It's that easy Request Information
3.42/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Rent the car of your dreams in the destination of your dreams with Turo! Available in over 5,000 cites across the US and the UK, Turo's community is more than 10 million and lists over 350,000 vehicles for travelers to book. Turo is backed by Liberty Mutual with $1 million in liability insurance and offers prices that are up to 35% less than traditional rental agencies. Sign up is easy, too! Simply create an account, find your dream car, book it and meet your host to grab the keys so you can drive off into the sunset. Visit Turo today to start exploring!

478 Turo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Spent hours looking for the right car. Put on my payment details to be told that I'm not eligible. They do not provide you with an explanation on why this is. They just tell you, "Contact support." You spend another 30 min contacting support so they can tell you the same thing. How smart, I wish them good luck.

Get expert buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I loved it. Ka who I dealt with was so amazing. She kept in touch with me every step of the way. This is my first time renting through you guys. She dropped off the car for me and was present to pick up the car. This made it more convenience for us. Thank you so much for a great experience. I would recommend this for anyone who wants to rent a vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

With me being under 25 this has been the by far the best rates possible. I have rented Mercedes Benz, Maserati, all down to a Kia for the convenience of my trips!!! I recommend it to anyone even if it’s a weekend getaway, you will not find a place with a better rate!!! All vehicles from TURO.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Good car, clean car, easy pickup, easy return, great staff, very nice, great price for the rental, easy to work with to change time of return. Indoor facility is very nice. Quick departure to the airport. Well informed directions. Will use again.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I had a great experience renting a car using Turo. The process was easy and simple. The car owner himself was great to work with, he responded quickly to my questions, delivered the car in great conditions and clean and he was very helpful teaching me how to use the app (my first time). It was also very useful the ability to extend my rental as I needed to keep it for longer than expected. And again, the car owner was very flexible and responsive about it.

I will use this app again and recommend it! I wish you (Turo) would have some way to flag good car owners from bad ones. I choose who to rent from based on ratings and feedbacks. Perhaps to add the stars rating (for the owner) to the car images on the search page would help to make it a faster process while choosing a car. Also to be added to the search results the price for delivery right upfront if that filter is on. Another good thing about your service is to be able to get insurance and to choose which cover you want to easily and quickly. These are my only suggestions! I love the service and I will use it again for sure!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Turo?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I rented a vehicle in San Bruno, Ca in October. After returning the rental I was informed that there was damage to the vehicle. I did not damage the vehicle. Turo proceeded to charge me $1000 to repaint an area less than 1/2 the size of a dime. Two months later Turo added a supplemental damage in the amount of $500. Turo is inflating the price of the supposed damage and is committing insurance fraud. Beware. Do not rent from Turo. They will defraud you.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

This was our first time using Turo. It was seamless. Our car was at the arrival to pick up and we met our owner at the departure curb. Maria was in constant contact with us via text and made it easy.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I lost my license when traveling, I let the Turo owner know. I also contacted the DMV and was able to get a temporary license and I happened to have my expired license with me. I was told that this was not sufficient and my car was canceled. I had an interview the next day and the traditional car rental companies would accept my license, but did not have any cars available. I ended up with a 12 passenger van. Terrible, nonexistent customer service and all-around terrible company. I thought that nothing could be worse than traditional car rental services, but I was wrong. Do not use Turo. I had a couple good experiences, but it is not worth a terrible experience.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I decided to use Turo over a rental car company because it should have been a much cheaper alternative. While the base price of my trip was $78 before the "trip fee" and much more favorable than a rental car, I was later SLAMMED with an additional $83.15 change for 27 extra miles. TWENTY SEVEN. 27 extra miles cost more than the entire trip. That is ridiculous. With the base charge, the Turo fees, and the extra fee, using Turo was a substantially worse experience than using a rental car. I won't being using Turo again, and will be happy to share my experience with anyone who asks.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I am a Turo Host and this is regarding the claim process in the event of a damage. In my case I was following the damage claim process as documented in their website, but my claims executive skipped key deliverable as part of that document and trying to settle the claim based on the assumptions. This impacted me as I am unable to list the vehicle back and now it's been more than 2 weeks. I am not sure who at Turo will be able to escalate and resolve the issue?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I have been using Turo for the past 2 years and my experience has been great. The response for any issue has been prompt and thorough. I haven’t had any bad experiences yet. I really appreciate the platform and the money ???? and time ⏰. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Very convenient and professional. They had someone pick me up and drop me off. I will definitely use again. This was my first time using Turo and was pleasantly surprised how easy and convenient it was. I will recommend to friends and family of the service.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

It was worth it. I didn’t like how he didn’t tell me the car wasn’t at the airport, but a mile away. Other than that it was great. Also, the owner of the vehicle wasn’t as responsive as I’d like to my questions, but it was satisfactory. I’d recommend this service again to a friend and will use Turo in the future.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Towards the end, the check engine light went off and the driver basically just assumed that it was on all this time I had been driving the car and questioned me why I didn’t inform him earlier. I assured him that it wasn't all the time and came on just when I parked the car to return it to him.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Turo is an easier and more convenient way to rent a car when looking for a rental car, suv, truck or van for both short term rentals or long term rentals. I would highly recommend! Those that share their vehicles via Turo are also friendly and courteous.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I have nothing but great things to say about the way the Turo team got me into a vehicle to meet my needs, I haven't checked my credit card to see if I was billed more but was told I wouldn't be. I recommended to all of my fellow travelers and will be using it again soon. Thanks so much.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Experience was excellent! Everything went smoothly as planned. Host was polite and professional. Vehicle was clean and fuel tank full. PLUS, I save $500 compared to a name brand rental car agency! Even using Uber to the pick up location was a big cost savings. Will definitely use TURO again on my next out of town trip.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I was a bit hesitant at first because this was all new to me, but the Turo app makes it so easy. I like that there is a live line to call if you have questions or concerns. There are many options available and the one I like best is having the car delivered to me. I will definitely rent through them again.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I have rent from Turo several times. Each time was a great experience people are very communicative and the response time is good. The cars are very nice clean and dependable. I definitely recommend this to anybody that's looking to rent a vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Turo is exceptional!! The app is easy to use. The price is competitive with all of the major commercial rental companies. You can get a vehicle specific to your needs unlike the commercial rental companies. The rentees are accommodating, friendly, and very helpful. Thanks, Illia!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

We were extremely happy with our Turo experience. Carlos was very prompt and efficient with all our communications. His car was in excellent condition and drove like a charm. I would definitely look for Carlos again when using Turo. Turo is a great way to save money and have curb to curb service!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Seriously. This was my wife’s first experience with Turo and she was skeptical as all hell, but was totally impressed by how much nicer the car was than a typical rental *and* how easy the whole experience was. Tony was a big part of that, making pick up and drop off suuuper easy as we flew thru Oakland.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

My rental was confirmed for a gray Corvette owned by a Mr. ** for Thursday 11/6/18 for 1 day. Due to the forecast of heavy rain ** and I mutually agreed to reschedule and rebook for pick up on Saturday the 8th. After driving out of my way to pick up the car Mr. ** canceled my reservation without advance notice. It was totally inconsiderate and caused me and my ride an extreme inconvenience. Needless to say I never rent from ** or possibly Turo as a result of this experience.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Everything about my rental went very smooth. Definitely will be using Turo again. People at the turo valet lot at LAX were very helpful. Price was reasonable for the car that I was renting. Only thing is that I wished we had a shuttle to the valet lot.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I went on vacation to California and began researching what to rent as soon as I got off the plane. I found the car I wanted to rent and began the process of checkout. I filled out everything necessary. Last step of taking a picture of my licence failed multiple times for whatever reason. Called the support line, they can't help so I was told to email support first and should get a response right away. Such was the case, and they told me to email a picture with drivers licence next to my face along with a picture of my credit card. No response even for the rest of the day nor earlier the next.

At that point I was just ticked off about the whole thing and emailed back late morning asking why no response. Of course I don't get a straight answer, but instead an email that says they needed the same info they had requested in the first email. Obviously just a stupid computer generated response. Ended up going to Enterprise as I felt this was a lost cause. I was all excited to drive the car I had found only to be disappointed in the end.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I wanted to save a little money and so rented from Turo for a family vacation. It has been a disaster. The owner of the car agreed to let me return it to a different location than the airport. However, he then did not respond to multiple texts, calls, or emails over the days leading up to the return date. Finally, I was able to reach him the night before the car was set to be returned but this created undue stress for the last half of our vacation. I had a minor fender bender where a small amount of paint came off the bumper. I let the owner know immediately, and he agreed to let me pay him cash for the damage. Without explanation he changed his mind and decided to have Turo handle the claim. The problem with this is that Turo charges a flat $150 administrative fee despite the minimal damage.

The owner was trying to bill me for tolls he accumulated driving the car the day before I picked it up. I got emails months after the rental telling me that I needed to pay these tolls or provide proof that I did not accumulate them. This wasted more of my time and was frustrating because the burden of proof was on me as the customer and not the owner. Turo was a pain to deal with.

The worst part of all this is that Turo will not let me review the owner on their site. They give you 7 days after return of the rental car to post the review. Despite many of my problems happening after returning the car, they have steadfastly refused to let me post any review about the owner. They seem to have little interest in supporting the customer. It is impossible to get anyone on the phone that has any ability to do anything except read you a policy. I will NEVER rent from them again and encourage all of my friends to avoid Turo like the plague. If everything goes smoothly you might save a little money, but if there are any issues (which is a reasonable chance with travel), you are much better off with a standard rental company than Turo.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I rented a Toyota Yaris from Michael. He was very friendly and informational. The car was great and good on gas, easy pick-up and drop-off and I would love to do it again. His response time was very fast as well. I will be definitely recommending family and friends to use this app because it is very easy and convenient. My only issue was I didn't know about the $25 credit when you first initially sign up. You have to do it before you start your profile and I didn't know that so therefore I wasn't able to use the credit but other than that it's an awesome app to use.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Josie was easy to work with, car was as described and made for a wonderful weekend getaway. Pickup was extremely easy, and returning was even easier - just simply dropping the keys off in her mailbox. I'd rent from her again and would recommend Josie to anyone needing a SUV type vehicle for their needs. Thanks Josie!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I rented out my Jeep got it back and dropped the renter off at the airport, I forgot to get my key fob back! The renter said he would mail the key fob back but he never did. I told Turo and Turo said they needed a pdf estimate from the dealership, me nor the dealership understand what a pdf estimate is. Turo said if they don't get the pdf estimate, they will drop the claim. So I bought the key fob with my own money and asked Turo if this was good enough. And this was Turo's response. Brendan ** (Turo Support). Dec 6, 14:31 PST. "Hell Gjon, Yes, please send in a copy of the invoice and receipt and we are happy to review for reimbursement."

Review? Invoice? I have the receipt! What invoice? The dealership said "Our invoice on parts, are extensive and would be next to impossible to point out on their parts order". This has been going on for a month, The money I made on the rental doesn't cover the replacement cost of my key fob! Turo is giving me the run around for $300! What would happen if the renter trashed my car? Now it looks like I have to sue Turo to get my key fob replaced... unreal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

When returning the vehicle the owner never showed up, and there was no way to lock the keys in the car. So I kept the keys and locked the car. Turo advised me to overnight the keys to the owner's address, assuring me they would reimburse me promptly. I risked being late to my sister's wedding to find a FedEx depot, then paid $86 out of pocket, just to make sure the next reservation would not be messed up. 3 months later, Turo has still not reimbursed me for these expenses. I get replies from them roughly every 3 weeks or so apologizing for the delays but there is no one taking responsibility from their side. Beware, they do not follow through on their promises.

Turo expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Turo is a car rental marketplace for travelers in the United States and Canada who can choose to rent cars from nearby owners. The company was founded in San Francisco in 2009.

• Car pickup or delivery: Most cars booked with Turo can be picked up, but owners may offer delivery service at their discretion.

• Insurance: Turo covers each car with liability insurance up to one million dollars. Extra insurance is available for renters to purchase.

• Security considerations: Cars listed on Turo must meet the company’s roadworthy requirements. Likewise, renters are screened through various profiles to ensure they will take care of their vehicles.

• Turo Valet: Turo Valets are set up at both SFO and LAX airports for travelers to pick up their reserved vehicles as soon as they get off their planes.

• Turo OpenRoad: Turo OpenRoad is a community of people dedicated to policy regarding peer-to-peer car sharing. Consumers can join the community to stay up to date on political regulation and other current issues that affect car sharing.

• Best for: Turo is best for vacationers in the United States and Canada who want to rent a specific car directly from the owner.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs