Wal-Mart
3.54/5
Based on 5,204 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Wal-Mart

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Wal-Mart Reviews

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I was hesitant to order online from Walmart, but I hate going to the store and not finding what I need. I ordered two bottles of Downy, 2 large bottles of Dawn dishwashing detergent, a large bottle of Mr. Clean, and 2 large bottles of Tide. Everything but the Tide came in a couple of days after ordering. Everything was well sealed and put in baggies. I received the Tide a few days later, and the caps were not sealed with tape as the other bottles had been, and product leaked out. The bottles were in a plastic bag, so it didn't make a mess in the box, but there was a lot of wasted product. I did an online chat and let them know what happened. Within less than 2 minutes, they had ordered two replacement bottles free of charge. No hassle. I will definitely be ordering again!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

While Walmart has good prices, their search engine is horrible and cannot seem to process more than 1 or 2 filters without messing up the search results. Furthermore, better prices can often be found on Amazon and the items are often coming from the same third party seller. Walmart is trying to compete with Amazon with their next day delivery, but I haven't been able to get my time right in terms of ordering early enough to get that option even if the items are marked 'next day delivery' eligible; also, Walmart's 2 day delivery isn't as good as Amazon's.

You can order from Walmart on Monday, they don't process it until Tuesday and maybe ship that day in which you should get items by Thursday, but if they don't ship until Wednesday, items are delivered by Friday, so that's really 3 or 4 day delivery; whereas with Amazon, they give you the 'order by' countdown to have items delivered by a certain date and if you order on Monday, you'll most likely have your items in 2 days on Wednesday!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Two of the things I never thought I would be doing; leaving a 5 star review for a wrong order and leaving a 5 star review for Walmart, but here I am leaving a 5 star review for both of these things. We just moved to New York and ordered a full-size air mattress until our furniture arrives in a week. The mattress came, however, it was the wrong size - a twin. I called the customer service line, sure that I would have to wait on hold for an extended period and someone picked up immediately. I have to wait longer when calling American Express.

The representative was very nice and even though he wasn't able to get the correct mattress to us in time, he acknowledged the error and issued a refund and said we could use the money to grab an air mattress at a Walmart near NYC or any other store. To our surprise, we'll be heading slightly out of the way to purchase it from a Walmart. In short - excellent customer service, quickly owned up to a simple error, and had a solution.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

The employees are wonderful and always very helpful. Sometimes it takes an extra minute to understand them or them me (I chose to study Latin in high school, not Tagalog. My bad.) The management has not always been as patient or helpful. Once I asked a woman that had been pointed out as a manager to ask a question. I had to follow her around even after I had gotten her attention! When, with a sigh, it appeared I was not giving up she turned to me with a huff and asked me "What I wanted?!" I proceeded to ask her why there were no cashiers other than self service, open. She said they must all be on break and started to talk to another employee.

I, rather perturbed by now, pointed out she had TWO employees working to assist self service (which I will never use EVER) and could she not take one of them to work as a cashier? I was abruptly told that NO, they were all assigned stations they could not change, turned and walked away. Hmph! I still shop here but it's only because it's the only store of its nature within an hour's drive!!! I ended up waiting for a cashier to make my purchase and when I told her what had happened she simply said they want more customers using self service and swiftly looked over her shoulder to make sure no one HEARD her!!!!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Walmart is one of the best stores anyone can go to and find everything you need in one awesome store, love my Walmart. I recently went in. Was looking for a couple small things for Christmas. Wasn't sure really what I wanted to get my niece and my best friend. As I look into the woman's department everything was clearanced. I found so many beautiful tops and the price was amazing. Couldn't believe Walmart had everything at a low price. Between my niece and my best friend I spent ten dollars on each and got some really cute tops and legit. Fresh food was definitely out. Didn't have to go to another store to get everything I needed. Store was very clean and people were really nice. Didn't have to wait for a cashier to fix any of the prices. Everything scanned just what it was marked down to. Thank you to the wonderful people at Walmart for making me feel great and being amazing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I returned a fan to the Titusville, PA Walmart (Store # 5360) on 09/26/2019. I stated that there was nothing wrong with the item and that I just did not find the noise it created pleasing. Walmart approved the refund in store and refunded $16.14 to my debit card. To my distaste I saw that Walmart Store #5360 charged my card for $16.14 four days later on 09/30/2019. The store recharged my card for the item AFTER inspecting and approving the return of said item. It's not about the money, it's about the integrity of Corporate America.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

Falken Sincera SN250 A/S 185/55R15 82 V Tire. Fair warning, stay clear of these tires. They are sold at Walmart through a 3rd. party that sells used tires. After 2 weeks of going back and forth with Walmart about the status of the tires and when they are going to be delivered, they finally arrived at Walmart. WOW I was shocked when they finally arrived and I went to Walmart to have the tires installed (the tires were used on dirty). I wrote so many emails to Walmart to get a replacement on the tires because they were used. Walmart email responses were they were sorry for the inconvenience and they dropped the ball - yet nothing was done to replace the tires I got. Eventually all my emails fell on deaf ears. Do not buy these tires from Walmart.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I had a Walmart online account (non-Credit Card type) that I wanted closed after noticing some oddities. I called first, only to get a foreign customer service agent who couldn't seem to understand the situation. So I decided to try the Walmart Online Chat. I initiated the chat and advised them of my need to close my account. They asked for my email (no password), I Obliged. They proceeded to "deactivate" my account. I advised them I didn't want it deactivated, I wanted it closed. They claimed it was the same thing.

However, Walmart online literature will tell you that a "deactivated" account can be reactivated, per request. I didn't want a chance of identity theft so I again asked to have my account closed. They passed me off multiple times. For over a hour that I stayed vigilant until I received a message stating "account closed". Along with this message I was informed there was NO chance to recover info. I ended chat. Then I attempted to log back in and it said "This account is closed". So they passed that test, but... Then I initiated another online chat (since I read about reactivation of "deactivated" accounts and had had in my possession a Account Deactivated and Account Closed statement email) and the Walmart Online Chat Representative asked for my email, I Obliged. No password was given (please note this).

I then asked could they reopen my account (which was now Closed, "with no way of reopening") and she said Yes, we can reopen your account. There was not supposed to be anyway to reopen that account. Per the email stating "Account Closed", I could only make a new account but never reopen the old account. So what happened? Be Careful folks....

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I bought an air mattress from the Ripley WV Walmart. I went to put it up Monday evening and the thing was so disgusting. It has mildew all over, a dirty band aid stuck to it. It's been cut with a knife. It's just awful and the sad part is I call and they tell me I have 7 days to exchange it.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Went to the Walmart in Flagstaff on Huntington. Approached a service member a young guy with dirty black hair looked like he was a homeless person. Wery rude and very unhelpful. Why do I even go in there any more. The people they hire are the worst. His name tag said Chris **.

Wal-Mart Company Information