2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Bluegreen Corp. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

Original review: July 21, 2020

You are told this is a “reduced” rate vacation package, but it requires a two hour presentation. They will not refund no matter what!! Also you will be charged parking and taxes upon arrival. Mine was over $100 more than the $125 I already paid.

Original review: July 3, 2020

We were promised so much and shown such beautiful pictures, so we signed up (and paid) to visit. We specifically asked 5 times about equestrian properties only. We were told there were "many." Once they had our money, we found out there was only one property, and even Bluegreen's own photos of the place were horrific. When we called and mailed to complain, we never heard back. Fortunately, we paid with AMEX and reported the fraud to them. The kiosk where we bought the trip was at a Bass Pro Shop in Ft. Myers, so we let that company know about the fraud also.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2020

Racist activity did not feel safe for me and all my family and I would not buy. I have not been happy with this From day one. They do not tell the truth in those meetings. They just want your money. I would never buy another resort. That’s a lot cheaper ways to travel.

Original review: May 31, 2020

We have never had a bad experience at any of the resorts we have stayed it, that said IF you can ever get availability at them! This company is terrible!! They hassle you to buy until you say yes. They tell you lies. They don't help you understand how to use it. The maintenance fees go up every year. They went up on the price to save points and when we purchased we were told you could convert your points to Choice Hotels "and stay anywhere there's a Choice Hotel" and you got 4 choice points for every 1 Bluegreen point. Now it's only 2 and you still have to pay the same price! They also only block out a certain amount of rooms for members and save the rest for walk-in paying people. Do yourself a favor and stay away! Spend your money on a vacation home or just save and take yourself a vacation every year. You will pay less than what you pay to buy into this garbage!!!

Original review: April 4, 2020

I paid the fee to Bluegreen after hearing the sales pitch. It was all lies! The city I selected never had an available date for the entire month I wanted to travel. I checked repeatedly over several months and called their customer service number numerous times. It was a costly lesson learned for me, and hope my review can spare others the frustration I experienced.

Original review: March 31, 2020

These people sucked me in at Bass Pro shops. Promised free vacations. Went to the meeting on Gatlinburg and they lied about damn near everything. The sales people pressure you and will not take NO for an answer. After purchasing the stupid time share they will not let you out of the contract after 10 days. Well they don’t show you how to use it or what you even purchased until 30 day owner meeting. At the owner meeting is when you really learn how crooked and what lies they tell. Guess what. It's too late at that point to get out. I hate Bluegreen’s and wish I never shopped at Bass pro that day. These people are ruining my credit and they don’t care.

Original review: March 23, 2020

Toni • a few seconds ago I called and cancelled my reservation today in light of COVID-19 hoping for a full refund, they denied a refund to any amount of money. This company does not show any remorse to the situation at hand and only offer you one option - which is to reschedule your reservation a year out. Each day this pandemic is getting worse and individuals are losing their jobs and have to stock up and they are not allowing any refunds. No one is thinking about a vacation stay a year from now when we have to take care of our families. This is absurd and bad customer service!!! I would have thought about a vacation with them in the future but since my experience this morning I would never. DO NOT BOOK with them!!!!

Original review: March 13, 2020

When we initially bought the points, we bought because we were told there was a buy back program. If we weren't satisfied with the timeshare points BlueGreen was selling, BlueGreen would buy back the points. They completely lied! I contacted them a year later to get them to rebuy the points, and they told me there was no such program. That they can't discuss what the sales representative told us because they were not the ones who sold it to me, the rep did. They also told me that maintenance fees would remain the same throughout the years and not go up, yet they go up each year. The terms that are actually contained in the timeshare contract are different than the terms promised to us at the time we bought. I have been trying to sell my points, but of course, no one is going to buy this **. So I'm stuck still paying a huge loan and over $1200 in maintenance fees per year. It's ridiculous! BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: March 12, 2020

We purchased a vacation package at Sonoma County Fairgrounds for $199. They promised 5 Disneyland tickets for our family and tickets for Cowabunga water park. $150 worth in tickets for shows. We got nothing that was promised. They said the water park was closed and they didn’t give that out as gifts. Ok then why promise them? We only received one voucher for two adults. Why would adults go to Disney alone, the whole purpose was to take our children. Now what do we tell them? They painted the picture so beautifully but didn’t explain what we were actually purchasing. This is a great deal for people who live on the eastern side of the US as all the Bluegreen resorts are located there. We live on the other side in California and get access to the “INNS”.

We tried cancelling our purchase on our last day of the time we were given. Of course we can’t control mail. They got our letter two weeks later and said they could not cancel for us. I contacted customer service to let them know there was a discrepancy with gifts and they said they could not help and could not give us anything “more.” I wasn’t asking for more only asking for what they promised. Customer service at Bluegreen is very unhelpful and this company is a fraud! Don’t believe them. Anyone with a five star review was probably paid by Bluegreen or was promised something amazing that they’ll never get. Be careful what you believe from them!

Original review: March 10, 2020

My family has stayed with friends at the resorts Bluegreen owns, and were never disappointed with the accommodations. Sadly, I can't say the same about their marketing department. My husband and I, lured by the promise of a free 7 night stay, went to their presentation. Only after going home and registering the trip did it all go wrong. I expected the $100 deposit. Even the "resort fees" of 18-25 per night at the resort. What I didn't expect was to be charged another $120 ON TOP OF THE OTHER AMOUNTS for the trip. And this is just for 4 days, not the whole 7 day trip. Then, at the end, I'm contacted by YET ANOTHER VENDOR, saying I have to go to the welcome center to get my hotel voucher and attend ANOTHER PRESENTATION on day 2 of our trip!!!!

And I have called dozens of phone numbers to complain about being lied to at every step, but it's always SOMEONE ELSE'S PROBLEM. DO NOT BELIEVE THEM if they offer you a free 7 night trip. I didn't even care that the stay wasn't at the resort, but I DEFINITELY don't like being lied to. I have spoken to countless people at Bluegreen and the departments that handle these vouchers and all they do is pass the buck to someone else. And Jeanne at the Gatlinburg resort concierge desk was unhelpful and rude and kept talking over me instead of listening or trying to help me. 0/10 would never go to one of their presentations again.

Bluegreen Corp. author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Bluegreen is a company that specializes in timeshares and adventure vacations, and it was founded in 1966. The company caters to more than 175,000 owners and is headquartered in Boca Raton, FL. The company features a deeded timeshare program with timeshare locations across the United States and Caribbean.

• Conveniently located: Bluegreen Corp. features timeshare properties across the United States, which makes them easy to access for customers across America.

• Bluegreen Vacation Points system: The company offers customers a points system, and they can access different resorts by accumulating more points. These points can also be exchanged with RCI properties.

• Adventures available: Representatives from Bluegreen Corp. can help customers find and book fun adventures and excursions during the time they use their timeshare.

• Gift card perks: The company gives customers who book a Bluegreen Getaway a 75 dollar Visa Reward Card as an added perk.

• Getaway deals: Bluegreen Corp. offers customers regular deals, with two to five night getaways at properties across the country that cost only 149 dollars.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Bluegreen Corp. Company Information