4.03/5
Based on 3,762 ratings submitted in the last year

2730 Target Stores Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 17, 2019

Target is the best place to shop for anything you may need. Their employees are so insightful and helpful, anytime I have a question they never hesitate to help and it's always done with a smile. Also, Target stores are usually always clean and their products are put in their place and not scattered around the floor. I love shopping at a place that is well organized, because it makes it easier for me to walk around and find what I need, especially if I'm in a rush. I will drive out of my way to shop at Target rather than stopping at a closer retail store because I enjoy the experience every time!

Original review: April 24, 2019

I had such a good experience at Target today that I have to share! Yesterday some of my important items were left at the cashier station and I had to drive back into town today to retrieve them. Originally I thought it was just the organic milk I bought for Ariana but realized later, the cheap bottle of wine I bought for cooking soup from scratch today was also left there. So, first thing this morning I drove the 30 minute drive to get my organic milk and my white wine. I had called ahead of time to explain my situation. When I arrived to Target the manager said to ask for him. I asked for ** and he gave me a THIRTY dollar gift cart separately for my troubles. Gave me the milk and wine that had been left there for free (since I had already purchased them). A handwritten apology note. AND bought my girls a cake pop and me a coffee from Starbucks on HIS dime.

I was absolutely blown away by his customer service. ** and his team went ABOVE and BEYOND to make me a happy customer. This may be the best customer service I have ever had and numerous employees in this store had the same great customer service on both days I was there. I couldn’t be happier with Target! Thanks ** and **!! And thanks Target for making my day! 8917 Tehama Ridge Pkwy Fort Worth, TX 76177 #target #greatcustomerservice #aboveandbeyond #fortworthtexas

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I love their end cap deals and the ease of finding items I'm looking for. I do not like their gift card deals where you buy so many and get $5 gift card because they are often confusing and not clearly marked in the aisles. I have often got to checkout only to find the sign was under the wrong product. Other than that I am pleased with my Target store. I can expect fast checkout and they are willing to open more registers if there is a bottleneck of any kind. This is so much appreciated when I run in to pick up a few things and don't have a lot of time to waste.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I ordered a Fisher Price Jeep on 12/9/18. I got an email that told me who would be shipping my package. After I read all the negative reviews about EFW, I was little nervous. My experience wasn't really that bad. Target said my package would be delivered between 12/20-12/24. When I checked back after I got an email that said it was on its way, my date had changed to 12/21-12/26. I was a little upset because this was supposed to be a Christmas present for my 3 year old. But I didn't worry too much about it.

I finally got an email from EFW on 12/17/18 at 3:30 pm that my package was set to be delivered on that same day before 6 pm. My package did not come that day. The package did not come the following day either. On the night of 12/18, I emailed EFW asking when would my package be shipped. They said it would be there by 12/19. Well to my surprise, it did arrived on that day. The package was not damaged. I don't know where the package was left because someone else in the household put it in the house. My experience wasn't as bad as a lot of the other reviews. They did waste my time for two days but, it arrived before Christmas so I was okay with it.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Target is a store that has its customer in the forefront of the business. They understand the concept of getting the customer what they want without the old standby lie other stores use. "If it's not on the shelf we don't have it". We've all been party to that conversation. At Target if something is not on the shelf then an associate is eager to check reserve stock or other local stores to assist a customer in fulfilling their request. Whenever I ask an associate for information at Target they are willing to take me directly to the location where the item should be. The customer service is exceptional. The store is always neat and orderly. The restrooms are well maintained and clean. Very important issue with me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

In April I bought a Baxton Studio upholster bed frame which it came with bed bugs. Ever since, I try contacting them by their website also on Instagram and they kept erasing my comments and reviews. Also I contacted them via direct message and they never reply back. I dont want my money back or anything. I was just letting them know that they have a bed bugs problem with their product so that they can do something about it because it's not fair to spend almost $300 on something that you have to throw away because of something that they can take care of.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I told my 3 year old daughter that she could pick out a toy as a reward today. All she wanted out of the whole store was a Disney toy with the T.O.T. 's characters. When we went to check out the toy would not scan so I let the associate know that there were several on the shelf with the price listed on the shelf below the toy thinking that they just needed to verify the barcode and price. The associate in toys verified that they had several and the price but when it still would not scan a manager said that the toy was not released yet and could not be sold for 3 more days and that there was nothing they could do.

We had to take the toy out of my child's hand with her crying and give it back. Thank you Target for making a 3 year old cry as you took her toy away from her. It was supposed to be a fun experience for her that she could have a toy for a reward and instead she left with tears in her eyes not fully understanding why she couldn't get what she picked out and had proudly toted all over the store looking at while she shopped waiting for us to get to check out. You need to be more careful about putting out products that are not ready for sale.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Warning - Never try to return an item without a receipt. You’re offered less than a fourth of the value of the item. You are not given the option of a store gift card, heaven forbid! I tried to return a birthday gift which was unopened and within 30 days. The given had paid $90 for the item, along with $10 for a required accessory item. I was told that I would only receive $26 back. This was after checking the item and being told that it was a gift. When asked why, I was told that it was to protect the manufacturing company. In other words, forget about stealing from the customer! I was appalled and will not be purchasing anything from Target unless it’s an immediate consumable. This is a horrible return policy! I had to ask the giver for the receipt & luckily it was found. Money could not be returned to the credit card, because I did not have it! How utterly absurd is that? Done and warning others of their ridiculous return policy! Walmart has my money from now on!

Original review: July 19, 2019

I ordered an air conditioner from target.com. 30 mins before it should arrive, I get a text saying the woman is pregnant and needs to find someone to put it in her car. I ordered because I have a herniated disk. I asked who will bring it to my door. She then texted back saying it was out of stock. I canceled it. I still have not received my refund of 199.90. The same day, I ordered a futon bed. Which was bait and switch. It did not have what it showed. Ask me if I will ever get what I asked for? No! Unless I pay more! So now Target has $186.58 more of mine. Customer service hung up on me 4 times!! Not acceptable. I spoke to 7 people! On the phone for about 2 hours!

Original review: July 10, 2019

Threat a couple months back about not using my Target card enough and they were going to close it. Not enough I spend several hundred dollars in CASH each month. One rating dipped two points. The other went up eighteen points so not bothered there. Will say this though since I am such a valued customer. I WILL NEVER SHOP TARGET AGAIN!!

Target Stores Company Information