3.72/5
Based on 1,096 ratings submitted in the last year

2711 Target Stores Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 18, 2019

I went into my local Target to exchange a video game system I had purchased in-store some months prior. At the time the sale associate I purchased my system from up-sold me on their story insurance to cover my system for an extended year. This was okay as I normally do purchase extended warranties in-store because of the easy exchange if need be. At the time the sales associate sold me on the fact that I would be able to exchange my item directly in store if I had any issues - Great! Unfortunately for me the associate sold me on a lie.

I of course became aggravated by the situation but being someone who has worked in the field I always try to relay to the reps that I am not trying to purposefully be a nuisance or "dick" to them and that I was just trying to resolve the issue I had as a customer that was sold on something that was untrue. My issue was elevated to the Manager on duty - Michelle who when she arrived already had a short attitude on her face, after exchanging our looks at the situation and her trying to tell me about the return policy not being for in store and me alerting her again that THAT was not what I was sold, she suddenly stopped and said she was calling the cops because I had become "belligerent" and "vulgar".

I told the lady that I wasn't trying to be a dick and only wanted what was sold to me at the time under good faith. A proper exchange of my faulty device. I have rarely encountered such pathetic levels of customer service and it was such an insult alerting the police like I was foaming at the mouth and screaming obscenities. I wasn't.. I was aggravated, I was persistent but in no way was I threatening. She didn't call the police because I was being threatening, she called the police because she was pissed at the fact I wasn't just eating up their lackluster excuse for not honoring what they sold me.

I'll never shop at another Target again, and I will be advising the same to anyone I know and or meet, I'm not one to favor any corporate entity over another like that but I now can say, Target might not be much different from a Best Buy or Walmart but they are the 3rd tier option and now ARE NOT AN OPTION AT ALL. Take your business elsewhere, they don't deserve your money if they are so ready to alert the police placing the situation on a level that was way over reactionary because the sold something to the consumer in good faith but refuse to honor it after they've gotten your money.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Target.com, shiftless corp. My review is based solely on my experience with their online store (Target.com). I don't have any issues with my local store, as they are professional and personable. I recently made a purchase that was cancelled by Target, due to a shipping error, the reason of which was never fully disclosed nor did I receive an email to confirm this.

At the time I received a message on CHAT on the app (I had connected with Target about the order on the app, at first) from Chris, I was speaking to a service rep on the phone who tried to help me with the order because I wanted to know when it would ship or why it hadn't progressed. I was told by the phone customer service rep that my order was cancelled by me at the same time Chris said it was cancelled by Target. I said I didn't cancel the order! No clear reason was given. But it seems by many of the responses on this platform, they regularly cancel orders. I don't have a problem with that, because errors by customers or Target could happen, but the lie about it what made me angry and the cancellation made me angry. I asked Chris when I would be refunded to me and he said "45 hours."

Anyway, I recontacted Target.com and describing my problem with customer services, they presented me a $10 egift card for me (which they didn't have to do) to apply to my next purchase after I made the complaint about the cancellation, which I thought would be the end of it. Well, where's my refund? Oh, no refund! Before I realized this, I reordered the same order they originally cancelled, thinking I would have the original money back into my account. Had I know I wouldn't get my money back at the time frame which they discussed, I would not have made the second order.

I did contact Target again, and they said it was an authorization on my account that has to be settled on Paypal's side. Mind you, I used my Paypal available balance -- not bank account attached to PayPal -- to pay for that order. There was a lot of going back and forth on this. I then spoke to a level 2 specialist and somebody from corporate; both told me they did what they could with cancelled order. I kept contacting Paypal who sent several messages to the merchant, to no avail. This went back and forth; and nothing. Lie after lie, fruitless phone call after phone call, I finally filed a ticket with Paypal to force Target to cancel the order they said they cancelled.

The second-tier specialist, I felt, was a smarmy patronizing individual and was just as unhelpful as the other person I spoke to at the corporate level. He couldn't do anything because they canceled the order. Funny. I didn't get an email notification or anything - just something on the app that showed it was cancelled and the message I got.

After going back and forth with Paypal, I had to get somebody there to file a ticket to force the cancel, because apparently, Target never actually cancelled the order, in full. I hope that solves the problem. I support what Target does for the community and standing by inclusive ideals, and my local store is great, but target.con online is trash, full of patronization, and a lot repeaters and people who don't know what's going on, and some are not exactly honest. I don't blame them, individually, as I blame more on the corporate culture. Apparently, Target withholds people's money for as long as they can and refuse to help, in this situation. I think If my money is not returned to my account by Monday, April 8th, I will contact the authorities for fraud, report it to BBB, and seek legal intervention about this. I will never shop at another Target, again - anywhere.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Target has the latest styles and trends in women's clothing. There is a wide selection to choose from and the pricing is right up my alley!! I can find everything from workout attire to business/professional, and everything in between.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I stopped shopping Target for a couple of years for no particular or specific reason. I went into the store around Christmas of 2018 and couldn't find the brands that brought me to Target in the first place. Mossimo and Merona. I was looking everywhere. I couldn't believe they stopped these clothing lines. Here's my issue. I am very big on how clothing 'feels' when I touch it. Hand-feel I guess is what they call it, maybe? Everything felt so cheap. The materials snagged on my skin. Just really unappealing. The way these clothes look, from a distance, not too awfully bad.

Once I actually made my way to the piece that I was looking at, it was really a bummer. The quality of the clothing at not only Target but other stores, including many department stores, really went down the tubes. I think that people are settling for less than. It is truly difficult to find quality clothing as of late. Not only the material that is being used to make the items but the craftsmanship as well. Not good. Buy a shirt and wash it, after a couple of times through the washer (and hanging to dry) it twists at the seams on the the sides. Grandma (102 years old btw) used to call it Womperjawed although I'm not sure how to spell a word that most likely no other person reading this post even if slightly familiar with, sorry about that.

All in all Target should be ashamed of themselves for overpricing such garbage. The quality is hand in hand with, well, I think we all know who but I feel like I will be breaking guideline rules and I don't want to do that. I think they are right in line with their number one competition now and not in a good way. Target has let go of two of the brands that 'made them' Target. Maybe I'm just not as young as I think that I am anymore. I know quality though. I know that these new lines of clothing for women are not worth the price tag hanging from the sleeve.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Was ordering online for store pick up charge my CC and everything and then go send me an email stating the item was unavailable. Offered me free 2 day shipping and I've yet to receive my order and that was 4 days ago!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: March 26, 2019

This is the WORST Target (Woodridge, IL) I have ever been to, and Target corporate has the WORST customer service I have ever encountered. This issue came to light when I purchased a $450 iPad which began to crack after barely any use. I literally had the iPad for a few weeks and always kept it charged next to my bed and it was never damaged, dropped, or even traveled anywhere with me.

When noticing that the edges began cracking with the slightest touch while using it normally, I called corporate, and they affirmed that it should be exchanged (since it was clearly damaged when I received it and it should not start cracking when there was no accidental damage) and they gave me a case number to reference when I arrived at the store to ensure it was swiftly exchanged and guaranteed I would encounter no issues at the store. Upon arriving to the store (shortly after speaking to corporate), the staff began processing the exchange and all of the sudden their rude manager, NATE, demanded to stop the exchange and said he "doesn't care what corporate said" because he was not going to exchange it because he didn't "want a damaged product".

When asking him why it was okay for me to have a damaged product that I paid $450 for, he said, "I don't care what you say or how long we talk, but I won't give you a new one and I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO". Who tells a customer, "I have better things to do", when your job is to provide customer service?!?! I am beyond disappointed with Target's horrendously unaccommodating customer service, as well as this store's manager, NATE, and his unprofessionalism, rudeness, and blatant disrespect.

Target has lost my business as well as my friends' and family's business. Their disregard for customer satisfaction and willingness to sell faulty products to people (without any regard for quality assurance) is absolutely appalling. I highly encourage people to think twice before purchasing anything significant (or anything at all) from this specific store or any Target for that matter.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I enjoy shopping at Target. Especially if you get their good deals buy 3 and get a $10 gift card. Store is laid out well and kept clean. Easy to find items needed and if out of stock someone will always help.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I love shopping at Target, their customer service is excellent, if I have any questions they are always answered. Have been shopping there for many years since 1995. The quality of their products is excellent also the prices. I have shop at Target in different cities, when I was living in Redondo Beach I went to the store in Manhattan Beach, Torrance, CA, now that I live in Northridge, CA I go the the one here.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Their prices are higher than Walmart. Nothing is in the correct store spot so when you look at the tag below to see how much it is, you are fooled by the wrong tag. When asking the store associate, he said things are not where they should be in the store - nothing new! He showed me where the item belonged on the shelf and the true price of that item. I told him it is BAD customer service. He agreed but said this is nothing new and telling a manager does not work. It is such throughout the store. He was nice but, I have encountered many employees who were nasty and unhelpful and did not look in the back to see if they had items I needed in. They lied and said no - while pretending to check. I found this out by someone who saw them. Will NOT shop here again!!!

Original review: March 16, 2019

I had an issue with my online order. I called target.com where they informed me that due to their error I would get my entire order for free. They still charged me for my items. That was extremely disappointing. I will never shop at Target again.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I was trying to return a coffee machine, 179.99 was price my daughter had given to me. She was unable to find receipt, was only hooked up and tried, washed, put back in original box perfectly, told them I did not like the machine. Asked if I could get in-store credit, manager said NO!!! Was rude. She said I had to get other appliances. All I could do was pick out more stuff I did not want. So what can I do with this stuff, why would they not let me spend in store credit??? The way I wanted to, I WILL BE POSTING AND TELLING EVERYONE NOT TO BUY TARGET APPLIANCES!!!

Original review: March 13, 2019

I ordered phones online for pick up in the store. When I finally went to pick them up I was told I already got them although the box with my order number and name on it was in the stock room. Clerk refused to budge from her position. The manager finally acknowledged there was an issue on their side. I will never shop at this store again.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Random online order made without my consent at 1:30am. Contacted them and they refuse to refund my money stating I have to wait until it is delivered to the store. Asked for supervisor and was refused by Penny at the corporate office. When I stated I would be contacting Better Business Bureau she suddenly changed her story and said one would call me back within 48 hours. Bank had to flag all Target purchases for fraud. Thank god I got the notification on my bank.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I ordered a microwave oven in white to match the rest of my appliances. I waited a week for this item. Got home and this item was on porch showing a black microwave. In the box it was the wrong color and wrong microwave. Called customer service and they told me they would send UPS to pick it up next business day. Today is Friday then when they receive it they will ship the right one. So I asked them it's at least going to be another week? No big deal to them. Not even an apology... Worst customer service ever. Walmart is way better. I should have known to try someone else... So I paid $106 for the wrong item.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Target returns with a gift receipt is screwing people over. If you purchased an item with Target credit card let's say for $100 you get the 5% discount so that comes out to $95. If I gave that as a gift and the person returned the item using the gift receipt which is on the bottom of the original receipt Target refunds a less amount than $95 to a gift card. So why is that? Do they just keep the percentage missing? Where does it go?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I spent hours on several sites picking the right TV. I found the one I wanted on Target.com. I ordered the TV for next day pickup at my location. My order was confirmed and my debit was charged. I took the day off work to pick up, got an email this morning saying item cannot be picked up. Target offered free shipping so I went that way instead. "Cannot ship to this address." I contacted support and it turns out this item I purchased was no longer available in stores or for shipping. So now what? I asked for a similar TV at the price I paid ($250). "Similar TVs are $300 and up, You'll have to drive to another Target to get this TV." The nearest Target is over an hour and a half away. My store was 30 minutes alone. "Sorry." So Target screwed up, didn't offer a solution besides me driving an extra hour of my time and fuel and paying more for a different TV...

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I was in the Clackamas, Or. store on Saturday 2/23/19, and it was very unkempt. Overflowing garbage containers, empty napkin dispensers, food messes all over the seating area. There was even a basket of frozen food items left on a table and it was there for a good 45 minutes. The area just looked like it hadn't been serviced for a long time! Not a good experience, not impressive at all.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Order placed in Nov. 2018. Notified multiple times of delay/backorder, then order cancelled by Target in Feb. 2019. My husband did not get his Xmas gift. I am very unhappy. Call Target customer service. Passed from one person to another. I am less happy. Finally a supervisor agreed to let me purchase an equivalent quality product for the original price of item on backorder. I am less unhappy.

I select an item and am assured the reduction is in Target's system. They would be applied after I checked out. However, the system would not recognize my PIN and the purchase denied, 3 times. I received 2 calls from my bank's fraud unit but had to go to the bank to resolve the problem. Returned to Target's online shopping website to find the replacement item I selected was in my cart. I input my card data and placed the order. Yeah for Target! Chat initiated to verify the promised price reduction would be applied to my purchase. Disconnected from chat 3 times. Very frustrated.

2nd chat almost completeď. But it took a long time, and repeated explanation of what happened. Chat lost. Very, very frustrated. Called customer service, again. Person I was speaking with looked at the notes in the system and would only discount my purchase for an amount less than what the previous rep agreed to. I got tired of dealing with her and said I wanted to speak to her supervisor. I was told my request to speak to management was not possible, she argued with me but finally connected me with someone. Extremely frustrating and more than very unhappy.

I repeated the purchase history to the supervising rep. She looked at the notes in the system and agreed on my paying the same price for the replacement. Happy to work to resolve the cost issue with this customer service supervisor. I went back to my Target account and verified the correct, agreed upon price was reflected on my order. Satisfied with the end result. Very unhappy about the multiple chats and calls it took to get there. I was on the phone more than 3 hours, a ridiculous amount of time.

Final analysis: time spent, frustration level experienced was not worth being allowed to pay the amount I originally agreed to spend. Almost 4 months later and I still don't have my heated mattress pad. And guess what - winter in Tucson is almost over so I probably won't even get to use it until next winter. I will never, I repeat never, shop at Target again.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Online store sent me damaged furniture. Took over a month to get it sorted out with various departments handing me off in a maze of incompetent support people. Delivery company called me and told me they would leave the sofa on the sidewalk, and after I had to return it they told me to leave it outside. In downtown Atlanta? Yea right! Finally a drunk delivery driver arrived to pick up the damaged sofa.

Two weeks later still no refund. I'm glad I got a receipt and took photos of the driver picking it up, and the sofa in his in his vehicle. I knew things would go south after the botched delivery. Now I get to wind my way through a maze of terrible Filipino outsourced tech support to get my money back. It is too much to ask that Target track a return and refund me, I have to do their job for them. Never ever ever order anything from these people.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Clean, well-maintained stock areas and aisles; knowledgeable, helpful employees. Enough choice without being overwhelmed. The CVS pharmacy in the store I shop at is a jewel.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Comparing Target to Walmart is a different animal to me. Target has much better associates and I find their prices equal to Walmart. Being in the retail sector for over 30 years, I also find Target a much cleaner store and less cluttered than Walmart.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I love Target! You can find just about anything you need or want. The fact that they have a Starbucks in almost every store is also great! Their prices, especially for seasonal items is always lower than any one else.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Great value for the money. Always feel like the quality is just a little better than Walmart. Certainly the lines are definitely better & that makes any slight trade-off re:selection worth it. And always very clean with courteous, knowledgeable staff.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I am loyal to Target because they are headquartered in my home state of Minnesota and I know a handful of employees at corporate. For whatever reason Target just has a different, more inviting feel than Walmart, even though I realize almost all of the same items are available and usually at the same price. At Target I feel like it is more of a relaxing shopping experience. I don't want to get into the stereotypical clientele of these stores, but it does seem to me like the average Target shopper is younger, has a higher level of education and probably a greater disposable income. I just prefer it.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Target is one of my favorite places to shop. Usually clean, orderly and well stocked. Customer service is friendly and helpful! Only dislike is the checkout process. Not enough cashiers and occasional long lines.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I LOVE Target!! I do 95% of my shopping (groceries, makeup, etc.) at their stores! They have everything you need and are always kept so Clean and their employees are helpful and courteous! Great Stores!!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I always enjoy Target and the great service that they have. If you cannot find something, any associate will take the time to locate it even if they do not know themselves where it is and take you the location.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I will not shop at Target. When a store decides that grown men can use the restroom that is designated for women, they don't need or want my business. This chain is attempting to be politically correct, when what they are doing is alienating a large percentage of their customers. Men and boys should use the men's room, and women and girls should use the women's room.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I have stopped buying clothes at Target. Styles look pretty good. Prices are low as well. But I would rather pay more for items that have a better quality. Clothes, turn to rags after wash, fabrics lose shape and color.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Their customer return and pickup are sometimes in the same line causing delays. They sometimes need to be better organized. The prices are a bit higher than other retail stores also. Besides that the store seems to fit the bill.

Target Stores Company Information