Bluegreen Corp.

• 1%
  • 5%
  • 90%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?
    PriceStaff

Reviewed April 23, 2024

My husband and I have been owners since 2011. We bought in with minimal points and over time gradually moved up to Diamond. We got in when points were much less expensive which enabled us to continue to buy more cheaply. We weren’t always offered the cheaper rate, however, during our “owner updates”. We held out for managers who would work with us every time that we bought. Not that we were so smart about how this worked. We just knew what we paid previously and weren’t willing to pay much more because it wasn’t worth it to us. That doesn’t mean that people starting out now aren’t getting a good deal. Buy in for the points you can afford, and over time continue to buy more points at what will become lower rates than most other people.

We are very happy with our ownership and feel like we get great value. We could not be more pleased that we decided to buy a timeshare particularly with Bluegreen. We’ve gone places we never would have and enjoyed a level of accommodation we never could have. We’ve been able to share with friends and family, which is really nice. My recommendation is to buy carefully and make sure that you can afford to pay in cash. If you can’t afford it in cash, wait until you can. Or get a good loan from someone other than Bluegreen (their loan interest rates will leave you in the poor house). Then enjoy yourself!! Best of luck and happy ownership!

Reviewed April 20, 2024

They got my husband outside a BassPro and so we trekked to New Hampshire for our “free” stay at a nearby hotel in Plymouth, NH. After reading reviews of some experiences with the timeshare presentations, I was anxious and absolutely dreading it as I have no interest/need to buy one. The Lincoln, NH property is nice. If you’re a skier and love winter, check it out. Otherwise, not much around. At all. And in April, much of their local business are closed for the mud season. Our fault for not looking into to more.

What I really want to highlight is how low-pressure the timeshare presentation was. My anxiety and dread was completely unfounded. Everyone at the Blue Green property was friendly and welcoming. The presentation itself was corny but fast. The presenter was great. Our salesperson was great and so was her boss. Understanding and honestly, just doing their jobs and doing them well. They said a 2-hour presentation and we were out with our $150 gift card in 2 hours and 5 minutes. Just wanted to share my experience here in case anyone else is as scared as I was :) I wouldn’t recommend a “free” trip to sit through this but if you get sucked into one, it wasn’t the end of the world.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed Dec. 26, 2023

My wife and I have always heard nightmare stories about time share presentations. But today we had an amazing experience. I would go as far to say that I enjoyed it! They let us know right away it's not high pressure and it was not at all. If we were in a bit better financial situations we would of bought,,, Maybe in the future. I could not believe how professional they were. They are commission based but the young man that did our sit down talk was sooo nice even after he found out we were not able to buy. He even walked us to our car outside and shook out hand. I think his name was devin, 26 years old. Big shout out to you. I would go again!

Reviewed Sept. 27, 2023

This is my second review - my first being this month - “Bluegreen not being responsible.” We have been Bluegreen Owners for 10 years and because of our ownership we have traveled approximately twice a year. Always with nice accommodations. We probably would not have done this if we hadn’t become owners. This year we made reservations in May and a week before we were to arrive in September Bluegreen cancelled our reservation with little explanation. We were upset as non-refundable plane tickets were bought. However, they came through for us and made reservations with another company. We are set to fly out tomorrow —— a big thanks to Bluegreen and their employees. We are very pleased with our ownership!

Verified purchase

Reviewed July 18, 2023

I’ve been a Bluegreen owner for the last 3 years and had opportunity to go to several resorts and I found that the apartments are very comfortable and my family have been able to use all the benefits and savings, Recently stayed at The Fountains in Orlando. The Experience was great, my kids enjoyed the amazing facilities and we enjoyed the space and privacy at the 2 bedrooms villa, We highly recommend the BLUEGREEN VACATIONS. I read some negatives reviews from owners or people that attended the presentation, we felt the same at the beginning but we took the free owners orientation and we learned how to use the flexible program they offer.

Reviewed June 11, 2024

We signed up for a "Gatlinburg Getaway" through Bluegreen. 2 weeks prior, we received notification that we would be staying at a Quality Inn hotel. I contacted blue-green and spoke with Mark (manager) and voiced my displeasure with the hotel. I was told that my package was for a hotel, which my paperwork did not state that. He did say that we could update for an additional fee. This company is unethical and not truthful.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 11, 2024

Went into Bass Pro to shop and was invited to get a Bass Pro Credit card. As an incentive, there was a sales rep from Blue Green Vacations who said for $299 you can have a 3-day vacation in one of many of their resorts. At no time were we told it was a timeshare property, that we would not be staying at one of the resorts but staying offsite, we would be responsible for the hotel taxes, and that we would have to sit through a 2-hour presentation. It was only after we reviewed the pamphlet in detail that we realized this was a timeshare. Called and wanted to cancel and was told they would not refund the $299 that was charged to our cc. Decided to make the best of it and take a trip.

We traveled to Myrtle Beach and sat through a 2-hour presentation. It was the worst experience. The slick salesman tired to be funny but at times he was vulgar and offensive. During his spiel, he was trying to compare a hotel room with a 2 bedroom condo. He said with a hotel room, the parents are in one bed and the kids in the other and that you can't get "nasty with momma in the am" with kids in the same room. Then he points to a couple and says "Am I right?" and starts laughing. There were young kids in the room and I was embarrassed he was talking about ** with young kids in the room. He also said with a hotel room you only have one bathroom and when momma gets up in and "blows up the bathroom in the am" is the reason you need two bathrooms. Totally uncalled for.

Most of the presentation was pics of him and his son on numerous vacations. He bragged how he has 20000 points and that he takes several vacations a year and doesn't pay for any of his trips. It was 2 hrs of pure hell. After the presentation, we had a sit down with our own rep who was nice and pleasant. We explained the whole thing starting with the Bass Pro visit, and that had we known from the start we would not have even entertained purchasing the vacation. The only upside is that our personal rep knew that we were not at all interested and did not try to pressure us or keep us any longer than necessary.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed May 28, 2024

I have been a member for about 15 years and basically the experience was not good to awful. I like many others would love to get out of it, but there seems little feasible ways to do so. What was the best feature - the nightly stays has now raised the rates, so it too is simply better to do a google search and pay cash, or use points from frequent programs. My latest interaction with them was to reserve a short stay at Cibola Vista for 2 Adults and 2 grandchildren. The lady I spoke with agreed since it was a 1/2 off of points why not get the Presidential suite, so I did book it. Since it was only 4 of us and now a huge apartment, I asked my 2 adult sons if they would like to come along. They made their travel plans based on what I had reserved and been advised to reserve from the BG agent.

Now 4 days later, BG calls me and says I cannot get 1/2 off on the Presidential suite and the only other room available says the second bed is only comfortable for 1 child. They now say I can pay full price for Presidential or take the other, their agent made a mistake and will be educated. BUT BASICALLY IT IS TOUGH LUCK ON ME, "THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO!" They will not budge, take NO RESPONSIBILITY for their agents mistake/advice, and there is "NO ONE ELSE I CAN TALK TO!" Linda in Indianapolis says "her boss does not take incoming calls and will not make an outgoing call and there is no one anywhere to speak to".

So as absurd as it is to leave another negative review on a company whose reviews are almost entirely negative, I am wasting my time doing so and can only add another voice to the call that ALL OF YOU SHOULD STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AS POSSIBLE!!! To even get rid of/give away your points the company itself is now charging and increasing the price to take back the points - how absurd is that - they soon will make substantial income taking back the points they originally sold you!!!

Dan

Bluegreen is a garbage company run by sleezy sales reps.

Contract & TermsSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed May 25, 2024

I am writing this review because my wife Julie I were defrauded by four Bluegreen salesmen. We were promised gifts in exchange for our attendance at a timeshare presentation at Harbour Lights in Myrtle Beach, SC, which ended up being nothing but lies and pressure to buy. The concierge told us that if we took a tour of the property and attended a “quick” presentation, we would receive a $150 gift card. Instead, we walked into a high-pressure sales pitch, and had no idea it would take five hours.

The pitch began with a group of salesmen droning on about the benefits of Bluegreen’s timeshare program. This was presented to us as an investment in real estate that would benefit our future. We were clearly uncomfortable with the prospect of making such a large purchase, which led to one of the salesmen telling us that we had to make a decision soon or else the “deal” would be gone for good. In all, we declined four separate offers over the course of five hours. They assured us that this was an affordable investment that would allow us to take frequent vacations. That was a lie.

We were convinced that we could take vacations to exotic places, and we could refinance the cost of the timeshare through our home bank. Not only can we not refinance, but the terms of our loan were also not disclosed to us. Additionally, we weren’t told about our total interest percentage, our ability to rescind the contract, or that we would be on the hook for maintenance fees.

We have tried many times to book vacations but found that there is always an issue with availability. We have tried to refinance through our home bank, but they told us that they don’t refinance timeshare loans. In fact, we have tried refinancing through multiple banks, but they all tell us the same thing. We are stuck with a monthly payment that we can’t afford, in addition to the rising maintenance fees that were never disclosed. Take my advice and stay away from these scammers

PriceStaff

Reviewed May 25, 2024

Beware of these Bluegreen vacation timeshare salesmen who approach you offering cheap vacation packages which are theft because they are thieves. They just want to sell you expensive timeshares. I don't know how the resort allows these crooks to be there offering such garbage. People are just looking to rest and not be ripped off by this thieving company Bluegreen Vacation.

Bluegreen Corp. author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Bluegreen is a company that specializes in timeshares and adventure vacations, and it was founded in 1966. The company caters to more than 175,000 owners and is headquartered in Boca Raton, FL. The company features a deeded timeshare program with timeshare locations across the United States and Caribbean.

• Conveniently located: Bluegreen Corp. features timeshare properties across the United States, which makes them easy to access for customers across America.

• Bluegreen Vacation Points system: The company offers customers a points system, and they can access different resorts by accumulating more points. These points can also be exchanged with RCI properties.

• Adventures available: Representatives from Bluegreen Corp. can help customers find and book fun adventures and excursions during the time they use their timeshare.

• Gift card perks: The company gives customers who book a Bluegreen Getaway a 75 dollar Visa Reward Card as an added perk.

• Getaway deals: Bluegreen Corp. offers customers regular deals, with two to five night getaways at properties across the country that cost only 149 dollars.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Advisor

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Bluegreen Corp. Company Information