Wal-Mart Pharmacy

Wal-Mart Pharmacy

4.0/5 (1727 ratings)

About Wal-Mart Pharmacy

Wal-Mart Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart Pharmacy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: May 26, 2021

I have been getting my medications from Walmart pharmacy store no. 1998 Skokie IL. for more than 5 years, always I am having a great service from this pharmacy and they treat my like I am the most important patient. The pharmacists and the technicians are very kind, friendly and professional. I really appreciate their help and concerns.

Original review: March 17, 2021

Pharmacists at my local Walmart take a personal interest in my health. They take time to discuss my prescriptions and health issues with me especially if they sense a problem. Most every pharmacy associate is knowledgeable and caring. I'd stand in line there any day rather than deal with an impersonal online pharmacy.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I am very pleased that my local WalMart Pharmacy takes part in a program with a brand name drug that I take on a daily basis. If they did not do that, I would have a difficult time obtaining it.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

They're very flexible; they'll send text when your RX is ready to be filled & ask if you want it filled now or later. Also if you're out of town they'll transfer your script to a store close by.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

Walmart is a good pharmacy but many times people are very busy and lines are longer. They go to lunch and close the doors and we have to wait for them to come back. Since that experience I never order.

Original review: June 22, 2021

First time I got yelled at. I was asking the pharmacist a question and she proceeded to yell at me saying, "You can't just come here and expect your prescription to be here every week" when all I was doing was ask her a question about the amount of the prescription and then today I'm waiting in line because they are closed for lunch but the line was so long so I waited on the side. So when the last person that was in front of me was done someone got in front of me and cut me off so I waited and then I got in front with a pharmacist and she looked at me all mad because she thought I was cutting people and I told her, "I've been here before the last person you seen. I would never call anybody off" but I'm giving her my license as I say that and then she's yelling starts yelling saying, "What do you want? You just giving me your license. What do you want?" So I'm telling her I want my prescription.

I am so tired of getting yelled at every time I go to that place. I don't know who they think they are but if they lack common sense and if they cannot work with the public then they need not to have that job. It is embarrassing being yelled at in front of everyone and for no reason and then to make matters worse she thought I was gone and I was waiting and listening to her and she was laughing at me with the next customer. This is the pharmacy in North Dartmouth Massachusetts. That's what happens when you go there.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

Not that you have much choice in who specialty prescriptions are processed through, but they are awful. My wife's employer just switched to them 1/1/21. I have had the same call at least 4 times over and over again to get my needed injection in time. I am told it is being processed just to get repeat calls about the same thing days later. I WAS PROMISED IT WOULD BE DELIVERED TO DOCTOR TUESDAY. Just got called again today Thursday to process meaning it will not be there on time. Lackadaisical and no concern about the health impact of this needed shot. Said it was held up for $5 co-pay that by the way we authorized and provided information for twice previously. Not looking forward to dealing with these knuckleheads every 12 weeks.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

My insurance only reimbursed specialty drugs through them, so I had to fill here for about 2 years. Every month you have to call in and speak to a rep who transfers you to a pharmacist who second guesses the doctor’s prescription. Sometimes you have to get your prescription resent because they do not keep good records of what happened in months prior. Then you get transferred back to the reps who rehash everything like you did not just spend an hour on the phone and schedule delivery. No other pharmacy is this bureaucratic and incompetent.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

WalMart is huge but still their pharmacy workers treat you like you are the most important patient, getting the right meds to you on time and at the best price.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I love the lower priced medications compared to many other pharmacies. Usually have medications in stock and quick and friendly service.

Walmart author review by ConsumerAffairs

Walmart operates in-store and online pharmacies in most of its supercenter stores. Its pharmacies provide customers with discount brand name and generic prescriptions for consumers or their pets. Prescription refills are easy and they offer home delivery for medications, including pet medicine.

• Prescription refills: Customers can refill prescriptions with Walmart’s online pharmacy by either logging into their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkout involves entering a date of birth and the prescription number located on the label. Seven prescriptions can be refilled at once. Walmart also has a $4 generic prescription list available for online ordering.

• Home delivery: Walmart provides online pricing, ordering and delivery on 90-day prescriptions. Consumers can call a toll-free number to place an order for delivery or log in to their online account. Delivery is free for standard five- to seven-day shipping, $8 for second-day delivery and $15 for overnight delivery. Payments must be made by credit card.

• Mobile pharmacy app: Consumers can download the Walmart app to manage their prescription orders, transfer prescriptions, see the $4 prescription list and place guest refills from the app 24/7. The app is available for Apple and Android devices.

• Pet medications: Customers with veterinary-prescribed medications can get them filled at Walmart in-store or online. Consumers can use the mobile app for a quick and easy way to fill pet prescriptions.

• Specialty pharmacy: Walmart's specialty pharmacy consists of a team of pharmacists, nurses and insurance experts to help consumers with special treatment plans achieve their treatment goals. It helps treat numerous diseases such as cancer, anemia, HIV/AIDS and cystic fibrosis. The specialty pharmacy offers online ordering, free temperature-controlled overnight shipping and reimbursement insurance claim assistance.

• Accreditation: Walmart Pharmacy is accredited by the URAC for its specialty pharmacy services and also holds accreditation by VIPPS for general pharmacy practices.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team