Bluegreen Corp.

Compare Timeshares

Research top Timeshares recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

About 3 years ago, we made the mistake to take a 'free weekend' at Disney in exchange for a meeting on a Timeshare opportunity. To make this story short and sweet, we were accosted by 3 different sales people. Every question was the same answer, "This opportunity is only being offered to you at this time and at this time alone." I kept on asking for documentation that will explained what they were selling and how it worked before I made up my mind. It could not be provided.

We walked out of there 4 and 1/2 hours later exhausted paying 136 dollars every month for ONE weekend a year! Since then my husband retired and I've tried asking for help, I wanted to just return it, I've even opened a complaint with the BBB and I've received no replies from them except, they keep on telling me we owe the yearly maintenance fee!!! Yes not only do you pay a monthly fee for a weekend a year but you also pay over 600 for maintenance fee. At this point I'm looking to either get a lawyer or just them foreclosed on me!!

I purchased a package $398 with Bluegreen Vacations. None of the locations I wanted were available when I wanted. I called several times and nothing was available. So I decided to go to Las Vegas thinking the availability would be better. The dates were available but a few days before they confirmed me at a location that is so far from everything. The Hop on Hop off bus doesn't event stop here. I'm going on this trip with my 80 year old mother who uses a cane and the 1st location in Vegas that they held was centrally located. I planned events around that area due to my mother. Less than a week before they call to tell me of the new location. I'm beyond upset. How do you have so many limited choices in a city that has hundreds of hotels? What a joke!! A very misleading company and a waste of money. I can only image what owning a timeshare with them would be like.

We were given a FREE trip back in 2012. Gee, we thought... a couple nights away after my STAGE 4 cancer surgery. They had us go into a 4 hour meeting. Of course, they glamorized the content of their timeshares and told we could get out at any time... AS we stood to leave 4 times, they would sit us back down and keep sweetening the deal. We were told, "IF we walk out the door to think about it, we could NEVER be offered a timeshare with them again." We were told it was the LAW that we could only have ONE offer. IF we walked, that was the end. GOD I wish we had walked... We felt so pressured. We have never had a trip on the membership, have difficulty even finding a NUMBER to call Customer Care, and STILL fight to get RID of this company. Don't LET them LIE to you the way they did us. NOTE: We aren't even sure they have RESOLD and not informed us.

My husband and I went to the presentation on 3/18/17 (On our anniversary date). We both love to travel so we got all caught up with the viewing of the resorts and destinations. The staff were all very friendly. We spent 6 hours there. We were excited! They presented us with the packages starting with their highest down to their lowest price and points. Of course after seeing the prices all of sudden I wasn't too excited. I got discouraged to say the least. My husband was still excited and wanted to purchase the travel package. So we bought the package with 5k points annual. Then the next day they contacted us to thank us for our patience and gave us an extra 4k points to use for the following year which I thought it was cool of them to do. But, I still didn't feel right about the purchase. So I decided to do some research and read the reviews which made me decide to cancel.

Besides after analyzing our financial status, I knew this was not a smart move on our part. I can travel for a whole lot less than what they have to offer considering I used to be a Travel Agent. So on 3/26/17, I typed up my letter to cancel within the rescission period as per our contract, we had 10 days from 3/18/17. I packaged the book, brochures and CD (that was provided at time of sale) along with our cancellation letter. I dropped it off at FedEx on 3/26/17, was picked up on 3/27/17 and delivered on 3/29/17. I checked my bank account today, 4/14/17 and they refunded me my down payment. I told my husband we will never do this again! I rated my experience 4 stars based on the fact that if you cancel within the rescission period, you will receive a full refund, no questions asked.

We went to a preview in July 2016 in Williamsburg. We went in for a 60 minute preview and then they sat and talked to us and we were there for like 5 hours. My husband and I ended up purchasing after I did not want to. I went back the next day to cancel and they would not let me. The girl was not in. They said when I got home to send a letter in to them. I did. Certified. I was a day late. You spend the couple days there and then you come home send the letter and by the time it gets there they said it was too late. I don't believe them. So make sure to cancel before you leave. It is a scam. We bought 16,000 points for 2 years and we can't get in anywhere to reserve. It so not worth it. We went to the next preview which teaches you how to use the points but it really doesn't. We have tried so many places to get in and all the places we really wanted to go in the summer were gone.

RCI you have to pay all this money additional to your monthly fee as well as using your points. The places take a lot of points. It is so much cheaper to take that monthly payment each month and put on a vacation acct and then use it instead of buying a timeshare. Also, if you live in the state of MD you do not have to sit with them after the preview. You can still get your free stuff and leave. It isn't free. We were offered a cruise which was crappy and you have to fly to get to the port and then pay port fees. DON'T BUY A TIMESHARE. I wish I would of fully listened to my gut and not my husband.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

They made a fool of us through their cruise deal. We were told it's going to be free and we just have to pay our taxes. First of all we had to pay $150 to hold that stupid deal. Now that we're trying to make a reservation, we're given an estimated amount of $800 per person to be paid for booking. The worst part is that we are being told the basic itinerary of the cruise unless we make a payment of $800. and if it doesn't suit me, there is no going back. I wish I had read the reviews before getting mugged by these people. I wasted so much time and money already.

My husband and I were drawn in to speak to the representatives at the Bluegreen Vacations booth at a County Fair in September of 2016. We were told about a seemingly great deal to come to Vegas and stay at the Bluegreen Club 36 Resort. In exchange for paying $200 and booking a trip we were promised several perks. Knowing we were wanting to go to Vegas, this felt like a great deal so much so that I called my in-laws over to the booth to hear what information we were given. *I referred them to come over when they otherwise wouldn’t have come.* They were offered the SAME perks and the representatives told us to just simply book the trip on different days. We were under the impression they meant call on different days to book the trip, not book separate vacations (why would Bluegreen expect people to do this?).

Weeks leading up to the trip we were called to ask about being in a group. We were also told if it were to be found out that we were in a group we would be charged a fee of $200 each. As I hope you can understand this caused great concern and stress. For $400, what we paid between the 4 us, we could have easily stayed somewhere else for a few nights and to have to pay an additional fee for something we were not warned about. So, we maintained that we were not in a group because we did not get sold this trip as a group. We live in our own home, pay our own bills, make our own money and pay taxes just like every other individual in the great USA. We are 29 and 32 years old, not children, teenagers or even young college students attending a presentation with their parents. Can someone please acknowledge there is a difference?

Our trip was booked for 3/16/17-3/19/17. We opted to drive to Vegas separately, checked in separately and attended the presentation separated from each other. When we checked in there were no issues. We sat through the entire presentation and once it was over we weren't with the sales rep more than a few minutes when a manager came up and told us that our "family" would be "joining us for the presentation", drag up two extra chairs and then promptly left, leaving our sales rep and us taken completely off guard. This lead to a very confusing and frustrating interaction with the sales representative. At no time prior to the manager dragging two additional chairs to our table were we ever asked again about the group issue.

Eventually someone else came up to us and told us they wouldn't charge us the fee (oh, gee thanks) but they were taking away our gifts. When we asked on what basis she said the system flagged us as a group based on a number of factors. So, as a thank you for not only booking this trip but also referring another potential timeshare owner, the gifts that were promised to my husband and me were taken away and only given to my in-laws (my referral to Bluegreen). Additionally, we were made to feel like criminals because we wanted to be seen as individuals, which is what we are, instead of a group. If we have the financial stability to purchase a timeshare on our own we should have been given the right to be treated as individuals. The manager also claimed to have no authority to allow us to keep our gifts, stating it was "company policy."

So let me get this straight, in the 21st Century how could a company that is supposedly so wonderful and so amazing and so well loved by its owners maintain a policy that is so asinine and applied so broadly with no room for evaluation on a case by case basis? And if Bluegreen does give freedom to their managers (who knows - maybe he did and felt the need to exercise a power trip) why they would employ someone with so little regard to large scale repercussions is alarming.

What that experience told me is #1. Bluegreen DOES NOT love you know matter what and #2. It was worth ruining two sales representative's opportunities to sell us a timeshare (the reps didn’t even get a chance to talk to us before being bombarded by a manager), it was worth taking away $350 in gifts and it was worth making the entire Bluegreen Vacations name a sour taste in our mouths which will no doubt be shared via multiple avenues, all to maintain a policy that is so ridiculous and stringent that there's no room to make exceptions on a case by case basis.

Tell me, is this how Bluegreen truly operates? I don't appreciate the stress this caused me being 6 months pregnant. I don't appreciate being taken to the lobby while I am visibly upset to be seen by other guests being told we wouldn't get the gifts we were promised and I don't appreciate a company that employs managers that either won't exercise their power to review situations and make exceptions or won't give their managers the power to make exceptions on a case by case basis. I will never book another timeshare presentation in my life due to this experience.

Short story I bought a vacation package to Wisconsin Dells that sounded too good and when I try to book no days were available to be booked. After trying to book for weeks and calling customer service I just gave up. Now just couple weeks ago I started getting calls from them trying to get me to upgrade my package which I never got to used.

When we went for an ownership review, the sales person lied like a Westgate salesperson would. Just found out why, Westgate bought them out! He told any lie to sell us and they make it very difficult to cancel your product purchase. 3 out of 4 times we have used our so called "Choice hotel privileges", the hotels were straight out of hell. Don't do business with this company! If we could get our money back now of what we have paid, believe me, we would. Is there any honest timeshare companies left out there? Twice burned and totally never doing it again.

My wife and I have been Bluegreen owners for many years and I must say we were happy owners, starting with the sampler trial program and moved up to various upgrades. Until our last upgrade in Myrtle Beach at the Carolina Grande. First of the whole vacation was a horrible experience for my wife and I. Upon our arrival we were place in a non-Bluegreen property next door to the Sea Glass and was told that all the rooms were booked. The property was definitely not the caliber of any Bluegreen property. Nevertheless my wife and I made the best of the vacation, visiting the city and other Bluegreen facilities to find out or was told that we should have never been placed in a non-Bluegreen facility but the reservation desk thought that we were visiting the resort for a preview as not as owners. WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE!!!

Well anyway, a Bluegreen rep reviewed our owners contract and said that he noticed that we were paying a lot of money for our points and that he could redo our contract and make us SILVER VIP owners and reduce our maintenance fees to less than what we were paying. The rep stated that he would even assist us in refinancing after the purchase to reducing our payments down to an even lesser amount. After saying to us that no money was necessary at the time to complete the transaction, he later came back saying that we had to put money down, then he later said that we had to secure the point rate at the time which was 25 Sept 2016.

I should have not signed anything, but because I had never had a Bluegreen rep misrepresent the company l went ahead and signed, then the rep and HIS MANAGER, came back and said that they couldn't find my BLUEGREEN REWARDS account and that to complete the transaction that I would have to reapply for another REWARDS card, which I later found was a lie. Well we didn't complete the contract that day due to our flight back to Michigan, so the agreement was that the REP would send us the contract, would go over the contract with him via FACETIME and then return the contract back to Bluegreen with the expectation of getting a copy of the contract immediately following their receipt of the contract from us. We didn't receive a copy of the contract until Jan 2017 and that was after many complaints were made to Customer Care and back to the Carolina Grande.

Customer Care wasn't called until the rep told me that I better stop calling his phone. Nevertheless it is now April 2017 and we are seriously upset, we are not happy or content. I have personally talked to Customer Care reps and everyone of them have said that they see the errors in my contract or they understand and apologize for the misrepresentation by the rep or to even say that our contract is full of errors. Mind you we only upgraded with the intentions of lowering our maintenance fees and to consolidate our two Bluegreen accounts. Which never happen. This rep lied and equity traded only one property which happened to be the property that we only owed less that $2000 but was supposed to had equity trade both properties. The document authorizing the equity trading of both properties was in the initial package we signed in Oct 2016 but when we received the copy of the contract in Jan 2017 then document was not in the package.

Two week, my wife and I spoke with the new Sales Manager at the Carolina Grande. She was appalled at the treatment that we received. She said that she would request our contract and get back to us with a resolution. I've talked to Customer Care which has been useless but to only told on numerous occasions that we will get back to you and the latest comment was that there was nothing that he could do and that I could not talk to a supervisor or anyone else in the company and if I got screwed it my fault. I'm getting better conversation from Bluegreen Mortgage Collections Department. There are so many holes in my contract that every time one is filled another pops up.

At this point after the threats of damaging my credit and afraid to agree to the contract, I just want to go back to my contract or void this contract because your SALES REP lied and misrepresented your company. I would hate to have to get other entities involved but in accordance to the way that my wife and I have been treated, it will be appropriate. YOU HAVE EFFECTIVELY MISTREATED A LOYAL CUSTOMER BLUEGREEN.

It was nothing more than a free vacation for me. I knew going in that they were going to do their best to sell me a package of some sort of vacation. I decided I would listen to what they had to say and most definitely consider it. However, after listening to what they had to say, my husband and I decided that we would not use it enough and it was not financially a benefit for us and we were upfront and told them so. The salesman, disappointment but happy that we were honest, was ok and not pushy. He gave us a few other offers that we did consider, but we refused. We left and were happy for the experience. Nothing more nothing less.

The folks were nice and they had great customer service. That's it. There was nothing sneaky about it. We were able to spend four days in Williamsburg, VA from March 24, 2017 to March 27, 2017. We meet with Daniel at 2:30 on Saturday (the 25th). Daniel was a great guy. If we ever decide to buy into a vacation package, we would seek out Daniel. We just felt the time in our life to spend the money was not the right time.

I am a "Platinum" (less than .1% of all owners) Bluegreen owner and would like to write this review in the hopes that it will keep others from making the same mistakes that we have made. Bluegreen Resorts is a timeshare that is heavily marketed by Bass Pro Shop as a getaway resort. I do agree that the Bluegreen resorts are excellent quality but the problem is that you can never get the prime resorts when you want. Our original thought was that we could make reservations at the places we want at the times of the year we wanted to go. What we have found is anything but that. We find ourselves simply making reservations at resorts and times of the year that we would not really want to but have to just so that we use our points without losing them.

BlueGreen is very good at playing on the heart strings playing the "it's something that you can give your kids" or "it's a great deal", "where else can you go to reserve 4 and 5 star resorts for the cost". What they don't tell you is that if you factor in the value of money and the ever increasing cost of maintenance you could do much better on your own. I complained to BlueGreen asking them to buy back our timeshare only for them to tell me that my only option was to try to sell it through Pinnacle (which I contacted and was told that they can't sell our points with privileges because we have too many) or I could donate them to charity.

I don't know about you but I can't afford to give away almost $100,000. That's a lot of money. I also countered to BlueGreen asking them to buy back our timeshare for 75 cents on the dollar but that was a no go also. I also contacted Bass Pro Shop asking for their assistance but to no avail, they just tell you to take it up with Bluegreen. If Bass Pro Shop were really interested in customer satisfaction they should review their partnership with Bluegreen.

I cannot believe we actually bought into their phony vacations. We have been trying for a year to book a reservation with Bluegreen just to be told everything is already booked up. EVERY TIME WE CALL! We set on hold for at least 20-30 min then get a different agent to tell us something different every time regarding our account. And there is nothing they can do since their supervisors don't take phone calls! Extremely frustrating. After a year of extreme frustration, we asked to please be let out of contract and want money back since they are not holding up their end of the contract. With no luck they say we are stuck. They make all kinds of promises they don't keep. There is no "amazing vacation" like they promise, just year worth of headaches. And endless minutes spent on hold. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND SANITY! Stay away from Bluegreen Vacations.

This company is the biggest rip off! Without going into a long story, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! Before going to one of these sales pitches READ REVIEWS! I wished I had done a little research first to save me 3 hours of grief! I can assure you I did not fall for the smoke and mirrors and didn't give them a dime. But none the less it was 3 hours of BS! It blows my mind that they try and sucker you out of $40,000 PLUS they try and charge you an additional $350 process fee??? Really?! After you give them $40,000???

"OOOH! But if you purchase today, you can finance that at 16.99%." WOW!! When I called the salesperson out on it he told me I could refinance it through my bank and whispered, "This is Mob Financing" Are you freaking kidding me!? Once the sales guy realized I wasn't going for any of their BS, he leaned into me and said, "Please just let me get through this and we will be done." It's a shame that this is even legal. And what's even worse is that the people that work there could care a less about you as long as you put money in their pockets.

I was reading all these hateful reviews about BG timeshares and I had to provide my own two sense. You notice I spelled it sense. If you don't like, or trust timeshares, don't buy one. We have had great experiences with our BG ownership. We bought in at Big Cedar Lodge on Table Rock Lake in Missouri in about 2005. I will agree with some of the posts that it can be difficult to book a vacation at some of the destinations sometimes. Big Cedar is very hard to get a reservation. But you have to be flexible, people. Since we joined we have vacationed in Big Cedar Lodge 3 times, Paradise Point (also at Table Rock Lake), Orlando, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, San Francisco, Las Vegas twice, Wisconsin Dells, Phoenix. Some of these destinations were through Select Connections or whatever it's called that partners with BG, and yes, you pay a fee to access their inventory, but it is only like $50 and it gives you access to a lot more places.

Also we have used our points for hotel stays in Chicago, Minneapolis, Omaha, and Dallas. If you are a person that doesn't like to spend a lot of time planning your vacations do not buy a timeshare. You have to spend some time figuring out where you want to go, what season, how many points, and you have to be somewhat flexible. If I can't go to Miami can I go to Fort Lauderdale? How about Delray Beach? And Hot Weeks can also be awesome. Most of the time there isn't much that I am interested in. But, sometimes there is. We are talking any place on the list, all over the world, always only 3,000 points. I repeat, only 3,000 points. You just have to be able to travel on short notice. Why else would it be only 3,000 points? Duh? They are trying to sell off their excess inventory at the last minute and 3,000 points is totally awesome.

You can also book destinations all over the world through partnership with RCI. Yes, there are fees to transfer your points to RCI, but you are paying for that flexibility. I believe that BG reps have been honest and professional. I decided to sign up and I did not feel pressured to do so. I have been to other timeshare presentations that I thought I might not make it out alive unless I committed to something. Not so with BG. I have bought additional points, upgraded, twice since my initial purchase, voluntarily. I could have said no, and have on several occasions. More points equals more flexibility. Yes, there are maintenance fees but the money is used to keep the places NICE. If you stay at a BG owned facility it will be nice. Some of the associate resorts, not so much, but most are OK. Read the information about each resort. Understand it so you have realistic expectations.

We have stayed at associate resorts that were not very fancy, certainly not like a BG owned and managed facilities which are always very nice, but they were clean, decent, and had other perks that are offsetting in my mind. Like right on a secluded stretch of Florida Gulf Coast beach. Walk out the door onto the beach. Fish all day in the surf. What's not to like? Nothing fancy about the room but certainly adequate. A great vacation. BG is also always purchasing timeshares in new locations, expanding our opportunity. Since we joined I don't know how many new places have been added but I know at least the following; New Orleans, Savannah, New York City, San Antonio, Dennis Port, to name a few. They are also using that maintenance fee money to renovate certain resorts that need to be updated, keeping everything nice and topnotch for the owners.

And finally, yes the "Owner Updates." These meetings take about an hour if you control the time clock. If you let them, they will keep you longer. It is an opportunity for them to try to sell you more points, an upgrade. It is also an opportunity for you to purchase more points. If you don't want to, then tell them no. I have been to owner updates probably eight times. I upgraded at two, said no at six. As the name implies, owner updates also are an opportunity to find out what is going on with your BG membership. New programs, new properties, new exciting stuff that you are learning about and can ask questions. Timeshares also motivate to some extent your potential to take a vacation or not. You are paying the maintenance fees whether you go anywhere or not. Your points expire and you lose them if you do not go anywhere. So go.

So, in summary, come on people, timeshares are not for everyone. You have to be honest with yourself. If it sounds too good to be true, it is. You really think you are going to stay in five star resorts every time, everywhere for a few points? No. Do you think those five star resorts just kind of take care of themselves and you shouldn't have to pay maintenance fees? No. Do you not want your vacation purveyor to keep adding new destinations, new programs, more flexibility? Yes, you do. Haven't you noticed that "stuff" is expensive and companies like airlines are nickeling and diming you to death and you think well, it's not fair to pay $35 to save my points, or $50 to access expanded inventory, or $35 for cancellation privileges? Come on, be realistic, and be flexible and quit complaining. Book a vacation and enjoy life you fancies!

We purchased a package, then 7 months in they asked us to Come in for customer orientation. It ended up being another sale. They said our package didn't give us any points to vacation with. Well almost a year and a half into it we can't seem to book anything. They never have anything available.

We purchased a vacation timeshare from Bluegreen Vacations. We were to receive 12000 points every other year that could be used to take vacations. We paid the entire package off within 30 days of our purchase date. The package we purchased was $15900 plus a $350 processing fee. We like to take cruises so we stressed to the salesman the was the only reason for our purchase. She told us we could book a cabin for just 5000 points. She even brought the manager over to assure us.

After our purchase we tried to book a cruise but we couldn't find any cabins available to book. After some phone calls we found out that you can't pay by the cabin, it's by the person and 12000 points only equates to around $500 off? When we went to our orientation they told us if we bought an additional package we would be able to book a cruise every year for our family, so we purchase another $16000 package. When we got home and tried to book a cruise, once again nothing available and not enough points to cover a cruise for our family? We quickly decided we had been scaled again. I started going through our papers looking for a way out. We were able to refund the 2nd purchase because we had only had it a week, but we had had the 1st purchase for about 100 days and they said the cut off time was 90 days, even after they had lied to get me to purchase.

About 6 months after our purchase we received a maintenance bill for around $500? They told us we would get one a year and they didn't waste any time. We continued to try and book any kind of vacation since we were stuck with this thing and we paid for it in full, but have never been able to get anything. A year after our purchase we received a points expiring letter, informing us that our points would expire in 30 days if we didn't pay a $35 rollover fee? We said if we only get points ever 2 years why do they expire every year? No sooner did we pay the rollover fee did we get two maintenance bills? One for $800 and another almost $200??? This is 3 maintenance bills in one year, yes it's 2 different years 2016 and 2017, but still only a year from when we purchased our timeshare? We have still never even been able to book a vacation yet because nothing's available?

I called Bluegreen in disgust but they still refuse to refund my timeshare. I ask what would happen if I don't pay the maintenance fees and they said they would shut off our benefits and could take back our timeshare? How can they repossess something we paid off 100%? I ask if they could just stop giving us points since we can't book anything anyway and then stop sending us maintenance fees? What a deal for them, we have them over $17000 and we never got even one vacation of anything? But they said no. If we don't pay the fees they ruin our credit and repossess our timeshare? What a scam.

So what do I do, keep paying them every year for something I can use? I stop paying and let them repossess and ruin my credit for something we never got to use? What a scam. Then they tell you Pinnacle can sell your timeshare but they charge you $2000 and Bluegreen says no membership benefits of perks transfer to the new owners? Lol. Like they would be able to use the timeshare anyway? We would just be screwing someone just like they screwed us.

OK so I bought a package in 2014 that I was never able to go enjoy. Well I have been looking to go on vacation with my daughter. I do not have a lot of extra money so I looked into BookVIP. Had a little trouble but was nicely resolved. The problem is it was a little more than I really had to spend, so I told her I had purchased through Bluegreen vacation and would see if I could get it through them since I had already given them money.

Well I contacted them, gave them a $100 renewal fee, and she then very quickly gave me a list of hotels. I guess I wrote them down fast because I just cannot find out how in the world to tell what to do. She informed me I could pay more to stay at the time shares actual location, which to tell you the truth I did not have the money and bookVIP was actually going to keep me at the nicer resorts so I gave up that too. Not get any help to her to stay. I have no clue at all how to get a hotel and now after reading while I waited after reading reviews you stay at really crappy places.

I am really upset that I made this bad decision to go ahead and reactivate this account because they did not help me Reserve, find or even I have no clue I have a list of hotels that I have no clue how to look up. You can't go on their site and actually look up the actual hotels. I just don't know what to do and here I am if I have to pay a bunch of extra money. I don't have them. Only that I was told that I would have to pay $100 fee that would be returned back to me if the room is clean. If anyone knows what to do I don't have a clue what to do.

I really wish I could just get my hundred dollars back so if anybody knows if I can get a $100 reinstatement fee or whatever they call it back please let me know. Also I gave it at 3 because the lady was really nice. I just didn't realize how vague she was being till I you know I kept asking questions. But until I hung up the phone I did not realize how I've been befuddled again period. I really just need a hotel. A decent one.

Purchased a sampler, unable to use holidays, unable to use during summer months, which only leaves very few days. What they don't tell you, they only have very few rooms for samplers, which really means you will never get a room!!! Bluegreen is a RIP-OFF. Don't fall for their fast talking sales pitch. I spoke to a guy that said he would extend my year & help me book no matter how long it took, not so, when I called back they stated my time was up.

While in a bass pro store I was stopped by a bluegreen rep telling me about the fabulous resorts bluegreen has and that if I was willing to sit in on a 1.5 hr presentation I can get three nights in one of the towns they have a resort plus $125.00 in bass pro givecards. I was not really interested but was swayed to sign-up for the locations being offered for the free stay (plus the 125 in BP giftcards). I selected Savannah GA for mid oct 2016. The hotel we stayed at was actually very nice, no complaints at all and was in the Savannah historical district. On the day of the presentation we attended the 1.5 hr meeting was more like 3 hr. I have worked for over 30+ years at topnotch companies that Bluegreen can blow away on their presentations. They do a great job even if you have 100% of no intent on purchasing a unit.

After about an hr of trying to convince me and me holding pat they told me about a "trial" package that I think was 9000 pts that would give me some time at their resorts where they were sure I would change my mind and then go for the actual "big" purchase. The price appeared to be good, I think it was a little over $700.00 with my thinking being that at worst case I would spend some time at a high quality resort for 4-7nights. Prior to going for this trial I asked about availability and was told that in the main season it might be tough to book a room but off season I should have no problem at most locations. This sold me since I would try the trial in the "off season" since I know there would be a slim to no chance of getting a room at a place like savannah, new orleans, etc.

A few days ago (2/10/17) I had my wife call to make reservations for their hershey (PA) location. She was told they are all booked up and really I need to make the reservation 5 months in advance. I was really upset and called again later that evening. I was told that that's spring break thus the reason why no rooms were available. Totally BS, told the lady there is no way Hershey PA is booked due to spring break. I was also told that I should have booked this months ago. I informed her I got the package end of october, and had to wait 30 days for it to be "activated" plus it expires 1 yr (nov 2017).

I asked for my money back saying that it appears Bluegreen was going to get my $$ anyway they could. I did not go for the "main" package but was stupid enough to get fooled by this "trial" package. After complaining for a few minutes about what a scam bluegreen is she "found" a room in hershey in April for me. I had to book it just so I don't lose out on 100% of my fee. I will try to see if I can book the remaining points some time by the expiration date of nov 2017 but don't hold out hope.

BOTTOM LINE IS PLEASE! PLEASE! Don't believe and DON'T TRUST Bluegreen, their salesmen are good, they seem like nice people, like somebody you would consider a friend. DON'T get fooled, THEY WILL scam you as they did me and I am sure many others. TOO LATE FOR ME, but please consider NOT buying in to Bluegreen, As a reference please review the many websites where BLUEGREEN owners voice their complaints. I should have paid attention to these websites. You have to ask yourself, WHY WOULD bluegreen owners have 100's of complaints on the various websites. BLUEGREEN at their meetings tells you how they are highly rated, how they run a class organization (I do agree on the presentation they are hard to beat). If this is true WHY SO MANY bluegreen "owners" are so unhappy with choosing Bluegreen. PLEASE - STAY AWAY FROM BLUEGREEN.

I purchased a Bluegreen Vacation Club Sampler this year during Orlando timeshare presentation. I decided that the package wasn't the best for me so I sent a cancellation letter to corporate via priority mail (the first one sent via regular post mail was not received). From the reviews I have read, I expected this process to be exhausting and unpleasant. However to my dismay, It wasn't. I sent my second letter on Saturday via priority mail (requiring signature for delivery), the letter was processed and on their system by Tuesday. I just received a credit to my account of the full purchased price. All the representative I spoke to during this process have been kind and informative. Hope this brings some encouragement to someone that thinks this process will be overwhelming.

The biggest scam I have ever experienced. They give you a list of hotel and resorts and they tell you you can choose any of them. The truth is none available when you call to make reservation and they pick a 3 star motel-like destination for you in a take it or leave it attitude. Check in at 4:00 pm and check out at 10:00 am. If you pay for your own vacation, it would cost you the same, but at least you can choose your resort and more importantly your time of travel. I spent an entire day calling to explain that this is not what I was told, but they don't care. On top of that, they think they can sell me timeshare. What a bunch of unethical scammers.

Against my better judgement I agreed to timeshare spiel for weekend getaway under the conditions I could change my mind and get my money back. They will say what they need to to make sale and when you agree at the end of conversation all that was said during conversation goes out the window. I will NOT go and they call me several times a day from different locations so I can't block them. DO NOT FALL for it!!! They will never leave you alone!!!

Scene 1: I filled out a contest form at the movie theatre - who doesn't? A free cruise? Sure! Scene 2: I got a call a couple days ago from a number in Georgia, but I was at work (I'm a teacher...) and I couldn't pick up. Scene 3: Today I got a call from the same number, and it happened to be my prep period. Out of curiosity, I picked up. I got this whole spiel about how I'm a finalist in this BlueGreen contest, blah blah blah. I'd won a land vacation at one of these awesome locations and I'd have to sit through the presentation and then I'd be entered to win a 4-day cruise, and the only thing we'd be responsible for paying is transportation to the locations, but accommodations would be included.

So he's reading this script - which I think he was frustrated that I kept interrupting with questions - and trying to be all cheerful. I ask if this information could be mailed to me, and he's all, "Sure! I'm getting to that next!" So I listen, and all I have to do is pay a fee of like, $140 per person, and they'd mail me my stuff. STOP. Any time a person who calls me asks for my credit card over the phone, I stop them right there. Red Flag #1. I asked him if I could call him back because I'd like to talk to my spouse about this kind of decision. He stumbled and said "Uhhh... for a good 10 seconds." The computer makes the call for me, so I'm not really sure how you would do that." I said, "There's not a phone number for where you are?" He affirmed that no, there isn't a phone number he's aware of. Red Flag #2. He went on about how because there was a limited time and limited offers he'd have to take my information now. He needs it right right now. Red Flag #3.

I informed him that actually, I'd received a call just a couple of days ago from them, so I was certain that it was not, in fact, quite that limited, and that if my phone number popped up again, I'd be more prepared and might actually take them up on their offer. But today, randomly, during my work day, no I will not be giving out my credit card to strangers. I thanked him for his time and hung up, I'm pretty sure while he was saying something else. I will accept no bologna from these people. I promptly Googled them after I hung up, and wouldn't you know it? Everyone is saying the same thing. Stay away from this company and do not accept anything they tell you. They are scammers.

This review is for anyone considering to sign up for Bluegreen Timeshare. DO NOT DO IT! Save yourself for thousands of dollars that you will never see again! They will rip you off and keep charging you and you will not be able to ever use the units when you want. I owned my timeshare, I was a PLATINUM owner, and what they don't tell you is that the maintenance fees keep getting higher every year and even though you own it, they continue to charge you. I was not able to reserve units when I wanted to use them and I was told to keep trying, keep upgrading. DO NOT make the same mistake I did when I was young and a newly married girl from Michigan. I have wasted thousands of dollars and paid it off, to discover, my maintenance fees were almost $3000 a year. I was not able to use it and I owned it. DO NOT SIGN UP! THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY and you will be left with NOTHING!

I entered the sweepstakes before Christmas and they have been calling ever since. I finally took time to speak with somebody and 5 minutes in, I can pick up the sales pitch. They congratulated me for winning and blah blah blah let me have your cc info. They became pushy about it when I started asking questions about the company and transferred me to another person who seemed a little aggressive on the phone when I questioned. Anyways, I led him on for a minute then hung up! He called back 4 times!!! SCAM ALERT!!!

With a combined 50 years in the travel industry my wife and I were still... taken. The initial call with Blue Green Vacations offered a stay at a destination we had already planned to go and, at a price that was unbelievable. Unbelievable, so I asked two very pointed questions. Will we be staying at the resort - the answer was yes. How much time will we spend at the sales presentation - the answer was "about 2 hours". At a resort in Charleston for a song and my only obligation a 2 hours sales pitch... I'm good with this, so I paid. When we chose our dates, we called to reserve our stay. We were offered a motel 20 miles away from the resort and the Yelp reviews ranged from unkind to horrible (with a few exceptions).

I called immediately for a refund due to misrepresentation and... the "boiler plate" answers, comebacks and defense mechanisms flowed as expected. The phone call is scripted, "we are sure you were advised..." "We are so sorry but, you are out of your refund period"... and, of course... "However, we can offer you an upgrade". No two ways about it. This is a scam. A well-done scam where the representatives are professional, courteous and attentive but, a scam all the same. Buyer Beware.

My husband put his name in for a drawing at the mall - wouldn't it be nice to win a vacation. I get the call and let them give me the information about where all we can go... then, we get to the money part. I kept waiting for the catch and there it was. We were selected, but we had to pay $276 for 2 vacations and promise to sit through a presentation on the one vacation. Well, with Christmas just passed and other bills coming in, I didn't want to spend the money to commit over the phone AND I have heard of these types of things being scams.

I asked that everything be mailed to me to look over and then I would pay if I could at that time. She couldn't do that, so I was transferred to someone else that kept talking over me and kept sweetening the pot - I could even put my payment on file for them to bill later. I didn't bite, and she asked to speak to my husband who is at work... so she hung up on me. No "sorry this isn't going to work" or "thank you for your time". Very rude and a waste of time.

I received a call from a Bluegreen rep saying I had won a sweepstakes I entered at a local mall. The prize was a land vacation and a cruise. We went through all the details and it sounded great until the girl informed me that there was a "reservation fee" of $138 per person that needed to be paid immediately. I asked if I could call back after discussing with my husband and explained that we have a young daughter so I am not currently working and would need to consult with him first as he would be paying. She said I couldn't call back or I would be disqualified so I agreed to send him a text. I went to do so and accidentally ended the call.

The same girl called back right away and when I answered the phone I didn't say anything immediately because I heard her talking to someone else. She said, "How does this girl have a baby and no money?" speaking about me presumably to one of her scam artist coworkers. When I said "Hello?" her tone switched from ** teenager back to delightful salesperson to inform me we had been disconnected. I hung up without saying anything and will not be calling back.

OK, I'm puzzled to say the least. So my story starts at the Sunrise Mall. Long story, no story, my buddy and I entered a sweepstakes to win a car, didn't win the car. Anyway got a call like 6 months later, some guy telling me I won a vacation and a cruise but it would cost me $276. I was skeptical but was planning a Vegas trip anyway and needed somewhere within my budget to stay. So I bit, the best part is my buddy got to join me cause you can bring 2 guests. So basically they try to get you to buy a timeshare which is cool but we couldn't afford it lol, so we sat through this 2 hour pitch, cracked jokes the whole time then got handed a $200 Visa restaurant gift card thing and 2 Carnival Cruise voucher tickets. Basically I paid less than $140 for my wife and I and my buddy and his wife came and we just split the cost.

Cruise scheduled for March with the wife, can't wait! I don't know why everyone is so sensitive. We had a blast, yeah it's a sales pitch to try and sell you a timeshare, this is America and that's called marketing. I'm about to do this for all my vacations haha, 2 hours of my day for a dirt cheap Vegas trip and a Carnival Cruise, really can't be beat.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Bluegreen is a company that specializes in timeshares and adventure vacations, and it was founded in 1966. The company caters to more than 175,000 owners and is headquartered in Boca Raton, FL. The company features a deeded timeshare program with timeshare locations across the United States and Caribbean.

• Conveniently located: Bluegreen Corp. features timeshare properties across the United States, which makes them easy to access for customers across America.
  • Bluegreen Vacation Points system: The company offers customers a points system, and they can access different resorts by accumulating more points. These points can also be exchanged with RCI properties.
  • Adventures available: Representatives from Bluegreen Corp. can help customers find and book fun adventures and excursions during the time they use their timeshare.
  • Gift card perks: The company gives customers who book a Bluegreen Getaway a 75 dollar Visa Reward Card as an added perk.
  • Getaway deals: Bluegreen Corp. offers customers regular deals, with two to five night getaways at properties across the country that cost only 149 dollars.
  • Best for People who want a luxury vacation property, large families, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with disposable income.

Compare Timeshares