1.56/5
Based on 78 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover a great timeshare now

501 Bluegreen Corp. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Please let me start this review off by saying the two sales reps (Kasey and Rachel) that tried to help us were nothing but professional and accommodating to the best of their ability and this review has nothing to do with them. Back in September of 2017, my wife and I purchased a vacation getaway from Bass Pro Shops in Foxborough, MA and received a 4 night stay for just $200. The one stipulation was that we needed to sit through a 2 hour timeshare sales presentation at South Mountain Resort in Lincoln, NH. No problem.

The offer was good for one year, so we booked our stay a few weeks back before it expired. When I called to book the vacation, we were then notified that we would be staying at a Days Inn Hotel down the road but our presentation was at the South Mtn. Resort, just 5 mins away. First problem... We were told by the scam artist at Bass Pro Shops that we were staying at the South Mountain Resort, not a cheap motel that we could have matched the rate on with a AAA discount. So I told the representative on the phone that this was NOT what we were offered, we were told we were staying on the resort. And why wouldn’t you want to accommodate a potential client by putting them up on the resort where you are trying to sell timeshares?!? Makes no sense. Anyhow, we are apologized to and told that is the deal. Ok, we decide to make a small vacation out of it.

We show up to the South Mtn. Resort to book our sales presentation time and the receptionist tells us that the presentation is scheduled in the middle of the next day at 12:00. Problem #2. I was told by the representative that booked the accommodations that we could have the early morning presentation so we wouldn’t be obligated to sit down for 2 hours in the middle of the day and it allowed us to plan for something fun to do. After complaining, they pushed us to the following day at 9:00. Ok, we can deal with that, but we’re not getting off on the right foot here.

So we leave the resort and check into the Days Inn Hotel down the road. They offer a Continental Breakfast from 7-10, so the next morning we decide to grab some food before we start our day and get there around 8:30. About 5 minutes after we arrive, the restaurant manager comes out and rudely tells everyone (about 30 people) “You all need to leave right now, we have problems and the Health Inspector just shut us down and you need to LEAVE NOW.” She then proceeds to get into an argument with a French-Canadian couple trying to feed their family. Problem #3.

So we leave and head back to our room where I strike up a conversation with a neighbor who was also in town on the same Bass Pro Shop deal. He then tells me he has bugs in his room and he had sparks fly out of a light socket when he turned a light switch on. Problem #4. So we make a call to Bluegreen Vacations to see if they can accommodate us at a different hotel, perhaps their property seeing that we are interested is purchasing a timeshare. We are told there is nothing available.

About 2 hours later, we run into our neighbors who were staying at the Days Inn and they tell us that they called to complain too, and they were awarded the rest of their stay at South Mountain Resort. Problem #5. So we call Bluegreen Vacations AGAIN, they tell us that they did no such thing and that these people were not telling the truth. Well, that would be true, but the next morning before our timeshare presentation, we run into them at the resort and they showed us where they were upgraded to. Problem #6.

So, we go to the presentation which was very professional and very informative and we explain to our rep the issues we had. He then sincerely apologizes and takes a written statement from us and forwards it to his boss. After the presentation, he offers us a 8 day/7 night voucher and 2 airline ticket vouchers for $1,050 for our troubles. So at this point, my wife and I are a little skeptical in doing business with Bluegreen so we explain that we are interested in buying but we need time to assess our situation and I wanted to do more homework on the company. We were satisfied with the vacation and airline vouchers and we felt we would give them another try. So we go back in and it’s explained to us that we would receive those vouchers only if we bought the timeshare. Problem #7.

At this point, they can’t accommodate us and they don’t even offer to refund us the $200 that we invested in the first place. I rarely take the time out of my busy day to waste my time with negative reviews, but in this case, I felt it was necessary to help anyone in the future who is pondering doing business with this company. I then looked at reviews on the company (should have done this from the beginning, my mistake) and the highest overall review I see is 2.5 out of 5. Consumer Affairs rated them a 1.25 out of 5. This company clearly has its issues and hospitality is not their strong suit so if anyone is on the fence, I highly recommend you do your homework and read the reviews from not only people who decided not to buy, but the comments from people who currently own. I hope this helps. Disgruntled Potential Customer.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Promised or given all sorts of perks or add-ons for signing on. Big waste of time and money. They make it an unpleasant experience to try to book a vacation. Difficult to book, change, or cancel any portion of the trip. And their "points" that you purchase to stay at the resorts are virtually useless. The actual point value is so small that if you pay the annual maintenance fee, you are losing money. It would be much cheaper to just book your own vacations, whether it is hotel, cruise or anything else associated with or thru this so-called business. It would be better to call it a scam rather than a business. It should be illegal. If I could rate it less than 1 star, I would.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 29, 2018

99% of what we were told by the sales agents were a lie. They also give you a timeline so they can get you back there and lie again. We were lied to both times and did not find out about the lies until a few months ago. We purchased this because of what we were told below. They sold it like a mortgage and investment. I have joined a Timeshare Advocacy Group to get the word out to EVERYONE and have already shared this with my military network. I am also missing documents from the contracts we signed, a process they rushed us through.

We were told Bluegreen points are an investment, similar to a mortgage. I asked is it a deed to the properties? They said yes. Sales agent Name: Patricia **. Manager said it was deed, but we never received a deed. We were told we can deduct interest from the loan off on our taxes. We were told RCI and Bluegreen are going to merge and that when that happens I would no longer have to pay to use RCI services. Because it was sold as a deed, they emphasized that this made it more like an investment that could be sold if needed. STAY AWAY from Bluegreen and don't believe anything they tell you. This is not an investment, it is not like a mortgage, you can't refinance, and anything else they tell you is a lie. The only thing that is true is you can use the points to reserve a room. Other than that, NOTHING is true.

Original review: July 22, 2018

We are a family with a 14 year old boy and a 13 month old baby. We COULD NOT BE HAPPIER with our decision to become owners!!! We can cook meals in the resort rooms. Most have all the luxuries of home and on site activities for the children. We are able to travel WAY MORE than we were before. I feel like all the 1 and 2 star reviews come from people that did not pay attention to the seminar!!! The perks for signing up for us was 2 plane tickets, 2 full weeks free vacation. And a cruise!!! There are ownership perks, like tours/tour guides, private yacht stays for a fraction of what it would cost without the charter membership. (Mind you... This is a private yacht with your own staff to cater to you personally! CHEAP!)

NO ONE states these things are FREE. It just allows you to do the things you would never normally do without the savings of the membership! Our representative was INCREDIBLY informative and clear about all of this. Hence my feelings about the Bluegreen haters probably snoozing during the seminar. We highly recommend them!!!

Original review: July 13, 2018

I didn't do enough research, this is a worthless timeshare. I trusted it because associated with Bass Pro Shop. That was where we were introduced and where we went to meetings and stayed. Started us with sampler and we got this great cabin twice and it was wonderful. Then they hooked us with points and we can stay a couple of nights in a studio, NOT a NICE CABIN, every year points are every other year BUT we pay almost $700.00 a year in fees. You can find these on internet. People are giving them away. Which verifies my point. It is worthless. They sell you on this is an asset. "RIGHT." Stay away. You will be sorry if you don't. Horrible unless you are wealthy and have money to throw away.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

Original review: July 11, 2018

I have been a co-owner of Bluegreen vacation unit for 1 year and can say with 100% certainty that is was the worst mistake I have made in 50 years. I attended a presentation and said NO many times but a friend that I was with wanted to do it and convinced me to go in it with her. I have spent the last 8 months trying to find a place to visit... Because we did not purchased their top package, the number of points we have do not allow us to stay anywhere. We thought we would just allow the points to accumulate from one year to another and take a vacation 2 or 3 years later... The timeshare will be happy to carry over half of the points for a FEE and only for one year. So accumulating is out of the question. Hence, we will never have enough points to visit any of their resorts.

We could go to a Choice hotel... Well, if we wanted to go to a hotel, we could have saved the $14,000.00 and the exuberant cleaning fee of almost 700.00 a year and could have gone to the Ritz Carlton every year. My advice to all... DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR FALSE ADVERTISEMENT OF A GREAT VACATION. Save your money and go on vacation when you want and where you want. I am in the process of getting out of this mess. I hope that no one else has to go through what we are going through.

Original review: July 7, 2018

During a phone call with Choice Hotels I was patched to this company Bluegreen Vacations. They offered the moon and the stars, immediately charged my credit card with $99 dollars and never heard from them again. I have received no calls and no emails with the information they were supposed to forward me. I think they are a fraud.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Me and my girlfriend attended a seminar in order to get a free vacation. We sat through an hour long presentation only to come back to the sales tree who then offered us a deal. We told him no, he went and got someone else who tried to sell the same thing, we told him no, he went and got another guy who then proceeded to sweeten the pot or give us a better deal! We said we didn't want to decide that day and wanted time to think about it. My girlfriend has medical issues which requires her to see a specialist out of town fairly often which includes her needing overnight lodging on occasion. We thought maybe it was something we should genuinely look into to maybe help her save money. So after being there and wanting to leave for 3 hours and being assured of we change our minds by Florida law we have 10 days buyers remorse and could get a refund. We agreed to purchase.

On the second day the rep called and asked if there was anything we needed. Well after speaking it over with my girlfriend and reading review of the company which were not great, we had already decide we would cancel, so we told him that. He asked if there was anything he could do to keep our business. We said no, he then said that he would take care of it and that we wouldn't see a refund for up to 3 weeks. We waited 3 weeks, didn't see the funds returned in her account and called the rep back. He then stated he never got our letter of intent to cancel. Granted during the 4 hours total we were there originally they may have stated that we needed to do a written intent, but we didn't remember it and we weren't reminded when the rep ensured us that he was going to take care of it.

I just feel like that should have been something that was stated during the conversation before he said that or that after I receive the written intent, then I will be happy to take care of that. Anyways he said that we needed to go ahead and fill it out and send it in along with the owner package filled with the timeshare catalog and all the info we got for purchasing. He said don't worry about it we still had time. So we sent everything back, written intent and every piece of paper Bluegreen ever gave us.

We then have played phone or email tag with more than 10 employees varying from many customer service reps, marketing manager, a contract manager, all the way to a director of sales that ultimately 4 months later decided we weren't getting a refund because of the contractual issue of the intent not being turned in on time. I told him his employee didn't remind me when he said it would be taken care of that I needed to and that after I was told that even after that time period was up, that rep told us to send back everything... That we still had time and it would be fine. He kept trying to go back to the contractual issue, which I understand. We messed up.

According to that employee though, several reviews of similar situations with this company and even other employees I've spoken to that exceptions are made in cases like this. He stated several times that he wasn't going to refund it, we were stuck with it, it is what it is. I understand we made a mistake, but it was an honest one. They apparently can and have made exceptions before with things like this but for us refused. I don't understand how or why a company, much less another person would treat someone this way when they have it within their power to help.

So we're stuck with a time share we will be selling as soon as possible, to get away from a company that we will never do business with much less use their product whether we paid for it or not. Based on a principle that may be dying in the world we live in but that isn't the way to treat people. I hope anyone interested that reads this doesn't get roped into the guerrilla sales tactics from this company and have to deal with them like we have. They may treat you better, but I wouldn't count on it.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I just returned from Charleston, SC, travel accommodations courtesy from Bluegreen for a sales presentation. The cost was $249 for Five Days, four nights at Hampton Inn on Sessions Way. The hotel was clean, the staff was great & breakfast was fabulous to be free. They provided eggs, fresh waffles, toast, pastries, sausages, cereal, fresh fruit including watermelon, cantaloupe & grapes. You will be required to pay sales taxes each day ($16-$18 per day) on a credit card. Overall, $318 for four nights wasn't bad considering, the rack rate on Expedia & Orbitz was $171 including all fees. ($684 if I booked separately or $318 for listening to a presentation. I also extended my vacation a day for an additional $144 with my AAA discount.) I also received a $75 gift card, when I first purchased vacation, plus another $100 gift card & "free carnival cruise".

Technically, I paid $143 for my four nights. (The free cruise is either a 3, 4 or 5 day cruise for two adults & we have to pay port charges of up to $200 per person in a basic room. They do offer a variety of cruises & times, going to Mexico, Bahamas or Florida. We scheduled the presentation, the first available day & time to "get it over with". We arrived at 8:30am and was done by Noon. A little longer for my liking but if you give any indication that you are interested, they will keep trying to persuade you. The cost was $39,990 for 20,000 points a year to be used for travel. A room averages 500-4000 a night depending on the location. (Florida 500-2000 points a night, New York City 3000-4000 a night.) You also have access to discounts on hotels throughout the year and last minute deals which actually were great. We looked at a Seven day stay at Sandals in Negril that was on $299 for a week, which I have never seen that resort so inexpensive.

The biggest deal breaker for us was that the annual maintenance fees were approx. $1800 a year. They keep saying you will receive a "deed" and you can give to your kids, kids, kids, but even after we pay $40,000, they will be on the hook for the maintenance fees for life. The $1800 will keep increasing for life as well. They offered a lower point system of 10,000 for $23,990 with maintenance fees about $1000 annually. It still wasn't worth it. They thanked me for my time & did not seem bitter. I will say this is the only Timeshare that I have been to, that didn't offer refreshments. We were so thirsty.

So all in all, you are paying for a concierge service with this Timeshare. This was my 5th timeshare presentation since 2001. I can't help but wonder if I would of purchased the first one offered in Orlando by Westgate Resorts would of been worth it for $10,000, I guess I will never know. I do however, recommend anyone who wants to take themselves or family on an inexpensive trip to do a Bluegreen Timeshare presentation. My 3.5 hours of time was worth the $143 that I paid for a great vacation with my family. We visited Island of Palms beach, Folly Beach, Charleston Fun Park & Whirlin Water Adventure park.

Original review: June 25, 2018

We are very happy owners. We knew what we were getting into when we bought into it, and negotiated the FULL perks that the salespeople CAN offer. I told them without a full flush of their employee offers and amenities... it would be a "NO". So, they gave it to us. When the "reviews" come around (And they do at every destination) I tell them $500 and a guarantee that it won't last more than 45 minutes. They NEVER give in... so I tell them "NO".

There is the difference. We love Bluegreen, because we bought what we wanted, and what we intended it for... and we're happy with it. If you are one of the losers who say "can't afford, don't want, didn't need" then why did you even go to a sales meeting? I have bad news for you... There are NO FREE LUNCHES. PERIOD. If you're a "get it for free" person... I have news for you... NOTHING is for free. But, what we DO PAY FOR... is all high quality and premium facilities. Golf Card International... FREE membership with the Travelers Plus... and I've golfed for FREE three times on it... The first round paid for the Travelers Plus membership... and we're happy. The activities, worth it. Family time, worth it. Travel experience, worth it. If you're a freeloader... forget it, nobody will ever make you happy. Hope you find peace... because we did, and every penny spent is worth it to us.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Bluegreen Myrtle Beach: I was called and sold a vacation getaway package from Choice Hotels. My wife couldn't make due to death in her family which I explained to them and was told she still had to be there for the timeshare pitch or they were going to charge me for the 4 night stay in the room. Next I checked current rates at hotels.com to see what the current rate was I could get, it was $82/night at the crappy hotel they upgraded me to. They charged me $257 for the original sale and $85 to upgrade to a crappy hotel on the beach. then they charged me an additional $257 because my wife couldn't make it!!! What a rip off! $599.00 for a 4 night stay in a $82.00 night hotel.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I had placed a reservation last year for my family and I for a vacation. Family was coming from out of town. They took days off work yada yada yada. Well I get a call today two weeks before my vacation and they tell me they are canceling my reservation and does not have any other place they can put me for that week that I requested. Except for in another State and no beach around. For one How do they expect me to get there? The beach vacation I had reserved is only 3 1/2 hours from me which I could’ve drove. Arizona is a couple hundred miles away. Did they try to compensate me for anything. No!!!

I would not recommend this timeshare for anyone. I think there’s better out there. This isn’t even the first time this year they have ruined a vacation for me. I had another reservation last month and when I called to confirm even with a Confirmation number they told me I did not have a reservation. So that one was messed up. I am a silver member... obviously that doesn’t mean anything to them. I just wonder what would happen if I was just starting out. They just don't seem to care about their owners. And not to have a place to fall back on... it's beyond me... Run Run for your life. Find a timeshare that care if you and your family are happy.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Spent $795 for their sampler package a year ago. Nothing is ever available when you want to use it. Expires within 12 months of purchase, you can extend it one more year but they charge you another $35. As I said nothing has ever been available within reasonable time and area. When I try to use it during the time they allow which has all holidays blacked out and very limited during the summer. This company is crap. This product is crap. Highway robbery, save your money and stay away!

Original review: June 8, 2018

If you are already an owner chances are they are going to really try to get you to buy more points. You can negotiate the price per points, too. If they are desperate you might be lucky enough to get points for a low price. We get rather frustrated by the knowledge and information they give you when in an update or even on the phone asking questions. I swear you never get the same answer twice. And you never get a complete, direct answer, much like our politicians. They skirt around the issue. If you are in the market for a timeshare, check resales. You get a much better deal. You might not get all the "perks", but they can take those away from you anytime anyways. We are Platinum owners and we used to have unlimited cancellations. They have now changed it to 10 free per year. NOT happy with them AT ALL!

Original review: June 6, 2018

I purchased 3 nights and 4 days stay for $149.00 last August. I called to make reservations for June of 2018, and added an additional day for $50.00. After I made reservations with Christina she asked about my spouse. I explained that I was separated and she then said I would have to speak with someone in another department. I spoke with Jasmine and she said that I could transfer my account to the person I would be coming with. She sent me a form for me and my friend to fill out and return. After giving me the wrong fax number 2x and about 5 reps later, the transaction was done.

Once the account was transferred to my friend, they switched the location. I had paid for and confirmed a beach resort with Christina. But, they changed it to a hotel an area that looked very unsafe and was very far from the beach. When I called to inquire about the change, the customer service rep said that they could no longer speak with me because the account had been changed.

I got my friend to call on three way to ask why they changed and they gave her a ** response. They told her they could put in a request for the resort previously confirmed and get back in 72 hours. She declined and asked for a refund. She was then told that it was too late for a refund even though, I had just made a $50.00 payment on 5-30-18 for an additional day. I was told that I can't get my money back! AND, THE CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE REPS ARE VERY RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL, ESPECIALLY JOE. For the most part, they don't tell you any of the specifics until after they get your money. This company is in the business of ripping off hard working citizens. Buyer beware!

Original review: May 29, 2018

I was going through a divorce and I called to cancel our vacation. I explained the situation. I told them I would not be using the vacation package because we were getting a divorce. I was told to call back after the divorce was final and I had proof and I would then be eligible for a refund. I called and they are now telling me they can't do anything and I should have been given a refund when I originally called. They are telling me they don't have any notes in the system. I am now out $500 when I am doing EXACTLY what I was told to do. Do NOT trust this company. They are not true to their word and I will make sure I do the research and NEVER stay at any of their properties ever again.

Original review: May 20, 2018

My husband and I was so excited about the investment we made for not just us but our family, (children). However this company may be good for someone that doesn't have to work or they can take vacations anytime. The salesman will do whatever it takes to get you to sign. We received so many cruises 3 exact to use. However it's been a nightmare. We have spent in the last year with this company over $5000 for nothing. Then I just found out that I lose my points (8000). I thought I could roll it over and No. Unless I pay amount and then they go down in value. I'm in the process to get out of my contract because this is a ripoff for us. I just would like to help someone not to make the same mistake. Everything looks good on surface but after we were fooled.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I'm not a good writer so I don't write reviews but I really want people to know my experience before buying into this vacation program that Bluegreen offers. So here's my story. The beginning, we are from San Diego and we were shopping at the outlet mall when someone from the booth approach us and gave us the spiel of free nights in Vegas if we just sit for 2 hours of sale speech. THAT IS THE FIRST LIE - It's not 2 hours it's from 8 am to 2 pm. They said we have 4 hotels we can choose from and there are some on the strip - 2ND LIE, you can't choose! They will put you to one of the contracted hotel which about 2 miles or more from the strip. We stayed at Tuscany Suites, which is pain the butt to walk or even get an Uber from. We paid $200 for that free 3 nights (not really free) but we got $150 visa gift card back so really not so bad and we stayed New Year's eve.

During the speech they make you feel like you are really in a cage and can't get away unless you pay something. After the 1 hours speech, we were taken by another person for a 1 on 1. The price of the vacation club doesn't seems cheap compare to what we spend every year, and tell you we travel a lot locally and internationally. So we said we'll think about it. So many good things and so many promises they said that made us wonder if this is really for us, so they offered the sample package $900 for 9000 points that we have to spend in a year.

The tour of the hotel/vacation club... so they take you on a tour. Every time they take you to one they tell you how much points you can get which is like 150-500 points and on peak could be 1000 points. The $900 sampler is 9000 points. Wow! I can get a lot of free rooms right? Nope - another LIE, when I tried to book the room, the smallest room on a very slow month is 2,000 points plus $50 protection plus so it's like $225 per room per night on 1st week of June. I look online at Hotels.com. Same hotel same room is only $145 per night. What? Why did I pay advance to this sampler again? What's the benefits? NONE. So do not buy the sampler if they are still offering it.

Oh and plus they require you to go on the tour again and waste another half day to convince you to buy. No one can really show me how much is the points if you are a real owner. Someone keeps telling me that the website for vacation owner is different from the sample so the points I am charge for the sampler is much higher from the owner. So I ask if they can show me online on how much is the points for real owner, someone in that sales room should be an owner right? And should be able to log in to their system so I can really see how easy and the actual points and pricing for the real owner and not the sampler owner. So part of that deal also is you get a 2 free cruise... bogus, it's not free, it's a discount of like $100 per person. I don't know about other people but for me, I felt like I was cheated on with the $900 sample pack I bought.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I purchased and participated in this Bluegreen sponsored from the Pembroke Lakes mall without a hitch... Why? Because I understand that it was a PROMOTION that I had been SELECTED for. I understand the difference between a PROMOTION and something that I have WON. Anyways, I have purchased this package at $298. Why give my CC over the phone you ask? Because the whole point of a credit card is to prevent you from fraud... You know the 1-800 number on the back... I knew I would be staying at a hotel rather than the actual resort because I simply asked where I'd be staying. What else would you expect for $298? I listened to the entire 20+ min pitch because I knew there were details that I'd want to know before purchasing. But I know I'm going to Vacation with or without them so why not try and save the money. I mean forget the land vacation. A cruise alone for 298 is unbeatable. So I heard them out.

They informed me of a 45 day advanced notice for off peak travel time and a 90 day notice for peak seasons which is fair enough. Again, 298 no problem. As far as the 2 hour guided tour goes I figured it can't be too hard to say "no" if it didn't make sense for me and my family. It's not like they'll come in with ski masks. Nonetheless I booked my land vacation for Orlando, FL. Rather simple procedure. I don't get why its so hard for these people who find time to complain are having so many problems. I just followed simple procedure set before me by Bluegreen. $298 for 2 vacations... I spent that on my son's Xbox.

Original review: May 2, 2018

So BGR says they just care about memories, or family time... Bah Bah. Give me a break. We are on our way back to cancel our timeshare purchase because we were lied to!!! They have wasted a full day in Florida with our kids!!! They lied to us before coming repeatedly, then they say that you are a charter member, you can go on the yachts with the club!!! So Amazing. Right??? No!!! They lied. It’s 150 to 250 a night extra per person, so it’s 1200 to 2000 extra to do this!!! They didn't tell you that!!! Or that your points will have some decreased value when rolled over if it’s over 5000.00 saved!!! Liars!!! Fraud!!!

They have ruined my time in Florida, with my family! They are making us drive back to get the packet pack to them, they are so cheap! Then tell me I have to write a letter to cancel, and get my deposit back!!! What century are we in, that I couldn’t email this??? Lol!!! I will tell you all stay away from BGR, we are looking with other companies to get a good timeshare!!!

Original review: April 21, 2018

I’m definitely not the type to write reviews, but after seeing all the negative reviews, I have to speak up. My wife & I are very happy with our Bluegreen ownership. We were not pressured, suckered, or gimmicked into purchasing. The salespeople were very respectful, and assured us NOT to purchase if it would place us under any financial strain or hardship. We came to the agreement to purchase amongst ourselves, and have not been disappointed. We WERE however made aware that there would be annual maintenance fees, and that we probably wouldn’t be able to book a hot destination vacation such as Florida or Hawaii on 3 weeks notice in the summertime, but would have to plan to book in advance which only makes logical sense. Booking reservations from the Bluegreen website calendar is quite simple, and you can see available dates for destinations many months in advance.

We are a young, married couple, and luckily our jobs allow us plenty of time to travel. We have been owners for 10 months, and have already stayed at BG resorts Tradewinds (St. Pete’s Beach, Fl), The Fountains (Orlando), Solara Surfside (Miami), Hotel Blake (Chicago), The Falls Village (Branson twice), Big Cedar Lodge (Branson on Tablerock Lake twice), a RCI condo on a Texas lake (week), and already have reservations booked for Myrtle Beach & The Manhattan Club (NYC) at Christmas this year. So the reviews about owning for 2-3 years and unable to book a trip or reservations is on those people. Some planning ahead is necessary. Obviously, there is no way that we would’ve been able to travel to all these destinations and see the sights if we weren’t owners. We are very happy & satisfied Bluegreen owners, and plan to be for years to come. :)

Original review: April 18, 2018

Received a phone call from these guys as a result of entering sweepstakes for a nice shiny Jeep at the mall (couldn't resist). Obviously, these guys wanted $300 to secure the ultimate vacation package, which I had been specifically selected for. After a 20 minute sales pitch where I muted my mic and played video games, they asked for my CC details, which I declined to give out. I'm happy to say that I wasted their time. At the end of the conversation I mentioned the ConsumerAffairs site and the reviews. Hoo boy, they didn't like that. Hung up on me. I was looking forward to ** them around further. Yeah, don't ever book with these guys. It's a waste of time. :)

Original review: April 17, 2018

Bluegreen misrepresents themselves and flat out lies to sell you a vacation package, then their customer service agents are completely useless. They have no idea what’s going on and make no effort to give any real help. You get different information every time you call. And worst of all, their financial department can’t be reached directly and no one that you can speak to gives accurate info. They have held a large sum of my money which was an account overage for over three weeks and no one can tell me when I will get it back. Don’t let them sell you anything!

Original review: April 15, 2018

I wished I had read the reviews before after they called to sell me this piece of crap. They sent me the package to the wrong email address (so I didn't have opportunity to cancel in 30 day period before I finally got the package info). I was told I would have two separate rooms for the Arizona property but when it came time to go, I called in advance to confirm because I didn't get actual property address. They told me I would have one room with two beds and I would needed to upgrade to get a property resort (this wasn't told me during the sales call). I cancelled reservation and I finally got to use the deal a month before it expired (in St. Pete's). They didn't offer me opportunity to schedule 2 hour presentation, they just said show up at 12:30 on Saturday. The property is 30 mins away from hotel they book me (not near the beach) and the time to get there was longer because there was traffic.

Oh, and the three $100 dinner vouchers they give you to offset the cost of the package are useless. There are only a few select places (not quality restaurants) you can use them and not many take the $100 voucher (most $5, 10 and 25) so you would lose $75 if you used one of them. Also, you have to spend double the face value of the voucher to use the voucher. I think I will pass on the cruise and 3 day/2 night packages that came with deal because there are additional costs and probably some hidden fees. Oh, by the way, the St. Pete Resorts is very very old (but gorgeous ocean view.) So it was probably a good thing they stuck me at the Marriott thirty minutes away. It is funny reading the views with more than 3 stars (none of them have verified buyer indicators so they are probably reviews submitted by Bluegreen.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Don’t do it! Way over the top with trying to constantly sell you something instead of trying to make things work for the plan that you signed up for. And if you don’t add more points you are blocked from just about everything. Completely and utterly deceptive program! Buyers beware!!!

Original review: April 2, 2018

In Dec 2017, I booked 4 villas at Christmas Mountain Village thru Bluegreen vacations for March 2018. This was for my 32nd birthday. I had 19 people coming with me. When we arrived, the villas were not ready for check in. They were 45 min behind. Then I was informed we didn’t have villas, instead townhomes, cabins, and lofts. All of which were smaller than villas and didn’t have the same accommodations. I had come from Chicago and had brought food for 20 people to bbq because we were supposed to have grills. There were no grills! Then we were given these new rooms, I noticed that there was a loft, which meant no doors for a bedroom, there were double beds, and 1 shared bathroom in the cabins.

I had 7 couples who were included in my 20 count. When I booked, I had called several times to ask about the bathroom and sleeping arrangements. I was assured we all had Queen/king beds and 2-3 bathrooms in each villa. Instead, when I got there, there were log cabins with double beds and 1 shared bathroom. One couple left the resort to go to a hotel because they didn’t drive 7 hrs just to share a bathroom with another couple they didn’t know. I stood at the front desk going back and forth with the workers for 3 hrs trying to get the rooms figured out. They were constantly telling me they were at capacity and could do nothing for me. One guy even went so far as to say, “Well, when you booked, you didn’t specify the room had to have a door!” referring to the loft. I was mortified. Then they were telling me, I could push the double beds together to make one bed! I couldn’t believe my ears.

Lastly the front desk manager offered me $20 back off my total bill which was roughly $1400. I have never been treated so poorly. I have spoken with several people at Christmas Mountain Village resort and they claim that they’re not responsible because Bluegreen vacations is a 3rd party booking company and they have no authority to book a specific room with specific accommodations. So they should’ve never guaranteed me a villa. And I explained to them, resort I didn’t hire their 3rd party company, they did and I need to be compensated for all these issues. I still have no resolve. Never use these two companies.

Original review: April 1, 2018

We took advantage of a free weekend at Shenandoah Crossing, a Bluegreen Resort. We opted to join because of the Coast to Coast membership that came with it. We have an RV and they assured us that we would enjoy a Coast to Coast membership with Shenandoah Crossing as our home resort. Boy did they scam us good! Almost $9,000 on the membership and $500 in yearly maintenance fees and their resort and service has been declining ever since. Some things are small, like the fact that they used to provide towels at the pool, but they don’t anymore and they don’t enforce their rules (8 year olds running around driving golf carts when the rule is they have to be 16). Others are much more unacceptable.

First, to make a reservation you have to call Shenandoah for normal reservations, but if you want the more elite treatment available, you have to call a number in Fla. We have been there every year on the same weekend and reserved an RV site with a hot tub. The first year, no problems. Since then, they are never available unless you call right before you’re scheduled to arrive and see if there have been any cancellations.

This year, although we understood it was a holiday weekend (Easter) we were again told, by the place in Fla. that none were available. We called the day before check-in and confirmed that we still couldn’t get one. So, we asked for a specific site number that we knew we liked. Of course we were told that they don’t hold sites. Ok, so we arrived and went to our assigned site. We noticed that the site we wanted was empty so we called and asked about it. We were told they were holding it for someone! Then, as we went for walks during our stay, we noticed several hot tub sites empty. We checked the hot tubs and they were operational.

Another thing they didn’t reveal about Coast to Coast is that some of the campgrounds that honor this membership will put you in the less desirable locations of their property. So, we spent a lot of money and, yes, we expected special treatment for it. They told us we needed to play the points game to get what we wanted. They know very well that we don’t have enough points to do that, so of course, they would be willing to talk to us about purchasing more. I wouldn’t give them one star, but I wasn’t sure my review would show up if I didn’t.

Original review: March 30, 2018

My stay at Bluegreen La Pension, I have always wanted to stay in New Orleans. Bucket list kind of thing, but as a Bluegreen owner never could make that possible. Can't afford more points and never any last minute availability. So I search online and I see all kinds of units available online but at the cost of 100s a $$$ a night! So I call corp office and explain to her what is going on. Why are these rooms not available to owners first??? She miraculously gives me a free room at no charge. Seems kinda like hush $$$ but I take it, feeling like I deserve it from all the ups and downs being a Bluegreen owner and the yearly cost. But now I understand why there are only so many rooms at each property. I get it $$$ first for Bluegreen.

So my trip comes up we decided to leave a day early to have more time with family that we meet out there. Keep in mind traveling is exhausting on its own, Sunday Jan 28th up at 5 am for a 8 am flight. Meet up with family. Check in at hotel. We ended up being up for around 19 hours that day but get a good 6 hours of sleep at this hotel nice and quiet. Also my husband is diabetic so looking for more rest at the next Hotel. It's important to his health to get the right amount of sleep.

Pack up at a different hotel on Monday 29th then go to La Pension. Check in room isn't ready but we are early. That is understandable. Leave for lunch and we are told they would call us when the room is ready. Sometime around 6 we get our keys and at no point do they tell us we are in the sales building next to a model unit that they show from early morning to night! I do walk past the sales room on the way to the elevator thinking nothing of it 'cause we'll be on the 6th floor. First night was awful. From the street noise we were up and down all night. Still didn't see or hear anything from next room 'cause we arrived at the room late. So in the morning I call the front desk to possibly move but before I could ask the young lady at the front desk tells me the rooms at the back of the building are far worse with all the noise and have a alley view!

At this point we are up. Go eat. Come back to take a nap, My husband and I have the balcony doors open starting to do what married people do and OMG someone is on the balcony next door! Oops my fault I guess. Someone checked in next door. Close the curtains! They can clearly see us and we can see them!!! I'm horrified!!! SO later on I learn that this hotel don't care about noise control or my privacy either!!! So we meet up with family and we are gone for the day. So at dinner we come up with a good idea to put the mattress on top of the pull out couch in the front room. Great. No more street noise!!!

Jan 30th... We do sleep better in the front room until about 7 am I hear someone rolling out luggage, okay just the people next door leaving, hear the elevator door slam OK. We are in a close area with 3 other rooms. No problem 'cause our door is right in front of the elevator right we are sleeping. 8 am I hear a cleaning lady knocking on all the doors. Housekeeping! She knocks on my door! In my Half asleep state I swing open the door, I say we are sleeping!!! She says, "You don't have your do not disturb sign up!!!" I tell her I'm not checking out till Saturday!!! Oops my fault again. Didn't have the sign up, but this really didn't matter cause I can hear her at every door knocking already waking me up at 8 am.

I apologize to her later on 'cause she is only doing what she was told. This is the hotel's policy to knock on all the doors to see if you need anything every morning!!! I have never stood at a Bluegreen property that does this. If I need something I call!!! This is an old building and you can hear everything!!! So on about 5 hours asleep I try to go back to sleep. I can hear the elevator go up and down, doors slamming and people talking, etc. I give up on sleeping and need to wash a load of clothes. Call the front desk for laundry soap, I ask the lady at the front desk why is there so much noise around here when there is only 3 other rooms??? She then tells me we are staying next to a model unit that they show all day!!!

I couldn't believe it!!! This is the second time I complained and still didn't offer to move me!!! And why would Bluegreen disturb anyone's vacation with their Sales department!!! Strangers coming and going, no privacy and all the noise!!! Call the front desk back and ask for a manager to call me, do my laundry. Never hear from her.

Get dressed, go to the lobby and just so happen to see Christina ** the manager, I explain to her everything, even the having relations with my husband and the first words out of her mouth was making it my fault that if I had a neighbor the same thing can happen instead of apologizing for no one informing me about having the room next to me shown all morning, I would have never agreed to stay in that room in the first place. Managers dont seem to care about the safety of their guests with strangers coming and going either.

I also explained to her if I had a neighbor it would be the same people and I would know if they're coming and going and they wouldn't be making noise all day and night!!! We most likely would get to know each other. I told her I'm on the balcony trying to read a book, waiting for my laundry to finish, trying to relax and there is different people every time I turn around on the balcony next to me!!! So by her attitude that this is somehow my fault before she can offer me another room I get on my high horse and inform her I'm not moving, packing and moving is not an option and the management needs to have some respect for the people in these rooms on vacation before your sales department!!!

AT this point I feel like I am sticking up for me and the other people that stay and have stood in these rooms!!! She tells me no one else has ever complained, which after reading reviews on the internet this is a lie. There are many complaints of noise in the hallways, that is besides the point. In this business one complaint is too many!!!

I Also informed her I will let these people know what you are doing to us on my vacation if the noise doesn't stop, it's not the hotel's fault with the street noise but the noise in the hotel can be controlled till a certain time. I know it's a crazy thing to ask of a hotel to have peace and quiet so we can sleep and privacy!!! It's one thing to be disturb by other guests but to have the sales team disturbing guests that is beyond rude!!! I tell her, "My Vacation seems to be revolving around your schedule not mine". I leave to continue my day second day staying here, Another day everything we do we are tired and sluggish from lack of sleep.

Return to my room that night. Tired to nap before dinner, at 6:30 pm The GM Zandrea calls me. I explain to her what is going on, Yes I have a bad attitude of course cause she woke me up and being sleep deprived I have no patience especially for once again another manager that has the attitude that this is my fault and is not apologizing and sees nothing wrong with the sales department disturbing us on our vacation. She offers me another room. I say NO. Why should I have to pack up and move, I have the balcony I like, the view I like.

Knowing another employee telling me it's worse where they want to move me more noise and looking at an alley!!! No thank you! I tell her, "How dare you do this to people on Vacation, even though this room was given to me with traveling, eating and flights we have now spent around 2000$ and no one seems to care that all we like to do is get some sleep and have some privacy!!! We aren't rich people. We worked hard for that $$$".

JAN 31st Some noise but not as bad today. After talking to them I thought maybe they now understand. Feb 1st... 7 am woken up again by the same noise, but fall back to sleep till 9. Broken sleep but grateful for any sleep cause we are going on a 6 hour tour. Morning of Feb 2nd... Last day have to be up at 5 am next Morning for flight home... Same noise 7 am, listen to the Elevator go up and down nonstop. 8 am cleaning guy next door pounding on the walls, I get up to inform him we are trying to sleep. Continues to clean, vacuuming, etc., etc. 9 am hear elevator up and down. People talking, etc. for hours...

So now at some point after 10 am I lose my mind from broken sleep for days. I hear people talking right in front of my door like nothing. It's the sales team waiting for the elevator. I'm guessing talking to a client, Since Bluegreen don't care about me and after days of asking for quiet I scream in the hallway informing them what is going on and don't buy ** from this company!!! ~ Bluegreen doesn't care about the $$$ that we have spent on taking this vacation. Why should I care about Bluegreen making $$$.

So now I'm up, there is no sleep in sight for us... Around 11 am there a knock on the door. GM standing there. "Zandrea", I tell her, "You have been waking me up since 7 am!!!" She then tells me I have 20 mins to pack up and leave the property or she will call the police... I close the door and tell her I'm not leaving and to call the police. At this point I'm thinking I have warned them, asked, pleaded for quiet, what have I've done wrong but stand up for myself and let other people know how they treat their guests!!!

But the police don't care either so they come into our room, tell us to leave or we are going to jail!!! So we pack and leave. We are now out on the street with our luggage in a city we hardly know with nowhere to go! We book flights to go home. Missing the parade I always wanted to see!!! Call customer service. They don't care either 'cause the GM told them that she offered us to move, so I guess to Bluegreen that makes everything okay!!!

I wasn't moving for the reasons I have already explained. Your owners should never be disturb by your sales team unless we choose to!!! All I could do is cry from feeling so powerless. All I can say is I want a divorce from Bluegreen. I can't believe this was done to us... I'm guessing I need a lawyer!!! I'm just hoping someone at Bluegreen reads this letter and maybe don't realize how Zandrea ** is running this property. I'm now sitting at home sick to my stomach and in disbelief on how we were treated!!!

Original review: March 30, 2018

I was contacted by Bluegreen Vacations last October and they offered a 3 night/4 day vacation in any one of their 16 resorts located throughout the country. All I had to do was call and notify them of which resort I wanted to stay at and agree to sit through a two-hour time-share sales pitch. Fair enough, I thought, and I paid $199. When I went to book the resort today, I was told that no - I would not be staying at a resort after all - but at a 'partner hotel' which they would choose for me.

They totally lied to us about staying at one of their resorts and when I asked for my money back, they refused to refund me - even though the sales agent told me over the phone I could cancel at any time. My advice to anyone considering doing business with Bluegreen Vacations is that they use deceptive and most likely illegal business practices and I would advise them to never do business with a company like this. I could just chalk it up as a lesson learned, but I want my $199 back.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I purchased the promotional ‘getaway’ vacation for $199 from Bass Pro Shops. Was told we’d be staying at the Bluegreen vacation property in the city we selected. We would be required to go on a 2-hour sales tour at the property. However, when I called to make the reservation, I was told that unless I paid an upcharge, we’d be housed in a hotel (NOT the Bluegreen vacation property). Since we were going to be housed in a hotel, I asked if it would be close to our destination city. They said ‘yes, walking distance to downtown’ but the hotel was a 15-minute drive away. In two separate conversations with two different customer service reps, I heard the same story: “you should go to Harry’s…my husband and I always go there… He always orders the voodoo chicken.” If you’re going to script personal anecdotes, be smart enough to give a different one to each customer service rep.

When you arrive, you must check in at the Bluegreen property. Only then do you find out which hotel they’re putting you in. And only then do they tell you your tour time, without any option to know in advance and plan around your schedule. Our hotel was subpar and undergoing renovations. The fitness room was unusable. The amenities were sparse. And as stated above, it was not even close to walking distance to the nearby city. We were put in a room directly across from the elevator and were kept awake by the ‘ding’ of the elevator at all hours. Additionally, they don’t tell you that you must still pay taxes at your hotel. Bass Pro Shops sales rep and Bluegreen mislead us about the terms of our ‘getaway.’

They assign your tour day and time. Not convenient if you already made scheduled plans, as we had. Why don’t they allow visitors any say in selecting their tour time? I asked to change our tour time, and they did accommodate my request. We arrived at the tour and a guy asked us to sign forms, including one that was our agreement to pay $979.00 for the actual cost of our ‘getaway’ stay if we did not complete the tour. I told him that we were here for the tour, intended to complete it, and therefore this form was unnecessary. I said, “I wouldn’t sign it.” He said I MUST sign it to attend. I said, “I wouldn’t sign it.” And I didn’t. They let us attend anyway. We were in a group of about 20 people.

Not only do they try to get you to sign a form saying that if you don’t complete the tour, you have to pay ‘full value’ for your ‘getaway vacation,’ they will also charge you $200 for not taking the tour. So you better do the ** tour – or you’ll be fighting your credit card company over their ridiculous penalties for not taking the tour. We were told the tour would not be more than two hours, yet we’re there for three hours, listening to sales drivel and taking tours of rooms. If they wanted to impress us with the rooms, they should have put us up in one, instead of a cheesy hotel in a bad area. Victoria presented a one-hour presentation about the benefits of Bluegreen versus paying for your own hotels as you travel or owning a traditional timeshare. She was obviously schooled in ‘seminar group think’ tactics such as getting individuals to talk about their dreams, repeat her words and respond to simple but leading questions.

As an influential speaker, she was mediocre. The ‘special deal’ our group was offered was a ‘charter agreement’ with other organizations. If we purchased TODAY, we’d get all the special deals offered by these partners and save thousands of dollars. They made a cheesy laminated ‘certificate’ bullet pointing the offers to make it look ‘official.’ OH, and BTW – they greatly de-emphasized the fact that you can only use your ‘points’ at one of 76 Bluegreen -owned properties. If you want to stay at properties in the RCI vacation program, you can’t just apply your points – you must also pay an exchange fee. 76 properties is NOT a lot. They are banking on RCI’s 4,300 properties without being forthright about the details. Why not just join RCI or SPG, vacation program brokers that provide access to thousands of hotels?

Next came the hard sell (after Victoria assured the group that Bluegreen prided itself on NOT doing the hard sell thing). We were ushered into a conference room where each buying party was paired with a sales rep. Lisa (our rep) answered our questions and brought over Troy (the sales manager) whenever we asked a question she couldn’t answer, which was often. Finally, after telling us how much money we’d save based on an oversimplified calculation of our hotel room costs over ten years of travel, they put a piece of paper in front of us asking for $44,900 to invest in their vacation program. Like any halfway intelligent consumers, we said that we would not make a same-day decision, but we’d consider it. We requested the backup documentation (e.g., complete descriptions and disclosures of all annual fees, exchange fees, etc.). They said they couldn’t give it to us. Really?

I stated that no intelligent consumer would make a decision like this without performing the necessary due diligence and evaluating the fine print. Troy, the Sales Mgr, asked me why I hadn’t performed my due diligence on Bluegreen. Uh, wasn’t that why we were here? We came here to learn about the program. The fact that they were not willing to provide any detailed information was not only a deal breaker, but a ridiculous affront to their expectation that their customers would do due diligence. Troy’s last resort sales pitch was to tell us that he knew that if we said we’d ‘think about it,’ that we’d never come back. He was right. We declined the offer and left.

If Bluegreen’s sales process was more intelligent, they’d figure out a way to allow folks to ‘think about it’ and still be compelled to take the bait the next day or two. In retrospect, after the event, I got even madder when the reality fully sunk in: For $45k, they never actually stated what you would OWN. Am I buying fractional real property, or simply vacation program points? Never. Made. Clear. = Fraud. Many fees are noted ‘subject to change without notice’ – never a good sign. There was no mention of how property stays were delegated during peak times when many ‘owners’ would be requesting the same properties. There was absolutely no information provided with even a simple annual breakdown of average ‘owner’ maintenance fees, exchange fees and other fees over time.

There was no explanation of the ROI, except for the ability to book hotels at lower prices. If I ‘own’ something, what equity am I earning? Apparently, none. Thank God we never considered buying. The sales pitch is compelling enough to influence consumers into making impulsive decisions they will regret. If you ask to receive detailed info in order to ‘think it over,’ you’ll be denied because they know anyone with half a brain will never come back after a tad bit of critical thinking. I was thoroughly disgusted by the entire process, from Bass Pro Shop’s misleading ‘getaway vacation’ pitch to the final moments (three hours later) when Troy, the Sales Mgr, resorted to making us feel like losers for walking away in an attempt to ‘guilt’ us into buying. After reading others’ reviews, it’s clear my gut is right. This company makes me sick. Do NOT purchase anything from them. Complete. Scam. They are a disgrace.

Not sure about Bluegreen Corp.?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Timeshares for you.

Bluegreen Corp. expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Bluegreen is a company that specializes in timeshares and adventure vacations, and it was founded in 1966. The company caters to more than 175,000 owners and is headquartered in Boca Raton, FL. The company features a deeded timeshare program with timeshare locations across the United States and Caribbean.

• Conveniently located: Bluegreen Corp. features timeshare properties across the United States, which makes them easy to access for customers across America.

• Bluegreen Vacation Points system: The company offers customers a points system, and they can access different resorts by accumulating more points. These points can also be exchanged with RCI properties.

• Adventures available: Representatives from Bluegreen Corp. can help customers find and book fun adventures and excursions during the time they use their timeshare.

• Gift card perks: The company gives customers who book a Bluegreen Getaway a 75 dollar Visa Reward Card as an added perk.

• Getaway deals: Bluegreen Corp. offers customers regular deals, with two to five night getaways at properties across the country that cost only 149 dollars.

• Best for: People who want a luxury vacation property, large families, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with disposable income.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Boca Raton
    FL
    www.bluegreenonline.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business