Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.88/5
Based on 1,695 ratings submitted in the last year

CVS Caremark Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

The CVS I use is all the way across town from where I live. I only use that one. I am willing to drive 10 plus miles to go to that one. My pharmacist team is so personable and helps me with EVERY TIME.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I have a CVS by me. I always find good deals in the Sunday papers. When I get to the store I always find great finds to add to my list. My store even has some clothes. A friend told me her store does.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I really like shopping at CVS because of their coupons. I get a new batch every week and save a lot of money by using them. I'd save a lot more than I do if I weren't a guy. I don't use cosmetics!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I have CVS setup as my automatic pharmacy. The one near my house is 24 hours because it's close to a hospital. I like the added coupons as a rewards member and I use them often. I shop there for deals.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I have mail order thru CVS Caremark and it is great. Never have to worry about running out of my medicine and I never have to contact my dr for refills. It is taken care of. This is a great service.

Original review: April 11, 2021

My psychiatrist accidentally refilled the wrong prescription so I called to cancel the $66 order. The lady on the customer service line said it was cancelled then I get charged and a notification that it shipped. I hate this company so much as this isn’t the first time their automatic renewal screwed over my bank account.

Original review: April 9, 2021

CVS Caremark has to be one of the worst pharmacies for insurance there is. I was overcharged $500 7 months ago and the issue is still not resolved. They have had mistake after mistake and the employees seem completely clueless on how to do any tasks which require using thought.

Original review: March 16, 2021

You've got to love a company like CVS Caremark. While I don't get a say in who my prescription provider is, it seems that CVS Caremark gets a say in what prescriptions it feels should be covered, instead of listening to the expertise of medical professionals. What's even more hilarious is when the prescription prescribed is a $10 anti-inflammatory cream, and the company I'm sure spent significantly more money denying my claim (that hasn't even hit the deductible yet anyways), then had they just processed the prescription to begin with. If you want to have your prescriptions rejected based on what makes CVS Caremark the most money, choose them as your provider. If you want a provider who actually listens to medical professionals, find someone else.

Original review: March 11, 2021

My workplace forces me to use Caremark. Trying to get refill on my meds, they refuse to send them because I HAVE to buy a 90 day supply. I can't afford the prices they have on one MONTH, must less a 90 day supply, plus they refuse to send a bill, you HAVE to pay when you order by mail! These people will NOT budge, and require me to no longer take my meds. The ONLY REASON I'm STILL working is for the health insurance. Guess I can go ahead and retire now that I'm paying for insurance I can't use! STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AS YOU CAN!

Original review: March 10, 2021

Over the past week my spouse placed nine telephone calls to various representatives of CVS Caremark Specialty Drug Program in an effort to obtain a new prescription for **. The drug was pre-approved on February 26, 2021. She was notified of this authorization by a letter she received in the mail on March 3, 2021. At that time she made her first call asking the status of the prescription. The wait time to speak with representatives in the pharmacy ranged from 45 minutes – 71 minutes. She was spent a total of 11 hours on calls with CVS. She noted that very time she got a representative on the line, they were universally polite and attentive, but unable to “fix” the alleged problems holding up filling and delivering the drug. When the drug did not ship on the date they originally said, the next set of calls were made at which time new anomalies blocking the order were revealed. Some of the alleged discrepancies delaying the prescription included:

Her date of birth was recorded incorrectly – not true, but this was the cited reason.
      She had no credit card on file – first revealed on another call - information provided.
      Her date of birth was recorded incorrectly – previously addressed by an “override”.
      Her insurance needed to be confirmed - CVS administers the insurance – Why not done at first call?
      Her date of birth didn’t match the date of birth on a co-pay assistance voucher – not true.
      There was no location information regarding where the drug was to be shipped.
      The telephone number for the prescribing doctor was missing.

There was “missing or incomplete data” on the claim .... and so on it went.

Compounding her frustration with getting the reported problems resolved was the fact that various departments in CVS Caremark Specialty are open at different times (Pharmacy from 7:30am – 7:30pm, PST; but Billing 8am – 8pm EST, and neither on the weekend.) As of this writing the drug may, or may not, be delivered to the doctor tomorrow, two weeks after this odyssey began. The wait times are unacceptable. The inability to get extensions numbers, unacceptable. The inability to schedule call backs in lieu of holding on the phone, unacceptable.

CVS Caremark Company Information