Wal-Mart

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am here in South Florida (Pembroke Pines). A friend wired me some money a week ago thru the Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money transfer system from Detroit, MI. Usually it takes 10 minutes and you can go pick up your funds from a Wal-Mart. Well last Thursday June 8, 2017 I was wired me some money, I went into local Wal-Mart by my house to pick up the money and the lady informed me that their money transfer system was down but should be back up within an hour. After an hour I come back and their system is still down. So I come back the next day and their system is still down and I'm told all the systems in the area are down.

It's been almost a week and the Wal-Mart money system is still down, this is some BS!! I will never use Wal-Mart for any money transfer service. They are a billion dollar company and this makes no sense. They are not going to give me the interest they are making off the money they are holding. If I really need that money I would be up ** creek . I spoke with an associate at the store and she says this has happen before. DO NOT USE WAL-MART TO WAL-MART MONEY TRANSFER SERVICE. STICK WITH WESTERN UNION OR SOME OTHER REPUTABLE COMPANY.

Walmart refused to give me my money back after a documented natural disaster. In the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew, I ordered nine wicker boxes from Walmart to store things in upon returning to my flooded home. The renovation took much longer than expected. Moving five times and rebuilding was a tremendous hardship. When we finally got home and discovered the boxes did not fit the allotted space, Walmart refused to grant a credit as we were past 90 days. I drove them to the store where the most senior manager said he had no authority to make an exception.

I called customer service and explained our circumstances and was told he could do nothing. Amazon very graciously accepted a rug back under the same circumstances. I have $100 worth of baskets I cannot use and many other online options for shopping with stellar customer service for the consumer. I choose to patronize people who value my business. I will purposely avoid Walmart in the future. Selling is easy but good customer service defines the integrity of a company.

I have been a Walmart customer since 2011 making many purchases both in store and online. On 6-12-17 I purchased an item I needed before Father's Day from Walmart online, later while checking my email I saw the order was successful and then the next email said that the order was canceled because they couldn't verify the very same information they have had on file for the last six years. I went back to Walmart.com and verified all my information then called Walmart customer service and I was told everything was correct and that I could now reorder the item.

With that assurance from Walmart I ordered the product again and then the same exact thing happened again. The order was accepted again then canceled again. I went through the same steps calling Walmart customer service, re-verified everything and was given the same explanation and give the same reassurances and I was told I could now reorder the item yet again and again the order was accepted and then canceled.

To make a very long all day story short this happened 10 times. 10 orders 10 cancellations 10 account holds 10 confirmations 10 phone calls on and on and on. I asked for and was denied a $50 gift card for all of my trouble because Walmart said it would make their cost go up. I got nothing and Walmart has 10 separate holds on my account funds that will take weeks to straighten out.

They finally put a $10 gift card in my account without telling me. I think they did that so they could say that the issues were resolved but the issues remain. I will not be using the Walmart $10 gift card because I will not shopping at Walmart anymore as I have absolutely lost all confidence in Walmart's products, services and customer service. Thank you for nothing Walmart.

I placed a small order to pick up today at my local Walmart (Tilton NH). Every item was in stock but the order was split to pick up 2 items today and 3 (or 4) items tomorrow. Why? I know I could pick them myself; the reason I ordered online is because I don't have the money to buy at store - I used my PayPal credit for the order.

This is not the first time and in fact I placed 2 orders a month or two ago 2 days apart where (1) it would not let me select my local store for the second order and (2) I had to make 3 trips to a store 12 miles away as well as 3 trips to my local store over one week before I had the complete orders! (My local store is 1 mile away.) The one time I called CS about this the rep had limited English and had no idea what I was talking about. If I didn't have to use PayPal to pay I wouldn't have resorted to using this option again.

Updated 06/12/2017 - Re my review posted a few minutes ago about a stock order being split into 2 pickups over 2 days - just received email that 2 (out of 6) items ready today (Monday) (aluminum foil & pipe cleaners). 1 item (aluminum foil) ready tomorrow and last 3 items (2 coffee & hd aluminum foil) now not ready until Wednesday. So now I'm supposed to make 3 trips to Walmart to pick up these basic items!

I bought a "Fresh" Spinach: packet from Walmart (Address: 11181 Lee Hwy Fairfax, VA 22030). I did not even open the packet and I could see a living moth moving around inside the packet. I have the photos and videos of it as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

TracFone pre-paid cellphones will not activate. Spent time with the associate and TracFone and the phones will not operate. Attempted to discuss with Manager so the item would be taken off shelves. They are still there. Stay away from WalMart electronics.

My sister was stopped twice by loss prevention agents at the Palmyra Maine Walmart. First time she wasn't actually stopped but the police showed up at her house. They said she stole a wallet. She asked the police officer if they watched the camera. They stated NO. So the officer goes back to Walmart and watches the video and come to find out, a customer dropped her wallet and an employee found it but never gave it back. So that's the first set of false implications. The second time she actually got stopped after spending over $200 and accused of trying to steal flower seed packs that were in her cart lying against a plant. The cashier was too lazy to make sure she rang everything up. So the loss prevention agent said stopped her and said he watched her put the seeds in the cart???

Ok, so why are you harassing her for the second time? The employee makes a lazy mistake and the customer now has to pay for it. To me it looks as though the agent was friends with the employee that stole the wallet in the first encounter and now has it out for my sister. As soon as this second one is taken care of, she will be filing harassment charges as well as defamation charges. I'm not even going to get into them following me around the store every time I go there.

When I asked them if they had an item in stock they said they were going to check. Had me on hold for two minutes. Asked the name of the item. Kept me on hold for 10 minutes and then hung up on me. This is to warn people not to call customer service for Walmart.

I received my order today and as a result of how it was package, one of the bags of Epsom Salts broke, because of the heavy weight of another item in the package and I had Epsom salt everywhere. I called customer service and it started off ok, they refunded me the purchase price, but then expected me to pay the Shipping Fee!! After I explained it was damaged due to the neglect of how the package was packed, I shouldn't have to pay these fees. They finally came back and waived the shipping fee, but then when I went online to reorder the product, it wanted me to pay another $5.00 for a handling fee?? Are you kidding me - I again call Customer Service and was told I would have to pay it because my order didn't exceed $25. I was then told to add more to my order to get it us to $25!!!

I'm astounded a "Customer Service Supervisor" would even suggest such a thing. I spent over that with my original order and shouldn't have to pay to replace an item that got damaged as a result of them not packing the order correctly. I'm not sure where their Customer Service department is located, but I found the 3 different individuals I spoke to very difficult to understand and one guy spoke so quickly, that I had to ask him to slow down and to speak clearer, because I couldn't understand anything he was saying. Therefore, I will no longer use nor recommend using their online shopping to anyone.

I have ordered online - bike rack Order #** from Wal-Mart on 31st May 2017. While I was waiting my order I got an email on 5th June 2017 that order is canceled as "Customer changed mind". I got another email from marketplace vendor that we are out of stock for this order so can not ship this order. I checked. The same product was available on the site but at much higher price. When I contact Wal-Mart they said we can't do anything as this was the marketplace order from deals only. I feel like I am cheated because I trusted Wal-Mart site.

I recently purchased 2 trailer tires and wheels, normally I go to Discount Tire or Big O, I have two trucks and 2 trailers. I noticed my trailer tires were losing about 15 lbs. of air pressure in a week so I aired them up and again. Today I stopped at the Wal-Mart in Anthem, AZ. where I bought them, and I was informed there was nothing they could do for me, not even repair them! No warranty, no fix! You are S.O.L.! Not even check the valve stem to see if it was loose! I aired tires up and left. Lesson learned when buying tires: always ask about warranty! From now on I take all of my business elsewhere, including clothing, groceries, what ever else. I average about 5 to 600.00 a month there, but not anymore! My account may be accessed thru my phone number to verify my purchase.

I am disabled and on oxygen 24/7. Thought that Walmart's ship-to-home would be ideal for someone like me, so I ordered my items online to be shipped to my home on June 1. Walmart took the money out of my account on June 2, saying that delivery would be June 3. On June 3 they told me delivery would be June 6. When it still wasn't here June 7 I called them and they said it had been damaged in transit and returned to them, and the order had been cancelled!!! I asked why I hadn't been notified and was informed it was "an oversight" on their part. The young lady on the phone took my info, placed my order again (assuring me I would not be charged again - I hope not! ), and my items would be here June 9. Now I get an email this morning that I will not get my items until June 13!! You won't keep my business this way Walmart!

I purchased "School of Sardines" Catnip Sardines 50 ct. They sent me ONE Catnip Sardine and told me that it was a typo and they would NOT send the other 49 for the price advertised. When did one sardine become a SCHOOL of Sardines? You cannot believe what they advertise and I would definitely purchase my products elsewhere or someplace more honest.

Walmart sent me a gift card for a food item that was no good (because someone sliced it with the box cutter when opening the box). When I tried to activate the card it was no good because Walmart had deactivated the card. After being transferred from one person to another for over an hour I gave up. Why send a refund that is no good? They do not care about customer service. If I could give no stars I would.

Wal-Mart.com had Baby Alive Super Snacks Snackin listed $2.99 out of stock. I left my email. My 9 yr old was told I would get this for her. Next I get email stating in stock BUT the price was now $59.99.

I'm so sick of being followed in the store because of my color. It first started when a old ** lady seen me pick up a clothing that I wanted and she looked at me and shooked her head and told me to put it down. Then every time I go to the dressing room I sit there and count my clothing in their face and they snatch it right out my hand to count it again and again going in to make sure and again coming out to make sure it's still there. Every time they say it's store policy, but why not do it to the other two ** women who had the same amount as me. So it's y'all policy to only follow and make sure the ** people don't steal. I graduated with ** honors and +4.0 GPA. I won a $100 gift card, but I don't feel safe when I go there, so I sold to my ** friend. To make sure I had a witness, my friend went in and picked up the same thing and had no problem. I believe y'all are a great store but y'all employees are wrong and racists.

I tried purchasing Pampers brand diapers that were on sale. An associate called me that day and told me that they were out of stock. I said that was fine, I was willing to wait a week until they had them in. This morning the same associate called me again to inform me that there had been a "pricing error" on their website and that I needed to cancel my order in order to be refunded. When I called their corporate number they claimed that this sort of thing happens a lot. Why bother having a website to order from if you can't even get the prices right. Needless to say, I will NEVER order from Walmart.com again and I don't think I will be patronizing their stores anytime soon.

I recently ordered a large amount of items from Walmart.com. Upon arrival, I found that almost all my purchased items were stuffed in one giant box, which was about 30 inches long, 24 inches wide, and 20 inches deep. It held over a dozen items, and weighed about 40-45 pounds. This box was insufficiently taped, and as soon as it was brought to my door, the bottom broke, sending the contents all over my porch. In the past, I have received packages that were also insufficiently taped, but never to this extent. I wish that when people pack items, they would pay more attention to how much they put in and how little tape they put on such a heavy box. If something like this occurs again in the future, I will no longer be shopping at Walmart online.

I ordered a Ozark tent and it broke on the first set up and needed a part to fix it. I contacted Ozark Tents who never answer their phone and you get voice mail. They also don't return your call for days but when they do you can't get back in touch to order the part. I called Walmart several times and then called corporate that never got back to me and today I spent 2 hours on the phone wasting my time to only have Amy a escalation person who was 0 help and did nothing to help return it or find a part to fix it. I will never order anything from Walmart again based on this experience and poor ignorant customer service representatives.

Walmart employees never show you where to find the product you're looking for when you ask where to find something. They need to really work with their employees to provide good customer service. They need some work.

In Jan. I had taken an item back to Wal-Mart that was still in the box with no issues. The person at the counter offered me a gift card that would have the money on it, I said, "Okay." Never accept these gift cards because they will not give you cash back unless there is less than $10 left on the card. It seems to me that this is illegal that they are basically forcing you to spend your money at Wal-Mart. It's my money not Wal-Marts.

Yesterday I bought training panties for my grandbaby. When I opened the pkg to put on her I noticed dark stains then the second pair too and the third. Come on when has Walmart put used panties on the shelves? So upsetting. Don't think I will shop at a Walmart again.

Every other time I go to buy items at Wal-Mart, I get overcharged at the register for at least one or two items. If you ask me, I think this is done on purpose in order for Wal-Mart to increase their revenue. There should be a federal probe into this behavior. I will not shop there anymore. This has happened to me several times.

Two days ago I got kicked out from Walmart yesterday morning as I was checking out. The lady insisted they had 'pictures of my boyfriend and I' but wouldn't go into detail other than, "You need to leave and never come back." She was POSITIVE it was me, even though I told her I am certain she had to be confusing me for someone else and would like to see this said evidence of whatever it is I had 'done' as I calmly died inside. She refused. I left, tail between my legs while everyone watched me look and feel like a complete fool.

Called the manager, finally got it squared away an hour or so later and of course... I was completely mistaken for someone else! Ahhh. Total embarrassment and frustration. Oh but wait, they offered me a $50 gift certificate to remedy the situation for the lovely experience I went through. Cool and thanks, mistakes happen, but I've been going there since they've opened and this lady had been my cashier many times so the thought of being confused for someone else blew my mind.

I fell at Wal-Mart back in January at Walmart front walkway while it was cold, snowing and icy. They had absolutely no ice melt or salt down that day in the main walkway in the front. I had parked in the very front to let my 80 year old mother out to return a vacuum so she wouldn't have to walk through the snowy parking lot and fall with the vacuum.

When we got inside, she realized she didn't have her receipt so I went back out to the car to get it and when I went to come back in, fell right in front behind their planter box. Of course I got up and was hurting pretty bad and hobbled back in their store and reported it to management what had happened in which they filled out an incident report and the manager there joked about how "I don't think we even have any salt!" Wow. Really?? Wal-Mart doesn't have salt?? Especially, none out on the main walkway in January in the bad weather. I ended up having to go in and get xrays and met with a doctor and he verified my ankle was broken.

I missed a week of work which we all know that means a loss of income. Wal-Mart started a "claim incident report" with their claim adjuster. All I was asking them was to pay for the couple of medical expenses from falling and the week of work I missed. The adjuster called back today and said that they determined that they weren't reliable for any thing since they have no control of the weather. LOL. Really??? Like any one does! But they did have control of keeping their main walkway safe by keeping ice melt down.

So I will be moving forward with my attorney that I have already contacted. I think it's so nuts that they are a multi billion dollar company that can't even be fair enough to pay out for medical costs from not being responsible enough to put salt down. How hard is that?? And taking the risk of paying out thousands of dollars from a law suit rather than paying such a small amount for a couple of medical expenses. Wal-Mart has given the word GREEDY a new meaning. I have never liked them.

I hardly ever went in their stores anyways after I had read the big article in how inhumane the food company was with animals where Wal-Mart purchases their meat (not to mention is such TERRIBLE quality). I only went in once in a while if it was late and nothing else was open. At this point, I will NEVER support a Wal-Mart store again. After reading all the bad reviews on them, and I mean there are thousands! It's obvious because they are so big, they can treat their customers however they want and losing one more customer means absolutely nothing to them. They are scumbags that will someday get their day and it Won't be a good day! There is always someone else out there. Bigger and better. It's just a matter of time. So long Wal-Mart!

Horrible! Paid for barstools suppose to be delivered on 05/12. On the day of the delivery the tracking number stated that it was to return to sender. Same day contacted Walmart, told they would reship it and expedite it with no extra charge. On 05/17 still haven't received a tracking number. Again contacted Walmart, said something went wrong in the process stage. They offered 10% discount and have it reordered and expedited a third time. On 05/18 still haven't received the new order number, the rep was not useful or understanding. Didn't provide me a tracking number, or the discount I was told and said the order is cancelled because now it's out of stock. Honestly never again order from Walmart. Every explanation I've been given is vague and every rep kept giving me different excuses.

Another Scandal, Forget United Airlines. Walmart treats you like you are some kind of criminal. Please repost for the whole world to see specially WalmartPR, Wal-Mart Headquarters, Bentonville, Arkansas. #Walmart is no longer a safe place to shop. Tried to return a gift I bought for Mother's Day from the same store in Rohnert Park, CA and had an actual picture of the receipt on my phone showing bar code, transaction ID and the last 4 digit of my AMEX and store refused to issue a refund. Store clerk said she will be fired, other said will lose her job, the assistant manager was nasty and came face to face with me and attempted assault just because I was from another country. I started filming him once I felt threatened and CHRISTOPHER the macho man at Walmart started filming me back instead of easily looking up the transaction in their system.

Is this how you want your family to be treated, whether you are American or not. He had no business Mocking me by filming me back. I repeated to him "I am a consumer and protected by the law of this land." He was making fun of me and didn't help. The other 3 girls in the return Stand wanted to stay on his good side. If you watch the video I was a man trying to return a Roku Device to the store, I was within my return policy since I only bought them 2 weeks ago and had all the information in the world about my transaction and actual picture saved on my phone. He refused. I wanted the refund to go back to the same card purchased. He refused. Instead he wanted to call the cops and kick me out. He thought I had no visa or had some immigration issue not knowing I am a U.S. citizen.

This is how their customer service is, When his manager asked him to stay away and not filming me back while I was trying to resolve the issue with head manager he refused and continued filming me. Guys I buy tons of stuffs from #Target, #BestBuy, #Costco. #Ross, #Macy's and never had any issues with Returns. All they do is look up by my credit card. In case of #Walmart I even had the picture of the original transaction. #CHRISTOPHERWalmart Rohnert Park is a perfect example why people get dragged off #United flight. Is because of this type of people our rights are being violated specially if you have a #Accent.

#CHRISTOPHERWalmart I will post his video and asked him instead of his corporate office seeing this and say sorry why just can't he help me. He didn't care.

Please re-tweet this to all your friends at #walmart so the corporate will punish the guy for his behavior. No customer should ever go through for returning a #Roku device. I was only returning off the #Roku. Ellen DeGeneres is our only hope. She knows how to put this type of people to shame. ABC7, ABC News, KPIX-TV, KCBS Radio, CNN, CNN International, Euronews English, NBC Bay Area, NBC News, NBC, Fox News, Sean Hannity, PotusPOTUS, Mike Pence, BBB, Consumer Reports, ConsumerAffairs A-Team, Consumer Court, KTVU Fox 2, KSTS, KZST News, KZST Sonoma County's Radio Station!, KZST, Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, Better Business Bureau Serving Central California & Inland Empire Counties, Sacramento Better Business Bureau, Better Business Bureau | US, Target, Costco, Target Store Santa-Rosa-North, Target Store Santa-Rosa-South, Walmart Rohnert Park, Walmart Windsor, Macy's.

I've been trying to contact Walmart Hotline to get a copy of my receipt (because the employees at the store don't wanna help me anyway) and they MAKE ME WAIT for more than 10 minutes on a hold and then they hang up on me. EVERY TIME! I keep calling every day and more than 3 times a day. I need to get a hold of someone. The number is (479) 277-2643. All they say is: "All the representatives are still busy. Please remain on the line."

I purchased a 55 inch tv along with the warranty because I was told when I bought it and it says in the contract that screen damage is covered. My tv screen accidentally broke and Asurion denies to uphold the guarantee and will not repair or reimburse me for amount the tv costed. I would not have purchased the plan have I known that screen damage was not covered, I was led to believe that it was covered when I bought it. Walmart rewards or pays their employees to sell their insurance plans, even makes them sell the insurance plans, so I guess the employees do whatever it takes to sell them and is deceitful and illegal.

All I was offered was a refund in the amount of the plan which was $29.00 but I refused to take it because I should be reimbursed for the amount of the tv or have it fixed. That's an easy win and fix for the company if they do that to every client that tries to use the insurance they purchased, it's a scam. The item is a 55 inch Philips LED 4K Smart TV, purchase date was November 24, 2016, price was $298.00 plus tax and insurance. Purchased from Walmart store near Ft Jackson, SC, Model number is 55PFL5601/F7.

Googled Breville breadmaker. Walmart had lowest price at $197.30. When tried to order price was $230.30. I went to store to check item, told only online. Spoke with store Manager who told me I had to call Walmart.com. However, he took me to their onsite.com. The rep called in asking for the price and after several minutes I was told the store manage might honor not online would not. I pulled ad back up only to find price was changed. I went to live chat. Nora could not help, stated prices subject to change. I complained that prove did not change until call asking for advertised price.

I then asked for a manager, and spoke with Madalyn. She said sorry cannot honor. When I stated that false advertising is illegal she hung up on me ending chat. I have never had a company not honor an advertised price, let alone change it after I called asking for the product and price. Then to be hung up on is the worst service. Wal-Mart has lost another customer to Amazon. I will purchase the bread maker for $25.00 more.

Wal-Mart Company Profile