Need a good rental car company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.15/5

1873 Budget Rent-A-Car Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 13, 2019

I had to change the return of my vehicle location due to my grandmother passing away. Since I would be traveling internationally but would be returning to the out of state location before needing to drive back home I called Budget and was told there would be a $348 fee for returning the vehicle to a different place. I was very upset given all the expenses I was already incurring unexpectedly. I did get the runaround the first attempt at getting the fee waived but I called back and spoke to a gentlemen (I wish I could remember his name) and he was beyond empathetic and helpful! He explained that with proof I could get the fee waived. He provided me with the steps to the process and was very patient.

I rent with Budget often for personal and work travel, but this experience during such a difficult time made me a loyal customer. Even when they are slightly higher priced (which is not often the case) I prefer them. I never write reviews but I feel it’s important to highlight when things go right just like we are so quick to do so when they go wrong.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Budget in Las Vegas, Montana, Florida is the best service. Budget Rentals in New York is a nightmare. Even to the point of being uncooperative. Probably due to many people renting cars daily and having other issues besides just renting the car, i.e., credit card issues, debit card issues, et al. Staff not as pleasant and helpful and professional as in other areas named above. I assume that the Budget in NYC is such a busy remote place and you can get lost finding the one at JFK Airport. LGA is more conveniently located and easier to find and you are able to park your own car in the nearby parking areas.

Get expert buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I love Budget Rent-A-Car. They are my favorite Rent-A-Car company. Perfect prices, good customer service and my favorite part is that not only do they have good cars, but the cars aren't the base trim. They are always top of the line or near top of the line trims. I have no complaints, maybe just a minor nit-pick and that is they should try to get more cars with sunroofs. Only like the more expensive cars (Volvo XC90, GMC Yukon XL, etc) have sunroofs. But that doesn't matter, I rented 13 cars from them last year (2018) and now in 2019 I'm already by the 3rd one. I love Budget! I hope they never change.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I rent from Budget about every two weeks or so for work - mostly in Phoenix. This past week I had to go to the counter because there was a mix up with my Fastbreak number. While there, I witnessed, a very rude and arrogant customer complaining about the prices. He proceeded to talk down to the rep as if the rep created the price list. He either wanted something free/price reduction and thought being loud would work - or - he is just a disrespectful person that needs to learn some manners.

Either way, kudos to Nathan, and the manager that had to get involved, for remaining professional and courteous. I did not have the same patience as they did and after the man looked at me and tried to get me involved, I said what every other person within hearing distance wanted to say to him - but I won’t repeat it here. Anyway, I’ve never had a negative experience with Budget and employees are always super nice, especially at Phoenix and San Antonio Airports. And to the guy from Florida - hopefully you can learn how to treat hard working people with a little more respect or I won’t be the last person to call you out on it. Talking to Jesus might help you.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

For the second summer in a row I rented a car at Budget's Hanover MA store for my 6 week summer stay in Massachusetts and for the second time I was very impressed by the level of customer service I received from Joseph **, Agency Operator. This little store is extremely busy but managed to deal with me and the other customers with efficiency and respect. They gave me an upgrade at no extra cost and when I decided to stay an additional week, Joseph extended my rental at a very competitive price. The staff at this location made me feel they appreciated my business and Budget offered me excellent value.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Rent-A-Car?

Original review: June 19, 2019

After two month of returning the car, they kept my credit card charging without letting me know, any receipt or any valid reason, all of them tolls/fees. I rented a car for one week which then I returned it one day earlier but I am very upset by their service and fees.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Don't ever believe Sanford Budget employees when they promise you that it will be taken care of. I gave him my credit card, I was told this was needed to rent a car, and $350 gift certificates. I was later charged the full amount on my credit card because they say they have no record of my certificates. How do you lose certificates that were stapled to the rental agreement? I think we all can figure it out!! I have been fighting them every week since April.

I found out customer service isn't even allowed to make any outgoing phone calls. So all they did for me was email the Sanford Budget or chat on the computer asking, "Do you see any certificates?" "Nope ok I tried." I called the Sanford Budget many times myself and all they did was send me to customer service. I called and wrote the headquarters with the same results. I did more than customer service did. After the responses I received Budget is unhelpful and liars. Never will I use them again and no one else should either.

Original review: June 16, 2019

I rented a 2019 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid from Budget at the Redmond, Oregon airport of May 5 and returned it on the 17th. They gave me only one key for the vehicle and when I crossed into Idaho I found that the vehicle wouldn't go over 70 mph. A previous renter had set that limit in a software program called MyKey and it couldn't be removed without the master key, which I didn't have. No mention was made of this by Budget and over the next 11 days and 2700 miles I was frustrated and my safety was endangered by a car that couldn't go the speed limit in Idaho, Utah, Colorado and Wyoming.

WARNINGS: NEVER rent a Ford product that has the Mykey software unless you are given both keys! If any company puts such a vehicle in your hands, demand to be given a replacement or take it to a Ford dealer, have it fixed and send the company the bill! Ford has been putting that feature in their cars for several years and Budget shouldn't be putting their fleet on the road without fixing them!

Original review: June 15, 2019

JUNE 2019 - BUDGET CAR RENTAL AT SARSOTA-BRADENTON AIRPORT. I rented a car while my car was in the shop for extensive repairs & I didn't have a firm repair completion date. Discussed with agent who said I can keep car not to exceed 30 days. They had my credit card number for billing. After having the car for around 2 weeks. I got a message stating this was my last opportunity to "surrender" the vehicle before it is reported as stolen. Note this is the FIRST I've heard from Budget during the time I've had the car.

Further, one friend & one acquaintance contacted me stating Budget called them & threatened THEM WITH ARREST! Mind you, I haven't even had time to make arrangements for someone to pick me up to drop the car off. I've rented from Budget for years & have had vehicles for up to 30 days before. NEVER AGAIN! By the way, the vehicle was so dirty that I had to have the car washed myself because I could barely see through the windshield & the interior wasn't as horrible as the outside, but it had greasy marks & fingerprints all over the place. It was rather embarrassing to pick up my guests with the nasty interior.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I reserved my vehicle about a month in advance. It said I was eligible for 30% discount. When I placed my order, there was no discount so I called them. They will not give me my discount. I guess it’s a false discount offer. I’m sorry they did this because I have been using Budget Rental Car for years and have had good service. But this shines a whole new light on them. I’m very disappointed!?

Original review: June 11, 2019

Very bad experience. Budget rent out a car without spare tyre. I had a very bad experience hiring Budget Car on March 2019. I picked up the car from New York and drove toward Niagara Falls. I had a tire puncture on the highway a few miles before Buffalo at 3.00am. I had to stop on the side of the highway and called Budget road assistance. The customer service asked me to check if any spare tire. I was so surprised that actually THERE WAS NO SPARE TYRE IN THE CAR. So she cannot send roadside assistance to come and change the tire. She also cannot send a car to exchange because there was no Budget office open until 8 am.

It was snowing and very cold on the side of the highway. I was with my kid and my wife. So I asked the customer service to send towing and we would like to come with the towing to a nearby safe place, but she said no towing that can accommodate us inside the towing car. So Budget put us in trouble and has no solution for us. I had no option and called 911.

Short story, 911 truck towed the car and helped us. We have to pay for the towing. We are glad to arrive safely in Niagara Falls at 5 am. Thank you for 911. Next day I called Budget customer service to complain and get a refund. But they only give $40 credit. This was also after a few emails and calls. It was a very bad experience. I NEVER USE Budget Car Rental anymore. I better pay the good one and arrive safely at my destination. Is renting a car without spare tyre illegal?

Original review: June 8, 2019

This is the worst rental company Canada wide, they are a fraud, racist and unprofessional people. My advice to people of colour don’t give this KKKs your money. This company should be filing for bankruptcy soon.

Original review: June 7, 2019

On May 24th I went online and made reservations at Budget Rent a Car using my Walmart MoneyCard prepaid credit card. The transaction went through with the cost of 48.50 being the total for the day for a small economy car. I was given a confirmation number and my plans were set for the weekend!!.. OR SO I THOUGHT. When I went down to the Ocala International Airport and entered the trailer that their office is in I was greeted by two young guys at the counter who were taking care of an upset customer. After watching the man storm out I was next. I gave him my confirmation number and the same credit card that was accepted online. I was told it was a prepaid card and I would not be able to rent a vehicle. Now my balance at this time on the card was over 11 hundred dollars.

I was handed back my card and I asked well online they accepted it and from the first four numbers of the card tells you that it is indeed a prepaid card so why did it confirm that card. I was told "I don't know, but our policy does not accept prepaid cards." I never signed anything, I was denied the car and my weekend was suddenly ruined. I went back to my ride and told them to take me back home. Later that very same day May 25th I checked the balance on my prepaid card and to my surprise here is a charge from guess who? BUDGET RENT A CAR. They confirmed a reservation, then did not rent me the car which was to have cost 48.50, and now I find out they charged my card, they they don't accept $76.50. Wait that's 28 dollars more than it was supposed to have cost. How do you turn a guy down, ruin his weekend, then take his money with no signature and have it be more than what you were quoted.

This company is so sad and so many employees seem very incompetent. So I call customer service, explain I didn't get a car but was charged and needed my money put back on my card. They looked it up, saw it was cancelled and told me they can't find the charge. Well it's two weeks later they still haven't found the charge and this is after I supplied them with a screenshot showing their company took 76.50. It says it plain as day and they know I didn't get the car cause it says so on their computer. I've been given the run around for two weeks and nothing has been accomplished except raising my blood pressure every time I get told by another idiot that they can't find I was charged. Well look at the screenshot I sent you of my transactions where it says you took 76.50 and you know I didn't get a car so why aren't you returning my money.

Now today I'm told that's for my patience and this should be resolved within 1hr to 21 days. What, another 3 weeks. You guys are a joke. You're stealing my hard earned money. You denied me the car after confirming it and you charged a card you said wasn't good enough to rent one of your cards and charged more than the original agreement. And now it's gonna take 5 weeks for me to get my money that you should have never charged.... Warning warning. If you read this and ever use this company then you get what you deserve.

There's no one that can find why I was charged, where the money is, and they know I didn't get a car so hey dumbass give me my money. It's a no brainer but no another three weeks. This is an attempt to slide one past me but it's not happening. Stay away from these people. They steal people money. They charge you without you signing for it then they can hold your money back...well I guess forever. A total scam and a bunch of thieves.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Budget will NOT honor third party booking pricing. They will arbitrarily charge you whatever fees that they want to. They will not work with you or provide you with the correct breakdown. DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY, they will charge you more than three times what you booked the car for.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Viktor/Mario/Rago. I am grateful to the considerate and caring staff at the Firehall station. I rent here frequently, am always able to get a clean, fuel filled vehicle at very good rates. I even keep the vehicle an extra day at times, return it clean/full of fuel and am met with friendly, busy and gracious staff. I highly recommend you try here, before anywhere else, to rent any size vehicle. Even when they did not have it, they asked me to wait one hour and I got the size I was looking for. Thank you, Viktor, for such splendid service and staff, excellent rates! Sherina Walji President: Nitestyles

Original review: June 1, 2019

Declined insurance because of my credit card and all documents were electronic. Never received receipt for a credit card transaction and agent charged me for GPS which I never asked for. It seems that once company hears that you are declining insurance they tack on other stuff without asking.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I rented a car (reservation ** ) to use in Israel. The category selected and paid was an SUV. I got a Renault Kangoo! Despite my complaints at the airport, e-mail to Budget Customer Relations they couldn´t care less. Even my e-mail was never replied. A company that doesn´t deliver what you hired and paid for, and doesn't bother even to apologize, it is not worth ever doing business again.

Original review: May 29, 2019

After a long day of flying and standing in the longest line out of all the car rental companies, I was tired and still had an hour drive to my hotel. I reached the desk and declined everything the sales person offered yet somehow he snuck rental insurance into my contract. We also argued over fuel. The rental would only be driven to and from hotel. That's it, so I said I did not want to pay for a full tank of gas, he said I would only be charge what I used. I believed him. But the wording in the contract that I signed said otherwise and he knew get got me. Shame on Budget for being sneaky slimy scum. This disabled vet will never use Budget again after they only gave me back 50% since I signed the contract. Budget will never get this American's money EVER again!

Original review: May 26, 2019

I recently rented a car from Budget. The car was given to me without having been cleaned. It had trash in the front and back of the car. Shortly upon driving the car the tire went flat. The car had obviously not been properly cleaned and inspected before giving it to me. I called the number in the Budget rental agreement and they said no problem, they would come tow the car and give us a new one. It not only was an inconvenience and ruined my plans but was a huge safety risk. As if I wasn't disappointed in Budget enough at this point, I just received a bill for towing and repair for the flat. ARE YOU KIDDING ME BUDGET? You gave me a car with issues and you are going to charge me for YOUR NEGLIGENCE?

Original review: May 23, 2019

I made it abundantly clear when I signed the contract that I was declining the loss damage waiver. Then when I returned the car, they charged me for the loss damage waiver. My cc covers this, no reason for me to have had it. Filed an incident report, took 6 weeks and me calling them to find out what was happening, and was given some b-s story about having signed for it, when I absolutely did not. They are a bunch of liars and thieves at the Budget rental center in Las Vegas. Never again, and I suggest Buyer Beware, as they will lie straight to your face.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I went to rent a SUV and was assigned a Buick enclave. The car was dirty on the outside, but I could live with that, but the trash and animal hair on the inside was not going to work for me. I flagged a person down who was parking a freshly 'washed' vehicle and pointed out the issues with the car. He said he would clean it. He took it and about an hour later, the car comes back washed, but trash was still inside. A different person brought the vehicle to me and I asked him to remove the trash, and he said he couldn't get it out. The lady who was helping people find their cars explained to me that if they remove the trash, the people who has that actual job duty can file a grievance because others are doing their job. I was pretty livid at this time. If the people whose duty it was actually performed their job, nobody else would have to do it for them. She got it out, after requesting permission, and I was on my way.

I returned with a full tank, and the person checking me in said the enclave has to be returned inside, otherwise I would be charged for gas because in the computer it states it's a 22 gallon tank instead of a 18 gallon tank, so it has to be overridden inside. I needed to complain anyway about my pickup experience. I go inside and ask for Nicky. The agents call her on the phone and she wants to play the 50 questions game, who am I, is she expecting me, what do I want. At this point I'm so frustrated, I tell the agent never mind, I'll call corporate and to close me out. She tells the person on the phone to tell the agent don't close me out, she's coming.

We go back and forth until I say, "You cannot hold me hostage because she's decided to come out of her castle. Close me out." and he did. He closed me out, charging me for gas. I was going to just let it go, and vowed to NEVER rent at Budget until I looked over my invoice and noticed the fuel charge. I immediately called my credit card company to dispute the ENTIRE charge, he called the Budget corporate office and after a lot of yelling, he took off almost the whole bill. It's not the so much the money, it's the principle. I don't recommend Budget to anyone. I rent a lot of cars and they will never get my business again. They all need retraining. This happened at the Ontario airport Budget.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I booked my car hire through a comparison site and prepaid. We approached the desk in Seattle and gave our name so they could find the booking. I asked Francis to confirm we had a free tank of petrol, after checking he confirmed this was the case and that there were no other charges. He then asked me to sign a small computer screen that contained no other information, gave us the keys and off we went.

On arriving home I had been charged an additional £234 on my credit card. After contacting Budget they have confirmed this was for additional insurances that were “sold” to me at the desk! Not once did Francis verbally ask or confirm any additional items nor show me any physical paperwork or anything on screen regarding additional charges. To me this is an obvious business strategy by the Budget Seattle manager or company directors to sneak additional costs onto your bill. This is in most places in the world called theft or fraud.

After contacting Budget they refuse to refund me as I “signed” a contract. No, I signed a small screen with no mention of any charges. What makes it worse is how nice this scumbag Francis was and wished us a great honeymoon! Have always used Alamo and will never use Budget or Avis again. If you’ve already booked please be aware! An absolute disgrace of a company with short sighted customer strategy.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I honestly don't know where to start. The first time I rented with Budget I went to desk to pick up reserved car. But before I completed I ask the representative if I could go see the car before I completed the reservation because I had other reservations with other companies for a bigger car. She says yes but asked for my credit card and license while I went to go see if the car was big enough which it wasn't. I came back in and told her it was too small and that I'm gonna check with the other companies. I get to Thrifty desk and the car they had available was perfect. The representative goes to complete the transaction and my card declined and said for her to try it again because it shouldn't decline. But it did. Check my account and Budget had took 200 off my card without my knowledge.

I had to go back to Budget desk and ask why she did that when I explained I needed to see the car before completing the transactions. She said she apologize and that she give me a print out showing it will be reversed. Long story short I went back to Thrifty. The money was still unavailable. The representative let me go ahead and pay what I had on my card and to call back Saturday to charge my card for the remainder. We waited three days. Budget was still holding the funds so it caused me to have a late fee with Thrifty. So returning the car Monday, the funds still was not available because of Budget. I had to talk with Budget manager and my card services for them to release the funds Budget was holding. Budget charged my card without me knowing that caused me to get a late fee with another company because they were still holding the funds.

But I gave Budget another chance the following week and rented from them and they said they were gonna refund me the late fee from Thrifty which they did. I arrived 14 mins late returning the car back and the manager tried to charge me late fees. And I told him the representative said if I'm 15 mins late then will be a late fee so what are these charges if I'm not after the grace period. He apologizes and says, "Oh you are right. It's actually 15 mins now so let me print you out a different receipt." My thing is if I didn't speak up he was still gonna charge me. I give them another chance because their prices was a lot cheaper than everyone else.

I was to return the car on a Monday but I call the customer service number to keep car for another week which my print out shows for another week. It's 189 and from May 3 to May 6 it was 119 plus the 189. They gave me a different amount and I explained my print out says it will be additional 189. So I said I will try to reach out again to local office. I called multiple times. No answer. So I called Avis desk also because sometimes they send you to Avis desk and still no answer. So I called the customer service number and they said they can modify it. But when I dropped the car off to make sure my charges are correct. I go to drop the car, Budget said it was 938 and that I had to go to Avis desk. I go to Avis desk and then it was 1000 then It goes up 2550. And I said how, she said they put the car under kids and prevention like the car was loss and I broke down crying because that's not what my print out said.

I couldn't afford that. She said that I will have to call customer service. I explained I had coupons they never added. Also she said to just call them. I called them. They couldn't explain the charges and ask if I could email them the print out of it saying 189 for additional week and I did. So they sent me another one saying it's 524.18 which is still inaccurate but I accepted because I’m tired of going back and forth with them. I checked my bank statements and Budget charges my card 2500. So I called them again. They ask if I could send my bank statements because they don’t see that I did. They refunded my card 1056 which means they still charged me over 800 when they emailed me it would be 524. So I’m still going thru this with Budget. I should have learned from the first incident but now I know to never in life rent from them again. They are a fraudulent company.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I did not purchase insurance when making a car rental reservation with Budget because my credit card which I used for the rental covers certain rental mishaps as long as I file a claim within 45 day. Budget rental car company waited two months and two weeks to notify me that I would be responsible for the cost of replacing a sudden flat tire I had while driving their vehicle. I was verbally informed when I returned the car after putting in the spare that it wasn't my fault. They did not give me an incident report form to fill out neither did they give me any indication that I could expect a bill at a later date. They blindsided me with a sudden $97.50 bill two months and two weeks after the incident.

Budget representatives were insistent that I am responsible for the costs of this sudden flat tire without addressing the fact that they waited so long to notify me that I lost my opportunity to file a claim. I stopped renting from Budget after that. I have e-mails to prove this. Don't be deceived. Their representatives just parrot meaningless lines about how sorry they are but they still go ahead and charge you. Use them at your own risk. They don't deserve even one star.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I'd give 0 stars if possible. I booked through Hotwire. Horrible experience to say the least! For starters they overbooked the full size car I booked a week and a half prior. So no car, say they upgraded me to a SUV that got horrific fuel mileage. Ok I'll roll with that punch. Now I'm getting put into the computer system. He informs me that at their airport location there is an extra $100.00 security deposit on top of the original $100.00 security deposit. It's now past noon on Saturday and I can't deposit cash into my bank account. I asked where it told me about the extra security deposit and he said it's in the terms and conditions that SOME airport locations have an extra security deposit.

Now I fly and rent cars all over the United States at dozens of terminals, never have I found this to be the case at ANY of them. I usually go to enterprise in Jackson, MI while up this way and never have any issues. I have seamlessly rented cars for years. I called Budget customer service they said call Hotwire. I call Hotwire they say they can refund me and that's it. So now I'm having to find other means of transportation to very important business meetings that I probably won't be making it to on time if at all.

Nobody took care of me even on the corporate side. Budget car and Avis are taken care of by the Avis station at the airport here. The kid I dealt with wouldn't give me his name after asking politely multiple times so that corporate knew who to talk to. But it didn't matter. Corporate "customer service" didn't even get as far as to ask what he looked like. He is about 6' 5" or a little taller skinny thin build brown hair and wears glasses. This place was 100% unprofessional and unwilling to help a very valued returning customer. Shame.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I booked a flight and rental car American Airlines and today I picked it up from Budget and was charged 530.03 twice so I'm fighting that now and then I called American Airlines because I thought I already paid some for and she said, "Yes you already paid 280" and I got the extra insurance and surcharges. And then I contacted Budget through Twitter and she says, "I show you have paid 480 already through American Airlines." All of this is a rip off. I've paid over $1,500 for a car rental with no answers yet. Will never use Budget again!

Original review: May 18, 2019

I had a confirmation for a fixed price, say $350, which included the LDW which I accepted. At the counter, they added supplemental liability insurance and mysteriously, on the crappy dot matrix printout, it had a blank where it said: "YOUR ESTIMATED TOTAL CHARGES________" cuz that surely would have tipped you that something was wrong. Their customer service (using that term very loosely) refused to refund the charges for the insurance that THEY, without consent, added to the bill. I supposes my crime is missing that they slipped it into the laundry list of charges which I didn't expect to change. The total for this mess was over $500.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Initially $29.00/day which is always doubled with all the fees and taxes. But we wanted the car to be returned without refueling. We discussed this with the person we were renting from in detail. After initialing and signing the contract we got the vehicle. We decided to return the car to a different airport which I called about and had an additional $100.00 fee added to the contract to do this. We picked the car up at 4:35pm Friday and returned it at 5:30am Monday morning. We were told we would be charged $138.00 for not refueling. The contract did show we were suppose to refuel which wasn’t suppose to have been that way! Ended up with a total charge of $512.00 for a Kia for 2 1/2 days which was ridiculous!!! It’s highway robbery!!! Will never use Budget again!!!

Original review: May 13, 2019

My husband and I are seniors who flew from Denver to Charlotte, SC for a family reunion. We were exhausted due to having to rebook our flight when Southwest cancelled at 4 a.m. and when we finally arrived in Charleston had to wait in a long line for the one Budget employee to process our reservation. We were told to walk about a block outside where the car would be brought to us. After 25 minutes of waiting in the cold, windy, and now dark, my husband walked back to ask where the car was. When it finally came, it had a broken rear view window so we asked for a replacement. That took another 20 minutes. We will never use Budget again.

Original review: May 12, 2019

This is my first time renting a vehicle from Budget, upon picking up the vehicle, found vehicle interior dirty as well as the outside of the vehicle, I did mention it to the attendant, but his reply is they do not want to damage the exterior paint. I indicated I had never rented a vehicle in this condition, because of the timing I felt I had no choice since I was leaving at 4:30a the next day for my grandson's graduation in Ohio.

Budget Rent-A-Car expert review by Lauren Fix

Founded in 1958 to appeal to the cost-conscious consumer, Budget is one of the most popular car rental brands. It serves renters in over 120 countries from its more than 3,000 locations. Budget is owned by Avis Rental Car.

• Business-friendly rates: Business customers can save up to 30 percent on car rentals with a BudgetBusinessProgram account.

• Prepay and save: For customers who book and pay in advance, the Pay Now rate saves up to 35 percent on the cost.

• Inexpensive no-show fee: At Budget, the fee for a no-show is only $50 on a missed pickup; everything else is refunded.

• Discounts: Active duty, retired military and their families can all save up to 25 percent on rentals. AARP members can enjoy savings of up to 30 percent off Budget base rates when renting a vehicle from a participating location in the contiguous U.S. and Canada. Rent a car for up to four consecutive days, including a Saturday night, and save $20.

• Fast reservations: Budget advertises a 60-second reservation process, letting travelers reserve the vehicle of their choice on the go and in just a minute.

• Truck rental: Budget features a reliable, diverse commercial truck fleet, nearly 1,900 convenient U.S. locations, daily, weekly, monthly, local and one-way rentals for business or moving.

• Best for: Military individuals and families, vacationers, business travelers, those with cars in repair and temporary workers looking for a discounted rate.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Budget Rent-A-Car Company Information