2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.62/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Wal-Mart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I was hesitant to order online from Walmart, but I hate going to the store and not finding what I need. I ordered two bottles of Downy, 2 large bottles of Dawn dishwashing detergent, a large bottle of Mr. Clean, and 2 large bottles of Tide. Everything but the Tide came in a couple of days after ordering. Everything was well sealed and put in baggies. I received the Tide a few days later, and the caps were not sealed with tape as the other bottles had been, and product leaked out. The bottles were in a plastic bag, so it didn't make a mess in the box, but there was a lot of wasted product. I did an online chat and let them know what happened. Within less than 2 minutes, they had ordered two replacement bottles free of charge. No hassle. I will definitely be ordering again!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

While Walmart has good prices, their search engine is horrible and cannot seem to process more than 1 or 2 filters without messing up the search results. Furthermore, better prices can often be found on Amazon and the items are often coming from the same third party seller. Walmart is trying to compete with Amazon with their next day delivery, but I haven't been able to get my time right in terms of ordering early enough to get that option even if the items are marked 'next day delivery' eligible; also, Walmart's 2 day delivery isn't as good as Amazon's.

You can order from Walmart on Monday, they don't process it until Tuesday and maybe ship that day in which you should get items by Thursday, but if they don't ship until Wednesday, items are delivered by Friday, so that's really 3 or 4 day delivery; whereas with Amazon, they give you the 'order by' countdown to have items delivered by a certain date and if you order on Monday, you'll most likely have your items in 2 days on Wednesday!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Walmart continues to work to provide Great value for people like me (Senior citizen, and Low income) as measured by average to high-quality products and the lowest price available nearby. Regardless of the opposition, Walmart is worth shopping at. Most things I buy at Walmart are as good as or better than I can get at the higher-priced store across the street from them or anywhere else in town. I think most hate Walmart because they are assuring competition among the retailers, and that actually helps us who are in the lower-income brackets. One day they will be thankful for a company like Walmart that does eat up most of your income on life's necessities. IF they are successful in destroying Walmart, they will regret having to pay the higher prices, elsewhere for lower quality products. Walmart is one of my first stops, to search for all my needs.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I shop at Walmart often. And their prices are always great. Their customer service has really failed lately. You have to check and bag all your own groceries at our Walmart... My husband and I are both in our late 70's and this is kind of hard for us to do. This is not senior friendly or disabled friendly at all. I have emailed them twice about the problem but they don't listen to the public... As far as I am concerned and a lot of other people, their customer service has really taken a big drop... Their customer service used to be excellent... We have to shop at the Walmart in Bullhead City Arizona because we live in Laughlin Nevada and we have no big grocery stores here. We are on the borderline and it just takes a few minutes to drive over there.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Two of the things I never thought I would be doing; leaving a 5 star review for a wrong order and leaving a 5 star review for Walmart, but here I am leaving a 5 star review for both of these things. We just moved to New York and ordered a full-size air mattress until our furniture arrives in a week. The mattress came, however, it was the wrong size - a twin. I called the customer service line, sure that I would have to wait on hold for an extended period and someone picked up immediately. I have to wait longer when calling American Express.

The representative was very nice and even though he wasn't able to get the correct mattress to us in time, he acknowledged the error and issued a refund and said we could use the money to grab an air mattress at a Walmart near NYC or any other store. To our surprise, we'll be heading slightly out of the way to purchase it from a Walmart. In short - excellent customer service, quickly owned up to a simple error, and had a solution.

Original review: June 24, 2020

So I purchased Frontline Plus at Walmart in Gun Barrel City Tx $43 with tax in April. Put it between shoulders on my little dog. It did not work, but because of covid 19 Walmart would not take stuff back. They just started to take stuff back the 15 this month. I go up there 3 vials in box. I used one. Didn't work so the next month when I get my social security check I go up there. Buy Seresto collar $63. It works but Walmart tells me this morning because the flea box had been opened I could on exchange so I spend more money to get another collar which I do not need right now just so I don't lose the $43 I spent on stupid drops. I will never buy Frontline Plus again. I was not happy today about the outcome. Buyer beware.

Original review: June 21, 2020

Want to buy a money order at Walmart... here's why you shouldn't. If you buy it and want to cash it in that same day you can't. So if you pay someone with it and they go to cash it in they can't. It has to be cashed at the same Walmart and because their system and MoneyGram don't communicate that money order is a piece of paper. Do not waste your money go to QT or the post office instead. Money transactions are still done Walmart. Bad business.

Original review: June 21, 2020

Be aware of the third party sellers in Walmart online orders, please make sure to only order the product from Walmart. If you order any product from the third part seller, Walmart customer support will not resolve any issues on the order fulfillment from third party vendors. You have to resolve the issue yourself from third party vendors on any order fulfillment issue.

I had issue from 2 orders submitted from Walmart: On one of my order I received something unusable which is different from my order, when I contacted Walmart customer support they gave me reseller contact to resolve myself. On the second order, I did not even receive anything and it is still showing delayed from DHL (I was thinking due to the COVID issues it may be delayed), when I did not receive over 6 months and contacted Walmart customer support. I received same answer I received from first one. As we are ordering from Walmart website, Walmart holds some level of responsibility and contract in place to resolve these issues. But beware as per Walmart support, they can’t do anything for the orders from third party sellers on Walmart website.

Original review: June 19, 2020

I ordered replacement head and cutter on Walmart.com site which clearly shows in listing and picture both the head and cutter. I only received the head part so I called and they said I would receive the cutter this time after they confirmed their listing today I got the replacement order which again was missing the cutter. Not rocket science here. I called and wasted two hours on the phone and got no help at all. I was promised correct order and didn't happen.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I miss choosing my own bacon, fruits, etc. I am grateful to the considerate Walmart employees that shop for my online order. They have been considerate and good shoppers. Never had a broken egg, their choices have been great. The employees that bring out my groceries to my car wear their covid19 masks, pack my car with consideration and always polite. I go in the mornings because the weather is hot in Tampa, FL even at 10am. They're out in the sun, lifting grocery bags wearing a mask. I want them to know how much I appreciate all of them, every week. Thank you. Laurel **. PS BETTER than Instacart any day.

Wal-Mart Company Information