1.76/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

6275 Wal-Mart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I am sure no one will look at this as far as Wal-Mart is concerned. But I have been in the customer service since a young person, and I have always been kind and helpful to anyone and everyone. I went into Wal-Mart with a battery and the young man at the shop saw me and didn't open the door and when I went to open the door it was locked and I asked him and he walked away and hollered at another individual who opened the door. Then I walked in and I was going to enter thru the actual door to the store that same individual didn't hold that door. He walked thru and let the door close on me. WOW. What happened to good old courtesy and customer care. We are so killing ourselves with not making anyone want to go shopping anymore. Then we wonder why everyone is ordering online and not wanting face to face anymore. It is a sad sad thing.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

My local Walmart in Forsyth, GA is the worst live fish place to buy from. I have gone in and complained to them numerous times about dead fish and filthy conditions in fish containers. I will see an improvement for a visit or two and then BAM! Same dead fish and conditions! Is there any way to stop them from selling live fish? Next time I go there, I will take pictures and take to the news outlets!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I hate self check-out. I've been shopping at Albertsons and saving a ton of money from their weekly sales. This is the first time I've been in Walmart in a while. Every single lane, but three, are self check-out lanes. Lost my business. I'm not a cashier. If I wanted to be one, it would be a lot less stressful than my job. I want someone to ring my groceries up. Never shopping here again.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I came to this Walmart which is a new store, located at the corner of Brawley and Shaw in Fresno, Ca. I came for some Slim Fast and two cans of spray paint. California requires that spray paint be locked up so kids cannot steal it. I pushed the button for service at the paint display. After about 15 minutes a guy shows up to open the cabinet. It seems he is the only one to respond to these little boxes, which are all over the store. Are you kidding me? 100,000 square feet and one guy. Then of all stupid things he tells me he has to carry the 2 cans of paint to the cashier. This is the same as calling me a thief and that I can't be trusted to pay for this. I don't believe that Walmart should be in business if this is how you do business. That way you can keep all your stuff, won't have to put up with the public, and security will be easy. I mean you even pay for Fresno Police to be on site.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I purchased a $100 gift card for my son who lives very far from us. Walmart.com asked for his phone number and email which gave me a feeling of “confidence & security” that he would safely receive. I did receive a receipt of purchase and an email of estimate delivery. Two days before scheduled delivery my son received a phone call from FedEx in which he replied he was not at home - the FedEx guy replied they’d try again. On the day of “scheduled delivery” they claimed the gift card was delivered to his apartment with no phone call. My son did not receive! I called Walmart several times asking for help. I got the run around first stating “don’t worry, the special gift card team will help resolve your situation”. After several days of no communication I tried 2 more times to connect and then received an email stating “sorry we can’t help - it says it was delivered” So now I’m out $100 and my son does not have his Christmas gift card.

It was basically a “too bad so sad” reply. They did not research the card assigned to see if it was used so they could cancel/void and submit a new one or even inquire with FedEx delivery. It is a known fact that there is nationwide problem of people stealing packages - why did they ask for his number and email if they were not going to make sure it got into the correct hands? I am disgusted with the lack of customer service and effort to resolve this not to mention all my time trying to research and resolve this myself and now I have to pay another $100 so my son gets a present. Terrible terrible customer service and research on their lack of proper delivery. Bottom line...don’t trust Walmart.com to deliver the goods safely!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I have been shopping at and on Walmart.com for some years, never had a bad experience, which at the time I assume all the products belonged to them. I purchased a home phone through Walmart.com in December, and ended up returning it once I received it, because of the shipping time, I no longer needed it. So I returned it to the store and was told I would receive my $26 of the $40 as a refund once the vendor received the item back, so I said "Vendor??" The associate said, "Yes Walmart.com is competing with Amazon, so they are allowing third party vendors to sell on their site." I called Walmart.com, and was told I would receive my full refund.

I received $26 from the Vendor, called Walmart twice after I spoke with the vendor who was a complete **, will never do business with that company either. Walmart states they will have someone call me back, no phone call. So I call today, they contact the seller, he has the same bs attitude and excuse. So I asked the associate to take me off the call with him and let me speak with a supervisor, then I get silence. Called back and spoke to a nice young lady, who connected me to their somewhat higher up, who did nothing as well, gave me some lame excuse of how Walmart cannot cover the refund of a third party seller. So I ask her why are they even allowing this to happen if they are not going to be responsible and hold these sellers accountable for the ridiculous fees.

Now Amazon, and eBay covers their buyers and protects them from their scam artist sellers, Walmart lets their sellers rip you off, how can you let a seller charge your customers a 10% restocking fee and $10 shipping fee for a simple phone, that was never out of the original shipping package. I will never purchase anything through them again. And I will be relaying the message to all my family and friends. I will just stick to Amazon, and eBay and be safe with buy protection. They will eventually lose all their business, no one wants to buy from a billion dollar company that will not protect or respect their customers.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I have been a Amazon Prime member for a number of years. Recently I have been shopping on Walmart.com and for the most part had been very satisfied. On January 23rd, I ordered in RCA computer tablet and on the 26th, received a toy instead. I called and told the associate about my problem and she said that they would send another one out and I would receive it by that 30th. I asked her since it was their fault that I did not receive the tablet by the date they promised, if they could expedite the shipment and she said no. I sent a complaint to Walmart.com and they said they would get back to me but never did. To Amazon's credit, in all the years that I have received merchandise from them, I have never received the wrong item. Plus, I have been able to receive items the next day after ordering from them if I wanted it. If Walmart is going to compete with Amazon, they had better improve their customer service. Very disappointed!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

When filling my Walmart online cart, I selected SEVERAL 2-day shipping items. By the time I got to checkout, and had over $35 worth of items, I noticed that some of my ship dates were no longer 2 days. And some items, Walmart wanted ME to pick up in store. What I finally realized was that possibly, if the items were not being shipped from the same location, one item might follow the 2-day shipping rule, and the other items would change to taking over a week, or as mentioned, expect ME to pick up in store. This is NOT at all like Amazon shipping.

It is VERY frustrating when you see items marked at 2-day shipping, but by the time you get to checkout, shipping statuses suddenly change. In MY instance, the last item I placed into my cart to take me over the $35, was going to receive the 2-day shipping, and the item I really wanted, was going to take over a week to reach me. [TRY IT!] AND Walmart is conflicted on the 2-day shipping without membership concept if you look at how they manage Sam's Club shipping of orders. For free shipping there, they want you to buy the higher Plus membership, as they don't really offer any type of free shipping if you have at least a certain dollar amount or more--Some items do include free shipping for the average member, but that is NOT the norm... So it's interesting how contradictory they are about not needing a membership like Amazon, when they even encourage it with their Plus membership to get free shipping at Sam's Club.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

The Walmart Market located on Lake Mead and Hollywood in Las Vegas is very unorganized. They always lose my packages when they are delivered there and they return my packages by the 3rd day of pick up notice. I normally order once a week and the last five weeks have been hell. They can never find my packages and have to go twice in the week to see if they can find it. Very unorganized.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Purchased a $370 laptop, spend 10hrs in total across 2 calls to support line and $26 on premium support contract to try and get it working over a 3wk period. Finally told after a system factory reset and full hardware and software diagnostics cannot rectify and return to place of sale for refund. Walmart.com told me to return and gain refund from Walmart store. Walmart store and Walmart.com argued over phone whilst I was at store on whose responsibility it should be. After 1hr both parties said they cannot accept return. Raised with Walmart customer service and now told not taking return due to being outside of 15th Jan return date even though proof it has never worked correctly from Christmas Day. Will never buy from Walmart again and advise others to beware even if it is slightly cheaper at Walmart, it is not worth the hassle of such poor customer aftersales service from a so called retail leader.

Wal-Mart Company Information

Walmart
www.walmart.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.