Target Stores

Target Stores

1.7/5 (32 ratings)

About Target Stores

Target is a big-box store that stocks general merchandise. It allows customers to find pretty much everything they need in one store, saving them time and effort. At Target, customers can find everything from groceries and household essentials to home decor and office supplies. The company provides free two-day shipping on online orders, but customers can pay extra for same-day delivery.

Pros

• Discount with Target RedCard
  • One-stop shopping
  • Customer-friendly layout

Cons

• Stores smaller than some competitors
  • Fewer stores than similar chains

Bottom Line

Target is a general merchandise store. Customers can find most everything they need, and there’s a variety of brands to meet many budgets. There are locations in all 50 states.

Top Target Stores Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Verified

Target provides great value for a wide variety of products. … The seasonal products are often unique and of very good quality. Pet products are priced below Pet Smart & PetCo. Fin...

Verified

When I need something quick or just to browse and shop ideas are endless at Target… The housing bay of clean shopping carts, clean bathrooms at the front entry and HR resources in...

What is Target?

Target is a big-box retailer known for its affordability and wide selection of products. The store boasts everyday low prices, but it also offers weekly deals, clearance prices and other in-store markdowns. Customers who hold a RedCard credit or debit card can save an extra 5% on their purchases. RedCard holders also get exclusive offers and deals to save even more.

Target makes customer experience a top priority. Stores have spacious and uncluttered aisles for both customer comfort and ease of access. Employees frequently perform zone sweeps to ensure shelving is neat and properly stocked.

What does Target do?

Target offers customers a variety of mid- to high-quality products at affordable prices. Customers can find many reliable brands at Target, including Dyson, KitchenAid, Apple and many more trusted names. The company also has its own brands in nearly every category. These brands include Market Pantry, Archer Farms, Threshold, Boots & Barkley, Up & Up and Xhilaration.

With such a variety of brands, Target provides customers with options to fit almost any budget for nearly any purchase. Whether you’re decorating a dorm room, investing in long-term needs for your home, refreshing your wardrobe, prepping for a party or looking to fill your pantry, you can find most everything you need with one trip to Target.

Target prices

The amount of money you spend at Target will greatly depend on the type of purchase you’re making. The grab-and-go area of Bullseye’s Playground at store entrances presents you with neat finds for just a couple of dollars. You can find clothing staples for as little as $5, or build a full outfit for less than $100.

Target carries several brands, so there is something for every budget. For example, if Threshold home decor is out of your price range, Room Essentials might be a better fit. You can find various brands for everything from coffee makers to cookware, vacuums to televisions and more.

Target also regularly offers great deals on their flyer items, and customers can often find in-store markdowns. Regular Target shoppers may want to consider a RedCard to save an extra 5%.

Target FAQ

What kind of a store is Target?
Target is a general merchandise retailer. It’s a superstore that carries a variety of brands, product lines and product types.
How many stores does Target have?
According to the corporate website, Target has 1,880 stores in the U.S. It has stores in all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
Can you order from Target online?
Target does have online ordering. Along with standard shipping, customers can choose same-day delivery, in-store pickup or curbside pickup.
Does Target have stores in other countries?
Target has several offices globally but no other stores. Target attempted an expansion to Canada in 2013, but the attempt was ultimately unsuccessful; all stores were closed by April 2015.

Is Target a good company?

Target is an excellent company to shop with. It prioritizes customer experience, so it’s easy to feel like you’re not in a big-box store while still saving money. Target is a popular choice for almost any shopping need, and you see that popularity across social media. Target carries both popular brand names and its own brands, which means they have products at multiple price points. There are also ways to save, such as the Target RedCard. Overall, Target provides an enjoyable and affordable shopping experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target Stores?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: June 22, 2022

I ordered an item on Target.com. Items got delivered. Missing one package. I reached out to Target. I was told to wait 48hrs package will be delivery. I never got my 3rd package. I reached out again, I was told to wait 7 days. I waited still nothing. Only to be told by Target FedEx stated it was delivered so there is nothing they can do. So I paid for an item I never received. I have called all departments. I was told to reach out to FedEx myself. Who in the world says that to a customer who has paid for an item. If that was the route why did Target asked me to wait 48hrs then 7 days. I feel scammed by Target. I will never recommend Target to anyone.

Original review: June 2, 2022

I received a $50 gift card for my birthday and tried to use it for an order online purchase. When I went to checkout and scratch the back of the card for the access number the sticker wouldn’t peel off properly to see the number. The sticker started to break off into pieces and the number wasn’t visible enough to use. I called customer service to see if they would give me a replacement and they told me to download the app to scan the bar code on the back only for an error to show up after several attempts. They then asked for me to provide an email to send a picture of the back of the card so they could verify there was still a balance. After sending it, they then tell me that they don’t have record of the card in the system probably because it was purchased in the store.

They then asked for me to ask the person who gave it to me for the purchase receipt. They asked for her phone number and email to see if she had an account. They were going to call her to see if she had a purchase receipt. This is not efficient way to handle this. What are the chances she still has the receipt after purchasing a month ago. I understand they need to verify the purchase of the gift card but if the long bar code and event # on the back can’t prove that there is money on the card, then what’s the point of the bar code. Why can’t they just cancel the card I have, and issue a new one. Giving out someone’s information and then asking for a purchase receipt (given they still have it), after taking a picture of the card seems a bit much to do to receive a placement card which takes 5-7 business days to receive in the mail when all the while neither party is at fault for a damaged card. It’s a hassle and inconvenient to say the least.

Target is not a new company and this process seems a bit intentional in the hopes that maybe people won’t go through the trouble to fix the problem that they didn’t even cause. It’s just not realistic that there isn’t a better way to trace gift cards if in the event it is damage. What then is the purpose of both of the bar codes then.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 12, 2022

I called to have an item price matched. The lady told me it could be done and she told me to purchase it while on the phone. After I purchased the item, she tried to give me the difference. She then stated that it can not be done because it was through a third party. If that was the case, she should of told me that it couldn't be done before she told me to purchase the item. I would have just went through Walmart.com.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Target has recently increased their prices, some only 5%, while the majority of prices went up 25% or more. Meanwhile, they provide their employees with decent starting salaries, but give raises at anywhere from .5% to 3%. Maybe they should take some of their 13 billion in profits and take care of their employees. The COO makes over 12 million a year in salary and the CFO makes more than 20 million a year salary. It is pathetic in any business that these people think they deserve such a salary (if you break down the 12 million to 40 hours per week, it is 5,769 per hour), but yet they are so proud of the fact that they start their people at $15 per hour. Maybe if the top tiers gave up some of their salary, they could pay their people an actual living wage and maybe give them decent raises. Who needs or deserves to make over $5,000 per hour. NO ONE deserves that type of salary.

Original review: April 14, 2022

I am a 74 year old Air Force Veteran and I was refused service at the Target store located at: 2430 Santa Barbara Blvd, Cape Coral, Florida 33914. I was refused by a cashier and the store manager the purchase of a case of “Hard seltzer water” because I didn’t have a card with my birthdate on it. The Veteran’s Administration I.D. with my picture on it. PLUS my obvious age should be proof enough that I’m old enough to purchase “hard seltzer water”. I complained to the BBB for Target's headquarters in Minnesota and got nowhere.

Original review: April 13, 2022

It's incomprehensible that they ship baby puffs in the same box with baby wipes, toilet paper and other boxes. My items were crushed inside the bags and two popped open. The app and website force you to select from limited options then request the food to be packed up and returned to them for a replacement or refund. It's absurd. Hire a shipping manager that can use basic common sense when packing items.

Original review: April 12, 2022

I do not buy a whole lot from this store anymore. I used to, that is why I got their credit card in the first place. I bought a hand vac that would never charge properly. I tried another and had the same issue. About a year later I tried to buy a gaming chair, online. When it arrived there was not ONE single hardware piece in the box (which was taped up, by the way, when it arrived). All that was in the box was two cushions and the bottom plate to the seat cushion. No arms, not screws, no wheels, not even the wheel base. After I ordered it, I noticed they had dropped my limit, for not using them enough. THIS is the kind of crap that has had me NOT use them. They will probably go the way of Kmart, I imagine. Poorly managed business all the way to the top.

Original review: March 19, 2022

Target throws liquid and delicate items that might break during shipping loosely into boxes without any kind of protective wrapping, only some air filled bags on top, which do absolutely nothing to protect the items. My order just arrived with the dishwashing spray bottles leaking. Also, the white target tape they put around the spray nozzle and where the cap screws on does nothing to prevent leaking either. Most of the tapes were wet with liquid when I removed them. Target's shipping department needs to do a much better job.

Original review: March 11, 2022

After over 10 years of having a red card, in November did not see the email bill. Noticed I missed the payment. I called and paid in full the 55 dollar balance. Customer service said it would not go on credit report because I was never late. Well they reported it and my perfect credit score was ruined for 55 dollars. Called back CS. Rude and would not help. Canceled my card because they also lowered my limit to 200 dollars. Target does not care about my business.

Original review: March 5, 2022

I used to love Target. No more. I purchased smart TV on Target.com to pick up at my local store on Thursday night with the intention of picking it up on Friday. It showed as being in stock, and was on sale. Shortly after making the purchase, I received a message saying the TV was no longer available for store pickup, and that I should select one of the other available options. Those were:

*Pickup at another store - Which sent me back to my local store, indicating the TV was in stock.
    *Shipping - Which said it would not ship to my address.

*Another Item - The EXACT SAME TV, but at FULL PRICE, not the sales price!

I called the store manager to complain about my experience and ask for the smart TV at the sales price. She checked their inventory and explained the online inventory was in error and different from their store inventory. Unless I wanted to purchase the floor display model - I did not - she did not have the TV to sell me. She offered to see if it would come on the expected Friday or Saturday deliveries or to work with me on the price of a different TV. I said that we could see if it would arrive. As an aside, I was upset to learn that a store manager can't adjust the order to get an item in order when a customer has been mistreated. Ridiculous! Of course, the TV did not arrive with the deliveries on either day.

On Saturday, I called Target.com customer service. They were unable to locate the smart TV anywhere within the Target system in order to send it to me. So Target sold me a smart TV, but wouldn't actually allow me to purchase and take ownership of said TV. Thanks, Target! As I explained to both the store manager and the customer service representatives, I can't stand Walmart. However, within 2 minutes on their website - and no hassle whatsoever - I purchased the smart TV that I wanted, and they confirmed they are preparing to ship it to me. I hate that Target's comedy of errors in this situation has made Walmart look good. Sure, Target is sending me a small gift card for my inconvenience...but I can't use it toward the TV they sold to me, but won't actually allow me to have.

Target Stores Company Information