2.31/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

6598 Wal-Mart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 10, 2019

I normally buy and like the Walmart brand of Great Value Sweet Tea. But here of late had has been tasting very stale, it actually been having May 5th of this year for expiration dates as also May 12th on the dates. My daughter even said it tasted funny to her. Like I said I normally buy the Great Value sweet tea throughout the year about two or three gallons a week but for some reason the last two weeks they have been tasting very badly. Today's date is March 9th 2019.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Hello, The evening of March 8, 2019 I went to Walmart at 1360 Center Drive in Medford, Oregon 97501, to do some shopping. I lost my car keys. I went around looking for them, asking lost and found etc. A male ** security guard was very rude during this process. I ignored it of course. I called AAA and they opened my car and I found the lost keys where I had dropped them, on the floor. I went and did my shopping. For those that don't know, this particular Walmart is like a police state in the evening where security guards stop people of all ages, races and genders, including whole families, and they search them while checking their receipts.

As I approached the door they did this to me, the same ** kid but now he was with an older ** male. The ** kid who had been so rude before seemed quiet as the old man pet my dog, I am disabled and allowed a dog, he mentioned how easy it would be to kill my dog. He did this right out of the blue. These are the people Walmart has harassing customers as they shop. My other dog was murdered in Ashland, Oregon last summer, I now wonder if it wasn't some sick demented rent-a-cop that did it.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 8, 2019

Found a laptop for a fair price on Walmart’s website, places an order for it on a Monday (along with Microsoft office and a protection plan). The website indicated that I would be able to pick it up on Wednesday. Wednesday morning I receive an email stating that my order has been cancelled with zero explanation as to why. So I reached out to customer service and was told that it was due to my card not passing their security parameters, and that this was decided from an interaction with my bank. Called my bank and verified that there was absolutely no record of my bank flagging the purchase as fraudulent or for insufficient funds, or over my daily spending limit.

My bank also had zero record of any communication with Walmart.com other than my statement which should Walmart taking the money, and then crediting it back to my account. So the customer service representative at my bank had me make the purchase again, while on the phone with them to again verify that nothing was wrong on my end. Transaction went through without any concerns raised by the bank. So, I wait and continue to check the status of my new order, which says I can pick it up on Saturday, and for two days it continues to say “processing”. It is now Friday, and I received a call this morning from Walmart.com’s financial department asking me to verify that I made the purchase, which I did. Woman on the phone said I was all set and She marked the purchase as authorized.

Now, I have received an email that says my purchase is “delayed” but gives zero indication of when I will be able to pick it up. Checked my account on Walmart.com and it still says “processing” and that I can pick up Saturday. The hassle it has taken to buy from them will discourage me from ever buying from their website again.

To add to this, I also received a gift this past Christmas that had been purchased through Walmart.com, an Instant Pot. The purchaser did not open the box, simply wrapped it and gifted it to me. When I went to open the box, I found that the Instant Pot box inside was warped, I later learned that this was because the item had been used and put back into the box incorrectly. When I removed it from the instant pot box there were food remnants still on it. Needless to say, continued disappointing experiences with Walmart.com will likely leave me not utilizing this service.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I will never buy any electronics from Walmart that I would normally purchase an on a warranty. The laptop I've been trying to get a shipping label to send is the laptop I purchased for 3 months now. They keep saying they emailed it but even after checking spam/trash folders for weeks it never comes. I had them mail it and it never came in the mail. I have called countless time, sent a dozen emails, gave them 2 email addresses and still don't have a shipping label. They say it comes from Asurion which I received emails from them before for a claim on my cell phone so why wouldn't I receive it now. Keep in mind my warranty ends in March and I've been going through this since Dec. Customer Service responses are scripted and not helpful at all. You get what you pay for, lesson learned I rather pay a few more dollars at another store to avoid.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I wanted to buy a small trampoline for my granddaughter's birthday and chose to buy it from Walmart because they said they could have it delivered by a certain date. When they started processing the order, they said it would be delivered by 3/8. However, they stated the shipping date was 3/7. I called to question this two times in the week before 3/8 to make sure the order was not delayed, including on 3/7. Customer Care told me not to worry, their records showed it was still being delivered by 2 pm on 3/8. On the night of 3/7, the delivery date was changed to 3/13. They knew it would not be on time and mislead me. Now I have no gift for my 5 yr old granddaughter. Thanks, Walmart! I will shop at Amazon from now on.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: March 7, 2019

Ordered an item online and when I went to return it to my local Walmart they said they could not process the return because the item came from a third party. They said that I would have to deal with the third party directly. I PURCHASED FROM WALMART, WHY CANNOT I RETURN TO THEM?? The explanation was that they are like Amazon and sell through other merchants, Who knew? I was not aware that Walmart thought they were Amazon. Conclusion, DO NOT PURCHASE ONLINE FROM WALMART!! They are not upfront about their return policy.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I have never bought anything before at Walmart and after searching online for a filing cabinet, Walmart had what I was looking for so I took a chance. I had to take a taxi to pick up this 70 lbs item with no help and drag it into my house. Two days to put this item together only to find out I was missing a screw in the side panel of "L". It is hard to explain, but the side panel has the sliding mechanism and comes in the box as one complete panel with the items already attached. A screw was missing from there.

After numerous attempts to deal with Walmart and their customer service department and them promising continually to call me back and never once in the six times I called Walmart did they return the promised phone calls. Finally, I got an answer. Just send it back. So for the person without a car and having to hall a 70 lbs item have to disassemble this item to then pay for another taxi to take it back to the pick up to have the item returned. Walmart I hate to tell you this, but that is not, NOT customer service. Why could they not just have shipped the screw to me is beyond me. I will never again order anything from Walmart. It is just too much aggravation when things go wrong.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Wal-Mart online purchase is ridiculous taking poor people money. I order 3 items. 2 rubber wood multiple size bed with storage with book case attached. Also I ordered a morris mission style sleep sitter sofa. The total of 1,920.19 asked for a refund because they gave me two different dates. One was on february 27, 2019 and the other was on march 4, 2019. Last one was march 6, 2019 and fedex assured me they had never gotten anything from Wal-Mart. No barcodes was found for all three items. Now my refund is 1,423. Not at all my total refund of 1,920.19. THEY SAID THEY TAKING OUT FEES FOR SHIPPING AND SERVICES. SOMETHING I NEVER GOT AND ALL THEIR FAULT. They are ripping poor people off. They are wrong as two left feet shoes really.

Original review: March 3, 2019

This is the Walmart on Ingram in Fresno CA. For the second time I arrived to find no carts. Had to get my own and it didn't work like most of them don't. Then there's no frozen vegetables. Many of the shelves are empty or partially empty. This started happening when they started their pick up program. I was told there weren't enough people to keep the shelves stocked. Well, this is a management problem. Don't blame the low paid hard working floor people The Waltons need to quit padding their pockets and realize that customers are where that money comes from. I'll be looking for alternatives. I'll pay a little more to get what I want and feel like I count to the management. PS a retired will be going to the manager of this story since he won't answer his phone.

Original review: March 3, 2019

The uncomfortable situation of racism occurred March 2, 2019 at 9pm at the Walmart store located at 8500 Golf Road in Niles IL. The customer service representative and the management were racist toward my child. Then after I made a complaint instead of apologizing and just fixing the situation the management ** and ** continued to justify the racism. ** even went as far as to tell me how I was feeling was wrong. The staff and management at the Golf Road location needs to be retrained.

The entire situation made me extremely uncomfortable and ** and ** continuously tried to justify racism. The first excuse was that they ask everyone for an ID for a money order. The second excuse was that all money orders over 1000 needs an ID (but my money order was 170.62). The third justification was that I did not understand what was occurring. And finally the final excuse was anyone under 18 has to show ID. Then after I said my child is under 18, they stuck with that excuse. Next, I said I understand that but that needs to be explained to customers, the management tried to dismiss my concern. Also, they followed us out of the store.

I feel like ** people aren't welcomed at that particular Walmart and that is not ok. I also requested to leave my name and number for the district manager to call me on Monday and ** said no. I have been dealing with issues at this store for 4 years. A large corporation like Walmart should not have so much racism and no plan to rectify the situation. I feel like as long as companies and systems train ** people to be racist, they feel as if they can ignore concerns and continue inappropriate practices. I guess by sending ** (a ** manager) over to tell me that they were not being racist made their behavior ok. PLEASE NOTE GOING FORWARD: that makes the situation worse. Just as I stated in the store, they would not have asked any ** person in America for an ID for a money order!

Wal-Mart Company Information