1.18/5

942 Fox Rent A Car Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I went through Expedia to rent a Dodge Challenger through Fox Rent a Car while we were on vacation in Delray, Florida. Fox Rent a Car was near the Fort Lauderdale airport. Expedia gave me a price of $89.10 a day. When I arrived at Fox, I was told that the Challenger had undercarriage damage and had 80k miles and the car was not available. I was told that they could provide a Mustang convertible and when asked how much this would be, I was told that the typical cost is $150 a day but they could do it for $50 a day. Since this was cheaper, I went with the Mustang.

On the form it states a minimum of 4 days at $89.10 per day not to exceed $356.52. When the car was returned I was told that the cost was $760. When told that there was a mistake, I was told by the manager that I upgraded to the Mustang and that's the reason for the higher cost. When the manager was informed that the reason that I went with the Mustang was because Fox Rent a Car could not provide me with a Challenger he said that he could meet me halfway. When he was told that was not acceptable he said that's all he could do. By the way his halfway was to knock $100 off and the cost would be $660. Since Fox Rent a Car was unwilling to fix my issue, I have contacted my credit card company disputing the total cost. I WILL never rent another car from Fox Rent a Car. Pay the extra cost and go to a legit company like National, Hertz, Avis, etc.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Horrible experience with FOX Car Rental at Denver International Airport -- VERY POOR customer service from desk agent -- Ashley and supposed manager on duty -- Keith. Ashley was rude, sarcastic and unaccommodating in every way!! She lied about cars that were available -- Needed an AWD for driving in the snowy mountains -- not even a snow brush or scrapper in the car -- Seriously??? Drivers seat was broken -- could not move it AT ALL. Oil had not been changed for over 20,000 miles. Car was FILTHY!! Ashley lied about toll costs when we asked specifically for help with directions and how far we needed to travel on Toll Road. Completely spoiled our vacation -- we could not travel on some of the roads in Rocky Mountain National Park. DO NOT EVER RENT FROM FOX -- you will be so sorry!!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

TLDR: Sullen counter person, good car. But I ended up paying a $15 "admin fee" (which they charged automatically) AND a $27.50 fee for using some kind of toll lane without having a transponder. Which the person at the counter gave me NO information or warning about. We got into LAX at about 4pm on a Saturday. The counter is not in the airport, so we caught a shuttle, which was pretty easy and the driver was nice. When we got to Fox Rent A Car there were maybe 3 other people/groups and we go to the counter almost immediately. So far, so good. The person at the counter looked like he wished he were anywhere else - did not smile, spoke in a monotone (but not a cool monotone like Spock - a dull monotone). His behavior did not quite rise to the level of rudeness, but it was certainly not great customer service.

We were told to take the contract go to row such-and-such (I forget the number now) and pick any car. We did, and there were a couple of decent choices. To be clear, the car ran great the whole time we had it; the car part of the experience was fine. We returned the car right on time (which we were extra careful about because they charge you if you return it EARLY - I've never heard of anyone else down that, but figured it was worth it for the cheaper price of the rental).

About a week later I got a letter stating that Fox had received a toll violation for the car I rented, that they had "transferred" the liability for that to me, and were charging me a $15 "administration fee". And that I still had to pay the violation, which they provided no other information about. They said in the letter that this arrangement was all in the contract (which tells me that this probably happens a lot because they don't tell anyone about the situation and who the hell reads the ENTIRE rental contract? I've never run across this situation before when I've rented a car).

BTW, not being familiar with the entire LA freeway system, I was surprised that a) you had to pay a fee of anything on a WEEKEND, and b) it's super easy to drive in the toll lanes without being aware of it. I thought they were carpool lanes (you know, like a normal freeway) and there were two of us. I saw lots of other cars with only one person in the lane so I figured they didn't work on the weekends anyway. That's not Fox's problem, but it seems to me that they should have at least made me aware that there are toll lanes that require a transponder and how that works.

At the very least they could've provided information about the violation in the letter they sent (since they were charging me for it), especially since they stated that I was still liable for the toll. How much? How/where do I pay? These would've been useful information. My whole experience with Fox was that they didn't care about their customers and they just want my money with minimal effort on their part. Do yourself a favor: pay a bit more and go to a decent rental car agency.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

As I said, I rented the car through Priceline.com on Jan 13, 2019 through Priceline.com. I decided to try Fox Rent A Car for the first time. I checked the reviews and overall thought that they were good. I was extremely surprised when I got to the counter at SFO to be told that there was a sign stating effective 2/19/2019 there was an a $1,000 deposit fee for local customers only who live within 150 miles of the airport.

First of all, I understand a deposit fee, Priceline states that there are some fees. I rent a car six or more times a year so I am aware of the charges. The other agencies charge $100 to $500. I have never been charged over $200. A $1000 was levied on local customers only is not only a mistreatment of the local business but ridiculously high, and I feel is totally unjust. Second of all I picked up the car on February 14th and am returning it on the date in your posting that says as of February 19th this fee was supposed to be assessed. Third, I was not notified in advance of me coming there and it was posted at the register. I was not told about the charge until we went over the contract. The agent said read the sign. I did and said, that I was not notified, the agent said it was on the website last month. I did not find anything noted in regards to the local customers being charged a high deposit within 150 miles of airport.

As I said, I understand and accept that companies have every right to charge a reasonable deposit fee. Something that is a fair amount matching the competition. The competition in the area does not penalize local customers or businesses with high hidden deposits. I will say never rent from this company. I sent an email to customer service requesting consideration the same day I picked up the car and again the next morning. To date I have not heard from the company regarding my complaint. Terrible, Do not recommend ever using Fox Rentals.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019
I booked with Fox Rent A Car a few days ago. I requested a four-wheel drive vehicle, and was told one would be available. I was headed up to Yosemite, and it was snowing, so I needed a four-wheel drive. When I showed up to the counter yesterday, I was told by the lady that worked there, a older lady, brunette, that there were no four-wheel drive vehicles available. So, I said, "Okay, no problem." She said that I could get a refund, and I have not gotten a refund. I never received my refund. And when I came back to talk to her, she claimed that they were working on it. I would not deal with this company if I were you, you guys. This company just lies. Their customer service is terrible, and they really have, basically, just stolen my money, and lied about issuing me a refund. They're impossible to reach via the telephone 'cause no one picks up. So, I'd really avoid them. I ended up using a different company instead. I worked with Payless Rental, which was a lot easier. This is not an ad for them. I'm just really disappointed by this entire experience with Fox Rent A Car, and I just really recommend you avoid this company at all costs. They're trash. It's an awful company.
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Rent A Car?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Wishing I would have read these reviews before using them. We received a downgrade from our reservation without a discount and were required to pay a $400 deposit even though their terms say it's only $150. We were on a quick business trip in San Francisco to handle an emergency with one of our customers. We had the car less than 6 hours. Our bill total was only suppose to be $61.10 including taxes. The hold on our card was $516.04. Once they released the $400 deposit, they kept the balance of $116.04. This is almost double what the total reservation was for and we didn't receive what we reserved. Listen to all these reviews and do yourself a favor... Use a more reputable car rental company. You'll save money and you'll save on all the aggravation.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I had to give 1 star because there wasn’t another option! It’s actually -10 stars!!! I recently rented a vehicle (** Feb 5th-9th) from you guys and had a 8:00 am check out. I was there at 7:30 am (Not a long line, maybe 2-3 people?). I waited in line to get a car, and was ultimately given a car. Upon checking out the vehicle, I noticed it was extremely dirty, not a little dirty, it was really bad! I went and spoke to someone, about this (actually the guy who drives the car from the wash, and he agreed and got the manager) and they ensured me they would get me a clean car? Car 2 was worse, mud everywhere, sticky stuff all over the place, it looked like a Frat Party happened in there right before I got the car, I laughed and thought, I’m on one of those shows where they prank you?

Got the manager again, and he apologized, and said this isn’t the quality and this is unacceptable, and guaranteed me again a clean car, even stated over the radio to make sure this was spotless, let them know why and stated I had been waiting well over an hour and a half, at this point. But this time it’s already 9:30 am, maybe closer to 10 am. Btw the wife was at the airport pickup because I felt it was easier to grab the car then go and get her and our 4 yr old and a 1 yr old vs moving all the luggage all over the place and taking the kids in and out of the cold, So I waited and waited and finally got car 3.

Car 3 was worse and had mud all over the seats (This was the car the manager specifically said, "Make sure this one is spotless", I realize this is Fox standard at Denver Airport. I would be mortified, completely mortified knowing my company like Fox are not taking car of there customers, the cars are extremely dirty and disgusting, and believe is sub par inventory). So frustrated, my wife said just take it (Because she was so frustrated and the boys were restless), the boys are all over the place because it took almost 3 hours! And still a dirt car and the windshield wipers didn’t work to top it off? They seemed frustrated with me? Seriously? Again at this point I wanted to just leave and go to another car rental place. I was about to leave, It was so bad, I would have paid it, walked out and went to a competitor, and let them keep my money!

So I got the manager again, and he would take care of it for me? He stated this isn’t the standard and he apologize! But after 3 hours and 3 different tries, I was OVER IT!!! And the key didn’t work. It was a flip key and didn’t work. It took a few minutes to work the key every time! The manager also stated he would email me and take care of me for some of the worse service I have ever received. No email or call? So we go to the airport early because I knew it would be a long process. Get there, super long line, I asked for a manager, he comes, with a huge pile of chew hanging off his lips, his teeth were black from the tobacco, and literally spitting as he tried to communicate, he was a complete **.

I explained the problem, and let me tell you, this is what completely did it for me. He was extremely rude and argued with me raising his voice in front of about 20 customers. Said it wasn’t his problem, and "What do you want me to do?" He said he couldn’t do anything because he wasn’t the original manager? Seriously? Wow! This was by far the worse experience, WORST! I WILL NEVER EVER RENT FROM FOX CAR RENTAL, and I promise I will do everything in my power to let everyone know about the operation at Fox rental in Denver.

I was with another family and looked At their rental from EZ, yes EZ Car Rental, and was floored! It was super clean, smelled good. Go there!!! DO NOT GO TO FOX RENTAL CAR IN DENVER AIRPORT. So I realized again, that Fox Car Rental in Denver just don’t care about their customers! You almost ruined my family vacation, and by the sound of all the stories I heard from other families while I waited, I wasn’t the only one! Fox rentals just don’t care and the people they have running the show aren’t capable, unprofessional, and the managers are the worst I have ever come in contact with. Chew hanging out his mouth, like I’m not joking, Tabasco everywhere, stains all over his clothes and teeth. I was scared to get close to him!

I am an 11 yr military veteran, and let them know I didn’t appreciate their lack of just about EVERYTHING!!! This is 1000000% unacceptable and want you to know about what is going on in Denver! If you don’t care? Then don’t respond, but if you do, let’s start to Change, it starts with 1. It has been an exhausting task trying to get anyone from Fox Rent a Car Corporate. I know why they don’t give out their numbers. They are probably bombarded with complaints! I will NEVER rent from Fox again.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

After our flight to Phoenix we shuttled to the car rental. At 12pm there was a very long line and poorly unorganized customer service. At one point the employee was raising his voice at the customer. After waiting in line for several minutes we were told we had to follow them to the parking garage to continue with faster service. This was not a solution for service. We still have not gotten our car and the line has not moved! A serious disappointment! This company should not be in service if they cannot accommodate! DO NOT Waste your time! 1 hour and still waiting! I will see the sunrise from this car lot!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

If I could give 0 stars I would. WORST company ever! DO NOT RENT here!!! It's not worth it!!! We paid in FULL for a rental car in July for our January ski trip. We immediately were charged for the rental and $150 for a deposit. 4 adults and 2 kids arrived at midnight in Salt Lake City and had to wait over 40 minutes for the shuttle. NO ONE picks up a phone when you call so you literally just have to stand in the freezing cold and wait hoping they will show.

THEN we get there and they REFUSE to give us the car because we don't have the EXACT credit card we booked with. We had fraud on our credit card about a month prior so they sent us a new card but the account is exactly the same. I told the representative, "I can log into my account and show you where the charge came out and when the number changed due to fraud. It is the SAME exact account. I also have the confirmation from when I booked." He said, "Sorry, you can rent a new car with us for 4 times the amount and you WON'T get back your payment OR THE DEPOSIT." Absolutely unacceptable!!! I said, "No thank you, I will dispute with my credit card. Please take us back to the airport so we can rent from a reputable company." He said, "Fine." Then the driver arrived and said, "Sorry I'm not taking you back." We argued for a few minutes until he finally agreed to take us back.

We rented from a reputable place and did pay a bit more but still way less than they were going to charge us. It was after 2 am once we got everything sorted. Emailed and called Fox with ZERO reply. On top of that, the cars In their lot looked horrible, beat up and in bad shape. I can only imagine what would have happened if we would have been able to get the car. Probably would have broke down and left us stranded. Worst experience I've ever had and I've travelled all over the world. Never felt the need to write a review like this. TRUST me---DO NOT RENT FROM HERE!!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Booked a flight and rented a car for my elderly mother to travel to San Antonio. All looked good and they didn't have the car we reserved when she arrived. Ok - they upgraded her at no cost. That was the good part. Goes downhill from there. They sold her every type of insurance, road-side assistance, etc. that totaled over $120 more for the 2 1/2 days she had the vehicle. The $49 rental turned into $179 for 2 1/2 days.

I asked them how they could do that to an older person and she said, "well, the salespeople don't ask if you already have insurance. That's not our job." WOW. Scamming elderly people however is. My mother is 78 years old and didn't know that her current insurance would have covered all of that. I went through a few more scenarios and all I was told was, "well, she signed the papers." I guess she's right. When you can scam extra money out of someone, especially someone on a fixed income, then that doesn't say much for your company. Especially with no offer to even correct part of the amount. Unfortunately, now my mom is stuck with paying the extra. Told them we'd never do business with them again. I guess now the lady at Fox knows that.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

First car: flat tire. Second car: problems with steering and brakes. Third time, tried to extend the contract and they wanted to charge me more for 3 days than the original 10 days cost. They said there was an additional $20 a day charge, which would equal $31/day. But $31 X 3=$93, not the $199 they wanted to charge me. We left our Sunpass in the first car. I drove 2.5 hours out of my way to pick it up. The woman helping me said she needed my Rental Agreement number and the transponder number. While I walked to the car, she left, even though it was still 20 minutes before Lost and Found was supposed to close. I was told to leave the information and a manager would get back to me the next day. 3 days later and I have not heard back from them. Steer clear of Fox Rent A Car, unless you like being taken advantage of.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Everything was fine with our rental car in Vegas, until we got the bill. They overcharged us and when we tried to call them they said we dropped the car off in Denver which obviously never happened. We were charge $150 for it. I think it was just a scam to get our deposit. Still dealing with the company to get our money back.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

There were about 10 of us that had reservations with no car. We were told that they were waiting for cars to return and we should go elsewhere. I have had that happen before where the car you reserved was not available but never told they had no cars to 10 people with confirmed reservations. The counter person said, “Sorry you came. Try the other rental people.” No effort was made to help find a car at all. I usually rent direct through Alamo, National or Enterprise Direct but this was recommended through Alaska Airlines when I booked my flight. Lesson learned and never would I use Fox Rent A Car again.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Fox the ripoff Rent A Car. They hold you hostage by taking forever to work through the line. After traveling all night, tired, and hungry, faced with additional hours of negotiation with the staff then driving in unfamiliar location, you weigh the alternatives and just let them take advantage of you. They extort more money out of you with scare tactics and threats to get you to buy upgrades. It would have been cheaper to get a Uber considering the extortion upgrades, and paying for parking most places you go in Las Vegas.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Booked an online car rental for 3 days in Tampa for an all inclusive price of $70. Great rate, right? By the time the unscrupulous sales folks scare you into taking insurance you don't need and add all these upcharges and fees, the $70 turned into almost $350! When you've been traveling all day, it's 10 p.m. and you're a female facing an additional hour's drive in an unfamiliar location - you weigh the alternatives and just let them take advantage of you. Hopefully someone will do something about FOX's lack of transparency and poor business model. They're not focused on repeat business, just robbing you one time and hitting up the next unsuspecting customer. Shame on you FOX Car Rentals!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I had a terrible experience with a Fox car rental. Reading all of these reviews, it seems to be how they operate. I flew from Boston to Toronto because of a life and death medical emergency with my dad. There was a huge storm in Boston and I got out on one of the only flights still departing that day. I got to Toronto 2 hours late and after taking the train to a remote terminal I had to use the courtesy phone in the station to call Fox. Fox informed me that they had given my car away. It seems this is what they do. Even though I had an email saying “your car rental reservation is confirmed”. It really isn’t if they can rent the car to someone else for more money. It is a total scam. Left me stranded at some remote train station in the dark in -35C, trying to get 100 miles north to my dad in emergency surgery. Never, ever again!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

For anyone considering using Fox Rent A Car when traveling in a foreign country, please spend a little more and go with a reputable, ethical, and customer-centric company. Fox Rent A Car (and their affiliate partners) may be less expensive up-front than reputable and ethical car rental companies, however, they will charge you for “damage” or other expenses that are illegitimate, or borderline fraudulent when you return the car.

I booked a 6-day car rental in Sicily, Italy in December 2018. When I booked on Carentals.com I thought I would be renting with Fox Rent A Car. However, in the fine print during the online booking process it said the vehicle provider would actually be “Sicily By Car”, which is an “affiliate” of Fox Rent A Car. In reality Fox Rent A Car just passes the business off to these unethical foreign car rental companies who have extremely poor customer service reputations, which is clearly evident from all the negative online reviews. Additionally, Fox Rent A Car has absolutely no concern and no regard for the customer's well-being, or the poor treatment provided to customers by these foreign car rental companies. Fox Rent A Car is only concerned with the commission they receive for referring a customer to the foreign affiliate.

When I picked up my rental car from Sicily by Car at the airport in Palermo, Sicily, I immediately noticed that the front right tire had low air pressure, plus the low tire pressure light was on in the car. Before leaving the airport I got out of the car and found someone who worked for Sicily by Car in the parking lot. I asked her to come look at the tire and tire pressure light in the car. Instead, she declined to come over to my car and told me everything is fine and I can drive away. Taking her advice was a poor costly decision, as I had no idea I would be the victim of a fraudulent charge six days later when I would drop the car off at the airport in Catania, Sicily.

When I dropped off the car at the airport in Catania, Sicily, the employee for Sicily By Car examined the car and then accused me of replacing the front right tire because it was a different model from the other three tires. This was the same tire I had asked for assistance with when I picked up the car in Palermo. At the time I dropped the car off I explained to the employee that I had an issue with the front right tire when I picked up the car, and had requested help, but was denied assistance. I was asked to provide a written explanation of the events whereby the manager would review it and get back to me in a week with a decision on whether I would be charged for replacing the tire, despite the fact that I never replaced the tire. I realized that Sicily by Car knew I would be returning to the U.S., which would allow them to make a false accusation and I would have no recourse to rebut the fraudulent charge.

When I returned to the U.S. I immediately called Fox Rent a Car to issue a complaint and seek help against this fraudulent charge by Sicily by Car. Instead, Fox Rent A Car told me that they couldn’t help me because it was a Sicily by Car issue and they would not have any information concerning my car reservation. After talking to Fox Rent A Car person for 20 minutes about my poor experience, she said to email her all my Sicily By Car drop off paperwork information, along with an explanation of events. She told me that Fox Rent a Car has a relationship manager that deals with these foreign car rental affiliates.

More than a week after I emailed Fox Rent A Car with my paperwork and information, I received an email from Sicily by Car notifying me that I was responsible for paying to replace a tire that I never replaced while the car was in my possession. Shortly after receiving the email from Sicily by Car, I received an email from Fox Rent A Car repeating what Sicily by Car had already told me. Despite the numerous negative reviews regarding Sicily by Car, and my explanation of events, Fox Rent A Car will not believe you and will not help you when all the facts and human logic are in your favor. Instead, they just say “We cannot override any decision made by an affiliate”.

I sent two follow up emails to Fox Rent A Car contesting the final decision by Sicily by Car, but Fox Rent a Car never responded to either of my emails. Fox Rent A Car will just ignore your emails. As I said before Fox Rent A Car is not in the business of customer service, or believing the customer when they have been taken advantage of.

At the time you pick up the rental car, Sicily by Car will hold a $340 deposit on your credit card. At the time I dropped off the car and was accused of replacing the tire, Sicily by Car told me the cost of one tire would be $237. Not only was I fraudulently charged for a tire I never replaced, Sicily by Car kept my entire $340 deposit as evidenced on my credit card. I have emailed Sicily by Car three times (once a week) requesting a copy of the invoice for the tire replacement, so I can dispute the fraudulent charge with my credit card company, but Sicily by Car is purposely ignoring all my emails.

I don’t want other honest ethical customers to make the same mistake I did by renting a car with Fox Rent A Car just because they have the lowest price. Spend a little more money and rent with a reputable ethical car rental company that actually believes their customers, and puts the customer first. If anyone would like to see my rental car paperwork/emails as proof of my situation please let me know and I will be happy to provide it. Fox Rent A Car and Sicily by Car do not deserve your business.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Hello, we have rented a car being convinced by the employee that is 533 USD (this is what we saw on the screen when signing) and finally the price was 1200 USD!!! No discussion with them. Be careful. Also the location in Fort Lauderdale is in the middle of nowhere. Never again. It’s twice price as the most known car rental companies. We rent a car every time we are in US and that was the worst experience ever!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I reserved a car with Fox online for San Francisco. I had to wait 2.5 hour in line to get car at the Fox counter at SFO. I will never go with this company again. Also be careful for tolls, Fox will send you the bill at your home with $15 added fee for each violation, if you got any toll violation.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Okay, I booked a car from Fox before I read every review on the internet. The price was very good and location was also close to the airport LAX. After I booked, then I read all the reviews. Then I canceled my booking due to very bad review on Fox. I was afraid to take a chance because I would be traveling with my 2 kids and wife from Indonesia. I didn't want my family to get disappointed: long flight from home for 3 weeks vacation in LA.

So googled again regarding reasonable price for my purpose: full size SUV with unlimited mileage. I couldn't find better deal than FOX. So what the heck, I took my chances by hoping the review on the internet was all wrong. I proved it right: Internet reviews were all wrong about FOX. Service at the counter was fast even though the line was long (due to Christmas and New Year Holiday), I got perfect condition full size SUV as I expected, things were fast. I enjoyed my 2018 holiday and the car. Maybe I was lucky or maybe not. But to find better deal during holiday, FOX is the best. Thank you FOX at LAX.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

December 25, 2018, I reserved a car with Fox Car Rental in Montego Bay Jamaica. On my arrival, a woman showed up with Fox Car Rental sign, I walked over showed her my reservation and requested the car that we reserved online. She told us there were cars available. I showed her the reservation number, she didn't even look at. She was rude, and unprofessional. We called their office and was told by the operator himself that there were no cars available. We were left stranded at the airport. Travelers be careful of Fox Car Rental in Montego Bay Jamaica.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I have my contract for MCO-Orlando Airport $329. Overcharges of $66,49 and $150.00. I could have been driven and the tire would blow or go flat the tires I never checked. (I check now!!!) Had to turn it back in at the MCO airport, ruin my vacation then get charged overcharges $216.49. Unbelievable!!! These guys told me the extra charge $150 was for security & would be reimbursed after I return the car. Never received. Had to call my bank!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

Horrible service. Due to a flight delay, I was 3 hours late, and they upped my rate by 50%, and wouldn't honor my original reservation and price, even though their alleged “3-hour grace period” was mentioned nowhere in the reservation process on Southwest.com”. To add insult to injury, I was in line within 3 hrs of my scheduled pickup time, but waited for 25 mins. Rent anywhere else but here. Even the manager, “Lex” was a condescending idiot.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

My experience with Fox looks like it was similar to everyone else. I reserved a minivan in Seattle from Fox over the Christmas holiday. When I got to the car rental counters at the airport, only Fox had a line (20 or more people ahead of me). The counter people moved like they had anchors tied to their wazoos. After waiting 30 minutes, they passed the word that they were out of cars. I was lucky enough to go to the next counter (Budget) and get a full size SUV for the same price. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH FOX!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

The wait in line to rent the car was over an hour. They try to up sell you on everything i.e. insurance, fuel. The car had scrapes and dings virtually all around it. I checked my credit card statement a few days after returning it and they had not refunded me the full deposit. After waiting for an hour on hold before being disconnected I called Orbitz who I had booked it through. They got me the full refund. I suspect that Fox Rent A Car routinely under refunds their customers as most people wouldn't take the time to call them.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Total scam! Be careful!! I booked a car through rentalcars.com, and also paid rentalcar.com. In the confirmation that I received it said I paid in full. The guy behind the desk did not look at me when he spoke to me, and I could barely understand him, he made it seem like I had to sign for the car, but they made me sign for all kinds of insurance and road assistance adding $1083,00 dollars EXTRA to my credit card!!! On top of that the car was filthy inside with sugar and sticky stuff in the middle console, the washer fluid was empty and constantly giving a warning about it in the car's screen, and also the tires were so low in pressure we had to inflate them ourselves at a gas station. I wish I read the reviews, none of them are good!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

It does not matter if you have a reservation confirmed, if they are out of vehicles they will send you elsewhere and promise to pay the difference. Upon arrival to AUS airport I was informed that they did not have any vehicles available although my reservation was already confirmed. The agent suggested I rent from another rental company and Fox would reimburse the difference in price. Almost a month later after all documents were submitted and still nothing. Live and learn, will never rent from this company again. Be advised.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I wouldn't use again, very poor organization and customer service, the car was filthy, dirty inside and out, I mean mud splattered on all rear seats, car had damage to almost all areas, so you needed to buy extra insurance so they don't blame you and it was not cheaper than Avis. Would not recommend.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I rented a car with Fox Rent A Car for my recent trip to Vegas for a work conference. When we went to the rental place it took us an hour to get through the line at Customer Service. We told them we did not want insurance or to pay for the fuel option. They have you sign on a signature pad that you agree to purchase the "above coverage" and decline other coverages. You think you are signing that you don't want insurance but they charge you for it anyway at the tune of $119.95. They also charged me $155 for fuel, which we filled up across the street before dropping off the car. I was charged over $400 for a car rental in Vegas for five days. This is a shady company and I will not be doing business with them ever again. BEWARE, they quote you an online rate that is nowhere near what you end up paying. I have always used Hertz in the past and will continue to use them for my future rentals.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I have nothing good to say about this company. First it is impossible to speak to any person online. We arrived at the rental centre in Phoenix and due to the sale there were not enough agents to rent cars which resulted in a long line up. We stood in line for over one hour. and it was over two hours before we finally left the airport. We had reserved a Jeep Grand Cherokee or similar SUV. We later found out that they do not have these vehicles on the fleet. We were given a Dodge Journey which in no way compares to the Grand Cherokee.

At approx 7:00 PM we had a flat tire and I called the roadside assistance four separate times. Each time we would get a recording and once we were the next in line and after approx 10 minutes on hold it would tell us to leave a message. We were able to change the tire with the help of a passerby and drove the vehicle slowly back to the airport only to find out that the roadside assistance phones are only manned from 9 - 5. My advice is do not breakdown outside of these hours. The agent was not able to answer any questions about what to do if you have a flight to catch. Upon our return there were approx 80 vehicles in the lineups and I did not see one Grand Cherokee. In conclusion first the vehicle we got was much less than what we thought we were going to get. We wasted 5 hours to get help with a flat tire that never arrived. Last they charged my credit card even though I paid cash when I returned the car.

Fox Rent A Car Company Information