toll free

Orlando, FL
toll free
Call now for more information

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. For E-Z Rent-A-Car customer satisfaction is our main priority and we are very pleased to know that you enjoyed our services. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: March 29, 2016

We went on vacation so we rented a car and E-Z Rent-A-Car was the cheapest on that day. We reserved online and it was quick and simple. The day of pickup was smooth. The person we talked to there was knowledgeable of everything and helped us upgrade into the vehicle that we wanted. It was also quick and easy returning the car. We just dropped it off then we got on the plane.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

We are pleased to hear that your rental experience with us went well. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. Thank you for your feedback and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I was traveling and made an online reservation with E-Z Rent-A-Car mostly because of their price. It was very speedy and cordial on both ends, and I was very pleased with the experience. The service was excellent!!! (September 2016)

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. For E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car customer satisfaction is our main priority and it is unfortunate that our agent was not up to our company standards and did not provide you with the best service you deserved. We thank you for providing us with feedback of your rental experience with us. We take our customers feedback seriously and we have addressed this incident with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements. All of our local renter policies can be found on our direct website Advantage.com. Once again we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Attempted to rent a mini-van from E-Z Car Rental's DFW airport location. When booking it on Travelocity, the booking clearly stated Unlimited mileage, and there were no restrictions or exceptions listed in the "Rules and Restrictions" section. Once we arrived at the rental counter on the day of the reservation, we were told by the attendant that the unlimited mileage did not apply to local residents and that a 150 mile/day restriction existed, above which a $0.55 per mile fee would be added. In addition they said that the vehicle could not be taken out of state. Well, given I had rented the mini-van to take my family to New Orleans, Louisiana from Dallas, Texas for Thanksgiving, this was totally unacceptable. The manager refused to assist in any way, even when presented the terms and conditions from Travelocity. He stated that the conditions existed to avoid high mileage on his rentals.

We ended up having to go elsewhere (Enterprise) to get a vehicle. Enterprise rented a mini-van with unlimited miles, and no destination restrictions, and were actually less expensive than E-Z. E-Z took the obvious attitude of thinking we were a captive customer and we wouldn't be able to find another vehicle at such a late date. Luckily they were wrong. Based on the miles we drove and the fees from each company, we saved over $300 by not using EZ. Customer service was also poor. The attendant and manager both made no attempts at all to assist with the issue, instead saying, "this is our policy, deal with it." Not only did EZ ruin their reputation for me, they also tarnished Travelocity, as I will now be very guarded on any reservations there since they sponsor companies that do not honor the terms signed up for on the Travelocity site.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Thank you for your review. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. I will be reaching out to you to obtain more information regarding your issue. Thank you again for your feedback!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

Let me begin by saying that my experience and dealings with EZ Rent-A-Car has been nothing but horrendous over the past 7 months. I must say that this has been the worst travel related experience that I have encountered in my lifetime. I am not usually one to complain and I'm very easy to work with/go with the flow kind of girl, but this whole experience had me fuming.

I picked up my rental car on 2-13-16 in a very dimly lit lot at approximately 6 am in Tampa, FL after arriving on a red eye flight (it was pitch dark outside!) No customer service agent was available to assist me in a walk-through of the vehicle after I waited over 30 minutes to receive the keys due to under-staffing. I scanned the vehicle, but due to poor lighting, I was unable to see this so called $1000 scratch. I drove the car on the freeway to a friend's home in Lakewood Ranch, FL and parked the car in front of her garage in a gated community. I did not drive the car again until returning the vehicle to the rental agency on 2-15-16 via freeway. Therefore, I am certain that this alleged scratch did not occur while I was in possession of the vehicle.

Unfortunately, I was not able to resolve this issue with the risk management department, as it is nearly impossible to speak with an agent. I feel like I was bullied into paying this expense that I was not even responsible for. I was receiving notices that EZ Rent-a Car would be going to collections if I didn't pay. Being someone with excellent credit, I couldn't have that happen. I even had to contact my insurance (who contributed $500 to this expense) and American Express. This has been my biggest nightmare and the worst I have ever been treated by a company in my life. I have definitely learned my lesson the hard way, but I know one thing for sure. I will never be renting from EZ Rent-A-car ever again. I beg you to do your research before renting from the company. It is definitely not worth the savings. They will get their money somehow.

Good afternoon,

Your review is for an affiliate location called Transcanada Car Rental of Montreal, Quebec. We do not handle their cases. We advise that you contact this location directly for further assistance. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I rented a car at E-Z Rent-A-Car in Montreal (Dorval YUL); I did this through PRICELINE.COM. Priceline advertised ''Unlimited free KM!" I was supposed to get a Chrysler 200 and got a Toyota Corolla with bad snow tires. The rental agreement at the rental place was sneaky in having me pay attention to all other areas of the contract but avoided showing me the 200 free km per day (which I was not drawn to as the Priceline confirmation said clearly FREE UNLIMITED KM. Upon returning the car, I tended my contract to have it closed. They did so and from the projected fee of 39.39 per day, the bill escalated to 172.32 for two days. Part this I will assume such as the gas and the reasonable taxes. However, there are items such as $50.00 for additional millage, PLF (have no Idea what this is for) 16.95%... Energy tire fee at $6 per day... VLATR (what is this) at 4.95 per day. Total unadvertised charges: Approximately $88.00 cdn.

At check out, I submitted my contract and the owner then totaled the charges and gave me an amount which I contested. He became belligerent, aggressive and threatening and refused to give me back my copy of the contract so that I could compare. He gave me an invoice that he printed and said "you owe me $172.32" without explaining to me the different items that I questioned him on. There are three guilty parties here. Priceline.com, E-Z Rent-A-Car and 3960285 Canada Inc. I would discourage anyone from renting from these places and regret that I did not call the police when he became aggressive and slammed the counter. I called the Priceline customer service line on Thursday November 24 (day after returning the car and having a bad experience and got the run around; this is now unresolved. I on the other hand do have the resolve to go to any length to resolve this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Rent-A-Car?

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Thank you for your review. Reviews such as these provide valuable insight for the successful operation of our company. I will be reaching out to you to obtain more information regarding your issue. Thank you again for your feedback!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

Our flight arrived 2 hours late. I had a reservation through Priceline for a full size car for 5 days with a quote of $257. Due to the 2 hour late arrival they would not honor my Priceline reservation. They gave me the same full size car at the full rate which came to $372. I had no other choice but to accept the rate. I feel they took advantage of me. There was no reason for them not to honor the reservation since they gave me the same car anyway. Stay away from these people.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

Do not rent cars from this company please, is a total rip off. I end up paying more than $1,300.00 dollars for a SUV that at first the estimate was $580.00 for a Week, they start charge you without your authorization a different rate from the one that you agree at first. BE AWARE!!! And you try to make a complain and is an lose end. So DO NOT RENT FROM EZ RENT A CAR!!!

The automobile AC did not work. I had left Boston Airport and went to Newport, RI. They said I would have to bring it back to Boston Airport which was a big hassle due to distance and traffic. The customer agent say they would see if they could discount the car due to the mechanical issues. This did not happen. Second issue. I left a medical CPAP machine in the car when I turned it in at the Boston Airport. I called from the gate to have E-Z retrieve the item and they said they would call me back. No return call.

I made calls on 10/10, 10/11 (twice), 10/12, 10/13 (voice mail and email), 10/17 leaving voice mails each time. On 10/17, I called corporate and they said someone would call me by the end of the day. Talked with David in Boston and he said Elaine was off and she would call me on 10/18. Did not hear from Elaine so I called and left voice mail. Never heard from her. The medical device was never recovered. I understand that this was my mistake for leaving the item in the car but I feel that E-Z should have been more responsive in helping me locate the item and giving me callbacks. I also never heard back from my email.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

WORST company we have EVER dealt with. They committed COMPLETE FRAUD. We SIGNED the paper saying WE would fill up the car with gas. We did. It was a Prius. It was $24.00 to fill up. We returned it FULL and they charged us $105.00 refuel fee. You cannot EVER get anyone to answer ANY phone number available. We disputed the charge and will NEVER use them again. STAY AWAY. It seems like you are saving money, but you end up paying more than if you just rented from an actual reputable company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was traveling for a vacation in California and E-Z Rent-A-Car had the cheaper price for the size of the vehicle. I reserved online which was easy. At the LAX location, it took a while for the bus that came by to pick up the customers and bring them to the location. I waited with a few people for a good 45 minutes to an hour but the bus never came. We ended up taking a taxi in order to get over the rental location. I paid for the taxi ride myself and they didn't reimburse me. Another issue is the cleanliness inside the vehicle when I received it. It wasn't like trash but didn't look like it's even vacuumed or dusted. It didn't look up to par as some rental vehicles I've been in. My E-Z Rent-A-Car experience could have been better.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

I had a car accident with a EZ rent car. I tried since many weeks to contact the claim department for get all forms needed by my insurance and none answered. I sent emails too. How can I fix this problem if I can't contact anyone? It's so crazy!

Good afternoon,

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

I go down frequently to Florida to visit my mom and I needed transportation. I chose E-Z Rental because they have the exact initials as I do so it was like a natural fit, and their prices were somewhat reasonable. The folks in the return are usually behind and harried, but they don't affect me one bit. The car is also usually clean. Six times out of 10 I use E-Z. But I sure do like it when it's attached with Sirius radio.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

I cancelled my car reservation ten days prior to pickup. I went to my confirmation email. Clicked link to cancel reservation. It ask me if I was sure I wanted to cancel. I clicked "confirm". It provided me with a cancellation confirm code. I never received an email for 20 days. Upon returning from vacation I contacted them. They said it was cancelled as I never picked up car... of course not. Further told me no email is sent if cancelled online. KEEP YOUR CODE!! I unfortunately am going through paperwork for it. I find majority of companies would send. I know date and it was in evening. Should have gone through esp when I cancelled ten days out. Based on what agent is saying links don't "cancel" so it's misleading. Told them I am not paying agent. Said I can't see that either. Not helpful at all.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

This week I rented a car in Toronto from E-Z. Upon return the company wanted to charge me $150 for detailing the car as it had some dog hair inside. I refused to pay for this extortion. As a final humiliation, I was refused a shuttle to the terminal and I was made to walk. The outlet which also trades under "Trans Canada car rentals" has a very poor rating (one star - Google, Yelp, and Yellow Pages). I tried to cancel the pre-authorized CC payment but to no avail. I am $600 out of pocket for a 2 day, $203 car rental, told to ** off and walk to the terminal.

Factual basis uncertain

Good morning,

​We have gathered all the information regarding the inquiry and forward it to upper management to be further reviewed. Once we have received a response we will be in contact with you. Thank you and have a wonderful day. ​​

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

E-Z Rent a Car HOUEZ allowed my ex- husband to sign a rental contract with my credit card without permission and for which he has no signing authority. The agent at the counter did not verify identification of the credit card user as being the person listed on the card. In addition, E-Z Rent a Car HOUEZ fraudulently charged my credit card for a one way return fee of $1842.30 to LAX airport, while my ex-husband continued to drive the vehicle around Houston. Approximately 6 weeks later, after the mistake was discovered, my ex was forced to turn the car in and the charge has still not been refunded to my account. These irresponsible actions are not what I would expect from a reputable company. Calls to customer service to resolve this issue have been met with resistance since my ex-husband has no desire to discuss his fraudulent and criminal behavior.

Good afternoon,

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

We flew into LAX Oct 12 and rented from E-Z car rental. We waited almost an hour to get waited on and assigned a car but went to the space where the car was supposed to be and there was no car. We then waited another 15 minutes and were given a car that had been in an accident. The back bumper was almost falling off. The car smelled like cigarettes. It was in bad shape. It worked.. That's about it. We paid the full price for a wrecked smelly car as we expected to pay for one in good shape. That seems wrong! We should have rented from another rental agency and next time we will.

Good afternoon,

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

They gave me car with a bad tire. The car blew a tire on the highway when I was travelling 5am in the morning. Had to cancel work for that day. When I went back it took them 3 hours to resolve this issue. The customer service sucks. They tell you one thing today you come back tomorrow and is something different. I rather pay more to rent a car than get ** service.

No response received

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

When I arrived after traveling 12 hours at 7:30 in the morning to get my car, the ticket agent was not happy to be there. She took her time to find my reservation, rolled her eyes at me a few times, and asked me if "something was wrong with me." I said no to collision coverage. I was so uncomfortable with my experience, I initialed quickly in the spaces she indicated to highlight. Of course, she highlighted collision coverage even though I'd told her NO. I think it's criminal for a company to allow employees to charge customer $250 more than they agreed to and then fight with them to get it resolved. I will never use E-Z Car Rental again and will tell everyone I know to do the same. Cheats.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2016

Took half an hour to get a car, and it was in mediocre condition. Other customers coming in & out at the same time reported cars that smelled like pot smoke, or had all the warning lights on. Mine didn't have any lights on, although the low tire pressure light came on during the rental. I figured out which tire was low and added air, but then it recurred later in the rental. I'm guessing there's a nail in the tire.

More important though were the ripoffs. First, when I got the car, I was told I either needed to pay $10/day for use of toll roads (which are hard to avoid going in/out of Denver airport, and they don't accept cash), and you pay that amount for every day you have the car, regardless of whether you use the tolls on that day. So I paid an extra $70 for two tolls, one from the airport and the other back to the airport.

Second, even though I filled the gas tank before returning, they charged me $60 to fill it. (The actual cost when I filled it, 1/2 mile from their facility, was about $20.) Had they asked me when I returned the car, or actually checked it, they would have seen that the tank was full. After sending a copy of the fuel receipt, they credited my card for the amount, but it took another round to get an updated receipt that I could use for filing my expenses. I only used them because my employer's travel agency picked them. And I will do whatever I can to never use them again. I rent cars 5-10 times per year, and I've only had one service experience as bad as this, and it was 20 years ago.

Factual basis uncertain

Original review: Oct. 9, 2016

Do not rent a car from E-Z Rent-A-Car. Low customer service. On September 23, 2016 9:30 am we went to pick up a car that I booked in advance from the website. The price that we got on the website was $25 a day for 16 days was $400 plus fees and insurance $719. When we came to pick up the car the agent was very aggressive salesman that put all his power to keep sale me other services. In one point I lost my patience and told him to cancel my order. The agent came out of the desk and told me that price will stay $719 as we agree and the only thing that going to be extra is the $200 deposit and when I return my car that $200 will be waive out.

When we came back to return the car the agent that was there on day of pick up was not there and of course the price was $919. When I ask the agent to take off the $200 deposit he show me that this $200 it's part of the car rental. By the end I paid full price of $919 and they ask me to leave the place and if not they will call to the police. Never ever ever going to rent a car from E-Z Rent-A-Car. They are thieves!!! Ps. Location of rental car was on Fort Lauderdale airport and the name of the thieve agent was Breion.

Good afternoon,

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

If you are hoping to save a few dollars by renting from these guys, think again. I paid $425.00 for a 3 day $47.00/day car rental! We arrived at the E-Z Advantage rental facility at the Denver airport (off-site) and observed a lot full of vehicles of various makes and models in less than prime condition. There seemed to be no specific fleet, just a random batch of vehicles, but we were getting a decent price, so, no problem.

At the desk after a long wait the agent informed me that their computers were down, so we did everything by hand. He asked what type of coverage I wanted, and I said "just the basic deductible coverage, my insurance covers the rest". He acknowledged this and asked where I was going. I told him I had meetings in Colorado Springs, so he suggested that I take the E-Z Toll package, $9.95/day, as I would be driving mostly on toll roads. He then offered the Fuel fill-up package, which after some conversation I understood to mean that I was going to be charged their (E-Z's) rate for them to refill the tank upon my return, basically paying for the gas I used. Instead, they charged me for a full tank up front.

Well, by now there was a huge line behind me, so against my better judgement I initialed the contract where he specified, and went to find my car. The bottom line was, there was only one toll road in Denver, and my route did not take me on that road as he said it would. And he had added all of the insurance coverage that was available, so I got that too. And to add insult to injury, there was a cumulative 22.25% tax/fee assessment on the contract, so I paid an extra $50.00 in taxes just on those unneeded/unwanted services or coverages.

All in, my 3 day, $47.00 basic rental cost me $425.00. Yeah! By my calculations, if they had given me what I asked for, or actually needed, I would have paid $181.95 less. When I called to address these issues with Advantage (E-Z) they were completely uninterested in discussing the matter, let alone negotiating. As an aside, we were planning to go to Pike's Peak in that car as well, but the front suspension was making a noise that pointed to a pretty serious issue (with only 20,000 miles on the car) and was not deemed safe to make the trip. BTW, I have owned multiple automotive repair shops for over 23 years, so I am qualified to make that assessment.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

Basically, the agent at the Phoenix Airport location ignored our request to decline insurance coverage. Confirmed to us that he understood we were declining to purchase the coverage. Then proceeded to add the coverage ($25.99 per rental day) onto the contract, handed the contract to us to sign stating the extra charges were "DEPOSITS" that would be returned to us. We signed never imagining that he would lie to our face to make more money for himself. When we returned the car and received the receipt, and called his manager, David **, to voice our concern, his answer was, "Well a contract is binding." I think that's another phrase for "You sucka!" I can only imagine how much money this sleazy agent has made on unsuspecting consumers such as myself every single day that he is at work. Shame on you.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

I made our reservation over the phone through a discount agency (carrental8.com). I paid $124 at the time and was told I would pay just $64 in fees upon pick up. We flew from Illinois to Colorado for our honeymoon, went to Denver EZ Rental to pick up the car. The rep was very nice until I started asking questions. They charged us an additional $378 at pick up--on top of the $124 I already paid! When I started asking questions and telling her that those fees were not reasonable, nor what I was told on the phone, she got very rude with me. I didn't feel like we had much of a choice at the time. We had to have a car. She did say that we would get $200 of our deposit back (still overcharging us, but it was better than nothing).

Yesterday I received $150 back, so they decided to keep an extra $50 of my money. I called the 800 number for EZ rental and he said himself that the charges didn't seem right and he was going to have management call me. Manager from Denver called a few hours later and treated me like an idiot. He told me to forward my rental agreement docs to him and that he will go fire the rep immediately and send me my deposit back and then some if he sees that we were given incorrect info. I don't want anyone to lose their job. I just want my deposit back. Will never rent from them again and am posting negative reviews in every place I can find to post a review. Huge ripoff.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

I rented a car through CarRentals.com. Prepaid and bought insurance for my stay in Denver, Colorado. I arrived at the rental agency yesterday as scheduled to find the 'computers' were down and it would take 2 hours to be processed. I waited for 45 minutes without much process in the line. I had appointments I had to attend to so I rode the shuttle back to the airport in order to make other arrangements. On that shuttle, I spoke with a couple that had just returned their car. They said they had the same issue the week before! So was it really a computer issue? Or does it happen only on Fridays? I am very unhappy with the circumstance and at this point wasted $200. I have been unable to contact anyone by phone in Denver. I was not even able to tell them I was canceling my reservations. I will never use E-Z Car Rental or Advantage again and you can be sure I will never encourage anyone else to use it.

I paid for my sisters honeymoon, paid $130 for the car rental for a week. When they got to the airport and tried to pick up the car, they were hit with another $200 deposit. The rental ended up costing $330.00. Why couldn't I have paid that so they didn't have to? Why wasn't I told there would be another charge more expensive than the initial car rental? And if it's a deposit, are they getting that back? False advertising, big time. Never, ever, going to rent from them again.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

I'm writing this in review of the E-Z Rent-A-Car located at the Denver International Airport on 23790 E 78th Ave. I originally booked a rental car from Kayak and paid for 4 days of travel, as I was heading down to Colorado Springs for a wedding. I paid directly through that website in the amount of $181.97. When I got there, a representative by the name of ** assisted me and immediately insisted that I upgrade to an SUV. I told him no thanks as it was just myself and I wanted to stick with what I reserved. He then proceeded to let me know he was adding the full coverage insurance. I asked if that was required and he said no, but the basic insurance is. He then proceeded to add on the toll package. What started out to be a $181 reservation, turned out to be a $360 total after all the erroneous fees were added. ** went so fast and led me to believe that these extra fees were required.

At this point, there was a line and ** was pretty much rushing me out. I drove down to Pueblo and the next day, checked my credit card statement and there were these extra authorizations. I called the company and was routed to a call center in Orlando and spoke with Cynthia **, who told me that the insurance nor toll road package was required as long as I submit my insurance information, but to dispute, I'd have to go back to the original location. I explained to her that I was two hours away and couldn't do that, so she transferred me to the office in Denver who never picked up. I called back and got someone in the same Orlando office who said Cynthia emailed the manager my information and I would get a call as soon as possible. I waited all day, and no one called so I called the Denver location at to my surprise, no one picked up once again.

At that point, I left a detailed message explaining the situation and asked if they can call me back. At no point did I receive a call from the manager. When I went to go return the car, I spoke with an agent who asked me why I waited until after the four days to dispute. I told him about the situation and he said his manager probably won't take it off, but he'll ask. I waited about 15 min to only get a lecture from a joke of a manager who didn't give an ounce of empathy and was so condescending and rude. He said and I quote, "It's not his employee's job to explain what's required and what's not, and they are in the business to sell. Actually, this is a rental car company, and my understanding of a rental car company is to take care of their customers and provide an affordable rate, as there are other companies that are out there. The manager didn't do anything and brought the original rep who denied saying it was required.

I didn't mind paying the toll road fee, as I used the toll road, but didn't use the insurance. I feel completely taken advantage of and can only imagine what other customers are being taken advantage of as well. According to their website, their company is supposed to have the best value in rental cars, and the staff receives specific training to provide the best customer service. I'm sorry but the way the manager and the agent handled my situation was actually the complete opposite of that. I will never use this company again. They will not only take advantage of you, but think about your family and your grandparents that they are slamming additional sales onto for their own gain.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Thank you for taking the time to share your rental experience with us. For E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car customer satisfaction is our main priority and we are very pleased to know that you enjoyed our service. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

When I rented from E-Z online, it really surprised me because they had offers like the pricing but I didn't know the kind of car I was getting. When I got there, it's a big 14-passenger van so I didn't take it. The other options I'm able to get were pretty expensive. The other thing I felt strange is they needed to copy my driver's license. Last week, I was in Albuquerque again and I was renting with the other company. Even though my situation from their point of view won’t be the same, no one needs to take a copy of my driver's license. But, the car I got from E-Z is fine and my experience was okay.

Arrived at SFO to find out the rental lot was 15 minutes away from the airport. Waited for over 45 minutes for a shuttle. Tried using the phone located at the curb, but got voicemail. Was later informed that shuttle are supposed to come by every 20 minutes. All in all, it took me over an hour from arrival to I had my car. The car was overly dented, smelled a little funky and was not washed. Had over 35K miles on it. I will not be using E-Z at SFO again.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Rented a car in Nashville. Pre-booked. When we got to the check-out, I told the clerk I didn't need any insurance... I have insurance that covers rentals on my standard auto policy. So they "tell" me what I'm signing so I can sign on the pen pad - no document in front of me or on the screen to see just a place to sign. The clerk prints out the document and hands it to us as she gives us our car inspection form, exit gate code, location of the car (while a line is behind us)... And off we go. Only to find out they did bill us $137 for insurance we requested not to have.

So we email the company (who says they will investigate) and they tell us - "Well you signed for it..." on the pen pad - with no document in front of us - just their "explanation" of what I was signing. I am very disappointed in E-Z Rent-A-Car and will never rent from them again. Very poor business practices... And the "investigation"was an absolute joke. Shame on your business practices E-Z RENT-A-CAR.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Thank you for taking the time to share your rental experience with us. For E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car customer satisfaction is our main priority and we are very pleased to know that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

I needed to rent a car because I was traveling by plane and I didn’t have ground transportation at my destination in San Diego. It's a government rental, so it had to be at the lowest possible fare. I made an online reservation with E-Z Rent-A-Car through a third party government travel agent’s website. Overall, it was a good experience.

E-Z Rent-A-Car Company Profile