Fox Rent A Car

Compare Rental Cars

Research top Rental Cars recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

In April I was internet shopping for a five week car rental in Salt Lake City. Fox clearly offered the best price so I contacted my travel companion in another state and we agreed to rent with Fox. Two weeks ago I found that AAA could get the same car through Hertz for $400 less so we made reservations through AAA. On 8/1/17 I called Fox to cancel my reservation with them. I got a recorded message saying that I was caller #19 and someone would be with me shortly, or I could go to their website to complete my business. After 20 minutes I was up to #11 position but I knew that I could not wait another 25-30 minutes so I hung up.

Later I went to their website to cancel my reservation but I did not have the confirmation # so I used their message service to ask them to contact me about my reservation. No response in the past 12 days (they advertise a 24 hour response). Sent another message on their site; no reply to date. Tried the process again on 8/6/17, again with no response! I then called them again and held again for about 30 minutes before someone answered. The lady I spoke to was very pleasant and confirmed that they had my reservation and gave me the confirmation number. I told her I needed to cancel the reservation and that no one had responded to my emails to that effect.

She gave me a number to call to contact "Price Line" (I had no idea that I had used that service to make the reservation). When I reached "Price Line" the lady confirmed my reservations and said that it was a "pay on pickup" service and that I did not have to cancel the reservation - it would be canceled if I did not show up at my pick up time. I insisted that I wanted to officially cancel the reservation in writing so she directed me to "rentalcar.com" where I was able to cancel (with acknowledgment of my cancellation to be provided within 24 hours.) So, now I am wondering why Fox did not respond to my emails with that information, and why did the Fox rep with whom I spoke not tell me that I did not need to cancel? Sorry, sorry service by Fox.

We waiting 2 and 1/2 hours for a dirty, smelly rentals. My daughter’s door kept opening. There was no child safety lock on it. The waiting area which was outside was very dirty and it rain. My suit case with my clothes got wet. My daughter slipped and fell in a big puddle of grease and water trying to dodge an huge pool of water. She fell right on her butt/hip. My father has the car rental info **.

I would choose zero stars if possible... We rented out of Salt Lake City Airport on July 26, 2017, Toyota minivan. The car was far from clean by the time we have it. After 2 hours driving, we had had "Maintenance Required" signal on the dash board. We have called to FOX road assistant and they told us that we can continue to use the car but take it for the maintenance if we will see one of the Firestone services on our way. I think FOX company has found the best way to maintain their cars. On the day 5 of our trip car didn't start - the battery was dead. We call to FOX road assistant service and to the local car service. FOX said that we can replace the battery at the local service and call them back to get a credit card number for the payment. After the battery has been replaced we have spent about 2 hours trying to call to FOX without success.

I have paid for the service by my credit card. After a couple of days, I have finally reach FOX customer service and they have told me that I need to bring a receipt by the time I will return the car and the company will pay me back. When we returned the car a FOX representative (his name is Mikki) took my receipt for the battery replacement, went to the manager (his name is Toma) and said that Toma is in the middle of the conference call and he will process my receipt in 2 hours and send me receipt through e-mail. Toma has never done it. After a couple of days I have finally reach Toma but immediately said that he is busy and will call me back. So, finally, I have called my credit company and disputed the payment. NEVER USE FOX RENT A CAR!

Flew to Denver International Airport with a pre-existing online rental with Fox Rent A Car, stood in line for over an hour. There were only 2 service people working the counter and as time went on they added 2 more. I was then told there would be a $150 security deposit which was news to me. I then had to find the car check it out and walk back into the line to turn in the check sheet. What POOR customer service. So I spent 2 hours till I got going. Efficiency and speed are not within their vocabulary.

Returning the car was a nightmare. Being new I figured there would be adequate signage to direct me to the rental return, there was none. If I had not seen their shuttle I would still be driving around DIA. The guy took my paperwork and told me I get an email receipt, as of 24 hours later no receipt. I was told today it would take 5-7 days to process the refund of my security deposit then I would get an email receipt. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM UNLESS YOU HAD A DAY TO KILL AND CAN AFFORD TO HAVE THEM HOLD THE FUNDS.

My family went to Orlando for a funeral and found Fox Rent A Car, which was priced reasonably for the Ford Explorer we rented from 8/2 to 8/6. It was very hot, well it is Florida in August, and got picked up by the shuttle to take us to Fox Rental. When we arrived at the facility, we walked in only to find a line of about 35 people in front of us. It took us over 2 hours to get our keys, and we did have a reservation. It became comical during the wait and decided to time how long it took each person to get their keys. The longest was 27 minutes and the shortest was 7 minutes. When we got to our Ford Explorer, the car was filthy, low tire pressure, and then the light came on indicating an oil change was due. In the future, even if we have to spend a little more, we'll rent a car from the airport terminal. You have been forewarned.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Rent A Car?

Reserved a van for a week use on Priceline for a Fox rental. When I arrived at the office and having waited in line an hour the lady told me that their cars cannot be driven across state line. Nothing in the information on Priceline stated this requirement. Had to go back into the airport and rent a car from an onsite reputable company at the last minute and with added costs over the Priceline offers. Also, they had no problem with crossing the state line. I believe unusual exception should be presented up front.

I too would choose zero stars if possible... We rented out of Fort Lauderdale Airport and returned in Miami. Both ends were disastrous! It is offsite at the Lauderdale airport which is first bad sign as most are right there at terminals. Took my husband OVER 2 HOURS to get rental and then the rental had a HORRIBLE smell, had to keep windows open. Overall car was filthy, my husband had to wash windows to make drivable, which took more additional time. Drove to Miami (only 19 miles) and stopped to grab a couple items at a grocery store and CAR DIED!!! Needed to get it jumped.

HUGE line at return in Miami, in which we saw loads (long line) of more soon to be unsatisfied customers waiting. Poor customer service all around... No one knew anything. Would have changed to any other car company but this was pre-paid through Carrentals.com, will ALWAYS use a name brand company in future... Stay away... Wish I had read reviews prior to booking!!!

This place is the absolute worst car rental company I've ever used. They charge you with any kind of hidden fees you can think of. They charged us SIX dollars a gallon for the gas, and they didn't explain that until they CLOSED the contract so we couldn't tell them no. They'll take advantage of you, and screw you over any way possible. Lastly, we rented the car and got outside to pick it up AND THERE'S NO CAR. They rented us a car to seat 7 people that they didn't even have. If -10 stars were available that's exactly what this company would get.

Renting a car in LAX through Priceline like I have done a dozen times before. I got placed with Fox Rent A Car on this occasion. I waited for the shuttle 45 minutes. Other Rent-A-Car shuttles came 5 times before Fox shuttle came once. Got to the outlet, line was another hour. I walked to a different rent a car and no line no problem. When I drove by Fox. They had a wrapping line around their parking lot of cars waiting to leave. If you want to lose half a day getting a car use Fox. If your time is valuable use anyone else.

The worst company on the planet ever!!!! Do yourself a favor. Take your business elsewhere. Even if you need to spend a few extra bucks on car rentals it'll be worth it, just not to deal with these unworthy unprofessional company. Starting from staff in the LAX location to the main office over the phone customer service if you can call it like that. No wonder they have the worst reviews possible for a business. If it was worth it I would spent my time and money to take them to court. They should get shot down and suit.

Please trust these reviews and do not use Fox, by far the worst rental company I have dealt with. I decided to go against all of the reviews, thinking how bad could this really be??? And for the price??? Why not??? HUGE MISTAKE!!! My car rental was suppose to be $380, and by the time they were telling us all of the extras we HAD to take (which were lies) and the items they added on without asking, we were close to $530. That is a huge price difference!!! I called customer service to have them refund the unauthorized items and they told me that I would need to go back to the actual rental place and resign the contract when I was already 40 minutes away from where I picked the rental up at.

Then there was the car, a huge piece of junk. It smelled, had holes throughout the interior, it wasn't cleaned (inside and out) and it had scratches all over the exterior. All the cars that we had to choose from were just as awful. I can't believe that we paid over $500 for something so awful. And the employees were just as awful as the car itself. Very rude towards all of the customers, especially after we waited for close to an hour in line to get the rental. I definitely learned my lesson and will NEVER use Fox again. If there was an option of giving zero stars, they would most definitely have zero. It is a shame that I have to give one star to such a horrible company. Please save yourself a nightmare and DO NOT use Fox. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL!!!

I arrived at the airport and no one was there... They stated that someone will be there with a sign not true, I waited over a hour then had lady at the airport call. Got there and there was 2 girls there. One she was new and she knew half of what she was doing. The process took like 2 hours. They charge me 500 deposit and my rental was 91dollars with insurance. So they ran my card for 500 and said I will get that back 4 to 7 business days after returning the car excluding weekends and holidays.

I paid 100 cash which I did not get change because they don't carry change. I was told the change will come when I get my deposit back. The car was dirty and on empty. I had the car for 2 days and returned it very early on my leaving day... The car had more than half a tank of gas when I received it on empty. It took me like 15 mins to return the car. So I waited the time specified for my deposit return I got nothing. I kept calling them they kept saying it's coming. They never ask my name so how they know it's coming... Kept calling they seem uninterested in helping me and they never intended on giving back my deposit.

Finally I had enough and got with my bank and in less than 10 days I got my money back after waiting almost 3 weeks... Car returned on June 27 deposit was returned on 21 of July only because I got my bank involved... There is nothing good I can say about this company. They should be closed down... I would not ever rent from them again or refer anyone to them. Worse experience ever in my life. I also have a high phone bill from calling them because I'm in Texas so that's more wasted money... STAY AWAY FROM FOX RENTAL MONTEGO BAY JAMAICA.

By recommendation of a family member I was inspired to rent a car from Fox Rent A Car. My experience was horrible horrible horrible. Upon arriving at the airport I waited quite a while to be accommodated to the rental car location in Orlando Florida. By the time I arrived at the rental car station at Fox Rent A Car I stood in line for 2 hours just to wait for an overpriced car. Your cars was reported to have the better rates in all other rental car locations. After returning back I had to wait in line for quite a while in the rain with several another customers are also waiting very impatiently in the rain. The attendant stated that the car I had rented was not even in the system so could not assist me with getting the proper information for my car. He also referred me to a manager to which I could not find at the searching all areas of the ground.

The manager finally appeared from somewhere and also took a while to assist me with my information. It was not clear when I left I had a large bill and information was still not correct. I'm very disappointed with the service that I have been given after visiting with my family on our family vacation reunion. After reading this information be advised I will not be running from this location anymore and I will advise all the people that I know not to rent from Fox Rent A Car.

I would not recommend renting a car from this company. More people was leaving out of there without a car than with one. We reserved a Camaro convertible over 6 months in advance but when we got there they said they didn't have one available so we had to take something else. But guess what was sitting in their parking lot when we was leaving out with another car, yeah a Camaro convertible!!! I believe they didn't want to let us have the car we reserved because they more than doubled their price on that type of car since we reserved ours. And they make you take their insurance which was a lot more for 11 days than I pay for a whole month on 3 cars. Our son got a car right from the airport cheaper than what ours ended up being going with this company.

Waited 3 hours to pick up the car because they run out of cars. Waited 30 mins to return the car because nobody there to sign off. Came back, found out that they charged additional $200 for the insurance even I have told them to decline the insurance. They hide this charge in a separate credit card transaction without my knowledge. They only explained to me the regular charge. Completely sale misrepresentation. Talked to them and they claimed I have signed the contract which authorized them to do any credit card charge even I did not know. To me, they are just a bunch of crooks. Stay away from this company, whatever $ you think you might be able to, it is NOT worth it

If I could choose zero stars, I would have. Fox at SFO is horrible all round. To quote a line from a movie, they are renting a "fleet of ** boxes." Their customer service sucks! Their cars are dented & scratched up. I don't know how they still manage to generate any business.

When you read the reviews, believe them. Unfortunately I need not believe any business could possibly be as bad as the reviews I was reading. THEY ARE!!! Service was terrible. Pressure for insurance, tolls. When I told her I had insurance with my company she said that it did not cover a rental and yes it did. She told me had to buy daily toll which I did not. Never went through a toll. I ask the manager if they worked on commission and he said yes.

Had to wait forever in the line and even longer waiting for the car to come around. The car was filthy I mean bad filthy when it finally came around. Should have been full with gas. I did not check before I left (my fault). When I got 25 miles down the road I called them and told them. They told me to take a picture of the gas hand. I did but when I returned they told me the car used a half a tank to go 25 miles and that was right. They do not take care of their cars, service, tires, dents, filth.

We went to Florida in June 2017 for a funeral and rented a car. While parked a dry palm limb fell on the car and damaged the hood. Our insurance paid $1193.92 for the damage. Fox Rent a Car is seeking payment of $150 from us. All the paperwork regarding the claim was done within the company. There was no subcontractor that would require additional personnel but we are told we need to pay administrative fee of $150.

We were cheated, blatantly, by the San Francisco airport branch of this company. We rented a car from them on June 27 and returned it June 30. When we picked up the car, people at the desk - several - and also people at the pickup point told us that there was a special promotion, that we should not fill up the car; the gas would be free. We asked carefully and repeatedly because this seemed very unusual. And when we returned the car, we again asked and were reassured that this was the case, a special deal. But when we were billed, we were billed for almost $50 worth of gas. And on the phone the company denied that there was such an offer, that we had misunderstood.

We always fill a rental car on its return. We would never have taken it back not refilled if we hadn't been told over and over again that there would be no charge.

In addition, when the company initially quoted the price for the rental, they did not reveal all the additional charges, taxes, airport fees, that would be added on, so their quote was deceptively low compared to other companies. This company is clearly out there to cheat, or at least its employees at the San Francisco airport outlet are. There was a deliberate effort to deceive and that is outrageous and dishonest.

I do not recommend Fox rental car at all. At first it looks like cheaper than other rental cars but they will rip you off, it is more expensive than other car rentals. Following are how they overcharge you, similar to other customers complaint reported.

1. They charged me deposit for $150 deposit and return money was $148.30, I read this in most customers review complain.
2. The insurance coverage is much more expensive than other rental cars. I did not know the credit card usually is covering your rental car insurance. I think AARP is covering your rental car insurance.
3. I did not ask for road side assistance and they charged me $4.99 per day.
4. Fox rental car send me an invoice for administration fee of $30 for Toll, even though I paid for my toll. I read this in most customers review.

5. They try to convince you that their gas is cheaper than outside, not true.

As I read other customers complain it was similar to mine, I recommend reporting this stealing agency to “better business bureau” and “general attorney”. They need to be approach by law to stop them from ripping off the people.

I would never recommend this scam of a company to anyone. I never heard of this company nor used this company. My sister in-law found the site and told me about it. I was looking for a company that wasn't almost 300 dollars just to rent a car for a week. I usually use Hertz or another company on MCO airport and pay less than 220 for 8 days. But because the time my vacation is scheduled it is a high demand so every place was higher than I ever paid. So when my sister in-law told me about Fox I decided to see what the price was and it was under 200 what was great. Now remind you I reserved the car and Thursday at 6 something. I picked my location where I wanted to pick the car up from.

I choose MCO airport. Never did it say anything about being off site. I didn't find that out until I paid by credit card and received my confirmation email that it gave me the location and said they was off site. That's when I decided to cancel my reservation three hours after making the reservation. Now I seen that it said if you cancel 24 hrs or more you have to pay 70 dollars which is a rip off because I didn't have the reservation over 12 to 24 hrs, so I shouldn't have to pay anything. Now they have two options for paying. Pay now and save or pay later. I choose to pay now but what is not fair is that because I pay now and cancel my reservation I have to pay 70 dollar but others who pay later don't have to pay anything.

But that wasn't my problem. I decided to forfeit the 70 dollars to get a car that was actually on site of the airport. When I checked my card the total of the car was pending. Not only was that pending but my security deposit was also pending. How can you take a security deposit for a car that I haven't even picked up yet and wouldn't be there to get the car in over a week. I still let it go and waited until Saturday to see if my card wasn't pending anymore so I could get another rental company but to my surprise my card was still charged and they only gave me back 80 dollars. The same day I reserved the car and canceled now. My card is short over 200 something dollars and I can't talk to anyone until Monday because their billing is closed on weekends.

I send them a very nice comment and told them that if they don't fix the problem I will be contacting a lawyer for my money. Never should they have taken my money. They was suppose to stop payment and only charge me the 70 dollars. If they don't return my money and try to give me a hard way to go to get it back I will have to get a lawyer and I don't care how much that will cost because I will make sure that my lawyer fees and any other fees will come out of their pocket, as well and my pain and suffering. They need to understand that playing with people money isn't a good and I'm willing to take it as far as I have to for not only myself but for future customers they try to get over on.

Fox Rentals at the Fort Meyers Airport in Florida seemed to offer a very good deal for the money, but after the rental was complete, they kept an additional $71.00 of my $400.00 deposit. My rental cost $12.25 per day and with additional taxes, etc., which came out to $36.75 for 2 days. When we rented the car, the office only had one rep at the counter with a line out the door. While we were there we witnessed a lady being held up by a non-functioning trunk on a convertible with 3 additional Fox Rental employees trying to assist her. This occurred with 5 people waiting in line for cars with the one representative at the counter. When we finally reached the rep, she rented us the car informing us that if we returned the car by 11:15 AM on the day of our return (allowing an hour grace period), we would not be charged an additional day. We didn't return the car until 1:30, 1 hour and fifteen minutes past the grace period. I expected to be charged an addition $12.50.

However, not only were we charged an additional day of $12.50, but an extra $35 for the car + fees totaling $71. I called their customer service and was not allowed to speak to a supervisor when I asked for one. I was told that regardless of what the office rep told us the day we rented the car, the additional fees above an extra day's rental were outlined in the two pages of fine print they gave us in the contract. I am very dissatisfied with Fox Rentals and would definitely NOT recommend their services to anyone needing to rent a car. Additionally, I was told that it would be 7 to 14 business days for the return of my deposit. Why was a $400 deposit needed when I provided proof of my own full coverage, premium insurance policy? After reading other reviews of Fox Rentals, I realized that problems with additional fees was a common theme in their business practices.

We rented a car for 4 days. SUV was newer and not too bad, but the heating / air conditioning was not available in the rear seating areas. There was no air flow, and the instrument panel had no way to direct air to the rear areas and looked nothing like the ones in the owner's manual. We lived with it and could not complain when we dropped off because there was no one there in office. We did not purchase the "toll package" because we had always just paid the tolls ourselves, or to the car companies. We were told there would be an administrative fee... period. We were NEVER told that there would be an administrative fee of $15 PER toll. That is outrageous. After reading some more recent reviews, we felt lucky that my husband had canceled his credit card he had on file with them, and we paid their inflated fees with a check.

Arrived to Puerto Rico and followed instructions on confirmation email and there was not an answer for almost an hour, when answered the co. advised that the shuttle would be there shortly. Lo and behold an hour later and nothing. I ended up having to call a number to U-SAVE car rental because their shuttle was right in front of me and well they saved the day and had me in a car in 15 minutes. No lie.

I reserved a car through Fox car rental about 4 months prior to my trip. I made it clear that I would be picking up the car on San Francisco and dropping it off a week later in LA. I arrived in San Francisco to pick up my car and was in line for about 40 minutes. When we finally got up to a desk clerk it took another 15-20 minutes to finally get the car. We had a great week and the car was ok although the a/c was terrible and the wipers had no fluid to clean the windshield. We dropped off the car in LA at around 2:30, an hour and a half earlier than we stated.

Didn't think it was a bad thing to be early. Come to find out that they did not want to give us our full deposit back. When we called to ask why, we were told we were charged a late fee for picking the car up later than stated on the reservation even though it was their fault. We did because of the long wait time and we were charged a fee for dropping the car off earlier than stated on the reservation, which is the most foolish. We did call about the fees which were refunded. Good luck getting a representative! It took over an hour of waiting and being disconnected before I was able to talk with a person. If you deal with Fox, you better not be late or early. You better be on the dot, or you will pay...

Do NOT rent from this company. Rentalcars.com told me $184.16 was due at pick up. Well, I waited in line for an hour (yet there were only a couple of people in front of me) at the Fox location at Santa Ana to pick up the car, and the staff was rather rude to other customers (except for Angel who helped me, who was very helpful). Then, they charged me $300 for the car with added fees that Rentalcars.com did not clarify. After leaving, I read the invoice and found unclarified fees, so I contacted Fox after picking it up to clarify what was on the receipt... it has been over a week and I have not heard a reply. I would NEVER rent from this company again.

The woman at the counter was rude and obnoxious! She did not speak good english and she talked way too fast. She did not care about us at all! She told us "she was not our slave and for us to be nicer to her!" All we did was ask her to slow down a bit so we could understand. She was horrid! She said to us, "I am a human!" She rushed us. She acted with an attitude like she could care less that we were standing there. Even the other person at the counter told her she was out of line. She ruined our first day of vacation! All we could talk about was how rude she was and how unhelpful and entitled she seemed. Horrible experience with her! We asked for the supervisor and he was very apologetic. The car we rented was very nice and very clean. But, unfortunately we will not return to Fox Rentals ever because of the person at the desk. That was our lasting impression... it was not a good one.

LESS THAN A STAR! We rented a premium car with unlimited mileage but when we came to pick it up the car isn't available. The lady made some calls to get us a different car but it turns out it's as worse as they were. Our unlimited mileage was gone and they say we can only travel within California. They asked us where we're going and when we told them we're off to San Francisco, they said that, "We only travel to LA and San Diego." Although they let us bring the car to San Francisco, they gave us like a limited 1000 mileage which is not the deal we made when we rented the car. It was very inconvenient and takes us hours before we get the car. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE!

Booked the 2 door Dodge Coupe online and at the time of pickup I asked for 4 door instead. The lady tried to charge me $150 extra to give 4 door car. I did not want to pay extra so I decided to keep 2 door. Later, they never had 2 door available. They gave me 4 door for the same price. It was sad lady tried to charge extra money knowingly that they have 4 door. Also, they took $150 deposit but refunded $140.76 only. I thought probably it was some toll. Now they are billing me $7.50 toll plus another $15 administrative fee. They just want to steal your money somehow.

I used Expedia.com to secure a car rental for our family trip to Orlando June 2017. We frequently rent cars while on vacation from well known rental shops and have always had good experience. Unknowingly, I selected a Fox Rental and wasn't aware until I arrived. When we arrived to the airport we took a Fox Rental shuttle bus to the rental location. When we arrived the representative was insisted that we used e-pass plates $7.00 a day or we will be charged $14.00 a day for accidentally going through express tolls. So we agreed.

When we went to select the vehicle we were responsible for inspecting the vehicle for every dent, scratch or imperfection. It was said any dents not marked we were billed. So we inspected the car at 1 am in the dark with our camera phone light. Unbelievably! Later that morning we realized one of the chairs did not move, the car steering wheel trembled and it felt like the tire was on its way out. Also inside the car the interior was torn of seat bottoms and floor mats were removed. This shop should be shut down.

Fox Rent A Car Company Profile