Call toll free
2.45/5
Based on 205 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Orlando, FL

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our goal is to provide the best experience possible when renting a car. In 1994, E-Z Rent-A-Car started with nine vehicles at the Orlando National Airport and has now grown to be one of the largest businesses in the rental car industry. We want every step to be easy and efficient while providing the best value for your next vacation or business trip. Call us today!

BBBB Rating
View More View More

842 E-Z Rent-A-Car Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

On my way to Pearson airport in Toronto I tried to contact the number supplied to me by E-Z car rental mail to arrive to their pick up spot. After countless futile attempts where there was a "busy number" tone I called the USA branch and got some assistance. Upon my arrival to the counter I have been asked where am I driving (14 days rental period) and upon stating it will be to Quebec and Nova Scotia regions I was notified that there is a mileage fee of 20 cents per km over 200 km a day because I was to leave the Ontario county. The ad through Rentalcar.com specifically stated that it was an unlimited mileage deal and that's the reason I chose it. There was no mark or star of any kind indicating restrictions to that term. I was furious and helpless as there was nothing to be done when all my family was waiting for me to pick them up for our trip.

The guy at the counter explained me that it appears under the small letters of terms and conditions!!! Then why publish a fraud?? The car I reserved was not available (which I chose primarily because of low fuel consumption). Instead, I got a sport car!? which I refused to accept!! The guy in the counter said there was no other car available and after complete refusal from my side I had to wait another 45 minutes!! for a different car (which was also not what I wanted, but not a sport one). Upon my request to add this time to the return time the guy refused and only upon my complaint to his boss he complied. The attitude and service were beyond every acceptable standard.

The car I got has a sign to "maintenance due" after 600 km. I notified the company and they said it's alright!? So I had to drive additional 5000 km with a car that was not maintained properly. To summarize - The service was very bad. I will use all legal matters within my reach to prove that writing "unlimited mileage" in the front ad with no restrictions is a fraud and I will claim my money back. I will never rent a car again from E-Z.

Get expert buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2018

When we arrived at the E-Z rental counter at MCO, it was 11:55 pm. We had gone through several issues with our flight being cancelled, and were arriving in Orlando a full 12 hours later than we had planned for. We were greeted by Ahsan, who was very kind. We chatted about our terrible travel day, and that his family worked in a school, same as myself. He noted that I was in a wheelchair, and asked if we were going to be transporting it. We let him know we had rented an ECV scooter, which we would be moving between our hotel and Disney. He said that he was worried it wouldn’t fit, and since he felt a connection with us through his family also being educators, that he would upgrade us to a van at no cost.

He then asked if my daughter who was with me would be driving the car. We said it was possible, but we weren’t sure. He said that it was usually about $13 a day to add a driver, but he would do that for us at no charge as well. We were very grateful for his helpfulness, as we were exhausted after a long day of travel mishaps. When it came time to sign, I repeatedly asked if he was sure that the additional driver charge and upgrade were free. He assured me that there was no charge. I was not understanding why my total was $371, when my confirmation had said that I would owe $207 at the counter. I had also prepaid a $94 deposit at the time of booking.

Since I had added on the SunPass option, I was expecting about $267. He said that he could not find my $94 prepayment, that he was sure it was accounted for in the total, and that I wasn’t being charged anything extra. He said I would have to call to find out about it. With his assurances that we were not being charged for an extra driver, and that I would be able to call to inquire about my $94 deposit. We signed and took possession of the vehicle.

I thought it was very strange that I was told to inspect the car myself for damages, which I did, finding a big scratch down the side of the van. We pointed this out to the attendant who notated it on our paperwork. The car itself was wonderful and perfect for our trip. During our vacation, I was bothered by the higher than quoted amount. I looked at my paperwork and sure enough there was a $10 per day/$70 charge for an upgrade!! Since I wanted to discuss my apparently missing deposit with a manager as well, I opted to discuss it with management when I brought the vehicle back.

I ended up speaking with Cassandra upon return, who was unbelievably rude and dismissive. She barely glanced at my paperwork, told me it was signed for and that was all she could say about it. She told me that the $94 must have been a booking fee. No way!! My paperwork clearly shows it being a prepayment. She refused to further investigate, adjust the charges, or escalate to another manager.

As for the upgrade fee, she said it was “he said/she said” and there was nothing she could do about it. When I expressed how frustrated I was that their employee seemingly lied, she said that he charged me the upgrade fee instead of the additional driver fee. She said if I wanted, she could charge me both!! How rude. I couldn’t believe how dismissive she was about the situation, offering no assistance whatsoever. I need to know what happened to my $94 deposit which I have a receipt for, and a reversal of the $70 upgrade fee that I was told was going to be at no charge.

Original review: June 16, 2018

When checking in the individual told me I could bring the vehicle back empty that the government rate already included fuel. On two occasions I asked him if I was getting charged for fuel up front or after the fact and he told me no. I did not pay attention and he had charged me for pre-paid fuel. The government will not pay for pre-paid fuel so I had to pay the $65 out of my pocket. Another issue was that the vehicle only had a half a tank of fuel when it was given to me but I was charged for a full tank of fuel. I asked the guy at drop off about it and he said they would take care of it.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I was required to go over the car myself and look for problem areas to note before renting in a very poorly lit garage rental area. After leaving the airport and driving on the expressway I noticed a large crack in the windshield on the passenger side of the car. This vehicle should have never been rented out!

Original review: June 11, 2018

If it is lawful to do so in the state you are in, make sure you make a recording of your transaction at the customer service counter. E-Z slipped things in to the fine print and charged me for things that I explicitly stated I did not want. The price at the counter was different than what Priceline had quoted and the guy behind the counter assured me that everything over the amount originally quoted by Priceline would be refunded upon the return. It was a different story when I returned the car.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for your review. Reviews such as these provide valuable insight for the successful operation of our company. I will be reaching out to you to obtain more information regarding your issue. Thank you again for your feedback!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Rent-A-Car?

Original review: June 11, 2018

I dealt with Cynthia at the location and we had a minor problem and she was absolutely fantastic, accommodating and kind and explained all the details. She is a great asset to your company. The car I rented was brand new and gorgeous. Return was easy and your representative who also drove the shuttle was amazing.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Reserved and paid for a minivan to transport my party of 7 from Atlanta to Birmingham for a wedding. I did this on the EZ Car website. Upon arrival I was asked how many in my party and then was informed that there was no van available and the only vehicle that was big enough for my party was a Yukon at an upcharge. After the weekend was over I called to voice my displeasure. I had the rudest customer service representative. I told him I didn't feel it was right to charge for an upgrade when they couldn't accommodate my reservation. The representative informed me that I had options... I could pay the upgrade or go to a different company and see if they had a van available.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for your review. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. I will be reaching out to you to obtain more information regarding your issue. Thank you again for your feedback!

Original review: June 10, 2018

Very please with the excellent customer service that Kevin provided upon our arrival. He was very professional gave us location where to visit around Seattle. Love the fact that it wasn’t like other car rentals. This one made you feel very welcoming.

Original review: June 9, 2018

The staff at EZ in San San Antonio, were over the top, in the service they provide. The check in was quick and efficient, with no delays. I was truly satisfied with my experience and will use EZ car rental again.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for taking the time to share your rental experience with us. For E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car customer satisfaction is our main priority and we are very pleased to know that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I found that the car was too low to the ground, and was difficult for me to get into (I am 5'8"). Also, the electronics were extensive and complicated. I only had the car for a week, so who has time to read the owner's book on all that?

Original review: June 7, 2018

Being a long time E-Z (L&M) customer, I made a mistake during our last visit. After leaving the toll road we always travel I drove through the wrong gate on another toll road. Although I immediately pulled over, telling the attendant my error and offering to pay, he assured me that was not necessary and he would see to it that I would not be charged. Several weeks later an additional E-Z charge did show up on my credit card statement. I called E-Z and explained what happened. I admitted it was my error and was not contesting the extra charge.

My concern was that I would be penalized with some type of surcharge next time I rented from E-Z. The patient, wonderful lady I spoke with stated she very much appreciated my honesty and that my future account with E-Z would not be affected by my mistake. This was good news for me since I have used E-Z (L&M) exclusively for the past decade (and longer) during my 2-3 trips to FL each year and have always been treated very well.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Staff was extremely helpful. Can't remember her name but a very young blonde girl at the counter was very customer friendly and was able to answer any questions. She was able to pull my reservation quickly while not having that awkward silence as you wait for things. Extremely please with the service and would recommend E-Z rental cars to anyone traveling to the Denver area. Thanks.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I have rented from E-Z Car in the Orlando Airport the last two times I have been down there. I was very happy to find E-Z Car. Their pricing is excellent. And I am happy to say that I have never had more than about 5-10 minutes wait in line. Another thing I like about E-Z Car is that they don't pressure me to opt in to all sorts of extra insurance and other services.

Original review: June 7, 2018

After not having the right size car I reserved I had to pay to upgrade. Then not been told about tolls in Florida I was charged another $93 for tolls. Customer service is not in the USA it is in the Philippines and hard understand who you are speaking with. The rate of 133+ taxes and fees of $218 I was quoted turned out to be $491. I am not happy about this.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Overall I was very happy with the service. The process was very smooth and quick. The lady I worked with was very friendly and professional. However, although I understand it is her job to sell things such as SunPass, I feel like I was deliberately mislead. I specifically asked if SunPass was needed where we were going (Key West). She said yes because there were spots the entire way that used it. Trusting her I paid the $10 per day for it. It was a HUGE waste of money. Outside of Miami we never saw one SunPass. Next time I'll do my homework, but being able to trust what I'm told would make huge difference on my opinion of a company.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Myself along with a few other customers arrived to return the rental at an hour the office was closed, approximately 4:30AM. Not a single customer was informed of how to drop off the car or if there was a shuttle available to transport to the Fort Myers airport. No information was available online and no one was available on the phone through the toll free number. We called a location in Orlando for instructions. I shall not rent from a place that is this disorganized and leaves in customers in the dark as how to make their flight on time. The return time was listed on the rental agreement so there is no reason we should not have been informed of the policy during the initial checkout.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Counter was easy to locate at airport. The staff was friendly and very professional. The car was clean and new. I needed to change the amount of days I needed the car and it was handled quickly and easily. I highly recommend E-Z and would only use them while in Florida.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Great service, great SUV, front desk staff was excellent. Vehicle was washed, damage-free and ready to go on my arrival. Return experience was prompt and guick. Great job EZ. Would recommend EZ car rental to family and friends and will always return to EZ for future rental needs.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Every employee I spoke with was friendly and the car was clean and comfortable. E-Z could improve their Love Field facilities and make their return location easier to find but overall they represent a good value if you are willing to work a little to save money. I will rent from E-Z the next time I travel through Love Field.

Original review: June 6, 2018

The staff was very helpful when I asked about what kind of insurance should I get with my rental. She explained to me the details and why she would choose one over the other. She checked all the details before I left and made sure I understood everything she explained.

Original review: June 6, 2018

As a repeat customer, I have ALWAYS had a very positive experience with the staff at Orlando Airport and will definitely use them on my next visit to that area. Please encourage the employees to keep up the good work!

Original review: June 6, 2018

Need to try this auto rental place in Las Vegas. Very reasonable prices... No hard selling. The auto was clean and well kept. Checking in was great, the person that checked me in very friendly. I rent a lot of cars at las vegas and this company is right up there.

Original review: June 6, 2018

The car I rented was a Chevy Cruze. It was ok to handle but did not have a comfortable ride. It looked ok at first but after I had it for a day I noticed the passenger seats were stained and I had been the only one in the car. It shuttered off at stop lights and burned a lot of fuel. Poor Car.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 25, 2018

Headed to Colorado for a week with a diving buddy. We made all the arrangements in January, for a May trip. There was a wait at location, but that’s what I expected. What I didn’t expect was the agent flat out lying to us. I asked what the charge for second driver would be? He said there was no charge for drivers over 25. He filled out the computer forms. He asked if we wanted the guaranteed $2.50 per gallon for gas, allowing us to bring car back “empty”. I asked for the charge. He said the car had an 18 gallon tank. I checked. It was 14.5 or 16, depending. I agreed to 16 gallon charge at 2.50 per gallon. I refused insurance because I have the necessary coverages. My friend came to counter and asked again about 2nd driver charge and was told no charge. He took her license info. He had me initial places. I told him I couldn’t read small print. He said it was what he just went over about insurance and fuel.

Our $267.74 car rental went to $404.63. I’m told it was 2nd driver charges and taxes. I asked for exact fuel charge and it wasn’t available. The taxes went from $20.90 to $45.10 on concession fee. Why? From $25.21 to 33.51 on state tax. How? County rental fee from $4.48 to 34.32. Are you kidding? Why? What caused that to happen? I was also told we were taxed on the fuel. What was the ‘savings’ to buy the fuel from EZ if you added taxes? Never again! When we returned the car the people on both sides of me were having the same conversation about misrepresentations by agents. I never drove the car. Altitude sickness made the week not great. Checked with two other car rental places. They agreed the charges were padded. Their words. As a retired Insurance agent with decades of car rental experience, I can honestly say this is the baddest of the bad.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. For further assistance please contact our voice of customer team at 407-888-0519 or at vocteam@advantage.com. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I was really disappointed with E-Z representative. We rented a Kia for 3 days. The wait was a little long because the agent was dealing with a customers that did not speak English very well. When it was my time to be service, I was not bothered by the wait, however she began to complain to us about the language barrier which really took me by surprise considering she worked at an airport where she would encounter customers from around the world. I have two major complaints about my encounter with Sharon.

First she told me that we needed to add the toll fee because we could not get into Seattle without traveling over the toll bridge and if we did not pay the fee we would be charged $25.00+toll. So I agreed to add the 9.99/day. I asked if we did not use the tollways would I be reimbursed and she said yes. I did not use tolls because I wanted to get my refund back. When I received my invoice, I was charged for the tolls for 3 days. I then called E-Z and was told that I had to pay regardless if I used the toll or not. The fees were for the service not the tolls.

Secondly, she mentioned the gas if we wanted to prepay. I said no. She then stated that they charge the same amount as outside whether I prepay or not. I still declined the offer and I am happy I did because as noted on my invoice E-Z charges $8.99/gal. I don't know if it was a training issue or if she was just trying to sell additional service. I filed a complaint because I don't feel I should be charged for the toll fees when I was not given correct information. She lied twice to me. My sister was traveling with me and she heard too exact information she gave me. I recommend that agent should explain in full details when adding additional charges to a contract.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I booked through Priceline and paid $86.14 for 4 days. When I picked up the car there was an extremely long wait. The representative asked if I would like to prepay for fuel at $2.50/gal, which I agreed to. My girlfriend was with me and he asked if she would be driving and I said maybe, he then said that is fine I will just need to see her license. No mention of any additional charges or anything else. I had declined liability insurance as well. He then asked for a credit card because I would need to pay for a $200 deposit. My card was then charged $239.33 for what I assumed was the deposit and ~$39 for fuel. I then initialed a few tiny boxes on the credit card reader without ever seeing a summary of the charges.

When I returned the car I noticed that I had been charged $2.81/gal, $53.96 for an additional driver, $103.96 for insurance, and ~$100 for other taxes and fees. I was not getting any deposit back... The representative lied directly to my face about the fuel and was deceptive about what I was being charged for. You are expected to sign a screen with nearly illegible print and unclear terms before you even see a complete bill of what you are agreeing to. This is unacceptable and nobody should support this business and their practices. I was charged a total of $325.47 for a vehicle for 4 days, when I expect it to cost $86.14 when I booked it through Priceline.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I flew in from California to Atlanta Georgia, got to the airport and there were no cars available and I had a reservation. Very disappointed I had to inconvenience my family to pick me up at the airport at 12 midnight and then I got to the airport the next day and there was still no cars available.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I should have read the poor reviews. I booked and the confirmation date came back with different dates. I called and they said they will cancel with full refund and to book again. I did and the date came back in confirmation wrong again. I called within 10 minutes, spoke to a rep and was told it would be fully refunded in 2 business days. They refunded all but $50. Called my credit card and credit card company disputed with me and I did not pay nor will do business with this E-Z rental company. I heard this happens with them before. Shame on them. The first agent did not document our conversation honestly. Common sense says I called right away because there was an issue. All I wanted was to fix it.

Original review: May 9, 2018

The wait at the terminal for the shuttle was extremely long. I also received an additional charge on my credit card today with no explanation as to what the charge was for. My card was charged after we returned the vehicle so not sure why it was charged again for the additional $42.00.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Easy rental and return process. Car was clean, smelled good and came at a Great rate. Taking the Airport shuttle to pick up my rental car was very convenient. I Will definitely recommend this company to others as well as book a rental with them again.

E-Z Rent-A-Car expert review by Lauren Fix

E-Z Rent-A-Car started in Orlando with a fleet of only nine cars in 1994. Today, they operate in 20 states, including Alaska and Hawaii, and several foreign countries. Their fleet includes everything from sub-compact cars to large SUVs as well as trucks, vans and convertibles.

• Rewards: Loyal customers can join the company’s E-Z Money rewards program. Consumers can join for free and receive instant discounts. They also earn points that can be used towards future rentals, and there are no blackout dates.

• Younger drivers: E-Z Rent-A-Car welcomes drivers under 25. They rent cars to drivers as young as 18. Those ages 18-24 must pay an additional fee.

• Blog: Consumers can visit the company’s travel blog to read about a variety of destinations as well as travel tips. The company also has free downloadable city guides.

• Discounts: E-Z Rent-A-Car offers special discounts to select groups, including seniors, teachers, police, students and members of the military. Their website and social media pages also features coupons.

• Communication: E-Z Rent-A-Car makes it simple for consumers to contact them. Their website includes an instant chat feature and a “Contact Us” form. The website also clearly lists phone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses for reservations, customer service, toll violations and claims.

• Best for: Vacationers, business travelers, temporary workers and drivers under 25.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

E-Z Rent-A-Car Company Information