Alaska Airlines

Compare Airlines

Research top Airlines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Hi there. Just wanted to leave feedback. After a failed attempt to book on the web I decided to call Alaska Airlines Vacations. After an obscenely long hold time I was connected to Miguel. I explained I needed to book the non-stop flight from Bellingham to Hilo, Hawaii. He was perplexed and said I've never heard of that airport and I don't think we fly there. I explained to him they do, it's a new routing but it available. Needless to say I ended the call right there. Why would I have someone booking my vacation that doesn't even know where they fly? Let alone trust you to book my entire vacation package! Shame on you Alaska Airlines. I expect you to have your people trained professions if you want me to trust you with my hard earned vacations.

I have flown on every major airline and this was the WORST customer service I have ever received! My fiance and I were flying home to San Diego. We checked in at the airport and were at the gate an hour and a half early so we decided to grab dinner at the cafe just down the way that was within earshot of the intercom. When we arrived at our gate at 4:21 we were informed that Alaska has a "strict 10-minute cutoff policy" and that we had missed our flight by 1 minute. We asked when the next flight was and they said not until tomorrow afternoon!!!

We explained that we could not miss work tomorrow and needed to get on the flight and that to have us waste 24 hours of our time and money to re-book a hotel and re-rent a car over a 1 minute technicality was unreasonable and poor customer service but they did not care. I asked to speak to the manager and, at first, they said no and that I could speak to the 'supervisor' on duty. I said no and insisted that I speak to the manager, however the woman they sent down admitted she was not the manager that the manager had already left for the day (before 5 PM). She offered no remedy and simply repeated that they "have a very strict policy" - very frustrating! The bottom line is they used a (1 MIN) technicality to prevent us from boarding our flight with no consideration of the repercussions and cost it would have on us.

The facts are: We checked in at the airport - they knew we were there. They did not give us the courtesy of a final boarding call. There were still passengers on the bridge boarding the plane. Their "strict policy" is not printed anywhere on the boarding pass. Because we were 1 minute after their (unknown to us) cutoff, they cost us 24 hours of our time and over $1,000 in additional expenses and loss of income. Ironically the flight we had to catch the following day was over an hour late - horrible experience all around and the staff at the Kahului Airport should be ashamed of themselves.

While out of town I had a family emergency and had to change my flight to get home. I changed it to the exact same flight, except 2 days earlier. The charge was outrageous! My original leg home cost $110, and Alaska charged me an additional $123 plus a change fee of $175, for a total of $298. They should be more considerate re emergency situations. And of course they charge for all checked baggage. I will never fly Alaska again.

I used Alaska's Mileage Visa Card paying an annual fee. I thought it would be easy to redeem my 100k miles 9 months in advance of a trip overseas. No so! Alaska makes it very difficult to redeem and they know they are doing this. If you wish to go to Europe and find a flight, the 'free ticket' fees are more than a normal airfare one could find easier.

Example: a flight to London. Fees of $800 are not uncommon to use your miles. I found when I tried to book to Hong Kong, I found decent flight with acceptable fees but when I got to the Alaska pay page, there was an error message. When I went back to try again, the flights I wanted were gone. I called Alaska. Had a conversation suggesting this is a way for Alaska not to allow redemption of miles. I heard a laugh from the agent as they know it's true. The agent did not refute my claim.

The third way they make it difficult to redeem is to have very inconvenient wait times changing planes. Example: I booked to Hong Kong. The return is on their partner American. After a 12 hour flight to Los Angeles, instead of taking a connecting Alaska flight nonstop to Seattle (of which there are many), they made me wait 6 hours in LAX, then take an American Airlines flight to Las Vegas, wait 2 more hours then finally a flight to Seattle. That's how difficult they make it. I complained to Visa and cancelled my card. I sent a letter to Alaska about this 'planned' treatment of loyal customers but zero response. I believe this is a class action suit in the making. If you've had these experiences, please write a review.

Alaska provides most of the flights in and out of my regional airport, connecting at Seattle and sometimes Portland. I've flown Alaska almost exclusively the last few years with flights via Seattle or Portland to Phoenix, Los Angeles, Burbank, Sacramento and Orlando. Never a problem with check-ins or the flights which were all pretty close to being on time as I recall. Check in at their desk in Burbank was especially fast---both times we were literally the only people there checking in. Easy enough to print out boarding passes the night before.

With my two Alaska Airlines Visa accounts I get $100 companion fares once a year which I've always been sure to use, saving about $200/flight each time. Easy to build up miles on the frequent flyer account and I've used it to get a Pasco-Seattle-Baltimore round trip for late this year for 32,000 air miles and only $11. Oh, if you pay for the flights on an Alaska Visa card, you get one free check-in bag per person on the tickets you bought. I've had no problem booking flights with Alaska through Priceline.com, Alaskaair.com or through my travel agent (using her for the more complex stuff).

I've found it an easy airline to deal with. Last year my companion agreed to be bumped on our Seattle to Pasco flight and take a later flight. Turned out it wasn't necessary and they gave her a $100 gift certificate to use on a future flight anyway and with that the $100 companion fare we later got three tickets for the price of two to travel to Phoenix at Christmas. Seattle is Alaska Airline's main terminal and it's an easy airport to get around, is clean and contemporary as you might expect for Seattle, has convenient food services near the Alaska gates and other than rain, you rarely have to worry about being fogged in or snowed in there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alaska Airlines?

I will never recommended Alaska Airlines to my friends or family. Got to the airport in Seattle to discover our lock on suitcase had been broken and suitcase had damage. My daughter and I had to buy all new suitcase. No apologies from the airport. Didn't bother to calls us over the airport intercom to come and open up our suitcases. I only my coat and traveling pillow and my daughter didn't have much either. Their airline is a disgraces. Never again.

Alaska falsely advertises free checked bags (Free checked bag for you and up to 6 others on same reservation), however, upon booking through Alaska Airlines, on a flight that is operated by another airline that Alaska "partners" with, the consumer is then stung with the checked bags fees. The application is misleading.

My family and I boarded a flight after getting off a cruise and waiting in the airport for 5 hours. My 7 year old son got a nose bleed (common for him) as soon as we got on the plane. I asked the stewardess for tissues - she came back with them and ice for his neck. The bleeding lasted 3-4 minutes. The stewardess came back and said she needed to notify the medical team and they would have to evaluate him (seriously). I explained that I have spoken with his pediatrician about this and he is fine. A man came back - asked if this has happened before - barely set eyes on my son and walked away.

Two minutes later, the supervisor came over and said my family needed to be removed and take a flight 24 hrs later (I thought it was joke). They threatened that the plane would not leave until we got off so we did so we didn't ruin anyone else's trip. The supervisor was rude and obnoxious. He told us we were rude and treated us like children. Yes, I admit I was extremely upset. I did yell and I was not happy but I think most people would feel this way. They would not give us a reason as to why he needed to be removed only that there is more involved in a nose bleed. My son was hysterical crying because he didn't understand why we had to get off. Another person with Alaska Airlines said it was because of the spread of a possible communicable disease. First off my son has none and second healthcare says you should use universal precautions regardless.

We were told they don't have to help us do anything like rebook our flights. They were doing it because they felt bad. Right. They put us on a flight the next day sitting all over the place. My kids are 7 & 9. Seriously. Thank goodness they are excellent fliers. The supervisor was rude and has definitely let his authority go to his head. I still have no real reason for why we had to be removed. When I called the airline they said there is no problem with flying after a bloody nose. When I explained we were just removed because of it they quickly backtracked.

I am appalled and shocked at how lightly Alaska Airlines has taken their flight attendant's misbehavior with me on a recent flight. With over 20 years of frequent flying experience, I would describe my recent flight on Alaska Airlines as the worst ever. What makes it worse is that I had two little kids with me who couldn't understand why we were treated by their flight attendant so rudely. The flight attendant, whose behavior toward us was dismissive from the beginning of the flight, intentionally skipped to serve us altogether and when she moved two aisles behind us and I requested her to come back, she said, "No need to yell, I'm right here". She tried explaining how service is rendered. Really? You don't serve the aisle across and aisles behind and claim that's normal behavior. And you don't YELL at your customers. If it's a genuine mistake, you apologize and serve the passengers.

Both Alaska and the in-flight supervisor acknowledged she crossed the line, but what did they do? When I complained to the in-flight supervisor, he brought me chocolates, when I complained to Alaska Airlines they gave me a 75 dollar coupon for my next flight. Is this how you treat a customer? Is this the seriousness allocated to discrimination? I will never travel on this airline again. I appealed twice to Alaska Airlines to take stricter action, but nothing came of it. Absolutely ridiculous! Shame on Alaska Airlines.

Arrived 50 min before flight. Attendant refused check in. Low. TSA lines. I could see the plane. I could have easily made my flight with spare time. I was forced to re-book and spend the night and half the day in the airport. My job is on the line. The rudest employees ever. I complained and TSA was called. Worst experience ever. Needless to say I would never use ALASKA Air ever again.

Great airport but if you want to leave or arrive on time, avoid Alaska Airlines. Been flying the Lax to Sonoma route for months and virtually every flight out of STS has been delayed or canceled. Perfect example of a business having little competition with no incentive to provide standard customer service.

Okay so this is not as good as Delta. Sometimes uncomfortable seats, :( sometimes bad service, but never had a problem with that - did not let us bug us. Alaska Airlines is okay, the food is good. Delta's is better. Never had any problems with booking flights but we usually fly Delta anyway.

I needed to change my return flight, move it up by a week. I went on the website to try to change the return flight; the system returned an error message that my number and name were not in the system. So I called. The customer service person had no problem finding my reservation. When I asked her how much to change the flight she quoted me $350! A brand new ticket was only $280! What?! It's more expensive to use my return flight than to buy a new ticket?! I was willing to pay $100 for the change, but MORE than a new ticket?! That's just BS! People vote with your $$; do NOT use Alaska Air if you have a choice!

Just completed travel from Los Angeles to Washington DC on Alaska. Traveled coach from LAX to DCA and the trip was good. I usually travel on Virgin, and I suppose I've been spoiled by their great service, so I can only call that part of the trip "good." Flew first class back to Los Angeles, and was extremely disappointed. The two flight attendants gave short curt answers to questions, ignored me and were anything but accommodating. On one occasion I had to use the restroom and stood waiting more than 20" for access. When 10" had passed without the occupant emerging, I asked the flight attendant if anything could be wrong with the passenger. She and the other attendant were sitting in their jump seats and said, "He's just washing up."

I looked around at the first class passengers, and all were in their seats. OK. Ten more minutes and he still hadn't emerged, this time the flight attendant said, "He's still washing up. We have two bathrooms in coach, use them." I didn't pay for a first class seat to go back to coach. I've traveled coach, business, and first class. I know where the coach bathrooms are. When I looked behind me the line to the coach restroom was about ten deep. I decided to wait for that one person holding up the bathroom. One of the reasons I chose to go first class is because of my need to use the restroom without long waits, however I should have saved my money. Eventually a bleary eyed man emerged and walked back to coach, which freed up the first class bathroom.

No harsh words were spoken. No raised voices. However the flight attendants made a point to repeatedly ask if the person sitting next to me needed anything, pointedly ignoring me. They did this with several other first class passengers. Each time I needed a water glass removed, a tray taken away, or anything done, I was met with a blank stare from the flight attendants. I was extremely disappointed by my experience with Alaska Airlines, and I know I am going to miss Virgin terribly for my coast to coast trips.

We pre-checked in last night and arrived at the check-in post 25 minutes before the flight time. But the agents at the check-in would not let us check-in and caused us to change from a direct flight home to a red-eye 2 segment flight. They would close their gates 40 minutes before the scheduled departure time. At first I thought this was just the under trained employee but even their customer care manager is also very insensitive to customer's complaints and very rigid. This is the worst airline I ever flied with and will never flight with them again.

I could give them negative stars I would. I have been traveling between Portland and San Jose every other weekend for the last few months. Up until now, I have been using Southwest. No problems at SW. I just print out my boarding pass the night before then turn my suitcase over to the check in people (at no cost) and I'm on my way to security and my flight. Unfortunately SW had no flights available that fit my schedule this last weekend. So I went with Alaska.

So I printed out what was supposed to be my boarding pass and checked in with my luggage the next day. After paying for my luggage I asked the attendant if he needed to see my boarding pass and he said no. I got in line at the TSA security and waited for an hour + only to find out that my boarding pass was no good because it had "not valid for security" written on it. So I was sent back to the Alaska check in where I was chastised in a very rude manner, for not reading and understanding what was written on the statement that printed out when I hit the print boarding pass option on the website.

When I tried to explain to the girl that they have a very confusing system and the original clerk should have caught this, she became very agitated and defensive. My impression was that they were doing us a favor by allowing me to fly on their airlines. There was nothing obvious to me about this situation. She told me that because I had to pay for luggage at check in, this necessitated the need to print a valid boarding pass the time of check in. I really had no problem with this if I would have known. My problem was that they allowed me to print out a faux pass then allowed me to proceed to security thinking I'm fat, dumb and happy. The guy that took my bag originally even said that he did not need to see my boarding pass.

What am I missing here? Alaska Airlines is very incompetent and I will avoid traveling with them in the future. I'll stick with Southwest from now on if possible. As a side note, the flight I was on had at least 3 screaming children crammed into the back of the plane.

They were great. I have no complaints. I lost my wallet with ID a week before our trip. Besides a few extra bag searches and pat downs, I was able to continue. Every trip anywhere has its ups and downs. Can you imagine what they have to deal with every day? They are not the ones getting ready to go on a dream vacation. They have to stand all day and deal with idiots. The "woman" who was throwing a temper tantrum about how her poor frail husband, heaven forbid had to sit next to a fat chick. Well how do you think she felt about the situation. You have no idea why she is overweight. Maybe she was going to see her dying mother, and couldn't afford the extra seat. How about you put yourself in her shoes. Your holier than a skinny cow attitude disgusts me and I would rather sit next to a fat chick or man that had substance any day, than to be stuck next to you.

You probably wear disgusting smelling perfume, and people wished that you weren't sitting next to them. This woman is a human being, and you could have learned something insightful from her. You know karma and how she works... I would just sit first class from now on, because after those comments, you will forever have bad experiences traveling. And then to actually complain to the higher ups? Do us all a favor, just stay up in first class, where the seats are bigger so you don't have to come into contact with a fat person. I realize I am absolutely judging you in a way that you judge others, and for that I am sorry. Maybe I am assuming too much, but lady, that is just RIDICULOUS.

I recently spent endless hours trying to use my frequent flier miles to book a flight from LAX to Lima Peru. I started this project back in November, 2015 for a trip in July 2016. Given the fact that Alaska supposedly has at least three partners who fly to this destination, and that I started nine months ahead of time, I expected this task would not be too difficult.

But after fruitless countless efforts and endless hours wasted over the course of five months ("feel free to call back and check again"-- gee, thanks) to book this international flight and NOT spend two full days getting there (13 hour layovers and multiple stops were a common "benefit") I finally gave up and booked just the domestic leg of the flight direct from LAX to Atlanta on Alaska Airlines partner, American Airlines, using miles, and then bought a ticket on Delta from Atlanta to Lima. I allowed myself a two hour+ connection/layover in Atlanta in order to get from the American flight to the Delta one.

So, problem #1: Alaska advertises all the ways one can accumulate miles, and is forever rewarding more for dining in particular restaurants, etc. and ostensibly has a multitude of partners flying all over the globe, but try actually BOOKING one of these flights, getting a consistent class of service throughout it, and not spending day(s) in multiple airports, especially if you hope to fly internationally. It's a joke, and the joke is on us, the consumer.

It was, admittedly, never exactly easy to book an international flight with Alaska but in the past, if you were somewhat flexible on dates, started far enough ahead of time and weren't hoping to fly to, say, Paris in June, you could reasonably expect to be able to actually use this benefit to which you were supposedly entitled for being such a loyal customer. Well, not anymore. Their program is a shadow of its former self, and imho at this point effectively amounts to false advertising. What use are these miles if they make it so ridiculously onerous it's all but impossible to ever actually use them?

Problem #2: This morning, I received an email from Alaska telling me that American Airlines had decided, unilaterally and without explanation (though one guesses the words "profit margin" undoubtedly figure in there somewhere) to reschedule my outbound flight from 8:30 am to 10:10 am, and I now would not be getting into Atlanta until 5:43 pm as expected, and instead would have a grand total of 5 full minutes to make my connection to the Delta flight at 5:48 pm.

I immediately called Alaska and requested their help and was told there was nothing they could do beyond booking me out of another airport in Los Angeles, (not the one I'm flying home to) and adding an additional stop and more time to my flight. And, needless to say, there are no guarantees that they wouldn't change THIS schedule on me between now and July. I then checked with Delta and found I could get on a flight with them straight from LAX to Lima, but it would cost me an additional $159.00 in fare, and another $200 in change fees. Since this change was neither my idea nor my choice, AND since Alaska is partners with both Delta and American, I felt this fee was something Alaska ought to be able to get Delta to waive or American or that they should compensate me for.

They'd already wasted an utterly absurd amount of my time and cost me a ridiculous amount of aggravation, but apparently from their perspective they owe me nothing. I'm expected to shoulder the full additional expense for a change that was never my idea or my choice, take it and like it. The idea that Alaska Airlines is one of the more highly rated frequent flyer programs is ludicrous at this point, they are coasting on past performance. I've had this card with Alaska for more than 20 years, but I'm officially done with them. I've already stopped using the card to charge anything, and after I use (or perhaps just give away?) my remaining miles I'll be cutting it up and mailing it back to them.

I am writing to complain about the service I received from your check-in counter people on Wednesday, (03/23/2016) at Palm Springs International Airport. I live in Mexico, my family lives in Washington state; my sister purchased tickets for my son to travel to Washington during his spring break, she bought the tickets 2 months ago. My son is 14 but he has been flying since he was 2 and we have flown many different airlines both domestic and international and have never been subjected to what happened yesterday. My son's flight was at 6:08AM, we arrived at the ticket counter at 5:30AM, I explained to the young lady at the ticket counter that the drive to get there is 114 miles and we had crossed an international border in order to make the flight. She refused to let my son board the airplane; she also called the departure gate and the woman at the gate refused also (even though my son was checking no bags).

The refusal to allow boarding was shocking in itself because in all my years of flying I have never had this happen even if I arrive somewhat later to a ticket counter. However the manner in which the young lady at the ticket counter acted was offensive; she would not help us to possibly get on another flight (we are aware that Alaska in all probability gave away my son's seat to someone on standby and there was another flight at 10AM), she was dismissive and said she could not help and gave an 800 number to call, she also stated "well, maybe you should go to another airport", she stated this knowing full well because she works at an airport the nearest airport is 4 hours away, this young lady's customer service skills were seriously lacking; if this is the way Alaska Airlines trains their employees I expect they will be receiving many more complaints.

We were forced to reschedule my son's flight until the following week which means another 200 mile round trip for me to drive and more money my sister had to pay to change the flight, unbelievable in my opinion. I was actually in shock for the whole day because I have never been treated like this by an airline. Like I stated above I have flown many, many times and have never encountered this level of rudeness nor unwillingness to help THE CUSTOMER. One time previous I arrived at a gate with my son for a flight late, through no fault of my own, the airline had given our seats to another couple but do you know what they did when we arrived at the gate? They made the people who they had given our seats to get off the plane so we could board because we had paid for those seats but that was American Airlines and they obviously have more class and respect for their customers.

I do not expect that a reprimand will be made to this young lady however one should be. I did not get her name but she was the only woman working the ticket counter for Alaska Airlines at 5:30AM on March 23, 2016. Perhaps if her attitude is brought to her attention as unacceptable she will endeavor to improve her manner of treating customers; I will be hoping she is not at the ticket counter when I take my son back to the airport on March 31, 2016, but really if she is it will not matter too much as this is the last time either myself or my family will be flying Alaskan Airlines.

When I fly Alaska, it's mostly vacation travel to Hawaii or the East Coast. Generally with my wife, occasionally solo. Have more destinations. I would fly Alaska every time I fly if they only had more flights to more cities. But it is a superior airline with nice employees, customer-centric policies. Generally, no being able to select a good seat without paying a lot extra. Since my status on American transfers over the Alaska, I can get either the exit row or premium seating without paying for it. This makes a very big difference to me. Also their credit card offer is very generous.

Most of the US airlines are pretty much clones of one another. Only Alaska and Southwest seem to have the customer in mind. They have given up a lot of the BS and instead have good inflight meals (Alaska), clean and modern planes, and customer oriented policies. I will never fly most of the major US airlines because they are indistinguishable and are trying to squeeze the customer with every transaction. Not so with Southwest and Alaska.

Boarding is a nightmare. People should not be allowed to board earlier than their section. People in the back of the plane put their carry-on luggage in the forward overhead compartments. This should be prohibited by the flight stewards. Alaska has an excellent rewards program which we use regularly. Other than the boarding mess, the food is good and reasonably priced. I would like to have free wifi!

I'm very satisfied with Alaska. I have no complaints about them other than at Portland airport - the gates are a long way away from the main part of the terminal. I'm willing to pay a little more for good customer service. I flew on Spirit Airlines once, and the cost was good but the experience was not. I like the free snacks and beverages on board, I like the schedules, I've never had an overly long delay. Employees are helpful and nice. Overall my experience has been very good.

There are times where the miles barely get you anything. :-( Actually flying British Airways. I had not been given a seat at a layover point. I was traveling in the airport with a man who has a passport with visas and stamps from nearly all the countries in the world. He was able to get me through the long lines and then BA gave me an upgrade to business class world traveler. It was fabulous. :-)

In all fairness, when we have a bad service we should write a complaint, but we should also be honest when we receive a great service and acknowledge it. After a terrible experience with Frontier Airlines (a sucky company to say the least), I reflected on all the great service I received from Alaska Airlines week after week. Given the choice, I will NEVER fly any other airlines. Alaska has the friendliest staff on the ground and in the air. They have a great frequent flyer program. Their food service in the air is healthy, delicious and reasonably priced. They are one of the few big airlines who still have a local company charm about them (JetBlue being another great one). I am sorry for all the people who had a bad experience with Alaska Air, but mine have all been positive. I will be honest and come back here and write a complaint if that is warranted, but for now, this a glowing review!

Let's see. Where do I begin? Highest fares, highest change fees, excessive baggage charges, ridiculously high fares on fully refundable tickets, and their customer service has pretty much disappeared in the last 15 years. Since I fly to and within Alaska, I'm forced to deal with them - no other choice, unfortunately. I've walked away from many fully paid fares because it would have cost more to change them than I paid for the ticket to begin with. In more than a few of those cases, the person I was traveling with, continued on the flight and reported that AIaska Air filled my seat (overbooking is the rule with them). Of course, I didn't get any of my money back - not even the taxes and airport charges that Alaska Air adds on to their fares. Pretty sure they are only charged once per filled seat for them. That is the most bewildering part to me. How can they legally keep those funds? Would love to see a class action suit over this.

Need to sit on the aisle because seniors have more trouble crawling over others to get to the bathroom. I booked a late night flight from LA with plenty of seats available and Alaska Airlines offered me a few in the back with mostly middle seats. They wanted an extra 30 dollars for an aisle seat. Shame on you Alaska Airlines! Fuel costs are down and you are GREEDY. I've been a good customer since 1990 and I'm going to look to other airlines that offer better services for seniors. I've been using my Chase Sapphire card and their services are really impressing me. I may dump my Alaska Airlines card. Hey, on the way down less than two weeks ago I Sat in the middle next to a cranky baby and a huge, sweaty man. You are not responsible for the baby or the fat man but you need to offer me a change of seat if circumstances are not tolerable. Rating less than 1 out of 5.

I'm writing this complaint on behalf of my son and daughter-in-law. My son has been active duty military for 4 yrs. They had no issues in the past with him honoring the waived fee for military for the bags - whether they travel with him or not, they always said "thank you for serving our country". They are stationed in Fort Lewis Seattle and travel back to the Northeast 3-4x a year. His grandmother fell seriously ill and we were trying to get him home right away before she pass. We had to contact the Red Cross emergency services to get him home. I also call Delta airline and they gave us an emergency discount and no baggage fee, gave them the same information, and they went above beyond to help us get my son home. His wife had to fly in 2 days later b/c of a new job and they have a 3-yr-old daughter. She book her flight.

When my daughter-in-law check her bag in, Alaska Airline employee was very rude. She explain the situation that we had an unexpected death and show her military ID and they still refuse to take the 1 bag if she didn't pay. She was on the phone with my son crying and very upset. We all were very stressed out and upset already b/c of the situation. I can't believe how insensitive the customer service person was to her and how they treat Military family that just lost a loved one. We try to resolve this issue. My son call twice and I also made a phone call and didn't get anywhere. So I contact the Better Business Bureau and the best they would do is gave them a discount code for $25 off when they fly their airline within the yr. There is no way in hell anyone will be flying on that airline again. We refuse it. We were hoping that the BBB would fight for a Military family.

It stated on Alaska Airline website they waive fees for Military family with ID and she show them. We just got an e-mail from BBB: This matter is now closed in BBB files b/c we refuse it. Most people I talk to don't realize that when our Military family travel home for an emergency, holiday, or come home on leave, they have to pay themselves... Seattle to N.Y. cost 1 ticket on average $675... Do the math! Does anyone know of any other agency I can contact or newspaper that could help us. I know to some people why flight over $25. It's not the amount but it's the principle of it. Someone needs to make this airline accountable for the way they treat our Military family. Who does the airline really answer to when they are so unprofessional and they know they can take advantage of people. Can someone please tell who really watches over them!

This is related to Teri of Kailua-Kona, HI on Dec. 15, 2015. I too have had trouble logging to my online account. I did the same thing; changing my password several times. I discovered that if I used my card number instead of the username they were asking for, it works just fine. Don't know why you need to set the username up if you can't use it, but you CAN use the card number.

We booked 4 seats in April 8 months before our trip to Maui for a 7-day vacation. We left early and were to arrive at 1:45 pm. In August an email was sent looking like spam and I missed it. It alerted us to the fact they cancelled flight 805 and moved us to a flight at 3:30 pm landing at 10 pm. What is irritating about Alaska is they added a flight at 9 am flight 861 which is a more desirable flight and they not only didn't put us on it but didn't mention it in the email. This is something one would expect from United and I guess Alaska not.

For over 2 years I'm unable to login to my online account, unable to see my Alaska Mileage Plan # to get credit. The online site lets me change the password but still won't allow me to login. I've chatted with their online bot but that gets me nowhere real fast. When I phone, I always get a recording, never a human. Very upsetting dealing with this company.

Expert Review

Erika ArmstrongAirlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.    More about Erika→

Founded in 1932, Alaska Airlines is now the seventh-largest passenger airline in the U.S. It is a West Coast favorite with corporate headquarters in Seattle.

• Mileage plan: Rewards program members can progress through reward levels to gain access to premium services such as priority boarding, free meals and other amenities.
  • Credit card rewards: Obtaining the Alaska Airlines credit card gives users the ability to add an annual companion fare, check a free bag and earn triple rewards on Alaska purchases.
  • Bags fly free: Local travel in Alaska comes with up to three free checked bags and a free carry on.
  • Military service discounts: Active-duty military members get up to five free checked bags and relaxed weight limits.
  • First class seating: Get extra amenities and more personalized service with first-class fare from Alaska Airlines.
  • Best for Frequent fliers, business travelers, holiday travelers and vacationers visiting West Coast destinations and Alaska.

Compare Airlines