1.2/5 (59 ratings)

About Bluegreen Corp.

Bluegreen Corp. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

Original review: July 6, 2022

Very disappointed!!! I had purchased a package and had to cancel due to a serious health issue. It was 10 days before and they charged me another $125 to cancel!!! The policy states 14 days. They already got $169 I won't get back for the original purchase plus now $125!!!! I will not reschedule with this company ever. $300 for nothing!!!!

Original review: July 4, 2022

We are so disappointed with Bluegreen Vacations to say the least. They have repeatedly lied and manipulated us. We were stuck in this presentation that they claimed to be 90 minutes. We were there for over 4 hours and only offered us water ONCE. Our three children were stuck there with us too, and we felt horrible they had to sit through that with us. They were pressuring us for HOURS telling us this was the ultimate vacation package that would fit all our needs. It is not. We were also told there was a buyback program in case we wanted to sell our timeshare back. This was ANOTHER BROKEN PROMISE!!! We soon discovered they never had a buyback program like the salesman had claimed. Their sales and finance people are despicable!

Original review: July 3, 2022

My husband and I were subjected to hours of abuse by rude salespeople and then tricked into purchasing a timeshare through false advertising. We were offered a free stay at Bluegreen Vacations in San Antonio, Texas by a man who was pestering us for several minutes offering various traveling promotions. He claimed if we stayed in this resort, we would have to attend a resort presentation. We attended this meeting which had lasted nearly FOUR HOURS.

We refused their offers and asked if we can leave. They claimed if we had left, we would not have access to these deals ever again and they threatened that we would be financially responsible for our “free” stay. We ended up giving in because they claimed they were family friendly. How can they be family friendly when we are finding it nearly impossible for them to accommodate our family? In fact, we haven’t been able to find ANY availability that would fit our needs. We have had enough with Bluegreen Vacations.

Original review: July 3, 2022

Scam, scam, scam!!! While shopping at Cabelas, we were approached by a representative from Bluegreen Vacations with a deal for a “timeshare preview package.” We were offered a $250 4-day/3-night vacation in Pigeon Forge, TN with standard hotel room accommodations at County Cascades for 4 people, which also included a $50 Cabelas gift card and $200 entertainment gift card to be used at our vacation destination, as long as we attended a 2-hour timeshare presentation.

We explained that we have a family of 5 (which includes 3 teenagers), but were assured that we could upgrade to larger accommodations, so we bought the package and I called Bluegreen the next day and upgraded us to a 2 bedroom deluxe cabin at Eagles Ridge Resort, which cost an additional $860. On the day of our arrival, we were about 2 hours away from the check-in location, but 4 hours early, so I called Bluegreen to ask if we could check in early. They provided me with a phone number to what I assumed would be Eagles Ridge, but was shocked when it turned out to be Country Cascades.

As it turned out, the Bluegreen representative who “booked” my vacation waited almost a week before submitting my request and there was “no availability” at Eagles Ridge by that point, so they took it upon themselves to downgrade us to Country Cascades in a standard hotel room with 2 double beds and a sleeper sofa without ever contacting me to ask if that would be okay, which it most certainly was NOT. We were livid and I demanded to know what made them think it was acceptable to change our reservation without my approval, especially considering we had paid over $800 to upgrade and needed the extra room that the cabin provided. Instead, they expected us to be okay with being crammed into a tiny hotel room like sardines in a can for a week, while still KEEPING the extra money we had paid! They tried giving me every excuse in the book, but I was not having it.

I demanded a full refund, including the original $250 that we had paid, which they eventually agreed to. I called Eagles Ridge directly and was surprised to find out that they had an even nicer, bigger cabin available, so I booked it immediately for $740, which was $370 CHEAPER than what we would have paid through Bluegreen Vacations, AND we didn’t need to sit through a pressure filled timeshare sales presentation (which I’ve read plenty of horror stories about since getting home).

Thankfully our vacation wasn’t ruined, but it would have been if Bluegreen Vacations had gotten away with their bait and switch scam. Do yourselves a favor and stay FAR AWAY from the Bluegreen Vacation representatives at Cabelas (or Bass Pro Shops, depending on where you live). They should be ashamed of themselves for partnering with such a shady company. Side note, Eagles Ridge is only a “contracted partner resort” with Bluegreen Vacations, they are not owned by them, and Bluegreen only reserves a handful of cabins with them, so I don’t consider this any fault of Eagles Ridge. They were an excellent resort and worked hard to salvage our vacation for us. We would definitely stay there again, we’d just book directly through them.

Original review: June 25, 2022

The sales tactics from Bluegreen are aggressive and they couldn’t care less about how many lies they tell. The sales rep gave us a false sense of urgency by making us think we were getting a once in a lifetime deal that no one else received, making us feel that “no” was out of the question. We unfortunately signed the contract with his trap of a timeshare. We were told there was some sort of buyback program if things don’t work out. This was a lie. Their buy back program consists of selling the membership but not the points, meaning we would still have to pay. Maintenance fees was another issue we ran into. We were told our maintenance fees would not increase, but they did.

If the contract was read to us correctly, we would not be in this situation. The signing process was fast and hard to understand. The lady read over each page super-fast and only highlighted the main points from each page not going over any details. Do they expect us to know how to navigate and read their lengthy and confusing contract? It is their job to go over everything and disclose the correct information to the client. Instead, they fed us lie after lie and we are now stuck paying for as timeshare that provides no value or benefit.

Original review: June 25, 2022

The worst experience at Harbour Lights Resort Myrtle Beach SC ever.. I can promise you we will not return to this location again. Room was not ready at 4pm. Still they're blaming covid on everything. Their customer service was absolutely awful. Not having enough staff in house cleaning is not the customer's problem. We spent a lot of money on our timeshare. As a gold member everything that happened on our trip to harbor lights was unacceptable. I wouldn't suggest anyone staying at that resort until they get more organized and have people friendly staff. Such an awful experience for my family. I bragged to my kids how awesome harbor lights was. What an embarrassment. Never again.

Original review: June 24, 2022

Bluegreen and their employees manipulated, lied, and coaxed us into purchasing a timeshare that we never wanted and don’t use. If you see their representatives at Bass Pro Shops, avoid eye contact and DON’T say a word, or they will follow you around, offering you free vacations, and Bass Pro gift cards to attend a “no obligation” timeshare presentation. Unfortunately, we learned the hard way and gave them our contact info. After their persistent calls, we attended a presentation in Myrtle Beach with our children. The kids were taken to a “Kid’s Club” and kept separated from us for several hours. Our daughters were upset and bored waiting all day.

However, they told us if we didn’t attend the sales presentation, we would have to pay for the entire trip at full price, so we felt that we had no choice but to stay the entire 5 hours! We laughed at all their ridiculous overpriced offers, so they keep lowering the price and insisting we make a purchase. We finally chose a starter package just so we could leave. BIG MISTAKE! They never mentioned you did NOT have to be a member of the resort to book rooms, that our points were not enough to stay off season, or that our kids would be responsible for payments after we were gone. And the fees increase every year! Bluegreen has done NOTHING but lie and pressure us to upgrade again and again. After 5 long years, we have spent thousands and only used the timeshare twice. Take our advice… just say no!!

Original review: June 20, 2022

Went to Bass Pro and they offered me a 3 night stay at a hotel and a $125 gift card for a 2 hour presentation. I didn’t even know where I was staying until A few days before our stay. We didn’t even got to see their resort which is suspicious. Maybe because they didn’t want us to talk to current members or maybe there are no space in their resorts for potential buyer. The day of the presentation they kept us for 4 hours trying to sell me the timeshare which we politely declined. The salesman couldn’t answer any questions and is not an owner. Strange?

If this is so great why they don’t own a timeshare. If this company is that good why don’t they let you try their products first and experience ownership before you buy. If you have 40k plus 1k to pay yearly fees , have additional money to buy extra points, Are flexible with your travel dates and don’t mind not getting the place you want. This could be good for you. I believe products sell by themselves especially a company that has been around for 59 years and has 210,000 members. It saddens me seeing 1 star reviews. As an owner I would definitely do something about this. I would like to see 5 or 3 stars reviews from long term owners.

Original review: June 17, 2022

Booked a stay and spoke with a Celine requesting a unit in Bldg 1 as my wife is disabled and limited to where she can go. Upon arrival I was offered a Timeshare reservation I gracefully declined. I was put in Bldg 2, no view and no way of getting wife to pool areas without wheelchair. They lied and ruined what should have been a wonderful stay, turned into exile for my wife who is a cancer patient and quite dismayed at memories missed with grandkids.. Stranger Danger on this place. All they want is your money, the deceit is free.

Original review: June 8, 2022

While shopping at Bass Pro Shop I was approached by a Bluegreen Vacations salesperson offering a 3-day/2-night stay at Big Cedar Lodge in Ridgedale, Missouri. That right there turned out to be the worst decision of my life. If only I would have known that talking to the salespeople that day was going to turn into my worst nightmare, I would have minded my own business and kept walking. When we agreed to this inexpensive vacation, we were told we had to attend a 90-minute timeshare presentation. 90-minutes of our time for this sweet deal…sign us up!

When the time came for our vacation, we attended the meeting, and we were expecting something fast and calm with no pressure. However, that wasn’t the case - those shady salespeople immediately pressured us into purchasing a timeshare. They went on and on about how great it is to own a timeshare and fed us lie after lie! They know what to say and what not to disclose. The only people they cared about at that presentation was themselves, they worked hard to hustle us out of our money and throwing us aside once we signed the contract. We were lured and tricked into purchasing a timeshare with Bluegreen Vacations, remember that name and don’t ever forget it or you’ll be sorry!

Original review: June 5, 2022

Bluegreen has caused me so much strife that I hate the fact that I cannot give them zero stars. I have never dealt with a more dishonest and deceptive company before! All they have done is rob my family and I of over $12,000 for NOTHING. I have tried a minimum of 2 dozen times to get a reservation and have only been able to take a single vacation. That’s definitely not worth $12,000!

What’s worse is that what I got was nothing like the salespeople described. When I was told my twin daughters would inherit the timeshare, I never imagined it came with the huge financial weight as well. Then there was the “Choice Privileges” account, which was SUPPOSED TO open up a ton of new vacation possibilities. Spoiler alert: it didn’t. Just as before, I can never get a reservation. Do not waste your time or money on this timeshare company. And please, for your own benefit, do not fall for ANYTHING they say. It’s ALL lies!

Original review: June 4, 2022

We agreed to the Bluegreen promotional before the pandemic. Of course, we could not go during that period. Then I developed a painful back issue and my mother now has serious health issues. We cannot leave her for an extended period. Then we started getting threatening emails giving us a deadline to make a reservation. I asked, due to these unforeseen circumstances, if I could get a refund of the deposit. The person on the phone refused to listen. I told them to keep the money and assured them I would warn others of their pressure campaign and heartless business practices.

Original review: May 20, 2022

We were approached in Cabela's about a cheap vacation. The only catch was that we had to sit through a two hour timeshare presentation on one of the days. We chose Orlando and arrived at 8:40 for a 9:00am presentation. I wanted to get it out of the way early and go have lunch because I'm diabetic. We were still there almost six hours later. We said no multiple times. They wouldn't take no for an answer. We finally agreed to buy a 2 year package for $2995.00 but they kept coming back with more paperwork for $30,000 or $16,000 or $13,000. We kept saying no. They wouldn't let us leave.

We finally agreed to the $13,000 plan and gave them a credit card so we could leave. I am diabetic and my blood sugar was dropping fast. I had turned white and was clammy all over. We informed them of this. They STILL kept coming back trying to make us buy the $30,000 plan instead. Some woman finally came up and tried to book us for a learning presentation and then demanded we pay her $49.00 for a tutorial booking fee. That was the final straw. I couldn't believe the nerve.

We demanded our card back, said we were backing out, and wanted to leave. They STILL kept coming at us until I nearly collapsed from my blood sugar. I had to go outside to vomit due to that issue and they FINALLY gave us our card and let us leave. Do not fall for this. It will NOT be two hours. They won't let you say no. They won't let you leave. They'll bring a ton of people at you to spout numbers and pull up better "plans" for you and you will be kept there until they break you down. It took my blood sugar dropping to dangerous levels for them to allow us to leave. I wound up so sick it was crazy. They tell you two hours, which would have been fine, then six hours later they're still forcing their crap on you. SIX LONG HOURS for nothing.

I've never in my life experienced anything like it. I was blown away by how they treated us. It was revolting to waste valuable time that way by telling you one thing and doing another. If they promise two hours... it should be two hours. Some people, like me, have medical issues. And to then come up and demand $49.00 more for a tutorial trip was the straw that broke the camel's back. They penny and dime you to death at this place. They kept sending some guy from Aruba out to tell us he was going to talk to his boss for a special deal for us since he liked us and liked our 'dream vacation' goals. He'd come back with one package, we'd say no, he'd rush back to his boss because he 'cared for us so much' and then come back with other offers.

No matter how often we said no... it didn't matter. Even when I explained my medical issues and showed them my Insulin and needles... they kept going and going and going. It was a nightmare. I regret going to this place at all. All they want is money and to herd you around like cattle from one place to another until they break you down by keeping you there. It was sickening.

Original review: May 8, 2022

I had signed a contract with Bluegreen Vacations in Charleston, SC for one of their timeshares on February 22nd, having been enticed by an offer by a representative through Choice Awards Hotel for a 3 night stay at a 4 star resort. I flew to Charleston and rented a car for that stay and stayed at the Hampton Inn, Patriots Point, which is a 2 star hotel. The front desk clerk told me immediately that evening, having waited for over 2 hours at the airport for my car rental, that I needed to attend the Bluegreen timeshare presentation at 9 am the next morning. It was nearly midnight when I checked in and my luggage had been lost by the airlines. I couldn't make that meeting at 9 am, and ended up driving to the airport the next day at 2 pm to retrieve my luggage arriving on another flight. I scheduled it again the following day, February 22nd, 2022.

I should have known better than to have signed a contract with Bluegreen, as it seemed shady from the start, including the behaviors of the "sales team" personnel, the presentation, which lasted a good deal longer than advertised, and the sales agent himself, who after applying for a Bluegreen credit card from Barkley's Bank, was acting quite suspiciously it seemed. However, I did sign a contract for 16,200.00 for part ownership of a timeshare, which I intended to pay in full, once I returned home. The sales agent convinced me it was a "good deal."

After contacting one of their customer service agents, who I thought acted suspiciously, and then reading several reviews of Bluegreen on this website and others, I decided to terminate the contract and followed the protocol stipulated by South Carolina and Bluegreen on February 25th, well within the 5 day contract termination period.

I sent via return receipt certified mail my letter of notice of termination for my contract on February 25th and have kept a copy of that letter, and followed up with phone calls to their customer service representatives during the following weeks. At least 2 of their representatives initially verified the contract termination letter and assured me that no mortgage payments would be charged. However, having spoke to one of their other managers, he told me they didn't have the letter and to send him copies of the return certified receipt, which I did taking photos from my cell phone to him directly via email. He also told me that I needed to send back all documents I had been given and obtained during the contract signing process, which I did and had brought them to the post office to do so.

I have been in contact with one of their customer service management representatives, Kimberly **, who has verified turn of those documents with a photo of them sent to me in an email. In an email, she verified that my contract had been terminated. However, I have been getting written letters from Bluegreen Vacations informing me that my mortgage account is delinquent and that I need to pay for past mortgage payments, which is incredible. They have notified to credit reporting agencies of delinquent credit. I have stayed in contact with Ms. ** including the letter they had sent most recently, who assured me 4 days ago that she would "look into this immediately and haven't heard back from her yet.

I sent her another email this morning asking where things stand. I had also been contacted by one of their collection department representatives on the telephone, Stacy ** who informed me to send her a copy of Ms. **'s email as verification of cancelation of my contract, which I did. I followed up and an email back to Ms. ** requesting the status of my last correspondence with her, but her email address was no longer valid, according to notification from my gmail email account.

I had also sent a letter to their "mortgage research department," which included a copy of the February 25th notice of termination letter, a copy of the return receipt verifying they had received that letter, and a copy of Ms. **'s email verifying termination of my contract, on May 4th, 4 days ago. That was after receiving their last notice. That letter stipulated I had 30 days to respond to my "delinquent mortgage account," yet this morning I was alerted to reported delinquencies to the credit reporting agencies from Bluegreen Vacations Corporation. I called their corporate office this morning and left a message about this. I had tried several times in the past to contact their corporate office in Boca Raton, but their message machine informed me that they were out of the office because of CoVid-19. I certainly would have preferred never to have been involved nor introduced to Bluegreen Vacations timeshares.

Original review: May 4, 2022

CROOKS, there’s not better word to describe Bluegreen Vacations! Their timeshare sale staff manipulated me and my husband into spending an outrageous amount of money on their worthless timeshare. They scammed us into this purchase, telling us how amazing their product is! What we’ve come to learn is that Bluegreen timeshares are inherently worthless, and are a scam used to drain customers of their hard-earned money. We fell for their sales ploy because they told us that the timeshare “would pay for itself as we would be able to rent out the property”, WHICH WAS A LIE!!

Our scheming salesperson told us we had to decide right on the spot or else the offer would never be available again. Of course, we didn’t want to miss out on all the benefits we were pitched so unfortunately, we agreed to the purchase. Once we tried to make reservations, it was a whole different story as the amount of points they sold us doesn’t equate to the spacious accommodations we were shown at the presentation.

Original review: April 27, 2022

The guy who sold us this told us we wouldn't have to sit through a presentation and guess what. Two and a half hours long. We were told we could have up to six people in separate rooms and we got one bed and pull out sofa. When I called about upgrade when I realized this not what we wanted and it said $80 for it guess what. They conveniently didn't have one. After speaking to a manager ended paying $330 for 2 beds in same room and when checking out seen someone else only had to pay $89. The room is definitely not what the presentation shows and it was a lie after another lie. Don't do it.

Original review: April 14, 2022

Although the company told us we were purchasing a vacation in one of their "resorts" following purchase, while booking our stay we were informed that we really just booked our vacation in a regular motel, they then stated when we asked why we were NOT in the resort as we were previously told that we have to purchase an ADDITIONAL package to stay at their resort! Watch out for this company, they do NOT tell you what you are really purchasing until it is too late and you cannot get your money back!

Original review: April 14, 2022

Aggressive sales tactics, unable to book what you think you are paying into ie. lack of inventory. Sales portrays expansive choices but when it comes to booking it, not the case. Plus busy "red" blocks are year long. Our experience is that any dialogue to navigate this is met with "you need to buy more points to get reservation access sooner". Big red flag-nearly impossible to resell interest -good luck reaching corporate in Boca Raton to discuss sale back to developer (Bluegreen). My husband and I were lured in to purchases (and upgrades)-it is embarrassing that we gave in to sales pressure and really have nothing to show for it. Buyer beware.

Original review: April 9, 2022

We were at Bass Pro shop and were offered “this amazing” deal to stay in Las Vegas for three nights and just listen to their presentation that was only supposed to be 60-90 minutes tops! We told them we had plans with our kids but they were so focused on pressuring us and offering us the best deal that we were there for 3 hours. The hotel was a dump and not in a good area. The furniture in our room was broken down and just meh. They swore the lot next door was going to be a lazy River and new building but whatever we don’t believe them. At one point the fire alarm went off and they were so bent on getting us to sign up that they weren’t even going to have us evacuate. I was like, "Oh heck no." I’m going to check on my kids who were in the parking lot being evacuated. Who even does that!

I’m embarrassed to say we were talked into signing up even against our better judgement BUT we got home and it was really nagging me sooo we pulled out ALL THE PAPERWORK and guess what? In the very back we found the escape clause that in BOLD red letters says they are supposed to go over with the buyer. It said we had 5 days to cancel so we did! Got our deposit back and will never do that again!

Original review: March 28, 2022

Bluegreen gives no sort of accommodations to those wanting to get out of the timeshare they have tricked me into. I have fought with them on countless occasions to have my account shut down. I want to be released from this nonsense money pit. If someone here has an idea of how this can be done please let me know.

Original review: March 27, 2022

As much as it pains me to says this, stay away from Bluegreen. It only pains me because of the amount of money I have lost to this scam they call a timeshare. In my opinion, the salespeople are sociopaths. They all seem to enjoy intimidating and lying to people. I have been unable to book trips as promised. The value the salespeople spoke of is not real (both personal value and monetary). When you voice a concern about anything, the ONLY option they have is for you to buy more points which does not help at all. I have wasted thousands for nothing in return. The worst part is that I have no choice when it comes to what happens to the timeshare when I pass. This purchase has made me miserable, but even more so knowing that my children will automatically inherit this junk!

Original review: March 21, 2022

I purchased this time share, and was very excited about it. I was told that I would be able to use my points to vacation in Hawaii this year and was quoted 5500 points for a 7 day stay. I was told that I would be able to take an African Safari next year (which was my driving factor for making this purchase) for 9500 point and that year after I could go to Australia for 6000 points. I have all of this in writing. I was also quoted trips to Mexico for 1500 points with "a small all inclusive fee". I was told that I would use these point through the partner RCI website. I was told that I had a 10 day cancelation period, in which I was never even given access to this partner site. I did call and attempt to book via phone in this period and was told that I would not be able to see availability or a point quote until I had RCI access. I trusted what I was told. I did not receive access to this website until day 15 after contract signing.

For the Bluegreen location in St. Pete Beach, I was quoted 6000 points for this for a 2 bedroom. Actually, even in the less-busy season a studio is 8000 with no view, 11000 with a view. I was also told that we would be able to use/stay at the resort in AZ "anytime". It's actually booked completely for the next 6 months. I was also informed that the sales rep at the time, Damon, was fired and "escorted out for making promises and lying" 2 weeks after he sold this to me. On day 15 I was given access to the RCI website. The Hawaii trip that I was quoted 5500 point was actually 13000. African Safari is not even an option. They do not have any resorts/campsites in safari areas. The only option would be South Africa (again, not a safari) for 10000-15000 points.

There is nothing even available in Australia, so I cannot even look at a point quote. Regarding Mexico trips, it's actually 3000-4000 plus the all-inclusive fee is the same as booking the resort on Expedia, not even using points. Now, I cannot get the cancelation department to call me back. The customer service is very nice. They keep "escalating" my case, but no one ever calls me back. I have been trying for 3 weeks.

Original review: March 4, 2022

Firstly, we really didn't appreciate the high pressure sales pitch for the timeshare buy in. They promised that it would not be high pressure. Several things they said were not true. They started out with 12 points for $36,000. My husband is a finance professor and knew that most of the things they said were dishonest. And the interest across the board was 17%. That's a red flag. They also used several text book sales tricks to bring you in by stating dishonestly how much money the buy in would save us. Never mentioning how much the cost would offset the savings.

The last straw that convinced us it was a scam was when my husband said no. Because when he said no a much better deal emerged. Then when he said no again, they offered 20 points for the same price they had given for 12 points. Also they asked us when we came in how we signed up for the presentation and we told them (each person we talked to) that we signed up at Bass Pro. So they knew that before we even sat down. I asked point blank that if they could give us the last offer for the same price then why didn't they offer that deal first. Their excuse was that at first they didn't know we signed up at bass pro. However, They knew that information upfront and the only thing that the new much better deal came after was the fact that we said no.

I do not want others with limited income to fall for this scheme and be locked in to paying such a high price with an interest rate that very much sounds like usury to me. And when we asked specific details and numbers they couldn't provide it. We got the run around. They said it was on their website but that was for members only. And we had to sign up immediately or we would not get the good deal ever again.

They don't want people to leave the high pressure sales pitch because they do not want you to have time to sort out the truth. If it were on the up and up they would show actual numbers and give people time to look at it. We Never got a straight answer. I try very hard to avoid doing business with people that I know are lying to me. Please be careful before you spend your hard earned money on this "vacation buy in". There are a lot of resources out there for discounts on travel. We know because we travel a lot and have visited 40 countries at discounted rates.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I could never recommend Bluegreen to anyone, whether that be loved ones or strangers on the Internet or even people I do not like. I wouldn't wish my experience with this company on anyone. They clearly have no qualms about taking advantage of Veterans. I was originally lured in with the promise of a two-night stay in a Las Vegas resort, free meals, and gift cards. To receive all these perks, I had to attend a sales presentation.

From the start, I was lied to. Every salesperson I dealt with was pushy and said the deals they were offering me were only good that day. Looking back, I know this was a sales ploy. They made promises that they had no intention of keeping, like renting out my timeshare for profit. They purposefully withheld financial information such as total debt after interest was calculated or the high maintenance fees. Even worse, if you are asked to attend an owner review meeting, the cycle starts all over. The Bluegreen vultures are constantly circling and trying to take your money.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

My family and I had an amazing time with Bluegreen. We got to spend time together that in the past we weren’t able to. I very highly recommend bluegreen. The service is great and they have great deals going on. The maintenance for the resort are very clean which is a big concern for families with elderly people like mine.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

We purchased our first vacation package with Bluegreen over 10 years ago and we happy with what we had. In 2019 we went to an owner update and was told nothing but lies. We were told we could save our money for our 25th wedding anniversary trip and spend it on a Bluegreen package and get the same trip much cheaper. Well it all was a lie and we filed complaints with Bluegreen and of course they did nothing to help.

In Sept of 2021 we went to St. Pete Fl for another owner update and were promised that if we got this new package and then called a bank named Suntrust they could combine both our loans for a payment about the same we are paying now. They even had a account specialist show us what our payments would be based on our credit score. Of course when we went into the meeting to sign the documents we were told not to mention the other bank. We when we got home we tried to combine both loans and the payment was twice as much as what we told. So we wrote a letter to cancel the new contract and sent it in by certified mail. Oh yeah we were told that we had to wait 10 days before calling the bank to combine both loans.

Well the certified mail was sent out of Sept 14th, which I am now being told is 3 days past when they would accept it. They have no one that holds them accountable and know how to push the limits of every little detail to get you to sign or legally bound to them. They are tricksters, liars and cheats. I have yet to get anything near honesty out of anyone from Bluegreen in the past 3 years. Run away from this company. Right now I am down $1300 down payment and monthly payments for the past 5 month on new mortgage. Not to mention the fact of the lies about the package bought in 2019 where I ended up spending over $5,000 on my anniversary trip anyway, plus all the money to Bluegreen.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

I purchased a 3 night stay at one of their "Resorts". I knew I was expected to go to a time share presentation and found out a month before the trip and after I purchased plane tickets that we were staying at a Comfort Suites 30 mins from the resort and right off of an interstate. So livid that I got scammed like this. Do not trust this company, you will be set up for a terrible vacation and they will lie to you.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

Almost 20 years ago, we had purchased a timeshare with Bluegreen. Every year, we would go to the Daytona 500 and stay in our unit. Last year, we were offered a free trip to Las Vegas to attend the NASCAR race, which would include a free room, as well as a welcome party, suite at the race, and a meet-and-greet with a driver. As huge NASCAR fans, this was a dream come true and we felt honored that Bluegreen would recognize our loyalty in this way. However, this was really just a bait-and-switch tactic that resulted in us being forced into a 5-hour high pressure sales presentation where we were forced into converting our ownership to a point-based membership that is completely unusable!

Over the course of this loan, we will be paying almost $100,000 for something that will get us nothing in return. Had the staff been truthful about this purchase or gone over any of the loan information, we would not be in this situation. I cannot believe that any company would treat any customer in this way, but especially not ones they have labelled as “valued owners”. They are unreal!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

Do yourself a favor and RUN the other way. Dealing with Bluegreen, or taking one of their “free” vacations, is not worth the frustration it will cause in the end. All the things we were told by our salesman and all the reasons we decided to purchase were nothing but lies from people that care more about making a dollar. We were told that we’d be making a “profitable investment”, but there is no money to be made by owning a timeshare. You are wasting money, more money than they tell you. We agreed to a certain price but were not informed of how much we were agreeing to after interest.

By the time I pay this off, it will be more than twice the purchase price. Now my family and I are stuck in a crippling financial situation because of Bluegreen’s deception. All of this and we can never even USE the timeshare. Good luck getting reservations. Nothing is ever available, especially if you want to book for more than a single day. When we wanted to learn how to use the timeshare, hoping it would help with reservations, we were just offered upgrades, no real help.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

So, after another bout of numerous unhappy experiences dealing with your company, we decided we are going to let you all know how this company handles things. All of our meetings with the timeshare included the promise of great get-away vacation spots. The opportunity to book months in advance. Free get-away weeks. Able to sell our weeks/points to pay maintenance fees. 90-minute meetings lasted a minimum of 2-3 hours. Multiple salespeople presenting this is something wonderful and the ability to pass it down to our children. Sale people agreed to work side by side with us to book and manage our points effectively. What we got was the Inability to book resorts 15 months in advance as promised. Told we were in the top 1% of owners and wouldn’t have any issues in book anytime anywhere.

When booking our reservations we were promised certain rooms but upon arriving at the resort this wasn’t true. Requested rooms group for family events we were not close to each other or same floor. Special requests 15 months in advance for a presidential suite in a certain building were not meet was put in a presidential suite without a working stove, outdoor grill and foldout couch. The "ability" to leave it to our kids, wasn't a choice, they were going to get that handed to them either way no matter what their choice was. We could spend less money vacationing outside of our timeshare and actually be able to book a trip at the times we wanted to go.

The exchange rate through Choice plus or RCI was almost triple the rate and was subpar, to say the least. The maintenance fees are a financial burden for anybody since they rise each year. Resort managers were extremely unsympathetic to our needs. We arrived at certain resorts, and our rooms were unclean from previous guests. When reporting an item/equipment not working properly the maintenance would say “Oh we know it doesn’t work and has never worked” but yet it was specifically requested in our reservations. Then, when reaching out to get rid of this since nothing we were promised happened, we were told there is nothing we can do. You signed a contract. You owe us money.

They offered to settle for an astronomical amount that was laughable. Mike ** from the timeshare was just trying to get any type of money he could. We have major issues with Bluegreen and how they sold us. We are constantly forced to go to presentations on our vacations and all they try to do is sell you more and more points since we "didn't have enough to vacation how we wanted." With the number of points we have, this should not be an issue. We are continuously let down by this company and continue to this day. We will keep fighting for a release in any way we can.

We wish we never came into contact with Bluegreen or their salespeople. They will pressure you until they can not anymore and ultimately you cave. Making the deal sweeter and sweeter. When they know you will not get what they are promising. We have nothing good to say about this company. Word of mouth is looked at highly in these times. We will continue to use our voice until something is done in the matter. We are not a game to be won. We are not pawns to play with. This needs to be corrected fast.

Bluegreen Corp. Company Information