1.79/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

6234 Wal-Mart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

There should be negative stars to be able to truly put the reviews as they actually are. I don't believe Walmart deserves one star - not even the tip of a star. I have called Walmart 3 times today and placed on hold for 2 hours trying to find out why my money was never returned to my debit card after an online purchase was returned in the store. I was given three different timelines of how long it would actually take to receive my money back to my debit card. That timeline was anywhere between 72 hours to 10 days.

Why does it take me that long to get my money put back on my card when Walmart has its product in hand? There is no information in the terms and agreement online or in the store regarding the timeframe to return money to the original method of payment. I believe the reason for that is so Walmart can draw interest off of the finds for as long as possible. My New Year's resolution will be to never purchased from Walmart or any affiliated store of Walmart again.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I wish I could give them a NEGATIVE 5. Absolutely terrible service!! I ordered two items at the exact same time and when I received my package, only ONE item was sent! So I called the customer service representative and explained what happened and all she did was say “sorry for the inconvenience, there’s been a delay” and she said that it would be another TEN DAYS until I receive my other item. This is absolutely ridiculous, and I didn’t receive any kind of discount or anything for this. If I order them TOGETHER, I should receive them together!! I’m very disappointed with this service and I will NEVER order from Walmart ever again.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I placed an order from Walmart.com. The order was for two memory foam pillows, a platform bed frame and a mattress. The website stated that the order would arrive in two days from the date I placed the order and one piece of pillow did arrive and when I called Walmart to find out what was going on I was assured I read it wrong and the balance of the order would arrive the 26th - the day after Christmas. When it didn’t I called again and I was told it was to arrive that Saturday - the 29th. Well the order was for my father who was very ill and sleeping on a La-Z-Boy chair because we were waiting for a bed that never arrived or was even shipped for that matter. Unfortunately my father passed away in that La-Z-Boy and never got to sleep one night in his new bed which still has not been received.

Today is January 4 2019 - still no mattress. I have called three times and twice have asked to speak to a manager and on one occasion was told that the manager had already contacted me but I received no such call. And the other occasion they said they would have the manager call in 24 hours. It’s been 48 hours and no call. On one occasion they canceled the first order - the one that never shipped and made a new order... Still no mattress. My father died and no manager has called either??? What does someone have to do to get quality services from Walmart. I spend about 400-800 a month at Walmart but it doesn’t matter to them. I’m going to spend a higher price and move all of my business to Target as Walmart does not take care of ANYONE.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

A co-worker and I purchased bicycles on Walmart.com for a department build-a-bike event. We logged on to the pre-black Friday event on the Wednesday evening before Thanksgiving. We opened up Walmart accounts to facilitate check-out. Both of our Walmart accounts were hacked and our credit cards used for fraudulent online orders. After notifying our credit card companies, we called Walmart to close our accounts. Walmart could have cared less about the security breach on their site. I wonder how many other people have been affected? Are they hiding something? I will never shop at Walmart again.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Purchased this item, which is a WalMart trademarked product, distributed by Walmart in Aug 2018 for $149. Failed after 60 days while in warranty. When I contacted store, they advised it was mine when it went through the register and was rung up. Was able to determine manufacturer thru Walmart Corp. Manufacturer is Curtis International a Canadian corporation which in addition to BlackWeb, makes/imports products under RCA, Sylvania, Proscan, etc. When contacted, they advised yes it is under warranty and had me destroy and document as part of resolution under warranty.

Now they have stalled for 60 days claiming an "internal department" is working to resolve. I would caution anyone to beware of Walmart's policy/support for any electronics purchased from Walmart. While I may someday recover my investment, I will never say the value received from Walmart has been worth the hassle of trying to address their and/or their supplier's warranty guarantee.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I gave this a 1 star since I still do not have the product and there is no way to leave a NEGATIVE 100 STAR REVIEW!!! We ordered a swing set as a Christmas gift on 12/6/18. We were told it would arrive on 12/14. Contact Walmart on 12/14 and was told it would arrive on 12/17. Shipment is 4 boxes. 12/17 3 of the 4 boxes arrived... missing box 2. Contact Walmart on 12/17 and was told they would ship out the missing box for delivery on 12/27. I told them this was unacceptable... It is a Christmas gift. I was then told it would arrive on 12/19. 12/19 no delivery, 12/20 we were left a notice at the house that the box would need to be signed for. I took the day off work to be able to accept the delivery.

Once again on 12/21 the incorrect box was delivered. I now have box 2 of box 1, 2 box 3, 2 box 4 and no box 2. I once again contacted Walmart and they said there is no way it can be delivered prior to Christmas. Try telling a 4 year old Christmas morning that their main gift is not here!!! On 12/27 no box. 12/28 through 1/3/2019 no shipment or correspondence from Walmart... 1/3 contacted Walmart AGAIN. After requesting a supervisor from the first person (who didn't speak English very well and had a very heavy accent) I get another person that tells me after being on hold for 32 minutes that all they can do is put me in contact with the delivery company. I once again requested a supervisor... I have not been able to speak to a superior or the freight company. Walmart of course has my $700 and I still do not have answers or the swing set.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I purchased 2 e-gift cards Dec 5, several days passed and I still had not received gift card information. I was told they had to confirm credit card information due to security purposes, but everything was verified and so gift card information should be emailed... Still no gift card, I told them to cancel and refund money. Today is Jan 2, cancellation request made around Dec 10, told 7 to 10 bus days to receive refund and still no refund. Called Dec 26 and they escalated situation and again told should be resolved within 72 hrs, still no refund. This is the last time that I will ever order from walmart.com, so disappointing because they have good deals on certain items, but their customer service, and the way they handle inconveniences like this one has me reluctant to ever do business with them.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I recently bought a iPhone XS during Thanksgiving and got $300 gift card with it. I went to store to buy something a month later and found that someone else used the $300 already. I haven't used the card before and was shocked to see this. Customer care asked me to go to the store and store representative asked me to call customer care. Once I told customer care this, they asked me to dispute the transaction. I've only paid $76 in iPhone taxes and can't dispute $300. They really messed it up and seems like there is no way around it. Really disappointed with Walmart which has no clue.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I purchased an item online. I received an email telling my item was ready for pick up. I arrived to pick up the item 2 days after the email. Upon arrival I was told the item was canceled due to it waiting for me too long. I asked how long had it been at the store. She said for almost 9 days. I asked why did I not receive an email sooner if it had been there that long. Someone did not check it in as soon as it arrived. Since it was canceled they told me I would have to repay for the item because the funds form the original purchase would be going back to my account. So 3 weeks went by and the funds were not returned. I called and was told the only way for them to refund me is to send it back to the method of payment I used. I told them that was not possible due to the fact the card was canceled by my bank just 2 days before due to a possible compromise. I still have not received a refund.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I ordered a trampoline for my daughter for Christmas, was promised delivery on the 24th. Shipped in 2 shipments - one arrived on time via UPS, one had labels made by Walmart never had it picked up. Result: 1/2 a trampoline and a ruined Christmas. Called supervisors, promised delivery by the 28th. Never happened, they sent it ground. Christmas week ruined. Did finally receive the package on December 31st. In retrospect, it was not worth trying to save some money with Walmart knowing that they could ruin Christmas. Never again!

Wal-Mart Company Information