1.50/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Discover a great timeshare now

607 Bluegreen Corp. Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 31, 2019

I entered a mall contest for a new car and won a 3 day, 2 night stay vacation for free plus offered free gifts. We went, sat through the 2 hour presentation and bought a $1000 sampler package. That was 12 years ago. We have been in so many wonderful vacations from Michigan to Florida. Yes, it's a point system, so it's first come, first serve.

You have to be smart and book vacation early or you will have a difficult time getting something within a short window time. We only bought the small $7000 package after our sampler ran out, but they serves us well. In October I booked a 2 bedroom chalet for my husband and I and my mom for Gatlinburg, which is our favorite city, for 4 nights/5 days for end of April. I also have a one bedroom deluxe for August with 2 of our grandkids for 5 nights/6 days. All resorts we stay in have full kitchens, washer and dryer, fireplaces, most have balconies. Staff are always wonderful. Our yearly maintenance started in the $575 range and we have paid $679 the past few years. So this year we are going for 9 nights total for the cost of our yearly maintenance of $679.

Four years ago, I took my sister's family of six and my family of five and we stayed at a 3 bedroom combined chalet which had the 3 bedrooms, two queen sofa beds, 3 bathrooms, 2 full kitchens, 3 balconies, 2 washers, 2 dryers, 2 living rooms and 2 fireplaces. I booked this trip 11 months in advance, had no problem getting the exact week and place I wanted on that property. We went in the mountains and explored, went go carting, putt-putt golf, chair lift to top of mountain. I brought my crockpot and put a large roast one day and when we got back from our day's adventure, my sister made homemade gravy from the roast, the 3 kids (ages 5-14), set the table, but our dinner rolls.

Teenagers quickly made a large salad, I made the mashed potatoes (yes instant, but tasty and quick) and steamed some vegetables. Within 15 minutes all 11 of us were eating a meal that cost around $25. I always make waffles in the morning. Having fully stocked kitchens saves so much money. Since I invited my sister and her family, I paid for all the gas, activities and food. I left with $2000 cash, went 3000 miles (2 vehicles) and still came home with $150! We have so many memories and we've been to Florida, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Virginia, Michigan and Tennessee. I can't wait to go to our Massachusetts resort and see whales. Do your homework, learn how your vacation works and use it and you will love it too! We love Bluegreen.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I agreed to signing up for the 4 day 3 night vacation stay for $199, with free cruise, $100 rebate, and some other fine print things. I figured I could deal with a timeshare presentation if I got some perks. After agreeing to it and giving them my credit card number I waited for the email confirmation but did not receive it so I decided to google reviews on this site. They are obviously HORRIBLE reviews! So I called to cancel, expecting a runaround. What I got was an excellent experience. The attendant explained that most people don't understand the details and therefore get mad when it is not what they think they signed up for. She is correct in that people don't read the fine print, but the original sales people do not explain those details clearly.

The problem is that one assumes they are staying at the actual resort for that price, but it is at a regular hotel. It appears that you can pick what hotel if they have availability, so it is not a bad deal to stay for 3 nights for about $150. That's $199 - $100 rebate + taxes. It was never explained to me that if I wanted to stay at the resort there would be an additional fee, which I might have done. The cruise is reasonable perk, but you still pay about $170 per person in taxes and port fees, which you always pay for in addition to the cruise deals you see online, and the daily tip of usually $20 per day per cabin that you also always have to pay for. So the cruise is still a reasonable deal in that it will cost about $440 of the cruise. I have cruised a lot so for me my time is more valuable than saving a few hundred dollars on an inside cabin carnival cruise.

The other thing that most people don't read is that you have to register the certificate with a couple of months even though you have a year to use it, otherwise it is void. And you have to mail in for the rebate, and if they give you a MasterCard to sweeten the deal with 50 -100 on it you have a limited time to use it. The whole timeshare thing is not a good thing, but that is a different issue.

In summary, make sure you are clear on the details, read the fine print, make sure the value you are getting is worth your time, and don't buy a timeshare! But I will say I had no problem cancelling, the customer service person was wonderful and did not try to talk me out of cancelling, and after giving me some of the details the salespeople left out and answering my questions cancelled it on the phone. I also found out that the reason I did not get an email initially is that they had a wrong letter in it. She corrected it and sent me my cancellation verification.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I entered a giveaway for a car and was told I won a vacation. To make this simple I bought what I paid for was $398 up front and what I got was a 4 day 3 night stay at the fountains resort that I had to pay a extra $100 a night if I wanted to stay at the resort so I paid the extra $300 to stay at the resort instead of at a Marriot Hotel like I was told. So that was my choice to pay the extra $300 and I got a 3Bd Villa with full kitchen 2 bath and washer and dryer. It is very nice and clean. I also got for the original $398 a 3 day 2 night stay at a Bluegreen location of my choice and a 8 day 7 night cruise on any ship any port and any time of year even busy season.

Now the cruise is not free you have port fees and taxes and international taxes and fees. We will have to pay close to a $1000 with the wrist bands to drink alcohol and the taxes. So all in all I paid roughly $1700 with the upgrade to the resort but I got a 4 day 3 night stay at a resort, a 3 day 2 night stay havent used yet and the 7 night cruise for $1700. I cant complain and cant say I got ripped off. The cruise alone would be $1700 all day. Dont let the online prices fool you. You have a bunch of hidden fees and taxes that dont get applied till checkout. The cruise is free but the wrist bands to drink and taxes are not. People have to be realistic nothing is ever free. I did not buy into the timeshare at the preview and they make it sound so good. All in all not bad plus I got $300 of dining dough gift cards to food to top it all off after the preview.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

So far I have had a great experience. I haven't yet gone on my vacation, but that's where the great customer service has already come in. The story - originally I booked my stay in Colonia Williamsburg for the week of 4th of July. I was so excited to be going to the East Coast from Sacramento, CA and cannot even begin to tell you how thrilled I was to hear the reading of the Declaration of Independence on the 4th of July. I'm a bit of an America History geek... unfortunately I was in an accident and could not travel.

My deadline for booking the preview trip was fast approaching - I had until September to book within the year allotted. I figured I would just be out the $298 that I paid. I chalked it up to bad luck - no big deal. When I got my vacation reminder call I explained the situation and here was the great customer service. I was told I could cancel the trip and book something else before the year deadline - ok, that's what I would expect, but when I told them that I wouldn't be able to do that due to having to have used most of my vacation hours at work to recover - they extended my year deadline to one that would work for me and my family. So now I am booked to stay in Peoria, AZ over the Thanksgiving break and am again so excited to see what this company has to offer.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I have been thinking, since around February, that my review would horrible, considering other reviews here and some hiccups along the way, since our first encounter with Bluegreen Vacations. I am pleased to say that it has all worked out. While shopping with my husband, outside Tampa, back in February, we came across a young lady promoting a free cruise and four-day three-night stay at a resort, for $199. This included, that day, a $75 Visa gift card. We were told about the two-hour sales pitch that we both had to attend and promised another $75 GC and a $25 GC ($100) at the time of the meeting. I think we had to book the four-day/three-night within so many days to get the extra $25. The cruise itself was for our choice of either three, four or five days and ANY PORT that Carnival sails from. We didn't do any research, just paid the $199.

The first hiccup was once we booked the "resort" we discovered that it was not at the resort but at Comfort Inn in St. Petersburg. We could however upgrade to the resort and I think if I remember correctly, it would cost about $300. I could be off on that amount. Regardless, it was a nice getaway for, so far, $26. The “resort fee” we had to pay was less than $30 once we got to the Comfort Inn, still a cheap weekend getaway. We went to the sales pitch on the second day. The actual package, if everything they said was true, would have been a great deal, minus the finance charge and the $1800 a year, maintenance fees. We listened to the first pitch then a very nice young man took us on a tour. The “condo” he showed us was nice but not as big or elaborate as the sales pitch eluded to.

Now on to the actual sales tactics. Let me first say, that we had no intention of buying but we do like to hear what they are selling. We are now into our second hour. A second person joins us with the costs. $40,000 to pay over five years. I think the payment was almost $1000 per month. Ridiculous! Next comes the second deal but with the fantastic offer, we would lose something in the deal, but I can’t remember what. It was a little more than half the price but what she failed to mention was it was over ten years to pay, not the original five. She was very unhappy when my husband pointed out that it was the exact same price (to the penny) as the $40,000 deal.

By this time, we were over three hours of our promised two-hour commitment. She wanted to show us another deal and my husband said no, we had done our part but then she “threatened", with a smile, that we would not get our promised cruise. That was when my husband almost lost it, but he calmed down and listened to her very hurried, last spiel. It was very cheap, but only for one year. It was so ridiculous, I can’t remember it exactly. We are finally free, and our cruise certificate is signed off on and in our hands.

Here is the most disappointment I had. I knew the cabin was a 1A, meaning, two twins, one on the wall. When we cruise, we don’t spend a lot of time in the cabin and I knew that we could upgrade. However, when I called the agency that you must book through, Karen, very nice lady, told me that they can’t honor that certificate out of Tampa for the 1A category cabin, but we could do the upgrade and use the certificate for 10% off. I had already done a mock booking and the cost seemed too high from what Carnival’s actual cost would be if I booked myself. I found another and called back and Karen once again, told me that nothing was available. There was one for Jan of 2019 going to the Bahamas, leaving one day after I return from my Bahamas cruise.

We a have been to the Bahamas several times and we really didn’t want to return, especially one day after getting home. Karen did try for the rest of that afternoon to find something for the particular time that I requested but was unsuccessful. After thinking about it over the weekend, I realized that the amount to upgrade was only a little less than $200 because I had not figured in the fees that we already were paying. So, we decided to go ahead and book the original. I called a little while ago and Karen was out for the week but another very nice lady, Phillis, took care of everything.

I can’t speak of the actual vacation plan with Bluegreen but for anyone who is doing this for the free cruise, just give them time. Don’t be belligerent and they will work with you. Right now, our cruise is showing up under my account, fully paid for, so I don’t foresee any problems down the road with that. If so, I will edit my review. In short, the vacation package is too much finance and fees but if you have patience, you can get a couple of cheap vacations for a few hours of your time. Just be sure to ask, are you sure the cruise is from ANY Carnival port. Even the folder that they put our certificate in, has Tampa on it but according to the ladies I worked with, you can only use it with an upgraded cabin.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

We agreed to sit through a timeshare because we were told we would get $900 towards a future cruise. We read the terrible reviews for Bluegreen and refused all offers for the timeshare. We figured the cruise "voucher" we got for 900$ (as it states on the form) would probably be a scam like the timeshare offers were so we called two days after we got the voucher from Bluegreen. The people they have you call that book the cruise told us there is no monetary value for the voucher they gave us even though it said 900$. The travel agent for the cruises told us they don't know why Bluegreen does this but it is a lie what they said and what they gave us and they apologized. Makes us very happy we didn't purchase from Bluegreen.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I paid 300$ for a rundown hotel and was told I was staying at the resort. After sitting through the presentation and getting gifts, then found out I had to pay more what was said to be free. Don’t waste your time booking through these people. Service is horrible and you won’t get what you paid for. They put you in a hotel and not the resort. The Dining Dough cards that was given out, all the restaurants on there was PERMANENTLY CLOSED! And the few that was open, did not know how to use it. WASTED TIME. The “FREE CRUISE” you have to pay a deposit on and more taxes and you have to take it within a certain timeframe. But I was told that it was free, I understand taxes even though that should have been included in the initial 300$. Will never book with them. This was the first and last time. Sharon ** was rude! Her manager Joshua ** was rude! Don’t waste your time or money. It's all lies.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Don't do it. No matter what they offer, no matter how good it sounds...it's not. We've been owners for two years and have had 0 vacations. Why? Because each and every time we try try reserve we're told that there is no availability. Save your money and your dignity. Spend your money on a fine hotel, a nice restaurant and other activities rather than giving it to BlueGreen or any timeshare.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I’ve been a Bluegreen “owner” for more than 15 years. I’ve been to 3 of the owner’s update presentations. It’s not an update, it’s a high pressure sales pitch to buy more points. I started with 7000 and bought 8000 more. Same old stuff. Still can’t get anything at a prime time. Plenty of lies by the salespeople. Maintenance fees will not go above $1200. It’s a lie. You can book 11 months ahead, that’s true but the prime time is already gone. It’s book by owners that have points of 75000 and more into over 100,000. Why are they gone 11 months ahead of time? Because those high point owners can book earlier than 12 months. They scoop up the prime locations at prime times. They don’t go on vacation. They book the weeks then sell the weeks at a big profit, leaving us cellar dwellers scraps. I will never attend another update, nor would I recommend anyone to buy from them.

Once you buy the overpriced points, you are stuck with them. You can’t get rid of them. They tell you they have First Right of Refusal, if you decide to sell. Even Bluegreen won’t buy if you are selling. You can’t get out of it. It’s a life sentence. Maintenance and Club fees are now over $1600. You can use RCI to exchange BG points to many other places. The catch, it’s a $259 service charge. Save yourself plenty of grief. Stay away, very far away.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

We were approached in Bass Pro about this vacation. We were told the only catch was we had to attend a two hour presentation and it was just a promotion for a 4 day 3 night stay in a location of our choice off of their list of several vacation spots. When we originally tried to book the trip (shortly after purchase) everything was booked for several months out. Later as our year deadline approached we had to book it before it expired so we booked our trip in the The Smoky Mountains. We tried to cancel the trip altogether but couldn’t because it was past the 30 days and were told if we didn’t attend the presentation we’d be charged the full cost of the vacation and if we cancelled we’d be subject to late cancellation fees of over $100. We got to our check-in destination and it was closed and had a box outside with envelopes with guests names and in it was your condo number and door codes (sketchy).

Our condo was another almost 30 minutes from the check-in center. Upon arrival to the condo it looked nothing like was described. The outside of the condo had bugs, bird poop, dirt, cobwebs all over and old. The inside of the condo had dirty stained carpet, smelled like it had been smoked in, pubic hair in one of our towels, and just old overall and not taken care of. Luckily we ended up being able to skip attending the presentation and checked out of the property with no penalty but could not be refunded the cost of the trip and still had to pay the $50 in taxes and fees but we’re glad to just to get to leave and go home. Do NOT waste your time or your money! There is a reason there are 1 1/2 stars on here and I wish we had done our research before purchasing this rip off of a vacation! If I could give it no stars I would!

Bluegreen Corp. expert review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Bluegreen is a company that specializes in timeshares and adventure vacations, and it was founded in 1966. The company caters to more than 175,000 owners and is headquartered in Boca Raton, FL. The company features a deeded timeshare program with timeshare locations across the United States and Caribbean.

• Conveniently located: Bluegreen Corp. features timeshare properties across the United States, which makes them easy to access for customers across America.

• Bluegreen Vacation Points system: The company offers customers a points system, and they can access different resorts by accumulating more points. These points can also be exchanged with RCI properties.

• Adventures available: Representatives from Bluegreen Corp. can help customers find and book fun adventures and excursions during the time they use their timeshare.

• Gift card perks: The company gives customers who book a Bluegreen Getaway a 75 dollar Visa Reward Card as an added perk.

• Getaway deals: Bluegreen Corp. offers customers regular deals, with two to five night getaways at properties across the country that cost only 149 dollars.

• Best for: People who want a luxury vacation property, large families, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with disposable income.

Profile picture of Lisa Ann Schreier
      Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Bluegreen Corp. Company Information