Bluegreen Corp.

Compare Timeshares

Research top Timeshares recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

While in a bass pro store I was stopped by a bluegreen rep telling me about the fabulous resorts bluegreen has and that if I was willing to sit in on a 1.5 hr presentation I can get three nights in one of the towns they have a resort plus $125.00 in bass pro givecards. I was not really interested but was swayed to sign-up for the locations being offered for the free stay (plus the 125 in BP giftcards). I selected Savannah GA for mid oct 2016. The hotel we stayed at was actually very nice, no complaints at all and was in the Savannah historical district. On the day of the presentation we attended the 1.5 hr meeting was more like 3 hr. I have worked for over 30+ years at topnotch companies that Bluegreen can blow away on their presentations. They do a great job even if you have 100% of no intent on purchasing a unit.

After about an hr of trying to convince me and me holding pat they told me about a "trial" package that I think was 9000 pts that would give me some time at their resorts where they were sure I would change my mind and then go for the actual "big" purchase. The price appeared to be good, I think it was a little over $700.00 with my thinking being that at worst case I would spend some time at a high quality resort for 4-7nights. Prior to going for this trial I asked about availability and was told that in the main season it might be tough to book a room but off season I should have no problem at most locations. This sold me since I would try the trial in the "off season" since I know there would be a slim to no chance of getting a room at a place like savannah, new orleans, etc.

A few days ago (2/10/17) I had my wife call to make reservations for their hershey (PA) location. She was told they are all booked up and really I need to make the reservation 5 months in advance. I was really upset and called again later that evening. I was told that that's spring break thus the reason why no rooms were available. Totally BS, told the lady there is no way Hershey PA is booked due to spring break. I was also told that I should have booked this months ago. I informed her I got the package end of october, and had to wait 30 days for it to be "activated" plus it expires 1 yr (nov 2017).

I asked for my money back saying that it appears Bluegreen was going to get my $$ anyway they could. I did not go for the "main" package but was stupid enough to get fooled by this "trial" package. After complaining for a few minutes about what a scam bluegreen is she "found" a room in hershey in April for me. I had to book it just so I don't lose out on 100% of my fee. I will try to see if I can book the remaining points some time by the expiration date of nov 2017 but don't hold out hope.

BOTTOM LINE IS PLEASE! PLEASE! Don't believe and DON'T TRUST Bluegreen, their salesmen are good, they seem like nice people, like somebody you would consider a friend. DON'T get fooled, THEY WILL scam you as they did me and I am sure many others. TOO LATE FOR ME, but please consider NOT buying in to Bluegreen, As a reference please review the many websites where BLUEGREEN owners voice their complaints. I should have paid attention to these websites. You have to ask yourself, WHY WOULD bluegreen owners have 100's of complaints on the various websites. BLUEGREEN at their meetings tells you how they are highly rated, how they run a class organization (I do agree on the presentation they are hard to beat). If this is true WHY SO MANY bluegreen "owners" are so unhappy with choosing Bluegreen. PLEASE - STAY AWAY FROM BLUEGREEN.

I purchased a Bluegreen Vacation Club Sampler this year during Orlando timeshare presentation. I decided that the package wasn't the best for me so I sent a cancellation letter to corporate via priority mail (the first one sent via regular post mail was not received). From the reviews I have read, I expected this process to be exhausting and unpleasant. However to my dismay, It wasn't. I sent my second letter on Saturday via priority mail (requiring signature for delivery), the letter was processed and on their system by Tuesday. I just received a credit to my account of the full purchased price. All the representative I spoke to during this process have been kind and informative. Hope this brings some encouragement to someone that thinks this process will be overwhelming.

The biggest scam I have ever experienced. They give you a list of hotel and resorts and they tell you you can choose any of them. The truth is none available when you call to make reservation and they pick a 3 star motel-like destination for you in a take it or leave it attitude. Check in at 4:00 pm and check out at 10:00 am. If you pay for your own vacation, it would cost you the same, but at least you can choose your resort and more importantly your time of travel. I spent an entire day calling to explain that this is not what I was told, but they don't care. On top of that, they think they can sell me timeshare. What a bunch of unethical scammers.

Against my better judgement I agreed to timeshare spiel for weekend getaway under the conditions I could change my mind and get my money back. They will say what they need to to make sale and when you agree at the end of conversation all that was said during conversation goes out the window. I will NOT go and they call me several times a day from different locations so I can't block them. DO NOT FALL for it!!! They will never leave you alone!!!

Scene 1: I filled out a contest form at the movie theatre - who doesn't? A free cruise? Sure! Scene 2: I got a call a couple days ago from a number in Georgia, but I was at work (I'm a teacher...) and I couldn't pick up. Scene 3: Today I got a call from the same number, and it happened to be my prep period. Out of curiosity, I picked up. I got this whole spiel about how I'm a finalist in this BlueGreen contest, blah blah blah. I'd won a land vacation at one of these awesome locations and I'd have to sit through the presentation and then I'd be entered to win a 4-day cruise, and the only thing we'd be responsible for paying is transportation to the locations, but accommodations would be included.

So he's reading this script - which I think he was frustrated that I kept interrupting with questions - and trying to be all cheerful. I ask if this information could be mailed to me, and he's all, "Sure! I'm getting to that next!" So I listen, and all I have to do is pay a fee of like, $140 per person, and they'd mail me my stuff. STOP. Any time a person who calls me asks for my credit card over the phone, I stop them right there. Red Flag #1. I asked him if I could call him back because I'd like to talk to my spouse about this kind of decision. He stumbled and said "Uhhh... for a good 10 seconds." The computer makes the call for me, so I'm not really sure how you would do that." I said, "There's not a phone number for where you are?" He affirmed that no, there isn't a phone number he's aware of. Red Flag #2. He went on about how because there was a limited time and limited offers he'd have to take my information now. He needs it right right now. Red Flag #3.

I informed him that actually, I'd received a call just a couple of days ago from them, so I was certain that it was not, in fact, quite that limited, and that if my phone number popped up again, I'd be more prepared and might actually take them up on their offer. But today, randomly, during my work day, no I will not be giving out my credit card to strangers. I thanked him for his time and hung up, I'm pretty sure while he was saying something else. I will accept no bologna from these people. I promptly Googled them after I hung up, and wouldn't you know it? Everyone is saying the same thing. Stay away from this company and do not accept anything they tell you. They are scammers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

This review is for anyone considering to sign up for Bluegreen Timeshare. DO NOT DO IT! Save yourself for thousands of dollars that you will never see again! They will rip you off and keep charging you and you will not be able to ever use the units when you want. I owned my timeshare, I was a PLATINUM owner, and what they don't tell you is that the maintenance fees keep getting higher every year and even though you own it, they continue to charge you. I was not able to reserve units when I wanted to use them and I was told to keep trying, keep upgrading. DO NOT make the same mistake I did when I was young and a newly married girl from Michigan. I have wasted thousands of dollars and paid it off, to discover, my maintenance fees were almost $3000 a year. I was not able to use it and I owned it. DO NOT SIGN UP! THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY and you will be left with NOTHING!

I entered the sweepstakes before Christmas and they have been calling ever since. I finally took time to speak with somebody and 5 minutes in, I can pick up the sales pitch. They congratulated me for winning and blah blah blah let me have your cc info. They became pushy about it when I started asking questions about the company and transferred me to another person who seemed a little aggressive on the phone when I questioned. Anyways, I led him on for a minute then hung up! He called back 4 times!!! SCAM ALERT!!!

With a combined 50 years in the travel industry my wife and I were still... taken. The initial call with Blue Green Vacations offered a stay at a destination we had already planned to go and, at a price that was unbelievable. Unbelievable, so I asked two very pointed questions. Will we be staying at the resort - the answer was yes. How much time will we spend at the sales presentation - the answer was "about 2 hours". At a resort in Charleston for a song and my only obligation a 2 hours sales pitch... I'm good with this, so I paid. When we chose our dates, we called to reserve our stay. We were offered a motel 20 miles away from the resort and the Yelp reviews ranged from unkind to horrible (with a few exceptions).

I called immediately for a refund due to misrepresentation and... the "boiler plate" answers, comebacks and defense mechanisms flowed as expected. The phone call is scripted, "we are sure you were advised..." "We are so sorry but, you are out of your refund period"... and, of course... "However, we can offer you an upgrade". No two ways about it. This is a scam. A well-done scam where the representatives are professional, courteous and attentive but, a scam all the same. Buyer Beware.

My husband put his name in for a drawing at the mall - wouldn't it be nice to win a vacation. I get the call and let them give me the information about where all we can go... then, we get to the money part. I kept waiting for the catch and there it was. We were selected, but we had to pay $276 for 2 vacations and promise to sit through a presentation on the one vacation. Well, with Christmas just passed and other bills coming in, I didn't want to spend the money to commit over the phone AND I have heard of these types of things being scams.

I asked that everything be mailed to me to look over and then I would pay if I could at that time. She couldn't do that, so I was transferred to someone else that kept talking over me and kept sweetening the pot - I could even put my payment on file for them to bill later. I didn't bite, and she asked to speak to my husband who is at work... so she hung up on me. No "sorry this isn't going to work" or "thank you for your time". Very rude and a waste of time.

I received a call from a Bluegreen rep saying I had won a sweepstakes I entered at a local mall. The prize was a land vacation and a cruise. We went through all the details and it sounded great until the girl informed me that there was a "reservation fee" of $138 per person that needed to be paid immediately. I asked if I could call back after discussing with my husband and explained that we have a young daughter so I am not currently working and would need to consult with him first as he would be paying. She said I couldn't call back or I would be disqualified so I agreed to send him a text. I went to do so and accidentally ended the call.

The same girl called back right away and when I answered the phone I didn't say anything immediately because I heard her talking to someone else. She said, "How does this girl have a baby and no money?" speaking about me presumably to one of her scam artist coworkers. When I said "Hello?" her tone switched from ** teenager back to delightful salesperson to inform me we had been disconnected. I hung up without saying anything and will not be calling back.

OK, I'm puzzled to say the least. So my story starts at the Sunrise Mall. Long story, no story, my buddy and I entered a sweepstakes to win a car, didn't win the car. Anyway got a call like 6 months later, some guy telling me I won a vacation and a cruise but it would cost me $276. I was skeptical but was planning a Vegas trip anyway and needed somewhere within my budget to stay. So I bit, the best part is my buddy got to join me cause you can bring 2 guests. So basically they try to get you to buy a timeshare which is cool but we couldn't afford it lol, so we sat through this 2 hour pitch, cracked jokes the whole time then got handed a $200 Visa restaurant gift card thing and 2 Carnival Cruise voucher tickets. Basically I paid less than $140 for my wife and I and my buddy and his wife came and we just split the cost.

Cruise scheduled for March with the wife, can't wait! I don't know why everyone is so sensitive. We had a blast, yeah it's a sales pitch to try and sell you a timeshare, this is America and that's called marketing. I'm about to do this for all my vacations haha, 2 hours of my day for a dirt cheap Vegas trip and a Carnival Cruise, really can't be beat.

Just checked into building three, suite 334 and I wish I could attach a photo of the room. I honestly thought my extremely creative friends were linking me. The stinking sofa in main living area is degraded, torn, ripped and otherwise cosmetically and functionally obsolete. Exhaust fan in bat sounds like a mower and hanging from ceiling. Feel Embarrassed (I have business guest), insulted (they call them maintenance fees) and taken (not receiving a fair and reasonable product for the investment I've made). Want out ASAP.

We became members in June of 2016. Won a thing, listen to the 2 hour (try 4) presentation, collect on your fabulous prizes worth hundreds of dollars. We felt we could try the lowest bundle: 6000 every other year. Just short of $10,000 invested now because at the "learn how to make your membership work for you orientation" we saw we could 'move up' to 6000 every year and be rewarded 4000 additional points. So now we are sitting pretty with 13,000 points for our first year. This should give us one awesome vacation at least, right? Treated like royalty, everything in the 'condos, villas, or town homes' beautifully maintained and perfect?

Not so much. First my husband started coughing up over $350 in fees associated with our free vouchers and gifts because of expiration extension and costs to activate. We now have this $5000 debt hanging over us that we put on the Bluegreen credit card that had 0% interest for 6 mos. AND we just paid our 1st year's maintenance fees and it hasn't even been a year yet. The first 6 months was free. The maintenance and resort fees cost was never clear until signing the papers; and the points earned on the card was going to take care of them. Over the holidays we traveled to Missouri to enjoy our fabulous amenities that we have already invested almost $15000 to enjoy.

The experience was horrible. A very badly maintained basement 1 bedroom was assigned: it stunk, wasn't cleaned properly, pipes screeched when taking a shower, toilet flushed poorly, busted door, AND the communication between the Bluegreen portion and the actual Big Cedar resort was poor. First day my husband went on a two hour trip for milk, was redirected 3 times and we still had to leave the resort to go get the milk! We felt like 3rd class citizens at the place that obviously didn't honor the partnership with Bluegreen in the luxurious way that it advertises. If a class action suit is ever brought against this company, I would totally join.

I was buying my wife some clothes for her birthday when I got stopped by a sales rep from Bluegreen called Ryan in the orlando premium outlet. He assured me I could take my vacation with 3 years to travel with no blackout dates, hotel and cruise for only $149. Asked him about the taxes for the cruise. He told me 40$ total. Then when I was over the phone the reservation office told me it was over 200 per person. Then I tried to get my money back and I couldn't because he made me buy a giftcard that I threw away because he told me it was empty. Please be advised and check the real prices with the other companies and beware of this company and their lying sales rep who will do anything to get you sold!

DO NOT get caught up by paying for a weekend you will never get! Customer service provides NO CUSTOMER SERVICE at all. I called on 4 different occasions to make a reservation and was first told to call months later to check availability since my request was 6 months in the future! I then called in December to make reservations for either Feb or May dates. Was told by Carlos I would receive a response in 24-48 hours. NO REPLY. Called again a week later submitting the same request for dates in Feb or May. Was told by Shanice I would get a reply. Was even provided her phone number. NO REPLY. Called her after a week, due to the holidays. Left a voice message. NO REPLY!

Called a 3rd time requesting the same dates, spoke with Shelove (?) explained this was the 3rd time. She checked and then informed me none of the 5 individual weeks I requested were available. I then said "I want a refund." Shelove then transfers me to Sadia who has nothing to do with refunds, and she then transfers me to Zack.

In the end Zack tells me there is no availability but that I am put on a waitlist with the Tradewinds, where I have been requesting to stay. I asked who he spoke with at the Tradewinds and the number he called. HE LIED ON WHO HE SPOKE WITH. HE SPOKE WITH THE BLUEGREEN WELCOME CENTER, NOT DIRECTLY WITH TRADEWINDS! Although I have been attempting to make reservations since 2 weeks after purchasing the "deal" BlueGreen will not refund my money because the 30 day out clause has expired. Be Aware folks. Hold on to your money!

My husband and I attended one of their spiels. We weren't going to buy anything. Fast forward a few years and we have to! We love Bluegreen. Service is excellent and we never felt pressured into anything. We paid attention, knew what our costs would be (they do explain it all to you) and have never had a negative experience. We have done planned trips and spur of the moment trips. The resorts are amazing and the accommodations are beautiful. Headed to Las Vegas next month for a work trip and plan on staying at our resort there. If you are paying attention, nothing that comes up will surprise you.

I received a call about this great opportunity. 3 free vacations if I attend one sales pitch. It would only cost me 150$. I was sucked in by the sales pitch and after a couple days I realized this was not for me. I followed the cancellation policy and it's been over 2 months and I have still not been refunded. I have reached out 3 times now. As of right now this is all a HUGE scam!!!

Masquerade as "tour info" giving away "free tickets" to local attractions and tours in a high-traffic tourist area. Instead what I got was a high-pressure sales pitch to attend a BlueGreen sales presentation for a "100% refundable" $20 deposit, then get "certificates" which supposedly can be exchanged for tour tickets. So, you want me to give you $20 so you can try to sell me a timeshare? Seriously? I can't even believe I wasted my time listening to the guy before he got to the $20 "deposit" part.

When I told him I was not interested, the once-friendly salesman grew a scowl and barked an extremely sarcastic "Merry Christmas" as I walked away. ADVICE TO SALESMAN: Look, bud, it isn't my fault you took a job working for a company that uses these ethically-questionable sales tactics. Get a real job and stop being a scumbag. I don't know what kind of life choices led you to working for this outfit, but you can do better.

If you wanna buy the package and be disqualified, then lose the package, you can try buy a Bluegreen package. Bluegreen always updates its qualifications and other policies, then disqualified the customers. They are fraud. One of their workers is the example. He is named Conner from Bluegreen customer service, ext. I doubt the information the worker provided was fake, because he was not willing to provide his last name. As well as I cannot believe any person from Bluegreen. Also when buying this package, the services are totally unclear. Customers are only arranged an Bluegreen promotion presentation, other services are totally unknown. The Bluegreen workers just told you perhaps you can do this, perhaps you can do that... DO NOT BUY Bluegreen.

I received a call from one of their representatives a week before Thanksgiving and she explained that I had the opportunity to receive a fantastic vacation package because I had opened a member account with Choice Hotels and stayed in one for work the previous month. I successfully made it through the vetting process (I made over a certain amount annually so that was one point to prove my credibility of being able to follow through with payment of the package) and put a deposit down to save the offer. I did not choose a destination because of work restraints, but it was ensured that I could choose to do so at any time throughout the next year before it expired, very flexible.

Fast forward a couple of weeks, and I checked this website for reviews of their own credibility. A few people have very positive reviews, while many gave not so positive reviews thinking it was a scam and that they received terrible service while backing out or staying at their destination. I'm here to say that I did back out within the 30 day window (today) and received very courteous service while doing so. It took all of 12 whole minutes and three representatives to get my refund of $279.00 back.

I have nothing negative to say about my experience. I wish I could participate, but my work schedule for the next year is very unpredictable and I am unable to follow through with a vacation like this, even if it is only a couple hundred dollars. They even offered to extend the deadline by a year, which was nice, but my mind was already made up. I'm here to say that I had a pleasant experience and to treat those on the other side of the phone with respect, and maybe it won't seem like as much of a fight if you're asking for a refund, because there seems to be a lot of reviews like that that jump to a conclusion and say it's a scam or they get their credit card company involved.

My mother has had a Bluegreen timeshare for years. Last year after the birth of my daughter, she convinced me to sign up so I could use her points to take family vacations. I point blank asked my mom and the woman in charge of the paperwork if I would be financially responsible for anything, they both said no. A year later my mother unfortunately passed away due to an aggressive form of cancer. I received a notice in the mail that I am being sent to collections for an unpaid mortgage. My mother also received this notice. When I called the company to inquire, I was informed that I actually signed a contract to be considered an owner. An unbreakable contract for the next ten years. I was not informed of any of this at the time of the contract. There is no way to transfer the properties or sell it unless it is paid up to date.

Unfortunately I simply do not make enough money to pay this. If I did, I would get it up to date and sell it. The company has been very unhelpful and unsympathetic, especially their mortgage solutions rep named Theresa. I have contacted my mother's attorney and am currently in the process of figuring out what to do before this ruins my credit forever. What was supposed to be a gift turned out to be a giant curse.

They are like a cable or satellite company with so many hidden cost at every trip you take! When other regular motels (even 5 star to 3 star)/hotels already offer with the stay!! As a owner you always have to pay extra for everything! No continental breakfast, no free bus rides to attraction parks, no passes to their attraction they offer on their property even! No different than someone off the street!! Only way to get any perks is to spend part of your vacation sitting in a meeting (stressing about money) they always try to sell you more points instead of answering questions you may have (so they give you a ride to more debt and frustration!

When I am at 1 of their facility (hotel/ motel) of there's you can talk to others there, and they feel the same way! They are very unhappy!! I wish I would of seen a review before we did this! SO MY ADVICE DON'T DO IT! Like the saying goes if it sounds too good to be true it usually is!! This is 1 of those times! I am warning you!! As a owner for 4 years!!! DON'T do it! You will regret it and if not canceled in time you will be stuck!! No matter what your income does!!!

I get a phone call from Bluegreen, little do they know that my wife received a call from them last week so I already knew what this was all about, and then after reading all the reviews how this company is just a big, slimy slug, so I let the representative from BG talk about how I won a FREE trip and a cruise for two, blah, blah, blah, once he was done talking I told him that "I don't have the time for this 'FREE' trip and since Christmas is a week from now, and I'm feeling very JOLLY, I would like for you to take the trip on my behalf." It got silent for about 3 to 4 seconds and then the REP hanged up on me, LMAO. Merry Christmas everyone,:).

BLUEGREEN COMPANY SWEEPSTAKES IS A SCAM. That company and its supposed "sweepstakes" are a SCAM. One of its representatives tried to fooled me, but he couldn't. He told me I had won a stay at one of their facilities and a cruise trip for two people. Later, he asked me several questions, including what my annual income was. When it came out that my annual income is less than $50,000, he told me that I was disqualified. Obviously, what that representative was looking for was to sell me a stay at one of his hotels and a cruise trip, and there was never any intention of him to give me a prize. Maybe his intention was to take my personal information to commit a fraud. I advise people not to believe in representatives of companies like that one, whose purpose is to get richer by cheating people.

After speaking with Choice Hotels, I was put to Bluegreen. The timeshare company offered me a 4 day 3 night package for $199. Upon completion of the timeshare sales promotion we would receive a $150 MasterCard thereby making the trip $49 plus taxes. I purchased the package but then decided against it. I called two days later to cancel. The staff was very pleasant, understanding and gave me a full refund of my $199. I am pleased with their service.

I received a "Vacation getaway package Acceptance Form" from Linda ** to stay at the Trade Winds Resort for 4 days 3 nights for $149.00, included $100 RV, Champagne & strawberries and breakfast for 2. Linda was not available at the Rum Fish to help me with paperwork so a woman named Lisa said she could help. She helped bury me. She took the paper I showed her and tore it up in front of me... Ugghh. Then stating it was because she could give me a better deal if I could attend a 2 hr. showing the following Monday 3/7/2016. I explained that I had just had 5 brain surgeries and neck surgery and had no money for I lived on Disability. She then promised 3 days at TW + 7 days at Biltmore Condo beachside to take her deal. I paid the $149.00, attended the showing, and my life ended that day. I explained over & over that I needed help. I did not have any money.

Still 4 to 5 people at a time would badger me for a credit card and bank info (just in case I changed my mind). 3 days in they had taken almost $2,000 from my cards. I wrote a letter called several people up to management level (I have all names & #'s) and they refused to take me off their list and return my money. So now they have destroyed my credit and my good name. It has been a nightmare. Please do not allow these people to take one dime from you. They are not what & who they say they are. Now they are refusing to honor the Packet that I paid up front. What a scam! Even their own people have tried to help me because they agree what they did to me was horrible. I even called all the way up to Shelby ** @ 727-360-1120 ext # **. Of course she won't even return my calls. So now all I can do is lay down and die! Thanks BG. You took what 5 surgeons saved me from & destroyed me in 1 afternoon.

I get a call from a customer rep for Bluegreen Properties telling me my name was drawn from a box at a local mall and I had won a Disney Trip. So they email me the information and I'm still a little confused, so I email her back with questions to which I never received a response. Three weeks later I get another call and as she starts explaining everything I "won" she informs me I have 3 trips and all it will cost me is $149. Then she switches me over to her supervisor whom with great enthusiasm begins to describe all I will receive. Then drops the bombshell that all this will only cost me $249 "and not a penny more" and I have to give them 2 hours of my time to tour a timeshare. Ummm WHAT?

When I informed her it was just too close to Christmas for me to do this, she continued to say..."But, it's a great gift." I again told her "I'm sorry and couldn't take advantage of this right now." Her whole tone completely changed and she rudely told me..."Well that's just great. Have a good night" and hung up on me. WOW! Great customer service "Supervisor". After seeing all the horrible reviews of this company I am glad I didn't take the bait. PLEASE DON'T TAKE THE BAIT!

I was sold a 3day/2night vacation by them for $149, which a $50 Visa gift card was given to me right away in order to win me over for the $149 purchase. First off my travel dates were confirmed for the wrong dates. I had to end up taking off work a day earlier, which I wasn't scheduled, nor prepared for in order to make check-in time for this trip. This was the first red flag.

Long story short, I finally take the trip to Myrtle Beach for my 3/2 night stay, in which I have to attend a presentation by them on Saturday morning. So arrive Thursday (wrong day). I stop at BG to pick up my information for where I will be staying, which ended up being Ocean Creek Resort. Why they call it a resort I have no idea!!! So I assume I'm staying in the towers which seem to look decent. But then I find out I will be a "condo" on the property. Second red flag. So when I finally find the "condo" and open the door I was so disappointed!! It smelled like an old house that had been locked up for 20 years! Then, the whole inside looked like the set of 'Three's Company!!!' Nothing looked up to date!! Third red flag.

Used the bathroom, went to flush and it stopped up on me!! Although there were two toilets, the other one was skeptical as well. Called the office and he moved me to another room, but I had to go get the new key. So I gather my stuff and back to the car. Drive. Got new key. Come to new room. Key doesn't work, but the lights were on in the room??? Drive back to the office. He gives me another key. Drive back up. Go to new room. Now this one is 'Three's Company' 2.0. Went from mid 70's to early 80's. Still disappointed. By this time it's about 9 p.m. so I tell my Daughter we will just stay the night.

So I called BG in the morning and asked them did they have any other places they could move me to. They said being that I was moved to another room, I should be good. And that there were no availabilities. Like I told them bad plumbing is something throughout the whole building, not just in the one room. Sure enough the next room toilets weren't any better. Another red flag.

Being that we drove 3.5 hours to the Beach it made no sense to turn around. So in the morning I get up and make reservations at Wayfarer in Myrtle Beach right at the beach. Because Ocean Creek was 20 minutes from the beach and activities. And it turns out they also do timeshares themselves. The rooms were much better. They were updated and overlooking the Beach. I would pick a timeshare here before Bluegreen!!!

So that was MY TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH BLUEGREEN VACATIONS!! I see they have are reset right down the street that isn't booked. Smh. They want to put you in the terrible ones instead of the nice ones. How are you going to see me on something with that logic?? So basically, nothing was free! Lol. I ended up paying for a vacation anyway!!!

We purchased a Bluegreen vacation package in September, I bought it because of the hotel discounts with Choice Hotels they promised. First initial group sale the man said if you're a Choice member you don't pay for hotels. Then when we Sat at the table we found that's if you use your points but it's 50% off hotels and I still get my Choice privileges points, and the manager at the table said "we say at least 50% off so when you get more than that you're even happier". Like I said I bought because of this fact, the savings on hotel alone for myself would pay for this package since I spend around $10000 a year in hotel costs, $5000 in savings. This was a no-brainer.

In s.c. you have 5 days to rescind but 30-45 days before our membership was active to use we obviously couldn't cancel. When I tried use my 'benefit' I found that not only it wasn't 50% off but no discount at all. After several calls and various explanations I'm told it's only 10% off not 50% so I called the hotel directly to get room rates giving them no membership of any kind and wouldn't you know it, the same exact rate as "my discount".

After another call to them I had this robot Lamar keep repeating "it's a 10% discount sir" as I'm talking to him explaining there was none. So then I was told that I need to call Choice Hotel and tell them I'm an owner to get discount which I did the first time so I talked to Choice Hotel's member service to where they told me... get this... there is no discount on hotels with them for owning Bluegreen. Needless to say I've been lied to and scammed and I am getting an attorney and maybe more of you on this site complaining will do the same. I'm also contacting the attorney general in s.c. to report deceitful sales practices this company perpetuates.

Where do I begin? First, the initial cost DOES NOT cover the 3 day/2 night stay as there are taxes and "fees" involved, the amounts of which they do not tell you until AFTER you confirm your stay. Second, when I called to get information, I got an email two days later "confirming my stay" that I never made. Third, when I called to question this, "Tiffany" was very deceptive and would not answer any question of substance, including what city I even be staying in! She transferred me to "Michael" who was condescending and also non-helpful.

I cannot believe any place of repute would demand a confirmation commitment and then want me to CALL THEM BACK 14 days before my arrival date to find out where I would be staying. The only piece of solid information I got from Michael was that for my 3/2 stay, it would definitely NOT be at any of their properties or hotels that they have photos of on the website. Rather, my wife and I would be staying at a "contracted partner lodging location within a 20 minute drive of the presentation center". RED LIGHT!

I then started investigating. I am FAR from the only person with a bad experience with these jackals. Bad properties, bad amenities, and bad service are just the tip of the iceberg of printed complaints. When I asked for my money back, I was told I was "outside the time constraints" to ask for a refund. If they refuse to refund my money, the least I am going to do is post my experience on every review site I can find to help others from being ripped off. Shame on you, Bluegreen. I hope you sleep well knowing that you screw people whenever you can. DO NOT go here for your vacation time planning. You will have a better time and get more value from a reputable hotel chain.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Bluegreen is a company that specializes in timeshares and adventure vacations, and it was founded in 1966. The company caters to more than 175,000 owners and is headquartered in Boca Raton, FL. The company features a deeded timeshare program with timeshare locations across the United States and Caribbean.

• Conveniently located: Bluegreen Corp. features timeshare properties across the United States, which makes them easy to access for customers across America.
  • Bluegreen Vacation Points system: The company offers customers a points system, and they can access different resorts by accumulating more points. These points can also be exchanged with RCI properties.
  • Adventures available: Representatives from Bluegreen Corp. can help customers find and book fun adventures and excursions during the time they use their timeshare.
  • Gift card perks: The company gives customers who book a Bluegreen Getaway a 75 dollar Visa Reward Card as an added perk.
  • Getaway deals: Bluegreen Corp. offers customers regular deals, with two to five night getaways at properties across the country that cost only 149 dollars.
  • Best for People who want a luxury vacation property, large families, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with disposable income.

Compare Timeshares