Wal-Mart Pharmacy

Compare Online Pharmacies

Research top Online Pharmacies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have had no problems with Walmart Pharmacy. What's nice that if you are out of town or whatever you can go to any Walmart and they can pull all the info up on computer and you can refill your meds.

Second time my Dr. ordered this and the second time they did not have it. They never notified me and I needed this medicine for a very serious life threatening condition. They are not doctors and should not have left it up to me to call them. Irresponsible behavior. Shame on them. No way to complain on their website either.

This is the worst pharmacy ever!!! Every time I come to the drive thru I sit and wait at least 30 minutes after they told me it would be ready in 10 minutes. Then when I told her I would wait she rolled her eyes and hung up the receiver.

They provide good service but the computer software needs tweaking, & some pharmacists do not look through the prescriptions to see what is expired & still valid. Also updating customer info is not happening as smooth as possible.

Last week I went to my Dr for my check up... Needed refills Rx. Dr called them in. Went later that evening to pick them up. Girl at the counter told me my Rx wasn't covered and I needed to call back the Dr. So I did. He recalled. I went back there the next day. They told me they were out. Couldn't get them in. I have been taking that same Rx for 10 years. BP MEDS. First they tell me I'm not covered then they tell me they don't have any. Couldn't they tell the Dr that. So he could change it. What am I supposed to do? Die? This has been going on for a while now. Are they playing God? Choosing who lives and dies.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

This is a convoluted mess. NOT worth the time and trouble. After a week of dealing with this I'm headed anywhere but Walmart Pharmacy (online or brick-n-mortar). Started with a simple understanding that all you had to do was get your doctor to fax your prescriptions to the 1-800 # and voila you could get a 90 day supply of any prescription on the generic prescription list for only $10.00! "Great", he says. "Call my Dr. and have them transferred" he says... we received a 30 count bottle of one med and 9 - 30 count bottles of another and a $40.00 bill... $40. For the same prescriptions we could have picked up from our Walmart store for $16.00 WTHeck?!

This is such a freaking mess... (thinks to herself, "figures".) One minute they are okay with making it right then, NOT. All I want is to be made whole. (I'll pay the medications received for the amount I would have gotten them locally and not a cent more, because THAT is what was sold to me.) As for me, I am going to make sure I am 100% healthy and NEVER have to use their pharmacies EVER again and suggest you do the same. Stay well.

I've gotten my prescriptions through Wal-Mart for years, and while some are better than others, overall they are consistent and reliable. I've been in several cities and states in the last few years, and it's always easy to transfer or pick up wherever I end up.

I use Walmart because of the drug program from Humana. This program allows me to get my meds for a very good price - $1.00 per month. But I do not like the service I get at Walmart or the attitude of the workers.

Shingles Vaccine - I am 50 years old and my dr sent a script to Walmart pharmacy in Centre, AL. They informed me that I was not allowed to have it because I was not 60. It has been approved for 50 and up but ins won't pay unless you are 60. (I had no problem paying for it out of pocket.) They refused to give it to me. My dr then sent it to CVS in Centre, AL and I received the vaccine. Is Walmart really that far behind or do they just not want to do their jobs??? We always have trouble with them and most of them are not very friendly at all!!

Tried to re-order a prescription online. I needed the item mailed to me because I cannot drive to pick it up. After a 'chat' with an idiot, speaking to a live idiot, transferred to Pharmacy who never answered, calling back a number concerning prescriptions being mailed, I was told, "You don't have an account to mail your prescriptions". And you know this how? Why didn't your ignorant website tell me this? And advise how to resolve the situation? End result: transferring my prescriptions to another vendor and praying really hard that Amazon buys out this monstrously stupid company. It's not just Wal-Mart, it's Sam's as well. I have never spoken to so many illiterate people in my life.

I have chronic insomnia and I am 65 yrs young. I do everything I can to make this problem manageable. Walmart Pharmacy has put holds on my medications more than once. The only thing that actually worked was **. I had to call my insurance provider for 3 months to get it back. When I did finally, the capsules are out of date or placebo. I am so tired of not sleeping and it's all due to the pharmacy in Tomah Wi. They give me the runaround and said my insurance put a hold on it and when my Dr.'s nurse called me she let it slip that it was the pharmacy. It would be different if I was a drug abuser but I am NOT. I JUST WANT TO SLEEP. Not getting proper rest is very detrimental. I feel very confused and depressed due to lack of sleep.

Walmart Pharmacy Holly Springs, NC gave me a blood pressure medication instead of a muscle relaxer! When I picked up my meds I called back to the pharmacy alerting them that my meds look different, they said; "We changed manufacturers", so I took the medication as prescribed twice per day as needed. I was weak, fainted, wrecked my car, developed SVT heart problem then Sinus tachycardia! Wore a heart monitor for a month! Have to take a beta blocker twice a day for the rest of my life! Walmart offered me 4K for my troubles! I have a life of pills thanks to Walmart Pharmacy's neglect! I want the world to know what happened to me so it doesn't happen to anyone else! I'm having to go to my cardiologist every six months for the rest of my life because Walmart Pharmacy almost caused my death!

Did I mention I was already on three blood pressure medications, they gave me ** blood pressure twice per day, it should have been ** muscle relaxer! I took this deadly combination of blood pressure medication for two months! When I called to fill my medication the third month, "Mrs. ** you don't have a muscle relaxer on file!" I said "I have the pill bottle right in front of me." I gave them the RX number on my pill bottle, I was placed on hold for what seemed an eternity! Then I was told to come to the pharmacy. They gave me the right medication and my copay for two months!

I refused the medication and took my business to Rite-Aid. They have been wonderful, they ask if you have any questions if you need to speak to the pharmacist. Very professional and caring! I love Rite-Aid! I was so sick for months and none of my doctors could tell me why, all my meds checked out on paper, but I was given a strong dose of blood pressure medication 1500 mg per day! I could have died! Please check your medications, you can look them up online to make sure the pills are the correct pills! Sorry Walmart 4K isn't enough to fix my car you caused me to wreck nor is it enough for me to take beta blockers twice per day for life! Walmart Pharmacy Holly Springs NC is not a good pharmacy! Please dont allow them to cause your death! Walmart doesnt care who they hurt or kill! I have filed a lawsuit! See you in court Walmart I still have my pill bottles too!

I picked up my third 90 Day Prescription since switching to Walmart last December. I ordered these refills last week knowing one would need physician approval and they still had a work day to contact him. I checked status Monday and the one had not been approved and I re-ordered. I was thinking I could pick them up when I went to town in a couple of days. I checked order status Monday and one was not refilled because they still needed to contact physician and I re-ordered again knowing it may be an issue with the 4th of July.

Today I arrived to pick up RX's and one was not filled because they were out of this very popular blood pressure med. They said it would be a couple more days yet. I explained I ordered this in plenty of time and should have had filled by now. Lady behind counter said she would double check when available and wanted to know if I was out. I told her not out yet and planned on not coming back for a while. She said she would check on it. A few minutes later she came back and said it would be ready in 20 minutes. I duly waited my 20 minutes and checked back. They had 2nd Rx ready and I picked it up. I commented that I was very unhappy that I had to wait for RX because they were supposedly out and I ordered the previous week. She replied it was late due to the holiday.

Well Walmart Pharmacy I think you need to invest in a calendar that notes weekends and Holidays. Last December when I placed my first order several days early and they were not ready due to being out and it was the holidays, In March of the this year I ordered 2nd batch of RX's and they were out and not ready due to weekend. Of course my third order today was late due to Holiday. On my way home from Kearney I located a small pharmacy only six miles from where I live and had them transfer all my RX's to them. Shame on you and your same day pharmacy service, especially when all 3 meds are very common prescriptions.

I've been using this pharmacy for about 2 years now and I have to say I'm more than pleased. I'm actually closer to another branch but I choose to go where people treat me right. I've been to other pharmacies where I'm treated like a junkie or a criminal meanwhile I'm a single dad who's just trying to do the best he can. The staff all know me. We can even joke around and they always help me if I have a question. They've even gone out of their way to find coupons for me because I don't have insurance. Now they don't have to do any of that it's not at all in their job description but they still do. I would recommend this branch to anyone needing to switch. Bravo to the entire staff.

I have my prescriptions filled by Wal-Mart in Taylor PA. I'm concerned about Pharmacists that work there. Pretty much on an every other month the pharmacists there DON'T read my notes and I end up driving back to get the order right. I am worried that they are going to mess up with an order because they do not read. They filled the order wrong again and I called Walmart and the person said I'm sorry. I said, "Can you please send someone here to pick up the mistake?" "No we don't have anyone for that." I was talking to someone else about this and they said this happens to a few people he knew. SO I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS A PROBLEM WITH THEM. Then if you call 1800 Wal-Mart they tell you they're busy call back later. They CARE.

Pharmacy - Store 3236 - I am reporting a pharmacy employee Zan and Pharmacy manager Jemma **. I gave my prescription to Zan who Very Rudely asked if I had insurance! Told her yes, and that all my information was in the computer. Zan started screaming that there is NO INSURANCE INFO in the system AND if I have a CHARITY VOUCHER! While SCREAMING! Jemma ** did absolutely nothing to de-escalate the situation. Keep in mind I have been filling prescriptions at Walmart for over 10 yrs. with the same insurance company.

I was near the pharmacy at the East Rome, GA Walmart, when a man walks up beside me and just walks off with my shopping cart. I wasn't even sure how to respond at first, but managed a meek "umm...hey... that's my cart..." Of course, I was ignored. I stated a little louder "Excuse me?" Again, nothing. He just kept on walking. Well, I'm not going to stand there and allow myself to be a victim, so I said loudly "Excuse me! That's my cart!" He finally stopped, and returned it. This wasn't a big deal, maybe it was just an accident... but either way, *he* was the one in the wrong, NOT me.

Unfortunately, an employee in the pharmacy saw fit to state how "rude" I was (for what, refusing to be a doormat to a cart thief?). She made sarcastic remarks about me, stating "She didn't have to be so nice about it". So basically, I am being victimized by a Walmart employee for being the victim of an attempted cart theft. This is incredibly unprofessional behavior, and I do not appreciate being spoken about in this manner. I did not get the employee's name, but this event occurred on Sunday, at around 5:15 pm at the pharmacy inside the Walmart on Cartersville Hwy in Rome, GA. Neither me, nor my partner, will be returning to any Walmart location in the future.

Pathetic service. I have been informed by the girl to pick up my prescription after 25 minutes. And even after an hour they don't even know who I am. And olderly lady is trying to search my prescription which she couldn't get hold off.

My wife, who has been taking the same thyroid medication for years went to Walmart in Morgantown, PA to get her prescription. She was given the wrong pills. These generic pills have the same active ingredients as the pills she has been taking for the last 20 years, but the inactive ingredient are much higher in salt content which raises her blood pressure. The pharmacists was very rude insisting that the pills were the same. Having worked for the FDA and having checked with two other pharmacists, the FDA, and the Drug Manufacturer, I found out that I was right. And since we had gotten her prescription at this Walmart for about a year, I wanted to know why he couldn't fill it. He told us it was company policy and told me to call 1 800 Walmart to get the company's policy.

I asked to have his name and Pharmacy License info and he refused to give it to me. My assumption is that he does not have one. It is my understanding that as a Licensed Pharmacist in the state of PA he is required to give this information upon request. He continued to be rude and had my wife so upset that she was crying. I asked to speak to the manager and he replied they did not have one as he walked away from us. He then found that they had 55 of the 90 pills for her prescription but would not be getting any more in.

We have had many other problems with this Walmart: Employees smoking at the entrances and not the State's required distance away from the entrance. Employees being yelled at by supervisors and managers in front of customers. I watched a male manager yelling at a female employee to the point of making her cry. When I went to her aid I was told to mind my own business and the employee was told to get back to work. When I confronted the manager, I was told to get out of the store or he would call the police. I went outside and called the police but they couldn't do anything about it. I cannot believe that Walmart Corp. allows this kind of behavior and does not do something about this.

I am reporting a pharmacy employee named Chris, and the pharmacist who was on duty and in charge at the time, Doug. First let me say that I have reported Chris before to the store managers at least twice, and nothing gets done about him. He is consistently rude to me and my husband when we come in, and has a very cocky attitude.

Tonight, 5/5/17 @ around 8 pm, I asked my husband to drop off my script for me. I am disabled with knee issues; my legs hurt so I waited in the car for him. We were on our cellphones to each other while he dropped the script off, so that I could hear how much it would cost. When my husband asked Chris to give him the amount, he spoke to him very rudely. Now, we have no problem obeying rules, and completely understand the 'privacy issue', but what we DO have a problem with is, HOW WE ARE BEING ASKED TO DO SOMETHING. What Chris SHOULD'VE said was, "Sir, I'm sorry, but I have to ask you to not be on your phone because of privacy issues, then I'd be happy to help you." But he didn't. What he said was, "You gotta get off your phone or I can't talk to you." My husband took the script and left.

I went in, alone, and asked Edgar at the register if HE could help me, and when he began, Chris flew over by us and immediately started harassing me. He looked at me, started laughing and said to Edgar, "She brought it back in!" I said,"Excuse me, brought it back in? And why are you laughing?" He said, "Your husband just came in here." That is when I said, "Yes I know, and you spoke to him very rudely." At that point Chris yanked down a laminated sign that was hanging from the counter. He held it in front of my face, raised his voice and cockily said, "You see this sign! You see this sign!" He spoke to me in such a disrespectful manner, I went over to the register and saw that Doug was standing in near proximity to the whole thing. He could hear how his employee was talking to me, and he most likely saw how he yanked the sign down and waved it in front of my face.

HE DID NOTHING TO DE-ESCALATE the problem, or to even HANDLE THE PROBLEM! He just let Chris continue to speak to me that way. They both treated me terribly. I asked Doug, "Are you going to let him continue to speak to me that way?" He responded with, "Have someone else help you." He didn't even attempt to move from his spot at his computer. I told him that EDGAR was helping me, and that Chris had no business in any of this. I went back over to Edgar where Chris continued laughing and talking crap about me under his breath to Edgar and another male employee that was there. I finally lost my cool and called Chris a little jerk, which he seemed delightedly about, because he laughed even louder and continued to run his mouth about the sign. I again went over to seek Doug's help, but again, he continued to do nothing.

An Assistant Manager, Terry showed up and I explained the whole thing to him. Upon doing so, Chris then loudly said to me, "HE (Terry) can't to anything to me, because he's not my boss and he's not with pharmacy." He continued talking and laughing looking at me and then whispering to Edgar. I pointed out to Terry his laughing; he blatantly saw it and did nothing, and said nothing to this employee. I asked him if he thought the laughing was right, in which he said no. I said that Chris was instigating and that he should NOT BE WORKING WITH THE PUBLIC. He told me HE could do nothing because it was 'pharmacy'. WHO IS GOING TO DEAL WITH THIS EMPLOYEE? Don't you see that he is literally shaming the face of Walmart? Is THIS the kind of person you want representing your company? HOW IS THIS BEHAVIOR ETHICAL? Doesn't Walmart have a responsibility and obligation to treat its customers with respect?

Every time I come in when Chris is there, he treats me rudely. He is sexist, and I would say Doug is a sexist as well. I mean, would he have done nothing if Chris did all this to a MAN? Or is Chris just racist because I'm ** and he is not? I never see or hear him talk to other races in this manner? Or could it be that he is prejudice because I am disabled?

This guy has the attitude of a spoiled child that gets away with murder because his superiors are not disciplining his actions. Is it because he is not **, and they are afraid of stepping on his toes? Or is it because he is not ** AND on a work/education visa, or scholarship, that he is not being reprimanded? Whatever the case, he is this cocky and unafraid because he is being allowed to crap all over those who CHOOSE Walmart pharmacy to fill their medication needs. Everyone else in that pharmacy is wonderful, we are always treated very nice. Chris is the only bad apple in the crew.

I am on several medications, and have been on some of them for many years. I had to get an exception for one, so I could get my full order of 90 tablets for a 30 day supply. This is one that if I miss a dose, I go through withdrawals. Well, when I got my refill the pharmacist called me, she said she didn't have the full amount. I needed some to get me through until their order came in, she said she can do that. I just called to tell them I would be there tomorrow to pick up the rest, only to be told I have to get a new prescription. She said, "When you accepted a lesser amount you're accepting as if that is what the doctor wrote for." Well, I was never told that, I would never have accepted that.

I am disabled and alone, I now have to go through withdrawals and, I will be in no shape in 10 days to call my refill in and catch the bus to go pick it up. I hope that I will be able to take my other meds. I have had nothing but problems with Walmart and Walmart.com for the last few months. I am done with them, my business is going elsewhere.

Called in prescription, went to pick it up. They said somehow the phone did not pick it up. I asked if I could come back later that evening to get it and she said fine. When I can be back they only had 8 pills. I usually get 3 months at a time because I take care of a bedridden patient. So... A few days later I have to go back to get the rest of that prescription only to find out they have changed hours without telling me (or anyone). I guess they do not think prescriptions for people are all that important?? So I am going back for my 4th time tomorrow to get one prescription. They could care less about people. They have the worse pharmacy hours of anyone already and they have some nerve to cut another hour off their already horrible hours. I am saying bye to this irritating group of people who could care less about their customers... They are just too big and powerful to give a rip!

Discharged from hospital, counselor cited hospital pharm price of $12 for generic, but suggested Wal-Mart as low-cost supplier with $4 program and sole source for affordable diabetic supplies. Discharged four hours after estimated time, little window for wife to collect generics and test supplies. Pharmacist told her about seven day return policy. Filled generic ** and ** (each $12 at hospital) for $90 each. Pharmacist refused return of unopened bag next morning. Explained price even higher than on-line since no coupon was presented. Oh, yes. The glucose meter had a dead betters and reports 50% errors in testing. Replacement FreeStyle Lite more sensitive with 95 percent read.

Very Rude Pharmacy Manager Derek. Wal-Mart Pharmacy did not have one of my prescriptions ready although they'd had plenty of time to fill. So I drove forty minutes back home then came back, stood in line 15 minutes and was told it still wasn't ready, told to come back in 20 minutes, returned again and told it still wasn't ready. Finally after sometime I was paged by the pharmacy manager, as I was walking up to rx desk I said, "It's a miracle!" The rx manager took offense to this and said "Do you want to take your business elsewhere?" I said, "I'll think about that." The rx manager said "Are you going to stop being condescending and treat us respectfully?" I then said, "Condescending? Respectfully?" He then tried his best at being sarcastic ie, explaining their meaning.

This young man should not be within 50 ft of a customer. He continued to push his rank trying to force me to give him respect? Respect is earned, which he obviously doesn't get. The younger generation think it is acceptable to be rude and hateful to their customers! What they don't care to understand is without customers they have no jobs!

I was feeling rather funny as if I was in an airplane making its final descent. I could feel the pressure in my head and thought I had better get my blood pressure checked. I wanted to have it checked right away and thought I could go to the ER or to Walmart. It was a "no brainer" and off to Wal-Mart I went. They have a wonderful free blood pressure machine that does lots of other things as well. Thank you Wal-Mart, I got my answer. I returned to the same machine several days in a row. I felt like I had a friend and health partner provided by the good folks at Wal-Mart. Of course, I purchased something every day. Who wouldn't?

I've never had any issues with Walmart Pharmacy. The employees there have always been knowledgeable and quick. Pharmacist always gets to know the customers and makes us feel important. Good team.

I have no problems with my Walmart. The pharm people are excellent and knowledgeable. They have enough people to kick out the prescriptions. And so there's hardly any wait time -- my Walmart pharmacy is in Dallas on Montfort and Arapaho road.

Wal-Mart is a no nonsense place to get your prescriptions at a reasonable price. They have a 90 day supply offer that can't be beat by any of the competitors out there.

Wal-Mart handles a lot of prescriptions, probably more than any other facility. However the waiting lines are always long, snake around & move slowly. The good news is you can check out with your other merchandise if you have a relative small amount of items. The bad news is the pharmacist is not willing to give you advice now regarding which OTC items may work better and in 20 years I have been given the wrong RX twice. I get the feeling you're only a number.

Great personalized advice and instruction from the pharmacist. Quick to resolve problems. I don't hesitate to ask locations for products from the clerks.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Walmart operates in-store and online pharmacies in most of its supercenter stores. Its pharmacies provide customers with discount brand name and generic prescriptions for consumers or their pets. Prescription refills are easy and they offer home delivery for medications, including pet medicine.

• Prescription refills: Customers can refill prescriptions with Walmart’s online pharmacy by either logging into their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkout involves entering a date of birth and the prescription number located on the label. Seven prescriptions can be refilled at once. Walmart also has a $4 generic prescription list available for online ordering.
  • Home delivery: Walmart provides online pricing, ordering and delivery on 90-day prescriptions. Consumers can call a toll-free number to place an order for delivery or log in to their online account. Delivery is free for standard five- to seven-day shipping, $8 for second-day delivery and $15 for overnight delivery. Payments must be made by credit card.
  • Mobile pharmacy app: Consumers can download the Walmart app to manage their prescription orders, transfer prescriptions, see the $4 prescription list and place guest refills from the app 24/7. The app is available for Apple and Android devices.
  • Pet medications: Customers with veterinary-prescribed medications can get them filled at Walmart in-store or online. Consumers can use the mobile app for a quick and easy way to fill pet prescriptions.
  • Specialty pharmacy: Walmart's specialty pharmacy consists of a team of pharmacists, nurses and insurance experts to help consumers with special treatment plans achieve their treatment goals. It helps treat numerous diseases such as cancer, anemia, HIV/AIDS and cystic fibrosis. The specialty pharmacy offers online ordering, free temperature-controlled overnight shipping and reimbursement insurance claim assistance.
  • Accreditation: Walmart Pharmacy is accredited by the URAC for its specialty pharmacy services and also holds accreditation by VIPPS for general pharmacy practices.
  • Best for consumers needing specialty pharmacy services and a wide range of discounted prescription medications.

Compare Online Pharmacies