3.43/5
Based on 3,460 ratings submitted in the last year

7033 Wal-Mart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 5, 2019

I ordered two tires from Walmart online. Determining factor over Amazon was two days delivery. 5 days later, the tires showed up and were wrong (size, model, etc). Their solution was two get me replacements in a week. I asked for next day shipping since it was their mistake, which they indicated was not in their authority. I agreed to the replacement, but after called them back to cancel my order. I placed an order from Amazon, will get the tires a day quicker than Walmart, and will save what Walmart called a $5.00 Merchandise Fee. Please don't order online with Walmart. Use Amazon.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Walmart #406 Dothan AL. I bought a tire for my work through the online website for a "pick up today" item. 4 days later I sent my worker down to get the tire to be told by the first person that the order was canceled. My worker called me and had me on speaker phone. The cancellation number the Walmart was speaking of was a hand written repair order number on the paper I printed out. Once we told him what the number was he argued and eventually went to get his supervisor who was now saying the order was not a pickup today order but instead a ship to store order. At which point we argued and I told my worker to come back to the shop.

I called the online customer number and was told yes indeed it was a pickup today order. I called and spoke to the store co-manager who began to tell me no it wasn't and he would not release the item until I paid for it. I told him it was already paid for and Walmart took my money. His exact words were "that's your prerogative, you're not getting my tire."

After work I went down to the Walmart and we started the argument over the tire again at which time they called the online number in front of me and they told the store that it was a pickup today item but since the manager took it upon himself to cancel my order without asking me there was nothing the online people could do. So at this point I was out a tire and my money until it eventually go back into the account. Walmart should be ashamed for their disgusting customer service and lack of social skills. I order regularly for my work and personal but my work and my family have agreed to not shop at Walmart again.

Original review: April 4, 2019

My wife had purchased our daughter some bras at the Maysville Kentucky Walmart. They did not fit her so we took them back to the Eastgate Ohio store in Cincinnati. After 20 minutes the customer service person told me they were not in her system even though I had the receipt and the UPC code. The next person that came was a hourly manager and she again said they did not carry them so therefore I could not return them. I called the corporate office who in turn called a manager at the Eastgate location and I spoke to a woman named Shannon.

She said they did not carry the style at this location and therefore would not take the bras back. This whole experience took me over an hour and just a very bad taste in my mouth. I have spent hundreds of dollars every week at this location only to have this much trouble over $9.97 bras and I did have a receipt. I have decided not to give Walmart my business again and they do not care about customer service.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I purchased a 50" Samsung LED TV from Walmart.com on Nov 2016 together with a 4-yr extended warranty. TV lost picture and sound in Feb 2019 and was shipped to Asurion, Walmart's Customer Care team. The repaired TV was returned to me via UPS but unfortunately, it was damaged in transit. Asurion agreed that the TV could not be repaired and offered me a replacement --- but not a Samsung, a Polaroid or a Sceptre.

I complained that if I wanted a Polaroid or a Sceptre (each selling for a much lower price), I would have bought one. "Too bad" was the answer. I had 48 hours to make a decision. I chose Polaroid with a picture quality substantially inferior to Samsung's. I will never buy any electronic item from Walmart and it's extended warranty is a sham (scam?). To get to this point, I spoke to countless employees and supervisors at Walmart and Asurion.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I had my wallet stolen by a Walmart employee on March 10, 2019. The wallet was in the trunk of our car and was stolen when my wife went to pickup her online grocery order at our local Walmart. The Walmart employee loaded the groceries in the trunk and stole my wallet. The wallet contained $64 in cash, my driver's license, multiple debit cards, one credit card, and several miscellaneous cards. The credit card was used by the Walmart employee for 4 fraudulent charges before the end of the day. I completed a police report the next day after realizing the wallet was stolen and the local detective had identified the Walmart employee within days. The Walmart employee was apprehended and made a full confession to the theft.

I went in to the Walmart and asked to speak with someone about being reimbursed for $300 – which included the cash; the cost of the wallet; the cost of a new drivers’ license; the income I’ve lost while I spent time away from work caring for this mess; and the fuel costs to travel back and forth to the police and BMV. Walmart employees told me in person at the store that they could not reimburse me even though the theft was committed by a Walmart employee. I escalated the issue and called Walmart customer service, who then in turn said they would contact the Walmart store manager and Marketing Asset Protection employee. After over a week I finally received word from a manager that the decision was made that I could only be reimbursed for the amount of the original purchase that was made on the day the Walmart employee stole my wallet.

Walmart, I am not asking for thousands of dollars for the ridiculous move that your employee made. I just want to be reimbursed for the money I’ve had to pay to restore my property and the money I’ve lost during this process. The amount I’ve asked for is very reasonable and due to the fact that I’ve had to continue to spend time dealing with this it should be more. I could go a different route, but I’m simply asking for reimbursement. Make things right, Walmart!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: March 30, 2019

I visited the Wal-Mart store at 12 Mile and Gratiot in Roseville, Michigan in November of 2018 to purchase a gold chain and crucifix as a Christmas present for my son. At the time of purchase, I inquired whether the gold chain would be replaced/repaired if it broke. The cashier strongly recommended that I purchase a 2-year protection plan on the jewelry items. I took her advice and purchased a protection plan for the chain and the charm.

The chain broke about 4 months after purchase when my son was pulling off a t-shirt over his head and when I tried to get the chain repaired/replaced, the company, Square Deal, who handles the protection plan advised me that the broken chain would not be covered as the plan only pays for "electrical or mechanical" failure. I learned a valuable lesson that I hope everyone reading this won't have to experience first hand. I don't stand behind companies that don't stand behind their products or the protection plans that they encourage the consumer to purchase.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I bought 4 prepaid gift cards totaling $650 from Walmart.com, they arrived 7 days later as scheduled. When I opened the boxes to activate the cards, A label stated that I would have to activate them via email. (Walmart's initial email after the purchase said I didn’t need to activate these cards which takes 6 hours because I didn’t order over 25 cards but whatever.) I click the link via email to activate the cards, it took me to Walmart.com and said they’d be activated within 6 hours. 24 hours later, I try testing a card to see if they are, they’re not. I call Vanilla card company (the company of the card) they say it’s Wal-Mart's fault. (I google Vanilla gift card company’s reviews, and they have a 1 star rating out of 1000s of complaints specifically about not ever having their cards activated or money becomes missing.)

After the call I contact Walmart stores one by one, after 3 stores I am finally told (after 1 hour of calling around) that my gift card problem could only be taken care of online via email. First of all it’s baffling that I HAVE TO BE THE ONE looking around for help with my purchase. Or Walmart’s process should be more automated. I finally get in touch with Walmart corporate service the next business day and I am told to wait until a resolution with thrift gift card department is completed which will take 24-48 MORE HOURS.

I finally receive an email after 15 hours stating that Walmart will activate my cards within 48 hours. So now my purchase has been two weeks ago. The cards came in 1 week ago and I still haven’t had my darn cards activated when my son's birthday is in 1 DAY! Why weren’t my cards activated normally? Beats me, according to online reports Walmart has a lot of these problems AND ESPECIALLY WITH VANILLA CARDS. Now my credit card bill is building up interest on a charge which I am not going to pay for until my cards are activated. This is absolute nonsense. AMAZON IS GOING TO BE MY ROUTE FOR GIFT CARD PURCHASES FROM NOW ON.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Went to Walmart on the day that a new CD was released and it wasn't available on the New Release end cap. Two associates didn't know if or when they would get it in. It never used to be that way. New releases were always in stock on time. Actually, I'm getting more disgusted with the way Walmart DOESN'T keep their shelves stocked. I have waited for weeks or gone to other stores to get the product that I wanted. This store was great when they first opened in my area, but sure has gone downhill. Thinking about doing my shopping in another area.

Original review: March 28, 2019

They need to carry more brands on foods and they don't have a large selection on toys for the animals. The prices are reasonable. They are cheaper than pet stores for what they carry. A lot of times some of the shelves are empty on a certain product and most of the time you can't find anyone to ask if they have any in stock.

Original review: March 27, 2019

On 3/14/19, I used Walmart Pay app to make a purchase for $217.68, $1.11 from my Savings Catcher Wmp shopping card was automatically applied and the remaining balance of $216.57 was charged to my Credit card. On 3/24/19, I made a return for $23.20 & was told by the Manager/Cashier that the system only allows full refund on Gift card even though I had the receipt, items were unopened & it's within the 30 days. Asked for another Manager & got the same response, nothing I can do, system only allows this one option. I told them that this does not make sense, you can put $1.11 in Gift card & the rest back to my credit card... "NOPE... I can't do that." SO I gave another alternative, return the item without using the receipt & apply the refund to my credit card... "NOPE... We can't do that!"

As a manager of the store, she tells me that's why she doesn't use the Savings Catcher & I can deactivate mine as well. I told her the Savings Catcher is being discontinued either way but that is not the issue here. Asked for the next Manager, thankfully she understood my situation & she offered to put the refund on a Gift card, cashed the Gift card & gave me cash. It was definitely a better choice but not the best! So I present the next refund as it was on a different receipt... Same issue again! Purchase made on 3/23/19 for $188.60 using Walmart Pay, $2.60 in Savings Catcher Wmp Shopping Card, the rest $186.00 charged to my credit card. Tried to return an item for $7.86 and was told by the same exact Manager/Cashier, who has been waiting on me all this time, that I will get $8.33 in Gift card. In the meantime, I had a crying toddler & upset customers in line, so had no choice but to take the Gift card that he offered.

Several things went wrong here:

1. It is an unethical practice on Walmart's part to not refund the actual amount charged to a customer's credit card where original valid receipt is provided, item is not used or opened & it's within the return timelines. So wrong in many ways!

2. 2 of the Managers failed to understand what I was trying to do & to empathize with my situation. They made me look & feel like I was being a difficult customer & demanding things without a reason. They also did not provide any alternatives, "Ma'am, there is nothing I can do, this is what the system is telling us!"... like a robot!

3. The 3rd Manager did understand my situation & empathized but all 3 Managers failed to apologize for my inconvenience or time and made it look like I was at fault and they were going above and beyond... NOT!

4. The Mgr/Cashier was taking so long to process the 2nd refund when just a minute ago he did the exact same type of refund for me. He again acted like he didn't know what to do. Because of a crying child and other customers in line, I was forced to accept a Gift card... so not nice of them!

5. Your Managers shouldn't be telling that an app like Savings Catcher that the company promotes so much shouldn't be used & how to deactivate it... Their own employees have no faith in the new features they roll out!

6. I took my time to email the corporate and this is what they replied: "We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and want to assure you that we are committed to providing a quality shopping experience. Store management does have discretion on these issues and their decision is considered final. If you have any further questions regarding this issue, please visit with the management team at the Store. Thank you for contacting Walmart where we are always happy to help."

Do they acknowledge to any wrongdoing... NO! Do they state they will address my situation with the store... NO! Would I now go back to the store and address this with another manager... NO! Do I believe them when they say they are always happy to help... NO! Due to situations like these they lose loyal customers and who needs them when I have Amazon Prime and can get everything delivered to my doorsteps for FREE!

Wal-Mart Company Information