1.47/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

557 Bluegreen Corp. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 21, 2019

I paid the $200 for the Bluegreen package that was being sold at Bass Pro Shops. It was a 3-day, 2 night stay at one of their properties and we had to sit in on their vacation package presentation. The location we stayed at in San Antonio was beautiful. Customer service was great at the property, as well as the Bluegreen Vacations people that gave the presentations and answered any questions about the resort. My experience was well worth it, and the BG reps were professional, courteous, and came across as wanting to make sure you enjoyed your stay and what they had to offer. I recommend trying this for the initial price whether you want to listen to a presentation and possibly buy something, or not. It was a very good time.

Original review: March 21, 2019

It all started when my wife booked a hotel with my Choice Privilege points and was asked to stay on the line when done, then was connected with a Bluegreen rep. She agreed to pay $200+ for a 3 night stay on 2/11, 12 and 13th of 2019 in St. Pete FL. and sit through the 2 hr. presentation. We bought our airfare and went a couple months later. They put us up in somewhat of a dive next to one of their nice resorts on St. Pete beach. A couple days before we left they called to inform us that we were responsible for paying the taxes for the stay, about another $150. So at this point I already don't trust them.

Got there, sat through the more than 2 hrs presentation, supposedly no pressure sales pitch that the first numbers shown were well over 50k and tried all the way down to just a couple thousand, I said no, no, no, no, no and no to every offer they threw at us. For our "free" gift We were promised 30 thousand points added to my Choice Privilege account, we were told the points would be added in a short time so we finally got out of there. No points were ever added, call them multiple times and were told it will take 72 hrs. each time. Now we're just sitting on hold for approx. 30 mins. Every time and now the last couple times we're just hung up on after some time on hold. I strongly recommend NOT getting involved with this scam company. I hope this helps at least one person.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: March 19, 2019

My wife paid $150 on her credit card to ensure a vacation opportunity. When I reviewed the company on multiple websites, the VAST majority sent warnings to steer clear of this company. I took hrs to view every complaint and determined the complaints are more validated than the opinions. I spoke with a representative of the company to ask for a refund, but got the circular excuses of no one to handle and then put on hold till end of life. Thank goodness I have not paid for airfare to go to a place to be stranded and strongarmed by a keystone caper.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I'm writing in regards to your horrible customer service and vacation packages. In October after I was referred by my parents, I received a phone call about a "wonderful" opportunity. I was told about how I could receive a 4 day 3 night stay, 3- $100 dollar Visa gifts cards that could be used anywhere for anything, another 3 day 2 night stay, and a 7 day cruise. Me and my significant other could book online to many destinations and we would have to attend a two hour meeting regarding your properties. Sounded great, would love to hear about buying a part of your properties to vacation to with my kids. We picked Gatlinburg. The day before our trip was when we finally got a phone call about our accommodations. That's when we were informed it was at a hotel that wasn't one of your properties. Ok we were under the impression that we would get to see your properties and stay there.

Ok get to our hotel on Monday after checking in. Part of the hotel is under construction. Not what I was planning on, dropped stuff off in the room and headed out to see some sites. Didn't get back until after 9 pm. I went to go take a bath and there is hair everywhere in the bathtub. There's a film on the bottom of the tub. This is nasty and not very professional. At this point we are tired, the kids are tired. I clean up the bathtub (took pictures before) took a quick bath and went to bed. The next day told them about it and was basically told that they didn't know how hair ended up in the bathtub. They had just opened up the room. Guess she can send someone to clean it again. Thanks, went to breakfast and got back to the room where there is one of the housekeepers cleaning. So we hang back and wait to go in the room.

She comes to get me to inspect things and there is still hair in the bathtub. She stated "oh I didn't see that" and picked up the hair and threw it away. I had to clean the bathroom again after she left because that's just nasty. Get ready to go to the presentation. Everyone there was nice. Katarina took us to look at the mock ups of what our rooms could look like if we purchased from you. Ok thought we would actually get to see what your resort looks like. At this point it seemed like a scam to have us buy "property", but then end up in some shady not so nice places, especially since we couldn't go on to actually resort property or stay there to be able to experience what you want me to buy from you. So said no thank you at the moment. Went to go pick up our "gifts" and we get 3 - $100 dining dough codes along with the cruise and extra hotel stay, which we have to put deposits on in the next 60 days (kinda restrictive).

I'm pissed because I've been lied to about the Visa gift cards. Call your hotline number but the women that sold us the package "isn't in" and can't explain why she lied. Was told you don't offer that, even though both of us heard her say it as I had her on the phone with me the entire time. Then come to find out you cant use the dining dough cards anywhere. Only a few places and can't use it to pay for your meal. Only can use $5 or $10 once you spend $20. So how am I supposed to have "dinner on us" as the representative said if I have to pay for the majority of it. So basically we got scammed out of money, to sell us property that probably is bogus, for bogus "gifts".

Will be reporting you to the BBB and letting all of our friends know and posting about our experiences on any site that asks for recommendations for Bluegreen or the Clarion Inn. Then we were told by my mom (who referred us) that they got to stay at the Cascades Resort. So are you discriminating on the fact that I'm younger and have kids and put me in a horrible hotel since they probably don't have the money anyway, whereas this older couple with no kids will have more money so let's put them at a nicer place and give them gift cards they can actually use. Well just so you know, they didn't have the money to purchase one of your point plans but I did. But with that crappy experience never will spend another dime with your company.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I agreed to signing up for the 4 day 3 night vacation stay for $199, with free cruise, $100 rebate, and some other fine print things. I figured I could deal with a timeshare presentation if I got some perks. After agreeing to it and giving them my credit card number I waited for the email confirmation but did not receive it so I decided to google reviews on this site. They are obviously HORRIBLE reviews! So I called to cancel, expecting a runaround. What I got was an excellent experience. The attendant explained that most people don't understand the details and therefore get mad when it is not what they think they signed up for. She is correct in that people don't read the fine print, but the original sales people do not explain those details clearly.

The problem is that one assumes they are staying at the actual resort for that price, but it is at a regular hotel. It appears that you can pick what hotel if they have availability, so it is not a bad deal to stay for 3 nights for about $150. That's $199 - $100 rebate + taxes. It was never explained to me that if I wanted to stay at the resort there would be an additional fee, which I might have done. The cruise is reasonable perk, but you still pay about $170 per person in taxes and port fees, which you always pay for in addition to the cruise deals you see online, and the daily tip of usually $20 per day per cabin that you also always have to pay for. So the cruise is still a reasonable deal in that it will cost about $440 of the cruise. I have cruised a lot so for me my time is more valuable than saving a few hundred dollars on an inside cabin carnival cruise.

The other thing that most people don't read is that you have to register the certificate with a couple of months even though you have a year to use it, otherwise it is void. And you have to mail in for the rebate, and if they give you a MasterCard to sweeten the deal with 50 -100 on it you have a limited time to use it. The whole timeshare thing is not a good thing, but that is a different issue.

In summary, make sure you are clear on the details, read the fine print, make sure the value you are getting is worth your time, and don't buy a timeshare! But I will say I had no problem cancelling, the customer service person was wonderful and did not try to talk me out of cancelling, and after giving me some of the details the salespeople left out and answering my questions cancelled it on the phone. I also found out that the reason I did not get an email initially is that they had a wrong letter in it. She corrected it and sent me my cancellation verification.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

Original review: March 11, 2019

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Their sales people continue to lie. When you call to complain they turn into very good card shufflers. No one knows what the other hand is doing. I will never purchase any additional points from this company. My last terrible experience and there have been many in regards to management and sales associates was at the Mountain Loft in Gatlinburg, TN 8/2018. Don't go to one of their spills. Lies...Lies...Lies... Was promised $1500 to spend on anything, only to find out, that is a LIE. YOU COULD only used 10% or less of the total price of the excursion. EXAMPLE TOTAL COST $852.00 YOU COULD USE $90.00 FROM THE $1500. AND YOU NEEDED TO PAY THE REST $762.00. The excursion were also limited with what you could choose. Not all states are even in this listing of available excursions. DON'T PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: March 11, 2019

I purchase a Bluegreen Vacations holiday appropriately 2 years ago. I have had 3 procedures on my right knee including knee replacement. Called to cancel my planned vacation as having another surgery just before the expiry period. Was told the cancellation period was within 30 days of purchase. Nothing they could do. I told the representative that I could provide medical documentation but no refund would be availed. Was told for $25 I could extend my vacation another 3 months. Suggested that I would rather write a bad review than spend another $25. At that point a free extension was offered. This is an inexpensive holiday option that requires listening to a sales presentation. Don't do it!

Original review: March 9, 2019

Took vacation, nice lodge went to freezing presentation (heating bill not paid), got monthly payment within my budget. Interacted with 4 people who chose not to fully disclose there were hidden yearly expenses totalling 3000.00. Made call to accountant who informed me of hidden expenses which prompted me to read paperwork. Found hidden expenses and paper indicating how to cancel agreement within 5 days buried in paperwork. Short story contract canceled via notarized, certified, overnight delivery mail within 5 day time frame. Do not buy timeshare without reading paperwork. I also came home sick because of frigid conditions in the office. Oh and by the way these people are associated with Bass Pro Shop.

Original review: March 9, 2019

We received a call we had ‘won’ a vacation package. First mistake I made was to let go of the fact they wanted a deposit for this ‘prize vacation’. I was offered 3-night stay in a few cities, we chose Las Vegas. I was explained I needed to attend a 90-minute ‘presentation’ and after that we were free to enjoy our stay. Second red flag was that upon arrival we were told there was no availability in their property and given a voucher to stay in a very bad (oldest still standing) on Vegas Blvd. After I complained and escalated they ‘magically’ found a room on premises. Room was nice, though it had roaches. Following morning we attended the presentation and politely said we were not interested in the $45,000 dollar vacation package (then flurry of ‘supervisors’ trying to sell, really hard) ending up being 3 1/2 hours total.

As an incentive we were told the $300 we put as deposit would be given back as ‘gift card’ but at the end we were given something entirely different, a ‘Dining Advantage’ card ‘equivalents’ (not true) to the $300. It's an app for discounts, using your money. It's a very limited amount of off-brand establishments giving buy one get one deals (same you find in mail or Sunday paper, worthless). Also an additional 2 night stay in one of their properties in another city. We took this offer and were offered 2 nights in a fleabag motel (Red Roof Inn Addison TX) or if we paid more we could have had a better option. Very bad experience. Finally we were also gifted a short cruise but given all the experiences have been bad I am not sure I want to risk it. If there is one thing you remember from this review, please avoid Bluegreen Vacations like the plague!

Original review: March 8, 2019

This company is horrible!!! They catch your eye by telling you that you will get this beautiful on land stay and then a free cruise aside from taxes. They give you this all for a low price as long as you attend the lecture to try to sell you a timeshare. They lie to you the entire time! We were promised we would be staying at a 5 star resort, but when we arrived they had us placed at a crappy hotel that was under construction and smelled like mold!!! We were told that my mother in law could transfer the cruise voucher over to my fiance and myself, and we would be able to book the cruise.

Once she did this, we went to book the cruise and had to pay only a $100 less than full price when it was supposed to ONLY be for taxes. We were told by the cruise company that BlueGreen lies to their customers about the cruise to try and get customers to buy their timeshares! This is the absolute worst experience I've ever had with a company, and BlueGreen told us there is nothing they can do to fix the issues we've had. We will NEVER use this company again, and I highly recommend no one else use them!!!

Original review: March 4, 2019

My wife and I won a vacation from a car entry inside a mall. We drove 1.5 hrs to sit through their presentation. Got our package and left. They also gave us a 3 night stay in their hotels as well. This past weekend we had an event in Dallas to attend. Cool, we will just use the hotel stay. Wrong!! Here is where it gets shady. You have to go a 3rd party website to claim it. No big deal. But what is a big deal is you have to pay $100 deposit before the date calender is VIEWABLE!! There were no openings until April. So we was unable to use it this past weekend. Ok fine, let's just do a stay-ca. Galveston sounds good. Too good to be true.

YOU CAN'T PICK 3 CONSECUTIVE DAYS!! You get 1 day, per month, for 3 consectutive months. Example..1 day in March, 1 day in April, 1 day in May. You also have to pay $18-$25 per night. No biggie but your stay will be at a choice hotel affiliated hotel...not one of the resorts! Your deposit is non-refundable once you select your dates. Luckily, they offer the hotel stays here in town so we are going to use up the days...3 months in a row. I wouldn't doubt it that the free vacation booking will follow the same suit!

Original review: March 4, 2019

Bluegreen is the BIGGEST MISTAKE I’ve ever made! Do you feel good with SCAMMING ME OUT of the small amount I was able to save during my 20+ years in the military? I was/am still willing to DIE for my country, while you do your best to TAKE what little I have. I'm a disabled, combat vet for you & the rest of America, PROUDLY! But now I can't get anyone to respond to me! I was talked into buying something I CAN'T afford. I was made promises of MUCH help, and NOW I’m ONLY a few months away from HAVING to file BANKRUPTCY! I WILL TELL EVERY & ANYBODY I CAN that Bluegreen Vacations IS the MOST DECEPTIVE company that I’ve unfortunately had the DISPLEASURE of dealing with???

At this point, I’m so very sorry I ever had the DISPLEASURE! I just want to TRY to get rid of the DEBT! MAYBE recoup some of my hard earned money, & NEVER have to deal with the company! However, I can't even get anyone to respond to me, in any way! I’ll be going to Joint Base Charleston to have Bluegreen put on the "Black list". I don't want ANY military member to go thru what I’m going thru. DON'T BELIEVE A WORD! Was told I would be helped thru everything, NEVER happened! Was told if I ever wanted to sell, they would help me, DOESN'T HAPPEN! Highly Disappointed.

Original review: March 1, 2019

My husband and I booked 3 days and 2 nights at a Bluegreen resort, agreeing to sit through a 2 hour sales presentation, and in exchange we were supposed to get a free cruise and free night at a choice hotel. Booking at the Bluegreen resort was not free. We paid over $200 even though we had to sit through a sales presentation. We we arrived at the Bluegreen resort, we were sent to a Holiday Inn, which was 30 minutes away. We absolutely were told that we were staying at the Bluegreen resort, so we were lied to. $100 a night at a Holiday Inn is not even a good deal. We could have paid less by booking the room ourselves. Then, when we arrived at the Holiday Inn, we have to pay an additional $50 in taxes.

The next day, we went to the presentation, but would buy anything, no matter how cheap they made it, we we don't do business with people who lie to us. We were given a voucher to get reimbursed for one night at a Choice Hotel, and also a voucher for a free cruise. We spent the night a Choice Hotel a few weeks later, and mailed in the voucher. That was 5 months ago and we have not been reimbursed even a penny. I checked into the "free cruise" voucher. It is not free and is of no value. I can book the same cruise through Carnival Cruises for less than I can book it using the voucher. Don't waste your time even talking to Bluegreen. It's a scam.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I entered a giveaway for a car and was told I won a vacation. To make this simple I bought what I paid for was $398 up front and what I got was a 4 day 3 night stay at the fountains resort that I had to pay a extra $100 a night if I wanted to stay at the resort so I paid the extra $300 to stay at the resort instead of at a Marriot Hotel like I was told. So that was my choice to pay the extra $300 and I got a 3Bd Villa with full kitchen 2 bath and washer and dryer. It is very nice and clean. I also got for the original $398 a 3 day 2 night stay at a Bluegreen location of my choice and a 8 day 7 night cruise on any ship any port and any time of year even busy season.

Now the cruise is not free you have port fees and taxes and international taxes and fees. We will have to pay close to a $1000 with the wrist bands to drink alcohol and the taxes. So all in all I paid roughly $1700 with the upgrade to the resort but I got a 4 day 3 night stay at a resort, a 3 day 2 night stay havent used yet and the 7 night cruise for $1700. I cant complain and cant say I got ripped off. The cruise alone would be $1700 all day. Dont let the online prices fool you. You have a bunch of hidden fees and taxes that dont get applied till checkout. The cruise is free but the wrist bands to drink and taxes are not. People have to be realistic nothing is ever free. I did not buy into the timeshare at the preview and they make it sound so good. All in all not bad plus I got $300 of dining dough gift cards to food to top it all off after the preview.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I purchased a 3 day 2 night vacation package from Bluegreen Vacation at Bass Pro Shop with the understanding I would be able to stay in any of the Bluegreen Vacations resorts. I booked for Charleston SC a few weeks ago and when I reviewed my itinerary they have me staying in a hotel outside of downtown Charleston and not their resort in downtown Charleston. The sales ladies never said that I would be staying in a hotel. This company is very misleading. I was told by one of their customer service representatives that it was unrealistic to think I could stay in a resort for that price. All I know is what I was told at Bass Pro Shop and for her to make me feel like I am unrealistic is not good customer service. I would not purchase anything from them. I am willing to lose the money I paid than deal with their dishonesty.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

They try and make you feel special by calling you a VIP customer but don’t fall for it. I was sold a two day vacation package. The only time I am able to use it before the package expires (due to personal reasons) was for a destination wedding in Vegas. I paid lots of money to be in this wedding and will need an entire day to get ready, be in the wedding and celebrate after. I can’t extend the vacation as I have to return to work so we’re leaving early morning next day. My flight gets into Vegas at 10:15am and I can’t even check into my hotel until 4:00PM and I’m being told the ONLY time I can do the preview to try and sell me timeshares is smack dab in the middle of the wedding or at the crack of dawn before or I can reschedule my flight back home, which is more money out of my pocket just to sit through a preview of them trying to sell me more **.

They’re trying to sell me stuff and forcing me to ruin the only day I have to do anything on a two day package that they already sold me? That really makes me want to buy more stuff from their company. Horrible business practice. They’re courteous enough to offer to cancel your reservations and you can use the package another time. NOPE. I want to use the package on the day that I need it and I want the price that was sold to me. I don’t want to cancel my reservation and have to find a new hotel outside of my package price when I thought everything was all set for this trip. This is a huge inconvenience and honestly makes me never want to do business with their company ever again. Try to leave a negative review on any of their social media and they just delete it and block you.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Be careful when considering purchasing a vacation package from Bluegreen Vacations, the official vacation provider for Bass Pro Shop. They do not explain all the information about where you will be booked for the vacation stay. I bought a 3 day 2 night for the historic district of Charleston I thought. When I tried to book the vacation, I was told that the hotel accommodations would be in Mount Pleasant, SC. Nice place, but not what I believed I purchased. The historic district accommodations would have cost me an additional $110 per night if I wanted to upgrade. Very displeased.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Bluegreen always have system issues and they charge us the customer for their system issues and don't acknowledge the real problems they are having with their system. They will overcharge you for their mistakes. Customer Service Rep are never helpful. Please don't get the headaches I been having with this company, buy timeshare from someone else.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Don't waste your time!! This place started off with high hopes.We first stayed in a two bedroom on the "new" side. Everything was great. Became a sample owner to try it out before buying into it completely. I'll first start off with saying the terms for being a sampler stinks. But we decided to give it a try. Well. A year later, I start planning to book my trips. You're only allowed to book in the winter months typically as a sampler, which stunk having such a young child. But I knew that. I called to re-educate myself with how to plan my trip and what I needed to know. The first rep was vary vague. Didn't explain the process to me whatsoever.

Going forward. I'm 9 days away from my first trip and a rep calls to remind me of it, explaining my time of the review meeting. Which was completely forgotten about. I tried to reschedule the trip as the first one was only going to be myself and my child. But because it was a day after ten. If I did, I'd lose all my points for the trip. THANKFULLY a rep at the resort helped me out.

So review time comes, we spent almost 5 hrs with this review. As my 13 month old child is now screaming crying at this point because he's tired/hungry. I was told if I left the meeting after basically doing the complete review, we'd have to pay for the while weekend and I'd still lose my points. No sympathy at all! I left anyways but was told to come back. Which I never did because my child was then my first priority and needed care.

My SECOND trip was not as pleasant as we were booked in the same room and had left over food we forgot about in the fridge from the weekend before. No big deal. But the noise above us went on until about 1 am. Even after I had to call the front desk (and I hate being that person) but the kids above would not stop running and moving furniture that kept waking my very cranky, teething 13 MO.

Upon check out, I was apologized to and was told I'd be upgraded next stay. Two weeks later we come back, this time on the 3rd floor. The room smelled awful. As someone else left their leftover seafood in the fridge. We were booked right above the lobby. Heard a lot of check ins and outs that weekend. As well as a plow starting at 4am and going through every 30 mins. The room had a broken window frame that allowed a cool breeze to come through.

At this point my frustrations were up there. We decided to give the meeting another chance since my son was feeling better and we could focus better. The sales rep Jeff was absolutely awesome. I almost bought just because of how kind he was. I severely disliked how he was treated by another sales rep however. It was incredibly unprofessional. I decided against buying because it's too expensive. It's not guaranteed to get the time you want. I felt belittled everytime because I was a sampler, I have a 6 month limit to when I submit my vaca at my company where you'd have to book a year or more in advance to get the time of the year you want. And other reasons, too many to name. We then took our child to the arcade room where kid found a gumball on the ground and tried to eat it. We decided then maybe we'd try the pool, which was just too crowded.

My LAST stay and this is what really drove the nail in the coffin. We booked a two bedroom. I was told I would have a full kitchen. So like my first stay with a full kitchen. I expected an oven. Like I was told. Just to show up, with a conventional microwave. All the food we brought to make in an oven was no longer useful. Which isn't ideal eating out with a 13 month old. Because of it being so busy around this time up there. The waits are long to be seated or to have food served. The second bedroom in our unit was considered a day room and not even actual bedroom.

But by far THE MOST DISTURBING was that, earlier in the day my child was playing around near the fake fireplace with one of his toys. He started to cry and had a small cut on his finger. His father figured it was from his toy. Later that night I called because I couldn't find the switch to turn the fireplace on. When told how while being on the phone, I noticed 3 screws sticking out of the fake logs. They did immediately send someone up to have them removed. I was irate. Thinking the possibilities that could of happened. I was informed the room goes through 3 inspections!!! Also, I was placed in the "older" version of the building.

While I made the complaint, again I was asked if I was a sampler. Would it have really mattered? I was not offered any accommodations or anything for that matter for what had happened. Needless to say, I looked forward to being done visiting that resort more than I looked forward to staying there. I've traveled and stayed at a lot of places and this by far was the worst place I've ever stayed. It's a Rip off and Bluegreen does not care about their customers, just their money.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Warning! They tell you sign up $185 for a free cruise and up to one year to take it. I signed up and took the Bluegreen vacations tour in July and did not get my certificate for the free cruise until January that runs out in July. And it is not at all free. LLC takes from $123-199 in service charge. You must stay in a lower room with upper and lower bunk only and you still have to pay port taxes and fees. The pressure sales is amazing and you spend hours with contracts then have to go back. I tried the 900 points trial that ends in July though they made me come back in September to learn how to use the points. I took it so I could go to New Orleans but that was just another lie. They only have one villa in New Orleans and it was not even available when they told me it was when I signed up.

When I went back in Sept to review my 900 points and to learn how to use points they were so pushy no matter how many times I said not interested. They still tried to get me to join. NOT INTERESTED is not part of their vocabulary. Please do not be forced into this. They are so persistent and try to wear you down. My inner voice said leave, run but so many free offers that were not at all free and timelines that do not add up. It was a waste of my $1000 and if you are not careful it will be thousands of your money for lies and deceit.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

We encourage everyone to stay clear of Bluegreen vacations. High pressure, liars and thieves. Try using your points and booking a room 2-3 months in advance --good luck. After the sale customer service does not exist. Worst company I've ever had the pleasure of doing business with.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

We went to the Wisconsin Dells and had a great time, so when we saw a table for Bluegreen Vacations offering a great package deal we thought it would be a good buy. We were definitely wrong. If it's too good to be true it usually is. Over many many phone calls, they were never able to find a date that was "available." They would extend our timeline, but the next year not surprisingly there were no available dates for the entire summer. Scammers.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Terrible customer service, false advertising. Make you think you have 30 days to cancel but when you try to call in to cancel they say you have to mail in a letter. Mail in the letter you get a call from ** at customer service who says it's not 30 days it's actually only 7 business days and it can vary. So now we are stuck with this ** timeshare they don't want nothing to do with. All they say is put it up for sale but why would I do that so they can make money off bad business. I rather leave it in my name and not pay.

I never would have signed the deal if I knew it wasn't 30 days but I have 2 small kids who were very tired and frustrated from being there and they used it to their advantage shoving papers in front of us to sign. Terrible business practices is all Bluegreen offers with terrible timeshare deals that aren't good when you actually have time to go sit down on your own and look ** up and they know it. Why they want you to sign right there. Now I will be posting this everywhere to try and save someone else this drama.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I purchased a Bluegreen Vacation over 1 year ago and could not use it due to some family sickness. I received a call last fall telling me they could extend the offer for 6 months. Last month I received a call from them offering an additional year if I would agree to give them another $198, refundable with a gift card when I went through the sales pitch. I told them I was not interested. Last week another call. I told them I was not interested again in their offer. Late last week they called my wife and tried to get her to buy a vacation. Today I get another call from them trying to get me to agree again to the $198. I told them I would not give them any more money and I was fine with losing my initial money. Next the supervisor comes on the phone and tries to slick talk me. Every time I stay at a Hilton Hotel I get calls from this group and I'm pretty much over Hilton for this. I am going to complain to Hilton for giving time my information.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We have been owners for about 5 years and sure are there some things to complain about? Absolutely but it’s just like anything else! We make it work for us and in doing so me and my family have been able to go on great trips! I live in Texas and love the fact that they opened one in San Antonio! I own points with them and so do my 2 brothers along with their families. My oldest brother is platinum and loves it! Definitely not in the near future but ONE day we will jump up to platinum also! Anyway, I was just reading reviews and couldn’t believe there was so many negative but most have to do with the gift they give you for coming out and listening. I didn’t even attempt to use mine. Because I became an owner! Try it out! Y’all might like it! Thanks! Rant over! :)

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Seriously I am astonished Bass Pro Shops would endorse such a fraudulent money hungry company and allow them to prey on their customers. I was sold a 3/2 vacation to Vegas for 130 tons of incentives, free 45.00 gift card to Bass Pro, 50 Mastercard given during the trip following the sales pitch. Thinking I got a great deal I was excited because we had planned on planning a vacation to Vegas anyway. I explained to the salesperson I only stay in places where I can bring my dog. He assured me and reassured me when I call to book the hotel they will be able to find me a partner hotel that is pet friendly. This is the ONLY REASON I agreed to buy the package.

Fast forward to me trying to book the trip and the first thing I ask about is to be assigned to a hotel partner that allows dogs. Surprise, surprise, there are NONE!! I am LIVID. I have missed out on other opportunities to get great package deals because we already had this one. They did allow me to cancel and refunded my money however the customer service person did have attitude with me and told me the contract I signed clearly said no pets and I explained to him I brought that up to the sales guy and he assured me they would make it work. ANYTHING TO GET A SALE!!!

They have had my money for 2 months and ruined my plans. Now I have to get hotel at the last minute. ON top of everything, they deactivated the 45.00 gift card incentive as well. It would have been the LEAST they could do to compensate for my waste of time and for LYING to me. If this is how they manage the "pitch" portion of their business I would hate to know how they run business with their rentals!? Bass Pro shop, please kick these crooks out of your store ASAP!!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I am a Bluegreen owner. Have been for over 15 years. Well let me tell you they lie through their nose when we first bought. It was not so bad but got worse every year. They sell you this and then they rent out the properties so it is almost impossible to get what you want. And the maintenance fees keep going up till they are so high you can't hardly pay them. And it is where you are stuck paying the rest of your life and then your children will pay for the rest of their life. And if you don't they will garnish your check or whatever they can do and ruin your credit. All it is is a big scam. We are out a lot of money and now are paying lawyers to get out of this mess. Don't get sucked in.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Bass Pro Shops should be ashamed to be associated with such a fraudulent company. Paid $200 for the sales pitch with the so called free vacation in Gatlinburg. I got back a Bass Pro gift card of $100 plus an extra $50 gift card for Bass Pro just to urge me to get the "so called" great deal. The guy at Bass Pro shops in Macon, Ga. With Blue Green Vacations promised free Gatlinburg, Carnival cruise vacations, and additional $25 Bass Pro shops gift card.

Nothing is free. The $25 gift card was my money to begin with. Gatlinburg had to be upgraded, and after paying over $330 we were still put in an awful place. Went to the so called 45 minute presentation that lasted 3 hours with high pressure sales they also promised not to do. And the cruise that's supposed to be free costs the same as booking directly from Carnival. All lies. TOTAL SCAM!!! BEWARE!!! Johnny Morris. I've been a devoted customer for years. If this is who you like doing business with. No more business with you.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

They "pull you in" with the promise of three nights and four days free in any of "their" hotels. If you go to their "required" seminar the 2nd day you get $150.00 back from your original $200.00 membership fee with them. When you try to make a reservation they try to upgrade you to a Hotel Suite at a much higher price. They are a telephone boiler room full of con artists who only want your credit card number. Buyer Beware! Be smart and Stay away from Blue Green Vacations.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I did not even go to the first "vacation" for the seminar, I read reviews and backed out. What I can say is they were helpful in cancelling my membership with no qualms. I asked, they did. I have had a bad experience with another timeshare company so was reluctant, but was impressed they did not give me the run-around in trying to cancel.

Bluegreen Corp. expert review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Bluegreen is a company that specializes in timeshares and adventure vacations, and it was founded in 1966. The company caters to more than 175,000 owners and is headquartered in Boca Raton, FL. The company features a deeded timeshare program with timeshare locations across the United States and Caribbean.

• Conveniently located: Bluegreen Corp. features timeshare properties across the United States, which makes them easy to access for customers across America.

• Bluegreen Vacation Points system: The company offers customers a points system, and they can access different resorts by accumulating more points. These points can also be exchanged with RCI properties.

• Adventures available: Representatives from Bluegreen Corp. can help customers find and book fun adventures and excursions during the time they use their timeshare.

• Gift card perks: The company gives customers who book a Bluegreen Getaway a 75 dollar Visa Reward Card as an added perk.

• Getaway deals: Bluegreen Corp. offers customers regular deals, with two to five night getaways at properties across the country that cost only 149 dollars.

• Best for: People who want a luxury vacation property, large families, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with disposable income.

Profile picture of Lisa Ann Schreier
    Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Bluegreen Corp. Company Information