Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.71/5
Based on 2,642 ratings submitted in the last year

CVS Caremark Reviews

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Two times in the last 5 months CVS specialty pharmacy has not delivered my anti-rejection medication on time. In fact the shipment had not even gone out until I followed up with them. They give excuses, but the fact is that I have not changed medication, insurance, provider, or my address. They took my order, charged me a Co-pay and then did not deliver!!! The escalations department is another issue, it takes almost the entire day to decide how they are going to get you same day delivery, but then after taking almost the entire day, state it is not possible to do today. The hold times are also ridiculous.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

This was the worst experience I have had dealing with a pharmacy! They were laughing at me when I call complaining about it taking them 2 months and still nothing and that they failed to provide complete and accurate information.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

"Carla" decided to make the decision today to deny my claim after she quoted the rule on the back of my card which says whenever you "Take a vacation" (of which I did not because I delivered a yacht from Key West to Tortola, BVI - which was a working job that I was paid for), you have to ask "Permission" from CVS and ask if they will pay a claim early before the dictated day of refill. I hope someone enjoys the $75 that they charged me for out-of-pocket for my prescription. My law firm no longer uses CVS Caremark (thankfully!), but all should be aware of their horrible customer care and their attitude like all large companies, to only collect money from hard-working persons without any inch of understanding, professionalism or intelligence. Good riddance!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I received a letter and I quote “if you choose to fill at your current pharmacy OR in 30 day supplies the medication will not be covered and you’ll have to pay 100% of the cost”. What kind of ** administrator thought that was a good thing? Maybe I can’t hardly afford the 30 day supply and now I must use the most expensive pharmacy there is AND get a 90 day supply?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

Most of us learn that it is impolite to ignore a question when answering it. In my experience, CVS Caremark 100% of the time refuses to answer the questions that it receives about prior authorization. Instead, it sends platitudes back to the insured or, at best, vague allusions to the situations the insured has asked about.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Hadn't used Caremark before but my employer and Caremark kept promoting it as a way to save money. NOT! I submitted my RX and it was only a one month supply for $40. I can get from my local pharmacy for $20, so I called in to see why it was 2X the price. That's when the fun began. Got bad info from the CSR (George **). He suggested I submit a request for a refund of $20. I did and they refused. When I called in to find out why, I was passed around and kept getting different info. One CSR said George should have told me I could bulk it up and they would have sent me the other 2 months worth at no charge. Unfortunately, 45 days (apparently a magic number in RX-land) had passed and they no longer could do that.

In the end, I talked to 10 people (CSRs, Sr Resolution Team members, etc, etc) and all they are offering is my $20 back. Of course they are because my RX is $1,100/month and now that it's January, I will have to meet my $3000 deductible before they pay anything. I escalated it two levels and kept getting the same answer, so I'm writing this review as a warning to others so you don't get screwed like I have.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I have taken a brand name estrogen patch ** for the past several years for inherited ovarian insufficiency, and it has worked beautifully for me. It sticks to my skin, I feel great on it, and it takes away symptoms like hormonal headaches (and protects me from osteoporosis, which older female relatives have). My doctor has specifically told me I should not be taking the generic, and he writes "brand name only" on my prescriptions. I went to get a refill last week and the pharmacy informed me that my insurance (BCBS which apparently uses CVS Caremark for its prescription "benefits") is now trying to insert itself into my medical care and override my doctor and my past experience by insisting I use the generic patch or some spray or gel that I do not feel comfortable using and *is not the drug I USE and NEED* that my DOCTOR has prescribed.

CVS Caremark has been absolutely awful to deal with. My doctor's nurse put in a prior authorization request and told me she spent hours on the phone with my insurance company. I just found out CVS Caremark DENIED my doctor's request, which explained why I need the brand name drug. Some random guy from CVS Caremark was trying to tell me I should try the gel or the spray. Thanks for your opinion about my ovaries and my estrogen and my medical condition, random guy who works for CVS Caremark. Absolutely unbelievable. Our healthcare system is very, very broken when A Guy from CVS Caremark starts telling me what drug I should switch to when I worked with my DOCTOR for months to find the right drug in the right dose and the drug is working perfectly for me.

Now CVS Caremark is making me jump through an appeals process and I have to pay for my drug out of pocket, an exorbitant amount, because the United States it the only country in the world where drug companies and insurance companies are allowed to collude to gouge "consumers" to make enormous profits. Thanks CVS Caremark and BCBS!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

CVS Caremark discloses and uploads all personal prescription information that CVS has issued to prescribers (whether it's a controlled substance or not), via a database that any medical practitioner or office (and its staff members in any capacity and field of practice), can access and see and at any time whether medically necessary or not. For at least the fourth time since learning this, I have had all of my various prescriptions displayed for all to see (e.g., once, across an entire office of people who just walked past the big open screen while I was sitting there in the lobby waiting for a general consult about an unrelated, optional, medical procedures). THIS IS NOT PRIVATE. So, all I could do was duck my head in humiliation.

Whether actual or misperceived, I felt the atmosphere change toward me later, as if I was less than they were. When I called the Care Mark Privacy office to share my embarrassing experience, it was admitted by a kind staff member (initially), that they did need to get their own technology or database up-to-date so that certain information could be restricted or limited (as the HIPPA Act notes one can), but that they are not quite there yet. Consequently, the employee told me he was able to go through steps to have it removed until the next time items were filled, (requiring me to have to call back each subsequent time I had anything filled).

Who can remember this every time, so I was humiliated a few more times by different offices until I remembered this last time and tried to reach Care Mark to help me again. However, this time, no matter how many times I called and left detailed messages like the recording asks, the CVS Care Mark Privacy department will not return my calls.

A second time, after the initial time, the same individual did get back to me to protect my information, but when I asked why it took six messages and weeks before I heard a word, he merely stated that he had no idea (even though he seemed to be the only one currently working in the office but just not as concerned as before. So, he was courteous the first time--but reluctant the second time, before all of the last times where no one gets back to me). This is unprofessional and unacceptable. Even I know as a professional that that some things are just common sense like not listing the employees name here, but other people or businesses need more education, training, or a new line of work.

SOLUTION: Make it easier and more accessible for prescribers to opt out of having certain info disclosed unless being treated for something pertaining to the drug, or require offices to have patients pull up the info up for them themselves with a password when medically necessary, particularly, when there is no contraindications (and in my case there are none), or replace the unresponsive, unconcerned staff members with more responsive ones until a better solution is introduced. There are a lot of other people who need jobs who would love to help customers in such ways. Thank you for reading my review.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I wanted to give 1 star but I gave 2 because most of the people I have spoken to were polite and helpful with the exception of one. However, they are very slow moving and I was getting the run around for almost 2 weeks. When I finally was able to set up a delivery date, they assured me twice that my medication would arrive before 10 AM. So I made a Dr. appt for 11:30. 10 AM came with no delivery. I called CVS to track the package and they tell me it will be delivered by the end of the day...I'm in pain and frustrated, especially when the woman on the phone told me there was no notes saying it needed to be there before 10AM. Very unorganized and unprofessional.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

My doctor submitted a new prescription to CVS special care pharmacy on 12/31. The pharmacy acknowledged the receipt of the new prescription in their system on 01/3. I called on 01/6 to know the status of my prescription and the pharmacist told me that he won’t be able to let me know because they received in the system toward the end of the day of 1/3 and it takes 24 to 72h for them to process a prescription and the weekend does not count. I said I would call the next day to know the ETA and he told me that 12h is counted as business day since they operate 8 AM to 8PM. So to call toward the end of the week and if I have any questions to call my doctor. I asked why would I called my doctor for the ETA.

I asked to speak to supervisor who came to the phone without asking me what is going on and told that they saw that the doctor sent a new prescription but they have not received it yet. I asked what that supposed to mean. She said, to call back the next day for the status of my prescription. The funny part is that when I logged back into my account, the receipt date of my prescription changed from 1/3 to 1/6. I may have cancer but I am not stupid. If it takes 10 to 30 mins to regular pharmacies to process prescriptions why 7 days for special care pharmacy? I run out of my prescription on 1/5 and I am at the mercy of the so called pharmacists. I just get off from the phone with my doctor who is also confused about them not receiving the electronic prescription that they saw. You are not God but lives depend on you. Have someone who is willing to help not there for a paycheck.

CVS Caremark Company Information