1.60/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Discover a great timeshare now

589 Bluegreen Corp. Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 31, 2019

I entered a mall contest for a new car and won a 3 day, 2 night stay vacation for free plus offered free gifts. We went, sat through the 2 hour presentation and bought a $1000 sampler package. That was 12 years ago. We have been in so many wonderful vacations from Michigan to Florida. Yes, it's a point system, so it's first come, first serve.

You have to be smart and book vacation early or you will have a difficult time getting something within a short window time. We only bought the small $7000 package after our sampler ran out, but they serves us well. In October I booked a 2 bedroom chalet for my husband and I and my mom for Gatlinburg, which is our favorite city, for 4 nights/5 days for end of April. I also have a one bedroom deluxe for August with 2 of our grandkids for 5 nights/6 days. All resorts we stay in have full kitchens, washer and dryer, fireplaces, most have balconies. Staff are always wonderful. Our yearly maintenance started in the $575 range and we have paid $679 the past few years. So this year we are going for 9 nights total for the cost of our yearly maintenance of $679.

Four years ago, I took my sister's family of six and my family of five and we stayed at a 3 bedroom combined chalet which had the 3 bedrooms, two queen sofa beds, 3 bathrooms, 2 full kitchens, 3 balconies, 2 washers, 2 dryers, 2 living rooms and 2 fireplaces. I booked this trip 11 months in advance, had no problem getting the exact week and place I wanted on that property. We went in the mountains and explored, went go carting, putt-putt golf, chair lift to top of mountain. I brought my crockpot and put a large roast one day and when we got back from our day's adventure, my sister made homemade gravy from the roast, the 3 kids (ages 5-14), set the table, but our dinner rolls.

Teenagers quickly made a large salad, I made the mashed potatoes (yes instant, but tasty and quick) and steamed some vegetables. Within 15 minutes all 11 of us were eating a meal that cost around $25. I always make waffles in the morning. Having fully stocked kitchens saves so much money. Since I invited my sister and her family, I paid for all the gas, activities and food. I left with $2000 cash, went 3000 miles (2 vehicles) and still came home with $150! We have so many memories and we've been to Florida, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Virginia, Michigan and Tennessee. I can't wait to go to our Massachusetts resort and see whales. Do your homework, learn how your vacation works and use it and you will love it too! We love Bluegreen.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I agreed to signing up for the 4 day 3 night vacation stay for $199, with free cruise, $100 rebate, and some other fine print things. I figured I could deal with a timeshare presentation if I got some perks. After agreeing to it and giving them my credit card number I waited for the email confirmation but did not receive it so I decided to google reviews on this site. They are obviously HORRIBLE reviews! So I called to cancel, expecting a runaround. What I got was an excellent experience. The attendant explained that most people don't understand the details and therefore get mad when it is not what they think they signed up for. She is correct in that people don't read the fine print, but the original sales people do not explain those details clearly.

The problem is that one assumes they are staying at the actual resort for that price, but it is at a regular hotel. It appears that you can pick what hotel if they have availability, so it is not a bad deal to stay for 3 nights for about $150. That's $199 - $100 rebate + taxes. It was never explained to me that if I wanted to stay at the resort there would be an additional fee, which I might have done. The cruise is reasonable perk, but you still pay about $170 per person in taxes and port fees, which you always pay for in addition to the cruise deals you see online, and the daily tip of usually $20 per day per cabin that you also always have to pay for. So the cruise is still a reasonable deal in that it will cost about $440 of the cruise. I have cruised a lot so for me my time is more valuable than saving a few hundred dollars on an inside cabin carnival cruise.

The other thing that most people don't read is that you have to register the certificate with a couple of months even though you have a year to use it, otherwise it is void. And you have to mail in for the rebate, and if they give you a MasterCard to sweeten the deal with 50 -100 on it you have a limited time to use it. The whole timeshare thing is not a good thing, but that is a different issue.

In summary, make sure you are clear on the details, read the fine print, make sure the value you are getting is worth your time, and don't buy a timeshare! But I will say I had no problem cancelling, the customer service person was wonderful and did not try to talk me out of cancelling, and after giving me some of the details the salespeople left out and answering my questions cancelled it on the phone. I also found out that the reason I did not get an email initially is that they had a wrong letter in it. She corrected it and sent me my cancellation verification.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I entered a giveaway for a car and was told I won a vacation. To make this simple I bought what I paid for was $398 up front and what I got was a 4 day 3 night stay at the fountains resort that I had to pay a extra $100 a night if I wanted to stay at the resort so I paid the extra $300 to stay at the resort instead of at a Marriot Hotel like I was told. So that was my choice to pay the extra $300 and I got a 3Bd Villa with full kitchen 2 bath and washer and dryer. It is very nice and clean. I also got for the original $398 a 3 day 2 night stay at a Bluegreen location of my choice and a 8 day 7 night cruise on any ship any port and any time of year even busy season.

Now the cruise is not free you have port fees and taxes and international taxes and fees. We will have to pay close to a $1000 with the wrist bands to drink alcohol and the taxes. So all in all I paid roughly $1700 with the upgrade to the resort but I got a 4 day 3 night stay at a resort, a 3 day 2 night stay havent used yet and the 7 night cruise for $1700. I cant complain and cant say I got ripped off. The cruise alone would be $1700 all day. Dont let the online prices fool you. You have a bunch of hidden fees and taxes that dont get applied till checkout. The cruise is free but the wrist bands to drink and taxes are not. People have to be realistic nothing is ever free. I did not buy into the timeshare at the preview and they make it sound so good. All in all not bad plus I got $300 of dining dough gift cards to food to top it all off after the preview.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

So far I have had a great experience. I haven't yet gone on my vacation, but that's where the great customer service has already come in. The story - originally I booked my stay in Colonia Williamsburg for the week of 4th of July. I was so excited to be going to the East Coast from Sacramento, CA and cannot even begin to tell you how thrilled I was to hear the reading of the Declaration of Independence on the 4th of July. I'm a bit of an America History geek... unfortunately I was in an accident and could not travel.

My deadline for booking the preview trip was fast approaching - I had until September to book within the year allotted. I figured I would just be out the $298 that I paid. I chalked it up to bad luck - no big deal. When I got my vacation reminder call I explained the situation and here was the great customer service. I was told I could cancel the trip and book something else before the year deadline - ok, that's what I would expect, but when I told them that I wouldn't be able to do that due to having to have used most of my vacation hours at work to recover - they extended my year deadline to one that would work for me and my family. So now I am booked to stay in Peoria, AZ over the Thanksgiving break and am again so excited to see what this company has to offer.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I have been thinking, since around February, that my review would horrible, considering other reviews here and some hiccups along the way, since our first encounter with Bluegreen Vacations. I am pleased to say that it has all worked out. While shopping with my husband, outside Tampa, back in February, we came across a young lady promoting a free cruise and four-day three-night stay at a resort, for $199. This included, that day, a $75 Visa gift card. We were told about the two-hour sales pitch that we both had to attend and promised another $75 GC and a $25 GC ($100) at the time of the meeting. I think we had to book the four-day/three-night within so many days to get the extra $25. The cruise itself was for our choice of either three, four or five days and ANY PORT that Carnival sails from. We didn't do any research, just paid the $199.

The first hiccup was once we booked the "resort" we discovered that it was not at the resort but at Comfort Inn in St. Petersburg. We could however upgrade to the resort and I think if I remember correctly, it would cost about $300. I could be off on that amount. Regardless, it was a nice getaway for, so far, $26. The “resort fee” we had to pay was less than $30 once we got to the Comfort Inn, still a cheap weekend getaway. We went to the sales pitch on the second day. The actual package, if everything they said was true, would have been a great deal, minus the finance charge and the $1800 a year, maintenance fees. We listened to the first pitch then a very nice young man took us on a tour. The “condo” he showed us was nice but not as big or elaborate as the sales pitch eluded to.

Now on to the actual sales tactics. Let me first say, that we had no intention of buying but we do like to hear what they are selling. We are now into our second hour. A second person joins us with the costs. $40,000 to pay over five years. I think the payment was almost $1000 per month. Ridiculous! Next comes the second deal but with the fantastic offer, we would lose something in the deal, but I can’t remember what. It was a little more than half the price but what she failed to mention was it was over ten years to pay, not the original five. She was very unhappy when my husband pointed out that it was the exact same price (to the penny) as the $40,000 deal.

By this time, we were over three hours of our promised two-hour commitment. She wanted to show us another deal and my husband said no, we had done our part but then she “threatened", with a smile, that we would not get our promised cruise. That was when my husband almost lost it, but he calmed down and listened to her very hurried, last spiel. It was very cheap, but only for one year. It was so ridiculous, I can’t remember it exactly. We are finally free, and our cruise certificate is signed off on and in our hands.

Here is the most disappointment I had. I knew the cabin was a 1A, meaning, two twins, one on the wall. When we cruise, we don’t spend a lot of time in the cabin and I knew that we could upgrade. However, when I called the agency that you must book through, Karen, very nice lady, told me that they can’t honor that certificate out of Tampa for the 1A category cabin, but we could do the upgrade and use the certificate for 10% off. I had already done a mock booking and the cost seemed too high from what Carnival’s actual cost would be if I booked myself. I found another and called back and Karen once again, told me that nothing was available. There was one for Jan of 2019 going to the Bahamas, leaving one day after I return from my Bahamas cruise.

We a have been to the Bahamas several times and we really didn’t want to return, especially one day after getting home. Karen did try for the rest of that afternoon to find something for the particular time that I requested but was unsuccessful. After thinking about it over the weekend, I realized that the amount to upgrade was only a little less than $200 because I had not figured in the fees that we already were paying. So, we decided to go ahead and book the original. I called a little while ago and Karen was out for the week but another very nice lady, Phillis, took care of everything.

I can’t speak of the actual vacation plan with Bluegreen but for anyone who is doing this for the free cruise, just give them time. Don’t be belligerent and they will work with you. Right now, our cruise is showing up under my account, fully paid for, so I don’t foresee any problems down the road with that. If so, I will edit my review. In short, the vacation package is too much finance and fees but if you have patience, you can get a couple of cheap vacations for a few hours of your time. Just be sure to ask, are you sure the cruise is from ANY Carnival port. Even the folder that they put our certificate in, has Tampa on it but according to the ladies I worked with, you can only use it with an upgraded cabin.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

Original review: June 17, 2019

We purchased through Bluegreen because we were led to believe that we would enhance another timeshare we had. We were told we would be able to get 10000 points for our other timeshare. Well that was a downright lie. They told us that we could merge our 2 RCI accounts together again -- not the truth. We were given 2 airfare tickets which we were told we just needed to register them and use them within a year from being registered. We even told the salesman that we were planning on going to Hawaii in 2 years. What did we hear....no problem. You don’t even know you have been swindled until go back in 3 months for their orientation. Then they tell you that all you were told was untrue.

I called customer service once because I was frustrated. I wanted to make a formal complaint. I asked when I could expect a call from someone and I was told that I would not because it was not going any further than here. I keep looking to try and book online and can never find anything. We end up going to Boyne Mountain because it’s close to home but is extremely boring. The best advice is to say don’t do it and run.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I have a Vacation Club membership with Marriott... have loved it from start to finish. Was offered a "great deal" to review Bluegreen vacations and had a horrible experience first to last. The first gentleman on the phone grew openly rude when I wanted to check with my wife before paying for a vacation review when we already had one. When I complained a very pleasant girl apologized and offered an even better deal. A two night stay at another hotel and a cruise where we only had to pay taxes. Plus our money back on our trip with cards we could use to buy meals while there equal to what we were paying to go. We went.

Unlike Marriott we couldn't actually stay in their resort without paying extra per night. The accommodations were the places their people made fun of in the presentation. The cards ended up being discounts on a rather thin selection of restaurants with a complicated sign up system. The two hour presentation took three hours and only took that long because we forced our way out... we didn't even get to see the resort.

When trying to use the certificates for our free hotel stay (room taxes only) with a $100 deposit to cover those upfront. It turns out that not a single verbal commitment from Bluegreen was honest. They proved quite limited in possibilities upfront, then when it came down to it... I got "nothing is available" but if you want to use them on a plus accommodation place we can save you $40 on the weekend trip. We asked for our $100 back and the process is long and complicated, receive emails, fill out forms, mail them back, wait for X weeks between each step. We still have the cruise to try and use, but I will say this. I will NEVER recommend or respond to anything from Bluegreen again. The vacations might be nice... can't say, but my every experience with them was a either misleading or an outright lie.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Took a vacation through Bluegreen. My $129 vacation cost more like $400 with hidden fees like "resort fees and taxes". They will also charge you a late cancellation fee if you refuse their hotel choice.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Short version: got suckered on our honeymoon (2006) and bought the Sampler Package. Used the sampler in Branson, which was fine. Upgraded to full package, looked like a great opportunity! Went to Orlando and wound up in a 4 hour meeting, high pressure, multiple people. Bought more "points." We were specifically told we could use our points to stay at the Bay Lake resort on Disney World property. Yeah, no. We were told that there was always great availability! Again, no. If you don't book over a year in advance, there is NO availability for owners. I even began comparing the Bluegreen site availability with the availability as a walk-up at individual properties. There was ALWAYS plenty of room for a walk-up, but since they already have MY money, they don't need to have space for me and my family. I regret all the $$$ we spent. Wish I could get a do-over. Finally free from BG for almost 2 years now! DO NOT BUY!

Original review: May 30, 2019

We purchased a BG timeshare before they were Bluegreen and Mountain Loft villas were just a dream. I wanted to sell but my hubby wouldn't let me. This company has continued to upgrade and deliver throughout the years. They continue to improve their product and offer a great experience for the owners. They make timeshare ownership flexible and rewarding. The one thing I've liked over the years is that it forces us to plan a vacation. Also, I rent out a few nights to cover our maintenance fee 100%. You do need to buy directly from Bluegreen and not a resell if you want to experience all the benefits. When we were disappointed in a secondhand purchase at Laurel Crest, they took it off our hands with no fees or questions asked. There are scam companies out there that offer to help you with fees as high as $5,000.

Original review: May 29, 2019

People get mad when they get pitched to buy something on this. Why do you think they are giving you free stuff? It is because they want you to buy a timeshare and get you to come to a sales pitch. I went to one in Charleston, was put in a nice hotel and given a free cruise as an incentive. Once I went into the sales pitch the sales rep laid it all out. Tried all his sales pitches, and was very nice. Of course it's a little pushy cause they need to make sure you really do not want to do it. But at the end, he mentioned he did not want me to leave signing a timeshare if I had a bad feeling in my gut. At the end of the day, my experience saying no was not bad.

Original review: May 29, 2019

What was supposed to be 90 minutes turned into 3 hours. Very pushy, kept bringing other people in to pressure you. We ended up buying sampler points to get out. They asked us to return to review our sampler. That meeting was supposed to be 45 minutes. It also turned into 3 hours of pressure. We had to just walk out. Tried to use sampler points and found they could only be used at certain resorts and only certain weeks. None of this was disclosed to us at purchase. Now we have points that will expire before we can use them. Never do business with these scammers. My sister bought timeshare with them and found out she can not sell it or even give it away. She is stuck with it for life.

Original review: May 27, 2019

We are in our 70's on a fixed income. I sent a written notification to Bluegreen that we have bills to pay off for my wife's cancer treatment and can no longer pay on the timeshare. They will not take it back. They have a Bluegreen group that has not been able to resale it, and they have a Bluegreen collection agency that keeps harassing us for payments we cannot make. They are trying to destroy our credit and simply could take the timeshare back.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I am currently battling Bluegreen after spending nearly $18,000 on something I cannot use because I cannot book where or when I need to. We were told lies and given false information about the entire membership. I have yet to use my points. The only thing they will tell me is to buy more points because premier will give you advantages over 80% of the other members. This is a scam and you will be paying a high interest rate mortgage for non-real property. Do not believe them when they say you can refinance it. You can't!!!! They refused to help me and ignored my calls and emails. I had to get an attorney. Then they said they could not help me since I have legal representation and to have the attorney contact them.

Bluegreen has yet to return the attorney's calls and demand letters. I have 6 pages worth of complaints regarding the lies they told me. Due to the pending legal action, I will not go into further details, but do stand you ground with them regarding your complaint! Please, if you have issues with Bluegreen, contact the BBB in Florida where Bluegreen is based. Also, contact the consumer protection division at the Attorney General's Office in your state and/or the state where you purchased your package. Bass Pro is suing Bluegreen and is breaking their partnership. Bluegreen stocks have fallen considerably over the past few months. If they file bankruptcy, they will sell your membership to another company or change their name and you will still be obligated to them.

Original review: May 25, 2019

Went to the representation. They offered a packaged deal for 75000, then the representative lowered the amount. We still wasn't interested in spending that type of money on a vacation. Last but not least they had us to fill out a paperwork, not knowing that they were going to run a credit report as if we were buying a home. I ask them would this credit report put a hard inquiry on my credit. They said no, but they lied. And ran the credit report anyway as if we were buying a home. All of this is a scam to get your information. PLEASE BE AWARE OF THESE PEOPLE. THEY ARE NOT HONEST AT ALL!

Original review: May 15, 2019

My wife and I got suckered into signing up for a free cruise for only $200. We were so generous the Bluegreen sales team allowed us to pay $200 more to take another couple with us. Well these free cruises were going to end up costing us close to $900 a couple. Now the FREE cruise for 4 people had a price tag of $2200. We did not find out how much the FREE cruises were going to cost until we had bought into their little vac scheme. My wife and I bought a point system that we thought would allow us to set up family vacations each year.

No matter how many points you buy you must schedule the reserved vac time a minimum of 18 months ahead of your desired dates. While the Bluegreen's sales team was making their pitch (and they are very good at it), they told us we could set up vac reservations easily any time. Not True. Their scheduling tools are not very user friendly and you don’t have much flexibility. We were also told we could use hotel stays (RCI) on the trip from Florida to New York which we make a couple times per year. They neglected to tell us you have to use multiple night stays for this RCI program.

When the sales team was struggling to get us to buy, they brought in what I call the closer, We were shown all kinds of charts and graphs leading us to believe the value of the point purchase was at a low price and the value would go up, showing a nice profit should we desire to sell. Well there is no real way to sell these timeshares at any profit. Currently the market value for our property is at a disappointing value of $.40 on the dollar. We were also told the kids would be able to inherit this vac package and the maint. cost would remain locked in or even could go down slightly. Not true. The kids don’t even get a choice to inherit or refuse the obligations. This company is very good at what they do, mislead the public. I would highly recommend stay away from Bluegreen Timeshares.

Original review: May 13, 2019

We were pressured into purchasing the sampler package after saying ‘No’ several times. After 5 hours we gave in and spent $895 with the promise that the 9000 points would give us up to 3 weeks vacation. Once we got back to our room we opened the catalog to see how many points it would be for 2 one week vacations. One in April and one in September. Guess what? We could only get one week out of the points. I checked South Carolina (where we purchased) law and we had 5 days to cancel. Immediately we sent a certified return receipt to Bluegreen and cancelled. The gentleman at the Post Office said he gets 2-3 of these letter per day. I’m still waiting for my refund on my AMEX, but I just received the Return Receipt back. These salespeople lie right to your face and don’t flinch. I hope this teaches me to less trusting of some people.

Original review: May 5, 2019

We first were told that this was Bass Pro BS. Next we went for our orientation and 6 hrs later we were suckered into a sampler package. This was after telling them no multiple times. Also they threatened us by saying, "If you don't buy something now you are blacklisted for life." The sampler is Limited to where you can go and when. Once there at Myrtle Beach I might as well be in the projects! Nasty rooms, rude workers. The people staying there were loud and very low class. Oh and if you complain they out you and won't speak to the one who complained. This place is one lie after another!! They Also told us you must make no less than 50k with great credit to be here , another lie. They just told us they accept everyone. Oh and once you have the sampler you won't have to go to a consultation. Another lie if you don't 150.00 per person charge!! In the room it was dirty with roaches!

Original review: May 5, 2019

800 dollars poorer. Tried to say no to buying a package many times, but were convinced to buy The Sampler. Then we found out that to use the Sampler during vacation times or summer months, we only had 3 places to choose from, all far away from where we lived (not conducive for a family with kids) - this certainly wasn't included in their sales pitch. We ended up losing our money, and gaining a real hatred for Bluegreen Vacations.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I found Bluegreen through a visit to a Bass Pro store. The gal at the kiosk was nice, professional and informative. We went to our preview and we were treated respectfully and never once pressured into buying. We have been Bluegreen owners ever since and that was back in 2011. We have continued to expand our points and are now Gold members. “No regrets”. We read and asked serious questions so we knew what we were getting into. To me, when I penciled out the numbers, it was a no brainer compared to the $$$ of owning a second home.

I gauged and based my decision on what I “wouldn’t” be paying for over the years and that we wouldn’t be locked into the same place every year. For us having options about where to vacation is paramount. Not paying $150k plus interest on a mortgage, monthly cost of utilities on a place we won’t be staying at monthly, furnishings, upkeep items like roof, A/C, water heater, etc. We have learned that like going to popular places at popular times it’s the same with Bluegreen. You gotta plan ahead if you want to go there. Timeshare ownership isn’t for everyone.

Original review: May 3, 2019

We encountered Bluegreen initially at Bass Pro Shops. They stated and even wrote (on a flyer I still have) that Bluegreen “speaks for itself – Bass Pro!!”. This was the very first lie we were told, and it worked for obvious reasons, Bluegreen might be set-up at Bass Pro, but Bluegreen is not part of nor owned by Bass Pro. From the very start, had we not been misled so seriously thinking this was a Bass Pro “product” we would have never given an iota of time to Bluegreen. We certainly never would have dared to purchase. Bass Pro is reputable with a knack for customer service and a willingness to make things right for its customers; essentially, Bass Pro is everything Bluegreen is not, in all the ways that matter to a consumer!

I would like to point out the things we were told and then misled on, and the lies we were told that had zero truth to them whatsoever. We were told that the timeshare could be passed on to family, children and grandchildren, free vacationing for generations; and it is generations of ownership, but not even close to free, it comes with a cost. If you pass this on, your heirs are held responsible without any choice in the matter by-the-way, you are passing on DEBT, not vacations. If they do not want the timeshare, they still get it and the responsibility regardless.

Family will need to continue paying (and they cannot refuse the timeshare if they don’t want the burdens). As any estate is obliged to pay the debt left behind. The maintenance fees continue and continue on for your loved ones, and the mortgage as well if it has not already been paid in-full (one of ours is paid in-full). Yes, you understood this correctly, if you have paid the entire timeshare off IN-FULL you will eternally still owe the maintenance fees, and speaking of those... Maintenance fees, Bluegreen told us (and from the other reviews I am viewing) they also told others that once this is paid for, the maintenance fees end, and you are left with FREE vacations for lifetimes and generations to come.

We were confidently assured that there are very few increases in these fees and minimal increases when it does happen (which was supposedly a rare occurrence). I have a flyer that I received after my 6/22/14 purchase (dated July 1st) with the maintenance fees listed as $1,085 a year (and dues – yes, dues, yet another charge… $129 yearly). They also claimed that using the Barclays credit card would offset maintenance fees, not even close, and at a 16.99% interest rate. 2014 $1,085. 2016 $1,426+$341 in 2 years (OR $170.50 per year –> 2015 $170.50 + 2016 $170.50 = $341 increase). 2017 $1,487+$61 in 1 year

2018 $1,563+$76 in 1 year.

From 2014-2018 (5 years total) there was a +$478 increase. With a range of $61-$170.50 range of INCREASE possible each year. If my grandchildren were to get this timeshare 20 years from now the maintenance could potentially cost them over $5,000 every year. $5,000 per year to pay our debt for an item they cannot use or book…. as far as booking….

We could not book Wyoming (Jackson Hole); Grand Lake, Oklahoma; Hawaii and multiple other resorts! Of course, Bluegreen told us to upgrade and the extra points would change everything for us! The only thing it changed was the costs. More money, no more booking than before, it seems like less booking availability the more we bought (4/28/15 we purchased more points; an ‘upgrade’). We have lost over $33,000 already to Bluegreen and we have vacationed 20 nights. Since June of 2014 and after $33,000 we have only been able to book 8 times for a total of 20 nights. That is $1,650 PER NIGHT. This cost does not include travel expense, eating expenses, or anything other than a place to sleep. $1,650 per night for Branson, MO 5 times, Nashville, TN once and Las Vegas, NV once.

In reality, the Vegas vacation was only because Bluegreen made certain we could get the booking (4/2015 upgrade purchase) but we had to attend a presentation (even as owners already), so I am not certain we should have to count those 5-nights since it was actually a sales presentation and we were bamboozled once again. Additionally, 2 nights were in Branson, MO, 6/2014 for the original purchase and presentation which is when we purchased the initial timeshare. If you consider that then for more than $33,000, we only had 13-nights we have been able to book. This is the only times we have been able to use this timeshare. As far as renting the timeshare out like they said we could….

We were emailed by Jerry ** of Corporate Event Solutions, he said they could rent the points for $9,000 but when we asked him to elaborate on who he was and his association with Bluegreen he stated that there are 3 parts to Bluegreen, RCI-Bluegreen-Corporate Events (who he works for). As for them telling us we could sell…. in 2016 we listed the timeshare on Pinnacle for sale for a year. We had to pay $39 per contract and we got no offers at all. The original flyer from the initial purchase (I still have it) states any time, any place, any size and lists 7 benefits of my ownership. Number 5 states we can use it, rent it, gift it and will it. I think I have explained how this is not true!

The maintenance fee is listed as $1,085. It says we have 15,000 points yearly. They told us they were part of Bass Pro. We did not have time to look the contract over and were not told what we were really signing, instead we were told something different and believed that was what we were signing. Rooms were not ready upon arrival, not even by 5:00 pm. They continue to try to push us to attend more meetings and buy more and more. Presentations are supposedly only “90-minutes”, they were over 4 hours long. We were told we could sell it or rent it for extra income, untrue.

Go on eBay, you cannot give them away! We were shown very nice, spacious, remarkable rooms as examples of what we ourselves could expect, not true, not available and not accessible. We could pass on vacations for a lifetime (without telling us the expense would accompany it). Put down payment on the 16.99% Barclays card and was told this would offset maintenance fees, not true. On and on.

Do you know what we received after emails, letters and verbal complaints? Rude customer service, no assistance, a refusal on the part of Bluegreen to discuss anything in writing. A refusal by Bluegreen to assist us in any way or return our money so we stopped paying, and now they have foreclosed on us, ruining our credit. We are 60 and 62 years old and Bluegreen preyed upon us and ruined our credit. They have not offered any of the benefits they proclaimed, they have not made any efforts to offer customer service, they are keeping our money and we are strapped with ruined credit, a loss of over $33,000, stress among other issues thanks to Bluegreen.

We cannot get them to hear us, so we are going to continue to post our opinions, the facts, and the situation as it unfolds for all to see. We hope you read this BEFORE buying into the scam yourself. If you see Bluegreen run the other way. We got a $50 Bass Pro gift card and $150 of Big Cedar bucks; all we had to do to get it was sacrifice over 4 hours of our lives (presentation), spend $299 upfront, pay all travel and associated expenses, get ourselves into overwhelming credit card debt as well as other debt associated with Bluegreen AND lose $33,000 over a 4-year period! Not much of an incentive really looking back. Don’t fall for $50 in the moment and lose over $33,000 in the near future!! It is not worth it!

Original review: May 3, 2019

After arriving for the 90 min presentation, and 6 hours later I was baited to buy a timeshare of what I was promised as the best idea for my family, Promises and more promises, as many times I said no they kept adding freebies, it got to a point that I actually believed that this would be a great investment for me to spend quality time with my children and family, I am disgusted with the lies and deception I was feed this weekend, they ruined my vacations, my trust in people, I'm ashamed at myself for trusting these people, in suits, and fancy dresses pushing me because it would be a amazing opportunity for my family, All Lies.

Original review: April 29, 2019

We purchased the Sampler Package after being stuck in the sales pitch all day. We went back a couple of months later for an "orientation", and were told we wouldn't have to do any more of these briefings. We booked our trip and were just informed that we have to do another one or have to pay an extra $150. None of this was in our contract. This company is a scam.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I was sucked into their scam with a "good deal vacation package". When arriving with my family - very excited little girls ready for some beach time. The hotel was beautiful, right on the beach we loved it! The next day we attended their sale pitch, after sitting there for 3+ hours they talked us into buying in, they are very good at their jobs. We bought in, we spent $12k on a lifetime of great vacation. After being in this program for one year we quickly realized we did not have enough point to stay at most places and all the prime vacation months are always full and we could not use our points. However we still had to pay a maintenance fee of $1200 per year.

I feel that Bluegreen is very misleading, dishonest, thieves that steal people's money. I still regret all the money that I wasted and it was a few years ago. I have reached out to the company in hopes they would understand how this is not beneficial to my family in hopes they would remedy the situation, but they did not. They got their money and that is all they are worried about. I would never give the the time of day even if it was an amazing vacation for free!!

Original review: April 23, 2019

Received a phone call this afternoon. Made the mistake of putting my name down to win a car at our local mall. Call from Bluegreen (How did they get my info?). We've been a select few for an incredible two part package! We have plenty of time to schedule the 2 packages. So many destinations blah blah blah. All we need from you to get your account set up with our reservation fee of $298 is a major credit or debit card. Wouldn't give that out ever for anyone I don't know. They scrambled and that was that. Hung up and they haven't called back. Friends, please do not do business with Bluegreen Resorts.

Original review: April 20, 2019

You pay for a Bluegreen vacation and they give you one less day. After arguing with them, I find out there is no time available to book a room! The company is a scam! I spent over an hour with a chat box, one of the most painful experiences in my life! NEVER, EVER, USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: April 19, 2019

I received a call stating that I had "won" a free vacation of 4 days/3 nights and a cruise with up to 4 people all included and paid for. They got my information off of a raffle I had filled out in a mall about 4 months ago, I almost didn't even remember I had filled it out at all. The representative asked me about my income and credit score before going through her pitch which I protested, but then ambiguously replied to after her insistance. She went through her whole pitch before saying that I would only be eligible for all of these things if I gave her my credit card info over the phone to charge what I understood to be $98.

By this point, I was on a moving bus in the middle of the highway and even if I had wanted to give her my info, I'm not going to do that while being surrounded by strangers in the bus. I asked the representative if she could email me all of this info so I could review it and call them back if I was interested. After explaining to me that this offer was only available during the first promotional call, I still did not feel comfortable. She tried emailing me, but my phone will literally not allow any inbound emails to come through while I am on a phone call.

At this point, I'm trying to politely hang-up the call when the phone gets passed to a "quality assurance representative" called James who went on this crazy rant about how I'm passing up an amazing one time opportunity, that giving your credit card information over the phone is no different from giving your credit card to a waitress on a restaurant, etc etc. At this point I'm 100% believing it's a scam call, but still wanted to get them off the phone politely. He asked me what were my reasons for not taking advantage of the offer so that he could better assist future clients since this was "such an unusual situation".

I told him that they were calling me from an unknown number, I have no idea who Bluegreen is. He cut me off to tell me all of the reasons why these are not valid points. Then I told him that him talking was making me feel less reassured, he cut me off again. I had to say AGAIN that the more he talked, the less reassured I felt and that I really hoped he'd take that feedback as a QA. Finally he gave up and let me get off of the phone. I genuinely believed that I had just avoided getting scammed by a scammer until I was able to get the email they initially tried sending me and ended up here reading all of the reviews from other people. I still feel like I just avoided a huge bullet.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I have been a member since I can remember, I have only been able to use the points from time to time because you have to book with many months in advance to find something reasonable and with my work and travel constraints that is not always possible. If was retired with nothing else to do perhaps it will be ok. The interchange of points is not worthed, for example, you get $400 for 10000 points to exchange to a cruise!! The points use it or lose it within a period, even if there is nothing available. Bottom line I REGRET the day I signed for this in Orlando, Florida many years ago.

Original review: April 17, 2019

My wife and I as well as a couple of friends visited for 5 days and found the property to be both well kept, as well as properly staff. We had an awesome member of Bluegreen named Wafa, this woman not only made our stay a wonderful experience with both her local knowledge, but also her charisma. Employee like her make a company strive.

Original review: April 16, 2019

The entire presentation took over 3 hours. High pressured sales pitches one after the other in an attempt to drive us to overspend. I recalculated their offers with real numbers on vacationing and found that to achieve a true benefit from their program I would need to be in the program 20 years to balance the initial buy and the yearly fees with actual travel expenses. An average cost of $60,000 out of pocket for a 10 year program of 20,000 points is ludicrous. I could take my wife to Hawaii every year (all inclusive) for 14 days for 11-12 years for this money. The sales staff will push you very hard to buy and go into debt. Unless you are traveling 3 to 4 times a year, staying multiple days this program is not cost effective. Keep in mind this is just for the hotel, not flights, cars, or food.

Bluegreen Corp. expert review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Bluegreen is a company that specializes in timeshares and adventure vacations, and it was founded in 1966. The company caters to more than 175,000 owners and is headquartered in Boca Raton, FL. The company features a deeded timeshare program with timeshare locations across the United States and Caribbean.

• Conveniently located: Bluegreen Corp. features timeshare properties across the United States, which makes them easy to access for customers across America.

• Bluegreen Vacation Points system: The company offers customers a points system, and they can access different resorts by accumulating more points. These points can also be exchanged with RCI properties.

• Adventures available: Representatives from Bluegreen Corp. can help customers find and book fun adventures and excursions during the time they use their timeshare.

• Gift card perks: The company gives customers who book a Bluegreen Getaway a 75 dollar Visa Reward Card as an added perk.

• Getaway deals: Bluegreen Corp. offers customers regular deals, with two to five night getaways at properties across the country that cost only 149 dollars.

• Best for: People who want a luxury vacation property, large families, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with disposable income.

Profile picture of Lisa Ann Schreier
      Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Bluegreen Corp. Company Information