Fox Rent A Car

Compare Rental Cars

Research top Rental Cars recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Customer service at San Francisco airport. I have been charged more than a double for the car rental that I originally booked through the Priceline. Priceline was no help. I drove 32 miles on the car and being charged for gas $36 dollars. Also for a rental car they charged me $134 dollars for two days. The car was a Nissan Versa automatic without power windows and locks with 44k miles on it. Horrible experience. Will never rent from them again. Also the car a lot of damage on it.

Rented car from Fox in Fort Lauderdale. Usually no problems. Long story short, I arrived a few hrs. after my pickup time (weather delayed flights) and I was told my deal (through Economy Car Rentals) had expired. I also had made a down payment. Agent said not to worry. Gave me "free" upgrade to larger vehicle. That should have piqued my interest a bit more. I already had a full sized reserved. Anyway, after returning car and getting deposit back, my $178 car deal was now $554. Manager said he would look into it. Agent also told me I HAD to pay for insurance. I have NEVER had to pay for insurance. Make sure you ask all pertinent questions and never assume anything from this business.

Fox car rental in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida (2016) and same at San Francisco Airport (2017) tried to scam me in several ways. Ft. Lauderdale electronic tolls for highway and San Francisco tolls for bridge. Both instances were result of Fox lying, cheating, misrepresentation -- What they tried to do is illegal. Also, in San Francisco they tried to double the original Travelocity contract price. Travelocity was no help. I am refusing the extra charges with my credit card company and won't pay any of the charge until Fox agrees. I have an 819 credit score and am not worried about any resulting credit card fallout. Fox appears to be across-the-board scoundrel.

I am a foreigner from Singapore traveling to USA for holiday in Nov 2015 and rented a car from Fox Rental. I felt realised that I was cheated with all the unnecessary insurance and charges which the salesman Mr. ** told me it was mandatory. Attempt to call him before leaving USA was futile. While back in Singapore, I wrote to them but they never call or write back. I will advice all my friends to avoid this company.

I was overcharged $150.00 on my car rental after a horrible Fox car rental experience from Orlando International Airport in Florida on Mar. 13, 2017. I cannot get this problem fixed, via website, phone, email, live chat or any other means. No one ever answers the phone, not while you are in car, not after, not while enduring hold times of 40 minutes at a time. The "Live Chat" so-called service will not help either. This company has very few employees or very uninformed ones, and is incompetent to do business. I never intended to actually rent a car from them, but while booking a trip with Travelocity, a demonic diversion app took my reservation for a mainstream good car rental company and dumped it without my knowledge into a reservation from Fox. I recommend that everyone avoid this company, which has extremely bad service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Rent A Car?

Arrived in the Miami FL location to find a lobby full of unhappy people from waiting (the line was out the door). Finally after an approx 45 min wait I'm told the reserved car is unavailable. Being somewhat aggravated now, I choose another option which is now more $ because I wanted to leave, had to wait again for them to confirm they even have this vehicle. This choice now also unavailable & aggravation level is at the peak. I have been here for over an hr now. I said "please just give me a compact car." I'm informed the price of $127 is nonrefundable no matter what vehicle I rent. Option 4 now took even longer again finding out if the vehicle is even available. I'm now out the door, waiting for said car to be cleaned. No one goes over the (POOR) condition of this car so having rented many times I make sure this is noted on my contract BEFORE driving away.

The antenna for the radio is completely missing, try to listen to a radio without one? You're not. The windows in the rear of the convertible didn't even go up all the way and this car was very poorly cleaned. Got to my destination and the drop off rental place said they couldn't even believe the condition of this car I paid $127 to rent! I would not ever return to that Miami location but the Ft Lauderdale one was a 180 degree difference and would possibly consider going to this location but it wouldn't be the 1st choice in rentals. I am suggesting that anyone reading explore your options 1st. I rented the exact same car a week before at Budget and this was hands down a 100% better condition, kept up, and more of the luxury options vs the basic at Fox rental.

My husband and I rented a car in Vieux Fort Airport in St. Lucia in March 2017 thru EXPEDIA. This was our 6th time of renting a car in the Caribbean, but the first time with Fox. Our car was an older model Mitsubishi Lancer. The pick up at the airport went smoothly, but after driving the car 1 1/2 hours to the resort, we noticed that the left front tire was low on air. Closer inspection showed that 3 of the 4 tires had belts showing on them. We had to put air in the front tire, 3 times during our weeks stay. My husband is always extremely careful while driving and parking the car during the week and always washes and wipes it down before returning it.

When turning it in at the airport, the FOX representative, Celina, informed us that there was a 8" "scratch" on the front air dam (spoiler). My husband looked at it and said that it was a scuff mark that could easily be removed. Celina stated that this was not the case and informed us that we would have to write up a report and pay for the "scratch" to be removed. My husband took toothpaste and water and rubbed the scuff mark out while Celina argued with us. It was only after 30 minutes of my husband laying on the ground rubbing this scuff mark off that Celina finally agreed that we would not have to pay! This certainly was not the perfect ending to a perfect vacation. We have never experienced this type of "harassment" with any other rent a car company. We will not be renting from FOX in the future!

I was very disappointed with the vehicle we received from Fox. We specifically requested a Ford Explorer, which was advertised as their 7 passenger car. Upon arrival in Las Vegas, we had to take 2 shuttle buses to get to the business. Keep in mind this is 9:30 pm, there was a long line of about 10 customers, there were 2 clerks behind the desk. Each clerk was trying to up sale each person as they checked out, hence the long wait. By the time we had checked out we were offered a Mazda mdx, because we were told they were busy and had no Explorers left. To my knowledge, when a vehicle is reserved, it is not to be given to anyone else.

When we went to the parking lot to pick up the car, we were then given a Hyundai Santa Fe. Granted the vehicle was "7" passenger (tight). So me, my wife, and 3 daughters, piled 6 pieces of luggage and all of us in the car and headed to Kingman, AZ. The starter grinded the whole week we had the car, it was dirty and had several scuffs on the outside, which were noted before we left. Luckily the car ran ok while we had it for a week.

However, upon arrival back to Las Vegas for our return home, we stopped to have lunch on Flamingo Blvd. The car would not start when we finished lunch. My wife attempted to call the Fox car rental in Las Vegas, with no answer. The corporate office told us that it was up to us to use our insurance for roadside assistance. We ended up taking a cab from the restaurant back to the Fox, Las Vegas location. They did reimburse the cab fee with tip, we got full deposit back and they did not charge extra for the 1/8 of a tank that was missing. I really feel someone from the business should have sent another car to us to use for the rest of the day. By the time we took the cab I was ready to go to the airport and leave. My wife and kids felt the same way.

NEVER RENT FROM FOX CAR RENTAL IN JAMAICA. We arrived in Jamaica at the beginning of our vacation. We were shuttled from the Montego Bay Airport by a Fox Car Rental agent. Upon arrival at Fox Car Rental to process any necessary paperwork and provide payment, the clerk now explained we must deposit $500 plus the daily cost of the vehicle, so we complied. It then took them 2 ½ hours to process and get the paperwork and car ready. Then finally, getting ready to drive off the lot, "Wait sir, the car doesn’t have insurance and we can’t locate the boss, but you can take the car and if the cops stops you, just have them call this number?"

The young lady had no clue what she was doing, she doesn’t know her supervisor's number but suggested that I could still drive the car with no insurance or any other paperwork. We refused, and after another hour and half, they offered another car, the second very old car broke down less than a mile from the car rental office. This was the worst place I have ever conducted business, I am mad as hell and worst off, the lack of concern on their end. NEVER RENT FROM FOX CAR RENTAL IN JAMAICA.

We rented a midsize car from Ft. Myers and we dropped it off in Tampa 5 days later. When we picked up the car, the girl told us it was all set to go. We've rented enough to know that you ALWAYS check out the vehicle before you take off. The first thing we noticed was front bumper damage. As we walked around the car, the rear bumper was scratched and there were a few dings on the side. We went back in to get the employee who noted the damage on our contract. I'm sure we would've been responsible for that damage when we returned the car. Soon after we got on the interstate, the tire pressure light came on for the front passenger tire. We were going to a wedding in Sarasota so we didn't have time to turn around and take it back so we drove it on to our destination.

That evening, the tire had lost even more pressure. The car had 50,000 miles on it and the tires looked like the original ones as the treads were very worn. My husband also noticed that one of the tires had been plugged. The next morning we called Fox fully expecting them to bring us another car and we were told that we needed to take it to Firestone and get it repaired!!! The tire pressure was down to 23 at this point. She said they could not bring another car. When my husband asked to speak to her manager or customer service, she said she would have to email them and they would contact us, which they never did. We took the car to Firestone and fortunately we had friends to follow us and bring us back. The guy at Firestone said we would have to pay for the tire and get reimbursed from Fox because he hated dealing with them because they were very difficult to deal with.

We went back to our condo and my husband found the customer service phone number on the internet. He spent a good part of his day talking to Fox and to Firestone about the tire. The guy at Firestone ended up replacing the tire and noted that all of the tires needed replacing due to the worn tread. The vehicle was at Firestone all day. The point of all of this fiasco is we had to spend our vacation time dealing with an issue when Fox could've just brought us another car and dealt with the issue on their own. They gave us 2 free days for the bad experience which amounted to $40. The guy at Firestone said Enterprise is the best place to rent from when you have an issue with the car because they take care of everything and you are not inconvenienced on YOUR vacation. Never again, Fox!

This feedback is for rental car picked up from SFO airport on 03/04 and returned at LAX airport on 03/07. For this trip, I was looking forward to get a convertible car even though it involved paying $200 drop off fees. If it would not have been a convertible, I would have only paid $100 drop off fee for a economy. I booked through Rentalcars.com. Since no one answers if you call their support number, I had a chat with your representative, who assured me that although I may not get the exact car I have booked (which I completely understand) but I will be getting the same class.

To my disappointment, at 2 AM at SFO I was told that no convertible is available. I asked to instead give me an economy car as I was not willing to pay hefty drop off fee for any other car. But the representative at airport told that only one car Dodge Challenger is available. I was left with no choice but take whatever I was given. When I asked for any contact number of manager of location, I was denied and told that I have to go through regular customer service.

I called next day, after 45 minutes of hold, someone picked up the call and they clearly refused to give any kind of discount on hefty drop off fee which I was only ready to pay for convertible. Customer service's argument was that they give me Dodge Challenger and it has same drop off fee. It is a logical question, what if I would have booked an economy and since this was the only car available at location (as per SFO staff) would have I paid $200 fee for drop off. Answer is "NO". I would have paid $100.

I was ready to go to location and switch before heading to LA if any economy car was available. But customer service had no idea if I will get a car if I go to airport again also, they offered to transfer the call to location saying they don't have any guarantee of someone will pick up and actually no one did. Basically, they wanted to me to interrupt my vacation and drive 30 miles to the airport just to check if they can give be any other car or the discount.

This was not enough, to my shock, after returning car and heading to airport, I noticed that SFO lady has charged me with a number of things I never asked. I clearly denied damage waiver stating that I will use the cover from credit card. I clearly asked her to remove $11 plate pass charge. My only mistake was at 2 AM in the morning after so much discussion over convertible car, I trusted the Fox Rental desk personnel and did not bother to recheck the rental agreement. Even with drop off fee, the total I was supposed to pay was $399 + $55 prepaid fuel + $20 roadside assistance which comes to be $475.

I can see in receipt that they have given me $47 discount of car price only, nothing on drop off fee, nothing on TAXES, which have been charged on original convertible charges. Even then, I ended up paying $573. Way more what I expected and not getting the car I booked for. I have previously booked with several rental companies including Dollar, Thifty, Avis. I am regular customer of Hertz and Enterprise. To be honest. This was the worst rental experience. Fox rental to my believe is just extracting money from customers by scamming them.

I was on a 4 day visit to Miami with family. The latin medium sized guy at Fox CLONED MY CARD and robbed me usd 1800. These guys are robbers... They charged me more than what they promised, did not give me part of my deposit for no reason and top of all cloned my credit card... STAY AWAY! from fox... They are really FOXY!! They are ROBBERS!!

I got my reservation done with Priceline, once I got there this front desk teller at Las Vegas from Fox rental said I couldn't rent the convertible because it had to be with a credit card only and with a deposit of 400.00 dollars, and if I used a debit card I had to present two bill copies (water bill)/2 bill proof of address that matched the debit card and that they will add a deposit of 300.00. I was not informed all this before I rented the car online. I didn't bring with me two bill proofs, I only carried my ID matching my debit card. He said he still needed two bill proof of address. The rude teller with a smile on his face said, "Ma'am if you are able to find a credit card at the very last moment you seem very suspicious." This man representing Fox Rentals was so unprofessional, rude! My ID's matched my debit cards, this people are not trained well, they are making the Fox rental look bad and lose money. I will never rent from this place.

I arranged for my daughter to rent a car at the Lihue airport location. Being only 21 and a first time renter, I did lots of research and was thorough on the exact costs she would expect. She went to the rental counter and was told she needed additional car insurance which was already covered by her credit card, which included unnecessary items such as roadside assistance etc. By the time she left the counter they had scammed her into almost $300 in additional charges. When I used the Fox online chat feature... I was told rates are subject to change. In addition when you call the Lihue location they never answer the phone and you're forced to play phone tag. Just a horrible experience and Fox clearly employs people with no scruples.

I recommend you use another rental agency. Long lines, additional charges (almost double what was disclosed at the time of reservation), bad customer service, non-disclosure, and just an overall bad experience. There was no problem with the car. I've rented from FOX before, and been good (the only reason I'm giving them two stars), but after this week, I will not go back. When I asked about the additional charges, they said that they were emailed to me when the reservation was made. Why would they not disclose these fees WHILE the reservation was being made? It makes absolutely no sense to me. Please do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.

I rented an auto in Las Vegas NV. First off they are off-site so you must take a second bus to the location where there is a long wait. Then you find out you need to purchase their rental insurance for a large fee ($200 for 9 days). Then you find out you must return the auto 55 minutes before it is due back or you are tagged with a large fee. The auto selection is poor and the auto had several large dings and scuffs. The inside had stains on the seats, very poor quality, not what you expect for the price paid. I think I would have done better with a larger national chain, they are not deal. Stay away from them and never book from a 3rd party site (Expedia etc.).

First I have rented from on at least 10 occasions and have an account on file. Since I rent with a debit card there are always certain requirements. Previously I was asked to have complete flight itinerary, I complied and car rented. On 3/7/17, same routine this time they wanted utility bill. I did not have access and do not own smartphone. I asked them to take larger deposit said they had to follow policy. My profile is on file, same address, phone number and other information. 11:00pm in Los Angeles no car. Walked to several other rentals, no cars or $$$$$. Got a return flight home $$$$$. I had to rent room $$$$$. Bad experience that could have been avoided with a little customer service.

Avoid this place. Long lines to check in even with a prepaid reservation. Cars are not ready to drive out even after the long wait. One and half hours later they try to give us a car with a flat tire but said they would put air in it. Really! Why did it go flat! Looking for another vehicle but must find the keys first. Now they need to wash and clean it too. This place should close.

I will never rent with Fox Rent a Car. The girl at the counter was HORRIBLE, rude, actually mad I didn't upgrade, buy insurance or buy the Sun Pass for each day. I showed her insurance card, told her I was driving to one destination and staying. Never had someone so snotty, roll her eyes, snap her gum and on and on. I tried to be nice, it was Valentine's Day. I said, "How nice pretty flower." The people in the lot were nice, the check out guy was nice but Customer Service was HORRIBLE.

I made reservations through Expedia a week before I went on vacation. My reservations for car was confirmed, however when I got to my destination (Costa Rica), on 2/19/17, a Fox representative showed up at the airport and told us there were no cars available. What's the point of making a reservation? Never again.

When I picked up my car there were problems from the start. Which included the wrong car, and trying to change the car I was renting from a hero Cherokee to a minivan. I didn't notice a problem till I started putting my daughter’s car seat in the car. It had a odd smell, but I just thought oh well this will last until we reach her father then we will use that car seat. I left the airport and then I figured out what the smell was. My stupid rental car smelled like marijuana. I was so mad. My daughter was in the car with me and she has severe allergies.

As soon as I reach our hotel I called Fox rental to complain, the lady her name was Lauren on the phone was helpful and said I wasn't very far from Oakland I could drive my car there, and exchange it. So then I drive to Oakland Airport, well I did and after driving an hour they told me it would be an hour wait and I wasn't guaranteed a car since I rented from SFO. I was so frustrated. So me and my husband decided to try to let it air out and spray it with spray. We didn't have a choice but to deal with it until I flew out on Tuesday. This was the worst experience for me and my family. My daughter had to use her nebulizer for an asthma attack midway thru the trip. Never again will I use this horrible company.

Fox Rent a Car Ft Lauderdale Fla. worst nightmare - I had a prepaid rental agreement. I should have known that something was wrong when You had to pay upfront?? When I got there, there were 3 people in front of me at 9PM. We waited for the one agent at the counter for 3 hrs. Three more agents were in the back room but wouldn't come out. Got going at midnight. I paid for a jeep and got a small Kia Sportage, way too small for my disabled Husband. They brought out the Sportage, it was wet and I inspected it and saw nothing damaged.

The next morning I found 3 dings in the passenger door, that I was sure I would be responsible for. We planned on a long road trip some of which was down to the Florida keys. We were in Hollywood Florida when I locked my keys in the car. I tried to call their roadside assistance and got a recording, did that for hours. Finally was told to call a locksmith at my expense. I figured it was several miles to Fox rental car at the Ft Lauderdale airport to get an extra key for the 2016 Kia Sportage. It cost me $50 round trip for the cab only to be told they didn't have extra keys. They said to call a locksmith. All while my disabled Husband stood by the car to make sure it wasn't ticketed or towed. I got back and called a locksmith who charged me $550.00 to make a new key and remote.

When I talked to Fox later, they said I should have paid for roadside assistance. I wasn't even offered that option??? All of this took over 6 hrs and $600 later. Needless to say I hope my ranting will help someone else not make the same mistake I did, an expensive lesson. I just Thank God this didn't happen in the Florida Keys, we would still be there??? When I brought the car back they said it wasn't completely filled and that I owed them $5.00 a gallon. I said I just filled it 1/2 mile ago. They were going to charge me and that's it. They take a $150 or more deposit on your CC when You get the car?? I would say this is literally highway robbery and there is not much you can do about it but just warn the public about them!!! SAD!

We rented a car from the Salt Lake City on February 19th, the shuttle bus picked us up right away. As we went to a offsite pickup we stood in line for over 1 hour. They only had two people helping out at the counter. It was very frustrating. Our agent did give us a brand new car which was very nice. On the return of bringing the car back the line was out the door. We were able to check out but it took about 45 minutes to check out. Luckily we had plenty of time for our flight. I would highly recommend not using this company to save a little money and not have the aggravation of waiting.

At the Tampa location, when picking prepaid car, they insisted I had to pay $150 more for minimal liability coverage. After saying 3x that I prepaid in full and refused to pay any more, the agent said the magic words, "OH, SO YOU DECLINE" the additional coverage. On then did he relent. Most renter's personal auto insurance covers this liability as do many credit cards. By the way, the car had a big hole in the carpet near the driver's gas pedal foot and only when I strenuously insisted, would they make a tiny dot on a pre-rental inspection form. CHECK ALL PARTS OF THEIR CARS VERY VERY CAREFULLY and get damages clearly notated. NET: it is a hassle renting from FOX and rent from them only if you are willing to deal with it to save a good amount.

They were great from the pickup at the airport to the drop off at the Customer Care center to checking out the car I reserved and not trying to sell me anything extra like insurance, GPS or any extras. But they were super courteous and friendly and helpful. And when I returned the car two weeks later it was the same.

Rented a car on 2/8 from FLL location. Drove to Pt. St. Lucie. The car would not start the day we were heading back to the FLL airport. Called the location they said they would come get the car and bring another one. 2 hours later they still had not left the FLL location!! My brother had to drive us to the Airport so we wouldn't miss our flight. In the interim they came and picked up the car and charged MY CARD OVER $400!!! We are on the phone with them as I type for over 2 hours! Tried to track down corporate office in LA... nothing!!

I was charged $76 for a half gallon of gas. I topped it off 30 miles from airport. Was told I would be charged for a gallon of gas... surprise! I was told I drove the car 800 miles and I should have 3-4 receipts to show I had put gas in it. I drove it less than 300 miles and filled up once and topped off prior to return. I had receipt for top-off but not the fill. This is crazy. There were additional charges as well. One star as the vehicle was nice and not its fault that Fox is crooked.

I rented a van from Fox Rental Car at San Jose Airport. It had some dents and I went through them with the lot attendant making sure they were listed. Upon returning I went through the list with the lot attendant. There were no new dents. Now a month later I received a letter that they are pursuing me for damages. I can't think of a way that would be worthwhile to fight it. My word and three others against some vague corporate entity. Sleazy. I will go elsewhere and pay for a car without dents.

My sister and I planned a trip to the grand canyon and Sedona and booked a rental car from Fox Rent A Car company through Expedia, which we planned on driving from Las Vegas and returning in Phoenix Arizona. We were hoping to enjoy a nice drive from Las Vegas on our way to the grand canyon, after which we were doing to make our way to Sedona and finish off in Phoenix. All went according to plan except for the rental car. In my attempts to cut the cost of my trip, I booked a car rental reservation with Fox Rent A Car, because they were offering the best rate for the type of car we wanted, which was a SUV cross over. They were offering a Kia Sportage for $14.89 per day, whereas their competitors were offering the same type of car for twice as much. I should have suspected that this deal was too good to be true, but I figured that this car rental company must be reputable as they are listed on Expedia. Wrong!!!

Our troubles began the moment we arrived. Firstly, this rental car company takes you off site from the airport miles away, so there are no other options once you have arrived. Our problem was that we needed to get to the Grand Canyon by 11 pm, otherwise the hotel was going to give away our room as they were booked and our flight was delayed by 2 hours, so we had about 4 hours to get to the grand canyon and we didn't have a choice at this point. The representative at the Las Vegas office informed us that we were charged a drop off fee of $189.85 and that we were being charged $150 renter's fee. When we asked what the fee was for, he simply said that it was policy and that the money would be returned to our account within 2-5 days of this transaction.

The representative also stated that he felt that the drop fee was excessive and that it was being imposed by the Phoenix branch and suggested that we discuss the matter with them and hopefully they can reduce the fee. But at this point, we had to pay this fee in order to get the car. And given our time sensitive situation, we were forced to take the rental car. I spoke to a representative from Expedia the following day about this matter of hidden fees that were not indicated during the booking process. The Expedia representative attempted to get a hold of someone at Fox Rental Car but was unsuccessful after multiple attempts. We were told to follow up in a few days, as Expedia attempted to get hold of them again.

On arrival to Phoenix, where we dropped off the vehicle and spoke to the representatives at Fox Rent A Car, who informed us that the Las Vegas branch imposed the drop off fee and they could not help us with it. The representative also stated that the drop fee was excessive and when I asked about the breakdown of the drop off fee, she informed me that I was charged a daily rate for the rental car within the amount estimated for the drop off fee in addition to the daily rental car rate. Nice!! She informed me to contact the customer service department in order to discuss a partial refund for being overcharged. The Phoenix representative stated that if I had rent this same car from Phoenix for a drop off in Las Vegas I would not have been charged this excessive amount. She even warned me that I should just call the customer service department instead of dealing with Las Vegas branch as they will give me the run around.

Well she was right about getting the run around but she was wrong about the customer service department, as they were the worst part of the experience. Not only was I overcharged with an excessive drop off fee which was more than twice the cost of the rental car, but I was also charged a $150 fee, which was supposedly being refunded to me, but which never happened. The customer service representatives were the worst I have ever dealt with. They were ignorant and refused to admit any wrong doing. The representative attempted to explain to me that I received a discounted rate for the drop off fee because I booked it with Expedia and that I should have been charged $200. So basically I should be happy with that discounted rate and I should basically shut up!!

After a few minutes of a pointless conversation, I requested to speak to her manager and she reluctantly transferred me to the “so called manager” who never answered. I was able to leave a message. I called back twice and one customer service representative hung up on me and the other transferred me to a nonfunctional number.

I called Expedia in my frustration and spoke to a customer service representative, who was also able to reach someone at Fox while I waited on the phone. The Expedia representative notified me that he discussed the hidden fees with Fox Rent A Car agents and stated that the $150 fee was stated on their contract and that it was not in line with the usual practices of other well known and reputable rental car companies such as Enterprise, Avis and Alamo. In fact, he was not aware of any other companies charging this fee and he was not able to receive a good answer for the reason for the fee. He informed me that he told them that this was inappropriate and the Fox representative assured him that I would be refunded this amount.

The Expedia representative was also alarmed at the fact that they had not processed my refund even though I was charged on 1/30/17 and it is now 2/6/17. He also informed me that I was not going to be refunded the full amount of $150 but instead $149.71 and he was not sure why. I subsequently contacted the Fox Rent A Car customer representative about this discrepancy because now I am pissed. Not only was I overcharged an excessive drop off fee, but I was charged a bogus $150 fee for which I don’t know what and they have not refunded my money and now I hear they are not even refunding the full amount. It's 29 cents but now it is the principle of it. I used a very harsh tone with the representative, but at this point, I didn’t care because I was dealing with crooks and they didn’t care so why should I?

I demanded a full refund including my 29 cents and I demanded to know the breakdown for the drop off fee and why it was so excessive. I informed the customer representative, that not only was Fox Rent A Car service a disgusting company but they were criminals who advertised cheap rate but overcharge in hidden fees. They were cold and rude on the phone and that they had no customer service expertise. I informed them that I will be taking the matter further as I will receive my refund and the matter of this drop off fee will not be dropped by me until I received a satisfactory response. I was told the manager who call me back.

About 2 hours later, someone name Samir called me back and stated that his “manager” asked him to call me back. WOW!!! So I have yet to hear from the manager about this matter. Samir then proceeded to try to explain the various fees. He literally said that the $150 fee was “JUST IN CASE MONEY” Say WHAT!! When I asked what does that mean, he said that they charge this fee just in case someone doesn’t return the car when expected they have this money just in case. JUST CASE YOU DECIDE TO RUN OFF WITH THEIR BUSTED KIA SPORTAGE!! These people are losers!! I said to him everyone else charges the necessary fees when that situation happens and not before. Basically Fox Rent A Car uses false advertising to get customers.

They are located away from the airport so that they have a captive audience, then they charge you multiple hidden fees, such as a bogus $150 fee, you know "JUST IN CASE" which they promise to refund and I have this in writing yet I am still waiting for my refund and they don't plan on a full refund. They will even try to take any amount they can get which includes 29 cents. And they charge excessive rate for drop fees and think that they are not accountable for their actions once you signed the contract. I scolded the representative on the phone and informed her that I am entitled to arbitration or a hearing in small claims court. We have rights as customers and we deserve more than this. I have called my credit card company to dispute the charges and to prevent Fox from charging anymore bogus fees to my card, as they have done to other customers.

I will also be notifying the Better Business Bureau as well as writing reviews on every travel and customer service website I can find. Fox Rent A Car is a scam and they are liars and thieves. They charge hidden fees like just in case money. JUST CASE YOU DECIDE to RUN OFF with their BUSTED KIA SPORTAGE!! These people are losers!! STAY away from FOX rental car!! GO with real professions like ENTERPRISE!! And Enterprise will pick you up and you don't have to take a ghetto shuttle to some ghetto off site location, where you will be ripped off by liars!!

They try to guilt you into getting more insure coverage from them, even though I told them I paid for the extra coverage online when I ordered the rental car. I thought they were not even going to let me out of the building and told me my coverage from online was not enough & the wrong kind of coverage.

Fox Rent A Car Company Profile