Orlando, FL

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We recently made a reservation online with E-Z Rent-A-Car and we had nice interactions with the reps who were easy to work with. Overall, it was very good.

Reserved a Toyota Camry but Tammy insisted she would upgrade us to a Rav since we had golf clubs. We told her we were fine with the Camry but she said she'd get us a great deal. Ended up costing us $300+ more for the week. Our bad, didn't look at the rental agreement she had us quickly sign but verbally she told us it was $45/day, not additional, just $45/day. Ended up that was the upgrade cost. She acted like this was a real deal for us, we paid $900 to rent a Toyota Rav for a week. For that price, I'd expect a Corvette convertible. Complained to Casey at Phoenix airport (very unprofessional) and also called corporate customer service with no resolution. Will never use them again.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Thank you for contacting E-Z and Advantage Rent A Car. After further investigation and reviewing your Rental Agreement we found that you signed accepting the optional service of the Renters Liability Protection for $13.95 a day. When you signed your Agreement you acknowledged that you had the opportunity to read through the Agreement before signing to verify all charges were correct. Since you singed agreeing to all charges which included the Renters Liability Protection, a refund is not applicable. Thank you and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Original review: March 19, 2017

So I rented a car from this company. Pick up was a 1:00 am after a long flight. At the desk I spoke with a kind lady that help me through my paperwork, or so I thought. She asked me if I wanted extra insurance which I said no, and was very pushy on getting a fuel purchase option (fpo). Once we talked about all the options I was left it initial all the paperwork. This is done on small screen that you use to swipe your card, in which you can only read two line at a time. After glancing through the first 3 out of 7 which all read "by initialing here you declined to purchase...". Now I know this part is my own fault, but I initialed by a #6 in the list label RLP (renter liability protection) saying I agreed to this. Completely missed it! Now when the paperwork printed out the deposit of $200.00 was on the bill and I ask that seems pretty high. She then explained the deposit will be refunded and the red flag went away.

Later that day after I got a few hours of shut eye. I looked back through it and saw the $13.95 a day charge for RLP. So I immediately called the corporate number which they told me they couldn't help I need to call the ATL branch. So I called no answer. I call 4 times throughout the day then left a message for a call back. Never got a call back. I called a few times the next day... No answer. Keep in mind I am trying to meet family and enjoy my short trip with them. Then I called the corporate number the next day and when they gave me the same response. I told them I can't get anyone to pick up the phone at that location. Then they patched me through to the manager in ATL. This is the part where I don't have any leverage. Yes, I initialed by the statement I want insurance. And it could be a con on my part to ask for insurance and after my time is up say I don't want it. Seems like something someone would do right? Have the insurance and not pay for it.

The manager said he would meet me in the middle and refund half of the days. I said, "Fine, after 3 days of this I'm done..." Later that day I'm grabbing something out of the glove box when I find another rental agreement from the last person that rented the car. Surprise surprise! Line #6 "by initialing here, you agreed to purchase RLP". The person only had the car for 2 days and probably didn't notice. Their signatures were only a scribble. I think the best part is how they didn't put it all the way at the end. Second to last to try to hide it. They got me. Hopefully if you were patient enough to read this they won't trick you.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Thank you for your review. Reviews such as these provide valuable insight for the successful operation of our company. I will be reaching out to you to obtain more information regarding your issue. Thank you again for your feedback!

Original review: March 15, 2017

I could not get my money back, could not get my bill. I send three mails but they did not respond yet. They said they will pay 200 USD back but they did not. The attitude of the workers in Los Angeles airport was bad. It is the worst company I have ever met. I am still trying to get my bill and money and still no response.

Resolution In Progress

When I rented the car the Agent at the counter charge for the one day rental and the Deposit and he says in 10 days they will return the funds on my account and it's been 3 months and they haven't reimburse me the money. When I call the customer service and claims they don't give a solution.

I wish I had read the reviews about E-Z Rent-a-Car making false claims to customers about damage before I rented from them last week. I was given a rental vehicle in Boston which was damaged and that damage was noted when I picked up the car. The associate said that "some kid" had severely dented the car. I returned the car the next day during normal working hours at 3 PM. NO additional damage was noted when the car was returned.

One week later I find that I am being harassed on a daily basis by someone from PurCo, a known scam organization, who is claiming that I damaged the vehicle. An internet search of this outfit shows that they are known for attempting to extort money out of rental car customers, threatening and harassing them. Obviously this scam organization obtained my name, personal phone number and email from E-Z Rent-a-Car. This is a serious data breach. At no time did E-Z Rent-a-Car say anything to the effect that I had returned the vehicle in an unacceptable condition or indicate that there might be a problem.

I have spoken with agents from EZ Rent-a-Car twice about this matter, both have assured me that I returned the vehicle in acceptable condition and that there was "nothing in the damage notes". I spoke with the first associate after being called by PurCo; she said to "ignore" the scammer. I called the second one after receiving a report from the scammer regarding the vehicle. The report was dated two days after I returned it, with 27 additional miles from what it had when I turned it in. The second associate said she would open an investigation and in the meantime not to reply to the scammer from PurCo. Nonetheless, this scam outfit PurCo now has my contact information and is harassing me on a daily basis. What kind of company turns over full contact information from their customers to a known scam organization to harass their customers? I find this unacceptable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Rent-A-Car?

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Thank you for contacting E-Z and Advantage Rent A Car. After further reviewing your Rental Agreement we found that you signed accepting the optional service of the Collision Damage Waiver. When you signed your Agreement you acknowledged that you had the opportunity to read through the Agreement before signing to verify all charges were correct. Because you singed agreeing to all charges which included the Collision Damage Waiver, a refund is not applicable. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: March 4, 2017

The agent kept upcharging me, pressuring me, adding hidden fees with acronyms that upon inquiry were things I did not want. Ended up costing me double the quote. The agent tried to add everything he could. I said no, he put something else in the agreement. I was quoted with all taxes and fees, $138. The cost after the strong-arming, hidden fees etc. was $244. I'll never rent from them again. Scam. Stay away.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: March 1, 2017

I must say, I will never rent a car from here again. Upon arrival in Orlando, Florida we went straight to the EZ rental desk. I figured something was fishy when this desk had no line and all the other rental car companies had several people waiting. The man who checked us in was quite snide in his remarks when I declined all of his upcharges. Fast forward to when we get the keys. Usually an associate inspects the vehicle for damages before you leave the premises, right? Not here. My fiance and I were told to do so ourselves. So I kindly asked for someone else to assist us in this process (since I've read reviews that this company makes false charges). Now mind you, my fiance is extremely knowledgeable on vehicles and he sees EVERYTHING. We check it out, and we see a couple paint marks and a microscopic indentation. No big deal. The associate comes over a few minutes later. He assures us there's no damage, so we leave.

Here's where everything goes downhill. We return the car and an associate is examining it and says, "Everything looks good except this one dent." This dent was literally the size of a pin. And I tell him that it has been there. He says, "Ok no problem." Weeks after we return home I get a letter that the vehicle I rented sustained some damage during my rental period. I am extremely frustrated at the fact that they would make this accusation. Come on. I've rented several cars before and I've never felt so deceived. Why would you rent out cars that have slight damages to them and place the blame on your customers? If it wasn't the tiny dent I'm sure they'd find something else.

I take the blame for not marking the damages I saw, but I was very trusting and knew the representative would have addressed that pin size damage for us if it was necessary. EZ Rental Car does make false charges. They take advantage of those people who decline their coverage and the next thing you know you're being charged for damage. It's ridiculous. Beware if you ever rent from them.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Thank you for reviewing our service. The experience you outlined in your review does not reflect the ideals of our company. I would like to obtain more information regarding your unfortunate experience with us so that we may better our experience for our valued customers such as yourself.

Would you please be able to provide your reservation or contract number so that I may take a closer look into your complaint and attempt to find a mutual resolution?

Thank you again! I look forward in great anticipation to your reply.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

We booked and paid in full for our car on 1/16/17. Card was charged and we arrived in Phoenix to pick up the car on 2/16/16. It was the only rental car company to have a line of people, and we stood in line for 45 minutes watching other travelers at Avis, Enterprise etc walk in and out with keys after only a few minutes. When we arrived at the counter after our long wait, I inquired as to why the process was taking so long, since we had already paid for our reservation. It should have been a quick process.

The man behind the counter shrugged and mumbled something about having "three employees call in." He was condescending and rude, repeatedly tried to upsell us, and when we stated that we were driving to the Grand Canyon he insisted that we needed a 4x4. When we declined, he shook his head at us like we were fools (if you have ever been to the South Rim of the GC, you know it's more like Disney than a rough Wilderness. Every single road is newly paved). We thought, after returning our car on 2/21/17 that our unfortunate experience with this company was over; however, we checked our credit card today and discovered that we were charged an additional $250.00 on 2/22/17... A full 24 hours AFTER we returned the car.

The customer service rep and her supervisor Raquel whom we dealt with spoke English as a second language, so it was frustrating to understand them. First we were told that we were charged an additional $250 because "you returned the car a day late." When we disputed this, we were told that the charge was "a deposit" that the company charges as per their policy. When we questioned why we were being charged a deposit on a vehicle that we had ALREADY RETURNED, we were told that the amount had been refunded to our credit card (it hadn't).

The rep sent us an invoice that she stated was a "Refund Receipt" showing the credit. The top of the invoice clearly reads "Payment Receipt" and shows "-$269.00" from our credit card. When I pointed this out, she tried to tell me that the minus sign actually means a credit. I was unsuccessful in attempting to explain that in no form of mathematics or banking does "minus" ever equal "plus."

We finally spoke with the supervisor Raquel who was equally unhelpful, telling us that we were "welcome to call our credit card company to sort it out." So, basically, no help. Unfortunately I will have to get my cc company involved, as I have a sneaking suspicion that this company is scamming money from us and other customers in the hopes that people won't notice or dispute it. I will NEVER do business with this company again, and I advise anyone who values their time and money to avoid them as well.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. We found that on 2/13/17 you were reimbursed for the Uber ride in the amount of $118.89. Please allow up to 21 business days fort his amount to reflect onto he the card on file. The name of the agent working on your case is Sebastian, if you have any further questions feel free to contact him at sdiaz@aezrac.com. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

The car I received was defective. On the day I was to return the car, it wouldn't turn on. I found that oil tank had been dripping and even the filter came out of the tank. Since I could not turn it on I called E-Z Rent A Car and after waiting for 45 minutes to speak to a representative they told me to drop off the keys in the airport office, since I have a flight to catch and I could not wait for road assistance. I had to take an Uber to the airport and was already delayed for my flight. At the office in the airport I wouldn't receive any help. On the contrary they didn't want to believe the car had such a problem. They suggested that I may have even not used the appropriate fuel for the car, so until a mechanic could check the car they were going to keep my account open and charge me as if I haven't returned it. Unbelievable!

I ended up missing my flight and had to stay for an extra day in the US sleeping at the airport because E-Z Rent a Car didn't want to take any responsibility, pay for a hotel, not even for a transport to a hotel where I could spend the night or any extra expenses (such as meals) I had as a consequence of renting a car with such a big problem! I filed a claim and been trying to get a response from customer service ever since and they care so little. They don't even bother to reply to my emails or phone calls. Worst service and experience ever!

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent experience with us. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent with the vehicle. For E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car customer satisfaction is our main priority and it is never out intentions to provide our customers with a vehicle that is not up to our company standards. Your experience has been addressed this with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

I rented a car from E-Z Rent-A-Car at the Atlanta airport from Jan 25, 2017 until Feb 8, 2017. I made a prepaid reservation for the car over 30 days in advance. Upon arrival I was told there were no cars available and I'd have to wait or go to another car rental company. Since I had pre-paid, discounted reservation it was unlikely I'd find another car at that price, so I elected to wait. I stood at the counter for over 45 minutes before a car came available. There was no apology for the lack of a car and no attempt was made to expedite getting one. When I picked up the car I found the electric seat would not move forward more than 1 1/2" from it's rearward most position, the tires were noticeably under inflated and very worn and the car was two years old with over 40,000 miles on it. I mentioned all this to the lady checking me out and she apologized for the car and for not having another replacement.

I took care of the tires, but was unable to ever get the seat to work right. During the time driving the car there was a continuous seatbelt warning light showing and the car would intermittently start talking through it's onboard verbal communications. I drove it to visit friends in Florida and during that trip the windshield took a rock strike and was cracked on the passenger side. When I got to Florida I contacted my insurance company, got a claim number for E-Z and attempted to call them and report the incident and provide the claim number. Once again nobody answered the phone OR returned the phone message. The car was parked 3 days while I visited. When I got back into the car to leave, the battery was dead and the car would not start. Fortunately my friend had jumper cables and got me going. The car restarted when I stopped for gas that day, so I thought I might be ok. I drove the car for one more day with no problems.

The day before I was to turn the car in the battery was totally dead again. I made three calls to E-Z Rent-A-Car to report the battery, but I was never able to get someone on the phone. I had not purchased the roadside assistance because I have AAA, so I called them for assistance. AAA sent a technician to my location, tested the battery and car electrical system and confirmed the charging system was working, but the battery was dead. Unfortunately the technician did not have the correct battery for the car, so he gave me a jump and directed me to an Auto Zone where I was able to purchase a battery and have it installed in the car. AAA provided me with a written report from the testing and a copy of the ticket for the service call. I got the receipt for the battery as well. When I turned the car in at the airport, the people checking in never even noticed the windshield, so I pointed it out, filled out a report and provided the claim number.

Next came the battery. I was directed to the customer service office. The ladies there took copies of all my documentation and then told me they would need a manager's approval to refund my money. They talked to the manager who declined to refund because I did not have an approval number for the purchase. I asked to speak to him, explained I had attempted to get an approval number but nobody ever answered the phone OR called me back. Mike the manager then told me he would have to get an approval from his manager and he would call me back within two days. I tried calling Mike back after two days, but as usual he never answered and after 5 days has not called back. So, I called the Orlando customer service, went through the entire story and they found NOTHING in their system regarding the battery, so that lady started a claim ticket and told me I would be contacted within 48 hours.

It's now been 3 days since I filed the claim and nobody from E-Z Rent-A-Car has contacted me. Obviously I do not recommend this company. The car I had should not have been in rental car service, their customer service is non-existent, their employees at the rental car counter at the Atlanta Airport have lousy attitudes and no clue what customer service is and Mike the manager is not manager material. Given the circumstances of the battery and the documentation I provided there should have been an immediate refund at least. E-Z Rent-A-Car is an oxymoron, there's NOTHING easy about it!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

I'm so mad mostly with myself. I have never been treated so bad as a customer. After reading all bad reviews on Google and still gave them a try for they were advertising a great deal my advice STAY AWAY FROM THEM. From the porter lady to the branch "dis-manager" I really feel really sorry for all of them and even that they ruined my day and probably my trip since I have to spend 5 hrs dealing with customer service line and hotwire.com. I thank God for he gave patience and understanding over this situation and I pray for them but for the business really don't care much. I rarely take time of my life to write nor say anything negative but you guys Advantage really do honor your name taking advantage of your clients.

I am writing to express my frustration and disappointment with Advance/EZ Rent A Car. We had a confirmed reservation for a car for a week. This car was confirmed and prepaid for. After a very long day of travel and arriving at the Phoenix AZ airport location, we were informed there wasn't a car available and there was nothing they could do for us. The reservation states that there are no changes or cancellation accepted, yet they are able to inform us that there is not a car for us, and we are dismissed by the employee in charge…

We were refunded our pre-paid costs but we had no choice but to go to a competitor and rent a car for over $100 more than we were planning to spend. We were lucky to find one. If I had not had a reservation with EZ I would have shopped around for a better price. I am extremely disappointed and confused how this can happen to a customer and the staff did not even apologize or explain the mix up. What was suppose to be a nice get-away began with strain between my partner and I. I would NOT ever use these clowns.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. For E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. As per the notes in our system, The location did not recover any clothing items. Not in vehicle and not in lost and found. As stipulated on your signed Rental Agreement under Terms and Conditions "You release us, our agents and employees from all claims for loss of or damage to your personal property or that of another person that we received, handled or stored, or that was left or carried in or on the Vehicle or in any service vehicle or in our offices, whether or not the loss or damage was caused by our negligence or was otherwise our responsibility." We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I accidentally left 3 winter coats in the trunk of the car I returned to the Phoenix airport location yesterday. I called less than 30 minutes later from the airplane and got complaint ticket #**. Before takeoff, I did get a call back from the site manager. However, an hour or so later, he left me a message with his callback number explaining that my items had not been located or turned in. I have not been able to speak with anyone, the manager or anyone at the Lost and Found since, though I called back many times on the last 24 hours and have left messages and my number. Is it company policy to steal or throw away left behind items?

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. We are currently looking for ways to improve our customers wait time. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

Hands down worst car rental experience I have ever had. They advertise that they are right in the Denver Airport, then shuttle you elsewhere. They also send you outside to wait for your shuttle then don't alert the shuttle so you wait 30 min before calling upset then they send the shuttle. Then you wait in a 1 hour plus line to get the car. Awful experience. I left out a bunch of other negative small details FYI. By the way this is for 2 people who reserved a car in advance.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

E-Z Rent-A-Car's price was half that of Enterprise, which is what I usually use, so I gave them a try when we had on our family vacation. I booked online and when we got to the rental place, I was surprised that there were lines everywhere except at E-Z Rent. You could see the people were waiting for a really long time while in our case, there was one person ahead of us. It took him five minutes and then it was us. It was great and the car was awesome. They upgraded us for free, gave us a brand new car and I loved it. It also went smoothly and easily with their rep.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The price offered by E-Z Rent-A-Car was more reasonable and I made a reservation with them online when I went on a holiday vacation. Their staff were very pleasant, they explained everything to me and they were really efficient. The shuttle was real quick too. I would rent from them again.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. We run by a 24 hour cycle. Since you picked up the rental on 1/19/17 at 10:38 am, you were to return the vehicle on 1/22/17 at 10:38 am in order to avoid being charged for a 4 day. Since you returned at 2:57 pm on 1/22/17 your extra daily rate was $24.74. Also when you booked your reservation you chose your pick up and drop off time as 10:00 am. Once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

My credit card was cloned and I was overcharged. I reserved thru Orbitz. Did not want to pay over the internet to protect my credit card. As soon as I left EZ Rent A Car, my bank contacted me due to 2 suspicious charges. I had not used the card before or after the rental car location. Not only my card was fraudulently charged, EZ Car Rental overcharged me without proper notification of an alleged hourly rate. They charged me 3 hours, for what I paid 2 days. They told me to return the car anytime before 11 pm. I did at 3 pm. WILL NEVER USE THIS PLACE AGAIN. Of course, I will dispute the charge.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

The card I received was a real wreck. I picked it up late in the day after traveling for over 8 hours. The next day after some rest I viewed the car. It had rust around the trunk, and no less than 50 dings all around the car. The whining from the rear of the car was deafening. The tires were worn, and needed to be replaced. This was a true RENT A WRECK, and I paid $537.62 for 8 days. The biggest ripoff I ever experienced. I was the fool! Find somewhere else to rent a car on Maui!

E-Z Rent-A-Car

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

We found E-Z Rent-A-Car in Orlando airport and I liked their terms and policy. There's no upsell and trying to push insurance on me. It's just the way I like to do business. We've been very happy with the fees and their reps have all been fine. The cars are fine, too. One had a puncture in it, but it was no big deal. Nothing happened to anybody. I'm very happy with E-Z and we prefer it all the time. Unless we have something that puts us off we will keep renting with them.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. International renters must have full coverage on the rental. Credit cards only cover the Collision Damage Waiver. In order to have full coverage you must purchase our Supplemental Liability Insurance as well. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

I booked the car online and it was a reasonable price. And we arrived after a really long flight: the woman added 2 insurances policies. I told her I had an insurance with my credit card. She said that the first one was compulsory and the second one was a mistake from the computer and that at the end of the rental we wouldn't have to pay for it (what a lie we had to pay for it...). She said that we also had to add the electronic device for the motorway even if told her that we didn't need it. She answered: "I can see it's your first time in LA." At the end we paid 3 times the price that we were supposed to pay! And the customer service said it was our fault! We said no to every things she proposed and it's our fault! And because we are foreigners there is nothing we can do about it.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. As stipulated on your signed rental agreement, all customers are responsible for the vehicles key. If the key is missing or is a new key was made with out the remote, there will be a charge up to $350.00. All of our vehicles come with a remote key. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I rented a car with a prepay option. I paid $186.89 on 10/14/16. My contract number was **. The problem is although we hope to never have a fault as a customer, it does happen. The true measure of a company is how to help the customer through the issues. I lost a key at the beach. It is important to note when I took possession of the car, I received a key and a ring. No remote... Now the key was lost in the sand at Ft. Lauderdale beach. I called E-Z Rent-A-Car and was on hold for two hours. I ended up calling from second phone while being plugged in at a bar and the next person told me I should call a local locksmith. He stated that is what they would do and note my account. I called a locksmith, who made a key on the spot and I saved the receipt. When I returned the car, the manager Alfredo said "This is not a key from the dealer, charge him $150" and walked away.

I asked the person at the counter for a manager, and she stated that was him. I asked her if he could come back and explain his position. I followed directions, she stated he said he was busy. They charged my card an additional $150 in addition to the $160 I paid for the key in Ft. Lauderdale. I had to catch my flight so we went to the terminal and called customer service and spoke to Ariel. She informed me that someone would contact me about this poor service immediately. No one contacted me. I called again and they stated someone from the Miami management team would be calling me.

I then got an email from Frank ** on December 23, 2016 stating he would like to discuss the issue. I called Frank 3 times over the next five days and left messages that I was trying to reach him. I sent an email to Frank replying to his email on December 28, 2016 and till this day no response. I called customer service again on January 19, 2017 and they informed me, it was my fault and I was charged appropriately. I had to explain to her I did not receive a remote to open doors. She again stated someone would call back within an hour. No one did.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

My sister told me about E-Z Rent-A-Car. And, I went with them because of their pricing. I had a problem, but it wasn't E-Z's fault. I got stuck in a blizzard and my flight was canceled. So, I had to change my reservations but I was caught in all these lines at the airport to try and get another flight. By the time I got it all straightened and I called E-Z Rent-A-Car, it was too late. I missed my reservation and I didn't get the same price and that was upsetting. I didn't think that was fair, but it wasn't the representative's fault. I missed two days of the vacation, which was horrible enough, and I got stuck in zero degrees when I was planning on laying on the beach. With that, I got a little unfriendly with the representative and it really wasn't his fault. So, I apologize but I took care of it over the phone not when I was at the rental car place.

In addition, I've rented a car from them several times already, and it's in like a garage at the airport and it's very dark and it's hard to see. I go over the car but it is hard to see there especially inside the car. Also, trying to get out of the garage was an ordeal. There was one teeny little lane and that was also the lane where people were dropping off their cars which made no sense to me. I couldn't get out of the easy section of the garage. It took about 25 minutes because people were dropping off their cars in the same spot that there was just one lane to get out. I've never seen that before. That was in the Fort Lauderdale airport car rental building.

There were more problems in the garage. They told me my car was in spot 13 and there was nothing there. I got in the wrong car and the key didn't work. It was down the lane and it was a different car after I got all excited about the first one. E-Z Rent-A-Car is still great. They have the best price and they're in the airport I go to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a great experience with E-Z Rent-A-Car. The person who was at the counter was just fabulous. I was really happy. She was helpful, courteous, and gave all the required information. She was perfectly the kind of person who needs to be at the front desk. She did a really good job. However, the person who received the keys when I came back to return the car after 10 days was a bit rude to me. Due to the traffic I dropped the car about an hour and a half after suitable time. I asked for some consideration on the rate but he was really rude.

He could have been polite and given me answer, but he wasn't the most pleasant person to talk to. They charged me a whole day but I told them that I'm not paying $60. They shouldn't charge for the whole day but instead charge the person prorated. I had to go up and speak to the manager then I went back to the lady at the front desk and she resolved the issue for me. It took about 45 minutes to get everything resolved. If I would've been charged the whole day, I would probably not use them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've only been to Vegas one other time, and we didn’t have a car so we had a rental car scheduled. When we got to the airport, we were looking for that particular rental place, and we were told that it wasn’t in the airport. Since we were tired from the trip, we just went ahead with E-Z Rent-A-Car which is at the airport. They met us, talked to us and placing a reservation with them has been good. When we were returning the car, we just dropped it off, their rep checked it out and we were told that we're free to go.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Have used this company twice and both times were good. I would commend this company. The first time I made reservations with E-Z I admit I was a little apprehensive. Especially it being away from the airport. Transportation, pick up and return to airport was very easy.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and it is unfortunate that our agent was not up to our company standards and did not provide you with the best service you deserved. We thank you for providing us with feedback of your rental experience with us. We take our customers feedback seriously and we have addressed this incident with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements. All of our local renter policies can be found on our direct website Advantage.com and e-zrentacar.com. Once again we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I made a reservation through carrental8.com and they sent me a voucher to pick up my rental car at E-Z Rent-A-Car. This was my first time renting from them. I've never experienced any trouble renting a car before. However, today was different. I get to the counter and show my ID. I was told that since I live in Las Vegas locally that there would be restrictions placed on my mileage as well as a $350 deposit held on my card. They also told me I could not purchase additional insurance through them, that instead I had to show them a letter from my insurance company stating that I have full coverage insurance and it is transferable to this rental.

Normally, I show proof of insurance by showing my card. The agent was extremely rude and when I offered to go get my insurance card so they could call my insurer, he said, very condescending, "No. You're not listening. You need a letter that explains your exact level of coverage and says that the coverage is transferable!" Then they asked me if I had a car parked outside already, then why would I want to be renting a car from them? I was sort of surprised by this question but explained that my husband was going out of town and we only have one car.

However, I needed to use a car for the weekend since I had lots of running around to do. I don't really understand how it was any of their business as to exactly why I was renting. In hindsight I wish I'd said, "Well, I was planning to rob some banks and needed a getaway car!" I mean... I have never been treated so poorly by a car rental company before. I was really appalled. So after I explained why I needed the car the agent explained to me that he just wanted me to know that I'm limited to 150 miles per day.

At this point I was really tired of this guy and I have no idea how many miles I'd be driving. I know I would be going all over town looking at some houses and land for sale. I was renting a car because I have lots of places to go and a lot of driving to do! My frustration is that there are no mileage restrictions for anyone from out of town and additional insurance options are available for out of town renters too.

Why are locals given such poor treatment at E-Z Rent-a-Car? We are paying the same rates as non locals so why are we not offered the same service? I told the agent that my gut feeling about this place was very uneasy based on an extremely poor first impression and that I needed to cancel my reservation. He told me I'd need to take that up with the company I booked the rental from. I was just floored at this guy's attitude. Obviously E-Z Rent-A-Car is out for the tourist's buck and could care less about those who actually live in this city. So warning to all Las Vegas locals - do not rent from E-Z Rent-a-Car.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've used E-Z Rent-A-Car several times in Seattle. Their price is right and they've got some fabulous people there. I do my reservations over the phone and their website is fairly easy to navigate compared to some. I would recommend E-Z Rent-A-Car to everybody.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I sent you multiple emails saying I needed only one reservation. When I tried to make reservation a message came up on screen that it was unavailable and try later. I tried again and same message came up. I discovered two reservations were made and charged. I emailed you immediately. You have no phone number and support did not respond. I reported to my credit card company. I will not use your services again.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Thank you for choosing Advantage Rent A Car. In order to reimburse you for the optional services you purchased, we would need your documents stating you purchased insurance through Expedia. Once we have received this information we will be able to further assist you with your case. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Do not hire from this company. We had a terrible experience hiring a car for the duration of our stay from the LAX branch. Firstly our car smelt of smoke, but that was not our main issue. We arrived at LAX after a 14 hour flight, tired and ready to get to our hotel. The staff member who served us took us seemed to be in a hurry and asked us if we wanted to take out insurance on the car. We clearly stated NO as we had already organised car insurance coverage. The staff member then told us we were done and we had to sign where he had marked. We walked out and continued on our way. To our shock and horror we checked our credit card statement later in the trip and had been charged the additional insurance on the car despite advising we DID NOT WANT THIS. We immediately contacted the company and explained we already had insurance organised and this charge was an error.

We had many international phone conversations (at our cost!) and emails with them, and they informed us they will not refund our money. I believe this is a scam they employ and figure not everyone will notice right away. This is a form of fraud. I have since read many other reviews on this company and note this is a common complaint. Be aware of dealing with this company. We will certainly never deal with them again and will continue to review them on other websites as they are unethical and lack common decency and the right customer service skills.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

E-Z Rent-A-Car is reasonably priced and in fact cheaper than other car rentals. Their customer service reps are also awesome. I've done my arrangements online and their website is nice and easy to use. I have no complaints.

E-Z Rent-A-Car Company Profile