2. Shopping

Wal-Mart

3.2/5 (655 ratings)

About Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: May 9, 2021

Usually speedy pickup and friendly service at grocery pickup area. I do not normally shop in the retail area due to parking/walking issues.

Original review: May 9, 2021

I view Walmart as the store that EVERYONE loves to hate, however every walmart that I have shopped at are crowded with shoppers, finding what they need at much lower prices than most other stores. The employees are friendly most of the time.

Original review: May 8, 2021

After 2 missed delivery dates my 5 pc, $960 outdoor patio set finally arrived on a non-scheduled day DAMAGED! I didn’t even sign for it and they just left it. No signature that is supposedly required, hence why I took off two days to be there for the delivery. The box noticeably had been opened and returned before. The metal frame is twisted and when put together the back end is two inches from touching the ground and the wicker is unraveling around the front of the frame. Very noticeable. When I try to call Walmart to get this resolved they just keep giving me the run around and tell me that someone from corporate will get ahold of me. Four days later no one has yet to contact me back. I have emailed, called, and done their live chat, which is a joke, and still no resolution.

Pilot their outsourced delivery service and Walmart distribution do not communicate with each other at all and each one bad mouths each other instead of just problem solving. This set was once again scheduled for pickup yesterday and is still here. Once again no call, no email, no follow-up. I will never shop at Walmart again. They only care about making $ and don’t care about the customer at all. I have missed 3 days of work so far from all the missed delivery/pickup days just because Walmart can’t figure out their logistics and would rather waste economic resources instead of making things right with their customers. Not only is this horrible customer service but it’s also not environmental friendly with them shipping out damaged products and having to pick them back up. Where’s the logic in that? Very disappointed in this corporation!

This is my very last purchase with Walmart. I’ll pay a few bucks more to more sophisticated companies who treat their customers right and have their logistics and customer service in order. It’s a shame Walmart can’t figure this out after so many years in businesses. They obviously need to start by hiring people who actually know what they are doing. Quit outsourcing all your work to companies who don’t care about your company. Customer service is rude, the lady lied to me on the phone saying she was a manager but when I got the review via email it showed she was just a customer service rep. I’m really not surprised that Walmart hires such dishonest people. Especially after this experience. Buyer beware if you get this item or any item damaged they will not help you out! It’s all on you! I would not order from them, go someone else and pay a few bucks to a company who actual cares about their customers!

Original review: May 8, 2021

It's a sad fact but Wal-Mart usually has just about everything you could use in one store. Each store is stocked for its area, what sells most in that particular area so you can drive to another town and probably find different styles or more in stock. While the prices are low I think the company has made entirely too much money to be paying its employees so poorly and doing away with positions.

Original review: May 8, 2021

Always very clean, products that I need, great prices. Almost always in stock, all workers are helpful, and friendly. Large store, has just about all I need. Bets out Safeway, Target, Lucky's, and most all stores, with the exception of Costco.

Original review: May 8, 2021

Walmart try to make their prices very competitive. I appreciate that I can buy almost all home products in a single Walmart store. I have lived in different cities and Walmart is located close to where I live thereby making it convenient enough for me to access the store. I like the new self-checkout options introduced in the store, it has reduced the queue of customers waiting to checkout. Overall, Walmart is an ideal place to shop for me to buy almost every item for my house and car and I would recommend it to anyone looking to save cost on everyday items.

Original review: May 8, 2021

WalMart is a one-stop shop. I can order online and pickup in store while I grocery shop and/or have my car worked on and the prices are very reasonable. Their "no-questions-asked" return/refund policy makes it easy to shop questionable items. I love this store and spend most of my money there.

Original review: May 7, 2021

"Guards" at the doors are an insult to me, especially at Sam's where they won't let you out without their checking your receipt against your purchase. This makes me do most of my shopping anywhere else that I can.

Original review: May 7, 2021

Walmart has almost every conceivable product one needs for home and auto maintenance and liveability. Their pharmacy and grocery supplies our nutrition and medication requirements while the electronic department provides every device necessary for entertainment and business desires.

Original review: May 7, 2021

Walmart use to be if Walmart doesn’t have it you don’t need it but oftentimes now they are not stocking name brand items and aisle managers aren’t ordering product for the shelves that they use to stock or they are oftentimes out of stock. This is applies to the one we shop at 99% of the time.

Original review: May 7, 2021

Great prices and layout of store. Love the women's clothing choices. Only negative is they don't have enough employees to help if you need help and when I finally was able to find someone they had no idea where to find the item and had to go ask someone.

Original review: May 6, 2021

I always order my groceries online at Walmart. Then I go pick them up and they bring my groceries out and load them into my trunk. I love this feature, because I can not only buy groceries I can buy anything in Walmart along with my groceries.

Original review: May 6, 2021

I have really enjoyed the grocery pickup. My shopper has always been so respectful at pickup. They are careful while loading my groceries to not smoosh items and even transferred my cold items when they noticed ours bags in the vehicle.

Original review: May 6, 2021

Customer service could be streamlined if more employees would be called when a half dozen or more people are in line for check out and in line for customer service. I had to wait longer in line to check out than what it took for me to basket $62 worth of groceries.

Original review: May 5, 2021

I arrived to pick up an online order. I had a couple of questions about missing items, etc. The person delivering my order could not answer my questions and was using a phone that crackled and did not work properly. This person put me through to the manager. The phone rang many times... No one answered. I called corporate office. No one answered. I left a message. No one called back. Three weeks later no one has called back. I was treated rudely. Customer service is nonexistent even at the corporate level. I still don't have answers to my questions. I am never shopping at Walmart again.

Original review: May 5, 2021

Prices are good. Great selection in most departments. Many locations. Only weak spots are lack of open cash registers, garden dept needs someone to water plants and employees who say they don't speak English.

Original review: May 5, 2021

Walmart is an okay place to shop if you're looking for cheap stuff. Cleaning supplies or personal care items are great to buy there. If you are looking for furniture or electronics they are made of particle boards and plastic. If you are looking for anything of quality, go somewhere else.

Original review: May 5, 2021

Because of pricing, selection and their online presence I have to admit Walmart gets my vote. I would give them 5 stars but they are non union and treat their employees abysmally. But why pay so much more for the same goods that another store has marked up to cover their fancy building and classy image?

Original review: May 5, 2021

During this time of Pandemic we have been restricted in traveling around so we go online and order the things we need from Walmart, food, medications, pretty much anything. Walmart collects all our items and brings them out to our car and loads them, no contact and absolutely courteous service!

Original review: May 4, 2021

I usually go to Walmart In Bainbridge Georgia. The store is well maintained and employees are very friendly and unlike the stores in Tallahassee Florida. This Walmart is the best store in my area. They have everything I need including the grocery section. I make this Walmart my favorite store.

Original review: May 4, 2021

WalMart is a great store to shop online and in person. They always make sure you are totally satisfied with your purchase. They also make sure you are satisfied with the product that you have purchased.

Original review: May 4, 2021

The employees are, for the most part, very nice. Unfortunately the store has a lot of empty shelves on occasion - don’t know if this is just because of the pandemic or not. Also their selection of Asian foods/ingredients is limited. It would be nice if there was a “wish list” to let someone know what we want. Some of these problems may be caused by the fact that we are in a rural area and the store caters to what they think is the usual demographic - even though that is changing. Because we only have one other store in the area, getting a lot of food supplies is very limited, especially ethnic items.

Original review: May 4, 2021

Love the store has everything. Just wish the aisles were wider and cleaner! Automatic feeders at checkouts are what’s missing at Walmart!!! It’s would make it nice for the checkers too. They hate asking "move it forward please!!"

Original review: May 4, 2021

What can I say about Walmart that hasn't already been stated. It's level of service has dipped so lowly over the years that it's imperative for me to go elsewhere. And while that may not change their goal to improve service, it has become apparent they do not care about their customers much any longer. With having Managers who don't any couth or standard about themselves, along with a lackluster approach to consumer input and experiences shows in their leadership and lack thereof.

Original review: May 3, 2021

I ordered an item from Walmart.com. I tracked the package that was supposedly delivered to my residence by Fed Ex. I did not receive the package as stated in the tracking statement. I contacted customer service online questioning the delivery and email their response to me, no response. Contacted them again this time to respond by telephone, I was told that the item would be replaced. It wasn’t. I contacted them again, I received an email stating that the package was delivered and signed for and since Fed Ex delivered it to the wrong address my complaint would be with them but there would be no refund or replacement. After spending thousands of $ over the years with them, I think it’s time to try Amazon.

Original review: April 30, 2021

The worst customer service. Have been trying to do a pay in store order for almost a month. After multiple attempts the managers at the store contacted their help center and were told that the systems were not working together correctly. I was given the choice to either keep trying or to pay for the items online and bring them back into the store so they could do a resale of the items in order to change how the items were paid for. After doing this I am being told that they can not do that due to the part numbers not being in the computer to do this and that I would need to contact customer service. I have been given a phone number by email from the online customer service saying that is to a special store team and they would be able to help me.

I have spoken to 8 different people. 4 of them stated all they could do was a return and that I would have to take them back to the store and then hung up. One of them gave me a number saying that I could go through this department, but the number that was given to me was to a different insurance company. Then I tried calling again and was bounced to different people and departments after I asked to speak with a supervisor due to being told different things by every one and not getting any help with the problem. After being bounce around to different departments and still not speaking to a supervisor they had put me on hold and after a few minutes was hung up on again. As it stands after this I may never buy from Walmart again.

Original review: April 27, 2021

My wife ordered a lat pulldown machine for my birthday. They completely sent the wrong parts. I have tried to get help 4 times to no avail. Yesterday I called the Broomfield Store and no one answered. Is this a crooked organization that sends me a bad order and keeps my money or is it one that is totally incompetent?

Original review: April 25, 2021

April 11 2021, I ordered tires online from Wal-Mart.com for my 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 convertible: the recommended size is 205/55R16 (look it up, don't take my word for it). On April 19 I went to the Wal-Mart store in Lawrence IN, 10735 Pendleton Pike, Indianapolis, IN 46236 to pick up my tires and have them installed.

The Lawrence auto center technicians claimed they couldn't get the wheel off (isn't that their JOB? Smells like maybe an extra $20 or so under the table would get them right off?). Then they claimed the tires I bought were the "wrong size" (to be candid, the tires on the car, 195/65R16, are not the recommended size; but perhaps for another $20+ under the table they could install the "wrong size" tires?). In fact, the tires I ordered are exactly the right size.

They refused to install my tires. Work order to install tires: **. Online order **. Just to satisfy my curiosity, I used my lug wrench to manually loosen, then tighten all four wheels. The lugs were NOT excessively tight. The whole crooked crew should be fired. Perhaps the manager in charge of the auto care center should be fired as well, for allowing this kind of abuse to happen. One star is too many. They deserve zero.

Original review: April 22, 2021

Order a pool from Walmart because I thought is was a good deal. It took two weeks to get a tracking number for the product. Then I conversed with the shipping company for next three weeks. I got a updated delivery dates that I had to stay at home to wait for the product but never received anything. The last delivery date I called Walmart and they said the product had been returned to them damaged so the shipping company was lying about the delivery and wasting my time and money. I asked for a replacement from Walmart and was told they could not provide one but suggested one that was over twice the price. What a scam. Customer service was not willing to do anything or be helpful in any way and getting an attitude.

Original review: April 21, 2021

Multinational billion dollar company doesn’t understand inventory control! Or is it they think they’re too big to fail so they really don’t care about customer service? Their customer service reps certainly don’t care about service! 3rd time I purchased a large item while listed as in stock only for the order to be canceled due to not in stock. I contacted so called customer service 3 times within the 15 day preparing your order time frame only to be guaranteed that the order will ship for it to be ultimately canceled. I have screenshots of our conversations. So no, they didn’t check with the warehouse like they said they did. They just flat out lied. I’m already boycotting Amazon for similar customer service issues, time to add Walmart to the list. I hope others finally see the light and put this monstrosity out of business!

Wal-Mart Company Information