2. Travel

Emirates

4.0/5 (316 ratings)

About Emirates

Emirates Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emirates?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emirates Airlines?

Original review: May 8, 2021

I wanted to inquire what the cancellation policy is in case I bought the ticket through a travel agency. I called the customer service number for USA. The guy who answered already sounded annoyed. I just asked a simple question about the policy and he started getting really passive aggressive. I didn't extend the conversation and hung up but it's really disappointing that an airlines with such good reputation doesn't seem to maintain proper standards that their employees should abide by when having a conversation with customers. I understand that these people are probably overworked and underpaid but there must be some kind of quality control.

Original review: April 7, 2021

Our return tickets was canceled without any reason. We were left stranded in Nigeria because you cannot endorsed our tickets with other airlines to take us out of Nigeria back to Dubai and to Washington. We had to purchased $3,302.12 another one-way return tickets back to US with British Airways to leave Nigeria on Sunday March 28th 2021. I went thru a hard time for this airline to get refund for our return ticket and they only return a very little amount ($388.95) for each person for the return ticket.

I have been trying to submit a formal complaint online as advised by the customer service for Emirates to compensate us on our return tickets with British Airways and for all the trouble we went through. However, I could not get the online complaint submitted. I have tried 3 different browsers, different laptops but still unable to submit the formal complaint and the customer service is not helping either. I am very disappointed that Emirates airline could treat their customers like piece of garbage, left them stranded with any reason(s) and not endorsing our ticket with other airlines to take us out of Africa. Will never fly this airline again. Emirates Flight Details. EK784 Lagos-Dubai - March 28th 2021. EK231 Dubai-Washington - March 30th 2021. Emirates Ticket number **.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

Today My mum had a flight from Dubai to Bahrain. The ladies at the "Assisted Passenger Department" at Terminal 3, named as "Sheikha" and " Fatima" were ridiculously rude. this transpired at 1:30 pm. They refused to give my mum (an elderly passenger) a wheelchair. We had to argue and fight to get a wheelchair. They seriously need training in being HUMBLE, and in having a friendly TONE OF VOICE. Their EGO, pride and arrogance precede customer service. It seems like they are on a one-on-one battle with the passengers to see who would be victorious in raising their voice. EMIRATES AIRLINES, Please train your staff on the etiquette of speaking.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Two years ago I booked a ticket from US to Karachi. After paying for the non-refundable ticket (with no options of making any changes), another window opens up and ask for select seats. The round trip involved 4 flights and for every seat there is a cost. At this point you have no choice but to pay for the seats since you already paid for the ticket. They should ask the seat question before the final payment so you can see the total with seats and compare with other airlines.

Now (2021) they come up with another nice trick to cheat people. I booked airline ticket for travel in February from Washington DC to Karachi, round trip. In this route every airline gives you 2 free checked bags. Also I have never heard that on the same itinerary one way 2 free bags and return is only one bag. I booked my tickets directly from the Emirates website and they allow 2 bags/person going from DC to KHI but for coming back from KHI to DC, they allowed only one bag. Smart move to make money!. So if you are a family of 3, taking 6 bags, you need to pay for 3 bags while coming back, that is $250/bag.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Hi, I had taken the flight on 8th feb 2021 from Bangalore to Dubai. I was 11 weeks pregnant the time I boarded the flight and was alone. I had 6 kgs extra luggage but I didn't carry any hand luggage but they made me to transfer the 6 kgs to my handbag and made me to carry it. I requested so much that I’m in initial pregnancy with great risk I’m traveling. I’m not suppose to carry weights but they had no mercy. I even showed all my recent pregnancy documents for them for clarity but they were so merciless. Made me carry that heavy bag throughout my journey. We are not carrying any extra weight on plane. Please have some mercy for pregnant ladies to put their handbag in check in.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Comments 1: Dear Emirates team, I would like to submit this official complaint on the handling of your staff earlier. I had a flight to Cairo today, and I wasn’t accepted on the flight due to the lack of the EVisa, which I don’t require. Apparently in your system it is written that Montenegrin citizens need EVisa to enter Cairo, which is not the situation at all. I flew to Cairo in September for 7 days, and again in October for 10 days, I flew with Turkish Airlines and I never experienced the same issue as with your staff. Your staff said that your system updates regularly, but the last changes were made in July 2020, so obviously I flew after that period of time, and I was able to obtain the Entry Visa Fee, due to my Nationality doesn’t need the visa. So there are 2 options, option 1 to get the E Visa, option 2 to get it on the airport, as I used to do in the past 3 months.

When I was waiting for the answer, am I gonna be accepted on the flight or no, I was suggested by your employees to get the ticket from Cairo to Jeddah, cuz then they ‘might’ let me in. Note that I am a resident in Jeddah. I was just about to enter my OTP when one of the girls told me, "No, we can’t accept you." What if I’ve gotten it, just in a second of time? Even one of the ladies whose name is Andrea (refused to give me her last name) with her male colleague whose name I didn’t get actually called your staff in Cairo airport, the girl name they spoke to is Rehab (as Andrea didn’t know the name at first, and after my suggestion found it, but still didn’t know the right spelling even tho I told her I need it for the complaint). They said that I need an EVisa as well.

On official site of Wikipedia, and Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Montenegro it is clearly stated that there are 2 options, that we can get it on entry, as I did 2 times already. I missed an important event in Cairo due to this mistake, and enormous amount of stress, as well as extra expenses for my extra stay in Dubai, and application for an EVisa, and additional PCR test. I am traumatized by this experience, and lack of knowledge, and understanding. One of the comments that I found truly unprofessional was that I should just wait couple of days until my Visa gets approved, stating 'why don’t you just wait, and after couple of days fly again’ In which I answered, "Thank you very much for your suggestion," but if I didn’t have the need to be in Cairo in certain time, maybe I would accept her advice. Kindly find the attached. Thank you for your time, and I’m expecting a prompt response with this complaint.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

We flew with a fully loaded Emirates plane to Dubai and choose this carrier because of the FREE covid insurance for ALL customers. We were negative tested before and now have Covid all. Now they say it’s not covered for residents only tourists. So not ALL CUSTOMERS. Thanks Emirates for this empty promise. Next time KLM again.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

VERY annoyed with Emirates. I bought tickets to Mauritius for December, paid in pounds sterling. They cancelled their flight. They refunded in US dollars instead of Pounds sterling and refunded about 250 pounds less than what I paid. I am NOT flying with Emirates anymore. Their customer service are arrogant and unhelpful.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I had to cancel my flight due to the COVID-19 travel ban on February 6,2020. On that day, I called Emirates customer service in regard to the flight cancellation. Over the phone, their staff confirmed Emirates would issue a full refund of my ticket fee, so I followed the staff's instruction to refund my ticket online. However, after 2 or 3 weeks, I only got Airport tax back. I tried to contacted Customer Affairs through the live Chat and email. They just kept asked me to raise a complaint through their Website and never really solved my complaint.

In the past two months, they just kept asking me to raise the same complaint many times and provide support documents. I did what had been told and provided adequate evidence. Eventually, after 2 months, they just told me that they have nothing further to add other than to thank me for writing to them and suggested me to contact my insurance company! They never gave me a reasonable explanation for why I didn't get a full refund!! Very disappointing experience!!!!

Original review: March 30, 2020

My flights from Bengaluru to Dubai then to EWR have been suspended by Emirates but no response regarding full cash refund, it gives option of voucher which I don't want, I need to make credit card payment with which I made booking so need full cash refund. Please...

Emirates Company Information