Budget Rent-A-Car

Compare Rental Cars

Research top Rental Cars recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Very dissatisfied with the way customer service, sales or their complaint department. I'm going over the road driver out on the road my fiancé's car broke down in St. Cloud Minnesota. Went to rent A Budget Rent-A-Car online, succeeded in that, went to pick up the car. When she got there they decided that the debit card was not appropriate which was the one that she used online. We have just moved her back to St. Cloud. So driver's license in a few things does Not match since we just moved. So they declined to render the car. Her ride had already left and they didn't even offer to call a taxi or anything for and she started walking to a place a couple of miles away.

Everything would be just fine then we got declined only wish that they would've told us that online. And the least they could've done at Saint cloud budget rental car could've at least made sure that a single lady had a way to get back home. That is total and complete disregard for a customer or their safety to have a single lady walking back across town. Granted she will be calling Uber or lift. That just does not say much that when your car is broken down and you're trying to read another one. To be able to get her around that they leave her stranded clear away from the house. And then when you call the customer service line and ask them about it they say they have no control as to how their dealerships treat their customers. That's a pretty poor excuse to be making the lady possibly walking always cross town.

I said my piece there was mistakes made but it's still not right to treat any lady that way. I only hope that they never get stranded or in a predicament where their daughter or their wife is set out on the street to start walking after somebody had already made an agreement and a confirmation number that everything was good. I've said my piece I hope everybody else has better fortune on dealing with them budget Rent-A-Car.

I am having a difficult time returning a vehicle 4 hours away from where I need to fly from and Budget is unwilling to help. I evacuated from Miami, FL with my 6 year old because of hurricane IRMA and the closest flight I could get to my family was to fly into Memphis, TN and drive to my family's home in Huntsville, AL. The airlines have been kind enough to waive change fees for Hurricane Irma victims and changed my departing flight to the city I am currently in, Huntsville, AL. Unfortunately, Budget Rent-A-Car is unwilling to help and refuses to allow me to drop the car off in the city I am flying from, so I have to figure out how to drive it back to TN and get back to Huntsville to catch my flight. This was my first time renting from Budget and I will never rent from them again. Other larger organizations like airlines and cell phone companies have offered services and waivers for hurricane victims, it's too bad Budget has not!

This is the worse company to rent a moving truck from. I had a discount through my car insurance co. So I get a good rate. My mother in law was paying for the truck for us. She calls to make the payment. They tell her she has to be there to sign the contract when we pick up the truck. Problem is she was 3 states away. Then she said she would just send us the money. They say if we use cash or a bank card we will be charge a $150 NON-refundable deposit. So we had to find someone to let us use their major credit card as we didnt have one. If you use that then you won't get charged the deposit.

Took a few days to find someone so my rate quote was not honored. So I paid the extra $44. We reserved the truck 3 wks before our moving day. Two days before we were to pick up the truck, they call to say they dont have a 16ft we reserved. They ask if I want a 12ft. Seriously??? I pay almost $500 for a 16ft and you mess up on my reservations and you're gonna offer me a smaller truck??? Eeerrr...

So they finally found the 16ft. When we pick up the truck, they charge me another $73 for tax!! Now that should have been included when I paid for the truck. I called customer service and complained. They did say because no one said I had to pay more money and since they messed up and tried to offer me a smaller truck they will refund me the $73 after dropping the truck off. Also, inside of the glove compartment of the truck, were roaches in it!! This is a horrible company! They need to fix their horrible customer service altogether! I will never use them again. I rather pay more for U-Haul or for professional movers!

PLEASE DON'T RENT FROM THIS FRAUDULENT COMPANY. We booked and fully paid for our rental car online. On collecting it from Miami Airport the counter staff tried to sell additional PEP (personal effects protection). We declined and were assured the only additional charges to our credit card would be road tolls. Our signatures were taken on a blank tablet computer touch screen.

On return to the UK we were invoiced for $75+tax for PEP, the charge having been made against our credit card on the day we returned the vehicle. I was unable to contact Budget by phone and they did not reply to my email within 15 days. I have now been told the payment was not for PEP but for an 'emergency sickness plan' a product we were not told about and certainly never verbally agreed to taking. Even now I do not know what this policy covered as no information was supplied. Signing a blank computer screen is not the same as endorsing a printed contract. I believe there is fraudulent selling of insurance by counter staff at Budget and I expect they are working on commission and to targets.

Their staff are not listen. I told him that I have book through Costco for $120 and change. I had told him I want nothing extra than I have book through Costco. However, he put all extra that I did not aware nor wanted. He did not tell me how much or anything. He said sign and then you are all set. I want to get out of there because I waited for my rental car for more than an hour. When I return rental car it cost me $309.43. I try to told one of a staff after I found out, he said it is my false that I sign without reading. I have to catch the flight so I don't argue with him. They all are rude and unprofessional. I will not recommend Budget Rent a Car and I will not rent a car again. Also, there is billion of ant in the car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Rent-A-Car?

I reserved a vehicle for pick up at London's Heathrow Airport. Upon my arrival and check in at the Budget rental office, I was told that they had no vehicles available in the size category I had reserved; therefore, they would provide me with an upgraded vehicle AT NO EXTRA CHARGE. After I turned in the vehicle, I noticed that I was charged for the upgrade -- and it was no small charge. It almost doubled the rate I was quoted on my reservation. While in Britain, I rented the car for 2 days from Budget, which cost me more than $100 more than what Enterprise charged me for a 3-day rental of a nicer car. When attempting to submit a complaint on the Budget website, their forms don't work -- they keep asking for the proper code for the pick-up and drop-off. Thus, the corporation doesn't receive many complaints via their website. Use Enterprise -- Avoid Budget!!!

I was really disappointed with their service regarding the lost and found service. 2015 rented a car and daughter left our house key. After a couple of hours I went to the rental office to ask for the house key, they said, the car I rented was gone. Before that I kept calling but it's hard to get in, that's why I decided to go personally. Recently, I rented again, I left my prescription sunglasses after all I tried my best to check any valuable items. The same response I got. No items found because the car I rented was gone already and rented already to another client. The agent said he will check once they returned the vehicle. Why? They should also check before and after. Accidents sometime happen that you will miss to check. Just concern to their client, please check before and after if there was left item. Don't focus only if there's any damage of the car.

Rent a vehicle and what they don't tell you adds up in dollars. They neglect to tell you many things about your rental and if you add a day, for example, they automatically change your entire rate to a day rate instead of the weekly rate you prepaid.

On August 4, 2017. Rented a 12 passenger van from Budget in Beaverton Oregon. Went to pick up and was told that van was on a safety recall list and they do not have another van in that location. Sale agent called and there was one at Portland airport. I know that if I go to the airport they will charge me the extra fees. Agent called and confirmed with customer services that I will get that extra fees refund after the rental, customer services even give me the reference number to the refund. Drove 1hrs to airport, found out that their 12 passengers van was also being recalled. Reason of getting the 12 passengers was that my insurance will cover it plus I have no need for larger van.

Airport ending up giving me the 15 passenger van that my insurance did not cover. I end up buying Budget insurance for the van. After I return the van and called customer service for the refund, they told me they can not refund the extra service charges the airport office charged me because I purchase the insurance. I told them I had no choice of insurance since they were the one that gave me a car that my insurance did not cover. Long story short... They will not return the refund. If I would have know this... I should have drove the van into a pole before return. Because of this experience, I have cancelled my 3 future reservation with Budget. Their customer services staff and supervisor are a joke.

We rented a car at the Orlando Airport on August 12th. We declined any insurance and the gentleman told us we had until noon to return the car. I knew there was a grace period also so we thought we had until roughly 12:30 to return the car. My husband returned it at 12:09 and we were charged for an extra hour. I called after we got home and they said we were 3 minutes. So the gentleman on the phone said he would refund 25.00 back to us. I said ok and the next day I got 19.33 put into our account.

Then today I was looking at my receipt again and noticed that you they charged us 20.00 at drop off for the additional insurances. We declined the insurance so I called back and was told by Roger that because we signed a rental agreement, we agreed to the insurance?? We declined it at the counter when we were asked if we want it. I don't understand how they can just charge people for the insurance at drop off? This is horrible customer service. I would never rent through them again.

I am in Houston and scheduled to drop the rental car off on Friday. I was not able to with the flood. I explained to them I can get the car back as we are under water. He advised me I would be charged 10 dollars a day plus rental until I return the car. Are you serious? This is a emotional time for me and that all you can say. I am so not happy right now. Talked to the regular customer service then the supervisor and he was just as rude.

I was told the tank was full. I was out in traffic when I discovered it was only half Full. On returning the car I mentioned it to the Agent. He checked his computer. And I heard him say to his Supervisor that the Car was not Filled that day. The agent wanted to help. But the Supervisor said I needed proof. And dismissed the Complaint.

I am writing after reading bad reviews on Budget. Coming from overseas, I rented a car for two weeks in July in Chicago suburbs. No special deals. Bought it on the internet a day earlier, prepaid, including all the insurance, $819. Two weeks later I brought it back, and at check out they said I get a refund of $198. I asked WHY!!! He didn't know, maybe I overpaid. Huh? I was floored. And like he said, I saw it on my credit card account a few days later. No explanation. The bill just says "Refund - from T/A" Thank you T/A, whoever you are!

I thought the old ways of the car rental agencies are over, but Budget is still playing those tricks on their customers. There were several scratches in the right rear of the rental car I rented in Bergamo and returned in Milan, and there was a circle for damage in that area on my rental contract. Nevertheless, they charged me 400 Dollars for "new" scratches at that same place as I returned my car – even though I did not have any incidents while I used that car. Plus, they discredited my complaint that these scratches were already on there, using blurry photos as "proof". I can only recommend: 1) Rent from a different company. 2) If you have to use Budget, be very careful to rent only an immaculate car with NO prior damage. 3) Get the full coverage insurance (it would have cost me slightly less then paying for the damages I did not inflict).

Went to AA Vacations and compared rates... Budget came out on top. Prepaid for the rental and we were ready for our trip to Seattle. A few weeks later, we were greeted at the Budget rental counter in Seattle with a 2-hour wait in line. Finally got to the front, checked out with our agent (Daniel... nice guy) who said, "Looks like you're all prepaid and ready to go." Had a wonderful time in Washington for 9 days.

Turning the car back in, the Budget agent hands me a receipt for $172. Thinking this was verification of our prepaid status, I thought nothing of it... until we get our credit card statement showing we were billed TWICE. Calling the HORRIBLE customer service line and speaking with "Eddie," I'm told the PREPAY was for "base services only" and the additional $172 were for "taxes and local charges." Really? Washington roads weren't THAT nice. I spoke with his manager "Carlos" who was just as rude and insistent that these were legitimate charges, even though the counter agent verified this was PREPAID and made no suggestion there would be additional charges. SCAMMERS, big time!

I travel quite a bit for business and have never been treated by anyone like this. NO concession to offered to make the customer happy indicates to me that Budget is having some serious "budget issues" themselves since they have to charge hidden fees and hang on to every cent instead of ensuring customers are taken care of. Next time, I'll know better!

In March 2017, my family who some have medical emergencies were headed to San Francisco, reserved a Mercedes with Budget for 403 dollars which is what they call a 'pre-paid' reservation. This is an excuse to take your money, hold it for months and give you a more expensive rate for a lower end vehicle. There was only a low end Ford car for over a 100 dollars more. I went over to National/Alamo avoiding Avis/Budget. Rented a Kia for the same rate as the Mercedes needing to charge current rates and not able to get the discount warranted 5 months earlier. Since then Budget / Avis has been nothing but rude. They gave me a refund of 230 on the date of refusing the rental and a week later the rest. They told me they were being nice to not charge me a cancellation fee.

National/Alamo has never pulled a stunt like this but apparently Budget/Avis does it all the time. They hold your money for months, don't have the car, charge you more at current rates for less of a car. National/Alamo was nice and you get to pick the car. Been attempting to deal with customer service of Budget/Avis. They are unhelpful and rude. Would give less than a star if possible. Will get all rental trucks and cars elsewhere in future.

They charged us $345 TWICE and then an additional $91 the day we returned the car. They refunded one of the $345 charges but explained the $91 was because we did not refill the car, which would never happen as my husband refuses to pay the fees associated with and empty tank. In order to have the $91 removed I have to produce a receipt which thankfully I have but we typically pay in cash so we would have been out of luck. Keep your receipts people AND or take a picture of the gas tank upon returning. I definitely will in the future.

I rented a car from Budget at Sears in West Dundee Illinois. I rented a compact Hyundai. I was traveling to Fort Wayne Indiana for a week. On the 2nd day with the car we were driving on a Sunday evening down a 40 MPH road when we heard a loud pop and then we heard a sound like the typical flat tire sounds like. We were following some friends. When we got out to check, there was no flat tire. We looked further under the car and could not see anything wrong. We proceeded a little further very slowly, and then the left rear tire went flat. It had a busted belt sticking out of the inside at the rim.

I'm a member of AAA Motor Club which I have free roadside assistance and free towing up to 100 miles. When I read the brochure that was in with my Budget paperwork, it said to call them if I was stranded. When I called and explained everything to the Budget rep, I asked if I should be calling them or AAA Motor Club. She said they would take care of everything. She wanted to know if I was capable of putting on the spare so I could drive the car to the nearest Budget facility. She then said, "Make sure you have a spare. Some of our cars don't come with a spare." She was right. I was one of the lucky ones that had a car with an air pump and no spare. Problem is the pump only works for a small hole just to get you off the road. They said they would send a tow truck and bring us to the Budget at the Airport which was 20 minutes away and put us in another car. Everything turned out just as promised.

Here we are a month later and I just received a $164.00 threat that they were going to charge my credit card on 8/18/17 for the service call. I called the number on the letter and that's when the runaround started. I spoke to 2 reps only to be told that there was nothing they could do for me. I explained and re-explained everything over and over again to no avail. I was told immediately that there were no supervisors that could help me. I emphasized that I would have had AAA pick me up if I was going to be charged for this and that it's not my fault that the car didn't come with a spare. She talked over me repeating the chapter and verse in their contract that the customer is solely responsible for everything on the car which would include my checking if the car comes with a spare. (Even though it doesn't state that) She kept repeating herself about how it's always the customers' responsibility no matter what.

I'm now on a letter writing campaign with Budget and Sears. Trying either of these two companies on the phone or through email is a full time job in itself. I feel like I was totally bushed on this transaction. I told the Budget Rep that I would stop my credit card from allowing the charge. She then said, "Well I guess we'll then put you in collections and ruin your credit". This just happened to me 2 hours ago. I have already told 4 people. I have a business that I own with very large customer base for many years. I am a member of a mega church in my area for the past 35 years. I'm in a leadership position there. I will make it my goal to tell no less than 1000 people over the next month about the wonderful treatment I received from Budget. I'll be keeping track.

My boyfriend and I rented a car from Budget in Orlando, Florida from Aug 2-8, 2017. The reason I chose them was because I got my quote online for $262 and they were the cheapest of all the rent a car places. We picked the car up at the airport, I could barely understand what the guy said to begin with but I know I specifically told him that I did not want the insurance and he gave it to me regardless of what I said. We get back to the hotel. I look over the receipt it said $500, what a jump from $262. I called Budget. They said there was a $250 hold & that I would get that money back (I did not). After all said and done we drop the car off and I am still being charged $500. I call and try to fight. I kept getting hung up on and they gave me $150 back for my inconvenience. I will not rent a car from them again, everything was misleading and a lie. Do not trust this company.

Rented car through Expedia for July 16 at McCarron. Rental agent told me if I brought car back full I would not be charged the "optional" $34.58 gas service option. Was assured it would be taken off credit card when I turned car in. Turned in full and again assured by check in attendant that it would be taken off bill. Guess what? Still on credit card bill! Do they do this to everyone and hope you don't check the bill? After several calls finally reached "Jenice" and she removed it... Also was given free upgrade on car rental by attendant. Then found I was charged $10.00 for upgrade. Jenice said she would contact agent and get back to me in 72 hours. 2 weeks later called Jenice and she said she would call me back in 2 hours. Never called! Be careful! Wonder how many people they do this to?

Arrived in Italy. Had confirmation on a large vehicle for a week's stay for a family of 4. Had all the order confirmation total price we were to pay, type of vehicle that was suppose to waiting on us. Well nope they said they didn't have it anymore, charged us double the price for a small vehicle. 1200 not what we were quoted. These people know you have no choice but to take what they give you seeing you're in a foreign country. Did my brother in law the same way. He had to pay double also but did get a van which we were able to put some of our luggage in his van. Or it would been sitting on the road. Another group went through dollar rental received a van for half the price. Went with Budget because it was a well known place but no more. Will do my research on all rental car places.

I left my GPS in the car at drop off location on 7/1/17. When I realized where I left it, I called the Buffalo Budget location and talked to a young lady by the name of Elizabeth. She stated she would check for it and I gave her my phone number. Within an hour she called me stating my GPS was located. I was asked to describe the color of the case and the items inside of it, which I did. Elizabeth said, "I have it." She then asked for my credit card information to send it to me. After giving it to her I thought I would receive a confirmation number? She said that the person handling processing will send me an email. I asked for that person's phone number, the number I received was the wrong number. I found Elizabeth's number on my caller ID and called back for an update. When she finally came to the phone she said she will have her supervisor give her the tracking number and will call me back. That call never came.

I called the next morning (7/11/17) and was asked to hold, I did. I was listening to a song till it stopped playing, then the phone when silent (I could hear voices in the background). Shortly after that the phone hung up. I called back and the phone just kept ringing, no one answered. I re-called the number again, someone lifted the receiver and hung up..

I called the next morning (7/12/17) and asked to speak with a supervisor concerning my GPS unit. I spoke with a lady named Michelle who was aware of my situation and informed me that Elizabeth was not available because she was trying to find out who had physical control of my GSP. Michelle said she would go to the supervisor and ask him to come to the phone. When Michelle returned she said he could not come to the phone right now, but he was also trying to locate the GPS and he will call me. I asked Michelle what the supervisors name was and she replied Sean. That call never came.

Now I am VERY concerned that someone chose not to talk to me since this person has my credit card information, and by not wanting to help follow-up on this matter, it's very disturbing! My opinion about the people in Budget Customer Service at the Buffalo NY international Airport location are in serious need of training! This matter should be look into! The next morning I called Budget and reached a man by the name of Joe. I told Joe the whole story about my GPS. I told him how I had to use my cell phone to get to customer service because no one would answer calls from my house phone. Joe apologized for what I have been going through and that he will look into it. I gave him my home and cell phone number. Joe left a voice message on my cell phone stating that so far, he had no luck finding my GPS, but will continue to look into it. He stated he will call me back, and to give him until Monday or Tuesday.

Wednesday (7/19/17), no call from Joe. I called the number that Joe left as a message on my cell phone, someone answer the phone but again the phone was hung up. I then called back to customer service and insisted on speaking with someone that will help get to the bottom of this issue! I talked to a person by the name of Fernando, after taking down situation info he insured me that he was going to turn this matter over to the customer relations department. He said, I will need you to give us 7 to 14 days to find out why Elizabeth took your credit card information and didn't return the GPS to you?

After the 14 days (8/3/17) I received no calls. I called to customer service and talked to Ron explaining the purpose of my call, and he put me on hold. When he returned he said that an email was sent to me on (7/6/17) saying that the item was mailed out. I informed him that I received neither the email nor the GPS! I asked for a tracking number which he could not give me. He said someone from customer relations department would call me that day. The next day no one had called so I called Sean and asked what was going on? Sean said that Elizabeth was on vacation for 3 weeks and he had also been on vacation for 2 weeks. He would talk to her on Monday (8/7/17) when she returned. I have had no further calls from Budget. I would like some help to resolve this matter!

Really annoyed with Budget. We booked and paid for our car hire before we left UK ensuring we were fully covered with insurance through rentalcars.com. When we arrived at the airport we queued for about 30 minutes. That wasn't too bad after a 9 hour flight. The Budget male assistant was really friendly asking us if we wanted this insurance, sat nav, toll meter etc to which we replied a firm NO to everything. He said that's fine sign the screen which we did.

When we arrived home we have had $260 dollars taken from our account for PAI, looked this up. Personal Accident Insurance. I phoned Budget in England who said they would get the paperwork over from Orlando airport. On phoning them again the following week all I got was "Well you signed for it." They weren't interested in the fact we said NO. Word of warning. When you are at the airport double check everything as that friendly guy serving you is probably just trying to fool you into signing for extras you do not want. Hard lesson learned.

DO NOT RENT A VEHICLE FROM BUDGET. They lied to me on every single step. I have book and reserved my Van and got email confirmation. I have called 3 times to confirm and they verified. Drama starts from their location on 199th and Metcalf in Overland Park, KS. The guy at the counter said he called me but didn't get through to let me know that they don't have van at this location. I ask him the number and he just simply swapped last digit of my phone number. Like I said I have verified 3 times with them using my phone number. So that was their 1st lie. Then he offered me to go their other location which was around 20 miles away, and said the vehicle is ready there. Before I go I ask him to verify and he called that location and you can tell that he was calling first time. He ask them if they have van and they simply said they don't have any van available. He simply told me that they don't have it there and ask me to go to the airport.

Because of his constant lies I called their main number again, and ask for a supervisor. The supervisor checked at the airport and all of the other locations and told me that its all sold out and they don't have van for me. I took couple of days off from work and reserved my hotel in Chicago and messed up because of Budget. Long story short, I end up rented from Enterprise on a higher rate and also I had to park my car at the airport for 4 days. Never ever go to Budget.

Location: 12000 Missouri Bottom Road Hazelwood, Mo. Great experience! Great rates for AARP members. Better rates for prepaid. Friendly counter help. Vehicle was late getting to the location, however, counter help kept apologizing. They had tried to contact me on my cell phone to let me know about the delay, but being me, I had not turned my cell phone on. (I'm not a big user of my cell phone.) LOL. There was a mileage discrepancy, but I had my confirmation and they are reviewing it. Sent a copy of my confirmation with the mileage listed and I am positive this will be corrected. Never again will I rent from Enterprise. Budget is the way to go.

On July 25, 2017, I rented a car from Budget Rent-A-Car at Milwaukee airport. The car's gas gauge was a little less than 1/2 tank. And the car was nasty inside, inside windshield was gross. When I took the car back, I told them about the gas gauge. They billed me over $81.00 for gas. And on the agreement, it stated that the gas gauge was FULL... My son was with me, and I do have a witness. I took the car back on the same capacity. I disputed this.

Beware of Budget Car Rental. They practice deceptive business practices. I rent cars regularly for business. Sometimes the rental place asks me if I want an upgrade which I refuse because I can't get reimbursed for the difference nor do I need a bigger car. When I recently rented a car in Minneapolis at the airport there was no discussion of an upgrade. I refused the insurance and told them I would fill the gas tank before returning which is how all my rentals are handled. However, when I dropped the car off I found they charged me a $12 upgrade per day (11 days) plus taxes.

I contacted Budget and they say I signed the agreement so I agreed to the upgrade. This is incredibly deceitful and just pure poor business practice to try to slip in an upgrade and extra charges without discussing it with the customer especially since I made a reservation based on the rules of my agency. It amazes me that "reputable" businesses continue to try to screw the customer. This doesn't ensure repeat business and now I will have nothing but bad things to say about this company. I believe they are affiliated with Avis so I will not be using that company anymore either. Again, beware and make sure you read any agreement you sign. Unbelievable.

I recently rented from Budget - which was a difficult decision based on all the negative reviews I read online about Budget and other car rental companies. I have to say that Budget employees were the absolute best and made it a great experience. When I got to the counter at the San Jose Airport there was a line due to those who did not book vehicles prior to travel. I thought I may hear excuses as to why my car wasn't there. Instead I had a wonderful rep who got me quickly on my way. The car was easy to locate and I had no problems with it. The only snag was returning it to the airport - which is the airport's problem, not Budget. The gentleman who checked my vehicle upon return was friendly and efficient. I don't often write reviews, but after seeing all the bad ones I wanted to be sure to say thank you to the employees and share at least one good review!

We rented from Budget at BWI airport a full size car. The car was mechanically in bad shape. Once on the I95 doing 65 miles an hour the car start to make a noise on the rear wheels and it was vibrating. We called the nearest branch from where we stayed and they couldn't help us because they didn't had that size available. We took the risk to drive the car to DC where our final destination was and returned it at Reagan National Airport.

There they put the car out of service immediately and we were told to contact BWI branch about this problem. We tried to call but did got anyone we were put on hold for longer than 15 minutes and then the call got disconnected. We tried the 1-800 number and we did got anyone on the line. We went personally at the BWI branch and a rude operations manager did not wanted to hear about a refund instead he threatened us to call the police. Also he did not wanted to provide his full name. He only gave us his first name. As a first time customer I will never rent again from this company and I will let friends and family also know about our bad experience with Budget car rental.

Horrible service - I would not recommend. I made the reservation online - $400.40 for 5 days for mid size car with GPS. When I arrived that car was not available and I was told that I needed a variety of insurance and car protection products, the total would have been $800.00. I asked ADITYA why I was being charged double and he argued with me that it was not double. I'm not a math wizard but $800 is twice as much as $400.00. The same representative was present when I returned the car and was even ruder. Unfortunately when you get off a plane tired and rushed, you cannot shop around for a better deal and are stuck being overcharged. I was charged $100 for the upgrade and 97.33 for the "vehicle location fee". I would never recommend Budget.

Compare Rental Cars