2.34/5
Based on 626 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

5964 Wal-Mart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 21, 2018

I ordered an item on July 15, and when I check the site and order number it said at first estimated delivery on the calendar July 20. I check the day after, as my order hasn't come yet and now there is no date and it's not even in UPS system yet. I call and now they tell me the order has been delayed. There was no communication or indicator.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I ordered a 6 pack of chart paper from Walmart.com. Walmart sent an email saying that my 6 pack of chart paper was delivered. I only received 2 chart papers. When I called customer service, Walmart said that they've made a mistake and there's nothing they could do about it. Their tactics are deceiving and manipulative. I did not expect these types of scams from a company like Walmart. I've learned from this experience and won't make that mistake again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 18, 2018

Advertised 115 Viactiv for price of 100 BUT NOT what shipped. I only got box of 100-- Called. Spoke with foreigner who basically called me a liar even though anyone can pull up & see the advertisement with picture; this is false advertising which I do believe is illegal. Is there such a thing as an honest business anymore... I really do not think so. Just liars & cheats.

Original review: July 18, 2018

The Walmart store on West Maple in Elkhorn, NE has so few electric carts that there is usually a waiting line for them, and many others leaving without shopping. The staff are not helpful in regard to this issue, as they are so frustrated by it themselves. During daytime hours many handicapped and elderly like me would like to be able to shop there, but it is basically inaccessible to us. Many of us are deciding to go to Target, Hy-Vee, Menards, Family Fare and other more handicapped amenable places.

Original review: July 18, 2018

10:20 pm Tuesday. They only have one register open. I have a big cart full of items. I called the main # and asked them to open additional registers. They said they don't have any at night. I refuse to use the self check out unless they give me a 20% discount. Only one line open. 9 people in line at time of review.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: July 13, 2018

Walmart reviews are a FARCE! I tried to submit a review (five times) I had written for Sundeal M7SL 26 Mountain Bike and Walmart continues to censor my reviews by DELETING them. I give Walmart and big fat ZERO along with the seller of the bike, Cross Lake Sales, who couldn't even tell me what replacement brake pads I need for the bike. I will never rely on any one-sided reviews and I will post this elsewhere on the net. WM allows only favorable reviews of its products.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I ordered tires offline at Walmart.com and I used my Walmart debit card that I load cash onto. I called first and was told first I could not get a refund. I would have to go through Walmart.com that I could not bring tires back to store. Then I looked up refund policy online and noticed I could get refund so I called the Walmart store again and she said I could bring them back and I could get a refund. She looked up the information seeing I used my Walmart debit card and she said nothing about having to wait. So I took the tires back into the store I picked them up at.

When I was expecting to get a refund which I was led to believe I was told I would have to wait 2 to 3 days because it would have to be put back on the Walmart debit card which I loaded using cash to pay for the tires. Then I was talking to a person at Walmart.com and now they are saying I have to wait 5 business day because that is the way their systems is set up. They can't override the system to approve the Walmart store to just give cash. We were needed that money that is why we took the tires back. Now they have the tires and MY money and I am suppose to wait for it. I told them I would never step foot in Walmart again. So even though I used Walmart debit card which I use to pay bills and I load cash onto it.

This would not have been a big deal if they would have said while I was on the phone with them you won't get the refund today. It will have to be put back on the card because I would not have taken them. I would have tried to sale them another way but I was led to believe if we drove all the way to Walmart which we picked them up at we would get a refund that day. Now we can't get it until next week. I feel I was mislead and I have no recourse because I am at eh mercy of Walmart because they can't override their system. That is all they could say once the refund has been processed. The system takes over. So like I said they have the tires probably already have them on the floor to sale and they have my money that I have to wait a week for.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I am a disabled senior so shopping online saves me the hassle and embarrassment of fumbling for my wallet, taking too long to get out from the cashier etc. I bought this phone as I need a cell, for medical matters, should they arise and to keep in touch with family. I bought this phone as I had a Samsung cell and they are very good phones. However, Walmart is selling through a 3rd party and this outfit Jpmobiles.com is a total rip off! The phone I received isn't even a good knockoff. According to the 5 cell techs 2 at Walmart superstore in North Vancouver and 3 from my cell service who would not put the phone on their servers as the software is not able to cope with cnd. Cell requirements. The software was too old! And do you think Walmart has reimbursed me. No!

I got this knock off a week ago and today I finally get a call from “Andy **” no last name given, and he started to suggested the phone had been stolen in transit. Having worked as a letter carrier for 30 yrs, I know the staff at Canada post would not want to risk their 50k a year job for a cell phone. So I’m stuck with no cell service and a phone that cannot even maintain a wifi connection. Advice: never buy electronics from Walmart and if you are expecting any support from the Walmart help centre, guess again. No phone no reimbursement 10 days later! Unbelievable. What a total rip off.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Apparently Walmart has a new online company like Amazon. It’s called Walmart.com. When I did a Walmart search to find a particular sandal it came up under Walmart website. I ordered them knowing if they don’t fit I will return to Walmart... NOT HAPPENING! So Walmart.com has NoTHINg to do with Walmart. Confused? I was. Tricked? I was. Super annoyed? I am very very annoyed. My purchase amounts to losing $22 but my intent is to educate the world so they don’t even lose a penny. It’s very odd no name came with the package, no return. Nothing. Like the sandals were sent from the sky. So sleazy. The Walmart store... I like unless you have to return something. It’s a 30-45 minutes wait and you get an argument once it’s your turn. But the prices are good if you don’t have to return anything...

Original review: July 6, 2018

Local Walmart (30014) recently closed self checkouts during the night. This morning at 6:30 AM they had only one checkout open and there were 6 people in front of me. I walked out leaving about 1/2 basket of goods for someone to put away. I was on my way to work and will not wait in a checkout line this long. This is an example of stupid and uncaring management. The local Kroger still has their self checkout open early in the morning.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I ordered 2 pillows with shipment to my local Walmart store. I received 2 emails stating the products would be late and then received an email telling me to come pick up my order. So tonight I went in (about 8:10PM) and was told I couldn't pick it up as customer service closed at 8. Whoever heard of such a thing? Walmart will never be Amazon! There was no mention in the email that I could only pick up certain hours and there was absolutely nothing at the store that stated customer service only worked certain hours. My last order with Walmart, very low class.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Message sent to Wal-Mart June 28. We purchased 60 bags of this mulch a few weeks ago. We used 42 of them in our front bed and it looked beautiful BUT in one week the bed was filled with thousands of tiny little weeds!!! I spent hours pulling them out and they are still growing! We never had this even when there was just soil in the bed. Mulch is supposed to help control the weeds, not grow them! It seemed like there were seeds right in the mulch. Now we have about 20 bags left and we are afraid to spread the rest for fear we will have the same outcome. We are NOT SATISFIED with this product at all! July 1 Received a call responding to my message. Was told that if I returned the unopened bags of mulch with my original receipt, I would receive a full refund for all the bags purchased. WARNING - DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!

Original review: July 3, 2018

WalMart Pharmacy Landover Hills, Md. After leaving the burn center in D.C. I dropped off a script for ** as I had 3rd & 4th degree burns and amputations of part of my foot mostly my toes. I have serious injury on my heel and very bad on the side of left foot. Told I could get after 11 the next day. Waited til 1 to call only be told Dr. had to verify it which was done by MedStar. By now I am in screaming pain due to a skin graft too. Called them back only to be told it was not verified yet...when it was. Fell asleep for a nap next to phone and it never rang. By now I had been 30 hours without even a ** and my injuries were severe and very, very painful. One was on the heel which makes it hard to walk. I was in more pain than I can describe. And I am hysterical.

I call, and get told again no verification from doctor at which point I lost it. I said a person walks into your store with a good prescription and you let them from the only burn center anywhere and you are now denying me a 2nd night. I told my boyfriend I just wanted to die. The pain was too much. And this girl who answered me on the phone put me on hold. Hmmm. So another pharmacist picks up and says she called but my voice mail did not work ~ which I confirmed as a lie the next day. Then she told another lie by saying she was calling me to tell me I could only get 7 days of pills. This was another lie as I did not get over 7 days worth. Then I was told the script was ready. 30 hours with no pain relief. I got hysterical by now because the pain was the worse pain I have ever been in ever.

There is something weird about the whole deal. I am not a person who ever complains, but I am thinking of getting a lawyer for pain and suffering. NO ONE should have to go through what I did...it was inhuman. It was so very wrong. Why did the 1st pharmacist put me on hold to speak to another one. This has affected me very badly when I already live with PTSD and Anxiety & depression. This is not over for me. For once I am going to try to do something for me as I never have and definitely nothing this awful. It was then and now it still is. Don't ever go there and let your pain go 30 hours before you raise hell.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Walmart is our one stop shop. It is great store where I live. Open late hours. Easy to find things and I always follow discount days. Only drawback is, some of the Cashiers are scanning some items double. Seriously? How many times I go to customer service and empty my basket to review after waiting long time of period on the line? So Many until I learned what to do... So You need to watch out. Especially if you are going with your family and talking while they scanning. Not just this, you must put price on the item with pencil or pen or make sure you check barcodes (Mostly confusing), so many price tags on shelves.

Check the receipt after you put all in to the basket before you leave. Take a note if you can during shopping. Once you walk out the door, there is no turning back.

I put 4 stars 'cause I am shopping with confident before I go to cashier. I am happy 'cause I shop without falling in to their games. Good Luck. PS: Once I complain about the double charge, Supervisor came and send the person to lunch first before he attempt to fix my problem. My Thinking is the Manager was in it. BY THE WAY I STILL HAVE THE RECEIPTS FOR THESE TRANSACTIONS.

Original review: July 2, 2018

This is a neighborhood Wal-Mart which closed at 11 pm. I walk In at 10 pm, just to grab a couple of items. This particular Wal-Mart is known for only having self checkout, no matter the time nor day. So as usual I start scanning my stuff. I swiped my card and after it said "approved" it said I had a remaining balance of $2.67. I thought was weird because I had well over $100 on my credit card and my groceries only came to about $25.00. So I swiped my card again to pay the remainder balance. After getting my items bagged up, I stood there looking at my receipt wanting to know why that happened. My teenage daughter was on line behind me, she was purchasing 2 items for herself with the money she earned. So while I was waiting for her, and looking at my receipt I noticed an employee walk over to us. I thought she was just coming over to retrieve our handheld basket, she did do that but she continues to stand there.

I finally look up and I asked her, "Was there an issue?" She says... "you have a pizza." I am looking at her puzzled and say "yes... and I paid for the pizza". She says "Let me see your receipt". I am asking her was she serious, as she was insinuating that I did not pay for a $5 frozen pizza. I showed her my receipt, pointed out, the pizza and price which was paid for. After showing her that proof, she continues to stand there very close to me ask my daughter. Only this time she is after my daughter, watching her as she scans her items. Meanwhile all the other shoppers that are scanning their items just like we were she is not paying them any attention. I kept asking her what was her problem? She never told me why she was standing there, invading our space and acting like a security guard rather than an employee who should be watching the whole store rather than singling us out.

I will never return to a Wal-Mart again. They have low quality everything and their employees are racist. I am not a thief and even if I was I would not steal a frozen pizza... I mean really! It was embarrassing because it was late at night and I know everyone saw what she was doing and treating us. Her name is Ashley, I should have asked for a manager but didn't bother as I was just ready to get out of that store after that poor treatment. This Wal-Mart is close to my house but I will go to Target or wherever just to avoid being treated like some kind of criminal. This was in Denver Colorado, 48th and Chambers Road. Her name tag read Ashley and she was one sick human being. My daughter had to be a witness to her gross behavior. I will be reporting her.

Original review: June 30, 2018

My 3 year old and I started shopping and nature called for him so I rushed him to the Layaway bathroom (which was closest to us). The family bathroom was locked and the Men’s & Women’s bathrooms were blocked off due to being cleaned. So I waited a moment until an Associate came by. I asked 3 different Employees if they could unlock the Family restroom and they just looked at me with blank stares and said, "Sorry." I was upset and just said, "Okay," I had to proceed to the front bathrooms (which was not an easy task, due to the store being crazy busy). At this time my poor son was in so much pain, and I couldn’t believe the employees didn’t understand the situation.

The second issue was the front bathroom!!! The bathroom we went into was okay BUT the disposal for trash was missing, so I couldn’t throw away my son’s pull up. My poor guy tried so hard to make it to the front of the store but accidents are going to happen especially when your child is potty training. Anyway, I had to throw his pull up on the trash out by the door (where you wash your hands) and of course I got nasty looks. When we were going to go wash our hands the soap dispenser was completely empty and a refill container was on the countertop INSTEAD! Seriously? I guess maintenance called in because it was a total mess. Not only was the soap refill container empty, there was a long line to wash hands. There should always be plenty of soap and paper towel in a public restroom, because this is how people get sick! I’m so done with Wal-Mart!

Original review: June 30, 2018

I have never been disappointed in anything I have gotten from them, even when they go through a third party to get something to deliver to me. They are just exceptional.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I purchased a vacuum... took home and it was disgusting. Obviously it was used for a while and returned. I brought it to customer service. They refused to give my money back even though I had my receipt. (Keep in mind I just purchased 2 hours ago). Told them that was ridiculous. I have my receipt... Proceeded to tell me "well you go back and get another one then I can help you". Asked to speak with manager and refuses to call one over... I will never go back again. That is awful the customer service.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Waiting in line, they didn't have an extra pen. I said I would use mine. The girl moved from the register beside her and told me to go to the end of the line. At that time about 7 to 8 people were lined up at the register next to me. I told the girl I would report this. Lack training. I worked in customer service for many years. Never did I do a person like that. I had done a lot of shopping at Walmart. No more at this location.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I ordered a flashlight (Surefire titan plus) for $ 90.00, which is about the same as everyone else is selling the product for, but I figured if I was not satisfied WAL-MART says just bring it to your local store for a full refund. Well in order to turn the light on (it has 3 modes) you have to twist the head on then off rapidly to get to each mode, low-med-high (so you have to twist it 3 times quickly to get on high), so I was not real impressed and figured I could return it. WRONG, when I went to the customer service desk they told me that the product was shipped thru a 3rd party wholesaler and they gave me the web address and phone number. I turned away scratching my head and very confused. Now if WAL-MART sold me the thing, got credit for it and charged me then why shouldn't they take the damn thing back? NO SENSE TO ME!!!

So I went on the website for the company they gave me, ModernOutdoorGear/LIGHTJUNCTION. When I look up their return policy, they only accept UNOPENED packages. Now it's pretty hard to tell if you like anything or even if something is defective without opening it. I guess I'm stuck with a product I'm not happy with, THANKS WAL-MART. The way it looks to me is WAL-MART misrepresents its company by not making the 3rd party sales and returns more clear and upfront, Shame, Shame, Shame, you lost my business.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I was at Walmart, making a $59 purchase, when the cashier talked me into an instant $25 discount for applying for a Walmart credit card through Synchrony Bank. So, for the $25 savings, I applied through the cashier, even though I didn't really need/want the line of credit. Surprisingly, I was instantly denied! Aside from the humiliation, I was worried someone may have hacked my credit. So I speed home, anxious to check it, knowing that my credit score was well over 800, and has been that for eons now. Turns out, all was fine with my credit score, except that by the time I got home, I had a “hard inquiry”: by Synchrony Bank via Walmart, and my credit score was immediately reduce by 4 pts. That's fine. I could take a 4 pt loss, but was stymied at having an excellent credit score in the 800s, with no explanation why I was denied.

After researching for contact info on the Internet, I finally did get through to their credit dept., who also had zero explanation why I was denied. The only thing they could tell me was that I would get a letter of denial in 10 business days. But even they couldn't imagine why I had gotten denied over a $59 purchase, with them being able to verify my excellent credit rating. I'm a bit flabbergasted that they could ding my credit instantly, without knowing the cause as to why. The cust. serv. rep at their credit dept. even agreed that it made no sense. He volunteered to contact all 3 "big" credit agencies, asking them to restore the 4pt loss on my credit score. That was very nice of him to do, even though he said it would take 30 days to restore my score.

So, consumers, be wary! Your credit can be reduced instantly with no reasons available whatsoever, and take a month to have it restored. It makes me think that credit reporting via inquiries needs a better system in place to include immediate reasons for denial. That alone could have saved me some angst. If this happens to you through this institution, I'll save you some legwork, after much research and many contact attempts of my own. You can contact them directly at 1-877-878-4115, even though they have zero explanation for denial. At least, you can get your hard inquiry removed.

Now, I wait to get a denial letter in the mail within the next 10 days. And I'm anxious to see what it says, considering I have ample income and a credit score well over 800, and just paid off a car loan a few months early last week. Unfortunately, anytime another store now tries to sell me credit for some instant savings, I'll absolutely think twice. It's just not worth the aggravation, especially when you don't actually need the credit line to begin with. But it seems that Walmart has all of their cashiers pushing this on customers. Weird.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Buyer Beware! After today, I will never shop or order online at Walmart or Sam's Club again! Cancelling membership and credit card. I brought six old golf cart batteries in and asked that they give me six replacements. The associate gave me six batteries and I installed them. The golf cart still didn’t work right so we thought it must be something else wrong. That was May 2017. We put the cart in storage for the season. When we opened for the new season in May 2018, we took the cart to a repair shop. We just found out that Walmart gave us the wrong voltage battery.

They gave us 12v instead of 6v. I took the “new” batteries back to Walmart and explained the situation. They refused to refund the money. It was their incompetence that cost me over six hundred dollars! I called corporate while I was there and they said the same thing. How can they not make their mistake right?! I spend a lot of money there but will no more. I am going to the BBB. Not that they do much either. Tired of getting ripped off. I can get everything I need at the same price or lower elsewhere.

Original review: June 25, 2018

On the website, they picture an antenna socket set for $14.88, free shipping. I clicked to order, and the shopping cart showed the same socket set, as pictured on the website. I placed the order and minutes later I received the email confirmation for the order, and it showed the picture of the socket set. When it was delivered, all they sent me was one socket. I contacted both companies to make it right. They did not! This is a "Bait and Switch" fraud scheme. Wal-Mart says they are not responsible.

Wal-Mart allows third-party companies to sell on their website, that the third party is responsible. I contacted both. The response from JB Tools was to offer a return. I want the item that was sold to me and presented three different times; on the website, shopping cart checkout and email confirmation. Even after confronting both companies, over four weeks ago, the product is still listed the same way, as a socket set for $14.88 and free shipping. "Bait and Switch" is illegal under the Federal Trade Commision; If someone complains they just let them return it. Most think that the dollar amount isn't worth pursuing the product displayed.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Quite often, I find things on Wal-Mart's website that are not available in the store, but unless you want to pay extra for faster shipping, you have to wait at least a week to receive your order, but it usually arrives earlier than expected.

Original review: June 21, 2018

8 DAYS LATER THAN DELIVERY DATE, 5+ CONFLICTING CALLS, CANCELLED. Never order online! I made an order for in-store pickup. My pickup contact details were ignored. Calls and voicemails from (and to) the store claimed the product was there, then not there, then en route, then never sent, then coming in any day now, then I received a auto-generated cancellation notice. Terrible communication, failure to deliver part TO THEIR OWN STORE I can't imagine how godawful it is for home delivery. 0/10.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I bought UP Rider from Plano Walmart supercenter for $149 plus tax. As instructed I put it in charger for 24H, but it doesn't work at all. So I went next day to closest Walmart to my home in Coppell with receipt, but they refuse to return it "SYSTEM NOT ALLOW" as they said, if I bought it from Amazon I can return it in any Amazon service. So bad Walmart. Will never buy any quality thing from Walmart anymore.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Wal-Mart has great prices and a huge selection. They are open 24 hours and have a great discount program. With savings catcher and Wal-Mart grocery there's no need to go elsewhere.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Walmart in Burnaby BC. I am appalled at your customer services. For months you have only one cashier open for more than twelve items. Even at Christmas and Easter shopping days there are long line-ups at ONE cashier. Are you so poor that you cannot employ more cashiers? Even at the 12 or less part I have seen one person until a customer got angry and complained. Then a second came around. Don't tell me they are all at a coffee break. No other Walmart store is that bad. Change it or you lose customers, me for sure.

Original review: June 12, 2018

It's time to refill one of my husband's scripts and I just noticed that it has the wrong doctor name on it. (A doctor he hasn't seen in many years!) I should have checked it closer since we have always had problems with Walmart pharmacies. The last time it was filled I had to wait 20 mins to see the pharmacist for some reason, while they all stood talking and laughing at the counter, telling me they were swamped. I finally had to interrupt them to get a script I had already paid for. They are not very friendly at all.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I ordered vitamins to be picked up at my local Walmart store. I got an email shortly thereafter saying my order was ready for pick-up. The Walmart website said the same. I went to the store and buzzed for attendance at the pick-up center. After 10 minutes when nobody came, I had to search the store for a manager. She told me the order wouldn’t be ready for at least a week. I called customer service and entered and confirmed the order number. The rep eventually came online and said the system didn’t have the number and I had to repeat it. I then told her what happened and asked that the order be shipped free of charge. She said the only thing she could do was cancel the order. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and after half an hour I hung up.

I then used Walmart’s chat feature to try to resolve the issue. The rep agreed to my request, but said he couldn’t actually fix it. Instead he gave me an incident number and told me to call customer service. I called customer service and the agent said she could not find the incident number and could not help me. I asked to speak to a supervisor who finally agreed to ship the vitamins free of charge. I then asked to be compensated for all my time and trouble. He refused. Walmart advertises their wonderful online service and wants to compete with Amazon. If my experience is any guide, they have a lot of work to do.

Wal-Mart Company Information