3.68/5
Based on 1,705 ratings submitted in the last year

1080 CVS Caremark Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

CVS Caremark is not any better than the CVS local pharmacy. I just signed up for Medicare Part D with SilverScript and I am already unhappy with them. It seems like they don't communicate with each other. I was due for only one of my three prescriptions and someone confirmed for me they were only sending that one. However, that very day, I got all three in the mail. ALSO, they are MUCH higher than the GOODRX even though I pay a monthly premium to SilverScript but no premium with GOODRX. Although I just this month got on SilverScript, I will be changing with OPEN ENROLLMENT next month.

I also had bad experience with CVS local pharmacy this past year. They would text me that my prescriptions were ready, but when I got there it would NOT be filled correctly and I would have to once again wait for them to correct their error. It gets old. I gave up and switched to Walgreens. I never had a problem at Walgreens. I would rather pay a little more and get everything right the first time. I have come to not trust CVS mail order or local pharmacy. If you use them, I hope you have better luck.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

My work recently switch prescription to CVS caremark. I filled my prescription at local Walgreen. Soon after received letter tell me they will not cover the prescription unless I fill it through CVS specialty. So registered submit my existing info on CVS specialty website and nothing. No profile ever created no prescription ever get transfer. I call CVS Specialty and was hang up. I call CVS Caremark and they just transfer me back to CVS Specialty. Dealing with CVS caremark and CVS Specialty pharmacy has been nothing but pure nightmare. They have no empathy to patient healthy and need, it seems they would rather you end up with medical emergency than getting your medication and the prescription coverage that you deserve.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Caremark took over our medical plan 2yrs ago. Now we get a letter saying they will no longer pay for our drugs and we should get another prescription of THEIR CHOOSING, NOT OURS, NOT THE DOCTOR, BUT THEIR CHOOSING! Now I have to either do it their way and take the wrong medicine, my wife also or WE CAN PAY FULL PRICE OUT OF POCKET! Hundreds of dollars for a SIEMENS OWNED COMPANY! This is Socialism! Patients and Doctors dont matter. Siemens knows best! What happened to HIPAA LAWS AND PREXISTING CONDITIONS! How the hell do they get away with telling people what medicine to take, only your doctor should be able to do that! This company should be investigated by the FTA! I cannot believe our union and company has these type of people working for the membership.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I suffer debilitating cluster headaches and migraine headaches. I’ve never had a problem with refilling ** for treating the headaches until recently. There has been no change in my prescription, which is current. I requested a refill nearly 3 weeks ago, and after several visits to CVS and Caremark, I’m told they are waiting on the prior authorization from my doctor. I called my doctor, and was told they had submitted the prior authorization. During one of the many calls I was finally told by a Caremark that their coverage of ** had changed, so they would not authorize payment of my prescription as dosed without the prior authorization from my doctor. Caremark clearly does not want the responsibility of communicating with patients or physicians. I plan on letting my employer know my experience. Maybe if enough people complain they’ll consider changing to a more responsible insurer.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I was asked by my Physician if I wanted to try the mail order services from CVS Caremark. I agreed after asking all the necessary questions. I received my package with a hefty bill. They did not apply my Co-pay discount code. I contacted their customer service department only to be told that there's nothing they can do. I just want to warn YOU ALL, so that the same thing doesn't happen to you! I will be using a different Pharmacy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I've had repeated problems. Today they somehow voided the auto refills from my medicine so it didn't come when I was expecting it. Last time it was trying to switch prescriptions from pharmacy to mail order. If my employer gave me another choice I'd never do business with them again.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I changed employers and I’m forced to deal with this horrible company. I’m out of life saving medication and have not missed a dose since beginning treatment. I’ve spent a week on the phone speaking with numerous reps each call, and no one seems to have a clue what’s going on. Thanks CVS Caremark for caring about my life.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

CVS Caremark should not be allowed to be used by any insurance company. The complete and total lack of ability to fill and get prescriptions is terrible. This company holds people’s lives in their hands and it seems like they would rather people die than actually do their jobs.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I transferred a prescription to CVS Specialty as CVS is the manager for my prescription plan. The transfer was a bit rough. Even though the transfer was initiated weeks before my next refill, I ended up receiving it about two weeks late. It seemed like every step of the transfer stalled until I called to follow-up. More recently, I ordered my injection on Aug 9 that I needed to administer on Aug 22. Almost two weeks of lead time.

10 days later on Aug 19 I received an email that my prescription was expired and CVS was going to contact DR. I checked online daily and status never changed. On Aug 23 (the day after I was due) I called for a status. At that point my Dr was contacted. I checked online again today Aug 27 and status still not updated. I was told that the new prescription had been received today and I'll receive my order on Aug 28. Long story short, I'm receiving my order about a week late after ordering it almost two weeks early. This kind of service can jeopardize health.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Our Teacher Retirement System in Georgia switched to CVS CAREMARK for our specialty pharmacy last year. It has been a nightmare for me. I have rheumatoid arthritis and am only allowed to fill my ** prescription with them. It took me a YEAR to get my first vial of Medicine delivered. Reason: they have the most moronic, idiotic system for customers you have ever heard of in your life! First you call them then you have to be transferred 3 times and answer a million questions. Then they transfer you again and are told you have to fill out a customer profile before they can ship your medicine. You say, fine. They tell you that someone will have to call you to complete the profile. You are mad but you wait and wait and if you miss the call, guess what? Start all over. Then you finally do the customer profile in a phone call with them.

You call back after waiting a few days as told. You answer a million questions, get transferred, answer a million questions, get transferred and then you are told the SAME THING! I try to tell them I’ve already completed the customer profile. They refuse to believe me or find it so I have to start all over. When I finally get back to where I started with the customer profile filled out, they tell me I WILL HAVE TO CALL the company that makes ** to do a profile there!!! After I do that, and call back with all the profiles filled out, THEY TELL ME THEY DON'T HAVE A CURRENT PRESCRIPTION ON FILE FOR ME!!! Now I KNOW my rheumatologist has called this in! But I HAVE TO CALL the doctor's office myself, unlike my local Walgreens btw, to get another prescription sent in. I FINALLY get my meds sent to me.

A few months later they come out with the new ** that’s a less painful injection. I get my doctor to send in a script requesting that kind. I try to fill it in their app. NOPE! All new scripts you have to call for the first time, unlike my local Walgreens btw, so I call. Want to know what happened? I answer a million questions, get transferred, answer a million questions, get transferred and then THEY TELL ME I HAVE TO HAVE A NEW CUSTOMER PROFILE FILLED OUT AND THAT SOMEONE WILL CALL ME TO COMPLETE THAT!!! I lost it! I honestly think I’d rather chop off my own hands than deal with this horrible company anymore! PLEASE CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO BEG THE Georgia Teachers system for healthcare to go back to Express Scripts???!

CVS Caremark Company Information