1.54/5

Discover a great timeshare now

519 Bluegreen Corp. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

We purchased a resort stay for 3 nights/4 days for $200 from a representative in Bass Pro Shop in Memphis, TN. After going online and booking a resort in Virginia, we received a confirmation call and they said they were putting us in a hotel. This hotel could be booked cheaper without going through them and we booked a resort not a hotel. After confirming this on our end, we called back and they gave us an “upgrade” to the original resort we booked. Once again confirming the arrangements. Today (2 weeks before our trip) we got an email to confirm the plans and it asked if we made a certain amount. Since we make just under, we said “no”.

They called us and said they could not have us come because we didn’t meet their specifications. This was the first time our income was an issue or brought up at any time during the process. Sadly they would not refund $200 because their “gift” of $50 for signing up was a lie as well. When I called the company I specifically gave the representative my number in case we got disconnected and they never attempted to call back. Never again will we think about signing up for a timeshare through Bluegreen. They apparently have wage biased discrimination at this company. I highly recommend Bass Pro shop staying away from them as well.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

We were conned and suckered into buying points from this company. Stay far away and don't waste your time and please don't waste your money. We have given them over 10k and have gone to Branson, MO twice. Not even the nice resort. It is not worth it and if you really wanted to check them out or buy, look on Facebook and find people trying to recoup some of the money they have lost or are giving their ownership away. They tell you nothing but lies in their sales pitches and hold you there as long as possible if they think they can make a buck off of you. (We were there over 4 hours the first time.) Just please, STAY AWAY!

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

We were very excited about the location offered when we purchased the vacation package. When I call to confirm my reservation a week before traveling, the location was NOT the same as we were offered the time of purchase. It is very disappointed that we were offered $50 gift card and they would deduct this from the amount paid at the kiosk for a refund - which is not our fault since they were the ones who offered something (location) not available. If we would like to stay at THE FOUNTAINS we would have to pay more $. Very upsetting, kids were very excited with this stay and no we are no longer traveling with this company. I do not recommend this timeshare to anyone, they lied to us at the sales kiosk and they won't refund all your money if you use the gift card offered to you. We canceled everything and we rather travel without any timeshare.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

We own Bluegreen Vacation points and most of the places we want to go I need to book 11 months out which is the earliest you can book Bluegreen Vacations. The other day I was looking on Hotels.com to go to New Orleans for Memorial Day Weekend 2019. I found it interesting that a Bluegreen vacation unit was available on Hotels.com. I had looked on the Bluegreen website many times for the New Orleans units and they are never available. I decided to check the Bluegreen website again for the same dates I used on Hotels.com and again no units were available.

When we bought our Bluegreen Vacation points, we were told at least a half a dozen times that owners get first preference. Clearly that is not the case! How can Bluegreen units be available on Hotels.com (8 months from now) but no units be available on the website. This is just one more case of Bluegreen Vacations doing a Bait & Switch. I would not recommend Bluegreen Vacations to anyone!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

READ THE FINE PRINT. In my estimation this is a Timeshare Scam with a different name. We were promised a $150.00 gift card if we visited the property in St. Pete Florida, for four nights at their expense. Turns out we were required to pay taxes and fees of the room, therefore the gift card barely covered the taxes and fees. Be sure and listen to the offer when calling about the offer. After we paid the $199.00 for the stay for four nights I found out we would not be staying at the property they were promoting. Only found this out after the thirty day money back offer had expired. We were lodged three miles away.

The ninety minute presentation some two months later was changed to possibly two hours. Again turns out it lasted three hours. No pressure - don't kid yourself. We had to say NO 4 times after four different offers. Once they saw no sale the friendly sales rep. was not so friendly anymore. As in other reviews I have read, why would I pay $45,000.00 for 20,000 points and then pay an additional, approximately, $1200.00 each year? And that for a slightly upscale hotel room. Last but maybe the most important. Listen for the word PERPETUITY! If you do not know what this word means you better find out before and timeshare purchase. In short you will leave your children and grandchildren and so on a obligation forever if the timeshare chooses. Remember if it looks too good to be true, Then it probably isn't.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

My wife and I were promised $300 restaurant vouchers + 4-7 days cruise + 2-3 nights hotel stay if we pay $300 and sit on a presentation where Bluegreen staff tried to sell us an extremely expensive and suspicious deal where you pay the price of a Mercedes (~$55k) and then pay property tax and "maintenance" fees every year after that for vacation properties that you don't own in exchange for some "points" that then you can exchange for staying in some resorts and hotels? Why can't we just pay the hotels/resorts with our $$ whenever we want (no peak time unavailability, no "maintenance fee" etc.). I can never understand. Thank goodness we did not end up buying these "points". More importantly, my wife and I are deeply disappointed in the service they provided. All these gifts are sort of a scam to lure you into the presentations. Please let me elaborate:

$300 restaurant voucher: this is NOT real dollars, it is dining advantage $ that is basically worthless: you can spend these $ to get some coupons from the restaurants such as %50 off one meal, etc each with a value of $4-10 but cost $1-2 so you will have to get like 150 of these coupons (and print them since the phone app is a disaster) to finally spend that. Most of these coupons are available online or in local ads anyway...

4-7 days cruise: this is the worst, they make you deposit $150 "refundable" first but only after you pay, they disclose the available dates that are not only limited to off-peak times but also they start only on SUNDAYS and some every other week. Who start their vacation on a Sunday? Also, they claimed that this cruise certificate is a "gift" but when you actually register your certificate, it costs at least $200 per person airfare to the departure port and back excluded.

We also had issues after the presentation where we were promised tickets to a waterpark in Vegas but they told us at the last minute that they no longer provide those (without even an apology), instead they offer a buy-one-get-one meal coupon which the restaurant did NOT accept. I can go on and on about how the whole Bluegreen business model is a scam but I know your time is valuable unlike them.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

My husband and I thought we were getting a great deal when we purchased it. Gave us free airline tickets. The problem with that is you call them and they book it on whichever airline is the cheapest with all of the layovers. We haven't even used the tickets and probably never will. Also, when trying to book at a resort is horrible. You can never get a reservation when you want it because they are full. If we had a choice to do this over again we would not purchase. Such a huge mistake we made, hope you don't do the same.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

So far I have had a great experience. I haven't yet gone on my vacation, but that's where the great customer service has already come in. The story - originally I booked my stay in Colonia Williamsburg for the week of 4th of July. I was so excited to be going to the East Coast from Sacramento, CA and cannot even begin to tell you how thrilled I was to hear the reading of the Declaration of Independence on the 4th of July. I'm a bit of an America History geek... unfortunately I was in an accident and could not travel.

My deadline for booking the preview trip was fast approaching - I had until September to book within the year allotted. I figured I would just be out the $298 that I paid. I chalked it up to bad luck - no big deal. When I got my vacation reminder call I explained the situation and here was the great customer service. I was told I could cancel the trip and book something else before the year deadline - ok, that's what I would expect, but when I told them that I wouldn't be able to do that due to having to have used most of my vacation hours at work to recover - they extended my year deadline to one that would work for me and my family. So now I am booked to stay in Peoria, AZ over the Thanksgiving break and am again so excited to see what this company has to offer.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I have been thinking, since around February, that my review would horrible, considering other reviews here and some hiccups along the way, since our first encounter with Bluegreen Vacations. I am pleased to say that it has all worked out. While shopping with my husband, outside Tampa, back in February, we came across a young lady promoting a free cruise and four-day three-night stay at a resort, for $199. This included, that day, a $75 Visa gift card. We were told about the two-hour sales pitch that we both had to attend and promised another $75 GC and a $25 GC ($100) at the time of the meeting. I think we had to book the four-day/three-night within so many days to get the extra $25. The cruise itself was for our choice of either three, four or five days and ANY PORT that Carnival sails from. We didn't do any research, just paid the $199.

The first hiccup was once we booked the "resort" we discovered that it was not at the resort but at Comfort Inn in St. Petersburg. We could however upgrade to the resort and I think if I remember correctly, it would cost about $300. I could be off on that amount. Regardless, it was a nice getaway for, so far, $26. The “resort fee” we had to pay was less than $30 once we got to the Comfort Inn, still a cheap weekend getaway. We went to the sales pitch on the second day. The actual package, if everything they said was true, would have been a great deal, minus the finance charge and the $1800 a year, maintenance fees. We listened to the first pitch then a very nice young man took us on a tour. The “condo” he showed us was nice but not as big or elaborate as the sales pitch eluded to.

Now on to the actual sales tactics. Let me first say, that we had no intention of buying but we do like to hear what they are selling. We are now into our second hour. A second person joins us with the costs. $40,000 to pay over five years. I think the payment was almost $1000 per month. Ridiculous! Next comes the second deal but with the fantastic offer, we would lose something in the deal, but I can’t remember what. It was a little more than half the price but what she failed to mention was it was over ten years to pay, not the original five. She was very unhappy when my husband pointed out that it was the exact same price (to the penny) as the $40,000 deal.

By this time, we were over three hours of our promised two-hour commitment. She wanted to show us another deal and my husband said no, we had done our part but then she “threatened", with a smile, that we would not get our promised cruise. That was when my husband almost lost it, but he calmed down and listened to her very hurried, last spiel. It was very cheap, but only for one year. It was so ridiculous, I can’t remember it exactly. We are finally free, and our cruise certificate is signed off on and in our hands.

Here is the most disappointment I had. I knew the cabin was a 1A, meaning, two twins, one on the wall. When we cruise, we don’t spend a lot of time in the cabin and I knew that we could upgrade. However, when I called the agency that you must book through, Karen, very nice lady, told me that they can’t honor that certificate out of Tampa for the 1A category cabin, but we could do the upgrade and use the certificate for 10% off. I had already done a mock booking and the cost seemed too high from what Carnival’s actual cost would be if I booked myself. I found another and called back and Karen once again, told me that nothing was available. There was one for Jan of 2019 going to the Bahamas, leaving one day after I return from my Bahamas cruise.

We a have been to the Bahamas several times and we really didn’t want to return, especially one day after getting home. Karen did try for the rest of that afternoon to find something for the particular time that I requested but was unsuccessful. After thinking about it over the weekend, I realized that the amount to upgrade was only a little less than $200 because I had not figured in the fees that we already were paying. So, we decided to go ahead and book the original. I called a little while ago and Karen was out for the week but another very nice lady, Phillis, took care of everything.

I can’t speak of the actual vacation plan with Bluegreen but for anyone who is doing this for the free cruise, just give them time. Don’t be belligerent and they will work with you. Right now, our cruise is showing up under my account, fully paid for, so I don’t foresee any problems down the road with that. If so, I will edit my review. In short, the vacation package is too much finance and fees but if you have patience, you can get a couple of cheap vacations for a few hours of your time. Just be sure to ask, are you sure the cruise is from ANY Carnival port. Even the folder that they put our certificate in, has Tampa on it but according to the ladies I worked with, you can only use it with an upgraded cabin.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

They charge a yearly maintenance fee that is more than the rooms would cost. They have more members that they can accommodate. You have to book a room a year ahead. Not worth near what you pay. No way out other than giving it back for no money.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I registered to win an ATV, which I did not win, but wow! I won not 1, but 2 vacations! It all sounded good until they asked for my credit card number to pay the reservation fee. I told them that I am not comfortable giving my card number over the phone, and they insisted and pretty much argued with me for almost 45 minutes. They would not take no for an answer. I had already given them my email address before I knew anything about any fees, and within hours, I was bombarded with emails and phone calls from all these other companies.

I called them to see if they sold my information, to which they obviously said they didn't. I called BS on that, which didn't sit well with their rep, who then hung up on me. Here it is, 3 days later, and the emails just keep coming, just in the past half hour, I have received 18 of them. Stay far far away from these people unless you want constant email and phone calls from companies that they say they didn't sell your information to.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Went through hours of scheduling, even had to call back to get it right TWICE. When they called to confirm at the 20 day out mark. I was not getting the place that I reserved. I then had to go through another 45 minutes just to get a place that wasn't even close to the place I reserved. At this point I had friends already schedule to meet us and was left with almost no choice... I am furious. Stay tuned, let's see if I get screwed some more after I go there to check in.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

My husband and I were very smart and we never signed anything with them. We looked online and found many complaints about this company during their 3 hours presentation. We had already heard many complaints from this type of companies. Our friends, my mother in law, cousins, even nieces and nephews knew about these companies. We are in our twenties and we heard all our lives about these lies. I really do not understand how there are still people who continue falling into their lies. Please, read, do some research and do not continue feeding these kind of companies.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I called the customer service to book my vacation. Everything was going well until she asked whether the visitors have fluent English. I said my wife knows English but not fluent. Then she asked for my credit card info to refund the money. She told me that, "You are not qualified anymore." What is this? We were about to go on a vacation, not a university exam. This is totally shameful. I think this is absolute discrimination.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

My parents bought into this timeshare and we love the locations we go to. The problem is that they always want you to go to meetings and buy more points and they are kinda pushy, even promising to help out with any questions but no one returns calls or emails. They are all just out to get your money and it's really not worth the hassles. And the maintenance fees are crazy!! I will be getting rid of this once my parents pass away.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

They sell this package as a great deal. Giving you 3 nights at a St Pete beach resort with no strings attached. Little do you know, once you get there they put you in a different resort than what they sold you on, plus they insist that you attend a 2 hour presentation in the middle of your stay. On top of that they demand you pay daily resort fees and the customer service team is extremely rude. I recommend anyone that has signed up for this scam to cancel immediately! If you Google Bluegreen you'll see many similar complaints.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

We signed up for a presentation in Williamsburg, Va. We followed all of the rules and were given a 3 night stay at the local Holiday Inn (cost to us $150.00) plus 2 tickets to Colonial Williamsburg. They were also supposed to refund us $150.00 in Mastercard (which they did) whether we bought or not. We arrived on time and were told the presentation would last two hours, it really lasted four. I was upfront with the sales rep and told them I was not there to buy, but that I was pushed (a little) into it by Choice Hotels. No matter how many times I said NO. They came at us again and again with a new person and a new price.

Before we left home I looked at resales for Bluegreen (which are sold as points). 20,000 points were for sale on a resale site at $7-$9000.00. They wanted $54,000.00, (at the presentation) then $32,000.00 (the price kept going down as I continually said NO. Not only that, the maintenance cost was $1532.00 PER YEAR which did not fluctuate and would go up each year (they said maybe). No matter if you bought there or paid a smaller(?) price on resale, you still had maintenance costs each year.

I constantly asked to be put on a live Bluegreen site so I could gauge the availability of units at each resort. They made excuses and pulled out a book instead. I felt that they were being a bit evasive and this was an expensive product and not for me. Ok, we got our $150.00 and tickets to Williamsburg, and we left after 4 hours. I would advise anyone who attends this sales pitch to do their homework. Look at reviews and resale sites. Do not pay these outlandish prices for something you could get for much less on resale. JUST SAY NO!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

So we went to Bass Pro and signed up for the go see the timeshare, my first mistake was not running when we were put up in a place that smelled like cat pee down the street from Riverwalk. My second mistake was actually signing up for the timeshare. I have been billed twice for maintenance fees the first time in March and again just now, mind you I have not even stayed there once. We are actually going next weekend, but I had to rent a place for my children to stay because there was no room for them. When we go next weekend we had to pay $49.00 for an owners' weekend to see how everything works. I paid that a year ago and they just billed us again.

So I can not stay there with my family, because there is nothing available, glad I made these reservations a year ago, because whenever I look online there is nothing available when I can go. So it is pointless to pay all the money to not be able to use this place when it is convenient for me. Plus if you do not use your points you need to pay them to keep them and roll them over, when I have tried to look at other places to stay in their brochure there is never anything available. Do not fall for the slick salespeople like we did. We thought it would be great to have a place we could go and if we traveled we would have other places we could stay. It is cheaper to just pay to stay other places than to do this timeshare. My advice from someone who was stupid enough to fall for it, run and don't do it.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Please let me start this review off by saying the two sales reps (Kasey and Rachel) that tried to help us were nothing but professional and accommodating to the best of their ability and this review has nothing to do with them. Back in September of 2017, my wife and I purchased a vacation getaway from Bass Pro Shops in Foxborough, MA and received a 4 night stay for just $200. The one stipulation was that we needed to sit through a 2 hour timeshare sales presentation at South Mountain Resort in Lincoln, NH. No problem.

The offer was good for one year, so we booked our stay a few weeks back before it expired. When I called to book the vacation, we were then notified that we would be staying at a Days Inn Hotel down the road but our presentation was at the South Mtn. Resort, just 5 mins away. First problem... We were told by the scam artist at Bass Pro Shops that we were staying at the South Mountain Resort, not a cheap motel that we could have matched the rate on with a AAA discount. So I told the representative on the phone that this was NOT what we were offered, we were told we were staying on the resort. And why wouldn’t you want to accommodate a potential client by putting them up on the resort where you are trying to sell timeshares?!? Makes no sense. Anyhow, we are apologized to and told that is the deal. Ok, we decide to make a small vacation out of it.

We show up to the South Mtn. Resort to book our sales presentation time and the receptionist tells us that the presentation is scheduled in the middle of the next day at 12:00. Problem #2. I was told by the representative that booked the accommodations that we could have the early morning presentation so we wouldn’t be obligated to sit down for 2 hours in the middle of the day and it allowed us to plan for something fun to do. After complaining, they pushed us to the following day at 9:00. Ok, we can deal with that, but we’re not getting off on the right foot here.

So we leave the resort and check into the Days Inn Hotel down the road. They offer a Continental Breakfast from 7-10, so the next morning we decide to grab some food before we start our day and get there around 8:30. About 5 minutes after we arrive, the restaurant manager comes out and rudely tells everyone (about 30 people) “You all need to leave right now, we have problems and the Health Inspector just shut us down and you need to LEAVE NOW.” She then proceeds to get into an argument with a French-Canadian couple trying to feed their family. Problem #3.

So we leave and head back to our room where I strike up a conversation with a neighbor who was also in town on the same Bass Pro Shop deal. He then tells me he has bugs in his room and he had sparks fly out of a light socket when he turned a light switch on. Problem #4. So we make a call to Bluegreen Vacations to see if they can accommodate us at a different hotel, perhaps their property seeing that we are interested is purchasing a timeshare. We are told there is nothing available.

About 2 hours later, we run into our neighbors who were staying at the Days Inn and they tell us that they called to complain too, and they were awarded the rest of their stay at South Mountain Resort. Problem #5. So we call Bluegreen Vacations AGAIN, they tell us that they did no such thing and that these people were not telling the truth. Well, that would be true, but the next morning before our timeshare presentation, we run into them at the resort and they showed us where they were upgraded to. Problem #6.

So, we go to the presentation which was very professional and very informative and we explain to our rep the issues we had. He then sincerely apologizes and takes a written statement from us and forwards it to his boss. After the presentation, he offers us a 8 day/7 night voucher and 2 airline ticket vouchers for $1,050 for our troubles. So at this point, my wife and I are a little skeptical in doing business with Bluegreen so we explain that we are interested in buying but we need time to assess our situation and I wanted to do more homework on the company. We were satisfied with the vacation and airline vouchers and we felt we would give them another try. So we go back in and it’s explained to us that we would receive those vouchers only if we bought the timeshare. Problem #7.

At this point, they can’t accommodate us and they don’t even offer to refund us the $200 that we invested in the first place. I rarely take the time out of my busy day to waste my time with negative reviews, but in this case, I felt it was necessary to help anyone in the future who is pondering doing business with this company. I then looked at reviews on the company (should have done this from the beginning, my mistake) and the highest overall review I see is 2.5 out of 5. Consumer Affairs rated them a 1.25 out of 5. This company clearly has its issues and hospitality is not their strong suit so if anyone is on the fence, I highly recommend you do your homework and read the reviews from not only people who decided not to buy, but the comments from people who currently own. I hope this helps. Disgruntled Potential Customer.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Promised or given all sorts of perks or add-ons for signing on. Big waste of time and money. They make it an unpleasant experience to try to book a vacation. Difficult to book, change, or cancel any portion of the trip. And their "points" that you purchase to stay at the resorts are virtually useless. The actual point value is so small that if you pay the annual maintenance fee, you are losing money. It would be much cheaper to just book your own vacations, whether it is hotel, cruise or anything else associated with or thru this so-called business. It would be better to call it a scam rather than a business. It should be illegal. If I could rate it less than 1 star, I would.

Original review: July 29, 2018

99% of what we were told by the sales agents were a lie. They also give you a timeline so they can get you back there and lie again. We were lied to both times and did not find out about the lies until a few months ago. We purchased this because of what we were told below. They sold it like a mortgage and investment. I have joined a Timeshare Advocacy Group to get the word out to EVERYONE and have already shared this with my military network. I am also missing documents from the contracts we signed, a process they rushed us through.

We were told Bluegreen points are an investment, similar to a mortgage. I asked is it a deed to the properties? They said yes. Sales agent Name: Patricia **. Manager said it was deed, but we never received a deed. We were told we can deduct interest from the loan off on our taxes. We were told RCI and Bluegreen are going to merge and that when that happens I would no longer have to pay to use RCI services. Because it was sold as a deed, they emphasized that this made it more like an investment that could be sold if needed. STAY AWAY from Bluegreen and don't believe anything they tell you. This is not an investment, it is not like a mortgage, you can't refinance, and anything else they tell you is a lie. The only thing that is true is you can use the points to reserve a room. Other than that, NOTHING is true.

Original review: July 22, 2018

We are a family with a 14 year old boy and a 13 month old baby. We COULD NOT BE HAPPIER with our decision to become owners!!! We can cook meals in the resort rooms. Most have all the luxuries of home and on site activities for the children. We are able to travel WAY MORE than we were before. I feel like all the 1 and 2 star reviews come from people that did not pay attention to the seminar!!! The perks for signing up for us was 2 plane tickets, 2 full weeks free vacation. And a cruise!!! There are ownership perks, like tours/tour guides, private yacht stays for a fraction of what it would cost without the charter membership. (Mind you... This is a private yacht with your own staff to cater to you personally! CHEAP!)

NO ONE states these things are FREE. It just allows you to do the things you would never normally do without the savings of the membership! Our representative was INCREDIBLY informative and clear about all of this. Hence my feelings about the Bluegreen haters probably snoozing during the seminar. We highly recommend them!!!

Original review: July 13, 2018

I didn't do enough research, this is a worthless timeshare. I trusted it because associated with Bass Pro Shop. That was where we were introduced and where we went to meetings and stayed. Started us with sampler and we got this great cabin twice and it was wonderful. Then they hooked us with points and we can stay a couple of nights in a studio, NOT a NICE CABIN, every year points are every other year BUT we pay almost $700.00 a year in fees. You can find these on internet. People are giving them away. Which verifies my point. It is worthless. They sell you on this is an asset. "RIGHT." Stay away. You will be sorry if you don't. Horrible unless you are wealthy and have money to throw away.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I have been a co-owner of Bluegreen vacation unit for 1 year and can say with 100% certainty that is was the worst mistake I have made in 50 years. I attended a presentation and said NO many times but a friend that I was with wanted to do it and convinced me to go in it with her. I have spent the last 8 months trying to find a place to visit... Because we did not purchased their top package, the number of points we have do not allow us to stay anywhere. We thought we would just allow the points to accumulate from one year to another and take a vacation 2 or 3 years later... The timeshare will be happy to carry over half of the points for a FEE and only for one year. So accumulating is out of the question. Hence, we will never have enough points to visit any of their resorts.

We could go to a Choice hotel... Well, if we wanted to go to a hotel, we could have saved the $14,000.00 and the exuberant cleaning fee of almost 700.00 a year and could have gone to the Ritz Carlton every year. My advice to all... DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR FALSE ADVERTISEMENT OF A GREAT VACATION. Save your money and go on vacation when you want and where you want. I am in the process of getting out of this mess. I hope that no one else has to go through what we are going through.

Original review: July 7, 2018

During a phone call with Choice Hotels I was patched to this company Bluegreen Vacations. They offered the moon and the stars, immediately charged my credit card with $99 dollars and never heard from them again. I have received no calls and no emails with the information they were supposed to forward me. I think they are a fraud.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Me and my girlfriend attended a seminar in order to get a free vacation. We sat through an hour long presentation only to come back to the sales tree who then offered us a deal. We told him no, he went and got someone else who tried to sell the same thing, we told him no, he went and got another guy who then proceeded to sweeten the pot or give us a better deal! We said we didn't want to decide that day and wanted time to think about it. My girlfriend has medical issues which requires her to see a specialist out of town fairly often which includes her needing overnight lodging on occasion. We thought maybe it was something we should genuinely look into to maybe help her save money. So after being there and wanting to leave for 3 hours and being assured of we change our minds by Florida law we have 10 days buyers remorse and could get a refund. We agreed to purchase.

On the second day the rep called and asked if there was anything we needed. Well after speaking it over with my girlfriend and reading review of the company which were not great, we had already decide we would cancel, so we told him that. He asked if there was anything he could do to keep our business. We said no, he then said that he would take care of it and that we wouldn't see a refund for up to 3 weeks. We waited 3 weeks, didn't see the funds returned in her account and called the rep back. He then stated he never got our letter of intent to cancel. Granted during the 4 hours total we were there originally they may have stated that we needed to do a written intent, but we didn't remember it and we weren't reminded when the rep ensured us that he was going to take care of it.

I just feel like that should have been something that was stated during the conversation before he said that or that after I receive the written intent, then I will be happy to take care of that. Anyways he said that we needed to go ahead and fill it out and send it in along with the owner package filled with the timeshare catalog and all the info we got for purchasing. He said don't worry about it we still had time. So we sent everything back, written intent and every piece of paper Bluegreen ever gave us.

We then have played phone or email tag with more than 10 employees varying from many customer service reps, marketing manager, a contract manager, all the way to a director of sales that ultimately 4 months later decided we weren't getting a refund because of the contractual issue of the intent not being turned in on time. I told him his employee didn't remind me when he said it would be taken care of that I needed to and that after I was told that even after that time period was up, that rep told us to send back everything... That we still had time and it would be fine. He kept trying to go back to the contractual issue, which I understand. We messed up.

According to that employee though, several reviews of similar situations with this company and even other employees I've spoken to that exceptions are made in cases like this. He stated several times that he wasn't going to refund it, we were stuck with it, it is what it is. I understand we made a mistake, but it was an honest one. They apparently can and have made exceptions before with things like this but for us refused. I don't understand how or why a company, much less another person would treat someone this way when they have it within their power to help.

So we're stuck with a time share we will be selling as soon as possible, to get away from a company that we will never do business with much less use their product whether we paid for it or not. Based on a principle that may be dying in the world we live in but that isn't the way to treat people. I hope anyone interested that reads this doesn't get roped into the guerrilla sales tactics from this company and have to deal with them like we have. They may treat you better, but I wouldn't count on it.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I just returned from Charleston, SC, travel accommodations courtesy from Bluegreen for a sales presentation. The cost was $249 for Five Days, four nights at Hampton Inn on Sessions Way. The hotel was clean, the staff was great & breakfast was fabulous to be free. They provided eggs, fresh waffles, toast, pastries, sausages, cereal, fresh fruit including watermelon, cantaloupe & grapes. You will be required to pay sales taxes each day ($16-$18 per day) on a credit card. Overall, $318 for four nights wasn't bad considering, the rack rate on Expedia & Orbitz was $171 including all fees. ($684 if I booked separately or $318 for listening to a presentation. I also extended my vacation a day for an additional $144 with my AAA discount.) I also received a $75 gift card, when I first purchased vacation, plus another $100 gift card & "free carnival cruise".

Technically, I paid $143 for my four nights. (The free cruise is either a 3, 4 or 5 day cruise for two adults & we have to pay port charges of up to $200 per person in a basic room. They do offer a variety of cruises & times, going to Mexico, Bahamas or Florida. We scheduled the presentation, the first available day & time to "get it over with". We arrived at 8:30am and was done by Noon. A little longer for my liking but if you give any indication that you are interested, they will keep trying to persuade you. The cost was $39,990 for 20,000 points a year to be used for travel. A room averages 500-4000 a night depending on the location. (Florida 500-2000 points a night, New York City 3000-4000 a night.) You also have access to discounts on hotels throughout the year and last minute deals which actually were great. We looked at a Seven day stay at Sandals in Negril that was on $299 for a week, which I have never seen that resort so inexpensive.

The biggest deal breaker for us was that the annual maintenance fees were approx. $1800 a year. They keep saying you will receive a "deed" and you can give to your kids, kids, kids, but even after we pay $40,000, they will be on the hook for the maintenance fees for life. The $1800 will keep increasing for life as well. They offered a lower point system of 10,000 for $23,990 with maintenance fees about $1000 annually. It still wasn't worth it. They thanked me for my time & did not seem bitter. I will say this is the only Timeshare that I have been to, that didn't offer refreshments. We were so thirsty.

So all in all, you are paying for a concierge service with this Timeshare. This was my 5th timeshare presentation since 2001. I can't help but wonder if I would of purchased the first one offered in Orlando by Westgate Resorts would of been worth it for $10,000, I guess I will never know. I do however, recommend anyone who wants to take themselves or family on an inexpensive trip to do a Bluegreen Timeshare presentation. My 3.5 hours of time was worth the $143 that I paid for a great vacation with my family. We visited Island of Palms beach, Folly Beach, Charleston Fun Park & Whirlin Water Adventure park.

Original review: June 25, 2018

We are very happy owners. We knew what we were getting into when we bought into it, and negotiated the FULL perks that the salespeople CAN offer. I told them without a full flush of their employee offers and amenities... it would be a "NO". So, they gave it to us. When the "reviews" come around (And they do at every destination) I tell them $500 and a guarantee that it won't last more than 45 minutes. They NEVER give in... so I tell them "NO".

There is the difference. We love Bluegreen, because we bought what we wanted, and what we intended it for... and we're happy with it. If you are one of the losers who say "can't afford, don't want, didn't need" then why did you even go to a sales meeting? I have bad news for you... There are NO FREE LUNCHES. PERIOD. If you're a "get it for free" person... I have news for you... NOTHING is for free. But, what we DO PAY FOR... is all high quality and premium facilities. Golf Card International... FREE membership with the Travelers Plus... and I've golfed for FREE three times on it... The first round paid for the Travelers Plus membership... and we're happy. The activities, worth it. Family time, worth it. Travel experience, worth it. If you're a freeloader... forget it, nobody will ever make you happy. Hope you find peace... because we did, and every penny spent is worth it to us.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Bluegreen Myrtle Beach: I was called and sold a vacation getaway package from Choice Hotels. My wife couldn't make due to death in her family which I explained to them and was told she still had to be there for the timeshare pitch or they were going to charge me for the 4 night stay in the room. Next I checked current rates at hotels.com to see what the current rate was I could get, it was $82/night at the crappy hotel they upgraded me to. They charged me $257 for the original sale and $85 to upgrade to a crappy hotel on the beach. then they charged me an additional $257 because my wife couldn't make it!!! What a rip off! $599.00 for a 4 night stay in a $82.00 night hotel.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I had placed a reservation last year for my family and I for a vacation. Family was coming from out of town. They took days off work yada yada yada. Well I get a call today two weeks before my vacation and they tell me they are canceling my reservation and does not have any other place they can put me for that week that I requested. Except for in another State and no beach around. For one How do they expect me to get there? The beach vacation I had reserved is only 3 1/2 hours from me which I could’ve drove. Arizona is a couple hundred miles away. Did they try to compensate me for anything. No!!!

I would not recommend this timeshare for anyone. I think there’s better out there. This isn’t even the first time this year they have ruined a vacation for me. I had another reservation last month and when I called to confirm even with a Confirmation number they told me I did not have a reservation. So that one was messed up. I am a silver member... obviously that doesn’t mean anything to them. I just wonder what would happen if I was just starting out. They just don't seem to care about their owners. And not to have a place to fall back on... it's beyond me... Run Run for your life. Find a timeshare that care if you and your family are happy.

Bluegreen Corp. expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Bluegreen is a company that specializes in timeshares and adventure vacations, and it was founded in 1966. The company caters to more than 175,000 owners and is headquartered in Boca Raton, FL. The company features a deeded timeshare program with timeshare locations across the United States and Caribbean.

• Conveniently located: Bluegreen Corp. features timeshare properties across the United States, which makes them easy to access for customers across America.

• Bluegreen Vacation Points system: The company offers customers a points system, and they can access different resorts by accumulating more points. These points can also be exchanged with RCI properties.

• Adventures available: Representatives from Bluegreen Corp. can help customers find and book fun adventures and excursions during the time they use their timeshare.

• Gift card perks: The company gives customers who book a Bluegreen Getaway a 75 dollar Visa Reward Card as an added perk.

• Getaway deals: Bluegreen Corp. offers customers regular deals, with two to five night getaways at properties across the country that cost only 149 dollars.

• Best for: People who want a luxury vacation property, large families, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with disposable income.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs