toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

E-Z Rent-A-Car

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

We recently made a reservation online with E-Z Rent-A-Car and we had nice interactions with the reps who were easy to work with. Overall, it was very good.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Thank you for contacting E-Z Rent A Car. After further investigation and reviewing your Rental Agreement we found that you signed accepting the optional service of the Supplemental Liability Protection for $14.99 a day plus taxes and fees, the Renters Liability Protection for $15.99 a day plus taxes and fees, and the Fuel program for $27.55. When you signed your Agreement you acknowledged that you had the opportunity to read through the Agreement before signing to verify all charges were correct. Because you singed agreeing to all charges, A refund is not applicable. For further assistance please contact our voice of customer team at 407-888-0519 or at vocteam@advantage.com. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I am extremely angry with E-Z Rent-A-Car in not conducting business with honesty. They are charging me USD414 instead of USD197.46 and giving reason for something didn't take place! One claimed that I returned the car on Aug 22 and another claimed that I needed to pay for fuel. During checking out of my rented car on Aug 17, I was told to pay a refundable deposit of USD200. Upon returning of my car on Aug 20, I was expecting a refund on deposit of USD200. I checked my online credit card statement and I had been charged USD414 on Aug 20. I wrote emails to them with no reply. I decided to have someone called them and obtained reasons for things didn't take place! (1) Extra 2 days rental: Check your CCTV that I had returned the car on Aug 20! And you might have rented the same car out on Aug 20 to another person. (2) Fuel charges: I had paid for fuel package! AA should have a record that I left on Aug 20.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

SERVICE EZ RENTALS LOCATED ONCHAPMAN AND HARBOR ANAHEIM - To all who are concerned this company has failed to produce a copy of my contract because it was removed from the glove box of the rental, as yet to return my cash deposit of 400 dollars. I had insurance and liability required by law through their insurance. The car was returned in a timely matter. All debts have been paid. The manager has been rude over and over again, hung up the phone on me several times and refuses to email me my contract.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

We reserved a Nissan Sentra to pick up at the LAX location on Aug 27. Obtaining the vehicle was not difficult - we did not experience the delays encountered by other reviewers. We were given a Nissan Sentra that appeared to be clean and in reasonably good condition. However, after we had driven a considerable distance from the rental lot, we discovered that the vehicle lacked electrical windows and door locks. This turned out to be highly inconvenient when dealing with passengers. I don't believe we have rented a car lacking electrical windows and door locks since these amenities became generally available back in the 80's or so. I mean, how cheap can you get?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Great price and services... Super people to deal with... Although the airport pick up bus service is not publicized very well, it's easy to catch the shuttle at location #2 just outside the baggage claim at Maui Airport. Short wait and the shuttle shared so don't get confused by the logos... Cheers.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of AEZ Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and it is unfortunate that our agent was not up to our company standards and did not provide you with the best service you deserved. We thank you for providing us with feedback of your rental experience with us. We take our customers feedback seriously and we have addressed this incident with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements. Once again we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I had been told that E-Z Rent-A-Car was within the Jacksonville airport. Not. When I arrived at the counter the young woman was smarmy and sarcastic, and gave me the keys and told me to go "find my car" by using the key fob. When I got on the highway, I saw to my horror that the gas tank was completely empty. I quickly stopped and filled up the tank. As I got back on the highway, a large roach crawled across the dash. When I returned the vehicle, there was a line and the man took my keys, tossed them in a chair and said he would send me an email receipt the same day. I am still waiting. When I arrived at my destination, I called customer service to report the empty tank. I was given a case number and told I would be called within 24 hours. It's been 3 days and I am still waiting.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Rent-A-Car?

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. We are currently looking for ways to improve our customers wait time. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

Car rental reservation made weeks in advance. Arrived at pick up location and the lines were 2 hours. Multiple staff chairs were empty. Not worth the money saved. Don't rent from them unless you like standing in line for hours. This is my second experience with them like this. Horrible company.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Thank you for contacting Advantage Rent A Car. After further investigation and reviewing your Rental Agreement we found that you signed accepting the optional service of the additional driver fee for $12.99 a day plus taxes and fees. When you signed your Agreement you acknowledged that you had the opportunity to read through the Agreement before signing to verify all charges were correct. Because you singed agreeing to all charges which include the additional driver fee, a refund is not applicable.Thank you and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

We had reserved a car through EZ rental car in Orlando. At the airport when we went to pick it up, it was supposed to be 170 dollars, when we finished it was 314 dollars. The attendant at the counter was very rude, never was told about second driver fee that came to 65 dollars for the week. Just seemed not to care. When we went to pick up car it was dirty and full of scratches and smelled like someone tried to cover up smoke. We wanted a full size car, felt like the one we got was too small and they did not want to hear it, then again the people were rude and did not care. It was like you rented it you live with it. I will never rent another car from this place and not recommend it to anyone else.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Made reservation online 5 months in advance. Seemed to be most reasonable price. Car was washed and ready. Had relatively low mileage. Check-in and check-out were both efficient. What I liked most about E-Z Rent-A-Car was that no one in the process tried to up-sell me to a bigger car, or pushed insurance, GPS, toll payer unit, etc., all with higher rental costs. This, alone, makes me want to use E-Z again.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

Employee at MCO in the garage area where car is pick up, name of Margery was so wonderful, our car assigned at the rental desk stunk. She was so nice and helpful of cigarette smoke and she immediately got us another car and even brought it to us, she was so nice and helpful.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

We enjoy renting at E-Z Rent-A-Car. The facility to reserve without a credit card helps us a lot. The cars are new and nice and also very comfortable. The staff on site and customer service are helpful. Check-in and check-out of rental goes smoothly.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I rented a Hyundai Accent for a period of 29 days from E-Z Rent-A-Car at SeaTac. I found the whole experience to be excellent, from picking up to dropping off back at the airport. Staff were pleasant, helpful, and efficient and the rates were the best I could find for what I wanted. The car was new-ish, clean, and just right for my needs. I was very happy overall and would recommend their services to others.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Possibly the worst customer service experience I have encountered. Tardy, unapologetic, unsafe, disinterested, inefficient, rude, argumentative, unaffected, condescending, patronizing, dirty, unethical. You name it, that's EZ Rent a Car. I rented a car from their LAX location on August 9 but understand this to be the case all of the time. Check out their online ratings - they speak for themselves. DO NOT RENT A CAR FROM THIS COMPANY REGARDLESS OF THE PRICE. YOU'LL MISS YOUR MEETING. YOUR VACATION WILL BE UNDERMINED. You Will Regret It.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

Great experience, no pressure for extras, friendly staff at check-in and when I returned the van at the end of the week. Reasonable price too. The amount I ended up paying when I returned the van was exactly what was quoted when I made the reservation several months prior.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I make it a point to consider E-Z Rent-A-Car when I travel... Not disappointed. I do a lot of search when I need to use a car during my excursions. Don't want to pay a lot for RENTAL. I take care of the ride that takes care of me... It's that EZ.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. After further review I found that you were charged for 4 days and 2 hours. I also found that you and your spouse signed accepting the optional service of an additional driver for $12.99 a day plus taxes and fees. When you signed your Agreement you acknowledged that you had the opportunity to read through the Agreement before signing to verify all charges were correct. Because you singed agreeing to all charges which included the additional driver fee, a refund is not applicable. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

EZ Rental Car ABQ - I had a premium car booked and they DID NOT have one and did NOT adjust the price. They charged almost $13 a day for my spouse to drive and did NOT inform me (my BAD) since I already had looked at the contract and then asked them to add her and I did not look at it closely the second time. I turned the car in TWO hours before it would count as the 5th day in the contract and they changed the rate and increased the price by about $60. After discussing this with the manager (Jesse) they finally reduced it about $40 and the manager was VERY rude. He accused me of belittling him simply because I did not agree with him.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. Since this rental was for an affiliate location called TransCanada, we advice you contact them directly for further assistance. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

It was worst rental experience I ever had. They use low rate to lure people and find all excuses to charge more. A lot of rental companies do not have mileage charges but they do. When I said I have insurance at home they asked me to provide insurance certificate? The rental was done at Toronto airport Aug 10 thru Aug 15. For 6 days they charged Can Dollars 707.52. It is about $520. The quote was $266.00 about double. They also charge any days car in US. Never heard anything like this in my whole life. I don't recommend anyone do business with EZ Rent-A-Car.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I had no problems with my 2 rentals this summer. One for 2 weeks, and the second one for 10 days. I will seek their service again in Boston, for Christmas. I'm hoping their rates will be, again, as attractive/competitive as they were this summer.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I rent infrequently and I found out why as I'm nickel and dimed for excessive charges. But it is what it is, I enjoyed my time in Dallas, but I probably will try to make other arrangements for transportation in the future.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I was very impressed with the service I received in renting the car from E-Z at the Miami Airport. The employee was very helpful and fast and accurate at processing the paperwork and credit card. Picking up the card was also a fast process but the attendant was so busy didn't have time to explain how to leave the airport. His directions did not help out. Returning the vehicle was also a fast process and I dealt with a well mannered young man. Thank you E-Z. I will definitely look for your rent a car in my next opportunity to travel.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

Thank you for taking the time to share your rental experience with us. For E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car customer satisfaction is our main priority and we are very pleased to know that you enjoyed our service. Your feedback is very valuable to us therefore, we have discussed your experience with our Management Team to keep up our world class service. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

The whole experience was very pleasant. Everyone knew what they were doing and were very nice about it. When I left my laptop in the car, Rose was nice enough to drive it to the airport for me. I've never seen that kind of service before, certainly not from the big companies. I would not only use them again, but I highly recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I was treated with patience and thoughtfulness! E~Z Rent-A-Car paid careful attention to my needs and wants for our dream car! Upon arrival they helped us to find the car that we desired, though it showed not available online. Both pick up and return were quick and easy, due to the attentiveness of the employees. I am grateful their extra effort made for a phenomenal vacation with our Jeep! Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

We were pleased with the quick and efficient process to rent, the price was cheaper and we loved the vehicle. Easy return process. We'll use E-Z again! I think I may have left my hooded, long blue light jacket at the E-Z for Denver Airport. Please contact me if it was found???

Staff there is really nice and friendly. When we got the car they show us everything. Nice people. Then when we return the car nice people too... love it. Last time we rent the car from Hertz they are really had a bad customer service. We get to airport then they don't have a that car we booked then they give us a different car and charge us $30 more.

On July 12, 2017 my niece and I experienced a problem with the rental car company that we had reserved in Orlando, Florida. We decided to go to another company. We decided to talk to the agent at your desk. The agent and his supervisor worked very hard to get us into a reasonable car. We were very pleased that your fleet had a new car available for us. The service we received from your company was THE BEST. I would highly recommend your company to family and friends. Thank you so very much.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Sign in was easy and fast, car was excellent, new with less than 900 miles. Great staff that were helpful and not pushy. Price was reasonable and cheapest for Seattle. Highly recommend them and will use them again in the future. No problems or issues.

I was very pleased dealing with the employees who were courteous and professional both on the desk and the car location. I would recommend EZ car rental to everyone who might ask. The transaction was quick and efficiently done. I will certainly consider future rentals from EZ.

Great price and great service. Car was clean. Easy in easy out. I would recommend your car company to all my friends and family. I wish this was you had more location to rent from. You have the best company in the market. I rent at least 10 times a year and I look forward to renting from your company again.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I had reserved a small car, but I had to take larger and more expensive car. This was due to the fact that I took an earlier flight and arrived at the rental car location early. I was told that a economy car was not available. Not only did I have to pay more, but I also had to drive around in a dirty car. The vehicle had not been cleaned.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Outstanding work, every time when I need the rental car Johanna and the coworkers are very polite and friendly with all the customer. GREAT PEOPLE!!! Also is a lot a cars to choose and the prices with E-Z rental are acceptable to everyone.

E-Z Rent-A-Car

On behalf of E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you underwent while renting with us. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with us. Because we take your feedback seriously we are currently addressing these issues with our Management Team to make all of the necessary improvements for the convenience and enjoyment of our valued customers, such as yourself. For further assistance please contact our voice of customer team at 407-888-0519. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Car was fine. Just not very clean. Windows had so much water spots could barely see out the side mirrors. We believe my daughter left her blanket in their crowded hot lobby or bathroom. Tried to contact the company and got no response. My daughter was devastated.

E-Z Rent-A-Car Company Profile