Wal-Mart
3.53/5
Based on 5,175 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Wal-Mart

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Wal-Mart Reviews

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

As I read through some of the other reviews it’s like reading over and over again what has happened to me. Walmart by far is the worst online retailer ever. They care zero about their customers and make promises they cannot and will not keep. I ordered a high def Blu Ray player on 11/29 for my wife’s birthday on 12/13. Supposedly it will be delivered by 12/11 and is still somehow processing. Why does it take 10 days to process an order? I only ordered from them because I had a gift card with $78 on it, which I used towards this purchase. Now it’s too close to her birthday to cancel and order elsewhere. This is absolutely the last time I do any business with Walmart. Considering how business is ran inside their stores I don’t know I would think online would be any different.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

As a disabled senior I am tasked with online shopping and have now been banned from doing so because reps incorrectly documented numerous returns, of which I never had even one...in attempt to hide their many incorrectly shipped, broken or missing items. I am now being punished for something NOT OF MY CONTROL. THEY REFUSE TO SPEAK WITH ME OR ANSWER EMAILS REGARDING MY CONCERNS and being penalized causing tremendous hardships for me.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I purchased 3 items from Walmart.com at around 2:00 am on Friday 11/29 (Black Friday). I am now a Mom of two and although I have an Amazon account, the prices and promise of prompt shipping from Walmart was alluring. Two-day shipping from Walmart is a complete lie. Do not believe it - but if the items came AT ALL - I would be happy. The first item was a Frozen 2 singing Vanity for my daughter. It was supposed to arrive Thursday 12/5. I stayed up waiting, with the front light on. No package. The next morning, I received an email that said the package was delivered by FedEx at 10:34 pm. NO ONE DELIVERS PACKAGES TO HOMES AT THAT TIME. Plus - I was sitting on a couch right by the front door and there were NO cars on the street at all.

We live in Hanover, MA. When I looked back through the shipment history for the package, it says that the product went from Framingham, MA to Virginia and then to Hanover, MA all within the span of an hour. Obviously this is not possible and must be a mistake on the shipping company's part. I sent a group message to all of our neighbors (we are all very close in a small neighborhood) to see if the package had ended up at someone else's house. Apparently Walmart delivered packages to wrong addresses throughout the neighborhood recently - but mine did not show up.

I contacted Walmart and they assured me that it was delivered (despite not being able to explain that time of night), but said that they would refund me. I asked for a new item to be delivered because this is the "big" gift my daughter is getting from Santa. Walmart said it was out of stock in stores and online and they don't know when they will get it back. Checked Target, Amazon and Kohl's and it's the same deal for all of them too. I could get one by Christmas if I want to pay almost four times what I did the first time. Who can afford that?! So now I'm waiting on the next few packages to arrive from Walmart.com.

The other two items were supposed to be delivered on Friday 12/6. Again - have not received these items. The items are said to be in Quincy, MA and have not moved from there since Thursday. Now it just says that my packages are delayed and they are unsure of which day they will be delivered. Obviously after they lost the first package, I am extremely nervous about the other two arriving at all. On the other hand - I ordered from Amazon on the same day and everything came within 2 days! INCLUDING A GIANT BRITAX CARSEAT!!!! Don't let Walmart fool you into thinking they can ship things quickly like Amazon. This is day 9 and I have nothing. I am so sad and bummed. I feel like the worst Mom for not being able to give my kids the Christmas presents on Christmas morning that I ALREADY ORDERED. Thanks for nothing Walmart! =(

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Bought a tv online on Black Friday. Got an email confirmation about picking up the tv when ready. A couple hours later, received another email that the tv was out of stock, no rain check??? Cyber Monday: received an email about TVs on sale. Same identical tv on sale for $70 more. I thought they were out of stock on Friday, suddenly appeared on Monday???? Scam. False advertising. Will avoid Walmart period moving forward.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Am a fairly laid back and understanding person. I had literally the WORST experience. I literally spend so much money at Walmart having a large family. I placed an online order to be delivered for Thursday night. My home store is the one in Lake Saint Louis, MO. The order was not delivered so I called customer service. They stated the order had been rescheduled for the next day at the same time. Nobody called me to notify me or ask me if this was acceptable. She instructed me to call back the next day which I did. The next day I called and asked if the delivery be moved to the following day (Saturday) morning and she called the store and confirmed an 8-9AM delivery with the manager. I waited and no delivery.

I called shortly after 9 AM and the customer service agent called the store again and spoke with Manager Dave. He promised to have my delivery to my home by 5 PM Saturday and he would call and confirm with me beforehand that I would receive the items I had already paid for. I waited around the house all day, not having an exact time. 5 PM came and was gone and no delivery. I called Customer service and explained to them that I wanted my delivery completely cancelled. Walmart will never get another dime of my money again. The customer service agents were fabulous. The store above obviously does not have things in order. This was unprofessional and inexcusable the way they treated a customer who orders frequently and spends so much money at their store. Shame on you Walmart!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I don't usually leave bad reviews but this one is needed to be shared. Bought some tires for my truck at an awesome price from Walmart but because they were Not factory spec 245/65 r17. They were 245/70 r17. They would Not install them and I had to go somewhere else to have them installed. Do you think maybe the website could have Warned me first before making the choice. ** NO, they're all about making a buck and could give two ** about their customers?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Business clothes by George at Walmart are my favorite selection, especially if they are cuffed. I find that cuffed pants are more appropriate & appealing in appearance. They are never out of fashion, in my humble opinion.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I ordered a $100 gift card off Walmart.com two weeks ago along with a few other products. Received all the products as described, but the gift card was lost at Fedex. I've called Walmart more than 5 times to be put on hold, disconnected and told I would receive a call back within a few hours as the .com gift card department were experiencing technical difficulties. Needless to say I never received the call back. I don't have a gift card and have to wait 30 days to dispute this with my bank. Their customer service is terrible at best. I now have to go out and replace this Christmas gift (who has lots of extra money around the holidays), but it won't be to Walmart. I will no longer shop or do business with Walmart!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Just a warning, I did a lot of shopping during Black Friday, and Wal-Mart is trying to compete with Amazon offering 2–day shipping. It is a scam, they bait you into it, but have zero intention of shipping anything to you in two days. Not one item I ordered under this farce has arrived in two day let alone arrived at all. I don’t have a problem with an item shipping in a week if known, but they pretend they can play with the big dogs, but should stay on thief porch. Be honest so my grandkids aren’t disappointed with not getting their gifts on time. Worse Grandma ever here now. I feel like a schmuck, because Wal-Mart Lied to get my money.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

On Monday 11/30 I purchased a Braun Series 9 shaver on sale for Cyber Monday from Walmart over several competitors that had a similar price. My guaranteed delivery date was today, Wednesday 12/4. When the package didn't come I checked the website to find my order had been canceled. I did not receive an e-mail that they had canceled my order either.

Talking to customer service I was informed "There is nothing they can do and the item is no longer in stock. Please wait for it to be in stock and buy it for regular price." If I had been informed my item was canceled, or had the item correctly shown out of stock when I ordered it, I could have purchased from a site like Amazon which actually delivers the item you buy to you. Instead, it's Wednesday and I still don't have a razor (my other broke on Sunday) and no longer is it on sale elsewhere. They also had the nerve to tell me to wait and buy it for full price from them. I will do my best to not purchase anything from Walmart again. No customer deserves to be treated like that. What's worse? I was told "This has been a common issue today." Sorry to all the other people that went through this as well.

Wal-Mart Company Information