Call toll free
2.96/5

Orlando, FL

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our goal is to provide the best experience possible when renting a car. In 1994, E-Z Rent-A-Car started with nine vehicles at the Orlando National Airport and has now grown to be one of the largest businesses in the rental car industry. We want every step to be easy and efficient while providing the best value for your next vacation or business trip. Call us today!

BBBB Rating
View More View More

1014 E-Z Rent-A-Car Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I booked my car rental reservation through Expedia, which showed $171.42 and included all mileage and charges. However, E-Z later billed me $274.47, which is an overcharge of $103.05. E-Z claims it is a mileage charge because I was a local renter, which I was not. The car had never gone any farther than 15 miles from the rental pick-up location, and hadn't used a half-tank of fuel the entire time. How can any car rental business charge a mileage fee when the car is meant to be driven, regardless of how many miles?

The vehicle had a front-end alignment problem, causing the car to dart back and forth on the freeway. The car was also dirty inside and out. The windshield was so spotted, the wipers wouldn't clean it in the rain. They also didn't provide the key fob remote, which meant the vehicle always had to be unlocked with the mechanical key from the driver's door.

Get expert buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Something strange happened to me. I noted a small scratch when I received it and I returned the car without an issue. A few weeks later I received an email from their insurance asking for a statement. I got full coverage so It wasn't a problem. But it is kind of strange. Nothing happened when I was driving and I'm not inconvenienced by it. But it does make me uneasy.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

E-Z Rent a car is at states easy. Very pleasant customer service and lowest rental price. I would use them again. Dropping car off was a little confusing because I could not find the name in the Dallas Fort Worth airport.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I have rented from EZ Rental on 8 different trips in the past 5 years. My experience has been 110 % satisfied every time. From the reservation to the completed rental it has always been extremely positive. I greatly appreciate the employees' attention to detail and their willingness to make sure we are in & out as quickly as possible. I HIGHLY recommend EZ Rental and personally will always rent from them!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I rented a minivan for a family trip to Disney in December. I was extremely satisfied with the pick-up and drop off process as well as the service at the counter. Van was clean and ready to go. I had waived the rental of the highway toll pass ($9.95) per day because I knew it wouldn't be necessary. I could just pay the few tolls I had to pass as needed and would save money.

However, a few weeks later upon review of my credit card I noticed a charge of $52.51 by Advantage Rental. I contacted them to see what it was for and they informed me it was for 2 tolls and a miscellaneous $50.00 fee. I assured them that I had paid my tolls and disputed the charges. They told me that they agreed but were only authorized to remove the $50.00 fee and couldn't remove the $2.51 toll fees (which I had paid at $1.75). I was very disappointed not only because I believe this was unethical but more so because my brother in law also came with us and rented from your company and he had the same issue... Only his was an $82.00 charge for tolls! I was informed at the check-in counter to make sure the toll pass was in the OFF position...which I did...twice. Not happy.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for contacting E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car. With the E-Z Toll program customer may use the express lanes an unlimited number of times during their rental, and we will handle processing and reconciliation for toll payments plus the cost of the toll(s). When the option is declined the customer is responsible to make the toll payment(s) during the time of their rental period. If failure to do so the customer will be charged the amount of the toll violation(s) plus a $25.00 admin fee per violation. Our optional services are offered to the customer to help them travel at ease. We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Rent-A-Car?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

This staff was so accommodating. They made sure I was comfortable with the car and even made sure it was clean and ready for me. I will definitely be a return customer. P.S. The only issue was that they gave me a car with a quarter of gas, and charged me when I returned it with the same. BUT, the quickly refunded my money when they realized their mistake. Good service!

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Great experience from the counter person to the gentleman that gave me the keys to the last person I turned the keys over when my trip was complete! An overall smooth and sweet process. I will highly recommend and will continue to request EZ Rentals services. Thank you EZ Rental!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Shuttle picked me up as expected. There was no wait. The staff was very knowledgable. The Service was great. They upgraded my vehicle. Same returning the vehicle. I had a great experience again with EZ car rental. I highly recommend them and would use them again. They were half the price of everyone else.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

With the one exception of the one hour line up to get the pre-booked vehicle, the rental was great. I think with a couple of more clerks during the high peak arrival your service could be deemed top notch. The line up was frustrating after a long flight... We let the manager chose what we drove and the van was excellent, clean, easy to drive and comfortable. The return area is so easy and brilliant. (Drive in, leave it running go catch your flight.)

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for taking the time to share your rental experience with us. For E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car customer satisfaction is our main priority and we are very pleased to know that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

The location to pick up the car at Orlando McCoy airport is very confusing. The person that assigns the car doesn't go over it with you. You are told to write down everything you see as far as damage. If you miss anything, you are held responsible even if you didn't cause it. They had a company call me to "negotiate" a settlement for windshield damage. We settled on $118. For that small amount they have lost a customer and created a consumer that will give them poor reviews and tell everyone he knows not to rent from them. In my opinion they will lose much more than $118 in future business, but that is their call. Pennywise and pound foolish. Make sure you are meticulous when you check your car before driving away. Anything you miss they will insist you be responsible for.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. For further assistance please contact our voice of customer team. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

The insurance that EZ Offers is more expensive than the daily rental... Whaaaaat a RIP off... When I rented from Expedia the car and the insurance, the same amount of time it was $50 lower... and on top of it, I was given a warning ticket from DPS for defective taillights. Never again will I get from Ez... That's why people don't trust companies. We always have to look out...

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent with the vehicle. For E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car customer satisfaction is our main priority and it is never out intentions to provide our customers with a vehicle that is not up to our company standards. Your experience has been addressed this with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. Once again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Great experience especially with the new car rental facility at O'Hare airport. Everyone was friendly and the rental was very quick and easy. So easy getting out and back into the facility. I would use them again in the future.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Extremely helpful staff. Easy in and out of the airport. Return process was just as easy. Upgraded vehicle at no charge. Will absolutely use again. Best experience with a car rental ever. Friendly and courteous staff from start to finish. Good job.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I have always loved your company. Prices were fair and service was excellent. I have rented many times. In December I rented and had a discrepancy. A month later I have heard nothing back. Very disappointed. As a loyal customer I expected more.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for your review. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. I will be reaching out to you to obtain more information regarding your issue. Thank you again for your feedback!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We had reservations in Orlando with another car rental company. Got in at 9pm and it was taking customers over 1 and 1/2 hours to get to the counter for your car. We asked the manager on duty at the desk if they had any available cars, he said yes. For the convenience paid for the rental, rather than wait for the other company that we paid through travel points. Overall it was a great experience through this company. Highly recommend them!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Car wasn't what I reserve. The car I got had engine light and steering wheel shakes. Car was dirty also. Next day was changed. I always rented from EZ but won't again in the future and won't recommend them to anyone. I wish I could rate them 0 stars.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Great value. The process was quick and easy. The agent was very friendly and attentive to what I needed and what I didn’t need. She did not pressure me into buying anything I didn’t need. All around great customer service.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

During the process of the contract, I informed the agent I have my own insurance that cover rental car. Then he said the price is $311 without insurance. I electronically signed and expected that I don’t have to pay an insurance from your company. There was no details of the amount due until the contract printed. I noticed later on there is charge of $127 for insurance even though I knowledge I have my insurance and I even show him my policy but he did not bother to take a copy of it.

After noticing the charge, there was no help from customers service through the phone. Told me to go to the location I Picked the car from for an arrangement to solve the problem. Went to the location I picked the car from, manager was rude and did not do any good. From my understanding of the situation, the agent did intentionally tricked me when I signed because there was no details for the charges. I will never be a customer again due to the type of treatment of Orlando Airport location.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for contacting E-Z Rent A Car. After reviewing your Rental Agreement we found that you signed accepting the optional services of the Collision Damage Waiver for $25.49 a day plus taxes and fees. When you signed your Agreement you acknowledged that you had the opportunity to read through the Agreement before signing to verify all charges were correct. Because you singed agreeing to all charges, a refund is not applicable. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I will NEVER EVER use E-Z Rent-A-Car and NEVER recommend it to anyone. My rate from 1 to 5 is really 0 (ZERO). I have several reasons for my comment as below: I rent the car via 3rd party website for 2 days at Montreal Airport (Jan 3~5, 2019), before I book it, it did not say that I need a shuttle to go to the E-Z location. I had to call EZ rent a car to send me mini van to their location. I had booked a "Nissan Altima" but they gave me a Nissan Venza which is a size smaller than Altima. Once I complained the person who was working there told me, "This is what it is." I was out of Airport now and did not have any other options.

The only staff who was working there was the rudest person I have ever seen in my whole life. I had booked my care to drop off the car at 6:00 pm. They surprisingly told me if I return the car after 5 pm I have to pay extra $30 and need to use Airport shuttle for return to Airport. Once I got the car it was covered under at least 1 inch snow, they only swiped the windshield. I was not even able to see if the car is fine with no damage. The car engine light was on and also alerting for tire low pressure, also the oil change was more than a month overdue.

I manage to return the car at 4:40 pm (which is before 5 pm). They were about to leave, they told me I need to get to the Airport by Taxi because their working hours is till 4:30!!! After my argument they accepted to return me but the driver was very mad and was driving unsafe and very fast. He never stopped at stop signs and was passing the cars when the line was solid!!! Their service, their car and their shuttle are terrible and unsafe, I am not sure why and how they are doing business. Please never use them, they are dangerous for society and have no idea what customer service is.

Good afternoon,

This location is an affiliate location called Transcanada Car Rental. For assistance please contact them directly at 514-636-3332.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I reserved a mid-size car for pickup at the Phoenix Airport. Upon arrival, and after a long wait in line, I was told no mid-size cars were available. Instead of offering a full size car at the same price, which reputable rental companies do, the clerk said the wait was unknown, but I could pay more for a full sized car and no wait. Or, I could rent an SUV for more money. I declined the offer, and insisted on getting what I had reserved. After several attempts to get me to pay more, the clerk finally said he had a car for the price I agreed to. Then, they charged my credit card $200 plus the agreed upon rental amount. After signing the papers, I went to the basement to their cubicle where I was given the keys to one of several Camrys. I was told to record any damage to the car on a 5X7 sheet of paper with a vehicle outline on it.

After doing that I took the paper back and was told to record all the damage on a second paper for their records, which I did. Upon return to the drop off point, at the end of my trip, and waiting 30 minutes for the one check-in person, she recorded the return on an iPad like tablet then sent me back to the cubicle. The clerk there said the check-in person hadn't forwarded the check-in yet and I could either wait or leave then and they would forward the receipt to my email. I requested a receipt but couldn't wait because of my flight time, so a partial receipt was printed, which, of course, didn't show the extra charge.

Upon returning home and checking my email, to my surprise, I had been charged the full sized car rate. Ordinarily I could have disputed the charge with my credit card company, but the "charge" to my account was actually a credit for $200 minus the extra charge I didn't agree to. This company is running a bait-and-switch operation! Do not rent from them, their prices seem like a good deal, but don't be fooled as I was. Never again!!

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for your review. Reviews such as these provide valuable insight for the successful operation of our company. I will be reaching out to you to obtain more information regarding your issue. Thank you again for your feedback!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I rented a car for 4 days over the holidays at Sacramento airport. Due to flight changes/delays we returned the vehicle 4 hours after the time it was due incurring an additional day charge. The original rental charge was $85/day for a compact car (already about 4x the usual due to holiday demand). The additional day charge was $170. I called to question the excessive charge and was told that's what I signed on to and there was nothing they could do about it. I will never rent from this company again and you should think twice before you do.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

When I received my credit card bill a month later I fell out of my chair! How is there a toll fee charge on my statement when there was no toll road to use where I was? I was very upset and tried calling the dispute line. Of course by the time I got through the automated system it hung up on me several times that I tried getting through. $27.00 fee for a toll that I didn't use. Tells me how mysterious car rental places like this one will try to get more money out of you without reason. Hidden truth hidden flaw. Very unhappy customer!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Shuttle ride was unexpected, but not a huge deal. Office was a little run down, again, not a huge deal. I declined all upgrades, was shocked to get a bill that was more than my actual rental amount. I was charged for collision and roadside assistance. Never had a rental agency add in fees that were declined! They will obviously say that I signed and agreed to this. So I am not expecting any action from the agency. I am only writing this to warn other consumers to not use this company!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Reserved a Toyota Camry for our Denver Colorado trip, we went to pick it up and the salesperson showed us a piece a paper saying that there was storm coming and that we either needed a 4-wheel drive or chains and that it was a law! Well, we didn’t want to break the law, so we paid for a 4-wheel drive and little did we know that we were paying for an upgrade. Our $500 rental went up to $1600. So then our sales rep handed us our papers and said our car was a Toyota RAV4, I didn’t think they came in 4 wheel drive but I was giving him the benefit of doubt and so we loaded up and drove away trying to find out how to put it into 4-wheel drive. It did not have it!

We drive back and told him that’s this was not a 4-wheel drive and I was doing my best to remain polite, he pointed to the paperwork and said that it was supposed to be a 4 wheel drive and that it misrepresented, he then got on his computer, printed out paperwork and gave us a Chevy Tahoe. I later found out that the same place did that same thing to another member of my family. Be wary of these guys. I called customer service and issued a complaint and he told me that a manager would call me back in 24-48 hours to discuss. We will see.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I learned my lesson that you get what you pay for when it comes to car rentals. I booked EZ because it was the cheapest and I've never had a problem with car rental agencies. When I arrived at the desk to pick up the car, the rep misrepresented the amount of tolls and the toll payment process in order to sell me a toll transponder for $9.99 a day. They also misrepresented the cost of gas in the area in order to sell me the gas pre-pay option. When I raised these issues, they said that this kind of behavior was unacceptable and not part of what they do.

After I came home, I looked at the reviews and it's exactly what they do. Many reviews with the same exact complaints. At the end of the trip, because I was 90 minutes late getting to the airport, they charged me an extra $150 which was 3X what I paid for the daily rate. On top of that, a week later they made an authorized charge on my credit card with no warning, no email, no receipt. Also, no response to my emails to customer service and the rep that I was working with to resolve previous issues. Their phone line is often so busy, I've waited an hour and have had to hang up. Take it from someone who travels a lot. Save yourself the trouble and go anywhere else. In the end, it would have been cheaper to go to Alamo.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I was in and out in no time. Got the car I requested and service great. The pricing was amazingly fair! I will definitely recommend to a friend. They were conveniently located in the airport. Thank you for making sure everything ran smoothly.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for your review Damaris.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Was disappointed with the final bill. I had called prior to picking up the rental about no hidden taxes or fees and when I got my final bill it was $150+ more than my rental confirmation. I know rental companies have fees and taxes associated with airports but that should be on the initial confirmation. I called in to confirm that my initial confirmation was the final amount and the Customer service representative confirmed that was my final amount 2 days prior to starting my rental period.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for contacting E-Z Rent A Car. After further investigation and reviewing your Rental Agreement we found that you signed accepting the optional service of the Prepaid Fuel Program for $51.47. When you signed your Agreement you acknowledged that you had the opportunity to read through the Agreement before signing to verify all charges were correct. Because you singed agreeing to all charges, a refund is not applicable. Thank you and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

$200 deposit gone, said I paid for collision damage!!! Save yourself a lot of headache, stay away from E-Z Rent-A-Car and associates. I am getting no upper management resolving this for the past six days. I told salesman I had my own insurance coverage by GEICO, he said okay. He never mentioned that he was charging me for it when I signed. At no time I was told anything about that, there was absolutely no discussion relating to insurance purchase. I ordered my rental online the night before and planned for about $180 total cost. At signing, when I saw my total for additional $200, I asked him, he said, that is for deposit that he was charging me that I would get refunded at time of return of vehicle; last two customer care person I talked to on last couple of days offered 50% refund instead of full refund. I will not settle for anything less than full refund.

Due to poor signs at the point of check in took me three loops around airport to finally find return area which caused me under an hour late for check in as I waited in line to get help at the point of check in and a second line for final checking line as well. Waited nearly two hours in line to get checked in same at return time. Also had mechanical problem with the car that took two hours from my time to resolve, got charged for extra day and extra day of insurance that I did not order. They have caused me extreme stress as result of this, salesman was dishonest to add stuff without mentioning it and get rewarded by your company. As customer it is terrible that you have to go through this. Why would the salesman add exactly $200 to my online order and calling it deposit? I have been missing sleep for all the thought that goes through my mind in dealing with this. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

November 6, in Austin, I went in to pick up my compact car and was informed it was manager special, compact or larger. As I planned on driving quite a few miles in the 7 days, I reluctantly paid the $22 per day upgrade to get a small car. I was so unhappy the fellow at the desk agreed to waive the $200 deposit and crossed it out. The total was supposed to be $673.75, a shocking almost $100 a day. On November 13, one day after I returned the car. $873.75 was charged to my card. The phone number on my credit card account was not valid. I went to the website and twice I have called and went through the selection offers to finally get to music and be on hold one half hour. I can spare no more time on this. I want my $200 back!

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Hello, I recently made a quick trip up to Seattle, WA area, arriving on Nov. 6th. Having previously used E-Z Car Rentals in Florida, I booked my car reservation with E-Z Rental Cars at the Seattle airport. My flights were on time and upon arrival to the E-Z rental counter, I was greeted very rudely and told that the car was no longer available that I had reserved. Reason they said was is that they claim I should've already picked the car up. I reserved it to be picked up at 12:01 pm., they claim it was am. Bottom line, is now there I was and instead of even attempting to accommodate me in any way in finding me any type of car, they couldn't have been more nasty or treated me more rudely. No effort was made in any way to even attempt to accommodate me.

I told them I had used E-Z rentals before, but made no difference to them whatsoever. I then told them to cancel any pending reservation, that I would go to the next counter over, which was Thrifty Car Rentals, whereupon I did so and was treated with the utmost respect and welcoming attitude! They could have cared less! I will never rent a car from E-Z again, and I will make sure friends I know do not either. l Unfortunately, I did not get the particular girl's name who was extremely rude, but basically everyone there was the same, making no attempt at customer satisfaction.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

On behalf of Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and it is unfortunate that our agent was not up to our company standards and did not provide you with the best service you deserved. We thank you for providing us with feedback of your rental experience with us. We take our customers feedback seriously and we have addressed this incident with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements. Once again we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

E-Z Rent-A-Car expert review by Lauren Fix

E-Z Rent-A-Car started in Orlando with a fleet of only nine cars in 1994. Today, they operate in 20 states, including Alaska and Hawaii, and several foreign countries. Their fleet includes everything from sub-compact cars to large SUVs as well as trucks, vans and convertibles.

• Rewards: Loyal customers can join the company’s E-Z Money rewards program. Consumers can join for free and receive instant discounts. They also earn points that can be used towards future rentals, and there are no blackout dates.

• Younger drivers: E-Z Rent-A-Car welcomes drivers under 25. They rent cars to drivers as young as 18. Those ages 18-24 must pay an additional fee.

• Blog: Consumers can visit the company’s travel blog to read about a variety of destinations as well as travel tips. The company also has free downloadable city guides.

• Discounts: E-Z Rent-A-Car offers special discounts to select groups, including seniors, teachers, police, students and members of the military. Their website and social media pages also features coupons.

• Communication: E-Z Rent-A-Car makes it simple for consumers to contact them. Their website includes an instant chat feature and a “Contact Us” form. The website also clearly lists phone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses for reservations, customer service, toll violations and claims.

• Best for: Vacationers, business travelers, temporary workers and drivers under 25.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

E-Z Rent-A-Car Company Information