It's that easy Request Information
3.93/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

WHERE LOCAL HOSTS PROVIDE YOU WITH THE PERFECT VEHICLE FOR YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE

Turo is a car sharing marketplace where guests can book any car they want, wherever they want it, from a vibrant community of local hosts across the US, Canada, the UK, and Germany. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership.

A pioneer of the sharing economy and travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community over 10 million strong with more than 350,000 vehicles listed and over 850 unique makes and models. Whether it’s a truck to help out on moving day, a Mercedes-Benz for a luxurious weekend away, or a classic VW bus for a picture-perfect road trip, Turo lets you book cars that are part of a story, not a fleet.

View More View More

792 Turo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Rental car companies can take a long time waiting, give you a lesser car than you thought, try to upsell you on more of a car you don't need, and put a massive hold on your credit card beyond the actual cost of the rental. Turo allowed me to communicate with the renter easily, I received a text upon plane landing where to find and how to unlock the car.

Options to pick up and their location or pay a nominal extra fee to have it waiting at the airport for ease! The App was awesome to help take pictures of all the current damages and dash readings making me feel a little better than the general walk around and let us know if its ok from the rental companies. Will definitely use again!

Get expert buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I could not have asked for better service... met us with the car at the curbside right on time and did not require a ride anywhere. We went over the car together and we were off. The car was well maintained, full of fuel, and we were off. They even came and picked the car up. It was a seamless experience and about 1/2 the cost of a car rental agency. Would highly recommend!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

As of February 2019, this was my first experience with using TURO and it was a great one. I needed a specific car that the regular big car companies couldn’t guarantee me with, so I went with TURO. It was easy to check out the vehicle, communicate with the vehicle owner, and start/lock/unlock the rental car all on the TURO app. I utilized the TURO-GO feature on my first experience and it made the hassle of worrying about a key futile. Overall great experience and I would definitely use TURO again in the future!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

When visiting Florida for a wedding, I wanted something fun rather than a standard grey sedan from the rental counter. For the same price (or even less) I got a Dodge Challenger R/T. It was the perfect car for the occasion and definitely turned heads. The process was simple in renting, payment and communication. I actually ending up just texting the owner after we exchanged numbers, and he was very accommodating after my flight was delayed and we had to push the airport delivery off - Airport delivery is great! He just pulled up in front of the baggage claim and we drove off. I think Turo is a great idea and with a Nationwide Insurance card, I felt safe. I have recommending this service to friends and co-workers alike, and will definitely use in the future!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

This was my first time using Turo and it could not have been easier. All the costs were clear and up front. No surprises. Picking up from the host was easy and he was kind. He showed me around the car before sending me off. The X1 I rented was a dream to drive in the snow. If I could do an entire Consumer Affairs review on it, I would. I absolutely loved it. I guess the beauty of Turo is that users like me can drive these unique cars that I typically wouldn’t rent from Hertz or Enterprise because it would be too expensive. My 3 day trip, 600 mi limit came to $220 after all taxes and fees. I definitely will be using Turo the next time I take a trip to the snow.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Turo?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

We borrowed a Tesla for the day and it was a blast! The website was easy to use and the whole transaction went smoothy. We looked up pricing at rental car companies for our upcoming summer vacation and Turo is cheaper, will use again!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Had a great experience using the Turo App and saved hundreds of dollars while getting my primary vehicle repaired. It was simple and easy! I picked up and returned the vehicle at the scheduled times and transaction was almost effortless.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

First time user. Could not have went smoother. Great communication. Paul and his wife were great. Will use again. A+. Truck was just what we needed and the mile allotment per day worked out perfect. Airport pick up and drop off was very convenient.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Last year I tried out Turo for the first time and had a horrible experience but I was in desperate need of a rental car. I tried renting a car from other companies but their employees were rude and unhelpful. So I decided to give it Turo another chance and I found a great car in less than an hour. I was able to pick up the car within an hour of requesting and I was able to extend my hours with car. The owner was so nice and understanding. I will definitely use again in the future.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Was a great experience. He was punctual, the car was clean and ran well. However one of the engine lights came on later and the tires needed air. Took care of it ourselves. No problem returning it. He was right there.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

This was my first rental reservation and it was a very great experience. The Turo app walks you through everything step by step to make the experience super easy. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to try it as an alternative to the standard rental process.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I just used Turo.com for the first time. Overall it was a very good experience. Saved probably $200. I was a bit befuddled when we arrived at the Sky Harbor airport and had not received my text to instruct me where to pick up the car. But it was already in the app, which, as a 57 year old, was a little difficult for me to maneuver through. I would have preferred the text sent to my cell phone for sure! But I understand this is a Turo thing, no fault of the renter. Never saw anybody... it was all done via the app, which was unusual, but at least I didn't have to put up with the upselling at the rental car counter.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

We have used TURO in the past and it was a great experience. This trip was even better due to the driver coordinator we worked with (Allyssa **). She was always on time and very considerate. I will be using TURO this coming fall and hopefully, Allyssa will be available to assist us.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

The price was better than the rental companies which is a positive experience. It’s also more convenient since we had curbside service at the airport baggage claim sidewalk. :) The app is user-friendly and communication with the hosts is fantastic.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

This was my first time renting a car. It was easy to book the car. Great customer service! If I would send a message to the organization they responded in a timely manner. Definitely plan on renting from this company in the future.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Like probably many apps for those of us that are not so appt savvy it is a challenge to use. The one thing I find with many is the fact that there seems to be NO logical direction to follow to get from point a to point b. The sites bounce around with lots of information Marion that isn’t pertinent to the objective. I have no suggestions on how to fix but just a personal observation. One other observation, there seems to be no set way that those renting vehicles follow. It seems to be left up to each on how to design deliver and return procedure. I do like the service and will use often.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Edward was prompt and a great communicator. The car was in tiptop shape and he made the process easy even when we needed to change our plans slightly. This was the first time I use Turo And I wasn’t so sure that I would like the style of car rental. I would rent from Edward again. Had one of the funnest days of my life.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Awesome! Professional and accurate. My host were the absolute best. They went above and beyond their call of duty and I greatly Appreciate it. I would definitely recommend my host to my friends and I would also like to utilize the same host every time I visit Arizona. They were friendly, helpful and prompt.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I chose a 2010 Cadillac SRX for my trip. The app was EZ to navigate. Clear instructions on what to do list to pick up and return the vehicle. As you would think one is required to replace fuel used, wash the vehicle and tidy the interior and return the vehicle to the spot where you picked it up. Heavy penalties await if you ignore these requirements. Being late is a big no-no. Your instructions are sent to your APP, TEXT including the code for the lockbox on the tailgate. No human except you. $179.87 for a 2010 CAD SRX. Clean, ran perfect and a pleasure. The vehicle's owner is always available to you by phone, text, and APP. I'll be back!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

The rental was great no problems. Tim Dahle Nissan did a great job. The SUV was just as described. The pick up was very easy as well as the drop off. The cost compared to standard rental was a great value. I will do this again. Thanks.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Everything went well except I the driver requested $50 to clean vehicle. The vehicle was delivered relatively dirty - I added to this and did not realize I should have taken it through the wash. The requested $50 felt unreasonable. Other than that, it was a cool experience and I prefer Turo to traditional rental operations. Better selection, value, and experience overall.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

First time ever using Turo and everything was so easy. Didn't have to wait in line for anything. Van broke down but vehicles break down, nothing you can do. It was perfect for what we needed. It was real easy getting a hold of person we needed and they handled the tow company and everything. Will use again. It was a almost perfect trip.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I really enjoyed the service. Zion was very helpful and accommodating which is a plus for customer service. I was able to contact him when needed and he was there to assist. I love the unlimited mileage which is always perfect for a rental car.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Great experience! Would rent again and let my friends and family know. The car had great features and good on gas. Pick up and drop off was at a great location. Celeste was reachable for anything I need if there was a problem. She responded back quickly.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Like Turo. It's a good service. Well worth the money the one we rent from work with you. The cars are in real good shape, newer, good on gas. They don't call to check on you. Good for traveling the city when you have no car.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

We rented for a golf trip in Phoenix. Renter picked us up curbside at the airport, and dropped us off at the end of our trip. He was friendly and accommodating. This was my first Turo experience, and it was smoother than I anticipated. I would recommend using this as a car rental option.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

It’s easy to make a reservation. You can find airport or neighborhood locations and choose from a wide range of cars, including vans, sports cars and electric vehicles. One great service is they can deliver the car to you! It redefines the entire car rental experience.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Fun time in Fargo ND at hockey tournament. The minivan I rented was great. Fit the whole family with hockey gear! Pick up and delivery was perfect. Matt, the owner, was super nice and accommodating. Everybody wanted to ride in the minivan! Just a great experience.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Everything went well with the ride and the car was perfect! However, finding the drop off and successfully dropping the car off at the airport hub was very difficult and made me miss my flight. Turo needs more indicators to direct you to the valet lot, also needs to provide options for easier drop off than 6 am.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Several months before a ski trip I rented a truck for $450 for the trip. The day before my reservation was cancelled. There was nothing else available on Turo. I called customer service, and was told they would call me right back. No one ever did. I tried calling and emailing, hoping someone would be able to help me find a vehicle. Nothing. I had to look elsewhere. There were no SUVs available anywhere with 12 hours until I departed. Ultimately, I for a van from another company for $1500. It was the only vehicle that could seat 5 and carry skis. It was the only choice I had. Choosing Turo to save a few bucks cost me $1050. First they offered me a $40 rental credit. That's wildly short of adequate.

After being bounced around to 4 different people in customer service, I was finally told that they would send me a check for $150 - I had to claw this tiny amount from them. So, I'm still out $900, and felt like nobody at Turo cared about me as a customer. If you rent from Turo to save money, you probably don't have an extra $900 to throw away. They had a opportunity to go the extra mile and end up with someone singing their praises, instead I am here warning others. I would be very wary if something happened on your trip as well based on my experience.

Turo expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Turo is a car rental marketplace for travelers in the United States and Canada who can choose to rent cars from nearby owners. The company was founded in San Francisco in 2009.

• Car pickup or delivery: Most cars booked with Turo can be picked up, but owners may offer delivery service at their discretion.

• Insurance: Turo covers each car with liability insurance up to one million dollars. Extra insurance is available for renters to purchase.

• Security considerations: Cars listed on Turo must meet the company’s roadworthy requirements. Likewise, renters are screened through various profiles to ensure they will take care of their vehicles.

• Turo Valet: Turo Valets are set up at both SFO and LAX airports for travelers to pick up their reserved vehicles as soon as they get off their planes.

• Turo OpenRoad: Turo OpenRoad is a community of people dedicated to policy regarding peer-to-peer car sharing. Consumers can join the community to stay up to date on political regulation and other current issues that affect car sharing.

• Best for: Turo is best for vacationers in the United States and Canada who want to rent a specific car directly from the owner.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs