3.13/5

624 Victoria's Secret Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 24, 2019

I received a gift card from a family member for VS on Xmas. I hid it from myself so I would use it later because I'm a big fan of Pink. Yet I forgot plenty of times when I went yet I remembered months later and went to VS to purchase items and when I got to the register they said it had a zero balance. I never used it yet. I called customer service and they told me it was use months prior and I can stay on the phone or call back a do a dispute form which would take 4-6 weeks. I called back to do just that and then the customer service lady told me I had to do a police report to move forward for $50 yet I told her I had the card in my hand and that it was not stolen. She gave me the information that it was used inshore for the full amount at a Burbank location yet I'm located in San Diego.

I then contacted my family member who purchased it. She still had the receipt and I called customer service again to get corporate’s information yet they told me they can do a dispute form if I gave them my information which I did and it would take 4-6 weeks. They couldn't give me corporate’s information. I believe that is ridiculous especially for someone who shops there every damn month. Do not purchase gift cards! They just lost a customer if this is not settled and plenty more once I post it on my social media platform.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I saw online that Victoria's Secret site have a spring sale and I was like, "Cool the price is at a realistic prices." But the first time that I tried to buy it did not go through so I do a new order thinking that the first order will never go through. But in the end the day that I make a new order the first order took the money that I didn't have for it. Which made my account go into the negative but luckily I have more money in my savings but still this should not have happen. So next I went to live chat to see if I can stop it before it was shipped but I am being told that I will not get my refund. The only way that is going to happen if I bring the clothes to one of their stores then I will get a refund. Of course I get mad. Like nobody else that I have bought from does that so. This will be the first and last time I will be buying from them.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I am so done purchasing anything from them. Their quality has dramatically dropped. I can buy underwear from Rue or Walmart and get better price and quality. If I could show a picture of what happens to my stuff just after one wash. They fall apart, stretch out and/or fade. Victoria's Secret has poor quality with high prices. Basically people buy from them cuz their name but their stuff falls apart now. Totally lost a customer due to quality.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I've been trying for 4 months to get rid of an inquiry they threw into my credit, I sent the information to them by all means and they do nothing. This affected my credit score and I am extremely upset when I am an excellent client.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Online sale of sports bras and 7/$28.50 panties! Sounds great but they never have my size - L, this is the third sale I’ve tried to order for them not to have my size. Store is worse, sales associates are rude or clingy. Check out process is long. No wonder they are not making a profit. Also every time I find a particular product that I like the way it fits, they change it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Victoria's Secret?

Original review: March 18, 2019

BAD customer service, I talk to a woman named Beatriz. She was so unprofessional, bad attitude and disrespect. Her voice was so louder. She don’t let me talk. When I ask her to talk to her supervisor she put me on hold for 20 min. Then she come back and told me her supervisor was busy she can’t take my call, and hung up on me. I call again and tried to contact the supervisor. They put me on hold for 30 min. and disconnect the call. What a bad service Victoria's Secret????

Original review: March 9, 2019

I have been a card holder of the VS credit card most of my adult life. I have near perfect credit card history. This year somehow I missed VS bills (which I don't often use). Well before I knew who these people were, I was receiving a relentless barrage of phone calls. Never identified themselves as being related to the Victoria Secret credit card, so the word "Comenity" meant nothing to me. These phone calls were loud, threatening, demeaning, rude and unprofessional. Needless to say, I canceled my account. I do not understand how they get away with it. They went so far as to call a member of my family. They relayed the message, but again, "Comenity" did not mean anything to me and again, I thought it was scammers. Please do not open a VS card. This company and this bank do not deserve your hard-earned money. Professionalism is not in their vocabulary! Again, a lifelong shopper there, but no more.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I signed up for a Victoria’s Secret credit card a few years ago. I started with a $250 credit limit. After a few months they increased it to $600. I fell behind on my payments and they lowered my credit limit to $200. I understood because I missed my payments. I stayed on top of the credit card and made sure to pay off the entire balance. I checked my account and it showed my limit was lowered to $100. I called the customer service number and was told they couldn’t tell me why my limit was lowered. I cancelled the card at that point. I will never get a Victoria’s Secret credit card ever again.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I returned items at VS store located at the South Coast Plaza Mall in Costa Mesa, Ca on 01.01.2019. I was issued a gift card for the amount of merchandise return. I went to VS store at The Block of Orange and found the GC has no money on it. I contacted VS customer service, sent a fax, filed a dispute; VS responded by letter that they will not refund me the amount of the GC as they claim the gift card was used to pay for a transaction last 01.06.2019 at the same VS store in South Coast Plaza. How can someone pay for a transaction without having in their possession the actual gift card? VS will not honor my request for investigation on gift card fraud which I learned is happening a lot. VS is a big corporation and we the consumers are the victims of fraud, scam and hack on their business. Congress should take action to protect American citizens from the greed of big companies like VS.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Cancellation policy that doesn’t allow you to actually cancel orders. Totally unacceptable, to advertise customers can cancel orders when this isn’t the case. I placed an order and within less than a hour I tried to cancel it, to be told that because my payment went through it’s been invoiced, packaged and ready to ship already. When I asked how soon I should have called there was no response, when I asked to file a complaint there was no complaint line. Instead I was advised to wait for the order to ship and arrive and then return the order. Seems to make no sense that an order can be shipped in less than a hour so obviously it’s still in the warehouse so why make a customer wait for items to be shipped and received only to ship them back. Makes no senses and now I have to pay to ship the items only to pay to ship them make. How does this make any sense.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Bought two gift cards for Christmas for a cousin and her mom and when mom went to go use the card it had no funds on it. Called the customer service department. They took all my info down and said they would investigate. A month later I receive a letter from corporate telling me that the card was used in a different state the card number was typed in and the pin was not used, so why have a pin on the card if it can be used without the pin? Do not buy gift cards people. You are better off giving money to your loved ones. The customer service reps repeated to me multiple times that it states on the cards and in the store that they will not replace cards that were lost or stolen or used without your authorization. I guess we better pay closer attention to the fine print.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I ordered 3 times, 1st time the order arrived on time. The 2nd time, order had been cancel 1 day after debiting the payment without any reason. Got money back within a week! 3 TD order said order was sending back to sender because couldn’t reach receiver (me) who has not received any notice that the parcel will come or on delivery! I sent out some emails to customer service and the reply was too general to explain why would that happened! I haven’t received my money back after 10 days and parcel’s status has no updates for that time since stated “sending back to sender!” I am wondering where is the parcel now and where is my money?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I have continually bought bras from VS because they are a very good for me. I can't do it anymore. From managers to customer service -- I continually get different answers, quoted different prices, and the attitudes of everyone associated with VS is extremely rude. From reading all the other reviews, I am not the only one who has the same complaints. VS is incompetent and I will not shop there anymore. I'm sure I can find other companies that have just as good bras, without the aggravation.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I have ordered twice from there with problems. Every time I place an order I put my apartment number in, yet my package gets returned due to insufficient address. I put my apartment number in THREE times (after my name, after the address in the first line AND in the second address line) hoping to avoid this problem. And they STILL left it off. I don’t bother going to the store because stock is always so low. I’m done trying to order from a company that consistently leaves off parts of an address. How hard can it be??

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I can’t usually buy what I want from VS, even if I wanted to, due to them never having or restocking inventory for popular items, sizes, and colors. The brick and mortar store where I live always looks like a tornado hit it, and every single time I find that all the 36C are sold out, unless you want a plain nude or white bra. Online is hardly any better. I’ve also been disappointed in the product quality decline, but I received a gift card for my bday for VS, and thought ok let’s give this one last try since the money is already spent.

I placed an order 10 days ago and it is being shipped from a location 4 hours from me. Still not here and no estimated delivery date is listed on the tracking. Looks like that shady ‘Newgistics’ company they use has been holding onto it for days when it should have already been handed off to USPS. I contacted live chat to ask where my package was, and I was told I need to wait 7 more days before I can make a complaint because my package will prob come eventually... Well that’s going to be Feb 11, and I ordered something sexy to wear for Valentine’s Day. I told them what good would it do to wait 17 days for a clearly lost order, only to re-order it 3 days before Valentine’s Day. VS is so out of touch.

We are living in the time of Amazon Prime and customers who expect accurate shipping estimates and the ability to track their package. Telling people you don’t know where the package is but hey it might show up within 17 days is BS, esp for a holiday. Bottom line is, if you make it hard for customers to buy what they want and get what they want in a timely fashion, they will stop coming back. So after being a customer for 15 years, I am done and will cancel my Angel’s card. After all the money I have spent there you would think that 1 measly package could be resent out of goodwill so I could get it for Valentine’s. I can shop at Aerie, ThirdLove, Macy’s, Amazon instead.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I purchased a gift card for a family member but I decided to give them something else for Christmas and kept the VS gift card since I couldn't get my money back. When I tried to use it it didn't have any money. I called customer service and they said they couldn't do anything. The only person that had the gift card was me and how was it empty? I believe it's fraud on their part.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I was very shocked to find out that a recently purchased 50$ Victoria Secret gift card had no balance on it. I had literally just scratched the pin off of the card minutes before the transaction. The staff at the store was not very helpful, they told me to call the number on the back of the card to "find out when it was used"- I was very confused. Calling the number is not helpful at all, they basically confirm that it was used at a certain time, but cannot explain to you HOW it could be used if the pin was not scratched off and the card was new. I am now seeing that VS gift cards are a BAD MOVE as this situation has happened to many other people. I think VS is either handing out card numbers that do not really exist or they have some major fraud going on which they obviously don't care enough about to investigate or give people their money back. After years of shopping here, I'm taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Great customer service and friendly staff. I really recommend shopping at Victoria 's Secret. Great Deals too! I love, there are fragrances mists and all their body washes. Excellent service from the management. I never had any problems or issues with Victoria 's Secret.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Worst service ever, tried to cancel my order once I ordered - did it by mistake, I added to basket 5 things but suddenly 4 things disappeared; I tried live chat to cancel it; firstly I am told that my order can’t be canceled as it is pending and should get back in 20-30 minutes; after 30 minutes I am told that it can’t be canceled as it ready to be shipped - fraud, never again.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Finally made an online purchase with an eGift card I received 9 years ago. I received my order short a pair of panties. No communication about 1 panty being discontinued. Special I purchased was 7/$28. Since I only received 6, they charged me more $ for less items. I called & was told I could pick a pair to replace the pair I did not receive. Amongst lots of apologizing I asked the Rep to just pick something as I needed to leave immediately for a deployment. This was on Jan 7. Here we are Jan 20. Email order status shows, “On its way”. I call to get more apologies because I was not notified in any way that the pair the Rep ordered was no longer available so they credited my card. Good Luck to anybody ordering from V/S online. Exactly why the gift card sat for 9 years. As I write, my daughter is also getting a lot of lip service on a pair of yoga pants she ordered online. HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED. Make your purchase in store ONLY.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I made an online purchase late last summer. I never received a bill. I looked online and saw that the bill was posted and a late fee for nearly the amount of my purchase was levied. I contacted Victoria's Secret. They removed the late fee, I paid the bill, and thought no more of it. That was in late October. I got an email from Comenity Bank (Victoria's Secret) January 12 stating that I had a message. I logged on to the site to read the message. It was a notice that "amends your Account Agreement." I clicked on my account and was surprised to see a small but growing balance, even though I'd made no purchases. They had levied a $1.00 "minimum interest fee" in November.

I received no bill. They added a late charge and another $1.00 minimum interest fee in December. No bill. They added another $1.00 fee and a larger late penalty in January. I called. A polite associate just kept asking me if I wanted to receive paper bills and insisting that bills had been emailed regularly. I searched my email history - spam included - and took screenshots of the results. No bills.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I purchased a $200 gift card for my spouse on 12/12/18 at the Ontario Mills store. I took it home, wrapped it, put in under the tree. She opened it on 12/25/18 and was excited because she needed panties/bras and got to pick out whatever she wanted. Went online, shopped for 30-45 minutes, went to check-out and card said it had a zero balance. Called customer service, they told me the card had already been used online (on 12/16) and merchandise shipped somewhere else but couldn't confirm where. They then transferred me, left me on hold for 30 minutes and then disconnected the call and closed the department. I spend about 800-1000 a year here for my spouse (I mean, I used to).

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I bought 4 $50 dollars gift cards for my daughter 09/29/18 from Victoria's Secret store in Temecula, CA, to get ahead for Christmas just in case I am not going to have any money for them on Christmas. I gave them their gift card on Christmas eve when they all came home but found out that the cards were declined and has 0 balance on it. Called the Store and they said they can't do nothing about it and to call the number on the gift card which I did and they gave me another number to call and they can't do nothing about it.

Talked to supervisor and they said that the issue has to be forwarded to their corporate and it takes 4 weeks to get a response from the corporate and get back with me. Long story short. Victoria's Secret gift card is either scam or their employee stealing the information after the activation and use it themselves. Please don't buy gift cards from Victoria's Secret at all. I had spent $200 dollars cash and got zero back in return. They are scammers and thieves.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Victoria's Secret has horrible online shopping. This holiday season they messed up 3 of my orders. They were not in stock, canceled one of my orders then sending me stuff next month I ordered 3 weeks ago. I purchased buy 2 get 2 plus used my rewards which would have been a great deal but they charged me full price when they decided to send the items that were backordered. So my original order would have only been $50 for 4 items, they doubled billed me and charged me twice! Customer service made excuses and play games with you. They are rude and talk over you, one girl hung up on me, the next put me on hold for almost an hour! They have no intentions to help you, so watch your statements because they rip you off and it’s a scam they are playing!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

The email below was sent to Victoria Secret and I received a generic response along with contact info that guided me back through the Customer Service loop traveled yesterday. This morning I asked to be transferred to the Corporate Office and spoke to a really nice lady who I stood my situation but there was little that she could to assist because she had no access to my personal billing information. She offered to send me a $30 gift card which I declined. Although she couldn’t personally assist me with this issue she called me back to let me know that she cancelled/credited my account for a recent online purchase; prev. informed that the order couldn’t be cancelled I would have to wait until received then return to the store.

I have multiple credit cards and have never experienced anything like this or even experience such a rigid billing regime. For me it’s all about the principle, it seems for them it’s all about the money, and that forgotten the fundamentals customers service which is build a rapport & brand legacy in order to build a history of lifetime consumers. At this point all ties are severed and I will never shop there again. Although I wrote a lot of commentary no words can express how disappointed with this company. I know that I’m not the only one that has had this experience.

Yesterday 12/27/2018: "I’ve been a Forever cardholder for over 7 yrs and I’ve never incurred/made a late payment to date. Today, I decided to check my Victoria Secret account and noticed that there was a late fee of $37.00 which was odd because as I stated before I never made a late/missed a payment; but I’ve made payments on the same date the payment was due. I found out today by your staff that my payments were considered late due to the difference between the time zones (Eastern/Pacific) w/caused my payments to be late by 1 day for the last 3 months therefore I have accumulated $111.00 for late fees. Today I’ve spoken to 5 of your staff members who basically did nothing to maintain me as your customer.

As I stated multiple times to your staff that it’s not fair for me to have to pay $111 in fees based on the difference between the times zones especially when I made the payments on time according to where I live & most credit card have a grace period (which you do not). I was offered to be credited $37.00 for this month only, a supervisor tried to negotiate for me to pay $15.00 the month of November, & pay the entire $37.00 for October which I refused & requested to close my account.

I’m absolutely appalled that you would rather discontinue a good business relationship than cover the late charges of $111.00 completely. In speaking with your Supervisor Maria she continued to state that she/your company really appreciated my business but as your loyal customer today I felt less than appreciated therefore I requested to speak to Corporate & which transferred to an automotive line requesting that I call back another day. As I stated before your billing practices are not in sync with other credit companies. If we can’t find a resolution to this issue I will be reporting your company to Better Business Bureau. I anticipate a call back regarding this matter."

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I received a gift card in September for my birthday. My two year old son misplaced, a few days later I contacted them with my original receipt and canceled it, new one then requested. It took over 5 months to receive new one!!! And over 29 calls to customer care!!! Bs. I was then told I would receive additional money on card for my 5 months of inconvenience!!! That never happened either!!! Will never shop there again.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I've spent so much money at VS and won't spend another penny. Actually that's not true because they just charged a penny on my order without my consent. I placed an order for 2 leggings and 2 shirts. Instead I get 3 shirts and 1 pair of leggings. Then I call to get my original order corrected and have them ship the original pair of leggings out to me. Now I have to take time out of my day to take this shirt that I did not order to the store or ship it back. When I called the 2nd time about the charge, I find out my leggings are back ordered and I might not even receive them. I am done being an angel member. Time to cut that card. They have the absolute worst customer service ever. I will not be shopping there.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Okay, so there was a coupon to receive a free blanket December 16, 2018, the coupon was valid, but you had to purchase $85.00 before taxes to get the blanket. I went into the Mayfair Mall, Wisconsin to purchase the blanket. Well, I am tired of spending 100s of dollars with VS only to always be told NO! NO! I couldn't unfold the blanket, No! There were no other compensations for customers that spent $85.00 and didn't receive a blanket. No! You cannot combine coupons. Therefore NO! I will not spend my money there anymore.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I hold an international credit card; I ordered some bras and fragrances online. Even though my credit card showed pending VS had not processed my order because my Visa card was not a US issued card but it had a US billing address attached to it. They said I had to call my financial institution because my billing address and shipping addresses were in the US but my financial institution is not. I have ordered stuff from other stores like MAC, Macy's, Amazon, Bath & Body and have never had any issues.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I have never ordered off VS online but I decided to for the sale on underwear. I order underwear and some perfume. The order status never shows you where your package is. I ordered a little after Black Friday. I got no confirmation email or anything of the sort. I had to log in to see what is going on with my package. Yesterday it finally said delivered. And surprise, it was not. I contacted customer service who said they would reship. Why should I have to wait almost a month for my product? How annoying. They should provide compensation. At the very least let you track your package. Very irresponsible.

Victoria's Secret Company Information