Bluegreen Corp.

Compare Timeshares

Research top Timeshares recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

This last weekend, my husband and I, along with our 15 year old daughter stayed at Mt. Olympus in Wisconsin Dells. We were "body grabbed" as our representative at Christmas Mountain called it. We initially were told it would be a 120 min presentation and could say no at anytime during and still leave with our discounted tickets. It ended up being a 190 minute presentation and we told them no that we couldn't afford the offers (6 of them), finally after feeling like we were cornered and could not escape, my husband said that he only brought home $400/week, when he actually brings in $700-800/ week.

After he said that, Jerry from Savannah, Georgia got all pissy and started ripping into my husband about long on the invitation. He ended up taking away the discounted tickets, which broke our daughter's heart. I got snippy with him and said, "If you're taking the tickets then I want my money back," and I told him that if the money was not put back on our card I would be calling and complaining. Needless to say the money did get put back in our acct. I have not one NICE thing to say about Bluegreen Vacations. They say they strive on the word of mouth reputation. Well I have read nothing but bad reviews about this company.

Back around April 2015, my then fiance and I "won" a free trip to the Fountains Bluegreen resort in Orlando, FL. We were told it would be 100% free in exchange for an hour long sales meeting about the vacation club. We agreed and went as we hadn't had a vacation in a very long time. The hour long meeting turned into 4 hours of us being pressured and coerced into purchasing. They literally would not let us leave. Every time we said no, they told us to wait and called over another manager. We had a lot of questions and concerns and of course, the sales rep knew exactly what to say to make it seem like a wonderful deal. The Bluegreen sales rep told us a lot of false information - including that maintenance fees never exceed $1000 a year and that Bluegreen would itself buy back any vacation membership in the event that we could no longer afford to pay the loans.

We spent 4 hours explaining to them that we were getting married in a few months and we could not afford the crazy down payments they asked. After being spoken to by 3 different managers, they came back with a "really amazing deal" where they lowered the down payment amount and threw in "free" product. It was our error not asking what our interest rate would be (wound up being over 16.99%), as we did not realize at the time that this would be an actual mortgage payment - this was never communicated to us. At the time it did seem too good to be true but we bought under the assumption that if anything happened, Bluegreen would buy it back and we would not be trapped and we could book a vacation "wherever we wanted" and on short notice. We also were never told about the 30-day refund window either. We bought their recommended package size and were reassured we could do so much with the points we purchased.

Not until we got home and tried to book a long weekend did we realize they did not sell us enough points to go anywhere. We were invited back I think a few months later for an "owner review" where we were again placed in another sales meeting which turned into 3 hours. We regretfully decided to purchase more points so we could at least use our membership we already were paying for. They were also at a "discounted rate" so we were getting a great deal according to the sales rep and manager. About a year ago I received a letter in the mail saying one of our mortgages was "sold" to another company. We had no knowledge, did not get a new account number, nothing. Here we are about 2 years later, only having been able to take 2 long weekends (4 days at most at a time) since purchasing and we are locked into something we cannot get out of.

I've spoken to Bluegreen on a few occasions about our hardships and conveniently each time they have "no record" of my previous complaints. Each time they only direct me to their reseller - Pinnacle Vacations. I did some research and Pinnacle only sells about 10% of the tens of thousands of listings they have. And they require you to PAY to list your vacation package online. So basically that is more money out of our pockets that we do not have. The only other options are to file Bankruptcy or go through a foreclosure. We also have not been able to utilize this package like we were promised as there are never any open rooms when we try to book. You literally have to book a year in advance and even then there is nothing available and to book in advance, your next set of maintenance fees must be prepaid. Regular maintenance fees, we were told, could be paid off over the course of the entire year.

We learned quickly that this is not true and you are only given 3 or 4 months to pay with interest added. And our last maintenance fees were over $1300. I don't know of many people who can come up with that money in a short time or have that extra laying around. I also went through all the paperwork given to us from Bluegreen and I cannot find any paperwork pertaining to our interest rates, the contract we signed, or other literature. It appears those crucial pieces of the agreement conveniently seem to be missing from our packets given to us from Bluegreen. It has been a burden no one should face and from the thousands of complaints I have seen, this company will stop at no end to get your money and lock you into a trap.

Do not fall into the scam. Nothing is free in this world. Free stays, free cruises, nothing is free in this world. Do not fall for this. All you have to do is be stuck with headaches with maintenance fees and yearly membership so you have to pay. You can use that, put it together and then paying yourself a vacation. Pay for it. Did not fall for it, it's just a scam...

I just got a call from Blue Green Resort stating that I won a vacation on land and sea. They continue on saying that I put in a entry form at my local shopping mall. First, I put in to win a car. They said my entry is still on for the car. Now I might not be the brightest crayon but I smell something fishy when they said $298.00. To win means not to pay. I understand taxes but when you start asking me my credit card number, then we have a problem. I read a lot of your reviews and I am sorry about that. Sometime you have to think outside the box because people goes to bed thinking on how they going to get our money. I asked them to send me the info in the mail. He could not produce an answer. He told me his name was Ross ** and the newly agent who got on the phone her name was Hilda. So beware of scams.

Please avoid Bluegreen vacations. They employ a tactic that borders on extortion, intimidation and downright bullying to sell their product. It's a scare tactic to con you into making an immediate decision for fear of losing any "special" they are presenting. Sales persons will shade the truth and at times outright lie to gain a sale. These tactics remind me of the used car salesman in the red plaid suit with the big cigar. These points time shares can't be sold, traded or otherwise gotten rid of without virtually a total loss of your investment. Unfortunately, I have first hand experience!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

We have been owners for over 17 years (silver). It has been a wonderful experience for us. Anyone purchasing a timeshare should understand they are committing to a mortgage with yearly fees. The payoff is many vacations to come. We purchased with the plan to use it when we are retired. Understanding the reservation system and planning are a key part of successful ownership. We get our points in Sept. plan several trips for the upcoming year at several resorts. Maximize point usage by staying Sun-Thurs most of the time and a weekend here and there. I have traveled to about 12 of the resorts with very positive experiences. I also stay at a number of hotels thru work related travels and find service, rooms, etc. comparable or better.

A few months ago I received a phone call stating I was selected for a promotional vacation package. I had signed up at my local mall. I was very skeptical. My scam radar was. A representative told me I was receiving a 4 day 3 night stay and an 4/3 cruise for $298 and wanted me to pay now. I declined. They put me on hold... I was connected to a manager named James. He was very helpful. He convinced me it was a valid offer. I signed up. He then informed me there was an upgrade for an additional hundred dollars. That was my only mistake. It would have gave me an extended cruise and third vacation. Hindsight is 20/20. I missed out on that.

I took my vacation about two months later. I went to Orlando. I stayed in a Hilton. It was really nice. Then I toured the fountains resort. The presentation was fun and informative. Could not have had a better time and saved more money. Just wish I would have taken the upgrade. I notice a lot of people complaining about the same vacations. My guess they did not actually take the vacations or they are just miserable. It was an awesome vacation. Had great service from start to finish and their phone reps are great. Again thanks to Jonathan and James.

Don't do it! They sell it on the phone as a free vacation but it's not! It's a 90% discount on 2 separate vacations. You pay $298 for 3 days and 2 nights at a hotel (I picked Vegas) but you have to attend an APPROXIMATELY 2 hour presentation and tour. Other people say it's really 3-4 hours. AND YOU PAY FOR AIRFARE, PARKING, CAR RENTAL, FUEL. I can fly to Vegas and stay for 2 nights for about $600, or less with promos.

After that vacation and presentation you can go on a cruise. Again YOU PAY FOR AIRFARE, TAXI, CAR RENTAL, etc. I'm not sure if the cruise is contingent upon timeshare purchase. It wouldn't surprise me if it is. HOW TO CANCEL: If you purchased look at the bottom of your emails, click on terms and conditions, go to the bottom again. The cancellation has to be in writing. I'm going to cancel it and get my money back.

We attended one of their promotional meetings for the free night a number of years ago. As a result we purchased one of the timeshares under the belief that we could later sell the time share if we did not want or could no longer afford it. We have been trying to get rid of it for years. They have no real means for buy back or way of getting out of the timeshare contract - ever! I would stay far away from this company!

They need to train better their Customer Service Team. I requested, instead of a King size bed and a sofa bed; 2 queen size beds for my teenage daughters to sleep more comfortable. I didn't find out that they cancelled my reservation because the hotel that they assigned me, didn't have any availability until 2 days before travelling. It was just pure luck that I called to find out the amenities that the resort provided and I was told by the guest front desk that our reservation was cancelled. When I called Bluegreen to dispute the cancellation that was not requested by me, I was told that I had to rescheduled due to lack of availability. I put a request, but I also said if there's nothing available leave everything the way it WAS, because my husband and me already requested days off from work to be able to travel to St. Petersburg.

Needless to say, it was a snowball of problems after that. They don't care about you, they just care to sell you a timeshare one way or another. After writing a letter in front of them telling them my bad experience, all they say was that they could sell me a week at a discount price. They clean themselves with my letter. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. DO NOT RECOMMENDED.

I was told it was a 110 min meeting and it turned into a 3 1/2 hours experience. They wanted my credit card and my ssn just to purchase a 1200 point sampler package. I told them I was a diabetic and would need food soon. They returned my card and said they did not wish to have me purchase the 1200 points and asked me to leave. They have all my information and I am a little worried about this. I told my accountant and he thinks I dodged a bullet. He said we can work out any fraud but it would have been harder to get out of a written agreement when they did not follow through on their end. So, in retrospect I am happy I did not buy but worry about anyone else who falls prey to these people.

We went to the Smoky Mountains and they gave us a close to free trip and we just had to go on a tour to get the discount. We appreciated the discount and enjoyed the scenic trails out in the mountains. Hoping that we can book with them in Myrtle Beach next year. Highly recommend Bluegreen/Choice Hotels.

My wife and I were promised the perfect dream vacation club. We signed up for a 7000 point bi-annual vacation package for generations with a set maintenance fee. We are an active duty military family of four on a single income. We have attempted to book our dream vacation for the last 12 months with no available room at the resort of our choice. We were guaranteed that we would be able to book any resort as long as we book a few months out and had the points available.

Unfortunately, a full year has now come and gone. Now I am being told that the 3500 points will disappear if not used by 31Aug2017. How is it possible that the point I have paid for will be lost due to unavailability? I of course have an option to pay $50 to carry them forward! I called the sales rep and spoke with the available supervisor after sharing my dissatisfaction and the burden that this broken contract has become. I then asked how is this even legal? She informed me that they were willing to work with me but I could not be guaranteed a booking unless I was reserving the date 11-13 months in advance.

I was informed that if it is possible to book at a different resort for week ** because that was what we were deeded for. I informed her that we never requested to be deeded at that specific location or select that week. Active duty military personnel cannot book leave that far in advance. My husband is a career military man that plans on being active duty as long as possible. There will never come a time over the next 12-18 years where we will be able to take advantage of this vacation package.

We attended the presentation at Big Cedar and insisted that we must vacation there each year to decompress and enjoy that beautiful resort. We cannot sell until the package is fully paid for $9,000! Now we must carry a burden with monthly payment for a service that we are not being provided? This cooperation should be banned for their actions and taking advantage of families across the nation. It is sickening to think that anyone would take advantage of the American people or military family that protect the civil rights of this nation.

I signed up for this "timeshare" program and thank heavens I only tried the sample pack. It has been a disappointment from day 1. I am out of pocket more than 4 grand and on a payment plan and I have not even taken a trip yet. I was able to find cheaper hotel rooms and car rental on my own and it has been a very big waste of money. It’s a scam and don't buy into the smoke and mirrors of the very pressured sales pitch. Run the other way and save your money for a real family vacation. I am so upset at myself for believing this would be a good deal. I am 52 years old and should have known better.

I had a trip to Orlando and there was nothing that I was told by Bluegreen vacation was true. From where I was going to stay to parking my car. 22$ to self park or 29$ to have valet park my car. These fees were not included in my brochure. The gift card was to 150$ which is clearly marked 150$ but was only 125$. This was not the getaway that I was promised and I will never do this again. To the clerk at the desk, I must applaud her for attitude and professionalism in which she did what she could do to make my stay more comforting. I was looking forward to staying at the Fountains resort but instead I was at the Disney B resort and spa. Overall, this was not a good vacation for me. Good luck.

I'll never buy another promotional package from this company again. I was very happy at first. Had to change my reservation 2 times with no problems. The last time which made #3 and the young lady changed everything in 5 min. I was told if my divorce wasn't final before travel, they couldn't accommodate me and had to cancel my reservation. I said "ma'am I've talked to several agents and that was never mentioned not even when they sold the package to me."

I was then transferred to a Supv that told me they would give me back some of my money, because they gave me a store gift card. I said "ma'am I'll give the card back, I don't like the store that much." I advised the lady I've been legally separated for years. "You must be divorced before travel date." She had the nerve to say can RUSH the divorce. I should have lied, That was my Birthday trip, Now What? NOT HAPPY!!! Never Again will I use this company. This is how they pressure you into buying into the TimeShare.

Do not purchase a vacation package from Bluegreen Vacations!! I entered a drawing for a car while at my local shopping mall. A couple weeks later I got a call saying that while I didn't win the car, I did win a vacation and cruise package. I fell for it (like an idiot)!! They NEVER mentioned that there were specific dates you could travel or that you had to pay for an upgrade from 'low season' to 'high season'. The only time I can take a vacation is during the summer and I later found out that this is not an option. I would not have purchased this if I had known that I could not vacation during the summer months!!! I wish I could get my money back but I guess I'll just have to take the $298 loss and chalk it up to an expensive lesson learned. I would have given a negative rating if that were an option!! If anyone has any suggestions on how to get a refund, I'd love to hear them.

We bucked Wintergreen hotel in Wisconsin Dells thru book. vip.com for 3 days. For that saving, around $ 100 we agreed to attend presentation "about our hotel" for about 2 hours and we also will get $100 gift card for food. All scam. After we booked, paid, screen said we have now to call to confirm. Done. After that a couple of days they call us to confirm again. We did. They call again 2 times to confirm, I told them I am coming and I am not confirming anymore.

When we arrived into hotel, hotel charged us $51 for taxes for 3 nights??? So, now saving total is around $50. Bluegreen called us and said we have to come to their office to confirm presentation, both of us must come there: They told us on our arriving we must first come to them before going to hotel. They gave us a blue pcs of paper we have to give to hotel reservation. We must give them our major credit card to take a copy of it. We must sign if we do not attend to presentation or violate any of their rules, they will charge us full price of hotel up to $949!!! We must go tomorrow to presentation which is about 15 minutes from our hotel. Ok. Done.

Next day we went there. Nice place. Nice people. Salesman and saleswoman... pushy but nice. They took a total of 3 1/2 our time. I didn't complain but my wife did since our daughter of 3 years was all the time with us. We didn't purchase time share because we know from some people we met on vacations before that actually is more expensive, much more than if you book by yourself, but I wanted to have that experience. When we came back to our room after a total of 4 1/2 hours we recognize our day is gone so we decide to purchase one day more at hotel $119, so now we are in minus about $70.

Presents were: Two voucher for Mt. Olympus, yes, but for water park only and no theme park and no parking ticket. 9. Food gift card is not that. You get a code printed on that card. You have to go into that internet side, make your account find restaurants they accept this coupons, you have to print them, and you can use them only if you purchase a lot at that restaurant. You can't buy with coupon only. Haha lot of fun. Took me over one hour to do all this. TOTAL FACT, SCAM. DON'T FALL INTO THIS SCHEME.

When traveling through Missouri we stopped at Bass Pro and a very convincing salesperson got us to sign up for a cheap vacation, only catch was we had to go to their timeshare sales pitch. We paid $199 and got a $75 BP gift card for singing up. After we got home we scheduled our week vacation and then later decided this program wasn't for us. I called and cancelled the reservation, no problem. Then I wrote a letter, per the fine print, to cancel the entire vacation package. Although I was a little nervous about the process, it worked smoothly. The company called me when they received the letter and kindly cancelled it all on the phone. Within a week I had the money, minus the gift card amount, back on my credit card. I have no complaints. They did what they said they would.

We were promised one free night at a Clarion Hotel because we had stayed 2 nights on vacation last year. We never got a response to our request, so we followed up with a call. The agent said there was a much better deal. Three FREE nights, we had to pay $149 up front but we would receive a MasterCard gift card for $150 if we viewed a resort property. We agreed. We stayed 3 nights at a local hotel, and the following day viewed The Big Cedar Lodge in Branson, MO. It is beautiful! It is everything you would want in a resort. The Lodge is all wood, log cabin style with amazing limestone fireplaces. The cabins are nicer than most houses. The beautiful pool has a lazy river and Lake Taneycomo access. Seriously, this is 5 STAR! We told them over and over that YES!!, we love it!! What's not to love? Everyone was very, very nice.

But to buy into this timeshare is $29,900 and $1,000 a year for maintenance and membership fees. We explained over and over that we could not afford this. They would not let us go. We were grilled for 3 hours with our 2 grandchildren with us. We had to explain over and over that it was more than we could afford on our Social Security income, but they persisted that this was for our family, and our grandchildren. The sales lady even said "We have invested in you." We were put in a room with the Inventory Specialist. She persisted as if we were not telling her the truth that we could not afford this.

We did not ask to come to this property. We were responding to our one free night that we earned at the Clarion Hotel. We later talked to several other people who were in our original group that said they were not pressured nearly as much as we were. They said they had responded to a Bass Shop promotion and got a 3 night cruise for their reward. The 3 free nights were enough of a reward, but we REALLY felt drained when we left.

I know I should give a few paragraph explanation on why I personally believe the money I made for this was wasted but I'm going to sort of keep it short. I am so aggravated with the fact that I paid them even though I truly didn't want to. I should have trusted my gut. I am so disappointed in not only myself but that this company tries to sell happy memories. I have had nothing but issues and have not been able to book any vacations with them. Not one point used. Why? Because 90% of everything listed is not available. We can only visit Arizona and Nevada.

I live in Florida! I can't even book anything in Orlando for 2 days. I have literally clicked day by day. 3 months are blocked out where I can't book anywhere other than Arizona and Nevada IN THE SUMMER. They NEVER said that. They said holidays (which makes sense). I have 7 options in October. That's fantastic. Thanks. Bottom line: Customer service: They all seemed not to care. Obviously not their problem. Value: HA. Amenities: I wouldn't know.

I found Bluegreen while shopping at Bass Pro and ended up going on a trip to Savannah, GA with a friend to participate in the preview at the Savannah office. From the moment walking into the office and from leaving, we never felt too much pressure to purchase something we weren't comfortable with. Our sales rep, Alex ** (I believe that was his last name) was wonderful. He answered all of our questions, did his best to accommodate our needs, and did not pressure us when we ultimately decided against a package, all while being very nice and personable. Overall I had a good experience but did not end up buying a package due to personal issues that had nothing to do with the company. However, I will reconsider this company in the future!

I attended a presentation in Las Vegas with my parents with no intention of them purchasing anything. The presentation was interesting to say the least and the presenter, Cowboy, is a lovable and friendly guy. Everything appeared to be legal and honest and everyone was super nice. I tried to ask more than enough questions to ensure that my parents wouldn't be digging themselves into a hole. Ben was the manager helping all the sales people seal the deal and he had all of the information.

Here are the red flags: 1. They tell you that the high interest rate can be refinanced via your bank. WRONG! Call your bank at the presentation and get the answer we should have gotten. 2. The vacation share package is a tax write off and a potential investment. Not in all states! 3. You can earn points to pay the maintenance fees. We'll never know! 4. We were there too long and the process is exhausting. 5. We were constantly asked if we felt mislead about any information. Well, you won't know until you get home and dig deeper into the mess.

Buyers BEWARE! If you want to over pay for vacations and at a high interest rate for the share package go right ahead and knock yourselves out. To each his own! I was told by a timeshare advocate that NO timeshares are good nor are they investments. You can definitely pay to vacation at a cheaper rate if you catch sales and plan properly. Good news! It's only be a little over a month since my parents got into this mess and it may take 6 months for them to get out. With only one $415 payment made, it will be well worth the leg work to get out of it.

In April I entered a contest to win a car, why not right? Several weeks later I received a call saying I had won a two separate stays and a cruise through Bluegreen. I was highly skeptical, but my husband said it was a good, successful business and that I really had won something. When they said we had to pay, $298 for X amount of nights vacation and a cruise, but that we would received food vouchers etc. Long story short, my husband paid the $298 and two months later we were off for our first family vacation and all we had to do was attend a meeting.

Well, the "prizes" I won were not prizes. After we left the meeting and I read everything we were given I realized it was not worth it. The $400 back was "dining dough" that you have to pay in order to even use. You have to go online and do so prior to dining in a restaurant. So, if I want to save 50% on a meal you have to pay $X amount in order to do so. That is ridiculous. Also, the two nights, three days hotel stay is way too complicated. You have to register within sixty days, pick three separate dates and preferences and wait for them to mail you a certificate of the nights. In addition you have to pay $X amount of money (just enough so you are basically covering the cost, but they aren't making much of a profit on you) to start this process and for tax etc. The cruise is very similar. It's a free cruise, but it's necessary to pay $239 a person.

That's not free and that's not a prize. Nor is the $298 my husband spent for us to stay at a Bluegreen resort that we never got to stay at. Maybe if people were allowed to stay at a nice Bluegreen resort and actually given what they said they would be given they would purchase a time share through them. I feel like it was just a way for us to pay their baseline. They may not earn much of a profit off of our "prizes" we were given, but we paid them. Them paying "$400 a lead" or for us to go there is completely false.

Signed up at Bass Pro for a free vacation. Got a call and paid for three day vacation with a free cruise after I completed a sales pitch. The hotel they put us in was not what we expected. It was very run down and dirty. Elevators not working. I have now read the cruise is a scam and we will likely not be able to take it without spending more than the cruise is worth. The sales manager acted as if he had no idea the hotel we were staying at is a dump but I have since read that is a common complaint so that was a complete lie that they didn't know. I am very thankful we had enough sense to say no to this scam at the sales presentation. They made it look like a wonderful thing but I have since read that the buyers can't get booked into the places they want and so aren't even able to use their points. We did pay extra to upgrade our hotel room to a so called condo. What a joke!

Do not purchase a vacation package from Bluegreen Vacations. I received one as a gift and got the attached email directly from them. There was not information regarding blackout dates, expiration, or restrictions. I spend 45 minutes on a call with customer service trying to book a room. Was told that my request was during peak season and that I would have to pay extra. I agreed, 30 minutes later was told that the dates I requested were not available and I would have to travel during a specific period of time. I requested a refund since the dates did not work for us and was told "no". I forwarded the email I received from Bluegreen Vacations to the manager and she stated that it was not their responsibility to let us know of the "fine print" even though they had sent me the email. Don't waster your time (I wasted 2 hours) and was not able to book or get a refund. Save your money and time, book through the hotel itself.

I purchased a 4/3 night vacation through Bluegreen Getaways. After turning down the offer at first, I was told by the sales agent that I would receive a free cruise if I purchased the vacation and commit to a two hour timeshare presentation. Instantly, the salesperson gave me a $50 MasterCard gift card. Lo and behold, I took the vacation to Las Vegas. I was issued another $50 MasterCard. I asked the agent about my free cruise and she stated that she didn't see anything on my account for it and I should call Bluegreen Getaways about it. I called Bluegreen. I emailed a copy of my receipt and sales information flyer that I received at the time of purchase. They said they could not honor it because they had already given me an extra $50 MasterCard. I definitely did not ask for the extra MasterCard.

Why would I, knowingly, exchange a free cruise for a $50 MasterCard. The lead salesperson stated that they could not exchange the card for the cruise because I knew what I was signing up for. I only purchased the vacation for the cruise! This company and their salespeople are scammers! They say what they think they need to say in order to get a sale. Do not fall for it like I did!

In October 2016, based on an invitation from Bluegreen Vacations to evaluate their vacation program, we chose to go to the Smokey Mountains. When we arrived, we were given lodging at a motel stating that the local Bluegreen vacation facility was filled. We attended the obligatory presentation and were beguiled by Bluegreen's wonderful properties. Although we did not purchase a property at that time, we did select a Sampler package for $798. We assumed that this would allow us to see excellent vacation opportunities and perhaps convince us to become a Bluegreen owner.

Shortly thereafter, we initiated a number of phone calls with Bluegreen to try to secure a place in mid-May of 2017, a time when we traditionally take a vacation. For the most part, they had limited properties available for the sample package and most had been filled. Finally, in February of this year, based upon the recommendation of Bluegreen vacation, we chose Casa Del Mar in Ormond Beach. The representative indicated to us that this was the only property in the Florida beach area available to us. On May 15, 2017 we arrived at Casa Del Mar in Orlando, FL looking forward to a week at a "lovely, very nice" resort (per reservationist).

We flew into Orlando, rented a car and drove to Casa Del Mar (about 1 1/2 hrs). We checked in early and were told someone was being sent to clean our room. (IF WE HAD BEEN TOLD our room would not be ready for 4 1/2 hours, we would have been prepared for a long wait and had options for the afternoon.) We enjoyed lunch at Riptide and then returned to Casa Del Mar where we sat by a small (backyard size) pool. We had to look for shade, because there were only a few options and they were taken. It is Florida where umbrellas by the pool should be an option!

The beach was bare and again Bluegreen provides no amenities - Like beach chairs. The bathroom on the first floor was definitely not tended to and a staff member suggested (without my mentioning anything) that I go to a different one to change to my swim suit. 4 1/2 hours later while we sat looking at half torn down yellow danger tape surrounding the broken hot tub, we were notified our room was ready. By then the decision to leave had been made - no way are we spending precious vacation time here!!

We called Bluegreen and after about 30 minutes, were told our only option was to return to Orlando and stay at The Fountains for 4 NIGHTS. We were then to return to Casa Del Mar. A staff member suggested we look at the newly renovated room we would stay in when we returned. We complied and when we stepped in, the smell of germicidal cleaning products was horrific! No way!!! We returned to Orlando in massive traffic (2+ hrs). The facility here is fine but, of course, there is no beach so we have had to forgo our planned beach vacation. We don't have children with us so Orlando would never have been our choice for this vacation. We just wanted some R & R.

We did our obligatory meeting today and shared our experience with Mirko ** and Janice **. At their request, we took time to write our experience. Janice offered us lots of things if we would purchase a Bluegreen Vacation Package. Really, why would we? If Bluegreen has luxury resorts, we wouldn't know from our current experience.

The additional days at Casa Del Mar were appropriately canceled. Our relaxing getaway interrupted by wait time at Casa Del Mar, hours of driving, mandatory meeting time and time to write this. Then there is the expense incurred for this vacation: Airfares, car rental/gas and need to find a room for the next 3 nights as The Fountains seems not to be able to accommodate us. This will be a memorable vacation and not a positive one!

The positives: Orlando has nice restaurants (however, so does St. Louis), people have been nice so it bides well for employee training. Lucy, concierge at Casa Del Mar, gets high marks for being upbeat, fun and full of ideas of things to do in Daytona. However, we were not given the opportunity to use the Sampler Package as told to us in our original encounter. We were shown lovely replica of facilities and pictures of beautiful resorts. Although we believe we are entitled to a refund of $798 and the cost of 3 nights lodging in Orlando, we are willing to accept restitution of our Sampler package points (and an extended time in which to use them) in a desirable Bluegreen location.

I left a 'complaint' after our stay and got an email response asking for the best way to be contacted to discuss my complaints. Although I promptly responded, I never got a call. While I don't answer unrecognized numbers, I do listen to vmx and follow-up. SO, how interested is Bluegreen Corp. in resolving issues, improving services and building a brand with satisfied customers????

My wife and I were the victims of the "Blue Green" Vacation Time Share Scam. Please be aware of the false promises and difficulty in making reservations less than a year in advance. The company works on overselling the availability so that it is very difficult to reserve a room in higher demand areas less than 13 months in advance. They sell timeshares based on levels with each level having a longer time to reserve. For example, the Silver Level can reserve 11 months in advance. The Gold level has 12 months in advance to reserve. It is impossible to reserve a few months in advance for the high demand areas because the higher member levels have reserved most/all of the rooms.

Blue Green also sells a much higher number of timeshare points than rooms that are available, essentially forcing customers to use points on other options that are more expensive than the cost of the points. They encourage people to use hotel points or open time share points exchanges. Please don't be a sucker like we were, avoid Blue Green.

Compare Timeshares