Advantage Rent-A-Car

Compare Rental Cars

Research top Rental Cars recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I rented a vehicle from the JFK location in New York and requested a car seat. The cost was $70 for a week. My primary complaint, aside from the poor and disorganized service at most of their locations, is that the car seat was stored in an old metal shed adjacent to the location where they clean out the cars. This particular area was a real mess due to the nature of the work being done there. There were garbage cans overflowing at each car service area (4 in total I believe) and with this mess comes not just paper but food and soft drink spillage. As mentioned earlier the 'storage' shed for the car seats is adjacent to this area. It struck me that the shed, with all of its various car seats simply thrown in there was a prime location for vermin to frequent. The seat we received did have food remnants on it.

Additionally, the car seat was in such poor condition that we almost refused it but did not want to endanger our child even on what could have been a short trip to a retail store to purchase a new one. It took us 20 minutes to clean and unravel the belts and seat cover - no one there offered to help. We had to 'rig' the belts to fasten them so the seat would not tip forward in a sudden stop. Unacceptable conditions for something the public relies upon for their children. First, there should be a law and policing for the proper condition of child seats provided by any rental agency and second, there should be some oversight by the health department as to the storage and cleanliness of child seats. Shame on you Advantage and shame on you New York State - the fees and taxes you charge should guarantee cleanliness and safety.

As a matter of fact I knew of bad reputation of Advantage Rent a Car and I reserved a car in Fort Lauderdale airport with Europcar: for my surprise the rental agency turned out to be Advantage. It took over 2 hours to complain with all absurd requests (including a copy of my private car insurance faxed to him) of the agent Mr. **, uncooperative and tricky.

Tired from a 20 hours fly, I finally accepted to change all conditions of the reservation: limited mileage where the reservation specify unlimited mileage. Agreed and signed for 200 Dollars rental deposit and I found he charged another 150 for eventual road violations!! To be refund in 21 days after rental end. He put time to return earlier than the time of rental and finally the car had virtually no rubber left on the tires making it extremely dangerous to drive. As a good note must say that the Advantage agent in the parking lot promptly and kindly change the car with a better one, dirty but in good conditions.

I rented a vehicle in Boston Massachusetts Logan airport. On my way the airport to return the vehicle I used my Apple iPad as my GPS to take me to their location. As I was in a rush I left the iPad in the vehicle on the passenger side on the floor. For those who do not know this Airport, You have to catch a shuttle bus to drop you at the terminals, which is 3 to 5 minutes depends. As I was reaching the TSA I proceeded to removed my electronics, I realized that the iPad was left in the vehicle. I immediately called the ADVANTAGE RENT A CAR. No one pick up the phone. I immediately downloaded an app on my phone using Boston phone number, they picked the phone. Once I attempted to inform them that I left my iPad in the vehicle the call dropped. I called them back more than 25 times. They never pick up the phone.

Two days after trying over and over to get hold on them, a local agent in Orlando answered the phone. She stated that she will contact the Logan airport and she would call me back. They call 5 hours later to inform me that my iPad was not found. However I handed the car key to one of their employee who I believe removed my iPad. It is lamentable to see that I have filed a police report. This person who have my property will be prosecuted should my property be found.

Do not, I repeat DO NOT rent from this Advantage. First of all, when we got our rental car that day, the whole inside was soaking wet because they left the windows down during a thunderstorm. When we went back to request a new dry vehicle, we were told that this was the only one available and that it would "eventually dry out for us". NO apology. NOT GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. Secondly, they tack on a bunch of additional charges and refuse to explain them to you in detail initially when you rent the car.

I rented in Denver, and I really was not familiar with the area, with toll areas, etc. The employee helping me stated that I shouldn't run into tolls around where I was planning to drive, so I did not add the toll service coverage. Fast forward 5 months later (I rented a car in June, and it is now November) I noticed additional charges on my checking account from advantage in Denver. I called Advantage to speak with a representative regarding these charges, and the answer I received was "it appears that you went through a toll area and you did not have toll coverage".

I explained that the representative that set me up with the rental car in June had stated that I did not need toll coverage since I was staying in the Denver area. The representative on the phone stated that he was sorry that this occurred, but I should have inquired specifically where the toll areas were to begin with. I guess I should have asked for a road map of tolls??? I also was upset because this charge should have been added months ago, especially when I rented the car in June!!! Terrible company. Terrible customer service. Terrible contracts. Terrible cars. Advantage really DOES take FULL advantage of their customers. I will never rent from this company again. Beware!!!

Booked a car through Priceline from Advantage Rent-A-Car. When I went to the airport to pick up the car they told me that I had to have my own car insurance, from my own car. If I had a car I wouldn't be renting one. They did not let me get the car, I could not travel and take care of a very important situation that I had to deal with. Awful, amateurs, unprofessional and unreasonable. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HAVE ANY PROBLEMS, STAY AWAY FROM ADVANTAGE RENT A CAR!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advantage Rent-A-Car?

I rented an economy car, which wasn't very nice, at Dallas, for 2 days for $34/day. After all of the added fees, my bill came to $113.71. I was told they required a deposit of $200 which would be held until I returned the car safely. I returned the car within the stated time in the same condition that I received it. Nothing was said about my $200 and I assumed that it was never charged to my account.

However, on returning home, I checked my credit card account online and found that they had charged my account with $313.71. I immediately called and was given the run-around, couldn't get customer service, but was finally able to talk to a manager. She informed me that was the standard practice and that my $200 would be refunded in 3-7 days. I find this very unethical to use my money without my authority. I demanded that it be credited the following day, but was told that it would take 3-7 days. These people are crooks and should not be allowed to do business that way. Please, if you read this, find another company. I have rented from many other companies and never had anything like this happen before.

I had reserved a rental car with Advantage thru carrentals.com. I prepaid to get the best rate. When I arrived to the rental car counter I stood in line for thirty minutes to find out they were out of cars. I was given an immediate refund and was told to go the Alamo counter. I was told to keep my receipt/contract and when I returned my car at the airport to come and speak with a member of management about getting a refund for the difference. I followed the advice of the Advantage team member upon return and stood in line again for thirty minutes to be told there was not a manager on duty and to call a 1-888 number. I did so the following day.

Spoke with a very rude customer service person who told that I should have never been told to call because they don't refund a difference when they are out of cars on a prepaid agreement. She gave me the managers name and number on site at the Atlanta airport who took my information and I submitted my receipts and the difference of approx $100 to rent a car last minute with Alamo. Two weeks and three emails later, no response and no refund. Needless to say I don't recommend them or will use them EVER again.

I have rented from Advantage Rent A Car several times. Every single time I have rented from them, I always have always had an issue with the tire pressure indicator coming on during the course of my rental. For the first time, I simply filled the tires with air, and the tire pressure indicator would come on and off. I returned the car and let them know of the issue. The second time I rented from them, the same issue with the tire pressure indicator steady on, but because of my first experience having to constantly fill the tires, I immediately went back to their office to switch out the car.

The third time I rented from them -- it was a terrifying experience. I was driving the rental car down the Tampa highway when all of a sudden the car started shaking and vibrating. The tire pressure indicator blinked on and off (more like flashing on and off). I immediately pulled to the side of the road to check the tires, but all four tires seemed ok. Then I went back onto the highway to get to the nearest exit, and less than a minute later, the front driver side tire blew out. I almost hit another car trying to swerve into the median. The tire was completely shredded. And I know for a fact that I did not run over any potholes, and I know I did not run over anything because I would have felt it (unless it was a nail, but I think the issue with the vibrating meant there was something wrong with the alignment).

I had to wait 1 hour (with my child in the car) for AAA to arrive and have the car towed to the nearest Advantage office, which was over 50 miles away. This is what I truly believe: Advantage does not maintain the tires on their rental cars. Maybe they even buy cheap used tires to replace the worn out ones. Maybe they even patch up the holes in their tires, hoping their customers will eat the bill for new ones so they don't have to pay. Also, they don't do a good job of cleaning their cars. I found a man's undergarment underneath the front passenger seat and Burger King wrappers stuffed in the glove compartment from the previous renters.

3 weeks later I get a bill from them demanding $107 to cover the tire replacement. I call Advantage and I tell them that they failed to maintain the tires and I was given a rental car with a faulty defective tire. They tell me I still have to pay them because the tire was damaged during my use of the car. They did not tell me this when I returned the car with the towing company witnessing. Also, when I filled out their incident report, they told me nothing about having to pay for the tire.

NEVER AGAIN. I am never renting from Advantage Rent A Car again. They put my life and my daughter's life in danger by failing to maintain their rental car tires. I have never ever had an issue with Hertz, Avis, or Budget in regards to renting cars. Only Advantage. Do yourself a favor and keep out of danger by not renting from Advantage Rent a Car. There is one thing I notice ---- Advantage Rent a Car does not have offices in any airports near me. I notice when I rent from car rental agencies in the airport, I don't have tire pressure problems with the rental cars. Maybe Advantage Rent a Car is offsite for a reason that I am unaware of. I do not trust this company. I can't be the only one who has experienced this with Advantage Rent A Car and I hope other people come forward as well.

I rented a car from Advantage at Logan Airport in Boston. After discussing my travel plans with the attendant, she informed me I would need an EZPass since none of the roads would take cash to pay tolls. They provide these devices for $18.99 per day. ALL of the roads I drove accepted cash for tolls!! I was charged over $110 for less than $15 in tolls. When I called to complain, I was given the number to the Boston office. No one answered and no one returned my call. I have no doubt this is a scam they train their people in.

Prices supposed to be lower but they charge much more than other. First time I rented and I will never rent again. I book on CheapOair whole package vacations included the vehicle rental. I rented 4 days small SUV which smell bad. I returned they charged me more than $600. Too many fees for everything. I have paid much less in other companies.

Fraudulent company that conveniently explained charges "incorrectly", and added charges without our knowledge or consent, resulting in an additional $200 coming out of pocket. We weren't made aware of the charges until after turning the vehicle in. When we contacted the actual Honolulu office about the charges, we were given rude attitude and poor treatment. The location manager, named Siva, hung up on me TWICE, stating she had actual people to help and wasn't going to waste her time on me. Stay far away from these scammers. It's easy to see where their company name comes from, as they take advantage of their customers. Pay a little extra and go to a different rental company.

This was my worst experience EVER EVER of car rental. We do not own a car so we often use car rentals and we travel frequently where we also rent cars. We made our reservation through hotwire and got this company I never heard of, I thought this must be a new company so the experience is going to be awesome... NOT. Got to the LGA location 30 minutes before my reservation, place was packed and a lot of unhappy people. I was observing people getting turned down, I was surprised because these people had reservations.

When I got my turn, a good 45 minutes after my arrival at the place, this lady goes with an attitude "rental insurance?" I showed her my rental insurance bought, she turned around to the worker by her side they smile and then proceeds to tell me. "Your rental is cancelled, you need to own a car with insurance and use that insurance, company policy." I told her "sell me an insurance", the response was they do not do that. I said "I have a credit card," she said no. And then went "NEXT." I told her "hold on I have questions". She went with an attitude of shaking her head and waving with hands that I was not getting any car and I would get full refund and went like crazy... "NEXT NEXT". Very very disrespectful and unfriendly.

I called hotwire and not even them were aware of this insurance policy. Went on Advantage website no where is this policy stated. AVOID THIS COMPANY!!! I would give a -5 if possible. We had to be in CT by 10 and needed the car on Sunday. We were able to get a car from another rental for 3 times the price obviously and not for 2 days.

Very poor experience with Advantage Car Rental at the Honolulu Airport location. Picked up a car $12 a day for three days not $36, but $86. They charged me to refill the car upon its return at $8.66 a gallon although it only had three quarters of a tank when they gave it to me. Thank God I took pictures of the gas gauge with the OD reading, so now I get to fight with them about it. Probably will take me numerous phone calls, hang ups and no one will take care of it after several hours on the phone.

I also had a problem with their car and customer service and assistance was terrible. Nadine at the Honolulu location was terrible. Told me if anything happened to the car it was my responsibility, transmission, engine, etc. I would have to pay to fix it even if it wasn't my fault. They offered to send roadside assistance if I would pay $25 and $3.00 a mile from Honolulu, (I was on the north shore) probably $150 - 200 to try to fix a problem that the vehicle that it had when they gave me the car. I would have to wait 3-4 hours for them to come as well. Nice way to spend my last day in Hawaii. (Called AAA and they were very helpful, discovered and fixed the problem which was caused by the Advantage Car Rental mechanic putting a wrong part on the vehicle. Stay away, the little bit of savings is quickly lost in poor vehicles that break down, poor customer service, difficult automatic answering systems. Lost time, frustration and added costs.

I am giving one star because there is no way to give less. This company shouldn't exist. We waited two hours in the parking lot to get the car. They said they were upgrading us for free, but the car we got was smaller than the one we requested. Hurricane Matthew hit Orlando the day we were supposed to return the car. We called for hours and obviously they didn't pick up. We returned the car the next day. They charged us a full extra day for returning it late, however when we explained we called and they didn't pick up they responded with a smile and said: "of course, there was a hurricane, we didn't open, but you still have to pay for reigning the car late". As I review the comments, all over the web, I notice there is not even one that is positive. How can companies like these remain in business?

We booked a car at the NY JFK airport. When we arrived there was a huge line, people already pissed off. We stayed in line for more than 2 hours and when we finally got there the associate Lorrain ** said they didn't have the car we book (a SUV). She said we should wait another 1.5 hours for our car. The only alternative was for us to get a smaller car at the same price of the SUV. When we complained (pointing out that we have been waiting for more than 2 hours wasting an entire morning while not even getting what we booked and having to pay the same price for something smaller) she started yelling and being physically aggressive, punching her fists on the desk.

Her colleague arrived and started insulting me and my whole family and he said that if we had any complaints we should "go tell Obama" (please note he wasn't even present when the problem arised). He refused to give us his name. I asked for a manager and they said no one was there. I'm simply speechless at the whole experience. Stay away from them. Given the hundreds of negative reviews I'm surprised they are still in business.

Terrible customer service! SCAMMERS!!! Charging us $100USD for $5 in tolls. We were told by the agent that we could pay as we go and we specified we would be travelling to Tampa. We got the brick wall "policy" speech which really makes me mad! Every company needs to make exceptions if customer service is important to them. THESE PEOPLE DON'T CARE ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE. Called when we got home. Same "policy" speech. The agent was talking over me and wouldn't let me speak. NEVER use them again! Shame on you!

I was upgraded to a mid-size car which was much smaller than I had anticipated - a VW Jetta. After being up for 12 hours and another 4 hours to go driving I was not about to go back into the agent to complain as I was running on adrenaline by that time. The Sun was setting when I pulled out of the airport and the windows were caked with dirt inside and out, a film on it which made it hard to see front and back.

The car when we entered smelled like stake smoke also. I plugged in my Garmin which I had pre-programmed and followed the instructions. The cigarette lighter did not work nor did the back outlet so after 2 hours my Garmin battery died, right when I needed it most. I did have maps with so resorted back to them as it was getting dark, difficult. I spent the week with this under powered econobox. It did get good gas mileage but that was a small factor when the price of gas was hovering around $2.00 per gallon. Going to look elsewhere when renting my next car.

I rented a car from Advantage, thinking it was as advertised "At Reagan Airport". Turns out it is about 2 miles from the airport, in an iffy neighborhood. Since I didn't want to wait with my wife in this area for a 15-minute wait, and a 15 minute shuttle ride, I attempted to cancel the reservation, and go with a reputable Car Rental, actually on site at the airport. I called the number listed on the confirmation, and was told to go to the website. The website tells you to call the number where you made the reservation! Totally bogus cancellation policy, so they get to keep my money (stealing). Never Rent a car from Advantage, period.

This is the worst rental car company. We had a reservation for a car in San Francisco, finally arrived at the off-site small location and they had no car, could not tell us exactly when they would have a car, and especially the guy who worked there was extremely rude. It sounds like this is par for them. Do NOT do business with these people.

I rented an SUV through the Nashville airport for a family vacation. I picked up the vehicle around 9 pm the night before leaving on my trip. You never get the vehicle you sign up for... So I had a couple of choices and chose the larger SUV, a Kia Sorento. I had to cross two roads to a parking garage where I made my way to the 3rd booth and someone handed me keys through a small window for the car parked in stall #35! No one walked with me to the vehicle to inspect it. I left town at 8 am the next morning and after 3 hours into my drive, I heard a terrible noise that frightened me! My son-in-law said it sounded like a broken belt. So we exited the interstate to inspect the vehicle, afraid we might end up stranded. I had family about 45 miles further from us, so I asked them to wait on us since I wasn't sure what the problem was (but knew it was not a problem under the hood).

As I pulled into a gas station to meet them, they saw the driver's side underneath bumper was cracked and had been tied up with a plastic straw!!! It had broken loose and was flapping with the wind. I have time and date stamped pictures of the damage along with 6 witnesses. Since I knew there was no danger, we continued on our trip. When I returned the vehicle to Advantage at the Nashville airport, I told the attendant what had happened. She thanked me and I went on my way. More than SIX weeks later, I received a call from my car insurance agent asking me if everything was ok since there was a claim on my car and he hadn't heard from me. Come to find out, Advantage is filing a repair claim against my insurance company for damage I didn't cause!!! Apparently they don't know who did it since they don't seem to inspect their vehicles before and after rentals.

My insurance company will deny the claim since it is $950 and I have a $1000 deductible. Advantage never contacted me to ask any questions or let me know they were turning this claim over to my insurance company. I have tried to call and never reach a person. I emailed someone in the corporate office and never heard back from him. If they try to turn this claim over to collections I will file a lawsuit against them! It is terrible that a company would mistreat their customers and take advantage of them (especially someone trying to do the right thing by reporting prior damage I discovered and did not cause)!!! I still have all my documentation, photos, etc. I will NEVER rent a car from this company again... and will think twice about renting any car after this situation. ALL RENTERS BEWARE! DO NOT RENT FROM THIS SNEAKY, UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY!!!

When I went to the EZ counter no one was in and then someone finally came by and directed me to Advantage who I guess runs EZ. He asked if I wanted insurance. I told him "no". I was fully covered with Allstate. The agent put a hash mark on a check list and asked me to initial 7 or so blanks to waive insurance, It had been a long flight and all I wanted to do was get to hotel. I didn't take the time to read the fine print and just initialed as I was directed. Come to find out they have purposely hidden charges and unclear services in their contract. So rather than declining half the initials are accepting other services. Including a couple of different insurance options that I had told the agent I didn't want.

It was classic upsell with confusing forms and terms, dropped when the customer is vulnerable, And not even close to the bid I had purchased through Travelocity. It is set up in such a way I have to believe it is company policy not just this agent. The bill seemed higher than I remembered, but I was in a hurry. It wasn't till later when comparing to my original bid that they had added insurance charges including claiming the agents hash mark was my initials.

I tried to contact customer service. Complete joke. Kept getting "please hold a agent will be with you". Tried back multiple times same result. Finally decided to wait them out. Sat on hold for 1 hour and was disconnected by them. Left an email still no contact. Contacted Visa to dispute the charges, thought they might have better luck. He couldn't get through either and declined payment. Then they replied only to claim the agents mark was my initials. End result Buyer Beware, don't believe what counter agent says to your face, read all small print and don't pay till they get it right. Realize what "Advantage" stands for. I would give them 1 star but the car itself and pick up and drop off staff did a good job.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER AGAIN!!! DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY. IT WOULD COULD YOUR LIFE. You pay for what you get. I rented a vehicle and once I got on the road in a city I was unfamiliar with I could hardly go 40 miles an hour without the entire car shaking, and a thumping loud noise. I thought the whole front end was going to fall off. I've never experience this in my life!!! I was so scared of trucks were gonna run me over because I was afraid of pulling over before I could find a safe exit and not knowing where the heck I was getting off at. I was frightened and scared.

All the company compensated for was $30.00 off and an upgrade. The car I was upgraded to the tires sounded so loud at a high speed. Passengers had to yell loudly for me to hear them, no music on. Ridiculous. I did not read the review before, boy am I sorry. Never again. I'll pay a higher price for reliability, much more worth it. Back to Avis or Budget.

My rental experience was OK, until I got back. As is always the case, the car rental company charged an extra $200. This is OK. Unfortunately, when they "refunded" my $200, they actually charged my account $200. When I called, they said they refunded, and if it was charged instead, that was the fault of my bank, and there was nothing they could do. I called EXPEDIA, who arranged for the booking, and they didn't have any better luck. As of this writing, a $74 rental has cost me $474 plus over an hour on the phone.

Horrible experience with Advantage. They literally take advantage of people and avoid any responsibility for their lousy actions. I rented a car through carrentals.com with Advantage. On Sep 20 I was dropping my son for college in NY when I got to their facility. They didn't have any cars period for anyone who had made same type of reservation but still went ahead and charged us without offering any service. And I repeat I did not get a rent a car from Advantage, better said they did not have any car to offer that day. In order to cancel that transaction I would have to call carrentals.com whom customer service number is non-existent or very difficult to find.

As of today I haven't been able to contact carrentals.com and to correct charges I have dispute it through the credit card company. In my intent to correct this issue with Advantage I exhausted every possible option, front desk, customer service, claim department etc. The last person I spoke to mentioned the same excuse and even told me that if I wasn't capable of listening she would hang up on me. No refund for any reservation made with third parties (carrentals.com) regardless of customer using their services or not, they will charge no matter what and tried to get away with it. This is a "legal" scam and ripping off regular people doesn't make them a honest or good company to request service from. Advantage should not be servicing us.

I used Advantage Rent a Joke at LGA in NYC. Reservation was made over the phone, not once was I told that I would need my own liability insurance because I live within 65 miles of the location. Not one single person felt the need to advise us of this before setting up our reservation. It is not on their website, its not on their confirmation letter to you. So basically you are screwed once you get there. What I find ironic is that their location is conveniently shared with Thrifty and or Dollar rent a car. Which if you didn't know is affiliated with Advantage. Against my better judgement I decided to go with them since I did have liability insurance. I rented the car for one day. Just one day.

Because I was running late. on the day I was returning the car I decided to call customer service, spoke to Jasmine who told me on a RECORDED LINE that I would be charged one day rental fee if I bought the car after 3 hours from the original time of return. I did find that odd, so I asked her if what she was telling was that I had within 3 hours to return the car and I would NOT get charged. She said yes. Again I asked so I would be charged nothing if I bring the car within the 3 hours. She said Yes. Well that was a LIE. Upon getting to location I was charged 3 additional hours and that was because I was on the phone with a supervisor named Megan who said she heard the recording and she did hear Jasmine say I would get charged nothing... but that it was a mistake.

How about honoring what your employee stated to me on a recorded line? Why bother recording the conversation if you are not going to do anything? Megan's only suggestion was for me to call Customer Care the next day. I spoke to Edgar who kept telling me to read my contract. It's funny how he expected me to read my contract yet Jasmine doesn't know the terms of the establishment she works for. But that is okay. He did refund me one hour because he realized that the reason it went over three hours was because I was on the phone with Megan and she locked my profile so the lady behind the counter couldn't check me out. I asked the lady behind the desk for the local number, she gave me a number which no one picks up.

I accidentally left my EZ pass in the car, so I showed up at the location the very next day and first I was told the car was already rented. Then 20 minutes later she tells me there is nothing in the car. I know that EZ pass was in the car. Someone there took it. So not only are they liars, they also keep what they find in the cars. Customer service is pathetic, it's like no one cares. Not the people at the counter. Not the people who answer their toll free numbers. Do yourself a favor and do not rent from them. I regret not reading the reviews. Ended up paying over 300.00 for a car which I had to put my own liability insurance on. Very upset with the whole entire company! Don't believe try calling them yourself at 718-424-8504 or 718-651-7269. Those are numbers given to me and no one ever picks up the phone at the LGA counter.

Grossly overcharged for a stunningly uncomfortable car. Failure to examine the paperwork led to paying double what we should have. Our fault, I guess, but be aware that not only do they seriously overcharge on the daily rate, but five days is considered a week, so you pay for seven! Absolutely amazing!

DO NOT rent a car from this company. We rented a car in October of 2015 and they are still sending us invoices for supposed damages they state we created. We had a flat tire from a pothole on the road to Hanna in Maui. We told them and they exchanged out the SUV for a minivan. No problems up to that point. When we returned back from vacation they contacted us stating we had created all this damage. Thank God our friends got insurance through their insurance company. After 1800.00 plus dollars that the insurance company paid out. We are getting another bill from Advantage Rental Car. When will this madness end??? If you are smart you will not rent from them. What a terrible experience. You are better off with a reputable company like Enterprise!!!

I was completely overcharged for a rental. First when I rented the car they gave me a car with no brake lights so I had to switch for another one and the one I switched for had an expired tag. They changed the tag days after I spoke to them. Then when I spoke to the manager Neil Fergus he told me I was not entitled to a compensation for my troubles. Don't ever rent from them. Modern day mobsters, they will take all your money and don't care about it. I was also told that I was being charged 14.99 for insurance and when I returned the car it was 28.99 a day. Are you kidding me? They have very rude employees in the west palm beach office and I should've read the reviews before I rent from them. Don't make the same. is take I did.

This company is a joke... I cannot describe them any better. My whole experience of renting a car turned into a joke. Poor customer service over the phone, roadside assistance sucks, cars are not maintained. We will never rent a car from Advantage... How the hell do you run a company like that. You might get me once but not twice.

I recently prepaid for my car rental online expecting that things would go smoothly which usually is the case. We rented a Nissan Versa which comes in a compact or Sedan. I had 5 travelers so got the Sedan, upon my arrival Donald said I rented a compact Hyundai Accent... he also kept complaining how hot he was and 3 times went outside to cool off. He took numerous customers returning cars during our check in process making it take us a hour to get our car. Advantage told us that it is not normal procedure to do that as I thought you finish 1 customer at a time. Advantage offered me a 20 percent voucher off for our next time. As if. Never using this company again.

Advantage Rent-A-Car Company Profile