1.41/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 17, 2018

1073 Wal-Mart Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 17, 2018

This is my horrible experience with Walmart Pharmacy at 5302 North Garland Ave., Garland Texas 75044, on April/16/2018. This morning after my visit of my doctor, he faxed all my prescriptions to the above pharmacy. After two hours I went to Walmart, I was told that the medications shall be ready until one P.M, so I went back until 2.30 P.M, to make sure it is ready for me. This time I was told it is still not ready & was asked to wait another 10 minutes. Afterward, it is another wait for 10 more minutes, so on & so on. Eventually, I had to leave for my wife who is in the hospital. Walmart is the worse pharmacy I ever experienced. If you don't mind to stuck into a situation of an endless waiting for your prescriptions. Go Ahead & wish you luck!

Original review: March 28, 2018

To make a very long story short, following several months, well no, years of unprofessional service I finally decided to voice my concerns with corporate. I was assured that the situation would be dealt with. Unfortunately I believed this. Recently when I called to ask a question the person I spoke with wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise, we were going nowhere as we were now raising OUR voices, so I hung up. The individual actually called me back within minutes and told me to never come into that pharmacy again as I wasn't welcomed there and hung up!! Can you say Human Rights issue? This store in Niagara Falls NY has the most ignorant, non-professionals that one can EVER imagine. STAY AWAY, many other stores nearby with comparable prices.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2018

After moving to Bonham Tx from Allen Tx at Kroger's and believing Walmart would work okay for my pharmacy needs I was unfortunately disappointed. I brought in all of my prescription bottles so they could see the drug, date last filled, mg size and prescribing doctor. Several times they had several trainees on during the same shift the service was slow and inadequate while looking for my only to be surprised when the pharmacist said they could not fill it since they were going to lunch. I had never had this poor of pharmacy service until I discovered what they did next.

Just for facts my PCP referred me to my pain management clinic, knew my cardiologist and Gastrointestinal doctors for 4 years and received lab reports from them. Even though this was the story and Walmart had been told of my health issues they called my PCP to inform her that I was receiving controlled meds from several doctors. The issue is, my PCP prescribed my anti-anxiety and the pain doctor prescribed my pain drugs.

I'm on the lowest amount of pain meds that a patient can take and still get relief and one antianxiety pill a day. I battle depression and am in counseling trying to get relief. Due to the pharmacy's blatant act of misinformation my PCP became nervous and worried about being turned into the DEA so changed my meds even changing one to longer acting which causes lethargy throughout the day and causes more depression. The days of so many hands in the pie of each patient has now messed up the entire system. I am so disappointed in what the govt has done due to back alley illegal drug sales that I believe I'm just another victim of those selling drugs on our street corners.

Original review: March 20, 2018

On March 7th, I went to the Walmart at 3829 US Hwy 77 in Corpus Christi Texas. I went to the pharmacy there to pick up two prescriptions called in by my doctor. The clerk that waited on me was rude and would not listen to me. I told her I had two prescriptions to pick up and I gave her my name and date of birth. After she checked, she came back and insisted that I had 3 prescriptions to pick up. I told her no that there was only two and she argued and said that the doctor must of added a generic and besides it was in with my other medicine. She was rude of course and told me I had to take all of them and that the extra prescription was on five dollars. So to cut down on the conflict from her, I paid for them and left. I took the meds when I got home for my nightly dosage and got sick and sat back and passed out.

When I woke up, I walked over to check what I had taken and the 3rd med was not even in my name. What I had taken was a muscle relaxer. It interacted badly with my other regular medications. I have reported this to the corporate office and the Texas Board of Pharmacy. I've not heard back from anyone on the matter except the pharmacist that filled the order, demanding that I bring it back. My next report will be to the FDA I guess. Whatever the case, you can't trust their pharmacy because they will give out anything just to suit them. I will never go there again and I advise that you don't either.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Walmart Pharmacy- Daphne, AL. My wife and I went to this pharmacy today to get my prescription of ** filled. The woman pharmacist refused to fill it. When we asked her why she said "that was her preferred judgment". Asked her to explain it. She refused. We then went to the assistant Manager, Julia. She said there was nothing she could do. Since I have been doctoring since 1992 (since I broke my back and have been exposed to Agent Orange) including but not limited to: orthopedic surgeon, neurosurgeon, family doctor and now a pain doctor and given different medications and am now on **. I am positive this pharmacist who is employed by Walmart has violated my civil rights by denying not to fill my prescription even though I am also 100% disabled vet. I have every intention of filing a lawsuit and hope more customers also file.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: March 14, 2018

Wal-Mart is convenient and is probably the main reason I use them. They carry the medicines I use and the co-pay is cheap. Reorders are easy via phone or online. I travel a lot and getting refills in different states is easy. I have had no issues using War-Mart Rx.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Just left the doctor's office. Was prescribed 10mg of ** once a day. Picked up my medication. Went home. Ate supper. Popped a pill. As I looked at the bottle which stated 20 mg of ** cut in half take once a day. Well why would you do that to a person who reads a prescription bottle when they just left the doctor's office and she told you how to take this pill. This was an awful experience. I have anxiety which is why I'm taking **. I had an awful night and am having an awful day. Side effects are amazing. No one should have to go through this. Do not trust. Read and now do we trust what's in the bottle if it is the drug it's supposed to be. Very bad experience and you wonder why I didn't read it why should I. Left the doctor's office 10 minutes ago talking about this drug that I'm going to take.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I understand the epidemic of opioids but everyone should not be accused of abusing meds! I have been taking ** for more than three years and have had this issue numerous times! I am out of medication which I SHOULD NOT JUST STOP! Walmart never called my doctor! I sent them an email and yet I went to pick up my script and it was not filled! They also tried to blame the doctor! They now have a policy at this store in Norwich, NY that they REFUSE TO FILL MY SCRIPT UNTIL 30 days add ER last fill/refill! This is causing me so much stress and aggravation! I have been without my meds, even though my insurance would accept filling the script a couple days prior to 30 days! Why is Walmart policing my doctor-prescribed medication that’s I HAVE NO HISTORY OF ABUSING! They literally stated “they were the addiction police,”. What on earth is happening! If I lose a pill I am out of luck and considered an abuser!

Walmart has no right to determine when I should get my meds if my Doctor approves the script and the insurance will fill/refill a couple days prior to expiration of last refill! They told me to GO TO THE ER BECAUSE OF THEIR NEGLIGENCE AND INCOMPETENCE! No wonder why, as a chronically ill person, my medical bills are astronomical AND I HAVE INSURANCE! Please explain to me how Walmart can arbitrarily refuse to provide necessary meds when there would be no illegality or repercussions! I have to drive top miles to this Walmart and my doctor even place a note on my chart that this script can and should be refilled! I have been without my medication for days now and request you contact Walmart’s Pharmacists at the Norwich store to remedy this continual problem. Causing me tremendous stress!

Original review: March 8, 2018

Why is it that when you pay for your script you have to go stand in another line so the pharmacist can bag it. What the hell is this. Stand in line to get script then pay then stand in another line while pharmacist takes it out of the bag then puts it back in the bag. What a waste of my time. First I was told it was a state law. LIE. Then it was Walmart policy. Who make this policy. I refuse to go to another line and raise holy hell till they give me my script.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Walmart Pharmacy Johnsburg, IL - I have been filling my prescription at Walmart for years, I take ** for anxiety. My doctor does NOT provide refills so I have to physically go into the office every month to get a prescription. Brought the script in the same day doc wrote it like I've done for years, the staff told me my insurance declined to fill it as it was 4 days early.

Talked to insurance and it was not submitted so pharmacy LIED. Then they told me the computer wouldn't fill it, well, computer has filled it this way for years so another lie, bottom line, they have a new pharmacist (wouldn't tell me the name) who has been hassling people on refills. She has decided since script was filled last 2/9 to hold it until 2/8 even though it is a NEW script the doc just wrote. Seeing doc every month allows them to know how often it's filled. If they felt it was too early they wouldn't have written it, pharmacist continually takes it upon herself to play doctor and decline not just mine but other people's as well. Will be leaving Walmart pharmacy AND shopping center as it is no longer convenient and I don't like being lied to and having a pharmacist doctor wannabe override my personal doctor's prescription!

Original review: March 3, 2018

1 Day post op and I called to ask about a medication. They hang up on me. They are rude and lack compassion. Anybody can work in the medical field and learn from a textbook... But you need compassion while dealing with patients.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I have transferred two prescriptions to two other pharmacies. The most recent was for a refill of a drug I use when symptoms set in. I have insurance. The price for six of these pills at Walmart was $42.00 for six pills. I asked if there was a generic replacement. Their answer was NO. I left the store, went home and researched the pill I am taking and guess what? There is a generic for it. The next surprise came when I went online and found a discount card thru Walgreens for $82.50 for 30 pills making it $2.75 per pill versus $6.08 per pill. I had my prescription transferred to Walgreens. Went back to Walmart and showed them my receipt from Walgreens and they countered with 36.50 for 6 pills.

This is a lot of trouble to get the correct information and pricing. Taking into consideration the trouble my doctor has to go thru to switch pharmacies and there you have the problem and complete waste of time and money. Thank goodness I am healthy enough to pursue getting a fair deal. I am thinking of the sick and disabled and wonder what is happening to them. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK AND RESEARCH ALL YOUR PRESCRIPTIONS FOR PRICING AND GENERIC ALTERNATIVES!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I have logged in innumerable times to this site. All I wanted this time was a printout of my 2017 subscription purchases. But suddenly, I get "Walmart has instituted a new level of security to protect your identity." Okay, no problem right? I answer ALL the questions accurately -- date of birth, phone number, pin, etc. "We're sorry. You cannot access your account at this time. Please bring your ID to your local pharmacy and we will we glad to initiate access to your account." WHAT???

I called my pharmacy where they know my voice (my husband and I buy all our prescriptions there -- we account for 10% of their business, I am sure!) They call me by name but no, they cannot grant me access without my picture ID and signature. So I ask for the number of online technical support. I call and explain that I am miserably sick with a bad code and just need my 2017 report. They ask me all sorts of questions only I would know including a prescription number. Then they ask me the same for my husband's account.

She is satisfied. She says she will forward all my info to the people in charge of access and that I should hear from them within 5 business days. 5 BUSINESS DAYS!!! I want the report NOW! My frustration and anger knew no bounds. I have threatened to take our business elsewhere -- to Harris Teeter just down the road and much closer than Walmart. But my husband and I like the people at this pharmacy so I will give them one more chance. But the dumb bozo who, without any notice to me, put a "new level of security" on their pharmacy website should be fired.

The least they could do is have every pharmacy check-out person explain the situation and ask if the customer wants to initiate the access process WHILE THEY ARE STANDING RIGHT THERE!!! No, they wait for you to really need something from their website BEFORE they tell you about this "new security level." How stupid can they be. Can't they think through anything before making changes??? THINK LIKE A CUSTOMER and figure out how to make their Walmart experience EASIER instead of damn frustrating! If I could give you a minus 10 stars, I would.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

The pharmacy assistant at the register, Arvealetta, was rude and dismissive. She has been unprofessional on several occasions and continues to be so. For that reason, I have decided to remove my business from your pharmacy and will encourage my family and friends to do so if/when they encounter this woman's rudeness.

Today when I went to pick up my prescriptions, she rudely said to me, "The prescriptions were not ready. The pharmacist needs to read them, don't know when or how long it will take, so I will let her know you are here waiting," gonna take the next customer and motioned me to step aside. I said, "Well can you just ask her how long so I will know when to come back," she sad, "I already told you I don't know, next..." I said, "You can't just ask her..." just then the pharmacist, Nahimini, said softly, "It will just be about 5-10 mins," I turned to her and said, "Ok great, I will be back then."

Later when I came back to pick up the prescriptions she continued to talk loudly about me to another co-worker and by saying that lady right there. Have no problem if you want to talk to your coworkers about your experiences with clients, but this woman was blatantly doing this loudly so I could hear her and looking right at me. So that's when I went to the customer service desk where the manager said, "We don't control the pharmacy, they are a separate vendor," so I went to the pharmacy manager who just happened to be Nahimini, in which she tried to make excuses for her behavior. This would have been accepted if it was the first time but it wasn't. I'm actually praying for this woman in hopes she can see the way she is treating people and change her ways.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

The pharmacy had one of my prescriptions ready to go but it had to be held for a few days due to refill guidelines. The pharmacy admitted they took the script off the shelf and used to for another patient. When I went to pick up my medicine I was told they were out. This was Wednesday the 7th, after I told the pharmacy that was unacceptable they gave me 7 pills, and stated the rest would be in on Thursday. I called Thursday and they said it would be Friday. It is Friday now I am running out of my medicine and the pharmacy tech said it could be as late as Monday. The pharmacy didn’t even call me, I had to call them! I would like to know the legality and duty the pharmacy has to fulfill orders.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

My doctor electronically sent in a prescription. 1/30/18. I have enough until 2/7/18. These are 30 day scripts and I usually get it filled on that day. Here it is day 29 and they’ve had 10 days to order and they said it still didn’t come in. Very dangerous and unprofessional.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Bought generic ** at Walmart with Humana insurance. It cost 97.50. Could have gotten it at Kroger with just a good RX coupon for 51.00. Kroger is better every time. Finally I have figured it out. Walmart will rip you off.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I'm the sole caregiver for my grandparents and they use Walmart Pharmacy. For the past two years I have been taking care of them and also have the very unfortunate task of going to and dealing with Walmart. My grandfather only has a few prescriptions that only need refilled every once in a while, however my grandmother is a diabetic, along with having numerous other necessary medications. I am in the pharmacy at least once a week, if not, three or four times. I know that all but two of the employees in there are all completely clueless, including the pharmacist. Funny enough, the one employee who is the most ignorant and rude is the only one that doesn't have their certifications on the wall. Kind of makes me wonder.

Anyway, I am at my wit's end with them. They always call the house when a prescription is ready for pickup and give the cost, most of which is usually no charge. Yet when I go over to pick it up, lo and behold, there's a charge. It does me no good either way, because they won't ever listen to me, so I either have to pay and take my grandmother in later to get her money back, or just do without the medication and my grandmother has to take the time to call them and speak to one of the clowns working the pharmacy that the prescription does not cost anything. Anyway, this makes me livid because they are wasting my time and gas by having to drive in, go home empty handed and come back a second time and get the prescription.

When they aren't trying to take advantage of me and attempting to get me to pay for something that is free (probably assuming I'm some stupid young boy) they are refusing to either fill the prescription or refusing to have the prescription. They once refused to fill a prescription for EIGHT days. This was for no reason other than them wanting to be difficult. Not only that, but this was insulin. A new prescription for insulin. They tried to blame everyone under the sun but themselves, first the insurance company, then the doctor, then again the insurance, then her, then the doctor again. They never did claim responsibility for that, but they finally did fill it when she threatened to switch to a different pharmacy.

As I mentioned before, they call to inform of a prescription that is ready for pickup. Their new favorite thing to do is call, say a certain medication is ready for pickup at no charge. As I'm the only one driving, I have to go over there and pick it up. When I get there they either say it's not ready, or it is ready but for some reason (that they refuse to explain) they can't give me the prescription. I like to call them out on their **, and tell them that they literally just called and said it was ready. Once again, another unnecessary trip and more of my extremely valuable time wasted.

After realizing I could just use the drive thru, I started doing that. I absolutely hate having to go inside Walmart, and I shouldn't have to fight crowds just to get a prescription. I also despise having to even look at the people working in there, I hate all but two of them. They actually stopped screwing up everything when I started using the drive thru for the first four or five times. I think now they realized who I am without actually seeing my face, and they have been doing everything in their power to ensure I leave ** off. First it was refusing to give me the medications. Now it's make me 5 minutes when I hit the call button until someone even acknowledges me, saying "be right there", then not coming back, then another person saying "sorry, one moment", followed by another five minute wait before being helped. Then finally being helped, only to be told I can't pickup the prescription.

Oh and in the 20 minutes they have me waiting, helping every other person to use the second drive thru lane. I actually timed this, and from the moment the other cars pulled up, rang the call button, and drove off with their prescription was less than 4 minutes total. This place I'm pretty certain has a personal grudge with me, I know for a fact two of the employees do because they saw a post I made on social media in a community group page about some of the horrible experiences I've encountered, just trying to make the public aware of what really goes on here. These two definitely treat me with a ** poor attitude anytime I get stuck with them, the other employees aren't too bad (just clueless). It's really unnecessary for them (Walmart Pharmacy as a whole) to conduct themselves in this manner.

I don't know if they are doing this on purpose. I would have never had an issue with them if they could just do their job correctly. I'm tired of having to make multiple trips over to Walmart, and having to deal with these morons each time, because they keep messing up everything. I have counted and the last ten times I've been here, I've only had ONE time where they got everything right. A 10% rate is unacceptable. They need to be evaluated, I'm sure if the Delaware Board of Pharmacy saw how they really operate, they'd lose their license immediately.

I would highly recommend going to literally any other pharmacy, Walmart will never apologize to me for anything, because that would mean they'd have to admit they were in the wrong. Walmart doesn't care about your health, only your wallet. Anyway, I don't use Walmart Pharmacy myself. I've been trying my hardest to convince my grandmother to get her to switch her and my grandfather over to a different pharmacy. It really ticks me off that she continues to use a pharmacy that only see her as a dollar sign, in my opinion.

With a REAL pharmacy (such as CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, local small town pharmacy, etc.) they know you on a first name basis and are friendly, have your medication ready when they see you walk in, and if they mess up they apologize for the error and fix it. They don't try to rip you off, they don't call you and have you come in for a prescription that isn't ready, they don't play games. I would rate it at zero stars if that were an option. Don't be fooled by Walmart Pharmacy's cheap prices and generics, IT IS NOT WORTH THE HASSLE!!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

At the beginning of the new year I brought in my new Part D insurance cards to start using Walmart Pharmacy for the new year for 2018. At the time I did not have an Rx to fill but the gal at the pharmacy took the cards to put on file. Soon after my doctor called in an Rx and the pharmacy used my old Rx card to fill the Rx. I found this out before I went to pick up my meds and got it fixed with the pharmacy over the phone. When I went to pick up my meds they still had not used my new cards AND they implied that I gave them the wrong cards. They were beyond condescending... The pharmacist laughed at me and asked if I needed to have someone explain how this worked.

In addition, when I tried to tell her what had happened she kept talking over me. This is no way to treat a paying customer. The store manager told me to never come back to that Walmart. I reported them to the agency for Civil Rights and to Walmart Corporate. If it wasn't for my current insurance which is Humana Walmart I would switch to CVS in a heartbeat. I NEVER had problems with them. BEWARE OF WALMART if you want to be treated with respect. I wound up using Humana mail order which is cheaper anyway. In my opinion Walmart has little to no class and needs a course in customer service.

Resolution response: Dec. 22, 2017

Took 4 days resolve after went back. Staff actually called tech, he didn't notify because didn't hear back and since tried prior locked out, if locked out staff only one get unlocked. This guy very helpful. Once unlocked tonight finally works now, didn't even need do security. Saw must had issue my account they had fix since tech got whole info including email. Also so go staff tell them call tech. First day there half hour but eventually worked. I have too many addresses and probably can't delete. Might been another issue. Wish could delete all those though.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I even went Wal-Mart, staff tried helping numerous ways when he called tech. He said be fixed today. Well wasn't so now gotta go in tomorrow. I can't even view my prescriptions if expired or not. If not fixed this week I'm transferring all. They should least had way cancel account, get new and still meds on file so if my info exactly matches pharmacy something wrong. They shouldn't gone live if kinks weren't fixed like staff said. My issue first he's seen, other people had simple solution. Mine even shows address never lived up, least one and very old addresses. They should have way delete as even though change reverts back old next time try so think that's kink. Other places never had this security so why Walmart since many use?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Walmart Pharmacy App is pretty well broke. I send in a refill... They say it is not received! I can't access My Pharmacy to see the scripts available to me...because of fraud concerns! I requested access but they blocked me! Their response: "We received your request to access your Walmart Pharmacy account but unfortunately some of the information did not match what we have on file. To protect your healthcare information, we have a strict online validation process that guards against fraud. We know this can be an inconvenience for some customers, especially when information does not match and we are unable to immediately grant access.

"A solution is here! Beginning November 17th you will be able to show your photo ID at the Pharmacy counter and, after confirming your identity, the associate will add Pharmacy access to your Walmart account. In the meantime, please refill as a guest online or call your local Walmart Pharmacy to refill over the phone. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Yeah - about that... I rarely pick up my own meds. My husband does that and when I asked about access to the Online Pharmacy (on the rare occasion that I get to pick up my own meds) because I was being locked out, my Pharmacist had no idea what I was talking about! Next thing that will happen is that my husband can't pick up my medicine because they can't verify he's my husband! And GOD FORBID that "someone unverifiable" takes home my meds...which is for Migraines! I am seriously thinking of switching Pharmacies. We only chose Walmart because it was close to my husband's work. It may be time for my family to change to a reliable local Pharmacy that is not a corporate box store but only a Pharmacy that focuses specifically on the needs of its customers instead of seeing how far they can push them and have them stick around!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

The Walmart pharmacy in Yuba City California, think that everybody that uses an high dosage of ** is a drug addict. They accused me of being a drug addict and I am misusing my medication. I am a leukemia survivor in remission with side effects. I have arthritis in my ankles, neck, back, wrist, and hands. The head pharmacist have no right to tell my new pharmacy that I transfer to, that I am a drug addict.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

They have no Quality Assurance (QA) in processing their online orders. Most of the time their system is broken. If you order a refill that requires a new prescription from the doctor, the transaction is removed from an online status and moved to a manual status. Once there, even after the new prescription is received, they do not process it automatically. Instead, if you signed up for telephone notifications they are suppose to call you and verify that you actually want the drug. Of course if you did not sign up for notifications, the transaction is put on hold. So, after you run out and call them, then they try to process it, but the manual data they have does not match what is in the online system, so all their data (credit card info) is outdated and the transaction fails. Again if you're not signed up for notifications the transaction is put on hold again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

As I Cyber Security threat researcher and a Customer of Wal-Mart I was very disturbed that one of your Pharmacy Technicians chose to post a screenshot of her work computer on Facebook. The Facebook post clearly shows the Name, Address, Phone Number, DEA Prescription #, and the DEA authorization # of four patients. Posting confidential Personal Identifying Information (PII) is a clear violation of Federal Law as stated by HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996). The Pharmacy Technician's name is: Rebecca ** and appears to work in the Federal Way, Washington State area. Her post can be seen: ** Under “Saw a little piece of home today”.

Working in Cyber Security I am especially aware of the growing epidemic of identity Theft. What steps are being taking by Walmart to train their Pharmacy Technicians about the danger of posting customers' PII in public forums like Facebook? What steps if any can ensure this Pharmacy Technician does not engage in this type of risky behavior? Frequently I teach classes on Cyber Security and will be using this post (and Walmart's resolution on this matter) in my ongoing curriculum. However I will take the common sense approach and Digitally Redact and PPI.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Went online like I always have to view my pharmacy orders. Walmart has instituted a new log in that requires a security code. After signing up and logging in, it tells you that you must sign in as a guest and pick up your medications at your local pharmacy. THIS IS AN ONLINE PHARMACY. There is no local Walmart for me to pick up prescriptions and I didn't want to order anything - just view my account. The customer service department I called says they are aware of the issue but they can't give me any information about my account due to privacy issues. It could also take up to 2 days for them to contact me. So, let me get this straight. I can't access my medications online and Walmart can't either. And I have to wait until they get around to me in order to figure it out! This will undoubtedly turn into a major legal issue for Walmart down the line. I hope they get their crap together because this is completely unacceptable.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

This is the second time Wal-Mart Pharmacy has withheld my medication unless I give them medical information. It isn't even the pharmacist who is asking the information. It is an employee in a smock. I just saw my primary care physician and they called in the medication for me. It is a topical cream. I have been on it for 3 years and suddenly they are refusing to refill my prescription unless I answer medical questions.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Today was the 2nd time Walmart has been OUT of my medications (**)... And they tried to give me a $50 ** instead of the $10 (3 month) one when they finally came in. I refused so they took it back and gave me the $10 one. When I asked what the difference was, they said they changed manufacturers for the $4 and $10 pills. They're still out of **, it's been about 2 weeks. I asked why, they said they're very busy and having trouble keeping up.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I am a 60 year old disabled man who has been getting my pain medication at Walmart for almost 2 years and they decided they would no longer fill it without any concern for my pain, basically saying, "Tough luck," with no empathy. I really believe they could care less about your health are wellness. It's all about profits.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

For the last two months my Dr has got me in a few days early so when I left they put my medicine on file. I was told that they would be filled on a certain day so I go expecting to pick up when I get there. They then tell me they're out of stock!!! Now by this time I'm completely out of my meds and now they're saying they have to order... This doesn't make sense to me. Hey Wal-Mart wake up, get off your butts and do your jobs!!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Beware. You get what you pay for. Went there to save money on my prescriptions. I don't understand how can they not have your order ready after you get a email. Then they have no record of me placing my order online. Had to go back to the window to re-order them again and after waiting for a very long time I go up to see if they are ready and no one was even working on them or received my order yet again they asked me DID you order them. I just told them forget it I will go somewhere else. They really need to get their crap together. And we trust these people with our lives. Let's hope that they never have a huge mistake that will cost someone their life!!!

Walmart expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Walmart operates in-store and online pharmacies in most of its supercenter stores. Its pharmacies provide customers with discount brand name and generic prescriptions for consumers or their pets. Prescription refills are easy and they offer home delivery for medications, including pet medicine.

• Prescription refills: Customers can refill prescriptions with Walmart’s online pharmacy by either logging into their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkout involves entering a date of birth and the prescription number located on the label. Seven prescriptions can be refilled at once. Walmart also has a $4 generic prescription list available for online ordering.

• Home delivery: Walmart provides online pricing, ordering and delivery on 90-day prescriptions. Consumers can call a toll-free number to place an order for delivery or log in to their online account. Delivery is free for standard five- to seven-day shipping, $8 for second-day delivery and $15 for overnight delivery. Payments must be made by credit card.

• Mobile pharmacy app: Consumers can download the Walmart app to manage their prescription orders, transfer prescriptions, see the $4 prescription list and place guest refills from the app 24/7. The app is available for Apple and Android devices.

• Pet medications: Customers with veterinary-prescribed medications can get them filled at Walmart in-store or online. Consumers can use the mobile app for a quick and easy way to fill pet prescriptions.

• Specialty pharmacy: Walmart's specialty pharmacy consists of a team of pharmacists, nurses and insurance experts to help consumers with special treatment plans achieve their treatment goals. It helps treat numerous diseases such as cancer, anemia, HIV/AIDS and cystic fibrosis. The specialty pharmacy offers online ordering, free temperature-controlled overnight shipping and reimbursement insurance claim assistance.

• Accreditation: Walmart Pharmacy is accredited by the URAC for its specialty pharmacy services and also holds accreditation by VIPPS for general pharmacy practices.

• Best for: consumers needing specialty pharmacy services and a wide range of discounted prescription medications.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs