1.00/5

1133 Wal-Mart Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 1, 2019

I went to Walmart in Memphis Tennessee on Austin Peay Highway. I went to the pharmacy and asked for my ** insulin. The girls saw me waiting and were in no hurry to wait on me. Finally one of them opened the refrigerator, took out a bottle and put it in a sack and handed it to me. You pay for it right then so I put it in my purse got home and put it in my refrigerator. The next day I got it out and looked at it, it was not what I asked for and paid for. I went back to Walmart to get told it was my fault for not looking at it before I walked away and they said no exchange or money back.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I was told that my prescription was a Maintenance issue and wasn't a priority, I shouldn't have ran out and since I had, they weren't going to fill it until the next day. I said what since when can you prioritize whose medication you want to fill? Then she said that you can call another store if you want your medicine. I had to call Seagoville pharmacy and they were Ashamed of Kaufman!!! I was so upset that I called back, spoke with store asst manager she went over and said something. Meanwhile mysteriously my prescriptions were ready WITH AN APOLOGY! SAVE YOUR APOLOGIES...YOUR PHARMACY SUCK...AND SO DO YOUR EMPLOYEES...

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

First of all I despise Walmart. I have been waiting all afternoon for a refill on my pain medication. Doctor called in and because it's a controlled substance they can only give me enough for a week. They finally told me this at 8:00pm and I've been in pain all day. Knee replacement. CVS here I come. Also, I admire foreigners who speak our language. I can't theirs. But, please please hire those that speak more clearly.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I recently broke a tooth and went to Walmart to have a prescription filled for a pain pill because a tooth was hurting me very badly. I waited for 2 and 1/2 hours in pain, for them to fill my prescription just for them to tell me that they were completely out of my pain medication.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My husband was given a 30 day script from the doctor for a recurring back injury. He went to the Walmart Pharmacy to fill said script. They called him when it was filled with a price of $31.00. Then, he gave them the insurance information. Walmart tech told him that he could only fill a 7 day script. Walmart policy, they said. We explained that the doctor wrote the script for 30 days. We then called the insurance company. They said that the script is covered for 30 days; but, Krishna (the pharmacist) decided to only fill 7 days and the other 21 days would be lost. In other words, go back to the doctor for another script.

I called Walmart Pharmacy to ask for management. They told me that he would be in the next day; but, that it was his insurance that only approved 7 day script. I explained that I had just spoken to the insurance company and that they told me that Krishna had made the determination. Brittany tried to defend Krishna, so I told her that I wanted to talk to the manager. He called me today and said that it was the insurance company. I explained that I had spoken with the insurance company and that they were not limiting the script to 7 days, nor did they deny that Krishna made the determination. He then told me that I would have to call the insurance company again and have a 3 way call to resolve this problem. We will be using a different Pharmacy from now on. By the way, I had filled the exact same script for myself one month ago without all of this drama. Please do not use Walmart's Pharmacy. They love to argue and place blame on everyone else!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I have been filling prescriptions at Walmart for years. This time last year, I refilled an available prescription online, got the email saying they were filling it, and then went to pick it up, and they said they had no record of the prescription or me requesting to fill it. After a few frustrated calls to my insurance and the pharmacy themselves, I ended up requesting the doctor's office to send a refill to the pharmacy. No problems again, until today.

Yesterday, I refilled the available prescription online, got the email saying they were filling it, and then went to pick it up. Once again, they had no record of the prescription or my request to fill it. They said the prescription had expired a few days ago, and the unexpired one (from an appointment in August 2018) had disappeared from the system. I was also told that they had two profiles for me, which doesn't make any sense. Very unprofessional. I ended up having to request the doctor's office send in a new refill (once again) in order for it to be filled.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I never get my prescriptions filled at Walmart but considering ** is a one time fill and I was at Walmart shopping I decided to drop my prescription off and have it filled while I shopped. Well that was a mistake. 1st of all it took a lot longer to fill than they originally said so I said I would come back and get it tomorrow. Well I ended up in the hospital for almost a week and then for another week after that was having a hard time recuperating and did not go anywhere. I called Walmart pharmacy once I was feeling better and they said they had restocked my prescription because it had been more than 9 days and they would have to refill it. When I went to get it the pharmacist told me that because it was a narcotic and it was a first time fill I would only get 7 days' supply and in the process of waiting for the rest of my prescription they would be calling my doctor to make sure that I should have this prescription.

I came back 8 days later to find out that they cannot refill a narcotic prescription. I said, "This is not a refill. I had a prescription for 90 pills. You only gave me 21." and they said now I would have to get a new prescription which I know my doctor is not gonna do because of how strict the rules are now with opiates. The pharmacist told me that this particular pharmacist should not have told me that I could come back in a week and get the rest because that is not how they worked. I said, "Well he did and now you're not giving me the rest of my prescription?" How do you give a prescription for 90 pills and they only give you 21 and will not give you the rest - is that not up to the doctor to decide how many pills you get per month.

I have been on this medication since 2012. I have never abused it. I am afraid to get addicted to it therefore I do not take it as much as I am supposed to so it's not like I'm needing more ** right this second but I do have severe chronic back pain that some days cannot even walk and when I need my ** I need my ** and I want to have it for when I need it the most.

I am having a hard time wondering why my doctor can prescribe a medication to me that he has been prescribing for years and my doctor knows me more than any pharmacist. I am not an addict. He is trying to get me to take the medicine more often than I do but yet a pharmacist can tell me how much medication I can have because other people have a drug addiction. So in my rant I just want to say never go to Walmart pharmacy because you're gonna get screwed and you're gonna have to go back time and time again until they get it right. OMG I am so angry that I didn't just take the script to my pharmacy. Never will I use Walmart pharmacy again!!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I recently moved an hour away from the Walmart where I had my scripts for years. I have severe RA and for 5 months now have been dealing with a very aggressive anterolateral impingement of the left knee for which I received a very minimal narcotic script of only 20 tablets. I didn't even require the medicine but every couple of months, from the Same physician and the same exact strength and dosage. When I moved I transferred my scripts from one Walmart store to another, and as everyone knows they all use the same computer records.

I am a single mom of 3 and struggle to pay bills as well as drive a vehicle that overheats easily, and when I took the script to the new Walmart (which at this point had filled a sleep medication that is also controlled last month) the very rude pharmacist loudly professed that she didn't feel comfortable dispensing a controlled substance to me and that I was walking with only a slight limp therefore the medication was overkill and I needed to take the script to be filled at the other Walmart that had filled the script in the past. Keep in mind she had the same records as the other Walmart and they are even in the same county. In order to receive the script I had to drive almost an hour to the old location while pulling over three times to keep my car from overheating.

The pharmacist at the old location was very nice and filled it quickly and was very aggravated that I had been treated this way. So my health is in the hands of an egotistical judgmental sadist who doesn't know my medical history or needs. This discrimination needs to be dealt with and pharmacists need to stick to filling legitimate prescriptions instead of acting as if they went to medical school. I have never been so ashamed and embarrassed as she made me feel today. A 3 day very low strength pain medication doesn't mean I'm a damn drug addict and I don't deserve to be treated as such or publicly shamed for my medication needs. Walmart on Winchester road in Huntsville Alabama will no longer have my family's business and will be reported.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I had the first shingles vaccine in Sept at Walmart. They said I should get the second shot in two months. Went back over and over and they said they didn't have the second vaccine but would call me when it gets in. I received a letter from Walmart saying I needed to go and get the second shot which is needed within 2-6 months from second shot. It has been 4 months. I went in today with the letter and they said they had the second shot. Since it was Jan 2 - my prescription insurance started over and they said I would have to pay 3 times as much as I did on the first one. I asked them if they had this shot for awhile and they said they did. They didn't call me and I could have gotten the shot at the price of the first one. Since I am on a strict budget, I was not able to get the shot today. Evidently they won't be getting any more until August and so getting the first shot was a waste for me because without the second shot it does not protect.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Pharmacy closes 6pm. Urgent care doctor rushed us out so that we can fill prescription before pharmacy closes. He apparently knew it closes at that time. Got to window at 5:36pm but was told to come back tomorrow because it was too late! REALLY! She was very rude & unapologetic still after pleading my case telling her my wife was in a lot of pain (had just broken a foot). She didn't care. Her response, "take your prescription to CVS". I did do that. The next morning the pharmacist there filled it in 10 minutes! Boycotting Walmart pharmacy!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Hwy 31 Hartselle, AL 35640 - I came in with a prescription for **. The line on the prescription subtitled Substitution Permitted was signed. Nonetheless they wanted to charge $29 for **, rather than $4 for the substitute ** which is on the $4 list. I took the bus and the round trip ended up taking about 2 hours. I won't do that again.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Every month they treat me like crap as soon as they see what I'm filling. They refused to fill it in till I showed them my MRI. In front of everybody I felt so embarrassed and violated. Everyone around me was listening. They have the biggest attitudes then keep changing rules. I can't fill over 120. They never never have it so I have to go elsewhere. Guess what. Next month they tell me I can't do that. I have to wait a week till they get theirs in. I called my Dr. and pharmacy board. Both told me, "As long as you are on time you have every right to go to who has your meds. You could die if you abruptly stop taking those meds." Think they care. They don't care to help, offer a solution. Just act like, "What? You can't wait a week in pain?" Don't dare ask anything. The pharmacist was name Jade **. NV. My Dr got her fired but I'm sure all they did was move her to another store. She should not be at any. Everybody on pain relief is not a drug addict.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Last month I stopped at the closest Walmart to drop off my prescription to be filled as I was leaving town. Waited 20 minutes then the pharmacist calls me over & says he called my pain management dr and he didn’t know I was being prescribed **. I told him that was untrue because I’m drug tested every 3-4 months. He also said something about needing a diagnosis code for why I take. Luckily I took my prescription back, went to both of the drs involved and was told by the pain dr all his patient's meds were not being filled even with diagnosis. I took it to the Walmart I have been using since they opened and it was filled in 10 minutes. Fast forward a month. Yesterday I called to get my ** refill because it wasn’t showing up online. I had picked it up in November and had 2 refills. I was ask when I needed it and I said a couple of days will be fine.

This morning I get a call from Walmart stating they NO LONGER fill certain meds when other meds are involved and he’s sorry. He did tell me I might want to see if another pharmacy would transfer and fill it elsewhere. I called Kroger because I have prescription that are cheaper than at Walmart to see if they can transfer it over and I haven’t heard anything back as of yet. After learning this I looked up the med which I’ve been taking for at least 2-3 years and it says not to stop suddenly due to withdrawal, possible seizure or coma. So does anyone else feel like maybe they should have called prior to me running out so my dr could possibly advise on other choices of meds & I could wean off of the **? If I have issues I will be consulting an attorney! If no one will fill patients have the right to know in advance so they won’t be faced with withdrawal. Had no clue it had those side effects!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I have used Walmart for yrs. This week the Pharm refused to fill my Rx until he rec'd the diagnosis from the MD. Note they have been filling same dose for last 5 mos. No consideration of withdrawal, no assessment of symptoms. My MD basis my medication doses on not just my Rx, but also my symptoms. He refused to ever fill a script for me again because I asked him if he would just start writing my scripts. Why pay for MD visit if pharmacist can do it?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I have been to multiple Walmart Pharmacies to fill my prescriptions. I've been very upfront about needing my medication to be name brand and not the generic versions. The generic version they give me is so bad that I might as well not be taking it at all. My scripts have the DAW order specially written on it by my physician. Walmart continuously ignores this order and my requests. I'm afraid if I don't accept the generic medication they try to give me instead, I won't be able to get my script back and will be left without medication of any kind. The one time I checked my medication during the consult and brought up the DAW order, I was told I had to take the generic version or I was not getting any medication and not getting my script back. I don't know what to do at this point. I may need to start videotaping the entire interaction even though I find this incredibly annoying and rude to do to somebody.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Walmart pharmacy Homosassa Fl is a nightmare. Current example for antibiotic called in by my Doctor. First claimed she never called in this med - I have her voicemail confirming the time & location she did phone RX, second I had the on-call Dr call back to get this antibiotic - they claimed they rec'd the call but could not fill RX because they didn’t get the Doctor's first name??!! WTH. Third - just called. Pharmacist glibly replies “NOPE, no antibiotic has been filled“. On my way to the ER!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I've been a regular customer of the main store for years, my parents have been Rx customers their entire lives - a few weeks ago I went to pick up my mom's prescriptions for her. She has crippling arthritis and can't get around well, so she needed me to pick them up. Not only did they not have her scripts ready, but they had NO record of the phone call that they had made the week prior telling her she needed a refill. And then the pharmacist argued that she had no prescriptions ready and that everything related to her pain and mental health were too soon to fill.

Fast forward to today, I decide to take my own mental health prescriptions there - because I have to use GoodRX, I have no insurance, and Walmart was listed as the lowest price. I was treated like a druggie the second I handed my prescription to the tech. The pharmacist quizzed me on why I needed my medication and stated that if I got it filled there once, I'd have to have it filled there from here on out. Not just that, but I was also forced to have ALL of my prescriptions from other pharmacies transferred in. I have to use different pharmacies because prices vary so much but the ones I was using were relatively affordable. Walmart's prices are outrageous on some of my meds but now I have no choice because I need my meds each month.

It was completely unethical to force a transfer of all meds. It's not even about the pharmacist being a complete heel - he had no right to hold my meds over my head. I wish I had said no, but if I did I was literally afraid he'd call every pharmacy in the area and tell them not to fill for me. He had that attitude. I'm not some junkie, Walmart. I'm just a guy that suffers from severe anxiety and major depression. I need my meds so I can function at all. What I don't need is to feel threatened by a pharmacist. I used to work as a pharmacy tech for another company - if any of our pharmacists ever talked or treated a customer like my mother or I had been treated, that would be it. You can try to help all you want with the real threats like opioid addiction, but for Christ's sake just let the rest of us try to live our miserable lives.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I have been filling my family's prescriptions since the opening of the Fairfax, VA Walmart and we get my husband's 5 heart medications, my asthma medication and my dogs degenerative old age medications. We spend over $1000 per month at the Fairfax Walmart. My husband went this evening to fill a prescription my dentist wrote at 4:00 PM and the pharmacist respectfully told him he would not fill the prescription and would not tell him why. This is both an inconvenience and a negative shopping experience.

The prescription was for 20 **. I realize there is a lot of news regarding opiates lately and I agree with the whole concept. However, not knowing why the pharmacist would not fill the prescription is not acceptable in my opinion. I am a 57 year old professional woman and I don't understand why they have no problem filling the $300 per prescription items but a much less expensive medication they refuse to fill without an explanation. I would like another avenue to pursue this complaint...somewhere I will get a response from. Possibly it is Walmart policy to allow the pharmacist to make such a judgment call and if so I object unless there is a reason and a clear way to dispute and resolve the issue.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Up until 3 months ago, I have had no issues filling my prescriptions at the Wal-Mart in Cookeville, TN. Suddenly, they are refusing to fill them. They stated they needed to know "WHY" I took one of my medications. I explained... In front of other customers in a public setting, which is uncalled for. Then they said they needed to speak to my Dr. to verbally hear why and verify the rx with them. They called, my Dr. verified I have a degenerative issue in my spine and have been on controlled low doses of pain medication to allow normal function. I also cash pay for my medication, however they tried to advise I need a prior authorization. To which I asked if I am Cash paying, no insurance, how was I supposed to get a PA? One week later, 39 phone calls and a complaint filed with Wal-Mart corporate and I was able to receive my medication.

Fast forward to the following month... I completed the process that I was given by the pharmacy previously which was supposed to ensure flawless rx filling. Again they said they had no record of speaking to my Dr. So we jump thru the hoops for 3 days, finally I get the call my medication is ready for pick up... I drive 45 miles to the pharmacy, only to find all are NOT ready. Because a NEW policy was in effect which prohibits the filling of an anxiety medication, pain medication and medication for deep muscle spasms for a customer. Again they spoke to my PCP, my spine specialist as well as my mental health provider, confirming the need for all 3.

They declined to fill all 3 and made me choose the 2 that I wanted. In tears in public at the register. I had to choose between my mental health medication, my pain medication for my spinal and sacral issues and my muscle spasm medication... All while being told... Again in public, by a technician that it was because someone could overdose. When I explained that not if taking the medication as advised and in the lowest doses possible to maintain my health, again I was told, loudly, they would not fill x, y and z together. Using the names. Loud enough for the huge line to hear my health issues and medications.

So I chose... Anxiety medication and pain medication after speaking with my specialist as to what would cause the least harm. Let me say, all of these are medications that you are to wean down from over time, yet 3 months in a row, I have been abruptly cut off from my medication to the detriment of my health and safety. Now we are on month 3. Again, I felt I had followed the processes from both the first month and second month with issues as outlined by the pharmacy... It is now 4 days since I have dropped my prescriptions off to be refilled. Still, I am waiting. On phone call number 12 to the pharmacy and my different specialists to try and figure out what hoop to jump thru next, even after dropping medications to avoid being accused of attempting to overdose, or trying to get more medication than I need.

I have been treated like a drug seeker, a liar, publicly reprimanded and spoken down to rudely by one pharmacist in particular as well as several technicians at this location. When did Wal-Mart Corporation become a physician, a mental health professional, a spinal specialist? When did they supersede a medical doctor? Corporate is not equipped to manage MY health... Is not educated in a way as to determine MY medical needs. They are not doctors. Sadly, the only other option is another large chain retail store for me. Their policies are no better. If you have other options, please use them. And avoid the embarrassing belittling experience Wal-Mart Pharmacy is providing its clientele.

It is as if they feel they are God. These policies affect thousands and thousands of people using their services... To the detriment of everyone's health. My spinal specialist confirmed this is a huge safety and health issue and are at a loss as everything changes with no notification. Wal-Mart can send me hundreds of emails a day on sales and changes in stores, but not once have either myself, any other client I know or my specialist received any notice of change in these policies or an adequate reason why. It disgusts me. Today, I lay in bed all but crippled, because of this company. Shame. Shame on them.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I am a new customer at the Geer Rd, Walmart in Turlock, I recently changed insurance and was advised to use them. My Doctor sent 3 new Rxs in. Two were filled. One was not my pain meds. When I went to pick up my Rxs I was first told that it was too soon for the pain med to be filled. I advised that it was a new one and past due. I was sent over to discuss reason for delay. I was told that the Pharmacist thought it was a mistake and chose to not fill it. I explained that it was not an error. Then I was told they had to get the diagnosis and reason for Rx. I went back again. This I was told that it was a controlled substance and they had to call Doctor for info. I called again and was told that they had not received the info, therefore it was not filled. I explained that I was in pain and needed the meds.

Pharmacist was rude and disrespectful. I waited again another day then called my Doctor who has been prescribing this medicine for the last 2 years and knew the procedures. The Dr's office informed me that they had indeed given them the right info, but would call and give it to them again. I received a call from my Dr. the next morning and was told that the Pharmacy had been given the info and the Rx should be filled right away. I waited until 5:30 that evening to call and check for Rx. But was told that the Rx would not be filled until around 11:00 the following day. I won't continue to get my Rxs at Walmart even though it is going to cost me more.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

After 15 years of having my husband's prescriptions filled at the Walmart Pharmacy on Church Road, Kansas City. I was publicly shamed by the pharmacist on duty for his pain relief medication. He proceeded to belittle me, asking me 'what was wrong with my husband' and that 'he's on too much pain medication, he needs to go back to his doctor and get tapered'. I looked at him in shock, what gives a pharmacist the right to give medical advice? I shouldn't have, but being caught off guard, I tried to politely explain that he has a broken/fractured spine, and that if he looked at his record, he can see that my husband already has done his best to reduce his pain medication, going from three (including **) down to 1 MEDICATION!

He proceeded to lecture me, and I stopped him in his tracks and asked for my prescriptions back and that I will go elsewhere. I am so upset about being degraded in front of other customers about my husband's private information and his current health. When did the pharmacists get the 'God Complex' to suddenly administer medical advice and scolding? I took all prescriptions from Walmart, including my prescriptions. After 15 years, they will no longer have my business.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I have gone the 4436 pharmacy twice, both times the pharmacy tech cannot locate my prescription. The doctor maintains that he sent the prescription twice. The tech cannot find it. The Doctor resent while I was at the pharmacy and the tech still could not find it. The doctor's office then sent me a confirmation that they sent it to store 4436. The pharmacist on duty never wanted to get involved.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

This review is about the Walmart pharmacy in Gardnerville, Nevada. After receiving an email saying my husband's medicine was ready to be picked up I went into the pharmacy. There was a very long line. I thought about walking out and coming back later but my husband was in the car waiting and he was in pain and needed his medicine. He has only been home from the hospital a short time. When I finally got up to the counter the clerk who was very rushed told me they didn't have any prescriptions for my husband. When I got home I called Walmart. They said that they did have a prescription ready for him. I told them what just happened when I went to pick it up and they said it must have been a computer glitch. My husband is very sick. Mistakes like these make our lives even harder. What this means is I will have to get my ill husband back in the car and run down to Walmart for a second time.

I don't like leaving him alone at this point. The clerk was so emphatic she didn't want to double check to make sure she didn't make a mistake. The line was very long and they had to wait on the next customer. All of my husband's doctors use this place and it will be an effort to change to another one. I just can't get that woman's voice out of my head, there's no medicine here for your husband. Move along so we can wait on the next customer. My husband was in the car waiting that whole time and then I had to go out and tell him they didn't have his medicine.

And I noticed the same person who told me that they had no medicine for my husband also did the same thing to another man ahead of me in line. She raised her voice too like, "You better not question what I am saying." It was awkward but now I wish I would have asked for the manager. I will find another place for my husband's medications after this. If they make mistakes like this it means they are making other ones. Also I don't think they care.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

On 9/24/18 I asked pharmacy if I could get my flu and pneumonia shots there at Deptford NJ location. The pharmacist, Peter seemed confused, calling me to the front, then back then again. I had my 91 yr old mother with me, and she even noticed it was a little strange. Finally, Peter the pharmacist administered the needles straight forward into my shoulder bone, not off to the side. He commented, it had to go into the muscle and that air got in??? That was about 3pm by 6pm, my entire shoulder blew up, I was in severe pain, I called him and he said takes about 3 days take **.

All during eve severe pain tender to touch from my shoulder to fingertips. 2am I phoned my primary, who told me to go to ER, and to take **. After that, profuse vomiting, and pain, by 4am I went to Kennedy Hospital. My white count was high, hooked me to IVs, muscle relaxers, antibiotics, pain med, nausea meds, Finally discharged, with scripts (antibiotics and steroids). Practically all my life had these needles, never where they were given, and never experienced such severe pain and burning.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

To be fair, my initial 2 prescription transaction with the Central Ave., Toledo, OH, Wal-Mart Pharmacy, was just fine. My recent and third experience, on Tuesday evening (10/2/18) was most unacceptable. He is my story: I called the Wal-Mart Pharmacy at 4 something p.m. on 10/2 to assure that they had received the needed prescriptions from my eye doctor. The lady affirmed the script was available, and said it would be ready for my pick-up by 6 p.m. We arrived at the pharmacy counter at 7:45, and I was told by the pleasant lady that is was not ready yet. She apologized. This cashier offered that... "we were horribly busy today". I was told to return within 15 minutes or so and also assured it would be ready then. I was admonished to return to her before the pharmacy closed at 9 p.m. I then returned a half an hour later, at which time I was informed that my prescription was ready for pick-up, and told also how much it would cost.

As the cashier lady turned around and asked the pharmacist as to the whereabouts of my order, the pharmacist barely looked up from her keyboard and said, "it is on back order". Stunned by the delivery of her cold declaration and lack of further explanation, I then inquired as to why I was not told of this by any of the contacts prior to now, and the pharmacist said, "we are short staffed". I went on to ask her when more product would be available and she abruptly said "possibly Thursday". Within a moment or two, the pharmacist typed some more and blurted out, "it's on back order and I can't tell you when or if it might be available". She never offered to contact another pharmacy. She never offered to call me if more product might come in in...

She was most indifferent to my plight and need for this important eye medication. Clearly, her only interest was to terminate any further conversation with me. Finally, I concluded by asking her how I might avoid such confusion in the future, but her annoyance with me became most obvious. Her detachment precluded any further discussion and she simply walked away and back to her keyboard. This Wal-Mart pharmacy fulfillment process was very sloppy and the pharmacist was entirely unprofessional. By the way, I am not only a patient, I am a licensed physician.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Like the reviews before me I had a very distasteful incident today. My husband was released from hospital after a full foot reconstruction. I dropped off the prescriptions and was to come back in an hour. I actually went back 3 hours later and was told they could not fill the pain pill without the doctor's verbal consent. They told me he wasn’t responding to their call. So I called the office and they paged him. After 25 minutes he responded however we had another issue. Apparently Walmart has set new guidelines and will not fill the dosage of pain pill my husband will need for his foot.

They actually asked the doctor to reduce the dosage and he said no as he knows what my husband will need. Why in the world was this not told to me right away, and who does decide what my husband will and will not need!! Walmart you need to review your guidelines on pain pills. We are in our 70s and there are some exclusions to your policy. Also you should not tell your pharmacists if they omit to your policy they could be fired. Walmart should be about helping people not treating them like dogs!!! Very disgusted.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Almost a year ago I went to pick up my prescription at pharmacy in Hazel Dell Vancouver Washington. As I was waiting I got talked into the flu shot and ammonia shot. Against my better judgment I still got it anyway, wish I never would’ve. The pharmacist said it ministered it. She put the desk on my arm look like a little Band-Aid with a clear window, she told me she was going to give me one shot before the other student want to hurt him more. So she gave me the first one that was supposed to hurt the worst. That was fine. No problem. She gave me the second one which I’m pretty sure it’s the flu shot and I came about 12 inches off the chair. It hurt so bad immediately and there was tingling in my fingers all the way up the back of my head and I said I didn’t feel right. Something is wrong.

I got told to walk around and see how I feel if it goes away. I went back and I told him that it did not go away. I went home and when I woke up in the morning I was in such pain I would of much rather go through hard labor and childbirth. I had no use of my arm and my hand. I lost the use of my arm and hand for six months. I did go to a urgency care and they couldn’t tell me nothing, now because I have incompetent doctors I had to rehabilitate it myself and a year later they’re finally doing something about my arm. At this point in time I still do not have full use of my arm or hand. I can’t even cross my fingers on my right hand. I am seeking a good attorney. I am damaged for life and they're not getting away with it.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

My doctor’s office called in a recurring medication for me. Hours later, I received no word from the pharmacy that it was ready. I called the pharmacy myself and was placed on hold. One of the ladies got on and said that although they called it in, they need to verify with them why I was taking it since I hadn’t been prescribed before. I let her know that I had and that I’ve filled it there before to which she replied “snobbish” and asked why. I let her know that they were for mouth ulcers. She asked how long had I had Them to which I told her, "For 13 years."

She said, “Well I need To verify the condition with the doctor First because they have you on nothing else to treat it” to which I replied That if she looks in the system, she would see that I’ve been on medication to treat it for years as well. She got quiet and attempted to stumble upon a reply. I calmly told her to do what she had to do and call my doctor in the morning although she had already spoken with them and also let her know that it would be best if I had Them switch it to a pharmacy in my hometown since I was Leaving out of town over the weekend.

She said that she was sorry to which I replied No she’s not and she said, “You’re right, I’m not.” I once Again let her know to call the doctor in the morning and have a good day and hung up. Not only am I completely dissatisfied with the service and will be switching pharmacies, but I happen to be really good friends with the manager at the pharmacy and the entire store director and they’ve been notified of her actions and have already began taking actions of their own against the service I received.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I got a text on 9/9/2018 that my prescription was ready. That was Sunday, I forgot to go on Monday 9/10/2018. The store closed because of Florence (the hurricane) 9/11/2018 until 9/16/2018. I went to pick it up and they had put it back. They didn't even wait one day before putting it back after just opening today.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Having used this pharmacy for years because I trusted them to charge fairly, I found out this week how wrong I was. This pharmacy is 25 miles from where I live. My daughter had picked up one of my husband's prescriptions for me on Tuesday as she was in town... I am 84 years old and my husband has only a few weeks to live. They charged her $129.45. I called the next day, explaining that I had checked in my little town of 2,000 folks and the local pharmacy would charge $27.00 for exactly the same thing! So I asked to return the one I can't really afford. They agreed, seeing as it had not even been taken out of the original WalMart bag.

Well, my daughter and I went back yesterday and I was treated so rudely and they refused to take the unopened prescription back. I was told I could I could speak to the manager for that department, however, he was in a different part of the store. No, they did not page him. We could return at 4:30. We did and he had already left for home. After the thousands of dollars expended at this place of business, I would have thought I would have been treated more respectfully. Sadly, I will have to continue to use them for their better prices on other drugs, but I will have the doctor's script from now on so I can compare prices beforehand.

Walmart expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Walmart operates in-store and online pharmacies in most of its supercenter stores. Its pharmacies provide customers with discount brand name and generic prescriptions for consumers or their pets. Prescription refills are easy and they offer home delivery for medications, including pet medicine.

• Prescription refills: Customers can refill prescriptions with Walmart’s online pharmacy by either logging into their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkout involves entering a date of birth and the prescription number located on the label. Seven prescriptions can be refilled at once. Walmart also has a $4 generic prescription list available for online ordering.

• Home delivery: Walmart provides online pricing, ordering and delivery on 90-day prescriptions. Consumers can call a toll-free number to place an order for delivery or log in to their online account. Delivery is free for standard five- to seven-day shipping, $8 for second-day delivery and $15 for overnight delivery. Payments must be made by credit card.

• Mobile pharmacy app: Consumers can download the Walmart app to manage their prescription orders, transfer prescriptions, see the $4 prescription list and place guest refills from the app 24/7. The app is available for Apple and Android devices.

• Pet medications: Customers with veterinary-prescribed medications can get them filled at Walmart in-store or online. Consumers can use the mobile app for a quick and easy way to fill pet prescriptions.

• Specialty pharmacy: Walmart's specialty pharmacy consists of a team of pharmacists, nurses and insurance experts to help consumers with special treatment plans achieve their treatment goals. It helps treat numerous diseases such as cancer, anemia, HIV/AIDS and cystic fibrosis. The specialty pharmacy offers online ordering, free temperature-controlled overnight shipping and reimbursement insurance claim assistance.

• Accreditation: Walmart Pharmacy is accredited by the URAC for its specialty pharmacy services and also holds accreditation by VIPPS for general pharmacy practices.

• Best for: consumers needing specialty pharmacy services and a wide range of discounted prescription medications.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs