3.73/5
Based on 2,427 ratings submitted in the last year

CVS Caremark Reviews

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

They sent the wrong dose (doctor has proof of the fax with correct prescription) PLUS charged me for another I didn't approve. After MANY calls and complaints PLEADING for help, I was assigned to a "caseworker" who said I would be refund and shipped the correct meds once they get the other 2 returned via their pre-paid label. Guess what? That was 2 weeks ago, still no corrections made. I already had my credit card company freeze any future activity, but now cannot even order anything new because they demand that I use a credit card. I wrote to the CEO Larry Merlo. Let's see if I get any action. Shame the way they take advantage of disabled seniors with limited resources. If I get sick due to lapses in my life saving medications... two words: lawyer up!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I am required by my insurance to use this service in order to save hundreds on my families prescriptions every month. I moved 4 months ago and updated my mailing address in my profile online AND clearly listed then noted the new address on the mail-in form with my families new scripts. Regardless, one of my kids prescriptions was sent to my old address ACROSS THE COUNTRY, yet my other kids was sent to my new address just fine. I called and each rep said it WAS updated in the file. The following month it happened again. I called again and they said it was updated and to 'not worry', it wouldn't happen again as they put a note on our file.

The following month (this month) it happened again and the FIVE DIFFERENT REPS all said my "family profile" had the right address and the other address was not in the profile. This month before I could send family to fetch the shipment it was returned to shipper, CVS. I have called for over 10 days to get them to re-ship what I have already paid for, what I already paid overnight shipping for, what my son NEEDS daily and today we still do not have a prescription nor have they shipped it. Everyone I speak to clearly only has 1-2 tasks they are assigned to do and DO NOT KNOW what or how to help me.

If there wasn't a $300+ difference for this one prescription from mail-order and retail script fulfillment, I would never EVER use this company again. I am disappointed they do not run their business much better, let alone give a damn. There is a clear disconnect from those receiving/inputting the scripts, the actually pharmacists and techs, and those who works the phones. With all the money they are charging me they should be able to use a better software system to ensure something as horrible as this doesn't CONTINUE to happen. The only positive thing I can say about this company is the reps are pleasant and somewhat quick to respond.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I have used other specialty in the past for injectable medications for psoriasis. This company is by far the worst, however, I am told by my company that I "must" use them. I have 2 copayment cards that reduce the cost I must pay for my meds. Every month there is a "problem" on their end where they want to charge me my full copayment. Both my cards are valid, per the drug companies. Tell me they can't get the card to go through and then by the time I contact the drug company, the card has gone through.

This month, I have spoken to both drug companies; CVS specialty pharmacy on 3 occasions; AND Opus (who validates the copay cards for CVS) and still NO medication. I have resent my insurance cards to Opus, answered a ton of questions and still NO meds. I am now out of my medication. Is this a ploy CVS to cut costs by denying people medications their insurance covers? My next phone call will be to the Minnesota Department of Pharmacy to lodge a formal complaint.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

After years of trial and error, I found a hormone medication that works for me. Because Caremark is owned by CVS, I was told my prescription would only be covered at a CVS pharmacy. Well, CVS's distributor doesn't carry my medication. So I can pay out of pocket or take a hormone medication that causes awful side effects. If my prescription coverage was through a different provider, I suspect this wouldn't be an issue. Never before have I been forced to use a specific pharmacy. It seems like a serious conflict of interest that a prescription provider can also own a pharmacy chain. What happened to the anti - monopoly and anti-trust laws?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I recently went through a divorce. I thought I was free and clear but then I got super tired. Doc said that depression looks like that sometimes. Doctor prescribed for me Generic **. I started at another pharmacy that sold Generic made by IMPAX company. Within 1 day I was normal again. Migraines gone, fainting gone, extreme tiredness gone. I was no longer experiencing narcoleptic fatigue at 3 pm. Which is helpful as I am a software developer. Then I was forced to go on another generic by mail order CVS. Well, all the old symptoms came back, lightheaded, less focused, extreme lethargy, week long migraines.

Desperate, I started paying out of pocket 250$$ to get the old generic that worked and now 26 days have passed and I am again productive and focused and without migraines. My daughter also had the same experience with bad generic **. Luckily she is on my ex-husband's insurance which is good. I had to spend an entire hour with my PSYCH to get an override for CVS to pay for this generic. CVS believed her but not me. I turns out that generic ** is an Rx notorious for this issue and there isn't currently much regulation to control efficacy of Rx. Anyhow, CVS needs to do some QA for its suppliers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I have had type 1 diabetes for 10 years and ALWAYS have a problem with refilling prescriptions to the point where it causes anxiety and I know I’m the only one. I just had the easiest phone call refilling ever and she was so nice too. I wish I got her name. I am so shocked, she knew how to fix the problem immediately without having to transfer me multiple times like normally happens, she was so polite, and just kind. I wish I could have her manage my medications every time. Thank you CVS Caremark for providing me my first ever stress free phone call. :)

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

My board certified cardiovascular surgeon with decades of experience put me on **, NOT **, for life. Caremark decided to only cover **. I have contacted them and they haven’t (can’t) put me in touch with the board certified cardiovascular surgeon with decades of experience that made this decision...my guess, there is NO board certified cardiovascular surgeon making these decisions.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I have spent more time on the phone then you can imagine. 3 different times we have gone over all medications 3 different times we have put all of them on automatic renewal. They constantly tell me that my doctor's office is not responding even though I have spoken to the office manager who has personally called them with all information necessary for them to fill the prescription. They also have informed me that my grandson's doctor's office does not respond either. This is ridiculous! I would not choose to deal with them but unfortunately this is the prescription coverage we have through my husband's employer. We previously had mail order coverage through another company..no problems, and working with the same physician offices. My experience with this company has been exhausting, frustrating and inexcusable. Avoid this company if you can.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

The only reason I continue to order medication from this pharmacy for my husband's condition is because this is the designated company the employer has chosen for now. For years starting in 2012 there was no problems then beginning in 2017, there has been repeated calls speaking to customer service, who would transfer me to billing, trying to get answers to why charges all of a sudden was being applied to his account when the patient assistance and other insurances hadn't changed.

After calling continuously over weeks, providing the same information to different reps in customer service and billing over and over again, I just gave in and paid the amount. The experience with them is so stressful. As I'm writing this review, CVS Specialty Pharmacy once again is requesting payment for medication that should have no co-pay...this information was provided several months ago and we were told it was effective for 1 year before we would need to update. Here we go again! This organization needs to be investigated. They don't seem to have a clue, they create so much stress for folks that are already dealing with medical conditions that take so much energy. I dread needing to go through this again...being transferred to billing and billing passing the buck.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

We have used them now for almost a year, for my mother ONLY. I will never ever use CVS/Caremark. Yesterday was the worst. They keep calling my 87 year old mom, and literally hung up on her. Granted she is hard of hearing over the phone, but you called her. Try a little patience. We have called many other times about RX, etc, and each time we've called we had the most, classless, unprofessional rude reps. Who trains these people. Unsure why it has to be an argument each time we've called. We mostly do it with my mother on speaker phone, so we can get the info process quickly, and each time we get people we obviously hate their job.

This starts at the top people. Whoever is hiring the miserable humans is one too. I literally told my mom, I rather pay for her RX then deal with this company. We never get this type of hassle from Walgreen's. CVS Caremark shame on you. You are dealing with people many times that are old, and sick and this is the type of "handling" you give. I simply won't even shop at CVS, because this service has been so bad! DO BETTER. It's NOT hard to be nice.

CVS Caremark Company Information