Fox Rent A Car

Compare Rental Cars

Research top Rental Cars recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! They make you put a $150.00 deposit down, tell you it won't be charged to your card and then it is!! They also did not ask my husband and I if we were married and assumed we were not, charged us an extra $50 for an additional driver when their policy clearly states... "Additional drivers must meet all qualifications as the primary driver in regards to age and license requirements. Additional drivers are not permitted when using a debit card or cash as payment at the time of rental. Charges for Additional Drivers - USD/10.00 to USD/10.99 per day per additional driver. There is no charge: (1) at California locations, (2) for the renters spouse, same-sex spouse, or domestic partner or for the companion driver of a renter with a disability who cannot operate the vehicle."

At first we were told it's because our last names aren't the same and then we were told it was because our addresses didn't match. WE JUST GOT MARRIED!! What if I didn't want to change my name! You can't have a policy and then change it depending on circumstances. Please hear my warning and DO NOT RENT from this company. They steal your money and have HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE customer service.

I would never recommend Fox rent a car. We never had one and we rented recently in Seattle, WA and PHX, AZ due to their economical rate. However their service is so poor and reps are very rude. During Dec 2016, our flight arrived late at night in PHX and when we arrived at rental car location to get the car there were only one agent to help and there was a long line. He was working so slow that he didn't wanted to help people to get their car quicker.

After waiting in line for about 45 mins he sent half of the line downstairs where there was another long line. We had to wait almost 2.5 hours to get the car. After we got the car, it was dirty from inside and water was dripping outside since they washed the car recently. Please beware of them, I will never ever rent a car through them even though their price is super low. They are bad company and people. Be away from them. I am giving one star since it won't let me pass otherwise. They don't deserve even one.

Got to the airport early to pickup car. Went to the rental counter and they tried to add on everything in charges but the kitchen sink. I explained I didn't need all of those extra upsells and the girl at the counter kept trying to sell me more. She then wanted to give me a "fun" car and I explained I needed the car that I ordered due to functionality. I was on business, not there for fun. Finally went to go get the car and had to wait close to an hour because there weren't any cars in the type I requested. They only had "fun" cars available. Then they found one I needed and had to clean it first and it took even longer. Finally they bring the car and it is covered in dents and dings. We insisted that they walk the car and make sure they note all of the dents and dings in the car.

I only had that car a day when the tire was going flat. I called them to let them know and I had to wait on the phone 2 hours before I could speak to a live person. I waited and then ended up being transferred to the same line on which I held onto for 2 hours and finally I get an agent. His name was Robert and he tells me to take the car with the low tire pressure to the gas station and pay to get it fixed. I said that was not going to happen, I said for him to send somebody out. He said, "No we won't do that" and he doesn't know where I am located and then he said, "Drive on the flat tire back to where I got the car". I said, "No, please send somebody to fix it" and he said no again. He then told me he wasn't even in the same state (which I find very odd). He said he was in Oklahoma and he wouldn't give me to a supervisor when I asked for somebody else.

He said call another number which he proceeded to give me and it wasn't the right number. I ended up calling back again and was on hold again until I got Robert again! I got nowhere with this person again and he was very rude and I filed a complaint to Fox. That was over a week ago and I still got no results or nobody contacted me from Fox. So I drove over to Fox the next day on a flat tire and praying that it didn't totally go out. I get there and they only had a few cars - I worked with Gama who was the nicest person and very helpful. But he explained he had only limited SUVs available and said the one he had had over 30,000 miles on it. It also had every dent, ding and badly damaged rear section of the car. I said, "I don't care. I'll take the car as long as the tires aren't flat."

The Fox Rental cars are in terrible condition and apparently they don't care. I have never seen such terrible cars! Gama said they will make note of all of the damages and I should not worry. The best part of this horrible experience is that when I return the car at 4:00 AM before it was due to be back. The guy who is there to take the car back his name is Robert! He definitely wasn't in Oklahoma and it appears to be too much of a coincidence. He also proceeded to give me a hard time about all of the dents, dings and damages. I said, "Pull your records, you gave me this car in this condition and it was all marked on the forms when I came in to get the 2nd car." I had to argue with him first before he would let me leave. He tried blaming me for the crappy car they gave me and the dents, dings and damages. I proceeded to tell him that Gama helped us and this car was already full of dents, dings and damages.

He then signed off on the form and let me go on my way as I had an early flight. This is the worst rental car company ever! Do not go to them because they don't have the cars you request and try and sell you extras and also try to get you to take cars that you don't want. It would be kind of hard to take a "fun" car when I had luggage and boxes to put in the car. I will never go to them again! Rent elsewhere! When they say cheap cars they mean CHEAP cars!

Reserved a rental thru Southwest Airlines when booking flights. Arrived in Phoenix from Eastern Time zone at 9:00 local time (midnight at home). Very tired and foggy after a full day of travel. Waited in line 2 hours at Fox rental counter. Was given no info about rental until all screens were signed and credit card was processed. The size car I reserved at $341 was not available, and I was upgraded to the next size for over $500. Car was filthy, and had damage on several panels. Learned a lesson - don't choose the cheapest rental from the matrix. Classic bait & switch.

While I was returning my vehicle to Fox Rent A Car on April 25, 2017, 9:32 am, at the Oakland California location, I was standing next to the car I was returning talking with the employee checking in my car upon returning it. I had just handed her the keys, which she had asked for. The driver's side door was open and that is where I was standing when a car backed up and into me, hitting me in the hip and the shoulder. I had a family member with me who witnessed everything. I said to the employee, that car just hit me, she said yes it did. I felt my hip and shoulder were sore and I could walk and move so I walked to the front passenger window and looked in. The window was up, the driver refused to open the window or acknowledge me in any way. I said, "Dude you hit me." No response. At all.

The employee got my attention and said she would refund me the amount of $335.37 which was the cost of the rental. I said, "Yes that would be a good idea." She also said She couldn't print that for me though because her machine wasn't working. I believe I was in shock as I didn't know what to do and no one asked if I was OK or if I needed help.

When I returned to my family member's home I noticed an email from them stating there was no refund of any sort even my deposit. I checked with my bank and as I write this on May 1, 2017 I have not been refunded any monies from Fox Rent A Car. I called customer service and five hours later after speaking with numerous "customer service and claims" people I found out that the driver of the car that hit me is the manager at this location. He stated, to my family member, "I was waiting to see if She needed medical attention or an ambulance." He then said he didn't hit me.

The other employee now states it never happened, regarding, me getting hit by a car while standing next to her and her acknowledging that when the car hit me. I have been to a medical professional. I have never heard from the manager at this location or the regional director who was supposed to handle this situation. I don't know if I am supposed to say names but I sure can as I have everyone's name that was there. There is supposed to be an incident report yet I have never been given a copy, remember their machines weren't working.

I travel for my business, I have rented cars all over the United States. I have never been treated with such disregard and complete incompetence. Fox Rent A Car how dare you not take responsibility when one of your customers is hit by a vehicle owned by you and driven by your representative. What happened to integrity or just plain concern for another human being that you have hurt physically.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Rent A Car?

Almost a year ago I rented a car from Sea-Tac Airport. I put a $150 deposit down because at the time I was under 25. This was supposed to be put back on my card, but about 11 months later I still haven't seen this money. I have made numerous calls, sent emails. Employees only respond to calls and they state that I will be refunded in 4-6 weeks. DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY! They are frauds trying to steal our money! I'm going to have to file a lawsuit to get this money back.

I made a reservation for a Camaro convertible almost 2 months before my niece's wedding. A week before the wedding I called to confirm my reservation. I was told I would have a Camaro convertible reserved on April 28th. When I arrived the person at the counter said the only car available was a Dodge Caravan. The Camaro convertible part of the wedding. I will give the counter person credit in that he did make phone calls and it wasn't his fault that the car wasn't available. I had to go to Hertz and pay more for the car. It was part of the wedding so I had no choice but to pay the extra money. Fox offered a better price but didn't come through for me. In the future I will stay with Hertz or Alamo. They've never let me down the way Fox did. I won't go to Fox Car Rentals again.

I was renting a car at San Francisco Airport. What a bad experience! Stay away from this company! At the desk guy, his name was Nick, told me that the only option to pay tolls was to buy plan from Fox for $50.00. Otherwise I would pay toll plus $90.00 penalty each time I use Golden Gate Bridge. He never explained I could pay tolls myself using the website. He also "advised" to prepay full tank of gas so I could return a car with a quarter of tank gas. I agreed and signed on small screen not really being aware what I signed. Paper hard copy agreement with signatures is produced after signing.

A week later when returning a car they told me I need to pay $48.00 penalty because tank was not full! At this moment I looked very closely at agreement. It was my mistake I did not do that a week before, but I was tired after 6 hours flight from NJ and did not expect someone could lie so badly!!! I realized why he lied about toll plan being $50.00. I was renting for 7 days, their plan is $11.49 a day. That makes about $80.43 total which is close $50.00 plus $32.00 for full tank gas, for which I actually did not pay!

I spoke with manager, he charged me $32.00 for gas and waived $48.00 fee. He saved me $12.00 but he even did not mention about other fees and did not apologize. When I called Customer Service and explained that I could pay tolls for crossing 3 times Golden Gate Bridge myself they told me that "It's possible you could have used toll roads/bridges which you were not aware being toll roads because they were not marked. In such case you would have to pay penalties." I asked why California would be so different than NJ or NY where all tolls are marked with signs and there are no "hidden" tolls. Her response was that she does not live in California. Now I fully understand why the name their company Fox or FOX.

Do not use this company to rent a vehicle. They have the worst customer service. We rented a 12-passenger vehicle for a recent trip. Due to flight delays with weather issues we were going to be late picking up our vehicle. They told me I could no longer have the vehicle, that I had already rented and paid for in full. But they would use the money that I had paid to rent a similar vehicle but now that vehicle was going to be double the cost I originally paid. I spoke to multiple people in customer service and was told there was nothing they could do. I was not able to get a refund or the vehicle. They didn't care or honor their agreement. It was robbery.

We had a terrible experience with Fox at SFO airport in January, and I would warn anyone away from them. We go to California every year to see family and usually rent with other companies, but got a surprisingly good deal with Fox via RentalCars.com. This should have been a clue. When we arrived at the rental car counter there was a two-plus hour wait for a car, and it was three hours total before we drove away with our car, which really compromised our vacation plans for our first day. Plus, the car we got wasn't fully cleaned. We were headed for Southern California later in the week and paid for PlatePass for our entire eight-day trip, and Fox ASSURED us that PlatePass covered The Toll Roads in SoCal.

Three months later I received a notice of violation from The Toll Roads for two tolls and $200 in penalty fees. After three days of phone calls and getting the runaround from everyone, I was finally told by Fox that PlatePass does not cover The Toll Roads in SoCal, and that they knew about this problem in the SFO office. I was eventually able to get Fox to refund my toll amount of $12.72, since they lied and told me that PlatePass should cover it, but they didn't care about the $200 in penalties that The Toll Roads were charging me. I was able to get The Toll Roads to lower my penalties to $40 after explaining the rental car situation to multiple people, but despite multiple correspondences with Fox, I have no hope of getting that $40 reimbursed. Avoid this company if at all possible, they have been terrible to deal with at every turn.

After a 2 hour wait in line at 1:30 am, we finally were at the counter. The representative had me sign various screens, but provided no information about what I was signing. We got our "upgraded" car, as they had run out of the one I reserved to find out there was no room in the trunk. There was nobody around to help us, so we stuffed the luggage in the backseat. We made do, and were just going to chalk it up to a bad rental car experience and vowed not to ever use Fox again. However, I then received a bill for a toll. First of all, I only used the HOV 2+ lane, and the signs said HOV 2+ no toll. When I called the Fastrak, they said there was no record of a toll on my license plate, but Fox is billing me for the $1.50 toll plus a $15 admin fee.

Customer service at San Francisco airport. I have been charged more than a double for the car rental that I originally booked through the Priceline. Priceline was no help. I drove 32 miles on the car and being charged for gas $36 dollars. Also for a rental car they charged me $134 dollars for two days. The car was a Nissan Versa automatic without power windows and locks with 44k miles on it. Horrible experience. Will never rent from them again. Also the car a lot of damage on it.

I booked an SUV through rentalcars.com reference number **. I called Fox Rent A Car on February 16, 2017 and spoke to Irad, after being on hold for close to one hour who ASSURED me that there would be an SUV available to me and if there wasn't the type that I reserved I would be upgraded at no additional charge. When I arrived at SFO on February 19, 2017, I was greeted by Maira who told me that there wasn't the type of SUV that I reserved, there was only ONE FORD EXPLORER in the fleet and I had to take that car. She told me that I would be charged $70 a day for the car, inclusive of all taxes, for a total of $420.00. I asked for a supervisor, I was told there wasn't any around. I asked her to honor my conversation with Irad, she handed me back my drivers license and told me to look elsewhere for a car since she will no longer help me.

With my back against the wall, three kids and a disabled husband, along with multiple pieces of luggage, we took the car, again asking if the $70/day was INCLUSIVE of all charges. She said yes and processed my card. The box that shows what the customer is signing is minute. As in close to 3 inches wide. There is no conceivable way someone can scrutinize what they are signing and compare rates with no ability to see what they are reading in its entirety. More so, she was very curt and short with me and was rushing me. Upon taking the car, I began to look at the receipt and immediately called Fox Rent A Car again. No one answered the phone. I called again on Monday, February 20, 2017. Again, I sat on hold for close to one hour with no one answering my call.

I rented online through Fox. Did they tell me that the company I was getting my car from would be called Easirent? NO. Was the Easirent shuttle marked clearly? NO, not at all. Did I receive something to actually read before signing? No. I was told I had to put a £30,000 deposit on a credit card if I wished to rent from them. I don't have that high a limit on my credit card! Instead of pre-printed well thought out info, the agent wrote many letters and numbers down that meant very little to me after being awake for 21 of the past 24 hours.

The long and short of it is they charged me an additional $400 more than what I reserved the rental for! I had purchased rental insurance through a local agency, and Fox/Easirent wouldn't even look at it! They just basically said, "Tough **, you have to buy ours." It took them nearly an hour to go through that and get the car. The car! It's the most banged up, scratched, cracked and broken thing you'll ever see from a rental company! Someone tried to kill this car! I don't even think my totaled car looked as bad as this one does!! DO NOT USE FOX CAR RENTAL!!!

Rented car from Fox in Fort Lauderdale. Usually no problems. Long story short, I arrived a few hrs. after my pickup time (weather delayed flights) and I was told my deal (through Economy Car Rentals) had expired. I also had made a down payment. Agent said not to worry. Gave me "free" upgrade to larger vehicle. That should have piqued my interest a bit more. I already had a full sized reserved. Anyway, after returning car and getting deposit back, my $178 car deal was now $554. Manager said he would look into it. Agent also told me I HAD to pay for insurance. I have NEVER had to pay for insurance. Make sure you ask all pertinent questions and never assume anything from this business.

Fox car rental in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida (2016) and same at San Francisco Airport (2017) tried to scam me in several ways. Ft. Lauderdale electronic tolls for highway and San Francisco tolls for bridge. Both instances were result of Fox lying, cheating, misrepresentation -- What they tried to do is illegal. Also, in San Francisco they tried to double the original Travelocity contract price. Travelocity was no help. I am refusing the extra charges with my credit card company and won't pay any of the charge until Fox agrees. I have an 819 credit score and am not worried about any resulting credit card fallout. Fox appears to be across-the-board scoundrel.

I am a foreigner from Singapore traveling to USA for holiday in Nov 2015 and rented a car from Fox Rental. I felt realised that I was cheated with all the unnecessary insurance and charges which the salesman Mr. ** told me it was mandatory. Attempt to call him before leaving USA was futile. While back in Singapore, I wrote to them but they never call or write back. I will advice all my friends to avoid this company.

I was overcharged $150.00 on my car rental after a horrible Fox car rental experience from Orlando International Airport in Florida on Mar. 13, 2017. I cannot get this problem fixed, via website, phone, email, live chat or any other means. No one ever answers the phone, not while you are in car, not after, not while enduring hold times of 40 minutes at a time. The "Live Chat" so-called service will not help either. This company has very few employees or very uninformed ones, and is incompetent to do business. I never intended to actually rent a car from them, but while booking a trip with Travelocity, a demonic diversion app took my reservation for a mainstream good car rental company and dumped it without my knowledge into a reservation from Fox. I recommend that everyone avoid this company, which has extremely bad service.

Arrived in the Miami FL location to find a lobby full of unhappy people from waiting (the line was out the door). Finally after an approx 45 min wait I'm told the reserved car is unavailable. Being somewhat aggravated now, I choose another option which is now more $ because I wanted to leave, had to wait again for them to confirm they even have this vehicle. This choice now also unavailable & aggravation level is at the peak. I have been here for over an hr now. I said "please just give me a compact car." I'm informed the price of $127 is nonrefundable no matter what vehicle I rent. Option 4 now took even longer again finding out if the vehicle is even available. I'm now out the door, waiting for said car to be cleaned. No one goes over the (POOR) condition of this car so having rented many times I make sure this is noted on my contract BEFORE driving away.

The antenna for the radio is completely missing, try to listen to a radio without one? You're not. The windows in the rear of the convertible didn't even go up all the way and this car was very poorly cleaned. Got to my destination and the drop off rental place said they couldn't even believe the condition of this car I paid $127 to rent! I would not ever return to that Miami location but the Ft Lauderdale one was a 180 degree difference and would possibly consider going to this location but it wouldn't be the 1st choice in rentals. I am suggesting that anyone reading explore your options 1st. I rented the exact same car a week before at Budget and this was hands down a 100% better condition, kept up, and more of the luxury options vs the basic at Fox rental.

My husband and I rented a car in Vieux Fort Airport in St. Lucia in March 2017 thru EXPEDIA. This was our 6th time of renting a car in the Caribbean, but the first time with Fox. Our car was an older model Mitsubishi Lancer. The pick up at the airport went smoothly, but after driving the car 1 1/2 hours to the resort, we noticed that the left front tire was low on air. Closer inspection showed that 3 of the 4 tires had belts showing on them. We had to put air in the front tire, 3 times during our weeks stay. My husband is always extremely careful while driving and parking the car during the week and always washes and wipes it down before returning it.

When turning it in at the airport, the FOX representative, Celina, informed us that there was a 8" "scratch" on the front air dam (spoiler). My husband looked at it and said that it was a scuff mark that could easily be removed. Celina stated that this was not the case and informed us that we would have to write up a report and pay for the "scratch" to be removed. My husband took toothpaste and water and rubbed the scuff mark out while Celina argued with us. It was only after 30 minutes of my husband laying on the ground rubbing this scuff mark off that Celina finally agreed that we would not have to pay! This certainly was not the perfect ending to a perfect vacation. We have never experienced this type of "harassment" with any other rent a car company. We will not be renting from FOX in the future!

I was very disappointed with the vehicle we received from Fox. We specifically requested a Ford Explorer, which was advertised as their 7 passenger car. Upon arrival in Las Vegas, we had to take 2 shuttle buses to get to the business. Keep in mind this is 9:30 pm, there was a long line of about 10 customers, there were 2 clerks behind the desk. Each clerk was trying to up sale each person as they checked out, hence the long wait. By the time we had checked out we were offered a Mazda mdx, because we were told they were busy and had no Explorers left. To my knowledge, when a vehicle is reserved, it is not to be given to anyone else.

When we went to the parking lot to pick up the car, we were then given a Hyundai Santa Fe. Granted the vehicle was "7" passenger (tight). So me, my wife, and 3 daughters, piled 6 pieces of luggage and all of us in the car and headed to Kingman, AZ. The starter grinded the whole week we had the car, it was dirty and had several scuffs on the outside, which were noted before we left. Luckily the car ran ok while we had it for a week.

However, upon arrival back to Las Vegas for our return home, we stopped to have lunch on Flamingo Blvd. The car would not start when we finished lunch. My wife attempted to call the Fox car rental in Las Vegas, with no answer. The corporate office told us that it was up to us to use our insurance for roadside assistance. We ended up taking a cab from the restaurant back to the Fox, Las Vegas location. They did reimburse the cab fee with tip, we got full deposit back and they did not charge extra for the 1/8 of a tank that was missing. I really feel someone from the business should have sent another car to us to use for the rest of the day. By the time we took the cab I was ready to go to the airport and leave. My wife and kids felt the same way.

NEVER RENT FROM FOX CAR RENTAL IN JAMAICA. We arrived in Jamaica at the beginning of our vacation. We were shuttled from the Montego Bay Airport by a Fox Car Rental agent. Upon arrival at Fox Car Rental to process any necessary paperwork and provide payment, the clerk now explained we must deposit $500 plus the daily cost of the vehicle, so we complied. It then took them 2 ½ hours to process and get the paperwork and car ready. Then finally, getting ready to drive off the lot, "Wait sir, the car doesn’t have insurance and we can’t locate the boss, but you can take the car and if the cops stops you, just have them call this number?"

The young lady had no clue what she was doing, she doesn’t know her supervisor's number but suggested that I could still drive the car with no insurance or any other paperwork. We refused, and after another hour and half, they offered another car, the second very old car broke down less than a mile from the car rental office. This was the worst place I have ever conducted business, I am mad as hell and worst off, the lack of concern on their end. NEVER RENT FROM FOX CAR RENTAL IN JAMAICA.

We rented a midsize car from Ft. Myers and we dropped it off in Tampa 5 days later. When we picked up the car, the girl told us it was all set to go. We've rented enough to know that you ALWAYS check out the vehicle before you take off. The first thing we noticed was front bumper damage. As we walked around the car, the rear bumper was scratched and there were a few dings on the side. We went back in to get the employee who noted the damage on our contract. I'm sure we would've been responsible for that damage when we returned the car. Soon after we got on the interstate, the tire pressure light came on for the front passenger tire. We were going to a wedding in Sarasota so we didn't have time to turn around and take it back so we drove it on to our destination.

That evening, the tire had lost even more pressure. The car had 50,000 miles on it and the tires looked like the original ones as the treads were very worn. My husband also noticed that one of the tires had been plugged. The next morning we called Fox fully expecting them to bring us another car and we were told that we needed to take it to Firestone and get it repaired!!! The tire pressure was down to 23 at this point. She said they could not bring another car. When my husband asked to speak to her manager or customer service, she said she would have to email them and they would contact us, which they never did. We took the car to Firestone and fortunately we had friends to follow us and bring us back. The guy at Firestone said we would have to pay for the tire and get reimbursed from Fox because he hated dealing with them because they were very difficult to deal with.

We went back to our condo and my husband found the customer service phone number on the internet. He spent a good part of his day talking to Fox and to Firestone about the tire. The guy at Firestone ended up replacing the tire and noted that all of the tires needed replacing due to the worn tread. The vehicle was at Firestone all day. The point of all of this fiasco is we had to spend our vacation time dealing with an issue when Fox could've just brought us another car and dealt with the issue on their own. They gave us 2 free days for the bad experience which amounted to $40. The guy at Firestone said Enterprise is the best place to rent from when you have an issue with the car because they take care of everything and you are not inconvenienced on YOUR vacation. Never again, Fox!

This feedback is for rental car picked up from SFO airport on 03/04 and returned at LAX airport on 03/07. For this trip, I was looking forward to get a convertible car even though it involved paying $200 drop off fees. If it would not have been a convertible, I would have only paid $100 drop off fee for a economy. I booked through Rentalcars.com. Since no one answers if you call their support number, I had a chat with your representative, who assured me that although I may not get the exact car I have booked (which I completely understand) but I will be getting the same class.

To my disappointment, at 2 AM at SFO I was told that no convertible is available. I asked to instead give me an economy car as I was not willing to pay hefty drop off fee for any other car. But the representative at airport told that only one car Dodge Challenger is available. I was left with no choice but take whatever I was given. When I asked for any contact number of manager of location, I was denied and told that I have to go through regular customer service.

I called next day, after 45 minutes of hold, someone picked up the call and they clearly refused to give any kind of discount on hefty drop off fee which I was only ready to pay for convertible. Customer service's argument was that they give me Dodge Challenger and it has same drop off fee. It is a logical question, what if I would have booked an economy and since this was the only car available at location (as per SFO staff) would have I paid $200 fee for drop off. Answer is "NO". I would have paid $100.

I was ready to go to location and switch before heading to LA if any economy car was available. But customer service had no idea if I will get a car if I go to airport again also, they offered to transfer the call to location saying they don't have any guarantee of someone will pick up and actually no one did. Basically, they wanted to me to interrupt my vacation and drive 30 miles to the airport just to check if they can give be any other car or the discount.

This was not enough, to my shock, after returning car and heading to airport, I noticed that SFO lady has charged me with a number of things I never asked. I clearly denied damage waiver stating that I will use the cover from credit card. I clearly asked her to remove $11 plate pass charge. My only mistake was at 2 AM in the morning after so much discussion over convertible car, I trusted the Fox Rental desk personnel and did not bother to recheck the rental agreement. Even with drop off fee, the total I was supposed to pay was $399 + $55 prepaid fuel + $20 roadside assistance which comes to be $475.

I can see in receipt that they have given me $47 discount of car price only, nothing on drop off fee, nothing on TAXES, which have been charged on original convertible charges. Even then, I ended up paying $573. Way more what I expected and not getting the car I booked for. I have previously booked with several rental companies including Dollar, Thifty, Avis. I am regular customer of Hertz and Enterprise. To be honest. This was the worst rental experience. Fox rental to my believe is just extracting money from customers by scamming them.

I was on a 4 day visit to Miami with family. The latin medium sized guy at Fox CLONED MY CARD and robbed me usd 1800. These guys are robbers... They charged me more than what they promised, did not give me part of my deposit for no reason and top of all cloned my credit card... STAY AWAY! from fox... They are really FOXY!! They are ROBBERS!!

I got my reservation done with Priceline, once I got there this front desk teller at Las Vegas from Fox rental said I couldn't rent the convertible because it had to be with a credit card only and with a deposit of 400.00 dollars, and if I used a debit card I had to present two bill copies (water bill)/2 bill proof of address that matched the debit card and that they will add a deposit of 300.00. I was not informed all this before I rented the car online. I didn't bring with me two bill proofs, I only carried my ID matching my debit card. He said he still needed two bill proof of address. The rude teller with a smile on his face said, "Ma'am if you are able to find a credit card at the very last moment you seem very suspicious." This man representing Fox Rentals was so unprofessional, rude! My ID's matched my debit cards, this people are not trained well, they are making the Fox rental look bad and lose money. I will never rent from this place.

I arranged for my daughter to rent a car at the Lihue airport location. Being only 21 and a first time renter, I did lots of research and was thorough on the exact costs she would expect. She went to the rental counter and was told she needed additional car insurance which was already covered by her credit card, which included unnecessary items such as roadside assistance etc. By the time she left the counter they had scammed her into almost $300 in additional charges. When I used the Fox online chat feature... I was told rates are subject to change. In addition when you call the Lihue location they never answer the phone and you're forced to play phone tag. Just a horrible experience and Fox clearly employs people with no scruples.

I recommend you use another rental agency. Long lines, additional charges (almost double what was disclosed at the time of reservation), bad customer service, non-disclosure, and just an overall bad experience. There was no problem with the car. I've rented from FOX before, and been good (the only reason I'm giving them two stars), but after this week, I will not go back. When I asked about the additional charges, they said that they were emailed to me when the reservation was made. Why would they not disclose these fees WHILE the reservation was being made? It makes absolutely no sense to me. Please do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.

I rented an auto in Las Vegas NV. First off they are off-site so you must take a second bus to the location where there is a long wait. Then you find out you need to purchase their rental insurance for a large fee ($200 for 9 days). Then you find out you must return the auto 55 minutes before it is due back or you are tagged with a large fee. The auto selection is poor and the auto had several large dings and scuffs. The inside had stains on the seats, very poor quality, not what you expect for the price paid. I think I would have done better with a larger national chain, they are not deal. Stay away from them and never book from a 3rd party site (Expedia etc.).

First I have rented from on at least 10 occasions and have an account on file. Since I rent with a debit card there are always certain requirements. Previously I was asked to have complete flight itinerary, I complied and car rented. On 3/7/17, same routine this time they wanted utility bill. I did not have access and do not own smartphone. I asked them to take larger deposit said they had to follow policy. My profile is on file, same address, phone number and other information. 11:00pm in Los Angeles no car. Walked to several other rentals, no cars or $$$$$. Got a return flight home $$$$$. I had to rent room $$$$$. Bad experience that could have been avoided with a little customer service.

Fox Rent A Car Company Profile