Turo

Compare Transportation & Rideshare Apps

Research top Transportation & Rideshare Apps recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The app uses a similar interface as the other apps. The app is simple to use and doesn't take much effort to book a ride and save money. The app pricing isn't that bad, they charge a flat rate along with a mileage rate. It's good to use when having a night out or having to go somewhere with limited parking. Most people use similar vehicles. You can choose different vehicles for extra if you have more people using it. The vehicles are usually in good shape and dependable. Also, the safety of the app is pretty good, but like with everything there is always a chance of danger. You have to try select your driver carefully just so you don't end up with someone sketchy.

The app is very easy to use with navigation. I enjoy exploring the site and getting a feel of what it does overall as an app. It also had a variety of options to choose from. They explain in great detail about the vehicle and prices and they have pictures to give you a visual. It's not exactly cheap or high but sort of in the middle but it's still really good. The app is very safe. They take super precautions to make sure everything is extremely secured and hassle free and they have a lot of security monitors.

Turo made it easier to rent a car with the their app. Even though most of the cars were rented for the holidays, I was still able to rent one. The car wasn't the best I could have got for my money, but it did get me from point a to point b. It was safe enough although the pricing could have been a little more reasonable especially during the holiday seasons. If I had not been in a hurry I might have looked around for a better deal.

It is very convenient to use and easy to operate. It is more informative and more readable so I like it very much and no other app can replace it or reach this purpose. The vehicle options is good but generally it's a little more slumb so it need improvement. Also, the price is a little high but it is acceptable for our normal users. It would be better if it could be a little cheaper. The designer need more attention to improving its service safety since it is more important too now.

Turo is very easy and convenient for use. It leaves a detailed instructions on how to use the app that even a two told can understand, if not, you can very easily read the instructions in pure detail explaining how to. For the vehicle options, try it out for yourself and see if it leaves you with a smile on your face. It also gives you a few different price options to whether pay for one month or one year or five years along with a guarantee of satisfaction and the quality of their services. Moreover they put the s in safety when it comes to information being protected 100% thru their site and if you have any issues bring it to their attention.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Turo?

Vehicle Logger is the easiest and simplest way to create, share and report vehicle logbooks for mileage, fuel, expenses, and tax purposes. It is very easy to install to the device and operate as you wish. It is very helpful and very interesting app. Very safe for our date and very trustworthy. Also, it is great good value. Can add pricing templates and link these templates to app prices or in-app product prices.

I believe that it was a really great app to use for many things and I would recommend it for so many people. My family uses it most of the time and so do I and my friends but it can be glitchy a lot so you would most likely hate ads and glitches. The price is okay. Maybe if it was free more people would buy it or use it a lot more and it has many uses but always has to cost so much money. Most apps are free or 0.99 dollars which I would like for this. The safety is amazing, great and fabulous. I mean seriously it is so good who wouldn't want any safety not me of course but yeah good app. And most people would love to have safety and be safe on the internet.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Turo is a car rental marketplace for travelers in the United States and Canada who can choose to rent cars from nearby owners. The company was founded in San Francisco in 2009.

• Car pickup or delivery: Most cars booked with Turo can be picked up, but owners may offer delivery service at their discretion.
  • Insurance: Turo covers each car with liability insurance up to one million dollars. Extra insurance is available for renters to purchase.
  • Security considerations: Cars listed on Turo must meet the company‚Äôs roadworthy requirements. Likewise, renters are screened through various profiles to ensure they will take care of their vehicles.
  • Turo Valet: Turo Valets are set up at both SFO and LAX airports for travelers to pick up their reserved vehicles as soon as they get off their planes.
  • Turo OpenRoad: Turo OpenRoad is a community of people dedicated to policy regarding peer-to-peer car sharing. Consumers can join the community to stay up to date on political regulation and other current issues that affect car sharing.
  • Best for Turo is best for vacationers in the United States and Canada who want to rent a specific car directly from the owner.

Compare Transportation & Rideshare Apps