2.07/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 21, 2018

5740 Wal-Mart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 21, 2018

This is a sad story. I researched best bed pillows and found, believe it or not, that Walmart offered the highest rated. I ordered two for $125.00. In a few weeks, I received a shipment of two large, put-together-yourself wooden bookshelves in heavy boxes. I had no idea who ordered the shelves and began asking my neighbors if they had ordered them. The following week I received two more. A month or so passed and I called about the pillows that never arrived. I was told that Walmart's skew number was incorrect and for each pillow I received two shelves instead.

I was sent two labels - for four boxes? I called back for two more labels to return the bookshelves. I'm 66 years old and couldn't lift the heavy boxes to deliver them to a UPS store. I asked about UPS picking them up and was told they didn't do that. Today I've put the labels on the boxes and will deliver them myself to a UPS store. Hopefully a nice young man with muscles will help me unload them. And even more important, I'm hoping I get my $125 back from Walmart!!!

Original review: April 18, 2018

I ordered a photo blanket for a gift. First, it took over an hour to order it because the site kept deleting my pictures. Then 12 days later when I called to find out why it hadn't been delivered I was told it was lost!!! I asked how they knew but never got a good answer. Was on chat for at least a half hour with no good answers other than it's lost!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 18, 2018

I made a payment to my Walmart credit card on 4/17/18 and the next day I got a late fee for no reason. When I call customer service asking why I'm getting a late fee. She said that, "Your payment hasn't posted," that why I got a fee. Told her that I paid on time and shouldn't get a late and she got a attitude. So I ask for a manager the like 5 times or more. I finally spoke Tiara the manager and I let her know that I did like the Rep attitude and trying to get the late fee resolve. It was waste of time talk to manager and Rep that I could barely understand. They were no help with my situation. All they can do is blame it on the system and it will take 48 hours to fall off. I paid my Walmart credit card on same day and I never got a fee until today.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I ordered a facial concealer/highlighter from Walmart.com (Hai Jing Yuan Technology Hong Kong Co. Limited). The package was "Accepted" on March 25, 2018 in Rowland Heights, CA. There were 3 other items on this order number that arrived on time as stated, however this particular item was set to arrive on April 5, 2018. It is now April 16, 2018 and I STILL haven't received this item. Through all the emails between myself, Walmart (who claims no responsibility) and Hai Jing Yuan (who states the post office's tracking system malfunctioned), I've been told I will receive my item within 7 days (that was 3 days ago) and Hai Jing Yuan offered me a partial refund of $4 and I keep the product (HAVEN'T SEEN THE ITEM NOR THE PARTIAL REFUND).

My issue with this whole ordeal is that the item is coming from China by way of Rowland Heights, CA meaning I was duped into thinking this product was coming from a company in CA to arrive on said due date of April 5, 2018 only to find out it's coming straight from China - AND Walmart is okay with their customers being treated like this???

I told Hai Jing Yuan AND Walmart to keep the money AND the product and that I will be filing a complaint against BOTH of them for fraudulent practices. I canceled my Walmart account and deleted the Walmart.com app. I'm STILL waiting for my concealer in the mail, Walmart could only say they were sending my concern to "higher authorities" - yeah, right, I won't be holding my breath for that one. I even tried to do a return on the item I never received and the order number information keeps sending me back to Hai Jing Yuan, who in turn keeps telling me the item is on its way, check the USPS tracking number (see image attached). This is ridiculous!!!

Original review: April 16, 2018

Whoever orders online regularly should notice this change. Walmart claims you get free shipping when you spend $35.00. Well I loved getting everything from them because I am for one disabled and I live 100 miles from the nearest Walmart, plus I am on a fixed income. What I notice they are now doing is charging more if you have the item delivered than if you picked it up at the store yourself. I don't see that as free shipping. Is this a loophole they have found? Is this a sort of fraud? It looks like a nasty trick to me and my intelligence has been insulted. Has anyone else noticed this? Stop it Walmart. I feel cheated! I've been pretty loyal to Walmart for years and years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: April 14, 2018

My husband and I decided to go 3 days at the lake fishing because he was gonna have a 3 days weekend. We decided this on Monday. I ordered floats tubes at Costco and spent extra money for the 2 days delivery, same thing with Academy for the fishing gear. We needed waders and the best price was at Walmart. I ordered them on Tuesday, 2 days delivery. Well, on Friday everything arrived including my husband 's wader but mine is missing. I call Walmart, they don't take responsibility and transfer me to FedEx. FedEx tracked my wader and found out that Walmart didn't ship in on Wednesday like they were supposed to do (someone messed up at their warehouse I supposed) and shipped late Thursday night. So my wader was still in Texas on Friday evening (we live in Southern California) and I couldn't even pick it up.

I ask if there was any other similar product available here in San Diego and they said they could not give me a different product and the wader I ordered was not available anywhere near me. I told them I had to leave the next morning for the 3 days vacation and they didn't care. They ask me 'What do you want me to do for you?' I replied that I wanted my wader!!! That I was gonna delay my vacation and just go for 2 days if my wader could come here the next day but no. They can't do anything. They tried to blame Google Express for this but even if I ordered through Google Express, I place the order on Walmart. This was Walmart fault!!! They made the mistake at the warehouse and ship my item too late!!! How can Google has anything to do with Walmart warehouse?!! We all entrusted Walmart to do what they were supposed to do but they failed.

At the end Google Express give me 25$ coupon and were very nice and polite. They apologize but still 25$ is not buying my vacation and the hundreds of $ I spent for this trip. Also Considering I drove over 100 miles to found a wader after I found out Walmart messed up and still didn't found it anywhere. There is a reason I ordered online. But at least Google Express give me the coupon and was nice and understanding. Walmart didn't give me anything. They try to blame anyone else when they are the problem. Their service is poor, they don't do what they promise and they don't care about you. I think The only reason they are still in business is because they can lower the price of products.

Thank you for ruining my vacation Walmart. I sure never gonna order through you anymore. In fact I already place another order through Target. I understand sometimes mistakes or errors happen but is up to you and your service to found a solution for the problems you cause. I suggested to pick up the item myself even to purchase a different item that was available in my area and then return the other product when it would have arrived but Walmart doesn't even TRY to help you out after they made the mistake. Looks like we are just a number on their eyes, not people. I sure used to shop a lot at Walmart but I am not going to anymore and I will start shopping somewhere else. As you can see on the picture below it says arrives by Friday not Monday, 2 days delivery not 6 days!!!

Original review: April 13, 2018

I purchased a BeautySleep Sanford Plush Mattress from Walmart.com and my mattress arrived at my door in horrible condition. The man who delivered it, from the start, asked me to get up into the small delivery truck and take a look at my purchase. Upon inspection, the plastic protection at the front (top) of the mattress had been broken open in several places, and the material/top of the mattress was embedded with oily-black semi-trailer brake dust, or some sort of black STAINS! The delivery driver said that I could reject the delivery but that it would probably be best if I just ACCEPT DELIVERY, and he had me take photos of not only his original delivery invoice, which proved that his company had received the mattress in its horrible condition, but he also told me to take photos of the mattress; as he took photos of his own of the mattress once he had brought it up to my house.

The mattress was under $300.00, so it was a cheap purchase, but this should not mean that I should have had to accept a filthy mattress. Thanks to the WALMART.COM's choice of shipping/deliverers (Pilot Freight Services), and thanks to the fact that WALMART chooses to not respond to my complaints/photo proofs that THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE, entirely--I now have a brand new mattress which I've attempted to deep shampoo the top of, just so that I can now store it away in better shape than it was received, as I now wait for another, hopefully, better mattress which I've ordered from a local furniture store.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I ordered 25 (18x12x6) boxes from the vendor The Boxery. I didn't receive them timely so I contacted Walmart and they noted stuck in shipping. UPS.com says The Boxery printed a shipping label but never delivered the box to UPS. So NO it wasn't stuck in shipping. It didn't even make it to shipping. They continued to play games like this is a vendor. I didn't buy from the damn vendor. I purchased from Walmart.com. Stand up for your business. Make your vendors responsible. This is ridiculous! The last time I tried to buy from them they sent me a broken TV. Order # **. They told me I could drive to the local Walmart to replace it. It took 45 minutes because the local Walmart told me they didn't take this type of return. Walmart doesn't stand by their customers!

Original review: April 10, 2018

I placed an order online for in-store pickup for later today. 2 hours later, I received an email stating my credit card was being refunded. Turns out, the item was never at the location specified by Walmart.com. Why would you waste people's time like that. You're a bunch of idiots. I'm NEVER shopping here again with your hormone filled disgusting glued together meat, generic GMO-filled food products, ghetto zombie employees, etc... By the way, the people of Walmart website tells me everything I need to know. You attract what you are.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Promise to be deliver on the 7. Was going on trip. Had to wait till Monday. Lost 2 days of my trip time. I revived it. I paid extra money for the 7 not the 9. Want the extra money back it cost me. Plus you keep sending my stuff to wrong store 8 miles out of my way 3rd time. This is my Last online order for Walmart. Cost more in gas and this new pickup stinks. It's not worth the time or effort. Even the guy before me only got half his order. He was pissed too. The new pickup sinks. It's just to get rid of employees. How sad that is. They don't pay them enough as it is. Lesson learned don't buy from Walmart online.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Never will I shop here again. We brought a brand new (Roku) TV not 2 days ago. Got it home, the screen was cracked. We took it back in the box it came in with the receipt, they said they couldn't exchange it or return it. First we were told it was dusty, then told numbers didn't match. We explained the box was tore down the side when we bought it and it had a clearance tag on it. The man from electronics said it happens especially with display models so just override it and do the return. The assistant manager Stacie refused. So we basically threw away almost $500. So warning if you need something that new and pricey spend the extra and go somewhere else because you may get a product that doesn't work.

Original review: April 7, 2018

The order # ** was supposed to be delivered Today, April 5th, 2018. Upon tracking it and talking with your Customer service agent and his supervisor, incident # **, and then again with the Colorado Agent and Supervisor, incident # **, I came to know that they knew nothing on - why it's not shipped. Walmart agents and supervisors didn't try to escalate this issue to the senior management and told me flatly that I could cancel the order as it was not delivered! This is the 2nd time this issue of no-delivery for my online order for this product MO80L510 and item # 567387272, has been happening. Why are they keeping such a product online, when they can't fulfill the order?

Original review: April 7, 2018

Filed transaction dispute and week later card was cancelled without any communication, Found out because we were trying to buy groceries and card declined. I called and finally got a human and was told after disputed transactions they cancelled card and new one will be here in week. Told her that I needed it sooner, she said, "Call tomorrow to have it expedited." I called today to be told I would still have to wait til Thursday for the card. I pushed it and said, "What is the fastest!!!" I have to buy a new card and they will transfer the balance to the new card right away. We will see if this works. Customer service stunk and tried to push me off the phone!!

Original review: April 4, 2018

After 2 weeks calling them every day, I am just tired of! I order one queen bed, and one set bed, with nightstand and storage mirror, I never get them! I get the 2 beds! One of the bed was broke! I call for the rest of the items and they say if I am not happy I should return the bed! I don t want return the bed, is already installed! I want my storage and the nightstand! I am just exhausted to fight with them!

Original review: April 4, 2018

I bought 2 pairs of headphone from Walmart.com. I thought that if the items not working I can return them to any Walmart store. It was wrong. Walmart.com don't accept returns for these items. They sent it to 3rd party to handle the return. This company charge 15% for restocking fee plus shipping charge when the order was sent. Besides, I have to pay another shipping fee to send these items back to the 3rd party. After adding all costs associated with the return, there is not much money left for returning the items. Buyers beware when ordering online at Walmart.com.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I placed an order through the Quakertown store online and when I looked the item up it was $9.00, when I went to check it out it was $29.34. Like I said I ordered it because it said only 2 left and figured I would contact someone to get my difference reimbursed back to me. I have tried to get the higher up people to help me resolve this however, they don’t seem to care about their customers.

Original review: April 2, 2018

This evening I went into a WalMart BY MYSELF for a bottled water. Let me start by saying I am a 33 year old Male Army Infantry Combat Vet. Not a high schooler or college student and not with anyone else. I grabbed my bottle of water and walked up to a checkstand. I put my divider up between the lady in front of me's one beer and my water and stood there. As we waited for the current person buying things to finish the lady in front of me looked at me and just kindly asked how my Easter was and if I had a family or kids and we chatted for a minute briefly.

The checker then asked for MY ID so the lady in front of me could purchase a beer!!! I informed her we weren't together and that I didn't know her and I also had only brought $5 in to the store with me to grab the water because my wife was waiting in the parking lot in our car and I was not going to run out to my car to get my ID to validate a purchase for someone I didn't even know!!! She asked us to get out of line as she would not sell to us and it is WalMart's Policy since her and I "Talked". What is this Nazi Germany?!

Original review: April 2, 2018

Me and my husband trying to order somethings off of Walmart online. And the order her canceled a total of 7 times two different credit cards. Say problem with verification of payment. But our bank put hold on money, I suppose I’ll take my business elsewhere who will accept our money. And this is not cool. Ordered more products and now price goes up within 5 minutes.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I applied for a Wal-Mart credit card in response to an offer I received when I was making an online purchase. The offer was that I was to receive a $25 credit, but only if I made purchase with that card that day. I applied for it and was instantly approved. The card was supposed to be automatically linked to my account so I could use it, but it would not link. I chatted with customer service and they said I had to call the next day. The next day I was told how I could manually link the card to my account and use it to make that purchase, but that I would no longer qualify for the $25 credit on my statement since I would not be making the purchase on the day the account was opened.

After several hours and speaking with several CS reps, Wal-Mart was willing to give me the credit if I applied for a new card. I had cancelled the card I had just opened, because I felt this entire thing was such a ripoff. Especially when I was told how I could use the new card to make that purchase, by manually entering some data, but by then I would not get the promised $25 credit since it was no longer the same day that the card was approved.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I placed an order on Walmart.com and received a confirmation email that the item had shipped. When the item never arrived, I discovered that the third party seller (LSC Services LLC) never shipped the item. When I figured out how to contact them directly, they indicated that they had a problem with shipping and my item got lost. Moreover, they no longer had any of the item left in stock to send me a replacement.

I had chosen Walmart.com to give Amazon some competition, but based on my experience and the dozens of poor reviews on ConsumerAffairs, Walmart is clearly out of its league. Its third party sellers can't be trusted with even the most fundamental practices of a) knowing how to ship items and b) alerting customers that there might be a problem. LSC Services LLC did issue a refund. That's the only positive thing I can say about my experience.

Original review: March 29, 2018

My experience at Walmart was great because I found thing I needed. I was trying to get keys made and one rep called for the one who a works there. And they came right away.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Customer service is awful. Not very courteous. Cannot find one person to answer any questions on what to look for or on the product itself. Cashiers are not helpful and employees are scarce to find for help.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I have shopped at Walmart often and it's apparent the sales associates require additional training so they may be able to provide satisfactory customer service. I asked several sales reps the same question on items in their departments and received totally different responses. As an example, I asked two sales associates where the Samsung Toner Cartridge 111S was located. I knew you sold this item because I purchased it there several months ago. One sales associate gave me the location and the other told me it was out of stock. Well, neither was correct, the item was no longer in Walmart's inventory. In other words, Walmart discontinued. That is just one experience, I have had several others. Since I have better things to do than waste my time, I will not shop at Walmart again.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Very convenient to use either online, in person or by package pickup or shipping. I love going to the store to see what's new but online usually has the newest items. The new free package pickup is really great because when you want something you can usually pick it up that day.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Marshal, TX has a great Wal-Mart store...fresh veggies too. Many sales...but no longer has "price match". Cashier’s fast and employees usually are helpful once they get off their cell phones.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Recently while searching for a DVD located one in a Walmart store approximately thirteen miles from my home. After entering order information was redirected to a third party vendor on Walmart's site. Placed order thinking that Walmart would respond if there were any problems. Big mistake. Have a DVD player that doesn't work and Walmart will not take any responsibility. The irony is a player was available at Walmart but redirected to a company in California. Makes no sense.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I have been putting up with the unsatisfactory conditions at this particular Walmart (Wetumpka Alabama) for a few years now and would change stores if it wasn't the only store within a 30 mile radius. There are so many things that are wrong with this store and its management that it would be too lengthy to list. Recently I went to purchase a set of Bluetooth Earbuds. I waited in the Electronics Department for 20 minutes before an associate even looked at me. Another 15 minutes before I finally gave up and walked out of the store. 2 days later I went to purchase the earbuds and got behind a customer at the Electronics counter. After taking care of this customer, the associate said to me to wait, that he would be with me shortly. Really?

I was in the Garden Area of this same store and was looking at some yard lights they had on display. Glancing around, I did not see any of this same lights on the shelves. I got an associate and led her back to the display of yard lights and asked her to show me just one of the lights that was on the display. She said she couldn't and called another associate over to where we were at. I asked him the same question, show me just one of these lights that are on this display. He told me that there was none. I asked him why was this display up if these lights were unable to be purchased. He said that that is what the manager wanted and that he did not understand why either. Trying to get assistance at this store is terrible at best. You certainly do not want to infringe on an associate's time while they are on their phone or talking with another associate. How dare the customer to be so rude. I could go on and on about this store but will end my rants here.

Original review: March 25, 2018

The store is well stocked. The employees are very helpful and nice. Walmart stores are everywhere. They have a lot of brands to choose from and they also have a great pharmacy.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Walmart is a default retail option. If I am looking for something disposable or cheap then Walmart is where I go. For high quality merchandise I will typically go to a specialty store.

Original review: March 24, 2018

How terrible, wanted to buy a pair of shoes, not tag. Went to the counter, 3 associates standing around chit chatting. One finally said, "You need help!!" Yes, she got on the intercom and called another associate. I waited by the counter 30 minutes and nobody ever came. Other three told me they could not help me since it was not their department. After that waited in the checkout lane another 25 minutes to get rang out. Lazy employees who don't care about the place they work for, only the paycheck.

Wal-Mart Company Information