1.32/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Frontier Airlines

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 6, 2017

1181 Frontier Airlines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 21, 2017

This is a true scam. I never heard of Frontier or aware of it until I read the news item about United CEO upset at Frontier selling 25 dollar tickets. I tried to get into the bargain. First step I had to pay 49 dollars to become a member. Then I found out that the cheap fare is no good during holiday times. Even then when I started to buy it I noted that carry on bag is 30 dollars each way and the seats cost money and so by the time it all added up it is no cheaper than a regular Southwest fare. Once I read all the write ups about Frontier, I am never going to fly an airline such as that. Not so much because of all the hassles. Because of safety. So here is my question to all, how is this airline still up and running when it scams just about every customer???

Original review: July 21, 2017

My wife and I traveled back from Seattle to Cleveland via Frontier Airlines. Terrible experience. We purchased tickets via Orbitz and flew to Seattle on different airline, very good experience (drink, snack, movie, comfortable seats). We tried to check In online within 24 hours of departure and found Frontier's website to be terrible. I had seat assignments when I purchased tickets, but they did not show when checking in, only seats that showed I had to purchase. We then could not get seats to save so had to check in at airport. Showed up early to check in, but they use contract labor that only show up 2 hours before flight and it was a mad rush to stand in long line with all other travelers.

Then we had to pay $45/bag for checked luggage and they also charge $45/bag for carry on luggage if you want to use overhead compartments, otherwise it has to be put under seat. Speaking of seats, they felt like a piece of plastic with vinyl over it and minimal foam padding. Rough 4.5 hour flight to say the least. I tried to switch this return flight, but same day was just too expensive. I would not recommend Frontier Airlines. Flights may seem cheap on the surface, but a lot of hidden costs and no drink, snack, movie, or comfortable seating for 4.5 hour flight. They are on my No Fly list.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I booked a flight for my husband and I from Austin to Chicago back in June for October travel date. I got an email earlier this week stating that my reservation has changed which will get us in later than we would like to. I read many bad reviews on Frontier so my expectation was super low when I called customer service. I did have to wait for about 20 minutes before getting a "live" person. I spoke with Sam and explained to her the situation and that we need to get in to Chicago as originally planned for an event. She asked if we could leave a day early and I told her no. That is not possible. I did have to proactively ask if there is a chance they can cancel my reservation and provide a full refund and to my surprise she said yes. That is not a problem.

She said I should receive an email in 24-48 hours confirming the cancellation and should see refund in 7-10 business days. And on top of that, she said they will provide my husband and I each a $50 travel vouchers for our inconvenience! Mind you I was very skeptical, even after hanging up with her. But what do you know, I got the email confirmation right after we hung out that it's been cancelled, and I saw the refund in my bank account the next day. Very pleasantly surprised. I have not seen the second email regarding the vouchers yet but I'm ok if I don't get any. I just wanted my money back and them not charging any extra weird cancellation fees. I'm a happy customer.

Original review: July 18, 2017

Horrible experience flying with this airline. Two of the flight attendants for this flight just didn't show up for my 8am flight, the airline didn't know or start looking for replacements until 8am. Our flight was delayed over 1 1/2 hours waiting for them to locate 2 more employees to take their spot. No compensation or accommodations were offered for anyone, even those with connecting flights. All staff were very unprofessional and unprepared. I will never fly this airline again, now you know why their prices are so cheap.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I paid almost $300 for my free ticket. The hidden fees are everywhere. If you would like a true free ticket, fly Southwest. All you pay is $11 to cover the required fees. Do not get tricked into getting their credit card for free miles either. The yearly fee adds more to the cost of the flight without an additional anniversary bonus. There is a reason Frontier has such a low score; the customer means nothing. Don't bother calling to complain either. They are so used to miserable customers that they fail to listen and hang up if you try to follow-up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?

Original review: July 12, 2017

55 min. flight from Philadelphia to Raleigh, NC that took All Day!!! I am an event planner. I need to be where I need to be when I need to be there!!! Today I arrived at the airport at 11:30 am for a flight due to leave at 1:20 pm. While in the check baggage line, I found out my flight had been delayed to 2:53 pm. I missed an email that went out at 10:18 am. I guess I was too busy rushing to the airport. By 12:30 pm, it was delayed to 2:00 pm, it was delayed again to 4:35 pm, then 4:53 pm, then 5:42 pm and so on and so on. Well we finally boarded at 9:00 pm. We are still on the runway at 9:51 pm. Thank you Frontier for wasting my entire day. I was due at my daughter's university for a presentation to new parents! This is ridiculous! I was at the airport long enough for a day's salary! Unacceptable! We all should be paid! 7 delays total!

Original review: July 10, 2017

The worst airlines ever made. Flights are always delayed. The food service is terrible and ** they don't care that people have to be at their destinations at a certain time. Horrible services. You have to pay for your own food. Don't count on food, bring your own snacks. 2.99 chips and beverages ** and ** never again.

Original review: July 9, 2017

Paid over $300 for a ticket. Then you have to pay extra to choose a seat. My daughter had a purse and they wouldn't let her on the flight until she paid $50 to take it. They were threatening to shut the door and not let her on until she paid. The rude attendant said "This is an ala carte airline". I said then "what was the $300 I paid for?" No answer. I paid and there was no overhead space for it so she had to try to put it under the seat. Being 6'3" it was very crowded. Then on my ccard they charged me $60. Of course when I called them later about it they said "sorry, we can't do anything." Frontier is the worst business model ever. I won't be sad when they go under. They could take a tip from Southwest.

Original review: July 3, 2017

Frontier Airline could offer me a free seat every month and I would not take it. This is apparently an airline plagued with mechanical issues. Worse is how they treat their passengers. Frontier told 182 passengers they would have to wait a week to get home - WHAT, WHO does that? That is completely not realistic to assume everyone can afford to take another week off of work. They spent a lot of time shrugging shoulders at people and feeding them airport food. What made it worse is everyone on the plane knew it was something other than the air conditioning - they lied. What people want is the truth. Be up front, tell how long it will take and let people make informed decisions so they can get home to their families.

Original review: June 30, 2017

I had a booked flight on the 24th of this month. Prior to my flight I had been feeling a little sick and on my way to the airport I spiked a fever of 103. I ended up calling Frontier and telling them that I was currently on my way to the emergency room with my boyfriend (who had a flight that same day as well). The man on the phone from Frontier told me that as long as I had a doctor's note, he will put our flights on hold and we will be able to just reschedule once we fax my doctor's note in.

We go to the doctor, turns out I had a really bad kidney infection and my doctor had told me to hold off flying for at least 24 hours as the medicine she prescribed made me a little nauseous. We get home and faxed the doctor's note into Frontier only to call them and have them tell us that there will not be any way that we can reschedule the flight and that we had to pay a fee of $50.00. The supervisor that we talked to gave us both vouchers and was very VERY quick to hang up the phone. We are going to the airport today to hopefully knock some sense into these people. As far as I knew, if you had a valid medical note and reason for not making your scheduled flight AND you call before the departure time, you should be able to reschedule your flight. I just need to make it home and these people were terribly rude.

Original review: June 29, 2017

Booked a flight that was scheduled to leave at 11:05 am. Got an email that night saying the flight was changed to 5:30 am. That time doesn't work for me, which is why I booked the later flight to begin with. After being on hold for 30 minutes, I was told they would refund my flight. After hanging up, I got the email saying they are only refunding half. This is the worst airline and I will never fly them again. You'll end up paying more in the end if you book through Frontier Airlines.

Original review: June 29, 2017

Flight was decent, but they lost my baggage. My flight was from DFW to Denver. I have multiple medical conditions that require daily medications and I also wear contacts that I change daily. The lady acted like she had no idea what was going on or where my baggage was. After an HOUR of waiting, she said they probably left my bag in Dallas. She said it would be at least a day and a half until they could get me my bags back. So now I have NO medicine, and NO contacts or glasses. They said they would not refund my bag fee, but would reimburse me for up to $75 worth of reasonable necessities at the airport. Did I mention I have no medicine? Unbelievable. Never flying Frontier again.

Original review: June 23, 2017

Today, I went on the Frontier Airlines website to book a trip from Orlando to Cincinnati. The experience using the site was exasperating and I am not computer illiterate. I finally booked the flight getting the best airfare by purchasing The Works. This allowed for free checked bag, free carry on, refundability, etc. My understanding was the fee was good for a year, but it's only good for the flight that was booked. My mistake, but my complaint is the site is misleading travelers by not highlighting the extra fee is flight specific. This trip will be my last on Frontier.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I just booked a trip from Chicago to Las Vegas for this August for my birthday. I booked online for the 16th-20th. When I finished my transaction it said August 16th-22th. I called immediately. The sale dep. said there is nothing they can do. Last time flying with Frontier Airlines.

Original review: June 20, 2017

My flight from Cincinnati to San Diego on June 18, 2017 was delayed almost 4 hours. They did their boarding process in 15 minutes and when the rude lady at the counter announced, "This is the last and final call for boarding," I rushed towards her and she saw me and my sister but still she went inside and closed the gate. I called my parents who had already boarded, and they had to literally beg the pilot to let me in. I approached the lady when she came out and asked her, "How could you close the gate on us," and she started mumbling saying, "Not my fault. The gate is suppose to close at this time," and bla bla. Like who closes the gate in 15 minutes from when the boarding started and when you can see the passengers running towards you? Anyway I am glad I was able to get onto the flight, thanks to my parents' begging and cries to let me in. I will never forget this and will never use Frontier ever again. You are a disgrace to the airline industry.

Original review: June 19, 2017

As part of our Apple Vacation to Punta Cana, our family flew Frontier out of ORD. Where to begin? Seats do not recline, depth of snack tray is about 3" (No worries, they don't give you anything without a price!), plane was not very clean, flight attendant was extremely bossy and abrasive. Icing on the cake... They sat my 85 year old mom and my sister in the wrong seats. Lots of shuffling around required, and then the flight attendant said to me, "Why is she (my sister) moving so slow?" The other flight attendant rammed my elbow spilling coffee (purchase at ORD - I repeat - NOTHING is complimentary) over me. When everyone was seated, I approached rude, bossy pants and explained why I was so offended. After that, she tripped over herself trying to be nice. I believe she feared I would make a formal complaint. That may still happen. We have one more flight with them to get home. Regardless of the outcome, this will be my last Frontier flight. 1 star is generous.

Original review: June 16, 2017

Only because you can't give negative numbers. Worst airline ever!!! It is worth the extra cost to travel on a quality airline. Changed our flight to give us an 8 hour layover without letting us know, making us miss an important family event. They were not willing to do a thing to remedy the situation, because they say that they sent an email, an email that I never received. This airline in dishonest, unprofessional, unorganized, and a total waste of money. You get what you pay for, and Frontier Airlines is not worth it. Please travel with an respectable company.

Original review: June 15, 2017

Charge of $45 for a carry on!! I tried to check in and add bags online, but the website would not take me where I need to go. I tried calling and the automated service only went around in circles. No option in automated calling system to speak to a human. Then the attendants were rude and sarcastic. The seat are very uncomfortable. Get with the times and add charging ports.

Original review: June 15, 2017

We were checking in our one bag and charged me 45 dollars then lady told us we had to check in our other bags. Also charged us 45 dollars each carry. That is robbery. Should have flown with United. Will never fly with Frontier Airlines again. My trip was ruined. Left me zero in my account.

Original review: June 8, 2017
We booked flights for six people. They changed the flights. Made them overnight stays. Would not refund money till reviewed. Bought parachute for no charges

if I cancelled. Would not refund money till reviews that takes 10 days. Horrible flights were booked for Military Graduation. Not American company. No morals or caring. Gonna use my money and not refund as they should. They canceled and changed flight. They should refund immediately. Not consumer's fault and they don't care. It's their process to bait and switch the customer.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I booked my tickets from Colorado to Vegas in January for a June flight. The night before my flight leaving to Vegas I logged on to check in and my 10:50am flight showed it was now leaving at 3:50pm. I immediately called Frontier. I was told there was an earlier flight but it was full. I explained we were going to a wedding and I had to be there for the rehearsal dinner and this would not work. People book certain times for a reason. I received no advanced notification of the flight change. I was told there were no other flights. I asked to cancel my reservation and refund my flight. Then they tried to charge me $100 a ticket to cancel. They move the flight and then tried to make me pay to cancel. What a joke.

I ranted and raved 'till I got a manager which took about an hour and a half between being on hold etc... I canceled my flight and then ended up booking another airline the night before my flight at an additional cost that I had to absorb to make it in on time. I will never fly Frontier again!!! This was complete unacceptable and the worst customer service I have ever experienced! Take my advice and pick another airline...

Original review: June 3, 2017

My mother flew from Denver to Dallas (DFW) to help me with surgery. She got here Thursday morning and apparently her checked bag did not. After being told to fill out a claim for it, my husband ran her by the store to get a few items. She called the line for lost baggage and was told that her bag was "probably" in Houston and they would call her back with an update.

Hours later, no call. She calls again. No one knows what she's talking about as there is "no claim." Seriously!? She talks to someone AGAIN and is told that they have to talk to a supervisor and will call her back. Surprise! No call. This has happened over and over for almost 48 hours now. NO ONE knows where her bag is, IF Frontier is even in POSSESSION of her bag and she is being told she will only be reimbursed for items she has had to purchase (toiletries, clothes, etc) "within reason." What. Does. That. Even. Mean?! A person has to have underwear, pajamas, a change of clothes for each day (or at least 2 to trade out and wash) and toiletries.

So then my mom (on her umpteenth call to Rose in lost baggage) asks if she will be charged to carry on the bag that she now has to purchase for her return flight. She is told "well, if you check the bag, possibly not." Check her new bag? CHECK THE BAG!? Are you joking? We still don't even know where her current bag is! You know, the one with my mom's nice clothes and shoes, Clinique makeup, Apple iPad, prescription medication and gifts for her granddaughters in it. The one that NO ONE KNOWS WHERE IT IS!

What really gets me is, there is absolutely ZERO compassion or apologies. Just a dismissive "our apologies for your inconvenience. Our apologies for your inconvenience." Yeah? Well then DO something! Start making some reimbursements, stop giving excuses and OWN UP TO YOUR MISTAKE! There is no reason why they should not know where this bag is. Shouldn't every bag be scanned at exit and entry for flights? They should know where it is! I am so done with Frontier.

Our last two flights had similarly B.S. experiences with our PAID FOR seats "disappearing" because they switched the flight "for our convenience" and the row our seats were in magically disappeared. Went to check in 24 hours before and had no seats! Then our flight was massively delayed on the return trip. No notification. Is Frontier even aware that they are in the business of CUSTOMER SERVICE because they SUCK at it! I'll pay more to fly another airline from now on.

Original review: June 1, 2017

On January 5, 2017 purchased three tickets round-trip tickets from Kansas City to Orlando Florida. Left flights were straight flights leaving on June 1 at 6:00 pm arriving in Florida at around 9:55 PM, on flight 1608. So yesterday when I asked my husband to go on the website and try to check in like I have done always on other airlines, he told me something didn't look right so I said, "Something doesn't look right." It shows that we don't arrive there till 2 June.

I assumed that my husband had made an error. I told him don't worry about it. As soon as I get home which was at 8:45 last night I called JustFly.com which is the way I have purchased my airlines, I told him that I wanted to check in and I was double checking on my itinerary. He proceed to let me know that Frontier has actually changed itinerary months ago. As you can imagine I was very very upset. My son actually plays for his school band. I was going to be performing at Universal Studios on Friday. Thursday Friday June 2 at or around nine in the morning. When you advise me that my itinerary was now leaving Kansas City at 2:05 arriving in Denver at 2:15 I'm leaving the next morning at 12:15 AM I was so upset. He told me that not only has my outbound ticket had changed but my return had changes well. Remember I had bought straight flight tickets.

My son had left on the charter bus and my youngest son. My husband and I have you made plans to not only watch my oldest son perform with his school but take the youngest boy and make it a little mini vacation. The attendant for justfly.com told me that he was contacting Frontier and to please hold. I waited about 20 to 25 minutes before he came back to the phone with some gentleman by the name of Jim that was a representative for Frontier Airlines.

I was so excited when he got on the phone thinking that everything was going to be taken care of. But after he got on the phone he told me there was nothing that could be done and the airlines had emailed me and had let me know of all the changes. I said this was an untrue statement. I have never received an email telling me that my itinerary has changed. Why would I have waited to the last minute to check in if I was crunched for time. My husband and I both work and this was the time that I needed to fly due to our work schedules. We had planned and scheduled those many months ago.

Then I proceeded to ask him to speak to a manager on duty. I was very upset. He said he would get someone for me. I waited over an hour before this gentleman came back to the phone only adding to my anger. No manager ever came back to the phone. The only one that came back to the phone was the same gentleman Jim. Only to tell me that the managers were busy and we're unable to come to the phone. It felt like I had gotten another slap on the face. I asked them to issue me a full refund immediately. That took him another 20 minutes for him to do so.

At that point he asked me for an email so he could send me my refund information. Sold. I asked him, "I thought you guys told me that you had sent me an email in the past advising me of my itinerary change then is going." He said, "Yes we did not have an email on file. I apologize." This only got me even more angry and upset, but I did not want to let my son down. I was going to go watch his brother perform and be our little mini family vacation that will be the only vacation that we could take this summer.

So while waiting for him to issue me a refund I ended up going to the Southwest Airlines and purchasing tickets for us to fly out today and spent over $2200 for us to attend my son's performance. Disappointment, upset and really has made me sick to my stomach. I will be calling corporate office today at some point. I am hoping that this company is not as bad as everybody says. If not I'll try to pursue this to court. What they have done is wrong in every single level. We are hard-working family then unfortunately does not go on many vacations. This was a well planned vacation since January 2017. I have not gone in debt with my credit cards so I don't disappoint my youngest son. I will update as soon as I get a hold of corporate.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I had booked and paid for a flight from Denver to Miami departing on Sunday May 28 at 11:59 pm, arriving in Miami Monday May 29 at 5:47 am. When I printed my confirmation receipt, I noticed that the departing time had been moved ahead by 3 minutes to 12:02 am. I arrived at the airport 3 hours before the flight. I tried to print my boarding pass at the airport kiosk and it directed me to the counter instead. The agent at the counter informed me that I had missed the flight since it had left on Sunday the 28 of May at 12:02 am instead of Sunday May 28 at 11:59 pm. This trick made the flight a very early flight by 23 hours and 7 minutes instead of a late night flight.

The agent informed me that it was a non-refundable ticket and that the only thing she could do for me was put me on a standby flight and charge and extra $99 rebooking fee for each ticket. After raising a stink at the counter, they waived the rebooking fee and put me on standby, for a flight that I had booked and paid for a month before. I eventually was able to board the flight and given two seats in the front section where they have their prime seats. There were 4 empty seats in addition to mine when we took off. This is a horrible airline and try to use every trickster their disposal to take your money and not deliver what they offer. I am sure that there are many unsuspecting customers out there in which this trick has been applied.

Original review: May 30, 2017

Horrible is all I can say about this airline! I flew out on 4/28/17 to Denver. They lost my luggage. I arrived in a blizzard with nothing warm! I filed a claim that evening. Then on my return flight home. I missed my flight while dealing with baggage claim. I had to rebook a new flight for the next day. Which they charged $100 for! So I had to spend another night in Denver.

I got to the airport two hours early like I should only to find out they had not only changed gates on me without any notification but was also delayed an hour. We were supposed to depart at 3:49 now instead of 2:40. We did not even pull away from the gate until after 4:40! No one contacted me about my bags after two weeks of waiting. I finally called corporate office. Had to file yet ANOTHER CLAIM!! It's been two weeks since doing that. They keep saying they have never received my claim. And when they do It will take 30 days after that while they continue looking for my bags. I am a single mother of two. I cannot just run out and replace what was in that bag (ALL OF MY WORK CLOTHES!!). Please do not use this airline!

Original review: May 15, 2017

Whenever you need to change your schedules, don't do it online. Always call in. They don't tell you they will charge you and they won't tell you previous paid ticket will be cancelled without refund and they won't tell you they will charge you for any adjustment to your flight. I will never fly you again. A $230 ticket cost me $700.

Original review: May 8, 2017

My family of 4 booked round trip tickets to Orlando, for this week. I found out last Monday that I have a medical issue that prevents me from traveling at this time and will require surgery. I did submit a detailed letter from my physician. I cannot sit, nor stand for longer than 15 minutes, without being in excruciating pain. My doctors have no way of knowing if I will be medically cleared to travel in 90 days. I simply requested a refund or 4 new tickets. Both requests were denied.

It was hard enough telling our children that we were going to be unable to go to Universal Studios. It is simply ridiculous that we can't come to some sort of compromise! I do hope that if any member of this airline is ever faced with a similar situation as mine, that they will be shown more compassion than they have shown my family! This is not the way to treat your customers! My family could use the money that we spent on our tickets for my medical expenses or we could actually use new tickets for a future vacation, once I'm medically cleared to travel!

Original review: May 7, 2017

This airline flight 1307 was scheduled to departure at 9 pm. Was delayed to 9:33 pm. Then about then delayed again now due to a bathroom issue. It is now about 10:15 pm and no boarding yet. What a joke this company and their so called maintenance. Last time they get my money.

Original review: May 5, 2017

This airlines is suppose to be lower prices but you have to pay for this and pay for that when you get done. It is not saving you any money, the airline have gotten so cheap they cramp you in these tiny seats. No padding. If anything happens god forbid, the airline cramped more seats. Less leg room and you have to buy your drinks. They don't even offer free drinks, I couldn't believe it. If there is a delay you miss your connecting flight and when I missed my flight it was early enough to get enough another flight and they had no flight for the delay on their part. I WILL NEVER FLY THIS COMPANY AGAIN AND PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS COMPANY. GO ELSEWHERE.

Original review: May 5, 2017

Had some trouble with the online reservations but it was resolved with a phone call. The person on the site was foreign and was a little hard to understand. The flight was good except seats were too small and I liked the price of the flight but they want to charge extra for anything they can think of.

Frontier Airlines Company Information