2. Travel
  3. Rental Cars

3.9/5 (1255 ratings)

About Advantage Rent-A-Car

Advantage Rent-A-Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advantage Rent-A-Car?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advantage Rent-A-Car?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

DO NOT RENT FROM ADVANTAGE. My company reserved a car for a specific printed reservation price of $192 for three days last week. When I went to pick the car up with my associate, when asked, I declined all additional insurance and certainly the tow coverage, as my company's own issuer Geico covers all that and it was a local Atlanta rental for a conference and expo. On the return, rushing to catch my flight out, I realized they added all that stuff back in so my bill went from $192 to $345.20 without my permission or knowledge.

When I went to complain, the new agent said, "You have to call in on Monday to resolve." I was fuming. He specifically said that, "The agent who signed out your car had a habit of that. That Christin was a problem employee." Now it's my problem as my company wants to dock me for it. I am contacting the County DA's office to get the video tapes of the interactions as I now believe- allege that Advantage may be pushing this kind of employee action which easily doubles their profits. If you have experienced the same thing with Advantage, please contact the ** as I will.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I’m super into saving money when it comes to car rentals, I travel to Las Vegas 3-4 times a year and Advantage Rent a Car was new to me! Saved over $200 going thru them: A+ service, A+ car A+ PERIOD! Going thru them in November for the SEMA convention! Offering a shuttle for a block ride is awesome, I took it to get there but I walked back (across the street) to the rental center for the shuttle ride to the airport! Super clean location, super friendly employees. Was asked about additional insurance (I declined) was asked about fuel (I declined cause I had a late flight) and I was charged exactly what I agreed to! Sorry Budget, Sorry Dollar - but they even got your ‘membership’ discounts beat!!

Get buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2021

I reserved the rental car on Expedia. The price once I got there was about $80 difference but I was ok with the hidden fees. I was talked into prepaying the gas by the rental agent. I told him that I wouldn’t be driving the car that much. He told me that I would be reimbursed for gas that I do not use. I paid for a full tank of gas. I have attached a copy of the return receipt. I was charged $42 for a full tank of gas and returned the vehicle with a full tank of gas. They refunded me $4.42. I called customer service and was told there was nothing that could be done because they are not aware of any policy of refunding the cost of unused gas.

They told me they would have a manager from the Orlando location reach out to me. The rep told me that to get me off of the phone. I never received a call. I was charged $38 for gas that I never used. This company is a scam that will tell you what is needed to get you to spend more money. I would never use their services again and do not recommend them. Go with a Enterprise or Budget. They are more transparent. You can also speak with the actual location when you call.

Original review: April 16, 2021

A minute ago. NEW. Really poor/bad service. I've never seen such a bad quality of service. I rented a car at the Miami international Airport. I booked a full size car, but the staff said Nissan versed is the same value as Toyota Camry. I went down level to get a car. There was no staff that helped you to find a car. I finally found the car that had many damages! I went back up and requested a different car! That was so unfair for me. I paid the full size car! They were saying there is no car left! Then, why did they confirm the reservation!! I waited and waited for Toyota. It took over an hour to leave the site! The staff was unprofessional. They charged me almost $350 and $450 that wasn't under my responsibility! Once I found that, I called them several times. No Answers!! I was so worried!! They need to improve better customer service! That experience ruined my day!!

Original review: April 3, 2021

Hello Advantage Rent-A-Car:

I was a customer of yours picking up a car (Nissan Versa) at Nashville Airport on 3-30-2021 and returning it on 4-1-2021. During my rental period, I received a text message, informing me that I had ben outside your rental area and that I was to call to correct the situation. I did indeed call after I had received the text message and basically was lectured by the representative that I signed a contract that stated I could not take the car beyond Kentucky (I was 7 miles past the Kentucky border). I told the agent where I was and that I would not move the car until my departure the next day. The text message indicated that I had the opportunity to rectify the issues, and I had assumed that my call was indeed rectification. The rep told me that Wayne was not in but I should speak to him when I returned.

Upon return to the airport, I asked for Wayne, but was only allowed to speak to him by phone. He lectured me again, and then offered to reduce the fee to $500. I told him that was not acceptable but I offered to pay an additional day rental. In response, Wayne re-upped the fee to $1,000. Furthermore and to add injury to insult, I received a bill that included concession fees and state taxes that incorporated the $1,000 fee, meaning the 11.11% concession fee and the 9.25% state tax were applied to the $1,000 fee. Interestingly, the $1,000 fee did not show up on the bill that was e-mailed to me.

I referenced the start of this note that I was a customer. I do not believe I ever was a customer of yours but rather a shakedown target. I spent good money with you as a customer and was treated with no service, respect and instead swindled out of a $1,000 which actually according to my calculations on the bill amounted to a $1,010 -- I added all the charges up and was left with $1,010 unaccounted for on my bill. I eagerly await your response. Thank you, Ben

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I am submitting a copy of the review I sent to them. I originally booked an UPGRADED standard car for 4 days. After I was told I would need to put down a $250 deposit, I had to change to renting the car only ONE day. First of all, this was all done through Veteran's Advantage so originally I received a lower price. When the rental was changed to one day, not only did the rep charge me $65 for a one-day rental of an ECONOMY sized car (she said there was no standard car in the inventory only economy although I told her I had upgraded online to a standard car), she never used my original Veteran's Advantage price and just charged me what I KNOW was not Advantage's price for an ECONOMY - sized car.

I was so frustrated especially after having to ask her to please save her constant texting until my transaction time was completed-(she said her texts were related to my transaction which I know was not true considering there was only ONE car in the lot that fit her $65 idea of an ECONOMY car) that I no strength to argue with her already pissy attitude. I was so tired after a 7-hr flight from California to Florida I just decided to pay the price, get out of there, and NEVER rent nor refer BUT DEFINITELY will advise anyone and everyone to NEVER rent from Advantage Rent a Car. Not to mention I was still charged a deposit of $45 for the toll pass even though I changed my rental to ONE DAY. And did I get a refund??? RIIIGHT. Now I am just wondering on my chances of receiving my $250 deposit back, or will I have to go through the Consumer Protection Agency, the Better Business Bureau, AND/OR Small Claims Court to get it?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

I would give them no stars if I could. BE AWARE DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY!!! To start when we picked up the car, the rep told us we could return it by 5:30 PM the day it was suppose to be returned, our plane didn't leave until 8:00 PM. As advertised $19 dollars a day, for 5 days total was suppose to be $127. Our Grand total ended up being $244.00.

We had to pay $50 for the sun pass which we used twice, that was a rip off. The windows of the car were covered with a sticky film, and we didn't notice it until we got into the sunlight out of the parking garage. Complained about that we were told the windows were tinted before we rented it and they had to scrape if off with a razor blade??!! Who does that? And what company would rent a car with the window looking like that?? We didn't drive it much so dealt with it. The car was scratched up, not clean.

The day we were to bring it back they called about a late return and left a message, The lady was so completely rude when I finally got ahold of her after many attempts, I tried to explain to her we were told we could bring it back at 5:30, but failed to get it in writing. Horrible customer service. We had the car back at 5:20. Were told if we would have gotten there 15 minutes earlier we wouldn't have been charged for an additional day, the rep that "promised that" to us had just left. SHADY BUSINESS. STAY AWAY!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Rude customer service from the start, I should have walked away then. Nobody was at counter so had to wait for 15 minutes. Picked up car and left. Car was fine, upon returning vehicle I waited for over a half hour because attendant was working three different companies. He checked car - said everything was fine. When I requested a receipt, he said the machine was broke and he would email it. About an hour later I received the email. I was charged a late fee and a smoking fee when I was neither late nor a smoker. That explains the broken receipt machine nonsense. This place is a scam and I would suggest never to use them.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

Advantage car rental is very dishonest and misleading company. I would never ever use them again. I was charged for highway pass that I did not use or want and was told when I rented the car that I would not be charged if I do not use it, and I did not use it and was still charged. They also tell customers about the gas usage and charge you for the gas. I tried calling customer service and they were no help.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

From having a horrible experience with Fox Rent-A-Car in Los Angeles, I had a GREAT experience with Advantage. They were absolutely fantastic. Great customer service, car was all ready for me, easy pick up and drop off.

Advantage Rent-A-Car Company Information