2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.01/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Eppicard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eppicard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eppicard?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I receive child support on a New Jersey Eppicard by MasterCard. It is December 6 2020. I have been calling New Jersey Eppicard by MasterCard since November 3 2020. I have called nearly every day between these two dates with an average hold time of 2+ hrs. Each call required me to speak to a customer service representative. Then a supervisor. And finally someone in the fraud department.

I live in Canada! The card was mailed to Canada. Yet New Jersey Eppicard by MasterCard has NO idea how to make my Child Support available to me. I have never in the past had to deal with this issue. I have always lived in Canada and always had access to my Child Support yet now maybe because we are in Covid. Funds are not accessible. Those calls are recorded yet no one has lost their job for not knowing how to do their job. I have been hung up on and each phone call given different information. No one there knows their job. It is unacceptable to not make a situation like this not a priority.

Child support is to help with the financial needs of children. How can that happen when someone can’t access their child support for two months' deposits. Very sad! Pathetic customer service. No knowledge of their rolls within the company. MasterCard should drop this company and New Jersey child support should use a different method for international people. New Jersey Eppicard by Master card is PATHETIC!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

On October 9, my card was declined and I KNEW there was money on the card. I checked my balance and it was $2.32. I looked at the transactions and there were FIVE charges for $100 each to Apple. I do not use an Iphone, I use Android. No one in my home has an Apple ID and my card has not left my possession at any time. I called Apple and they told me that they could actually tell me the Apple ID that made the charges and confirm that it was my card, but because of privacy issues they could not tell me who made the charges, but they would tell Eppicard if I opened an investigation with them. So I did. They sent me paperwork, told me to get a police report and send it all back to them, which I did.

Ten days later they issued a provisional credit to my account for $500. They assured me they would be investigating it and Apple would be contacted to find out who used my card, and that I would be kept informed of the progress of the investigation. Well, this morning I woke up to my account being $300 in the negative because Eppicard posted a $500 provisional debit to my account!! With no warning, no explanation, nothing. I called and was on hold for 3 hours and 15 minutes. Finally got the fraud department and she was explaining to me that Mastercard has now opened an investigation, and she was explaining to me how I could get in touch with them when the CALL DROPPED! I am now on the phone on hold again for 48 minutes. I am contacting someone about a class action lawsuit against these people. I have seen so many instances of fraud on this card with absolutely no help to the person that was frauded in any way.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

I have been lied to you cursed at hung up on and just got put on hold for about 50 hours by EPPICard and still no resolution. I just keep getting the runaround every single day. On November 2nd a provisional credit of $1,000 got approved and it never got posted to my account though. So when I call talk to them about it all they say is quote, "Well that's weird. It was supposed to who got in your account. I don't know why it hasn't so we're going to escalate this and management will call you back within 48 hours or have it posted to your account sorry for your inconvenience." So that was on November 2nd and every day since and I have not received one phone call or anything credited to my account not to mention.

So Not only was I frauded $1,042 but now as a direct result of EPPICard lying to me I very well may become homeless since my landlord thinks I'm just lying to her my phone has gotten shut off and a few other things late fees stuff like that. All in all because of them I am now at least $600 in more debt and going. Mind you I have never done anything to this company to get treated like this. I don't know how people can do that to other people and just not care or even work for a company that they were letting us happen. I'm exhausted.

If I don't get this resolved within a day or two I'm just going to give up on it. Call the state attorney, the Better Business Bureau, the Consumer Financial people, I think that's the right name and put it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and my local news station. That is if they'll accept the story or not. Maybe after they see all the other bad reviews all over the internet they will, let me tell you there's thousands of them people saying that if your card did this to them also. Actually there's even a class action lawsuit for in Georgia where this plus we took place and the people who filed the claim won the lawsuit with the other three hundred and something people that joined. So you would think after all that they would make sure not to ever do that again but apparently not apparently they make more money screwing people over then the amount that they spend fighting lawsuits so it's still in their eyes justifies doing this.

I've never been able to understand how people can be so greedy. Just Escapes Me. Obviously those people have never in a real struggle a real struggle or I doubt they would do this to other people. If anyone can help me maybe someone that has gone to this and gotten some results or know anyone else I can call to help me with this please email me at ** subj line: ATTN ABOUT EPPICARD CLAIM. PLEASE I would greatly appreciate it more than you'll ever know. Thank you. #-25 stars until I get this resolved. If I ever do.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

When attempting to log into my account to check my balance I learned my account was frozen and I couldn't access my account. I called there so called customer service department only to find myself on hold waiting to speak with a live person for four hours twenty six minutes, absolutely ridiculous. Then was told I have to email two forms of ID and wait 24-48 hours for a response from the fraudulent office. How are these idiots allowed to hold our money and tell us we have to wait?? My advice take your money from these people they are crooks. Open an online account ( prepaid) and have your funds direct deposit, anything is better then Eppicard. I cannot believe they are allowed to do this to people. Incompetent crooks.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

If fraud happened on your child support card the EPPICARD SERVICES will not conduct a very good investigation. Someone stole over 1,000 from my account while the card was with me. I'm baffled to yall have video of who used the card. When I called to cancel my phone as I was talking to the person they told me my card was trying to be used that very moment so I can't you guys tell this is fraud?!. My best advice is get everything deposited in your checking account. Eppicard isn't safe.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

As with every review I have read, it seem to be a common problem with our cards being hacked. When I was finally able to log into the site I noticed money missing. Called and spent hours on hold. I still have no card and it has been a month!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Using Eppicard services was the worst decision California child support ever made! I am elated that their contract has been voided and rightfully so. I received a refund for a purchase made with the card (my first mistake was using this card to make purchases), I was told by Tiffany ID #: ** that they would need to issue my refund by check. Okay, sure no problem! She then proceeded to tell me that it would take 60 days to receive a check since the company was having “disputes with a lot of customers.” I am not sure how that is my problem or should affect my refund, this is not a dispute over money, this is a simple refund of a previous purchase.

She then proceeded to tell me that they want to “cut all the checks at once.” Once again, I’m not sure why or how other customers' disputes are or should affect my refund. Needless to say her attitude, tone and not to mention the heavy breathing in the phone were just rude! I am so happy that California wised up from using this company. They have been a complete nightmare to deal with. Their employees are ill-informed, rude, and unable to articulate their thoughts in a professional manner.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I am unable to access my money. Transactions are constantly declined when Several thousand $$$ in the account. Since last week, customer service indicates that there is an issue with the cards getting declined because of a “system” issue. The call center rep cannot give any useful info regarding a resolution. And there isn’t a way to transfer funds to another bank account. I need my money NOW! Is Comerica cash poor and intentionally holding our funds? This is outrageous. That is my money and I want access to it immediately.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

As far as I am concerned, this banking system employed by government agencies is committing theft by deception. My child support payments are being deposited directly to this account and I am unable to access them due to a bogus "fraud" lock and there is no live customer service, email, or point of contact available to rectify this. They are simply stealing people's money through deceptive practices. I have contacted the Pennsylvania Attorney General. This is beyond outrageous!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I received an email back on September 24, 2020 stating that I had changed my pin number and call the number on the back of my child support card if I didn't change it. I checked my email around 8am but the email was from 4am. I couldn't have changed my pin number. I was sleep and had the card in my purse and I've never been to Homestead Florida. I've tried contacting the Eppicard numerous time and have stayed on hold as long a hour and forty five minutes. I was able to get through after repeatedly calling for days. My old card was canceled and new one was supposed to be issued.

I waited three weeks and didn't get the card. I also filed out a fraud report and haven't heard anything back. I called and they told me that was another department and they would transfer me to that department. After being on hold another 35 minutes the phone was hung up and I couldn't bring myself to call again and be on hold for another 45 minutes or more. Something needs to be done about this company with its poor customer service and the low level of security of the card. I faxed all the info back that was sent and almost a month later no response and I can't get through on the phone so it's safe to say I'm out of 143 through no fault of my own and a company that could care less.

Eppicard Company Information