Fox Rent A Car

Compare Rental Cars

Research top Rental Cars recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I recently rented the car in November 2016 in Istanbul. As it was really cheap, I opted for them. I bought extra insurance for 12$. On the second day, I had an accident and despite having the report, they rejected the report (saying "it's written in Turkish. Somebody wrote it for you". Yes the damn report form was in Turkish, so the guys around the accident helped to write it). Eventually, they on the spot charged me 1100 lira (350$) and for the two gallons of fuel used he charged me 20$ which I believe also ripoff. The worst - on top of 1100 lira paid, they kept my 500 lira deposit on the card. So eventually, I paid 1600 lira (the Turkish guys told me that my insurance should cover and the damage is maximum 150$ worth). So they charged me more than 500$. NEVER GO FOR CHEAP OPTIONS. The guy who worked at Erboy domestic terminal of Istanbul airport is very RUDE, very bad mannered person.

I made my reservation in the morning for pick up in the afternoon in Phoenix, AZ. When we got to the counter, they said they couldn't find my reservation and it was because I made it that day. They said I needed to wait 2 more hours (for total of 8 hours) before their system would find it if I wanted to get the price I booked via Orbitz. I rent cars all of the time and usually book it as I'm deplaning and going to the rental car area - no other company has had this problem. I was running to a meeting for work and needed to leave right away and then they charged me FOUR times as much as what I booked it at on Orbitz. When I asked why, she gave me a list of reasons for extra fees I have never heard of before and she of course said she was giving me a "discount" since I was with a nonprofit. 4x as much! Whoa! It ended up being more than if I went through Avis, my usual go-to company.

I felt terrible for the young man at the counter next to me. He was clearly on a strict budget, in college. He was under the impression he had prepaid everything for the car and showed the guy and even me the receipt showing that. They told him of all of these extra fees and he just didn't have the money at all. His girlfriend said she would have to put it on her card and use the money intended for her school books... so sad! They are running a scam!!

It was beyond frustrating after this experience to go down to the get the car - the lady upstairs told us keys were in the car and we could go. Keys weren't in the car and apparently they never are. Their employees need to know what's going on. After walking all over, we found the counter downstairs and got it straightened out. Everything just took a long time. The car was just fine though once we were on our way and thankfully I had no issues returning it. Will never use Fox again.

I selected Fox Rental through Orbitz and had to change my pickup and drop off time. The website does not have a phone number and had to go through Orbitz. I was on hold for over 45 minutes and gave up. It took a total of 1.5 hours to get them to make this simple change. When we arrived at the LAX airport, the shuttle service was slim pickings. There were other shuttles that came by at least two times before Fox finally came around. It took about 30 minutes to wait for the shuttle and then about 15 minutes to get to the location.

We arrived about 10:30 p.m. and there was a huge line of about 50 people and only 3 employees. We had to wait in line for over an hour only to find that they didn't have the SUV I had reserved and we had to pick out a car. It was tough to get 4 people and all of our luggage into a car. The car was okay, but getting it back was another ordeal because we had to get in line again to get our refund from SUV to car charge. We were also charged a $150 deposit that we were not told previously about.

All in all, we did not think that a cheap rate was worth all of the hassle and the tremendous lines. They knew in advance how many people had rented vehicles that night and should have had more employees on hand to handle such a large crowd. Also, if you reserve a certain kind of vehicle, it should be there to pick up. We were able to get our refund though and they also agreed to put on the paperwork as we left initially that the car tank was not full.

Because Car Rental companies that had facility at Orlando Airport did not have any cars available, we needed to rent from Fox… offsite. I rented via Travelocity and had a confirmation invoice sent to my phone that verified rental cost and reflected exactly what FOX website was offering. Upon arrival at offsite facility (a 15 minute ride and even longer wait to get auto) was told we had to pay a $150 deposit that would be refunded upon return of vehicle. This was not stated anywhere on website or on our invoice.

Received monthly bill from VISA and entire amount had been charged to card, but no refund was showing. Had to call Travelocity and explain as they were unaware of any deposit being required from FOX. We have not received anything yet from FOX verifying a return. Car was returned within 12 hrs. of rental. FOX holds deposit and makes interest off of it before returning money to card. This is total BS and am going to State Attorney General's office with this. They are collecting a deposit that is not printed on the rental agreement and then hold the money. That bad karma bus will find them one day. Shame on FOX Rental.

I wish I had seen this site before I used Fox Rent A Car. It has been the biggest mistake and worst transaction I've had in as long as I can remember. I say this without exaggeration and I agree about one of the other reviewers here. Some legal action should be taken against this company on behalf of we, the consumers.

I booked an SUV (Jeep Grand Cherokee or similar) on 10/13/16 via Orbitz for a reservation for Thanksgiving 11/23-11/27. My arrival was 11:00pm on 11/23 and I set my pick-up time accordingly well in advance. The poor experience started while waiting for the shuttle. About 30 minutes passed before the Fox shuttle arrived. The competitors all had at least two shuttles come in that same time. We, about 15-20 of us, finally arrive at the rental area and get in line. I am called about 15 minutes later and the young girl starts the process. Starts off not needing my confirmation number via Orbitz but she can't find my name or reservation (not good). Finally finds my name and then walks off for 5+ minutes without telling me why. Comes back, types around and walks away again. Upon return I ask her what's up and she says she has to see what cars are left. Uh oh... I thought I had reserved a car one month ago.

Now the announcement: "is anyone here looking to get an SUV?" Almost everyone raised their hands. Then I are told, "we overbooked today and all the SUV's are rented. We have compacts." I said that won't do and then started to get frustrated since I had a reservation and be girl didn't seem to understand why I was upset they didn't have the car. She then became incredulous and said, "no matter how many times you ask or question us an SUV isn't going to just magically appear." I asked for her manager... to which she started at me. I had to ask three times before an even nastier person emerged from their office.

Now the fun begins with the so-called management. Jaylin ** (it took me multiple times to get her name as she refused to give me last name or email and her co-workers also didn't know her last name... Apparently they thought that was an ok answer) comes up and asks, "what's the problem sir?" Glad to know they communicate because what did they think my issue was? I said "I made a reservation, you guys don't have my car and this is unacceptable." She began to explain how for "7 hours today" she's been dealing with upset people because they didn't have enough cars. I looked at her and said, "Your job is to rent cars. If you can't fulfill the rental reservations for your clients of course they will be upset. How is that my fault? You didn't prepare well for the thanksgiving volume and I am the one who has to suffer (it is now almost 12:30am MST) as a result of your incompetence."

Cue the fireworks. This woman Jaylin, with her poorly dyed red hair, was not into solutions or hearing logic. She told me I was being difficult and she didn't have to deal with this and basically told me go elsewhere to rent a car. Are you kidding me? Go elsewhere? That's Fox Rent A Car's response to screwing up a reservation and wasting two hours of someone's time? I was gobsmacked by this.

Long story short after many attempts to try to get them just to help me out I was then handed a piece of paper that is called an Off Sell Letter. The service Rep just gives to me and says, "OK here you go. You can go now." I look at her and say, "I don't know what this is, you guys don't communicate nor explain anything clearly or thoroughly. I've no idea what's going or where am I getting my car." That's when she told me I had to go to ANOTHER rent a car company at the airport. Wtf? After all this screw up, the callously indifferent and incredulous service Rep (who refused to give me her name... But I think it's Martha or Meredith... She is young, has a nose ring and straight light brown hair), and then the manager who was the most ridiculous and illogical person I have met in a while, the outcome is to tell me to go pound sand and to go to a competitor to find a car at 1am on Thanksgiving.

I go get a new car at a rental place, ending up with a Kia Sorento as that was the closest thing to what I had reserved. My charged I booked with Fox via Orbitz was $473... Now my rental car is $1,335 (including a $200 deposit). So not only did Fox treat me like dirt I have to then spend $1,000 more than I had planned due to their incompetence and negligence. Luckily I have the funds but what if I didn't? How would they feel if it was they that was stranded on Thanksgiving day because someone messed up their reservation?

Apparently now I have to contact someone at Fox within 24 hours of this incident to "qualify" for a reimbursement of cost difference. Today is thanksgiving. This heartless and ridiculous company should fail and I hope this review steers future business away. NEVER USE FOX RENT A CAR... It's a complete scam and I will be reporting them to the BBB, local news, the consumer protection services as well as local state officials.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Rent A Car?

We reserved our car at the Miami location for pick up at 12pm. It took forever to get the shuttle to the location, then we waited in line for at least 30 minutes. We arrived at the counter at 3:20 pm, they said they cancelled our reservation because we were over the 3 hour late limit (which we were never made aware of). They tried to tell us they only had a Suburban available. After much discussion with the manager, we finally got the car we reserved. We were charged 8.99$ per day for the SunPass (another charge we were not made aware of). Our car smelled like cigarette smoke, the windows and mirrors were filthy, the lighter had no power, so we couldn't charge our phones or use our navigation devices without running down phone batteries. The windows and mirrors were not automatic. The customer service at this place is horrible. DO NOT USE THEM.

If I can put zero star I would do it for this terrible company! We made reservation online to pick up the car at MIA. But soon we realized that Fox Rent A Car location is not at the airport, we have to take a shuttle about 15 minutes. We took a shuttle and we were taking to the terrible, very scary location and place. But we were so stupid and still rented a car from them. We were told that in Miami a lot of toll roads and it will cost us $15 every time we will pass them. And they offered to buy toll road pass for $8.99 a day. Later we learned that the toll roads are from $1.05 to $1.50.

When we drove back to return the car the huge surprise was waiting for us! The road to go there (just few meters from their location) was close down! Not GPS, not even iPhone wouldn't help us to get to this terrible location. We even stop the police to ask for help. Police tried, but couldn't help us either! We spent more than 2 hours to try different ways to get to their location! We called them, waited for 45 minute for them to pick up the phone! Finally, we found another phone number and called them again and lady pick up the call. She finally help us to get to this location.

We were so stressed out! Until now we are shaking to even think about it! We almost missed our plane! Thank God we had enough time before the plane! They knew the road was closed, but didn't even bother to notify their clients! And they are not cheap! You expect one price, but when you come they calculate and add some charges and you will end up to pay like for limo! Be careful with this company! This is the worst company I ever seen! If I can sued them I will! I'm so stressed!!!

I and my wife, a travel writer for a major magazine, rented a car with Fox from San Francisco Airport for 14 days. Due to an emergency, we have to change our plans and return the car early. We're amazed to discover they charge $39.98/day for an early return -- more for the return than the daily rate. We've never had that happen with any other major car rental agency over decades of rentals. We would like to hear from others who have had similar experiences.

US $3,000.00 as deposit if I refuse to take insurance, then charge me whatever amount and disregard what was agree on, since you already had my money. I could had bought the car and keep it for my next trip. I'm definitely not using FOX. Let's see what the experience with the next one is. This is a very good way to keep customer from your competition. I give you that one. Then you think you can put a claim on it, talk to Destiny as an customer service rep and she says that I have to go back to that location to talk to manager. Mine was an overnight flight landing at 2 am. I called to make sure everything was OK. The person I spoke to said it was a 24-hr location and that the shuttle bus was going to be there.

As they did, problem was there were two groups. We didn't fit in the "Bus", took us first supposedly to their location and left us in the middle of the road with our luggage because he had to go get the other group before somebody takes them from him. Turns out, our driver does everything there. He is the one who is suppose to hand us the vehicle. When he comes back with the other group he explains all the scam to us, since we had no other choice but to take it. We did. Oh what a miracle. They didn't have connection to go through the payment and kept my credit card info to try later on manually. The car was filthy inside and out, like someone just left it there and without gas at 2 am, every gas station around closed.

This place is a big scam. If you decline coverages and make sure they're not there, you'll be ok. I had a nice rep helping me out and she was good. The problems started when I began extending my rental online. I was told there was a 20/day extra fee for this, however, online it only shows ONE fee. This is to trick or deceive customers. I called and spoke to many people and even online, where the people said that this is all I have to pay - no extra fees. I then called days ago to talk to a rude rep on the phone named Frank, who told me I owed over 300 dollars in extension fees. I said "how is that possible if everyone I talked to told me that there were no fees." I'm very about doing my research and talking to people.

This was terrible - the website is deceptive and people get screwed over. I spoke to billing who took off half the extension fees, but they didn't give me back my security deposit. The girl who helped me at the location told me that I can return my car 2-3 hours later and it's ok, since I had been renting for weeks and she said the manager said that's ok in general. I went to return my car, and the short haired female at the Orlando location who is rude as heck, told me I owed a certain amount. I returned the car 2 hours later b/c the other girl has been telling me it was ok for weeks. Again all conflicting information and lies.

The short haired female at the Orlando location is really nasty and even refused to rent me a car once I know because it was over a week long and there was nothing added. She just wants to be a jerk and screw people over. The other girl did it with no problem. So Fox Rent A Car took 150.00 from me and more because of their error on the website and their lies. It's not only a shady company but their reps are liars, and everyone tells you different and conflicting information. The prices can be ok but don't extend the rental online.

I thought FOX was a bargain at the lower rental rates, so I booked a car from the WA Airport in July 2015. The service desk attendant coached me into an upgrade for a very reasonable fee - $12 more per day (which was a lie---- as upon return, I was charged almost 3 times what was quoted to me at the rental desk). I also required customer services on the road as the brand new vehicle's oil light came on. It took more than 15 calls over two and a half days for anyone to call me back!!! Additionally, the front desk reported that the fuel charge would be "around $4 a gallon if they had to fill the tank upon return if gas was needed"; and I agreed since it was only about 50 cents more a gallon than the going airport gas station rate at the time and I knew that I may be pressured for time upon return.

I returned the car with a little over 3/4 of a tank of gas. When I got home I noticed that FOX charged me $5.99 a gallon! And if you think that is misleading of FOX to do, the resulting gas charge to me was over $95.00 for less than a quarter of a tank! Do they think I cannot do simple math as well? Even at 5.99 per gallon, that is almost 16 gallons of gas to fit into one quarter of a tank! What car gas tank do you know of that holds 64 gallons of gas? I disputed the charge but they refused to provide me with a gas receipt.

I also refused to initially purchased LDW2 (loss damage waiver insurance at $19.99 per day) because my own insurance company covers me in a rental car. They still charged me for it, pointing to my initials. I told them I was told to sign for gas in the space where the rental agent pointed on the form, not for loss damage insurance. They were extremely rude and practically called me an idiot "for not looking where I initialed".

I continued to dispute their claims, despite having paid them a huge deposit (more than three times the rental rate) and they refused to cooperate, almost never answering the phone or being put on hold for over 1.5 hours each and every time I called, and then when they did answer, I got transferred to another department and I was disconnected several times! It happened so often, it's as if it was planned that way. They also refused to provide adequate documentation for the gas charges and then sent me to a collection agency!!! FOX WAS PROVEN TO BE WRONG (and they owe me money) but they threatened my excellent credit in the meantime and it took me over a year to resolve.

FOX has the worst customer service in the history of mankind and their agents are deceitful and misleading in their business practices, as well as unnecessarily rude and indignant. You will be hit for excess fees, beyond which they minimally, fraudulently, or never disclose. NEVER RENT FROM FOX!!!! I STRONGLY RECOMMEND HERTZ RENTAL CARS INSTEAD.

I read all these reviews while we were waiting in line for an hour and a half at the Fox Rental car in LAX Fri. Oct. 21 - 24, 2016. Check, most common first complaint came true. Now I'm getting really worried. I was joking about how bad the reviews were while I was in line with the rest of the unhappy customers. People were beginning to argue because there is no rhyme or reason to the lines. Try going all the way to the right. I think the person checking us out heard me and I was worried about retaliation. But she was very nice, didn't try to up-sell me or anything.

Gave me the choice of insurance levels (I took the lowest one), didn't push me. Though she did say that I shouldn't take the convertible Mustang because there was a recall on the seat belts malfunctioning. Funny, didn't see that on the news. But she gave us a convertible Camero, so we were happy. I thought that the experience was going to change. But aside from waiting another 20 minutes to get out of the garage it was fine. The car worked great no problems. I paid for the empty tank thing and returned the car on fumes. I thought I had done a perfect job! Until the charge on my card showed up.

They charged me the full amount of the deposit. The receipt I received from the checkout guy showed a $140 discount, which would have given me the expected amount. I guess they figure no one looks. But after reading the reviews you better expect me to look for the charge. Anyway, typical story so far, I have spent a half hour on hold without so much as a check in. Hang up try again. No answer. So I disputed the charge on my credit card. I bet this takes months to untangle, but I'm hopeful I meet another employee as nice as the front desk girl who checked us in the first time. Whatever the difference in price probably isn't with the hassle.

I was told not to worry if I was going to drive to many tolls. That it wasn't a big deal. I was just charged 200 dollars for 10 dollars worth of tolls. They are the most dishonest company out there. I will never rent a car from them AGAIN!

I would love to bring a class action suit against this company. This company should be put out of business! First off, it's a game of bait and switch. They make you stand in line for hours and then say you are late and they gave your car away. I went from a challenger to a Jetta, with scratches all over it, no gas, inside was nasty dirty interior. They also charged my credit card 200 more. I have never had a rental company treat me like this. It's something out of a third world country. I want this company gone!! If you can't do business the right way you should practice in the USA!!

Worse car rental ever. We took an over two hours to get the car, they look cheap but they charge you everything even for using the Bluetooth if the car has one. The car it has damage from previous accidents. We wanted to extend the rental for two days and even if we called way ahead they didn't want to give us the same rate we were paying. They said we will have to come back to airport and rent the car again that they will not help you over the phone. Last, the shuttle don't take you back to the airport they leave you at the bus stop. I will never use this company again.

To begin; the car was not as agreed upon at time of rental, secondly, the car we did receive was dirty inside and out. We rented the car at Miami International and their office is in a back alley of sorts (not well lit, etc.). The biggest complaint however, is the letter I just received explaining that I had $2.80 in unpaid tolls and $60.00 in administrative fees. What it amounts to, in my opinion, is another tax on the visitor to their state. I will not spend any more money in FL.

Avoid at all costs, far away from airport and the staff plays games with the customers when they do not get what they want... More commissions. From the top to the bottom of this company customer service is so far below par it deserves a negative rating if I could give it! Happy to discuss with anyone my experience but save yourself the time and abuse and go elsewhere.

We rented a car online for our trip to Phoenix to visit family. We made a horrible mistake by choosing Fox Car Rental out of Sky Harbor airport. The online total price IS NOT THE ACTUAL PRICE as clearly stated. Worst experience EVER!!! They try to get you to upgrade, they have hidden fees, they even tell you if you don't buy their extra insurance you would have to pay a daily rental rate if the car is damaged and it "ends up going to trial"!! Seriously!?! Shame on us for not doing all our homework. NEVER AGAIN!! DO NOT RENT A CAR FROM THIS COMPANY!!! The total was not $319... We did not get an upgrade and did not buy their extras... and we have been charged $389 + $186!!!

I prepaid for a jeep and when arrived to pick it up they didn't have one. Gave me another car that was not clean. We had no choice but to take it. And they charged me twice. And now I can disputing the charge with my credit card company. The experience at the pick up is terrible. They try to get you to sign up for so many different things you dont need. They are liars. They should be removed from the list of cars to rent. Go anywhere else but not there. They are bad people.

The rental experience from Fox was a total nightmare! Do not rent from this company!!! You will be given conflicting information from employees and then charged for your ignorance!! Stick with American run companies that speak English as their first language!!!

Reserved a particular SUV online. Flew 5 hours to pick up the car and was told they don't have it. I reserved a price online for $289 for a car they don't have. Finally after arguing with the SALES employee who obviously gets commission we agreed on a different car. When it came to paying for this car the price all the sudden went from $289 to $579. Biggest scam ever. Don't ever use this company!! I hope it gets shut down by BBB ASAP!

Rented three times in 2016 from Fox LAX, and all three time they were the cheapest according to Expedia. The saying "you get what you pay for" applies. They are the low service/high volume provider. The crowds there speak to this pricing/service model. Their cars are a little older and dirtier (our last car had 3 areas of body damage, with almost 60,000, but we got a great price as well). Be prepared to wait for the shuttle bus as well. Advice: Fine if you want low price, but ensure you have your confirmed reservation and price IN HAND, and obtain the body damage slip upon check-out, eg, everything in writing and low expectations, but lowest price as well...

I recently had a horrible experience with Fox Rent A Car. On July 29, 2016, I made and received confirmation for a rental vehicle through Southwest Airlines for 13 days. I was scheduled to pick up my vehicle in Oakland, California, on September 21, 2016 at 2:30 pm. On September 21, 2016, I flew into San Diego, California from San Antonio, Texas, on Southwest Airlines; plane landed at 10:45 am. My original flight into Oakland was scheduled to depart from San Diego at 11:35 am and arrive in Oakland at 1:05 pm.

The scheduled Southwest Airlines plane was sitting at the gate having mechanical problems. The maintenance people on the ground attempted to fix the plane because Southwest Airlines had no replacement plane for the numerous of people expecting to fly into Oakland. After an hour delay, I tried to contact the Oakland Fox Rent A Car office frantically over a 2-hour period via Toll Free (800) 225-4369, and local (855) 849-4206 numbers. I was just kept being on hold and getting disconnected, which started the waiting time all over again. I wanted to talk to someone in customer service to tell them my flight was being delayed and to change my car rentals pick-up time. I never did get to talk to anyone in the customer service department. Next, I went online and found a Live Chat with a Fox Rent A Car representative. I made contact with a representative and told her I wanted to keep my car reservation.

I explained to her that my flight was being delayed and I would not be able to make my 2:30 pm pick-up time in Oakland. I asked her to modify my pick-up time to a later time. After giving the customer service representative my confirmation number to her, I was abruptly told I needed to contact Southwest Airlines to have my pick-up time modified because the car reservation was made through them. I contacted Southwest Airlines and their customer service representative was surprised to hear that the Fox Rent A Car representative told me to contact them. They suggested my car rental reservation should be honored due to the plane's mechanical problems that was scheduled to fly into Oakland.

The plane was delayed twice and eventually canceled due to mechanical failures. To make matters worse, the next two Southwest Airlines flights going into Oakland were completely full. I was placed on Southwest Airlines Flight, which took off at 8:20 pm and didn't arrive in Oakland until 9:50 pm. I spent over 7 hours stuck in the San Diego Airport.

When I did make it to the Oakland Fox Rent A Car's Rental Center, I was told my car reservation was canceled. I explained to the representative behind the counter about why I was late picking up my rental car. It's after 10 pm and I have my luggage and no car to drive. The Fox Rent A Car representative suggested my reservation should be granted due to no fault of my own; however, she needed to call her manager first. After talking to her manager, I was told I would have to have a new reservation and pay an additional $200 to get a rental car. I found this to be outrageous and refused to pay the suggested new rate.

I went to another rental car company and was told I got screwed and that they hold car reservations for 24-hours. I had to pay $145 extra because the Fox Rent A Car company refused to honor my previous car rental agreement. I don't understand why my car reservation was even canceled before the end of day. The Oakland Fox Rent A Car Center business hours are from 5 am to 11:30 pm. The Customer Service from Fox Rent A Car was the worse experience I have ever had. I wrote a complaint letter to their corporate headquarters in Los Angeles and will never try to rent from them again.

I had rented a Fox car in San Francisco and was satisfied so when I had to go to Colorado I tried other companies but no less expensive cars were available. Fox indicated that they had nothing that was less than $48.00 per day. I reserved an Equinox or similar. When I got to Colorado I had to wait more than 1/2 hour for the bus along with 8 other people. We finally arrived at Fox to find that another 10-12 people were in line. After waiting 1 hour 15 min. I finally made it to the front of the line. There were 3 people working the counter. When I got to the front, the one girl left the counter. It was finally my turn and I was told that the Equinox was not available and I could either have an Explorer or Dodge Durango, but the Durango was new and the Explorers were several years old. Of course I took the newer car.

Now instead of $48.00 it was $54.00. In the 4 days I had the car, I had to add air to one tire every day at a cost of $1.50 each time. The car was so high, I am 5'6", that I had a hard time getting into the car and had to slide out like a child sliding out of a highchair. Returning the car was a nightmare as Fox is not where the rest of the cars are. It took me half an hour to find the building. All in all, it was a terrible experience and the last time I will rent from Fox.

When renting the car, I knew nothing of the way toll roads were charged. Other than where you pull up, toss your money in the basket, green light...go. Every $3.70 toll road to and from airport, Fox Rent Car charged me $15 additional $ each until my bill was over $100. For toll roads! They have my credit card and will charge it whether I approve it or not. You don't even know you're on them because I was visiting the state, and not familiar with this. Shame on you Fox. I now see online that there are class action lawsuits against you for this. When I returned my car, you also charged me $25 for early return penalty. I brought it back 30 min. early. Really? You are glaringly unethical at every angle you can trick people. FOX named appropriately. Attorneys man up for another class action suit.

I made an reservation of "Standard - Convertible" car from the "FOX RENT A CAR" via Expedia.com on July 20, 2016. "FOX RENT A CAR", Los Angeles International Airport, 5500 W Century Blvd Los Angeles Airport (LAX), Los Angeles, CA 90045. Pick-up: Oct 1, 2016 12:30AM Los Angeles (LAX). Me, my wife and my son arrived to the "FOX RENT A CAR" at 12:45AM on Oct 1, 2016. There were 5 employees and 2 people before me in line. We was waiting in line about 30 min, because the staff were talking to each other, laughing and ignoring all in line. Me and all 5 people in line (2 before me and 3 after me) were so angry by behaviour of staff, but nobody cared about it.

I got my window. I showed my reservation. The employee informed me "They do not have Convertible car for me". They had only non-Convertible cars and also I should pay additional $12.99 for each day for unnecessary insurance (I have insurance). I asked: "How? I made a reservation 2.5 months ago!" But they suggested me to come "NEXT DAY!!!" and, maybe, they will have a Convertible car then. We got this "news" in the middle of night. My wife was very upset, she got very bad feeling because it was her dream (Convertible Car). She had illness heart. My son was almost crying.

I made another reservation with the "Enterprise" company and I asked the "FOX RENT A CAR" staff to bring us there. It was two blocks away (1.1 miles) but they did not do it. He (employee) told us: "You have two options: Come to us tomorrow, or go back to the airport." We chose the second. And we went to the airport with NO CARS from the "FOX RENT A CAR", but very disappointed.

We believe, our rights of customers were broken. We have not got the rent service from the "FOX RENT A CAR". We wasted a lot of time with "FOX RENT A CAR" and we got very bad feeling. Our health was in danger. We have not got the car based on reservation. Actually, we have not got any car in the "FOX RENT A CAR". We believe, the "FOX RENT A CAR" should not provide so poor service (or absent of service) for clients. My actual rating is -999, but I have to click 1 star to publish my opinion.

I had never rented with Fox Car Rental in the past. When I booked my flight with Southwest Airlines a prompt came up, "Do you want to rent a car?" so I did. I always had good luck with Southwest so I went ahead and booked. When I landed at Fort Lauderdale we went to the Rental Car Terminal and could not find where Fox anywhere. We finally asked and were told the shuttle bus pickup was at the end of the terminal away from all the other shuttles. We arrived at a broken down old gas station and that was their pick up location. There were 6 renters in front of us, and we had to wait for over an hour to get our turn at the desk.

When we were checking in, we were repeatedly yelled at for not taking the extra insurance and toll road transponder. I was told, my car was going to be stolen and I would have to pay for the whole thing. Also, what all the fines were for not having a transponder on my rental car. I told him I was not going on toll roads but he continued to tell me the error of my ways. Finally I was given a piece of paper with the number 3 on it, no other instructions and was told I was done. I went to the lot where the 2 people in front of me were looking for a clean decent car to take. My return was uneventful, except I was dropped off at the shuttle stop as far away from the terminal as possible. I actually had a trip in December also booked with Fox but I canceled the reservation and booked with Alamo.

We recently had an incident where we scraped the left bumper of our car into a parked car. We had taken 3rd party insurance with Fox, but declined their car damage waiver because Visa was insuring our car. The claim posted by them to Visa was of $2400. While such a high amount for such a minor scratch was insane in itself, we were glad we didn't have to pay anything. We filled out the paperwork and after 6 weeks got a letter from Fox saying that Visa was only willing to pay $2150 and we'd have to pay around $250. Not only that, they asked us to pay up in 10 days or they would get us to pay the full $2400.

When we called up Visa, we came to know that Fox had already negotiated a price with them. They were trying to strong arm us into recovering more money without Visa's knowledge. When we tried calling Fox recovery agent, Judi **, she would not would pick up. The voice mails said that they don't check their voice mail, and to call another agent. Of course that agent never picks up either.

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. My experience for reservation was fine. Getting the car, the person was not very friendly but ok. Returning the car... could not find the place in the dark and no one to ask. They say on the statement that they are open 24 hrs a day but a message comes on and no one returns message after 2 hours of looking for place. The manager, Jaylin, was mean and rude. Benjamin nastily said I owed $500 for the keys... they were in the key place on the trunk. When I went outside for a minute to get my other bag, my suitcase that was sitting on the chair and its contents were all over the lobby. They said it fell... it was thrown off that chair.

Then Benjamin says that he is going to call the police on me if I do not leave. I am putting all the contents of my suitcase back in then I told an older woman employee that someone left barbells... "they are mine and you better not touch them." I have called three times in the past three weeks for a manager and no one gets back to me. THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I EVER EXPERIENCED. RENT ENTERPRISE GREAT SERVICE.

We rented a car at the Fox in Los Angeles after a 5 hour plane ride across country. Never, ever again. Wish I had read the reviews first. Long and confusing lines, with no one attempting to direct the barrage of people in lines. After waiting in line for more than an hour, went to the selection of cars. The first car we looked at smelled of cigarette smoke and had burns on the seat. We looked at a few more, and they were all dirty, so we chose the "cleanest" of the dirty cars. The also took out a security deposit. I'll wait and see if it's returned, since I'm reading that this was an issue for some consumers.

Fox Rent A Car Company Profile