1.2/5 (57 ratings)

About Bluegreen Corp.

Bluegreen Corp. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

Original review: June 25, 2022

The sales tactics from Bluegreen are aggressive and they couldn’t care less about how many lies they tell. The sales rep gave us a false sense of urgency by making us think we were getting a once in a lifetime deal that no one else received, making us feel that “no” was out of the question. We unfortunately signed the contract with his trap of a timeshare. We were told there was some sort of buyback program if things don’t work out. This was a lie. Their buy back program consists of selling the membership but not the points, meaning we would still have to pay. Maintenance fees was another issue we ran into. We were told our maintenance fees would not increase, but they did.

If the contract was read to us correctly, we would not be in this situation. The signing process was fast and hard to understand. The lady read over each page super-fast and only highlighted the main points from each page not going over any details. Do they expect us to know how to navigate and read their lengthy and confusing contract? It is their job to go over everything and disclose the correct information to the client. Instead, they fed us lie after lie and we are now stuck paying for as timeshare that provides no value or benefit.

Original review: June 25, 2022

The worst experience at Harbour Lights Resort Myrtle Beach SC ever.. I can promise you we will not return to this location again. Room was not ready at 4pm. Still they're blaming covid on everything. Their customer service was absolutely awful. Not having enough staff in house cleaning is not the customer's problem. We spent a lot of money on our timeshare. As a gold member everything that happened on our trip to harbor lights was unacceptable. I wouldn't suggest anyone staying at that resort until they get more organized and have people friendly staff. Such an awful experience for my family. I bragged to my kids how awesome harbor lights was. What an embarrassment. Never again.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 24, 2022

Bluegreen and their employees manipulated, lied, and coaxed us into purchasing a timeshare that we never wanted and don’t use. If you see their representatives at Bass Pro Shops, avoid eye contact and DON’T say a word, or they will follow you around, offering you free vacations, and Bass Pro gift cards to attend a “no obligation” timeshare presentation. Unfortunately, we learned the hard way and gave them our contact info. After their persistent calls, we attended a presentation in Myrtle Beach with our children. The kids were taken to a “Kid’s Club” and kept separated from us for several hours. Our daughters were upset and bored waiting all day.

However, they told us if we didn’t attend the sales presentation, we would have to pay for the entire trip at full price, so we felt that we had no choice but to stay the entire 5 hours! We laughed at all their ridiculous overpriced offers, so they keep lowering the price and insisting we make a purchase. We finally chose a starter package just so we could leave. BIG MISTAKE! They never mentioned you did NOT have to be a member of the resort to book rooms, that our points were not enough to stay off season, or that our kids would be responsible for payments after we were gone. And the fees increase every year! Bluegreen has done NOTHING but lie and pressure us to upgrade again and again. After 5 long years, we have spent thousands and only used the timeshare twice. Take our advice… just say no!!

Original review: June 20, 2022

Went to Bass Pro and they offered me a 3 night stay at a hotel and a $125 gift card for a 2 hour presentation. I didn’t even know where I was staying until A few days before our stay. We didn’t even got to see their resort which is suspicious. Maybe because they didn’t want us to talk to current members or maybe there are no space in their resorts for potential buyer. The day of the presentation they kept us for 4 hours trying to sell me the timeshare which we politely declined. The salesman couldn’t answer any questions and is not an owner. Strange?

If this is so great why they don’t own a timeshare. If this company is that good why don’t they let you try their products first and experience ownership before you buy. If you have 40k plus 1k to pay yearly fees , have additional money to buy extra points, Are flexible with your travel dates and don’t mind not getting the place you want. This could be good for you. I believe products sell by themselves especially a company that has been around for 59 years and has 210,000 members. It saddens me seeing 1 star reviews. As an owner I would definitely do something about this. I would like to see 5 or 3 stars reviews from long term owners.

Original review: June 17, 2022

Booked a stay and spoke with a Celine requesting a unit in Bldg 1 as my wife is disabled and limited to where she can go. Upon arrival I was offered a Timeshare reservation I gracefully declined. I was put in Bldg 2, no view and no way of getting wife to pool areas without wheelchair. They lied and ruined what should have been a wonderful stay, turned into exile for my wife who is a cancer patient and quite dismayed at memories missed with grandkids.. Stranger Danger on this place. All they want is your money, the deceit is free.

Original review: June 8, 2022

While shopping at Bass Pro Shop I was approached by a Bluegreen Vacations salesperson offering a 3-day/2-night stay at Big Cedar Lodge in Ridgedale, Missouri. That right there turned out to be the worst decision of my life. If only I would have known that talking to the salespeople that day was going to turn into my worst nightmare, I would have minded my own business and kept walking. When we agreed to this inexpensive vacation, we were told we had to attend a 90-minute timeshare presentation. 90-minutes of our time for this sweet deal…sign us up!

When the time came for our vacation, we attended the meeting, and we were expecting something fast and calm with no pressure. However, that wasn’t the case - those shady salespeople immediately pressured us into purchasing a timeshare. They went on and on about how great it is to own a timeshare and fed us lie after lie! They know what to say and what not to disclose. The only people they cared about at that presentation was themselves, they worked hard to hustle us out of our money and throwing us aside once we signed the contract. We were lured and tricked into purchasing a timeshare with Bluegreen Vacations, remember that name and don’t ever forget it or you’ll be sorry!

Original review: June 5, 2022

Bluegreen has caused me so much strife that I hate the fact that I cannot give them zero stars. I have never dealt with a more dishonest and deceptive company before! All they have done is rob my family and I of over $12,000 for NOTHING. I have tried a minimum of 2 dozen times to get a reservation and have only been able to take a single vacation. That’s definitely not worth $12,000!

What’s worse is that what I got was nothing like the salespeople described. When I was told my twin daughters would inherit the timeshare, I never imagined it came with the huge financial weight as well. Then there was the “Choice Privileges” account, which was SUPPOSED TO open up a ton of new vacation possibilities. Spoiler alert: it didn’t. Just as before, I can never get a reservation. Do not waste your time or money on this timeshare company. And please, for your own benefit, do not fall for ANYTHING they say. It’s ALL lies!

Original review: June 4, 2022

We agreed to the Bluegreen promotional before the pandemic. Of course, we could not go during that period. Then I developed a painful back issue and my mother now has serious health issues. We cannot leave her for an extended period. Then we started getting threatening emails giving us a deadline to make a reservation. I asked, due to these unforeseen circumstances, if I could get a refund of the deposit. The person on the phone refused to listen. I told them to keep the money and assured them I would warn others of their pressure campaign and heartless business practices.

Original review: May 20, 2022

We were approached in Cabela's about a cheap vacation. The only catch was that we had to sit through a two hour timeshare presentation on one of the days. We chose Orlando and arrived at 8:40 for a 9:00am presentation. I wanted to get it out of the way early and go have lunch because I'm diabetic. We were still there almost six hours later. We said no multiple times. They wouldn't take no for an answer. We finally agreed to buy a 2 year package for $2995.00 but they kept coming back with more paperwork for $30,000 or $16,000 or $13,000. We kept saying no. They wouldn't let us leave.

We finally agreed to the $13,000 plan and gave them a credit card so we could leave. I am diabetic and my blood sugar was dropping fast. I had turned white and was clammy all over. We informed them of this. They STILL kept coming back trying to make us buy the $30,000 plan instead. Some woman finally came up and tried to book us for a learning presentation and then demanded we pay her $49.00 for a tutorial booking fee. That was the final straw. I couldn't believe the nerve.

We demanded our card back, said we were backing out, and wanted to leave. They STILL kept coming at us until I nearly collapsed from my blood sugar. I had to go outside to vomit due to that issue and they FINALLY gave us our card and let us leave. Do not fall for this. It will NOT be two hours. They won't let you say no. They won't let you leave. They'll bring a ton of people at you to spout numbers and pull up better "plans" for you and you will be kept there until they break you down. It took my blood sugar dropping to dangerous levels for them to allow us to leave. I wound up so sick it was crazy. They tell you two hours, which would have been fine, then six hours later they're still forcing their crap on you. SIX LONG HOURS for nothing.

I've never in my life experienced anything like it. I was blown away by how they treated us. It was revolting to waste valuable time that way by telling you one thing and doing another. If they promise two hours... it should be two hours. Some people, like me, have medical issues. And to then come up and demand $49.00 more for a tutorial trip was the straw that broke the camel's back. They penny and dime you to death at this place. They kept sending some guy from Aruba out to tell us he was going to talk to his boss for a special deal for us since he liked us and liked our 'dream vacation' goals. He'd come back with one package, we'd say no, he'd rush back to his boss because he 'cared for us so much' and then come back with other offers.

No matter how often we said no... it didn't matter. Even when I explained my medical issues and showed them my Insulin and needles... they kept going and going and going. It was a nightmare. I regret going to this place at all. All they want is money and to herd you around like cattle from one place to another until they break you down by keeping you there. It was sickening.

Original review: May 8, 2022

I had signed a contract with Bluegreen Vacations in Charleston, SC for one of their timeshares on February 22nd, having been enticed by an offer by a representative through Choice Awards Hotel for a 3 night stay at a 4 star resort. I flew to Charleston and rented a car for that stay and stayed at the Hampton Inn, Patriots Point, which is a 2 star hotel. The front desk clerk told me immediately that evening, having waited for over 2 hours at the airport for my car rental, that I needed to attend the Bluegreen timeshare presentation at 9 am the next morning. It was nearly midnight when I checked in and my luggage had been lost by the airlines. I couldn't make that meeting at 9 am, and ended up driving to the airport the next day at 2 pm to retrieve my luggage arriving on another flight. I scheduled it again the following day, February 22nd, 2022.

I should have known better than to have signed a contract with Bluegreen, as it seemed shady from the start, including the behaviors of the "sales team" personnel, the presentation, which lasted a good deal longer than advertised, and the sales agent himself, who after applying for a Bluegreen credit card from Barkley's Bank, was acting quite suspiciously it seemed. However, I did sign a contract for 16,200.00 for part ownership of a timeshare, which I intended to pay in full, once I returned home. The sales agent convinced me it was a "good deal."

After contacting one of their customer service agents, who I thought acted suspiciously, and then reading several reviews of Bluegreen on this website and others, I decided to terminate the contract and followed the protocol stipulated by South Carolina and Bluegreen on February 25th, well within the 5 day contract termination period.

I sent via return receipt certified mail my letter of notice of termination for my contract on February 25th and have kept a copy of that letter, and followed up with phone calls to their customer service representatives during the following weeks. At least 2 of their representatives initially verified the contract termination letter and assured me that no mortgage payments would be charged. However, having spoke to one of their other managers, he told me they didn't have the letter and to send him copies of the return certified receipt, which I did taking photos from my cell phone to him directly via email. He also told me that I needed to send back all documents I had been given and obtained during the contract signing process, which I did and had brought them to the post office to do so.

I have been in contact with one of their customer service management representatives, Kimberly **, who has verified turn of those documents with a photo of them sent to me in an email. In an email, she verified that my contract had been terminated. However, I have been getting written letters from Bluegreen Vacations informing me that my mortgage account is delinquent and that I need to pay for past mortgage payments, which is incredible. They have notified to credit reporting agencies of delinquent credit. I have stayed in contact with Ms. ** including the letter they had sent most recently, who assured me 4 days ago that she would "look into this immediately and haven't heard back from her yet.

I sent her another email this morning asking where things stand. I had also been contacted by one of their collection department representatives on the telephone, Stacy ** who informed me to send her a copy of Ms. **'s email as verification of cancelation of my contract, which I did. I followed up and an email back to Ms. ** requesting the status of my last correspondence with her, but her email address was no longer valid, according to notification from my gmail email account.

I had also sent a letter to their "mortgage research department," which included a copy of the February 25th notice of termination letter, a copy of the return receipt verifying they had received that letter, and a copy of Ms. **'s email verifying termination of my contract, on May 4th, 4 days ago. That was after receiving their last notice. That letter stipulated I had 30 days to respond to my "delinquent mortgage account," yet this morning I was alerted to reported delinquencies to the credit reporting agencies from Bluegreen Vacations Corporation. I called their corporate office this morning and left a message about this. I had tried several times in the past to contact their corporate office in Boca Raton, but their message machine informed me that they were out of the office because of CoVid-19. I certainly would have preferred never to have been involved nor introduced to Bluegreen Vacations timeshares.

Bluegreen Corp. author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Bluegreen is a company that specializes in timeshares and adventure vacations, and it was founded in 1966. The company caters to more than 175,000 owners and is headquartered in Boca Raton, FL. The company features a deeded timeshare program with timeshare locations across the United States and Caribbean.

• Conveniently located: Bluegreen Corp. features timeshare properties across the United States, which makes them easy to access for customers across America.

• Bluegreen Vacation Points system: The company offers customers a points system, and they can access different resorts by accumulating more points. These points can also be exchanged with RCI properties.

• Adventures available: Representatives from Bluegreen Corp. can help customers find and book fun adventures and excursions during the time they use their timeshare.

• Gift card perks: The company gives customers who book a Bluegreen Getaway a 75 dollar Visa Reward Card as an added perk.

• Getaway deals: Bluegreen Corp. offers customers regular deals, with two to five night getaways at properties across the country that cost only 149 dollars.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Advisor

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Bluegreen Corp. Company Information