1.6/5 (63 ratings)

About CVS Caremark

CVS Caremark Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?

Original review: May 8, 2022

CVS is threatening to not cover prescriptions at local pharmacy. I'm not going to drive 100+ miles to get an antibiotic. Wife needs regular meds that need refrigerated, don't trust USPS to ensure it will not freeze on the porch. Terrible insurance. We will support local pharmacies, not big box programs.

Original review: May 6, 2022

After waiting in line for over 30 minutes to pick up a phoned in prescription from the doctor's office, I was told it wasn't ready and my name would be called when it was. My name was called and I approached the window where a rude and officious clerk asked if I had been to the window before. Yes, my name was just called to pick it up. She didn't seem to know what the procedure was and was very rude. Long story short. This is about the third time that I've had and unpleasant experience at CVS.. The last time the clerk forgot to call my name when the script was ready. The line is ridiculously long and each customer takes an inordinate amount of time due to the lack of training. There is no excuse for this bad behavior or rudeness, not to mention the wait.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2022

I have been trying to get my medically necessary approved for over five months. The Prior Authorization Department has denied my claim four times now, even though my doctor has followed their instructions each time. I have already tried all of the medications they have requested and all of them have failed. My doctor has documented this with them, but they still deny me. A patient is not allowed to contact the PA Department directly. This has affected the quality of my life! They do not care. This is the worst prescription provider I have ever dealt with. They should be fined or sanctioned, or something. Please steer clear of CVS/Caremark if you have a choice and value the quality of your life! They do not deserve one star!

Original review: April 18, 2022

For being in healthcare it's horrible how bad their service is. Tried messaging them since I was having an issue and the website wasn't working so I emailed them and they actually emailed back telling me to call or send a message thru the website. They obviously did not read my email. Tried to call, on hold for so long I gave up. They actually did respond telling me they do not have my phone # and to give it to them. I've been dealing with them for years and they have called me plenty of times in the past so that was ridiculous. I give them my phone # AGAIN and they don't even call! I get the cut and paste generic messages how they will escalate the issue and let the proper people know about my issue, but they don't do anything. I don't have a choice but to use them for my medicine but there is NO customer support whatsoever. This is just one of many issues I have had with this company and it's pathetic how they operate.

Original review: April 16, 2022

CVS Caremark is the worse medication insurance experience I have ever had. They do their very best to avoid covering your prescription. One way they do it is by asking your busy doctor to call them about your prescription. They give your doctor a phone number that they don’t ever answer knowing that busy doctors will stop trying after few futile efforts. Meanwhile, your order is blocked until they talk with your doctor. They have many other obstacles to filling your prescription. Don’t waste your time and money. AVOID this insurance scam.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I have a prescription for **. It is not life saving, it is not something I need to take to maintain quality of life. It is literally just for my ongoing sexual health. I am very glad I do not have any prescriptions that I need to take every day or risk severe complications. So far I have had ** for ~4 months. I have not had a single refill where I did not need to call the pharmacy and get them to check my prescription again to verify that I have refills. My provider has had to reach out to them each time to confirm that, yes, I do still have the refills available as indicated in my prescription. And this is just for a sexual health medication. If you have a prescription for anything critical, do NOT utilize CVS.

Original review: April 1, 2022

They are completely unresponsive to all communications. I've tried replying to their emails, and also logging into their Caremark website and sending a message there. I've even tried calling, and am put on hold interminably. (I hung up after 1/2 hour with no explanation for the delay.) Sure, they only charge about $7/month after the deductible, but in my experience you're paying for nothing.

Original review: March 31, 2022

Caremark should be out of business PERIOD!! They try to make getting the Rx's that I have taken for YEARS (as I need them to SURVIVE) next to impossible to get..Always changing the GAME of theirs...Making my Dr. jump through HOOPS...Doing their BEST to talk me into changing to other CHEAPER..Crappy.. less useful for my needs drugs....That's just the start.

Their Customer Service ???? That is a whole new ball of total CRAP!! They are CLUELESS...Dumb...not a care in the world, call for the same reason that another called 4 days before...AND has no clue that someone CALLED before taking a hour of my time. The 1 thing they are taught well is "We Are SORRY". They act like they are doing their nails...while pissing you OFF with already answered questions. Calling the auto answer robot ask you for your name..date of birth etc. As soon as the HUMAN (I use that term LOOSELY) answers...they ask you for your name..date of birth...address...etc... SAME REDUNDANT info AGAIN. I want our Union to Drop this hot mess of a so called "COMPANY" Yesterday!!! Stay clear of CVS/CAREMARK

Original review: March 4, 2022

I have been on the same prescriptions (type 2 diabetic) for several years but somehow Caremark screws it up at least once a month. I will get a letter/text/email saying that they can no longer fill a prescription because “they contacted my doctors for a refill but received nothing from the doctor” (paraphrased). So I contact my doctor for a refill only to be told by Caremark that they can’t refill it yet as it’s not due for another 2 months. OH, in the original notice they said I had 5 days to contact my Doctor and get back to them. This could have been a one time occurrence, but NO, it has happened many times.

They say they contact my doctors but there has been no acknowledgement from my physicians that I know of - I always have to do a battle with my renewals. The is the most messed up company, I have ever dealt with. They didn’t used to be this bad but the last 2 years have been horrible. As soon as my insurance will let me switch I will do so and NEVER come back. Apparently their business office does NOT communicate with their pharmacy. HORRIBLE!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

I have Crohn's Disease and need my infusion. My doctor's office and myself have been working on this since January 3, 2022 because my infusion was due on January 18. I still have not received it. They have my doctor's office and myself jumping through so many hoops it is ridiculous. They have set up 3 delivery dates only to cancel them and give us more excuses as to why they won't deliver it. Yet again more hoops to jump through. This company is the worst insurance company that I ever had.

CVS Caremark Company Information