Fox Rent A Car

Compare Rental Cars

Research top Rental Cars recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Do not use Fox car rental. I rented a car from them for 8 days through Car Rental 8 and opted to not get the prepaid fuel when asked by the Fox agent at the Oakland airport. When I got the final charges on my card I saw they were higher than quoted. I called them to get the correction and the agent on the phone says I selected the prepaid fuel. I told her the tank was taken out full and returned full and because the agent mistakenly charged me they need to fix the error. She refused and repeatedly said I signed for it. I signed for the car rental not the prepaid fuel.

I verbally said I would bring back the car full and I would take care of it. It's not even a major expense and the loss of a repeat customer over it is ridiculous and horrible business. Why would a person fill a tank if they purchased prepaid fuel? This is not brain surgery. Avoid Fox. There are better discount rentals. Thrifty, Payless, Dollar. Fox stinks. Also waited 50 minutes for my car to be ready when I was on time for my rental. Horrible. Avoid at all costs.

Reserved a Full Size SUV. Reservation Estimate: 232.60. Total Charges: 733.49. Charged for an upsell for a lesser vehicle that I never drove away with. Charged for a full tank of gas, even though it was 1/2 full on pickup. Charged for insurance that I explicitly told the agent I did not want. Charged $20 for returning the car 5 hours earlier than I planned (You're welcome). Told by Customer Service my "Airport Fees" were charged because I was at the Airport to rent, even though the location is very much off-site from the airport and you are warned this multiple times by both the shuttle drivers, at the time of reservation, by the airport, and it's on the receipt! Refunded for the Upsell only after I called to speak with customer service after the rental was completed. Could have rented from a far better rated company for less!

My flight was delayed so I spend 30min trying to call Fox Rent a Car to let them know I'd be about an hour late but they wouldn't answer. When I arrived, the car I had reserved to rent was gone! They claimed they had no other cars there so we had to rent an SUV that cost twice as much. They also said we had to get insurance which isn't true if you have insurance! When we went out in the garage to get our vehicle there were lots of cars there! They lied to us. They were unfriendly. Not helpful at all! I was very disappointed with my experience with them!

Granted in the agreement with Fox it states that any toll unpaid when renting a vehicle, is subject to a 15 dollar processing fee. Fox also recognizes that in some states, like Florida (where we rented the car) there are roads where there is no toll booth, in fact the toll is automatically billed to the license tag of the vehicle. Once the driver notices the automatic toll, at that point, there is no way to exit or go around the toll. The simple fact that Fox recognizes these facts and then sends the consumer a 15 dollar processing fee is nothing short of extortion, and unfair. Just a means to generate capital. How many people don't stand up and just pay the bill?

We rented the vehicle, paid tolls all over Orlando, and we're caught on one road with no toll booth. A big sign on the road stating automatic billing to tags of vehicles for 1.06. Fox of course is charging us 16.06 (1.06 toll plus 15 dollars processing). They told us we had to take it up with the Florida Toll Authorities. Never again Fox.

This is my first rental experience at FOX Rental and it was EXTREMELY TERRIBLE! IF my problem is not fully solved, this will be my last rental experience at FOX. The problem is stated below: I reserved a Ford Explorer online and when I got to SFO to take the car, an agent told me there is no Ford Explorer anymore and tried to give me a minivan, but I decided not to have it after I saw the car. Then I returned to the counter and another agent asked me what car do I reserved. I told her Ford Explorer and then she gave me the key! I felt CHEATED, but this is only the beginning!

Then I went to the garage and got the car. However, I saw there was "O/C" on the front window, so I returned to the agent and asked her if the car needed oil change or there was any other problem with the car. Surprisingly, the agent just said, "No problem, just go and take it." So I just took the car and left. However, this was the beginning of the SECOND CHEATING! When I drove the car to Las Vegas, the oil alert turned on, which forced me to swap a car in Las Vegas! There was 1/3 tank fuel in the car when I tried to swap it. I went to the agent there and told him the situation. Then he promised me to swap a car for me, but no a single word about the fuel refill policy (If I know I would be charged for that, I definitely would refill the car before I swap it). After that, I got another same model car with full fuel and left.

However, while I returned the car in SFO, I was charged for the fuel in the swapped car and it was $6.99/gal! I had no idea what's going on and it took the agent some time to find out. Finally I talked to the manager of FOX Rental in SFO, but he was impatient, kept saying refilling fuel is my responsibility and told me to call customer service. He also said, I definitely could not get my money back. But my point is not the money, it is the fact that I was CHEATED again and again, for a THIRD TIME!

Don't you know telling the needed information to your customer is your responsibility!? Cheating to your customer is bad enough, not to mention the fact that I spent 3 or 4 hours to handle all this stuff! Oh, I almost forgot that I was charged additional fuel fee for $182 by mistake. Sorry, I don't mean to be aggressive but it is really upset to have such an experience. If you can solve the problem for me, I would be very grateful. But if not, it is ok and I hope you close down ASAP.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Rent A Car?

I thought I would try Fox car rental one more time after having three extremely bad experiences so the fourth strike you're out. Had pre-registered and paid for a convertible Mustang for Las Vegas for Memorial Day weekend. When I showed up there were no Mustangs available so they put me in a luxury vehicle which had cigarette burns in the seats and numerous signs of scratches and dents.

When I showed up each representative spends upwards of 20 to 30 minutes with each customer because they're trying to force you to take all of their extras even though you Decline. They tend to get very rude about it. After not taking the car of my choice and I was told there would be a refund for the difference and when I brought the car back the desk Clerk could not confirm or deny and said he would take it up with his manager and that was the last I heard of it. It's bad enough that they're not with the other big current or companies and you have to take a secondary shuttle. It's not worth it, don't do it.

I reserved a full size, 7 seat SUV over 45 days in advance of our arrival to PHX. I reserved this size vehicle because I was traveling with my son and husband from Denver and meeting my daughter and mother in PHX. The 5 of us would be returning to Denver together with 5 large suitcases needing to be accommodated. When we arrived to pick up the vehicle we were told that they didn't have the reserved vehicle available. What then is the point of making a reservation? The agent said that sometimes cars don't come back on time or they come back damaged and this was why they didn't have the car. We were offered a minivan. A minivan was NOT what I reserved! They then told me it would be an additional $10 to add my husband as a driver! What?

After an hour+ of getting nowhere, at 11:30 PM, and with another an hour to drive to our destination, we finally took a Chrysler 300. The guy who brought out the car told me they overbook all the time! My son and husband were finally able to maneuver 3 large bags into the trunk with no space for anything else. The return to the airport was a disaster! My son, daughter and mother were in the back seat with 2 large suitcases across their laps for the hour long drive back to Sky Harbor! Not only was this extremely uncomfortable, it was very dangerous!!!

Although the price on the car was less than the original SUV reservation, we did not receive what we needed. I am extremely unhappy with my first (and last) experience with Fox Rent A Car and wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. I am just beginning the process of requesting a refund. Not sure how it will go but the next step will be to dispute the credit charge. It was the worst experience with a rental car company I've ever had. Wish I'd read the reviews before I rented.

Hidden fees total 640. Paid close to 100 ahead of time and at business another 540 which they said they will credit back deposit. I read reviews and there are people complaining that they haven't seen their deposit yet. Quite a huge difference from what they tell you upfront. Especially if you were not expecting it. Will take pictures of car just in case they stick us with something as some of the reviews say they do. Cheaper is not always better. Stick with reliable company that has good reputation.

Picked up car at RSW. Agents were fine. To return car with empty tank she said it was a bargain to buy their gas at $2.41. Drove off the lot and gas stations were all @ $2.29. Next day tire alert signal came on. 44 lbs of pressure in all tires. Could only be that someone paid no mind and filled the tires beyond capacity. Air was taken out at service station. Next day one tire is low. Filled it to recommended amount and did so every other day. Returned the car, they asked about the light. I explained. They went looking for the nail. Said if it was a big one I would be charged. I looked at him and said nothing. Then I returned the car 24 min later than I said I would and was charged two hours of extra usage. Car was not checked out before I left or they would have known about the 44 lbs. Lousy company. Lousy car hidden fees and outright lies. Never again.

After waiting an hour I finally arrived to the counter and I was not able to get the car as the card I used to pay in advance was not accepted. The clerk told me it was not a credit card, which it was. I do not have another card. On top of that, they charge 8.99 for tolls. If you do not get it, they charge 15.00 insurance: I cannot use my own, is what they decide, which is very expensive. Total rent for 4 days would have been 202.00USD. I was able to rent with Enterprise, 4 days, 95.00USD plus the refundable deposit. Fox Rent A Car is the most unprofessional and the agents are very impolite. They lack manners, sales skills, and presentation. Again, do not use this company.

The worst car rental experience ever, no one should use this company! We were scheduled to pick up our car in St. Petersburg, FL at 5:30. At 5:30 we were told it would take about 10 minutes to get it ready. It showed up covered with water as it was just hosed off. There was dirt all over the car and it had not been washed. We drove about 20 miles to the hotel. When we glanced at the gas gauge and it was barely a quarter full, we had to fill it up to go anywhere. It got dark and we had to stop, and get towels to see out the windshield. The back window was so dirty you could not see cars at night through all the grime. We doubt the back window had ever been cleaned in 20000 miles. Prepaid gas was refunded.

Waiting time more 2 hours. 20 plus people are waiting online to get a car with 2 employee servicing. It's unacceptable. When asked for help to get extra employee, answer was 'we are short'. Do not advertise if you do not have enough staff.

We rented a minivan from this business. They did not have the car we reserved. The new car cost more money and had more restrictions once we were on location. They also did not ask us to sign anything showing any damages on the vehicle we picked up. Upon the return of the vehicle they said they found the windshield was cracked!! The windshield was not cracked. They asked me to sign an incident report and admit to cracking the windshield. They asked how many people were hurt in the accident. WHAT ACCIDENT??? There were two other families whom were asked to sign incident reports to things they had not done to the vehicle. They signed our damage waiver!!! FRAUD!! I wish an attorney would look at class action lawsuit with this fraudulent company. BEWARE. DON'T RENT FROM THESE CRIMINALS.

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! They make you put a $150.00 deposit down, tell you it won't be charged to your card and then it is!! They also did not ask my husband and I if we were married and assumed we were not, charged us an extra $50 for an additional driver when their policy clearly states... "Additional drivers must meet all qualifications as the primary driver in regards to age and license requirements. Additional drivers are not permitted when using a debit card or cash as payment at the time of rental. Charges for Additional Drivers - USD/10.00 to USD/10.99 per day per additional driver. There is no charge: (1) at California locations, (2) for the renters spouse, same-sex spouse, or domestic partner or for the companion driver of a renter with a disability who cannot operate the vehicle."

At first we were told it's because our last names aren't the same and then we were told it was because our addresses didn't match. WE JUST GOT MARRIED!! What if I didn't want to change my name! You can't have a policy and then change it depending on circumstances. Please hear my warning and DO NOT RENT from this company. They steal your money and have HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE customer service.

Rented recently from Fox in SLC UT. Took 1.5 hours to get my car. The first car I received had a huge bulge in the sidewall of the tire and they could have cared less about the safety impact from that tire. They did rent me another car upon my insistence but only after they made me stand in the return line to return the current car so I could rent another car. The manager sat in his office while everyone waited for the two agents to get cars rented and checked in. When I complained about the amount of time this was taking to get a car and the method of return to get a new one his total unconcern was profound. NEVER EVER rent from this SLC car rental company! You will regret your decision!

I would never recommend Fox rent a car. We never had one and we rented recently in Seattle, WA and PHX, AZ due to their economical rate. However their service is so poor and reps are very rude. During Dec 2016, our flight arrived late at night in PHX and when we arrived at rental car location to get the car there were only one agent to help and there was a long line. He was working so slow that he didn't wanted to help people to get their car quicker.

After waiting in line for about 45 mins he sent half of the line downstairs where there was another long line. We had to wait almost 2.5 hours to get the car. After we got the car, it was dirty from inside and water was dripping outside since they washed the car recently. Please beware of them, I will never ever rent a car through them even though their price is super low. They are bad company and people. Be away from them. I am giving one star since it won't let me pass otherwise. They don't deserve even one.

Got to the airport early to pickup car. Went to the rental counter and they tried to add on everything in charges but the kitchen sink. I explained I didn't need all of those extra upsells and the girl at the counter kept trying to sell me more. She then wanted to give me a "fun" car and I explained I needed the car that I ordered due to functionality. I was on business, not there for fun. Finally went to go get the car and had to wait close to an hour because there weren't any cars in the type I requested. They only had "fun" cars available. Then they found one I needed and had to clean it first and it took even longer. Finally they bring the car and it is covered in dents and dings. We insisted that they walk the car and make sure they note all of the dents and dings in the car.

I only had that car a day when the tire was going flat. I called them to let them know and I had to wait on the phone 2 hours before I could speak to a live person. I waited and then ended up being transferred to the same line on which I held onto for 2 hours and finally I get an agent. His name was Robert and he tells me to take the car with the low tire pressure to the gas station and pay to get it fixed. I said that was not going to happen, I said for him to send somebody out. He said, "No we won't do that" and he doesn't know where I am located and then he said, "Drive on the flat tire back to where I got the car". I said, "No, please send somebody to fix it" and he said no again. He then told me he wasn't even in the same state (which I find very odd). He said he was in Oklahoma and he wouldn't give me to a supervisor when I asked for somebody else.

He said call another number which he proceeded to give me and it wasn't the right number. I ended up calling back again and was on hold again until I got Robert again! I got nowhere with this person again and he was very rude and I filed a complaint to Fox. That was over a week ago and I still got no results or nobody contacted me from Fox. So I drove over to Fox the next day on a flat tire and praying that it didn't totally go out. I get there and they only had a few cars - I worked with Gama who was the nicest person and very helpful. But he explained he had only limited SUVs available and said the one he had had over 30,000 miles on it. It also had every dent, ding and badly damaged rear section of the car. I said, "I don't care. I'll take the car as long as the tires aren't flat."

The Fox Rental cars are in terrible condition and apparently they don't care. I have never seen such terrible cars! Gama said they will make note of all of the damages and I should not worry. The best part of this horrible experience is that when I return the car at 4:00 AM before it was due to be back. The guy who is there to take the car back his name is Robert! He definitely wasn't in Oklahoma and it appears to be too much of a coincidence. He also proceeded to give me a hard time about all of the dents, dings and damages. I said, "Pull your records, you gave me this car in this condition and it was all marked on the forms when I came in to get the 2nd car." I had to argue with him first before he would let me leave. He tried blaming me for the crappy car they gave me and the dents, dings and damages. I proceeded to tell him that Gama helped us and this car was already full of dents, dings and damages.

He then signed off on the form and let me go on my way as I had an early flight. This is the worst rental car company ever! Do not go to them because they don't have the cars you request and try and sell you extras and also try to get you to take cars that you don't want. It would be kind of hard to take a "fun" car when I had luggage and boxes to put in the car. I will never go to them again! Rent elsewhere! When they say cheap cars they mean CHEAP cars!

Reserved a rental thru Southwest Airlines when booking flights. Arrived in Phoenix from Eastern Time zone at 9:00 local time (midnight at home). Very tired and foggy after a full day of travel. Waited in line 2 hours at Fox rental counter. Was given no info about rental until all screens were signed and credit card was processed. The size car I reserved at $341 was not available, and I was upgraded to the next size for over $500. Car was filthy, and had damage on several panels. Learned a lesson - don't choose the cheapest rental from the matrix. Classic bait & switch.

While I was returning my vehicle to Fox Rent A Car on April 25, 2017, 9:32 am, at the Oakland California location, I was standing next to the car I was returning talking with the employee checking in my car upon returning it. I had just handed her the keys, which she had asked for. The driver's side door was open and that is where I was standing when a car backed up and into me, hitting me in the hip and the shoulder. I had a family member with me who witnessed everything. I said to the employee, that car just hit me, she said yes it did. I felt my hip and shoulder were sore and I could walk and move so I walked to the front passenger window and looked in. The window was up, the driver refused to open the window or acknowledge me in any way. I said, "Dude you hit me." No response. At all.

The employee got my attention and said she would refund me the amount of $335.37 which was the cost of the rental. I said, "Yes that would be a good idea." She also said She couldn't print that for me though because her machine wasn't working. I believe I was in shock as I didn't know what to do and no one asked if I was OK or if I needed help.

When I returned to my family member's home I noticed an email from them stating there was no refund of any sort even my deposit. I checked with my bank and as I write this on May 1, 2017 I have not been refunded any monies from Fox Rent A Car. I called customer service and five hours later after speaking with numerous "customer service and claims" people I found out that the driver of the car that hit me is the manager at this location. He stated, to my family member, "I was waiting to see if She needed medical attention or an ambulance." He then said he didn't hit me.

The other employee now states it never happened, regarding, me getting hit by a car while standing next to her and her acknowledging that when the car hit me. I have been to a medical professional. I have never heard from the manager at this location or the regional director who was supposed to handle this situation. I don't know if I am supposed to say names but I sure can as I have everyone's name that was there. There is supposed to be an incident report yet I have never been given a copy, remember their machines weren't working.

I travel for my business, I have rented cars all over the United States. I have never been treated with such disregard and complete incompetence. Fox Rent A Car how dare you not take responsibility when one of your customers is hit by a vehicle owned by you and driven by your representative. What happened to integrity or just plain concern for another human being that you have hurt physically.

Almost a year ago I rented a car from Sea-Tac Airport. I put a $150 deposit down because at the time I was under 25. This was supposed to be put back on my card, but about 11 months later I still haven't seen this money. I have made numerous calls, sent emails. Employees only respond to calls and they state that I will be refunded in 4-6 weeks. DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY! They are frauds trying to steal our money! I'm going to have to file a lawsuit to get this money back.

I made a reservation for a Camaro convertible almost 2 months before my niece's wedding. A week before the wedding I called to confirm my reservation. I was told I would have a Camaro convertible reserved on April 28th. When I arrived the person at the counter said the only car available was a Dodge Caravan. The Camaro convertible part of the wedding. I will give the counter person credit in that he did make phone calls and it wasn't his fault that the car wasn't available. I had to go to Hertz and pay more for the car. It was part of the wedding so I had no choice but to pay the extra money. Fox offered a better price but didn't come through for me. In the future I will stay with Hertz or Alamo. They've never let me down the way Fox did. I won't go to Fox Car Rentals again.

I was renting a car at San Francisco Airport. What a bad experience! Stay away from this company! At the desk guy, his name was Nick, told me that the only option to pay tolls was to buy plan from Fox for $50.00. Otherwise I would pay toll plus $90.00 penalty each time I use Golden Gate Bridge. He never explained I could pay tolls myself using the website. He also "advised" to prepay full tank of gas so I could return a car with a quarter of tank gas. I agreed and signed on small screen not really being aware what I signed. Paper hard copy agreement with signatures is produced after signing.

A week later when returning a car they told me I need to pay $48.00 penalty because tank was not full! At this moment I looked very closely at agreement. It was my mistake I did not do that a week before, but I was tired after 6 hours flight from NJ and did not expect someone could lie so badly!!! I realized why he lied about toll plan being $50.00. I was renting for 7 days, their plan is $11.49 a day. That makes about $80.43 total which is close $50.00 plus $32.00 for full tank gas, for which I actually did not pay!

I spoke with manager, he charged me $32.00 for gas and waived $48.00 fee. He saved me $12.00 but he even did not mention about other fees and did not apologize. When I called Customer Service and explained that I could pay tolls for crossing 3 times Golden Gate Bridge myself they told me that "It's possible you could have used toll roads/bridges which you were not aware being toll roads because they were not marked. In such case you would have to pay penalties." I asked why California would be so different than NJ or NY where all tolls are marked with signs and there are no "hidden" tolls. Her response was that she does not live in California. Now I fully understand why the name their company Fox or FOX.

Do not use this company to rent a vehicle. They have the worst customer service. We rented a 12-passenger vehicle for a recent trip. Due to flight delays with weather issues we were going to be late picking up our vehicle. They told me I could no longer have the vehicle, that I had already rented and paid for in full. But they would use the money that I had paid to rent a similar vehicle but now that vehicle was going to be double the cost I originally paid. I spoke to multiple people in customer service and was told there was nothing they could do. I was not able to get a refund or the vehicle. They didn't care or honor their agreement. It was robbery.

We had a terrible experience with Fox at SFO airport in January, and I would warn anyone away from them. We go to California every year to see family and usually rent with other companies, but got a surprisingly good deal with Fox via RentalCars.com. This should have been a clue. When we arrived at the rental car counter there was a two-plus hour wait for a car, and it was three hours total before we drove away with our car, which really compromised our vacation plans for our first day. Plus, the car we got wasn't fully cleaned. We were headed for Southern California later in the week and paid for PlatePass for our entire eight-day trip, and Fox ASSURED us that PlatePass covered The Toll Roads in SoCal.

Three months later I received a notice of violation from The Toll Roads for two tolls and $200 in penalty fees. After three days of phone calls and getting the runaround from everyone, I was finally told by Fox that PlatePass does not cover The Toll Roads in SoCal, and that they knew about this problem in the SFO office. I was eventually able to get Fox to refund my toll amount of $12.72, since they lied and told me that PlatePass should cover it, but they didn't care about the $200 in penalties that The Toll Roads were charging me. I was able to get The Toll Roads to lower my penalties to $40 after explaining the rental car situation to multiple people, but despite multiple correspondences with Fox, I have no hope of getting that $40 reimbursed. Avoid this company if at all possible, they have been terrible to deal with at every turn.

After a 2 hour wait in line at 1:30 am, we finally were at the counter. The representative had me sign various screens, but provided no information about what I was signing. We got our "upgraded" car, as they had run out of the one I reserved to find out there was no room in the trunk. There was nobody around to help us, so we stuffed the luggage in the backseat. We made do, and were just going to chalk it up to a bad rental car experience and vowed not to ever use Fox again. However, I then received a bill for a toll. First of all, I only used the HOV 2+ lane, and the signs said HOV 2+ no toll. When I called the Fastrak, they said there was no record of a toll on my license plate, but Fox is billing me for the $1.50 toll plus a $15 admin fee.

Customer service at San Francisco airport. I have been charged more than a double for the car rental that I originally booked through the Priceline. Priceline was no help. I drove 32 miles on the car and being charged for gas $36 dollars. Also for a rental car they charged me $134 dollars for two days. The car was a Nissan Versa automatic without power windows and locks with 44k miles on it. Horrible experience. Will never rent from them again. Also the car a lot of damage on it.

I booked an SUV through rentalcars.com reference number **. I called Fox Rent A Car on February 16, 2017 and spoke to Irad, after being on hold for close to one hour who ASSURED me that there would be an SUV available to me and if there wasn't the type that I reserved I would be upgraded at no additional charge. When I arrived at SFO on February 19, 2017, I was greeted by Maira who told me that there wasn't the type of SUV that I reserved, there was only ONE FORD EXPLORER in the fleet and I had to take that car. She told me that I would be charged $70 a day for the car, inclusive of all taxes, for a total of $420.00. I asked for a supervisor, I was told there wasn't any around. I asked her to honor my conversation with Irad, she handed me back my drivers license and told me to look elsewhere for a car since she will no longer help me.

With my back against the wall, three kids and a disabled husband, along with multiple pieces of luggage, we took the car, again asking if the $70/day was INCLUSIVE of all charges. She said yes and processed my card. The box that shows what the customer is signing is minute. As in close to 3 inches wide. There is no conceivable way someone can scrutinize what they are signing and compare rates with no ability to see what they are reading in its entirety. More so, she was very curt and short with me and was rushing me. Upon taking the car, I began to look at the receipt and immediately called Fox Rent A Car again. No one answered the phone. I called again on Monday, February 20, 2017. Again, I sat on hold for close to one hour with no one answering my call.

I rented online through Fox. Did they tell me that the company I was getting my car from would be called Easirent? NO. Was the Easirent shuttle marked clearly? NO, not at all. Did I receive something to actually read before signing? No. I was told I had to put a £30,000 deposit on a credit card if I wished to rent from them. I don't have that high a limit on my credit card! Instead of pre-printed well thought out info, the agent wrote many letters and numbers down that meant very little to me after being awake for 21 of the past 24 hours.

The long and short of it is they charged me an additional $400 more than what I reserved the rental for! I had purchased rental insurance through a local agency, and Fox/Easirent wouldn't even look at it! They just basically said, "Tough **, you have to buy ours." It took them nearly an hour to go through that and get the car. The car! It's the most banged up, scratched, cracked and broken thing you'll ever see from a rental company! Someone tried to kill this car! I don't even think my totaled car looked as bad as this one does!! DO NOT USE FOX CAR RENTAL!!!

Rented car from Fox in Fort Lauderdale. Usually no problems. Long story short, I arrived a few hrs. after my pickup time (weather delayed flights) and I was told my deal (through Economy Car Rentals) had expired. I also had made a down payment. Agent said not to worry. Gave me "free" upgrade to larger vehicle. That should have piqued my interest a bit more. I already had a full sized reserved. Anyway, after returning car and getting deposit back, my $178 car deal was now $554. Manager said he would look into it. Agent also told me I HAD to pay for insurance. I have NEVER had to pay for insurance. Make sure you ask all pertinent questions and never assume anything from this business.

Fox car rental in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida (2016) and same at San Francisco Airport (2017) tried to scam me in several ways. Ft. Lauderdale electronic tolls for highway and San Francisco tolls for bridge. Both instances were result of Fox lying, cheating, misrepresentation -- What they tried to do is illegal. Also, in San Francisco they tried to double the original Travelocity contract price. Travelocity was no help. I am refusing the extra charges with my credit card company and won't pay any of the charge until Fox agrees. I have an 819 credit score and am not worried about any resulting credit card fallout. Fox appears to be across-the-board scoundrel.

Fox Rent A Car Company Profile