2. Travel
  3. Rental Cars

3.8/5 (1328 ratings)

About Fox Rent A Car

Fox Rent A Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Rent A Car?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Rent A Car?

Original review: April 24, 2021

I booked Fox Rent a Car through Hopper as the pricing was about half the price of other rental car agencies. After booking, I read through the reviews and became very nervous as the reviews were pretty bad. Multiple hour wait times, no cars available, dirty & broken vehicles, unauthorized charges etc. We reserved a mini van and received a 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan with 44K miles. It was definitely a base model - seats & lights were not automatic- but the vehicle ran fine and got us from point A to Point B.

The check in process could have been quicker. It took a half hour at the counter before it was our turn and another half hour in the garage to wait for our vehicle to be brought to us so about an hour in total. I read many reviews about additional charges that the consumer was not aware of. We were charged a $150 security deposit that was promptly refunded. We were also charged about $63 for an additional driver which I didn’t see on their website when booking even though we listed him on the booking. I am under the impression that if it had been a spouse it is no charge but this was my adult son. They did clearly state there would be an extra charge when we picked up the vehicle. I read reviews about extra charges regarding tolls but there were no tolls in our areas.

They offered us all of the additional insurances but we declined and they were not pushy as many other reviews have claimed and nothing additional was charged without our knowledge except the $63 for the additional driver that we agreed to. We brought the car back completely full as some reviews stated that they were told it was cheaper to have them fill it but in fact it was a huge charge. They did state that when the car was returned you must have the credit card you booked the reservation with as it would be swiped. My son returned the car which was the reason we put him as a driver and he is not in possession of our credit card. The only way around that was he had to give his credit card for the deposit and extra $63. It was a hassle and in the end they never asked to see his credit card when he returned the vehicle.

I guess in conclusion, this wasn’t my preferred rental car agency. The wait time was a bit long, and the vehicle was definitely no frills. It was more of a budget car rental experience but we did save several hundred dollars, the customer service agents were friendly, and for the price savings I was happy enough with our experience.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

I almost did not rent due to bad reviews online but other places cost twice more. We got a brand new minivan, one way from Las Vegas to Phoenix for a week for $344 including drop off fee and unlimited mileage during special rate sale. We followed the rental instruction to take the shuttle to Car rental center, waited in front marked 4 and took another shuttle to Fox. It took about an hour from taking 2 shuttles and waiting in line to getting our minivan. We get to choose one from 4 minivan parked. Everyone who assisted us from shuttle bus driver, rental desk agent, parking agent and return agent were very helpful and friendly. No hidden fees, we refused all offers for insurance since the credit card I used covers it for free. We paid the same amount I was quoted online & Fox returned my deposit after passing return inspection. We are happy we have Fox a chance and save money too. We will definitely use again.

Get buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

After having a bad rental experience. I waited on hold for 2 hours and 40 min to speak to a Fox representative. I spoke to a very nice man who listened to me complain and tell my story. After explaining how bad the rental car was he contacted a supervisor and Fox reimbursed my credit card for a good portion of the rental price. I felt the price was fair for what I received. I understand mistakes happen in business and as long as the company was willing to reimburse me for my troubles I am happy to change my opinion and review. I have used Fox in the past and always had a good experience, Happy to know this time was the exception and that they do care and value my business. I will give them another chance in the future. Giving only 4 stars because I did have to spend a long time on hold and the experience.

Original review: June 2, 2021

Rented from Fox Rent a Car in Orlando since online they beat others' prices for the week. The car was fine except the windows were super dirty and hard to see out of so I had to stop and clean them. I was told when I returned the car that I still owed them $$ - I disagreed, had the check-out clerk verify that I had paid for the car in full and assure me that I wouldn't be charged anything more so I signed the return verification and went to catch my flight. I noticed that I had been charged the extra fee so have emailed and called them (If you call them, expect at least a 2-hour wait on hold) - got ahold of customer service twice and have been given different stories as to why I was charged extra both times. They are not willing to help and finally just told me to take it up with my original booking source (I have no idea what that's going to accomplish since Fox Rent a Car are the ones who added the extra fee on). Will not use Fox Rent a Car again!

Original review: May 25, 2021

Do not use Fox. They are crooks, They claim commitment to customer service and outstanding service but it is the exact opposite. We reserved a car and they refuse to cancel or change the rental. I was unable to pick up within 12 hours and they said they would not hold the car even though I paid for it. They took my money and refused to provide a service. I called customer care and a supervisor was supposed to call me back within 72 hours, 5 days later no call back. This is a horrible fraudulent company. The worst I have ever used!

Original review: May 25, 2021

Avoid Fox at all costs! We rented a car from the Denver Airport. An hour later the shuttle showed up. Of course you can't get a hold of anyone, so we just stood there contemplating trying to Uber to the Fox location. Once we get to check out counter, I could barely hear the lady "helping" us. There was very loud drilling at the computer next to us. I ended up just shaking my head be I had no idea what she was saying. The car given to us was dirty and appeared to be just passed from the previous customer to us. It definitely hadn't been vacuumed or washed. I thought the lady said someone would check us out, but there was no one around and no check out signs. So I'm not even sure what she was talking about. Other than being dirty the actual car was fine and we had no issues. I was expecting to have an awful return process, but it was actually pretty painless.

The real issue some 2 months after we rented the car. I've gotten 3 invoices, so far, totaling over $100 for tolls. The tolls themselves are only about $20 but I've been charged $90 in administrative fees. Now I can't seem to get a hold a customer service representative to get clarification on the charges, and who knows how many more invoices they will be sending. Guess I'll chalk this up to a life lesson....you get what you pay for and never go with the cheap rental car company. This experience will make you appreciate Hertz or Enterprise!

Original review: May 24, 2021

Charged above amount for fuel surcharge, when we returned the car full, spoke to William, in the billing dept., Was going to issue a credit, never did, stay away from this company! Asked for a return receipt, as to car condition, was told we did not need one!

Original review: May 18, 2021

We got a great price from Priceline to rent a small SUV in Denver. When we got there, the representative tried every way to upcharge us. She added the transponder knowing I didn’t need it. She lied about returning the vehicle a little later. They charged me an extra day plus a $25 service fee which she said we would not be hit with. She upgraded us to a older 4 runner which shook at 60 mph and I had my foot to the pedal to make it up the mountains. I was on the phone for over a hour calling customer service which they never responded. I will be disputing the charges with my credit card company and I will continue calling until

I get this handled. They are liars and rip offs!!!

Original review: May 18, 2021

Our arriving Newark flight had mechanical issues which caused the flight to be 1 hour late. Fox Rent A Car Cancelled our car reservation and had given our car away leaving us stuck without a car. We were forced to rent from another company which charged us over $650 to rent a car for 4 days. The Fox agent's response was "Sorry, I'm only human". They could nothing to help.. Very Poor Customer Service.. Stay Away..

Original review: May 14, 2021

Sleazy used car sales man tactics, to rob you blind at time of the rental pick up, still waiting 10 days later for the refund of the deposit to my credit car for a P.O.S. small car a KIA RIO $492.68 for a week, it was filthy, smelled bad, greased windows, the off airport location in Orlando was horrible and a waste of my time, way more expensive than the big on airport rent a cars, like National of whom I'm an Emerald Club member, what a colossal expensive mistake I made, I rented this car on April 27,2021 and return it on May 4, 2021, the week before I had rented a car from National rent a car for only $477.02, I choose a Toyota Rav from the emerald isle, in and out in less than 15 minutes, with FOX took me over an hour and I could not change that P.O.S. car.

They did not had anything else, except of course pay more for a different car, BEWARE. STAY AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS, you'll save nothing and will end up paying more than renting with the big name brands, I know, learn my lesson, I am calling on the daily basis to get the remaining $360.68 back. I don't know where of the close to $40 dollars are, no one at FOX will cleared that for me, but I will filed a Small Claims law suit if I have to get all my money back plus damages, and I know by experience those judges in Orlando almost always rule in favor of the plaintiff.

Fox Rent A Car Company Information