1.1/5 (59 ratings)

About Bluegreen Corp.

Bluegreen Corp. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bluegreen Corp.?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

My family and I had an amazing time with Bluegreen. We got to spend time together that in the past we weren’t able to. I very highly recommend bluegreen. The service is great and they have great deals going on. The maintenance for the resort are very clean which is a big concern for families with elderly people like mine.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

We purchased our first vacation package with Bluegreen over 10 years ago and we happy with what we had. In 2019 we went to an owner update and was told nothing but lies. We were told we could save our money for our 25th wedding anniversary trip and spend it on a Bluegreen package and get the same trip much cheaper. Well it all was a lie and we filed complaints with Bluegreen and of course they did nothing to help.

In Sept of 2021 we went to St. Pete Fl for another owner update and were promised that if we got this new package and then called a bank named Suntrust they could combine both our loans for a payment about the same we are paying now. They even had a account specialist show us what our payments would be based on our credit score. Of course when we went into the meeting to sign the documents we were told not to mention the other bank. We when we got home we tried to combine both loans and the payment was twice as much as what we told. So we wrote a letter to cancel the new contract and sent it in by certified mail. Oh yeah we were told that we had to wait 10 days before calling the bank to combine both loans.

Well the certified mail was sent out of Sept 14th, which I am now being told is 3 days past when they would accept it. They have no one that holds them accountable and know how to push the limits of every little detail to get you to sign or legally bound to them. They are tricksters, liars and cheats. I have yet to get anything near honesty out of anyone from Bluegreen in the past 3 years. Run away from this company. Right now I am down $1300 down payment and monthly payments for the past 5 month on new mortgage. Not to mention the fact of the lies about the package bought in 2019 where I ended up spending over $5,000 on my anniversary trip anyway, plus all the money to Bluegreen.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

I purchased a 3 night stay at one of their "Resorts". I knew I was expected to go to a time share presentation and found out a month before the trip and after I purchased plane tickets that we were staying at a Comfort Suites 30 mins from the resort and right off of an interstate. So livid that I got scammed like this. Do not trust this company, you will be set up for a terrible vacation and they will lie to you.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

Almost 20 years ago, we had purchased a timeshare with Bluegreen. Every year, we would go to the Daytona 500 and stay in our unit. Last year, we were offered a free trip to Las Vegas to attend the NASCAR race, which would include a free room, as well as a welcome party, suite at the race, and a meet-and-greet with a driver. As huge NASCAR fans, this was a dream come true and we felt honored that Bluegreen would recognize our loyalty in this way. However, this was really just a bait-and-switch tactic that resulted in us being forced into a 5-hour high pressure sales presentation where we were forced into converting our ownership to a point-based membership that is completely unusable!

Over the course of this loan, we will be paying almost $100,000 for something that will get us nothing in return. Had the staff been truthful about this purchase or gone over any of the loan information, we would not be in this situation. I cannot believe that any company would treat any customer in this way, but especially not ones they have labelled as “valued owners”. They are unreal!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

Do yourself a favor and RUN the other way. Dealing with Bluegreen, or taking one of their “free” vacations, is not worth the frustration it will cause in the end. All the things we were told by our salesman and all the reasons we decided to purchase were nothing but lies from people that care more about making a dollar. We were told that we’d be making a “profitable investment”, but there is no money to be made by owning a timeshare. You are wasting money, more money than they tell you. We agreed to a certain price but were not informed of how much we were agreeing to after interest.

By the time I pay this off, it will be more than twice the purchase price. Now my family and I are stuck in a crippling financial situation because of Bluegreen’s deception. All of this and we can never even USE the timeshare. Good luck getting reservations. Nothing is ever available, especially if you want to book for more than a single day. When we wanted to learn how to use the timeshare, hoping it would help with reservations, we were just offered upgrades, no real help.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

So, after another bout of numerous unhappy experiences dealing with your company, we decided we are going to let you all know how this company handles things. All of our meetings with the timeshare included the promise of great get-away vacation spots. The opportunity to book months in advance. Free get-away weeks. Able to sell our weeks/points to pay maintenance fees. 90-minute meetings lasted a minimum of 2-3 hours. Multiple salespeople presenting this is something wonderful and the ability to pass it down to our children. Sale people agreed to work side by side with us to book and manage our points effectively. What we got was the Inability to book resorts 15 months in advance as promised. Told we were in the top 1% of owners and wouldn’t have any issues in book anytime anywhere.

When booking our reservations we were promised certain rooms but upon arriving at the resort this wasn’t true. Requested rooms group for family events we were not close to each other or same floor. Special requests 15 months in advance for a presidential suite in a certain building were not meet was put in a presidential suite without a working stove, outdoor grill and foldout couch. The "ability" to leave it to our kids, wasn't a choice, they were going to get that handed to them either way no matter what their choice was. We could spend less money vacationing outside of our timeshare and actually be able to book a trip at the times we wanted to go.

The exchange rate through Choice plus or RCI was almost triple the rate and was subpar, to say the least. The maintenance fees are a financial burden for anybody since they rise each year. Resort managers were extremely unsympathetic to our needs. We arrived at certain resorts, and our rooms were unclean from previous guests. When reporting an item/equipment not working properly the maintenance would say “Oh we know it doesn’t work and has never worked” but yet it was specifically requested in our reservations. Then, when reaching out to get rid of this since nothing we were promised happened, we were told there is nothing we can do. You signed a contract. You owe us money.

They offered to settle for an astronomical amount that was laughable. Mike ** from the timeshare was just trying to get any type of money he could. We have major issues with Bluegreen and how they sold us. We are constantly forced to go to presentations on our vacations and all they try to do is sell you more and more points since we "didn't have enough to vacation how we wanted." With the number of points we have, this should not be an issue. We are continuously let down by this company and continue to this day. We will keep fighting for a release in any way we can.

We wish we never came into contact with Bluegreen or their salespeople. They will pressure you until they can not anymore and ultimately you cave. Making the deal sweeter and sweeter. When they know you will not get what they are promising. We have nothing good to say about this company. Word of mouth is looked at highly in these times. We will continue to use our voice until something is done in the matter. We are not a game to be won. We are not pawns to play with. This needs to be corrected fast.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

We got suckered in at Cabela’s. Promised a 3 night stay at a list of cities for $179. They gave us a $50 gift card to use at Cabela’s and told us that when we arrive at our selected city that we would attend a 30 min session despite the contract saying 2 hours. They told us that we would get $75 gift card for Cabela’s after we attend the presentation. We went online to “book.” We selected city and dates and clicked Book. It said that we are booked and we would receive an email once the hotel confirms our stay. We never got an option to see the hotels and where exactly were we staying. Nothing. The number to call is closed on the weekends. We had to wait until Monday to call. Horrible experience! When we reported this with the sales agent at the presentation, Austin replied “we have nothing to do with that.” Yet, they claim they are #1 in customer service awards.

The presentation is 3 hours minimum. We had said NO numerous times and thankfully were able to walk away without purchasing anything. Mallory gave the presentation to the whole crowd. She was pleasant but doesn’t allow for any questions, of course. She’s been with Bluegreen vacations for 12 years yet she hasn’t been to her dream vacations. Makes no sense right there.

The sales agent meets with you afterward and we met with Sean and he was new and kind. However, we kept saying no. That’s when Austin came over and did not answer any one of our questions. He kept talking about what he wanted to and all the deals we would be getting this one time. We asked him to listen to our concerns and he walked away.

Our resorts were not in their book or on the RCI website. We picked one to get an understanding how much if any are we saving with going through them versus our way. Austin said there was no way to show us how many points that specific hotel with specific dates would be. It was all a huge waste of time. They sell you the 20,000 points for $75,000 but because you came to the presentation that day they will knock it down to $40,000. Do not buy into this. They don’t you tell you about the additional costs every year and the meeting you need to attend where they try to coerce you to purchase more points. Do not give in.

If you meet with the sales representative afterwards, let them know you will not sit and you do not want to buy or share the reason as to why either. You listened to the presentation and would like to get the free gift cards for your time and walk out to the waiting room. They will try to talk about your family, how long you’ve been married, your vacation destinations, your dreams… Do not answer any of these questions. Let them know kindly you want to keep that confidential and leave.

Stay away from Blue Green Vacations and ANY other timeshare package. They are all the same. Yes, you will spend the money either way but at least it’s where you want to go and when you want to go. Don’t listen to their lies. They will try every which way to get you the more you talk and share about yourselves. So don’t give them anything.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

This company stay away from. They will look you in the face and tell you if you're not happy you can get out of this contract by sending a letter to the site. They have no intentions it ever getting back to them in the ten day period. We over nighted our letter. It was sign in the ten day grace period but still no answer. We have contacted severe county res of deeds, talk to Kathy, said she now is aware of the problem and she will pass it along, She also got a letter that we sent overnight so she also seen the lie they told us. She told me Tenn law says within thirty days not ten days you can get out of this contract. She also gave me attorney's name to fight this since we have a sign document within the ten days...

They know now how Bluegreen operates in their great State of Tennessee and another thing you need to stop using Dolly Parton name to sell your product. I do not think her name would want to be associated with this company if so I never watch anything of hers again.... so people stay away from these crooks. Also turned them in to the Better Business Bureau too.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

So we went through Bass Pro Shop in Kansas City. Upon arriving, we were told about our meeting the next morning and where to go. The supposed 2-hour meeting lasted twice as long. When we decided that their offer was not for us, they sent over three additional sales persons to tell us that we ‘are making a HUGE mistake’. They then proceeded to belittle us when we explained that we had priorities set to start a family. The salesman argued with me about the concept of this being ‘real estate’, rather than a time share (which it is). There was honestly a point where I hit my head against the table in frustration.

For attending the meeting, they gave us a $50 gift card and told us that we could use it towards any fees—such as room service—during our stay. When we went to check out, Bluegreen claimed that they ‘incorrectly informed us’ because they do not accept the gift card. Every situation with Bluegreen was exasperating and the weekend getaway was anything but restful. I would recommend staying at Big Cedar Lodge but would NOT recommend going through Bluegreen vacations.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I would love to give Bluegreen a ZERO-star review, unfortunately, that’s not an option. Taking them up on a 3-day vacation when we had no intention of buying a timeshare was a mistake. When we got to the resort to start our vacation, we had to attend a presentation for 2 hours, but it ended up taking much more of our day. Our saleswoman, Cheyanne, told me this was NOT a timeshare. When I had more questions, no one, including the supervisor, provided sufficient answers. The salespeople did tell me that there was a buyback program for this “investment” and that I was getting an exclusive military discount that was good for only that day. I was promised plenty of reservation availability and told that a 5-day vacation would typically cost about 2,000 points. As it turns out, it’s a minimum of 4,000.

During the contract portion, I was signed up for a credit card and not told what the interest amount would be. No one gave me time to read and understand the contract or look into the financing charges. I have since learned that only about $40 of the $220 I pay monthly is going to my debt, the rest is all interest!! Everything I was told was a fabrication to sell their “holiday homes”.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

Exactly what one would expect. Flowery, common sense presentation extolling the virtues of an idealistic Time Share Ownership. Lots of consensus building and “Yes” questions, pie in the sky…. The unicorns were flying over rainbows by the end of hour one. Obviously, No questions are ever permitted during the 1st serving of the Time Share Kool Aid. Well done. Then, a human cattle drive thru a few staged properties that looked and smelled new… Very nice.. Of course. Nothing disagreeable here…except…if these properties are so nice, WHY did Bluegreen pay for us to stay in an off site hotel, with uncomfortable beds, 30 minutes away? Were they afraid we might talk to other “Owners” the night before they tried to close us? Hmm..…

Then, the interrogation designed to address our savvy Buyer objections…where tough questions about maintenance fees, and other fees not discussed beyond the amazing & low buy in fee were effectively dodged and dismissed as minor & irrelevant. Then, the pre-requisite probing question about whether we might consider taking advantage of their “Today only” great “1st time visitor” deal. Ha! I laughed. Why the urgency? What do you have to hide? Why the rush? No answer, beyond telling us “how many people said “No” on their first visit, and regretted it for the rest of their lives. Oh, I’ll bet! :D

So, then we hit the two hour point. I’d said NO, this sale is not going to happen today…half a dozen times at that point, and then our warm up Sales Rep excused himself to retrieve their Closer. She was a battle hardened Time Share Shark who had all the right questions…and answers…to overcome ALL savvy Buyer questions…. Except for mine. She met her match in a Buyer who relished being on the receiving end of high pressure sales. And then it happened. She informed me there was no need to be “rude.” Loved it, and doubled down. I reminded her that she promised us a “two hour” sales presentation, which we agreed to listen too, and now she was 15 minutes late and on OUR time…. And by that point I’d answered her easy questions, and politely said NO at least a dozen times in the past two hours, and she promised “no pressure” sales… So really, Lady….really…WHO is being rude here? Busted.

At that point, she stopped, she presented whatever they promised on top of the free three nights at a nice Hotel in Branson,. And, she effectively turned a “No” that might have gone to a maybe or a yes after some research…into a definite NO in the last 15 minutes of her high pressure pitch. I’ve since researched Blue-Green, with my network, and found one from who had a past with them as well. According to him, they talk a big game, but fall far short of delivering anything beyond headache & heartache. It was a NO before. It was a NO during, and it is a definite NO today. They got two hours and fifteen minutes of our time, and not a dime more. Buyer Beware. There is a reason they do not want you staying on their Property before they pressure-pitch you:

They do not want to chance current “Owners” telling you what Blue Green won’t. The only thing you own here is a mortgage and endless fees & interest that compound annually, but you definitely will never OWN any property on a Blue-Green resort. Ever. If you cannot sell or transfer property, then you are NOT the “Owner.” Owning a mortgage and annual undisclosed fees is not property “Ownership,” it is Time Share Ownership. Best of luck in your search!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

We started by purchasing a promotion through Bass Pro Shop. We went to Williamsburg, Va. everything was great the resort was beautiful, everything seemed great. While there we sat through the sales presentation and wasn’t sure if we wanted to to go all in so we bought points towards a one time vacation and we were gifted a three day weekend to another presentation to make up our minds. Fast forward some time, because of COVID our three day weekend was canceled. When we called to schedule it was just gone. They no longer offer what we were told. Fast forward some more and we take our vacation we paid for to Orlando, Florida to the Fountains.

We arrive and go to our room and our room is filthy. There was tried food on the cabinets, thick dust on the vents and walls, the bathtub had hairs and soap scum, the shower had hairs, soap scum, and a broken necklace. The washer had scum on the agitator and the dryer was full of hair and lint. I called to the front desk they said they would send housekeeping, I explained the problem was bigger than that. So they moved us to another room. That was was dirty as well. Almost the exact same problems. I called to the front desk and they said that all they had. Not to mention we were promised a $100 gift card to talking to the sales people for one hour so we did. Mostly to complain about the nasty room. They apologized however nothing was done. At the end we were told we were promised the gift card by mistake so we didn’t even get that. This has been the worst hotel experience ever!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I bought 2 timeshares. Almost every time I tried to use either 1 I was told nothing was available but when I went to RCI and paid the a booking fee I was told there were vacant units. This year I was billed $297+ $373 processing fee for 9000 pts, $397 for 12000 points and another $297 for 9000 pts. for a total of 30000 pts in addition to 3 ARDA vol. fees. I can pay for a lot of hotel bills for $1604 a year. I have been trying to sell for over 10 years and NO luck. I can't even give it away.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

Scammed into buying a timeshare. Can't use cause almost all the weeks are red weeks in the package. Points are useless and unless you have a lot you are vacationing a 3rd rate hotel. They didn't even tell us it was a mortgage until we tried to get out of it.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Inherited this timeshare from my parents. Now my family is stuck with a 3k+ bill every year. (right now, the fees will go up) It is virtually unsellable. Folks I'm not sure how they can legally call this real estate. But I do believe this is a terrible investment. Please don't believe the hype they peddle. If it weren't for people and companies likes this, we wouldn't need lawyers. Do your research and I bet you will never purchase. It's really hard to explain the anxiety and stress this is causing.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

We were shopping at Bass Pro Shops when we were approached by an employee of Bluegreen offering us a stay at Big Cedar Lodge. Since visiting Missouri is something that we have always wanted to do, we agreed to a 3-day stay. However, when we arrived, we discovered that we were not actually staying at the resort as we were originally promised. Instead, we were down the street at another hotel. In hindsight, this should have been a red flag to us! The meeting was at the resort and quickly became a high-pressure sales situation where we finally chose to purchase a trade-in unit because we believed that we were purchasing a piece of real estate.

Over the next 4 years, we would attend several owner update meetings, which were really just sales presentations in disguise. Each time we were told that our problems, like being able to book a vacation, would be alleviated with more points and a higher status. At this last meeting, we were attempting to add our daughter to the contract, on the advice of your employees. Thankfully, we were unable to do so as the employees would not allow us to do so without purchasing more points. At each of these meetings, we were told that these could be resold back to Bluegreen if we wanted and that we could refinance the loan at a bank of our choosing later. UNTRUE! Yet, they conveniently never told us the true cost of ownership, the interest rate on the loans, or that we had the right to cancel within a certain time period. The employees at this company are a bunch of liars!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

While shopping at a Bass Pro Shops in TN, we were approached by a Bluegreen rep and offered a free trip to one of their resorts if we went to a sales presentation. When we arrived for our stay, we learned that we were not given access to the resort as originally promised, but that we were staying at a motel down the street. This is just where the lies began! The meeting that we needed to attend lasted MORE THAN NINE HOURS, all the while our children were sitting in a childcare that they had provided. What kind of vacation experience is that??

At one point, near the end, we asked if we could stop the process as we were having second thoughts. Their staff told us that this was not possible because the contracts had already been prepared and mostly signed. Now, we have learned that we had a 10-day cancellation period allowed by Tennessee law. These people knowingly deceived us into keeping this contract!! Do not trust anything that they say. They are all a bunch of liars. We now are saddled with this debt that we did not want and attempted to cancel within the legal time period to do so, which is a violation of our rights and Tennessee law.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

My husband and I were introduced to Bluegreen vacations through Bass Pro Shop. It seemed like a decent deal so we went for it and got a 3 night 4day stay for $250. We used it this past weekend in Vegas. The set up was nice. We had a full kitchen 2 bathrooms a master bedroom and a living room area. They also had a washer and dryer. The room was good but we knew part of the deal was to attend a presentation which should have been a few hours. It was scheduled at 2pm. We arrived early. Checked in. They assign a sales rep prior to going back with the group. She was nice and very personable. Asked us general questions about family etc..

So we go back with all of the people who attended this promo. We were all obviously aware this was a sales pitch. They had a lady explain who they are, the history of the company, how great and how many awards they recommend every year yada yada.. So this takes about an hr then we meet with the sales rep after and go straight into the details. I’m not an easy person to sell so I just listened. Ask questions. They pretty much create a vacation package for you based on points rather than days like a timeshare. It made sense until they hit us with the quote. Of course they try to sell you on the largest package which starts at $46k. I knew instantly I wasn’t interested so they kept coming back at us and lowering the price including all these great add ons and discounts. The head sales guy comes in and tries to really sell you on it.

So after about another 2hrs I’m over it. I keep telling them, No. I’m not interested. Thank you for your time," and he’s still pushing. He went from nice guys to wise guy and I can see he was taking it personal so he gets the big boss to come in and close and I stick with my gut instinct and tell him no. The other guy comes back with the original sales lady and she’s giving us a pity party about this package and the guy goes, "They said no. Get them out of here and give them their free gifts." I was starving and quite frankly annoyed with these people but after reading other people's reviews I’m so glad I did not sign up for the **.

Overall it was a place to sleep. We were rarely in our room and when we did decide to hit up the pool it was dirty and the hot tub was heavily chlorinated it was burning my eyes and I realized when I got out there was bubbles with brown gunk gathered in the corner of the hot tub. I immediately went back to my room to shower. Use your best judgment and don’t let anyone pressure you into buying. We will not return to this place.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

It was an unfortunate situation! On arriving to the resort my husband developed a fever of 99.2. We tried view the property that evening however no one was available to help us. The next morning our appointment was for 9:15AM. My husband’s fever was 102.1. We didn’t want to jeopardize him exposing anyone especially if it is COVID-19. I showed up that morning advising the situation and that my husband could FT. The company didn’t want to work with us at all. They actually asked him to still come in person. Stay away from this company! The absolute worst experience ever. They even charged me for the hotel stay and advised it was a discount rate. The resort is not at all what it looks like. So be aware before you sign with this company.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I booked this vacation to Myrtle Beach for me & my fiance birthdays. Both our Birthday are in August. I was booked to stay at River Oaks "Resort" not on my on accord but by Bluegreen Vacations. Check in the was 4PM. We arrived about 5:30PM and was told that our unit wasn't ready or cleaned yet. We asked, "How long would it be? Could we get an estimate of what time?" The guy at the front desk (who had on shades the whole time and was clearly high off his butt) told us he didn't know when it would be ready and had no idea of how long we would have to wait. We decided to go shopping to waste time. We came back about 7:30 and was told our unit was ready by the same guy.

We opened the door to the unit to find food on the tables and still in the fridge, no sheets on the beds! Towels and linens piled up on the floor, dirty bathrooms, etc. It was clear this unit had never been cleaned!!! We go back to the front desk. By this time he's gone for the day. We call the emergency maintenance to see if we can get housekeeping to clean. The emergency maintenance doesn't respond. Now it's about 9:00PM. We decided, "We're not going to get through to anyone so let's go buy cleaning supplies and clean the place ourselves." When we get back with the cleaning supplies, I realize I forgot the paper with the code to the front door inside the unit, so now we're locked out!!!

Again we commence to calling the "24hr" maintenance number. No one ever called us back. We had to spend $400 on 1 night at a hotel in the area because we couldn't get back into the unit we rented!! The next morning I spoke to the manager Jeff ** who was apologetic but that's about it, he gave no real excuse as to why his manager wouldn't reimburse us for our night at the hotel even though we showed him the receipt and multiple attempts to reach maintenance!! Overall this was a horrible experience and I would NEVER recommend this place!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

We were first approached by Bluegreen at Bass Pro Shop. They offered gift cards in exchange for going to a presentation. If we had known it would have been FOUR hours of being lied to and manipulated, we would have never gone. They made booking vacations seem effortless, gave us a great “one time deal” before prices increased, and went on about the VALUE of owning a timeshare. When we went over the numbers, we found a package that seemed manageable for our budget. Unfortunately, now we are stuck because they never disclosed the maintenance fee cost, interest, or any other associated fees.

We THOUGHT we’d be paying $14k over a 10-year period. Not dealing with a complete financial burden. Then after learning about how much we were really paying (ALMOST DOUBLE), and had difficulties making reservations, we found that we can book the same properties online for MUCH cheaper. This company has been the worst. How can such a large company get away with lying and pressuring people like they do. Our suggestion is to stay away from Bluegreen, and maybe even Bass Pro Shop since they are in bed together.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

My husband and I were shopping at Bass Pro Shops when we were approached by a Bluegreen representative and offered a trip to Branson. The resort had a ton of amenities that our children would love, so we agreed to go and attend the “short” sales presentation. This presentation involved the sales staff showing us pictures of different packages that could be available to us. When my husband told the staff that we would review the information and call back in the morning, the meeting went from being pleasant and friendly, to very intimidating. The sales staff started telling us that this was not an option and that we would be absolutely crazy not to purchase immediately. After several hours of this type of psychological intimidation, with our kids stuck in the hotel room waiting for us, we felt like we had to give in and buy!

We had been told that the resorts were private and for owners use only, that we were making a real estate investment that our children would inherit and reap the benefits, and that the maintenance fees would remain relatively consistent. NONE OF THIS IS TRUE! We have since learned that the resorts are EASIER to book as non-owners (and cheaper), the maintenance fees increase exponentially every year, and THE ONLY TIME we manage to book is when they want us to attend another presentation and spend more money! We’ve already spent thousands and have nothing to show for in return…this is a total scam!!!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

I’ve been an owner for over four years. It’s been a money pit. I started out with the sampler then bought into it a year later. I wanted to travel safely with my family and I liked comfort and space when traveling. We stay in decent to nice rooms that are spacious with a washer, dryer, and full kitchen. The downfall is you are able to rent these places on Airbnb, etc. I didn’t know that until after I bought into it. Not to mention this has costed me $14,000 plus 16.9% interest. Two weeks I went on vacation w/ my family and was told the $14k worth of points I bought is now useless. I’m not able to use my points anymore. I have no idea what that means and how I paid so much money plus $860.00 per year for club dues and maintenance fees.

I was told everything under the sun to buy. I’ve paid an additional $400 to $500 plus for the rooms by using bonus points because my $14k in points I purchased will get me 2 days in 2 years not 2 wks vacation every year like they promised. I can go on and on about the things I was promised and never received. They change the rules to suit the company never the consumer. I should’ve ran when I saw the initial contract, there were about 1000 pages, loopholes, and clauses to cover their **! Buyer beware! It’s a scam!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I was transferred to Bluegreen after confirming my reservation with a Choice Hotel. They were not upfront about the promo being a timeshare, but I figured that out after listening to the pitch. Every time I said no, the sales guy found a way to increase the benefit and also decrease the price (by throwing in a gift card you receive on arrival). He was really personable, hard to say no to. My husband dreads these promos and refuses to attend such sales presentations, but somehow I was talked into putting $199 on my card, knowing that I had 30 days to back out. Since then, we have been recruited to accept a foreign exchange student last minute. Also, given the latest refugee crisis, we want to spend more money donating rather than on travel.

Last night I planned on calling (within the 30 day window) to cancel and request a refund. I was discouraged to read the fine print and discover that the only way to get a refund is to request it in writing, which "must be received" within 30 days (tomorrow, in my case). Also, after reading so many poor reviews on this site, there is NO WAY I want to even think of showing up for a sales presentation, or waste money on flights to go to any "resort" only to be put up in a Choice Hotel. All that said, getting a refund was easy by phone. Contrary to the fine print in the terms of my confirmation (and on the Bluegreen website), no written request is necessary.

I was going to just count it my loss, until I read a recent review (August 3rd) by a woman mentioning she got a refund by calling the reservation line. So I called a few minutes ago, and within moments was approved for a refund back to my credit card within 5 business days. Really great rep, no questions asked. The cancellation policy in the terms is deceptive, claiming a letter must be mailed to Orlando and received within the 30 day window. Equally deceptive is the fact that this is never mentioned in the phone sales pitch. The good news is, apparently they don't hold people to the fine print. Just call!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

I want to start by saying that all this is a big scam, at the time of the sale of the supposed vacation package they do not inform you absolutely anything. They did not tell us that the participants have to speak English to be able to stay and upon arrival they treated us horribly and did not let us stay because my partner does not speak English. When I asked to speak to someone who can help us, it was a problem and nobody helped us. They are racists and they sell you a fake propaganda.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

DO NOT EVER PURCHASE A TIMESHARE WITH THIS COMPANY! I am about to describe probably one of the lesser of headaches situation but I am DONE with this company and CONTEMPLATING ruining my credit just to get rid of them!! They are liars!! They take so much money from you and hide how much you’re actually going to be paying!! They steal your money and do nothing about it!!! I paid $500 in March to do a title transfer. An email was sent to complete the transfer however, there was nothing in the body of the email to complete. Even tried pulling it up on my phone and computer and could not access. Called multiple times in April and Into May to have it re-sent, I was told multiple times it would take 7 business days to have the email sent again but IT NEVER WAS. I’ve even reached out to this company via email and never got anything back.

In July, at an ownership follow up presentation, we asked the sales rep if at this point, it was possible to use the money we had paid for the transfer to put towards our mortgage or maintenance fees since THEY WERE NOT GIVING ME WHAT I PAID FOR. The sales rep spoke with a manager and came back and said it could be done but we had to call owner services/mortgage. Both my fiancé and I have called MULTIPLE TIMES starting the week after we were told this could be done.

I was told by a CSR the first time that this could be done and I would be getting the email to complete what I now wanted to do with the money, that day and nothing! So I called back the next day and talked to a different CSR who told me there were no notes left by the rep I spoke to the day before and from their knowledge, what I wanted to do, couldn’t be done. So I proceeded to speak with a supervisor who then told me they would open a case for it to get it taken care of on 7/23. They also said it was would take 7-14 business days to have that done.

Here we are almost a MONTH later after multiple calls from 7/23 to now, of a supervisor just last week telling my fiancé that they would take care of this and have it done in 5 days and we would hear back from her on Tuesday that just passed, to today a different supervisor telling me this absolutely cannot be done at all and I have been lied to. THE NERVE OF THESE PEOPLE!!!! I understand the $500 was non-refundable but I have been fighting with them to even send me THE RIGHT DOCUMENTS FOR WHAT I PAID TO HAVE DONE!!!! Do not listen to a thing these people say!!! The worst company I have EVER dealt with and I will do whatever it takes to make sure no one buys from them!!!!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

It's a scam! We are Bluegreen owners. Have been for 3 yrs. Paid a lot of money for our points and if you aren't a gold or platinum member it's not worth it. Maintenance fees go up every year. The resorts are just ok. Some are terrible and others you have to save your points for a couple years to have enough to go somewhere nice. House keeping is not good. Look over your room when you get there and make sure it's clean. Sometimes I think they just make the beds and that's all. Not a good investment!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

My husband and I bought the first 6000 points package almost 3 years ago, which was ok but very limited. Last year we bought another 6000 points package with the idea of having more options but we do not find anything available. We just came from another sales presentation where they were offering the silver and gold membership. They were offering everything to us if we decide to buy. The price was in the same $54K so we said no. Well, they were very rude to us and they didn't help us on anything else. They were saying they had changed their policies but it only applies if you get the elite memberships. We are now planning our vacations out of pocket since it's a lot cheaper than buying with them.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Started out at a Bass Pro Shop getting a 3 day vacation and a gift card to watch a video on timeshares. We booked a 7 day vacation at Cibola Vista Resort in Peoria, AZ. The vacation was nice. Went to the time slot for our video and ended being at a high pressure round table of sale pitches. Never saw a video. Then they had other salespeople come to the table with their pitch. Tried to sell us 20,000 points. We said we could not afford that. Oh and they had my sister and her husband come also. They came back with another option of 6,000 points.

They knew me and my sister would go in on it so they misled us and said oh 6,000 is plenty of points. We were told the website was down so we could not look at Bluegreen vacation website because we would see how many points you really needed to book a 1 bedroom for a week-Lie At the resort we were at it was 12,500 points for a 1 bedroom for a week-So we can't use the points we purchased for the timeshare. We were told we could use it right away-lie. When we came home you can't access the website as an owner until it's too late to cancel (up to 10 days in the contract). Was able to access just in 30 days after the purchase date. Everything is booked out for a year in advance.

We were given a week vacation free of a resort anywhere you want to go-Cant us it because it's booked a year out. They showed us a penthouse at Cibola and led us to believe we could book that. That was probable 30,000 points or something ridiculous. Shame on Bass Pro Shop for settling a lawsuit based on complaints from people like us (40million) in 2019 Bass Pro sued Bluegreen Vacations for misleading, high pressure sales pitches, etc. They booted them from Bass Pro Shop and once they won the lawsuit for Bluegreen vacation they allowed them to come back in the store in Bridgeport, CT to sell these misleading timeshares and take advantage of people and their hard earned money. Beware, do not give in to these high pressure Sales Pitches from liars. I will do whatever it takes to get my money back... consequences.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

When I booked a night at a hotel and joined the Choice Privilege reward program on the phone, I was transferred to the Bluegreen salesperson. He pitched this super discounted vacation that let me choose from seven destinations, and I thought it was going to be a perfect babymoon getaway before my second child will be born. The only catch was that I had to attend this 2-hours-long presentation about the Bluegreen membership, but the salesperson said it will be very a low-pressure environment. I purchased the three nights at Wisconsin Dells for $149, with the promise of $125 SIMON mall amex gift card (so I can stay for practically $24).

After I hang up, I started reading the horror stories on Consumer Affairs. People were saying that the 2-hours-long meeting turned into 5 hours and that they were coerced into purchasing the expensive membership that was practically useless. The idea of having to sit through an aggressive sales pitch for 5 hours with my toddler sounded like a nightmare that is not worth my time. Besides, when I saw the booking confirmation it had almost $60 of "taxes and fees" on top of the $145 that the salesperson failed to mention. I immediately called customer service (855-612-5203) and canceled the trip. Yes, you CAN cancel the trip after purchasing it and get a full refund as long as you have more than two weeks before your trip. Overall, I think this is a deceitful business practice that is very disrespectful of people's time. I would not recommend wasting your time on this offer.

Bluegreen Corp. Company Information