Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.68/5
Based on 2,357 ratings submitted in the last year

CVS Caremark Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?

Original review: July 12, 2020

CVS Caremark requires you to use their mail pharmacy or cvs for your prescriptions. They also are dictating that my prescription have to be a 90 supply. Now there are several issues with this. One their mail system is ludicrous and unreliable. Two how are they allowed to dictate what pharmacy I use? The cvs here where I live is more expensive than any pharmacy in town and is slow and unreliable and "loses or forgets" to fill prescriptions (I've watched my mother and step father have to deal with this for years). Three 90 supplies only.... I'm severely bipolar and take a mood stabilizer or antipsychotic to be specific. The issue is the dosage is adjusted frequently and we're still trying to find which one works best. So how am I supposed to do a 90 day supply?

Also I have severe anxiety and take ** (**) as needed. My doctor only prescribes a 30 day supply at a time because it's a controlled substance and again it's only an as need medication. I can't do a 90 supply on that. The customer support response... ha.... my doctor has to write in a letter and go through an appeals process to be allowed for me to do a 30 day supply... in the meantime I would have to buy my drugs out of pocket. This is the most difficult and useless prescription plan I have EVER had to deal with. I also forgot to mention their "pharmacist" actually called me a month or two ago to go over my med list and had the audacity to try and tell me I didn't need certain medications... Ummm you're not a doctor and you don't know my issues.

Completely ridiculous company that try to control every aspect of your medical. I'm sorry. This is still America, land of the free, where we have choices. You don't get to dictate where I spend my money, what drugs I can take, or what I should or should not be on. You're not my doctor. I will be either paying out of pocket or finding a discount plan until I can find a different prescription plan or convince my husband's company to use a different one. Trust me, run from this company!

Original review: July 1, 2020

I was on the phone for one hour and 35 mins to get an address to mail in my form for payment. I have never experienced such stupidity in my entire life. Passed me from person to person, department to department. Unreal, I am sure that there are people in this world in this day and time of pandemic and riots that are capable of finding an address under one hour 35 minutes.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2020

CVS Caremark has continuously proven to be the most enraging and inept company I have ever worked with. I have never written a review for a company and I know all insurance companies have issues but this one takes the cake. This is a company dealing with life saving medications and they show zero interest in the customer/patient. Every avenue of communication is a failure. If you call there are long hold times and when you do finally get through to someone they don't help. If you send messages through their website you get half answers and zero empathy or apology with a handful of excuses and run around.

We received a letter in the actual mail that said the doctor authorizing the prescription was not allowed to write prescriptions. When I called to question this they hedged their error completely and said it was actually another problem that the script was not filled. It has been over a month and we are still waiting for prescription delivery. A month without required prescriptions - it is unacceptable.

Original review: May 30, 2020

I waited 15 days for my last order and ran out, I called to check on my rx only to be treated rudely by the most unprofessional and argumentative person I have ever dealt with. Repeatedly talked over me. When she continued I asked for a supervisor and she placed me on hold for 20 minutes and then hung up. This woman does not belong in any customer service position and Caremark seems to condone it. I followed up with emails and calls to caremark and Wellcare but never received one response. Worst customer service experience ever. So no!!! I won't Be using a service who doesn't appreciate or take care of a senior veteran during a stay at home pandemic. Local Weise pharmacy treats me with respect, I have to visit store but they are polite and fast.

Original review: May 26, 2020

My company recently switched providers again with the new year whose mail order pharmacy is CVS Caremark and just like my previous mail order pharmacy they are awful. I've been taking a particular medication for the last five years as a result of a lung transplant, and I already had a 90 mail order prescription on file for this medication. However when I recently tried to fill it, they refused to because they said it needs a pre authorization because of COVID.

They gave me a Preauthorization number to give to me doctor to call to send them the pre authorization to, but my doctor has been trying over a week to get someone to answer the phone at the preauthorization line, but no one ever picks up. In the meantime I'm on my last two doses and now run the risk of not having an medication at all due to this mess.

I called them back Sunday to let them know no one is answering the preauthorization number but all they could tell me was that "Someone should be there". The first person I talked to at least tried to be helpful and informed me that she would sent the preauthorization request to my doctor. However two days later, my doctor called me to let me know that they STILL haven't been able to contact anyone on the preauthorization line. I was also informed that they never got the preauthorization request from CVS Caremark.

I called CVS Caremark again, and this time I was greeted by someone who couldn't care less about the seriousness of my situation all he could tell me was that my doctor "needed to get in contact with them somehow". I then asked him how can my doctor get in contact with them, if they don't answer the phone. Again he said he "couldn't do anything" and didn't seem to give a damn that I'm about to run out of medication. The conversation then got very heated and the call ended abruptly.

These people simply don't care about their patients, if people die because of not getting their medication on time, then they would be responsible. I'm sure people have already died because of things like this, but most of them won't care one bit because its not them or their families. Avoid this pharmacy if possible. In fact in the small chance you are able, avoid ALL mail order pharmacies. I can't because my insurance requires me to use one for my lifetime medications. I give this company an F.

Original review: May 12, 2020

CVS Caremark has illogical rules that are harmful to patients. Their service line is impossible for elderly patients to navigate. CVS has a 194 billion dollar net profit and yet Caremark refuses to pay for brand medications. Their motto and customer service commitment is a farce. The policies in place do not allow for responsible or humane patient care.

Original review: May 6, 2020

My agent suggested CVS Caremark because my old script company doubled rates. I will only say, you get what you pay for. I realize working with the public can be difficult, however, cvs Caremark is the worst company in any type of business I have ever dealt with, truly, ANY TYPE OF BUSINESS, horrible. Do yourself a favor, spend a little more and receive much more.

Original review: April 27, 2020

Due to a change in insurance in February 2020, I'm forced to use Caremark Pharmacies, and I've had nothing but problems. The pharmacy technicians are rude, my refill requests have gone to the wrong doctor, for one month I continued to have coverage with my previous policy yet Bi-Mart (Caremark pharmacy) refused to bill both insurances, and all but one of my medications were changed to a different generic of terrible quality.

Customer Service: Latest example I contacted the pharmacy by phone three times letting them know I could not afford the co-pay of $80.00 per month. I then asked the pharmacy to shelf the medication and refund my insurance. After being assured this would be done, I continued to receive text and phone messages asking me to pick-up my medication. In addition, the tech answering the phone was rude each time.

Wrong Doctor: I have had two prescriptions in two months sent to the incorrect doctor. After asking the pharmacy tech about my Rx I'm told "it was refused". Nothing else. I ask why? You'll have to ask your doctor that question! I contact my doctor who states she never refused to fill any of my Rx's adding she has not received a request. My doctor sent a new Rx to be filled for the medication I'm told she refused, when I pick-up the Rx I explain my doctor didn't refuse to fill, the tech gets angry and says "Well, It's filled now!" Later, I receive a call from the doctor who received the request, so I explain it was a mistake.

Medications: Due to various medical problems I take 10 medications on a regular basis and have for many years. The medications I'm taking were working great for me, until February when Caremark changed 9 out of 10 medications to a different manufacturer. My medications were already generics but were changed to a cheaper generic, and in my opinion a substandard product. Medical issues I had under control are now getting worse, it's like I'm not taking any medication at all!! After looking at my EOB's only ONE of the medications has a cost over $15.00 per month, five have a cost under $5.00 so Caremark paid nothing, four others are $11.43 or under with Caremark's portion being $6.83! One approved medication has a cost of $50.75 per month (minus my $10 co-pay). The other Rx I've taken for years was denied, I appealed and won but can't afford the $80 copay each month. My only income is Social Security Disability.

My examples could go on and on about Caremark. I can't understand how they are allowed to treat people this way, my doctors have submitted requests for other needed medications and all have been denied. In my experience if the medication you need has a cost of $15.00 per month or more Caremark will deny it stating "there are other cheaper drugs available."

Original review: April 12, 2020

My doctor turned in a prescription to Aetna CVS Caremark. Aetna call me and tells me ** and ** is $280 for a 90 day supply. I spend 2-3 hours on the phone trying to get the price reduced. It should cost much less. I refuse the prescription. I have my Dr. call it into Costco and pay about $15 for both. About a week later I call CVS Caremark for Aetna. The representative says an error was made and now there is no cost to me to order it. My point is if I paid it I would never receive a refund. Also, had I not called, CVS Caremark would never inform me of the error. You pay for medicare and secondary insurance and they still take advantage of senior citizens on fixed incomes.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Due to Covid I am trying to stay home and get RX delivery. Called CVS about March 30 and they did not do free delivery & said I had to use Caremark. Ordered with Caremark. 1st problem one medication not on formulary. OK skip it. Other 3 would come in 2-5 days. Next day delivery date postponed again. Every day delivery date postponed. Still in process. NEVER processed. Called today after almost 2 weeks. Said I had to pay for it. I reminded them I gave credit card number more than a week ago. "Oh, didn't know why it was held up." I said, "CANCEL the whole thing." By now my local CVS delivers and I will call my doctor to call RX to them. Spent almost 10 days calling Caremark and all I got was excuses but no medications. Now I am totally out of my BP medications among others. DO NOT USE CAREMARK!

CVS Caremark Company Information