Frontier Airlines

Compare Airlines

Research top Airlines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The treatment I received at the hands of a Frontier Airlines' employee was not only in complete violation of Frontier Airlines company policies, but also violated the American with Disabilities Act and the Air Carrier Access Act. The facts of the situation: I am a fifty-eight year old retired professor with multiple sclerosis and leukemia. I traveled to Memphis on Frontier and I had a very pleasant travel experience. The return trip was a nightmare. On the first segment of my flight home I began to feel very unwell, and knew that my legs would not work well enough to get me to my connecting flight, so approximately one hour before we landed, I asked a flight attendant if it would be possible to request a wheelchair escort. She said, "No problem."

A wheelchair was available upon landing, and the flight attendant wheeled me past my gate, as my connecting flight had already departed. She told me she was taking me to the customer service kiosk, wheeled me near the desk, and left me there, saying she would return. She never did. When I got to the desk, I explained that I had an oncology appointment the next day, and needed some help getting a seat on the next flight. The person at the desk told me the next available flights were at seven the next morning, and the flight after that was at 17:30 the next evening. I tried to assimilate this new information, and figure out my next step, but quickly recognized that I was cognitively impaired. I have lesions on the frontal lobe of my brain that interfere with executive function, but I did not want to explain this in a public setting. I was upset and worried that I would start crying.

I was having a very difficult time making my needs known, and the more trouble I had, the more upset I got, and I began crying. I was humiliated to be crying in public, but emotional inability (crying and laughing - but, believe me, I wasn't laughing) is one of MS's many symptoms. There were many unhappy customers gathering around the desk because of missed connections due to snow delays, and I was embarrassed at the amount of time I was taking, so I asked to see her supervisor, hoping the supervisor could take me to a private setting and help me with my next step.

The woman I made the request of disappeared into an office behind her, and shortly thereafter I heard a "Hah!" which I can only describe as a snort of derision. A woman came out, had a very displeased expression on her face, crossed her arms, and asked me what the problem was. (Later in our conversation, I told her that I heard her laugh at me, and she responded, quite unbelievably, "You don't know who I was laughing at.") Her demeanor was cold and defensive, and I knew I was within my rights to be asking for assistance, but she made me feel as if she was dealing with a overly demanding customer, and didn't even try to hide the fact that she was very annoyed with me. She uncrossed her arms, rattled off my options, but all I could comprehend was that I had four options because she ticked off each option with her fingers, and she was holding out four fingers.

When I tried to explain again that I needed help with the details, she again rattled off my options. I told her I needed to get to my oncologist in Seattle and she asked me, with a condescending tone of voice, if I wanted her to put me on a plane ahead of the other sixty people. All of this was taking place at the desk with all eyes on us. I asked her what I could do, and a customer who was at the desk objected to her treatment of me, and started shouting his displeasure at Frontier, and told me I should find a different airline. She said, "I don't have to take this," and returned to the office she just came out of, slamming the door. I was stunned, and frightened, and humiliated.

After several minutes, she returned with a large man I assumed was security, and told me I could never fly Frontier again. I was stunned. I could see that she was perceiving me as a security threat. ME! A CRYING, INARTICULATE, WEAK, OBVIOUSLY ILL, MIDDLE-AGED WOMAN IN A WHEELCHAIR! She said I was "screaming" at her. I was upset and crying, but did not scream, raise my voice, nor use abusive speech, and now I was having to defend myself against her accusation. She either lacked the skills or chose not to use her training to deescalate the situation. She did not listen very well, frequently interrupted me and repeated statements that obviously did not help me. Her manner was cold, defensive, and she was visibly annoyed and displeased.

I was in shock that so many clear violations of the ACAA (Air Carrier Access Act) were occurring, but I could not get my brain to engage. All I could say was, "You can't do this." Her cavalier response shocked me even more. "Go ahead and go to the press. I don't care." I never said I was going to the press. It was if we were having two different conversations. I asked her name, and she quickly flipped her name tag over, so I couldn't see it, and said, "Brooke." I asked for her last name, and she replied that she didn't have to tell me.

It was clear that "Brooke" was not going to help me. She didn't inform me that I could enlist the aid of a Complaint Resolution Officer. I tried to wheel myself away, as I was beyond humiliated and needed some privacy. I sat in a nearby, empty gate waiting area, and, after awhile, I was relieved to see a Frontier employee approach me. I literally could not think, problem-solve or strategize. My brain was too inflamed. My relief was short-lived, however. The employee told me he needed the wheelchair. I told him I needed his help to transfer me out of the wheelchair and into a fixed chair in the waiting room. He transferred me to a seat, took the wheelchair and left me there, unable to walk without assistance.

I was traumatized and humiliated by the public shame of being treated like an annoyance and security threat, by being loudly told by Brooke that I would "never fly Frontier again." The experience was hugely stressful, and stress physically exacerbates MS symptoms. I was put in harm's way by being left, not only unattended, but without a wheelchair. Thankfully, some strangers and fellow travelers assisted me. I requested an apology from the airline staffer named Brooke. Her hostile manner, unclear instructions, lack of compassion, and how she chose to respond to my request for accommodations due to my multiple disabilities caused me deep suffering. She never apologized. No one from Frontier did. I attest this account to be true to the best of my recall.

We (my family and I) left our hotel at 7 in the morning thinking that our flight would be at 915am, but come to broken machines that hardly left. Get our boarding passes and 2 delays that added up longer than our actual flight from Orlando to Pittsburgh. Disappointed.

So where do I start... After the past 8 hrs and finally beginning to get over the utter disappointment of what should've been a joyous reunion between myself and my boyfriend after 4 months of being apart. I thought it would be a great idea to take a quick trip away, and being that it would be a 4-day trip, I didn't want to pay too much. I always try to find deals where I can but little did I know, this would cost me so much more in the way of time I took from work, the money I spent for other arrangements and my sanity, I feel like this experience has left me drained both physically and emotionally.

The 1st issue arose shortly after booking my flight. Once my ticket was purchased my next hurdle was my luggage. In having a discussion with a colleague of mine who had intimate knowledge of Frontier as she had flown with them before, she explained to me their policy on luggage and having to pay extra (I knew the gimmick of "low fares done right" was too good to be true). I then researched this myself at their website, and discovered this was in fact the case so I went ahead in checking my bag both to and from for my trip (I would like to point out that by this time, had I used a reputable airline it would now be the same price). I checked in the night before online, which again was yet another fee to choose a seat, ripoff! So I naturally declined seeing that with the inclusion of all these fees I had now paid, I could've flown any other airline and not have to worry about dishing out any additional funds once my ticket had been paid for.

It is now the travel day, my flights were on a Friday and a Tuesday midday. I didn't want to inconvenience my family by having anyone take me or pick me from the airport, so I decided to drive and shuttle to the airport. Although I thought I made decent time, I did not account for having to wait for the shuttle, which then turned around to go back to pick up another passenger. Nonetheless, made it in time (or so I thought). My flight departs at 11:50am. I get into the line for bag check-in at 11:15am. I get to the counter. It's now about 11:20ish.

The entire time I am standing in the line extremely nervous because as I am moving closer and closer in this line that seemed to take forever, there is a sign posted on the checkout counter that says passengers must be checked in at least 45 minutes prior to departure. Check in closed after 45 minutes (something along those line, you get the point). I stay in the line because as a paying customer who has never flown with this airline before, and as another human being who understands that things happen you would expect "customer service" to play in here. Negative!

Instead it became a battle between the gentleman at the counter and myself. Now I can admit I definitely lost my cool but he became quite rude. His "as a matter of fact" attitude only added fuel to my fire and his lack of empathy only made me more upset. He just didn't care, and to be honest that was pretty much how I felt with every encounter with the individuals that worked there. After STANDING for two hours waiting and several discussions with other employees regarding the whereabouts of the elusive manager (which never showed up btw) I finally received an email address and a customer service phone number (which I already had prior to). But I got it. They were unwilling or unable to assist me.

In discussing further with these individuals, they are actually contracted by Frontier and do not directly work for the company. This then made sense as to their nonchalant attitude and lack of customer service skills. They are not liable or held responsible for their actions nor do they have the ability to truly assist. So basically if you really needed to catch a flight in that situation you would have cough up the rebooking fee and either go to another airport (like one couple had to do) or come back the next day like they offered me.

I think it's safe to say these poor business practices will eventually lead to the downfall of this airline. I can only hope that no one else is swindled by their false advertisement of cheap prices and their fine print policies that will cost "you" the consumer. I will never use Frontier again! I was given a credit for my flight because I refused to pay $99 to rebook a flight they said I failed to show for (a lie), and it's hard to willingly subject myself to their foolishness again.

Booked a flight. Received no reservation confirmation on the flight. Money was taken from my bank account. Tried Many, Many time to get thru to customer service. When I did reach a real person to see about adjusting my flight I found that the person was in Manila Philippines, but claimed they were with Frontier Airlines. Was given no help, only that no change could be made. This American company will lose my respect and business for being Very Un-American. Beware! They keep your money. American customer service should be handled in the US!

We arrived at the airport at 4 AM for a 6 AM flight to Orlando (which at 3:30 AM they advised was still on time). Upon arrival they advised it was delayed to 12. Then 2. Then 3. Then. 5. Then 7. They had a flight scheduled for 5 PM to Orlando and actually let those people board a plane at 6 and left us sitting there. No customer service. No one spoke to us or helped us. I travel a lot and this is by far the worst airline ever. Customer service is non existent. Stay away! Even if it means paying a little more. Trust me it's worth it! After sitting here all day and now unable to make other arrangements they will probably cancel our flight. Worst experience with an airline ever!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?

I flew Frontier on 12/26/16 from CVG to PHX whereupon they lost my giant red north face duffel full of clothes and assorted sundries. Over the next 30 days I tried in vain to contact them with regards to my luggage. When a call did get through the mailboxes were full, one phone call had me on hold for 52 minutes. After 40 days I received an email for lost luggage, I sent forms and receipts in. On THE DAY they received my claim forms and receipts I was contacted by Allegiant airlines saying that an "unknown" agent from Spirit airlines had dropped off my luggage to their office in Florida "without an explanation".

I guess miracles do happen. Avoid this airline at all costs, it is run by monkeys at best. Below is a copy of the email I received: "Good evening I am with Allegiant Airlines at approx 1700 today a Spirit Airlines representative came by and dropped your bag to us with no explanation. We are trying to locate you by the phone number that is on your bag. Please contact us via email or phone. You can call 702-830-5916 Mon-Fri between 9-5pm."

ATTENTION PEOPLE: NEVER FLY FRONTIER AIRLINES. FRONTIER AIRLINES - YOU HAVE NO MORE EXCUSES Flight delay for Frontier Flight 919 2/10/2017. Please Google Frontier Airlines Review for the Nightmare Stories and avoid you and your loved ones flying this nightmare of incompetence. There were parents with toddlers at this airport for 12 hours, one 3-year-old boy is an insulin dependent child who needed to have his insulin refrigerated!! Shame on you Frontier Airlines, this is the third flight I have taken with you that has had delays of 2 hours plus due to your incompetence in scheduling your flight crew!!

Flight 919 scheduled for 6 am. Postponed 4 times and now scheduled for 5:41 pm...12 HOURS!!! My husband has been at the airport since 4 am. They even checked him through TSA checkpoint and then closed the checkpoint and sent him back into the terminal and told him he would have to do the TSA checkpoint again closer to the departure time. They have lied every time they have postponed, first it was weather (not a drop of snow anywhere) second it was no plane available, third it was no crew available, fourth it was a plane is coming from Florida to pick these people up. Not one explanation was anywhere close to the truth! Meanwhile flights have been coming and going all day from Philadelphia.

Flight itself was smooth. Pros: smooth take offs, landings, and air travel. Low prices, often can find discounts. Made for smaller people, less leg rooms. Seats are comfortable. Seemed very clean. Friendly attendants. Text alerts when flights are delayed. Cons: morning flights often delayed 1-2 hours (but get there early regardless; if they say 2 hrs and end up being earlier they will not alert you. We got there 30 mins before the new departure time; if walked through the door even a minute later we would have missed our flight).

Same as most of the complaints about Frontier, being in a wheelchair waiting to get to the plane and did not make flight due to employees not being around when every other airlines with wheelchair assistants actually stand at the wheelchair section to help their passengers but Frontier Airline employees for that service hangs in the airport. I missed my plane waiting for help with my wheelchair. Very unprofessional and was told my ticket was not any good, wanted more money for rotten service and put me out of the wheelchair stating since I am not a Frontier customer I cannot use the wheelchair. I had to walk through the airport. Frontier Airlines only cares about money not patrons. Very bad and unprofessional service and business.

I was traveling with my father who is severally physically disabled. There was no wheelchair prepared for us (I basically just found one and sat him in it) and then when it came to board, no one assisted us. The gate checker called groups randomly, as I raced to get to the door, pushing my father in a wheelchair frantically. She then stood there with a blank look on her face. I asked her why she didn't call for people with disabilities and kept repeating that I didn't tell her that I needed help. Is this not information on the ticket, and in the computer? Do you not call out first for people with small children and disabilities? This girl was almost borderline brain dead, and for the sake of my father, I did not start yelling which is what I wanted to do.

The staff on board merely did their jobs, very basic service. They charge you for every little thing, including walking on board with a bag and getting a beverage. Absolutely horrendous, I would rather pay the extra money and not deal with complete morons who were on the border of incompetency. I would and will never fly this airline ever again.

We found a Frontier Airline special for round trip tickets to West Palm Beach Florida from Chicago for $79 round trip. We booked a family trip, and then I started reading reviews about Frontier and I was scared. On the other hand, this also made me very prepared for the trip. Here are my suggestions to avoid problems. Get to the airport early. We arrived (large family of 7) 2 hours early. I'm glad we did because I read that if you get there too late, you won't be able to board.

Pack light. We had a 3 night-4 day trip and easily fit everything we needed in one personal bag that fit under our seats. This included each kid with their iPads or phones, a bottle of water and snack. Which leads me to my next suggestion. Bring Food and Drink. We emptied our water bottles out before the security check, and filled them back up before we got on the plane. Snacks? Each kid had a couple granola bars, fruit and other snacks in their backpacks. You can buy food on the plane, it's not crazy expensive.

Keep it short. Our flight was under 3 hours, and that was enough time to sit in slightly uncomfortable seats. The biggest problem we had was that one of our flights was at night, and the kids were trying to sleep. It's almost impossible to sleep while sitting straight up. I wouldn't recommend Frontier for international travel for that reason. Smile. If you go into anything with a crappy attitude, that's what you will get in return. Everyone we encountered through Frontier was friendly enough.

Booked a flight to SLC on 12/31/2016. When trying to check in I discovered an additional 120 costs for 1 bag and 1 carry on. Arrived at the airport and checked in, was not told my flight out was already running late. Received no notice from anyone or on my phone but was told by a worker that the flight was delayed 2 1/2 hours. Sat in the gate area for another 3 hours and slowly throughout that time the flight delay increased, there were no announcements, nothing. Everyone was just expected to know. The attendant was changing various reservations for connecting flights.

Eventually it was so late that my own connection was affected. When I tried to adjust my reservation, they informed me that when I get to Denver, I would be responsible for any overnight stays, etc. and they could get me on a plane for 9:30 the next day to SLC as this was caused by weather issues. I have checked the weather for the location the plane was coming from and there were no weather issues at that time of the day. They were not understanding in any way with myself or others. They say they will refund my ticket, I have had to book another flight on another airline. Will never even consider flying Frontier again and will tell others.

Flight was delayed for negligence of mechanic to complete the job the day prior. Call in center gives wrong information about cost of seating. You pay for EVERYTHING which makes your low cost ticket cost more than other airlines. Flight was delayed due to lack of fueling the plane and finding someone who could do it. I will NEVER fly Frontier again.

I recently decided to take a short ski trip to CO; something I hadn't done in 22 years. I purchased lift tickets in advance for the first vacation for myself in 10 years. I decided to fly as economically as possible. Knowing now what I didn't know then I would have gladly paid $300 for a different airline. I shouldn't say that I never got a chance to truly review Frontier. Like so many other passengers I too had the misfortune of dealing with Linda. I hope the owners of Frontier absorb that last line without glossing over it. You have a single employee in KC that has a personal consumer rating that comes at the cost to your bottom line. The hardest customer to get is the one you already lost.

Details? I will be brief and give it the same short and cold touch Linda provided me on Jan. 31st, 2017. I checked-in in advance and did everything that Frontier and MCI requests of responsible passengers these days. Less than 20 yards away was an adjacent airport lounge. I watch my funds, so my personally imposed 2 drink maximum was easy to maintain. 2 drinks, total, in an hour. For the record I think it is necessary to add that I am over 6' tall and weigh 225. There was another 30 minutes to wait for boarding which flew by, I was excited.

Encountering Linda at Boarding seemed uncomfortable immediately. Rudely told my bag wouldn't fit under the seat and I must pay an additional fee, $40? I placed my bag in the "test" area to see if it in fact met the dimensions required. It did. Linda said nothing, took my boarding pass and rudely waved me on. Literally within 2 minutes I was asked by an employee to come back to check in, that it was determined I "might" be intoxicated and wouldn't be allowed to depart.

There waiting smugly was Linda. She ignored my questions and without even looking over her shoulder said I should meet her back at check-in. No matter my valid points, it was clear Linda held the cards and said if I wanted to fly the next night for an additional $325 I was welcome to pay now. I will wrap up with this observation. Unless Frontier Airline is a Not-for-profit company, you won't make the long haul with an employee like Linda. She should realize people are flying to destinations that are important to them, your former customers. Thank you.

I spent over an hour trying to add a checked luggage for $60! Their website was not working, so I called them on the phone. The representative put my credit card through manually and voila it worked! I asked to speak with a supervisor and he was rude and did not even apologize. He told me to go write a review on their website. I think that they should have compensated me for my wasted time.

I am writing to voice my extreme disappointment with Frontier Airlines and its check-in policies, along with its overall service. Not only did I waste money for a better seat (supposedly more room) on my first flight because there was limited room to place carry-on luggage (which I had to pay for, suggesting that perhaps I would at least have the appropriate space to reach my luggage if need be) and personal items, but I have never experienced such an unwillingness to accommodate a passenger who is only minutes late to checking in at the airport.

Due to the completely unreliable app that Frontier has put forward, which rendered me unable to check-in to my flight early, I was alerted that I could not board my plane despite only arriving 40 minutes before my scheduled departure. As someone who travels to Las Vegas often and works for a company that entails frequent travel, I understand slight inconveniences in traveling. But I’ve never received such a combination of poor customer service, terrible policy-making, and inconsideration of.

I do intend on reviewing Frontier with this information on as many sites as possible (TripAdvisor, Google, etc.) because I do not believe companies like this deserve to continue to put forward egregiously bad service and still make a profit. If Frontier truly wants to live by its motto, Low Fares Done Right, then it should put some serious thought into its hiring practices, check-in policies, and technology implementation. Do not fall for "Low Fares Done Right". Extremely misleading.

It's extremely rare that I feel the need to review something; I'm a very even keel personality and a frequent flier, but this one really rocked the boat. On December 22, 2016, my boyfriend and I were flying from Fort Lauderdale to Cincinnati. The morning of our flight, I was able to check-in with their app and flight status said on-time. We arrived at the airport 1.5 hours before departure. When we got to the terminal, we weren't sure that we were in the right place because, even though the signs outside said Frontier, there were no Frontier screens behind any of the check-in desks. There were, however, 3 signs conspicuously turned off. We wander that way, passing the departures board that say our flight is cancelled (WHAT? - online it was still listed as on-time). At the vacant desks, we met about 15 confused and stranded passengers, also looking for Frontier desks... personnel... overhead announcement... anything.

I fly a lot, ** happens, but the lack of/false communication is what irked me. I start looking around for staff to talk about re-booking options. There are none! One of the fellow passengers had already been on hold with customer service for 45 minutes. My boyfriend stayed with her, along with a mother + son who had been re-booked twice already, because of Frontier's last minute cancellations. Hearing this, I headed over to Southwest to wait in their line, because they had a flight later that night, 2 hours from our intended destination.

45 minutes before our supposed departure (it's difficult not to point out that such behavior from a passenger would lead to him/her not being able to board, but I digress), a Frontier staff member emerges with some security guards (!) and gives us, well those few who were still remaining, a form that explained our 3 options: get re-booked on a Frontier flight sometime in the future (their next flight was Christmas Day, NOPE!), get a refund + $200 travel voucher, get reimbursed up to $600 for travel on a competitor + $200 travel voucher. Thankfully, I was already standing in the very long Southwest line, when my boyfriend quite literally runs over with the info. So we chose option 3. Let's just say that a flight 3 days before Christmas, 1 hour before take-off is not cheap! I live overseas, hadn't seen my family in 15 months, and it was Christmas, so on the credit card it went.

I filed our reimbursement form on Dec 24th, via email as per their instructions. I received first acknowledgement that they received it on Jan. 13th. It is now Feb. 1 and I still don't have my money back. They were very clear that it could take 90 days for processing, but I think that's ridiculous... And is that 90 days from Christmas Eve or 90 days from Jan. 13, I wonder? And oh yea, my mother was still intending to pick us up at 2am, because the information on the Frontier website was still wrong. It said we had a 4 hour delay. It's a 90 minute ride in the airport, so thankfully we had touched down and I was able to call her in time (especially since we ended up in Indianapolis, instead of Cincinnati).

Needless to say, this was my first and my last experience with Frontier. When I told my story over Christmas meal, I was one-upped by a family friend (and her family of 5) who ended up driving from Colorado to Cincinnati over 2 days because of Frontier's shenanigans. Kudos to Southwest though. Everything was on-time, our checked bags arrived with us, and the gate agent even let me call my mom from her personal phone, because my Dutch one couldn't pick up a signal. They're my go-to US airline, silly me for attempting to try something new.

Frontier is by far the worst airline and among the worst companies that I ever dealt with. I purchased a ticket from Miami to NY lured by their low prices, which after all their fees turned out to be the same as the reputable airlines. That aside, upon my arrival to the airport on my return flight, they announced the flight was cancelled. The only solution was to book me on the next available flight ONE WEEK later (Christmas day). I ended up having to buy a new same-day, one-way ticket with another airline for $540 so I can get back on time, since they don't contract with other airlines to remediate customers when flights are cancelled. Upon my request, the Frontier ticket agent offered me a refund for the entire cost of the Frontier flight and the $40 bag check.

A month later I called customer service because they only refunded partial cost of the flight ($74). They refused to honor the refund, even though I have a refund receipt. When asked to speak to a manager, she was equally rude and when asked to speak to her manager, she left me hanging on the phone without speaking or ending the call. PLEASE don't be fooled by their marketing schemes and go for the reputable airline instead. This turned out to be a very expensive flight because of their poor business practices and disregard for their customers. They should not conduct business.

From the moment I contacted Frontier with a problem with my reservation, I felt like I was dealing with a flea market and the whole idea was to get more money from me. When it was all said and done, a small modification ending up costing me a whopping $180 more than the original tickets. I have never flown Frontier before and will NEVER do it again. I travel frequently and use Alaska most of the time. To those that say there isn't much difference in airlines, think again.

I found myself repeating the same info over and over again to different employees while trying to locate my lost luggage. They're playing games. I gave both home and cell numbers and they sent an email saying they didn't have a phone number. As far as l'm concerned my meds, address book and laptop power supply are gone. Live and learn. I shouldn't have put those in checked bag. I won't be flying Frontier again either. If they call me I'll say keep the bag and have a nice life. They're flat out lying about not having my contact info.

I was flying alone on Nov 20, 2016 from Las Vegas to Milwaukee. I was sitting about 4 rows back by the window. After the flight landed and the attendant informed us we can unbuckle our seat belts and gather our things I grabbed my purse and belongings. I politely asked the couple "excuse me" and the guy stood up but the woman asked me, "Where do you think you're going". I responded "I do not have any luggage so I want to get off before it get too packed". She replied while shoving me into the window "You are not going anywhere. Sit down". I pushed her hand from my stomach and she begin reaching with her opposite hand to hit me, I grabbed her arms and restrained her from hitting me while yelling for help because I felt her and her husband was attempting to kidnap me considering I was alone (5ft 120lbs) and she refused me to leave physically and verbally.

The attendant never came to see what happened or to separate us. I was stuck scared for my life in a little corner where the lady continued to refuse me to leave for approximately 20 mins until the police came. Once the police came I ran to safety without any sympathy or reassurance from any worker on that airplane. I was afraid for my life and no one helped. If you are okay with spending your money with a company that do not value their customers' safety then fly Frontier! If you want to make it to your destination comfortable and safe I advise you spend a few extra dollars and fly with a company that care about the safety of their customers!

Our experience flying with Frontier was horrible! They messed our bags up coming back on a return flight. It took us over a half hour to find someone to help us file a claim for our lost baggage. Miami we had to stand in line over 100 people to check our bags. Only one worker with Frontier and they were rude when we got up there. Called customer service today for a refund for luggage and a girl that says she normally doesn't even work in that department said they were not responsible! I am upset and will tell others NEVER to fly Frontier! Cheap flights but not worth it! HORRIBLE customer service!

My experience with Frontier has been by far the worst experience. I'm not familiar with Vegas airport. I arrived to check in for my flight an hour early, 5 am, only to find out I had to take a shuttle over to Frontier. There were no signs pointing out their location so by the time I figured it out I had 30 min to get to the door. The lady at the desk wouldn't even listen to me. She said "It's too late. Door closed." Absolutely not. I had to pay a extra 375.00 to re-book a flight for my daughter and I. Next flight left at 6 pm arrival to SLC 10:50 pm. Flight was delayed. Didn't get home till 1 am. Do you think they paid for their delay? Customer service horrible, very disrespectful. Instead of trying to diffuse the situation and show sympathy she was rude. I'll never use this airline again!!

This is by far the worst airline I have ever experience and I have flown many cheap airlines like Air Asia. I tried to change my flight to the next day and they charged me an extra $300. Not only did they direct me to an online website in which I had to pay more money to change the flight but my full round trip flights that were scheduled were erased and I could not get back to Denver. They basically accused me of messing up myself, offered zero service, help or customer service, and then left us stranded at the airport with no care. I will never fly Frontier again as they offer not only the worst customer service of any airline but any company I have ever dealt with. This is the epitome of a terrible experience.

My Husband and I departed Denver Colorado on January 21, 2017 around 12:30 am. Our flight was originally suppose to take off at 11:55 am but was delayed about 1/2 hour (not a big deal). When we boarded the flight, I found the flight attendants very rude. You can tell they don't like to answer any questions a passenger may have. I asked one of them something simple like "is this flight booked" and she just looked at me like I was stupid or had 3 heads! Shortly into the flight there was a tremendous amount of turbulence. Again, very normal for a flight. It continued throughout the flight. And the trip from Colorado to Orlando is not a short plane ride. So for someone who already is apprehensive when it comes to flying, all the turbulence did not make it easy. You can hear everyone talking and how scared they were.

On the flight going to Colorado from OIA, whenever the pilot was experiencing some turbulence and it continued, he would come onto the speaker and explain what was going on. Again, something absolutely necessary when you're transporting almost 180 passengers. Sometimes that's all the passengers need to hear to be made calm. However the pilot that was returning us to OIA did not do that at all. Matter of fact, he never came on the speakers at all. Neither did the flight attendants for the duration of the flight until the very end To announce there was turbulence. Um... by that time it was very obvious. There was at least 3 passengers who hit the button for the attendants' attention because they needed help. They were getting so sick & when she came she said there's nothing she can do & she wasn't even supposed to be up. There was one lady who had a panic/asthma attack, and a couple other passengers who were throwing up.

It would have been nice to have the pilot come on and let us know what was happening. At one time, Red cabin lights came on and was extremely alarming because nobody knew what it meant. There was one lady (poor thing) that called for one of the flight attendants and asked for some water because she was sick and they told her no because it was not an emergency. But about 1/2 hour into take-off, that same flight attendant who told the lady "NO" they getting some water, promised a 21 year old and was joking and telling her if she answered a flight "test" questions right, she will give her a free alcoholic beverage since she just turned 21. That flight attendant did not even cover the area towards the back where this girl was sitting with beverages but made a special trip to bring this 21 year old a drink & couldn't even take care of the sick passenger when she asked for water?? That is not ok.

She went out of her way for one passengers but for the passenger who really needed assistance she did not. It would have really calmed my nerves had the pilot spoken to his passengers on the intercom or at least if one of the flight attendants would have said why the airplane felt like we were in the world most craziest roller coaster. No reason in the world nobody could not have done that. Pilots should be seasoned for this kind of communication. I will never fly Frontier because I can never chance being on board one of their flights again and have the same repeat disaster. It was one of the scariest times in my life!

Pay for each bag, carry on is $45. I scammed them on the return trip and did not pay for my carry on! Awful uncomfortable seats, feels like you're suffocating in there. Dying of thirst, be prepared to pay $3.99 for a tiny cup of generic water they pour out of a bottle. I'd walk on my tongue through the desert before buying water from them. The whole experience was awful. I could have flown SouthWest for way less after all Frontier's scamming fees. Save yourself the hassle and book with a reputable airline! Never will I fly Frontier again. The plane also felt so unsafe!

I have flown many times, this being the first time with Frontier. I went on a short trip to Tampa from Chicago for a business meeting and for my grandfather's 75th birthday. On this weekend trip the airlines lost my bag, gave me phone numbers to contact people that did not work, gave me three different emails to send my information, too, about how I would be reimbursed for the clothes that I had to buy for the weekend, and when I got my bag back after returning to Chicago my straps on my bag were all broken.

It has been a week now since my trip and I have yet to get in touch with someone that is able to tell me any information on when I will be reimbursed. I had to charge this to my credit card which will soon begin to have late fees for not paying this off. Each time I call Chicago to get this resolved they tell me it's not their problem, it's Tampa. I call Tampa and they tell me since I flew from Chicago I need to contact Chicago. With being given three different emails I do not know who will get around to this. I have asked that they at least reply to the email and let me know when this will be resolved. Besides the flight, this has been a terrible experience for me and I would like to just get in touch with someone and get this resolved, which at this point seems impossible.

Was at the airport 13 hours today. 5 delays for Frontier Airlines flight from Tampa to Las Vegas. I get that delays happen but they totally lied to our faces. They told us there was a replacement aircraft coming into Tampa to take us to our destination. It did not arrive. No explanation. When the second gate crew shift came on duty, I asked where is the replacement aircraft to take us to Las Vegas? She said there never was one. I will never fly Frontier Airlines ever again. So many unhappy passengers. I rebooked for tomorrow, but on a different airline.

My parents were at the airport for their trip to Mexico. The flight was supposed to leave at 6:45am according to their original confirmation, as well as the phone reminder my mom had received the morning of. They stepped up to the counter at 5:50am and the attendant claimed that you are required to be checked in at least 45 minutes before your flight and they had missed it. My mom replied back that the flight does not leave until 6:45 and that is more than 45 minutes. The attendant goes on to tell her that the flight is actually leaving at 6:25 am. The confirmation that my parents had received had the wrong flight times, flights numbers, everything. She said to call a number that she provided and they would change their tickets. After calling and paying $200 in change fees, they are not able to get out more than 2 days later. Leave it to Frontier to ruin vacations! We will never be using them again.

My wife and I fly 1-2 times a year. The last 3 times we have flown Frontier, round trip from Cleveland to Orlando, have been good. All 3 round trip flights were either early or on time. Crew was courteous and helpful. I will say the seats are not comfortable on planes, and if I was flying on a much longer flight, I would be on a higher priced airline. We were skeptical of flying on a budget priced airline because of past experiences. But we are, overall, happy with our experience with Frontier.

Expert Review

Erika ArmstrongAirlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.    More about Erika→

Founded in 1994, Frontier Airlines now launches more than 375 flights each day to destinations throughout the U.S., Mexico and Jamaica. Today, this relatively new airline employs more than 3,000 aviation professionals.

• Get the works: Frontier Airlines offers a package price that includes services such as refund-ability, free change service, priority boarding, extra carry-on and checked bag allowance and more.
  • Exclusive discounts on fares: Travelers who join the Frontier Airlines Discount Den get access to low-rate fares only available to members. Members can book flights for up to six people on the same subscription.
  • Manage flights online: Through the Frontier website, travelers can check in, book flights, make changes and check on the status of their flights.
  • Economy-plus options: Get the same low fares on economy-class seating but nab an extra 5 to 7 inches of legroom with stretch-seat options. A small additional fee gives passengers that little bit of extra space.
  • Choose your seat: Many airlines have moved away from assigned seating, but on Frontier passengers can select a seat that lets groups stay together in the air.
  • Best for Vacationers, holiday travelers and frequent fliers who want extra room and more control over their experience.

Compare Airlines