Target Stores

Target Stores

4.1/5 (2618 ratings)

About Target Stores

Target is a big-box store that stocks general merchandise. It allows customers to find pretty much everything they need in one store, saving them time and effort. At Target, customers can find everything from groceries and household essentials to home decor and office supplies. The company provides free two-day shipping on online orders, but customers can pay extra for same-day delivery.

Pros

• Discount with Target RedCard
  • One-stop shopping
  • Customer-friendly layout

Cons

• Stores smaller than some competitors
  • Fewer stores than similar chains

Bottom Line

Target is a general merchandise store. Customers can find most everything they need, and there’s a variety of brands to meet many budgets. There are locations in all 50 states.

Top Target Stores Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Verified

Target provides great value for a wide variety of products. … The seasonal products are often unique and of very good quality. Pet products are priced below Pet Smart & PetCo. Fin...

Verified

When I need something quick or just to browse and shop ideas are endless at Target… The housing bay of clean shopping carts, clean bathrooms at the front entry and HR resources in...

What is Target?

Target is a big-box retailer known for its affordability and wide selection of products. The store boasts everyday low prices, but it also offers weekly deals, clearance prices and other in-store markdowns. Customers who hold a RedCard credit or debit card can save an extra 5% on their purchases. RedCard holders also get exclusive offers and deals to save even more.

Target makes customer experience a top priority. Stores have spacious and uncluttered aisles for both customer comfort and ease of access. Employees frequently perform zone sweeps to ensure shelving is neat and properly stocked.

What does Target do?

Target offers customers a variety of mid- to high-quality products at affordable prices. Customers can find many reliable brands at Target, including Dyson, KitchenAid, Apple and many more trusted names. The company also has its own brands in nearly every category. These brands include Market Pantry, Archer Farms, Threshold, Boots & Barkley, Up & Up and Xhilaration.

With such a variety of brands, Target provides customers with options to fit almost any budget for nearly any purchase. Whether you’re decorating a dorm room, investing in long-term needs for your home, refreshing your wardrobe, prepping for a party or looking to fill your pantry, you can find most everything you need with one trip to Target.

Target prices

The amount of money you spend at Target will greatly depend on the type of purchase you’re making. The grab-and-go area of Bullseye’s Playground at store entrances presents you with neat finds for just a couple of dollars. You can find clothing staples for as little as $5, or build a full outfit for less than $100.

Target carries several brands, so there is something for every budget. For example, if Threshold home decor is out of your price range, Room Essentials might be a better fit. You can find various brands for everything from coffee makers to cookware, vacuums to televisions and more.

Target also regularly offers great deals on their flyer items, and customers can often find in-store markdowns. Regular Target shoppers may want to consider a RedCard to save an extra 5%.

Target FAQ

What kind of a store is Target?
Target is a general merchandise retailer. It’s a superstore that carries a variety of brands, product lines and product types.
How many stores does Target have?
According to the corporate website, Target has 1,880 stores in the U.S. It has stores in all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
Can you order from Target online?
Target does have online ordering. Along with standard shipping, customers can choose same-day delivery, in-store pickup or curbside pickup.
Does Target have stores in other countries?
Target has several offices globally but no other stores. Target attempted an expansion to Canada in 2013, but the attempt was ultimately unsuccessful; all stores were closed by April 2015.

Is Target a good company?

Target is an excellent company to shop with. It prioritizes customer experience, so it’s easy to feel like you’re not in a big-box store while still saving money. Target is a popular choice for almost any shopping need, and you see that popularity across social media. Target carries both popular brand names and its own brands, which means they have products at multiple price points. There are also ways to save, such as the Target RedCard. Overall, Target provides an enjoyable and affordable shopping experience.

Target Stores Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target Stores?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: June 18, 2021

I've been looking for new and trendy apparels for my casual wear home fashion. I never look out for the Target after reading the customer reviews. But believe me after I shopped from Target and bought my PJs and t shirts, honestly those reviews now seem to be fake. I was bombed with a huge collection of apparels to choose from. All the fresh arrivals have a mix of decent, trending, coolio choices. I must say Target is doing a great job along with offering discount codes to online coupon sites. I also found $20 Target coupon from **. They have valid and working codes. I am absolutely satisfied with the Target collection of apparels along with working discount codes.

Original review: May 16, 2021

I was shopping at Target and the store was organized and had a good experience, fair prices on certain items, sale racks do not show final price on tag. Needs to pay attention to the shopping carts, I noticed several broken ones, the one we had was dirty and it had a sharp edge that could cause a injury to a child and the seat part where my daughter sat was broken. Gave to the man receiving the carts and made him aware and he pushed it with the other carts for someone else to use. The lady at the register was really nice and polite.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2021

The logo is catching along with the red and white. Commercials are short and cute. The stores are always. Lean and neat. They are well lit and merchandise is not crowded together. Products are almost always marked with price and departments are clearly noted. The food area is again, clean and lit well. Food arranged neatly. Target stores stock well and you do not feel put out with stock people and they are not in your way. My only negative is if not price machine, it is then hard to find help on the floor.

Original review: May 5, 2021

My visit is always amazing when I go into Target. There’s a older lady name Ann who greets me with a smile each time I see her. Her presence is overwhelming and pleasant. She can direct you to whatever it is that you need to wherever you need to go. It’s just seeing her smile captivates me every time. Besides customer service is awesome, the cashiers serve you with a smile and whatever you’re looking for you can find it. If you can’t find it the store associates will make sure to see if they have anything in stock. Just the atmosphere itself and going into target is different from going to see any other place. As a avid shopper at target I will continue to do my shopping and will continue to recommend it. The best store ever!!! Target is our family meet up store!!

Original review: May 4, 2021

Most of the Targets I visit are very well maintained (clean, organized, well-staffed.) It's very easy to find things throughout the store, I feel like the selection is very broad and varied, and I enjoy shopping at Target. The in-house up & up brand is often very competitively priced and I've never had any issues buying generic. A lot of the clothes are cute, too, and I always find myself discovering a new cleaning or cooking product that becomes indispensable. My only hesitation is that I am aware that Target shows their employees a lot of anti-union content to discourage the retail employees from unionizing and I don't really like that and I have discomfort about spending money with an union-busting retailer.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Target refused to explain why my gift card not working. I already went to Target store to retrieve video clip showing that I checked balance before shopping, I had $100 balance in my card at AM10:17. But at AM10:35, this card cannot be used when I check out. Even Target store manager/security can provide such proof, I still cannot get the balance back and Target cannot explain where the gift card balance went.

I went to Target store (Mountain View, California) and talked to store manager Amy. Security member Armamdo then reviewed the store video camera at that day.

They confirmed: 1. On 12/30/2021 AM10:17, Target register did confirm I have $100 on my gift card (see picture #1 attached). This picture was captured from the video when I checked balance at register. 2. On 12/30/2021 AM10:35, when I done shopping, I tried to use this gift card but it didn't work. (see picture #2 attached) Amy and Armamdo asked me to contact guest service first then they will provide proof for above facts (video and computer transactions etc). Can you review my case and investigate what happened to this gift card? Where did the balance go?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I decided to try shopping Target online because I couldn't find the Akedo mystery pack anywhere else. The reason for buying these are to find rare action figures. You don't know which character you are getting until you open the package. One of the characters are very rare and worth a lot of money. I ordered 10 packages the first time and over half had been opened. I was very disappointed but decided to give them another opportunity. The next time I ordered 20 Akedo mystery packs and when I received them every one of them had been pre opened. They had to have been shipped that way from Target because they were in sealed Target boxes. I probably shouldn't have ordered a second time. That was my mistake. There will not be a third.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

TARGET lost the card and trying to get a replacement has been a nightmare. I have been disconnected (hung up on) 17 times. You cannot understand what they are saying because of broken English. I am still waiting for the replacement card that I ordered back in November. Very rude and hard to understand. My poor granddaughter still has not received her Christmas gift. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ONLINE FROM TARGET. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

Complaint against Target today 12/27/2021. I’m very disappointed for action from the Team Associate to resolve an issue related to don’t let me buy a little Lego bag toy for my 7 years old son. This store isn’t oriented for the customer service. SuperTarget located at 10150 Bloomingdale Avenue. Riverview, FL. 33578. USA

Tonight at 7:10PM at Super Target my wife and I were I were shopping groceries, frozen items, and a little toy for our little kid. In fact, we are loyal customers with Target since we are living at Florida (21 years). Today when I was at the toy department I found on the shelves a lot of lego toys and I took a small lego bag (less of $5) “Racing Car” for my son. Daniel told me, "Dad I love it." Then, when we approached to the self service registers around 7:10PM we marked the groceries, frozen items, and the toy.., surprise that the label code for the Lego bag doesn’t work and we call the Team associate (bilingual girl) who was in charge at the self service registers. Then, she approached to the register and told me “I’m sorry but this item I don’t know where you got it but not suppose to be at the shelves until January 1st, 2022... you can’t have it....! It’s not for sale," she said.

I was in shock and I told her and explained that this Lego toys are on boxes on the shelves a lot of them and the price is around $4.96 or $4.97 and it’s a gift for my little kid that he’s waiting for. Also, I request to her for a manager on duty, and she took the Lego bag from the register... say sorry again and put it into the basket for the return car... Whatsoever, I felt lost and disappointed because the toy are on shelves for sale and this girl didn’t call the manager, I didn’t have the chance to talk with the manager because she doesn’t care, and also I couldn’t bring the toy for my kid .., I told her three times I will make a complaint about this unfair treatment and she say sorry and back to talk with another team mate. Honestly so can’t believe it.. we felt ignored 100%.

Then, when I arrived at home I explained to my kid about the Lego and he was very sad. Anyway, I don’t know if the Target Management support this kind of customer service treatment, but I believe that the customer is the 1st priority and ignore a customer is not really good. It’s totally away from the vision and mission of the The Corporation. In fact, I will find that toy and buy it for another retailer. I didn’t request anything for free. I request for let me pay the toy and at least to speak with the manager to solve this issue.., but it didn’t happen ... guys please learn from this issue and reinforce your customer service policies.

Trying again to buy the toy for my kid... Today 12/28/2021. I tried again to buy two (2) lego bags for my kids and definitely the store management for this Target don’t care the customers. I called ** the manager on duty and I explained the situation...and she denied the sale with a smile and telling me that the all bags and the items were placed by mistake. Honestly I don’t care about this... you put the items on shelves and you have to sell them and that’s it $4.99 per item. She must honor the sale as I told her but she didn’t care and said “NO” until 01/01/2022. It’s happened today at 4:05PM. This management is pathetic and non oriented to the customer service. For my side I won’t recommend Target anymore. (I have photos of the items on the end so shelves as proof.)

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I've never had such an excellent shopping experience from a store before. Order processing is fast. Shipping is fast. Products are always in stock & quality is high. My $ is well worth spent here. Thank you Target!

Target Stores Company Information