2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.64/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Wal-Mart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I placed my pick up order and it was missing 9 items even though I allowed substitutions. I couldn't get milk, tomato sauce, onions, shredded cheese, bacon, stewed tomatoes, water, lansoprazole, and of course toilet paper. So I tried the other Walmart in town and got a few of the items, but still no toilet paper. I tried to order toilet paper online, but Walmart won't let me. They insist that I can get it from the stores. I am high risk and I have no intention of running in and out of stores looking for stuff that won't be there. I did that enough in the spring. Walmart will never compete with Amazon if they don't allow people to order what they need. I just wanted a 9 pack.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Online system crashed and product they represented as being available was not. Horrible service and system allowing bots and third parties to stock up. Shouldn’t advertise products that are not available and against PA law to not have enough for what could be reasonably expected. Take our credit cards and then site crashes. Probably another data breach.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Purchased Two Philips Sonicare Series E Replacement Toothbrush Heads Online at Walmart.com. Had to return them and store wouldn't take them as they "were sold by someone else under the Walmart name" and had a hassle and EXPENSE to return them by mail. Do not buy online from Walmart.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

In the middle of a pandemic Walmart Meridian MS reorganized the entire store, now you spend 2 to 3 times as long in the store, what were they thinking, hope this is not happening at all Walmart stores.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

So I ordered a tv and got a confirmation email and a delivery date of 11/18. Then on 11/14 I got an email saying it would be delivered early on that same day!. Well, late in the day I got another email saying Walmart has cancelled the order and issued a refund. With no explanation why. Good job Walmart. This is why I tell people to buy at Amazon...

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

Walmart will never catch Amazon. They completely lack the ability to satisfy customers based on service. I ordered something online and paid for it. Then they cancel it without telling me. Now I've missed other deals for the same item because Walmart has played a bait and switch on me. Guess what, it didn't work because I didn't buy anything else and won't be back to Walmart.com in the future.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

I made an order with Walmart.com and purchased a $50 gift card. The card was shipped FedEx. FedEx never delivered package and states clearly on their website through tracking that it is delayed/lost. I contacted Walmart customer service 3 times, once through chat, and twice by phone. I spoke with an agent and supervisor which both requested that I contact FedEx myself. This is my first issue and problem. As stated to customer service, I the customer who made a purchase with their company should not have to try to locate my on item. They contacted FedEx with no luck other than an automated system. I was then told to wait 24 hours and I would receive a refund or a replacement would be shipped.

Later in the conversation I was told to wait 3 days and to contact customer service once again and at that time I would receive a refund or a replacement be shipped. After further questioning of the contradictory statements I was told by the supervisor “Marco” that no matter how long the order was delayed or lost that I would not receive a refund or replacement, and that if I wanted anything I would have to contact my bank to dispute the charges. However this is completely unacceptable as I have never received the gift card from the carrier that they chose to ship my item to me. After further conversation and myself getting very angry, I was called a racial slur, which I will not repeat at this time. I hung up the phone with no resolution.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

On Dec 6. 2020 I ordered a Intex 22" Queen Comfort Plush High Rise Durabeam Airbed Mattress with Built-In Pump scheduled to be delivered seven days later. On the sixth day, I received an email from them stating that the item was out of stock. I went on the Internet and I noticed they had the same exact item at REGULAR price with 10 left. I then contacted the customer support department and I complain to them, "How in the world are you telling me that the item is out of stock when you're selling the item with 10 left online?" Of course they didn't know how to answer that question and they put me on hold forever. Walmart is known for doing stuff like this especially during the holiday where they will have an item online especially black Friday and you'll put the item in your cart to do a checkout and it says out of stock just to get people on their website.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

This is update version to my last review. I purchased a Roku tv from Walmart. When I got it home and tried to set the tv up on the screen it said sign into your Roku account or create one. Not having one I put my name and number in. A minute later my phone rang. when I answered it there was a woman one the phone said she was from Roku. She said I needed to purchase a 99 dollar Roku subscription in order for the tv to work. She said without the subscription the tv is nothing more than a big empty box. I told her I was not paying her 99 dollars and I will take the empty box back to Walmart and tell them what she said.

The next day I called the people who made the roku tv and they said there is no fee for a roku account to activate the tv. I thought I would try connecting the tv one more time. This time I got on my computer and created a roku account then I signed on to the tv with my new account info and I didn’t get no calls. The tv works great and I never had to pay Roku a dime. I think there is a scam going on with roku. If you run into this problem and I know a lot of people have don’t sign into the tv a new customer. First go online and create a free roku account then sign in on the tv as you already have an account. This worked for me.

I am so glad I gave it another try because once I got it working I really like it. So, if anybody who has bought a roku tv and tried to activate roku through the tv and then got somebody calling them saying they have to pay in order to activate the tv hang up it’s not true. Create your Roku account online first then set your new tv up with your new existing account...Hope this helps somebody that had the problem I had.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I tried to purchase a TCL 55" Roku Smart TV that went on sale at Walmart on 11/11/20 at 7:00pm. Although I attempted to make the purchase right when the sale started, I received an out of stock message. Looking through deal sites later that night I found out that for most people, the “deal” was gone in 60 seconds or less. I also found out, too late, that Walmart then “magically” found more stock of this TV at 7:30, 8:00, and 8:30 that evening. At 10:04 the next morning their website indicated that there were 94 available, but when I tried to add one to my cart I was told that it was out of stock. When I went back to the main page, it still said that there were 94 available. At 3:29 that afternoon the main page indicated that 83 were available, but the same thing happened.

At 9:30 that night I was actually able to add it to my cart, but when I tried to check out, surprisingly it was out of stock. Immediately afterwards I was able to add it to my cart again, with the same result...rinse and repeat. At 10:31pm the website showed that the TV was available for pickup locally, but the “add to cart” was gone.

Even though this TV is clearly unavailable, Walmart has the nerve to continue to prominently feature it on their “Black Friday Deals for Days” page (“Deals for Seconds” would be more accurate). This experience has really soured my opinion of Walmart. They obviously only obtained a token stock of this TV that they featured so prominently, and then distributed their miniscule stock in a staggered way that was very unfair to those who attempted to purchase the item when it was scheduled to go on sale. To then rub salt in the wound, their website has repeatedly indicated that the TV was available when it wasn’t. This is in stark contrast to the very positive Black Friday experiences I’ve had at Best Buy and Home Depot.

Walmart offering deals that they have no intention of honoring is an awful way to treat their customers. I greatly resent Walmart’s sales practices, their poorly managed website, and the time I’ve wasted pursuing this rigged “deal”. From the many concerns I’ve seen expressed here and at other sites, my experience is not an isolated incident. I suggest that in the future, we direct our time and money elsewhere.

Wal-Mart Company Information