Wal-Mart

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I received my order today and as a result of how it was package, one of the bags of Epsom Salts broke, because of the heavy weight of another item in the package and I had Epsom salt everywhere. I called customer service and it started off ok, they refunded me the purchase price, but then expected me to pay the Shipping Fee!! After I explained it was damaged due to the neglect of how the package was packed, I shouldn't have to pay these fees. They finally came back and waived the shipping fee, but then when I went online to reorder the product, it wanted me to pay another $5.00 for a handling fee?? Are you kidding me - I again call Customer Service and was told I would have to pay it because my order didn't exceed $25. I was then told to add more to my order to get it us to $25!!!

I'm astounded a "Customer Service Supervisor" would even suggest such a thing. I spent over that with my original order and shouldn't have to pay to replace an item that got damaged as a result of them not packing the order correctly. I'm not sure where their Customer Service department is located, but I found the 3 different individuals I spoke to very difficult to understand and one guy spoke so quickly, that I had to ask him to slow down and to speak clearer, because I couldn't understand anything he was saying. Therefore, I will no longer use nor recommend using their online shopping to anyone.

I have ordered online - bike rack Order #** from Wal-Mart on 31st May 2017. While I was waiting my order I got an email on 5th June 2017 that order is canceled as "Customer changed mind". I got another email from marketplace vendor that we are out of stock for this order so can not ship this order. I checked. The same product was available on the site but at much higher price. When I contact Wal-Mart they said we can't do anything as this was the marketplace order from deals only. I feel like I am cheated because I trusted Wal-Mart site.

I recently purchased 2 trailer tires and wheels, normally I go to Discount Tire or Big O, I have two trucks and 2 trailers. I noticed my trailer tires were losing about 15 lbs. of air pressure in a week so I aired them up and again. Today I stopped at the Wal-Mart in Anthem, AZ. where I bought them, and I was informed there was nothing they could do for me, not even repair them! No warranty, no fix! You are S.O.L.! Not even check the valve stem to see if it was loose! I aired tires up and left. Lesson learned when buying tires: always ask about warranty! From now on I take all of my business elsewhere, including clothing, groceries, what ever else. I average about 5 to 600.00 a month there, but not anymore! My account may be accessed thru my phone number to verify my purchase.

I am disabled and on oxygen 24/7. Thought that Walmart's ship-to-home would be ideal for someone like me, so I ordered my items online to be shipped to my home on June 1. Walmart took the money out of my account on June 2, saying that delivery would be June 3. On June 3 they told me delivery would be June 6. When it still wasn't here June 7 I called them and they said it had been damaged in transit and returned to them, and the order had been cancelled!!! I asked why I hadn't been notified and was informed it was "an oversight" on their part. The young lady on the phone took my info, placed my order again (assuring me I would not be charged again - I hope not! ), and my items would be here June 9. Now I get an email this morning that I will not get my items until June 13!! You won't keep my business this way Walmart!

I purchased "School of Sardines" Catnip Sardines 50 ct. They sent me ONE Catnip Sardine and told me that it was a typo and they would NOT send the other 49 for the price advertised. When did one sardine become a SCHOOL of Sardines? You cannot believe what they advertise and I would definitely purchase my products elsewhere or someplace more honest.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Walmart sent me a gift card for a food item that was no good (because someone sliced it with the box cutter when opening the box). When I tried to activate the card it was no good because Walmart had deactivated the card. After being transferred from one person to another for over an hour I gave up. Why send a refund that is no good? They do not care about customer service. If I could give no stars I would.

Wal-Mart.com had Baby Alive Super Snacks Snackin listed $2.99 out of stock. I left my email. My 9 yr old was told I would get this for her. Next I get email stating in stock BUT the price was now $59.99.

I'm so sick of being followed in the store because of my color. It first started when a old ** lady seen me pick up a clothing that I wanted and she looked at me and shooked her head and told me to put it down. Then every time I go to the dressing room I sit there and count my clothing in their face and they snatch it right out my hand to count it again and again going in to make sure and again coming out to make sure it's still there. Every time they say it's store policy, but why not do it to the other two ** women who had the same amount as me. So it's y'all policy to only follow and make sure the ** people don't steal. I graduated with ** honors and +4.0 GPA. I won a $100 gift card, but I don't feel safe when I go there, so I sold to my ** friend. To make sure I had a witness, my friend went in and picked up the same thing and had no problem. I believe y'all are a great store but y'all employees are wrong and racists.

I tried purchasing Pampers brand diapers that were on sale. An associate called me that day and told me that they were out of stock. I said that was fine, I was willing to wait a week until they had them in. This morning the same associate called me again to inform me that there had been a "pricing error" on their website and that I needed to cancel my order in order to be refunded. When I called their corporate number they claimed that this sort of thing happens a lot. Why bother having a website to order from if you can't even get the prices right. Needless to say, I will NEVER order from Walmart.com again and I don't think I will be patronizing their stores anytime soon.

I recently ordered a large amount of items from Walmart.com. Upon arrival, I found that almost all my purchased items were stuffed in one giant box, which was about 30 inches long, 24 inches wide, and 20 inches deep. It held over a dozen items, and weighed about 40-45 pounds. This box was insufficiently taped, and as soon as it was brought to my door, the bottom broke, sending the contents all over my porch. In the past, I have received packages that were also insufficiently taped, but never to this extent. I wish that when people pack items, they would pay more attention to how much they put in and how little tape they put on such a heavy box. If something like this occurs again in the future, I will no longer be shopping at Walmart online.

I ordered a Ozark tent and it broke on the first set up and needed a part to fix it. I contacted Ozark Tents who never answer their phone and you get voice mail. They also don't return your call for days but when they do you can't get back in touch to order the part. I called Walmart several times and then called corporate that never got back to me and today I spent 2 hours on the phone wasting my time to only have Amy a escalation person who was 0 help and did nothing to help return it or find a part to fix it. I will never order anything from Walmart again based on this experience and poor ignorant customer service representatives.

Walmart employees never show you where to find the product you're looking for when you ask where to find something. They need to really work with their employees to provide good customer service. They need some work.

In Jan. I had taken an item back to Wal-Mart that was still in the box with no issues. The person at the counter offered me a gift card that would have the money on it, I said, "Okay." Never accept these gift cards because they will not give you cash back unless there is less than $10 left on the card. It seems to me that this is illegal that they are basically forcing you to spend your money at Wal-Mart. It's my money not Wal-Marts.

Yesterday I bought training panties for my grandbaby. When I opened the pkg to put on her I noticed dark stains then the second pair too and the third. Come on when has Walmart put used panties on the shelves? So upsetting. Don't think I will shop at a Walmart again.

Every other time I go to buy items at Wal-Mart, I get overcharged at the register for at least one or two items. If you ask me, I think this is done on purpose in order for Wal-Mart to increase their revenue. There should be a federal probe into this behavior. I will not shop there anymore. This has happened to me several times.

Two days ago I got kicked out from Walmart yesterday morning as I was checking out. The lady insisted they had 'pictures of my boyfriend and I' but wouldn't go into detail other than, "You need to leave and never come back." She was POSITIVE it was me, even though I told her I am certain she had to be confusing me for someone else and would like to see this said evidence of whatever it is I had 'done' as I calmly died inside. She refused. I left, tail between my legs while everyone watched me look and feel like a complete fool.

Called the manager, finally got it squared away an hour or so later and of course... I was completely mistaken for someone else! Ahhh. Total embarrassment and frustration. Oh but wait, they offered me a $50 gift certificate to remedy the situation for the lovely experience I went through. Cool and thanks, mistakes happen, but I've been going there since they've opened and this lady had been my cashier many times so the thought of being confused for someone else blew my mind.

I fell at Wal-Mart back in January at Walmart front walkway while it was cold, snowing and icy. They had absolutely no ice melt or salt down that day in the main walkway in the front. I had parked in the very front to let my 80 year old mother out to return a vacuum so she wouldn't have to walk through the snowy parking lot and fall with the vacuum.

When we got inside, she realized she didn't have her receipt so I went back out to the car to get it and when I went to come back in, fell right in front behind their planter box. Of course I got up and was hurting pretty bad and hobbled back in their store and reported it to management what had happened in which they filled out an incident report and the manager there joked about how "I don't think we even have any salt!" Wow. Really?? Wal-Mart doesn't have salt?? Especially, none out on the main walkway in January in the bad weather. I ended up having to go in and get xrays and met with a doctor and he verified my ankle was broken.

I missed a week of work which we all know that means a loss of income. Wal-Mart started a "claim incident report" with their claim adjuster. All I was asking them was to pay for the couple of medical expenses from falling and the week of work I missed. The adjuster called back today and said that they determined that they weren't reliable for any thing since they have no control of the weather. LOL. Really??? Like any one does! But they did have control of keeping their main walkway safe by keeping ice melt down.

So I will be moving forward with my attorney that I have already contacted. I think it's so nuts that they are a multi billion dollar company that can't even be fair enough to pay out for medical costs from not being responsible enough to put salt down. How hard is that?? And taking the risk of paying out thousands of dollars from a law suit rather than paying such a small amount for a couple of medical expenses. Wal-Mart has given the word GREEDY a new meaning. I have never liked them.

I hardly ever went in their stores anyways after I had read the big article in how inhumane the food company was with animals where Wal-Mart purchases their meat (not to mention is such TERRIBLE quality). I only went in once in a while if it was late and nothing else was open. At this point, I will NEVER support a Wal-Mart store again. After reading all the bad reviews on them, and I mean there are thousands! It's obvious because they are so big, they can treat their customers however they want and losing one more customer means absolutely nothing to them. They are scumbags that will someday get their day and it Won't be a good day! There is always someone else out there. Bigger and better. It's just a matter of time. So long Wal-Mart!

Horrible! Paid for barstools suppose to be delivered on 05/12. On the day of the delivery the tracking number stated that it was to return to sender. Same day contacted Walmart, told they would reship it and expedite it with no extra charge. On 05/17 still haven't received a tracking number. Again contacted Walmart, said something went wrong in the process stage. They offered 10% discount and have it reordered and expedited a third time. On 05/18 still haven't received the new order number, the rep was not useful or understanding. Didn't provide me a tracking number, or the discount I was told and said the order is cancelled because now it's out of stock. Honestly never again order from Walmart. Every explanation I've been given is vague and every rep kept giving me different excuses.

Another Scandal, Forget United Airlines. Walmart treats you like you are some kind of criminal. Please repost for the whole world to see specially WalmartPR, Wal-Mart Headquarters, Bentonville, Arkansas. #Walmart is no longer a safe place to shop. Tried to return a gift I bought for Mother's Day from the same store in Rohnert Park, CA and had an actual picture of the receipt on my phone showing bar code, transaction ID and the last 4 digit of my AMEX and store refused to issue a refund. Store clerk said she will be fired, other said will lose her job, the assistant manager was nasty and came face to face with me and attempted assault just because I was from another country. I started filming him once I felt threatened and CHRISTOPHER the macho man at Walmart started filming me back instead of easily looking up the transaction in their system.

Is this how you want your family to be treated, whether you are American or not. He had no business Mocking me by filming me back. I repeated to him "I am a consumer and protected by the law of this land." He was making fun of me and didn't help. The other 3 girls in the return Stand wanted to stay on his good side. If you watch the video I was a man trying to return a Roku Device to the store, I was within my return policy since I only bought them 2 weeks ago and had all the information in the world about my transaction and actual picture saved on my phone. He refused. I wanted the refund to go back to the same card purchased. He refused. Instead he wanted to call the cops and kick me out. He thought I had no visa or had some immigration issue not knowing I am a U.S. citizen.

This is how their customer service is, When his manager asked him to stay away and not filming me back while I was trying to resolve the issue with head manager he refused and continued filming me. Guys I buy tons of stuffs from #Target, #BestBuy, #Costco. #Ross, #Macy's and never had any issues with Returns. All they do is look up by my credit card. In case of #Walmart I even had the picture of the original transaction. #CHRISTOPHERWalmart Rohnert Park is a perfect example why people get dragged off #United flight. Is because of this type of people our rights are being violated specially if you have a #Accent.

#CHRISTOPHERWalmart I will post his video and asked him instead of his corporate office seeing this and say sorry why just can't he help me. He didn't care.

Please re-tweet this to all your friends at #walmart so the corporate will punish the guy for his behavior. No customer should ever go through for returning a #Roku device. I was only returning off the #Roku. Ellen DeGeneres is our only hope. She knows how to put this type of people to shame. ABC7, ABC News, KPIX-TV, KCBS Radio, CNN, CNN International, Euronews English, NBC Bay Area, NBC News, NBC, Fox News, Sean Hannity, PotusPOTUS, Mike Pence, BBB, Consumer Reports, ConsumerAffairs A-Team, Consumer Court, KTVU Fox 2, KSTS, KZST News, KZST Sonoma County's Radio Station!, KZST, Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, Better Business Bureau Serving Central California & Inland Empire Counties, Sacramento Better Business Bureau, Better Business Bureau | US, Target, Costco, Target Store Santa-Rosa-North, Target Store Santa-Rosa-South, Walmart Rohnert Park, Walmart Windsor, Macy's.

I've been trying to contact Walmart Hotline to get a copy of my receipt (because the employees at the store don't wanna help me anyway) and they MAKE ME WAIT for more than 10 minutes on a hold and then they hang up on me. EVERY TIME! I keep calling every day and more than 3 times a day. I need to get a hold of someone. The number is (479) 277-2643. All they say is: "All the representatives are still busy. Please remain on the line."

I purchased a 55 inch tv along with the warranty because I was told when I bought it and it says in the contract that screen damage is covered. My tv screen accidentally broke and Asurion denies to uphold the guarantee and will not repair or reimburse me for amount the tv costed. I would not have purchased the plan have I known that screen damage was not covered, I was led to believe that it was covered when I bought it. Walmart rewards or pays their employees to sell their insurance plans, even makes them sell the insurance plans, so I guess the employees do whatever it takes to sell them and is deceitful and illegal.

All I was offered was a refund in the amount of the plan which was $29.00 but I refused to take it because I should be reimbursed for the amount of the tv or have it fixed. That's an easy win and fix for the company if they do that to every client that tries to use the insurance they purchased, it's a scam. The item is a 55 inch Philips LED 4K Smart TV, purchase date was November 24, 2016, price was $298.00 plus tax and insurance. Purchased from Walmart store near Ft Jackson, SC, Model number is 55PFL5601/F7.

Googled Breville breadmaker. Walmart had lowest price at $197.30. When tried to order price was $230.30. I went to store to check item, told only online. Spoke with store Manager who told me I had to call Walmart.com. However, he took me to their onsite.com. The rep called in asking for the price and after several minutes I was told the store manage might honor not online would not. I pulled ad back up only to find price was changed. I went to live chat. Nora could not help, stated prices subject to change. I complained that prove did not change until call asking for advertised price.

I then asked for a manager, and spoke with Madalyn. She said sorry cannot honor. When I stated that false advertising is illegal she hung up on me ending chat. I have never had a company not honor an advertised price, let alone change it after I called asking for the product and price. Then to be hung up on is the worst service. Wal-Mart has lost another customer to Amazon. I will purchase the bread maker for $25.00 more.

I ordered two tablets to pick up at the store thinking it would be quicker than standing around waiting for someone to help us. Everything went through fine, then I receive an email saying my order is being delayed due to a payment issue. I instantly log into my bank, there it is a pending payment to Walmart.com. I use the chat option to contact support. I'm told the order is in financial review. "Excuse me but why?" Then I'm told the order is being rushed through and I could pick them up around 8pm. Go to walmart, lo and behold no processed orders. They said to wait until morning. I waited until afternoon. Still no order.

This time I called, I was told yet again financial review. BS I was advised to cancel the order and purchase in store. So I ask if the money is refunded immediately, of course not it takes 5 days. Now I'm really upset. I don't understand what the issue is. Someone should have called me if there was an issue. Now I'm being told it could be Monday or Tuesday before this is resolved. I will never, ever use walmart.com again. It is not faster, it is not easier. It's a nightmare.

The stroller I bought at Walmart was a cheap and easy using stroller for my toddler. My child was so excited to ride in it and he also liked the smooth riding. He also loved it because it had a Mickey Mouse character on it. Had the stroller for about 3 years and nothing broke on it. It folds easily but I just thought maybe it could have a cup holder on the top.

I bought a defective TV from Walmart that lasted less than three months. I first contacted the manufacturer only to be told I should return it to the place of purchase. Upon my chance to return the product for hopefully store credit or an exchange, I was met with a customer service that was disinterested in my problems and working with me for a solution. I was told that since the product broke while under their policy of a ninety day return but came in shy of a few days I was at fault and the company could not provide any consolation. I was made to believe since I could not take off work to meet the exact window of opportunity of return I was to be punished with bad customer service and a loss of $657. I got a shrug and a good luck and sent off to ponder why a company so vast could not spare a shred of kindness. I now own this most expensive paperweight and a useless proof of purchase receipt.

After a complaint, I was contacted by the assistant store manager and told again that I was in the wrong and when I voiced my opinion the conversation was abruptly ended. I will not be using Walmart for purchasing electronics and when it comes to food, I will leave this place as a last resort. Sure I don't expect Walmart to care, it shows in how they treat their customers. Lesson to be learned here: if you must buy something from Walmart make sure you set everything and everyone in your life aside should you have to return it. Otherwise if you are one day late, maybe even one hour late, you are out of luck and they will be sure to make it an experience you will regret.

As someone who has worked in customer service at multiple stores, I have always seen the customer's best interest in mind and policies followed within reason. I understand you have to have policy, and rules must be followed, but if you sacrifice people over making some extra bucks, you have become lost as a company. Walmart is lost. Fix your customer service and don't replace people with product.

I would like to address an issue with one of your Wal-Mart Pharmacy that was very displeasing and it was not the first or second time it happened. The most recent incident was on Monday May 08, 2017. On that day I sent my son to the Wal-Mart Pharmacy located at 1150 Broadway, Chula Vista, CA 91911 and he arrived there at 1:30 pm and went straight to the drop-off counter to leave my two prescriptions. He asked them how long will it take to be ready. The pharmacist replied it will be ready in about 40 minutes for your pills and as for your test strips you can pick those up when you come for your prescription. My son told them that is fine and that I will be picking up the refill later that day.

So around 4:45 pm that day I arrived at the Wal-Mart and went straight to the pickup counter with my receipt. The pharmacists took my receipt and went to the computer and came back after a minute and said the prescription was not ready, it will be ready in 40 minutes. I said that's fine, I stayed at Wal-Mart shopping and went back to the pharmacy in 40 minutes. When I got to the counter I gave the pharmacist the receipt and this time they said we don't have your pills they might be available Tuesday or Wednesday we are not sure. At time I was angry and told them "Give me something in writing saying you don't have my prescription available", then pharmacist left the counter without excusing themselves and went to the back. Then came back after 2 minutes and said with an angry voice "I am going to take someone else's prescription and give it to".

I then gave her my second prescription which was for my tests strips, and they took it from my hand and went to the computer and came back after 30 seconds and said "Your insurance company did not approve the test strips". I at this time I was very angry and did not even want to argue with the pharmacist anymore. This could have been avoided if they would have told my son the prescription was not going to be available for another two to three days.

Seriously, if the pharmacy has their entire inventory in the computer should they not know whats available and whats not at the time the customer drops off their prescription? Instead of having me wait at the pharmacy and waste my time and day. Not to mention the aggravation they caused me, which increased my blood sugar level to 450, which I never had in my life. I am 71 years old. I don't expect to come to Wal-Mart to be treated this way and be disrespected like that. I also strongly felt that the pharmacist did not like me because I am **. I say this because the two times I went to the pharmacy and waited in line I did not see any of the other customer have issues like me. All I am seeking is an apology and I would like to be treated right. I hope you can help me with this matter because I am willing to do whatever it take to get a response.

I bought a $300.00 Happy Holidays Wal-Mart Gift card on 12/17/2016 and there was no money on the card. I went back to Wal-Mart several times and talked to 4 managers at the local store #3391 in Schertz, Texas. They told me they can't do anything as far giving me my money back and told me to call the phone number on the back of the card which I did and when you call the number you can't get through to anyone. I went back to the store and assistant manager called a different # and told me to send the information to them and I did. Nothing happened with the card company and they told to call Wal-Mart and get help from them. I even contacted Wal-Mart's Corporate office and they were not able to help me. End of this story is no one was able to help me they couldn't give me any activity print out as to where my money went to and I am still out $300.00. Don't know what else to do.

I tried to add an item to my cart and got a box that said I need to provide my name because MFG is charging lower price. There was no option to add to cart without entering my name. So I purchased from Amazon instead.

Wal-Mart has the worse customer service. Supervisors and managers ever annoying as all **. Initial call to customer service - pleasant associate unable to help me. Will have supervisor contact me within 48 hours. No calls. I called management 2/3 weeks later, I get an agitated supervisor. Can't help me. Will connect me to another upper manager. Will call me back. It goes on and on...

Finally have some resolution - get a call middle of my very busy work day. Here 30 days and email. OK thank you. Thinking I have 30 days to ship back items... not realizing I had to sign a RA within a certain timeframe then had 30 days to return. Out of town... check my email. Oops I missed the signature cut off by 2 hours. OMG... call ASAP. Now they cannot do a thing. "System won't allow yada, yada, yada too bad... Have a nice day and thank you for calling Wal-Mart." Horrible waste of time and energy. Please do yourself a favor... shop anywhere but Wal-Mart. I know I do now.

I worked for Wal-Mart for 3 1/2 years, but only 1 1/2 for this manager. For 8 months my department was short 3 people but the same amount of work was expected to get done. I called in sick and when I returned this store manager told me, on the sales floor, that calling in sick was unacceptable while we were so short handed. Never in the 1 1/2 years did he ever say good job or looks nice. The maintenance department is so shorthanded that at times we have no one to cover the day shift so until the night crew comes the store goes without being cleaned all day. This kind of environment is unhealthy for employees and customers.

When you don't have enough employees to do the work you need done after a while it is going to start causing workers to become sick physically and mentally, it is unfair to demand so much from such underpaid workers for so long. I do not see how someone who has almost 60 hours of PTO paid time off available or unused can be fired for excessive absences/tardies. Considering the fact that I was also covering 2 other departments on a regular basis I think that if you are going to work someone like 3 associates then they should also be given the benefits of 3 associates. I am so upset for having worked so hard for this manager at Wal-Mart to be used and then fired for being sick. I have never seen him in the store on a holiday or giving up every weekend for 3 1/2 years to give no compliments for all the above and way beyond, or for going the extra mile, that is what is unacceptable MARCO.

Wal-Mart Company Profile