3.54/5

Looking for a travel site?

Alaska Airlines

Looking for a travel site?

351 Alaska Airlines Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 30, 2019

Even though some gentleman at the counter for customer service rescheduled me to a much later flight because we got couldn’t get thru security on time since some of my personal items were lost. I called customer service on the phone about a issue, they told me to get in line and a hold of any attendant who could fix it. Although there was a long line due to pets checking in, an attendant Monica was efficient and helped my daughter and me, rapidly understanding the situation. She solved the problem right away with care and attentiveness. I will fly on Alaska more often on every trip I take just because of the good employees working for the airline who show experience and who care like Monica did.

Original review: March 20, 2019

My wife and I took Alaska Airlines flight 783 from Newark, NJ to San Jose, California on March 19, 2019. Attendants in Premium Class were exceptional! Entire flight was a pleasure, and we look forward to traveling with Alaska even more! We make this trip many times a year and will always think of Alaska 1st! Keep up the good work, it certainly makes a huge difference! Thank you for a Great Trip!

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I've had them be very liberal in genuine cancellation requests and waiving cancellation fees; I love their free checked bag with the Alaska Airlines mileage card and most of all, I love that their airlines are comfortable, with enough leg-space in economy and it doesn't feel like we are packed like sardines (read Spirit Air). What's more, Alaska Air always arrives on time or earlier!!!

Original review: March 5, 2019

I can take my golf clubs at no cost to me, and out of BWI to California. I can leave early out of BWI and arrive in California midday. Also if I want to upgrade my flight I can usually do that. I haven't had to pay extra for luggage. Just wish they covered more area.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I have had nothing but good experiences with Alaska, which I use several times a year for business and recreational travel. They are always helpful. But this time they really exceeded expectations. I had a nightmare of a time with Travelocity when I changed a flight time (which I paid for). They made so many mistakes in my reissued ticket I was in despair. (Two examples, changed the status from economy to saver, changed the return flight despite my requesting it remain the same.) Every time I called I was on hold for an average of 3 hours. This went on for a week. Many promises that turned out to be lies. Finally I called Alaska Airlines. An agent answered right away and I explained. Even though they had no obligation to fix anything since Travelocity had issued the ticket, they still fixed the whole mess, no additional charge. I will book directly with them next time. I could have saved $125 by doing so.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alaska Airlines?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Diana - the flight attendants on Alaska Airlines Flight 408 (PDX - SJC) was super RUDE and RACIST. Also, she was not friendly to kids. She made us feel so uncomfortable when she standed close to me and shouted out loud unprofessionally that I could know she had halitosis, just because she didn’t like our race.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Can someone donate a watch to the CEO of Alaska Airlines. Having never flown Alaska Airlines their delayed flights are appalling. 1st time flying with them- Flight from Vancouver to Juneau delayed for 2 hours then sat on the tarmac for another 45 min. 2nd flight Juneau to Seattle to San Francisco- After the checkin staff looked, O! Delayed out of Seattle will not make the International Flight out. So transfer over to United to fix the problem, (awesome, great service) Ummm no, Bags now lost. I’m In Australia and my luggage is still in San Francisco. Awesome!!!! Won’t be recommending.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

So completely disappointed in my recent flight. I was a transplant from Virgin Air which was always great. This was my worst flight experience other than SpiritAir - a one time mistake. No entertainment system on a 5+ hour flight with a small plane and seats. Ooops they forgot to tell everyone to download an app on the ground to watch your movie on your phone - are you kidding me?!? Or they will charge you $10 to watch a movie on a rented table. They certainly have betrayed the Virgin customers they took over, promising to continue the great service. I will transfer my points and fly on an airline that seems to care about customer service.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I fly Alaska Airline all the time based on flights into Paine Field. I needed to change a flight due to a meeting getting changed. I called to make the change and was advised of the $125 cancellation and re-booking fee. I booked the flight and paid the fee. I asked about the fee and was advised "you can get mad about it if you want but it is not going to change anything." Clearly I was not mad but Nason decided he wanted to cop an attitude. Rather than discuss it with him I asked to speak to a supervisor after the transaction was finalized. 15 minutes later a supervisor came on and with the same negative attitude that Nason had. Those types of attitudes do nothing to support the Alaska Airline brand. SAD.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

About 2 weeks ago, we were offered to upgrade our seats to premium seating which was suppose to give you more legroom and include premium drinks and premium snacks. I feel we had additional legroom so that was good but on a 4 hour flight we were offered bev service only twice and as far as premium snacks go, they offered us a choice of a very small bag of beef jerky bites OR a very small bag of cheese crackers. When a passenger asked for both the airline attendant rather gruffly said, "No - we only have enough for 1 per person!" And we not offered any kind of snack other that the one time and certainly didn't qualify in anyone's mind in the immediate rows as "premium snacks" and for an addition $75 per person for a one-way flight, we felt we certainly did not get near the value they promoted so buyers of upgrade seating beware!!! And the upgrade did not include any checked bags in that price either.

Alaska Airlines expert review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1932, Alaska Airlines is now the seventh-largest passenger airline in the U.S. It is a West Coast favorite with corporate headquarters in Seattle.

• Mileage plan: Rewards program members can progress through reward levels to gain access to premium services such as priority boarding, free meals and other amenities.

• Credit card rewards: Obtaining the Alaska Airlines credit card gives users the ability to add an annual companion fare, check a free bag and earn triple rewards on Alaska purchases.

• Bags fly free: Local travel in Alaska comes with up to three free checked bags and a free carry on.

• Military service discounts: Active-duty military members get up to five free checked bags and relaxed weight limits.

• First class seating: Get extra amenities and more personalized service with first-class fare from Alaska Airlines.

• Best for: Frequent fliers, business travelers, holiday travelers and vacationers visiting West Coast destinations and Alaska.

Profile picture of Erika Armstrong
      Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Alaska Airlines Company Information