2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.71/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Wal-Mart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

This is the lowest cost coffeemaker at Walmart, or anywhere, so of course, my expectations are not higher than that. I think it was less than $13, and for my needs, it's fine. I make coffee every day for myself, and I'm picky about good strong coffee. It uses smallish filters, it's a fill and pour through model, and makes a small pot. It's fast, but not fast, and easy.

The only things I've had problems with are: it gargles a lot, as if it needs to be cleaned, which I've run vinegar through, but it's not filled with calcium or any bits, so I'm not sure why it's loud when filling. The other is the lid, that kind of catches, and sometimes needs a little push down. Other than that, all good. I had one for a long time before it just stopped working, and I replaced with the same coffeemaker.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I was hesitant to order online from Walmart, but I hate going to the store and not finding what I need. I ordered two bottles of Downy, 2 large bottles of Dawn dishwashing detergent, a large bottle of Mr. Clean, and 2 large bottles of Tide. Everything but the Tide came in a couple of days after ordering. Everything was well sealed and put in baggies. I received the Tide a few days later, and the caps were not sealed with tape as the other bottles had been, and product leaked out. The bottles were in a plastic bag, so it didn't make a mess in the box, but there was a lot of wasted product. I did an online chat and let them know what happened. Within less than 2 minutes, they had ordered two replacement bottles free of charge. No hassle. I will definitely be ordering again!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

While Walmart has good prices, their search engine is horrible and cannot seem to process more than 1 or 2 filters without messing up the search results. Furthermore, better prices can often be found on Amazon and the items are often coming from the same third party seller. Walmart is trying to compete with Amazon with their next day delivery, but I haven't been able to get my time right in terms of ordering early enough to get that option even if the items are marked 'next day delivery' eligible; also, Walmart's 2 day delivery isn't as good as Amazon's.

You can order from Walmart on Monday, they don't process it until Tuesday and maybe ship that day in which you should get items by Thursday, but if they don't ship until Wednesday, items are delivered by Friday, so that's really 3 or 4 day delivery; whereas with Amazon, they give you the 'order by' countdown to have items delivered by a certain date and if you order on Monday, you'll most likely have your items in 2 days on Wednesday!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Walmart continues to work to provide Great value for people like me (Senior citizen, and Low income) as measured by average to high-quality products and the lowest price available nearby. Regardless of the opposition, Walmart is worth shopping at. Most things I buy at Walmart are as good as or better than I can get at the higher-priced store across the street from them or anywhere else in town. I think most hate Walmart because they are assuring competition among the retailers, and that actually helps us who are in the lower-income brackets. One day they will be thankful for a company like Walmart that does eat up most of your income on life's necessities. IF they are successful in destroying Walmart, they will regret having to pay the higher prices, elsewhere for lower quality products. Walmart is one of my first stops, to search for all my needs.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Two of the things I never thought I would be doing; leaving a 5 star review for a wrong order and leaving a 5 star review for Walmart, but here I am leaving a 5 star review for both of these things. We just moved to New York and ordered a full-size air mattress until our furniture arrives in a week. The mattress came, however, it was the wrong size - a twin. I called the customer service line, sure that I would have to wait on hold for an extended period and someone picked up immediately. I have to wait longer when calling American Express.

The representative was very nice and even though he wasn't able to get the correct mattress to us in time, he acknowledged the error and issued a refund and said we could use the money to grab an air mattress at a Walmart near NYC or any other store. To our surprise, we'll be heading slightly out of the way to purchase it from a Walmart. In short - excellent customer service, quickly owned up to a simple error, and had a solution.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Keep in mind I reached to Walmart on July 23rd. I had placed my order on July 16. One item which was a 5pack boy shorts for $29.99 got cancelled on July 19. And after numerous times of contacting Walmart on July 27th I finally got a response I would get my full refund. They had said five business days. It’s eight business and I have yet to receive my refund onto my debit card for my order #**. I am most definitely shocked as to how terrible Walmart is in handling this situation. I have waited patiently and I have zero patience left in me. I just wanted to let consumers know and don’t plan to order online from Walmart ever.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I purchased this item from the Walmart location in North Brunswick, NJ (979 Route #1 S) on 07/30/2020. Upon my initial use of this item, it began to catch ablaze. Thanks to my child's quick thinking, the fire was exhausted with a fire extinguisher. However, this could have easily escalated into a tragedy. Hamilton Beach and its third party sellers should be ashamed of themselves because upon researching this product, I began to learn that other consumers who have recently purchased the product within the past year also experienced "electric zapping and popping", overheating, hearing "crackling" sounds, and observing "electrical bolts of lights" going off inside of the microwave while in use.

I am extremely dissatisfied about this dangerous experience and the fact that this product, which was a returned item placed on clearance, even had an opportunity to be resold despite these prior customer reviews that clearly indicated a similar experience. Included in my review is an attachment of the interior of the microwave after it began to catch fire. PLEASE SAVE YOUR LIFE AND DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT!!!!

Original review: July 31, 2020

Okay, maybe not yet that Walmart has caught Amazon - but they are narrowing the gap. Everything I order from Amazon lately takes longer to arrive, so I checked Walmart. They offered a good selection, although not quite as good, easy-to-use site and fast/free shipping. Once Walmart gets their product selection on par with Amazon, we may have a real race here. I hope they do. 4 stars for now, until they do.

Original review: July 20, 2020

I bought a Murray mower from Walmart in 1994 and it ran like a champ for 10 years! At that point my dad completely rebuilt the mower and told me I would have a mower for at least another 10 years and it actually lasted until 2017. Since I had had such incredibly good luck with this product, I went right out and bought another Murray mower from Walmart in 2018. I don't believe there has ever been a time that I have been able to go out and start it up and mow the lawn without another problem. It is very cheaply made and evidently was never intended to be dependable. Getting someone to work on it is basically impossible. If you are going to buy a new mower, please be careful! This is not the one to buy! I am so disappointed with what they have done with their.

Original review: July 20, 2020

I ordered Nikon D5600 camera, bundle, and three-year insurance plan for $874.65 on 7/7/2020. In short, the merchant fulfilling the order via walmart.com is using a real storefront, Electronics R Us, Brooklyn NY, for fraudulent activity. ERU states on their website they do NO internet business nor are they affiliated with Walmart as a third-party seller. ERU does have a local traffic market who do seem pleased with their services. Despite reporting these findings to Walmart, they continue to market numerous cameras ranging in price from $389.99-$1149.99 from this "merchant". Bait for more victims. Google reviews as well as a personal phone call reveal this has been an ongoing problem for months, yet Walmart continues to be a part of this illegal scam. Despite my concerted efforts and promises for a refund on both the seller and Walmart, I have not have one penny refunded by either.

Wal-Mart Company Information