3.90/5

41 Kroger Pharmacy Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 2, 2019

The check out staff are always friendly, courteous & helpful. I am one of only a few people ordering a particular item & at first I had to wait several days before it would be available. I told them I was going to be ordering this item on a regular basis & asked if they could be sure it was in stock. I no longer have to wait. Prescription is ready next day. When I have problems with doctor's office they will also help me get what I need.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I have used Kroger pharmacy for over 18 years, received good info when needed on questions concerning medication, prices for 90 day medicine very fair and most of all they listen when you have concerns.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Kroger Snellville GA & Grayson GA - I’ve found a gold mine with these two stores. Those that have been there a while are fabulous. I’ve found to always call each time just to make sure your prescription is ready. And don’t call or drop off a prescription and let it sit for a week. There are other patients that could use those pills if you're not going to get them in an allotted time. Now the new people are not as friendly as Kate and the old crew. I can only hope that the old crew will wear off on these new ones.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I have a catastrophic illness that requires a lot of medication. Last year is was around 250,000 and you would think for that kind of money this pharmacy would want to fill these prescriptions for me. I have great difficulty in getting my medicine on time. This last month ** sent the refill to my old doctor even after I told her many times of the new doctor's information. My last order was missing a very important prescription and she lied about sending the script to my correct doctor and importantly she sent out my order without this prescription and never let me know and never said anything. I was left to research and find out what she did this time. It's now the middle of the month and I have not received my medication. I called this morning and the manager would not come to the phone. Her name is **. This pharmacy has been horrible. "Kroger" bought out the old pharmacy I used to go to and so I was atomically their customer.

I had amazing service from the old pharmacy and now it's Kroger and life is hell because of them. When I can't get my medicine and am forced to go through the process of finding a new pharmacy and get all new prescriptions from my doctor and then find a great pharmacy like the old one before this one. This pharmacy constantly will send out needles the wrong size that leave me bleeding and this is an assault on my health. The person who is on my account should be fired. I even lost it and yelled at her for her constantly lying. That ruined my day, who likes to fight for fairness and their medicine. I have decided I will keep filing documents and keep going up the chain of command here including sending my story to the NYT newspaper and any radio and editorial I can get to help me expose this incredible story.

The pharmacy could correct this by just having a stock of what we get every month. They believe they save money by not stocking medicine and so it makes the customer have to go to the pharmacy many times to get their monthly order or it traps a person in their home many days a month waiting for the delivery. If my hardship is not interesting to you, then educating the population on why they must go many times in a month to get their monthly order will bring some understanding and maybe congress or our state representatives can stop this putting the customer "last" to an end. This pharmacy location is at 6240 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles CA 90048 and the phone number is 800-806-0020.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

On several occasions the pharmacy has "shorted" our 90 day prescriptions by providing only a 60 day supply. Note that these are NOT prescriptions for controlled substances, just your basic heart and blood pressure meds. When questioned about the discrepancy they first claimed that our insurance wouldn't pay for 90 days. Wrong... The GoodRX insurance we use encourages getting 90 day supplies, as do all insurance companies. Then they tried to claim that's how the doctor wrote the prescription. Again, wrong. If that were the case, the prescription wouldn't have been labeled as being 2/3 filled. At that point they didn't try to make up any more excuses, and promised to put a note in my records that I will not accept any partially filled prescriptions.

Why do they do this? The more you come in for prescriptions, the more shopping you end up doing. Yesterday, for example, I ended up spending $140 on groceries. That's a typical prescription run for us. I hope they realize that I can quickly shift all that business over to one of their competitors, which I will do if they short me again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kroger Pharmacy?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I have a severe case of Crohn’s Disease, and I have an upcoming surgery. I was recently discharged from the ED, and I received a prescription for pain medication.. I should’ve known that they’d be “out”. This isn’t the first time this has happened. They’ve done this to me several times, and with my daughters ADHD medication. I understand that some people have abused drugs. However, I’m not one of them. Additionally, when did pharmacists start dictating?! This is ridiculous. The girl at the window, began to give her rehearsed speech “We’re out until next week, and we can’t hold your prescription until then.” You don’t say?! In other words, we’re not going to fill it.. That’s just wrong!!

Original review: June 27, 2019

I had discontinued my use of Kroger Pharmacy in Decherd, TN as the staff was a chore and belligerent to seniors. 2nd chance when I signed up for Rx Savings, different staff. Same poor service. They also make up their own policies regarding any controlled substance without informing the customers. Laws don't matter, only store policy. Dropped off a prescription that I was told would be ready a certain day. Was then told that they don't refill until you call and request it. Was a brand NEW prescription yet they still said I was supposed to call to request it be filled?? Rx Savings not worth the uneducated, poor attitude employees this Pharmacy hires. Whole store is in decline as products unavailable even when digital coupon items. Few lanes open as seems want you to use automated check out to save paying an employee. Just a steady decline towards poor shopping with little savings now.

Original review: May 28, 2019

The lady blond pharmacist at the Harrison Kroger was beyond rude to me. I know there are problems with opioid medicines. She was rude from the start of our talk. It turned out there was a mistake in my instructions for my medicine and had she not been so rude to me and told me I was a drug abuser we may have been able to figure that out. I just didn’t understand what could have happened. I told her I didn’t abuse any medication and she said she was documenting my call as argumentative. The only person who was argumentative was her.

I told her she was not being professional. She repeated that I was the definition of a drug abuser and hung up on me. I’m 59 and disabled and that I have to explain to my doctor she acted crazy. When will it get better for people who legitimately need something that a bunch of people have abused? Why do you have to basically apologize for needing your medicine? Again this whole thing is due to a mistake written in the instructions that will be easily fixed by my doctor. I hope if this pharmacist is ever on the patient side she gets a pharmacist that is nothing like her. I have never had a problem with anyone but her. Everyone else there is very nice and helpful.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I paid the plan $36. I got one Rx filled. Not much of a savings. But now, I am getting emails that "the prescription you filled yesterday" was... I never filled an Rx yesterday. Nor any other time since the first time. Are they billing my insurance or what? I think this is a HIPPA violation. There isn't any customer service person online to answer this or look it up. I think this is fraud.

Original review: March 12, 2019

After having used a Kroger Pharmacy in Colorado over 30 years without issue, we moved to Phoenix AZ to retire. Wanting stay with Kroger grocery shopping and pharmacy, we chose the Frye’s food store on 15502 W Bell Rd. Although the grocery store is fine, this has got to be the very worst pharmacy I’ve ever seen, bar none! People there answer phones with an immediate attitude, I had a doctor call in my prescription on a Wed afternoon once, waited a couple of hours, went to pick it up and they said it was nearly done. Returned in like 45 minutes, it will be another 10-15 minutes and asked by the pharmacist “Don’t you have any more shopping to do”? I said no and I’d just wait. Long story but I walked out after nearly 2 hours in the store without my prescription.

We went back in a couple of days to pick it up and guess what? It’s almost done, it’ll be a few minutes. They promised my wife they would transfer all prescriptions from Colorado for us, no they did not. Lastly a few minutes ago, I called to refill a cholesterol med that was supposedly transferred and it failed. I held to speak to someone, young lady asked what I needed and immediately gave me the heavy sighs indicating she likely just didn’t want to deal with it. Naturally she didn’t give her name, placed me on hold as the elevator music exhausted the phone call timing 6 times as it hung up, redialed and I was placed on hold again and again. Wow! Apparently there are folks there who REALLY don’t care about their customers or their health. I went without my medication because I’m taking it to Walgreens tomorrow!

Kroger Pharmacy Company Information