3.79/5

580 Emirates Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 16, 2019

On 17/5/2019 we flew from Perth to Canada via Dubai. While checking in Perth only we realised the visa requirement to Canada, just before boarding only applied ETA visa. As we didn't get email confirmation of the ETA while transiting in Dubai we approached the ground Emirates staff in Dubai. Hearing our situation Mohammad ** and Mohammad ** assisted us by contacting the Canadian immigration and sorted out the visa. They both have really taken the extra mile to help us though it is not their job to deal with the visa requirements. If for not their help we would have missed the flight to Canada. We are ever thankful for their great Customer Service.

Original review: March 19, 2019

My flights with Emirates have been many classes above all other airlines. It always felt like royalty and the comfort on board is really worth paying extra for. The meals were fit for the best restaurants and the Emirates lounge in Dubai is the best lounge I have visited.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Great Airline to fly with using Airbus A 380. So quiet and comfortable. Makes you feel refreshed. Using the Business class they make you feel really welcome. Unfortunately they no longer have got Trans Tasman Service anymore and you have to use the other Cattle Class planes.

Original review: July 15, 2019

Hi I travelled from Chennai to Houston via Dubai on 15th May 2019. Traveling from Chennai to Houston is a long leg and need to get adjusted for the time. I am a frequent traveler and I was always preferring Emirates even I had few issues in the past. I am traveling by Emirates from 2011, I was a Gold member. But this time I had a pretty bad experience which is related to Safety. Dubai to Houston is long leg flight where the safety systems to be proper and should be pretty much in place. But at my seat the safety kit (Life vest) was not in place, it was on the floor. I couldn't believe that airlines like Emirates be like this without proper safety things in place that too in a long flight. I was not even sure whether it was in working condition. IF I had brought that with me you guys would have not noticed but the next person will travel without that vest on the floor. He might be thinking it's under his seat.. How you guys can be like this that too on a safety aspect.

I have travelled on business/first class also. Many times it never happened. The coach class passengers safety and security also evenly important like first/business class passengers. I didn't speak to the crew members because they will have one same reply that's, "We will fix it once we land, our inspection and mechanical team will take care of it." Thanks for letting us know that's it nothing else happening these days. The other thing is, "Pls mam if you want you can raise a complaint through our webpage, we will get in touch with you." I did notice only on midway otherwise I would have asked for a seat change.

After seeing that I was kind of worried if something happens what will I do, how I'll get another one, etc., etc. It was not good trip. Nothing happened if something happened then what's our situation?? There are many old/uneducated people traveling believing you guys will take care of our safety. Those people might not even knowing that it's life vest which is on the floor. Don't you guys check the safety things in place before plane is ready to board? ?Just incase if something happened what would I have done, how you can be on the safety aspects that too...

Original review: July 1, 2019

I had a bad experience with your customer service today. The conversation started at 15:09 pm. Ended at 16:21 pm. You should listen the all conversation how your customer consultant and supervisor with your take care the customer. How important to take care customer and handle the inconvenience which they caused. It was terrible. You'll see how much hard time they gave me. Why because I am trying to get correct information before the flight. I think the last sentence will give you an idea. After they gave me all these inconvenience. She said "it's up to you flight or not with us in the future". Their name was Teddy and Anna if they gave me correct names. Think about that how they lost my trust. And you should see how Teddy didn't allow me to talk with manager. He fought with me maybe 20 min not to transfer the phone. Already, I had a like that experience. I cannot imagine how trip I will have.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emirates Airlines?

Original review: June 11, 2019

If it would have been possible, given them NO star. The worst airline; hopefully my first and last travel with them. My baggage is lost since 25 days. None calls for interim compensation. Every day I used to call their customer service.They will tell to arrange a call back within 24 hours and escalate to higher level. But it has never happened. None will realize, how much FRUSTRATED I'm. They don't care about the customers and only make false promises.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Emirates, While I love travel and must take responsibility for the impact my choosing air-travel has on the environment, my heart broke and my stomach churned during 2 recent Emirates flights. So much of what you share on your flights - I suppose you would characterise these things as items of "comfort", are either made entirely of plastic or wrapped in plastic. All single use-plastics! After 18 hours of flying I had collected a hefty bag FULL of single-use plastics which had been given to me, despite the fact that I had been refilling my own water bottle.

At the end of my flight, while disembarking, I noticed plastic wrapping, miniature, plastic tooth brushes and plastic cups (among other things) littered the floors of your aircraft. Its is not only appalling but completely irresistible to see a reputable company show complete disregard for the plight of our planet. Sadly, air-travel leaves an undeniably massive carbon footprint, why not make simple changes where you can?! As I understand it, concerns around biosecurity dictate many, if not all of these plastics must be destroyed rather than recycled. Why not replace these plastics with a more eco-friendly material? With more and more people using air travel, Emirates you are contributing to the disastrous state of our planet! What will you do to change this? I am dreading my return flight! #wakeup #environment #climateaction #actonclimate

Original review: June 3, 2019

I recently booked two tickets with UAE airlines for me and my husband for me and my husband (we are both senior citizens). We were to leave for Athens Greece on the 9th of May, 2019. However I got very sick with vertigo incidences a few days before our departure date and ended up in ER; The doctors advised me not to travel yet until I do physical therapy for my situation which I did. When I tried to cancel or change our flight I was told that there was a penalty of 2x$300 for both tickets for cancellation and 2x200 for changing them for another date. We chose to cancel given the total lack of empathy from this airline and got a refund minus $600.00! We will never fly with them! I know that they abided by their "non refundable" terms and conditions. However we find the penalty cost outrageous.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Having requested a refund and adhering to their cancellation fees policy, we are yet to receive our refund after we have been sent a credit note for our cancelled flights. The time frame for refunds indicated by Emirates has passed, and after repeated calls and complaint submissions, the call center agents are unable to resolve or escalate the matter to the point of actionable resolution. It is odd that the credit department and contactable supervisors or customer complaints facilitators are not available for direct correspondence. It is very disappointing and as we wait for our refund to manifest, it is hard to consider this airline as professional. Emirates, pull up your socks! Sergio **

Original review: May 30, 2019

I booked the flight with my boyfriend from Warsaw to Delhi via Dubai using Travelgenio agency (based in Madrid). Flight originally was planned for 24th of May at 12:50, departure from Dubai at 21:25. On Sunday, 19th of May, my partner received information that 'The airline company made a schedule changes in your itinerary. Please verify that the new flights meet your requirements. We inform you that if you accept the alternative, this one will be confirmed according to the departure date of your flights. If you need an urgent relocation please contact directly the airline. Thank you.' We called airlines immediately as they rescheduled our flight for 13rd of May (day earlier that we booked originally). Additionally, instead of 1.5hrs of transfer they changed for 13hrs hang on at Dubai Airport.

They informed us that they cannot do anything about it because our flight has been cancelled. We said we cannot fly on 23rd due to our duties etc. and they said they all come back in the morning and asked us to call. So, we call in the morning and lady said that there is a flight from Warsaw to Dubai on 24th (as originally planned) but we need to wait 13 hrs at Dubai airport and there is no other option as flight from Dubai to Delhi at 21:25 was cancelled. Not having a choice, we decided to take this flight having in mind that we need to be in Delhi on Sunday. We reached Dubai on 24th of May and we saw that the flight from Dubai to New Delhi has not been cancelled and departure was ongoing what means that they lie to us saying that the flight was cancelled.

Once we noticed, we run to the reservation desk, was huge line but finally we asked if we can change the flight for 21:25 as originally planned. They said, "No, we cannot. It is already overbooked, and onboarding is closed." She said there is an option at 3 am as well but it is also overbooked, 30 people on the list so she all not adds to the waiting list even. Not having a choice, we decided to go out from the airport because no one told us that Emirates should give us a hotel. I am pregnant so for me was difficult to wait at the airport for 13 hrs. Once we came back from city center of Dubai we checked once again if there are some places maybe at 3.

Lady from reservation desk told us it is too late now to onboard but there were places and you should have been added on the waiting list. We said we asked to add, and Emirates reservation service told us that it does not make sense. We asked about business class but no seats anymore, too late etc. Net net we were hanging around till our morning flight that was at 9:50. I was previously flying thru Emirates for business trip to India, but this time showed me that I'll definitely not fly via this airline anymore. They lied to us which is not fair. We were completely exhausted and disappointed.

Emirates Company Information