It's that easy Request Information
4.15/5
Based on 1,025 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

WHERE LOCAL HOSTS PROVIDE YOU WITH THE PERFECT VEHICLE FOR YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE

Turo is a car sharing marketplace where guests can book any car they want, wherever they want it, from a vibrant community of local hosts across the US, Canada, the UK, and Germany. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership.

A pioneer of the sharing economy and travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community over 10 million strong with more than 350,000 vehicles listed and over 850 unique makes and models. Whether it’s a truck to help out on moving day, a Mercedes-Benz for a luxurious weekend away, or a classic VW bus for a picture-perfect road trip, Turo lets you book cars that are part of a story, not a fleet.

View More View More

1139 Turo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 25, 2019

Whole thing was great. As my family is traveling the world, we need to cut costs. This was a fantastic way to do so. We used this app for the first time and really enjoyed it car, the owner, and the experience. I would recommend this app to anyone traveling it staying home who needs a better option than the typical car rentals.

Get expert buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Good service. Easy to use. I would use the service again. However there needs to be a way to determine if all the lights and horns and things work on the vehicle. I drove off in the day time not thinking to check the headlights. So of course when night fell the car I rented had a left light that was out. Besides that everything decent.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I had a great trip. The car was amazing. I can’t wait to rent it again. The car has lots of power and was very clean. Turo is a great app to use if you need to get somewhere allowing customers to rent a car at will. I will forever use this app's DJ. Recommend it to friends.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Firstly, the pick-up and drop-off process was good. Owner contacted me beforehand and we came to agreement on the process. But the car condition and the listing was not up to the expected standard. The listing mentioned Bluetooth and media, but there wasn't onboard of car. Also there were these minor other issues. The biggest problem was that the breaks were worn out and would make noise and were troublesome to hit it right. Also during the trip the check engine light came on, and I had to drive back from a state park with it. Need to improve on verification process.

Original review: April 24, 2019

We took a last minute trip to Maui with the family and wanted to do some sight seeing and drive around the island. All of the traditional rent a car companies didn't have any Jeep's available so I heard about Turo. We were able to find a reasonable priced Jeep which was in great condition. The guy who rented it to us (Dominick) was really cool to do deal with. It made our experience in Maui so much more enjoyable because we could go at our pace yet have the ability to explore the entire island. I would definitely do this again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Turo?

Original review: April 24, 2019

Very thankful for Turo! I had a convertible Mustang to drive while in Los Angeles and it was a wonderful time! I was worried about everything given this was my first time using the app.. but I had NOT ONE problem! I will be using turo and renting from Jackie as much as I can for my rental car needs! Thank you again!!!

Original review: April 24, 2019

The vehicle was great the lax Turo Lot service was not that great. Service was kind of slow and they seemed a bit confused about what key opens what vehicle. Mini return vehicles were still waiting to be checked in and several people were waiting to get checked out. I waited for about 40 minutes.

Original review: April 24, 2019

This was my first time renting from Turo and it was very easy! The host responded quickly, the instructions were clear and easy. The car nice and ready to go. Location was convenient and the transaction overall went very smoothly.

Original review: April 24, 2019

It's a good thing but I could responds thru the app to log in and out when I pick up the car and dropped it off. I wrote to Turo several time about the issue I was having and got no response back. Was very frustrated.

Original review: April 24, 2019

The experience was great. This was my first time renting but second time experiencing the process of Turo. I will say it’s easy, efficient and effective and I will continue to use Turo in the future. I will also recommend Turo to my friends and family.

Original review: April 24, 2019

My first experience was amazing. The provider was prompt on pick up and very professional. I had some reservation heading into this, yet they all went away as the weekend concluded. Will I use the service again? I will when the chance come up again.

Original review: April 24, 2019

For my first time using Turo, it was a great experience! No problem retrieving or dropping off the vehicle. I’ll definitely call on Turo services again soon, and recommend all friends and family. Thanks again to Julie and the Turo family.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I was very happy with rental with Stephen and recommend that when looking to experience a Tesla Model 3 go with Stephen. This experience is much better than test driving at the local Tesla store when you want to possibly but a Tesla in the future. Thanks.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I recently rented a car with Turo and was hit by a tire barreling down the highway. I’ll probably never rent with Turo again based on my current experience with them so far. The brunt of my issues revolve around their communication with me post accident. No one reached out to me from Turo, I had to keep reaching out to them, no assistance with getting a different car so I didn’t have one during the rest of my trip, there is no phone number for me to reach my claims manager, and with zero communication before I got a bill that’s much higher than the deductible on the insurance plan I purchased. So, all in all, do not recommend.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Easy to navigate and reserve a car through the app. App very efficient in managing end-to-end process. Customer service was helpful. I've used Turo twice at this point. This rental was a great experience for me and my wife. Highly recommended. Great selections for a good cost.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Was very prompt on messages, all around great experience. Very reliable car. Just very satisfying vs using a rental agent. Car was clean, tires were good, and the added tint helped with the Denver sun during spring. Car was located in a very good location as well.

Original review: April 23, 2019

The family was very nice and professional. The car was ready and clean. Turo just help make something like renting a so easy, when it used to be so difficult to rent from other companies. Prometheus has truly given man fire. lol

Original review: April 23, 2019

Nice service and clean car. Communication and professionalism was awesome. The car had full service done and was very nice road assist. Overall disservice and people were very professional. Great job and keep it up. And If I ever would go back and rent a car I would definitely prefer this people and this company.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Turo has a wide variety of cars to pick from, the first few host cancelled on me but Turo took good care of me. My first host was perfect and he had excellent customer service. Returned the car back and had a excellent experience! I will definitely rent from Turo again.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Very easy to book.. No issues with the booking process.. The car selections are awesome, love the cars.. Will strictly use Turo from now on.. The only problem I’m having is the mileage you’re allow to drive per day.. Very little.. Hope that improves a bit.. However great site to book on.. Thank you.

Original review: April 23, 2019

The car interior was very dirty. Cookie crumbs, debris, coffee stains. And still charging me a hefty $90 per day. Obviously this car had not been cleaned up for weeks and months. Most awful was how I had to get the car. I paid extra to have it delivered and returned at my hotel. However, upon delivery, I was asked to drive back with the host to his shop. This ended up wasting my hour just for me to drive back to my hotel. I understand that if it was a standard rental, I would need to do something like this, but I am paying extra $40 for it, and I feel like I am just saving the host's transportation cost. What an awful experience. Lastly, I of course complained to TURO about it and asked for the refund for my extra pick up cost, but they have refused.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I have to say that my first time using Turo was excellent. The terminal pickup and drop off that was offered by Evren made my trip especially worthwhile as I was traveling with my disabled son. The car was new, clean and in top working order. Thank you Evren for making our overall Turo experience a plus. Will definitely be looking up Evren the next time we are in CO.

Original review: April 22, 2019

The car was parked on the fourth floor of a parking garage. The instructions left only an address. After going through each floor we finally found the car. The car had less than 30 miles until empty of gas. It was after midnight in a city I had never been to before after a six hour flight. I was told by the owner of the car and the representative from Turo that the key would override the Turo Go app. We were stranded at the gas station with no help for nearly 30 minutes because the car would not start and the Turo app would not open because there was no cellular service. Really miserable experience using this for the first time.

Original review: April 22, 2019

After a late cancelation the agent at Turo was very helpful in locating a new car and making sure everything worked out. It is a very convenient option to using a car rental agency. The ability to have curbside pick up and drop off is very convenient.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I had a great experience overall. It was so easy. I would love a little less expensive options. I'd like to be more spontaneous in getting a car. I had to order the car for the next day because I could not get one for the evening the afternoon I tried. Other than that it was such a fantastic experience!

Original review: April 22, 2019

Everything is as described. Fred was quick to respond. Would recommend. Pickup and return was very easy. When Fred sent addresses of gas stations, I didn't understand why. But when I returned the car, I realized why he did. There are no gas stations near the pickup and return facility. So, be prepared to fuel before returning.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Great place to rent a car for a special occasion, for a business trip or just to to get a car and get out of the house. They have lots of different choices from economy to sport and luxury cars. I had a great experience with Turo.

Original review: April 22, 2019

It was a very nice, and epic journey. I enjoyed the car and the professionalism from the renter. The time, location, of the pickup and return was great. I'll love to recommend this site to a lot of other people that's willing to rent.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Renting through Turo was easy and convenient. I was able to select a very specific car for my trip to California, and it made the trip all the more memorable. I would definitely recommend others to try this unique way of renting a car.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I had a great experience EXCEPT for that my car had to be jumped. The owner of the car said he has never had problems but I had problems the whole time I had the car. I didn’t do anything to cause the battery to die. I’m not sure if it was fixed but I had to return the car a day early because I didn’t trust that the car would turn over. When I called Turo, they sent me an amazing maintenance guy that came quick and was really helpful and kind. That was the best part even though I wish I didn’t have to call.

Turo expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Turo is a car rental marketplace for travelers in the United States and Canada who can choose to rent cars from nearby owners. The company was founded in San Francisco in 2009.

• Car pickup or delivery: Most cars booked with Turo can be picked up, but owners may offer delivery service at their discretion.

• Insurance: Turo covers each car with liability insurance up to one million dollars. Extra insurance is available for renters to purchase.

• Security considerations: Cars listed on Turo must meet the company’s roadworthy requirements. Likewise, renters are screened through various profiles to ensure they will take care of their vehicles.

• Turo Valet: Turo Valets are set up at both SFO and LAX airports for travelers to pick up their reserved vehicles as soon as they get off their planes.

• Turo OpenRoad: Turo OpenRoad is a community of people dedicated to policy regarding peer-to-peer car sharing. Consumers can join the community to stay up to date on political regulation and other current issues that affect car sharing.

• Best for: Turo is best for vacationers in the United States and Canada who want to rent a specific car directly from the owner.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs