Emirates
1.03/5
  • 1 star
Based on 52 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Emirates

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 19, 2018

483 Emirates Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Booked one-way tickets from India to Seattle 4 days back, but later learnt from friends that visitors should have return tickets in hand to avoid issues at immigration. So, called up Emirates customer support to cancel the booking almost immediately. I was asked if I would like to consider changing the booking to a round-trip. I replied that I would decide on that and book round-trip within a couple of hours. I ended up cancelling the tickets and have booked round-trip tickets the same day after a few hours. Guess what, the tickets I've booked for India to Seattle (round-trip) were for the same flight I've cancelled my booking earlier. This costed me $300.

The customer service personnel should have updated me about the cancellation fee involved and had that happened, I'd not have cancelled the tickets but in-turn would have planned to buy return tickets. So, at the end of the day, I book round-trip tickets for the same flight. I've cancelled my one-way trip booking a couple of hours earlier only to lose $300 more. When I checked with the customer support about this, all they talk about is the policy and the so-called supervisor has got some serious attitude problem. Emirates cancellation refund policy is not in line with the interests of the customers like me, customer service is pathetic and I would never ever book a flight or fly with Emirates.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

My experience with Emirates Air is very bad, at Dubai airport they have charged me twice and said, "After 24 hours we will refund the balance," but it not happened. I changed my airport while coming back so they overcharged me 13,006 PKR instead of 6,900 PKR. Until now the matter not resolved Since 15 Dec 2017. After issuance boarding pass I came in plane in my seat and I put my bag there with cabin crew. She saw my boarding pass and told me about my seat, once I came back from toilet I saw someone else sitting on my seat and the same crew asked him to sit on my seat, and when I said it's my seat they excused and sent me in the end of plane in very bad neighbors who were making noise. I'm very unsatisfied with Emirates Air and don't feel any financial Security from them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Bought a ticket through Emirates mobile app, they did not provide any information about baggage allowance until I have purchased the ticket. When I called their London customer office they demanded £200 pound cancellation fee or if I want to change it then £125 for changing fee + whatever the class I upgrade to. The customer service was very poor. Basically good for nothing.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

When checking in for a business class flight on Emirates from Hamburg to BKK 01 SEP 17, I was told that our bags were 11 kgs over the limit (91 instead of 80 kgs). The cost would be an extra 605 EUR! I told them that firstly I checked the weight on the house bathroom scales as usual. And secondly that a flight on another airline for the same route would be only 469 EUR return. How could they?

The reply of the lady behind the desk: "You can repack if you want." As if repacking loses weight! She was a little unsure of herself and had to get reassurance from her colleague next door - both in their late 20s, early 30s. She then stated the obvious that her scales were certified and my bathroom scales were not. Having been an aviation auditor for many years before retiring I know about this argument and was surprised to see how often certified scales were up to 20% off in some cases when x-checking in my early days of keen sense of duty.

When arriving at the payment counter I saw the third part of the money making machine which took only seconds to complete the job. Some suspicion arose.

After arrival in Thailand I asked my brother to check the scales and he arrived at the following result: 4 pieces of 20 kg each showed exactly 81 kg on those bathroom scales. Not 91.

I believe we got screwed. Emirates not available for complaints. Although wading through the internet, every reply would be one of the Emirates airline itself. Very effective IT defence. Hate to think what would have happened had I gotten through with the complaint. Flight itself was not as good as the airline makes you believe pre departure. Biz class compartment reminded me of the early attempts of large company's open space sea of office cubicles. PS: after a certain amount of the usual cawaffel at the airport she generously reduced the penalty by 3 kgs = 440 EUR!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

This is to let you know my feedback about the kind of service me, my family and other fellow passengers had to experience on our flight. We were flying from Atlanta to Dubai enroute Boston. To begin with our flight got delayed (I understand the weather was bad which was not in anyone’s hands) but unfortunately no one from Emirates was there to take care of the basics. We’re unable to contact the staff, tried calling for hours to Emirates' toll-free number that kept disconnecting; after a long wait when was able to speak to someone, they hung up on me addressing our problems (this happened 2 separate times). Just before we’re about to board the connecting JetBlue flight, upon checking online we got to know that the Emirates flight has been delayed as well and no one at JetBlue knew about this as their systems were not updated.

We’re advised by JetBlue crew that we need to discuss this with Emirates as this has nothing to do with them. Unable to connect anyone at Emirates, we boarded the delayed JetBlue flight and reached Boston airport at around 11:10 PM to find no one from Emirates was available to address any concerns of ours so we decided to go to the Emirates lounge. All other lounges were open except Emirates. I was shocked to see that there was not single ground staff from Emirates to address the concerns of ours and other passengers were stranded there as well. Met someone who flew in from Detroit and had reached Boston at 1 PM to find no one from Emirates was available (even at the times the lounge was supposed to be open - he tried multiple times throughout the day).

I decided to call Emirates again at around 3:30 am and was connected to a gentleman by the name Mohammed who seemed concerned and agreed that someone from Emirates should have been there to address the concerns, asked me to go to the lounge or hotels and Emirates would reimburse the paid amount (both options were ruled out as discussed in the email), address this with the ground supervisor before boarding the flight who could help us upgrade us to business class, and he was escalating this issue to his supervisor who would call me back and follow-up on this as well.

We decided to check-in a hotel, the hotel at airport had no vacancy and the other nearby hotels didn’t have a shuttle service. As we didn’t want to get stranded on the road as the weather was extremely bad, we ended up sitting on the hard seats of the airport that aggravated my wife’s back issues, she was in pain for the next 2 days, and my daughter couldn’t sleep at all due to which our other plans suffered. We missed the first night stay at our hotel in Dubai and missed the excursions we’re supposed to take with our family members whom we’re meeting for a day in Dubai after 10 years (couldn’t meet them due to this delay as well). Not only us but the other passengers (waiting for the same flight) we met, were also disturbed and disappointed by this issue.

In the morning, the ground staff showed up an hour before boarding and when all of us spoke to the supervisor regarding this matter, instead of apologizing he stated that there’s no one available from Emirates due to overworking the previous day and even if someone would be there, they won’t be able to help as this is a weather related issue, and played the blame game of stating that the JetBlue staff shouldn’t have let us board the flight from Atlanta to Boston in the first place. We were already tired and stressed about the delay and were hoping we could reach safely. My point to him was that when I spoke with the gentleman in the call center he had stated otherwise and told me to talk to the on-site supervisor and had put the notes regarding this in the system. The supervisor was in denial and instead of apologizing he stated that no notes were available at his end.

Frustrated with this and no option available, we all felt like an unwelcomed guest. The reason we paid premium for Emirates as compared to other flights available (for way cheaper airfare) was that we wanted our daughter to have the best vacation (that she was very excited and looking forward to) including great flying experience. We had heard a lot about Emirates experience but this has been our most disappointing and pathetic flying experience ever which makes us think that this was a mistake as Emirates doesn’t care about their customers. We have to fly back in a month and hopefully something could be done to compensate for the bad experience and hopefully doesn’t turn out to be our first and last experience flying Emirates. Requested Emirates to look into this and advise.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emirates Airlines?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

In July 2017, I booked a flight ticket to Barcelona for my wife and I, from 23rd December, return on the 2nd January 2018. I received the email confirmation with the schedule, and right after, the eNets payment was processed successfully, and I received the invoice by email. On the day of flying, we showed up at the counter for check-in and the lady told us we are not registered on the flight, they don't have our e-tickets number and we just can't go on this flight. When we received all the email confirmations that we booked on that flight, we did not realize that Emirates forgot to attach the two e-tickets numbers to validate and confirm our seats on the flight. It was a system booking error because we booked the tickets on the Emirates website and the payment was processed successfully.

When we showed up at the Emirates counter at 11 pm, the customer agents were not helping us at all, they were awful! They even told us it was our fault because we did not check correctly our tickets and we should have called them to let them know about the mistake... REALLY??? I have not seen my family for almost 2 years and was really looking forward to see them for Christmas, for which we all had made a lot of plans. I was already very stressed from what happened tonight and upset of our travel plans being disrupted and missing our vacation days. An officer from the call center in Dubai said we simply need to make a new booking on the next flight, the day after, but since the economy class was full, we had to buy a business class tickets if we really wanted to go and see my family... REALLY???

In the end, we booked a last minute flight with another company, we missed two days of holidays, I missed two days annual leaves (which is a lot of money), we missed a big family dinner reunion before Christmas, we had a lot of stress on the night of the 23rd December with little sleep, and the cherry on the top, we received no help or suggestion from the Emirates customer service.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

Emirates from Brussels to Dubai is good when all is fine but they manage very badly any problem even for business class. My luggage missed the connecting flight and they took 2 days to send them despite 2 flights per day. Hopeless airline to manage problem.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

On 2 Dec 2017 my family and departed from CT to Dubai. The flight was extremely full and uncomfortable. My seat was broken and the service from the crew members was not acceptable - they were unfriendly and not helpful at all. Upon arrival at Dubai Airport we proceeded to passport control where we handed in our passports as we should as per procedure. We had a very sick child with us and my daughters passport was not handed back to us for some weird reason. We left passport control and did not check due to the stress of having travelling with a sick child. We boarded for our next flight only to realize that we had one passport missing.

We proceeded to inform someone to assist us as the passport was clearly not handed back to us at passport control. The staff at Dubai Airport took their own sweet time to get back to us and assured us that the passport was not in their possession. We missed our flight but the guy assisting us did not give up. He eventually received a call from someone informing him that the passport had been with lost and found the entire time. Because of this delay and someone was too lazy to inform us we had to pay an R10000 for the next flight which was 6 hours away. We were forced to stay at the airport with a very sick child for an additional 6 hours, at an additional cost and because someone neglected to hand our child’s passport back to us. This is not acceptable and should not be allowed. Last point: the food on our flights from Emirates were disgusting and caused both my kids to fall ill.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Economy trip - Very bad experience especially for traveler with disability who I was traveling with. No help or any does not show any empathy to their difficulties. When complaint the blame was put on the traveler instead of solving the problem.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Hard to get water during 13 hour flight. Flight attendant got tiny cup of water for my wife, from the bathroom sink!! We saw her do it. Unbelievable. Most fast food is better than the meager meals that came with our $2300 per person ticket. Lost our bags for more than 1 day and we still do not have them. No person answers the phone. No Emirates people work at our destination. No compensation is their final answer. No help either. Nothing. Even the person on the chat room said we were out of luck. Will NEVER EVER FLY EMIRATES AGAIN.

We have options when we fly, and we fly regularly. Mistakes happen but the level of service is simply pathetic. Other airlines have lost our bags, and provided poor service, but only Aerolineas Argentinas and Emirates have failed to provide the minimum of customer service. Other airlines tried to fix their mistakes but NOT EMIRATES. One more thing, the Emirates website does NOT accept complaints. You get rerouted to the vacuum of space. And don't bother trying to call. They do not answer the phone.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

My name is Farah **. I was a passenger on the flight of Dec 14 (Dubai - Beirut). I booked my ticket in Oct to be surprised that the flight was overbooked and I had to postpone it to the next day. But after waiting 1 hour the problem was solved. Even though I had the worst seat, I was happy for being able to travel the same day. When I arrived to Beirut, I waited for more than 1 hour for my luggage to be surprised that they didn't arrive, and they asked me to come the next day (today) to get them. And it reached broken and half of my clothes were damaged and destroyed. I think that I had the worst customer service ever.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

RUDE, ARROGANT, Lack of EMPATHY Baggage Counter Service Staff By Name of Ismail (from Emirates?) Flew QF8433 operated by Emirates from Brisbane to Singapore on Thursday 27 July 2017. Emirates baggage check-in staff by the name of Ismail was extremely rude, arrogant and accorded me with extreme lousy customer service.

He spoke to me rudely and arrogantly and at one point he wanted to push my luggage from the check-in to the floor! And he refused to let my friend help me carry my hand carrier (weight within limits per person) even though I couldn't carry myself due to arthritis pain - this is the kind of worst customer service ever! One without empathy and compassion for its customer... And this is Emirates... It was a total let down! An utter disappointment! I am appalled with Emirates service! They should not employ people who do not have the aptitude for good customer service and tarnish their brand name. That chap Ismail certainly tarnished the name Emirates. Disgusting service rendered by Ismail from Emirates.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I tried contacting the customer multiple times over the last two months with regards to this refund. The customer service representatives have sent multiple internal emails to refund center, requesting for the details as to why it was not a full refund when the Child has not traveled at all. Speaking to the customer service it looks like the JetBlue flight ticket from Pittsburgh to Boston was reissued, and the reason for that is not to know. But considering as if the Child has traveled that flight, they have refunded only the partial amount.

If you consider how would a child on lap travel only for the connection flight when the whole flight ticket is from Pittsburgh to Hyderabad, India. Secondly, as I called the customer service couple of days before the travel date about cancelling the child ticket due to ill health, I was informed to wait until the journey is complete and then apply for ticket, and it was also mentioned that since the child doesn't occupy a seat, even if the ticket is cancelled after the journey it should not matter as long as the child did not travel. All the customer services representatives that I spoke to have clearly mentioned that it should have been a full refund, and the refund center, if they have any doubt about child traveling the partial flight, can be easily verified by reaching out to JetBlue.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Having flown UAE for many years I cannot believe how poor and darn right cheating they have become. Cannot complain via email until flight is completed. What a joke. Booked through DialAFlight UK, superb for years. As usual requested Airbus for all flights. Emirates changed two of the four flight to 777. When I phoned up DialAFlight they agreed they had suddenly changed planes. Not enough demand for Airbus. Filthy dirty plane UNCLEANED. Also charging £80 to book seats is a new evil rip of charge. 4 flights at £20 a go!!! Have had food poisoning before but let them off. This latest despicable change of flight I cannot take. I WILL NEVER FLY ** EMIRATES AGAIN. Do not fly with UAE look on the internet... pure greed AIR HOSTESSES LEAVING. Shame on Emirates. GOODBYE. Take my money elsewhere. Cheating me.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I have been misled by the Emirates online ticketing to pay £2219.03 for the Business Flex Plus fare which told me it’s free cancellation and change anytime without any restricted area. However, when I canceled it, I have been only refund £1324.40! I bought the ticket on September 2 and canceled it on September 19. I have spent two months to call and email them but still no full refund! Although some customer hotline staff do agree what I said to have full refund as it’s FLEX PLUS. They promised me to follow up and call me but nothing happened! Moreover, the customer hotline 0344 800 2777 is not fixed the reception in UK but also India and Dubai that I couldn’t find the same person I had talked to!

They did use the terms and conditions which as you know it’s small and so many words to say that it’s not workable for the return tickets. If so, why Emirates still popped up the options to ask her customer to pay much more for the Flex Plus. Moreover, Emirates has also shown the difference among the options and said that Flex Plus means free to cancel or change anytime. I am very upset and frustrated to her tricky way to deal with her customer and no more response until now! Her misrepresentation is totally against the Consumer Right Act! But I cannot find any institutions in the UK to deal with this issue! It seems no way to get the justice!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

My mother was travelling alone in a wheelchair from Mumbai to Washington on 23-Jan-2013. She missed her flight from Dubai due to 3 hours delay at Mumbai airport, while we were informed and assured by Emirates staff that the connecting flight to Washington would wait. Their Customer Call Center informed us that both Mumbai to Dubai and Dubai to IAD flights are delayed and the Dubai – Washington (IAD) flight would wait. They misguided us by confirming that the flight from Dubai to Washington (IAD) was delayed and would wait for IAD bound passengers.

However it wasn't the case and the Dubai – Washington IAD flight departed without picking IAD bound passengers. She was in Dubai without any information on her next flight, and the Emirates staff didn't offer any assistance whatsoever, she was booked for a London bound flight and a connecting flight from London to Washington (in British Airways) on a waiting list without her consent.

We had to cancel that booking and book a flight back to Mumbai with considerable difficulty and effort, because of which we had to suffer mental anguish along with long phone conversations with your customer care. She was kept waiting for 12 hours in Dubai and very little information was provided to her. And my brother and I had to call long distance to my mom in Dubai and Emirates customer center to coordinate the travel details. In fact your staff is so callous that they removed her wheelchair option on her return ticket from Dubai to Mumbai because of which she had to carry her own luggage and she hurt her hand and back in the process and had to undergo medical treatment and rest.

We had to incur the following costs due to misguidance by Emirates staff and Call Center. Full Air Fare (Ticket Price) – Rs. 77,844. Medical Costs - Rs. 20,000. Mumbai Transportation Cost - Rs. 5,000. International Phone Costs - Rs. 10,000. Lost of Productivity Rs. 40,000. Grand Total Expenses Rs. 152844. Emirates has an extremely bad customer service & call center. Their flights may be good, but they are limited. If you miss a flight, they have no options for alternate flights. They don't have a fair refund policy for canceled flights. Their call center reps are rude and give false information. Please avoid Emirates.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

So disappointed with the poor level of service and extremely disproportionate charges you have levied regarding my booking **. £238 for a price difference of £38 across two tickets. £20 per person per seat per leg of journey to book a seat beside my husband = £240 if I choose to do so. Whilst I appreciate you stipulate that these details are given in your terms and conditions, I, as a well traveled individual both in business and leisure, would not, and have never, experienced this poor level of service with any airline. Your Extreme poor customer service repeatedly telling me I was in a “saver” ticket and made to feel like I was traveling with a budget airline. This is a once in a lifetime trip with my husband to celebrate our 25 year (silver wedding) anniversary and I wish I had not fallen for the “luxury” tag that is assumed when flying Emirates. Totally disheartened and disappointed and now dreading our flights in January.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

If you buy their flights in any deal be aware you will be sucked in any trap either calling your family sick in flight and hold you not to onboard next flight. They don't do that in here in US but when you reach to Dubai you and your family will be trapped... You can't ask them flight sickness bags... because they don't feel you're human. Their dirty flights, exchanged food dishes, reused food will make you sick... Fake ground staff, do not trust them mainly PRO.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I was dumped, literally dumped, by Emirates after the first leg of a three leg journey on 14th October 2017. I had flown from PE to Johannesburg and was flying on to Dubai and thereafter to Abidjan. The purpose of my trip was to attend a meeting on Monday 16th. I planned to arrive in Abidjan on 15th, attend the meeting on 16th and fly home on 17th.

In Johannesburg I went to the Emirates check in only to be told I had been offloaded from an overbooked flight (EK764) inspite that my booking was confirmed. The solution to this was for Emirates to offer me a night in a hotel and to fly me to Dubai the following night - meaning I would miss my meeting (the purpose of my journey) spend one night in a hotel and then fly all the way home again. I refused this option as I had told the person helping me that if I did not fly on 14th it was not worth flying at all. In order to get this far, I stood, ignored, at the check in desk for 90 minutes. To add insult to injury, Emirates could not provide me with a flight back to Port Elizabeth, the origin of my journey, and I had to buy a new, one way ticket, from BA.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I recently was on EK 212 from Houston to Dubai. When they served dinner, I ate the raw salad, within short time I got sick. I still had 12 hrs of flight time to Dubai. When I asked for some help from the crew... they said, "Sorry we do not have any herbal tea." When I got to Dubai I missed my flight as Gates had changed, I was very sick in to Dubai. So I go to the ticketing counter, tell her what happened. The girl was so rude, asked me if I still wanted to go to Mumbai, if I did not have the money to call my family. I was looked down (being Indian). I paid $623, got on the next flight to Mumbai.

Here I was sick from something EK had served me on the flight. No one cared. I have written to EK... told me it will take 30 days before someone gets back to me. I think they are overrated. Worse customer service they have. In-flight crew are not friendly at all. I am not going to be flying with EK anymore. Dubai staff are very unfriendly. I am telling everyone about my experience with them.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I have purchased the ticket Hyderabad Boston Dammam Hyderabad through Flyways Travels also known as Al Safariyat Travels at Chapel Road Hyderabad on 30-Jun-17. Passenger names: Ameen ** E-ticket No: **. Asfia ** E-ticket No: ** Booking reference no: ** Date From To Flight No 5-Aug-17 Hyderabad Dubai EK525. 5-Aug-17 Dubai Boston EK237. 10-Sep-17 Boston Dubai EK238. 11-Sep-17 Dubai Dammmam EK821. 27-Oct-17 Dammam Dubai EK826. 27-Oct-17 Dubai Hyderabad EK524.

I paid INR 206,000 INR two hundred and six thousand only for 2 tickets to the travel agent Mr. **, and submitted the passports & photos to the travel agent for the stamping of Saudi Visit Visa. At the time of submission the visa was valid, to be endorsed before 7 Jul17. Due to the embargo imposed by the Saudi government because of the hajj season, the visa was not endorsed as advised by the travel agent on 13-Jul-17. Hence, I asked the travel agent to cancel the ticket and get me the refund.

After that I spoke myself to the Emirates and found that, there will be penalty of INR 7,000 per ticket and the Dubai Dammam sector. Ticket will not be refunded. However, the tax taken on Dubai Dammam sector will be refunded along with HYD BOS HYD sector and I communicated the same thing to the travel agent Mr. ** and asked him to process the refund. My communication with Emirates staff was recorded and the Emirates staff also advised that, she is writing the notes in the system, so as to keep a track of communication with me and to help the other Emirates staff, what has been discussed and advised to me.

Break up of deductions advised by Emirates office. Penalty for cancellation INR 7,000 x 2 tickets = INR 14,000. Non refundable sector DXB DMM DXB INR 8,500 x 2 Tickets = INR 17,000. Total deductible INR 31,000. Net refundable after deductions = INR 175,000. On 19-Jul-17 the travel agent Mr. ** spoke to the Emirates staff in front of me and got the same confirmation as mentioned above and Mr. ** also recorded the voice conversation between him and the Emirates staff in his mobile and also obtained the written confirmation by email from Emirates Airlines. On 20-July-17 when I spoke to the travel agent Mr. **, he advised me that, due to the recent implementation of GST rules Emirates Airlines will credit the Flyways Travel Agency account only on 01st Aug 17 and on 01 Aug17 he will RTGS the proceeds to my bank account with HSBC.

Problem statement. On 1-Aug-17 when I went to collect the refund from the agent, he advised me that, Emirates Airlines are deducting more than INR 60,000 as cancellation and penalty charges and that he will trying to contact the airlines sales office in New Delhi to get the refund as previously agreed. I’m not sure what happened after that.

On 28-Aug-17 he the travel agent Mr. ** sent me WhatsApp message stating that, he will refund me INR 175,000 (INR One Lakh seventy five thousand only) as agreed with Emirates provided if I can wait till 11-Sep-17. On 12-Sep-17 the travel agent refunded me INR 150,700- (INR One Lakh fifty thousand & seven hundred only) stating that he got only this amount from Emirates.

Request. I request the Emirates Airlines to investigate the entire episode, the facts mentioned above and retrieve the recorded conversation, emails etc. from the travel agent and arrange for the full reimbursement INR 175k as agreed and advised by the Emirates Airlines staff to me and the travel agent Mr. ** as well. Much appreciates your prompt action to resolve this issue to refund the amount as agreed.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I have travelled with Emirates for 3 to 4 times and it was a good experience but the last one was a nightmare. I booked my tickets for me and my wife 3 months in advance and was travelling with an lap infant. I booked the front row seat for bassinet (Dubai to NY is almost 14 hours flight). A week before travel they just cancelled one of the seat number and allocated to a different row seat which I noticed a day before travel.

When I called they told it was cancelled by the agent with whom I booked the ticket which was never the case, since my agent can still see the old seat numbers confirmed in his system. It seems Emirates has cancelled on my seats and allocated to someone else and put the blame on my agent. Me and my agent had to speak several times with the customer service and NO USE, they never changed my seats back and I had to travel without an bassinet on 14 hours flight with lap infant. I never expected such a cheap behavior from Emirates.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I traveled on flight EK 612 from Dubai to Islamabad 30th Aug 2017 seat no 43h. It's a connecting flight from UK to Pak. Birmingham to Dubai. It's fine. I suggest the people not to fly Emirates for Asian country. It's not first time but this time I decided that I will never fly with Emirates again. They are late for Asian countries. Maybe some reasons it will be accepted if staff is good and polite. This time they were very rude and presuming that if anybody complaint nothing happen and laughing. Staff served breakfast half heartedly missing me, maybe some other people as well. When I complaint to cabin crew in charge (Amena) she didn't ask the person who is serving and neither sorry and saying it's human error. It can happen saying left right. Cut it short I will never use Emirates again.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

First I would like to say that I have never flown on Emirates Airlines before. I have heard wonderful things about them and so I decided to give them a try on my recent trip to Egypt. Needless to say my flight was cancelled on my way back in Dubai due to a hurricane in Houston Texas. I understand Mother Nature had a fault in this and not the airline but staying stuck in an airport for a day and a half and not one of Emirates representatives would offer me a hotel voucher or food voucher. Any type of assistance is unacceptable for any business. I would never fly them again. I would never recommend anyone to fly them only because of the way they treated me. No one took ownership of the problem or the situation. Every time I spoke to a supervisor they passed it off to another supervisor and I spoke to maybe and I lost count after 14.

Supervisor wined it up having to purchase a ticket from Orlando to Austin. No type of refund or compensation for a night in a half of not being able to sleep because I'm alone, a woman in a foreign country with no type of lodging or anything to be taken care of. Thank God for a small coffee shop inside the airport that offered me water. So I'm a little upset disappointed and having spent an enormous amount of money for a airplane ticket for a vacation that I thought would be a great experience with a top-notch, according to a lot of my friends, of Airline and yeah that was not the case so buyer beware. Make sure that you cross your t's and dot your I's with Emirates. I haven't heard from them either so just leave the bad taste in your mouth as a consumer.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I had to travel from Dubai back to New York with my child. I was told the flight is totally booked while I purchased my ticket a month ahead of time. The first customer service made me wait for almost an hour checking thing in his computer that I am sure has no idea how. Then sent me to different counter to face different misery, an ** person who took forever to search her system while I asked what is going on. I was told to shut up and sit. I felt offended. I wanted to know why I should be dragged that long for tickets that are purchased a month ago. I asked to talk to her supervisor. She got all mad and gave me nasty look banging on her computer and said she is not going to give me my tickets if "I don't shut." This lady from her country "next counter" came to us. They were speaking their language then the ** lady said these are people who come to Dubai to "Collect ** money."

I had a serious heated conversation with them replying to her immoral sentence. All of sudden all other woman working in the same counter area join to gang up. I felt I was in the middle of savage forest. I never ever saw such thing in my life. I traveled many times with different airlines. This is horrible. Their supervisor join his gang by stopping me from flying because I "Shouldn't reply to the Prejudice gang" who came from nowhere to attack me with all kind of nasty statement. They attacked my 13 years old child too. This ** woman was ready to get off her counter to beat us up. I went to the police airport to complain. I was held there for 4 hours. They make me miss my flight and pay for different ones while it's their fault.

The airport director with a Syrian accent was very cold and did not care while I said "How can I pay for tickets while it was you and your staff fault that my flight was missed." It's horrible experience. My child ended up with an asthma attack because of the aggravation the Emirates staff exposed us to. Violating our rights as customers. I love that country but will not return back. I was treated very unfairly. I feel bad the Emirates is represented by people who are far away from being civil, they come from countries where their freedom is suppressed and they express that in their way of dealing with customers. Emirates needs to rethink about choosing her ground staff.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Over 5 months ago I bought a jewelry piece as an in-flight duty free purchase on Emirates flight Dubai-NYC. When I landed and opened the box and looked closer, it appeared to be a very low quality piece, not worth the money they charged, and broken. I returned it immediately. They took it back. But since then Emirates has not been able to make the refund. They keep my money and I can do nothing about it. I spent a lot of time filing out request forms on their website, exchanging emails with their customer affairs representative in NYC, but it seems like they do not really care about it. I feel ignored, and helpless. And they were supposed to be a trusted brand. But they are not.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Emirates Airlines should query its staff who were on duty to check in passengers on July 15, 2017 for the 00:05 flight at Shanghai PVG in China. I went to check in and my hand luggage suitcase was 7kg. How do you tell me that you will not allow me to go on flight because I have a backpack as well. I go on board and see people carrying heavier and worse than me.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Where shall I start?! Well firstly most people suffer from motion sickness right?! My daughter suffers from this and on our return journey home from Thailand we are on our last flight from Dubai back to Gatwick and my daughter has been sick and I go to hand the sick bag to the cabin staff who happens to be the supervisor. Anyway she comes back with pen and paper and decides my daughter has an illness (since when is motion vij was an illness!) jots down few details and offloads a 15 year old... My husband and other daughter continue on home as they don't need to stay with us. We are assured that the Emirates will take care of us and will book us on the next flight home!

Ok anyway we're in medical and are advised by numerous staff and the doctor that my daughter is fit for travel and should not have been offloaded. She simply needs rest and hydration. By this time we have been awake 16 hours. We are left outside the medical centre with no Emirates staff and told to go find emirates desk. Ok so I after going through security again then three floors with luggage and finally 3rd person at the desk we are told it will cost us to book us back on another flight. I am in tears and after speaking with several different people we are left stranded!! I have no choice and begrudgingly pay the extra money in addition to what we have already paid and wait for our next flight which is 2.45 am in the early hours.

By now my daughter and I are both emotions distressed and exhausted. Was not even offered bottle of water!! Contacted Emirates customer affairs to complain but they simply don't give a **!! They care only about money and how they can make extra money off distressed people. The cabin staff also need to learn the consequences of their actions and how much unnecessary distress they cause passenger! Will never fly emirates ever again and would advise anyone else to think twice because only substandard service and misery awaits with emirates. Trust me when I say awful airline! Anyone else had issues. Oh and I didn't even mention the fact we had no vegetation food just couple croissants and water given to us.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I have booked with Emirates Airlines for quite a long time already along with my family. At the time of booking I was not able to select the seats because the seat selection wasn't open (generally open before 60 days on flight). Before 30 days of my flight, I thought to select the seats but found that each seat I have selected is asking fro extra charges. I called customer service and they have told me that seat selection policy has changed and now you will have to pay per extra charge per seat. I will never travel with Emirates in future...

Original review: June 23, 2017

I always prefer to fly with Emirates, and willing to fly again in July 2017, but disappointed when they do discrimination or unfair with their clients. I booked my ticket last time from Khartoum and I got a luggage allowance of 2pc, same if I book from London, but this time I am booking my ticket from Lahore to Khartoum and I am allowed to carry only 35 kg which is not fair. Why are they people in Lahore not paying full amount to Emirates. This is totally unfair and I have to choose a different airline which offer 2pc to such a long-haul flight. Emirates have to change their policy.

Emirates Company Information

Emirates Airlines
www.emirates.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use