1.14/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

612 Victoria's Secret Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I have continually bought bras from VS because they are a very good for me. I can't do it anymore. From managers to customer service -- I continually get different answers, quoted different prices, and the attitudes of everyone associated with VS is extremely rude. From reading all the other reviews, I am not the only one who has the same complaints. VS is incompetent and I will not shop there anymore. I'm sure I can find other companies that have just as good bras, without the aggravation.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I have ordered twice from there with problems. Every time I place an order I put my apartment number in, yet my package gets returned due to insufficient address. I put my apartment number in THREE times (after my name, after the address in the first line AND in the second address line) hoping to avoid this problem. And they STILL left it off. I don’t bother going to the store because stock is always so low. I’m done trying to order from a company that consistently leaves off parts of an address. How hard can it be??

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I can’t usually buy what I want from VS, even if I wanted to, due to them never having or restocking inventory for popular items, sizes, and colors. The brick and mortar store where I live always looks like a tornado hit it, and every single time I find that all the 36C are sold out, unless you want a plain nude or white bra. Online is hardly any better. I’ve also been disappointed in the product quality decline, but I received a gift card for my bday for VS, and thought ok let’s give this one last try since the money is already spent.

I placed an order 10 days ago and it is being shipped from a location 4 hours from me. Still not here and no estimated delivery date is listed on the tracking. Looks like that shady ‘Newgistics’ company they use has been holding onto it for days when it should have already been handed off to USPS. I contacted live chat to ask where my package was, and I was told I need to wait 7 more days before I can make a complaint because my package will prob come eventually... Well that’s going to be Feb 11, and I ordered something sexy to wear for Valentine’s Day. I told them what good would it do to wait 17 days for a clearly lost order, only to re-order it 3 days before Valentine’s Day. VS is so out of touch.

We are living in the time of Amazon Prime and customers who expect accurate shipping estimates and the ability to track their package. Telling people you don’t know where the package is but hey it might show up within 17 days is BS, esp for a holiday. Bottom line is, if you make it hard for customers to buy what they want and get what they want in a timely fashion, they will stop coming back. So after being a customer for 15 years, I am done and will cancel my Angel’s card. After all the money I have spent there you would think that 1 measly package could be resent out of goodwill so I could get it for Valentine’s. I can shop at Aerie, ThirdLove, Macy’s, Amazon instead.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I purchased a gift card for a family member but I decided to give them something else for Christmas and kept the VS gift card since I couldn't get my money back. When I tried to use it it didn't have any money. I called customer service and they said they couldn't do anything. The only person that had the gift card was me and how was it empty? I believe it's fraud on their part.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I was very shocked to find out that a recently purchased 50$ Victoria Secret gift card had no balance on it. I had literally just scratched the pin off of the card minutes before the transaction. The staff at the store was not very helpful, they told me to call the number on the back of the card to "find out when it was used"- I was very confused. Calling the number is not helpful at all, they basically confirm that it was used at a certain time, but cannot explain to you HOW it could be used if the pin was not scratched off and the card was new. I am now seeing that VS gift cards are a BAD MOVE as this situation has happened to many other people. I think VS is either handing out card numbers that do not really exist or they have some major fraud going on which they obviously don't care enough about to investigate or give people their money back. After years of shopping here, I'm taking my business elsewhere.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Victoria's Secret?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Great customer service and friendly staff. I really recommend shopping at Victoria 's Secret. Great Deals too! I love, there are fragrances mists and all their body washes. Excellent service from the management. I never had any problems or issues with Victoria 's Secret.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Worst service ever, tried to cancel my order once I ordered - did it by mistake, I added to basket 5 things but suddenly 4 things disappeared; I tried live chat to cancel it; firstly I am told that my order can’t be canceled as it is pending and should get back in 20-30 minutes; after 30 minutes I am told that it can’t be canceled as it ready to be shipped - fraud, never again.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Finally made an online purchase with an eGift card I received 9 years ago. I received my order short a pair of panties. No communication about 1 panty being discontinued. Special I purchased was 7/$28. Since I only received 6, they charged me more $ for less items. I called & was told I could pick a pair to replace the pair I did not receive. Amongst lots of apologizing I asked the Rep to just pick something as I needed to leave immediately for a deployment. This was on Jan 7. Here we are Jan 20. Email order status shows, “On its way”. I call to get more apologies because I was not notified in any way that the pair the Rep ordered was no longer available so they credited my card. Good Luck to anybody ordering from V/S online. Exactly why the gift card sat for 9 years. As I write, my daughter is also getting a lot of lip service on a pair of yoga pants she ordered online. HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED. Make your purchase in store ONLY.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I made an online purchase late last summer. I never received a bill. I looked online and saw that the bill was posted and a late fee for nearly the amount of my purchase was levied. I contacted Victoria's Secret. They removed the late fee, I paid the bill, and thought no more of it. That was in late October. I got an email from Comenity Bank (Victoria's Secret) January 12 stating that I had a message. I logged on to the site to read the message. It was a notice that "amends your Account Agreement." I clicked on my account and was surprised to see a small but growing balance, even though I'd made no purchases. They had levied a $1.00 "minimum interest fee" in November.

I received no bill. They added a late charge and another $1.00 minimum interest fee in December. No bill. They added another $1.00 fee and a larger late penalty in January. I called. A polite associate just kept asking me if I wanted to receive paper bills and insisting that bills had been emailed regularly. I searched my email history - spam included - and took screenshots of the results. No bills.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I purchased a $200 gift card for my spouse on 12/12/18 at the Ontario Mills store. I took it home, wrapped it, put in under the tree. She opened it on 12/25/18 and was excited because she needed panties/bras and got to pick out whatever she wanted. Went online, shopped for 30-45 minutes, went to check-out and card said it had a zero balance. Called customer service, they told me the card had already been used online (on 12/16) and merchandise shipped somewhere else but couldn't confirm where. They then transferred me, left me on hold for 30 minutes and then disconnected the call and closed the department. I spend about 800-1000 a year here for my spouse (I mean, I used to).

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I bought 4 $50 dollars gift cards for my daughter 09/29/18 from Victoria's Secret store in Temecula, CA, to get ahead for Christmas just in case I am not going to have any money for them on Christmas. I gave them their gift card on Christmas eve when they all came home but found out that the cards were declined and has 0 balance on it. Called the Store and they said they can't do nothing about it and to call the number on the gift card which I did and they gave me another number to call and they can't do nothing about it.

Talked to supervisor and they said that the issue has to be forwarded to their corporate and it takes 4 weeks to get a response from the corporate and get back with me. Long story short. Victoria's Secret gift card is either scam or their employee stealing the information after the activation and use it themselves. Please don't buy gift cards from Victoria's Secret at all. I had spent $200 dollars cash and got zero back in return. They are scammers and thieves.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Victoria's Secret has horrible online shopping. This holiday season they messed up 3 of my orders. They were not in stock, canceled one of my orders then sending me stuff next month I ordered 3 weeks ago. I purchased buy 2 get 2 plus used my rewards which would have been a great deal but they charged me full price when they decided to send the items that were backordered. So my original order would have only been $50 for 4 items, they doubled billed me and charged me twice! Customer service made excuses and play games with you. They are rude and talk over you, one girl hung up on me, the next put me on hold for almost an hour! They have no intentions to help you, so watch your statements because they rip you off and it’s a scam they are playing!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

The email below was sent to Victoria Secret and I received a generic response along with contact info that guided me back through the Customer Service loop traveled yesterday. This morning I asked to be transferred to the Corporate Office and spoke to a really nice lady who I stood my situation but there was little that she could to assist because she had no access to my personal billing information. She offered to send me a $30 gift card which I declined. Although she couldn’t personally assist me with this issue she called me back to let me know that she cancelled/credited my account for a recent online purchase; prev. informed that the order couldn’t be cancelled I would have to wait until received then return to the store.

I have multiple credit cards and have never experienced anything like this or even experience such a rigid billing regime. For me it’s all about the principle, it seems for them it’s all about the money, and that forgotten the fundamentals customers service which is build a rapport & brand legacy in order to build a history of lifetime consumers. At this point all ties are severed and I will never shop there again. Although I wrote a lot of commentary no words can express how disappointed with this company. I know that I’m not the only one that has had this experience.

Yesterday 12/27/2018: "I’ve been a Forever cardholder for over 7 yrs and I’ve never incurred/made a late payment to date. Today, I decided to check my Victoria Secret account and noticed that there was a late fee of $37.00 which was odd because as I stated before I never made a late/missed a payment; but I’ve made payments on the same date the payment was due. I found out today by your staff that my payments were considered late due to the difference between the time zones (Eastern/Pacific) w/caused my payments to be late by 1 day for the last 3 months therefore I have accumulated $111.00 for late fees. Today I’ve spoken to 5 of your staff members who basically did nothing to maintain me as your customer.

As I stated multiple times to your staff that it’s not fair for me to have to pay $111 in fees based on the difference between the times zones especially when I made the payments on time according to where I live & most credit card have a grace period (which you do not). I was offered to be credited $37.00 for this month only, a supervisor tried to negotiate for me to pay $15.00 the month of November, & pay the entire $37.00 for October which I refused & requested to close my account.

I’m absolutely appalled that you would rather discontinue a good business relationship than cover the late charges of $111.00 completely. In speaking with your Supervisor Maria she continued to state that she/your company really appreciated my business but as your loyal customer today I felt less than appreciated therefore I requested to speak to Corporate & which transferred to an automotive line requesting that I call back another day. As I stated before your billing practices are not in sync with other credit companies. If we can’t find a resolution to this issue I will be reporting your company to Better Business Bureau. I anticipate a call back regarding this matter."

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I received a gift card in September for my birthday. My two year old son misplaced, a few days later I contacted them with my original receipt and canceled it, new one then requested. It took over 5 months to receive new one!!! And over 29 calls to customer care!!! Bs. I was then told I would receive additional money on card for my 5 months of inconvenience!!! That never happened either!!! Will never shop there again.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I've spent so much money at VS and won't spend another penny. Actually that's not true because they just charged a penny on my order without my consent. I placed an order for 2 leggings and 2 shirts. Instead I get 3 shirts and 1 pair of leggings. Then I call to get my original order corrected and have them ship the original pair of leggings out to me. Now I have to take time out of my day to take this shirt that I did not order to the store or ship it back. When I called the 2nd time about the charge, I find out my leggings are back ordered and I might not even receive them. I am done being an angel member. Time to cut that card. They have the absolute worst customer service ever. I will not be shopping there.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Okay, so there was a coupon to receive a free blanket December 16, 2018, the coupon was valid, but you had to purchase $85.00 before taxes to get the blanket. I went into the Mayfair Mall, Wisconsin to purchase the blanket. Well, I am tired of spending 100s of dollars with VS only to always be told NO! NO! I couldn't unfold the blanket, No! There were no other compensations for customers that spent $85.00 and didn't receive a blanket. No! You cannot combine coupons. Therefore NO! I will not spend my money there anymore.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I hold an international credit card; I ordered some bras and fragrances online. Even though my credit card showed pending VS had not processed my order because my Visa card was not a US issued card but it had a US billing address attached to it. They said I had to call my financial institution because my billing address and shipping addresses were in the US but my financial institution is not. I have ordered stuff from other stores like MAC, Macy's, Amazon, Bath & Body and have never had any issues.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I have never ordered off VS online but I decided to for the sale on underwear. I order underwear and some perfume. The order status never shows you where your package is. I ordered a little after Black Friday. I got no confirmation email or anything of the sort. I had to log in to see what is going on with my package. Yesterday it finally said delivered. And surprise, it was not. I contacted customer service who said they would reship. Why should I have to wait almost a month for my product? How annoying. They should provide compensation. At the very least let you track your package. Very irresponsible.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Hi, Friends I tried applying for Angel card in June but it's December and still never received that card and they also closed my account without notifying me and putting all the late fees on the account, and when you try to call and talk to their Comenity Bank and talk, worst service they would provide you. For them customer needs doesn't count just the money. So Friends think twice before applying for this card.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I have ordered bunch of stuff for Christmas from Victoria's Secret as I do every year for gifts for Friends & Family. I’m traveling to Europe this year for Holidays and I have ordered everything in advance and my package supposed to arrive on December 5th. Today is already the 9th and unfortunately my package still did not arrive! I have contacted Victoria's Secret sales department to check what was going on and they were unable to tell me how soon the package will arrive. They can only see that there is a delay with the package.

They have send me an email on the 5th to inform me that the package is delay and it will arrive on the 6th. Today is the 9th and I’m still waiting! I’m leaving tomorrow and I won’t be able to take the gifts with me!!! I will have to rush tomorrow morning and run to get some gifts instead! I have explained the situation on the phone with the customer service and they did absolutely nothing - not even apologies. Plus the women on the phone had an attitude! So disappointed with Victoria's Secret!!! I will cancel my purchase through my credit card and I will never give them my business again!!!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Not a happy camper! Bought two bras at Newmarket Victoria Secret @ Upper Canada Mall. First time buyer, was told the bras were fantastic. Not! The girl said it fit perfectly, looks great, when you are standing up but when you sit down the bra sits up without any breast in the cup. I'm not big, and pretty firm but the bra looks like it's two sizes too big for me! Washed them exactly to the instructions! Never will I buy another thing from Victoria's Secret! What a waste of my hard earned money. Not sure if there is anything customer service could do for me. So, just put up and shut up if guess! Staff was very impersonable and cold.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

My daughter and I were shopping for bras at Victoria Secret and after choosing our purchase we saw a sign that said if we spent $50 we would get a $20 credit off the purchase. So, we extended our purchase to include underwear as well. When the total came to over $85 I asked the sales rep to please take off the $20 as the sign located in plain view states. It says something to the effect of "redeem now". The sales rep said that is only for people who have a coupon which was given out last month. The sign does not mention a coupon and I left the shop feeling like I had been conned.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I have NEVER in my life experienced a more horrific display of customer service. Victoria's Secret has always in my eyes been a professional company. The last 2 orders that I've had issues with shipping and had to reach out to customer service has been terrible. ATTITUDE and DISRESPECT is all I got from them. First rep put me on hold and after 20 minutes of being on hold never returned to the phone. The second one hung up on me! Unacceptable!! I do not know what the credentials are to be hired as a rep at VS, but they need to step their game up!!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

So heated. So my daughter ordered on @Victoriasecret/@pink for Black Friday. Mind you if you made a 75 dollars purchase you got a free tote bag. Then they had a deal if you spent 150.00 you get the tote and blanket with your purchase "free". Yeah ok. Well guess what. They have no more. And it was not shipped with the order. Called spoke to a supervisor. She said there is nothing she can do. They have no more. Then said, "I can sent you another tote and 15 credit for the blanket." And said that the best she can do? Wtf. Like how you offering people stuff you don't have. Are you serious? Anybody ordered from them on Black Friday? I don't give a ** if it was free. It should be in my order. Just like you took my payment I should've had the product. What a rip off. Then asked how much was the retail price for the blanket. She said, "I don't have that information." What a scam.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

They send false advertisements, I always get emails from Victoria's Secret stores. This morning I got a bunch of emails with the advertisement of buy 2 get 2 free. The email says anything and everything...SURPRISE! When I went to the store to buy some lotions they told me they were excluded. WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THAT STORE. LIARS.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

If I can put Zero stars I would. Very bad experience, I just canceled my card with them. They try to take your money in any way possible. I did send them my check 10 days in advance and still charged me fees. It is not my fault that they are not getting their mail and processing the bills. So bad. Do not listen to them. They just want your money and they don't care how they take it.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

July 31, 2018, in a Long Island, NY Victoria's Secret store, I bought a $50 gift card for a friend's birthday present. She tried to make a purchase with the card at a Long Island, NY store on November 26, 2018. Clerk told her the balance on card was ZERO. She had NOT used the gift card and the pin number was still unscratched. The card was always in her possession. Where did the money go??? After an hour of phone calls to customer service, my friend was told that the card had been used in September at store #50409. Somehow no one in all of Victoria's Secret knows the location of this store.

I made phone calls, too, and I have to wait 4 weeks for an investigation to be completed. The staff at several Long Island, NY stores told me and my friend that theft of money on Victoria Secret gift cards happens often. WARNING!!! Don't purchase Victoria's Secret gift cards. You will lose your money. The staff thinks someone working at the manufacturer of the gift cards is stealing the money.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I had received an email from Victoria’s Secret offering a cozy blanket with a minimum purchase of $85. I thought, my daughter's friend would love some sprays, lotions and perfumes for Christmas, which she asked for for her birthday and I was unable to get. When I was unable to enter the promo code, I contacted customer support.

I was then informed that because there were 2 items on backorder, my total no longer met the $85 minimum. And I was not able to get the blanket offered. When I promptly told the agent that my total purchase charged to my card was over $110 with tax (free shipping over $100) she apologized and offered me a $10 credit for the trouble. I asked her to either send the offered promo item that I had made over the minimum purchase requirements, or cancel my order, which she promptly did and told me to have a good day. I have spent THOUSANDS of dollars over the years at VS and never in my life have I been treated like a number. I have been a loyal customer. This is a sad day, because I will pay off my credit card and never shop there again...

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I made an online purchase on Nov. 5th. It is now Nov. 20th and I have not received anything. I wanted to follow up on my item and decided to do the live chat. I find out the purchase I made was returned to VS and no longer available. The reason it was returned (after arriving to my city according to the USPS tracker) was because I didn't put down my apartment number which is BS. I have an image to prove it. This told me the item I purchased was sold to someone else since it is no longer available. It is frustrating to know I waited this long and no one on the VS team bothered to reach out to me to explain what happened. When I tried to make an exchange, the online chat lady Shatonya was taking 5-10 mins to reply. She seemed like she was going to resolve the issue at one point however, when I asked about shipping and additional charge, I had to ask several times for her to answer.

As I mentioned, she was taking 5-10 mins to respond and at this point investigating what happened and trying to do an exchanged dragged on for 30+ minutes. So I decided to call customer service while waiting for a reply back from Shatonya (since I was getting nowhere) and see if someone else would help. The lady on the phone explained that I would have to pay the price difference but, I would need to get a refund first and then a new charge. The whole thing seemed complicated. I ended up just asking for a refund. When Shatonya finally replied, I ended up expressing to her how terrible customer service is. All she replied was, "Ok." Just confirming what I had said.

I think The LEAST VS could have done was expressed delivered the other hoodie at no additional cost IF they cared about customer satisfaction. This was the WORST customer service experience I have ever received. I am extremely disappointed that it had to be from such a known brand like VS. I have been a customer for over 10 years. I supported the brand regardless of their quality of clothes going down. Today however, they officially lost a customer. I will NOT be purchasing there again.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I got 100 gift card. I went to spend it and it had a zero balance. It has been in my purse the whole time - never swiped?? I called the number on the back of the card and the lady on the other line was rude and said it was used a few days ago and there’s nothing they can do! DO NOT BUT THE GIFT CARDS! Also the lady told me this has never happened before. Which is complete BS as I have seen many reviews about this happening to other people. I know it’s only $100 but I won’t let this slide. I’m going back to the store - let them know there is fraud be committed in the store because it’s impossible for funds to be removed from a gift card that was in my purse the whole time without the employer's knowledge.

Victoria's Secret Company Information

www.victoriassecret.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.