2. Travel
  3. Airlines

3.9/5 (677 ratings)

About Alaska Airlines

Alaska Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alaska Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alaska Airlines?

Original review: June 12, 2021

Alaska's customer service was extraordinary in our recent flight from SF to Boston. Honestly, we had screwed up our reservation, finding out that the flight we had booked had departed two days earlier! They busted their tails to get us on board a full flight, with seats together. (I don't know how they did that...) It was complicated by my wife's severely limited mobility, yet they just blazed us through with speed and courtesy. I always liked Alaska, but often price-shopped. Not any more, though, not any more.

Original review: April 1, 2021

The customer service is by far the best in this industry. The staff truly try to be your best, and most helpful friend for the duration of your itinerary. Alaska's equipment is always topnotch, and if a problem arises, they take great care to get you safely to your destination. The in-flight experience is the best I've ever had, and unrivaled compared to other airlines in my experience. I will always recommend Alaska to anyone that might need or want the best.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 1, 2021

I've flown Alaska six times now into and out of Missoula MT from Sacramento CA. The flight service has been good, the flights on time and the planes are pretty comfortable. I feel comfortable that they are doing a good job of cleaning and sanitizing the planes, in fact they were on the plane cleaning before we were all off the plane on my last trip. I don't like the price I've paid for checked bag, but it's actually gone down for my upcoming trip.

Original review: March 21, 2021

I was returning from Salt Lake City after my father passed. I had too many guns and family heirlooms overweight, explained to the ladies why I had so much baggage to check. They purchased me another piece of luggage helped downsize so as to get the weight per bag correct and waivered my freight fee. It was a blessing to me, all my treasures from my Grandparents and father arrived safely in Alaska where I now display them to my friends. Once again thanks Alaska Airlines.

Original review: March 19, 2021

Alaska Airlines is my favorite airline. They are always running deals and you can find "saver" fares the majority of the time. The flights are always clean and staff has always been friendly. I was bummed when they stopped being as COVID safe before other airlines (they started selling the middle seat before Delta) but otherwise I've never had anything bad to say. I also love you can charge your device on every one of their flights. I always seem to lose all my battery when I get in the air.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

Alaska Airlines was delayed and landed late every flight out of 6 fights round trip in a week. Leave us just sitting on the dang plane forever on the tarmac not moving. No excuse for this **. 135 people on board. And the crew don't give a **. If you say something they get pissy and ask you to be seated. 3 time we waited on flight attendance to show up. Then they are rude to you cause they are late. Unreal. ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE ANYWHERE ANYMORE

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

We boarded a plane home from Costa Rica. When getting in our seats my husband pulled down his mask to communicate to our children where to sit. The flight attendant Tyler immediately told my husband to put his mask on, which my husband did. My husband explained he was trying to help our children. The flight attendant then told us we were going to be a problem. This made us uneasy. Right after this another flight attendant started yelling at another passenger about their mask and threatened to extradite the man.

At this point I had the worst feeling about the flight. We settled into the flight. My children were doing great and were behaving the best they had on any flight. My son's mask was a little loose. I had given him the 32 degree masks from Costco and they slip. The flight attendant reminded my son to pull up his mask, which he did. Not too long after the flight attendant Tyler came to me and told me he had reminded us a lot to put up our masks. My husband told him it had only been two times. Tyler began to argue with my husband. I told Tyler a firm thank you and he left.

At this point I didn't dare rest my eyes. I kept checking my children's masks. My oldest son's mask did slip down again but I would hurry and make sure he had it up. Not once did we ever refuse to wear our masks. Not once were we unruly or trying to be a problem on the flight. We were in the last row of the plane right next to the flight attendant cabin. We could hear them talking bad about the passengers and how awful they were. They seemed really worked up. I then heard Tyler say that they might have law enforcement waiting for someone at the end of the flight. I heard another female flight attendant say, "I didn't ask for that to happen." Tyler responded, "Well it's done!"

In the back of my mind I was thinking is he talking about us? I quieted my fears and thought it must be the man they had threatened to extradite. By the conversations I was picking up in the back from the flight attendants it seemed like Tyler really enjoyed the power and was excited to watch seeing someone get kicked off. It was like he could use it at his next gathering of flight attendants where they could tell the crazy stories of what had happened to them. Not okay at the expense of a family just trying to get home with as little problems as possible. Well luckily it wasn't law enforcement, but it was Alaska Airlines employees who handed us a letter that said our connecting flight had been canceled and we are now banned from flying with Alaska Airlines. We tried to tell them that we had tried to comply and that it had been exaggerated, but they wouldn't even let us talk.

So here we are a young family of 5, stranded in LA. The same day flights were all $1000 for each family member. We rode a bus to Enterprise who was all out of one way cars. (At this point of the journey I'm holding back tears.) Luckily, there was an amazing employee there. We told him what happened. He got us a van even though he knew he might get in trouble. Honestly, it healed my heart to see someone care after we were treated so badly. We then drove home and arrived safely the next day. All is well that ends well.... except I thought this should be shared. I would never entrust Alaska Airlines with the safety of my family again.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I was trying to book flights for my son, grandson, and son's girlfriend, using my credit certificate, Alaska wallet funds, and air miles. I knew I needed help.

Linda in Phoenix walked me through each step to help me set up the flights. She was patient and so helpful. I wouldn't have been able to accomplish this myself. Thanks so much, Linda!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Alaska Airlines canceled our flight reservation without warning nor refund. We had not purchase flight insurance and they refused to reschedule us on another flight. As a result we had to pay last minute fees to make another airlines flight. The Alaska staff was very rude about this and provided us no help. I would not recommend this airline.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021
    I give Alaska Airlines 1 star because they have tried to rob me, the checking department at the airport. Even though I had ample of time to reach the gate, which I did, there were no representative to help out to print the boarding pass. When I went in there, they’re like, “Oh, you’re late.” It was still 40 minutes for me, I cleared my security check within 5 minutes. They charged me money, and they rebooked my flight to a different time. It was all fishy, suspicious. It happened in San Francisco Airport. Very bad service. I’ve never faced this before. So, it’s bad.

Alaska Airlines author review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1932, Alaska Airlines is now the seventh-largest passenger airline in the U.S. It is a West Coast favorite with corporate headquarters in Seattle.

• Mileage plan: Rewards program members can progress through reward levels to gain access to premium services such as priority boarding, free meals and other amenities.

• Credit card rewards: Obtaining the Alaska Airlines credit card gives users the ability to add an annual companion fare, check a free bag and earn triple rewards on Alaska purchases.

• Bags fly free: Local travel in Alaska comes with up to three free checked bags and a free carry on.

• Military service discounts: Active-duty military members get up to five free checked bags and relaxed weight limits.

• First class seating: Get extra amenities and more personalized service with first-class fare from Alaska Airlines.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Alaska Airlines Company Information