2. Shopping

Target Stores

Target Stores
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.06/5
Based on 3,245 ratings submitted in the last year

Target is a big-box store that stocks general merchandise. It allows customers to find pretty much everything they need in one store, saving them time and effort. At Target, customers can find everything from groceries and household essentials to home decor and office supplies. The company provides free two-day shipping on online orders, but customers can pay extra for same-day delivery.

Top Target Stores Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Target provides great value for a wide variety of products. … The seasonal products are often unique and of very good quality. Pet products are priced below Pet Smart & PetCo. Finally, the stores are adequately staffed to assure a swift checkout…

When I need something quick or just to browse and shop ideas are endless at Target… The housing bay of clean shopping carts, clean bathrooms at the front entry and HR resources in view with lots of room, is a strong indication TARGET focuses on their patrons…

What is Target?

Target is a big-box retailer known for its affordability and wide selection of products. The store boasts everyday low prices, but it also offers weekly deals, clearance prices and other in-store markdowns. Customers who hold a RedCard credit or debit card can save an extra 5% on their purchases. RedCard holders also get exclusive offers and deals to save even more.

Target makes customer experience a top priority. Stores have spacious and uncluttered aisles for both customer comfort and ease of access. Employees frequently perform zone sweeps to ensure shelving is neat and properly stocked.

What does Target do?

Target offers customers a variety of mid- to high-quality products at affordable prices. Customers can find many reliable brands at Target, including Dyson, KitchenAid, Apple and many more trusted names. The company also has its own brands in nearly every category. These brands include Market Pantry, Archer Farms, Threshold, Boots & Barkley, Up & Up and Xhilaration.

With such a variety of brands, Target provides customers with options to fit almost any budget for nearly any purchase. Whether you’re decorating a dorm room, investing in long-term needs for your home, refreshing your wardrobe, prepping for a party or looking to fill your pantry, you can find most everything you need with one trip to Target.

Target prices

The amount of money you spend at Target will greatly depend on the type of purchase you’re making. The grab-and-go area of Bullseye’s Playground at store entrances presents you with neat finds for just a couple of dollars. You can find clothing staples for as little as $5, or build a full outfit for less than $100.

Target carries several brands, so there is something for every budget. For example, if Threshold home decor is out of your price range, Room Essentials might be a better fit. You can find various brands for everything from coffee makers to cookware, vacuums to televisions and more.

Target also regularly offers great deals on their flyer items, and customers can often find in-store markdowns. Regular Target shoppers may want to consider a RedCard to save an extra 5%.

Target FAQ

What kind of a store is Target?
    Target is a general merchandise retailer. It’s a superstore that carries a variety of brands, product lines and product types.
    How many stores does Target have?
    According to the corporate website, Target has 1,880 stores in the U.S. It has stores in all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
    Can you order from Target online?
    Target does have online ordering. Along with standard shipping, customers can choose same-day delivery, in-store pickup or curbside pickup.
    Does Target have stores in other countries?
    Target has several offices globally but no other stores. Target attempted an expansion to Canada in 2013, but the attempt was ultimately unsuccessful; all stores were closed by April 2015.

Is Target a good company?

Target is an excellent company to shop with. It prioritizes customer experience, so it’s easy to feel like you’re not in a big-box store while still saving money. Target is a popular choice for almost any shopping need, and you see that popularity across social media. Target carries both popular brand names and its own brands, which means they have products at multiple price points. There are also ways to save, such as the Target RedCard. Overall, Target provides an enjoyable and affordable shopping experience.

Target Stores Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target Stores?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: April 8, 2021

The Target in St. John, Indiana is not consistent on enforcing their mask policy. I've have seen so many people with either no mask or a mask on their chin. No one says anything to them and they are left alone to shop. My husband went to visit the store to grab milk and was asked to leave if he didn't wear a mask. He has no problem wearing a mask, but was very surprised they asked him to leave. He even called me and said, "I thought you said the mask mandate is not followed here at this store, that no one is wearing them." I told him that's true. I visit that store twice a week and wish I took pictures of the amount of people not wearing a mask, mostly women. I've only seen one man with no mask. I guess women are allowed to shop at Target with NO MASK, but men are required to wear a mask to shop. What's up with the discrimination at this location?

Original review: April 4, 2021

Buyer beware of Target.com - I recently made a purchase on Target.com - wherein I had to navigate through pop up boxes which tried to sell me a "protection plan" for the item I bought. Which was a simple $40 desk lamp. The pop up is automatically set to "yes, protect me" - you can't click the X - as I thought as I was charged for the plan. In the Order Detail on my account, it said it's non-refundable. It took a phone call and a nice customer service person to refund me the money charged for the plan. Which is why I give Target.com 3 stars vs. 1. Someone in their Marketing Department needs to be fired for conducting business this way. Are your finances in that much peril Target?

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2021

As soon as I went into the Target Store I was stopped by a security team member who stated “because my dog was not old enough it could not be in the store.” I stated my dog was for service to me for several reasons. I was then asked by this employee did I know that it takes a year for an animal to be trained to be a service animal! I was not asked how old my animal was. I was not asked if this was a documented service animal. My dog is harnessed, collared and leashed. I asked guest services for a copy of this policy. I did not break any policy and upon getting a printout copy I decided not to buy the items in my cart. I am not sure if I will shop at Target ever again.

Original review: March 6, 2021

I purchased an electronic kitchen appliance. I drove 100 miles round trip. Upon returning home and opening the box I realized that it was missing a piece. I contacted Target to see what they could do for me and their only solution was for me to drive another 100 miles to trade it! My first and last shopping trip to Target!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

It became well known to me at the conclusion of an "entice hackers to catch identity thieves" scam that Target gift cards were a popular method to scam consumers. The asset manager, who had finally asked me if I was being scammed, to whom I had replied "I don't think so!" was finally able to get through my trance, for lack of a better word. For one hour and fifteen minutes I entered and exited the store and was witnessed by the same clerk near the same self-checkout counters purchasing up to ten gift cards separately. Shortly after the conclusion of a terrifying four-hour experience, we were present at the Target store with a deputy sheriff. That same asset manager provided 21 copies of receipts for $500 gift cards.

My complaint is that Target training to detect consumers being victimized by scammers is abysmal or perhaps nonexistent. After Discover refused to reverse the unconfirmed purchases, I contacted Target for recourse. I was told that too much time had probably passed and that I could only recover monies that had not been used on the gift cards. Within minutes, the representative was able to tell me five of the cards had zero balances. My second complaint is that the asset manager at Target did not inform me that I should contact Target immediately with the gift card number on the receipts for which he had furnished the officer and me copies. Again, a lack of training for Target employees.

I had been promised refunds on any charges I made that day ... or I would never have left the house. Target had sales of $13,500 on Black Friday 2020 because of a scam for which I am liable. Target Stores could have been more helpful during and after this scam ... and I wonder about all the other scam victims. Some Target stores in some states appear to be more proactive in reducing crimes than Wisconsin.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

I purchased 2 Apple Watches Series 6 from the Target website and when the package arrived one item was correct and one was incorrect (Series 3 Apple Watch). I understand that the warehouse gets the orders wrong and I was understanding of this issue. I went in to the North Hills Target Store in Raleigh, North Carolina to return the items but the team leader - Cleo was very rude to me. First visit, he refused to refund the items as it “was going to mess the store inventory up.” Like I give a **! He told me to contact customer service.

So I went all the way back home to contact the customer service and they told me that these items are only returnable in store and that Cleo advised me incorrectly. So I went back to the store for the second time and he again refused to return the item. He called customer service and then when he put the phone down he LIED and said that I need to call them AGAIN and get a pre-paid return label to send the items back to the warehouse. So I went back home again!

I spoke to another customer service advisor - Jenny, who reiterated the same thing that the previous advisor who I spoke to on the phone, that I need to take the items back to the store for a full refund.
When I went back in to the store for the 3rd time, Cleo said he cannot “serve me or give me a refund” - specifically me. Apparently his manager Robert said this to him - but Robert was nowhere to be found when I asked for him!

HE then bought over another manager from the clothing section who didn’t have an idea what was going on. I heard Cleo bad mouthing me and was talking about me unknowingly that I could hear - calling me a thief and all sorts. He was very unprofessional and was talking about me to staff near the counter. Check the cameras!!

He then stooped so low and was racist towards me and said “We cannot serve people like you” (I can also go into why America think ** people are ignorant, because that is how ** people speak to customers like myself. But they wouldn’t like it if someone spoke to them like that!) This shouldn’t be about racism but unfortunately Cleo was xenophobic towards me as an Asian person. Disgusting behaviour! This wasted half day of my work time and I lost half a day’s salary, so I need reimbursing for my time wasted and I want action taking on Cleo for racism, discriminating and unprofessionalism. I sent this complaint to the store manager Robert **, but he has ignored my emails as he is rude and ignorant!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I have purchased multiple gift cards from Target.com using my Target REDcard with no issues. However, that has changed. I recently ordered some gift cards. The order initially processed and then I received an email indicating the order did not process but gave no specific reason. I called Target REDcard and was referred to Target.com who was told me a glitch occurred and it will be corrected and try again later. When I tried again the same issue occurred. I called back and was told the the orders were cancelled and that they would clear out overnight. Target.com shows that the orders were cancelled; however, Target REDcard still have the orders pending. I currently cannot use my card and calling Target REDcard no service has been a waste of time. I asked for a supervisor and that request was rejected. It has been over a week and the issue remains unresolved.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

I have been to a lot of grocery stores in my lifetime. I have Publix (too expensive), Walmart (hit and miss) and TARGET. Target is always clean and a lot of customer service around to help. I love that they have outside of the box items. And their own brand is excellent. I have never been sorry for shopping and getting an extra 5% off with a Red Card. I also have become friends with the pharmacy staff and they are the best around. I love the superstore grocery, I can get all my shopping needs done at one time. Always nice to try new products and if they don't sell fast they will move them out. Love Target brand of coffees, Peppermint and Double chocolate are my fav. I always feel safe at the store. My Target has an upstairs parking deck, which is great when raining. Yes, I would say I love my Target!!!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

I purchased this unlit 7’ artificial Christmas Tree at Target last week and was amazed at how full and truly beautiful it was once out of the box and fully decorated. The tree was on sale, I paid $34.20 after the sale price less my 5% Red Card discount. We have a small apartment tight on space, searched the internet, and came across Target’s “Wondershop” Christmas Trees. We checked the in-store display and decided to purchase it... And we’re so happy we did.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

Items, especially furniture, often arrives damaged due to poor packaging. I would say about 75% of all furniture items I've ordered from them come with severe damage due to poor packaging. However, they are so flexible and customer service is so great that I still continue to purchase their beautiful items. So many companies could learn from Target's great service (looking at you Pottery Barn!).

Target Stores Company Information