3.20/5
Based on 1,165 ratings submitted in the last year

1505 Frontier Airlines Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 24, 2019

I booked a ticket 8 months ago. I am traveling with a small child. Our flight was leaving at 9:30 am. I received a text message at 7:00 am saying the flight was cancelled. That they would give me $400 per ticket to rebook on a different airline. Well the only flight that was available to get me in at a decent hour was $1,200 and I had to fly into a different airport. I debated on flying the next day but I had bought hotel and park tickets and would have wasted it. So I paid it. THEN I try to log in and check in for the return flight to find out that there isn't one. I called and couldn't get a live person but the automated system said there was no flight. So I had to book another ticket at $1,000 for the trip home. The drivers told me they are constantly canceling the flights. If you have something important do not fly with them. HORRIBLE!

Original review: June 21, 2019

Yet another customer whose flight was cancelled last minute with no apology or assistance to make it right. Customer service is pathetic and I have no idea how this airline is still in business. Run away fast!

Original review: June 21, 2019

Same story you see on here over and over. Was flying to Omaha to catch the end of a family reunion over the weekend. They cancelled our flight citing "weather" (despite no other flights being cancelled) and offered to fly us out on flight 5 days later (after our return flight) or take a refund. Long story short, we ended up stranded and missed the reunion.

Two strange things with this: 1) As I mentioned, flights on other airlines were unaffected. Nearly all flights into Omaha and neighboring cities were still landing without delay. Same thing along the entire flight path. This seems to be a common occurrence with Frontier. 2) While there was a small storm near Omaha (which didn't seem to affect other airlines at all), the storm was completely gone in a matter of hours. If weather was the issue why didn't they just delay the flight for two hours until the storm passed, rather than stranding everyone (and only offering flights 5 days later)?

Not sure if Frontier has under-qualified pilots (not allowed to fly in mild weather?), cheap planes, or is just straight up lying about reasons for cancellation (do they have less liability to passengers if they claim weather problems rather than mechanical/logistical problems which actually caused the delay?). Not sure, but considering how often this happens, seems like this bears looking into.

Original review: June 21, 2019

Let me preface this review by saying I am a pragmatist with high hopes and minimal expectations. I don’t like to complain and try to be as understanding and compliant as possible under most circumstances as my career has been in the hospitality industry so I get it. Having said that… On a return flight from Seattle to Atlanta, while attempting, and failing, to check in to our flight, we were forced to approach the ever-dreaded and $10 extra understaffed-overworked-irritated check-in counter. Without prior notice we were informed that our flight was cancelled and it would be 4 DAYS before we could book another flight back home. Of course I came back at them (politely and respectfully) with the old “Are you serious?? We have jobs and responsibilities, there has to be a better option?!”, but my plea was cut short by a defeated “There is nothing we can do for you, I can give you a refund.” And that was the sum of our entire conversation.

No compassion. No respect. No consideration. Literally nothing more than “I can give you a refund”. And god forbid you have to call them for anything at all. The amount of money this cancellation cost us in food, lodging, loss of work, and more importantly loss of time solidifies my resolve to not only never fly Frontier again but to warn anyone of the deplorable “service” they provide. Spend a little more somewhere else for peace of mind.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I ended up missing my flight because they wouldn't print my boarding pass. After paying for a last minute flight on another airlines to get home I reached out to Frontier to at least refund my baggage costs. They refused to help in anyway. I ended up out my original flight costs, baggage on that flight and the expensive cost of a last minute flight home. I would not ever use the app for your tickets. We were travelling and not near a printer. This was the first time I tried to use the e-ticket on my phone and then the website glitched and my boarding pass was lost.

The Frontier front desk employee would not print my boarding pass because after trying at security to get the app to work and then waiting in line again, it was to close to boarding. We were checked in and had seat assignments. I tried to explain this but she would not help in any way. The flight ended up delayed an hour and there should not have been any problem but we could not get any help from the desk agents. Upon going back to try and re-book on another flight I was told that they couldn't get me out for two days and that the desk agent was new and should have printed my passes. That did not make me feel any better.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?

Original review: June 18, 2019

Absolutely low budget with so few gates available that you sit on runway waiting to unload for long periods of time. They have wasted my time, money and caused more stress than the few dollars saved flying with was worth. Frontier has infrequently been on time and doesn't update passengers on when they're delayed. If you're not in any particular hurry and don't mind landing or departing at any time, I highly recommend flying Frontier. They should spend more money on timely flights, better customer service and less on expansion and painting their overrated planes. Anyone who flies them does so strictly for budget experience. Shape up or get out of the way for better-managed airlines.

Original review: June 18, 2019

My little sister's flight from Nashville to Denver was cancelled today 6/18/19 due to rain (everyone else was still flying). Frontier basically said they would refund the flight in 5 to 7 business days and **. No help with a new flight, nothing. We've been planning this family reunion in Denver for months. A ticket the same day was now $600. Frontier is the generic, get what you pay for airline. No wonder they have to sell seats so cheap, they are cheap. And they will leave you stranded, smile and give you the middle finger.

Original review: June 17, 2019

This company was the worst experience I've ever had in my life. Customer service of them is horrible, the planes are a **. And another thing, they do not even have respect for the passengers. My aunt is now with my two children, a 5-year-old girl and a 3-year-old girl abandoned in Denver, who was scheduled to leave Florida for Reno, Nevada. I had to spend $1200 now to buy new tickets from Denver to Reno. This is disrespectful. A board for anyone who will read this review, never use this ** of FRONTIER AIRLINES.

Original review: June 14, 2019

FRONTIER AIRLINES WAS A JOKE!! I finally made it to Vegas flying for my first time with Frontier Airlines.. PISSED OFF! The flight from Wichita to Denver was delayed an hour and a half due to weather. (Understandable). When we landed in Denver, someone took our parking spot so we waited another 45 minutes to get a parking spot. My layover was short so I ran to the front desk of frontier in the terminal and the girl said the plane left and shrugged me off.. literally.. and started talking to another person I thought was a customer but in reality, it was her friend.

I walked with another passenger to try to find more help. There wasn't any... I went back to the area of the lady and noticed the other passengers waiting for another flight were still sitting there. (10-15 min later) I went to the lady, interrupted her and her friend again. I pointed at the plane and said "are you sure that isn't the Vegas plane?" She said "omg, I think it could be!" She called and opened up the doors and chuckled... By this time I'm super pissed this Frontier. Who do you guys hire? I'm a customer and I'm telling your employees how to do their job? Anyway, I walk on the plane, ask the young girl for her name, she says "haha why"? I said because I'm your customer and I'm asking for it." A flight attendant asked me my name, I told her. The lady that wouldn't help us said "at least you got on dude." I said "yes thank you for letting me do your job".

The flight attendant asks if where my seat is. I said f13 (window seat extra leg room". She looked at the other flight attendant and said, "You're going to have to go deal with that.." (I'm thinking what the ** is going on now?!) We get the ** back there and she says "here just sit in that open seat" (f12) (no window, between a big guy and the ** that's in my seat). He looks at me knowing he is in my seat and smiles. (I'm livid) I can cause a scene you see on the videos floating around or the stewardess can ask him to move since I'm there. She does nothing. I'm in ** fire.

I sat down and thought to myself "first time flying with this company, I guess all this ** is normal for Frontier." I kept my mouth shut even though I was boiling and everyone knew it. I sat down and both the ** elbows were hanging over for me to run my ** against when I sat down and the whole rest of the flight.. She asks if I want to put my backpack overhead because the guy in my seat had his stuff where mine SHOULD HAVE BEEN! I said no thanks.. She didn't know what to do.. blah ** blah..

After we take the ** off, the Steward comes back and asks me, "do you want to sit in the front of the plane? There is a window seat" I said, "No thank you, I want my window seat with my leg room." (She walks off). I enjoyed no apology but I did get enjoy being smashed between one bigger guy and a **. Both had no respect that I was there. And bumped me with their elbows the whole time. The flights were late, I couldn't lean against the window to sleep. The whole team was a bunch of "not giving a ** employees". Why would I or anyone fly Frontier?! -Steve your first time customer.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Earlier this month I did a balance transfer online to take advantage of zero percent interest. This transfer was to go to my Comenity Capital Bank (ULTA) card. When I finalized the transfer it was showing Saks 5th Avenue. I triple checked the number and had to assume they were an affiliate. When I called a few days ago I was told to check with Saks since they could not do anything for me. I don't even have an account with Saks, so there was nothing they could do. I called back and then was told I could file a dispute, which I did.

Just to do a little test I tried doing another transfer (without finalizing) from and to the same accounts as what caused the issue to begin with. It again showed Saks 5th Avenue. There is obviously a big issue with their website with large sums of money potentially going to the wrong person's account. I took screen shots and called Frontier again earlier today to see if they could look at it to see it is truly a problem. I explained that they should be aware this is an issue and it could be impacting others. They seemed to care less and just said my dispute is in process and I can also check the status online. This is totally unacceptable. If a company's website is not working properly and there is a chance large sums of money could be sent to the wrong place wouldn't you think someone would care or try to fix it?

Frontier Airlines Company Information