3.9/5 (1864 ratings)

About CVS Caremark

CVS Caremark Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Caremark?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

For medical supplies we just found out that CVS refuses to process Medicare Part B for medical supplies. They insist on the assignment of all benefits and that we agree to be billed directly or they would not release the diabetic medical supplies. Medicare spoke to them and was told CVS that the Medicare Part B has not been billed in one year. CVS says they billed Medicare. Read what they ask you to sign. Medicare said to find a new provider and offered several viable alternatives. Be careful what they ask you to sign. If they do not bill the insurance, the form you sign gives them permission to come after you personally to pay for what your insurance should have been billed for. We called CVS corporate and they do not care.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

CVS Caremark does not Care about their Customers and misses the Mark on customer service. It’s obvious that they are driven by profit by their owners: Aetna. Let me elucidate. On Monday, August 2, 2021, my pharmacy called me and said that there was a substantial co-pay on my prescription for ** 250 MG capsule. They recommended I go thru Aetna’s 90 day mail order service deceivingly called Caremark. I called Aetna and was given a phone number that connected me with an outfit called CVS Caremark “Specialty”. Little did I know that this outfit differs from CVS Caremark in that they handle specialty prescriptions (for patients with complex & chronic conditions). The difference is in the copay which I was quoted as high as $180 for a 90 day supply.

It took me until today (Friday, August 6, 2021) to get the order transferred, approved, and expedited with a copay of $3.62! The problem is my supply of medication is running out in a few days and a supervisor by the name of Lori said I would have to pay for expedited shipping which is different from expediting a prescription approval process. So, I’ll end up going without a medication for my auto-immune disorder in the time of a pandemic due to the profit driven folks at CVS Caremark. I feel sorry for the elderly that must deal with the employees of this company.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

I have a prescription for **. tried to fill it thru CVS and they said no. They do not fill that. I told them it was crazy. They weren't filling a life saving drug. It been proven effective. I've been taking it for months. I'm almost 60yo. with serious heart and lung issues as well as diabetes. I am an appraiser. I go into 2 to 6 houses a day and have since covid started. I've never gotten covid. Thanks to **. This is insane. My insurance makes me use cvs or else I would leave them in the dust.

Original review: July 8, 2021

They refused to allow me to fill my prescriptions at my local non-CVS pharmacy, saying I had to call in and opt-out of a mail order system, for some reason. After being tossed around and redirected to various people, I learned that I was lied to. I couldn't "opt out". I was told my only options were to use the mail-in system or switch to the more expensive CVS pharmacies. I'm not using CVS Pharmacies solely out of principle now. To try to bully and force people into using your business is barbaric and the epitome of what is wrong with the US healthcare system. Screw CVS Caremark, Screw CVS, avoid them if you can at all costs!

Original review: June 28, 2021

I got my transplant two months ago. After my transplant, I asked my doctors to send the prescription to CVS Caremark and my nightmare starts. First of all, as a transplant patient, I need to take my medicine ON TIME every day. Second, the hospital I had transplant is one of best in US. When I called them, they always response on time. Last month, I was not able to receive my medicines on time. So, I had to work with the hospital to get 7 day supplies with $200 own pocket money in order to ensure I have my pills on time.

This month, I submitted my refill request on line. Then, I noticed I did not get my refill right away. I called Caremark and they told me they connected with my doctor for refill but did not get response. So, I need to call my doctor. I did and the doctor office felt strange as a patient why I had to call as it was CVS responsibility. My answer is I do not know why but I knew they were never on time. I just want to ensure I get my medicine.

After I got my prescription, two out of 5 medicines was put in a different order. One shows they have questions in one of medicines and wait for the doctor to confirm. I felt so worried because this was the second month I took the medicine and Why did they ask the question last month? If it is really issue, I guess I had already been damaged by this mistake. I called Caremark and they said they were waiting for doctor response. I called the doctor office and they said they had already called. I called Caremark again and they said in their system, it did not show they connected. So, I had to ask Caremark to connect with my doctor office in front of me. Finally resolved.

I was told the second pending medicine will be available to me on Sunday and I need to pay next day delivery fee. Sure, I am ok to pay premium in order to receive my medicine. On Sunday, I did not receive it and checked the system and showed it will be delayed. I had to called Caremark again today and they said I might be allergy to this and they are waiting for doctor to call back. I asked the second medicine cannot be available to me as promised and why they did not ask the doctor when they connected last week. The person told me that when they tried to fill the medicine, they found I might be allergy to it! I did not realized they reviewed the medicine one by one and the issue only identified just before they filled the medicine! Of course, we all know the process causes the delay. What amazing processes I had to go through!

Original review: June 27, 2021

I have never worked with a company that is so disorganized! Unfortunately, I must continue to work with CVS as my insurance company has chosen them to be their specialty pharmacy. Each time I must call, I talk with a different person and then am asked to call again for some other reason. My computer file must be a mile long with CVS as I have had problems getting my medication (** for asthma) sent to my doctor on time. My doctor has had to give me sample injections before since my medicine did not arrive on time for my injection and CVS says that I owe them over $1000! My insurance covers the injections and I do not owe anything--which I have talked with three different people on three different occasions about-each time the customer service agent agrees that I do not owe.

On one occasion, I received an injection that I had to send back per CVS. In doing this, the medication was damaged by not being kept at a low temperature. I asked and was told that the injection would be destroyed! Just think, that was over $600 wasted that I or someone else could have received and was denied this due to red tape! This past week, I called as instructed by CVS and talked with someone who assured me all was well and that my injection would arrive on time. Today, only two days before my shot is due, I received an email that my medication was on hold and I would need to call again. Well, I will do this tomorrow morning since CVS Specialty does not open on the weekends. How many countless hours must I spend on the phone just to ensure that I continue to stay healthy? Sincerely, Lisa **

Original review: June 16, 2021

My insurance coverage is best via CVS Caremark 90 day mail service, unfortunately they are the worst. I have had numerous issues with them shipping out prescriptions incorrectly and then I need to mail back the prescriptions for them to then send the correct prescriptions. If the Dr. sends script for branded, they don't call you to understand what is needed if you could change to generic. They just ship it out. Then once you receive it, you need to call, complain, wait for return shipping label (15+ days) and return it. Then wait to receive the correct medications. It's an absolute joke.

If I walked up to a typical pharmacy I'd never have issues like this because you're having a conversation when dropping off the script or before picking it up. Some times they even call you to let you know it's ready. This type of communication doesn't exist with CVS Caremark. Be prepared to spend a lot of time on the phone with them to make sure you get what's needed and it's covered... Oh and also, they request you to reach out to the doctor to send over information updated prescriptions, they do not contact the doctor. I'm at the point where I'm willing to pay more to get my prescriptions from another pharmacy, CVS Caremark wastes too much of my time. It's not worth saving a few bucks due to my insurance coverage...

Original review: April 29, 2021

For routine Rx refills CVS Caremark mail order works great. They do have problems with refilling Rx's that require a doctor's approval or a new Rx. CVS regularly has has problems with these orders. You typically end up contacting customer service, then you WILL have problems. Their OVERSEAS call center is terrible! Most of the reps speak poor English at best. They often don't understand the problem & you waste your time. After 6 years with CVS Caremark I'm resolving the problem. At the start of next year I'm switching to Anthem RX or Walgreens for my Medicare Part D service.

Original review: April 15, 2021

I have used other mail order pharmacies in the past but CVS Caremark is nothing but a headache! Despite being told there was a PERMANENT NOTE on my account several months back that no NEW rx's were to be automatically filled, this RX was filled without my authorization. After over 30 minutes on the phone with Elaine in Caremark C/S to cancel this order, was told it was cancelled. Six hours later, my in-person pharmacy called unable to fill this RX until June 27th b/c CVS Caremark was showing it as processed!

Another hour spent on phone with Rebecca in Caremark C/S and told order had NOT been cancelled (Elaine misinformed me 6 hours earlier it had) and they were unable to send overnight as shipping label had already been printed! This company is going to be sued for their negligence if someone has a heart attack because they cannot figure out how to stop an order in a timely manner! Incompetence and hassle is what I've had to deal with on many occasions with CVS Caremark. You will save more time standing in line waiting for your RX than dealing with this organization.

Original review: April 11, 2021

My psychiatrist accidentally refilled the wrong prescription so I called to cancel the $66 order. The lady on the customer service line said it was cancelled then I get charged and a notification that it shipped. I hate this company so much as this isn’t the first time their automatic renewal screwed over my bank account.

CVS Caremark Company Information