Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart

3.8/5 (2226 ratings)

About Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I'm in the process of building a new home and need 28 rolls Cedar-mat to install a metal roof. After determining that Walmart sells this product at a significant savings to Home Depot ($169.00 vs $214.00) I tried placing an order on the Walmart website. Unfortunately, Walmart limits the number of rolls you can purchase on their website to 12 ea. After placing 3 separate orders to get the 28 rolls that I needed to complete the job, I get a notification from my bank about a suspicious purchase on my credit card.

After I verifying my purchase with Chase Bank I was told that it was OK to go ahead a reorder. After placing a second order with Walmart I get a second notification from Walmart canceling this order. I spent the rest of my "day" on phone speaking with various Walmart Fraud department, customer service personnel and supervisors never getting this order resolved. I've decided to place this order with a local distributor at the same price as Walmart but I will have to pay for shipping. I sure wish Amazon sold this product because Walmart is a nightmare getting someone who knows what they're doing.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

Been using Walmart Plus and Delivery since last year and it just keeps getting worse. Something always missing from my order. Lately orders delayed, and then just cancelled. Customer service wants to offer a $10 promo code. Money takes forever to get put back onto card. Save yourself the headache and use Amazon Prime and a different grocery store.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

I suggest store pick up or shop elsewhere. Father's day, they insisted that my delivery was made but couldn't verify and after a long process it was refunded. Black Friday store delivery wasn't available, was asked if it could be changed to Walmart delivery. Kept saying delayed, now the car said lost and will need to do a refund. No raincheck. Item was about 50% off so now because they lost the delivery I have to wait 48 hrs for specialist to contact me about the refund and pay full private another retailer. I am done with Walmart delivery. The store and competition has never failed me. Walmart delivery has failed 2 out of 2 times, guess that's 100% though I give a 0%!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

I bought a set of their tires a year ago, yesterday had a flat tire (two nails) and I haven't yet being able to get in touch with their auto service department on the phone, Tried different hours and even on the last tried, 22 minutes listening their phone ringing, didn't get anyone on the phone. I know nowadays a lot of people rather sit at home collecting free money from the government than getting a job, but Walmart should be able to get someone even if they have to pay what the market calls for.

Resolution response: Dec. 1, 2022

Aha! I set my computer to block third party cookies. It looks as though this may have solved the problem. I do appreciate the WalMart+ home delivery service and will continue to use it. It's definitely a great service.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

Love WalMart+, it's a great service. But my state has few laws limiting the sale of my private info. When you sign up for the + service there is a link you can click to "limit the sale of my private information" but when I click it, I'm told my state (Co) doesn't allow for stricter control. Been swamped with ~50 junk emails a day since I signed up - for a year! And yes, it's Wal-Mart+. Signing up for and using WM+ is the only change I've made as far back as a month before I signed up and started using it. I've set my computer on the strictest security settings and I clean up cookies every day. Still getting a junk email tsunami. Really do love Wal-Mart+, and it's not their fault I'm getting all the junk emails. It's my stupid state. So be aware of this situation, and in case your state is like mine, are you willing to spend a lot of time getting rid of your junk email every day?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

I went to Weymouth Massachusetts Walmart and I went to go return electronic headset. Yes number one I have my receipt. Number two I had bought in this headset at Quincy Walmart maybe an hour and a half beforehand. Remember I have my receipt. I was told I could not return at a different Walmart and I specified, "I have my receipt. Why can't I return at this Walmart?" I went online and looked to see if I could return so there was a young woman that come over on the service desk. Was absolutely disgusting the way she treated me. Pretty much told me how pathetic I was for returning a $15 product that I'm going to get mad about it and then she called over supposedly another manager and another manager had told me, "Yeah you can't return this here." And I asked, "Why? I have my receipt. Everything's in the box." There's no reason for it so then they pretty much laughed at me. There was now people actually videotaping this.

I had my neighbor across the aisle that looked over because they were pretty much embarrassing me. I've never felt like that in a storm my entire life. I have my own business. I would never treat anybody in this manner. I think that the young girl has a little bit too much power and she just thinks she owns Walmart but it doesn't matter if I'm returning something for 10 cents. I work very hard for my money and nobody should judge me on what I'm returning and second of all I call Walmart the Weymouth Walmart and I ask the exact question I went to Quincy which is a couple miles up the street Walmart, "Can I return my headphone electronics?" "Of course you can as long as you have your receipt" and he says, "Wait a minute. Did you return it more than 30 days?" I says, "No maybe an hour and a half ago I bought this."

I just can't believe that Walmart is allowing these people to treat people in this manner. It's disgusting. It's embarrassing and if that's how they treat people all of us that are shopping there we need to do something about it because it's disgusting. So tomorrow after I talk to the young man excuse me today I'm going back to the Walmart and the same girl is going to be working there and I'm going to see how this goes and I will tell her that I will record this because I'm not going to be treated like that again. I still can't believe my poor neighbor looked at me. Imagine if it was my my son's school if somebody saw me in there like I'm trying to beg for $15. Disgusting. Disgusting. Disgusting. Shame on you Walmart.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

On October 15 I placed an order for 2 items and both were received and delivered on 21 and 22 of October. Walmart took their money from my account and then decided to go back into my account and take the money again on top of having over $75 in overdraft fees because they decided to go back into my bank account. Nov. 5 I called the customer service 1800 number and they was absolutely rude and refused to pay those fees or give me my money back. I have been shopping with Walmart online for years and never had this happened. Walmart customer support is horrible and I will never shop with them again. I advise people to stay away from ordering online with walmart.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

I recently went to Walmart to load a debit card and get a roll of quarters. I put my cash out for the debit card and was told since it was a cash transaction I needed to show my ID. I didn’t have it with me and was told “too bad”. Then I tried to get a roll of quarters and was told that Walmart doesn’t make change. And to top it off she was rude about both transactions. So I did some grocery shopping and paid in cash. A cash transaction and didn’t have to show an ID for that one. The employees at Walmart think they can run the show. I will NEVER go to Walmart again.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

I ordered a phone they had advertised as 3-day shipping. I waited 5 days to get my phone. When I went to activate, I was informed they did not scan the item. I am not able to activate it at all. Wal-Mart said I must send them the phone back. Until it arrives, they will not send me a new one. I waited all that time for nothing. They took my money and then basically called me a thief. I am sending it back for a refund and taking my business elsewhere. A complete and utter waste of time. They offered no compensation, nothing. They were a better company than that. Because their employee failed to do his job and scan the item before shipping, I am being punished.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

I went on the 13th for an eye exam I picked my frames out and when it came time to pay the balance I told the dude I didn't have it right now and can I pay when I pick them up. He said no, they have to be paid for first. So I went back in the 21st to pay for them. The lady at the counter said they were in. Which I was not expecting cause of what the guy told me. But they never even called to tell me my glasses were in. It seems some people that are from here aren't all that bright. I've had other issues different places here.

Wal-Mart Company Information