2. Travel
  3. Rental Cars

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.89/5

Need a good rental car company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Need a good rental car company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Advantage Rent-A-Car Reviews

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

Before you leave a negative FB, call their helpful number first 407-888-0519, they will try their best to help you. We were not happy about our rental experience in Las Vegas, we were charged for insurance coverage when we insisted that we didn't need it, after I talked to the lady who picked up the phone, she solved my problem right away. Other than the unknown charge, we don't have any other complaints. Helping yourself is also helping them to improve, so call them first.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I had to go out to San Diego from Missouri on business in a hurry. No time to reserve a car even. I arrived at SAN and quickly had a car from Advantage. The service rep comped me on an upgrade and had me in and out in under 30 minutes. I wish I could remember her name but she was from the Philippines. This was on Tuesday, 15 October 2019. Turning in the car was just as easy that Friday. I would highly recommend this company. Mark, Kansas City, MO

Get expert buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I've rented cars from Advantage about a dozen times at DFW, AUS and SAN. Every experience has been good with the only problem being an occasional queue to rent the car costing me perhaps 15-20 minutes. Other reviewers have made many references to being charged unexpectedly for extra drivers, a full tank of gas, upgrades, insurance, and tolls. Yes, Advantage does try to upsell its customers, but in my experience they do this no differently than any other rental car company. If you don't read and understand what you sign, it's your fault.

There are also concerns about not having an SUV or other preferred car. This can also be a problem at other rental car companies. It's possible that, being smaller, Advantage doesn't have the flexibility that others do if a prior customer did not return the car on time or had an accident. Having said the above, I would be concerned about the issues raised about tolls in Florida where it seems the toll barriers accept cash AND read the transponder to charge the customer. This problem must exist at other rental car companies too. I'm not sure how to avoid that problem aside from completely avoiding toll roads (which is what I do whenever practical). I would like to see Advantage offer a cheaper option. I'm also concerned about loss of items left in the car, though again the renter has to take some responsibility too. I lost a nice pair of headphones in the same way on a rental from a different company....

Original review: June 10, 2019

I would highly recommend this company. I rented out of LAX. They have great service and they were much cheaper than other major companies. A few days after I rented my car, which was kind of an older model (but that was okay because we did pay less), the A/C was not working properly. I called them and they told me I can switch cars. Even though I rented out of LAX, I was in San Diego and they allowed me to switch cars at their San Diego location while keeping my final return to LAX. Very helpful, and I even got an upgrade when I switched, no questions asked.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I had a real shocker to find when I got to the Advantage/E-Z Rent-a-Car office that I had no reservation. I had made it with a company called Easyrental, nonexistent, instead. So, there I was, ready to visit my son and his family and no car. Julio **, the manager, stepped up and with Jasmine's help, they got me a nice car at a good rate right then and there. The car was great. The drop off was a breeze and I did not have to have a stroke, thanks to the great customer service. I cannot thank them enough and I WILL use your services again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advantage Rent-A-Car?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Advantage Rental Car in Los Angeles/LAX, agent Tiffani, required me to purchase insurance, even though I'm privately insured and told her that I would assume the risk. She told me that it was required to rent the car. I paid for insurance. She lied. It was not required. I could not get it refunded. Never again will I rent from this company with dishonest practices. Spread the word. They're terrible.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

Hi I had already prebooked and prepaid via Priceline for the 6 passenger car reservation in Advantage. However in the Advantage counter I was told that they do not have any car in their stock and they cannot help in arranging any. I had a very tough time in searching other rental car. I have decided never to rent car from Advantage.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Rented a Camry from Denver. I wish I had read the reviews of Advantage car rental. The Agent wouldn't allow me to take the car I had rented because of road conditions. They trap you because a shuttle takes you away from the airport. I'm sorry but I have been driving 42 years in the Midwest and I think I can drive. I had a $225.00 upcharge and no way out. I tend to trust people but don't be fooled by this outfit. Very poor customer service with agents that are rude and trained to pressure you. Never again!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I recently rented a sedan at Denver airport through Priceline. When we got to the counter to pick up the car, we were told the sedan was not "traction compliant" with Denver's laws since it was December. The clerk "found" an SUV, with an upcharge of $333. The Santa Fe rents on their website for 57.88/day. They had us backed in to a corner, and we basically had to agree. I contacted customer service to complain about the up charge, and received a rude and argumentative response. I have never experienced such bad customer service. After she argued with me for several minutes, she agreed to file a case. I was told I would get a response in 48 hrs. It has been a week, with no response, even by email. This is a disreputable company, and would I advise anyone to avoid renting from them, no matter how good the price.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Rented a car from Advantage Rental car for 4 days. Returned the car back fully fuel. Checked the invoice they sent me thru email and found that they charged me an extra $10.44 for gas. They charge $8.99 per gallon if it is not fully fill. I knew about that and I filled it before I returned it. How in the heck can they charge $10.44. that is about 1 1/4 gallon of gas. How could that reach that amount??? Never again!!

Not sure about Advantage Rent-A-Car?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Rental Cars for you.

Advantage Rent-A-Car Company Information