3.52/5
Based on 4,771 ratings submitted in the last year

7062 Wal-Mart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 17, 2019

Was double charged on three items in one shopping trip. The cashier realized one of the double charges and voided it while I was still at the till; however, I didn’t see the other two items I had been double charged for until I got home. Had to return to the store to be credited for the two double charges, where the customer service employee didn’t seem too concerned and didn’t say sorry, even though I told him I wasn’t happy that I had to return to the store because of this. Last few times I shopped at Walmart, I felt that it's going downhill for different reasons. Used to love Walmart, not so much anymore!

Original review: May 14, 2019

I purchased a patio swing online at Walmart that was marked down from $309 to $179. I received one of two boxes. I called, they said there was an issue and they were out of that product. I pointed out that the exact same swing for $309 and now $250 were there and in stock. She reordered the $250 one for me and gave me a discount to match the price. Sent me a return label and said she would process my refund. I got a refund for $0.01 out of $179. FedEx picked up the box and then I got an email a week later stating I didn't return it.

Got the new order and it was box 1 of 2 again. Called back. They were sold out of that item completely this time. I was sent a return label. I returned the item via FedEx the next day. A week later got an email that I didn't return it and they were going to charge me for it. Talked to customer service again. Sent them the tracking information that showed it was delivered. No problem, their mistake and they would make sure I got the credit for it. Two weeks later, another email stating I hadn't returned it and they were charging me. Had to contact customer service again. Not sure what is happening with Walmart. I used to order online all the time with no issues. I'm so disappointed. They have lost a long time customer.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Ty op and dilla what Walmart money center and Walmart company for years escalation point. I am furious over the fact that a relative attempted to send me money and was unable to do so. Yet I can send money to others when no problem?! So I'm really confused because Walmart money center will take my money to send to someone else but won't give me money others send to me!! This is the most ridiculous crap I've ever heard over!! The customer service rep transferred me to the Compliance Dept that told me that the sender needed to call them to verify some info...wtf??

My Sister ran into the same issue a few weeks ago but when she called to verify they still didn't remove the fraud flag or allow the transaction to go through!! I will take my business and and share with all my social media friends and family the horrible quality of service I received from Riah, the company over the Walmart money center's Walmart to Walmart program!! Worst ever... Save yourself the trouble and use Western Union instead!!

Original review: May 10, 2019

This is the 2nd time I ordered something online from Walmart that stated will receive in a 2 day period which ended up waiting 10 days on my 1st ordered. Manager explained what the problem was. I figured okay things happen, but this is my 2nd order. Stated 2 days to be delivered to the store then changed to 5 days. Hoping 5th day will not be extended to 3 more days. Great prices but bad online delivery promised dates. Be truthful. I as a consumer won't have to expect what date you promised. I should of paid the slightly higher price at amazon and got package sooner.

Original review: May 10, 2019

This just happened today. Less than 8 hours ago, I went to Walmart to get a few things on my list. No biggie. I became very exhausted and I had a lot of pain due to cramping so I needed to leave as soon as possible for pain killers. I usually throw away my receipts after I check out because I don't like having useless pieces of paper in my bag. And when I went to leave, they asked for a receipt and I told them that I threw it away after I checked out at self checkout. And they proceeded to ask me which number I checked out at. Which I literally never look at the numbers on checkouts, just the lines. So of course I didn't know which one. While waiting for the manager, I began having more and more pain that I couldn't stand any longer. So I just asked the first associate if I could leave all the bags and go because I really needed pain medication.

Que the second associate. I have seen him working there before, with a uniform and all. So I knew he worked there, even though he didn't have any uniform on, or anything to indicate he was an associate in the first place. He stepped into the conversation and proceeded to tell me "no, you're trying to leave because you didn't pay for any of it. I saw you bag those items. You are no longer welcome here." That's the point when I just walked away and told him I would be calling the manager later on. I could see the situation was escalating, and I was getting very angry at the whole situation. It was much better for me to walk away than to continue.

Not only was there no proof that I "stole" my groceries, but he outright decided to "ban" me from that particular store based on the "proof" that he saw me rearranging my bags to keep more organized. I suffer from unnecessarily painful uterine cramps, so much so I had to be prescribed a pain killer because over the counter medication didn't cut it. What really made me mad was the fact that I could've just as easily been a cancer patient that he could've said all of that to. And that would've been much worse.

I have already complained to the store manager, and honestly, at this point, I really don't want to go back anymore. Until they have a staff that can conduct their employees to communicate with professionalism and integrity, I really don't see a reason why I should go back ever again. And the Walmart that I went to, was the closest big grocery store nearby my home. The other is a good hour away from me. But I would much rather go out of my way than to return to a store that falsely accuses people of stealing just because they need pain killers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: May 9, 2019

Had several returns that were on multiple receipts. The woman at the returns desk was very rude during our entire encounter. In my opinion, since K-Mart has shut down, Walmart couldn't care less about customer service anymore. Walmart is chronically understaffed and the ones who are working seem to hate their jobs. They are constantly complaining amongst themselves and to customers. Very unprofessional. Forget about complaining to management. They are just as ambivalent as their rude employees. Done with spending my money and time in Walmart.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I went through the self checkout, scanned and paid for all of my items, get to the front door and "Mike" scans my receipt. He then scans a few items where apparently 1 item doesn't show up on his scanner. He says, "If you can show me the item on your receipt, I will be the first to apologize." I showed it to him, no apology, instead he scans it again and it still doesn't show up on his scanner. He says, "Tell me why it's not coming up on my scanner." No apology. Furious, I said, "It isn't my job to tell you how your equipment works." I then ask him to escort me over to the service desk so I can return everything. He said, "No, you can do that yourself", shaking his head at me as I walked away.

I am visibly upset at this point, get to customer service and ask for refund on everything I just purchased. She asked why and I said because how I was treated on my way out. She called a manager over, Ryan, and I explained what happened. He apologized, said he would offer me a gift card. Took all the information about what item was causing the issue and walked away. While I was waiting, the woman at the desk took a call and I can only assume told Ryan that I went through "TE 29". So I asked if I was being detained while Ryan reviewed the security footage to determine if I actually did purchase the item that was on my receipt? She assured me I wasn't being detained because she could clearly see it was on my receipt.

I told her I could call a detective from the Oxford PD, to help sort this out if they liked, and she said it wouldn't be necessary. I expressed that it certainly felt like I was being detained, and my time was more valuable than the time I was spending in this store. Moments later, Ryan came back with a gift card equal to the purchase I had just made. He explained what happened, brought me over to the front guy, "Mike", explained everything again and "Mike" turns to me with his hand outstretched and says, "What's your name?" I responded, and he said "I'm Mike" shook my hand and went to turn around. I said, "that's not an apology" and he responds "I played hockey, and in hockey that is understood as an apology." I said I never played hockey so to me you simply introduced yourself to me. In front of Ryan, Mike says, "I'm sorry. Do you want me to get on my hands and knees?"

Now, my receipt says I went through the register at 4:07pm, I didn't get back to my car until 4:35pm. Seriously? Almost 30 minutes to be completely disrespected by a Walmart store employee? I almost handed over my Walmart Credit Card to Ryan on the spot. He admitted Mike's last actions were not necessary and he would talk to him after I left. All I wanted to do was purchase my items, go to my car, and go home, but your new front door procedures and actions from Mike didn't let that happen. Ryan's efforts should be commended, but unfortunately Mike's actions are too much for me to overcome. I will be paying off the balance of my Walmart card, closing it, and shopping elsewhere.

The more I think about it, I was being "detained" for absolutely no reason. I didn't ask for a gift card, it was offered to me. I would have been more satisfied being allowed to return the purchase I had just completed, refunded in full, and never shop there again. No, I was forced to wait while Ryan figured out what the issue was. As far as I am concerned, that was NOT my problem or issue, so why was I forced to wait for Ryan to determine why it happened before he issued me a gift card? I checked out at 4:07pm, the receipt for the gift card Ryan gave me was processed at 4:23pm.

Why did it take 16 minutes for a gift card to be issued to me, and why couldn't Ryan do it "on the spot" at the customer service desk where I went to get the refund in the first place? Why did he have to check the register I checked myself out "to see if that was the issue" while I was still there? Why couldn't he research the issue after I left rather than keep me in the store? He claims they weren't detaining me, but what would you call that? I asked the woman at The service desk to just refund my purchase, forget about the gift card so I could just go. She wouldn't even do that, told me "Ryan was working on the gift card and it wouldn't be much longer." They were "detaining" me!

The "glitch" or whatever the issue was is NOT my problem. My receipt clearly showed I paid for the item in question, and I am certain the security footage of me at the register supported it. All I wanted to do was purchase my items and go home, but I spent nearly a half hour longer than I should have! Then I had to put up with the sarcasm and downright rudeness from your front door guy, Mike.

Resolution response: May 15, 2019

Update: they have finally refunded the amount i have paid for the game.

Thank you!

Original review: May 8, 2019

I ordered this game for my brother on his birthday. I accidentally gave the incorrect email address because I was off on the number part thinking it was a 17 instead of the 19 in the email address. I tried to fix this by making the email account when noticing the account didn't exist so I was able to create it. Sadly the company every time I inform them of the situation ask me to check my email (spam/junk as well) which it never appears to show up. Asking if I could just be told the code I got the usual, "Try checking it again, we've resent it." I'm guessing it might be on Google's fault, so I'll try contacting them. If Google can fix my problem I'll update my review. Until then I am infuriated that I wasted over $40 for a game that will never be sent!

Original review: May 8, 2019

Ordered a ride on toy for my Grandson with expectation that it would be at store for pickup on 5/7/19. Went to store and was first told by customer service they couldn't help me because tower was closed. I ask for manager which she looked up the order and said it was in transit that they didn't have it yet. Go back home and review the order again to find out that it was delivered to the store at 10:08 on 5/7/19 FedEx Tracking confirmed... I am so disappointed first about the service, second about lying, third people not doing their job. This was my first and my last time ordering anything through Walmart. In the future I will use Amazon and Target....

Original review: May 8, 2019

I ordered 24 cans of Campbell's Chicken Broth and they did ship them immediately and I did get the correct product. However, out of 24 cans, only 8 were NOT damaged. 16 cans were either dented or severely dented! Clearly, they sell stock that doesn't sell off the shelf. I'm very disappointed and will be returning 8 out of the 16 most damaged cans to my local store! Just be aware: IF you order a canned product, you will probably get shelf rejects! Also known as damaged cans!

Wal-Mart Company Information