2. Travel

Emirates

3.8/5 (322 ratings)

About Emirates

Emirates Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emirates?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emirates Airlines?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

If you use Emirates, you can stay without a ticket and without money. I had two tickets for this flight on 13 July. On 4 July, I was informed that Emirates had canceled the flight. I contacted Emirates customer services and asked about any alternative flight, and they answered that they could not do it. They proposed later flights on 16 July, but it was impossible for us because we had visas valid until 14 July. I told him about it. So, they suggested requesting a refund, I did it, but they refunded a small percentage of ticket costs. I had two two-way tickets that cost 800 USD each. They refunded 188 USD for one and 250 USD for another for one-way tickets. Then I knew that Emirates for such a canceled flight suggested Turkish airlines, but the customer service DID NOT suggest this option for me.

I have screenshots of these text messages. I am very disappointed that Emirates canceled the flight and did not suggest how to fly from departure to the final destination. Besides, they refunded not the full amount of one-way ticket costs. I wrote feedback-complaint several times to Emirates, and they answered that the flights had been canceled according to the OAE government and could not help me. I DON'T recommend using Emirates. Try to avoid this airline, because they can deceive you and say: "we are so sorry..." My booking references numbers are: **, **.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I have purchased ticket on August 18th for September 1st 2021 TICKET from Karachi to Istanbul. I did two PCR test as tickets are two. PCR test total cost 12000 PKR for Hashmani Lab. On 31st August I received email that my flight timings changed from 12:15 to 12:35. I packed my thing. I went for boarding. In a long line, after I reached there just couple of hours before departure they said, "We couldn't find your ticket in the system." I said how it is possible. They said go to next counter. On next counter woman said, "Your ticket canceled. We have no info. Call the call center." I have called call center and I asked why my ticket canceled. They said, "Your flight timings changed from Karachi to DXB so you couldn't meet transit time to IST flight so we canceled." Without any prior info or thing they have canceled.

Now they are rescheduling my flight to 11th of September. I have to bear PCR test 12000 PKR again. Apart of that my job is in jeopardy if I won't be able to join by 2nd September. Everyday my salary will be deducted and it is also another issue. Now they say do another flight, I booked 14 days ago so booking again immediate flight is 4 times expensive than what is price which I cannot afford (no one would). Emirates says it cannot do anything and whatever losses I will suffer it is my fate. Best they can do is reschedule on 11th.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Updated on 07/21/2021: They didn't treat us well and what they did was awful. After they canceled our flight and they said they gonna rebook another flight on the next day with no extra charge and it's guaranteed to find seats, we couldn't find seats till the next week plus they charged us $1400 extra. Also we had to book a hotel and rented car for that week which costed us more than $2000. They should reimburse me all these extra money, but they didn't even send an apology. I'm trying my best to sue. My whole family instead of enjoying the vacation, we spend a very bad week because of this terrible airline. That was my first and last time to use Emirates Airlines. I warn people to use it. Very rude customer service.

Original Review: I wish to give 0 star. Very rude customer service. They are not respectful at all. They didn't allow me and my whole family to get in the flight and they didn't even try to help me to fix the mistake to get in the flight. They were ignoring us while we were talking to them. They were not professional at all. They kept changing their words many time which mean that they don't know the rule. It was my first and last time time to use Emirates airlines. I will sue them to get my money. They charged me extra $1400 to rebook another flight although they are the one who canceled my flight and they told me it gonna be with no extra money.

Original review: June 27, 2021

Their customer service lady was rude and once I ask her to slow down to help me walk through and understand my itinerary, she got mad and told me to contact the travel agent. I simply asked to transfer the call to someone up the chain so that I can ask my question but she refused. I would not recommend travel with this airline and waste your money. Please stay away from them as their customer service folks are very rude and unsupportive.

Original review: June 26, 2021

I would like to share my experience of flying Emirates from San Francisco to Delhi via Dubai. Boarding from San Francisco was easy, only restriction to have weight of carry on needs to exact 8 kg or less than 8 kg. Our carry on bag was scaled for weight and allowed in to fly from SFO. We landed in Dubai and checked in again to start boarding. We were stopped to measure the carry on bag weight. The staff in Dubai was extreme rude, ill-mannered and disrespectful to deny the fact that the same carry on bag was allowed from origination point. Dubai staff did not allow the carry on bag with same weight. We were forced to take out almonds bag of 2 lbs and trash it which were carrying for my parents in Dubai. Our experience of flying using Emirates was awful. Be careful while flying with Emirates, they have different standards for passengers in USA and Dubai.

Original review: June 15, 2021

I had flight on Monday 6th of June with Emirates from USA SAN FRANCISCO to Mumbai India. When I reached airport at 3:30 they asked me to fill self declaration form my flight timing was 5:00 PM. I booked the flight in emergency because my mom was not feeling well in India. And I totally unaware about declaration form. I had my covid test with me. I re-head again airport at 4.15 with declaration form. One of my friend wants standing with airline officer who does checking. And when I reached with set declaration form they said now flight is closed you can’t go with very very rude language. There were more than 45 mins remaining.

One more this situation happened with me in emergency with different airlines there was just 15 min left to take off but they allow me. In this time I have explained them so many times my mom is not well I need to go but they said they can’t do anything even the senior officer was very rude and said bye to me. Their facial expressions was very unprofessional. They don’t have any politeness. They are providing us service but their behavior is dengour than Immigration officer. Then again I have rebooked my flight and called customer care to reconfirm everything and asked him about set declaration form and he said no it’s not require you just need Covid test only. They only don’t know what they want or what they don’t want. It’s a worst Airline service I have experienced. I will never travel with this Airline anymore. Worst Service ever.

Original review: May 8, 2021

I wanted to inquire what the cancellation policy is in case I bought the ticket through a travel agency. I called the customer service number for USA. The guy who answered already sounded annoyed. I just asked a simple question about the policy and he started getting really passive aggressive. I didn't extend the conversation and hung up but it's really disappointing that an airlines with such good reputation doesn't seem to maintain proper standards that their employees should abide by when having a conversation with customers. I understand that these people are probably overworked and underpaid but there must be some kind of quality control.

Original review: April 7, 2021

Our return tickets was canceled without any reason. We were left stranded in Nigeria because you cannot endorsed our tickets with other airlines to take us out of Nigeria back to Dubai and to Washington. We had to purchased $3,302.12 another one-way return tickets back to US with British Airways to leave Nigeria on Sunday March 28th 2021. I went thru a hard time for this airline to get refund for our return ticket and they only return a very little amount ($388.95) for each person for the return ticket.

I have been trying to submit a formal complaint online as advised by the customer service for Emirates to compensate us on our return tickets with British Airways and for all the trouble we went through. However, I could not get the online complaint submitted. I have tried 3 different browsers, different laptops but still unable to submit the formal complaint and the customer service is not helping either. I am very disappointed that Emirates airline could treat their customers like piece of garbage, left them stranded with any reason(s) and not endorsing our ticket with other airlines to take us out of Africa. Will never fly this airline again. Emirates Flight Details. EK784 Lagos-Dubai - March 28th 2021. EK231 Dubai-Washington - March 30th 2021. Emirates Ticket number **.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

Today My mum had a flight from Dubai to Bahrain. The ladies at the "Assisted Passenger Department" at Terminal 3, named as "Sheikha" and " Fatima" were ridiculously rude. this transpired at 1:30 pm. They refused to give my mum (an elderly passenger) a wheelchair. We had to argue and fight to get a wheelchair. They seriously need training in being HUMBLE, and in having a friendly TONE OF VOICE. Their EGO, pride and arrogance precede customer service. It seems like they are on a one-on-one battle with the passengers to see who would be victorious in raising their voice. EMIRATES AIRLINES, Please train your staff on the etiquette of speaking.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Two years ago I booked a ticket from US to Karachi. After paying for the non-refundable ticket (with no options of making any changes), another window opens up and ask for select seats. The round trip involved 4 flights and for every seat there is a cost. At this point you have no choice but to pay for the seats since you already paid for the ticket. They should ask the seat question before the final payment so you can see the total with seats and compare with other airlines.

Now (2021) they come up with another nice trick to cheat people. I booked airline ticket for travel in February from Washington DC to Karachi, round trip. In this route every airline gives you 2 free checked bags. Also I have never heard that on the same itinerary one way 2 free bags and return is only one bag. I booked my tickets directly from the Emirates website and they allow 2 bags/person going from DC to KHI but for coming back from KHI to DC, they allowed only one bag. Smart move to make money!. So if you are a family of 3, taking 6 bags, you need to pay for 3 bags while coming back, that is $250/bag.

Emirates Company Information