3.72/5

331 Alaska Airlines Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 30, 2019

Even though some gentleman at the counter for customer service rescheduled me to a much later flight because we got couldn’t get thru security on time since some of my personal items were lost. I called customer service on the phone about a issue, they told me to get in line and a hold of any attendant who could fix it. Although there was a long line due to pets checking in, an attendant Monica was efficient and helped my daughter and me, rapidly understanding the situation. She solved the problem right away with care and attentiveness. I will fly on Alaska more often on every trip I take just because of the good employees working for the airline who show experience and who care like Monica did.

Original review: March 20, 2019

My wife and I took Alaska Airlines flight 783 from Newark, NJ to San Jose, California on March 19, 2019. Attendants in Premium Class were exceptional! Entire flight was a pleasure, and we look forward to traveling with Alaska even more! We make this trip many times a year and will always think of Alaska 1st! Keep up the good work, it certainly makes a huge difference! Thank you for a Great Trip!

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I've had them be very liberal in genuine cancellation requests and waiving cancellation fees; I love their free checked bag with the Alaska Airlines mileage card and most of all, I love that their airlines are comfortable, with enough leg-space in economy and it doesn't feel like we are packed like sardines (read Spirit Air). What's more, Alaska Air always arrives on time or earlier!!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I have had nothing but good experiences with Alaska, which I use several times a year for business and recreational travel. They are always helpful. But this time they really exceeded expectations. I had a nightmare of a time with Travelocity when I changed a flight time (which I paid for). They made so many mistakes in my reissued ticket I was in despair. (Two examples, changed the status from economy to saver, changed the return flight despite my requesting it remain the same.) Every time I called I was on hold for an average of 3 hours. This went on for a week. Many promises that turned out to be lies. Finally I called Alaska Airlines. An agent answered right away and I explained. Even though they had no obligation to fix anything since Travelocity had issued the ticket, they still fixed the whole mess, no additional charge. I will book directly with them next time. I could have saved $125 by doing so.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

One of my friends tell me to have a booking with Alaska Airlines Flights, and I do the same. Trust me. I have a wonderful experience. I was traveling from Alaska to Mexico it was my first travel trip so, I was a little worried but to my surprise, I met with an Amazing experience. All the staff members were very helpful and the foods was my cup of tea. Very delicious and tasty. So I will suggest you all have a booking with Alaska Airlines at least once for a Wonderful experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alaska Airlines?

Original review: July 15, 2019

My ten year old daughter had a ticket to fly back home (Seattle) from visiting her father in MD this morning on Alaska Airlines flight 524. Security was slightly backed up, due to apparent staffing issues so her father checked with the ticketing desk to make sure she would make the flight. The ticketing counter employee assured him she would make it, radioed back to the gate AND personally accompanied them to the gate. At the gate they refused to allow my TEN YEAR OLD daughter to board with her PREPURCHASED ticket because Alaska Airlines had already given away her seat and refused to remove the "stand by" passenger.

Did I mention, my daughter broke her arm while on vacation, and had an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon today, which she will now miss because of Alaska's selfish decision to put profits over people. I have always, ALWAYS tried to fly Alaska for both work and personal travel, but I can assure you, I will NOT be spending any more money to support this unethical company.

Original review: July 13, 2019

Georgios ** (1 review). I arrived an hour early on 7/13/19 for my 8:25 flight. The check in desk wasn't staffed. Another company agent knocked on the office door so someone can assist us. The guy that came out just told us to go to the gate, no check in. We had a big suitcase prepaid and we had to carry it. Once we got to the gate D20 nobody was there at the desk but the plane was there. An Asian lady was behind the desk and said the flight had left. We were at the gate 20 minutes before departure. We were lied to that the plane left but I sat there and saw our plane leave 15 minutes later..

The laziness of the employees costed me a day since the next flight was 10 hours later and connected through Seattle. Of course there were passengers let in LATE for the second flight we were put on and they were let on. Unacceptable. Lack of care from the staff of team Alaska. I expect to be contacted to get my hotel fees covered for the wasted day. I have been to many flights. This was the worst.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I booked a flight for my husband and two kids, selecting seats all together. A day before the flight I received an email that our seats had changed. We were all separated and what's worse, my children were moved to the far back of the plane and not even placed together. Leaving me no way to watch over and protect them. I feel Alaska Air placed my children in danger. I had to pay $200 to upgrade them to Premier to get my kids by me. How can they allow me to purchase tickets, select seats, and then change them last minute. Along with that robbery, the staff was rude and we paid $10 a piece for sandwiches that were totally disgusting, looking nothing like the photo. $40 for sandwiches we had to throw away. Don't fly Alaska Air!!!

Original review: July 12, 2019

Honolulu Airport to Bay Area, California. "Alaska" please let me know your thoughts! If you only had ONE carry-on (Hard case w/o expansion) and ONE small purse. You were asked to check-in your carry-on because the flight would be full. You asked if she could ask someone who had their check-in bags to check-in their carry-on because it didn't make sense to wait at the carousel when you got off. Oh...it was very nice that it was a courtesy check-in. If you didn't agree, and you would have to pay later. When you got on the plane, you found empty seats and overhead bins, then waited for over an hour and a half to pick up your carry-on at the carousel because 4 planes landed around at the same time. I supposed to get off at 10:55pm, but could not leave the airport until after 1am.

Original review: July 6, 2019

My first flight from Fort Lauderdale was delayed and when we landed I ran to my other flight and made it by 8:23, and the flight boarding was supposed to end at 8:35 but they already closed the door. The plane was still sitting there and I asked an attendant nearby what I should do and she told me to go by the door and wait for an agent to come out or go to customer service. I said, "which is best," and she said customer service. I stood in line for 20 mins just to be told I’ll have to board a flight 12 hours later and wait 50 minutes to speak to a manager in person just to hear that they can’t do anything for me.

I’ve had to spend money I was not supposed to spend to eat and everyone I spoke to was rude. I spoke to one agent and two managers who told me they couldn’t do ANYTHING FOR ME, even though it was not my fault that the flight was delayed. I needed to be in Seattle last night and this has caused me extreme stress which is not good and I’m pregnant. I’ve gotten no sleep and I would have never flown with American Airlines if I would have known you guys were rude, incompetent, and could do nothing for me but have me try and sleep on a cold chair for 12 hours.

Alaska Airlines expert review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1932, Alaska Airlines is now the seventh-largest passenger airline in the U.S. It is a West Coast favorite with corporate headquarters in Seattle.

• Mileage plan: Rewards program members can progress through reward levels to gain access to premium services such as priority boarding, free meals and other amenities.

• Credit card rewards: Obtaining the Alaska Airlines credit card gives users the ability to add an annual companion fare, check a free bag and earn triple rewards on Alaska purchases.

• Bags fly free: Local travel in Alaska comes with up to three free checked bags and a free carry on.

• Military service discounts: Active-duty military members get up to five free checked bags and relaxed weight limits.

• First class seating: Get extra amenities and more personalized service with first-class fare from Alaska Airlines.

• Best for: Frequent fliers, business travelers, holiday travelers and vacationers visiting West Coast destinations and Alaska.

Profile picture of Erika Armstrong
Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Alaska Airlines Company Information