1.0/5 (37 ratings)

About CVS Caremark

CVS Caremark Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

My medicine delivery was rescheduled 3 times this month, and I still haven't gotten it. I get really sick and hurt very badly when I don't take it on time, but CVS Specialty has been giving me the same problem for the past 4-5 months! It doesn't make any sense for a prescription to be completely out before it is refilled. If I recommended CVS Specialty to a loved one with a severe heart condition, for example, that loved one would probably die because they wouldn't get their medication in time!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

After my daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes we got an ** kit to manage it. Three weeks later, we received an email from CVS informing us that they were going to send an **. We specifically told them not to and a week later, got a letter stating that the order was cancelled. 3-4 days after the letter, the ** was delivered. Just yesterday, we received a bill for $122.98 regarding the "cancelled **." CVS claims that my daughter's doctor submitted two prescriptions on the same **. Even if that was true, why would Aetna approve two prescription of the same thing? Disclaimer: I rarely shop at CVS, my pharmacy of choice has always been Walgreens and now that Aetna is associated with CVS, it is FORCING Aetna members to shop there. I can't wait for the end of the year to switch.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

They can autorefill correctly, they don't, they forget, they run out AND they don't bother to call and explain. Now you have already missed a day due to CVS CAREMARK, so they should realize their error and ship them overnight=WRONG! Still won't sleep and overnights on you to pay IF you are lucky enough for anything to show up. Call Express Scripts and cry to them, they help you through the TRAUMA caused by CVS franchise.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Prior Authed my meds suddenly causing me to have to purchase five pills at full cost or abruptly stop taking them which would make me sick. Told me they would reimburse for my out of pocket expenses which were $300. Have been denied, then through the review process, three times and talked to multiple “supervisors” who assured me they will handle it. No one called me back. No letters received. No reimbursement. And when I call it’s all supposedly in my account notes yet. No customer service rep knows what I am talking about. Absolutely the worst scam. But I have no choice. Thanks, State of Kansas.

Original review: July 29, 2022

Since February of 2022 CVS Caremark has routinely denied my claims for COVID at-home test reimbursements. They claim that they can only reimburse once every 30 days, but the federal government clearly states that insurance providers must reimburse every month. Thus, all of my tests purchased in January, February, March, etc. are eligible for reimbursement. When I brought up this issue by mailing in an appeal, I received a denial of appeal with the same reason as given originally, even though I pointed out that their logic was flawed.

When I brought up this issue by sending a message in their message center, their excuse was that I was charged excessively and exceeded the $12 per test allowed reimbursement. Wrong! The total for 8 tests was under $80. Do the math. Caremark, you are knowingly and illegally denying claims and in violation of a federal order. I'm only with Caremark because they're the insurance provider my company selected. I would NEVER consider them if I was buying my own insurance. Based on these experiences with Caremark I will be writing a letter to our HR department strongly advising them to switch to a different provider. If Caremark does not realize their mistake, I will be bringing a lawsuit against their fraudulent business and they will pay up one way or another.

Original review: July 28, 2022

My son just has his tonsils taken out. I went to fill the surgeon's script for pain management and CVS Caremark delayed it requiring a prior approval from the doctor. I called to complain and get it resolved, and they were able to give me a temp three day supply until my doctor completed the prior authorization. Two days later, the doctor office calls and says the prior authorization was denied. I called Caremark back and they said that the doctor's office did not fill out the questions properly and they needed to do it again. So I am still trying to get this covered.

My question is why do we need a prior authorization on this. My son's tonsils were taken out. It going to hurt! The doctor wrote the script. I don't need the insurance company asking the doctor "Are you sure he really needs pain meds?". This is a sorry excuse for an insurance plan. I am complaining to my company about this process and how ridiculous it is. What makes it even worse is I can pay the GoodRX price and have what I need, but it costs three times the amount. What's the point in having this insurance if they are going to just throw up roadblocks every time I need medication.

Original review: July 28, 2022

CVS Caremark has had my pain prescription for 2 weeks yet states they need my doctor's approval (on record and called in twice) yet they deny having it despite having my prescription on hand. They hang up (7 times already) as they say "Please allow me to research this" then they: a) hang up; b) say it's in the mail; c) say, "Your doctor needs to call." My doctor's office seems to be of the opinion that they are a conglomerate who cares little about the patients and that it's a common thing for them. I'm calling it in locally. Sad that their customer service is so poor, especially when you're a patient in pain. DO NOT USE THEM for CRITICAL MEDICATIONS. They are slow to respond. Their call center team answers, but beyond grilling you multiple times for your name and birthdate, they are useless.

Original review: July 23, 2022

I have been forced to go through CVS for years now through company insurance plans. This year we have been forced into CVS online pharmacy shipping only unless a one time prescription. I also am forced to use CVS Specialty Pharmacy. I have that sign on and accessibility now taken care of and it is working. I have been trying now for 6 months to log in to the CVS Caremark Pharmacy app. I log in, it goes to authentication and the number to send a validation code to is incorrect. It is not my phone number. So I choose answer security questions, the system replies that it does not have access to that information. That’s it, at this point at a dead end.

I called the CVS help line and spoke to Demetria, she transferred me to Marianna who transferred me to someone else who transferred me to a line that continually spieled, "HOLD while we are transferring your call," after 5 minutes I was hung up on. I called back and the girl tried to help then abruptly put me on hold without acknowledging she was going to do so. I held for a long time then the call went to the main line to start over again. I asked for customer service and then the call was dropped. CVS is nothing but a corporation gleaning off the corporations that contract with them. There is nothing there for the consumer.

Original review: July 14, 2022

Medicare requires use of generic when available. CVS had to order overnight generic, they only had name brand. All meds are $3.95 under Medicare. Pharmacist gave name brand next day. At much increased price. Told me they can order generic. They did that the prior day. Pharmacist said nothing she could do but reorder. This is a heavy narcotic patch of **. The withdrawal is immediate. Pharmacist is aware of this. Said that's the way it is. Bane brand cost $600 for month supply. I had to buy it. Pharmacy selling name brand for profit without regard to federal laws and Medicare. Complaint filed Corporate CVS. Just use somebody else, like your small town pharmacy. CVS doesn't care, especially Store # 10101 Stillwater, Oklahoma 74074. 101 E. Hall of Fame phone # 405 707 0287.

Original review: June 13, 2022

The employee I was trying to ask questions to had such horrible service that most of the conversation I could not hear! The answers I got for 2 diabetic supplies I need were that they were not covered without prior authorization. They will pay for outdated equipment or types of insulin. Not Helpful. When I asked to talk to their manager, I was told there was no one she could provide me. Worst company I have had for pharmacy benefits.

CVS Caremark Company Information