3.69/5

1157 Wal-Mart Pharmacy Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 18, 2019

This rating is primarily for WAL-MART'S MAIL ORDER PHARMACY. WAL-MART'S $10 for 90 day program has ALWAYS come out a bit ahead of the co-pays I would've paid through my two different insurers, that I had to choose from, for my maintenance medication. I've used the MAIL ORDER SERVICE from one state to another, during a sudden temporary address change and flawlessly my VERY NECESSARY medication followed without a hiccup in time. A+++

WAL-MART'S Customer Service is VERY HELPFUL and friendly. In the 9 years I've been using it, only 1 adverse encounter from a "SALTY" representative had to be felt & dealt with. She probably just had a tough morning, because by the conclusion of my business, everything was copacetic. The only area that LACKS/SUCKS within the WAL-MART PHARMACEUTICAL MAIL ORDER SERVICE is their AUTOMATIC REFILL SYSTEM!!! It has NEVER been consistent, despite a number of assisted & unassisted registrations of my phone number. Unfortunately, WALGREENS has this part down. If you want to rely on this feature, solely for helping you keep up w/ your order.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I have 3 of the pharmacist on first name basically. Due to all my medical reactions to medicines they kind me safe. Every time I refill a script they make sure I take right by discussing it and if I had any issues that may occur by taking it They call the remind me to reorder my scripts so I don't ever run out. They are easy to get to with a drive through I a life saver due to my walking disability. I love my marketplace.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2019

The staff is very knowledgeable, polite and courteous. Have never had an issue since we switched about 8 months ago from Rexall which was terrible. When we were with Rexall it got to the point that we would have to wait sometimes 3-4 days for a prescription. Since switching to Wal-Mart. We can drop off a prescription when we enter the store and pick it up within 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour.

Original review: March 12, 2019

My pharmacist at Walmart are always friendly and are very knowledgeable. They are my go to folks for info and trust in a medicine. I can ask their advice on OTC drugs as well as prescriptions. They always take the time to know you fully understand. I have always been satisfied with my Walmart pharmacy in Unicoi Tn.

Original review: March 11, 2019

We just had to change to Wal-Mart Pharmacy beginning Jan. 1, 2019. So far our initial start up and getting prescriptions transferred has been anything but pleasant. The help cannot seem to get their "act together" with all the information given them and put it into motion. I am hoping that as a few more months pass, things will be better. I do know that the prices we are getting from Wal-Mart are 150 percent better than the prices we got from the independent pharmacy we had used for years. One on prescription alone saved us over three fourths as much as we had been paying. That is very welcomed. So due to the money factor, we will continue to trade at Wal-Mart Pharmacy and pray things improve.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: July 8, 2019

What happen to my card, I file a police report. I called Walmart corporate and they all agree that they saw me put the card inside the slot but after that it just vanished. As one walmart corporate employee puts it, like magically vanishes. I look at the employee do something then look strange ask that I put my card in after she pull the slot in and my card went missing. I was assured that the machine must have eaten it although it would be the first time because the card was just gone.

Since I then had to rush to the bank and stop the card after holding up the drive through waiting for the cops to arrive, they said, "Oh that card is dead. You stop it anyway." So for all walmart customers they don’t just makes your card dissolved or go missing so does some of your prescriptions, count your meds and have back up prescription to prove your refill. Otherwise you might not get them, Go inside because they have a machine that magically makes cards go missing and the only thing they can tell you is they’re so sorry and it got stopped anyway so leave them be. So for future Services I will go inside or change to another drug store. I haven’t been able to go back to this store, my chest tighten up and hands sweat at the possibility of going through this again. I don’t feel safe Now at walmart pharmacy unless I go inside and my card never leave my hand.

Original review: July 3, 2019

Per my request and my prescription insurance coverage, my doctor writes 90-day scripts. On two occasions Walmart #3990 has not filled the scripts as written. On the first occasion, 3 months ago, I noticed before I left the store. It was corrected and I advised that in the future they should issue the item as the doctor had written the script for. Last week I did not notice until I got home. This time it was for a non drug item and has no chance of inappropriate use. The item comes in boxes of 100 and the doctor wrote it for 200 items total, which would last the required 90 days +10. I wrote a letter a week ago and have not received a response. One 90-day scripts are less expense than 30 day scripts and I don’t have to drive the 60 miles round trip to retrieve as often.

Original review: June 18, 2019

These people treat you as if you committing a crime when you need a RX filled for narcotic type medications. They have gone so far as reviewing all of my medications before filling my RX. This last time was it! The pharmacist refused to fill my RX the way it was written by my orthopedic surgeon. She stated they were giving me too much. I literally just had joint supplement surgery. Who do they think they are to second guess my doctor? Not only that, they talk down to you and treat you as if you are a criminal or a strung out drug addict. I will never use Walmart Pharmacy again!

Original review: May 30, 2019

There needs to be a ZERO stars option! This is the Walmart Pharmacy on Debarr Rd, Anchorage Alaska. Pharmacy experience was horrible! (Backstory: my adult son had oral surgery, first surgery in his life). Drove to this pharmacy knowing it would take time to fill. Had to take him because of identification and insurance. #1 I was told 20-25 minutes. There is one Pharmacist (D) and 3 pharmacy techs working. We go grab post-surgical foods and items to make recovery easier/more tolerable. Give them extra time (50 minutes).

#2 One tech (E) says that part of the prescriptions are ready and no idea when the rest (pain med) will be, so I can just come back later. I explain again that my son is with me and I can't drive the distance home only to wait or return immediately. #3 He says, "Well I will put this last prescription in the computer then." WHAT THE HECK? Why wasn't it done with the first two? #4 D jumps in with "if it's a controlled substance we don't have any control over when we can dispense it." WHAT. WALMART PHARMACY doesn't have control of dispensing a common pain med?

#5 It's great that 3 of you speak a different language and can make fun of your customers. When you are in the back, looking directly at me, hurry and drop your head and mumble in your language and 3 people burst out laughing (the 4th gets it explained, looks at me and laughs loud and long), it's hard not to know who's the butt of your joke. #6 Everyone was looking a E when I was paying for the prescriptions. You probably don't think I heard you when she said, "I'll take care of this" and you responded "thank you" in a dramatic sigh of relief.

I felt very disrespected. It was extremely apparent that my business wasn't important and my being a customer was the basis of your humor today. The fact that I have a long background in the emergency medical field, and know how unprofessional your department is now, just means I pity your lack of manners and decency.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Been filling my **, ** and ** through Walmart for over two years now... Every month. Without ANY warning, last minute, they can no longer fill "controlled substances prescribed by my doctor", and of course no further reasoning could be provided. I still don't know if it's because of me, if it's only controlled substances by my Doc, or if they've blacklisted my Doc altogether. These pharmacists know full well that a sudden stop in a benzodiazepine will cause seizures and other serious side effects, including DEATH. Thanks for the heads up! Literally giving me no time to communicate with my doctor until last minute. Going 3 days without ** and ** will more than likely kill a person, so thank you for that... ** YOU! TAKING MY BUSINESS TO WALGREENS!

Original review: May 9, 2019

This is for the Walmart Pharmacy in Manchester MO. I dropped off 4 prescriptions all on one paper. I was going to pick them up in a few days. I called to check on them today and was told they do not have the prescriptions! I am absolutely livid! I went to them because they have the cheapest prices but I would go elsewhere to get more professional, less irresponsible.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Wife had a heart attack. Prescribed ** for pain after surgery. Walmart pharmacy in Charleston Illinois wouldn't fill the prescription because my wife also uses this medicine for arthritis. Her heart doctor knows this and prescribed it. Walmart pharmacist has more knowledge than a heart surgeon, family doctor, critical care nurse, or anyone else with a medical degree. That is what they think is true. I took the prescription to another pharmacy, and it was filled without question.

Original review: April 15, 2019

The "high on her own horse" pharmacist needs to be fired. She's mean, and unprofessional. And if you "refused" to fill my script, WHY didn't you call me??? Too busy not trying to drown in this rainy weather with your nose stuck WAY too high up.. It's rainin' lady.. Hope you don't melt! Actually wish you would!

Original review: April 14, 2019

Okay I've had the same medicine and dose for over 12 years and because some person checks the wrong box, I have to wait. You owe me money! My time is valuable! Please stick your policy and procedure up. And send me a check for 100 dollars for my time. Geez sick of this! Get a release form for the customer. Some of us are medical persons and don't need your spiel. Matter of fact the pharmacist just let me go one week and didn't do his job of policies!!!

Original review: April 12, 2019

Don't know what they are doing. Pharmacy Cynthiana Ky. My Dr called in 4 prescriptions and they ran none of them through my insurance. Told me one was going to be 295.00 with my insurance, funny thing is the cash cost of this drug is 300.00 meaning insurance company only will pay 5???? So I called back and said I can't pay that, so I was told then it was 69.00 with my insurance, called my Dr back and told him to send a generic in pill form as I could not afford to pay for these medications and then called the insurance company to complain and was told they ran none of them through the insurance. Called Walmart back and told them and they said, "Oh yeah, we thought you wanted the CASH PRICE." Really!!!! So then ran it though insurance and was told my copay was zero. OMG. It's like pulling teeth to get things filled at that pharmacy.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Went in to pick up my RX for antibiotics. Was informed they were in the process of filling it, but would be going to lunch soon, and I would have to wait an hour and a half for it to be ready. Every experience I've had at Walmart Pharmacy has been poor. The staff are rude and show little to no compassion for the patients and their needs. They will NEVER go out of their way to make your experience easier. It is clear that they simply do not care about the people in front of them. In the past I have chosen Walmart simply because the costs are lower than other pharmacies, but Walmart has officially lost my business. I would rather pay a little more at a pharmacy that cares about their patients and treats them with the respect they deserve.

Original review: April 4, 2019

The pharmacist refused to come off break to dispense post-surgical painkillers, causing a medical emergency. She is now under investigation by the Virginia Board of Pharmacy for violating the Controlled Substances Act and gross negligence.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Because of past experiences at WalMart's Pharmacy (nearly 15 years), I always call ahead to make sure my mom's prescriptions are ready for pickup before going to pick them up. I renewed 3 of her prescriptions by phone on a Friday afternoon knowing that as new prescriptions were needed from the doctor's office it would likely be Monday late before they were available.

Checked first thing Monday AM and was told one was ready and the other two were in progress. No problem here as I planned to pick them up on Tuesday while picking up some groceries. I called Tuesday at lunch and was told they were ready. I thought to double check and make sure that they were filled for 90 days. Told by lady answering the phone that they were. Got my groceries first as there was a long line in Pharmacy and when I did go to pick them up--only two were ready. The other was on HOLD. No one knew why but it would be an additional 30 minutes before it was ready. Did I want to wait!? Told them I would pick them up the next day as I'd been told on the phone they were ready. No apology or concern that they were causing me to wait (despite having a buggy full of groceries) or make an additional trip due to them.

In the past there have been numerous things that have caused me to regret using them as my pharmacy. CVS looking better all the time though a bit out of my way. 1. Prescriptions not ready despite calling them to find out if they are ready. 2. Prescriptions not complete (only 12 tablets instead of 90) despite calling to see if they are ready. Could have told me this on the phone when I called. 3. Prescription not filled because unable to get from manufacture (again no phone call). 4. Not filled for 90 days despite request (and yes this is allowed for this medicine by the insurance). 5. Does not follow up with Dr's office when a new prescription is not called in despite both pharmacy and Dr's office policy is that the the patient NOT call Dr's office for refill. All in all WalMart's Pharmacy would receive a -5 rating from me if possible.

Original review: March 25, 2019

The prices are good, but it's wait, wait, and wait some more. Even if my doctor calls in the prescription and I wait to pick it up until the next day, it's a long wait. I have tried the online refill, same thing. You should be able to walk in, pick it up and pay and be done. Now if I take a new prescription in and leave it at the window, I expect a wait, but if they say 30 mins, I do not expect to return and be told another 30 minutes.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Used Wal-Mart for nearly a year, go to doctor every 3 months for checkup, and prescription refills. I take 3 meds. My family doctor would fax them to Wal-Mart and I would call and inform them I would come next day to pick up meds. I went 4 times in a year, and not 1 time did they ever have my prescriptions filled even after 24 hours. But 2 of the times they didn't my blood pressure medicine in stock and I would have to wait 2 days for them to get it in stock in order to fill my prescription. I have used CVS, Walgreens with no problems, always filled within an hour. I now use a pharmacy in the same strip mall where my family doctor is located, they walk the prescription over to the pharmacy and usually 15 minutes they have them filled. It is a little more expensive than CVS or Walgreens, but it's 15 miles one way to these name brand pharmacies. So with time and gas, it's more convenient to use a small local pharmacy.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Walmart is notorious, for crappie customer service. This includes waiting in line for your pharmacy prescriptions. And then you get up there to cashier to find out it's not ready, they have put it on hold?! What?! So now you have to wait again. Only one cashier?! With 15 people in line?! I hate Walmart.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Walmart prices are good, but are constantly changing going up and down. The clerks are usually slow and rude. They will text and say the order is ready and once you drive all the way over there it’s not ready. They even have to call the Dr. I would switch but it’s close to home.

Original review: March 14, 2019

If my insurance did not mandate that I use this pharmacy, I wouldn't. The old manager Cam was great. He retired and so did their quality. It's bad enough to have to wait for a prescription, but when I've called it in 2 days prior and I still have to wait - that's ridiculous.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Wal-Mart Pharmacy in Brunswick Troy NY, is about the greatest pharmacy ever. Jeff and the new young lady pharmacists are so accommodating. No matter how much you call with a question they are more than happy to answer and take their time with you. Would go nowhere else.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I went to Walmart in Memphis Tennessee on Austin Peay Highway. I went to the pharmacy and asked for my ** insulin. The girls saw me waiting and were in no hurry to wait on me. Finally one of them opened the refrigerator, took out a bottle and put it in a sack and handed it to me. You pay for it right then so I put it in my purse got home and put it in my refrigerator. The next day I got it out and looked at it, it was not what I asked for and paid for. I went back to Walmart to get told it was my fault for not looking at it before I walked away and they said no exchange or money back.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I was told that my prescription was a Maintenance issue and wasn't a priority, I shouldn't have ran out and since I had, they weren't going to fill it until the next day. I said what since when can you prioritize whose medication you want to fill? Then she said that you can call another store if you want your medicine. I had to call Seagoville pharmacy and they were Ashamed of Kaufman!!! I was so upset that I called back, spoke with store asst manager she went over and said something. Meanwhile mysteriously my prescriptions were ready WITH AN APOLOGY! SAVE YOUR APOLOGIES...YOUR PHARMACY SUCK...AND SO DO YOUR EMPLOYEES...

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

First of all I despise Walmart. I have been waiting all afternoon for a refill on my pain medication. Doctor called in and because it's a controlled substance they can only give me enough for a week. They finally told me this at 8:00pm and I've been in pain all day. Knee replacement. CVS here I come. Also, I admire foreigners who speak our language. I can't theirs. But, please please hire those that speak more clearly.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I recently broke a tooth and went to Walmart to have a prescription filled for a pain pill because a tooth was hurting me very badly. I waited for 2 and 1/2 hours in pain, for them to fill my prescription just for them to tell me that they were completely out of my pain medication.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My husband was given a 30 day script from the doctor for a recurring back injury. He went to the Walmart Pharmacy to fill said script. They called him when it was filled with a price of $31.00. Then, he gave them the insurance information. Walmart tech told him that he could only fill a 7 day script. Walmart policy, they said. We explained that the doctor wrote the script for 30 days. We then called the insurance company. They said that the script is covered for 30 days; but, Krishna (the pharmacist) decided to only fill 7 days and the other 21 days would be lost. In other words, go back to the doctor for another script.

I called Walmart Pharmacy to ask for management. They told me that he would be in the next day; but, that it was his insurance that only approved 7 day script. I explained that I had just spoken to the insurance company and that they told me that Krishna had made the determination. Brittany tried to defend Krishna, so I told her that I wanted to talk to the manager. He called me today and said that it was the insurance company. I explained that I had spoken with the insurance company and that they were not limiting the script to 7 days, nor did they deny that Krishna made the determination. He then told me that I would have to call the insurance company again and have a 3 way call to resolve this problem. We will be using a different Pharmacy from now on. By the way, I had filled the exact same script for myself one month ago without all of this drama. Please do not use Walmart's Pharmacy. They love to argue and place blame on everyone else!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I have been filling prescriptions at Walmart for years. This time last year, I refilled an available prescription online, got the email saying they were filling it, and then went to pick it up, and they said they had no record of the prescription or me requesting to fill it. After a few frustrated calls to my insurance and the pharmacy themselves, I ended up requesting the doctor's office to send a refill to the pharmacy. No problems again, until today.

Yesterday, I refilled the available prescription online, got the email saying they were filling it, and then went to pick it up. Once again, they had no record of the prescription or my request to fill it. They said the prescription had expired a few days ago, and the unexpired one (from an appointment in August 2018) had disappeared from the system. I was also told that they had two profiles for me, which doesn't make any sense. Very unprofessional. I ended up having to request the doctor's office send in a new refill (once again) in order for it to be filled.

Walmart expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Walmart operates in-store and online pharmacies in most of its supercenter stores. Its pharmacies provide customers with discount brand name and generic prescriptions for consumers or their pets. Prescription refills are easy and they offer home delivery for medications, including pet medicine.

• Prescription refills: Customers can refill prescriptions with Walmart’s online pharmacy by either logging into their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkout involves entering a date of birth and the prescription number located on the label. Seven prescriptions can be refilled at once. Walmart also has a $4 generic prescription list available for online ordering.

• Home delivery: Walmart provides online pricing, ordering and delivery on 90-day prescriptions. Consumers can call a toll-free number to place an order for delivery or log in to their online account. Delivery is free for standard five- to seven-day shipping, $8 for second-day delivery and $15 for overnight delivery. Payments must be made by credit card.

• Mobile pharmacy app: Consumers can download the Walmart app to manage their prescription orders, transfer prescriptions, see the $4 prescription list and place guest refills from the app 24/7. The app is available for Apple and Android devices.

• Pet medications: Customers with veterinary-prescribed medications can get them filled at Walmart in-store or online. Consumers can use the mobile app for a quick and easy way to fill pet prescriptions.

• Specialty pharmacy: Walmart's specialty pharmacy consists of a team of pharmacists, nurses and insurance experts to help consumers with special treatment plans achieve their treatment goals. It helps treat numerous diseases such as cancer, anemia, HIV/AIDS and cystic fibrosis. The specialty pharmacy offers online ordering, free temperature-controlled overnight shipping and reimbursement insurance claim assistance.

• Accreditation: Walmart Pharmacy is accredited by the URAC for its specialty pharmacy services and also holds accreditation by VIPPS for general pharmacy practices.

• Best for: consumers needing specialty pharmacy services and a wide range of discounted prescription medications.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs