Caremark RX Inc

Compare Health Insurance Companies

Research top Health Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been using CVS Caremark for many years. Until the start of 2017 everything was fairly good. Starting January 1, 2017 CVS Caremark has decided that any copay assistance from a manufacturer will NOT go towards deductible or out of pocket accumulation. My 1 life saving drug is $2727.96 per month x 12 months = $32,735.52. I receive $6500/ year copay assistance from the manufacturer. Now here it us March and CVS Caremark has burned thru all of my assistance and my copay that I have to pay is $1795 for 1 month. Next month, April, my copay will be $2727.96 since my deductible isn't met.

I don't go to the doctor usually because I don't get sick. Therefore, I won't meet my deductible unless I pay for meds out of my pocket, which is my entire month income. Who or what agency would be on my side to fight against CVS Caremark? It's past practice that they applied towards my deductible so I would think that would be a start. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Unfortunately, I have had to deal with CVS Caremarks mail order prescription services for many many years. Horrible service every single time! Every time I have to call in, they mess up my order and it takes hours to rectify. My daughter has Type 1 diabetes so this is an ongoing frustration. A few examples: One of her prescriptions was out of refills. I requested our Dr. send in refill prescriptions for all of her prescriptions as well as mine. (Some of mine for allergies/asthma, I refill 1/x per year) A week later every single prescription was delivered to my house with co-pays over $1000, without any verification or authorization and they billed my personal credit card (not Benefits CC). I requested to have most of this shipment returned which at first they claimed they could not. Then they said they could and would credit my CC when it was received. It took 6-8 phone calls and almost 2 months to get this refunded after items were shipped back.

We moved to a different state and 5 yrs later, one of her auto shipments was sent to the old address which required almost 3 hrs drive to pick up. They assured me that they would note not to use this address again but could not removed it from their system. 9 years later, auto shipment was randomly delivered to old address and once again entailed 3 hr drive to pick it up.

Trying to get her glucose test strips filled: They said they didn't have the prescription, Dr.'s office resent it, then Caremark said insurance only covers generic brand. To get these specific testing strips that would Bluetooth to her insulin pump & be covered by insurance, would require Dr. note stating it was medically necessary. Dr.'s office FAX this in. A week later they randomly sent me syringes and infusion sets instead (which I had previously requested a permanent hold on as I was getting sets directly from pump manufacturer and she hasn't used syringes in years) Not only was there no apology but they now said they had no record of this prescription on record at all!!! 5-6 hours and multiple phone calls with condescending personal putting me on hold for 10+ mins at a time.

Call in to have prescription refilled, usually takes 4-5 phone calls. I can and request, they then call and ask how it should be billed (the same way as always and note is on record). Then a week later, call to verify that it is ok to charge the card on file. I could share many more stories like this but overall the personnel they have handling the calls seem untrained. Can never locate previous phone call records in the system, their escalation team is even more unhelpful/talks over you/down to you/wants to argue the facts, and there is never any accountability of their mistakes or changes to the same issues that happen over and over again.

Something has changed at Caremark. I have never in all the years using them had as much trouble as I have had with my last 2 prescriptions. There is no reason it takes 5+ days to process a new prescription. When I could fill it locally I would have within hours. Even more disturbing is when I called the first time I was assured my Rx would ship on Thursday, Mar 16 to arrive by Friday, Mar 17. When I called to confirm on Thursday I was told there was a problem with the Rx and they had left several messages with my Dr. I called my Dr and he had received no messages from Caremark. When my Dr office called to see what the problem was they were told there was no problem, it was just going thru the review process.

Last night I was sent a waybill number saying my Rx shipped yesterday for delivery today but UPS has no record of it. Someone is creating waybills but not actually shipping the product. They have charged me for overnight shipping and I won't receive it until Monday, hopefully. No one knows what is going on at this company. This is unacceptable, unprofessional behavior. It seems I will now be without my medicine even longer due to your lack of customer care.

Caremark defaults to automatically refill older prescriptions without realizing same doctor changed the dosage (and they just filled that script). Very frustrating as their system seems to do this at least 3-4 times a year to me and costing me well over $100 a year for these mistakes. I have to continually monitor my account to ensure I am receiving the latest and proper dose of medicines. I hate the mail order for this reason as my local pharmacist would be conscientious enough to look at my pharmaceutical history and ask questions before assuming incorrectly.

They lie and every time tell me something different about my prescription transfer from another pharmacy. They don't know what to ask and what information they need. They just wasted my time and cost me a high copay. It's the worst insurance and the worst pharmacy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caremark RX Inc?

CVS Caremark conducts its administration of several prescription drug plans throughout the U.S. It has been proven that CVS Caremark discriminates against certain classes of clients. When CVS Caremark records are queried by customer service, their records are skewed as to support CVS Caremark's position and the records are not the true and correct accounting of all the facts, medical evidence and submissions.

In the matter of testosterone replacement therapy for men CVS Caremark attempts to prevent the authorization and filling of the prescription by instituting medically unnecessary and overly cumbersome requirements, (I.E. Medical evidence beyond the normal and customary medical submissions) on the provide and male patient with almost always results in a 1st level denial.

Yet in the case of a transgender teenage woman that desires to become a man and requests the same testosterone therapy, (and is not a medical necessity as cited from the above case of a male) she needs none of the above described medical documentation or proof of medical necessity, (I.E. Blood tests showing low t as in a man who needs this t replacement therapy). This proves that CVS Caremark discriminates against certain classes of clients, yet serves another class of client without the same internal requirements for filling a prescription.

I take branded ** - have for years, it works for me and with my manufacturer's discount, I pay $3 for 90 day supply... Or I did until our "new" Caremark service got involved. After calling my local CVS to refill my **, I was told I wasn't allowed to have branded and that if an exception were to be made, my doctor would have to appeal to Caremark. Excuse me? Beyond the medication decision being between me and my doctor, if Caremark doesn't pay for it as it's not in their "formulary", fine - I'll pay for it myself. What right does Caremark have to decide for me what I can or can't have??

It gets better - apparently Caremark mail order decided to take my request for my Crestor refill from my local CVS, fill it with generic and charged my HSA $58.94 without clearing it with me. I've sent a message to their customer service - I'd like to return the generic and have my money refunded, but we know that won't happen. To ensure they can't fill any more scripts and charge me, I've removed my HSA and credit card info. I will also be moving all my scripts to a local CVS and/or pay for my medication myself.

[Updated 3/23/2017] As a follow up to my experience attempting refill my long-standing script for ** - I spent several hours yesterday being shunted from customer (no) service to pharmacy tech to pharmacist dealing with the issue of my taking brand rather than generic. Ultimately I was told that my $58 charge would be refunded and they would note my file to contact me if any order for ** or the generic equivalent was sent in for mail order fill. No refund as yet.

This morning I got a call from my doctor's office. Caremark has since contacted them and suggested three other ** I could take (on their formulary) in lieu of ** or its generic (gives me hives) and wants to know what ** I've used in the past. With a family history of elevated lipids, I've used a ** for well over 20 years. Over that time period my doctors have determined that ** works best for me. So excuse me if I go with my doctor's decision rather than a customer service rep who may or may not have a medical background!

CVS/Caremark is a new mail over Pharmacy for my insurance Blue Shield. I recently ordered test strips for my Touch One Glucose monitor that my Blue Cross Primary Doctor recommended. A representative from CVS/Caremark contacted me to verify the One Touch supplies I needed. The delivery came and it was for a completely different monitor Accu-Chek. When I read the documentation enclosed it said they contacted my Doctor and he changed the prescription. When I called my doctor's office they said that was not true. When I called CVS/Caremark they just put me on hold. When called Blue Shield they said there was nothing they could do about it. Run. Do not walk, but run from these people. You would be better off just flushing your money down the toilet.

I have had prescription written for 30 pills for my morning sickness. They will only cover 12 pills in 15 days. Now my doctor is trying to get them to cover more, but while I am waiting I literally can't keep down water. So I am waiting for either the insurance company to approve something more or for me to be dehydrated enough to warrant a trip to the ER.

My doctor prescribed a new medicine that I needed to start ASAP. I called Caremark as the Rx was electronically sent to them. I told them I needed the Rx ASAP and they said I could pay for 2 day shipping $17 dollars and I specifically asked them the shipper and they told me UPS. I have had absolutely no problems with UPS (I have had many problems with USPS with the shipment of meds) so I again specifically asked them "was the shipper UPS". They said "yes". I ok'd the extra charge and this morning I went on my computer and they sent it via USPS parcel select lightweight which shows a 2 to 9 delivery day span. Why would I pay extra when I would have received the meds via normal mail in that time. Why are they lying to their customers?

I visited my Doctor on Jan 3, 2017 and was given a prescription for medication for my knee that is a specialty medication. When I handed the prescription to the pharmacist I also handed him my prescription card from TMESYS/Helios which is the medication provider for Xerox' workman's comp provider Sedgwick. It is now almost 2 months later and I still do not have the medication. I have been told repeatedly that there would be a co pay because for almost 6 weeks they attempted to put it through BCBS.

By the time I finally got it thru to them that it should not go thru BCBS the script had run out. Now they had to get another from the Dr. I cannot adequately express my utter frustration. I have made multiple phones calls sometimes in the same day and talked to a multitude of CVS employees, provided the correct information on TMESYS/Helios and contacts at Sedgwick several times to no avail. CVS is one of the recommended pharmacies used by TMESYS/Helios and I will go elsewhere when this med is needed again.

I have two addresses, a winter one in Arizona, and a summer one in Minnesota. On my latest prescription I called and was assured that it would be sent to my Arizona address. Wrong! They sent it to my Minnesota address. This morning, they blamed the post office, saying that CVS had addressed it to my Arizona address. How stupid do they think I am? How would the Post Office even know my other address? I'm out of the pills, since they won't refill until the very last minute, so they said to get some from a local CVS Pharmacy. I informed the representative that I had called two CVS stores and they don't have the pills on hand. The rep asked if there was a Walgreen nearby. Well, yes there is, but I asked her just how I was supposed to get these pills from their competition without a prescription?

I really wonder if anyone at this company really has a clue as to how inept they are? In the meantime, since I am a diabetic, and these pills are necessary to control my blood sugar levels, I wonder if they even care that I might go into diabetic shock. Since they won't send even a few pills out via Fed Ex, but said I would have to wait for another prescription via mail, and even that would take a couple of days to process, they show that they could care less about my life, or health! In the meantime, the prescription that they assured me would be, and "was" sent to Arizona is "out for delivery" to my Minnesota mail box!

New insurance this year and I have to use CVS Caremark for a specialty drug. I started the process of getting this two weeks ago! After calling several different numbers, having my doctor fax to several different numbers, they finally have my script now need to verify my insurance (which BCBS says they have access to instantaneously) and it will be sometime next week before I even can set up shipment on a drug that I NEED and am OUT OF! Their customer service stinks! No one wants to help! No one can find any answers! I'm ready to pay full price and go elsewhere just so I don't have to deal with them!!!

SilverScript CVS Caremark Part D is rip off scam! Thyroid med, 10 bucks cash price for 90 day supply. If I use insurance 40 bucks for 90 day supply for same exact generic medication! Joined because according to website ** insulin is on The formulary. When I went to fill it, said it was not on formulary and was given 30 day supply and told I needed to apply for an exception! Insulin syringe... Cash price 75 bucks! If I use insurance, 150 bucks!! So shopping drugs stores for best price is no longer relevant! They charge you according to tier regardless of cost of drug.

So I also pay 35 a month for the insurance that saves me no money that I'm not using because cost more to use insurance than paying just cash! So called and found out if I drop the insurance that when I sign up for new plan next year, I will be charged a penalty fee for not having the drug coverage! So now I'm in a waiting game to find out if I can change plans due to my complaint of a "poor performance" drug plan. It does not get any more stupid than this! Stay far away from SilverScript CVS Caremark prescription plan!

My prescriptions are written for 3 months and on auto fill. They never ship until I call and beg them for my order. Case in point - my last order was sent October 30, 2016 for 90 pills. Here is Feb 1 and I have spent hours on the phone and talked to five different people who told me different stories. One promised my medication would be sent overnight (their cost) on January 31. I called when I did not receive it and was told it was shipping today - Feb. 1. Today there is a tracking number that says it is waiting to be sent to USPS, and it could take 10 days. I will be out of medication by that time and have to go to my doctor and get a sample until I get it. If there is any other company you can use, do it and do not get involved with this one.

Every experience with this company is filled with mistakes, rudeness, ineptitude & misery. Every order has errors, every call takes 45 minutes & every employee you talk to gives you a different falsehood. I have no choice in what company I am forced to get my medication from as I am unlucky enough to work for the State of Kansas which contracts with this massive joke of a company which I think is criminal as they are our insurance provider & the company we are forced to buy from... monopoly???

If you are not forced to deal with them do yourself a favor & don't! They are unfamiliar with the contract with the state & no one will give me a straight answer. My calls have been disconnected when I questioned billing & customer service call notes "disappear". The specialty pharmacy ordering agent actually told me "customer service doesn't know anything". I was told two weeks ago that I have reached my out of pocket max for the year & the rest of the year I will not be billed but after I place my next order I was told I owed 4800.00. No one could find the customer service call center notes or could explain the difference. They promised to get answers & call me the next day but no call was received. Their website for the specialty pharmacy offers no information that is helpful & the parent company CVS Caremark's website is yet again different information. Having my health in their uncaring hands is horrible.

We recently signed my husband up for mail order drug service with Caremark. The very first medication they sent for his blood thinners was something we had never heard of. I had to call the doctor's office to find out what it was. I was told it was a blood thinner, just a different manufacturer. I then received a letter from Caremark stating that the drug was not covered under his plan and to call his healthcare provider for approval. I got someone on the line and they in turn got Caremark on the line. I asked how his meds got changed to a different one without approval. Caremark said it was something I needed to take up with our healthcare provider and the healthcare provider vice versa. A pharmacist was added to the conversation until 4 people were on the line and no one could answer a damn thing.

Bottom line Caremark changed the doctor's prescription to a generic of the generic my husband was already taking and it was covered as a tier one even though not in my formulary book. I asked Caremark why I was even sent the letter and why we were wasting everyone's time. She said she was sorry (didn't sound a bit like she was) and said if I didn't have anymore questions that she had other people to help. Maybe if they hadn't sent the letter in the first place we wouldn't have had to have this conversation! So far we are not impressed!

150% Price increase on a generic drug. I've been taking ** for over 5 years for chronic joint pain and depression. Been paying $75 for a three month supply of (** 120 mg daily) the generic of ** for a year or more now. Imagine my surprise when I was told by a CVS rep this morning that my co-pay for this prescription will now be $200. If this wasn't already a shock to my system the rep stating that it can be $173 if I ordered it today but it will go up. CVS has used this type of tactic in the past with me, (the price varies from month to month they say) and I don't buy into it. I asked them to put a hold on any further prescriptions. I don't believe they don't know the price of the drugs they buy in great quantities wholesale and sell retail at an exorbitant profit. Someone has to stop these type of pharmacies and the only way to do it is to stop purchasing their goods, which I plan to do.

I have fault with them off and on for years over illegal charges to my bank account that they then finally reverse. The latest issue was my Dr sent a prescription with a quantity that did not match the directions. Well they feel that they have the right to correct this based on the directions never considering the Dr might have messed up the directions and sent me my 90 day supply that would actually on last me 30 days. Without informing anyone! Well if they had informed me to the DR we would have realized the issue addressed the problem. Instead I go 20-25 days and I'm almost out and go to get more not realizing what happened. They do the same thing 3 more times me insisting each time they are wrong then they explained that the actual physical prescription sent from the DR said ** which only gave me the 30 days but the quantity the DR ordered was 45 which would have given me my 90 days. So now I know what happened.

I reach out to the DR Office who got on the phone with CVS Caremark to solve the problem. Then my prescription sat for three days saying "being processed", so I call and find out no reason just stopped. Then they cancel and resubmit the prescription they worked out with my DR. A day after I'm out of medicine. Now I'm being told I need a new prescription is needed which magical came in while on the phone with the Executive recovery team. No 2 weeks and they say they have no idea when I can have my medicine that I have been without for 2 days already.

I have been dealing with CVS Caremark for 4 days now. My son has a serious infection, for which antibiotics were prescribed. When I went to the pharmacy to get his prescription, I was told he didn't have prescription coverage. After trying every insurance possible (I have United healthcare for medical & CVS Caremark for prescription) I was told he was still NOT covered. I contacted CVS Caremark and they confirmed that he was not covered for the last 15 months. I asked why not and they blamed my employers benefits department. I was told to contact my HR department or United healthcare. I contacted United healthcare (my HR department was already closed) and they told me it was CVS Caremark I needed to speak to.

I called my HR department the next morning and they said they didn't show a lapse in coverage. That they would resend eligibility paperwork to CVS Caremark and that it would take 24-48 hours but that they would escalate it. I tried to pick up my son's prescription the next day and still a NO. I called CVS Caremark and again they blamed my HR Department, so I called HR. They said it was a priority and again, they didn't see a lapse in coverage, to contact CVS Caremark. I called CVS Caremark AGAIN, and they told me they had my spouse as my child, and my child had no coverage. I asked how this could happen if I've been getting insurance deductions from every paycheck (I told my HR Department the same thing) and they said they didn't know but admitted their mistake.

So I keep calling CVS Caremark for 4 days now (HR for 3 days) multiple times and all they do is apologize and say they understand, meanwhile my child is sick without any medication. So I finally get a call saying it's been resolved, go to the pharmacy and still CANNOT get my son's medication. I called both departments back and they're saying it's gonna take another 2 days! If I've been paying to have coverage, why are they taking their time to fix their mistake? Both departments have admitted mistakes on their ends but keep pointing the finger at each other as well (every time I speak to a new representative, I get a different story). Finally, Caremark stated my son has not had coverage since December 31st 2014, THAT'S TWO YEARS!! Why pay for insurance if they can cut you off whenever they choose to?

I'm disgusted with the customer service with CVS Specialty Pharmacy. My son and I have a prescription for ** and have a ** Co-Pay card that covers the script and bills us only $5. With that said... EVERY time I deal with the customer service they are completely lacking the necessary ability or skills for a very simple procedure. They are incompetent with all aspects of the process, from beginning to end. I cannot ever get a knowledgeable person to do these 3 simple things, Setting up the account (Run the ** as PRIMARY) - SHIP the ** - AND BILL CORRECTLY for the **. Shame on you CVS Specialty Pharmacy! What is the point of having customer service if nothing gets accomplished? All that has happened is a very frustrated customer that cannot receive the medication that can improve the quality of life for my son and I.

I would rather wait on the phone for 3-4 hours to receive a COMPETENT customer service rep. But instead you have nothing but INCOMPETENCE! I could summarize each and every mistake on behalf of CVS and would love to talk to SOMEBODY in upper management but there is NEVER a Supervisor or Manager available or EXIST? So if there is upper management, I hope you read this and do something about your horrible service. I wish I could switch to a different pharmacy but this is the only one that works with ** Co-Pay card. So where does that leave me, the customer? Basically screwed! Today I called due to a $4,120.00 bill that should only be $5! The customer service rep. response as they always do is they are sending the account to upper billing dept. and wait 24-48 hours. I have done this process SO many times with the same end result, NOTHING gets fixed, just back at square one. (This is only one example)

Is this acceptable CVS pharmacy in your eyes? I tell you one thing, I will NEVER step foot in a CVS pharmacy store front again! I will spread the word to all my friends, family, social media that this is the WORST company to work with and should be shut down due to TOTAL INCOMPETENCE! You should wipe out all your customer service reps and start from a clean slate because every single one is useless. SHAME ON YOU!

Prescription sent by M.D. to CVS. Cost, when I picked up, was 3.5X than stated by insurance co. formulary for 2017. I questioned cost...pharmacist was insistent that cost was right. DRUG TIER LEVEL FOR 2017 was lower than 2016 and pharmacist insisted that the price was correct. I paid for it as it was for angina, And I NEEDED IT!!! I am presently attempting to get reimbursed... So far, no luck. Have previously had no problems on employer insurance... now retired... and this. Pharmacy not up to date on drug tiers!!! SHOULD BE!

My insurance company (United Healthcare) and pharmacy (CVS Caremark) are mandated by employer contract. Only a few years ago, I could go to any pharmacy of my choosing. Now, I must use CVS Caremark. It is so frustrating. They are the worst! I was told my Rx was in stock and I could pick it up the NEXT DAY! Then when I returned the following morning, I was told the Rx was NOT in stock, but it had been ordered. When I mentioned that the pharmacy clerk "yesterday" had indicated the medicine was in stock, I was told I was wrong & that the clerk had never said such a thing. I asked that clerk, "Were you there yesterday?" The answer was, "No, but it's still not in stock. What do you expect me to do? (with a tinge of sarcasm)"

The local CVS never has my meds, and they take forever to fill my prescriptions. AND they are more expensive than the other pharmacies in the area, with horrible service to boot! I HATE "networks" where companies make deals in their own interest, and thereby limit consumer choice. Ultimately, it traps us in bad relationships with terrible companies like CVS Caremark! Grrrr...

I have had the unfortunate pleasure of ordering from CVS Caremark Pharmacy for over 5 years. Each month I can expect that they will not have the right information on file, send the wrong supplies, not call me back, and I could go on. The very unfortunate part is they know you cannot go anywhere else. Why would they bother treating you like a human, like they care? This is clearly all about money and pushing people through to them. I'm disgusted by the monopoly game I am forced to play and should have the freedom to go somewhere that doesn't make continued mistakes and not care when they do. For years I have kept quiet, I pray and hope anyone reading this has options of other pharmacies, I do not.

Seeing all these negative reviews, I thought I would share my positive experience with CareMark. I know that the health care industry is notorious for taking advantage of people, and I fear a 5 star review in midst of a sea of 1 star reviews may seem like fake, but I also don't want people to get discouraged without even trying to appeal a denial. I've had CareMark for over 2 years now, and never really made a hard demand from them until recently. The usual and typical antibiotics and prescriptions were filled without issues, according to the co-pay they have listed on their formulary.

The most recent problem was, when they denied coverage for the brand name of a medication for major depression. I've been taking the brand-name for over 2 years, and I've been filling it with a special-arrangement payment system, so never really bothered trying to get it through CareMark, until now. The denial was immediate, and the brand name was not listed on the formulary at all. I tried calling them, and after multiple transfers, I was told that there is nothing they can do to override it.

I definitely have to agree that the hold times were ridiculous... I was on the phone for over an hour just waiting for a representative. I asked them for an appeal process, and they provided me with a fax number for my prescriber to send an appeal letter to. They don't even have an official form or anything, but I asked them for specific guidelines: What information should be in the letter? Should I include my member ID? What about my DOB? What other info usually helps? What is the turnaround time? Is there any way to expedite the process? Are appeals usually approved? What are the reasons for common denials? I also googled "how to write an appeal letter," and made sure that included all the info necessary.

Apparently the way to have the appeal process expedited in NYC is to write in BIG RED LETTERS on the top of the letter, "URGENT." Quaint. Thankfully, I received an automated phone call saying that my appeal has been approved for the duration of 1-year. My doctor's letter stated the medical necessity behind the brand prescription, and the generic versions I have tried in the past and why it did not work. Considering that CVS CareMark does not have a contract with the manufacturers of this brand name drug, I was really grateful and pleased to think that perhaps CareMark does indeed care about the well-being of their insured. I really don't know how to else to interpret it - they're not getting a discount on it, so essentially they just agreed to pay for this expensive brand name medication that costs over $1,500/month, just so that I can continue my treatment for major depression.

I'm not sure if this is a very rare case, like a needle in a hay stack. As mentioned above, this was the first time I had to make a heavy demand from CareMark, so I cannot say as to whether these approvals are common. Nonetheless, I am very thankful that I can at least expect to get coverage for the brand name drug for a year.

I have called CVS Specialty Pharmacy over a dozen times to get my specialty medication filled. Each time I called I was told a slightly different story, but bottom line: they didn't have the information needed to fill the prescription. When I talked to my Doctor's office, they said that CVS did have the appropriate information. My Dr. talked to CVS Specialty Pharmacy and was assured that they had the prescription and that all I had to do was call and set up the shipping. When I called to do that, suddenly my prescription has disappeared. I was hung up on several times. I was left on hold for long periods of time. I was promised calls back which never occurred. Now it's a month later and I am sicker and sicker. Soon I will not be able to go to work.

My insurance forces me to use this so-called pharmacy for my "specialty" medication. It took no less than 2-3 hours to get enrolled and 6 phone calls, then another 2 weeks for them to get their paperwork together and get me approved. Got a message telling me they are ready to ship my medication. Please call them. I did. I was told that he had to connect me to the correct department to get me enrolled and that would take 20 minutes?! Uh, no. I AM enrolled... already did that, not doing that again.

Ohhhh... then I am asked, since I didn't want to go through the enrollment questions, some questions regarding my "refill." Have I had any symptoms that could be related to the side-effects of the medication? Since taking the medication, has my condition improved or worsened?! They can't get my personal information correct, cannot find me in their system, are asking me stupid questions pertaining to medication I have not yet taken, and I am supposed to trust them to get me the correct medication, in the correct dose, in the correct time frame?! I think not!!!

I needed a refill from a compounding pharmacy (I've had this same medication made at this pharmacy since 2009) and it was always covered at least 50% by the old RX company with my insurance. Now they switch to CVS Caremark and they tell me I have to pay 100% because one of the ingredients is NOT FDA approved. What a load of **. It is just hormones. I use bioidentical (which have to be compounded). They are made from plants. I refuse to use the hormones that most doctors push on women which a main ingredient is pregnant horse urine. ONE: I don't want to put horse pee in my body. TWO: I don't want some poor pregnant animal being tortured. I don't fill this RX except once every few years (I only use them when things get bad for a few days as I have other health issue which makes taking hormones constantly dangerous).

Then the 2nd thing was the quit smoking patches. I found out they were covered and could be reimbursed. I called to find out in detail what I needed to send. I followed their instructions to a T. Only to have them send it back weeks later telling me it was sent to wrong address (I sent it to the address their customer service told me to send it to). Then they mail back copies of my ONLY original receipt and Dr. RX. I call them again. They say fill out the CVS Caremark form and send it to them. I said "what about my original receipts that you kept." They said, "Oh we have those, it will be ok, just send CVS the copies we sent you." I did that, only to be refused yet again weeks later by CVS citing I must send originals.

OMG, what a load of crap, this is just a GREEDY company trying to get out of paying for anything by making it impossible and such a hassle to get your meds. I am infuriated even more by the fact that people older than me (like my mom) and people with life threatening illnesses that need medication to survive are more than likely being treated like this too. In my case, I just had to pay 100% for my stuff, despite the money I obviously waste for this worse than useless RX plan (I will be looking elsewhere next year when open season comes around for a plan NOT covered with CVS **).

Why do they call themselves CVS CAREMARK??? Just change it to what it really is CVS DEATHMARK, because after reading some of the reviews of poor people with cancer that they are screwing over on their meds, they don't CARE about nothing but MONEY. Human life is just worthless to them, cause God knows those CEO paychecks and bonuses are what they consider important. So what if people die??? Well, I hope you all are wearing asbestos suits, cause my understanding is it's REAL HOT in HELL!! Shame on you CVS BSMARK!! :(

Both my wife and I have CVID. We are required to infuse regularly to boost our immune system. Recently, our company switched to Caremark. What a nightmare it has been to get desperately needed blood plasma and nurse to continue treatment of our life sustaining condition. My wife is traumatized by fear she will not get her needed medication on-time and nurse to administer her needed blood-plasma. We contacted Caremark January 6, 2017 and are still getting the runaround by their inept and siloed Specialty Pharmacy that has had us contact our Doctor on numerous and separate times to obtain authorization and prescriptions for the amount of medication, equipment, up to and including band-aids and cotton swabs that can be purchased over-the-counter under the pretext that the State of Illinois requires this level of minutiae.

Instead of having a checklist listing the required meds and equipment so only one call or fax be sent to our Doctor, we continue to call our Doctor and separate Caremark representatives to try and complete the order. Well, it has been 10 days and my wife continues to get the runaround with demands for more prescriptions and authorizations. Her infusion is this Thursday, January 19th and it appears she will not be receiving her much needed infusion.

God only knows when "We Don't Caremark" will get their act together and get my wife her meds. Meanwhile, she is anxious, worried and fearful she will get sick and end up in the hospital. In sum, I wouldn't recommend "UnCaremark" to anyone. Their service is atrocious and their Specialty Pharmacy totally uncaring and inept. All they can say is "we're sorry". Well, both me and my wife are sorry the Company contracted with this bunch of incompetents. Stay away from this lousy outfit. They'll literally kill you and go on to poorly serve the next victim (customer). I'll let you know how much more Chinese water-torture my wife must endure until "We Don't Caremark" gets their act together. Christmas is how many days away?

This has to be the worst company in the history of companies and that could very well be an understatement. I have been trying to have a prescription filled with them since December 28th. After about 6 phone calls and tons of frustration with their customer support reps, I was told that my medications would arrive today 1/11. Needless to say, that did not happen! Upon calling yet again and being placed on eternal hold, the only answer that the Pharmacy rep could give was that she had no idea why my order wasn't shipped! I asked to escalate to a supervisor and her response was that I needed to call earlier in the day in order to reach an escalations rep???

I am baffled at the lack customer service and the fact that the face of this company don't seem to care. At the very least you would think that they could offer an apology for the inconvenience of me having to call back to police medication that I am paying dearly for. And what's worse is that I don't have the option to go anywhere else to have it filled! End of story, I still have no answers except that I will need to take time out of my busy work day to spend another half hour to figure out what has gone wrong during the last seven calls to this joke of a company!! Some of us live in pain daily and need medication just to make it from day to day. It seems that this company would try to be more efficient since I'm sure that's something they hear every day!!

Caremark - RX Inc Company Profile