3.55/5
Based on 5,232 ratings submitted in the last year

7107 Wal-Mart Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

The employees are wonderful and always very helpful. Sometimes it takes an extra minute to understand them or them me (I chose to study Latin in high school, not Tagalog. My bad.) The management has not always been as patient or helpful. Once I asked a woman that had been pointed out as a manager to ask a question. I had to follow her around even after I had gotten her attention! When, with a sigh, it appeared I was not giving up she turned to me with a huff and asked me "What I wanted?!" I proceeded to ask her why there were no cashiers other than self service, open. She said they must all be on break and started to talk to another employee.

I, rather perturbed by now, pointed out she had TWO employees working to assist self service (which I will never use EVER) and could she not take one of them to work as a cashier? I was abruptly told that NO, they were all assigned stations they could not change, turned and walked away. Hmph! I still shop here but it's only because it's the only store of its nature within an hour's drive!!! I ended up waiting for a cashier to make my purchase and when I told her what had happened she simply said they want more customers using self service and swiftly looked over her shoulder to make sure no one HEARD her!!!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Customer service at our local Walmarts is satisfactory. There is always someone around to ask a question of or for assistance. Checkouts are smooth and efficient. Prices are another subject. Walmart rarely has sales where there are sufficient cents or dollars off to warrant extra purchase. Also, not having sales doesn't give incentive to shop at Walmart for extra savings. Prices compared to another local grocery store are high. Most Walmart store brands in respect to food do not taste as good as other groceries store brands. Pet food prices and supplies as well as variety are equal to other stores and satisfy basic needs. One action of Walmart that has caused disappointment is their removal of firearms and reduction of the size of their sporting goods departments.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I have been in some not good Walmart stores but the one in Pueblo West is amazingly clean, organized and well stocked. The sales associates are helpful and even enthusiastic. It got even better when they installed self checkout stations near the doors on both ends of the store cutting the checkout lines to virtually zero. It seems they reorganize the departments very often which sometimes makes things a little hard to find. I had stopped going to Walmart all together until I went to the one in Pueblo West for an air filter for my truck and now it is often my first source for a lot of items. They will even match or beat the Amazon price on many items.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Walmart is one of the best stores anyone can go to and find everything you need in one awesome store, love my Walmart. I recently went in. Was looking for a couple small things for Christmas. Wasn't sure really what I wanted to get my niece and my best friend. As I look into the woman's department everything was clearanced. I found so many beautiful tops and the price was amazing. Couldn't believe Walmart had everything at a low price. Between my niece and my best friend I spent ten dollars on each and got some really cute tops and legit. Fresh food was definitely out. Didn't have to go to another store to get everything I needed. Store was very clean and people were really nice. Didn't have to wait for a cashier to fix any of the prices. Everything scanned just what it was marked down to. Thank you to the wonderful people at Walmart for making me feel great and being amazing.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Overall Walmart does have many items to choose from. Unfortunately, many times they are out of specific brand names. It makes me wonder if they might be pushing their store brand. The employees are quite helpful and polite at my local store. I shop here at least weekly and can usually find exactly what I want. But I have noticed that Walmart quality and services seems to change from location to location. An example is the Walmart at Monroeville, Alabama location seems to have lesser quality clothing and less varieties of food. An example is trying to find a fresh corned beef. Virtually impossible! The friendliness and helpfulness of the employees here was much less than at my local store. This made me appreciate my store. Overall I enjoy my experience at my Calhoun Walmart.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: July 21, 2019

After being about 3 hours online I decided to apply for the credit card since they offered me $25 dollars. Once I applied when I was checking out I was asked for the security 3 numbers from the back of my plastic, which obviously hasn't arrive yet. Many calls to the 1-800 and no one could helped me. Now I'm with an inquiry in my credit score, I haven't purchased my stuff and I have to wait for the plastic to arrive. You are doing it wrong WALMART, it's all about service, no wonder why eBay and Amazon are leading nowadays.

Original review: July 17, 2019

My order #Order ** for an exercise bike. I went to Walmart.com and CLICK return the item (unopened since I bought the wrong item). I was given an instruction to return the item to the store so I printed it and also called the customer service if I can return the item to the store and they confirmed that I can return to the store. I paid $100 for a truck to take my package to Walmart store and when I tried to return the item Walmart the store refused to take it. I finally shipped it to the Walmart Returns and they received it on July 5. And, it's July 17 and they have not refunded my money. Walmart Online has very poor return management and customer service are not properly educated to handle calls or complains.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I thought that this Microwave was going to be a good one, ha, what a joke. I thought that because it was the same size physically as my old that died, and it was less power at 700 Watts instead of 1100 Watts and fit above the Fridge in the opening. I set up the "Clock" as usual but when I warmed up some cold coffee the inside sweat bullets, moisture droplets all over...! I wiped it out with a paper towel, but it kept producing this same amount of moisture every time. After a while the enamel which appears to be baked on inside started flaking off and there was rust under the flakes. Now the whole thing is destroyed inside and I'll have to replace it soon...!

Original review: July 14, 2019

Put the wrong size tires on my car caused damage. Walmart does not fix it mistakes they just take from the customer. Do not use the Auto center. The Walmart is in Batavia New York. Management lie as if Walmart really care for his customers. They denied all wrongdoing and close the case without a real investigation.

Original review: July 13, 2019

Walmart needs to stop hiding the negative reviews on their website. For some time now I have noticed that there are very few or 0 negative reviews on most products on Walmart's website. If the product is bad enough that you have to hide the negative reviews find another Product to sell. Stop trying to sell us junk and then give us a hard time when we want to return it.

Wal-Mart Company Information