Publix Pharmacy

Compare Online Pharmacies

Research top Online Pharmacies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I didn't like how the pharmacist responded when I said I would wait on my prescription. She shrugged her shoulders and rolled her eyes and said the wait will be a hour and a half. Then I said I'm still waiting because I was tired and didn't want to come back later. Then she was like "I don't even know if we have it in stock." I said "I called and they said you did." She didn't make me feel like she wanted to even check. She just wanted me to leave. Wow, I thought Publix had way better customer service than this.

We called in a prescription refill at 11 am and told the pharmacy associate we would pick it up the next day. Went in at around 1 pm the next day (Thursday) and was told it wasn't ready. We asked if they could fill it while we grocery shopped and they said yes but that there were quite a few ahead of us. There wasn't anyone in line, no one waiting in the chairs and the store wasn't very busy. We got our groceries and returned to the pharmacy and was told "They're working on it". We asked how long would it take and was told 20 minutes or more. We told them we would just come back later... Returned to Publix around 8 pm and was told that it had not been filled because they didn't even have the medication. So when they told me 7 hours earlier they were "working on it" they lied.

I was told the medicine would be there the next day (Friday). I called the next day to make sure it was there and ready before driving back to Publix for the 3rd time. When I asked if it was ready the pharmacy associate said "It's in the computer to be filled Monday". I told her it was called in Wednesday morning and I had been given the run-around then told it would be there Friday so how could it possibly be in the computer for Monday? She said, "I've got it, you can come pick it up. We'll start working on it now!"

This is the 2nd time this has happened. I called in a refill a few weeks ago and talked to an associate and told them I'd like to pick it up that afternoon (on a Thursday). She said "We're working on it now" but when I got there 3 hours later and after standing in line for 20 minutes I was told it wasn't ready. They said it was in the computer to be filled on Saturday! I told her I just talked to someone 3 hours earlier who said "we're working on it" and that it would be ready by the time I got there. I work 2 jobs and don't have time for such nonsense so I transferred our prescriptions to another pharmacy. If you want to go to the Publix pharmacy on Clemson Blvd you better ask your doctor to prescribe some nerve pills because you're going to need them. Grocery shopping there is a pleasant experience and the associates are very nice but the pharmacy is like a 3 ring circus.

Publix has friendly, competent pharmacists and staff. They are prompt, courteous. They also have excellent customer relations, personal knowledge of clients and good technical communication skills. Interacts reliably with doctors' offices and insurers.

Publix has got to be one of the better grocery/pharmacy shops in the state of Florida. They always have great service. The employees are very friendly and helpful throughout the whole store. It is pretty much the only supermarket we use as there are no others to compare to the way Publix does things. We hope that they continue to operate this way for years to come.

They know me and are always available when I have questions. When I was out of town, the Publix I went to contacted my doctor for me and was able to get a refill of my medications.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publix Pharmacy?

Store is close and convenient. They also have a drive thru which occasionally gets backed up but inside the store things usually run smoothly and quickly. Employees are friendly, helpful and fairly knowledgeable in many areas. Most of the pharmacy staff have been there for a while but the pharmacists seem to turnover on a fairly regular basis.

In the place that I live the DR can't call for the refill the prescription. The Publix pharmacy don't call the Dr. for the prescription or fax to them to make the client happy. Awful and I'm already change the pharmacy, Winn-Dixie.

I switched to Publix from another pharmacy due to poor service and high prices. I have been very satisfied with my choice. They have excellent customer service and do their best to get you the lowest price on all medications. Always professional, know what they are talking about, and able to answer questions about different drugs. Also, quick to refill or contact doctor if needed.

As a former insurance agent, Publix pharmacy is more HIPAA compliant than other pharmacies. I love my pharmacy because they are always on top of my allergies and helpful. I have tried a number of well-known pharmacies and would not return to them. I trust my pharmacist over my physician for pharmaceutical knowledge. Love them.

Publix is friendly and well-stocked with a variety of items. They also have very good customer service. I have shopped at other local food stores and although Harris Teeter might be bigger and have a better variety of certain foods, their prices are way too high, except when there is a particular item on sale. For example, a bag of cat food is $1-2 more there than at Publix and that is just one item. So if you multiply increased prices by several items, why would anyone knowingly shop there unless there was no alternative?

Rude treatment at Store 1391 (Pell City, AL). After having been told 4 separate times that my medication would be ready for pickup, I was told on my second trip to the Publix pharmacy that the order of my medication had not gone through and they didn't know where the medication was. Having been given the runaround 4 times, and never having received communication that the order had not processed, I was upset. I had already missed two doses of the medication due to the store's negligence. When I expressed my frustration (albeit quite demonstrably), the pharmacy tech told me, "Don't get huffy with me!" I was awestruck. Without asking me how she could help, without asking me the details of my complaint, that was her first response.

I have always held Publix up to a higher degree of customer service standards than other chains. I shop there because I know I'll be guaranteed a quality experience. I never thought I would hear those words come out of the mouth of a Publix employee. The store manager assured me that it would be taken care of. That degree of miscommunication, lack of attention to detail, and blatant rudeness to a customer really is unacceptable.

They were open during the day with sufficient hours for everyone to be able to accomplish their deeds. Great customer service and friendly people. Very knowledgeable, about medications and insurances and willing to go the extra mile for a customer. I asked about certain meds and they took the time to explain interaction details. Very happy with this. Compared to other places my things were ready quickly and efficient. I am not aware of a loyalty program but will join if there is one to keep coming back to this superior service. Good customer service and friendly people to wait on you.

Always open when I need them. I have never had a bad experience with them, and would recommend them to anyone willing to listen. I go there all the time for my needs. They are always doing a nice job of recommending things to me and I like them for that. They are really awesome and I go there frequently. I hardly ever have to wait and I like that - and there are a lot of older people that live near me which is kind of funny that there is no wait time.

Hours are pretty flexible. It's easy to be able to get your medication in a certain timeframe. They are fairly fast. Also I would recommend to anyone looking for a good pharmacy. The pharmacist seems to know his medications well. They are very helpful and eager to answer any questions regarding your medication. The wait time isn't too bad. It depends how busy or is but I've gotten medication in as little as a half hour. Sometimes a little longer but always same day.

Open 24/7, easy to use, explained everything thoroughly. I enjoyed being able to access them anytime as well as the workers were very friendly. I love Publix. The pharmacists were very knowledgeable and explained all the side effects of the medication I'd be taking. I appreciated knowing what was going into my body and how it'd help me defeat the evil bacteria. There was a very short wait time basically all I had to do was walk up and ask for my prescription and then they filled it and I was on my way.

Great store hours and really nice place. They're really helpful and fast at their job. No wait. It was ready when I got there. Really fast service. Good rewards program.

M-f 7-5 it was great. It was helpful and easy to use. It works like normal store hours but has it during normal business hours they are open like you think they would be. They were very knowledgeable in their work. And the side effects of medicine. They reminded me of them and to read. They were known and update for the most part. The wait time was normal time. That you expect. It was fast. It was ready when they said it would be. It was done earlier than they said. If you buy so much you can discount on groceries.

I decided to go the pharmacy for first time a few months ago because I was far from home and doing some grocery shopping for my household, so I went there for some acid reflux blockers. They have a great pharmacy located inside the market and was very pleased with their offers and selections, organization, layout of the pharmacy plus the staff. I was an average of waiting time of few minutes, that went by quite fast. In general very satisfied.

They are always open when I need to get there to get my medication and other things I may need during that time. I enjoy going there for the friendly service. The pharmacist is extremely helpful every time I go in there and answers my questions to the fullest. Definitely make me feel comfortable about my meds. It is usually pretty quick. I don't mind waiting a few minutes to get the help that I need. Everyone is so friendly anyway so I talk to people and make new friends. More Coupons would be excellent!

I just received the worst pharmacy service Ive ever experienced, anywhere. It started when I received a phone call from this Publix Pharmacy that my prescriptions (needed for cataract surgery early tomorrow) were ready. When I went to pick up, though, I was told at the counter that "it would be another 20-30 minutes". After waiting through that, then waiting some more, I finally threw in the towel at the 1 1/2 hour point and called the store manager. I explained the problem. He walked to the pharmacy counter, then returned and told me my order was ready.

When I returned to the window, though, I was met with pure retaliatory attitude and told I'd have to wait until another gentleman's order was filled. Noting the visible derision, I returned to the store manager and told him that I no longer trusted whatever might come across that counter. This has placed my cataract surgery appointment in jeopardy; however, I have zero trust in this Publix Pharmacy, or in the people who run it. This was absolutely horrible customer service. On the bright side, if I ever encounter someone whose filming an expose on passive aggressive behavior toward customers (particularly an old guy on the eve of cataract surgery), I'll send them to this Publix Pharmacy (corner of Kanner and Salerno, Stuart, FL).

My husband and I like it very much because they have $4 prescriptions on a lot of the ones we need. The staff is amazingly nice. We never wait very long at all. The pharmacist at Publix always makes the effort to explain everything we need to know. Will take time out to answer all our questions and be sure we understand what we need to know. I've seen them go out of their way to help customers. Several times I've seen them offer to help people in wheel chairs or on crutches. I admire caring people. I may need that help one day. I am a part of the rewards program. It saves my husband and I big bucks sometimes. Some of my husband's meds are very expensive. I love the fact we can be rewarded for spending our money at Publix.

Their hours sufficed and the overall wait time was very short, most places waiting thirty minutes was normal. So overall I was pleased with the time I had to wait which was approx 15 minutes. Very knowledgeable and experienced with the questions I had and knowing about side effects and what to drink or not to with the prescribed medications. To me a 15 minute wait time from beginning to end is not time considering I have waited up to an hour in line. I am very pleased and satisfied with the wait time at this store. Well, not really familiar with this however anytime there is a reward program you cannot go wrong especially when you use it often and with good reason.

I went to get a prescription because it was closer to my new moving location. While I was there, I was also able to receive a prescription for free antibiotics. I was very satisfied with the service! The pharmacists was very knowledgeable and courteous. They asked me if I had any questions whatsoever about any side effects or how to properly take the medication. No wait time of inconvenience for me. Since it was on my way to work. I dropped the prescription off that morning and picked it up after work the same day. Could have gotten it sooner if I choose to.

Same hours as store hours. It's simple to get your shopping done while waiting for your prescription to be filled. The people are friendly and if you have any questions that need answers to them either they would help you or would get someone who will have answers to your questions. They are very helpful. They take pride in good customer service. Overall I feel as if they are very knowledgeable in what they do and they are really nice people. What's awesome about Publix is the wait time isn't too long. They will notify you when you prescription is filled. I don't use the reward program that much because I don't go there that much but even still I save on things in the store as well as my prescription medication.

They are open early to late which gives me great flexibility to pick up my prescriptions. I work odd hours at my job so I'm lucky to have a pharmacy with extended hours like theirs. All of the employees are extremely knowledgeable and strive to answer every question I have whenever I am there. It is always a pleasure to visit and do business with people so dedicated to serving their customers. The wait times I have experienced have never been excessive at their stores. It has never taken more than a few minutes for because I usually call in my prescriptions before hand and pick them up later.

Well since I have been there only twice, both times experience was great not just because of the flexible hours but because of the waiting time and overall process/experience. People who work there seem very knowledgeable and they gave me really good diagnose and advice for my future life. Because of that, and considering their level of knowledge and understanding of my situation I would recommend them. As I mentioned before I am satisfied because everything was perfectly organized so I didn't have to wait for so long. Staff was also amazingly pleasant and made waiting time better. I didn't have to wait a lot so I waited for understandable amount of time. I am really satisfied with outcome. After consultation I have learned a lot and I wanted to become member of reward program.

Hours have figured to be what I need to complete my transaction and store is located near where I live. Also they were very helpful on my needs. The people were very knowledgeable and knew what my needs were. I would purchase more from this store in the future because of the service I received. The wait time was very short because I order my prescription ahead so it would be ready for pick up when I got to the store. This made my waiting time almost zero. I'm not in the rewards program because I'm not in the area all the time. When I more to this area I will probably join the rewards program.

The Publix Pharmacy that our household frequents is open from 8:00 AM until 7:00 PM, Monday through Friday and on Saturdays 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM. They make it convenient for us to fill prescriptions and to get by for flu shots. The technicians and staff at Publix Pharmacy seem to be very knowledgeable about generic versus name brand and are able to give fairly firm dates when a specific prescription is out of stock. Also they keep you apprised on potential side effects and problems combining with other prescriptions.

The wait times are usually not too long. Often we order by phone and wait for a call; other times we go to the desk to place an order and do grocery shopping. By that time the prescription is often ready to be picked up. Not aware of any reward program(s) that are offered by the Publix Pharmacy. If they have such programs they have not been communicated to us.

The pharmacy at Publix is open during hours that are very convenient for my family and I, and since the store is conveniently located near my family's beach property it is easy to get there during their hours of operation. The pharmacists at Publix are very knowledgeable and helpful, and I trust their recommendations and expertise to the utmost extent. The pharmacists are always ready and willing to offer helpful advice. The pharmacy staff at Publix works hard to ensure that their customers do not have to wait any longer than necessary to receive the prescriptions that they need. I have never had to wait very long at all! If there is a rewards program I'd happily join and recommend it to others, but I'm not aware of any rewards program being offered at the location nearest to my home.

I usually go in the afternoon so it wasn't much of a problem. Since I just went there to pick up a prescription, I did not get to interact much with the pharmacist. There was no long discussion or interaction. I don't think I've waited longer than 10 minutes ever at Publix. I would recommend the wait time.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Publix provides consumers with in-store and online pharmacy services in nearly 90 percent of its stores. From free medications, online prescription refills and specialty online pharmacy services, Publix has multiple options to make pharmacy services more convenient.

• Prescription refills: Prescription refills are quick and simple with Publix. Customers can go online and fill out the refill form which includes the pharmacy number (found on the prescription label), prescription number and preferred pickup time.
  • Specialty pharmacy: The Publix specialty pharmacy works with customers’ doctors and insurance providers to ensure the lowest out-of-pocket costs. The specialty pharmacy will help customers manage their medication therapies and programs with educational material, scheduled refills and home delivery.
  • Free medication program: Publix offers the most commonly prescribed medications for free. Customers with a prescription from their doctor for common antibiotics, diabetes medication and blood pressure medication can get up to a 90-day supply at a time for free. Free medication includes amlodipine, lisinopril, metformin and amoxicillin.
  • Sync refills: Customers can take advantage of Publix refill syncing so their recurring prescriptions can be scheduled to be ready on a particular day. Once a refill calendar is set up, customers can choose to receive text alerts or phone calls when their prescription is ready for pickup.
  • FLAVORx: For customers with children needing to take medication, Publix offers FLAVORx as a way to help them consume the medication by making it taste like bubblegum, grape, strawberry or apple. FLAVORx is sugar-free, non-allergenic and available for $2.99 on each prescription.
  • Accreditation: Publix Special Pharmacy has earned accreditation by the URAC.
  • Best for consumers with specialty pharmacy needs.

Compare Online Pharmacies