Orlando, FL

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We recently made a reservation online with E-Z Rent-A-Car and we had nice interactions with the reps who were easy to work with. Overall, it was very good.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. For E-Z Rent-A-Car customer satisfaction is our main priority and it is unfortunate that our agent was not up to our company standards and did not provide you with the best service you deserved. We thank you for providing us with feedback of your rental experience with us. We take our customers feedback seriously and we have addressed this incident with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements. Once again we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Original review: May 23, 2017

Absolutely terrible - avoid at all costs. Had a confirmed reservation for 8 p.m. Arrived at 7:30 at the airport and boarded the Wally Park Shuttle, as instructed. They told me to get off as the rental place was closed. Called the 800 number and received negative help (still before the confirmed pick up time). They told me to come back tomorrow, even after I explained that I just landed after traveling all day and did not live at the airport(?). I asked for a supervisor and got no further response. After one minute of silence I hung up. Had to locate an alternate rental company and pay significantly more for another car. No constructive offer or apology - treated like it was my fault. May pursue other action against this outfit. Absolutely terrible service - avoid this outfit at all costs.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

After further reviewing your signed Rental Agreement we found that you signed declining the optional service of the E-Z Toll program for $13.99 per day plus taxes and fees. With the E-Z Toll program customer may use the express lanes an unlimited number of times during this rental, and we will handle processing and reconciliation for toll payments plus the cost of the toll(s). When the option is declined the customer will be charged the amount of the toll violation(s) plus a $25.00 admin fee per violation. Our optional services are offered to the customer to help them travel at ease. When you signed your Agreement you acknowledged that you had the opportunity to read through the Agreement before signing to verify all charges were correct. Since you signed declining the E-Z Toll program, a refund is not applicable. We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Original review: May 18, 2017

This process seems to be above the law. They sent me a bill, I thought it was incorrect, so I paid no attention to the bills they sent because I was not aware that though the tolls are not physically there, tolls were still being assessed. When I starting paying attention to the 4.60 bill, it went up to an additional $40. I called and was told that I should have known they were going to assess $40 late fee. The late fee amount is not listed on the bill and nowhere does it state that a specific fee would be assessed after a certain time period like all other companies. I spoke to customer service and was told, that it is listed on a website. I was told there is no one to talk to about a dispute and there is nothing I can do about it.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of AEZ Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and it is unfortunate that our agent was not up to our company standards and did not provide you with the best service you deserved. We thank you for providing us with feedback of your rental experience with us. We take our customers feedback seriously and we have addressed this incident with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements. Once again we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Original review: May 16, 2017

EZ phone customer service SUCKS! I called a few days ago and waited on hold for over 10 minutes. I talked to a very nice guy that said my date change was done. When I looked at my account today, it was NOT changed. I called and got a man with an accent named David. He told me he could not make the change but would transfer me. I told him I did not want to wait on hold again. He said he would change it, but then he pulled up my account and put me on infinite hold. After 10+ minutes, I hung up and called back. After a very short wait, he (DAVID) answered again. I asked him why I am getting passed around and put on hold, and without saying a word, he put me into the hold system, where I have been now for 22:32 and counting. This is **. I am a frequent user of EZ, but not for long!

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. All of our international renter policies can be found on our direct website Advantage.com and E-zrentacar.com. For international renters the rental must have full coverage. Credit card companies only offer Collision Damage Insurance when renting a vehicle. In order for the rental to have full coverage you would need to purchase the Supplemental Liability Insurance in order to rent the vehicle. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Original review: May 9, 2017

This rental was a total ABUSE. I've made a reservation online and the total informed was $151.61 and now you are charging me $406.22, this is insane! At the airport, even I explaining to the guy that help us that my credit card already covers all he forced me to hire another insurance even though I did not want to!! In addition, he LIED to me, saying that the city of Orlando did not accept any payment in tolls with cash anymore. I said that the SunPass was too expensive, and I preferred to pay in cash the tolls. He said that I couldn't!!!! I said several times that I did not want to hire SunPass, and he denied me the car without this. I am very disappointed and I hope your company will take action. The amount charged is absurd. I'll be waiting for your answer.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: May 7, 2017

Waited in line for two hours. Only 3 agents working. Shuttle driver tossed cases of water on the floor at our feet and told us to help ourselves as an apology for the wait. When I made it to the counter I learned that there would be a deposit in excess of $300. I also was told to present my insurance card so that adequate coverage could be proven. When did buying rental insurance become a requirement for rental? I rent often and have never had these demands. I cancelled my reservation and asked for a refund. I am still waiting on the email confirmation.

I went to Enterprise and rented a car without mention of my insurance card or an exorbitant deposit. And I was at their counter for 5 minutes. Agent was personable (Enterprise NOT EZ), introduced himself and conducted a pre-rent walk around. EZ has a sign that tells customers to check the vehicle themselves. Horrible way to run a business. I will pay extra elsewhere to never visit one of your centers again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Rent-A-Car?

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. Local Renters are subject to a mileage cap of 150 free miles per day and $0.55 / mile above this amount, totaling over the entire rental period. All of our local renter policies can be found on our direct website Advantage.com and e-zrentacar.com. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Original review: May 5, 2017

On 05/01/2017, I rented a car from E-Z, but made my booking online first because there were lots of people on queue. I made the booking on carrent.com and was later attended to by one of the agents called Cori. I was not told that I need to accumulate a certain mileage on the car. I went to another city within my state and came back within the time required to drop the car. I was told when I went to drop the car that I have used more than the mileage required and will have to pay for the rest of the mileage accumulated and the cost I will be charged is per mile. I tried to explain myself but they will not listen. I called the customer service and the agent I spoke (DAVID), but he put the blame on me and also lied against me that I booked on priceline.com. I couldn't do anything, but explained myself, but still they won't listen to me. This are very bad employees and this is also not a good company to deal with either.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Thank you for your review. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. I will be reaching out to you to obtain more information regarding your issue. Thank you again for your feedback!

Original review: May 3, 2017

My experience started in Jacksonville FL on April 27th waiting in line for an hour to be given a car that was dirty. After I refueled the car and returned it in JAX on the 30th of April I thought it was like every other rental car company I've done business with and said "thank you" and went on my way. Two days later looking at my account online E-Z charged me $1,600 for zero reason. When I called them they stated that it appears I returned the car in Phoenix!!! Of course that was false and I asked for a refund. The first person I spoke with told me that they called the local office in JAX and verified that I was telling the truth and my refund would be returned "asap". She even gave me a confirmation number of ** - the next day when I called, the gentlemen I spoke with had no idea what was going on and never heard or saw that number on my account.

He ALSO called JAX E-Z Rental to verify the car was in the lot and he said that I would see my refund and that someone would be calling me within 24hrs (we are now on hour 25). I called AGAIN today, the gal I spoke with started the conversation by telling me what my charges were, she came up with some $800 charge that I had not seen yet. I want my money back now, I have waited 72hrs for something to be handled correctly. This is ridiculous and a complete waste of my time. They have lost me and hopefully others for my lifetime.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: April 27, 2017

Flew in on red-eye from Sacramento, CA. Proceeded to get my car @ Phila airport. Woman told me my car insurance was lacking liability coverage, she is FOS! I pay 7000 plus dollars a yr in car insurance on new cars. So don't tell me my coverage is no good! Don't. I will go to every website to tell them how much I hate E-Z car rental, it is so freaking far from easy rental. Plain **! The man from the shuttle said, "We get at least 20 complaints a day from these idiots!" So just want to tell you how displeased with your joke ass company and will complain on every website to tell people how much I hate Phila E-Z or should I say ASS HARD TO RENT CAR COMPANY!!!

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Thank you for taking the time to share your rental experience with us. For E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car customer satisfaction is our main priority and we are very pleased to know that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: April 25, 2017

Pre-booked at Fort Myers with Ryan (great). Everything in order when we picked up. Even got free upgrade from Debra. Upon drop-off in Orlando, we were there less than 1 minute. Fabulous service. I would use E-Z car rental every time we needed a car in Florida. Only one minor report having a dirty windshield.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. We are currently looking for ways to improve our customers wait time. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: April 22, 2017

When I arrived at E-Z Rent a Car Denver airport on 4/7/2017 the line was to the door. Minimum of 40 people standing in line. And of course no one was happy. I waited in line for 1 hour and 45 minutes then another 10 minutes at counter. No matter how much you save it is not worth it. DO NOT RENT FROM HERE unless you have a few hours to stand in line and waste valuable time on your trip.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: April 20, 2017

I would like to thank the employees of E-Z Rent-A-Car who made utilizing your company (19-26 March 2017) at the Philadelphia International Airport effortless for me during a most trying time. I came back to my hometown, Philadelphia, during the time of my mother's passing and funeral and they made it possible for me to handle my business without added stress. Thank you.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: April 13, 2017

We had a great experience from Renting to return. Thank you all for making our trip fun and special especially the lady associate who helped at the desk while renting. We sure will be looking forward to come back. Thank you again and keep up the good work.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I always enjoy renting from E-Z Rent-A-Car. They are thorough and professional, unlike some of those other low-cost car rental agencies. I never have a long wait for my pick-up even if there's a long line. Thank you E-Z Rent-A-Car.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of AEZ Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. It is never our intentions to provide a vehicle in the manner that our vehicle was given. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and it is unfortunate that our agent was not up to our company standards and did not provide you with the best service you deserved. We thank you for providing us with feedback of your rental experience with us. We take our customers feedback seriously and we have addressed this incident with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements. Once again we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Original review: April 13, 2017

The girl at the counter was talking down to me and was rude to the point I asked her if I'd done something wrong, only there to rent a car. Las Vegas rental was much better experience. The vehicle I got in Vegas was a cruise hatch, a nice ride. Ft Lauderdale was Hyundai accent, which handled very poorly seemed like it had front end issues, and the seat belt buckle was stabbing me in the leg, car was overall very uncomfortable. I waited on hold over 20 minutes, finally sent an email. Never got a phone call. Car was dirty outside when I got it, 1st ever dirty rental!

Original review: April 12, 2017

Another fabulous experience from check out to check in. 5th time renting from E-Z. Great staff. Nice car. Was a bit dirty on the outside when I picked it up. Not a big problem. Not a fan of gas refilled service. Thus, elected to fill it up prior to return. The Charger was a nice touch and Bluetooth phone service was a nice convenience.

Original review: April 12, 2017

Good Afternoon. The service I received was wonderful, everyone was kind and friendly. The car was ready and the wait time was small. Questions were answered to my satisfaction. There was one thing that can improved, is making sure all the windows are clean in the car.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

We thank you for taking the time to inform us on your recent rental experience. It is never our intentions to provide a vehicle in the manner that our vehicle was given and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent. We have addressed the issue with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements to prevent such an event from happening again. We look forward to rectifying this incident with our future service and thank you once again for your feedback.

Original review: April 12, 2017

Very well service and I didn't have problem with the car and check service nice. The car was very beautiful. However the internal car was dirty. So my experience was good. Recommended take care with clean internal car and I don`t have other problems.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: April 12, 2017

I love E-Z! Every time I plan a trip to the mainland I look forward, more like excited, in booking my reservation with you folks! Love the awesome service at the front desk as well as in the garage and LOVE the variety of car selection, which I think is of more quality than others for the rate! I can't see myself renting from any other agency other than E-Z! I HIGHLY recommend E-Z to family and friends! Can't wait to see you guys next time! ;-)

Original review: April 12, 2017

The wait time was a little long but the service was great! No hassle, beautiful car, and easy return. I would definitely recommend E-Z Rent-a-Car company. The shuttle picked us up from LAX in a timely manner. The whole experience was fantastic. I will use E-Z Rent-a-Car during my next trip to California.

Original review: April 11, 2017

Once again, great service at the DFW location! Traffic and people backed up due to storms but I handled promptly and was on my way in no time. Thank you for the great service and care over many years of use.

Original review: April 11, 2017

The counter agent was fantastic. She helped me tremendously. She was professional, knowledgeable and went out of her way. When I returned I had booked with another firm. They failed to make a car available. She did not have one either but checked with another company who helped me. E-Z will always be my first choice in future travel.

Original review: April 11, 2017

Could not have been better... One of the best... Great staff... Clean cars and very fuel efficient. I even forgot my wallet in the driver's side door and someone went downstairs to the car and returned same to me. Honest staff. Keep up the great job.

Original review: April 11, 2017

Our rental from Fort Myers Airport (off-site) in February was a good experience. The price was considerably lower than the competition, the counter and outdoor staff were courteous, and the vehicle (Toyota Camry) was spotless and ran perfectly. It was a positive experience.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I was denied from other companies because I only had a debit card but you guys helped me rent a car with no issues. The cost was a little expensive but well worth it because no one else was willing to help me out. When using a debit card the money is there along with the deposit. Thank kindly.

Original review: April 11, 2017

Very EZ all the way. Quick check-in. Car in top shape. No problems or issues whatsoever. I'd use them again in a heartbeat. Good experience all through. I'd never heard of E-Z car rental before and was apprehensive about trying something new. Pleasantly surprised by the service.

Original review: April 11, 2017

James from the Jacksonville, FL location was excellent in customer service. He made picking up my car a pleasant experience and I think that's a bit unusual. He was extraordinarily helpful in returning an item to me that I had unfortunately left in the car. James is the type of person you want to keep and promote in your organization.

Original review: April 11, 2017

Great experience. Even got an upgrade for only a few dollars more for a SUV. Satellite included and great customer service. Easy return. Hold dropped off quickly and was able to use debit card. The SUV didn't use a lot of gas and traveling with an infant this vehicle was well needed. Thanks Orlando Airport location.

Original review: April 11, 2017

This was our first experience with E-Z Rent-A-Car and I would highly recommend to a friend. There was a little line when checking in but nothing awful. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Car was clean and drove really nice. Thank you so much for an enjoyable experience.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I don't understand HOW the rate can fluctuate 2.5 times HIGHER for the IDENTICAL vehicle from one week to the next. I feel TOTALLY taken advantage of and I WILL NOT BE BACK! The rates for your vehicles are inconsistent and there's NO EXCUSE for that from (what was) a loyal customer!

Original review: April 11, 2017

I was more than satisfied with my rental. The representative at the desk made the process quick and easy for a last minute reservation at the airport. Even with my poor credit score E-Z rental was able to work with me and give me the best rate possible. I recommend E-Z Rent-A-Car for all your travel needs.

E-Z Rent-A-Car Company Profile