Call toll free
2.81/5

Orlando, FL

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our goal is to provide the best experience possible when renting a car. In 1994, E-Z Rent-A-Car started with nine vehicles at the Orlando National Airport and has now grown to be one of the largest businesses in the rental car industry. We want every step to be easy and efficient while providing the best value for your next vacation or business trip. Call us today!

BBBB Rating
View More View More

953 E-Z Rent-A-Car Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

EZ Rental Car. San Antonio Airport. 9559 Airport Blvd. San Antonio TX US 78216. My name is Lawanda ** and I rented a vehicle from EZ rental under rental invoice #** from 08/27/18 - 09/03/18. Upon review of my credit card statement, I discovered an additional unrecognized fee in the amount of $326.49 that had been charged by EZ rental. As a result, on 09/21/18, I completed a follow-up phone consult with an EZ Rental Rep regarding the additional charges. At that time, I was informed that my credit card had been charged for cleaning fees. My inquire on 09/21/18, resulted in the receipt of an itemized invoice which included the cleaning fee of $326.49. Prior to 09/21/18, I was not issued an invoice or made aware of any cleaning fees.

The vehicle was returned fueled, cleaned and without incident. Upon return of the vehicle, the EZ REP completed a on site return inspection and at that time there was no acknowledgement of any potential cleaning incurrences. When I rented the vehicle it had just been returned and minimally cleaned and refueled. In fact, I removed the remaining contents which where left by the military personnel whom were likely the previous renters. As indicated on 09/21/18, I am not in agreement with the deceptive and excessive fee charged for the alleged cleaning. The cleaning fee is unwarranted and if there were concerns it should have been disclosed prior to the close of the rental transaction.The cost of cleaning fee exceeds the cost of the rental.

It is unconscionable for EZ Rental to assess the alleged cleaning fee without due diligence. I disagree with the additional and unexpected fee of $326.49 being charged to my credit card without my acknowledgement. I am requesting the reversal of the charges assessed to my Capital One Credit card in the amount of $326.49. Capital One has already been informed of the concern and I am hopeful of reaching an amicable resolution with this matter. Thanks in advance.

Get expert buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

It took over an hour to get to get to the service desk. When you're already at 10pm to the airport, the last thing you want to do is have to wait in an extremely long line in order to get your rental car. E-Z Rent-a-Car should really look into staffing more appropriately. The car itself was a basic model and in good condition. I didn't have any mechanical problems or issues returning the car.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

The car I rented had a very bad vibration on the highway. I notified the service dept and they were very quick to get me a replacement car. (1st car I've ever rented that didn't come with a key FOB to remotely unlock the doors.) I am a little disappointed that E-Z rental does not have a better system for charging customers for toll road use. Many other rental companies have adopted new policies that allow payment of tolls as used. E-Z rental charges a flat fee for each day the car is used. That means I paid $40 for approx $6 worth of tolls. COME ON E-Z RENT-A-CAR... GET WITH THE PROGRAM AND STOP THIS TOLLWAY SCAM.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

E-Z Rental was quick, easy, & convenient to use at the Seattle airport. I was delighted with the price. The car was a great size and very clean. I will be recommending them and using them again. I like them much better than Hertz. Keep up the great customer service.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for your review Susan. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Service was very good and what I really appreciate was the honesty. Everything was just like I was told and no hidden charges like the other company I used on my last trip to Denver. I will continue to use your company. Thank you.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Rent-A-Car?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

The people who served us were excellent. The price was good. But, I doubt we'd use E-Z Rent-A-Car again because we had to wait in line for 90 minutes to get our car. The line wove around the room and out the door a long ways.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. We are currently looking for ways to improve our customers wait time. We are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Great service, Great price and convenient pickup. Thanks E-Z. Customer service outstanding. Wide selection of vehicles to choose from. Easy return policy. Great gas fill up policy allows fast drop off and more. E-Z car rental is a home run in my opinion. Shop and compare for yourself. It's just that easy. Thanks again E-Z.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for your review Chester.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I rented twice within 2 weeks. Once was at LAX and the other was at SEA. Both of these experiences could have been so much better. Wait time - 1 hr at LAX and 20 minutes at SEA. Rental process - Slow in both places (it is obvious that your company uses an antiquated rental system, since most information entered online, yet it still takes 15-20 minutes per customer to complete a rental transaction). Extra Driver - Free at LAX and EXPENSIVE (over $10/day) at SEA. Vehicles - Vehicle was too large at LAX and ideal size vehicle at SEA. Gas Use - Used lots more gas at LAX and the expected amount at SEA. Online Account - Unable to modify my email address in your antiquated system (I had to create a new account in order to change my email address).

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Upon arrival to location I found a 2 hour wait in line with no Kiosk to better serve customers. After 2 hours on line patiently I got a car. The car had NO keys so back in I went. They offered a free upgrade which I took to only get into new car yet that new car was dented and scratched up. I didn’t complain because now I’m 2 1/2 hours behind in my schedule appointments. Customer service was excellent with all the customers complaining in line and did best they could. But honestly this location needs to be brought to the 21st century and cars need to be better condition. Return was the only EZ part of EZ go.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for your review. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. I will be reaching out to you to obtain more information regarding your issue. Thank you again for your feedback!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Waited over 2 hours to pick up the vehicle at Denver airport. Very long line and only two people on duty. The E-Z Rental facility was extremely dirty and the chairs in the waiting area were broken. The vehicle was dirty and there were several numbers/letters on the windows of the car that could not be cleaned off. It was late at night when I picked up the vehicle and I did not notice that the car had temporary plates on it that was going to expire in two days. This was a nine day rental, so I had to return to E-Z Rental and exchanged vehicles. This was the worst rental company that I have ever used. Would never recommend this company.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

E-Z Rent-A-Car rescued us when the other company we had reservations with made a change to our reservation that made is unable to use them. E-Z was able to match the price and get us a fantastic rental in 10 minutes. The customer service was wonderful from the counter to the return. The car was incredible, clean, great mileage (saving us gas money), nice looking, and easy to drive. I have driven SUVs for 10 years and this car made me rethink my preference. We were extremely thankful for everything!

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for your review Kathy!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I was disappointed to get the Kia Soul. I regret not taking photos but luggage for 4 will not fit in a Kia Soul. There is very little trunk space. I was previously told that 4 would fit but that's not true. I will not use E-Z again.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. All customers have the rights to decline the vehicle during the time of pickup if they are not satisfied. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I would like to recommend E-Z Rent-A-Car. We had rented a car from another company and found we could not take it to our intended destination. We canceled that car and went to the E-Z Rent-A-Car desk and they stepped right up and got us a car that exactly fit our needs AND we could drive it to the places we wanted to go.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Auto rental in San Diego CA - We waited in line a long time (over 40 minutes) since a number of people were renting vehicles, but only two agents for our company were available. Once we got to the agent we were served by a very friendly agent.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

The representative at the San Antonio Airport rental center location did not honor my Priceline quote, and charged me a regular price. I had to have Priceline intervene to correct the issue and obtain the price adjustment. Either more training is needed or he was directed towards deceptive practices.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for contacting E-Z Rent A Car. After reviewing your Rental Agreement we found that you signed accepting the optional services of the Collision Damage Waiver for $29.99 a day plus taxes and fees, and the Roadside Service Program for $7.49 per day plus taxes and fees. When you signed your Agreement you acknowledged that you had the opportunity to read through the Agreement before signing to verify all charges were correct. Because you singed agreeing to all charges, a refund is not applicable. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

This is the third time using E-Z and it just gets easier! I even converted my husband to E-Z from Hertz for business travel. Economical, no pressure sales of insurance. I was able to add husband for two days as primary driver for under $20 on recent business/vacation trip to Las Vegas and Grand Canyon. Nice vehicle with not too many miles.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for taking the time to share your rental experience with us. For E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car customer satisfaction is our main priority and we are very pleased to know that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I had to pay for the oil change within a week since I got the rental car. I rented for a month. I asked for the reimbursement after I dropped it off but have not heard from the local office for last 2 weeks. I was ok with the car but I think the local office should pay for the oil change.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. For further assistance please contact our voice of customer team at 407-888-0519 or at vocteam@advantage.com. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I waited in line for over 2 hours, along with many other disgusted people, to get my rental car. Once I was served, I was asked if I needed the E-Z Toll box and was told any toll road required the electronic toll box. Never having been in Colorado I didn’t know if I would be on a toll road. I told the agent where I was going and he said I wouldn’t need one. After going to my car, my wife and I decided we didn’t know where we were going and, if we did drive on a toll road we probably should have the box. I went back to ask the agent again if I should have one and was told, I probably should, but if I didn’t use it they would take it off the bill when I returned the car.

When I returned the car, the yard person was checking cars in. I waited for him to check me in, but was told they would email me my receipt. I called Customer Service and asked to have the cost of the E-Z Toll removed from my bill, because I never needed it and was told by an E-Z Agent it would be removed from my bill. I was told that it would be investigated. Almost a week later I received a bill from E-Z that not only still had the E-Z charge on it, but was for 2 weeks instead of the 11 days I rented the car, and included a re-fill charge for fuel. I returned the Car with a full tank.

I called Customer Service again and was told I never returned the car and I had to send proof it was returned and full of gas. I immediately sent them what they needed and a few days later received a new bill. Most of the taxes and fees were still higher than they should be. I sent another email to Customer Service with what I felt to be correct taxes and fees. I also told that the charge for E-Z Toll was still on the bill and was almost $40 higher than the rental agreement. I received an email yesterday in saying they agreed with my tax and fee calculations, but didn’t remove the E-Z charge. Yesterday I received a certified letter accusing me of not turning the car in. Unbelievable! I have rented a lot of cars over my lifetime and have never rented a car from a company as screwed up as E-Z Rent-a-Car. Sorry for rambling on. It takes a lot to piss me off, but they did.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I enjoyed the vehicle provided, a Hyundai Elantra. It had the backup camera feature which was nice for parallel parking. I would have liked GPS, since I had to use my phone GPS and it wouldn't work sometimes. The staff was professional. The Airport return facility and shuttle buses were just great.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

My reservation was placed online thru another source for rental. I was overtime on my return of the vehicle. The charges were initially much more than I was told, however, the agent and manager at the service desk were both very professional and understanding and helpful in adjusting the additional costs more reasonable. Thank you! The check in process was very streamlined and efficient, too!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

When departing the EZ location at Denver Airport, I was asked by the "Security person" if my gas tank was full. I looked at the gauge and told her that the tank was 3/4 full and asked if she wanted to look at the gauge on the vehicle. She said no. Later I looked at the paperwork I had signed to escape the rental location and get on with my vacation. The attendant had written "1/1" as the fuel contents. I felt cheated. It was not a lot of money to return the car full of fuel, and It was my fault I signed the paper, but I felt victimized. I did enjoy the Hyundai Santa Fe that I was upgraded to as the only Hyundai available, as the other models in the car class were Toyotas or Nissans. No thanks. So I guess the next time I need to rent a car I'll just have to think about whether I want to take a chance on your Company again.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for contacting E-Z Rent A Car. After reviewing your Rental Agreement we found that you were not charged for fuel. You signed accepting an upgrade from the standard vehicle you reserved to a mid-size SUV for $10.98 per day plus taxes and fees. When you signed your Agreement you acknowledged that you had the opportunity to read through the Agreement before signing to verify all charges were correct. Because you singed agreeing to all charges, a refund is not applicable. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Car rental in Phoenix - The only thing I can complain about would be the dirty windows. The rest of the car was clean and was comfortable. Vehicle seemed to be well maintained. The service at EZ was much better than I got where I had a reservation as they didn't have a car when I got there.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

We thank you for taking the time to inform us on your recent rental experience. It is never our intentions to provide a vehicle in the manner that our vehicle was given and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent. We have addressed the issue with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements to prevent such an event from happening again. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I was at the Denver location. The representative didn't explain the gas charges and all he said was "dont stop to get gas on your way back, you will get it here at a discount rate". I follow his instructions and got back with 1/3 of gas full. I was expected to get a bill for gas for about $30-$40 USD... When I got the bill in my email. I got a charge $80USD for gas! How in the world. I didnt rent a boat, it was an SUV. Then I called customer service to talk about the charges, and I got a really rude representative on the phone, I asked for a supervisor, and this one was worst than the associate. It was a terrible service and bad experience.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for contacting Advantage Rent A Car. After further investigation we found that you signed accepting the optional service for our Prepaid Fuel program for $80.57. This program allows you to pick up the vehicle with a full tank and return the vehicle with empty. When any Prepaid Fuel option is purchased, there is no refund for any unused fuel remaining in the tank upon return. When you signed your Agreement you acknowledge that you had the opportunity to read through the Agreement before signing to verify all charges were correct. Because you singed agreeing to all charges, a refund is not applicable. Thank you and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

We rented the manager's special, upon arrival we ended up with a van that was dirty both inside and out. Customer service was great but the appearance on the vehicle was unacceptable. Have rented with this company a few times. Never had this problem before.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

According to the website I supposed to pay $30. They ended up charging me $138. They said I would save money using their E-ZPass, they lied. I told them I don't need additional insurance, the person charged me for it. I only noticed afterward and they refused to refund me even though it was their error. NEVER USE THEM!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

During my recent visit to South Florida from Atlanta to visit my sister and my mother who were both hospitalized, I was able to have the professional service of E-Z on my side, in terms of professional service and reliability. I was able to get a car from Fort Lauderdale and get to my sister and mother on the double. Thanks to the substantive service and value of E-Z Rent-a-Car!

Insufficient response received
Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

The car was fine, I was asked at the desk what city I was staying in. I said Aurora and was told I wouldn't have to worry about tolls. I was charged $25 a day for the days I was on the toll roads. Literally 5 mins after being told I wouldn't be on a toll road, the first freeway from the rental place was considered a toll road. I was told by the toll administration that I should have been offered something to avoid the $25 but never was or I declined it, which was not the case. The lies and lack of information from the rental car rep is unacceptable. I hope from now on all information will be properly explained.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for contacting E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car. With the E-Z Toll program customer may use the express lanes an unlimited number of times during their rental, and we will handle processing and reconciliation for toll payments plus the cost of the toll(s). When the option is declined the customer is responsible to make the toll payment(s) during the time of their rental period. If failure to do so the customer will be charged the amount of the toll violation(s) plus a $25.00 admin fee per violation. Our optional services are offered to the customer to help them travel at ease. We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Check out and turn in were pretty chaotic, one attendant servicing a long line without much guidance once done and no attendant during turn in, was a bit confusing on process. Other than that, car was a good price, was not very clean, had been through a wash but lots of bugs, etc in grill/windshield and interior was ok. Would rent again due to price but suggest better signs/info on check out and turn in.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

The service was excellent. The agent was very friendly and professional, explaining the whole process and helping me with directions. The waiting time was short and the paperwork did not last more than 10 minutes. I am very happy and I will recommend E-Z to all my friends.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I rented a vehicle at Phoenix airport. It was midnight by the time I arrived and thankfully there was no line. I was told by the employee it's a better deal to pay $2.85/gallon for the gas I used and to let Advantage refill the tank than to pay $3.50/gallon before returning the car to Advantage. I agreed. However, I was charged $52 even though I used less than 2 gallons of gas! I was never going to use much gas, and would have never agreed to these charges had the employee not been misleading.

Upon reaching out to Advantage customer service (20 minutes on hold before I just sent an email) I was told they would not be assisting me and instead they will be keeping the windfall for themselves. I am a frequent traveler and have learned my lesson. I will let everyone know to avoid this company and am taking steps to ensure my company removes them from our travel app. Very disappointing.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for your review. Reviews such as these provide valuable insight for the successful operation of our company. I will be reaching out to you to obtain more information regarding your issue. Thank you again for your feedback!

E-Z Rent-A-Car expert review by Lauren Fix

E-Z Rent-A-Car started in Orlando with a fleet of only nine cars in 1994. Today, they operate in 20 states, including Alaska and Hawaii, and several foreign countries. Their fleet includes everything from sub-compact cars to large SUVs as well as trucks, vans and convertibles.

• Rewards: Loyal customers can join the company’s E-Z Money rewards program. Consumers can join for free and receive instant discounts. They also earn points that can be used towards future rentals, and there are no blackout dates.

• Younger drivers: E-Z Rent-A-Car welcomes drivers under 25. They rent cars to drivers as young as 18. Those ages 18-24 must pay an additional fee.

• Blog: Consumers can visit the company’s travel blog to read about a variety of destinations as well as travel tips. The company also has free downloadable city guides.

• Discounts: E-Z Rent-A-Car offers special discounts to select groups, including seniors, teachers, police, students and members of the military. Their website and social media pages also features coupons.

• Communication: E-Z Rent-A-Car makes it simple for consumers to contact them. Their website includes an instant chat feature and a “Contact Us” form. The website also clearly lists phone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses for reservations, customer service, toll violations and claims.

• Best for: Vacationers, business travelers, temporary workers and drivers under 25.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

E-Z Rent-A-Car Company Information