Frontier Airlines

Compare Airlines

Research top Airlines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I flew into Vegas from Milwaukee for a birthday party. I had a five hour layover in Denver. Started to head out. Had to turn around cause there was something wrong with the air conditioning system so that took an addition 1:30min... I get to Vegas and I had NO LUGGAGE!!! I was told that my luggage "missed the flight". I didn't understand how/why didn't my luggage travel with me. So I'm extremely pissed cause EVERYTHING I needed in Vegas was in that luggage. They called me the next day to tell me my luggage was there at 8:30am. I asked them to deliver it to me. They said they could but it wouldn't be until 1 or 2 o'clock which I refused to wait that long so I told her I'll be there to get it.

After catching an Uber to get my luggage, I get there and she says she sent it out for delivery. I'm even more pissed at this point. But anyways she said she could have the guy to bring it back but it'll be an hour before he could. Didn't give me NOTHING for the inconvenience... Offered me $50 a day that I had to spend out of my own money (but after proving the purchases they'll send you a check in the mail) so if your money in your luggage I feel really bad for you cause there's nothing they would do. Wouldn't refund me for the Uber ride I had to take to get to the airport... Seriously in just two days with dealing with them and my first flight EVER riding with them I could write a book about why you SHOULDN'T waste your time and most importantly your MONEY with them. THE WORST EVER!!!

I booked a flight with Frontier in January 2016. The following day, I called to cancel the flight because of a scheduling conflict. That call was not recorded, though I have phone records indicating that I indeed phoned Frontier Airlines and spoke with an agent for several minutes. In that conversation, I was told my flight could not be cancelled. A week later, after reading all of the website information, I phoned again to press for a refund. At that time, I was told that "had I called within 24 hours", I could have received a refund, but that this was not the case a week later. So, I explained that I HAD called, was put through to a supervisor, and explained what had transpired. The resolution was that I received a credit instead of refund, which I was happy to take as flying Frontier Airlines again in the future was not undesirable. I was informed of no expiration date for these miles in that phone call.

I booked a rescheduled flight using a portion of the credit shell. Two emails were sent to me. The first told me I'd received the credit, and it indicated that I needed to use the credit within 90 days. The second one, which arrive an hour later, was the confirmation I received for this flight, and the expiration date read 12/99, which I read to mean indefinitely available. Why wouldn't it be? When I went to book a flight this weekend, I could not find my credits. When I phoned, I was told by Chris, department sales supervisor **, that the credit had expired and that "we can't" reissue it. His argument was that I was expected, as the customer, to know that 12/99 could not possibly be correct, and that I should have tracked my credit more carefully. So frustrating!

I'll never book with Frontier again because the errors made by two phone representatives (the first who did not record my call or provide accurate information about refunds; the second who did not in the discussion about providing a credit instead of a refund, inform me of an expiration date) led to me wasting hundreds of dollars, never mind the amount of time I spent trying to figure out what was supposed to happen. Last year, I was so pleased to find an airline that was providing discounted opportunities for flying, but now I see that the way they save their dollars is through incompetent customer service. I'm so disappointed.

You ready to hear this unbelievable tale of a horrible flight experience? Well, here ya go. My two younger sisters and I (I'm 21) were flying out to San Antonio, Texas to see our grandparents. My grandpa bought the tickets, and I was really excited to see him. Okay, day of our flight, I'm telling everyone we have to leave early, by like, three hours (Our flight was at 1 pm, I wanted to leave at 10 am). They all didn't believe me when I said we had to leave early, so we didn't. This much responsibility I will take. It's not completely their fault.

We still get there with some time to spare, miraculously, and get through security no problem. We get to the gates, go find some seats, and wait for our flight to start boarding. Too much time passes and I start to get suspicious. Finally, a Hispanic (their ethnicity is important to the story) goes up and starts talking to the workers. I eavesdrop, and hear them get told they have missed their flight. Realizing it's the same flight, I freak out internally, ready to start bawling already. Now, the time, at this moment, was a few minutes after one. And the flight is gone. Not one the runway, and it's too late for you to board even though it's still here. Gone.

My sisters and I go up there, and are basically told that the flight took off early. Early! Planes almost never even take off on time, and ours took off early! We were told by the worker we were talking to that we should basically operate under the assumption that the plane was going to take off early. As for the Hispanic family, they were told by this particular worker that it was probably their fault that they missed the flight, as it was most likely a "Language barrier". This family was speaking English, by the way. This guy had no sympathy, which fine, it's not his fault we missed the flight, but still. Try and show a little compassion, huh? But no, it was very obvious he thought we were three dumb blondes who probably couldn't count to ten even if we worked together. And how about you dial back the racism, how about that?

All in all, about seven or eight people missed that flight (And no, it was not all from the Hispanic family). We were then told there were no available flights for two days. I called up my grandpa, crying and apologizing for wasting his money. He was able to get the ticket exchanged for one two days later. Same company, same flight times.

Two days later, we're back at the airport, way early, at our gate. The ticket reads, "Gate D4" We're sitting at Gate D4 with about an hour to spare before boarding even starts. Once again, time starts to creep up on us, in a sickeningly familiar way. Finally, my younger sister, with about five minutes left until the plane is supposed to start boarding, goes and reads one of the screens. She comes running back and informs us that our flight is at Gate D17. In disbelief, I check for myself. She speaks the truth. So, we run as fast as we can, and get there just as everyone is boarding. We almost missed our flight again, this time because our ticket had wrong information printed on it!

All in all, it was really horrible. The only reason I'm not giving them a one star is because the return flight wasn't nearly as horrifying, and because there was one nice worker who you could tell felt bad for us when we missed the flight and even remembered my sisters and I two days later, waving and saying he was happy we eventually made it.

So yeah, Frontier, thank that one worker (I can't remember his name, even though I looked at the time). He was taller than me (I'm about five foot three), with brown skin, (I won't make any assumptions on his ethnicity) black hair, and was very cute (Yes the dumb twenty-one year blonde did in fact notice that he was cute). Ask around, I'm sure he remembers us as the three sisters from Vegas who basically almost had breakdowns right there in the airport, and returned two days later. McCarran, by the way, in Las Vegas Nevada. Find him and give him a raise, because if I ever fly with you again, it will be because I'm hoping to run into the one nice worker I found among you.

We flew to Greensboro on Jan 3rd 2017. A direct nonstop flight. When we arrived about 3 hours late, was just happy to be out of the plane only to find out one of our bags didn't make it along with about 15 other passengers luggage. Filed for lost luggage, was notified the next day. They found it in Connecticut (Unsure how it got there on a nonstop flight). And it would take a couple of days to get the bag to me. I was leaving to return home on same day they thought it would arrive in Greensboro NC. So I told them just return it to my home. They did this at 11:30 pm knocking on the door and scaring my elderly mother to death (Not sure why they had to bring it in the middle of the night). Now as for my other piece of luggage that did make it to Greensboro the strap was ripped off and the carrying handle was torn off as well.

Now the fun begins as for contacting them about a refund on my checked bag that went on a private vacation without me. The fact that the bag lost had all our personal items to groom, wife's makeup, cell phone chargers - all the last minute stuff you pack after getting ready in the morning. So a emergency trip to the local Walmart and 200.00 later my wife would be ready for her job training the next morning.

After returning home and trying numerous times by phone, by email and by customer support contact web page, I still can't get a single person to call me or send me a email. I am so frustrated and I will never do business with their company again. They have the worst customer service and the fact that you can't get a bag on a direct nonstop flight. How is this worthless company still in business?

So if you are thinking of flying Frontier think twice. The three bags that was supposed to be checked and flown to NC cost about 35.00 less than the 215.00 ticket to get me there. So as for cheap flights as long as you don't need anything more than what you are wearing and you can get through TSA then you might save some money.

On return flight from Las Vegas to Pittsburgh PA. Paid for bundle and had check in bag that was over limit by a few lbs. Was asked to remove items to carry on. I had one Christmas present that was more than enough weight to lower and make it easy. The present was wrapped and was a molded tool case with a selection of hand tools. At TSA I was told had some drill bits that were contraband and I went back to check in and ask to now check my small bag or put tool case into first bag. No problem, just PAY additional $45 charge. Not happy.

I ask several times to speak with supervisor which was met with 2 young girls, very condescending and when I was given the phone because the girl was too busy to come to the counter I was read the same script. Rule says, "pay additional $45" even though I paid for 2 pieces of luggage already. I told supervisor this was BS and hung up. Now 2 girls called her again to take this even further and no because I was rude to their co-worker they wanted to have me escorted by security out of the airport and ban me from flying! All counter people are third party vendors and not Frontier employees. There is no one to complain to or recourse.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?

Horrible cust service. Paid extra for more leg room only to have someone sit next to me who obviously needed more than one seat. Boarding and unboarding was so confusing I'd hate to have an emergency with this airline. I'll never fly Frontier again, the minor savings is not worth my safety and comfort.

This is the worst airline I have ever encountered. Had to emergency land in CLT due to "smoke in cockpit". Was promised reimbursement of up to $600 for ticket ($565). I had to purchase to get to PHL. Still fighting for my money. Only flew them three times and all 3 times there is a major problem. Do not Fly this unsafe airline. Customer service is a joke.

I am flying out of Columbus Ohio today. I am a very experienced flyer and typically time my arrival at the airport to wait as little as possible. My flight today departed at 7:30 am. I arrive at the ticket counter at about 6:40 am. I have to wait while two employees help a customer, and then briefly talk between themselves. When I finally get to the desk I am told I am past cutoff by three minutes and cannot fly even though I was there before their 45 minute cutoff, but had to wait. Then I'm told I can fly out of Cleveland later today but I have to go online myself to make the changes. They can't make those changes at the ticket counter. At the TICKET COUNTER.

Their mobile site wouldn't allow me to make changes to my outbound flight so I called them. The lady puts me on hold because she needs to consult someone else about changing my flight because I was marked as a "no show". What?! While I was on hold for close to five minutes, my brother in law called to tell me he got me on a United flight instead. Thank goodness! Frontier is horrible. I have to use them for my return flight on Monday...Hopefully it goes smoother! I will never book Frontier again!

I have flown with plenty of airlines and they all have some flaws but Frontier is the absolute worst. They're always delayed, half the time the seats aren't comfortable nor do they move, lean back. I didn't have a tray to put my drink or food on. I booked my ticket 2 weeks in advance, paid 300$ for the ticket. I figured the seats wouldn't be so bad but of course if you don't pay extra money you get straight **. I will NEVER, EVER fly frontier again. Customer service is horrible and so are the accommodations you get. You suck frontier!!! Worst airline ever. Now I've been sitting here for over an hour since we have landed and we still can't get off the plane.

We were at airport from 9:30 am to 3:30 am. On plane for almost an hour, delayed flight then cancelled. No one spoke to passengers. Only when we were told to get off plane for about another hour or so with time taken off work and prepaid tickets to event in Philadelphia which we lost out on $150.00. No compensation at all, no food voucher, nothing at all but attitudes from Frontier workers. Hurt, disappointed. Can't believe this was okay for Frontier to do to passengers with family waiting in Philly. So sad that frontier does not value customers!!!

On 12/29/16 (flight 1335) my family and I flew from PBI to ORD. The Frontier check-in attendant, JC, hastily handed me all my family's credentials and dropped my husband's driver's license under the luggage scale. He was wearing very long fake fingernails and fumbled our paperwork several times before losing the license. JC advised us that this wasn't a scale that could be lifted and underneath it was a "driver's license graveyard!" He then advised that we should hurry to TSA because the flight was leaving early. He did not seem to care at all and it was very disappointing.

A TSA agent, Joe ** (not sure of spelling), walked us back to the counter to see if he could help retrieve the license. He, too, was put off by the Frontier Agent's (JC) attitude. Joe assured us that we would not miss our flight and called the gate, then personally escorted us through security and to the gate. Joe advised us that we would have the same hassles on our return flight and told us to be sure to get to the airport extra early for additional screening again. Before our flight departed, Joe handed me a paper with the Frontier agent's name (JC), as well as his own name. Kudos to TSA agent Joe!!! When we boarded the plane, AJ, shook his head and verbally "ticked" us... adding insult to injury. I might note that, sadly, AJ never apologized.

I am very sure that AJ did not display the type of customer service that Frontier wants to portray. Unfortunately, sometimes one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch. Needless to say, it was humiliating for me and my children to watch my husband get pulled aside, questioned, and frisked in public like a suspected criminal. Now that we are home, my husband has to go through the hassle of getting and paying for a new driver's license. I have family in Trenton, NJ. I was looking forward to making Frontier my new "go to" airline. Now I am not so sure.

First flight to Trenton, delayed due to needed an emergency board replaced. Shuffling baggage from one to another bag...has to be exact 50 LBS. Flight from Punta Gorda (three prior flights CANCELLED). New flight delayed over 4 hours due to something leaking out of the plane. FOOD waffle DISGUSTING.

Like most people, I don't appreciate having to pay $40 each way for a single carry-on bag. While I initially thought I had found a good deal, that bumped the price way above the competitor airlines. Also, if you make any seat selection at all, you have to lay extra (even a middle seat). If you've come to expect a complimentary drink...that's not going to happen on a Frontier flight either. Beyond that, the seats were uncomfortable, even by airline standards. I left late on the first flight and arrived late on the second. I genuinely can't think of a single nice thing to say about the experience. I did try calling when I has baggage issues and was put on hold for 25 minutes before I gave up.

Absolutely the worst most unprofessional service. I had a flight going from Orlando to Philly. I was not charged a baggage fee. However after already running late because of rental car company not having a shuttle driver available for 20 min. I have the check in lady tell me my bag is not paid for and proceeded to close the gate door and tells me now you missed your flight. Tells me the next flight is full and the next flight available is tomorrow at 5pm!!! So I call customer service to complain. I'm on hold for 10 to be given the runaround and asks if there's any else she can do. I tell her, "Get me on a flight to Orlando." She responded with, "Ok, thank you, sir. Have a great day." ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! I WILL NEVER FLY FRONTIER AGAIN!!

I have a vacation planned to Las Vegas on Jan. 8. Two relatives from our party contracted the flu. I called Frontier to substitute the passengers and I was told by their customer service rep that the substitutions were going to cost me approximately $550, the difference in airfare at Jan. 6 rate (I booked the vacation in Nov. 2016.) plus the substitution fee of $75 per person. I asked to speak to a supervisor, Sheila. (It turns out that when you call the Utah phone number, you are connected to the Philippines.)

The initial cost of my short Vegas trip was $156 per person (4 in our party) for a total of $624. Sheila agreed to only waive the $75 x 2 fee. After telling her several times that she and was ripping me off, she agreed to charge me $400 for all the changes. I received the confirmation from Frontier which listed several trumped up charges for the sum of $768. Wow! She was able to write off $368. I guess I got off easy, because I could have paid $1392 instead of $1024 for the short Vegas getaway. I WILL NEVER PATRONIZE FRONTIER AIRLINES AGAIN.

When you go to online check in, you will be charged for seat selections, 16-24 per seat and 40 per carry on. So for me, cost me another 250 bucks when I checked in online. Feel scammed as this did not factor in when I was checking airline prices through Expedia.

In short: what was 'supposed' to be a $100 flight quickly turned into a $460 flight WITHOUT US KNOWING. DO NOT. I didn't listen to the reviews and booked a flight from Orlando to San Francisco. I was checking my flights the week before and realized that Frontier somehow managed to book the wrong date. Maybe that was my fault for not paying close enough attention to their extremely poorly designed site (dark UI central), but when we called to switch the flight to the correct date, we were charged in full for a new flight, even after purchasing travel insurance. Here's where it gets good... The customer service agent failed to tell us about the NONREFUNDABLE new flight, along with the $100 extra charge for the switch. Never ever use Frontier. I'd rather walk to San Francisco dragging my 50 lb. suitcase than give this airline my money. And I haven't even been on my flight yet.

I had to fly home from FL to NJ on a emergency. Never before by myself. Large leather seats. Comfortable ride. The best part was landing in Wilmington, DE for someone to pick me up. They no longer fly out of DE. Hate to fly out of Philadelphia.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Frontier gets 1 star for delaying my flight twice after we arrived at airport. Flight was from Raleigh to Orlando for $90. No text message or phone call or update about delay with no storm or anything - just "maintenance". Pilot probably got drunk. Heck the owner probably got drunk and just hit a delay button. After reading all these reviews, a squirrel could do a better job running this business.

I will note: Customer service at gate was polite and gave voucher for meal missed, $10. When flight got delayed another two hours into the evening, I asked for dinner meal voucher. "Supervisor" has yet to return with an answer after 30 minutes of wait time. I personally think they should refund me the entire flight. Take a loss each time you don't show up when you're supposed to when not due to natural disaster. *Message to owner: sell me the company for $50 (a standby price) because that is all your worth - a standby ticket.

Do not fly Frontier. That simple. It may look like you get a low-cost fare, but by the time you get to your destination, you will have been fleeced by Frontier Air's deceptive policies. You get ZERO free bags, and each bag is $60. There are no free seats! That is right, you would "think" that if you bought a ticket, that would include a seat, but NO. In addition to your fare, you have to PAY EXTRA for a seat. Every seat cost more. If you need a drink of water on the trip, get out your wallet and PAY for water. Of course if you would like a bag of chips to go with your $5 water, (you get a total of three chips in the bag) that will cost you $5.

On my last trip to Denver, my outbound flight was 1-hour late. On my return flight, I had to wait in line for 45 minutes just to check my bag, then my flight was almost 2-hours late. PLEASE send a message to Frontier that ripping-off the public with deceptive fare practices is not going to work. Pay an extra $10 for another airline and you get to take your dignity along for free...

My flight to Bismarck ND on Christmas to see my family was cancelled. Not a big deal. Weather happens. Not sure why they didn't cancel flights earlier in the day, like United did, as spending 4 hours at the airport on Christmas isn't my idea of a jolly holiday, but I'm not unreasonable. Ten minutes before boarding I'm informed my flight is cancelled. 5 minutes later while in line to see when I could fly out next, I get the email. I can't leave for two days and they will not move my return flight without additional cost. So I figure, just get the refund. Two days just doesn't seem worth my $330. I'm told I'll be refund my ticket cost within 7-10 days. Ok, no big, just some time spent with other discouraged families that don't get to reach their destination either.

Now, after forty minutes of being on hold, I'm told they are refunding only $82. That won't do. Bringing up the point that they in no way can charge me for a flight I was never able to get to because they NEVER FLEW ME THERE, I'm asked to hold again. Another 20 minutes on hold before the very nice, outsourced customer service representative comes back to inform me that I will receive a full discount... in another 7-10 business days. In total I wasted around six hours of my life to never go home for Christmas, get upset with someone just doing their job, and fight with a company to get the privilege of waiting 20 business days to be refunded a service they NEVER provided me. That's quality.

I attempted to fly on Frontier from Atlanta to Orlando just before Christmas. Frontier cancelled the flight, allegedly due to weather, two days before the flight date. They never texted, emailed, or called me to tell me that. In fact, the morning of the flight I was able to check in online to a flight that by then didn't even exist. Upon arrival at the gate, the gate agent laughed at me and then threatened to leave me standing there with no effort to help find another flight. I ended up buying the last ticket on the last flight out for the night on Delta. Frontier has permanently lost my business, and I can't warn prospective customers enough --boycott Frontier. They need to be out of business.

My first time flying with Frontier Airlines and I will never, ever fly with them again. Frontier Airlines especially in Denver Colorado has the worst customer service representatives and representation I've ever experienced in my life. Even the supervisor Aida is unprofessional. Customer service reps in Denver Colorado are very rude, not friendly, and disrespectful. Customer service rep snatched my ticket for boarding and told me I was going to miss my flight and made sure I did as she gave my seat to a standby passenger.

Let me tell you a story about my fiance and mine's experience with Frontier airlines. First let me explain that my fiance is an active duty marine and he received leave for Xmas. He was flying from LAX to DIA to come home. His flight was delayed 9 and half hours for him to even come home. All other Denver bound flights from LAX were leaving at the correct times. A flight that was supposed to land at 2230 Saturday 12/17/16 instead landed at 0830 Sunday 12/18/16. But wait it gets better. Today (01/02/2017) my fiance flew back to base. The ticket counter reps supposed to be helping the lines move faster were rude and very nasty with us and other customers around us. However the cherry on top is that his one checked bag was lost. I have now been on hold for 3 hours trying to find where my fiance's bag is. I have not gotten to speak to a single person but I am absolutely disgusted at how Frontier treats its "guests".

My family flew Frontier from Orlando to Denver on December 18, 2016. I am wheelchair bound and need an aisle chair to board the plane. When we arrived at the gate there was a long line due to the flight to Colorado Springs being cancelled. Our flight started boarding and I still didn't get any help from the counter. My husband finally carried me aboard. Our flight sat on the runway in Orlando for over an hour while the airline waited for additional passengers??? Finally we flew 3.5 hours to Denver only to be told we had to wait on the runway. We waited over 3 hours. After nearly 9 hours with no way to use the restroom I developed dysreflexia a deadly condition that quads get. My family alerted the steward and a nurse took my bp which was dangerously high. My husband threatened to call 911. Finally the emergency prompted the airline to move a plane so I could get medical help. The emt's arrived and had to carry me off the plane.

This is the night the baggage handlers walked off the job. My daughter found our bags among the thousands of bags left in the terminal after several hours of waiting. Coming home on December 23 our flight was delayed 4 hours after we boarded. They were waiting on a pilot to show up. I won't ever fly Frontier again in spite of the vouchers our family was given. This is the night the baggage handlers walked off the job. My daughter finally spotted our bags amongst the 1000's in the terminal.

I will never fly Frontier Airline again. Worst airline ever. The fees they charge are horrible, they are ripping people. The flight cost is not much but by the time you pay all their fees you should just fly a better airline like Delta or Southwest. Frontier Airlines you suck and I hope you slowly continue to lose business. You're a rip off. They don't even offer complimentary drinks!!!

I was scheduled to fly from Charlotte, NC to Denver, CO on Flight F9200 at 6:45 a.m. in December 19th. I was heading home after a 10 day stay in South Carolina. I received an alert at 3:00 a.m. on the morning of the flight. I was instructed to contact their Customer Service to rebook my cancelled flight. I called immediately and sat on hold for one hour and forty-five minutes waiting to Customer Service. I had noticed that there was one open seat for the next morning's flight, but according to their customer service alert I was to contact Customer Service to reschedule. So, when I finally got to talk to a customer service representative, I was told repeatedly that the next seat available would be on Christmas Eve. After I requested to speak to a manager I was told the same script.

My sister was also checking online for other flights for me to go home and discovered that not only my flight was cancelled but over 200 flights had been cancelled which would put my chances of getting home Christmas Eve at slim to none. After a useless customer service experience. They said they will only reimburse me for the flight segment and that they do not work with any other airlines. So, basically I was out of luck. The rep acted so nonchalant, like it was a typical cancellation. I booked another flight on United Airlines and paid $261.25 for a one-way ticket home the next day plus $25.00 for a checkin bag. The total cost of the one-way flight home on Frontier was $83.60 plus $30.00 for a check in bag which Frontier reimbursed me. So, Frontier Airlines left me paying an extra amount of $177.65 for my flight back home, because they screwed up.

Do NOT fly this airline. We were at the self check-in for our flight to San Francisco. An agent of Frontier Airlines came up to us and told us two of our bags were oversized. We asked which ones as all of our family had the same size luggage designed to take as a carry-on. The agent went to the screen and then pressed (without our consent - which is illegal) a charge for two additional bags and hit enter. When we protested he just walked away. It reminds me of Wells Fargo - where agents of the company do illegal things to consumers for a payback. They will have a class action lawsuit on their hands if they continue to do these illegal things.

I was leaving from Las Vegas to Atlanta. Sat there for 4 hours didn't even know the flight was cancel. Everyone final found out because once another passenger stated, "Did you all know the flights cancel?" We all went to find out what was going on. They stated that it was unsafe due to weather. However other companies like Southwest could fly just not Frontier. They stated that their next flight out was 4 days later. I would never and I do not recommend anyone flying with them. By the way they give partial refund and they keep paid luggage money.

I used to love this airline but on a recent flight with my family from Denver to Dallas the airlines somehow 'lost my wife's and children's luggage'. Multiple attempts to retrieve or even locate the baggage have been thus far unsuccessful! If you have a choice whatsoever, DO NOT FLY FRONTIER!!! Ever!!! They need to go out of business. They don't care about the customer at all! Businesses like this one need to be held accountable for their behaviors.

Expert Review

Erika ArmstrongAirlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.    More about Erika→

Founded in 1994, Frontier Airlines now launches more than 375 flights each day to destinations throughout the U.S., Mexico and Jamaica. Today, this relatively new airline employs more than 3,000 aviation professionals.

• Get the works: Frontier Airlines offers a package price that includes services such as refund-ability, free change service, priority boarding, extra carry-on and checked bag allowance and more.
  • Exclusive discounts on fares: Travelers who join the Frontier Airlines Discount Den get access to low-rate fares only available to members. Members can book flights for up to six people on the same subscription.
  • Manage flights online: Through the Frontier website, travelers can check in, book flights, make changes and check on the status of their flights.
  • Economy-plus options: Get the same low fares on economy-class seating but nab an extra 5 to 7 inches of legroom with stretch-seat options. A small additional fee gives passengers that little bit of extra space.
  • Choose your seat: Many airlines have moved away from assigned seating, but on Frontier passengers can select a seat that lets groups stay together in the air.
  • Best for Vacationers, holiday travelers and frequent fliers who want extra room and more control over their experience.

Compare Airlines