2.03/5

2499 Target Stores Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I have ordered pet food and other supplies from Target several times. The last two times, almost every 3 oz can of cat food was wrapped in an individual plastic bag. Since I ordered 92 cans of cat food, I had to unwrap 92 cans! Each can also has sticker on the top. 92 stickers to be removed. Two of the varieties had wrong quantities -- 1 too many of one, and 1 too few of the other.

My order shipped in 5 boxes. One packing slip was SO wrong -- it had duplicate items, wrong items, wrong quantities -- didn't match what was in the box at all.

Very inefficient packaging. The boxes all shipped and arrived the same day. 4 boxes contained canned cat food. Two of the boxes held 1 can each; 1 box has 6 cans and the other box 4 cans. The fifth box held the rest of the cat food. I won't be ordering cat food from Target again. It takes much too long to even check the order in, and I don't want to contribute to more wasted packaging.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I recently ordered the profusion cosmetics contour makeup case along with some other makeup and I was very excited to receive my order. When my order arrived, the blush was placed in a separate fragile bag so it wouldn't be ruined. When I opened the box with all the other stuff, my contour wasn't in a fragile bag and the makeup went all over the place when I opened the container. The mascara I ordered was nowhere to be found and arrived days later even though I marked that I wanted everything in one shipment.

I called customer service and they said they couldn't ship me a new contour case but they could send me an online gift card to place a new order. I collected my gift card and went back onto the Target site to order my contour again and it said my order needed to cost a total of $25 for it to ship. I have no idea why they couldn't have just sent a new contour case with no additional charge. I was very unhappy with this experience and do not recommend ordering things online.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Online items received in poor condition. 1 is Lego kit intended for gift and will have to return to store for refund; it looks like somebody stood on the LEGO box. I cannot give; might have broken pieces. Looks like I bought from discount bin. 2 & 3 basically the same issue with 2 more Lego kits. Seems like sending banged up toys that will not sell at store. 4 is a little more disturbing. I bought 4 boxes of K-cups (18 count). I received 3 proper boxes, and 18 loose K-cups dumped into the shipping carton. This is a food product! Are they clean! Does the shipping carton have residual pesticide, bug poisoning, etc.! What if I had intended as inclusion in gift basket? Where is the original mfg box?!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I ordered two car seats online through Target. An infant car seat and a booster that needed to be replaced because I was in an accident. I received the booster about a week later but it was missing the cupholders. The following day I was supposed to receive the infant car seat and instead I receive a huge bookshelf that I didn't order. I message them and send them pictures online and no one ever replied so I called their number and spoke to a person with a strong accent who told me I'd get my infant car seat the next day (even though tracking said my car seat had already been delivered- although I did receive something from target it was not my car seat which I had ordered.) So I waited the next day and no car seat. I called and again spoke with someone who I had a hard time understanding again and wasn't very helpful.

Their supervisor was busy and the CSR kept giving me the runaround until I told her the UPC # of the item I received on the day that their website said my car seat was delivered. She FINALLY understood what I had been telling her for 20 min. I told her I was done with this and would be returning the wrong item I received and the booster with missing parts to a local store and asking for my refund. Everything so far has been a hassle and waste of time with this purchase. Someone out there received my car seat and I got their shelf. Not sure what happened with the missing parts on booster but so disappointed that both items on the order were completely messed up. Should've ordered through Amazon, would've gotten both items in half the time and without an issue. The CSR emailed me a $10 gift card which isn't anything for all the mistakes Target made on my order. So upset.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I ordered a king size duvet cover. I received a full size. I called to see if they could ship out the size I ordered (king) and I would return the full size to my local store. They advised that I would not get the sale price that my original order was billed at. I asked why and they stated because that promotion was no longer active. I explained that this error was Target’s and they should honor the sale price. I was offered the full price plus a $10 gift card... still more than the sale price. Is this what you call customer service? Target makes the error, and I get stuck with paying more! Unbelievable!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I order one thing online and it was going to my daughter, I put my address down by mistake, I realize about one hour later and went to the site and there was no way to change the address, so I called and that is also a bad experience as you talk to people, speak bad English or hang up, never again, stick with Macy's, JC Penney, or Amazon.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I am extremely surprised of Target's lack of ability to support their customers. After two calls, 30 minutes, and two disconnections, I asked the third representative if they could call me back if we were disconnected. I was told no, and asked to speak to supervisor. After 30 minutes the supervisor answered all my questions. Unfortunately, the information she gave me could’ve been placed in an email and I would not have had to make three calls and waste an hour of my day.

Surprisingly, I spoke to Mary twice. However it wasn’t the same Mary. Are we just making up names? How do I get such good service from my credit card company and car insurance company and Target Is like a fly by night store? Extremely unprofessional! Did I mention they kept a portion of my $15 gift card when they canceled my order? If the order is truly canceled mark that on my order summary instead of having it say shipping soon. The only reason I have stars is because I got the answers to my questions.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I purchased these cute slides in a trendy blush color that seemed to match my summer handbag perfectly. Last month, I put them on to walk outside and right back in. I fell and broke two bones in my lower leg. After a special surgeon tending to my leg and I was back at home, I researched the reviews on the company's website for this particular shoe. Several reviewers, even in the three and four star categories, complained of poor materials and even slipping and tripping. While I'm not sure if any other complaints have been made directly to Target Corporate, I do know I received a letter from their insurer stating the manufacturer is responsible for the lack of traction in the shoes. I have asked the shoes be recalled through the retailer and manufacturer and my concerns were 'noted.' Please consider your safety before purchasing this shoe.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Placed a store pick up order for a lampshade. Checked on it as I never received a pick up notification and was given generic responses via chat and told to wait to be notified. The next day I get a cancelation email because the item was delivered to the store in time. This is their fault. It is their responsibility to get the item to the store on time and should not just cancel it. I had still wanted the item. Customer service was a joke to deal with when I chatted in again the next day to find out why the order was canceled.

I am done with Target. My last few orders all had issues. I even drove to a store far away for an item that was said to be in stock only to have it not be at the store and then canceled when I placed a pick up order at another store while the website says the item is in stock at all these stores. The quality of the products has gone down while prices go up. The designs are tired and West Elm rip offs for not much less money. Customer Service was useless.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I ordered the two day delivery option and discovered I would not get the item in time. I tried to cancel within the hour. Was told it would be canceled which it wasn't. I waited for it to be canceled online so I could pick it up at a store and then called when it wasn't canceled to have them tell me it was too late to cancel. What a joke, I could have drove 6 times and back to the store 20 miles away in the time it took me to deal with these idiots.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I ordered 2 sets of women's Hanes underwear, as Walmart was sold-out, and others like Meijer didn't carry them, or were also sold-out. Waited 10 business days, expecting to see an email update on my prepaid order, but... Nothing. I was about to call Target about it, when lo and behold an email finally appears, stating they had been "holding onto my order for a week, but I didn't pick it up, they had to cancelled it" B.S. I called my local store about it, and the poor Service lady tried to figure what'd happened. Was apologetic and all, but could only tell me my items had been returned to the warehouse. Absolute b.s. Target online can kiss my foot. I will never order from them again, and any wonder I patron my local store period. They plain suck.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I ordered several items on Target.com several weeks ago with a delivery date that was 4 days after the purchase! Great! These items were purchased for my daughter who was leaving for college the following Saturday so the items would be here in time! Sadly, my daughter left for school and we had to go to Walmart to replace these things. I'm still waiting for these items to arrive and when tracking them the last time they were scanned was on the 8th of this month in Texas and I still have no expected delivery date nor can I cancel this dreaded order!!! I will never ever shop in Target nor order from them ever again! Say what you want about Walmart but I get my items on time! I'll stick to Walmart.com and Amazon from here on out! You guys suck big time in every area!!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I have bought this stool 3 times and each time it had something else wrong with it. I finally just took out my welder and fixed one of the brackets myself. I requested a full refund since I am pretty sure a welder is not list on the "tools you'll need to assemble this". Target was unwilling to discount the purchase price. They have lost a customer for life over $100. DO NOT BUY FURNITURE from Target, it's a horrible experience.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I purchased a Lego set that was $64.99 on target.com. When I purchased it, there were 9 units available. Within the hour, all 9 units were sold. The following day, not even 24 hours after I bought the item, the item went down to $39.99. I called customer service for a price adjustment. They were reluctant to give me the price adjustment because they said we cannot "price match" a clearance item. I told them, "This is not a price match. Price match is matching the price from a competitor's website. This is your own website and the item's price went down within 24 hrs!"

After speaking with the manager, Mark, he said he will honor my request as a valuable Target customer and do the price adjustment. We hung up and after 15 mins, I still did not get an email confirming the price adjustment. I called customer service again and it turns out the manager, Mark, that I spoke with did absolutely nothing. No notes of our conversation, NOTHING. So here I go again, explaining my situation AGAIN.

Finally, I was sent an email confirming the new price. That same night, I went into my order account, and it said my item is on "back order". I called customer service again and spoke with another manager, Patrick, and asked how it is possible that there were 9 units available when I purchased it and now my order is back ordered? So the 8 customers who bought it after me are also back order? His response is "Yes, There must have been some sort of human error when the number of units were entered". Hmmm...sounds like BS to me. They screwed me over because I requested the price adjustment. He assured me that the item was just temporarily out of stock and that I should be getting the item.

2 weeks past and still no update so I called Target customer service again. Now, they tell me that once they get the item, they will ship it to the store and they will ship it out to me. Again, it doesn't make sense why they would need to ship it to the store and then ship it to me. 2 days after that phone call, I get an email stating my order was canceled. I called customer service again and spoke with another manager, Lisa, and she said the item was out of stock and couldn't ship it to me. This whole experience with target.com and their customer service has been ridiculous and unprofessional. If that is how they run business and screw customers over, then God help them. From this point on, I will be bringing my business to Walmart.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

The Target store on Bloomfield in Cerritos is the closest store to my home. But their inability to run their store efficiently has been a huge problem. It seems that shortly after the store was remodeled a little over 2 years ago, things went from poor to really bad. A lot of the items I've purchased on a regular basis are frequently out of stock. And more often than not it is out of stock for at least a week to 10 days. The self check out is closed down a lot. And since they've chose to stock during the day when people are shopping it makes it hard to get thru the store. And the employees working the cash registers have obviously never been trained on how to bag properly so the things you spend your hard earned money on aren't damaged.

I've posted complaints on Yelp with pictures. Spoke to the store managers, and went online chat with their corporate customer relations. If they just stuck to the basics of business, buy keeping their shelves stocked, do their stock work at night before customers come in. And have sufficient employees to work the registers and take pride in the job they do. I think Target would be more profitable by having loyal customers. As of 3 months ago I no longer shop at that Target or any other Target. I know I won't be the only one.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Almost a month ago, my wife and I ordered a beautiful rug from Target.com. We waited with anticipation for nearly a month, and the rug never arrived. To try and resolve the situation, we called Target.com and explained the issue and instead of helping, we were placed on hold for over an hour, and then they hung up. We then called the shipper only to find out that Target never delivered the rug to the shipper. We then called Target.com back, and they said there was nothing they could do and just gave us our money back. This was the worst experience my wife and I have ever had ordering online. Customer service was rude and a bit insulting and after spending $300 on a rug that never came we were left never wanting to spend money at Target (Online or in the store) ever again. We should have used Amazon.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I was trying to buy some vitamins that I saw online for $7.99, but when I got to the store they were $10.99. The vitamins online were NOT on sale, they were just $7.99 versus $10.99. I told one of the employees this, after I tracked one down, but that didn't amount to anything. With tax in Chicago being what it is, I would be paying $12.11 instead of $8.17 for the same vitamins! There was no mention of a price comparison so I could save, from the employee. What I did was place an online order for pickup while I was shopping and then fairly quickly I got the vitamins for $7.99 + tax. Something needs to be done about this.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I visited the Target at 4450 Park St N, St. Petersburg, FL 33709 with my family today and was extremely disappointed (and surprised) by our experience. The store visit was going smoothly until we reached checkout. I had been struggling with the Target Cartwheel app and was trying to get the 5% off discount on some school supplies. I asked the cashier if he could double-check that we were getting the discount and he confirmed so we went on with the checkout. On our way out, I looked at the receipt and wasn't finding the discount listed anywhere. I asked the cashier about it (who at that point was helping the next guest) so he motioned for the manager (some lady with long blond hair) to come assist us. She then passed us off to another worker to come answer our question as she seemed to be preoccupied with something else and walked off.

The worker (brown hair, colored treble clef tattoo on his hand) that came over immediately seemed irritated with us for asking for assistance. He rudely lashed out at my mother after she explained my question to him and had a nasty attitude the entire time. I was actually really shocked by how aggressive he was over a simple (and again, respectfully raised) question. Instead of handling the situation with patience and understanding, he decided to head to the register, take one dollar out, hand it to my mother and angrily tell us to "have a good one". I'm not upset about the money: I'm upset about the blatant disrespect that he showed for no apparent reason. I do understand that workers must be stressed and busy, especially since it's back to school time, but I don't think that warrants treating anyone so poorly. I am not sure that we will be shopping at Target again; this experience truly left a bad impression.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I purchased $169.99 vacuum from Target in Grove City, Ohio. Well when I got it home and opened it there was an old nasty vacuum inside the box. I immediately called corporate and they told me to go ahead and take back to the store you got it from. They will take care of it and if they have an issue give them the case number and have them call us. I go to the store and wait for the worker to open the box to check it before I said anything because I wanted them to feel what I felt I guess. Well they returned it and wasn't even going to check it. I told them anyways what had happened so then they opened it and called the manager up for me. I told the manager what had happened she took my info and said I would receive a call tomorrow (Monday). So Wednesday comes and still nothing so I call and talk to Will. He said let him review a few things and he will get right back to me.

Well Friday came and still nothing. I called Will back and he explained that since as he could tell that the sweeper went straight from the truck to the shelf to me so that there was no way it could have been replaced with another sweeper so he couldn't do anything about it unless corporate told him to do so so I called corporate back and tell them that we will do the return if they approve it and what he had said and she said, "Okay please hold. I'll call and tell him to go ahead and do it."

When she gets back on the phone and says, "Well we can't do anything about it. Shark has to take care of it because it's not something that was our fault." So I get Shark's number from her and call and speak to an employee there that employee said that there is no way that sweeper could have got mixed up and put in that box because it wasn't even Shark brand it was a Hoover so they said she can't believe that Target is giving me such a hard time they're usually pretty good with customer service and I said yeah you know they're telling me I cannot return it or exchange it nothing and she was surprised as much as I was.

So this is where I'm at not only am I out the $169.99 but I also had to go purchase another vacuum which was about the same price so I'm out almost $200 for what reason? I could have easily let the return go through and not even and told him what had happened and they would have never knew what was in the box but I was honest and this is where my honesty I got me out $200 and a huge headache trying to deal with all of this how does that work out? So here it is one week later and still nothing resolved.

I really am upset and I shopped at Target since I was younger and I will never go back to that store again and I will tell everyone and my family and friends who shop there how I was treated and hopes that they will stop going as well. They treated me like I was the one that did something wrong like I was dirt on the bottom of their shoe and I just don't know what to do from here. So it's something similar like this ever happens to any of you good luck and don't go to the Grove City Target and buy a vacuum or anything for that matter because God forbid it be the wrong thing you're just out that money, that hard-earned money. Because clearly they don't care about you or your family.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I have been a Target customer for as long as I can remember. After my most recent experience I will not only discontinue shopping there but I will make sure to share my experience with anyone whom it may concern. My order was turned completely around in their system and their version of a solution was a last ditch effort to keep their money. I order multiple suits with expressed shipping to have by my trip and strangely never received a confirmation email. On the last day before my departure I received the package only to find out things were duplicated, some items had two tops and no bottoms, etc. I asked to speak to a manager and while the manager was there and available they would not take my call. Hands down the most disappointing service and has greatly impact my trip, I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN and I highly recommend anyone who needs something by a specific deadline to not use Target as their first option.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Florissant MO Target Experience - This store recently went thru a remodel effort. It appears, however, that since it started, and now that it's been finished (or almost finished) that the checkout experience has become more challenging. The ONE thing the store used to do was attempt to staff and get people quickly thru the lines, including the returns at the service desk.

This changed beginning with the remodel and after, as it appeared they were sending more people out onto the floor, instead of manning checkouts. Lines are longer and move slower--Possibly due to the updated registers. One often has to wait for an associate to appear at the service desk. Often self-checkouts aren't working, and for the few that do (there are only a total of 4, when all are in operation) the people monitoring them aren't paying attention when customers need help-- Realize they are ONLY a few feet away. While one has to admit that the hardest working people in any retailer are often the cashiers, for some reason this store causes time to almost stand still. While not quite as slow at checking out people as K-Mart or possibly Walmart, they are quickly narrowing the gap.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I just returned from the Target on Hwy 92 in Woodstock Ga. The store had many customers shopping throughout, including the grocery areas. Many of these customers, including myself, had perishable items in their carts; milk, ice cream, etc. The number of people waiting in line to check out was inexcusably long. Of 23 registers only three were open!! Because of this there were customers with full carts using the self serve checkouts, and one of those was out of service. Let me say that most folks had some pretty disgusting looks on their faces! Either your manager at this store is improperly trained, or he (she) is an idiot. Three registers open, out of 23!!! I’m guessing that many of these poor folks in line today, including me, will certainly think twice about ever shopping here again. Very poor management!!!

Original review: July 28, 2018

So I get an email stating Target Restock is available in my area. Even Amazon now isn't available so I say why not give it a shot. It promises next day delivery for orders placed by 7pm. I place my order on a Thursday and the delivery tracker now says it won't arrive until Monday. I am beyond pissed. It's not items I urgently need and had I not had recent surgery preventing me from driving I would have gone to the store. It's the principle of falsely advertising next day when it's going to be 4-5 days. I've called customer service but am they say it's "sorry". Totally unacceptable.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I ordered online from Target for the first time. Was told items would be delivered in 2 days. I ordered 15 of the same item. 3 came in 2 days and 12 of them came in in 3 days. When I called and chatted online about the issue all Target did was offer excuses. They did not offer anything by way of customer satisfaction. I order a lot via Amazon and although a lot of people don't like Amazon I never have issues with them working to make sure I am a satisfied customer. If something goes wrong they offer something in the way of customer satisfaction right away. I invested over an hour complaining to Target and got nothing but more frustration. If you experience goes well then I guess you'll be okay but if not I would not count on them making it right.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Extremely disappointed. I went in to look at fire pits and their outdoor section is in the far back corner of the store (Target Asheville South). They had one fire pit left, with no price on it. Naturally I used my Target App, and the fire pit scanned $59.60. We went over to the Lowe’s next door to check fire pits, and there weren’t any we liked, so we went back to Target. When we got back to the back, we found a few chairs that we liked and those had a price tag on them for $50, naturally we scanned the items and those scanned up as $24.50, we scanned the fire pit again, and it again came up to $59.60 again.

So we loaded it all up and brought it to the front to self checkout, when we scanned it all at the register the fire pit came up to $199 and the chairs came up as $50 each. We waited for the Team Member (Taylor) to price match it, and so when she came by we scanned the fire pit and showed her it, and she input the price as $59.60. After she did that she used her mobile device and scanned the chairs and they came up to $50 each, so she rescanned the Fire pit and it then came up to $199 instead. At that point she had to call her Assistant Manager (didn’t see a name tag) over and we explained all that had happened and that we scanned the item in front of Taylor and she saw the price of $59.60.

When the ASM questioned her she stated, “Yes I saw it when he scanned it and it came up as $59.60”. The ASM then questioned Taylor again and that second time she stated “I saw something on there that said $59.60, but didn’t specifically see the fire pit”. We were frustrated that she now had lied to her ASM after being questioned, and her ASM said due to the large difference in price, she would call and ask the Manager (Jake) to come up to see what can be done. The ASM then disappeared and she came back 5/10min later and stated due to there being no “physical proof” they would not be able to honor it.

I again stated the fact that Taylor even had seen it, and input it into the machine, but Taylor did not say another word, and the ASM said sorry and that was it. We are just frustrated at the fact that we scanned it 4 times and one of the times in front of Taylor, yet because Taylor then lied to the ASM nothing was done. I personally have never had a bad experience at any Target I’ve been to, but this has truly put a bad taste in my mouth.

I did right after call Corporate Customer Service, and spoke to Michelle, and she contacted the store and spoke to Jake, who again said he would not offer the price adjustment. Michelle informed me she asked to speak to Taylor to get her side, and Jake (the manager) denied that from happening. Michelle offered me a $50 Target Gift card, and stated she was extremely sorry that this had occurred, and stated that is all she could do, because it was up to the store's discretion and she could not override it. Thank you Michelle for your help in trying to fix things, it was just unfortunate that Jake didn’t trust the customer and put them first.

It is just pretty disappointing that Jake wouldn’t allow Michelle to speak to Taylor, come in person and speak to us at self check out, or just at best fix the situation that had occurred. Each of the self checkout stations have their own camera, that if they checked, could have seen me scanning the item with my phone and showing it to Taylor. At the end of the day, nothing can be done, so it is what it is, it was just a very disappointing experience and we most likely will not return.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I am so disappointed with the product, diapers. I have been purchasing diapers and had no problem. Few months ago I went ahead and purchased 4 boxes of size 3 which I used previously and the quality is so bad, paper thin. My son keeps leaking out and I have been trying to contact target about the quality.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Recently I had an event... so I got gifts with gift receipts... the gifts which were not age appropriate I went to return it. The store was TARGET on Highway 6 and 529. The price value of the gift was 20.46 on clearance and they gave me 18.26 on the gift card... So Target lovers please never take gift receipts... Just give the actual receipt to whomever you intend to give a gift from Target because these people will cheat with your loved one in case if they have to return or exchange it.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I went to Tulsa Hills store on 7-3-18 to purchase a 4 slice Cuisinart toaster that was on sale for $39.99. They did not have any left in stock and advised that it was a close out item and called the store on Yale to have them hold the last one they had in stock for me. I drove 16 miles out of my way to go pick up the toaster only to be told that they did not honor the prices of the other stores. This was my first visit to Target in 8 years since I had experienced a similar problem with buying a griddle. I think this has pretty well convinced me that I need to NEVER go in another Target store. Communication is apparently non-existent and customer service totally sucks!!!

Original review: July 1, 2018

I've placed orders that qualified for free 2-day shipping, but they arrived late. I just don't get it. If they're going to advertise a significant service like this, they need to keep their word. A customer service rep said packages are handed off from UPS to USPS which caused the delay. Well, look, if you guys are trying to save money by doing this, you still need to factor in that extra time so that 2-day delivery is 2-day delivery. You started offering this service so you can compete with Amazon and Walmart, so I would think you'd take this seriously and MAKE IT WORK. Right now you're failing and proving that you can't compete with them. So get your ** together.

Original review: June 30, 2018

Target offered the item at a price they couldn't support and now just keeps saying it is back ordered. It had been over a month and still yet have no idea if they will ever be able to fulfill the order.

Target Stores Company Information