2.69/5
Based on 29 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

29 Kroger Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

These people have done me so wrong and I don't understand why they keep doing it again and again for well over a year. I've tried to explain to these morons that I have agoraphobia and I call to have meds ready so I don't have to sit in the store because it makes me a nervous wreck. They text me that all five are ready on Oct 23 2018 and price for them. They put them back after 14 days. Well today is Oct 30 2018 and had to wait in store again to get them ready and now I'm shaking all over. The Debbie or Debra who helped me laughed at me at the register. Now my fear of going out is even worse because she LAUGHED at me!!! Today was most horrible day ever for years on my mental health. I hope they are happy now that they've made me a terrible nervous wreck.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I have had two bad experiences with my local Kroger Pharmacy but this one today has convinced me it is time to take my business elsewhere, not only for prescriptions but for groceries as well. I have two rare medical disorders which make my blood pressure medicine the literal difference between life and death. My conditions are so rare it took multiple hospital stays of over a combined 30 days over the span of two years to finally diagnose it. This was at one of the most respected medical centers in the world, not some local hospital with limited capabilities.

The last hospital stay which was 10 days I was finally diagnosed and the proper medication found to keep my blood pressure from climbing out of control. For example when I checked in for that stay through the ED my BP was 276/169 and climbing. I spent 5 days in the CVICU while they tried to figure out how to keep my BP under control. Another 5 days in a stepdown ward to tweak the medications and finally released to come home.

Two days ago my BP medication was running low and since the hospital pharmacy where my medication was originally filled is almost an hour away I did an online transfer to my local Kroger Pharmacy. According to the transfer messages it went through without a hitch and I was told via message that my prescription would be ready by 3 PM on October 3rd. I didn't have a problem with that since I had enough to make it through the next two days. This afternoon around 3 PM I began getting nervous because I still had not gotten any notification that my prescription was ready so I called the pharmacy and the pharmacist told me that according to the records the transfer was successful but that it wasn't due to be filled until tomorrow.

I explained to him that unlike the average high blood pressure patient if I miss a dosage it can literally mean death and he assured me that there wouldn't be a problem and in his words "Give me a couple of hours and it will be ready" so I thanked him and hung up. At 7 PM my wife went to pick up the prescription and called me to say that it wasn't ready and that it couldn't be filled because there were zero refills available which I knew was wrong because I still had the discharge papers from just a few weeks ago that showed my medications and the refills available. My wife must have had her phone on speakerphone and I heard the woman say that the pharmacy had called and told her there were no refills. I said that was bullcrap and asked what the hell was I supposed to do as nobody said a word about there being no refills until it was too late to do anything about it and missing it could literally kill me.

What was her response? Was it "I'm so sorry... I will try to call the pharmacy and see if they can reach your doctor and get something done"? No... her reaction was to snidely say "I don't have to listen to that". Really lady? Your company's incompetence as well as yours could literally kill me but 'hell' is just too strong for you? If you think I'm being melodramatic look up autonomic dysfunction and Baroreflex failure topped with PTSD and you will get a small idea of what I deal with on a daily basis. The last thing I need is some lady who seems as if she couldn't care less if I live or die. Thanks for nothing.

Fortunately for me I have the best PCP on the planet and was able to call him at home at get him to call in an emergency prescription for me and I was able to take it just a few minutes late. What it did do was convince me it's time to take my prescription and grocery business elsewhere. Our family has literally spent tens of thousands of dollars over the years at Kroger but that is coming to an end. Enough is enough, and I may only have a short time left on this earth. I don't need to spend it giving money to a company who couldn't seem to care less about me.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Me and my boyfriend went into Kroger pharmacy in Ann Arbor on S. Maple Rd. and he had a prescription. He just got out of the burn unit. He had burns all over his face neck and arms and it still warm out so you could see everything and so they did Nied filling his prescription right away without calling anybody without checking on anything. It was about noon on a weekday so they could call the doctor and checked on it. By the way he is Mexican so they turn them away and I filed a complaint with everybody I can think of. The little pharmacist was named Megan. She just said she didn’t feel comfortable. I didn’t think pharmacist were in the business of feeling comfortable. They're in the business of helping people so how much is this helping anyone turning people away.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I went to get my narcolepsy medicine filled. They did not like how the doctor wrote it. But only after an hour waiting. Went back had doctor rewrite script. Had Dr call to be check on stock. Pharmacist said in stock. He was on speaker phone. Went back right away. Waited again only to have them tell me they did not have enough to fill it. Lazy or dishonest, maybe both. Will not darken their doorstep as long as I draw breath on this earth.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I dropped off a prescription to be filled. Never got a call that it was back ordered. It's for my elderly mom and then they said they couldn't give me a date on when they could get it in and didn't help me to assist with getting the truck prescription transferred to a different pharmacy. Second experience second time I've used them. Both experiences poor.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kroger Pharmacy?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Kroger had script for my son’s ADHD medication, for 5 days. 08262018, did not have enough to fill my son’s 30 day med... after 5 days In their possession. Refused any partial fill, offered no help. Gross neglect and abuse of license.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Although I was pleasantly surprised to see that my medication cost less than Wal-Mart, the customer service is extremely slow. They are so understaffed. You cannot get anyone on the phone, forget that. Their phone system keeps you on the phone for about 10 minutes and then just disconnects. So if you need to know how much your new medication is, you have to go and stand in line forever more to find out. The Staff is friendly and do their best but clearly there is not enough employees working.

Since Wal-Mart is closing, I'm worried about getting my medications in a timely fashion. I do like their prices but hate the long lines and it's unbelievable that I can't get anyone on the phone. I've never encountered that before and I've been to Walgreens, CVS, and Wal-Mart. I'm also ill and have trouble standing in line for 30 or 40 minutes. It's frustrating when they tell you that you have to come back and stand in line again. I remember going through this with my Father when I was picking his scripts up at the Kroger store near Hikes Lane and Bardstown Rd and it was like a madhouse, so many customers, long line. I would give them a better rating if it weren't for that.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I have always been a Kroger shopper. While I am a loyal customer to the store, the pharmacy in the Willis, TX store does not deserve the same nor does it deserve my business. I started using that pharmacy when I moved to the area. Each time I attempt to pick up my medicines, I am told first thing that they do not have any prescription under my name. Once that gets straightened out, then of course I am told my prescriptions are not ready. Now, I am a person that drops off prescriptions, and will request it to be ready usually the following day or even a couple of days later. But sadly it never fails, when I return - always after the requested time for pickup - the prescriptions are not ready.

The last time I attempted to pick up a new prescription that I had dropped off to be filled, they said they didn't have it, they had to search around the store till they found it, and I was told it was never scanned nor put into their system. (I have even been told they didn't have it when I attempted to pick up a refill on a prescription.) Anyway, after being told that this last time, when I arrived later to pick up the prescription, I was told again they had no prescription. A voice from the back of the pharmacy shouted, "Don't tell her that, I just filled it."

The pharmacy sunk to a new low however when the medicine was handed to me and I was told by a pharmacist that she wasn't sure if it was the correct medication or strength so I needed to check with the doctor first to make sure that is what was prescribed. While I appreciate the warning, that does not seem to be the proper way of dispensing medications and I had assumed a pharmacist makes every effort to not dispense the wrong medications, but apparently that is not the case at this pharmacy.

Just a note - when I dropped off the handwritten prescription, it was a hassle trying to get a straight answer on when I could expect the prescription to be ready - and I was willing to come back the following day for it. The person working the counter finally said that she had put it into the system requesting it be ready before the end of the current day, which she said meant they probably would not get around to working on it until the following day. I was stunned as I could not believe she had just said that. But of course, either she or the persons I spoke with later were not telling the truth since this is the prescription that I was told had never been put into the system or scanned. I wonder how many serious complications have arisen with their customers' health due to this pharmacy's staff's inability to perform its primary function in a professional manner?

Original review: June 12, 2018

I came into the store pharmacy (Kroger Marketplace on 24401 Brazos Town in Rosenberg TX) to get asthma medication for my sick child. Was told I needed one hour to wait before my medication would be ready. Within that hour I asked about three times if my medicine was ready and was told each time: “I told you it was going to be one hour. It’s not one hour yet”. After waiting more than an hour I was finally told that they don’t have the medication for my child. Would not recommend this pharmacy to anyone. Especially with medication for asthma you want to give them to the child as soon as possible.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Recently my fiance has been experiencing joint and muscle pain so on a recommendation from family, friends and my physician they suggested he try **. On 2 separate occasions, I purchased 2 boxes of the Kroger Brand. One with vitamin D and one without. My fiance went to open the package of one of the bottles and was reading the ingredients and informed me he was severely allergic to one of the ingredients used to make the product. Since neither package was opened, I told him I would return to the store for a refund.

I went into Kroger tonight and tried to return both bottles but was told I would have to wait for manager who just happened to go to break before I arrived. So the only customer service clerk said to wait, which I did, 20 minutes. Upon return of the manager she proceeded to look something up in the computer and then told me no record of what I purchased was on my card. I said that shouldn't matter and simply asked for my money back. She said there was no way to refund me the money and that it was company policy.

They said since I didn't have a receipt and couldn't find the purchase on Kroger card receipt log that I was stuck with the 2 bottles of **. I said, "That is stupid. You refuse to refund my money." I wasted over 30 minutes of my time and now I am stuck with 2 bottles of pills my fiance can't take and I am out the money. This is wrong on all levels. Secondly, there needs to be more than one manager capable of assisting with these type of issues. If one is on break, someone needs to be there to cover and be able to perform all tasks. Horrible business policies. Horrible customer service. You just lost my business and I will be letting friends and family know as well. Would give zero stars if I could.

Original review: April 20, 2018

The pharmacy dept is horrible. Always out of medication and then you arrive to get it and find out they don't have it. They could have called you or got from another Kroger pharmacy. This has happened several times.

Original review: March 17, 2018

This is regarding Rushville Indiana Kroger pharmacy. Our Walmart closed and we were forced to change pharmacies. Had my scripts sent over. I called on Monday and made sure they had them. They said yes, most were due the 15th but one the 16th. She asked if I'd just like to pick them all up on the 16th. So I'm the afternoon of the 15th I called and asked that they be ready in the morning, no problems she said. I don't live in town. So I try to get everything in one trip. So I go in on the 16th. Asked for my medications. They only had 3 ready and were holding on to my ** in till tomorrow. There was no reason for this. The Dr even told them to fill it on the 16th. But they refused.

They made me make another trip to town out of spite because I had called and tried to get them to do their jobs. There is no other reason... She gave me a nasty look at the counter and said, "Well it's gonna be another 25 minutes." I said, "Ok I'll be in the store." It wasn't 2 minutes later I got a text saying they were ready. So that proves they had them ready but made me wait an extra day just to be jerks about it. Definitely switching pharmacy. Kroger in Rushville Indiana is a joke. Very rude and extremely unprofessional. She was even rude when she rang me up. Three the pills in the bag and basically threw it at me and walked away. Wow. I've never been treated like a criminal that way in a store that is supposed to be very good at customer satisfaction and service. Stay away from them if you get anything that is a schedule drug. They will probably call your Dr or the police by the way they treated me.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Over the last 6 months I've had nothing but headaches with this pharmacy. On occasion I will have my meds delivered (I have 7 total filled each month). There has been twice I've waited all day for the delivery and they never showed. Not even a phone call. I had to call them when it got to be 6-7pm. I've requested on at least 3 different occasions to stop sending notifications to my cell, as I don't check it, and send only to my email. Each time they've told me my cell was taken out of the system. They're still sending notifications to my cell. My meds are on automatic refill. On 2 occasions I've had to call about a med (the same one both times) that didn't get filled. They told me they thought I stopped taking it because they haven't filled it. I take this medication every day and they fill it EVERY month.

The last straw was today. My meds (about 5 of them) were due to be filled. I had one more day left on at least one of them but received no email notification that they were filled. I was told more than a week ago that they were due in about 5 days. When I called today they told me they were due in 2 days. I guess I was suppose to not take my meds for 2-3 days. I will pick these meds up tomorrow and then will have all my medications switched to another pharmacy before they are due to be filled again.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I had a workman's comp claim with the paperwork on who to bill. The pharmacy Tech copied the workman comp paperwork to keep with my prescription at the drop off time Wednesday about 4 pm. I went back around 815 pm to pick up my prescription assuming that everything was ready and with it being workman comp that I wouldn't have to pay anything. The pharmacy Tech who was checking me out said that I owed $11 and change. I told him it was a workman comp claim and that the lady who took my script made a copy of the workman comp information for billing. He left the counter for 1 minute. Upon returning he asked me if I had the original paper. Unfortunately for me, I did not. I had left it at home, again assuming that everything was good. I was not able to get my script that night. I wasn't able to make it back in to get my script til Friday morning.

At that time the Tech had my script and removed it from the plastic bag along with the copy of the workman comp paper that was originally copied. She entered the information from the workman comp paper and asked me where my place of employment was and they needed my ss#. She looked a little confused after entering my info. She then left the counter and upon returning she told me that my script was cancelled. I turned and walked out. She did apologize, but I didn't have the patience to listen to anything at that time. At 1 pm I called Kroger Pharmacy and asked to speak with the manager. He was able to figure out the problem over the phone and had my script ready in 15 minutes. My suggestion to pharmacy Techs that work the counter. If you can't take care of a customer that needs their medication. Get a manager. I had to go two days in pain because of the incompetence or lack of knowing what to do in my case.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Multiple occasions where I've had trouble with the online portal where I order refills for my meds. Most recently, I ordered 5 different refills, and the order was confirmed. I got both a phone call and an email telling me the order was ready. When I got to the pharmacy, they only had ONE script filled and they showed NO other orders submitted. While the locals were happy to work with me, this tells me that there's a big problem with the online feature, probably hacking! I'll never use their web portal again, and I'll probably find some other provider that I can trust. This is outrageous.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

This is pertaining to the Kroger Pharmacy located in Port Clinton, OH. The staff is inept at their positions. Poor customer service and the majority could care less with the patients they are providing pharmaceutical needs for. This is very disappointing since this started after their Pharmacy Manager transferred. On numerous visits they have screwed up prescriptions or says they can't fill when two days earlier could have. They are lazy and slow.

Original review: May 10, 2017

Have had several instances where the pharmacist could have assisted my issue by calling dr of insurance company... They have lost my business... Never again.

Original review: May 9, 2017

Always friendly and will always accommodate my needs... Fantastic, friendly, knowledgeable service with a smile, going out of their way to help... Pharmacist is always available...

Original review: May 8, 2017

They were the best but in last 4 months, I've had ongoing numerous issues. They've filled wrong meds, not filled my meds when I came to pick them up and ran out of required pain meds that are b/o for weeks. They also hired new people that aren't giving good service and act like they don't care. Very frustrating!!!

Original review: May 7, 2017

Have used this pharmacy for over 40 years for myself and family. Always professional and helpful no matter what the situation. Consistent in staff and service.

Original review: May 6, 2017

Their professionalism, compassion, kindness, customer service & timeliness of service is an every time occurrence. I have never been to the pharmacy that I wasn't treated like I was the only customer there! Their customer service skills are not only phenomenal, but they are REAL! I love Kroger Pharmacy!

Original review: May 5, 2017

All employees are wonderful. Very knowledgeable and treats you like family, even impatient customers. Kudos to all. Very professional and actually enjoy shopping there.

Original review: May 4, 2017

Kroger Pharmacy is always on time. They serve quick, accurately and very professional. The attendants are nice and attentive. They have a calling system where if the prescription is ready, they call you to pick up.

Original review: May 3, 2017

My pharmacy is the best. I've never had a problem with them, the wait time is usually no longer than 5 minutes (Unless you're in the drive-thru), they have all kinds of different ways to order your prescriptions, and their customer service is great!

Original review: April 30, 2017

I have no complaints about my Kroger Pharmacy. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to get your medication. They also fill your prescription automatic every month and call you when it is ready.

Original review: April 29, 2017

We switched from Walmart Pharmacy to Kroger a little less than a year ago. Haven't looked back. Partial refills filled right at Kroger. We use weekly pill cases for our medications. Walmart had trouble keeping track of partial refills, they would say that we made a mistake on counting, not them. Shorted a few times. Never took responsibility for this. Always blamed us.

Original review: April 28, 2017

For way too many years, I have taken lots of medication. The Kroger Pharmacy has been very helpful in keeping my meds on target along with my vaccines, too!!

Original review: April 27, 2017

I've used Kroger grocery store's pharmacy for a number of years and have always had prompt, courteous and efficient service. The pharmacy also offers flu shots and a few other immunizations. The prices and my relationship with the pharmacy has always been great. I'll be using a new pharmacy soon because of a new health care provider but Kroger was always there for me in the past.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I love my local Kroger Pharmacy and the people who work there are always helpful and knowledgeable. The hours have been expanded. Which helps the working people.

Kroger Pharmacy Company Information