Wal-Mart Pharmacy

Wal-Mart Pharmacy

3.7/5 (145 ratings)

About Wal-Mart Pharmacy

Wal-Mart Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart Pharmacy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: May 18, 2022

I have have chronic pain, and have had surgery. I get a Schedule I medicine, and have gotten it for the last 5 years. I have prior authorization from my insurance. Now they are saying I need to tell them my diagnosis for the medicine. They said it’s been their policy for a few years. Today they want to enforce it on my prescription. After going round and round with the pharmacist, they filled it within 15 minutes of the call. I filed a complaint with the corporate office; waiting on a call back. I went there, and they were giggling ; just like when I was on the phone. The tech just looked at them for a few minutes before coming over, and she was rude. They played the game of having my prescription behind the counter, and the pharmacist had to give the rude tech the bag. She took her time again, and was rude.

No speaking to the pharmacist this time; which they say is their policy, and it was just given to me. No trying to push their agenda and **. Oh I don’t get my prescription each month, since I don’t take it often. Just horrible service. If I could get my prior authorization switched to a different pharmacy, I’d do it. I already was able to switch my other prescriptions to their competition.

Resolution response: April 20, 2022

I made an error in my original review. I said I was still waiting for my prescription on April 27. It's actually April 20. After I finished my review, I received a text saying my prescription is ready. That's two weeks after the doctor called in the prescription.

Original review: April 20, 2022

My doctor called in a prescription on April 7, 2022. The next day I got a text message saying the order was delayed for price check. I called pharmacy on April 14 to find out why order still wasn't filled. I was told they were working on it and was even quoted a price. The next day I got a text saying they were out and would have to order the product. Pharmacy called me on April 18 and asked if I still needed the meds. I said yes. She said they were out of the product and would have to order it. It is now April 27 afternoon and I'm still waiting.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 4, 2022

After being prescribed a medication that my normal pharmacy (Walgreens) didn't have on hand & would not look to see if other Walgreens in the area had it either...I went on a hunt for it myself. Having contracted shingles and in immense pain, I called up every pharmacy & grocery store within a 30-mile radius to find antiviral eyedrops since my eye was surrounded & it could cause permanent eye damage if the virus were to spread to my eye. My local Walmart pharmacy was my last call.

The pharmacist was the ONLY one who offered to check other locations for it and was able to locate it for me about 25 minutes away. After that Walmart pharmacy requested a transfer from Walgreens while I was on the phone with them, it still took 5 phone calls from me, 2 faxes from Walmart & 1 phone call from Walmart to finally get the prescription transferred. The Walmart pharmacists were very friendly, thorough, & helpful the entire time even though they were extremely busy.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

I have a 17 yr old autistic child who takes meds. Is on Medicaid and last yr I had no issues with Walmart. His insurance paid for them. This yr one of his meds they told me would be 96 one would be 76 and one 21. A person on Medicaid normally cannot pay that much money for medicine. Would have had no issue with being on the 4.00 list. I switched over to Hy-Vee pharmacy. Same exact meds and his insurance paid for all. Will not use Walmart pharmacy again

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

They did not send my script and didn’t notify me that I needed refills. I called and was given different directions each time I called and I’m still without my meds. I wish my insurance never chose Walmart for my home delivery.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

Came to pick up husband's meds in drive through 10 minutes before they are supposed to close for lunch. The pharmacy tech got my meds and took my bank card and driver's license and walked away without handing my meds or bank card. And walked away and went to lunch. Left me sitting waiting in the drive through. Never came back. I had to go park and go inside to customer service and ask for store manager. I explained what happened. She took me to get pharmacist which was on her lunch. She stated she was upset because I interrupted her lunch. I explained I needed my card and meds and was left in drive through. And that that was very unacceptable customer service. I called corporate of Walmart and haven't heard anything from them. I have been told they will call me.

Original review: June 22, 2021

First time I got yelled at. I was asking the pharmacist a question and she proceeded to yell at me saying, "You can't just come here and expect your prescription to be here every week" when all I was doing was ask her a question about the amount of the prescription and then today I'm waiting in line because they are closed for lunch but the line was so long so I waited on the side. So when the last person that was in front of me was done someone got in front of me and cut me off so I waited and then I got in front with a pharmacist and she looked at me all mad because she thought I was cutting people and I told her, "I've been here before the last person you seen. I would never call anybody off" but I'm giving her my license as I say that and then she's yelling starts yelling saying, "What do you want? You just giving me your license. What do you want?" So I'm telling her I want my prescription.

I am so tired of getting yelled at every time I go to that place. I don't know who they think they are but if they lack common sense and if they cannot work with the public then they need not to have that job. It is embarrassing being yelled at in front of everyone and for no reason and then to make matters worse she thought I was gone and I was waiting and listening to her and she was laughing at me with the next customer. This is the pharmacy in North Dartmouth Massachusetts. That's what happens when you go there.

Original review: May 26, 2021

I have been getting my medications from Walmart pharmacy store no. 1998 Skokie IL. for more than 5 years, always I am having a great service from this pharmacy and they treat my like I am the most important patient. The pharmacists and the technicians are very kind, friendly and professional. I really appreciate their help and concerns.

Original review: March 17, 2021

Pharmacists at my local Walmart take a personal interest in my health. They take time to discuss my prescriptions and health issues with me especially if they sense a problem. Most every pharmacy associate is knowledgeable and caring. I'd stand in line there any day rather than deal with an impersonal online pharmacy.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

Not that you have much choice in who specialty prescriptions are processed through, but they are awful. My wife's employer just switched to them 1/1/21. I have had the same call at least 4 times over and over again to get my needed injection in time. I am told it is being processed just to get repeat calls about the same thing days later. I WAS PROMISED IT WOULD BE DELIVERED TO DOCTOR TUESDAY. Just got called again today Thursday to process meaning it will not be there on time. Lackadaisical and no concern about the health impact of this needed shot. Said it was held up for $5 co-pay that by the way we authorized and provided information for twice previously. Not looking forward to dealing with these knuckleheads every 12 weeks.

Walmart author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Walmart operates in-store and online pharmacies in most of its supercenter stores. Its pharmacies provide customers with discount brand name and generic prescriptions for consumers or their pets. Prescription refills are easy and they offer home delivery for medications, including pet medicine.

• Prescription refills: Customers can refill prescriptions with Walmart’s online pharmacy by either logging into their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkout involves entering a date of birth and the prescription number located on the label. Seven prescriptions can be refilled at once. Walmart also has a $4 generic prescription list available for online ordering.

• Home delivery: Walmart provides online pricing, ordering and delivery on 90-day prescriptions. Consumers can call a toll-free number to place an order for delivery or log in to their online account. Delivery is free for standard five- to seven-day shipping, $8 for second-day delivery and $15 for overnight delivery. Payments must be made by credit card.

• Mobile pharmacy app: Consumers can download the Walmart app to manage their prescription orders, transfer prescriptions, see the $4 prescription list and place guest refills from the app 24/7. The app is available for Apple and Android devices.

• Pet medications: Customers with veterinary-prescribed medications can get them filled at Walmart in-store or online. Consumers can use the mobile app for a quick and easy way to fill pet prescriptions.

• Specialty pharmacy: Walmart's specialty pharmacy consists of a team of pharmacists, nurses and insurance experts to help consumers with special treatment plans achieve their treatment goals. It helps treat numerous diseases such as cancer, anemia, HIV/AIDS and cystic fibrosis. The specialty pharmacy offers online ordering, free temperature-controlled overnight shipping and reimbursement insurance claim assistance.

• Accreditation: Walmart Pharmacy is accredited by the URAC for its specialty pharmacy services and also holds accreditation by VIPPS for general pharmacy practices.

Wal-Mart Pharmacy Company Information