2.22/5
Based on 191 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Orlando, FL

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our goal is to provide the best experience possible when renting a car. In 1994, E-Z Rent-A-Car started with nine vehicles at the Orlando National Airport and has now grown to be one of the largest businesses in the rental car industry. We want every step to be easy and efficient while providing the best value for your next vacation or business trip. Call us today!

BBBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 19, 2018

780 E-Z Rent-A-Car Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

Rental agent misplaced drop off location. All attempts to manage rental agreement has failed. The email address provided on rental agreement does not exist. The answering machine offers Caribbean Cruise.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 18, 2018

I echo the comments that many others have left. I rented a car this past week from the Denver, Colorado location and was simply flabbergasted at the poor customer service, the outright misrepresentations and the fraudulent activity of this company. I am surprised this company is still in business and wish I had checked the reviews before renting from them. I booked a reservation through Priceline. I stood in line at E-Z for over an hour waiting for my vehicle. When I finally got the counter I was asked if I wanted to add any additional services, to which I clearly stated "no." I was asked to initial some boxes and told that the initials were just confirming my rental. I again asked if I was being charged any extra fees and the agent assured me I was not. I relied on that representation (which I twice received) and went on to my vehicle.

I later looked at the receipt and saw that I had been charged a fee for a "roadside assistance program" for each day of my rental. This, with taxes and fees, was an additional $80. I called to dispute this and was told that since I had initialed the box I had already agreed to it and they would not adjust it (again, when I spoke with the agent originally he confirmed twice that I was not being charged any additional fees). I also needed the car for an additional day and asked that I not be charged the roadside assistance fee. The agent told me that he couldn't take off the fee because he had already processed the transaction (even though I had just booked the extra day less than 5 minutes earlier).

The customer agent then proceeded to YELL at me (completely inappropriate). I asked to speak with a manager and was told that no manager was available but that I would receive a return phone call. I of course never received a phone call. When I returned the vehicle I again asked to speak with a manager and she gave me the EXACT same response that I had gotten from the customer service agent earlier, suggesting that they are trained to give these "cookie cutter" responses. She, like the other customer service agent, was rude and condescending. Clearly, their game is to tell at the desk that you aren't being charged any additional fees, rely on the fact that you won't thoroughly read through the document and then have you initial next to boxes agreeing to additional fees.

That way they can later come back and say, "you initialed the box so you agreed to it." This is fraud. To make matters worse, when I got home I discovered that my credit card had been charged a fee of $116. The "roadside assistance" fees were $80, so they AGAIN added another unauthorized fee on top of that. I am aghast at the way I was treated by the employees at this company and their company model is based on fraud, misrepresentation and dishonesty. I will be pursuing legal claims against this company because they should not be able to conduct business in this fashion. I also strongly believe that someone should look into their labor practices to ensure that their non-management employees are paid a fair (at least minimum) wage. When I returned the car I observed that this may not be the case.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I recently rented a vehicle from E-Z Rent-A-Car/Advantage in Atlanta GA. So far I have experienced a lack of response from the management office, poor customer service (employee texting on cell phone causing customer to wait, and no support from 1800# when experiencing issues with vehicle), misfiling of insurance claim despite a known issue being the fault of the facility, and false gas charges despite customer decline of FPO and having brought the car back completely full with gas. I have filed claims with the company for multiple issues and have not received any response on these matters. The quality of service and support is severely lacking with this company. I would like someone from leadership at E-Z Rent-A-Car to contact me about this matter. In the meantime you will be pursuing the issue with my insurance and credit card company.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 9, 2018

Arranged for rental vehicle via Priceline website. On 10/18/2017, picked up rental vehicle. Rental record (**) states 'Total estimated charges: $192.51'. On 10/25/2017, returned vehicle, clean, no damage and tank filled. The final rental record states 'Total Due: $192.51'. But credit card statement show I was charged $241.13 on 10/18/2017 (appears on statement as 'PRICELINE*RENTAL C') and there was no refund for $ 48.62.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for contacting E-Z Rent A Car. After reviewing your Rental Agreement I found that your card was authorized in the amount of $200.00 which was for the rental cost and the security deposit. When you returned your rental on 10/25/2017 we used the same authorization to only charge you $192.51 for the rental. The amount of $200.00 was a pending transaction that was never charged. Therefore, the remaining amount was released. You will not receive a refund because we never charged you for a deposit it was only a hold. For further assistance please contact our voice of customer team at 407-888-0519 or at vocteam@advantage.com. thank you and have a wonderful day.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 8, 2018

Car Hire Atlanta Airport - Do not use this company. They more often say that they do not have your vehicle and say you have to pay more for another 50% more. Most dishonest company. Also part of Advantage car hire.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Rent-A-Car?

Original review: April 3, 2018

We made a reservation with E-Z Rental back in August for a vacation this last March. Picked the vehicle we wanted, everything should have been good to go. Upon arriving to the desk at MCO, we immediately felt bullied into renting another vehicle (a van) and was told that the vehicle we had rented wasn't going to work for us even when I insisted it would and continuously tried to get us to rent the van and pay a ton more. After going back and forth for many minutes, we agreed to take the van at a "discounted" rate. I told him that I still wanted to see the inside of the Toyota Sequoia and he said they would be able to take care of that for me, except when I went up to get the rental, that vehicle wasn't even available (how convenient...) I felt taken advantage of.

Additionally, I have now received a bill almost 2 weeks later to pay for tolls throughout our time in Florida. I called E-Z and they told me there was nothing they could do and passed me off to some "tolling company". I talked to them and they said I was sent a charge because we used the "sun pass" that was in the car. We declined this option at the desk when we processed the paperwork for this rental and paid every toll. E-Z rental is an absolute joke, they take advantage of people, nickel and dime people and have a low moral compass as a company. I will never rent a car here again, will tell everyone I know and will blast this company over and over again through social media until they are out of business. But I guess they'll just say "good luck".

Original review: April 3, 2018

I booked a car with E-Z rental car, when I went to pick the car up they told me the car I reserved was not available. Although the car they had available for me was an upgrade. There was nothing said about a price increase, that basically doubled the cost. I was led to believe they offered the car as a courtesy for not having my car ready. The car had numerous dents, it would hesitate when taking off and then accelerate wildly. I will not rent from E-Z rental car again. Buyer beware.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent with the vehicle. For E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car customer satisfaction is our main priority and it is never out intentions to provide our customers with a vehicle that is not up to our company standards. Your experience has been addressed this with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. Once again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 23, 2018

Rented a car on their website and paid in advance. When I got to the counter at Orlando airport, Ahmad ** tried to upsell me on everything. It was very busy as spring break was just kicking off, noisy at the counter, and his English was difficult to understand. He told me to sign in a couple boxes on the pin pad and told me it was just agreeing to the refundable deposit of $200. I didn’t agree to any additional charges and sure didn’t need the collision damage waiver. He sent me with my receipt which didn’t have the box checked for insurance but when I got my receipt via email it showed one of my initials agreeing to the CDW insurance (@ $25 per day)!!!

Super shady company!!! Lesson learned not to trust and not to sign on a pin pad without knowing what the initials actually go to. I verbally told him I didn’t want extra insurance. I was lied to and when I talked to customer service they just kept telling me I agreed to it because they have the signed contract. I sent a picture of my receipt to them and waiting to hear back. The counter people must earn a hefty commission for upselling the insurance and “preselling” a tank of gas. Ahmad tried to tell me that I should prepay for a tank of gas because all of the gas stations around the airport are over $5 a gallon and if they have to fill up the tank they charge $9 a gallon. Bottom line... terrible company to do business with. Wish I would have read the reviews.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for your review. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. I will be reaching out to you to obtain more information regarding your issue. Thank you again for your feedback!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 22, 2018

I booked through Expedia and told there would be no extra charges. When I showed up to pick up the car, I was charged $25 per day extra. There was nothing I could do at this point because I had already been charged through Expedia and did not want to pay again at another rental car place. I figured I would call and complain when I got home. They did not care. I did not have cash for 2 $1.00 tolls while in Florida. There was no attendant available when I dropped off the car to talk to them about this. A month after I returned home, I was charged $26.00 for the $2.00 worth of tolls. I called and again, I was given the runaround only to be told they are not refunding the charges. I will never use them again. Horrible, horrible, horrible!!!

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for contacting E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car. With the E-Z Toll program customer may use the express lanes an unlimited number of times during their rental, and we will handle processing and reconciliation for toll payments plus the cost of the toll(s). When the option is declined the customer is responsible to make the toll payment(s) during the time of their rental period. If failure to do so the customer will be charged the amount of the toll violation(s) plus a $25.00 admin fee per violation. Our optional services are offered to the customer to help them travel at ease. We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Original review: March 20, 2018

This was not a good company. We were picked up in a small 6 person van that took a while to arrive. The luggage was thrown in the back of the seats. The driver drove crazy. When arrived at the pickup, there were two people working and two guys in the back just sitting around. The line was almost out the door and this was at 11pm at night, I'd hate to see this in the afternoon. It literally took over an hour to reach the counter, we were checked in and given a piece of paper and told our car was two rows back and to please record any damage and give the sheet to the guy at the gate. It was pitch black and no lighting at all. Forget about being able to review the car, just trying to figure out the car in general in pitch black was a joke. The guard at the gate literally used one of the cars to block the entrance instead of gate arm, he got in the car and backed it up so we could get out and then pulled it back when we drove through.

The car was dirty and the maintenance light was on. When we returned the car, a guy took the keys and said, "You're done. You'll get an email receipt." He rushed us out of there quickly. I was so rushed I forgot my expensive ski jacket in the back seat. I called and reported it while on the shuttle to the airport. I was given a ticket number and told someone would call me back. Of course no one did so I tried for two days to get ahold of someone, finally day three I got someone who told me that the ticket was closed because nothing was located. He said he would open it again but if I didn't receive a call in 24 hours then it was never found. I replied, "Of course not, I guess my jacket is gone." And he said, "I guess so." This place is so shady and not worth trying to save an extra couple bucks.

Original review: March 18, 2018

First off this company is so shady. Got my contract emailed to me after returning the car. Charged us for Tolls that were never used. Insurance I declined, 600 miles (even) driven when we drove 60. Also they have put an address I haven't used for 8 years. Obvious forgery. Charged me $350.00 when it was supposed to be $118.00. I will be suing this place.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 13, 2018

E-Z Rent-A-Car Orlando Florida, is by far the worst rental company I have ever used. My husband and I inquired about the weekly rate which was $70, we then said to the gentleman by the name of Muhammed, that we would like to go ahead and rent the vehicle for 2 weeks. He then proceeds to ask the normal questions like, “Would you be going through tolls,” which we said yes. And then asked do we require insurance we then said that we were covered, so no. He then types on the computer asking for a credit card which my husband hands to him thinking he was going to take off a couple of dollars. He tries swiping the card for $847.00 without informing us of his intentions, so the card declines, being a ** our card had a limit to avoid fraudulent transactions.

He then asks me for my credit card, so I proceed to give it to him thinking that my husband’s card was faulty. He then swipes my card for $500 telling me that I would receive $200 back when I return the vehicle as this was a deposit. At that point I said to the gentleman, “Please cancel the transaction.” His words were I would only receive a refund in 2-3 working days. Keep in mind he had just taken off $500 and we tired from our flight from South Africa, so I said to my husband, “Let’s just take the vehicle for now and let them know if we do decide to keep it for the additional days.” Only to find that they charged my husband the additional $347.

We had no choice but to keep the vehicle for the 2 weeks. Upon the return of the vehicle we were assured we would receive our $200 refund. We are still waiting, but that’s not all. I checked my bank statement, they took off another $120, we returned back to SA on the 02 February, these transactions were taken off the 28th Feb so in total, they have charged us for the vehicle $960 for a standard vehicle for 2 weeks.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Original review: March 9, 2018

We rented a car from the Denver location 2/15/18-2/19/18. We originally booked an economy car through Orbitz but upon arrival the staff member serving us offered an upgrade to a small SUV. Upon seeing my husband's military ID the staff member stated, "Let's get you an upgraded vehicle as a thank you for your military service." We were charged an upgrade fee that was never mentioned and never on the electronic documents we were asked to sign. My husband never feels entitled to or requests perks and discounts related to his active duty but we do accept these things when offered.

It is disheartening that we were charged for an upgrade that we never asked for and were offered because he is a soldier. I have called the customer service number to discuss this three separate times. The first time I was informed that a manager from the Denver location would contact me by the end of the day. Two days later I had not been contacted and called back. On the second call I was informed that the notes in the system stated that I had spoken to a manager. Since I had not I was informed that a manager would contact me within 24 hours.

After 48 hours I had not been contacted so I called again. On the third call I was informed that they could not share information with me because the car was rented in my husband's name and not mine. My husband is now gone for his job and unable to call. I have power of attorney paperwork that I offered to provide and as told this would make no difference, although, it does.

I asked to speak with a supervisor and was placed on hold. When the customer service rep returned to the phone I was told a supervisor would have to call me back by the end of the day. I told the representative that I did not trust I would be called back and would hold. After a brief hold the customer service rep informed me that he could not keep me on hold and assured I would be contacted by the end of the day which has not happened. I am very unhappy with the level of customer service on all levels and do not believe this company, especially the Denver location, is at all concerned with the integrity of their business. I am extremely disappointed and frustrated.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Original review: March 8, 2018

I rented car at LAX airport on January 18th and returned January 22nd. I made a reservation through the internet. The price was 25 dollar a day. And I choose economy car option which is similar to Corolla. When I got a car at the station, I got Toyota LAV model without any explanation. I expected some tax for sure. But I finally got a bill which is 289 dollars. I do not understand why do I have to pay this amount money. I will not ever use this company again.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 2, 2018

Rented a car for less than $60 per day for four days and was charged over $500. Used a debit card and was required to give trip itinerary. Delivered car on time and took company shuttle as planned but was charged for dropping off late. Obviously crooked company. Wish I read reviews before I rented.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I rented a car at Miami Airport 2 days from Feb. 19, 2018. I was required $200 of deposit but the person there told me “this is just deposit and I will not be charged when you return the car”. I returned the car with no accident, with full gas, a hour before due time. When I return the car, the person there checked out everything and I was told “you are all set”. In fact, they charged me only the fee of the rent at that time. However, a week after, Feb, 26th, they charged my card $200 without any explanation. If you charged the deposit on 19th and returned it a week after, that readily understandable. But, why you charge deposit a week after.

Actually, I felt like not being able to trust the person from a beginning. For example, he recommended me more expensive car than I reserved. It took long time until I can say NO. Also, I paid for load-safe, but I said as I am a AAA member, I do not think I need it. But he said there are not such thing like AAA service in Florida. Is that true? Also, he said I should better to pay toll load beforehand ($10 a day). Otherwise, the city will fine me $250 a day. I do not think it true. But these are OK, I signed it because I wanted to save time to argue with him. But I believe that he should return the deposit. I need you to investigate this.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for your review. Reviews such as these provide valuable insight for the successful operation of our company. I will be reaching out to you to obtain more information regarding your issue. Thank you again for your feedback!

Original review: March 1, 2018

I would give a zero if I can. I rented a car at Boston airport for the weekend from 9th Feb. I returned it on time 11th, Feb, however, I received a receipt with three extra days charged. I immediately called them after that. The customer services said it would be resolved. After a week, I found out it was not fully refunded. I called again, the same thing, they said it would be resolved. As the third time I was calling, it is still not yet resolved. This time they told me that this process need to be done by e-mail. I feel like they are testing how seriously you want to resolved the issue or counting on people to forget after customer services said "it will be resolved". BE AWARE WHEN YOU RENT.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. For further assistance please contact our voice of customer team at 407-888-0519 or at vocteam@advantage.com. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I was taking a family trip to Colorado and picking up my car in Denver and made my purchase online. I was expecting a Camry full size sedan to something similar to that because of the trunk space and efficiency in gas. After 20-30 of waiting to speak with a representative, I was told that they didn't have a Camry, but a different Chevrolet model that wasn't comparable to a Camry.

The rep then tried to upsell a 4x4 claiming that I "needed it for this weather" and which would have been over $300. After explaining my displeasure, he finally gave me reduced rate, but only if I purchased insurance which was more than the actual rental. He claimed that the insurance was necessary because a blizzard was coming and I needed a 4x4 SUV and also claimed that Colorado was a no fault state and that my car insurance wouldn't cover it. Both claims were fabrications.

At this time, we are 45-60 minutes into this process and my family is outside waiting. My cost went from $146 to over double that amount plus a $200 security deposit and I had no choice because we needed a vehicle. I firmly that these tactics are unethical based on lies. When I called EZ Car customer service, they said that management would call me back to discuss the issue. I received no call back. When I called back a few days after my first call, I was told that there was nothing that could be done without any offer of resolution. I am requesting that EZ Car refund these insurance costs to resolve this issue. I will not be using them again and if no resolution is offered, I will also be going to the BBB. This cannot be tolerated.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

We rented a car online at Advantage Rent a Car. Got off our plane at DFW and went to pick up the car. Was told cars were not available, and the wait would be 20 minutes which turned out to be 30. In a hurry to get a car - late to a meeting - my husband went to the next company – E-Z Rent-A-Car. We got keys and jumped in the car and drove. When we returned the car 1 and 1/2 days later and the attendant claimed that we were at fault for a small dent on the door. We absolutely are not at fault, this was pre-existing and our bad for not insisting on a walk around prior to accepting the vehicle. We now have a bill for almost $1000 for this. Be VERY careful with this really awful outfit. Better yet. Rent your car elsewhere.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

THIS PLACE IS A TOTAL BAIT AND SWITCH OPERATION. A better name for this place would be Sleaz-E Rental Car, if I could give 0 stars I would. In planning a ski trip in the Colorado Rockies, I made a reservation for a premium SUV at $109/day. Prior to making the reservation online, I called their phone number to confirm that the vehicle I was renting would have 4WD or four wheel steering which is required by law when driving in snow conditions in the Rockies. I was told by the call center that all their premium SUVs at the Denver location had that. I then made the reservation online. Then when I arrived with my wife and two young kids, I am informed that the reservation I made did not guarantee a 4WD/4WS vehicle and the only thing they could offer me that had that would cost about 3 times as much.

So there you are, sitting there with your family, it's starting to snow hard and you're supposed to drive up to the ski resort that evening to start your ski vacation the next day. You are sitting in their building without a car, other agencies are outside their gates and down the road quite a ways, what are you going to do, walk around with your family and luggage in a snowstorm to see if another company MIGHT have a better price. Yeah, they have you by the "you know whats" and they know it. So I had to take what they offered; I figured I might be able to dispute it with my credit card company but they told me since I accepted what they offered I could not. Just for kicks, I called again when I got back and asked about the premium 4WD/4WS vehicle, they guaranteed it again. This time I have it recorded, thinking about taking them to small claims court.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I initially reserved a full size car at Denver Airport. Once I arrived to pick it up, I was told that E-Z won't rent me that type of car since I am headed to Aspen and there was expected to be a bit of snow. They claimed a full size car won't be able to handle the snow well and only allowed me to rent a 4 wheel drive car for 2.5 times the price I reserved!! I was not happy with the rate I received, especially since other car rental companies were offering better deals, but ended up taking their offer anyways since I had my friend waiting for me in downtown Denver and I wanted to leave the airport asap.

When we started driving in the snow (not even an inch of snow on the ground) the car started losing traction, we were sliding sideways and the brakes weren't functioning well, which put us in serious risk of getting in an accident. Miraculously we didn't. In addition, it was snowing again the day we returned the car, this time 3-4 inches. The car got stuck in the middle of the highway few times and we had to get TOWED TWICE!! We were again extremely lucky we did not get in a bad accident, as we were blocking one of the lanes on the highway from Vail to Denver at a low visibility day. We called E-Z to inform them that the car was stuck in the middle of the highway and that we needed help, they said they would call us right back and never did! The only good experience I've had with E-Z Rent-A-Car was with the staff at the pickup location. They were extremely helpful and friendly the day I picked up the car.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I booked a car rental ARVO SeaTac Airport in Seattle with E-Z car rental because they had the best price. My plane was delayed and baggage claim took a bit so I arrive 3 hours after my reservation time (5 day reservation) and arrived at the counter to be informed they gave my car away because they were overbooked and I was more than two hours after my time. Really? I looked at the fine print in the email and there was nothing on the time. They weren’t even apologetic. They said an email came down saying they were overbooked and to give cars away and cancel reservations. Horrible business practice. I ended up having to go through another company and paying double the price.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I rented a car in Vegas on Feb. 3rd and gave it back the night of Feb. 4th due to a malfunction of the car. I am now being charged 548.32$ instead of 241.21$ due to giving the car late and due to the malfunction. I called the 800 277 5171 MANY times (opening 2 tickets!) before giving back the car to make sure I was doing things correctly and I was told not to worry. I was also not given the "Agreement" at the time of rental and was forced to sign in hurry at the desk. I am now filing a fraud claim with my bank because the amount I am being charged is absolutely ridiculous.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I rented a car over the weekend in Denver, everything went fine, but when I received my bill, I was charged for "collision damage waiver" insurance. I WAS asked if I wanted any supplemental insurance, and I said no, but at no point was I made aware that I had purchased anything other than the rental of the car. I believe E-Z Rent-A-Car presents this product "collision damage waiver" in a misleading way to trick people into purchasing it. I am very unhappy and I want my money back!

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

As Karla of Poughkeepsie, NY stated on her review, if I could give zero stars, that would be my score! My experience was a little worse than Karla´s. Once after the extra R$ 250 dollars, we received the exactly RAV4 4WD that the lady at the front desk told us they didn´t have it at first place! So... was a very bad lie to get customers money. How to trust on a company that lies to make you pay more... Felt like being robbed!!!

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

I apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. I have credited you in the amount of $85.00 for the upgrade charge. Please allow up to 21 business days for this amount to reflect onto the card on file. Once again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

If I could give zero stars I would. Rented a car from them in Denver. I specifically asked for a four wheel drive vehicle and was lead to believe that is what I reserved. Over the phone I reserved a Toyota RAV4 with four wheel drive as I was traveling up into the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. I get to the counter located near the airport to pick up the car I had reserved months ago with them. I was told they didn't have the car in stock that I reserved and that any car they had in that class (mid-size SUV) doesn't have four wheel drive, which over the phone when I reserved it I was not told that. Meanwhile any other Mid-size SUV that was comparable wasn't available. They charged me 250.00 to upgrade to the next class of SUVs. I called right when we left and explained that this was their mistake and that they knew they didn't have the vehicle I reserved before I even got there and knew I would have to upgrade.

So basically they falsely advertise that they have the Toyota RAV4 with four wheel drive in stock even though they didn't and I was lead to believe that they did have it in stock. They falsely advertise and it isn't right and needs to be addressed. This is the second time this has happened to my family and they should reimburse us for both times. THEY ARE SNEAKY ** AND CHARGE YOU FOR EVERY LITTLE THING AND DON'T SAY A WORD. Everyone that I have dealt with regarding the issue has been very rude and disrespectful including the managers and supervisors I've spoken with. Do not recommend using them at all. Very poor customer service. They need to learn how to give customer service. HORRIBLE COMPANY.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. We do carry mid-size SUV with 4x4 and AWD. However, we cannot guarantee there will be one available at the time of pickup. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

On the 12th of December, I was at the Orlando Airport pick up desk to collect a car I booked online. The lady who attended to me insisted on me purchasing the Collision Waiver and said I couldn’t get a car without it. I later found out from my friends who had recommended and rented from EZ that I didn’t have to. I felt the lady took advantage of the lateness of the hour and my distress in getting a car to sell me a waiver when I didn’t want it. I complained about via the email sent asking if I was satisfied with the service and I didn’t get a response. I got to the car, the boot space was too small for my husband’s wheelchair. I was told to pay $55 for an upgrade and all the previous terms to which I signed for would still apply.

When I returned the car on 30th December, I was told I had to pay $68.58 because I had returned the car with an empty tank. But I had already signed and paid for the car being returned empty. I was so confused because I felt had already paid for that. I also needed to get back to my family. But they insisted I didn’t. When I got home and checked my records, I found out that I did. So, I was forced to take a collision waiver which I didn’t want to which I want a refund for, that was for the amount of $280.39. I also want the $68.68 additional fuel costs refunded, and a further $27.50 was taken from my card for which I don’t even know. And I want my $200 deposit paid back because it still hasn’t been paid back although I was promised 5 days from the car being returned. It is now been a month. I have completed a form online and awaiting an acknowledgment so I can upload proof in documents.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and it is unfortunate that our agent was not up to our company standards and did not provide you with the best service you deserved. We thank you for providing us with feedback of your rental experience with us. We have refunded you in the amount of $328.48 for the collision damage waiver. Please allow up to 21 business days for this amount to reflect onto the card on file. You booked your reservation for a compact vehicle. Since you were unsatisfied with the rental you were upgraded to a mid-size SUV for $5.00 per day plus taxes and fees. Also, you were not charged for fuel since you purchased the prepaid fuel program at the counter for $33.95. This program allowed you to return the vehicle on empty. We take our customers feedback seriously and we have addressed this incident with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements. Once again we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

We rented from the Dallas/Ft. Worth airport E-Z rental. When we arrived to pick up our rental car we were offered to receive prepaid gas at 2.19 a gallon. This way we save time when dropping off your rental. This sounded like a good idea. We actually were being a little overcharged because there was still a quarter tank of gas left but it really did save time. When we arrived home and received our email with the charges, we were charged with a fee of 8.99 per gallon for a total charge of 149.65 to fill up a car that already had a quarter tank of gas.

I have my receipt from when I picked it up and it clearly shows where I signed up for the pre pay gas. I feel that this is a bait and switch and I am concerned that a multitude of customers are not paying attention and being overcharged. I called them and they told me they put a ticket in and it can take up to 48 hours for them to get back to me. Very poor customer service and it is my money. I will never rent from E-Z Rent-A-Car or Advantage ever again. They should be ashamed. What a scam.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. On 1/31/2018 you were refunded in the amount of $169.19 for the fuel charge. Please allow up to 21 business days for this amount to reflect onto the card on file. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

In 2015 I had rented a car from E-Z rental. Time has gone by so much legal work had stricken me. I had gotten arrested because of the contract with my car from E-Z rental. The clerk not paying attention had taken a woman information and put it on my rental car. Yet ran my major credit card under her information. Now I have rented a car where I had to fine line my contract. Once you are there so long you can't wait to hear them say initial and sign. I did that without looking fine line to see what name and address that was on my contract. My name is Kim and the person name they put on the contract says Kimberly. I am Kim **. The renter and that person is Kimberly ** same last name, same date of birth month, different date but same year.

I want y'all to be cautious because it has now taken two years to get this what should have been a mistake turn into identity situation between two people at their mistakes. Loss of my job, shameful, stress out, the back and forth to courts. It all fell in my favor with the court in Miami Dade County and I want all of y'all to read even your name and info on the contract please. This has really devastated me and my family. This was cleared up January 23rd 2018 by the courts and in my favor.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Showed up to get my car and they are telling me without a return flight they will not rent us a car with a debit card. We are trying to get to the hospital to see our grandchild. They are blaming Priceline and Priceline is blaming them!!!

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. All of our debit and credit card policies can be found on our direct website Advantage.com and e-zrentacar.com. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

E-Z Rent-A-Car expert review by Lauren Fix

E-Z Rent-A-Car started in Orlando with a fleet of only nine cars in 1994. Today, they operate in 20 states, including Alaska and Hawaii, and several foreign countries. Their fleet includes everything from sub-compact cars to large SUVs as well as trucks, vans and convertibles.

• Rewards: Loyal customers can join the company’s E-Z Money rewards program. Consumers can join for free and receive instant discounts. They also earn points that can be used towards future rentals, and there are no blackout dates.

• Younger drivers: E-Z Rent-A-Car welcomes drivers under 25. They rent cars to drivers as young as 18. Those ages 18-24 must pay an additional fee.

• Blog: Consumers can visit the company’s travel blog to read about a variety of destinations as well as travel tips. The company also has free downloadable city guides.

• Discounts: E-Z Rent-A-Car offers special discounts to select groups, including seniors, teachers, police, students and members of the military. Their website and social media pages also features coupons.

• Communication: E-Z Rent-A-Car makes it simple for consumers to contact them. Their website includes an instant chat feature and a “Contact Us” form. The website also clearly lists phone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses for reservations, customer service, toll violations and claims.

• Best for: Vacationers, business travelers, temporary workers and drivers under 25.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

E-Z Rent-A-Car Company Information