2. Travel
  3. Airlines

3.8/5 (1455 ratings)

About Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?

Original review: April 1, 2021

I’ve found from my local airport that Frontier is the cheapest way to fly when I keep my eye out for deals. I’ve flown a few times over the past few months with them and they're strict with their Covid protocols.

Original review: March 22, 2021

Frontier is so nice and not what I was expecting when flying during Corona. They were so considerate and not mean or anything like people are writing. I was flying with 2.5 y.o. who absolutely refuses to wear mask and was afraid they'd do something but no, they were very understanding!

Original review: March 21, 2021

Frontier is an economical, no nonsense airline. Expect to pay for every amenity IF that is available. I've found the planes themselves to be clean, adequate comfort for most flights. Since I don't check a bag or tote a big backpack, I'm quickly on and off the plane. Good job Frontier. PLEASE don't leave Vermont!

Original review: March 20, 2021

Frontier Airlines has really good prices out of Trenton and Philadelphia. If you belong to the Discount Den you can save even more. ($65.00 to join per year). You can get the discount for up to 6 people as long you're traveling with them. I've only used them to Florida with no issues.

Original review: March 17, 2021

Efficient, friendly, punctual. Total trip was uneventful. Departed on time and arrived as quoted. Baggage was handled with care and was received with no encountered problems. Staff was friendly and courteous before, during and after flight.

Original review: July 9, 2021

You're better off breaking your legs and using crutches to travel over flying with this joke of an airline. Day of flight, AFTER paying to check in baggage and getting an email not even 24 hours before the flight stating that the flight is scheduled for the correct day, get told flight is cancelled with no explanation why. No help with the bag that apparently gets to fly but the passenger doesn't and instead of anything helpful from customer service, after calling them for three hours, basically get told there's nothing anyone can do and that I have to wait to hear about what we can do about the baggage that's now in a completely different city. Listen, I get that you pay for what you get but DO NOT fall for this scam of a service. I've flown a lot in my life and this is the worst overall service experience I have ever dealt with. I wouldn't wish this airline on my worst enemy.

Original review: July 9, 2021

This airlines canceled my flight 3 hrs before departure time, and it completely messed up my corresponding flights, and my entire planned weekend went up in flame. Yes they are cheap, but they are so unpredictable that I would highly suggest to buy a more expensive ticket but at least with peace of mind. What a crappy airline.

Original review: July 8, 2021

They don't offer food either water, bottle sell for $2.99. Baggage policy is way expensive including your hand baggage. Plane was dirty and not according to covid 19 requirements, agents from the agency never ready to respond any question. Don't fly with them. Trust me. You are not safe.

Original review: July 6, 2021

I wish I could give zero stars and just a bad review! On Jun 24, 2021, my wife and daughter were supposed to board flight 1259 from Newark to Florida. I dropped them off at the airport at 3:30 AM for a flight that was supposed to depart at 6:30 AM. They were told that there would be a 1 hour delay because their flight/gate was given to people going to Cancun instead (obviously the flight to Cancun cost more so they were a priority).

After several more delays, and them sitting in the airport for almost 12 hours, they were told their flight was cancelled. They then had to get to another airline ASAP, since Frontier was not offering another, and pay $1600 (compared to the $200 they paid to Frontier) for new tickets, otherwise they would lose their hotel and car reservations (all pre-paid) since they would have missed the check-in times. After getting to Florida at almost 1 AM on June 25th, they had to take a taxi to the hotel and managed to keep their reservation, getting the last room they had, others that came in afterwards were not so lucky. A few hours later, they had to get back up and take another taxi to the car rental and get whatever they had available.

Frontier then, refused to give them a refund. They had to send over the proof of original tickets, the new tickets, receipts for all expenses, and after all that harassment (when they know the flight was cancelled), they refunded the $200+ dollars. They gave them vouchers totaling $800, which they then refused to honor. I personally have had delays and cancellations with other airlines, but, they've always made good on the problems. Not this airline.

Original review: July 5, 2021

If putting 0 stars was an option I would have selected it! Never in my life have I experienced such awful customer service and spitefulness from an airline crew before and that’s coming from someone that flies all the time with many airlines. On the 4th of July I was flying with my parents to Punta Cana for vacation. It was the only airline offering a nonstop flight at the time we needed. We checked in early. We bought our bags ahead of time. Everything was smooth sailing till we got to the gate. First of all, the staff by the gate are spiteful for no absolute reason. It’s like their only job is to give you a hard time on your vacation.

While boarding, the staff didn’t give clear instructions to the passengers about the boarding zones and after waiting so much in line when I asked her she responded with a vulgar attitude for no reason and asked my family and I to go to a different longer line with the excuse that she is only checking in passengers with minors (and that wasn’t true because she had just boarded so many people without minors right in front of me and other witnesses boarding the plan). So my parents and I wanted to complain because simply it’s just not acceptable behavior and also seeing that my father is older and just came out of surgery, she had no respect and provided 0 assistance.

Not only that but after we complained we were asked to leave the flight because apparently you can’t complain about poor customer service in Frontier, you must swallow the disrespect and be treated like a peasant just because the flight is cheaper. I am baffled by what happened and still am in complete shock, instead of taking constructive criticism which would definitely help their company and improve their overall performance they just kicked my family and I off the plane after they accosted us. They have ruined my vacation and wasted a lot of my money. I know the prices they offer are very catchy because they are cheaper compared to other airlines but don’t get fooled by that! If you want to be treated with normal human respect don’t fly frontier.

Original review: July 2, 2021

Bottom line up front, Frontier Airlines, don’t fly with them. Ever. Why you ask? Well, short answer, they’re incompetent and their customer service is non-existent. I booked a flight to Denver. Non-stop from Tampa. Flight is cheap, Until you factor in having to pay for even a carry on. But okay. Flight is cancelled. Due to weather. Again, okay. After exiting the plane all the passengers are told they’ve been automatically rebooked on a flight departing the following day at 12:05 pm. Sucks, but hey, okay.

Next morning, flight still not showing up on Frontier Airlines app so I can check in and print boarding pass. Call reservation number. Told that I’m booked on non-stop flight departing Tampa at 12:05. Arrive at airport, stand in long line at counter. Line doesn’t move for 30 minutes. Finally ask about line, told wrong line. Pointed out that would have been nice to know 30 minutes ago and a sign would have been nice. Response is they normally don’t have two lines. Myself and ten other people change lines. Finally get to counter. Told sorry, but the flight I thought I was booked on doesn’t exist. Woman at agent next to me upset because she is told the same thing. Agent acts like she is lying when she explains she was told she was booked on a 12:05 flight. I let them know I was told the exact same thing. Told no flights today unless I’m willing to drive to Orlando and take a flight there departing at 8:55pm.

Ask if they will provide or reimburse for a shuttle to take me there. Told to contact customer service for that request. Given phone number for customer service. Call number provided and wait on hold for 40 minutes. Person who finally answers is not real customer service, eventually convince him to connect me to the real customer service. Ask for number. He won’t provide it, but he does connect me. Wait on hold another 30 minutes. Explain everything again. Transferred to ANOTHER customer unservice rep. Finally told they can only book the alternate flight, can’t pay to shuttle me to airport. Request full refund. Never flying Frontier again. Write reviews. Then end.

Original review: July 2, 2021

⚠️WARNING ⛔️ I would not recommend booking with this airline if your travel plans are not extremely flexible!!!! Your customer service is absurd. You canceled the flight and said it was due to weather even though all other airlines continue their flights for the day at this airport. I was on hold for over 6 1/2 hours trying to get on the next flight and was told that the next flight would be over 24 hours after my original flight. I was not able to take that 24 hour later flight due to my work schedule and needed to move my flight to the next week. I was then told that I had to pay The difference in fare for the flight because I was not able to move it to the 24 hour later flight. The manager I spoke with employee ID number ** said there was nothing they could do to accommodate me other than giving me a refund and having me purchase a ticket with another airline. Sounds like that’s what I should’ve done in the first place.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I have been back and forth to Buffalo for the last month with my same travel bag and today I was charged for my bag that I have been using for the past month so my concern is why today if I would had to pay before. I would not be upset but today on my way back home I have to pay so if you gonna enforce the rules it should be at all times not sometimes with certain people, I have spent thousands with Frontier over the years and today will be my last flight as a frontier customer especially going to or coming from Buffalo NY and the staff were useless.

Original review: June 24, 2021

Flight was cancelled an hour before takeoff. Airline refused to book us on the next flight. Airline refused to offer vouchers. Airline made it very difficult to get refund. Bad airline. First and last time flying Frontier.

Original review: May 4, 2021

We show up to the airport 2 hours before our flight per their instructions. They were not doing electronic boarding passes so everyone had to go to the ticket counter. One person working the counter. We finally get to the counter 1 and a half hours later and they tell us, and roughly the other 50 plus people behind us, that we have to rebook our flight because it’s too close to the flight departure. Their next flight was 4 days later. They told us to call customer service for a refund but I talked to 3 people at customer service who said no refund because we should have taken the other flight 4 days later. We had to pay to board our dogs and lost some of the nonrefundable portion at our resort. They offered us $25 vouchers after complaining to customer service. I’m hiring an attorney.

Frontier Airlines Company Information