Publix Pharmacy

Compare Online Pharmacies

Research top Online Pharmacies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I am getting VERY frustrated regarding price increases that I keep happening every month. I take about 20 different med each day, but since the beginning of 2017 my copay amount has steadily increased each month. For example I have one med that I filled in January 2017 and paid $6.17. Now the copay price is up to $48.56. Same dose, same number of days. There are a few of my med that have minimal increases and the rest are big increase. Can someone please explain this to me, or I will be forced to getting my prescriptions elsewhere.

Not open on Sunday, and not open 24 hours for emergencies but other than that they are great compared to CVS. I had so many issue there, but the staff was so nice.

I love not only the pharmacy but the pharmacist. I trust their knowledge on prescriptions more than my PCP. Privacy is far above other pharmacies I have tried.

My problem with Publix (Morrow) is they are always moving their Pharmacy clerks (and pharmacists) around to different stores. Every time I get used to (and trust) someone, they're gone and they put totally incompetent people in their place. I really wish this would stop! Also, they have a nasty habit of making you wait while they faff about behind the counter. Whatever happened to customer service?

The service and staff are great. The pharmacist is polite and helpful. There is no rewards program hence the awful rating really doesn't apply. GREAT SERVICE AND COURTEOUS STAFF.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publix Pharmacy?

Publix at the Woods Walk Lake Worth Florida location has excellent, knowledgeable help. They keep me abreast of what I'm prescribed, offer less expensive generics, and keep the balance between the consumer and insurance companies.

I didn't like how the pharmacist responded when I said I would wait on my prescription. She shrugged her shoulders and rolled her eyes and said the wait will be a hour and a half. Then I said I'm still waiting because I was tired and didn't want to come back later. Then she was like "I don't even know if we have it in stock." I said "I called and they said you did." She didn't make me feel like she wanted to even check. She just wanted me to leave. Wow, I thought Publix had way better customer service than this.

Publix' East Lake Pharmacy is wonderful. They understand the maze that is healthcare insurance. Their reminder system ensures that you do not miss and are up-to-date on prescribed regiments. I love that they are willing to contact my healthcare provider directly. The physical design of their customer service desk supports discretion and privacy.

Store should be open beyond 10 pm for convenience purposes. I like the mandatory greeting when you enter the store every time. I like efficiency of pharmacy workers.

The pharmacist didn't ask what allergies my children has. My children were not at ease around them. And for due to using Medicaid and Indian Health we were barely treated as humans.

The local Publix is convenient and takes payment from all major insurance companies. Being able to get flu shots, shingles vaccine and to have basic blood analysis completed locally is an added convenience.

Publix has very helpful Pharmacists, but the helpers need more training and they need to learn proper procedure and how to treat customers. I have run into major issues with Assistants giving me too much pain meds because they did not read the script right, or they would give me the wrong medicine altogether. That is something that needs to be fixed.

The staff in this pharmacy in Port St. John always go out of their way when I need them to. They are always friendly and will get the best price or find a coupon without me asking. I never wait too long and I have always had my questions answered.

I find the pharmacist very knowledgeable and courteous. The wait time is always exactly on time. If I need an over the counter item the pharmacists are right there with the item.

Selected this Pharmacy located at Pine Ridge and Airport-Pulling here in Naples Fl about ten years ago after trying "others". AS a rule I'm reluctant to share my treasures but both Sandy ** and Mark **, Pharmacists are both as professional, helpful and empathetic as I have found anywhere on the planet. On a scale of five I would provide them a "six" rating. Yup, I guess you would have to classify me as partial to the extraordinary quality of care received.

I love Publix. They treat you like family (or an old friend). Very courteous, helpful, and really show concern for your needs. They go out of their way to assist you. Their prices are reasonable and they work with your insurance company/doctor when needed. This helps me not to have to do all the work. I really would not go anywhere else.

We called in a prescription refill at 11 am and told the pharmacy associate we would pick it up the next day. Went in at around 1 pm the next day (Thursday) and was told it wasn't ready. We asked if they could fill it while we grocery shopped and they said yes but that there were quite a few ahead of us. There wasn't anyone in line, no one waiting in the chairs and the store wasn't very busy. We got our groceries and returned to the pharmacy and was told "They're working on it". We asked how long would it take and was told 20 minutes or more. We told them we would just come back later... Returned to Publix around 8 pm and was told that it had not been filled because they didn't even have the medication. So when they told me 7 hours earlier they were "working on it" they lied.

I was told the medicine would be there the next day (Friday). I called the next day to make sure it was there and ready before driving back to Publix for the 3rd time. When I asked if it was ready the pharmacy associate said "It's in the computer to be filled Monday". I told her it was called in Wednesday morning and I had been given the run-around then told it would be there Friday so how could it possibly be in the computer for Monday? She said, "I've got it, you can come pick it up. We'll start working on it now!"

This is the 2nd time this has happened. I called in a refill a few weeks ago and talked to an associate and told them I'd like to pick it up that afternoon (on a Thursday). She said "We're working on it now" but when I got there 3 hours later and after standing in line for 20 minutes I was told it wasn't ready. They said it was in the computer to be filled on Saturday! I told her I just talked to someone 3 hours earlier who said "we're working on it" and that it would be ready by the time I got there. I work 2 jobs and don't have time for such nonsense so I transferred our prescriptions to another pharmacy. If you want to go to the Publix pharmacy on Clemson Blvd you better ask your doctor to prescribe some nerve pills because you're going to need them. Grocery shopping there is a pleasant experience and the associates are very nice but the pharmacy is like a 3 ring circus.

Publix has friendly, competent pharmacists and staff. They are prompt, courteous. They also have excellent customer relations, personal knowledge of clients and good technical communication skills. Interacts reliably with doctors' offices and insurers.

Publix has got to be one of the better grocery/pharmacy shops in the state of Florida. They always have great service. The employees are very friendly and helpful throughout the whole store. It is pretty much the only supermarket we use as there are no others to compare to the way Publix does things. We hope that they continue to operate this way for years to come.

They know me and are always available when I have questions. When I was out of town, the Publix I went to contacted my doctor for me and was able to get a refill of my medications.

Store is close and convenient. They also have a drive thru which occasionally gets backed up but inside the store things usually run smoothly and quickly. Employees are friendly, helpful and fairly knowledgeable in many areas. Most of the pharmacy staff have been there for a while but the pharmacists seem to turnover on a fairly regular basis.

In the place that I live the DR can't call for the refill the prescription. The Publix pharmacy don't call the Dr. for the prescription or fax to them to make the client happy. Awful and I'm already change the pharmacy, Winn-Dixie.

I switched to Publix from another pharmacy due to poor service and high prices. I have been very satisfied with my choice. They have excellent customer service and do their best to get you the lowest price on all medications. Always professional, know what they are talking about, and able to answer questions about different drugs. Also, quick to refill or contact doctor if needed.

As a former insurance agent, Publix pharmacy is more HIPAA compliant than other pharmacies. I love my pharmacy because they are always on top of my allergies and helpful. I have tried a number of well-known pharmacies and would not return to them. I trust my pharmacist over my physician for pharmaceutical knowledge. Love them.

Publix is friendly and well-stocked with a variety of items. They also have very good customer service. I have shopped at other local food stores and although Harris Teeter might be bigger and have a better variety of certain foods, their prices are way too high, except when there is a particular item on sale. For example, a bag of cat food is $1-2 more there than at Publix and that is just one item. So if you multiply increased prices by several items, why would anyone knowingly shop there unless there was no alternative?

Rude treatment at Store 1391 (Pell City, AL). After having been told 4 separate times that my medication would be ready for pickup, I was told on my second trip to the Publix pharmacy that the order of my medication had not gone through and they didn't know where the medication was. Having been given the runaround 4 times, and never having received communication that the order had not processed, I was upset. I had already missed two doses of the medication due to the store's negligence. When I expressed my frustration (albeit quite demonstrably), the pharmacy tech told me, "Don't get huffy with me!" I was awestruck. Without asking me how she could help, without asking me the details of my complaint, that was her first response.

I have always held Publix up to a higher degree of customer service standards than other chains. I shop there because I know I'll be guaranteed a quality experience. I never thought I would hear those words come out of the mouth of a Publix employee. The store manager assured me that it would be taken care of. That degree of miscommunication, lack of attention to detail, and blatant rudeness to a customer really is unacceptable.

They were open during the day with sufficient hours for everyone to be able to accomplish their deeds. Great customer service and friendly people. Very knowledgeable, about medications and insurances and willing to go the extra mile for a customer. I asked about certain meds and they took the time to explain interaction details. Very happy with this. Compared to other places my things were ready quickly and efficient. I am not aware of a loyalty program but will join if there is one to keep coming back to this superior service. Good customer service and friendly people to wait on you.

Always open when I need them. I have never had a bad experience with them, and would recommend them to anyone willing to listen. I go there all the time for my needs. They are always doing a nice job of recommending things to me and I like them for that. They are really awesome and I go there frequently. I hardly ever have to wait and I like that - and there are a lot of older people that live near me which is kind of funny that there is no wait time.

Hours are pretty flexible. It's easy to be able to get your medication in a certain timeframe. They are fairly fast. Also I would recommend to anyone looking for a good pharmacy. The pharmacist seems to know his medications well. They are very helpful and eager to answer any questions regarding your medication. The wait time isn't too bad. It depends how busy or is but I've gotten medication in as little as a half hour. Sometimes a little longer but always same day.

Open 24/7, easy to use, explained everything thoroughly. I enjoyed being able to access them anytime as well as the workers were very friendly. I love Publix. The pharmacists were very knowledgeable and explained all the side effects of the medication I'd be taking. I appreciated knowing what was going into my body and how it'd help me defeat the evil bacteria. There was a very short wait time basically all I had to do was walk up and ask for my prescription and then they filled it and I was on my way.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Publix provides consumers with in-store and online pharmacy services in nearly 90 percent of its stores. From free medications, online prescription refills and specialty online pharmacy services, Publix has multiple options to make pharmacy services more convenient.

• Prescription refills: Prescription refills are quick and simple with Publix. Customers can go online and fill out the refill form which includes the pharmacy number (found on the prescription label), prescription number and preferred pickup time.
  • Specialty pharmacy: The Publix specialty pharmacy works with customers’ doctors and insurance providers to ensure the lowest out-of-pocket costs. The specialty pharmacy will help customers manage their medication therapies and programs with educational material, scheduled refills and home delivery.
  • Free medication program: Publix offers the most commonly prescribed medications for free. Customers with a prescription from their doctor for common antibiotics, diabetes medication and blood pressure medication can get up to a 90-day supply at a time for free. Free medication includes amlodipine, lisinopril, metformin and amoxicillin.
  • Sync refills: Customers can take advantage of Publix refill syncing so their recurring prescriptions can be scheduled to be ready on a particular day. Once a refill calendar is set up, customers can choose to receive text alerts or phone calls when their prescription is ready for pickup.
  • FLAVORx: For customers with children needing to take medication, Publix offers FLAVORx as a way to help them consume the medication by making it taste like bubblegum, grape, strawberry or apple. FLAVORx is sugar-free, non-allergenic and available for $2.99 on each prescription.
  • Accreditation: Publix Special Pharmacy has earned accreditation by the URAC.
  • Best for consumers with specialty pharmacy needs.

Compare Online Pharmacies