2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.43/5

Frontier Airlines Reviews

Original review: March 15, 2020

I purchased a flight 3/13/20 and decided that it wasn’t safe for me, especially being pregnant, to travel due to the nationwide/worldwide outbreak of the COVID-19. I spoke with a representative regarding a refund. He explained they are not honoring refunds, but offering a credit. I thought a credit would be reasonable considering that I fly with Frontier very often. He also explained that the credit can only be used one time and may only be used towards a flight with equal or greater value. I was upset because they were advertising credits, however, if I were to purchase a future flight lesser than the amount I have the credit for, then the rest of the credit will be lost.

Frontier offers cheap flights regularly. I once found a flight for $9 from MCO-ISP. I didn’t think that it was fair to offer a credit, but if the travel date you select has for example a $9 flight, the rest of my money would be lost to the business. John with Frontier advised to go online and to read the cancellation policy. The policy did not specifically state that I could only use my credit towards a flight of equal or greater value, or the rest of my credit would be lost. John then transferred me to a supervisor, after waiting almost an hour (just to speak with a supervisor). The supervisor began the conversation with again, stating that they could not issue a refund and/or guarantee that my credit would not be wasted if I found a cheaper flight. I explained that John advised for me to look up the policy and I then explained to her that the policy doesn’t state that my credit would be partially lost if I were to find a cheaper flight than what my credit is for.

She kept referring to the policy and I kept explaining what my concern was within the policy and how I did not want to lose any of my credit. She then started to become slightly irritated and insulted me by saying that the policy is written in plain English if I were to read it. I advised her that she did in fact insult me with her highly offensive comment. I felt it was extremely rude, offensive and highly unprofessional (as I am in the customer service field as well). She explained that I wasn’t going to get what I wanted from the company and that there wasn’t anything she can do for me. I advised her that my entire family and I fly with Frontier often and that every time I have an issue and/or concern, it is always resolved by one of the agents or supervisors. I’ve gotten monetary compensation as well as flight adjustments through the company on a number of occasions where there might of been errors with their system, flights, last minute emergencies, etc.

She totally disregarded what I had just explained and she again stated that she couldn’t assist me with my issue/concern. I advised her that she could potentially be losing not only one customer, but my entire family as well (we do lots of business with the company and my fiancé travels through frontier multiple times a month). She thanked me and proceeded to close out the conversation with no regard to what I had stated. I then called my bank to reverse the charge. They were more than understanding and explained that due to the special circumstances regarding the outbreak of the COVID-19, they were working especially hard to resolve issues regarding refunds from businesses. I’m very taken back and am very displeased with the service from Frontier Airlines. Especially at a time of crisis in not only our country, but all over the world.

I would expect much more from an airline at a time like this, especially since I’ve always gotten great service from them in the past. I was not expecting this outcome, especially since I was asking for something very minor. I just wanted the funds that I’ve spent to be fully credited back to me when I decide to fly again. Sadly, my family and I will not be flying with this airline again due to the poor/unfair supposed credit policy as well as the unprofessional, insulting and distasteful behavior/service that was provided to be by a supervisor. Although I will not be flying with the airline any longer, I hope that they do one day consider a fair credit policy for the sake of future travelers.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I had to fly from Salt Lake City, UT to Austin, TX. My company went bankrupt, so it was time to go back home. Frontier had the lowest price for the one way flight, so I gave them a chance. I'd never flown with them before. Thankfully, I looked at the fine print, and saw that I had to pay for my bags. Carry on, and stowed luggage. The crazy thing is, the luggage was almost as expensive as the ticket! The airline is cool. As far as I saw, it was also one of the few direct flights to Austin from SLC. I dug the planes livery. They have wildlife themed tail wraps.

Original review: March 12, 2020

Called the help line to cancel due to Corona Virus advisory for travel. This is 30 days before travel date so way ahead of time! They told us that it is $25 change fee each if on the phone on top of cancel fee, better do on-line. SO we did, what it does not tell you that there is a cancel fee of $79 for each traveler ($158 for both of us!!!) - This is bad service for what is going on with the Corona Virus. You would think an exception is made due to the government and CDC advisory. Do not travel with Frontier - bad bad bad service!!!!

Original review: March 12, 2020

My wife and I booked a trip to Orlando from Houston, however due to travel restrictions from our respective jobs amid the Covid 19 outbreak we attempted multiple times to cancel our flight. We were deemed "not authorized" via their website and on multiple attempts to call the line would go to a busy tone and disconnect. Truly shameful and deceptive business practices at a time when even Spirit Airlines is offering full refunds. Keep the money, hope you guys don't recover from this, and if you do, you will never have business from us or anyone we know in the future. Dr. ** out.

Original review: March 10, 2020

Everyone from the ticket agents down to the pilots and flight crew were great. Everyone made me feel special. Like the entire flight was just for me. The crew keep me informed as to flight progress and destination time. One of the stewardess lent me her phone when mine died. It was truly a great experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?

Original review: March 9, 2020

Very poor customer service. On a recent flight they refused to let me bring my CPAP machine on board as carry on despite it is a medical device because I already had a small notebook bag. They wanted me to pay for a carry on because I had a second piece. ADDITIONALLY - I booked a flight on 3/7 for a trip which had to be canceled due to the Corona Virus because the person we were visiting has a serious respiratory condition. Not only would they not even consider letting me reschedule the trip but they were rude about it! No customer service!

Original review: March 8, 2020

My credit card number was fraudulently used on Frontier Airlines. I noticed the transaction and contacted Frontier Airlines customer service. I first spoke to a customer service representative and informed him of the situation. He asked to verify the name, credit card number and address for the purchase. After it was verified, he informed us that they did have a reservation using that credit card number. He told us that he could credit the money back to our account. We asked if he could provide us the information for the reservation and when it was booked. He told us he needed to review the privacy policy and put us on hold.

When he returned, he told us that he could not provide that information to protect the privacy of the traveler. Really!!! We informed him, that whoever booked the ticket, did so by using our credit card number without our permission. We then asked to speak to a supervisor twice and he said the supervisor was not available and then he said they would tell us the same thing. We then told him we no longer wanted to speak to him and then he said he would not transfer us to a supervisor until we verified our name. We had verified our name when we called but was told that he would not transfer us until we verified it again.

We then spoke to the supervisor and she told us that it would violate the traveler’s privacy if she gave us the information of the passenger. We went back and forth about this for about five minutes and finally asked her if she could cancel the reservation because our card was used illegally. She told us that she could not cancel the reservation because we did not have the confirmation number or name of the passenger. We would need to contact our back to get a refund.

This has been our first and last experience with this company. We have never flown or associated with Frontier Airlines and after this experience, we never will. We were on the phone with customer service for approximately 35 minutes and this situation was just brushed off and we were encouraged to take it up with our bank. This is not an appropriate resolution for the situation.

Original review: March 8, 2020

Space was very cramped and the cancelation policy prohibited me and my family from obtaining another flight out at the group rate we got for the initial flight. Additionally, the baggage policy is poor due to too high pricing as compared to other airlines.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

This airline is a "0" Star operation! Don't risk your travel plans with them if you need to keep a schedule. I allowed Travelocity to bundle Frontier into our business travel schedule (HUGE MISTAKE). Less than a week later I start getting emails that the flight has changed and that I need to accept leaving at a different time and if I don't like it tough cookies. I talked to the "customer service" desk and they said "if was the government's fault the schedule changed?" What I asked her to repeat that she said "maybe it was demand that caused the change...We really don't know why flights change but since it is less than 4 hours' difference you have no say in the matter"?

I hope they can live off the money for two tickets vs having a person tell every business traveler he knows to stay away from these people. They don't care about customers. They just want your money. My advice is don't book through Travelocity and don't book on Frontier airline. Neither one has any interest in making sure your travel plans work. They seem to just want your money.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

My flight was delayed from Washington DC to Denver because of weather for 2 1/2 hours on 02/07, flight 537. There was 12 of us on that flight that needed to catch the connecting flight to Ontario flight 371... We would of made it but then we pilot made the announcement that we will be in a “holding pattern” in the air for 20 minutes which had us landing right when doors would close for flight 371. Instead of holding the doors knowing there was 12 passengers about the land, they closed it right away and left us. Later we heard out tickets were possibly sold already and that’s why they didn’t wait (what a scam that is). Ironic that they can make us wait 2 1/2 hours but can’t wait 10 minutes for us to run across the airport?? I’ve seen other airlines hold their doors knowing their passenger will be landing within minutes and not leave them behind, this gave all of us the indication that they probably DID sell our seats to others.

I had a very important work event the next morning and by the time I got to the line the only flight left that night that landed in LAX, over an hour away from Ontario was booked and they would not compensate me for anything. I had to spend 400 dollars catching a flight out that night on Southwest so I can make this trip. A couple of weeks later I attempted to call customer service for any sort of compensation for my $342 flight plus paying $250 for seat upgrade since leg room in little to none- $590 total not including the $400 I spent catching another flight. I received $88 in return the following week BUTTT worse part- then I checked my credit card and saw they charged me $97 for no reason 3 days before giving me my refund!!!

When I called to ask them why they charged me they had no excuse only that they would put that back in my card in 7 days! Pretty much they tried to charge me and then “refund” me so they wouldn’t come out of pocket and hope I didn’t see the charge!!! Complete thieves and the most shady crap I’ve ever seen. In conclusion I would never recommend Frontier to anyone and I feel bad for their employees because if they keep pulling this crap, they will do out of business very soon and a lot of people would be out of a job.

Frontier Airlines Company Information