Fox Rent A Car

Compare Rental Cars

Research top Rental Cars recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This was, by far, the worst retail experience I've ever had. It took the only two counter agents almost 2 hours to get me checked in and this was in the middle of the night. I arrived at the location at 1:20 am. I didn't leave the location until 3:15 am. At that, it only took me 10 minutes to get to my car and leave the lot. The entire time was waiting in line. This is beyond pathetic and no, they will never get my money again. This kind of wait time was unacceptable when they have giant signs bragging about 'unlimited miles of smiles' for their 'great' customer service. The counter agents didn't care but you could also tell that this location is horribly mismanaged. They should have had at least 3 more agents handling the check-in process.

Omg worst rental car experience EVER. Would rate zero stars if I could. Shuttle from Orlando airport dumped us at a packed office, where others said they've been waiting two hours for a car. 20-plus people ahead of us and two clerks. Never, never again. We are trying to book a car from a reputable company on our cell phone, while we wait. Only possible bright spot was our shuttle driver, Angel, nice guy! Overall -- STAY AWAY!

I booked a rental via car booking.com. I explicitly ordered a Jeep Cherokee so I could use the standard 4-wheel drive. I ordered a book now ahead of time, thus putting full payment down. I go to pick up my SUV at the SFO rental place. They inform me that no Jeep Cherokee are available even though I explicitly ordered the car paying full price ahead of time. They then inform me that the available options are a Rav 4 or a Jeep Patriot, neither of which are 4 wheel drive. I ask why my reserved SUV is not available. The man helping me was very nice but he was unable to answer my question. Instead he tells me his manager says that if I want the car that I thought I ordered, I had to pay an upcharge of TWICE what I paid originally. I was basically extorted money for Fox's lack of car supply. Either they didn't have the car they promised me or they knowingly mislead me on their listing.

I ended up having to pay the money for a Dodge Durango (full size - way bigger than I needed) because of lack of other options. I am so angry and disappointed by the switcheroo Fox did and vow never to use this rental company again. I also intend to write multiple negative reviews and inform my work and acquaintances never to use this rental service under any circumstances. In short, prepaid for specific car, wasn't available, gave underqualified substitutes, forced ridiculous pay increase to get what was originally advertised. Please do better than screwing people over.

To say this was a bad experience is a vast understatement. I can't give it a low enough score. The car was filthy and after we drove it less than 40 miles my husband noticed air going out of the front passenger tire. We looked in the trunk for a spare and there was nothing but styrofoam. We called the Roadside number and never got anyone to pick up. While my husband was on hold for roadside I was on hold for Customer Service. Both of us waited for over 45 minutes. Once customer service picked up he said "you can tell your husband to hang up. I also answer the phone for roadside and there's no one there."

He said he set up a tow truck to bring us a new car the next day and that they would call us first thing at 7 am to say they were on their way. He said he would credit us back the fee for roadside assistance and a day of use since we hadn't been able to use the car. The next morning at 7 am I waited for a call. By 8 am I had been on hold for over 45 minutes with customer service who said no one had set anything up and no one was bringing us another car. He said to call Roadside which of course we were also on hold for.

Once roadside finally answer (an hour later) they said they did show us calling the previous evening and didn't know they were supposed to bring out a new car. They didn't know what the big deal was. When I asked why there was no spare tire in the car the rep said they buy the cheapest cars and they don't come with spares. This isn't an explanation to me but rather a confession of guilt on their part of negligence. The rep said they would send out a new car with a towing company, gave us the name of the towing company and said that company would contact us when they were on their way. The towing company never called. I couldn't find a phone number for the company and I called AAA to verify the towing company, they said there was no such company.

About an hour and a half later a guy calls my cell and says he's outside our hotel with our car. He unloads the car. dumps the "new rental agreement' on the seat and leaves. We open the doors and this car is filthy. I mean filthy, I don't even want to sit on the seats dirty and trash everywhere, it was disgusting. At this point its way past 10 and we are late for our the party we flew in from Alaska to attend.

When I called them today (another long hold) to review our bill and discuss the service and condition of the car the 'customer service' agent was horrible. Said it wasn't her problem and we could contact 'someone' thru their website. She said she would refund us for the road side assistance, which is 10.00. That was already supposed to be reimbursed after the first phone call.

I cannot understand how with all these complaints there isn't a class action lawsuit going. This company needs to be put out of business. We need to do something before someone gets really hurt by them. Thank goodness my husband and I didn't get the flat on the freeway and we're stuck there for hours! These cars are so unsafe and this company is ripping everyone off. Why are we standing for this??? Do not rent from them! Even when they say they will do something correct they don't and they attack your credit card! They charge you for things you didn't agree on and getting them to refund isn't happening. I know they advertise through the third party sites like, Orbitz or whatever but don't fall for their scams.

I rented a car through Carrental8.com which was with Fox Rent a Car at the Miami Airport. I knew I was getting in after midnight but the contract said they are open 24 hours. Their facility is off premises so I needed their shuttle. When I landed I called for the shuttle and no one ever answered and the answering machine would not take any messages. I ended up having to spend an extra $400.00 and still Fox has never answered their phones. A typical case of if it seems too good to be true it probably is. I would stay as far away from Fox Rent A Car as I possibly could.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Rent A Car?

Beware when renting with Fox Rent A Car in Phoenix. Their agent Tommy acted fraudulently on a rental I did in December 2016. I told him no insurance and I would bring back full of gas. Being in a hurry, I quickly initialed the lines and proceeded to pick up the car. When I got in the car, the fuel gauge was not on full. I took a picture and went back to the counter where they noted it and said bring back at the same level. When I brought back the car I had to hurry to get to my gate, so I just dropped it off. Shortly I received an email with my invoice and I noted that I had been charged a $37.00 fee for fueling. I called the rental counter and was told that I had agreed to bring it back and have them fuel the car. Not so.

After getting nowhere with the counter person, I asked to talk with a supervisor. When I finally got one - her name was Ms **. She could have cared less that they had a person working the counter that was involved in fraudulent activity. She said she would forward my complaint to their customer service department. Unfortunately, it was a customer no-service department as I never heard from them. I am a frequent renter, and will never use Fox again.

I booked a car from Fox via Expedia for a trip I had in Cancun. I pre-paid and purchased insurance. When I got there, I was threatened and bullied into purchasing an additional $387 in insurance and was told that the insurance I had already purchased was no good in Mexico. I asked what if I didn't buy the additional policy and I was told if anything happened to the car, I would be detained and not allowed to leave the country until I paid $25,000 in cash. And if I could not pay that, I would be arrested and put into a Mexican jail. I essentially had no choice and paid the extra money. We drove to the hotel and parked the car and never touched it again for fear something would happen. Well when we were about to leave, the car would not start.

We called Fox at 11 a.m. and they said they could not come and help us until 4 or 5 pm. When I told them we would miss our flights, I again was told that if I left the car at the hotel for them to pick up, I would be abandoning the car and would be responsible to pay for the car in full. The hotel attempted to speak with them and FOX customer service hung up on the manager of the Riu Palace. It was a nightmare and honestly, my treatment was definitely illegal. I plan on pursuing this situation and I have several witnesses to how I was threatened and treated and coerced to paying a huge amount of money for a car I had for only 4 days. BTW the checkout process to get this car was over 2 full hours.

Had the car for a week, and over that time a minor vibration in one of the rear wheels became serious. The whole car shook at 35mph+. Took the car back and told the attendant "I'm an engineer with experience designing vehicle suspensions and I'm telling you there's something wrong with this car." The attendant said he'd have it looked after. Turns out I left something in the car and went back to the location about an hour after dropping it off. They had rerented the car, obvious mechanical problems and all, and it was gone (along with the item I left in the car, which they didn't find). I got a call a few days later from a Fox location several hundred miles away, saying that they'd found the item I left in the car, so I know it was there when the car was rerented. Bottom line: Do Not Rent From Fox Rent A Car.

Probably the worst customer service (or lack thereof) I've ever come in contact with. We will NEVER use this company ever again. After an hour of waiting in line, we finally get up to the front, only for them to tell us that they didn't have the SUV we reserved months ago... And better yet, they didn't have anything that say 5 people (2 kids in car seats). They finally tell us we can use the large white church/ that seats 15... Great.

We load up the first van with our 8 bags, only to find out the tire pressure light is on. They say it's fine and we just need to fill up the tire, but we are driving down to key West, and would rather have a car that has no dash warning lights on... Go figure. We unload all our stuff and reload into another white van and start to drive out, only for them to stop us on the way out and say we can't use this van... Even though we were just told we could from the worker inside. Finally, 2 1/2 hours later, we are on the road. Terrible company and even worse service.

After an hour of standing in line, they offered us (as the only option) a car (from a class lower than what we reserved) with 65,000 miles! I can't even believe it! To make the deal of the year, they had us to sign a doc basically saying that whatever happens to the car (including engine, transmission, etc.) it's on us! We asked for the manager, and he wasn't helpful at all. He told us we can cancel! 2 in the morning and they are not taking responsibility for what they advertise. If you don't want to ruin your vacation, pay a few extra bucks and rent a car from a decent company like Enterprise.

Fox Rent a Car at Phoenix Airport reminds me a car rental at a third world country. The set up is bad, and they don't make even an effort to make their counter look nicer. My main complaint is that I got a car that had both bumpers damaged. (Black, 3 door 2015 Toyota Yaris). I told the attendant who gave me the key for the car, and he was joking about it. He said everything was ok, and he came by and he hit the bumper to go back to place. Obviously this is a joke and this car should have been fixed. I take care of my rental cars. This car had significant damage and if the proper damage fees were collected by other renters this car should have been fixed. I went driving this car for around 800-900 miles and guess what the front bumper was noisy. I can tell Fox are a bunch of idiots because they can't take care of their cars. If this car was not a Toyota it would have fallen apart.

Pre-paid 94.04 for week rental from Fox at Miami airport. Final bill was for 195.67! That wasn't the worst part. I found out when I got to the airport that Fox was off-airport. Never would have rented an off-airport car if I had known. I'm a single female and the area was terrible. Rep told me that I should purchase the toll package before leaving which was 62.93. If I waited until I returned the car it would be over 100.00? I told him twice that I was going to Key Colony and Key West. Tolls for Key Colony or Key West are at most 20.00 RT. I found this out once I left the airport! The car was scheduled to be returned by 8AM. I left Key Colony at 4:30 AM in order to get it back on time and make my flight. I did not have GPS so I had pulled directions from Map Quest. Could not find the return location.

Called the TF# for Fox and they gave me direct numbers to the location. No one answered the phone. I made at least 30 attempts. The Customer Service# said they could not help since they weren't at the location. I ended up having to get out of my car in a very un-safe area to ask a local at a collision body shop where the location was. He said that the address on the contract was incorrect but was able to get me in the area and I figured out how to get there. He said that the reason he was familiar with the location was because it happens all the time!

Once I got there I had 15 minutes to get to the airport and make my flight which was impossible. I missed my flight and had to stand in line for over 2 1/2 hours to re-book. My original flight was at 935 and I had to wait for a 330 flight. A totally wasted day! I had to call customer service because it looked as if I was billed for the 94.04 plus an additional 251.63. The credit wasn't shown at the same time of the charge. Anyway, wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. They have an issue with honesty and are not concerned about your safety or convenience! Wish I had read the reviews before I rented from Fox!

DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY! This was BY FAR the WORST experience I have EVER had with a rental car company. First, I waited in line for over 2 hours. When I finally made it up the counter to get my reserved car, the cashier was extremely shady and didn't spend any time explaining ANYTHING to me. I explicitly stated that I didn't want ANY extras but she proceeded to charge me for several extra features and DIDN'T tell me about them until AFTER she charged my card. In addition to all of that, there were NO CARS LEFT! I waited ANOTHER hour to just get a crappy car from them that they insisted was an "upgrade." After all of that, they didn't even give me my entire deposit back. All said and done, a 40 dollar rental ended up being over 100 dollars. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

I recently rented the car in November 2016 in Istanbul. As it was really cheap, I opted for them. I bought extra insurance for 12$. On the second day, I had an accident and despite having the report, they rejected the report (saying "it's written in Turkish. Somebody wrote it for you". Yes the damn report form was in Turkish, so the guys around the accident helped to write it). Eventually, they on the spot charged me 1100 lira (350$) and for the two gallons of fuel used he charged me 20$ which I believe also ripoff. The worst - on top of 1100 lira paid, they kept my 500 lira deposit on the card. So eventually, I paid 1600 lira (the Turkish guys told me that my insurance should cover and the damage is maximum 150$ worth). So they charged me more than 500$. NEVER GO FOR CHEAP OPTIONS. The guy who worked at Erboy domestic terminal of Istanbul airport is very RUDE, very bad mannered person.

Clearly Fox does not give a cheat for customer satisfaction: Fox did not have the car I reserved. Fox only offers me a smaller car but charges me the same price!! Fox customer service never reply properly to my complaint!! Here is the first email I wrote to customer service: "I'm renting one of your vehicles (from Las Vegas to San Francisco) between the 24th of July to the 2nd of August. I picked up the car in Las Vegas "at the airport" and had the worst customer experience ever at a car rental location.

I booked on Rentalcars.com a Midsize SUV, Jeep Cherokee 2016 or similar. When I arrived the person told me that he has no more Jeep Cherokee available. He offer me to take a Compact SUV (and not a Midsize one). I asked him to get me a similar car or bigger for the same price but he told me that Compact and Midsize cars are classified the same at FOX RENTAL. (This is a lie at they are in two different squares in your "menu" on the counter). This is really not the same car for 4 people and 4 luggage. Being there for 45 minutes with family and luggage in the middle of nowhere (because it says at LAS VEGAS AIRPORT, but you have to take two buses to get at about 6 miles from the airport!!!), I had no other choice than take the compact SUV and pay the same price as for a midsize.

I understand that you might not have the car I reserved but I cannot understand that in the case you do not have a similar one, you do not offer an upgrade without me having to ask. I do not get how you enforce me to accept a downgrade. Before sharing bay very bad experience on the social networks I would like to hear from you and see what you can do. I can hardly understand how a company can base his policy on abusing his customers." Customer service told me that billing department will take care of it. Of course they never did!!!

I made my reservation in the morning for pick up in the afternoon in Phoenix, AZ. When we got to the counter, they said they couldn't find my reservation and it was because I made it that day. They said I needed to wait 2 more hours (for total of 8 hours) before their system would find it if I wanted to get the price I booked via Orbitz. I rent cars all of the time and usually book it as I'm deplaning and going to the rental car area - no other company has had this problem. I was running to a meeting for work and needed to leave right away and then they charged me FOUR times as much as what I booked it at on Orbitz. When I asked why, she gave me a list of reasons for extra fees I have never heard of before and she of course said she was giving me a "discount" since I was with a nonprofit. 4x as much! Whoa! It ended up being more than if I went through Avis, my usual go-to company.

I felt terrible for the young man at the counter next to me. He was clearly on a strict budget, in college. He was under the impression he had prepaid everything for the car and showed the guy and even me the receipt showing that. They told him of all of these extra fees and he just didn't have the money at all. His girlfriend said she would have to put it on her card and use the money intended for her school books... so sad! They are running a scam!!

It was beyond frustrating after this experience to go down to the get the car - the lady upstairs told us keys were in the car and we could go. Keys weren't in the car and apparently they never are. Their employees need to know what's going on. After walking all over, we found the counter downstairs and got it straightened out. Everything just took a long time. The car was just fine though once we were on our way and thankfully I had no issues returning it. Will never use Fox again.

I selected Fox Rental through Orbitz and had to change my pickup and drop off time. The website does not have a phone number and had to go through Orbitz. I was on hold for over 45 minutes and gave up. It took a total of 1.5 hours to get them to make this simple change. When we arrived at the LAX airport, the shuttle service was slim pickings. There were other shuttles that came by at least two times before Fox finally came around. It took about 30 minutes to wait for the shuttle and then about 15 minutes to get to the location.

We arrived about 10:30 p.m. and there was a huge line of about 50 people and only 3 employees. We had to wait in line for over an hour only to find that they didn't have the SUV I had reserved and we had to pick out a car. It was tough to get 4 people and all of our luggage into a car. The car was okay, but getting it back was another ordeal because we had to get in line again to get our refund from SUV to car charge. We were also charged a $150 deposit that we were not told previously about.

All in all, we did not think that a cheap rate was worth all of the hassle and the tremendous lines. They knew in advance how many people had rented vehicles that night and should have had more employees on hand to handle such a large crowd. Also, if you reserve a certain kind of vehicle, it should be there to pick up. We were able to get our refund though and they also agreed to put on the paperwork as we left initially that the car tank was not full.

Because Car Rental companies that had facility at Orlando Airport did not have any cars available, we needed to rent from Fox… offsite. I rented via Travelocity and had a confirmation invoice sent to my phone that verified rental cost and reflected exactly what FOX website was offering. Upon arrival at offsite facility (a 15 minute ride and even longer wait to get auto) was told we had to pay a $150 deposit that would be refunded upon return of vehicle. This was not stated anywhere on website or on our invoice.

Received monthly bill from VISA and entire amount had been charged to card, but no refund was showing. Had to call Travelocity and explain as they were unaware of any deposit being required from FOX. We have not received anything yet from FOX verifying a return. Car was returned within 12 hrs. of rental. FOX holds deposit and makes interest off of it before returning money to card. This is total BS and am going to State Attorney General's office with this. They are collecting a deposit that is not printed on the rental agreement and then hold the money. That bad karma bus will find them one day. Shame on FOX Rental.

I wish I had seen this site before I used Fox Rent A Car. It has been the biggest mistake and worst transaction I've had in as long as I can remember. I say this without exaggeration and I agree about one of the other reviewers here. Some legal action should be taken against this company on behalf of we, the consumers.

I booked an SUV (Jeep Grand Cherokee or similar) on 10/13/16 via Orbitz for a reservation for Thanksgiving 11/23-11/27. My arrival was 11:00pm on 11/23 and I set my pick-up time accordingly well in advance. The poor experience started while waiting for the shuttle. About 30 minutes passed before the Fox shuttle arrived. The competitors all had at least two shuttles come in that same time. We, about 15-20 of us, finally arrive at the rental area and get in line. I am called about 15 minutes later and the young girl starts the process. Starts off not needing my confirmation number via Orbitz but she can't find my name or reservation (not good). Finally finds my name and then walks off for 5+ minutes without telling me why. Comes back, types around and walks away again. Upon return I ask her what's up and she says she has to see what cars are left. Uh oh... I thought I had reserved a car one month ago.

Now the announcement: "is anyone here looking to get an SUV?" Almost everyone raised their hands. Then I are told, "we overbooked today and all the SUV's are rented. We have compacts." I said that won't do and then started to get frustrated since I had a reservation and be girl didn't seem to understand why I was upset they didn't have the car. She then became incredulous and said, "no matter how many times you ask or question us an SUV isn't going to just magically appear." I asked for her manager... to which she started at me. I had to ask three times before an even nastier person emerged from their office.

Now the fun begins with the so-called management. Jaylin ** (it took me multiple times to get her name as she refused to give me last name or email and her co-workers also didn't know her last name... Apparently they thought that was an ok answer) comes up and asks, "what's the problem sir?" Glad to know they communicate because what did they think my issue was? I said "I made a reservation, you guys don't have my car and this is unacceptable." She began to explain how for "7 hours today" she's been dealing with upset people because they didn't have enough cars. I looked at her and said, "Your job is to rent cars. If you can't fulfill the rental reservations for your clients of course they will be upset. How is that my fault? You didn't prepare well for the thanksgiving volume and I am the one who has to suffer (it is now almost 12:30am MST) as a result of your incompetence."

Cue the fireworks. This woman Jaylin, with her poorly dyed red hair, was not into solutions or hearing logic. She told me I was being difficult and she didn't have to deal with this and basically told me go elsewhere to rent a car. Are you kidding me? Go elsewhere? That's Fox Rent A Car's response to screwing up a reservation and wasting two hours of someone's time? I was gobsmacked by this.

Long story short after many attempts to try to get them just to help me out I was then handed a piece of paper that is called an Off Sell Letter. The service Rep just gives to me and says, "OK here you go. You can go now." I look at her and say, "I don't know what this is, you guys don't communicate nor explain anything clearly or thoroughly. I've no idea what's going or where am I getting my car." That's when she told me I had to go to ANOTHER rent a car company at the airport. Wtf? After all this screw up, the callously indifferent and incredulous service Rep (who refused to give me her name... But I think it's Martha or Meredith... She is young, has a nose ring and straight light brown hair), and then the manager who was the most ridiculous and illogical person I have met in a while, the outcome is to tell me to go pound sand and to go to a competitor to find a car at 1am on Thanksgiving.

I go get a new car at a rental place, ending up with a Kia Sorento as that was the closest thing to what I had reserved. My charged I booked with Fox via Orbitz was $473... Now my rental car is $1,335 (including a $200 deposit). So not only did Fox treat me like dirt I have to then spend $1,000 more than I had planned due to their incompetence and negligence. Luckily I have the funds but what if I didn't? How would they feel if it was they that was stranded on Thanksgiving day because someone messed up their reservation?

Apparently now I have to contact someone at Fox within 24 hours of this incident to "qualify" for a reimbursement of cost difference. Today is thanksgiving. This heartless and ridiculous company should fail and I hope this review steers future business away. NEVER USE FOX RENT A CAR... It's a complete scam and I will be reporting them to the BBB, local news, the consumer protection services as well as local state officials.

We reserved our car at the Miami location for pick up at 12pm. It took forever to get the shuttle to the location, then we waited in line for at least 30 minutes. We arrived at the counter at 3:20 pm, they said they cancelled our reservation because we were over the 3 hour late limit (which we were never made aware of). They tried to tell us they only had a Suburban available. After much discussion with the manager, we finally got the car we reserved. We were charged 8.99$ per day for the SunPass (another charge we were not made aware of). Our car smelled like cigarette smoke, the windows and mirrors were filthy, the lighter had no power, so we couldn't charge our phones or use our navigation devices without running down phone batteries. The windows and mirrors were not automatic. The customer service at this place is horrible. DO NOT USE THEM.

If I can put zero star I would do it for this terrible company! We made reservation online to pick up the car at MIA. But soon we realized that Fox Rent A Car location is not at the airport, we have to take a shuttle about 15 minutes. We took a shuttle and we were taking to the terrible, very scary location and place. But we were so stupid and still rented a car from them. We were told that in Miami a lot of toll roads and it will cost us $15 every time we will pass them. And they offered to buy toll road pass for $8.99 a day. Later we learned that the toll roads are from $1.05 to $1.50.

When we drove back to return the car the huge surprise was waiting for us! The road to go there (just few meters from their location) was close down! Not GPS, not even iPhone wouldn't help us to get to this terrible location. We even stop the police to ask for help. Police tried, but couldn't help us either! We spent more than 2 hours to try different ways to get to their location! We called them, waited for 45 minute for them to pick up the phone! Finally, we found another phone number and called them again and lady pick up the call. She finally help us to get to this location.

We were so stressed out! Until now we are shaking to even think about it! We almost missed our plane! Thank God we had enough time before the plane! They knew the road was closed, but didn't even bother to notify their clients! And they are not cheap! You expect one price, but when you come they calculate and add some charges and you will end up to pay like for limo! Be careful with this company! This is the worst company I ever seen! If I can sued them I will! I'm so stressed!!!

I and my wife, a travel writer for a major magazine, rented a car with Fox from San Francisco Airport for 14 days. Due to an emergency, we have to change our plans and return the car early. We're amazed to discover they charge $39.98/day for an early return -- more for the return than the daily rate. We've never had that happen with any other major car rental agency over decades of rentals. We would like to hear from others who have had similar experiences.

US $3,000.00 as deposit if I refuse to take insurance, then charge me whatever amount and disregard what was agree on, since you already had my money. I could had bought the car and keep it for my next trip. I'm definitely not using FOX. Let's see what the experience with the next one is. This is a very good way to keep customer from your competition. I give you that one. Then you think you can put a claim on it, talk to Destiny as an customer service rep and she says that I have to go back to that location to talk to manager. Mine was an overnight flight landing at 2 am. I called to make sure everything was OK. The person I spoke to said it was a 24-hr location and that the shuttle bus was going to be there.

As they did, problem was there were two groups. We didn't fit in the "Bus", took us first supposedly to their location and left us in the middle of the road with our luggage because he had to go get the other group before somebody takes them from him. Turns out, our driver does everything there. He is the one who is suppose to hand us the vehicle. When he comes back with the other group he explains all the scam to us, since we had no other choice but to take it. We did. Oh what a miracle. They didn't have connection to go through the payment and kept my credit card info to try later on manually. The car was filthy inside and out, like someone just left it there and without gas at 2 am, every gas station around closed.

This place is a big scam. If you decline coverages and make sure they're not there, you'll be ok. I had a nice rep helping me out and she was good. The problems started when I began extending my rental online. I was told there was a 20/day extra fee for this, however, online it only shows ONE fee. This is to trick or deceive customers. I called and spoke to many people and even online, where the people said that this is all I have to pay - no extra fees. I then called days ago to talk to a rude rep on the phone named Frank, who told me I owed over 300 dollars in extension fees. I said "how is that possible if everyone I talked to told me that there were no fees." I'm very about doing my research and talking to people.

This was terrible - the website is deceptive and people get screwed over. I spoke to billing who took off half the extension fees, but they didn't give me back my security deposit. The girl who helped me at the location told me that I can return my car 2-3 hours later and it's ok, since I had been renting for weeks and she said the manager said that's ok in general. I went to return my car, and the short haired female at the Orlando location who is rude as heck, told me I owed a certain amount. I returned the car 2 hours later b/c the other girl has been telling me it was ok for weeks. Again all conflicting information and lies.

The short haired female at the Orlando location is really nasty and even refused to rent me a car once I know because it was over a week long and there was nothing added. She just wants to be a jerk and screw people over. The other girl did it with no problem. So Fox Rent A Car took 150.00 from me and more because of their error on the website and their lies. It's not only a shady company but their reps are liars, and everyone tells you different and conflicting information. The prices can be ok but don't extend the rental online.

I thought FOX was a bargain at the lower rental rates, so I booked a car from the WA Airport in July 2015. The service desk attendant coached me into an upgrade for a very reasonable fee - $12 more per day (which was a lie---- as upon return, I was charged almost 3 times what was quoted to me at the rental desk). I also required customer services on the road as the brand new vehicle's oil light came on. It took more than 15 calls over two and a half days for anyone to call me back!!! Additionally, the front desk reported that the fuel charge would be "around $4 a gallon if they had to fill the tank upon return if gas was needed"; and I agreed since it was only about 50 cents more a gallon than the going airport gas station rate at the time and I knew that I may be pressured for time upon return.

I returned the car with a little over 3/4 of a tank of gas. When I got home I noticed that FOX charged me $5.99 a gallon! And if you think that is misleading of FOX to do, the resulting gas charge to me was over $95.00 for less than a quarter of a tank! Do they think I cannot do simple math as well? Even at 5.99 per gallon, that is almost 16 gallons of gas to fit into one quarter of a tank! What car gas tank do you know of that holds 64 gallons of gas? I disputed the charge but they refused to provide me with a gas receipt.

I also refused to initially purchased LDW2 (loss damage waiver insurance at $19.99 per day) because my own insurance company covers me in a rental car. They still charged me for it, pointing to my initials. I told them I was told to sign for gas in the space where the rental agent pointed on the form, not for loss damage insurance. They were extremely rude and practically called me an idiot "for not looking where I initialed".

I continued to dispute their claims, despite having paid them a huge deposit (more than three times the rental rate) and they refused to cooperate, almost never answering the phone or being put on hold for over 1.5 hours each and every time I called, and then when they did answer, I got transferred to another department and I was disconnected several times! It happened so often, it's as if it was planned that way. They also refused to provide adequate documentation for the gas charges and then sent me to a collection agency!!! FOX WAS PROVEN TO BE WRONG (and they owe me money) but they threatened my excellent credit in the meantime and it took me over a year to resolve.

FOX has the worst customer service in the history of mankind and their agents are deceitful and misleading in their business practices, as well as unnecessarily rude and indignant. You will be hit for excess fees, beyond which they minimally, fraudulently, or never disclose. NEVER RENT FROM FOX!!!! I STRONGLY RECOMMEND HERTZ RENTAL CARS INSTEAD.

I read all these reviews while we were waiting in line for an hour and a half at the Fox Rental car in LAX Fri. Oct. 21 - 24, 2016. Check, most common first complaint came true. Now I'm getting really worried. I was joking about how bad the reviews were while I was in line with the rest of the unhappy customers. People were beginning to argue because there is no rhyme or reason to the lines. Try going all the way to the right. I think the person checking us out heard me and I was worried about retaliation. But she was very nice, didn't try to up-sell me or anything.

Gave me the choice of insurance levels (I took the lowest one), didn't push me. Though she did say that I shouldn't take the convertible Mustang because there was a recall on the seat belts malfunctioning. Funny, didn't see that on the news. But she gave us a convertible Camero, so we were happy. I thought that the experience was going to change. But aside from waiting another 20 minutes to get out of the garage it was fine. The car worked great no problems. I paid for the empty tank thing and returned the car on fumes. I thought I had done a perfect job! Until the charge on my card showed up.

They charged me the full amount of the deposit. The receipt I received from the checkout guy showed a $140 discount, which would have given me the expected amount. I guess they figure no one looks. But after reading the reviews you better expect me to look for the charge. Anyway, typical story so far, I have spent a half hour on hold without so much as a check in. Hang up try again. No answer. So I disputed the charge on my credit card. I bet this takes months to untangle, but I'm hopeful I meet another employee as nice as the front desk girl who checked us in the first time. Whatever the difference in price probably isn't with the hassle.

I was told not to worry if I was going to drive to many tolls. That it wasn't a big deal. I was just charged 200 dollars for 10 dollars worth of tolls. They are the most dishonest company out there. I will never rent a car from them AGAIN!

I would love to bring a class action suit against this company. This company should be put out of business! First off, it's a game of bait and switch. They make you stand in line for hours and then say you are late and they gave your car away. I went from a challenger to a Jetta, with scratches all over it, no gas, inside was nasty dirty interior. They also charged my credit card 200 more. I have never had a rental company treat me like this. It's something out of a third world country. I want this company gone!! If you can't do business the right way you should practice in the USA!!

Worse car rental ever. We took an over two hours to get the car, they look cheap but they charge you everything even for using the Bluetooth if the car has one. The car it has damage from previous accidents. We wanted to extend the rental for two days and even if we called way ahead they didn't want to give us the same rate we were paying. They said we will have to come back to airport and rent the car again that they will not help you over the phone. Last, the shuttle don't take you back to the airport they leave you at the bus stop. I will never use this company again.

To begin; the car was not as agreed upon at time of rental, secondly, the car we did receive was dirty inside and out. We rented the car at Miami International and their office is in a back alley of sorts (not well lit, etc.). The biggest complaint however, is the letter I just received explaining that I had $2.80 in unpaid tolls and $60.00 in administrative fees. What it amounts to, in my opinion, is another tax on the visitor to their state. I will not spend any more money in FL.

Fox Rent A Car Company Profile