2. Shopping

Wal-Mart

3.7/5 (2167 ratings)

About Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: July 12, 2021

More than 5 employees passed by me and my wife and not one asked if we needed anything and when I asked 2 employees who were passing by they said “LOOK FOR THE LADY” and pointed away to nowhere. Then I went to the front and asked for assistance while listening to the radio saying “SOMEONE NEEDED IN MEN’S DEPT.” no one came. Then I asked an female employee who was moving things around for assistance and she said she was on her break. By then more than 20 minutes had gone by. By the time someone came she was rude, opined the locked glass and walk us with the item to the register instead of giving us the item when we weren’t even done shopping. Then she handed our items to another lady and just walked away. Her name was AURORA.

I felt as if we were looked as thieves. When all I did was trying to be polite and patient to get the assistance I needed. If you guys are short staffed you shouldn’t look all this item that are $10 dollar which it doesn’t makes any sense. I am a businessman and felt very disappointed at the customer service especially when there is all this individuals just walking around with their walkie talkies feeling like bosses but don’t even know anything about people skills and customer service. I hope that in the future Management gets with the program and do what they should be doing. This reflects really bad on this company.

Original review: July 8, 2021

After a hunt for PS4 controllers and Google showing wrong opening times I'm glad that I made it to the Walmart in Spring Hill Florida at 6am since the app were showing that there were 2 controllers in stock. Once I got there looking for 5 min there were, just like almost any Walmart, no controllers to be found. Manager Stephanie came then up to me offering help. After 15 min she came back with a whole cart fully stacked with new shipment boxes with all sorts of products but she thought she seen the items I was looking for. Yes she was right.... From all 4 Walmarts that I drove to on that day, the only manager who took a look even through the storage and new shipments was Manager Stephanie in Spring Hill FL. Much appreciated to save me time and more hustle finding those damn PS4 controllers.

Original review: July 7, 2021

This is literally the worst company I have every ordered online from. All 4 of my orders had a problem and I got no kind of customer service from anyone I talked to at the company. I thought I was ordering from a huge company when ordering on walmart.Com not Craigslist... What a joke!!!

Original review: June 28, 2021

On May 24th eating mini chocolate donuts I got from my neighborhood Walmart, bit down on something sharp, it cut the roof of my mouth, looked at it... It was a shard with sharp edges on both ends (still have the pictures of the object and the container the donuts came in). Filed a complaint waited for response. Walmart pushed it to the company that made the donuts, now that company (Flowers) can't explain how this item got into the batter and are making excuses of how they don't think it happened and now wants to push it off on another organization...

In the meantime no one wants to take responsibility in the fact that if I had swallowed it this situation would have been more than just a cut in the mouth. So what does everybody do they push it off to the next. This society is hard enough as we've gone thru so much, but to have an organization make excuses for an accident and I'm saying accident because I wouldn't think this was done purposefully, and to not take responsibility for whatever reason and make excuses. I don't understand their thinking. It's just not acceptable and it's not ok.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I got scammed on Walmart.com and apparently there is no recourse. BUYER BEWARE. The specific company that scammed me was 911BOULDERRIDGE LLC. Bought a pool, never arrived, and it's showing as delivered. FedEx has no record of my address. Repeated attempts to contact company have been met with silence, Walmart.com intentionally makes it impossible, or nearly impossible, to dispute a purchase.

Original review: June 25, 2021

I ordered Kitchen Aid kettles (37 kettles). And seller bargain corner has been sent not Kitchen Aid. I received another kettles Hamilton Beach. I started to return these kettles because that looks really like a scam. And what did Walmart? He blocked me!! Because I did refund. I explained the situation and called a lot of times to Walmart. I asked them to check this seller. But no. They blocked me! I spent a lot of my time and lot of my nervous. Thank you walmart! Good luck you and Bargain corner. Lose your customers and deceive them further. You need to check your partners and not block clients. Good job.

Adeliia

Original review: June 24, 2021

I ordered two Intex River Floats off the Walmart website, and the price went up two days later. I then received an email advising us our order had been cancelled. I'll never buy again from this company, and am telling all my family and friends that they don't honor their transactions. I wasted two weeks waiting for these items, which were to be given as a gift to my wife.

Original review: June 20, 2021

Saw a product online in a store by our home for $20.88. Went to the store. The same item rang up for $48.88. Spoke with Mgr, he informed me they don't price match and online prices are different. He had no authority to override the price. I informed him this wasn't a good customer experience. I went home and ordered the same item for curbside pickup. Walmart is a very low-end store and I expected better but had to remember who I was dealing with.

Original review: June 17, 2021

My experience lately has been disappointed. Walmart is one to the stores that is affordable for everyone. I do love the store because of its pricing. But my question is why North Bergen, NJ location has been lately out of stock on everything lately. "What's going on," I ask myself. I hope things get better. I would like to walk in and find what I'm looking for and leave happy and satisfied. I do see employee stock up. I just don't think is enough.

Original review: June 3, 2021

I purchased an HP All in one desktop computer at Walmart. According to the Walmart representative and the walmart website, all of their warranties come with ADH protection. I first called because my computer was making "fan lines" across the screen when using the whiteboard function. I was informed by the representative that they did not cover and that I would have to contact Walmart of the manufacturer.

On the second occasion my monitor fell over and the screen did not work anymore. I was again informed that they did not cover it because it was an accident. They were more than willing to refund me the purchase price of the warranty, but that does not help me one bit. I paid $500 for the computer, and less than a year later - I have to purchase another computer. I needed to know upfront that they did not cover accidents, so that I could have made a more qualified decision to purchase my item from Best Buy instead who have a better warranty plan.

Original review: June 1, 2021

Place a pickup order online at 7:15 am and received a confirm text that order was received few minutes later. I received my text from bank 1 hour later that it was charge for Walmart. After waiting 5 hours I call store several times (8) no answer & then I call customer service 3 times before answer & they said that they could not do anything but transfer me back to pickup. Again no luck. At this time it was 4 pm. I then tried 3 more times up until 6:45 pm. No luck. I had to call neighbor for help to go pick up supplies at another Walmart for me, due to me just getting out of hospital I was not able to drive. Problem with that was bank still had hold on funds for Walmart online, so I had to get funds from another account for same products. And as of 5 days later due to 1 holiday I still don't have my account refund???

Original review: May 30, 2021

I ordered a set of tires to be delivered to a nearby store location for pickup. The shipment was delayed a week and a half. It said online they had been delivered to the store, but when I called the store they had no record of them having arrived. This order was then refunded to me and a new set of tires was ordered with a 10% discount for the inconvenience. The discount part was at least something. But with this second order, there were yet again logistical problems. The website said they had been delivered to the store, but the store checked the back room and did not find my tires. Again they said contact the website. I called Walmart.com again and politely explained how frustrating this whole experience had been, which had taken almost a month, and I had nothing to show for it.

They said they would refund my order. Apart from this, the maximum compensation they said they were able to give me was a promo code to "spend $45 dollars on the website, get a $25 dollars off". Now ask yourself, does this sound like it makes up for a over three week delay waiting for nothing, the phone calls with representatives that had no idea where the tires were, the bouncing back and forth between the website and the brick and mortar store, etc.? For me, this was a serious waste of time, and the promo code compensation a shrugged off gesture with very little substantive value.

Original review: May 28, 2021

Order: **. I ordered this on 5/11, it was to arrive on 5/28. I went online today to check if it was still on time and am told to go to Pilot Air Freight and check order **. Pilot Air Freight tells me that is not even a proper tracking number...yet here it is in my email as the tracking number. They look further and find that there is nothing in their system for my address. I then call Walmart (1-800-925-6278), this is where the real fun begins.

After navigating their automated system to get to an actual person, the person tells me the shipper picked it up and I am to call them. I explained in detail that I had in fact called the shipper first and they have nothing and the tracking number is not even a number they use! I asked to speak to a manager and one was not available but would call me back in 30mins to 1hour. 3 hours later no call back! I call Walmart back. I gave the girl my order number and she says..."I am sorry our system is slow" and something else I could not make out. I wait for a few seconds and hear nothing and say hello a couple times and then get a disconnect.

I call back for THE THIRD TIME and this time the person tells me the shipper never got the item, Walmart shows it was processed but yet have no shipper info...THEN HOW AND WHY did Walmart send me **?! When was Walmart going to tell me my order was never going to arrive? They then said I could wait till the 15th and I could get another. Ya no. I was told earlier in the call to wait for it a little longer to arrive, yet then later in the call told it was never shipped! So Walmart, that is the new business model? Take people's money and give them nothing...Sounds lucrative.

I told my kids about this playset, we talked and talked all about it and made plans. You have DESTROYED our plans and my children's happiness. Sam Walton would turn in his grave if he knew what Walmart has become. I will NEVER buy from walmart.com again. Amazon from now on. Will be reporting Walmart to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: May 19, 2021

Need to keep all items in stock! If you sell out as fast as you restock... That ought to TELL YOU SOMETHING!!! I know why you keep moving stock all over the store but it's annoying as hell and the employees can't find it either! Get rid of at least half of those self checkout lanes... Nobody likes them! The two lanes with a cashier are backed up to the back of the store and halfway up another aisle! (Hendersonville, TN)

Original review: May 19, 2021

I get my ** at a discount. They have most everything I need. Generally the prices are lower. Fast check out. Brightly lit and clean.

Original review: May 19, 2021

Good prices. Good locations. Good customer service. Items are easy to locate. Extensive product choices. Very few long checkout lines. Self-checkout. Produce is fresh. Good selection of clothing sizes. Good selection of shoe sizes. Rarely out of stock for advertised items.

Original review: May 19, 2021

Walmart stores are great for minor repairs and all of your grocery needs. Some of their products are not of good quality and sometimes are more expensive and my local hardware. I do like online shopping, just go online make your order and receive a message when it’s ready for pickup!

Original review: May 18, 2021

I recently had a rather large order online and was impressed with the delivery service. I had ordered two eyeliner pencils and a lip gloss which had to be delivered separately for some reason but was surprised when I received a package with one pencil and nothing else in it. For the next two days I received a single package with only one item in it. Considering the fact that I got free delivery this must have been expensive for Walmart and I greatly appreciated receiving all the items I ordered without any trouble.

Original review: May 18, 2021

I am a female, almost 70 and relatively new to Walmart. I hate to admit it, but I have always had a low opinion of Walmart thinking it just sold unsellable, low quality items. I am pleasantly surprised that this is not the case! Doing A LOT of shopping online these days and having it delivered has changed my views--I am now the proud owner of many good quality items I found there at affordable prices. (:

Original review: May 18, 2021

Not Very friendly people at checkout in my small town. Always out of stuff. Putting Christmas stuff out way too early. Let's see. Not enough handicap parking. Quality of the merchandise is going downhill. Long checkout lines at the first of the month.

Original review: May 18, 2021

Sadly Walmart is no longer my go to store. Service at Walmart seems to have dropped drastically in the past and I am really sorry to have to post my opinions as negative but this is what they get. I can never find an associate to help find things like in the past and when I finally end up at checkout the lines are so long as everyone is having to check themselves out not and many shoppers are aggravated when trying to scan but have to wait for an associate to show up and help with their scanning process as some items will not scan or are coming up as wrong prices. So for me as my time is valuable shopping here is not in my future anymore.

Original review: May 17, 2021

Sometimes their prices are lower than others. I like to order my groceries online and just pull up and they bring them out and load my truck. Only quite often, they are out of the items I really need. Our local neighborhood market hardly ever has someone in the deli. But whomever I ask to find someone, they are always very polite and helpful!

Original review: May 17, 2021

I like shopping at Walmart but I think going all self check out is a big mistake!!! Also they are better on prices than some grocery stores. I love the pet supply area since you can buy fresh pet dog and cat food.

Original review: May 17, 2021

When you are looking for an employee for help it takes forever to find one and when you do they can not give you an answer, they don't know one. Most of the employees are very rude to people. Their greeters don't even acknowledge you by saying hi or welcome, most of the time they are hiding off to the side. Now I only go there when I need a couple of things in a hurry then I am in and out quickly. My major buying is done elsewhere.

Original review: May 17, 2021

Most of the time in Walmarts you get in consideration, rudeness and strange luxe because you’re bothering them and Walmart does not enforce their dress code. They let people walk around with your pants below their butts showing your dirty underwear in the crack of their butts. Walmart is one of the most ignorant, uncouth and ill mannered retail stores. Their executives in Arkansas don’t care about any dress code. They don’t wanna force it and I need to take lessons from other good retail stores.

Original review: May 16, 2021

Good prices and good numbers of merchandise but hate self checkouts. Sometimes it is difficult to find sales staff and there are often not enough cashiers to check out, leaving only one choice, self checkouts. I sometimes leave the merchandise in carts and come back later because I will not use self checkouts.

Original review: May 16, 2021

Generally has everything I need, however, occasionally I have to visit another store to complete shopping. Prices generally good, however, again, I can sometimes the same product at the dollar store.

Original review: May 16, 2021

Employees in the electronics department were very friendly in the electronics department. The person that helped us set up our phone service put the protective sheets on our phones and the cases and showed us how to do the basics before we left. He sold us the proper chargers, and headphones as well. After we were done he referred us to the clerk on the sporting goods department as we wanted to purchase a bicycle for A little boy who lives next door. We were happy with the purchases.

Original review: May 16, 2021

Customer service all around needs working on. Seems there isn't enough help when needed. Friendly isn't their strong quality. Need more smiles and willingness to help customers. That would help me shop Walmart more often. Now just if I have to because lack of customer service. And positive attitude.

Original review: May 15, 2021

Good prices, clean stores, check-out terrible. Usually only have 3-4 registers open. Wait time to check out is at least half hour. Ice cream is usually melted. This isn't just since the pandemic...this has always been the norm. Wait time to return something to customer service is equally as bad. Worst part? The clerks, just simply shrug their shoulders. They don't care because they are stuck there for 8 hours, why not let the customers wait, too?

Wal-Mart Company Information