2.9/5 (2523 ratings)

About Advantage Rent-A-Car

Advantage Rent-A-Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advantage Rent-A-Car?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advantage Rent-A-Car?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

I had wait over hour to get rental car, when the selling starts. I had my own full coverage insurance, policy on phone. The rental agent would not accept forced to buy supplemental liability insurance. Called customer service, said that's not their policy. I give them zero stars. 14.96 times 4 days equals 59.96 robbed. Orlando Fl. Airport

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

This rental company is unprofessional and not flexible to any changes in your travel plans!!! I rented the car at a decent price but soon after I had to change my plans and travel 6 hours away in Florida due to a family emergency. I was unable to bring the car back to the location and this company doesn’t allow returns to ANY other location besides the original. I was unaware of this and it cost me big time! I tried to contact them several times with no reply and then they sent me a message from security stating that the vehicle is too close to the Florida border and if I leave the state I will be fined $1,000!!! WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! Do not rent from this company. It’s a huge risk and it ruined my Military Leave time with my family.

Get buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 5, 2022

If you want to be treated like a low-class criminal or worse, a dirty animal, look no further to Advantage at Miami International Airport, and ask for Marcello **. He'll make sure your experience with Advantage will be a memorable one. For starters, he doesn't greet anyone, and looks at you badly if you are the one to say good morning. He's despondent, arrogant and square-minded. To make things worse, he was constantly defiant. As a local, he told me I needed to show him an actual utility invoice in order to prove I was a local, and that such was company policy (??). Ok. While he was scrolling the internet on his cell phone and interrupting me every time I was saying anything to him, shutting me up on every instance, I finally showed him the darn invoice.

Once I told him he needed to work on his people skills and be more amicable or personable at least, he screamed "now I am not going to help you!"-as if he was doing a favor to me- and screamed at me to get out of there. I could not believe what I was hearing. No problem. I obliged. I took my business to Enterprise next door right away. I wonder if it was a diabetes attack, marital problems or the need to reassure himself as an alpha male, but the truth is he's not tailored to deal with people at all, and this uneducated, deeply-equivocated moron reflects the worse on Advantage as a company. I will not, ever, return to this hole in the wall at MIA. I wonder what kind of Human Resources Manager hired this bonehead who got way too many issues to deal with the public.

Original review: June 23, 2022

It is out of character for me to complain about a company like this, but I will never rent from them again and don't recommend it to others. My 2021 car had a faulty sensor that resulted in the gasoline I filled it with not being registered by the tank, even 15 miles down the road. This caused me an unnecessary stop, unnecessary stress, and unnecessary expenditure, and in all my years of driving, I had never come across this issue. It is far from common. Yet their service agents didn't bat an eyelash and never offered me any kind of reimbursement for this unusual problem when I told them about it, both on site and on the 1-800 number

Original review: May 31, 2022

Beware of hidden fees when hiring a car in Orlando. Hired a car online, got a good rate but they very strongly advise you to pay $9.99 per day to have their electronic toll payment. If you do not and pay cash at tollbooth you will be charged $15 per day every time you use a toll road. In short, they increase their competitive hire rate by supplementing it with “an optional” Toll fee charge. Client satisfaction appears bottom of their priorities and it’s no surprise that they are not accredited by the Better Business Bureau and have a rating of “F”.

Original review: May 21, 2022

Good to mediocre: The car was nice and drop-off was a breeze! The shuttle service was fine (although had to wait an hour to be picked up). Bad: At check-in he sold me on a $9.99 fee for toll roads. It turned out to be $9.99/day. They asked me if I wanted insurance. I said No as I already was insured through my credit card. They added a $14.99/day supplemental insurance anyway. I didn't notice any of this until I arrived at my destination and saw the emailed receipt.

I immediately tried to email and call. I never received responses to my email. I got connected to Advantage customer service (general) on the phone and was told that there was no way to call the rental location. I was bewildered, but had no choice but to trust their word that I would be taken care when I dropped off my car. They did eventually agree to send an email to the Orlando location to request a refund for at least the insurance so that a record would be created.

When I returned the car I was told that nothing could be done at the moment and was promised a call from the manager to resolve my issues at a later date. I had a plane to catch so I had no choice but to leave. I never received a call. I called several times afterward and was eventually promised a refund for the insurance. That refund never was made. It's been three months since the trip and I still have not heard. In the end they charged me well above twice the price I was quoted.

Original review: May 18, 2022

On day 4 of 10 day business trip, I get to Dallas on last flight of night, go to Advantage Rent a car, they said I can't go to Kansas (which was important part of trip). The only time I have ever encountered driving restrictions was taking to different countries. The language stating you can't take to Kansas is buried 75 lines deep into the terms and conditions. Really misleading.

Now to the car. Car was a Nissan Rouge. Drove horribly. Tried to get a car change in OKC (location which is closed). Car would pull to the right repeatedly. Car would auto brake if you moved 1 to 2 feet either right or left. Also would auto accelerate when you change lanes (which was the scariest thing). Worst rental car experience I have ever had.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I rent a car on 4/2/22 at DWF and the agent indicated the tent on the car pre-existing as marked on contract. Insisted for a different car but couldn’t give one. I returned the car on April 3 one day after with post rental inspection just to get a claim from Allstate regard a damage on this car. Big lies.

Original review: April 12, 2022

Rented a car for 2 days online. My total to pay at Advantage Car Rental was $54 including taxes and fees. My rental ended costing $170 with hidden fees/taxes. Paid extra for insurance $50, toll package $19.95 and $36 in fees/Florida taxes. Not a good experience. Do not rent from Advantage Rental. I agree with the March 8 review.

Original review: March 26, 2022

Overall renting a vehicle for this company was not bad but there are a few things to be aware of:

1. They will try to get you to pre-pay for tolls, insurance, and gas.

2. If you use a debit card for your rental transaction, they will hold a deposit which is expected but after you have returned their vehicle and you have closed out your business....your DEPOSIT WILL BE HELD UP TO 21 DAYS!! This ridiculous! I used my PayPal debit card and they explained this is not them but Advantage Rent A Car!

3. I had an early flight out of Orlando on the day I returned my rental. During the drop-off, I was told to drive in and look for an empty parking spot and leave the vehicle with the key inside the car unlock. There was no one to do a check-out or inspection....So I left the car in good faith and with prayer that I won't get a bill with ridiculous charges. My prayer was answered!

Overall, my experience was not bad but I won't say it's excellent because of customer service, and inconveniences due to how they handle financial transactions.

Advantage Rent-A-Car Company Information