Frontier Airlines

Compare Airlines

Research top Airlines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Frontier is by far the worst airline and among the worst companies that I ever dealt with. I purchased a ticket from Miami to NY lured by their low prices, which after all their fees turned out to be the same as the reputable airlines. That aside, upon my arrival to the airport on my return flight, they announced the flight was cancelled. The only solution was to book me on the next available flight ONE WEEK later (Christmas day). I ended up having to buy a new same-day, one-way ticket with another airline for $540 so I can get back on time, since they don't contract with other airlines to remediate customers when flights are cancelled. Upon my request, the Frontier ticket agent offered me a refund for the entire cost of the Frontier flight and the $40 bag check.

A month later I called customer service because they only refunded partial cost of the flight ($74). They refused to honor the refund, even though I have a refund receipt. When asked to speak to a manager, she was equally rude and when asked to speak to her manager, she left me hanging on the phone without speaking or ending the call. PLEASE don't be fooled by their marketing schemes and go for the reputable airline instead. This turned out to be a very expensive flight because of their poor business practices and disregard for their customers. They should not conduct business.

From the moment I contacted Frontier with a problem with my reservation, I felt like I was dealing with a flea market and the whole idea was to get more money from me. When it was all said and done, a small modification ending up costing me a whopping $180 more than the original tickets. I have never flown Frontier before and will NEVER do it again. I travel frequently and use Alaska most of the time. To those that say there isn't much difference in airlines, think again.

I found myself repeating the same info over and over again to different employees while trying to locate my lost luggage. They're playing games. I gave both home and cell numbers and they sent an email saying they didn't have a phone number. As far as l'm concerned my meds, address book and laptop power supply are gone. Live and learn. I shouldn't have put those in checked bag. I won't be flying Frontier again either. If they call me I'll say keep the bag and have a nice life. They're flat out lying about not having my contact info.

I was flying alone on Nov 20, 2016 from Las Vegas to Milwaukee. I was sitting about 4 rows back by the window. After the flight landed and the attendant informed us we can unbuckle our seat belts and gather our things I grabbed my purse and belongings. I politely asked the couple "excuse me" and the guy stood up but the woman asked me, "Where do you think you're going". I responded "I do not have any luggage so I want to get off before it get too packed". She replied while shoving me into the window "You are not going anywhere. Sit down". I pushed her hand from my stomach and she begin reaching with her opposite hand to hit me, I grabbed her arms and restrained her from hitting me while yelling for help because I felt her and her husband was attempting to kidnap me considering I was alone (5ft 120lbs) and she refused me to leave physically and verbally.

The attendant never came to see what happened or to separate us. I was stuck scared for my life in a little corner where the lady continued to refuse me to leave for approximately 20 mins until the police came. Once the police came I ran to safety without any sympathy or reassurance from any worker on that airplane. I was afraid for my life and no one helped. If you are okay with spending your money with a company that do not value their customers' safety then fly Frontier! If you want to make it to your destination comfortable and safe I advise you spend a few extra dollars and fly with a company that care about the safety of their customers!

Our experience flying with Frontier was horrible! They messed our bags up coming back on a return flight. It took us over a half hour to find someone to help us file a claim for our lost baggage. Miami we had to stand in line over 100 people to check our bags. Only one worker with Frontier and they were rude when we got up there. Called customer service today for a refund for luggage and a girl that says she normally doesn't even work in that department said they were not responsible! I am upset and will tell others NEVER to fly Frontier! Cheap flights but not worth it! HORRIBLE customer service!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Airlines?

My experience with Frontier has been by far the worst experience. I'm not familiar with Vegas airport. I arrived to check in for my flight an hour early, 5 am, only to find out I had to take a shuttle over to Frontier. There were no signs pointing out their location so by the time I figured it out I had 30 min to get to the door. The lady at the desk wouldn't even listen to me. She said "It's too late. Door closed." Absolutely not. I had to pay a extra 375.00 to re-book a flight for my daughter and I. Next flight left at 6 pm arrival to SLC 10:50 pm. Flight was delayed. Didn't get home till 1 am. Do you think they paid for their delay? Customer service horrible, very disrespectful. Instead of trying to diffuse the situation and show sympathy she was rude. I'll never use this airline again!!

This is by far the worst airline I have ever experience and I have flown many cheap airlines like Air Asia. I tried to change my flight to the next day and they charged me an extra $300. Not only did they direct me to an online website in which I had to pay more money to change the flight but my full round trip flights that were scheduled were erased and I could not get back to Denver. They basically accused me of messing up myself, offered zero service, help or customer service, and then left us stranded at the airport with no care. I will never fly Frontier again as they offer not only the worst customer service of any airline but any company I have ever dealt with. This is the epitome of a terrible experience.

My Husband and I departed Denver Colorado on January 21, 2017 around 12:30 am. Our flight was originally suppose to take off at 11:55 am but was delayed about 1/2 hour (not a big deal). When we boarded the flight, I found the flight attendants very rude. You can tell they don't like to answer any questions a passenger may have. I asked one of them something simple like "is this flight booked" and she just looked at me like I was stupid or had 3 heads! Shortly into the flight there was a tremendous amount of turbulence. Again, very normal for a flight. It continued throughout the flight. And the trip from Colorado to Orlando is not a short plane ride. So for someone who already is apprehensive when it comes to flying, all the turbulence did not make it easy. You can hear everyone talking and how scared they were.

On the flight going to Colorado from OIA, whenever the pilot was experiencing some turbulence and it continued, he would come onto the speaker and explain what was going on. Again, something absolutely necessary when you're transporting almost 180 passengers. Sometimes that's all the passengers need to hear to be made calm. However the pilot that was returning us to OIA did not do that at all. Matter of fact, he never came on the speakers at all. Neither did the flight attendants for the duration of the flight until the very end To announce there was turbulence. Um... by that time it was very obvious. There was at least 3 passengers who hit the button for the attendants' attention because they needed help. They were getting so sick & when she came she said there's nothing she can do & she wasn't even supposed to be up. There was one lady who had a panic/asthma attack, and a couple other passengers who were throwing up.

It would have been nice to have the pilot come on and let us know what was happening. At one time, Red cabin lights came on and was extremely alarming because nobody knew what it meant. There was one lady (poor thing) that called for one of the flight attendants and asked for some water because she was sick and they told her no because it was not an emergency. But about 1/2 hour into take-off, that same flight attendant who told the lady "NO" they getting some water, promised a 21 year old and was joking and telling her if she answered a flight "test" questions right, she will give her a free alcoholic beverage since she just turned 21. That flight attendant did not even cover the area towards the back where this girl was sitting with beverages but made a special trip to bring this 21 year old a drink & couldn't even take care of the sick passenger when she asked for water?? That is not ok.

She went out of her way for one passengers but for the passenger who really needed assistance she did not. It would have really calmed my nerves had the pilot spoken to his passengers on the intercom or at least if one of the flight attendants would have said why the airplane felt like we were in the world most craziest roller coaster. No reason in the world nobody could not have done that. Pilots should be seasoned for this kind of communication. I will never fly Frontier because I can never chance being on board one of their flights again and have the same repeat disaster. It was one of the scariest times in my life!

Pay for each bag, carry on is $45. I scammed them on the return trip and did not pay for my carry on! Awful uncomfortable seats, feels like you're suffocating in there. Dying of thirst, be prepared to pay $3.99 for a tiny cup of generic water they pour out of a bottle. I'd walk on my tongue through the desert before buying water from them. The whole experience was awful. I could have flown SouthWest for way less after all Frontier's scamming fees. Save yourself the hassle and book with a reputable airline! Never will I fly Frontier again. The plane also felt so unsafe!

I have flown many times, this being the first time with Frontier. I went on a short trip to Tampa from Chicago for a business meeting and for my grandfather's 75th birthday. On this weekend trip the airlines lost my bag, gave me phone numbers to contact people that did not work, gave me three different emails to send my information, too, about how I would be reimbursed for the clothes that I had to buy for the weekend, and when I got my bag back after returning to Chicago my straps on my bag were all broken.

It has been a week now since my trip and I have yet to get in touch with someone that is able to tell me any information on when I will be reimbursed. I had to charge this to my credit card which will soon begin to have late fees for not paying this off. Each time I call Chicago to get this resolved they tell me it's not their problem, it's Tampa. I call Tampa and they tell me since I flew from Chicago I need to contact Chicago. With being given three different emails I do not know who will get around to this. I have asked that they at least reply to the email and let me know when this will be resolved. Besides the flight, this has been a terrible experience for me and I would like to just get in touch with someone and get this resolved, which at this point seems impossible.

Was at the airport 13 hours today. 5 delays for Frontier Airlines flight from Tampa to Las Vegas. I get that delays happen but they totally lied to our faces. They told us there was a replacement aircraft coming into Tampa to take us to our destination. It did not arrive. No explanation. When the second gate crew shift came on duty, I asked where is the replacement aircraft to take us to Las Vegas? She said there never was one. I will never fly Frontier Airlines ever again. So many unhappy passengers. I rebooked for tomorrow, but on a different airline.

My parents were at the airport for their trip to Mexico. The flight was supposed to leave at 6:45am according to their original confirmation, as well as the phone reminder my mom had received the morning of. They stepped up to the counter at 5:50am and the attendant claimed that you are required to be checked in at least 45 minutes before your flight and they had missed it. My mom replied back that the flight does not leave until 6:45 and that is more than 45 minutes. The attendant goes on to tell her that the flight is actually leaving at 6:25 am. The confirmation that my parents had received had the wrong flight times, flights numbers, everything. She said to call a number that she provided and they would change their tickets. After calling and paying $200 in change fees, they are not able to get out more than 2 days later. Leave it to Frontier to ruin vacations! We will never be using them again.

My wife and I fly 1-2 times a year. The last 3 times we have flown Frontier, round trip from Cleveland to Orlando, have been good. All 3 round trip flights were either early or on time. Crew was courteous and helpful. I will say the seats are not comfortable on planes, and if I was flying on a much longer flight, I would be on a higher priced airline. We were skeptical of flying on a budget priced airline because of past experiences. But we are, overall, happy with our experience with Frontier.

I arrived at the airport at 7:01 am for my 7:30 am flight. I already checked in and had boarding pass. Arrived at gate at 7:15. Plane in place, walkway connected. Was told by clerk that I was not permitted to board because I didn't arrive 45 mins prior to flight. They were happy to charge me $99 rebooking fee, which I did. I called their customer service line and asked what their travel policies and again was told that passengers have to arrive 45 min prior to flight or they are not permitted to board. My ticket mentions nothing about not being able to board. This is how they can offer cheap flights, a good portion of the passengers are not permitted to board. They pay the $99 rebooking fee (if rebooked flight cost more you have to pay the difference plus $99).

Be careful to measure and weigh your bags because if they are over the limits you will pay $75 fee. So by the time you are done you have paid much more than what you would have paid with a reputable airline, that actually has customer service and free inflight services. It's basically extorting money from passengers. My guess is most people flying with them are booking are on a budget. If they can't afford the rebooking fee they lose the whole value of their team ticket Or they are charged a cancellation fee. When I purchased the ticket the individual option for purchasing insurance was grayed out unless I purchased the whole package of insurance. They are basically ensuring the inflow of fees by not making the travel insurance an option. Absolutely unreal and in your face robbery. I can't even believe they are permitted to operate in this fashion.

I purchased one way ticket from Frontier Airlines almost 10 days before the flight. The ticket was for my mother who wanted to go and visit family and friends in San Francisco, CA & leaving from O'Hare Chicago. The flight was for December 22 2016. Three days before Christmas. The day of the flight I receive an email. Says the flight was cancelled and that I needed to call back their customer service. I called on my lunch time at work. I was on hold for 45 minutes - no joke no exaggeration - just to be told that the next available flight will be December 26 and I was upset because this was suppose to be my MOM's gift for Christmas and thanks to Frontier for ruining it.

Now same day I made couple of phone calls to them after I left work. Two agents assured me that I could buy any ticket anywhere else and I will be awarded up to $400 plus the refund to my initial reservation in the amount of $203 so I reserved a ticket for $415 with United Airlines for next day and when I called back they said we will only refund you the $203. Jesus...two of their agents confirmed to me that as a courtesy from the airline they will be paying my mom's ticket up to $400 and refund the $203. They simply lied.

Here is a brief of my experience with the airline. Bad customer service. Long hold over the phone. Flight cancellation due to overbooking. Different answer every phone call. No policy or procedures to be followed. Lying to customer. Setting their customer to failure especially during Christmas time. I will never be considering this airline for any future flights even if they are the only flight left on earth and I had to drive from state to state. Also this will be the most SCAMMING airline system I have ever seen in my life. Not sure what the ** government agency doing about it.

You get what you pay for. No Wi-Fi on the plane. It seems as if my seat didn't recline, however, all of the employees were excellent. One stewardess, Katie was fantastic on my flight from Chicago to San Fran. We were delayed 3 hours due to a mechanical issue and we got on a new plane. After landing I go to check my email and Frontier gives me a 50 dollar voucher for the inconvenience of the delay. Great recovery. :)

I flew into Vegas from Milwaukee for a birthday party. I had a five hour layover in Denver. Started to head out. Had to turn around cause there was something wrong with the air conditioning system so that took an addition 1:30min... I get to Vegas and I had NO LUGGAGE!!! I was told that my luggage "missed the flight". I didn't understand how/why didn't my luggage travel with me. So I'm extremely pissed cause EVERYTHING I needed in Vegas was in that luggage. They called me the next day to tell me my luggage was there at 8:30am. I asked them to deliver it to me. They said they could but it wouldn't be until 1 or 2 o'clock which I refused to wait that long so I told her I'll be there to get it.

After catching an Uber to get my luggage, I get there and she says she sent it out for delivery. I'm even more pissed at this point. But anyways she said she could have the guy to bring it back but it'll be an hour before he could. Didn't give me NOTHING for the inconvenience... Offered me $50 a day that I had to spend out of my own money (but after proving the purchases they'll send you a check in the mail) so if your money in your luggage I feel really bad for you cause there's nothing they would do. Wouldn't refund me for the Uber ride I had to take to get to the airport... Seriously in just two days with dealing with them and my first flight EVER riding with them I could write a book about why you SHOULDN'T waste your time and most importantly your MONEY with them. THE WORST EVER!!!

I booked a flight with Frontier in January 2016. The following day, I called to cancel the flight because of a scheduling conflict. That call was not recorded, though I have phone records indicating that I indeed phoned Frontier Airlines and spoke with an agent for several minutes. In that conversation, I was told my flight could not be cancelled. A week later, after reading all of the website information, I phoned again to press for a refund. At that time, I was told that "had I called within 24 hours", I could have received a refund, but that this was not the case a week later. So, I explained that I HAD called, was put through to a supervisor, and explained what had transpired. The resolution was that I received a credit instead of refund, which I was happy to take as flying Frontier Airlines again in the future was not undesirable. I was informed of no expiration date for these miles in that phone call.

I booked a rescheduled flight using a portion of the credit shell. Two emails were sent to me. The first told me I'd received the credit, and it indicated that I needed to use the credit within 90 days. The second one, which arrive an hour later, was the confirmation I received for this flight, and the expiration date read 12/99, which I read to mean indefinitely available. Why wouldn't it be? When I went to book a flight this weekend, I could not find my credits. When I phoned, I was told by Chris, department sales supervisor **, that the credit had expired and that "we can't" reissue it. His argument was that I was expected, as the customer, to know that 12/99 could not possibly be correct, and that I should have tracked my credit more carefully. So frustrating!

I'll never book with Frontier again because the errors made by two phone representatives (the first who did not record my call or provide accurate information about refunds; the second who did not in the discussion about providing a credit instead of a refund, inform me of an expiration date) led to me wasting hundreds of dollars, never mind the amount of time I spent trying to figure out what was supposed to happen. Last year, I was so pleased to find an airline that was providing discounted opportunities for flying, but now I see that the way they save their dollars is through incompetent customer service. I'm so disappointed.

You ready to hear this unbelievable tale of a horrible flight experience? Well, here ya go. My two younger sisters and I (I'm 21) were flying out to San Antonio, Texas to see our grandparents. My grandpa bought the tickets, and I was really excited to see him. Okay, day of our flight, I'm telling everyone we have to leave early, by like, three hours (Our flight was at 1 pm, I wanted to leave at 10 am). They all didn't believe me when I said we had to leave early, so we didn't. This much responsibility I will take. It's not completely their fault.

We still get there with some time to spare, miraculously, and get through security no problem. We get to the gates, go find some seats, and wait for our flight to start boarding. Too much time passes and I start to get suspicious. Finally, a Hispanic (their ethnicity is important to the story) goes up and starts talking to the workers. I eavesdrop, and hear them get told they have missed their flight. Realizing it's the same flight, I freak out internally, ready to start bawling already. Now, the time, at this moment, was a few minutes after one. And the flight is gone. Not one the runway, and it's too late for you to board even though it's still here. Gone.

My sisters and I go up there, and are basically told that the flight took off early. Early! Planes almost never even take off on time, and ours took off early! We were told by the worker we were talking to that we should basically operate under the assumption that the plane was going to take off early. As for the Hispanic family, they were told by this particular worker that it was probably their fault that they missed the flight, as it was most likely a "Language barrier". This family was speaking English, by the way. This guy had no sympathy, which fine, it's not his fault we missed the flight, but still. Try and show a little compassion, huh? But no, it was very obvious he thought we were three dumb blondes who probably couldn't count to ten even if we worked together. And how about you dial back the racism, how about that?

All in all, about seven or eight people missed that flight (And no, it was not all from the Hispanic family). We were then told there were no available flights for two days. I called up my grandpa, crying and apologizing for wasting his money. He was able to get the ticket exchanged for one two days later. Same company, same flight times.

Two days later, we're back at the airport, way early, at our gate. The ticket reads, "Gate D4" We're sitting at Gate D4 with about an hour to spare before boarding even starts. Once again, time starts to creep up on us, in a sickeningly familiar way. Finally, my younger sister, with about five minutes left until the plane is supposed to start boarding, goes and reads one of the screens. She comes running back and informs us that our flight is at Gate D17. In disbelief, I check for myself. She speaks the truth. So, we run as fast as we can, and get there just as everyone is boarding. We almost missed our flight again, this time because our ticket had wrong information printed on it!

All in all, it was really horrible. The only reason I'm not giving them a one star is because the return flight wasn't nearly as horrifying, and because there was one nice worker who you could tell felt bad for us when we missed the flight and even remembered my sisters and I two days later, waving and saying he was happy we eventually made it.

So yeah, Frontier, thank that one worker (I can't remember his name, even though I looked at the time). He was taller than me (I'm about five foot three), with brown skin, (I won't make any assumptions on his ethnicity) black hair, and was very cute (Yes the dumb twenty-one year blonde did in fact notice that he was cute). Ask around, I'm sure he remembers us as the three sisters from Vegas who basically almost had breakdowns right there in the airport, and returned two days later. McCarran, by the way, in Las Vegas Nevada. Find him and give him a raise, because if I ever fly with you again, it will be because I'm hoping to run into the one nice worker I found among you.

We flew to Greensboro on Jan 3rd 2017. A direct nonstop flight. When we arrived about 3 hours late, was just happy to be out of the plane only to find out one of our bags didn't make it along with about 15 other passengers luggage. Filed for lost luggage, was notified the next day. They found it in Connecticut (Unsure how it got there on a nonstop flight). And it would take a couple of days to get the bag to me. I was leaving to return home on same day they thought it would arrive in Greensboro NC. So I told them just return it to my home. They did this at 11:30 pm knocking on the door and scaring my elderly mother to death (Not sure why they had to bring it in the middle of the night). Now as for my other piece of luggage that did make it to Greensboro the strap was ripped off and the carrying handle was torn off as well.

Now the fun begins as for contacting them about a refund on my checked bag that went on a private vacation without me. The fact that the bag lost had all our personal items to groom, wife's makeup, cell phone chargers - all the last minute stuff you pack after getting ready in the morning. So a emergency trip to the local Walmart and 200.00 later my wife would be ready for her job training the next morning.

After returning home and trying numerous times by phone, by email and by customer support contact web page, I still can't get a single person to call me or send me a email. I am so frustrated and I will never do business with their company again. They have the worst customer service and the fact that you can't get a bag on a direct nonstop flight. How is this worthless company still in business?

So if you are thinking of flying Frontier think twice. The three bags that was supposed to be checked and flown to NC cost about 35.00 less than the 215.00 ticket to get me there. So as for cheap flights as long as you don't need anything more than what you are wearing and you can get through TSA then you might save some money.

On return flight from Las Vegas to Pittsburgh PA. Paid for bundle and had check in bag that was over limit by a few lbs. Was asked to remove items to carry on. I had one Christmas present that was more than enough weight to lower and make it easy. The present was wrapped and was a molded tool case with a selection of hand tools. At TSA I was told had some drill bits that were contraband and I went back to check in and ask to now check my small bag or put tool case into first bag. No problem, just PAY additional $45 charge. Not happy.

I ask several times to speak with supervisor which was met with 2 young girls, very condescending and when I was given the phone because the girl was too busy to come to the counter I was read the same script. Rule says, "pay additional $45" even though I paid for 2 pieces of luggage already. I told supervisor this was BS and hung up. Now 2 girls called her again to take this even further and no because I was rude to their co-worker they wanted to have me escorted by security out of the airport and ban me from flying! All counter people are third party vendors and not Frontier employees. There is no one to complain to or recourse.

Horrible cust service. Paid extra for more leg room only to have someone sit next to me who obviously needed more than one seat. Boarding and unboarding was so confusing I'd hate to have an emergency with this airline. I'll never fly Frontier again, the minor savings is not worth my safety and comfort.

This is the worst airline I have ever encountered. Had to emergency land in CLT due to "smoke in cockpit". Was promised reimbursement of up to $600 for ticket ($565). I had to purchase to get to PHL. Still fighting for my money. Only flew them three times and all 3 times there is a major problem. Do not Fly this unsafe airline. Customer service is a joke.

I am flying out of Columbus Ohio today. I am a very experienced flyer and typically time my arrival at the airport to wait as little as possible. My flight today departed at 7:30 am. I arrive at the ticket counter at about 6:40 am. I have to wait while two employees help a customer, and then briefly talk between themselves. When I finally get to the desk I am told I am past cutoff by three minutes and cannot fly even though I was there before their 45 minute cutoff, but had to wait. Then I'm told I can fly out of Cleveland later today but I have to go online myself to make the changes. They can't make those changes at the ticket counter. At the TICKET COUNTER.

Their mobile site wouldn't allow me to make changes to my outbound flight so I called them. The lady puts me on hold because she needs to consult someone else about changing my flight because I was marked as a "no show". What?! While I was on hold for close to five minutes, my brother in law called to tell me he got me on a United flight instead. Thank goodness! Frontier is horrible. I have to use them for my return flight on Monday...Hopefully it goes smoother! I will never book Frontier again!

I have flown with plenty of airlines and they all have some flaws but Frontier is the absolute worst. They're always delayed, half the time the seats aren't comfortable nor do they move, lean back. I didn't have a tray to put my drink or food on. I booked my ticket 2 weeks in advance, paid 300$ for the ticket. I figured the seats wouldn't be so bad but of course if you don't pay extra money you get straight **. I will NEVER, EVER fly frontier again. Customer service is horrible and so are the accommodations you get. You suck frontier!!! Worst airline ever. Now I've been sitting here for over an hour since we have landed and we still can't get off the plane.

We were at airport from 9:30 am to 3:30 am. On plane for almost an hour, delayed flight then cancelled. No one spoke to passengers. Only when we were told to get off plane for about another hour or so with time taken off work and prepaid tickets to event in Philadelphia which we lost out on $150.00. No compensation at all, no food voucher, nothing at all but attitudes from Frontier workers. Hurt, disappointed. Can't believe this was okay for Frontier to do to passengers with family waiting in Philly. So sad that frontier does not value customers!!!

On 12/29/16 (flight 1335) my family and I flew from PBI to ORD. The Frontier check-in attendant, JC, hastily handed me all my family's credentials and dropped my husband's driver's license under the luggage scale. He was wearing very long fake fingernails and fumbled our paperwork several times before losing the license. JC advised us that this wasn't a scale that could be lifted and underneath it was a "driver's license graveyard!" He then advised that we should hurry to TSA because the flight was leaving early. He did not seem to care at all and it was very disappointing.

A TSA agent, Joe ** (not sure of spelling), walked us back to the counter to see if he could help retrieve the license. He, too, was put off by the Frontier Agent's (JC) attitude. Joe assured us that we would not miss our flight and called the gate, then personally escorted us through security and to the gate. Joe advised us that we would have the same hassles on our return flight and told us to be sure to get to the airport extra early for additional screening again. Before our flight departed, Joe handed me a paper with the Frontier agent's name (JC), as well as his own name. Kudos to TSA agent Joe!!! When we boarded the plane, AJ, shook his head and verbally "ticked" us... adding insult to injury. I might note that, sadly, AJ never apologized.

I am very sure that AJ did not display the type of customer service that Frontier wants to portray. Unfortunately, sometimes one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch. Needless to say, it was humiliating for me and my children to watch my husband get pulled aside, questioned, and frisked in public like a suspected criminal. Now that we are home, my husband has to go through the hassle of getting and paying for a new driver's license. I have family in Trenton, NJ. I was looking forward to making Frontier my new "go to" airline. Now I am not so sure.

First flight to Trenton, delayed due to needed an emergency board replaced. Shuffling baggage from one to another bag...has to be exact 50 LBS. Flight from Punta Gorda (three prior flights CANCELLED). New flight delayed over 4 hours due to something leaking out of the plane. FOOD waffle DISGUSTING.

Like most people, I don't appreciate having to pay $40 each way for a single carry-on bag. While I initially thought I had found a good deal, that bumped the price way above the competitor airlines. Also, if you make any seat selection at all, you have to lay extra (even a middle seat). If you've come to expect a complimentary drink...that's not going to happen on a Frontier flight either. Beyond that, the seats were uncomfortable, even by airline standards. I left late on the first flight and arrived late on the second. I genuinely can't think of a single nice thing to say about the experience. I did try calling when I has baggage issues and was put on hold for 25 minutes before I gave up.

Absolutely the worst most unprofessional service. I had a flight going from Orlando to Philly. I was not charged a baggage fee. However after already running late because of rental car company not having a shuttle driver available for 20 min. I have the check in lady tell me my bag is not paid for and proceeded to close the gate door and tells me now you missed your flight. Tells me the next flight is full and the next flight available is tomorrow at 5pm!!! So I call customer service to complain. I'm on hold for 10 to be given the runaround and asks if there's any else she can do. I tell her, "Get me on a flight to Orlando." She responded with, "Ok, thank you, sir. Have a great day." ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! I WILL NEVER FLY FRONTIER AGAIN!!

Expert Review

Erika ArmstrongAirlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.    More about Erika→

Founded in 1994, Frontier Airlines now launches more than 375 flights each day to destinations throughout the U.S., Mexico and Jamaica. Today, this relatively new airline employs more than 3,000 aviation professionals.

• Get the works: Frontier Airlines offers a package price that includes services such as refund-ability, free change service, priority boarding, extra carry-on and checked bag allowance and more.
  • Exclusive discounts on fares: Travelers who join the Frontier Airlines Discount Den get access to low-rate fares only available to members. Members can book flights for up to six people on the same subscription.
  • Manage flights online: Through the Frontier website, travelers can check in, book flights, make changes and check on the status of their flights.
  • Economy-plus options: Get the same low fares on economy-class seating but nab an extra 5 to 7 inches of legroom with stretch-seat options. A small additional fee gives passengers that little bit of extra space.
  • Choose your seat: Many airlines have moved away from assigned seating, but on Frontier passengers can select a seat that lets groups stay together in the air.
  • Best for Vacationers, holiday travelers and frequent fliers who want extra room and more control over their experience.

Compare Airlines