3.74/5
Based on 1,078 ratings submitted in the last year

Wal-Mart Pharmacy Reviews

Original review: March 18, 2019

This rating is primarily for WAL-MART'S MAIL ORDER PHARMACY. WAL-MART'S $10 for 90 day program has ALWAYS come out a bit ahead of the co-pays I would've paid through my two different insurers, that I had to choose from, for my maintenance medication. I've used the MAIL ORDER SERVICE from one state to another, during a sudden temporary address change and flawlessly my VERY NECESSARY medication followed without a hiccup in time. A+++

WAL-MART'S Customer Service is VERY HELPFUL and friendly. In the 9 years I've been using it, only 1 adverse encounter from a "SALTY" representative had to be felt & dealt with. She probably just had a tough morning, because by the conclusion of my business, everything was copacetic. The only area that LACKS/SUCKS within the WAL-MART PHARMACEUTICAL MAIL ORDER SERVICE is their AUTOMATIC REFILL SYSTEM!!! It has NEVER been consistent, despite a number of assisted & unassisted registrations of my phone number. Unfortunately, WALGREENS has this part down. If you want to rely on this feature, solely for helping you keep up w/ your order.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I have 3 of the pharmacist on first name basically. Due to all my medical reactions to medicines they kind me safe. Every time I refill a script they make sure I take right by discussing it and if I had any issues that may occur by taking it They call the remind me to reorder my scripts so I don't ever run out. They are easy to get to with a drive through I a life saver due to my walking disability. I love my marketplace.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2019

The staff is very knowledgeable, polite and courteous. Have never had an issue since we switched about 8 months ago from Rexall which was terrible. When we were with Rexall it got to the point that we would have to wait sometimes 3-4 days for a prescription. Since switching to Wal-Mart. We can drop off a prescription when we enter the store and pick it up within 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour.

Original review: March 12, 2019

My pharmacist at Walmart are always friendly and are very knowledgeable. They are my go to folks for info and trust in a medicine. I can ask their advice on OTC drugs as well as prescriptions. They always take the time to know you fully understand. I have always been satisfied with my Walmart pharmacy in Unicoi Tn.

Original review: March 11, 2019

We just had to change to Wal-Mart Pharmacy beginning Jan. 1, 2019. So far our initial start up and getting prescriptions transferred has been anything but pleasant. The help cannot seem to get their "act together" with all the information given them and put it into motion. I am hoping that as a few more months pass, things will be better. I do know that the prices we are getting from Wal-Mart are 150 percent better than the prices we got from the independent pharmacy we had used for years. One on prescription alone saved us over three fourths as much as we had been paying. That is very welcomed. So due to the money factor, we will continue to trade at Wal-Mart Pharmacy and pray things improve.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

This is a review of the Walmart Pharmacy on South 31th street in Temple, Tx. This place is constantly slow in filling prescriptions, even when called in on the phone. On the morning of September 27 my wife called in a refill and was told it would be ready Saturday after lunch. We check in to pick up the prescription and are told it will be ready in 20 minutes. This is 29 hours after being ordered. Then they close for lunch. After lunch we check in again. We are told it would be 30 minutes. I said, "Bull, that's what you said 45 minutes ago." Response, "We had lunch." My reply was, "Tough, we have better things to do than spend all afternoon in a Walmart store." The prescription was ready in five minutes.. We are taking our business elsewhere.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I ordered 3 pills for a cat. The vet was called 8 times by different people, the vet people are returning calls, I called vet because I kept getting notifications that the pharmacy could not get through to them or get a call back, I get told by the vet that they are returning calls. Then, pharmacy tells me they'll try again. I had already cancelled the whole thing to try another place, I tell the pharmacy I cancelled my order and deleted my card. Then, I call to ask about a paper rx. Can't do that, but get told the original order went through, was shipped. How if I cancelled and removed my card information? In fact, I get the order, and my card is charged. HOW? I can't remove my profile and I want it removed. I get the 3 pills, from a Agropet Trading LLC address Miami Lakes, FL., same address as walmartpetrx.com. Agropet is a 3 person firm. associated with Allivet.com, a site exactly like Walmartpetrx.com. What the is going on here???

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

We ordered our dogs prescription medicine from Walmart RX and paid an additional $22 for overnight shipping. Two days later the order still had not shipped. I called Walmart and they said they faxed the order for approval twice but received no response from our vet. I called our vet and they have received no fax requesting approval for the medicine. A professional pharmacy should follow up when they are unable to reach a Veterinarian office via fax instead of letting the ball drop on their customers.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I called to check on an item and was on hold for 6 minutes, eventually called back and was rudely told by the pharmacist Mary that if I hang up, "You'll just wait even longer and put back on hold again." So far it's another 7 minutes. If this is SERVICE you can keep it. Call eventually took a total of 18 minutes after 2 holds of 6 and 8 minutes and then I get all the ** about, "Well we just came back from lunch and there's only 3 of us." DO I CARE??!! I think Walmart makes PLENTY of profit. Maybe they need to spend some on improving CUSTOMER (yes we are the ones who pay) SERVICE.

Original review: July 8, 2019

What happen to my card, I file a police report. I called Walmart corporate and they all agree that they saw me put the card inside the slot but after that it just vanished. As one walmart corporate employee puts it, like magically vanishes. I look at the employee do something then look strange ask that I put my card in after she pull the slot in and my card went missing. I was assured that the machine must have eaten it although it would be the first time because the card was just gone.

Since I then had to rush to the bank and stop the card after holding up the drive through waiting for the cops to arrive, they said, "Oh that card is dead. You stop it anyway." So for all walmart customers they don’t just makes your card dissolved or go missing so does some of your prescriptions, count your meds and have back up prescription to prove your refill. Otherwise you might not get them, Go inside because they have a machine that magically makes cards go missing and the only thing they can tell you is they’re so sorry and it got stopped anyway so leave them be. So for future Services I will go inside or change to another drug store. I haven’t been able to go back to this store, my chest tighten up and hands sweat at the possibility of going through this again. I don’t feel safe Now at walmart pharmacy unless I go inside and my card never leave my hand.

Walmart expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Walmart operates in-store and online pharmacies in most of its supercenter stores. Its pharmacies provide customers with discount brand name and generic prescriptions for consumers or their pets. Prescription refills are easy and they offer home delivery for medications, including pet medicine.

• Prescription refills: Customers can refill prescriptions with Walmart’s online pharmacy by either logging into their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkout involves entering a date of birth and the prescription number located on the label. Seven prescriptions can be refilled at once. Walmart also has a $4 generic prescription list available for online ordering.

• Home delivery: Walmart provides online pricing, ordering and delivery on 90-day prescriptions. Consumers can call a toll-free number to place an order for delivery or log in to their online account. Delivery is free for standard five- to seven-day shipping, $8 for second-day delivery and $15 for overnight delivery. Payments must be made by credit card.

• Mobile pharmacy app: Consumers can download the Walmart app to manage their prescription orders, transfer prescriptions, see the $4 prescription list and place guest refills from the app 24/7. The app is available for Apple and Android devices.

• Pet medications: Customers with veterinary-prescribed medications can get them filled at Walmart in-store or online. Consumers can use the mobile app for a quick and easy way to fill pet prescriptions.

• Specialty pharmacy: Walmart's specialty pharmacy consists of a team of pharmacists, nurses and insurance experts to help consumers with special treatment plans achieve their treatment goals. It helps treat numerous diseases such as cancer, anemia, HIV/AIDS and cystic fibrosis. The specialty pharmacy offers online ordering, free temperature-controlled overnight shipping and reimbursement insurance claim assistance.

• Accreditation: Walmart Pharmacy is accredited by the URAC for its specialty pharmacy services and also holds accreditation by VIPPS for general pharmacy practices.

• Best for: consumers needing specialty pharmacy services and a wide range of discounted prescription medications.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs