3.6/5 (613 ratings)

About Fox Rent A Car

Fox Rent A Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Rent A Car?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Rent A Car?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

This company is NOT at the airport. These are NOT new cars. If that is what you are looking for, you should not have left the airport! These have bumps and bruises and some miles on them, like your car at home...So you should feel right at home here. There is a shuttle to bring you to several rental car companies that are quite off the beaten path. The shuttle ride was really concerning. At a certain point, the driver jumped a downward ramp! Eduardo was polite and easy to work with at pickup. I waited for them to wash the car. But drying the car off is not a part of "cleaning the car for your use".

On my return, I was trying to present my receipt for filling up the car before returning to avoid the mistake of being charged for gas. I based this on a review I read, and speaking to a representative over the phone before bringing in the car. The guy I spoke with said it was unnecessary, and when I said I read recent reviews that said the opposite, he said, "well, that was the review". I went inside to do the same, and the rep at the desk said "that was from a long time ago". (All of these horrible reviews I read were within the last two months.)

The first shuttle driver that came to pick up, held up two fingers to say he only had room for two people. The second shuttle was parked at the front of Fox and did not come near the area that said "shuttle bus" with the covering for shade. I tipped the guy $20 for all of the people on the shuttle bus for getting us there quickly since we waited quite a while for the shuttle.

For how they were able to get me into a car in a pinch, for how great I was treated by Eduardo, the fact I had NO extra charges besides what I agreed to, and having a decent car to rent, I would rent from them again. The shuttle driver leaving and going to the airport was quite sketchy, and the return guys are not exactly nice. If those would be hang ups for you, do not rent from here. If you just need to get it done and rent something decent, absolutely try them out.

Original review: April 25, 2022

I have been renting with Fox Rent A Car MCO Orlando, FL for several years, and every time is a pleasant transaction. Wadie did a great job at the counter explaining options without pushing, just making sure I know my choices, this is a very knowledgeable person. Billing Department over the phone took care of some mistakes I did during reservations (this, and a future one) and they resolved them to my full satisfaction; thanks Ann and two more ladies that were super friendly, kind and patient during the several calls that I did.

Fox Rent A Car don't push on insurances (you shall have yours if not buying theirs, for your own sake), on gasoline, on tolls, or on any other add on, they just let you know they have them available, just in case. If you come back with any concern (like I did last December, 2021) they solve it and give you the choice of changing the vehicle or keep it (I kept it after explained that everything was Ok). I fully recommend them for a pleasant experience (if not pleasant at other locations, they shall learn from the Orlando, FL location).

Get buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

We had the best experience with FOX. The wait was maybe 2 minutes. The young man was very polite checking us in. He also gave us a free upgrade. Car was clean and had plenty of room. Returning the car was even easier! I am late writing this review. But THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS SO EASY FOR US! I will continue to book when we travel.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

I actually had a positive experience renting from Fox Rentals in San Francisco and returning to Fox in San Diego. The wait was minimal, received a free upgrade, no serious attempts to upsell me on any extras, and no additional charges than what was expected on my credit card. For the record, I booked directly through the Fox Rentals website.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I rented a car from them and returned it to Salt Lake City on 9/16. We left 2 photos. I left 2 messages I. Lost and found, spoke to 4 people at call center, emailed on website and no one has responded.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I rented a car from this place and paid in full. All was left for me to do is just to return it. When it was time to return the car they forced me to sign a document and said if I don't sign it I cannot return the car. Since I didn't speak any English I didn't understand anything that was on the document, because I don't speak or read English. Also I filled up the tank in full with fuel. They still charged me $11 per gallon for a full tank. Overcharging me for a full tank of Gas that I already filled up. On top of that its $11 per gallon that price is unheard of. The fees below are what was added on top of what I already paid in full. I did not pass any tolls. The car was not an energy car. The fuel was already filled up. I never agreed to pay for loss damage waiver, customer facility charge and Alternative dispute resolution. I never agreed to any of these charges. I had no idea I was being charge for any of these. It was all a lie and fraud.

This company is a scam towards people who don't understand English. It's very unfair that they treat people from other countries in such a prejudice conniving way. I am disgusted by their behavior cheating me by $1058.65 all because I am from another country. I called them back many times with an interpreter and they ignored my calls and gave me the run around. I lost money for paying an interpreter and going nowhere with it. At the moment I am at a loss and the company is doing nothing about it. Drop. Vehicle license fee. Energy recovery fee. Rental surcharge. Tolls per day. Customer facility charge. Alternative dispute resolution. Loss damage waiver. Fuel at $11 per gallon. Total charges $1058.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

I took advantage of a prepay discount so my card was charged well before my travel date. The night before my travel date I tried to verify my rental but the company is very difficult to get ahold of. The morning of my travel I showed up on time to e told the company doesn't have a vehicle available for me, they didn't even try to help me. I was told I would have to call the corporate office in California and file a claim for a refund. The local office couldn't do anything to help me. The time difference added a degree of difficulty, and I ended up having to drive my own vehicle.

After I got ahold of the company to file my dispute they told me they would have to verify my claim with the local office, and call me back. First they didn't call me back so I called them again. I was told the office manager never responded to their inquiry so they would have to call me back, they didn't call me back. When I spoke to them again the office manager still had not responded, and I was told I would receive a refund. 2 months later I received a new charge from Fox Rental as a recharge. When I disputed the charge through my bank, Fox claimed the charge was valid and Visa simply agreed. I now lost my second dispute. Not only did I have to pay for travel in my personal vehicle, but now I have had to pay for a rental that I was never given.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

The agent was aggressive at the counter trying to upsell and insisted on charging us an additional driver fee because my husband and I were both present. We declined to add myself on as an additional driver, she charged us and had to get a manager to remove it. Next, it was the tolls, this location did not offer an easy pass. It was very inconvenient for the consumer but lucrative for them. If you went through a toll, they charge you an additional fee on top of the toll. Next, the car broke down and it overheated an hour after we picked it up. It was inconvenient waiting and calling roadside assistance being transferred and out on hold.

Then they asked for pics and videos to see if it was something WE can fix!! Heck no, send someone out here and bring us another car. That took 2 whole hours and we were 20 minutes away. We left the car and walked to a nearby restaurant to wait. We finished our meal, they still had not arrived. Once the driver showed up, switched the cars but the replacement car was not the same class as the original. AND no, they did not compensate the rate.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

Fox Rent A Car lies about being in Jacksonville, FL airport. They are not there. The police there never heard of them. The information booth never of them. When you call their company phone number, your phone is answered in the Philippines and they do not have a local number to call. Don't use them in Jacksonville, FL.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

I had rented a car from this company and was being overcharged. Not only was I overcharged they kept charging me and harassing me for payments for a car that I rented and received with scratches, dents and dirt on the inside while I had checked in on vacation. They did not allow me to swap vehicles and I could not waste time doing so because I had plans scheduled for my Florida vacation the vehicle also smelled of smoke and ** which I explained is not ok with the people riding in the car because of their asthma. I'm hoping that I get no more problems with this company and highly do not recommend renting vehicles from them. Also if you call their hotline it will say that they're closed during their hour's operations which is ridiculous when it says 8 am to 5 pm and you call at 10am for them to say they are closed.

Fox Rent A Car Company Information