3.6/5 (1486 ratings)

About Budget Rent-A-Car

Budget Rent-A-Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Rent-A-Car?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Rent-A-Car?

Original review: May 28, 2022

Went to Kona Hawaii in September 22. Had a car reserved at Hertz. When we got there they would not accept the card we reserved with and we were left without a vehicle. They were very rude and unempathetic so we walked next door to Budget. Was in and out very quickly with a nice car for a good price. We rented 2 cars from Budget. In 2 weeks they accepted all our cards. Were very nice and gave us great service. We love Budget. They saved us a lot of trouble on our vacation.

Original review: April 5, 2022

I had a very positive experience with Budget Car Rental. I made a reservation the night before. I got a good online price and I prepaid. I used digital check in. When I arrived, the next day, I spent only about 10 minutes at the counter. The car, a Mitsubishi Outlander, was clean and ran well. The staff was professional and friendly. I would use them again.

Get buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2022

Brandon at this location is awesome. I have dealt with a few other rental companies and their employees the past few months due to some car issues. Hands down he was the most professional, accommodating and streamlined process out of all my previous interactions with other companies. I live in Robinson and moving forward will only rent thru Brandon and at this location. I recommend everyone else to save themselves the hassle or time searching by taking my advice and going here! And by the way, the car was filled with gas and perfectly clean… Which far exceeded the condition of any of my past rentals around our area or picked up at airports for during vacations.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

We rented car in Calgary on Jan 20. Our flight was delayed by almost 2 hours from Toronto. We met Victorino, who was very courteous and professionally helpful in helping us provide the car that we needed. As much it was great to interact with Victorino who helped quickly reserve us a car without much time, his friendly approach and a nice gesture was welcoming to guide towards car.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I rented a car at the Fort Lauderdale Airport location, the woman at the counter by the name of Sheila was wonderful!! She was so kind, accommodating, & patient. I received the car clean both inside & out, with a great deal through Priceline for 4 days! Join the FASTBREAK program to beat the line people, lol!

Original review: June 29, 2022

I recently returned from a trip to Kansas. I landed in Wichita, Ks. where I had a reservation with Budget. When I received the car they noted it had some damage on the front bumper. When I went to the lot the bumper was held together with duct tape. This car was far from good enough condition to be in a rental fleet. Well needless to say, Budget, after weeks of putting me off, came back to say that I knew of the damage from the start and that the parts were on order. They also went on to say they were low on vehicles. This car was embarrassing to drive. The only reason I didn't return it right then, I had a schedule and needed to get to my destination. Needless to say, Budget's response was lame and unacceptable. I will NEVER use Budget again.

Original review: June 28, 2022

I had a car rental from Budget original price $1,200 reserved for 5 days. When I got to the counter at Salt Lake City, UT the price had increased to $1,600. I was told by the group I rented to return the minivan because it was not the original price agreed on. Took it back within 20 minutes and I was charged $213.00 for a day's rental and insurance. Talk about a rip-off and that is after they made me wait nearly 45 minutes to get the minivan.

Original review: June 27, 2022

Do not rent a car from Myrtle beach Budget car rental. I had called to reserve a car seat a month prior to our trip. First of all when we arrived at the airport the line was over an hour long to get our car. Mind you we had just been on a plane with our baby, who was now fussy and tired. So that alone was a nightmare. When I got to the counter I was told they had sold out of car seats a few days ago, even though I had a confirmation email confirming our reservation. This meant nothing apparently.

When asked to speak to someone else I was told they don’t have a manager or anyone else I can talk to. So now I am stuck at the airport with my baby and no car seat. I was told by the women that I can go to Walmart to BUY my own car seat. She proceeded to give me directions like she’s done this many times before. I was not given any compensation for the hassle this caused. I was given a 1 800 number after waiting for 45 mins, they offered me 50$. The car seat cost 100$.. So that was pointless. I will never rent for budget again.

Original review: June 27, 2022

In Denver I picked up a vehicle by the airport. I was told GPS would be $21 a day. I declined. When getting a car I was told to choose any. I was annoyed because I paid for full size. If they were going to let me choose, I could have paid for economy and gotten the same vehicle. One vehicle had a broken taillight. Another a foot long crack on the windshield. Eventually I chose a 4runner which interestingly had GPS. After I left I noticed a symbol displayed on the dashboard. The 2 front tires were over inflated to 45 and 60! So much for safety, does anyone inspect cars before renting them out?

Original review: June 25, 2022

We was called 3hrs before our reservation and they told us they didn’t have our 12 passenger van. Then they could give us 2 7 passenger suv and they would give us a price adjustment but they have yet returned my call. And I’m not happy!! Don’t tell me to do something and then them not talk to me about it. We wanted the 12 passenger van for a reason so we would have two people to switch off back and forth driving but we could do that.

Budget Rent-A-Car author review by Lauren Fix

Founded in 1958 to appeal to the cost-conscious consumer, Budget is one of the most popular car rental brands. It serves renters in over 120 countries from its more than 3,000 locations. Budget is owned by Avis Rental Car.

• Business-friendly rates: Business customers can save up to 30 percent on car rentals with a BudgetBusinessProgram account.

• Prepay and save: For customers who book and pay in advance, the Pay Now rate saves up to 35 percent on the cost.

• Inexpensive no-show fee: At Budget, the fee for a no-show is only $50 on a missed pickup; everything else is refunded.

• Discounts: Active duty, retired military and their families can all save up to 25 percent on rentals. AARP members can enjoy savings of up to 30 percent off Budget base rates when renting a vehicle from a participating location in the contiguous U.S. and Canada. Rent a car for up to four consecutive days, including a Saturday night, and save $20.

• Fast reservations: Budget advertises a 60-second reservation process, letting travelers reserve the vehicle of their choice on the go and in just a minute.

• Truck rental: Budget features a reliable, diverse commercial truck fleet, nearly 1,900 convenient U.S. locations, daily, weekly, monthly, local and one-way rentals for business or moving.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Advisor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Budget Rent-A-Car Company Information