Call toll free
3.07/5

Orlando, FL

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our goal is to provide the best experience possible when renting a car. In 1994, E-Z Rent-A-Car started with nine vehicles at the Orlando National Airport and has now grown to be one of the largest businesses in the rental car industry. We want every step to be easy and efficient while providing the best value for your next vacation or business trip. Call us today!

BBBB Rating
View More View More

1100 E-Z Rent-A-Car Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 8, 2019

The gentleman that checked me in was awesome!! He went above and beyond. Needs a promotion for sure. On the agreement it says Asmeron. The gentleman that checked me out was rude, and short. He treated other customers with more dignity than our vehicle. Don't know if it was because I was a woman with children, but he did not treat us very well. On the agreement it says Ahmed.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

On behalf of E-Z Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. For E-Z Rent-A-Car customer satisfaction is our main priority and it is unfortunate that our agent was not up to our company standards and did not provide you with the best service you deserved. We thank you for providing us with feedback of your rental experience with us. We take our customers feedback seriously and we have addressed this incident with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements. Once again we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Get expert buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Gentleman at counter made checking out car easy. Only issue I had was car given to me was missing back cover of driver’s side mirror- they didn’t note it but I had them put it down as damaged on my paperwork- mirror should have been repaired before going out. Car wasn’t thoroughly cleaned before I rented it, had dirty napkins and bottle caps left from previous renter. Price was fair and checking out was easy as was return.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

We thank you for taking the time to inform us on your recent rental experience. It is never our intentions to provide a vehicle in the manner that our vehicle was given and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent. We have addressed the issue with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements to prevent such an event from happening again. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

When departing the EZ location at Denver Airport, I was asked by the "Security person" if my gas tank was full. I looked at the gauge and told her that the tank was 3/4 full and asked if she wanted to look at the gauge on the vehicle. She said no. Later I looked at the paperwork I had signed to escape the rental location and get on with my vacation. The attendant had written "1/1" as the fuel contents. I felt cheated. It was not a lot of money to return the car full of fuel, and It was my fault I signed the paper, but I felt victimized. I did enjoy the Hyundai Santa Fe that I was upgraded to as the only Hyundai available, as the other models in the car class were Toyotas or Nissans. No thanks. So I guess the next time I need to rent a car I'll just have to think about whether I want to take a chance on your Company again.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for contacting E-Z Rent A Car. After reviewing your Rental Agreement we found that you were not charged for fuel. You signed accepting an upgrade from the standard vehicle you reserved to a mid-size SUV for $10.98 per day plus taxes and fees. When you signed your Agreement you acknowledged that you had the opportunity to read through the Agreement before signing to verify all charges were correct. Because you singed agreeing to all charges, a refund is not applicable. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

During my recent visit to South Florida from Atlanta to visit my sister and my mother who were both hospitalized, I was able to have the professional service of E-Z on my side, in terms of professional service and reliability. I was able to get a car from Fort Lauderdale and get to my sister and mother on the double. Thanks to the substantive service and value of E-Z Rent-a-Car!

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for taking the time to share your rental experience with us. For E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car customer satisfaction is our main priority and we are very pleased to know that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Being a long time E-Z (L&M) customer, I made a mistake during our last visit. After leaving the toll road we always travel I drove through the wrong gate on another toll road. Although I immediately pulled over, telling the attendant my error and offering to pay, he assured me that was not necessary and he would see to it that I would not be charged. Several weeks later an additional E-Z charge did show up on my credit card statement. I called E-Z and explained what happened. I admitted it was my error and was not contesting the extra charge.

My concern was that I would be penalized with some type of surcharge next time I rented from E-Z. The patient, wonderful lady I spoke with stated she very much appreciated my honesty and that my future account with E-Z would not be affected by my mistake. This was good news for me since I have used E-Z (L&M) exclusively for the past decade (and longer) during my 2-3 trips to FL each year and have always been treated very well.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

Thank you Richard, for your review.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Rent-A-Car?

Original review: May 22, 2019

This place is a complete rip off! I rented a car at Orlando airport for 3 days and paid $300 for a Hyundai! Yes you read it right $300! When I booked the reservation the price was around $76. After taxes and fees it was around $100 so I figured the price was perfect. When I get to the counter there was no one there. I had to search for someone who then told me that counter was closed so I had to drag my bags, and my 3 year old to another location. Instantly I was annoyed.

My reservation was for a compact car. When I get there the rep tells me they only have a 2 door car but she will upgrade me to a 4 door for the same price. What she failed to tell me was that there was a $30 upgrade fee, then she asked me if I wanted to pre pay gas. I asked what was the price per gallon. The price was reasonable so I agreed. I returned the car more than 3 qtr tank full. They charged me $49 for gas!! I was livid. They charge for a full tank of gas regardless of how much gas is in the tank when you return it. This is the biggest rip off. I’ve rented at many car rentals and have never heard of such. I take blame because I didn’t fully read the contract, but I trusted in them to have their customer's best interest, but clearly they don’t they took advantage that it was late and that I was in a rush traveling with a toddler.

I have never dealt with such a dishonest company. I gave it one star because I had no other option. I wish I could zero stars. They are not worth half a star. And don’t get the pre pay E-ZPass either because that is another rip off. They charge $10 a day regardless of how little you use. I paid $30 and only used about $5 in tolls again not explained to me. Just told sign here. They didn’t even tell to read before I signed. Again my bad there but I trusted in the company to treat their with the utmost respect and I was fooled. In my prior experience with other car rental they explain everything in detail. I would never rent here again and I would not recommend this place to anyone. It’s no wonder they have a low rating. Their expertise is in ripping people off then blaming the customer. Please listen to the reviews. Oh I was also charged for a different price for the car seat. Don’t rent here!!!

Original review: May 17, 2019

I got a scratch on car, had insurance, filed a claim, never received a callback after multiple calls, and then was charged the highest price. $400 for 3 days. Would never recommend this place. And in fact will be calling today to demand a refund for this poor service and over-charge. Thank you. Terri

Original review: May 16, 2019

After having rented from E-Z several times, with no problems I rented for two days from the Orlando Airport location in January 2019. I did not choose the toll tag option as I am very familiar with the Orlando toll roads and brought the correct change for each booth. I paid each toll on the day of arrival with no trouble, and again upon returning to the airport until I reached the last toll booth and the attendant said it had been charged to the toll tag. Apparently, the tag had been active the entire time without my knowledge, believing that it was the responsibility of E-Z to turn the tag on and off. Upon return, I told the attendant about the problem and she assured me it would be okay since I had paid each toll except for the last one. Two months later, I was charged. I wrote to customer service and have yet to receive a response. I won't be renting from them ever again.

Original review: May 13, 2019

We were scammed by E-Z Rent a Car, Orlando Airport. We have a signed contract stating that we DECLINED the E-Z Toll program. We paid cash for all the tolls in Florida only to find a charge for $82.82 on our credit card the following month for, you guessed it, TOLLS and fees!!! Apparently they did not disengage the toll device so it was registering each time we went through a toll, unknown to us, of course. We disputed the charge on our credit card but our sucky credit card company, Capital One, won't fight for us.

Original review: May 8, 2019

The ladies at the customer service desk were very friendly and a pleasure to talk with. This was much needed after a very long day of canceled and rescheduled flights. Customer service is important to me and has a significant impact on my experience.

What an amazing review!

Their positive attitude influenced you to write the review that totally made my day today! Trickle down positivity is what we like to promote. We would be honored to serve you again in the future. See you again soon?

Original review: May 8, 2019

Great price, staff was very helpful and efficient. The van was perfect. We were upgraded. Gas in California is expensive but we found the vehicle was good on the gas. We will use your company again when in the area. Or in another state if you are there.

Original review: May 8, 2019

The service person was brilliant. He even deftly helped his colleague at the counter with a difficult customer. However, E-Z Car sent me off with a car that - in retrospect - never should have been rented. The car did not have a passenger-side rear view mirror. The check-out person at the gate just had me repeat the fact on the form, and sign it again. I don’t think that the car was safe. It was difficult driving safely without this way to check blind spots, especially when changing lanes. When I checked the car back in, the attendants seemed quite surprised that I had been given a car without a rear view mirror.

Good Afternoon,

We are elated to hear about the great service. We are not so happy to hear about the condition of the vehicle. I will be reaching out to you via private message to obtain more details. Thank you for the review!

Original review: May 7, 2019

Dear, I have not received the notification of the return of the guarantee for USD200 charged on the credit card. When it will be? I need an explanation of why it has not been done. The day the vehicle returns, the receiver assured me that this refund was already in my account and that it would be at most 48 hours. They are already two weeks old and it is not done yet. Regards, Miguel **

Original review: May 7, 2019

My experience at E-Z was wonderful.. The service agent Ahelam was very polite and professional with me.. Not to mention patient. She thoroughly explained everything and understood what was best for me.. The car was clean and my entire ordeal was over in minutes. Will definitely be back to rent with them.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Good service in Seattle Airport. Very good and fast service. Very good car VW Passat as like I have myself. I recommended! Car was nice and works perfect!! Workers was very friendly and professional persons, who knows and want to service as customer want... Very good transport from and to terminals. Super!

Original review: May 6, 2019

Service at EZ counter - very professional - however friendly - especially “representative Damien.“ It was a busy morning and Damien was not flustered, took his time and finished my request. With all the choices available to rent a car, my first choice will be EZ - on all my next visits to your wonderful city Las Vegas.

Original review: May 5, 2019

This was the quickest and easiest car rental I've done. Very pleased with the services I received. I would like to use them again in the future. The only suggestion is possibly letting the client pick their vehicle out. I really liked this when another place did it this way.

Original review: May 5, 2019

The exterior of the car had tape marks where the doors closed to the body of the car. The windows were dirty also. The check engine light came on the first day I had the vehicle, and a call to maintenance number was answered with the instructions that if I was not having problems with the car to just continue using it.

Original review: May 5, 2019

We had concerns. First, the total amount was substantially higher than what we'd understood when we reserved the car. By the time taxes, fees, the fuel program and the EZ Pass were figured in, we were paying nearly $400 for what we'd understood to be about $285 -- and we were told that E-Z Rent-a car was helping itself to a "deposit" of almost that amount in addition, charged against our card. Not good PR. Disclosure should be clear and complete in the reservation agreement, and there should be no additional "deposit" on top of the rental amount, taxes, and fees when the credit card is accepted and the liability agreements signed. The "deposit," while substantial, wouldn't begin to repair a car or deal with a liability situation -- so one must gather its purpose is to sit in the bank with other deposits and accrue interest as a short-term loan.

But two things stand out -- we had pre-paid the weekly rate for a reservation for 4 days and 17 hours, but had to pay more to reserve for an extra day, even though we were now at 5 days, 17 hours, still well within the definition of a "week"; and were were sold an EZ-Pass at more or less $10 per day, with the assurance that it would save us a bunch of money on tolls but there were virtually no tolls to be paid outside the immediate Orlando area. I'm guessing we incurred ten bucks in tolls getting to and from our motels and in and out of the Orlando area, and the nearly $70 we paid for the EZ-Pass was otherwise pure profit. Again, not good PR. You could rent the E-Z Pass on a per-toll basis with a modest processing fee and still make a solid profit, rather than having your renters driving all over Florida seething because they'd paid for something they weren't using.

Original review: May 5, 2019

Accurate and direct information. Smooth and easy to rent a car according to my needs. Return without problems. Full coverage is the best option if you’re traveling and don’t want to bother with minor issues. Staff very careful, educated and available to solve any issue. Nice surprise. Recommend the service that I didn’t know until now.

Original review: May 5, 2019

We rented an SUV in Los Angeles, and the lady at check-in was amazingly nice and talkative and offered unsolicited advice in r/t to driving routes to a few cities; the facility was clean; we didn't have to wait more than 5 minutes to be served. The vehicle was great; car return was super easy; the bus drivers from and to the airport on flight days were very nice. Would recommend and will use E-Z Rent-A-Car in the future for the reasons above. I didn't even mention the price, which I believe was the lowest I could find for the type of vehicle we needed.

Original review: May 5, 2019

This was the best experience I have ever had renting a car. EZ is an appropriate name. Not only was the rental much less than the on airport agencies I was in and out with my keys in under 10 minutes. The gentlemen at the desk was professional and friendly while he got things ready. The car was clean and in good shape, ready to go. On return I just left it with the keys in it and hopped the shuttle. The bill came to me via email an hour later and was as expected.

Original review: May 4, 2019

These racketeers spend 20 minutes with each customer trying to sell CDW and other optional insurance services. They literally will not release the car to a customer until they've spent at least 20 minutes pushing optional services. I had to wait nearly 90 minutes in line behind just four people while the lone agent gave customers the hard sell on these optional services. When it finally became my turn, the agent refused to serve me because I told her at the onset that I would not be purchasing any optional services. I had to wait another 10 minutes for the manager to meet with me before the car was provided. It was just like attending a timeshare presentation.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 30, 2019

We were asked if we wanted an upgrade. Response was no. We were asked if we wanted a free upgrade. Sure. - It wasn't free. We were asked to waive insurance. Yes, Please sign here. We did. We were charged. The bill was $200+ more than expected. We were told it is for incidentals, tolls, etc. and we would be reimbursed when we returned the car. That did not happen. We were also told that we do not need to fill the vehicle up with gas because they get gas cheaper $2.59 per gallon. At least we filled it up prior to return otherwise it would have been $8.99 per gallon. Quote price was $588 actual price 927. Complaint was ignored because we signed.

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your review. Our contracts clearly list all add-ons and charges as well as a final total at the bottom. If you feel the original document you signed did not reflect the final amount charged at the conclusion of your rental please message us. We would be more than happy to look into it rectify any wrongdoing. Thank you again for taking the time to write us a review.

Original review: April 21, 2019

When I picked up my car it was literally pouring down rain in Sacramento, CA. I was soaking wet and cold! Because of this I was in no condition to accurately document all the extensive paint damage to the front bumper of the car. When I returned I BUMPED it into a parking sign sign and left a small white paint for on the left front bumper. While I was trying to take a picture of the existing damage, the argumentative attendant drive the car away, saying was going to get a claim on the damage. I am a retired Navyman with 31 years of enlisted and officer service. I have rented cars literally around the world and have never damaged a car. I will never rent a car from E-Z again, nor will any of my friends or family. I recieved a bill from them for $300.00 and have disputed it with my insurance company, USAA.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 19, 2019

We were booked this car through Hotwire and we're delayed overnight to Denver because of weather. The agent was nice enough, but he talked me into upgrading to an SUV that was "guaranteed" to have AWD (I originally rented a Toyota RAV). After you spend a night in a hotel in another city because of bad weather, I guess I was susceptible to the roads actually being bad. They weren't - the roads were high and drive.

So after paying $60 more than what was needed, the amount charged on my credit card is more than agreed to amount. My phone call was to someone who perhaps English was their second language and they tell me that I brought the car back needing cash. I filled the car to full (past the click) 1 mile from the airport. It seems that EZ-Advantage has a history of overcharging their clients per the San Francisco Chronicle article on 4/17/19. Guess I should have done a better job before trusting Hotwire. EZ-Advantage - you aren't easy and the advantage is what you take from us.

Hi Ted!

Thank you for your review. I will be reaching out to you via private message to obtain your reservation number and look into this for you.

Thank you for your review!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I was delayed for two hour to return the car, because of bad weather in Colorado. It was snow all morning and also so many accident in road. I wish they would have charge some amount instead of whole day charge. Thank you Bijay

Hi Bijay!

I see that you were 2 hours late on your rental return. We have strict return times in place because often times we have customers that will be waiting on a vehicle because we were counting on the vehicle you had to be returned at a certain time.

I have reviewed your contract and have been able to refund you the extra charges in good faith. We hope to be able to accommodate you and your car rental needs in the future :)

Original review: April 16, 2019

Rented the vehicle after seeing an ad on Facebook, and thought that I was going to get a great deal. I actually paid more for the dated vehicle than I have had paid through other rental companies from this Florida location for the same rental time. Not only did I pay a lot more, but I also had an item stolen from the vehicle that was in a personal zipped small wristlet, when I returned it to the rental location from one of their workers and this happened in minutes, I was still at the location when the item that I left in the vehicle was returned but the item inside was gone but didn't notice until I was on the airplane and had not Apple AirPods in my zipped item.

I contacted the company as soon as I noticed the item missing. That was March 29, 2019. To this date, the company has not returned the item or made it right. I know they know who the person was that did it because the person who checked me in has their name on my receipt and he called the guy on a two-way radio who drove the car away from where I parked it. I believe this company needs to make it right. I am so upset about this.

Hi Carolyn,

I am sorry to hear of your experience with us.

After reviewing your rental I can conclude that your charges were more because you accepted and signed for our toll pass and our collision damage insurance for the entirety of your rental. Have you been in contact with customer service regarding your missing items?

Original review: April 11, 2019

Even though the rental location is offsite, the pick up and delivery to and from the airport was efficient and timely. The rental desk person was friendly and helpful and efficient. We would rent there again. The price was reasonable as well.

E-Z Rent-A-Car response

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Your midsize car was smaller than other vendors. I had to upgrade to another vehicle which started the family vacation off wrong. Then the vehicle was dirty inside and smelled like someone had been smoking weed in the vehicle and it was air freshener sprayed over the smell.

E-Z Rent-A-Car expert review by Lauren Fix

E-Z Rent-A-Car started in Orlando with a fleet of only nine cars in 1994. Today, they operate in 20 states, including Alaska and Hawaii, and several foreign countries. Their fleet includes everything from sub-compact cars to large SUVs as well as trucks, vans and convertibles.

• Rewards: Loyal customers can join the company’s E-Z Money rewards program. Consumers can join for free and receive instant discounts. They also earn points that can be used towards future rentals, and there are no blackout dates.

• Younger drivers: E-Z Rent-A-Car welcomes drivers under 25. They rent cars to drivers as young as 18. Those ages 18-24 must pay an additional fee.

• Blog: Consumers can visit the company’s travel blog to read about a variety of destinations as well as travel tips. The company also has free downloadable city guides.

• Discounts: E-Z Rent-A-Car offers special discounts to select groups, including seniors, teachers, police, students and members of the military. Their website and social media pages also features coupons.

• Communication: E-Z Rent-A-Car makes it simple for consumers to contact them. Their website includes an instant chat feature and a “Contact Us” form. The website also clearly lists phone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses for reservations, customer service, toll violations and claims.

• Best for: Vacationers, business travelers, temporary workers and drivers under 25.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

E-Z Rent-A-Car Company Information