Formerly named MailMyPrescriptions.com

2.7/5 (50 ratings)

About GeniusRx

GeniusRx is a full-service pharmacy located in Boca Raton, Florida. The mission is to reduce the cost of prescription drugs for the uninsured and under-insured. This is done by offering prescription drugs at acquisition cost, instead of using list price derived discount pricing.

GeniusRx Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GeniusRx?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GeniusRx?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Today I fired this company. I’ve been ordering 90 day supplies of multiple meds from them for many years. Long before they changed their name, back when they gave outstanding friendly customer service, back when the meds were delivered nicely packaged. Fast forward to now, multiple times on hold for 15-30minutes, multiple requests for call backs yet they never do, and now no auto refills?!?! If they have even chance of surviving, they need to massively reengineer their company immediately. By the way, prices at a major competitor are now significantly lower than theirs.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Like many, I cost-shopped for lowest prescription price and tried GeniusRX. Their initial price was better than others. But it took a month of back and forth before they said they received the RX copy from my MD's office. And surprise, by that time, the price had nearly doubled. I spent a lot of time checking on the hold-up and at the 2-week mark confirmed with a GeniusRX rep that the original price would be good for all refills. When the RX had been received GeniusRX changed their story to 1 refill at the initial price and that future price would depend on market conditions. Once people invest the time in getting GeniusRX to admit to getting their RX copy, it is likely they will not change to another pharmacy even if the price increases. It is likely that fact is part of GeniusRX business plan. My MD office stated they sent the RX numerous times and I have no reason to doubt them, MD office has no incentive not to send it. Disappointed, but lesson learned.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

I have been using GeniusRX from over a year now. I put my latest order in over 2 weeks ago and it's still not here. It was 3 different refills that they have on file and were filled by them! No emails, no follow up, no customer service! Great prices but if you don't get your meds what good is it?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

This company is the worst, my doctor sent a refill, I called, they don't know where it is, there is no tracking number, the customer service doesn't work, the chat doesn't work either, terrible experience.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I have used GeniusRx for several years, but they have really gone downhill; perhaps they have expanded too fast for their capability. A month ago, they cancelled a refill but didn't inform me about the cancellation or that I needed a new script. Now the price has increased 67%! Their customer service is now almost nonexistent: no one joins the live chat, wait time to talk to someone on the 800 number was 2 hrs last time I tried to call because I was the 53rd caller in line, and the promised callback service doesn't happen. They do reply to emails, but usually with a canned response that doesn't provide a full answer. I will be surprised if they are still in business next year.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

Do NOT use GeniusRx for your pharmacy needs. I have done everything but beg them to fill a simple prescription and apparently they are incapable. There are many pharmacy choices, including online, that offer similar low prices. DON'T USE THIS ONE!

Original review: July 23, 2022

I have selectively used GeniusRx for years, back to when they were mailmyprescriptions.com. I take a number of medications and at this time I’m able to find all of them in generic form which helps to control costs. Sometimes my insurance has better pricing and sometimes Walmart has better pricing, but I’ve used GeniusRx on occasion when there is a significant difference in their pricing.

I’ve never had a problem receiving a medication that I ordered. My most recent order I placed three days ago and it is out for delivery today. Since I chose the free delivery option that is very reasonable. They are trying to give you the very best price they can to help people that do not have better alternatives. I find it unreasonable to think that they can provide superior service when their goal is to control costs to provide the lowest pricing for those in need of price breaks.

I find that their biggest problem is they’re hard to reach and wait time on the phone can be significant. They disconnected their 800 number for auto refills so now you have to place every order including refills through a live agent. This would work so much better if you could refill previously placed prescriptions that still have remaining refills automatically rather than through a live agent. I recommend GeniusRx if they can save you what you consider is significant money. If the savings are small, it’s likely better to go through your other sources.

Original review: July 11, 2022

So sorry that I tried to refill two prescriptions via GeniusRx... I'm going on an extended trip abroad and of course need refills to take with me. First, they sent an email saying they were unable to "source" one of two refills and advised me to look elsewhere. I did, and the process at another online prescription company was great, no problems. Unfortunately, GeniusRx proceeded with the second prescription refill but after days - still no notification of shipping! I inquired, and they blamed the USPS for not processing the mail or providing a shipping confirmation number. I have no idea where I stand with the refill and wish I could cancel and start all over with a different company. I will NOT being using GeniusRx again... :o(

Original review: May 10, 2022

Since April 26th I tried two times to get my medicine from this online "pharmacy", and only received excuses. Today is May 10th. For example, after my doctor sent the Rx directly to them following their instruction, they say that your doctor does not answer their call (?) to confirm that it is a doctor's office... even when the RX was sent directly from the doctor's office at a major hospital! They use all sorts of tactics to postpone any medicine delivery. Do not waste your time, patience, and mental health with them.

Original review: May 2, 2022

They lie, they never send, they don't follow up. Every time you call is 15 minutes to answer you then put on hold another 10 15minutes, they come back with "I don't know what happen but I will take care of it," and again after a week call to find out can't find the order, from April 8 2022 to May 2 still waiting. This morning I received an email saying my account was locked and I had to call, after calling I was told it will be shipped soon just like I was told before, so please if you don't want to get one more thing to contend with stay away from GeniusRX. They are not the only one on earth you can buy at good prices. S. ** N.Y.

GeniusRx Company Information