1.74/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

6150 Wal-Mart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

So I bought one of those big lol surprise balls ahead for my daughter for Christmas. I happened to find one on clearance marked down to $49, since it was a better deal than the original $70 price tag I grabbed one for a friend as well. I had them print out gift receipts just in case, I was happy I did at first because during the return timeframe my daughter became obsessed with the new bigger lol surprise ball. I sent my husband to return the one I bought for $49 + tax and told him to just put the money toward the newer pricier one.

The item only rang up as $17 with the gift receipt, they scanned the gift receipt and the item itself and said it only came up as $17, I ended up keeping the item to list on a local buy sell trade site to try to get my money back. I thought the whole point of a gift receipt was to refund the amount someone spent on a gift to buy something else, not shortchange someone by over $32 + tax, what a crock. I wonder how many other people get ripped off.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I placed an order online. Received confirmation that the items arrived at the store for pick up. When I arrived to pick up my items I was informed only one item was there. I provided confirmation that all items are signed for by the store representative I was informed I should come back in a couple of days. No effort or assurance that my issue will even be escalated for further assistance. This order is fully paid for and now I need to make calls and who knows if I will even receive the items I ordered a week ago.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I purchased three (3) green peppers from the produce department. The price sticker was .78 per pepper. When I looked at my receipt I was charged .84 per pepper. It is only .06 cents per pepper or a total of .18 cents. Immaterial, however I was overcharged the prior week for peppers and felt annoyed that the price tag was not changed to reflect the actual charge, so I went to customer service to explain the issue. The customer service clerk understood but was going to give me a refund because she said that was the right thing to do.

After over 5 minutes of her and another clerk trying to rectify this, she gave me a penny. I just looked at her. I decided to call and speak to the store manager. I was connected to an assistant manager who spoke very rudely. He said he wasn't over produce but would walk over there and take care of it. I said "I thought you were the assistant manager"? He said "over one department, there are multiple assistant managers". This was going nowhere. Not only could they not calculate the correct amount to refund, but I could not get connected to the store manager! What a waste of time.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I placed an order online 2 weeks before Christmas to give myself enough time to wrap my gifts. The order shows up and the entire order is missing. They sent 2 items which I didn't even order. Called up customer service. What a nightmare that was. No solution to my problem. Had to repeat myself over and over again. Telling me they delivered my items to the wrong address. How is that possible when I did receive an order that wasn't mine? Not to mention the packaging slips in the incorrect order was the stuff I ordered, the customer service rep wants to offer me $10.00 for the inconvenience caused. That's not even close to the stress it's causing me. Now I have to wait for my refund then go shopping at Toys R Us. THANKS, WALMART BUT NEVER AGAIN!!! I will make sure none of my family or friends shops with Walmart ever again.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Ordered 2 food processors in a 60 day period. These were ordered through the grocery pick up app. Both processors either never worked out of the box or stopped working in less than 30 days. Called customer care line because that's what the employee from the pickup dept stated to do. Called customer care, they said neither item could be refunded because they had to be returned back to the store for a refund. Took the items back, the CS dept could not look up my order with the order numbers provided in my email when the items were picked up and paid for, not found using an email address or my phone number. All if these items were listed as paid for on the email with my receipt. It sounds like technology is behind when it comes to online pickup orders and the store inability to look up your items you actually received from that store.

After about 15 min and 3 people trying to figure this out, they wanted to offer me a gift card to use in the store for my refund. I said, "But why, I have a receipt and these were paid for through my debit card. I want a refund since the items I bought were defective or stopped working after less than 5 uses." I was finally given a credit back into my account, let's see how long it takes for them to give that refund. This cured my ideas for ever purchasing any household appliance or houseware items that are plugged in and require power to run. They make it a point to waste your time and take their time to give you a refund on products that are substandard. I will be making purchases like this at others stores other than Walmart, from now on.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I ordered something on Cyber Monday and it was a bundle and came with a gift card as an extra add item. They cancelled my order. When I called to find out why it took two hours to get nowhere. The system kicked my order out. I spend lots of money at no less than 10 other retailers and every other item I ordered I received. Now they will not honor the price from that day (about $50 on a $300 item) or honor the extra gift card (a $35 value). When I received the email from them there was no reason given but a link to their website.

They have the worst website for trying to get a number to call them so that took forever trying to navigate. Once I finally got a live person on the phone I spoke to four different people both Tier one and Tier two. None of whom could tell me exactly why my order was cancelled. After two hours of my life I will never get back, I still can’t understand why Walmart cannot get their customer service up to par with that of Amazon, Zappos or even Target. I promise they are not worth the time or aggravation of dealing with! Time to boycott Walmart and deal with retailers that have figured out the customer service side of things!!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Ordered online and did not receive items as promised. FedEx only had a shipping label from Walmart with no package. Walmart showed items shipped and collected payment. When I called Walmart customer service they noticed the items were never given to FedEx to send. The customer service agent blamed FedEx, and stated she doesn't have an answer for me as to "why it happened," and had the nerve to say "that's why I never do online shopping." What a way to support her company's mission to be competitive in online shopping.

So, she reordered my items and said she cannot guarantee shipment. What a lack of management oversight! Definitely not a reliable place to do online shopping, they will charge you for items that aren't actually sent (but will create a shipping label), and still not guarantee shipment for your order. Poor management, shady business antics, poor customer service, and definitely not competitive compared to other online shopping experiences.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I placed an order with Walmart last August. When the order wasn’t delivered in the 2 day shipping I returned the order online and was told to take the items to my local Walmart store. They gave me no receipt because it was already returned online, they would ship the items back. Now Walmart is saying that they didn’t receive the items back, no record of items that I returned to the store. They claim they sent an email telling me this and I was responsible for the entire amount of order. I never got an email about this and now my credit card is still charging me and Walmart doesn’t believe I took the packages to the store. I didn’t even open the packages, wrote return to sender on them and left them with the customer service desk at the store.

There is NO reason I should pay for items I don’t have! I’m tired of getting somebody different every time I call their helpline, each person has a different story and no one will help me. I’m in the middle with Walmart and my credit card company. I’m going up the corporate ladder with detailed information and transcription. It’s been two weeks, no resolutions. Never order anything online, returning is a nightmare!!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Walmart.com is the worse company I have dealt with in DECADES. I ordered an iPad on Black Friday, Nov 23, which the website said I could pick up in store that day. After I placed/paid for the order I got a message saying it would take two days to process. Later that day later I got a message telling me the order was canceled. The following morning I get a message saying the order was delayed, and not yet ready for pickup [not canceled]. The following day I check online and it says the order was canceled. At this point my son crying because he had been excitedly awaiting his iPad.

Separately, on the same day, Nov 23, I order a Fitbit. I get an email on Nov 24 letting me the item is ready for pickup. Heading out the door, I go to print the confirmation number and see another message the order was not ready. I would be notified when it was available. I cancel that order and use the company I typically use for online purchases. I have the Fitbit in 48 hours, no hassle. Yesterday I discover that Walmart has not refunded me for my purchase, so tonight I spend 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get my refund and that is now pending. This was a total of NINE conflicting messages/errors about these two purchases. APPALLING and hurtful to customers who trust they can deliver a product!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Placed an order for a TV and a Roku on Thanksgiving day. It took me hours on the phone and their online chat and it looks like I will be getting my TV after 2 weeks. Had to go back to their online chat today (when my Roku was set to arrive) just to be told that it was lost. Done with Walmart for good. Amazon or Target from now on.

Wal-Mart Company Information