1.4/5 (65 ratings)

About Bluegreen Corp.

Bluegreen Corp. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

The sales team at the Fountains in Orlando were great. Pablo and the team made the experience enjoyable and exciting. Going into the day we were unsure of how Bluegreen vacations worked, but after the presentation and preview we were very familiar with how it worked. We purchased a nice vacation package and look forward to using it for years to come. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

It was amazing. We had so much fun. Room was nice and clear! Everyone was kind. We didn’t buy and they still treated us so well. We will buy another mini trip from the Bass pro in Charlotte. Don’t believe everything bad about timeshare!

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 9, 2022

I guess anyone that posts here only complain and not enough people add the good experiences so here is mine: I took one of these offers from Cabela’s, I upgraded my stay to the resort in Vegas, and had a great time. The resort was nice, I liked being off the strip, and worth way more than the 300 I paid. My presentation was low pressure and was just a hair over 2h but basically as promised. Some people stayed behind longer to buy I guess but I left with all the info I need to consider it later. I think it’s a great product but It just wasn’t for me to purchase into at this time. I had a great sales person who definitely was persistent but that’s just sales and it was not in a rude way. I walked in KNOWING they would try to sell me something so I’m not mad that they attempted to.

When I got home I went back to the Cabela’s to see if they were hiring even because sure while I’m not a customer of the product yet, I definitely believe in it and like how they went about it. It’s safe to assume every sales location and every sales person is going to be slightly different. I expected Vegas to be much more aggressive but they even said "we know not even half of you may buy from us, we just want you to give us a open ear and a opportunity", so I gave them that and left satisfied. I guess just take everything with a grain of salt and remember for every bad review on here are 100 decent ones that never got posted and probably at-least 10 amazing ones that again, never got talked about.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

My family and I had an amazing time with Bluegreen. We got to spend time together that in the past we weren’t able to. I very highly recommend bluegreen. The service is great and they have great deals going on. The maintenance for the resort are very clean which is a big concern for families with elderly people like mine.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

I am considered a senior citizen and after being defrauded by Bluegreen, I honestly believe I was targeted due to my age. After listening to the presentation, I was instantly intrigued and so happy to hear that this is NOT A TIMESHARE - REALLY? I purchased the timeshare in 2019 to use exclusively at the South Hampton Resort in New Hampshire. The sales representatives GUARANTEED that I would be able to stay at the resort, one full week, every single year, during the holiday season. To date, I have not been able to make a reservation at the resort during winter, spring, summer, or fall. I do not even own enough points for a weekend stay. They blatantly lied to me about what I was buying. Bottom line:

• I was sold on buying the initial 3-day weekend for a hotel that was not available by the salesperson at the Bass Pro Shop.
    • I was told Blue Green was a vacation club and not a timeshare, so they were very different.
    • I was told with 5,000 points I could get a week or close to a week of time off season.
    • I was told that booking New Hampshire every year would not be a problem as long as I booked in advance. I thought a year in advance was more than reasonable but, that did not work out.

• I was not aware that the maintenance fees would continue after my death and become an annual debt nightmare for my family. I now realize this is an overpriced luxury.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

Meaning of Fraud - A deception practiced in order to induce another to give up possession of property or surrender a right. This was the sales tactic used to sell me a timeshare property based on the oral agreement between me and the sales person that I would be able to exercise my right to consistently roll my unused points year over year so that I could use them at any future time without any restrictions by simply paying a point roll over fee.

I am now 6 years after my purchase date and told I cannot roll over any of my points year after year as they all have expiration dates on them! These expiration dates are conveniently tied to the bi-annual points that I am designated to gain every 2 years. This is the exact definition of EXTORTION - Illegal use of one's official position or powers to obtain property, funds, or patronage. The act or an instance of extorting something, as by psychological pressure. Unless you go over your final sales contract, line by line and have the sales person initial every agreed upon point or have your attorney review their final sales contract which would take several days to distinguish between unfair sales practices/promises versus the actual final written sales contract produced at the time of finalizing the deeded process.

It would take a matter of days to close these deals instead of hours as they pressure you into purchasing points to use at one of their precious resorts. When in fact the number of points needed to redeem a stay at their resort far exceeds the value of points you accumulated. It is my recommendation that a consumer never buy from Blue Green vacations as it has been my experience their maintenance fees will always continue to go up and access to resort amenities is continuously being diminished either by ongoing maintenance issues and or so-called upgrades.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Bluegreen Vacations engaged in dirty sales tricks to earn our business. This was done to manipulate both of us to make a purchase with this awful, no-good product that provides us with very little value. We have been pilfered for thousands of dollars and this is making our blood just boil. Absolutely shameful behavior from Bluegreen employees, and we feel that it is our duty to inform you of these illicit activities and practices by Bluegreen salesmen. While purchasing, Bluegreen employees failed to disclose the following:

That there was an administrative fee that is non-refundable prior to committing to the purchase.

That there was a 7-day window to rescind the contract; we were told all sales were final and we were rushed through signing of the contract.

Misrepresented that our Bluegreen timeshare as a benefit, neglecting to note that they had to pay over $9000 annually in maintenance fees to use our membership.

We were not made aware of the increase in cost of annual maintenance fees. (We specifically asked about this, and we were told that they had never gone up in the time that the salesman had been with the company.) We’ve since learned the rates go up at minimum approximately 5% annually.

This is in addition to not being informed of the massive increased fees for the “privilege” of being at the Gold Level.

While my husband is active-duty military and I am a nurse practitioner, we had hoped that getting through COVID as essential workers that we would be able to enjoy vacations as things settled down. Unfortunately, we have not been able to travel, even after being told we could book 1-month before everyone else as Gold members, we still can’t make a reservation. Because of the deception from your sales team, the fictitious well-groomed resorts, the exorbitant finance charges, and interest rates that were not disclosed, running a credit check behind our backs and the overall negative experience -WE WANT OUT.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

Got 2 night stay while shopping at Cabela's. If I didn't use it -would have been charged. THE NERVE. Ended using it to go to the Smokies. SUPER NICE STAFF all the way - from the Welcome Center to the end when I bought into the deal. It is a deal - listen and use your brain - lifetime deal- tons of new hotels and resorts adding each year. With inflation - it is not a scam. The folks at the Sevierville TN location were five stars all the way. Shout out to Ronny - who did an amazing presentation. It was no pressure and just simply - he kept it real. I truly wish I could recall all the names - but everyone we came into were just SINCERELY welcoming and warm. I am 45 and worked in the hospitality industry for many years - and I can tell anyone - from what I heard - this was really a no brainer for me. I hope I am not naive - but I see the value in it. Yes, there are fees and the 17% interest rate - but I will pay that baby off so fast.

My con was having to stay at a Quality Inn - not my preferred choice of hotels...but the room was clean - though very basic. Breakfast was a no for me...but we were in walking distance of a local breakfast place. Hotel was right smack in the middle of everything - so that also was a plus. Would have loved to stay in a nicer dig though. The owner suite after signing up was also basic - I was expecting catered food - not chips and soda...so that was interesting to me. Presentation in the big group setting was about 2 hours - right about what was promised. What was not told - was the time - you would spend AFTER the presentation - to talk to the sales Rep and tour model units. Took me about 7 hours total. This location in TN had a special center for small kids to play games, eat snacks, color - and just hang out. There was adult supervision for that as well. I got what I think is a deal and I like it so far.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

My husband and I got snookered into one of these sales pitches with Bluegreen in Charleston, SC. After a 2-hour, fast-talking, bull crap session, they expect you to just hand over $20,000 for a lifetime commitment and, because we refused to do so, our salesperson, Josh, belittled us by saying that we talked too much, wasted his time and he couldn't believe we would sit through the sales pitch without buying a package and gave us the "don't you know this is how we feed our families?" rhetoric. He also used the word "libtard". I've just never experienced anyone so unprofessional and after reading tons and tons of one -star reviews, I would NEVER get tangled up with this company!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

I purchased my Bluegreen Timeshare approx. 4 years ago. I agree with the reviews that they do use high pressure sales (not a fan of this technique); with that being said, I have no regrets with my purchase. My significant other and I had many great vacations with our grandchildren and with my kids. Unlike Airbnb's we know exactly what we are walking into and know that the properties have security and located in desirable areas. In my opinion if you are still working, have children in school and don't have the luxury of being able to travel anytime you want, hold off on buying (peek seasons are hard to book). Also I would recommend paying cash, the interest rates to finance on timeshares is outrageous, you end up paying way more than what it is worth. Remember that they are always willing to make deals when selling and only purchase if you know that you will be able to put it to good use.

Bluegreen Corp. author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Bluegreen is a company that specializes in timeshares and adventure vacations, and it was founded in 1966. The company caters to more than 175,000 owners and is headquartered in Boca Raton, FL. The company features a deeded timeshare program with timeshare locations across the United States and Caribbean.

• Conveniently located: Bluegreen Corp. features timeshare properties across the United States, which makes them easy to access for customers across America.

• Bluegreen Vacation Points system: The company offers customers a points system, and they can access different resorts by accumulating more points. These points can also be exchanged with RCI properties.

• Adventures available: Representatives from Bluegreen Corp. can help customers find and book fun adventures and excursions during the time they use their timeshare.

• Gift card perks: The company gives customers who book a Bluegreen Getaway a 75 dollar Visa Reward Card as an added perk.

• Getaway deals: Bluegreen Corp. offers customers regular deals, with two to five night getaways at properties across the country that cost only 149 dollars.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Advisor

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Bluegreen Corp. Company Information