Call toll free
2.78/5
Based on 204 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Orlando, FL

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our goal is to provide the best experience possible when renting a car. In 1994, E-Z Rent-A-Car started with nine vehicles at the Orlando National Airport and has now grown to be one of the largest businesses in the rental car industry. We want every step to be easy and efficient while providing the best value for your next vacation or business trip. Call us today!

BBBB Rating
View More View More

881 E-Z Rent-A-Car Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

My daughter went to pick up a car that I reserved for her at the Atlanta Airport. It had on the reservation that the car had unlimited miles. When she got to the counter they told her that it was not unlimited miles and she had to pay $20.00 a day to get it unlimited. She went ahead and agreed to that because her grandmother is passing away and she had to get home as soon as she can. I tried calling but the customer service is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE at all. I so do not want anyone else to deal with such a bad company so please be aware that this company is a rip off and next time we will so rent from one of the other ones that are available. I hope they go under.

Get expert buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I went to the company at the Atlanta airport. This is one of the worst companies I have ever encountered. Not only did they overcharge me on taxes and fees that they had previously quoted me. They gave me a car with bald tires that blew up and didn’t provide a spare. I had to use my AAA to tow it over 130 miles back to the rental company, and was charged for not filling it up with gas!!! I tried contacting customer service 10 times to come to some resolution, but they wouldn’t talk to me or amend the situation. They are shady and unconcerned with their customers. They give completely unsafe cars to their guests. I would I rather take the bus for an entire trip than deal with them again. I feel completely violated and unnerved that they are in business.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for your review. Reviews such as these provide valuable insight for the successful operation of our company. I will be reaching out to you to obtain more information regarding your issue. Thank you again for your feedback!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

After waiting almost 2 hours in line to rent this car (with a reservation), I received the car and was eager to leave the lot. 1.5 hours down the road, I discovered that they hadn't given me a key fob for the push-button-start car. Had to call and spend another hour on the phone trying to figure out if it had been put in the car. After tearing the car apart, I found it under the driver's seat. I assume the attendant put it on the center console, and it fell off when he drove it over to the building.

Upon returning the car, I filled the gas tank, and returned the car to the lot (1/8 of a mile away from the gas station). I checked my credit card statement 2 days later and found that they had charged me $142 for filling the gas tank! Called and was on hold for about 30 min, spoke with KC who assured me she'd call me back within 24 hours, but no call. I'm now in the process of disputing the charge with my credit card company. What a headache. DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU LOVE A HASSLE.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for your review. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. I will be reaching out to you to obtain more information regarding your issue. Thank you again for your feedback!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

My rental was Aug.12, in Bar Aguadilla location. I was propelled to write this review, because in my years renting vehicles, never have I been more disappointed in a vehicle rental place. Initially I had placed the reservation through Expedia, where I had purchase their least expensive insurance. When I reach this E-Z car location they immediately they claim I needed to present proof of prepaid insurance. I had to leave the premises, drive 6 miles, in order to get wi-fi on my phone, to have Expedia send them an e-mail. (Where’s the customer consideration?) As I return to culminate my rental, I get attended by another employee, this time a female, which just wanted to destroy whatever hope I had left for this company to make it right.

Apparently, their employees don’t want you to speak out for your rights, so that way they can reach deeper into pockets, with hidden fees. I have names of both employees, that seemed destined to drive this company out of business. (10 dollars toll act. fee + 9.00 daily.) even if you go through it once in entire vacation. (Really). One time authorization fee of 250 dollars ++ rental fee of vehicle for whatever days. Why not a one time hold of whatever your rental will be? Unfortunately, as a responsible consumer, you only get taken once. They have a mere 20 to 30 minutes, to make the best impression ever on a customer, but instead take the unpolite, rude, selfishness ways. Give them an (F).

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

My daughter and I made a trip to Atlanta recently. Had a wonderful experience when renting from EZ while visiting Family. They made our check in fast and easy, they had great customer service, and easy returning the car was a breeze as well. I will definitely book with them again.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Rent-A-Car?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Car was very nice, people were very friendly. The only problem I left my folder in the office and was not able to contact the office and the central office was not able to get ahold of them. For some reason they kept calling the wrong number to get ahold of me and I would double check the phone number with the main office and it was right. I finally got my folder 2 weeks later after many phone calls. But as for the rental was great.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Thanks so much for my rental experience with your company. I always use EZ Car Rental because I feel they value me as a customer and I get good service. The prices are great. This last rental I received just friendly and courteous service from your representative Ricardo. He is A+... Thanks and again and I look forward to renting again soon...

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

The pickup was great but, the return was bad I was charge for fuel and the car had a full tank. I have to awake up your employee to check my car in and he did not check the car. he just told me to give him the keys.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

We were treated so kindly and professionally by John-Paul. He is an asset to your company! He made sure we were happy at every step of the way. He answered all of our questions. And he made sure the check out and check in processes were seamless. A gem to work with!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

We rented a van in Atlanta to travel down to Florida. We found when driving in the rain the vehicle did not grab the road as it should. We found the front tires were bald. We had taken pictures of the car in the rental car place but it was dark so we didn’t realize how bad the tires were. We had to waste a day of vacation fighting the car company to get the tires replaced.

We called the 800 number and were told to call Atlanta. The clerk in Atlanta said we would be fine. I said I would send a picture of the tires. He said not necessary. I hung up and called the local sheriffs’ department to come and advise us. He said the car was unsafe. Told us to call credit card company and to stop payment on car rental. He said they generally have more clout to get a solution. He said call car company back and say car is unsafe to drive and since there was no Advantage car rental place in Destin or Fort Walton, Fl we should be able to take car to get tires replaced or we will stop payment and leave car in condo parking lot for them to pick up or at Ft Walton airport.

This time I called the corporate office with this information and finally after 3 hours, the corporate office said we could go to a local Pepboys to get tires replaced. We drove there and the rep said as soon as he saw the tires “How could a company ever rent a car with tires as bald as they were. Two hours later we were able to drive back to our condo with good transportation. Eight hours of beach recreation time was wasted fighting for a safe car.

I would have given no stars (if I could have) had I not gotten satisfaction when I called the corporate office. I know we rented from a new economy company (only saved $3 a day off of rate from Enterprise) and I will be more careful that I check the tires along with checking for any scratches, and I will make certain that the rental company has sites near our destinations for better service. I don’t think I will rent from E-Z again.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. For further assistance please contact our voice of customer team at 407-888-0519 or at vocteam@advantage.com. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Very easy to pick up and drop off the car. We had a newer Cadillac and it drove excellent. It was a very quiet inside the car as we drove down the road. The GPS work great to find each location we went to. Thank you.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Car was extremely dirty inside. Trash remained over the visor and in the console. Window washer fluid empty and tire pressure low monitor on. Seatbelt was greasy and permanently stained my pants. Obviously not cleaned in between rentals very well if at all.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

We thank you for taking the time to inform us on your recent rental experience. It is never our intentions to provide a vehicle in the manner that our vehicle was given and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent. We have addressed the issue with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements to prevent such an event from happening again. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Working with EZ Rent A Car was quick and easy at a great price. Great quality and service. Keep up the great work. I would definitely recommend this to others and would rent again. Especially if the price is right amongst the competitors.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for your review Elizabeth.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I was a little shocked that the cost doubled for an extra day. The hidden fees were pretty ridiculous. I’d rather not use the company again. I felt taken advantage of. I don’t think I’ll use the company again. I went on a business conference and ended up adding a day. I broke my phone so I didn’t think it would be a problem to keep the car one extra day. Went from under $150 to almost $400. Never again.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for informing us on your car rental experience. After further reviewing your Rental Record, we found that you failed to return the vehicle on the agreed date and time. As stipulated on your Agreement, the extra day rate was for $146.34 plus taxes and fees, which we validated. Due to these factors the extra day rate charge does apply and we cannot issue a refund or make any adjustments. If you have any further questions please contact our voice of customer team at 407-888-0519 or at vocteam@advantage.com. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Waited almost two hrs in line to get car. Did not have car reserved. Received junky car (jeep) in its place and paid same price. Found USB port after I googled where it would be in the glove compartment. Got on my needs to find it in the top of the compartment. Would not charge phone due to lack of power and thought I wanted to hook to crappy radio but there was no accessory buttons.... Did have an AC plug that I could plug my charge into.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent with the vehicle. For E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car customer satisfaction is our main priority and it is never out intentions to provide our customers with a vehicle that is not up to our company standards. Your experience has been addressed this with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. Once again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I did not sign up at checkout for refill by EZ Car. I filled the tank before I returned it. When I got back to Tennessee, I noticed that I was charged $30 to fill the tank. There is no way it could have cost $30 to fill the tank when I had just filled it even if EZ Rental had to top it off. The line was very long and perhaps the Agent got my car mixed up with someone else since he was trying to multi-task.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I rented a car from E-Z and it was simple, cost-efficient and the return process was easy. I would surely use this company again and have no reservations in supplying loved ones with a recommendation to this service. The company's employees were knowledgeable of the area and provided me with a list of tourist attractions within the Vegas metropolitan area and the Nevada region.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I was happy overall. The staff at the counter was very cooperative. The car was in good condition. The insurance policy was a little expensive. The staff at the drop place was also cooperative. The counter ambiance was also nice. The GPS provided was old and not in good condition.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

When I returned the car I was told there would be no other charges. When I received the final receipt, there was a charge for two gallons of gas. Otherwise I Was satisfied with the experience. Good car, quick service.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

No issues, except we got in at 7 pm from the east coast, tired, and trying to figure out how the car worked in near darkness, and a challenge to mark and pre-rental dings because of the darkness as well.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I rented a full size car and the car while worked fine, the keys did not include an automatic door unlock or trunk open. In an area like Orlando, this is an important feature to help locate the car and quickly get out of thunderstorms.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I booked my car pick up at 8:30 pm and when I arrived for pick up there was a line with over 50 people in it. They were all complaining of the time they had been waiting. I waited almost 3 hours to get my car and had a hungry and tired baby with me. I was even told to make my son stop crying by the employee, that he was too loud when crying. The worse experience I had ever been through with a car rental place.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

My agent was great and supportive and friendly and helpful. The wait was long, there was no line for members, and there were few agents available at the time. The shuttle was easy and convenient, but wasn't running enough.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Very pleased with the service at pickup and dropoff. Car was clean and in proper working condition. While the rental cost is high in Seattle, it was lower than the other rental companies. I would definitely consider EZ when I need I rent again.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I found my experience to be very convenient, smooth and easy. Your staff were professional and the vehicle was in good condition. I had no problems. I will definitely use your organization when traveling in the future. Keep up the good work!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I love using you guys! You are always on top of your game! Will definitely be using you again??? I most definitely will recommend you to everyone, you always take care of what I need and with a smile!!!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Rental of my car was very easy. Went straight to counter and was on my way in less than 10 minutes. Car was clean and what I ordered. Will be renting from Advantage again because it was so easy start to finish.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I love that they were so nice with everything. They made it very easy for me especially because me being 22 years old. I think I would definitely recommend them to any one of my friends. Once I realized everything was going to be processed and I was going to get the car I was so happy. Thank you EZ-Rental.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for your review Janssen.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Always excellent service and fleet. From reservation, to check in, getting the car, returning the car, and receiving the e-receipt, the whole process has been excellent. I have rented 5 times in the last two months from the same location - FLL and really appreciated the service.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you Eric for your review.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Walter at Denver Airport was very helpful when we had problems with our reservation. He solved the problem and made a difficult situation solved. The return was also very easy. Denver Airport is not an easy place to rent cars. We have rented from other car rental places before in Denver and have found them to be rude and unhelpful. E-Z Rent-A-Car was very helpful.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

E-Z Rent-A-Car expert review by Lauren Fix

E-Z Rent-A-Car started in Orlando with a fleet of only nine cars in 1994. Today, they operate in 20 states, including Alaska and Hawaii, and several foreign countries. Their fleet includes everything from sub-compact cars to large SUVs as well as trucks, vans and convertibles.

• Rewards: Loyal customers can join the company’s E-Z Money rewards program. Consumers can join for free and receive instant discounts. They also earn points that can be used towards future rentals, and there are no blackout dates.

• Younger drivers: E-Z Rent-A-Car welcomes drivers under 25. They rent cars to drivers as young as 18. Those ages 18-24 must pay an additional fee.

• Blog: Consumers can visit the company’s travel blog to read about a variety of destinations as well as travel tips. The company also has free downloadable city guides.

• Discounts: E-Z Rent-A-Car offers special discounts to select groups, including seniors, teachers, police, students and members of the military. Their website and social media pages also features coupons.

• Communication: E-Z Rent-A-Car makes it simple for consumers to contact them. Their website includes an instant chat feature and a “Contact Us” form. The website also clearly lists phone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses for reservations, customer service, toll violations and claims.

• Best for: Vacationers, business travelers, temporary workers and drivers under 25.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

E-Z Rent-A-Car Company Information

2003 McCoy Road, Ste. A
Orlando
FL
407-674-1006
www.e-zrentacar.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business