2.00/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

6103 Wal-Mart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

If I could, I would give them MINUS stars. I ordered a small fridge, which came extremely damaged. The return label they sent was the wrong one, the date they gave FedEx for pick-up was wrong, then it unraveled from there. We had to get FedEx involved to confirm it had been received back in Walmart warehouse. Then they didn't process the refund. I had to get online and chat with someone 12 different times, I got disconnected deliberately, I had to repeat the same asinine information to every peon up the chain. I called and talked to actual humans, calls were dropped, and again I had to fight my way upstream. I am finally told today that they are processing my refund for the original amount, something they promised they had done a week ago. So, I guess I'll wait another 5 days to see if they have magically and fundamentally changed the way they operate.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I needed to return some paint that I had purchased. It was not the right color. It was very poor quality. It’s not what I needed. In the first time at Walmart, I was told that it could not be returned!!! The cashier kept saying she couldn’t do anything since it was telling her unrefundable in the computer. She never even attempted to help any further. Not even an exchange?? That’s such bs. And I go online and it clearly says paint CAN be returned within 90 days. Wrong color, too much, or just don’t like it. Whatever the reason, it says they take it back. Open or not!! It’s a shame they have so much business because they’re little customer service is our goal motto is a joke!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

On Friday, November 9th, I placed an online order for an electric toothbrush. For two days, the order status displayed "processing" followed by a complete order cancellation on Sunday around 10:30 pm right when the order was canceled, I contacted Walmart customer service to get some answers. The representative told me that the order was canceled because it was placed on a device different from what was registered to the Walmart account... I was told to wait 30 minutes before placing the order again, but this time on the same device the account was created on.

I waited one whole hour and placed the order again Sunday night around 11:50 pm. Come Monday night around 10:00 pm, the order was still listed as "processing" so I decided to call customer service again to check on my order. The representative told me the order is good to go for shipping soon and everything was working fine.

Not to blow your mind or anything, but today, Tuesday, November 13th at around 1:00 pm, my order was canceled... I called Walmart customer service AGAIN to figure out what the hell was going on. I told the rep my order was canceled twice now and he told me the same, exact story I was told the last time my order was canceled. "Wait 30 minutes before placing your order again." I told the rep I was told the same thing the other day and he needed to do more research into the order. After being place on hold for a good length of time, he told me he would escalate the situation to the "manager" and to wait 24 HOURS to place the order again... I am so disappointed and frustrated. This whole experience makes me not even want to shop at Walmart online or in store anymore.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I was in the pharmacy department of WalMart to purchase over the counter cough medicine, and noticed there were none on the lower shelf. For flu and cough medicine, my family usually purchase the ** brand of **. I noticed there were plenty of boxes on the very top shelf, but I couldn't reach them. So, I walked over to the Pharmacy Drop-Off Window, and asked if someone tall could assist me in getting some over the counter medicine from the top shelf. A tall young lady came out to assist me, and easily reached the cough medicine on the top shelf. Matter of fact, she brought down about 6 boxes of the ** cough medicine.

I told her, "THANK YOU very much," and I placed 2 boxes in my basket to purchase. She started to put the other 4 boxes back on the top shelf, and I said, "Please leave those down, so customers can reach the cold medicine." She looked at me and said, "That's not my job to stock their shelves." I told her, "Yes I know, but you came out to help me as an employee of WalMart. So, other customers that cannot reach the top shelf, will appreciate your act of kindness." She left the cough medicine on the lower shelf and walked away. Again, I said, "THANKS".

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Beware. Walmart.com will not honor returns from 3rd party vendors. Stick with Amazon. Walmart.com will never have my business again. I tried to get a refund but was told that I had to go through the 3rd party vendor although walmart.com was where I purchased the item.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I been going to Fulton MO Wal-Mart for 10 years, I will never go back! I was targeted by a young female liberal while walking through self-checkout. Bought a phone, she rudely stepped in front of me and said, “Where's your receipt?” Gave it to her, she took a really long time staring at it, blocking the aisle for many others leaving the store. I hollered, “You are in the way,” and was ridiculed, being embarrassed looking like a common thief. I left and will never go back. LIFE WITHOUT WAL-MART IS GREAT. They lost a few good customers over this one, I have many many friends. Goodbye.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I live in Owensboro Ky. I hope my last visit to Walmart on 54, is my very last visit. The store used to be the best but they are the worst I've ever seen now. Poor service. Checkouts are just stupid. You can't scan your recipes anymore. So I guess I will start going to Target.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I was a victim of racism at the Walmart located in Decatur, GA on Memorial Drive. I am shaking right now and could not complete my purchase tonight because I was about to start crying in line at the checkout. I was attempting to purchase milk, coffee cream, and two power cords marked on clearance. The Walmart app barcode scanner registered a price of $3.50 while the price tag read $9. I was so excited for the savings found as I had come to Walmart tonight specifically for a power cord. Sondra the cashier however would not allow me to purchase the power cord for $3.50. She said I would have to pay $9 because that is Walmart’s policy.

The funny thing is, the ** woman who checked out before me purchased two items that rang up lower than the ticketed price and NOTHING was said. Sondra and the customer even did a little hooray dance and celebrated surprise savings together. This was not the case for me, ** woman. Furthermore, it was Walmart’s job to mark the clearance tag down to $3.50 to match their system and app and barcode scanner if they are going to demand that the ticket price only be considered in a purchase. I am so hurt and disgusted right now. I will be contacting a lawyer because this practice is not right. There were children in the line witnessing this sort of racism and favoritism and our future as a community is being impacted by your employees blatant discrimination.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I purchased a sheet set on 11/06/18. The sheets were the wrong size for the bed. I couldn't find my receipt, but based on the refund policies found online I brought the sheets back to the store and attempted a "no receipt return". The sheets before tax rang up $29.98. I asked the CSM if I could exchange them for the right size. She informed me that she couldn't do anything without the receipt. I asked her about the policy online, and she showed me a laminated, more detailed return policy, which at the bottom, that the store highlighted, said "Store management may change these policies at their discretion". So this store decided that anything over $25 must have a receipt, despite the liberal policy on their website and I am left with sheets too small for my bed.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I will never return to the Walmart in Frisco, Tx Preston Road. "THIS" Walmart could care less about the customer. I'm not asking for extraordinary customer service but the management here is an absolute joke! They just don't care. Poor check-out guy Greg, was not able to ring up two Sherpa throw blankets because it said "not for sale" when rang them up. I told him not to worry about it and he insisted on getting assistance from management or someone that could help. Well, not only was he rudely dismissed when he tried to get help from a manager walking by, I was also very rudely responded to when I asked a Walmart worker on the way out of the store if he was management. He said "NO!" and turned around and kept walking. Did not care one bit. I was just going to ask him who the store manager was so I could tell them Greg was only doing his job and no one would assist him with my purchase problem. Sad.

Wal-Mart Company Information