1.56/5
  • 1 star
Based on 90 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover a great timeshare now

Bluegreen Corp.

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Jan. 19, 2018

453 Bluegreen Corp. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Got suckered into purchasing a timeshare that they spent 20 minutes saying "it was not a timeshare." Everything the salesperson promised was not even close to true. Nothing is without a fee that is more than just doing booking without them. Even the "free airline tickets" that was promised as a gift was not free. You have to pay $198 for fees! Tried to cancel as they said I could and found out I was 2 days too late and outside the cancel period that they never told me about. DON'T DO IT. NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY, ASSUME IT IS A MISREPRESENTATION, DISTORTION OR OUTRIGHT LIE. I only wish I had recorded their sales pitch to go after them for fraud.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I was invited to a vacation package for 5 days and a $200.00 restaurant voucher. The vacation package after reading the fine print there are fees involved all over the place and the voucher was only for $100.00 but after researching it it was only for 50% off total bill. We spent a long 7 hours and they didn’t offer anything to eat. All we got was soda and a granola bar for my son. I have mentioned that I had purchased a timeshare and that I was not happy with it, but by far last time I was treated a lot better and all that they gave us was as told. I've read a lot of horror stories about Bluegreen Vacations and we are relatively new owners (7-2016). However so far I have been pleased. We have our first real vacation booked for June of 2018 in Florida and are able to take my daughter and grandbabies with us. We would never have done that if not for Bluegreen.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I was under the impression when I purchased a 2-day Branson package for $130 with BG Vacations that in the event we were unable to use the vacation before its expiration we would be able to purchase an extension for whatever amount of time. This was not the case at all. No extension & THEY KEEP YOUR MONEY! This is a very dishonest company.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I've read a lot of horror stories about Bluegreen Vacations and we are relatively new owners (7-2016). However so far I have been pleased. We have our first real vacation booked for June of 2018 in Florida and are able to take my daughter and grandbabies with us. We would never have done that if not for Bluegreen. Although I'm not going to say we couldn't have afforded it because for what we paid for our points we could have afforded that vacation with them but we wouldn't have done it and this is for life.

We have stayed at Bluegreen Big Wilderness Club on Bonus Time and plan on utilizing that a lot. It does take some planning but I think we are going to be very pleased with this vacation club. There's more good than bad in my opinion. Our salesperson in Virginia was great and no lies were told to us. Everything we are learning we can look back and say, "Oh yeah I remember him mentioning that". I know some people have not had as good of experience as we had with the sales people but the Facebook groups and the website keep us informed. Definitely looking forward to vacation in the summer. We started out small with our points and didn't finance with them, put it on a credit card that rewards us with point to help pay maintenance fees and once we feel we can afford more points we will increase our points for more vacations.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

This company is a nightmare. Don't fill out the card at Bass Pro. Don't accept any "prizes". They will never stop with the harassing phone calls and bait and switch sales prize BS. They also gave my cell phone number to another outfit called RCI and they harass me with unwanted solicitations as well. Bluegreen is a nightmare.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Don't buy from Bluegreen vacations, they offer you destinations. They will change at own description, in my case we were discriminated from Bluegreen vacations villas at World Golf Village. Me and my wife are from Central America but US citizens, our kids Americans, the way they stare at us was disappointing. Other people gain access to register ** people but not us, the way they speak to us like if we wouldn't be able to understand and communicate, we were sent to a terrible hotel in St. Augustine, obviously was not what we were offered when we bought the vacation package. After driving 5 hours we had no option but to accept that. Please consumers DO NOT BUY from Bass Pro. I don't know why Bass Pro partnership with such a company like Bluegreen. This happened this December 23- 26, 2017.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

We agreed to a 4 day/3 night vacation package through Bass Pro Shop for $199. With the deal, you got a $100 in store gift card at purchase, plus another $25 for early booking, then another $100 card after you attend a 2 hour sales seminar. We chose St Augustine as our tour location. After a 7+ hour drive, we checked at the Bluegreen office only to be advised we were staying off grounds due to overbooking. When we pulled up at our assigned "motel", we simply both looked at each other in total disbelief. The place was a dump! So, we were scheduled for our sales presentation the following morning at 8:45 am. Now, keep in mind... we were already very disappointed about our lodging accommodations, but we decided to be fair and listen to their sales pitch. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not allow these people to convince you that buying 20,000 points (renewable each year) for $49,000 is a good deal.

Our sales rep told us his yearly maintenance fees were $1,500... are you kidding me? Then if you wanna upgrade vacation destinations, you must purchase those through a company called RCI and that's an additional fee. They throw a lot of information at you very fast, sugarcoat it, then pressure you to shell out 49 grand just like that??? We asked if we could take all the information home, review it in more detail however, they NEVER responded to our request. My advice... please read reviews before your sales presentation, ask questions (lots of em), read your contract and if they promise you something. Make sure it's written in your contract. Our course, we did not fall for this scam.

I almost busted out laughing when we went on the tour, as both units were dirty. The coach looked old, cheap and worn out, stove eyes were messed up, drapes were a hot mess, the floors were visibly soiled and the windows were filthy! The whole thing was a joke to us. They attempted to pressure us to buy, but found out real quick that wasn't gonna fly. We got our gift cards and walked out feeling relieved, but soooo sorry for the couples inside wasting their hard earned money. Also, Bluegreen Corp is NOT accredited by the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Once you commit to purchase, you are obligated to stay in one of their hotels, cutting off for yourself all of the other good options that might be closer to the actual destination you want to stay; whether it be the beach or a downtown area, etc. You are restricted and cannot stay except in the hotels they tell you they have in that city. I believe that this is a scam due to the fact that upon calling to try to make a reservation you will find it is nearly impossible. They will tell you they do not have the hotel you want available but offer you other alternatives which in essence change your whole vacation that you wanted to take. Why would you do this to yourself? It is much easier simpler and cheaper to just go online and find a hotel in the exact location that you want to stay, book it yourself and pay your resort directly.

You do not need this company to plan your vacation hotels and travel for you when what they're offering is not exactly what you need - but then to try to hard sell you other things that is not what you want. If you are considering purchasing a membership with them I highly recommend you ask questions like for them to give you an exact example of what hotels are available in every city that you think you might want to visit and what the likelihood it will be of you getting the actual hotel you want. Sometimes you cannot even find out which hotel you will be getting until close to time to travel. I can't imagine any worse way of planning travel than this, to be honest.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

My mother bought this right before she died. I could have gotten out of it if she had not charged it on a credit card. Now me, the estate, is stuck with $9,800 bill. Barclays is just as guilty for financing these scam artists. They prey on gullible, older people who don't understand the fine print and are intimidated by the scare tactics of their salespeople. Unfortunately my mom had chemo brain and was not making good decisions.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

We went to Bass Pro shop in Fort Myers, FL to look around. An associate told us to sign up to win $15,000 then sold us on a 4 day 3 night stay for $199 plus she would give us $100 gift card to Bass Pro right then. We wanted to plan a Babymoon anyway so we thought, for $99, why not? Of course, she said we had to sit through a timeshare presentation, which I thought, whatever, what's 2 hours. I asked her what kind of hotels and she said "Marriott, and Hilton 3 star and above hotels." We bought it.

I went home and went to book right away because we wanted to go in a few months to St Augustine. The hotel options were rough. 3 hotels 30 minutes away from downtown historic St Augustine. And the one other 2 options in the historic district were random and not Marriott or Hilton or nothing like them. And you can only put in a REQUEST to be in those hotels and they don't tell you which hotel you got until 21 days before you travel. After reading the reviews, I decided, I didn't want to take the chance. I called Bluegreen and told them I wanted to cancel the package. She tried to upgrade me and do lots of other stuff but I just kept saying "no thank you" and she completely understood, refunded me the $199 and just devouchered the $100 gift card bass pro gave us. She was really nice on the phone and understood where I was coming from. I got a refund email within 10 minutes of getting off the phone. I am happy with the way they handled everything.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Got the call. I remembered entering at a craft show. I typically just hang up on all telemarketers. I decided to listen. I started to research while on the phone. About the time he asked me if I was "single, married, or cohabitating." I am not sure if I could not be one of those there in a legal sense. When he was getting to the part about paying, I came across the postings here and hung up the phone. THANK YOU. Your reviews save me a lot of hassle.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I am new to Bluegreen and do not understand all the complaints about low resort availability to owners. I have not visited an actual resort yet, but soon as I got online status I signed up for multiple vacations next year and have multiple rooms booked for each vacation. I'm only booking 11 months or less out (uncorked weekend in Las Vegas is only 5 months out and I found lots of availability). I just don't understand the complaints. I have thoroughly enjoyed the website and even though I chose from what was available for booking there were many possibilities to choose from every date I searched!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

We have been called on several occasions by Bluegreen's telemarketers. We have previously purchased into a "Sampler Package" ($900) in 2014 & were able to experience a few locations with our purchase & considered it a deal & a decent experience but not worth buying completely into at the time for their "annual maintenance fees." We finally bit into their current offer & are attempting to use a 3 night stay in Myrtle Beach (off season) that we bought into for $100 & 1-2 hours of our time for another sales pitch. They have been absolutely terrible to deal with. The telemarketer that sold me should have been my first clue because she seemed very new & nervous by missing a lot of her script & giving me misinformation about how many nights I could add on (1 not 2).

I could not understand the first person I spoke with when actually trying to make a reservation (so muffled) but ultimately got out of the conversation that nothing was available for the days I was looking for (3 weeks out), even though their website stated otherwise, but he offered me several options surrounding the days & week I requested. I called back the following week (2 weeks out) & they said they were able to get us in & that they would inform me of the location once assigned. They prompted me to confirm my reservation, that had not been assigned to a location yet, as well as had me agree to their fee if I were to cancel & told me that they would contact me within 24-48 hrs to let me know where we would be staying (my mistake). I called 144 hrs later (3 days before arrival) to find that they had put us, a family of four in a standard room at a Courtyard Marriott. Nothing like the locations they promote in their spiel.

I called back to ask about an indoor pool since they are calling for it to be in the 50's & rainy & was told she would put the request in & described the Marriott she was requesting that was equivalent in price & that she personally would contact me & let me know. Nothing. I called back today, 24 hrs out of our arrival, & reached a very brash person that said my request was not approved. When asked if we would be able to use an indoor pool at one of the BlueGreen locations or another Marriott & I was answered with "No." After asking into this further she said that I could ask at check in but that it is uncommon for us to be able to use any upgrade amenities at any other locations. I feel sorry for the sales people that have to pitch to us on Friday because we are completely turned off by how they have treated us.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

We were offered to pay 150$ smth to attend the presentation to purchase a timeshare. We paid and we went. As a bonus we were suppose to receive a certificate for 5 day cruise. We paid and went to presentation. Received the certificate and that is when it began. Apparently you have to pay 400$ to go on a cruise which they advertised as a free cruise. PLUS They advertise 5 day cruise. THERE IS NOT ONE single CRUISE FOR 5 Days available leaving the state of Florida for the next 2 years. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You are a total ripoff. I am contacting the attorney office in Florida. I need a FREE cruise for 5 days as advertised. Your company reps reportedly said FREE 5 Days cruise.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

We arrived to New Orleans and expected to pay parking fees but were not prepared to pay all the taxes. Total bill minus parking was $151.83 then amount of $299 we prepaid upon booking. Someone is making money off this deal. After looking hotel goes for less than $100 a night. Didn't know any hotel or city that charges that much on taxes. It's a scam on the hotel and Bluegreen Vacations. Plus when I decided not to buy they were like night and day on being nice. All I have to say is beware. This is not right.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Okay, so apparently you have to give one star to be able to do a review. For the record, I was hoping for a negative star option but it's not possible. We were suckered into buying a Bluegreen timeshare like thousands of others. They dangled a free cruise in front of us to get us in the door. I was told that all I had to do was pick up the cruise tickets and absolutely did not have to attend a seminar/sales pitch. Yeah, we were ambushed at the door and had to sit through their sales pitch. It turns out that our "free cruise" was actually going to cost us $1200.00 after all the fees etc! What a joke! We didn't take the cruise.

So, we pay annual fees of $764.00 so we can have about 3 nights in prime season, or 5 if you go to the beach in winter. We could just use our maintenance fees and pay for a nicer place for when we actually want to go away, not when they tell us we can. Also, the types of places they own are substandard when compared to what they charge. Once you're in, it's almost impossible to get out. We've tried and it's basically "you pay" to get out. You will get no return on your timeshare when you sell and we were actually told we'd have to pay $1,500.00 to sell it! Overall, this is the biggest scam I've seen. If you're considering buying in, or you've been accosted by someone on the street from BG - steer well clear of these folks.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

The lodging we had as part of our BlueGreen vacation deal was bad. We paid extra to stay at the lodge at Shenandoah Crossing in Virginia and it would have been better for us to stay in a local hotel. Rooms were musty smelling, little and with no room refresh or breakfast amenities.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I am a Platinum Owner of a Bluegreen Timeshare. I would never recommend owning one. I have always paid the extremely high maintenance fees without complaining. I have always had trouble finding availability at resorts, but did not complain. Recently the company took 15,000 points from my account because they said I called in and manually booked reservations using future points. This was simply not true. I have always booked online and told them I do not call in to book reservations. I asked them to produce a recording of the call since they are "recorded to ensure quality service", but they do not have a copy. I would sell my Bluegreen timeshare today if it was worth anything. If I could give them zero stars I would.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

In August of 2017, I booked a vacation to Tennessee. My father got sick so I needed to cancel the trip. I called to let them know I could not go and was told the package was good until October 18. Since my situation had not changed, I called after October 18th and asked to have my money refunded. At that time I was told the vacation package was non-refundable. That was never explained to me at the time I bought the package, if it was I would never have purchased it. This is a warning to any thinking of buying a vacation package from Blue Green Vacations, make sure you ask about their cancellation policy. If they tell you the amount you are paying is non-refundable, run away from the deal, somehow, they feel the service they are doing is so valuable, they need to keep your money in the event you can't go. My advice, stay away from Blue Green Vacations.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

As with most angry "owners," I am in a huge bind. The lady in Las Vegas at the Bluegreen Resort there asked us how much we vacation. I said, locally, around 2 weeks per year. She asked how much we probably spend. I told her maybe $1000 or so annually. That would be stretching it. We got roped into buying after 4 hours of being worn down. I can only use 2 days every other year! That's the equivalent of my points. And I have to buy additional points to use the camping portion. They claimed that my points would roll right over for camping. They don't. 1 day per year equates to around $1060 after my monthly payment and my maintenance fees. These maintenance fees keep going up too. That was a shocker. She'd told me they'd be around $350 or so. The 1st year, they weren't bad... The 2nd year, they skyrocketed!

If there was ANY legal way I could get out of this contract, I'd do it. They told me non-payment would affect my credit. This was all a lie. Nothing verbally discussed during that 4-hr conversation was accurate. I bought something that is intentionally confusing to mislead customers. Once you dive and figure out all the color coded months, amounts of points to reserve, etc... It's worthless. Plus you have to book like a year ahead to get what you think you want. God forbid that your plans change... You're screwed.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

We are new owners of 20,000 points with Bluegreen. We were suckered in in Williamsburg Virginia. We were VERY clear to the many people we dealt with that the way we like to vacation is with our 3 children and grandchildren on cruises and all inclusives. We were assured that with 20,000 points we can take our family (10 all included) on all inclusive vacations and cruises. We would have to convert our points with RCI as Bluegreen does not have all inclusive vacations but we can do it. So after our 30-45 day wait before we could book anything we call a couple of all inclusive resorts in the Dominica Republic and yes for our points we can get accommodations BUT we would have to pay for airfare and $260 a day PER PERSON and $144 a day for children for the all inclusive. Well with that it would cost about $10,000 to go on this all inclusive in ADDITION to our points.

We were given a so called FREE cruise to sign up because I was crying about how much this would cost and the cruise is NOT free. You have to pay about $239 for port fees and taxes. You can only go during times they choose and not from June-August. I found that all out afterwards. The worst thing I found out is they tell you that you can GIVE This to your children when you die. Well your children don't have a choice. They have to take it and pay the maintenance fees and membership fees. It's not a choice.

They tell you that you can save your points and borrow points from the next year... Well if you save your points from one year to another they can only be used during certain times of the year. WE were lied to over and over again but didn't find out until we committed to way too much money. They tell you that you come back with them paying for your hotel for training and set us up for 3 months later and we were looking forward to training. It was ANOTHER lie. It was another meeting trying to get us to buy more points. We even asked them to show us how to book the all inclusive and they never did. There was NO training. They had 5 different people talk to us in that second meeting. The one guy has a book on his shelf that is titled "How to say it". They are awful. I can go on and on about all the lies but by now I hope I have convinced you it is not what they say it is.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Purchasing a sampler package is a waste of money. We tried for a year to book online, eventually we had to call in for help due to no inventory available. We were given false information and wasted two weeks waiting for RCI to help us because Bluegreen had nothing, only to find out RCI couldn't help us. They gave us the wrong information. We bought in May 2016 and are still yet to use the remainder of points we have. Talked with a manager who offered no help at all. Don't waste your money!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Horrible, harassing, unprofessional... They keep calling and calling for the past 4 years. About quarterly. We signed up for a 1 night stay for $99 and cancelled it and we have been harassed by them ever since. They will do nothing to stop... I have been rude, hung up, yelled at them, been polite and THEY KEEP CALLING!! I have not answered many times and they do not give up. I absolutely despise these people and their heavy handed, strong armed sales pitches. DO NOT fall for one of their "free" stays. You WILL pay dearly forever. They are like a festering, stinking wound that won't go away.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

We encountered a Bluegreen vacation sales rep at the Springfield, MO Bass Pro shop while we were coming from Branson MO. The guy there seemed very convincing about the promo vacation package, and really played on our emotions, since we had just returned from Branson and had been totally rained out and we had wanted this to be our 20th wedding anniversary getaway. So we thought it would be a cheap way for us to try again. As he was talking, my gut told me this was too good to be true, but my hubby really wanted to give me another good vacation, so I kept quiet. BIG MISTAKE!!! We bought the package to go to Savannah GA for $199, and made plans to go the second week in September. Well, when hurricane Irma was coming, that should have been our warning to back out of this crap with these scammers, but NO, at the last minute, like dummies we asked to reroute our trip to the smoky mountains. Another big mistake!!!

The hotel accommodations were at a crappy Ramada Inn, and mind you, on the 3rd floor all the way at the end of the hotel!!! I have MS and not good with stairs, but the lady insisted there was nothing else available. NOT SO!! When we looked around that night, there were at least a dozen or more rooms on the first floor VACANT, Bluegreen. Is just so cheap that they didn't want to pay for a first floor room, and the guy at Bass Pro said we would stay in either a HILTON or a MARRIOTT!! LIAR!! And also the lady said that there was an elevator at the far end of the hotel, you know I don't know why these people lie??!!! All there was is this long, creepy walkway that led up to the 3rd floor that WAS handicap accessible, but there was NO WAY a woman like me would EVER walk it because you could get mugged or raped in there!!!

Thank God my husband was with me!! And the first room they gave us was freezing cold BC the a/c was turned up to 10, so I turned the dial down, which kicked the heat on, and all this THICK SMOKE started coming out of the unit and the smoke alarm started going off!! The man sitting on the balcony came in to help me, he switched everything off, and by that time my husband had got there with our stuff. He had to call room service to tell them what was going on, and then we had to go ALL THE WAY BACK UP TO THE OFFICE TO CHANGE ROOMS hoping the next one would be better. It was adequate at best. At least the unit didn't smoke!! We got there on Tuesday, and we went to the sales presentation on Thursday. When we got there we had to fill out a form and show them our ID's and a credit card???

Then we had to fill out all this personal info again (I thought to myself they already had this info, why do they keep wanting it over and over again and what are they going to do with it???). Anyhow, we filled out the paperwork, and sat down. They were calling everyone else's name, but they never called ours!! The lady came up to us and said,"sorry, you don't meet the income criteria for our presentation. You will need to call this 800 number and speak to a rep." So my husband and I went out to the car and he phoned I guess the rep of the company, and talked to her, and she was saying that since we only made $49,000 a year, we were going to have to FAX copies of our w-2's and tax forms to their office!!! I DONT THINK SO!!

Well my husband told them what they can do with their faxing but and then asked if we would be responsible for the crappy hotel accommodations since we drove all the way down here and attempted to go their presentation. She said YES, and gave us a price of $298!!! She's out of her mind!! You can book that crappy room all day long for $51 on Priceline.com, and I'm sure they get it for cheaper than that! We will never, EVER do any business with Bluegreen again! All they want to do is SCAM YOU OUT OF YOUR MONEY!!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

This last weekend, my husband and I, along with our 15 year old daughter stayed at Mt. Olympus in Wisconsin Dells. We were "body grabbed" as our representative at Christmas Mountain called it. We initially were told it would be a 120 min presentation and could say no at anytime during and still leave with our discounted tickets. It ended up being a 190 minute presentation and we told them no that we couldn't afford the offers (6 of them), finally after feeling like we were cornered and could not escape, my husband said that he only brought home $400/week, when he actually brings in $700-800/ week.

After he said that, Jerry from Savannah, Georgia got all pissy and started ripping into my husband about long on the invitation. He ended up taking away the discounted tickets, which broke our daughter's heart. I got snippy with him and said, "If you're taking the tickets then I want my money back," and I told him that if the money was not put back on our card I would be calling and complaining. Needless to say the money did get put back in our acct. I have not one NICE thing to say about Bluegreen Vacations. They say they strive on the word of mouth reputation. Well I have read nothing but bad reviews about this company.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Back around April 2015, my then fiance and I "won" a free trip to the Fountains Bluegreen resort in Orlando, FL. We were told it would be 100% free in exchange for an hour long sales meeting about the vacation club. We agreed and went as we hadn't had a vacation in a very long time. The hour long meeting turned into 4 hours of us being pressured and coerced into purchasing. They literally would not let us leave. Every time we said no, they told us to wait and called over another manager. We had a lot of questions and concerns and of course, the sales rep knew exactly what to say to make it seem like a wonderful deal. The Bluegreen sales rep told us a lot of false information - including that maintenance fees never exceed $1000 a year and that Bluegreen would itself buy back any vacation membership in the event that we could no longer afford to pay the loans.

We spent 4 hours explaining to them that we were getting married in a few months and we could not afford the crazy down payments they asked. After being spoken to by 3 different managers, they came back with a "really amazing deal" where they lowered the down payment amount and threw in "free" product. It was our error not asking what our interest rate would be (wound up being over 16.99%), as we did not realize at the time that this would be an actual mortgage payment - this was never communicated to us. At the time it did seem too good to be true but we bought under the assumption that if anything happened, Bluegreen would buy it back and we would not be trapped and we could book a vacation "wherever we wanted" and on short notice. We also were never told about the 30-day refund window either. We bought their recommended package size and were reassured we could do so much with the points we purchased.

Not until we got home and tried to book a long weekend did we realize they did not sell us enough points to go anywhere. We were invited back I think a few months later for an "owner review" where we were again placed in another sales meeting which turned into 3 hours. We regretfully decided to purchase more points so we could at least use our membership we already were paying for. They were also at a "discounted rate" so we were getting a great deal according to the sales rep and manager. About a year ago I received a letter in the mail saying one of our mortgages was "sold" to another company. We had no knowledge, did not get a new account number, nothing. Here we are about 2 years later, only having been able to take 2 long weekends (4 days at most at a time) since purchasing and we are locked into something we cannot get out of.

I've spoken to Bluegreen on a few occasions about our hardships and conveniently each time they have "no record" of my previous complaints. Each time they only direct me to their reseller - Pinnacle Vacations. I did some research and Pinnacle only sells about 10% of the tens of thousands of listings they have. And they require you to PAY to list your vacation package online. So basically that is more money out of our pockets that we do not have. The only other options are to file Bankruptcy or go through a foreclosure. We also have not been able to utilize this package like we were promised as there are never any open rooms when we try to book. You literally have to book a year in advance and even then there is nothing available and to book in advance, your next set of maintenance fees must be prepaid. Regular maintenance fees, we were told, could be paid off over the course of the entire year.

We learned quickly that this is not true and you are only given 3 or 4 months to pay with interest added. And our last maintenance fees were over $1300. I don't know of many people who can come up with that money in a short time or have that extra laying around. I also went through all the paperwork given to us from Bluegreen and I cannot find any paperwork pertaining to our interest rates, the contract we signed, or other literature. It appears those crucial pieces of the agreement conveniently seem to be missing from our packets given to us from Bluegreen. It has been a burden no one should face and from the thousands of complaints I have seen, this company will stop at no end to get your money and lock you into a trap.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Do not fall into the scam. Nothing is free in this world. Free stays, free cruises, nothing is free in this world. Do not fall for this. All you have to do is be stuck with headaches with maintenance fees and yearly membership so you have to pay. You can use that, put it together and then paying yourself a vacation. Pay for it. Did not fall for it, it's just a scam...

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I just got a call from Blue Green Resort stating that I won a vacation on land and sea. They continue on saying that I put in a entry form at my local shopping mall. First, I put in to win a car. They said my entry is still on for the car. Now I might not be the brightest crayon but I smell something fishy when they said $298.00. To win means not to pay. I understand taxes but when you start asking me my credit card number, then we have a problem. I read a lot of your reviews and I am sorry about that. Sometime you have to think outside the box because people goes to bed thinking on how they going to get our money. I asked them to send me the info in the mail. He could not produce an answer. He told me his name was Ross ** and the newly agent who got on the phone her name was Hilda. So beware of scams.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Please avoid Bluegreen vacations. They employ a tactic that borders on extortion, intimidation and downright bullying to sell their product. It's a scare tactic to con you into making an immediate decision for fear of losing any "special" they are presenting. Sales persons will shade the truth and at times outright lie to gain a sale. These tactics remind me of the used car salesman in the red plaid suit with the big cigar. These points time shares can't be sold, traded or otherwise gotten rid of without virtually a total loss of your investment. Unfortunately, I have first hand experience!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

We have been owners for over 17 years (silver). It has been a wonderful experience for us. Anyone purchasing a timeshare should understand they are committing to a mortgage with yearly fees. The payoff is many vacations to come. We purchased with the plan to use it when we are retired. Understanding the reservation system and planning are a key part of successful ownership. We get our points in Sept. plan several trips for the upcoming year at several resorts. Maximize point usage by staying Sun-Thurs most of the time and a weekend here and there. I have traveled to about 12 of the resorts with very positive experiences. I also stay at a number of hotels thru work related travels and find service, rooms, etc. comparable or better.

Bluegreen Corp. expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Bluegreen is a company that specializes in timeshares and adventure vacations, and it was founded in 1966. The company caters to more than 175,000 owners and is headquartered in Boca Raton, FL. The company features a deeded timeshare program with timeshare locations across the United States and Caribbean.

• Conveniently located: Bluegreen Corp. features timeshare properties across the United States, which makes them easy to access for customers across America.

• Bluegreen Vacation Points system: The company offers customers a points system, and they can access different resorts by accumulating more points. These points can also be exchanged with RCI properties.

• Adventures available: Representatives from Bluegreen Corp. can help customers find and book fun adventures and excursions during the time they use their timeshare.

• Gift card perks: The company gives customers who book a Bluegreen Getaway a 75 dollar Visa Reward Card as an added perk.

• Getaway deals: Bluegreen Corp. offers customers regular deals, with two to five night getaways at properties across the country that cost only 149 dollars.

• Best for: People who want a luxury vacation property, large families, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with disposable income.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.bluegreenonline.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use