1.13/5
Based on 114 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Advantage Rent-A-Car

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 20, 2018

611 Advantage Rent-A-Car Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

A company that fully takes advantage of your tiredness after a long trip. We booked the car weeks in advance just to arrive at the airport and be told that there are no cars available and they will have one for us in about 2 hours. We left the airport in a taxi. Barely made it on the freeway just to be told that they now have a car for us. We returned and started the paperwork. We were asked whether we needed insurance, I declined because we have cover through our travel insurance at which they told us that we still needed to purchase a compulsory insurance in Florida for approx $200 (we've rented after from reputable companies... and none have charged us for the 'compulsory insurance').

We were also told that they will need a deposit from the CC for approx $250 and that would be returned after the rental. We've returned to Australia and still waiting on that money. When we contacted them we were told that it could take up to 30 days for reimbursement. We were upgraded to an SUV at no cost (according to the agent, but in saying that is the same agent that charged us the compulsory insurance) so who knows what else will come out of our CC. I wish there was minus stars to be able to rate this company. If you are reading this review and think of renting from Advantage, please take the money that they are asking you for the car rental, burn it and then go to another company because you will be better off.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Please, do not fall for the low prices neither for the "bono" that they offer to you! Before the rental everything is great, awesome, wonderful! BUT, after you return the car you get charge for tax that you didn't know about in your credit card! Easy way to get your money from you! OH! The best part is that they charge you for a "violation" that supposedly you committed but they don't send any copy of it. You can't really know if you actually committed a violation but you pay for it anyway! Great, isn't it!? The car was good though.. lol. NEVER AGAIN!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

When I picked up a rental car at Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix on February 4, I was asked if I wanted to buy extra car insurance, I said no as I already carry car insurance. Ken then put the extra car insurance on the contract anyway, even though I had declined it. I didn't read all the fine print on the contract and went ahead and signed it. Although I called Advantage to dispute the extra charge they insisted I had agreed to pay $200.00. I was deliberately misled and tricked into a fraudulent agreement. I will never rent from this company again, and I would discourage anyone else from doing so as well.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Advantage was the cheapest car rental company on multiple websites but in actuality it was much more expensive than I expected. I must have paid about $100 a day for an economy car rental for 4 days. Part of the reason was that I reluctantly agreed to purchase the car insurance that they almost forced me to buy. I refused the agent 4 times, but I gave up then and said 'OK'. I should have even considered this company.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

They're the worse. I booked a car online, when I arrived to pick it up, they didn't have what I paid for, so I had to take an upgrade at a higher cost. Then two weeks later they charged $80 to my credit card, and can't give me an explanation or evidence of any violations. Don't ever let them get your card info.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advantage Rent-A-Car?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I wish I could rate this place 0 stars. I also wish I had read the reviews first, and not just chosen the best rate. I booked the reservation for this car in September 2017. After journeying from Denver on 1/4/2018, I got in line at the rental counter. There were 3 agents and 5 or 6 customers in front of me. After a bit of a wait, 4 more agents appeared and started helping. Despite this, it still took 30 minutes to reach the counter. Once I did reach the counter, the check-out process started moving quickly, but came to a screeching halt when our agent (or the one next to us) couldn't seem to get ahold of "base" or a manager on the phone. Both myself and the party next to me had reservations for minivans, and the agents could not seem to "find" one.

After close to 30 frustrating minutes of absolutely nothing happening, the agent helping me grabbed her purse and walked off - presumably at the end of her shift - without so much as a word to me about what was happening. She was replaced by a man who seemed to need a bit to get his bearings. We were finally sent out to the garage with a reservation for a Hyundai Elantra, with the promise that it was a placeholder, and that the kiosk in the garage would sort us out. Once we got to the garage, I realized that the lady in the kiosk had no idea what was going on. She couldn't figure out why we had a sedan on our reservation, when we originally requested a minivan.

She also could not get ahold of "base" or a manager to find us a minivan. We spent at least another 30 frustrating minutes outside waiting for SOMEONE to figure out what was going on. Mind you, our van was sitting five parking spaces down from the kiosk the entire time we were out there. Also, it was unusually cold in Orlando that week, and was in the mid-30 degrees while we waited outside in the garage, with two tired toddlers. After this hour-and-a-half ordeal, to rent a car I booked FOUR MONTHS in advance, I didn't think I could be more displeased with Advantage.

All in all, the van was exactly what we wanted and needed. It performed great, and we are actually considering purchasing one. But wait, it gets better. On the drive from Orlando to Gainesville, our initial destination, several of the toll booths told me that I didn't need to pay as the toll pass I had explicitly stated I DID NOT WANT was active, and refused payment. Having spend 90 minutes after a day of travel and our late evening arrival, I just kept driving. This was a mistake. Two weeks after returning from the trip, I was billed $60 by Advantage for tolls.

This is far more than any tolls I incurred on the entire trip, especially more than Advantage would have received through their faulty equipment. After calling a customer service agent, I was told I should have contacted them at the time (on the roadside, with two screaming toddlers, tired and anxious to get to a hotel), and that there was nothing they could do for me. Never again will I rent from Advantage, and I will urge everyone I know to do the same. That includes you, stranger from the internet.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

On a business travel to San Antonio, TX I made a car rental reservation through Hotwire from January 15, 2018 to January 18. Once I arrived to the car rental Hotwire assigned for me Advantage Rent A Car they didn’t have the car for which I made the reservation for. The counter representative apologized and informed me that due to the unavailability of the vehicle on my reservation I can just choose another one from the lot; he never mentioned any upgrade or extra charge at all or appointed me to any specific car.

I used the car for the length of my trip and returned the vehicle on Thursday January 18th, once I went with the representative to inspect the car and sign the vehicle return, I noticed there has been a total of $156.22 amount on the paper I signed, which I thought was my receipt from the Hotwire reservation since they never mentioned they charged me an additional per night rate due to the “upgrade” they themselves gave me due to the unavailability of the car on my original reservation…

Once I get to the hotel to file my trip expenses. I noticed I have being charged twice for a rental car, an additional amount of $156.22 on top of the $118.32 amount I paid for my online reservation through Hotwire for a total of $274.54. When I called Advantage Rent A Car to do the claim I asked for Roger the agent that I deal with because I was under the impression that it was a mistake that he would be able to fix it without getting him in trouble. For my surprise they give me the go around and couldn’t transfer me to him or even tell me if he work at that location so I ask to speak to a manager. They took my information and told me that “Sean” was going to call me back in 20 min.

Of course no one called me so I called again and again until I was able to speak with him. I explain everything to him; he apologized for the inconvenient and promised me to call me back. 24hrs later I was still waiting for his call so I decide to call back again, and he told me he was going to verify with the agent and with the main office and call me back. Another day passes so I decide to call them again and verify the status of my refund. This time he wasn’t friendly anymore, he told me they charged me due to the “upgrade” on the vehicle that I requested. I repeatedly explained that their agent on site told me that due to the unavailability of the vehicle on my reservation they’ll give me another vehicle from the lot.

I told him I was never told about the additional charges and so I never approved the charge. He keeps repeating on a anger tone that I signed for it so I was “outta luck”! I explained again that I signed a document showing that I took a car from the lot (My rental agreement) but not approving the upgrade that I wasn’t told and that my company wouldn’t never approved it either since is not a company policy to pay for upgrades on car rentals. At this time he told me “do what you need to do” and hang up the phone.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

On October 18, 2017 I rented a van with Advantage Rent A Car via Priceline. I paid $304.86 on my Discover Card at that time. When I picked up a Toyota Sienna van on Nov. 15th in Denver Colorado. I was told they needed my Discover for a deposit that would be returned to me upon return of the van. The agent asked me if I wanted to upgrade to a YUKON and I declined. After I get home from my trip, no refund is ever credited to my Discover bill. I see they have charged me $40/day for UPGRADE, an additional $301.99. I contacted Priceline for help and they say it's because of the upgrade and there's nothing further they can do.

Advantage claims the original rental was for a Kia Sedona and the Toyota was an upgrade. But at no time did the Customer Service bother to mention that. We called twice to complain, 1 time being offered a 50% refund. We refused and asked to speak to corporate. We were told Denver Corporate would contact us. They never did. Tonight we called for the 3rd time, we were told the case has been closed by Denver because the contract was signed. Don't do business with them. Be very cautious in using PRICELINE as well because they choose to do business with this deceitful company.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I booked a car for my daughter for $190.00, including taxes and fees. After my daughter repeatedly told the agent she only wanted what her mother booked, the agent informed her she need a number of extras, but did not tell her there would be additional cost. Instead of $190.00, I was charged $540.00.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

When I returned my rental car on December 31, I left my cell phone in the car. They confirmed with a call that they had my phone and it would be turned in to the supervisor and returned to me. On January 4, I called the Advantage service number. They said they would check on my phone. No one called with information on the alternative phone number I gave. When I called back, they said the cell phone was not found and they closed the ticket. Still, no one has called or informed. I submitted a complaint and ask for a supervisor to contact me, but after a week, no one has called. Today, when I followed up, they said they were sorry for my inconvenience. This company has a poor system for customer service.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I was out of town in Boston, Mass on business and rented a car there for a couple days. The counter help and parking lot help was horrible, with the staff very uneducated and seemingly clueless about their own procedures. The toll system in Boston basically requires people (residents) to buy a toll pass card monthly. For visitors/out of towners such as myself, the rental car agencies basically bill you later for the tolls.

Advantage waited over 6 months to bill me for the tolls with no sort of paperwork or anything sent me, they just billed my card for $142. After I complained to my credit card company, I got a micro sized (barely readable even with a mag glass) document that showed the tolls were $17!!! They added nearly 10 times the amount of the tolls in customer service charges! The original car rental itself ($145.27) was about the same size as their follow up toll bill! What's more, they took so long to do the follow up billing that by that time I had changed jobs and was no longer able to bill my business for my additional travel expenses. These people are frauds, con artists and cheats with atrocious service before and after the sale... NEVER use them, EVER.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I waited 55 minutes at the rental counter in Dallas while the clerk walked around and ignored customers. I was also FORCED to pay a toll fee for each day of rental totaling an additional $60.00 charge. Wish I'd paid more attention to all the negative reviews. YOU SHOULD BE WARY OF THIS DISHONEST COMPANY AND WATCH OUT FOR BOOKING.COM BECAUSE YOU WON'T GET WHAT THEY CONFIRM. Rip off.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

RENTER BEWARE. When I rented a car from Advantage Rent-A-Car I was not aware that this car rental agency was only available at certain airports in the US. I guess part of my problem was not checking out where Advantage Rent-A-Car was available. When I had an incident in Myrtle Beach SC I was told because I declined roadside assistance I was responsible for having the car towed to Charlotte airport NC (the nearest Advantage rental place) 180 miles at my own expense. Thanks to the wonderful manager at The Strand Resort in Myrtle Beach my problem was fixed and I was able to continue on my travels.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

We waited 45 minutes in freezing weather to be picked up by van. Check in took at least 25 minutes. Car badly scratched at front and back bumpers, like it had been in an accident. Horrible experience. Only good thing was the price, but not worth saving the money.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

First of all, the service reps could barely speak English. Understanding them was difficult. The bill came to more than double the price of my initial confirmation. The airport service person at Orlando Airport pushing my wheelchair was given incorrect information on where to get the car in the parking garage. My traveling companions, both elderly also, were unable to walk more, so I told them I would go up the other two levels and get the car and pick them up.

I have no sense of direction so when I was told that I would have to make several different turns etc to get back to where my friends were, also in the middle of the parking lot, I asked the attendant to drive me to them, he refused. Sure enough I was lost for over an hour and a half in the Orlando area parking lot and airport until an employee of Avis car rental was kind enough to get in his car and have me follow him until we found my friends. Advantage was misleading, rude, and completely horrible to rent from. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Rented from Miami Intl. Airport to drive to Fort Myers, FL. The salesperson said we NEEDED the E-Z PASS to travel on highways because the toll roads didn't accept cash. The cost was $9.99 per day. I questioned the need and the cost. She said, if we went through the tolls we would be charged $25.00 fees! Turns out, those fees are if you get a moving violation ticket, parking ticket or a citation. Hmmm, she didn't mention those things. She made it sound like it was our only option to travel.

Well, we went through 1, I repeat, ONE toll on our way to Ft. Myers (through Alligator Alley) the toll amount was $3.25. And cars were lined up to go through the tolls to pay and get their change if they didn't have the exact change. This means that on our trip back, we will pass the toll once again for $3.25. Total $6.50 instead of almost $70.00 that she duped us for. Then, she said we would save money by having them fill the tank at $2.60 per gallon because their cost was less expensive. The highest gas price I saw the entire week was $2.43! Will never rent from Advantage again because they are dishonest! This increased our car rental cost by more than $140.00. So, unless you are driving from one end of the state to another and back again, the E-Z PASS option is definitely not worth it!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

We reserved a car with Advantage Car Rental, through Expedia, our flight was delayed from Orlando FL for one reason or another, it was to be a direct flight and ended up flying to Phoenix Arizona for fuel with a delay which ended up being 2.5 hrs late. We went to the reservation desk, supplied the attendant with the paperwork, out of nowhere he looks up and say that we are 2.5 hrs late. We told him the reason and he answer was, "Too bad. We have no car for you, we only hold them for 2 company hrs," this was at 11 pm and we asked him, "What are we to do," his answer was he didn't know and yelled to the Payless agent down the counter, "DO YOU HAVE ANY CARS". He could have cared less of the problem, and he said that it's the company policy.

We got a car bottom of the line and twice the amount... Called the company ADVANTAGE at the number supplied and it's out of order/service and finally tracked a number to call that was a direct line, spoke to a agent by the name of Lee who said that it wasn't the right that, "There was a car there for you." She opened a case and said that someone would call in 24 to 48 hrs. Well no one called. So I called them and got a total runaround that if you're late they keep the reservation but give your car away, and there is nothing they can do. The guy was argumentative and more I questioned him the more defensive he got. And said nothing could be done, my case was closed and over. What a joke, DO NOT rent a car from this company unless you want screwed!!! Phoenix Arizona.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I recently rented a car from Advantage, and I would not do so again. There was a very long line at the rental place. I had to wait at least 45 minutes to get to a counter. Then they added additional fees, so I ended up paying about twice what I had reserved. Then on return I learned it will take up to 21 days for my deposit to be returned. Not at all good service.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

The car windows were very dirty. They wrote I had 10x the miles I used on the receipt and refused to fix it. I needed an accurate receipt. The service center is in a foreign country and I couldn't understand the English.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I got charged almost $30 after 2 weeks returning the car... I let it go, and, It's a mistake. They think I am an easy target; So, they did another one. 3 and a half months later, they cooked up a bogus scam for the toll and charged me over $130 on my credit card, again! I kept calling them, was given a runaround... and weeks later, they created a piece of paper/a bill from their end ... listing and adding charge for bogus toll. I asked for backup/original supporting doc... they have none for the tolls... except couple photos of the rental car making a Right turn on the date during the rentals. Nothing concrete to support the $130.56 tolls they charged! This Advantage car rental and these people are crooks. Need to be put out of business scamming people. Someone please put these crooks/Advantage Car Rental out of scamming business. They've been running this scam long enough.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I rented a car from them for 3 days in May, 2017. They charged me $100 for tolls based on bogus documentations supplied to my credit card company Discover Card. They have been getting away with this SCAM for too long. I wish someone can do something about this. We are traveling and have no way to track down documentations to dispute these charges and expose their scams. AVOID this company! There should be class action lawsuit against them for consumer fraud!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I reserved a car online. Total cost to be $288. I arrived at the Advantage rental office in Denver and had to wait 30 minutes to get to the counter. The attendant asked about insurance and I said I had it and that I did not want anything added to my bill. He said my total was $480. I asked how I went from $288 to $480 and he said there was a $200 security deposit added that I would get back. Please initial here and here. When the $200 was not returned to my card I reviewed my bill and found the initial here and here was me agreeing to pay for roadside assistance and EZ toll. The difference between $288 and $480. When I called and asked for it to be taken off my bill I was told sorry, you signed for it. I also was left outside in the cold for 45 minutes for them to "bring my car around'. Customer service was terrible, value was worse than terrible... Advantage, you took advantage of me... but never again.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I rented a car from Advantage but because pick up location was very far so I had to cancel the booking. During cancellation, I asked the representative for a refund and he said I will receive the full refund. But later on they didn't refund my money and whenever I send them they never respond. The representative should have told me that I would not get a refund, I would have used the car instead. I paid for two cars that day. This is one of the ** car rental services I have ever seen who plays tricks to fool customers and loot their money. As a student, it was very hard for me to manage both cars' rent. I would recommend everyone, please do not use this car rental service and also their parent company Expedia.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I had booked a car with EZ car through Expedia. The due at pickup cost based on my Expedia reservation was $163.71 for a "special special car" (whatever that is) for 4 days. This price was more in line with what I usually pay for rental cars, nothing fancy. If the price is the as good I usually book direct with Enterprise, however their rates were around $450 total for 4 days. At that I'm thinking about alternative transportation rather than renting a car. Anyway, first of all (in the middle of the afternoon, the sign in the terminal at the EZ car desk tells us to take the shuttle to the Advantage desk, ok, fine no big deal, but when we finally get to the outside office, there's a long line... actually not as long as I saw on a previous review, but still a longer line than I'm accustomed to at rental car counters. BTW this was at the Denver, CO. airport (DEN).

Now when I finally get to the counter, (honestly the guy behind the counter was decent, but now I think it was tactic, engaging in small talk, etc.) Mr. agent finds my reservation and commented that Priceline saved me $200.00, (that's great, I think). So I tell him I'm going to Estes Park, oh he recommends I use an SUV and I'm like ok, still thinking about the "special, special car". So he excuses himself and exits thru a door behind the counter and I'm waiting and... waiting. Finally he comes back and he tells he has this Black Infiniti QX80 and I'm like ok... mind you never once did he say there will be an upcharge.

AND so when he shoves the agreement on the counter with a handwritten X and signature line, I look at the number and am like, no way, the total was $740+. I said I was not expecting to pay this much and so he somewhat sheepishly takes the paper back and says he can do a lesser insurance coverage. So that came out to $617.17. And at this point I'm ready to get out of there and I'm thinking well that's a little better. And so off we go on our 4 day trip. Well, it wasn't till after I returned the car and received the final receipt that I started combing over the agreement.

First of all I prepaid for gas @ 2.59 a gallon, the agent told me that's the best price I'll get, not true, I paid that exact amount for a refill and there were gas prices lower than that around and they charged a concession fee and a state tax totaling 22.36% on top of the quote best gas price!!! Upgrade fee was $120 plus tax, insurance was $139.96 plus tax, EZ Toll $39.96 plus tax... I'm talking a civil suit against these highway robbers!!! And this is coming from a renter who considers himself to be more seasoned... I would much rather have paid Enterprise the $450 and collected points on that!!! I will not rent from these guys again!!!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Had two deaths in my family while on vacation, I had pleaded with the online manager who was going to give me a little break on the drop off fee only to find out the branch manager of the rental co in Jacksonville charged me the maximum drop off fee of 500.00 to drop off at another location. I called in to see if they could take a hundred dollars off or split the fee, and he was only worried about the receiving his maximum amount of money he could make! I will never use this company again. Thrifty didn’t charge me a fee at all to drop off at a different location. Advantage doesn’t care about customers. They only care about making $800 dollars to rent a car for 3 days! I even returned several days earlier before it was due!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Rented a car in Maui Kahului, when we picked it up it was at a 1/4 tank and we returned the car with 1/2 a tank. We were then charged about $130 as Advantage claimed we should have filled the car to a full tank. Called the customer service 3 times, they were very unfriendly and despite them telling us they would look into it, they never got back to us. At the last call we were told by a supervisor there was nothing they can do for us. Now we're sitting on the charges plus international phone charges. We would not recommend them, worst customers service we have ever received!!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I traveled with my family to Orlando in August, I used Advantage Rent-A-Car in the Orlando Airport. At the counter I was offered E-ZPass, which I declined. I went thru the first toll and went to pay cash. I was informed by the toll cashier that the E-ZPass was active. I pulled over to the side of the road immediately and called the 800 number. I was informed by the agent that since the error was theirs, that I would not be charged for the fee or the toll. I thanked them and went off my way. 2 months after the trip, there is a charge on my credit card for $52.25. I called the 800 number and was told by a very nasty rep that it was the fees for the toll and the E-ZPass. I asked the agent to review the notes on file and he said that he was unable to refund the full amount. I asked for a supervisor and my call was "disconnected". The fact that this charge appeared 2 months after my trip shows me that this business was banking on me not noticing the charge!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

My first bit of advice... run as fast as you can to the next rental car counter. These guys are conmen disguised as a business. Where to begin... When a company bolds their cancellation policy (i.e. no refunds if canceled less than 24 hours before you are scheduled to pick up your car) and puts a ton of very non-traditional rental car related policies in super, super fine print, I recommend running away as fast as you can. I walked away from the counter disgusted and resigned to letting them keep what I had paid. They know it will happen and my sixth sense tells me this is another piece of the business model.

A. Awful, Awful Customer Service. From the moment I arrived, they were rude and dismissive. EZ Rental had signs up telling me to go to the Advantage desk. I schlepped up to the next floor and once I arrived, the customer service I received made me feel as if they were doing me a favor.

B. Proof of Insurance? You must show up with proof of insurance if you are a local customer. I tried pulling it up on my phone and the customer service associate expressed deep frustration. Told me she could do nothing for me. I told her most companies can usually pull up proof of insurance through your driver's license details. She responded, "How do you expect me to do that?" Once again, I advise you to read the ENTIRE terms and conditions. In the regular proof of insurance clause, it says if you are under the age of 21 you need to present proof. There is a separate local renter clause that renders the first proof of insurance clause null and void. Are you still with me?

C. One of the highest credit card holds I've witnessed ($350). Considering the level of disorganization, there is no way I was going to trust them with that amount of a hold. Especially after everything I have read online.

All in all, read the fine, fine print if you plan on renting. But, take my advice. You are much better off receiving quality and hassle-free service from another more reputable car rental company. The customer service representative I spoke to explained it best. Me: "This has been an awful experience. Do you actually support this?" Customer Service Associate: "From a company perspective, I have to say yes. Personally? No. It's not great, but it is a car rental company. I'm so sorry."

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

After waiting close to 1/2 hour for an Advantage Shuttle to pick us up at LAX... while dozens of other car rental shuttles came and went numerous times, we were finally picked up, taken to the Advantage location and dropped along with our luggage on the street... nope, they could not pull up in front of the building. We could see the enormous amount of people in line inside the building from the road. There were at least 40 or 50 customers waiting in winding lines for the cars. It took my husband 1 hour and 38 minutes to get from the end of the line to the counter and then took additional time with all the paperwork etc.

Finally after fearing we would spend our first day on vacation stuck at Advantage Car Rental, we got a 2017 RAV4 that was beat, dinged up and had absolutely no get up and go. Upon returning the car one week later, we took the Advantage shuttle back to the airport, with the outside temp being a record breaking 100 degrees in October, and NO air conditioning in the shuttle crammed with people and luggage. We will never use Advantage again... ever... and we highly recommend that if you wish to get your trip off to a good start, avoid this company completely. Everything about them stinks!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I booked a car rental through a 3rd party site and a deposit through them. I was told an exact amount I would be responsible for at the counter. When arriving, we were told that we had to purchase their insurance (totally wrong, we did not have to) and they would not give us the car without. I have insurance that covers this already. We were charged aver $2000 dollars in total when it should have come to about $700, not including the $200 deposit I put down. It was 9pm at the airport when this happened and I had an infant with me. I called and called but kept getting transferred to different people. They also made us put a second driver on the account because he was there when picking up the car. He was never and did never drive the cars. This added to the cost. I will never recommend this company and cannot tell you how unprofessional they are.

Advantage Rent-A-Car Company Information

www.advantage.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use