Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.88/5
Based on 1,316 ratings submitted in the last year

CVS Caremark Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

The CVS I use is all the way across town from where I live. I only use that one. I am willing to drive 10 plus miles to go to that one. My pharmacist team is so personable and helps me with EVERY TIME.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I have a CVS by me. I always find good deals in the Sunday papers. When I get to the store I always find great finds to add to my list. My store even has some clothes. A friend told me her store does.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I really like shopping at CVS because of their coupons. I get a new batch every week and save a lot of money by using them. I'd save a lot more than I do if I weren't a guy. I don't use cosmetics!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I have CVS setup as my automatic pharmacy. The one near my house is 24 hours because it's close to a hospital. I like the added coupons as a rewards member and I use them often. I shop there for deals.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I have mail order thru CVS Caremark and it is great. Never have to worry about running out of my medicine and I never have to contact my dr for refills. It is taken care of. This is a great service.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I had a very bad experience with CVS Caremark. My order was shipped to the wrong address. When I contacted Caremark they agreed that it was shipped to the wrong address, however said that my prescription was used and my insurance paid for the medication, therefore I can not get another order shipped to the correct address. When I said that I am not going to pay for the prescription sent to somebody else neither with my insurance, not with my prescription refill, Caremark rep said that it is the normal standard situation and nothing can be done. Basically, it is normal for Caremark to violate the law by using people's prescriptions and making them pay for medications that were never delivered.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

My employer just switched to CVS Caremark from Express Scripts and it has been the most horrible experience and we just started the plan this year! The prior authorization department needs a lot of work. I needed an** prescription and I have been going back and forth with Caremark for over a week to get the prior authorization approved. When I first called CVS Caremark customer service advised the doctor's office needed to call in the prescription, when my doctor's office spoke with a rep at Caremark they advised that ** was not covered and ** was, so my doctor put in that prescription.

I was checking my caremark dashboard daily to confirm if the prescription was processed and it wasn't. I waited 2 days and called customer service back, one rep told me ** wasn't covered, I called again because the rep was super rude and short and would not elaborate. When I got another rep she said that I need to speak with the benefits department at 866-249-1556 and ext. **. The rep on 1/15/20 said they did not have my insurance information so that is why my prescription was pending, which is odd since they are my insurance prescription provider. She said due to the holidays I would need to call on 1/19/20 to confirm that authorization was approved.

This is where things go from bad to worse because I need to have the prescription by 1/21/21, anyone who is trying to conceive knows the importance of getting the medications on time so all the preparation and other meds you endured beforehand doesn't go to waste. I called back on 1/19 and was told that the ** was not covered under my policy, they do not have the previous ** prescription that was sent in and that the doctor must call the PA department at 866-814-5506 to get verbal approval for **. I told my doctor's office this and they called and the PA department advised to speed things up they should put in the authorization on covermymeds.com. If a verbal authorization suffice why would they direct them to cover my meds?

I spoke with the benefits department who kept telling me that my doctor's office never called to put in the prior authorization, Fernando with the benefits department was extremely rude, super short and did not want to help or listen to what I was saying at all. I called back and spoke with Beth who was more helpful and then requested to speak with their manager Yessenia who called the PA department herself with me on the phone. They did confirm my doctor called them but said the doctor office called to get a key for covermymeds, which makes no sense, how would they even know about this website?

Either way I have been getting back and forth from the authorization department when all they needed to do was accept and put in the system that my doctor called and authorized the **. I spent over 4 hours on the phone with them yesterday, ultimately Raj K. with the PA department advised to have my doctor's office to call back to the same number 866-814-5506 early in the morning and request a verbal authorization of the **.

My doctor's office called and sent me an message stating they followed the directions given to me, I waited 2 hours, called the benefits department back, got Fernando on the phone again who proceeded to tell me my doctor's office never called, the authorization was still pending. I gave him my PA confirmation number, he then stated that someone was working on it and should reach out to me. I asked why he said that my doctor's office never called and he proceeded to get short, was rude and denied.

Right now I am still waiting on Caremark authorization. I need this prescription by Thursday (tomorrow). What really burns me up is how convoluted this process is, how so may reps give various information which delays the process, and how no one from the PA department can actually confirm whether someone calls them because they do not adequately document their file. I am left feeling defeated, angry, unheard, and disappointed that this is my new prescription provider (employer plan). I may have to skip this month in trying for a child because of the red tape in place by CVS.

I would hate for my fellow co-workers to go through the same thing if they need a medication on a deadline that requires prior authorization. If a verbal authorization is all that is needed then do not direct a doctors office to a website or send a fax, just take the verbal! Customer service needs better training and more compassion.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

Be aware that if you get a new prescription CAREMARK mail in will NOT contact you if it is a non covered prescription. THEY WILL FILL IT AND CHARGE TRIPLE AS A CO PAY!!! EVEN IF THEIR OWN SITE TELLS YOU THE COST is one third the price. IF you use a pharmacy they tell you what is not covered and will give you advice on how to get it at a reasonable price. ONCE YOU GET THE DRUG MAIL ORDER YOU CANT return it!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Run, don’t walk, to fill your specialty prescriptions ANYwhere else. My insurance company has made a deal with this DEVIL of a business and I’m so fed up... I feel like organizing a class action suit! After getting my medicine delivered for months...the last three have been mired with ineptitude and a Keystone Kops approach to Customer Service! Having a chronic and debilitating medical condition is bad enough without having to go in circles to chase down my prescriptions and make sure they’re being delivered on time...and that they’re sending the right prescriptions! Anticipating another problem... I started checking with them 2weeks ago on the status of my Rx. Today is the date that I am scheduled to take my treatment. Two days ago was my fifth or sixth call to see why I hadn’t received any shipping notice.

After going in circles on the phone (do they KEEP records of your prior calls-they worthier don’t, or they PLAY dumb really well), I was transferred to an “escalation supervisor” who tut-tutted and apologized profusely for my problems...and assured my that FIRST THING THE NEXT MORNING, she’d reach my doctor for a new prescription (that he or his office has now sent no fewer that 5 times). I told her I wanted confirmation after she spoke to him and that I also wanted her to tell me EXACTLY WHEN I could expect to receive my medication. She informed me that their system didn’t allow for her to call me directly, however she could reach me through the app, or by email. Their app...is useless. I asked her to email me directly.

Yesterday, I received and email... It linked me to a messaging system... WITHIN THEIR USELESS APP! She informed me that my doctor had been contacted and made aware that my PA (prior authorization) needed to be updated. No mention of delay in shipping. By the way...I spoke to my insurance company and they don’t understand what the holdup is here either! After telling me she understood I was to take my medication today...and we should be able to get it to me today “no problem”... Today, at 1pm, they send me another “app” message... My Rx is delayed...due to pending PA!!! They have had 5 different prescriptions for the same medication from the same doctor... My insurance company said they have the PA months ago! I loathe CVS. I hope you guys go bankrupt.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

This CVS didn't order the script. They then sold me a partial script and said I would not have to pay for the remaining part on Wed. I went in on Sun and I had to pay for the script even though I already did.

CVS Caremark Company Information