1.49/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Discover a great timeshare now
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 12, 2017

436 Bluegreen Corp. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Okay, so apparently you have to give one star to be able to do a review. For the record, I was hoping for a negative star option but it's not possible. We were suckered into buying a Bluegreen timeshare like thousands of others. They dangled a free cruise in front of us to get us in the door. I was told that all I had to do was pick up the cruise tickets and absolutely did not have to attend a seminar/sales pitch. Yeah, we were ambushed at the door and had to sit through their sales pitch. It turns out that our "free cruise" was actually going to cost us $1200.00 after all the fees etc! What a joke! We didn't take the cruise.

So, we pay annual fees of $764.00 so we can have about 3 nights in prime season, or 5 if you go to the beach in winter. We could just use our maintenance fees and pay for a nicer place for when we actually want to go away, not when they tell us we can. Also, the types of places they own are substandard when compared to what they charge. Once you're in, it's almost impossible to get out. We've tried and it's basically "you pay" to get out. You will get no return on your timeshare when you sell and we were actually told we'd have to pay $1,500.00 to sell it! Overall, this is the biggest scam I've seen. If you're considering buying in, or you've been accosted by someone on the street from BG - steer well clear of these folks.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

The lodging we had as part of our BlueGreen vacation deal was bad. We paid extra to stay at the lodge at Shenandoah Crossing in Virginia and it would have been better for us to stay in a local hotel. Rooms were musty smelling, little and with no room refresh or breakfast amenities.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I am a Platinum Owner of a Bluegreen Timeshare. I would never recommend owning one. I have always paid the extremely high maintenance fees without complaining. I have always had trouble finding availability at resorts, but did not complain. Recently the company took 15,000 points from my account because they said I called in and manually booked reservations using future points. This was simply not true. I have always booked online and told them I do not call in to book reservations. I asked them to produce a recording of the call since they are "recorded to ensure quality service", but they do not have a copy. I would sell my Bluegreen timeshare today if it was worth anything. If I could give them zero stars I would.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

In August of 2017, I booked a vacation to Tennessee. My father got sick so I needed to cancel the trip. I called to let them know I could not go and was told the package was good until October 18. Since my situation had not changed, I called after October 18th and asked to have my money refunded. At that time I was told the vacation package was non-refundable. That was never explained to me at the time I bought the package, if it was I would never have purchased it. This is a warning to any thinking of buying a vacation package from Blue Green Vacations, make sure you ask about their cancellation policy. If they tell you the amount you are paying is non-refundable, run away from the deal, somehow, they feel the service they are doing is so valuable, they need to keep your money in the event you can't go. My advice, stay away from Blue Green Vacations.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

As with most angry "owners," I am in a huge bind. The lady in Las Vegas at the Bluegreen Resort there asked us how much we vacation. I said, locally, around 2 weeks per year. She asked how much we probably spend. I told her maybe $1000 or so annually. That would be stretching it. We got roped into buying after 4 hours of being worn down. I can only use 2 days every other year! That's the equivalent of my points. And I have to buy additional points to use the camping portion. They claimed that my points would roll right over for camping. They don't. 1 day per year equates to around $1060 after my monthly payment and my maintenance fees. These maintenance fees keep going up too. That was a shocker. She'd told me they'd be around $350 or so. The 1st year, they weren't bad... The 2nd year, they skyrocketed!

If there was ANY legal way I could get out of this contract, I'd do it. They told me non-payment would affect my credit. This was all a lie. Nothing verbally discussed during that 4-hr conversation was accurate. I bought something that is intentionally confusing to mislead customers. Once you dive and figure out all the color coded months, amounts of points to reserve, etc... It's worthless. Plus you have to book like a year ahead to get what you think you want. God forbid that your plans change... You're screwed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

We are new owners of 20,000 points with Bluegreen. We were suckered in in Williamsburg Virginia. We were VERY clear to the many people we dealt with that the way we like to vacation is with our 3 children and grandchildren on cruises and all inclusives. We were assured that with 20,000 points we can take our family (10 all included) on all inclusive vacations and cruises. We would have to convert our points with RCI as Bluegreen does not have all inclusive vacations but we can do it. So after our 30-45 day wait before we could book anything we call a couple of all inclusive resorts in the Dominica Republic and yes for our points we can get accommodations BUT we would have to pay for airfare and $260 a day PER PERSON and $144 a day for children for the all inclusive. Well with that it would cost about $10,000 to go on this all inclusive in ADDITION to our points.

We were given a so called FREE cruise to sign up because I was crying about how much this would cost and the cruise is NOT free. You have to pay about $239 for port fees and taxes. You can only go during times they choose and not from June-August. I found that all out afterwards. The worst thing I found out is they tell you that you can GIVE This to your children when you die. Well your children don't have a choice. They have to take it and pay the maintenance fees and membership fees. It's not a choice.

They tell you that you can save your points and borrow points from the next year... Well if you save your points from one year to another they can only be used during certain times of the year. WE were lied to over and over again but didn't find out until we committed to way too much money. They tell you that you come back with them paying for your hotel for training and set us up for 3 months later and we were looking forward to training. It was ANOTHER lie. It was another meeting trying to get us to buy more points. We even asked them to show us how to book the all inclusive and they never did. There was NO training. They had 5 different people talk to us in that second meeting. The one guy has a book on his shelf that is titled "How to say it". They are awful. I can go on and on about all the lies but by now I hope I have convinced you it is not what they say it is.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Purchasing a sampler package is a waste of money. We tried for a year to book online, eventually we had to call in for help due to no inventory available. We were given false information and wasted two weeks waiting for RCI to help us because Bluegreen had nothing, only to find out RCI couldn't help us. They gave us the wrong information. We bought in May 2016 and are still yet to use the remainder of points we have. Talked with a manager who offered no help at all. Don't waste your money!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Horrible, harassing, unprofessional... They keep calling and calling for the past 4 years. About quarterly. We signed up for a 1 night stay for $99 and cancelled it and we have been harassed by them ever since. They will do nothing to stop... I have been rude, hung up, yelled at them, been polite and THEY KEEP CALLING!! I have not answered many times and they do not give up. I absolutely despise these people and their heavy handed, strong armed sales pitches. DO NOT fall for one of their "free" stays. You WILL pay dearly forever. They are like a festering, stinking wound that won't go away.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

We encountered a Bluegreen vacation sales rep at the Springfield, MO Bass Pro shop while we were coming from Branson MO. The guy there seemed very convincing about the promo vacation package, and really played on our emotions, since we had just returned from Branson and had been totally rained out and we had wanted this to be our 20th wedding anniversary getaway. So we thought it would be a cheap way for us to try again. As he was talking, my gut told me this was too good to be true, but my hubby really wanted to give me another good vacation, so I kept quiet. BIG MISTAKE!!! We bought the package to go to Savannah GA for $199, and made plans to go the second week in September. Well, when hurricane Irma was coming, that should have been our warning to back out of this crap with these scammers, but NO, at the last minute, like dummies we asked to reroute our trip to the smoky mountains. Another big mistake!!!

The hotel accommodations were at a crappy Ramada Inn, and mind you, on the 3rd floor all the way at the end of the hotel!!! I have MS and not good with stairs, but the lady insisted there was nothing else available. NOT SO!! When we looked around that night, there were at least a dozen or more rooms on the first floor VACANT, Bluegreen. Is just so cheap that they didn't want to pay for a first floor room, and the guy at Bass Pro said we would stay in either a HILTON or a MARRIOTT!! LIAR!! And also the lady said that there was an elevator at the far end of the hotel, you know I don't know why these people lie??!!! All there was is this long, creepy walkway that led up to the 3rd floor that WAS handicap accessible, but there was NO WAY a woman like me would EVER walk it because you could get mugged or raped in there!!!

Thank God my husband was with me!! And the first room they gave us was freezing cold BC the a/c was turned up to 10, so I turned the dial down, which kicked the heat on, and all this THICK SMOKE started coming out of the unit and the smoke alarm started going off!! The man sitting on the balcony came in to help me, he switched everything off, and by that time my husband had got there with our stuff. He had to call room service to tell them what was going on, and then we had to go ALL THE WAY BACK UP TO THE OFFICE TO CHANGE ROOMS hoping the next one would be better. It was adequate at best. At least the unit didn't smoke!! We got there on Tuesday, and we went to the sales presentation on Thursday. When we got there we had to fill out a form and show them our ID's and a credit card???

Then we had to fill out all this personal info again (I thought to myself they already had this info, why do they keep wanting it over and over again and what are they going to do with it???). Anyhow, we filled out the paperwork, and sat down. They were calling everyone else's name, but they never called ours!! The lady came up to us and said,"sorry, you don't meet the income criteria for our presentation. You will need to call this 800 number and speak to a rep." So my husband and I went out to the car and he phoned I guess the rep of the company, and talked to her, and she was saying that since we only made $49,000 a year, we were going to have to FAX copies of our w-2's and tax forms to their office!!! I DONT THINK SO!!

Well my husband told them what they can do with their faxing but and then asked if we would be responsible for the crappy hotel accommodations since we drove all the way down here and attempted to go their presentation. She said YES, and gave us a price of $298!!! She's out of her mind!! You can book that crappy room all day long for $51 on Priceline.com, and I'm sure they get it for cheaper than that! We will never, EVER do any business with Bluegreen again! All they want to do is SCAM YOU OUT OF YOUR MONEY!!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

This last weekend, my husband and I, along with our 15 year old daughter stayed at Mt. Olympus in Wisconsin Dells. We were "body grabbed" as our representative at Christmas Mountain called it. We initially were told it would be a 120 min presentation and could say no at anytime during and still leave with our discounted tickets. It ended up being a 190 minute presentation and we told them no that we couldn't afford the offers (6 of them), finally after feeling like we were cornered and could not escape, my husband said that he only brought home $400/week, when he actually brings in $700-800/ week.

After he said that, Jerry from Savannah, Georgia got all pissy and started ripping into my husband about long on the invitation. He ended up taking away the discounted tickets, which broke our daughter's heart. I got snippy with him and said, "If you're taking the tickets then I want my money back," and I told him that if the money was not put back on our card I would be calling and complaining. Needless to say the money did get put back in our acct. I have not one NICE thing to say about Bluegreen Vacations. They say they strive on the word of mouth reputation. Well I have read nothing but bad reviews about this company.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Back around April 2015, my then fiance and I "won" a free trip to the Fountains Bluegreen resort in Orlando, FL. We were told it would be 100% free in exchange for an hour long sales meeting about the vacation club. We agreed and went as we hadn't had a vacation in a very long time. The hour long meeting turned into 4 hours of us being pressured and coerced into purchasing. They literally would not let us leave. Every time we said no, they told us to wait and called over another manager. We had a lot of questions and concerns and of course, the sales rep knew exactly what to say to make it seem like a wonderful deal. The Bluegreen sales rep told us a lot of false information - including that maintenance fees never exceed $1000 a year and that Bluegreen would itself buy back any vacation membership in the event that we could no longer afford to pay the loans.

We spent 4 hours explaining to them that we were getting married in a few months and we could not afford the crazy down payments they asked. After being spoken to by 3 different managers, they came back with a "really amazing deal" where they lowered the down payment amount and threw in "free" product. It was our error not asking what our interest rate would be (wound up being over 16.99%), as we did not realize at the time that this would be an actual mortgage payment - this was never communicated to us. At the time it did seem too good to be true but we bought under the assumption that if anything happened, Bluegreen would buy it back and we would not be trapped and we could book a vacation "wherever we wanted" and on short notice. We also were never told about the 30-day refund window either. We bought their recommended package size and were reassured we could do so much with the points we purchased.

Not until we got home and tried to book a long weekend did we realize they did not sell us enough points to go anywhere. We were invited back I think a few months later for an "owner review" where we were again placed in another sales meeting which turned into 3 hours. We regretfully decided to purchase more points so we could at least use our membership we already were paying for. They were also at a "discounted rate" so we were getting a great deal according to the sales rep and manager. About a year ago I received a letter in the mail saying one of our mortgages was "sold" to another company. We had no knowledge, did not get a new account number, nothing. Here we are about 2 years later, only having been able to take 2 long weekends (4 days at most at a time) since purchasing and we are locked into something we cannot get out of.

I've spoken to Bluegreen on a few occasions about our hardships and conveniently each time they have "no record" of my previous complaints. Each time they only direct me to their reseller - Pinnacle Vacations. I did some research and Pinnacle only sells about 10% of the tens of thousands of listings they have. And they require you to PAY to list your vacation package online. So basically that is more money out of our pockets that we do not have. The only other options are to file Bankruptcy or go through a foreclosure. We also have not been able to utilize this package like we were promised as there are never any open rooms when we try to book. You literally have to book a year in advance and even then there is nothing available and to book in advance, your next set of maintenance fees must be prepaid. Regular maintenance fees, we were told, could be paid off over the course of the entire year.

We learned quickly that this is not true and you are only given 3 or 4 months to pay with interest added. And our last maintenance fees were over $1300. I don't know of many people who can come up with that money in a short time or have that extra laying around. I also went through all the paperwork given to us from Bluegreen and I cannot find any paperwork pertaining to our interest rates, the contract we signed, or other literature. It appears those crucial pieces of the agreement conveniently seem to be missing from our packets given to us from Bluegreen. It has been a burden no one should face and from the thousands of complaints I have seen, this company will stop at no end to get your money and lock you into a trap.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Do not fall into the scam. Nothing is free in this world. Free stays, free cruises, nothing is free in this world. Do not fall for this. All you have to do is be stuck with headaches with maintenance fees and yearly membership so you have to pay. You can use that, put it together and then paying yourself a vacation. Pay for it. Did not fall for it, it's just a scam...

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I just got a call from Blue Green Resort stating that I won a vacation on land and sea. They continue on saying that I put in a entry form at my local shopping mall. First, I put in to win a car. They said my entry is still on for the car. Now I might not be the brightest crayon but I smell something fishy when they said $298.00. To win means not to pay. I understand taxes but when you start asking me my credit card number, then we have a problem. I read a lot of your reviews and I am sorry about that. Sometime you have to think outside the box because people goes to bed thinking on how they going to get our money. I asked them to send me the info in the mail. He could not produce an answer. He told me his name was Ross ** and the newly agent who got on the phone her name was Hilda. So beware of scams.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Please avoid Bluegreen vacations. They employ a tactic that borders on extortion, intimidation and downright bullying to sell their product. It's a scare tactic to con you into making an immediate decision for fear of losing any "special" they are presenting. Sales persons will shade the truth and at times outright lie to gain a sale. These tactics remind me of the used car salesman in the red plaid suit with the big cigar. These points time shares can't be sold, traded or otherwise gotten rid of without virtually a total loss of your investment. Unfortunately, I have first hand experience!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

We have been owners for over 17 years (silver). It has been a wonderful experience for us. Anyone purchasing a timeshare should understand they are committing to a mortgage with yearly fees. The payoff is many vacations to come. We purchased with the plan to use it when we are retired. Understanding the reservation system and planning are a key part of successful ownership. We get our points in Sept. plan several trips for the upcoming year at several resorts. Maximize point usage by staying Sun-Thurs most of the time and a weekend here and there. I have traveled to about 12 of the resorts with very positive experiences. I also stay at a number of hotels thru work related travels and find service, rooms, etc. comparable or better.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

A few months ago I received a phone call stating I was selected for a promotional vacation package. I had signed up at my local mall. I was very skeptical. My scam radar was. A representative told me I was receiving a 4 day 3 night stay and an 4/3 cruise for $298 and wanted me to pay now. I declined. They put me on hold... I was connected to a manager named James. He was very helpful. He convinced me it was a valid offer. I signed up. He then informed me there was an upgrade for an additional hundred dollars. That was my only mistake. It would have gave me an extended cruise and third vacation. Hindsight is 20/20. I missed out on that.

I took my vacation about two months later. I went to Orlando. I stayed in a Hilton. It was really nice. Then I toured the fountains resort. The presentation was fun and informative. Could not have had a better time and saved more money. Just wish I would have taken the upgrade. I notice a lot of people complaining about the same vacations. My guess they did not actually take the vacations or they are just miserable. It was an awesome vacation. Had great service from start to finish and their phone reps are great. Again thanks to Jonathan and James.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Don't do it! They sell it on the phone as a free vacation but it's not! It's a 90% discount on 2 separate vacations. You pay $298 for 3 days and 2 nights at a hotel (I picked Vegas) but you have to attend an APPROXIMATELY 2 hour presentation and tour. Other people say it's really 3-4 hours. AND YOU PAY FOR AIRFARE, PARKING, CAR RENTAL, FUEL. I can fly to Vegas and stay for 2 nights for about $600, or less with promos.

After that vacation and presentation you can go on a cruise. Again YOU PAY FOR AIRFARE, TAXI, CAR RENTAL, etc. I'm not sure if the cruise is contingent upon timeshare purchase. It wouldn't surprise me if it is. HOW TO CANCEL: If you purchased look at the bottom of your emails, click on terms and conditions, go to the bottom again. The cancellation has to be in writing. I'm going to cancel it and get my money back.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

We attended one of their promotional meetings for the free night a number of years ago. As a result we purchased one of the timeshares under the belief that we could later sell the time share if we did not want or could no longer afford it. We have been trying to get rid of it for years. They have no real means for buy back or way of getting out of the timeshare contract - ever! I would stay far away from this company!

Original review: July 31, 2017

They need to train better their Customer Service Team. I requested, instead of a King size bed and a sofa bed; 2 queen size beds for my teenage daughters to sleep more comfortable. I didn't find out that they cancelled my reservation because the hotel that they assigned me, didn't have any availability until 2 days before travelling. It was just pure luck that I called to find out the amenities that the resort provided and I was told by the guest front desk that our reservation was cancelled. When I called Bluegreen to dispute the cancellation that was not requested by me, I was told that I had to rescheduled due to lack of availability. I put a request, but I also said if there's nothing available leave everything the way it WAS, because my husband and me already requested days off from work to be able to travel to St. Petersburg.

Needless to say, it was a snowball of problems after that. They don't care about you, they just care to sell you a timeshare one way or another. After writing a letter in front of them telling them my bad experience, all they say was that they could sell me a week at a discount price. They clean themselves with my letter. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. DO NOT RECOMMENDED.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I was told it was a 110 min meeting and it turned into a 3 1/2 hours experience. They wanted my credit card and my ssn just to purchase a 1200 point sampler package. I told them I was a diabetic and would need food soon. They returned my card and said they did not wish to have me purchase the 1200 points and asked me to leave. They have all my information and I am a little worried about this. I told my accountant and he thinks I dodged a bullet. He said we can work out any fraud but it would have been harder to get out of a written agreement when they did not follow through on their end. So, in retrospect I am happy I did not buy but worry about anyone else who falls prey to these people.

Original review: July 29, 2017

We went to the Smoky Mountains and they gave us a close to free trip and we just had to go on a tour to get the discount. We appreciated the discount and enjoyed the scenic trails out in the mountains. Hoping that we can book with them in Myrtle Beach next year. Highly recommend Bluegreen/Choice Hotels.

Original review: July 29, 2017

My wife and I were promised the perfect dream vacation club. We signed up for a 7000 point bi-annual vacation package for generations with a set maintenance fee. We are an active duty military family of four on a single income. We have attempted to book our dream vacation for the last 12 months with no available room at the resort of our choice. We were guaranteed that we would be able to book any resort as long as we book a few months out and had the points available.

Unfortunately, a full year has now come and gone. Now I am being told that the 3500 points will disappear if not used by 31Aug2017. How is it possible that the point I have paid for will be lost due to unavailability? I of course have an option to pay $50 to carry them forward! I called the sales rep and spoke with the available supervisor after sharing my dissatisfaction and the burden that this broken contract has become. I then asked how is this even legal? She informed me that they were willing to work with me but I could not be guaranteed a booking unless I was reserving the date 11-13 months in advance.

I was informed that if it is possible to book at a different resort for week ** because that was what we were deeded for. I informed her that we never requested to be deeded at that specific location or select that week. Active duty military personnel cannot book leave that far in advance. My husband is a career military man that plans on being active duty as long as possible. There will never come a time over the next 12-18 years where we will be able to take advantage of this vacation package.

We attended the presentation at Big Cedar and insisted that we must vacation there each year to decompress and enjoy that beautiful resort. We cannot sell until the package is fully paid for $9,000! Now we must carry a burden with monthly payment for a service that we are not being provided? This cooperation should be banned for their actions and taking advantage of families across the nation. It is sickening to think that anyone would take advantage of the American people or military family that protect the civil rights of this nation.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I signed up for this "timeshare" program and thank heavens I only tried the sample pack. It has been a disappointment from day 1. I am out of pocket more than 4 grand and on a payment plan and I have not even taken a trip yet. I was able to find cheaper hotel rooms and car rental on my own and it has been a very big waste of money. It’s a scam and don't buy into the smoke and mirrors of the very pressured sales pitch. Run the other way and save your money for a real family vacation. I am so upset at myself for believing this would be a good deal. I am 52 years old and should have known better.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I had a trip to Orlando and there was nothing that I was told by Bluegreen vacation was true. From where I was going to stay to parking my car. 22$ to self park or 29$ to have valet park my car. These fees were not included in my brochure. The gift card was to 150$ which is clearly marked 150$ but was only 125$. This was not the getaway that I was promised and I will never do this again. To the clerk at the desk, I must applaud her for attitude and professionalism in which she did what she could do to make my stay more comforting. I was looking forward to staying at the Fountains resort but instead I was at the Disney B resort and spa. Overall, this was not a good vacation for me. Good luck.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I'll never buy another promotional package from this company again. I was very happy at first. Had to change my reservation 2 times with no problems. The last time which made #3 and the young lady changed everything in 5 min. I was told if my divorce wasn't final before travel, they couldn't accommodate me and had to cancel my reservation. I said "ma'am I've talked to several agents and that was never mentioned not even when they sold the package to me."

I was then transferred to a Supv that told me they would give me back some of my money, because they gave me a store gift card. I said "ma'am I'll give the card back, I don't like the store that much." I advised the lady I've been legally separated for years. "You must be divorced before travel date." She had the nerve to say can RUSH the divorce. I should have lied, That was my Birthday trip, Now What? NOT HAPPY!!! Never Again will I use this company. This is how they pressure you into buying into the TimeShare.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Do not purchase a vacation package from Bluegreen Vacations!! I entered a drawing for a car while at my local shopping mall. A couple weeks later I got a call saying that while I didn't win the car, I did win a vacation and cruise package. I fell for it (like an idiot)!! They NEVER mentioned that there were specific dates you could travel or that you had to pay for an upgrade from 'low season' to 'high season'. The only time I can take a vacation is during the summer and I later found out that this is not an option. I would not have purchased this if I had known that I could not vacation during the summer months!!! I wish I could get my money back but I guess I'll just have to take the $298 loss and chalk it up to an expensive lesson learned. I would have given a negative rating if that were an option!! If anyone has any suggestions on how to get a refund, I'd love to hear them.

Original review: July 9, 2017

We bucked Wintergreen hotel in Wisconsin Dells thru book. vip.com for 3 days. For that saving, around $ 100 we agreed to attend presentation "about our hotel" for about 2 hours and we also will get $100 gift card for food. All scam. After we booked, paid, screen said we have now to call to confirm. Done. After that a couple of days they call us to confirm again. We did. They call again 2 times to confirm, I told them I am coming and I am not confirming anymore.

When we arrived into hotel, hotel charged us $51 for taxes for 3 nights??? So, now saving total is around $50. Bluegreen called us and said we have to come to their office to confirm presentation, both of us must come there: They told us on our arriving we must first come to them before going to hotel. They gave us a blue pcs of paper we have to give to hotel reservation. We must give them our major credit card to take a copy of it. We must sign if we do not attend to presentation or violate any of their rules, they will charge us full price of hotel up to $949!!! We must go tomorrow to presentation which is about 15 minutes from our hotel. Ok. Done.

Next day we went there. Nice place. Nice people. Salesman and saleswoman... pushy but nice. They took a total of 3 1/2 our time. I didn't complain but my wife did since our daughter of 3 years was all the time with us. We didn't purchase time share because we know from some people we met on vacations before that actually is more expensive, much more than if you book by yourself, but I wanted to have that experience. When we came back to our room after a total of 4 1/2 hours we recognize our day is gone so we decide to purchase one day more at hotel $119, so now we are in minus about $70.

Presents were: Two voucher for Mt. Olympus, yes, but for water park only and no theme park and no parking ticket. 9. Food gift card is not that. You get a code printed on that card. You have to go into that internet side, make your account find restaurants they accept this coupons, you have to print them, and you can use them only if you purchase a lot at that restaurant. You can't buy with coupon only. Haha lot of fun. Took me over one hour to do all this. TOTAL FACT, SCAM. DON'T FALL INTO THIS SCHEME.

Original review: June 30, 2017

When traveling through Missouri we stopped at Bass Pro and a very convincing salesperson got us to sign up for a cheap vacation, only catch was we had to go to their timeshare sales pitch. We paid $199 and got a $75 BP gift card for singing up. After we got home we scheduled our week vacation and then later decided this program wasn't for us. I called and cancelled the reservation, no problem. Then I wrote a letter, per the fine print, to cancel the entire vacation package. Although I was a little nervous about the process, it worked smoothly. The company called me when they received the letter and kindly cancelled it all on the phone. Within a week I had the money, minus the gift card amount, back on my credit card. I have no complaints. They did what they said they would.

Original review: June 28, 2017

We were promised one free night at a Clarion Hotel because we had stayed 2 nights on vacation last year. We never got a response to our request, so we followed up with a call. The agent said there was a much better deal. Three FREE nights, we had to pay $149 up front but we would receive a MasterCard gift card for $150 if we viewed a resort property. We agreed. We stayed 3 nights at a local hotel, and the following day viewed The Big Cedar Lodge in Branson, MO. It is beautiful! It is everything you would want in a resort. The Lodge is all wood, log cabin style with amazing limestone fireplaces. The cabins are nicer than most houses. The beautiful pool has a lazy river and Lake Taneycomo access. Seriously, this is 5 STAR! We told them over and over that YES!!, we love it!! What's not to love? Everyone was very, very nice.

But to buy into this timeshare is $29,900 and $1,000 a year for maintenance and membership fees. We explained over and over that we could not afford this. They would not let us go. We were grilled for 3 hours with our 2 grandchildren with us. We had to explain over and over that it was more than we could afford on our Social Security income, but they persisted that this was for our family, and our grandchildren. The sales lady even said "We have invested in you." We were put in a room with the Inventory Specialist. She persisted as if we were not telling her the truth that we could not afford this.

We did not ask to come to this property. We were responding to our one free night that we earned at the Clarion Hotel. We later talked to several other people who were in our original group that said they were not pressured nearly as much as we were. They said they had responded to a Bass Shop promotion and got a 3 night cruise for their reward. The 3 free nights were enough of a reward, but we REALLY felt drained when we left.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I know I should give a few paragraph explanation on why I personally believe the money I made for this was wasted but I'm going to sort of keep it short. I am so aggravated with the fact that I paid them even though I truly didn't want to. I should have trusted my gut. I am so disappointed in not only myself but that this company tries to sell happy memories. I have had nothing but issues and have not been able to book any vacations with them. Not one point used. Why? Because 90% of everything listed is not available. We can only visit Arizona and Nevada.

I live in Florida! I can't even book anything in Orlando for 2 days. I have literally clicked day by day. 3 months are blocked out where I can't book anywhere other than Arizona and Nevada IN THE SUMMER. They NEVER said that. They said holidays (which makes sense). I have 7 options in October. That's fantastic. Thanks. Bottom line: Customer service: They all seemed not to care. Obviously not their problem. Value: HA. Amenities: I wouldn't know.

Bluegreen Corp. expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Bluegreen is a company that specializes in timeshares and adventure vacations, and it was founded in 1966. The company caters to more than 175,000 owners and is headquartered in Boca Raton, FL. The company features a deeded timeshare program with timeshare locations across the United States and Caribbean.

• Conveniently located: Bluegreen Corp. features timeshare properties across the United States, which makes them easy to access for customers across America.

• Bluegreen Vacation Points system: The company offers customers a points system, and they can access different resorts by accumulating more points. These points can also be exchanged with RCI properties.

• Adventures available: Representatives from Bluegreen Corp. can help customers find and book fun adventures and excursions during the time they use their timeshare.

• Gift card perks: The company gives customers who book a Bluegreen Getaway a 75 dollar Visa Reward Card as an added perk.

• Getaway deals: Bluegreen Corp. offers customers regular deals, with two to five night getaways at properties across the country that cost only 149 dollars.

• Best for: People who want a luxury vacation property, large families, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with disposable income.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs