Publix Pharmacy

Publix Pharmacy Reviews

Overall Rating1.9 out of 5

About Publix Pharmacy Reviews

Publix Pharmacy Reviews

ConsumerAffairs has collected 121 reviews and 630 ratings.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publix Pharmacy?

Reviewed Sept. 23, 2023

Our pharmacy closed, so we needed to transfer all scripts to another pharmacy unfortunately. We picked Publix only to find out that they would fill some but not all due to the fact that it was a pain medicine and because it was not from a pain management dr but a oncologist dr for my husband's cancer they refused to fill it. I'm certainly not going to take my husband to a management place when on fact it's due to his cancer!! So if we pay cash to have a dr prescribe pain meds for lord knows what you can get it, but if your use is for cancer base pain from a well known dr you can't fill it there!!! Wow shame on you PUBLIX!!!

Reviewed Aug. 16, 2023

I have been a customer since the Westchester store opened in High Point. All was excellent up until the past year and a half. I use their on-line app for drugs and when notified, pay on-line and go by to pick them up. In the year and a half period, I have gotten notice that there is no card on file to card has been declined to picking up the prescription and being told I owe for the drug even though paid on-line through the app. Have spoken to several managers there (that seems to be a revolving door) and nothing changes. When I point these things out, the staff is rude and, basically, says it is my error. Happened again on 8/15/23 and have transferred 8 of my prescriptions over to a privately owned drug store and will be moving my wifes soon. Nothing like a locally owned family operation. As much as the big box stores try to drive out mom and pop stores, this will not happen with customer service like Publix.

Thanks for your vote! Report

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Verified purchase

Reviewed July 28, 2023

I went to see a new doctor for a new medical problem. He wrote what looked like two prescriptions, sent them to the pharmacy, then told me what he was prescribing. I informed him I couldn't take that particular medication. Therefore, he wrote a different prescription and sent it to the pharmacy. Later that day, I went to Publix Pharmacy drive-thru to pick-up my prescriptions, there were two, I paid and out of consideration of others, I left the window. I immediately parked to examine my new medication. I realized they had mistakenly filled the prescription for the medication to which I have an adverse reaction. I returned to the drive-through window to inform them of their mistake, return the medicine and request a refund. They flat out refused to issue me a refund for their mistake!

Reviewed July 9, 2023

The employees at Publix pharmacy in Thomasville Georgia are rude and make a bad situation worse. I have been trying for two days to get a prescription filled. My doctor called in a prescription around 4 in the afternoon. My mom called them and they told her my prescription was ready for pickup. So I drive from Pavo to pick it up (about 20 miles away) and when I arrive they say that my insurance doesn't want to pay for it. So I said, "Ok I will just pay for it." She said at that point that the prescription wasn't ready and I would have to come back tomorrow to pick it up.

I asked her please could they fill it now. I am in pain and need the medication. She said no I would have to come tomorrow. So my mom was very frustrated with the whole experience and decided to get her prescription that she had placed on hold back so we could go to a different pharmacy. This employee named Becky came to the window and was very rude to my mom and refused to give her back her prescription. She walked away from the window and wouldn't come back after being rude to us. It was just uncalled for and we didn't deserve her bad attitude.

Verified purchase

Reviewed July 7, 2023

Publix seems to never be able to refill prescriptions on time or fill new prescriptions called in by doctors in any reasonable period of time. Automatic refills are touch and go, with a customer having to call repeatedly to get the prescription filled. If it needs to be Refilled by the doctor you have to take matters in your own hands as Publix claims it contacts the doctors, but every Time my doctors have no indication that a refill was ordered by the pharmacy. And my request they called in new prescriptions. Doctor calls in a new prescription you can wait days before it’s filled; don’t be surprised if you feel better before the medicine ever arrives. Publix is a very poorly run Pharmacy. I’ll pay more to switch back to Walmart but they always managed to have prescriptions ready the same day And If special ordered, ready by the next morning.

Reviewed April 21, 2023

Very rude, Disrespectful employees! I switched pharmacies to save money, but I would rather pay more money than deal with unprofessional employees at Publix located in Enterprise, AL. Do not do business with these people!!!!

Reviewed March 30, 2023

My experience at this Pharmacy is always remarkable. Cheryl is super amazing, helpful and informative. She is so easy to talk to. She listens to my concerns and she will give me suggestions. The service is always personalized. The fact that she even calls me by name is indicative of a great relationship that has developed through time.

Reviewed March 8, 2023

These idiots have no idea what they're doing. They routinely break Florida law. I have overheard them giving, or trying to give, their incorrect medical advice to so many customers who I then track down and give the correct information to. That's what you get when you get a bunch of people with barely a high school degree who couldn't get into medical school a little power to dispense medicated soaps in a grocery store. Dummies.

Reviewed Jan. 16, 2023

I recently obtained a new Pharmacy Plan since I am on Medicare. I obtained the new plan and to maximize my cost savings I needed to use Walmart or Publix. Given that, I chose Publix I had my prescriptions moved to Publix. Today I went to the Publix Pharmacy in Canton Ga. on Riverstone Pkwy and have never been treated so rudely. When I arrived I went to the drop off Pharmacy window and a rep named Tracey was there. I said "Hello I am new here and need some help". The rep's words were "What do you need". I said, "I have some prescriptions that are narcotics and need to see if you have them". Response was "No we do not have them and it will take at least a week." I said, "Oh I see."

Then I asked, "What about in the future? These are maintenance drugs to me and I need to know if you can or will have them next month when I need a refill." The answer was, "NO we cannot guarantee that. You have to bring in a physical prescription to get this." She said it is a legal thing. Well that is a crap answer since the Walmart Pharmacist used to always order my ** every month for me. I never had to wait in over 3 years. Walgreens has always had my 15mg ** every month for the last 2 years. No it is not a Legal thing. It is a service provided to individual consumers who need these medications to live somewhat of a normal life.

I then got my insurance card, left and went back to Walgreens, who had my prescriptions in stock and transferred all of prescriptions back to Walgreens. They will cost more but I know they will make an effort to stock my medication and if they do not have it then get it to me in 3 to 4 days worse case. That is why they are in business to provide medicine to people in pain and are empathetic to the consumer. In a nutshell if you need any narcotic medication on a recurring basis, Publix does not care and are rude about it.

Reviewed Aug. 11, 2022

For years I've gotten notices my order was filled only to show up and it has not. When talking to them they said they notify as each order is filled meaning I'll show up when only one order is fill. Thus a number of trips. Asked them if the notify when the complete order is filled. Was told, "No, we notify on each item." That's just not right, should wait until all orders are filled. They also seem short of staff. It can take 20 min plus to pick up your order. It's also obvious they keep small inventory and like to work out of the warehouse.

Publix Pharmacy author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Publix provides consumers with in-store and online pharmacy services in nearly 90 percent of its stores. From free medications, online prescription refills and specialty online pharmacy services, Publix has multiple options to make pharmacy services more convenient.

• Prescription refills: Prescription refills are quick and simple with Publix. Customers can go online and fill out the refill form which includes the pharmacy number (found on the prescription label), prescription number and preferred pickup time.

• Specialty pharmacy: The Publix specialty pharmacy works with customers’ doctors and insurance providers to ensure the lowest out-of-pocket costs. The specialty pharmacy will help customers manage their medication therapies and programs with educational material, scheduled refills and home delivery.

• Free medication program: Publix offers the most commonly prescribed medications for free. Customers with a prescription from their doctor for common antibiotics, diabetes medication and blood pressure medication can get up to a 90-day supply at a time for free. Free medication includes amlodipine, lisinopril, metformin and amoxicillin.

• Sync refills: Customers can take advantage of Publix refill syncing so their recurring prescriptions can be scheduled to be ready on a particular day. Once a refill calendar is set up, customers can choose to receive text alerts or phone calls when their prescription is ready for pickup.

• FLAVORx: For customers with children needing to take medication, Publix offers FLAVORx as a way to help them consume the medication by making it taste like bubblegum, grape, strawberry or apple. FLAVORx is sugar-free, non-allergenic and available for $2.99 on each prescription.

• Accreditation: Publix Special Pharmacy has earned accreditation by the URAC.

Publix Pharmacy Company Information