Wal-Mart Pharmacy

Compare Online Pharmacies

Research top Online Pharmacies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Polite, competent staff when I pick up at the store, But... 5 STARS! This is what put them over the top. I have never in my lifetime had a real person call me up to tell me my prescription would be ready in 2 days. Not a automated machine. Keep up the great customer service Burnsville.

Verbally attacked and attempting to physically attack - I was at Wal-Mart last Friday to pick up medications due to having surgery last Monday. I was given misinformation in regards to my medications and was frustrated. The pharmacy manager didn't like what I said which was not threatening of any form, although Brittany ** attempted to physically fight me as I was sitting on bench while telling me I was ignorant. Also telling me that I would brain surgery although I had the other surgery Monday. She called security which I don't know why because I had surgery and was in no shape to even defend myself physically. I told them that I would leave once I got her name to call and file a complaint.

I'm still awaiting a call from the Districts manager whom I hope had time to review the tape to verify my complaint. She told me was a doctor but I have never seen a doctor act in such an unprofessional way as she did. If she that to me, it makes me think what else will she do. As she also refused to further assist me. I was emotional enough from emergency surgery but this incident added more stress on me as well.

Was told on February 2, 2017 that ** 25mg for my mother in law would be in on the 3rd. The next day we arrived to pick it up to be told they don't know who spoke with me but deliveries come on Tuesday. Presented today February 6, 2017 to pick up med. This time I am told that I will get a partial fill (3 pills) as the remainder won't be in until Thursday February 8, 2017. I give up! Taking all meds and transferring to Walgreens. ** is a med that must be continued. Being told three different things is really not acceptable.

Tonight was the last straw after two days and I don't know how many phone calls and trips to the store and still no prescription. EJ the pharmacist is rude, incompetent, and could care less about the customers. I will never step foot in another Walmart as long as I live. They left me with no medication for the night all the while whining about needing to get home, no one seems to know what the heck is going on or did anything to help. If Walmart was smart they would fire the whole unprofessional staff and start over!

I've never had a problem with this pharmacy. The pharmacist caught an error when one of my doctors prescribed a ** medication for me and I'm allergic to **. They contacted the doctor's office and got a new script for me (without **) and this was late on a Friday afternoon. The wait time isn't bad, but I'm impatient and it seems to take about 4-5 minutes to complete each person's transactions, including mine. They do not have a reward program that I am aware of.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

My main reason for using Walmart pharmacy is that the store sells many other things. However, you do have to wait about 1/2 hour if dropping off a new prescription when they're busy, but at least at Walmart you can get other shopping accomplished or find interesting things to look at while you wait. Once, I phoned in a refill and it was not ready when I arrived the next day. Also, once when I picked up prescriptions, one was not in the bag and I had to drive back to town and wait for it to be filled. Usually things go smoothly though and prices are good.

Overall they were good in all categories. I don't have much experience or more like ailments to need to fill prescriptions from the pharmacy. However, I find the pharmacy in my local Walmart good on providing me with the information I need and a price better than any other local pharmacies.

The Wal-Mart pharmacy I use has no reward program but I have never had any trouble. If they cannot get it where you can afford it with discount Rx cards, they will tell you which pharmacy will be able to.

Been using the Walmart Pharmacy on Route 7 in Norwalk for the last three years and the experience has always been pleasant with the exception of the costs related to the prescribed drugs. Having said that, they are still the cheapest and better than most by comparison to any Walgreens, Rite-Aid, etc.. They're also convenient to me travel wise, and they're accommodating and knowledgeable. They are the 'go-to' pharmacy in this area of Fairfield county.

Hours are not bad but not a 24 hour pharmacy. The pharmacist don't seem to be any worse or better than any place else. The wait time is terrible. Often the phone system will say it will be ready in a few hours then I go there and find out they don't even have it and it's not ready for several days. They don't call you to tell you it's not in. They make you go there, wait in line only to find out that you wasted your time. But they have lower prices.

I go to a neighborhood market so it's smaller. Small town feel, pharmacist's get to know you on a personal basis and most of the people at the pharmacy know my name so I love it. There's no reward program but great prices as always!

I'm pleased with the services Walmart provides. Compared to other pharmaceutical companies or drugstores Walmart is the one I choose to shop with. The pharmacists are caring and understanding about any questions you might have about the medication and I wouldn't go anywhere else because of their courtesy.

Oct. 2, 2016 I went online for my medication refills. I picked them up Oct. 4. The next day when I started my refill of ** I noticed it looked very different. I call the pharmacy but was told sometimes they get their meds from different companies therefore they may look different. I started the medication. After taking it one morning and try to drive I had to pull over and call someone to pick me up. A couple of days later I had to go to the E.R. but didn't take my meds with me. After almost two weeks of taking this I was retaining so much fluid I became short of breath just walking across the room. I went to my primary care doctor this time taking my meds. I wasn't taking **. I was taking ** a narcotic. I went to the pharmacy manager who laughed and said “I bet you were sleeping a lot.” He went on to say they had not carried them by that company for sometime but I was promised answers. He never called me and refused to take my call.

I tried the store manager but was told he was busy. I ask for the name and number of the regional mgr. He never returned my call. The 800 WalMart number was a waste of time. After three months I phoned corporate office in Arkansas and ask for an appt. with someone in charge, they will not do that. Finally a Mr. ** who claimed to be a regional mgr. called telling me they had not carried that company since 2002. I went on to tell him that I wanted answers that it wasn't the only mistake on my refills that day. That left off one refill but gave me two bottles of another refill. Yesterday I call a call from another man who claimed to be the regional mgr. who claims someone came into my house, took my ** and replaced it with a narcotic. I finally hung up on him. Strange that both men who claim to be the regional mgr. says they did nothing wrong yet both ask how they could make it up to me. I want answers. They gave a 63 year old with heart failure a narcotic.

I've never had to wait more than 10 minutes to pick up the prescription and if they don't have what I need in stock they will order it and I will normally have it within 24 to 36 hours. Also, the pharmacist is knowledgeable and the counter staff is friendly and helpful.

They are always there ready to help with any questions or problems that I may be having with a doctors offices. They not only help with prescriptions but also with over the counter products. And they can tell me when its time to maybe see a doctor.

Walmart is convenient for everyone. If you need it, they got it. Having other stores to franchise with is a way to do business. Walmart service me like no other. There were time when I ordered prescriptions. They were prompt when telling me that they didn't have it. They called around to find out who does. If possible, they placed orders to have prescriptions sent to the patient's address. Walmart is my number one department store. In choosing Walmart, they are the most effective and efficient way to buy prescriptions.

I am satisfied with service. The people are great, always smiling and ready to serve you. They will answer any question you might have regarding your prescriptions and will even call the doctor's office if something isn't right. I have never had a bad experience and actually love the professionalism from all the staff. I would recommend Walmart pharmacy to all my friends. The experience is well worth it and so are the prices. Plus you can shop while you wait or just browse. My favorite place is the craft section. Always love to see what they have. Who could ask for better a place where you can get all your needs.

The people are always friendly and professional. They are awesome, but the wait times are sometimes excessive. When a doctor prescribes medications that may have a problem with others, the pharmacist is quick to advise...

The past 2 times I've tried to get my medication filled the people at the drop off counter have had to see my ID. They take it and write all over my script. Maybe there are new FDA rules? But explain what you are doing please? That wouldn't be an issue if they didn't then tell me it could take hours OR DAYS to have this med authorized by the pharmacist. NOT my insurance... a person who decides if it's ok to fill a medicine. A preauth is PERFECTLY FINE... that I understand because the meds are expensive.

I'm also treated poorly because I'm in need of the medication. The woman I dealt with today was snide and rolled her eyes at me. Then she decided to inform me that IF they can fill it, IF the pharmacist APPROVES IT, I may wait an hour or I may wait DAYS. The med isn't something I CAN wait for! It's something I can't skip or just not take. BELIEVE ME, IF I DIDN'T HAVE TO BE MADE TO FEEL LIKE LESS THAN HUMAN EVERY TIME I DROP IT OFF I WOULDN'T. I called my doctor, the insurance company... ALL to be assured it'd go through. I've been here OVER two hours. I'll be late to work... because I need an ID to pick the med up! The last lady I spoke too is very pleasant but was tasked with telling me it'll be a few more minutes... AGAIN. I work today. I can't wait all day to be treated like I'm a FELON every time I come here! I pay the copays, I do MY side to be sure I'm not wasting my time AND theirs.

They have always did a great job. From day 1 when I went into Wal-Mart they've always helped me and they have good personalities. The pharmacist is very helpful describing your prescription and how to use them. They give you a smile, your prescription and tells you to have a good day.

There is no reward program and the wait sometimes is long to tell you they are out of your prescription. Also, the reps are not very personable. Line's long unless time it right, and they're closed on Sunday for lunch break which I never knew until it happened to me. Their hours' real short when Sunday is a lot of people's day off.

The price for prescriptions is a huge help for seniors. My Medicare RX plan has doubled this year, my bad... I trusted AARP to take care of us seniors. Now I will have a difficult time paying for a plan that I am not even using because Walmart is much better priced for scripts. Had I researched in October I would not be with AARP Medicare RX plan. I would be on the Walmart plan. $22.00 a month instead of $72 a month!!

I love the saving, but you have to in long lines and they close for lunch at bad times. I go there cause they have $4 medicines, but not crazy about the lines and wait times. Wish they had a drive thru service, but otherwise I like it.

Wal-Mart is a nice place to shop and it's close to home. The workers are pleasant and the store usually has what our family is shopping for. When we're shopping if we can't locate an item they don't mind helping us look for it even if they need to go in storage to get it.

After having an issue in the Pharmacy at the Ontario, Oregon store, I attempted to contact the Corporate office! I called the toll free Walmart number. The women who answered was polite, listened to me and read back what I said, it was correct. She then stated the Pharmacy was a separate entity, she would send my issues to that business. I was told that someone would call me within three business days. I waited seven business days and called Walmart back. Talked to another polite woman; repeated the same issue and was told I would receive a call from a Supervisor because no one called me. Well, it is now six months later! My issue wasn't big but I would LIKE an answer!!! I know Walmart makes many millions of dollars each year (probably each month), but we all deserve a listening ear!!!

This is the worst pharmacy service ever. Our family uses this pharmacy, including to purchase meds for our French bully. Every time I take a prescription for our dog, this store loses the script or it's misplaced, and it take one or two days to get the medicine. For our human meds, the store routinely takes 60 minutes to 3 hours to have prescriptions filled. Never mind the six to eight Walmart coats behind the pharmacy counter working. This time it took two days and a phone call to the vet before I could get the meds for my dog. When the lines waiting to pick up meds becomes long, the cashiers pay no mind to the 12, 13, 14, 15 people waiting while getting into conversations with the customers and most of the customers are too ignorant to remember the number of people STILL waiting. Last, The cashier checking me out was extremely rude and hateful.

I am a patient taking ** for about 2 years. As of this years the pens for this 5 times the strength ** was available. I take a high dose of ** every day due to my condition. I use from 50 to 100 unit from a marked syringe **. This means the dose in ** is at Maximum of 500 units per day. I am explaining this because the pharmacist did not understand the dose amount conversion and I could not fill the prescription. I understood the Prescription must be in ** dose units and that was ok and so I proceeded to call my doctor to write me a new Prescription with the right units dose per day of 500 units. I tried for a week calling my doctor, according to his office manager the Pharmacist gave him the advise I was wrong in the dose and do not write the prescription out, it is too dangerous. This office manager then relayed the issue to the PCP and listened to the ill given advise that was way out of line on the Pharmacist.

I am now without a prescription of my needed medicine and removed all my other prescriptions from Walmart for good or at least at the Walmart in cutler bay (33189). I have proof of my years using the drug, and doctor who gave the script. The Pharmacist was out of his job description and I had to change PCP to avoid any further misunderstanding from my doctor. Please do not trust any pharmacist from Walmart as the training or screening is not good as for me. I am out of the fill and need to wait again.

The only medication that seems to lower my blood pressure is ** which has been only available in brand name version, not generic up until recently when the patent expired and now it is manufactured under the name ** instead of **. Today when I went to the pharmacy I was told my insurance would not pay and that my medication would cost $220. They said they faxed the doctor for another covered drug but no one had gotten back to them. They never told me they would do this, I don't want another medication. I have been taking ** for almost a year now. My insurance has been paying for it all along. However now, apparently because ** is available and a lot less expensive they will not pay for the brand name version. Apparently they refused to pay for the generic equivalent as well. This is for a heart patient that has an enlarged aorta.

When I explained that the insurance company pays for the brand name they re-ran the script and it came up to $124 which is what I'm used to paying for 30 tablets. They filled the script, I paid and when I got it home it did not smell the same as the medication that I have been taking. I read that the ** smells different because of a different binding agent. It smells like rubbing alcohol. Brand name ** smells like white cake mix. I believe they switched out the more expensive medication for the cheaper version. What can it do? I took one pill because I thought it would be riskier not to take it because of my health issues. So one will be missing if I return it to the pharmacy.

I have tried to report issues to the FDA and the DEA before, but they were rude and did not take me seriously. I reported that duragesic patches were releasing medication into my system too rapidly and I was feeling dizzy and incoherent. They didn't care, even though people have died because patches leaked and released the medication into their systems too rapidly. This is with the Watson brand patches.

I will not buy them again, I go to a different pharmacy to have that filled, because Walmart only stocks Watson brand and refuses to stock any other brand even though I reported problems with it. They also fill ** patches with a cheap generic version that does not stick and peels off onto my clothing leaving adhesive everywhere. It has ruined one of my coats. I have asked over and over again for them to stock another generic brand that does not do this, and even spoken to the pharmacy manager and complained to Medicare, but still whenever there is a different pharmacist they give me problems and attitude. So I go to a different pharmacy for this, even though it costs me more because Walmart is the only pharmacy in network for Medicare that its within fifty miles of my house.

I have an ACL tear and hobbled to the pharmacy for pain meds. I didn't have my drug card and asked the girl if it was ok with my health card since I'm in Trenton at my sister's and not in Belleville. She said ok and gave me the beeping pager. I hobbled around the store and returned to pharmacy when pager went off only to be told it's not ready. As I sat with tears rolling down my face, learning my blood pressure is through the roof, I was told I need my drug card in Belleville! Thanks if I don't die first!!!

Every time I go to pick up my medicine the head pharmacist wants to tell me what I can take and wants to withhold my medicine so I end up calling my doctor and having a big problem because the pharmacist thinks he's my doctor. We get medication because we are sick and to put us thru extra stress is unfair and simply wrong. The other problem is the language barrier.... No one speaks English so it's always a miscommunication and occasionally I get so upset I feel like I'm going to pass out. Third, they take forever to call you and it's always people complaining and walking off cussing it's like crazy to get a prescription and I think it needs to be looked into and so I'm going to change my pharmacy because I'm sick and I'm feeling worse when I leave the pharmacy.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Walmart operates in-store and online pharmacies in most of its supercenter stores. Its pharmacies provide customers with discount brand name and generic prescriptions for consumers or their pets. Prescription refills are easy and they offer home delivery for medications, including pet medicine.

• Prescription refills: Customers can refill prescriptions with Walmart’s online pharmacy by either logging into their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkout involves entering a date of birth and the prescription number located on the label. Seven prescriptions can be refilled at once. Walmart also has a $4 generic prescription list available for online ordering.
  • Home delivery: Walmart provides online pricing, ordering and delivery on 90-day prescriptions. Consumers can call a toll-free number to place an order for delivery or log in to their online account. Delivery is free for standard five- to seven-day shipping, $8 for second-day delivery and $15 for overnight delivery. Payments must be made by credit card.
  • Mobile pharmacy app: Consumers can download the Walmart app to manage their prescription orders, transfer prescriptions, see the $4 prescription list and place guest refills from the app 24/7. The app is available for Apple and Android devices.
  • Pet medications: Customers with veterinary-prescribed medications can get them filled at Walmart in-store or online. Consumers can use the mobile app for a quick and easy way to fill pet prescriptions.
  • Specialty pharmacy: Walmart's specialty pharmacy consists of a team of pharmacists, nurses and insurance experts to help consumers with special treatment plans achieve their treatment goals. It helps treat numerous diseases such as cancer, anemia, HIV/AIDS and cystic fibrosis. The specialty pharmacy offers online ordering, free temperature-controlled overnight shipping and reimbursement insurance claim assistance.
  • Accreditation: Walmart Pharmacy is accredited by the URAC for its specialty pharmacy services and also holds accreditation by VIPPS for general pharmacy practices.
  • Best for consumers needing specialty pharmacy services and a wide range of discounted prescription medications.

Compare Online Pharmacies