CVS Caremark

Compare Pharmacy Benefit Management

Research top Pharmacy Benefit Management recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have been waiting an entire month for the folks from CVS to get my order correct. They claim to have issues calling my doctor and the doctor not responding. They called 1X with me on the phone and magically reached the doctor. A delivery was schedule for today. I called and they confirmed it was on a UPS truck and would be delivered tonight. No delivery was made. If this company can't get the basics right, I am frightened about how they are handling the sensitive medication.

I recently had a catastrophic fire in my home of 13 years. I lost everything I own my whole life including my little puny prescriptions that I need to live everyday life without heart burn. Caremark will not refill my prescription until 21 days. But I can pay for them for $220 some dollars, after I lost everything I've owned in my life. Real compassionate. Great company. Outstanding. WOW.

Our insurance wants us to use this company. Apparently they have some sort of contract with CVS Caremark and Silverscript. So we like to oblige them by using CVS. Everything worked great for me. I like getting my prescription in the mail box. Very convenient. I always receive my refills right on time. I like the way they will call your Doctor and ask for new prescription when you need new refills. Also if you need a medicine immediately you can go to the nearest CVS and have it filled immediately.

I love the experience there. I loved how nice, friendly and helpful they were. The service there is wonderful after my visit. I told all my family, friends and everyone on facebook about my visit. I didn't like how long it take to them to refill my prescription. It took almost 30 minutes and I not trying to be mean but I had a lot to do that day but the staff there was friendly so that kinda made up for how long the wait was. The overall experience for me was like a four out of five, it was a great experience for me and I would definitely go again just time I would like it if they were a little bit quicker.

This provider is dictated by my health plan, so I have to order from them for all of my prescription medications. I like that I can order online and pick up my specialty drugs at the local pharmacy. Also, the website with my full prescription history is helpful. Although, they seem disorganized and repetitive and ask for duplicate info and documentation. In one week I received 3 phone calls for the same purpose. Delays are not communicated properly or handled well. Their performance was adequate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?

I enjoy the convenience of ordering online and not having to pick up prescriptions at a physical store. When prescriptions are sent via mail, instructions and warnings are included. However, they do not follow-up enough with emails advising you it is time to renew. They do not follow-up by phone or text, despite having contact information. My doctor did not receive a renewal request, so I needed to place a follow-up phone call, but generally, the filing has been very easy. They allow you to check an automatic online refill box.

My company switched from Express Scripts to CVS/Caremark in 2017. I loathe that they made this decision. I have had nothing but problems. The first time, they apparently did not like the dosage that my doctor prescribed and charged me nearly $400 for a 90 day supply. I had them change the dosage slightly - and it was a $10 copay. This past month I went to refill my birth control and they wouldn't cover it unless my doctor called in a 90 day supply as opposed to 30 day. My doctor's office did and it was still being declined.

THEY ARE FREAKING BIRTH CONTROL PILLS. And over Labor Day weekend, I realized I was down to one pill of my antidepressant, so I submitted for a refill which is not being covered because it is also not prescribed in a 90 day supply. Do you people understand what it feels like to have to go cold turkey off of this medication?! And then what it feels like when you have to reintroduce it? Why do you insist it has to be in a 90 day supply? I am back at work today and I'm a zombie trying to get through the day. I never had this problem with Express Scripts. EVER. I would give them zero stars if I could.

Fast, easy and convenient. I like the way how fast CVS fills scripts. It gave me everything I need and I was very surprised at how seamless and easy it is to get your script as soon as it is ready. I appreciate this service and would not want to be without it. If I had to pick something I would change, it would be to add more ways in which we can see if our prescription is available. I would like either text, website, call or also any number of ways that we can track and go to pick up our script. I am a big supporter of this and I had an overall awesome experience using this service from CVS.

I only used CVS Caremark because it was convenient... Or I thought it would be but it wasn't. CVS Caremark has refused to fill my family's pain medication because we don't currently fill our pain medication with them. How on earth to do you become a current if they won't let you fill? The customer service is terrible and the employees are rude.

CVS has been very reliable and good to me. They have a loyalty program giving you store cash for every 20 prescriptions filled. I was able to order online and pick up at the local drugstore. They were accurate and had things ready when they said it would be. They have an automatic renewal, have scripts ready when they promise them and contact my dr's if I need a new script. They always acknowledge me, answer all my questions and seem to genuinely care about how I am doing. I am very satisfied with their service and attention to detail.

Great, quick, nice. They offer great customer service and I believe in the same value. They make things convenient and I feel valued as a customer and I am glad and happy. I can't think of anything I don't like about the company. Their product selection is great, their service is top tier, and it's very simple and easy to get what I need. They have made my life easier and I like using them as a company.

I like the convenience and not having to speak to a person or deal with holds on a phone. I especially hate talking to people and this service cuts that out completely. Sometimes it's unclear how long to wait to pick prescription up. I took too long once to pick the prescription up and it was cancelled. It is also hard to know if there's a problem, like they don't tell you of an issue. They just don't fill it and that wastes time. But the process was very easy. I had gotten a birth control prescription online and filled it online and had no issues. They had the type I wanted and it was cost efficient considering I paid out of pocket.

I like CVS Caremark for being very caring. I also like that they have great customer service. They are fast and very accurate too. They contact you right away when the prescription is done. They let me know if there’s any hold up, if they can’t get something and how soon I’ll get it. However, they could use a service that would let me know about when my next prescription is due like Walgreens.

A great place to be. I have never had a bad experience with it. They always seem to do a great job with their customers and I'm glad I go there from time to time. It's nothing to complain about really, but I have always noticed that there are very long lines and I have to wait on somebody so they should try to improve that. Keep it up fellas. Great job. They get an A rating overall.

The website is easy to use and if a prescription is void, CVS Caremark will contact the doctor for a new prescription. I like that the medications arrive in the mail and come as a three month supply. But they do not seem to track when I might need a refill and contact me with a reminder. I have not seen any sign there is an automatic refill. But the process, once I got to the website, was relatively straightforward and easy to use. My insurance had switched to them from another company and all the information was transferred without me having to do anything.

I like that they have good prices and a point system that really pays offs. I also like that I have the option to have my medications delivered to my home rather than have to pick them up. I wish they had more 24 hours store. There been times that I would need something late in the day or early in the morning and I be forced to go somewhere else or drive a distance away from my home to find a 24 hour store. I have never had a issue receiving my medications. I receive them on time and if I had a question or something did not sound right, their customer service been very good in helping me resolve the issue.

It's quick and easy, when you begin trying to get your prescriptions online there is a lot of shuffling back and forth between the dr office and CVS pharmacy, but once it's done, it's very easy to fill. One thing I dislike is how some members of the pharmacy team seem very incompetent and need more training. Also, if you are willing to forego the convenience factor, there are times when you can get prescriptions for extremely lower prices. I've had good experiences, as I mentioned before, once all the paperwork is settled and everything has been given from the dr and given to the cvs online department they will fill your scripts quickly, and efficiently. Not to mention they come right to your door, so nothing is more convenient than that.

I like the fact that CVS Caremark takes care of all the insurance paperwork and only bill me for the copy to a credit card on file. This saves very much time and worry on my part. I would like them to bill and ship prescription medications much faster so there is less risk of running out. This would ease worry and consternation and facilitate better health management. My overall experience has been good enough that I will continue to utilize their services. Or die.

Easy format and convenient. They make it easy to order on your own and so far every order has been done correctly. The instruction are easy to read and the process is simple even for the elderly people who does not have computer experience. I love being able to do this process from my home at when I have time and not on a schedule. So far I have not had any problems. One thing I think you might have a problem with if you don't have some computer experience like the older people they are so use to bring to a pharmacy they get weary using online tools. It needs to show them more details. Also, the product selection for over the counter items could be made bigger with more selections so people would maybe get these items when placing an order so they don't have to go to a store to get them.

The drive thru is usually empty but they often close before this closing time by about ten minutes and refuse to help. Just close by my house, they have good rewards for loyalty. Kinds of expensive but that's convenience. Sometimes they have issues with keeping track of meds. I feel like they have lost my medicine more than once. They are always really nice, the employees are easy to communicate with. The drive thru makes it easy for my busy life. Like the drive thru.

CVS Caremark is close-by my home; I have never tried their mail order service, but their in-store service is always good, plus you can pick up things like juice or tea while you are there. However, they do not have the lowest prices for my Medicare Part D plan, so I haven't used them for a while for any of my Rx's. I do use them for my Flu Shot, as that is covered at full price. No problems at all with using them. If insurance wouldn't cover something, they always called the doctor to see if there was an acceptable alternative.

It is a very good experience. I like that my order is ready, quick and always delivered on time. Very reliable and good to use. Easy to use, easy to work with and very reasonable. I love the site. It is so easy to use and reliable and secure. There is nothing I dislike or would change. Everything about them is great and I love it. Would highly recommend to anyone who wants to use a reliable site and easy to use.

The online interface is actually really easy to navigate and find out where to fill your prescription. The reading screen is easy to read and understand and makes it easy to get things done. If I could dislike one thing I think they should create their own app so you could do it anytime you're on the go or not at home. Other than that there is nothing else I dislike. My overall experience with using this company is I would recommend it to anyone who likes to use the more innovative process of things. Very easy and fast to use.

I trust the CVS brand. The services are easy to use and convenient. I have purchased from them both in-store and online and haven't had any kind of problems. Selecting products was fairly simple and straightforward. It was easy to navigate to where I needed to go and it told me exactly what needed to do. Also, the people in the store are always friendly.

CVS Caremark is fast and reliable without burning a hole in my pocket, especially with how many medications I've needed the past few years. The employees are helpful and friendly as well and always help me get what I need in a timely fashion. The only thing I have an issue with is how they seem to run out of what I need quickly. Also, on several occasions I've ordered my prescriptions, only to arrive when told and find that something somehow has been mistranslated or misplaced and I have to wait a bit longer. It hasn't happened much, but it has happened. Overall, I haven't had too many issues and can't complain much. In general, the whole experience has been more than I've received from others. I will continue to give them my business and hope they improve for the sake of us customers.

I like the ability to submit my prescription and have multiple months available. This ease makes my life much simpler by saving me time and the effort of waiting in a forever line. I wonder if there are ways they could be more competitive with pricing. Maybe by applying any available pharmaceutical coupons automatically? Other than that I say they are a life saver. They have always had all the prescriptions I needed in stock. I was able to provide all my information online through my physician. They provided me with very informative answers when I had to start using a nebulizer. I appreciated their genuine concern and customer service.

CVS provides a quality of care unlike the other corporate pharmacies. CVS also provides the same personal experience as your local neighborhood pharmacy. The sale prices are great, however some of the retail prices are a bit higher than competitors. Maybe if they added new things like they did with the flu shot, one on one consultations, and blood pressure machines but now they could add free mammogram screenings, blood sugar checks, etc. They also got rid of cigarettes which was fantastic, but they should also eliminate the alcohol in stores. Maybe offer some kind of smoking cessation for people who want to quit, patches and gum are a good alternative.

CVS Caremark pharmacy always has the medicines I need in stock with a text or call reminder, so it eliminates wait time and the need to call ahead. The pharmacists and technicians are professional, compassionate, and efficient. I receive one on one consultations about all my medications. My questions and concerns are answered and even encouraged. I never leave or complete an order without feeling completely satisfied, safe, and equipped with the knowledge to properly use medications.

CVS is a good place to order prescriptions online. They have a very good selection of products and it is very easy to use the website and find the medicine I need. They always have my prescription in stock and getting it filled was quick. They also shipped it very quickly with low rates. I am very satisfied with this company. They are very reliable and trustworthy and I would definitely recommend them to everyone.

It's convenient to manage or refill your prescriptions and I like not having to go through the hassle of a phone tree like with a more traditional pharmacy set up. The only inconvenience is that you don't get the refill right away, but that's kind of the nature of the beast with anything that needs to go through the mail. I would give it four out of five stars, the only reason I don't still use the service is that I needed a same day refill for a migraine medication and it was easier to do in store. Very good, I'd recommend.

CVS Caremark was extremely easy to use. I have been shopping at CVS for a million years and will never stop. CVS is my favorite drugstore. Other companies cannot compare to Target or Walmart or other drugstores. I had a fabulous and lovely experience of CVS Caremark company. Love the website and the renewal project. There is absolutely nothing that I would change about the CVS site. I enjoyed using it and it was also super easy to use the app. and I loved getting reminders about my prescriptions. Emailing reminders are great. I love getting my prescription filled on time. I'm getting it mailed directly to me.

CVS Caremark Company Profile