Need a good rental car company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.74/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Fox Rent A Car Reviews

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I rented a car in LAX and was charged a number of services and insurance that were not explained to me when I picked up the car. The agent quickly went through the contract on a very small computer window that is hard to read and navigate. Without any reminder about what services and insurance I was asked to purchase, I was asked to sign the contract which I only received in email after I returned the car.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Beware of insurance scam from Fox Rental - Orlando/Disney. STAY AWAY! Fox Rental failed to refund us the hoax insurance charge most do not need and we did not need for Lost Damage Waiver. The sales agent at the counter should not have lied to us, forcing us to buy unnecessary insurance that doubled the cost of our original estimate when we pre-reserved the vehicle. We immediately discovered we didn't need this bogus insurance he insisted upon. We should have been able to change our agreement.

Once arriving at our vacation spot, we immediately called the agency and after an hour of being on hold with their customer service department, they denied removing this hoax of a charge. Finally, they should not have taken the label off the gas cap release lever in the car next to the driver's seat. I feel they did this on purpose to keep customers from finding it and being able to return the car full of gas to avoid the gas charges they will incur from Fox Rent A Car. Fortunately, I found the lever to avoid this particular scam.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I rented in Toronto Airport and Fox website advertise that the location is on the airport. Well, it is a lie! You have to take a train and a shuttle to get to the location. I had booked the rental through Expedia in CAD$ and at the counter the asked for US$ and said there has been a mistake by Expedia!!! Upon showing my Expedia confirmation and arguing for 15 minutes, they finally agreed to the price however, they asked for additional $11.95 per day for mandatory insurance. Both my car insurance and credit card covers the rental insurance but they wanted written proof!!!! Who carries their car insurance in their pocket?!!!

The expedia contract indicates "price includes all fees, taxes and mandatory charges. Insurance is optional." They would not accept that. I spend an hour and half to get my insurance broker to email me the papers and get a confirmation from credit card company. My vacation for my family was ruined on the first day of our trip. This company SHOULD go out of business. Just one word HORRIBLE.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I have never had a rental car as bad as this one was, we rented a Jeep Wrangler which was never serviced and we almost went off the mountain because of that. The problem was that the car when making a right turned it would pull to left in 4 wheel drive. This would only happen in 4 wheel drive. While we were on the mountain the sign said to drive with only 4 wheel drive which we did. Fortunately we were causes of the new car yet unaware of the danger which the car put us in. We had a conversation with the drop off person, who promised me that there will be someone who will contact us regarding this matter. It's been 3 weeks and no calls were made to us from Fox rental or from Denver office. Please be careful. Check all specs out before driving out the lot, as it seems that this company doesn't care about your safety or their reputation.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Whatever you do do not rent from Fox Rent A Car. I was supposed to spend $88 and my total bill as of now is $292. They will add on multiple types of insurance, charge you for extra hours even if you bring the car back early and not provide the toll service that they say they're going to. Read all the fine print but better yet just do not go there to start with. Eduardo at the Miami location should be worried about his karma.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Rent A Car?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Just a friendly reminder that if you pre-pay for a rental and for some unforeseen reason you have to cancel, FOX Rent A Car, WILL NOT REFUND your money regardless of any reason you might have. Canceled my reservations 5 (five) weeks in advance of my reservation date and their response was, "Ok - we'll give you a credit." Credit is good for only 1(one) year so if you can't go within that year - guess what - YOU LOST YOUR MONEY!!!! By the way - they don't tell you that when you make your reservations either. The only time they inform you is when you have already paid and they send you a confirmation of the rental and the notice is on the very bottom of the email. Rent wisely or it might cost you.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

1 and only rental from this company! If you choose to rent from these thieves read a the fine print! We had an $18.60 toll on our rental, not an issues. What is the issue is the $60.00 Admin fee they charged! Nope, not a misprint, $60 fee for an 18.60 toll. Rent at your own risk!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Good experience when getting the car but bad on receiving the warranty money back, 500usd! After 6 weeks since the payment of that warranty, still didn't get it back. All I received was words of confirmation of that payment but not the actual money... Next stop consumers rights department..

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I rented a car from Fox Rent a Car at the San Diego airport. I was told by the agent, and it was stated on the written contract, to return the car at the assigned date & time. I did so, but was charged a late fee because I had picked up the car a couple of hours earlier than expected. I informed Fox that the agent and the contract noted the return date & time and that I had complied. Fox's response was "Too bad, you should have read the fine print which allows us to charge you late fees." I complained and was told by the manager, "Go ahead and sue us." I had to submit a legal demand letter to Fox to finally get my fees returned. Terrible customer treatment!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

We reserved a RAV4 months in advance to pick up in Tampa, FL. The RAV4 was not available and they offered a sedan in its place. We needed the SUV space for a large box we were carrying. After much delay and "going to the manager" we got a Dodge Journey. It was filthy with white paint splatter all over the black vehicle. The inside of the windshield was so dirty we had to stop to clean it so that we could see. The vehicle was unsafe to drive, requiring constant attention to the steering which wandered. The vehicle also used almost twice the fuel the reserved RAV$ would have used. An email to the manager at Tampa received no reply. Several calls to the rental agency with extended wait periods ended up in the girl saying she would look at it and hung up on me. FOX has had the auto reserved 1 of 3 times we have used them...a waste of time in my opinion.

Fox Rent A Car Company Information