Alamo Car Rental

Compare Rental Cars

Research top Rental Cars recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Hiroaki of Miami, FL on

Please everybody check the condition of your Alamo Rent a Car. They could charge you for something you did not cause! Alamo at Miami International Airport - MIA is charging me a damage in my rental vehicle that I did not cause. The vehicle provided by Alamo had a dent and they made an express report and forced me to sign it, they forced me to sign, accept a damage I did not cause. I have been renting vehicles from Alamo from years ago and I never had an issue with any vehicles. As habitual Alamo customer I have been witness how employees treat and drive the vehicles along the lot and I am sure, that my rental vehicle has been damaged in the lot by themselves not me. I need to add that, many Alamo Rental Cars, has dents, the interior sometimes is damaged and Alamo just let those cars rented again without fix it and in my case charging me.

ANGELA of Sheffield, Other on

The actual car rental was good, but on returning the car to the garage at Orlando International Airport we inadvertently left our Sat Nav/GPS unit in the back of the car. The area of return is very dark after entering from the bright sun and although we checked, as it was in a black bag, we missed it. I emailed Alamo UK with a full description of the unit, and they contacted Alamo at MCO who replied to say the vehicle was out on a further rental and would not be returned for 10 days and they would update me then. As I know all cars are valeted after return before being rented again I didn't accept this excuse, but waited. I had to email after 10 days and received a reply that they did not have the unit. This means to me that one of the valets found the GPS, but did not report it. I do understand it is our fault for leaving the unit in the first place, but it does seem there are dishonest valets working for Alamo at MCO.

Luis of San Jose, Other on

When purchasing their service in Miami Int Airport, they said to the whole group that the van did not need to be filled up before delivering back again. They lied, even after we filled up the whole tank and probably only use 1/10 of the gas to get back to their Miami delivery service, they charged me $60 USD for a small difference in gas, when the actual full tank with 95 octane was $40 USD (The full tank). Basically they lied about having the tank empty and then charge $150 USD for the full tank. Will NEVER recommend this thieves.

Paul of Las Cruces, NM on

March 19, 2017, I rented a Camry for 10 days at the Portland airport. After 2.000 miles I returned it in perfect condition. The agent walked around the car and immediately went to the lower rocker panel corner in front of the rear tire, wiped off the road film with a tissue she had in her hand. The agent declared there was damage at that corner and said, "That's the most expensive part to repair." I told her there was no damage and they are running a scam and call my insurance company. She said they don't call the company until they talk to me. I told her I'm not talking to her and I'm leaving to catch a flight.

She filled out an accident/damage report and I wrote 'SCAM' on it. Their Damage Recovery Unit sent a request for insurance company information with a threat of billing me for (ghostly) damage repair if I failed to do so. Last week (4/4/17) I emailed Enterprise corporate headquarters (owner of Alamo) about the scam and have not heard from them. This didn't apply to me, but they are also running a windshield rock chip scam. Watch out! Never again with Alamo.

Lauren of Waltham, MA on

Alamo Rent A Car steals money from their customers. They stole $477.73 from me. They denied that I returned the GPS (which I did) and charged this extra amount to my credit card WITHOUT notifying me first or providing me with a receipt. (By the way, they gave me a broken GPS to begin with, so there is no reason why I wouldn't return it.) Please do yourself a favor and tell all your friends and family to use any other rental agency not associated with Alamo.

In addition, National Car Rental (who the reservation was made through but operates under Alamo at the specific location) is being entirely unhelpful. They are refusing to issue a refund. I will be advising my company to switch our large contract away from National Car Rental and not to use Alamo ever again. The specific location that is lying and stating I did not return the GPS is Alamo Rent A Car - CHILE. Tell you friends. Tell your family. Tell the world. This company steals from their customers and provides horrible service. It is illegal to charge someone for a service or product they did not receive. In the end, this will end up costing them way more than $477.73.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alamo Car Rental?

Debra of Cedar Rapids 52405, IA on

Well it was such bad experience it's almost ridiculous that I have to write poor report. Anyway went to pick up my rental at 8 am which they are suppose to be open. Get there, waited 5 min, no one show up so as I was calling this guy show up. He look like he just crawl out of bed. Did not apologize for being late. Then I had to wait for him to get computer up and running. He never said a word just like he was zombie. Then he finally got to be just no smile or when he talk he act like I was a bother to him.

Finally I got to leave. Get out to the find car. Find out I got this big jeep which I ask for Nissan. I didn't have time. I was late as it was for his tardiness. It took more gas and very disappointed. So when I got back I told the person who was there I was very upset and I would call talk to manager. So it's been 1 week tomorrow. I called 3 or 4 times and I get same run around "They will get back to you." Poor customer service. I will never rent from them again. I hope people will be aware. Stay away from these people. They don't care about their customers. I travel a lot and I will never go to them again.

elza of Verona, PA on

I waiting until now for have a answer about my Michael Kors gold makeup bag. No call and I trying call and lost reference numbers 2x. Different numbers and nothing. I just want my stuffs back please. Is very important for me. Thanks. Please call me.

Kimberly of Richfield, MN on

Rented a mid sized car for 131.00, stopped at the desk to get airline discount and to see how much a convertible would be. Was told 179.00 with discount. We even verified it was 179.00. He said yes but when we got back it was 179 plus 131 for the original rental. This is not what he told us. Called the company about it and the woman was rude. She kept stating "Well ma'am what do you expect a convertible to cost?" and I told her "179.00 because that's what he told us."

She just kept saying like we were stupid "well of course, you're going to pay the 131.00 and then the 179.00." I said "That's not what he stated and we even said 179.00, that all he said yes." We said "It must be a good discount from the airlines", he stated yes. Also they called us 2 days into the rental stating they didn't know what car we had, could we please read the numbers off the car. Does this sound like a company that knows what they are doing. I will NEVER rent from them again.

Kathy of Acworth, GA on

A car owned by Alamo hit our car injuring my husband- destroying our car & their driver was cited by police & it was determined to be the rental car fault. Alamo refusing to pay - having to sue them. We just wanted medical bills, lost wages & car replacement- not out to get them. However, the lost wages are climbing and now an attorney fee added.

MAURICIO of Exico, Other on

Last month I rented a Car at Eagle Airport in Colorado USA. Alamo the company give me a rental voucher. When I arrived to pick up my car, with 2 months in advance reservation, there was no car, no refund, and not even a responsible clerk in desk. They dont give my money back, and it's impossible to get by phone and not a single email responded. The worst rental company in the world, as is known this days. Never rent at Alamo.

Vincent of Seattle, WA on

I rented a vehicle from Alamo Rental Car. I paid with my credit card. I return the vehicle in good condition. No problems. I was told that my credit card was charged for the price of the rental which was totally okay with me but 5 days later I check my credit card and Alamo Rental Car has made an unauthorized charge and hold on my card. I spoke to several supervisors pool. Assured me that within 24 hours after speaking with me the funds and my credit card would be released. 2 Days Later they have still had the hold on my credit card so I went back to the branch and I spoke with Michael ** who is the supervisor. He reassured me that Within 2 days my credit card would be released and the funds will be placed back on my card.

2 Days Later it proves that Michael ** from Alamo Rental Car Sea-Tac Airport is a total liar. Most of the employees working for Alamo rental car don't have a clue on what they're doing so I advise you to think twice before renting at Alamo Rental Car. I don't think Alamo have a clue on why the ratings for their company is at an all-time low. This company with such a big name is one of the worst rental car companies in Washington. Research the Google reviews before you wind up in a bad situation with Alamo.

Jean of Chippewa Falls, WI on

We rented a car and had a very minor accident. We were hit from behind and ended up with a dent in right rear quarter panel. They sent us an estimate that had all these extra fees. Administration fee, depreciation of vehicle, etc. 900.00 dent became 1400.00. Then our insurance company and the other company are fighting it out. I get a call from a collection agency saying Alamo sent it to collections. Thinking this had to be a scam we hung up and called the number back. They said they had no record of us. It was late afternoon and we were traveling so I waited til morning to call Alamo back. They said yes it was in collections. No letter, no invoice, not a pay in 10 days, not even a phone call. I was rudely told that it was my fault. I should have contacted them. I would recommend them to NO ONE and I am telling everyone I know not to use them.

Randy of Trinidad, Other on

Last year I made a reservation online (phone in Tobago wasn't working) for Sat 4/3/17 for a 4x4 vehicle #**. I checked every month to make sure it was in place. I even got a confirmation email on 3/2/17, however on my arrival I was informed by Ms ** that there were no 4x4 only Sentras. (I ordered the 4x4 because of the height the cars are too low.) Now I had no choice!!! Take it or leave it. So I had to start calling your competitors. After 6 calls I got one (lucky me). After 5 years I would not be doing any more business with Alamo. Thanks for all the add stress Alamo.

Joey of Woodbridge, Other on

In Dec 2016, I made a reservation through Expedia.com for an ALAMO car rental pick up at Al Maktoum International Airport in Dubai. Arrived at Alamo booth at 4:30 PM only to see a sign with a phone number, no agent was there, while every other car rental booth had an agent. I called the number on the sign, and they referred to another number.... I called again but was informed that it was Friday and the agent won't be coming back before 6 PM. Mind you this is an International Airport. I waited with my wife and kids for an hour until 6 PM. The agent still didn't show up. I called again only to inform me that he was going to take another 40 minutes. Other people were waiting too.

I was furious, pissed, mad, upset, you name it. I ended it up taking a taxi van to the hotel for which I incurred additional charges. This is totally unprofessional not up to standards. It makes me wonder if they should have a license to operate at an International Airport. ALAMO has lost my trust and I will not rent or recommend renting from you again.

Wendy of Oyster Bay, NY on

I rented a car and verbally told Alamo representative I did not want additional insurance. No price was discussed for additional insurance. He gave me forms and said "I need your initials here, and initial here, and there etc." many pages to initial, I did not read what I was initialing. When I returned the car I was charged an $183+ for the rental because I was charged for additional insurance. I did not want the additional insurance. I often rented from Alamo and never get it. I rented the car with an American Express card which gives additional insurance. I have an extensive policy on my own. I do not need additional insurance. My husband who was with me asked to speak to the manager and was told the manager wasn't there. We could not get a name of who to speak to.

The customer service was terrible. They laughed in our face and said there was nothing they could do. It was very frustrating. I've put a tremendous amount of time into this trying to get it resolved. The only thing I want now is to make sure that this does not happen to anyone else. Every customer should stand there and read what they are signing. Do not trust Alamo. You must read the fine print. No matter how tired you are, or how many people are on line behind you. Their word is not good. I've rented from other companies and they will have you sign something showing you declined additional insurance. I think that is a much better procedure than the way Alamo does it. I would not recommend Alamo Rental Car.

Joe of Redding, CA on

Rented from Alamo on my last trip to Hawaii. Everything went very well. The SUV we wanted was ready to go and check-in was fast. No problems at all. My sister rented her car from Budget and I had to wait about an hour for them to get it ready for her. That is an hour of precious vacation time wasted because someone was not doing their job. I have never rented from Budget but have used Alamo many times and have never had to wait for a reserved car to be ready. I would surely rent from them again.

Shan of New York, NY on

Besides I would like to rate the excellence of Alamo Car Rental, I would like to especially thank the most considerate and professional Alamo staff in Dallas Airport car rental center: Paul **. Although all the staffs we had interacted with were very helpful and providing very good information about selection of car, selection of insurance etc., Paul ** should be the best one as he helped us to exchange our original car which showing Maintenance Required on the meters board. Because our original car was a SUV four-drive car (Sequoia), Paul had shown us all possible similar cars for better handling of snow for our selection. Finally we had chosen a Nissan Murano. Paul also very kindly arranged the chosen car to be driven to the return floor to facilitate us move our luggages from Sequoia to Murano. We would like to express our greatest gratitude to Paul ** and Alamo Car Rental.

Hector of Torrance, CA on

First of all, it was simple to rent the car as it was done over the phone. Now that was done all I needed to do was to show up on time as I did on this occasion. Once there all I needed to do was to wait for my turn, do the paper work, get my keys and off I was.

C. R. of White Bear Lake, MN on
Consumer Increased Rating!

I wrote an email to Alamo yesterday and on here of my disappointment in the service and that I felt like I had to buy additional insurance when I told them I didn't need it. Within a half hour, I got an email, stated that it had been sent to the manager, within two hours I got a phone call from Patrick and a follow-up email apologizing and refunded the money for the insurance. He also said he would talk to the clerk and this is not their policy and it was not acceptable. My experience at Alamo was great except for this issue, Patrick's actions were quick and he was very sincere. For this reason, I will use them again and I will recommend them.

C. R. of White Bear Lake, MN on

Original Review

Online I had an estimated cost of $136. When I went to pick up the car I told him, my insurance covered the rental and I did not need additional insurance. He said I needed the insurance in case the car was unusable due to my fault. I would have to pay $50 a day out of my pocket. My daughter who was with me said "Mom I don't think it is an options". The clerk just smiled and nodded his head. Our bill was $319.00. I have checked with me insurance and my insurance fully covered that car. I feel like this is a total scam on your part and you encourage your employees to say this and react this way. We are coming to PA with 30 people for my son's wedding in March we will be renting at least 5 cars. There is no way I will recommend Alamo. In fact I will discourage anyone from renting from you. Loved the car, lot services was great. But I feel totally scammed and will never recommend or rent from you again.

Knikkolette of Woodstock, Georgia on

We rented a 4-wheel drive when we went to Maui. While the Jeep was nice enough, it was overpriced and the make/model and color seemed to be "the" rental car "go-to" for the island. We could tell who were tourists and who were locals by what they were driving. When we are on vacation, we like to blend in and don't want everyone knowing we are tourists as we feel we are unnecessarily targeted for a variety of things - some of which could be robberies, scam artists, sales pitches, etc.

Elizabeth of Las Cruces, NM on

On a particularly stressful travel day with flights being canceled and delayed, we found an alternate flight to a city 2 hours away from our destination. The trip return trip would be from original destination. Also had to rearrange rental car, and this was done through Southwest Airlines. Upon finally arriving in Charlotte, NC at 1230 am and having to be at an appointment in Columbia, SC at 800 am, we were shocked and horrified when the Alamo agent said no way could he honor a one-way rental reservation. He refused to rent the car. Fortunately Budget Rental was willing to rent one out and out of desperation we took it for $407 instead of the Alamo confirmation of $81.

A few days later I called Angie from the Charlotte Alamo counter, she acted like she couldn't believe such a thing could happen but acknowledged that the reservation was in perfect order. She said she would review tapes from that night, speak with the employee, gave me her supervisor's number (Matthew), and said she would call back. Matthew called back and said the employee denied everything and it was his work against ours. Later Matthew called again and acknowledged seeing the tapes and there was unquestionably a turndown, he would have would speak with his supervisor.

A few days later, Dean called and said there was no was he would do a financial reimbursement but offered coupons for future rentals. We turned those down as unacceptable. Have called Matthew's office several times and left messages, he has not called back. Have spoken with Alamo customer care 6 times, each time I have to retell the story and each time the rep says they will email the Charlotte district management that we are not satisfied and would like to escalate the complaint and hear from someone. This has been going on for 3-4 weeks, no calls or emails. Terrible and disappointing experience and have no desire for anymore dealings with Alamo, coupons or not.

Michele of Crete, IL on

Rented a vehicle for the Christmas visit in Orlando. When I picked up the vehicle, was asked if I wanted to up my classification for $35, so I said ok but was not told this was per day so upon returning the vehicle I got my receipt and didn't notice the charges until I got home. I had the vehicle for 5 days and was charged $836.16. Very disgusted with all the charges that were tacked on in addition to the charge of $35 extra per day to up class of vehicle. It was a small SUV! I will be finding a new place to rent from, this was over $167 a day! Are you kidding me?!

Marion of Cape Coral, Other on
Consumer Increased Rating!

I arranged to rent a car from Indianapolis airport. When I returned the car I had the extra key in my purse. Why they didn't call me immediately is unknown so I could take it back while there. When I got to Florida I called them first thing the next morning. The representative took my information and said someone would call to let me know where to mail the key back to. I never heard back so I called again. This representative told me to mail it back to the airport location. I was back in Indiana so I told him I would take it to the airport so I made sure it got to the right place. The manager was not a professional person to deal with at all. More like a rude high school kid. He said that they had to tow the car and new key made so I would be charged for it. When I told him I was instructed that someone would call me back he shrugged his shoulders.

When I got home I had a letter in the mail about being charged so I contacted the number and they said someone would call me back and the high school kid at counter booth called me. When I told him again that my first contact told me someone would call me back with the address he pretty much called me a liar and said they would not do that. I rent cars frequently and have not felt so discriminated in all my life and this has been very upsetting. I will never recommend any of the three companies in the Enterprise Holdings.

Chris of Omaha, NE on

We just got back from a trip to Texas - rented a car from Alamo at Houston's Hobby Airport, drove to Galveston where we stayed for a few days, then drove back to Houston to visit friends before heading back to the airport. All in all a very normal sort of trip, right? Well, it should have been normal, as the car was good, the checkout process was fast & efficient and we were on our way in no time flat. Except the last leg of the trip - the part where we headed back to the airport - we got lost in Houston mid-afternoon traffic, our GPS took us to a part where there was obviously no car-rental place. So, my wife called the Alamo # on the car-rental agreement.

After a few times where she was placed on hold or had to listen to automated directions, she actually got a live person, someone called Latasha from the Houston call-center. Latasha was our savior, a sort of air-traffic controller, who stayed with us for over half an hour, talked us step-by-step to the Alamo return center, in no hurry at all. She appeared to know the lay of the land of the city like the back of her hand and her calm temperament added to her knowledge of her city helped some tired and stressed travelers deal with rush-hour Houston - we will for sure be renting from Alamo again, and all because someone called Latasha truly went above and beyond - job well done!

Jesse of Brisbane, Other on

Roadside assist lied to me about being 3 stations within 4 miles to get my car tire replaced. Another rep called me back with no knowledge of first rep’s conversation. Had to start from scratch, and advised it was 32 miles away!! Multiple stories about nonsense and excuses.

Joyce of Charleston, SC on

I reserved an SUV to transport 4 guests and their luggage on December 4th, 2016. I arrived at Alamo at 7:05am on December 28th to be told there was not one SUV to rent! The woman at the counter told me, "I tried to call you but was transferred to a business." I informed her that the number she called was correct. She left me no voicemail message to inform me of the problem. I then rented a Chevy Malibu in hopes of continuing to provide service to my guests that they had asked me to arrange the beginning of December. They would not settle for a Malibu and I lost an entire day of pay because of Alamo's shortcoming. The girl at the counter said it is the manager's fault who works at the airport. They had experienced no cars being available for days. I will contact an attorney to see if I can be compensated for the hundreds of dollars I lost. Do not trust this company! I will never give them my business again.

Linda of Lanesboro, MA on

This happened December 24, 2016. Merry Christmas. I booked a rental car through a work rewards website for Ryan to drive home for Christmas. Through live chat I asked the representative if he would have any trouble picking up the car because the points were in my name. "Oh no", she said, "as long as he has his license and the reservation number he'll be fine." Well, here we are on Christmas Eve and Ryan cannot come home for Christmas because he does not have a major credit card in his name. The car is PAID IN FULL. They will not accept a debit card, they will not accept my credit card information.

The manager at the Philadelphia airport location, Jason ** flat out refused to help me, even after he admitted that as manager he has the authority to make an exception, but policy states that the person picking up the car has to present a credit card. Never did he say he wasn't authorized or it was out of his control. Then he refused to give me his manager's information because "they'll just tell you the same thing and they're off for the weekend - it's Christmas Eve"... what a horrible human being with no compassion whatsoever. How nice that he and they can enjoy their holiday with their families... so now Ryan will spend Christmas alone, his grandfather who is in the hospital will not get to see him, nor will his other grandparents or family.

THEN I called back to tell them to give the rental to the next person in line since it's paid for - at least someone can benefit from this mess... nope. Can't do that, they have to cancel the reservation, even though it wasn't made with a cc but non refundable points. Way to go, Alamo and your exceptional customer service representatives. I will try to enjoy the festivities of the next couple of days and do look forward to spending time with the rest of my family. My email has been sent. On Monday, will you help me out by letting Alamo know what their employee Jason ** did to our Christmas??

jesse of Goffstown, NH on

My experience picking up the car was fine. For various reasons we were told for that our original pre-paid reservation had to be canceled and a new one made with a different credit card. The rep told me to call reservations to make sure they refund the original pre-paid reservation. That's where the issues started. Full details are below but in short: I had to call Alamo 4 times. Including the person when I picked up the car. That's 5 reps I worked with. 4/5 Alamo reps I worked with had no idea what they were doing and screwed up when I was trying to get a refund for a canceled reservation. I had to call Alamo 4 times before my issue was finally resolved. One phone service reps actually flat out hung up on me. Every Alamo rep was ill-trained and looked for any excuse to stop helping me.

After our trip I tried to call reservations. They said they cannot refund me and that I had to call Priceline since we booked through them. Priceline said that Alamo charged my card and would need to issue the refund. According to my CC statement Alamo was in-fact the ones to charge my card. Priceline was good enough to work with them to get my card refunded, but it was $10 short. So I called Alamo a 2nd time to explain the situation. Turns out the Alamo rep at the desk when we picked up the car did not cancel our previous reservation but rather marked us as "no show" which comes with a $10 fee. I was put on hold by the rep on the phone so she could get a manager to issue the $10 refund.

After a minute on hold another Alamo rep picked up the phone and treated the call as a new person. Turns out the first rep put me back into the hold queue so I now had to go through all the steps again. This was now technically my 3rd call with Alamo. This new rep was very disrespectful right from the start. I explained the situation again but unlike the first lady this one was looking for any excuse to get me off the line. She refused to get me a manager and told me I had to call the Alamo location I rented the car from. When I kept at her about how I have been bounced around already she actually hung up on me.

I called the location I rented the car from and finally found someone that was helpful. I was told that they were unable to refund the "No show" fee to my original card we pre-paid with, but they could put it on my wife's card we ended up using. In short, Alamo's cost and car quality was fine, but their employees are idiots looking for any excuse to not have to deal with customers.

Patricia of Auburn, NY on

I rented a car from Alamo through Costco. At the rental counter after an exhausting cross-country flight, I was told that I could not rent a car due to a DNR flag (do not rent) on my license. This is due to a problem with an Enterprise car rental in 2008 where the staff at Enterprise failed to log a car rental return. My employer was billed an entire week for a 24 hour rental, and my credit card was charged $178. After many calls and emails with Enterprise corporate, the charges were reversed. This was 2008. In 2011, I reserved a car from Enterprise to attend my son's Marine boot camp graduation. At the rental counter, I was told that I was on the DNR list due to the 2008 event. Fortunately, I was able to rent from another company. When I returned home, I followed up with Enterprise corporate via phone and email. Eventually, I received an apology, and assurance that my rental status was cleared.

To be certain, I avoided Enterprise in all subsequent dealings. It worked for me for until Enterprise acquired Alamo. I cannot tell you how upsetting it was to be denied my car rental at 11pm PST on a Friday that began at 4 am Eastern. The manager gave me an 800 number to call, and promised I'd have a car the next day if I explained the situation to Corporate. I called the number in the morning, and found out that it is only a line for information collection and it would take days to get a response. Four days later, they have not contacted me. My vacation has been a disaster so far, as I had no car the first day and a half while working to clear my name. I finally had to take a bus 100 miles to borrow a car from a kind relative. Maybe today, the last day of my vacation, I'll have the opportunity to take a scenic photograph... Final word, don't rent from Alamo, Enterprise or National if you want a car.

Cheyenne of Ozone Park, NY on

If I could rate no stars that's what I would rate them. I had went thru economy Bookings.com a (3rd party) for my rental. As I arrived to my location (USA New York, New York City, Building 308 Federal Circle, Jamaica,11430), I approached the employee. She asked for my ID, Rental Voucher, and Credit Card which I provided. As she assisted me she said the insurance wasn't covered. It excluded in the US which was fine, I had no problem paying for it separately. However she stated that they had a policy for a $200 deposit which I wasn't aware of. Nowhere on the voucher did it specify that. This was my first time going thru with a car rental. Neither less to say I spoken to the 2 managers ** and **. I express my concerns with them and they couldn't help to fix or resolve my issues. They could have offered other deals where I could afford the deposit and car rental. I just needed it for that Thanksgiving Day.

They were both nasty and rude and also took me outside in this 49 degree New York weather and had me wait outside for 2 hours for no reason. I'm frustrated and angry about what went on. My Thanksgiving was reunion. I came there with a plan to use the rental to visit my family's houses. Also my grandmother that lives in Long Island who is dying from cancer, and I can't even do that. Thank you Alamo and Economic Bookings for Ruining Thanksgiving and wasting my time.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAuto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.    More about Lauren→

As the largest rental car agency serving international travelers in North America, Alamo Car Rental focuses on major destination cities. Its 171 self-service kiosks in 63 U.S. locations streamline the rental process, resulting in an easy and hassle-free rental experience and improving check-out and check-in times. Alamo is owned by Enterprise.

• Loyalty rewards: Customers who join the Alamo Insider program get an instant five percent discount off retail prices.
  • Prepay discounts: Pay for a rental car in advance at the time of booking and get an additional 10 percent off your rental.
  • Arrive and drive: Using the online check-in option, renters can fill out the form and go right to their rental car.
  • Wide vehicle selection: Choose from a large selection of makes and models, including electric cars and 15-passenger vans or cargo vans.
  • Vacation in style: Car selection includes options like sports cars, luxury models and convertibles so drivers can make an impact when pulling up to the curb.
  • Best for Vacationers, business travelers, event planners, temporary workers, those with cars in repair and those who want a wide selection of vehicles.

Compare Rental Cars