Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.53/5
Based on 1,216 ratings submitted in the last year

Unsubscribe at any time.

CVS Caremark Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

Once I received authorization from my insurance company, the original pharmacy I was dealing with had to transfer my prescription to CVS Specialty Pharmacy. After a week of not hearing about my prescription, I called my original pharmacy and was told it was transferred to CVS, and that they were supposed to have called to inform me and get my info. Did not hear from them in a week so I contacted them. once on the phone with someone giving them all my info for an hour and a half. Half an hour after I got off the phone, I received a message from CVS stating I had to enroll. So, I called them back, only to be on hold for nearly 2 hours, only to give up without speaking to anyone. I then received another message from them, immediately called back, and was on hold for another hour without speaking to anyone.

I was hoping that the initial person I spoke with for an hour and a half and gave all my info to, was telling me the truth and my medication, that I have been waiting over two weeks to get, was to be delivered today. I called the number back from the message I received again today, only to be on hold for another hour, but at least this time someone picked up. I was transferred to a pharmacist, who asked all the same questions that the person I had spoken with the night before had had asked, which I had answered. Now I'm being told, my medication will be shipped tomorrow. This is by far the most incompetent, non customer service company I have ever dealt with! If I had the option to give a negative star review, I would! I am speaking with a representative from the drug company and my insurance plan to let them know of CVS' incompetence, in the hope that I can use another pharmacy.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Spent a total of 1 hour 45 minutes trying to get a preferred pharmacy located and drug exception addressed. Finally gave up!! I may get a response in 72 hours regarding the drug exception. Transferred randomly to a number of agents. The pharmacy locator to identify only preferred pharmacies does not work as it provided me a total of 97 rather than the correct, preferred 5 pharmacies. I will not renew my coverage in 2021.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I had to type this review out again because the site logged me out. I just called CVS Caremark to tell them how I felt. The one star was for getting someone on the phone quickly and the lady on the other end of the line who was nice. This company is unethical and irresponsible. I do not appreciate a company who spoofs the number of the local CVS Pharmacy to call me from a call center in India to tell me that "I'm calling to change your prescriptions to a 90-day supply, okay?" No, I responded, I won't be changing my prescriptions to a 90-day supply. I do not need a 90-day supply, nor do I have the money to pay for such a large order right now.

The company is only concerned with saving themselves money, not the patient. I do not appreciate being forced to only use CVS Pharmacy or their mail-order service to get my medications, nor do I appreciate being forced into a 90-day supply, or else none of my prescriptions will be covered at all. This is tyrannical, and could very well spell death for some patients who are on a limited income, do not have a CVS Pharmacy nearby, have no transportation, and whose only option is an unreliable mail-order service.

I have used mail-order pharmacies in the past and never will again. Read more of the reviews here and you will find that CVS Caremark's mail-order service is highly unreliable and I would not trust it whatsoever. I do not want some online company having my debit/credit card number to charge and send me medications whenever they so please. CVS Caremark is militant about doing things their way, or else you can choose the highway. Well, that's my choice. I'd rather have my prescriptions filled at Wal-Mart without using the benefit at all than use this unethical company.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Do not use this co. They are incompetent and when they change your drug they do not tell you that you need a pre authurization to get the new drug even when they change you to it. Stay away from this co. They suck!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

My name is David **. I am at a loss of who to speak to at this point regarding a major problem between patients and CVS Specialty Pharmacy. I am going to try my best to explain this situation as quickly as I can. Monday 31st alone I have been on hold for over 4.5 hours and have spoken to 7 different people in one day. None of which have resolved a mistake that they made. I am now on the phone on hold as we speak with an associate. August 17th - I started a new medication called **. A very important medication. This medication prescription was given to CVS Speciality around the 17th. I spoke with someone on the 17th and set up my card to pay for any co-pay. August 19th - I waited a few days and heard nothing. I then called back and was told they had issues with my doctors. Yet, my doctor called the same pharmacy 3 times in one day and all 3 times they told him there were no issues.

August 24th - I had to use a patient representative through the pharmaceutical company Novartis distributor of **. They were finally about to reach someone at CVS who said the issue was with my insurance. So that was supposed to be resolved even after speaking with my insurance. August 25th - I was told there are no issues and my medication would be filled Friday (28th). Monday 31st - I received an automated phone call stating my medication was fine, that there were no issues and that it would be shipped to me. I called after and was on hold for collectively 2 hours. Each person has given me different answers.

[ UPDATE ] Tuesday morning Sep 1st: I have to call yet again to check on my medication and I am being told the same exact thing again and being asked the same exact questions that I have answered at least 6 times. Your member ID was inputted wrong what is it" "the code for your medication is incorrect" "I have to call the pharmacist" This is with an associated named Elizabeth. Every time I called I was told I needed to talk to the pharmacy directly and was transferred to them. Yet they would not help me at all.

The associate named Schakai ** was extremely rude and unorganized and clearly had no idea what she was talking about but instead of taking responsibility she insisted I was wrong. They left me on hold for over an hour altogether. I then told her I needed to speak with a manager because this was getting out of hand. She then transferred me to a man stating he was the manager. This manager said that CVS inputted the code for the medication wrong and that was the issue. He stated he was fixing the issue himself and would call me back in 2 hours.

After 3 hours of not hearing anything I called back. I was hung up on 3 times. Only until I blocked my number did someone answer the phone call. A man answered and said he knew who I was and transferred me to the same manager who then hung up again. This was the direct number to the pharmacy 1-866-833-3752. I had to now call the main line and spoke to a representative named Justin. I then explained to him what was going on and he stayed on hold with me until someone finally would help me. And that is the current call I am on now as I type. This is with a woman named Donna. I explained to her what was happening. Donna is now the 7th person I have had to speak to with CVS Speciality Care. She even said that your company is having “problems”.

She is telling me that my insurance number was inputted wrong again and the effective date was inputted wrong by Schakai **. Each number she inputted was exactly one digit off. I find that hard to believe that this was a coincidence. So once again my medication is on hold because of CVS’s mistakes. Donna said the “manager” who I spoke with after Schakai ** never inputted any of my information, never imputed any notes and did nothing. This is the man who was the “manager” that was supposed to call me back. Since he imputed no notes and made on changes she couldn’t tell me his name.

There are so many things that have happened and so many people that I have had to deal with in one day that it is hard even typing it all out. Today alone I have had to call over 15 times speaking with 7 different people. Nothing has been resolved. I have no new information on when I will receive my medication. UPDATE: Now I had to call another 2 times this morning. So that's a total of 17 times and speaking with 8 different people. Your specialty pharmacy that is supposed to be caring for people has only given me harm. Donna who was the last one to try and help me even stated “she would call the pharmacist directly even though they get mad at her.” Can you imagine that? One of your pharmacists is mad about doing their job.

I am a CEO of a company and I would be horrified if I heard of a customer experience like this let alone a patient dealing with medication. That is why I am writing to you directly because I feel like it is the last step I can take at this point. I am still without medication. I am extremely frustrated with CVS Speciality Care services and the only reason why I am still a patient is because your pharmacy is the only one my insurance will work with. If it were up to me I would have moved on days ago but I am stuck. And to feel stuck when dealing with your medications is frustrating and quite honestly concerning to my own health at this point. Because of the way I was treated today I feel physically ill with frustration.

PS: I have now had two different associated with CVS pharmacy telling me there are major issues in the way patients like myself are being treated. Both of the associates have stated they get in trouble by their managers for fixing these mistakes. She said either her manager will let her fix the problem herself or they tell her no because people don't want to do their extra work. Now you have two of your own associates admitting how I have been mistreated by their own admission. How is that? Because of the way I have been treated, how many times I have had to call and mentally exhausting this has been my own health is being impacted. This is a larger problem now. And I am still without medication...

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I have been pretty much forced to use the mail order service. If I have my prescription filled at a retail pharmacy my copayment is $727.00. If I have it filled through the mail order service the cost is $90.00. I have been getting the same prescription filled every ninety days for many, many years. On one occasion my prescription was received on a Monday and delivered to me on Friday of the same week. That is the only time I have received my prescription without going through the nightmare of at least 12-15 hours on the telephone and weeks before the prescription is finally delivered.

I always send the prescription express with a signature required. It always arrives the next day and is signed for. After that the nightmares begin. The last time I had it filled the claim form and the prescription were scanned in. The medication I receive is a controlled drug and an original form must be submitted each time. Once the two were scanned in, the prescription and the claim form became separated. For ten days people were looking for it (I highly doubt this) and it was never found. My doctor had to write the prescription a second time and we had to start all over again. Once the second prescription was received the person who scanned it into the system misread the date and put it on hold for two months. She said "June" looked like "August". Nevermind that neither month was written out - it was written in numerical form. Long, long story short I received my medication one month later.

This is one of the many, many problems I have had to waste my time resolving just to get the prescription filled. When it is time to get my prescription filled again I always become so anxious and know that I have many hours ahead on the phone with people who give me so many different answers. It is impossible to get the same person on the phone twice so I am forced to go through every step of the problem over and over again. I get a different explanation or response from each person. At the end of the call I am so often told 'you know this is a controlled drug". I am not sure how to take that. Yes, I know it is. It is said in a tone that implies something negative.

I feel as though I am being treated like a person attempting to have a prescription filled for ** or **. I have ADHD - have had it all my life. I would do anything not to have to go through this. Why can't CVS Caremark Mail Order Service get their act together??? Life is difficult enough without this experience every ninety days of my life year in and year out.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

Medication was changed on the "formulary" and no longer available even though my husband had approval through June 2021. Told the pharmacy we needed another Prior Authorization; when I called CVS Caremark they told me my husband's Dr. needed to file an appeal. They claim they did not tell the pharmacy we needed another Prior Authorization. There was no notification by mail, email, or text prior to any denial.

We found out from the pharmacy it could not be refilled a week prior to him needing the injection. The new medication that they will approve him being on is $50/month co pay as opposed to $5 per month for the original med he has been on for 3 years. They also want to refill for 3 months at $71, but it needs to be kept refrigerated. What if the power goes out? We do not have a generator. I asked the pharmacy to just keep it in their store fridge and we will get it monthly. They said if we go monthly then its $50/month or $150 if we do not get all 3 months at once.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

NO ONE at CVS Specialty Pharmacy knows what they are doing. I cannot even understand most representatives that I encounter because they are not proficient in English. This is a Big Pharma rip off company that you should avoid if at all possible. You could die waiting for your medication because it's ALL about the MONEY and nothing else. They disgust me.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

ZERO STARS - CAREMARK MAIL ORDER IS THE WORST!!! These clowns will kill someone, if they haven't already, through incompetence and sheer stupidity. My physician's office had to call Caremark and ask for an override for the inhaler for my SEVERE ASTHMA. After 2 refills of 30 days supply, my insurance asks for a 90 day supply either thru Caremark mail order -OR- to pick up at CVS pharmacy (or they will mail via USPS). FYI: if I run out of my medication, I wind up in the hospital ... a VERY BAD place to be during the pandemic. My physician's office approved my 90 day supply, then Caremark promptly denied it as being "too early" to fill, 35 DAYS after my last 30 day supply was filled (I always ask for refills BEFORE I'm out). My physician's office then was forced to call Caremark to ask for an override, as their computers don't track how many days supply, which is ridiculous and unacceptable.

Per my physician's office, Debbie of Caremark, was rude, sarcastic, flippant and unprofessional in the extreme. Debbie is apparently one of those women who must control and steer the conversation to the point of refusing to listen to crucial details from my physician's nurse as to WHY she was calling and what was needed. Debbie wasted so much time trying to control the narrative, and displaying a sub-normal intelligence (her comprehension is VERY low) that a supervisor was requested. Supervisor Lauren took over the call; she was professional, she fixed the issue and reported Debbie to her supervisor. I called Caremark today and spoke to Donna, a very nice lady who took down my complaint about Debbie and apologized many times.

Caremark nearly killed my husband earlier in the year by refusing to fill his high blood pressure meds and NEVER informing him. After he'd run out for several days and his BP was dangerously high, I called CVS and got a few emergency pills while they fixed the MESS Caremark created. Had he suffered a stroke, Caremark would've been the subject of a huge lawsuit. I haven't used Caremark mail service in a long time and I've told my husband to NEVER use them either. CVS retail pharmacy will mail meds via USPS freeing charge. We trust CVS retail pharmacy and shun Caremark for their gross incompetence and negligence.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

Placed 3 orders via CVS.com and had a problem every time. The 2nd order took 2 1/2 weeks before it showed up and now this 3rd order has been sitting in their system for 10 days and has not even been processed, packed, or shipped. I called CVS.com after getting no order updates via email only to be treated like absolute garbage by several reps. They refuse to tell me when the order will ship (keep in mind it's been 10 DAYS since I originally placed the order) and they will not allow me to cancel despite them confirming the order has NOT shipped! The last lady I spoke with literally yelled at me saying "IF YOU DONT LIKE THE ANSWERS I AM GIVING YOU THEN CALL BACK AND TALK TO SOMEONE ELSE!" I can't imagine how people who are sick and dealing with serious health conditions are being treated. This company has forgotten that they are in the HEALTHCARE industry and CARE is apart of that!

CVS Caremark Company Information