Bluegreen Corp.

Compare Timeshares

Research top Timeshares recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

After speaking with Choice Hotels, I was put to Bluegreen. The timeshare company offered me a 4 day 3 night package for $199. Upon completion of the timeshare sales promotion we would receive a $150 MasterCard thereby making the trip $49 plus taxes. I purchased the package but then decided against it. I called two days later to cancel. The staff was very pleasant, understanding and gave me a full refund of my $199. I am pleased with their service.

I received a "Vacation getaway package Acceptance Form" from Linda ** to stay at the Trade Winds Resort for 4 days 3 nights for $149.00, included $100 RV, Champagne & strawberries and breakfast for 2. Linda was not available at the Rum Fish to help me with paperwork so a woman named Lisa said she could help. She helped bury me. She took the paper I showed her and tore it up in front of me... Ugghh. Then stating it was because she could give me a better deal if I could attend a 2 hr. showing the following Monday 3/7/2016. I explained that I had just had 5 brain surgeries and neck surgery and had no money for I lived on Disability. She then promised 3 days at TW + 7 days at Biltmore Condo beachside to take her deal. I paid the $149.00, attended the showing, and my life ended that day. I explained over & over that I needed help. I did not have any money.

Still 4 to 5 people at a time would badger me for a credit card and bank info (just in case I changed my mind). 3 days in they had taken almost $2,000 from my cards. I wrote a letter called several people up to management level (I have all names & #'s) and they refused to take me off their list and return my money. So now they have destroyed my credit and my good name. It has been a nightmare. Please do not allow these people to take one dime from you. They are not what & who they say they are. Now they are refusing to honor the Packet that I paid up front. What a scam! Even their own people have tried to help me because they agree what they did to me was horrible. I even called all the way up to Shelby ** @ 727-360-1120 ext # **. Of course she won't even return my calls. So now all I can do is lay down and die! Thanks BG. You took what 5 surgeons saved me from & destroyed me in 1 afternoon.

I get a call from a customer rep for Bluegreen Properties telling me my name was drawn from a box at a local mall and I had won a Disney Trip. So they email me the information and I'm still a little confused, so I email her back with questions to which I never received a response. Three weeks later I get another call and as she starts explaining everything I "won" she informs me I have 3 trips and all it will cost me is $149. Then she switches me over to her supervisor whom with great enthusiasm begins to describe all I will receive. Then drops the bombshell that all this will only cost me $249 "and not a penny more" and I have to give them 2 hours of my time to tour a timeshare. Ummm WHAT?

When I informed her it was just too close to Christmas for me to do this, she continued to say..."But, it's a great gift." I again told her "I'm sorry and couldn't take advantage of this right now." Her whole tone completely changed and she rudely told me..."Well that's just great. Have a good night" and hung up on me. WOW! Great customer service "Supervisor". After seeing all the horrible reviews of this company I am glad I didn't take the bait. PLEASE DON'T TAKE THE BAIT!

I was sold a 3day/2night vacation by them for $149, which a $50 Visa gift card was given to me right away in order to win me over for the $149 purchase. First off my travel dates were confirmed for the wrong dates. I had to end up taking off work a day earlier, which I wasn't scheduled, nor prepared for in order to make check-in time for this trip. This was the first red flag.

Long story short, I finally take the trip to Myrtle Beach for my 3/2 night stay, in which I have to attend a presentation by them on Saturday morning. So arrive Thursday (wrong day). I stop at BG to pick up my information for where I will be staying, which ended up being Ocean Creek Resort. Why they call it a resort I have no idea!!! So I assume I'm staying in the towers which seem to look decent. But then I find out I will be a "condo" on the property. Second red flag. So when I finally find the "condo" and open the door I was so disappointed!! It smelled like an old house that had been locked up for 20 years! Then, the whole inside looked like the set of 'Three's Company!!!' Nothing looked up to date!! Third red flag.

Used the bathroom, went to flush and it stopped up on me!! Although there were two toilets, the other one was skeptical as well. Called the office and he moved me to another room, but I had to go get the new key. So I gather my stuff and back to the car. Drive. Got new key. Come to new room. Key doesn't work, but the lights were on in the room??? Drive back to the office. He gives me another key. Drive back up. Go to new room. Now this one is 'Three's Company' 2.0. Went from mid 70's to early 80's. Still disappointed. By this time it's about 9 p.m. so I tell my Daughter we will just stay the night.

So I called BG in the morning and asked them did they have any other places they could move me to. They said being that I was moved to another room, I should be good. And that there were no availabilities. Like I told them bad plumbing is something throughout the whole building, not just in the one room. Sure enough the next room toilets weren't any better. Another red flag.

Being that we drove 3.5 hours to the Beach it made no sense to turn around. So in the morning I get up and make reservations at Wayfarer in Myrtle Beach right at the beach. Because Ocean Creek was 20 minutes from the beach and activities. And it turns out they also do timeshares themselves. The rooms were much better. They were updated and overlooking the Beach. I would pick a timeshare here before Bluegreen!!!

So that was MY TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH BLUEGREEN VACATIONS!! I see they have are reset right down the street that isn't booked. Smh. They want to put you in the terrible ones instead of the nice ones. How are you going to see me on something with that logic?? So basically, nothing was free! Lol. I ended up paying for a vacation anyway!!!

We purchased a Bluegreen vacation package in September, I bought it because of the hotel discounts with Choice Hotels they promised. First initial group sale the man said if you're a Choice member you don't pay for hotels. Then when we Sat at the table we found that's if you use your points but it's 50% off hotels and I still get my Choice privileges points, and the manager at the table said "we say at least 50% off so when you get more than that you're even happier". Like I said I bought because of this fact, the savings on hotel alone for myself would pay for this package since I spend around $10000 a year in hotel costs, $5000 in savings. This was a no-brainer.

In s.c. you have 5 days to rescind but 30-45 days before our membership was active to use we obviously couldn't cancel. When I tried use my 'benefit' I found that not only it wasn't 50% off but no discount at all. After several calls and various explanations I'm told it's only 10% off not 50% so I called the hotel directly to get room rates giving them no membership of any kind and wouldn't you know it, the same exact rate as "my discount".

After another call to them I had this robot Lamar keep repeating "it's a 10% discount sir" as I'm talking to him explaining there was none. So then I was told that I need to call Choice Hotel and tell them I'm an owner to get discount which I did the first time so I talked to Choice Hotel's member service to where they told me... get this... there is no discount on hotels with them for owning Bluegreen. Needless to say I've been lied to and scammed and I am getting an attorney and maybe more of you on this site complaining will do the same. I'm also contacting the attorney general in s.c. to report deceitful sales practices this company perpetuates.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

Where do I begin? First, the initial cost DOES NOT cover the 3 day/2 night stay as there are taxes and "fees" involved, the amounts of which they do not tell you until AFTER you confirm your stay. Second, when I called to get information, I got an email two days later "confirming my stay" that I never made. Third, when I called to question this, "Tiffany" was very deceptive and would not answer any question of substance, including what city I even be staying in! She transferred me to "Michael" who was condescending and also non-helpful.

I cannot believe any place of repute would demand a confirmation commitment and then want me to CALL THEM BACK 14 days before my arrival date to find out where I would be staying. The only piece of solid information I got from Michael was that for my 3/2 stay, it would definitely NOT be at any of their properties or hotels that they have photos of on the website. Rather, my wife and I would be staying at a "contracted partner lodging location within a 20 minute drive of the presentation center". RED LIGHT!

I then started investigating. I am FAR from the only person with a bad experience with these jackals. Bad properties, bad amenities, and bad service are just the tip of the iceberg of printed complaints. When I asked for my money back, I was told I was "outside the time constraints" to ask for a refund. If they refuse to refund my money, the least I am going to do is post my experience on every review site I can find to help others from being ripped off. Shame on you, Bluegreen. I hope you sleep well knowing that you screw people whenever you can. DO NOT go here for your vacation time planning. You will have a better time and get more value from a reputable hotel chain.

Yesterday, I received a call from Bluegreen Corp. informing me I won a 4day/3night stay at a resort and a 4day/3night cruise. They informed me I only had to pay for transportation, taxes, and the port fees for the cruise. They said if we decided to fly, just call and we can receive a corporate discount on tickets. I only had to pay the $149 each for my husband and I.

To make a long story short, I ended up paying $276, of which $200 will be given back after the presentation in the form of a gift card that can be used at over 16,000 restaurants. They also gave me an extra 3day/2night vacation stay that had to be used within a year after the presentation date. My cruise was also upgraded to a 6day/5night cruise. Truthfully, I was excited because I received 3 vacations for $76. Later that day, I checked my email for my confirmation receipt. The information regarding the cruise and extra vacation was a little skeptical to me so I decided to research the company which brought me to this site.

After reading a lot of the reviews, I was extremely disgusted and saddening by the professionalism (or lack of) of this company. From the reviews and the bad feeling I received after reading my confirmation email, I knew this was a company I did not want to give one penny to or take chances with. I did what my husband would do and that was called my bank (Capital One Bank) and ask to have the transaction reversed. The representative Tina with Capital One was so pleasant. She called Bluegreen and conferenced the call and told them that I was on the line and requesting a full refund.

Bluegreen said she cannot stay on the line, but I told him she is given permission and told her not hang up and she didn't. She stayed on the phone with me the entire time and lead the conversation. They transferred us four times before the transaction was actually refund. I was told that I was within the 30 day period and was able to receive a refund but I know based on the reviews and what was told to me by them, they do not give refunds. I know if my bank was not involved (on their own recorded line) I most likely would not have received a refund.

MY ADVICE: Any disputes with Bluegreen or any other unprofessional company who do not care about people only their money, do not handle it on your own. Call your bank, an attorney, or someone in authority that can speak on your behalf. That way, they know you mean business and aware of their scams. Do not dance with the devil. Act immediately. Even if you are in too deep, you have to cut your ties eventually so get help as soon as possible. Also, this is an technology age so use it to your advantage. Research all companies and individual before doing business with them. I hope this review helps someone as others did for me. God Bless.

I was a guest of my sister's Bluegreen Vacation to Las Vegas. I knew that this was a timeshare presentation and was interested in the program. Boy, was I fooled. I think that this Bluegreen Vacation was a joke. Why would I want to spend time and money on a place as pitiful as this? During my stay, I asked other investors their opinion of this property. Everyone told me it was very nice. Well if this place is very nice I would hate to see a bad one. NOT ONE AMENITY. Guest service closes a 5 pm. No restaurant, no gambling, no bar, no internet service, no airport service. Their Las Vegas shuttle is a "DROP OFF" only service. Their response..."Call an Uber".

So basically I am suppose to spend my first day of vacation going grocery shopping to be able to have coffee in the morning and any snack after returning to the room. Don't waste your money on this investment. This was not a vacation. To not even have an airport service is very sad. To tell your guests "owners" to call an Uber is truly sad. The property is surrounded by 2 blocks of vacant land which is littered with the homeless street people. A great place for your "OWNERS" to stay. All Bluegreen wants is your money. They don't care about you. Why is the Bluegreen representative showing my sister and I a 4 bedroom master suite when there are only 2 of us? (We told sales this.)

If they were truly concerned about their owners, and not just a high pressure sales group, they would let me buy after thinking about the program. They are a Today Only sales group. Even a car dealer will take your money if you called them tomorrow. Not Bluegreen. I was told this is a one time only offer. I will not be eligible after today. As far as I'm concerned, Bluegreen "Resorts" is nothing but a bunch of crap. If you invest with this company you are a fool. Why own something that you cannot be proud of and use when you want. Remember bring your own coffee because they aren't going to provide or even offer you a cup upon your stay or even when trying to sell you this place.

We purchased the timeshare (points system) which I liked the idea of. We were told that many of the resorts have jet skis, paddle boards, etc. And we were told no cost to us, only gas for the jetskis, boats. We were also sold on the fact that all rooms have a full kitchen (not true). We went to St. Pete Beach in FL. Although not a bad resort, we were not able to use jet skis, paddle boards, etc. without being charged. Although they were part of TradeWinds, they weren't offered to Bluegreen owners.

I am not happy because if you look at all the resort's amenities it's typical pool, hot tub, etc. They find a way out of making the amenities available to Bluegreen members. Although the salesperson said the presentation was recorded, we have yet to see. I'm upset we were sold the timeshare under false promises. I'm looking into contacting an attorney. Maybe us owners should start a class action lawsuit. Feel free to email me **. One very expensive lesson!

We got trapped into buying Bluegreen Timeshares. Very soon we found it was a Fraud. We were not able to get any accommodations when we needed. We also learnt that not only we will be paying money to this company throughout our lives but our future generations will be forced to do the same. So we stopped paying them. Now my credit score has dropped from 830 to 600. Thank God I do not need a loan pretty soon. Bluegreen is a fraudulent company.

I ordered the packaged before I alone with my credit card only. Later a friend was staying with me on the weekends. I asked the Conway, AK office if he could go. They told me I needed proof of his occupancy, that we needed a bank account together which I could not provide. I called later and they added his name to my account. They said they couldn't take his name off nor could I go without him and I couldn't take my two grandchildren either. They also said l could give my package away and see if I could go under someone name that I give it too. I plan to send them a notarized letter from my friend who no long comes over. He has his own place and we don't see each other anymore. The resort refused to remove him from my package. Through Bass Pro in Memphis, TN.

I hope I have the attention of everyone involved in Bluegreen vacations timeshare. If I don't, please forward to whomever I left off; maybe the owner?? I have made a lot of mistakes in my life but never one this bad. My husband and I were so oblivious to this deal, due to the cut throat, money hungry people that sold us a timeshare. I will never understand how you people can actually LIE and get by with it. All I wanted was ONE week at the beach in the summer each year and was told just how easy it would be over and over. I even told them the exact dates I wanted b/c we always go for my son's birthday, the last week in July. What a LIE. I tried to schedule my ONE week at the beach several times starting in February and it never worked out.

There was always some excuse of the day/week, the number of people, no availability, or some other ridiculous reason why I would have to wait a year before I could use my timeshare on the week I requested upfront, nonetheless, unless I wanted to go in December or January and that was still not written in stone. I am so relieved to be out of this mess but you can best believe I have nothing good to say about BLUEGREEN. I would never give anyone your business. This ended up costing my husband and I a lot of money upfront to get in and then lawyer fees to get out.

I don't know what kind of business you are running but I would love to stand outside and tell anyone coming in to run for their lives. You have really put a bad taste in my mouth and I hope I never hear the word BLUEGREEN again as long as I live. One unhappy, furious, cheated, lied to customer. I'm sure there are so many more that feel the same way. Thanks for the debt you caused my family by LYING to innocent customers who believed you were trying to help us with a way to travel.

I am shopping in Walmart and there is travel representative from Bluegreen soliciting shoppers to purchase vacation packages. I agree to listen to the presentation. The presentation was very well put together. She got around to asking questions about my income and marital status. I told her that I was currently separated and that if I decided to purchase this package, my husband would not be traveling with me. She said, that's no problem. I proceeded to sign the contract and pay $149.00 for this 3 night package and receive a free cruise for 2 if I attended a 90 minute presentation.

So, I finally book my trip and I call to confirm my dates. The representative starts going over the qualifications for the trip after they have taken my money. She asks me if I'm married. I told her that I am separated, the same thing I told the lady in Walmart that sold me the package. She asks, "will your husband be traveling." I told her no. Then she asked "will your divorce be final by October 21st, which is only 16 days away." I told her no.

So, then she tells me that I no longer qualify for the trip and asks if I have any married friends that would like to go in my place. I tell her no, I only want a refund. Granted they gave me a $50.00 Visa gift card just for signing up, so I was only asking for the $99.00 back. She then puts a manager on the phone who basically is saying the same thing. So, now I am out of $99.00 and I have to tell my children that we are not going to the beach. I am extremely angry and I do not recommend anyone to book a vacation through Bluegreen. They are FRAUDS!!!

When Bluegreen called me to sell me a package, I wrote down everything they said on the phone because you know it is a lot of info. Almost everything they told me was not true. I was told the hotel stay I would receive after the meeting could be booked just a couple of weeks ahead of the time I wanted and that it was good 365 days a year. When I got the paperwork after the meeting it said you had to book your vacation 60 days ahead and could not book on holidays or 7 days prior or after holidays, and you had to give them 3 different dates that you could come. I was originally told the extra hotel fees were $6/day. This paperwork says fees were $18-25/day.

I was told I would get $200 debit card after the meeting. I did not get a $200 debit card but a $200 dining card that you had to go online and sign up for, and then it was only good at a few locally owned restaurants that I never heard of, and I lived in this town all my life. Most were Mexican or Oriental. When you went online to sign up you had to "join" this site and then the gift certificate (not card) had to be downloaded for the specific restaurant you were going to, and if you got a $10 gift certificate you had to spend $20 in order to use it. And the certificate was only good for several days.

I was supposed to get back $80 from the $276 I gave them at the beginning within 7-14 days. It took 4 months and me calling them back several times before the refund finally went through. Almost everything they told me was not true and when I called them and wanted to send back the gift cards and the extra vacation they gave me, which was part of the original agreement, and cancel everything, and have them refund the balance back to me they said, "No," they could not do that. I have dealt with Diamond Resorts before and had absolutely no problem with them. Everything they said went perfectly. However, I will never deal with Bluegreen again. Be very cautious if you do.

My husband purchased a package to go attend a presentation in New Orleans, LA. When he bought the package, he was told that we would be staying in the French Quarter - within walking distance of many amenities including the presentation. On September 5th, he received a confirmation call where the representative said we'd be at the St. James hotel in New Orleans near the French Quarter and again went on and on about the wonderful things that are within walking distance, what was close by and that it was within walking distance of the presentation. During the call, he said we needed to make changes by the 13th of September to avoid any additional fees. We were set to leave on September 20th and on the 17th we received the final confirmation e-mail with us at...get this...the Holiday Inn in Gretna, LA...across the river and a 15 minute cab ride to the French Quarter.

We called the ph# to discuss this and they said there was nothing they could do. My husband just so happens to record all of his calls for work and sure enough, we played it back and confirmed what we had been told by 2 different people on 2 different occasions. How is it that they can just make changes without giving you advance notice or options and they don't even give you the 7 day courtesy period to make changes? I called them back after we replayed the calls and the representative told us, again, there was nothing they could do, there were no more rooms at the St. James Hotel and they offered to give us a $50 visa card...this was not going to cut it. In the meantime, I looked up the hotel and there WERE rooms available for $98 a night...just not at the Bluegreen rate. I asked to speak to a manager and went through the story again. She said she would see what she could do.

She found a room at the resort which was in the French Quarter (better) but she'd need to charge us $150 on top of that to make the change. Already we didn't have the warm-fuzzies about this company so I was not about the invest another $150 in accommodations that were already less than desirable and we hadn't even arrived there yet! In the end, we settled for paying a $50 cancel/change fee to be able to stay at the resort. Needless to say after this fiasco, we were not about to spend the $$ to buy anything else from the company. When we got there, we had to pay $35 plus tax a night for overnight parking, there was no breakfast, and the rooms were not cleaned every day. There was no pool or gym, the walls are paper thin (we could hear every word of our drunken neighbors at 3 am every morning), and we had a lovely view of an alleyway where the local cabs parked while waiting on fares.

By the way...they honked and argued with each other like clockwork at 6 am. There were a few nice things...the front desk staff was very friendly and there were no hassles. I would never agree to go to a presentation for Bluegreen again and am pretty put off from any future presentations from other companies. I certainly would not put any money upfront for another one of these.

Our daughter-in-law did the talking for the girl that was with us, and she left out most of the important things that we needed to know, like extra hidden fees. We paid the first set of fees, then they sent us another statement for some more when I called about them I was told since we were new we had to pay extra fees. I told them that my husband was sick and we didn't have the money. They told me that they were going to foreclose on my timeshare, and we could not use it till the fees were paid, but they continued to take out money for the payment anyway. When I found out I stopped payment on it. I feel like that shouldn't go towards anyone's credit cause things happen beyond our control.

My husband purchased a package for us to go to Las Vegas and was told there were no blackout dates and all he had to do was book his reservations within 48 hours. Once he called to make reservations, they told him they had to confirm there would be someone available to give us a presentation. He was then told that he would be called back within 72 hours. 72 hours had passed and my husband called back. They continued to tell him they still have not confirmed the presentation and that we would hear from someone by the end of the week. My husband expressed that the end of the week was unacceptable because the prices of airline tickets were significantly increasing. The representative seemed to not care and said we could not get a refund because it was not 30 days from original purchase of our vacation package.

She then proceeded to explain that we booked on Halloween and that was what was causing the delay. After 35 minutes of talking she lied and said we were all booked in a hotel and it was not a hotel of our choice. We were given options and didn't even get to pick a hotel of our choice. My husband continued to talk with her and she then admitted that the presentation still was not confirmed, which means the reservation was not confirmed. Next, we were transferred to someone else who repeated what was previously stated, "you have a hotel booked but we need to confirm your reservations". Nothing was accomplished and we were told we would hear back from them within 48 hours. They provided this "deal" and portrayed to have exceptional customer service; however, when actually making reservations, they were horrible. I do not recommend this company to anyone!

I booked vacation through Bluegreen Vacations at a local event and was enthralled by the presenter. I booked immediately. He failed to give me a receipt which outlined the terms and agreements. Then, he forgot to mention the 2 hour time share meeting. When I called to cancel they refused to allow me to cancel. Upon talking to management and other customer service people they did not refund my money. I felt like this whole operation was a scam and I felt very taken advantage of.

Bluegreen continues to call after I told them I was not interested. The last time they called they tried to sidestep by telling me they are calling to find out why I didn't want my free trip. Told them that is not a good enough reason to step over me asking them not to call.

When they made us buy this ownership program, they told us that the points never going to expire and talked lots of benefits that you can earn. But you know what? Yes, you can keep your points as long as you pay money for keeping your points that you already bought and pay extra money on top of thousands dollars to not lose your benefits. It was a big mistake. I am still paying money that I OWE them (Even though my points are going to expire). Unless you have lots of money so that you can buy the most expensive deal they have (which probably you don't need to pay money to keep your points) or have tons of time to go to trip so you don't need to worry about losing your points, DO NOT PURCHASE it.

When checking in for prepaid vacation ($396) we were told there are no pet friendly accommodations, and we would have to leave our 14 year old dog in RV or board??? We asked if they would reimburse us for a RV park and were told they could not do this. When I inquired about a refund they explained that refunds only could occur within a 30 day window and our purchase was older. Evidence the company has no desire for customer satisfaction. Sad thing is we were interested in their properties.

Received a call that I won this sweepstakes. "Pete" was polite convicting, thorough in this explanation of details. Of course I'd never purchase anything over the phone so I told him I needed a number to return his call. He sent me over to a manager "Jose **" who asked me what I needed. I explained I don't purchase anything without first researching their company and would have to call back. He angrily told me that I was no longer eligible and my "free vacation" was going to the next customer and hung up. They called from a west palm beach number 561-565-8621. This is a scam. No legitimate company does this. Highly recommend hanging up if they call you or not answering this.

I got a call from an agent named "Rory" saying we had won a vacation package one for land and one for cruise. His pitch was very persuasive but at the end I asked the obvious question, "do you have a number we can call you back after we have a chance to discuss?" He then gave me over to his manager "Jeff" who then offered an extension to our vacation Stacy but then said we had to make up our minds during that phone call and then asked "how we would be paying"... ARE YOU KIDDING!!! So I definitely knew it was a scam at that point, put him on mute and then hung up the phone. Do not trust these people with your money.

We were mislead and instead of a learning seminar, they just sold us more points. Now we have sunk in over $15,000 in the first 12 months of ownership and have yet to be able to use a single point. We were not told that if we rolled our points over that we were then limited on when and where we could take those points. Nothing is ever available, even 13 months out, in any red areas. So unless we fly up north, there's nothing available. Basically, they've over-sold their product until there's NO availability except in the northern region. The whole selling point for our family was the "vast" resorts near us in the south that we could drive to. Instead, we've come out-of-pocket $3,500 to take our annual family vacation, because nothing was available.

So I wasted $15,000 over the course of the entire past 12 months. We were told we could use amenities at any Bluegreen resort. We were turned away with our owner ID cards when trying to use these amenities. What is the point of owning something I can't use? Now, I'm out $15,000 just in the 1st year and paid $3,500 for a place to stay for vacation on top of that. And there's still nothing available for next year, not even on RCI, 13 months out, which is supposed to be a special silver ownership perk. The one place our entire family vacations every single year! This is absurd. I've called and tried to get help many times, to no avail. This is the biggest scam I've ever seen. Oversold and can't be used.

We were ask to return to Harbour Lights in SC. after purchasing 5000 points to teach us how to use the BG website effectively. However it was a set-up for a hard sales, which I had asked if that was the case more than once, where we were sold 16,000 points at $1.30 per point ($20,800). I felt I had made a great deal! Made the down payment with a BG credit card & filled out the complete contract & went thru recording of the whole conversation. We left with all the gifts, never talking about the BG website, 2 weeks later BG called & want us to resign the contract, claimed they had charged too much interest on the balance. Ok we resigned the contract, 2 days later, the same thing. Ultra red flags went up, after comparing all 3 contracts, second was exactly the same, but the 3rd was reducing our points to 15,000. Long story short, we refused to sign. They paid our down payment back & voided our contract. Not over yet we will fight this out. Will keep advised!!!

I concur with what has been written by others. And it's worse than that. The next day we were in line at the post office to cancel out account with them. The clerk asked if we were mailing our cancellation of the timeshare, and said that was most of her business. Sure enough, as we were leaving someone heard us talking to the clerk and said that is what they were doing.

It like going to a casino. You have to be prepared to lose anything you put in. You might get a great vacation, OR like me all of the dates that I'm available to travel are already booked and the few dates that I could make work are so many points that I would be better off booking on AirBnB or VRBO. I bought a sampler package and figured I could get at least one vacation out of it in the 8 months given to use it. I attempted to book less than 1 week after my member info came in. ALL the dates at 2 of the 23 (or 26) possible resorts were fully booked with NO availability. Now I'm supposed to call in every day to see if availability changes. I wouldn't say these guys are crooks. But I would not buy a package with them if I could do it over.

This company was at a local event in Norfolk and acted like I won a 7 night resort stay and 7 day cruise from spinning the wheel. I asked where the cruises were to, but they said I'd find out at the meeting. I went up to the "90 minute" lecture and then was asked to come back the next day for being a little late from traffic. In compensation, they gave me an additional 2 night "free" stay at their resort, but this actually ends up having a processing fee of $18 a night. The speaker was very motivational, but manipulative and yelled at me during the lecture for not paying attention. He said they were paying $400 for me to be there and every other seat there costs $400. "I guess that's a great deal though considering I would be the customer spending a minimum of $8,500 for a timeshare". The cruise is a scam. It has a processing fee of $250 per person depending on the location, plus other fees.

Still waiting because of a red dress run in the area many streets were closed. Got lost, got lost again, after 90 minutes and a traffic ticket being told that Decatur was one way and it's two way after 3 blocks. Was 30 minutes late for presentation. Told we could go get something to eat but someone would be with us shortly. It is over 2 hours later and we are still waiting. Not the best first impression. Hope yours is better.

My husband and I purchased a deal at Bass Pro in Memphis. We paid $199 for a 4 night 5-day stay. We received a $50 gift card and were told that with this package (instead of the 2 night $99) we would also get a certificate for a two for a cruise on Carnival. We booked our vacation within the 30 days to obtain another $50 Bass Pro gift card. We went to Branson in April 2016. We were put up in the Raddison. First night we had a group of kids, you were jumping on the floor (in the room above us) until midnight and started again at 6 am. I had called down to the front desk. No improvement. Came back to take a nap (3 pm) kids are still jumping and screaming. I called down to the front desk. They offer to move us. Now the rest of the trip is pleasant.

Our presentation was on Monday @ 8:30 am. This is supposed to be one hour. We have made plans to pick up my grandkids from school. Finally after relenting and buying the Sampler package at $795 we are free! Move forward to June 2016. We still haven't received anything in the mail with our number or how to book a trip. I get a call from the resort and they asked me why we haven't booked a trip yet. I tell the lady it is hard to do this when you don't have the information. She apologizes and offers us to come back for a two-night trip and they will help us set up our trips. We are scheduled for this weekend. It's already become a mess. I'm told we have to attend a presentation at 12:30 on Monday yet we have to check out of our room at 10 am. I argue this was not the agreement.

Finally after dealing with this guy who is reading a script and doesn't know how to respond to my sarcastic answers of, "Will you and your husband be traveling together?" NO, I thought we would drive separate vehicles. After looking at the cruise certificate, we have to go out of Florida or California. Really? After the fees of $200 per person that this travel agency adds on and, what for it, another time share sale. We figured our free cruise is going to cost us over $1000. We can take the train to New Orleans and cruise from there for less $1000. Please don't waste your money on this company. All they care about is getting your money. We can't even use the 9000 points we have because there is no availability between now and April 2017 when they expire unless we want to fly to Vegas. Been there done that. I want mountains. I guess we will just use them at Branson and go visit the grandkids.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Bluegreen is a company that specializes in timeshares and adventure vacations, and it was founded in 1966. The company caters to more than 175,000 owners and is headquartered in Boca Raton, FL. The company features a deeded timeshare program with timeshare locations across the United States and Caribbean.

• Conveniently located: Bluegreen Corp. features timeshare properties across the United States, which makes them easy to access for customers across America.
  • Bluegreen Vacation Points system: The company offers customers a points system, and they can access different resorts by accumulating more points. These points can also be exchanged with RCI properties.
  • Adventures available: Representatives from Bluegreen Corp. can help customers find and book fun adventures and excursions during the time they use their timeshare.
  • Gift card perks: The company gives customers who book a Bluegreen Getaway a 75 dollar Visa Reward Card as an added perk.
  • Getaway deals: Bluegreen Corp. offers customers regular deals, with two to five night getaways at properties across the country that cost only 149 dollars.
  • Best for People who want a luxury vacation property, large families, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with disposable income.

Compare Timeshares