3.39/5
Based on 64 reviews that contain star ratings

64 Publix Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 23, 2019

Waited 4 days twice for critical blood pressure medication. Ever since Publix switched to warehouse shipping twice a week... If you need a script you are looking at least 3 days or more. This is pathetic for critical medication. I trusted them and years ago they cared about customer service. I worry about older customers who would just wait and then something could happen to them. Shame on you Publix cutting cost over customers' health. I’m switching all my scripts back to CVS.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Pharmacists compared prices for me before filling the medications ins. vs cash. Seemed very caring and when doctor left off something with instructions, she called him directly and made sure everything was understood before giving me the prescriptions. I didn't feel like just another number.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 16, 2019

They are constantly changing staff since they opened. They have on many occasions messed up my scripts. They have a sync program, however it has been over a year that it has not worked. I have brought some of my concerns up with the corporate office, they didn't even give me the time of day. They are getting worse with time.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

We've used Publix for 3 years after moving to FL. It's hit and miss at times with associates and how they treat customers! I called today to see if my 84 yr old grandfather's meds were available and the Pharmacist KRIS/CHRIS said she refused to give me any further information over the phone like the name of the med. Which I KNOW is potassium! My grandpa has NO NARCS so not sure what the hold up is! She never asked me anything except a first and last name and I KNOW you're supposed to give the birthday, etc not was never asked that! She was rude and began talking about me! Asked me if I had a POA to give out the medicine available name. I guess customer service has went out the window year after year. Never wonder why there's abandoned buildings around your city because 9/10 customers Left! NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER PUBLIX!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

117th and 104th street Publix in Kendall. I called to ask a few questions on pricing and the girl in the pharmacy who answered would not let me speak. She kept talking over me and was condescending and rude. She felt the need to explain to me how a cellphone and apps works when all I needed was a price. She must feel that everyone who calls is in need of her wisdom because no one else can operate a phone. Not the first time people in this pharmacy have been rude. That's why I go elsewhere, this is just convenient because I live next door, I'm trying the extra distance to another pharmacy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publix Pharmacy?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I went to Emergency December 11 blooding. Very bad because my high blood pressure and was 30 pills. Today I was preparing my pills and I noticed 5 less. Instead of gave me 30 that day they just gave me 24. I went today asking, begging for at least 3 until I can talk to my doctor they told me not “I am sorry. Why you wait until Saturday. I can’t give you any because the prescription was from the Emergency room." I was a client since that pharmacy was inaugurated. Thank you for your attention. Any time please I need the answer.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

The medicine my son needed they didn't have in stock. I understand how this works since I used to work in a pharmacy. He couldn't tell me when the medicine would be in a day, three days, a week, an estimate would have been helpful. Instead I felt like I bothered him by asking the question. I will never ever fill another prescription there. I went to Walgreens and they filled it in 15 minutes.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Techs there claim they can't tell you what something costs unless they fill the script and run it through. Mind-boggling stupidity and a rude woman at the window asking me if I even have health insurance. Are you kidding me? I don't care if stuff is free there or not NOBODY treats me like that. Moved my scripts back to CVS. GOOD RIDDANCE PUBLIX.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I have had a great relationship with the pharmacist at our local store for several years. Lately, he has been unable to order in certain brands of generic medicines upon request. Eventually, both he and a tech told I am not the only one to complain. They stated, “We have no control. Corporate is making us order the cheapest brand generic every month.” There you have it folks that’s why your brands change. I think the pharmacists are getting as exasperated as we are as they are on the front lines all so the fat cat CEOs can save a few pennies per customer. Because those pennies add up.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I had to change my prescription service to Publix Pharmacy when CVS stopped accepting my insurance. Since then has been some good but mostly bad customer. The problem I have had is one day what they say is the policy isn’t the same the next month when I go back... well tonight I dropped 2 prescriptions off and they were both had different dates like 4 days apart and before when that happened the same lady I dealt with tonight put the actual script up to the glass and said they couldn’t fill due to the date being different which I said no problem but tonight she got real load and when I asked her why she was so upset.

She told me she wasn’t gonna argue with me and I said, "Ma'am I just need to know what to do," and it get frustrating when things are never the same and no one ever wants to listen or admit they were wrong. They just want to yell and be very ugly to me... highly not recommended!! Some of the people are nice but the few that are not make it dreadful experience... in the process of finding another pharmacy!!!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

They always promise me a 15-20 minutes wait but it always ends up being at least over 35 minutes. The techs have no idea what they are doing and they constantly make sexual, sexist, and racist jokes. I’m ** male but it’s mostly ** people in the Pharmacy... no diversity. The older pharmacist with glasses is just a bitter toxic person who doesn’t care. He is rude and when the other techs are busy he never helps out at the register. Just stands there with a sour look on his face. I’m sick of hearing these techs so “sorry about the wait, we are behind”.

Seriously, they never have enough techs and they always complain about never having enough hours. The tech with glasses is the rudest of them all. In short, I’m sick of waiting and surprised the Pharmacist hasn’t been fired yet. When he was alone one night and I said ring me out he said “just wait a ** minute”!! I mean really, why why. I’m going to Walmart 'cause I heard they closed down the drive thru at the other Publix Pharmacy across town.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I have been a customer at the Publix Pharmacy for the last 6? Years since Publix required us to use their Pharmacy if you were an associate. My husband had 30 years with Publix and he just retired. I'm on disability and am on PM which requires pain control meds as well as the other meds I get filled every month. I've always loved my pharmacist and excellent pharmacy text. I had good relationship which we all treated each other with respect. Recently the Pharmacist have changed. My first PM Rxs were filled except for one that wasn't covered. They gave me my Rx back and I was told to check with Doctor for a new Rx that was covered. I had to go the next day to my physician's office and they changed it to a Rx they knew was covered. I returned to Publix Pharmacy but the pharmacist and tech that had told me what to do were not there.

The new Female Pharmacist took one look at Rx and said we don't carry this. I ask, "Can you order it." She said, "No but you can check back Tues since that's when the truck ran." Tell me if I'm wrong. If you don't carry it why would it possibly be on Tuesday truck. That's when I knew she wasn't telling me the truth and that probably wouldn't be there Tues. She actually sent me to a small pharmacy across the street which they would have ordered if I stay on it so they don't get stuck with it. Ok no problem. I have found a pharmacy that not only filled my Rx and was completely nice and nonjudgmental. I will be transferring all my Rxs and my husband's to a pharmacy and pharmacist that doesn't look directly in my eyes and lie.

I realize all the new rules make it more of a headache, but I was told by a Publix associate and my Doctor that it shouldn't affect Patients with Chronic conditions. It really made it easier to get Rxs and groceries at the same time. I refuse to be lied to when especially I did exactly what I was told to do by your pharmacist and the next day being refused to fill a new Rx that was covered by my insurance. I feel having someone that's already hurting being told to run back and forth to a doctor's office to get Rx changed so I wouldn't have a problem again to then be totally refused with no explanation and directly lied to. Publix customer service is usually better than that.

Original review: June 30, 2018

Needed med for pre procedure dosage. Told generic had shortage. Told would be 4 days to get non generic drug. When telling tech about urgency, she mentioned they had non generic in 200 mg but not prescribed 400 mg. I advised to call Dr office to obtain permission to take 2 tabs. She did so, and they did. Good lord...

Original review: June 8, 2018

Pharmacy Manager at Shops At Hammock Cove has poor social skills and is unable to multitask. Promises out of stock medications will be available the next day and doesn't follow through. Needs to pay more attention and use the words, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience." Pharmacy Manager should not be in a position dealing with public. This has been going on for years. She needs training and supervision. Pharmacy Tech has poor language skills.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

For years the Publix pharmacy was consumer friendly, putting patients first. Last year they started using McKesson for their generics and I believe they have recently changed to another company. They will no longer get generics that you trust and know work, they change month to month. This month I’m really having problems with a generic. It took me several days to figure out what is going on but due to past experiences I know the signs. The drug is not working or is a lower dose of active product in a medicine that is very sensitive to very small changes in active ingredient. I am very disappointed but don’t know where to go. I certainly don’t trust CVS or Walgreens. Beware of the generic meds that are being forced on you. Last month the manufacturer was Apotek.

This month it is Northstar. I am going to ask my doctor to write my prescriptions (that are sensitive) for certain generic or no generic. I don’t know what else to do. I’ll be pharmacy shopping in the next few weeks. I know it isn’t the pharmacist’s fault but at the same time Publix is not the same “customer first” supermarket that it was 10 years ago... It has slowly gone downhill. The pharmacy however, has no problem filling any prescription three days early as long as my insurance and doctor are OK with it, they are... unlike CVS. I’m living in pain and huge muscle spasms because of a generic medicine that is sub-par. Good luck.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I received the worst experience ever by Janice **, the pharmacist. After waiting 60 minutes I was told I would have to come back for the remaining medication. She gave me the wrong medication which I only realized when I became sick to my stomach & went through my trash to read the pamphlet provided with the prescription. She lied and told me she was permitted to choose whether to give ** or **. I don't ever take ** and the prescription specifically said it was to include **. She called my Dr's office the next morning and stated she noticed her mistake and informed me. My phone records do not show any calls from her to me. I informed her supervisor who responded that she discussed the issues but no reprimand was mentioned. I missed additional time at work as a result. The pharmacist did not apologize or accept responsibility for her actions.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I am getting VERY frustrated regarding price increases that I keep happening every month. I take about 20 different med each day, but since the beginning of 2017 my copay amount has steadily increased each month. For example I have one med that I filled in January 2017 and paid $6.17. Now the copay price is up to $48.56. Same dose, same number of days. There are a few of my med that have minimal increases and the rest are big increase. Can someone please explain this to me, or I will be forced to getting my prescriptions elsewhere.

Original review: April 6, 2017

Not open on Sunday, and not open 24 hours for emergencies but other than that they are great compared to CVS. I had so many issue there, but the staff was so nice.

Original review: April 5, 2017

I love not only the pharmacy but the pharmacist. I trust their knowledge on prescriptions more than my PCP. Privacy is far above other pharmacies I have tried.

Original review: April 4, 2017

My problem with Publix (Morrow) is they are always moving their Pharmacy clerks (and pharmacists) around to different stores. Every time I get used to (and trust) someone, they're gone and they put totally incompetent people in their place. I really wish this would stop! Also, they have a nasty habit of making you wait while they faff about behind the counter. Whatever happened to customer service?

Original review: April 3, 2017

The service and staff are great. The pharmacist is polite and helpful. There is no rewards program hence the awful rating really doesn't apply. GREAT SERVICE AND COURTEOUS STAFF.

Original review: April 2, 2017

Publix at the Woods Walk Lake Worth Florida location has excellent, knowledgeable help. They keep me abreast of what I'm prescribed, offer less expensive generics, and keep the balance between the consumer and insurance companies.

Original review: March 31, 2017

I didn't like how the pharmacist responded when I said I would wait on my prescription. She shrugged her shoulders and rolled her eyes and said the wait will be a hour and a half. Then I said I'm still waiting because I was tired and didn't want to come back later. Then she was like "I don't even know if we have it in stock." I said "I called and they said you did." She didn't make me feel like she wanted to even check. She just wanted me to leave. Wow, I thought Publix had way better customer service than this.

Original review: March 31, 2017

Publix' East Lake Pharmacy is wonderful. They understand the maze that is healthcare insurance. Their reminder system ensures that you do not miss and are up-to-date on prescribed regiments. I love that they are willing to contact my healthcare provider directly. The physical design of their customer service desk supports discretion and privacy.

Original review: March 30, 2017

Store should be open beyond 10 pm for convenience purposes. I like the mandatory greeting when you enter the store every time. I like efficiency of pharmacy workers.

Original review: March 29, 2017

The pharmacist didn't ask what allergies my children has. My children were not at ease around them. And for due to using Medicaid and Indian Health we were barely treated as humans.

Original review: March 28, 2017

The local Publix is convenient and takes payment from all major insurance companies. Being able to get flu shots, shingles vaccine and to have basic blood analysis completed locally is an added convenience.

Original review: March 27, 2017

Publix has very helpful Pharmacists, but the helpers need more training and they need to learn proper procedure and how to treat customers. I have run into major issues with Assistants giving me too much pain meds because they did not read the script right, or they would give me the wrong medicine altogether. That is something that needs to be fixed.

Original review: March 26, 2017

The staff in this pharmacy in Port St. John always go out of their way when I need them to. They are always friendly and will get the best price or find a coupon without me asking. I never wait too long and I have always had my questions answered.

Original review: March 25, 2017

I find the pharmacist very knowledgeable and courteous. The wait time is always exactly on time. If I need an over the counter item the pharmacists are right there with the item.

Publix Pharmacy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Publix provides consumers with in-store and online pharmacy services in nearly 90 percent of its stores. From free medications, online prescription refills and specialty online pharmacy services, Publix has multiple options to make pharmacy services more convenient.

• Prescription refills: Prescription refills are quick and simple with Publix. Customers can go online and fill out the refill form which includes the pharmacy number (found on the prescription label), prescription number and preferred pickup time.

• Specialty pharmacy: The Publix specialty pharmacy works with customers’ doctors and insurance providers to ensure the lowest out-of-pocket costs. The specialty pharmacy will help customers manage their medication therapies and programs with educational material, scheduled refills and home delivery.

• Free medication program: Publix offers the most commonly prescribed medications for free. Customers with a prescription from their doctor for common antibiotics, diabetes medication and blood pressure medication can get up to a 90-day supply at a time for free. Free medication includes amlodipine, lisinopril, metformin and amoxicillin.

• Sync refills: Customers can take advantage of Publix refill syncing so their recurring prescriptions can be scheduled to be ready on a particular day. Once a refill calendar is set up, customers can choose to receive text alerts or phone calls when their prescription is ready for pickup.

• FLAVORx: For customers with children needing to take medication, Publix offers FLAVORx as a way to help them consume the medication by making it taste like bubblegum, grape, strawberry or apple. FLAVORx is sugar-free, non-allergenic and available for $2.99 on each prescription.

• Accreditation: Publix Special Pharmacy has earned accreditation by the URAC.

• Best for: consumers with specialty pharmacy needs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs