1.47/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Discover a great timeshare now

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Bluegreen Corp. Reviews

Original review: May 5, 2019

I found Bluegreen through a visit to a Bass Pro store. The gal at the kiosk was nice, professional and informative. We went to our preview and we were treated respectfully and never once pressured into buying. We have been Bluegreen owners ever since and that was back in 2011. We have continued to expand our points and are now Gold members. “No regrets”. We read and asked serious questions so we knew what we were getting into. To me, when I penciled out the numbers, it was a no brainer compared to the $$$ of owning a second home.

I gauged and based my decision on what I “wouldn’t” be paying for over the years and that we wouldn’t be locked into the same place every year. For us having options about where to vacation is paramount. Not paying $150k plus interest on a mortgage, monthly cost of utilities on a place we won’t be staying at monthly, furnishings, upkeep items like roof, A/C, water heater, etc. We have learned that like going to popular places at popular times it’s the same with Bluegreen. You gotta plan ahead if you want to go there. Timeshare ownership isn’t for everyone.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Over four years ago we signed up for a 3 night vacation for $49 while at a Bass Pro Shop. Since family lives less than two hours from Branson, MO we decided to do a vacation there. We knew we would have to listen to the sales pitch, but we also knew we would receive a Visa gift card and other gifts. We had no intention of buying into their system, but after listening and seeing all the great opportunities we bought in. They have given us other mini vacations to inform us of updates and changes, and to ensure we are getting the most of our points. Each time they reward us with a prepaid gift card, shows or food vouchers. We love it! We have since purchased more points, but love the fact we can take a cruise or mini vacation or we can take family on a vacation. The best part is we actually take vacations now, and have the security of knowing our children will be able to take vacations for years to come yet.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: March 31, 2019

I entered a mall contest for a new car and won a 3 day, 2 night stay vacation for free plus offered free gifts. We went, sat through the 2 hour presentation and bought a $1000 sampler package. That was 12 years ago. We have been in so many wonderful vacations from Michigan to Florida. Yes, it's a point system, so it's first come, first serve.

You have to be smart and book vacation early or you will have a difficult time getting something within a short window time. We only bought the small $7000 package after our sampler ran out, but they serves us well. In October I booked a 2 bedroom chalet for my husband and I and my mom for Gatlinburg, which is our favorite city, for 4 nights/5 days for end of April. I also have a one bedroom deluxe for August with 2 of our grandkids for 5 nights/6 days. All resorts we stay in have full kitchens, washer and dryer, fireplaces, most have balconies. Staff are always wonderful. Our yearly maintenance started in the $575 range and we have paid $679 the past few years. So this year we are going for 9 nights total for the cost of our yearly maintenance of $679.

Four years ago, I took my sister's family of six and my family of five and we stayed at a 3 bedroom combined chalet which had the 3 bedrooms, two queen sofa beds, 3 bathrooms, 2 full kitchens, 3 balconies, 2 washers, 2 dryers, 2 living rooms and 2 fireplaces. I booked this trip 11 months in advance, had no problem getting the exact week and place I wanted on that property. We went in the mountains and explored, went go carting, putt-putt golf, chair lift to top of mountain. I brought my crockpot and put a large roast one day and when we got back from our day's adventure, my sister made homemade gravy from the roast, the 3 kids (ages 5-14), set the table, but our dinner rolls.

Teenagers quickly made a large salad, I made the mashed potatoes (yes instant, but tasty and quick) and steamed some vegetables. Within 15 minutes all 11 of us were eating a meal that cost around $25. I always make waffles in the morning. Having fully stocked kitchens saves so much money. Since I invited my sister and her family, I paid for all the gas, activities and food. I left with $2000 cash, went 3000 miles (2 vehicles) and still came home with $150! We have so many memories and we've been to Florida, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Virginia, Michigan and Tennessee. I can't wait to go to our Massachusetts resort and see whales. Do your homework, learn how your vacation works and use it and you will love it too! We love Bluegreen.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I agreed to signing up for the 4 day 3 night vacation stay for $199, with free cruise, $100 rebate, and some other fine print things. I figured I could deal with a timeshare presentation if I got some perks. After agreeing to it and giving them my credit card number I waited for the email confirmation but did not receive it so I decided to google reviews on this site. They are obviously HORRIBLE reviews! So I called to cancel, expecting a runaround. What I got was an excellent experience. The attendant explained that most people don't understand the details and therefore get mad when it is not what they think they signed up for. She is correct in that people don't read the fine print, but the original sales people do not explain those details clearly.

The problem is that one assumes they are staying at the actual resort for that price, but it is at a regular hotel. It appears that you can pick what hotel if they have availability, so it is not a bad deal to stay for 3 nights for about $150. That's $199 - $100 rebate + taxes. It was never explained to me that if I wanted to stay at the resort there would be an additional fee, which I might have done. The cruise is reasonable perk, but you still pay about $170 per person in taxes and port fees, which you always pay for in addition to the cruise deals you see online, and the daily tip of usually $20 per day per cabin that you also always have to pay for. So the cruise is still a reasonable deal in that it will cost about $440 of the cruise. I have cruised a lot so for me my time is more valuable than saving a few hundred dollars on an inside cabin carnival cruise.

The other thing that most people don't read is that you have to register the certificate with a couple of months even though you have a year to use it, otherwise it is void. And you have to mail in for the rebate, and if they give you a MasterCard to sweeten the deal with 50 -100 on it you have a limited time to use it. The whole timeshare thing is not a good thing, but that is a different issue.

In summary, make sure you are clear on the details, read the fine print, make sure the value you are getting is worth your time, and don't buy a timeshare! But I will say I had no problem cancelling, the customer service person was wonderful and did not try to talk me out of cancelling, and after giving me some of the details the salespeople left out and answering my questions cancelled it on the phone. I also found out that the reason I did not get an email initially is that they had a wrong letter in it. She corrected it and sent me my cancellation verification.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I entered a giveaway for a car and was told I won a vacation. To make this simple I bought what I paid for was $398 up front and what I got was a 4 day 3 night stay at the fountains resort that I had to pay a extra $100 a night if I wanted to stay at the resort so I paid the extra $300 to stay at the resort instead of at a Marriot Hotel like I was told. So that was my choice to pay the extra $300 and I got a 3Bd Villa with full kitchen 2 bath and washer and dryer. It is very nice and clean. I also got for the original $398 a 3 day 2 night stay at a Bluegreen location of my choice and a 8 day 7 night cruise on any ship any port and any time of year even busy season.

Now the cruise is not free you have port fees and taxes and international taxes and fees. We will have to pay close to a $1000 with the wrist bands to drink alcohol and the taxes. So all in all I paid roughly $1700 with the upgrade to the resort but I got a 4 day 3 night stay at a resort, a 3 day 2 night stay havent used yet and the 7 night cruise for $1700. I cant complain and cant say I got ripped off. The cruise alone would be $1700 all day. Dont let the online prices fool you. You have a bunch of hidden fees and taxes that dont get applied till checkout. The cruise is free but the wrist bands to drink and taxes are not. People have to be realistic nothing is ever free. I did not buy into the timeshare at the preview and they make it sound so good. All in all not bad plus I got $300 of dining dough gift cards to food to top it all off after the preview.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I'm saddened to read these reviews. I feel like the only thing that happens to me lately is that I'm taken advantage of by scams. Like most, I paid $129 for the 2 night stay, received a $25 gift card on the spot with a promise of $50 more in gift cards after I complete the presentation make my stay $54. I will not be attending my scheduled presentation next year; I'll forfeit the 100 dollars because it's not worth any stress, anxiety and panic that will come with going through with this. I have severe PTSD and I don't need this. I've also called and reported my credit card numbers as stolen in order to get new numbers so they can't charge any more fees. I'd suggest others do the same.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

We went to BassPro Shop and met the sale lady by accident. We were told that BlueGreen has promotion vacation packages. They said the vacation package is only $179. It offered 3 nights hotel with any locations of our choice. The package also offered $50 gift card. The sale lady said the company did not earn any profit. They did so because they want people know their resorts. We decided to buy the vacation package and decided to take vacation a few months later. The hotel, DoubleTree itself was not good. The swimming pool and some parts of the building were under construction. The last day of our vacation, we were told we had to attend BlueGeen's presentation that supposed be only an hour or less but when we arrived we were told that the presentation were two hours.

Because we could not stay for that long, we refused to attend it. The sale person gave the number to attend the presentation another time and location. After the call, we were told that there is no other time and location so we decided to attend the presentation. But they said "oh, the presentation already started and we cannot let you in." We were told that if we could not attend their presentation, we had to pay the hotel full price. That will be charged $218 from our credit card. And then we started to know that this is completely SCAM. Please share this information to your family and friends to stay away from BlueGreen or similar business. DON'T LET THEM SCAM OTHER PEOPLE.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

This is best thing since sliced bread! I purchased a vacation at The Mall of Georgia and had wonderful experience! The sales rep was friendly and answered all of my questions. (I had a lot) I looked up the reviews on this site before I purchased, and was about to walk away, however the representative explained to me that a lot of these reviews come from frustrated customers who don’t fully understand what they are purchasing, and actual owners who don’t understand how to use the timeshare they bought into. After explaining, she went in detail about the vacation package, explained that it was hotel stay, and we would get a free cruise!

We used our trip in Charleston, SC and stayed at a really nice Hampton Inn. The tour wasn’t bad at all. The sales lady there explained how their vacation club works, and when we told her we weren’t interested, she gave us our cruise certificate, and we left. The entire tour took about an hour and a half. Totally happy with this purchase!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Have been owners with Bluegreen since 2003 and have been happy with them until this presentation. While staying at Club 36 in Las Vegas in Sept 2019, we went in for a owner presentation. We asked about how to bank some points and were told we would need to upgrade and buy 15000 points and our points would be banked at a 6 to 1 ratio (we would get 6 points banked indefinitely for every 1 point banked). We declined. Then the offer changed to bank them at 6 to 1 with a purchase of 5000 points and we would be able to bank the points and use them within 14 days at some "great" additional locations. (Which they showed us on the computer).

They also were telling us about other great benefits of this upgrade, we asked to see in writing. They didn't have any more literature on that, but would send us the literature and books on Monday. We were told that books and other information would be mailed to us because they didn't have them on the weekend. The books were to explain in greater detail other parts of the upgrade. We were also told if we were not satisfied we could cancel within 30 days. (Should have recorded it all.) After 8 hours we consented and were directed how to answer the recorded interview questions.

At 2 weeks, we attempted to bank the points and were told "No" you can't bank those 35000 points. (The exact same points we had been talking to them for 8 hours about and going over on the computer, we met with 6 different people that day). We found out that the place we were looking at to stay in NYC did not require an upgrade despite them showing us it did. (They had to show us this on special computer, we asked to see it and how it worked on our laptop and was told that we couldn't see it, required their special program that we would get access to later).

We began the phone calls to cancel 2 weeks after the meeting. I had requested authorization of another contact person on the account, initially they declined if that person wasn't on the deed. Then consented and assured us of the additional authorized contact persons. Eventually, they claimed person wasn't authorized contact person. We received letter from Bluegreen indicating the paperwork sent to Florida didn't arrive (with our information) and we could buy their credit monitoring service.

We have called many times over the last several months and been unable to speak with our assigned agent from customer care management team. Even sent emails requesting specific date and time to get refunded and stop charges and adjust maintenance fees. Spoke with another agent and have transcript of call saying contract would be cancelled and monies refunded, maintenance fees adjusted and nothing more needed done. Then the assigned agent calls, which we couldn't pick up, we called back and began a game of tag. Called multiple times and have not been able to speak with her.

Las Vegas sales manager called and denies everything now on their end. The promised information has not been received, The maintenance fees are not adjusted, Promised refund not made. No contact from Owner services or customer care. Upgrade information does not show up on online account. NOTHING promised has been delivered. In summary, have been happy with service until this time, Vegas sales department is deceptive and deceitful, don't waste your time with them (as we did). Very dissatisfied longterm owner, If they will treat longterm owners this way, they will definitely be deceitful, deceptive and dishonest with others.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I came to do business through an offer in which I had a year to utilize the vacation package I was offered and paid for. Due to circumstances that I relayed to the representative I was unable to take it within their time frame and was offered the option to extend. I was told they'd be in touch and they never called back except to inform me that my original vacation was now expired, null and void but I could of course purchase another vacation from them at a significant additional cost for a reduction in property. I kindly explained that I was told I could extend the timeline to which they simply stated I was out of luck but welcome to buy their new package. You'll receive multiple sales calls but apparently they're unwilling to honor the original package you pay for. Be very careful in reading the fine print and you're far better off going with a more reputable company.

Bluegreen Corp. expert review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Bluegreen is a company that specializes in timeshares and adventure vacations, and it was founded in 1966. The company caters to more than 175,000 owners and is headquartered in Boca Raton, FL. The company features a deeded timeshare program with timeshare locations across the United States and Caribbean.

• Conveniently located: Bluegreen Corp. features timeshare properties across the United States, which makes them easy to access for customers across America.

• Bluegreen Vacation Points system: The company offers customers a points system, and they can access different resorts by accumulating more points. These points can also be exchanged with RCI properties.

• Adventures available: Representatives from Bluegreen Corp. can help customers find and book fun adventures and excursions during the time they use their timeshare.

• Gift card perks: The company gives customers who book a Bluegreen Getaway a 75 dollar Visa Reward Card as an added perk.

• Getaway deals: Bluegreen Corp. offers customers regular deals, with two to five night getaways at properties across the country that cost only 149 dollars.

• Best for: People who want a luxury vacation property, large families, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with disposable income.

Profile picture of Lisa Ann Schreier
      Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Bluegreen Corp. Company Information