2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.24/5

Bluegreen Corp. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

We had booked a 5 day stay at the Hammocks in Marathon Key. We are premier owners so we called the resort and asked for an upgrade. Asked them if no upgrade is available can we please have a water view room. So we check in and we have a view of a storage lot. It's all good. We know everyone can't have a water view room. The next day we're sitting by pool talking with another guest who were there on bonus time, they had checked in the same day as us. And had been given a water view room. We used our points to book the room 9 months ago, they used bonus time. So we asked to talk to the manager.

He (Dallas) called me the next day. I told him my concerns. His response was not everyone gets a water view. I explained we were using points and should have gotten the better room. But he still stated not everyone gets a view. I told him my review would reflect my feelings. His response was all the reviews come to him. Next I get an email from Bluegreen stating they read my review and their response team would get in touch with me quickly. Well it's been 8 days since I received that email. I've sent 2 more emails to them. Heard nothing back. I feel like Bluegreen has let me down on this matter. And we're very disappointed in not getting a response.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

We've been Bluegreen members for 15 years and have had Travelers Plus, which is like an extra membership program that allows you to have exclusive things that you don't get in the regular membership. Well, apparently our Travelers plus expired in 2018. I didn't think it was a big deal that it expired because I could just renew it, but I guess it is, and I guess you can't! If you don't renew it within a certain time frame you cannot get the membership again unless you buy more property. I didn't even realize that was their policy. It's a terrible policy. I am so disappointed that I would have to buy more property in order to just have a freaking $40 membership... Buying more property would cost us thousands. Why would we do that? It's just bad business, in my opinion. And so for the first time in my ownership life I am writing a bad review, because I had no idea this terrible policy existed, and as an owner I feel like I should have been made aware of this.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I’ve been an owner since 2015. I paid off this loan in 3 years. Then in 2019 I was sold another points, but did not disclosure that ownership had changed. I was not disclosed to maintenance fees would double every year going forwards. A third party attorneys offered me to pay them $10,450 and I could get out of the loan and be released from Bluegreen Corp.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

Terrible company. Signed up years ago and became a platinum owner. Then the rules started to change. Limited the number of stays at a resort, unlimited cancellations was abolished. And now wait list requests are basically not honored until less than 11 months out, after midnight. So you have to compete with all owners to get the reservation you want. I would suggest to all owners never to upgrade to a higher level, benefits periodically will disappear.

Original review: July 21, 2020

You are told this is a “reduced” rate vacation package, but it requires a two hour presentation. They will not refund no matter what!! Also you will be charged parking and taxes upon arrival. Mine was over $100 more than the $125 I already paid.

Original review: July 3, 2020

We were promised so much and shown such beautiful pictures, so we signed up (and paid) to visit. We specifically asked 5 times about equestrian properties only. We were told there were "many." Once they had our money, we found out there was only one property, and even Bluegreen's own photos of the place were horrific. When we called and mailed to complain, we never heard back. Fortunately, we paid with AMEX and reported the fraud to them. The kiosk where we bought the trip was at a Bass Pro Shop in Ft. Myers, so we let that company know about the fraud also.

Original review: July 3, 2020

Racist activity did not feel safe for me and all my family and I would not buy. I have not been happy with this From day one. They do not tell the truth in those meetings. They just want your money. I would never buy another resort. That’s a lot cheaper ways to travel.

Original review: May 31, 2020

We have never had a bad experience at any of the resorts we have stayed it, that said IF you can ever get availability at them! This company is terrible!! They hassle you to buy until you say yes. They tell you lies. They don't help you understand how to use it. The maintenance fees go up every year. They went up on the price to save points and when we purchased we were told you could convert your points to Choice Hotels "and stay anywhere there's a Choice Hotel" and you got 4 choice points for every 1 Bluegreen point. Now it's only 2 and you still have to pay the same price! They also only block out a certain amount of rooms for members and save the rest for walk-in paying people. Do yourself a favor and stay away! Spend your money on a vacation home or just save and take yourself a vacation every year. You will pay less than what you pay to buy into this garbage!!!

Original review: April 4, 2020

Updated on 09/05/2020: I got snookered into paying $200 for a vacation that never happened. Repeatedly tried for available dates without success. No refund. Their customer service sucks. This is the biggest scam and ripoff I have been involved in. Their affiliation with Choice Hotels also cost them a lifelong customer and a cancellation of their credit card.

Original Review: I paid the fee to Bluegreen after hearing the sales pitch. It was all lies! The city I selected never had an available date for the entire month I wanted to travel. I checked repeatedly over several months and called their customer service number numerous times. It was a costly lesson learned for me, and hope my review can spare others the frustration I experienced.

Original review: March 31, 2020

These people sucked me in at Bass Pro shops. Promised free vacations. Went to the meeting on Gatlinburg and they lied about damn near everything. The sales people pressure you and will not take NO for an answer. After purchasing the stupid time share they will not let you out of the contract after 10 days. Well they don’t show you how to use it or what you even purchased until 30 day owner meeting. At the owner meeting is when you really learn how crooked and what lies they tell. Guess what. It's too late at that point to get out. I hate Bluegreen’s and wish I never shopped at Bass pro that day. These people are ruining my credit and they don’t care.

Bluegreen Corp. author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Bluegreen is a company that specializes in timeshares and adventure vacations, and it was founded in 1966. The company caters to more than 175,000 owners and is headquartered in Boca Raton, FL. The company features a deeded timeshare program with timeshare locations across the United States and Caribbean.

• Conveniently located: Bluegreen Corp. features timeshare properties across the United States, which makes them easy to access for customers across America.

• Bluegreen Vacation Points system: The company offers customers a points system, and they can access different resorts by accumulating more points. These points can also be exchanged with RCI properties.

• Adventures available: Representatives from Bluegreen Corp. can help customers find and book fun adventures and excursions during the time they use their timeshare.

• Gift card perks: The company gives customers who book a Bluegreen Getaway a 75 dollar Visa Reward Card as an added perk.

• Getaway deals: Bluegreen Corp. offers customers regular deals, with two to five night getaways at properties across the country that cost only 149 dollars.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Bluegreen Corp. Company Information