3.30/5

1028 CVS Caremark Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 24, 2019

I’ve tried for over a month to get my script filled. The last 3 days talking with Caremark to change to Walgreens because CVS is more than double the price. Caremark finally told me I would have to use CVS or pay out of pocket. They have a monopoly going.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Last week I was mailed a prescription for ** and charged $120 without my authorization. I do not even know if this prescription will work so that is an incredibly expensive gamble. How can I have these charges go through without my authorization, especially for a prescription that costs over $100? To add to my confusion, a second shipment was initiated less than a week later without any prompting by me or my doctor.

When I called regarding these issues I was on the phone for over 40 minutes, most of it spent on hold and I spoke with 5 different people. The issue still did not get resolved. The 3rd person I spoke with, LeAnne said that I would receive a refund for the $120 and I should take the medication to my local pharmacist to be destroyed. She said the next person would complete the refund. The next person, Nicole was not able to do this and I spent 15 minutes on hold while she tried to get someone on the line to help.

The 5th person Quincy said I would have to ship back the medication and then they might refund me. He was rude and wanted to rehash all of the information again that I had already explained. He wanted to put me on hold again and I asked him to please expedite his request since I was already over the limit on my lunch break trying to sort this out. He said he would email me a process for next steps to request the refund and ship my prescription back. I have not received this email.

I also have a prescription for migraines that I am charged a $300 brand name penalty on each time I fill the prescription, charging me $490 for 9 pills. This 9 pill supply will last me a month if I am lucky, resulting in a potential cost of almost $6000 per year to manage my migraines. This is a medication I need to function and I have tried 15 plus other prescriptions that have not worked, leaving it my only option according to my neurologist.

I have continued to spend hours and hours of my time on the phone trying to get assistance from CVS and Caremark and have gotten poor customer service and none of my issues have been resolved even when my concerns were initiated over 6 months ago on the prescription cost. I would not recommend CVS Caremark to anyone and feel absolutely trapped by my employers poor choice for prescription coverage and medical insurance.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Let me begin by saying CVS Specialty / Caremark was FORCED upon my life in 2016 and I have been dealing with their nightmare disorganization ever since. How is it possible that I've been on the S A M E medicine for lupus this entire time yet EVERY month, there is a problem? This past weekend, things were completely unreasonable. It has taken 3+ weeks to get a SINGLE medicine all because of gross incompetency, massive miscommunications and glaring mismanagement. To be honest, I don't even know how to summarize what happened other than it has taken hours of talking to pharmacy reps, the escalation team, the customer care team to figure out what's going on to get a single medicine.

Every time I call, EVERY TIME, they seem to have 2 or more accounts for me, and EVERY TIME we have to fix it. In addition, they CONSTANTLY say they will call my dr, file the medicine, the script, etc. and will call back and then never do, so you have to call again and be put on hold for hoursss and hours at a time to get a hold of them and a status update. There have been dozens of occasions where I've been lied to (said this will be ready in 24 hours, or we will call insurance, we will call back shortly) and it never happened.

This past week, on Monday, my dr. filed a script (the same medicine as always, slightly higher dose). CVS calls to confirm, I confirm. They say we are "re-enrolling me" in the system..but why? AGAIN, 2 accounts. I ask for the name-brand version, and my doctor wrote this on the script and wrote, "Draw as written," but alas, this was a problem. CVS says they'll call the doc and confirm. 2 DAYS LATER, they call again and confirm it's being processed and they'll get a call when it's shipped. Well now it's a Saturday, my authorized caregiver gets a call from CVS in the morning and the rep is the RUDEST person ever, so condescending, I decide to get on the phone. Again, 2 ACCOUNTS!!! What?? And she wants to re-enroll me in the program!! What!!

She then proceeds to transfer me to another pharmacy rep who is STUNNED And says, "That rep was so rude to me I can barely speak, I'm stunned at her tone" (so this poor rep was also subjected to CVS madness). It was horrible. At this point, I get a call on MY PHONE and it's CVS!! saying my medicine is ready, but it's the generic version!!! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!!!! I'm like: "I'm on the phone with CVS on the other line?? And they say they don't have a script!!" At this point we are transferred to the care team, then the escalation team, and get a senior manager on the line who is very helpful, and then tells us the co-pay will be $1,500 a MONTH!!! WELL JESUS. Why weren't we told it would be more than our rent LAST WEEK! when they said they would call insurance!! So then we get insurance on the line. (Mind it's Saturday for 3 hours at this point on the phone...)

We finally figure out that I'm getting "fined" for asking for NAME BRAND medicine and so I have to get my doctor to get involved AGAIN to confirm it's medically necessary, it's a weekend so he's not in and a busy guy, so he has to re-write the script AGAIN!! And it's now Thursday. So again. 3 weeks. Same medicine as always. This company needs to be ELIMINATED!!!! Is it a SCAM! Not a single review is good here. This is so scary. And we are helpless!

Original review: May 23, 2019

I had my Dr. put a prescription in to Caremark for 1 week worth of heartburn pills and within a few days I had a huge charge on my Health savings debit card. Thing is, I never gave them a card # or authorization to use that card! I never even ordered anything from them before or signed up for an account! They used my wife's info from her account and used the card and home address without any authorization from me, ZERO!!! They charged my wife's card and sent 3 MONTHS!!! of pills that I don't even need!! How can this happen especially since we have different doctors.

So I called them when this tub of pills arrived at my house, "Oh we can only send 3 Months of prescriptions out at a time and sorry we cant take them back either", even though the shipping container wasn't even cut or opened and I never gave them a form of payment. Fraud. Forcing people to pay for prescriptions they don't need and taking card numbers from other family members accounts for payment sounds illegal AF to me. Usually when someone uses someone else's credit card without permission you go to jail, I guess you don't in Rhode island (CVS Headquarters).

Original review: May 20, 2019

This has got to be the worst company I have ever had to deal with. I used to always get my prescriptions filled by CVS pharmacy and had no issues until I got a new job and realized they have the worst insurance. The deductible is outrageously high and there’s no way I’ll ever meet it. I’m convinced it’s done on purpose.

I have been paying out of pocket for prescriptions that aren’t exactly cheap. But for some reason last month I paid a mere $10 for each medication. This month, it’s right back up to “who the heck can afford this??!!” I asked the very lazy representative at CVS Caremark why that was. She was clearly chewing some gum and you could hear it. Very unprofessional. She said that was due to them bypassing the deductible at the pharmacy. I asked how that happened. No other explanation was given. How does the deductible get bypassed, is what I want to know and how can it be again? This is going to cause so many people to not take medication they need to take because of the high price tag. Pharmaceuticals are breaking the bank of so many people. Something seriously needs to be done about this. I need to try to find another option.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?

Original review: May 19, 2019

I have tried for over a month to get a refill on 2 prescriptions. Doctor faxed order for both at same time. I received one prescription, but blood pressure meds did not arrive. CVS says no order was received. My doctor sent order twice again and finally called it in. Somewhere in that time I was told I had cancelled the order (not true). Finally down to one BP pill, my doctor sent order to a local pharmacy. After numerous calls and a promise from a CVS rep that a grievance would be filed on my behalf, I received a letter that my prescription has been canceled AT MY REQUEST! Again- not true! Think I now know how it must feel I’m the Twilight Zone.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I am a nurse in an infusion center. I have been dealing with CVS/ for over 10 years. It used to be one of the most reliable and efficient specialty pharmacies to deal with. Their current state seems to be one of constant chaos and inefficiency. Very aggravating when orders are not completed and shipped. Need to use FedEx and UPS only, other companies not as efficient. And lastly, too many telephone transfers. I currently am waiting on a delivery of medication for a patient, it has taken 8 phone calls this week alone to try to get it, and it is still not here. Healthcare cost could be lower if your company could return to its previous efficient state.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I have use CVS Caremark for mail order prescription for the past 6 months. Today I received medication in the mail that I have not order, and have not used for over 3 years. Sarah advised that they would send out by way of email a label to put on package and I could send the medication back to them. The label could take up to three business days, and then when they got the medication back, they would process it and it would take about two weeks to get my money credited back to my account.

Four things that concerns me is 1. They send medication that you have not ordered, 2. You are required to send it back to them-my guess is that they will send it to someone else?? 3rd they hold your money while they correct the mistake that they made 4th they never said that they were sorry that they had made a mistake.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I have one prescription that I take monthly and I currently have enough for two months. And the one that I take daily is taking two weeks to get. I ordered it when I had a week's worth left and it is taking over two weeks to get. I think that this company is only in business for the money. There is no consideration for the people who are relying on this service. Do yourself a favor and get a written script from your doctor and go the nearest pharmacy. THIS COMPANY IS NOT WORTH YOUR TIME!

Original review: May 9, 2019

This pharmacy is difficult to deal with. It is difficult to find "help" information on the website but when I finally found it and called Customer Service, they were not at all helpful. My provider called my prescription into to CVS Caremark, but CVS Caremark will not allow me to use my medication discount card for mail order meds. What is really ridiculous, is that the meds that cost me $175-$200 online, only cost me $15 if I go through the local CVS and use the discount card. That is ridiculous, Insurance requires the mail order 90 day prescription. At any rate, when I realized that the Order had been placed to CVS Caremark rather than the local pharmacy, I called to cancel the order, request a return label and a refund.

The Customer service rep was rude, didn't even speak clearly (not foreign, just should not have been answering customer calls) unprofessional and absolutely not helpful. She refused to allow me to return the meds, saying that they did nothing wrong so they would not accept a return. She also refused to get a manager on the phone and I ultimately ended up hanging up on her due to her rudeness and attitude. If I had ANY choice in the matter I would never deal with CVS caremark again.

Original review: May 7, 2019

We were forced to go through this pharmacy by our insurance for our IVF meds. I have never had so much stress in my life in trying to get our meds shipped on time and basically fighting the customer service people for prices. IVF is already an extremely stressful, emotionally draining process and this pharmacy will cause even more headache to it. They priced THREE meds at over 18,000 being billed to our insurance. This maxed out our benefits and we had to pay the difference plus any future medication (which there will be plenty as this is just egg retrieval). We got price quotes from other pharmacies outside what we could use and they priced the same exact medication at 9,849 and this included everything in our protocol, not just 3.

CVS Caremark is taking advantage of the people and the insurance company. They need to be stopped. I am in agreement with all the other reviews about the run around these 'customer service' people will give you. I've spoken with over 10 people there and all had reasons like - couldn't find our prescription, telling us we owed 600, then telling us we owed 5,000, and no answers on why other pharmacies are charging same exact medication much cheaper. If you have a choice to use them, DON'T. They need to be put out of business. Now that we are maxed out with our insurance we will NEVER go back to use them. The most corrupt company I've ever dealt with.

Original review: May 5, 2019

We have been paying a lot of money to these CVS and CVS Caremark insurance but they are making us going in a circle when we call them for prescription order. We talked with Insulate and then Doctors office. The doctor has submitted the prescription and authorization letter to CVS Caremark. But CVS Caremark folks saying they don't have it. When you call again, then some people at Caremark said, yes they have the prescription and authorization letter and will get the order delivered in a few days.

Ok, few days are over when we call again hear the same story and they are saying they have not received the prescription or any letter from Doctor. Which is kind of fishy and CVS Caremark is a scam or what in America? You buy the insurance you have it with full coverage but when the time comes to use it they will make you tired. It feels like what's ** going on. Beware of CVS/Caremark. We are requesting to investigate the CVS/Caremark for bad practices. Where is the FDA body here.

Original review: May 3, 2019

CVS specialty called me to renew my antirejection medications. Spokesperson told me 5 bucks each prescription. That had been normal for past 5 months. On the 1st I get a phone call stating I owe 247 dollars and how am going to pay for it. I said "Huh, I don't have it." Called my Anthem who manages my medical insurance. We conferenced called CVS Caremark on May 2nd. We spent 5 hours on the phone being transfered from one person to the next. Anthem and I got a rep who figured out we just needed a live feed update. The update showed that my out-of-pocket had been met. Live update was transmitted the following day, due everyone who could do a live feed update had gone home for the day.

May 3rd Anthem talked to an account manager. Account manager said they needed to contact me. Never received a call. Called in on May 3rd . Had anthem Blue Cross on phone. We called Caremark again. Wanted to transfer me again. Anthem said, "No one leaves the phone till this is resolved." So we had a senior rep, pharmacy rep, two others. Got a person on the escalation team. They did an override. Pharmacist said override was in medication would be delivered next day (May 4th) between 10 am and 5 pm. Escalation member said that my prescriptions were on the way after confirming with the mail order pharmacist who was on the line.

The UPS driver had passed my house twice. So my wife thought I should double check. Sure enough I call CVS Caremark and immediately ask for a supervisor, supervisor wanted to pass me to CVS specialty pharmacist. I asked them stay on the line. The pharmacist, tells me I owe 107 and 147 again and the prescriptions were not shipped. So they want transfer again, no please stay on on the line. Pharmacist says escalation lady from previous day will call me. So I hang up because no one's on the line now. CVS Caremark calls me back. Ask me to clarify what's going on. I explain again. She asks if I need my anti-rejection meds tonight. I said I have enough for tonight. She said she will make sure I get meds by 9:30 the following day. Which is when I need them by. She did offer to get a a temporary supply if I was out. She also informed me, that now I owe 5 bucks each for the prescriptions.

I now have over 10 hours invested of my time. I don't need this kinda of stress after a heart transplant. So I am finding out that there is some confusion that the out of pocket deductible is trumping the out of pocket maximum. So my policy has my medical and prescriptions combined to meet my out of pocket maximum. Also CVS Caremarks system has some trigger in April 15th or 16th that completely changes what I was charged to some weird numbers. It just happens that is when I reached my max outta pocket.

Lord willing my meds will get here tomorrow. Anthem rep said, they are having a lot of trouble with their other patients getting get their prescriptions as well. My original order was on the 28th with a delivery of the 1st. Yesterday (the 3rd) pharmacy said override was in meds would arrive the 4th. May 4th escalation

lady I talked to called me back, she was apologetic and was looking into why my order didn't ship. Gave me her number to contact her if I dont get my medication on May 5th. She listened to me and was compassionate. Hopefully I'll get my antirejection prescriptions tomorrow.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I went with CVS Caremark because this is the only 90 supply that is covered by my insurance. It literally takes about 2 months for them to get my prescription right and then ships the wrong prescription. The worst part is that there is no one to complain to and even if there were, nothing would change. It has been this way for 2 years now. I wish I had another choice. THE WORST COMPANY.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I am disabled. Have have to use mail order because I can't get out to the store. They continue to hold my medication too long. I've been out of my medication going on two weeks now and they just keep pushing the shipping date back. I would like for people with this problem to contact my email so I can see if there is enough to start a class action lawsuit to get them to correct their practices. **.

Original review: April 28, 2019

In the 5 years I have been forced through our health insurance to be limited to only CVS Caremark for a particular medication. I am constantly going through unorganized, unprofessional BS. To keep this short (they literally lost my box of medication that I had delivered to the Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio location at the pharmacy, in pharmacy not during delivery) I will only elaborate on the most recent irresponsible episode.

I get a text and email reminder every month nagging me about refills for this medication. I received none of the above this month of April 2019 and I pulled out an injection to do this evening. Realizing I only have one left after tonight I looked through my email with no notifications. So I googled Caremark to get to a link to order. Its statement is that the site is being updated and unavailable. Um... Hello... For how long??? I usually start getting my reminders about 2 weeks before I need the monthly refill. So I call the number for customer support only to be told it’s off hours (sorry I don’t work traditional hours and Saturday evening is convenient for me to call) so I can’t do anything until Monday when I have to do my last injection. To order it takes 4-5 days to get it. So I will be past due for 2 injections. Thanks again for nothing you worthless company.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I was ok with some of the CVS Caremark service till I started being forced to go to 90 day mail order prescriptions. Prices seem to change every time a refill is done, always more expensive. I've had a prescription go from 36 bucks to over 100. From 1 refill to the other. Seriously thinking of getting my own RX insurance.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I have been forced to use this pharmacy for many years. Every single time I have to refill a medication it is if I am a new customer every time. Today, while holding up my much needed medication yet again, I called and through a heaping pile of attitude I was told that the copay assist was denying the claim. They billed the wrong copay assist. They had the information on file.

When I pointed out their blunder, the rep told me it is because I filed at a different location than before (she means a different office) as if somehow each office is on a separate computer system. After she was unsuccessful in blaming me for her error, she tersely told me they would work on my script and that was the end of the call. I still don't have a delivery date for my medication. Bang up job, CVS Specialty. You're lucky most of us are forced to use you by our employer. You would be shuddered within the year were that not the case.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I use Caremark specialty so I don't have to wait all day for UPS. I have my script sent to pharmacy. Have never had 1 good exp in ordering this. I was even given a special person to make this easier. She never answers phone and takes 24 hrs to call back. If you miss her call it's another 24 hrs. I even have a person in president's office who does does not return calls. They make ordering so difficult. They also have have people answering phones who don't understand HIPAA laws or privacy laws. I gave a 1 star because it's the lowest I can give. It seems looking here there are thousands of the same complaints.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Customer service SUCKS! NO ONE knows what is going on! I’m supposed to be taking this medication as soon as possible. I wasted days of waiting because they gave me the wrong fax number for my scripts. One min they saying they gonna contact my dr. Never mind they have no note of that etc. Last girl I spoke with had no manners whatsoever. They need more training!

Original review: April 17, 2019

Medication not shipped properly. No cooling pack in shipping container. FDA and USPI as well as manufacturer clearly state that the medication should not go above 86F. It is 89F today here in Florida, hotter on the UPS truck. I asked for special packaging, was told I would get it and did not get it as promised. This medication is $25000 a month.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I have been using Caremark since January 2019. I have had nothing but problems with them and would avoid them like the plague. I have a lot of experience (over 10 years) with mail-order pharmacies and have never had experiences like I have had with Caremark. At the beginning of the year my physician ordered my prescriptions through the mail-order service. After several weeks I called the Customer Service number (after being on hold for over an hour). After a lengthy conversation I was under the impression that Caremark was going to send out the medications. A week or 2 later I called again and was told that my physician had to "re-order the medication". I contacted him again and my meds were re-ordered. I then got a message that "it was too early to refill my medications". Disgusted with the long delay I then filed a Grievance.

The written Grievance response said that I had called to "cancel my medications and that I wanted them sent to my local CVS". This is completely untrue - the customer service representative apparently did this and didn't bother to tell me, and I never got a call from the my local CVS to pick up the prescriptions. Then Caremark sent a garbled request to my physician that asked for a prescription for one of my medications to be taking one tablet daily. A NP signed the form and sent it back, not bothering to look in my chart which clearly showed that I take 2 tablets twice a day (which is how the original Rx was written). Since the incorrect prescription was sent back to Caremark this is why they reported that it was too soon to refill the Rx. And to fix the problem it takes multiple calls to Customer Service (typically after an hour on hold), not to mention the time my doctors office has to spend straightening out things.

So far this has happened with 3 separate medications. I call customer service, they give me some excuse for not sending me the medication and usually blame it on something that my doctor has or has not done, and it takes weeks to get the issue straightened out. At another time my physician sent in 2 prescriptions at the same time and prescribed one medication once a day, the other twice a day. Caremark mislabeled the medications. (We checked the prescriptions - my physician did NOT make the error).

To top it off Caremark refuses to comply with Federal law. A law passed last year (HR. 6) 2018 requires that all prescriptions for controlled substances be sent via electronic means. But Caremark refuses to accept prescriptions sent via Secure Controlled Substances Prescribing and insists that my physician MAIL them a hard copy. I have brought this issue up with them (and sent them a copy of the law) but they refuse to comply. Both Caremark and my physician are enrolled in the EPIC EHR Secure Controlled Substances Prescribing Program. I can't figure out what their problem is. It results in long delays during which I am out of my medications.

Each time I have had to deal with customer service wait times on the phone have exceeded an hour, and usually do not result in a successful resolution, so I have to call over and over. There is no way to contact customer service via email. If (heaven forbid) you need to contact a pharmacist to ask a question about a medication, you have to contact the Clinical Department. So far I have attempted to do so half a dozen times and have yet to be able to get satisfactory responses to my questions. (Usually I give up after waiting on hold for over an hour).

If you are hoping for a tier waiver or quantity waiver fuggedaboutit. They just don't approve them. Waivers are categorically denied, then all appeals are denied. Caremark/CVS is the worst. Because I am out of medication so frequently my medical problems have substantially worsened this year. I think Caremark is trying to show my doctor that I can do without my medications since I am still alive. If you have a choice, do NOT choose Caremark for prescription medications.

Original review: April 15, 2019

CVS Caremark is my pharmacy benefits insurance provider. First place they didn't send me a pharmacy card when I enrolled in the medical plan. They sent me only after I called and requested for one (10 months after enrolled). So, when I had to buy a prescription medicine for my kid in another pharmacy urgently, they told me that I can buy the medicine and then submit the physical copy of the bill for reimbursement later. So I bought the medicine at retail price and when I submitted the claim to Caremark, they said the contracted rate for the medicine with the pharmacy is only $1 and they can only reimburse that which didn't even cover the cost of the mail. I had other claims too and all of it were rejected giving lame excuses like this.

If a contracted rate is between the benefits provider and the retail pharmacy, then should resolve that between them. Rather they are looting money from customers instead? Total useless in talking or arguing with their customer service reps. They will only try to implicitly market themselves, so that you buy from CVS instead of going to other pharmacies. Lesson - If you have CVS\Caremark as your provider, never buy medicines without pharmacy card. Get the card and then buy, if you have time otherwise call them right away. Useless and waste of time in submitting paper claims.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I just received a letter from CVS Caremark threatening that if I don't use a CVS Pharmacy to refill my prescriptions, I'll be forced to pay 100% of the cost of a medication. I prefer to go to another pharmacy where costs are actually lower even when I must pay full price. This is a scam. One reviewer mentioned the ability of opting out, but that is not at all explained in the letter. Does opting out allow you to go to a pharmacy of one's choice and still pay the lower price?

Original review: April 12, 2019

Updated on 05/09/2019: In my previous HORRIBLE HORRIBLE rant about CVS, I indicated we could OPT OUT after the threatening letters. So my wife and I opted out. HOWEVER, they would NOT let our Daughter OPT OUT and now say the supervisor who "over rode" their system to opt us out, was in ERROR! NOT really a surprise considering ALL THEY DO IS MAKE ERRORS! So now what? We're told when they do an "audit" we will be taken OFF the OPT OUT list and process starts all over!

My wife was left crying since it has been such a nightmare with hours and hours of discussion with IDIOTS! In desperation, she is visiting a 24 hr CVS Pharmacy near us (BUT NOT CLOSE) but "doable" if we can transfer all prescriptions there. This has been an unbelievable JOKE and United Health Care (partners) SHOULD FIND A PROFESSIONAL COMPANY TO DEAL WITH. CAREMARK IS BEYOND DISGUSTING and UNPROFESSIONAL! WAAAAY BEYOND! (SO SORRY if I mislead others to believe you can opt out which is why I'm adding this follow up!)

Original Review: It started with a threatening prescription letter stating, "If you choose to fill at your current pharmacy or in 30-day supplies, the medications WILL NOT BE COVERED AND YOU'LL HAVE TO PAY 100 % OF THE COSTS!" SCAM! Every call was a huge hassle as we tried to "follow the rules". Bad information, contradictory information from one call to the next, system down excuses, supposed to send alerts for prescription, with costs, never came or wrong prices. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO! Insulted my wife who explained currently paying $15 for a prescription they said would be over $200.

Quite simply the WORST OF THE WORST in customer service. They clearly have no clue what that is, and are completely inept at helping you. After 2 weeks, multiple calls on several days, we were FINALLY told we could opt out. Asked if it's in letter, another "bad" answer they said yes. After going home to look at letter, NOWHERE ON LETTER DOES IT STATE WE COULD OPT OUT! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE COMPANY! NEVER NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: April 10, 2019

I am not a happy person right now. Here is what happens when Drug coverage is purchased through a provider who also owns a chain of pharmacies. They insist on pushing you to auto refills. No matter how many times you say no it gets turned on. No matter how many times you go online and turn it off after it is turned on without approval it still gets turned back on. If you do not pick up the prescriptions they auto fill and they are forced to return it, they will tell you about when you actually do need it and have it filled.

They will only allow you to get 90 day supplies of maintenance medications through their pharmacy. If you try to get it through another pharmacy they will deny it. In case you have not figured out who I am referring to yet it is CVS. The stupidity already pushed me to another pharmacy due to the antics with the auto fill crap. If I had a choice I would dump CVS for my insurance coverage. Unfortunately it is through my employer so we only get 1 option. And complaints are obviously ignored since nothing has changed.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Apparently, the doctor's 90 day prescription did not give me 3 refills which I can get a new prescription, but... on one prescription it only gave me a 30 day supply for which I have to pay $100.00. I was suppose to get a 90 day supply with 3 refills. Now I have to pay an extra $100.00. When talking to the pharmacist she was going to have another person request something that would allow this to be corrected. At one point the other lady came into the conversation and I gather she didn't want to do her job and help me. She stated that they filled the prescription as directed. NO help whatsoever!

Original review: April 8, 2019

Prior authorization —Even Pharmacist confused with Caremark. I have had no changes in my insurance, no change in job. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, same med for 4 yrs. Caremark refused to fill med because they said it was was the first time for me to receive the medication. The phone rep. Had no explanation for me. She (Jessica) just kept telling me I must have had a change in my plan. I work with Human Resources, there are no changes. I ask at least 3 times if they have a change in policy with medication refills. She kept telling me no. Then after 5 minutes of Jessica repeating the same thing, she said that there was possibly a change in policy.

PHONE REPS ARE NO HELP AT ALL. I pay a lot for my insurance, who then contracts the pharmacy coverage to Caremark. So I get ZERO help for MY PLAN. CAREMARK blames Blue Cross, Blue Cross keeps blaming Caremark. I have never paid this much for anything and still be so dissatisfied and then get treated like I must have done something to make this happen. Caremark reps are not helpful, not nice, act like I should be grateful to them after waiting 20 min just to speak to them.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Sent in a refill on 03/16/2019. The mail lost prescription and CVS Caremark wouldn't look into it until 03/27/2019 because it's "in transit". Then CVS said the post office would need to find the lost prescription because they can't send out another refill. CVS doesn't return followup call to let me know what they have found. My doctor writes a new script 04//03/2019. I still waiting for my prescription on 04/05/2019. Now I'm told they can't ship it until 04/08/2019 and I'm supposed to receive it 04/09/2019. I have run out of medicine. Their customer care is terrible! Every time I called I was told something different! Don't use CVS Caremark!!!

Original review: April 2, 2019

It was the worst company, ever never will do business with CVS again. Okay please add this complaint. Please please. They should not the care in the business name because they do Not care about the customer.

CVS Caremark Company Information