Need a good rental car company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.15/5

1004 Fox Rent A Car Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I booked a car online for my visit in Arizona. During my booking I didn't realized, that I selected the wrong month. When I arrived and the guy at the counter told me I booked the wrong month, I feared I had to pay a higher price. But he managed to get me the same deal even the date was completely wrong (4 months in the past). The deal was very good, because in the glove compartment of the car was a receipt of a previous renter with a higher price. The return was without any problem and I received my deposit 2-3 days later.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Okay, I booked a car from Fox before I read every review on the internet. The price was very good and location was also close to the airport LAX. After I booked, then I read all the reviews. Then I canceled my booking due to very bad review on Fox. I was afraid to take a chance because I would be traveling with my 2 kids and wife from Indonesia. I didn't want my family to get disappointed: long flight from home for 3 weeks vacation in LA.

So googled again regarding reasonable price for my purpose: full size SUV with unlimited mileage. I couldn't find better deal than FOX. So what the heck, I took my chances by hoping the review on the internet was all wrong. I proved it right: Internet reviews were all wrong about FOX. Service at the counter was fast even though the line was long (due to Christmas and New Year Holiday), I got perfect condition full size SUV as I expected, things were fast. I enjoyed my 2018 holiday and the car. Maybe I was lucky or maybe not. But to find better deal during holiday, FOX is the best. Thank you FOX at LAX.

Get expert buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

In LV, NV, it is about 15 mins off site from the name brand companies. No problem; it is just a 2nd shuttle ride away. I thought I rented a Toyota, and when I arrived, I could choose any vehicle from aisle #2 (3 silver Kias; 3 silver Hyundais). The staff was efficient & plain. The company assets are worn & plain, but work. The rental cars are plain. My overall experience was ok & I got what I paid for: #cheap.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Fox has promised to email my receipt the last two times I rented. Still waiting days later. Tried calling-still waiting for a call back after 45 minutes. Tried chat...no one available. Fox has lots of rules to beware of. Cars have been scraped, dinged, broken taillights. Time for a new car agency I think.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I made an online reservation in the United States to pick up and use the car in Mexican territory. When I get to pick up the car I was told that the vehicle I had rented no longer existed, that I had to make a new reservation. But that would be with another company (MEX Rent a Car). The reservation I had made with Fox was 5 dollars per day and for the new company (MEX Rent a Car) was 35 dollars per day. Be careful in booking or accepting promotions from Fox or MEX Rent A Car. The worst service of ** (supervisor) Fox Rent A Car or MEX Rent a Car Cancun-cun Aeropuerto Intl. De Cancun Carret Cancun Chetumal km 22 Cancun QR 77565 tel: +523341708243. Rfc ** siem **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Rent A Car?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

In short: The checkout process took over two hours with one person at the desk and about 20 of us waiting for cars. The car was older, 40K+, and filthy inside. We used a blanket to cover the rear seat. Tires out of alignment and a bump/rattle in the rear wheels. When checking in I forgot my glasses and when I returned to find them the car was already rented again and they had thrown my glasses in the trash. A worker "found" them and returned them to me as I was filling out a lost/found form. Not a good experience. I'll pay a little extra next time and choose a different company.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Returned from a Miami cruise on a Saturday morning and needed a rent a car in a pinch. Another member in our group recommended Fox Rent A Car so made the reservation, caught the bus to the airport and then Fox's shuttle to their airport off site location. A very industrial area, but not an issue for me. Made my way to the counter w/in 10 minutes of arrival and began the "read and initial/sign everything" from a cellphone sized tablet. Knew beyond a shadow of a doubt I opted for the Plate Pass toll option for $8.99 because there is NOWHERE in South Florida one can drive without using a toll road. (Unless you live there, know ALL the back roads and don't travel very far.)

After payment was made, $150 hold + $30 rental [$7 was the rental amount and the difference $23 was taxes, fees & other charges (I assumed)], the agreement was printed and handed over for proof of the rental. Didn't pay attention at the time, but the entire middle section of the agreement was BLANK. Apparently, this is where only what you agree to is printed. Returned the car 24 hours later and flew back to NC.

As promised, the $150 was refunded back to my card a few days later and all was well... So I thought. Two Weeks later I received a bill from Fox Rent A Car for $47.74 (3 tolls totaling $2.74 and $45 in administrative fees). Called to find out why my Plate Pass did not take care of this and was told I clearly declined the Plate Pass option (visible ONLY from their screen) and it was my responsibility to read the blank printed copy of the agreement. Can't support a business that operates like this. First and last time I used Fox Rent A Car for my car rental needs.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I tried corresponding with a customer service agent and that was awful. I booked using Expedia and reserved a Jeep Compass or similar. When we arrived it was almost 10:00 pm, ALL vehicles in our class that we reserved were a Hyundai or a Mitsubishi, which in my opinion are not even close to comparable to a Jeep, a total downgrade. I mention the time we arrived as it was late, and there wasn't much I could do with this and just had to take a car so we could get on our way. We went through the 10-12 cars there we could choose from and none were up to my standards. They were dirty on the outside, the inside, and had bad smells.

The one we got was the cleanest on the outside, but had the worst wet dog smell. In addition to that the service required light kept popping up! The customer service agent is unwilling to do the refund I requested, offered a credit of 25.00 and we have no Fox near us. She is also under the impression we were offered and received an upgrade. No idea where she got that information. We were not, we were given a Hyundai and that is nowhere near a Jeep.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

To whom it may concern; My RA# **. On arrival to the counter after long flight and long wait line, the clerk named Mohammad forced me to get RLP even after I showed the copy of my personal auto insurance. He falsely informed me that it is mandatory to buy in California. He did not serve me until I bought it. Next day (6/19/2019), I contact the office and complained to a person whose name is Josep. He said I have to return to the LAX office and change the contract. I told him that I would drop off the car at the San Francisco Airport and correct there. He told me that I have to come to LAX office. So, I had to changed my plan to go to San Francisco and returned to LAX. I met Mr. ** (senior Counter Manager) and he promised me that he would credit for the charges of RLP ($223.84) plus drop off charge ($236.02) in 2 2 weeks. It was July 4, 2019. I have not receive any credit, yet. I demand you to refund of $459.86. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Stay away! Two hour wait. No cars available. I don’t mean our class of vehicle. I mean no cars. When I did get one, I had to turn around and return it. Not safe to drive. Both rear tires damaged, dents and scratches all over, smelt like cigarettes. Second car not much better. No supervisor or manager available at location (Seattle) or on phone with customer service. Can’t say enough bad about this company. This site makes me give them a star. If I could give a negative star I would.

Fox Rent A Car Company Information