Wal-Mart Pharmacy

Wal-Mart Pharmacy

3.4/5 (3545 ratings)

About Wal-Mart Pharmacy

Wal-Mart Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart Pharmacy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I was to pick up a medicine for my wife and Walmart prepared the wrong one. I have to drive more than 5 miles, and Walmart has to delay and I had to come back in the afternoon? When the medicine was supposed to be available the day before. I have to agree with one of the reviews that it is not being laid back, it is laziness pure and simple.

Original review: July 22, 2022

If I could rate this store lower than 1-star I would. The attitudes are lazy, not laid back. John, the store manager is disingenuous when engaging on serious issue with the pharmacy concerning anti-epileptic medication or holding employees accountable. Walmart pharmacy's lax attitude in medication coordination is appalling and borderline negligent. The store's attitude reflects that of the manager. Buy your shower curtain there, but leave your pharmaceutical concerns to the professionals who are NOT affiliated with Walmart. Your health is too important and their attitude towards life and death medical issues is lazy and apathetic. Save yourself!

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 20, 2022

Walmart pharmacy on Tidewater Drive in Norfolk VA. One of her pharmacist stated my prescription would be done at 5pm. She talked to me any kind of way and then spoke with other customers about me & the situation while I'm still at the counter. I said, "All you have to do is apologize and keep it going." She says, "I'm not apologizing for ** I ain't done." Plus she spoke to me across the counter the entire time.

Original review: July 6, 2022

These people keep giving me the WRONG medication for my thyroids. I tell them everytime I have my meds refilled that I only take (**) Not ** because they don't seem to work with my body as (**) Does and yes there is a difference. I know this because I'm the one taking these pills. My thyroids gets out of control with this generic mess and my doctor can back that up! I've informed Wal-mart Pharmacy of this on several occasions and it makes no sense that everytime I go to have my prescription filled, that I have to continue to go through the same problem over and over...

I spoke with my insurance provider who also agrees with me and stated that my Insurance does cover the (**) Wal-mart has you paying for the prescription and once you get them, that's when you realizes you have the WRONG MEDS and they don't take them back. The customer is out of their money and stuck with meds that does not HELP their medical condition at all. They're playing games with peoples' lives and is causing more HARM than help! I have spoken with ** at the store located at 3871 West Main Street Dothan Al, 36305 (334)-547-6507.

Original review: May 18, 2022

I have have chronic pain, and have had surgery. I get a Schedule I medicine, and have gotten it for the last 5 years. I have prior authorization from my insurance. Now they are saying I need to tell them my diagnosis for the medicine. They said it’s been their policy for a few years. Today they want to enforce it on my prescription. After going round and round with the pharmacist, they filled it within 15 minutes of the call. I filed a complaint with the corporate office; waiting on a call back. I went there, and they were giggling ; just like when I was on the phone. The tech just looked at them for a few minutes before coming over, and she was rude. They played the game of having my prescription behind the counter, and the pharmacist had to give the rude tech the bag. She took her time again, and was rude.

No speaking to the pharmacist this time; which they say is their policy, and it was just given to me. No trying to push their agenda and **. Oh I don’t get my prescription each month, since I don’t take it often. Just horrible service. If I could get my prior authorization switched to a different pharmacy, I’d do it. I already was able to switch my other prescriptions to their competition.

Resolution response: April 20, 2022

I made an error in my original review. I said I was still waiting for my prescription on April 27. It's actually April 20. After I finished my review, I received a text saying my prescription is ready. That's two weeks after the doctor called in the prescription.

Original review: April 20, 2022

My doctor called in a prescription on April 7, 2022. The next day I got a text message saying the order was delayed for price check. I called pharmacy on April 14 to find out why order still wasn't filled. I was told they were working on it and was even quoted a price. The next day I got a text saying they were out and would have to order the product. Pharmacy called me on April 18 and asked if I still needed the meds. I said yes. She said they were out of the product and would have to order it. It is now April 27 afternoon and I'm still waiting.

Original review: April 4, 2022

After being prescribed a medication that my normal pharmacy (Walgreens) didn't have on hand & would not look to see if other Walgreens in the area had it either...I went on a hunt for it myself. Having contracted shingles and in immense pain, I called up every pharmacy & grocery store within a 30-mile radius to find antiviral eyedrops since my eye was surrounded & it could cause permanent eye damage if the virus were to spread to my eye. My local Walmart pharmacy was my last call.

The pharmacist was the ONLY one who offered to check other locations for it and was able to locate it for me about 25 minutes away. After that Walmart pharmacy requested a transfer from Walgreens while I was on the phone with them, it still took 5 phone calls from me, 2 faxes from Walmart & 1 phone call from Walmart to finally get the prescription transferred. The Walmart pharmacists were very friendly, thorough, & helpful the entire time even though they were extremely busy.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

I have a 17 yr old autistic child who takes meds. Is on Medicaid and last yr I had no issues with Walmart. His insurance paid for them. This yr one of his meds they told me would be 96 one would be 76 and one 21. A person on Medicaid normally cannot pay that much money for medicine. Would have had no issue with being on the 4.00 list. I switched over to Hy-Vee pharmacy. Same exact meds and his insurance paid for all. Will not use Walmart pharmacy again

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

They did not send my script and didn’t notify me that I needed refills. I called and was given different directions each time I called and I’m still without my meds. I wish my insurance never chose Walmart for my home delivery.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

Came to pick up husband's meds in drive through 10 minutes before they are supposed to close for lunch. The pharmacy tech got my meds and took my bank card and driver's license and walked away without handing my meds or bank card. And walked away and went to lunch. Left me sitting waiting in the drive through. Never came back. I had to go park and go inside to customer service and ask for store manager. I explained what happened. She took me to get pharmacist which was on her lunch. She stated she was upset because I interrupted her lunch. I explained I needed my card and meds and was left in drive through. And that that was very unacceptable customer service. I called corporate of Walmart and haven't heard anything from them. I have been told they will call me.

Walmart author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Walmart operates in-store and online pharmacies in most of its supercenter stores. Its pharmacies provide customers with discount brand name and generic prescriptions for consumers or their pets. Prescription refills are easy and they offer home delivery for medications, including pet medicine.

• Prescription refills: Customers can refill prescriptions with Walmart’s online pharmacy by either logging into their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkout involves entering a date of birth and the prescription number located on the label. Seven prescriptions can be refilled at once. Walmart also has a $4 generic prescription list available for online ordering.

• Home delivery: Walmart provides online pricing, ordering and delivery on 90-day prescriptions. Consumers can call a toll-free number to place an order for delivery or log in to their online account. Delivery is free for standard five- to seven-day shipping, $8 for second-day delivery and $15 for overnight delivery. Payments must be made by credit card.

• Mobile pharmacy app: Consumers can download the Walmart app to manage their prescription orders, transfer prescriptions, see the $4 prescription list and place guest refills from the app 24/7. The app is available for Apple and Android devices.

• Pet medications: Customers with veterinary-prescribed medications can get them filled at Walmart in-store or online. Consumers can use the mobile app for a quick and easy way to fill pet prescriptions.

• Specialty pharmacy: Walmart's specialty pharmacy consists of a team of pharmacists, nurses and insurance experts to help consumers with special treatment plans achieve their treatment goals. It helps treat numerous diseases such as cancer, anemia, HIV/AIDS and cystic fibrosis. The specialty pharmacy offers online ordering, free temperature-controlled overnight shipping and reimbursement insurance claim assistance.

• Accreditation: Walmart Pharmacy is accredited by the URAC for its specialty pharmacy services and also holds accreditation by VIPPS for general pharmacy practices.

Wal-Mart Pharmacy Company Information