3.82/5

67 Publix Pharmacy Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 18, 2019

I have been a Publix grocery shopper all my life. I started using their pharmacy about eight years ago. I became friends with one of the managers who told me if a pharmacist at Publix doesn’t want to fill a controlled substance, they tell the patient they are out of stock. Pharmacy managers are no longer allowed to order stock. In Florida, all pharmacies were told their stock of ** 30 mg is being reduced by 60%.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Brandon the pharmacist is making up his own policies. I transferred all my medicine for my family 3 weeks ago. When I called to find out what I needed to do to transfer he said we could do it over the phone and they would get everything from CVS who we were using previously. I had to list all the medications for all of us. Which I did.

I set up originally with Publix in 2015 but had to switch due to insurance change. It has changed where they accept public and I decided to switch back. My prescriptions are currently with Publix. I had my husband go in today to drop off my prescription for ** today. He refused to fill it. So I called and he said I need to be on it for 6 months in order for him to fill it. I explained that they use to fill it for me up until 2017 when we switched. He can not see that far back and refuses. I went to the location when I got out of work and showed him the script. He said this is a policy and I asked to see in writing. He says it is not in writing. Then he says he can refuse any script. I asked to see that and he could not find this policy either. He then said I will fill it this one time but that’s it. Really what is the difference? This is not a good way to do business. I want a supervisor call back please and thank you for your time.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I am a veterinarian in Jacksonville, Florida. I have had substandard customer service from the pharmacy associates at store #1037 (Normandy Crossing) on numerous occasions (one word answers, not filling a script for 4-6 DAYS, being sullen to myself and other customers,) being "out of" certain meds, not even understanding pharmacy laws and scripts (Jeff?). The pharmacists themselves have been very pleasant, but they are not the ones we often have to deal with; the last straw is that twice in the last WEEK I have had to leave a phone message for the pharmacist to PLEASE CALL ME BACK as I have a question about both mg strength/availability and size of tablet for a patient.

After carefully spelling my name and SLOWLY repeating that and my phone number, I have never rec'd a callback, and I am in their system as both a patient and as a prescriber. The patient went a day without anti-seizure medication as I scrambled to find another pharmacy to fill this as a new script. This is unacceptable and I am DONE with trying to work with the staff there. Again, the pharmacists seem very nice and helpful but not most of the associates and the VM is quite unreliable.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Waited 4 days twice for critical blood pressure medication. Ever since Publix switched to warehouse shipping twice a week... If you need a script you are looking at least 3 days or more. This is pathetic for critical medication. I trusted them and years ago they cared about customer service. I worry about older customers who would just wait and then something could happen to them. Shame on you Publix cutting cost over customers' health. I’m switching all my scripts back to CVS.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Pharmacists compared prices for me before filling the medications ins. vs cash. Seemed very caring and when doctor left off something with instructions, she called him directly and made sure everything was understood before giving me the prescriptions. I didn't feel like just another number.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publix Pharmacy?

Original review: March 16, 2019

They are constantly changing staff since they opened. They have on many occasions messed up my scripts. They have a sync program, however it has been over a year that it has not worked. I have brought some of my concerns up with the corporate office, they didn't even give me the time of day. They are getting worse with time.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

We've used Publix for 3 years after moving to FL. It's hit and miss at times with associates and how they treat customers! I called today to see if my 84 yr old grandfather's meds were available and the Pharmacist KRIS/CHRIS said she refused to give me any further information over the phone like the name of the med. Which I KNOW is potassium! My grandpa has NO NARCS so not sure what the hold up is! She never asked me anything except a first and last name and I KNOW you're supposed to give the birthday, etc not was never asked that! She was rude and began talking about me! Asked me if I had a POA to give out the medicine available name. I guess customer service has went out the window year after year. Never wonder why there's abandoned buildings around your city because 9/10 customers Left! NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER PUBLIX!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

117th and 104th street Publix in Kendall. I called to ask a few questions on pricing and the girl in the pharmacy who answered would not let me speak. She kept talking over me and was condescending and rude. She felt the need to explain to me how a cellphone and apps works when all I needed was a price. She must feel that everyone who calls is in need of her wisdom because no one else can operate a phone. Not the first time people in this pharmacy have been rude. That's why I go elsewhere, this is just convenient because I live next door, I'm trying the extra distance to another pharmacy.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I went to Emergency December 11 blooding. Very bad because my high blood pressure and was 30 pills. Today I was preparing my pills and I noticed 5 less. Instead of gave me 30 that day they just gave me 24. I went today asking, begging for at least 3 until I can talk to my doctor they told me not “I am sorry. Why you wait until Saturday. I can’t give you any because the prescription was from the Emergency room." I was a client since that pharmacy was inaugurated. Thank you for your attention. Any time please I need the answer.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

The medicine my son needed they didn't have in stock. I understand how this works since I used to work in a pharmacy. He couldn't tell me when the medicine would be in a day, three days, a week, an estimate would have been helpful. Instead I felt like I bothered him by asking the question. I will never ever fill another prescription there. I went to Walgreens and they filled it in 15 minutes.

Publix Pharmacy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Publix provides consumers with in-store and online pharmacy services in nearly 90 percent of its stores. From free medications, online prescription refills and specialty online pharmacy services, Publix has multiple options to make pharmacy services more convenient.

• Prescription refills: Prescription refills are quick and simple with Publix. Customers can go online and fill out the refill form which includes the pharmacy number (found on the prescription label), prescription number and preferred pickup time.

• Specialty pharmacy: The Publix specialty pharmacy works with customers’ doctors and insurance providers to ensure the lowest out-of-pocket costs. The specialty pharmacy will help customers manage their medication therapies and programs with educational material, scheduled refills and home delivery.

• Free medication program: Publix offers the most commonly prescribed medications for free. Customers with a prescription from their doctor for common antibiotics, diabetes medication and blood pressure medication can get up to a 90-day supply at a time for free. Free medication includes amlodipine, lisinopril, metformin and amoxicillin.

• Sync refills: Customers can take advantage of Publix refill syncing so their recurring prescriptions can be scheduled to be ready on a particular day. Once a refill calendar is set up, customers can choose to receive text alerts or phone calls when their prescription is ready for pickup.

• FLAVORx: For customers with children needing to take medication, Publix offers FLAVORx as a way to help them consume the medication by making it taste like bubblegum, grape, strawberry or apple. FLAVORx is sugar-free, non-allergenic and available for $2.99 on each prescription.

• Accreditation: Publix Special Pharmacy has earned accreditation by the URAC.

• Best for: consumers with specialty pharmacy needs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs