2. Travel
  3. Rental Cars

3.6/5 (1334 ratings)

About Fox Rent A Car

Fox Rent A Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Rent A Car?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Rent A Car?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

First of all I waited in line upon arrival over 2 hours to get my car!! It was insane. Second, I was charged absolutely egregious administration fees on tolls. Over $200 in admin fees! Examples: $90 admin fee on a $13.36 toll. $75.00 admin fee on a $10.16 toll. Absurd!! The prices are very good and I had no complaint about the vehicle. Nothing special but drove fine and was reasonably clean but the service is poor and they will hit you hard in the pocket other ways so don't be fooled.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I rented a car for $300.00 for one week, I refused any insurance but pre-paid Tolls and gas. When I received my bill it was $624.00. VLF 1.99/day, ERF 1.50/day RLP 13.20/day and 1PP at $20. I called Fox and they did refund some of my money. Just make sure you have them disclose all fees prior to renting so you're not surprised.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

This was in Phoenix, AZ. My family and I were having major problems with the car we rented from a different rental, and spent hours trying to fix it. An amazing man named, Beau, from Fox helped me rent a car after we left the first place. He had an amazing easy-going attitude which calmed my intense anxiety. We cracked jokes and had such an easy time getting a new car in just ten minutes! I'll remember you Beau! When returning out car, Norman helped us do a nice, quick check in. He was also an East coast man, which we bonded over. Loved the experience I had here! Will use again!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

I've had a great experience with Melissa who helped me to select the right car for the trip and who diligently and patiently tried to accommodate (and succeeded!) all my needs. The Hyundai Elantra worked out like a charm for me. I am very happy!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

The rental car was no problem, the problem was we were supposed to get our deposit back in 7 to 10 days. No deposit returned after 12 days. A $357.55 ended up at $816.52 after all the fees and taxes. Called (855) 571-8413 and was on hold over 45 min till I finally hung up. Gonna try back later but so far customer service is non existent.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

I tried for weeks to get a hold of a real person at Fox Rent A Car. I tried sending website correspondence and filing a complaint regarding a notice I received after renting a car on my vacation to Florida in June 2021. When you call Fox you are put on hold forever each time then the line only disconnects. I never got a call back from the number listed on back of the notice either. The company customer service is a joke.

The invoice sent was for $15.78 for $2 in unpaid toll(s) on the day I went to the TPA airport—which is complete bull because I paid cash at (any) toll I encountered on vacation in that car. My four children who were in the car with me also witnessed me reach into my purse and hand over cash to the man in the booth the day we returned the car at the airport.

When I finally got a return email from Fox they said the $2 was a charge for “electronic toll roads.” It said “The Toll Authority reported your rental vehicle driving through 2 toll facilities. These tolls do not have toll booths to pull off and pay the toll in cash. To pay for this toll, you would need your own account or transponder with the toll authority.”

What kind of bull is this?! Nobody passes through a toll on a free to the public highway WITHOUT knowing it or going through some kind of gate/barricade or booth or something that plainly shows you owe money to go through it!! The only toll I passed through, I paid in cash!! Yet Fox says because it paid this mythical $2 ‘electronic toll’ for me, it’s now entitled to charge me $15.78 — this is completely ridiculous.

I can’t believe a widowed single mom of four is being made to feel like a criminal by this rental company when I did not sneak through any toll area that didn’t have a sign /gate alerting you to pay. They are trying to rob people who don’t want the hassle of a fight. I paid the tolls in that rental car, period. I spent an outrageous $600 for a week rental here, and will NEVER again rent from this cheap ** company that tries to steal even more from its customers.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Do not believe the 4 star rating. I am fairly certain they pump the rating up with bots. I recently took a trip to Fort Myers FL, and I saw that they have the cheapest rates on Expedia. I made a reservation for a week at 320 dollars. When you get to the rental place, they pressure you into purchasing a plate that allows you to go through the tolls at 12 bucks a day. Turns out, you don't even need it. They also tacked on a 20 dollars a day insurance I didn't need either without my knowledge. I was completely floored when I saw my total bill. The 320 dollar quoted fee turned into a 575 dollar fee. Do not be enticed by their initial lower rates. They are a scam company that should not be allowed to operate. They just lost a customer. I will now spread word of their misdeeds and shady business dealings with whomever asks about car rentals.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

DO NOT RENT FROM THIS PLACE. We picked up our car at the LAX location 4 days ago and it has been a nightmare since. I have been trying to get a hold of someone now for 3 days to discuss all our issues and I can't get a response to online forms, emails, or voicemails. First it took me over 40 minutes to pick up my car because of all the upselling the counter agent tried on me. After I declined everything, he tried to sneak in extra insurance. He did sell me on upgrading to another vehicle, mostly because it had navigation. We were traveling to some areas where cell reception was going to be spotty, so I thought this was worth the money. Once I was in the vehicle, I quickly discovered it had no navigation.

Then, the CarPlay, which was our only other source of navigation stopped working and I could not reconnect to it. Now, we have a big crack in our front windshield and I can't get anyone to discuss the matter with. I tried several of the numbers they supplied me at pickup and they just hand up on you. This place is a "discount" car rental place for sure....you get what you pay for.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

This company is utterly ridiculous. They gave me no option to pay tolls with an ez pass or by cash (which many tolls don't allow you to anyway). There was no question about tolls and they never asked or warned me! But then I got a bill from them which had a total of $18.60 in tolls and $60 in "administrative fees"! 3x the actual tolls in fees is absurd!! It should be a percentage, not a flat fee and they should have to question you about this when you sign the rental agreement.

I after I refused to pay, they sent me to collections, then when I wrote them a letter explaining and sending them a check for the total tolls and 15% for administrative fees, they still wouldn't budge and continued to send collections after me for the full $60 in administrative fees. I will absolutely never rent from Fox Rent A Car again and I warn you against doing the same. This is an unethical practice and needs to be examined by some government official. Highway Robbery!!! Don't do it, find another company!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

A week ago I rent a car in Orlando Fox Rent A Car, charged me twice. The Rent of a Car they lied to me. I call customer service, the person take my call she was rude. Be careful. This company still your money. I never rent a car again from this company.

Fox Rent A Car Company Information