1.20/5
Based on 73 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1096 Wal-Mart Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

This review is directed at Walmart Corporation not their underpaid underappreciated employees. Walmart plays this game of charging you full price as often as they can get away with it. It doesn’t matter how recent or often you have updated your health insurance and prescription drug coverage. They will claim that the drug is not covered or that your insurance doesn’t cover it. Most likely both are lies.

They also have horrible inventory control. Their computer system tied to the electronic calling system are horrible, and unrelenting. I have been told that all of my prescriptions have been filled and ready. So I go to the store to pick them up and am told, only 1 of the seven is available, two are on back order, two can only be partially filled and we have not filled the other yet. I went there to try and save money. But driving eight miles to be told they are not ready waste enough gas to make shopping there a mistake. Don’t trust Walmart. Don’t believe Walmart. Don’t drive to their pharmacy because you received a call saying everything is ready. Their Pharmacies could not be worse.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I am a well educated person, was waiting at the pharmacy for a long time, came up that the pharmacist was waiting for the dr to call to clarify a dosage of a laxative for my baby, when I tried to ask her nicely saying if there is two doses can we go with the lower dose, once of a sudden she started screaming and talking at me saying I can’t I can’t I can’t. Everyone in line was giving me that look such as a drug addict was trying to force the pharmacist to give him something. This is not a way to talk to a customer and of course after two hours of waiting time she refused to call the pediatric office and we walked out without the medication. If you care about your time and see that you deserve some respect find another nearby pharmacy to deal with. Pharmacist’s name is: April ** at Walmart Pharmacy Tega Cay, South Carolina.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I am writing this review so that everyone is aware of what Walmart is doing to the people who find themselves at the end of the journey to relieve their pain and are on pain management. Not one pain management patient I have talked to desires to be where we are. Most if not all have already gone through Xrays, MRI, CAT Scans, injections, physical therapy, psychology and surgeries. We end up on pain management because there are no more treatments!!! This enables us to get out of bed in the morning, go to work to support our families or provide us with enough pain relief that we can enjoy our lives. There is no "high" that we get from pain medications... it's for pain relief only. Our pain management physician has all of our doctor reports and is very well aware of why we are sitting in their office. We do not go to them first... we go to them LAST.

I would love to not have to take pain meds but I do. Now we have a Walmart pharmacist telling us that we can't have anymore pills than a 7 day supply. Are you kidding me? In my case he refused to fill it because I have a pain pump. The same doctor who fills my pump is the same doctor that called in the medication. Since when does a pharmacist override a doctor's orders? For all of you pain management patients out there do not spend another penny at Walmart pharmacy. If they are going to refuse us, turn us away then we MUST turn our business to someone who cares. Walmart is not going to solve this so called ** crisis. What has happened is the DEA can't find the people on the street that are dealing the pills. That is too hard for them. So they are going to come after us because we are in plain sight.

We are registered online, they know what we take and our doctor and pharmacy. It's a lot easier to attack us than to find the street dealers. Unfortunately a side effect from ** medication is dependence. It's an ugly one no different than the side effects from chemotherapy for cancer patients. It doesn't make us drug addicts. It's time we stand up, unite for each other and find a pharmacy that does not judge based on a prescription. I hope every Walmart pharmacist comes to work everyday with no prescriptions to fill. Probably not going to happen but the Walmart pharmacist has 10 less prescriptions to fill from my family.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I am currently without insurance for a couple more months, and was told last month that Walmart would no longer be accepting discount cards for **. My doctors took me off of NSAIDs because of blood pressure issues, and my bp has gotten better! I can't take **, won't take ** bc of seizures. So what does that leave? **. But, like my doctor said, "change your pharmacy, YOU ARE MY LIABILITY, NOT WALMART'S!" So, I picked up my script of ** today, and will NEVER, EVER set foot in Walmart again. Btwn the new pharmacy, Hy-vee Costco, and AMAZON... I'LL BE JUST FINE. WALMART has way overstepped their bounds, and will never get another dime from me. It blows my mind they are so concerned for us, mostly baby boomers... yet. Are NOT about the child-labor sweatshops that they use in China to make their products. That is beyond PATHETIC.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Walmart is a rip off - I will not go back. I went to see an eye doctor today & he looked up online to see which place is cheaper. He showed me the computer screen & the cheapest was $17 at Walmart. When I went in to get it they said it was $42. This is the 2nd time they’ve done this - the first time it was a different medication that I got at Safeway for $13 and Walmart charged me $65.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: July 26, 2018

I went to Walmart here in Fairbanks, AK and they always nicely fill my scripts. Well, I go back there for a refill and there was a new pharmacist working one I never dealt with before. The worker nicely runs my script and says, "Let me see if I got enough". Then the new pharmacist quickly runs over to see what my script is... without hesitation she rudely denies me right there on the spot???? With disgust in her face???? Unbelievable! Her reason was "I don't feel comfortable filling this." Ummm... it's not like I brought a ** script in, I brought my ** script that I been on for over 3yrs.

I have lumbar joint back pain. I mean this is WALMART PHARMACY where they professionalize in filling their customer's prescriptions... they even have ads that ACTUALLY say "OUR PROFESSIONAL PHARMACY WILL GLADLY FILL YOUR PRESCRIPTION. JUST BRING IT RIGHT IN."???? BULLCRAP!! I'll tell everybody to bring their prescriptions to Fred Meyer's pharmacy instead. They don't discriminate against anybody by the way they look!!!!

Original review: July 19, 2018

Husband pain management doctor called in a prescription for narcotic... the same meds he has taken for years. They refused to fill it because my husband has a pain pump. The pills are for breakthrough pain which is better than a bolus machine. The pharmacist started rattling off the side effects to taking the medication. I interrupted him asking if he had a MD behind his name. What makes a pharmacist believe he has a right to overstep the doctor. Pulling all my meds out of Walmart and going back to my neighborhood pharmacy.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I've been taking pain pills for years now. (Which is the lowest dose.) Suddenly I'm told by Walmart that unless I switch Doctors and go to pain management that they would not fill my prescription. I had no choice as no other pharmacy would accept me in this small town but to switch doctors. Mind you I still have anxiety going to my normal Dr. Along with my narrowed spine, I have chronic migraines, anxiety (which the new Dr wont allow me to take meds for now and I ONLY took as needed not every day), PTSD from my mother being killed in front of me, gout and I could go on...

This is causing me sooooo much more added anxiety and stress!!! I'm being treated like a drug addict. I want to go back to my regular Dr. I will gladly test for her. This just isn't right. They shouldn't be able to make me go to any certain Dr. and they shouldn't be able to undermine what medicines my Dr. has prescribed for me. If anyone has a lawsuit going for the same thing I'm interested in joining.

Original review: July 6, 2018

My wife went to WalMart to get our Meds since we use Humana and WalMart is the preferred pharmacy, we started to get our Meds there. I can tell you that the pharmacist was horrible. I went to pick up our medicine, since the system had called me to let me know that it was ready. The lady at the pick up side said that she did not have it ready. I said to her that I got a call and it said that it was ready, and asked to speak with the pharmacist. He came in and started to speak to me which I could not understand him, his accent was so thick. I am an immigrant and do know about thick accents since I had one, then, he asked me to go to CVS or to Walgreens. Well those pharmacies are NOT my preferred one. Please Wal-Mart take care of this mess.

Original review: June 20, 2018

My 5 yr old son had surgery this morning and got discharged at 10am. We dropped the prescription off at 10:15am. So then I get a phone call that it's the wrong strength and that she would call the dr as soon as she got off the phone with me. So then she calls me back and said that she had to leave a voicemail and that I should call to get it going faster. So I did it because my son just had surgery and they don't care. When I was a pharm tech I would elevate the call to the dr. But nope we didn't get that service. So I called at 6:30 pm because I thought I would of received a phone call that it was ready but NOPE! So they said it was ready. It's not how you run a pharmacy! I want something done!!!

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have been picking up my pain medicine from my local Walmart for years. Today I went in and they told me my script will be less than the normal amount. I inquired why and the man rudely stated, "Because people abuse these pills and you now have to manage your pain better". I told him I was in a severe accident and need my regular dosage that my body is used to. I asked if he could contact my dr to see if it was a mistake. He stated that even if it was a mistake and got corrected, he would contact my dr again and make him give me even less medicine. What gives this pharmacist the right to do that? He does not know my medical history. I was so embarrassed by this man today.

Original review: June 13, 2018

For the last 2 months the Wal-Mart Pharmacy in Kimball Tennessee don't have most of my prescriptions. I have to wait or go somewhere else. I have been using this pharmacy since it opened. I can see one but not three.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I am so mad at Walmart Pharmacy I could scream. I am a pain management patient. Have been for years. I use a discount card SingleCare to purchase my pain meds. Have for a couple of years. I am on Social Security Disability and don't have Medicare yet and no Medicaid. I can't afford insurance, so I rely on discount cards so I can afford my medications. Today I get a text my prescription is ready, instead of my usual $20.00 it's $105.00. I call them and they don't take discount cards for pain medications anymore. Because I might be a druggie. I have to have someone get my prescription and take it Walgreens where it's going to more than double my cost. I am disabled and can't get around to do this for myself right now. WALMART THERE ARE HONEST PEOPLE IN TREATMENT, WHO NEED THESE MEDS. I got my social security disability first try because of my pain. Corporate can go to hell.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I work in medicine for a major pharmaceutical company and have for over a decade. I understand the rules and why things have to be the way they are. That doesnt mean I agree with them. Walmart pharmacists are the worst. They are in general arrogant and obviously have esteem issues among other things. I unfortunately have been terribly ill and did not realize how absolutely invasive and offensive pharmacists can be. They had the nerve to lecture me about a medication that my doctor and I agreed to taking.

Who do they think they are? Count the little white things and put them in a bottle PER MY DOCTOR'S ORDER. The laws have empowered these fools into thinking they are somehow defenders of the planet. They need a dose of reality badly. They have no understanding of my medical history or medical needs based on a prescription. Give me what my doctor tells you to give me and STFU.

I as well as everyone has to be accountable for themselves and do not need multiple layers of idiots telling me something written by the DEA or some corporate attorney. I am the decider at the end of the day what I want to put in my body and for how long. There is so much misinformation, bad data and totally fraudulent studies used to the agenda of a few and we "people" here at the bottom are the victims. Lastly, Walmart pharmacists...this is directed right at you personally...if I treated people the way you do on a daily basis I would be FIRED. You are not God and not a savior. You are a pill counter. Find another line of work. Feel free to treat people like you do now and then you will get the wonderful opportunity to be treated the same as you wait in line at unemployment.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I contacted my doctor's office asking for a few scripts to be faxed to Walmart Pharmacy on the 23rd, a week in advance, because the Walmart Pharmacy here keeps screwing stuff up. One week later, on the day the prescriptions were to officially be filled, the pharmacy told me they had not received any scripts from my doctor - even though I had verification from my doctor's office on the 23rd, 2 hours after I requested the scripts to be sent to Walmart.

I knew they were full of crap because I had the message from my doctor's office right in front of me. But, I didn't want to argue, I just needed my medication. So, I called the doctor's office and asked them to resend the scripts, which they did. I did not receive notification from the pharmacy that the prescriptions were available for pickup. So, I called them to ask what was going on. They said they now had the scripts (now, double the number of them) but, they couldn't give me the prescriptions until they spoke with the doctor - and that they had called my doctor's office to get the verification code. I called mid afternoon, and they said they still hadn't heard anything from the doctor...and then told me that again when I called in the evening.

So, the next day, I called to see what was going on and Walmart said they were still waiting to hear from the doctor's office. I was getting sick of their crap by then so I called my doctor's office personally to explain what was going on. They informed me, again, that the scripts had been sent to the pharmacy, now more than a week ago. I told them Walmart needed some kind of verification. And, I was told they'd given the verification to the pharmacy before I had called anyone at all. So, in the end, I'm sitting there for 3 days, going through withdrawal from my meds, with a mild fever, vomiting, with a migraine, while Walmart had the scripts and the verification codes from the beginning...then got more scripts...and the verification code again. It was like no one there gave a crap about the situation. If I had not been making all those phone calls, nothing would have gotten done. Their apathy was absolutely baffling.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I have used Walmart's online pharmacy for several years for my monthly supply of medical drugs for Type II diabetes. In the past I have done this by first logging into Walmart.com, then into the online pharmacy where I could check to see how many prescriptions I have remaining and to refill them whenever needed. At some point in 2017 Walmart's online pharmacy changed its online security methodology and from that point I have not been able to be verified or to login at the online pharmacy login site. Each time I was referred to my local Walmart pharmacy store at 1911 Marsha Sharp Fwy, Lubbock, Texas to be "verified" but three trips to my local pharmacy have yet to resolve the login problem.

I have also called Walmart's Customer Service (I assume nationwide) twice who have transferred me twice to their online pharmacy technical people. The first time I was told that my local pharmacy store had somehow deleted my PIN number but the problem would soon be resolved and that I would receive an email by May 11th to verify this resolution.

Having not received any emails from Walmart, today on May 21st, I again called Walmart's Customer Service who again transferred me to the technical people who handle pharmacy tech issues. And again, I was told that my local store has to be a part of resolving this problem which is much more of a problem for older folks who are not as PC literate as myself... Since Walmart's Customer Service has not been able to resolve the issue in two telephone calls and my local pharmacy has not been able to resolve it in three 80-mile round trips there, I may be forced to change my pharmacy if Walmart cannot resolve this technical problem soon.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Won’t fill pain meds from 2002 injury - I have been in pain management since my work accident in 2002. Only problems I have had filling this is from insurance, or lack thereof. On May 10, 2018 I had been to my monthly appointment. He faxes my prescription to Walmart. For several months now, every now and then they are out and I have to return when they get their shipment in.

Well this day I had gone to the dr, on a Thursday and to Walmart, and they said they were out and the shipment would be Tuesday. Nothing unusual YET. I was almost home, when my dr's office called me. She said Walmart says I’m on too high a dose of my pain med. I have been on almost all types since 2002. Including **, ** and early in treatment, **, **. And all in between. I take 4 mg ** up to 5 times a day. This is far from a strong dose. They make 8 mg too. An acquaintance of mine takes 8 mg 3 times a day. I want to know when Walmart became my dr and when they looked over my chart to see everything I have been through since 2002!!! THIS ISNT FAIR AND IT'S NOT THEIR PLACE TO OVERRIDE MY DR’S DECISION.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I took an Uber from My Pain Management to refill my pain meds from an elevator crash 16 years ago breaking my legs and my back. Never had a problem. They were always easy and pleasant to me. When I gave the prescription to the woman at the drop off window she greeted me by name. Said it would be about 30 to 45 minutes. That's fine. I am not mobile. I was in an electric cart. Went and got a few grocery items. Went back. My prescription wasn't ready, another went by. The Pharmacist said the dosage was too high and he needed to confirm from the Dr.??? It was actually lower than last year and lower what my Dr wanted me to take.

He spoke very loudly in front of about 18 people in line and verbally drug shamed me. I was humiliated. I wheeled up to the window and asked him to talk to me in a normal voice and face to face. PLEASE. He was lecturing me on the danger of my pain meds. I told him I was on ** a few years ago and had it changed to something well not so strong. After pointing out to him I am unable to walk he said my name and told me he knew of my condition and then my Dr called and I guess wasn't very nice to him. He came over and said they will be ready in a few minutes.

When I went to pick up and pay this cashier was very rude. Wanted ID. Fine. Well she didn't like my ID even though it is valid and they knew me for 8 years and said They can't sell them to me. OMG. I went nuts and had every manager and customer service person over to see what was going on. This man I had never seen said, "OK this time but never again." This is the only pharmacy even close to me and most don't deliver anymore. Now I have to pick up my meds for anxiety and Parkinson's. I am totally afraid to go in there again. After 8 years with them They treat me like a drug addict.

Original review: May 16, 2018

On several occasions I've tried to fill/refill prescriptions only to be told they are out of stock. What's worse is they say they don't know when inventory will be received. How can a business that absolutely affects the health of consumers not have inventory??? I was without a thyroid medication for nearly a week before. Now, I can't get a prescription for my daughter filled because of this nonsense and she's been without it for 3 days. I've had to call my daughter's pediatrician to see if they will send it to another pharmacy. Walmart tells me they don't know what they're receiving on a daily basis and I'm supposed to call every day to see if the drug is in. No thanks, I'll take my chances with a reputable company going forward.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Took a legitimate prescription to the new Neighborhood WalMart in Murrells Inlet SC located at Frontage Road. The pharmacist called me 5 minutes after I dropped it off angrily stating a schedule 2 med from out of state could not be filled in SC nor at any Walmart, it was the policy. I've been filling this for years without incident. When I arrived I was told the "city where the Rx was written is filled with clinics that write this stuff and hand it out like candy". I'm apparently lucky "she didn't keep my Rx and report me" (for what? trying to fill a prescription?). I asked if she called and verified the Rx but was told "she didn't need to because who knows what kind of relationship I have with this doctor" What the heck?

I filled it successfully elsewhere and called other local Walmarts that said, “No problem. We can fill that.” So she LIED in addition to harassing me! They may not have to fill the prescription (at their discretion) but lying and slander should be off the table. Blatant harassment and profiling and all kind of loud talking about my med, my doctor and our apparent illegal ways. Checking to see if HIPAA violation occurred.

Original review: May 7, 2018

So I have been taking opioid for several years due to major back problems. These last few months of filling my script at Walmart pharmacy had been a pain. They lecture me, make me wait forever and barely want to hand the medication over. I do not abuse the meds. I take them as prescribed by my doctor but they still treat me like I'm an addict. I have all the verification I need from the doctor, insurance company, etc to have this medication legally every month. I went to get it filled today and they told me 30 min it would be done. Check back in 30 and they say they will not fill because they no longer fill prescriptions from my doctor's office. I just don't get it since that has never been a problem before. I think they just make up excuses not to fill prescription pain meds for anybody these days.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I dropped 2 prescriptions to the Walmart Pharmacy on Philips Hwy-Jacksonville FL. One was new (a $4 antibiotic) and the other was a refill of an anti-fungal that I first got filled at the Walmart on Normandy Blvd. It took 2 days for the Philips Hwy Walmart Pharmacy to fill the antibiotic and 5 days to fill the anti-fungal. When I went to pick up the anti-fungal (14 pills, 100mg) I was told the cost was over $91. I disagreed, explaining that it was a $39 Rx refill that I'd already had filled once at the Walmart Pharmacy on Normandy 3 weeks ago and that 2 days prior the Philips Hwy pharmacist had already confirmed the $39 cost for the refill. The tech leaned over the register at me and said "Well, this ISN'T the Walmart Pharmacy on Normandy, this is the Walmart Pharmacy on PHILIPS." I was also told I could not use my Good Rx coupon. I told this Tech that the price isn't right and to cancel the RX, I would transfer it back to the other Walmart Pharmacy.

On the drive over to the other pharmacy I called in the refill to the Normandy location. By the time I got there (25 minutes) the RX was ready at the $39 cost AND they applied my Good Rx coupon so the final cost was $25.94. They couldn't explain to me why the cost was almost double at the other location, or why the other Walmart Pharmacy would not take the coupon. They were just as baffled as I was. I'm still bothered by this discrepancy in cost. This morning I researched all Jacksonville pharmacies for this particular Rx and found the cost NEVER exceeded $39. There's no insurance in play here either. This is a straight cash pay.

There needs to be a full investigation into Walmart pharmacies potentially overcharging their less savvy customers, like seniors or patient advocates or INSURANCE companies for that matter. 100% markup on a generic drug without a rational explanation? Where is the oversight? This is unethical and definitely diminishing people's quality of life. It's gouging the sick. Heinous. Be your own advocate! Always shop your Rx on with an app like Good Rx, call multiple pharmacies or do an online search so that you know what you should be paying vs what the bad pharmacies try to get away with charging you!

Original review: May 1, 2018

I went to the Walmart at I-10 East Freeway @ Freeport St to have my prescription for my pain medicine filled, as I have every 2 weeks for the last 2 years, to be told I needed to have my Doctor fax over my treatment plan. I physically pick up the prescription from my doctor's office and carry it to this same pharmacy every 2 weeks. My doctor did not feel comfortable passing my medical information via fax, anyone would have access to it which is a violation of my rights under HIPAA. The pharmacist refuses to fill my prescription with no good reason. I have seen this doctor since I was 15 years old, I'm 46 now, I think that qualifies as a good doctor/patient relationship.

I am not an abuser of pain medicine, I take it as needed for 2 autoimmune diseases. I do not have insurance as my job does not provide health insurance during probation period so I pay cash. I do not try to have my prescription filled early since I take it as prescribed and my doctor would not release it to me early even if I wanted to. This is ridiculous as to so many innocent people with chronic pain are having to suffer due to pharmacists trying to play the role of doctors. If you want to be a doctor, go to med school. I agree there is an opioid problem but do your research on patient history in your own computers at Walmart. If you see consistency with patients on these meds, don't treat them like abusers. Look for the inconsistencies.

Original review: April 17, 2018

This is my horrible experience with Walmart Pharmacy at 5302 North Garland Ave., Garland Texas 75044, on April/16/2018. This morning after my visit of my doctor, he faxed all my prescriptions to the above pharmacy. After two hours I went to Walmart, I was told that the medications shall be ready until one P.M, so I went back until 2.30 P.M, to make sure it is ready for me. This time I was told it is still not ready & was asked to wait another 10 minutes. Afterward, it is another wait for 10 more minutes, so on & so on. Eventually, I had to leave for my wife who is in the hospital. Walmart is the worse pharmacy I ever experienced. If you don't mind to stuck into a situation of an endless waiting for your prescriptions. Go Ahead & wish you luck!

Original review: March 28, 2018

To make a very long story short, following several months, well no, years of unprofessional service I finally decided to voice my concerns with corporate. I was assured that the situation would be dealt with. Unfortunately I believed this. Recently when I called to ask a question the person I spoke with wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise, we were going nowhere as we were now raising OUR voices, so I hung up. The individual actually called me back within minutes and told me to never come into that pharmacy again as I wasn't welcomed there and hung up!! Can you say Human Rights issue? This store in Niagara Falls NY has the most ignorant, non-professionals that one can EVER imagine. STAY AWAY, many other stores nearby with comparable prices.

Original review: March 24, 2018

After moving to Bonham Tx from Allen Tx at Kroger's and believing Walmart would work okay for my pharmacy needs I was unfortunately disappointed. I brought in all of my prescription bottles so they could see the drug, date last filled, mg size and prescribing doctor. Several times they had several trainees on during the same shift the service was slow and inadequate while looking for my only to be surprised when the pharmacist said they could not fill it since they were going to lunch. I had never had this poor of pharmacy service until I discovered what they did next.

Just for facts my PCP referred me to my pain management clinic, knew my cardiologist and Gastrointestinal doctors for 4 years and received lab reports from them. Even though this was the story and Walmart had been told of my health issues they called my PCP to inform her that I was receiving controlled meds from several doctors. The issue is, my PCP prescribed my anti-anxiety and the pain doctor prescribed my pain drugs.

I'm on the lowest amount of pain meds that a patient can take and still get relief and one antianxiety pill a day. I battle depression and am in counseling trying to get relief. Due to the pharmacy's blatant act of misinformation my PCP became nervous and worried about being turned into the DEA so changed my meds even changing one to longer acting which causes lethargy throughout the day and causes more depression. The days of so many hands in the pie of each patient has now messed up the entire system. I am so disappointed in what the govt has done due to back alley illegal drug sales that I believe I'm just another victim of those selling drugs on our street corners.

Original review: March 20, 2018

On March 7th, I went to the Walmart at 3829 US Hwy 77 in Corpus Christi Texas. I went to the pharmacy there to pick up two prescriptions called in by my doctor. The clerk that waited on me was rude and would not listen to me. I told her I had two prescriptions to pick up and I gave her my name and date of birth. After she checked, she came back and insisted that I had 3 prescriptions to pick up. I told her no that there was only two and she argued and said that the doctor must of added a generic and besides it was in with my other medicine. She was rude of course and told me I had to take all of them and that the extra prescription was on five dollars. So to cut down on the conflict from her, I paid for them and left. I took the meds when I got home for my nightly dosage and got sick and sat back and passed out.

When I woke up, I walked over to check what I had taken and the 3rd med was not even in my name. What I had taken was a muscle relaxer. It interacted badly with my other regular medications. I have reported this to the corporate office and the Texas Board of Pharmacy. I've not heard back from anyone on the matter except the pharmacist that filled the order, demanding that I bring it back. My next report will be to the FDA I guess. Whatever the case, you can't trust their pharmacy because they will give out anything just to suit them. I will never go there again and I advise that you don't either.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Walmart Pharmacy- Daphne, AL. My wife and I went to this pharmacy today to get my prescription of ** filled. The woman pharmacist refused to fill it. When we asked her why she said "that was her preferred judgment". Asked her to explain it. She refused. We then went to the assistant Manager, Julia. She said there was nothing she could do. Since I have been doctoring since 1992 (since I broke my back and have been exposed to Agent Orange) including but not limited to: orthopedic surgeon, neurosurgeon, family doctor and now a pain doctor and given different medications and am now on **. I am positive this pharmacist who is employed by Walmart has violated my civil rights by denying not to fill my prescription even though I am also 100% disabled vet. I have every intention of filing a lawsuit and hope more customers also file.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Wal-Mart is convenient and is probably the main reason I use them. They carry the medicines I use and the co-pay is cheap. Reorders are easy via phone or online. I travel a lot and getting refills in different states is easy. I have had no issues using War-Mart Rx.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Just left the doctor's office. Was prescribed 10mg of ** once a day. Picked up my medication. Went home. Ate supper. Popped a pill. As I looked at the bottle which stated 20 mg of ** cut in half take once a day. Well why would you do that to a person who reads a prescription bottle when they just left the doctor's office and she told you how to take this pill. This was an awful experience. I have anxiety which is why I'm taking **. I had an awful night and am having an awful day. Side effects are amazing. No one should have to go through this. Do not trust. Read and now do we trust what's in the bottle if it is the drug it's supposed to be. Very bad experience and you wonder why I didn't read it why should I. Left the doctor's office 10 minutes ago talking about this drug that I'm going to take.

Walmart expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Walmart operates in-store and online pharmacies in most of its supercenter stores. Its pharmacies provide customers with discount brand name and generic prescriptions for consumers or their pets. Prescription refills are easy and they offer home delivery for medications, including pet medicine.

• Prescription refills: Customers can refill prescriptions with Walmart’s online pharmacy by either logging into their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkout involves entering a date of birth and the prescription number located on the label. Seven prescriptions can be refilled at once. Walmart also has a $4 generic prescription list available for online ordering.

• Home delivery: Walmart provides online pricing, ordering and delivery on 90-day prescriptions. Consumers can call a toll-free number to place an order for delivery or log in to their online account. Delivery is free for standard five- to seven-day shipping, $8 for second-day delivery and $15 for overnight delivery. Payments must be made by credit card.

• Mobile pharmacy app: Consumers can download the Walmart app to manage their prescription orders, transfer prescriptions, see the $4 prescription list and place guest refills from the app 24/7. The app is available for Apple and Android devices.

• Pet medications: Customers with veterinary-prescribed medications can get them filled at Walmart in-store or online. Consumers can use the mobile app for a quick and easy way to fill pet prescriptions.

• Specialty pharmacy: Walmart's specialty pharmacy consists of a team of pharmacists, nurses and insurance experts to help consumers with special treatment plans achieve their treatment goals. It helps treat numerous diseases such as cancer, anemia, HIV/AIDS and cystic fibrosis. The specialty pharmacy offers online ordering, free temperature-controlled overnight shipping and reimbursement insurance claim assistance.

• Accreditation: Walmart Pharmacy is accredited by the URAC for its specialty pharmacy services and also holds accreditation by VIPPS for general pharmacy practices.

• Best for: consumers needing specialty pharmacy services and a wide range of discounted prescription medications.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Wal-Mart Pharmacy Company Information

Walmart
www.walmart.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business