3.8/5 (259 ratings)

About 99 Cents Only Stores

99 Cents Only Stores Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 99 Cents Only Stores?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 99 Cents Only Stores?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Nothing is being done about stolen carts, there are no carts to shop with in Henderson Nevada, Boulder Hwy and Marks St, I'm disabled and use a cane, I couldn't finish shopping with an arm basket and my cane, I felt like I was going to fall, it's discrimination to have no shopping carts for the disabled and seniors, I complained, I was told corporate won't help, I'm very upset at this company because some of us get one shot to shop in the 110 degree weather, how do I shop with a small arm basket, YOU DON'T. I hope no senior falls because of this fixable issue. Place new baskets with new locks or no customers.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

I used to shop at .99 cents only on a regular basis. I still shopped at other stores but .99 cents only was on my regular rotation. I'd spend from $20 to $60. The prices started to go up and I started to see $2.99 and $3.99 and now it seems that most of the items are not .99 cents. I did read the CEO's statement and perhaps they are still making a ton of money because of the higher prices even with many loyal folks dropping off. I do think they should change the name and I think his explanation is poor of why they are keeping the name. The entire model has changed so the name should reflect that. I stopped patronizing the store a few years ago. I went in this past week just to see and was not impressed. Also, I see that the store responds with the same stock answer to all inquiries. There is no need to respond to this so if there is a response you know it is an auto responder and they do not even read customer concerns.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

Yesterday On August 19 I went to 99 Cents Only store Located at 12480 Amargosa Rd. Victorville CA. 92392. It was 12:55pm and the cashier on the receipt it says his name, **. He did NOT have his mask on. He had his mask on his neck and he coughed on his hands and touched! All my items and food I bought with his germs on his hands! COVID IS NOT OVER! Please Make sure to tell him to NEVER do that again and keep his mask ON. Sorry but if he or other cashiers don't have a mask on next time, I'll leave and won't be going to the 99 Cents only store no more.

Original review: June 23, 2022

I used to love this store. They claimed, through their name, that everything was 99-cents only. The last time I went shopping there, I saw Items as high as $17.00. That's $16.00 more then the name of their store claims it should be. What irritates me the most is in response to their misleading store name, they say they are keeping it because it is how they are known. So my response is if that's the case then they need to stay true to what their name claims and stick to 99 cent only pricing. Otherwise they are making false claims which is deceitful and unethical. If anything they can do what prince did...or the artist formerly known as prince. Give them a symbol and call it the store formerly known as the 99 cent only store! How hard is that? Come on!

Original review: June 7, 2022

I used to shop at the 99 Cent Store on Fairfax and Wilshire because I could get great deals on name-brand items and they actually cost, wait for it...99 Cents. Now, hardly anything in there is 99 Cents. And I say hardly anything, but what I mean is, 99% of what's sold is not 99 Cents. It's a fraud. If traveling right up the street to this store is more expensive than sitting at home on my laptop, phone or tablet buying from Walmart, then why bother...and I don't anymore. This store is now one big price gouging entity. You pick up something and it's $5.99, $6.99, $2.99, $3.99 and I even saw several items that were $9.99. No thank you...Done with the 99 Cent store. Greed rules the day, and the 99 Cent Store has fallen in line.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Lupe from 99 Cents store in Newport rd didn't give me my full discount. My coupon was three dollars off of every 25bucks spent online app. So I told her I had my coupon to stop at 25, she kept in adding my stuff at thirty bucks. I told her I wanted to use coupon on app. She continues to do my groceries past fifty. Then I told her she was supposed to add it 25 then do again. She laughed and said she did know. I didn't like that she wasn't willing to fix her mistake. After all even six bucks is good because the store prices are way up to market price now.

Original review: March 17, 2022

I am a longtime customer of 99 Cents Only in Southern California. For years, I appreciated their genuinely lower prices. I was not perturbed when they offered more and more items at $2.99 or $3.99 that could not be realistically sold for 99 cents. But in the past few months, the chain has hosed their customers with STEEP, DRAMATIC price increases, copying Dollar Tree. It is I believe opportunistic and beyond their true cost increase resulting from supply chain, inflation, fuel prices, etc.

I was SHOCKED today when I saw mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, mouthwash, vinegars, etc. suddenly at $1.49. FORTY-NINE PERCENT increase. Also, many other items sharply up or container much downsized, even more devious! I am sharply curtailing my buying at this company's stores. They're just jumping on the inflation bandwagon, because they feel they can. The sheep won't notice, or won't protest. Yes, they will!! This outfit has totally lost its way and its identity.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

Just a few years ago, I used to visit two 99 Cents Only stores a couple of times per week to find bricks of Maxwell House for $1 each, 22 oz. of Oscar Mayer deli sliced meats for $1, 14 oz. Johnsonville Brats for $1, 18-count Yuban and Gevalia K-cups for $1, 12 oz. bags of McCafe and Gevalia for $1, Sutter Home sparkling wine for $3.99, 12-16 oz. of Oscar Mayer bacon for $1 and on and on.

I don't visit as often, anymore, but I thought I'd stop in yesterday to see HUGE price increases just in the past couple of months and new $1.29 and $1.49 price labels on many shelves and the only "meat" product still a buck are the Bar S hot dogs - available just about anywhere at that price or less. And the only sparkling wine I saw with New Year's coming was Andre for $5.99 per 750ml (although the bottles didn't even look THAT large). Maybe it's the supply chain causing 99 Cents Only to compete with Kroger and Randalls, but I'm done with 99, at least until Brandon is gone. It's now in the same category as Walmart - so-so prices and nothing ever on sale to distinguish from true grocery chains.

99 Cents Only Stores response

Hi Letsgo, we welcome your feedback. If you would like to share your thoughts on these price increases, please contact Customer Service at: (888) LUCKY99 or (888) 582-5999 customerservice@99only.com.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

I purchased the cinnamon product on 10/21/21. After returning home the next day I twisted off cap the product was not sealed and appeared to be tampered or opened before my purchase. Maria advised me today 10/26/21 that I could not return because it’s passed the 9 day policy… Unfortunately I did not retain the receipt and was unable to present. The product is clearly labeled and there is similar canisters for sale today. I do believe the reckless disregard for items unsealed possibly tampered with being sold is a violation of all applicable laws. Why is the 99 cent store in Costa Mesa allowed to sell items unsealed then refuse to take them back in a timely manner??

99 Cents Only Stores response

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback Andy. We're sorry to hear that you're disappointed. Please call customer service at 888-582-5999 to make this right. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

Not all ads have real price. Prices in store are different than on the ads. So why the do. Fake ads. Please be honest. I started showing people I know the truth and talk about it. To open people eyes.

99 Cents Only Stores response

Hi ABDEL, we're sorry to hear you're disappointed and take your comments seriously. Items may vary by location. All of our stores should be honoring any advertised prices. Please call customer service at 888-582-5999 to make this right.

99 Cents Only Stores Company Information