3.9/5 (1868 ratings)

About CVS Caremark

CVS Caremark Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

The CVS I use is all the way across town from where I live. I only use that one. I am willing to drive 10 plus miles to go to that one. My pharmacist team is so personable and helps me with EVERY TIME.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I have a CVS by me. I always find good deals in the Sunday papers. When I get to the store I always find great finds to add to my list. My store even has some clothes. A friend told me her store does.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I really like shopping at CVS because of their coupons. I get a new batch every week and save a lot of money by using them. I'd save a lot more than I do if I weren't a guy. I don't use cosmetics!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I have CVS setup as my automatic pharmacy. The one near my house is 24 hours because it's close to a hospital. I like the added coupons as a rewards member and I use them often. I shop there for deals.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I have mail order thru CVS Caremark and it is great. Never have to worry about running out of my medicine and I never have to contact my dr for refills. It is taken care of. This is a great service.

Original review: July 8, 2021

They refused to allow me to fill my prescriptions at my local non-CVS pharmacy, saying I had to call in and opt-out of a mail order system, for some reason. After being tossed around and redirected to various people, I learned that I was lied to. I couldn't "opt out". I was told my only options were to use the mail-in system or switch to the more expensive CVS pharmacies. I'm not using CVS Pharmacies solely out of principle now. To try to bully and force people into using your business is barbaric and the epitome of what is wrong with the US healthcare system. Screw CVS Caremark, Screw CVS, avoid them if you can at all costs!

Original review: June 28, 2021

I got my transplant two months ago. After my transplant, I asked my doctors to send the prescription to CVS Caremark and my nightmare starts. First of all, as a transplant patient, I need to take my medicine ON TIME every day. Second, the hospital I had transplant is one of best in US. When I called them, they always response on time. Last month, I was not able to receive my medicines on time. So, I had to work with the hospital to get 7 day supplies with $200 own pocket money in order to ensure I have my pills on time.

This month, I submitted my refill request on line. Then, I noticed I did not get my refill right away. I called Caremark and they told me they connected with my doctor for refill but did not get response. So, I need to call my doctor. I did and the doctor office felt strange as a patient why I had to call as it was CVS responsibility. My answer is I do not know why but I knew they were never on time. I just want to ensure I get my medicine.

After I got my prescription, two out of 5 medicines was put in a different order. One shows they have questions in one of medicines and wait for the doctor to confirm. I felt so worried because this was the second month I took the medicine and Why did they ask the question last month? If it is really issue, I guess I had already been damaged by this mistake. I called Caremark and they said they were waiting for doctor response. I called the doctor office and they said they had already called. I called Caremark again and they said in their system, it did not show they connected. So, I had to ask Caremark to connect with my doctor office in front of me. Finally resolved.

I was told the second pending medicine will be available to me on Sunday and I need to pay next day delivery fee. Sure, I am ok to pay premium in order to receive my medicine. On Sunday, I did not receive it and checked the system and showed it will be delayed. I had to called Caremark again today and they said I might be allergy to this and they are waiting for doctor to call back. I asked the second medicine cannot be available to me as promised and why they did not ask the doctor when they connected last week. The person told me that when they tried to fill the medicine, they found I might be allergy to it! I did not realized they reviewed the medicine one by one and the issue only identified just before they filled the medicine! Of course, we all know the process causes the delay. What amazing processes I had to go through!

Original review: June 27, 2021

I have never worked with a company that is so disorganized! Unfortunately, I must continue to work with CVS as my insurance company has chosen them to be their specialty pharmacy. Each time I must call, I talk with a different person and then am asked to call again for some other reason. My computer file must be a mile long with CVS as I have had problems getting my medication (** for asthma) sent to my doctor on time. My doctor has had to give me sample injections before since my medicine did not arrive on time for my injection and CVS says that I owe them over $1000! My insurance covers the injections and I do not owe anything--which I have talked with three different people on three different occasions about-each time the customer service agent agrees that I do not owe.

On one occasion, I received an injection that I had to send back per CVS. In doing this, the medication was damaged by not being kept at a low temperature. I asked and was told that the injection would be destroyed! Just think, that was over $600 wasted that I or someone else could have received and was denied this due to red tape! This past week, I called as instructed by CVS and talked with someone who assured me all was well and that my injection would arrive on time. Today, only two days before my shot is due, I received an email that my medication was on hold and I would need to call again. Well, I will do this tomorrow morning since CVS Specialty does not open on the weekends. How many countless hours must I spend on the phone just to ensure that I continue to stay healthy? Sincerely, Lisa **

Original review: June 16, 2021

My insurance coverage is best via CVS Caremark 90 day mail service, unfortunately they are the worst. I have had numerous issues with them shipping out prescriptions incorrectly and then I need to mail back the prescriptions for them to then send the correct prescriptions. If the Dr. sends script for branded, they don't call you to understand what is needed if you could change to generic. They just ship it out. Then once you receive it, you need to call, complain, wait for return shipping label (15+ days) and return it. Then wait to receive the correct medications. It's an absolute joke.

If I walked up to a typical pharmacy I'd never have issues like this because you're having a conversation when dropping off the script or before picking it up. Some times they even call you to let you know it's ready. This type of communication doesn't exist with CVS Caremark. Be prepared to spend a lot of time on the phone with them to make sure you get what's needed and it's covered... Oh and also, they request you to reach out to the doctor to send over information updated prescriptions, they do not contact the doctor. I'm at the point where I'm willing to pay more to get my prescriptions from another pharmacy, CVS Caremark wastes too much of my time. It's not worth saving a few bucks due to my insurance coverage...

Original review: April 29, 2021

For routine Rx refills CVS Caremark mail order works great. They do have problems with refilling Rx's that require a doctor's approval or a new Rx. CVS regularly has has problems with these orders. You typically end up contacting customer service, then you WILL have problems. Their OVERSEAS call center is terrible! Most of the reps speak poor English at best. They often don't understand the problem & you waste your time. After 6 years with CVS Caremark I'm resolving the problem. At the start of next year I'm switching to Anthem RX or Walgreens for my Medicare Part D service.

CVS Caremark Company Information