Wal-Mart
3.56/5
Based on 5,195 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Wal-Mart

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

7143 Wal-Mart Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Two of the things I never thought I would be doing; leaving a 5 star review for a wrong order and leaving a 5 star review for Walmart, but here I am leaving a 5 star review for both of these things. We just moved to New York and ordered a full-size air mattress until our furniture arrives in a week. The mattress came, however, it was the wrong size - a twin. I called the customer service line, sure that I would have to wait on hold for an extended period and someone picked up immediately. I have to wait longer when calling American Express.

The representative was very nice and even though he wasn't able to get the correct mattress to us in time, he acknowledged the error and issued a refund and said we could use the money to grab an air mattress at a Walmart near NYC or any other store. To our surprise, we'll be heading slightly out of the way to purchase it from a Walmart. In short - excellent customer service, quickly owned up to a simple error, and had a solution.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

The employees are wonderful and always very helpful. Sometimes it takes an extra minute to understand them or them me (I chose to study Latin in high school, not Tagalog. My bad.) The management has not always been as patient or helpful. Once I asked a woman that had been pointed out as a manager to ask a question. I had to follow her around even after I had gotten her attention! When, with a sigh, it appeared I was not giving up she turned to me with a huff and asked me "What I wanted?!" I proceeded to ask her why there were no cashiers other than self service, open. She said they must all be on break and started to talk to another employee.

I, rather perturbed by now, pointed out she had TWO employees working to assist self service (which I will never use EVER) and could she not take one of them to work as a cashier? I was abruptly told that NO, they were all assigned stations they could not change, turned and walked away. Hmph! I still shop here but it's only because it's the only store of its nature within an hour's drive!!! I ended up waiting for a cashier to make my purchase and when I told her what had happened she simply said they want more customers using self service and swiftly looked over her shoulder to make sure no one HEARD her!!!!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Customer service at our local Walmarts is satisfactory. There is always someone around to ask a question of or for assistance. Checkouts are smooth and efficient. Prices are another subject. Walmart rarely has sales where there are sufficient cents or dollars off to warrant extra purchase. Also, not having sales doesn't give incentive to shop at Walmart for extra savings. Prices compared to another local grocery store are high. Most Walmart store brands in respect to food do not taste as good as other groceries store brands. Pet food prices and supplies as well as variety are equal to other stores and satisfy basic needs. One action of Walmart that has caused disappointment is their removal of firearms and reduction of the size of their sporting goods departments.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Walmart is one of the best stores anyone can go to and find everything you need in one awesome store, love my Walmart. I recently went in. Was looking for a couple small things for Christmas. Wasn't sure really what I wanted to get my niece and my best friend. As I look into the woman's department everything was clearanced. I found so many beautiful tops and the price was amazing. Couldn't believe Walmart had everything at a low price. Between my niece and my best friend I spent ten dollars on each and got some really cute tops and legit. Fresh food was definitely out. Didn't have to go to another store to get everything I needed. Store was very clean and people were really nice. Didn't have to wait for a cashier to fix any of the prices. Everything scanned just what it was marked down to. Thank you to the wonderful people at Walmart for making me feel great and being amazing.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Overall Walmart does have many items to choose from. Unfortunately, many times they are out of specific brand names. It makes me wonder if they might be pushing their store brand. The employees are quite helpful and polite at my local store. I shop here at least weekly and can usually find exactly what I want. But I have noticed that Walmart quality and services seems to change from location to location. An example is the Walmart at Monroeville, Alabama location seems to have lesser quality clothing and less varieties of food. An example is trying to find a fresh corned beef. Virtually impossible! The friendliness and helpfulness of the employees here was much less than at my local store. This made me appreciate my store. Overall I enjoy my experience at my Calhoun Walmart.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

About 2 weeks ago I went to Walmart in Chino Hills. It was a horrible experience for me in this store! The staff were probably trained to be heartless people! I accidentally hit my head to the rack and fell. I had bruise and head swollen. It's face and ear contusion. The rack was grey color and similar color like the floor. The racks were close to each other and very unnoticeable, I made a claim already when I was in the store. The staff were not helpful. I got hurt and yet said to me that the bruise looks like old one, It was so intimidating and I was totally shocked! I was a bit dizzy and asked if they can call 911 or ambulance for me but they refused! Being a successful hyperstore like Walmart yet being so not caring of the customer I was very socked and upset! So I called my family and they came and called 911 for me, the fireman came and asked if I need an ambulance but I was able to walk therefore I chose to go with my brother to my Kaiser Emergency.

I had scan and exam and so far only face and ear contusion. But here I want to warn people who goes to Walmart that be careful not only the danger of any unexpected hazard but also be careful that if some accidents happened to you, you should seek the help from your family or friend because the staff were probably trained to intimidate you in order not take any liability! We being customers of this multibillion store yet they are heartless to the customers. Finally today I got email that Walmart claim department asked me to call her and I did. In the beginning she was friendly and once she found the file and said it’s not the store’s negligence and will not pay me. Her tune totally changed and became very mean! I asked her if I can have the video or picture but she said no.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

2019 Our local Wal-Mart recently changed their return policy and no longer allows returns without a receipt. This didn't bother me because I always use the same credit card and they promised to look up a purchase and process refunds with credit card verification. I now have had three incidents where I am absolutely sure I bought a product there and used my credit card, yet they say they cannot find the purchase. This is surely a scam. My husband says I need to start testing the system by saying I can't find my receipt...then when they can't find the purchase on my credit card...producing the receipt and busting them. This is going to take a lot of their time, but I feel it's dirty business on their part.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I ordered a air conditioner unit online when I found out the apartments my company rented did not have air conditioning. I ordered on a Sunday. Arrival was estimated as Tuesday. Makes sense they talk about 2 day delivery. Except it wasn't 2 day delivery. They did not specify it would be a week from Tuesday. So in the meantime my roommate purchased 2 units. So when the unit arrived I returned it to the local Walmart. A week later I'm not seeing the $144 credit to my account. Now I'm being told because I made an online purchase with my debit card it will take 4 to 6 weeks to see the refund to my account!!?? Not happy!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I bought sausage on 9/7 /2019 and the expiration / best use by date was 7/14/2019. The sausage was spoiled and dried out. Unfortunately I was so angry I took a picture of the expiration date and threw the sausage in the trash. I was travelling for work and and could not take the product back to the store. Why would Walmart still have food this old in the cooler.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

This all started Thursday when I attempted to buy some Uncle Ben's Rice. I went to your website and selected the item, I wanted to pick it up but the website would not permit me to order it. So I went into the store to see customer service. After waiting in line for 15 minutes, the supervisor told me that they could not place the order for me but it would have to be done on-line. I explained the nature of the problem I was encountering and handed him my cellphone. He was unable to place the order either. He said that the only way the order could be place was to speak to someone at Walmart.com. He gave me the telephone number and I waited through 4 separate menus before reaching someone in customer service.

That person was unable to help me and transferred me to another individual to whom I was finally able to place my order. She said it was after 3 PM but the item would be available for pick-up on Saturday. Relying on her information I headed into the store. I drove up to the grocery delivery area and called the number on the sign. They told me they had no record of my order. I had to go into the store and then walk over to a special desk and that person checked my order but told me that even though it showed delivery on Saturday, they had no Saturday deliveries of groceries.

I was beyond frustration at this point and all I got was a number to call Walmart.com. It took me 21 minutes to get through to a supervisor. After going through the entire problem that I was experiencing she apologized for MY confusion, she did not own the problem and asked if I were near a computer so that I could place another order for delivery. I told her I expected Walmart to resolve this problem, the only thing she could do was cancel my order. I simply asked if she would put the order out for delivery since it had been their lack of clarity and lack of training of their store employees that had caused this problem. She said that all she could do was cancel my order and then place a new order and that there would be a delivery charge added on. She did not have the authority to place the order with no delivery charge.

I am an experienced mystery shopper with over 1500 shops and I must say that this is the worst shopping experience that I have ever encountered. The staff was helpful in the store but were not trained in how to solve a Walmart.com problem. They did not own the problem and blamed the system. When the system failed the client they blamed the client on his confusion. Then they would not solve the problem only to suggest that I order it again and see if the delivery charge was waived.

This entire fiasco to over 4 hours 2 visits to the store and 55 minutes on the phone and the best they could suggest is I call back again to make sure that the fee for delivery was waived. For the record, if I do not receive a responsible corporate response in the next 48 hours I will disseminate my experience through every social media outlet. You cannot treat customers with such disrespect and not enable anyone on the front line to solve the problem. What started out as a splinter is now a fully infected involved dissatisfied client.

Wal-Mart Company Information