2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.42/5
Based on 4,146 ratings submitted in the last year

Wal-Mart Reviews

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I was hesitant to order online from Walmart, but I hate going to the store and not finding what I need. I ordered two bottles of Downy, 2 large bottles of Dawn dishwashing detergent, a large bottle of Mr. Clean, and 2 large bottles of Tide. Everything but the Tide came in a couple of days after ordering. Everything was well sealed and put in baggies. I received the Tide a few days later, and the caps were not sealed with tape as the other bottles had been, and product leaked out. The bottles were in a plastic bag, so it didn't make a mess in the box, but there was a lot of wasted product. I did an online chat and let them know what happened. Within less than 2 minutes, they had ordered two replacement bottles free of charge. No hassle. I will definitely be ordering again!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

While Walmart has good prices, their search engine is horrible and cannot seem to process more than 1 or 2 filters without messing up the search results. Furthermore, better prices can often be found on Amazon and the items are often coming from the same third party seller. Walmart is trying to compete with Amazon with their next day delivery, but I haven't been able to get my time right in terms of ordering early enough to get that option even if the items are marked 'next day delivery' eligible; also, Walmart's 2 day delivery isn't as good as Amazon's.

You can order from Walmart on Monday, they don't process it until Tuesday and maybe ship that day in which you should get items by Thursday, but if they don't ship until Wednesday, items are delivered by Friday, so that's really 3 or 4 day delivery; whereas with Amazon, they give you the 'order by' countdown to have items delivered by a certain date and if you order on Monday, you'll most likely have your items in 2 days on Wednesday!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Walmart continues to work to provide Great value for people like me (Senior citizen, and Low income) as measured by average to high-quality products and the lowest price available nearby. Regardless of the opposition, Walmart is worth shopping at. Most things I buy at Walmart are as good as or better than I can get at the higher-priced store across the street from them or anywhere else in town. I think most hate Walmart because they are assuring competition among the retailers, and that actually helps us who are in the lower-income brackets. One day they will be thankful for a company like Walmart that does eat up most of your income on life's necessities. IF they are successful in destroying Walmart, they will regret having to pay the higher prices, elsewhere for lower quality products. Walmart is one of my first stops, to search for all my needs.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I shop at Walmart often. And their prices are always great. Their customer service has really failed lately. You have to check and bag all your own groceries at our Walmart... My husband and I are both in our late 70's and this is kind of hard for us to do. This is not senior friendly or disabled friendly at all. I have emailed them twice about the problem but they don't listen to the public... As far as I am concerned and a lot of other people, their customer service has really taken a big drop... Their customer service used to be excellent... We have to shop at the Walmart in Bullhead City Arizona because we live in Laughlin Nevada and we have no big grocery stores here. We are on the borderline and it just takes a few minutes to drive over there.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Two of the things I never thought I would be doing; leaving a 5 star review for a wrong order and leaving a 5 star review for Walmart, but here I am leaving a 5 star review for both of these things. We just moved to New York and ordered a full-size air mattress until our furniture arrives in a week. The mattress came, however, it was the wrong size - a twin. I called the customer service line, sure that I would have to wait on hold for an extended period and someone picked up immediately. I have to wait longer when calling American Express.

The representative was very nice and even though he wasn't able to get the correct mattress to us in time, he acknowledged the error and issued a refund and said we could use the money to grab an air mattress at a Walmart near NYC or any other store. To our surprise, we'll be heading slightly out of the way to purchase it from a Walmart. In short - excellent customer service, quickly owned up to a simple error, and had a solution.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: April 1, 2020

This is the second time, and will be my last, where I ordered something online at Walmart and delivery ends up being a week instead of a couple of days. As I'm shopping online for a certain product, I come across the item I want at Walmart. In this case, it was a golf bag. By the product it states free delivery by such and such date, which in both cases were two day delivery. This is great because it's comparable to my Amazon Prime membership. I place the order and then get a shipping notification that says I will receive my product a week later. Total bull crap. Sorry Walmart, but this is dishonest and you won't be getting any more of my hard earned dollars.

Original review: March 25, 2020

I had a problem with Sterilite 64 Qt. Latching Box White Case of 12 boxes, since 1 box was damage by shipping after I purchased from Walmart.com. After contacted with a lady "Alexa M." who works for Walmart.com I was very appreciated, she did a great job and made everything easy and fair for customer. I am very appreciated and would like to say thank you to you guys!

Original review: March 19, 2020

I ordered an item on Walmart.com that had in the description that I could return it in the store. I wasn’t satisfied with the item because I couldn’t get the according flash drive that would work with it. I needed 2, 4 or 8GB and these are not available any longer for purchase. That was the first hurdle. When I wanted to return it in Fallston, MD they told me to go to Abingdon, MD because they are set up with FedEx there. When I got to Abingdon they told me the item cannot be returned through Walmart so I had to purchase a FedEx box (thank God it was next door) and Walmart gave me a return label. Now with all this virus situation going on it was not a pleasant experience. The FedEx ladies were very nice and shipped the box off for me. Walmart needs to make sure that the descriptions on their website are accurate. I will never order from Walmart again and will tell all my friends about this ordeal.

Original review: March 15, 2020

I entered a grocery order on Thursday for Sunday delivery. I understand that some items may be out of stock but instead Walmart canceled my ENTIRE delivery on Sunday morning with no explanation. I would have shopped elsewhere on Thursday, Friday or Saturday.

Original review: March 15, 2020

This was the worst shopping experience that I have had in forty years of purchasing groceries. An employee stole my identification by entering my date of birth into the Walmart Database! Retailers must verify age through examination of a Drivers License only, NOT the recording and retention of that information! I thought picking up groceries was a solution to waiting 20 minutes in traditional Walmart checkout lines. Instead I waited 55 minutes in a hot parking lot, and received 30% of my order, including employee "substitutions" that I now need to wait in line to return! OMG! Aldi here I come!

Wal-Mart Company Information