2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.20/5

Bluegreen Corp. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

I first became associated with Bluegreen when I received a call offering me a free trip that turned out to be anything but free. First, it took a year to book; I finally chose to take my family to a cabin in Pigeon Forge. Not long after booking, I received a call that the resort was not available, and I had to book another location. This again required an extra booking fee. Quite a lot of money to pay for a “free vacation”!

When we finally arrived, the resort was nowhere near as advertised. Plus, we learned that we needed to attend a presentation! We were consistently pressured to make a purchase; the staff going so far as to make us believe that this was our only opportunity to ever buy with Bluegreen. The entire presentation was filled with these types of lies; we were told that we were receiving tons of free gifts, that this was the cheapest way for us to vacation and failed to disclose that there was a legal cooling-off period. They have no shame, and I would not recommend this company to anyone!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

In 2018 we tried out Bluegreens Sampler package for vacations and in 2019 we became owners. We have taken three vacations since that time. The vacations were nice and World Golf Village is a nice place to stay! We enjoy it whenever we stay there. However... as we try out other places in their version of the JC Penney catalog, the accommodations at Harbour Lights in Myrtle Beach, SC were not nice. There are spiders hanging everywhere and I'm terribly afraid of spiders. Maintenance did absolutely nothing to remove them. Also when we went there again to give it one more chance this Thanksgiving 2020, we were not treated well. We had a bug in one of our dish cupboards and they poo-pooed it away as a Palmetto bug and said there's nothing they can do. Ummmm... we don't live in a third world country! Of course there's something they could do! They don't care! They got their commission. That is the only thing they care about!!

This is the main issue we have with Bluegreen: we have been lied to about them helping us refinance our two properties. "Andrew" and "Tracy " promised to help us with the whole refinancing process, Andrew gave us his "personal number", promised to help us pick out the emails to best refinance with and somehow... they both are mysteriously "unavailable " after trying to call them. And we have emailed others only to have them lie to us and claim that our email will be forwarded to their managers and marketing supervisors. Nope! Also, Andrew pretended to be interested in our vacation and the places we were going to go visit but has not talked to us since.

I have read all the other reviews here and I dont know how these guys, these liars, these scam artists even clear their conscience knowing they lie to people every day, face to face, (which is brazenly ballsy) and it doesn't even bother them! They will not help unless it's to throw you a small bone, put a Bandaid on the putrifying wound that is Bluegreen by offering a useless certificate or give you a gift card. The places we wish to stay are always unavailable unless we want to pay extra fees. And the maintenance fees always go up because they high pressure you into accepting their lie so they can earn their commission and sell you more "points" (another property, another set of maintenance fees). Their lying staff is mysteriously "unavailable "?? Mmmmhmmm. The meetings end up taking away from your vacation time and we ended up missing time to go to an attraction we really wanted to spend time at. They don't care!!

I will NEVER EVER go to one of their high pressure meetings again! And will not attend any other type of meeting unless it is to refinance and lower our payment like they promised. LIARS!!! SCAMMERS! If you're thinking about shopping at Bass Pro.... DONT! They nail you there too! And if you are thinking about falling for their smooth talking (silver fox with a forked tongue spiel).... I hope you haven't already. They don't ever do what they promise and will scam you out of money that could be used to take your own nice vacations with no property maintenance fees or lies. Why give any more money to these con artists?!? Shila Knoxville TN

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I brought a package from Bass Pros in Nashville. We used the hotel and it was horrible. The room. A strange man knock on the door saying he was security at around 10. He looked like a homeless person. We received a free cruise for the tour. I was told that we could upgrade and pay the difference. When calling to scheduling the cruise was told that the upgrade was only $50-400 and that the package do not have a monetary value. Once we went through the information the discount was only $291 which was worse than anything I ever heard. The rep basically told me I had to keep what they gave which was not what was previously discussed. I will never do business with them again.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

My Mother and I 'naively' fell for a "free" 3-day trip to Las Vegas on the condition of attending a 2 hour program about timeshares. They really had a top star salesman who could sell snow to Santa in the North Pole! Fees and maintenance fees keep skyrocketing! We can't use it or travel now because of COVID-19, and they keep changing the rules, charging new fees for things that used to be included! We are now both disabled, mom is a senior and both on limited funds and we can't afford it anymore! They won't return calls or answer emails with any kind of response that relates to what you're asking. This was a horrible mistake to be sold and tricked into and we can't afford it, book it or use it anymore!! If it were possible to give NO stars, I would have!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

The advertisement looks promising but the management scheduling the visits of these properties is horrible. We are still trying to get a commitment on a hotel. They offer a few places for you to select from and don't tell you that there is a chance the hotel may not be available. You find out when you initiate contact with them because you have yet to receive a confirmation. That's when they explain the process and tell you that they can provide 100% hotel confirmation with an upgrade at one of their sites for extra money. Pretty sneaky. Not worth the aggravation!!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

In 2008 we attended a presentation as part of a vacation package. Multiple times during the presentation I stated we could not afford a timeshare. The employees constantly badgered us- harassing us until my husband relented. After 12 years, nearly $10,000 in maintenance fees and NEVER having used the timeshare, I am finally getting out. Essentially I have to "give" the timeshare (fully paid BTW) back to Bluegreen. The service representative who is "handling the case" said there was no fee for this "service". There is most definitely a fee. Please read on.

A few notes- within 3 days of the purchase, I called and told BG I did not want the timeshare. Legally that is within my rights. They refused to cancel. Three years ago I asked for the process to start for giving the timeshare back to BG...They said it wasn't possible. I have been persistent and finally this year I am hoping to get the situation resolved.

I started calling and emailing back in September. BG has been dragging their feet until today, when I finally reached a live person. Of course, now I have to pay the $908 in maintenance fees to be "clear of any debt". Had they responded in September I would not have to pay. This company preys on people. Even in a year when vacations were not possible for nearly 6 months- they still want their money. I asked why and was told it was for "future upgrades". If I want out NOW, why should I be paying for future upgrades? PLEASE be warned. DO NOT purchase from this company. There are more people who regret this decision than those who benefit.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

One of our biggest regrets is agreeing to Bluegreen’s survey and their “free” trip. At the presentation, we made it clear we could not afford a purchase with them and didn’t vacation often enough to justify it. However, as soon as we mentioned our daughter’s upcoming wedding, it was like blood in the water for ravenous sharks. They lunged at the opportunity to exploit our soft spot, offering a great honeymoon experience. My husband and I still vehemently refused a purchase that made no sense to us, but the salespeople and their manager would not budge. Due to my husband’s PTSD, we felt no choice but to purchase just so we could leave. Presently, we are now stuck with a timeshare we can’t use. We have attempted to get Bluegreen to take it back, but they ignore our communication. Learn from our stressful ordeal and don’t buy a timeshare with Bluegreen.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I have been a Bluegreen owner for several years now and my experience is getting worse every year. I have paid handsomely to earn points. I earn a set of points for a two year period; however, after the first year, I have to PAY A FEE to keep my earned points the second year. Why? The annual MAINTENANCE FEES are so high now that I could pay for a nice resort room for a week with NO Bluegreen.

You have to move quickly to book a room or they all are gone. When I book, I must PAY A FEE to get my points back if I have to move my date or cancel. Last month, we went to Branson, MO for a week. They put us in a nice room; however, they were remodeling the floor above us and the constant noise was insane. Now why would they do that to a customer? Anyway, we talked to the manager, who was nice, and got moved to another room. (That is the only reason I gave two stars instead of one.) At the end of the week, I took the key cards to the desk, only to be told that there is a RESORT FEE upon checkout! WHAT??? Just more FREE money to hand over to them just because they could. The verdict is in: BLUEGREEN IS ONE OF THE TOP 10 MISTAKES OF MY LIFE!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

We had booked a 5 day stay at the Hammocks in Marathon Key. We are premier owners so we called the resort and asked for an upgrade. Asked them if no upgrade is available can we please have a water view room. So we check in and we have a view of a storage lot. It's all good. We know everyone can't have a water view room. The next day we're sitting by pool talking with another guest who were there on bonus time, they had checked in the same day as us. And had been given a water view room. We used our points to book the room 9 months ago, they used bonus time. So we asked to talk to the manager.

He (Dallas) called me the next day. I told him my concerns. His response was not everyone gets a water view. I explained we were using points and should have gotten the better room. But he still stated not everyone gets a view. I told him my review would reflect my feelings. His response was all the reviews come to him. Next I get an email from Bluegreen stating they read my review and their response team would get in touch with me quickly. Well it's been 8 days since I received that email. I've sent 2 more emails to them. Heard nothing back. I feel like Bluegreen has let me down on this matter. And we're very disappointed in not getting a response.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

We've been Bluegreen members for 15 years and have had Travelers Plus, which is like an extra membership program that allows you to have exclusive things that you don't get in the regular membership. Well, apparently our Travelers plus expired in 2018. I didn't think it was a big deal that it expired because I could just renew it, but I guess it is, and I guess you can't! If you don't renew it within a certain time frame you cannot get the membership again unless you buy more property. I didn't even realize that was their policy. It's a terrible policy. I am so disappointed that I would have to buy more property in order to just have a freaking $40 membership... Buying more property would cost us thousands. Why would we do that? It's just bad business, in my opinion. And so for the first time in my ownership life I am writing a bad review, because I had no idea this terrible policy existed, and as an owner I feel like I should have been made aware of this.

Bluegreen Corp. author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Bluegreen is a company that specializes in timeshares and adventure vacations, and it was founded in 1966. The company caters to more than 175,000 owners and is headquartered in Boca Raton, FL. The company features a deeded timeshare program with timeshare locations across the United States and Caribbean.

• Conveniently located: Bluegreen Corp. features timeshare properties across the United States, which makes them easy to access for customers across America.

• Bluegreen Vacation Points system: The company offers customers a points system, and they can access different resorts by accumulating more points. These points can also be exchanged with RCI properties.

• Adventures available: Representatives from Bluegreen Corp. can help customers find and book fun adventures and excursions during the time they use their timeshare.

• Gift card perks: The company gives customers who book a Bluegreen Getaway a 75 dollar Visa Reward Card as an added perk.

• Getaway deals: Bluegreen Corp. offers customers regular deals, with two to five night getaways at properties across the country that cost only 149 dollars.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Bluegreen Corp. Company Information