Call toll free
  • 1 star
Based on 224 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our goal is to provide the best experience possible when renting a car. In 1994, E-Z Rent-A-Car started with nine vehicles at the Orlando National Airport and has now grown to be one of the largest businesses in the rental car industry. We want every step to be easy and efficient while providing the best value for your next vacation or business trip. Call us today!

BBBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 18, 2018

748 E-Z Rent-A-Car Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I don't agree at all with their contract. I made agreement with E-Z car rental company previously. Price suppose to be the same as the contract paid on December 22. Secondly for the extension we have only one driver. So you cannot charge for second driver. GO AWAY FROM THIS CROOK COMPANY. Please correct contract on the same basis as the first one... then I will pay my bill. See 1st contract and 2nd contract WITH THE SAME CAR. WE DON'T RETURN THE CAR FOR TAKE ANOTHER ONE.

You are crook. You abuse of people charging 5 times the week rental for the same car which was not returned!!! You even charge for 2 drivers!!! Who are the 2 drivers? Give me names??? You have been charging illegally the credit card in France when you set up the bill to Alain **. If we not set up agreement before 5 days I will sue you to Court in France and in the same time claim for criminal abuse... Yes you have been charging and abusing a French client... You will have to take an attorney in France. Good luck!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Charged me $101 for an additional driver that did not exist. I tried to fight it with customer service, but they were rude and insisted I signed for it. I made a fraud claim with my credit card company in order to get a copy of this supposed agreement, and there is no signature on it approving an additional driver. I went on their website to confirm the policy on adding additional drivers in the state of Texas and it says:

"ADDITIONAL DRIVERS. Additional authorized operators can be added, for an additional charge, at the time of rental or at any rental location. The primary renter and each Additional Authorized Operator must be present to sign the rental agreement and must meet normal rental qualifications, such as showing a valid driver license, and meeting all age requirements." They are in clear violation of their policy but still refused my refund. I tried escalating the problem... they gave me ticket numbers but never responded. I am going to report them to the BBB because this illegal.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I just had an absolutely awful experience with an E-Z Rent-A-Car rental location at the SeaTac airport (Seattle) location at around 9:00 PM on 1/11, and am writing this, so I can speak to a higher level executive who can explain me what just happened. We could not get the name of the rep at the counter (she was the only one), since she refused to give it to us, because she knew she was rude, belligerent, and was way out of line.

We had a reservation for a full-size car for 3 days. Upon getting there, we were asked if we intended to take the car outside of Washington - I had never been asked that before, so I paused and said no we don’t intend to, but what would be the cost to change it if we do decide to visit our relatives in BC (since we were in town for 3 days). She said you can’t do that as I’m a “local” (I had a WA driver’s license, but I recently moved to CA). I said that’s fine, as I don’t really know if we’d had time to go. She said if we can move the reservation to my wife’s name, as she has a CA license and that way if we want to go to BC we could.

She said she’ll have to cancel and book a new reservation and it’ll cost 3 dollars/day and I said sure. She cancelled our existing reservation and then looks at me and says that the quote she gave me for 3 dollars increase was for a full-size car and she doesn’t have any. She has an SUV, but for that were looking at a 24$ increase/day (total of 66ish dollars).

I told her that’s not something I signed up for. She said since she already cancelled, there was no way to retrieve the reservation, so the only way to do it is to pay 60$ more (for 3 days) and book this new car. I told her that’s unacceptable, and this is really bad customer experience, since I wasn’t even planning to go to BC and at this point, we'd just like to get on with our initial reservation for me. She said she needs to talk to her manager, and stepped out from the counter in the back. A few moments later, she comes back and says she talked to our manager and they can’t rent a car to us at all- any car! My wife and I were fuming at this point, as we had no idea what’s going on - our reservation was cancelled and we were told we can’t be rented any car at all! We demanded we wanted to speak with a manager, and the employee connected us over the phone.

The manager, who also didn’t give us his name (had what looked like a Mexican accent) told us that we can’t be rented the car because of company policy, and when I asked what policy, he replied “Company Policy”, and refused to say anything else. He was rude and said he cannot talk to us right now, as he’s “out somewhere” and that his decision was final. Upon hanging up the phone, your rep said we need to leave or she'll call the cops, and she hoped there are better humans in the world than us. This was said to us completely unprovoked! If you have recordings at that location, please look at them. I wish I had recorded this.

This left us without a rental car at 10:00 PM on Seattle-Tacoma International airport. I want you all to know that we Ubered back to our hotel and will be looking for a different rental company tomorrow, as almost everyone was out of vehicles that late. This is unacceptable on a lot of levels, as we are now stranded, without any vehicle for the weekend, a weekend that was supposed to be fun and relaxing. I would like to speak with whoever runs the show in the pacific northwest for your company, as this was a disgusting experience that needs root cause and compensation for all the time that wasted and emotional stress that it caused.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. All of our local renter policies can be found on our direct website Advantage.com and e-zrentacar.com. For further assistance please contact our voice of customer team at 407-888-0519 or at vocteam@advantage.com. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

It was my first time renting with EZ Car Rental. It was a good deal and I paid in full for my rental before getting there; assuming I'd be guaranteed a car when I arrive. My cousin and I got there at midnight on December 20th, 2017, only to be disappointed by the very long line that we had to wait in. There was only one person working and he decided it was ok to hold up the line for one difficult woman who didn't make a reservation and refused to give him a credit card for her rental. Although I did feel bad for the man because the lady seemed a bit crazy, he allowed her to make some phone calls so someone can transfer money into her card, holding up the line. Everyone was tired and frustrated. She eventually came back and everything went through and he was able to take two more groups until he decided to tell everyone else that was waiting in line that they ran out of cars and he told everyone to come back at 7 am.

It was 2 am now, we waited for 2 hours of complete BS. I then went up to the counter and kindly told the worker I paid in full and he rudely told me, "Like I said, we ran out of cars, you can come back at 7 am." So then I told him that our original plan was to leave Vegas at 6 am to Cali and he, again, rudely told me to go find another rental place and walked away. EZ Car Rental needs to work on their customer service and keep track of their inventory.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Called E-Z Rent-A-Car and asked if they rented to underage drivers (18-21). Was assured they did and continued with the rental agreement. The rental agreement says Extras-Underage driver 18-21 and shows the extra fees associated with it. My son arrived at the Orlando E-Z Rent-A-Car counter at the airport and was told they do not rent to underage drivers. He gave the reservation number and the agent refused to help him. I called E-Z Rent-A-Car and told them the situation. I told the agent that my son was stranded at the airport and that I had a rental agreement. I was told that he would make notes in the computer and that their agents in Orlando would work with us. Again my son attempted to rent the car and was told no. What is the purpose of a contract if it means nothing? How can you leave a 19 year old stranded at the airport? I thought contracts were there to protect consumers.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Our underage policy was changed on 12/09/2017 and your sons reservation was booked on 12/13/2017. Before confirming the reservation either you or your son check the box stating that you have read all terms and conditions before moving onto the next page. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Rent-A-Car?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I went to see my son graduate basic military training and even though I had full insurance on my vehicle, they told me that because my insurance ID cards were printed from my computer (aren't the usually nowadays?) that the guards at the base would not let me in unless I had EZ Rent A Car's insurance which was an extra $140. So because I did not want to take a chance of missing my son's graduation, I felt I had to get their insurance or miss his graduation. I am currently trying to get EZ Rent A Car blacklisted by people going to see their loved ones graduating in San Antonio TX. When I told the desk people at the office about my experience upon check in, they even said how they have a few people working there who take advantage of situations. Wish I could give them a negative star!

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. For further assistance please contact our voice of customer team at 407-888-0519 or at vocteam@advantage.com. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I will never rent from this car rental company again. They charged me an outrageous amount. Much more than was quoted when I booked. When I returned the car and asked to speak with the manager I was told I could go inside and stand in line to talk to him. I had to catch my flight.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I booked an E-Z car rental from Priceline, I waited for more than 45 minutes at Denver airport and was picked up for E-Z rental office. But the E-Z representative told that the car was not available to pick up, Priceline representative told that rental company should upgrade free of the cost based on the agreement, but the representative denied that & I kept calling Priceline Customer care & E-Z customer care at midnight for 3-4 hours and waited in E-Z airport office. I asked the representative give me any other car where I don't have to pay much difference & they said, "Only thing we have is SUV & you need to pay ($315 Extra) first time" & later they said I need to pay ($900) for getting the upgrade car. Although Priceline was accepting the New reservation at the same time for the same size car & same was at the E-Z Website, but the representative at the counter just denied to respect those. Please process my refund.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for your review. Reviews such as these provide valuable insight for the successful operation of our company. I will be reaching out to you to obtain more information regarding your issue. Thank you again for your feedback!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Picking up the car was pleasant and quick, the agent was friendly and thorough. Explained the contract so I could understand it. Drop off also quick and easy. Very pleasant experience. There were no issues on the car. The agent at the drop off was also very friendly and quick in the examination.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for taking the time to share your rental experience with us. For E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car customer satisfaction is our main priority and we are very pleased to know that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

This was my second time renting from you, and my last. Service at RDU was so slow, and unprofessional. The hidden charges added to my receipt made this the same price as the more expensive rental companies - and at least at those I'm guaranteed a high quality experience. The clerk was SO pushy about insurance when I declined coverage, and tried a number of dishonest tactics in an attempt to change my mind. The car I got was dirty, and it's alignment was totally off - I didn't feel safe driving it. I'll never rent from you again.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent with the vehicle. For E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car customer satisfaction is our main priority and it is never out intentions to provide our customers with a vehicle that is not up to our company standards. Your experience has been addressed this with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. Once again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

EZ Rent A Car was great. The car was clean and well maintained. Every staff member I saw made eye contact and was friendly and professional. Great price. Good car. Great people. What more do you need when renting a car?

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

The person who set me up with my car made it clear it was impossible to drive in the Denver-Colorado Springs area without hitting toll roads. He told us there is no way to pay these tolls manually as you go through them. And if you don't have the toll pass contraption the rental was equipped for you will definitely be hit with a $25 fine for each missed toll. So, he said I really ought to buy the $10/day pass. Turns out, there are three toll roads in the area but these are easily avoided with little or no delay by using Google Maps. Essentially, E-Z Rental stole $50 (plus tax) from me on my five-day rental. I will never use this company again and am also opting out of Car Rental8, the rental-booking organization that got me linked with E-Z.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

After further reviewing your signed Rental Agreement we found that you signed accepting the optional service of the E-Z Toll program for $9.99 per day plus taxes and fees. With the E-Z Toll program customer may use the express lanes an unlimited number of times during this rental, and we will handle processing and reconciliation for toll payments plus the cost of the toll(s). When the option is declined the customer will be charged the amount of the toll violation(s) plus a $25.00 admin fee per violation. Our optional services are offered to the customer to help them travel at ease. When you signed your Agreement you acknowledged that you had the opportunity to read through the Agreement before signing to verify all charges were correct. Since you signed agreeing to all charges included the E-Z Toll program, a refund is not applicable. We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve him again in the near future.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

The staff there treated me with courtesy and the utmost respect at the beginning and the return ending. Thank you again and I would recommend E-Z car rental to my family and friends. Please keep up the good work. Remember to make it you need teamwork.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I rented vehicle in Denver. There was an issue with the vehicle and your manager and support persons corrected the issue to my satisfaction. The first issue was vehicle was not cleaned from previous user so I was given another vehicle. Second issue was I did not receive a full tank of gas with replacement vehicle. Manager was very professional in dealing with my concerns.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

We had already purchased insurance thru Priceline when we rented the vehicle and then we got to Vegas to pick the vehicle up we were told the insurance wouldn't work and had to buy the company's insurance and other fees. We got charged over 400 dollars more when the car should have been paid for. You can say we got screwed.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Although EZ car is off the airport on Maui, the van was waiting and the ride was short. Pick up was flawless, as was drop-off. Our plane was late, so picked up the car at night. Because it was dark we missed a scratch and small dent when we inspected the car. We called the next morning and were assured that it wouldn't be a problem. Indeed it wasn't and we returned the car, with an explanation. All around a good experience.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Wrong price quoted. Can submit recording of price quoted from customer service person on the phone. Female Night manager was rude. Christian was very rude. And finally Sean was very nice at first but because unreasonable in the end. We even told him we were going to travel a lot with the car for 3 months and they kept having us come in every week more or less to renew or something like that. It became headache after headache of unproportional problems.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

On behalf of AEZ Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and it is unfortunate that our agent was not up to our company standards and did not provide you with the best service you deserved. We thank you for providing us with feedback of your rental experience with us. We take our customers feedback seriously and we have addressed this incident with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements. Once again we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

There is nothing good to say about the pick-up experience. The staff were rude, slow, and incompetent. They couldn't answer simple questions, they pressured us to sign the agreements without being able to view the contract, and we stood in the cold for an hour while they struggled to process the check in. The car itself was in good condition, but when we returned the car we were accused of smoking in it (we are not smokers nor are ANY of our family members), this was far-fetched and exemplified the lack of professionalism and penny pinching that rental companies are notorious for. Don't be tempted by the price, this company is not run professionally.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

On behalf of E-Z Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. For E-Z Rent-A-Car customer satisfaction is our main priority and it is unfortunate that our agent was not up to our company standards and did not provide you with the best service you deserved. We thank you for providing us with feedback of your rental experience with us. We take our customers feedback seriously and we have addressed this incident with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements. Once again we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

My husband and I needed to come to Houston for a second medical opinion recently, and we used EZ Car Rental. There wasn't a rental desk by that name at the airport and no one at any of the other desks, so we went outside to see if there might be a shuttle. After 25 minutes of waiting around outside, I called the only number that was given on the paperwork which was an 800 number to a general office somewhere, not the number for the local office where my reservation was.

After another 15 minutes of waiting on hold, someone finally picked up the line and listened to how dissatisfied I was. She then began to read from a script which was flawed in that she kept telling me to go back into the airport to the rental desk, which was still not there. She couldn't seem to divest herself from this script and kept saying the same thing over and over again. That was all the help she could manage. It was infuriating. I hung up.

So after 40 minutes of completely wasted time, me and my husband the CANCER PATIENT decided to drag our luggage across two large parking lots and a very busy road to the office. Once inside we encountered a toad of a person sitting behind the desk. I told him what we had just gone through and he didn't say a word. He just brought up my reservation and pointed us outside to pick up the car. He was utterly useless and couldn't have cared less. Apparently all you need to get that job is a pulse. It was a horrible experience and there is absolutely no way I'll ever do business with EZ Car Rental again. I've already let my friends and family know to steer clear of that place. At least the car didn't break down.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Excellent customer service, reasonable price and unbeatable compared to other rental company, even thought a car already choose by the company not like the other you can have your choice, the only car rental company I will go for with confident and peace of mind. You will received an email invoice immediately after you returned your car.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Was charged for insurance that I clearly stated I did not want. Like most people I assumed the agent gave me what I asked for and put the paperwork in my file knowing that I would get final receipt upon return. Final receipt was over twice what it should have been. Insurance was more than the car rental per day. Basically told too bad in a very rude way. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

The line was incredibly long due to the lack of staff. It was late night but the staff seemed very unorganized. The people in front of us went to go look for their car and it wasn't there. Then we went to go look for our car and it wasn't there. Turns out someone had stolen the cars from the lot. Probably due to lack of staff to monitor. In addition to that the staff took advantage of our tiredness and frustration and added unnecessary additions to our bill without truly explaining why they added it. It was really frustrating and not E-Z at all to rent the car. I would rather walk then rent a car from there again and we were an hours drive from the airport.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. We are currently looking for ways to improve our customers wait time. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

The first vehicle we were given had high mileage (over 50,000 miles) and was in poor condition (lots of scratches, dings, etc.). A tire pressure warning light came on on day 2. We returned the car as advised by the rental company. The second car was also high mileage but in slightly better condition. A day or two later, a tire pressure warning light came on and we again had to return the car. The agent gave us an upgraded third car and comped us the gas in the vehicle. We appreciated that gesture. The off-site location was not too inconvenient as the airport transfers worked quite efficiently.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

The staff gave me great service in LAX, they made my trip very smooth with all the transaction that needed to be completed and assisted me with the whole process in a friendly manner. Wish everyone to have ''HAPPY HOLIDAYS''. Thank You.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

This was the worst car rental experience I have ever had. The rental office was hard to find, and the wait was really long. Staff repeated what I had already filled out online. Advantage customers were taken care of first. Car return was not guided by any signs about where to leave the car.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

It was odd adjusting to the low number of staff at both the ticket counter and at the car lot. There was only one person at the ticket counter and I had to wait a bit. There was also some confusion over whether we prepaid for our rental. The person who took our reservation over the phone clearly told us we had prepaid but the person at the ticket counter said we had not. There were 2 people in the booth at the car lot. None of them came outside to help me find my car and there was no one to check me out upon departure. It was all electronic check-out. The experience was okay, just not what I expected from a rental car agency.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Rental was clean. Agent offered option of upgrade for $10 extra per day. Agent informed me that local residents had limit of 250 miles for the rental period. When I booked on Travelocity, it indicated unlimited miles. This is the only rental company that has ever limited my mileage.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Overpriced. Car smelled and I wanted to return it for another. Person never got back to me. Had to drive with window down. Parked it and didn't use car. Family member got in and we just took car back and took a family car. Very disappointed. I use Sacramento airport all the time and wont be using your rental again.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

This was my first time using EZ. I was very impressed with the way the associates at check-in were so friendly and helpful and when I turned the car back in it was so easy and the associate was friendly and helped me get checked in and answered any questions I had. I will definitely use them in the future. Big thank you to the entire SLC team!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

The worst car company ever! Do not rent from them. It took two hours of waiting in line to get to the counter. By the time I got there I was too tired to notice the extra insurance they tacked on even though I denied extra coverage. I am guessing that corporate justifies the crappy service by having low prices (which were not that low after they added extra stuff I didn't want). Jerks!

E-Z Rent-A-Car Company Information

www.e-zrentacar.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use