2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.43/5

Bluegreen Corp. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

Original review: March 31, 2021

When Bluegreen called and offered us a trip to Las Vegas if we attended a sales meeting while there. Upon our arrival, we were sent to an early morning presentation on Christmas morning, which we had been told would last 60-90 minutes. The fact that we spent over 4 hours in a high-pressure sales meeting on Christmas Day should have been a red flag! We finally made a purchase just so that we could leave and at least enjoy some of the holiday. When we returned home, we were excited to book a family vacation with this purchase. We couldn’t book anything! Quickly we learned that the membership we owned was totally useless. This is NOT a good investment and I would not recommend purchasing with Bluegreen to anyone!!

Original review: March 25, 2021

In 2019, we responded to a Facebook ad that promised a free vacation in exchange for our attendance at a short timeshare presentation. When we arrived at the resort in Myrtle Beach, we were sent to this presentation that was nowhere near short. We became interested in purchasing with Bluegreen because we were told by their sales staff that we could use this to obtain discounted travel for all my workers. Specifically, I was told that the travel trailers that my workers were currently staying in at Pirateland would be included. How could we pass up a deal like that? When we went to sign the paperwork, we noticed that a lot of it was left blank and were told by the Bluegreen staff that it wasn’t necessary information. Imagine our surprise when we arrived home, called Pirateland to utilize the discounts that we were told would be available, and were told that this was not possible; they are not even affiliated with Bluegreen?!? They flat out lied to us!

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2021

Do not join. If it’s too good to be true it absolutely is. Do not believe that you can opt out. You absolutely cannot and will be suckered in if you do not write to corporate within 10 business days of the date you sign your contract. Mind you they will direct you to mail it in to a office in Boca Raton Florida and have a good faith in them to get back to you within 10 business days. I agree with the gentleman who said if I could leave no stars I would I actually would go -5 just to give that much of a heads up for the naïve buyer walking to the deal of a lifetime.

Original review: March 8, 2021

They charged me 300 after attending timeshare presentation at Club 36 Hotel in Las Vegas. I attended for over an hour and saw contract interest rate and payment and said no. They were upset that I said no to the agreement due to travel restrictions now with pandemic. Justin ** the manager was very rude. Had me sign something to leave and mentioned I'd lose out on the cruise. Never mentioned they'd charge me 300 dollars!!!! Unreal. The salesman Kevin said "Do you want me to get fired for not staying the whole tour?" I said, "Are you serious?" Why would you want to make someone tour after they mentioned their family can't travel due to covid.....the interest rate was 17%!!!!! Who would buy that??? Horrible experience. Never again. Bluegreen Vacations is unethical. I have a formal complaint with the BBB and I may get a lawyer now as well for unlawful and unethical business practice.

Original review: March 1, 2021

BlueGreen has been, for the most part, a positive experience. I own a modest share. I went through their free weekend and sales pitch. I found it to be engaging, enlightening, and energetic. There was some soft pressure, but we wanted what they had to offered, but at a price we could afford. It is important to be exceedingly patient and make sure you understand your wants and needs before you go into the sales weekend. It all looks a little better than reality, but this is true of most any of these services. We used the sampler package to test the system with a trip to Disney World. It worked great. We used their samplier discount to buy a modest share in WI.

We have used it in different ways and find the whole thing to be about what we expected. They are always super helpful on the phone. The key is to ask questions, seek advice from their employees (always very helpful), and do things well in advance. We recommended it to our family and others are considering joining us on this venture. All-in-all, I would do it again. I do secretly wonder if I can sell this property down the road and get my money back. This review is only 3-years into using BlueGreen. In short, they are big enough to be useful, and helpful enough to keep me happy. I give 4-stars out of 5-stars only because I am not completely sure the value of the annual fees is worth the limited use we actually make of the service. I hope this is helpful.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

In 2018, I visited Nashville with a friend who was offered a discounted stay at Bluegreen’s Pigeon Forge resort. As part of this stay, we were both required to attend a 90-minute sales presentation. When we arrived, we were first told of all of the benefits to Bluegreen ownership. After this, we were seated with a sales agent who continued to explain to us how ownership with Bluegreen worked and all the places that we could visit. I was confused as to how timeshare worked, but instead of answering my questions, the sales agent just talked in circles and pressured me into making a purchase before I left that day. I was told that by purchasing a Florida property, I would have a real estate investment that would not only be available to me whenever I wanted to travel, but it would continue to increase in value.

I was also told that this purchase would allow my children and grandchildren could vacation for the rest of their lives. I was never told that they would have to inherit this debt, and the never-ending maintenance fees to even have the chance to experience this! Since that day, I have been told that I needed to attend three different presentations, sold to me as owner updates, where I have been further pressured into additional purchases. At no point have any of these given me ANY of the value that I was promised! This company has preyed on me from the start!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

*Disclaimer - If I could leave NO stars, I most certainly would right now. RUN - They don't respect your time when attending their events. They make a lot of promises and can't follow through. Our offers were switched twice while in the one on one with them and when I asked for the one we agreed to - no one could find it (the person who offered it was gone for the day). Lesson learned for us - we should have gotten up and walked out the door right then.

We purchased the sampler package in November and in February already regretted it because we aren't allowed to book the property where we told them we wanted, due to blackout dates! These blackout dates prevent us from using our points that we already paid for for THREE months this year, including the time frame we explicitly told them we wanted to go to.

When I jumped on line today to book our family vacation for our daughter's 21 birthday, I discovered we needed to select a different property, so I called in asking for some help. The customer service rep on the phone was HORRIBLE - she told us we could stay at a resort 1 hour & 45 minutes (one way) from where we need to be on our vacation and drive back & forth every day - WTHeck? In her words "it's not that far"... What kind of solution is that??? I can tell you - a horrible one at best. Her next solution was to book the property we wanted at a different time of year - did she even listen when I told her we are coming down for a family vacation to celebrate a 21st birthday??

Do NOT spend money with this company. We are so thankful we did not sign up for a point package and get stuck with them, FOREVER. Since purchasing we have discovered a world of "owners" who are not happy with this company and can not get out of their contract and have not been able to sell because not enough people want to own here.

Our business will most definitely be going to a competitor!! Hello Disney resort - I would much rather pay too much for overpriced accommodations and know the place wanted my business than deal with Bluegreen. We also won't have to drive 1 hour & 45 minutes (one way) every day to go to the parks, with a toddler and pre-schooler.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

I first became associated with Bluegreen when I received a call offering me a free trip that turned out to be anything but free. First, it took a year to book; I finally chose to take my family to a cabin in Pigeon Forge. Not long after booking, I received a call that the resort was not available, and I had to book another location. This again required an extra booking fee. Quite a lot of money to pay for a “free vacation”!

When we finally arrived, the resort was nowhere near as advertised. Plus, we learned that we needed to attend a presentation! We were consistently pressured to make a purchase; the staff going so far as to make us believe that this was our only opportunity to ever buy with Bluegreen. The entire presentation was filled with these types of lies; we were told that we were receiving tons of free gifts, that this was the cheapest way for us to vacation and failed to disclose that there was a legal cooling-off period. They have no shame, and I would not recommend this company to anyone!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

In 2018 we tried out Bluegreens Sampler package for vacations and in 2019 we became owners. We have taken three vacations since that time. The vacations were nice and World Golf Village is a nice place to stay! We enjoy it whenever we stay there. However... as we try out other places in their version of the JC Penney catalog, the accommodations at Harbour Lights in Myrtle Beach, SC were not nice. There are spiders hanging everywhere and I'm terribly afraid of spiders. Maintenance did absolutely nothing to remove them. Also when we went there again to give it one more chance this Thanksgiving 2020, we were not treated well. We had a bug in one of our dish cupboards and they poo-pooed it away as a Palmetto bug and said there's nothing they can do. Ummmm... we don't live in a third world country! Of course there's something they could do! They don't care! They got their commission. That is the only thing they care about!!

This is the main issue we have with Bluegreen: we have been lied to about them helping us refinance our two properties. "Andrew" and "Tracy " promised to help us with the whole refinancing process, Andrew gave us his "personal number", promised to help us pick out the emails to best refinance with and somehow... they both are mysteriously "unavailable " after trying to call them. And we have emailed others only to have them lie to us and claim that our email will be forwarded to their managers and marketing supervisors. Nope! Also, Andrew pretended to be interested in our vacation and the places we were going to go visit but has not talked to us since.

I have read all the other reviews here and I dont know how these guys, these liars, these scam artists even clear their conscience knowing they lie to people every day, face to face, (which is brazenly ballsy) and it doesn't even bother them! They will not help unless it's to throw you a small bone, put a Bandaid on the putrifying wound that is Bluegreen by offering a useless certificate or give you a gift card. The places we wish to stay are always unavailable unless we want to pay extra fees. And the maintenance fees always go up because they high pressure you into accepting their lie so they can earn their commission and sell you more "points" (another property, another set of maintenance fees). Their lying staff is mysteriously "unavailable "?? Mmmmhmmm. The meetings end up taking away from your vacation time and we ended up missing time to go to an attraction we really wanted to spend time at. They don't care!!

I will NEVER EVER go to one of their high pressure meetings again! And will not attend any other type of meeting unless it is to refinance and lower our payment like they promised. LIARS!!! SCAMMERS! If you're thinking about shopping at Bass Pro.... DONT! They nail you there too! And if you are thinking about falling for their smooth talking (silver fox with a forked tongue spiel).... I hope you haven't already. They don't ever do what they promise and will scam you out of money that could be used to take your own nice vacations with no property maintenance fees or lies. Why give any more money to these con artists?!? Shila Knoxville TN

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I brought a package from Bass Pros in Nashville. We used the hotel and it was horrible. The room. A strange man knock on the door saying he was security at around 10. He looked like a homeless person. We received a free cruise for the tour. I was told that we could upgrade and pay the difference. When calling to scheduling the cruise was told that the upgrade was only $50-400 and that the package do not have a monetary value. Once we went through the information the discount was only $291 which was worse than anything I ever heard. The rep basically told me I had to keep what they gave which was not what was previously discussed. I will never do business with them again.

Bluegreen Corp. author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Bluegreen is a company that specializes in timeshares and adventure vacations, and it was founded in 1966. The company caters to more than 175,000 owners and is headquartered in Boca Raton, FL. The company features a deeded timeshare program with timeshare locations across the United States and Caribbean.

• Conveniently located: Bluegreen Corp. features timeshare properties across the United States, which makes them easy to access for customers across America.

• Bluegreen Vacation Points system: The company offers customers a points system, and they can access different resorts by accumulating more points. These points can also be exchanged with RCI properties.

• Adventures available: Representatives from Bluegreen Corp. can help customers find and book fun adventures and excursions during the time they use their timeshare.

• Gift card perks: The company gives customers who book a Bluegreen Getaway a 75 dollar Visa Reward Card as an added perk.

• Getaway deals: Bluegreen Corp. offers customers regular deals, with two to five night getaways at properties across the country that cost only 149 dollars.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Bluegreen Corp. Company Information