2.93/5

334 Turo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

This company is a fraud. You make one simple mistake such as one wrong number on your bank info and they say you are submitting a fraud account. The customer service suck. At first there is no one to speak with and then you call be 2 or 3 times later someone answers the phone. The guy I spoke with told me that they will make the corrections and end up sending an email denying me. Then to top it off they message me again and ask that I upload my ID and the correct bank card and I did. After doing all that they still denied me. I think this company is FRAUD and needs to be reported to the BBB!!!! Don't rent or trust this company!!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I rented a car back in August. It is now October and I have yet to have my calls/emails returned from their customer service after they charged me for damages on a car that I did not do. They conveniently charged my card for hundreds of dollars after my trip and will not give me any reason on why they are charging me. It has now been two months and I cannot get any information from anyone at Turo. This is a scam company and I would not recommend them to anyone.

Get expert buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I recently signed up to try Turo and within 2 days of activating my new account, I realized made a mistake in my name. I talked with a rep at Turo through their chat option and was told a name modification was a simple request that can be easily made by emailing a request. After emailing my request, I received a response that not only would they not make the MINOR correction but that they deactivated my account. That if I felt that was an error on their part to send a picture of my driver's license, as well as a picture of me next to my driver's license. I thought that was a bit much for the minor correction I was asking for but I obliged and sent them both those requests.

I was then asked for more proof including a copy of one of my utility bills. Huh?!! They asked for almost 6 types of ID verification for me asking that 3 letters in my name be corrected. Not to mention, my driver's license that I sent them to originally verify my identity says the EXACT same thing that I was requesting them to correct my name in my profile to read. The profile name was mistakenly misspelled. How about the real issue should have been why did they allow me to start a new profile with a different name than what was in my driver's license ID? How about they dropped the ball by not catching that when I first signed up?!! Ummm... You do the math. SMH.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Slowest customer service and I still haven't heard if I am "approved" to rent a car yet or not and it's been 5 days. I am a 39 year old professional women with no insurance claims or criminal history. I ended up renting with Hertz (via Priceline.com) for my upcoming trip. Took less than 2 minutes to rent a car this way and the customer service was quick and nice. Ended up paying 1/2 of what I would have had I rented a similar car on Turo. My experience with Turo has been extremely frustrating and left me feeling pretty suspicious. When you take so much personal info from a person and then vanish with it, one can only suspect that renting cars is actually a front for identity theft.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I had a awful experience with Turo. I had opened a account with Turo after due verification and I have also have rented once before I booked a car on 10-13 and I took the car for few miles, before which the car owner called me and said I need the car back, as the Turo agent gave a wrong info that my account is not verified. I Had paid for Uber to reach to pick the car and also to come back. Turo is not reimbursing the amount, Just the previous day, I had booked the trip and it got cancelled by the host. I'm having a awful experience, and there is no help with the customer support. All my time and money is wasted in Turo. Somebody has to sue them and help us. I have all the proof to sue them. My email ID in Turo is **.

\

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Turo?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

My "Fun" started off the day I was leaving for my trip that I had booked 9 months in advance. I received an email as I was boarding my flight that the seller had canceled my rental due to the previous renter damaging the car. (Ok I get accidents happen.) Then the email stated, "A representative will reach out to you shortly to help you." So I emailed back telling them to consider this critical and to call me. When I arrived at the airport and checked messages they had not contacted me or attempted to. So here I was 1500 miles from home with no transportation.

I went to 5 different rentals places to only have them tell me "Sorry, sold out." I was freaking out, My wife called them and they basically said, "Sorry for your luck," and refused to find me a suitable replacement. I finally found a company to rent me a car for 5X the amount I had paid Turo! It was 36 hours later I got an email asking me if I wished for them to help me find a car. I ripped them a new one But they graciously paid me back and gave me $75 to use towards my next rental HAHAHAHAHA.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

First of all, if anyone is reading this DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY! They are FULL of false advertisement and they list UNSAFE vehicles for people to rent. I have tried to rent cars from them TWICE, and both cars were unsafe to drive. First car needed brake pads. Brakes were horrendous! They ended up towing the car for me. Their customer service had promised me a new car before their closing hours and they were dishonest. Never heard back until we contacted them and said their agents were closed so they tried to give us a new car which the 2nd car they gave me has electrical wires coming out of the front and did not have a console and windows that rolled down! Mismatched doors. It was a car out of an impound lot! They refused to give me a refund on any of this AFTER they had promised a full reimbursement. This completely ruined our trip as we were in a tight timeline and half our trip was spend dealing with this unreliable company.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Customer service is absolutely horrible!!! I am no longer interested in Turo! 90% of the reviews online are bad! I have been trying to rent from them for months now, and everytime I try I received error messages. I meet all requirements and when I try to get customer support they give me a complete run around! I have provided a plethora of my personal information to Turo (probably even to much information), and I'm still not accepted! I would recommend going to a regular car rental place with credentials.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

We rented a 10 yr old Mercedes Benz from a Turo host for the very first time just outside of San Francisco airport. We had to pick it up in the garage he works in in Millbrae. We drove it to St Helena where we stayed for two nights and tooled around the area to go to a couple of vineyards, dinners etc. Brought it back to the owner on time, in the same shape we got it...unremarkable two days with the car...drove fine. Next day he texts and says the wheel is bent and rubbing against the shock strut and how do we want to take care of this? WHAT?! We didn’t hear any scraping, or smell any rubber, or feel any vibration in the steering wheel the whole time we had the car. When we dropped it off he inspected it and we handed the keys to him and left. He filed a claim and now we are disputing. Stick with the normal rental companies. It’s a free for all at Turo. Never again.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I live in Baltimore and was referred to this site for my trip in LA. Well after going through the whole process giving my licence and address to this company I was then later denied to use this service and they never told me why. I have been renting cars for 20 yrs and I have never been through this. Very unprofessional to take people info, store it and then deny them. So I booked with Enterprise as always and in LA driving. I will never recommend Turo to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

BEWARE when you rent using Turo. They allow their host to treat you unfair and overcharge you. And if you don't pay you will not be allowed to rent again until you pay the extra money. I rented a car for 30.00 dollars but when it was over I was told that I owe another 180.00 dollars. They do nothing about you getting your vehicle late. The customer service is a waste of time because they do nothing and agree with whatever the host say. BEWARE BEFORE YOU RENT WITH THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

We just returned home from a family vacation in the Chicago to Northwoods Wisconsin area and were very happy to work with Eric through Turo in Chicago. From the timeliness of pick up to the smooth return, the trip was exceptional. I would say, based on the other negative reviews, the experience has much to do with the owner/renter relationship. The savings alone will keep us coming back to Turo for our car rentals.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Turo has THE worst customer service. We had an issue with our reservation and account so chatted with support. Waited an hour to get help. 20 minutes in they said to try texting for faster support. I didn't get a response to my text for 3 hours. Then after a full on interrogation into my life, they asked for pictures of my ID, of my credit card, of a utility bill, pay stub and travel documents. The agents were rude and condescending. And in the end? They denied my membership but couldn't tell me why. What a joke. Probably an identity theft ring. Stay away.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I signed up with Turo, booked a car and then was told I was not approved. The funds were already taken from my account and they said the refund would take 3-5 business days to return my funds on a vehicle I was unable to obtain. I would never recommend this service to anyone. I usually use Avis but wanted to give them a try. I will continue to use Avis as long as they are available where I am located.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I booked a ride with Turo yesterday 9/23. I lost my license but had a photo of the license that I lost and a CA ID. I arrived at the meetup site and the host would not let me begin the trip. He stated that if I obtained an interim license the next day he would allow me to begin the trip. I completely understood that request and complied. I submitted a copy of the interim license to him this morning 9/24. The host still refused to release the car. Turo refused to assist me on this matter. Turo refused to issue a refund. Turo refused to direct me to their legal department who I will have to find a way to contact on my own. Worst customer service ever. Completely irrational standpoint. An Interim license IS a valid license. Go to Hertz.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

What a farce this company is! We wasted 5 hours with them and then they declined membership! I was trying to rent 3 cars and pay for all three ~ they verified me and my funds ~ it was a gift to my children while traveling in Hawaii. They wanted me holding the credit card, me holding my id and the same for my children (adults). My son actually was using his own credit card! They then wanted copy of utility bill, copy of paystub and a copy of travel itinerary! Remember ~ we are trusting them that someone will actually meet us with the car and they are all in Mexico or somewhere. I booked with Enterprise for just $50 more per car and unlimited mileage. This Turo is a zero in my book!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I booked a car in Turo and I paid $245 for 9 days. The owner of the car canceled the trip, and Turo charged me $210. They told me that paper license is not accepted even though it is valid in the state of Illinois. I got the paper license from DMV, but they didn't accept it. I sent the owner my previous driving license telling him that I applied for my new driving license, but he didn't accept it. The owner of the car canceled the trip several hours after I booked it. He could do that in the first hour so that I can get a full refund, but he didn't. Turo customer service phone number does NOT work. I want to share my bad experience with police to see if I can get my money back.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I will never ever recommend Turbo to anyone. Do not be fooled by low prices. I rented car 3 times and everything was going fine. One fine day after I booked a car for 107$, at last minute Turo told me that paper license won't be accepted (even though it is a perfectly valid legal document by state of California). They not only denied the trip they refused 107$ stating that I should have carried photo I'd license. I told them that it is perfectly fine with whatever policy but since they allowed 3 trips, it is their mistake but they refused to reimburse the money. Please be careful renting from this app. Enterprise or Budget rentals are always better and safe.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I signed up with Turo online to rent a car. All seemed to go well. I submitted all my personal and banking information, even took and submitted the necessary 'selfie'. Approved, I selected a car and even spoke to the owner of the vehicle about the meetup. Then, shortly thereafter, I receive notification that I was summarily rejected, my acceptance was rescinded with no explanation whatsoever. What's more, I was informed by text that I could appeal (grovel) by taking another selfie holding my driver's license and credit card and provide a bill in my name and other debasement. I feel humiliated. Although I appreciate cybersecurity and fraud prevention, treating (some?) customer prospects like criminals is not how business should be conducted. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone, ever.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I’ve now had 3 bad experiences in a row with their customer service which leads me to believe the company getting worse.You cannot get a support number without going online and filling out a form. Then you sit in hold for a while until someone from the Philippines answers. There used to be US based people that could help. Now I just get idiots who have no idea what they are doing. I tried having to call support now because they do such an poor job. I would consider looking for other options if you’re looking to rent out your car.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I signed up with this company, saw great deals for half the cost of rental companies and all seemed really awesome, even got a text from the car owner. They verified some info about me during the sign up and all checked out and was verified. I proceeded to rent the car, made payment, received a confirmation email stating my rental. Two days later I receive an email from Turo stating that I was declined membership for unknown reasons and I would be refunded in 3 to 5 days. I proceed to google the phone number which I called and was disconnected. I then used the chat option on their website and was told to reply to the email. I then replied to the email and received a response that I was denied membership and my account was closed due to reasons that they will not disclose due to the efficacy of the verification process, but if I wanted to appeal the decision then I can.

So I again asked the reasons why so that I may appeal, which they again replied that they reserve the right not to disclose the reason why. How do you appeal a decision without knowing why. Too much effort for me to save $100 dollars. I then read in the terms that they conduct credit checks, insurance score, criminal background check, personal reference check and I’m sure I read somewhere a DNA test. Of course I’m joking about the DNA. I don’t have to do all this at a traditional car rental company. Then more so not disclose the reasons why it would still encourage me to appeal. Nope not doing it!! Seems like a scam to get your info!!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I had a very frustrating experience with Turo and wanted to let fellow drivers know why I strongly recommend against using Turo: If you drive a Turo car and the Turo host receives any erroneous toll violation, the host pays it right away with substantial administrative fees tacked in, even before letting you know and letting you contest the toll with EZ Pass. Turo then directly deducts the toll from drivers credit card on file, without letting the driver dispute the charge.

I got charged over thirty times what was rightfully due because of this: I carried my EZ Pass transponder throughout the journey and on one toll booth, the sensor failed to read my transponder. Note that this is not a rare occurrence. So be forewarned that you may get charged of hundreds and hundreds of dollars and will be given no option to contest the charges, even when you are not at fault. All Turo Customer Support team got back with was: "I completely understand where you are coming from, but my hands are tied based on the policies that you agreed to. All further responses will be read but not responded to."

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Absolutely floored at the money grab attempt after turn in. Car was returned in better condition than received. Everything on turn-in checklist was followed exactly. For the owner of the vehicle to not expect the slightest amount of surface dust on floor mat after 500 miles in a dusty desert environment is beyond ludicrous. This is my first time using your service and will be my last. I have received the owner's pictures of the "vehicle damage" and am completely dissatisfied that you could assess a fee that was more than the original rental. I was skeptical from reading the online reviews of Turo and from my first and only experience I can definitely see why there is an overwhelming amount of dissatisfied users.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Turo declined my account due to my insurance score. When I contacted them and provide them with my TransUnion Score of 870 out of 950, they changed their tune and stated they needed to confirm my identity. This company seems like it has not internal guidelines or standards to follow. Based on my experience it seems like the employees make up the rules as they go. I understand the safety and security measures are there to protect both the owner and the renter. For this reason they should guidelines for employees to follow when approving or declining applications. My driving record is perfect. No accidents or tickets for the past 30 years.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

The owner (rents a fleet of 14 luxury vehicles) of the vehicle I rented in Orlando, Florida recently took advantage of the fact that I inadvertently forgot to take photos of before and after readings of the odometer. He even texted me to see if I took a picture of the odometer to check before filing a fraudulent claim. He submitted a claim for over $600 to get reimbursed for excess mileage. He submitted a before and after picture of the odometer reading which clearly shows that he used a tool to change the odometer in the after picture since it didn’t have the second odometer reading below to show how many miles I actually traveled. I provided other evidence from my Life 360 app that proves that I clearly drove under the allotted 300 miles. Turo ruled in my favor and stated that the case was closed and did not charge me the fee.

The next day, I received a charge for over $600 on my credit card on file. The customer service representative stated that his supervisor overturned the ruling without my knowledge and charged my card without giving me another chance to refute the charges. Now they are saying that they will escalate the matter to a specialist which I have not heard from in several days. I have taken up the matter with American Express to file a dispute and have gotten my attorney involved to file a fraudulent claim by the owner and a fraudulent charge by the company. I am looking to file a class action lawsuit to hopefully prevent this company from allowing scam artists to do this to other unsuspecting individuals.

Don’t rent from this company. They give the owners the benefit of the doubt and who use these vehicles to scam you since it is very difficult for them to make any real money through the services that they are trying to provide. Good concept but very poorly executed and bad service all around. It is unfortunate that my first two experiences trying this out were very positive and had to experience this last one.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Extremely disappointed at Turo's customer service. Be aware that everything will look fine and they will be extremely friend until you finalize the transaction and deliver the car, then they will find ways to forcefully make you pay for extra fees. Besides having had some technical problems with the car I rented, but having being flexible and not even having complained formally (just having told the car owner directly at the delivery site; to be considerate since it was the first time I was using the APP and didn't want to put the car owner in hot water). When the delivery day arrived I texted the car owner and we set a time and a location for the delivery that was convenient for him, btw very very far from my neighborhood, but it’s ok. We three (my friend and the car owner) would have dinner since we felt it was a chance for a good conversation.

The car was delivered and everything was fine until having received an email from Lucrecia (Turo's Customer care assistant) saying I would have to pay a fee of $150 + $25 admin fee for having delivered the car two hours late unless I sent and email in 24h with evidences that the car was delivered on time. Besides being an absurd amount (two hours would correspond to some days of car rental, they don’t respond or talk to you, just keep repeating a memorized paragraph) So I sent the email right away. I sent some emails with copy of the texts between us and the car owner proving that the car was delivered on time and the owner was ok with it, but Lucrecia from Turo would just keep repeating the same over and over saying the policy was I had to advise Turo and not the car owner and even it was my first time using the service, they couldn't waive the fee because that was the standard procedure.

If the standard procedure is to unduly charge a large amount and not even listen to the client, that's unacceptable. I asked to talk to her superior and she hasn't even addressed my request, not even answering to it. It's so clear they make a percentage of those unduly high fees charged on your CC after you think everything is OK. Also there's no phone number you can call. Please avoid this service to protect your pocket and your peace of mind. What looks like a good deal will cost you infinitely more. Unfortunately it was highly disappointing since I though it was an amazing alternative to rental Agencies.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

So I just paid $450 to rent a car for four days which was advertised as ‘Instant Rental.’ My card was ‘instantly’ charged the full amount and then the host replied 1/2 hr later stating he was out of town and that the car was unavailable. I requested an immediate refund from Turo but their policy is 3-5 business days to process a refund even though the host had canceled the rental. The emails from support only offer to find me another rental but why would I do that having been burned the first time and Turo’s seeming lack of concern stating ‘most hosts actively de-list their cars when unavailable. Funny thing is, the host has another car still active on Turo even though he is ‘out of town on business.’ Something smells fishy. If you want a guaranteed rental car when you really need one, go to anyone but this company.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

This company allows hosts to rent ineligible vehicles. I rented a car (unknown to me) that had two bald tires, a failing transmission and 158,707 miles on it. (Way over the limit) The car died. The closest, SAFE place I could get the car was a gravel parking lot. They were going to reimburse me until they heard about the parking lot. I broke their off-roading rule and now I lose. Lying host and unethical company. Spend the extra money and save yourself the hassle!! There were other issues, but I am going with the highlights. It could have ruined my vacation. Don't do it!!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I decided to try out Turo for the first time. I was making a trip to a city I had never been, for business. I don't usually purchase insurance on cars, but since this was my first time trying it out, I purchased the premium package. When I arrived at the airport the vehicle was ready for me which was nice. I also don't usually take photos of my rentals inside and out, but I did. Thankfully I took a photo of the license plate. I arrived at my rental apartment, parked the car on the top floor, two spots away from the door because it was raining. I rushed in because it was raining and I was getting wet. About three hours later I go to get in my car and it is gone. I combed the entire parking garage which was only 3 levels and not very big. As I physically searched the garage myself I did not see the car. I also pushed the panic button and it did not register the alarm.

I found security, he did the same thing as we called the towing company and the nonemergency police line. The car was not there, the towing company did not have it, so I called the owner, he also did not have it. The owner filed a report on the vehicle and I gave him his key fob back. The owner told me he had another car I could use. It was in the shop, but it would be ready by the following afternoon. I took several Ubers while waiting for the backup vehicle. About an hour before needing to make a run to the airport, the owner informs me that Turo will not allow him to give me another vehicle because it is under investigation. Shortly after that I got a call from their investigation team to give my report and was again informed that they will not give me a replacement vehicle. During the call, they made it seem like I stole the vehicle myself! I am from out of town and have a return flight in 4 days, I don't plan on keeping your car.

I am now without a vehicle, need to pick someone up from the airport for a meeting we need to attend. In a panic, I rushed to the nearest Blue Indy car share kiosk which did not work, all cars were taken, so again, I had to revert to now two Ubers for my colleague and I to make it to our appointment from two separate locations, the fees are racking up. I went online and the rental cars I was previously looking at prior to the trip for $300 were now going for a significantly cheaper rate thankfully, $80. I rented a car, took another Uber to pick it up, and was on my way. The whole day was insanely stressful. This has never happened before. That night as we are driving through the garage I spot the same type of car I rented, on a different level, different section of the garage. I stop, pull up my Turo app, check the license plate listed on the rental agreement and it doesn't match the car in front of me.

When I return home from my trip, on a whim, I pull up the photos I took of the vehicle and realize the license plate number listed on the Turo rental doesn't match the photo of the plate that I took. I immediately call the apartment and the car owner and say, "Can you go check the garage, it may be your vehicle after all." It was indeed the vehicle. It was on a different level than the one I parked on but it was back. Turo sends me a message saying they are charging me a $200 late return fee! The entire rental for less than 4 days was about $225. They want to charge me $200 for it being returned one day past the due date. I would have been able to identify the vehicle before the rental was due for return had the correct license plate been listed and had the key fob worked. For all I know the owner came and picked up the vehicle then returned it.

The owner said it could have been left on and I didn't realize it since it is an electric vehicle and you can't tell when it is on or off. He said someone may have used it to run an errand and get out of the rain and brought it back to the apartment complex since the key wasn't with the vehicle it will run until you turn it off or the battery dies. Turo told me the vehicle was never stolen, I just forgot where I parked. I can assure you that is not the case. I live in Vegas where the parking garages are 20 times bigger than this garage. I have rented over 50 vehicles, and I can promise you this has never been an issue. I parked on the top floor in the rain. The car was found on a lower level not near the entrance door. I had 4 large bags and was carrying them all on my own. I know for a matter of fact, that I did not just forget where I parked. Me AND the security guard went through the entire garage individually when the car was missing.

The owner admitted to having the wrong plate listed. The owner also looked in the wrong garage when he came to see for himself even though I gave him specific instruction as to where the car was when I last saw it. Bottom line, Turo does not have the renter's interest at heart. I spoke with Lovejit from Turo and he was completely one sided in his views and kept telling me I was at fault for everything. The owner also informed me that Turo kept pressuring him to file the charge for the $200. I have never been treated so terribly by a company in my entire life. Bottom line, the car would have been identified sooner had the license plate info. been correct, or the key fob worked.

The owner thanked me for my due diligence in helping recover the car. It could have sat in the parking garage indefinitely and never been recovered. Turo should make tracking devices mandatory for all rental vehicles, it seems like common sense. Information should be verified for their rentals eg: license plates (kind of a big deal). They definitely need to work on their customer service, because it is beyond terrible. I wish I could post some of the correspondence e-mails. I was shocked. Clean up your game, Turo.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I had a bad feeling early on as when Turo sent a welcome email and gave a link to support, it didn't work, referred me to another link and I got an error message. Then on every page under the welcome from each car owner, it says click here for your $25 discount or something like that. But the link doesn't click, I found a tab or something about the discount but then couldn't find it again... multiple issues with their links, the website, and now I am charged a $25 delivery fee even though the owner did not list that as a cost on his page.

The delivery of the vehicle in Mpls was ok, the car was ok but made a screeching noise. Two days before my trip ended I texted the owner about where to meet to return it. This should have been written out with a map and given to me when I got the car but nothing is handled professionally or with any common sense. He gives me an address of a restaurant to meet in the parking lot but google maps street view doesn't show a restaurant so I tell him I can't find it. He gives me another address and says it's 4 miles from the airport.

I was visiting my family and dealing with health crises and didn't have time to do his job for him so I said I'd google it and I'm an optimist... thinking everything will work out. He offered no help on directions... shortcuts, landmarks... nothing. So I leave this morning and follow the google map route that did look fairly easy but when I actually got to the interchange etc. it was confusing and I had no idea which way to go... again nothing had been clarified for me. I had gone in circles, around corners, etc. trying to get to the 55 which on the map clearly showed an exit to 50th street but I knew I was lost and getting very upset. I pulled into a gas station to pull up the voice directions. Just then the owner called and asked if I was "close"... he was waiting for me.

And by the way, I had changed the meeting time later by half an hour as when I arrived in Mpls, I realized I had left too much time to get from the plane to the front curb and he wasn't ready but he did get the car to me without too much delay. More on this later. Since he and I had communicated about the pick up and time I assumed the 1/2 hour time change for delivery was done the same way. After all, it's only between us; it never occurred that it had to be done on the app and I was too busy trying to get UN lost to think of the app.

So, I'm at the gas station getting more anxious by the minute and I texted that I was lost. His only response was "ok"??? Then he called and he has an accent so it's hard to understand him, but he said meet me at the Delta terminal instead. I replied that I had no idea how to get back to 494 but I was on my own and had to keep pushing forward somehow. I did manage to get back to the freeway and got off on the terminal exit.

Well, I am not familiar with the Mpls terminal either and took a ramp for Departures. It was clogged with cars and people but I got to the U-turn and found myself going down a ramp away from the terminal. Somehow I crossed lanes and got onto a Return to Terminal ramp and drove around the circle again. Up the ramp and again I find myself on the one side that would lead me away from the terminals. Then I looked at the other lane and saw that it was one way in the same direction but I hadn't seen any sign or entrance so I could get to Delta that way... and it would mean another circle around with the clock ticking. He called and I told him what was happening but I couldn't talk with all of this going on. I came around again and finally just pulled over to the curb and got my bags and went across the median to the Delta terminal..then had to walk what seemed like two miles to get to my gate, and got in at the last minute.

I get home, exhausted and frustrated, and get an email saying I am charged a $100 fee for not turning the car in on time... I was late because I was lost!!

then a $25 dollar delivery fee is added which is not mentioned on his page at all. They claim that I extended my trip and I was supposed to change things on the app although I don't recall seeing any instructions like that or any warnings. I did not EXTEND the damn trip... I was wandering around because this guy does not communicate, does not have the smarts to think ahead and provide a map or directions to where he wants to meet... etc.

And a heads up about the terminal one way lanes would have been really helpful. I am contesting the late fee as this was not my choice but I am convinced that Turo is a scam and they clearly don't guide the car owners to be pro-active and use some common sense. I told Turo I would post negative reviews everywhere I could and this is the first. Overall, it was a very unpleasant experience and I will go down fighting (I'm 77) before they'll scam me for $100 for this.

Turo expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Turo is a car rental marketplace for travelers in the United States and Canada who can choose to rent cars from nearby owners. The company was founded in San Francisco in 2009.

• Car pickup or delivery: Most cars booked with Turo can be picked up, but owners may offer delivery service at their discretion.

• Insurance: Turo covers each car with liability insurance up to one million dollars. Extra insurance is available for renters to purchase.

• Security considerations: Cars listed on Turo must meet the company’s roadworthy requirements. Likewise, renters are screened through various profiles to ensure they will take care of their vehicles.

• Turo Valet: Turo Valets are set up at both SFO and LAX airports for travelers to pick up their reserved vehicles as soon as they get off their planes.

• Turo OpenRoad: Turo OpenRoad is a community of people dedicated to policy regarding peer-to-peer car sharing. Consumers can join the community to stay up to date on political regulation and other current issues that affect car sharing.

• Best for: Turo is best for vacationers in the United States and Canada who want to rent a specific car directly from the owner.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs