan. Their customer service is the worst. No one bothers to respond for days together, and when they do eventually respond, their response is absolutely useless.

Original review: July 28, 2022

We were traveling as a family of 4 plus one infant from Seattle to Dubai on flight EK 230 on 2nd July, 2022. Prior to boarding, we submitted our infant child's stroller in a single folded form at the desk of Seattle Sea-Tac (SEA) with the Emirates team. The staff assured us that we would get it back at our final destination Kolkata Airport, India(CCU), but did not issue any tag. We needed the stroller as the quintessential means for our child's safety and our mobility. However, since reaching our final destination (CCU) on 4th July, nobody from Emirates could take an initiative to find, locate and return the stroller on repeated requests. We were directed from one empty assurance to another that Emirates is looking into this issue. It's been almost a month.

Had it been just a piece of normal baggage, we could not face such grave problems. Here, however, a child's safety and mobility were on the line which limited all of our mobility and almost ruined the whole purpose of travel. The big question is if Emirates ground crew could not assure a child's safe travel, how can they assure our and the flight crew's safety? On the contrary, all big packages of wealthy businessmen wrapped with extra safety reached CCU airport on Emirates that day! However, an infant's joy and safety, a simple stroller was completely neglected. I suppose this is how, once eminent, Emirates does business nowadays!

Original review: May 12, 2022

Rename Emirates to "THE WORST AIRLINE". They tag you with Jetblue. Jetblue website does not work, mobile app does not work. You have to go to the airport for checkin. Now comes "THE WORST AIRLINE" or Emirates. Hidden stop in a different country. Which is not mentioned in the itinerary. This was not mentioned while purchasing the ticket. Only when the ticket is confirmed you get to know that it is not a direct flight. When you ask them they tell you, "It is written in small letters. Can't you see." Worst experience. Never flying with this airline again. Qatar is the world best.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

My recent Emirates trip confirmed my previous observations of a significant decline in the quality of service from this company. We travelled from Warsaw to Colombo. We have been travelling with Emirates for over 10 years and in the past this airline has been distinguished by the quality of its service: meals, cabin service, flight crew, flight comfort. This is now a thing of the past. First of all, Emirates in connecting flights often forces passengers to do part of the journey with FlyDubai (low cost, low quality airlines). Secondly, excessive savings can be seen - no toiletries kit, no slippers, no toothbrush (we used to get a kit for longer flights).

In addition, the choice of meal options is limited, wine is served from large bottles which often threatens to spill and get dirty. There is a very small selection of drinks. No snacks are served on long flights. Staff do not offer off-service drinks to passengers, which can lead to dehydration. There is too little service and a lack of proper passenger care. Emirates used to be special, today it is common so it is not worth overpaying. I have travelled with Turkish Airline several times recently. The journey has been more punctual and comfortable and the price much lower. I am considering dropping the Emirates loyalty programme. Even a complaint was responded to late, not resolved and the response was arrogant.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I flew Emirates on Dec 14, 2021 from Houston to Dubai with a family of six. It was a horrendous experience for me and my family. The seats were extremely uncomfortable with no space to recline or move. The food was bad, tasteless, odorless. It felt like we were eating plastic food. After the 15 hour flight, me and my family had body ache, headache. We couldn't sleep and feel comfortable for a minute. We felt like that we were confined in a cage for 15 hours. On my returns on Dec 26, I had the same episode of bad and ugly experience. I will never fly emirates and I will advise you to do the same.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Me and my husband were traveling from Newark to Athens on December 23, 2021 and the check-in process at Newark Airport was horrible. The agent did not know how to do his job. Was dismissive and ignored my requests to check-in the luggage to the final destination after being told do do so three times. The supervisor that had a Napoleon Complex refused to hear the facts and made up excuses in order to justify the incompetence of his employee and the Emirates representative was an obnoxious individual who thought he was better than everyone probably because he was from Dubai and his daddy got him this do nothing job. I have traveled this airline on this route twice per year for the last four years and their service especially the on-board service is excellent but in the last year their check-in employees are rude and incompetent especially in Newark.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

I have made a complaint about the bad experience I had during my flight to Athens from Dubai on 10/11/21. My baby's stroller has completely broken and longer usable now. Still the Emirates team has taken it for repair. I have been contacting Emirates constantly about this and the damages they would be responsible for. It's been two months and no response yet. They haven't send us the stroller back neither paid us the money. It's absolutely disgusting that they have caused the damage and paying no attention on this matter. Nayeem **.

Emirates Company Information