Target Stores

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have shopped at Target for years but after my experience today they will never get a penny from me. I was approached by your undercover security accusing me of stealing a $10.00 USB cable. Seriously, accusing me while I was shopping and had other items in my cart. Asked me what I did with one item I had in my cart and I then decided to take it out. After this incident I left my cart right there and left the store. I then called the 1800 number and what a waste of time. They did apologize but when I asked what their protocol was for a situation like that. THEY DON'T HAVE ONE. How does a company as big as Target not have a protocol for approaching guests regarding theft. I will never shop there again.

Not up to date about target stores, they don't assist with sales. I had everything set up, I was told going to Target would be wise to finish the sale. I live in Delaware, drove to Salisbury MD... to be told no way that only the Easton store could help!!! You lost a customer!!!

My wedding is March 12, 2017. I placed an order for little girls dress shoes for my daughter to wear with her flower girl dress on Feb 23, 2017. I ordered a size 2 and 3 because I wasn't sure about what size would fit her best. I received my order on March 1, 2017, but instead of getting what I ordered I received a size 3 and 4. Both shoes were way too big for my daughter. If I had received the correct order (size 2) then it would have fit her perfectly.

I called Target.com and spoke to their employee. I explained the situation, and instead of him apologizing for their mistake he said "So you were not able to receive the correct size?" I told him "yes, yes I was able to receive my correct order, but you all failed to send the correct order." He then placed a new order for the correct size, then proceeded to tell me "as a one time courtesy, I'll waive the shipping cost." Seriously? A one time courtesy? For your mess up? I didn't complain, I just said thank you because I just wanted to get the correct size in time for my wedding.

The replacement pair was sent on March 2nd, and I received it March 6th. 6 days before my wedding. I was soooo happy they got here in time, but that happiness quickly faded. I opened the box, and instead of getting the correct size 2 I needed for my daughter, I got a size 3!!! THE WRONG SIZE AGAIN!!! Now I'm 5 days out from my wedding, and there's just not enough time to get another pair shipped to me. Even if there was, I'm not confident that Target would even get it right this time. I'll never order anything from Target again.

Misleading online promotional Gift Card policy - Your online gift card policy is absurd. In no way do you actually save money/earn the promotional award. Scenario: you make a purchase that results in a $5 promotional gift card; the amount due is reduce by $5; your bank account is charged the amount due + an additional $5 for the promotional gift card?! Result: you save $0. I will NEVER again purchase from you. Walmart officially has my business.

I placed an order through Target.com and requested store pick up. We later received an email stating that some items weren't available in the store, and so we opted to have those items shipped to us. We then picked up our items from the store, but two additional items were missing. The store claimed to have no record of the items, even after we showed them our order summary. We then received an email stating that our card had been charged $100.05 since we picked the items up. Our order summary total was $92.26. So we were overcharged and missing 5 items. I went online and chatted with customer service who reports that they couldn't do anything because their system wouldn't update for 24 hours, and requested that we try again tomorrow or call their 800 number because they should be able to issue a refund. I called their 1-800 number and that was even worse.

There was no supervisor available, and they couldn't do anything until they called the store and claimed that there was no electronic record of any of this. I requested an itemized receipt for why my card was charged 100.05 and was told that only a manager could issue a receipt and that one wouldn't not be available until I called back the next day. When I requested that the items that were not included in my order pick up be shipped to me, they reported they would not be able to do that because I had selected pick up. They then offered to place another order for me for store pick up, where I would pay for the items again, and then have to go back to the store and try and pick them up again. As they left it, there was nothing they could do, unless I called back the next day after their system had time to update and a manager was available. I feel like I have wasted a ton of time to to be overcharged and not even receive the items that we ordered.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

I bought a 4k tv. Upon my purchase there were problems getting service. When it finally arrived, a manager had to assist in using a code for the register to ring up my item. The next day I opened the box to find a totally smashed tv, I mean smashed screen with a whole in it, the box was perfectly fine. The store had sold me a tv someone had broken and they sold it to me. Mind you they had 7 other tv's in the back. The excuses they gave me were insane. The inconvenience I went through was priceless. This was at the Troy Michigan location. I advise everyone to check every package and never trust a thing management says.

I received a returns voucher for good returned and when I attempted to redeem the voucher I was told if I didn't purchase items to the total of the voucher I would lose my money. The voucher was for $44.00, the goods I was purchasing were $35.00. I was happy to receive another voucher for the balance of $9.00 and was told this wasn't possible, the register did not have capacity to do this.

I asked for a complaint form and was told I would need to go online, the staff member advised they did not have contact details (online or by phone) to give me. The whole experience was disappointing and frustrating. I now have to purchase items I don't need or want to redeem the money I have spent at this business. The Target store was in Hervey Bay, Qld.

I ordered a large area rug for my apartment in November 2015. I never received the rug even though it said delivered. I contacted Target. They sent a replacement that I also never received. After that they would not comply, issue a refund, or resolve the issue. They stole my $300 from me. I never received anything for the money I paid. I contacted UPS. Target and the manufacturer of the rug took so long to respond that the claim was no longer valid. I have called all three parties so many times I cannot even count. It was extremely difficult with Target to talk to someone who even could understand the situation and after over a year I have gotten nowhere. All Target did was block my account from being able to make online purchases.

I have a friend that is being let go just like that. Her team with no real explanation is being let go even after working there a year as well as going right back to work after her father passed away because it was busy time of year with upcoming holidays. I WILL NOT shop there again and will make sure everyone I know knows what Target did to her.

Is Target trying to scam their customers? I have read multiple reviews about Target customer service and charges to their account and apparently, I am not an isolated case. In fact, there are more than 285 complaints on the website, it will take me a couple of days to read them. However, this is my story: On Monday, a loan officer pulled my account and informed me of my credit score. I was confident that I have an excellent score. However, this loan officer warned me not to get upset. He said that I owe Target Store. He said, I did not pay my bill since December and the store decided to report it to the Credit Bureau. What?! I don't remember having received a bill in the mail. So I opened my online account and there it was. The account was past due. Actual purchase was $31.85. So, I called them the following day and I was transferred to the dispute department.

I told them calmly that I didn't get a bill for December and none in January. The lady insisted that they sent them and they didn't have a returned mail to say that I did not receive it. I told her that she can check my account history and she will see that I have paid all my purchases on time and in full. She then said that she can't do anything about it and she can't remove any late fees. My total amount has gone up to 82.00 on that day. So to avoid any more arguments as I know that there's no point arguing with her, I asked who I can send my complaint. The lady would not give me the address nor a name to send it to. With me further insisting that I am paying the amount but I also have the right to voice my complaint, she looked up the address of her office. How would she not know where her office which is the dispute department located? Still she insisted that nothing can be done.

She even warned me that if I don't pay it on the 10th of Feb. it will further incur late fees. And you know what, on Thursday, Feb. 9th, I received the statement and my late fee has further increased. So I owe them $97.09. Target, this is a rip off!!! And for the amount of $31.85, sending it to the Credit Bureau when you did not send me my statement is outrageous! You ruined my score and it might and it has affected my ability to purchase at a better rate. Heck, I have been one of your best customers! I will never ever use my Red Card again. I will shred it and will tell everyone I know not to apply for a Red Card. In fact, I will not be shopping at your store again. Remember, you reap what you sow! I can understand your store is struggling but your poor customer service and dishonest business policy has brought you to where you are now. I won't be surprise if you fold up soon.

I am very frustrated that Target cancelled my pre-order of the Nintendo Switch. First, I called Target customer service to ask why they were not charging my credit card for the purchase, but were only putting a pre-authorization on my card. They said the pre-authorization was normal until time of shipping. Then, two hours later, they sent me an e-mail to say they cancelled my order "due to insufficient funds." But, they had just told me the pre-authorization was fine! When I called within a minute of receiving the e-mail about the cancellation, Target said that they couldn't reach my credit card after my call earlier that day. Then I got the credit card company online to talk with Target and suddenly Target said it didn't matter that my credit card company was happy to take the charge, just Target didn't have any more Switches to sell with pre-orders.

Really uncool to take more preorders than they have inventory to sell! Everyone else is also sold out, so I'm left with no Nintendo Switch, thanks to Target's careless approach to customer service. The honorable approach would have been to ask me to call about any questions they had about my order, rather than cancel it without giving me any chance to give them a different credit card, get the credit card company on the phone, etc.

I bought an iPad in Target since they have $150 off. I went home and opened it, there was two packets of powder instead of iPad. Also the plastic package was thick as compared to other one. I am never going to shop in Target even they have something for free.

I placed an order online, paid for 2-day delivery... Tracking # Target provided was "invalid", never received the order, called them, apologies over and over. I say "REFUND my money to my credit card that I charged it to through PayPal and I am done!" They tell me they don't "refund" to credit card used, they can only issue a "gift card" from Target! Are you kidding me? They keep my money, dictate I am going to shop Target!!! I've reported to PayPal and we are now going after Target!

This store cannot NOT credit back to card you used at online and make you spend that money in their disgusting store!!! Take a stand to not be pushed around by these big stores! Stand your ground! I will never ever support or shop Target. Btw, a few years ago, I hadn't used my Red card for a year and they lowered my credit line, mind you always paid in FULL but by them lowering my line of credit it also lowered my credit score! This store is a thorn in anyone's side. You either spend there or they try to ruin your credit (which it didn't work) but then they want to guarantee you spend your money there by refunding a "gift card"!!!

Identify theft on gift cards. Don't hold on gift cards or return merchandise cards too long. Without you knowing someone can report them stolen/lost and take the balance from you. Target will not do anything once the balance is spent.

Basically I thought I had left my wallet at Target and tried to call them versus investing 45 minutes driving there and back. Their automated phone system is terrible... no matter what selection you make it transfers you then hangs up on you. I tried every possible prompt. I then was able to get through by selecting pharmacy and renew prescription, but I was informed by the CVS employee that they rent that space and they couldn't transfer me or help me. I explained my situation. She put me on hold for 10 minutes and then hung up on me. I called back. She reminded me that she worked for CVS, and I asked her nicely to give my contact information to the store manager. She wrote it down. I waited 1 hour and no one ever called. At this point I am so overwhelmed and frustrated and running out of time. This was not ok. They don't have a working phone system. I called corporate. WOW... no better.

So I spoke with a gentlemen at corporate and explained the entire situation. He put me on hold and said he was going to get a hold of someone at the store. On hold 15 minutes then was hung up on. HMMM... well he spent a good amount of time getting my cell, my email at the beginning of the call. Certainly he will call me back. 1 hour later nothing. So call corporate again. This time I get a new guy. I explain the entire situation to him and he proceeds to tell me I should probably just run over there and if I had hit 0 I would have just gotten the operator. Ok I am about to blow my top at this point as he obviously has not listened to a word I said. I recommended that he put me on speaker phone... pick up another line and try that himself. Instead he put me on hold and guess what he did... yep he transferred me to the broken phone system which promptly hung up on me.

Target your customer service is absolutely terrible. I one believed in you and your re-branding... that you were a higher quality than Walmart with higher standards. I bought stock thinking it would one day soar. Boy am I glad I sold that stock. If you are going to turn off the phones, go ahead and shut off the lights and lock the doors. It's coming sooner than later with awful service like this.

To keep the story short, I was rushing around planning a surprise birthday party for my wife. Target was on my list of places to stop. Completed my transaction there and headed home to do the bazillion remaining tasks I had to do. Realized I didn't have my wallet. Last place I used it was Target. I needed it as I still had many things to buy that day.

Based on an advertisement by Target Stores on a Television, it sounded like a good deal. I researched the brand and found that WalMart had the same Television for $25 less. My wife had a preference for Target based on using the Target "Red Card" for a discount. We showed the Target employee the WalMart price and asked if they price matched, and his response was yes they did. My wife asked if she also got the discount from the "Red Card", and his response was yes. In checking stock the TV was sold out. We asked if they would check if another store had stock. The associate called the store and put the TV on hold. We also heard the associate explain the price match to the person he was talking to (denied by the other store later).

So we drove many miles to the store. We expected a quick simple check out. The store refused to do the price match. Beyond the printout I had, I showed the store manager the WalMart website. The store manager approached us with an attitude, the cashier had to call twice to even get the manager to come talk to us. It was obvious we were getting anywhere.

We walked out of the store furious and actually called Target corporate. We received no help and were lectured about the use of the discount and price matching by the agent on the phone. I pointed out that perhaps all of the lecturing should take place with the people that work at the store since it appeared different stores have different policies. I asked to have someone in management call me. We drove back to the WalMart which was across the street from the original Target store. We purchased the television and were out of the store in few minutes.

I always find it interesting these companies spend millions of dollars in advertising to get you in the store. They would be better served to spend that on training the people in the stores on policies. The consumer has so many choices in retailers. Target won't be getting my business anytime soon. You might be thinking the anger over this is petty. The attitude these people had would have made you angry. My anger is really based on the principle of this. Really no care in the world they wasted my time. My hope is this will spare some other consumer a few hours and a lot of frustration.

When you list a price for an item and sell the item online, you should honor the price you sold the item for, and not just cancel the item when you realize you screwed up. Others cannot just delete their mistakes. Definitely an eye opening experience realizing how little Target thinks of their customers.

We purchased a cell phone at Target and paid almost $700 dollars for it. Imagine our surprise when we received our cell phone bill and it showed we still owed $700 on it. When we contacted Target they said it wasn't their problem. It was the cell phone company problem. What we didn't know is that the employees who staff and sell cell phones AREN'T TARGET EMPLOYEES. We discovered this after 3 weeks of arguing with Target and talking to HQ who refused to help. At least here locally, the company name is Marketing Resource. I've never heard of them.

Needless to say, when we finally spoke to someone at Marketing Resource, they were rude and unhelpful and actually accused us of trying to scam them. In the end, our cell phone company apologized for Target (who had entered the info wrong when we purchased it), took the charge off the account and gave us a credit for our phone. Target was silent the whole time. Boo on Target.

I ordered a pair of winter boots for a Christmas present on 11/27 and the delivery date was before Christmas. I received a delay notification right before Christmas telling me I would not have the item in time. It was too late to find something else so I wrapped a photo and told her it would be delivered right after Christmas. I still do not have the item but continue to see charges held on my bank statement. I just received another notice telling me the item will be delivered by 2/27/17. I don't trust this either because this is at least the fifth date I have received and now it is impossible to find a different pair of boots because of the time of year.

This was the one present she really wanted and now won't get it or if she did not in time to wear this season. It is impossible to reach the corporate office which tells me they don't care about service. I called and cancelled the order and they seemed to care less and told me I could try to reorder it. I will never order anything from Target or shop there again.

Ordered 2 swimsuits online. Went to the store to return both just 2 days after receiving. I was told that one suit couldn't be returned -- for some reason the computer wouldn't allow the return. Rep called a 1-800 number and they couldn't help, but said I would get an email in a few days to try to figure it out. Had to go home with one swimsuit for no reason explained. Called customer service next day, obviously outside US. Explained the story, was put on hold for 20 minutes while rep looked into it, then phone disconnected. I will never order or buy from Target again. This is the worst customer experience I have ever had.

I am very unhappy with Target's lack of responsibility to contact me that an order I placed SEVERAL months ago was cancelled. I changed bank institutions since I ordered 4 months ago so now I just lost my money too. I will NEVER order from Target again and I will tell everyone else not to as well. I am very displeased with the entire "only" experience I have had with them. I would think that as big as the company is, they would value their customers more than that.

I ordered a timelord slipcase online for a Xmas present and when I clicked the order button it said pre-order which I thought meant a copy would be reserved for me when they became available. Not the case. About a week before Xmas I get an email saying they are back ordered and I won't get it till Jan 10. I click to accept and Jan 10 comes around I hear nothing, Jan 11 I get an email stating it was still back ordered and we would receive it by Feb 14. Pretty ridiculous for something that I PRE-ORDERED in early December. Will never shop at Target again.

I made a purchase online with Target's website and never received a confirmation email. When I called to ask that a confirmation with tracking be sent to me I am informed they have an incorrect email address for me and, they tell me the order information can't be altered once it is placed. I now have no information about my order or when it will arrive. When the package finally arrived (bookshelf with drawers on the bottom) it is so damaged that it can't be assembled. I called customer service to set up a return and I was told to leave the package on the front porch and UPS would pick up the package and bring a shipping label. The associate (a supervisor at this point) tells me that he will personally email me the new tracking information since the email they have on file is incorrect. There was nothing more for me to do other than leave the package outside. Two days later the package is still on my porch.

I call customer service AGAIN to let them know the package was never picked up. I explain the situation, I am put on hold, and then HUNG UP ON. I then have to call back, and go through the entire process again, wait on hold for another 20 minutes just to repeat my entire story. This time I immediately asked for a supervisor. This is now the fourth time I have tried to call. After the supervisor puts me on hold for another ten minutes, I am transferred to a new department. I am told there is no confirmation number for the pickup and that my replacement has already been shipped. (I thought I was going to get a personal email from the last supervisor with my new tracking for the replacement. I guess that isn't happening either.)

I am told that they will issue me $15 gift card for my trouble and the associate I am speaking to will personally call me back in a few minutes with the date and time of my package pick up. That was four hours ago and I still have not heard when the package will be picked up. Can anyone from Target explain to me why this has to be so complicated? You process hundreds of returns and exchanges everyday and yet somehow this one is just TOO HARD.

Horrible service. Several instances but the most recent was this example: I ordered an item through their online ordering system for in-store pickup. When I got there (after the customer service rep made me switch from one line to another AT THE SAME CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK) they seemed confused that there was such a thing as ordering for in-store pickup. She told me that it needed to be paid for but I explained that I had paid for it online. After insisting that was impossible and that I would need to pay for it I asked for the manager. She avoided that request completely and checked into it with another representative. When she came back she (very rudely) insisted that the credit card was not charged until I had checked "accept" on the transaction. As if the difference is enough to argue with a customer over?

My point was that I didn't need to pay for it there at the counter when I had paid for it (or apparently SET UP payment) online. Topping that off... They had not even set aside the item even though I had received an email confirmation that it had been done. P.S. I used a fake name/address for this review as I did not want my email flooded with advertisements... AGAIN.

They charged my check card for more than I suppose to by charged. Even the delivery they promised that I received a refund for it because they canceled my order twice before they processed instead I was stolen.

Target is very convenient with groceries and a pharmacy on site, I do 90% of my shopping at Target. As a general rule they have whatever I'm looking for and at a reasonable price, but there are times - I pick something up and my jaw hits the floor because the price is outrageous.

I did use Target on occasion (notice as of now it's past tense) and generally when I do the amount is generally several hundred dollars. Today the amount was equal to that and some. The amount of purchase was 1/20 of the amount in my checking account. Yet Target arbitrarily decided not to honor my check which left me thoroughly embarrassed with many people in line. I will never return. There is always JCPenney or Bed, Bath and Beyond. Target needs to learn that a dissatisfied customer tells 7-10 other people where as a satisfied customer tells but one maybe two others. I'll never go back.

I bought a NutriBullet at Target and a protection plan with it and now they refunding my protection plan and nobody is able to tell me why. I swear they have the worst customer services. ** Target. Don't buy here.

I bought 6 gift cards before Christmas on 18th December, and on 22nd December I scratched two gift cards and saw there was only $10 and $1 where that should be $500 each. I called them right away and after 15 minutes of investigation they told me those cards are used in California but I'm in Virginia. Someone used it in store. Where card is in my hand how come someone else use that card. And I filed a lost/stolen case and after that that representative told me I will get my refund after 72 hours. Called after 72 hours and they told me to wait till 7 business days. And finally called after 7 business days. They are telling me that they can't refund me. Then I asked them "I bought it from your store and when I saw there is no balance I called you right away. What I suppose to do." Then they are telling me to file a police complaint.

So I asked "if I file a police complaint then are you going to refund me money." They are like "No. We have to work on that later." That's complete bs and it's their responsibility to secure my card. Also when I called 22nd December their representative told me it's happening with them so many times and they do know why. I filed a BBB complaint and I will do my best to get my money back. They are cheating with their customer.

My issue all started when I called about target.com and having no longer use of the email I had on my online account. I had current subscriptions still coming thru and wanted to be able to change the email but I was informed I couldn't. I got snippy I will admit only due to the operator stating her opinion on something that had been very upsetting to me. Her lack of empathy really frustrated me. She told me I could cancel everything on the account. It just sounded so overwhelming and a lot of work just due to an email change. So I did hang up instead of saying something I would regret. I then had my husband call just to talk to someone else due to my frustration but eventually I did talk to a nice gentlemen who informed he could just cancel the account on his side. I then was a little upset due spending last 30 minutes canceling all of my orders and subscriptions.

I didn't know why the first person I talked with couldn't have mentioned that to me in our conversion instead of telling me all about yahoo and their email policies. So the second operator sent me to promo department because I had 3 promo cards that weren't working that he had also assisted me on which I got disconnect at that point. My level of stress was through the roof. I had it I then asked to speak to a manager at that point with the full intention of closing my account. He convinced me to keep my card open. A very nice man. I warned him that I was worried about him transferring me back to the online people. I didn't want any other issues.

I gave the phone to my husband the person he got demanded to speak to me instead of asking me who I was he started in on the email and the online account issue. I told that operator I didn't want to argue that I got it. I just wanted my online account fixed. Where I think the problem was is the language barrier. I truly feel he was getting close account confused with close online account. Why would I close account with him and not the previous manager! It really upsets me.

I do love Target and would like this resolved. I feel I was truly wronged in this. To the point he made me cry. How can you have employees like that is what I ask and then defend them! I truly stated I didn't want to ARGUE. In the last conversation I don't understand why he brought something up that was resolved by your manager in my opinion it was only to have the last word. I don't want the last word I just want my account back and to not be told I closed it or ordered my husband too. When I most certainly did not! I feel like Target should want to keep customers but I guess I am wrong and you would think one person doesn't me much but one voice does go far when you have social media!!!

Target Stores Company Profile