Caremark RX Inc

Compare Health Insurance Companies

Research top Health Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

New insurance this year and I have to use CVS Caremark for a specialty drug. I started the process of getting this two weeks ago! After calling several different numbers, having my doctor fax to several different numbers, they finally have my script now need to verify my insurance (which BCBS says they have access to instantaneously) and it will be sometime next week before I even can set up shipment on a drug that I NEED and am OUT OF! Their customer service stinks! No one wants to help! No one can find any answers! I'm ready to pay full price and go elsewhere just so I don't have to deal with them!!!

SilverScript CVS Caremark Part D is rip off scam! Thyroid med, 10 bucks cash price for 90 day supply. If I use insurance 40 bucks for 90 day supply for same exact generic medication! Joined because according to website ** insulin is on The formulary. When I went to fill it, said it was not on formulary and was given 30 day supply and told I needed to apply for an exception! Insulin syringe... Cash price 75 bucks! If I use insurance, 150 bucks!! So shopping drugs stores for best price is no longer relevant! They charge you according to tier regardless of cost of drug.

So I also pay 35 a month for the insurance that saves me no money that I'm not using because cost more to use insurance than paying just cash! So called and found out if I drop the insurance that when I sign up for new plan next year, I will be charged a penalty fee for not having the drug coverage! So now I'm in a waiting game to find out if I can change plans due to my complaint of a "poor performance" drug plan. It does not get any more stupid than this! Stay far away from SilverScript CVS Caremark prescription plan!

My prescriptions are written for 3 months and on auto fill. They never ship until I call and beg them for my order. Case in point - my last order was sent October 30, 2016 for 90 pills. Here is Feb 1 and I have spent hours on the phone and talked to five different people who told me different stories. One promised my medication would be sent overnight (their cost) on January 31. I called when I did not receive it and was told it was shipping today - Feb. 1. Today there is a tracking number that says it is waiting to be sent to USPS, and it could take 10 days. I will be out of medication by that time and have to go to my doctor and get a sample until I get it. If there is any other company you can use, do it and do not get involved with this one.

Every experience with this company is filled with mistakes, rudeness, ineptitude & misery. Every order has errors, every call takes 45 minutes & every employee you talk to gives you a different falsehood. I have no choice in what company I am forced to get my medication from as I am unlucky enough to work for the State of Kansas which contracts with this massive joke of a company which I think is criminal as they are our insurance provider & the company we are forced to buy from... monopoly???

If you are not forced to deal with them do yourself a favor & don't! They are unfamiliar with the contract with the state & no one will give me a straight answer. My calls have been disconnected when I questioned billing & customer service call notes "disappear". The specialty pharmacy ordering agent actually told me "customer service doesn't know anything". I was told two weeks ago that I have reached my out of pocket max for the year & the rest of the year I will not be billed but after I place my next order I was told I owed 4800.00. No one could find the customer service call center notes or could explain the difference. They promised to get answers & call me the next day but no call was received. Their website for the specialty pharmacy offers no information that is helpful & the parent company CVS Caremark's website is yet again different information. Having my health in their uncaring hands is horrible.

We recently signed my husband up for mail order drug service with Caremark. The very first medication they sent for his blood thinners was something we had never heard of. I had to call the doctor's office to find out what it was. I was told it was a blood thinner, just a different manufacturer. I then received a letter from Caremark stating that the drug was not covered under his plan and to call his healthcare provider for approval. I got someone on the line and they in turn got Caremark on the line. I asked how his meds got changed to a different one without approval. Caremark said it was something I needed to take up with our healthcare provider and the healthcare provider vice versa. A pharmacist was added to the conversation until 4 people were on the line and no one could answer a damn thing.

Bottom line Caremark changed the doctor's prescription to a generic of the generic my husband was already taking and it was covered as a tier one even though not in my formulary book. I asked Caremark why I was even sent the letter and why we were wasting everyone's time. She said she was sorry (didn't sound a bit like she was) and said if I didn't have anymore questions that she had other people to help. Maybe if they hadn't sent the letter in the first place we wouldn't have had to have this conversation! So far we are not impressed!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caremark RX Inc?

150% Price increase on a generic drug. I've been taking ** for over 5 years for chronic joint pain and depression. Been paying $75 for a three month supply of (** 120 mg daily) the generic of ** for a year or more now. Imagine my surprise when I was told by a CVS rep this morning that my co-pay for this prescription will now be $200. If this wasn't already a shock to my system the rep stating that it can be $173 if I ordered it today but it will go up. CVS has used this type of tactic in the past with me, (the price varies from month to month they say) and I don't buy into it. I asked them to put a hold on any further prescriptions. I don't believe they don't know the price of the drugs they buy in great quantities wholesale and sell retail at an exorbitant profit. Someone has to stop these type of pharmacies and the only way to do it is to stop purchasing their goods, which I plan to do.

I have fault with them off and on for years over illegal charges to my bank account that they then finally reverse. The latest issue was my Dr sent a prescription with a quantity that did not match the directions. Well they feel that they have the right to correct this based on the directions never considering the Dr might have messed up the directions and sent me my 90 day supply that would actually on last me 30 days. Without informing anyone! Well if they had informed me to the DR we would have realized the issue addressed the problem. Instead I go 20-25 days and I'm almost out and go to get more not realizing what happened. They do the same thing 3 more times me insisting each time they are wrong then they explained that the actual physical prescription sent from the DR said ** which only gave me the 30 days but the quantity the DR ordered was 45 which would have given me my 90 days. So now I know what happened.

I reach out to the DR Office who got on the phone with CVS Caremark to solve the problem. Then my prescription sat for three days saying "being processed", so I call and find out no reason just stopped. Then they cancel and resubmit the prescription they worked out with my DR. A day after I'm out of medicine. Now I'm being told I need a new prescription is needed which magical came in while on the phone with the Executive recovery team. No 2 weeks and they say they have no idea when I can have my medicine that I have been without for 2 days already.

I have been dealing with CVS Caremark for 4 days now. My son has a serious infection, for which antibiotics were prescribed. When I went to the pharmacy to get his prescription, I was told he didn't have prescription coverage. After trying every insurance possible (I have United healthcare for medical & CVS Caremark for prescription) I was told he was still NOT covered. I contacted CVS Caremark and they confirmed that he was not covered for the last 15 months. I asked why not and they blamed my employers benefits department. I was told to contact my HR department or United healthcare. I contacted United healthcare (my HR department was already closed) and they told me it was CVS Caremark I needed to speak to.

I called my HR department the next morning and they said they didn't show a lapse in coverage. That they would resend eligibility paperwork to CVS Caremark and that it would take 24-48 hours but that they would escalate it. I tried to pick up my son's prescription the next day and still a NO. I called CVS Caremark and again they blamed my HR Department, so I called HR. They said it was a priority and again, they didn't see a lapse in coverage, to contact CVS Caremark. I called CVS Caremark AGAIN, and they told me they had my spouse as my child, and my child had no coverage. I asked how this could happen if I've been getting insurance deductions from every paycheck (I told my HR Department the same thing) and they said they didn't know but admitted their mistake.

So I keep calling CVS Caremark for 4 days now (HR for 3 days) multiple times and all they do is apologize and say they understand, meanwhile my child is sick without any medication. So I finally get a call saying it's been resolved, go to the pharmacy and still CANNOT get my son's medication. I called both departments back and they're saying it's gonna take another 2 days! If I've been paying to have coverage, why are they taking their time to fix their mistake? Both departments have admitted mistakes on their ends but keep pointing the finger at each other as well (every time I speak to a new representative, I get a different story). Finally, Caremark stated my son has not had coverage since December 31st 2014, THAT'S TWO YEARS!! Why pay for insurance if they can cut you off whenever they choose to?

I'm disgusted with the customer service with CVS Specialty Pharmacy. My son and I have a prescription for ** and have a ** Co-Pay card that covers the script and bills us only $5. With that said... EVERY time I deal with the customer service they are completely lacking the necessary ability or skills for a very simple procedure. They are incompetent with all aspects of the process, from beginning to end. I cannot ever get a knowledgeable person to do these 3 simple things, Setting up the account (Run the ** as PRIMARY) - SHIP the ** - AND BILL CORRECTLY for the **. Shame on you CVS Specialty Pharmacy! What is the point of having customer service if nothing gets accomplished? All that has happened is a very frustrated customer that cannot receive the medication that can improve the quality of life for my son and I.

I would rather wait on the phone for 3-4 hours to receive a COMPETENT customer service rep. But instead you have nothing but INCOMPETENCE! I could summarize each and every mistake on behalf of CVS and would love to talk to SOMEBODY in upper management but there is NEVER a Supervisor or Manager available or EXIST? So if there is upper management, I hope you read this and do something about your horrible service. I wish I could switch to a different pharmacy but this is the only one that works with ** Co-Pay card. So where does that leave me, the customer? Basically screwed! Today I called due to a $4,120.00 bill that should only be $5! The customer service rep. response as they always do is they are sending the account to upper billing dept. and wait 24-48 hours. I have done this process SO many times with the same end result, NOTHING gets fixed, just back at square one. (This is only one example)

Is this acceptable CVS pharmacy in your eyes? I tell you one thing, I will NEVER step foot in a CVS pharmacy store front again! I will spread the word to all my friends, family, social media that this is the WORST company to work with and should be shut down due to TOTAL INCOMPETENCE! You should wipe out all your customer service reps and start from a clean slate because every single one is useless. SHAME ON YOU!

Prescription sent by M.D. to CVS. Cost, when I picked up, was 3.5X than stated by insurance co. formulary for 2017. I questioned cost...pharmacist was insistent that cost was right. DRUG TIER LEVEL FOR 2017 was lower than 2016 and pharmacist insisted that the price was correct. I paid for it as it was for angina, And I NEEDED IT!!! I am presently attempting to get reimbursed... So far, no luck. Have previously had no problems on employer insurance... now retired... and this. Pharmacy not up to date on drug tiers!!! SHOULD BE!

My insurance company (United Healthcare) and pharmacy (CVS Caremark) are mandated by employer contract. Only a few years ago, I could go to any pharmacy of my choosing. Now, I must use CVS Caremark. It is so frustrating. They are the worst! I was told my Rx was in stock and I could pick it up the NEXT DAY! Then when I returned the following morning, I was told the Rx was NOT in stock, but it had been ordered. When I mentioned that the pharmacy clerk "yesterday" had indicated the medicine was in stock, I was told I was wrong & that the clerk had never said such a thing. I asked that clerk, "Were you there yesterday?" The answer was, "No, but it's still not in stock. What do you expect me to do? (with a tinge of sarcasm)"

The local CVS never has my meds, and they take forever to fill my prescriptions. AND they are more expensive than the other pharmacies in the area, with horrible service to boot! I HATE "networks" where companies make deals in their own interest, and thereby limit consumer choice. Ultimately, it traps us in bad relationships with terrible companies like CVS Caremark! Grrrr...

I have had the unfortunate pleasure of ordering from CVS Caremark Pharmacy for over 5 years. Each month I can expect that they will not have the right information on file, send the wrong supplies, not call me back, and I could go on. The very unfortunate part is they know you cannot go anywhere else. Why would they bother treating you like a human, like they care? This is clearly all about money and pushing people through to them. I'm disgusted by the monopoly game I am forced to play and should have the freedom to go somewhere that doesn't make continued mistakes and not care when they do. For years I have kept quiet, I pray and hope anyone reading this has options of other pharmacies, I do not.

Seeing all these negative reviews, I thought I would share my positive experience with CareMark. I know that the health care industry is notorious for taking advantage of people, and I fear a 5 star review in midst of a sea of 1 star reviews may seem like fake, but I also don't want people to get discouraged without even trying to appeal a denial. I've had CareMark for over 2 years now, and never really made a hard demand from them until recently. The usual and typical antibiotics and prescriptions were filled without issues, according to the co-pay they have listed on their formulary.

The most recent problem was, when they denied coverage for the brand name of a medication for major depression. I've been taking the brand-name for over 2 years, and I've been filling it with a special-arrangement payment system, so never really bothered trying to get it through CareMark, until now. The denial was immediate, and the brand name was not listed on the formulary at all. I tried calling them, and after multiple transfers, I was told that there is nothing they can do to override it.

I definitely have to agree that the hold times were ridiculous... I was on the phone for over an hour just waiting for a representative. I asked them for an appeal process, and they provided me with a fax number for my prescriber to send an appeal letter to. They don't even have an official form or anything, but I asked them for specific guidelines: What information should be in the letter? Should I include my member ID? What about my DOB? What other info usually helps? What is the turnaround time? Is there any way to expedite the process? Are appeals usually approved? What are the reasons for common denials? I also googled "how to write an appeal letter," and made sure that included all the info necessary.

Apparently the way to have the appeal process expedited in NYC is to write in BIG RED LETTERS on the top of the letter, "URGENT." Quaint. Thankfully, I received an automated phone call saying that my appeal has been approved for the duration of 1-year. My doctor's letter stated the medical necessity behind the brand prescription, and the generic versions I have tried in the past and why it did not work. Considering that CVS CareMark does not have a contract with the manufacturers of this brand name drug, I was really grateful and pleased to think that perhaps CareMark does indeed care about the well-being of their insured. I really don't know how to else to interpret it - they're not getting a discount on it, so essentially they just agreed to pay for this expensive brand name medication that costs over $1,500/month, just so that I can continue my treatment for major depression.

I'm not sure if this is a very rare case, like a needle in a hay stack. As mentioned above, this was the first time I had to make a heavy demand from CareMark, so I cannot say as to whether these approvals are common. Nonetheless, I am very thankful that I can at least expect to get coverage for the brand name drug for a year.

I have called CVS Specialty Pharmacy over a dozen times to get my specialty medication filled. Each time I called I was told a slightly different story, but bottom line: they didn't have the information needed to fill the prescription. When I talked to my Doctor's office, they said that CVS did have the appropriate information. My Dr. talked to CVS Specialty Pharmacy and was assured that they had the prescription and that all I had to do was call and set up the shipping. When I called to do that, suddenly my prescription has disappeared. I was hung up on several times. I was left on hold for long periods of time. I was promised calls back which never occurred. Now it's a month later and I am sicker and sicker. Soon I will not be able to go to work.

My insurance forces me to use this so-called pharmacy for my "specialty" medication. It took no less than 2-3 hours to get enrolled and 6 phone calls, then another 2 weeks for them to get their paperwork together and get me approved. Got a message telling me they are ready to ship my medication. Please call them. I did. I was told that he had to connect me to the correct department to get me enrolled and that would take 20 minutes?! Uh, no. I AM enrolled... already did that, not doing that again.

Ohhhh... then I am asked, since I didn't want to go through the enrollment questions, some questions regarding my "refill." Have I had any symptoms that could be related to the side-effects of the medication? Since taking the medication, has my condition improved or worsened?! They can't get my personal information correct, cannot find me in their system, are asking me stupid questions pertaining to medication I have not yet taken, and I am supposed to trust them to get me the correct medication, in the correct dose, in the correct time frame?! I think not!!!

I needed a refill from a compounding pharmacy (I've had this same medication made at this pharmacy since 2009) and it was always covered at least 50% by the old RX company with my insurance. Now they switch to CVS Caremark and they tell me I have to pay 100% because one of the ingredients is NOT FDA approved. What a load of **. It is just hormones. I use bioidentical (which have to be compounded). They are made from plants. I refuse to use the hormones that most doctors push on women which a main ingredient is pregnant horse urine. ONE: I don't want to put horse pee in my body. TWO: I don't want some poor pregnant animal being tortured. I don't fill this RX except once every few years (I only use them when things get bad for a few days as I have other health issue which makes taking hormones constantly dangerous).

Then the 2nd thing was the quit smoking patches. I found out they were covered and could be reimbursed. I called to find out in detail what I needed to send. I followed their instructions to a T. Only to have them send it back weeks later telling me it was sent to wrong address (I sent it to the address their customer service told me to send it to). Then they mail back copies of my ONLY original receipt and Dr. RX. I call them again. They say fill out the CVS Caremark form and send it to them. I said "what about my original receipts that you kept." They said, "Oh we have those, it will be ok, just send CVS the copies we sent you." I did that, only to be refused yet again weeks later by CVS citing I must send originals.

OMG, what a load of crap, this is just a GREEDY company trying to get out of paying for anything by making it impossible and such a hassle to get your meds. I am infuriated even more by the fact that people older than me (like my mom) and people with life threatening illnesses that need medication to survive are more than likely being treated like this too. In my case, I just had to pay 100% for my stuff, despite the money I obviously waste for this worse than useless RX plan (I will be looking elsewhere next year when open season comes around for a plan NOT covered with CVS **).

Why do they call themselves CVS CAREMARK??? Just change it to what it really is CVS DEATHMARK, because after reading some of the reviews of poor people with cancer that they are screwing over on their meds, they don't CARE about nothing but MONEY. Human life is just worthless to them, cause God knows those CEO paychecks and bonuses are what they consider important. So what if people die??? Well, I hope you all are wearing asbestos suits, cause my understanding is it's REAL HOT in HELL!! Shame on you CVS BSMARK!! :(

Both my wife and I have CVID. We are required to infuse regularly to boost our immune system. Recently, our company switched to Caremark. What a nightmare it has been to get desperately needed blood plasma and nurse to continue treatment of our life sustaining condition. My wife is traumatized by fear she will not get her needed medication on-time and nurse to administer her needed blood-plasma. We contacted Caremark January 6, 2017 and are still getting the runaround by their inept and siloed Specialty Pharmacy that has had us contact our Doctor on numerous and separate times to obtain authorization and prescriptions for the amount of medication, equipment, up to and including band-aids and cotton swabs that can be purchased over-the-counter under the pretext that the State of Illinois requires this level of minutiae.

Instead of having a checklist listing the required meds and equipment so only one call or fax be sent to our Doctor, we continue to call our Doctor and separate Caremark representatives to try and complete the order. Well, it has been 10 days and my wife continues to get the runaround with demands for more prescriptions and authorizations. Her infusion is this Thursday, January 19th and it appears she will not be receiving her much needed infusion.

God only knows when "We Don't Caremark" will get their act together and get my wife her meds. Meanwhile, she is anxious, worried and fearful she will get sick and end up in the hospital. In sum, I wouldn't recommend "UnCaremark" to anyone. Their service is atrocious and their Specialty Pharmacy totally uncaring and inept. All they can say is "we're sorry". Well, both me and my wife are sorry the Company contracted with this bunch of incompetents. Stay away from this lousy outfit. They'll literally kill you and go on to poorly serve the next victim (customer). I'll let you know how much more Chinese water-torture my wife must endure until "We Don't Caremark" gets their act together. Christmas is how many days away?

This has to be the worst company in the history of companies and that could very well be an understatement. I have been trying to have a prescription filled with them since December 28th. After about 6 phone calls and tons of frustration with their customer support reps, I was told that my medications would arrive today 1/11. Needless to say, that did not happen! Upon calling yet again and being placed on eternal hold, the only answer that the Pharmacy rep could give was that she had no idea why my order wasn't shipped! I asked to escalate to a supervisor and her response was that I needed to call earlier in the day in order to reach an escalations rep???

I am baffled at the lack customer service and the fact that the face of this company don't seem to care. At the very least you would think that they could offer an apology for the inconvenience of me having to call back to police medication that I am paying dearly for. And what's worse is that I don't have the option to go anywhere else to have it filled! End of story, I still have no answers except that I will need to take time out of my busy work day to spend another half hour to figure out what has gone wrong during the last seven calls to this joke of a company!! Some of us live in pain daily and need medication just to make it from day to day. It seems that this company would try to be more efficient since I'm sure that's something they hear every day!!

Worst experience I've ever had with a pharmacy. Spent >40 hrs just trying to get son's new prescription set up for delivery. Put on hold for hours (minimum 1 hr/call). Gave same information repeatedly and told someone would call to schedule delivery in "24-48 hrs". After 48 hrs w/ no call, I call back and am told they don't have the information, frequently disconnected, give info again, told to expect scheduling call. Repeat ad nauseam for wks on end. Finally I happen to get someone who managed to actually put all the info into the system and schedule the delivery. Received medication yesterday - with no supplies. Medicine is powder in vials that needs to be reconstituted and given via injection. CVS sent vials only. Company and pharmacy insert describes "kit" that patients should receive - which includes all supplies. It is specific enough to describe number of each item, size of syringe, gauge of needle etc.

CVS's response is that insurance has to approve the supplies after Dr writes a prescription for the supplies! Pharmacist will call me back - ha ha ha. I'll stand by CVS! My son has had to take many specialty medications that require infusion, injection, reconstitution etc over the years. Until we were forced to use CVS Specialty to get the medication we have never run into this level of pure incompetence and total lack of caring. I am reporting CVS Specialty to insurance, drug company, Dr's clinic and everywhere else I can think of to report them. They need to be put out of business. Trying to find alternative b/c I fear my son will not get an uninterrupted supply of his medication with CVS. Too bad there isn't a "zero" option for ratings. Their incompetence and lack of care are dangerous to patients.

I had a doctors appointment on 12/19/2016 wherein they prescribed ** due to a history of PPROM at 30 wks. I was already at 17wks 4days. I called CVS Caremark (hereafter "you") on 12/20 and was left on hold for so long that I had to hang up. I called back 12/21 and got through to specialty but had to have my doctor call for prior authorization. I called my doctor, relayed the message and they called you immediately. My doctor called me back to inform me you would rush the process to ship 12/22. By 12/28 nothing had arrived. I was now at 18wks 6 days. I called you and was informed nothing had been done. Again I was left on hold so long that I had to hang up and call back 12/29. Again I was told you had to speak to my doctor. My doctor called and was told you would rush for same day shipping, overnight. This was at 9:15AM.

I called back early afternoon to verify and was told nothing would ship until maybe 01/03/2017. I explained the window for administration was quickly closing. I was told this would ship Friday 12/30 overnight for 12/30 delivery. I signed up for email alerts and paid my copay. I called 12/30 to verify shipment and was told "not yet, wait for the email." It is now 12/31, 5:45PM and there's no email and no delivery. Your service is abhorrent. This is no way to conduct business - especially in the "healthcare" industry. I will find additional entities to whom to report this if my prescription is not received by 1/4/17, in time for my 1/5 (20 wks exactly) doctors appointment. I expect an acknowledgment call before then. Thank you. Even if they come through, they wouldn't have earned a second star.

My employer recently swtiched over to CVS Caremark and getting prescriptions refilled via CVS Caremark's website has been a nonstop headache. I am actually going to start using my local pharmacy for prescriptions because I just cannot get the website to ship and fulfill my long running medication for high blood pressure. Calling customer service is another nightmare--you wait almost an hour to talk to someone who provided no help. Avoid this company if at all possible.

Unfortunately, I have to call them frequently to get medications for our patients that are required through their insurance company to use CVS Caremark. Each phone call is a minimum of an hour (1 hr). Customer service reps & pharmacists are very polite but hold times are ridiculous. There is constant confusion, orders always have issues. Who has over an hour for what should be a 5 minute phone call. Big waste of time! I just received an order of chemotherapy medications that arrived broken.

My husband is a cancer patient taking an oral chemotherapy for a rapidly advancing tumor. I called Caremark a week early to order a refill and was assured that the medication would arrive Tuesday evening (they understood that he only had enough pills to make it through until Wednesday). When it didn't arrive on Tuesday I made repeated calls on Wednesday, on Thursday and on Friday. Each time I called I was told that there was no record of our previous conversation. Each time I was also assured that the medication would be shipped that day. It is now Sunday and still no medication. My husband has been without his chemo drug for 4 days. Tomorrow I will be making calls to try to get this medication through another pharmacy since it is looking less and less likely that I will be receiving it from Caremark. CARE should not be part of Caremark's name because clearly they do not care about the patient.

I have filled multiple IVF 3 different times with CVS Specialty Pharmacy. They don't seem to care about the person at all. The last time I filled multiple medications they specifically asked me if I wanted a certain antibiotic filled. I said no. When I received the shipment in the mail that antiobiotic had been filled and I was charged a $15 copay. Also they mailed me a sharps container which I told them I didn't want and they did not ship the needles and syringes like they said they would. I had to call CVS Specialty Pharmacy back 4 different times to get the antibiotic shipped back!!! I was given the runaround every time I called. Nobody wanted to schedule the UPS shipment back. They gave me excuses that they "paperwork" needed to be filled out for the UPS pickup and they said they would call me back with a pickup time. Nobody ever called me back. The fourth time I called I had to get very forceful and demand a UPS pickup for the medication.

I specifically asked them when I would be credited back the $15 and the customer service representative could not tell me when and was not willing to find out that information. One month later I still have not received the $15 credit. I just called CVS Specialty Pharmacy again to find out this information. 1 hour later on the phone with them, multiple transfers to different departments, and once they hung up on me CVS STILL cannot tell me when I will be receiving the $15 copay credit. The customer service and billing representatives do not want to deal with this problem and tell me they will call me back. I've heard this story several times and they never call back. They're willing to take my money but not give it back when they should. I hate that my insurance requires that I have to use them for my medications. I would not recommend this company!!!

The absolute worst company on the planet. If you have a choice of pharmacies to choose from save yourself a lot of anguish and go with the other. Their online refill application is a joke and while you think it works you'll get a phone message a few days later saying there's a need for you to call CVS about your order. Then get ready to talk with one of their inept customer reps.

Two weeks ago I received an email stating it was time to renew my specialty drug. I completed the online part and a week later received a phone call asking me to call about my order. After being put on hold for 10 minutes I was assured everything was taken care of and would receive my drugs the next day. Not so fast, Bucko. No drugs arrived and the next day received another voice message asking that I call again about my order. This is so typical of CVS Specialty Pharmacy. You get the drift...

They don't care at all about the patients. My physician called in a script for ** 3 days ago. Received authorization number 3 days ago - have called everyday and keep being told pharmacist has to finish it. Why so long - I can see why there are so many complaints about Caremark. Calling my HR Dept. on Monday to see what other specialty pharmacy I can use.

What should have been an easy process turned into 6 weeks of frustration and pain. Because of Caremark's incompetence and lack of follow through with getting my Rx delivered to the Dr.'s office on schedule, I have been in severe pain. They do not care about the patient and only care about profiting in this broken medical system. I spent hours on hold and trying to assist in getting this done expediently and they put no effort in on their end.

If I could give negative stars, I would. I get a different answer from EVERYONE I speak with. They canceled a prescription and told me various different reasons why. Finally found out that it was canceled because they said my provider illegally filled it out. I spoke to a pharmacist there (apparently the only competent people at the company) who confirmed that I was correct. However, this was after 6 phone calls and several hours of my time. Now I will NOT have the prescription in hand on the day I ran out (today). No one knows what is going on there and they never update my online profile so I always have to call to figure out what is going on. I have had it with them. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

My employer has used CVS Caremark for the last 5 years and every year I have a problem (no fault of mine). Each time I contact Caremark I get a different person but the same rude and defensive attitude. Using the online prescription mail order service was a nightmare. They changed my prescription and send me wrong meds and then wanted to charge me to ship it back! I had to argue for hours and escalate to managers. This year the pharmacy removed the Caremark number and now I am out $1,500 because they refuse to apply to my deductible. The most frustrating part is no one will explain to me why or how to avoid this problem. No one will return my calls or give me any information. Cannot afford the meds for anxiety that this problem is causing. Happy freaking holidays.

I have been dealing with CVS Caremark/Specialty for the past 12 months now with regards to shipping out my medication for IV infusions that I need every 6 weeks. EVERY 6 weeks for the past 12 months I find out the day before my infusion that my medication never shipped and no one bothered to communicate to me to resolve the issue. I find out because my doctor calls me to warn me I may not have my treatment due to no medication. They are clueless, none of them are on the same page and clearly don't know how to reference a file to find out the correct status and what is going on. You have to tell the same thing to 5 different people and spend hours on the phone to get anything done correctly!

They are rude and unhelpful. They treat you like you are nothing and whatever is wrong with you, whatever your needs are really aren't their problem and they make it known. I have written numerous complaints to the company and they have gone without a response. Shocking. They create more problems than help and it's amazing to me how NO ONE communicates with each other through the company let alone the patient. It should not be this stressful and problematic to get medical needs in order to live. This company has no clue how to treat patients! You mean nothing to them, you are just another number and it's sickening that they get away with it.

Caremark - RX Inc Company Profile