Wal-Mart Pharmacy

Wal-Mart Pharmacy
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.87/5
Based on 1,808 ratings

Wal-Mart Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart Pharmacy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: April 24, 2020

I am quarantined in Nh but usually live in MA. The Walmart pharmacy would not mail me my prescription even though we are in a PANDEMIC and on lockdown. So, after pulling teeth, and a ton of reps who "didn't have any answers", I have it sent to a NH location, and then, the walmart in NH almost tripled the cost of the prescription. Walmart does not care that we are on lockdown and is making it impossible for me to get a much needed medication. My only option at this point is to pay 3x the amount for it. Greedy disgusting thing to do to people during a pandemic when they know most of us are out of jobs. WOW. GREAT JOB WALMART.

Original review: April 13, 2020

Hello all, I am posting a different kind of review about my pharmacy here.... I use Walmart Pharmacy for my prescriptions, and have asked them repeatedly to stop having an automated robo call sent to me every time I request a refill, but they will not do so. Despite the fact that every single time I contact the pharmacy, and ask to be removed from this feature.

These robo calls are relentless, and last forever, never providing a means to stop them. At least not before I have to finaly give up on waiting for the option. It is an overly detailed recording that is providing numerous numbers to call, for this that or another, and explaining the process of contacting me for what seems like an eternity. To the point where I can no longer sit through it anymore, and hang up.

The reason I am complaining about the pharmacy for this, is because I have contacted them directly several times to stop this, and they always say it will stop, but it does not stop. I do not appreciate being lied to by my pharmacist, and this is what is happening. Personally, I think the person who answers the phone has call center mentality, and is just trying to get off the phone without having to do anything. I realize that dealing with angry customers on the phone is trying, but if you do not want to do your job then QUIT, and let someone else who needs employment take the job. Jobs nowadays are too hard to come by, for lazy people to be filling positions they cannot handle, while hardworking people are out there struggling!!

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2020

I go out of my way to go to this Wal-Mart but the action of the pharmacy today has left me outdone! At 4:48, I received a message that the COUGH medicine I have been waiting for since Thursday, because given that COVID-19 is primarily a COUGH, Wal-Mart, a pharmacy that I go to because I can get medicine there for less than 1/4 what it costs, with insurance, at the nearest pharmacy, let the COUGH MEDICINE supply run out, knowing, because they told me so when I called, that there would not be another delivery for 5 days.

The same text said that the pharmacy was open until 6. I threw on clothes and a used mask, drove across town, waited in line, snaking all around the parking lot, 6 ft away from crazy people with no or inadequate protection, touching all over baskets and cavorting around, for 30 minutes, got into the store, went to the pharmacy where there was a whole line of people, 6ft apart staring incredulously at the cages trying to figure out what the procedure was because we had all gotten texts at the same time that our medicine was ready.

Finally, a Wal-Mart worker confirmed that the pharmacy, which had just texted a bunch of sick people to come get our medicines and made us stand in line for 30 minutes in the parking lot, was closed 1 hour early--and hadn't bothered to text that salient fact. I have asthma, COPD, and sarcoidosis through no fault of my own and am firmly in the group most likely to die and these people capriciously risked my and others' lives to leave an hour early for something they didn't know about 12 minutes earlier when they sent the text telling us to come get our medications?

Original review: April 1, 2020

I called Wal-Mart Pharmacy customer service this morning to find out about your prescription medicine delivery service because I am disabled and my family is in the high risk category for COVID-19. I got the rep on the phone and asked her about this and she said I had to call my insurance company and then my doctor so they can set up an account, which is fine, but the script has already filled, and is waiting at the store. I just needed it delivered. So I asked her what I could do to get it today.

At that, she raised her voice and sarcastically repeated what she just said and then told me I had to pay a premium for the Walmart app and also pay for delivery to get my medicine. She wouldn’t answer my questions about why I had to pay when your competitors, like CVS, offer free delivery. Your rep was very rude and discourteous to me when I needed her help. Now I have to find a way to go out myself even though I’m disabled and at high risk! I told her from now on we will use CVS— no fuss and free.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Through with Walmart Pharmacy. Lately my medications are on backorder more and more frequently. Even common medications such as blood pressure medicine. Now I have developed shingles in my right eye. Eye Dr called in a prescription eye gel. Now, this is serious, I could suffer permanent damage to my eye if not treated soon enough. It's now been 5 days since my prescription order was placed. They say it is on backorder. I was lucky enough that the Dr. had a couple of samples, but she gave me the last two and I only have enough for today's dosage. I don't believe this "backorder" excuse. It's walmart, they are not willing to employ enough people to get the job done. That being said I intend to call them today and tell them to just transfer that $474 medication to CVS.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I dropped off 3 prescription on Tuesday 01/21/20, two were filled, one did have a diagnosis code. The third one they said had no diagnosis code. So I called the doctor office. The pharmacy said they faxed the doctor office. So Wednesday I called the doctor office left message. Thursday I called the doctor office left message. Friday I called the doctor office. Explained the issue. So I finally got through. They called the pharmacy with the diagnosis code. Now I go online to check status. Medication not in stock. We will contact you in 1 to 2 days, that was Friday. Today is Sunday 01/26/20. Now wouldn't you think they would order the medication prior to Friday.

So last month I did a review online, because I requested a refill three days before it was needed. Well they waited until they were going to fill the prescription to realize it was not in stock, so now I think this is my punishment for the review. They are going to fill the prescription when they feel like it. While I am suffering with a migraine. Why is there so many spiteful people out there. This is day 5. From now on I'm going to make a copy of the prescription, so I'll know in advance if the diagnosis code is there. Maybe I should take my business somewhere else. Give better service, you'll get a better review.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

After my first visit to a Pain Clinic, I took a prescription to Walmart for a narcotic. I’ve taken narcotics before after surgeries and I’ve never had problems before. When I’m not in pain, I just don’t take pain medicine. Walmart’s pharmacy staff made me feel like a junkie with all the questions about what it was for and why I went to that particular pain clinic! They initially sent the prescription back to me by my husband after I was told on the phone, by the pharmacist, that he would fill it and after he or somebody wrote back pain on my actual prescription.

I took it back the next day and told them the correct diagnosis but they didn’t correct it in their system and filed it wrong! After all this, I was still only going to be allowed a seven days of narcotics for a chronic injury because of Walmart’s policy. So when I went back to the Pain Clinic this month and back to Walmart, I’m thinking a full month refill, nope! They never corrected the diagnosis! So when I told them my diagnosis and it was different from the last diagnosis, I was only given seven days again!

My daughter picked up the prescription for me. Nobody called to tell me 'bout the partial refill and they didn’t tell my daughter! I found out when I checked my meds. Although I was supposed to receive a call informing me, I didn’t, because that part of their policy isn’t important! And since it was already filled, I was accused of giving false information to the pharmacist! Because they can’t make mistakes! Ever! I’m not capable of knowing whether or not I have chronic back pain or shoulder pain! They refused to call my doctor to verify the information also! All this is five hours after the 45 minutes I was told that my prescriptions would be ready! Walmart Pharmacy sucks! WE’RE NOT ALL DRUG ADDICTS!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

Took my script in to be filled, the woman tech said she could fill my script, all the while looking at her computer. She told me to come back in an hour. When I went back in two hours she handed me my script and said she could not fill it. This woman is playing God as there were enough meds to fill my script. She is rude and talks down to people. Many complaints have been lodged against her to the now departed Pharmacist who was demoted and relocated.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I am so unhappy about the service and attitudes of the staff and pharmacists at this store. Last month I took a prescription in for a cough medicine that they said was a narcotic and the pharmacist "chose" to not fill it. She said that the other pharmacists would, but she personally chose to not fill narcotics for this doctor (from a reputable, local doctor). Who is she to decide who to fill prescriptions for? I took in a prescription yesterday for something I have been on for 10 year, but the dosage had changed. It was a printed prescription on the doctor's form. They acted like I was a criminal and wouldn't fill it without verifying with the doctor that it was legitimate.

I walked around for an hour in pain waiting before going back and being told that they had to leave a message and were waiting for a call back. They could have easily called me back and told me that. Because of the pain I had to leave and we have to go back tomorrow. They said they had called, but when I talked to the nurse from the doctor's office she had not had a call from them. They are not God!!!! The techs are hateful and all treat you like you are scum if you get anything to do with mental health or pain filled.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

My insurance last year eliminated the over 20 year satisfied use of my previous pharmacy leaving me with limited options. Walmart Pharmacy in Brockport NY is what I was left with in my town and it has been an insufferable nightmare since with a few exceptions that allowed me to give it an additional star. It is so bad. Just thinking of going there gives me such extreme anxiety and they rarely fail to deliver on the causes of that. Last night put me over the edge. There have been all too many incidents of their slothingly ways of dealing with lines which indicates how little value they have for consumer's time. They get chatty with the customers with long lines making the wait exponentially long over extraneous non essential drivel they placate other customers with. This is fine if there are not others waiting. If there is a line the staff need to move the customers they are with along. Alert them that they need to take the next customer.

I literally ran into the store last night, my last day of being able to pick the items up, as they are constantly returning my items (because as I said their habits of creating such a long waiting experience are cause for such high anxiety I don't want to face it and my time is more valued to me than it is to them unlike previous pharmacy I sadly cannot use). I got there to 2 customers, one that was almost done and one in front of me. Tell me why I was in that line for 20 minutes? 20 MINUTES!!!! The customer then wanted to check out his groceries. This is a case of if there are others in line, it's a solid, "Not today. We have a line." Particularly if only one of the 5 people in the back is out there checking out customers. Maybe if two were doing that it would be okay.

Next a woman is called up who has an issue with her insurance, Walmart's computer is saying she picked up a script that she had 3 left of. She said she didn't, they said she could not get another until January and it became a long drawn out thing. No one said, "Hold on let me check out this other customer and get back to you," nope they can just stand there even though they look like they are about to freak right out from being held up so long. Not, "Hey, can one of you guys back there come check out customers," NOTHING!!!! Nope just lady in line, yet again, you don't matter, your time don't matter, we have groceries to check out with this chatty guy (I have been behind that dude before and he has held me up before and they just let him). And I get to be privy to the drama when I needed desperately to be somewhere and this stop as per usual screwed that up.

The worst part is AFTER I waited 20 minutes for TWO PEOPLE on a serious time budget, I get called up and as soon as I step up to the counter suddenly that is when one of the people in the back come up to check out the person after me. WHY did they not do that when chat man with his groceries was there? WHY did they not do that when insurance drama lady was there? The person behind me had just arrived but they got the red carpet instant second check out person availed to them?

Even more insult to injury, which fully disgusted me, the check out lady that made me wait for her to play games with these other folks and my time, says to me, "I am going as fast as I can!." And "Do you want to come back another time to pick these up?" I almost lost it. Making me wait 20 minutes is not as fast as you can when there were other people who could have come up to help me while you were with those other two, but let me just stand there having a panic attack for 20 minutes straight. And I had to strategically plan that window of time for pick up that made me have to call and ask them to hold my scripts that had been there almost 2 weeks so they did not put them back again, I was on the last day and she asks me after I waited 20 minutes to come back???? NO you get the person from the back to come up and move the line along and when there is drama you don't make others wait for that!!!!

I had family in from out of town that I never see and had a limited time to be with them and this cut into that few hours I had and I am devastated. But this is not a one time incident with them. I had to wait 20 minutes for a freaking consult once, just standing there forever, no one bothering to locate the pharmacist. People coming to pick up scripts are sick or injured or in pain quite often and they have far too often just ignored that to do non essential things and not find what would be simple ways to remedy their wait times.

I have had a few incidents where a few staff people have gone above and beyond but when I see a certain few like the blonde woman yesterday I know there is going to be a problem and there always is. She is a catalyst for inconsideration and I need their department to address this promptly and take a look at their inefficiency and lack of concern for their patients. I am incredulous at how they can perpetually and consistently do this to people and this makes me all the more upset that the efficient pharmacy I used prior can no longer service my family needs. I feel stuck with this sub par place that really needs an overhaul.

Walmart author review by ConsumerAffairs

Walmart operates in-store and online pharmacies in most of its supercenter stores. Its pharmacies provide customers with discount brand name and generic prescriptions for consumers or their pets. Prescription refills are easy and they offer home delivery for medications, including pet medicine.

• Prescription refills: Customers can refill prescriptions with Walmart’s online pharmacy by either logging into their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkout involves entering a date of birth and the prescription number located on the label. Seven prescriptions can be refilled at once. Walmart also has a $4 generic prescription list available for online ordering.

• Home delivery: Walmart provides online pricing, ordering and delivery on 90-day prescriptions. Consumers can call a toll-free number to place an order for delivery or log in to their online account. Delivery is free for standard five- to seven-day shipping, $8 for second-day delivery and $15 for overnight delivery. Payments must be made by credit card.

• Mobile pharmacy app: Consumers can download the Walmart app to manage their prescription orders, transfer prescriptions, see the $4 prescription list and place guest refills from the app 24/7. The app is available for Apple and Android devices.

• Pet medications: Customers with veterinary-prescribed medications can get them filled at Walmart in-store or online. Consumers can use the mobile app for a quick and easy way to fill pet prescriptions.

• Specialty pharmacy: Walmart's specialty pharmacy consists of a team of pharmacists, nurses and insurance experts to help consumers with special treatment plans achieve their treatment goals. It helps treat numerous diseases such as cancer, anemia, HIV/AIDS and cystic fibrosis. The specialty pharmacy offers online ordering, free temperature-controlled overnight shipping and reimbursement insurance claim assistance.

• Accreditation: Walmart Pharmacy is accredited by the URAC for its specialty pharmacy services and also holds accreditation by VIPPS for general pharmacy practices.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team