Target Stores
4.06/5
    1980
Based on 5,093 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Target Stores

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Target Stores Reviews

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I ordered a clothing item from Target.com. Typically, once I place a Target.com order, I receive it in 2-3 days, tops. Well, 10 days had passed since I ordered the item, and it still had not shipped out. I contacted the customer service department, and the associate who assisted me told me I could receive either a complete refund, or a product replacement, with free express shipping. I chose the latter option. I was refunded for the first order I had placed, for the item that had yet to ship out, and received the replacement item within two days, completely free of charge. So, essentially, I received a free dress from Target! The associate who assisted me was very polite and helpful. Absolutely outstanding customer service department. I will recommend Target to family and friends in the future because of this great experience. Five stars!

Original review: April 24, 2019

I had such a good experience at Target today that I have to share! Yesterday some of my important items were left at the cashier station and I had to drive back into town today to retrieve them. Originally I thought it was just the organic milk I bought for Ariana but realized later, the cheap bottle of wine I bought for cooking soup from scratch today was also left there. So, first thing this morning I drove the 30 minute drive to get my organic milk and my white wine. I had called ahead of time to explain my situation. When I arrived to Target the manager said to ask for him. I asked for ** and he gave me a THIRTY dollar gift cart separately for my troubles. Gave me the milk and wine that had been left there for free (since I had already purchased them). A handwritten apology note. AND bought my girls a cake pop and me a coffee from Starbucks on HIS dime.

I was absolutely blown away by his customer service. ** and his team went ABOVE and BEYOND to make me a happy customer. This may be the best customer service I have ever had and numerous employees in this store had the same great customer service on both days I was there. I couldn’t be happier with Target! Thanks ** and **!! And thanks Target for making my day! 8917 Tehama Ridge Pkwy Fort Worth, TX 76177 #target #greatcustomerservice #aboveandbeyond #fortworthtexas

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I love their end cap deals and the ease of finding items I'm looking for. I do not like their gift card deals where you buy so many and get $5 gift card because they are often confusing and not clearly marked in the aisles. I have often got to checkout only to find the sign was under the wrong product. Other than that I am pleased with my Target store. I can expect fast checkout and they are willing to open more registers if there is a bottleneck of any kind. This is so much appreciated when I run in to pick up a few things and don't have a lot of time to waste.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I ordered a Fisher Price Jeep on 12/9/18. I got an email that told me who would be shipping my package. After I read all the negative reviews about EFW, I was little nervous. My experience wasn't really that bad. Target said my package would be delivered between 12/20-12/24. When I checked back after I got an email that said it was on its way, my date had changed to 12/21-12/26. I was a little upset because this was supposed to be a Christmas present for my 3 year old. But I didn't worry too much about it.

I finally got an email from EFW on 12/17/18 at 3:30 pm that my package was set to be delivered on that same day before 6 pm. My package did not come that day. The package did not come the following day either. On the night of 12/18, I emailed EFW asking when would my package be shipped. They said it would be there by 12/19. Well to my surprise, it did arrived on that day. The package was not damaged. I don't know where the package was left because someone else in the household put it in the house. My experience wasn't as bad as a lot of the other reviews. They did waste my time for two days but, it arrived before Christmas so I was okay with it.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Target is a store that has its customer in the forefront of the business. They understand the concept of getting the customer what they want without the old standby lie other stores use. "If it's not on the shelf we don't have it". We've all been party to that conversation. At Target if something is not on the shelf then an associate is eager to check reserve stock or other local stores to assist a customer in fulfilling their request. Whenever I ask an associate for information at Target they are willing to take me directly to the location where the item should be. The customer service is exceptional. The store is always neat and orderly. The restrooms are well maintained and clean. Very important issue with me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Buy 1 get 1 free till next day wasn’t honored. I called customer service and they said it was an error on their part and they just took it away and they said they couldn’t honor it and they are allowed to do that. That is terrible customer service. I will contact better business bureau.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I could've order the Ninja 1200 professional blender system at Walmart, Costco, Kohl's for similar price but Target offered a coupon. After daily emails for a week saying shipping delayed got one today saying item cancelled "because of a problem with my address". I've been getting items from target.com all week (that weren't Black Friday deals). They are really out of stock and can't fulfill item!! What a scam!!! Don't order Black Friday items online if you want to actually get them!!!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Placed an online order today at Target.com for a tv, which came with an extra 15% off for Cyber Monday. Target website said it was available and I could order it and then go pick it up at my convenience. After I placed the order I got an email a few minutes later saying the order was no longer available because they went to get it and there were no tvs there anymore. I go back to the website, and the website now shows the item is still available but can't be ordered anymore. I'd have to go to the store to pick it up. Store closes at 9pm, I work till after 10pm. I'd have to go the next day. Oh and the 15% discount is no longer available either now. I have to officially cancel the original order or they'll cancel it up to 5 days later. I cancel it myself now.

I use the Target Chat line to find out what is going on. I'm told the item is still available in the store and they'll honor the 15%. Again the store closes before I get off work, I'd have to go the next day. The agent I'm talking calls the store to see if they'll hold it for me. The agent checks and then tells me the item is no longer in stock and I'm out of luck. Paraphrasing the last part of course. What is usually a pretty simple transaction became nonexistent because of a website mistake and I suspect human error on their part. Not sure I'll deal with Target's website anymore after this.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I called to reverse a Returned Check Fee, which they refused to entertain. There was enough funds in my ACH bank, which never has had a problem, so it must have been some system glitch. But Target wouldn't understand this. So Goodbye, RED Card.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I placed an item in my cart for 119.00 on the evening of 11/17 and the next morning was going to complete the transaction, only to find the item was removed from my cart and the price went up 40.00 to 159.00. I contacted Target and was told the sale ended. There was nothing on the item saying when the sale was to end and they would not honor the sale price. I told them it was like removing an item from my cart, marking the price up, and putting it back on the shelf. They would not budge and would not offer the original price. At least with Amazon, you will get a notification and information on when the sale ends.

Target Stores Company Information