Bluegreen Corp.

Compare Timeshares

Research top Timeshares recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had a trip to Orlando and there was nothing that I was told by Bluegreen vacation was true. From where I was going to stay to parking my car. 22$ to self park or 29$ to have valet park my car. These fees were not included in my brochure. The gift card was to 150$ which is clearly marked 150$ but was only 125$. This was not the getaway that I was promised and I will never do this again. To the clerk at the desk, I must applaud her for attitude and professionalism in which she did what she could do to make my stay more comforting. I was looking forward to staying at the Fountains resort but instead I was at the Disney B resort and spa. Overall, this was not a good vacation for me. Good luck.

I'll never buy another promotional package from this company again. I was very happy at first. Had to change my reservation 2 times with no problems. The last time which made #3 and the young lady changed everything in 5 min. I was told if my divorce wasn't final before travel, they couldn't accommodate me and had to cancel my reservation. I said "ma'am I've talked to several agents and that was never mentioned not even when they sold the package to me."

I was then transferred to a Supv that told me they would give me back some of my money, because they gave me a store gift card. I said "ma'am I'll give the card back, I don't like the store that much." I advised the lady I've been legally separated for years. "You must be divorced before travel date." She had the nerve to say can RUSH the divorce. I should have lied, That was my Birthday trip, Now What? NOT HAPPY!!! Never Again will I use this company. This is how they pressure you into buying into the TimeShare.

Do not purchase a vacation package from Bluegreen Vacations!! I entered a drawing for a car while at my local shopping mall. A couple weeks later I got a call saying that while I didn't win the car, I did win a vacation and cruise package. I fell for it (like an idiot)!! They NEVER mentioned that there were specific dates you could travel or that you had to pay for an upgrade from 'low season' to 'high season'. The only time I can take a vacation is during the summer and I later found out that this is not an option. I would not have purchased this if I had known that I could not vacation during the summer months!!! I wish I could get my money back but I guess I'll just have to take the $298 loss and chalk it up to an expensive lesson learned. I would have given a negative rating if that were an option!! If anyone has any suggestions on how to get a refund, I'd love to hear them.

We bucked Wintergreen hotel in Wisconsin Dells thru book. vip.com for 3 days. For that saving, around $ 100 we agreed to attend presentation "about our hotel" for about 2 hours and we also will get $100 gift card for food. All scam. After we booked, paid, screen said we have now to call to confirm. Done. After that a couple of days they call us to confirm again. We did. They call again 2 times to confirm, I told them I am coming and I am not confirming anymore.

When we arrived into hotel, hotel charged us $51 for taxes for 3 nights??? So, now saving total is around $50. Bluegreen called us and said we have to come to their office to confirm presentation, both of us must come there: They told us on our arriving we must first come to them before going to hotel. They gave us a blue pcs of paper we have to give to hotel reservation. We must give them our major credit card to take a copy of it. We must sign if we do not attend to presentation or violate any of their rules, they will charge us full price of hotel up to $949!!! We must go tomorrow to presentation which is about 15 minutes from our hotel. Ok. Done.

Next day we went there. Nice place. Nice people. Salesman and saleswoman... pushy but nice. They took a total of 3 1/2 our time. I didn't complain but my wife did since our daughter of 3 years was all the time with us. We didn't purchase time share because we know from some people we met on vacations before that actually is more expensive, much more than if you book by yourself, but I wanted to have that experience. When we came back to our room after a total of 4 1/2 hours we recognize our day is gone so we decide to purchase one day more at hotel $119, so now we are in minus about $70.

Presents were: Two voucher for Mt. Olympus, yes, but for water park only and no theme park and no parking ticket. 9. Food gift card is not that. You get a code printed on that card. You have to go into that internet side, make your account find restaurants they accept this coupons, you have to print them, and you can use them only if you purchase a lot at that restaurant. You can't buy with coupon only. Haha lot of fun. Took me over one hour to do all this. TOTAL FACT, SCAM. DON'T FALL INTO THIS SCHEME.

When traveling through Missouri we stopped at Bass Pro and a very convincing salesperson got us to sign up for a cheap vacation, only catch was we had to go to their timeshare sales pitch. We paid $199 and got a $75 BP gift card for singing up. After we got home we scheduled our week vacation and then later decided this program wasn't for us. I called and cancelled the reservation, no problem. Then I wrote a letter, per the fine print, to cancel the entire vacation package. Although I was a little nervous about the process, it worked smoothly. The company called me when they received the letter and kindly cancelled it all on the phone. Within a week I had the money, minus the gift card amount, back on my credit card. I have no complaints. They did what they said they would.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

We were promised one free night at a Clarion Hotel because we had stayed 2 nights on vacation last year. We never got a response to our request, so we followed up with a call. The agent said there was a much better deal. Three FREE nights, we had to pay $149 up front but we would receive a MasterCard gift card for $150 if we viewed a resort property. We agreed. We stayed 3 nights at a local hotel, and the following day viewed The Big Cedar Lodge in Branson, MO. It is beautiful! It is everything you would want in a resort. The Lodge is all wood, log cabin style with amazing limestone fireplaces. The cabins are nicer than most houses. The beautiful pool has a lazy river and Lake Taneycomo access. Seriously, this is 5 STAR! We told them over and over that YES!!, we love it!! What's not to love? Everyone was very, very nice.

But to buy into this timeshare is $29,900 and $1,000 a year for maintenance and membership fees. We explained over and over that we could not afford this. They would not let us go. We were grilled for 3 hours with our 2 grandchildren with us. We had to explain over and over that it was more than we could afford on our Social Security income, but they persisted that this was for our family, and our grandchildren. The sales lady even said "We have invested in you." We were put in a room with the Inventory Specialist. She persisted as if we were not telling her the truth that we could not afford this.

We did not ask to come to this property. We were responding to our one free night that we earned at the Clarion Hotel. We later talked to several other people who were in our original group that said they were not pressured nearly as much as we were. They said they had responded to a Bass Shop promotion and got a 3 night cruise for their reward. The 3 free nights were enough of a reward, but we REALLY felt drained when we left.

I know I should give a few paragraph explanation on why I personally believe the money I made for this was wasted but I'm going to sort of keep it short. I am so aggravated with the fact that I paid them even though I truly didn't want to. I should have trusted my gut. I am so disappointed in not only myself but that this company tries to sell happy memories. I have had nothing but issues and have not been able to book any vacations with them. Not one point used. Why? Because 90% of everything listed is not available. We can only visit Arizona and Nevada.

I live in Florida! I can't even book anything in Orlando for 2 days. I have literally clicked day by day. 3 months are blocked out where I can't book anywhere other than Arizona and Nevada IN THE SUMMER. They NEVER said that. They said holidays (which makes sense). I have 7 options in October. That's fantastic. Thanks. Bottom line: Customer service: They all seemed not to care. Obviously not their problem. Value: HA. Amenities: I wouldn't know.

I found Bluegreen while shopping at Bass Pro and ended up going on a trip to Savannah, GA with a friend to participate in the preview at the Savannah office. From the moment walking into the office and from leaving, we never felt too much pressure to purchase something we weren't comfortable with. Our sales rep, Alex ** (I believe that was his last name) was wonderful. He answered all of our questions, did his best to accommodate our needs, and did not pressure us when we ultimately decided against a package, all while being very nice and personable. Overall I had a good experience but did not end up buying a package due to personal issues that had nothing to do with the company. However, I will reconsider this company in the future!

I attended a presentation in Las Vegas with my parents with no intention of them purchasing anything. The presentation was interesting to say the least and the presenter, Cowboy, is a lovable and friendly guy. Everything appeared to be legal and honest and everyone was super nice. I tried to ask more than enough questions to ensure that my parents wouldn't be digging themselves into a hole. Ben was the manager helping all the sales people seal the deal and he had all of the information.

Here are the red flags: 1. They tell you that the high interest rate can be refinanced via your bank. WRONG! Call your bank at the presentation and get the answer we should have gotten. 2. The vacation share package is a tax write off and a potential investment. Not in all states! 3. You can earn points to pay the maintenance fees. We'll never know! 4. We were there too long and the process is exhausting. 5. We were constantly asked if we felt mislead about any information. Well, you won't know until you get home and dig deeper into the mess.

Buyers BEWARE! If you want to over pay for vacations and at a high interest rate for the share package go right ahead and knock yourselves out. To each his own! I was told by a timeshare advocate that NO timeshares are good nor are they investments. You can definitely pay to vacation at a cheaper rate if you catch sales and plan properly. Good news! It's only be a little over a month since my parents got into this mess and it may take 6 months for them to get out. With only one $415 payment made, it will be well worth the leg work to get out of it.

In April I entered a contest to win a car, why not right? Several weeks later I received a call saying I had won a two separate stays and a cruise through Bluegreen. I was highly skeptical, but my husband said it was a good, successful business and that I really had won something. When they said we had to pay, $298 for X amount of nights vacation and a cruise, but that we would received food vouchers etc. Long story short, my husband paid the $298 and two months later we were off for our first family vacation and all we had to do was attend a meeting.

Well, the "prizes" I won were not prizes. After we left the meeting and I read everything we were given I realized it was not worth it. The $400 back was "dining dough" that you have to pay in order to even use. You have to go online and do so prior to dining in a restaurant. So, if I want to save 50% on a meal you have to pay $X amount in order to do so. That is ridiculous. Also, the two nights, three days hotel stay is way too complicated. You have to register within sixty days, pick three separate dates and preferences and wait for them to mail you a certificate of the nights. In addition you have to pay $X amount of money (just enough so you are basically covering the cost, but they aren't making much of a profit on you) to start this process and for tax etc. The cruise is very similar. It's a free cruise, but it's necessary to pay $239 a person.

That's not free and that's not a prize. Nor is the $298 my husband spent for us to stay at a Bluegreen resort that we never got to stay at. Maybe if people were allowed to stay at a nice Bluegreen resort and actually given what they said they would be given they would purchase a time share through them. I feel like it was just a way for us to pay their baseline. They may not earn much of a profit off of our "prizes" we were given, but we paid them. Them paying "$400 a lead" or for us to go there is completely false.

Signed up at Bass Pro for a free vacation. Got a call and paid for three day vacation with a free cruise after I completed a sales pitch. The hotel they put us in was not what we expected. It was very run down and dirty. Elevators not working. I have now read the cruise is a scam and we will likely not be able to take it without spending more than the cruise is worth. The sales manager acted as if he had no idea the hotel we were staying at is a dump but I have since read that is a common complaint so that was a complete lie that they didn't know. I am very thankful we had enough sense to say no to this scam at the sales presentation. They made it look like a wonderful thing but I have since read that the buyers can't get booked into the places they want and so aren't even able to use their points. We did pay extra to upgrade our hotel room to a so called condo. What a joke!

Do not purchase a vacation package from Bluegreen Vacations. I received one as a gift and got the attached email directly from them. There was not information regarding blackout dates, expiration, or restrictions. I spend 45 minutes on a call with customer service trying to book a room. Was told that my request was during peak season and that I would have to pay extra. I agreed, 30 minutes later was told that the dates I requested were not available and I would have to travel during a specific period of time. I requested a refund since the dates did not work for us and was told "no". I forwarded the email I received from Bluegreen Vacations to the manager and she stated that it was not their responsibility to let us know of the "fine print" even though they had sent me the email. Don't waster your time (I wasted 2 hours) and was not able to book or get a refund. Save your money and time, book through the hotel itself.

I purchased a 4/3 night vacation through Bluegreen Getaways. After turning down the offer at first, I was told by the sales agent that I would receive a free cruise if I purchased the vacation and commit to a two hour timeshare presentation. Instantly, the salesperson gave me a $50 MasterCard gift card. Lo and behold, I took the vacation to Las Vegas. I was issued another $50 MasterCard. I asked the agent about my free cruise and she stated that she didn't see anything on my account for it and I should call Bluegreen Getaways about it. I called Bluegreen. I emailed a copy of my receipt and sales information flyer that I received at the time of purchase. They said they could not honor it because they had already given me an extra $50 MasterCard. I definitely did not ask for the extra MasterCard.

Why would I, knowingly, exchange a free cruise for a $50 MasterCard. The lead salesperson stated that they could not exchange the card for the cruise because I knew what I was signing up for. I only purchased the vacation for the cruise! This company and their salespeople are scammers! They say what they think they need to say in order to get a sale. Do not fall for it like I did!

In October 2016, based on an invitation from Bluegreen Vacations to evaluate their vacation program, we chose to go to the Smokey Mountains. When we arrived, we were given lodging at a motel stating that the local Bluegreen vacation facility was filled. We attended the obligatory presentation and were beguiled by Bluegreen's wonderful properties. Although we did not purchase a property at that time, we did select a Sampler package for $798. We assumed that this would allow us to see excellent vacation opportunities and perhaps convince us to become a Bluegreen owner.

Shortly thereafter, we initiated a number of phone calls with Bluegreen to try to secure a place in mid-May of 2017, a time when we traditionally take a vacation. For the most part, they had limited properties available for the sample package and most had been filled. Finally, in February of this year, based upon the recommendation of Bluegreen vacation, we chose Casa Del Mar in Ormond Beach. The representative indicated to us that this was the only property in the Florida beach area available to us. On May 15, 2017 we arrived at Casa Del Mar in Orlando, FL looking forward to a week at a "lovely, very nice" resort (per reservationist).

We flew into Orlando, rented a car and drove to Casa Del Mar (about 1 1/2 hrs). We checked in early and were told someone was being sent to clean our room. (IF WE HAD BEEN TOLD our room would not be ready for 4 1/2 hours, we would have been prepared for a long wait and had options for the afternoon.) We enjoyed lunch at Riptide and then returned to Casa Del Mar where we sat by a small (backyard size) pool. We had to look for shade, because there were only a few options and they were taken. It is Florida where umbrellas by the pool should be an option!

The beach was bare and again Bluegreen provides no amenities - Like beach chairs. The bathroom on the first floor was definitely not tended to and a staff member suggested (without my mentioning anything) that I go to a different one to change to my swim suit. 4 1/2 hours later while we sat looking at half torn down yellow danger tape surrounding the broken hot tub, we were notified our room was ready. By then the decision to leave had been made - no way are we spending precious vacation time here!!

We called Bluegreen and after about 30 minutes, were told our only option was to return to Orlando and stay at The Fountains for 4 NIGHTS. We were then to return to Casa Del Mar. A staff member suggested we look at the newly renovated room we would stay in when we returned. We complied and when we stepped in, the smell of germicidal cleaning products was horrific! No way!!! We returned to Orlando in massive traffic (2+ hrs). The facility here is fine but, of course, there is no beach so we have had to forgo our planned beach vacation. We don't have children with us so Orlando would never have been our choice for this vacation. We just wanted some R & R.

We did our obligatory meeting today and shared our experience with Mirko ** and Janice **. At their request, we took time to write our experience. Janice offered us lots of things if we would purchase a Bluegreen Vacation Package. Really, why would we? If Bluegreen has luxury resorts, we wouldn't know from our current experience.

The additional days at Casa Del Mar were appropriately canceled. Our relaxing getaway interrupted by wait time at Casa Del Mar, hours of driving, mandatory meeting time and time to write this. Then there is the expense incurred for this vacation: Airfares, car rental/gas and need to find a room for the next 3 nights as The Fountains seems not to be able to accommodate us. This will be a memorable vacation and not a positive one!

The positives: Orlando has nice restaurants (however, so does St. Louis), people have been nice so it bides well for employee training. Lucy, concierge at Casa Del Mar, gets high marks for being upbeat, fun and full of ideas of things to do in Daytona. However, we were not given the opportunity to use the Sampler Package as told to us in our original encounter. We were shown lovely replica of facilities and pictures of beautiful resorts. Although we believe we are entitled to a refund of $798 and the cost of 3 nights lodging in Orlando, we are willing to accept restitution of our Sampler package points (and an extended time in which to use them) in a desirable Bluegreen location.

I left a 'complaint' after our stay and got an email response asking for the best way to be contacted to discuss my complaints. Although I promptly responded, I never got a call. While I don't answer unrecognized numbers, I do listen to vmx and follow-up. SO, how interested is Bluegreen Corp. in resolving issues, improving services and building a brand with satisfied customers????

My wife and I were the victims of the "Blue Green" Vacation Time Share Scam. Please be aware of the false promises and difficulty in making reservations less than a year in advance. The company works on overselling the availability so that it is very difficult to reserve a room in higher demand areas less than 13 months in advance. They sell timeshares based on levels with each level having a longer time to reserve. For example, the Silver Level can reserve 11 months in advance. The Gold level has 12 months in advance to reserve. It is impossible to reserve a few months in advance for the high demand areas because the higher member levels have reserved most/all of the rooms.

Blue Green also sells a much higher number of timeshare points than rooms that are available, essentially forcing customers to use points on other options that are more expensive than the cost of the points. They encourage people to use hotel points or open time share points exchanges. Please don't be a sucker like we were, avoid Blue Green.

These people are scam artists. High pressure unsolicited phone call and a free vacation in exchange for attendance of a high pressure sales pitch. I agreed with the understanding, as stated in the contract, that I had 10 days to change my mind. Called within that period and they say "too bad". Literally. Got a lawyer (Finn Law group) and had this taken care of. Didn't get my down payment refunded but at least I didn't send them a single monthly. BG is terrible.

We purchased $150 package at Bass Pro Shops in exchange for an, on-the-spot $50 Bass Pro gift card. Along with that, we would get our choice of where we'd go on vacation and when, for 3 nights. Once we went, we would be required to sit through a 2-hour promotion for a timeshare. After that, we'd receive a total of $100 in Bass Pro gift cards. Fast forward to the vacation. We arrived at the welcome center to get our destination location. The Bluegreen representatives at the arrival center said we (and many of the other families were excused from the presentation) but we'd go to the convention center the next day to receive our gifts. Many people were there for the same reason and everyone was getting sent to different locations. Although the Outdoor Traveler website said we'd be staying at the Laurel Crest in the Smokey Mountains, we ended up at the Ramada Inn - South location.

After seeing the hotel they put us in, we figured there was another reason to bring us to the convention center. Fortunately for us, we arrived the next day and spent five minutes to receive our gift cards. That was it. Done. We were responsible for the taxes of the hotel. I'm glad the one we ended up staying at was "cheaper" so it only cost $40 in taxes. Would I do it again if they didn't require any purchase? No! Why? There are cheaper options out there for what we paid in total. Now, we're trying to figure how to spend the gift cards because we don't go to the store often. Since then, we completed a different company offer of a timeshare program.

They're all there to sell, sell, sell. But they are scam, after scam, after scam. Plus, they make it very hard for you to leave without taking something from you. My advice... Spend more time researching low-cost vacations and less time researching on how timeshare presentations worked for other people. It'll save you more than a headache in the long-run.

My elderly mother intimidated into signing a contract. When using her existing timeshare points in Florida recently, the Sales department at Bluegreen coerced her into signing a contract for another timeshare (when she already has 2 she doesn't use regularly). She is not well physically or emotionally right now due to the recent loss of her daughter, and was not in the right state of mind to be dealing with pushy salespeople. Although she was with her significant other, they were not given the opportunity to speak privately about the matter during the encounter, nor was she given time to read the contract or provided any information on the cancellation policy.

After the rest of her trip around Florida, she returned home over a week later and went through the paperwork and saw that she had to cancel within 10 days. It was already slightly over that time, but she overnighted the paperwork immediately to cancel the contract. Bluegreen is not honoring the cancellation and is now harassing her with statements that she owes them over $5,000. This is a disgrace that a company could so clearly take advantage of an older women. I will repost when we get this resolved one way or another and continue to look for other avenues to voice my dissatisfaction with this company.

We had purchased BlueGreen's sampler package - yes after all the high pressure 4 hours sales pitch at our first vacation package we had purchased at Shenandoah. So we get the sampler package which is limited significantly on use - when we did attempt to use (which as I work in a school setting) extremely limited so-called availability. We were able to get a few nights in at Wisconsin Dells before Christmas - yes again had to sit through another sales presentation to upgrade and throughout this never given an actual cost. When again had time in my schedule which was school spring break - nothing available so was not able to use my points.

There are extreme limitations for summer use (apparently 3 resorts) - I have only used 3 nights of the package and have the bulk of the points left (7995) which they will only allow me to extend to the Wednesday before Thanksgiving (again only time I have off is for the break and Christmas time). Be aware of those buying these packages that they sell with so many options and opportunities are extremely limited and in our case unusable. Very disappointed with this company as what was sold did not represent what is actually available.

Caller Beware: Received a Phone call from a Bluegreen representative calling from a Wisconsin congratulating me on my entry from a local theater be selected for cruise promotion even though the final drawing has been selected. I was selected for a promotional deal. Once he started his sales pitch and stated that our phone call was going to recorded. I then said I would like a copy of the recording. He said "It doesn't work that way." So I hung up after saying that I am finished talking.

A little over an hour later I get a call from New York using the same speech that the previous caller used. When we got to the part being recorded he said not a problem. Then he went on to stated that Bluegreen Resorts promotion speech and opportunity to go on a cruise. I had a year not make a reservation for the resorts in a couple of Locations and two years for a cruise. Then after answering several of his questions. Then came the hook I was looking for, The cost He wanted 298 for my wife and I to hold the reservation. I told I wasn't going make any decisions right now.

He put me on Hold and in comes their plan B. The supervisor I listen to what he had to say then realizing I was dealing with a time share company. I turned them down. They are friendly and nice but too much pressure to make decision right now. I have learned it's better to walk away from a great deal than be stuck with a bad one. So beware of high pressure sales tactics. I am sure lost my chances for that free cruise. That's life.

Do not use Bluegreen. They try to tell you about nice hotels then turn around and try to stick you in a off brand chain nowhere near where they try to squeeze you into buying a timeshare. They call you to confirm one week before your arrival date to ask you all your personal information that has nothing to do with your vacation. Then wants you to buy a timeshare that is too expensive monthly. You can book a last minute deal cheaper than their monthly program.

Got called, won a trip but before I could discuss w/ my fiance they said unless they received money right then they would take trip away from me. "Christine" got on the phone who told me I shouldn't need to check with anyone. It's a vacation. I am sorry if I am spending $398 with OUR money. I have every right to discuss this with my partner. We were in the middle of preparing for a dinner party & asked if we could talk and get back to them after our guest leave. They told us no they wanted my credit card number now. It's a con, I don't appreciate 2 people ganging up on me on the phone harassing me and not respecting how we handle money in our house. They wouldn't let me talk to a manager either. Just made smart comments on how ignorant I was and hung up on me.

About 3 years ago, we made the mistake to take a 'free weekend' at Disney in exchange for a meeting on a Timeshare opportunity. To make this story short and sweet, we were accosted by 3 different sales people. Every question was the same answer, "This opportunity is only being offered to you at this time and at this time alone." I kept on asking for documentation that will explained what they were selling and how it worked before I made up my mind. It could not be provided.

We walked out of there 4 and 1/2 hours later exhausted paying 136 dollars every month for ONE weekend a year! Since then my husband retired and I've tried asking for help, I wanted to just return it, I've even opened a complaint with the BBB and I've received no replies from them except, they keep on telling me we owe the yearly maintenance fee!!! Yes not only do you pay a monthly fee for a weekend a year but you also pay over 600 for maintenance fee. At this point I'm looking to either get a lawyer or just them foreclosed on me!!

I purchased a package $398 with Bluegreen Vacations. None of the locations I wanted were available when I wanted. I called several times and nothing was available. So I decided to go to Las Vegas thinking the availability would be better. The dates were available but a few days before they confirmed me at a location that is so far from everything. The Hop on Hop off bus doesn't event stop here. I'm going on this trip with my 80 year old mother who uses a cane and the 1st location in Vegas that they held was centrally located. I planned events around that area due to my mother. Less than a week before they call to tell me of the new location. I'm beyond upset. How do you have so many limited choices in a city that has hundreds of hotels? What a joke!! A very misleading company and a waste of money. I can only image what owning a timeshare with them would be like.

We were given a FREE trip back in 2012. Gee, we thought... a couple nights away after my STAGE 4 cancer surgery. They had us go into a 4 hour meeting. Of course, they glamorized the content of their timeshares and told we could get out at any time... AS we stood to leave 4 times, they would sit us back down and keep sweetening the deal. We were told, "IF we walk out the door to think about it, we could NEVER be offered a timeshare with them again." We were told it was the LAW that we could only have ONE offer. IF we walked, that was the end. GOD I wish we had walked... We felt so pressured. We have never had a trip on the membership, have difficulty even finding a NUMBER to call Customer Care, and STILL fight to get RID of this company. Don't LET them LIE to you the way they did us. NOTE: We aren't even sure they have RESOLD and not informed us.

My husband and I went to the presentation on 3/18/17 (On our anniversary date). We both love to travel so we got all caught up with the viewing of the resorts and destinations. The staff were all very friendly. We spent 6 hours there. We were excited! They presented us with the packages starting with their highest down to their lowest price and points. Of course after seeing the prices all of sudden I wasn't too excited. I got discouraged to say the least. My husband was still excited and wanted to purchase the travel package. So we bought the package with 5k points annual. Then the next day they contacted us to thank us for our patience and gave us an extra 4k points to use for the following year which I thought it was cool of them to do. But, I still didn't feel right about the purchase. So I decided to do some research and read the reviews which made me decide to cancel.

Besides after analyzing our financial status, I knew this was not a smart move on our part. I can travel for a whole lot less than what they have to offer considering I used to be a Travel Agent. So on 3/26/17, I typed up my letter to cancel within the rescission period as per our contract, we had 10 days from 3/18/17. I packaged the book, brochures and CD (that was provided at time of sale) along with our cancellation letter. I dropped it off at FedEx on 3/26/17, was picked up on 3/27/17 and delivered on 3/29/17. I checked my bank account today, 4/14/17 and they refunded me my down payment. I told my husband we will never do this again! I rated my experience 4 stars based on the fact that if you cancel within the rescission period, you will receive a full refund, no questions asked.

We went to a preview in July 2016 in Williamsburg. We went in for a 60 minute preview and then they sat and talked to us and we were there for like 5 hours. My husband and I ended up purchasing after I did not want to. I went back the next day to cancel and they would not let me. The girl was not in. They said when I got home to send a letter in to them. I did. Certified. I was a day late. You spend the couple days there and then you come home send the letter and by the time it gets there they said it was too late. I don't believe them. So make sure to cancel before you leave. It is a scam. We bought 16,000 points for 2 years and we can't get in anywhere to reserve. It so not worth it. We went to the next preview which teaches you how to use the points but it really doesn't. We have tried so many places to get in and all the places we really wanted to go in the summer were gone.

RCI you have to pay all this money additional to your monthly fee as well as using your points. The places take a lot of points. It is so much cheaper to take that monthly payment each month and put on a vacation acct and then use it instead of buying a timeshare. Also, if you live in the state of MD you do not have to sit with them after the preview. You can still get your free stuff and leave. It isn't free. We were offered a cruise which was crappy and you have to fly to get to the port and then pay port fees. DON'T BUY A TIMESHARE. I wish I would of fully listened to my gut and not my husband.

They made a fool of us through their cruise deal. We were told it's going to be free and we just have to pay our taxes. First of all we had to pay $150 to hold that stupid deal. Now that we're trying to make a reservation, we're given an estimated amount of $800 per person to be paid for booking. The worst part is that we are being told the basic itinerary of the cruise unless we make a payment of $800. and if it doesn't suit me, there is no going back. I wish I had read the reviews before getting mugged by these people. I wasted so much time and money already.

My husband and I were drawn in to speak to the representatives at the Bluegreen Vacations booth at a County Fair in September of 2016. We were told about a seemingly great deal to come to Vegas and stay at the Bluegreen Club 36 Resort. In exchange for paying $200 and booking a trip we were promised several perks. Knowing we were wanting to go to Vegas, this felt like a great deal so much so that I called my in-laws over to the booth to hear what information we were given. *I referred them to come over when they otherwise wouldn’t have come.* They were offered the SAME perks and the representatives told us to just simply book the trip on different days. We were under the impression they meant call on different days to book the trip, not book separate vacations (why would Bluegreen expect people to do this?).

Weeks leading up to the trip we were called to ask about being in a group. We were also told if it were to be found out that we were in a group we would be charged a fee of $200 each. As I hope you can understand this caused great concern and stress. For $400, what we paid between the 4 us, we could have easily stayed somewhere else for a few nights and to have to pay an additional fee for something we were not warned about. So, we maintained that we were not in a group because we did not get sold this trip as a group. We live in our own home, pay our own bills, make our own money and pay taxes just like every other individual in the great USA. We are 29 and 32 years old, not children, teenagers or even young college students attending a presentation with their parents. Can someone please acknowledge there is a difference?

Our trip was booked for 3/16/17-3/19/17. We opted to drive to Vegas separately, checked in separately and attended the presentation separated from each other. When we checked in there were no issues. We sat through the entire presentation and once it was over we weren't with the sales rep more than a few minutes when a manager came up and told us that our "family" would be "joining us for the presentation", drag up two extra chairs and then promptly left, leaving our sales rep and us taken completely off guard. This lead to a very confusing and frustrating interaction with the sales representative. At no time prior to the manager dragging two additional chairs to our table were we ever asked again about the group issue.

Eventually someone else came up to us and told us they wouldn't charge us the fee (oh, gee thanks) but they were taking away our gifts. When we asked on what basis she said the system flagged us as a group based on a number of factors. So, as a thank you for not only booking this trip but also referring another potential timeshare owner, the gifts that were promised to my husband and me were taken away and only given to my in-laws (my referral to Bluegreen). Additionally, we were made to feel like criminals because we wanted to be seen as individuals, which is what we are, instead of a group. If we have the financial stability to purchase a timeshare on our own we should have been given the right to be treated as individuals. The manager also claimed to have no authority to allow us to keep our gifts, stating it was "company policy."

So let me get this straight, in the 21st Century how could a company that is supposedly so wonderful and so amazing and so well loved by its owners maintain a policy that is so asinine and applied so broadly with no room for evaluation on a case by case basis? And if Bluegreen does give freedom to their managers (who knows - maybe he did and felt the need to exercise a power trip) why they would employ someone with so little regard to large scale repercussions is alarming.

What that experience told me is #1. Bluegreen DOES NOT love you know matter what and #2. It was worth ruining two sales representative's opportunities to sell us a timeshare (the reps didn’t even get a chance to talk to us before being bombarded by a manager), it was worth taking away $350 in gifts and it was worth making the entire Bluegreen Vacations name a sour taste in our mouths which will no doubt be shared via multiple avenues, all to maintain a policy that is so ridiculous and stringent that there's no room to make exceptions on a case by case basis.

Tell me, is this how Bluegreen truly operates? I don't appreciate the stress this caused me being 6 months pregnant. I don't appreciate being taken to the lobby while I am visibly upset to be seen by other guests being told we wouldn't get the gifts we were promised and I don't appreciate a company that employs managers that either won't exercise their power to review situations and make exceptions or won't give their managers the power to make exceptions on a case by case basis. I will never book another timeshare presentation in my life due to this experience.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Bluegreen is a company that specializes in timeshares and adventure vacations, and it was founded in 1966. The company caters to more than 175,000 owners and is headquartered in Boca Raton, FL. The company features a deeded timeshare program with timeshare locations across the United States and Caribbean.

• Conveniently located: Bluegreen Corp. features timeshare properties across the United States, which makes them easy to access for customers across America.
  • Bluegreen Vacation Points system: The company offers customers a points system, and they can access different resorts by accumulating more points. These points can also be exchanged with RCI properties.
  • Adventures available: Representatives from Bluegreen Corp. can help customers find and book fun adventures and excursions during the time they use their timeshare.
  • Gift card perks: The company gives customers who book a Bluegreen Getaway a 75 dollar Visa Reward Card as an added perk.
  • Getaway deals: Bluegreen Corp. offers customers regular deals, with two to five night getaways at properties across the country that cost only 149 dollars.
  • Best for People who want a luxury vacation property, large families, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with disposable income.

Compare Timeshares