Alamo Car Rental

Compare Rental Cars

Research top Rental Cars recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Joe of Redding, CA on

Rented from Alamo on my last trip to Hawaii. Everything went very well. The SUV we wanted was ready to go and check-in was fast. No problems at all. My sister rented her car from Budget and I had to wait about an hour for them to get it ready for her. That is an hour of precious vacation time wasted because someone was not doing their job. I have never rented from Budget but have used Alamo many times and have never had to wait for a reserved car to be ready. I would surely rent from them again.

Hector of Torrance, CA on

First of all, it was simple to rent the car as it was done over the phone. Now that was done all I needed to do was to show up on time as I did on this occasion. Once there all I needed to do was to wait for my turn, do the paper work, get my keys and off I was.

C. R. of White Bear Lake, MN on
Consumer Increased Rating!

I wrote an email to Alamo yesterday and on here of my disappointment in the service and that I felt like I had to buy additional insurance when I told them I didn't need it. Within a half hour, I got an email, stated that it had been sent to the manager, within two hours I got a phone call from Patrick and a follow-up email apologizing and refunded the money for the insurance. He also said he would talk to the clerk and this is not their policy and it was not acceptable. My experience at Alamo was great except for this issue, Patrick's actions were quick and he was very sincere. For this reason, I will use them again and I will recommend them.

C. R. of White Bear Lake, MN on

Original Review

Online I had an estimated cost of $136. When I went to pick up the car I told him, my insurance covered the rental and I did not need additional insurance. He said I needed the insurance in case the car was unusable due to my fault. I would have to pay $50 a day out of my pocket. My daughter who was with me said "Mom I don't think it is an options". The clerk just smiled and nodded his head. Our bill was $319.00. I have checked with me insurance and my insurance fully covered that car. I feel like this is a total scam on your part and you encourage your employees to say this and react this way. We are coming to PA with 30 people for my son's wedding in March we will be renting at least 5 cars. There is no way I will recommend Alamo. In fact I will discourage anyone from renting from you. Loved the car, lot services was great. But I feel totally scammed and will never recommend or rent from you again.

Knikkolette of Woodstock, Georgia on

We rented a 4-wheel drive when we went to Maui. While the Jeep was nice enough, it was overpriced and the make/model and color seemed to be "the" rental car "go-to" for the island. We could tell who were tourists and who were locals by what they were driving. When we are on vacation, we like to blend in and don't want everyone knowing we are tourists as we feel we are unnecessarily targeted for a variety of things - some of which could be robberies, scam artists, sales pitches, etc.

Elizabeth of Las Cruces, NM on

On a particularly stressful travel day with flights being canceled and delayed, we found an alternate flight to a city 2 hours away from our destination. The trip return trip would be from original destination. Also had to rearrange rental car, and this was done through Southwest Airlines. Upon finally arriving in Charlotte, NC at 1230 am and having to be at an appointment in Columbia, SC at 800 am, we were shocked and horrified when the Alamo agent said no way could he honor a one-way rental reservation. He refused to rent the car. Fortunately Budget Rental was willing to rent one out and out of desperation we took it for $407 instead of the Alamo confirmation of $81.

A few days later I called Angie from the Charlotte Alamo counter, she acted like she couldn't believe such a thing could happen but acknowledged that the reservation was in perfect order. She said she would review tapes from that night, speak with the employee, gave me her supervisor's number (Matthew), and said she would call back. Matthew called back and said the employee denied everything and it was his work against ours. Later Matthew called again and acknowledged seeing the tapes and there was unquestionably a turndown, he would have would speak with his supervisor.

A few days later, Dean called and said there was no was he would do a financial reimbursement but offered coupons for future rentals. We turned those down as unacceptable. Have called Matthew's office several times and left messages, he has not called back. Have spoken with Alamo customer care 6 times, each time I have to retell the story and each time the rep says they will email the Charlotte district management that we are not satisfied and would like to escalate the complaint and hear from someone. This has been going on for 3-4 weeks, no calls or emails. Terrible and disappointing experience and have no desire for anymore dealings with Alamo, coupons or not.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alamo Car Rental?

Michele of Crete, IL on

Rented a vehicle for the Christmas visit in Orlando. When I picked up the vehicle, was asked if I wanted to up my classification for $35, so I said ok but was not told this was per day so upon returning the vehicle I got my receipt and didn't notice the charges until I got home. I had the vehicle for 5 days and was charged $836.16. Very disgusted with all the charges that were tacked on in addition to the charge of $35 extra per day to up class of vehicle. It was a small SUV! I will be finding a new place to rent from, this was over $167 a day! Are you kidding me?!

Marion of Cape Coral, Other on
Consumer Increased Rating!

I arranged to rent a car from Indianapolis airport. When I returned the car I had the extra key in my purse. Why they didn't call me immediately is unknown so I could take it back while there. When I got to Florida I called them first thing the next morning. The representative took my information and said someone would call to let me know where to mail the key back to. I never heard back so I called again. This representative told me to mail it back to the airport location. I was back in Indiana so I told him I would take it to the airport so I made sure it got to the right place. The manager was not a professional person to deal with at all. More like a rude high school kid. He said that they had to tow the car and new key made so I would be charged for it. When I told him I was instructed that someone would call me back he shrugged his shoulders.

When I got home I had a letter in the mail about being charged so I contacted the number and they said someone would call me back and the high school kid at counter booth called me. When I told him again that my first contact told me someone would call me back with the address he pretty much called me a liar and said they would not do that. I rent cars frequently and have not felt so discriminated in all my life and this has been very upsetting. I will never recommend any of the three companies in the Enterprise Holdings.

Chris of Omaha, NE on

We just got back from a trip to Texas - rented a car from Alamo at Houston's Hobby Airport, drove to Galveston where we stayed for a few days, then drove back to Houston to visit friends before heading back to the airport. All in all a very normal sort of trip, right? Well, it should have been normal, as the car was good, the checkout process was fast & efficient and we were on our way in no time flat. Except the last leg of the trip - the part where we headed back to the airport - we got lost in Houston mid-afternoon traffic, our GPS took us to a part where there was obviously no car-rental place. So, my wife called the Alamo # on the car-rental agreement.

After a few times where she was placed on hold or had to listen to automated directions, she actually got a live person, someone called Latasha from the Houston call-center. Latasha was our savior, a sort of air-traffic controller, who stayed with us for over half an hour, talked us step-by-step to the Alamo return center, in no hurry at all. She appeared to know the lay of the land of the city like the back of her hand and her calm temperament added to her knowledge of her city helped some tired and stressed travelers deal with rush-hour Houston - we will for sure be renting from Alamo again, and all because someone called Latasha truly went above and beyond - job well done!

Jesse of Brisbane, Other on

Roadside assist lied to me about being 3 stations within 4 miles to get my car tire replaced. Another rep called me back with no knowledge of first rep’s conversation. Had to start from scratch, and advised it was 32 miles away!! Multiple stories about nonsense and excuses.

Joyce of Charleston, SC on

I reserved an SUV to transport 4 guests and their luggage on December 4th, 2016. I arrived at Alamo at 7:05am on December 28th to be told there was not one SUV to rent! The woman at the counter told me, "I tried to call you but was transferred to a business." I informed her that the number she called was correct. She left me no voicemail message to inform me of the problem. I then rented a Chevy Malibu in hopes of continuing to provide service to my guests that they had asked me to arrange the beginning of December. They would not settle for a Malibu and I lost an entire day of pay because of Alamo's shortcoming. The girl at the counter said it is the manager's fault who works at the airport. They had experienced no cars being available for days. I will contact an attorney to see if I can be compensated for the hundreds of dollars I lost. Do not trust this company! I will never give them my business again.

Linda of Lanesboro, MA on

This happened December 24, 2016. Merry Christmas. I booked a rental car through a work rewards website for Ryan to drive home for Christmas. Through live chat I asked the representative if he would have any trouble picking up the car because the points were in my name. "Oh no", she said, "as long as he has his license and the reservation number he'll be fine." Well, here we are on Christmas Eve and Ryan cannot come home for Christmas because he does not have a major credit card in his name. The car is PAID IN FULL. They will not accept a debit card, they will not accept my credit card information.

The manager at the Philadelphia airport location, Jason ** flat out refused to help me, even after he admitted that as manager he has the authority to make an exception, but policy states that the person picking up the car has to present a credit card. Never did he say he wasn't authorized or it was out of his control. Then he refused to give me his manager's information because "they'll just tell you the same thing and they're off for the weekend - it's Christmas Eve"... what a horrible human being with no compassion whatsoever. How nice that he and they can enjoy their holiday with their families... so now Ryan will spend Christmas alone, his grandfather who is in the hospital will not get to see him, nor will his other grandparents or family.

THEN I called back to tell them to give the rental to the next person in line since it's paid for - at least someone can benefit from this mess... nope. Can't do that, they have to cancel the reservation, even though it wasn't made with a cc but non refundable points. Way to go, Alamo and your exceptional customer service representatives. I will try to enjoy the festivities of the next couple of days and do look forward to spending time with the rest of my family. My email has been sent. On Monday, will you help me out by letting Alamo know what their employee Jason ** did to our Christmas??

jesse of Goffstown, NH on

My experience picking up the car was fine. For various reasons we were told for that our original pre-paid reservation had to be canceled and a new one made with a different credit card. The rep told me to call reservations to make sure they refund the original pre-paid reservation. That's where the issues started. Full details are below but in short: I had to call Alamo 4 times. Including the person when I picked up the car. That's 5 reps I worked with. 4/5 Alamo reps I worked with had no idea what they were doing and screwed up when I was trying to get a refund for a canceled reservation. I had to call Alamo 4 times before my issue was finally resolved. One phone service reps actually flat out hung up on me. Every Alamo rep was ill-trained and looked for any excuse to stop helping me.

After our trip I tried to call reservations. They said they cannot refund me and that I had to call Priceline since we booked through them. Priceline said that Alamo charged my card and would need to issue the refund. According to my CC statement Alamo was in-fact the ones to charge my card. Priceline was good enough to work with them to get my card refunded, but it was $10 short. So I called Alamo a 2nd time to explain the situation. Turns out the Alamo rep at the desk when we picked up the car did not cancel our previous reservation but rather marked us as "no show" which comes with a $10 fee. I was put on hold by the rep on the phone so she could get a manager to issue the $10 refund.

After a minute on hold another Alamo rep picked up the phone and treated the call as a new person. Turns out the first rep put me back into the hold queue so I now had to go through all the steps again. This was now technically my 3rd call with Alamo. This new rep was very disrespectful right from the start. I explained the situation again but unlike the first lady this one was looking for any excuse to get me off the line. She refused to get me a manager and told me I had to call the Alamo location I rented the car from. When I kept at her about how I have been bounced around already she actually hung up on me.

I called the location I rented the car from and finally found someone that was helpful. I was told that they were unable to refund the "No show" fee to my original card we pre-paid with, but they could put it on my wife's card we ended up using. In short, Alamo's cost and car quality was fine, but their employees are idiots looking for any excuse to not have to deal with customers.

Patricia of Auburn, NY on

I rented a car from Alamo through Costco. At the rental counter after an exhausting cross-country flight, I was told that I could not rent a car due to a DNR flag (do not rent) on my license. This is due to a problem with an Enterprise car rental in 2008 where the staff at Enterprise failed to log a car rental return. My employer was billed an entire week for a 24 hour rental, and my credit card was charged $178. After many calls and emails with Enterprise corporate, the charges were reversed. This was 2008. In 2011, I reserved a car from Enterprise to attend my son's Marine boot camp graduation. At the rental counter, I was told that I was on the DNR list due to the 2008 event. Fortunately, I was able to rent from another company. When I returned home, I followed up with Enterprise corporate via phone and email. Eventually, I received an apology, and assurance that my rental status was cleared.

To be certain, I avoided Enterprise in all subsequent dealings. It worked for me for until Enterprise acquired Alamo. I cannot tell you how upsetting it was to be denied my car rental at 11pm PST on a Friday that began at 4 am Eastern. The manager gave me an 800 number to call, and promised I'd have a car the next day if I explained the situation to Corporate. I called the number in the morning, and found out that it is only a line for information collection and it would take days to get a response. Four days later, they have not contacted me. My vacation has been a disaster so far, as I had no car the first day and a half while working to clear my name. I finally had to take a bus 100 miles to borrow a car from a kind relative. Maybe today, the last day of my vacation, I'll have the opportunity to take a scenic photograph... Final word, don't rent from Alamo, Enterprise or National if you want a car.

Cheyenne of Ozone Park, NY on

If I could rate no stars that's what I would rate them. I had went thru economy Bookings.com a (3rd party) for my rental. As I arrived to my location (USA New York, New York City, Building 308 Federal Circle, Jamaica,11430), I approached the employee. She asked for my ID, Rental Voucher, and Credit Card which I provided. As she assisted me she said the insurance wasn't covered. It excluded in the US which was fine, I had no problem paying for it separately. However she stated that they had a policy for a $200 deposit which I wasn't aware of. Nowhere on the voucher did it specify that. This was my first time going thru with a car rental. Neither less to say I spoken to the 2 managers ** and **. I express my concerns with them and they couldn't help to fix or resolve my issues. They could have offered other deals where I could afford the deposit and car rental. I just needed it for that Thanksgiving Day.

They were both nasty and rude and also took me outside in this 49 degree New York weather and had me wait outside for 2 hours for no reason. I'm frustrated and angry about what went on. My Thanksgiving was reunion. I came there with a plan to use the rental to visit my family's houses. Also my grandmother that lives in Long Island who is dying from cancer, and I can't even do that. Thank you Alamo and Economic Bookings for Ruining Thanksgiving and wasting my time.

Rob of Hilo, HI on

Firstly, I was traveling with my 3 year old. Poor from the beginning. Opted for the "no wait", just pick your car and go, and the daily rental of a car seat. Had to figure out where to go to find my car, then find an employee (who was unloading a truck and didn't appear to want to help). I asked "which car", she said "any mid sized SUV". I asked about the car seat, she pointed to a bunch on the ground next to the building. I checked through 3 vehicles before finding one that didn't smell like vomit.

Upon my return: returned vehicle at 4:17 pm, waited for the shuttle bus back to the airport, flight at 6, boarding at 5:23. 4:36 shuttle arrived, passengers got off, my daughter and I were ready to board and the driver says "oh, I'm not going back to the airport", and turned away. I asked "Is there another one coming soon?" She said "probably in a few minutes". 4:55 next shuttle bus arrives, passengers get off (there are about 25 people now waiting with us). This driver also says he's not going back to the airport and gets in and drives off.

Now, let me make this clear, both buses drive about 50 feet away, park and get out and walk into the building. 5:07 the third bus shows up, many other customers are irritated. I board the bus with my daughter (age 3) and place my stroller (in a bag) along with my small carry-on on the floor (we are second to get on the bus). The driver (Colette) grabs my stroller from my hand and says "those need to go on top". She pulls the bag from my hand and hits my daughter in the mouth. My daughter starts to cry and hold her mouth. Collete merely asks "is she okay?" but continues to put the stroller up and helps other customers who are more concerned with my crying daughter than she is.

After all passengers board, Collete asks if my daughter is ok or if I need to talk to a manager. It's now nearly 5:15 and I say "no, can we please go. We have a flight to catch." Colette, then wastes more time and makes an announcement asking if anyone has left anything in their cars, sunglasses, luggage, personal items, etc. People are looking at her with amazement and asking me if my crying daughter is ok. We will never rent from Alamo again.

Pablo of Boynton Beach, FL on

I rented a car from Alamo in Tegucigalpa Honduras on August 30-Sept 3rd 2016. They asked me where I was staying and not knowing the country they didn't advise that the vehicle was too small for the area I was going to (rural not very good roads etc). I did upgrade the car since I had unexpected company meet me in the airport and not having enough space in the rental car that I reserved. After the second day there and traveling to the next town over a 1.5 hrs away, I hit a pot hole and got 2 flat tires at the same time. I replaced the front tire with the spare which was new and a different make. I wasn't able to get the flats fixed since the tires blew up and the odd sizes, so I replaced the 2 tires with used ones to get me home and functional again). So I replaced the tires with used ones knowing I will be charged for it.

After returning the car and almost missing my flight home, they wanted to charge me for the spare tire as well as the flat ones that I had bought (which I had to fight with them and wasn't charged). 3 days later they charged me a extra $185 for damages that weren't there after I left the car with them. After disputing the charges they hand wrote the charges on a duplicate slip that they had me sign when I rented the car (not knowing that that's what they do to burn you after you leave). My credit card company after disputing the charges back charged me for the fees since I had signed the empty slip when I rented the vehicle.

So going forward to this week I visited again 11/01-11/04 with my brother. I advised him to not rent from Alamo due to my past experience, so he rented from National but over there it's the same firm. We rented a pickup this time as to not have any issues with tires etc. and 2 of the tires on the rental were bald with another one in front with very little tread on it, it was brought to their attention and they said "don't worry there is a spare and we will fix it should you have an issue." We also did a thorough inspection before leaving and told the attendant about all the damages noted and he didn't check off what we saw only about 10 percent of the dings and scratches etc.

When we returned it they began to thoroughly inspect all the scratches and dings that they were told about and they added a few more which coincidentally came off when rubbed with a cloth. After telling them that we will call Alamo and had them on the phone they said "no worries there will be no extra charges." I complained about my experience to Alamo after my first incident and they dismissed it and I never heard anything else from them. They have the worse customer service that I have ever encountered and it's nothing but a scam to take every customer's money while patronizing their establishments and their country. I will NEVER recommend them or ever spend another dime with Alamo. Just my.02, had to share my experience with them. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!

P of Creston, IL on

I rented a car from October 2 through the 9th. On October 5th the hurricane was coming through Florida so we had to evacuate. Called Alamo to tell them that I would be driving the car back to IL. I was told that there was a drop fee. When I got home I took the car back a day early (October 8th). 10 days later a message came on my phone that someone tried to charge tolls on my CC in New York. I sent an email that I felt I had been price gouged for the drop fee and about the tolls. I got a response back that I would get most of my money back. Which was great.

Then 3 weeks later I get a call from Alamo that there was damage done to the car. There was no damage on the car when I dropped it off the day earlier than I was initially suppose to. They are saying that the estimated damage is $520.00. They now just want the money back from the drop fee. I canceled my CC after I got the message on my phone. They are running a very bad business. I've seen more bad reviews than good. They go back to 2012. I would advise people not to rent a car from Alamo.

nadeige of Harvey, LA on

Being 21 and under the age limit of 25 Alamo gave me the opportunity and security I needed to reserve a vehicle for my trip. When I arrived to Miami International Airport to the rental car center at Alamo everyone was very nice and welcoming the service was fast and the process was easy. From inside service and outside everything was great. When I got outside to get the vehicle, they gave me a free upgrade which I was really excited about. The car was clean and spacious and really good on gas. Even though I had to pay an underage driver's fee it was all worth it. When I dropped the vehicle off I spoke to a man named Jesus who helped me and he was really nice and professional. I would definitely recommend Alamo to everyone I know and I will definitely be renting vehicles from Alamo from now on.

Charlethia of Columbus, GA on

The car was not very clean but the price was good and gas mileage was exactly what I needed. I drove from Columbus, GA to Lakeland, FL and back with no incidents. I returned the car in the same shape I received it in. About two weeks later I get a letter asking for payment for a dent on the rear of the vehicle. I disputed the claim and was told they would conduct an investigation. It was all a joke. In another two weeks I received a letter that said I was contractually obligated and the investigation concluded that I was at fault. $1,333.00 in damages. There was no dent on the vehicle when I returned it. I have two witnesses who can vouch for that and I parked with the rear end facing out at the airport. I know the airport has cameras everywhere. What a joke.

Brenda of Helena, MT on

Rented from airport on Maui. Car was so filthy, couldn't even see out of windshield after dark, seats stained, had to wipe grime off of knobs/handles just to use them. After reading the other reviews can't wait for the bill!

Bradley of New York, NY on

I was hit by a passing car and not at fault in a car collision involving an Alamo Rental car in Los Angeles. Alamo left me waiting by the car side for five hours until a tow truck arrived to pick up the car. The car was halfway onto a busy lane on Santa Monica Blvd and I informed Alamo that I and cars driving by were at risk of hitting the vehicle. Alamo told me I would be abandoning the vehicle and responsible for any damages if I left the car. At 9 pm a tow truck arrived, five hours after the accident in a busy Los Angeles neighborhood.

Following the incident I received a call from Alamo in which the agent stated I would have to pay half of the claim. The agents shouted in a hostile voice and said, "You will get your bill in the mail and no further questions." When I asked if I could speak to another representative, then the woman (Talonna **) hung up the phone. I did learn one thing from this process, that this is not a company fit to handle its customers as there is very poor customer support and the staff in many ways beyond unfit to be doing what they do. Sad to have to write such a poor review but I can only hope that no one has to go through this type of ordeal.

Vena of Woodbrudge, NJ on
Consumer Increased Rating!

I rented a car for 10 days and my CC was charged over $3000.00 US and the regular price is $600-$700US. I have been trying to get this resolved for 3 weeks and I am bounced around with no resolution in sight. Can someone help me recoup my money.

Martin of Kent, Other on

ALAMO CAR-HIRE ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. My holiday package came with a hire car and it did not come with a GPS so the manager stated he would upgrade me for the price of a GPS for two weeks which was 70 dollars. When I got home ALAMO charged me 450 dollar. I contacted them and they would not refund the money stating I sign for this, when I did not. After two weeks of emails they would only refund 70 dollars. Nightmare, do not use them.

Ida of Sacramento, CA on

Alamo is the worst, I will never rent from them again. Not only did they charge me twice for the same car. They would not come to me to exchange cars when I had a problem. I had to take time out of my vacation to return the car to the airport and get another one. Their customer service is rude and unprofessional once they get your money.

Bong of Warwick, NY on

I have rented a car on the last minute of our cruise at Cozumel Mexico. The agreement is $105.00 including gas fee. Upon arrival at Miami Airport, Chase Bank alert us that there were charges from Alamo of $580.00. This place are very dishonest and really slick. Bad practices of business. I have never experience this in my life. I have travel almost every part of the world and this is the first. I will try to get my money the legal way and top of that I will file a complaint where I live.

edghan@yahoo.com of Seminole, FL on

I had a reservation on Saturday Sep 03 to pick up a car from Tampa Airport at 9:00 PM. I was in line for at least 45 minutes and when I got to the counter the representative told me there is no more car left for rent! Really, it is almost 10:00PM and everything were closed! That cost me a fortunate because the only company was opened was FOX rental which 6 Miles away from the Airport and I need to returned to the same location which I have no time for this hassle with the shuttle bus! They are just piece of "you know what I mean".

Desiree of Santa Clara, CA on

As a young car renter, I was able to get a deal for under $300 with coverage for 4 whole days! I loved my car (had less than 3000 miles on it) and the people at the service were friendly (San Jose Airport). I am definitely going back to Alamo when I need to rent a car!

Meaghan of Friendsville, TN on

I rented a car to drive to my son's Air Force graduation and when I arrived they gave me a wrecked vehicle and refused to give me a different car. The car had a huge dent in it and there were stains all inside the car. The car bounced all over the place while driving it. I contacted corporate back in July and they were contacting the manager to have the money refunded. Hasn't happened. Called corporate back and was told the district manager would contact me and no call from him either. This has been going on since July. DO NOT RENT from this company. I always use Budget but they had all their vehicles in the size I needed rented out.

Shiv of Brampton, ON on

I will never use Alamo again. Used it at Calgary location for 5 days. Dropped it at 10.30pm as per the contract. They still charged me for one extra day saying that the vehicle was not checked back in till 5.30 am next morning. Never sent any email or any other communication. Just went ahead and charged my cc. Very unprofessional.

Paula of Durham, Other on

4 weeks after returning home from the USA, Alamo continue to take different amounts off our credit card, totaling £125. We have received no explanation why, no letters or emails and do not know why they're doing it. We reported them to our bank as fraudulent transactions but they said it's a "dispute" not fraud. The problem is, we can't get through to Alamo to discuss this dispute! Avoid them entirely. They rip you off and take money from you after you've already paid them a fortune!!!

Expert Review

Lauren FixAutomotive Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix is an automotive expert who earned the title of The Car Coach, and is recognized throughout all forms of media as a woman with in-depth knowledge on vehicles, technology, automotive finance, repair and trends. Founder of Automotive Aspects, Inc., her understanding of automobiles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print and the internet. She writes a column for multiple outlets including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on all the major news and morning shows discussing the latest updates on cars that will help drivers of all ages learn to about cars and make smart decisions.    More about Lauren→

As the largest rental car agency serving international travelers in North America, Alamo Car Rental focuses on major destination cities. Its 171 self-service kiosks in 63 U.S. locations streamline the rental process, resulting in an easy and hassle-free rental experience and improving check-out and check-in times. Alamo is owned by Enterprise.

• Loyalty rewards: Customers who join the Alamo Insider program get an instant five percent discount off retail prices.
  • Prepay discounts: Pay for a rental car in advance at the time of booking and get an additional 10 percent off your rental.
  • Arrive and drive: Using the online check-in option, renters can fill out the form and go right to their rental car.
  • Wide vehicle selection: Choose from a large selection of makes and models, including electric cars and 15-passenger vans or cargo vans.
  • Vacation in style: Car selection includes options like sports cars, luxury models and convertibles so drivers can make an impact when pulling up to the curb.
  • Best for Vacationers, business travelers, event planners, temporary workers, those with cars in repair and those who want a wide selection of vehicles.

Compare Rental Cars