Orlando, FL

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We recently made a reservation online with E-Z Rent-A-Car and we had nice interactions with the reps who were easy to work with. Overall, it was very good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife and I flew to Montreal on July 1. We went to the rental car office and could not find E-Z Rent-A-Car. There are counters of many car rental companies. I could not find the counter or a sign for E-Z Rent-A-Car. I called the company's local contact number 514-636-3332 and left voicemail. I also talked to Expedia and they could not talk to a live person either. After 1 1/2 hour of waiting and calling, we decide to rent a car from Alamo. This was my worst experience with any rental car company. Another family with four kids had the same bad experience as ours. It is not acceptable to treat customers in this way. As of today, I have not got any response to my voicemail. I wrote a message to the company through Contact Us on the company website a week ago. I have not received any response from them.

When you make a booking online, they advertise unlimited mileage... but when you go to pick up the car, they tell you it's limited to 200 kms per day if you are a local resident. They tell you to refer to their terms and conditions which are fine prints and very hard to read when you are trying to book a car online. Why don't they make it clear and bold that it is not unlimited kilometers for local residents. It is false advertisement. They are fooling people and people end up paying for extra mileage when they return their rentals. By then, it is already too late and nothing can be done. What a scam!!!

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Thank you for your review. Reviews such as these provide valuable insight for the successful operation of our company. I will be reaching out to you to obtain more information regarding your issue. Thank you again for your feedback!

Original review: July 15, 2017

My son and I flew into Denver airport and booked a rental car online and paid ahead for the rental. First the guy at E-Z rental told us we would need to add the $10 toll charge to our bill since we would be going through tolls on our trip to Colorado Springs. (A lie) We were booked from April 22-24. We returned the car on the 24th as planned but had to drop off the car at a different location since E-Z was closed. Well imagine my surprise when I get my credit card statement and find out they charged me an extra $246 for what they stated, "returned on the 28th". They charged me for 4 days that I never even had the car!! We are still disputing the charge with our credit card company because E-Z is still claiming we had the car for the 4 days we didn't! We even have copies of our airline booking! Do not rent from this Denver location, they are scam artists!!

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: July 11, 2017

Booked a rental at MIA airport. When I tried to rent and supplied my Canadian drivers license I was told that they required my passport which I had left with my wife back at the terminal 20 minutes away. Despite offering to provide an image of the passport and their choice of picture id's and CC's they refused to rent. Went over to Sixt who had no such qualms.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: July 10, 2017

We booked a car using OneTravel for $130,38 and during the check in at the EZ store located on 14500 Global Pkwy, Fort Myers, FL 33913, the attendant ** mentioned that they would hold $200 on top of what I owned as a deposit (total of $327.38, I had paid $3 when I did the reservation in order to hold it) and the $200 would be released from my account when the vehicle is returned. We asked 2-3 times if it would be done with no issues and she confirmed all the times and said to don't worry about that because it was a security procedure only.

After that she asked me to sign the contract electronically (using the small screen used for credit cards) and then I asked her if I had to sign (if it was mandatory) because I didn't agree with the contract and she told us that I must sign the contract agreeing with all terms to get the car. And as I didn't agree with the contract I asked her if the total that I would be charged would be only $127.38 plus the hold of $200. Then I asked her why the values in the contract was different (higher) and she told me that it is because of the system and she couldn't change it and said again to don't worry about the value because I would be charged only $127.38. So I signed the contract to get the car. She charged my credit card and said that I would receive the receipt by email which I never received. And I asked again if the $200 would be released/refunded to my CC upon vehicle's return and she confirmed one more time.

When I returned the vehicle with no issues I asked again about the $200 and the attendant that inspected the car and processed the return confirmed that the amount would be refunded to my credit card but it would take up to 10 days. Past a few days since we returned the car (on July 4th) I called EZ just to make sure I would get my refund of $200 and the attendant confirmed the $200 would be refunded to my account and said it was a normal procedure. I checked my credit card statement and the transaction was still pending, which indicates the amount wasn't confirmed yet. So I thought that when the transaction is confirmed the $200 would be removed. When I checked my credit card statement again 2 days later the amount charged was including the $200 and at this time the transaction was confirmed.

So I called EZ on Friday (Jul 7th) to see what was going on and to ask about my refund. The attendant told me the store was closed at that time (~7PM EST) and someone would call me on Monday (Jul 10th) to check when I would get my refund and said again that it was a normal procedure and I would be refunded. Today I got a call from EZ and I asked again when I'd be refunded and I was told that there were nothing to be refunded because the total charged was correctly according to the contract. I explained the whole situation again and the attendant kept insisting that I had signed the contract and I wouldn't be refunded. I kept arguing the total was not correct and asked if she could do anything to help me and again she answered that I didn't have any amount to be refunded. Then the call dropped.

I called again and had to explain the whole situation another time and I got no answer. I don't know what to do, the attendant forced me to sign a contract to get the car and I trusted her and now I'm in this situation where my reservation receipt shows one amount and the real amount charged is more than double. Another point is, the car was completely dirt inside and smelling so bad. This is the worse company ever. I will never rent a car with them again. They have a bad service, they lie to customers and don't care about their customers. They will make everything to get your money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Rent-A-Car?

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Thank you for your review. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. I will be reaching out to you to obtain more information regarding your issue. Thank you again for your feedback!

Original review: July 8, 2017

Rented a car on the E-Z website. Quoted for $390 total. They checked me in said almost $1000. I said I don't need insurance, I have full coverage. I don't think I need the toll road coverage either. They said I had to get collision and I really needed to toll package. I absolutely did not need the collision and I haven't even seen a toll road. WHAT A RIPOFF!!! Ended up still having to pay almost $700, even after I showed them my online quote. I will never trust this company with my business again and neither should anybody.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: July 6, 2017

Pre-paid for a car with EZ at Fort Myer. Offered a "free" upgrade by the check in clerk who knew we were in a hurry to get to an event. Checked the bottom line on the receipt, questioned the amount, and was told it was the charges for the 200.00 deposit which would not be charged if the car was returned full, in the same condition upon turn in. I was instructed to pull the car up along a line of returned car and leave the keys in it. A "final invoice" would be emailed. I questioned that system with the people at the desk, and was told that's how they operate.

The invoice I received showed an upgrade (to a car the next size larger) for the ridiculous amount of $109.00 more. Advised by them I should have looked at the receipt more carefully, and not taken the word of the agent. So lesson learned. Won't ever use them again. I've been traveling for 40 years, had "upgrades" offered a number of times, and have never had anything like that happen. You'll wait for the shuttle to pick you up, the car was just over 3/4 full, not full. On the shuttle back to the airport two other parties were complaining about the service and worried about leaving the car without an actual check in and receiving an actual invoice. Won't ever use this company again.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: July 4, 2017

I booked a Jeep on 6/14/2017 for my trip to Maui. Glad I called to tell them to see if they could work around my late arrival. (Standard pickup time is 10:30 am). I was told that if I was not there by 12:30 pm, my car (the Jeep) would no longer be available EVEN THOUGH I HAD BOOKED THE CAR AND WAS WILLING TO PAY UPFRONT IF NEEDED TO SECURE THE CAR!!! What is the point of booking if they will not hold a car for you??

Just to add to my frustration, I could barely understand the person on the phone and continually had to ask them to repeat things. I asked if they would extend an upgrade to make up for the inconvenience of finding out last minute that my car would be unavailable. I was told no and was given the number for Expedia to cancel. That's exactly what I did - cancelled! Do NOT waste your time booking a car with them. The Hawaii location is very unprofessional and couldn't care less about customer service I'm afraid. Very disappointed about being treated as if I were an inconvenience to them!!

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: June 29, 2017

I am writing my review from the lobby of this car rental place during my 4th of July holiday vacation with my family. We made a reservation through the internet. I got a really good deal. The website asked for a pickup time and I entered after 9 am. When we arrived at the airport the shuttle bus driver tells us that if our reservation is more than an hour old, our reservation had been canceled and we needed to make a new one with new charges and not previously reserved charges. He assured us that we could get a car, but not for the price we reserved. This is price gauging and I will never recommend this place to anyone. We are now stranded with no car on our family vacation because we cannot afford the extra costs.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: June 22, 2017

Refused to rent a car to me for the agreed upon price. Same thing happened to the other traveler in front of me. He left to rent somewhere else, I took Uber instead. Never rent from these guys. Also a pain to get to from the airport, not in the terminal like the other companies.

I rent a car last May 10, 2017 and returned the car Last May 11, 2017 somewhere 9 to 10AM. My complaint is that, why I have a double charge. First May 15, 2017 amounting to 43.92. 2nd on June 11, 2017 amounting to 35.22. Why I have a double charge, what is this for? I have an experience to another rent a car but I've not encountered a charge like this.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

We thank you for taking the time to inform us on your recent rental experience. It is never our intentions to provide a vehicle in the manner that our vehicle was given and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent. We have addressed the issue with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements to prevent such an event from happening again. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: June 16, 2017

The car was filthy. The windshield on the inside had smut all over it, the inside of the car was dirty and there was trash in the vehicle. I also do not agree with the 200.00 hold if you even use a major credit card. This is the 2nd time that I have rented from here and the car was dirty.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: June 16, 2017

All I need to say about my car rental with E-Z this time as with my other experiences with E-Z was "Very Good". The staff from counter to drop off was and is a "5 star". I use E-Z whenever possible. Thank you.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: June 15, 2017

Everything went great! Starting with Check-in. The return was very efficient also. Hertz quoted me around $180 per day for a Mustang convertible. I rented here for $170 TOTAL for 3 days! We were VERY pleased! We will absolutely rent with E-Z Rental for our future rental needs!

We were upgraded and it worked out perfectly because we were helping our daughter move. Thank you. The car was perfect for our needs. The process was quick and easy. We would use your company again and recommend you to others.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of AEZ Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and it is unfortunate that our agent was not up to our company standards and did not provide you with the best service you deserved. We thank you for providing us with feedback of your rental experience with us. We take our customers feedback seriously and we have addressed this incident with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements. Once again we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Original review: June 13, 2017

The agent intentionally mislead me about the gas refill service. I should have known better. Never once did she say there was a surcharge. All she pointed out was how much cheaper the price per gallon was. She acted like it was a no brainer. I knew I was only going to be driving the car a short distance and ended up only using about 2 gallons of gas. Those 2 gallons of gas cost me about $27.00. This experience makes me wonder if the sales agents get paid commission on selling this service and therefore are intentionally misleading customers.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Thank you for taking the time to share your rental experience with us. For E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car customer satisfaction is our main priority and we are very pleased to know that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: June 12, 2017

Check in counter staff super helpful. Drop off attendant extremely helpful and friendly. No long wait, easy in and out. Car clean and good - sub compact. Well located at RDU airport and easy to find. I would recommend EZ rent - price was very competitive

Original review: June 12, 2017

My husband and I had a horrible experience at the EZ Rent a Car at the Fort Myers airport location. To start off, the rep talked us into upgrading our car to a sporty vehicle. My husband agreed, but only if it was a V8 (he wanted to enjoy the power of a V8 while on vacation) so the rep set us up, we packed all of our luggage inside, (and I will point out the car smelled slightly like a dirty dog and the outside of the car had not been cleaned) but, we drove away. A mile down the road my husband noticed the vehicle didn't have the power he thought it should, so he got out and looked under the hood and noticed it was a V6. So, we went back to the rental place, only to be told by the rep "Oh, I thought it was a V8".

After another 30 mins, my husband decided we would just take the original car that we originally paid for and the sales rep told us that prepaying for the tank of gas there (and bring it back empty) was a better way to go, so we did. After unloading luggage and loading it up in another rental car, we started the new car only to see all of the "warning engine" lights on... So, back into the rental place my husband went.

Another 30 mins later, another unloading and loading of luggage, we got into what would be our 3rd and final car (it too had a musty dog type odor). I would also like to point out that while me and my husband were spending the beginning of our vacation thrusting heavy luggage back and forth from rental car to rental car, we couldn't help but notice 4 sets of other unhappy guest, 2 of which cancelled their contracts right there on the spot, fighting with reps because they were overcharged for their rentals! We should have walked away, but we didn't.

Ok, back to the story, we are now loaded into the 3rd car and the manager walks out to find out what's going on. After we tell him the story, my husband is super angry at this point (you can only imagine) so my husband tells him this is no way to run a business and I guess to calm my husband down, the manager finally agrees to give us a discount of about $70 off of our original bill. Sounds great, right? Not exactly.

We leave there feeling a little better about what happened, enjoyed our vacation, returned the car, only to receive a final bill email later that afternoon that charged us an additional $100+ dollars over top of the agreed upon price! He tried to call them while we were waiting at the airport only to be told this charge was the $9+ dollars a gallon for bringing it back empty! When he tried to explain we already agreed and paid for that up front, then bring it back empty, the rep told him that wasn't the case. We will NEVER, EVER go to EZ rental again! Not only did they put a damper on the beginning of our trip, they also put a damper on the end of our trip. There wasn't ANYTHING easy about EZ Rent a Car!

Original review: June 12, 2017

Great experience. Great car. Polite, Helpful and speedy service. Would definitely use this service again. Great mileage car, excellent condition. Ease of order process and location very appropriate. Gentleman at counter was very informative. Hoping to find this particular in some other areas in which we travel.

Original review: June 12, 2017

On a day they seemed to be short staffed, they remained calm and very pleasant to every customer. Once waited on it took no time at all to complete the paperwork and be on my way. I would definitely recommend to friends.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: June 12, 2017

Competitive prices, fast and friendly service, and convenient location, what more do you want? We have only used at Las Vegas and there is just no comparison. The other rental companies have long lines, I have never had a line of more than 1 person with E-Z. Cars are clean and comfortable, pick up and drop off is very fast.

Original review: June 12, 2017

I recently went back to renting a car from E-Z Car Rental after bad customer service elsewhere. They are a very customer friendly company. Thank you for still believing in good customer service! It definitely pays off on the end.

Original review: June 12, 2017

I flew into Boston having chosen a "mystery" car and was very pleased to have been issued a Prius... Great car. I had a smooth check in, no problems with the car, and a smooth drop-off 10 days later. The only reasons I am not giving a 5 star rating are 1: The car had not been cleaned very well and 2: I. Did not choose to rent the EZ PASS and was taken by surprise that there is no cash option for tolls out of Boston. It would have been nice if they had told me this would happen. Overall good experience!

Original review: June 12, 2017

Use caution and READ ALL fine print before even booking. There was a lot of weird charges to card still disputing. I have used E-Z before and never had a problem. There comes a price to everything. Nothing is "FREE." 2/5 stars. Sorry.

Original review: June 12, 2017

For years now E-Z Rent-A-Car has been my choice for price, convenience, customer service and car quality at Orlando airport. Always a great experience never an issue or a complaint. Fast in and out of the airport with a responsive customer service as well. All the cars were new and low mileage.

Original review: June 12, 2017

Had never heard of E-Z Rent-A-Car before, but they were the least expensive rate for a future vacation to Florida. We arrived at five o'clock in the morning and were pleased to have an agent available. He was very personable and helpful, and upon hearing that we were going to drive all the way to Key West offered us a free upgrade to a more comfortable car. Very pleased with their quality and service, will definitely use again.

Original review: June 12, 2017

I rented this car in Seattle for 9 days. I was given a Toyota Camry. I didn't have one problem. I still haven't been billed yet, but I checked online and everything is as it should be. I plan future trips to Seattle and will use E-Z Rent-A-Car every time I go.

Original review: June 12, 2017

I rented a compact car in Seattle. Clean, well maintained car at a great price! Easy to work with customer service after a small clerical issue. I returned the car a few minutes late, and they quickly refunded me the extra day. Would definitely rent from E-Z again!

Original review: June 12, 2017

I rented a car at the Love Field facility. The rental was reasonable and the car (Ford Fusion) was good car. I would do it again. We took the car back to DFW and had no problems. Shuttle to hotel was convenient.

Original review: June 12, 2017

I thought the young woman at the counter was amazing. She had a great smile. Good customer service is an important part of the overall experience. One suggestion I would make is that you find a way to clean the cars a bit better other than that the rental was a good value.

E-Z Rent-A-Car Company Profile