1.04/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1122 Wal-Mart Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Every month they treat me like crap as soon as they see what I'm filling. They refused to fill it in till I showed them my MRI. In front of everybody I felt so embarrassed and violated. Everyone around me was listening. They have the biggest attitudes then keep changing rules. I can't fill over 120. They never never have it so I have to go elsewhere. Guess what. Next month they tell me I can't do that. I have to wait a week till they get theirs in. I called my Dr. and pharmacy board. Both told me, "As long as you are on time you have every right to go to who has your meds. You could die if you abruptly stop taking those meds." Think they care. They don't care to help, offer a solution. Just act like, "What? You can't wait a week in pain?" Don't dare ask anything. The pharmacist was name Jade **. NV. My Dr got her fired but I'm sure all they did was move her to another store. She should not be at any. Everybody on pain relief is not a drug addict.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Last month I stopped at the closest Walmart to drop off my prescription to be filled as I was leaving town. Waited 20 minutes then the pharmacist calls me over & says he called my pain management dr and he didn’t know I was being prescribed **. I told him that was untrue because I’m drug tested every 3-4 months. He also said something about needing a diagnosis code for why I take. Luckily I took my prescription back, went to both of the drs involved and was told by the pain dr all his patient's meds were not being filled even with diagnosis. I took it to the Walmart I have been using since they opened and it was filled in 10 minutes. Fast forward a month. Yesterday I called to get my ** refill because it wasn’t showing up online. I had picked it up in November and had 2 refills. I was ask when I needed it and I said a couple of days will be fine.

This morning I get a call from Walmart stating they NO LONGER fill certain meds when other meds are involved and he’s sorry. He did tell me I might want to see if another pharmacy would transfer and fill it elsewhere. I called Kroger because I have prescription that are cheaper than at Walmart to see if they can transfer it over and I haven’t heard anything back as of yet. After learning this I looked up the med which I’ve been taking for at least 2-3 years and it says not to stop suddenly due to withdrawal, possible seizure or coma. So does anyone else feel like maybe they should have called prior to me running out so my dr could possibly advise on other choices of meds & I could wean off of the **? If I have issues I will be consulting an attorney! If no one will fill patients have the right to know in advance so they won’t be faced with withdrawal. Had no clue it had those side effects!!

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I have used Walmart for yrs. This week the Pharm refused to fill my Rx until he rec'd the diagnosis from the MD. Note they have been filling same dose for last 5 mos. No consideration of withdrawal, no assessment of symptoms. My MD basis my medication doses on not just my Rx, but also my symptoms. He refused to ever fill a script for me again because I asked him if he would just start writing my scripts. Why pay for MD visit if pharmacist can do it?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I have been to multiple Walmart Pharmacies to fill my prescriptions. I've been very upfront about needing my medication to be name brand and not the generic versions. The generic version they give me is so bad that I might as well not be taking it at all. My scripts have the DAW order specially written on it by my physician. Walmart continuously ignores this order and my requests. I'm afraid if I don't accept the generic medication they try to give me instead, I won't be able to get my script back and will be left without medication of any kind. The one time I checked my medication during the consult and brought up the DAW order, I was told I had to take the generic version or I was not getting any medication and not getting my script back. I don't know what to do at this point. I may need to start videotaping the entire interaction even though I find this incredibly annoying and rude to do to somebody.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Walmart pharmacy Homosassa Fl is a nightmare. Current example for antibiotic called in by my Doctor. First claimed she never called in this med - I have her voicemail confirming the time & location she did phone RX, second I had the on-call Dr call back to get this antibiotic - they claimed they rec'd the call but could not fill RX because they didn’t get the Doctor's first name??!! WTH. Third - just called. Pharmacist glibly replies “NOPE, no antibiotic has been filled“. On my way to the ER!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I've been a regular customer of the main store for years, my parents have been Rx customers their entire lives - a few weeks ago I went to pick up my mom's prescriptions for her. She has crippling arthritis and can't get around well, so she needed me to pick them up. Not only did they not have her scripts ready, but they had NO record of the phone call that they had made the week prior telling her she needed a refill. And then the pharmacist argued that she had no prescriptions ready and that everything related to her pain and mental health were too soon to fill.

Fast forward to today, I decide to take my own mental health prescriptions there - because I have to use GoodRX, I have no insurance, and Walmart was listed as the lowest price. I was treated like a druggie the second I handed my prescription to the tech. The pharmacist quizzed me on why I needed my medication and stated that if I got it filled there once, I'd have to have it filled there from here on out. Not just that, but I was also forced to have ALL of my prescriptions from other pharmacies transferred in. I have to use different pharmacies because prices vary so much but the ones I was using were relatively affordable. Walmart's prices are outrageous on some of my meds but now I have no choice because I need my meds each month.

It was completely unethical to force a transfer of all meds. It's not even about the pharmacist being a complete heel - he had no right to hold my meds over my head. I wish I had said no, but if I did I was literally afraid he'd call every pharmacy in the area and tell them not to fill for me. He had that attitude. I'm not some junkie, Walmart. I'm just a guy that suffers from severe anxiety and major depression. I need my meds so I can function at all. What I don't need is to feel threatened by a pharmacist. I used to work as a pharmacy tech for another company - if any of our pharmacists ever talked or treated a customer like my mother or I had been treated, that would be it. You can try to help all you want with the real threats like opioid addiction, but for Christ's sake just let the rest of us try to live our miserable lives.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I have been filling my family's prescriptions since the opening of the Fairfax, VA Walmart and we get my husband's 5 heart medications, my asthma medication and my dogs degenerative old age medications. We spend over $1000 per month at the Fairfax Walmart. My husband went this evening to fill a prescription my dentist wrote at 4:00 PM and the pharmacist respectfully told him he would not fill the prescription and would not tell him why. This is both an inconvenience and a negative shopping experience.

The prescription was for 20 **. I realize there is a lot of news regarding opiates lately and I agree with the whole concept. However, not knowing why the pharmacist would not fill the prescription is not acceptable in my opinion. I am a 57 year old professional woman and I don't understand why they have no problem filling the $300 per prescription items but a much less expensive medication they refuse to fill without an explanation. I would like another avenue to pursue this complaint...somewhere I will get a response from. Possibly it is Walmart policy to allow the pharmacist to make such a judgment call and if so I object unless there is a reason and a clear way to dispute and resolve the issue.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Up until 3 months ago, I have had no issues filling my prescriptions at the Wal-Mart in Cookeville, TN. Suddenly, they are refusing to fill them. They stated they needed to know "WHY" I took one of my medications. I explained... In front of other customers in a public setting, which is uncalled for. Then they said they needed to speak to my Dr. to verbally hear why and verify the rx with them. They called, my Dr. verified I have a degenerative issue in my spine and have been on controlled low doses of pain medication to allow normal function. I also cash pay for my medication, however they tried to advise I need a prior authorization. To which I asked if I am Cash paying, no insurance, how was I supposed to get a PA? One week later, 39 phone calls and a complaint filed with Wal-Mart corporate and I was able to receive my medication.

Fast forward to the following month... I completed the process that I was given by the pharmacy previously which was supposed to ensure flawless rx filling. Again they said they had no record of speaking to my Dr. So we jump thru the hoops for 3 days, finally I get the call my medication is ready for pick up... I drive 45 miles to the pharmacy, only to find all are NOT ready. Because a NEW policy was in effect which prohibits the filling of an anxiety medication, pain medication and medication for deep muscle spasms for a customer. Again they spoke to my PCP, my spine specialist as well as my mental health provider, confirming the need for all 3.

They declined to fill all 3 and made me choose the 2 that I wanted. In tears in public at the register. I had to choose between my mental health medication, my pain medication for my spinal and sacral issues and my muscle spasm medication... All while being told... Again in public, by a technician that it was because someone could overdose. When I explained that not if taking the medication as advised and in the lowest doses possible to maintain my health, again I was told, loudly, they would not fill x, y and z together. Using the names. Loud enough for the huge line to hear my health issues and medications.

So I chose... Anxiety medication and pain medication after speaking with my specialist as to what would cause the least harm. Let me say, all of these are medications that you are to wean down from over time, yet 3 months in a row, I have been abruptly cut off from my medication to the detriment of my health and safety. Now we are on month 3. Again, I felt I had followed the processes from both the first month and second month with issues as outlined by the pharmacy... It is now 4 days since I have dropped my prescriptions off to be refilled. Still, I am waiting. On phone call number 12 to the pharmacy and my different specialists to try and figure out what hoop to jump thru next, even after dropping medications to avoid being accused of attempting to overdose, or trying to get more medication than I need.

I have been treated like a drug seeker, a liar, publicly reprimanded and spoken down to rudely by one pharmacist in particular as well as several technicians at this location. When did Wal-Mart Corporation become a physician, a mental health professional, a spinal specialist? When did they supersede a medical doctor? Corporate is not equipped to manage MY health... Is not educated in a way as to determine MY medical needs. They are not doctors. Sadly, the only other option is another large chain retail store for me. Their policies are no better. If you have other options, please use them. And avoid the embarrassing belittling experience Wal-Mart Pharmacy is providing its clientele.

It is as if they feel they are God. These policies affect thousands and thousands of people using their services... To the detriment of everyone's health. My spinal specialist confirmed this is a huge safety and health issue and are at a loss as everything changes with no notification. Wal-Mart can send me hundreds of emails a day on sales and changes in stores, but not once have either myself, any other client I know or my specialist received any notice of change in these policies or an adequate reason why. It disgusts me. Today, I lay in bed all but crippled, because of this company. Shame. Shame on them.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I am a new customer at the Geer Rd, Walmart in Turlock, I recently changed insurance and was advised to use them. My Doctor sent 3 new Rxs in. Two were filled. One was not my pain meds. When I went to pick up my Rxs I was first told that it was too soon for the pain med to be filled. I advised that it was a new one and past due. I was sent over to discuss reason for delay. I was told that the Pharmacist thought it was a mistake and chose to not fill it. I explained that it was not an error. Then I was told they had to get the diagnosis and reason for Rx. I went back again. This I was told that it was a controlled substance and they had to call Doctor for info. I called again and was told that they had not received the info, therefore it was not filled. I explained that I was in pain and needed the meds.

Pharmacist was rude and disrespectful. I waited again another day then called my Doctor who has been prescribing this medicine for the last 2 years and knew the procedures. The Dr's office informed me that they had indeed given them the right info, but would call and give it to them again. I received a call from my Dr. the next morning and was told that the Pharmacy had been given the info and the Rx should be filled right away. I waited until 5:30 that evening to call and check for Rx. But was told that the Rx would not be filled until around 11:00 the following day. I won't continue to get my Rxs at Walmart even though it is going to cost me more.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

After 15 years of having my husband's prescriptions filled at the Walmart Pharmacy on Church Road, Kansas City. I was publicly shamed by the pharmacist on duty for his pain relief medication. He proceeded to belittle me, asking me 'what was wrong with my husband' and that 'he's on too much pain medication, he needs to go back to his doctor and get tapered'. I looked at him in shock, what gives a pharmacist the right to give medical advice? I shouldn't have, but being caught off guard, I tried to politely explain that he has a broken/fractured spine, and that if he looked at his record, he can see that my husband already has done his best to reduce his pain medication, going from three (including **) down to 1 MEDICATION!

He proceeded to lecture me, and I stopped him in his tracks and asked for my prescriptions back and that I will go elsewhere. I am so upset about being degraded in front of other customers about my husband's private information and his current health. When did the pharmacists get the 'God Complex' to suddenly administer medical advice and scolding? I took all prescriptions from Walmart, including my prescriptions. After 15 years, they will no longer have my business.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I have gone the 4436 pharmacy twice, both times the pharmacy tech cannot locate my prescription. The doctor maintains that he sent the prescription twice. The tech cannot find it. The Doctor resent while I was at the pharmacy and the tech still could not find it. The doctor's office then sent me a confirmation that they sent it to store 4436. The pharmacist on duty never wanted to get involved.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

This review is about the Walmart pharmacy in Gardnerville, Nevada. After receiving an email saying my husband's medicine was ready to be picked up I went into the pharmacy. There was a very long line. I thought about walking out and coming back later but my husband was in the car waiting and he was in pain and needed his medicine. He has only been home from the hospital a short time. When I finally got up to the counter the clerk who was very rushed told me they didn't have any prescriptions for my husband. When I got home I called Walmart. They said that they did have a prescription ready for him. I told them what just happened when I went to pick it up and they said it must have been a computer glitch. My husband is very sick. Mistakes like these make our lives even harder. What this means is I will have to get my ill husband back in the car and run down to Walmart for a second time.

I don't like leaving him alone at this point. The clerk was so emphatic she didn't want to double check to make sure she didn't make a mistake. The line was very long and they had to wait on the next customer. All of my husband's doctors use this place and it will be an effort to change to another one. I just can't get that woman's voice out of my head, there's no medicine here for your husband. Move along so we can wait on the next customer. My husband was in the car waiting that whole time and then I had to go out and tell him they didn't have his medicine.

And I noticed the same person who told me that they had no medicine for my husband also did the same thing to another man ahead of me in line. She raised her voice too like, "You better not question what I am saying." It was awkward but now I wish I would have asked for the manager. I will find another place for my husband's medications after this. If they make mistakes like this it means they are making other ones. Also I don't think they care.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

On 9/24/18 I asked pharmacy if I could get my flu and pneumonia shots there at Deptford NJ location. The pharmacist, Peter seemed confused, calling me to the front, then back then again. I had my 91 yr old mother with me, and she even noticed it was a little strange. Finally, Peter the pharmacist administered the needles straight forward into my shoulder bone, not off to the side. He commented, it had to go into the muscle and that air got in??? That was about 3pm by 6pm, my entire shoulder blew up, I was in severe pain, I called him and he said takes about 3 days take **.

All during eve severe pain tender to touch from my shoulder to fingertips. 2am I phoned my primary, who told me to go to ER, and to take **. After that, profuse vomiting, and pain, by 4am I went to Kennedy Hospital. My white count was high, hooked me to IVs, muscle relaxers, antibiotics, pain med, nausea meds, Finally discharged, with scripts (antibiotics and steroids). Practically all my life had these needles, never where they were given, and never experienced such severe pain and burning.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

To be fair, my initial 2 prescription transaction with the Central Ave., Toledo, OH, Wal-Mart Pharmacy, was just fine. My recent and third experience, on Tuesday evening (10/2/18) was most unacceptable. He is my story: I called the Wal-Mart Pharmacy at 4 something p.m. on 10/2 to assure that they had received the needed prescriptions from my eye doctor. The lady affirmed the script was available, and said it would be ready for my pick-up by 6 p.m. We arrived at the pharmacy counter at 7:45, and I was told by the pleasant lady that is was not ready yet. She apologized. This cashier offered that... "we were horribly busy today". I was told to return within 15 minutes or so and also assured it would be ready then. I was admonished to return to her before the pharmacy closed at 9 p.m. I then returned a half an hour later, at which time I was informed that my prescription was ready for pick-up, and told also how much it would cost.

As the cashier lady turned around and asked the pharmacist as to the whereabouts of my order, the pharmacist barely looked up from her keyboard and said, "it is on back order". Stunned by the delivery of her cold declaration and lack of further explanation, I then inquired as to why I was not told of this by any of the contacts prior to now, and the pharmacist said, "we are short staffed". I went on to ask her when more product would be available and she abruptly said "possibly Thursday". Within a moment or two, the pharmacist typed some more and blurted out, "it's on back order and I can't tell you when or if it might be available". She never offered to contact another pharmacy. She never offered to call me if more product might come in in...

She was most indifferent to my plight and need for this important eye medication. Clearly, her only interest was to terminate any further conversation with me. Finally, I concluded by asking her how I might avoid such confusion in the future, but her annoyance with me became most obvious. Her detachment precluded any further discussion and she simply walked away and back to her keyboard. This Wal-Mart pharmacy fulfillment process was very sloppy and the pharmacist was entirely unprofessional. By the way, I am not only a patient, I am a licensed physician.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Like the reviews before me I had a very distasteful incident today. My husband was released from hospital after a full foot reconstruction. I dropped off the prescriptions and was to come back in an hour. I actually went back 3 hours later and was told they could not fill the pain pill without the doctor's verbal consent. They told me he wasn’t responding to their call. So I called the office and they paged him. After 25 minutes he responded however we had another issue. Apparently Walmart has set new guidelines and will not fill the dosage of pain pill my husband will need for his foot.

They actually asked the doctor to reduce the dosage and he said no as he knows what my husband will need. Why in the world was this not told to me right away, and who does decide what my husband will and will not need!! Walmart you need to review your guidelines on pain pills. We are in our 70s and there are some exclusions to your policy. Also you should not tell your pharmacists if they omit to your policy they could be fired. Walmart should be about helping people not treating them like dogs!!! Very disgusted.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Almost a year ago I went to pick up my prescription at pharmacy in Hazel Dell Vancouver Washington. As I was waiting I got talked into the flu shot and ammonia shot. Against my better judgment I still got it anyway, wish I never would’ve. The pharmacist said it ministered it. She put the desk on my arm look like a little Band-Aid with a clear window, she told me she was going to give me one shot before the other student want to hurt him more. So she gave me the first one that was supposed to hurt the worst. That was fine. No problem. She gave me the second one which I’m pretty sure it’s the flu shot and I came about 12 inches off the chair. It hurt so bad immediately and there was tingling in my fingers all the way up the back of my head and I said I didn’t feel right. Something is wrong.

I got told to walk around and see how I feel if it goes away. I went back and I told him that it did not go away. I went home and when I woke up in the morning I was in such pain I would of much rather go through hard labor and childbirth. I had no use of my arm and my hand. I lost the use of my arm and hand for six months. I did go to a urgency care and they couldn’t tell me nothing, now because I have incompetent doctors I had to rehabilitate it myself and a year later they’re finally doing something about my arm. At this point in time I still do not have full use of my arm or hand. I can’t even cross my fingers on my right hand. I am seeking a good attorney. I am damaged for life and they're not getting away with it.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

My doctor’s office called in a recurring medication for me. Hours later, I received no word from the pharmacy that it was ready. I called the pharmacy myself and was placed on hold. One of the ladies got on and said that although they called it in, they need to verify with them why I was taking it since I hadn’t been prescribed before. I let her know that I had and that I’ve filled it there before to which she replied “snobbish” and asked why. I let her know that they were for mouth ulcers. She asked how long had I had Them to which I told her, "For 13 years."

She said, “Well I need To verify the condition with the doctor First because they have you on nothing else to treat it” to which I replied That if she looks in the system, she would see that I’ve been on medication to treat it for years as well. She got quiet and attempted to stumble upon a reply. I calmly told her to do what she had to do and call my doctor in the morning although she had already spoken with them and also let her know that it would be best if I had Them switch it to a pharmacy in my hometown since I was Leaving out of town over the weekend.

She said that she was sorry to which I replied No she’s not and she said, “You’re right, I’m not.” I once Again let her know to call the doctor in the morning and have a good day and hung up. Not only am I completely dissatisfied with the service and will be switching pharmacies, but I happen to be really good friends with the manager at the pharmacy and the entire store director and they’ve been notified of her actions and have already began taking actions of their own against the service I received.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I got a text on 9/9/2018 that my prescription was ready. That was Sunday, I forgot to go on Monday 9/10/2018. The store closed because of Florence (the hurricane) 9/11/2018 until 9/16/2018. I went to pick it up and they had put it back. They didn't even wait one day before putting it back after just opening today.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Having used this pharmacy for years because I trusted them to charge fairly, I found out this week how wrong I was. This pharmacy is 25 miles from where I live. My daughter had picked up one of my husband's prescriptions for me on Tuesday as she was in town... I am 84 years old and my husband has only a few weeks to live. They charged her $129.45. I called the next day, explaining that I had checked in my little town of 2,000 folks and the local pharmacy would charge $27.00 for exactly the same thing! So I asked to return the one I can't really afford. They agreed, seeing as it had not even been taken out of the original WalMart bag.

Well, my daughter and I went back yesterday and I was treated so rudely and they refused to take the unopened prescription back. I was told I could I could speak to the manager for that department, however, he was in a different part of the store. No, they did not page him. We could return at 4:30. We did and he had already left for home. After the thousands of dollars expended at this place of business, I would have thought I would have been treated more respectfully. Sadly, I will have to continue to use them for their better prices on other drugs, but I will have the doctor's script from now on so I can compare prices beforehand.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I never had a problem refilling my meds until today. The pharmacist was rude and told me that she did not feel comfortable refilling my rx until she spoke to my Dr. I told her that my Dr does not take pharmacy calls. She said the nurse could take care of it. I said there is no nurse. It’s just the Dr and a receptionist who is frankly dippy. I could get nowhere with the pharmacist. I have been on this medication for 10 years and now they question a refill. She would not tell me anything. I said that, "I am the patient and I have every right to know why you won’t refill my rx." I’ll call my doctor tomorrow and see if she will call Walmart. Frankly, I’m disgusted. My insurance has Walmart as a preferred provider. If I go elsewhere my cost will increase greatly.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I have been using Walmart for years to get my medicine. I get a call the day before which is today that I need my medicine and was told he can't fill it and I need to come pick up my script they have had on file. They have been filling the same medicine for me for almost 4 years now. I am disabled and need my medicine. I will be contacting my lawyer. You have to be weaned off this medicine. You should not be able by law to tell someone 2 days before to come get your script. I will be taken this as far as I can so no one else in my situation has to ever go through this. No one at the pharmacy could even give me a reason as to why and you cannot understand the pharmacy.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I have used Wal-Mart Pharmacy for literally years. However, in the last 3 months it has been a real feat getting scripts from them. First, they drug shamed me right there at the counter in front of other customers. My script is not a controlled substance, not a pain medication, etc. It was very embarrassing. It was the Friday before Memorial Day and they said they couldn't fill it until they got verification from my doctor which meant I couldn't get the refill for 3 more day, even though it was a refill for a non-controlled script. (IT may be a HIPAA violation to discuss scripts with a customer in such a manner.) Then they raised the amount of the prescriptions by 40% and told me that my healthcare company had raised the price.

I called my healthcare provider and they HAD NOT raised the price of my scripts. So, Wal-Mart drug shamed me and also lied to me. I am changing my pharmacy and am lucky I live in a town that has many different choices. I feel for those of you who have to use Wal-Mart. My Wal-Mart Pharmacy has become completely hateful to their customers and are now treating anyone who needs medication like drug addicts. I resent this, plus they outright lied to me! I won't use them again...ever!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

The pharmacies of Walmart are now requiring an additional unneeded step after purchasing a prescription. For prescriptions I have taken for years and not for narcotics. I am now being told it is required by law. I just had to wait an additional 15 minutes after the initial wait time before purchase just for the pharmacy to review my name and verify I had no questions. All of which I had already answered. His is a stupid unnecessary, time-consuming step. Why in the heck would they put this step in as they have. It is a waste and serves no purpose. I HATE Walmart Pharmacy!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Walmart Pharmacy and I have never had a problem till recently. They are now have me run out of my **, which is a 30 script. Now I can't get till the 31st day and have never given me a reason why! Not happy.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Today Walmart Corporate told me through a pharmacist that they were not going to fill any prescription for a controlled substance... I take a medication for Parkinson's along with other medications, now Walmart is stating that they feel that these medications are not going to be filled. They failed to state a reason? I believe that it is time to start fighting back against improperly informed corporate delinquents, who have no access to my medical records, do not know what my medical conditions are, have no authority to overrule a doctor in the care of my medical conditions. It is time for a class action lawsuit against companies that attempt to subvert the law including the Americans with disabilities act along with other federal laws which appear to have been violated... I would welcome any attorney to begin proceedings.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

On 2 occasions Walmart Pharmacy has shorted my husband and I on our pain medicine. Please be aware and have them count it at the consultation area, otherwise if you leave the store they will not give you what they shorted you.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

This review is directed at Walmart Corporation not their underpaid underappreciated employees. Walmart plays this game of charging you full price as often as they can get away with it. It doesn’t matter how recent or often you have updated your health insurance and prescription drug coverage. They will claim that the drug is not covered or that your insurance doesn’t cover it. Most likely both are lies.

They also have horrible inventory control. Their computer system tied to the electronic calling system are horrible, and unrelenting. I have been told that all of my prescriptions have been filled and ready. So I go to the store to pick them up and am told, only 1 of the seven is available, two are on back order, two can only be partially filled and we have not filled the other yet. I went there to try and save money. But driving eight miles to be told they are not ready waste enough gas to make shopping there a mistake. Don’t trust Walmart. Don’t believe Walmart. Don’t drive to their pharmacy because you received a call saying everything is ready. Their Pharmacies could not be worse.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I am a well educated person, was waiting at the pharmacy for a long time, came up that the pharmacist was waiting for the dr to call to clarify a dosage of a laxative for my baby, when I tried to ask her nicely saying if there is two doses can we go with the lower dose, once of a sudden she started screaming and talking at me saying I can’t I can’t I can’t. Everyone in line was giving me that look such as a drug addict was trying to force the pharmacist to give him something. This is not a way to talk to a customer and of course after two hours of waiting time she refused to call the pediatric office and we walked out without the medication. If you care about your time and see that you deserve some respect find another nearby pharmacy to deal with. Pharmacist’s name is: April ** at Walmart Pharmacy Tega Cay, South Carolina.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I am writing this review so that everyone is aware of what Walmart is doing to the people who find themselves at the end of the journey to relieve their pain and are on pain management. Not one pain management patient I have talked to desires to be where we are. Most if not all have already gone through Xrays, MRI, CAT Scans, injections, physical therapy, psychology and surgeries. We end up on pain management because there are no more treatments!!! This enables us to get out of bed in the morning, go to work to support our families or provide us with enough pain relief that we can enjoy our lives. There is no "high" that we get from pain medications... it's for pain relief only. Our pain management physician has all of our doctor reports and is very well aware of why we are sitting in their office. We do not go to them first... we go to them LAST.

I would love to not have to take pain meds but I do. Now we have a Walmart pharmacist telling us that we can't have anymore pills than a 7 day supply. Are you kidding me? In my case he refused to fill it because I have a pain pump. The same doctor who fills my pump is the same doctor that called in the medication. Since when does a pharmacist override a doctor's orders? For all of you pain management patients out there do not spend another penny at Walmart pharmacy. If they are going to refuse us, turn us away then we MUST turn our business to someone who cares. Walmart is not going to solve this so called ** crisis. What has happened is the DEA can't find the people on the street that are dealing the pills. That is too hard for them. So they are going to come after us because we are in plain sight.

We are registered online, they know what we take and our doctor and pharmacy. It's a lot easier to attack us than to find the street dealers. Unfortunately a side effect from ** medication is dependence. It's an ugly one no different than the side effects from chemotherapy for cancer patients. It doesn't make us drug addicts. It's time we stand up, unite for each other and find a pharmacy that does not judge based on a prescription. I hope every Walmart pharmacist comes to work everyday with no prescriptions to fill. Probably not going to happen but the Walmart pharmacist has 10 less prescriptions to fill from my family.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I am currently without insurance for a couple more months, and was told last month that Walmart would no longer be accepting discount cards for **. My doctors took me off of NSAIDs because of blood pressure issues, and my bp has gotten better! I can't take **, won't take ** bc of seizures. So what does that leave? **. But, like my doctor said, "change your pharmacy, YOU ARE MY LIABILITY, NOT WALMART'S!" So, I picked up my script of ** today, and will NEVER, EVER set foot in Walmart again. Btwn the new pharmacy, Hy-vee Costco, and AMAZON... I'LL BE JUST FINE. WALMART has way overstepped their bounds, and will never get another dime from me. It blows my mind they are so concerned for us, mostly baby boomers... yet. Are NOT about the child-labor sweatshops that they use in China to make their products. That is beyond PATHETIC.

Walmart expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Walmart operates in-store and online pharmacies in most of its supercenter stores. Its pharmacies provide customers with discount brand name and generic prescriptions for consumers or their pets. Prescription refills are easy and they offer home delivery for medications, including pet medicine.

• Prescription refills: Customers can refill prescriptions with Walmart’s online pharmacy by either logging into their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkout involves entering a date of birth and the prescription number located on the label. Seven prescriptions can be refilled at once. Walmart also has a $4 generic prescription list available for online ordering.

• Home delivery: Walmart provides online pricing, ordering and delivery on 90-day prescriptions. Consumers can call a toll-free number to place an order for delivery or log in to their online account. Delivery is free for standard five- to seven-day shipping, $8 for second-day delivery and $15 for overnight delivery. Payments must be made by credit card.

• Mobile pharmacy app: Consumers can download the Walmart app to manage their prescription orders, transfer prescriptions, see the $4 prescription list and place guest refills from the app 24/7. The app is available for Apple and Android devices.

• Pet medications: Customers with veterinary-prescribed medications can get them filled at Walmart in-store or online. Consumers can use the mobile app for a quick and easy way to fill pet prescriptions.

• Specialty pharmacy: Walmart's specialty pharmacy consists of a team of pharmacists, nurses and insurance experts to help consumers with special treatment plans achieve their treatment goals. It helps treat numerous diseases such as cancer, anemia, HIV/AIDS and cystic fibrosis. The specialty pharmacy offers online ordering, free temperature-controlled overnight shipping and reimbursement insurance claim assistance.

• Accreditation: Walmart Pharmacy is accredited by the URAC for its specialty pharmacy services and also holds accreditation by VIPPS for general pharmacy practices.

• Best for: consumers needing specialty pharmacy services and a wide range of discounted prescription medications.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs