Budget Rent-A-Car

Compare Rental Cars

Research top Rental Cars recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I reserved my car and prepaid for it in July 2016 (over $1300 USD). When I arrived to pick up my car (in November 2016) I was told that there were none available, at all, of the type I'd reserved and paid for. I felt put on the spot to upgrade to another, more expensive, larger car or...nothing. I needed to get to my destination and so chose the larger car. I resent being put on the spot to pay for a more expensive car that cost me more to drive than the more economical car that I'd paid for initially several months in advance. (What is the purpose of paying for a rental car and having my credit card debited months in advance and then not get what I've paid for?) So far I have received minimal satisfaction in talking to Customer Service about this (oh, they dropped $104 USD from my additional bill of over $500 but, in my mind, I was given a choice of no car or take an Overcharge to a rental I didn't want and had not reserved).

I'd seen the car I was given on their website and didn't want it as it was too expensive to rent and cost more in gas mileage. This 'upgrade' cost me at least $300 USD in excess gas! This to me is a classic Bait and Switch to get more money out of me. The Customer Service Representative in Corporate told me on the phone that when she looked up the type of car I wanted to rent the LA Airport office (where I was picking up my rental) had over 200 of them available that day! She had no answer as to why I was told they didn't have my reserved and prepaid car available. I have rented several times from Budget but this is the last time. I've used Thrifty, Enterprise, National and Dollar in the past and will go back to one of them as I've never been treated so poorly by them.

We rented a car on 10/17/2016. We did not need it until 11/05/2016. They took the money out of my account the very next day. While booking they asked about insurance. I checked no. When we arrived to pick it up, they talked my wife into getting insurance, $257.00. We didn't notice it until a few days later. We promptly called, and they told us it would be put back in, in 3-5 business days. They totally mislead us and gave us the worst car in the fleet. Think twice about using Budget, it is not worth the headaches!!!

I went through the AARP discount site in renting from BUDGET. This was a pre-paid reservation. Prior to using the rental I called for a price adjustment 2x as the rate of use had decreased. When I did not see the credit on my Visa statement I called BUDGET and was told that my credit would be applied when the rental was returned. Image my surprise when, one week after returning the car I had not received a credit. Was first told there was no record of my receipt that a credit was due (but that I could email documentation to dispute bc they had no such documentation). In speaking with a supervisor I was told that my $60+ credit was actually just $11 because I had agreed to an upgrade at the airport (mind you I received an economy car and was never asked if I wanted an upgrade).

She did not want to hear any rational explanation as to how this was not possible, just simply stated that I had signed the agreement (I asked the woman at the airport when I saw that I was signing for the original purchase price if signing would impact my credit - she stated NO). When I stated that I wanted to speak to the fraud dept the supervisor informed me that she was in charge of that dept too - go figure - and that there was no fraud. I hope the $50 they cheated me out of was worth it as I will never use/recommend this company again. I am also contacting AARP and letting them know not to recommend this company.

Just avoid Budget. I rented so many cars in the past from different car rental companies, and never had any issue. It was my first time with Budget and I had all kind of issues. People on the counter are not nice. The price is different than what I booked online. I asked for the manager to explain the issues and the lady on the counter told me he is not here. I insisted to talk to him, then he came out from his office. He was not nice with me. I wish I booked with a different company.

I needed to rent a rental car for Thanksgiving trip home to see elderly parents in GA and was told when I called Budget's 1-800 number, that as long as I prepaid for the rental online with my debit card there would only be an additional $100 debit card hold at time of rental pickup. Additionally I was told when I picked up the rental a credit check would be run but the outcome of the credit check would not affect my ability to rent the car.

The answers to these questions were important and I was asking them in advance knowing that after having recently gotten divorce my credit is not so good and I have no credit cards in my name at the moment. After being assured by the rental rep on the other end of the phone that these were the correct answers, I made a reservation and totally prepaid for the reservation with my debit card. After arriving at the airport at Thanksgiving, bags packed and ready to head to GA in the rental car, I was given completely different information at the counter. I was told there would be a $200 hold on my debit card and that if my credit was not good I would not be able to rent the car.

I then relayed the whole story of the conversation with the online rep and was told sorry. When I asked about getting my debit card refunded for the $200.44 I had already prepaid for the rental, they told me I'd have to call the 1-800 number and that it would take 3-5 business days to be reimbursed. Finally to add insult to injury, when I called the 1800 number for the refund and to cancel the reservation, I was put on hold for a ridiculous amount of time while I waited to be transferred to a supervisor. Budget STINKS!!! Do not use. As of now I am still on hold after 32 minutes and all I want is my stinking refund! Happy Thanksgiving from Budget.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Rent-A-Car?

I rented a car for a few days from the Budget rental and I have to say it was the most horrible experience. I have rented cars in the past numerous times for travel and never had this type of experience. The second day I had the car the battery died and the car wouldn't start. My fiancé had to stand outside in the car for a neighbor to give us with a jump. On the last day of having the car I had the same trouble where the car wouldn't turn on. I called customer service because when I called the pick up counter at JFK airport I was hung up on and the phone continued to ring. I called the 1800 number and the customer service rep was giving me unhelpful information while my fiancé stood outside in the cold. They wanted us to pay for roadside assistance. This is unacceptable! The car was a piece of junk and we shouldn't have to pay for anything that isn't our fault.

Customer service rep sent someone help us but to the wrong address to Pittsburgh NY and we were in Queens NY. I can't believe the amount of trouble we went through it was horrible! Customer Service wasn't of any help and when we spoke to someone about waiving the cost for the day because for the trouble we went through nothing was done. This rental car company should be shut down. They are no good and if I would have known they have 1 star consumer affairs I would have went somewhere else. Prices are cheap but service and quality of car is the worst.

My father reserved a car as he does 2-3 times every year for the past ten+ years. He phoned a day before (as usual) to reserve a car giving a credit card number (as usual) then gave a different credit card upon collecting the car (as usual) for payment (as this collects travel rewards). The clerk processed the card - As Usual. This has occurred every single occasion he rented in the past. Nothing appeared to be any different this time until the credit card statement showed Budget took the money upfront without telling my father.

I called on his behalf to refund card number one and have his travel card charged - as it was their error. Not only was the customer "service" representative unhelpful, he hung up the phone on us (he said he could only speak to my father, I said "he's right here" several times and passed the phone over when the representative just put the phone down). I called to speak to a supervisor, was kept waiting approximately 15 minutes and they refused to acknowledge any error on their part or attempt to help. We will never use Budget again.

Rented a Jimny in Suva, Fiji and the service was very poor and the vehicle was older than 5 years old, with mechanical issues. When braking the whole front end would shake violently. We could not return the vehicle since we were on our way across the island and it was after 5 PM. The rear door rattled so much that I stopped & checked twice to make sure it would not open. Budget representatives have stated the following: "When you rent a vehicle outside of the US & Canada, you can EXPECT to rent an OLDER vehicle and that more than likely has been REPAIRED! As long as it got you from point A to B, you're good!" Now that's a statement worthy of a company motto! They have compensated to the tune of $30 USD! OH BOY!!!

Due to snow in Denver, my 5:35 PM departure did not leave until 7. So I arrived at Dulles at midnight rather than 11 PM eastern. When I got to the Budget counter the woman said "you were supposed to pick up your car yesterday." I replied "if you mean 30 minutes ago", I said "you are correct." I explained my flight ran late - full stop for a rhetorical question - how often does that happen?

She told me that because I was "a day late" that my $52 rate for the day could not be honored but that I could rent the same car for $400. Really? She was nice and sympathetic about it, but she said she could not over-ride the system. Because I needed a car and where else could I go at that point, I called the Budget customer service line and 90 minutes later, they agreed to honor the $52 rate.

How is that for some great system. I spoke with the Budget President's office and they too apologized, but acknowledged that what happened was how their system is programmed. Even if it produced unfair results like this. I suggested that since algorithms now exist whereby cars can drive themselves, that this type of situation could probably be programmed around. Not sure he understood that. Much better companies to rent from. Stay away!

Very disappointed. I placed a hold on a Ford Taurus for Thanksgiving week, six weeks in advance. Budget sold all the Ford Tauruses without contacting me - even though it says "contact customer if anything changes." I contacted them one week before I was supposed to pick up the car and they told me they sold all of them. It was very stressful, it put me and my family in such a horrible situation.

We were counting on that car to drive us half way across the country and they didn't think it was important to let us know that we could no longer have the car. I WILL NEVER use this company again. I have used it previously for many rentals but I'm so dissatisfied, I will tell anyone and everyone I know of this experience. It put us in such a bind. Very bad communication, very bad customer service.

Booked online at the Plymouth rd., Livonia MI location. Went to pick up car same day after work. Was told I could not rent when I got there b/c I had bad credit? NEVER had a problem anywhere else. Was told my money would be refunded, yet here I wait, 10 DAYS LATER! Customer service gives you the runaround, got nowhere with them after going through many hoops. Had to take my complaint a lot higher. Just to get a $182 refund on a car I never touched! This place is a joke. Cost me a trip and days taken off work for nothing b/c it was too late in the day to rent elsewhere near me. Enterprise every time from now on.

I rented a truck from Budget, received my confirmation via email, checked my credit card, and saw a charge. More than 24 hours later I happened to look at my email to find that they sent an email informing me that the truck was not available. I checked online again and was saw there were still trucks showing on lots in Raleigh. After several phone calls and waiting for the inventory manager to call, we were told there were no trucks. I could still go online and order trucks. The manager did not seem concerned that this was a breach of a contract and that the company was falsifying information online by showing there were still trucks available. Apparently they have no trucks for rent so just don't even try.

I was about to have a wonderful vacation with my family when I came upon a huge line at the Budget Car rental in Orlando Florida. I was waiting patiently with my kids who were tired and wanted to go to bed. I was waiting for about an hour before I got to the counter for what I taught would have been get your keys and go deal. I was surprised at how fast everything changed. Apparently they had no car for the rate that we had booked and tried to sell us an upgrade with insurance which we declined. After waiting for almost 2 hours in total we finally go to get the car. We were given wrong directions and went up and down the elevator three times. I headed out to the car and was on our dream vacation when 24 hours later we had a flat tire and we changed it to the spare and went to the hotel. We proceeded to call the Budget at the airport and was told to call the roadside assistance which we did.

The roadside assistance told us to call the airport for another car. We were going back on forth for about 2 hours when finally late at night they ask that we return the car back to the airport. Before calling the airport we took it to a mechanic who said that the tire was defective at the side wall yet when we took it to back they said since we did not pay for the additional insurance we would have to pay for brand new tire. The other car I must admit was good and was equip with a EZ pass but we had no knowledge of it until we went thru the first terminal to pay with cash as we always do and she told us we had already paid because we had the pass. We never intended to have Budget pay for our toll expenses. There is a saying "If it's good to be true, it probably is". Don't be fooled. This was a horrible experience all the way around. If you got time and money to waste go rent a car from the Budget in Orlando, Florida.

Avoid Budget, save yourself the headache and go with a different company. I was overcharged $340 and have yet to get my money back. Horrible customer service, horrible rental experience. They have no problem stealing from people!

I will never rent a car from Budget again. My family and I went on vacation to Orlando Florida. I booked and prepaid the rental car a month in advance ($229 for 6 days). From the moment we arrived at the counter to get the car there were problems. First we waited at least 45 minutes to be waited on. Granted, there were other customers, but with at least 8-9 windows open, it should not have taken that long to be taken care of. When we FINALLY get to the desk we are greeted by a woman who could barely speak or understand English well. Everything she said needed to be repeated numerous times, and vice versa. I gave her all my paperwork from the booking site I had used. I advised her I wanted BARE MINIMUM insurance. Liability was $15/day, and personal injury was I believe $9/day.

OK, so after going back and forth 100xs trying to understand each other, she told us to go across the street to garage to get car. Mind you, our flight got in at 5 pm, and it's after 7 pm at this point. We go across the street to find the parking spot assigned to us. There is no car in the spot. We go to the counter in the garage to inquire what to do now. The woman looks confused as to why there is no car in the spot. She speaks to a couple people, calls us to the desk and tells us to have a seat, they need to "find" us a car. Isn't that what a reservation is for? So the car is there, waiting for us? 1/2 an hour later they finally "find" a car for us. We leave. It is now around 8 pm. The next morning I wake up, realize they had taken another $377 from my account. I freak out and call Budget. I can't get a human being. First I'm given to the front desk and get the answering machine. I leave a message. Then I call back again and try the manager's extension.

I get another machine and leave a message. I call my bank, explain the issue. They replace the money in my acct and tell me to call back if it happens again. I never hear from Budget. No one returns my calls. So now we are back from vacation. They take the $377 out again, over drafting my checking acct. I call my bank, file a formal dispute, then call Budget AGAIN. I actually am able to get a human. They tell me the $377 is for insurance. Insurance I specifically said I wanted the bare minimum of. After arguing with him for a couple minutes and realizing I was going to get absolutely nowhere, I gave up. Almost $400 in insurance??! All toll, I spent over $600 on a compact car for 6 days. Unacceptable. Filing a formal complaint and NEVER using Budget again. From beginning to end it was a nightmare.

I forgot I received two pay-by-mail tolls on a recent trip to Florida and later got a bill with a $40 penalty. I didn't pay it right away and just received a notice from Budget that they use a service to handle these tolls. The penalty was removed and my credit card was charged for just the toll fees. Thanks, Budget! I have used them for years and they are usually the cheapest rentals while always providing great service with no cancellation or change fees. (They are consistently cheaper even against a company discounted rate that my husband receives from National.)

After having problems with the Budget rental app I went to the counter to do the rental. The counter person offered me a walking "special" that included free road assistance and a cheaper insurance fee for the time of rental and that I could return the car earlier if I needed to. When all was set and done I notice that all those fees were added to the bill. (The bill was way high of I was expecting). I went back to questions her about it and she said that it was free but clearly it wasn't. When I decided to cancel she called the manager and said that I chose the road assistance (clearly a lie).

I was told that if I cancel they'll put a note on my file and I'll never be able to rent from them again so I went home. Next day I decided that I wasn't going to keep the car. The lady was so rude. She never explained to me that if I cancel the fee will double the price of what paid to a whopping $360.00. She made the cancellation and told me "Here, now call customer service. At this point I don't care what you do." I left furious. Clearly nowhere in the contract or the website says how much of the cancellation fee. Please don't rent from them.

We rented a van online from Budget through a package deal with park tickets at MCO Orlando airport. We paid for the van in advance and declined additional insurance. The day after we returned the van we were billed 177.45 for insurance and 49.52 for prepaid gas. We did not authorize any of this! While trying to sort it out with Budget we were hung up on 3 times and told there is no manager that could help. Terrible customer service and basically a scam.

Budget messed up my car rental and have taken £800 from my credit card. I am yet to get this money back even though this was back in September. They are an unethical company and I would not trust them. If you want a company you can trust and won't steal money from you, do not use Budget car rental.

I have rented one way rental Midway (Chicago) to Little Rock Airport (LIT) on 29 Oct. Pickup at 7.15 PM and return on Oct 30, 7.15PM. I opted prepay during the rental and paid 161$ prior to renting the vehicle pickup. On Oct 29th I went to the counter at Midway airport around 7PM. Customer care handed out the paperwork and told to take the elevator and car location. I waited for 15 - 20 minutes for wife as she went to rest room and went to the car to pick up the vehicle. I was travelling with 4 bags (50 lbs) and 4 carry-on bags. Around 8PM I picked up the vehicle.

On Oct 30th around 7.30PM I went to Little Rock (LIT) Airport to return the vehicle. I returned the vehicle and received the bill. I released that they charged me 158$ extra. I went to rental counter to get clarification of the bill received. Alina (customer care) said the extra 158$ for extra 40 min time. I told her that I picked the car around 8PM on Oct 29th at Midway. She said I can waive the extra day charges (138$) but cannot waive the extra day liability insurance. She asked me to write a note about the incident along with my phone number so that her manager (Keith) would call you and address the issue. I have rented one more vehicle from Enterprise from Oct 30, 9PM to Oct 31 9PM.

On Oct 31st I don’t receive any call from manager(Keith). I called the several times. Nobody picked the phone and went to airport to return the vehicle I rented at Enterprise. After returning I went to Budget and met customer care (Donald). I explained my situation to him and said that I was expecting call from manager (Keith) today but nobody called me. He said manager (Keith) is off today. Customer care (Donald) asked to write note about incident along with phone number said “Manager (Keith) will call you.”

On Nov 1st, I was expecting call from manager (Keith). I waited until afternoon and call them several times. Finally I got chance to speak with manager (Keith). I tried to explain my situation and he did not have patience to hear what I am saying. Finally, he said “I cannot help. You need to contact the Midway Airport.” place where I rented and given me the phone number. I called the phone number provide by manager (Keith). It was corporate phone number. I tried to explain my situation to them. They said to contact back the place where I returned the vehicle and said that it is past rental, “We cannot help you.”

On Nov 2, I tried to reach the customer care at Budget. No response from them. I emailed to manager (Keith) about the incident. He responded "I also spoke with Alana and she said she gave you the information to speak with the location in Chicago. She is ambivalent about any other conversation. I am so sorry but at this time I cannot take anything off of your rental." and responded to him to provide phone number at contact manager at Midway Airport. No response back from manager (Keith).

From Nov 2 - Nov 6, I tried to contact the manager at Chicago Airport but no luck. On Nov 7th, I went to Budget at LIT Airport. Finally I met manager (Keith) along with customer care (Alina). They finally said “We cannot help in this incident.” I tried hard to convenience them. They are not ready to listen what I speak. The extra charges of 158$ for 40 min late. (Actually I thought of returning 1 hour before but on the way to airport there was row car accident - 5 cars involved - I was struck in that traffic jam). Total they charged me 319.13$ for 1 day 40 min. I might have kept the vehicle one more extra day instead of returning vehicle to Budget renting another vehicle from Enterprise for the same period I was billed twice. I did not have any other words to speak to Budget customer care after this worst experience.

I rented a car in Milan, Galleria delle Carrozze, for a time period of 4 days. When arrived to take the car, this latter has been given to me in a very ruined body situation (many signs of previous accidents) and it was parked (with hazard lights on) in the middle of a 3-lanes road in front of the railway station, during the very peak on Fridays after work traffic in Milan. Despite such situation, the agent forced me in making the car check in the very position where the car was, without light and with cars driving fast close to me, endangering even my personal safety.

Due to such situation, during the car check I could not identify, among the many others, a small dent, visible only backlight (light that was absent in the check-in place), which I could identify only upon my return home few minutes later. Point to remark, I had not subscribed additional insurances given the very safe trip I was undertaking.

When checking-out on the same agency where I rented the car, they questioned me about aforementioned dent (clearly related to pre-rental damages), charging EUR 288,74 (VAT excluded) for the damage and EUR 65,00 (VAT excluded) for the administrative service, all accompanied by the very rude behavior of the attending personnel. Strongly not recommended car rental company, to avoid.

VERY SHADY! When renting a car, I expect the agents to try and upsell me but not lie. Wish I would have checked these reviews before picking up my car. I ended up getting additional charges on my bill just like others. Verbally I advised the agent that I didn't want additional coverage. We then moved to an electronic agreement that she provided little detail on and started advising me on how to answer the questions. There was a long line of people waiting so I went along not wanting to delay other travelers & assuming the agent was moving forward with what we discussed. There were 2 screens for what I now know where the optional additional coverages she stated one was optional so decline and one was required so accept. Conveniently the “required” coverage included 2 items both adding around $10/day.

When she provided me my total at the end it was more than I anticipated but didn’t calculate how much over until I was at my final destination. I called the local branch and no one was available so I was transferred to corporate customer service who said they noted my file with the issues but the local office would need to address it. He continued to assure me my file was noted and I should consult the local office. I called the local office a few more times but was unable to reach anyone and continued to be transferred to corporate. At that time I was done wasting my vacation on the phone.

I then addressed the issue when I returned the rental and they stated they were unable to find the notes from the corporate customer service rep. My original counter representative was working again and assured me she had worked there for 12 years and would never make a statement like I claim she did (after reading reviews I’m more confident than ever that she did make the statement). After discussing a few minutes longer, I gave up and let them know I would provide others with reviews of the service. When renting your car please be aware of what the total should be and if there are any unexpected charges address ASAP regardless of the line waiting behind you. I will never rent with Budget again and I hope this will help someone not make the mistake I did.

I never do reviews but my family had a bad experience with Budget. We went with Budget because we got a really great deal. We flew into Orlando, Florida and went to the car rental desk. We arrived late, at 11:30 pm and were extremely tired. We were grateful that Budget had promised our car to be at the correct terminal when we arrived. We ended up waiting about 45 minutes to get up to the counter and we were the next in line. When we got up to the counter, we encountered an extremely rude woman. She told us that they didn't have our van at this terminal but we would have to walk to the other terminal. The woman was asking questions, and I was answering the questions because I usually get these things all taken care of. (The reservations were in my husband's name).

The woman put her hand up to me and got really rude and said, "You can't answer these questions. The reservation is NOT in your name!!" To which she would ask, my husband would look at me and repeat the answers I gave him. She gave us several threats about what would happen if we did not pay for their insurance and if we did not do their gas plan. We finally got through with this, only to have to walk all the way to the other terminal. When we arrived at the other terminal, there was no Budget slot for the location the woman gave us. We spent maybe 15 minutes wandering around the parking lot before a man, from Budget, came up to us asking if we need any help. We told him where our van was supposed to be and he shook his head and said, "Budget doesn't even have that car space. They do this all the time."

He stopped in front of a random van and told us we could take that. We weren't sure if this would cause any problems but we just wanted to get out of there, so we got in. We had to stop past a last checkpoint where the man updated our new van rental and he again said, "Oh Man, they do this all the time." We were finally on our way. However, the cheaper rate was not worth all the hassle we had to go through. I'm sure this is an issue with this particular location but I will not take that chance again.

In N. Ireland the driving conditions are horrid. The signs are confusing, you drive on the left side of the road, the streets narrow, and to top it off there are roundabouts at every corner to put an extra layer of frustration. We rented a stick shift from Budget. They didn't have an automatic available. We had the car for an hour and then scuffed the tire so brought it back thinking us driving over there was not safe. They charged us for the next day's rental and repair for the tire.

Then they charged us $300 for breach of contract! I was the only one on the contract so my husband should not have been driving so having a breach of contract fine is reasonable but $300! Then we requested a lowered fee but all we got back was "oh no they breached the contract so we must charge a fee." Well duh! We were asking for a little good customer service here and maybe lowering the fee instead of only applying any fee that you could possibly think of. Really poor service here. Maybe the employees are so micromanaged they aren't allowed to be gracious.

On a recent trip to Pierre SD I reserved and prepaid for a rental car from Budget. I generally use National Car Rental and never have a problem. But a recent "deal" that my company secured with Budget enticed me to use them on this trip. I prepaid to save a few $$$ and was given a confirmation. Thanks to United Airlines I did not arrive in Pierre until 24 hours later. I called the budget location in Pierre to confirm that the car would still be available and at the same price. I was assured that was case.

Lo and behold, on arrival it took 45 minutes for the representative to even check out my car. Because of the prepayment it would not allow the local agent to check out the car, and when she finally finagled the system, I owed another $81.49. That's right, one day less and the daily cost of the car went up $25.00/day. Had I known this I would have cancelled my reservation with Budget and confirmed with another company. This is one of the biggest rip-offs in history. I guess they think that a captive audience has no choice but to accept the extra charge and live with it. I have filed a complaint with AMEX and intend to NOT take it.

A short time ago, I have used Hertz and Enterprise. No problems. Had to use Budget three days ago. Their gas policy is a ripoff. I selected the option of returning the car with any amount of gas in car. The car was given to me with 3/4 tank of gas. Upon returning the car, it had 1/2 tank of gas. They charged me $42.27 for gas. The car was a small Ford Fusion! It cost me about $23.00 to fill the tank! Upon complaining and calling Budget, they were not only rude but also said that is their policy. Do not use Budget.

I've been renting from this particular center for the past 6+ years (60 Thornton Rd, Lithia Springs, GA 30122). Things have happened on occasion that I never took into consideration but it's too much now. In the past, there have been times that they've "claimed" I didn't fill the car back up when returning so they charged my card... again. I KNOW for a fact I filled the car up each and every time because there's a gas station right across the street that I stop at in order to do so. Even if there was a time that they felt it was COMPLETELY full (past F), it still doesn't take $30 to fill up a tank from F to over F. I ALWAYS make a reservation, ALWAYS. But I've gone to pick up cars and they tell me they don't have any. They say that that budget.com overbooks them. But I don't understand this because don't they know their own inventory???!!!

This last time, this past weekend, I went to pick up a rental, and again, the reservation of my rental was unavailable. I would've had to go to the airport in order to switch out the cars but that wasn't possible since I was on a time restraint. But I was told I'd be given a discount since it wasn't what I reserved. So, I drop the car off, they give me a receipt with a sorry $7.00 discount for my inconvenience. But I wake up this morning to a totally different receipt in my email to see that they removed the discount... after I left the store. I WILL NEVER RENT FROM THIS PLACE AGAIN AND I ADVISE EVERYONE ELSE TO GO SOMEONE ELSE AS WELL!!!

In Oct 2016 I booked a Group B Budget Rent-A-Car online for a 3-day period from Norfolk, VA airport. I was quoted $35/day "due at rental counter", which included an upgrade. When I picked up the car, the counter clerk took 40 mins to process my transaction (due to some card issue). At the end of this very protracted process, she pushed the screen towards me and asked me to just sign "here" and "here" assuring me that this was just "all the standard stuff". I was only offered one "extra" (a fuel purchase option) which I agreed to.

A day after I returned the car on time and in perfect condition, my card was charged $390.49!!! This equates to $135/day! When I asked for the invoice, I noticed that they had added on a whole heap of extras which I did not want, nor ask for, nor was I asked to approve. Their only response is that I signed the contract. The increase included an arbitrary increase to $45/day for the car! This is a big con-job and their business practice is obviously a well-oiled machine designed to deceive the customer. It is unbelievably crooked and I can hardly believe how they can continually get away with this.

We were picking up the car at Tampa Airport, there were long lines and we just wanted to get our car and be on our way to meet our daughter. We were quoted for $184 and it wasn't until we got home that I realized we were charged $351. They had asked us if we wanted additional damage insurance and we declined, but because they were so charming and distracting, we didn't read the fine print and just initialed the contract (not thinking that we were being cheated).

I rented a car last September with Budget. I booked it on rentalacars.com like I Always do. This year the clerk told me that there will be a amount 123.04 shown on my receipt because I booked with a third party. At first I didn't want to sign my ticket cause I don't want to pay extra. The manager came and confirmed the guys story and said "there will be no extra charge".They both were lying. When I came home about 2 weeks later the amount was charged off my credit card. I contacted customer service and the amount charged was for a personal accident Insurance. What the heck?! The clerk and the manager are both lying right to my face and ripping me of just for their petty sales fee. Shame on them and shame on Budget! This was at Orlando international airport.

Compare Rental Cars