4.0/5 (197 ratings)

About Kroger Pharmacy

Kroger Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kroger Pharmacy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kroger Pharmacy?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

Fast, friendly service. They always get the best price for me since I pay for my meds myself. I don't have to keep pulling up GoodRx for pricing. They answer all my questions.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

If I wait until they call me to say my RX is ready, it usually is, but if I go back when they VERBALLY tell me it will be ready, it’s often not ready!

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I live in a village about 20 minutes from my favorite Kroger. I always go to this store just because I always have a great experience with the pharmacy employees, always helpful and friendly.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

They have my prescriptions on auto refill and text me when they're ready. I use their drive thru to pick up. If I need an OTC item, I call before I come to pick up and they have it ready.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

The prices are great and the pharmacists and staff actually get to know you, but the hours are limited so that's not great. But I am much happier with Kroger than I was at Walgreens.

Original review: March 29, 2021

Decided to purchase a family level membership at the Kroger Savings Club as the published price on GoodRX with Kroger SC membership (needed a family membership so I could include my dog) for a drug my dog must take for the rest of his life appeared to be the lowest price I could get. When I was charged a different price (~ $6 higher than what I anticipated) the call center rep at the SC I spoke with pointed out 'the fine print' and explained its meaning more fully to me. The fine print reads that published prices are for specific dosages and days supplies. As the published price was for a different assumption as to days supply (my dog is on a particularly high daily dosage of a particular seizure med) I was charged a higher price.

The Kroger SC website does not provide a way to input anything other than dosage and quantity of pills to determine actual price -- there is no option to input days supply. Therefore, depending on days' supply, the price you will actually pay at the pharmacy may vary. In my case, it was an inconsequential amount... However it may not be to others. So my recommendation is -- check by calling the Kroger pharmacy if you are contemplating making a decision as to whether to purchase a Kroger SC membership (currently $72/annually for a family membership) in combination with the drug or drugs prices you see posted for Kroger SC and/or Kroger SC in combo with GoodRX before settling on the most cost-effective / convenient option for your personal situation.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

In November I joined because my insurance went up. After the 30 day window I found out my insurance still cost less than the plan. Fair. They state you get 30 days to cancel and I didn’t - I counted $35 lost. When I called to cancel they told me that your service stops the day of cancellation regardless of the fact that you paid $35 for a yearly subscription. There is no auto cancel. There is no refund even though you cancelled early and they terminated your service the day of cancellation. I don’t mind losing $35 because I missed the window but I’m livid that they did not fulfill their end of the contract for giving me a year of service. Do not recommend at all.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I was going to sign up. Couldn't even get them on the line. Was disconnected 2 times after 30 min wait x 2 then I find that they can't discount enough to make it affordable. It's over 300 a month for Breo inhaler.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

Every time I have had prescriptions done I have encountered issues at Kroger Pharmacy. Whether or not there are problems or they are back-ordered on a prescription fill they never take the time to notify the customer. I have 3 things listed on my account, standard insurance, KrogerRX, and GoodRx. KrogerRX is something you pay for at Kroger to get better prices on the prescription if your insurance gouges you. The problem is they look at your insurance and will adjust only as to what they say. I constantly have insurance only allow 30 days on 90-day prescription and that is all the pharmacy will fill even if the KrogerRX and GoodRx cover 90-day prescriptions for less than the insurance charges for 30 days. If they could only notify you of the problems, you could take a few minutes to find out how to correct it. In my opinion, the Pharmacist and pharmacy techs are nothing but pill counters, amazing they have degrees for doing poor service.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

The pharmacist is always available. The meds are ready when they say they will be there. I feel like I'm the only person that they will pay attention to.

Kroger Pharmacy Company Information