3.96/5
Based on 2,428 ratings submitted in the last year

2726 Target Stores Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 17, 2019

Target is the best place to shop for anything you may need. Their employees are so insightful and helpful, anytime I have a question they never hesitate to help and it's always done with a smile. Also, Target stores are usually always clean and their products are put in their place and not scattered around the floor. I love shopping at a place that is well organized, because it makes it easier for me to walk around and find what I need, especially if I'm in a rush. I will drive out of my way to shop at Target rather than stopping at a closer retail store because I enjoy the experience every time!

Original review: April 24, 2019

I had such a good experience at Target today that I have to share! Yesterday some of my important items were left at the cashier station and I had to drive back into town today to retrieve them. Originally I thought it was just the organic milk I bought for Ariana but realized later, the cheap bottle of wine I bought for cooking soup from scratch today was also left there. So, first thing this morning I drove the 30 minute drive to get my organic milk and my white wine. I had called ahead of time to explain my situation. When I arrived to Target the manager said to ask for him. I asked for ** and he gave me a THIRTY dollar gift cart separately for my troubles. Gave me the milk and wine that had been left there for free (since I had already purchased them). A handwritten apology note. AND bought my girls a cake pop and me a coffee from Starbucks on HIS dime.

I was absolutely blown away by his customer service. ** and his team went ABOVE and BEYOND to make me a happy customer. This may be the best customer service I have ever had and numerous employees in this store had the same great customer service on both days I was there. I couldn’t be happier with Target! Thanks ** and **!! And thanks Target for making my day! 8917 Tehama Ridge Pkwy Fort Worth, TX 76177 #target #greatcustomerservice #aboveandbeyond #fortworthtexas

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I love their end cap deals and the ease of finding items I'm looking for. I do not like their gift card deals where you buy so many and get $5 gift card because they are often confusing and not clearly marked in the aisles. I have often got to checkout only to find the sign was under the wrong product. Other than that I am pleased with my Target store. I can expect fast checkout and they are willing to open more registers if there is a bottleneck of any kind. This is so much appreciated when I run in to pick up a few things and don't have a lot of time to waste.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I ordered a Fisher Price Jeep on 12/9/18. I got an email that told me who would be shipping my package. After I read all the negative reviews about EFW, I was little nervous. My experience wasn't really that bad. Target said my package would be delivered between 12/20-12/24. When I checked back after I got an email that said it was on its way, my date had changed to 12/21-12/26. I was a little upset because this was supposed to be a Christmas present for my 3 year old. But I didn't worry too much about it.

I finally got an email from EFW on 12/17/18 at 3:30 pm that my package was set to be delivered on that same day before 6 pm. My package did not come that day. The package did not come the following day either. On the night of 12/18, I emailed EFW asking when would my package be shipped. They said it would be there by 12/19. Well to my surprise, it did arrived on that day. The package was not damaged. I don't know where the package was left because someone else in the household put it in the house. My experience wasn't as bad as a lot of the other reviews. They did waste my time for two days but, it arrived before Christmas so I was okay with it.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Target is a store that has its customer in the forefront of the business. They understand the concept of getting the customer what they want without the old standby lie other stores use. "If it's not on the shelf we don't have it". We've all been party to that conversation. At Target if something is not on the shelf then an associate is eager to check reserve stock or other local stores to assist a customer in fulfilling their request. Whenever I ask an associate for information at Target they are willing to take me directly to the location where the item should be. The customer service is exceptional. The store is always neat and orderly. The restrooms are well maintained and clean. Very important issue with me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: June 14, 2019

Visited Target expecting to find some good bargains as had usually been the case. This most recent visit was extremely disappointing, with missing sale items, empty shelves, etc. I was hoping to find nice toys and children's party favors. When I asked about the out-of-stock sale toys, I was told that Target no longer provides rain checks on sale items and that "we run sales often enough that it shouldn't be a problem." Really?

To top it off, I wasn't provided activation receipts at the register for the gift cards I purchased; I received only gift receipts. Gift receipts don't show proof of value (dollar amount) on the gift cards. And that gift receipt with missing information is supposed to be good enough? Looks like Target's new strategy is to do what it can to streamline things from their perspective in order to serve the customer less. The only reason I have assigned 1 star to Target is because their employees are generally kind and eager to help. Most of them are even cheerful! It's the corporate policies that are problematic.

Original review: June 14, 2019

Target is a complete store, you don't need to go separate stores. Target got all the home shopping products and wearables. In addition, I got great discounts by using Target Promotions from dealmecoupon. https://www.dealmecoupon.com/target-promo-codes.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I returned an item to the Target store in North Tallahassee, FL which I ordered from Target.com. I paid with my paypal account. I was told by the employee that she would credit my Paypal. Employee# ** apparently later made the receipt a cash refund of $235.43 which she kept for herself. After numerous calls, emails, etc. I was told there was nothing management could do. Obviously they don't put the customer first. Very poor management which could not handle this simple problem. Fire the employee who stole the money and refund the money back to paypal for the customer!!!

Original review: June 3, 2019

I’ve tried the order online for pick-up in store option several times and I’ll get the email that everything is ready for pick up only to get to the store and not everything is available. This last time ticked me off because we’re trying to get ready to take my son for surgery so we order formula and diapers and it was to come with a $20 gift card. I get there and they don’t have all the formula and the clerk tells me I can go back there to double check. Then tells me they won’t give the gift card. So I left everything there and told her to cancel the order. Picked it up at Walmart instead. Called customer service and she was nice but the next day I noticed they charged our account for the order.

I received an email that said I’d get a refund in 1-3 business days (it was a Friday). So I emailed and they said they’ll get it refunded and offered a $20 gift card but then made it sound like I was stupid for not knowing that’s what they did. When I told them I’m having a hard time understanding how that policy is in line with FTC guidelines, I got a nasty gram back saying if I wanted to peruse legal action that they wish me good luck. So, yeah if you place an order online and it’s “ready for pickup” your card will be charged for the full order. Needless to say I’ll just head over to Walmart or Amazon from now on.

Original review: May 21, 2019

My information was used for purchases at Target and I submitted a dispute for charges and the claim was denied because a pin was used. I informed them the card haven't been used in years and suggested that they pull the cameras from the local Target store and I am willing to provide ID to provide it was not me. They said that would not possible but they will take note of my statement. Ryan the supervisor also stated to me that it was impossible for someone to find out your pin information.

I would not recommend anyone to sign up for their debit card because if someone uses it with your personal information, they would hold you liable no matter what. I also request to speak with someone higher up like CEO of the company and he states that is impossible. I have never known a company not to have a CEO and just a regular supervisor in charge of a big corporation. I am extremely disappointed in this company regarding an unauthorized transaction that has taken place. This compliant won't stop here.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I was looking at buying some specialty shampoo, and Target listed it at $19.99 on their website. I also looked on their website to see if my local Target had it in stock, and they did. I went to the Target store by me and they had the price tag on it as $5.00 MORE!!! I contacted Target customer service and they gave me some BS about prices being adjusted for my area, which makes NO SENSE! If you are going to advertise and sell something for ONE price online, then it is supposed to be that same price at ANY Target store! Target is now finding ways to screw people out of money in a corrupt, underhanded way! Are there NO HONEST businesses in this country anymore?! This is beyond outrageous! I've also seen them do this to TV's they have. They will be one price online, and a completely different price in the stores!!! It's just sickening.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Ok if you don’t shop at Target good because what I’m about to tell you you're not going to like. First they don’t support our troops. Next I went to return something I paid 20 dollars for and with tax. I should be getting 21.38 back. I paid cash for it but because I didn’t have a receipt they were only going to give me $6 dollars for it because the price of the bra dropped in price since I got it. I said, "To hell you're giving me $6 dollars. I paid $20 for that bra." The woman looked at me and said it’s their policy. There was nothing she could do so I called the store to talk to the manager. She had no clue what I was talking about. She told me to hold on and was asking someone else what the policy is. Ha a manager, she should know it already bs. I went to Target policy online and it said nothing about or even remotely like what they said to me so guess what. I’m calling Better Business Bureau on them tomorrow morning and I am boycotting Target.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I purchased over $200.00 in items at Target but it wasn't until I got home that I discovered I didn't get several items. Called the store and they did find my items but they wouldn't deliver them to my home. I then called the main office to complain and they wanted me to get a gift card - I refused as I made up my mind that I will never shop Target again. They claimed they couldn't refund my Target debit card. I will be closing my account and will NEVER SHOP TARGET AGAIN. I didn't drive back to Target as my knee was swollen and hurting. Targets claims they will deliver but what happened to good ole' common sense and customer service?

Original review: May 7, 2019

So I have a 65 inch LED Vizio TV which is under warranty. The TV goes out and I get Target to send someone to fix TV which takes two weeks to get him there. He keeps the TV two weeks and brings back and leaves. An hour later the TV goes out and he can't come back. I call up Target and they want to send same person out so I say yes and he no shows the appointment. So I've been without a TV now for 45 days and no end in sight. You would think a big company like Target would be on top of this. They always talk about customer service. Well they lost me for life. I wouldn't buy a pack of gum at Target ever again.

Original review: April 26, 2019

My closest Target store is a 90 minute drive away. So, I've started ordering from their Target.com and Target on Google Express. I have to say that it's been completely hit or miss. I received a couple orders where everything was okay and arrived on time. I also received one order where the shipping box looked like they had used it as a trash can before putting my order in it (bad stains and dark material spilled inside the box that wasn't from anything in my order). Another order had a food item that had expired 4 months previously in it (that was Target on Google Express and Google Express refunded the item and told me to toss it).

My latest order was placed at 530am this Wednesday and most of the order was supposed to arrive today, Friday (2 Day Shipping). I got the appropriate "Your order has shipped" emails before lunchtime Wednesday with tracking numbers telling me that my main shipment would arrive today. Then I checked the tracking numbers a few times that day and the next to check and see if my order was actually moving and it wasn't. Two of my three packages didn't actually enter the UPS package stream until 10pm last night. My tracking update now says Monday. So, my 2 Day Delivery has turned into 5 Days. I order from other similar online retailers/competitors (Walmart and Kroger Ship) and have never had problems like these. Their competitors do the job right. My orders arrive on time and in good condition.

This may be my last Target order. It's just like flipping a coin. There's a 50-50 chance your order will arrive late, expired (food item) or in dirty boxes. I will say that as far as their physical stores, I've had good luck. I shop at the Flowood, MS and Jackson, MS locations occasionally on my day shopping trips (every few months). The stores are clean and they let you use whichever bathroom you want. So, I never have to wait for an empty stall (on busy weekends) like I used to. In closing, I would recommend their physical stores. But, their online store is a complete fail.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I went to the Kings Highway, NY store to return two Our Generation dolls today because I received two dolls with crossed eyes (quite a lot of their dolls not of the ** face molds have crossed eyes). The woman at the counter responded to my comment about the crossed eyes by saying impatiently that there were nothing wrong with the eyes because they were supposed to open and close. When I repeat my comment about the crossed eyes, she stared at the two dolls for a while and said, “Nope, there is nothing wrong with the eyes.” First of all, how could she see the cross eyes if the dolls were lay down instead of standing up? Second of all, why would a cashier try to contest the reason a customer give for returning a product? With this kind of customer service, I don’t see why Target is trying to open more stores.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Target in Memphis Tennessee on Colonial, this store has just been renovated and looks very nice. It’s sad to go in the ladies bathroom and the floor has dirty streaks where it’s been mopped with a dirty mop and smells like urine. Please clean the mop before using it. 04-24-19@10:00 am THANKS P.S.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I was recently in a Target in PA and went to use the restroom. The floor was covered in paper towels, toilet paper, and water from the sinks. It looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a very long time. The stalls did not look much better and I didn't feel comfortable even using the facilities. The store was cleaner however.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I went into my local Target to exchange a video game system I had purchased in-store some months prior. At the time the sale associate I purchased my system from up-sold me on their story insurance to cover my system for an extended year. This was okay as I normally do purchase extended warranties in-store because of the easy exchange if need be. At the time the sales associate sold me on the fact that I would be able to exchange my item directly in store if I had any issues - Great! Unfortunately for me the associate sold me on a lie.

I of course became aggravated by the situation but being someone who has worked in the field I always try to relay to the reps that I am not trying to purposefully be a nuisance or "dick" to them and that I was just trying to resolve the issue I had as a customer that was sold on something that was untrue. My issue was elevated to the Manager on duty - Michelle who when she arrived already had a short attitude on her face, after exchanging our looks at the situation and her trying to tell me about the return policy not being for in store and me alerting her again that THAT was not what I was sold, she suddenly stopped and said she was calling the cops because I had become "belligerent" and "vulgar".

I told the lady that I wasn't trying to be a dick and only wanted what was sold to me at the time under good faith. A proper exchange of my faulty device. I have rarely encountered such pathetic levels of customer service and it was such an insult alerting the police like I was foaming at the mouth and screaming obscenities. I wasn't.. I was aggravated, I was persistent but in no way was I threatening. She didn't call the police because I was being threatening, she called the police because she was pissed at the fact I wasn't just eating up their lackluster excuse for not honoring what they sold me.

I'll never shop at another Target again, and I will be advising the same to anyone I know and or meet, I'm not one to favor any corporate entity over another like that but I now can say, Target might not be much different from a Best Buy or Walmart but they are the 3rd tier option and now ARE NOT AN OPTION AT ALL. Take your business elsewhere, they don't deserve your money if they are so ready to alert the police placing the situation on a level that was way over reactionary because the sold something to the consumer in good faith but refuse to honor it after they've gotten your money.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Target.com, shiftless corp. My review is based solely on my experience with their online store (Target.com). I don't have any issues with my local store, as they are professional and personable. I recently made a purchase that was cancelled by Target, due to a shipping error, the reason of which was never fully disclosed nor did I receive an email to confirm this.

At the time I received a message on CHAT on the app (I had connected with Target about the order on the app, at first) from Chris, I was speaking to a service rep on the phone who tried to help me with the order because I wanted to know when it would ship or why it hadn't progressed. I was told by the phone customer service rep that my order was cancelled by me at the same time Chris said it was cancelled by Target. I said I didn't cancel the order! No clear reason was given. But it seems by many of the responses on this platform, they regularly cancel orders. I don't have a problem with that, because errors by customers or Target could happen, but the lie about it what made me angry and the cancellation made me angry. I asked Chris when I would be refunded to me and he said "45 hours."

Anyway, I recontacted Target.com and describing my problem with customer services, they presented me a $10 egift card for me (which they didn't have to do) to apply to my next purchase after I made the complaint about the cancellation, which I thought would be the end of it. Well, where's my refund? Oh, no refund! Before I realized this, I reordered the same order they originally cancelled, thinking I would have the original money back into my account. Had I know I wouldn't get my money back at the time frame which they discussed, I would not have made the second order.

I did contact Target again, and they said it was an authorization on my account that has to be settled on Paypal's side. Mind you, I used my Paypal available balance -- not bank account attached to PayPal -- to pay for that order. There was a lot of going back and forth on this. I then spoke to a level 2 specialist and somebody from corporate; both told me they did what they could with cancelled order. I kept contacting Paypal who sent several messages to the merchant, to no avail. This went back and forth; and nothing. Lie after lie, fruitless phone call after phone call, I finally filed a ticket with Paypal to force Target to cancel the order they said they cancelled.

The second-tier specialist, I felt, was a smarmy patronizing individual and was just as unhelpful as the other person I spoke to at the corporate level. He couldn't do anything because they canceled the order. Funny. I didn't get an email notification or anything - just something on the app that showed it was cancelled and the message I got.

After going back and forth with Paypal, I had to get somebody there to file a ticket to force the cancel, because apparently, Target never actually cancelled the order, in full. I hope that solves the problem. I support what Target does for the community and standing by inclusive ideals, and my local store is great, but target.con online is trash, full of patronization, and a lot repeaters and people who don't know what's going on, and some are not exactly honest. I don't blame them, individually, as I blame more on the corporate culture. Apparently, Target withholds people's money for as long as they can and refuse to help, in this situation. I think If my money is not returned to my account by Monday, April 8th, I will contact the authorities for fraud, report it to BBB, and seek legal intervention about this. I will never shop at another Target, again - anywhere.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Target has the latest styles and trends in women's clothing. There is a wide selection to choose from and the pricing is right up my alley!! I can find everything from workout attire to business/professional, and everything in between.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I stopped shopping Target for a couple of years for no particular or specific reason. I went into the store around Christmas of 2018 and couldn't find the brands that brought me to Target in the first place. Mossimo and Merona. I was looking everywhere. I couldn't believe they stopped these clothing lines. Here's my issue. I am very big on how clothing 'feels' when I touch it. Hand-feel I guess is what they call it, maybe? Everything felt so cheap. The materials snagged on my skin. Just really unappealing. The way these clothes look, from a distance, not too awfully bad.

Once I actually made my way to the piece that I was looking at, it was really a bummer. The quality of the clothing at not only Target but other stores, including many department stores, really went down the tubes. I think that people are settling for less than. It is truly difficult to find quality clothing as of late. Not only the material that is being used to make the items but the craftsmanship as well. Not good. Buy a shirt and wash it, after a couple of times through the washer (and hanging to dry) it twists at the seams on the the sides. Grandma (102 years old btw) used to call it Womperjawed although I'm not sure how to spell a word that most likely no other person reading this post even if slightly familiar with, sorry about that.

All in all Target should be ashamed of themselves for overpricing such garbage. The quality is hand in hand with, well, I think we all know who but I feel like I will be breaking guideline rules and I don't want to do that. I think they are right in line with their number one competition now and not in a good way. Target has let go of two of the brands that 'made them' Target. Maybe I'm just not as young as I think that I am anymore. I know quality though. I know that these new lines of clothing for women are not worth the price tag hanging from the sleeve.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Was ordering online for store pick up charge my CC and everything and then go send me an email stating the item was unavailable. Offered me free 2 day shipping and I've yet to receive my order and that was 4 days ago!!!

Original review: March 26, 2019

This is the WORST Target (Woodridge, IL) I have ever been to, and Target corporate has the WORST customer service I have ever encountered. This issue came to light when I purchased a $450 iPad which began to crack after barely any use. I literally had the iPad for a few weeks and always kept it charged next to my bed and it was never damaged, dropped, or even traveled anywhere with me.

When noticing that the edges began cracking with the slightest touch while using it normally, I called corporate, and they affirmed that it should be exchanged (since it was clearly damaged when I received it and it should not start cracking when there was no accidental damage) and they gave me a case number to reference when I arrived at the store to ensure it was swiftly exchanged and guaranteed I would encounter no issues at the store. Upon arriving to the store (shortly after speaking to corporate), the staff began processing the exchange and all of the sudden their rude manager, NATE, demanded to stop the exchange and said he "doesn't care what corporate said" because he was not going to exchange it because he didn't "want a damaged product".

When asking him why it was okay for me to have a damaged product that I paid $450 for, he said, "I don't care what you say or how long we talk, but I won't give you a new one and I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO". Who tells a customer, "I have better things to do", when your job is to provide customer service?!?! I am beyond disappointed with Target's horrendously unaccommodating customer service, as well as this store's manager, NATE, and his unprofessionalism, rudeness, and blatant disrespect.

Target has lost my business as well as my friends' and family's business. Their disregard for customer satisfaction and willingness to sell faulty products to people (without any regard for quality assurance) is absolutely appalling. I highly encourage people to think twice before purchasing anything significant (or anything at all) from this specific store or any Target for that matter.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I enjoy shopping at Target. Especially if you get their good deals buy 3 and get a $10 gift card. Store is laid out well and kept clean. Easy to find items needed and if out of stock someone will always help.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I love shopping at Target, their customer service is excellent, if I have any questions they are always answered. Have been shopping there for many years since 1995. The quality of their products is excellent also the prices. I have shop at Target in different cities, when I was living in Redondo Beach I went to the store in Manhattan Beach, Torrance, CA, now that I live in Northridge, CA I go the the one here.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Their prices are higher than Walmart. Nothing is in the correct store spot so when you look at the tag below to see how much it is, you are fooled by the wrong tag. When asking the store associate, he said things are not where they should be in the store - nothing new! He showed me where the item belonged on the shelf and the true price of that item. I told him it is BAD customer service. He agreed but said this is nothing new and telling a manager does not work. It is such throughout the store. He was nice but, I have encountered many employees who were nasty and unhelpful and did not look in the back to see if they had items I needed in. They lied and said no - while pretending to check. I found this out by someone who saw them. Will NOT shop here again!!!

Original review: March 16, 2019

I had an issue with my online order. I called target.com where they informed me that due to their error I would get my entire order for free. They still charged me for my items. That was extremely disappointing. I will never shop at Target again.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I was trying to return a coffee machine, 179.99 was price my daughter had given to me. She was unable to find receipt, was only hooked up and tried, washed, put back in original box perfectly, told them I did not like the machine. Asked if I could get in-store credit, manager said NO!!! Was rude. She said I had to get other appliances. All I could do was pick out more stuff I did not want. So what can I do with this stuff, why would they not let me spend in store credit??? The way I wanted to, I WILL BE POSTING AND TELLING EVERYONE NOT TO BUY TARGET APPLIANCES!!!

Original review: March 13, 2019

I ordered phones online for pick up in the store. When I finally went to pick them up I was told I already got them although the box with my order number and name on it was in the stock room. Clerk refused to budge from her position. The manager finally acknowledged there was an issue on their side. I will never shop at this store again.

Target Stores Company Information