1.78/5

269 Alaska Airlines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I feel obligated to inform you of the HORRIBLE experience I have had with Alaska Airlines/Horizon Airlines. My mom was a Flight Attendant for over 30 years. I have always had great traveling experiences, beginning with when I was an infant. I have never in my life been treated so badly by anyone and have still not gotten over it! Not only were the flight attendants rude and kept a constant frown but they had the nerve to blame me rather than apologizing for any of their actions. Not only did my injured friend have to wait 45 minutes to get back to his seat, because they were serving beverages and wouldn't let him go around but, I had asked for a water to take my medication and it took almost two hours.

On my flight coming home I was hopeful it would go differently. Not only did the airlines lose my bag, they were blaming me for the occurrence. Once I got home, it was not here and the very rude package claim person obviously did not want to deal with me. I received a call the next day saying they found my luggage (sent it to Oregon for some reason?!) and it would arrive late Monday night. I left a message Monday night AS WELL as Tuesday, informing them I received a call they found my luggage and wanted to know if they would send it or if I needed to pick it up. I had to call back again today, WEDNESDAY, because not one person called me back to discuss next steps. I will never fly with Alaska Airlines again!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

This weekend I traveled from Anchorage to Detroit. Due to space issue I checked my very large service dog in baggage. Thank goodness as we had requested a bulkhead to accommodate his size but was put at the back of the plane. Checking in was a nightmare that had us at check in for 45 min. With all that time and him being noted as being a service dog I figured he would be well cared for. I had a 4 hour layover in Seattle and was told I could get him out and toilet him. Well my flight was delayed and it took me an hour to find out that due to time he was going directly to my next flight.

Got about ready to pull from the gate and I still did not hear that he was onboard safe until after the doors were closed and started to pull away. Then my real panic hit in Detroit. I was not told where to get my dog. Asked where the baggage office was and no one could tell me. I finally heard my dog barking! Found him at oversized baggage tilted sideways. No one there to make sure he was our dog! I was instead yelled at and told to lift the crate down to get him out of the way!. His door had been zip-tied for safety and I could not get him out without something to cut it. No help until someone used a key to break the tie when they came to claim their own luggage. There was no way I could lift 100 lbs of large dog crate and dog by myself!

Customer care response to everything. "Well he was baggage and nothing indicated he was a service dog..." His crate has it on all sides that he was a service dog AND there was a letter taped to his crate in huge letters he was a service dog.... on top of all this. The bolt holding his water bowl had gotten damaged on the outside of his crate and he was not given any water from 9:30 pm until 3pm the next day. Never booking Alaska Airlines again.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

The flight was delay for 2 hours from San Francisco to Dallas then when I got to my seat the flight attendant was very racist. Every time she walks close to me and gives me bad comments. I was so tired. Was watching movies and she just comes and said something bad and walks away and in the end one of those 2 woman comes and tells me, "Straight up the seat in front of you. This is your job." I asked you, "This is my job??" I haven't heard this in my life.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Two days ago, Alaska Airlines made a significant change to their policy involving travel with emotional support animals. Now only untrained dogs and cats are permitted (you know I will complain again if I end up sitting in close proximity to a cat!). I am an 80% service-disabled veteran and I have given LOTS of business to Alaska Airlines because I live in Anchorage and travel to Portland for VA medical care there. The Anchorage VA Clinic is worthless! But now, if I were to continue to fly to Portland for medical care, I will end up paying $400.00 (roundtrip) to take my trained emotional support parrots with me as I have done for nine years.

I wrote a professional letter to CEO Brad Tilden (brad/tilden@alaskaair.com) today and expected a professional response regarding this policy change. He arranged for a "loopy" woman to call me back and, when asked said I would not get any sort of correspondence in return from Alaska Airlines. There is no possible way that Alaska Airlines personnel could have treated me with less respect. This is a terrible company. Generating more revenue is the only thing this terrible airline company concerns itself with. Passenger service is unimportant to Tilden. And loyalty and respect for him goes only one way. He needs it and demands it, but refuses to offer it in return. That's the Alaska Airlines corporate culture. My advice is to choose a different airline company when you have a choice!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I was on the phone several times today as I missed a flight. My mistake, I thought it was for tomorrow. The service rep here in Phoenix was so helpful and diligent in finding a flight that would work for me as there was not much to choose from. Very satisfied customer!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alaska Airlines?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Alaska acquired Airbus 320 and 319 planes when it took over Virgin America earlier this year. These are the worst planes I have been on over at least 20 years. The cabins are beat up, non-functional seats (even in first class), low air quality, extreme noise level during the flight, inane styling with "mood lighting" (pink and purple), poor and incompetent service, no Internet, no movies, no TV, scraps of inedible food. I will never take an Alaska flight again that uses Airbus equipment acquired from Virgin America's junk heap.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I should have known from day one Alaska Airlines was going to be hell for me. I took a flight to Canda where they were very unprofessional and rude to passengers. On top of it, they lost my luggage. They gave me a voucher for $300 which did not cover what was lost nor did I want to fly with them. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and I spent an additional $295.54 to fly to Alaska but had to cancel because it's not within dates I can fly. They told me I can reschedule it and sure enough when I tried to rebook it, I was on the phone over an hour and they told me that I had nothing in their system and it was expired, I lost my $300 voucher and $295.54. I suggest staying away from them. Take a look at the BBB reviews. So many complaints and really bad business! They should not exist.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

As a lifelong Alaskan, Alaska Airlines disgusts me. Alaska Airlines has stripped all authority from the front line to make decisions that would, in fact, make sense and make loyal (lifelong) customers feel valued. As you have gotten bigger, your service has become very impersonal. You are a corporate machine milking customers for every little $50 fee that you can. It’s really disgusting. How can you explain not waiving a $50 fee so that somebody who is down in Seattle for the day for urgent medical appointments flying on full fare tickets (bought as one-way tickets on the same day) leave two hours earlier to get home to her child - no checked bags - so that you can make your little $50?

I could have just walked on a plane that is not full but instead I am waiting two more hours for the next flight. No checked bags — really no skin off of Alaska Airlines' back. When you were smaller and less driven by corporate greed you would make exceptions like that for loyal customers. For good customers. But no longer. And the front desk people just spew out your “policies”— like little Automatons. They have no authority. It is disgusting. No wonder your pilots and flight attendants are unhappy and just putting a good face on things because they know it’s the right thing to do as you negotiate to whittle down their benefits and pay. You have gotten too big for your britches. Unfortunately, many of us in Alaska don’t have any choice but to fly Alaska Airlines.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I wanted to give Alaska one more chance as I'm blessed to work and travel from Honolulu to Portland every few weeks. After last night never again. I've tried this same flight now three times, only Hawaiian from now on. Why? Old 737-800. All three times late from the gate for mechanical issues. Yesterday it was one hour late leaving. That stressed all the customers who had connections. Stinky old plane, gross!

Attitude. Flight attendants seemed more interested in hanging out at the rear of the plane. I have carpal tunnel and it's hard to open bottles. I ordered an alcoholic beverage, those small bottles. I was having a hard time opening the bottle so I asked the flight attendant to help. She tried to make a joke out of my inability to open the bottle. Fellow passengers were just stunned

Gate workers. These folks must not have met the qualifications for Hawaiian. I listened to rude exchanges as stand by folks tried to get seat status. Communication with ground crews. The plane was an hour late. The flight attendant came on and told us we had to hurry off the plane so those with other connections could make them. The plane landed but the gate was not ready! An extra 15 minutes waiting for a gate. Destroyed my luggage. To top it off they put a huge gash in my Filson bag. I looked over at the luggage assistance counter with 25 people in line! I said screw it. If you have any other choice, take it. Alaska is far below Hawaiian in every respect.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Gate employees left me as last person to help after boarding everyone else knowing I would not make my only connecting flight of day. Things got worse from there. Had the nerve to ask me "final answer, you're not getting on the plane?" Supervisor Nicole rebooked me to Delta while exhibiting anger at time spent with me. Told me she could only reschedule me to next day, but then kept changing that rule. Said could not refund me. But printed out new ticket for Delta saying she didn't do it correctly and I would have to go to Delta terminal 2 at LAX from Alaska terminal 6 to fix it then left me on my own. Aug 3rd Alaska Air says they will refund my ticket money due to horrid events of day before as I was stranded 3 hours from home and paid $74 for a shuttle to get to closest town to my home which was still an hour away.

Since then I have talked to customer care and central baggage almost every day and as of today Aug 15th, I still do not have my refund or baggage. I have had medical issues due to my medication left in my bag. My bag did end up at my original destination, but after a call to central baggage they said they would transport it from Lewiston Idaho to Seattle then FedEx it to my home on Mon Aug 6th. I trusted that. As of Fri Aug 10th I had no news and called again, no claim had been created and my bag was now in the wind. I called direct to Lewiston baggage, verified my bag was there on Aug 3rd, but as of Fri Aug 10th it was now lost.

Central baggage employee Melody called sites and no one knows where it is. First spoke with her Sat Aug 11th. 2 persons on Aug 3rd and Aug 10th never created claims! Now it's in the wind! I have paid over $400 out of pocket to get home and replace necessities due to no bag and medication replacements. Also they point responsibility for refund after the fact to American, then Delta, then Expedia after they volunteered my refund on Aug 3rd. Each time I call and speak to a so called supervisor, I get sent in a different direction while they totally defer and redirect responsibility! Have never had such POOR customer service from any company! And I am a supervisor who deals in customer service. I will always direct anyone away from Alaska Air.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I flew "business class" from Seattle to New York on Alaska Airlines. It was a "red eye" yet the seats hardly reclined at all! The service was terrible. My 86 year old diabetic mother sat next to me and asked if there was going to be food. The air steward couldn't have been more dismissive of her. When we arrived there was no wheelchair to help my mom, even though we had pre-arranged. We were so miserable, I don't think I've ever taken a worse flight. My mother said to my husband, "Don't forget to claim my body"! It was true travel torture.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I was held up for 25 minutes for waiting for a wheelchair on my last flight last July 26 (Ontario to Seattle). As a compensation for the wait, the stewardess "TOLD ME & PROMISED" (this was documented on her cellphone) 2000 miles & $250 discount on my next flight for me & my wife (she was also waiting)... This NEVER HAPPENED when I checked my mileage plan... Just want the public NOT TO BELIEVE what Alaska Air personnel says... NO WORD OF HONOR!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

One of my friends tell me to have a booking with Alaska Airlines Flights, and I do the same. Trust me. I have a wonderful experience. I was traveling from Alaska to Mexico it was my first travel trip so, I was a little worried but to my surprise, I met with an Amazing experience. All the staff members were very helpful and the foods was my cup of tea. Very delicious and tasty. So I will suggest you all have a booking with Alaska Airlines at least once for a Wonderful experience.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

We traveled from Seattle to New Jersey EWR on 07/26/2018 by Alaska 14 flight and having seat # 20D, 20E, & 20F. Upon checking I reported some unpleasant smell coming from the air vent, but the crew member said she don't feel the same. Due to that continuous bad smell for longer time I have acute headache. Other thing were quite good but the above spoiled my comfort. I would like refund for this.

Original review: July 16, 2018

We were compensated 4 times the one way fare at $787.88 per person. The airlines staff did not follow the policy as they did not ask for volunteers to give up seats before denying us boarding. We bought tickets months in advance and did online check in as soon as it opened. As the boarding passes did not have seat assignment we called Alaskan Air twice and both times we were assured not to worry and the seats will be allocated at the airport. We went 2.5 hrs in advance to the Airport and the airport staff said we will be assigned seats at the gate. Our gate was not open, so we went to the Alaskan Air counter next to it and the associate checked our boarding pass and assured us there are plenty of seats and we will be assigned seats at our gate. When an associate came to our gate we were second to join the line. The associate took our passes and said we will be assigned seats in 10 mins.

There were others behind us in line for seat assignment. Everyone got their seats but us. The flight started to board, so we went to the counter and that is when we were denied boarding. One associate asked the other whether he made announcement for volunteers and he said he did. When we said he did not as we were waiting there he said he had called one passenger at a time and asked to give up seats which never happened. The policy says the airlines cannot deny boarding until they had announced for volunteers. He said that computer chose us to bump off. The computer could not have known that we belong to the same family as our last names are different and we had different eticket numbers. Then he said we were the only ones who did not have assigned seats at check in which was not true as there were many names displayed waiting for seat assignment with ours.

Then he said they chose us because we purchased the tickets through third party. The airlines did not have a direct flight until two days later and we had to cancel our vacation. This was the only time we could take vacation based on our family's commitments and we had planned months in advance. I wrote to Alaskan Air customer care asking to compensate us for the lost paid time off at work and the money lost in cancelling last minute, hotel, cab, medical insurance. I am not asking compensation for the disappointment, the trouble and frustration we went through, the time we spent on the phone and at the airport and planning this vacation...

After several emails all I get is a reply saying that the airlines compensated enough and didn't address the employee behavior and not following policies. They haven't given written proof why we were the only ones chosen. They were short 1 seat and they decided to choose a family instead of a single passenger. I strongly feel we're discriminated as we are ** and had accent. Just tossed our passes and did nothing until we approached.

Original review: July 8, 2018

My children traveled alone and were left to exit the plane on their own. After exiting LAX parking I received a call from a distraught flight attendant demanding I return to sign the form stating she "personally" delivered my children to me. FALSE! Manager Mike came to the phone and said not to worry and to continue my way home. I suspected my signature would be forged. Sure enough, after complaining to the airline about Child endangerment, 6 weeks later I received a reply stating that, indeed, the Child release form was signed by me and I'm a liar. DON'T ALLOW YOUR CHILDREN TO TRAVEL ALONE WITH THEM.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I paid $348.20 for first class ticket from SNA to SFO, and I made this reservation only 2 hours before the flight time but no one informed me that there was a problem with air traffic at SFO so that I need to take shuttle from San Jose airport when I was booking for the ticket and I found out about this only when I went for the check in. Also half of the people on the plane didn't even know about this until the flight attendant mentioned about it just before we took off. When I arrived to San Jose airport, shuttles were not organised, two small vans came first that could only take 6-8 people each. Since there were people who needed to catch the connection flight at SFO, those people left first and I had to wait for more than an hour.

When I called the customer service and asked for compensation because I didn't get the full first class service on what I paid for, they said there will be no compensation because it wasn't their fault. Well, If you guys have informed me about this changes then I wouldn't have wasted $300 to book first class ticket. Obviously it was a disaster after getting off at San Jose airport for the shuttle. My plan is screwed, wasted my time, money and energy. You guys don't even deserve 1/5 rating and are so irresponsible. You think I paid over $300 just for the 30 minutes enjoyment on the flight and go through disaster for the rest of my journey to SFO? Unbelievable!

Original review: June 25, 2018

Alaska charges higher rates for more convenient flight times, then changes departure times to incredibly inconvenient itineraries with no explanation and no compensation! They do not have any consideration for the impact this has on their customers and passengers. To make things worse, we called customer service and spoke with a supervisor (Missy from Seattle). The first thing she did was literally profile us as Virgin America customers (we were prior to the merger) indicating that we have unreasonable needs over Alaska customers! Her attitude was horrible and unwilling to resolve the situation. She finally agreed to give us a discount code for our next trip, which is useless because we will never fly Alaska again, but never sent us the email with the discount code! I would be very wary of how Alaska runs their business and treats their customers. Worst thing that could've ever happened to Virgin was the Alaska acquisition.

Original review: June 21, 2018

We have traveled by this airline twice. Both times, we have had bad experiences. The most recent one is regarding their check-in service at SeaTac airport. We arrived there over 2 hrs before check-in. The Alaska Airlines agents were so slow and incompetent (how else to explain the work of all 3 agents at the 3 counters?) The line was moving up nearly 10 minutes per customer, and some more than 30 minutes. We repeatedly asked other AA reps to hurry/help us up as we were running out of time. Nobody helped us in any way. Finally when it was our turn, they declared that we missed the boarding. It WASN'T our fault. According to them we didn't have ETA so we couldn't get on the flight anyway. But had they processed the line in proper/decent time, we'd have had time to apply for ETA which typically takes just a few minutes. But they'd left us no time for anything.

They refused to accept their responsibility in any of this. Because of their incompetence, we lost several thousand dollars in international bookings as well as precious time, deadlines and stress to our family. Yet, without blinking an eye, they were not only NOT apologetic, but accusatory. They've not offered to recompense us for anything to any extent in any form. Let it also be on record when they say we had no ETA visa, that we asked to be rebooked to a Californian airport, they didn't do that either! All said and done, we will do our very best to avoid AA and spread the word - one would like friends and family to have better travel experiences unlike our recent one.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Flight was scheduled for 7:30. It was 10:10 and we were still sitting at the airport. Staff members were extremely rude and non courteous! Worse experience ever. Flight attendants were very apprehensive and shows no emotions at all. Very disappointed!

Original review: June 19, 2018

Last Friday (June 15), the whole family flew from San Francisco to Seattle for a big family reunion via Delta Airlines, and we never had any problems at all with our flight with Delta Airlines. But heading back home on Sunday (June 17) from Seattle to SFO via ALASKA AIR was a horrendous and stressful experience! The whole family, 7 of us, booked and paid for our airfares as far back as February. But when my brother printed out all of our 7 boarding passes on the day of our flight back home to San Francisco last Sunday, only 5 had assigned seat numbers, while my husband's & mine were left blank. At the gate, my husband & I spoke to the ground attendant/ticketing agent at the counter and questioned why our boarding passes' seat numbers were left blank. She asked us to step aside and told us she'll call our names later on.

Meanwhile, my sister had to remind the same ground attendant/ticketing agent twice about the aisle wheelchair she requested early on for our 96 year old mother with mobility problem. The aisle lift came very late; much, much later after the ground attendant announced that people in wheelchairs and families with young children can board. This ground attendant gave my sister an attitude after my sister reminded her the 2nd time about the wheelchair she requested for mom.

My husband and I watched as the ground attendant called passengers by zone to board, and saw the 5 family members boarded as each one of them waved and said, "we'll see you inside the plane." That's what we thought would happen, but we were all so wrong! Several times, in between zone-boarding, my husband and I would approach the same ground attendant to ask if she can give us our seat numbers, and all those times we were told to step aside and were told she would soon call our names.

We watched in despair and frustration as the door of Alaska Airlines flight # 1756, bound for San Francisco at 5:50 p.m. on June 17 closed, and left me, my husband, and another revenued-passenger who also got separated from his 2 family members on that flight, separated. After trying to plead many times to find us seats to a plane back to SFO that same night, the standoffish lady-attendant kept telling us that the only available flight she could put us on would be for the following day at 10:30 a.m. We said that would NOT be acceptable as my husband and I both have to be at work the following day (Monday), and that my husband has an important meeting that Monday, so it is imperative we need to fly back home that Sunday night. Also, we did NOT expect such a bad experience would happen, so we did not pack extra medicines for Monday, since we expected to be back home by Sunday night.

The attendant kept saying that was the only available flight she could get us -- 10:30 am the following morning. After much pleading and arguing over the counter, another lady (we believe she's much higher in rank) came over to the counter and started helping the ground attendant who was originally dealing with us. It was only then that we realized that the ground attendant who was helping us all that time did not have much experience, or must have been a new employee, as we overheard her tell the higher ranking staff that she was not aware that she could go into their 2nd and 3rd screens to look for available airlines.

After almost 2 hours of standing at the counter of Gate D2 in Seattle Airport, waiting for us to be re-booked for a flight back home to SFO on the same night, the higher ranking attendant finally found us seats for a 9:20 p.m. flight to Oakland airport that Sunday, and haphazardly handed my husband our boarding passes and a check for a small sum to compensate for our troubles. None of these attendants even apologized for all the grief and trouble they put us through, and both attendants had an attitude. They were abrupt and seem a bit impatient answering our questions. At one point, I felt the higher ranking lady snapped at my husband when answering his question.

Though we were found seats that same night and were given a small compensation, we would still rather have chosen NOT to get bumped off our original 5:50 p.m flight so we could be on the same flight with the rest of our family: NOT have landed on a different airport than what we originally booked for, as it was an inconvenience for a family member to pick us up at a different airport very late at night, and that airport is far away from our home: NOT get our family members who were able to board at our original 5:50 p.m. flight worried as to me and my husband being left stranded in Seattle, especially my 96 year old mother; NOT miss work the following day; and NOT put us through so much stress and tension over the whole ordeal of Alaska Airlines bad service of overbooking a flight and bumping off passengers who have booked and paid so many months in advance!

Truly, I have never encountered such a stressful flight experience until this recent flight with Alaska Airlines, I will not recommend this airline until their overbooking policy and having incompetent & rude staff service have been resolved. They have just lost 7 repeat future passengers, and maybe more, as we have been passing on word to all our relatives and friends about our bad experience with Alaska Air.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Worst experience ever in my life to check in & travelling from Seattle to DFW on Alaska Airline. 78 yr old person and people who paid extra money to be members of TSA didn't get the TSA precheck. Had to stand in general line for more than an hour. And after all that, Alaska Airline changed the gate number 3 times within the last 2 hrs. First C gate, then to N11 and then back to D4. Walking so much and changing the floors with luggage and a baby and then getting on train back and forth to go the the assigned gate was also horrible experience! Horrible!!! Horrible experience!!! If possible never travel on Alaska Airline.

Original review: June 9, 2018

First, no one that speaks like a flaming gay man should be ALLOWED to make public announcements in the Anchorage Airport for any airline. It's totally unprofessional and is a big problem.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Very rude staff, not helpful. I know I got there late, but they refused to help me completely, they didn't even try to find another flight for me as I ask them. I went straight to Delta and they were ready to help. I got a ticket from Delta for the exact same time as my flight with Alaska and made it just fine. They did not issue a refund of course, because even though I showed up at the time that I could have made it to the flight they put me as "no show". That was my first and last experience with Alaska Airlines.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Alaska Air is the major airline servicing Alaska. Other airlines only have a few flights a day. So Alaska Air is always full, always crowded. As an Alaska resident, I have a few perks. One free bag (within Alaska). The flights are generally on time (within 10 minutes), but connecting to another Airline in Seattle, usually the first destination outside should never be planned too close. The Alaska Air Board room is very comfortable (in Anchorage) and a one day pass is included with a first class ticket.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I use Alaska Airlines 2-3 times a year, and have really enjoyed flying with them. Their prices are reasonable, and the booking process on their website is very easy. They do offer an awards program, and you can boost your rewards miles if you get their credit card. The flights themselves have been pleasant - easy boarding process, and the planes have been clean. They frequently offer a free checked bag when flights are full, which I appreciate. Since they have merged with Virgin Air, they also offer much wider service, which is nice.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I booked this trip with my Expedia account in December 2017 to celebrate my birthday with my cousin in Costa Rica. MapQuest said it was 85 minutes from my house to LAX. My flight was at 8:35. Left my home at 5:00 AM. 10 miles before LAX the 105 stopped, then once near LAX traffic was backed up due to road construction, once at LAX it took 20 minutes alone to get around to terminal 6 where Alaska is located, walked in and met the kiosk (no humans in sight) and went to print my tag for the bag I had already paid for when I had checked in the day before.

Had my boarding pass and am TSA precheck so I figured I was good to go since the flight did not leave for an hour. The kiosk took a few minutes to negotiate and wound up just giving me error messages. I looked around and finally spotted an Alaska rep with a tablet helping people who came in behind me while I was trying to do the kiosk. I waited until he helped them and told him I was having problems with the kiosk. He looked at my boarding pass and said I just needed to drop off my bag and directed me to a line to the counters for bag drop off. By the time I finally got through the line to the counter the gentleman told me I was 10 minutes late to drop off my bag and he needed to ask the gate if it was OK.

He called and told the lady I was already checked in and just needed to drop off the bag. She said no. That ended my Costa Rica vacation trip for April 24. Needless to say I am horrified at this complete lack of concern and the fact that an arbitrary decision by a perhaps grouchy employee can affect a customer (second or third trip in the last year or two with you guys I think). I cannot think of any time I have felt that let down by any organization. I offered to walk the bag to the plane myself. I asked for a supervisor who just supported the gate's decision. Nothing was done by any Alaska staff, no one seemed too concerned my trip was ruined. I was just shown the door.

I stood out on the curb waiting for an hour for my ride to turn around and come get me (shocked that you did this, as are all my friends and family). While waiting I called 800 customer service and the lady just offered to rebook my trip. I did so and told her as a retired marine on disability that I don't get much and could not afford to pay more for the same trip so the only dates that worked are May 8-15. I got a credit back (I would prefer if you put it back on my credit card because I seriously doubt that I will use it, except to perhaps upgrade my last trip with you May 8 & 15). Overall I am dismayed, disheartened, and in general disgusted with what happened and how it went down. I thought it best to share this with corporate in the hopes it saves even one other person from having to feel the way I felt yesterday.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I flew from Bellingham to Maui in seat 6D, immediately behind first, where they have a sort of half-bulkhead separating the cabins. I stood up to let another passenger by, and cut my head on the metal edges of that unsafe thing. I wrote their CEO and CCO about it, you know what I got back? "I was very sorry to hear what happened to you on your flight to Maui. I certainly hope that the wound on your head has healed completely."

Original review: March 23, 2018

Charged $84 in advance for 2 premium seats from San Diego to Portland. However, the aircraft used did not have premium seats/service. Aircraft crew unaware that passengers had purchased premium seats/service. Contacted Alaska about refund and they replied they would respond within thirty days to the overcharge rather than providing immediate refund. Tickets and upgrade was purchased directly from Alaska Airlines and they control the aircraft. An immediate refund should have been provided - I am not a bank for Alaska Airlines. This is the third time in last year that Alaska has sold me premium tickets for flights that did not have premium seats/service.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Basically Alaska Airlines screwed up our entire itinerary that we worked VERY hard to get it were we wanted it. If I had a choice I would tell Alaska Airlines to cancel this flight and shove their airline where the sun does not shine. Massive layovers, late flights and getting in at 1:06 am. This is all ridiculous. Why bother with the time to make arrangements if they are just going to disregard them and make this as miserable as they can. I know Expedia has nothing to do with Alaska Airlines schedules. But I hope that you publish this somewhere that the entire passenger business can see this and be aware what a crappy airline they are.

Alaska Airlines expert review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1932, Alaska Airlines is now the seventh-largest passenger airline in the U.S. It is a West Coast favorite with corporate headquarters in Seattle.

• Mileage plan: Rewards program members can progress through reward levels to gain access to premium services such as priority boarding, free meals and other amenities.

• Credit card rewards: Obtaining the Alaska Airlines credit card gives users the ability to add an annual companion fare, check a free bag and earn triple rewards on Alaska purchases.

• Bags fly free: Local travel in Alaska comes with up to three free checked bags and a free carry on.

• Military service discounts: Active-duty military members get up to five free checked bags and relaxed weight limits.

• First class seating: Get extra amenities and more personalized service with first-class fare from Alaska Airlines.

• Best for: Frequent fliers, business travelers, holiday travelers and vacationers visiting West Coast destinations and Alaska.

Profile picture of Erika Armstrong
Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Alaska Airlines Company Information