1.26/5
Based on 50 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 18, 2018

560 Victoria's Secret Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 18, 2018

I have not received a statement from VS, as I charge at the store to get the points then pay cash. Well, store in Deer Park, IL took my payment and "forgot" to give me the receipt. Due to a sudden death in the family, I totally dismissed this. Now it is May and my account is in credit and collections. They show NO payment of the cash and will not even try and help me track what might have happened. THEFT. That's what happened. Who took my payment of cash that day??? No worries, my credit rating is over the top, this will not tarnish. Again, I tried to resolve this with no help or assistance from anyone at VS. They just said, "Too bad, can't help." DO NOT SHOP THERE.

Original review: April 29, 2018

All the girls that work in Victoria's Secret at the Rockaway night mall are very rude. I went there and was asking questions about their products. I asked 3 girls about different things and each one was very snobby. I didn’t even want to ask anything by mean girl # 3 so I went to check out and the girl at the desk ringing up my items was also very rude. I asked about the free gift and she chuckled and laughed as she got it for me... I said ty and she didn’t say anything. It was just a bad part of my shopping being in there.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I went to the store at Mohegan Sun. I always wore the wrong bra sizes and stopped wearing them. On top of that I can't wear back closes and got sensitivity problems, ended up being measured wrong and still ended up with a bra that looked ugly on me and didn't support me which made me so uncomfortable. But this store got me fitted right, made me feel sexy again, comfortable, good support. What can I say I love the bras. They don't itch or hurt me and fit great.

I don't know how different the sizes are from other stores since I wore a C mostly sometimes a D. From Victoria's I got a D in sport bras and DD in normal bras, they don't have a lot of padding so it seems different but it don't make you look bigger so don't worry about the size as long the bra fits and feel good. I can clearly say I'm really happy with how much patience they had, friendly they are, the knowledge of them and I happily say to shop there more, yes it's more expensive than Walmart and other stores but they give you worth for your money.

Original review: April 24, 2018

About 3 months ago I went to one of Victoria's Secret by my house and one of the girls discriminated me because of my looks. I am Hispanic, I was tired that day so I looked tired. My hair essentially done, I didn’t have make up on so she probably thought that I was going to steal or I didn’t have any money but she made me feel discriminated and it feels bad to a point that I don’t even go to that store anymore now. I go to another mall further because I don’t feel comfortable going to that store.

Today I called and choose the Spanish speaking person but the same. I was explaining her my issues about my last payment. She got irritated and hung up on me. Is sad that I believe that I am a good customer and don’t care. Is sad that being in this point of technology and there is not a way to make an automated payment. Is sad that Victoria's Secret only work with you once a year if you meet up with a payment. I was late one hour and Victoria's Secret punished me with a 27.00 fee and now is reported on my credit. Is so sad that Victoria's Secret won't retain their customers. As of next month I will not going back to one of your stores. Too bad that you don’t care about your customers.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Went into the store. Made payment. About a few days later I didn't see it in my account. Went into the store. Show them my receipt and even got loss prevention involved. They say they see us in the camera doing the payment but somehow our transaction just disappear from their systems. Not once they try to contact us or look into the camera or anything to see why they were over $574. And they would have to call corporate office to get it approve again. Went into the store again to do the transaction. They say it will clear in 24 hr. Still nothing. Corporate office call me and offer me $150 gift card for the mistake they did and how they treated us in the store. Really $150 isn't going to change anything. Definitely not going there anymore and is happen to close my card with them. Wonder how many transaction just disappear out of their system and no one follow through with this issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Victoria's Secret?

Original review: April 4, 2018

After waiting for my coupons to activate, carefully shopping and entering coupon codes and paying over $100, VS decided to delete my order. Like, literally just decided to discard it. I was getting a free tote and free shipping, due to coupons - they must have run out or something. Either way, they claim that the order never existed. They took my money, but say that the order wasn't placed. Promise to refund my money in 3 - 5 days. NEVER AGAIN. This is why I don't shop at chains.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Bought lots of items to try and find best fit bikini and returned the ones I didn't want. Followed return instructions carefully and correctly and no refund and no answer to any of my emails. This is fraud - so buyer beware.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I give Victoria Secret products 5 stars BUT their credit card 1 star. They make it as hard as they can to pay your bill so they can charge fees. I have always paid on time and paid substantially more than the min payment so my pay, my payment record is clean. I have had many problems with trying to use their automotive system throughout the years. This last issue was the final straw that broke the camel’s back. I paid using the only checking account I have had in 25 year and completed the transaction writing down the confirmation number. Next statement shows my payment returned along with a $25 fee and $9.95 interest fee. I called to see out why. For some reason their computer system had changed one number and my checking account number could not be found. It took 1 hour to work it out - the payment was processed - the fees taken off.

A few weeks later I called to check on my account. GUESS WHAT? THE $25 FEE and THE $9.99 INTEREST FEE WAS STILL THERE. I talked to 3 more customer service people and none of them would reverse the charges. So I cancelled my credit card for my loyalty and 17 years of holding an Angel card was not worth $35 to them. I meant that little. I was treated rudely and will never ever use their credit card ever again. I suggest that if you want to buy nothing from them PAY WITH CASH OR USE ANY OTHER TYPE OF CREDIT CARD OUT THERE - DO NOT USE THEIR ANGEL CARD FOR YOU WILL BE HIT WITH FEES even if it is not your fault and you will be treated horribly.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I cancelled my card because I only applied for it because of pressure from the salesman and I paid it off and didn't want the temptation of charging in it again. Then they sent me this thirty dollars off and said I can't use it because I cancelled my account. I didn't have to use a credit card to be able to use it. Then all they care about is getting you to spend as much money as possible. I mean the sales people were helpful but it took me forever to find one who actually knew what she was taking about.

Original review: March 1, 2018

It is extremely frustrating when VS or PINK discontinues a fragrance without warning, especially because they assume you will love their new ones. They did this several years ago with Fruity and Bright and are now messing with Fresh and Clean. A few months ago they were having one of their buy 2 get one free so I did. I purchased several body mists and body lotion. I literally bathe in it so it's not like it sits on my shelf for months. I opened my last bottle and there was a totally different fragrance in the bottle although it was marked Clean and Fresh.

The travel bottles never smell like the large size either. I brought it back tonight and exchanged it and bought 2 additional. I tested all three and purchase a travel size. Shame on me for not testing the travel because guess what?? It is a different scent. Is there any type of quality assurance? Do they clean their machines before making a new fragrance. Now I am going to have to go back. Also, they discontinued the body lotion for the same fragrance. Why keep the scent if you are not keeping the entire line. Ridiculous. Getting very frustrated with them and wondering if quality is a concern at all.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Apparently Victoria Secret sent my package to another person, they said it was delivered, but not me, the unbelievable part is when I sign into my account it indicates I have NO orders at all, but they took the money from my bank account, and I don't have my stuff but they said it was delivered, but the proof of delivered don't indicates either my name or address. And I am tired of spent my day chatting, sending emails and screenshots to a company who don't really care if they solve or not the problem. I feel scammed!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Well the store in the town I live in stinks from their customer service to the selection. And mostly their customer service. So instead I decided to shop online. Initially I used the free shipping on purchases over $50. But during checkout I decided I wanted the items sooner than later so I opted to pay for 3 day shipping. Here I am on day 6 with no package arriving yet. And the lady from live chat was no more friendly than the associates in the store here. I can buy underwear and bras from Walmart and still be sexy for a quarter the price. And that’s what I intend to do from now on.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I recently purchased a Victoria Secret bra online, thinking I could take advantage of a sale. Well, the bra arrived and had an odor to it, similar to a chemical adhesive smell. Although I laundered the bra, the smell was still apparent. I have been a long term Victoria Secrets bra purchaser at the "brick & mortar" locations, however, I am simply appalled by the smell and the quality. It is not safe to purchase Victoria Secret garments online. It gives the impression of poor quality, design and counterfeit production, which is not up to the normal Victoria Secret standard. Such poor quality and putrid smells, leads me to believe that the garments are being manufactured aboard. SHAME ON YOU VICTORIA SECRET!!!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Growing up with VS creates loyalty to certain products. I'm so upset how so many things become discontinued without warning. Women have a signature perfume they love all their lives. Why would you discontinue your best fragrance but yet keep the worst stinky ones? Divine was best ever. Strawberries and champagne best ever. Gone gone with no warning. You blow up email through with promotional bullcrap but you can't warn what's being taken away so fans can stockpile? What kind of customer loyalty is that. Then an entire clothing line disappears. There goes pretty dresses. I do like the Pink line but clearly those are made for young skinny girls. Then you drop the entire makeup line after I was attached to 2 eyeshadow. Wth is going on. Horrible and depressing.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

On December 19, 2017, I purchased two gift card for 70.00 each at the VS in Escondido, CA. I placed each gift card in Christmas cards and I gave them to my nieces on December 25th. A few days later my nieces tried to redeem these cards and the cards had zero balances. My receipt shows that the transaction at the VS store correctly added the 70.00 to each card; however, the cards were redeemed on December 21st at a VS store in Ontario, CA - 82 miles from my house.

I have never been to Ontario. The gift cards were in my house, next to my Christmas tree from December 19th until my nieces opened their cards on Christmas morning. After spending weeks contacting VS and my bank, and after VS completing an "investigation", VS states that they are not liable for the loss of the money on my two gift cards and they are not going to do anything to return the money to me or my nieces. One of the customer service representatives at VS said that someone likely took a picture of the card at the counter (with the gift card numbers) and waited until there was money loaded onto the card, then redeemed the card in Ontario. The fact that they will not return the money to me is terrible. I will never do business with Victoria's Secret ever again. They are horrible!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

The customer service was horrible at best. They don’t care about what happening to you at all. I’m sure they will always try to find a way to get money out of your pocket. Getting a Angel card was a big mistake that I could ever done to myself. I got a payment overdue because of some idiot over VS said they sent an billing statement way before the due date, guess what? The statement came 15 days after the assessment fee got applied including interest. I called to get help of this particular situation only found out that they can’t do anything about that and the representative has no responsibility and ability to this problem at all.

This guy keep blaming the postal office fault to why the mail didn’t come in, instead like other company try to help you waive it and solve your actual problem at hand. I got into a fight with them before he sent me to their manager who said she doesn’t handle any of these problems and tried to forward me to someone else, you know this company pack tons of retards when their manager don’t even know to solve the problem. I rested my case here, I would recommend never make a mistake doing business with them. It’s just a bunch of selfless morons trying to get every penny out of your pocket.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

In April of 2017 I received a bill from a purchase I made on my Angels Rewards card. At that time I was told I also owed late fees. This was resolved and the late fees were removed Or so I thought. On February 7, 2018 I received 6 calls from An unknown caller. At 8 am on February 8th another call came through and I answered. It was a collection agency saying that I owed $86.28 from February 2017. I never received any bills or notifications regarding any money owed. I refused to pay and I called Victoria's Secret which put me through to Comenity Bank who handles their credit branch of the VSAngel card. I was told that although my bill was paid in full a year ago and paid through their customer service, I had paid after the due date so finance charges occurred.

She explained how no bills are sent but that their process is - a call will occur from an unknown number, ring twice and hang up. No message will be left. If no one answers after 10 attempts the account is thrown into collections. She immediately offered to zero out my balance. I am canceling my card and I warn others to be careful and so your homework. I have researched now and see others whose credit has been dinked and worse, ruined by having a line of credit through VSAngel Cards.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Dr. Victoria Secret, don’t ever send trashy mail to my house ever again! I do not appreciate what I received Thursday from you. I have young children that do not need to see half naked women hanging on each other. I thought you were better than this but I guess you are right up there with other trashy companies.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I called to check my balance on my credit card so I can pay them off in time (hadn't seen my statement recently) and lo and behold, my limit has been lowered without my permission. I talked to the rep. She says it's an automatic thing for the company to go in and check frequently. I got upset yet remained calmed and told her they have no right to do that. It goes against my score every time they do that. And they do NOT have my permission. She said again it's an automatic thing in the system. No. I said, "No." I'm trying to raise my score, not lower it because of underhanded companies like you. So no. I'm not satisfied and they should be sued. It's also in a record like with me saying "you do not have permission to check my score."

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I recently went into Victoria's Secret to purchase some bras. Having a bit of extra money I figured I would indulge and get myself some nice bras. BAD idea! I purchased 4 bras, all underwire bras in different styles. On every single bra the underwire is FAR too long and extends upward closer to my armpit area than any other brand of bras I own. I spent over $100 on bras and can't wear any of them without getting a sore from the outer edge of the underwire. I'd also like to note that I was measured by the Victoria's Secret staff members and purchased the suggested size. So it can't be the fact that I simply purchased the wrong size bra??? Get it together guys! You're supposed to be quality, not just a regretful purchase! I have attached photos of a black bra from Victoria's Secret and a white bra of another brand (that is VERY comfortable) on top of it to show the difference in wire length.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I placed my order on Nov 24 2017, with free 2 day shipping. I received a package on Dec 01, missing one bra. I actually did not notice a missing bra until I received an email on Dec 23, saying the missing bra is back ordered, and is expected to arrive on Jan 04 2018. Ok, fine, I wait. Today is Jan 04, and there's no update about the shipping on this order. The customer service told me that I cannot cancel this order until Jan 10. I don't know what to say. These were meant to be Christmas present. I've been doing online shopping for almost everything. But this is the only one I've encountered that takes more than one month to ship.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

The customer service is terrible! Nobody helps me at all. But when I check out I have to give a name as to who was helping me. If I don't give a name they stand there looking at me and throw names out. Lol! Not happy AT all!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

The first order I placed was at a in store Dec. 13th. They said I would receive the items Dec. 20th. Then Dec. 20th passed and I didn't receive the items, I called call center. They advised that the items are on backorder and won't receive till Jan. 4th but this was for Christmas presents! Placed 2nd order with the call center. They advised shipment would be received Dec. 23rd before Christmas since it was next day shipment. Worried called early Dec. 23rd to the call center. They advised shipment will not be received on the 23rd but till Dec. 26th.

I felt confused, sad then mad since I had to purchase gifts for my friends elsewhere at the last minute! Top it off I always buy items at the store and have never placed a online order. Thank you Victoria's Secret!!! For giving me a traumatizing experience ordering online. I was offered a $15 gift card seriously for what I experienced. No thanks. That wouldn't even cover for my time I waited in line the last day. I depended on you, you let me down.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

This is the fifth time I've ordered items from Victoria's Secret that appear as in stock when I place my order only to be backrdered. This was supposed to be a Christmas gift but the item will not arrive until January 4th. This will definitely be the last time this company gets a fine from me. As much as I love their products I hate their continued dishonesty.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I order gifts for Christmas online. I received 2 days before Christmas and they are all terrible quality. Nothing came with tags on them so they don’t look new. One shirt had a huge black mark on it. For what they charge the quality is awful!!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

EXTREMELY BAD customer service! I have ordered 2-3 weeks ago three items from a special they were running. I wanted to have the sports bra for a while now and because they were running a special I decided to buy a set (as I have never bought myself a matching set). First, the order didnt came through but it was deducted from my PayPal account. Later I tried it again and it did came through and I was refunded for the other order. After some days (on the 13th of December) I received a message saying my order was being processed and that I would receive an email when my package is ready. On the 18th I still didn't receive an email.

So I clicked on the button to check my order status and it said, “We're sorry. We do not recognize either the order number or the email address you have provided. Please re-enter the information.” After I send an email about this, I received an email saying that it does show in their system and that my order should be delivered by the end of January the third and they provided me with a tracking number. But all the links they provided didnt work. And it still didnt show my order so I contacted them again. As a response I received some steps I had to follow but these were the same steps I already did. Also they said it worked for them so it didnt seem to bother them that their system doesnt work for their customers. Eventually I received a shipping confirmation on the 21st of December but it only shows 2 products and not the bra which was the reason I purchased in the first place.

So I contacted them about this as it showed a message saying that I may receive several shipments to complete the fulfillment of my order. So I asked them if I receive the bra later or what is going on? As a respond I got that ''Due to a processing error, the sports bra was no longer available, and could not be shipped with my order as initially expected''. As a result they processed a refund for this item through a third party and that I have to allow 7 to 10 business days for processing and 1 to 2 billing cycles for the credit to appear on my monthly statement.

Furthermore, I received a link to browse for an alternate selection and if so, I have to place a new order. THIS IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED IN MY LIFE. I bought this as a set, so I expect at least a full refund of all items, or a very good compensation for the many problems I experienced. I had to find out myself that one item was missing from the shipment summary (the item was still visible in my order account).

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I was a Victoria's Secret credit card holder for over a year. I always paid cash in store or debit card from my checking online. Just a couple weeks ago I decided to use the card from them. I was supposed to get a reward for how many points I had accumulated. When I messaged them to ask about my reward they sent me a message back claiming they had to cancel my card because they ran my credit again. I guess the 10.00 reward card that I assume I'm not getting now was worth them losing a loyal customer. I will not be buying from them in the future. The one star is only because I had to choose one.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

Victoria's Secret was offering a coupon for Free 2-Day Shipping On $125 or more, however, even when I had already spent 135.00 between a gift card and apparel, the coupon was not honored in my cart. I received the following, this offer was not applied because you did not meet the purchase requirements. Also, no online chat available, needless to say, they will not be getting my business for Christmas!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

It is a circus every time I call for help. The coupons given are never right or spelled right and so they are not redeemable. The customer service representatives are rude once you wait over an hour to talk to someone. I could only imagine if they were organized how much money they'd make if customer service wasn't such a hassle. The stores are always crowded with long lines, pushy customers, and sizes all mixed up. So I try to order online but I don’t have the time to wait two hours.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Nov 24th 2017 placed my order, today is Dec 12th 2017!! I have called numerous times to try and find my order and each time I call they say it will be arriving that day, (I called 4 times). Yesterday Dec 11th 2017 I call and asked to speak to a supervisor but the employee would not connect me and decided to hang up after I said if I don't receive my order by tonight then I will cancel my order. I called today and decided to cancel my order. Once again they hung up on me. They need to re-train their employees and teach them what customer service is and possibly learn themselves! I like many other people will no longer order from them!

Victoria's Secret Company Information