2. Travel
  3. Rental Cars

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.10/5

Fox Rent A Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Rent A Car?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Rent A Car?

Original review: July 27, 2020

We booked a car with Fox because we were trying to save money. We should have listened to the reviews which were all bad. Long story short, after a long flight, we waited in line for 2 hours only to be told they didn’t have any vehicles, let alone the specific one we reserved. Save yourself the frustration & go elsewhere.

Original review: July 25, 2020

Don’t ever rent from Fox, biggest scam ever, they will never refund you money for accidental booking, my computer glitched and booked three times so they charged 3 times and wouldn’t refund the money, never again with them.

Get buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I rented a Jeep Grand Cherokee and ended up with an old, Hyundai Santa Fe with 30k miles on it and a dented roof. It actually had sand in the back so, not sure if the car was sanitized or not. There was no one at the booth at the exit to talk with. When I returned it, I talked with someone there and they actually do not have Jeep Grand Cherokees to rent. Hmmmmm. Then, the woman said I had to buy the unlimited Sun Pass tolls for $15 as she said my EZ Pass would not work. That was a lie. EZ Pass works just fine here. Then, when I returned the car, I wanted to talk to the agent that I rented from. The only problem is the line was out the door so, I figured I would try to call their Customer Service.

Yesterday, I tried 3 times and each time the wait time is greater than 30 minutes. Today, I called and it said there were more than 10 callers in the queue. So, I tried to use the chat function online. The estimated wait time it said was greater than 84 minutes.... So, started off with the bait and switch, got lied to get another $15 out of me. And, I have no ability to get in touch with the company without spending at least an hour of my time waiting on hold... In the end, it cost me more than some of the major car rental companies and I got so much less.... DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Original review: July 16, 2020

I rented a car online in October 2019. I had to cancel my trip and Fox refused to refund my money, instead issuing me a store credit for $437.00. I booked a rental car for a trip to Phoenix in March 2020, then the Covid 19 closed everything down, the trip was cancelled and the whole country was shut down, I called fox, on July 15. 2020, waited one hour just to speak with someone in billing, they still refused to issue me a full refund to my credit card. I told them I will not be traveling anytime soon due to the coronavirus, I won't travel until this virus is gone. They will not refund my money.

I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, posted this on every social media site I can, emailed Fox News and many other media outlets about this company taking advantage of the virus situation, thousands of people have died from this pandemic, and Fox Rental Car is one of those companies that needs to be exposed for blatant disregard for the health and safety of the American people. I have filed a lawsuit on July 15, 2020, they will not get away with this, I urge everyone to post a negative review on every social media page possible, every media outlet that you can email. Also send a email to this company, and let them know how you feel. I will never refer this company to anyone, and I will never rent a car from them, EVER!

Original review: July 9, 2020

Tement. Just their word and a letter. They will try to say you owe 80 dollars to them. For 5 dollars in tolls. Providing no proof of toll violation. They are a sketchy company. I'm reporting to the BBB as well. Not only this problem. When we got there we had to wait in line for exactly 40:minutes. With a worldwide pandemic. At least 20 people in line in a very small building. It's a joke. Customer service was terrible. Place is dirty. Save yourself time and hassle. Go with a car rental agency with a good reputation!!! Terrible. The online quote is inexpensive for the car. When you get there they add triple. What an awful experience. They need to be investigated. This was the Orlando location.

Original review: July 6, 2020

I rented the car at 9am. Drove it home. Notice the car was not cleaned inside and out. There were crumbs in back seat, a yogurt on floor and smear marks of body fluid smeared on seats. Also the car had not been washed. There were bugs all over license plate and window so I parked in my drive way. Took my other car to go shopping for our trip we were leaving in the morning. We got home. My husband tried to start it and it would not start. We even Googled how to start it and it would not start. We were on the phone with customer service several times. No help. We were on the phone with our insurance AAA and their roadside assistance for over 4 hrs. They tried to tell me I did something to the car and I will be held responsible till I told them I was on the phone with my insurance company and they were listening and they were recording everything. I told them they need to pick up car.

1 hrs later a tow truck company came. The driver could not get the car started and towed it away. This is absolutely unacceptable. They have a $500.00 hold on my card. During Covid times they're renting out dirty cars as well. Someone needs to look into this. I will follow up with corporate Monday cause this is unacceptable and try to tell me I'm liable until I told them my insurance company was recording our conversation for them to react.

Original review: July 3, 2020

Rental car booked as prepaid in order to save cost ~$30. Then attempted to change the date for one day after the original date. General support could not do anything in terms of modifying the original contract. The car also will be lost if not picked up in 12 hours period. Attempted to call billing and was on hold for two hours twice. After two hours automated voice stated that the business is closed now.

To make long story short I feel they took my money, they deliberately answer calls as slow as possible, they have very rigid company policy, and they treat their customers poorly. I lost few hundreds of dollars and will never ever rent from them again, but I’d like to urge other people to be extra cautious to avoid my situation. Personally they should not be in business or they should have quality control and customer protection oversight. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH FOX RENTAL CAR????

Original review: June 25, 2020

We picked up a rental car on Saturday at the Tampa Airport, I set up for a Jeep Cherokee or similar. I wanted a Wrangler but it said there weren’t any available. We go to pick up the car and there were a bunch of Wranglers, so I asked to change. She said it would be an upgrade fee of $14 per day, I said OK. This car was far from an UPGRADE!!!! We pull off and then notice it has roll up windows & manual locks! We had to be somewhere after waiting in line for 40 min to get the car, so we couldn’t go back & wait in the long line again to change cars. All of the Wranglers there were not this way.

Then later that night, we tried to charge our phone in the plug in and it did not work. The USB either. Such an inconvenience! When I connected my music to the USB, it shorted out after about 10 seconds every time so FM radio was the only option. I also purchased the toll pass because I was told if I didn’t, I would have to pay $15 to FOX each time, we did not even have any tolls! Overall the price was great but NOT WORTH IT!!! I WOULD HAVE PREFERRED TO PAY MORE! Then when we dropped off the car during inspection, I told them the issues and they said “Oh yea, we know that”, So my husband said “you rented it out knowing that?” And they replied ”Yes, we do it all the time”. How is this OK???? Never again!

Original review: June 23, 2020

I made the mistake of renting a car from Fox rental car. The car they gave me had a tire leaking air. They refused to pay to resolve the problem. They told to go to Firestone tire facility near me and then refused To pay what firestone said it would cost to replace the tire. I ended up buying a new tire to keep from being stranded in a different state with no car to drive.

Original review: June 22, 2020

My experience told me I will never rent a car from this company "Fox Rent A Car at Miami, FL"....Sounds cheaper but end up paying much more, NOT a honest company. To avoid it at any more cost. I can not believe this company is still being in business!!!

Fox Rent A Car Company Information