1.48/5
Based on 94 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover a great timeshare now

Last updated: April 21, 2018

484 Bluegreen Corp. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 21, 2018

I’m definitely not the type to write reviews, but after seeing all the negative reviews, I have to speak up. My wife & I are very happy with our Bluegreen ownership. We were not pressured, suckered, or gimmicked into purchasing. The salespeople were very respectful, and assured us NOT to purchase if it would place us under any financial strain or hardship. We came to the agreement to purchase amongst ourselves, and have not been disappointed. We WERE however made aware that there would be annual maintenance fees, and that we probably wouldn’t be able to book a hot destination vacation such as Florida or Hawaii on 3 weeks notice in the summertime, but would have to plan to book in advance which only makes logical sense. Booking reservations from the Bluegreen website calendar is quite simple, and you can see available dates for destinations many months in advance.

We are a young, married couple, and luckily our jobs allow us plenty of time to travel. We have been owners for 10 months, and have already stayed at BG resorts Tradewinds (St. Pete’s Beach, Fl), The Fountains (Orlando), Solara Surfside (Miami), Hotel Blake (Chicago), The Falls Village (Branson twice), Big Cedar Lodge (Branson on Tablerock Lake twice), a RCI condo on a Texas lake (week), and already have reservations booked for Myrtle Beach & The Manhattan Club (NYC) at Christmas this year. So the reviews about owning for 2-3 years and unable to book a trip or reservations is on those people. Some planning ahead is necessary. Obviously, there is no way that we would’ve been able to travel to all these destinations and see the sights if we weren’t owners. We are very happy & satisfied Bluegreen owners, and plan to be for years to come. :)

Original review: April 18, 2018

Received a phone call from these guys as a result of entering sweepstakes for a nice shiny Jeep at the mall (couldn't resist). Obviously, these guys wanted $300 to secure the ultimate vacation package, which I had been specifically selected for. After a 20 minute sales pitch where I muted my mic and played video games, they asked for my CC details, which I declined to give out. I'm happy to say that I wasted their time. At the end of the conversation I mentioned the ConsumerAffairs site and the reviews. Hoo boy, they didn't like that. Hung up on me. I was looking forward to yanking them around further. Yeah, don't ever book with these guys. It's a waste of time. :)

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Bluegreen misrepresents themselves and flat out lies to sell you a vacation package, then their customer service agents are completely useless. They have no idea what’s going on and make no effort to give any real help. You get different information every time you call. And worst of all, their financial department can’t be reached directly and no one that you can speak to gives accurate info. They have held a large sum of my money which was an account overage for over three weeks and no one can tell me when I will get it back. Don’t let them sell you anything!

Original review: April 15, 2018

I wished I had read the reviews before after they called to sell me this piece of crap. They sent me the package to the wrong email address (so I didn't have opportunity to cancel in 30 day period before I finally got the package info). I was told I would have two separate rooms for the Arizona property but when it came time to go, I called in advance to confirm because I didn't get actual property address. They told me I would have one room with two beds and I would needed to upgrade to get a property resort (this wasn't told me during the sales call). I cancelled reservation and I finally got to use the deal a month before it expired (in St. Pete's). They didn't offer me opportunity to schedule 2 hour presentation, they just said show up at 12:30 on Saturday. The property is 30 mins away from hotel they book me (not near the beach) and the time to get there was longer because there was traffic.

Oh, and the three $100 dinner vouchers they give you to offset the cost of the package are useless. There are only a few select places (not quality restaurants) you can use them and not many take the $100 voucher (most $5, 10 and 25) so you would lose $75 if you used one of them. Also, you have to spend double the face value of the voucher to use the voucher. I think I will pass on the cruise and 3 day/2 night packages that came with deal because there are additional costs and probably some hidden fees. Oh, by the way, the St. Pete Resorts is very very old (but gorgeous ocean view.) So it was probably a good thing they stuck me at the Marriott thirty minutes away. It is funny reading the views with more than 3 stars (none of them have verified buyer indicators so they are probably reviews submitted by Bluegreen.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Don’t do it! Way over the top with trying to constantly sell you something instead of trying to make things work for the plan that you signed up for. And if you don’t add more points you are blocked from just about everything. Completely and utterly deceptive program! Buyers beware!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

Original review: April 2, 2018

In Dec 2017, I booked 4 villas at Christmas Mountain Village thru Bluegreen vacations for March 2018. This was for my 32nd birthday. I had 19 people coming with me. When we arrived, the villas were not ready for check in. They were 45 min behind. Then I was informed we didn’t have villas, instead townhomes, cabins, and lofts. All of which were smaller than villas and didn’t have the same accommodations. I had come from Chicago and had brought food for 20 people to bbq because we were supposed to have grills. There were no grills! Then we were given these new rooms, I noticed that there was a loft, which meant no doors for a bedroom, there were double beds, and 1 shared bathroom in the cabins.

I had 7 couples who were included in my 20 count. When I booked, I had called several times to ask about the bathroom and sleeping arrangements. I was assured we all had Queen/king beds and 2-3 bathrooms in each villa. Instead, when I got there, there were log cabins with double beds and 1 shared bathroom. One couple left the resort to go to a hotel because they didn’t drive 7 hrs just to share a bathroom with another couple they didn’t know. I stood at the front desk going back and forth with the workers for 3 hrs trying to get the rooms figured out. They were constantly telling me they were at capacity and could do nothing for me. One guy even went so far as to say, “Well, when you booked, you didn’t specify the room had to have a door!” referring to the loft. I was mortified. Then they were telling me, I could push the double beds together to make one bed! I couldn’t believe my ears.

Lastly the front desk manager offered me $20 back off my total bill which was roughly $1400. I have never been treated so poorly. I have spoken with several people at Christmas Mountain Village resort and they claim that they’re not responsible because Bluegreen vacations is a 3rd party booking company and they have no authority to book a specific room with specific accommodations. So they should’ve never guaranteed me a villa. And I explained to them, resort I didn’t hire their 3rd party company, they did and I need to be compensated for all these issues. I still have no resolve. Never use these two companies.

Original review: April 1, 2018

We took advantage of a free weekend at Shenandoah Crossing, a Bluegreen Resort. We opted to join because of the Coast to Coast membership that came with it. We have an RV and they assured us that we would enjoy a Coast to Coast membership with Shenandoah Crossing as our home resort. Boy did they scam us good! Almost $9,000 on the membership and $500 in yearly maintenance fees and their resort and service has been declining ever since. Some things are small, like the fact that they used to provide towels at the pool, but they don’t anymore and they don’t enforce their rules (8 year olds running around driving golf carts when the rule is they have to be 16). Others are much more unacceptable.

First, to make a reservation you have to call Shenandoah for normal reservations, but if you want the more elite treatment available, you have to call a number in Fla. We have been there every year on the same weekend and reserved an RV site with a hot tub. The first year, no problems. Since then, they are never available unless you call right before you’re scheduled to arrive and see if there have been any cancellations.

This year, although we understood it was a holiday weekend (Easter) we were again told, by the place in Fla. that none were available. We called the day before check-in and confirmed that we still couldn’t get one. So, we asked for a specific site number that we knew we liked. Of course we were told that they don’t hold sites. Ok, so we arrived and went to our assigned site. We noticed that the site we wanted was empty so we called and asked about it. We were told they were holding it for someone! Then, as we went for walks during our stay, we noticed several hot tub sites empty. We checked the hot tubs and they were operational.

Another thing they didn’t reveal about Coast to Coast is that some of the campgrounds that honor this membership will put you in the less desirable locations of their property. So, we spent a lot of money and, yes, we expected special treatment for it. They told us we needed to play the points game to get what we wanted. They know very well that we don’t have enough points to do that, so of course, they would be willing to talk to us about purchasing more. I wouldn’t give them one star, but I wasn’t sure my review would show up if I didn’t.

Original review: March 30, 2018

My stay at Bluegreen La Pension, I have always wanted to stay in New Orleans. Bucket list kind of thing, but as a Bluegreen owner never could make that possible. Can't afford more points and never any last minute availability. So I search online and I see all kinds of units available online but at the cost of 100s a $$$ a night! So I call corp office and explain to her what is going on. Why are these rooms not available to owners first??? She miraculously gives me a free room at no charge. Seems kinda like hush $$$ but I take it, feeling like I deserve it from all the ups and downs being a Bluegreen owner and the yearly cost. But now I understand why there are only so many rooms at each property. I get it $$$ first for Bluegreen.

So my trip comes up we decided to leave a day early to have more time with family that we meet out there. Keep in mind traveling is exhausting on its own, Sunday Jan 28th up at 5 am for a 8 am flight. Meet up with family. Check in at hotel. We ended up being up for around 19 hours that day but get a good 6 hours of sleep at this hotel nice and quiet. Also my husband is diabetic so looking for more rest at the next Hotel. It's important to his health to get the right amount of sleep.

Pack up at a different hotel on Monday 29th then go to La Pension. Check in room isn't ready but we are early. That is understandable. Leave for lunch and we are told they would call us when the room is ready. Sometime around 6 we get our keys and at no point do they tell us we are in the sales building next to a model unit that they show from early morning to night! I do walk past the sales room on the way to the elevator thinking nothing of it 'cause we'll be on the 6th floor. First night was awful. From the street noise we were up and down all night. Still didn't see or hear anything from next room 'cause we arrived at the room late. So in the morning I call the front desk to possibly move but before I could ask the young lady at the front desk tells me the rooms at the back of the building are far worse with all the noise and have a alley view!

At this point we are up. Go eat. Come back to take a nap, My husband and I have the balcony doors open starting to do what married people do and OMG someone is on the balcony next door! Oops my fault I guess. Someone checked in next door. Close the curtains! They can clearly see us and we can see them!!! I'm horrified!!! SO later on I learn that this hotel don't care about noise control or my privacy either!!! So we meet up with family and we are gone for the day. So at dinner we come up with a good idea to put the mattress on top of the pull out couch in the front room. Great. No more street noise!!!

Jan 30th... We do sleep better in the front room until about 7 am I hear someone rolling out luggage, okay just the people next door leaving, hear the elevator door slam OK. We are in a close area with 3 other rooms. No problem 'cause our door is right in front of the elevator right we are sleeping. 8 am I hear a cleaning lady knocking on all the doors. Housekeeping! She knocks on my door! In my Half asleep state I swing open the door, I say we are sleeping!!! She says, "You don't have your do not disturb sign up!!!" I tell her I'm not checking out till Saturday!!! Oops my fault again. Didn't have the sign up, but this really didn't matter cause I can hear her at every door knocking already waking me up at 8 am.

I apologize to her later on 'cause she is only doing what she was told. This is the hotel's policy to knock on all the doors to see if you need anything every morning!!! I have never stood at a Bluegreen property that does this. If I need something I call!!! This is an old building and you can hear everything!!! So on about 5 hours asleep I try to go back to sleep. I can hear the elevator go up and down, doors slamming and people talking, etc. I give up on sleeping and need to wash a load of clothes. Call the front desk for laundry soap, I ask the lady at the front desk why is there so much noise around here when there is only 3 other rooms??? She then tells me we are staying next to a model unit that they show all day!!!

I couldn't believe it!!! This is the second time I complained and still didn't offer to move me!!! And why would Bluegreen disturb anyone's vacation with their Sales department!!! Strangers coming and going, no privacy and all the noise!!! Call the front desk back and ask for a manager to call me, do my laundry. Never hear from her.

Get dressed, go to the lobby and just so happen to see Christina ** the manager, I explain to her everything, even the having relations with my husband and the first words out of her mouth was making it my fault that if I had a neighbor the same thing can happen instead of apologizing for no one informing me about having the room next to me shown all morning, I would have never agreed to stay in that room in the first place. Managers dont seem to care about the safety of their guests with strangers coming and going either.

I also explained to her if I had a neighbor it would be the same people and I would know if they're coming and going and they wouldn't be making noise all day and night!!! We most likely would get to know each other. I told her I'm on the balcony trying to read a book, waiting for my laundry to finish, trying to relax and there is different people every time I turn around on the balcony next to me!!! So by her attitude that this is somehow my fault before she can offer me another room I get on my high horse and inform her I'm not moving, packing and moving is not an option and the management needs to have some respect for the people in these rooms on vacation before your sales department!!!

AT this point I feel like I am sticking up for me and the other people that stay and have stood in these rooms!!! She tells me no one else has ever complained, which after reading reviews on the internet this is a lie. There are many complaints of noise in the hallways, that is besides the point. In this business one complaint is too many!!!

I Also informed her I will let these people know what you are doing to us on my vacation if the noise doesn't stop, it's not the hotel's fault with the street noise but the noise in the hotel can be controlled till a certain time. I know it's a crazy thing to ask of a hotel to have peace and quiet so we can sleep and privacy!!! It's one thing to be disturb by other guests but to have the sales team disturbing guests that is beyond rude!!! I tell her, "My Vacation seems to be revolving around your schedule not mine". I leave to continue my day second day staying here, Another day everything we do we are tired and sluggish from lack of sleep.

Return to my room that night. Tired to nap before dinner, at 6:30 pm The GM Zandrea calls me. I explain to her what is going on, Yes I have a bad attitude of course cause she woke me up and being sleep deprived I have no patience especially for once again another manager that has the attitude that this is my fault and is not apologizing and sees nothing wrong with the sales department disturbing us on our vacation. She offers me another room. I say NO. Why should I have to pack up and move, I have the balcony I like, the view I like.

Knowing another employee telling me it's worse where they want to move me more noise and looking at an alley!!! No thank you! I tell her, "How dare you do this to people on Vacation, even though this room was given to me with traveling, eating and flights we have now spent around 2000$ and no one seems to care that all we like to do is get some sleep and have some privacy!!! We aren't rich people. We worked hard for that $$$".

JAN 31st Some noise but not as bad today. After talking to them I thought maybe they now understand. Feb 1st... 7 am woken up again by the same noise, but fall back to sleep till 9. Broken sleep but grateful for any sleep cause we are going on a 6 hour tour. Morning of Feb 2nd... Last day have to be up at 5 am next Morning for flight home... Same noise 7 am, listen to the Elevator go up and down nonstop. 8 am cleaning guy next door pounding on the walls, I get up to inform him we are trying to sleep. Continues to clean, vacuuming, etc., etc. 9 am hear elevator up and down. People talking, etc. for hours...

So now at some point after 10 am I lose my mind from broken sleep for days. I hear people talking right in front of my door like nothing. It's the sales team waiting for the elevator. I'm guessing talking to a client, Since Bluegreen don't care about me and after days of asking for quiet I scream in the hallway informing them what is going on and don't buy ** from this company!!! ~ Bluegreen doesn't care about the $$$ that we have spent on taking this vacation. Why should I care about Bluegreen making $$$.

So now I'm up, there is no sleep in sight for us... Around 11 am there a knock on the door. GM standing there. "Zandrea", I tell her, "You have been waking me up since 7 am!!!" She then tells me I have 20 mins to pack up and leave the property or she will call the police... I close the door and tell her I'm not leaving and to call the police. At this point I'm thinking I have warned them, asked, pleaded for quiet, what have I've done wrong but stand up for myself and let other people know how they treat their guests!!!

But the police don't care either so they come into our room, tell us to leave or we are going to jail!!! So we pack and leave. We are now out on the street with our luggage in a city we hardly know with nowhere to go! We book flights to go home. Missing the parade I always wanted to see!!! Call customer service. They don't care either 'cause the GM told them that she offered us to move, so I guess to Bluegreen that makes everything okay!!!

I wasn't moving for the reasons I have already explained. Your owners should never be disturb by your sales team unless we choose to!!! All I could do is cry from feeling so powerless. All I can say is I want a divorce from Bluegreen. I can't believe this was done to us... I'm guessing I need a lawyer!!! I'm just hoping someone at Bluegreen reads this letter and maybe don't realize how Zandrea ** is running this property. I'm now sitting at home sick to my stomach and in disbelief on how we were treated!!!

Original review: March 30, 2018

I was contacted by Bluegreen Vacations last October and they offered a 3 night/4 day vacation in any one of their 16 resorts located throughout the country. All I had to do was call and notify them of which resort I wanted to stay at and agree to sit through a two-hour time-share sales pitch. Fair enough, I thought, and I paid $199. When I went to book the resort today, I was told that no - I would not be staying at a resort after all - but at a 'partner hotel' which they would choose for me.

They totally lied to us about staying at one of their resorts and when I asked for my money back, they refused to refund me - even though the sales agent told me over the phone I could cancel at any time. My advice to anyone considering doing business with Bluegreen Vacations is that they use deceptive and most likely illegal business practices and I would advise them to never do business with a company like this. I could just chalk it up as a lesson learned, but I want my $199 back.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I purchased the promotional ‘getaway’ vacation for $199 from Bass Pro Shops. Was told we’d be staying at the Bluegreen vacation property in the city we selected. We would be required to go on a 2-hour sales tour at the property. However, when I called to make the reservation, I was told that unless I paid an upcharge, we’d be housed in a hotel (NOT the Bluegreen vacation property). Since we were going to be housed in a hotel, I asked if it would be close to our destination city. They said ‘yes, walking distance to downtown’ but the hotel was a 15-minute drive away. In two separate conversations with two different customer service reps, I heard the same story: “you should go to Harry’s…my husband and I always go there… He always orders the voodoo chicken.” If you’re going to script personal anecdotes, be smart enough to give a different one to each customer service rep.

When you arrive, you must check in at the Bluegreen property. Only then do you find out which hotel they’re putting you in. And only then do they tell you your tour time, without any option to know in advance and plan around your schedule. Our hotel was subpar and undergoing renovations. The fitness room was unusable. The amenities were sparse. And as stated above, it was not even close to walking distance to the nearby city. We were put in a room directly across from the elevator and were kept awake by the ‘ding’ of the elevator at all hours. Additionally, they don’t tell you that you must still pay taxes at your hotel. Bass Pro Shops sales rep and Bluegreen mislead us about the terms of our ‘getaway.’

They assign your tour day and time. Not convenient if you already made scheduled plans, as we had. Why don’t they allow visitors any say in selecting their tour time? I asked to change our tour time, and they did accommodate my request. We arrived at the tour and a guy asked us to sign forms, including one that was our agreement to pay $979.00 for the actual cost of our ‘getaway’ stay if we did not complete the tour. I told him that we were here for the tour, intended to complete it, and therefore this form was unnecessary. I said, “I wouldn’t sign it.” He said I MUST sign it to attend. I said, “I wouldn’t sign it.” And I didn’t. They let us attend anyway. We were in a group of about 20 people.

Not only do they try to get you to sign a form saying that if you don’t complete the tour, you have to pay ‘full value’ for your ‘getaway vacation,’ they will also charge you $200 for not taking the tour. So you better do the damn tour – or you’ll be fighting your credit card company over their ridiculous penalties for not taking the tour. We were told the tour would not be more than two hours, yet we’re there for three hours, listening to sales drivel and taking tours of rooms. If they wanted to impress us with the rooms, they should have put us up in one, instead of a cheesy hotel in a bad area. Victoria presented a one-hour presentation about the benefits of Bluegreen versus paying for your own hotels as you travel or owning a traditional timeshare. She was obviously schooled in ‘seminar group think’ tactics such as getting individuals to talk about their dreams, repeat her words and respond to simple but leading questions.

As an influential speaker, she was mediocre. The ‘special deal’ our group was offered was a ‘charter agreement’ with other organizations. If we purchased TODAY, we’d get all the special deals offered by these partners and save thousands of dollars. They made a cheesy laminated ‘certificate’ bullet pointing the offers to make it look ‘official.’ OH, and BTW – they greatly de-emphasized the fact that you can only use your ‘points’ at one of 76 Bluegreen -owned properties. If you want to stay at properties in the RCI vacation program, you can’t just apply your points – you must also pay an exchange fee. 76 properties is NOT a lot. They are banking on RCI’s 4,300 properties without being forthright about the details. Why not just join RCI or SPG, vacation program brokers that provide access to thousands of hotels?

Next came the hard sell (after Victoria assured the group that Bluegreen prided itself on NOT doing the hard sell thing). We were ushered into a conference room where each buying party was paired with a sales rep. Lisa (our rep) answered our questions and brought over Troy (the sales manager) whenever we asked a question she couldn’t answer, which was often. Finally, after telling us how much money we’d save based on an oversimplified calculation of our hotel room costs over ten years of travel, they put a piece of paper in front of us asking for $44,900 to invest in their vacation program. Like any halfway intelligent consumers, we said that we would not make a same-day decision, but we’d consider it. We requested the backup documentation (e.g., complete descriptions and disclosures of all annual fees, exchange fees, etc.). They said they couldn’t give it to us. Really?

I stated that no intelligent consumer would make a decision like this without performing the necessary due diligence and evaluating the fine print. Troy, the Sales Mgr, asked me why I hadn’t performed my due diligence on Bluegreen. Uh, wasn’t that why we were here? We came here to learn about the program. The fact that they were not willing to provide any detailed information was not only a deal breaker, but a ridiculous affront to their expectation that their customers would do due diligence. Troy’s last resort sales pitch was to tell us that he knew that if we said we’d ‘think about it,’ that we’d never come back. He was right. We declined the offer and left.

If Bluegreen’s sales process was more intelligent, they’d figure out a way to allow folks to ‘think about it’ and still be compelled to take the bait the next day or two. In retrospect, after the event, I got even madder when the reality fully sunk in: For $45k, they never actually stated what you would OWN. Am I buying fractional real property, or simply vacation program points? Never. Made. Clear. = Fraud. Many fees are noted ‘subject to change without notice’ – never a good sign. There was no mention of how property stays were delegated during peak times when many ‘owners’ would be requesting the same properties. There was absolutely no information provided with even a simple annual breakdown of average ‘owner’ maintenance fees, exchange fees and other fees over time.

There was no explanation of the ROI, except for the ability to book hotels at lower prices. If I ‘own’ something, what equity am I earning? Apparently, none. Thank God we never considered buying. The sales pitch is compelling enough to influence consumers into making impulsive decisions they will regret. If you ask to receive detailed info in order to ‘think it over,’ you’ll be denied because they know anyone with half a brain will never come back after a tad bit of critical thinking. I was thoroughly disgusted by the entire process, from Bass Pro Shop’s misleading ‘getaway vacation’ pitch to the final moments (three hours later) when Troy, the Sales Mgr, resorted to making us feel like losers for walking away in an attempt to ‘guilt’ us into buying. After reading others’ reviews, it’s clear my gut is right. This company makes me sick. Do NOT purchase anything from them. Complete. Scam. They are a disgrace.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Scam, don't do it! They took my money but did not fulfill their end of the deal. I could not reach customer service with multiple attempts, was not able to book my vacation because they never responded and had to book a hotel at the last minute even though I had purchased a package for specific dates. They called two weeks after my vacation dates to tell me I had a year to use the package which did me absolutely no good. Waited over an hour for a supervisor to get on the phone at which time she tried to sell me on the package by telling me I could still use it to go somewhere else.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I am deeply disappointed with the appalling customer service from Bluegreen. So far they have been proved to be pretty dire. If Bluegreen is reading this, they may be interested to know I'm consulting an attorney and will be filing a formal complaint. I would definitely recommend that you NOT sign up with them. None of their promises are filled. If Bluegreen would like to discuss this review, they are welcome to call me on **.

Original review: March 23, 2018

We were told we had first pick at resorts, but every time we try to book no rooms available. But I can go online and find 2 bedroom units at resort at my vacation time. Rooms have been poor and always 1 bedroom or studio. I have called customer service and still cannot get rooms. When I file complaint they will call me back and offer me a vacation for $ 79.00 with no blackouts dates at any resorts. I tell them why can't I use my points on no blackouts. They can't help me. First I was told did not have enough points. But that is not what we were told. They sell our information, we get calls to rent our points all the time, if we pay $1600.00 we can rent points for $2300.00. One of their selling points is friends could use resorts but could never get dates we needed.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Customer service is very nice. Try repeatedly to make reservations and past unsuccessful due to the amount of members and the amount of space available at resorts. Instead of accommodating the members of the group that want to make reservations the money goes into profits. My advice would to be. Not to buy Bluegreen. Poor investment. You will be unhappy with the amount of space available for your vacations.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Bluegreen's billing practices for maintenance fees are usurious. Buyer beware! Bluegreen does not allow payment methods to be made on file for the payment of annual maintenance fees. Your options are paper invoice arriving on or about Feb 1st and due by March 15th or email (I DO NOT RECOMMEND AS BLUEGREEN PEPPERS YOUR INBOX). If you miss this deadline, as I did, this company charges rates that exceed 12% penalty. So an $1380 maintenance fee morphs up an additional $175!!!

Original review: March 11, 2018

This company misrepresented their free vacation deal. They forgot to mention that when we made our reservations for the 4 day 3 night stay at the hotel in Las Vegas that we would have to pay taxes and fees for each night that we stayed at the hotel. I have tried to e-mail this company but all my e-mails come back that the address is unknown. I have contacted my charge card company to dispute this charge to my charge card. I can't contact anyone from this company to let them know that I have done this. I suggest that anyone that is considering this company should take heed and not have anything to do with this company.

Updated on [03/11/2018]: I filed a complaint as to this company misrepresenting their vacation deal. I was upset because their sales representative. Did not tell us about the additional expenses that would occur when we made reservations for our free 4 day 3 night stay in Las Vegas. I wrote the company and requested that we be issued a credit for the money that we had paid to them. I received a phone call from them this morning apologizing for their representative not explaining to us completely about the expenses that we did not know that we had to pay.

The person I spoke to was very professional and immediately issued a credit for the money that we had paid them and was going to speak to their representative for what had happened. I went on my e-mail about 30 minutes after our conversation and there was a credit for our money. I feel that they handled the problem immediately and was very happy that we did not have to fight to get our refund.

Original review: March 8, 2018

2 weeks prior to travels I get told we can't have our room. When purchasing this vacation I informed the sales associate that my friends and I would be using the room for travels. All was perfect with her and money was taken ($289.00). I get a call today explaining that we can no longer travel unless my significant other goes with us. Never ever will I stay with these people and nor will I EVER recommend this company unless you have money to just give away with no returned services.

Original review: March 2, 2018

We have been paying for this timeshare for seven years and have not once been able to stay at a resort. Countless lies were told to us at the sales presentation when we said we weren't interest in purchasing. We finally agreed to purchase 3,000 points a year and were shown beautiful places we could stay, and that our points would roll over every year if we didn't use them. Our points got us nothing. We figured we'd save up a few years and then take a vacation, but the points did not roll over. What a waste of $16,000 that we've paid out over the years. After finally having enough, we stopped paying. They wouldn't let us out of our contract. Our credit took a big hit. Don't make the same mistake we did. If it sounds too good to be true, that's because it is.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I love Bluegreen, their promos are fantastic. We've gone on two tours and they always treat us right. We are considering buying. We've done other tours and you can never get away, they just keep you there forever. My friend did Bluegreen and loved it, they sent her on a Promo AND gave her a free Cruise! I can't wait to go on my cruise! I love it!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Bluegreen is a scam and a rip-off. We paid way too much for way too little points. We have enough points to stay at a Bluegreen resort for 3-4 nights, off season, every other year. Our maintenance fees cost us ~$600 every year. So, that equates out to ~$1200 for a 3-4 night vacation every other year, not including the original ~$8000 we paid for the points. For $1200 (and the $8000), we could stay a week at an in-season resort, anywhere we choose, instead of the very limited Bluegreen locations. I regret on a regular basis ever getting suckered into Bluegreen. The salespeople do their job well and make it sound like you're getting an amazing deal.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I am a Bluegreen owner. I bought my timeshare in 1995 and upgraded around 2005. I have spent countless weeks at different resorts from Bluegreen. The thing you need to watch out for is the associate resorts. These resorts are inferior to the ones owned and managed by Bluegreen. When booking your reservations you need to think in the future.

The best time to book your Resort is at least 10 months in advance to benefit from the best ones available. These reservations go first and the ones left over are the Associate resorts on a short notice. You can book the reservation for others. I give my time to friends and family, when I have spare points. The maintenance fees have skyrocketed since we joined, but compared to hotel charges are still reasonable. The front desk at some timeshares are not as accommodating as hotels. Make sure you check out the list of amenities and facilities for each resort, no two are the same. I still am satisfied with my purchase. It forces us to vacation.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

We can never get a reservation at the times and for the places we want to go. Our annual fees are nearly $2000 and we received a $1000 credit for a cruise we booked through Bluegreen in exchange for ALL of our annual 25,000 points. We tried the RCI exchange and same result...nothing available when or where we wanted to go. We have paid for the 25,000 points in total, and are now paying an attorney to get us out of the contract so we don't continue to pay annual maintenance fees, taxes, etc. for almost nothing in return. We could have taken a lot of cruises for what we have paid Bluegreen. Don't do this.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Unless you are thrilled about the idea of paying $696 a year (billed annually) for maintenance fees alone... Do not fall for this scam of all scams!! After a four hour exhausting presentation and signing nearly all of the closing documents we got to the disclosure page, which revealed a $58 per month maintenance fee. Our pair of sales ladies downplayed the annual billing with an offer to pay the first six payments. When I pointed out the fees were double what my HOA fees are at my personal home. Coupled with the nightmare stories of low availability and difficulty booking vacations, you're better off booking your vacations on your own!!!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

When trying to make a reservation, I was told that only a few of their destinations were available to me. They failed to tell me that when I signed up. All they said was just to go on their website and choose a property and if it was available, we could book it. Well, that's not the case. If they had told me that in the beginning, I never would have signed up. All of the properties offered to me I am not interested in.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I recently had a stay at the Bluegreen Resort. Was promised a gift at the end of my timeshare when I reached the end to be awarded my prize. When they seen my significant other was a female which IM a female also I was asked if we had W2 paperwork stating we make over 50,000. I told them I wasn't informed to bring in paperwork. They stated, "I know but sometimes we have to act for this paperwork as precaution." I remind you my sister and her husband attend the presentation also. They didn't have to show any paperwork so what could the problem be. They then had me give a call to my supervisor to seen if he could fax me something saying what was my annual income. I proceed, "What was all this for. Why was I being stereotype because I was in a relationship with my another female."

I ended up leaving go to the front desk where I was greeted by a gentleman Ruban ** who was very helpful and friendly and asked me to report any problems from here on out but he didn't have anything to do with the prize. I contacted customer service who stated that if I attend the class I should have received the gift. Unfortunately I still didn't receive the gift.

I had several workers during my stay ask me more than once was I supposed to be at this resort showing my room key every time like I was not suppose to be there cause of who I was in a relationship with. I will never stay again. The room had roaches in them. I killed at least five during my stay. Nothing could be left out on the counters because of the roaches. Me and my wife have attended timeshares but this was by far the worst. I will never do business with them again. This place is terrible and very judgmental from the very beginning.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I really shouldn't have put the slip with my info on it into the box at the mall. (When I was a kid, local companies would solicit in the same fashion; but would actually award real FREE prizes). Anyway, I did it, and they called. I apologized for submitting my entry; but that didn't stop them from continuing to entice me or for summoning the "supervision" to contribute with his ideas of "words of enticement". I asked, Will you issue the voucher up front? If I feel that the vacation is fun, then I'll reimburse. But if it feels like a bad job, then at least your company will have footed the bill. He volleyed back with his opinion about their offer again. I pre-apologized for disconnecting the phone on him. Then I said good night & hung up.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I would give this company a negative rating if I could. We got suckered into buying a $199 package at Bass Pro. I booked the trip for March 2018. My husband is starting a new job & can't go with me but they won't let me take my daughter. They said my husband has to be with me in case we want to purchase. That is the most sexist thing I've heard. Why can't a wife make a financial decision on her own. Besides, with all the technology today it's not hard to sign electronically. I think they just want to make it so hard to use the package that I won't use it & they get to keep my money!!! Don't buy from them!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Horrible experience! Purchased from them and dates are almost impossible to come by. Points usage is higher than they say and they flat out lied and told us we could gift the dates and then now that we have bought it they say we cannot. Huge waste of money!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I entered a prize drawing absent-mindedly. A rep from BlueGreen called me and told me I had won a vacation, but she refused to send me anything in writing. She insisted that she had to go through her whole spiel on the phone first. Fine. At the end, I asked again if she could please send me something in writing, but she changed the subject and started talking about the fees I would have to pay to take advantage of this "free" prize I had won. I told her I could not pay any money until I saw something in writing. She then transferred me to a "supervisor" who told me the first woman was "new" and could he help me with anything? I told him I needed to see something in writing and he again evaded the question and implied that I would have to pay these fees before I could get any more specific information. I said I wasn't interested in timeshare scams, and hung up.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I have been an owner for over 10 years. I accidentally purchased points protection on a very low point reservation. For this particular trip, I have 3 separate reservations. The other 2 reservations, I didn't purchase the protection. I didn't realize I bought it until I saw the charge on my credit card statement, 6 days later. I called Bluegreen and they acted like it would almost be impossible to accidentally buy it. My credit card info is in my phone, so a click of a button, it was purchased. I have never bought it in the over 10 years I have owned.

Why would I do it for this low point reservation! They don't care about the owners though. I wasn't enough for them to get tens of thousands of dollars for the initial timeshare purchase, the $1300 in maintenance fees every year, or the money I pay for extra vacations. This $45 they won't refund for the points protection, just cost them the trust of a loyal owner. Like I said, I have never had an issue until now. It's not like I can just give up my timeshare with all the money I have put in, but I can warn others not to buy! It is a very greedy company. They do not care about the owners at all!

Bluegreen Corp. expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Bluegreen is a company that specializes in timeshares and adventure vacations, and it was founded in 1966. The company caters to more than 175,000 owners and is headquartered in Boca Raton, FL. The company features a deeded timeshare program with timeshare locations across the United States and Caribbean.

• Conveniently located: Bluegreen Corp. features timeshare properties across the United States, which makes them easy to access for customers across America.

• Bluegreen Vacation Points system: The company offers customers a points system, and they can access different resorts by accumulating more points. These points can also be exchanged with RCI properties.

• Adventures available: Representatives from Bluegreen Corp. can help customers find and book fun adventures and excursions during the time they use their timeshare.

• Gift card perks: The company gives customers who book a Bluegreen Getaway a 75 dollar Visa Reward Card as an added perk.

• Getaway deals: Bluegreen Corp. offers customers regular deals, with two to five night getaways at properties across the country that cost only 149 dollars.

• Best for: People who want a luxury vacation property, large families, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with disposable income.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs