3.8/5 (1678 ratings)

About CVS Caremark

CVS Caremark Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

The CVS I use is all the way across town from where I live. I only use that one. I am willing to drive 10 plus miles to go to that one. My pharmacist team is so personable and helps me with EVERY TIME.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

CVS is by far my favorite Pharmacy. They make sure you know you're appreciated by giving back. Different sales going on all the time, 1 brand of vitamin or another is usually buy 1 get 1 free. Staying.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I have a CVS by me. I always find good deals in the Sunday papers. When I get to the store I always find great finds to add to my list. My store even has some clothes. A friend told me her store does.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

CVS states you can add items to your order when you have a prescription filled and check out only once. There will be no shipping even if your product order is less than $35. This only worked once.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

CVS takes great care of me. The pharmacy knows me by name. My scripts are so easy to manage as I get reminders when they are due so I don't forget them. They also keep me up on my immunization.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

They wrongfully charged me and sent me prescriptions that I stated I didn't need and now won't assist me properly to return them. They literally keep sending me the same exact response that is regarding a different situation with them, which means they clearly aren't even reading what I'm requesting at all. It's been this way for 5 emails now. I tried putting in a dispute with the BBB and they won't answer that either. Literally the worst customer service I've ever experienced. And my insurance is forcing me to use them...

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I work with insurances and pharmacies all day every day for work and CVS is seriously THE WORST one I have to work with and I hate that I am forced to use them for my prescription. Before they send prescriptions, they charge your card. After giving them my HSA info, they say they have everything I need. However, I get calls later saying the info didn’t save and they have to re-enter it. This happened MULTIPLE times for one month’s prescript. It finally went through and they send the med.

Later I start getting calls about a balance. I have worked with CVS many times about this “balance.” Each time, the representative says it is a mistake on their part, and that they fixed it but somehow it eventually comes back every time. They also sent this to collection. I have given them my HSA card and say they have it on file. To top all this off, I had a severe rare reaction to the med all over my body and the pharmacist tells the customer service that they do not need to speak with me.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

It seems that more often than not, when our doctor submits a prescription request for my wife for our mail order prescription service from CVS Caremark, there are problems, and rather than CVS just contacting the doctor's office to get things straightened out, they send us a letter saying they are not filling the prescription, and to call our doctor if we have questions. Then we have to call the doctor's office, and ask that they contact CVS and try to get things straightened out. Nursing staff at the doctor's office often related that they find it almost impossible to talk to an actual person and usually just give up and call in a new prescription, hoping it may go through.

This happens almost every time her neurologist submits a prescription to CVS mail-order pharmacy, for my wife, who has Parkinson's. I would switch mail order pharmacies if that was an option, but CVS is what our insurance company designates as our pharmacy provider. I cannot believe we are the only individuals having this problem and we are getting frustrated. Does this really have to be this hard?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

If I want to get my medication at a decent price, I have to use CVS Caremark mail order pharmacy. There are a number of issues associated with this requirement, not the least of which is the conflict of interest that my insurance company (Aetna) owns CVS Pharmacy. It’s important to point out that pharmacies in general have a high ethical responsibility to dispense life-saving drugs to people. I will list below some of the things that both Aetna and CVS do not take responsibility for, and have no ethical standards for delivering medication services to their prescribers:

* No conversation occurs between a pharmacist and a patient prior to or after ordering medication, as is common in on site pharmacies.
    * When ordering medication, there is nowhere to include special instructions to a pharmacist, such as packaging or questions about the medication.
    * Phone calls to CVS to get more personalized information generally results in being transferred several times and disconnected. If you do manage to actually speak with a staff member or pharmacist, the result is a rushed and rude conversation.
    * Medication orders take up to two weeks to arrive after ordering.
    * Medications arrive unsealed in a plastic bottle, in a plastic envelope with no insulation whatsoever and no dispensing instructions.
    * CVS Caremark never includes medication inserts with their mail order medication. Providing this information to patients is required by law in every other type of pharmacy.

* Medications in plastic bottles and plastic envelopes sitting in mailboxes that reach temperatures upwards of 120° in the summertime reduce the efficacy of the medication contained within. CVS takes no responsibility for that fact and does nothing to mitigate the problem. Indeed, if you point out the fact that the shipping mechanism is contraindicated to information contained in the drug manufacturers’ storage recommendations, you’re told you can go to a local network pharmacy and pay 3 to 5 times the amount for the same medication as an alternative. This is a false option for prescribers, as the same medication should cost the same price no matter method of delivery if it is in network.

Patients place a great deal of confidence and trust in a pharmacy when obtaining potentially life-saving medication. When a company has no ethics or guidelines around how it delivers their product, they should simply be put out of business. Everyone should use the mechanisms available to them to wage complaints against this company, such as filing complaints with consumer protection agencies both state and federal. It is outrageous that this company is allowed to practice in the manner that it does.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

They are not approving my cholesterol medicine which I was taking last 2 years. My company just switch with them. It seems like they are trying to sell some medicine that made in India and generic to make profit. They are forcing people take generic even though doctor prescribe non-generic. This is a total scam. I am planning to sue the Caremark. They cannot play with peoples' health. People takes so many drugs and they are interdependent and drug interaction also involved. If they are not willing to provide what doctor prescribed then why company need to keep them.

CVS Caremark Company Information