2.22/5
Based on 202 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

2472 Target Stores Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 12, 2018

Recently I had an event... so I got gifts with gift receipts... the gifts which were not age appropriate I went to return it. The store was TARGET on Highway 6 and 529. The price value of the gift was 20.46 on clearance and they gave me 18.26 on the gift card... So Target lovers please never take gift receipts... Just give the actual receipt to whomever you intend to give a gift from Target because these people will cheat with your loved one in case if they have to return or exchange it.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I went to Tulsa Hills store on 7-3-18 to purchase a 4 slice Cuisinart toaster that was on sale for $39.99. They did not have any left in stock and advised that it was a close out item and called the store on Yale to have them hold the last one they had in stock for me. I drove 16 miles out of my way to go pick up the toaster only to be told that they did not honor the prices of the other stores. This was my first visit to Target in 8 years since I had experienced a similar problem with buying a griddle. I think this has pretty well convinced me that I need to NEVER go in another Target store. Communication is apparently non-existent and customer service totally sucks!!!

Target Store Reviews: What To Know | ConsumerAffairs

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 1, 2018

I've placed orders that qualified for free 2-day shipping, but they arrived late. I just don't get it. If they're going to advertise a significant service like this, they need to keep their word. A customer service rep said packages are handed off from UPS to USPS which caused the delay. Well, look, if you guys are trying to save money by doing this, you still need to factor in that extra time so that 2-day delivery is 2-day delivery. You started offering this service so you can compete with Amazon and Walmart, so I would think you'd take this seriously and MAKE IT WORK. Right now you're failing and proving that you can't compete with them. So get your ** together.

Original review: June 30, 2018

Target offered the item at a price they couldn't support and now just keeps saying it is back ordered. It had been over a month and still yet have no idea if they will ever be able to fulfill the order.

Original review: June 30, 2018

Target has expensive shipping and ridiculously slooow delivery. Took Target 6 weeks to ship a sweater. By the time I finally received it, the weather was much too warm to wear it. Obviously their online sales are of low importance to them. You need to spend quite a bit to get free shipping so I use eBay and Amazon instead.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: June 23, 2018

I have ordered both items to be delivered to my home, and also in the past, orders to be delivered to store. In both cases, the process is laughably difficult and incompetently managed. Don't believe the date given to you by the website when you order. They stated my order would arrive "Saturday, June 16th" and tracking showed that it was in my city, but would not be delivered until Monday. When I called UPS, they said that Target had not selected "Saturday delivery" therefore it would be delivered Monday by 8 PM.

When I called Target they said the website clearly stated that 2-day shipping excluded certain zip codes and certain items. My item shipped from a city less than 80 miles away, and the only reason it wasn't delivered is because TARGET did not want to pay for Saturday delivery, not because it was too large or the city too small. The person I spoke with over the phone was difficult to understand, and the one I "chatted" with online was terse and bordered on rude: "I already answered these questions several times." etc. Target's customer service is so substandard it is amazing that they are still in business.

Original review: June 23, 2018

You order an item and they give you no time when they will have it delivered to the store. Then when it gets there they only allow 2 days for pickup. Thereafter they cancel the order. Who does that? Don't they think that customers have a life (like vacation) so that they have to be at Target's beck and call? Shop elsewhere such as Walmart (2 weeks at least) or Amazon (free delivery if you join Prime).

Original review: June 21, 2018

Normally I do not shop at Target, but one of my suppliers gave me a gift card this past Christmas. As a check on Walmart decided not to only use the gift card buy a little more... I decided to use the gift card and additional money to buy wireless earbuds. Perhaps I did not ask the right questions, but I found out that in order to listen to the FM radio on my phone, the earplugs needed to be corded. So, put the earbuds and what I thought was the receipt in the bag and went back to Target to even exchange. I explained this to the "manager" at the customer service desk.

As I went to get the corded earbuds and brought them up front she said it was not the correct receipt... so thinking that I left the receipt out in my car I went out to look and it was not there. I had my debit card on me so I told her if she could look it up since I purchased the earbuds the previous weekend. She said no Target does not have a record of the transaction... funny my America First list a transaction the previous weekend from Target. At this point I was so upset I left the earbuds and vow never to shop at Target. For all of the people of color in the community please realize that if you shop at Target in Utah you will be treated differently.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I came to Target to buy 4 cans of **. I had 4 manufacturer coupons printed from the ** site. I additionally added about 50.00 worth of other I hadn't planned on buying. I followed Target policy and the coupons policy. (Target only allows 4 coupons for the same product and ** only allows the same coupon to be used 4 times in one purchase).

I get to the checkout, the coupon doesn't scan- ** coupons have a history of not scanning. In the past, clerks just over-rided it through. This clerk calls a low level manager over. Out of the kindness of his heart he allowed one coupon to go through. I called customer service from the parking lot. It seemed everything was ok and the customer service agent told me he couldn't do anything for me unless I was in the store. Luckily I was still in the parking lot. 35 minutes later, I still hadn't had anything accomplished but a 5.00 gift card which doesn't help for me purchasing the ** right now. I had to hand my phone over to the low level manager and waste minutes on my phone and time in my life.

After all of this I was told that when a coupon doesn't ring, management doesn't have to take it. I wasted 35 minutes for that. So, now the Cary Target on Walnut St gets a bad consumer affairs review, gets blasted on my Facebook page, I returned 50.00 worth of merchandise, and they lost another 20.00 with the ** sale. I won't shop at this Target again, and as soon as my accumulated gift cards are used up, I won't shop Target again. I have been an avid Target shopper, have their debit card and spend several hundred a month there in groceries and other odd items. My question to Target, was this worth the 4.50 in coupon and the young manager self-satisfaction in saying "no?" You lost a customer and in a tight market where you are not doing as well as you would like, was it worth it?

Original review: June 14, 2018

In December of 2017 I ordered a toaster oven as a gift. Thank goodness I had it shipped to my house and not the gift recipient. There was pizza in the toaster oven! In June I ordered an outdoor patio set. After ordering the set, the site crashed. I wasn't sure if the item had been ordered or not. So as to not have 2 patio sets on my credit card, I contacted the customer service chat. It took me 30 minutes to finally get through to the chat. The representative on the chat told me the item had not been ordered, so we ordered again. The date was June 4th. The item was to be delivered June 19th.

On June 13th, I received an email that the item was delivered. Because we were not home, I asked a relative to go out of his way quite a distance to our house and see if the large boxes were in front of our house or out back. He arrived and there was no package. I opened my target.com account and it says, "Item successfully delivered, June 19th." It's only June 13th and there is no item that is successfully delivered. I cannot get through to the chat because chat representatives are "helping many customers at this time" and I should call a specific number. I have no idea if or where the patio set was delivered or when it's coming. Give it up Target. Stick to brick and mortar. Your online service stinks.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Shop somewhere else. Please don't send me an email stating my order us ready if it is not. 2 hours after received still waiting at store. Bad service. Bad communication. Not even an, "I am sorry." Lost time at work waiting too.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I purchased multiple food and household items from my local Target store recently. I shop there frequently and also order online through them. I had difficulty locating two items in the store and their representatives were able to quickly assist me. The wait to check-out was minimal despite the store being quite busy.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Target is a user friendly retail store with very helpful associates. Pricing, store layout and merchandise variety fits the bill. Glad they have added more Organic and Non GMO food offerings, as this has been an area of my concern. Replenishment seems to have improved overall. But, some hiccups still occur.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Customer services were excellent. However, can't find the kind of clothing my grandson wears. Clothing for myself is a little more than I can afford.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I love Target. They have great store hours even on Sundays. You can come in the store and have breakfast, lunch or dinner at the store. They have great sales and products for everyone. However they need to work on customer services more. I waited one time 15 mins for help on finding a product. Also the check out lines are getting long and the time to check out takes longer. Also their WIFI is slow.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I am disabled and walk with a cane. At the cat litter area I ask 2 different associates to please help me get the box of litter into the cart, both said they were busy and did not send anyone to help me.

Original review: May 29, 2018

In and out quickly. Prices are reasonable and markdowns are great. Can purchase food items also...in one place. Also like the snack bar.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Overall I do enjoy shopping at Target. The employees are friendly and helpful and know their merchandise. I use the Cartwheel to get even more bargains and I try to shop when things are on sale.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Target has great customer service, well made clothing at great prices, and brands my family likes. Clean and organized. Great products always in stock. Ease of travel thru stores, too.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I'd never been to a Target store and never ordered from them before, so a couple of weeks ago, when I thought of Target, I imagined an upscale Walmart. Boy, was I wrong. Ordered an electric travel cooler a week before a planned Memorial Day trip. The estimated delivery day was Wednesday, which was plenty of time. It didn't arrive Wednesday, but I wasn't worried, because even two days late would be fine. On Thursday I received an email stating that it would be delayed by an extra WEEK. They waited 5 days to tell me.

I contacted customer service and they said that it was probably out of stock. I requested that they cancel the order and refund the money they had already charged me for an item they didn't have. Was told they would send me an email confirmation. Didn't get an email Thursday. Didn't get an email Friday. Contacted them again and they claimed my order is still being processed and that they may not be able to cancel it. It's 2018, but Target operates like it's the 1970s. The online Target doesn't know what their stores are doing, what they have in stock, when items will ship, and have to send emails to stores to communicate with them, with no direct control of any part of the process. Online ordering from Target is a utter mess and appears to be a low priority for the company. I won't be ordering again.

Original review: May 24, 2018 It's what you always look for and want in a retail store. The store are always clean and organized. They always seem to have what you are looking for and the

employees are friendly and helpful. Prices are reasonable, too.

Original review: May 23, 2018

My friend and I went into a Target on Panama City last week. She down $1200 (on clothes). She was treated with respect and smile the whole time we were there. Excellent experience!

Original review: May 22, 2018

Target has become a little more competitive to Walmart. I would rather shop at Target for my cleaning and groceries. Although I tend to spend a little bit more on the extra stuff that they have at the entrance of the store “the goody’s.”

Original review: May 21, 2018

I purchased a desk and hutch set. The items delivered were damaged. I returned the desk and after two months a new desk arrived and this desk was damaged as well. Dealing with Target was the worst experience I have had in Customer Service. The desk chair seat made of faux leather, has already started to peel, I have owned it for less than a year. These products and the prices that I paid for them are of poor quality. I have found in all the years that I have shopped at this store, most of the products that I buy, are of poor quality. They do not stand by their customers or their products. I have finally chosen to cancel my Target Red Card and I will not shop at Target again. I refuse to throw away my finances on a store that sells products that are not worth what you pay for them.

Original review: May 21, 2018

The prices at Target are generally competitive and a good value - if they have the product. Over the last year or so, it has become an increasing issue with all Target stores in my area being poorly stocked; this may continue for an item for weeks. Other items I went specifically to Target to purchase, they no longer carry. Too often, merchandise will be put in the wrong area to fill holes of missing product. Employees often are chatting together in the aisles when they are supposed to be stocking product and many cashiers lack training. Interestingly, when I visit Arizona fairly regularly, the stores are well stocked, employees are attentive and helpful, and shopping is a great experience. For me, it is no longer worth the frustration to shop at Target in Orange County.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I quit shopping at Target unless I have to when they began letting men in the women's bathrooms. If I go, it is generally at the end of the month when I'm strapped for cash and need milk or other groceries. Customer service is excellent.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Although the Target store was so crowded that I bumped into other customers several times I was checked out quickly even when I had a question about a price and the checker had to call a manager. Even the price check was handled quickly.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I had to buy a Christmas gift for a family member and being older I had no idea what I was doing. Only had the name of electronic item he wanted (which might as well have been in a foreign language). The staff was incredibly helpful, explaining what the terms all meant, finding the item for me, which was even on sale, and therefore letting me leave with exactly what he said he wanted.

Original review: May 17, 2018

My whole family love Target very much. We always go to White Plains, NY location. Customer service people are so polite and always very professional. Always recommend my friends to go to Target.

Original review: May 17, 2018

The selection was limited and the store layout was confusing, very fragmented. Target has changed so much over the past 5 years and seems to have overthought the store layout. I expected better and more selections, ease of shopping and customer friendly environment. What I found was the opposite.

Target Stores Company Information