1.15/5
Based on 133 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

688 Advantage Rent-A-Car Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Car Rental at Miami International - Appalling service...AVOID! My family and I, five of us in total, went to pick up our car, and with only 2 people in front of us, presumed we would be on our way shortly. How wrong we were. Initially, there were 3 people working, but then one lady stopped working after finishing with a customer and seemed to take on a more managerial role as the remaining two staff were constantly calling her over to query or validate something. Then people were returning to the front of the queue to be dealt with prior to us. From what I could gather they had previously been seen and were confirming their car rental. However, surely the more senior lady should have dealt with them instead of the other 2.

After about 50 minutes, and lots of moaning by the kids (understandably) we were served... Only to be told they did not have the car we had ordered. The lady then said she was not sure she had anything suitable for 5 people and the luggage we had??? The woman was called over and said yes they did, they had a truck. By this point we said it was fine and just wanted to be on our way. The lady then started telling me the fees for the sun transponder, as we were driving to Orlando and would be dropping it off there. I was already aware of this, but I wasn't aware that it was $9.99 for every day of the rental, regardless of whether or not you used it that day, and with no maximum cut off, unlike other rental companies.

I was astounded, but as it is compulsory there is no getting around it. We eventually left to go and pick up the car, which again took another 20 minutes. When the truck was driven around the back had no cover. I explained to the lady that we were driving to Orlando with all our luggage and the clouds were already black and thunderstorms were imminent. She informed me this was the only car suitable for us and our luggage. How can this be??? We took the car and about 45 minutes into our drive the heavens opened. We tried to put some luggage in the back seat and at the front, but it was virtually impossible. Needless to stay, when we arrived at our villa and got the luggage out, a lot of the clothes and items were wet. This has to be the worst experience I have ever had, and we have always rented a car on our family holidays, so in 22 years, I have never had such a poor and unprofessional experience.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Advantage Rental Car Atlanta - They are very understaffed. I returned my car full of gas and they sent a charge of over $204 for a refill. There was no one there to greet us at the return. It's a rip-off!!! Customer service was no help whatsoever.

Get expert buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Terrible service! Had to wait in line for over an hour just to pick up our car! Initially there were 4 people at the counter, but after just a few minutes, 2 of the 4 employees packed up and left and the wait got longer and longer. When I finally got to the counter they told me my car that had been reserved was still not ready and I would need to wait longer or take a smaller car. They wouldn't allow me to upgrade to a different vehicle unless I paid extra, when it was THEIR fault my car wasn't ready.

We also asked for a booster seat which is typically complimentary at other car rentals, and they wanted over $80, for 5 days! Which at that point it was cheaper to buy a brand new one for half the cost at Walmart and donate it when we left. Go with Avis/Budget/National. They aren't great, but they are FAR better than this poorly managed business. It's well worth the extra cost! Is saving $25 worth an hour wait, and getting a smaller vehicle than what you reserved and paid for? I will never book a car from this company again!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Traveling for business, and with a late flight, I arrived at the Denver airport Advantage Car Rental to retrieve my reserved car. When asked, where I was headed, and letting the salesman know I was headed to the mountains, he said my 4 cylinder vehicle wouldn't make it up the mountain very well and I should rent a 6 cylinder vehicle, for an additional fee. I told him I lived in the mountains for 35 years and didn't need the 6 cylinders, to which I was told, I would need to wait a while as my vehicle wasn't ready.

Due to an important meeting, I paid the extra for the 6 cylinder... The bad news, when I was able to check the vehicle, it too was a 4 cylinder. I WAS RIPPED OFF. With the supervisor standing behind my rep, she didn't react to the up-sale. Then I was told to pay for refueling service, as the $52 charge was the cheapest in state, again, THEY LIED. I didn't pay for their fuel and paid at a grocery store, with the vehicle almost empty, and saved $15. HORRIBLE COMPANY.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I reserved a car with Advantage Rent-A-Car for $386.00 through Airport Rentals on May 30, 2018. It was reserved for the dates of June 25-July 2. On June 25 our flight was delayed and then we rebooked for the morning of June 26. I called Advantage Rent-A-Car right away to make sure they would still have the car for us. They said yes the car will be held for 24 hours, so until 6:30 pm June 26. On June 26 our flight ended up being delayed again, therefore we didn't land until 5:15 pm. I called Advantage as soon as we stepped off the plane to let them know we were in the airport and would be there to get our car soon. I was put on hold for a minute and then the representative came back and said we were fine, it will be held until 6:30 pm.

We arrived at the Advantage Rent-A-Car at 5:45. I was told they no longer had any cars available. I told him that I just called Advantage and was told it would be held until 6:30 pm. He said they don't know what goes on at the Denver Advantage Counter. The worker said he would walk out on the lot and see if he could find something else even if it was larger or smaller than my reserved car. He came back and said he found something and it would cost a little over $2,000. I told him I could not pay that and that my reservation was for $386. He then came down to $1,000. I told him I could not pay that either. He apologized and said he couldn't do anything else.

I called the Advantage customer support phone number while I was still at Advantage and was told they couldn't do anything but send me a 10% off coupon. I had to call Uber to come pick myself and children up from the airport and drive us 45 minutes away to our hotel. I then tried calling numerous rental car companies and no one had anything available until June 28 due to an international softball tournament in the Denver area. I did reserve another car at the Denver Airport through a different rental agency for June 28. In the meantime we had to use Lyft/Uber to get around. On June 28 we Ubered back to the airport and got a car. I have emailed Advantage Rent-A-Car and sent them a certified letter. They have not responded. This is ridiculous that they would do this to a customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advantage Rent-A-Car?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Ordered a car through Hotwire with Advantage through Hotwire for a last minute rental (no other companies had cars available supposedly). It was a huge ripoff. I tried to cancel almost immediately after making the reservation, but Hotwire refused. We waited over an hour in line to pick up the car - even though there were only ~5 people ahead of us. It was a completely ridiculous process. I'll never be renting from Advantage again - even if they're the only car rental company available. I'd rather walk.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Watch out for Advantage Car Rental. If you’re not careful, the company will find a way to gouge you. They succeeded in doing that to us because we weren’t alert enough. When my husband upgraded from a sedan to a Rav4, he was harried and didn’t check to see what the charge was. He signed the contract. Budget, we later learned, would have charged us $1198 for the Rav4 for ten days. Advantage raised the price from $1200 for a sedan to $2,500! My husband readily admits that he should have check the contract before signing, and legally, we have no recourse. Advantage turned a deaf ear to our complaint. There may be people who don’t mind paying more than double the going price for a car rental, but if you are not one of them, then rent a car from anybody except Advantage. In future, we’ll walk before we’ll do business with them.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I rented a car from Advantage Rental Car at the Austin Texas airport. I had booked online for 7 days for a total of $208.10. After returning the car I was billed an additional $190.13 for toll fees, taxes, concession fees and an admin fee of $125. The actual amount of the tolls were $20.23. I had signed the contract waiving the "Optional Products" which included waiving the toll fees (which I didn't realize at the time). I didn't notice this part of the contract or even understand what it implied. I called the company and disputed the charges above the actual amount of the tolls. I have rented cars in Texas before from other companies and will get the bill for the EZ Toll fees after the car is returned for the toll fees only, no admin fee, additional taxes and concession fees.

The toll fees have always been under $30. since I do about the same amount of driving each year. These "Optional Products" should each require a separate initial and they should be explained to the consumer. I was given no explanation. I now see that this is a problem for other consumers of Advantage Rental Car. I have rented from Thrifty and Budget in the past years and have had no problem. I will not be renting from Advantage again and want to caution anyone that does that they should make sure that this "toll" portion of the contract is clarified and not waived. This may cause a problem since it is all lumped together with the other "Optional Products".

Original review: July 27, 2018

Arrived at Denver Advantage Car Rental, to be told that my reserved full-size car was not available and we’d have to wait, and yes we arrived after the reserved pickup time. I told him he needed to provide a similar or upgrade at no charge as we had 2 toddlers that had been traveling all day that were tired and cranky. He said he’d give me a discount for an upgrade. Was charged an additional $84.92 for 4 days for the upgrade I didn’t want. They should have had my reserved car available when we arrived and not pressured to pay for an unwanted upgrade. Waiting for our reserved car was not an option after traveling all day with 2 small children!

Original review: July 26, 2018

Rent a car for 15 days from their Kennedy Airport office. Booking was made and paid for before we left the UK. We even took out extra insurance at the time of booking. The car was fine and in reasonable condition. The mechanic who saw us checking for damages, signed off a couple scratches on the body work. He was helpful. Can’t say the same for the counter staff. Attitude and communication very poor, no effort made to answer questions that did not relate to selling us an add on - road side assistance, sat nav and EZ pass. The rate for the EZ pass - $25 per day ($375 for the duration of the hire period), borders on being unethical when their staff tell you there is no other way of paying automated tolls in New York with it and not let customers know they can register to pay tolls by mail for tolls in New York on the Pay Toll by Mail website.

We called Advantage Customer Service later to ask if we could pay tolls accrued directly but was told we had to take the EZ pass for the duration of the rental period. The small print in the contract state that customers who accrue automated toll charges are charged $25 admin fee for each occasion up to a maximum of $100 per day. The toll charge for getting out of New York (Whitestone Bridge) is $1. All the other toll road we went through took cash. This low cost car rental company uses tolls charge to ramp up extra charges - beware.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Don't even think you have a chance to avoid this scam. It starts by getting on their bus at the airport (if it has not broken down). They take you some distance away off of Mannheim Blvd. There they present a contract with a lot of fine print. You ask for a car that is equipped for the EZ Tolls reader. They have an automatic opt out feature, so you are "agreeing" in the fine print to pay a $25 toll convenience fee per day. Toll charges $27 for three days, convenience fee $75 even though you ask for a toll reader and you allow it to read the tolls. When you get back the rate for the car is higher than you expect (double) and weeks later they have another charge on your credit card for the tolls (OK) plus the convenience fee (not OK). RIP OFF.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Advantage Rent-A-Car in Vegas Airport. We had the car, a Toyota Camry, for a whole week and had an excellent time. Put 2500 miles on it, mostly at 8K feet or more while traveling the Canyons. Service was terrific from the front desk to the garage to the return. Thank you!

Original review: July 21, 2018

RATING IS ACTUALLY LESS THAN A 1 STAR, CAN IT BE A NEGATIVE 5! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. This company along with their sister company (E-Z RENT-A-CAR) is a total rip off! Here is my experience: 1. Given a car rental with bad brakes (unsafe), the car shook and vibrated terribly when brakes were applied when we left airport, upon returning to airport we had to pay I believe 2 tolls (maybe 4, I really can’t remember). 2. The second car we were given was a five seater instead of the 7 we had rented! Took time to correct. 3. We had left a small item in the first car, asked to get it, it was gone! Understand, E-Z Rent-A-Car was the only one in contact with the car; you come to your own conclusion.

4. Took over 2 hours to get correct car and to leave the airport, missed dinner reservation, compensated all of $25, aren’t they considerate! 5. When windows needed sprayed off while driving, the car had no washer fluid!! When rear wipers needed turned on in the Florida monsoons, they did not work. 6. I did not pay the excessive cost for the tolls in advance. We were on a high way that went over a nature preserve (swamp) and without warning said there were tolls by plate ($.70 and $.70), they billed me $27.90! I could not have turned around at that point, there was no advance warning! 7. This occurred at the Orlando International Airport, but their reviews are consistent everywhere! Bad! STAY AWAY FROM THESE TWO COMPANIES! ADVANTAGE RENT-A-CAR, E-Z-RENT-A-CAR.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Rented a car on Priceline for 228.97 reserved at Denver Airport from Advantage Rental thru Priceline in June. They didn't have the style of car we rented. Gave wife something else and once on the road check engine light came on. Wife had to return the car hours later and were charged for "upgrade". Once home we get a bill from Advantage for 377.50 for a 3 day rental totaling $606.47. Guess there's a reason they call themselves "Advantage".

Original review: July 16, 2018

I waited 2 hours at Boston Logan airport on a Monday night at 5:30 pm. When I got to the counter they told me they didn't have any cars and to take a seat. It was another 30 minutes before I was pulling out of the airport. If you want to spend your vacation standing in a rental car line, rent from Advantage. If you don't want to spend your vacation standing in a rental car line, go somewhere else.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I rented a car for a week via Travelocity and received a price of $291.95. The Rep and I went over the electronic contract at the counter and at the time I declined all Optional Offers. When I was ready to pay with my credit card the charges came up to $568.00. I questioned the amount right away but was told by the Rep that it was an additional hold for any late return and none fuel gas. I did not see a problem for that and accepted the hold. The car was returned in the condition as agreed but the money was not returned to me. I contacted Advantage and came to understand that what was told to me during the electronic signing was a misrepresentation of the wordings on the hard copy contract. She asked me if I wanted Insurance and I said "no".

I initialed on the electronic pad next to the heading that said, 'Collision and Damage Waiver.' To my surprise, I actually accepted a coverage. If you initial the area next to 'YOU ARE ACCEPTING CHARGES FOR A WAIVER' then it charges you... Also 'Roadside Assistance' the same for initialing next to the area. So for Advantage, they deceive you by using the heading stating 'Waiver' but if you do initial it means you are agreeing to charges for a Waiver. The Reps are misrepresenting the product to the customer before they can verify the contract. Several customers have complained about the same issue in several states and may need to have someone look into these cases and give feedback. I have all my paperwork.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I believe a better name would be “TAKE” Advantage… as in take advantage of your customers!!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND using Advantage. Pay the extra for a reputable car rental company like National or Hertz. In the end it would have cost me much less. As reference, I have rented from National and Hertz for business and personal travel many times without any issue like this.

I’ve made two calls to Advantage, called the Highway Toll Administration company, and had to get my own receipt for toll charges. Funny how easily they could email a receipt for the rental, but then just slipped the toll charges onto my credit card and sent no notification or receipt. No integrity!!! Advantage said there is nothing they can do at this point.

Initial experience of renting from Advantage (in Denver) was good, but the billing and price gouging for admin fees has rendered this experience as a failure. I am still in disbelief that toll admin fees were higher than the cost of renting the car for two days! Advantage charges (gouges) customers $25 per day in admin fees for tolls if you fail to add on the EZTOL option. Compare that to other companies charging $3-$5 per day. I found out AFTER the fact, that I if I had used the EZTOL option it would be $9.99 per day and covers all tolls. So for my two day rental, the real cost is $20, but they charged me over $75.

I don’t have a problem paying tolls, or a reasonable admin fee. But $25 per day is ridiculous. I would not be surprised to find out Advantage assesses their station performance based on how many add on fees they can charge, seems like customer retention might be a better measure of success. Integrity is obviously not part of the Advantage mission statement! You can quote that on your web page under what customers are saying about us! Your web page says “No excuses, no surprises.”

Well, not in my case. 10 Days after the rental, SURPRISE, driving on a toll road is a “violation” and costs $25 per day. SURPRISE, we charged your credit card and never notified you. I was surprised to find out that Advantage expects a typical driver to know that driving their car on a toll road is a violation. I guess they should clearly define violation for me. In the same section of the contract listing the cost of a toll violation it lists an admin charge for moving violation, citation, or parking ticket. So Advantage considers driving on a toll road equivalent to breaking the law? And you expect your customers to know this? I DO NOT RECOMMEND renting from Advantage. I do recommend National, Hertz, and have also rented from Enterprise and Avis a few times with no issues as well.

Original review: June 30, 2018

This is a sleazy co. I had a contract for a Jeep for $271, they said I needed a passport to get it even though I live in the US. The told the lady next to me they didn't have the car for her, and they told the guy he was a half hour late (his flight was late) and it voided the contract. For all of us, they tried to increase the price by sixfold. My $271 went to $1200. I was starting a family vacation. The woman had a meeting in a half hour, but they think it's funny to hear how they are screwing up all the customers' trips. I'm going to report this to my credit card company to remove the exorbitant charge and honor the original contract. I recommend you do the same. How many times can we allow these unscrupulous people to screw us all out of hundreds of dollars, yielding their millions?

Original review: June 28, 2018

There is a scam with tolls in Florida, especially the Orlando area. We rented a car for a week and received charges for tolls after we came back home. We called the company who sent us to Florida Tolls and they told us that there are now toll booths that do not take money and you need either or SunPass or opt in with the car rental company to pay a daily fee to cover any tolls that are charged to you at these toll areas with no cash option to pay. If you don't prepay the fee (which was never explained to us), then once you return the car, you will receive a bill with a $25 administrative fee.

I asked what happened if you did not use the funds that were prepaid and was told by Advantage that those prepaid funds would not be returned. I asked to have the administrative fee removed and was told that this customer service was third party and they could not remove the fee. I asked for a number at Advantage and was told they would just send us back to them. Therefore, be aware when renting a car from EZ or Advantage because that you will be scammed out of money from this rental car company.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I made this reservation after checking the prices from several rental agencies. I was surprised by how inexpensive the Advantage rental was. Sadly, now I know. I rented from their LaGuardia airport location and from the moment I landed, I dreaded my decision. When they finally arrived to pick me up, move that 25 minutes had passed. There were no other people waiting for their van. We went to their car lot and I was shocked by its appearance - only 4 cars on their lot, a great deal of barbed wire and a completely trashed looking building and pavement. Once I got their front desk, absolutely like a 3rd world country, they gave me a very dirty car that had both a tire and engine light illuminated.

I went back to their counter and complained about the car. They seem very familiar with customers walking away from their cars as they processed my rental cancellation in no time at all. I then called Enterprise who picked me up at Advantage. Enterprise too seemed very familiar with picking up dissatisfied Advantage customer. DO NOT RENT FROM ADVANTAGE - THEY ARE AWFUL!

Original review: June 23, 2018

I booked through Priceline, and now I wish I had checked the reviews first. When I picked up the car, I tried to refuse the CDW. I said repeatedly that I didn't want it and my company won't reimburse for it. The guy said it was "automatically included by Priceline so I'd already paid for it". Either way I still refused to initial acceptance. Return the car and was charged $50 for CDW. Asked customer service for a copy of the contract and lo and behold the line where you initial to accept CDW has my full signature. It was same signature from the bottom of the contract. Customer service called it "proof" that I accepted it and refused the refund. This is fraud. I am trying to dispute it, but I don't know what I can do if visa views the signature on the initial line as "proof".

Original review: June 20, 2018

I left an amazing review saying how this company gave me my deposit back and they were honest throughout the process. I asked ahead time and ecem after if I end through a toll how much would I be charged. They discussed 13.99 now I have a $55 charge. It would be so upsetting if I actually asked. So a 50 cent toll turned into a $55 toll. Then I call and explain exactly what I explained. She said, "No it is not 50 cent it is $55." I went off the disrespect got real and her rude self kept explaining why it was $55. Don't use this company. I know it's Orlando but how did I get a car with sand in it. COME ON!

Original review: June 19, 2018

They overcharged my debit card by $1,100.00 for a car that I rented and only drove 42 miles. Still in dispute with me. Customer service is horrible, terrible, unacceptable, will NEVER rent again from this company and telling others the same.

Original review: June 18, 2018

In theory, you feel you make a reservation, show up to the counter, sign contract, get keys & go... NOT WITH ADVANTAGE. Waited in line for 1 hour and 42 minutes because they didn't have cars for their reservations... UUuuuhhhggg. Phoenix, AZ line out the door. Settled for a mid size suv that had faulty brakes. Super poor customer service. Out of all the car rental companies in the building (11 of them) Advantage was the only one with a line!!! Never again.

Original review: June 15, 2018

TERRIBLE!!! GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! You will be glad you did! We rented a Sienna van in Denver for a long weekend. It wasn't vacuumed and required us to shake out the floor mats and clean crumbs from the seats. The upholstery was dirty and stained. To make matters worse, the next day after the vehicle having been parked in hot weather, it smelled like foul smelling shoes, vomit with a hint of vinegar. I tried calling for a discount assuming this is not the type of rental experience they expect. Total silence on the other end of the line - no apology, no attempt to correct it, no offer for a credit or discount. When pressed, they told me they can't do anything for me.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I rented a small SUV and got to the rental place and the attendant (while very nice) switched me to a larger SUV. It was fine at first, but in all the hubbub of activity, flying a red eye flight, no sleep, a line and wanting to get out to my destination, I felt rushed. Lorenzo explained there was a $200 authorization fee that would drop off the card (okay, I work in the industry and understand, great). I told him I needed supplemental, simple, daily insurance coverage as I didn't add it online. I remember seeing $15 a day or something. He added it, hurried through the paperwork and I signed it (thinking at least $200 was dropping off for an authorization). I spent the week finding trash in the car daily (it also smelled super musty when we got in) - we found a dirty coffee cup, gloves, ear plugs (like construction workers use), trash in the cup holders and door handles, and otherwise were super disappointed.

I came to return and the car started making an awful noise, which did eventually stop, but was worrisome. I asked the attendant when I returned if I should talk to a manager about the outrageous insurance that was DOUBLE the cost of the rental and the dirty car and he said they would tell the manager and to not worry about going inside. (Obviously I should have). I have now been calling for WEEKS, talked to customer service several times and had to re-open my ticket number because Denver responds to the main customer service line and then shuts down my ticket. I repeatedly had to bother customer service for the Denver contact information which they did give, but the voicemail was full. I kept calling and finally the Denver manager (Bryan) called me back. He listened, dismissed my issue with the insurance, and said he would refund $60 for the roadside assistance that I never asked for.

Never mind the $200+ collision insurance that was more than the car and that I NEVER asked for. I understand the coverage was in place for the duration of the rental, but I also know something can be done about it. Make the situation right. Take care of your customer and they turn into a lifelong customer. Dismiss their issues and make them feel like it is their fault, even though they felt rushed, confused and now frustrated at the lack of response, and you ruin them for the future. I would like this situation to be resolved and the bill to be discussed again. It is absolutely ridiculous to treat a customer this way.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We booked our car weeks before leaving on our trip to Denver International Airport. Our initial payment was $438.64, and included taxes and fees. Upon arrival, the salesperson at the desk recommended a car upgrade since we will be driving in mountains, which was fine. The upgrade added $61.10 to our bill. Then, the man asked whether we wanted full or partial coverage for the car (never mentioned that this coverage was optional). So, we said partial, and he added Collision Damage and Supplemental Liability, which added another $209.90. Also, he claimed that we would be running into many tolls on our trip, and sold us the E-Z Toll pass for $10 a day. However, we are not aware that we even passed through any tolls, so there goes another $49.95 on our bill.

Interesting enough, we ran into a couple on our trip, that used the same company. They paid $254, only had to put down a deposit, and got a free car upgrade and were told they did not need to carry any coverage on the car they rented. While I understand we are under 25, this only added $124.95. So, our bill should have been the $438.64 we paid online, however, our new total at the rental store came out to $827.47 which is absolutely crazy and we felt scammed. Something we are also not understanding is how the taxes and fees almost tripled as well. We already paid taxes and fees at the time of booking online.

On another note, the "inspection" process was even more shady. The man at the counter said to bypass the inspection at the gate because we were "fully covered" which is not what we chose. We got to our rental car, and noticed right away that the maintenance required light was on. We drove it to the inspection guy to ask about the light, and he had no idea why it was on, and sent us to the "mechanics" in the back of the lot. The man in the back looked and saw that the car has not had an oil change, but decided to just turn the light off and send us on our way. So, we drove it back to the guy at the front, and asked him to write down that the light was turned off, and he told us to do it and never signed the inspection paper.

Also, they did not walk around the car or note any existing scratches or dents. This was concerning on our drop-off because we noticed that when we brought the car back, men were inspection rentals that were departing. Overall, I feel as though we were completely scammed, and that all this company wanted was our money. We will never use this company again, and will make sure other will not either. If I would have known it was going to be over $800, I certainly would have never chosen this company. This car was more expensive than a round-trip flight for 2.

Original review: June 6, 2018

My experience with this company is going to contradict several of the reviews I have come across on this site. I rented a car at the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. Immediately, I was greeted with excellent and expeditious customer service. I was provided with a full size 2018 Kia Optima. (White in color - which was a nice touch considering the heat in Arizona!) Unlimited miles. The vehicle was in pristine condition, low mileage, and smelled like it was just driven off the lot. It was examined by staff prior to my departure and I had a full tank of gas.

Returning the vehicle was an equally speedy and painless experience, and after checking off the level of gas, and condition of vehicle, I signed a paper acknowledging the terms of the contract. I received my deposit of $200 in less than 24 hours without incident. All I can say is review the contract terms, be confident in what it is you are looking for with your rental experience, and voice that. I would like to commend Tara for a job well done. We will be repeating our business with Advantage Rent-A-Car again.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I began receiving emails over the weekend thanking me for my rentals in Denver, CO. More than one rental. I don't live there and wasn't visiting there. I did not rent any cars in Denver. But the rentals were in my name, using all of my personal information. When I called to report this, customer service said they cannot help me. I have to contact the "risk department". Which I did. And NO ONE WILL CALL ME BACK. Their lack of response to a crime being committed is very frustrating. I have since reported this to the credit bureau and filed a police report. But Advantage still has zero response to my daily calls and emails. TERRIBLE customer service. I rented from them one-time last year on a work trip in Florida. So my info was in their system. If you rent from Advantage, good luck. Apparently your information is not protected, and they will not help you if you have a problem.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Sales associate was very rude, unprofessional, very pushy, rewrote contact incorrectly, overcharged me at less 100.00 compared to other car service and rates after I had shopped and got pricing and compared through pricecar.com. which is whom they ask me to use when I call directly to Advantage Rent-A-Car service at Orlando/Sanford Airport Florida. I also missed my boarding time because of the unprofessional sale associate that was supposedly correcting her mistake. Yes all of this was brought to a supervisor attention gave her prices times dates reference numbers of booking and confirmation information. All of which were disregarded by the supervisor. The supervisor brought it to our attention that she was friends with the unprofessional sale associate.

Not sure about Advantage Rent-A-Car?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right Rental Cars for you.

Advantage Rent-A-Car Company Information

www.advantage.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business