2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

1.3/5 (51 ratings)

About Bluegreen Corp.

Bluegreen Corp. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I booked this vacation to Myrtle Beach for me & my fiance birthdays. Both our Birthday are in August. I was booked to stay at River Oaks "Resort" not on my on accord but by Bluegreen Vacations. Check in the was 4PM. We arrived about 5:30PM and was told that our unit wasn't ready or cleaned yet. We asked, "How long would it be? Could we get an estimate of what time?" The guy at the front desk (who had on shades the whole time and was clearly high off his butt) told us he didn't know when it would be ready and had no idea of how long we would have to wait. We decided to go shopping to waste time. We came back about 7:30 and was told our unit was ready by the same guy.

We opened the door to the unit to find food on the tables and still in the fridge, no sheets on the beds! Towels and linens piled up on the floor, dirty bathrooms, etc. It was clear this unit had never been cleaned!!! We go back to the front desk. By this time he's gone for the day. We call the emergency maintenance to see if we can get housekeeping to clean. The emergency maintenance doesn't respond. Now it's about 9:00PM. We decided, "We're not going to get through to anyone so let's go buy cleaning supplies and clean the place ourselves." When we get back with the cleaning supplies, I realize I forgot the paper with the code to the front door inside the unit, so now we're locked out!!!

Again we commence to calling the "24hr" maintenance number. No one ever called us back. We had to spend $400 on 1 night at a hotel in the area because we couldn't get back into the unit we rented!! The next morning I spoke to the manager Jeff ** who was apologetic but that's about it, he gave no real excuse as to why his manager wouldn't reimburse us for our night at the hotel even though we showed him the receipt and multiple attempts to reach maintenance!! Overall this was a horrible experience and I would NEVER recommend this place!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

We were first approached by Bluegreen at Bass Pro Shop. They offered gift cards in exchange for going to a presentation. If we had known it would have been FOUR hours of being lied to and manipulated, we would have never gone. They made booking vacations seem effortless, gave us a great “one time deal” before prices increased, and went on about the VALUE of owning a timeshare. When we went over the numbers, we found a package that seemed manageable for our budget. Unfortunately, now we are stuck because they never disclosed the maintenance fee cost, interest, or any other associated fees.

We THOUGHT we’d be paying $14k over a 10-year period. Not dealing with a complete financial burden. Then after learning about how much we were really paying (ALMOST DOUBLE), and had difficulties making reservations, we found that we can book the same properties online for MUCH cheaper. This company has been the worst. How can such a large company get away with lying and pressuring people like they do. Our suggestion is to stay away from Bluegreen, and maybe even Bass Pro Shop since they are in bed together.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

My husband and I were shopping at Bass Pro Shops when we were approached by a Bluegreen representative and offered a trip to Branson. The resort had a ton of amenities that our children would love, so we agreed to go and attend the “short” sales presentation. This presentation involved the sales staff showing us pictures of different packages that could be available to us. When my husband told the staff that we would review the information and call back in the morning, the meeting went from being pleasant and friendly, to very intimidating. The sales staff started telling us that this was not an option and that we would be absolutely crazy not to purchase immediately. After several hours of this type of psychological intimidation, with our kids stuck in the hotel room waiting for us, we felt like we had to give in and buy!

We had been told that the resorts were private and for owners use only, that we were making a real estate investment that our children would inherit and reap the benefits, and that the maintenance fees would remain relatively consistent. NONE OF THIS IS TRUE! We have since learned that the resorts are EASIER to book as non-owners (and cheaper), the maintenance fees increase exponentially every year, and THE ONLY TIME we manage to book is when they want us to attend another presentation and spend more money! We’ve already spent thousands and have nothing to show for in return…this is a total scam!!!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

I’ve been an owner for over four years. It’s been a money pit. I started out with the sampler then bought into it a year later. I wanted to travel safely with my family and I liked comfort and space when traveling. We stay in decent to nice rooms that are spacious with a washer, dryer, and full kitchen. The downfall is you are able to rent these places on Airbnb, etc. I didn’t know that until after I bought into it. Not to mention this has costed me $14,000 plus 16.9% interest. Two weeks I went on vacation w/ my family and was told the $14k worth of points I bought is now useless. I’m not able to use my points anymore. I have no idea what that means and how I paid so much money plus $860.00 per year for club dues and maintenance fees.

I was told everything under the sun to buy. I’ve paid an additional $400 to $500 plus for the rooms by using bonus points because my $14k in points I purchased will get me 2 days in 2 years not 2 wks vacation every year like they promised. I can go on and on about the things I was promised and never received. They change the rules to suit the company never the consumer. I should’ve ran when I saw the initial contract, there were about 1000 pages, loopholes, and clauses to cover their **! Buyer beware! It’s a scam!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I was transferred to Bluegreen after confirming my reservation with a Choice Hotel. They were not upfront about the promo being a timeshare, but I figured that out after listening to the pitch. Every time I said no, the sales guy found a way to increase the benefit and also decrease the price (by throwing in a gift card you receive on arrival). He was really personable, hard to say no to. My husband dreads these promos and refuses to attend such sales presentations, but somehow I was talked into putting $199 on my card, knowing that I had 30 days to back out. Since then, we have been recruited to accept a foreign exchange student last minute. Also, given the latest refugee crisis, we want to spend more money donating rather than on travel.

Last night I planned on calling (within the 30 day window) to cancel and request a refund. I was discouraged to read the fine print and discover that the only way to get a refund is to request it in writing, which "must be received" within 30 days (tomorrow, in my case). Also, after reading so many poor reviews on this site, there is NO WAY I want to even think of showing up for a sales presentation, or waste money on flights to go to any "resort" only to be put up in a Choice Hotel. All that said, getting a refund was easy by phone. Contrary to the fine print in the terms of my confirmation (and on the Bluegreen website), no written request is necessary.

I was going to just count it my loss, until I read a recent review (August 3rd) by a woman mentioning she got a refund by calling the reservation line. So I called a few minutes ago, and within moments was approved for a refund back to my credit card within 5 business days. Really great rep, no questions asked. The cancellation policy in the terms is deceptive, claiming a letter must be mailed to Orlando and received within the 30 day window. Equally deceptive is the fact that this is never mentioned in the phone sales pitch. The good news is, apparently they don't hold people to the fine print. Just call!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

I want to start by saying that all this is a big scam, at the time of the sale of the supposed vacation package they do not inform you absolutely anything. They did not tell us that the participants have to speak English to be able to stay and upon arrival they treated us horribly and did not let us stay because my partner does not speak English. When I asked to speak to someone who can help us, it was a problem and nobody helped us. They are racists and they sell you a fake propaganda.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

DO NOT EVER PURCHASE A TIMESHARE WITH THIS COMPANY! I am about to describe probably one of the lesser of headaches situation but I am DONE with this company and CONTEMPLATING ruining my credit just to get rid of them!! They are liars!! They take so much money from you and hide how much you’re actually going to be paying!! They steal your money and do nothing about it!!! I paid $500 in March to do a title transfer. An email was sent to complete the transfer however, there was nothing in the body of the email to complete. Even tried pulling it up on my phone and computer and could not access. Called multiple times in April and Into May to have it re-sent, I was told multiple times it would take 7 business days to have the email sent again but IT NEVER WAS. I’ve even reached out to this company via email and never got anything back.

In July, at an ownership follow up presentation, we asked the sales rep if at this point, it was possible to use the money we had paid for the transfer to put towards our mortgage or maintenance fees since THEY WERE NOT GIVING ME WHAT I PAID FOR. The sales rep spoke with a manager and came back and said it could be done but we had to call owner services/mortgage. Both my fiancé and I have called MULTIPLE TIMES starting the week after we were told this could be done.

I was told by a CSR the first time that this could be done and I would be getting the email to complete what I now wanted to do with the money, that day and nothing! So I called back the next day and talked to a different CSR who told me there were no notes left by the rep I spoke to the day before and from their knowledge, what I wanted to do, couldn’t be done. So I proceeded to speak with a supervisor who then told me they would open a case for it to get it taken care of on 7/23. They also said it was would take 7-14 business days to have that done.

Here we are almost a MONTH later after multiple calls from 7/23 to now, of a supervisor just last week telling my fiancé that they would take care of this and have it done in 5 days and we would hear back from her on Tuesday that just passed, to today a different supervisor telling me this absolutely cannot be done at all and I have been lied to. THE NERVE OF THESE PEOPLE!!!! I understand the $500 was non-refundable but I have been fighting with them to even send me THE RIGHT DOCUMENTS FOR WHAT I PAID TO HAVE DONE!!!! Do not listen to a thing these people say!!! The worst company I have EVER dealt with and I will do whatever it takes to make sure no one buys from them!!!!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

It's a scam! We are Bluegreen owners. Have been for 3 yrs. Paid a lot of money for our points and if you aren't a gold or platinum member it's not worth it. Maintenance fees go up every year. The resorts are just ok. Some are terrible and others you have to save your points for a couple years to have enough to go somewhere nice. House keeping is not good. Look over your room when you get there and make sure it's clean. Sometimes I think they just make the beds and that's all. Not a good investment!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

My husband and I bought the first 6000 points package almost 3 years ago, which was ok but very limited. Last year we bought another 6000 points package with the idea of having more options but we do not find anything available. We just came from another sales presentation where they were offering the silver and gold membership. They were offering everything to us if we decide to buy. The price was in the same $54K so we said no. Well, they were very rude to us and they didn't help us on anything else. They were saying they had changed their policies but it only applies if you get the elite memberships. We are now planning our vacations out of pocket since it's a lot cheaper than buying with them.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Started out at a Bass Pro Shop getting a 3 day vacation and a gift card to watch a video on timeshares. We booked a 7 day vacation at Cibola Vista Resort in Peoria, AZ. The vacation was nice. Went to the time slot for our video and ended being at a high pressure round table of sale pitches. Never saw a video. Then they had other salespeople come to the table with their pitch. Tried to sell us 20,000 points. We said we could not afford that. Oh and they had my sister and her husband come also. They came back with another option of 6,000 points.

They knew me and my sister would go in on it so they misled us and said oh 6,000 is plenty of points. We were told the website was down so we could not look at Bluegreen vacation website because we would see how many points you really needed to book a 1 bedroom for a week-Lie At the resort we were at it was 12,500 points for a 1 bedroom for a week-So we can't use the points we purchased for the timeshare. We were told we could use it right away-lie. When we came home you can't access the website as an owner until it's too late to cancel (up to 10 days in the contract). Was able to access just in 30 days after the purchase date. Everything is booked out for a year in advance.

We were given a week vacation free of a resort anywhere you want to go-Cant us it because it's booked a year out. They showed us a penthouse at Cibola and led us to believe we could book that. That was probable 30,000 points or something ridiculous. Shame on Bass Pro Shop for settling a lawsuit based on complaints from people like us (40million) in 2019 Bass Pro sued Bluegreen Vacations for misleading, high pressure sales pitches, etc. They booted them from Bass Pro Shop and once they won the lawsuit for Bluegreen vacation they allowed them to come back in the store in Bridgeport, CT to sell these misleading timeshares and take advantage of people and their hard earned money. Beware, do not give in to these high pressure Sales Pitches from liars. I will do whatever it takes to get my money back... consequences.

Bluegreen Corp. author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Bluegreen is a company that specializes in timeshares and adventure vacations, and it was founded in 1966. The company caters to more than 175,000 owners and is headquartered in Boca Raton, FL. The company features a deeded timeshare program with timeshare locations across the United States and Caribbean.

• Conveniently located: Bluegreen Corp. features timeshare properties across the United States, which makes them easy to access for customers across America.

• Bluegreen Vacation Points system: The company offers customers a points system, and they can access different resorts by accumulating more points. These points can also be exchanged with RCI properties.

• Adventures available: Representatives from Bluegreen Corp. can help customers find and book fun adventures and excursions during the time they use their timeshare.

• Gift card perks: The company gives customers who book a Bluegreen Getaway a 75 dollar Visa Reward Card as an added perk.

• Getaway deals: Bluegreen Corp. offers customers regular deals, with two to five night getaways at properties across the country that cost only 149 dollars.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Bluegreen Corp. Company Information