3.24/5
Based on 1,069 ratings submitted in the last year

1463 Frontier Airlines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I just got off with customer service and spent over an hour on the phone filling out forms online, sending it back to be verified to fly with my ESA. They are requiring me to physically go to my therapist prior to every flight to get her signature on this form. Due to a last minute reservation for work I didn't have the ability to provide her signature, so my ESA was declined.

I am now having to buy a carrier as well as pay for my ESA to fly as a regular pet. I fly often for work and rarely have 48hrs notice myself. This system is flawed and gives me anxiety just talking with their customer service just for them to say the same thing over and over that they need a signature from your doctor each time you travel as well as 48 hrs minimum to review it.

I do not feel like I'm being treated fairly with a diagnosed disability of PTSD that this company has induced an attack just by talking with their customer service and being transferred over and over again with zero assistance or resolve. A lot of airlines are changing their regulations, but this is just too much. I provided every piece of information they required with the same answer of we can't help you. I will need to go to my therapist, pay the 200$ fee for the visit prior to every flight.

I travel about 4 times per month for work so this is not a viable solution for travel with ESA. I can't afford to get a signature from a doctor stating the exact same thing the ESA letter provides. Unless I forged my doctors signature this form is not a solution to traveling with your company with an ESA. Don't waste your time talking with customer service, you will not get anywhere. Just fly with a different airline that accepts ESA and not give you a hard time for your disability.

Having an ESA is making travel very difficult and based on ADA Americans Disability Act having my ESA is a civil right that I feel I am being discriminated against due to my need for an emotional support animal. We need a better solution. I do not feel I am being treated fairly and I do not think this company has shown any compassion and did not provide a solution.

They need to add a database that can expire yearly if needed to add your therapist's information into so that they can refer to that so you can complete this form once, have my therapist sign one time rather than each time I fly. I know I'm not the only person in this position, which is why I'm writing this at all. I would like to see more complaints about your experiences with traveling with an ESA so we can hopefully see a change with all airlines and find a solution that doesn't make our lives and travel so difficult.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Our flight was cancelled due to "maintenance problems". So we had to rent a car and drive back 19 hours. Get home and filled out their return application online. Waited 6 weeks. Nothing. Called them. Got "It will be sent out soon to you." Waited another 3 weeks. Nothing. Called again. Long story short, have been calling for 4 weeks now, they tell me I was approved for the refunds 2 full months ago and to wait another 4-6 weeks. So now after waiting another 4-6 weeks... I called them after a full 2 months. They tell me they have no information that it was ever accepted and now want me to reapply with all the information again. Even though, I did to start with and I got their "Incident # ".

Then they tell me I can not send any information to them via bank receipts and only want paper receipts to file to get reimbursed for the car rental and gas. Even though it NEVER said that when I filled this report out 4 months ago to what they wanted. This is such a scam. They have all the information right there, all filled out the way they requested. Now they say they don't have this information and want it again, but this time only in paperwork. You get what you paid for. ** airline I have ever flown, and I have flown well over 200 times. This was the very first time I have flown this airline because it was direct flight and good price. It ended up costing me an extra $900 for the car and gas, and 19 hours of driving.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I have no complaints on my flying experience with Frontier and I think a canceled flight could happen to any airline. However, making you spend $1,600 (I had for passengers) on another flight because they canceled the flight you were supposed to be in and not sending a reimbursement check in a timely manner (or at all in my case) is appalling. Many phone calls later and nothing has happened. The first promise was 14 days, then the check got "lost" and "reissued" and I'm on week five of my second wait and haven't received it yet.

I did my research and found the General Counsel's address. I plan to give them another week and if I don't receive the check, I will prepare a complaint to be filed with the small claims court. I'm going as far as to mail the complaint to their GC and see if that does the trick but if it doesn't I'm prepared to go all the way. Someone has to draw the line and start a formal record of what this airline is doing. At first I thought my situation was an isolated event but after reading the other reviews here, I realize I'm not alone and, even though I wanted to give the airline the benefit of the doubt, I realize that I was deceived. I don't have their information on me now but I plan to post here at a later date the results of my research for others to use.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

5 Months and No Reimbursement for Canceled Flight - I've been flying for about 8-15 times a year for the last 15 years and have never encountered a situation in which a flight is canceled but the airline reps keeps saying 4-6 weeks for reimbursement. I seriously can't believe that the DOT and Frontier management allows this type of deception to exist at this level. I didn't freak out when the flight was canceled because I felt like the company was legitimate but I won't be surprised if Frontier execs end up in jail sometime in the future. Frontier needs to be investigated immediately.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

We will probably have to rethink flying Frontier with two of our small children on board. As I apologize to the attendant leaving the airplane about my two-and-a-half-year daughter crying, she told me pretty rudely that I would need to be concerned about the other passengers. Just the way it was said in front of the other passengers it look very much that we were unwelcome on the flight. The other attendant ** gentleman, as I was holding my daughter in my lap, told me that she would need to be seated in her seat and the seat belt should be put on, because she paid for the ticket or there would be an alternative plan, which sounded very threatening.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

They will cancel your flight and make it impossible to get a reimbursement. You will spend hours on the phone getting nowhere. Customer service is non-existent. Don't make the same mistake I did to save a few bucks. You will end up spending more.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Health ER required to change flight. Could not do it. Had to call and got charged $20 to talk to a person, charged $99 for change fee. Refund procedure deducts $50 off your flight amount and gives you "shell" which is a credit only. What a ripoff. Also seats are bad and service is lousy, never fly it again.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

This airline is terrible! We flew a couple family members out for Thanksgiving and they were to return to Orlando today only to find their flight was canceled upon arriving at the airport. Frontier offered no assistance in rebooking. Only offered them a stupid $50 voucher pp to use on a future flight. This has got to be THE WORST AIRLINE EVER!!! Please do yourself a favor and go anywhere else!!!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Flew Frontier from MCO to PWM on 20 Nov 18, good flight no issues. Return scheduled for 24 Nov 18 was delayed then cancelled after boarding the flight (computer issues). Customer service only offered to refund our return airfare, would not assist with alternate arrangements other than leave two days later on same itinerary. Was told on the third call they would reimburse us up to $400 per person and we would receive an e-mail with details. Customer service reps on the phone tried to tell me the flight was not cancelled despite the fact we were removed from the plane and the gate agents told us it was cancelled. Low prices, poor service and unprofessional. Would like to give them 0 stars.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

We flew with Frontier on Thanksgiving Day from Charlotte to Philadelphia. Our luggage never reached the destination. Customer service was horrible, it was like it’s not a big deal at all. I was told luggage was left behind in Charlotte and you will get it next day and someone will call you. No one called and when I tried to call no answer, finally someone picked up and had no idea what to do. Long story short still have not received the luggage. Terrible customer service. Looks like bunch of jokers trying to run the operations.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

For 1.5 hour they said delay due to cleaning! Then send us all like herd of cattle to another gate because that plane was not mechanically fit to fly! Total delay 2.5 hours. I paid less for non-stop from SFO to Chicago by Virgin - no charge for the carry-on luggage and no charge for the picking up my seats! Frontier NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Two days before Thanksgiving my family and I arrived at the airport in Las Vegas to take a Frontier flight to Sacramento that departed at 5 pm. The line was long (at least 30 people) and there were only 2 agents at the counter. We arrived at the airport one hour before the flight that was to depart, but by the time we got to the counter it was 4:25 pm. They refused to take our suitcase because as they explained they need 45 minutes to take our suitcase to the plane. They told us to try it as a carry on at TSA. That didn't work, and we missed the flight.

When we returned to the ticket counter, the agent that attended to us was busy telling a man who was asking for a wheelchair, it was too late for that. He told the man if he knew he needed a wheelchair, why he didn't arrive earlier? They couldn't do anything for us because they only had that flight and a Sunday flight between LAS and SAC. So, we drove 8.5 hours through the night to Sacramento. The next day they were willing to give us a $25 voucher! What an insult to injury! We are never flying Frontier Airlines again!!!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

STAY AWAY. Frontier Airlines is the worst airline available. Time and time again my flights have been delayed hours, sometimes cancelled. Guess what happens when they cancel? Well, once you're at the gate and you find out that the flight has been cancelled by pure rumours (no representative wants to go anywhere near the counter when this happens), you get to go back out of security and stand in a line for an hour to get the forty dollars you spent on your flight refunded. I wish I could say you get what you pay for, but with this company you get far, far less.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I will never fly Frontier again. I gave you a chance and you blew it. I’m back to Delta Airlines. The reason for this your seats are very uncomfortable, hard on your legs and back. No free drink of coffee or water or soda. As Frontier charges for this. And Frontier charges for carry on bag. No warning no other airline does this. No wonder you can afford to buy a plane every 30 days on how you're ripping customers off. On top of that try to force a credit card down your customers' throats during flight. Don’t ever worry about me being a customer again. I’ll be on any airline except Frontier Airlines. If anyone is smart go elsewhere. If I could I give Frontier Airlines a -50 star rating. When I got to Orlando from New Orleans my bag ended up on the other side of the airport. An inconvenience only the airport could tell me. Not even the airline tell their customers.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I was not aware of the check bag policy. Is that one of the many ways they make money. It's best to travel without any clothes cause you basically have to pay for your clothes to travel as well. ** thieves. Next thing they charge for snacks. You're only allowed one free cup of water. You mean to tell me that this airline is that ** broke they have to steal money from passengers by other means. Flying with my 4 yr old son and my 12 yr old daughter. The best thing was they somehow managed to keep us seated together unlike Southwest. Never again will I ever fly nor will I recommend this airline to anyone. ** you...

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Frontier canceled a flight from Tampa to Cincinnati at the last minute for "maintenance problems". There was no assistance provided for rebooking, each person was left on their own. The airline makes it intentionally difficult to get compensation for the trouble they caused: no live agent, no booking assistance, and after filing a complaint with the invoices occurred due to rebooking travel, no compensation. A $100 voucher for a future flight on Frontier does not cut it. We had to spend 3x our original cost and fly into a different airport, then spend $$ to get home and recover our car at the original airport. Appalling. I have heard nothing back from this airline other than the stupid $100 voucher for a future flight.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I recently flew via Frontier Airlines, and one month later, I had an "in-person" charge posted to my credit card. Now, keep in mind that I used to purchase my airfare online. I also said NOT to keep my CC info for future use. I never purchased anything during the flight. This only means one thing: they are not keeping credit card information secure, and/or they have some criminal enterprise running on the inside. Do not use Frontier Airlines, the money you save may be stolen back from you. Now, no thanks to Frontier, I have to re-establish all of my credit card recurring payments.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Worst airline I have ever flown! ZERO customer service, even after a month of back and forth with Kalie in "customer service" I have gotten nowhere. They left me stranded in 2 airports, making a 2 hr flight into a 3 day ordeal, then they overcharged me on in flight purchases and refused to correct the charges. They feel that even though it doesn't even come close to the expenses incurred even for the original ticket, they feel that a $100 voucher for future travel on THEIR airline is more than enough compensation! NEGATIVE!!! Why on earth would I want to go through that again, or even risk it knowing that if something were to happen, they don't care enough about their customers to even try. NO WAY! Don't risk it, the cheap price isn't worth it!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Frontier Airlines. We want our money back. We want refund as we cannot use your vouchers given to us cause we stay in India. We were made to wait inside the flight for 6 hours and later my flight was canceled. Kindly cancel my vouchers and refund my money.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Although the crew was very nice this is a terrible, low quality airline. The seats are absolutely horrible to sit in with no ability to recline. They are extremely uncomfortable which caused me severe back pain for the entire flight. There is also very little leg room, tiny tray tables, and they also charge for every snack and beverage except for tap water. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this pitiful, low budget, bottom of the barrel airline. I have no idea how they are staying in business but I will never use them again.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

If I could give zero or negative stars, I would. I can’t lie, I did have great customer service when flying out of the San Diego airport. The lady was great and helpful. Now I’m sitting in New Orleans, I just got back to the States from a cruise with my family and we came to the airport together from the ship. My family is flying Spirit and I am flying Frontier. My entire family was able to check their bags and I have to wait three hours until noon to check my bag when my boarding starts at 12:50 and my flight leaves at 1:36. I showed my military ID to an ** woman with red hair who claims to be the manager but I think she has an issue with military personnel and is doing what she can to give me a hard time. Online, the Frontier website says (just like every other airline) that you should be checking in at LEAST two hours prior to boarding. This is my first and last time flying with Frontier and I do not suggest, especially to military personnel, to ever fly with Frontier.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Missing Clothes and Colognes!! This is really unacceptable, we had A 30 hr delay because of canceled flights and there were no connecting flights for us until after we missed our important event for college recruiters that we were flying to meet before freshman check-in. And then we finally get to our destination on Friday morning!! After arriving to the airport on Wednesday evening out of ONT my luggage is lost! And we didn’t get it until that night! With plastic wrapped around it and to go through it, LATER THAT NIGHT at 11:50 pm and find that things were gone! (OVER $500) worth of merchandise. I made a call at 12:55 am on a 19 min call letting them know about the items, then to be told to keep the same BAGGAGE CLAIM # as a reference for my claim (LIE).

Called the day after to follow up. Of course that was the wrong department and to call this # ** ALESIA, BAGGAGE SPECIALIST AT THE CENTRAL BAGGAGE SERVICE. They leave you on hold for hours, then she says “we can offer you A VOUCHER FOR $100 or send me your phone records that show you called in the 24 hr period of your items missing.” I sent Alesia’s dept. My AT&T phone records several weeks later, Alesia says ”They didn’t get it”??? (Disrespectful). So, now it’s September, sent them again... Still waiting... October I called to be hold over 2 HRS! Finally, 50 mins later Alesia answers (they must have called I.D) and says “they denied my claim because I didn’t call them in 24 hrs” which was only the 25th HOUR!!!

I am still current waiting on the 48 hr call (11/9/2018) back that been 45 HRS AGAIN! I’ve been TOLD THIS SINCE AUGUST 8th. For the real kicker consumers there is a Facebook video with airline employee stealing out of someone's luggage... IMJ#proof #STOPSTEALING #IFEELDISRESPECTED #CONGRESS #LEGISLATURE #BOARDOFREGULATIONS. This was a terrible time ON OUR first journey to arrive ON OUR college experience. One Life, One Love.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

8/12/18 from Orlando to Cincinnati Flight 1961. Had a flight canceled in August from MCO to CVG. Was given a couple of options of another Frontier flight, none of worked with my situation. Booked with another airline using the website they provided me at the gate. Was told I would be reimbursed 400 pp in 5-7 business days. 6 phone calls and countless emails later I have yet to receive my refund. Lie after Lie after Lie. Was even told that a check was mailed with a check # provided. I was told to allow 14 days for it to arrive. After 14 days and no check, I called back. They stated they would cancel the check and mail another. With that being said, after 14 days even though the check was "canceled" it still should have arrived at my house by now, 22 days later. This story runs much deeper than this review. I am entering day number 86 of this situation. I'll never give this airline another dime.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

My flight got cancelled back in August due to mechanical issues. I was communicated via email of cancellation on way to airport, so I turned back. I got second email with apologies and with three options for making it right. I choose option one and never received my chosen option. I ended buying other tickets with other airline - of course more money due to short notice. Anyhow, it’s now November and still have not received my refund. After several calls to customer service and not getting nowhere but we are sorry! Lie after lie to only push blame to other departments thru their company on why I have not received my refund is frustrating. I have decided to cut my losses and never fly with this company again, yes it’s cheaper but not worth the headache or the $4.99 soda can!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Was told flight was on the ground could not move because of fog. Went to website... Flight was delayed 3 hours. Told me a lie... and their additional charges for bags... charged in Austin but not New Orleans for the same bag. STAY AWAY.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Charges and costs look good initially, but come into range of others with baggage up charges and fees. Worst part is the amazingly uncomfortable seating. Plastic seats on all flights I used recently with padded slipcovers. No reclining makes for really bad back experience for flight over an hour. Everyone around me was up and stretching out every hour or so. My wife was almost in tears by end of four hour flight. Crew was fairly indifferent too in attitude. Kinda surprising. Bring your own snacks and water too. Everything comes at an additional cost. Pay the few extra dollars and fly a quality airline. Your back and knees will thank you.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

We were flying to Albuquerque from Orlando. When we were getting ready to take off, the plane had some unexpected mechanical issues. Our flight was delayed and ultimately canceled. We ended up having to purchase other plane tickets through another airline. I put in for a request to have the money we spent on extra plane tickets refunded by Frontier and after we talked back and forth for a little while, we worked out the issue and got a refund of the full amount. It was quick and prompt and we appreciate the extent of their service.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I find Frontier and their pricing model deceptive. Creating a terrible customer experience. Recently had a round trip flight from Denver to San Diego. United was our outbound carrier and Frontier was our returning carrier. The problem is Frontier's website makes it very difficult to add services like bags and then force you to pay a higher fee at the airport for running a credit card. Talk about sticking it to the customer. United site was very easy to navigate and know exactly what you are paying for and complete the transaction. Much better experience. Frontier is a ripoff I will only fly them in the future if I absolutely have to! Their flight ended up twice as much as United and an extremely bad experience from the website to the check in counter. They hide the fact that you don't have to pay for a seat on the site as well.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Continuous delays, poor communication and terrible customer service continue to plague this company. We’ve flown this airline quite a few times and have had too many issues to list in this message. We’ve been stranded in 2 different locations because the company cancelled the flight last minute and then essentially told the customers to figure out alternative options. Everything about the company is second rate — it’s worth the few extra dollars to fly with a real airline.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Frontier canceled my flight to Orlando just about 2 hours before departure. They did not even inform me of this cancellation and I learned it long after it was announced. I was given no assistance in rebooking by Frontier airport staff and told to help myself. This proved very stressful for me and my wife as other flights seats quickly vanished. I ended up purchasing 2 AA flights via Charlotte to Sarasota (and NOT Orlando!) and arrived to my destination at 2 am instead of 9 pm.

My wife has serious medical issues (scoliosis and chronic TMJ pain) and single non-stop flight was needed to minimize her pain. This 10-hour ordeal was extremely painful and stressful for her. In addition, I had to rebook a car rental for Sarasota instead of Orlando and my cost went up about $150. This airline should NOT be in business. Nonexistent customer service. They do NOT care about their customers!

Frontier Airlines Company Information