1.01/5

991 CVS Caremark Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 19, 2019

When is this company going to come under a Class Action Lawsuit? What is taking so long? Look at all of these reviews of people getting completely screwed over, day after day. It is RIDICULOUS that they are still in business. Shady, unethical company and I cannot believe any employee with a conscience would work for this employer. I have the same story as everyone else: THEY SCREWED ME.

Original review: March 16, 2019

CVS store is a mess. Caremark is disgusting, covers nothing, extremely high deductible, they should be banned, but it's typical for drug companies to rip off hardworking people who are NOT on Medicaid.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
Original review: March 14, 2019

I would rate this company 0 if I could. It says your call may be monitored for quality assurance. What a joke. The insurance and billing department are billing incorrectly and have been told this by our insurance plan. They even told them how to do it correctly. We are in a very rural area and this is a life-threatening medication. For the past 4 months it has not been delivered as promised. Everybody apologizes and says they have it corrected. NOT each time we call. We are on hold for an hour or more.

I am currently on hold for medication that was supposed to be delivered today. My husband took his last dose last night and has missed his morning dose and will be due an evening dose at 6 pm. We are over an hour away from the nearest pharmacy but will have to drive there once again due to incompetence. We will be speaking to our insurance company today about a different specialty pharmacy. We would not advise anybody to use this pharmacy. I get a headache every month when it's time to reorder.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I've had type 1 diabetes for 30+ years and was taking short- (**) and long-acting (**) insulins until CVS DEFINITELY DOESN'T Care refused to cover either until I tried AND FAILED three others. Fine, replacing ** with ** isn't the end of the world, that was fine. BUT THERE ARE NO ** EQUIVALENTS! Despite paying these thieves more than a generous monthly premium, they still refused to cover the insulin I desperately need. This is by far the worst prescription plan I've ever had, DO NOT PAY FOR THIS!! Avoid these thieves at all cost, they'd rather cash your checks and watch you die than cover medications you need. I wouldn't wish this (lack of) coverage on my worst enemy, CVS (doesn't) Care is by far the worst I've ever seen. You're better off paying out of pocket, at least you won't continue to let these thieves profit from hurting others. Evil, evil company.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I can, with confidence tell you I have never had to deal with such incompetence in any pharmacy I have gone to in my lifetime. I am now working on 4 months trying to get my medicine for my psoriatic arthritis. I have been on hold every time I've called for a minimum of 20 minutes to as much as 1 hour. I have spoken to so many people some telling me I needed prior approval for my meds, then for my insurance when it was already approved. Then they tell me my dr. was to call and change the dosage which was already done.

Finally they tell me all is good only to get another phone call asking for the same thing, which I have gotten at least 4 or 5 calls telling me all is ok. When nothing happens in a week I call again to ask what is going on only to be told, "Please hold while I check notes in system." There are 4 months of notes. What notes are all these reps looking at. My dr. was told they sent another fax and they haven't responded only to find out CVS has been faxing to the wrong number. Well I am now waiting again for Monday to come around again so I can call again to find out if anyone has figured out what I need now. In the meantime I go to work every day in pain waiting for a prescription that by now I would have known if it was working for me and might of had some relief.

Yet, I am still waiting, maybe someone should reevaluate this ridiculous system or lack of one. My concern is really for the people in a life or death situation, what happens to the people who need their meds to stay alive. Shame on you for such terrible service especially with dealing with people's meds. This is not like being out of a loaf of bread, you can go to your local supermarket to pick up. This is a specialty pharmacy, of which millions of people every day depend on. Four months wait is more than unacceptable to wait for any medication.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?

Original review: March 9, 2019

My husband's company changed their prescription coverage in Jan 2019. I had previously been on (2) dosages of ** for my Hypersomnia, which is a rare sleep disorder. I'm not narcolepsy, but I do want/need to sleep more than stay awake to function. This has all been determined by several sleep studies. My doctor had me on the perfect regimen and for a year plus, I felt like a normal human being. Well CVS Caremark ripped that away from me. They will only allow my medications if I am a narcoleptic and ADHD patient. So even though the medications are denied, after several attempts to appeal, but medically necessary, I have to pay out of pocket to remain on them.

Fortunately there are some great discount savings programs out there, I used Good RX, and it isn't horribly expensive out of pocket. I think I'm only paying $40 more than what my copays typically are. I'm just stuck paying for prescription drug coverage through the employer which is a waste. I know my situation isn't nearly as bad as some of the other people's posts, but I feel for anyone having to use this horrible company.

Original review: March 8, 2019

My doctor sent a prescription into mail order. I was called by the local CVS to pick it up. How it got there, no one knew. Two weeks later mail order sent me a text asking me to text Y to get the medication even though it wasn't covered. I deleted the text. A week later I got a text asking me to text Y to renew. I deleted that one too. Then I got an email saying the prescription will renew in a week. I don't want it. I logged into their website to try to cancel it. That can't be done. I called to tell them to cancel and was told the system is down; call back in an hour. I called back in three hours and hung up after being on hold for 15 minutes. I called back today. Same story. The website doesn't load today either. Yesterday the local CVS' phones weren't working at all. This company is a joke. In a lot of cases, you get better pricing from GoodRX. I will sign up with Walgreens next year. They can't be this bad.

Original review: March 7, 2019

My doctor and I ordered an IUD for me one month in advance, and it was scheduled to arrive in time for my next appointment. My husband and I had take off work and planned our day around this appointment. About 20 minutes before the planned appointment CVS Caremark called to let me know the IUD wasn’t delivered. I was furious, as you can imagine, because it was impossible to get the money and time lost to this appointment back.

The customer service people kept apologizing for the inconvenience and saying they could get it here by tomorrow. As most of you know, this isn’t a simple thing to accomplish. It meant more time off work for both of us. They were rude. They were not helpful. And could not apologize for something that was clearly their mistake. Luckily my doctor was able to step in and help, with a different IUD that happened to be in the office. I am filing a complaint with my insurance company tomorrow. I will pay out of my own pocket before I ever use the incompetent CVS Caremark pharmacy again.

Original review: March 7, 2019

If you call CVS specialty I hope you have several hours of your life to dedicate to it. They love call wait queues. You will be in a minimum of one, possibly more. The wait in each one will be a minimum of five minutes most likely closer to fifteen to twenty. And as far as the service you get, well there is a wide range. There is inept, they can't find you at all. Then we have the tell you what you want to get you off the phone, their information is wrong. They tell you everything is all well and good but then you get a call telling you it's not. Next to is waste your time and not help you at all. Oh, never ask for a supervisor. You'll go into another wait queue for the unforeseeable future. Even when you are at your limit and all you want to do is just give them money so you can stop this insanity they won't do that either.

Finally you get to just bite the bullet and pay a bunch of money for medication you need for your pain. But wait, you need to talk to yet another person and sit in another wait queue. By this time you are sitting there crying because you have wasted hours of your life and you can't take anymore at all and just hang up. Then wait, you don't know if everything you just did will actually work. Most likely not, you'll get yet another call and you have to waste more of you life for medication that you need. Summary of story. Nobody here actually wants to help you and you'll have to call them several times a day for weeks. If it possible for you to deal with ANY other company than this one I strongly suggest you do. You'll have far less stress. Either that or just give up on getting your meds you need.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Our company went to CVS pharmacy and Caremark a year ago. We are now forced to use these pharmacies unless we want to pay full price. When I get the same medications that I have had filled for a 3 month supply, it is supposed to go through the mail order. I never know if it is going to go through CVS Target or through mail order. The website is horrible to try and use! It is confusing and still to this day, a year later I DO NOT get a single text that my medicine needs refills or that is ready!! What prompted me to write this was a couple of weeks ago, I had my ** refilled. (Normal 3-month supply) I have always paid $21 for the three month supply. I am fine with that price because I like the convenience of having it mailed, vs waiting for 20 minutes or more in the store to find out it is not ready yet at the CVS pharmacy in Target. I get online and refill it and find out the price is now $97!!! Same medication.

I tried to cancel the prescription, because I am not going to pay almost $100 for medication I have only paid $21 for. Not to mention if you go to Walmart, the same medicine is only $4 for a one month supply! I called CVS Caremark and the representative was really really nice. He said that they had recently made some new "deal" with the manufacturer and that was why the medication was so expensive. I told him I wanted to cancel it, I would rather go to Walmart. He said he would change the price and lowered it to $21. It took him a good 15-20 minutes to "override" the system, as he put it. He told me the next time that I refill my medication, if it comes back as $97 again, that he has put the instructions in my account on how to override the system again.

My question is why would the same meds become more expensive? If you make a deal with a company, wouldn't they go down in price? My second question is why does ANYONE need to override the system if I don't like the price? Why are the medications not the same price across the board? If I had not tried to cancel my medication order would someone else have ended up paying $97 for their medication? That seems unfair! Has anyone ever had this problem with Caremark? I absolutely love having mail order prescriptions because dealing with CVS Pharmacy at Target is a total nightmare!!! Pros was the representative, he was very nice and despite the wait to fix the price, he was great on the phone. Ok pharmacy for convenience but keep an eye on your prices!!

Original review: March 1, 2019

My son has an autoimmune disease and the MD prescribed ** after the pill form of ** wasn't working. The MD submitted a Rx on Dec 28 and 3 weeks later, after numerous phone calls to CVS Caremark, they hadn't decided if it would be approved and offered NO advice or assistance. After seeing my son's condition getting worse, I went to Walmart and they were so helpful. They ordered in the ** and I picked it up the next day. They also directed me to website's that provided coupons to bring the drug cost down.

CVS Caremark is now refusing to reimburse me for the drug. I have spent HOURS on the phone with them trying to get reimbursed. I used to work for their home infusion company, Coram, in St. Louis. CVS encouraged us to have patients miss doses if the hospitals wouldn't keep the patient another day because they wouldn't staff the branches with enough pharmacists to fill the drugs. They are not patient advocates. It's all about the money.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

If I could I would give them a zero star. I have been on the phone 20 times in 33 days trying to correct their mistakes. Yes, that's plural, not mistake, but MISTAKES. If I tried to mess up, I couldn't do as poor a job as CVS Caremark has done. They did not send the correct amount of strips to check my blood sugar, wanted to charge me twice, never credited my account for a mistake they made and overall the representatives have no idea what they are doing. Purely incompetent people. I spend way more time on the phone with them than I should. It's unacceptable. Since January 23, 2019 I have spent almost 40 hours on the phone trying to correct their mistakes. I always get transferred to another person, which means the problems never get fixed. My insurance company said this is the mail service pharmacy I have to use. Truly, this company does not have the concern for the patient in mind.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

We have an insurance broker who recommended this company. UGH! First - do I have SilverScript or CVS Caremark??? I am getting emails from both and they seem to be different companies. I used to have Humana for Medicare Part D. After a VERY short learning curve, this company, their website, and their mail order program WORKED - simply and efficiently. I am trying to get started with Caremark, set up the mail order, and it has been crazy. I am getting emails with lists of "MY" meds from Caremark. Not only are they incomplete, they show drugs that I quit taking a long time ago. I also get phone calls telling me they have tried to verify my scripts by calling my doctor and "He never answers the phone." My doc just laughed! He had faxed all my scripts - they are still confused.

Sometimes I get emails from SilverScript that don't help me at all. The Caremark website told me that I was not allowed to order a refill of one drug ONLINE (a VERY OLD & COMMON med)! I talked to customer service and thought I had it straightened out. No. They are still confused. This is the worst experience I've ever had with an insurance company and I'm 73 years old. I have been self-employed for 40 years, so I have lots of experience managing my own policies. Happily, I am not in desperate need of any meds at the moment but I am worried that I will have to start running back and forth to a drugstore soon to get what I need. My broker recommended SilverScript based on cost. Now I'm not sure it is worth saving a few dollars.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Unfortunately I have been engaged with CVS Caremark for a couple of years. My experiences are horrible at best. Very inept and dishonest company. Recently refilled a prescription and was quoted zero cost by an individual and their voice system when confirming the order. Later that month I notice a charge of $800+ to my account and I call CVS Caremark. They refuse to refund because it was shipped. I eventually log a complaint and totally ignored until I involved my insurance company. CVS Caremark finally gets back and tell us they reviewed the transaction and they are aware that their system has a problem and quoted zero cost to me. They are fixing the "system" problem but I still have to pay the $800+ charge.

I later decided to just pay the charge but was initially told I didn't owe anything but then received dunning notices. I call CVS Caremark again to pay and could not find anyone that could handle a credit card payment over the phone. I once again got my insurance provider to broker a call with right individual and pay the fraudulent bill.

Recently I tried refilling two prescriptions and told they had expired but CVS Caremark would call the doctors office and get the refill prescription. Two weeks later I had heard nothing and call CVS Caremark. CVS Caremark tells me there is no record of them reaching out to doctors for refill prescription. I go over it again with the call center rep who has a wrong number for the doctor. Meanwhile I am on hold for another 25 mins with them while they call. They finally come back to me and tell me they received voicemail from one doctor's office but CVS Caremark can't leave a message for doctor to call CVS Caremark back because they are just a call center and don't accept incoming calls. Inept and borderline fraudulent. They are Terrible. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR BUSINESS, they don't deserve to be in business!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Husband's company contracted with CVS Caremark for pharmacy in 2019. Was very happy with Walgreens $10 monthly and had no issues...I’ve now been without my chemotherapy meds for Leukemia for over 3 weeks now. Being tossed back and forth between departments at Caremark. Dr wrote for med (brand), they will only approve generic ($300 copay). Appeal denied. Found a manufacture card to pay $300 copay but conveniently they don’t use that manufacture. Will not approve the brand name even though I have documented side effects on generic that make it miserable. Their option today was to go on another drug (one that I’ve already been on and made my lungs fill up and had to have them drained)

How about you just approve and fill the prescription by dr ordered. If they fill the brand name, it’s covered by manufacture copay card and I’ve done better with leukemia counts on brand name! What’s the issue? Don’t we as cancer patients have enough to deal with every day than to fight for our prescriptions after paying hundreds of dollars a month in insurance premiums. So aggravating!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING CVS/CAREMARK FOR MAIL PRESCRIPTION SERVICE!!! Should be 0 STARS but thats not an option. The amount of negative reviews on this sit should be a big red warning sign to everyone. My medicare Part D plan changed this year where i had a choice of Walgreens or CVS/Caremark for prescriptions. I chose CVS. After my doctor sent in prescriptions for 4 medicines to CVS, i was asked to logon to my account and OK the medicines.

One of the medicines had indications of a 90 day supply and quantity of 30. Instead of OK'ing the drugs online i called CVS to explain it should be a 90 day supply. I called that to the attention of the help desk agent and was told she saw 90 day supply and quantity of 90. She even stated if it was sent today i would get 90 quantity, so i OK'd it. A few days went by and now I start getting notes from CVS my medicare did not have that drug on their approved formulary so it was denied. Well a few days later I get a package with all my medicines including the one that had been denied which was a bottle of 30 pills for $73. I did not open the pills and called my doctor who found a formulary in town whom i could obtain a 100 day supply for $10.

Now the fun starts. I call CVS and tell them i'd like to return the 30 day bottle and get my $73 refunded. I was told that since i had ok'd the shipment they could not take the medicine back. I explained that I had not ok'd a 30 day supply but a 90 day supply and that in addition i was informed that this medication had been denied by my part D care. After at least hour on phone i asked for supervisor whom i had to re-explain the whole story to. He said he forward this to another department who would look in to it and they'd call me back in a few days.

After never getting a call back, i got my part D Community Care rep on the phone with CVS and went through the whole story again. After nearly an hour i was told they were going to have to listen to the call where the agent said it would be a 90 day supply, and they'd call me back in a few days. Well 2 weeks later I'm on hold again with CVS after talking to 2 agents asking for an update and they are trying to get a supervisor on the phone. The call is over an hour long of which the last 30 minutes has been music. This afforded me the opportunity to write this review of CVS customer service.

Help desk calls are usually not a positive experience but i can say all 4 or 5 of my calls to them have been the worse experience of customer service ever. If you're thinking of using this company and you have another choice, i would suggest to PASS ON THIS COMPANY'S PRESCRIPTION MAIL SERVICE - DON'T EVEN CONSIDER IT. I'm ready to hit the Continue Button on this review and i'm still on hold, 1 hour 19 minutes 23 seconds and still cant find a supervisor to help me.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Same story millionth verse, worst customer service ever! Husband's Company was bought out so we had to switch to CVS Caremark. Old pharmacy transferred prescriptions, Jan 1st, went to refill and it wouldn’t let me online, but gave me option to transfer to local pharmacy. Got confirmation email, saying it would be ready at 4:00 pm the next day. Went to pick up, they had no idea what I was talking about... The pharmacist called old pharmacy. They said they had transferred it. He couldn’t help. Called both OptimRX and CVS Caremark and got to runaround... On the phone 45 min. to 1 hr. , no resolution except they will try and figure it out “the prescriptions may be in fax stack somewhere”. Seriously, why are they still open?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

In 4 years I have never had an issue with my specialty drugs for my kidney transplant until my company switched to CVS. It has been a nightmare! I started the process over a month ago, was told my medication would arrive by when I needed it, decided I better check this past week and have been on the phone with them every day, for the last 5 days, for hours trying to get this figured out. I am so sick of their hold music!! Been told one thing and then another. Finally I thought I was done, as they guaranteed my meds to be here today, but guess what? They did not show up. Have been on the phone for another hour and was told they would ship them Tuesday, but I need them by tomorrow, Sunday.

Now they have to contact insurance and see I am able to get on the retail level. Once again they have told me I will hear back by 6pm tonight, not holding my breath. She asked me if she could help me with anything else and I told her she might as well add some high blood pressure meds to my order after today! Hum, wonder what will happen to my transplanted kidney if I go off the meds for 4 days and who will be liable when I need another transplant. CVS reps, and I have talked to a ton of them, don't seem to care at all!! Run from this company unless you have to use them!!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Same as everyone else. I've been trying for over a month to get signed up. Placed an order online, they canceled it but didn't tell me. My doctor has faxed in the prescription three times. I have ordered it on the phone four times. As of yesterday, they have no record of me having ordered it and no record of having talked to me. Three times I have received a machine phone call that puts me on hold for 20 minutes, saying that they need to verify my credit card information. The person I talked to said I could buy my drugs out of pocket if I run out. They tell me I cannot use Walgreens, even though the website says I can. I am rural, the closest CVS is 60 miles away. I do have a Walgreens nearby. The people I have talked with have been pretty professional, though some have thick Indian accents that are hard to understand. If I could give it negative stars I would.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

This is some of the poorest customer service that I have ever experienced! Let's start with the fact that every time I call, the call takes 45 minutes to an hour to complete (at least 80% of the call is spent on hold). I called on Feb. 1, 2019 to refill my medication and spoke with a rep that seemed to be rushing me off the phone and barely let me answer the questions that he was asking. I provided my updated insurance information and requested another supply of my meds after he placed me on hold for almost 35 minutes. I was told that my request would be confirmed the following Monday and the meds would be mailed out shortly after. It is now Feb. 14, 2019 (almost two weeks later) and I still have no medication.

I called today to find out why and guess what? The previous rep never processed my request, never even put notes of my call in the system and never updated my insurance! Apparently, I also needed a prior authorization that could take anywhere from 2-3 business days to complete. Mind you, I only have about 5 days of meds left and I'm traveling soon. This is prescribed medication that I'm requesting not gold! I am so upset that I am asking my insurance to refer me to other mail order pharmacies because this is just plain ridiculous and insulting!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Once again back to CVS Caremark game. They change their rules and requirements and provide no notifications. Once you meet the requirements they add another one or plead they lost the order. They will come up with any excuse/rule to not have to provide you with your medication. All about profitability monopoly. They even mandate back to Aetna as to why they won't fill the prescription. They control Aetna. If you have Aetna insurance you're screwed if you need any other drug then a cheap generic substitute forget it. The only way to get this company investigated is either register complaint with state commissioner of health or call TV news investigators. I've had enough. I'm going to my local Non CVS pharmacy. This monopoly should be broken up and the Aetna acquisition is a big mistake. ALL ABOUT GREED AND PROFITS CVS MISSION STATEMENT!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

My stepdad was supposed to receive his medication (shot) for his psoriatic arthritis 6 days ago. My mom called them. They delivered to the WRONG address to his Drs in another city. The said they would have UPS pick it up and bring it to him. Never happened. I called yesterday. Promised it would be picked up by courier. Never happened. Again today same BS. My stepdad is in his 80's and needs his medication. Don't know what else to do at this time. :(

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I use insulin pens rated as containing "300 units". I have to take 58 units daily. The Caremark pharmacist tells me a pen will last me a week. I try to tell them to try dividing 300 by 58 and it's easy to see that one pen will NOT last seven days! The pharmacist totally ignores the simple math and insists that I have enough medicine in each pen. I insist that is not possible. Also, they send me emails telling me that I either have received, or will receive "18 pens containing 300 units each". I try to tell them that they have only sent me 12 pens... and not 18. Again, they will NOT listen to that fact. I suggest that people deal with another company and definitely NOT Caremark.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have been dealing with this company for the last couple of years. They are the worst in the industry. CVS Caremark Specialty Pharmacy is EVERYTHING THAT IS WRONG WITH HEALTHCARE IN THIS COUNTRY. If there is any way you can avoid this incompetent, careless and impossible company, please do! Every time I have to deal with them, they are the worst part of my day. They delay, they lose prescriptions, they take forever, their prices are terrible, their process is ridiculous and unnecessarily complicated. You have to start over every single time with multi representatives 2-3 on average, on a bad day 4-5. I'm done. Average time in the phone 15-25 min. In a bad day 45-50 min. I hate this. This is a miserable, intolerable company.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I just received an automated call from CVS Caremark telling me to refill a prescription. They stated how important it was to continue the medication. Well the drug had been recalled 6 weeks or more ago. I had gotten a new prescription from my doctor and all is well. My concern is why CVS Caremark would not know this bit of information and tell me to get it refilled. I find this irresponsible and certainly does not give me confidence in the management of my medicine. CVS Caremark is receiving a ton of money to be the middleman for insurances and they give out this kind of information?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Consistent with other reviewers, prescription orders will mark as filled or shipped, and simply don't arrive, which can be quite dangerous if you depend on your medication to be taken regularly. Messages and voicemails submitted to customer support go unanswered, and I continue to wait for my medication lost in the ether. Definitely the worst specialty pharmacy experience I've ever had.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Save yourself the frustration. It is not worth even 1 star. It is dangerous. They sent my husband the wrong medication by accident. Luckily I caught it because he was about to take it. 9 out of 10 time my medication is not sent at all but website says it "in process" so I wait like an idiot. Then I have to call because it's overdue. I call and find out that nothing is happening. I was told "Sorry, there are problems with the online ordering site, it's broken", then I ask "why don't you notify people," and was told "our messaging system is not working either, it needs to be fixed".

This has been going on for months. I spent 40 minutes on phone only to be told to "call back on Monday and by the way we have long wait times". I was told the only way to know if your meds are sent out is if you call in. The practices of this company people in danger of stroke, heart attack or whatever else because they just can't get people's medications to them on time and people are missing doses of important life protecting medications. I am not sure who is responsible for the public safety but this is the most dangerous and critical I have seen in the medical field in my entire life. It's just unbelievable and I do not write reviews. Just listen to my phone call with CVS Specialty today and you will understand why I write this.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I used CVS Specialty for my IVF but will NEVER use them again. They never had my prescriptions entered and shipped on time. With fertility meds this is SUPER important. I had to be on the phone with them multiple times of day and they still messed everything up! WITH EVERY ROUND OF MEDS! The final straw for me was yesterday. I am almost 5 weeks pregnant (finally!) and after IVF you need to stay on progesterone in order to help your body to not miscarry. My doctor called in a new prescription 2 days prior to when I would need to start it. (They ship overnight so this shouldn't be an issue.)

I called them the day it was called in and was told they were rushing the order for me so I would have it the next day. Well it never came and when I called to see when I could expect it they told me it was NEVER EVEN ENTERED into their system!!! I was bawling my eyes out as I was scared I would lose my baby due to not having this medicine. Then when they told me they would absolutely get it out to me immediately they told me a RIDICULOUS co payment price! I ended up contacting my doctor who miraculously found another way for me to get it. (Picked up and for 3 times LESS than what they were trying to make me pay.)

After I pulled myself together I started researching all my previous copays at other pharmacies and found CVS Specialty had been OVER CHARGING me hundreds of dollars in copays!!! DO NOT EVER USE THIS PHARMACY. I wish I had more resources prior to my IVF treatment but you really don't expect to be taken advantage of like this especially when dealing with something as emotionally draining as IVF and everything that goes along with it. I hope this can help someone else from going through what I went through!!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I have wasted time online and on the phone with Caremark. I spoke with a representative and explained (again) I needed the generic form of **. This is **. I was told my doctor would have to submit a new prescription for the **. The doctor did this and then called Caremark to see what the problem was and was told Caremark has a note in their files that says I will only accept **??? I was never advised of this when I called and furthermore, I can’t use ** because the copay is $700!

Prior to this, I was told there would be no copay on another prescription. I didn’t believe it but the representative said, ”I wouldn’t give you bad information, I would get in trouble”. Sure enough, the copay was $73.00 and Caremark denied the conversation took place and would only credit my account. The staff is untrained, careless and their management needs to be held accountable.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

My company switched to Caremark this year, and I have been trying for a couple of weeks now to get one of my prescriptions filled. It is a medicine to control my blood sugar, so it's very important that I take it regularly. My doctor's office has sent the pre-approval letter, but for some reason Caremark says they don't have it. I have spent a lot of time talking to the insurance company, the Caremark, to my pharmacy, and to my doctor's office, and I am still without my medicine. I think they would prefer that I die rather than help me get my medicine. I am at a loss of what to do, but one thing I WILL do is move all of my family's prescriptions from CVS to another pharmacy. I am beyond upset.

CVS Caremark Company Information