Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

When the Walmart store in this area first opened it was a real blessing. Eventually, other businesses in the area started to fail and finally, closed. Now that there is nowhere else to shop Walmart has gone downhill as well. The selection is terrible, and the quality of items has turned sour. Especially in the clothing departments.

Customer service has also gone downhill in a big way. I once waited over a half hour for someone to come and assist me in the bicycle department, finally leaving because no one could be bothered. One of the cashiers called and called for assistance to no avail. I had a woman in the infant department, I believe the department head, that wouldn't even begin to try to get me a price on an unmarked carseat. She told me that it must be the same price as another seat which was nearby that was clearly a better quality, more expensive seat. Needless to say, I left with no carseat that day.

I feel like the people of this area are being taken advantage of and being treated poorly because of the fact that places to shop are so limited here. Half of the time I can't find what I am looking for, simply because it isn't in stock anymore. You can forget about finding any decent shoes. What has happened to the quality at Walmart?

I used to be able to go to the ladies department and find something that I actually liked. Now selection is geared toward the really young and the old. I'm 33, and I'm no teenager but far from old. They call the Walmart here a Super Center, I fail to see anything super about it.

I'm not saying that there are no good workers at our Walmart, There are many cashiers that I find very courteous and friendly. It would be nice, although, if you didn't have to hunt someone down to get questions answered or to get something off of a shelf that is too high to reach. I know many people who share my feelings about the way Walmart has become, and many of us are considering paying a little more elsewhere to get the service and quality that we prefer.

Purchased TV from Wal-Mart on Black Friday 2 years ago. It appears to have crashed a week ago, Oct. 10, 2016. I have done everything in my power to turn it on. I unplugged it from the wall and cable box. Nothing happens. It just makes a high pitch noise and no screen.

We were in the store when I asked a girl for help. She ask me about my star of David necklace, then told me in this town we do not put up with that. Asking for her manager, she said when I die I will go straight to hell. We were so blown away we ran out. I will never never step into a Wal-Mart again

The mattress I bought from Walmart.com was questionable because it was only $303 but I love it. It is more comfortable than the one that was $600 on another site. And the 10 year warranty is great. I love it! I'm very happy with the purchase. My only problem is the delivery guy didn't have me sign or didn't check my ID. It could have very easily gone to someone else then I would have lost my purchase.

Walmart knows there is a security breach in the gift cards customers buy at the store but, apparently nothing has been done since 2004 and now eGift Cards are also being breached. On July 11, 2016, I received a eGift Card as a refund from the Walmart Product Care Plan Program. I did not print it out until 9/23/16 and when I went to the local Walmart to use it, I found out my balance of $84.99 was short by $60. When I requested a history on the card, it showed that on 8/5/16, at 12:59 pm and 13:06 pm the card was used at Walmart store #9115 (which does not exist). I called the company the same night to find out how to get my money back but nothing. I called again today and it looks that I will have to wait another 3 days to get an answer and for what I have been able to research online and on YouTube, the company is not doing anything to resolve this situation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

I recently bought a fitness bicycle at walmart.com. The bike was rated for users up to 440 lbs and it was intended for adult users. However the maximum seat height was not even close to enough, so that the legs will not be able to fully extend when in the down-most paddle position. And I am not exactly a tall person. Needless to say the bicycle is NOT to be used for exercising or fitness purposes, as that limited range of motion will actually be extremely harmful to the riders knees.

The main reason I had bought it at walmart.com was that I could return it to the local walmart store. Not so fast!!! I bought the item at walmart.com, I have an order confirmation from walmart.com, my credit card has been charged by walmart.com, BUT walmart is refusing to take the return. I am forced to contact a third party vendor (ID Rack) and see if and how I may be able to return their misdesigned item. Walmart is selling items, but takes no responsibility for them. Great customer service! Obviously walmart has lost me and my family as a customer. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING AT WALMART!!!

I purchased a glass wave coffee table which came fully intact and with complete instructions, assembled easily and I love it. Then bought a TV stand for my new TV. It also came fully intact, no scratches etc. and easy to follow instructions. It went together quickly and easily. Love them both and would recommend them to anyone. Ordered online, got free shipping to store, easy pick up, they put the items in my car for me, (I am 70 years old BTW) and got them home and assembled with no problems.

Went to their website. Surfed the different items, found the one I liked, and ordered it. Simple & easy. I am 70 years old, and don't do this kind of thing very often, but I was moving, and decided to treat myself to some new things. So I bought a new TV, also at Walmart, then the new TV stand, and a new glass wave coffee table. My first NEW pieces of furniture in 15 yrs. I was very happy with the ease and NO pressure of ordering and receiving my order.

More selection than just in the store. Free shipping to the store! Easy return to the store if it does not fit or for any other reason. Easy pickup from the customer service counter. Workers have always been nice. My local store did not have the item I wanted in stock. I looked online, saw what I needed, added it to the cart, followed the easy checkout instructions and simply went to the customer service counter to pick up my item. Item usually ships within a week. My last purchase arrived in 2 days.

Over my the past four years as an online customer, one time an error was made on a shipment of cookware. Not only did they rush (overnight) my replacement order, but they also took 10% off the price for my inconvenience automatically without me even asking. Very pleased! Search for what you want by name - almost as good as Google! Just because your local store doesn't carry an item, you can still get it online. They will also source products from other vendors (usually at a lower price) and consolidate your order.

You are instantly notified via email both when your order is received and when it ships. Click on the tracking info, and you know exactly when to expect your shipment. Photos, product information, and customer reviews are also well done on their site - no surprises. Very helpful for appliances and clothing to make sure you get what suits your needs or fits well. For the little guy without a lot of money, Wal-Mart is the go-to source for many items - orders over $50 ship free - always - love that! And the prices - always reasonable, and usually the lowest to be found online. Great for busy parents.

I was shopping at the Walmart on Upton Drive in Virginia beach when I had to see a "supervisor" or senior female employee following another employee who was sweeping, she was saying horrible demeaning things to this young man who just kept trying to sweep the floors. It was totally disgusting to see how Walmart allows their employees to be treated. I will not shop there if that is how they treat employees. This happened 9/24/2016 around 11:15 PM.

Today 9/29/16 I went into the burnsville, mn Walmart and was going to buy tostinos salsa cheese dip jar and notice crust underneath the lid and that crust turned out to be dead dry maggots. Im very disgusted by this. I go to Walmart every day to buy everything I need in my house including my food that I eat. Imagine how disgusted I am by the way Walmart has just stopped caring about what they put on their shelves. I have pictures of this disgusting product that Walmart sells.

I am here to stand up for the managers and employees who in my opinion do not get treated well. Here is Tucson, at the neighborhood mkt , the mgrs work so hard and run between two stores. The top honchos in my opinion and their superiors are A number on you know what. Dictated by the scumbag corporation. I am sure the work hours they work are against the law and I plan to look into it. Nicest employees, and they too have a bad time of it, due to cut hours etc. Also it is in a high crime area and praise be to God they have brought in the best security guards who are wonderful. I like the products at this store but it is poorly stocked in some areas, not the fault of the mgr for sure.

Not only is customer service horrible, but the employees act like they hate their jobs. And everything at this store is always marked way above what it says it is online. What a crappy business. It should be shut down and replaced with all American business.

I literally signed up for SHIPPING PASS 4 days ago, tried it for the 1st time, ordered a total of 8 things and only 3 of the 8 was delivered. They literally left 80% of the order out of the package. How in the world can you only deliver 3 of 8 things? I have never seen anything like it. I cannot imagine that wack jobs they have working at the distribution centers. Needless to say, I won't be using them again! They claim they will replace everything I just have to wait 5-7 days for the re-deliver! That's nice! I PAID for 2 day shipping!

Took my car to the Walmart in Bradenton, Florida on Cortez Road to repair 1 of my tires. The service manager refused to repair the tire indicating all my tires were old and cracking so that is why the 1 tire loses air. Incredibly he recommended I purchase 4 new tires?? I told him the tires are not old and are not cracking. He did not even bother removing the tire from the car to see where the leak was. I told him he needed to work on his customer service and sales tactics. I took the car to a different tire shop and they fixed the leak. No problem.

The Walmart website is highly problematic and completely useless to work with. It often crashes, which is very frustrating, and the information in it is often incorrect. The main problem is the online shopping portion, where items will show as available and then not be in the store as the website says. I think the state of the Walmart online shopping system is deplorable, and is too inconvenient to bother using. Walmart has enough money that they can develop this resource for those who utilize online shopping over in store shopping.

Well Wal-Mart does hire stupid people. If they are people I'M not even 50% sure about that. They just tried tell me and argue with me about T-Mobile runs off vzw aka Verizon Towers and btw I been a cell phone dealer since Jan 2014 and own my own vzw and T-Mobile company/Carrier since Aug 29 2016. We need put a stop to Wal-Mart. They think they are going to open 300 more stores - I don't think so. I will go to court and stop it. I'M tired of this ** and tired of protecting people and stores and helping them and not getting anything in return. I am tired of been yelled and bitched at about letting stores and people getting away/by with **!!!

The camera dept. had no products in stock. NONE!!! This store lost over 500.00 in sales that went to Best Buy instead. To top it all off the one thing that I did get turned out to be moldy!!! Have you ever seen what happens when you feed moldy food. I do not have a way to photo my receipt but trans # is **. This walmart is in ave creek az and is a wannabe store.

The price for Gatorade lemon-lime 20oz, 24pack in STORE price (on their website) at Watertown NY is $1.68, a person named DAVE from Asset Department in Watertown NY, denied it for selling the product for that price. I told him it's false advertisement and I asked if he can call corporate to check the price, he said "no, I cannot sell the 24pk for $1.68." So I called the Corporate office and they will call me back on restitute this matter. Walmart you need to fix your prices on your website or trained your personnel to do a better customer service. (Servicing the customer not being rude.)

I ordered a vacuum cleaner through Walmart.com. When I initially ordered it through Walmart.com, the display page said, "Pick up the same day." I input my payment information and then the pick up date was changed to September 3rd. My card was charged on August 22nd (the day it was shipped). The tracking information that the customer has access to showed that the vacuum had arrived in Raymond NH on August 27th and was scanned out for shipment to the store in Worcester MA on August 28th. Raymond NH is 1.5 hours away from the final destination.

It is now September 4th and the tracking information says the same thing. Logged out of Raymond NH on the 28th. After that there is no information. I called the store on September 3rd and they were totally useless. They could not tell me a thing. I then called Walmart.com on September 3rd and received the same answer. Customer Service is certainly not important to this mega-giant. Now - bear in mind - my card had been charged back on August 22nd, the day my order had been shipped.

I called again this morning (September 4th) and still no vacuum. I asked for a refund. They did consent to give me one, but it will not take effect for 5 business days from today. My money will not be available to me until September 12th. (Labor Day and the weekends are not considered business days.) So they have had the payment for 20 days and I have not received anything except a great deal of aggravation. I will NEVER order anything from them again.

I buy Mainstays towels (27x52 in) in bulk many times at Wal-Mart. When I first started buying, I noticed a marked difference in thickness in certain colors of towels, so I avoided them. Now, I noticed measurement differences (measurements, which are highly imperative for me). I've called Wal-Mart's corporate office four times during the month of August with ABSOLUTELY no return call and no resolution. This is false advertising and inappropriate labeling, along with ripping off the public. I have all my receipts and photos to prove this!!

Ok so I go to the Wal-Mart in Lehighton, PA. Let me start off by saying, the employees in the customer service/site to store section are ALWAYS rude! No customer service experience at all. I ordered a crib mattress on August 19 site to store. I selected the option "cash" to pay in store for my item, so that's what I did, same day no issues. My mattress was supposed to be there on August 24. Still hasn't updated that it was delivered. So I waited until the 25, still nothing. So after work I went to my local store and see what was going on. They said my mattress wasn't going to arrive until August 31!? WHAT?? I needed it ASAP, it was a baby shower gift. Everyone was so rude about it, like god forbid I be upset about this, right?! Yeah.

So I told them to just give me a refund and I'll just buy the mattress in store. So they said, (rudely), "ok we refunded the money back to your card." I said... "wh... what card? I paid in cash?" She said "YOU DID, OH NO." What the hell? Where did my money go? So I finally got it refunded in cash after waiting 30 minutes for the assist. manager. The employee was talking rude to me even in front of this manager and he did NOTHING about it. Anyway.

So I went to get my mattress, the same exact one I got online, and it was way more expensive in store?! I went back to customer service and said, "could I have just done an exchange since it's the same exact mattress?" Online it was 53 and some change that I got refunded for and in store, it was well over 60 bucks. They said no because I already got my refund. They didn't have the time to reverse the transaction. THEY DIDN'T HAVE TIME? OHHH. Ok. I was so pissed. It's like these people get off of making you miserable. And they want 15+$ an hour. Yeah. Scummy ignorant kids.

I bought a 46in Flat Screen TV from Walmart last year and it lasted 1 year. They wanted me to pay to repair it. Please don't ever purchase any electronics from this company. They have 754 complaints.

Well what can I say. The biggest retail company in the world is arguably the biggest ** head company in the world. Let's see. I make a site to store order for my son's birthday. Of course they said they had them in stock so I make an order to go pick up today then I check my email and it says check status. Well lo and behold the items I ordered were not in stock and so they decided to take it upon themselves to go ahead and shoot me the items. So instead of me getting him today that day and going to a different store they decided to take it in their hands and ship me the item. Food takes about 10 days to get there so now I do not have a present for my son. How embarrassing and my father have to tell him here's a gift coming in the mail by Walmart. They actually have no permission to do that. This should not be allowed to do that. That anyone should be allowed to cancel your order should have so it's already processing you can cancel. That is a crock of **.

If this was Nordstrom's or Macy's or any recognizable company it would never be any of these issues. Walmart just does not care about its customers. What is typical Corporate America and anyone in between gets left in the dust. They know it, I know it, everyone knows it. But how about show your customers a little more respect. AC shop at Walmart 3 to 4 times a week. I no longer have a shop there ever again. I will just order amazon.com which is way better, way faster, and way more respect for Walmart. EAT A FAT **. And I really don't know what the point is and complaining because no one there and get that ** at all. Absolutely no way lol. Guarantee you I will not get responses. Until then ** off Walmart. I'm glad you get ripped off all the time.

I had ordered a calculator from walmart.com. I was told it would be ready for store pick up the same day. It was not and I received notice of order cancellation 3 days later, after contacting them to find out where my order was. They charged my credit card for the product that they cancelled and when I speak with Walmart.com they say that it's the store where the item was to be picked up that needs to issue the refund and when I talk with the store they are saying that they never received the order to begin with. Now I'm being told that my bank let the charge go through when they shouldn't have. Seems to me that Walmart shouldn't have charged my card if they didn't have the product in stock and didn't plan to get it back in stock. I WILL NEVER SHOP WALMART AGAIN. In store or on line.

They don't ship on the weekends. I paid for fast delivery and they gave me a date to receive it on Sunday. Horrible. I wouldn't even have wasted my time. I could of found the item somewhere else. I don't understand how a business can have this error. Now I have to go through all this return bs to have my money refunded. Very pissed.

Store in East Flagstaff Arizona. I'm a retail manager in a department store. There are so many outs on the shelfs in this store. Cannot purchase half of the products that we are trying buy. Is there even a manager working at this location. This has been an on going problem on east side store. Very disappointed in this location. I have traveled all over United States, visited lot of Walmart locations, this seems to be the worst of all the Walmart I have visited. In my opinion management in that location needs to be re-evaluated. Needs some serious attention.

Attempted to order a fridge from .com in Fernley Nevada. Site said would take 7 to 10 days to pick up item. However, the store stated they had 10 in stock. Called Walmart.com regarding this and the csr (can't service right) person on the phone said their stock is separate from any store. This is crap. I travel and cannot pop into the same store to acquire a late delivery item... when it is in fact in stock at that store. I even selected the pick up at store option on the website.

Furthermore, the csr would not assist me whatsoever or transfer me to management. I stated that THIS WAS NOT a good customer experience tactic by Walmart and have management call me regarding this poor service activity. NO CALL SINCE A MONTH AGO. Go figure! 2nd, Walmart in store has over 22 aisles generally. 2 are usually open...4 if they get busy. Again WTF! I attempted to buy cigarettes with my $100 worth of groceries in Wood Village Oregon...only to have the cashier refuse to get my additional items with the excuse "my register won't ring them up". News flash Walmart... if you carry it... sell it! Screw the political correctness store of the new century.

My wife and me live in Anderson and do our shopping in Greenfield because there is not enough checkouts open in Anderson but now Greenfield is doing the same thing. Who wants to go through self-checkout with 150-200 worth groceries.

Placed an order online with store pickup option, while ordering it showed the store have 4 items in stock. I got an email immediately saying the order should be available for 4 hours. After 24 hours I got an email saying my order is cancelled because they don't the item in stock. I understand goof up's happen and ordered a different configuration with the option to pick up at same store and they repeated same thing. Please don't purchase anything online and waste your time. I lost 4 days in the process by which I might have ordered the same thing on Amazon for a little lesser price and still delivered to me a day ahead.

Wal-Mart Company Profile