Bluegreen Corp.

Compare Timeshares

Research top Timeshares recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I cannot believe we actually bought into their phony vacations. We have been trying for a year to book a reservation with Bluegreen just to be told everything is already booked up. EVERY TIME WE CALL! We set on hold for at least 20-30 min then get a different agent to tell us something different every time regarding our account. And there is nothing they can do since their supervisors don't take phone calls! Extremely frustrating. After a year of extreme frustration, we asked to please be let out of contract and want money back since they are not holding up their end of the contract. With no luck they say we are stuck. They make all kinds of promises they don't keep. There is no "amazing vacation" like they promise, just year worth of headaches. And endless minutes spent on hold. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND SANITY! Stay away from Bluegreen Vacations.

This company is the biggest rip off! Without going into a long story, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! Before going to one of these sales pitches READ REVIEWS! I wished I had done a little research first to save me 3 hours of grief! I can assure you I did not fall for the smoke and mirrors and didn't give them a dime. But none the less it was 3 hours of BS! It blows my mind that they try and sucker you out of $40,000 PLUS they try and charge you an additional $350 process fee??? Really?! After you give them $40,000???

"OOOH! But if you purchase today, you can finance that at 16.99%." WOW!! When I called the salesperson out on it he told me I could refinance it through my bank and whispered, "This is Mob Financing" Are you freaking kidding me!? Once the sales guy realized I wasn't going for any of their BS, he leaned into me and said, "Please just let me get through this and we will be done." It's a shame that this is even legal. And what's even worse is that the people that work there could care a less about you as long as you put money in their pockets.

I was reading all these hateful reviews about BG timeshares and I had to provide my own two sense. You notice I spelled it sense. If you don't like, or trust timeshares, don't buy one. We have had great experiences with our BG ownership. We bought in at Big Cedar Lodge on Table Rock Lake in Missouri in about 2005. I will agree with some of the posts that it can be difficult to book a vacation at some of the destinations sometimes. Big Cedar is very hard to get a reservation. But you have to be flexible, people. Since we joined we have vacationed in Big Cedar Lodge 3 times, Paradise Point (also at Table Rock Lake), Orlando, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, San Francisco, Las Vegas twice, Wisconsin Dells, Phoenix. Some of these destinations were through Select Connections or whatever it's called that partners with BG, and yes, you pay a fee to access their inventory, but it is only like $50 and it gives you access to a lot more places.

Also we have used our points for hotel stays in Chicago, Minneapolis, Omaha, and Dallas. If you are a person that doesn't like to spend a lot of time planning your vacations do not buy a timeshare. You have to spend some time figuring out where you want to go, what season, how many points, and you have to be somewhat flexible. If I can't go to Miami can I go to Fort Lauderdale? How about Delray Beach? And Hot Weeks can also be awesome. Most of the time there isn't much that I am interested in. But, sometimes there is. We are talking any place on the list, all over the world, always only 3,000 points. I repeat, only 3,000 points. You just have to be able to travel on short notice. Why else would it be only 3,000 points? Duh? They are trying to sell off their excess inventory at the last minute and 3,000 points is totally awesome.

You can also book destinations all over the world through partnership with RCI. Yes, there are fees to transfer your points to RCI, but you are paying for that flexibility. I believe that BG reps have been honest and professional. I decided to sign up and I did not feel pressured to do so. I have been to other timeshare presentations that I thought I might not make it out alive unless I committed to something. Not so with BG. I have bought additional points, upgraded, twice since my initial purchase, voluntarily. I could have said no, and have on several occasions. More points equals more flexibility. Yes, there are maintenance fees but the money is used to keep the places NICE. If you stay at a BG owned facility it will be nice. Some of the associate resorts, not so much, but most are OK. Read the information about each resort. Understand it so you have realistic expectations.

We have stayed at associate resorts that were not very fancy, certainly not like a BG owned and managed facilities which are always very nice, but they were clean, decent, and had other perks that are offsetting in my mind. Like right on a secluded stretch of Florida Gulf Coast beach. Walk out the door onto the beach. Fish all day in the surf. What's not to like? Nothing fancy about the room but certainly adequate. A great vacation. BG is also always purchasing timeshares in new locations, expanding our opportunity. Since we joined I don't know how many new places have been added but I know at least the following; New Orleans, Savannah, New York City, San Antonio, Dennis Port, to name a few. They are also using that maintenance fee money to renovate certain resorts that need to be updated, keeping everything nice and topnotch for the owners.

And finally, yes the "Owner Updates." These meetings take about an hour if you control the time clock. If you let them, they will keep you longer. It is an opportunity for them to try to sell you more points, an upgrade. It is also an opportunity for you to purchase more points. If you don't want to, then tell them no. I have been to owner updates probably eight times. I upgraded at two, said no at six. As the name implies, owner updates also are an opportunity to find out what is going on with your BG membership. New programs, new properties, new exciting stuff that you are learning about and can ask questions. Timeshares also motivate to some extent your potential to take a vacation or not. You are paying the maintenance fees whether you go anywhere or not. Your points expire and you lose them if you do not go anywhere. So go.

So, in summary, come on people, timeshares are not for everyone. You have to be honest with yourself. If it sounds too good to be true, it is. You really think you are going to stay in five star resorts every time, everywhere for a few points? No. Do you think those five star resorts just kind of take care of themselves and you shouldn't have to pay maintenance fees? No. Do you not want your vacation purveyor to keep adding new destinations, new programs, more flexibility? Yes, you do. Haven't you noticed that "stuff" is expensive and companies like airlines are nickeling and diming you to death and you think well, it's not fair to pay $35 to save my points, or $50 to access expanded inventory, or $35 for cancellation privileges? Come on, be realistic, and be flexible and quit complaining. Book a vacation and enjoy life you fancies!

We purchased a package, then 7 months in they asked us to Come in for customer orientation. It ended up being another sale. They said our package didn't give us any points to vacation with. Well almost a year and a half into it we can't seem to book anything. They never have anything available.

We purchased a vacation timeshare from Bluegreen Vacations. We were to receive 12000 points every other year that could be used to take vacations. We paid the entire package off within 30 days of our purchase date. The package we purchased was $15900 plus a $350 processing fee. We like to take cruises so we stressed to the salesman the was the only reason for our purchase. She told us we could book a cabin for just 5000 points. She even brought the manager over to assure us.

After our purchase we tried to book a cruise but we couldn't find any cabins available to book. After some phone calls we found out that you can't pay by the cabin, it's by the person and 12000 points only equates to around $500 off? When we went to our orientation they told us if we bought an additional package we would be able to book a cruise every year for our family, so we purchase another $16000 package. When we got home and tried to book a cruise, once again nothing available and not enough points to cover a cruise for our family? We quickly decided we had been scaled again. I started going through our papers looking for a way out. We were able to refund the 2nd purchase because we had only had it a week, but we had had the 1st purchase for about 100 days and they said the cut off time was 90 days, even after they had lied to get me to purchase.

About 6 months after our purchase we received a maintenance bill for around $500? They told us we would get one a year and they didn't waste any time. We continued to try and book any kind of vacation since we were stuck with this thing and we paid for it in full, but have never been able to get anything. A year after our purchase we received a points expiring letter, informing us that our points would expire in 30 days if we didn't pay a $35 rollover fee? We said if we only get points ever 2 years why do they expire every year? No sooner did we pay the rollover fee did we get two maintenance bills? One for $800 and another almost $200??? This is 3 maintenance bills in one year, yes it's 2 different years 2016 and 2017, but still only a year from when we purchased our timeshare? We have still never even been able to book a vacation yet because nothing's available?

I called Bluegreen in disgust but they still refuse to refund my timeshare. I ask what would happen if I don't pay the maintenance fees and they said they would shut off our benefits and could take back our timeshare? How can they repossess something we paid off 100%? I ask if they could just stop giving us points since we can't book anything anyway and then stop sending us maintenance fees? What a deal for them, we have them over $17000 and we never got even one vacation of anything? But they said no. If we don't pay the fees they ruin our credit and repossess our timeshare? What a scam.

So what do I do, keep paying them every year for something I can use? I stop paying and let them repossess and ruin my credit for something we never got to use? What a scam. Then they tell you Pinnacle can sell your timeshare but they charge you $2000 and Bluegreen says no membership benefits of perks transfer to the new owners? Lol. Like they would be able to use the timeshare anyway? We would just be screwing someone just like they screwed us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

OK so I bought a package in 2014 that I was never able to go enjoy. Well I have been looking to go on vacation with my daughter. I do not have a lot of extra money so I looked into BookVIP. Had a little trouble but was nicely resolved. The problem is it was a little more than I really had to spend, so I told her I had purchased through Bluegreen vacation and would see if I could get it through them since I had already given them money.

Well I contacted them, gave them a $100 renewal fee, and she then very quickly gave me a list of hotels. I guess I wrote them down fast because I just cannot find out how in the world to tell what to do. She informed me I could pay more to stay at the time shares actual location, which to tell you the truth I did not have the money and bookVIP was actually going to keep me at the nicer resorts so I gave up that too. Not get any help to her to stay. I have no clue at all how to get a hotel and now after reading while I waited after reading reviews you stay at really crappy places.

I am really upset that I made this bad decision to go ahead and reactivate this account because they did not help me Reserve, find or even I have no clue I have a list of hotels that I have no clue how to look up. You can't go on their site and actually look up the actual hotels. I just don't know what to do and here I am if I have to pay a bunch of extra money. I don't have them. Only that I was told that I would have to pay $100 fee that would be returned back to me if the room is clean. If anyone knows what to do I don't have a clue what to do.

I really wish I could just get my hundred dollars back so if anybody knows if I can get a $100 reinstatement fee or whatever they call it back please let me know. Also I gave it at 3 because the lady was really nice. I just didn't realize how vague she was being till I you know I kept asking questions. But until I hung up the phone I did not realize how I've been befuddled again period. I really just need a hotel. A decent one.

Purchased a sampler, unable to use holidays, unable to use during summer months, which only leaves very few days. What they don't tell you, they only have very few rooms for samplers, which really means you will never get a room!!! Bluegreen is a RIP-OFF. Don't fall for their fast talking sales pitch. I spoke to a guy that said he would extend my year & help me book no matter how long it took, not so, when I called back they stated my time was up.

While in a bass pro store I was stopped by a bluegreen rep telling me about the fabulous resorts bluegreen has and that if I was willing to sit in on a 1.5 hr presentation I can get three nights in one of the towns they have a resort plus $125.00 in bass pro givecards. I was not really interested but was swayed to sign-up for the locations being offered for the free stay (plus the 125 in BP giftcards). I selected Savannah GA for mid oct 2016. The hotel we stayed at was actually very nice, no complaints at all and was in the Savannah historical district. On the day of the presentation we attended the 1.5 hr meeting was more like 3 hr. I have worked for over 30+ years at topnotch companies that Bluegreen can blow away on their presentations. They do a great job even if you have 100% of no intent on purchasing a unit.

After about an hr of trying to convince me and me holding pat they told me about a "trial" package that I think was 9000 pts that would give me some time at their resorts where they were sure I would change my mind and then go for the actual "big" purchase. The price appeared to be good, I think it was a little over $700.00 with my thinking being that at worst case I would spend some time at a high quality resort for 4-7nights. Prior to going for this trial I asked about availability and was told that in the main season it might be tough to book a room but off season I should have no problem at most locations. This sold me since I would try the trial in the "off season" since I know there would be a slim to no chance of getting a room at a place like savannah, new orleans, etc.

A few days ago (2/10/17) I had my wife call to make reservations for their hershey (PA) location. She was told they are all booked up and really I need to make the reservation 5 months in advance. I was really upset and called again later that evening. I was told that that's spring break thus the reason why no rooms were available. Totally BS, told the lady there is no way Hershey PA is booked due to spring break. I was also told that I should have booked this months ago. I informed her I got the package end of october, and had to wait 30 days for it to be "activated" plus it expires 1 yr (nov 2017).

I asked for my money back saying that it appears Bluegreen was going to get my $$ anyway they could. I did not go for the "main" package but was stupid enough to get fooled by this "trial" package. After complaining for a few minutes about what a scam bluegreen is she "found" a room in hershey in April for me. I had to book it just so I don't lose out on 100% of my fee. I will try to see if I can book the remaining points some time by the expiration date of nov 2017 but don't hold out hope.

BOTTOM LINE IS PLEASE! PLEASE! Don't believe and DON'T TRUST Bluegreen, their salesmen are good, they seem like nice people, like somebody you would consider a friend. DON'T get fooled, THEY WILL scam you as they did me and I am sure many others. TOO LATE FOR ME, but please consider NOT buying in to Bluegreen, As a reference please review the many websites where BLUEGREEN owners voice their complaints. I should have paid attention to these websites. You have to ask yourself, WHY WOULD bluegreen owners have 100's of complaints on the various websites. BLUEGREEN at their meetings tells you how they are highly rated, how they run a class organization (I do agree on the presentation they are hard to beat). If this is true WHY SO MANY bluegreen "owners" are so unhappy with choosing Bluegreen. PLEASE - STAY AWAY FROM BLUEGREEN.

I purchased a Bluegreen Vacation Club Sampler this year during Orlando timeshare presentation. I decided that the package wasn't the best for me so I sent a cancellation letter to corporate via priority mail (the first one sent via regular post mail was not received). From the reviews I have read, I expected this process to be exhausting and unpleasant. However to my dismay, It wasn't. I sent my second letter on Saturday via priority mail (requiring signature for delivery), the letter was processed and on their system by Tuesday. I just received a credit to my account of the full purchased price. All the representative I spoke to during this process have been kind and informative. Hope this brings some encouragement to someone that thinks this process will be overwhelming.

The biggest scam I have ever experienced. They give you a list of hotel and resorts and they tell you you can choose any of them. The truth is none available when you call to make reservation and they pick a 3 star motel-like destination for you in a take it or leave it attitude. Check in at 4:00 pm and check out at 10:00 am. If you pay for your own vacation, it would cost you the same, but at least you can choose your resort and more importantly your time of travel. I spent an entire day calling to explain that this is not what I was told, but they don't care. On top of that, they think they can sell me timeshare. What a bunch of unethical scammers.

Against my better judgement I agreed to timeshare spiel for weekend getaway under the conditions I could change my mind and get my money back. They will say what they need to to make sale and when you agree at the end of conversation all that was said during conversation goes out the window. I will NOT go and they call me several times a day from different locations so I can't block them. DO NOT FALL for it!!! They will never leave you alone!!!

Scene 1: I filled out a contest form at the movie theatre - who doesn't? A free cruise? Sure! Scene 2: I got a call a couple days ago from a number in Georgia, but I was at work (I'm a teacher...) and I couldn't pick up. Scene 3: Today I got a call from the same number, and it happened to be my prep period. Out of curiosity, I picked up. I got this whole spiel about how I'm a finalist in this BlueGreen contest, blah blah blah. I'd won a land vacation at one of these awesome locations and I'd have to sit through the presentation and then I'd be entered to win a 4-day cruise, and the only thing we'd be responsible for paying is transportation to the locations, but accommodations would be included.

So he's reading this script - which I think he was frustrated that I kept interrupting with questions - and trying to be all cheerful. I ask if this information could be mailed to me, and he's all, "Sure! I'm getting to that next!" So I listen, and all I have to do is pay a fee of like, $140 per person, and they'd mail me my stuff. STOP. Any time a person who calls me asks for my credit card over the phone, I stop them right there. Red Flag #1. I asked him if I could call him back because I'd like to talk to my spouse about this kind of decision. He stumbled and said "Uhhh... for a good 10 seconds." The computer makes the call for me, so I'm not really sure how you would do that." I said, "There's not a phone number for where you are?" He affirmed that no, there isn't a phone number he's aware of. Red Flag #2. He went on about how because there was a limited time and limited offers he'd have to take my information now. He needs it right right now. Red Flag #3.

I informed him that actually, I'd received a call just a couple of days ago from them, so I was certain that it was not, in fact, quite that limited, and that if my phone number popped up again, I'd be more prepared and might actually take them up on their offer. But today, randomly, during my work day, no I will not be giving out my credit card to strangers. I thanked him for his time and hung up, I'm pretty sure while he was saying something else. I will accept no bologna from these people. I promptly Googled them after I hung up, and wouldn't you know it? Everyone is saying the same thing. Stay away from this company and do not accept anything they tell you. They are scammers.

This review is for anyone considering to sign up for Bluegreen Timeshare. DO NOT DO IT! Save yourself for thousands of dollars that you will never see again! They will rip you off and keep charging you and you will not be able to ever use the units when you want. I owned my timeshare, I was a PLATINUM owner, and what they don't tell you is that the maintenance fees keep getting higher every year and even though you own it, they continue to charge you. I was not able to reserve units when I wanted to use them and I was told to keep trying, keep upgrading. DO NOT make the same mistake I did when I was young and a newly married girl from Michigan. I have wasted thousands of dollars and paid it off, to discover, my maintenance fees were almost $3000 a year. I was not able to use it and I owned it. DO NOT SIGN UP! THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY and you will be left with NOTHING!

I entered the sweepstakes before Christmas and they have been calling ever since. I finally took time to speak with somebody and 5 minutes in, I can pick up the sales pitch. They congratulated me for winning and blah blah blah let me have your cc info. They became pushy about it when I started asking questions about the company and transferred me to another person who seemed a little aggressive on the phone when I questioned. Anyways, I led him on for a minute then hung up! He called back 4 times!!! SCAM ALERT!!!

With a combined 50 years in the travel industry my wife and I were still... taken. The initial call with Blue Green Vacations offered a stay at a destination we had already planned to go and, at a price that was unbelievable. Unbelievable, so I asked two very pointed questions. Will we be staying at the resort - the answer was yes. How much time will we spend at the sales presentation - the answer was "about 2 hours". At a resort in Charleston for a song and my only obligation a 2 hours sales pitch... I'm good with this, so I paid. When we chose our dates, we called to reserve our stay. We were offered a motel 20 miles away from the resort and the Yelp reviews ranged from unkind to horrible (with a few exceptions).

I called immediately for a refund due to misrepresentation and... the "boiler plate" answers, comebacks and defense mechanisms flowed as expected. The phone call is scripted, "we are sure you were advised..." "We are so sorry but, you are out of your refund period"... and, of course... "However, we can offer you an upgrade". No two ways about it. This is a scam. A well-done scam where the representatives are professional, courteous and attentive but, a scam all the same. Buyer Beware.

My husband put his name in for a drawing at the mall - wouldn't it be nice to win a vacation. I get the call and let them give me the information about where all we can go... then, we get to the money part. I kept waiting for the catch and there it was. We were selected, but we had to pay $276 for 2 vacations and promise to sit through a presentation on the one vacation. Well, with Christmas just passed and other bills coming in, I didn't want to spend the money to commit over the phone AND I have heard of these types of things being scams.

I asked that everything be mailed to me to look over and then I would pay if I could at that time. She couldn't do that, so I was transferred to someone else that kept talking over me and kept sweetening the pot - I could even put my payment on file for them to bill later. I didn't bite, and she asked to speak to my husband who is at work... so she hung up on me. No "sorry this isn't going to work" or "thank you for your time". Very rude and a waste of time.

I received a call from a Bluegreen rep saying I had won a sweepstakes I entered at a local mall. The prize was a land vacation and a cruise. We went through all the details and it sounded great until the girl informed me that there was a "reservation fee" of $138 per person that needed to be paid immediately. I asked if I could call back after discussing with my husband and explained that we have a young daughter so I am not currently working and would need to consult with him first as he would be paying. She said I couldn't call back or I would be disqualified so I agreed to send him a text. I went to do so and accidentally ended the call.

The same girl called back right away and when I answered the phone I didn't say anything immediately because I heard her talking to someone else. She said, "How does this girl have a baby and no money?" speaking about me presumably to one of her scam artist coworkers. When I said "Hello?" her tone switched from ** teenager back to delightful salesperson to inform me we had been disconnected. I hung up without saying anything and will not be calling back.

OK, I'm puzzled to say the least. So my story starts at the Sunrise Mall. Long story, no story, my buddy and I entered a sweepstakes to win a car, didn't win the car. Anyway got a call like 6 months later, some guy telling me I won a vacation and a cruise but it would cost me $276. I was skeptical but was planning a Vegas trip anyway and needed somewhere within my budget to stay. So I bit, the best part is my buddy got to join me cause you can bring 2 guests. So basically they try to get you to buy a timeshare which is cool but we couldn't afford it lol, so we sat through this 2 hour pitch, cracked jokes the whole time then got handed a $200 Visa restaurant gift card thing and 2 Carnival Cruise voucher tickets. Basically I paid less than $140 for my wife and I and my buddy and his wife came and we just split the cost.

Cruise scheduled for March with the wife, can't wait! I don't know why everyone is so sensitive. We had a blast, yeah it's a sales pitch to try and sell you a timeshare, this is America and that's called marketing. I'm about to do this for all my vacations haha, 2 hours of my day for a dirt cheap Vegas trip and a Carnival Cruise, really can't be beat.

Just checked into building three, suite 334 and I wish I could attach a photo of the room. I honestly thought my extremely creative friends were linking me. The stinking sofa in main living area is degraded, torn, ripped and otherwise cosmetically and functionally obsolete. Exhaust fan in bat sounds like a mower and hanging from ceiling. Feel Embarrassed (I have business guest), insulted (they call them maintenance fees) and taken (not receiving a fair and reasonable product for the investment I've made). Want out ASAP.

We became members in June of 2016. Won a thing, listen to the 2 hour (try 4) presentation, collect on your fabulous prizes worth hundreds of dollars. We felt we could try the lowest bundle: 6000 every other year. Just short of $10,000 invested now because at the "learn how to make your membership work for you orientation" we saw we could 'move up' to 6000 every year and be rewarded 4000 additional points. So now we are sitting pretty with 13,000 points for our first year. This should give us one awesome vacation at least, right? Treated like royalty, everything in the 'condos, villas, or town homes' beautifully maintained and perfect?

Not so much. First my husband started coughing up over $350 in fees associated with our free vouchers and gifts because of expiration extension and costs to activate. We now have this $5000 debt hanging over us that we put on the Bluegreen credit card that had 0% interest for 6 mos. AND we just paid our 1st year's maintenance fees and it hasn't even been a year yet. The first 6 months was free. The maintenance and resort fees cost was never clear until signing the papers; and the points earned on the card was going to take care of them. Over the holidays we traveled to Missouri to enjoy our fabulous amenities that we have already invested almost $15000 to enjoy.

The experience was horrible. A very badly maintained basement 1 bedroom was assigned: it stunk, wasn't cleaned properly, pipes screeched when taking a shower, toilet flushed poorly, busted door, AND the communication between the Bluegreen portion and the actual Big Cedar resort was poor. First day my husband went on a two hour trip for milk, was redirected 3 times and we still had to leave the resort to go get the milk! We felt like 3rd class citizens at the place that obviously didn't honor the partnership with Bluegreen in the luxurious way that it advertises. If a class action suit is ever brought against this company, I would totally join.

I was buying my wife some clothes for her birthday when I got stopped by a sales rep from Bluegreen called Ryan in the orlando premium outlet. He assured me I could take my vacation with 3 years to travel with no blackout dates, hotel and cruise for only $149. Asked him about the taxes for the cruise. He told me 40$ total. Then when I was over the phone the reservation office told me it was over 200 per person. Then I tried to get my money back and I couldn't because he made me buy a giftcard that I threw away because he told me it was empty. Please be advised and check the real prices with the other companies and beware of this company and their lying sales rep who will do anything to get you sold!

DO NOT get caught up by paying for a weekend you will never get! Customer service provides NO CUSTOMER SERVICE at all. I called on 4 different occasions to make a reservation and was first told to call months later to check availability since my request was 6 months in the future! I then called in December to make reservations for either Feb or May dates. Was told by Carlos I would receive a response in 24-48 hours. NO REPLY. Called again a week later submitting the same request for dates in Feb or May. Was told by Shanice I would get a reply. Was even provided her phone number. NO REPLY. Called her after a week, due to the holidays. Left a voice message. NO REPLY!

Called a 3rd time requesting the same dates, spoke with Shelove (?) explained this was the 3rd time. She checked and then informed me none of the 5 individual weeks I requested were available. I then said "I want a refund." Shelove then transfers me to Sadia who has nothing to do with refunds, and she then transfers me to Zack.

In the end Zack tells me there is no availability but that I am put on a waitlist with the Tradewinds, where I have been requesting to stay. I asked who he spoke with at the Tradewinds and the number he called. HE LIED ON WHO HE SPOKE WITH. HE SPOKE WITH THE BLUEGREEN WELCOME CENTER, NOT DIRECTLY WITH TRADEWINDS! Although I have been attempting to make reservations since 2 weeks after purchasing the "deal" BlueGreen will not refund my money because the 30 day out clause has expired. Be Aware folks. Hold on to your money!

My husband and I attended one of their spiels. We weren't going to buy anything. Fast forward a few years and we have to! We love Bluegreen. Service is excellent and we never felt pressured into anything. We paid attention, knew what our costs would be (they do explain it all to you) and have never had a negative experience. We have done planned trips and spur of the moment trips. The resorts are amazing and the accommodations are beautiful. Headed to Las Vegas next month for a work trip and plan on staying at our resort there. If you are paying attention, nothing that comes up will surprise you.

I received a call about this great opportunity. 3 free vacations if I attend one sales pitch. It would only cost me 150$. I was sucked in by the sales pitch and after a couple days I realized this was not for me. I followed the cancellation policy and it's been over 2 months and I have still not been refunded. I have reached out 3 times now. As of right now this is all a HUGE scam!!!

Masquerade as "tour info" giving away "free tickets" to local attractions and tours in a high-traffic tourist area. Instead what I got was a high-pressure sales pitch to attend a BlueGreen sales presentation for a "100% refundable" $20 deposit, then get "certificates" which supposedly can be exchanged for tour tickets. So, you want me to give you $20 so you can try to sell me a timeshare? Seriously? I can't even believe I wasted my time listening to the guy before he got to the $20 "deposit" part.

When I told him I was not interested, the once-friendly salesman grew a scowl and barked an extremely sarcastic "Merry Christmas" as I walked away. ADVICE TO SALESMAN: Look, bud, it isn't my fault you took a job working for a company that uses these ethically-questionable sales tactics. Get a real job and stop being a scumbag. I don't know what kind of life choices led you to working for this outfit, but you can do better.

If you wanna buy the package and be disqualified, then lose the package, you can try buy a Bluegreen package. Bluegreen always updates its qualifications and other policies, then disqualified the customers. They are fraud. One of their workers is the example. He is named Conner from Bluegreen customer service, ext. I doubt the information the worker provided was fake, because he was not willing to provide his last name. As well as I cannot believe any person from Bluegreen. Also when buying this package, the services are totally unclear. Customers are only arranged an Bluegreen promotion presentation, other services are totally unknown. The Bluegreen workers just told you perhaps you can do this, perhaps you can do that... DO NOT BUY Bluegreen.

I received a call from one of their representatives a week before Thanksgiving and she explained that I had the opportunity to receive a fantastic vacation package because I had opened a member account with Choice Hotels and stayed in one for work the previous month. I successfully made it through the vetting process (I made over a certain amount annually so that was one point to prove my credibility of being able to follow through with payment of the package) and put a deposit down to save the offer. I did not choose a destination because of work restraints, but it was ensured that I could choose to do so at any time throughout the next year before it expired, very flexible.

Fast forward a couple of weeks, and I checked this website for reviews of their own credibility. A few people have very positive reviews, while many gave not so positive reviews thinking it was a scam and that they received terrible service while backing out or staying at their destination. I'm here to say that I did back out within the 30 day window (today) and received very courteous service while doing so. It took all of 12 whole minutes and three representatives to get my refund of $279.00 back.

I have nothing negative to say about my experience. I wish I could participate, but my work schedule for the next year is very unpredictable and I am unable to follow through with a vacation like this, even if it is only a couple hundred dollars. They even offered to extend the deadline by a year, which was nice, but my mind was already made up. I'm here to say that I had a pleasant experience and to treat those on the other side of the phone with respect, and maybe it won't seem like as much of a fight if you're asking for a refund, because there seems to be a lot of reviews like that that jump to a conclusion and say it's a scam or they get their credit card company involved.

My mother has had a Bluegreen timeshare for years. Last year after the birth of my daughter, she convinced me to sign up so I could use her points to take family vacations. I point blank asked my mom and the woman in charge of the paperwork if I would be financially responsible for anything, they both said no. A year later my mother unfortunately passed away due to an aggressive form of cancer. I received a notice in the mail that I am being sent to collections for an unpaid mortgage. My mother also received this notice. When I called the company to inquire, I was informed that I actually signed a contract to be considered an owner. An unbreakable contract for the next ten years. I was not informed of any of this at the time of the contract. There is no way to transfer the properties or sell it unless it is paid up to date.

Unfortunately I simply do not make enough money to pay this. If I did, I would get it up to date and sell it. The company has been very unhelpful and unsympathetic, especially their mortgage solutions rep named Theresa. I have contacted my mother's attorney and am currently in the process of figuring out what to do before this ruins my credit forever. What was supposed to be a gift turned out to be a giant curse.

They are like a cable or satellite company with so many hidden cost at every trip you take! When other regular motels (even 5 star to 3 star)/hotels already offer with the stay!! As a owner you always have to pay extra for everything! No continental breakfast, no free bus rides to attraction parks, no passes to their attraction they offer on their property even! No different than someone off the street!! Only way to get any perks is to spend part of your vacation sitting in a meeting (stressing about money) they always try to sell you more points instead of answering questions you may have (so they give you a ride to more debt and frustration!

When I am at 1 of their facility (hotel/ motel) of there's you can talk to others there, and they feel the same way! They are very unhappy!! I wish I would of seen a review before we did this! SO MY ADVICE DON'T DO IT! Like the saying goes if it sounds too good to be true it usually is!! This is 1 of those times! I am warning you!! As a owner for 4 years!!! DON'T do it! You will regret it and if not canceled in time you will be stuck!! No matter what your income does!!!

I get a phone call from Bluegreen, little do they know that my wife received a call from them last week so I already knew what this was all about, and then after reading all the reviews how this company is just a big, slimy slug, so I let the representative from BG talk about how I won a FREE trip and a cruise for two, blah, blah, blah, once he was done talking I told him that "I don't have the time for this 'FREE' trip and since Christmas is a week from now, and I'm feeling very JOLLY, I would like for you to take the trip on my behalf." It got silent for about 3 to 4 seconds and then the REP hanged up on me, LMAO. Merry Christmas everyone,:).

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Bluegreen is a company that specializes in timeshares and adventure vacations, and it was founded in 1966. The company caters to more than 175,000 owners and is headquartered in Boca Raton, FL. The company features a deeded timeshare program with timeshare locations across the United States and Caribbean.

• Conveniently located: Bluegreen Corp. features timeshare properties across the United States, which makes them easy to access for customers across America.
  • Bluegreen Vacation Points system: The company offers customers a points system, and they can access different resorts by accumulating more points. These points can also be exchanged with RCI properties.
  • Adventures available: Representatives from Bluegreen Corp. can help customers find and book fun adventures and excursions during the time they use their timeshare.
  • Gift card perks: The company gives customers who book a Bluegreen Getaway a 75 dollar Visa Reward Card as an added perk.
  • Getaway deals: Bluegreen Corp. offers customers regular deals, with two to five night getaways at properties across the country that cost only 149 dollars.
  • Best for People who want a luxury vacation property, large families, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with disposable income.

Compare Timeshares