Caremark RX Inc

Compare Health Insurance Companies

Research top Health Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

If I could give negative stars, I would. I get a different answer from EVERYONE I speak with. They canceled a prescription and told me various different reasons why. Finally found out that it was canceled because they said my provider illegally filled it out. I spoke to a pharmacist there (apparently the only competent people at the company) who confirmed that I was correct. However, this was after 6 phone calls and several hours of my time. Now I will NOT have the prescription in hand on the day I ran out (today). No one knows what is going on there and they never update my online profile so I always have to call to figure out what is going on. I have had it with them. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

My employer has used CVS Caremark for the last 5 years and every year I have a problem (no fault of mine). Each time I contact Caremark I get a different person but the same rude and defensive attitude. Using the online prescription mail order service was a nightmare. They changed my prescription and send me wrong meds and then wanted to charge me to ship it back! I had to argue for hours and escalate to managers. This year the pharmacy removed the Caremark number and now I am out $1,500 because they refuse to apply to my deductible. The most frustrating part is no one will explain to me why or how to avoid this problem. No one will return my calls or give me any information. Cannot afford the meds for anxiety that this problem is causing. Happy freaking holidays.

I have been dealing with CVS Caremark/Specialty for the past 12 months now with regards to shipping out my medication for IV infusions that I need every 6 weeks. EVERY 6 weeks for the past 12 months I find out the day before my infusion that my medication never shipped and no one bothered to communicate to me to resolve the issue. I find out because my doctor calls me to warn me I may not have my treatment due to no medication. They are clueless, none of them are on the same page and clearly don't know how to reference a file to find out the correct status and what is going on. You have to tell the same thing to 5 different people and spend hours on the phone to get anything done correctly!

They are rude and unhelpful. They treat you like you are nothing and whatever is wrong with you, whatever your needs are really aren't their problem and they make it known. I have written numerous complaints to the company and they have gone without a response. Shocking. They create more problems than help and it's amazing to me how NO ONE communicates with each other through the company let alone the patient. It should not be this stressful and problematic to get medical needs in order to live. This company has no clue how to treat patients! You mean nothing to them, you are just another number and it's sickening that they get away with it.

First, CVS Caremark closed my account. Then I spent an hour 3 weeks ago straightening out my account that is all messed up for no reason. I have spent about 5 hours on the phone with CVS Caremark. They had to re-open my file twice - whatever that means. Still no prescription in sight. Everytime I call, it is a 30 minute conversation leaving me with calling the doctor's office again to get more information and to get the CVS Caremark Authorization code they gave to my doctor and lost. It is beyond ridiculous. This company is beyond unorganized and every time I call there is a new reason for the delay of a medication I have been on for the past (10) years.

They were very corrupt and dishonest with me. My ** never arrived. I called them and they said they'd investigate. Later I called them and they stated they had no previous record of me calling them then wanted me to investigate the post office. I had stage iv papillary carcinoma and take ** (brand name only) to suppress a reoccurrence. Since they would not send out another 3 months' supply I was forced to take **, old **, mix and match various pills to make my 200mcg and go without. They risked my life then had the audacity to charge me a $60 co-payment and claim that they never received my previous phone calls.

I will never do business with them again. I suggest anyone reading this to avoid them. I like local CVS but will never, ever do business mail order again. I don't know who lost it. The post office doesn't know who lost it or where it is but they were not honorable with me. They cost me money, time, pain and suffering and put my life into risk. I have nothing good to say about them. Suggestions: Record every recording. Get everyone's name. Document everything. Be prepared to call day after day. I won't deal with this kind of stress ever again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caremark RX Inc?

For the past 5 years, after a stroke and different attempts with medications I started taking **. This month I started using the CVS Caremark through my employer and to my surprise they denied it stating I should used the generic. 2 different appeals were filed by my physician stating the meds I tried before and why the generic wasn't an option. First it was a pharmacists who declined the **. A pharmacist overruled a physician. When I ask the name they just told me Juan no last name and he was an RPH. When I question again the name the pharmacy tech told me they weren't authorized to reveal the name. I wonder why??? The second time they said it was a doctor but of course refused to give me the name.

At this point and after 2 visits to the ER I still have no medication. This is the worst insurance and full of mediocre staff who don't give a hoot about you. Keep in mind you have the right to know the name and credentials of those who declined you a service. Usually not qualified to do so and I will keep fighting to get what my health needs.

Nothing but excuses. Nothing but lies. They all should be fired! I hate that my insurance company is making me use this company to get my meds. It should not take almost two weeks to set up a profile and have a prescription processed. Still, I have no meds, and now they want to try and do a rush job. Unacceptable!!!!!

They shouldn't even be allowed to dispense a vitamin, that's how horrible they are!

I would like to let consumers know that CVS Caremark is ripping me off. My 14 year old autistic/ADHD/OCD/anxiety disorder has been on ** since he was 5. Because the price of the brand name is/was SO high, I decided to take a chance and use the generic. I did this for 1 month. THEN, CVS removed the generic (**) from their formulary. I had his neurologist send to CVS a prior authorization for review to lower the cost, since this drug is medically necessary. CVS denied this request, and is now charging me $90+ for a month's supply of 2 different doses of the generic.

NOW... I check on CVS Caremark (logged into my account) what the brand would cost. I pulled up a total price of $92.49 for 2 different strengths (which is necessary). When I ask the "Resolution Specialist" what the price is for both strengths she quotes me: $133.50!!! I asked why the difference from her price and what I see logged into my account? She responds: "the price you see on the website is just an estimate, and the prices change daily". Since when does this happen? I asked where can I go to find out the daily price of **, since I am on a tight budget (one income family due to disabled son) and would like to check that out for myself. She said it was impossible to do. I would like to lodge a formal complaint against this company, and need direction on how to do so. I have NEVER experienced this sort of issue with prescriptions before, and never heard of such a thing.

I called CVS insurance trying to see if I was getting the lowest price for my script where I was going. I was told that the price they had was $52.00. I said, "Oh ok. I will keep going where I am going. I only pay $32.00." I then went to fill my script and the price of $32.00 I was paying for the last 6 months was upped to $52.00 all in ten mins of calling CVS.

The pharmacy said the cost of the drug had not changed and that I should call CVS because it did not changed. I called them and they first said then it was pharmacy not them and I then explained, "No, they said the cost had not changed." Then they really could not give me a reason why it changed. I told them its very hard to believe after calling and them finding out what I was paying elsewhere in the matter of 10-15 mins they up the price. They still had no reasons to give. I spoke with a manager and everything. This company seems like they are involved with Ins fraud and should be investigated. I would be happy to help with this.

Avoid this company at all costs if you can. Unfortunately, my insurer selected this administrator for prescription benefits and I have no other choice. I was left without an oncology medication for four days before I received an override to use my local specialty pharmacy with whom I had worked seamlessly for six years. Prior to CVS/Caremark assuming the contract I had a standing override to utilize a local specialty pharmacy for 6+ years. I never was advised that CVS/ Caremark would no longer honor the pre-existing override.

One month later, my prescription was not yet processed and I will have been left without medication for at least one more day. Inept and incompetent are apt descriptors. Though most customer service reps have been apologetic, it appears that they have many untrained employees who are using a new software system. For those living in Wisconsin, I would recommend filing a complaint with the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance which can be done online ** as it has been my experience that insurance providers are loathe to amass complaints as their ability to sell insurance in the state may be curtailed.

My doctor sent a script to Caremark. The prescription was written incorrectly. It should have been for 180 pills (2 a day for 90 days), but instead it was written for 90 pills for 90 days. My contact pay issue $105 irregardless of whether the script was written for 90 or 180 pills. Caremark will not make this right. I should not be penalized for my doctor's error.

I am unfortunately stuck with this garbage company because of my employer but they CANNOT ever get anything right! Every time I have a new prescription or a refill on a current one I ALWAYS have problems! I am so fed up with this company I decided to write this review. My birth control is supposed to auto refill on time every 3 months and it is NEVER on time. Apparently this company thinks that you can just go 2 weeks without your pills and it's fine! That's NOT how things work!! Why can you never refill a prescription on time?!?! Then they tell you that IT IS on time and they won't send it out to you!!! I'm sorry but when I'm OUT OF PILLS my refill is CLEARLY NOT ON TIME! Then they continue to argue with you and never actually help with the problem.

This company definitely does not put the customer first! I really do not know how they stay in business. I wish we could all boycott them so they go out of business! It is ludicrous! I cannot BELIEVE how many problems I have had with Caremark. It baffles my mind. Avoid this company at all costs if you can!!! They definitely DO NOT care about their customers in the least!

From their website to their incompetent representatives, not to mention their policies, this company could not be any more deplorable to have to deal with even if it was staffed by stray cats. If you want an Rx company that sends you prescription orders that you did not request or one that double charges your credit card but shows your billing as being half that amount then this is your company. Also, they claim that their order processing is 1-2 days, but that time frame is never consistent. I just ordered a prescription on Oct. 3, 2016. They sent me a notice that it was shipped today the 10th of Oct. USPS has not received the item yet to be shipped.

I have to take an oral med for a chronic condition. I got the Rx from the doc's office and went to a local CVS pharmacy. Was told my CVS caremark insurance requires me to use specialty pharmacy to obtain the drug. The RPh from the local CVS returned the Rx back to me. So I called 800 number provided by the RPh. The 1st representative obtained all of my Rx, prescription insurance information and coupon information through the phone, told me that they will need to do verification of the Rx before any processing. Then I got hang up suddenly. So I called again. The 2nd representative was VERY rude that she did not want to help at all! Kept saying because she was not the rep helped me before so she can do NOTHING!

After I begged again and again, she said she would look into it and tried to find out who helped me before and gave me a callback. One hour passed no call came. It was almost 8:40PM. My wife checked the business hour of specialty pharmacy online and knew that it was going to close in 20 minutes. So I called again. 3rd rep said he can help that he did something so this time we can pick up the drug in a local CVS store. Next day, we went to a local 24hr CVS and got the drug.

25 days later, my wife called that local CVS store to do the 1st refill and was told again I have to use the specialty pharmacy. My wife called specialty pharmacy trying to do local fill. They said we have to call the insurance to request. So she called insurance and requested local fill because of the previous bad experience w/ the specialty pharmacy. The ins rep said she would stay on the phone line to talk to the specialty pharmacy together. It took her 2 hours to talk to different people from the out-of-state cvs specialty dispensing pharmacy, basically stating the previous bad experience again and again to two different people from that specialty dispensing pharmacy but no progress for the refill process at all.

My wife was so desperate that I would not get the medication on time because of the doc verification, account verification, insurance verification, etc. The result of this 2 hour calling was they would have to do all the verifications and cannot promise when the drug would come. Actually all of these information they can get from that local CVS pharmacy but they would not do it! My wife asked if she was speaking to a pharmacist, and the answer was NO! I do not understand the existence of such "specialty pharmacy" that they do not help patients at all in any level but trying to make drug dispensing process so difficult.

How can a specialty pharmacy called itself a pharmacy that customers can NOT even get a pharmacist to deal with Rx??! After went around with them for 2 hours, my wife gave up and hang up. Then she called CVS Caremark insurance again and wanted to know if I can use other company's specialty pharmacy. The rep initially said yes as long as it's specialty pharmacy, but then she said no. Then the rep offered my wife that she was going to ask someone in the specialty pharmacy or herself to do an override for me. So I was able to fill the Rx at the local store.

This was the worst experience we had with the CVS insurance and pharmacy service ever! I don't know if I can get my drug on time for next month or not. Bad side is I have to take the med as the rest of my life. Sigh... This is the healthcare in the United States. Government shall investigate into it. CVS is being too powerful!

My 86 year old mother is on a fixed income and we found that the initial mail order prescription service, through Walgreens, was perfect for her. Ever since CVS took over it has been an utter nightmare. Claims that scripts were sent and never received (costing her up to 3X as much to replace), double billing on scripts and scripts deleted for no reason. There appears to be corruption within this service and the customer service is inept which is more or less the main downfall of this company. Reports have been made to the Postal General for inconsistencies when it comes to the controlled substances not being delivered and I am also taking action through BCBS.

I am being forced to take generic statins despite serious side effects. In the past I have taken the name brand ** and it worked with minimal side effects. They will not approve ** despite my doctor's specific request and a "do not substitute" on the prescription. I know this is all for the sake of revenue. They are putting money ahead of lives and people's health and getting away with it. That is a little disturbing to me. Worst company to deal with. They are quick to point the finger and blame others. They do not care what you need and will give you what they think you need. I'm quite sure they will get slapped with a lawsuit one day when someone gets seriously ill or drops dead from not getting the proper meds they need.

1st time 3 months no problems. 2nd 3 month nothing goes right, no one is in control, everyone lies. You will be lucky if you get any meds. They blame your doctor, and anyone else but themselves. Left hand dont know what right hand does. AVOID THIS COMPANY.

I have recently transitioned from private insurance to Medicare and ended up with Caremark as the preferred pharmacy. What a sham they are running! My doctor ordered ** 300mg 3 times a day. That cost would have been $14.96. INSTEAD, they fill it for ** 300mg 3 times a day at the cost of $115.00. They will not stop the order and they have already taken the $115.00 from my checking. I have income of $629.00 per month. I cannot afford the $115.00 payment for a medication that I could pay $14.96 to receive. They are waiting for the label to be printed and say "we cannot stop the shipment." So my alternative is that I wait for the arrival of the shipment, THEN request a return label, mail it back and once they receive the medication back, they will CONSIDER the refund. I am filing a grievance with them as this puts me out $115.00 vs $14.96 for at least a month IF they actually refund the cost once I return it.

I believe they are an perfect example of how and why senior citizens feel they are being taken advantage of. They hold us hostage because they "require" an account number for payment, they don't request authorization prior to tapping our accounts and then and only then they MIGHT refund the money. This is a sham. They could stop that medication from being mailed out! The label could have been voided. I do not believe that they cannot stop this whole entire process. CAREMARK PHARMACY/CVS IS AWFUL and UNCOOPERATIVE!!!

I have been with Caremark for a couple of years through our Cigna Insurance plan. I have been overweight and wanted to get healthy so I spoke with my doctor to get a little boost and tried a couple of meds. Nothing worked until I tried one early last year. It worked and I was able to lose 85 plus pounds in a year and cut my BMI in half. Came off CPAP and stopped my BP meds as well as a frequent kidney stone and was stone free for a year.

In January I found out that they no longer will be covering my RX. Why? Because they want you to use one that they are partnering with. I have tried everything since and now am up 55 lbs this year alone. Sent in prior auth and they deny it saying I have not tried 3 of the covered meds. I am sorry but the one thing you would think now that they would do is help you come off other meds and get healthy but NOPE. Sad for sure and I can only hope that my company changes the RX provider next year. And you wonder why there are so many on this site providing these reviews.

I have been on a medication for over 2 years then all the sudden they need a prior authorization from my doctor (because they're CHEAP and don't want to pay for my script, which is ALREADY THE GENERIC). So my doctor submits the PA and over 10 days later they're still saying they haven't received anything and to call back in 2 to 3 business days!!! IF THIS MEDICATION WAS NEEDED TO SAVE MY LIFE CVS CAREMARK WOULD'VE LET ME DIE!! Good thing it only affects my ability to function at work and keep my job!!!

My wife was prescribed a three-month amount of ** by a doctor. CVS only sold her one disc; one month's supply of this expensive asthma inhaler. CVS insists that one month's amount was all the physician ordered by phone. Wrong! We can't EVER reach the pharmacy by phone. I'm glad that as of January 2017, CalPERS is not continuing with CVS Caremark. It is the worst pharmacy with which I have ever dealt with!

So Jan 1 I got transitioned through my ex-employer from Express Scripts to Caremark. I never had problems with Express Scripts. Some prescriptions got carried over, some did not. They really began jerking me around with one generic drug. My doctor wanted to give me an inject-table one in addition to the pill version, single use, forget it, I gave up, for the first time they wanted some deal where the doctor's office calls them and gives them all kinds of details. The office won't do it, they say it takes up a half hour of time. Why can't Caremark just send us a form to fill out? - no, Caremark won't do that. Then on the pills for the drug they did the same thing. Jerked me around for months then finally after a long time they said it would be shipping August 1. But when I checked - oops! They canceled it because as of August 1 - I go over to Caremark Silverscript - the 65 and over one. So now I have to get a new prescription.

I use the "order" tab where you order a drug and they contact your doctor. I specified 50mg, they respond it's shipping but don't say in the email what strength. Turns out it's 25mg. But somehow the local CVS also has the same prescription - but the correct one, 50mg. How did they get it right but the mail order could not? Now I have to stop the shipment because if it ships they will say I am not eligible for another 90 days. I still don't understand why this prescription plan is so high. $114 a month for me and my ex-employer is paying 40%. That means it's about a $200 plan? None of the stand-alone Medicare plans are that high, the highest individual plans are around $95.

After recently switching to Cigna, was informed that Caremark is now responsible for managing my prescription needs. I was told by a Caremark rep that I must fill my prescriptions at CVS, Target and not at Walgreen's where I've been going for years with friendly workers. I had to contact my doctor and have them resend my prescription to CVS where I am now getting what I consider to be less than friendly help with my prescription needs. I feel mistreated and uncared for by the entire Caremark/CVS process and wish that I had the option of filling my prescription at a pharmacy that treats me well and not like a nuisance. The Caremark agent expressed zero consideration for the stress the change caused or the fact that I've been unable to get my prescription filled for weeks and would have to call around to get everything set up so that I could get my medicine at an office further away from my home. Not a happy camper.

Over a year ago I was prescribed a medicine for Neuropathy which is 1 of the reason this medicine is covered. CVS Caremark denied the coverage which cost me over $500 per month out of pocket. The medicine was approved this July and my diagnosis did not change. They are refusing to cover even the past 180 of out of pocket expenses. They try to make things difficult so people give up on their rights for coverage. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND CVS CAREMARK - they stink.

Tried to get my name brand medication because it works. No you have to use a generic or appeal. Was appealed. CVS specialty claims they have nothing to with rejecting it. Why do you have to use a lying company when they are thieves? 2 years ago I got my name brand shots for $150. Now it is $350 for generic crap that does not work. So you have to reorder again and they can make more money. Their customer service is just doublespeak. Will be dropping them on the first of the year.

My company insurance just switched to CVS this Jan. It is a retiree insurance program. During January I transferred my prescriptions to CVS and asked a customer service representative, "How much is a 3 month supply?" Answer was it was cheaper to get it filled at the pharmacy and it would be added to my deductible. Of course it was not added to my deductible since it was a 3 month supply. However, I did continue to fill 1 month supplies at the pharmacy instead of ordering 3 month through the mail and I did complain about the miscommunication on the deductible. I had been told since it was a maintenance drug that was OK. Today the price was more than usual and I called to ask why. Now they want me to order through the mail. I have no idea who or what to believe. It is very confusing. Please help! I feel like an idiot.

CVS Caremark - This company is inept bordering on negligence and malpractice. My wife is on a drug that should not be stopped. I have had to spend hours on the phone trying to get the prescription filled. In addition, they call and say they can't get the drug because the manufacturer doesn't have it. This is false because I can get it online. We have to use this horrible company because of job-related insurance and we never had any problems with this drug until we had to deal with CVS Caremark. We didn't know this company would be used until after my wife accepted the job, and we both now regret her taking the job. This is absurd considering that CVS Caremark should be a benefit. Instead it is a nightmare.

Started a new medication and requested generic. Under our health plan we pay $10 for generics. We were charged for the name brand price. It states on the formulary that the Med I want is generic. The company says because it's not a generic of a specific company they can make us pay full price. After several phone calls and getting a lot of runaround, I asked "Teresa" if basically what she was telling me was that they were charging me brand price for a generic because they can. She said yes.

My doctor has tried 3 times to order a renewal of my maintenance medication starting 6/28 and last on 7/7. It never shows up as received even though the doctor gets notified that the eprescribe form was received. The problem seems to be due to I will have a new plan (Silverscript) on 8/01 but I will run out of my current supply around 7/28. My Rx is being filed with my new plan and no one seems to be able to see it since the plan is not yet in effect. Eprescribe has no way to include my plan ID that is seen by the computer. I have tried one last time to get assistance but based on my earlier attempts, I will receive only platitudes about how much Caremark cares about my health. Hah! If they cared they would find a way to help me. My opinion is that anyone can make an error but an error not corrected may constitute fraud.

These people are absolutely idiots. They send one prescription when I don't need it and another, they say according to their records isn't due refill. I've been taking these same medications for years. I originally signed up with them through SilverScript because the local CVS store hounded me about filing prescriptions long before I needed to refill them. I will never renew my membership with them again. Their website is terrible. Please note one example is ** 10mg.

Caremark - RX Inc Company Profile