1.01/5

1012 CVS Caremark Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 2, 2019

Our company went to CVS pharmacy and Caremark a year ago. We are now forced to use these pharmacies unless we want to pay full price. When I get the same medications that I have had filled for a 3 month supply, it is supposed to go through the mail order. I never know if it is going to go through CVS Target or through mail order. The website is horrible to try and use! It is confusing and still to this day, a year later I DO NOT get a single text that my medicine needs refills or that is ready!! What prompted me to write this was a couple of weeks ago, I had my ** refilled. (Normal 3-month supply) I have always paid $21 for the three month supply. I am fine with that price because I like the convenience of having it mailed, vs waiting for 20 minutes or more in the store to find out it is not ready yet at the CVS pharmacy in Target. I get online and refill it and find out the price is now $97!!! Same medication.

I tried to cancel the prescription, because I am not going to pay almost $100 for medication I have only paid $21 for. Not to mention if you go to Walmart, the same medicine is only $4 for a one month supply! I called CVS Caremark and the representative was really really nice. He said that they had recently made some new "deal" with the manufacturer and that was why the medication was so expensive. I told him I wanted to cancel it, I would rather go to Walmart. He said he would change the price and lowered it to $21. It took him a good 15-20 minutes to "override" the system, as he put it. He told me the next time that I refill my medication, if it comes back as $97 again, that he has put the instructions in my account on how to override the system again.

My question is why would the same meds become more expensive? If you make a deal with a company, wouldn't they go down in price? My second question is why does ANYONE need to override the system if I don't like the price? Why are the medications not the same price across the board? If I had not tried to cancel my medication order would someone else have ended up paying $97 for their medication? That seems unfair! Has anyone ever had this problem with Caremark? I absolutely love having mail order prescriptions because dealing with CVS Pharmacy at Target is a total nightmare!!! Pros was the representative, he was very nice and despite the wait to fix the price, he was great on the phone. Ok pharmacy for convenience but keep an eye on your prices!!

Original review: March 1, 2019

My son has an autoimmune disease and the MD prescribed ** after the pill form of ** wasn't working. The MD submitted a Rx on Dec 28 and 3 weeks later, after numerous phone calls to CVS Caremark, they hadn't decided if it would be approved and offered NO advice or assistance. After seeing my son's condition getting worse, I went to Walmart and they were so helpful. They ordered in the ** and I picked it up the next day. They also directed me to website's that provided coupons to bring the drug cost down.

CVS Caremark is now refusing to reimburse me for the drug. I have spent HOURS on the phone with them trying to get reimbursed. I used to work for their home infusion company, Coram, in St. Louis. CVS encouraged us to have patients miss doses if the hospitals wouldn't keep the patient another day because they wouldn't staff the branches with enough pharmacists to fill the drugs. They are not patient advocates. It's all about the money.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

If I could I would give them a zero star. I have been on the phone 20 times in 33 days trying to correct their mistakes. Yes, that's plural, not mistake, but MISTAKES. If I tried to mess up, I couldn't do as poor a job as CVS Caremark has done. They did not send the correct amount of strips to check my blood sugar, wanted to charge me twice, never credited my account for a mistake they made and overall the representatives have no idea what they are doing. Purely incompetent people. I spend way more time on the phone with them than I should. It's unacceptable. Since January 23, 2019 I have spent almost 40 hours on the phone trying to correct their mistakes. I always get transferred to another person, which means the problems never get fixed. My insurance company said this is the mail service pharmacy I have to use. Truly, this company does not have the concern for the patient in mind.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

We have an insurance broker who recommended this company. UGH! First - do I have SilverScript or CVS Caremark??? I am getting emails from both and they seem to be different companies. I used to have Humana for Medicare Part D. After a VERY short learning curve, this company, their website, and their mail order program WORKED - simply and efficiently. I am trying to get started with Caremark, set up the mail order, and it has been crazy. I am getting emails with lists of "MY" meds from Caremark. Not only are they incomplete, they show drugs that I quit taking a long time ago. I also get phone calls telling me they have tried to verify my scripts by calling my doctor and "He never answers the phone." My doc just laughed! He had faxed all my scripts - they are still confused.

Sometimes I get emails from SilverScript that don't help me at all. The Caremark website told me that I was not allowed to order a refill of one drug ONLINE (a VERY OLD & COMMON med)! I talked to customer service and thought I had it straightened out. No. They are still confused. This is the worst experience I've ever had with an insurance company and I'm 73 years old. I have been self-employed for 40 years, so I have lots of experience managing my own policies. Happily, I am not in desperate need of any meds at the moment but I am worried that I will have to start running back and forth to a drugstore soon to get what I need. My broker recommended SilverScript based on cost. Now I'm not sure it is worth saving a few dollars.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Unfortunately I have been engaged with CVS Caremark for a couple of years. My experiences are horrible at best. Very inept and dishonest company. Recently refilled a prescription and was quoted zero cost by an individual and their voice system when confirming the order. Later that month I notice a charge of $800+ to my account and I call CVS Caremark. They refuse to refund because it was shipped. I eventually log a complaint and totally ignored until I involved my insurance company. CVS Caremark finally gets back and tell us they reviewed the transaction and they are aware that their system has a problem and quoted zero cost to me. They are fixing the "system" problem but I still have to pay the $800+ charge.

I later decided to just pay the charge but was initially told I didn't owe anything but then received dunning notices. I call CVS Caremark again to pay and could not find anyone that could handle a credit card payment over the phone. I once again got my insurance provider to broker a call with right individual and pay the fraudulent bill.

Recently I tried refilling two prescriptions and told they had expired but CVS Caremark would call the doctors office and get the refill prescription. Two weeks later I had heard nothing and call CVS Caremark. CVS Caremark tells me there is no record of them reaching out to doctors for refill prescription. I go over it again with the call center rep who has a wrong number for the doctor. Meanwhile I am on hold for another 25 mins with them while they call. They finally come back to me and tell me they received voicemail from one doctor's office but CVS Caremark can't leave a message for doctor to call CVS Caremark back because they are just a call center and don't accept incoming calls. Inept and borderline fraudulent. They are Terrible. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR BUSINESS, they don't deserve to be in business!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Husband's company contracted with CVS Caremark for pharmacy in 2019. Was very happy with Walgreens $10 monthly and had no issues...I’ve now been without my chemotherapy meds for Leukemia for over 3 weeks now. Being tossed back and forth between departments at Caremark. Dr wrote for med (brand), they will only approve generic ($300 copay). Appeal denied. Found a manufacture card to pay $300 copay but conveniently they don’t use that manufacture. Will not approve the brand name even though I have documented side effects on generic that make it miserable. Their option today was to go on another drug (one that I’ve already been on and made my lungs fill up and had to have them drained)

How about you just approve and fill the prescription by dr ordered. If they fill the brand name, it’s covered by manufacture copay card and I’ve done better with leukemia counts on brand name! What’s the issue? Don’t we as cancer patients have enough to deal with every day than to fight for our prescriptions after paying hundreds of dollars a month in insurance premiums. So aggravating!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING CVS/CAREMARK FOR MAIL PRESCRIPTION SERVICE!!! Should be 0 STARS but thats not an option. The amount of negative reviews on this sit should be a big red warning sign to everyone. My medicare Part D plan changed this year where i had a choice of Walgreens or CVS/Caremark for prescriptions. I chose CVS. After my doctor sent in prescriptions for 4 medicines to CVS, i was asked to logon to my account and OK the medicines.

One of the medicines had indications of a 90 day supply and quantity of 30. Instead of OK'ing the drugs online i called CVS to explain it should be a 90 day supply. I called that to the attention of the help desk agent and was told she saw 90 day supply and quantity of 90. She even stated if it was sent today i would get 90 quantity, so i OK'd it. A few days went by and now I start getting notes from CVS my medicare did not have that drug on their approved formulary so it was denied. Well a few days later I get a package with all my medicines including the one that had been denied which was a bottle of 30 pills for $73. I did not open the pills and called my doctor who found a formulary in town whom i could obtain a 100 day supply for $10.

Now the fun starts. I call CVS and tell them i'd like to return the 30 day bottle and get my $73 refunded. I was told that since i had ok'd the shipment they could not take the medicine back. I explained that I had not ok'd a 30 day supply but a 90 day supply and that in addition i was informed that this medication had been denied by my part D care. After at least hour on phone i asked for supervisor whom i had to re-explain the whole story to. He said he forward this to another department who would look in to it and they'd call me back in a few days.

After never getting a call back, i got my part D Community Care rep on the phone with CVS and went through the whole story again. After nearly an hour i was told they were going to have to listen to the call where the agent said it would be a 90 day supply, and they'd call me back in a few days. Well 2 weeks later I'm on hold again with CVS after talking to 2 agents asking for an update and they are trying to get a supervisor on the phone. The call is over an hour long of which the last 30 minutes has been music. This afforded me the opportunity to write this review of CVS customer service.

Help desk calls are usually not a positive experience but i can say all 4 or 5 of my calls to them have been the worse experience of customer service ever. If you're thinking of using this company and you have another choice, i would suggest to PASS ON THIS COMPANY'S PRESCRIPTION MAIL SERVICE - DON'T EVEN CONSIDER IT. I'm ready to hit the Continue Button on this review and i'm still on hold, 1 hour 19 minutes 23 seconds and still cant find a supervisor to help me.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Same story millionth verse, worst customer service ever! Husband's Company was bought out so we had to switch to CVS Caremark. Old pharmacy transferred prescriptions, Jan 1st, went to refill and it wouldn’t let me online, but gave me option to transfer to local pharmacy. Got confirmation email, saying it would be ready at 4:00 pm the next day. Went to pick up, they had no idea what I was talking about... The pharmacist called old pharmacy. They said they had transferred it. He couldn’t help. Called both OptimRX and CVS Caremark and got to runaround... On the phone 45 min. to 1 hr. , no resolution except they will try and figure it out “the prescriptions may be in fax stack somewhere”. Seriously, why are they still open?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

In 4 years I have never had an issue with my specialty drugs for my kidney transplant until my company switched to CVS. It has been a nightmare! I started the process over a month ago, was told my medication would arrive by when I needed it, decided I better check this past week and have been on the phone with them every day, for the last 5 days, for hours trying to get this figured out. I am so sick of their hold music!! Been told one thing and then another. Finally I thought I was done, as they guaranteed my meds to be here today, but guess what? They did not show up. Have been on the phone for another hour and was told they would ship them Tuesday, but I need them by tomorrow, Sunday.

Now they have to contact insurance and see I am able to get on the retail level. Once again they have told me I will hear back by 6pm tonight, not holding my breath. She asked me if she could help me with anything else and I told her she might as well add some high blood pressure meds to my order after today! Hum, wonder what will happen to my transplanted kidney if I go off the meds for 4 days and who will be liable when I need another transplant. CVS reps, and I have talked to a ton of them, don't seem to care at all!! Run from this company unless you have to use them!!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Same as everyone else. I've been trying for over a month to get signed up. Placed an order online, they canceled it but didn't tell me. My doctor has faxed in the prescription three times. I have ordered it on the phone four times. As of yesterday, they have no record of me having ordered it and no record of having talked to me. Three times I have received a machine phone call that puts me on hold for 20 minutes, saying that they need to verify my credit card information. The person I talked to said I could buy my drugs out of pocket if I run out. They tell me I cannot use Walgreens, even though the website says I can. I am rural, the closest CVS is 60 miles away. I do have a Walgreens nearby. The people I have talked with have been pretty professional, though some have thick Indian accents that are hard to understand. If I could give it negative stars I would.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

This is some of the poorest customer service that I have ever experienced! Let's start with the fact that every time I call, the call takes 45 minutes to an hour to complete (at least 80% of the call is spent on hold). I called on Feb. 1, 2019 to refill my medication and spoke with a rep that seemed to be rushing me off the phone and barely let me answer the questions that he was asking. I provided my updated insurance information and requested another supply of my meds after he placed me on hold for almost 35 minutes. I was told that my request would be confirmed the following Monday and the meds would be mailed out shortly after. It is now Feb. 14, 2019 (almost two weeks later) and I still have no medication.

I called today to find out why and guess what? The previous rep never processed my request, never even put notes of my call in the system and never updated my insurance! Apparently, I also needed a prior authorization that could take anywhere from 2-3 business days to complete. Mind you, I only have about 5 days of meds left and I'm traveling soon. This is prescribed medication that I'm requesting not gold! I am so upset that I am asking my insurance to refer me to other mail order pharmacies because this is just plain ridiculous and insulting!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Once again back to CVS Caremark game. They change their rules and requirements and provide no notifications. Once you meet the requirements they add another one or plead they lost the order. They will come up with any excuse/rule to not have to provide you with your medication. All about profitability monopoly. They even mandate back to Aetna as to why they won't fill the prescription. They control Aetna. If you have Aetna insurance you're screwed if you need any other drug then a cheap generic substitute forget it. The only way to get this company investigated is either register complaint with state commissioner of health or call TV news investigators. I've had enough. I'm going to my local Non CVS pharmacy. This monopoly should be broken up and the Aetna acquisition is a big mistake. ALL ABOUT GREED AND PROFITS CVS MISSION STATEMENT!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

My stepdad was supposed to receive his medication (shot) for his psoriatic arthritis 6 days ago. My mom called them. They delivered to the WRONG address to his Drs in another city. The said they would have UPS pick it up and bring it to him. Never happened. I called yesterday. Promised it would be picked up by courier. Never happened. Again today same BS. My stepdad is in his 80's and needs his medication. Don't know what else to do at this time. :(

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I use insulin pens rated as containing "300 units". I have to take 58 units daily. The Caremark pharmacist tells me a pen will last me a week. I try to tell them to try dividing 300 by 58 and it's easy to see that one pen will NOT last seven days! The pharmacist totally ignores the simple math and insists that I have enough medicine in each pen. I insist that is not possible. Also, they send me emails telling me that I either have received, or will receive "18 pens containing 300 units each". I try to tell them that they have only sent me 12 pens... and not 18. Again, they will NOT listen to that fact. I suggest that people deal with another company and definitely NOT Caremark.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have been dealing with this company for the last couple of years. They are the worst in the industry. CVS Caremark Specialty Pharmacy is EVERYTHING THAT IS WRONG WITH HEALTHCARE IN THIS COUNTRY. If there is any way you can avoid this incompetent, careless and impossible company, please do! Every time I have to deal with them, they are the worst part of my day. They delay, they lose prescriptions, they take forever, their prices are terrible, their process is ridiculous and unnecessarily complicated. You have to start over every single time with multi representatives 2-3 on average, on a bad day 4-5. I'm done. Average time in the phone 15-25 min. In a bad day 45-50 min. I hate this. This is a miserable, intolerable company.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I just received an automated call from CVS Caremark telling me to refill a prescription. They stated how important it was to continue the medication. Well the drug had been recalled 6 weeks or more ago. I had gotten a new prescription from my doctor and all is well. My concern is why CVS Caremark would not know this bit of information and tell me to get it refilled. I find this irresponsible and certainly does not give me confidence in the management of my medicine. CVS Caremark is receiving a ton of money to be the middleman for insurances and they give out this kind of information?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Consistent with other reviewers, prescription orders will mark as filled or shipped, and simply don't arrive, which can be quite dangerous if you depend on your medication to be taken regularly. Messages and voicemails submitted to customer support go unanswered, and I continue to wait for my medication lost in the ether. Definitely the worst specialty pharmacy experience I've ever had.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Save yourself the frustration. It is not worth even 1 star. It is dangerous. They sent my husband the wrong medication by accident. Luckily I caught it because he was about to take it. 9 out of 10 time my medication is not sent at all but website says it "in process" so I wait like an idiot. Then I have to call because it's overdue. I call and find out that nothing is happening. I was told "Sorry, there are problems with the online ordering site, it's broken", then I ask "why don't you notify people," and was told "our messaging system is not working either, it needs to be fixed".

This has been going on for months. I spent 40 minutes on phone only to be told to "call back on Monday and by the way we have long wait times". I was told the only way to know if your meds are sent out is if you call in. The practices of this company people in danger of stroke, heart attack or whatever else because they just can't get people's medications to them on time and people are missing doses of important life protecting medications. I am not sure who is responsible for the public safety but this is the most dangerous and critical I have seen in the medical field in my entire life. It's just unbelievable and I do not write reviews. Just listen to my phone call with CVS Specialty today and you will understand why I write this.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I used CVS Specialty for my IVF but will NEVER use them again. They never had my prescriptions entered and shipped on time. With fertility meds this is SUPER important. I had to be on the phone with them multiple times of day and they still messed everything up! WITH EVERY ROUND OF MEDS! The final straw for me was yesterday. I am almost 5 weeks pregnant (finally!) and after IVF you need to stay on progesterone in order to help your body to not miscarry. My doctor called in a new prescription 2 days prior to when I would need to start it. (They ship overnight so this shouldn't be an issue.)

I called them the day it was called in and was told they were rushing the order for me so I would have it the next day. Well it never came and when I called to see when I could expect it they told me it was NEVER EVEN ENTERED into their system!!! I was bawling my eyes out as I was scared I would lose my baby due to not having this medicine. Then when they told me they would absolutely get it out to me immediately they told me a RIDICULOUS co payment price! I ended up contacting my doctor who miraculously found another way for me to get it. (Picked up and for 3 times LESS than what they were trying to make me pay.)

After I pulled myself together I started researching all my previous copays at other pharmacies and found CVS Specialty had been OVER CHARGING me hundreds of dollars in copays!!! DO NOT EVER USE THIS PHARMACY. I wish I had more resources prior to my IVF treatment but you really don't expect to be taken advantage of like this especially when dealing with something as emotionally draining as IVF and everything that goes along with it. I hope this can help someone else from going through what I went through!!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I have wasted time online and on the phone with Caremark. I spoke with a representative and explained (again) I needed the generic form of **. This is **. I was told my doctor would have to submit a new prescription for the **. The doctor did this and then called Caremark to see what the problem was and was told Caremark has a note in their files that says I will only accept **??? I was never advised of this when I called and furthermore, I can’t use ** because the copay is $700!

Prior to this, I was told there would be no copay on another prescription. I didn’t believe it but the representative said, ”I wouldn’t give you bad information, I would get in trouble”. Sure enough, the copay was $73.00 and Caremark denied the conversation took place and would only credit my account. The staff is untrained, careless and their management needs to be held accountable.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

My company switched to Caremark this year, and I have been trying for a couple of weeks now to get one of my prescriptions filled. It is a medicine to control my blood sugar, so it's very important that I take it regularly. My doctor's office has sent the pre-approval letter, but for some reason Caremark says they don't have it. I have spent a lot of time talking to the insurance company, the Caremark, to my pharmacy, and to my doctor's office, and I am still without my medicine. I think they would prefer that I die rather than help me get my medicine. I am at a loss of what to do, but one thing I WILL do is move all of my family's prescriptions from CVS to another pharmacy. I am beyond upset.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

My company switched CVS Caremark this year and what a mistake! Based on a company email, I called to get the prescription transfer started right away by knowing which scripts were covered and which weren’t. I was assured the transition would be smooth and CVS would be handling all of the work to get our scrips transferred and speak with the doctors. Well, I guess they got the contract and the money and skipped off into the sunset. I have spoken with 5 reps, all of whom have been either dismissive or downright rude. One of my 2 scripts was CVS was going to handle, but the other required a whole new prescription.

After 2 weeks passed and no scripts were showing, I called my doctor myself and took care of it. The other script proved more difficult, as CBS said I had to change from the current one to one they covered. I called my doctor to get the script they told me to get. Unfortunately no local pharmacies carried it and neither does CVS mail order. I called about this nonsense and was told to “get a new prescription.” Since my script ended in 3 days, I went ahead and asked my doctor to send over a new script that they said they had in stock on mail order. To no avail!

I am now out of this script and its status has been moved back twice, even though my doctor personally called it in with the number they provided. This is unacceptable to mess with a person’s health in such a way. It affects much more than what they are taking the medicine for, but their health as whole with added stress of dealing with this. I am going to my HR about this ordeal and making my displeasure known as high up the chain as I have to go!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

My doctor would send in my prescription for a timed injection and they told me that CVS would call me to set it up. I had too much faith in that, and they never called. I thought about it 2 days before I needed the injection and frantically called telling them that they never called me. They took my debit card information, and charged me twice, which is annoying and now I will have to call again to get that taken care of. I only use maintenance drugs through them because I have to, otherwise I get any other medication at Kroger or Walgreens.

CVS prices are way higher than anyone else. I also have resorted to using Prescription discount programs online that allow me to get some monthly meds cheaper for what I get them for through CVS. it's sad when you can get drugs cheaper at other places WITHOUT insurance. Unfortunately for the injections I have to get them through CVS, but they make it such a hassle. I hope my company drops them one day. I HATE them.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

This by far the worst company to call. The representatives are not experienced in customer service and have no knowledge of the process their company provides. I have called for the last 30 days trying to get the medicine I need for my heart. I've been calling so much I am now out of meds and at risk for rejected my heart but they don't care about the people they are servicing. I provided all the info they need as well as sat in the doctor's office while she was on speaker phone and sent them what they need. But as I call again today they tell me the doctor didn't send the info, even though I saw her send it to the number they provided. But the representative wanted to argue with me about what hadn't been done. Then said she will have a manager call me in the morning and hung up. This is the worst. Now I'm worried about my health because this what I have to deal with to get my meds. Sad.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Caremark is the worst company I have ever dealt with. When I say ever I mean ever. They are just completely incompetent and ignorant. I have been trying to fill a prescription for 5 weeks. Each time I call back I get a different story on why it can’t be filled. Honestly each operator was less accurate than the last. First I was told the prescription was not covered to have the doctor pick something else. After picking something else I was told that it was BCBS that was blocking the prescription. I called BCBS and they stated they had nothing to do with the denial of prescription. I called back only to be told to have my doctor fax a letter of medical necessity to assure coverage. The doctor faxed the pertinent information and it was denied again. The last supervisor that I talked to said the doctor needed to call not fax the information.

This is the most incompetent group of customer service reps that I have ever dealt with. 5 weeks later I have not received my prescription. I have done everything that was requested of me and then some. If you can avoid using them I would do SA at all costs! This company should be shut down and not allowed to do business! You pay your premiums on time and they steal your money and deny your medically needed prescriptions.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

This company has decided that since no one will bring their prescriptions to their overpriced retail pharmacies they now are the prescription service attached to health insurances. SO we are being forced to go through them for our federal employee health plan. We have no choice who we are going through. They have raised the cost of all our medications by 2000%. Yes that is right TWO THOUSAND percent. The prescription I have been on for several years went from $8 to $164. That is our portion.

They also raised our out of pocket to a whopping $16,000. HOW is this legal? How are they not regulated? They are killing patients like us who can no longer afford their medications. I was also taking infusions every 4 weeks for lupus. I have been on infusions for almost 5 years now. I was almost dead before they started the infusions, cant wait to see what this is going to do to me. They have removed my medication from their formulary all together. This happened AFTER we were told we were covered and re-enrolled with our Health plan. My mom is diabetic who can no longer afford her insulin and has been very ill. WHY IS NO ONE DOING ANYTHING about these companies killing patients? The doctors are just as frustrated and angry.

Our doctor and pharmacy has been battling them with appeals and phone calls almost daily on our behalf. If my DOCTOR prescribes a medication they will deny it and try to fill it with something else. So what is the point of going to see a doctor anymore? They went to medical school, they know my medical history, what I'm allergic to, what works and what doesn't. WHY is someone whose only training is answer a phone allowed to decide what medications I need to take?? How is this even legal? It is cheaper for me to get a narcotic pain medication that has a high risk of addiction & risky side effects, than it is to get a non-narcotic patch that actually works better without all the risky side effects? Tell me how this is better?

Stop letting phone representatives prescribe and change medication prescribed by doctors. Stop letting CVS CAREMARK raise rates, rob and kill patients. To anyone reading this thinking I should just suck it up and deal with this, obviously you have yet to experience being sick because you can't afford your medications or watched a love one suffer because they can't afford their medications. We pay $875 a month for a federal family employee plan plus another $300 for Medicare complete. There is no reason we should not be able to afford our medications except the greedy companies hiking the prices and the greedy prescription services like CVS. If you research prescription companies they are the most expensive by quite a large margin. They get away with this because they have monopolized the industry. REGULATE THEM. ARREST THEM. STOP THEM BEFORE MORE PATIENTS DIE.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I have been prescribed and have been taking medication since my back operation. I have a prescription renewal for 4-renewals. January 1, 2019 CVS CAREMARK denied my prescription when it was time to be renewed. I have called and was disconnected 3-times before getting switched over to a live representative. When I did get through I spoke with 3 different reps. and the last rep. tried to connect me with the CVS CAREMARK REVIEW Board or Rep. and they refused to take the call and hung up. I am deeply concerned about CVS CAREMARK refusing to refill a prescription prescribed by a doctor without any recourse.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I am a post transplant patient that is forced by my insurance company to use CVS Specialty for my anti rejection meds. I have been using them for several years. My problems range from the wrong copay percentage (which took months to correct), to 2 hour telephone conversations where I was transferred from department to department with each one not knowing anything about my issue. WORST COMPANY EVER! Run from them if you have an option.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I just recently got set up with CVS Caremark, I never dealt with mail a order pharmacy. January 2019 my doctor managed to get me set up with CVS Caremark. My Doctor faxed scripts in to CVS Caremark, then CVS Caremark needed a PA. I contacted CVS Caremark about my medication, and I was told that the Doctor hadn't sent the PA back yet. I contacted my doctor, and found out that the doctor had sent the PA to CVS Caremark. THE doctor finally had to do the PA over the phone. So, this started the nightmare. CVS Caremark delayed my medication. I contacted CVS Caremark several times, and spoke to several people. None of them have been helpful. SO, today is January 23rd and still no medication. Two weeks ago my doctor had a script filled at the local pharmacy for 14 days. January 21st I managed to get CVS Caremark to ship my medication to me, they shipped 1 day air saver UPS. UPS lost my medication and no idea where it is.

I contacted CVS Caremark about this, the first person that I spoke with was argumentative and rude, the second person wouldn't listen and didn't care, the third person was a case manager, and she said that she would have file a lost in transit claim, and then it would have be approved, then the doctor would have to fax a new script to them, then if the claim got approved, then the medication would resent. The manager at UPS ask if CVS Caremark would send the medication 1 day air so I would receive by 10:30 am. She said that she could request that, but couldn't make promises. When I asked to speak to someone over she acted like she didn't hear me. So, there's been incompetence, no compassion, no sense of responsibility, rudeness, lots of excuses. They don't understand the importance of some medications. Like being made to go cold turkey, because CVS Caremark can't seem to get my medication to me.

The behavior of CVS Caremark is going to get someone hurt one of days. Medication for a permanent brain damage is suppose be missed. The money that these people make off of us customers is outrageous for the poor service that they deliver. I would Like to speak to the president of corporate. So, now I am sitting and waiting for my medication, 24 to 72 hrs for a decision on whether or not they are going to resend the medication, now mind you I have already been waiting two weeks for the medication that managed get lost by UPS. This has been the worst experience ever. Again I would like to speak to the president of the corporation.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I have been on and off the phone for many hours trying to get information about my approval for my infusion. I have been passed from one person to the next all day long for hours. On hold for 40 mins plus. Granted everyone was nice but with no answers to my question of "Do I travel 111 miles to get my infusion." No infusion center in the state of New Jersey. So with CIDP and 3 other immune disease I have to travel to PA. A lot of nice people with a disconnected company. Maybe understaffed. But that does not help my situation at all. PLEASE someone help the chronic ill patients.

CVS Caremark Company Information