2. Travel
  3. Airlines

3.7/5 (1459 ratings)

About Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Best flying experience. I requested help and they came through in every way over and beyond what was expected. From departure to arrival they were helping me, as I am a 75 year old female flying alone with walking problems. I will use Frontier for any future traveling.

Original review: April 1, 2021

I’ve found from my local airport that Frontier is the cheapest way to fly when I keep my eye out for deals. I’ve flown a few times over the past few months with them and they're strict with their Covid protocols.

Original review: March 22, 2021

Frontier is so nice and not what I was expecting when flying during Corona. They were so considerate and not mean or anything like people are writing. I was flying with 2.5 y.o. who absolutely refuses to wear mask and was afraid they'd do something but no, they were very understanding!

Original review: March 21, 2021

Frontier is an economical, no nonsense airline. Expect to pay for every amenity IF that is available. I've found the planes themselves to be clean, adequate comfort for most flights. Since I don't check a bag or tote a big backpack, I'm quickly on and off the plane. Good job Frontier. PLEASE don't leave Vermont!

Original review: March 20, 2021

Frontier Airlines has really good prices out of Trenton and Philadelphia. If you belong to the Discount Den you can save even more. ($65.00 to join per year). You can get the discount for up to 6 people as long you're traveling with them. I've only used them to Florida with no issues.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

I bought a flight to Texas. Due to me being sick I could not make the flight. I have them a call 3 weeks later to get a refund or a flight. I got denied from them. They told me it was a no show flight. At this point Frontier is the worst airline to ever flight in the US. I will tell people to stay away from this airline. They are thieves. They took my $337.00. Never flight through this airline again. They charge you for everything. Is just a bad airline. Please stay away from these thieves. I will have a army of people leaving a bad review on this airline. Thieves Airline. That should be their name.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

VERY TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!! DO NOT FLY FRONTIER!!! We boarded Frontier flight 242 on 9/3/2021 from Denver to Houston and they kept us in the plane for over 2 hours because they were servicing the plane. To eventually ask us to deplane and enter a different plane. After we entered the second plane and they closed the cabin ready to depart, they started servicing the second plane for over 1 hour again before we eventually departed. We were supposed to get to Houston by 11 AM but never got there until after 4 PM. This is so terrible and the flight attendants were all rude saying we should feel free to find another flight if we like but they won’t be bringing out our checked bag and if we depart the plane we cannot be allowed back in.

Called their customer service line and even spoke to their management and they are refusing to refund the ticket saying as long as the plane has boarded, no refund can be issued. They are instead sending a $25 voucher. The rudeness and lack of customer concern is disheartening. This is customer bullying. #FrontierAirlineBulliesCustomers.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I was traveling from traveling from Atlanta to Denver on June 29. Flight F9 421. When I arrived in Denver, my baggage was damaged. I filed a claim only to be rejected. They told me that I have to file within 4 hours of flight departure and rejected my claim.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

My suitcase was 12lbs over and was charged $75. What a rip off. Then at the gate an elderly couple had been charged a $100, after looking at the carry-on, it would have easily fit under the seat. Do yourself a favor, do not use Frontier.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

On Friday 20 Aug 21, I flew with Frontier Airlines from ELP to LAS. We were suppose to depart at 10:05pm on Friday, arriving into LAS on/around 10:30 pm. Unfortunately, we didn't even start boarding till about 10:15 pm and departed around 10:40 pm. We arrived into LAS around 11:05 pm. This where the experience got even worse! The flight attendant advised our baggage pick up would be at carrousel 23 (He never mentioned we should find our way to Terminal 3, instead most of us on the flight arrived at Terminal 1 baggage claim).

Well when I finally managed to find my way to Terminal 3 baggage claim area, our bags were still not anywhere to be found. It would be another 30 minutes (over an hour after arriving) before our bags were at the baggage carrousel. The Frontier baggage claims attendants could not advise us how much longer until the bags would arrive. Bottom Line: The flight attendant should have advised us we needed to go to the terminal 3 baggage claim area. There should be a better/faster way to get our bags to the baggage claim area!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

If you are flying with Young kids Frontier is not the flight to get on. They don't sit kids by their parents. My 2 year old was seated 3 rows behind me. My 7 year old seated in the back of the plane while they seated me in the middle. I would never give them another penny. DO NOT FLY FRONTIER WITH YOUNG CHILDREN!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

Absolute worst experience I’ve had flying to the point I’d be willing to go back and pay double for Delta. Customer service is horrible especially LISA in Denver. I’ve had 2 flights delayed because of mechanical issues. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

I had 2 vouchers from 2020 travel that was not possible to use due to COVID. I didn't realize that one expired before the other and when I did I contacted them for an extension. It was 8 days after the date and they won't refund or extend. Under normal circumstances I would understand being so rigid, but COVID is still going on and I think they should be more flexible because of it. So I paid them over $300 and got zero in return, seems criminal to me.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

Never have I been so disrespected by an airline. I booked last minute with Frontier after having a Spirit Airlines flight cancel on me. Frontier's front desk agents and phone operators have been rude and unhelpful. My flights with Frontier also became delayed and cancelled, resulting in delays at the airport running over 24 hours! I was informed that I would be receiving a refund and/or flight vouchers for the trouble I went through. However, it appears Frontier will no longer honor or follow through with any reconciliation originally promised. While the expense of the flight is only a couple hundred dollars and means nothing, I would expect to be treated better after being stranded at the airport for over 24 hours. Spirit at least apologized, refunded and provided flight vouchers as an apology for their cancelled flight. Frontier was a last minute booking, I now know to never fly Frontier again.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

Arrived 2.5 hours before the flight. The check in agents didn't arrive until 1 hour and 15 minutes prior to the flight leaving about 200 people waiting in line. They didn't delay the plane until after the departure time came and went. Then they boarded the plane even before they loaded the baggage onto the plane so we had to sit in a hot plane for 90 minutes with no details as to what was going on. Throughout this entire process, we received little or no updates. This is the fourth set of flights I have taken with Frontier and we have had a bad customer service experience with them. I can honestly say I will never fly with them again unless there are no other possible options. I do Not recommend you use Frontier even if they have a great price.

Frontier Airlines Company Information