Target Stores

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Anytime I go to a Target I buy numerous items but Evercare refill pet hair large roller are out. Customer service looks them up. They have them in stock but can't find them. Send me to other Target who has them. I get to another Target who are out. Looks them up. Sends me to another Target who has them and doesn't. Not only have I wasted my time but has been lied to. Sure I can buy a new one for 4.00 more and half the sticky paper. I hope this improves. I should not have to go through this headache. Ordering through the internet waiting 2 days and paying 7.00 for delivery when I can go 2 miles from my home and get one or more at that time! Very disappointed.

I have bought two electronics products online from Target.com in the past 8 months. Neither of them were delivered, with a variety of excuses from Target and from their chosen delivery service (A DVR and a watch). They did give a prompt refund on my Target card, but the disappointment of not receiving what I had wanted and ordered will cause me to look elsewhere (other stores and online sales organizations) when I wish to spend my hard earned money.

While trying to place an order via the customer service number I was scammed. They said I had won a hundred dollar rebate, if I would give them my address and full credit card info. They said they needed my credit card info because it costs 4.95 to mail the rebate to me. I said no. The lady continued to ask for my information while talking above me and not listening to me. I said absolutely not. She hung up. I called back, different lady same story. I was told that this is not Target's phone number anymore and still more of them trying to scam me. I got mad and this lady hung up too. I called the store. I was told that Target.com is not run by Target but by a third party. Ugg.

Shame on you, Target! Earlier today we bought $200.00 worth of patio furniture cushions. Turns out they didn't fit correctly so we went to another Target to return them later in the evening. Customer Service sent us to the original Target because they don't do same day returns at a different store. Even with the receipt and all tags on it. What a terrible policy, Target.

I found a TV on sale at Santa Maria TARGET store on April 23, 2017. The sale tag did not say "Limited quantity". It didn't say "One only". My (disabled adult) son was getting agitated, so we left to take him home. I purchased a Target gift card to purchase the TV, dropped off my husband and son at home and returned TARGET but discovered they only had ONE TV and it had been SOLD. A sales associate then offered me the floor model for the full sales price. While waiting for the manager, they sold THAT TV too!

The manager tried to sell me another TV on sale for $100 MORE. She blamed ME for not talking to a sales associate (one hour) earlier. I explained the issue with my (disabled) son and told her had the tag been properly MARKED "ONE ONLY" or "LIMITED QUANTITY", my husband would have taken my son outside and I would have purchased the TV on the spot. She still refused to make it right by offering another TV at the same price or looking for that TV at another store. She was very unkind and not at all understanding of our situation or the fact my son has a very limited income. I contacted the CORPORATE OFFICE and they also offered nothing to correct the situation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Well I'm never ordering anything off of Target's website ever again. Placed an order, and realized less than 5 minutes later that I goofed on my address. Spoke to someone in the customer service department that said I have only two options- cancel the order, or attempt to intercept it when it ships. Cancelling at that point was the most logical considering it was still processing. But what company doesn't allow you to edit your address within a short period of time after placing the order??? Customer service rep doesn't cancel order. Just got notification that my package shipped to the UPS Woodbury Warehouse.

Third customer service rep said there's nothing they can do until it gets there. So my package was sitting in a Target warehouse for more than 12 hours, and because Target uses a third party for their customer service- it causes more issues for their customers. That's cool. Next time I can only get something on the Target website, I'll just go somewhere else to get a similar product.

My friend took her time to go to Target. She had an event going on at school and she was required to bring brownies. Target usually has brownies in stock every other day, but they didn't have any. That is unacceptable because she took her time to go get brownies but no there wasn't any. So I suggest the next time she goes there better be brownies!!!

While at a campground I ordered an ice maker with express delivery by April 6th. On April 6th they said, "Oops will be delivered on the 7th." On the 7th they said, "Oops will be delivered on the 10th." Well I'm leaving the campground on the 10th! They said they would credit the $25.00 I paid to expedite which was OK except it was in a form of a gift card. Why would I want a gift card if they can't even follow through with what they promised? Target said because I used PayPal they could give me a credit??? I'm furious about this because I use PayPal everywhere I can and have never heard of such a thing. They wouldn't let me speak to a manager or customer relations… if this ice maker is not here by the time I leave the campground then good luck to Target!

I was given a smart watch as a gift which was well over $200.00. The manager had no problem stating that it was purchased at Target, but he refused to give me a store credit and went on saying that I can ONLY shop in the electronics department. I never heard of this type of return before... How can in this day and age with everything going on in retail they can have such strict polices. I guess I will be going to Walmart over Target and will tell everyone about this AWFUL experience... VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Customer service does not care about technical issues with their own system. Even after realizing that our payment didn't go through when we entered it days before. Even after both a thank you and a confirmation page and no error on our side they STILL stuck us with a late fee and interest. When told we would cancel our card if they did not fix their error they said "that's up to you and we can't help you." We still had to pay to avoid collections and save our credit score. Not considerate of their customers at all.

Before ordering the three PC retail games, I chatted with an associate to make sure it was NOT a download from the Internet. I do not have internet at home. I just wanted the CD to download. The associate assured me they (there were 3) were in fact a CD's. I ordered and was sent an e-mail they would be delivered by the 29th. Today is April 3rd, I still had not received them. I chatted with another associate and was given another phone number to call. I called that number only to find out it was the download center and they were updating their system so I could not speak to a person at that time. I called the 800 number for Target, spoke to someone who in turn put my call through to corporate. Corporate office said they could not refund internet downloads and offered me a gift card for my time. Who wants a gift card? I will NEVER use Target again and should have known better to start with!!!

I went to two different Target stores in the Portland, Oregon area today and attempted to purchase a KitchenAid 4 slice toaster. The price was marked $69.99 on the shelf. When I went to the checkout stand the price came up with $0.00 which I knew was incorrect. A clerk came over and was unable to get the price to come up on the self-checkout so she took me a regular checkout stand which came up with the same results. After 5 minutes, still nothing so I told the clerk I would go to another store where I could hopefully get better results. The same thing occurred at the second Target store. It seems that employees do not look at the items they place on their shelves. Never will go to another Target Store. Target Corporate Headquarters doesn't even want to allow you to make online complaints.

The Target store in Pomona, CA was nice and clean. Every employee I came in contact with was friendly and courteous. I came in for my household items as I do weekly. Wal-Mart should retrain their employees and remind them that greeting and assisting customers is a huge part of customer service and their JOB. Wal-Mart employees see you but don't greet or offer any assistance. I will continue to take my business to Target. Where they appreciate my presence.

Went to Target to purchase a computer and the customer service was horrible. The employees were leaning against the counter, chomping on their gum and playing on their phones. Neither one of them looked up to assist me. When I asked about the computers, one pointed and said "over there". They never came over to me and asked if I needed help. I left and bought my computer at Best Buy where they treated me like they wanted my business. Target employees are extremely rude and don't care about helping the store make money.

I have shopped at Target for years but after my experience today they will never get a penny from me. I was approached by your undercover security accusing me of stealing a $10.00 USB cable. Seriously, accusing me while I was shopping and had other items in my cart. Asked me what I did with one item I had in my cart and I then decided to take it out. After this incident I left my cart right there and left the store. I then called the 1800 number and what a waste of time. They did apologize but when I asked what their protocol was for a situation like that. THEY DON'T HAVE ONE. How does a company as big as Target not have a protocol for approaching guests regarding theft. I will never shop there again.

Not up to date about target stores, they don't assist with sales. I had everything set up, I was told going to Target would be wise to finish the sale. I live in Delaware, drove to Salisbury MD... to be told no way that only the Easton store could help!!! You lost a customer!!!

My wedding is March 12, 2017. I placed an order for little girls dress shoes for my daughter to wear with her flower girl dress on Feb 23, 2017. I ordered a size 2 and 3 because I wasn't sure about what size would fit her best. I received my order on March 1, 2017, but instead of getting what I ordered I received a size 3 and 4. Both shoes were way too big for my daughter. If I had received the correct order (size 2) then it would have fit her perfectly.

I called Target.com and spoke to their employee. I explained the situation, and instead of him apologizing for their mistake he said "So you were not able to receive the correct size?" I told him "yes, yes I was able to receive my correct order, but you all failed to send the correct order." He then placed a new order for the correct size, then proceeded to tell me "as a one time courtesy, I'll waive the shipping cost." Seriously? A one time courtesy? For your mess up? I didn't complain, I just said thank you because I just wanted to get the correct size in time for my wedding.

The replacement pair was sent on March 2nd, and I received it March 6th. 6 days before my wedding. I was soooo happy they got here in time, but that happiness quickly faded. I opened the box, and instead of getting the correct size 2 I needed for my daughter, I got a size 3!!! THE WRONG SIZE AGAIN!!! Now I'm 5 days out from my wedding, and there's just not enough time to get another pair shipped to me. Even if there was, I'm not confident that Target would even get it right this time. I'll never order anything from Target again.

Misleading online promotional Gift Card policy - Your online gift card policy is absurd. In no way do you actually save money/earn the promotional award. Scenario: you make a purchase that results in a $5 promotional gift card; the amount due is reduce by $5; your bank account is charged the amount due + an additional $5 for the promotional gift card?! Result: you save $0. I will NEVER again purchase from you. Walmart officially has my business.

I placed an order through Target.com and requested store pick up. We later received an email stating that some items weren't available in the store, and so we opted to have those items shipped to us. We then picked up our items from the store, but two additional items were missing. The store claimed to have no record of the items, even after we showed them our order summary. We then received an email stating that our card had been charged $100.05 since we picked the items up. Our order summary total was $92.26. So we were overcharged and missing 5 items. I went online and chatted with customer service who reports that they couldn't do anything because their system wouldn't update for 24 hours, and requested that we try again tomorrow or call their 800 number because they should be able to issue a refund. I called their 1-800 number and that was even worse.

There was no supervisor available, and they couldn't do anything until they called the store and claimed that there was no electronic record of any of this. I requested an itemized receipt for why my card was charged 100.05 and was told that only a manager could issue a receipt and that one wouldn't not be available until I called back the next day. When I requested that the items that were not included in my order pick up be shipped to me, they reported they would not be able to do that because I had selected pick up. They then offered to place another order for me for store pick up, where I would pay for the items again, and then have to go back to the store and try and pick them up again. As they left it, there was nothing they could do, unless I called back the next day after their system had time to update and a manager was available. I feel like I have wasted a ton of time to to be overcharged and not even receive the items that we ordered.

I bought a 4k tv. Upon my purchase there were problems getting service. When it finally arrived, a manager had to assist in using a code for the register to ring up my item. The next day I opened the box to find a totally smashed tv, I mean smashed screen with a whole in it, the box was perfectly fine. The store had sold me a tv someone had broken and they sold it to me. Mind you they had 7 other tv's in the back. The excuses they gave me were insane. The inconvenience I went through was priceless. This was at the Troy Michigan location. I advise everyone to check every package and never trust a thing management says.

I received a returns voucher for good returned and when I attempted to redeem the voucher I was told if I didn't purchase items to the total of the voucher I would lose my money. The voucher was for $44.00, the goods I was purchasing were $35.00. I was happy to receive another voucher for the balance of $9.00 and was told this wasn't possible, the register did not have capacity to do this.

I asked for a complaint form and was told I would need to go online, the staff member advised they did not have contact details (online or by phone) to give me. The whole experience was disappointing and frustrating. I now have to purchase items I don't need or want to redeem the money I have spent at this business. The Target store was in Hervey Bay, Qld.

I ordered a large area rug for my apartment in November 2015. I never received the rug even though it said delivered. I contacted Target. They sent a replacement that I also never received. After that they would not comply, issue a refund, or resolve the issue. They stole my $300 from me. I never received anything for the money I paid. I contacted UPS. Target and the manufacturer of the rug took so long to respond that the claim was no longer valid. I have called all three parties so many times I cannot even count. It was extremely difficult with Target to talk to someone who even could understand the situation and after over a year I have gotten nowhere. All Target did was block my account from being able to make online purchases.

I have a friend that is being let go just like that. Her team with no real explanation is being let go even after working there a year as well as going right back to work after her father passed away because it was busy time of year with upcoming holidays. I WILL NOT shop there again and will make sure everyone I know knows what Target did to her.

Is Target trying to scam their customers? I have read multiple reviews about Target customer service and charges to their account and apparently, I am not an isolated case. In fact, there are more than 285 complaints on the website, it will take me a couple of days to read them. However, this is my story: On Monday, a loan officer pulled my account and informed me of my credit score. I was confident that I have an excellent score. However, this loan officer warned me not to get upset. He said that I owe Target Store. He said, I did not pay my bill since December and the store decided to report it to the Credit Bureau. What?! I don't remember having received a bill in the mail. So I opened my online account and there it was. The account was past due. Actual purchase was $31.85. So, I called them the following day and I was transferred to the dispute department.

I told them calmly that I didn't get a bill for December and none in January. The lady insisted that they sent them and they didn't have a returned mail to say that I did not receive it. I told her that she can check my account history and she will see that I have paid all my purchases on time and in full. She then said that she can't do anything about it and she can't remove any late fees. My total amount has gone up to 82.00 on that day. So to avoid any more arguments as I know that there's no point arguing with her, I asked who I can send my complaint. The lady would not give me the address nor a name to send it to. With me further insisting that I am paying the amount but I also have the right to voice my complaint, she looked up the address of her office. How would she not know where her office which is the dispute department located? Still she insisted that nothing can be done.

She even warned me that if I don't pay it on the 10th of Feb. it will further incur late fees. And you know what, on Thursday, Feb. 9th, I received the statement and my late fee has further increased. So I owe them $97.09. Target, this is a rip off!!! And for the amount of $31.85, sending it to the Credit Bureau when you did not send me my statement is outrageous! You ruined my score and it might and it has affected my ability to purchase at a better rate. Heck, I have been one of your best customers! I will never ever use my Red Card again. I will shred it and will tell everyone I know not to apply for a Red Card. In fact, I will not be shopping at your store again. Remember, you reap what you sow! I can understand your store is struggling but your poor customer service and dishonest business policy has brought you to where you are now. I won't be surprise if you fold up soon.

I am very frustrated that Target cancelled my pre-order of the Nintendo Switch. First, I called Target customer service to ask why they were not charging my credit card for the purchase, but were only putting a pre-authorization on my card. They said the pre-authorization was normal until time of shipping. Then, two hours later, they sent me an e-mail to say they cancelled my order "due to insufficient funds." But, they had just told me the pre-authorization was fine! When I called within a minute of receiving the e-mail about the cancellation, Target said that they couldn't reach my credit card after my call earlier that day. Then I got the credit card company online to talk with Target and suddenly Target said it didn't matter that my credit card company was happy to take the charge, just Target didn't have any more Switches to sell with pre-orders.

Really uncool to take more preorders than they have inventory to sell! Everyone else is also sold out, so I'm left with no Nintendo Switch, thanks to Target's careless approach to customer service. The honorable approach would have been to ask me to call about any questions they had about my order, rather than cancel it without giving me any chance to give them a different credit card, get the credit card company on the phone, etc.

I bought an iPad in Target since they have $150 off. I went home and opened it, there was two packets of powder instead of iPad. Also the plastic package was thick as compared to other one. I am never going to shop in Target even they have something for free.

I placed an order online, paid for 2-day delivery... Tracking # Target provided was "invalid", never received the order, called them, apologies over and over. I say "REFUND my money to my credit card that I charged it to through PayPal and I am done!" They tell me they don't "refund" to credit card used, they can only issue a "gift card" from Target! Are you kidding me? They keep my money, dictate I am going to shop Target!!! I've reported to PayPal and we are now going after Target!

This store cannot NOT credit back to card you used at online and make you spend that money in their disgusting store!!! Take a stand to not be pushed around by these big stores! Stand your ground! I will never ever support or shop Target. Btw, a few years ago, I hadn't used my Red card for a year and they lowered my credit line, mind you always paid in FULL but by them lowering my line of credit it also lowered my credit score! This store is a thorn in anyone's side. You either spend there or they try to ruin your credit (which it didn't work) but then they want to guarantee you spend your money there by refunding a "gift card"!!!

Identify theft on gift cards. Don't hold on gift cards or return merchandise cards too long. Without you knowing someone can report them stolen/lost and take the balance from you. Target will not do anything once the balance is spent.

Basically I thought I had left my wallet at Target and tried to call them versus investing 45 minutes driving there and back. Their automated phone system is terrible... no matter what selection you make it transfers you then hangs up on you. I tried every possible prompt. I then was able to get through by selecting pharmacy and renew prescription, but I was informed by the CVS employee that they rent that space and they couldn't transfer me or help me. I explained my situation. She put me on hold for 10 minutes and then hung up on me. I called back. She reminded me that she worked for CVS, and I asked her nicely to give my contact information to the store manager. She wrote it down. I waited 1 hour and no one ever called. At this point I am so overwhelmed and frustrated and running out of time. This was not ok. They don't have a working phone system. I called corporate. WOW... no better.

So I spoke with a gentlemen at corporate and explained the entire situation. He put me on hold and said he was going to get a hold of someone at the store. On hold 15 minutes then was hung up on. HMMM... well he spent a good amount of time getting my cell, my email at the beginning of the call. Certainly he will call me back. 1 hour later nothing. So call corporate again. This time I get a new guy. I explain the entire situation to him and he proceeds to tell me I should probably just run over there and if I had hit 0 I would have just gotten the operator. Ok I am about to blow my top at this point as he obviously has not listened to a word I said. I recommended that he put me on speaker phone... pick up another line and try that himself. Instead he put me on hold and guess what he did... yep he transferred me to the broken phone system which promptly hung up on me.

Target your customer service is absolutely terrible. I one believed in you and your re-branding... that you were a higher quality than Walmart with higher standards. I bought stock thinking it would one day soar. Boy am I glad I sold that stock. If you are going to turn off the phones, go ahead and shut off the lights and lock the doors. It's coming sooner than later with awful service like this.

To keep the story short, I was rushing around planning a surprise birthday party for my wife. Target was on my list of places to stop. Completed my transaction there and headed home to do the bazillion remaining tasks I had to do. Realized I didn't have my wallet. Last place I used it was Target. I needed it as I still had many things to buy that day.

Based on an advertisement by Target Stores on a Television, it sounded like a good deal. I researched the brand and found that WalMart had the same Television for $25 less. My wife had a preference for Target based on using the Target "Red Card" for a discount. We showed the Target employee the WalMart price and asked if they price matched, and his response was yes they did. My wife asked if she also got the discount from the "Red Card", and his response was yes. In checking stock the TV was sold out. We asked if they would check if another store had stock. The associate called the store and put the TV on hold. We also heard the associate explain the price match to the person he was talking to (denied by the other store later).

So we drove many miles to the store. We expected a quick simple check out. The store refused to do the price match. Beyond the printout I had, I showed the store manager the WalMart website. The store manager approached us with an attitude, the cashier had to call twice to even get the manager to come talk to us. It was obvious we were getting anywhere.

We walked out of the store furious and actually called Target corporate. We received no help and were lectured about the use of the discount and price matching by the agent on the phone. I pointed out that perhaps all of the lecturing should take place with the people that work at the store since it appeared different stores have different policies. I asked to have someone in management call me. We drove back to the WalMart which was across the street from the original Target store. We purchased the television and were out of the store in few minutes.

I always find it interesting these companies spend millions of dollars in advertising to get you in the store. They would be better served to spend that on training the people in the stores on policies. The consumer has so many choices in retailers. Target won't be getting my business anytime soon. You might be thinking the anger over this is petty. The attitude these people had would have made you angry. My anger is really based on the principle of this. Really no care in the world they wasted my time. My hope is this will spare some other consumer a few hours and a lot of frustration.

Target Stores Company Profile