Wal-Mart
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Wal-Mart

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2017

5505 Wal-Mart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

The Wal-Mart never fails to disappoint with their well stocked supply of unattended children in their stores. I stepped on approximately 4 kids, 2 of which were infants. Why were infants on the floor you ask? They were abandoned by their parents, who were distracted by the fair prices and good deals being offered at Wal-Mart. 2/10, maybe would recommend. Only if you like kids though.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I placed an order at 4:50 pm on Saturday 11/18. According to the website the orders place site to store, before 6 pm, could be picked up the same day, as long as the items are marked as "pick up today", which in my case they were. I never received the confirmation email saying that my order was ready. Next day around 12 noon, I called Walmart.com about my order, that was still showing as being prepared. They said they didn't know what was going on, so they contacted the store.

I spoke with the person of the store who was supposed to put the order together for me, and she told me that she had been trying to reach me (to my old phone number that I had already changed on my account) because the one item was not in stock and was wondering if she could replace it with another one, after fixing that, she said order will be ready within the hour. It was 12:30 pm, by 4 pm my order was still not ready. I had order 10 items, how long does it take her to pick up 10 items? I just didn't want to go to the store and deal with cashier lines, and waste 2 hours to get 10 things, I ended up canceling the order and going in person in the evening. Never again I place an order like that at Walmart, I hope I don't have to buy from them again, I already checked that Target doesn't charge more for the online items as Walmart does, so I will be buying online from them instead.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Do not purchase online from Walmart or their vendors. They run items at low prices and then you order them and then they cancel orders and refuse to match the price you ordered it at. It is a total bait system. Then they will not own up to their mistakes. Beware when buying appliances especially. They do not put any warnings about order cancellations or product out of stock etc. Their mistake will cost us thousands of dollars (to change our cabinet design and order) simply because they refuse to match the price of the original product even when they magically have the product now available on their website at a much higher cost. This has got to be totally illegal practice. SCAMMERS!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I ordered some things I saw online. I guess it was a mistake. The thing is I ordered what they advertised. I expected to receive that just as they expected to receive the money out of my account which they did because they messed up. They will not honor it so I asked for a refund because they already send me one set when it was supposed to be multiple sets. Now they're treating me like a criminal telling me I have to mail their things back and then they'll give me a full refund which I expect them to give me the products that they advertised, as many as they advertised, for the price they advertised and they want me to sign a contract saying I will mail back the one item that they sent first. It's not an expensive item.

The point is they advertised the quantity. They advertise the price. They removed it from my bank account what they expected but I'm not supposed to expect what they promised and when I call they act like I'm the criminal. This is not the first time nor the second. It's the third time. Compensate me for all my aggravation and half hour on hold three or four different times. They gave me a promo code $10 off a $35 purchase and no refund till I send back their one each item when it was supposed to be 6 each item 4/4 things. 12 for one thing and 24 for another. I've only received one item. Then I get a return email stating to give them my credit card info, my security code, my date of expiration on my credit card and no give me a full refund. Who asked for that information? The name was Sam at help Walmart dot-com.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I have ordered from Walmart.com for a long time but as of today, will no longer be ordering with the company. There has been a regular issue with one part of my order the last four times and dealing with customer service is extremely painful. You basically just stole $25 from me, the money isn't a big deal, it's really more the point. I spent 45 MINUTES on the phone with your customer service, even asking to speak to a manager and being put on hold AGAIN... getting the runaround the entire time. For some $25 is a lot of money, so hopefully they'll have more luck and patience than I did. Looks like I'll be going back to Walgreens and Amazon because at least they get the orders right.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Do yourself a favor and NEVER order from them as in EVER. Just shop at AMAZON. Avoid the headache of long wait times. Incompetent staff. Horrible refund policies. I placed an order that was supposed to arrive within 2 business days. Two of the items showed up via two separate carriers. No notice or anything on the TEN remaining items. I had to call FOUR TIMES. A total of ONE HOUR on the phone. To find out only a "label" was created after 7 p.m. the date it was due. With an "estimated arrival" of next WEDNESDAY. They suck like I said.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I stood in line for almost 20 min. today in the Arroyo Grande Walmart as I was waiting for a register. Four of them closed. 1 by one then one clerk came to open and a big line followed her, I was too far away to make it. Then the register next to my left opened and the lady behind me ran over and a big line formed there. So here I am still waiting the same number of people in my line. The clerk was so slow! I have heard from other staff that they have cut back staff and hours, it is so terrible that this store can be operated like this.

With all the business this store does and they are cutting hours and staff! Not sure I will be in a hurry to come back if this continues. I was very dissatisfied with the occurrence today! And furthermore I went to Site to Store today to pick up an item I had purchased online. It took 15 min. to find it! That again was very unsettling! They finally found it in a new locked cabinet! No one communicates about anything in that store it seems. If I have had time I would have found a manager to complain but after the long wait at Site to Store and the long line at register it wasn't an option! I watch the commercials on TV about Walmart. They seem so friendly and courteous but this store does not represent that feeling! I hope someone reads this truly and does something. There is talk that the store is headed for a remodel in January 2018. Maybe we might see an improvement!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I returned a Titanium Black Hammered Ridged Edge 7mm Brushed Band for $95.55. According to my tracking number the company received the ring back on the 6th and I have not received my refund yet. I order the ring thru Walmart, this was the order number **. I returned the ring thru Shirin Diamond web page return. The RMA number was **.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I was leaving the store today with a full cart when the "greeter" ran up behind me and said "I need to see your receipt". I was taken back and very embarrassed as several people I knew were also leaving the store. I pulled out my receipt and stood there for what seemed like forever while he looked at the receipt. I asked if there was a problem as the alarm had not gone off. He said "I just have to make sure those things on the bottom are paid for". I am a 57yo grandmother, nicely dressed and this man has seen me in the store many times. I spend between $250 and $400 bi-weekly in this store. I am livid that this company would embarrass their customers in this way. What is the door alarm for?! When I got home, my daughter told me an older gentleman was stopped this way in front of her the day before. He was also very upset. Hell will have an ice storm before I ever step foot in this store again!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

How can they advertise (FREE Shipping) and then charge more, than it can be bought in the store? I noticed this change in pricing about two weeks ago. All they are doing is ripping you off on price and then say they are giving you free shipping. Looks like I will return to buying from Amazon. If you ask me this smells like a great class action lawsuit.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

My order was to arrived 11/6/17. As of 11/15/17 it had not. I reached out to Walmart.com to ask where it was. After a lengthy "chat" session, I was told to contact their supplier! WTW? I further complained and then I received the response that they contacted the supplier on my behalf and I'll hear back in a day. I said, "Just cancel the order" and they said, "Speak to the supplier." I would encourage readers to no longer use Walmart.com.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

My brother in KY sent a money order to my mother in NJ while she is visiting. He asked me what type to send and I told him, "Get it at Wal-Mart MoneyGram so that she can easily cash it at a Wal-Mart here." Boy was I wrong? She is not able to cash it at Wal-Mart... they told her she had to buy it at their location (as in psychical location???). They told her she has to deposit it in her bank account. Which is in KY! I could have easily avoided this fiasco by having my brother purchase a postal money order which I will do in the future and I hope anyone reading this will as well.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I wanted to purchase a bicycle for my 4 year old son and the Walmart employee advised to purchase it from the Walmart website because they do not have it in store and the one that I picked was only for display purposes. He encouraged me to buy a Walmart prepaid credit card. I purchased a prepaid credit card from Walmart on September 6th and paid $5 for activation fee and $50 cash to purchase the bicycle. I could not find time to use the card right away and when I was ready to use it I noticed that there was $10 missing from my card. I called the customer service number on back of the card.

After explaining the situation so many times and getting disconnected 4 times I found out that they have been charging me a card maintenance fee which was not explained at the time of purchase or anywhere in package fine prints until now. I called Walmart explained everything to customer service. They let me talk to manager finally to Green Dot bank customer service and after an hour or so they said to reimburse my $5 by the next day and after I use all of the amount they would close up my card. I went and spent my $35 at Walmart and checked my card balance the next day to see if they sent my $5.

Not only they did not send the money but they put a negative $5 on my card and did not close the account as well. I called again. No luck. After a week I called 1 more time and finally spoke with a representative and he said that we cannot send your money back to card because my balance is negative and if they do it will cancel the negative balance. I said it was not fair how they rip off my $10 and asked to close my card and I explained my unsatisfactory from the Walmart and Green Dot bank. As I know now that a lot of people are getting ripped off the same as me I am complain and hoping that someone in the authority could take legal action against Walmart and Green Dot bank for stealing millions of dollars from people and not helping them at all. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I found on the website of Walmart Sparkling Apple Cider at a very good price, the description was: Martinelli's Sparkling Cider - Apple - Case of 12 - 25.4 Fl oz. then I order 3 cases. When I went to pick up my order they only gave me 3 bottles! And they claimed that was what I bought. I showed them the description and I told them there were 3 cases and they called someone else, that person told me the same thing and I told them: “Are you refusing to give me my order? It's not my fault that someone else made a mistake. You talk to that person and fix it but you have to give me my product.” At the end they did not give me anything. I call customer service and they gave me an apology but they will not give me anything because it was a mistake. They offered me a refund which I did not accept, but they canceled my order the same day I put it and made the claim. I'm so angry about that! Grrrrr!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

The time for delivery was 11/09/2017 for an order placed 11/07/2017. This was a store pick-up in North Reading, MA. Today I am told the item will be available 11/13/2017. Totally unacceptable. I could have bought it and picked it up by now. No more online orders for Walmart.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Check for expiration on products. I went to our local Wal-Mart center to purchase some marinated sauce for our steak. When I got home I notice the expiration date on the bottle was 06/2016. I called customer service to inform them that the store had expired product that was over a year old and the lady didnt care at all. I went into the store and return the expired product and they gave me a hard time stating that I had this bottle in my house and trying to returned it. I told the customer service representative I was literally here 15 mintues ago buying this product. I requested a supervisor since a manager wasnt available she returned the item and gave me my money.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Ordered a CD player for the first and last time with Walmart. Was lead to believe I would receive by Monday, Nov 13th. Get a email confirmation and the date says, Monday, Nov 20th, when I will be out of state for the holiday. On the website for your Walmart account, they purposely don't have a section where you can cancel the order. So I called Walmart and spoke with a incompetent agent. Had to repeat 3x's my order number, billing address and my name. OMG, are you kidding me? Why don't you write down a paper, so I don't need to repeat myself. Then I'm told, this is a 3rd party named Wholesale is the REAL COMPANY I need to speak with and you will need to call them. Was given a bogus phone number from the Walmart agent. You can't get through to them - which again is designed to frustrate you, so you'll give up and hopefully just accept the order. NOT!

Finally I found the little tiny section where you can email them. Here's what I wrote below. I will never EVER order anything again from Walmart. Shame on you for misleading customers and trust me Walmart you picked the wrong person, since I network with over 50K in my community. Cancel this order immediately - since I was led to believe I would receive product on Monday, November 13th, not November 20th. I've also contacted my bank to let them know I canceled because of the bait & switch tactic. Today's Date: Friday, November 10, 2017. I also called your number 615-259-3030 which is bogus. It's only a voice mail system and no one LIVE answers. Then you get disconnected.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

As a frequent customer of yours I’m writing in regards to a very distasteful experience I had with your company. Awful... Just Awful! I placed an order with Walmart online on 10/06/17 for a grill. Received a Walmart Address: 11012 N Williams St, Dunnellon, FL 34432. However I went to the store my order was not there. The sales associate gave me a number to call site to store 1-800-966-6546. When I contacted the customer care he told me they are behind to wait 3 more days. The expected arrival time has come and gone but still nothing.

I called again today. The customer care told me that the package was lost in the warehouse. He offered me two OPTION for my inconvenience 5% off (INSULT). He will have to cancel my order, I would have to wait 5 days for the money to go back in my account, I would have to go online re-order again with a RUSH delivery charged to me then to call back to get refund for the rush delivery not knowing when and if this grill would be delivered. What an enormous hassler. By that time I would be charged double for my inconvenience. I ask if they could replace the grill with one in store equivalent to the one I was getting for my inconvenience and good customer service. I got no help so I canceled. Walmart will not help you resolve the problem. Very poor customer service. Very unhappy.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I shop at both Walmart and HEB, depending on where I am at. Both stores are very good for me and my family. Walmart had some items that HEB does not. I am happy with either of them. Most of the time I'm going to Walmart because of what I need from them.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I shop Walmart because it's cheaper than other stores. The produce isn't great but it's "ok". Plus they will price match other stores' products and even give you credit on their "savings catcher".

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Prices are good, not the same items all the time. Customer service lacking - don’t think they pay associates enough for them to go out of their way to help you. Never enough checkout lines open. Store could be cleaner.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

You can't ever find anyone to help you. There is never enough check out's open. The pharmacy is awful you can call a day ahead to have your medicine refilled and it's never ready when you get there. Overall the store has awful customer service.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I use Wal-Mart's online grocery service. It convenient and free. The app works well. They email me when my order is ready. I wish other stores offered this service. I prefer Target, Sprout, and Whole Foods.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

They never have but two or registers out at all times so self checkout are full, so prefer driving 45 miles north out of my way to Green Valley, Arizona, having the Nogales Walmart store 5 mins away from my home!! That store manager Need get his hands out his pocket and work, too many times I have left and to another local store because of the time spent try to get out of this store. Yet in the Green Valley there's employees always will to help get you in and out quickly!!! What can you do! Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I found Wal-mart a great place to shop. It is an all-in-one store from goods to clothes, automobile parts to install tired toys, electronics, TV, etc. One-stop store.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

This is a small town and there are few other stores for us to use. It has a wide variety of different types of products. We are thankful for this one!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I would advise anyone thinking of getting passport photos taken to forget about Walmart. 5 years ago we had them taken there and the cost was $9.95 each. Recently we went to get them done again and we were billed $55.98 for two sets. I was in shock and thought, "Wow! The price gone up since the last time when we paid $9.95 ea." So we paid our bill, still in shock, and left. On checking other stores prices we found: COSTCO = $6.99 comes with a passport holder. SHOPPERS DRUG MART = $14. CAA = $12.50. Needless to say I felt really ripped off, but it was too late as we had already paid for them. On calling the Walmart customer service center, the agent was very nice but refused to do anything about the gouging. So be warned... Go anywhere but Walmart for photos!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I purchased a TV from Walmart.com on 10/18. I had it set to ship free to the store, and it was to arrive on 10/25. On 10/23 I noticed it had stopped updating shipping information. I waited. On 10/24 there was still no update, so I contacted customer service. They said it was fine, and would still be arriving 10/25. 10/25 rolls around and still no update online, so I contacted them again. Now they said their carrier (yes, their chosen carrier) could not deliver to the Wal-Mart in my area (then why the ** did you use that carrier??). Their carrier transferred it to another carrier, and they said it would be here on the 27th or 30th (weekend), and that the tracking number wouldn't change, the new carrier would use it (and also said that I, as the customer, should have contacted my store to set up the delivery, then backtracked on that).

Anyway, I tried tracking with the other carrier and couldn't find anything, so I called the original carrier. They told me they transferred the package but the box was empty (meaning someone took the TV). All they could do now is re-order or cancel. Fine, after being really ticked, I had them re-order. That was on 10/30. It is now 11/3 and my re-ordered TV still hasn't shipped... I want to cancel and go buy a TV at Costco, but due to all the escalations and refunds with this mess, this TV is now almost half the original price.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Overwhelmed but needed supplies. Didn’t find an employee to help me out with a question. Too many shoppers and not enough check outs open. Also they let their aquarium fish die.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

The store is usually dirty and not well stocked. The cost of some items certainly makes it worth going, yet some products are outrage in cost. I have started just purchasing necessities from there and shopping elsewhere.

Wal-Mart Company Information