1.18/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Need a good rental car company?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Advantage Rent-A-Car

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

576 Advantage Rent-A-Car Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

On Sunday October 8 around 10 AM I arrived at the Advantage rental counter with my reservation, prepaid records, insurance records, drivers license and multiple credit cards. The Advantage agent refused to honor my reservation forcing me to get a last minute car with another agency. Luckily the counter agent at National saw my predicament and helped me out. The rate was somewhat higher but at least they delivered.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I booked my flight and car rental online. I had never used Advantage before and I went back online and read customer reviews. What I read was not that good and I was a bit worried. I figured mostly unhappy folks review things online so I decided to keep the reservation and I am glad I did. Counter help at Newark airport were friendly and helpful and best yet, very good at what they do. Had my paperwork done quickly, and had me in my car and on my way. The car was immaculate and ran beautifully as it should. The experience at 3 am returning the car was as it was when I took the car.

I booked the car with Advantage to save a few dollars, I did save a little money and got the best service and experience ever renting a car... You could pay more to be treated at best average at the bigger named car rental but I highly recommend Advantage on your next planned trip. Good job to the Newark crew, you guys were great!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

After a horrible experience at another counter, I went to the Advantage counter to rent a car. It took about 15 minutes to get in and out. The young man, Theo, that assisted me was very personable and kind, he went above and beyond in providing the best customer service and definitely has the temperament for the job. I appreciated his service and Advantage for the rental. Thanks Theo! You made my day!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I have rented a great deal of cars in my life, and none have ever broken down. I rented this car at FLL to go to my grandfather's funeral. I picked up the car on 9/19. The car had a few times that it would have trouble starting during the week and finally, on the morning we were supposed to leave to go to the airport, it would not turn on at all. Everything on the inside of the car, radio and lights, worked so we knew it wasn't the battery. We heard the tell-tale clicking sound that is indicative of a blown starter. I called the 800 number for Advantage and received a generic customer service representative who refused to transfer me to the local advantage dealer and told me that it was my responsibility to have the car towed with my insurance. If they had to tow the car, they were going to charge me roadside assistance.

Rather than deal with them, I had the car towed and hitched a ride to the airport. Two days later, I had a charge on my card for GAS of $61.13 because the car was not driveable to take it to a gas station. I called Advantage to try to work it out with them, they gave me a confirmation number of my complaint and then never called me back. Finally, I disputed the transaction with my credit card company. They never offered me a partial refund for the time I was unable to drive the car or to reimburse my expenses in association with getting the car towed or getting a ride to the airport. I have NEVER had this experience with a rental car company and would NEVER rent from them again.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I rented a small, energy efficient car. When I arrived at the office they told me only a Chevy Suburban was available unless I paid an additional $98 for a Toyota Rav. Several weeks later I was charged for highway tolls, which was fine. Apparently, the company offers a service for automatic payment of tolls. I was never told about this option, and Advantage tacked on an additional $50. Do not rent from this company. They engage in bait and switch and have hidden fees.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advantage Rent-A-Car?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Do not use this car rental. I use them from 9-6-2017 to 9-8-2017. They put a hold of $300 on my card... This took me 28 days to get the hold off. Then I check my accounts on the 30th of the same month, and I see that they took another $225 out of my account. So, I call them and they tell me that they had a problem with their system when they try to take out the tolls. The problem with that is, I signed up to have the toll bill mail to me and my tolls was not $225. Now, they tell me that it was a mistake with their system and it will be back in my account in 3-7 days. On top of all this... The car was not clean and the mirror was broke. This place should be shut down.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

My sister and I visited Maui on Sept 13, 2017- Sept 24th. We had chosen Advantage Rent a Car because the price they advertised was considerably lower than their competitors. We waited a long time in a big line with only two employees checking people in. We are in our 60's and 70's and when it was our turn the young man told us that the compact car we had reserved was no longer available and that we had signed something that said "or the manager's special" and that we would be getting a rather old looking minivan. Parking spaces in Hawaii are tiny. He knew we didn't want a minivan so he offered to upgrade us to a VW beetle for an extra $20 a night. My sister beckoned me over and I insisted that he give us something comparable to the compact. Then he said for us he would give us the VW for only an extra $7/ night. I continued to object, saying this is not what we agreed to and that this was unacceptable.

I was not nasty but clearly not happy and holding up the line. I repeated that we were not satisfied and he said "that's okay, that's fine." I got the impression that he was used to people not being real happy. Finally he threw in "or a small SUV" for the 7$ and we jumped on it. It ended up costing almost as much as the Hertz or Alamo would have been and nobody escorted us to the car or checked for scratches, etc. I think that this employee chose people he thought would not know what to do and tried to get more money from us (two older women). Later, when we dug out the agreement my sister had signed that the contract said "manager's special, something comparable to reserved car". I do not consider a minivan equivalent to a compact car or a VW beetle. The small SUV we ended up with ran well but was dusty and scratched.

We took pictures so they would try to charge us later for something we didn't do. A very unpleasant start to what was supposed to be a fun vacation. The employee, (wish I had his name) was not at all concerned that we did not walk out happy. He was borderline rude. We will never, never use this company again. The other name they go by was EZ which is a joke. They should be called out for trying to scam customers. They should call themselves DIS-Advantage.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Staff at Chicago Airport location told me my reservation would not cover me if I broke down. I queried this but she insisted. Coerced me into paying even more money. Car was also supposed to be provided with a full tank of fuel, it was less than half a tank. Booked through https://www.holidayautos.co.uk.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I made 3-day rental car reservation with Advantage (through Orbitz) in NYC two weeks ahead of time. At the time I made the reservation I purchased collision insurance ($27) for the rental period. I also read the "fine print" of the rental agreement, which stated that a car rental company, particularly when renting "locally," may require the rental customer to purchase additions "supplemental liability insurance (SBI)" at the time of pick-up; I was quite prepared to do this if needed.

When I arrived to pick the car and handed the attendant my NY driver's license and credit card, I was told that they WOULD NOT rent a car to me because I don't have my own auto liability insurance. I explained that I was aware of the policy and prepared to purchase the required insurance. I was told they did not sell it, and WOULD NOT rent me a car... "Sorry!" Do I have to go into just how P-Oed I was?? This is THE WORST CAR RENTAL COMPANY IN THE WORLD. YOU HAVE TO BE A MORON TO RENT FROM ADVANTAGE!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

When I picked up the car, they charged me extra money for the insurance without telling me. They placed a $200 hold on my account, plus the price of the rental. They informed me that if I had to extend the rental it would be deducted from the $200 hold. When I called to extend the rental, they then double charged my account for the extra two days. When I called them to have the charges reversed, they told me there was nothing they could do for me. I canceled the car and went with a better company. I will NEVER use this company again!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

To start, this whole ordeal I am furious about happened 5 months ago, so please forgive me if the details I am sharing with you are not as fresh and clear in my mind as they could be. Anyways... My story begins when I decided to rent a car at Logan Airport from Advantage because I found a great deal online. I took Uber to pick up my rental car and used the address provided online for Advantage (100 Tomahawk Dr). Long story short, the Uber driver and I did circles around the airport for a half an hour trying to find where I go to check in and fill out the paperwork. When I did find the Advantage counter I was greeted with friendly service even though I was clearly in a hurry.

When signing the contract, I remember making sure I prepaid for gas (I have been burned badly before for returning a car a little below a full tank). Moreover, I remember asking the Advantage employee I had been chatting with what I should do about tolls. When she told me with a smile to worry about them after my trip to CT, I naively assumed that I would have to pay for the tolls/would have the toll charges on my final receipt/bill when I returned the car. When I did return the car, I carefully looked over the bill and found nothing unusual except for some random fees. Overall though, I was satisfied.

Fast forward five months later... I have a charge for $170 in my checking account. I immediately assumed it was fraudulent but my bank did want me to contact Advantage to gather more info so I did. To my surprise, the Advantage customer service rep told me that the charge was for *you guessed it* TOLLS! He said I accrued a $25 fee for every toll I went through. Thinking he would waive the charges after I explained my story (including how it had been five months since I rented), he would not budge an inch. Now I plan on exposing this company because of this horrific experience... This could get ugly. - A very unhappy customer.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Rented a car for 5 days at Atlanta Hartsfield airport. The cost of rental $107.00. I was told at pick up desk that I was getting a free upgrade and I signed the contract. Upon return of the car, I was told the final bill was $296.00. When questioning the difference, I found they added a mileage package for $20.00 a day. I DID NOT ask for or need a mileage package.

When calling customer service, I was advised I signed the contract and was knowledgeable of the cost. I explained that I was at fault for not reading the contract and that I had become complacent as I usually get what is economically feasible. They provided a service I did not need and I ask that they correct the error. Had they explained they were adding the mileage package at the time of purchase, I would have advised them that it was not needed. I was told it was a contract that I signed and I have no recourse. I could have taken Limousine service much cheaper. It seems that Advantage would rather lose a customer than to correct the error made. I will never use them again and I advise everyone else to stand there and read contract before signing irregardless how long the lines are. I will also make every attempt to dispute this bill once it come out on my credit card.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Fly vacation to Orlando, we rented a car from Advantage which was suppose to be a Toyota Camry or similar full size car. The cost of the rental was $201.94 for the 6 days. When I reached the rental counter, I was informed that they didn't have a Camry or similar rental that I would need to rent something else, the lady at the counter said “I can get you in something better for $10 a day more” and I told her I wanted a similar vehicle like I was told online and she said she didn't have anything else so I agreed to pay the additional $10 per day. Then she added several other things to which I was not properly informed that these charges would come to a total of $361.09.

I have tried to reach someone to complain about the charges and have not heard from anyone to date. I will never rent from this company again. Very unhappy with the service and treatment I received from this company and I don't recommend them to anyone. I also put down a deposit on the original rental and they didn't even credit me that $20.55 deposit so I'm also out of an additional $20.55.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Have to say I am really proud of the way you can rip off your customers without them even knowing. I am from Ohio and have no idea how the E-ZPass works. So you left the one in my rental on, when I denied it on my agreement and even though I paid for my tolls received a charge to my account for $27.25 for using the box. A person explained to me that it was on and showed me how to turn off. What a gimmick you have going on. Will NEVER rent from you again... no matter how good your prices are. You just make up for the lower prices with all your add-ons that no one is aware of. Thanks a lot.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017
    I arrived at Advantage Rent A Car at Fort Lauderdale Airport on 7/24/17. Upon arrival there was one agent present (Hollemcia) at the counter. My husband and I approached the counter where I gave the agent my name because the car was reserved by me. The agent asked for my driver's license and my credit card.

She also asked if I would need insurance and I declined. I always decline whenever I'm offered insurance by rent a car companies because I have vehicle insurance and my credit card also provides insurance.

Thereafter, I was guided by Hollemcia as she was viewing a computer screen where I should initial/sign on an electronic pad that was displayed on the top of the counter. My husband and I picked up the car and left. The car was returned the following day on 7/2517. I asked for a return print out/receipt and was told that it would be sent to my email. I have yet to receive it. A couple days after I noticed that my credit card have been charged $109.05 for Collision Damage Waiver after I declined such when asked by the agent.

I called Advantage for 2 consecutive days; numerous times to no avail. I was rather frustrated because I'm calling a business and no one is picking up the phone. The calls would go to a full mailbox therefore I was unable to leave a message. Finally, after calling for 3 days I got someone there. I had multiple phone conversations with the staff including a manager from Advantage and was told by the manager that I signed the contract so the money would not be put back into my account.

There was also a conference call amongst myself, the manager (Advantage) and a representative from my credit card company. The manager from Advantage insisted that I signed the contract and that was that! The manager also stated that I returned the car late so the $109.05 was a late return fee. So, the fee went from an insurance fee to a late return fee. Such inaccuracy! I would love to be able to play the tape from the surveillance camera that they have on site to the public so people can hear/see how dishonest/deceitful they are at Advantage Rent A Car. My credit card company gave me a temporary refund.

However I have since received a letter from them that the $109.05 have been reversed because Advantage provided documentation that I agreed to the insurance by initiating that section. Advantage Rent A Car is a BIG rip off! The employees there take advantage of their customers and the name says it all! 'ADVANTAGE' They tell the customers what and where to initial and sign on the electronic pad and then charge your card for what you have already verbally declined! Customers please be very aware of their shifty tactics! They are scammers!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Rented a car from Advantage for one day back in April and went from NJ to Boston and back. Yes I've used toll road for which everything was automated and no toll collectors, so I was expecting to be billed but what really upset me is the $25 dollars "administration" bill PER TOLL!!!! Is completely a rip off that for two tolls of $3.50 each I'm being charged $57.00 dollar on my card: $7 dollars worth of tolls and $50.00 DOLLARS FOR ADMINISTRATION FEES, THIS IS OBSCENE! I'm OK to being charged some extra fees but this is price gouging out of control for which government should take a look at.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

On July 11, 2017 rented a car for a week. Gentleman was training 2 employees said "today is your lucky day. We are upgrading you to an infinity at no extra charge." Total was $410.26. Paper work signed and paid in full. Returned car with full tank of gas. I get my credit card bill. In they charged my card 7/17/17 an additional $299.48. This is actually stealing from me by charging my credit card without my consent. Contacted business phone lines in Denver kept saying mailbox is full. Called corporate spoke with Pedro 8/22/17. Told me a ticket was created **. 800-777-5500. Someone would contact me 2 weeks later still no reply back. I did dispute charges with my credit card company. I will never use Advantage for car rental.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I am at a loss for words at the level of service received from Advantage Car rentals/Europcar. I had pre-booked my rentals online for both Las Vegas and Washington. The Washington experience is where my nightmare began. My unfortunate experience emanates from the following: the inexperienced consultant behind the counter was either improperly trained or had no life in him. Alternatively it could be that he ran the Airport branch at Washington entirely on his own. Nonetheless it took over an hour before I was served. At that point the queue behind me had backed up considerably.

Once I reached him, I asked him what vehicle I would get and he mentioned a sedan, one of which was a Ford focus. I asked if there wasn't an SUV like a Hyundai Tucson and he said this would be at an additional fee of $25. All this was happening while he clearly had my booking details on his screen. I then presented a copy of my booking which said "Toyota Rav4 or similar" - my thinking is that a Ford focus is far from an SUV. He then said "Oh yes we can do a Hyundai Tucson". I was brought up not to lie but clearly this fellow was not of the same upbringing.

After an hour delay I left and drove to NY where the vehicle was meant to be dropped off. Due to the delay I had no opportunity to refuel. I had taken this option at Las Vegas for around $50 but didn't expect this consultant to delay me by an hour. After handing over the keys with a quarter tank, I soon received an invoice for over $100 as a fuel cost at a rate of $8,99 per gallon which is over 3 times the normal fuel cost. To me this is theft and a complete disregard for customer centricity. Again the consultant nowhere explained that the cost per gallon would be $8,99 should I not refuel. By the way the fuel cost was almost double the actual car rental cost.

I trusted the Europcar brand and have used it for both business and pleasure in my beautiful country South Africa and abroad. Under the Advantage Rent-A-Car emblem I can say that I am hugely disappointed. I would like a fair fuel rate to be charge which would be around the $50 mark. I will also be escalating this matter and using social media where possible to reveal the robbery I have undergone and urging all to reconsider Europcar and Advantage as service providers.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Do not rent from these thieves. I rented a minivan from Priceline cheaper, I went to JFK airport to Advantage car rental and they refused to give me the car under excuses of insurance liabilities. Yes man you pay more you go. They make spams.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

August 2016 rented car in Ft Lauderdale from Advantage. Had a very limited fender bender. Actually nothing was bent, just paint on both cars. I did pay for the insurance options to cover any accident. I used my American Express card to rent vehicle. They covered cost of other cars paint, no problem. After months of Emails, phone calls and faxing pictures, I found that Advantage rental company would only cover cost what exceeded MY insurance company limit $300,000.00.

Then we could not get any estimates. They would contact my insurance company in the future. My insurance company said they would take care of costs... End of story... NOT. I just recently found that Advantage charged my insurance company over $3000.00 and another $1000.00 for time lost for the accident. Too much time has past to investigate costs from repair shop, if I could even get that info. STAY AWAY FROM ADVANTAGE RENT-A-CAR-- ALSO INSURANCE COVERAGE IS ALL A GIMMICK!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

My wife and I contracted an Advantage Rent-A-Car via Orbitz for four days starting August 9th at Denver Airport. The rental amount was $356.59 for a Toyota Camry or similar car for driving to Aspen Colorado. When we checked in at Advantage, the rental agent told me that because we were driving up to Aspen through Independence Pass, the Toyota Camry would not make it as it would overheat and we needed to be upgraded to a larger vehicle. He upgraded me to a Nissan Pathfinder and printed a contract for $1,089.00. I told him that this was insane to be upcharged $733.00. He then told me that if I returned the car before 7:30 PM on Saturday, which we did, the charge would be $599.10 which was still $242.51 more than the original contract. Mind you the only reason I agreed to the larger car was that I was lied to that the Camry or equivalent would not work.

Upon driving through Independence Pass, I saw many small cars including Volkswagen Beetles. When I got to Aspen I was told that I had been blatantly lied to by the Advantage agent. In trying to reach them at least six times, I was put on hold for a very long time, was told they would get back to me and I never heard back. I will never ever deal with them again. They are the sleaziest bunch of liars I have ever dealt with.

Original review: July 29, 2017

7/5/2017. My advice if you rent a car from this company "ADVANTAGE Rent-A-Car" at Nashville Int'l Airport. I approached the Advantage counter to pick up the contract and keys of a car that already paid in advance online. I had the bad luck to met an employee called Shae, "in charge" of taking care of customer rentals. That was exactly what she didn't do.

After she makes me wait for an hour of my time for the rental term start, in a very bad manners, asked for my DL and CC. While I was pulling my credit card of my wallet, she demanded for my Driver ID. In a good tone and without being rude, I said: "let me do one thing at the time please." She insisted, and when I handed the ID, she said that "Im not going to rent you a car." I asked "Why?" She replied "because I just canceled your reservation" and in that very same moment, ripped off the credit card form and printed contract, gave me back my credit card and refused to follow up with the transaction. I was shocked, because I didn't see any red flag in our conversation, we didn't even had a discussion!

Since she let me know that I didn't have any options, I asked for a manager, or, another employee to retrieve the car that I had already paid, then she said "leave the counter or I will call the Airport Police." I asked "Why?" and she replied: "leave the counter or I will call the Airport Police." So, without any word I left and I went online, and I called the Company "Advantage Rent-A-Car" and waited for an hour on the phone to be answer by someone at customer service (they never did answered). Meanwhile, when I was on hold, I managed to book a car with another company (Budget) without any problems!

I lived 21 years in Nashville, rented thousands cars and I never had such amazing experience with any company. From now on, I will make sure, to not rent ever again from "ADVANTAGE Rent-A-Car" in Nashville or any other place in the planet earth! And I will certainly pay attention to don't meet anywhere this poor, untrained, lower class employee with nerves irritation, called SHAE.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Was given a $219 dollar quote (plus $85 dollar charge for GPS for a total of $304 dollars) at the travel agency and when I returned the vehicle, I was charged over $400 dollars which included a charge for their collision waiver insurance that I TOLD the attendant that we did not need. After bringing this to their attention, the manager removed the charges from the rental and returned the $45 dollars to my card. A week later, I see another charge for highway tolls that totaled $14.55 and Advantage billed me a $125 dollar admin fee on top of that. Overall total was $519 dollars from a $304 dollar quote. All of these additional fees were not explained upfront and the attendants were rude with one of them telling me to go back and talk to the travel agent for an explanation on why I was charged over $200 dollars extra. I will never use these guys again.

Original review: July 26, 2017

We were asked if we wanted a toll meter in car. We were never told that we would be billed via car tag. Three months later we were charged $67.40 for tolls. We were never told that there would be no toll booths. We have never had a good experience with this car co. This was their last chance not matter how low the price.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I am so disappointed in the service I received today from Advantage Rent A Car. To start off, when I arrived at the kiosk the car I had reserved online was not available. I was very confused but the lady at the kiosk (Sandy) seemed very accustomed to this type of thing happening. She made several phone calls and was finally able to get us the car we initially reserved online. Now comes the worst part. This is a family trip so I had wanted a bigger vehicle when considering rentals. I specifically called Advantage Rent A Car to find out the specific policy for the Ford Transit van I was interested in. The agent I spoke to online assured me that no additional insurance coverage was needed and that I could apply my full coverage policy through State Farm, to cover the Ford Transit van.

I had a little back and forth with Sandy at the kiosk because I explained to her just this. I felt very frustrated because I felt like I was being treated like an idiot basically not knowing the policies and procedures to rent this van and on top of that, being told something completely different than what I was initially told. We settled on getting the rental without insurance. I then called customer service and was placed on hold for 14 min by Pablo who when I told was was happening, simply said "You know sometimes these things happen". He then proceeded to place me on that 14 min hold because I requested to speak to a supervisor and was then told by Pablo that one was not available and that I should wait for a call back to the driver on the reservation's phone (my husband James **).

After this, we went up to pick up the rental only to wait an additional 30 min for the van that was just sitting there while I saw dozens of other customers leave in their rentals. We only got the van after finally waiting 30 min because we went back to the pick up window to ask where the van was to then be told that they were waiting for it to be brought. One of the car pick up guys asked what was up and asked if the van that was sitting literally right in front of us was the one we're waiting for... Which it was. They sort of laughed it off and asked if they wanted the van driver to us or if we just wanted to take it, which we did. This is a family trip with many small kids who sat on a plane for 3 hours to then also have to stand in a hot parking lot and deal with this. On top of all of this, we called our insurance to then be told that we would indeed be covered. I am very dissatisfied with the service and plan on taking this complaint all the way up to corporate.

Original review: July 25, 2017

Terrible experience. Front-desk employee pushed me to purchase a toll pass for duration of week, even though I repeatedly and forcefully told him that I wouldn't need it (I was on business, staying in the same suburb that my week-long meetings were located). The Advantage employee wouldn't accept no for an answer and finally I just caved when he told me that if I didn't use the toll pass I'd be able to refund it after returning the car. This was explicitly stated.

Lo and behold, upon returning the car, (a different) Advantage employee looked at me like I had three heads when I indicated that I expected to be refunded the value of the toll pass. I was directed toward a customer support line, where I waited for an hour, explained my situation to multiple people, and was told that they would call me back. Days later, no such call has happened. Furthermore, I reserved a compact car but was given a truck, which meant that I spent 30% more on fuel than I expected to.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I reserved a car with Advantage at Newark Airport and traveled there from Manhattan to pick it up. When I arrived the woman at the counter said she would not rent me the car unless I had proof on paper that I had car insurance. She falsely insisted that this "requirement" had been sent on the online reservation confirmation. I had a printout of the confirmation, and of course there was no such thing on it. The woman refused to rent us the car. So I went over to Budget and rented one with no problem. Which is no surprise since I have absolutely no red flags - just a normal customer. My question is, how can these Advantage jokers stay in business?

Original review: July 14, 2017

All I wanted to do was change the pickup time, it came out wrong when I rec. the reservation. You wait on hold for very long periods of time. If and when you finally reach a person they tell you they can't even change the time. That I need to call my agent! Who even uses a agent these days? I told them I did it online at the website. She still can't help me, so I guess my only options are to cancel most likely with a charge, or wait 8 hours in the office till pickup time. Never use them again.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I reserved a full-size car with Advantage through Hotwire. When I picked up the car at Fort Lauderdale Airport, it had manual windows and manual door locks. What car nowadays has these primitive features? No car rental company should be allowed to rent a car in the United States without electronic windows and door locks. Will never rent from them again. Hotwire should discontinue their contract with Advantage.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Wait time to get to the Advantage rental counter was over an hour. Once at the counter Advantage's agent, Jessica declined to enter my insurance information saying she didn't need it because she trusted me. When she printed out my charges they were almost $200 higher than listed in my reservation. When asked about each charge her only answer was "these are the fees you must pay or don't take the car". I had been in their office for nearly 1 1/2 hours and didn't want to leave without a car. On further examination the "fee" for $185.43 was insurance Jessica had added then told me I was declining it under her guidance at checkout on the credit card interface.

Customer service assured me they would have a Denver manager call me within 24 hours. I have called customer service multiple times over the past week and still no call. Their office is full of surveillance cameras which will show me trying to give Jessica my insurance information from my cell phone but apparently, they only use this when it's to their advantage. On top of this the car was filthy inside & out. It appears at the least the Denver/DIA office participates in or at least condones deceptive trade practices. It's worth paying a few extra dollars at another agency to avoid this scam, hopefully then you will have a chance at a clean car, reasonable lines and actually paying the amount quoted to you on your reservation.

Advantage Rent-A-Car Company Information