Wal-Mart Pharmacy
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Wal-Mart Pharmacy

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

1044 Wal-Mart Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

For the last two months my Dr has got me in a few days early so when I left they put my medicine on file. I was told that they would be filled on a certain day so I go expecting to pick up when I get there. They then tell me they're out of stock!!! Now by this time I'm completely out of my meds and now they're saying they have to order... This doesn't make sense to me. Hey Wal-Mart wake up, get off your butts and do your jobs!!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Beware. You get what you pay for. Went there to save money on my prescriptions. I don't understand how can they not have your order ready after you get a email. Then they have no record of me placing my order online. Had to go back to the window to re-order them again and after waiting for a very long time I go up to see if they are ready and no one was even working on them or received my order yet again they asked me DID you order them. I just told them forget it I will go somewhere else. They really need to get their crap together. And we trust these people with our lives. Let's hope that they never have a huge mistake that will cost someone their life!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I have always dreaded filling my prescription at Walmart because every tech behind the counter thinks that they are better than you, especially if you're filling something like **. I am so sick and tired of being judged for having this vice. They lied to me on this occasion saying they sent my prior authorization to my doctor. This was Thursday... So Friday it's obvious nothings gonna get done and I fill a 3 day script for 60 dollars. Monday comes along and I call my doctor around noon and they say they still haven't received the authorization. I call the pharmacy and they say it usually takes a week. They ask where the doctor is out of again and the fax so clearly they never sent it. Once again your neighborhood Walmart discriminating its paying customers. Now I'm sick from withdrawals and it's on you Walmart so ** you.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Shorted my prescription 11 pills and my prescription wasn't to be ready till 4 days later. They made me come back with what pills I had left to only give me 3 pills of the 11 shorted. Then when I went back to get the refill and only got 4 pills because they didn't have any in stock!! This pharmacy is a joke, my prescription is life or death and they want to play around. This isn't a controlled medication. They have repeatedly shorted medication.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I filled my pain prescriptions here occasionally because I picked up groceries. But the service and communication was very poor. The pharmacy website is horrible. My Rx I dropped off yesterday was delayed and I was told to called them next day after waiting for 30 mins. They don't even offer to contact me at all. After more than 14 hours, I hear nothing from them! Lazy employees and careless system. They don't seems to be happy with their jobs like most of them working here. One more thing, I have just found out the cost for my pain pills was 60% more than at W. I am going back to the real pharmacy with professional system and attitude.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I went to Wal-Mart for my shingle shot and sat there for 1.5 hrs. When they pulled the gate for lunch. One of the assistants came out and said, “Oh you with the shot it’s not authorized” and walked away. I'M on SS disability and have Humana insurance so when I called them I was told by Humana it had been authorized 1.5 hrs ago. I called the store manager and he was told the assistant though I couldn't afford it. The manager then gave me a $20 dollar gift card and apologized. My spine is so bad it takes me15 minutes once I'm in the store to get to the pharmacy. Shame on Wal-Mart.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I have been going to the Walmart Pharmacy for five years now. This last year has been horrible. I am using a new drug and they never had it stocked. I would order it with other prescriptions go pick them up, come home minus that new drug and no one told me. Very inconvenient. I live out of town and not close to the Walmart. Another thing happened that we are just now figuring out. I thought this was my fault for the last few weeks. It is not, at all. About a month ago my doctor called and added to a prescription. Well Walmart dropped what I needed and used the new one the doc called in. No one let me know. I kept using the old prescription use of 2 tablets and ran out a few weeks early. This affected my sleep. For 2 weeks there it was messed up without the drug. Weeks later it is now getting straightened out. I switched to another pharmacy. Enough is enough.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I tried using the Walmart app to refill my prescriptions but it does not work. When placing my order it sends a text telling me the order will not be ready for another two weeks. When I contact the pharmacy to ask why it takes so long to process my order. They say it will be ready the next day. Sometimes when I place my order through the app the pharmacy does not receive it at all. Needless to say I will not be using the app at all to refill prescriptions. It does give a list of all my prescriptions in case I need to refer back to them though.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

My doctor called in my pain medication last week Tuesday for my acute chronic pancreatitis to the boiling springs SC Walmart. They didn't want to fill the script last Tuesday because they were either prejudice or ridiculous because the pharmacist said the medication was too expensive to process the script. If you thought the medicine was too expensive, can't your brain process the thought of following up with the doctor that wrote the script. That's the excuse I got when I called Thursday morning to find out where my medicine was. Then when I complained Thursday, they claimed they ordered it Thursday and it would arrive Tuesday. Then when I called this morning Tuesday and demanded to speak with the store manager because pharmacy kept hanging up, or letting the phone just ring, he went over to talk to them.

I waited 10 min and he came back on and said it was on the truck and to come get it but tonight, cause they needed time to process it from the truck. Then when I went there at night, they didn't even have it yet. It wasn't even on the truck. That now I have to wait till the Thursday, so I have been without pain medications for over a week plus. What is wrong with these sick people that would cause a person to not care that another is in so much pain. Shame on you. I hope one day you know the pain that I am in. I will never shop at Walmart again. This was 100% prejudice or 100% incompetence.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I've been getting my ** and ** for years here. Here's my problem, I've had refills on my ** that they said were too early, and then they don't have them, and then I'll be a refill Short. I honestly believe that they've screwed up more times than I can count! Also, now, they tell me I cannot fill my ** during the same amount as the **, even though, I only use the ** for extreme pain during menstruation and I have Crohn's disease and it helps me, but they're saying they can't do it. I've had it with them! I've never had such poor service and made to feel like a Junkie, even though I've NEVER filled it early ever! I'm sick of them. It was embarrassing and disgusting. I don't understand why if my DR of over 18 years knows me, why Walmart can decide which is right for me.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I have been using WM's pharmacy for many, many years and have found the pharmacists very helpful and patient. I have no complaints about them at all. The other employees of the pharmacy can be hit or miss and are often sloppy, causing us to drive to the pharmacy to pick up an item only to find out it's not ready after all but I usually avoid this by asking to speak to the pharmacist about my orders - which they themselves have recommended. I often order my refills online but lately - since September 2017 - I have not been able to log into my pharmacy account. I have worked with online customer service and was even sent to an "escalated" type of help but they ended up telling me I had to "verify" my account in the pharmacy and things would start working. The problem is the pharmacists have not heard a word about this. Just wondering if anyone else is suddenly having problems accessing their pharmacy account.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I received a call from Walmart re: ** 40 mg recall. I had a full bottle that was filled 9/5/17. Thankfully I had not yet started taking. I called Walmart and it was explained to me that they found out 9/26/17 about the recall and then called me. I went onto website and found article dated 8/15/17 explaining about the recall of this drug. I believe Walmart dropped their responsibility on this one. I will either have to go elsewhere for my medicine or do their job and check monthly on my prescriptions for **.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

My daughter has real bad seizures when she dont get her meds for four time this year. I had to fight with the pharmacy to get her meds on time. And they claim not to get a fax from her doctor office when they did in fact get it... They just like toying with peoples lives. I would trade pharmacy if I could but it the closest one that has her type of pills. But they need to get with the program soon or I'll raise hell.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I have had no problems with Walmart Pharmacy. What's nice that if you are out of town or whatever you can go to any Walmart and they can pull all the info up on computer and you can refill your meds.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Second time my Dr. ordered this and the second time they did not have it. They never notified me and I needed this medicine for a very serious life threatening condition. They are not doctors and should not have left it up to me to call them. Irresponsible behavior. Shame on them. No way to complain on their website either.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

This is the worst pharmacy ever!!! Every time I come to the drive thru I sit and wait at least 30 minutes after they told me it would be ready in 10 minutes. Then when I told her I would wait she rolled her eyes and hung up the receiver.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

They provide good service but the computer software needs tweaking, & some pharmacists do not look through the prescriptions to see what is expired & still valid. Also updating customer info is not happening as smooth as possible.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Last week I went to my Dr for my check up... Needed refills Rx. Dr called them in. Went later that evening to pick them up. Girl at the counter told me my Rx wasn't covered and I needed to call back the Dr. So I did. He recalled. I went back there the next day. They told me they were out. Couldn't get them in. I have been taking that same Rx for 10 years. BP MEDS. First they tell me I'm not covered then they tell me they don't have any. Couldn't they tell the Dr that. So he could change it. What am I supposed to do? Die? This has been going on for a while now. Are they playing God? Choosing who lives and dies.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

This is a convoluted mess. NOT worth the time and trouble. After a week of dealing with this I'm headed anywhere but Walmart Pharmacy (online or brick-n-mortar). Started with a simple understanding that all you had to do was get your doctor to fax your prescriptions to the 1-800 # and voila you could get a 90 day supply of any prescription on the generic prescription list for only $10.00! "Great", he says. "Call my Dr. and have them transferred" he says... we received a 30 count bottle of one med and 9 - 30 count bottles of another and a $40.00 bill... $40. For the same prescriptions we could have picked up from our Walmart store for $16.00 WTHeck?!

This is such a freaking mess... (thinks to herself, "figures".) One minute they are okay with making it right then, NOT. All I want is to be made whole. (I'll pay the medications received for the amount I would have gotten them locally and not a cent more, because THAT is what was sold to me.) As for me, I am going to make sure I am 100% healthy and NEVER have to use their pharmacies EVER again and suggest you do the same. Stay well.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I've gotten my prescriptions through Wal-Mart for years, and while some are better than others, overall they are consistent and reliable. I've been in several cities and states in the last few years, and it's always easy to transfer or pick up wherever I end up.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I use Walmart because of the drug program from Humana. This program allows me to get my meds for a very good price - $1.00 per month. But I do not like the service I get at Walmart or the attitude of the workers.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Shingles Vaccine - I am 50 years old and my dr sent a script to Walmart pharmacy in Centre, AL. They informed me that I was not allowed to have it because I was not 60. It has been approved for 50 and up but ins won't pay unless you are 60. (I had no problem paying for it out of pocket.) They refused to give it to me. My dr then sent it to CVS in Centre, AL and I received the vaccine. Is Walmart really that far behind or do they just not want to do their jobs??? We always have trouble with them and most of them are not very friendly at all!!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

Tried to re-order a prescription online. I needed the item mailed to me because I cannot drive to pick it up. After a 'chat' with an idiot, speaking to a live idiot, transferred to Pharmacy who never answered, calling back a number concerning prescriptions being mailed, I was told, "You don't have an account to mail your prescriptions". And you know this how? Why didn't your ignorant website tell me this? And advise how to resolve the situation? End result: transferring my prescriptions to another vendor and praying really hard that Amazon buys out this monstrously stupid company. It's not just Wal-Mart, it's Sam's as well. I have never spoken to so many illiterate people in my life.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I have chronic insomnia and I am 65 yrs young. I do everything I can to make this problem manageable. Walmart Pharmacy has put holds on my medications more than once. The only thing that actually worked was **. I had to call my insurance provider for 3 months to get it back. When I did finally, the capsules are out of date or placebo. I am so tired of not sleeping and it's all due to the pharmacy in Tomah Wi. They give me the runaround and said my insurance put a hold on it and when my Dr.'s nurse called me she let it slip that it was the pharmacy. It would be different if I was a drug abuser but I am NOT. I JUST WANT TO SLEEP. Not getting proper rest is very detrimental. I feel very confused and depressed due to lack of sleep.

Original review: July 27, 2017

Walmart Pharmacy Holly Springs, NC gave me a blood pressure medication instead of a muscle relaxer! When I picked up my meds I called back to the pharmacy alerting them that my meds look different, they said; "We changed manufacturers", so I took the medication as prescribed twice per day as needed. I was weak, fainted, wrecked my car, developed SVT heart problem then Sinus tachycardia! Wore a heart monitor for a month! Have to take a beta blocker twice a day for the rest of my life! Walmart offered me 4K for my troubles! I have a life of pills thanks to Walmart Pharmacy's neglect! I want the world to know what happened to me so it doesn't happen to anyone else! I'm having to go to my cardiologist every six months for the rest of my life because Walmart Pharmacy almost caused my death!

Did I mention I was already on three blood pressure medications, they gave me ** blood pressure twice per day, it should have been ** muscle relaxer! I took this deadly combination of blood pressure medication for two months! When I called to fill my medication the third month, "Mrs. ** you don't have a muscle relaxer on file!" I said "I have the pill bottle right in front of me." I gave them the RX number on my pill bottle, I was placed on hold for what seemed an eternity! Then I was told to come to the pharmacy. They gave me the right medication and my copay for two months!

I refused the medication and took my business to Rite-Aid. They have been wonderful, they ask if you have any questions if you need to speak to the pharmacist. Very professional and caring! I love Rite-Aid! I was so sick for months and none of my doctors could tell me why, all my meds checked out on paper, but I was given a strong dose of blood pressure medication 1500 mg per day! I could have died! Please check your medications, you can look them up online to make sure the pills are the correct pills! Sorry Walmart 4K isn't enough to fix my car you caused me to wreck nor is it enough for me to take beta blockers twice per day for life! Walmart Pharmacy Holly Springs NC is not a good pharmacy! Please dont allow them to cause your death! Walmart doesnt care who they hurt or kill! I have filed a lawsuit! See you in court Walmart I still have my pill bottles too!

Original review: July 5, 2017

I picked up my third 90 Day Prescription since switching to Walmart last December. I ordered these refills last week knowing one would need physician approval and they still had a work day to contact him. I checked status Monday and the one had not been approved and I re-ordered. I was thinking I could pick them up when I went to town in a couple of days. I checked order status Monday and one was not refilled because they still needed to contact physician and I re-ordered again knowing it may be an issue with the 4th of July.

Today I arrived to pick up RX's and one was not filled because they were out of this very popular blood pressure med. They said it would be a couple more days yet. I explained I ordered this in plenty of time and should have had filled by now. Lady behind counter said she would double check when available and wanted to know if I was out. I told her not out yet and planned on not coming back for a while. She said she would check on it. A few minutes later she came back and said it would be ready in 20 minutes. I duly waited my 20 minutes and checked back. They had 2nd Rx ready and I picked it up. I commented that I was very unhappy that I had to wait for RX because they were supposedly out and I ordered the previous week. She replied it was late due to the holiday.

Well Walmart Pharmacy I think you need to invest in a calendar that notes weekends and Holidays. Last December when I placed my first order several days early and they were not ready due to being out and it was the holidays, In March of the this year I ordered 2nd batch of RX's and they were out and not ready due to weekend. Of course my third order today was late due to Holiday. On my way home from Kearney I located a small pharmacy only six miles from where I live and had them transfer all my RX's to them. Shame on you and your same day pharmacy service, especially when all 3 meds are very common prescriptions.

Original review: June 19, 2017

I've been using this pharmacy for about 2 years now and I have to say I'm more than pleased. I'm actually closer to another branch but I choose to go where people treat me right. I've been to other pharmacies where I'm treated like a junkie or a criminal meanwhile I'm a single dad who's just trying to do the best he can. The staff all know me. We can even joke around and they always help me if I have a question. They've even gone out of their way to find coupons for me because I don't have insurance. Now they don't have to do any of that it's not at all in their job description but they still do. I would recommend this branch to anyone needing to switch. Bravo to the entire staff.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I have my prescriptions filled by Wal-Mart in Taylor PA. I'm concerned about Pharmacists that work there. Pretty much on an every other month the pharmacists there DON'T read my notes and I end up driving back to get the order right. I am worried that they are going to mess up with an order because they do not read. They filled the order wrong again and I called Walmart and the person said I'm sorry. I said, "Can you please send someone here to pick up the mistake?" "No we don't have anyone for that." I was talking to someone else about this and they said this happens to a few people he knew. SO I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS A PROBLEM WITH THEM. Then if you call 1800 Wal-Mart they tell you they're busy call back later. They CARE.

Original review: June 12, 2017

Pharmacy - Store 3236 - I am reporting a pharmacy employee Zan and Pharmacy manager Jemma **. I gave my prescription to Zan who Very Rudely asked if I had insurance! Told her yes, and that all my information was in the computer. Zan started screaming that there is NO INSURANCE INFO in the system AND if I have a CHARITY VOUCHER! While SCREAMING! Jemma ** did absolutely nothing to de-escalate the situation. Keep in mind I have been filling prescriptions at Walmart for over 10 yrs. with the same insurance company.

Original review: June 12, 2017

I was near the pharmacy at the East Rome, GA Walmart, when a man walks up beside me and just walks off with my shopping cart. I wasn't even sure how to respond at first, but managed a meek "umm...hey... that's my cart..." Of course, I was ignored. I stated a little louder "Excuse me?" Again, nothing. He just kept on walking. Well, I'm not going to stand there and allow myself to be a victim, so I said loudly "Excuse me! That's my cart!" He finally stopped, and returned it. This wasn't a big deal, maybe it was just an accident... but either way, *he* was the one in the wrong, NOT me.

Unfortunately, an employee in the pharmacy saw fit to state how "rude" I was (for what, refusing to be a doormat to a cart thief?). She made sarcastic remarks about me, stating "She didn't have to be so nice about it". So basically, I am being victimized by a Walmart employee for being the victim of an attempted cart theft. This is incredibly unprofessional behavior, and I do not appreciate being spoken about in this manner. I did not get the employee's name, but this event occurred on Sunday, at around 5:15 pm at the pharmacy inside the Walmart on Cartersville Hwy in Rome, GA. Neither me, nor my partner, will be returning to any Walmart location in the future.

Walmart expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Walmart operates in-store and online pharmacies in most of its supercenter stores. Its pharmacies provide customers with discount brand name and generic prescriptions for consumers or their pets. Prescription refills are easy and they offer home delivery for medications, including pet medicine.

• Prescription refills: Customers can refill prescriptions with Walmart’s online pharmacy by either logging into their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkout involves entering a date of birth and the prescription number located on the label. Seven prescriptions can be refilled at once. Walmart also has a $4 generic prescription list available for online ordering.

• Home delivery: Walmart provides online pricing, ordering and delivery on 90-day prescriptions. Consumers can call a toll-free number to place an order for delivery or log in to their online account. Delivery is free for standard five- to seven-day shipping, $8 for second-day delivery and $15 for overnight delivery. Payments must be made by credit card.

• Mobile pharmacy app: Consumers can download the Walmart app to manage their prescription orders, transfer prescriptions, see the $4 prescription list and place guest refills from the app 24/7. The app is available for Apple and Android devices.

• Pet medications: Customers with veterinary-prescribed medications can get them filled at Walmart in-store or online. Consumers can use the mobile app for a quick and easy way to fill pet prescriptions.

• Specialty pharmacy: Walmart's specialty pharmacy consists of a team of pharmacists, nurses and insurance experts to help consumers with special treatment plans achieve their treatment goals. It helps treat numerous diseases such as cancer, anemia, HIV/AIDS and cystic fibrosis. The specialty pharmacy offers online ordering, free temperature-controlled overnight shipping and reimbursement insurance claim assistance.

• Accreditation: Walmart Pharmacy is accredited by the URAC for its specialty pharmacy services and also holds accreditation by VIPPS for general pharmacy practices.

• Best for: consumers needing specialty pharmacy services and a wide range of discounted prescription medications.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs