Need a good rental car company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.17/5

990 Fox Rent A Car Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I rented a premium car for a trip to Austin, Tx 7/23-7/27/19. Got to the car rental agency, stood in line for half an hour only to find out that not only did they not have any premium cars, they had NO CARS. After a long day of travel, finding out that something that you planned on, and booked months in advance, wasn't available was extremely frustrating. Thankfully we found another agency that had a car available to us (AAdvantage), and they were extremely accommodating.

I will never book with this discount rental company again. Live and learn-you get what you pay for. Stay away from Fox Rent A Car. It's not worth the hassle.

Original review: July 26, 2019

We rented a car so that we could have a new dependable vehicle for a trip from California to Park City, Utah. We were given a Jeep. Unfortunately, the vehicle was not serviced properly. On the way back the vehicle kept turning off in the middle of the highway. Dangerous at 75mph. We called Fox at approx 4pm and they said they would have a replacement vehicle in three hours. They did not arrive until past 11pm (seven hours). We were travelling with a one year old and had to check in to a hotel at a cost of $101 for the night. Furthermore, we lost the reservation we had in the middle of the trip. Thus far, they have not adjusted for the problem and inconvenience we experienced. Will escalate and see how they handle the problem.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I had a daily insurance fee of 17.00 a day. When I returned the car, there was a small ding on the driver’s side front window from a rock that hit it I the freeway. I had to fill out an accident form and the inspector said I would not be charged. Next thing I know is I lose my 150.00 deposit for the ding. The car smelt like dirty feet when we got it. We were also hit with several add on fees that made the car cost about 20.00 more per day than other rental companies. This car rental cost me more than the plane flight, the hotel or any other big purchase on the trip. Save your money.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I booked a rental car from the Orlando location for our Disney Vacation- July 2019. As an experienced traveler - I will have to say DO NOT EVER book a rental vehicle with this company! We arrived at the airport and easily found the pickup point - this was the ONLY good part of this experience. We were shuttled to an off-site location and when we (a family of 5) arrived at the location - it was packed with at least 60 people - this is a small building and it was very hot - because the doors were being held open for people to be able to stand in line.

We arrived at the location at 12:15 pm. We stood in the line for 2 1/2 hours before getting up to the counter. During our time in line - there were on average 3 people working the counter - once in a while someone else would come work - maybe for 15-20 minutes and then leave. This is the worst customer service I have experienced! I wish I would have paid the $150 extra and rented a car from the airport rental car companies - it would've been so worth the extra $150.

Once we got up to the counter - we were told that they were out of the SUV that we had booked a month prior - they only had a minivan available and that was an upgrade they weren't charging us for. Really a full size SUV to a minivan is an upgrade? But, what could we do at that point - wait in line for another 2 hours of our vacation? Then the representative went through the contract with us and told us that if we brought the car back early - we would be charged a fee - what???? This is not a reputable business --- Run away! BEWARE!!!! Do not use this company EVER! I know I will NEVER use Fox again to rent a car.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I book the car thru Expedia for a total of 3 days at Las Vegas airport and took the insurance for $10 a day. But they kept charging me $40. I thought when I get to the counter I will get back to $30. Turns out Fox does not accept Expedia insurance. So I had to pay extra. When I got back home, I filed a claim on my credit card against Expedia. They fought it. But I did get my money back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Rent A Car?

Original review: July 17, 2019

Don’t use! Hard to believe these guys are in business. Arrived SFO at 10:00PM, then stood in line for two hours to get my “reserved” car. After trying to upsell me on absolutely everything (including 4 days of a toll plate gizmo, at 5 times the price of the Golden Gate toll, the full fuel angle, insurance for this, that and the other), I finally got my car. I kid you not, I thought it had been in a accident!? More dents, scratches, dings, than you could document. I called over an employee, after taking time stamped pictures, and asked for his assurance no one would suggest I had caused this damage on return. When asked how they got away with renting a car in such condition, he replied “If you want a good car, you shouldn’t rent with Fox!” Couldn’t say it better myself...

Original review: July 16, 2019

If you looking for a good price on a car rental and are willing to wait in line for 2+ hours Fox Rent A Car is perfect for you!! Don't forget time is money and you will learn to appreciate it at Fox Rent A Car!

Original review: July 16, 2019

Avoid this company at all costs! We rented a car for 12:00 noon and did not leave the facility until 2:30pm. Customer service was terrible. The agent who checked us in was slow and didn't seem to care that people were waiting in line. Even after the paperwork, the car was not ready. He said it had to go through the car wash. Five minutes, 10 minutes, 1/2 an hour passed. Still no car. We asked for the manager. We looked in the car wash. There were a dozen cars in line to go through. Ours was not one of them. I have never seen a more disorganized rental car company and definitely have never waited so long to get the car. If you have to be somewhere fast, you'll be late if you rent a car from Fox. What a joke! If time is money, pay more at a different company because you will spend hours waiting for your rental car.

Original review: July 13, 2019

We had a terrible experience with this company. First, there was a long line to get to the counter and then it took a long time to get our reservation sorted out. It was over an hour before we were given keys to our car. Second, we were promised a Jeep Grand Cherokee and were given a Dodge Journey, an inferior car. Third, there were problems with the car and nobody able to answer questions. We had to figure things out for ourselves.

Four, we were sold a full tank of gas and after we left the airport, we realized we only had a 1/3 of a tank. We were later refunded this charge, but not without a fight. Five, the worst thing was that we were given a car with a bald tire. This tire blew out during our rental. When we called for help, we were put on hold for hours and hours. We never got through until the next day. We had to drive with the "noodle" tire for over 100 miles before we could get the tire replaced. I took a picture of the bald tire. The mechanic at the tire store said that all four tires were beyond their replacement use. I showed my picture of the bald tire when returning the car and the agent told me it looked good to him and wanted to charge us for the new tire. It took quite a fight to get him to back down.

Six, this is the last straw. After returning home we got a letter saying that we were on a toll road and that they were charging us $4.30 for the toll, plus a $15.00 administration fee. I sent the company documentation that we were not in the area of this toll road. Still, they insist on charging us for this toll and fee. So in conclusion, don't rent from this disaster of a company.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I recently rented a car from this company in Salt Lake City and had a horrible experience. I was given a car with absolutely no features. No power windows, no power mirrors, no power doors, etc. Every time I parked the car I had to manually lock each door with an old-fashion key. It was not until night time when I realized that the headlights were completely out of adjustment. I tried to call the service department by phone and that was another disaster. It took three days for someone to return my calls. When I returned the car and complained about all of these issues I was told that: "We are not Hertz or Avis, we are a low budget rent a car company.” So, be aware, you will get what you will pay for.

Fox Rent A Car Company Information