Emirates
1.05/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Your airline may owe you up to
$400
Bad airline experience?
You may qualify for a partial refund
You may think there's nothing you can do about delays and cancellations, but you can seek compensation for these and other bad experiences.
Think there's nothing you can do about delays or canceled flights? We'll help you seek compensation-try it for free!

Emirates

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 1, 2017

467 Emirates Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

So disappointed with the poor level of service and extremely disproportionate charges you have levied regarding my booking **. £238 for a price difference of £38 across two tickets. £20 per person per seat per leg of journey to book a seat beside my husband = £240 if I choose to do so. Whilst I appreciate you stipulate that these details are given in your terms and conditions, I, as a well traveled individual both in business and leisure, would not, and have never, experienced this poor level of service with any airline. Your Extreme poor customer service repeatedly telling me I was in a “saver” ticket and made to feel like I was traveling with a budget airline. This is a once in a lifetime trip with my husband to celebrate our 25 year (silver wedding) anniversary and I wish I had not fallen for the “luxury” tag that is assumed when flying Emirates. Totally disheartened and disappointed and now dreading our flights in January.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

If you buy their flights in any deal be aware you will be sucked in any trap either calling your family sick in flight and hold you not to onboard next flight. They don't do that in here in US but when you reach to Dubai you and your family will be trapped... You can't ask them flight sickness bags... because they don't feel you're human. Their dirty flights, exchanged food dishes, reused food will make you sick... Fake ground staff, do not trust them mainly PRO.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I was dumped, literally dumped, by Emirates after the first leg of a three leg journey on 14th October 2017. I had flown from PE to Johannesburg and was flying on to Dubai and thereafter to Abidjan. The purpose of my trip was to attend a meeting on Monday 16th. I planned to arrive in Abidjan on 15th, attend the meeting on 16th and fly home on 17th.

In Johannesburg I went to the Emirates check in only to be told I had been offloaded from an overbooked flight (EK764) inspite that my booking was confirmed. The solution to this was for Emirates to offer me a night in a hotel and to fly me to Dubai the following night - meaning I would miss my meeting (the purpose of my journey) spend one night in a hotel and then fly all the way home again. I refused this option as I had told the person helping me that if I did not fly on 14th it was not worth flying at all. In order to get this far, I stood, ignored, at the check in desk for 90 minutes. To add insult to injury, Emirates could not provide me with a flight back to Port Elizabeth, the origin of my journey, and I had to buy a new, one way ticket, from BA.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I recently was on EK 212 from Houston to Dubai. When they served dinner, I ate the raw salad, within short time I got sick. I still had 12 hrs of flight time to Dubai. When I asked for some help from the crew... they said, "Sorry we do not have any herbal tea." When I got to Dubai I missed my flight as Gates had changed, I was very sick in to Dubai. So I go to the ticketing counter, tell her what happened. The girl was so rude, asked me if I still wanted to go to Mumbai, if I did not have the money to call my family. I was looked down (being Indian). I paid $623, got on the next flight to Mumbai.

Here I was sick from something EK had served me on the flight. No one cared. I have written to EK... told me it will take 30 days before someone gets back to me. I think they are overrated. Worse customer service they have. In-flight crew are not friendly at all. I am not going to be flying with EK anymore. Dubai staff are very unfriendly. I am telling everyone about my experience with them.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I have purchased the ticket Hyderabad Boston Dammam Hyderabad through Flyways Travels also known as Al Safariyat Travels at Chapel Road Hyderabad on 30-Jun-17. Passenger names: Ameen ** E-ticket No: **. Asfia ** E-ticket No: ** Booking reference no: ** Date From To Flight No 5-Aug-17 Hyderabad Dubai EK525. 5-Aug-17 Dubai Boston EK237. 10-Sep-17 Boston Dubai EK238. 11-Sep-17 Dubai Dammmam EK821. 27-Oct-17 Dammam Dubai EK826. 27-Oct-17 Dubai Hyderabad EK524.

I paid INR 206,000 INR two hundred and six thousand only for 2 tickets to the travel agent Mr. **, and submitted the passports & photos to the travel agent for the stamping of Saudi Visit Visa. At the time of submission the visa was valid, to be endorsed before 7 Jul17. Due to the embargo imposed by the Saudi government because of the hajj season, the visa was not endorsed as advised by the travel agent on 13-Jul-17. Hence, I asked the travel agent to cancel the ticket and get me the refund.

After that I spoke myself to the Emirates and found that, there will be penalty of INR 7,000 per ticket and the Dubai Dammam sector. Ticket will not be refunded. However, the tax taken on Dubai Dammam sector will be refunded along with HYD BOS HYD sector and I communicated the same thing to the travel agent Mr. ** and asked him to process the refund. My communication with Emirates staff was recorded and the Emirates staff also advised that, she is writing the notes in the system, so as to keep a track of communication with me and to help the other Emirates staff, what has been discussed and advised to me.

Break up of deductions advised by Emirates office. Penalty for cancellation INR 7,000 x 2 tickets = INR 14,000. Non refundable sector DXB DMM DXB INR 8,500 x 2 Tickets = INR 17,000. Total deductible INR 31,000. Net refundable after deductions = INR 175,000. On 19-Jul-17 the travel agent Mr. ** spoke to the Emirates staff in front of me and got the same confirmation as mentioned above and Mr. ** also recorded the voice conversation between him and the Emirates staff in his mobile and also obtained the written confirmation by email from Emirates Airlines. On 20-July-17 when I spoke to the travel agent Mr. **, he advised me that, due to the recent implementation of GST rules Emirates Airlines will credit the Flyways Travel Agency account only on 01st Aug 17 and on 01 Aug17 he will RTGS the proceeds to my bank account with HSBC.

Problem statement. On 1-Aug-17 when I went to collect the refund from the agent, he advised me that, Emirates Airlines are deducting more than INR 60,000 as cancellation and penalty charges and that he will trying to contact the airlines sales office in New Delhi to get the refund as previously agreed. I’m not sure what happened after that.

On 28-Aug-17 he the travel agent Mr. ** sent me WhatsApp message stating that, he will refund me INR 175,000 (INR One Lakh seventy five thousand only) as agreed with Emirates provided if I can wait till 11-Sep-17. On 12-Sep-17 the travel agent refunded me INR 150,700- (INR One Lakh fifty thousand & seven hundred only) stating that he got only this amount from Emirates.

Request. I request the Emirates Airlines to investigate the entire episode, the facts mentioned above and retrieve the recorded conversation, emails etc. from the travel agent and arrange for the full reimbursement INR 175k as agreed and advised by the Emirates Airlines staff to me and the travel agent Mr. ** as well. Much appreciates your prompt action to resolve this issue to refund the amount as agreed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emirates Airlines?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I have travelled with Emirates for 3 to 4 times and it was a good experience but the last one was a nightmare. I booked my tickets for me and my wife 3 months in advance and was travelling with an lap infant. I booked the front row seat for bassinet (Dubai to NY is almost 14 hours flight). A week before travel they just cancelled one of the seat number and allocated to a different row seat which I noticed a day before travel.

When I called they told it was cancelled by the agent with whom I booked the ticket which was never the case, since my agent can still see the old seat numbers confirmed in his system. It seems Emirates has cancelled on my seats and allocated to someone else and put the blame on my agent. Me and my agent had to speak several times with the customer service and NO USE, they never changed my seats back and I had to travel without an bassinet on 14 hours flight with lap infant. I never expected such a cheap behavior from Emirates.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I traveled on flight EK 612 from Dubai to Islamabad 30th Aug 2017 seat no 43h. It's a connecting flight from UK to Pak. Birmingham to Dubai. It's fine. I suggest the people not to fly Emirates for Asian country. It's not first time but this time I decided that I will never fly with Emirates again. They are late for Asian countries. Maybe some reasons it will be accepted if staff is good and polite. This time they were very rude and presuming that if anybody complaint nothing happen and laughing. Staff served breakfast half heartedly missing me, maybe some other people as well. When I complaint to cabin crew in charge (Amena) she didn't ask the person who is serving and neither sorry and saying it's human error. It can happen saying left right. Cut it short I will never use Emirates again.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

First I would like to say that I have never flown on Emirates Airlines before. I have heard wonderful things about them and so I decided to give them a try on my recent trip to Egypt. Needless to say my flight was cancelled on my way back in Dubai due to a hurricane in Houston Texas. I understand Mother Nature had a fault in this and not the airline but staying stuck in an airport for a day and a half and not one of Emirates representatives would offer me a hotel voucher or food voucher. Any type of assistance is unacceptable for any business. I would never fly them again. I would never recommend anyone to fly them only because of the way they treated me. No one took ownership of the problem or the situation. Every time I spoke to a supervisor they passed it off to another supervisor and I spoke to maybe and I lost count after 14.

Supervisor wined it up having to purchase a ticket from Orlando to Austin. No type of refund or compensation for a night in a half of not being able to sleep because I'm alone, a woman in a foreign country with no type of lodging or anything to be taken care of. Thank God for a small coffee shop inside the airport that offered me water. So I'm a little upset disappointed and having spent an enormous amount of money for a airplane ticket for a vacation that I thought would be a great experience with a top-notch, according to a lot of my friends, of Airline and yeah that was not the case so buyer beware. Make sure that you cross your t's and dot your I's with Emirates. I haven't heard from them either so just leave the bad taste in your mouth as a consumer.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I had to travel from Dubai back to New York with my child. I was told the flight is totally booked while I purchased my ticket a month ahead of time. The first customer service made me wait for almost an hour checking thing in his computer that I am sure has no idea how. Then sent me to different counter to face different misery, an ** person who took forever to search her system while I asked what is going on. I was told to shut up and sit. I felt offended. I wanted to know why I should be dragged that long for tickets that are purchased a month ago. I asked to talk to her supervisor. She got all mad and gave me nasty look banging on her computer and said she is not going to give me my tickets if "I don't shut." This lady from her country "next counter" came to us. They were speaking their language then the ** lady said these are people who come to Dubai to "Collect ** money."

I had a serious heated conversation with them replying to her immoral sentence. All of sudden all other woman working in the same counter area join to gang up. I felt I was in the middle of savage forest. I never ever saw such thing in my life. I traveled many times with different airlines. This is horrible. Their supervisor join his gang by stopping me from flying because I "Shouldn't reply to the Prejudice gang" who came from nowhere to attack me with all kind of nasty statement. They attacked my 13 years old child too. This ** woman was ready to get off her counter to beat us up. I went to the police airport to complain. I was held there for 4 hours. They make me miss my flight and pay for different ones while it's their fault.

The airport director with a Syrian accent was very cold and did not care while I said "How can I pay for tickets while it was you and your staff fault that my flight was missed." It's horrible experience. My child ended up with an asthma attack because of the aggravation the Emirates staff exposed us to. Violating our rights as customers. I love that country but will not return back. I was treated very unfairly. I feel bad the Emirates is represented by people who are far away from being civil, they come from countries where their freedom is suppressed and they express that in their way of dealing with customers. Emirates needs to rethink about choosing her ground staff.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Over 5 months ago I bought a jewelry piece as an in-flight duty free purchase on Emirates flight Dubai-NYC. When I landed and opened the box and looked closer, it appeared to be a very low quality piece, not worth the money they charged, and broken. I returned it immediately. They took it back. But since then Emirates has not been able to make the refund. They keep my money and I can do nothing about it. I spent a lot of time filing out request forms on their website, exchanging emails with their customer affairs representative in NYC, but it seems like they do not really care about it. I feel ignored, and helpless. And they were supposed to be a trusted brand. But they are not.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Emirates Airlines should query its staff who were on duty to check in passengers on July 15, 2017 for the 00:05 flight at Shanghai PVG in China. I went to check in and my hand luggage suitcase was 7kg. How do you tell me that you will not allow me to go on flight because I have a backpack as well. I go on board and see people carrying heavier and worse than me.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Where shall I start?! Well firstly most people suffer from motion sickness right?! My daughter suffers from this and on our return journey home from Thailand we are on our last flight from Dubai back to Gatwick and my daughter has been sick and I go to hand the sick bag to the cabin staff who happens to be the supervisor. Anyway she comes back with pen and paper and decides my daughter has an illness (since when is motion vij was an illness!) jots down few details and offloads a 15 year old... My husband and other daughter continue on home as they don't need to stay with us. We are assured that the Emirates will take care of us and will book us on the next flight home!

Ok anyway we're in medical and are advised by numerous staff and the doctor that my daughter is fit for travel and should not have been offloaded. She simply needs rest and hydration. By this time we have been awake 16 hours. We are left outside the medical centre with no Emirates staff and told to go find emirates desk. Ok so I after going through security again then three floors with luggage and finally 3rd person at the desk we are told it will cost us to book us back on another flight. I am in tears and after speaking with several different people we are left stranded!! I have no choice and begrudgingly pay the extra money in addition to what we have already paid and wait for our next flight which is 2.45 am in the early hours.

By now my daughter and I are both emotions distressed and exhausted. Was not even offered bottle of water!! Contacted Emirates customer affairs to complain but they simply don't give a **!! They care only about money and how they can make extra money off distressed people. The cabin staff also need to learn the consequences of their actions and how much unnecessary distress they cause passenger! Will never fly emirates ever again and would advise anyone else to think twice because only substandard service and misery awaits with emirates. Trust me when I say awful airline! Anyone else had issues. Oh and I didn't even mention the fact we had no vegetation food just couple croissants and water given to us.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I have booked with Emirates Airlines for quite a long time already along with my family. At the time of booking I was not able to select the seats because the seat selection wasn't open (generally open before 60 days on flight). Before 30 days of my flight, I thought to select the seats but found that each seat I have selected is asking fro extra charges. I called customer service and they have told me that seat selection policy has changed and now you will have to pay per extra charge per seat. I will never travel with Emirates in future...

Original review: June 23, 2017

I always prefer to fly with Emirates, and willing to fly again in July 2017, but disappointed when they do discrimination or unfair with their clients. I booked my ticket last time from Khartoum and I got a luggage allowance of 2pc, same if I book from London, but this time I am booking my ticket from Lahore to Khartoum and I am allowed to carry only 35 kg which is not fair. Why are they people in Lahore not paying full amount to Emirates. This is totally unfair and I have to choose a different airline which offer 2pc to such a long-haul flight. Emirates have to change their policy.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I was flying Emirates airline to India in February. I missed my last connecting flight to Calcutta, India from Dubai. It was entirely my mistake. I went to customer service desk and was advised it would cost me $600 for the missed flight with no comments or information regarding my ticket being out of sequence. The rep advised me I didn't have to book the ticket with them I could go through a different carrier, which I did as the flight was $275. I asked about my baggage and they said that it would follow my flight no problem. The customer service rep did not say anything about my ticket no longer being valid or that I would have to pay in order for my flight to be valid on my return journey.

After travelling extensively throughout India, a month later get my confirmation flight details the day before my flight home. I go to the airport and am told I no longer have a ticket cause I didn't complete the last flight on the arrival flight. I advised them the situation and explained what happened and they said, "Sorry your ticket is no longer valid." I tried to speak to an Emirates rep and they had known that could do anything for me. I then had to pay $750 for another ticket to return home. Only way to leave the country. I paid the ticket under protest and went to Dubai and tried to speak to a customer service rep about the instance, "You have no choice but to file online." I did, explained everything and did not get a response until almost 60 days later. No ability to talk to anyone verbally only a email sent to me indicating they denied the claim.

I proceeded to search the internet to find a method of contacting the individual on the phone and I was able to call the rep. Emirates will not take direct phone calls you can only leave a voice mail msg which I did for 2 weeks before Carolyn ** contacted me. I explained everything and she had sympathy and agreed she couldn't understand why I would choose another airline. I explained no one told me ticket invalid and what individual would buy another ticket if they knew they had to pay.

She offered 10,000 skyward points because she could see I was very upset. I told her I wanted to speak to someone higher up. At first she said there was no one. Upon my insistence she forwarded me to a Manager by the name of Susan ** on May 30th. I then got another voice mail and no person when she forwarded the call which I was told would be the manager. I have now called almost every day since May 30th and she has not returned my call. I need some assistance to get this resolved.

Original review: June 8, 2017

I have been writing to Emirates, I have been posting on their FB page, I have been trying hard to get their attention about my plight, that I had to go through a 17 hour flight, every single time I had traveled with Emirates, but all my cry for help has been futile till date. I am a vegetarian and have been very cautious to order veggie meals at the time of booking and also extra cautious to call them 24 hours before and emphasize on the fact that I am a vegetarian. 4 times I have done the same thing, made sure that they are reminded about the 'vegetarian' thing from time and again and all this time they have promised to keep their word and all this time, without any fail/sense of shame, they have managed to break their promise every single time when I board the flight.

So, first travel: I request my pre booked veggie meal. They say I have to book it before. I say I have. They check and come back and say, they are out of stock (???!!!). Now, I sit there thinking, what now? So the minimum courtesy would be to try and provide the traveler something. They just leave. I call them back. They come back irritated (!!!). I ask them "What do you have." They give me a banana and a bottle of water. Great!!

Second time of travel: I tell them "I have already booked the veggie meal, called the customer care twice to confirm, the previous time I wasn't given any food." This time I had made up my mind to confront them, if they had any excuses to give. Well my fate!! They come back saying: "OUT OF STOCK." This isn't real, this isn't happening again! I tell them I don't want a banana this time. (No, no way am dieting my way through a boring, tiring flight!!). They bring me food, I open it and it's chicken. I ask, "What is this?" She says, "Uh chicken!" I see! I requested a veg meal. Blunt answer from her, "Nothing that we can do, the veg meals are over." "Err so what should I do with chicken??" "No don't eat the chicken, eat the mashed potatoes beside it." OO REAL MATURE!!

My 3rd journey: I am in for a fight this time! Called the customer care, told them specifically about my plight, underlined it 3, 4 times. They said they have jotted down my name specifically and that I can get back to them if I had a problem. This time I decide to put my foot down. The same series of incidents follow. I go talk to the group of air hostess clustered in the pantry and the whole group says they can't do anything if they do not have food!! OK NOW TELL ME WHAT SHOULD I DO??!! An apple, some juice and chocolate, were provided, to shut me up... (Great bribe!) 4th time: My husband was the victim this time. They didn't have steak and he was given chicken instead.

So my question is: Is Emirates, one of the flights that charge you twice than the other airlines, trying to cut back their expenses by not providing food to people?? Is this your way of reducing expenses?? We, the travelers specifically mark our food preferences, call and confirm 2ce-3ce to be sure and still when the same thing happens, what does that make us? A bunch of idiots?? I have written to them, their response was I should have booked in advance, when I gave them my flight details and number and specified about the pre booked meals, they didn't even show the courtesy to reply. On writing to them again, they said next time they will me more careful. Well there have been a next time always and I had to go through the same humiliation every time.

What prompted me to write a bad review: My friend traveled recently from DXB-SFO. I specifically told her about the quandary I had to go through. She, like me, is a vegetarian and had taken precautions to make sure she wasn't mistreated. Same thing happened, was provided a chicken meal and asked her to eat the steamed vegetables beside the chicken!! So if this has been happening for years and quite often, I really think the food business in EMIRATES is fraud. They don't stock enough food for the passengers, and come up with unbelievable excuses and solutions!! I am done with EMIRATES!!!

Original review: June 1, 2017

I AM DISGUSTED with the treatment I received in Dubai. I am nearly 70 years of age, suffer with arthritis in most joints in my body, I contacted Emirates to ask for wheelchair assist as well as informing that I CANNOT DO STEPS on my flight from Newcastle to Colombo. Received an email back stating, "All good no probs". They would use a hoist as the plane stands on the tarmac for passengers to disembark. Imagine my horror to find that on arrival at Dubai flying I had to walk down the steep steps from the plane then haul myself up on a bus for a long drive to the terminal building. A bus, on arrival at the Assistance Desk I was informed I was NOT on the list.

By this time I'm in considerable pain from my knees and hips, I eventually got a wheelchair and demanded to be taken to the Emirates transit desk. There I met a very arrogant and extremely rude man, explained my situation and asked if I could purchase an upgrade to business class and was told NO, and he walked away. After another nearly four-hour flight I was in extreme pain having to take Tramadol. I have flown all classes with Emirates from their conception when they were an excellent airline, now I advise any disabled travelers to go with another airline and avoid Dubai. I will never fly with Emirates again. Oh if you hope for good things from Customer Service UK... they follow the party line.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I am an avid traveler & I have traveled to more than 10 countries, in different airlines. But this trip became one of the most horrible ones, all thanks to Emirates. They are very money minded & try to extract as much money as possible. We are a family of three. I had a baggage allowance of 30 kgs, & I had 31 kgs. They refused to allow it & asked me to pay for it. Even when I paid, they forced me to take 1 kg out, & carry it separately. When I asked them how I would carry it, they asked me to buy a new suitcase to carry the extra weight! Hand baggage allowance is 7 kgs. But they weighed even handbags & laptop bags along with hand luggage. Even if you have a handkerchief they'll ask you to weigh it too. We had a laptop & 2 handbags. They weighed our laptop bags & handbags along with our hand baggages (Which I've never heard about, in other airlines) & when it was more than 7 kgs, they forced us to take it out. We had to pay nearly 20000 rubles.

They were rude enough not to accept US dollars & we had to run around the airport checking for currency exchange shops. Even when we paid, they DIDN'T allow us to carry it along with our luggage even when we pleaded. They said we should buy a new suitcase for it. We again had to run through the entire airport to find a shop for suitcases. The idea is to extract money from passengers. If we have 3 kgs extra luggage, buying a new suitcase would make it to 7 kgs since the suitcase weight would add up too. And this would cause us to pay for 7 kgs instead of 3 kgs. They basically want to extract money as much as possible.

From 2 pm to 4:15 pm, we had to run through the airport like maniacs sweating so much, that at a point it looked like we'd need medical help. Thankfully we made it to board the flight right in the nick of time. The flight was half empty. While checking, if you're a dark-skinned person, they'd check you for like 20 minutes making you feel like low, while ** skinned people walk away in 3 minutes. The toilets were awfully smelly. The experience was a horrible one. I would never ever travel in Emirates, even if it's the only flight available to a country. I'd rather avoid the country than travel in Emirates once again.

Original review: May 27, 2017

I bought two tickets with several months in advance (three months, on March 2017) From Boston to Dubai, however, at the check in counter we were informed that we need a visa in order to travel. So, we decided to straight out this situation with the consulate and change our dates. First, they want us to pay $600 for not showing up, but that didn't happen, we were there two hours earlier, so after many complaints and phone calls to Emirates Airlines, they imposed us a $300 fee per passenger to do such changes. 2nd, they didn't offer any help with the visa situation, even though they promote such service at their website. (I found out about when I call customer affairs.) :/

I was given two websites to contact, websites that didn't really provide any help whatsoever. 3rd, when we finally found alternative dates to travel, they came out with expensive flights tickets (three times more expensive than the ones I bought on their website). The new tickets were so expensive that we can be better off just purchasing new round trip tickets again. The interesting part about this is that we were able to find a very cheap flight tickets at their website, but according to them, the system they have didn't have the same access. Fourth, after calling 15 times, I decided to ask for a supervisor to be connected with which they denied having.

Fifth, After being exhausted and overwhelmed for all the hassle and lack of cooperation from the airline company, I decided to contact Emirates Consumer Affairs, and after two days I got an e-mail in which I was informed that Emirates can't do anything to help me and that I signed a contract where I agree to all terms and conditions. They never offer any type of solution whatsoever, they basically don't care and they demand more money. I'm wondering if things will have a different outcome if I were a man instead of a woman.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I was travelling from Johannesburg to Hyderabad. Ticket Number: **. I lost my laptop and tab at Emirates counter because of Patricia. Unfortunately I brought extra luggage. I tried to swap luggage in to another bag but Patricia shouted at me and showed empty counter to swap the luggage. Patricia and few other people at the counter yelled at me. Someone was at empty counter. I assumed he was also a Emirates staff as Patricia was also talking to that person. That person was helping me to swap my luggage and he stole my laptop & tab. I realized lately that I lost my laptop and Tab. He disappeared when I went back to Emirates counter. I don't know why Patricia suggested me to go that counter. I paid money for extra luggage and I lost my assets too.

Original review: May 4, 2017

I had a trip to Bali scheduled in 2 weeks and my husband and I called Emirates to see if we could see what other flights are available to help us arrive in Dubai in the morning instead of the 7:45 pm. This would allow us to be in Dubai and see the sights in morning for 13 hours until our next flight going to Bali which was our final destination. Speaking with the Emirates Flight Reservation Agent, he confused changed with cancel and canceled our reservation in Business Class and proceeded to share that we can now arrive in the morning but we are on standby from New York to Dubai with possibility of missing our connection to Bali. Then he says we can get our business tickets back the ones we had originally bought and owned unless we paid 8k per ticket more to get the same ticket that was ours when we NEVER Adair cancel the flight.

The agent says the flights are full but could do standby in Economy. Laugh my ** off when I paid for Business Class. I had to speak with 3 different agents with NO ONE willing to make it right because their idiot agent confused the words stating that to them change means cancel. Pissed off that our entire trip is ruined. We aren't now arguing with idiot Emirates to get our money back! Why the hell would I fly standby in economy when I paid high dollar for Business Class. I WILL NEVER recommend this horrible airlines to anyone. Now I see why they only fly to certain locations because they are freaking horrible.

Original review: May 3, 2017

My mother purchased a return ticket from Emirates from Manila prior to boarding the flight Manila to Dubai: Ticket Reference: ** (Dubai-Manila). She travels a lot, since all of her children live abroad. As her travel plans have changed, she decided to cancel the ticket. We have applied for refund online and requested that the money be transferred in my husband's account reason being, that my mom doesn't have an account in Dubai, we have provided the necessary documents and authorisation. On March 11, we have received confirmation that the refund has been processed. Today, May 03, no refund was received.

The most disappointing part is following up, from their Customer Service, their Facebook account, the Central Refund e-mail. We even went to their Deira Clock Tower Office, Refund Counter. The agent has no clue what happened, no record of transfer in his system and promised to call. I have not received any call to date. They say the same thing, that the refund was processed, the transfer was completed. We check the bank everyday, no trace or proof of refund from Emirates. I trust this Airline, I have friends working in there, however this experience really frustrates me. We can't think of any means to escalate or directly contact their refund team. Why is it that when booking/paying a flight ticket takes 5 minutes, but getting our money back takes around 2 months? It's not much, but it's our money!

Original review: April 30, 2017

Honestly speaking, Emirates Airlines does not care about the babies on board who are just as important as other grown passengers. I called the airlines ahead of time to let them know that I was going to be travelling with two babies and to inquire how much baby milk I could carry on board and they told me that they were going to provide baby milk while we were on board because a passenger is only allowed to carry a certain amount of liquid baby milk on board as per TSA guidelines. Since I was flying from DFW to Dubai with 15 months old twins we had exhausted all the baby milk that we had been allowed to carry by TSA, at this point, we had to ask the flight attendants for baby milk and all they gave us was one bottle of less than 20oz. to feed both of my babies for the entire flight.

Every time I asked for an extra bottle of baby milk, the flight attendant would either say they didn't have anymore left or give a lame excuse. A couple of weeks later while flying back from Dubai to DFW, we decided to ask different flight attendant every time we had to request for baby milk and some would bring just one bottle and some would actually acknowledge the fact that we had two babies that needed a bottle of milk each. Most of them acted like they could only cater for one of the twins and the other one was basically invisible or non-existent to them. It was a terrible experience and if you plan on travelling with babies on board, either look for a better airline carrier that cares and provides for all passengers including the babies because Emirates is not that type of airline.

Original review: April 21, 2017

Recently I flew with Emirates from Dubai to Sao Paulo, Brazil. During flight I noticed that several big plastic bags filled with blankets and bed linens were place in front of two of the emergency doorways. When I questioned the flight attendance in charge she said it was "normal procedure" as there was no place to put it. When I insisted that obstructing emergency doorways was a serious threat, she replied that only during takeoffs and landing those doorways should be clear. I found it very strange to have several bags obstructing the doorways for many hours during flight and thinking if an emergency really happened, people would be really obstructed to leave the aircraft and diminishing their chances of survival. It was sad to hear from a company's representative that I respect that the problem I thought I had seen was not an issue.Thank you.

Original review: April 15, 2017

I traveled to India and Dubai on Jan 22 2017 with my husband who is Diabetic. Food delivery was too late, I had requested Hindu meal and my husband regular meal, so I get my meal ahead. My husband gets his meal after one hour or so. Then your flight is for 15 hours flying time plus the delayed flight. Plus the time difference.

If any one who slept off won't feel hungry but people like me who cannot sleep on the flights will be hungry. They just give you one meal. My Emirates flight started from Seattle at 9 am, flight was delayed till 10.30. Already people are in flight and then not that they start their food service right away. They waited another one to two hours before they serve. People have connecting flights. They had a chance to eat at the airport or no - no one cares. They give you one meal and the next meal is breakfast before you land.

I always told my friends that Emirates was best flight, but the Air hostess were not friendly and smiling. If you pressed the light button for air hostess to come like they were quite irritated. In between we were hungry and asked for some snacks. They don't have any fruits. They ran out. It was not a pleasant experience, like we pay so much dollars for good services.

Original review: April 3, 2017

EK404 Sin-Mel Dep 16 Mar @C23 @ 2140 **/ANTHONYMR ** SILVER. After boarding the plane and going to my seat, I became quite disturbed by a wailing baby in front so I moved 3 seats backwards. A Platinum Member then approached me to tell me I had taken up his seat. So, I got up and moved 3 seats to the right. The Platinum member then reprimanded me telling me I should go elsewhere saying that ALL the 4 seats were reserved for him. When I replied that as only 1 seat is allocated to any passenger at any one time and I couldn't see the logic of this and continued to sit there, he then summoned the Air Hostess, known to me as only Theo by her Supervisor Izabela ** who refused to give me her name. This happened @ 2315.

The hostess then repeated what the Platinum member who discriminated against me said that The Platinum Member is entitled to all 4 seats and I should get back to my original seat. After the hostess left, I went back to my seat on my own accord. I then requested to one of the other stewardesses that I need to speak to the Person-in-charge. Mr Amrit ** then came to attend to me apologising for the behaviour of Theo and Supervisor Izabela. He then asked me what he could do to make my trip pleasant for the rest of the journey. I asked him that my seat be changed and he allocated one for me in front of the toilet. I compromised with this even though and continued seating there for the rest of the journey.

There are many anomalies here that needs to be addressed: We all told to keep our seat belts on even when the Seat belt sign is turned off ~ is this only for the rest of us humble passengers and not applicable for Platinum Member ~ did the hostess infringe and Health & Safety regulations by allocating 4 seats to the Platinum Member. Was there any element of discrimination here because the Platinum Member was a male Caucasian and I am dark-skinned? Does Emirates practice Class Inequality where special privileges to an elite Group, the Platinum Class and not the rest of us?

Mr Amrit told me that a member of the airline would be calling me to look into the matter. As I have not received any calls of the past 2 weeks is the airline interested in its low echelon clients? My wife & I have been diligently supporting your airline of the past 10 years. As a result of this complaint and was directed to ConsumerAffairs to find 484 complaints against your airline. I am now convinced that we should look for another airline after singing praises about the airline for the past 10 years! I have written this complaint more for the interest of others who may be interested in becoming a customer with the airline so they can be forewarned unlike me who has been a loyal customer of the airline for the past 10 years.

Original review: March 26, 2017

Over 4 years back I was onboard a flight from London Gatwick to Dubai International. I was in aisle seat, asleep, belt on when a crew member at speed bushed the loaded trolley into my right knee. This caused me to jump and jar my back. The injury was above the surgery I had in 2008. The female crew member just laughed. She did not say sorry. I was in so much pain. All I was offered was a ice pack, which I rejected and self-administered ** that I take for nerve damage. The pain was so intense the ** all be a small dose did not help. I request they phone ahead and have medics waiting, which they did. When the flight landed I was taken from the aircraft to an ambulance that took me to the airport medical centre where I see a doctor who said he could not help and that I needed to go to hospital.

I was alone, my wife did not travel. I was just left to suffer. I was wheeled to a customer service desk, told, "Complete this form and mail to the address give," and I would hear after 30 days. In so much pain, I said, "No, get me a manager." After soon time two male members of staff arrive, that fully agreed with me and promised that someone senior would call me in the morning. That never happened. I did not receive one call from Emirates. I was left to fend for myself until my wife could fly out. I could not get out of bed for days. I took medical advice and it was a bad spinal sprain that need treatment and could result in future surgery.

The attitude of Emirates customer services is very very poor, the bigger they have grown the worst the service all. Because of the attitude of Emirates I have taken legal action and the case is soon to be heard. I am still stuffing to this day. I know if HH Sheikh Mohammed was made aware of all the customer complaints and review he would be horrified. Try and use other airlines. I know it's difficult because the service of Emirates is Direct. The are losing staff at a alarming rate. Loss of pilots is in the hundreds.

Original review: March 26, 2017

I have not yet flown with Emirates, but I have booked a flight for myself, my wife, and my granddaughter. My wife is partially disabled, and we are both 81 years of age. I asked if it was possible to have a seat with more leg room, for her. This was pointblank refused. Then I asked if we could have three seats together, I was told, "Yes, you can choose them, but there is no guarantee that you will have them. It will cost you $AU540.00 to choose them and this is NOT refundable, if we cannot fulfill your request." I always thought that when you booked a flight, they would do their best to accommodate your request. This appears to me to be blackmail and robbery, because nobody advised me that I would have to make this extra payment. There was no mention of this prior to booking. The staff are rude, nasty, and very ignorant.

Original review: March 24, 2017

DAMAGED PIANO AND NO POSITIVE RESPONSE. My Children's piano was damaged. And the complaint procedure on their website is unfriendly, it makes it uneasy to complain. Instead, complaint is dealt with from the US and they blame the passenger for late complaint. I also made effort to explain to their staff at the Toronto office after receiving email from the US denying the replacement of my children's piano, he promise to look into it but never respond to all the email and documents he asked me to forward to him in front of my daughter who owns the piano. The US staff asked me to contact my insurance to replace the piano; the staff also claimed in the mail that I did not complain on time, despite all the documents and proofs of calls and travel documents.

We (4) arrived on August 6, 2016. The piano was dumped at a corner despite the fact that it was wrapped in a box, and taped with a fragile tape (yellow Caution) in section D and a box over it at the pick-up area at the airport on our arrival but we never envisage that it would not work until we got home. I called airport number that I received from calling 1800 number, twice and I was told someone was going to call me back. But no one did. When I eventually got someone, she claimed they do not deal with such situation at the airport and will ask Emirates staff to call me back but no one did again. I took to Facebook and sent a message, and I was giving a email for customer service in the US. No positive result until date. The website is not complaint friendly enough. This is unfair to us. The staff at Toronto office never get back after two emails and documents to him.

Original review: March 23, 2017

My son's guitar was checked in the hold of A380 flight from Melbourne to Dubai last year. We bought a new Hiscox professional case for the trip (you can stand on them - check out the website). We delivered it to oversize baggage in Melbourne and witnessed "Fragile" stickers being applied. On arrival in our stopover hotel in Dubai we discovered that the body of the rosewood guitar was cracked in several places. I immediately emailed Emirates with photos of the damage. Liability was not denied. At Emirate's request I subsequently obtained a valuation for the replacement cost: AUD1500. I then received an email that offered USD200 and stated that the Montreal Treaty applied to this situation and that it specified this sum as the maximum compensation available.

This is a lie. The Montreal Treaty articles define a maximum in excess of the amount I am claiming and offer no mechanism by which the sum can be reduced unless the customer is negligent or the packaging inadequate. Subsequent emails repeated the same lie and ignore my very specific question as to how they interpret which particular part of the Treaty to reach their conclusion. They do not respond to my subsequent emails. Emirates was fined by US and Canadian transport authorities in 2009 for exactly this same behaviour. Attempts to get assistance from local offices or by phone are futile. Trying to make a complaint online leads to dead ends.

The web gives countless examples of frustrated customers trying to deal with this airline's numerous failings. Lost and damaged baggage, and theft from delayed baggage would seem to be common. I would recommend no one put fragile luggage in the hold of any Emirates plane. I am taking them to Court and will probably spend a few afternoons under the shady trees in front of their Melbourne office with a sign and some leaflets expressing my dissatisfaction. I also intend to post this same information on all the travel blogs and websites that I can find.

Emirates Company Information