3.4/5 (619 ratings)

About Fox Rent A Car

Fox Rent A Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Rent A Car?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

Since my flight was late, they gave my car to someone else and made me upgrade to a more expensive one. As soon as the flight got delayed I called them and they promised to keep my car till my flight arrives. But they gave it to someone else. On top of what I paid through Expedia, they changed me for another whole rental. When I contact customer service, they didn't help at all. Go with a legitimate car rental company. These people are horrible.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

We rented a Dodge Charger with Fox via Expedia. $339 dollars for the period. We paid $40 insurance in advance to protect the car on the trip. Arriving at pick up time, we had to pick up the car at 10:00 am, we arrived at 10:10 am the car, they took a while to serve us and we picked up the car at 10:30 am, they charged a late pick up fee. Do you believe? They also included so much stuff, and they said they couldn't remove it, because it was mandatory. When it's time to return the car, we return it an hour earlier, guess what? Early delivery fee!!! **? Then when it came time to get the final bill, our total rent of $339 became $573. There were so many fees, acronyms that you have no idea what they are, airport fees...which in the end was almost double. Thank God we left the car spotless, otherwise, it wouldn't have been a big fight! I was very disappointed with this rental and the lesson is to research the company in depth before renting! Run away, my friend!

Get buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

Reserved a standard SUV and was told I would have to upgrade to get a 4-wheel drive vehicle. Was told that the rental site has no way of selecting a 4-wheel vehicle and so felt a bit swindled. Other companies I have rented similar cars from in SLC and DEN have always been 4-wheel drive vehicles and I haven't had to find that I needed an upgrade once I got to the counter. Was also told if I purchased a tank of gas at the "cheaper" rate of $3 it would cost $73. Given that the car had a 15 gal tank, I did the math and declined the obvious ripoff. At highway speeds of 60-70 mph the steering wheel vibrated and apparently the car was in need an alignment.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

This company will befriend you at the counter and make everything sound so cheap and then when they charge you at the end - BAM! You will be hit with a massive bill and when you call them, they will tell you that you signed agreements, no care that they lied to your face, or were misleading at the counter. DO NOT RENT FROM HERE. Customer service is in another country and they do not care.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

I prepaid for a car rental with Fox and purchased their cancellation insurance. I got sick and had to cancel flights, car and hotel. I called with only 12 hours notice. I did not read the fine print. Fox requires 24 hour notice WITH cancellation insurance. Do they keep all your money if you don’t have insurance?? Trying to cancel online was not a simple task, I believe they deliberately make it difficult. I was charged $104 for cancelling. It took three long phone calls to Fox and 11 days for my refund. BEWARE and read the fine print.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

I rented a car from Fox. I've rented cars 100's of times and know there is a surcharge for having the company refill the tank when you return it. My daughter was driving when we reached the return facility and we realized we didn't get gas. I asked her how much gas was in the tank. She said half full. I figured even if they charge us $2 extra per gallon, for 10 gallons maximum the would be $20 bucks. So we returned the car. Fox charged me $8.99 a gallon for 18 gallons of gas. Gas is $3.50 a gallon retail. Fox applied a %260 surcharge, and stole at least 8 gallons. Don't rent from Fox.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

I had a terrible experience renting from Fox, also referred to as Europcar. The information in my reservation said a shuttle would be available to and from the Orlando, FL airport from and to the car park; however, when we arrived to return the car, the rental office and lot were closed and we had to leave the car parked literally outside on the street, leave the keys with a security guard and hire our own transportation to the airport. This all caused a delay, terrible stress as well as an extra expenditure. Several other customers found themselves in the same difficulty. It was all very upsetting.

Apart from that, the agent who attended us when we got the car was very dishonest. I stated I did not want any extra coverage and only wanted what I had already paid for, she said there was nothing extra and had me sign on a screen the agreement. Upon receiving my receipt, it turns out I was charged for extras that were not clearly stated as extras. She also insisted that I return the car without fuel. My reservation said the fuel policy was “like for like”, so I asked about that and why she was telling me to bring return it without refueling. Twice she answered and insisted that I return the car without fuel because it would be cheaper for me that way. This was also a lie. I was charged about 3 to 4 times more than what the gas would have cost if I had refueled myself.

This is a very deceiving and unprofessional practice on the part of the rental agency. The cost of the rental may appear to be cheaper than in other agencies, but in the end it turns out more expensive with the “sneaky” extras and it’s not worth it if you’re left stranded without a way of getting to the airport. Go for the more known and reliable companies.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

I needed to rent a car for my vacation. Expedia booked me a car through Fox Rent-A-Car. After I paid I looked at the reviews and they were terrible so, I was nervous. I wanted to get a refund and go through another company but, Expedia told me I couldn’t get a refund. When I went to pick up the car, I was told you couldn’t go out of state. I do not recommend fox Rent-A-Car. The car that I rented was nice. If you want to go out of state, do not use Fox rent a car. Overall, my experience was good.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2022

I rented a vehicle through Fox Rent a car and Priceline. It was for two weeks with unlimited mileage. An attempted phone call to Fox Rent A Car to confirm the reservation was answered by machine and would only refer me to their website. The day of pick up I find out the unlimited mileage can only be used in the surrounding states and that I can not go from Texas to Georgia. I was denied a refund for the rental they would not let me go to Georgia in.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

We were planning a trip to Orlando from NY. My wife and I get discounts through our jobs so we used Fox to rent a car. We had the reservation done over a week prior to our flight. The amount we agreed on was $174 and some change. Our flight was delayed 3 hours so I read over our rental agreement we printed and it said we could pick up our rental 24/7. We landed in Orlando and quickly realized fox was not located at the airport which was unfortunate but they offered a shuttle to their location. We waited awhile for the shuttle which took us a few miles from the airport.

When we arrived at Fox in Orlando we had all of our paperwork ready and showed the guy. Two seconds later he tells us they canceled our reservation because we didn’t pick it up by 6pm. It was a little after 6:30 and nowhere on our paperwork does it state we had to pick our rental up within a time limit. We explained all of this to him and he acted like he didn’t care. He told us it was going to be $105-140 per day before other taxes and fees which would’ve put us around $700-800 for the 5 day rental. I asked him how that makes any sense considering we were quoted $175 for 5 days and now all of the sudden it’s practically $175 each day, he claimed the prices changed because it’s almost the holiday season. Never offered us any kind of discount knowing we had an agreement in our hand. There was literally a week's difference in us making this reservation.

So now we’re stuck in an unknown location with no transportation and no way back to the airport to talk to other rental companies. I got on my phone looking for large SUV rentals and the companies I knew of were all booked because of the large organization. So we felt completely stuck. The guy that was no help came out on his cell phone saying there’s a place he knows around the corner and the guy would come pick us up. Said he would give us an suv with 3rd row seating for $450 for the 5 days. It seemed like our only option so we agreed. A few minutes later a man shows up and grabs us takes us another few miles away. Once again the $450 was before taxes it ended up being $524 and a $200 deposit.

After speaking to other parents that flew in for this organization every single one that chose fox had similar problems. They had quotes much cheaper and when they arrived they were charged more than double that amount. I decided to look at more reviews for Fox and quickly realized they do this often. And their vehicles are apparently very dirty and not taken care of. On their website it shows they have vehicles from as low as $35 a day. I truly believe they were trying to take advantage of us. So maybe we dodged a bullet but when planning a trip and trying to budget things it’s a horrible feeling when the company you sign an agreement with takes advantage of you after screwing you over and making you feel vulnerable. I will absolutely never do business with Fox again and I highly suggest anyone that wants to enjoy their trip to do the same.

Fox Rent A Car Company Information