Orlando, FL

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Thank you for providing your feedback in regards to your rental experience with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and your feedback is very valuable to us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed out service and we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. Once again we appreciate your feedback and we look forward to serving out again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I was thrilled with the service, and the speed at which my pick-up was completed!! I received an upgrade and was pleased with the car. When renting a car I will check first to see if one is available through E-Z rentals!!

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. For E-Z Rent-A-Car customer satisfaction is our main priority and we are very pleased to know that you enjoyed our services. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: March 29, 2016

We went on vacation so we rented a car and E-Z Rent-A-Car was the cheapest on that day. We reserved online and it was quick and simple. The day of pickup was smooth. The person we talked to there was knowledgeable of everything and helped us upgrade into the vehicle that we wanted. It was also quick and easy returning the car. We just dropped it off then we got on the plane.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. For E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. As per the notes in our system, The location did not recover any clothing items. Not in vehicle and not in lost and found. As stipulated on your signed Rental Agreement under Terms and Conditions "You release us, our agents and employees from all claims for loss of or damage to your personal property or that of another person that we received, handled or stored, or that was left or carried in or on the Vehicle or in any service vehicle or in our offices, whether or not the loss or damage was caused by our negligence or was otherwise our responsibility." We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I accidentally left 3 winter coats in the trunk of the car I returned to the Phoenix airport location yesterday. I called less than 30 minutes later from the airplane and got complaint ticket #**. Before takeoff, I did get a call back from the site manager. However, an hour or so later, he left me a message with his callback number explaining that my items had not been located or turned in. I have not been able to speak with anyone, the manager or anyone at the Lost and Found since, though I called back many times on the last 24 hours and have left messages and my number. Is it company policy to steal or throw away left behind items?

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. We are currently looking for ways to improve our customers wait time. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

Hands down worst car rental experience I have ever had. They advertise that they are right in the Denver Airport, then shuttle you elsewhere. They also send you outside to wait for your shuttle then don't alert the shuttle so you wait 30 min before calling upset then they send the shuttle. Then you wait in a 1 hour plus line to get the car. Awful experience. I left out a bunch of other negative small details FYI. By the way this is for 2 people who reserved a car in advance.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

E-Z Rent-A-Car's price was half that of Enterprise, which is what I usually use, so I gave them a try when we had on our family vacation. I booked online and when we got to the rental place, I was surprised that there were lines everywhere except at E-Z Rent. You could see the people were waiting for a really long time while in our case, there was one person ahead of us. It took him five minutes and then it was us. It was great and the car was awesome. They upgraded us for free, gave us a brand new car and I loved it. It also went smoothly and easily with their rep.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Rent-A-Car?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The price offered by E-Z Rent-A-Car was more reasonable and I made a reservation with them online when I went on a holiday vacation. Their staff were very pleasant, they explained everything to me and they were really efficient. The shuttle was real quick too. I would rent from them again.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. We run by a 24 hour cycle. Since you picked up the rental on 1/19/17 at 10:38 am, you were to return the vehicle on 1/22/17 at 10:38 am in order to avoid being charged for a 4 day. Since you returned at 2:57 pm on 1/22/17 your extra daily rate was $24.74. Also when you booked your reservation you chose your pick up and drop off time as 10:00 am. Once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

My credit card was cloned and I was overcharged. I reserved thru Orbitz. Did not want to pay over the internet to protect my credit card. As soon as I left EZ Rent A Car, my bank contacted me due to 2 suspicious charges. I had not used the card before or after the rental car location. Not only my card was fraudulently charged, EZ Car Rental overcharged me without proper notification of an alleged hourly rate. They charged me 3 hours, for what I paid 2 days. They told me to return the car anytime before 11 pm. I did at 3 pm. WILL NEVER USE THIS PLACE AGAIN. Of course, I will dispute the charge.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

The card I received was a real wreck. I picked it up late in the day after traveling for over 8 hours. The next day after some rest I viewed the car. It had rust around the trunk, and no less than 50 dings all around the car. The whining from the rear of the car was deafening. The tires were worn, and needed to be replaced. This was a true RENT A WRECK, and I paid $537.62 for 8 days. The biggest ripoff I ever experienced. I was the fool! Find somewhere else to rent a car on Maui!

E-Z Rent-A-Car

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

We found E-Z Rent-A-Car in Orlando airport and I liked their terms and policy. There's no upsell and trying to push insurance on me. It's just the way I like to do business. We've been very happy with the fees and their reps have all been fine. The cars are fine, too. One had a puncture in it, but it was no big deal. Nothing happened to anybody. I'm very happy with E-Z and we prefer it all the time. Unless we have something that puts us off we will keep renting with them.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. International renters must have full coverage on the rental. Credit cards only cover the Collision Damage Waiver. In order to have full coverage you must purchase our Supplemental Liability Insurance as well. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

I booked the car online and it was a reasonable price. And we arrived after a really long flight: the woman added 2 insurances policies. I told her I had an insurance with my credit card. She said that the first one was compulsory and the second one was a mistake from the computer and that at the end of the rental we wouldn't have to pay for it (what a lie we had to pay for it...). She said that we also had to add the electronic device for the motorway even if told her that we didn't need it. She answered: "I can see it's your first time in LA." At the end we paid 3 times the price that we were supposed to pay! And the customer service said it was our fault! We said no to every things she proposed and it's our fault! And because we are foreigners there is nothing we can do about it.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. As stipulated on your signed rental agreement, all customers are responsible for the vehicles key. If the key is missing or is a new key was made with out the remote, there will be a charge up to $350.00. All of our vehicles come with a remote key. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I rented a car with a prepay option. I paid $186.89 on 10/14/16. My contract number was **. The problem is although we hope to never have a fault as a customer, it does happen. The true measure of a company is how to help the customer through the issues. I lost a key at the beach. It is important to note when I took possession of the car, I received a key and a ring. No remote... Now the key was lost in the sand at Ft. Lauderdale beach. I called E-Z Rent-A-Car and was on hold for two hours. I ended up calling from second phone while being plugged in at a bar and the next person told me I should call a local locksmith. He stated that is what they would do and note my account. I called a locksmith, who made a key on the spot and I saved the receipt. When I returned the car, the manager Alfredo said "This is not a key from the dealer, charge him $150" and walked away.

I asked the person at the counter for a manager, and she stated that was him. I asked her if he could come back and explain his position. I followed directions, she stated he said he was busy. They charged my card an additional $150 in addition to the $160 I paid for the key in Ft. Lauderdale. I had to catch my flight so we went to the terminal and called customer service and spoke to Ariel. She informed me that someone would contact me about this poor service immediately. No one contacted me. I called again and they stated someone from the Miami management team would be calling me.

I then got an email from Frank ** on December 23, 2016 stating he would like to discuss the issue. I called Frank 3 times over the next five days and left messages that I was trying to reach him. I sent an email to Frank replying to his email on December 28, 2016 and till this day no response. I called customer service again on January 19, 2017 and they informed me, it was my fault and I was charged appropriately. I had to explain to her I did not receive a remote to open doors. She again stated someone would call back within an hour. No one did.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

My sister told me about E-Z Rent-A-Car. And, I went with them because of their pricing. I had a problem, but it wasn't E-Z's fault. I got stuck in a blizzard and my flight was canceled. So, I had to change my reservations but I was caught in all these lines at the airport to try and get another flight. By the time I got it all straightened and I called E-Z Rent-A-Car, it was too late. I missed my reservation and I didn't get the same price and that was upsetting. I didn't think that was fair, but it wasn't the representative's fault. I missed two days of the vacation, which was horrible enough, and I got stuck in zero degrees when I was planning on laying on the beach. With that, I got a little unfriendly with the representative and it really wasn't his fault. So, I apologize but I took care of it over the phone not when I was at the rental car place.

In addition, I've rented a car from them several times already, and it's in like a garage at the airport and it's very dark and it's hard to see. I go over the car but it is hard to see there especially inside the car. Also, trying to get out of the garage was an ordeal. There was one teeny little lane and that was also the lane where people were dropping off their cars which made no sense to me. I couldn't get out of the easy section of the garage. It took about 25 minutes because people were dropping off their cars in the same spot that there was just one lane to get out. I've never seen that before. That was in the Fort Lauderdale airport car rental building.

There were more problems in the garage. They told me my car was in spot 13 and there was nothing there. I got in the wrong car and the key didn't work. It was down the lane and it was a different car after I got all excited about the first one. E-Z Rent-A-Car is still great. They have the best price and they're in the airport I go to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a great experience with E-Z Rent-A-Car. The person who was at the counter was just fabulous. I was really happy. She was helpful, courteous, and gave all the required information. She was perfectly the kind of person who needs to be at the front desk. She did a really good job. However, the person who received the keys when I came back to return the car after 10 days was a bit rude to me. Due to the traffic I dropped the car about an hour and a half after suitable time. I asked for some consideration on the rate but he was really rude.

He could have been polite and given me answer, but he wasn't the most pleasant person to talk to. They charged me a whole day but I told them that I'm not paying $60. They shouldn't charge for the whole day but instead charge the person prorated. I had to go up and speak to the manager then I went back to the lady at the front desk and she resolved the issue for me. It took about 45 minutes to get everything resolved. If I would've been charged the whole day, I would probably not use them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've only been to Vegas one other time, and we didn’t have a car so we had a rental car scheduled. When we got to the airport, we were looking for that particular rental place, and we were told that it wasn’t in the airport. Since we were tired from the trip, we just went ahead with E-Z Rent-A-Car which is at the airport. They met us, talked to us and placing a reservation with them has been good. When we were returning the car, we just dropped it off, their rep checked it out and we were told that we're free to go.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Have used this company twice and both times were good. I would commend this company. The first time I made reservations with E-Z I admit I was a little apprehensive. Especially it being away from the airport. Transportation, pick up and return to airport was very easy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We recently made a reservation online with E-Z Rent-A-Car and we had nice interactions with the reps who were easy to work with. Overall, it was very good.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and it is unfortunate that our agent was not up to our company standards and did not provide you with the best service you deserved. We thank you for providing us with feedback of your rental experience with us. We take our customers feedback seriously and we have addressed this incident with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements. All of our local renter policies can be found on our direct website Advantage.com and e-zrentacar.com. Once again we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I made a reservation through carrental8.com and they sent me a voucher to pick up my rental car at E-Z Rent-A-Car. This was my first time renting from them. I've never experienced any trouble renting a car before. However, today was different. I get to the counter and show my ID. I was told that since I live in Las Vegas locally that there would be restrictions placed on my mileage as well as a $350 deposit held on my card. They also told me I could not purchase additional insurance through them, that instead I had to show them a letter from my insurance company stating that I have full coverage insurance and it is transferable to this rental.

Normally, I show proof of insurance by showing my card. The agent was extremely rude and when I offered to go get my insurance card so they could call my insurer, he said, very condescending, "No. You're not listening. You need a letter that explains your exact level of coverage and says that the coverage is transferable!" Then they asked me if I had a car parked outside already, then why would I want to be renting a car from them? I was sort of surprised by this question but explained that my husband was going out of town and we only have one car.

However, I needed to use a car for the weekend since I had lots of running around to do. I don't really understand how it was any of their business as to exactly why I was renting. In hindsight I wish I'd said, "Well, I was planning to rob some banks and needed a getaway car!" I mean... I have never been treated so poorly by a car rental company before. I was really appalled. So after I explained why I needed the car the agent explained to me that he just wanted me to know that I'm limited to 150 miles per day.

At this point I was really tired of this guy and I have no idea how many miles I'd be driving. I know I would be going all over town looking at some houses and land for sale. I was renting a car because I have lots of places to go and a lot of driving to do! My frustration is that there are no mileage restrictions for anyone from out of town and additional insurance options are available for out of town renters too.

Why are locals given such poor treatment at E-Z Rent-a-Car? We are paying the same rates as non locals so why are we not offered the same service? I told the agent that my gut feeling about this place was very uneasy based on an extremely poor first impression and that I needed to cancel my reservation. He told me I'd need to take that up with the company I booked the rental from. I was just floored at this guy's attitude. Obviously E-Z Rent-A-Car is out for the tourist's buck and could care less about those who actually live in this city. So warning to all Las Vegas locals - do not rent from E-Z Rent-a-Car.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've used E-Z Rent-A-Car several times in Seattle. Their price is right and they've got some fabulous people there. I do my reservations over the phone and their website is fairly easy to navigate compared to some. I would recommend E-Z Rent-A-Car to everybody.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Thank you for your review. Reviews such as these provide valuable insight for the successful operation of our company. I will be reaching out to you to obtain more information regarding your issue. Thank you again for your feedback!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I sent you multiple emails saying I needed only one reservation. When I tried to make reservation a message came up on screen that it was unavailable and try later. I tried again and same message came up. I discovered two reservations were made and charged. I emailed you immediately. You have no phone number and support did not respond. I reported to my credit card company. I will not use your services again.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Thank you for choosing Advantage Rent A Car. In order to reimburse you for the optional services you purchased, we would need your documents stating you purchased insurance through Expedia. Once we have received this information we will be able to further assist you with your case. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Do not hire from this company. We had a terrible experience hiring a car for the duration of our stay from the LAX branch. Firstly our car smelt of smoke, but that was not our main issue. We arrived at LAX after a 14 hour flight, tired and ready to get to our hotel. The staff member who served us took us seemed to be in a hurry and asked us if we wanted to take out insurance on the car. We clearly stated NO as we had already organised car insurance coverage. The staff member then told us we were done and we had to sign where he had marked. We walked out and continued on our way. To our shock and horror we checked our credit card statement later in the trip and had been charged the additional insurance on the car despite advising we DID NOT WANT THIS. We immediately contacted the company and explained we already had insurance organised and this charge was an error.

We had many international phone conversations (at our cost!) and emails with them, and they informed us they will not refund our money. I believe this is a scam they employ and figure not everyone will notice right away. This is a form of fraud. I have since read many other reviews on this company and note this is a common complaint. Be aware of dealing with this company. We will certainly never deal with them again and will continue to review them on other websites as they are unethical and lack common decency and the right customer service skills.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

E-Z Rent-A-Car is reasonably priced and in fact cheaper than other car rentals. Their customer service reps are also awesome. I've done my arrangements online and their website is nice and easy to use. I have no complaints.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

This was the quickest and easiest car rental experience I've had. A month or so later I HAD to rent from Enterprise and it was miserable. The counter personnel were friendly and efficient, and the car was immaculate. Keep up the good work, E-Z!

E-Z Rent-A-Car

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. We are also currently working on our customers wait time. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

This was my first experience with a rental car company that wasn't a large, well-known chain. The lines were a bit long but the service was very pleasant and the car was fine. I will definitely use them again.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Thank you for your review. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. I will be reaching out to you to obtain more information regarding your issue. Thank you again for your feedback!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

When at the desk filling out the form the agent that was waiting on me to me that if I want to decline the extra coverages there are 8 questions on the left side just put your initials beside each question. Well I should of read each question because one of them was to purchase collision damage waiver for a 192.00 that I didn't want. So when I got back home and the credit card bill came there was 192.00 charge on there. I called E-Z rental and they did nothing about it. That woman should be fired for lying to me. Make sure you read everything on the contract. Also the car was a piece of junk.

We have never rented a car in a large airport so we were a little concerned at how long it would take and how complicated it might be. Instead, it was probably one of the easiest parts of our entire trip! The shuttle to the rental car terminal was fast & efficient. Our check in at the kiosk was quick and seamless. We were offered an upgrade which we took and the car was amazing. Returning the car was also very easy - didn't have to do anything but pull in and confirm what credit card we wanted to use. A great experience - I would definitely recommend E-Z Rental to my friends & Family.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

Probably easiest and most efficient car rental for both pickup and return ever experienced. No concerns with the rental process, delivery of vehicle, quality of vehicle, and smooth, quick and efficient return and check in. Thanks for easy, no hassle experience.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I loved renting from this company. Was 1st time and we will be using them again. Service was great, fast too. I did have a hard time reaching someone by phone at store or 1800 prior to rental but when I did he was friendly and polite reassuring me about the rental. Comfort - I seen car was small and was like "oh nooo" but when inside was very roomy and gas was easy on the wallet so I was super happy! Thank you for making the return easy as well!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

Minivan - I have used E-Z multiple times while visiting my son in college. I find their prices to be the best and their location to be very convenient. The customer service staff has always been courteous and helpful. I would recommend E-Z to my friends and family.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I liked E-Z Rent-A-Car's price so I went with them and made a reservation online. Everything was fine. The only complaint I have was when I went to pick up the car at the airport, the gentleman at the counter was non-stop trying to sell me extra add-ons. He literally took so long trying to upsell me and I was very, very frustrated. I rented a Prius and it was fine but the rep was insistent that I needed to upgrade that car. And he went on and on about how he can give me an upgrade and that he'd give it to me for a $100. Then he said he'd give it to me for $60. Then if I had AAA, he'd mark it down to $30. It was annoying and I told him that I just want the car I rented. He said his computer was working slow and we've been waiting all that time for the computer to load.

He also kept insisting I get tolled. I make this trip two or three times a year and there's no toll on the whole trip that I take. I was only renting the car to go to towns to get me back and forth from the airport so I really didn't care what type of car I rented. I was just looking for something affordable to get me and my family to the house where we are staying at my mother-in-law. It was Christmas week and I didn't need all the nonsense trying to get all the extra navigation systems, extra insurance etc.

Everything else was perfect - the car, the drop-off, the check in and the check out. I'm actually traveling end of this month and I had to rent another vehicle in Arizona. I'm a frequent traveler, a frequent flyer and I rent a lot of vehicles. I usually don't want a lot of nonsense with the check in and check out. I just want to get the car and get going. But I ended up going with Fox Rent A Car instead because they had the loyalty program. Otherwise, I would have picked E-Z. Their place was comfortable.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

Airport: Seattle (SEA) with a consolidated rental car facility with reservations on 1 floor and auto pickup on floors below. COLD day, wind blowing, rainy (hey, Seattle!), and Res desk is EMPTY except for small sign saying "go to pickup desk downstairs". OK, go there, pickup floor is OPEN to outside temp & COLD, get in line. Nice, but cold/weary, staff trying hard, but res system slow & troublesome. Takes 20 minutes to get car, off to BAD start. Next time, if same sign, will go elsewhere. FAST!

E-Z Rent-A-Car Company Profile