Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.67/5
Based on 2,721 ratings submitted in the last year

CVS Caremark Reviews

Original review: March 27, 2020

The medication my husband has to have are anti rejection due to. The order many times isn’t shipped when I’m told it will be so I call and I’m told it’s waiting to be approved and should be in a few days or so. Then no meds. Same ordeal. Without these medications he will die. I shouldn’t have to make three requests for one refill. If they have a delay they should at least let me know. The one time I questioned a payment amount a lady raised her voice and very rudely told me her job was to get meds out to people not to see about insurance. I have a new pharmacy.

Original review: March 21, 2020

1st Experience... Placed order with "$0.00" cost. Less 24 hrs later I checked on the status of my order & cost is now "200.00+" and my credit card had already been billed. Immediately contacted Caremark. Instructed them to not ship and was told it was too late, my Rx order had already shipped. Tracking number showed they had only generated a shipping label and the Rx order never shipped until the following day.

2nd Experience... I have the same medical provider but now when I sign it to order again their site says my account is inactive. My health insurance provider is Paramount Heath (yes, stay away from these people as well) and Caremark is their preferred Rx provider. I have contacted and Paramount made zero effort to fix this issue. Caremark does not rate even single star rating and medical heath care providers [Paramount Health in this instance] who have them as their "preferred" need to realize what awful company Caremark is and let their customers buy their Rx's elsewhere.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 17, 2020

Processed Prescriptions and ran them on my credit card without my permission. Started receiving them in the mail without ordering them. Plus all the bottles of medicine came unsealed! Who doesn't seal their medicine nowadays? Called to complain and they stated that they did nothing wrong, that they transferred my medication over from a different company and it is their policy to automatically fill all 1st time Prescriptions that are transferred over from another company whether the customer needs them or not! Whaaat? Refused to take meds back or refund charges. Also said they don't seal medicine bottles as a company policy! Waaat? These people still live in the stone age! I refuse to do business with them any more and will just go to my local pharmacy! IDIOTS! (Notice all the reviews are negative and 1 star, lol?)

Original review: March 14, 2020

Suffice it to say that they lie about everything and are completely useless. I’m now four days beyond when I was supposed to take my medication and on the fifth day after the medicine was supposed to be at my house for the first time. I’ve spend hours on the phone with them over several calls. They literally have lied on every call. It’s a good thing my life doesn’t depend on the meds, as I’d be long gone before ever receiving it. Although that may be the case either way. If I never deal with this company again, it will be too soon.

Original review: March 13, 2020

I am having a procedure and it took me 7 days of calling and many many hours to get a release on the medication that I need. Every time I would call, I would get a different person. Each person had a different answer. Some said they could get a hold of a pharmacist and some said they they could and some said they can't. At one point I was put on hold and disconnected and when I called back they were closed. It's hard enough to go through the procedure little lone have to deal with the anxiety of having it pushed during this scary time. I would like to get it done and hide away for a month. Looks like Friday the 13th was my lucky day. It was finally approved and scheduled to be sent.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?

Original review: March 4, 2020

MD sent scripts by escript to CVS Caremark for mailing Rx. We agreed by tapping 1 when called by automated call. Within 3 mins we called back and cancelled order. This took 20 mins with CSR that didn't cancel it as we said on phone call. After speaking with 5 reps and 3 managers they said too bad because the call wasn't immediate! If the rep hadn't taken 20 mins then maybe, but Rx had already shipped and would make us pay the copay 145$. Good Rx gave us the Rx at $24.87. BUYER BEWARE!! Liars with Bad Customer service skills at lower levels. B rating. (And that is too high!!)

Original review: March 1, 2020

I am very disappointed with CVS Caremark. I have been on the phone several times in an attempt to get my refills on my prescriptions. As well as failing over the the phone, my use of the internet also proved a failure. I was told twice that my order would be shipped and that I would be able to send a check for the balance each time. However, in a few hours my account was put on hold. I have tried to get them the information they need but it is like a stonewall. They have my zip code wrong and I can't even get that changed despite I don't know how many phone calls. I have tried to get statements for my monthly premiums, so I can get reimbursed by my RMA. I have requested since January and I have not yet received my first one!! Nothing gets done. Among the medications I am about out of is my blood pressure pills. But Silverscript CVS/Caremark has only raised my blood pressure even more!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

This company is terrible. I manage my mom’s meds. They sharply increased one of her meds. I called to inquire, it was moved up in tier level. I filed a request to lower, it was denied without even speaking to her MD office to inquire on why she needed it. A PA was discussed one person said I needed it next day after denial that person said no... So there was $20 gone. Also, I was told they would speak to the MD office which was not true. This whole time I did not consent to ship via text, also verbally stated multiple times do not ship. They shipped anyway and charged her 537$. As soon As I got the med I returned it with the label they sent. They received it and it has now been 1 month and they will not refund the money. They say “checks in the mail”. This is absolutely ridiculous and their error which apparently they won’t or can’t fix! They should be accountable for stealing from anyone but especially from elderly on fixed income!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

I use 3 different Inhalers and can only use certain kinds because the rest give me severe Oral Thrush. Back in May I was rushed not once but 2 times into 2 different Hospitals and almost died, This Damn Company holds your life in its hands every time I need my script for ** filled. It's never in stock so I have to call 2 weeks in advance, It's not like I'm calling for opioids, I'm calling early for a damn inhaler so they get it in stock. Here's what happened because I had to keep doing this Caremark decided I can't have that script no more and take no responsibility for their own crap but here I will give you another. I am sitting here trying not to do much because I have no inhaler but the crappy one they say I can which doesnt work and can die but they have the nerve to send me a text message and it said my ** was ready. This damn company will fill the ** out of that like it's magic but screw 3 ways from Sunday.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

I have suffered from chronic migraine for about 20 years. Finally, I realized that ** was the answer to my prayers. It is extremely obvious when the medicine is wearing out and I need a new dose. However, CVS has not been able to fill my prescription for one reason or another for the past three weeks...which makes me almost a month late on my shots.

First, it was the fact that they transposed two numbers in my insurance card ID number. (Please note that it was the SAME number I had last year when my prescriptions never came into question!) Then, they said they fixed it but had not. Finally, today, I get a text from them that says they need an updated prescription. They have tried to blame everything on my doctor's office, but I am fully aware that is not the case. I have been with my doctor for over 10 years and with CVS specialty for two years. Last year, the prescription came through every 3 months without my having to make phone or internet contact. Since the new year started, something is terribly wrong. I have had to postpone my neurologist visit three times. I am about to lose a personal day at work if they do not get it straightened out this time. (The one star is for them being nice to me when I call.)

CVS Caremark Company Information