Advantage Rent-A-Car

• 4%
  • 0%
  • 94%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advantage Rent-A-Car?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advantage Rent-A-Car?
    Contract & Terms

Reviewed June 1, 2024

This company scams their clients by making them sign and initialize their contract on a small LCD screen to prevent them to read properly the contract you're signing. The agreed daily rental fee was 52.30 a day, and they added to that: SUPPLEMENTAL LIABILITY INSURANCE (SLI) (after I declined) : 19.99 / day

ROADSIDE SERVICE PLAN (ROAD) : 5.99 / day ***LATE RETURN RATE : 261,50 / day. They charged me 714,72 for 4 days while the agreed rate was 52.30 / day + taxes. KEEP AWAY FROM THEM!

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 21, 2024

I highly recommend you DO NOT RENT here. I went cheap, I got what I paid for. The young lady who checked us in was very nice. She moved us through the rental quickly and informed us our car wasn't quite ready and still needed to be detailed. 45 minutes later, after two requests for the car, a car was provided. It was dirty. The windows were not cleaned and there was dirt all over the carpet. However, we took it because we were tired of waiting. About a mile down the road, I realized there was no gas in the car. It was literally running on empty. We turned around are returned to the company. The manager I spoke with informed me they had four hours to honor my rental (wow, what a standard to strive for) so the 45 minute wait was nothing. She was "sorry" the car was dirty and had no gas, but she couldn't do anything with what they did "back there." She suggested I return the car empty.

Sure, every tourist's dream is to drive around an unknown town with the chance they can run out of gas. She finally agreed to reimburse me for gas, but when I returned the car, the line was almost out the door. The people in front of me called an Uber because they couldn't wait for their car any longer. (But, 4 hours is the standard...) We gave up and left. They claim to be cheap and you get cheap service. The management is incompetent and defended the worst part of their service. The front desk was professional and kind, and she was thrown under the bus. Great work, Advantage!

Get buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsCoverageSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed May 20, 2024

They perpetrate theft. I have a contract with them that clearly outlines what I am expected to pay. When I returned the car, they charged my card for a fuel fee of almost $70. The contract outlines that I return the car half full and pay $33. I did that, they still charged me for a full tank of gas. This was a Kia optima and they charged me 8.99 a gallon. When I called to get a refund for the difference they literally called me a liar. The guy on the phone, Tyrese, said I was lying about this. The final contract, which was modified and does not contain my signature, doesn't show the fuel prepay. Fortunately I have the original contract with my signature and an outline of the correct amount. When I tried to reach out to get a refund for the difference, I'm told there is no number for local offices. The corporate office will, however, email the local office and ask them to refund it as only they are able to do so.

Regardless of the number of times they supposedly email the local office call they never call back and never provide a refund. I've attached screenshots of the charges to show how it was done. Added to that, the local office agent told me that in order to decline their insurance I would have to present my entire insurance contract so they could determine my coverage, is that legal? Who has that with them when they travel? Everything about this company seems like a scam and the employees seem to know it but don't care.

Reviewed May 15, 2024

Do not rent from Advantage Rental Car in Orlando, Florida. This company will somehow find a way to screw you out of money. My husband and me rented a car online and stood in line for 1 hour. When we were at the counter we were told that because we were Florida residence we could not have unlimited miles like everyone else. We declined the rental car at the counter and left. Now we are being charged $50 cancellation fee that they will not reverse. So first we are discriminated against because we didn't fly in from somewhere and then to top it all off later get this $50 cancellation charge. We were told that we were to go back online to officially cancel it....even though we were at the counter and told the manager that we were cancelling it. Don't use this company they will get you for hidden fees of some kind.

Customer ServiceCoverageSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed May 15, 2024

I can say this is the worst rental car company in FL. They came to pick me at the airport after 30 minutes, the sales were rude at the counter and wanted me to buy additional collision coverage that I didn't need because my current car coverage cover rentals. They also told me that they will cancel my rental if I do not buy additional coverage because they knew same-day rentals from other car rentals will be higher. I ended paying three times more than the amount quoted online when I booked it through Priceline.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 27, 2024

Run, Run, Run, Run for you life. The shadiest company I have every rented a car from. If you arrive and have prepaid your rental cost. Expect them to add on more charges. I watched a poor guy from Ecuador not getting the car he ordered because he was late. Then they required American insurance. They are a shady company. Stay away.

Reviewed April 18, 2024

The company is absolute scum!! Stay away!! First they didn’t have the 8 seater vehicle we rented and tried to stuff off a 7 seater to us and told it’s ok passengers in the back don’t need seat belts. We waited over 1.5hrs to get a vehicle. They add a false insurance charge of $100 to my invoice even though I declined insurance as well as adding some private charge of $50 that they will not explain. Go anywhere else!!

Contract & TermsStaff

Reviewed April 7, 2024

This company scams people and discriminates against Floridians by requesting utility bill documentation, and extremely high deposits (750 dollars). They blame the third-party booking company for not passing along their terms. The employee was disrespectful, and denied me the car I had booked with Priceline. On top of that, the pickup location on the Priceline site says "Inside the airport on the rental counter". That's not true. The pickup location is outside the Orlando airport, you have to go outside the terminal to pick-up a shuttle to get there. Don't rent from these people. If you expected a good deal, it was probably too good to be true.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 28, 2024

Beware that this place is NOT located inside the San Juan Airport. Do yourself a favor and rent from one of the rental car companies that you see on the attached photo. Advantage Rent a Car shows the location of their counter as to be inside the airport (if you look at the map). That’s not true. If you enter the actual address of the pick up location you will see that it is not inside the airport. We had to wait longer than 30 minutes to be picked up by a shuttle to take us to our rental car. Then once there we had to wait at least 45 minutes because they wanted an insurance card from us (first time ever I was asked for on and we travel a lot). After a long flight, the last thing you want is to wait for a shuttle to your car. Do yourself a favor and avoid any rental car company that’s not at the actual airport terminal. You can thank me later.

Customer Service

Reviewed March 26, 2024

We found what we thought was a good deal by booking with Priceline. The booking was at Orlando Advantage Car Rental an off site location. The quote on Priceline was 268.00 for the week. We arrived at Advantage to only get upset due to the rental company said they don't even have that car on the lot. So with all my the up charges and so on the final bill was 795 for the week.

The clerk at Advantage Car Rental lied over and over as we were tired from our flight and then totally in a bad situation by the end result of total unfair treatment by Advantage Car Rental and the diversion process of Priceline getting us into the company has certainly made us disrespectful to Priceline. I called them to complain and they never got back to me. Just remember companies like Priceline value their profit margin by directly sending victims to places like Advantage Car Rental. Beware. When you book anything on the site. Call first and look at the requirements offered.

Advantage Rent-A-Car Company Information