2. Travel
  3. Rental Cars

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.68/5

Need a good rental car company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Need a good rental car company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Fox Rent A Car Reviews

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Second time I rent a car from this company while travelling to the Dominican Republic. Note that this review if for the locations in Punta Cana and Santiago. The aforementioned were great. They picked us up at the airport, gave us a great deal on two cars and dropped us off at our hotel, after we had ended our 3 day rental with them. Their service was excellent. I will continue to rent from them whenever I am in the country and will definitely recommend to friends/family.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

The Fox rental at Kennedy airport was a good experience. The van picked us up, a good car was waiting for us. The car was washed & clean. I recommend them to anyone looking for an inexpensive car rental at the airport.

Get expert buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I booked a car online for my visit in Arizona. During my booking I didn't realized, that I selected the wrong month. When I arrived and the guy at the counter told me I booked the wrong month, I feared I had to pay a higher price. But he managed to get me the same deal even the date was completely wrong (4 months in the past). The deal was very good, because in the glove compartment of the car was a receipt of a previous renter with a higher price. The return was without any problem and I received my deposit 2-3 days later.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Steer clear of this place. Rented a Jeep Wrangler in Fort Myers Fla. The car was filthy. I finally had to go and buy paper towels and Windex to clean the windows. I could not see out at night. They billed me for gas even though I filled the tank. The check in people tried to steal another customer's cell phones ahead of me and denied it. With all the rental places to choose from... choose another!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Worst rental car company ever. First, I plugged in my flight for FLL, and it booked me a car in Miami. That made no sense. They told me no refunds, even though I called a minute after booking due to the error. After MANY phone calls, they let me re-book it at FLL. They told me AND send me an email that they are off site, so I would not have wanted to use them. However, when I showed up to the airport, I Was pleasantly surprise that they were on site. Still, I was SO stressed about lugging my kids and family through the airport and shuttle to get the rental car.

We had to wait in line for over 45 minutes to get the rental car. There were only 3 people in front of us. We had to wait at the exit as well. It was over an hour from when we first got in line until we could actually leave. Lastly, they took money from my security deposit ("only" $9) and wouldn't explain what it was from. They said there was nothing being taken from it but that they were only giving me back part of the deposit. I have receipts that I paid everything and there's no damage to the car. The person at the return couldn't explain it to me. She just told me to call. So I called - and as you guessed it, I had to wait on the phone for a while. I am STILL waiting to talk to someone. Save your time and money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Rent A Car?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I flew in from Columbus, Ohio to San Antonio, Texas. I was offered a upgraded car for $10 total. I asked the girl at the counter if it was truly only $10 one time fee and she assured me it was. I look today at my invoice and see I was charged $10 a day. I call the 1-800 number that is shown on the invoice and the girl I spoke with was extremely rude and unprofessional. The girl was of no help and when I asked to clarify she got a attitude. I will be reporting this to the BBB. I would not recommend.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Booked with Fox. Received the wrong car. I booked a Hybrid and they did not have any. Complained that I did not receive what I asked for and they said there was nothing that could be done. Finally they offered a store credit of $50 that you really cannot use. I just tried using it and they told me I could not use it for any payments other than very specific types of bookings. I really am fed up with this company. Called dozens of times. Emailed hundreds of times. No one can help. They all use the line "there is nothing I can do."

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

We flew into Salt Lake City airport at night and it was 2 hours before we left with the rental car. Must have only 1 shuttle. It was full when we arrived at the pick up site at the airport. Waited 25 minutes for it to return. Long line at rental counter. Very slow process. Rental agents were unconcerned about customer service. When we finally got the keys to the car, we had to de-ice it, inspect it in very poor lighting.

The car itself was ok. The return process was terrible. There was no one to check the car in. Went inside and were told there was a lady checking the cars in. She was nowhere in sight. Went back inside and they said she must be on break. They told us to leave the key in the car and she would email us our statement of charges. Over 24 hours later we received the statement with higher charges than expected charge codes that were not explained. There are hidden fees. They charge you to turn a car in early. The man behind us in the car line said to be sure and take pictures or a video of the car. He was charged for 2 pet hairs found in the car and he didn't have any animals in the car. We will not rent from Fox Rental Cars again. The pricing my look good on the front end, but the hidden charges and the time involved is definitely not worth it!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Run, don't walk away from this place. We arrived in Denver, were shuttled to the FOX rental car facility and waited in line for two hours only to be told they would not honor our prepaid reservation. We were offered a small, dirty two wheel drive economy car as a substitute for the 4 wheel drive SUV we had reserved. Staff is poorly trained, defensive and without basic knowledge of vehicle inventory. There were actually several vehicles matching our reservation in the lot but staff said "we don't have any keys". It was clear that this company operates under a bait and switch strategy, offering low rates that they never intend to fulfill.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Fox Rental at SkyHarbor Airport, Phoenix lied to me at Rental counter. Agent asked me if I wanted prepaid fuel for $27.00. My contract stated $2.97-$66.52. (The car I rented was Toyota Corolla max fuel tank 13 gallons.) In my ignorance of car rentals I thought that was a deposit. They billed me $3.05=$67.05 for the gas. For a 13 gallon tank. Ripped me off. That’s $5.25 a gallon. Don’t rent from Fox nobody was nice about fixing this. They hung up on me. Basically, too bad for me!

Not sure about Fox Rent A Car?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Rental Cars for you.

Fox Rent A Car Company Information