2.2/5 (1033 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Eppicard

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Eppicard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eppicard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eppicard?

Original review: July 12, 2012

I went to Wells Fargo to withdraw my child support funds from my Eppicard. I was asked by the teller if I have an account. I said, "Yes, here is my debit card." The teller had to get the manager who informed me that this is not a Wells Fargo account linked to this debit card. In fact, this is just a pre-loaded gift card. Wow! Now child support is a gift and not a responsibility of the parent? This now explains why I can't pay bills online nor over the phone and Eppi(gift)card cannot be used at the gas pump. I have learned with this Eppi(gift)card, most companies will not accept gift cards over the phone or online. I have to go into the gas station for gas and pay all my bills in person. (Thanks for the gift card that requires exercise.)

There are a few companies that do accept Eppi(gift)card and one is Verizon. Thanks, Verizon for accepting this gift card. Bank of America was the old card, never a charge to call just good old fashion help and answers. What the hell was the State of California thinking? Wells Fargo=$ for bailout. Wells Fargo holds child support for more than 4 days after the state sends it electronically (I have proof). Wells Fargo=interest $ from our child support. How convenient that all deposits to Eppi(gift)card always include the weekend. Really! Two more days of interest $ for Wells Fargo.

Wells Fargo, shame on you, foreclosing on families and now stealing from the same children whose homes you already took. Wells Fargo, I hope all the states that hold Eppi(gift)cards figures out that you are a thief and robbing from our children. To the states that use this failing system, I'm sure there are a lot of parents out there that would be more than happy to let this interest $ go to parents who get no child support at all. I know I would. I just hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears.

Original review: July 9, 2012

I have attempted to cancel my card for over a week and cannot get a human being to take my call. The automated system does not allow me to request a customer representative, which is just ridiculous. I need the card cancelled as I am not happy with the service at all!

Original review: July 4, 2012

My account was supposed to have a deposit at midnight. Today is July 4 and no, my children do not have anything for the fourth of July because of these people. Someone got lazy in the office and forgot to deposit it in my account. Now we have to suffer with nothing for the fourth of July. How unpatriotic of them. Children without fireworks and now, we have to wait until the lazy bank does it at 5AM tomorrow morning. Happy 4th to your children Eppicard.

Original review: June 29, 2012

I called as I was attempting to access my account info online and spoke with a human multiple times; not going to happen. This is a good way get people upset. I think this method of receiving unemployment benefits is a joke!

Original review: June 28, 2012

I have been calling Eppicard for the past 2 weeks to see what happened with the card. Finally, I input the wrong information, and it told me that I could speak with a customer service rep. He said he could cancel the card and send out another for 2 options, 7-10 business days or in 3 days for $15.00. I advised that the IVR should have given an option to speak to customer service rep. And now, we are close to rent time. I have no other choice but to pay the fee. The supervisor was no help, didn't want to waive the fee, and could not give me a number to send a complaint letter. I was given a number to send me right back to the employment security commission.

Original review: June 25, 2012

A charge from www.autokitshop.ws appeared on my EPPICard on May 28, 2012. I had never heard of the company. I googled the address, and found that they are scammers, hitting credit and debit cards for small amounts of money (under $12.00). I filed a complaint with EPPICard, citing the information I found on the web. I even asked them to request a copy of the alleged "order" I placed with autokitshop.ws. I received a letter from EPPICard today, saying "The results of our investigation could not find where an error has occurred." They went on to say that "any further disputes regarding this transaction may be resolved with the merchant directly."

How am I supposed to dispute this with the merchant, when it looks like they are based in Europe/Russia, and they do not answer the phone number listed on their website? I sent the merchant an email, requesting proof of the alleged "order" plus proof of delivery, with the threat that I will institute a lawsuit if I don't receive the proof in 10 days. I know, I know, fat chance. But it just burns me up that this website is hitting debit cards (especially debit cards that contain child support) and EPPICard is doing nothing about the scammers. Instead of using the card as a debit card, from now on I will withdraw the entire deposit made at the beginning of the month.

Original review: May 30, 2012

My account in the last three months has had money taken out of it not once but twice. The first time it was a three-week process to get my money back. Last week, my account was cleaned out again by the same company (NSB, no, Osla!) using the same card that was cancelled! How is this possible?! I've been waiting on this questionnaire for almost a week. I called again, just to be on hold for almost thirty minutes! And then no supervisor was available to speak with! What kind of company is this!? I have no way of paying my rent on time! I feel so frustrated!

Original review: May 29, 2012

If Eppicard is having problems with scams, then why don't they make themselves available? The site is impossible to log into sometimes and they are next to impossible to contact in person. If the scams are creating these issues, then why make your site impossible to access and no phone contact with a person? Privately owned corporations handling government (judge granted funds that are legally binding) funds and transactions should do a better job of protecting my money and access to those funds! I am just left in the dark on the status of my money! Why?

Original review: May 24, 2012

I hate this card. My ex-husband pays my child support every Friday. The money is sent to SDU in Tallahassee. They in turn accepted the money and then the next business day applied the money to my debit card, Eppicard. This was done early this morning. It is now 11:17 pm and the money is still not in my account. Where is it? This is done electronically. Why isn't this done immediately when the funds are received? Does Eppicard have my funds? Do they keep it overnight and invest it? I worked in a bank for years and I know it doesn't take 24 hours for an electronic transfer. Something is very wrong with this. I can't even get through to a live person at customer service. The next email I write is to the Governor. I want answers.

Original review: May 10, 2012

Normally, I can check my account balance and transaction history online to avoid the fees charged if I call to check the account. For the past two months when I log in, I received a message that the website was undergoing maintenance. Therefore, the only way it's even possible to check on my account was to call and incur their fees. I really hope they have been waiving the fees for account inquiries, because it is not the account holders' fault that Eppicard removed the only way to check an account for free while the site perpetually "undergoes maintenance".

Original review: April 26, 2012

I have been trying to activate for them to mail me transaction and payment history but when I try to log in, it says it does not recognize my social number. I am very angry. I hate this new system. I tried by phone and there is no option for it and doing it online does not recognize my social number.

Original review: April 23, 2012

On February 22, 2012, my wallet was stolen. My bank cards had been used. I reported it to Eppicard but I was denied so I wrote back but it is now April. My first conceived bank account have me back my money, no long period two ways. So I'm still waiting for my funds from fraud department in the amount of $723. Why is it taking so long? I need my money.

Original review: April 9, 2012

When the state of Florida collects child support from my deadbeat ex, the state holds the money for two days. EPPICard did not hold the money in the past; they posted the money on the date the Florida State indicated. EPPICard has been holding the money 4 days now. When I called, they told me, “Too bad, nothing we can do.” I’m counting on the money to feed my kids since my child is only five years old and his deadbeat dad owes me $16,000.00 at the rate of less than $400.00 a month.

Original review: March 30, 2012

I called Eppicard after I got married to request a new debit card to be sent to me with my married last name. This was a month after I got married, last July. This month, March of 2012, I finally received the debit card, with my maiden name on it. I called to tell them that I needed another card to be sent to me, they said I had to send my paper work again, proving I was who I was. I told them, it costs me money to fax papers, I sent it once and I will not send it again. I just needed the card sent with my proper name.

After being on hold for thirty minutes and speaking to several people, I was finally transferred to a lady who asked me several security questions and I proved I was me. This was 14 days ago. She told me she would replace the card, no charge, and send it out that day. I would receive this card 7-10 business days. I called on the 5th business day to make sure the card was sent out, and it was. I called on the 8th business day because I did not receive a card and they assisted me in putting a 'suspension' on my account, 'just in case' someone took my card.

I called my post office and filed a case, thinking my card was lost at the post office, and I received a call yesterday from the post master and he said they looked for my mail and it was no place to be found. I talked to my mail deliverer today, and this is business day number 10, no mail. He hasn’t seen it at all and will look nothing.

I called the Eppicard Center. I was transferred from one person to the next, and then the next and then put on hold for 35 minutes and 43 seconds, my cell phone said. The lady who answered said she couldn’t hear me, I said can you hear me now, and she said, no I cannot and hung up!?! How can you answer my question but not hear me? I called a second time and the first person I spoke too rudely told me I was in the wrong department. (The only way I can get through to a human being is by pressing two and transferring. the machine refuses to let you speak to anyone).

She transferred me to a man, who then promised me I would be on hold for an entire thirty seconds, not thirty minutes like before. I was on hold for 45 minutes, 45 minutes! A lady answered and asked me my verification questions, I answered them and she said, 'do you mind if I put you on hold and transfer you to another department?' I told her yes I did, considering I was already on hold over 1 hour and that was wasted time in my day. She did it anyways, and transferred me to another department.

This person told me she had no idea where the card was, and I could pay $15 for UPS to send it to me and I would receive it on Tuesday, between 7-7. Why should I have to pay for this? I did anyways, but that is money that I receive for child support that should go to my child, not to UPS for their mess up!

This entire ordeal has taken up so much time, it has been so stressful and I am happy that I will receive it on Tuesday and be done with the people (if I receive it). The customer service is awful. The wait time is worse than that. They are not helpful. They have an uncaring attitude. I wish they would go back to paper checks. It was so much easier.

Original review: March 29, 2012

I purchased a vehicle getting a loan. In order to get the loan, I had to prove I am receiving my child support payments. I called Eppicard to get a statement and they said they would not fax me one. They said they would mail me one. After two weeks, I still have not received the statement. The nice man at the car dealer let me take the car with the promise that I would obtain this statement. I have been trying for two weeks now and for the past three days calling Eppicard several times and not getting any help.

The dealer now wants me to return the vehicle because the bank will not pay him for the loan because he cannot prove my income to the bank. I have tried numerous times to get set up to use the Eppicard website but it will not recognize my Social Security number and no one at Eppicard will help me. If this is not taken care of soon, I will have to give up my car. This Eppicard is a big joke.

Original review: March 26, 2012

I have called the so-called 24 hours/7 days a week hotline number (1-888-393-5866) multiple times. I am unable to even get a line with a live operator who plans on answering the actual call and then after 20, 30, and even 40 minutes waiting on hold each and every time, someone seemed to pick up and then I get a disconnect sound.

I am unable to get anyone to answer one simple question for me and unsure where I should now go to get an answer. This question is about a fee for $.40 for something called IVR BAL Inquiry Fee. I have no idea why I would have inquired about anything like this or who actually did the inquiring. I am angry that no one will just answer this simple question.

Original review: March 25, 2012

I went to register in the system to put my password and was not able to do so. When I called the number on the card, I was told to call customer service in the EPPICard office. I was told that my birth date in the system was wrong and after calling for 3 days in a row trying to get someone to speak with, I was not able to get to speak with anyone. I have to speak with someone to correct this. How can I correct this if I can't speak with anyone? Please advise me on what to do or where I can go to solve this problem. I need to fix this to be able to use the card, otherwise I can not use the card to buy food.

Original review: March 21, 2012

They sent me a card I did not request. To speak to a live person, call the toll-free number on your card and do nothing when prompted. After the same few requests, you will be connected to a representative. This worked for me in Indiana.

Original review: March 20, 2012

On 3/13/12, I went to eppicard.com to get a replacement for a lost card. When I paid the extra money for express service, you would have thought that the company would send me a tracking number via e-mail after 48 hour. When I didn’t receive the card or tracking number, I e-mailed the company several times. I tried calling the toll free number in hopes to talk with an operator. I must say that the service caused me and my family extreme hardship. Also, let me add that the money for the replacement and the shipping was taken ASAP. I believe there is some real funny business going on with NJ EPPICard or the people in certain positions.

Original review: March 19, 2012

It took a month and a half to get the card. Now it's locked out and I can't talk to anyone.

Original review: March 16, 2012

Eppicard Theft: I had $400 stolen from purchases in England?! I got a real ** named James, # **. He was a smart ass. He threatened to hang up on me, who had just lost money to fraud. They tell me it’s not their fault. I may not get my only money, my unemployment money back and it could take 45 days. Whose fault is it? The account didn't get flagged even for 10 transactions! Any other card flags me if I go 10 miles out of town. Who's at fault? Then if you read their privacy policy, they say they can sell your SS#. That is not supposed to happen in any circumstance with any company for any reason. Everybody go back to checks and close EPPIcard down.

Original review: March 6, 2012

No contact with live person - I need to put a request to have my statements sent to me at my home address above. The phone recorder says to do this in the internet or customer service. I have no problem using the internet, but my email is two letters. It's too long and it just will not let me login to the website. So I have been calling over and over the number on the back and it gives no live person after it says it does. I need to order some medical supplies on the internet and it will not let me due to the address is shown different on computer systems.

Original review: March 6, 2012

My wallet was stolen and they wouldn't replace my stolen card for two weeks. When they did, they charged me $30.00 to replace the two $15 payments because I tried to talk to someone on the phone.

Original review: March 3, 2012

My card was declined twice but I have over $500 on it. When I try to call customer service I cannot get someone on the phone. I don't have a bank account so I guess I have to switch back to paper checks. I don't understand why the child support services department switched. I never had problems with the other card.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2012

How in the heck can I talk to some one live? I need to talk to some one. They say I have an over draft and every time I try to call and talk to a person, there is no way to talk to someone. They charge me. This is **! They say I am over draft of at first $0.45 and now it's higher because I am trying to talk to a live person. I am working again and no more money is going to be placed on my card. So how in the heck do I pay the over draft that most of it I should not have to pay because I am trying to talk to a live person? And it is not right that there is no way to talk to a live person. If they would have told how to talk to a live person, there would not have been an overdraft. As far as I am concerned, I am not paying most of the overdraft. Not my fault, it's theirs. So e-mail me a contact number that will send me directly to a live person. I am afraid to call now. Every time I do, they charge me. Help! Thanks!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2012

I tried to set up my account to avoid the fees, and it accepted my username the first time, but when I went to log in to my account, it would not accept my username, because it was too long. That, and the fact that I can not make a purchase online. Good news folks, you can receive your child support payments via direct deposit into your checking account. Go to Casdu.com, and then click on custodial parties in blue, to set up your direct deposit. It takes 1 to 2 deposits to your account, to then go into your checking account.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2012

I want to have full clarity as a single mom with two kids, to make the most accurate decisions when monies come in for their vital needs, and to have numerous accounts of no stable deposit. To acknowledge having all information of when monies go through from the non-custodial parent with such a level of final withdrawal is at times overwhelming with time-consuming process factors of documentation.

To have access of the internet as an area of utilizing such monitoring actions is something that should not apply. To women who rely on these payments on a timely fashion, it should be a standard procedure. And to note on the calls made to check on deposit with taking away from the child support is poorly mind-set decision. To recognize such a concept does not justify the purpose of this card.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2012

I have been ordering a replacement card for the last 2 going on three months and I have not received a card. There is no one I can talk to but a stupid recording. When I called a different number, I was given no help at all. They told me to call the card number and wait on the line. This is impossible and I never get to talk to a person. Help!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2012

My son's father was unemployed for 2 yrs so I haven't received any support during that time. He finally got a job in November and FL CSE has been deducting money on my behalf from his paychecks (unbeknownst to me). I was never notified by CSE that my case had become active again. Instead, I found out through Social Security when they sent me a letter telling me that my autistic son's disability payments had been reduced due to child support. Since I hadn't been getting support for so long and hadn't used the card, I didn't realize it had expired.

When I learned about the child support from deductions (from him, not CSE) I immediately called the customer service # on my old card and was told that they would send me a new one within 7-10 days. It's now been a month and still no card. There's 3 months worth of child support owed to me and I have no access to it. I have lower disability payments but no usable child support. Thanks, CSE/Eppicard.

I have a separate complaint to write specifically for the FL CSE on another issue, complete idiots work for that agency.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2012

I called the Eppicard and me and the representative got into an argument regarding all the fees they charge. He then cancelled my card just like that, of course I didn't find out til he hung up on me and I called back and my money is still on the account. I've been unable to reach a live person. The dcss has no number except the one on the card. Its been over a week and nothing. I need help to get in touch with someone

Eppicard Company Information