2.45/5
Based on 825 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

5940 Wal-Mart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 21, 2018

8 DAYS LATER THAN DELIVERY DATE, 5+ CONFLICTING CALLS, CANCELLED. Never order online! I made an order for in-store pickup. My pickup contact details were ignored. Calls and voicemails from (and to) the store claimed the product was there, then not there, then en route, then never sent, then coming in any day now, then I received a auto-generated cancellation notice. Terrible communication, failure to deliver part TO THEIR OWN STORE I can't imagine how godawful it is for home delivery. 0/10.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I bought UP Rider from Plano Walmart supercenter for $149 plus tax. As instructed I put it in charger for 24H, but it doesn't work at all. So I went next day to closest Walmart to my home in Coppell with receipt, but they refuse to return it "SYSTEM NOT ALLOW" as they said, if I bought it from Amazon I can return it in any Amazon service. So bad Walmart. Will never buy any quality thing from Walmart anymore.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Wal-Mart has great prices and a huge selection. They are open 24 hours and have a great discount program. With savings catcher and Wal-Mart grocery there's no need to go elsewhere.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Walmart in Burnaby BC. I am appalled at your customer services. For months you have only one cashier open for more than twelve items. Even at Christmas and Easter shopping days there are long line-ups at ONE cashier. Are you so poor that you cannot employ more cashiers? Even at the 12 or less part I have seen one person until a customer got angry and complained. Then a second came around. Don't tell me they are all at a coffee break. No other Walmart store is that bad. Change it or you lose customers, me for sure.

Original review: June 12, 2018

It's time to refill one of my husband's scripts and I just noticed that it has the wrong doctor name on it. (A doctor he hasn't seen in many years!) I should have checked it closer since we have always had problems with Walmart pharmacies. The last time it was filled I had to wait 20 mins to see the pharmacist for some reason, while they all stood talking and laughing at the counter, telling me they were swamped. I finally had to interrupt them to get a script I had already paid for. They are not very friendly at all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: June 11, 2018

I ordered vitamins to be picked up at my local Walmart store. I got an email shortly thereafter saying my order was ready for pick-up. The Walmart website said the same. I went to the store and buzzed for attendance at the pick-up center. After 10 minutes when nobody came, I had to search the store for a manager. She told me the order wouldn’t be ready for at least a week. I called customer service and entered and confirmed the order number. The rep eventually came online and said the system didn’t have the number and I had to repeat it. I then told her what happened and asked that the order be shipped free of charge. She said the only thing she could do was cancel the order. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and after half an hour I hung up.

I then used Walmart’s chat feature to try to resolve the issue. The rep agreed to my request, but said he couldn’t actually fix it. Instead he gave me an incident number and told me to call customer service. I called customer service and the agent said she could not find the incident number and could not help me. I asked to speak to a supervisor who finally agreed to ship the vitamins free of charge. I then asked to be compensated for all my time and trouble. He refused. Walmart advertises their wonderful online service and wants to compete with Amazon. If my experience is any guide, they have a lot of work to do.

Original review: June 10, 2018

The Walmart in Gladstone Missouri is an absolute joke. I have had it with them harassing me - going through my cart and humiliated me in front of people I know! I will more than likely be speaking with an attorney for harassment on this considering I called customer complaints 5 times and still nothing has been done about it! They are ridiculous!!

Original review: June 10, 2018

I went to Walmart in Fremont, CA. Albrae store. Was there day before and got over charged, went to store, talked to a person who seemed to be in charge, told her about overcharge, she told me to stay in line, and when I get to clerk, she would be able to help, ** disappeared just as I got to counter, had to wait for this ** to come back, then had to wait again for clerk to finish with customer she was helping, and then the ** disappeared again, clerk then tells me I have to wait again for this ** to again come back, I told clerk to ** off, threw the ** at them and left. THESE ** HAVE NO CLUE AS TO CUSTOMER SERVICE. And get this, it's all over $.70 cents.

JUST HOW LONG DO THESE ** FOR BRAINS EXPECT YOU TO WAIT FOR because some ** could not take the ** sale price down. If they can't do the job right, THEY SHOULD NOT BE DOING THAT JOB, or learn how the job is done, but being Walmart, ** up is just plain ** up. And their way to fix this was to block my account.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Item Shipped and Delivered to their local store but won't release. It took just 4 days to ship my order via Canada Post. Wal-Mart gave me a Canada Post tracking # day 1. Canada Post picked up the item day 3. They delivered it the next day, which suggests that everything was local but that is only a guess. The day AFTER it arrived at the store (per tracking #) Wal-Mart sent me an e-mail that it was in transit. Item won't arrive for an addition 12 days from the day it actually was delivered.

Contacted (pardon the inaccurate description) Customer Service and got nothing. Tried chat. OMG. She said it was shipped via WM Logistics, which of course is simply the name of their shipping department/warehouse. She also said that there is no way that it would have been shipped Canada Post because they ship everything WM Logistics. Just for the record I had a Dyson Vacuum shipped from Wal-Mart Ontario. It was shipped Canada Post to a postal outlet. Blistering fast delivery. My point is "Chat lady" has little or no idea about Wal-Mart shipping and should avoid discussing it. I know to NEVER ship to a store. Use a postal outlet. Wal-Mart policy is that I have to wait 16 days for an item that they shipped to their store in 4.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Does Walmart train employees at all or just set them free? I’ve never been anywhere that has worse employees ever. I just called and all I wanted to know was if there was propane tanks for exchange. They have been out for the past 2 weeks. It took forever to get the answer, the call was picked up multiple times just to be transferred again. I finally got my answer but it was like a duh answer and he was so rude. I’m like really!!! How clueless is everyone in that store? They are not aware of anything, can’t multitask at all, hate dealing with customers, slow, clueless and sooo rude!!! Walmart as a whole should be humiliated with the quality of training they give their employees or the little concern on how they expect them to act and treat customers. This is why I don’t shop at Walmart!!! This is not just random either. This is every time I have shop or call any Walmart ever.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Recently purchased an item online for pickup. I used a bank debit card. In the store with returns they give you cash back using a debit bank card. If you purchase online for pickup they treat all sales as credit. Holding my hard earned money hostage. If you can refund immediately in stores on debit cards, they should refund immediately with online orders. Phoned customer service at headquarters. Rude, rude, rude, rude...

Original review: June 9, 2018

My family and I was in the Walmart on 6/8/2018 in Irving, TX. We used the self-checkout. I use one and my daughter, her boyfriend, and my sister used the other one. I rung up 3 bags of chocolate chips (on sale for 1.00 and 1.42) that was on sale. After ringing up the third bag, an error message pops up. The ** employee came running over. She said, "Wait a minute, I have to put my code in (rude and nasty attitude)." Then she said, "Move over some I need some room." She proceeded to look in my bag, counting my items, looking at the screen counting the 3 things (which is understandable). She started comparing the prices like the price was going to change. She then tells me that she have to make sure. I'm thinking make sure of what, that I didn't change the price or I didn't steal a bag of chocolate chips!

Next, my daughter gets a code because she is purchasing beer. Her boyfriend has rung up his items and standing by the bags waiting on her to finish. The same ** employee comes up and ask him for his ID. He refuse and we are asking why does she need to check his ID when my daughter is the one that is purchasing the beer (my daughter is 27). She says that is a Walmart rule that anyone that is with the party must show ID. Really??? She said I can get the manager over here. We all was saying that we have never heard such a thing the whole time we have been shopping at Walmart. My daughter said, "Forget it. I don't want it." We was going to leave it until the employee made a smart comment. So I asked for her to get the manager. JD, the customer service manager comes over. She tells him what happened and he says the same thing that she said. I asked JD when this rule took effect. He couldn't answer the question.

I took the beer and see that if I go to the checkout line with my family that the employee going to ask all of us for IDs'. He said that "I am going to follow y‘all to every line and tell them not to sell you the beer." I said. "Why would you have to follow us to every line when that is Walmart's rule? They would know to ask all of us for IDs'." He said, "Well they may all not know." Really JD. So the same ** employee is running her mouth. JD is not saying anything to her. We ask for the corporate office phone number and what is the ** employee name since she turned her badge around so we could not see her name. We asked the employee her name but she told the girl not to tell us. We asked JD and he said Brenda. As we were walking away, I'm not going to lie, my sister called Brenda a racist **, Brenda said, "least I'm not a mini **."

I heard her and my daughter boyfriend heard her. He walked back to confronted her, but he thought she said a ** mini. Brenda then started shouting at him. We didn't know at the time that an undercover lost prevention was watching everything unfold. She heard Brenda but said she didn't hear what she said. She immediately pulls Brenda from the area. The damage had been done. Everyone was looking. We had been asked for another manager but they including JD said he was the only manager there. But when I Brenda messed up, now they were looking for the manager Chris, then assistant manager Sal came up.

We were standing back when they was explaining to Sal what had happen and what Brenda said. Sherell from lost prevention must have heard what I had heard because his face was priceless. I did not tell what I heard because I knew what my family would have done and I didn’t want it to turn any worst than it was. In my heart, I know Sherell said she didn’t hear her but I feel she did and that is why she pulled her off the floor so fast and out the door. Sherell really defuse the situation really fast. JD she be trained like Sherell is very well trained. Because all of this could have been avoided.

Original review: June 8, 2018

My husband and I were at the Wal-Mart in Mt. Juliet TN, on 6-6-2018. Returning a few items, I went to customer service line. And my husband went to get a box of face cleaner because I had the product but lost box. Had receipt for everything. I was returning. Cause I knew from past experience I would have to get it off shelf so they could scan it. He get the product and brings it to me and puts it in cart. Then goes to get pop out of machine. While he was gone lost prevention grabbed me and took me into their office. After he my husband comes looking for me, they grab him also. Reminding you I never left store. They took me to jail for shoplifting that face cleaner that was 9.97$. cause he got the wrong color than one I bought trying to return. We never took anything. We watched video. It was so embarrassing. Vent over, I'm sure I'm not only one they have done this to.

Original review: June 8, 2018

This is our second memory foam mattress from WalMart. The comfort of this mattress is awesome and it wears well for the price. We’ve loved this since the first one, and the price is great!

Original review: June 6, 2018

Will never order from WALMART.Com again. Placed an order on 5/26 for 4 of the same item, chair mats. The website said they would arrive on 5/31. The only reason I completed the order was because I needed them on 5/31. On 5/31 tracking showed nothing has shipped yet. Called customer service and they said, "aww just give it another day or so". So I received 3 items today 6/6, 2 are chair mats, the 3rd item is patio furniture. Seriously?? The 3rd floor mat is still riding around town in the FedEx truck according to their tracking and no one knows where the mysterious 4th floor mat is. So another call to customer service. While the customer service ladies were nice, their fulfillment, shipping, returning is a nightmare.

Original review: June 6, 2018

If I had known that it could take 6 or more days to print 4 photos, I would NEVER have ordered online through Walmart. The agents in the store are great, but the online order didn't get to them, so all I can do is wait. You could expect that online ordering for photos could take less than a day, but apparently, their IT are behind the times. Only reason I gave them one star is because I can't put a red card.

Original review: June 6, 2018

They must only have one customer service rep because every time I've had to call I got the same person: She has a strong accent and talks so fast it's nearly impossible to understand her. She's like a robot: Clearly reading from a script, not really paying attention to what you're saying, and clearly she could care less about your problem.

My order wasn't wrapped properly and a jar of sauerkraut broke in transit (I guess) and destroyed everything else in the order (clothes etc). The box arrived at my door completely soaked in rancid-smelling sauerkraut juice, in an industrial-strength plastic bag. The whole order was ruined. Walmart customer service refused to replace my order or refund my money because they insisted on pictures even though I explained that I am on disability (very low fixed income) and so I do not have a camera or a camera phone. They didn't care so I lost over $50 which is a lot of money for someone on ODSP.

I ordered a laundry hamper. It was delivered without the lid. I called and got the same (the only one it seems) annoying condescending customer service rep who assured me on the Monday that the lid was being shipped immediately. She said if I hadn't received it and/or email confirmation within 48 hours to call back (that's when I got worried). Well, yup, you guessed it - 48 hours later still no lid and no email confirmation. I call back and guess who I got AGAIN? Yup, the SAME rep. She had no clue what I was talking about and clearly the lid hadn't been dispatched so she rambled on a million miles a minute her same bull-crap... I have no idea if the lid will ever arrive. Walmart's customer service is a NIGHTMARE. Walmart should be ashamed of themselves!

Original review: June 6, 2018

We and all our friends have stopped buying vegetables and fruits from Wal-Mart. Their prices are mostly 50-100% higher than competitors in Cullman like Aldi and Save a Lot. If we need organic or not so common fruits and vegetables even Publix in Cullman is a better deal. What happened?

Original review: June 5, 2018

I ordered a pellet grill that weighed over 200 lbs and was the size of a washing machine. The grill didn't show up and I waited to hear from them. Finally after two weeks I contacted Walmart and they said they lost it. Great customer service. They never contacted me about it and I wrote three emails about it and they never responded them and it's been over a month now. Then my wife ordered a rug for our soon to be baby girl and when it came in it was damaged so we returned it and ordered another one and it was damaged too. With all that said it's not worth dealing with them. They don't care about you as a customer and make you feel disrespected with how they deal with you.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Purchased 2 new EverStart MAXX batteries for 2 separate vehicles. Within 2 months both batteries were failing to start the vehicles. Called WALMART CS about the issue. Told them the issue. Also told them that I was not wanting replacements because of the likelihood of having the same problem, and was going with a different/better brand. (Lesson learned) “All we can do is for you to bring both batteries in, and we’ll test them, and if they are bad.” (Setting the stage for the runaround) A Mechanic had already tested 1 of the batteries during reg servicing and said that the battery was bad without any input from us at all btw. I told WM Manager that I work 6-7 days per week, and very had very little free time, and that it would take some time before I could get into other place to get new Interstate batteries and get installed.

I was just calling to let them know before the 90 days was up so to make sure that I could get a refund. “No problem, just bring them in as soon as you get the new batteries.” You can probably guess what happened next. The Walmart circus began. After getting the typical song and dance routine from the original store, then from Corporate. Contacted another WM store in a more reputable area of town. Told them what was happening. “No problem, just bring them on in and we’ll test them, and give you a refund.” Nope. Took them in, and Manager quoted previously hooked the batteries up about 10 different ways (obviously having no clue how to work the machine) including hooking the opposite terminals up backwards at least twice. (We’re looking at one another and just backing away from idiot and machine at this point).

Then another Manager walks by and says “What are you doing! You have them hooked up backwards!” Manager #1 in a panic in a panic at this point, then gets frustrated, turns around frustrated begins flopping battery#2 back into the cart and states “The tester says these batteries are good, but I can give you a free replacement.” I said no. We had prearranged that there would be a refund. Then she takes off into the back of the store. Long story short. I called WM Corporate back again, as I was talking to Corp. looked down and saw that the contents of one of the batteries was now visible on the outside of the battery. Corp. started to start the same song and dance, then after my telling about the leaked battery contents right there in front of CS desk, they finally conceded to contact the store.

For over an hour no one at the store would answer the phone while Manager basically hid in the back, obviously hoping that the problem would go away. Their final solution? Place the leaked battery in a Walmart PLASTIC BAG!!? And for us to take it home and wait for a return call that so far has never came. In order to point out the absurdity of all that had, and was continuing to take place, I asked both the WALMART store Manager, (who finally was called back out after we had to tell CS to answer the 3rd attempt from Corp to contact the store) and also asked Corporate "Would WALMART advise an employee to place a battery that had been leaking into a Walmart plastic shopping bag and place it into a confined/living/eating area where people were in?" (Pointing out the (POISON) warning on top of the battery.)

The fact that Management had been avoiding us for hours and no one answering the phone at the store speaks for itself. I also pointed out to Corp. There was even more absurdity, but the point is made here. I considered leaving the batteries there and abandoning them, along with the over $200 spent including core charges that I would have had been losing already through this little circus, or more like a carnival scam. But out of principle, and out of the possibility to hold someone accountable, I demanded that the Manager come back out, get me the bag that was recommended, and place the now having corrosive and “poisonous” leaked material on the outside into chosen by Manager) WALMART shopping bag, so we could return home with it.

EVERYONE, including some of the WALMART employees who witnessed this ridiculous incident have urged me to file suit. I have never done that in my life, but I will give them the few "business days" that they claimed ‘Policy’ dictates to do what is right. My recommendation: Once you give a swindler your money, there are generally only 2 ways that you are going to get it back. Avoid all of this by not giving it to them to begin with. Walmart’s tactics are becoming increasingly more deceptive, and aggressive toward/against their customers. Don’t become a victim and learn this lesson the hard way.

Original review: June 4, 2018

With the exception of one customer service rep that was curt and condescending (I should have complained as I'm confident that they would have corrected it) they have gone above and beyond in resolving any issues with my online orders. I can't say that I am anything but pleased overall.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I ordered a pair of Apple Watches from Walmart.com. They had them delivered through a strange delivery company who had a problem finding my apartment (which has never happened with any other company I've dealt with). I called Walmart.com, the person I spoke with was confused and did not make any attempt to contact the delivery company. She gave me a number and sent another pair of watches, unrequested. I called the number, it was wrong. After considerable time online, I was able to get a number that worked and hashed out the problem with the delivery company. The watches came the next day. Then, another set of watches came from FedEx. I never ordered them, never signed for them. They were left unprotected at my doorstep that anyone could access. I brought the box inside and left it sitting there to await Walmart to send someone to pick it up.

After 18 days, they sent me an email saying they would charge me for the watches if I didn't send them back. This was a major inconvenience, given my work and the challenges around getting to FedEx where I live. When I spoke with a rep, she said that FedEx can pick up, but that I have to print an invoice (I don't own a printer), attach it to the box, call FedEx, arrange a pick-up time, give them the package, and call Walmart back with an invoice number. This is all a serious hassle and they were not helpful in the least. This company needs a lot of help with their service, and I won't be shopping with them again.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I placed an order, got a confirmation order. So everything was fine. Then a few days after the order did not arrive by the due date, I contacted online chat customer support. She told me that there was an error and the order was never processed correctly. Seriously??? It was showing as placed in my account online, as well as in the e-mail. So for 3 weeks, I was not notified that something went wrong. She also told me that she would forward a request to the warehouse to get an order shipped. And then a few minutes later I get an e-mail saying that "per my request the order was cancelled"... Seriously??? I DID NOT REQUEST AN ORDER TO BE CANCELLED. A horrible company to deal with and a horrible customer service. Not surprising, AMAZON is winning this online sales competition. WALMART can't compete in this age with such a horrible online division!

Original review: June 1, 2018

Order was supposed to arrive between 25th and 29th. Got msg that product had shipped on the 29th! (Should have been there already!) Tracking # was invalid. Walmart online said package arrives on 29th. It did not. 4 days later, still no package, We The People and Walmart do not know where package is, if it has even left warehouse. They send email this morning with new carrier, phone # and tracking # but when I called that phone, the carrier knew nothing about my package and did not even use tracking #s in that format. No one on phone or in email knows anything. Promised a phone call back in ten minutes - hour later still no return call. I am canceling order and will use Amazon, who does what they promise to do.

Original review: June 1, 2018

The Super Walmart where I shop has gone high tech. You can scan your items with your phone and bag them right away, or you can scan them with an in-store scanner and bag them. When you get to the register you can use Walmart pay or point the in-store scanner at the register designated for this purpose, and pay right there. If you do it correctly, you don’t waste any time getting in and getting out.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I am handicapped, walk with a walker, and require a handbasket (set on my walker seat) when I shop. I went into Wal-Mart, couldn't find a handbasket, and then approached Customer service. I explained my handicap and need and asked for a handbasket. They said that they have NONE of them; I stated that I cannot shop without a handbasket or a box or something to put my products into. The lady said, "Sorry" and I walked out. I simply can't shop there.

Original review: June 1, 2018

More than 1/2 the items have no price on the display or on the product. How do you expect to sell something with no pricing. You can never find anyone to get you the price and have to take it up to the register and then just leave behind anything that is too expensive.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I do most of my shopping at Walmart. Prices can't be beat. I can find just about everything from apples to zippers at Walmart, however, there is never anyone on the floor to help you locate an item.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I have purchased items at one Wal-Mart store that is located in the Cape area, and I have encountered a RATHER LARGE MESS WITH RETURNING it to other local store search, within, 20 mile proximity. I have been told that I have to return it to the store that I bought it from, because I bought it on "Clearance", and the other stores, "Doesn't want to take the loss", by accepting my return??? Since when, does it matter, where I return anything at Walmart, as long, as I have my receipt, and it is a timely manner??? They are costing their customers EXTRA MONEY WITH THIS KIND DISEASE OF PRACTICE, in my opinion, which, is costing them, my purchases.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I wasn't there very long. I needed help in finding a certain item and happened to be near 2 customer service reps. They were both able to give me the right directions. Very pleasant, too. I even commented on their service. Prior to this visit I wasn't able to find anyone to give me this help. I am very glad to see this happening. I notice this in a lot of different stores. I for one am very appreciative. It was a pleasure to see it in your stores as well. Thank you for adding this to the many benefits you already give us!

Wal-Mart Company Information