4.0/5 (174 ratings)

About Publix Pharmacy

Publix Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publix Pharmacy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publix Pharmacy?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

For years I've gotten notices my order was filled only to show up and it has not. When talking to them they said they notify as each order is filled meaning I'll show up when only one order is fill. Thus a number of trips. Asked them if the notify when the complete order is filled. Was told, "No, we notify on each item." That's just not right, should wait until all orders are filled. They also seem short of staff. It can take 20 min plus to pick up your order. It's also obvious they keep small inventory and like to work out of the warehouse.

Original review: July 12, 2022

April 3, 2022, I was charged $353.95 for 60 each, 0.6 MG ** tablets at: Publix of WestEdge, 10 WestEdge Street, Charleston, SC 29403. Today I was charged $29.18 for 30 tablets of the same medication at Safeway in Warrenton, VA. 60 tablets then should cost 2 X 29.18 = $58.36. Therefore, Publix overcharged me by nearly $300! THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS! Unless you want to be overcharged a fortune, don't shop at Publix.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 4, 2022

A prescription was mistakenly called in to the pharmacy at Moultrie Square (St Augustine) and had to be redirected to the TRICARE Pharmacy System (Express Scripts) to be filled. The pharmacy was asked to fax the prescription to TRICARE to which they refused saying it was not protocol. They said the only way the prescription could be redirected was that either the Dr would have to resubmit the prescription to TRICARE or TRICARE would have to call the pharmacy and request they fax the prescription.

I went to the Drs office three times and requested they fax the prescription to TRICARE. All three times they faxed the prescription back to the Publix Pharmacy. I then called the TRICARE office and asked them to request a faxed copy of the prescription. I spoke to a pharmacist at the TRICARE office and was told that they could not request faxed copies of prescriptions from local pharmacies. Bottom line: Eye Center of St Augustine, either through incompetence or stupidity, repeatedly sent the prescription to the wrong pharmacy. The TRICARE pharmacy system (Express Scripts) refused to get involved siting their procedures and, the Publix Pharmacy at Moultrie Square refused to provide any customer support siting internal protocol procedures.

The real problem is that the TRICARE pharmacy system has a one fill policy meaning they will provide discounts for prescriptions on a one-time basis. Any prescription requiring refills must be filled by them. The cost of my prescription to be filled by the Publix Pharmacy was quoted at $1,900.34. The discount offered by TRICARE was an out-of-pocket cost of $34.00. Since the Publix Pharmacy and the Eye Center of St Augustine refused to redirect the prescription to TRICARE, I’m required to pay the undiscounted amount of $1,900.14. How’s that for Publix Pharmacy customer service?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

On a recent visit I presented the pharmacist my prescription together with the print-out of the ScriptSaver WellRx discount for my meds. This print was downloaded from the WellRx website and clearly showed the price for pickup at a Publix Pharmacy. To my utterly surprise I was told that Publix Pharmacy does not honor this discount card. I asked the pharmacist to call the pharmacy help desk published on the WellRx discount card. She refused and came back with the same answer: "Publix does nor work with this discount company." Consequently, I was forced to pay a higher price in order to get my medication. I followed up with ScriptSave WellRx and was told that Publix is in their network since more than one year and that my discount should have been applied. Publix needs to honor their commitment. Lousy, not-caring attitudes by employees tarnish the Publix brand.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

My doctor sent over 5 prescriptions on Tuesday morning. Here it is 48 hours later and only 1 prescription is ready. I am changing pharmacies. I have never had to wait days for a prescription before using Publix. Sad but too big to handle the volume they take in? Use small family owned pharmacies and the service is much quicker.

Original review: July 27, 2021

Wow. I've been dealing with pharmacies for 30 years. I have to say Pam at the Publix pharmacy on University Drive and Griffin Road in Davie. She goes up and beyond her customer service to make things right.. You can't find anyone in the industry that compares to her. If you looking knowledge and customer service bring your prescriptions there. You'll never be disappointed.. Kudos to Publix and their pharmacy!

Original review: April 12, 2021

In an industry known for rudeness and apathy toward customers, Publix Pharmacy manages to do even worse than most. I can no longer call in prescriptions for patients because of how often Publix says they never received it, blaming it on my office instead of taking responsibility. They are needlessly time-consuming for patient and doctor. Personally, I went in for a covid shot and the pharmacist was argumentative and condescending. Went down the street to the next Publix for a family member's covid shot, different pharmacist -but rude and nasty just the same. It must be company policy.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

They are never too busy to help you. Very patient. I notice they treat everyone like they’re the most important customer they have. Can’t say enough good things about the Publix pharmacy I use.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

The pharmacy at my local Publix has stayed open when other pharmacies have closed when we were expecting a bad storm or hurricane and have continued to serve thru COVID pandemic without delays.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

I switched to Publix years ago because a Walgreens pharmacist said to me, he was very busy and did not have time to speak to me about my meds, I switched to Publix at Jamestown Plaza.

Publix Pharmacy author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Publix provides consumers with in-store and online pharmacy services in nearly 90 percent of its stores. From free medications, online prescription refills and specialty online pharmacy services, Publix has multiple options to make pharmacy services more convenient.

• Prescription refills: Prescription refills are quick and simple with Publix. Customers can go online and fill out the refill form which includes the pharmacy number (found on the prescription label), prescription number and preferred pickup time.

• Specialty pharmacy: The Publix specialty pharmacy works with customers’ doctors and insurance providers to ensure the lowest out-of-pocket costs. The specialty pharmacy will help customers manage their medication therapies and programs with educational material, scheduled refills and home delivery.

• Free medication program: Publix offers the most commonly prescribed medications for free. Customers with a prescription from their doctor for common antibiotics, diabetes medication and blood pressure medication can get up to a 90-day supply at a time for free. Free medication includes amlodipine, lisinopril, metformin and amoxicillin.

• Sync refills: Customers can take advantage of Publix refill syncing so their recurring prescriptions can be scheduled to be ready on a particular day. Once a refill calendar is set up, customers can choose to receive text alerts or phone calls when their prescription is ready for pickup.

• FLAVORx: For customers with children needing to take medication, Publix offers FLAVORx as a way to help them consume the medication by making it taste like bubblegum, grape, strawberry or apple. FLAVORx is sugar-free, non-allergenic and available for $2.99 on each prescription.

• Accreditation: Publix Special Pharmacy has earned accreditation by the URAC.

Publix Pharmacy Company Information