Emirates

Compare Airlines

Research top Airlines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

On 19 Feb 2017, I was due to depart on Flight EK132 Moscow-Dubai and onward flight to Sydney. I arrived in Moscow Domodedovo airport at 9:30 PM, 2.5 hrs before my flight departure time of 11:55 PM. At the Emirates check-in counter, I had 2 pieces of check-in luggage, and 1 small carry-on luggage. After processing my 2 pieces of check-in luggage, within the carry-on luggage was my daughter's ice-skates that I was bringing to her to Sydney. I told the male counter staff about the ice-skates and later showed him, even suggested if he could arrange to put the ice skates in with my check-in luggage that had already gone. The male Emirates staff member said, "The ice skates could be taken on the plane with her without any worries."

Trouble started when I attempted to go through airport security with my carry-on luggage. I was told by airport security I could not take the ice skates with me on a plane. I explained that the Emirates counter staff member assured me that it will be allowed. Security was adamant. I requested to drop the ice-skates downstairs to my husband but was told to wait for an Emirates Representative to assist. I collected my carry-on bag, called my husband to wait to give him the ice-skates.

Time felt like it was passing quickly especially since my flight was leaving soon. About 20 minutes later, an Emirates supervisor arrived, finally. My flight was closing their gate in 30 minutes at this point and I was getting nervous about missing my flight. The Emirates supervisor took my boarding pass from me and escorted me back to the terminal. I requested he wait for me while I drop the ice-skates downstairs to my husband so that the supervisor could assist me with airport security again and get to my flight on time, given I had to wait for him for a long time in airport security. He said, OK. I quickly went downstairs to the public area to drop the ice skates to my husband. I returned and the supervisor was nowhere to be seen. I was faced with extra long queues at airport security which took another 20 mins to pass through.

I approached the Emirates flight gate only to be told that the gate is closed and my plane was already departing. There was three Emirates staff at the gate counter including the supervisor who originally escorted me from security, the counter staff who wrongfully advised me the ice-skates could be taken on the flight with my carry-on luggage and one other. The supervisor and another staff member came toward me and said, "Your flight left 10 minutes ago and your luggage was taken off the plane." The supervisor was unbelievably rude to me as he said this. I was completely shocked. The counter staff who wrongfully advised me then joined us. It was then the supervisor asked him if it was him that wrongfully advised me about the ice-skates on the plane, he was silent for about a minute. He then said, "Yes, I did." The supervisor then said, "Anyway, it's your fault!" as he pointed at me?!

The supervisor then took my boarding pass and was told to take this up with the Emirates Duty Manager. I was given a phone number to contact and they left without any further help. It was now 12:10 am, 20th February at the International airport. I was told I could not retrieve my luggage until I see the Emirates manager who wasn't returning to the airport until 9 am?? I said, "what do I do now and without my luggage?" The supervisor said, "It's not my problem. You have to see the manager."

I went to the waiting area, attempted to call the Manager and after many attempts over the past hour, there was no answer. I again, sort help with Emirates ground staff back at the check-in area/customer service but all I received was rude and unhelpful answers. With no public bus/train transport available at that time and no help from staff, I had to stay at the airport until the manager was to arrive at 9 am the next morning!!! I am a 56-year-old woman, traveling alone that normally requires airline staff assistance on long-haul flights. I started to panic.

My daughter (living in Sydney) was due to give birth to her second child and was the main reason for traveling to Sydney. I called my daughter approx. 1:30 am (8.30 am Sydney AU time) to relay the sequence of events. My daughter and her husband called Emirates in Sydney after learning of my experience and the dismal service I had received in Moscow. My daughter managed to secure another flight but ended up paying an additional AU$400.00 to exchange my ticket for a flight departing at 11:55 pm on 20th February. It took about 2 hours to resolve the change of tickets.

The Emirates Sydney staff could not believe what had happened to me from Emirates staff in Moscow and said they would need to investigate further. There was no help from Emirates staff in Moscow nor did they want to help, dismissing me to see the manager when he arrives at 9 am! Given my husband was working, and there was limited public transportation available I ended up having no choice but to stay in the airport public waiting area until the manager arrived. I was so distressed that I hardly slept.

At 9 am I returned to the Emirates check-in area and requested to see the manager to retrieve my luggage. The Emirates counter staff were different than the staff from the night before. I explained the situation again, and couldn't believe this staff member was just as rude as those the night before. It felt like Emirates Customer Service was completely non-existent in Moscow compared to other cities I have experienced. The staff member said in such a sour tone, "Go to level 3 to retrieve your luggage and wait for manager." I took the lift to Level 3 and waited for the manager. I was calling him for an hour but did not arrive.

In an unexpected turn of events, a cleaner passed by who overheard my attempts to calling the manager. She said, "Don't wait for Manager, go see the Director" pointing to the Director of Emirates office on Level 3. "Go see him and tell him about what happened to you," she said. I went to his office and managed to see the Director. I then explained my situation. I was interrupted as my daughter was calling me at the same time. After briefly speaking to my daughter I then passed the phone to the Director to continue my discussion with the Director. My daughter is a seasoned traveler and frequent flyer of several international airlines and was well-informed from Emirates Australia of its ground staff procedures.

The Director was helpful and empathised with us but also, he wasn't surprised about my experiences with the ground staff I referred to. He said, "I'm aware of the staff you talk about and I will report your matter, investigate and recommend compensation to you." The Director had arranged for an Emirates staff member to help collect my luggage from Airport storage area but I was charged $70 because of the Emirates supervisor placing there the night before instead of giving to me. He also suggested that I stay at an airport hotel until her flight just to get some rest but it was at my own expense. I decided to contact my husband at that point to come collect me and we went home. My husband had to take a day off work to help with transport and collect luggage. I returned at 9:30 pm that night and departed at 11:55 pm without issues.

Given the sequence of events and the generally poor customer experience received by Emirates Staff with the exception of the Emirates Director, I sort full compensation of all fares including the additional $400 to change my ticket to the next available flight, punitive damages for the undue stress related to having to stay in a public waiting area in the middle of night and for the lack of Duty of Care toward a Emirates passenger and customer.

Good evening. To make a long story short you will find below a summary of the case. On January 2015 I made a journey on EMIRATES. I had booked (paid) this journey in FIRST CLASS from CDG > DXB > CMB > DXB > LYS (from PARIS to COLOMBO and return to LYON after a stopover in DUBAI). On the two return flights from CMB to DXB (2015 February 12) and from DXB to LYS (2015 February 19), EMIRATES made aircraft swap (without warning and without any technical reason). EMIRATES put a 2 cabins B 777-300 (BIZ & ECO) instead of 3 cabins B 777-300 (FIRST, BIZ, & ECO).

So, I was downgraded twice (at different days and on different flights). I asked EMIRATES the refund of the difference of fares (half one of the difference of ticket prices between FIRST and BIZ as half of the journey had been downgraded). Ticket differences (FIRST/BIZ with A/I fare basis code letters) was 2,000 € (for the whole journey). So I asked EMIRATES a refund of 1,000 € (about 950 $).

EMIRATES denied it and made a refund of only 500 € (about 425 $). EMIRATES explained they gave also loyalty skywards for the inconvenience. I did not wanted any loyalty skywards but the correct refund. Thanks god. I had kept some screen copies of the date (2014 October 2) of my bookings (where I checked prices in FIRST and BUSINESS).

The affair lasts two years! I had to send the case in French court. Finally, on 2016 December 16, the French court in PARIS (Juridiction de Proximite of PARIS 8) said that EMIRATES was guilty and had to refund the actual difference of fares (total of 1 000 € as I asked). EMIRATES, too, was condemned (by the court) to pay for part of my expenses to rule the case in court.

While studying on this file I discovered how EMIRATES tried not to refund a fair difference when downgrading (to its passengers and customers) and how EMIRATES seems to have shocking aircraft swap when EMIRATES has in mind that there is too few FIRST CLASS passengers scheduled (booked) on the involved flights. I shall be glad answer by mail to everyone who would like to have the full details and explanation.

I am writing to advise of the horrible ordeal my family had to put up when checking in on the 2 March 2017 for the flight at EK764 at 19:05 traveling to Dublin Ireland via Dubai. Upon checking in they were not allowed to board the flight without getting authorisation from the Irish Embassy. They were asked to wait when they tried to check in a few hours before check in, they waited whilst 3 staff members asked them the same thing and they had to repeat themselves. Staff in the Johannesburg Emirates office were absolutely stubborn and unhelpful. They made my family wait for so long that even they did not board the plane because the staff at emirates where unhelpful that they were not giving a helpful hand to my family and elderly grandmother who is not mobile, she had to wait in the airport for 8 hours in which after only five hours they were given clearance to fly in which they had a six-hour stopover in Dubai.

They waited for so long and to be told they had to pay extra for their new flight which left at 22:00. In the first place I bought my family's tickets due to it being expensive and they expected my family to pay extra money and on top have such a long wait. Where do they expect my family to get money from? I asked to pay over the phone in which they declined, the staff was totally arrogant and disgraceful with no mercy for their travelers. If that was the case my family would have bought their own tickets if they could have afforded it.

My old grandmother had to wait in the airport for 8 hours before she could board her flight, she is not able to walk hence I got a wheelchair assist and she highly ill. Your staff at Emirates did not even organize the wheelchair assist so she had to walk in Dubai along with a six-hour stopover.On top they had to pay extra irrespective of a long stopover. The food on board Emirates to Dubai was horrendous, who serves ice cold croissant for breakfast?

I am totally dismayed that the staff at Emirates Johannesburg are rude arrogant and unhelpful towards your paying clients, they don't even assist, they won't even go the extra mile to get clarification for people trying to get onto flights which was booked for them rather they leave them wandering for information and trying to speak with your staff who don't even want to give them feedback. My family had to keep asking your staff for any feedback and they won't even come by to give them the slightest information.

If I wanted my family to have this inconvenience then I would not have chosen the no 1 airline emirates or as what you guys think because if your company gave excellent service my family would not have spent over 24 hours at airports waiting for their planes or the slightest answer. The service given at OR Tambo is pathetic that they don't take heed to international guest especially the old guest who needs assistance rather they keep them waiting for long hours, staff are not doing. I am looking for answers to my query and my family be treated with respect!

Hi all, I suggest no one to travel with Emirates as the customer service for cancelling ticket and other issues was worst. Etihad was better, I would prefer to anyone, cancellation policy, etc was better in Etihad than Emirates. I should have given a review of minus but it was not there.

I am writing to share my experience with Emirates during my journey from Canada - Dubai - Karachi- Dubai- Canada and had chosen Emirates as my airline being one of the best airlines. To begin with I started my journey from Canada where I had called the customer service to get a seat with extra leg room as I was unable to book a seat online. They informed me that could not be done and could be done at the airport at the time of check in. Therefore I requested the agent to put a note on my file. I checked in online a day before the flight and reached the airport three hours before my flight time and the lady at the baggage drop-off did not show any cooperation in changing my seat.

My next flight was from Dubai to Karachi, which ended up being much frustrating than I could have imagined. I had checked in and was at the airport travelling along with my mom. She got sick and had to use the washroom in front of the boarding gate. The time of the gate's closing was 9:10 and we were at the washroom at 9:00. There were no announcements being made or no final calls. We were at the gate just at 9:10 and the supervisor in charge of the flight stood up in arrogance raising her voice saying "you are late. Take the next flight," walked off and shut the door. I was shocked by the attitude and reaction of the staff at the airport. No one was willing to listen or speak. They threw off our baggage off the plane and one of my bags was damaged.

I moved to the transfer desk where they asked me to pay a no-show penalty of $600 for my ticket and $200 for my mom's ticket. I requested if they could waive off or reduce the amount after explaining the situation but no one seemed cooperative to even listen or suggest a solution. They insisted to pay the amount and call and make reservations for the next flight. Even the supervisor at the desk said that she was given no authority and could do anything even if she wanted to help. The staff seemed frustrated and were rude. It took me two hours to book the next flight after paying the penalty.

On my next flight from Karachi back to Dubai at 5:30. After the plane landed we had to get off the stairs and take a bus to the terminal which was a 25-minute ride with no seating arrangement and crowded buses. I managed to reach my gate just an hour before my next flight to Toronto after taking the bus and metro from the plane. Another unexpected surprise from Emirates was that the power went off on the plane just before take off. It took off 2 hours later. After we landed in Toronto since our flight was delayed we had a problem taxiing the plane and had to wait for another hour. This delay at the airline's end and no compensation for the passengers? I would also like to highlight that the cabin crew were rude.

I always choose Emirates over airlines due to their exceptional service but this time around it was the opposite. I would like to request a reimbursement for the no-show penalty as I was already at the airport and had checked in with the baggage and just a few minutes hardly 5 minutes, away from the boarding gate. I would also request Emirates to look into customer service matters as all staff seemed frustrated and agitated. I see Emirates as my best Airline and would like it to remain as one of the best and would look forward to hear from you soon addressing my concerns.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emirates Airlines?

I'm a regular customer of Emirates. My family and I travel to Uganda at least two times a year and every time we get very good service apart from this time round. I do understand it's a busy season but that's no excuse for the service I received. I just thank God that this time I wasn't with my children. I was meant to fly out of Uganda on the 10th January 2017. My flight was for 3:20 pm. I checked in online the night before so all I had to do is drop my bags and get my boarding pass.

I showed up at the airport at 2 pm. When I showed up I was told that gates are closed. I tried to explain to the man that I checked in online. I just need to drop my bags and get my boarding pass. But he didn't want to hear what I had to say and sent me to the Emirates offices upstairs. When I got there only had one person working and a lot of passengers. It took at least 45 minutes to attend to one person. At 3 pm we could hear Emirates calling passengers and on the screens the boarding gates was just opening. In fact the flight didn't leave on time. Someone else came in the office to help out at around 4 pm. I was seen to and I was put on a flight for the 13 January 2017 but I had to pay a fee for not showing up and to be booked on the flight altogether I paid just over 261.

I don't understand why I was charged for not showing up when all of this was down at the airport where I was and I checked in online. I showed up on time. I should have been put on that flight. I missed work. I was meant to go back to work on the 11 January 2017. However I called your customers services team to speak to them about what had happen and the response I got was so bad. She said to me "yesterday we left 50 people. Today it's only 40 people. It's not that bad". I was shocked by her response because I work for customer relations and that's not how I was trained to speak to our customers, wrong or right. I really love Emirates so do my children. But I think something should be done about the service during busy season.

I was not sure to whom to approach to address my bad experience flying from Trivandrum to Munich via Dubai with EK521 & EK049 on 13.01 through 14.01.2017. We, my partner & me, Economy class passengers had allowance of 60 kilo luggage. At the Airport in Trivandrum we handed over 4 pieces of luggage weighing 45 kilos and had hand luggage 17 kilo (2 cabin suitcase and a handbag). At Trivandrum the weighing process for all passenger flying with EK521 was disabled due to certain unknown Luggage band function. We were requested to place the luggage on the band, where the luggage from all former passenger was laid. The person at the counter just made notes of our maximum allowed weight (which we believe was done for all passengers).

All went well until we came to the next check-in at Dubai. Here, we were asked to give away 1 hand luggage as 17 kilo (2 suitcase & 1 handbag) was no go for 2 passengers together. We argued and explained our whole situation longer than an hour, sadly with no understanding from the counter personnels who would not allow us to fly until and unless we gave away one of our cabin suitcase with a payment of €348. This experience was too harsh and unfair, to pay such a high amount though we had no extra weight at all. With bleeding heart and tears in our eyes, we paid the amount in order not to miss our flight due to an appointment we had in Munich on the same day. Is there any chance you could look onto this issue if mine? I would be grateful to you if in any way you could investigate on this and if I have a justice. Thanking you in advance for your time.

I have emirates flight from Dubai to Seattle and I was told at the time of booking that there is bassinet seat available as I am traveling with infant. But after booking the flight emirates is telling me they don't have bassinet available and I am forced to travel with infant in hand on a 14 hrs flight and not giving me different flight and asking me 600 USD to change itinerary. This is a exploitation. How am I suppose to carry infant in flight for 14 hrs without sleeping... and will emirates take responsibility if baby slip out of my hand if I fall asleep?

To Whom It May Concern: I flew Emirates flight on the 20/11/16 from Denpasar to Dubai; I had the option to book Qatar airlines but I chose Emirates because of the commercials and services that you claim to provide on your flights. I am disappointed to say that my experience on Emirates was far from what you advertise and I was abused by one of your flight attendants named Katarina who was on the flight from Denpasar to Dubai. I paid for an allocated seat prior to boarding the flight but I was offered an emergency seat when we were checking in.

When I was sat on the flight, I put all my belongings away as I was instructed. So I sat up and decided to watch the passenger TV that is attached to my seat as all passengers were watching their TV screen so I thought it was fine. I had my Bose quiet comfort headphones on to reduce the Aeroplane noise. While I was watching the TV, I saw that Katarina was saying something which I couldn't hear because of the headphones I had on and the sound of the flight; I then proceeded to take my headphones off to hear her better. While I was doing this, Katarina aggressively got up, grabbed the Monitor and abusively yanked and pulled it away from me and flicked it into the sideway of the seat. For a second I was completely confused and shocked by her actions that were uncalled for! I was very embarrassed and insulted, as I did not deserve that behavior or aggression from her.

I wasn't explained to that the TV on the seat couldn't be watched. I only understood that I could not have anything on my lap. I was not told that the TV could not be watched. Katarinas attitude and abuse on this flight was extremely unpleasant. Katarina went ahead to accuse me that I refused to fold away the TV; when I questioned her why she attacked me, she accused me and lied that I refused to put away the TV. The person sitting next to me jumped into my defense to say that I didn't refuse to fold the TV away.

This experience has put a bad taste in mouth. The attitude of your flight attendants are very appalling. (In addition to this, I also had some obnoxious flight attendants on my connection flight from Dubai to London. Flight attendants were only interested in their fellow colleagues and didn't bother helping customers. These flight attendants loudly chatted amongst their peers acting as though the customers did not exist.) I understand that I didn't book a first class ticket to deserve a first class service, but I chose to spend my money on an Emirates flight ticket instead of other competitor who were very well flying the same way, the same price even cheaper!

I chose Emirates because I thought I was going to receive an amazing service and I was very insulted by this experience. During this flight, I was so hurt that I didn't watch the TV for the entire 8 hours of my flight to Dubai. If this is the way your flight attendants are going to treat passengers, your company shouldn't be allowed to operate commercial flights because the services isn't fit or safe and lacks comfort for people. Frankly I would not recommend your flight to anyone. This is an experience that my partner and I pray to forget.

I enjoyed flying until I flew Emirates Airlines. Unfortunately your top service that you so freely market to the mass is unfortunately either a scam, a false advertisement or it's only exclusively for first class passengers. I ask that I be compensated for my entire trip; Katarina is asked to personally apologize and punished. This behavior shouldn't be tolerated and I fear that she will carry on and do this to future customers.

I had to fly from HYD - Dubai - Boston by Emirates and then to Detroit. Initially I had a problem with one carry in bag as at the time of checking they told me I could not carry one carry in bag and laptop bag separate as per their rules. So I had to check in my cabin bag & just carry laptop bag with me. To my surprise I saw many people carrying separate cabin bag & laptop bag at the gate, how were they allowed by same airline crew!!! The flight from Dubai to Boston was delayed and hence landing in Boston got delayed too (flight landing was way too jerking). It took more than an hr to get the gate allocated and unboard us. In this process we missed our next connecting flight to Detroit and we got the next flight to fly to Detroit 30 hrs later!!!

For just 2.5 hrs journey from Boston to DTW I was stranded for 30 hrs. :( This was situation of almost 25-30! Passengers and they did not have seats in other flight nor they arranged any other flight for this group. When I contacted customer service they told me I cannot get reimbursement if I were to book alternate flight on my own for earlier schedule. I would recommend *DO NOT* to fly with Emirates & specifically from Boston as similar experience was shared with me by couple of other friends but I didn't have many options with dates, routes, etc..

On the 8th December 2016, we reported at check in point at 17:00 hours for Emirates in OR Tambo Airport, intending to fly to London via Dubai. We were traveling as a family. The purpose of the visit was to check on my daughter who is studying in London School of Economics and Political Science. We checked in and we were given the BOARDING PASSES and proceeded to the Boarding Gates.

At the Boarding Gates we were told the following stories: "Golebapelo ** would not be allowed to go to London because she was in London in September 2016, therefore the officer said she has no valid reason to go to London." I and my daughter were told we cannot go since it is the first time that we are going to London. We were told to produce Bank Statements, Invitation Letter to London, Proof of Accommodation in London, Copy of the Passport for the person we are visiting and Traveling Insurance Certificate.

According to United Kingdom requirements; as Botswana we need no Visa to UK. We only need Bank Statements, Invitation Letter from the person you are visiting and prove of Accommodation in UK which we all had and presented at the time. This did not satisfy the officer as he further wanted the traveling insurance. We were then told to wait for our luggage as they removed it from the flight.

We then proceeded to Ticket Sale office where we asked to see the manager. We narrated our story to her standing in front of the office as she could not offer us any seat or talk to us in her office. She appeared to be very busy and less interested in our problem. She quickly called the supervisor and they talked amongst themselves after which she disappeared leaving us still standing where she left us. We later asked one of the officers where this lady is as we were still waiting for her response. We were told she says she cannot help us.

We went to South African Airline office and they told us their flight had already left for London. We checked on online and book the flight for the following day Flight Number SA 236. We gave them the same documents and they allowed us to go. We arrived in London Heathrow at 07:20 hours on the 10th December 2016. We had no problem with the Immigration and we are still in London. We are therefore demanding compensation for the THREE TICKECTS including accommodation expenses for that night which R3, 380.70.

We booked a Emirates flight from Washington Dulles to Hyderabad, India and are supposed to travel on December 6th(EK823) from IAD. We checked in the luggage and boarded the flight at 10:00 am. At 11:30 the pilot announced that one generator is not working and the ground crew is coming to inspect. The crew came and inspected which took 2 hours. At 2:30 pm, pilot again announced that the passengers have to deplane and food will be served at the gates. We reached the gates (800 passengers) and it was a mess. They gave vouchers at 4:00. They said the flight was canceled and asked us to take the luggage. We reached the carousel to take the luggage at 4:15 pm. We waited until 6:30pm to get the luggage. We got two bags after a horrible wait of 11/2 hours.

Some employee came and told the rest of the luggage is at another baggage claim area. We ran there to collect our other baggage. The officials made arrangements to give vouchers at 8:30 pm to all saying that the flight was booked the next day. We went home tired and frustrated after a ordeal of 12 hours at the airport. We went back to airport on December 7th and after a wait of two hours they said the flight was canceled. This is unbelievable. All the passengers were again stranded and they said that contact the 1-800 number for refunds. This is the worst ever customer care from an airlines I ever saw. I will never travel again and suggest all to be careful in going with Emirates.

So I was travelling from Mumbai to IAD via Dubai and had few hours of layover at Dubai. After enjoying few hours at Dubai when I got in the airport, they checked weight of my carry on luggage and informed me that I cannot carry the bag as it's over 2-3 kgs of allowed 7 kgs. I asked them what are my options and the only options I had was to throw extra stuff and garbage or check in carry on bag with important documents and valuables. I mentioned to them that it's important for me to carry the bag with me and also paying over $180 bag was just not reasonable.

At the transit airport there are absolutely no options. I approached the manager and he was too rude. If this guy wants to enforce any rules they should do it across all the airports. This kind of rules at transit airport puts someone into big difficult situation. More than money I paid to check in the bag, I am frustrated that they do not have any concept of customer service at the airport and manager was too rude.

While on a Emirates Air flight from Kennedy Airport to Dubai, en route to Thailand, on 11/24/16 I was using the commode. Sewage began seeping up through the floor. It happened so fast that before I could stand up my socks were soaked in the muck! I bolted out of the closet sized cubby into the main cabin to finish buttoning my pants, in time to see the mess oozing out under the toilet door. I told our flight attendant about the problem but was not asked if I was ok, apologised to, or address about it. Can't believe the lack of care for their customers. To boot, they misplaced my bag for about 22 hours (just short of the 24 hour threshold for compensation). NEVER going to travel that cattle car carrier again. Seat spacing is soooo unhealthily tight. There should be a rule about how close is too close.

I've traveled to 24 different countries and flown on many different airlines and I was excited to fly on Emirates for the first time. I chose Emirates thinking it would be a good experience but I was completely wrong and not only will we NEVER fly Emirates again but I'm warning all my friends and family to use any other airline BUT Emirates. My husband and I were going to Africa for a safari. They changed our initial flight and we had to stay the night in Dubai. (First time, ok, we're still excited for our trip.) Staying in Dubai was an experience too because we had to "prove" we were married to stay in the same hotel room?!? Then flying back from our awesome vacation, our flight from Capetown to Dubai (heading for Seattle as last destination), left two hours late.

We initially saw this on their website but when we asked a rep at the gate they told us not to pay attention to the website because it's always wrong. But NO we left over two hours late. Nobody knows what is going on and everyone was extremely rude when asked anything! Anyway, we get to the gate in Dubai for our connecting flight to Seattle an hour early (because that flight was running late too!) The extremely rude gatekeeper said we were bumped because they didn't think we would have made the flight! What!?! This was AFTER we were told to come to this gate for our flight by another Emirates Representative. So we go to their "connections" counter and a Supervisor there asked us why were we there when the Seattle flight hadn't even left yet.

We told him what "rude gatekeeper" said and he told us she was wrong and told us to go back to the gate and get on our flight. So, that is what we did so now we're heading back to the gate AGAIN. Now frustrated and sweaty from running back and forth and again she wave her hand and told us we couldn't get on the plane and a supervisor cannot tell us if we can get on a flight or not. This time I finally addressed her rude and short demeanor and reminded her that even though we are foreigners we paid good money and should be at least treated better than being shooed away by a wave of her hand! It was ONLY then that she looked us in the eye and was slightly kinder. We went back to the connections desk to find out the next flight out wasn't until 3:00 AM next morning.

DO NOT use this airline unless you have a lot of extra time to kill. I spoke with a woman who said she has to use them for her work travels and they are always like this! Why be so arrogant? You work for an airline, you are not saving lives and isn't customer service all you have to offer that distinguishes you from your competitors? It's was a horrible experience and having to go back and forth through Dubai's airport was equally frustrating. Either everyone in this country that I was excited about is angry or they just think they are better than everyone else because it seems like they all hate their jobs or just the human race!?

What an awful airline! I'm not surprised at the one star rating. Let me add my penny's worth! Emirates have this system of being able to make bank transfers via some agent called Global BV. The idea is you send the exact payment to their bank account with a reference number and bingo your ticket is issued... Supposedly! Be very wary indeed because the ** will rip you off good style with some outrageous 'bank charge' to receive the money even though you've paid all necessary transaction fees to your bank! Customer service is a joke in the main, although there are one or two 'nice' folk there. Overall, having used most of the world's airlines to flit around the world, I wouldn't really recommend Emirates for comfort, service, value or decency.

My father of 86 years and myself booked a flight to Brisbane. We had asked for a wheelchair to assist on arriving at the airport which we had to sit and wait there for our flight that was all fine. He was wheelchaired to the plain which was great but the flight was late taking off which was a minor thing. Once we got close to arrival we had to fill in the normal forms but my father filled it in wrong so asked 3 stewardesses to pass us another form. Was very polite but never received a new form.

We landed and waited for the wheelchair to arrive. Saw a steward pushing one up to business class side and asked was that was for my father and got a sharp answer 'no'. We waited and waited no chair arrived so I had to struggle with my father down the long walk to get to customs. The problem is my dad a few years back had a double hip replacement and could not walk a long distance. As we approached the first escalator my dad was near tears in agony of the hard pressure on his hips and back. Lucky I found a wheelchair against the wall so grabbed it and wheeled him down to customs. We got through it, took us an hour or just under to get to that point so I complained to customs and we had to wait at the security desk for another. Our security was very concerned about our dilemma and informed us that he had contacted Emirates and they had to bring a wheelchair up to get us out of airport. With this we waited again.

Finally they arrived and the same steward that I asked at leaving the plane was bringing a wheelchair. The thing is I had a swollen foot from an injury from the night before our flight and here I am helping my father with my injury. Does not feel good with the service we received. I had been informed by my friends and family that Emirates flights are the best as this was the second time I have ever flown in 30 years. The reason it has taken me so long to make a complaint is my family and friends moved me out of the old address and into my new address while I was traveling in Australia and I have only found my itinerary/e-ticket with information of flights. I have this form but don't know how to send. Can you forward your address and will send you the copy as I'm not computer savvy. My Passport is under my maiden name would love to hear back from you as I am of senior age as well.

First of all I don't expect a reply like this after waiting for approximately forty days after filing a complaint. As you have said "We certainly do agree that our policy should be administered consistently with all our airports and consequently, we have shared your comments with the respective Kolkata Airport Manager for internal review and assessment".

On the above statement I wanted to comment that it should have been implemented beforehand. If it is not yet done then it's solely the concern of Emirates. Here I want to mention that why a passenger should suffer for it? Emirates baggage policies should be unique at each and every airport. Why is such harassment taking place in a mid way? What would have happened if a passenger would not have enough money to pay for the extra baggage in a foreign country? Do you expect that the person should not board the flight in that case? The person has to be stopped in the base location itself so that they can handover the extra luggage to their relatives in his/her base location. Why such policies in the mid way?

I have been made to pay extra dollars which I could have completely avoided if your team Emirates would have enforced the baggage policies in Kolkata Airport itself. Can you compensate me for the loss of money which happened solely because your policies vary from airport to airport. Why the passenger should suffer for the mistakes made by Emirates?

I'm so sorry to be handled like this. I booked it's because my only option. The time gap on transit is 14 hour from 8 pm to 10:40 am. First the ticket office trick me that I can't have a hotel, because my ticket is under 900 USD ("that what they said for the poor country"). Then the Emirates office in Addis Ababa told me as if they will give me three meal vouchers, 1 for every 4 hour. But when I get in the terminal they only gave me 1 voucher. Then when I ask the Emirates counter they told me it already been arranged by Emirates ticket office in Addis Ababa, and they will not change anything.

Another thing is do not reply back if you are thinking to cover it up or trick me for the 5th time. That's what they do. They all trick you just to fly then they don't give a ** about you and trick you just to live them alone. Also the blanket and the food is also yuck. They are just good for the 1st class. All the rest are junks. If you complain they'll listen you if you are rich otherwise you have no place in emirates.

Will never travel Emirates! I was a loyal passenger of Emirates for over a decade and witnessed the decline of this once great Airliner. Out of about 15 long-haul travels with Emirates for last 10+ years, I was stopped at the boarding gate by an Emirates Staff in an unprofessional manner in Toronto on October 21, 2016 (EK242). I was told that I have to leave my small laptop bag as the checked in luggage. I had small carry on weighing 6.2 kg in addition to my laptop bag. I requested that I put my laptop inside my carry on, but I was told that the limit for carry on is 7 Kg including laptop. So, I'll exceed the weight and will have no other choice but to check in my laptop.

I wanted to talk to the Supervisor. The supervisor showed up, PATTY by name. She was even worse, as a matter of fact the worst customer service I ever received from an Airliner staff and that too at a supervisory/managerial level. Long story short, I had to check in my laptop bag along with my laptop. But I cannot forget the bigotry and racism PATTY displayed. She was like the 'Lady Donald Trump' of the Toronto Pearson. She was so racist that she was sadistically enjoying the misery and inconvenience she created for me and people of my colour. I deeply abhor such behaviour. I hope Emirates would take care of such racist.

Again, at the Dubai airport on the same journey on Oct 23, 2016 (Flight EK582), the ground stuff compelled me to book my only carry on, because I bought some showpiece in Dubai Duty Free and put it inside by carry on, thus increasing the weight from 6.2 to 9.5. They wouldn't listen to any logic whatsoever. I told them I had important documents inside the carry on and even I offered to pay for my 2.5 kg excess weight. But they did not listen to anything. 4 staff gathered around me and started almost bullying me. I told them that I'm entitled to get 1 carry on. But they rightly said that it should be within 7 kg. I showed them that I've bought some stuff from Duty Free and that I was allowed from Toronto to carry this. But one of the staff arrogantly said, "This is not Toronto, this is Dubai".

Anyway, they were stubborn, arrogant and stupid. So you can imagine what customer service I (or anyone) did receive. My whole journey was a mess for these unprofessional staff of Emirates, PATTY was the worst and the 4 other at Dubai are close second! I will never never ever fly Emirates. In contrast, my experience with Etihad, Qatar, and Turkish Airlines were way superior. I can see that Emirates is GOING DOWN for sure, just a matter of time.

WARNING!!! What happened with me when Emirates flight had a long layover in Dubai on 28th October 2016. This review is not much for the airline comfort but for the Emirates airline staff in Dubai. We had a long layover (7 hrs) at the Dubai Airport while traveling from Rome to Mumbai. Me and my friend were traveling. While calling for boarding the ground staff forced us to put both of our small hand baggage (a small carry-on suitcase and a bag), which were lightweight and perfectly within the legal dimensions approved by the airline as we had carried it with no problem from Rome to Dubai. They forced us to do that on the basis that the flight was full on the pretext of Diwali whereas there was enough space to keep the baggage on the overhead cabins while we actually boarded the flight. It's not that they didn't allow us to take anything with us, they had asked us to empty the bags so that we can take our fragile things along with us in small packets.

Particularly those two bags came in the very end after a long wait at the luggage collection in Mumbai. At home when we opened them, we figured out the real massacre. The bags were both full of alcohol smell and all the important documents and books and clothes were soaked in alcohol. As I have mentioned earlier, our bags were empty with some official documents and books kept in them with no trace of alcohols. But now everything is soaked in alcohol and all the documents are stained and turned into waste materials along with discolored files and folders and most importantly our books with stains of alcohol spoiling them for life. The big question is Where did this alcohol came from? I hope the readers can decipher the real reason that why the bags were taken from us and were also emptied before handing it over to them.

I don't know if anything can be done regarding this. But my main motto for writing the review is that the passengers should definitely lock their handbags to tackle a situation like this. Also one should challenge the ground staff about the legal dimensions that is mentioned by the air carrier to carry cabin bags and ask them to allow the hand bags. I share this cause I want to create awareness about this extremely unethical behavior by Emirates.

My parents, both elderly were off loaded from the flight EK565, booking ref no. ** ticket number **, today stating my father's name is not same in his passport and visa. However, I got all the documents verified at Doha Foreign Affairs and Emigration Department and at Emirates office in Doha. They did not find any misinformation in the travel documents. Both my parents, senior citizens, had to go through lot of mental stress and mishandling by the flight personnel. And would like to take this matter to the utmost escalation level possible to claim for the trauma and mental damages that they incurred due to this. We have all the necessary documents and proofs with us.

I flew with Emirates for a project I was working on in Kenya. I checked in about 5 or 6 cases. The guy checking myself and the rest of the crew in made the mistake of not tagging one of the pieces of luggage. I realized this only after arriving in Nairobi. The equipment was worth a nice chunk of change and I was making a $1200 rental off of it. I called Emirates at JFK as soon as I realized the error. I processed a claim and insisted that they find my luggage and ship it to me because I needed it for this job. I never heard from Emirates about it again and we had to source the equipment locally.

Anyway, I get back and I have to deal with finding this lost luggage. When I went to an Emirates rep he had no idea what I was talking about. No claim was filed or entered into the system. So I repeat all of the same information that I had told Emirates 2 weeks earlier when I first "filed the claim". The guy has no idea where it is and said I should go home and they would call me when they find it. I had already lost my trust of Emirates and I knew that if I did not find the luggage that day, I would never see it again. So I went to baggage claim and found it instantly. Proves to me that Emirates really had no interest in helping me.

After this whole ordeal is done, I knew I needed to file a claim against Emirates. Their error cost me $1200 so I began that process. The Customer Affairs agent was really no help. It's 5 months later and she has stopped answering my emails. They refuse to reimburse me even though it is pretty cut and dry. Now I have to go to small claims court. The fact that a company of this size has no interest in taking responsibility for their actions in order to keep a customer happy says a lot. Seriously, avoid Emirates like the plague. It has been a nightmare dealing with their customer service.

They will rob you of your money by creating fake baggage fees. They will wait until your flight is almost leaving before they start harassing you. You then have no time to spend arguing with them as you will miss your flight. Good thing is you can dispute any bogus charges with your bank/credit card co. They are extremely rude with zero customer service. And by the way, they don't care if you don't fly with them ever again - zero customer service knowledge.

I guess we are tiny specs in a sea of customers they currently have. But if you have several family members and friends that travel all the time, spread the word and in time they will see their business decline and maybe only then will they care. I have several friends and family that do travel a lot and I have managed to get 7 of them to use different airlines within a 2 month span. My job now is to make sure NO ONE I care about uses EMIRATES ever again and make sure that they also spread the word. Oh, and their food sucks!!! I will stick with British Airways for now.

My complaint no **. I'm regular traveller of Emirates airline from Mumbai to Accra. Your airline misplaced my luggage from 8th August 2016 to 8 September 2016. The content in luggage was urgent and very important... For the month delay I spent almost 700$. I've mailed request and called you several times still no response. If that's the case I will publish whole issue on social media like Twitter and Facebook. I'm waiting for answer immediately. Thank you. I've mailed several times to your customers care.

My wife and I had planned a tour to Italy and since it was a special occasion for us I have chosen Emirates, being one of the best airlines in the world in terms of overall service and customer experience. My itinerary required me to book to-and-fro tickets from different destination, so I booked the tickets for onward and return journey separately (onward journey - Dubai to Rome and return journey - Venice to Dubai).

To book the tickets I went to Emirates website, clicked on the "Book" tab and then pressed "Search for flights". Next, I unknowingly used a simple one-way ticket booking option because I was unaware that the tab "Advanced search" option on the Emirates site was actually for multi-city booking. This lack of awareness was mainly due to my experience with the websites of other reputed airlines that used to call this feature as Multi-flight booking or Multi-city booking. Unfortunately the resultant booking ended up to be far more expensive and I actually spend AED 7,650 instead of AED 6,140 which is what I would have paid using the advanced search/multiple flight option.

Quite simply I am inclined to believe that Emirates should make online bookings more user friendly and use terms which are generally known to a consumer. I know that as part of their loyalty program, Emirates reward customers in terms of fare discount when they book return or multi-city flights from Emirates and that's the reason for the difference between the two fares. In this case, I have actually done the same but without reaping any benefit of the loyalty.

In order to seek redressal I called Emirates helpline the next day of the booking and after a lengthy discussion I was advised to go to their website in order to register a complaint as they do not take complaints over the phone. And so I patiently asked to provide me an option to complain and the gentleman on the other side helped me go through a chain of clicks and options to finally register the complaint for refunding the additional charges that I have incurred. Honestly speaking, I did not expect a dime of this from the world's best airline. A few days later I received a call explaining me that it was not the airline's fault and hence they will not be able to refund the additional charges.

My passport was misplaced by a courier company en-route to an embassy in New York for an entry visa. After 10 days from the day my passport was originally picked up, when my passport could still not be located, I contacted Emirates for assistance. Customer service was totally unhelpful, rude, and each person that I spoke with provided me a different quote for the total cancellation fee. I was finally asked to email the online operations of Emirates because I had purchased the flight online, who could only be reached by an online comment feedback form! I had to explain to them, that my passport had been lost by a third party or stolen, and that the reason for my trip cancellation was totally out of my control.

They also could not provide me with an exact amount of trip cancellation charges. I requested for special consideration as I could just not travel, under no circumstances without a passport, and had no option but to cancel my flight. I even sent them the police report that I had filed for the loss of my passport. The airline still charged me 400 USD for cancellation, deemed certain legs of my flight as non-refundable (another USD 300) and then also did not refund the entire USD 1,000 of carrier-imposed fees. The total cost of cancelling the trip has been outrageous! The non-refundable nature of the carrier imposed fees are just ridiculous and completely unfair and unnecessary.

An airline needs to be understanding of the limitations of international travel law that a passenger faces, and Emirates as an organization has no compassion for the customers that it serves. I have traveled with other airlines, that are willing to work with the passenger to provide refunds to in special circumstances, in miles or airline credit. But, Emirates just plain out refused to make any adjustment, or even talk through it with me in a polite manner. Needless, to say, I will never be travelling with the airline again.

We suffered so much inconvenience and inconsideration by the purser. I, with my sons traveled business class while my husband traveled on economy. My sons (6 yr old and 16 months) have their own seats and child fares were paid for both. All we ask during flight was that my husband be allowed to visit at times, sit at the baby's seat to take care of him when so I can take some rest, eat, carry the baby while he fusses or sleeps, assist during feeding and changing diaper. The crew told us that he would ask permission from the purser but the answer was a no except for brief 5 minute visits.

We were extra careful not to disturb others while my husband visits. But my son 6 has been coughing and I was tending to him. The baby was fussing a lot and was screaming and wants to walk around. However, we've been constantly asked and reminded by the staff that my husband has to go back to his seat since it is not allowed to stay in my baby's own seat. I ask them to make him stay longer so my husband can assist me since I cannot tend to two at the same time but it was a no since according to the crew, purser has not agreed to this. So my husband goes back to his seat.

The reminders happened when I was fixing formula, getting things on the locker for my sons, when the baby was crying as he was sleepy, moving a lot, feeding, etc. The times i needed somebody to assist me. It seems the purser in this flight wants it better for my baby to cry and walk around disturbing other passengers rather than allow my husband to help me pacify and make all of us comfortable. Or maybe she is not a mother her own that she doesn't know that at this age the baby has tantrums and very mobile. I was most annoyed when my baby slept in my husband's arms, when I tried to get some rest and then he was asked to leave and he passed the baby to me and he woke up, screamed, fussed a lot causing all us not to get rest.

To sum up, i was very disappointed and annoyed in this flight. In all my flights never have we been treated inconsiderately like this even with other airlines. I have written to customer service. To sum up, if you are going to complain, you won't get any positive response from them as they always side with their crew and with security procedures which are not explained to you that they feel you did not follow. After I wrote them again for explanation. So far no response from them after more than a month of writing. So, if you are traveling as a family especially with children, better think twice.

On my husband's and my flight from Dubai to Houston, one piece of our luggage was pulled off along with many others because of a weight problems on the airplane. We didn't know of this at the time. When we landed in Houston, 19 hrs. later because of additional fueling needed, of course, one piece of luggage was not there. We were told after 19 hrs. of sitting and going through customs, that we would have to wait in a long line of people to fill out forms for the lost piece. Since it was already 10pm and we had a 5 hr drive home, we didn't wait and decided to fill out the form online the next day.

I called and was given an e-mail address (**) which I repeated back and the employee said "perfect". ( He also mentioned that there were 10,000 pieces of lost luggage they had to deal with which should tell you something.) Unfortunately, there isn't such an e-mail and there is no place online to enter the needed information. It's just a lesson in frustration. I'm wondering how they managed a one star rating with their lousy procedures.

I would like to highlight the following problem we have had with Emirates airlines. On July 16th we were to return from Dubai to Dublin after a wonderful week on holidays. We being, 2 adults and 2 kids age 7 and 9. When we got to the airport on the Saturday morning to check in at the Emirates desk, we approached the emirates check in desk and handed over our passports etc. The day before on the Friday I had received 2 emails to check in online, but did not do this as I thought with having to check the bags in anyway it would be easier to do it this way.

We stood for more than 45 minutes while the check-In attendant tried to find us on the system. I asked numerous times what the problem was and stated that we were going to be late for our flight. After the 45 minute wait he called a supervisor over and she tried to explain to him what to do to find us. I couldn't understand what the problem was. He then had to call her over twice more until she eventually sat down and tried herself. After 1 hour of standing there and at this stage only 2 hours to take off, she eventually found the problem. There were always 2 bookings; I had one ref number and my husband and 2 kids on another.

The horror of the next 24 hours started to unfold. The supervisor made me aware that we were not on the system, as in my name was there to fly on the Saturday but the rest of the family were not. She found them booked in on the Sunday flight but the booking was not confirmed (this means that unless a booking is confirmed by emirates you would not get on the plane) at this stage I went into shock and didn't know whether to cry or scream. A row erupted. I showed her all the print outs of the flights and the 2 check in emails from the day before. She could not understand what had happened. I refused to go on the flight, as I am the main person who deals with all holidays, monies and passports and plus I was not leaving my family behind.

On Friday July 15th I rang Emirates to find out how much it would cost to stay an extra night and move our flights. After 25 minutes on the phone she told me it would be 1500. I told her no way was I changing for that price and leave the flights as is, all to fly on the Saturday. This same lady changed my 2 kids and Carl's booking to the Sunday but never changed it back when I told her to leave as it is.

Emirates admitted this was their fault and could not understand how it had happened. In order for me to get on the Sunday flight, emirates kept saying that they could not book me in from there as it was a call centre issue. I found this a lot over the next 4 hours, no1 wanted to take responsibility for what they had done and it was always some1 else's problem. I went from desk to desk and same response was given. The original Emirates check in attendant stayed with me and in fairness he was as shocked as I was. He admitted he had never seen anything like this happen before and was astonished and disgusted.

When we got back to the desk I rang the travel company I had booked with (Tropical Sky). They were shocked and horrified and could not understand why emirates would do this and also would not help me. They wanted to speak with the Emirates staff and when I handed the phone over, the emirates staff member was very arrogant and rude to Yvonne on the phone. She told me to keep trying my side to see what had happened and why. She on the other side in Dublin got on to Emirates to try and sort the problem out.

In the meantime the supervisor at the check-in desk told me that the Saturday flight was overbooked by 9 anyway and that the Sunday flight by 29. I was then told I would have to call the call centre back off my mobile as their phones did not ring out to call centres. I was shocked but what could I do. I was stranded with no flight. When I rang them and explained the case again, the lady on the other side said they would listen back to the tapes of the day before. This call cost me 125, for 1 call.

She called me back after a half hour and admitted it was their fault and that she would try to get me on the next flight tomorrow with my family. In the meantime Yvonne in Tropical sky called me back. She was on the phone to emirates for 2 hours and eventually got me booked on the Sunday flight and also got my family's tickets confirmed.

The next bit of the horror show was yet to come. Emirates told me that we had to fend for ourselves re ACCOMMODATION. It was their fault but tough luck is what their attitude was. We were exhausted and hungry. This was now 5pm and we had been in the airport from 11.45 that morning. We eventually found the accommodation kiosk downstairs. I explained what happened as the guy wanted a voucher from emirates to say we had no flight. He eventually got us a room in one of their hotels. (What nobody knows is that Emirates own numerous hotels in Dubai to offload the people that miss/are delayed/or have flights cancelled.)

The accommodation was horrific. When we got out of the lift for the bedrooms, the smell of vomit and dirty mops was awful. We got into the room to find 2 tiny single beds for 4 people, the carpet filthy and no toilet rolls. It was our worst nightmare. I rang down to complain about all of the above and after 4 phone calls to housekeeping and going to reception, they eventually came with 2 fold up beds. We were in Dubai in 40 degree heat and we were stuck in the most disgusting hellhole. We had gotten food vouchers, and because the hotel was so far out there were no other restaurants nearby, we ate a buffet meal. I asked for water and unknown to me it was tap water. This lead to me being violently ill on the Monday.

The noise in the hotel throughout the night was unbelievable. At 2.30am after lying awake for hours I decided to try and sleep in one of the fold up beds I got such a shock that I near vomited myself, the bed was stinking of vomit. It was awful. All I kept thinking was thank god the kids did not sleep on this. On the Sunday morning we left for the airport an hour before we had to check in just in case we ran into any other problems. I asked could we be upgraded because of the mess they made with our flights the day before, but we were told we had not paid for this and no.

I lodged a complaint twice in fact, with emirates website. This is the only way a complaint can be lodged. They responded and told me that it would be investigated and they would get back to me after 30 days. I also lodged the same to my insurance and got Tropical sky to look into it. The insurance has come back saying that they don't cover such events, tropical Sky have been outstanding in their help, but again they have their hands tied as emirates won't deal with my complaint through them, only through myself.

Emirates came back with the following reply: "Whilst I acknowledge your request for an upgrade, I would like to explain that it is not Emirates policy to offer complimentary upgrade as a form of recompense and this is in fairness with passengers who have paid the applicable fare to travel in First or Business Class. Therefore, we are unable to meet your request.

"Nevertheless, should you, Mr. ** wish to join Skywards or Skysurfer, our frequent flyer programme, and provide us with your membership numbers within 30 days of this letter, as a gesture of goodwill we will arrange for 25,000 complimentary miles to be credited to each of your accounts, together with the flown miles that you would have earned from your recent journey under our booking reference HBB... and M3E... I do hope your recent experience has not marred your impression of the service offered by Emirates and that we will be given another opportunity of serving you in the future. Yours sincerely, Mathieu, Customer Affairs."

"Thank you for your email dated 28 July 2016 and once again, please accept my sincere apologies for any dissatisfaction that you experienced with Emirates. Whilst I can understand your frustration and the inconvenience that you and your family were put through on this occasion, I wish to reassure you that your file has been investigated in accordance with our procedures. Naturally, I am sorry if you are disappointed with the goodwill miles offered, regrettably, we are unable to offer any alternative recompense. I regret if we have been unable to bring this matter to a totally amicable conclusion, nevertheless, I would like to thank you for allowing me to clarify. Yours sincerely, Mathieu, Customer Affairs."

This is unacceptable. I am not only down the phone fees, the horror of the illness which meant I had to take the Monday off work and so loss of wages but also when we got to Dublin airport my Tripp suitcase (hard shell) was burst inwards. My husband was to attend the Ulster final and so lost that money and I had arranged a night out with friends that I had not seen in months. The trauma of the above and the annoyance it has caused me over the last few weeks has been awful. It has caused many sleepless nights and headaches.

To be told to more or less go to hell is disgraceful. I have been in touch with a solicitor. I have rang the citizen information and aviation authority, but they say unless I take it to court that Emirates is the winner. As emirates are not registered within the Eu and the flight is coming back into the Eu rather than going out, I don't have anywhere to claim from. I want to highlight this with yourselves as I have hit a brick wall and also to help the next person that this happens to on an Emirates booking.

Emirates Company Profile