Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart

3.9/5 (2240 ratings)

About Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: June 20, 2022

On Thursday June 9, 2022 at approximately 4:35PM My wife and I went to the Walmart Store #5881 in Springfield PA. We planned on buying a new 65" TV and home theater accessories and components. As we arrived at the electronics/TV department we observed seven (7) store employees in the department glued to their phones completely ignoring us. I don't know if it was our tattoos or my wife's blue hair, no one looked our way, or said "hello". We felt completely discriminated against.

I had cash in hand and fully intended to purchase a new 65" tv and soundbar. After 15-20 minutes browsing through the department we tried to get the attention of 1 out of the 7 employees, to no avail. We left the store feeling completely dismayed and degraded. In comparison we decided to browse Bestbuy, the prices were higher, but that was completely offset by their professionalism and willingness to assist us.

Original review: June 16, 2022

I have bought 4 New Air Conditioners from Walmart since 5-5-21 (Last year), today is 6-16-22. 3 of these Air conditioners have quit already. The only one that really works right now, I bought this year in Feb so I've been using it about 2 months as of right now. I bought one last year on May 5th, The others I bought in May and June. Walmart tells me to call GE and Cool living, and BOTH tell me they won't replace them because the warranty is out after 1 year. The GE lasted about a month beyond the one year warranty. The other is a Cool Living 10,000, which acted really funny at the end of the summer but I didn't use it again until this year, so it was barely used either, It blows hot air. The other is a 12,000 BTU cool living and it's barely working now.. They all act like the cheap compressors are going out.

I've spent close to a thousand dollars on a pile of useless scrap iron and not one of these sorry companies will replace this garbage. I bought another GE from Walmart a few years back, it worked less than a year and did the same thing but they said it didn't have a warranty on it .. It's ridiculous what we pay for this stuff and it last a year.. Why can't we have an American product any longer that last like the old GE products did before they sold out to China? This junk doesn't last a year and neither Walmart NOR the manufacturers will stand behind these products.. It's shameless. I'm not rich.. I can't buy air conditioners every year like this..

What's wrong with them? Why they won't last any longer than a year? It's like they're made to last 10-12 months total running time and if you make it past the year, they tell you to get screwed.. It's completely wrong what these companies are doing selling garbage like this and won't stand behind it, Nor will Walmart apparently.. I'm out of close to a thousand dollars just this year alone and I've got one more AC I bought this Spring that I paid over 400.00 For.. I hope it last longer than a year but if it starts to even SOUND LIKE it has a problem, SOMEBODY WILL BE TAKING IT BACK if I have to drive it through the front door and park it in the check out counter!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2022

Walmart advertised a bathroom vanity with free 30 day returns. The product was delivered on 5/9/22. However my account still shows the product as "on it's way." I have attempted to call Walmart over 10 times to have this fixed in my account and start a return. Customer service states they will fix the problem and call me back. I have never gotten a return call and I continue to be unable to return the vanity. This is terrible customer service.

Original review: June 13, 2022

I was in need of some jars for jamming. I researched the prices online before going to a store and it appeared Walmart had the best prices. I drive 15 min. out of my way to the Store located at 577 N Germantown Pkwy where they refused to honor the price listed online at Walmart.com. I spent an hour in the checkout line and when it was finally my turn to check out I was told that this store would not match the Walmart.com price. When I told them it was the company policy to do so, they insisted it was not the store policy to match the online advertised price. This trip costs me both time and money. When I contacted corporate they told me it was up to the store about whether or not they “wanted” to match the online price. So although Walmart claims they will match the Walmart.com advertised price, they will not. This amounts to a bait and switch and I consider it a deceptive trade practice. So BUYER BEWARE! Do not expect to purchase any items from Walmart at the listed price, they will not honor their own policy.

Original review: May 16, 2022

Today I got grounds to sue Walmart from their 1303 Centennial Ave, Piscataway, NJ location at about 4:00 PM on Sunday 5/15/22. First for a HIPPA violation; and second for Intimidation Tactics and Bad Customer Service. Exactly what happened was me and my friend were going to pick up condoms (since I was running low) and Plan B (since with the Roe vs Wade decision I was worried it was going to get pulled off the shelves). The first example of Bad Customer Service was the response timing for opening the cabinet. It took us bothering the Pharmacy twice and the front to get someone to arrive 35 minutes after we first pushed the button. It was a busier day and we are dealing with a high theft item so if that was all that had happened I wouldn't be leaving this bad review.

Here's the HIPPA Violation. The associate that came to open the cabinet was an Older Indian Man. He asked what I needed and I said I needed access to both sides of the cabinet. He then said "No, I need to know exactly what you need." THAT IS A TEXTBOOK EXAMPLE OF A HIPPA VIOLATION. I used to be a Supervisor at a Pharmacy and when it comes to health related items they are NOT supposed to ask that. What you are supposed to do is unlock the side of the cabinet indicated, step back and allow the customer to select what is needed and take note if it's a high theft item. Or if it is an aisle under video surveillance (which this was complete with monitor letting us know we were being watched), step back and let the customer take what they need then relock the cabinet.

Here's the Bad Customer Service/ Intimidation tactics. Once I answered his inappropriate HIPPA violation question that I needed 2 boxes of Condoms and a Plan B he opened the door and stood next to the lock within 5 inches of me and made me remove the items while leering over me, which was made more difficult by the fact that the items weren't properly faced and the boxes were falling over. After I was forced to remove the items with him invading my personal space he then wanted to take the items. He told me I would have to finish my shopping and then ask AGAIN for the items up front. I had at that point had ENOUGH. I asked him if I could buy the items right now at the Pharmacy. He said yes but tried to insist that I needed to do the go to the front procedure.

I however am an advocate for my health and said No he could take them to the Pharmacy and I would pay Right Now. He dropped them off and finally left and then I had to get the Pharmacist's attention to finally Ring them up so I could get on with my day. My heart breaks for anyone who these intimidation tactics and inappropriate questions could have worked on. Like the 19 year old guy who has unprotected sex because getting a condom was made this difficult. Or worse yet the 17 year old girl who was one of the many unreported ** in this country asking for Plan B and getting leered at and violated again by this associate's questions. This sort of behavior is unacceptable and I will be sharing it publicly. Retrain your people and be happy I'm not suing after all you have the whole thing on tape which Can be subpoenaed.

Original review: April 4, 2022

We've been "members" of the WalMart+ program for 6 months now. I think we've had maybe 2 weeks without issue. We've had our delivery dropped on the wrong doorstep numerous times. Today our driver delivered the wrong order. This order was well over $400 (mine was $130). Called the store 4 times w/ no answer. Called Customer Service.

The agent argued that he could see a picture of my order on my doorstep. Sure, my doorstep, but not my order. Put me on hold then hung up on me. I texted the driver directly and he returned to pick up the wrong order and drop mine off. This is my last straw. I wasted 40 minutes today trying to track my order down. For that amount of time I can go to the store and get it myself. I got no apology from Customer Service, or the Store. The driver did text an apology. Additionally, they are always out of everything, even things I KNOW they have. Seriously, they had no lemons last week? None? I know there are shortages, but to not have something like that seems odd. If you are thinking of joining, don't bother! Go to Instacart! I will be as well!

Original review: April 4, 2022

I recently purchased a 29" piece of luggage but received the 21". I ordered online due to being disabled and could not return it to the store. Customer service emailed me a shipping label for FedEx and said they would pick up any where from 8am-5pm on April 2nd but they never showed up. I called customer service again the following day and this time they said that USPS would pick it up on April 4th between 8am-5pm. I asked if they would be emailing me a new shipping label since it was now a different service picking it up and the customer service rep said "no and that the FedEx label was ok". So...I waited for another whole day for the product to be picked up and when the USPS man came, he refused to take it because there was a FedEx label on it and the USPS would not get paid.

So...once again I called customer service and this time after speaking with several representatives (for an hour) they have told me that they will be sending FedEx out again and it will be any where's from 24-48 hours. I have already wasted 2 days waiting for this to be picked up and now they (Walmart) wants me to wait around for another 48 hours (2 days)? WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!

Original review: April 3, 2022

On February 4th, 2022 I ordered (5) Premier 14” Platform Metal Bed Frames from Walmart.com along with two sets of Ceramic Plate Sets for $506.57. I noticed later on after midnight on Feb 5th that the shipping address was the wrong address and immediately phoned Walmart to correct the address. I spoke to a young lady who was rude and obnoxious who said that she could NOT change my address per Walmart’s policy. She told me that I needed to get the order cancelled which she said she would do while I was on the phone and that I needed to re-order my items and send them to the correct address, which I did.

Walmart sent me an email stating that the shipment would go out Feb 7th, so that meant there was time enough to cancel that order instead of charging me over $1,000 for (10) bed frames. On Feb 10th, I received an email stating that (5) bed frames were sent to the address that I didn’t want them to go to and I called them immediately and told them to come and pick them up. They told me that I needed to carry those heavy bed frames to Fed Ex or Walmart and I told them that I am not able to do that seeing that I cancelled the order and I already purchased the 5 bed frames sent to the correct address in a few days.

I spoke to Representative Edward on 2-10-22 @ 12:45pm to complain that Walmart charged me (2) times for bed frames. Solution: Edward said that since I couldn’t physically bring the items into the store or Fed Ex and I didn’t have a printer to print out a return label that he would run through a transaction to get my refund within 3-5 biz days. He said that I could Dispose of bed frames or keep them since it wasn’t my fault that the original order was NOT cancelled by Marcella (or so says the email) as she instructed it would be.

I waited a week and there was NO refund so I phoned Walmart back and that is when all the games begun. The horrible customer service agents hung up in my face, put me on hold when I asked to speak to a supervisor then hung up while waiting to speak to a supervisor, told me that they weren’t giving me anything because the items were delivered, laughed at my distress, and told me to call my credit card company to get my refund. I cannot find any corporate phone numbers to inform the higher ups that they have severe problems with their customer service agents and policies.

I believe Walmart has very deceptive policies and certainly horrible CS staff & practices. Looks like from thousands of reviews I read, after the fact, that many people are experiencing these terrible things and have been for years. Reviews after reviews within Walmart are simply horrifying and this company is declining every minute of the day. I will stick with Amazon from now on and pay a higher price than to be ridiculed, gas lighted, and tormented with the games they play with their unfair practices. Walmart SUCKS and gets a negative ZERO thumbs down from me. I am writing to the BBB, Consumer Affairs, Trustpilot, and California’s Attorney General, and so should you all if you are reading this post and have experienced any of these horrors!!!

Original review: March 27, 2022

Terrible experience shopping at Walmart.com for a gift card that was SUPPOSED TO BE E-gift to my sister for her birthday. She never received it and I’m not getting anywhere with customer service, customer relations, billing or gift card services. They won’t give me my money back and I called 8 times since March 24,2022 which is when I purchased the e-gift card online that was never received by my sister.

Original review: March 26, 2022

Wow, this is such a disappointment, what has happened to customer service! I bought 2 tires online & delivery to store. Then found out they will only install a minimum of 4 tires on my car. My order said they would be available for pick-up on Thursday. Well now on Saturday, they tell me it will be ready on Monday afternoon. The associate in auto dept. was rude to other customers also and wouldn't give me an estimated time arrival. I had to call corporate to get any information. They offered me $5.00 coupon for my troubles. That would only pay for gas to & from store. What a joke Wally World has become. My future shopping will never include Wally World again. Buyer Beware. All their stores have changed to self check out and only 1 or 2 full service check out for the whole store.

Wal-Mart Company Information