2. Shopping

Wal-Mart
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.46/5
Based on 5,142 ratings submitted in the last year

Wal-Mart Reviews

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I was hesitant to order online from Walmart, but I hate going to the store and not finding what I need. I ordered two bottles of Downy, 2 large bottles of Dawn dishwashing detergent, a large bottle of Mr. Clean, and 2 large bottles of Tide. Everything but the Tide came in a couple of days after ordering. Everything was well sealed and put in baggies. I received the Tide a few days later, and the caps were not sealed with tape as the other bottles had been, and product leaked out. The bottles were in a plastic bag, so it didn't make a mess in the box, but there was a lot of wasted product. I did an online chat and let them know what happened. Within less than 2 minutes, they had ordered two replacement bottles free of charge. No hassle. I will definitely be ordering again!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

While Walmart has good prices, their search engine is horrible and cannot seem to process more than 1 or 2 filters without messing up the search results. Furthermore, better prices can often be found on Amazon and the items are often coming from the same third party seller. Walmart is trying to compete with Amazon with their next day delivery, but I haven't been able to get my time right in terms of ordering early enough to get that option even if the items are marked 'next day delivery' eligible; also, Walmart's 2 day delivery isn't as good as Amazon's.

You can order from Walmart on Monday, they don't process it until Tuesday and maybe ship that day in which you should get items by Thursday, but if they don't ship until Wednesday, items are delivered by Friday, so that's really 3 or 4 day delivery; whereas with Amazon, they give you the 'order by' countdown to have items delivered by a certain date and if you order on Monday, you'll most likely have your items in 2 days on Wednesday!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Walmart continues to work to provide Great value for people like me (Senior citizen, and Low income) as measured by average to high-quality products and the lowest price available nearby. Regardless of the opposition, Walmart is worth shopping at. Most things I buy at Walmart are as good as or better than I can get at the higher-priced store across the street from them or anywhere else in town. I think most hate Walmart because they are assuring competition among the retailers, and that actually helps us who are in the lower-income brackets. One day they will be thankful for a company like Walmart that does eat up most of your income on life's necessities. IF they are successful in destroying Walmart, they will regret having to pay the higher prices, elsewhere for lower quality products. Walmart is one of my first stops, to search for all my needs.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Two of the things I never thought I would be doing; leaving a 5 star review for a wrong order and leaving a 5 star review for Walmart, but here I am leaving a 5 star review for both of these things. We just moved to New York and ordered a full-size air mattress until our furniture arrives in a week. The mattress came, however, it was the wrong size - a twin. I called the customer service line, sure that I would have to wait on hold for an extended period and someone picked up immediately. I have to wait longer when calling American Express.

The representative was very nice and even though he wasn't able to get the correct mattress to us in time, he acknowledged the error and issued a refund and said we could use the money to grab an air mattress at a Walmart near NYC or any other store. To our surprise, we'll be heading slightly out of the way to purchase it from a Walmart. In short - excellent customer service, quickly owned up to a simple error, and had a solution.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

The employees are wonderful and always very helpful. Sometimes it takes an extra minute to understand them or them me (I chose to study Latin in high school, not Tagalog. My bad.) The management has not always been as patient or helpful. Once I asked a woman that had been pointed out as a manager to ask a question. I had to follow her around even after I had gotten her attention! When, with a sigh, it appeared I was not giving up she turned to me with a huff and asked me "What I wanted?!" I proceeded to ask her why there were no cashiers other than self service, open. She said they must all be on break and started to talk to another employee.

I, rather perturbed by now, pointed out she had TWO employees working to assist self service (which I will never use EVER) and could she not take one of them to work as a cashier? I was abruptly told that NO, they were all assigned stations they could not change, turned and walked away. Hmph! I still shop here but it's only because it's the only store of its nature within an hour's drive!!! I ended up waiting for a cashier to make my purchase and when I told her what had happened she simply said they want more customers using self service and swiftly looked over her shoulder to make sure no one HEARD her!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Capital One recently took over Walmart credit card accounts from Synchrony bank. I have been using Walmart credit card since 2012 and have been making regular payments (full statement balance) using automated payment option. When Capital one took over the accounts in 2019, I received an email stating that I will have to set up my automated payment again by creating a capital one account to make sure payments are not defaulted so I created one. I received my first month statement (October 2019) from Capital one. Was for $9.89 which was supposed to be paid automatically. Did not get processed and I was charged a late fee of $9.00 and interest of $10.89 in my November statement. I called up the customer service and spent almost an hour explaining the scenario and finally the agent was able to find out what went wrong with their system. He reverted the charges and helped me set up my automated payments.

Later next month (Dec 2019) I received a statement in which I am seeing an interest charge of $10.89 for outstanding amount. My previous month's payment was made in full through the automated payment option then how come there is an outstanding amount on which I am being charged an interest? So I called the customer service again and spent literally an hour and 15 mins to get this issue resolved. I have explained the whole issue to 2 agents and none of them are ready to analyze the issue and come with a solution but instead they said that the charge would remain on my account. I have about 12 credit cards with different banks and this one is the worst!!!! I decided to close this account permanently even if it is going to hurt my credit score.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I've been trying to buy a big screen TV online from Walmart since before Thanksgiving and been unsuccessful. Been asking Google to find me big screen TV's

on sale & even though I find them online they are never available for pick up or delivery. I have been looking for ones under $300.00 and yes I find them listed for $278.00, back around Black Friday I was even looking at the 58" TV's and the 65" TV's. Unfortunately when I do find them for that price they've all been unavailable for pick up or delivery. It's now been about 2 months and even spoke with someone from Corporate office's and was told that they are completely out of stock and not sure when they would be getting them.

I told them that they should have pulled the ads down until they get them seeing they are not sure when they will have them again. By advertising them while they are out of stock and no clue when they will get them again that this is false advertisement. I was looking at the Philips 65" class 4K ultra HD android smart led TV for $278.

Lets just say I looked for them while I was in Boston from 11/22/19-12/2/19 and the same thing with no pick up or delivery as well as been looking in Georgia and South Carolina. They are never available no matter what so not only am I writing this, I'm also contacting the Better Business Bureau. They need to be looked into for false advertisement and I know that the BBB can only do so much. So I'm letting everyone know that we the customers can help the Better Business Bureau keep all businesses doing what right but not only posting a Yelp but by helping the BBB even if we all have to band together and get a petition going so the BBB can look into it and make all businesses do what's right. Yes I also have screen shots of these false ads.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I got this from Walmart thinking they usually good price, until package came from Amazon for 7 dollars and they charged be 35 plus another 5 shipping then tax for 45 total, they took it back and I found same item from Home Hardware for 5 dollars. So bad walmart is doing this kind of thing, especially after forcing us to use automatic cashiers and online shopping cause cant stand the long lines now.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I am an Walmart employee and have a Walmart 401k check that I can't cash. That is just so wrong. And didn't even give me a reason why. I think this system sucks. It shouldn't be like that. Or at least when you call the number where you can talk to human and find out what is wrong.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Ordered a laptop. They gave me a date. On that date they emailed me and said it was delayed. They said in the email they would not charge my card. They Charged my card. The product was sold out (but they wouldn't tell me it was), they said it was 'stuck in processing', and would I like to cancel the order (they asked me if I'd like to cancel FOUR times before I finally agreed). Then they told me it would be 5 days before the $300+ charge would be refunded 'if it goes through'. Worst. Online. Ordering. Experience. Ever. And I'm now being charged 18% interest on $300 for something Walmart won't ship. They have the money in an interest bearing account (100 to 1 bet). Imagine them doing this to 10's of thousands of people. Imagine how much money they make from that interest alone. This is theft. This is theft. I will never again order anything from Walmart.com. Ever.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Wal-Mart Company Information