2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.9/5 (367 ratings)

About 99 Cents Only Stores

99 Cents Only Stores Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 99 Cents Only Stores?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 99 Cents Only Stores?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

Not all ads have real price. Prices in store are different than on the ads. So why the do. Fake ads. Please be honest. I started showing people I know the truth and talk about it. To open people eyes.

99 Cents Only Stores response

Hi ABDEL, we're sorry to hear you're disappointed and take your comments seriously. Items may vary by location. All of our stores should be honoring any advertised prices. Please call customer service at 888-582-5999 to make this right.

Original review: June 19, 2021

My experience would have been great until a lady passed me while shopping with her dog sitting in the shopping basket where people sit items or children. I thought I went to the 99 Cent store, not Petsmart where I would expect to see pets... And one aisle away, the dog made a high pitch noise and started to bark. How can this be sanitary?

99 Cents Only Stores response

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. We take your comments seriously and are always looking for ways to improve. We will make sure to pass this on to the correct department for further review and hope that you'll give us another chance. Thank you!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2021

I received a direct email from the company advertising cherries for 99 cents a pound. I get to the Venice store and they are 1.99 a pound. You didn’t need the email or join a club or app. Bait and Switch defined! They got you in the store with the direct marketed email and then when you get to the store it is a dollar a pound higher. Bait and Switch! I have pictures of the email and picture.

99 Cents Only Stores response

Hi Scott, we're sorry to hear that the sale price was not honored. Thank you for sending us your phone number so we could reach out to you to make this right. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope that you'll give us another chance. We're always looking for ways to improve.

Original review: March 11, 2021

Hi. I recently went to my local 99 Cents Only store because cause I was craving a bag of chips and was told you no longer sell any sort of chips or crackers.. I later found out water is also not available any longer.. Can you please tell us all why?

99 Cents Only Stores response

Hi Michell, we understand your concern and will share your feedback with our store’s leadership team. We have temporarily adjusted the product mix so we can continue serving the community during this pandemic and beyond.

Original review: March 5, 2021

99 Cents store is cheaper than the market, and mostly all other stores, the 99 cent stores now receive higher ticket items. That's why everything is not 99 cent, and the 99 cent store get new items every day, thanks for letting me share.

99 Cents Only Stores response

Thanks for the great feedback Derek. We're glad to hear that you appreciate our many great deals and hope to see you again soon!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

99 Cents Store Only should change their name to "Not really 99 Cents Anymore". Over the past few years this store has upcharged their prices and cost more than Wal-Mart on exact or dinar products. I use to shop at the 99 Cents Only store for their 99 cents prices on name brand items, but now I see those same items going for $2.99 & up, even though I had bought that item a while back for only .99 cents. What gives?! And like others have said they don't put a price sticker on most items so when you check out your bill will be doubled the amount. I have told the cashier never mind on items due to the false advertisement. Soon nothing will be 99 cents, I have watched countless items get a price increased so I no longer buy those items from them and find them cheaper at other stores, how ironic that the 99 center store only is actually more expensive than Wal-Mart...I've given most of my business to Dollar Tree since they (so far) are true to their name.

99 Cents Only Stores response

Hi Morgan, we're sorry to hear that you're disappointed. We welcome your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve. If you would like to share your thoughts on these price increases, please contact Customer Service at: (888) LUCKY99 or (888) 582-5999 customerservice@99only.com.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

This store used to be full of great deals that were a dollar. Now this company is trying to scam people by raising prices on items that you can get at Walmart for cheaper. I have written to this company and the email that they sent back is very generic which is the exact same thing they reply to everyone on Facebook. This store is not worth going to and will soon go out of business. I know many people who know longer shop here and when I have gone it is empty. Greediness does not win. Bye bye, “so called” 99 cents only!

99 Cents Only Stores response

Hi Mary, we're sorry to hear that you're disappointed and welcome your feedback. If you would like to share your thoughts on these price increases, please contact Customer Service at: (888) LUCKY99 or (888) 582-5999 customerservice@99only.com.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I was turned away at the door because l was wearing face shield and no mask. Earlier in the week I shopped there without any problems. I left and went to another 99 Cents Only store and they had no problem with just my face shield. I will never go back to that store again without a written apology that I can show to the nitwit at the door.

99 Cents Only Stores response

Hi Constance, we're sorry to hear that you were disappointed. We take your comments seriously and are always looking for ways to improve. Please call customer service at 888-582-5999 to make this right.

Original review: March 12, 2020

I have photos, items were not priced nor any stickers or labels indicating products higher than a value of 99 cents. Yet other products were mixed in with labels indicating $2.99 or some products mixed in that also did not have a label but were definitely 99 cents and they were trying to upcharge and said that they dont have to label products that are higher than 99 cents. They are allowed to charge whatever price it rings up for which is false advertising. I did not grab any products that were more than 99 cents in an 99 cents only store because the labels clearly indicated to me that they had a higher value price. If the product itself did not have a higher price label on the shampoo bottle like the other ones did and they were mixed in with bottles that also did not have price tags why were they up charging something that was clearly supposed to be 99cents otherwise?

Tons of products in the store dont have labels and I'm supposed to assume that it could have a higher price? Then dont call the store 99 Cents Only Stores or why even bother adding new labels to help customers buy products that have a higher price when anything in the store could be more than 99 cents. It humiliated me and other customers in line telling them that were right and they are 99 cents because it doesn't say otherwise. The ** cashier was being extremely rude and said that the co worker she called over by the name of Robert was her manager which I hope wasn't another lie because that's not valuing customer integrity. They just were discriminating my nationality. I was someone that couldn't speak English clearly or understand what they were trying to accomplish by saving the products and honoring prices for other customers who were ruder than I was.

99 Cents Only Stores response

Hi David, we're sorry you were let down. We value your feedback and your loyalty! Some of our customers enjoy the items over 99 cents since they are still a great value. We are now working on labeling these items better for you and other customers to differentiate while you shop with us. See you soon!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Large variety of produce at great prices. Everything from pet supplies, storage and kitchen items, office supplies, gift cards, party supplies, spices and canned goods, cookies and crackers, all kinds of chips and nuts and much more!

99 Cents Only Stores response

We love happy customers Janet! Thanks for the great review. We hope to see you again soon!

99 Cents Only Stores Company Information