Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart

3.9/5 (2236 ratings)

About Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

My wife and I recently did a large grocery shopping at the Delafield Walmart. Now the store has recently been reset with new shelves which is nice. Sadly when we were there most of those shelves were empty. At the conclusion of our shopping we wanted to check out and discovered only one person at the check out and a ton of new self check out stations. Now I have used these stations in the past when I have a few items and they are fast and efficient; however if you have a cart full of groceries there is no place to go with the checked items. I was going to get a second cart, but then I remembered ALL of the carts were in the parking lot. That is in fact where we got ours to begin this adventure. So here I am scanning products, putting them in those ** thin bags and setting those bags on the floor. Are you kidding me!!!! Never again will I shop at Walmart. Clearly there was no staff or management to handle this store.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Went and bought a rotisserie pre made chicken around 3:45pm today 12-1-21 and when I tell you we got a flat out under cooked chicken I mean in words you can't imagine. This was the nastiest chicken I've had or seen. Dark blood spots. It didn't smell at all good. Blood, raw fat, meat and only well the outer shell of the chicken was done maybe slightly!!! I'm not at all happy and if there was any way possible for me to post pictures of this I would and will be all over the place. This is ridiculous how any kind of food could get thru your pre cooked ready to serve Delhi area! And when I take this chicken back I'll be getting my money and then I'll probably call a lawyer in advance.

Chicken can cause some very serious illness and honestly it was late. We was making a quick dinner .... Glad we'll honestly my sons who are little ate a few pieces and I took a bite of the leg that literally the top and only about a layer down was even done!!!! That's the worst part is looking at the top of this chicken. It looked at least cooked!??? Wow is all I got. The more I dug and looked the worse my stomach absolutely turned to the point none of us could eat. Having grown up in the country I've seen and eaten all meats but this was the worst I've seen served anywhere from an establishment and well it probably will be the worst I'll ever see.... So look forward to hearing from me.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

Walmart has clearly sold tens of thousands of consoles to scalpers and now they are helping those scalpers resell at double the cost on the walmart marketplace site. All this during a pandemic. This seriously hurts American families, specifically their kids. Sears is doing the same thing. This is so evil, I will never shop in a Walmart again.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

Went on Walmart website looking for a PS5. I know it was a long shot but thought I should give it a try. Walmart advertised they would have some available but you had to sign up for Walmart+ to be eligible. Signed up & paid & waited for the time they said it would be available. At the exact moment they said they would be available a window came on saying they were sold out and gave a timer counting down when you could add it to your cart which started at 21 minutes. My sister in another time zone was 4 minutes ahead of mine which is strange since we got the initial message at the same time. I can understand web speed etc not being exactly the same so that's fine.

The count down continued and when mine got to 1 minute it stayed for 5 minutes & then went up to 11 minutes and has counted down taking 9-10 minutes for 1 minute to come off the timer. This is just Walmart's way of scamming a bunch of people to sign up for their ** Walmart+ program when they know damn well they don't have any PS5 (in this case) or a very small number. Just another reason not to shop at Walmart or any other big chain stores! Stick with local companies who care about their community and have to look their customers in the face every day. Walmart should be ashamed of themselves!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

I called Walmart for over 45 minutes and have been continuously hung up on... All I wanted was clarification; on a warranty for a Television and Sound bar I purchased which was roughly $850... Funny enough that we can spend the money and we just ignored and mistreated. Now I do not care about resolution. They need to be taught customer service or simply just fire anyone from the Tech department. Ridiculous how you can't get through to speak to an advisor from your establishment.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Do not whatsoever use their services. Go to USPS or your local bank. They will charge you so much more even when it shouldn't be that difficult and hold your money for wks. All with excuses if you can actually get in touch with them. Forget in person agencies they are useless and just one more reason not to use. Walmart they are crooks and frauds. A money order should be able to be replaced at the agency you got but at since so many identity checks are in place with not additional fee just like USPS would do. I have the original money order tab and receipt. But no. 2 days many phone calls they want me to pay over a 100 and wait weeks to get a replacement. I'm reporting to the US Fraud and Business Department. Imagine Christmas. A sick child, down a car and than what little you saved to get it now being held by a company that wants to take a big part plus maybe you get it in 30 days. I can't even.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Was lied to in text chat and phone but managers in customer service about false ads to get you to their site and the ads are false. More than one. A lot to be honest. Customer service tried to get me to buy a diff item at full and pay higher price. As was told if I sent in the pic they would give me items at the ad price. Sent pics of ads and website and then was told, "Sorry they are 2-year-old ads" and they will not honor them and too bad.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I ordered 4 tires for my vehicle, order was to take 1 week to arrive on a Thursday, I get a text Thursday that tires have arrived. I call in the automotive dept and they are closed. I call again Friday, they are closed check back tomorrow, which is a Saturday. Guess what they are closed. I call back Monday- no answer and I talk to a different dept. they said they are actually open today however they are about to go to lunch, just swing in and talk to them in an hour. I arrive to find out they only have 3 tires that arrived. They track the tire and say it's lost 8 states away from me. They can't get one from another location. I have to fend for myself to call corporate to get it straightened out. I call corporate and they say, "Why are you calling us. Talk to your local Walmart. If they won't help call back another day."

Local walmart tries to help however once again told to talk to corporate...Are you not the same company???? Anyways talk to a few people in corporate and then they ask, "Why are you trying to get a refund for your tire." For the millionth time it's because I don't have it and it's now winter while driving my vehicle with the spare on it. This process has been almost been a month long ordeal. Not happy and haven't received any goodwill. I'll gladly pay a little extra for a local shop to complete the job next time. My mistake for giving this a try. SAVE YOURSELF the headache!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I have been a loyal customer for 7+ years & spend thousands of dollars on online orders BUT now Walmart has permanently banned my acct from ALL online orders. Walmart took it upon themselves to review my acct & make a final decision claiming that I have violated the return policy without even speaking to me, allowing me to defend/explain myself.

Yes, my account has had more returns in the last year but that is NOT my fault. I always speak/chat w/ Customer Care to report the exact issue & suggestions on how to prevent repeated issues but I'm guessing those aren’t documented. My “return” issues are always the same… I either received molded/spoiled/expired/damaged items OR have missing items. When I report missing items, I always reorder them.

For example, I recently received a bag of frozen fries that had a hole/tear in the bag & fries were coming out. Another time, I received molded fruit. Why would a walmart associate pick these items for a grocery delivery order?! If they were shopping for themselves, would they choose them items for purchase?? Another common issue is either: Fed-ex delivered my pkg to some other house than mine & I either never receive it or I have to go looking down my street at all of the porches OR certain items are just simply NOT in the bags when I have a grocery order.

I have already reported several times that Walmart needs to look at their 3rd party delivery drivers. All of these mistakes are NOT made by me but I'm ultimately the one that is now suffering. So, it should now be VERY clear as to why my returns have increased. Nevermind the fact that online orders are being handled by several people before the order actually gets to me. AND, most of my “returns” are missing/stolen items & should not count against me as a return because there is physically NO item that I can return. And I ALWAYS tell Customer Care that I dont want a refund… I just want a replacement sent. They respond the same everytime, saying they cant do that & will issue a refund back to my card so I can re-order myself.

I literally place a delivery order every 2-3 days & spend A LOT of money per month & Walmart didn’t even offer the courtesy of speaking with me before banning my account FOREVER. I was also told by a Customer Care Supervisor that there is NO ONE that can lift the ban or even review this UNFAIR decision! I also paid the monthly membership for Walmart+. The point of me/other customers paying this service every month is due to people not having a car, not wanting to go to the stores to prevent the spread of Covid-19 or just out of convenience.

Walmart needs to take a closer look at their own employees & 3rd party delivery drivers instead of banning loyal customers of almost 10 years. I will make sure to research/speak to someone regarding my rights in this UNFAIR situation. Also, I assure Walmart that I will let as many people know about how my account was discriminated & how I received ZERO help & communication.

I found out that my acct was permanently banned when I placed another grocery order & it was instantly cancelled & an email was sent stating:

"After a careful review of your account, we’ve noticed a series of returns violations, described in our Terms of Use. For this reason, we had to cancel your order **. Please know you weren't charged for this order. Any temporary holds will be removed within 10 business days, in accordance with your bank's policy. While future online orders from this account will also be canceled, you're always welcome to shop in store.
Sincerely,

Team Walmart"

I chatted in right away & was told the block is permanent & the decision has already been made final. Wow, way to go Walmart!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I ordered a game for my ps4. I was charged 87.58 and they took the money from my bank account on Oct 30th...Today Nov 15th 2021 I check my account because it says I have less money than I should have. I go to my bank. They tell me I have another pending charge from Walmart.com for $68. I hadn't ordered anything since Oct 16th when I placed my order. My bank tells me to contact walmart.com so I call them. They tell and admit they charged me 68 dollars for the same product that I ordered which means they charged me twice since they got paid by my bank on Oct 30th 2021. I told them it's fraudulent to charge me twice for the same item they refuse to make it right and give that money back and reverse the charge. This company is a fraud. They steal from customers and should be charged with theft.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I went shopping with my mother. I wanted to pay for her stuff so added it to mine. The cashier quoted the price as $120.00 I gave her $200.00. She did the transaction gave me my receipt and money. I did not count my money or look at my receipt like I should have. When I got home I counted my money and checked my receipt to find I was short $20.00. I was suppose to get $80.00 and I got $60.00. I am writing this review to warn people to count your money at the register.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Rude, impatient pharmacist and unruly helpers and co workers. Also they take entirely too long. This happens more often than not. Actually too often to be honest and something honestly needs to be done right away about these loons.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

Horrible experience in Riverton Utah Supermarket and South Jordan Gateway. Both food deliveries. First was Riverton, sent a pic of my siding and said he delivered my groceries. I called Walmart for 30 min before a human picked up. Finally got pick-up and told her the driver lied, did not deliver and she said the groceries were still at the store. Many words later told me she would have delivered by 5, 5:30 rolled around, another round of 30 minutes to get a human and hung up on. Finally a person at pick up said my items were picked up- but you see, I never received those too. I asked if it was the same thief, she said probably. So, they let the kid pick up again and not instantly fired- WOW. He stole from me and lied twice.

Second from South Jordan Gateway, they delivered someone else's order to my 90 year old grandmother. She picked up her bag, expecting grapes, croissants and canned goods. The bag ripped and all 12 eggs cracked all over the bread, porch and grapes. I had to leave work and go clean up her porch. AVOID USING DELIVERY, they have gotten so desperate. They kept a thief employed after deceit and dishonesty. Harmon's, Smiths and Amazon are much more safe and quality workers. When I talk to the employees, they are completely helpless on helping fix their problem and act like everything is cheery, it is not cheery and all I need is the problem "fixed" when I am stolen from by a store employee.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

After MONTHS of playing Walmart's release game for the X Box Series X, I finally won! They took forever to ship it! And when they did, they went with a second-rate shipping company... Needless to say, it was Lasership, a company KNOWN for "losing", "not delivering" and "stealing" packages.. Needless to say, I never saw my X Box! As soon as Lasership got their sticky paws on it, it was immediately marked "Lost". (Yeah I bet it was!) Wal-Mart refused to replace my X Box stating "Microsoft" Wouldn't allow it! Even during the MONTHS, I have been fighting for a replacement they had at least 3 releases of X Boxes! I was informed, "Yeah we have them, we just can't give one to you even though you purchased it and we messed up..." What kind of MESS is that?!?! You have what I ordered but refused to replace it!

I was offered a Playstation.... But this was not what I purchased, if I wanted a Playstation I would have brought a Playstation and I'm sure this rant would be about a Playstation... But NO! I brought an X Box Series X! Give me what you owe! They basically said f-off we not giving you the item you sat up months trying to buy and playing this release game for! They gave me funky ass $50 thinking it would make me go away quietly! WRONG!!! I don't need your funky ** $50. CLEARLY I just paid 500.00 for a gaming system you refuse to replace. A gaming system I'm sure has been placed back on your website for $1,000+. CROOKS! O and this offer came MONTHSSSS after trying to go through customer service, who was absolute of NO HELP!

Those agents are liars and useless!!! Trust me you aren't getting their real names if you are taking notes. I write everything and everyone I speak to down, so I found it beyond funny that I was given names like Lynn and Lisa only to get a survey asking me how my chat with LoveJoy went.... WHO? YEP! CROOKS, CROOKS, CROOKS. Don't waste your time with the X Box **. It's all for show! And for NOT!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

I purchased TV in June 2020. Before six months I had to returned the TV due to volume problems, here I am again volume completely went out. Don't waste your money. I'm get in touch with Walmart and see outcome.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

Buyer BEWARE. I ordered $250 of gift cards from Wal-Mart. Normally I receive an email telling me how to activate my cards when they come in the mail. I ordered the cards 9/23/21. I never received an activation code. I have called around 6 times over the past month and I have been told they are having issues with their beta version and they cannot activate the cards and they are working on the issue. Wal-Mart did charge my credit card $250. They said they have no "eta" for when the issue will be resolved. They told me they can't refund me the $250, nor can they send me cards I will be able to activate. At this point I have paid money for cards that don't work with no timetable for resolution. I think after 30 days, Wal-Mart should refund me my money and once they figure things out, just don't activate the worthless cards they sent me. I would suggest you not buy any gift cards from Wal-Mart until this issue is resolved.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

If I could leave a negative star amount for my experience today, I would! I have a physical disability; therefore, I thought it was a wonderful option to have my dry dog food delivered to my house automatically once per month. The price was $20.40 per bag if I chose this option. Great. The first month, I only received one bag, called in and was told I would be given a credit for the second bag. Then I noticed, the price had suddenly risen to $25.63 per bag. I called in again and was informed that I would still receive the original price. All I had to do was call in and provide the reference number that the CSR gave me. I thought, great! Thanks! I didn't cancel the order for the second month at the higher price because I thought I would get a credit. Wrong!!!

When I tried to call in for the credit, the first CSR put me on hold for 43 minutes before I finally hung up. The second CSR contacted his supervisor, then came back to me and said it was impossible to give me the credit that I had been promised. I asked to speak to the supervisor who told me the same. Not only was I lied to, a few days ago, I was at another store where I saw the same dog food on sale for $23.00 a bag. If I had known I wasn't going to get my credit, I would have cancelled the automatic delivery immediately and kept my eyes open for sales.

My dog is 100 pounds and goes through a lot of food, but I physically cannot lift the large bags to take advantage of the bulk prices. So yeah, if you sign up for the automatic monthly delivery, keep your eyes on the prices. It was literally less than a month before the dog food went up over $5.00 a bag. Sofia, no idea why you left me on hold for 43 minutes without at least checking in occasionally, but not cool. Justin from India being a supervisor is a crap job sometimes, but I had an agreement with your company and you just totally ignored it. Shame on you!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

First time order all baby stuff like bed, it's a gift for my brother and sister in-law, when they arrived, I saw outside of the box have tape labels put **, I try to email complain. They keep telling me which they can't find my order number, I did screen shots everything email to them, but still said cannot find like they try to hide and don't want to responsible for that, never again with Walmart, I heard a lot about them, bad experiences for me.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Now September 11 2021 there were 5 charges posted to my account from Google play. I've contacted Walmart customer service over 10 times about these charges. They keep telling me that the charges are pending and are under investigation. Here is a list of the charges, I got a new card. Changed the password, I still haven't been credited for these funds.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I returned a damaged doll to Walmart, they received it and have still not refunded my purchase. This is going on 2 months and I’ve called several times and emailed them several times. Still no refund. I will never shop there again.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I ordered a toy to be delivered to my Grandson for starting Kindergarten. I live in California and he lives in Utah. I called Walmart the night before to make sure all ok. Talked to Supv, he said all good. Ready to go. Got email at 201am stating out of stock. What happened from the night before? Never again. Don’t use them. They just make kids cry and grandfathers upset.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

Still waiting and still holding....so many calls since I returned the Sleep Innovations Bed, because it stinks and the smell never went away like they said it would, smells like vomit. So many appointments for pick up that did not happen, now after it was picked up by rude hostile men, I have waited endlessly for refund that never happens. Continually calling, supervisor, Evelyn, after a half hour on the phone, disconnected. Now waiting again for Will and no one returns to phone for a half hour. OMG if I could give minus stars I would. Don't they realize experiences like this keep people from ever shopping there again and spreading the word??!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I ordered twin xl on Walmart.com and was sent twin. Tried returning to the store and they said I needed to contact the seller for a return. I sent two messages to the seller and it wasn’t returned. I just called the store to complain and was told there was a 30 day return window and since my order was received Aug 11 and I sent the message Aug 12 I was out of luck. That’s ridiculous. I hadn’t been told the return policy was so quick.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Had ordered a Hoover vacuum online. Daughter picked it up. Got home. Opened box. Inside box was a used dirty smelling Bissell. I called store. Daughter went back. Gave her hard time then told her I had to wait a week to get my card credited back. Why do they keep my money for a week when they took it out the minute I ordered it? Do not order from this store. They will sell you used dirty merchandise in a new box. And for any one that want to rip them off was told they don't open returned merchandise boxes so you can put what you want in box and they'll give you money but it makes it hard on people like me that are honest. Bottom line is don't order anything online from Salisbury Walmart. Their store and customer service stinks. Called corporate. Was on hold to to speak to a manager who never would answer nor would they switch me to account to give them a review at end of call. WALMART Salisbury MD STINKS AND NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Let me start by saying that I've been a Walmart Shopper for many years. This, primarily because their prices are the best. Lately, I've been taking surveys and the rewards I get I divide into Walmart and Target Gift Cards. Unfortunately the last 5 or 6 times, when I go to check out, the Cashiers have no idea what to do with these gift cards since they're paper and not a physical card. They ALWAYS have to look for a Supervisor to help them. It doesn't appear that there is any way to signal one either. No walkie talkies (like Target) and apparently not able to flash the light on the aisle number to get anyone's attention.

I waited about 3 minutes this past Sunday when I finally gave up and paid cash for my items that I had a $15 gift card for. Had there not been a long line behind me, I would have waited but I didn't want the people behind me get irritated. It's irritating enough just shopping there!! It was a crazy busy day and the store was mobbed. Now, let's take Target....If there is a long line, they will open a "mobile" cash register to assist. You do have to use a credit or debit card since they are not actual registers. But it sure does help!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

We have shopped from Walmart for a number of years. Yes, the growth of Amazon has helped and made it even easier to shop - from the comfort of our home. Recently, unable (a rarity) to find the items on Amazon, we ordered them from Walmart. After waiting for over 3 weeks - they were 2 weeks late - I was told the items were finally delivered! Yeah! Great - but no, not great, they weren't delivered and I was told I would be charged for them since I now had them. These were TWO BIG boxes - that were never at my door, or garage, or anywhere on our property - never delivered. Walmart emailed, called and "told me" it was my responsibility to get the items back if I wanted a refund! I now had to do THEIR job, find MY order AND get it back to THEM to get MY money back. Last time I checked, if you have a job, you carry through and complete it. If I order something and it doesn't come through, I get a refund - except, apparently, at Walmart.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Classic bait and switch scheme: advertise something online for low cost (TI-84 Plus CE for $71), saying have to come into store to buy, then tell customer that item is sold out, and try to sell them lower quality model for almost twice the cost (Ti-84 for $129). I was in the store, showing the manager that online currently states there is stock and she said there must be something wrong with their inventory. What a crock - they lie to get people in the store and then try to sell things for full price. Rest assured that I will never shop at Walmart again, and neither will any of my family.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

I have purchased quite a few things from them. I'm done. I'll go back to Amazon because they make sure you are happy. When something arrives in the mail and it is defective Walmart makes it very inconvenient to return the item. You have to mail it back to them or go to one of their stores. If you are handicapped and that is the reason you buy online do not buy anything from Walmart. Amazon will pick up your order when it is returnable or when they are at fault.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

08/28/21 at 7:13pm Spoke with Janae. The trash can lid has a two year warranty. I purchased the motion sensor trash can Model# MS-50-22. Order # ** purchased 10/03/20. Mainstays customer service (877)539-7436, (877)968-6391. 2nd time calling spoke Amir from Walmart. Amir and Janae gave incorrect phone numbers. They refused to honor their manufacture warranties.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I ordered a certain product after 10 days they simply cancelling my order and ask me to reorder if I want. No one to address this through customer service. Worst experience with Walmart delivery. Product is also not good to use.

Wal-Mart Company Information