3.6/5 (487 ratings)

About Fox Rent A Car

Fox Rent A Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Rent A Car?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Rent A Car?

Original review: April 25, 2022

I have been renting with Fox Rent A Car MCO Orlando, FL for several years, and every time is a pleasant transaction. Wadie did a great job at the counter explaining options without pushing, just making sure I know my choices, this is a very knowledgeable person. Billing Department over the phone took care of some mistakes I did during reservations (this, and a future one) and they resolved them to my full satisfaction; thanks Ann and two more ladies that were super friendly, kind and patient during the several calls that I did.

Fox Rent A Car don't push on insurances (you shall have yours if not buying theirs, for your own sake), on gasoline, on tolls, or on any other add on, they just let you know they have them available, just in case. If you come back with any concern (like I did last December, 2021) they solve it and give you the choice of changing the vehicle or keep it (I kept it after explained that everything was Ok). I fully recommend them for a pleasant experience (if not pleasant at other locations, they shall learn from the Orlando, FL location).

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

We had the best experience with FOX. The wait was maybe 2 minutes. The young man was very polite checking us in. He also gave us a free upgrade. Car was clean and had plenty of room. Returning the car was even easier! I am late writing this review. But THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS SO EASY FOR US! I will continue to book when we travel.

Get buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

I actually had a positive experience renting from Fox Rentals in San Francisco and returning to Fox in San Diego. The wait was minimal, received a free upgrade, no serious attempts to upsell me on any extras, and no additional charges than what was expected on my credit card. For the record, I booked directly through the Fox Rentals website.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

This was in Phoenix, AZ. My family and I were having major problems with the car we rented from a different rental, and spent hours trying to fix it. An amazing man named, Beau, from Fox helped me rent a car after we left the first place. He had an amazing easy-going attitude which calmed my intense anxiety. We cracked jokes and had such an easy time getting a new car in just ten minutes! I'll remember you Beau! When returning out car, Norman helped us do a nice, quick check in. He was also an East coast man, which we bonded over. Loved the experience I had here! Will use again!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

I've had a great experience with Melissa who helped me to select the right car for the trip and who diligently and patiently tried to accommodate (and succeeded!) all my needs. The Hyundai Elantra worked out like a charm for me. I am very happy!

Original review: May 9, 2022

I truly wish that I could provide this company with 0 stars. I canceled my booking after feeling uneasy about the whole experience after reading other's reviews. I Tried to contact customer service ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS to speak with a manager and to address my concerns. I had emailed multiple individuals with no response. This company truly does not care about its customers and I hope that this review saves someone the headache that I have had to experience dealing with them. If you are looking to have a positive rental experience, go with another company!

Original review: May 9, 2022

I rented a car in Denver in May 2022. I did not discuss any add on services and had a paid reservation completed prior to arrival. The agent at the counter directed me to a screen where I entered my initials 6 times. No explanation of what for but I did not find this unusual from past dealings with rental car companies. Agent then handed me my keys and my receipt. I reviewed the receipt later to discover I was signed up for the prepaid gas fill-up upon return. It took some effort with customer service to get this reversed as I had signed for it. So my lesson is to check the receipt before leaving the desk. I assume the clerks get a commission for anything extra they can sell you. I do not know if this occurred or if it was just simply hitting a wrong button.

Original review: May 6, 2022

Although you may be tempted to use Fox because of the price, be aware the quality of service and the vehicle will suffer. I was hoping my first experience was just a coincidence, but the second time proved me wrong. The first time the vehicle was in terrible condition. The dash plastic was shattered and the car was clearly abused and the second time the usb ports didn't work and the brake pedal rubber was missing & your foot could clearly slip off. And I'm sure like most rental car companies they try to get you to pay a daily fee for tolls and I declined. What I didn't notice was the $15 administrative fee they charge me for the one toll I incurred.

I only became aware of that this second time, when I was charged $90 in administrative fees which the salesperson never mentioned. Of course, they will say it's all in the agreement you sign hastily when you're trying to get your rental and get out of there. Three things these service people can tell you AS A COURTESY and most don't! 1 - You can go to a store and buy a toll pass to avoid all of this! 2 - Never listen to them when they say you can return it empty because their gas is always more expensive! 3 - Your own car insurance WILL cover you while renting, but if you're concerned, check before you go.

Original review: May 6, 2022

When checking into O’Hare Airport desk, I was told I could not drive the rental car to Michigan which was our destination. Only contiguous states are authorized for driving range. I have never encountered such a ridiculous contract term and moved my business to Budget Rental Car.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Took trip to San Fran. Arranged for rental vehicle through Expedia at what I thought was a deal. Arrived at airport, had to go outside to catch mini van that took us to rental location where we were provided with a SUV that looked and sounded as if it was taken out of the junkyard. While there we were asked if we wanted to prepay the gas and tolls for the week which we agreed to and 1 month later we rec a bill for 2 tolls and administrative fee because the customer service rep who wrote up the original agreement was new and did not process the paperwork correctly. DO NOT bother with this rental location or FOX RENT A CAR to save a couple of dollars. You get what you pay for I guess.

Fox Rent A Car Company Information