Fox Rent A Car

Compare Rental Cars

Research top Rental Cars recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

They were great from the pickup at the airport to the drop off at the Customer Care center to checking out the car I reserved and not trying to sell me anything extra like insurance, GPS or any extras. But they were super courteous and friendly and helpful. And when I returned the car two weeks later it was the same.

Rented a car on 2/8 from FLL location. Drove to Pt. St. Lucie. The car would not start the day we were heading back to the FLL airport. Called the location they said they would come get the car and bring another one. 2 hours later they still had not left the FLL location!! My brother had to drive us to the Airport so we wouldn't miss our flight. In the interim they came and picked up the car and charged MY CARD OVER $400!!! We are on the phone with them as I type for over 2 hours! Tried to track down corporate office in LA... nothing!!

I was charged $76 for a half gallon of gas. I topped it off 30 miles from airport. Was told I would be charged for a gallon of gas... surprise! I was told I drove the car 800 miles and I should have 3-4 receipts to show I had put gas in it. I drove it less than 300 miles and filled up once and topped off prior to return. I had receipt for top-off but not the fill. This is crazy. There were additional charges as well. One star as the vehicle was nice and not its fault that Fox is crooked.

I rented a van from Fox Rental Car at San Jose Airport. It had some dents and I went through them with the lot attendant making sure they were listed. Upon returning I went through the list with the lot attendant. There were no new dents. Now a month later I received a letter that they are pursuing me for damages. I can't think of a way that would be worthwhile to fight it. My word and three others against some vague corporate entity. Sleazy. I will go elsewhere and pay for a car without dents.

My sister and I planned a trip to the grand canyon and Sedona and booked a rental car from Fox Rent A Car company through Expedia, which we planned on driving from Las Vegas and returning in Phoenix Arizona. We were hoping to enjoy a nice drive from Las Vegas on our way to the grand canyon, after which we were doing to make our way to Sedona and finish off in Phoenix. All went according to plan except for the rental car. In my attempts to cut the cost of my trip, I booked a car rental reservation with Fox Rent A Car, because they were offering the best rate for the type of car we wanted, which was a SUV cross over. They were offering a Kia Sportage for $14.89 per day, whereas their competitors were offering the same type of car for twice as much. I should have suspected that this deal was too good to be true, but I figured that this car rental company must be reputable as they are listed on Expedia. Wrong!!!

Our troubles began the moment we arrived. Firstly, this rental car company takes you off site from the airport miles away, so there are no other options once you have arrived. Our problem was that we needed to get to the Grand Canyon by 11 pm, otherwise the hotel was going to give away our room as they were booked and our flight was delayed by 2 hours, so we had about 4 hours to get to the grand canyon and we didn't have a choice at this point. The representative at the Las Vegas office informed us that we were charged a drop off fee of $189.85 and that we were being charged $150 renter's fee. When we asked what the fee was for, he simply said that it was policy and that the money would be returned to our account within 2-5 days of this transaction.

The representative also stated that he felt that the drop fee was excessive and that it was being imposed by the Phoenix branch and suggested that we discuss the matter with them and hopefully they can reduce the fee. But at this point, we had to pay this fee in order to get the car. And given our time sensitive situation, we were forced to take the rental car. I spoke to a representative from Expedia the following day about this matter of hidden fees that were not indicated during the booking process. The Expedia representative attempted to get a hold of someone at Fox Rental Car but was unsuccessful after multiple attempts. We were told to follow up in a few days, as Expedia attempted to get hold of them again.

On arrival to Phoenix, where we dropped off the vehicle and spoke to the representatives at Fox Rent A Car, who informed us that the Las Vegas branch imposed the drop off fee and they could not help us with it. The representative also stated that the drop fee was excessive and when I asked about the breakdown of the drop off fee, she informed me that I was charged a daily rate for the rental car within the amount estimated for the drop off fee in addition to the daily rental car rate. Nice!! She informed me to contact the customer service department in order to discuss a partial refund for being overcharged. The Phoenix representative stated that if I had rent this same car from Phoenix for a drop off in Las Vegas I would not have been charged this excessive amount. She even warned me that I should just call the customer service department instead of dealing with Las Vegas branch as they will give me the run around.

Well she was right about getting the run around but she was wrong about the customer service department, as they were the worst part of the experience. Not only was I overcharged with an excessive drop off fee which was more than twice the cost of the rental car, but I was also charged a $150 fee, which was supposedly being refunded to me, but which never happened. The customer service representatives were the worst I have ever dealt with. They were ignorant and refused to admit any wrong doing. The representative attempted to explain to me that I received a discounted rate for the drop off fee because I booked it with Expedia and that I should have been charged $200. So basically I should be happy with that discounted rate and I should basically shut up!!

After a few minutes of a pointless conversation, I requested to speak to her manager and she reluctantly transferred me to the “so called manager” who never answered. I was able to leave a message. I called back twice and one customer service representative hung up on me and the other transferred me to a nonfunctional number.

I called Expedia in my frustration and spoke to a customer service representative, who was also able to reach someone at Fox while I waited on the phone. The Expedia representative notified me that he discussed the hidden fees with Fox Rent A Car agents and stated that the $150 fee was stated on their contract and that it was not in line with the usual practices of other well known and reputable rental car companies such as Enterprise, Avis and Alamo. In fact, he was not aware of any other companies charging this fee and he was not able to receive a good answer for the reason for the fee. He informed me that he told them that this was inappropriate and the Fox representative assured him that I would be refunded this amount.

The Expedia representative was also alarmed at the fact that they had not processed my refund even though I was charged on 1/30/17 and it is now 2/6/17. He also informed me that I was not going to be refunded the full amount of $150 but instead $149.71 and he was not sure why. I subsequently contacted the Fox Rent A Car customer representative about this discrepancy because now I am pissed. Not only was I overcharged an excessive drop off fee, but I was charged a bogus $150 fee for which I don’t know what and they have not refunded my money and now I hear they are not even refunding the full amount. It's 29 cents but now it is the principle of it. I used a very harsh tone with the representative, but at this point, I didn’t care because I was dealing with crooks and they didn’t care so why should I?

I demanded a full refund including my 29 cents and I demanded to know the breakdown for the drop off fee and why it was so excessive. I informed the customer representative, that not only was Fox Rent A Car service a disgusting company but they were criminals who advertised cheap rate but overcharge in hidden fees. They were cold and rude on the phone and that they had no customer service expertise. I informed them that I will be taking the matter further as I will receive my refund and the matter of this drop off fee will not be dropped by me until I received a satisfactory response. I was told the manager who call me back.

About 2 hours later, someone name Samir called me back and stated that his “manager” asked him to call me back. WOW!!! So I have yet to hear from the manager about this matter. Samir then proceeded to try to explain the various fees. He literally said that the $150 fee was “JUST IN CASE MONEY” Say WHAT!! When I asked what does that mean, he said that they charge this fee just in case someone doesn’t return the car when expected they have this money just in case. JUST CASE YOU DECIDE TO RUN OFF WITH THEIR BUSTED KIA SPORTAGE!! These people are losers!! I said to him everyone else charges the necessary fees when that situation happens and not before. Basically Fox Rent A Car uses false advertising to get customers.

They are located away from the airport so that they have a captive audience, then they charge you multiple hidden fees, such as a bogus $150 fee, you know "JUST IN CASE" which they promise to refund and I have this in writing yet I am still waiting for my refund and they don't plan on a full refund. They will even try to take any amount they can get which includes 29 cents. And they charge excessive rate for drop fees and think that they are not accountable for their actions once you signed the contract. I scolded the representative on the phone and informed her that I am entitled to arbitration or a hearing in small claims court. We have rights as customers and we deserve more than this. I have called my credit card company to dispute the charges and to prevent Fox from charging anymore bogus fees to my card, as they have done to other customers.

I will also be notifying the Better Business Bureau as well as writing reviews on every travel and customer service website I can find. Fox Rent A Car is a scam and they are liars and thieves. They charge hidden fees like just in case money. JUST CASE YOU DECIDE to RUN OFF with their BUSTED KIA SPORTAGE!! These people are losers!! STAY away from FOX rental car!! GO with real professions like ENTERPRISE!! And Enterprise will pick you up and you don't have to take a ghetto shuttle to some ghetto off site location, where you will be ripped off by liars!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Rent A Car?

They try to guilt you into getting more insure coverage from them, even though I told them I paid for the extra coverage online when I ordered the rental car. I thought they were not even going to let me out of the building and told me my coverage from online was not enough & the wrong kind of coverage.

I recently have rented a car from Fox Rent A Car online. I rented for 26 days in istanbul. Before I got the car I called customer service and asked them about insurance. They told me all the cars are full covered so in case of an accident or any mechanical problems, I wont be responsible for it. This was what they told me. So jan 1st 2017 I picked the car at the airport in istanbul. The car that I got was all falling apart, filthy, and not running good. I just picked it up because I had 10 hours flight and wanted leave the airport as fast as I can.

A couple days later the car broke on me. I called them, told them the problem and requested another one. They told me I have to bring the car back to airport which was 2 hours driving where I stayed. I said "ok Ill bring the car." I drove 2 hours and got the airport. They gave a little better car. When I came back to home, before I parked the car the car tire got stuck and made grinding noise. I could not move the car. I called them again. They told me "when we gave you the car, the had no problem". Therefore I am responsible for cost of the repair. I said f word and got fixed the car. It costed me $100 to fix it. I know they wont pay me back. This was the last time I rent a car from them. Never, never, never rent again. IF YOU HAVE BRAIN DONT USE THEM. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE.

I rented a car from (Fox Rent-a-Car), I was looking for a cheap rental so I won't bothered by the appearance of the business or lack of polite employees. I had no problem receiving the car or returning it, or so I thought. Two weeks after the return I received an email stating that the car was involved in an accident and I was being charged for the damage. When I pulled in to the lot an employee inspected the car and told me to wait for the receipt, I did and I left, now this. I guess this is how they make their money. Suck you in with low prices and then screw you with a bogus claim. DO NOT GET SCREWED OVER BY THESE CRIMINALS!!! When I turned in the car, the employees were throwing a football around inside the building. Just to give you an idea of how professional they are.

They have poor service and product. Was very disappointed with our last rental in San Francisco because I was old that bridge toll charges would be $11/day and that we'd only be charged when we crossed the bridge as I went over 3 times but was charged for 5 days which the attendant guaranteed me.The charge ended up being $11.49/ day instead of $11 so we were charged $57.45. She said the only way we could pay otherwise was by phone only which I questioned her twice on.

I later found out you could pay $7.50 by credit card on the computer by day or days in advance with your license plate which she did not say was available.The car had over inflated tires showing 45 psi instead of recommended 35 psi. The two front tires were down to the wear bar on the tire and I felt that I was going to hydroplane in the very wet weather that weekend. The car had 62,000 miles and when I questioned the guy when I returned it about the performance he just said it was due for a maintenance and that was it.

The worst experience ever had relating to transportation on any vacation taken. In every aspect it was ridiculously unprofessional and just devastating for her to have to endure at the very first step into what was supposed to be a vacation. Financially tried to resubmit everything two more times and noticed only by a fluke thank goodness - and it was months later. An emotional cancer vacation journey for a daughter (disabled military vet) and mother (stage four cancer). A HEARTLESS COMPANY.

Don’t bother renting with Fox. I made a booking with Fox because they looked cheap for good cars. But then you get hit with so many fees they turned out more expensive than Enterprise. I received a dirty old Toyota Camry when for less from Enterprise I could of had a new Nissan Altima. After I returned the car later on I see on my credit card that I have been billed for tolls. My tolls amount to about $6 but with their admin fee I had to pay nearly $150.00. They never sent me an email to let me know this. I rent from Enterprise now and when I get the same tolls all they charge for is the actual toll bill which would be $6. I have phoned them and when you speak to them they just don’t care. I will never ever ever rent from them again and I suggest you don’t either.

Despite the fact that we reserved and fully paid for a minivan a week before our trip, when we arrived at the counter we had to argue with the company over the rate, and fight back to avoid add-ons (the counter person was quite angry that we would not agree to a larger car, extra insurance or prepaid gas). It was 10:15 p.m., there was no line, and we had a pre-paid reservation, but it still took 45 minutes to complete the transaction. They demanded a $123 deposit (which was never disclosed when we made our reservation through their website), telling us they would refund us $150 when we returned the car. We tried to get an explanation for this, but the answer was nonsensical.

When our paperwork was finally finished and the clerk finally found the keys (took him 10 minutes), we went out to our car (nearly 50,000 miles and quite banged up), only to find the "check engine" light was on and would not go out. When we asked about that, they said the mechanic would not return until 8pm the next night, so we could either take another car or live with the minivan. Since we were transporting our family of seven, and every other car rental place in the area was closed at this hour, we had no choice but to take a chance on the minivan.

We returned the car exactly on time, four days later with a half tank of gas per our rental agreement (it was rented to us with a half tank). We even washed the car before we returned it, having read reviews by prior customers who were charged fees for returning a dirty car. Several days later, we noticed a new charge on our credit card from Fox Rental Car for $46.97. Neither when we returned the car nor later were we ever notified by Fox of any additional charges owed, and we filed a dispute with our credit card company, who reversed the charge. Three weeks after returning the car, our $123 deposit still had not been returned, despite our calls to the corporate office.

When we finally got hold of someone in the office where we rented the car (no easy task, since they never answer the phone, or you get put on an automatic hold for 30 minutes and no one ever picks up), we were told the deposit would be kept since we returned the car two days late. This was absolutely false; fortunately, we had retained our check-in paperwork showing the date of return. After emailing it to the company, we were told the deposit would be returned. As of this writing, we are still waiting...

I am always up for a bargain (and this place was a whopping $260 cheaper than the next cheapest rental car company for our four-day rental). However, I would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER rent from this place again. The savings is not worth the risk that the car you rented will not be there, or will be unsafe to drive. Fox's online reservation system should tell you that you will have to leave a deposit (which you may not get back for weeks, if at all) and that you will have to dispute totally random and unsubstantiated charges. Stick with the named brands, unless you have the stomach to put up with this company's negligent (at best) and deceitful practices. I hope someone initiates a class action soon and puts this company out of business.

Like many others reviews, I arrived at SFO airport Fox car rental counter at around 10:15 PM. One agent on duty, four people in line, 1 hour twenty minutes to get car. My reservation was for a "premium four-door", they had none. They offered me a Mustang, (full size, two door) which was unacceptable because we would have four people to tour around town and the wine country. No credit or discount was offered for this downgrade. Then when I enquired, they did have a SUV four door but held me hostage to a 35% upcharge from my original booking. I believe this is the way they normally do business. Never again for these crooks.

We used Fox Rent A Car for our trip in Florida and WOW, I do not know how those people sleep at night. It looks as though you are getting an amazing deal until you actually go in and purchase your rented car. They will lie and say their "compact" cars are old and do not have automatic windows, no bluetooth, etc. which is all a scam to get you to upgrade. There are so many hidden fees, it cost double what we paid for our other car rental through another, much nicer company - Enterprise. DO NOT go with Fox Rent A Car, you will regret it and end up spending way more for horrible service.

The Fort Lauderdale car rental office discarded my online reservation made through Foxrentacar.com with the confirmed price. They charged me a higher price and created a new reservation because I picked up the car at 6pm instead of 12pm. They lied telling me that car should be picked up within 3 hours. The online reservation terms show it should be held for 12 hours. Then they forced me to buy rental insurance and refused to take an option of signing a waiver. They told me that my insurance will not cover $1M liability that they require on their policy. I was able eventually to sign a waiver by having my son on the phone who explained to them my rights.

They also charged my credit card extra $150 on top of the rental price and did not tell me about that. I only discovered that on my credit card statement. I changed my reservation terms and billing department told me I am due a refund of $390, which I will get at the location when I return a car. I asked to send me an email confirmation so I have proof of amount of refund due in case the liars at the car rental office do not process the refund. The billing department told me they have no way to send this information over to me. I was able to get the printout of my billing status and refund due only by posting to their Facebook page and sharing this message to the open public.

At 1pm today I requested an extension of rental time and received a quote for $240 confirmed through email showing the new return date of 1/22/2017. At 3PM I decided to make an extension and submitted request online. This time the price for the same period was $427. I called the extension department to find out why this happened. Guess what. The agent told me that online price shown in the morning was incorrect. If I were to pay $240 today I would owe additional $187 at the time of drop-off. So, ignoring price confirmed by email is a regular practice for this company. First they ignored my original reservation and now I was about to be charged $427 instead of $240 only because they have my credit card and can charge whatever they want.

We recently rented a car through Fox in Florida. First of all, the last thing you want to do after a long travel day is wait more. The car was not even ready. It was being washed and this was after we filled out all of the paperwork. The customer service representative up sold us on a toll pass. I asked him first how many tolls we would go through. I told him where we would be traveling to and from for our whole vacation. The toll pass was $70 and he said we would go through a lot of tolls in the Orlando area so it would be worth getting the pass. We went through 3 and each toll was $1.25 a piece. When I called to complain to customer service, they told me they could remove it, but we would be responsible for paying whatever tolls we went through at $15 a piece. They lied and trapped us to get $70 out of us. We will never use them again.

This was, by far, the worst retail experience I've ever had. It took the only two counter agents almost 2 hours to get me checked in and this was in the middle of the night. I arrived at the location at 1:20 am. I didn't leave the location until 3:15 am. At that, it only took me 10 minutes to get to my car and leave the lot. The entire time was waiting in line. This is beyond pathetic and no, they will never get my money again. This kind of wait time was unacceptable when they have giant signs bragging about 'unlimited miles of smiles' for their 'great' customer service. The counter agents didn't care but you could also tell that this location is horribly mismanaged. They should have had at least 3 more agents handling the check-in process.

Omg worst rental car experience EVER. Would rate zero stars if I could. Shuttle from Orlando airport dumped us at a packed office, where others said they've been waiting two hours for a car. 20-plus people ahead of us and two clerks. Never, never again. We are trying to book a car from a reputable company on our cell phone, while we wait. Only possible bright spot was our shuttle driver, Angel, nice guy! Overall -- STAY AWAY!

I booked a rental via car booking.com. I explicitly ordered a Jeep Cherokee so I could use the standard 4-wheel drive. I ordered a book now ahead of time, thus putting full payment down. I go to pick up my SUV at the SFO rental place. They inform me that no Jeep Cherokee are available even though I explicitly ordered the car paying full price ahead of time. They then inform me that the available options are a Rav 4 or a Jeep Patriot, neither of which are 4 wheel drive. I ask why my reserved SUV is not available. The man helping me was very nice but he was unable to answer my question. Instead he tells me his manager says that if I want the car that I thought I ordered, I had to pay an upcharge of TWICE what I paid originally. I was basically extorted money for Fox's lack of car supply. Either they didn't have the car they promised me or they knowingly mislead me on their listing.

I ended up having to pay the money for a Dodge Durango (full size - way bigger than I needed) because of lack of other options. I am so angry and disappointed by the switcheroo Fox did and vow never to use this rental company again. I also intend to write multiple negative reviews and inform my work and acquaintances never to use this rental service under any circumstances. In short, prepaid for specific car, wasn't available, gave underqualified substitutes, forced ridiculous pay increase to get what was originally advertised. Please do better than screwing people over.

To say this was a bad experience is a vast understatement. I can't give it a low enough score. The car was filthy and after we drove it less than 40 miles my husband noticed air going out of the front passenger tire. We looked in the trunk for a spare and there was nothing but styrofoam. We called the Roadside number and never got anyone to pick up. While my husband was on hold for roadside I was on hold for Customer Service. Both of us waited for over 45 minutes. Once customer service picked up he said "you can tell your husband to hang up. I also answer the phone for roadside and there's no one there."

He said he set up a tow truck to bring us a new car the next day and that they would call us first thing at 7 am to say they were on their way. He said he would credit us back the fee for roadside assistance and a day of use since we hadn't been able to use the car. The next morning at 7 am I waited for a call. By 8 am I had been on hold for over 45 minutes with customer service who said no one had set anything up and no one was bringing us another car. He said to call Roadside which of course we were also on hold for.

Once roadside finally answer (an hour later) they said they did show us calling the previous evening and didn't know they were supposed to bring out a new car. They didn't know what the big deal was. When I asked why there was no spare tire in the car the rep said they buy the cheapest cars and they don't come with spares. This isn't an explanation to me but rather a confession of guilt on their part of negligence. The rep said they would send out a new car with a towing company, gave us the name of the towing company and said that company would contact us when they were on their way. The towing company never called. I couldn't find a phone number for the company and I called AAA to verify the towing company, they said there was no such company.

About an hour and a half later a guy calls my cell and says he's outside our hotel with our car. He unloads the car. dumps the "new rental agreement' on the seat and leaves. We open the doors and this car is filthy. I mean filthy, I don't even want to sit on the seats dirty and trash everywhere, it was disgusting. At this point its way past 10 and we are late for our the party we flew in from Alaska to attend.

When I called them today (another long hold) to review our bill and discuss the service and condition of the car the 'customer service' agent was horrible. Said it wasn't her problem and we could contact 'someone' thru their website. She said she would refund us for the road side assistance, which is 10.00. That was already supposed to be reimbursed after the first phone call.

I cannot understand how with all these complaints there isn't a class action lawsuit going. This company needs to be put out of business. We need to do something before someone gets really hurt by them. Thank goodness my husband and I didn't get the flat on the freeway and we're stuck there for hours! These cars are so unsafe and this company is ripping everyone off. Why are we standing for this??? Do not rent from them! Even when they say they will do something correct they don't and they attack your credit card! They charge you for things you didn't agree on and getting them to refund isn't happening. I know they advertise through the third party sites like, Orbitz or whatever but don't fall for their scams.

I rented a car through Carrental8.com which was with Fox Rent a Car at the Miami Airport. I knew I was getting in after midnight but the contract said they are open 24 hours. Their facility is off premises so I needed their shuttle. When I landed I called for the shuttle and no one ever answered and the answering machine would not take any messages. I ended up having to spend an extra $400.00 and still Fox has never answered their phones. A typical case of if it seems too good to be true it probably is. I would stay as far away from Fox Rent A Car as I possibly could.

Beware when renting with Fox Rent A Car in Phoenix. Their agent Tommy acted fraudulently on a rental I did in December 2016. I told him no insurance and I would bring back full of gas. Being in a hurry, I quickly initialed the lines and proceeded to pick up the car. When I got in the car, the fuel gauge was not on full. I took a picture and went back to the counter where they noted it and said bring back at the same level. When I brought back the car I had to hurry to get to my gate, so I just dropped it off. Shortly I received an email with my invoice and I noted that I had been charged a $37.00 fee for fueling. I called the rental counter and was told that I had agreed to bring it back and have them fuel the car. Not so.

After getting nowhere with the counter person, I asked to talk with a supervisor. When I finally got one - her name was Ms **. She could have cared less that they had a person working the counter that was involved in fraudulent activity. She said she would forward my complaint to their customer service department. Unfortunately, it was a customer no-service department as I never heard from them. I am a frequent renter, and will never use Fox again.

I booked a car from Fox via Expedia for a trip I had in Cancun. I pre-paid and purchased insurance. When I got there, I was threatened and bullied into purchasing an additional $387 in insurance and was told that the insurance I had already purchased was no good in Mexico. I asked what if I didn't buy the additional policy and I was told if anything happened to the car, I would be detained and not allowed to leave the country until I paid $25,000 in cash. And if I could not pay that, I would be arrested and put into a Mexican jail. I essentially had no choice and paid the extra money. We drove to the hotel and parked the car and never touched it again for fear something would happen. Well when we were about to leave, the car would not start.

We called Fox at 11 a.m. and they said they could not come and help us until 4 or 5 pm. When I told them we would miss our flights, I again was told that if I left the car at the hotel for them to pick up, I would be abandoning the car and would be responsible to pay for the car in full. The hotel attempted to speak with them and FOX customer service hung up on the manager of the Riu Palace. It was a nightmare and honestly, my treatment was definitely illegal. I plan on pursuing this situation and I have several witnesses to how I was threatened and treated and coerced to paying a huge amount of money for a car I had for only 4 days. BTW the checkout process to get this car was over 2 full hours.

Had the car for a week, and over that time a minor vibration in one of the rear wheels became serious. The whole car shook at 35mph+. Took the car back and told the attendant "I'm an engineer with experience designing vehicle suspensions and I'm telling you there's something wrong with this car." The attendant said he'd have it looked after. Turns out I left something in the car and went back to the location about an hour after dropping it off. They had rerented the car, obvious mechanical problems and all, and it was gone (along with the item I left in the car, which they didn't find). I got a call a few days later from a Fox location several hundred miles away, saying that they'd found the item I left in the car, so I know it was there when the car was rerented. Bottom line: Do Not Rent From Fox Rent A Car.

Probably the worst customer service (or lack thereof) I've ever come in contact with. We will NEVER use this company ever again. After an hour of waiting in line, we finally get up to the front, only for them to tell us that they didn't have the SUV we reserved months ago... And better yet, they didn't have anything that say 5 people (2 kids in car seats). They finally tell us we can use the large white church/ that seats 15... Great.

We load up the first van with our 8 bags, only to find out the tire pressure light is on. They say it's fine and we just need to fill up the tire, but we are driving down to key West, and would rather have a car that has no dash warning lights on... Go figure. We unload all our stuff and reload into another white van and start to drive out, only for them to stop us on the way out and say we can't use this van... Even though we were just told we could from the worker inside. Finally, 2 1/2 hours later, we are on the road. Terrible company and even worse service.

After an hour of standing in line, they offered us (as the only option) a car (from a class lower than what we reserved) with 65,000 miles! I can't even believe it! To make the deal of the year, they had us to sign a doc basically saying that whatever happens to the car (including engine, transmission, etc.) it's on us! We asked for the manager, and he wasn't helpful at all. He told us we can cancel! 2 in the morning and they are not taking responsibility for what they advertise. If you don't want to ruin your vacation, pay a few extra bucks and rent a car from a decent company like Enterprise.

Fox Rent a Car at Phoenix Airport reminds me a car rental at a third world country. The set up is bad, and they don't make even an effort to make their counter look nicer. My main complaint is that I got a car that had both bumpers damaged. (Black, 3 door 2015 Toyota Yaris). I told the attendant who gave me the key for the car, and he was joking about it. He said everything was ok, and he came by and he hit the bumper to go back to place. Obviously this is a joke and this car should have been fixed. I take care of my rental cars. This car had significant damage and if the proper damage fees were collected by other renters this car should have been fixed. I went driving this car for around 800-900 miles and guess what the front bumper was noisy. I can tell Fox are a bunch of idiots because they can't take care of their cars. If this car was not a Toyota it would have fallen apart.

Pre-paid 94.04 for week rental from Fox at Miami airport. Final bill was for 195.67! That wasn't the worst part. I found out when I got to the airport that Fox was off-airport. Never would have rented an off-airport car if I had known. I'm a single female and the area was terrible. Rep told me that I should purchase the toll package before leaving which was 62.93. If I waited until I returned the car it would be over 100.00? I told him twice that I was going to Key Colony and Key West. Tolls for Key Colony or Key West are at most 20.00 RT. I found this out once I left the airport! The car was scheduled to be returned by 8AM. I left Key Colony at 4:30 AM in order to get it back on time and make my flight. I did not have GPS so I had pulled directions from Map Quest. Could not find the return location.

Called the TF# for Fox and they gave me direct numbers to the location. No one answered the phone. I made at least 30 attempts. The Customer Service# said they could not help since they weren't at the location. I ended up having to get out of my car in a very un-safe area to ask a local at a collision body shop where the location was. He said that the address on the contract was incorrect but was able to get me in the area and I figured out how to get there. He said that the reason he was familiar with the location was because it happens all the time!

Once I got there I had 15 minutes to get to the airport and make my flight which was impossible. I missed my flight and had to stand in line for over 2 1/2 hours to re-book. My original flight was at 935 and I had to wait for a 330 flight. A totally wasted day! I had to call customer service because it looked as if I was billed for the 94.04 plus an additional 251.63. The credit wasn't shown at the same time of the charge. Anyway, wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. They have an issue with honesty and are not concerned about your safety or convenience! Wish I had read the reviews before I rented from Fox!

DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY! This was BY FAR the WORST experience I have EVER had with a rental car company. First, I waited in line for over 2 hours. When I finally made it up the counter to get my reserved car, the cashier was extremely shady and didn't spend any time explaining ANYTHING to me. I explicitly stated that I didn't want ANY extras but she proceeded to charge me for several extra features and DIDN'T tell me about them until AFTER she charged my card. In addition to all of that, there were NO CARS LEFT! I waited ANOTHER hour to just get a crappy car from them that they insisted was an "upgrade." After all of that, they didn't even give me my entire deposit back. All said and done, a 40 dollar rental ended up being over 100 dollars. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

I recently rented the car in November 2016 in Istanbul. As it was really cheap, I opted for them. I bought extra insurance for 12$. On the second day, I had an accident and despite having the report, they rejected the report (saying "it's written in Turkish. Somebody wrote it for you". Yes the damn report form was in Turkish, so the guys around the accident helped to write it). Eventually, they on the spot charged me 1100 lira (350$) and for the two gallons of fuel used he charged me 20$ which I believe also ripoff. The worst - on top of 1100 lira paid, they kept my 500 lira deposit on the card. So eventually, I paid 1600 lira (the Turkish guys told me that my insurance should cover and the damage is maximum 150$ worth). So they charged me more than 500$. NEVER GO FOR CHEAP OPTIONS. The guy who worked at Erboy domestic terminal of Istanbul airport is very RUDE, very bad mannered person.

Fox Rent A Car Company Profile