3.56/5
Based on 5,218 ratings submitted in the last year

7123 Wal-Mart Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

On July 30th I purchased a 60" 4k smart tv from Walmart.com the app on my phone gave me tracking information and it was delivered to my local Walmart in Cameron, NC on Aug. 6th. I went to the store on Aug 7th as instructed to pick up my tv and BOOM I have a broken tv, broken boxes and looks like they put the tv through a shredder. So NOT only do they not give me another one but the store said they couldn't help me and would not assist me in any way. I called customer service and the rep on the phone actually laughed at me when I said you owe me a tv! I spoke with multiple people in every department for 2 hours and was told I could pick another tv out at the Cameron store and that was yesterday 8/8/19 and then another 2 hours fighting with Cameron Walmart and Walmart customer service rescinding on what they originally told me.

Here it is 8/9 and STILL not tv and no refund to buy another tv which they told me they processed and I called VISA and the transaction number they gave me as the refund transaction number is not only a lie but a made up number. Visa said they do not use those numbers and nothing has been processed or sent back to me. Needless to say I will be suing both Walmart and Walmart.com for my money my time and anything else I can! DO NOT SHOP WALMART FOR ANYTHING!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Be careful ordering anything online from Walmart. My experience was that they have many vendors they advertise in their pages for that they do not support but probably take a cut of their sales revenues for generating business for them. You think you're ordering from Walmart when you may be ordering from a place that Walmart does not stand behind. When you call Walmart's customer service they simply tell you it's not their order. It's pretty sad they say this when they advertise on Walmart's page. I am certain Walmart did not just allow these people to advertise for free. They should forewarn the unsuspecting public that, "even though we advertise for these people on our site, we are not responsible for them." I'm very disappointed and will try to stay away from Walmart forever!!!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I ordered online and did not realize the return policy was so onerous. To return you must pay 15% or 20% restock fee. I tried going to the Corpus Christi Tx Staples store to get a label as indicated to me, and they did not have any. They are not nearly as user friendly as Amazon or eBay.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I purchased a Vivitar Aeroview Drone for my husband's birthday. Ten days later as he was assembling it he noticed damage on the backside. There were dents and the camera prawns were bent downward. He immediately attempted to exchange it. The assistant manager stated that the price had gone up and that she would not exchange it unless I paid another 40 dollars. The extra cost was not an issue, the principle is.

I contacted the corporate office. The person I spoke with stated that they defend their managers decisions. This item I believe was a previously returned item placed back on the shelf for resale. The personnel from corporate also stated that it could have been damaged in freight. I do not believe this. It is not possible for the prawns located beneath the surface to be bent in shipping. It was an expensive product. Buyers beware! I will never again shop at any Walmart.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I have done online shopping with Walmart 4 times and really liked it. The people and very nice and friendly. Today I started to place my order and almost half the stuff I wanted said in store only purchase. I had to go to Fry's online shopping and was able to get everything on my list. I was willing to pay the almost $5.00 fee that Fry's charges, even though Walmart is free. I don't know why Walmart makes you come into the store for some products. Some of the items I had were cold or refrigerated, but Fry's was able to fill my order. Walmart will have to step up if they want to keep my business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: July 31, 2019

If you have a Synchrony Walmart credit card, brace yourself. Your interest rate with Synchrony is 6.99%. Effective mid-October they signed a new contract with Capital One to manage their credit cards. Interest rate... wait... 25.15%. And this new contract is with the company who had the worst data breach in history in the last 12 months. Something tells me Walmart will be losing a lot of business, as will Sam's. Another large corporations putting the screws to American customers.

Original review: July 30, 2019

What a horrible experience! I ordered some Fruit of the Loom ladies underwear and received 2 packages of pants mislabeled as Fruit of the Loom underwear. When I called customer service, they said they could only refund the cost of the items, not the shipping or tax charges, even though it was their error. In addition there was no return slip in the package. So I argued back, what kind of a business makes an error and still charges their customers for the shipping and tax. So the guy went back and said I was getting a full refund and to check my email. Well I received a refund for $6.41! The total cost was $34.19.

Another call to another customer service rep told me yes I have a full refund, but it will take 24 to 48 hours to receive an email on it. Huh? I just received an email for $6.41 a few minutes after talking with them, but now the full refund takes longer? I will never trust Walmart again, and will never order online from them. I never had this kind of issue with Amazon and have ordered multiple times from Amazon. I will go to Amazon or any other site, but never Walmart. Walmart clearly has issues with their stock process and customer care reps who don’t have a clue how to handle a return.

Original review: July 28, 2019

Purchased online dvd - Father of the Bride. Delivered broken and was told to return by mail which I did. Lousy customer service. Back and forth from claims I never paid for it but it was on my credit card statement. Never got credit nor a replacement. After 8 months I gave up. Buyer beware! I would give zero stars if I could.

Original review: July 28, 2019

Purchased a Raisin Bran Cereal, which had the label ''Great Quality...Guaranteed..and If for any reason you aren't happy, we'll replace it or return your money. All you need is the package. It's that simple. Guaranteed." I consumed more than half of it, but was not happy with the product. I went back to return it, taking just the package, as was written on the label. But the customer service was not aware of the guaranteed label, nor they returned, saying they can't take back the the empty package. So the label, is kind of a scam. please don't trust it. Thank you.

Original review: July 26, 2019

I shopped at Walmart located in Geneseo, NY on March 7th. The time was around 9:40 pm and I was at self-scanning area. I was buying a portable battery for my cell phone and I had problem with the scanning machine as it wouldn't let me pay for the item. So I wanted to delete the item from the machine and I wanted to scan my item at different machine. So I called the employee (she was wearing a glasses) who was working at the self scanning area at that time. As she was walking toward me, i told her i want to use different machine and she literally screamed "WHAT????" as if she was a mother who was super angry at her kid. There was other customers right next to me and they also stared at her.

I mean English isn't my 1st language and I do admit that I was mumbling little bit, but still that was way too rude. At that time i was literally stunned by her attitude, so I just paid for my item and left. I mean is this how you treat your customer? I just needed little help with my payment. You can't just scream at customers. I mean there is absolutely no exaggeration of what happened to me. I guess Walmart does not welcome customers like me. I'll just use Wegmans from now on. I hope they have better employees than you guys.

Above 3 paragraphs are what I wrote to Walmart customer service 4 months ago and the customer service forwarded my complaint to Geneseo Walmart but I couldn't hear anything from them. The funny thing was that I received a call from some random number (I thought it was just a spam call and I didn't pick it up) and the number turned out to be Geneseo Walmart's number. Are you joking me? How about send me a an email that you are going to call me so I can pick up your spam- looking number? Still no feedback from them after that. They just tried to call me and that was it.

I don't even want apologies from them anymore. I'm pretty sure they will just try to call me once and forget about it (I'm not even in America now so I can't even get the call), but I get it, Walmart has tons of customers and wouldn't care about some random angry guy. But seriously, Geneseo Walmart really need to control their employees before all of people use Wegmans instead of Walmart which is full of toxic people.

Wal-Mart Company Information