1.30/5
Based on 69 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1086 Wal-Mart Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have been picking up my pain medicine from my local Walmart for years. Today I went in and they told me my script will be less than the normal amount. I inquired why and the man rudely stated, "Because people abuse these pills and you now have to manage your pain better". I told him I was in a severe accident and need my regular dosage that my body is used to. I asked if he could contact my dr to see if it was a mistake. He stated that even if it was a mistake and got corrected, he would contact my dr again and make him give me even less medicine. What gives this pharmacist the right to do that? He does not know my medical history. I was so embarrassed by this man today.

Original review: June 13, 2018

For the last 2 months the Wal-Mart Pharmacy in Kimball Tennessee don't have most of my prescriptions. I have to wait or go somewhere else. I have been using this pharmacy since it opened. I can see one but not three.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I am so mad at Walmart Pharmacy I could scream. I am a pain management patient. Have been for years. I use a discount card SingleCare to purchase my pain meds. Have for a couple of years. I am on Social Security Disability and don't have Medicare yet and no Medicaid. I can't afford insurance, so I rely on discount cards so I can afford my medications. Today I get a text my prescription is ready, instead of my usual $20.00 it's $105.00. I call them and they don't take discount cards for pain medications anymore. Because I might be a druggie. I have to have someone get my prescription and take it Walgreens where it's going to more than double my cost. I am disabled and can't get around to do this for myself right now. WALMART THERE ARE HONEST PEOPLE IN TREATMENT, WHO NEED THESE MEDS. I got my social security disability first try because of my pain. Corporate can go to hell.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I work in medicine for a major pharmaceutical company and have for over a decade. I understand the rules and why things have to be the way they are. That doesnt mean I agree with them. Walmart pharmacists are the worst. They are in general arrogant and obviously have esteem issues among other things. I unfortunately have been terribly ill and did not realize how absolutely invasive and offensive pharmacists can be. They had the nerve to lecture me about a medication that my doctor and I agreed to taking.

Who do they think they are? Count the little white things and put them in a bottle PER MY DOCTOR'S ORDER. The laws have empowered these fools into thinking they are somehow defenders of the planet. They need a dose of reality badly. They have no understanding of my medical history or medical needs based on a prescription. Give me what my doctor tells you to give me and STFU.

I as well as everyone has to be accountable for themselves and do not need multiple layers of idiots telling me something written by the DEA or some corporate attorney. I am the decider at the end of the day what I want to put in my body and for how long. There is so much misinformation, bad data and totally fraudulent studies used to the agenda of a few and we "people" here at the bottom are the victims. Lastly, Walmart pharmacists...this is directed right at you personally...if I treated people the way you do on a daily basis I would be FIRED. You are not God and not a savior. You are a pill counter. Find another line of work. Feel free to treat people like you do now and then you will get the wonderful opportunity to be treated the same as you wait in line at unemployment.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I contacted my doctor's office asking for a few scripts to be faxed to Walmart Pharmacy on the 23rd, a week in advance, because the Walmart Pharmacy here keeps screwing stuff up. One week later, on the day the prescriptions were to officially be filled, the pharmacy told me they had not received any scripts from my doctor - even though I had verification from my doctor's office on the 23rd, 2 hours after I requested the scripts to be sent to Walmart.

I knew they were full of crap because I had the message from my doctor's office right in front of me. But, I didn't want to argue, I just needed my medication. So, I called the doctor's office and asked them to resend the scripts, which they did. I did not receive notification from the pharmacy that the prescriptions were available for pickup. So, I called them to ask what was going on. They said they now had the scripts (now, double the number of them) but, they couldn't give me the prescriptions until they spoke with the doctor - and that they had called my doctor's office to get the verification code. I called mid afternoon, and they said they still hadn't heard anything from the doctor...and then told me that again when I called in the evening.

So, the next day, I called to see what was going on and Walmart said they were still waiting to hear from the doctor's office. I was getting sick of their crap by then so I called my doctor's office personally to explain what was going on. They informed me, again, that the scripts had been sent to the pharmacy, now more than a week ago. I told them Walmart needed some kind of verification. And, I was told they'd given the verification to the pharmacy before I had called anyone at all. So, in the end, I'm sitting there for 3 days, going through withdrawal from my meds, with a mild fever, vomiting, with a migraine, while Walmart had the scripts and the verification codes from the beginning...then got more scripts...and the verification code again. It was like no one there gave a crap about the situation. If I had not been making all those phone calls, nothing would have gotten done. Their apathy was absolutely baffling.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: May 21, 2018

I have used Walmart's online pharmacy for several years for my monthly supply of medical drugs for Type II diabetes. In the past I have done this by first logging into Walmart.com, then into the online pharmacy where I could check to see how many prescriptions I have remaining and to refill them whenever needed. At some point in 2017 Walmart's online pharmacy changed its online security methodology and from that point I have not been able to be verified or to login at the online pharmacy login site. Each time I was referred to my local Walmart pharmacy store at 1911 Marsha Sharp Fwy, Lubbock, Texas to be "verified" but three trips to my local pharmacy have yet to resolve the login problem.

I have also called Walmart's Customer Service (I assume nationwide) twice who have transferred me twice to their online pharmacy technical people. The first time I was told that my local pharmacy store had somehow deleted my PIN number but the problem would soon be resolved and that I would receive an email by May 11th to verify this resolution.

Having not received any emails from Walmart, today on May 21st, I again called Walmart's Customer Service who again transferred me to the technical people who handle pharmacy tech issues. And again, I was told that my local store has to be a part of resolving this problem which is much more of a problem for older folks who are not as PC literate as myself... Since Walmart's Customer Service has not been able to resolve the issue in two telephone calls and my local pharmacy has not been able to resolve it in three 80-mile round trips there, I may be forced to change my pharmacy if Walmart cannot resolve this technical problem soon.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Won’t fill pain meds from 2002 injury - I have been in pain management since my work accident in 2002. Only problems I have had filling this is from insurance, or lack thereof. On May 10, 2018 I had been to my monthly appointment. He faxes my prescription to Walmart. For several months now, every now and then they are out and I have to return when they get their shipment in.

Well this day I had gone to the dr, on a Thursday and to Walmart, and they said they were out and the shipment would be Tuesday. Nothing unusual YET. I was almost home, when my dr's office called me. She said Walmart says I’m on too high a dose of my pain med. I have been on almost all types since 2002. Including **, ** and early in treatment, **, **. And all in between. I take 4 mg ** up to 5 times a day. This is far from a strong dose. They make 8 mg too. An acquaintance of mine takes 8 mg 3 times a day. I want to know when Walmart became my dr and when they looked over my chart to see everything I have been through since 2002!!! THIS ISNT FAIR AND IT'S NOT THEIR PLACE TO OVERRIDE MY DR’S DECISION.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I took an Uber from My Pain Management to refill my pain meds from an elevator crash 16 years ago breaking my legs and my back. Never had a problem. They were always easy and pleasant to me. When I gave the prescription to the woman at the drop off window she greeted me by name. Said it would be about 30 to 45 minutes. That's fine. I am not mobile. I was in an electric cart. Went and got a few grocery items. Went back. My prescription wasn't ready, another went by. The Pharmacist said the dosage was too high and he needed to confirm from the Dr.??? It was actually lower than last year and lower what my Dr wanted me to take.

He spoke very loudly in front of about 18 people in line and verbally drug shamed me. I was humiliated. I wheeled up to the window and asked him to talk to me in a normal voice and face to face. PLEASE. He was lecturing me on the danger of my pain meds. I told him I was on ** a few years ago and had it changed to something well not so strong. After pointing out to him I am unable to walk he said my name and told me he knew of my condition and then my Dr called and I guess wasn't very nice to him. He came over and said they will be ready in a few minutes.

When I went to pick up and pay this cashier was very rude. Wanted ID. Fine. Well she didn't like my ID even though it is valid and they knew me for 8 years and said They can't sell them to me. OMG. I went nuts and had every manager and customer service person over to see what was going on. This man I had never seen said, "OK this time but never again." This is the only pharmacy even close to me and most don't deliver anymore. Now I have to pick up my meds for anxiety and Parkinson's. I am totally afraid to go in there again. After 8 years with them They treat me like a drug addict.

Original review: May 16, 2018

On several occasions I've tried to fill/refill prescriptions only to be told they are out of stock. What's worse is they say they don't know when inventory will be received. How can a business that absolutely affects the health of consumers not have inventory??? I was without a thyroid medication for nearly a week before. Now, I can't get a prescription for my daughter filled because of this nonsense and she's been without it for 3 days. I've had to call my daughter's pediatrician to see if they will send it to another pharmacy. Walmart tells me they don't know what they're receiving on a daily basis and I'm supposed to call every day to see if the drug is in. No thanks, I'll take my chances with a reputable company going forward.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Took a legitimate prescription to the new Neighborhood WalMart in Murrells Inlet SC located at Frontage Road. The pharmacist called me 5 minutes after I dropped it off angrily stating a schedule 2 med from out of state could not be filled in SC nor at any Walmart, it was the policy. I've been filling this for years without incident. When I arrived I was told the "city where the Rx was written is filled with clinics that write this stuff and hand it out like candy". I'm apparently lucky "she didn't keep my Rx and report me" (for what? trying to fill a prescription?). I asked if she called and verified the Rx but was told "she didn't need to because who knows what kind of relationship I have with this doctor" What the heck?

I filled it successfully elsewhere and called other local Walmarts that said, “No problem. We can fill that.” So she LIED in addition to harassing me! They may not have to fill the prescription (at their discretion) but lying and slander should be off the table. Blatant harassment and profiling and all kind of loud talking about my med, my doctor and our apparent illegal ways. Checking to see if HIPAA violation occurred.

Original review: May 7, 2018

So I have been taking opioid for several years due to major back problems. These last few months of filling my script at Walmart pharmacy had been a pain. They lecture me, make me wait forever and barely want to hand the medication over. I do not abuse the meds. I take them as prescribed by my doctor but they still treat me like I'm an addict. I have all the verification I need from the doctor, insurance company, etc to have this medication legally every month. I went to get it filled today and they told me 30 min it would be done. Check back in 30 and they say they will not fill because they no longer fill prescriptions from my doctor's office. I just don't get it since that has never been a problem before. I think they just make up excuses not to fill prescription pain meds for anybody these days.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I dropped 2 prescriptions to the Walmart Pharmacy on Philips Hwy-Jacksonville FL. One was new (a $4 antibiotic) and the other was a refill of an anti-fungal that I first got filled at the Walmart on Normandy Blvd. It took 2 days for the Philips Hwy Walmart Pharmacy to fill the antibiotic and 5 days to fill the anti-fungal. When I went to pick up the anti-fungal (14 pills, 100mg) I was told the cost was over $91. I disagreed, explaining that it was a $39 Rx refill that I'd already had filled once at the Walmart Pharmacy on Normandy 3 weeks ago and that 2 days prior the Philips Hwy pharmacist had already confirmed the $39 cost for the refill. The tech leaned over the register at me and said "Well, this ISN'T the Walmart Pharmacy on Normandy, this is the Walmart Pharmacy on PHILIPS." I was also told I could not use my Good Rx coupon. I told this Tech that the price isn't right and to cancel the RX, I would transfer it back to the other Walmart Pharmacy.

On the drive over to the other pharmacy I called in the refill to the Normandy location. By the time I got there (25 minutes) the RX was ready at the $39 cost AND they applied my Good Rx coupon so the final cost was $25.94. They couldn't explain to me why the cost was almost double at the other location, or why the other Walmart Pharmacy would not take the coupon. They were just as baffled as I was. I'm still bothered by this discrepancy in cost. This morning I researched all Jacksonville pharmacies for this particular Rx and found the cost NEVER exceeded $39. There's no insurance in play here either. This is a straight cash pay.

There needs to be a full investigation into Walmart pharmacies potentially overcharging their less savvy customers, like seniors or patient advocates or INSURANCE companies for that matter. 100% markup on a generic drug without a rational explanation? Where is the oversight? This is unethical and definitely diminishing people's quality of life. It's gouging the sick. Heinous. Be your own advocate! Always shop your Rx on with an app like Good Rx, call multiple pharmacies or do an online search so that you know what you should be paying vs what the bad pharmacies try to get away with charging you!

Original review: May 1, 2018

I went to the Walmart at I-10 East Freeway @ Freeport St to have my prescription for my pain medicine filled, as I have every 2 weeks for the last 2 years, to be told I needed to have my Doctor fax over my treatment plan. I physically pick up the prescription from my doctor's office and carry it to this same pharmacy every 2 weeks. My doctor did not feel comfortable passing my medical information via fax, anyone would have access to it which is a violation of my rights under HIPAA. The pharmacist refuses to fill my prescription with no good reason. I have seen this doctor since I was 15 years old, I'm 46 now, I think that qualifies as a good doctor/patient relationship.

I am not an abuser of pain medicine, I take it as needed for 2 autoimmune diseases. I do not have insurance as my job does not provide health insurance during probation period so I pay cash. I do not try to have my prescription filled early since I take it as prescribed and my doctor would not release it to me early even if I wanted to. This is ridiculous as to so many innocent people with chronic pain are having to suffer due to pharmacists trying to play the role of doctors. If you want to be a doctor, go to med school. I agree there is an opioid problem but do your research on patient history in your own computers at Walmart. If you see consistency with patients on these meds, don't treat them like abusers. Look for the inconsistencies.

Original review: April 17, 2018

This is my horrible experience with Walmart Pharmacy at 5302 North Garland Ave., Garland Texas 75044, on April/16/2018. This morning after my visit of my doctor, he faxed all my prescriptions to the above pharmacy. After two hours I went to Walmart, I was told that the medications shall be ready until one P.M, so I went back until 2.30 P.M, to make sure it is ready for me. This time I was told it is still not ready & was asked to wait another 10 minutes. Afterward, it is another wait for 10 more minutes, so on & so on. Eventually, I had to leave for my wife who is in the hospital. Walmart is the worse pharmacy I ever experienced. If you don't mind to stuck into a situation of an endless waiting for your prescriptions. Go Ahead & wish you luck!

Original review: March 28, 2018

To make a very long story short, following several months, well no, years of unprofessional service I finally decided to voice my concerns with corporate. I was assured that the situation would be dealt with. Unfortunately I believed this. Recently when I called to ask a question the person I spoke with wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise, we were going nowhere as we were now raising OUR voices, so I hung up. The individual actually called me back within minutes and told me to never come into that pharmacy again as I wasn't welcomed there and hung up!! Can you say Human Rights issue? This store in Niagara Falls NY has the most ignorant, non-professionals that one can EVER imagine. STAY AWAY, many other stores nearby with comparable prices.

Original review: March 24, 2018

After moving to Bonham Tx from Allen Tx at Kroger's and believing Walmart would work okay for my pharmacy needs I was unfortunately disappointed. I brought in all of my prescription bottles so they could see the drug, date last filled, mg size and prescribing doctor. Several times they had several trainees on during the same shift the service was slow and inadequate while looking for my only to be surprised when the pharmacist said they could not fill it since they were going to lunch. I had never had this poor of pharmacy service until I discovered what they did next.

Just for facts my PCP referred me to my pain management clinic, knew my cardiologist and Gastrointestinal doctors for 4 years and received lab reports from them. Even though this was the story and Walmart had been told of my health issues they called my PCP to inform her that I was receiving controlled meds from several doctors. The issue is, my PCP prescribed my anti-anxiety and the pain doctor prescribed my pain drugs.

I'm on the lowest amount of pain meds that a patient can take and still get relief and one antianxiety pill a day. I battle depression and am in counseling trying to get relief. Due to the pharmacy's blatant act of misinformation my PCP became nervous and worried about being turned into the DEA so changed my meds even changing one to longer acting which causes lethargy throughout the day and causes more depression. The days of so many hands in the pie of each patient has now messed up the entire system. I am so disappointed in what the govt has done due to back alley illegal drug sales that I believe I'm just another victim of those selling drugs on our street corners.

Original review: March 20, 2018

On March 7th, I went to the Walmart at 3829 US Hwy 77 in Corpus Christi Texas. I went to the pharmacy there to pick up two prescriptions called in by my doctor. The clerk that waited on me was rude and would not listen to me. I told her I had two prescriptions to pick up and I gave her my name and date of birth. After she checked, she came back and insisted that I had 3 prescriptions to pick up. I told her no that there was only two and she argued and said that the doctor must of added a generic and besides it was in with my other medicine. She was rude of course and told me I had to take all of them and that the extra prescription was on five dollars. So to cut down on the conflict from her, I paid for them and left. I took the meds when I got home for my nightly dosage and got sick and sat back and passed out.

When I woke up, I walked over to check what I had taken and the 3rd med was not even in my name. What I had taken was a muscle relaxer. It interacted badly with my other regular medications. I have reported this to the corporate office and the Texas Board of Pharmacy. I've not heard back from anyone on the matter except the pharmacist that filled the order, demanding that I bring it back. My next report will be to the FDA I guess. Whatever the case, you can't trust their pharmacy because they will give out anything just to suit them. I will never go there again and I advise that you don't either.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Walmart Pharmacy- Daphne, AL. My wife and I went to this pharmacy today to get my prescription of ** filled. The woman pharmacist refused to fill it. When we asked her why she said "that was her preferred judgment". Asked her to explain it. She refused. We then went to the assistant Manager, Julia. She said there was nothing she could do. Since I have been doctoring since 1992 (since I broke my back and have been exposed to Agent Orange) including but not limited to: orthopedic surgeon, neurosurgeon, family doctor and now a pain doctor and given different medications and am now on **. I am positive this pharmacist who is employed by Walmart has violated my civil rights by denying not to fill my prescription even though I am also 100% disabled vet. I have every intention of filing a lawsuit and hope more customers also file.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Wal-Mart is convenient and is probably the main reason I use them. They carry the medicines I use and the co-pay is cheap. Reorders are easy via phone or online. I travel a lot and getting refills in different states is easy. I have had no issues using War-Mart Rx.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Just left the doctor's office. Was prescribed 10mg of ** once a day. Picked up my medication. Went home. Ate supper. Popped a pill. As I looked at the bottle which stated 20 mg of ** cut in half take once a day. Well why would you do that to a person who reads a prescription bottle when they just left the doctor's office and she told you how to take this pill. This was an awful experience. I have anxiety which is why I'm taking **. I had an awful night and am having an awful day. Side effects are amazing. No one should have to go through this. Do not trust. Read and now do we trust what's in the bottle if it is the drug it's supposed to be. Very bad experience and you wonder why I didn't read it why should I. Left the doctor's office 10 minutes ago talking about this drug that I'm going to take.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I understand the epidemic of opioids but everyone should not be accused of abusing meds! I have been taking ** for more than three years and have had this issue numerous times! I am out of medication which I SHOULD NOT JUST STOP! Walmart never called my doctor! I sent them an email and yet I went to pick up my script and it was not filled! They also tried to blame the doctor! They now have a policy at this store in Norwich, NY that they REFUSE TO FILL MY SCRIPT UNTIL 30 days add ER last fill/refill! This is causing me so much stress and aggravation! I have been without my meds, even though my insurance would accept filling the script a couple days prior to 30 days! Why is Walmart policing my doctor-prescribed medication that’s I HAVE NO HISTORY OF ABUSING! They literally stated “they were the addiction police,”. What on earth is happening! If I lose a pill I am out of luck and considered an abuser!

Walmart has no right to determine when I should get my meds if my Doctor approves the script and the insurance will fill/refill a couple days prior to expiration of last refill! They told me to GO TO THE ER BECAUSE OF THEIR NEGLIGENCE AND INCOMPETENCE! No wonder why, as a chronically ill person, my medical bills are astronomical AND I HAVE INSURANCE! Please explain to me how Walmart can arbitrarily refuse to provide necessary meds when there would be no illegality or repercussions! I have to drive top miles to this Walmart and my doctor even place a note on my chart that this script can and should be refilled! I have been without my medication for days now and request you contact Walmart’s Pharmacists at the Norwich store to remedy this continual problem. Causing me tremendous stress!

Original review: March 8, 2018

Why is it that when you pay for your script you have to go stand in another line so the pharmacist can bag it. What the hell is this. Stand in line to get script then pay then stand in another line while pharmacist takes it out of the bag then puts it back in the bag. What a waste of my time. First I was told it was a state law. LIE. Then it was Walmart policy. Who make this policy. I refuse to go to another line and raise holy hell till they give me my script.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Walmart Pharmacy Johnsburg, IL - I have been filling my prescription at Walmart for years, I take ** for anxiety. My doctor does NOT provide refills so I have to physically go into the office every month to get a prescription. Brought the script in the same day doc wrote it like I've done for years, the staff told me my insurance declined to fill it as it was 4 days early.

Talked to insurance and it was not submitted so pharmacy LIED. Then they told me the computer wouldn't fill it, well, computer has filled it this way for years so another lie, bottom line, they have a new pharmacist (wouldn't tell me the name) who has been hassling people on refills. She has decided since script was filled last 2/9 to hold it until 2/8 even though it is a NEW script the doc just wrote. Seeing doc every month allows them to know how often it's filled. If they felt it was too early they wouldn't have written it, pharmacist continually takes it upon herself to play doctor and decline not just mine but other people's as well. Will be leaving Walmart pharmacy AND shopping center as it is no longer convenient and I don't like being lied to and having a pharmacist doctor wannabe override my personal doctor's prescription!

Original review: March 3, 2018

1 Day post op and I called to ask about a medication. They hang up on me. They are rude and lack compassion. Anybody can work in the medical field and learn from a textbook... But you need compassion while dealing with patients.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I have transferred two prescriptions to two other pharmacies. The most recent was for a refill of a drug I use when symptoms set in. I have insurance. The price for six of these pills at Walmart was $42.00 for six pills. I asked if there was a generic replacement. Their answer was NO. I left the store, went home and researched the pill I am taking and guess what? There is a generic for it. The next surprise came when I went online and found a discount card thru Walgreens for $82.50 for 30 pills making it $2.75 per pill versus $6.08 per pill. I had my prescription transferred to Walgreens. Went back to Walmart and showed them my receipt from Walgreens and they countered with 36.50 for 6 pills.

This is a lot of trouble to get the correct information and pricing. Taking into consideration the trouble my doctor has to go thru to switch pharmacies and there you have the problem and complete waste of time and money. Thank goodness I am healthy enough to pursue getting a fair deal. I am thinking of the sick and disabled and wonder what is happening to them. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK AND RESEARCH ALL YOUR PRESCRIPTIONS FOR PRICING AND GENERIC ALTERNATIVES!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I have logged in innumerable times to this site. All I wanted this time was a printout of my 2017 subscription purchases. But suddenly, I get "Walmart has instituted a new level of security to protect your identity." Okay, no problem right? I answer ALL the questions accurately -- date of birth, phone number, pin, etc. "We're sorry. You cannot access your account at this time. Please bring your ID to your local pharmacy and we will we glad to initiate access to your account." WHAT???

I called my pharmacy where they know my voice (my husband and I buy all our prescriptions there -- we account for 10% of their business, I am sure!) They call me by name but no, they cannot grant me access without my picture ID and signature. So I ask for the number of online technical support. I call and explain that I am miserably sick with a bad code and just need my 2017 report. They ask me all sorts of questions only I would know including a prescription number. Then they ask me the same for my husband's account.

She is satisfied. She says she will forward all my info to the people in charge of access and that I should hear from them within 5 business days. 5 BUSINESS DAYS!!! I want the report NOW! My frustration and anger knew no bounds. I have threatened to take our business elsewhere -- to Harris Teeter just down the road and much closer than Walmart. But my husband and I like the people at this pharmacy so I will give them one more chance. But the dumb bozo who, without any notice to me, put a "new level of security" on their pharmacy website should be fired.

The least they could do is have every pharmacy check-out person explain the situation and ask if the customer wants to initiate the access process WHILE THEY ARE STANDING RIGHT THERE!!! No, they wait for you to really need something from their website BEFORE they tell you about this "new security level." How stupid can they be. Can't they think through anything before making changes??? THINK LIKE A CUSTOMER and figure out how to make their Walmart experience EASIER instead of damn frustrating! If I could give you a minus 10 stars, I would.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

The pharmacy assistant at the register, Arvealetta, was rude and dismissive. She has been unprofessional on several occasions and continues to be so. For that reason, I have decided to remove my business from your pharmacy and will encourage my family and friends to do so if/when they encounter this woman's rudeness.

Today when I went to pick up my prescriptions, she rudely said to me, "The prescriptions were not ready. The pharmacist needs to read them, don't know when or how long it will take, so I will let her know you are here waiting," gonna take the next customer and motioned me to step aside. I said, "Well can you just ask her how long so I will know when to come back," she sad, "I already told you I don't know, next..." I said, "You can't just ask her..." just then the pharmacist, Nahimini, said softly, "It will just be about 5-10 mins," I turned to her and said, "Ok great, I will be back then."

Later when I came back to pick up the prescriptions she continued to talk loudly about me to another co-worker and by saying that lady right there. Have no problem if you want to talk to your coworkers about your experiences with clients, but this woman was blatantly doing this loudly so I could hear her and looking right at me. So that's when I went to the customer service desk where the manager said, "We don't control the pharmacy, they are a separate vendor," so I went to the pharmacy manager who just happened to be Nahimini, in which she tried to make excuses for her behavior. This would have been accepted if it was the first time but it wasn't. I'm actually praying for this woman in hopes she can see the way she is treating people and change her ways.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

The pharmacy had one of my prescriptions ready to go but it had to be held for a few days due to refill guidelines. The pharmacy admitted they took the script off the shelf and used to for another patient. When I went to pick up my medicine I was told they were out. This was Wednesday the 7th, after I told the pharmacy that was unacceptable they gave me 7 pills, and stated the rest would be in on Thursday. I called Thursday and they said it would be Friday. It is Friday now I am running out of my medicine and the pharmacy tech said it could be as late as Monday. The pharmacy didn’t even call me, I had to call them! I would like to know the legality and duty the pharmacy has to fulfill orders.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

My doctor electronically sent in a prescription. 1/30/18. I have enough until 2/7/18. These are 30 day scripts and I usually get it filled on that day. Here it is day 29 and they’ve had 10 days to order and they said it still didn’t come in. Very dangerous and unprofessional.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Bought generic ** at Walmart with Humana insurance. It cost 97.50. Could have gotten it at Kroger with just a good RX coupon for 51.00. Kroger is better every time. Finally I have figured it out. Walmart will rip you off.

Walmart expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Walmart operates in-store and online pharmacies in most of its supercenter stores. Its pharmacies provide customers with discount brand name and generic prescriptions for consumers or their pets. Prescription refills are easy and they offer home delivery for medications, including pet medicine.

• Prescription refills: Customers can refill prescriptions with Walmart’s online pharmacy by either logging into their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkout involves entering a date of birth and the prescription number located on the label. Seven prescriptions can be refilled at once. Walmart also has a $4 generic prescription list available for online ordering.

• Home delivery: Walmart provides online pricing, ordering and delivery on 90-day prescriptions. Consumers can call a toll-free number to place an order for delivery or log in to their online account. Delivery is free for standard five- to seven-day shipping, $8 for second-day delivery and $15 for overnight delivery. Payments must be made by credit card.

• Mobile pharmacy app: Consumers can download the Walmart app to manage their prescription orders, transfer prescriptions, see the $4 prescription list and place guest refills from the app 24/7. The app is available for Apple and Android devices.

• Pet medications: Customers with veterinary-prescribed medications can get them filled at Walmart in-store or online. Consumers can use the mobile app for a quick and easy way to fill pet prescriptions.

• Specialty pharmacy: Walmart's specialty pharmacy consists of a team of pharmacists, nurses and insurance experts to help consumers with special treatment plans achieve their treatment goals. It helps treat numerous diseases such as cancer, anemia, HIV/AIDS and cystic fibrosis. The specialty pharmacy offers online ordering, free temperature-controlled overnight shipping and reimbursement insurance claim assistance.

• Accreditation: Walmart Pharmacy is accredited by the URAC for its specialty pharmacy services and also holds accreditation by VIPPS for general pharmacy practices.

• Best for: consumers needing specialty pharmacy services and a wide range of discounted prescription medications.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs