Target Stores

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I never shop online but this time I decided to give Target online shopping a try because of the big discount vs buying in store. My estimated arrival time was to be on the 12th of June. I checked my email to see that my order was canceled on the 9th of June for not picking up my item in time. I will never be ordering online from target again. At least they should hold people's items until the expected arrival time. I'd rather use Walmart pickup.

I used to work at the Target store at Bayshore Gardens Parkway in Bradenton, Florida. There is a lady named Bonnie ** who works in "Asset Protection." This is about as funny as when they refer to their counterparts at other stores as "business partners." But I suppose for an individual with no formal education or any kind of training, this job at Target is the best thing that ever happened to her. She wants to be a cop so bad she cannot stand it, so she did the next best thing, she married one named Carl ** of the Bradenton Police Department.

I worked at this store and I have see this woman being overly aggressive when apprehending individuals. Although some might see this as an asset, I am amazed that Target has never been sued over the actions of Bonnie **. As you can see from the attached photos she takes her role in "Asset Protection" way too seriously. And it seems odd that she calls for police to apprehend individuals. She either calls her husband or one of his friends. So when police are tasked with whether to arrest someone or not this gives Ms. Jones an unfair advantage and undue influence over the decisions the police make. And although I have seen Bonnie ** lie on her statements, who is going to question her, her husband one of his friends? In addition to Ms. **, the customer service at this store is poor and the people are unprofessional.

Gift card fail. After this point I've been very happy with shopping in the store. However I tried buying $100 gift card online and Target canceled my order and is currently still holding my money. I waited almost an hour with their customer service, only to find out that there was a computer error that canceled my order.

First, I've shipped with Target for YEARS! Went in for outdoor led lights, found my way in the shoe dept. as I always do. I couldn't find my size and the sales associate told me to go online and that they price match! Woohoo... So I get to the register to inquire about it only for them to tell me they don't price match online... Manager tells me to call a store that has the shoe and get them to send it to me. I call, only for them to tell me they can't hold it, not can I pay over the phone... I just have to take the ride and chance them not having it. Called Corporate, they're just as ignorant! No one helped me... Don't Care about the customers at all. Today I called Customer service about the same shoes to order them online (different color).

I tell the guy about the in store price being different from online, he says "No worries, we price match. Hold, I'm transferring you to the dept..." Got hung up on. Called back. Lady told me they did price match. "Let me transfer you," says "Don't worry, you won't get hung up on and you won't have to explain again, because I've already explained it, I just need to transfer you so she can adjust your price". I hold, only for the lady to be on the phone and tell me they don't price match clearance items! Meanwhile, no one ever specified clearance, regular, sale... They just said we price match! Tired of being lied to by Target! Over target. Will never Shop there again after this!

When shopping at Target south in Rochester, MN on Maine St. You must have an app called Cartwheel in order to receive a discount on item that was 20% off. The Target employee told me she would use her phone this time but I had to have the app next time. So what happens if you do not have that kind of phone which can hold a lot of different apps or none at all. So next time this happens I will take my business elsewhere. Where I can get a discount as the store advertised.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

I ordered a bag of coffee and realized that it would take until Friday to receive it. An hour later I called to cancel. I was transferred to a supervisor who put me on the line for 15 minutes just to pick up the phone and hang up. I called again the same thing happened. The third time after much complaining I was finally transferred to a supervisor who picked up the phone. Apparently they cannot cancel orders even if they will not be shipped until two days after you've placed your order. If Target is going to have this policy in place they need to warn consumers before purchase. The long call wait times and supervisors hanging up the phone only proves that they have no interest in helping consumers and the fact that they do not allow their employees to cancel orders when it is in fact very simple to do is just another way Target takes money from consumers.

I placed the order on a Saturday and called exactly one hour later to cancel. It would be one thing if I placed this order on a Tuesday morning during business hours but I placed it on a Saturday evening meaning they cannot do anything with my order until Monday. So yes my order can be cancelled, Target just simply put this in place to make it nearly impossible for consumers to get their money back. I do not advise anyone to order from Target online. Target is a 40 billion dollar company and the fact that they cannot cancel an order that was placed on a Saturday evening and hour after it was placed is utterly ridiculous. Now I guess it makes sense why this company has so much money. They are simply scam artists. Not only that their customer service hides from calls they do not feel like dealing with. I'm absolutely disgusted with the way this company treats their customers.

I would actually rate this place a 0 star. I bought a Braun Shaver from Target San Francisco on 2nd June. I was a tourist so opened the box on arriving back in India. When I opened the box I found that the shaver's body was scratched, the shaver was used, Blade broken, Charger missing and the wrong model put inside. The shaver I bought was 3040 but the piece was of 3010. Was extremely disappointed with the product but could not do anything as I was a tourist. Please check the box before buying things from this place.

I ordered online June 15 and says it will be available on Jun 23rd - Jun 25th. But my order was cancelled on June 22nd. This is really stupid and it never said on my order that will cancel if I didn't pick on what date???

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. I am a devoted Amazon user but decided to give Target a try- never again. I ordered several items in one order, and they were all shipped together in the same box (I thought this was great as less packaging means less waste and better for environment). Unfortunately, in this box they added a laundry detergent that was not properly sealed or bagged, so it leaked and everything in the box got ruined.

I called Target and after going through a lengthy process of emailing pictures and answering a lot of questions, they said that before I was able to receive any refund or replacement, I had to send back the items to them, and after they receive them then they would be able to send new things back. As the box was completely destroyed by the liquid, I had no box to ship all this back to them, and they were unable to send me one to return all these items... Long story short - they were NOT helpful, and tried to tell me some of the things that were ruined were actually not ruined and they would not refund me for. I am never shopping on their website again.

I've been a loyal customer to Target for many years now and always read about the complaints but never quite experienced anything. Until I started online shopping. I ordered an electronic download game as a gift. I have done about three purchases like this and never had a problem. I would receive them about 3 hours later. This time was different. It's been about 5 days and they are not about to locate my "package". I was on the phone with many representatives and I continue to receive different answers. One employee mentioned that I am able to "return" the email. Working in various retail stores I was hesitant to believe her as I've seen these scenarios all the time where the customer is unable to receive a refund. I called moments later and had another associate tell me that no I will not be able to return it.

I requested my shipment to be canceled and was told I'm not able to cancel it unless it was no later than 5 mins after purchasing... 5 minutes??? So we continued a cancellation request. They told me to call back in 24/hrs to see if it has been canceled. I called back only to be told it can take a couple of days. By this time I had no birthday present... I call back two days later... Still no answer if the EMAIL delivery will be canceled or not. The representative said to call back again 24 hrs. I completely lost trust in Target's customer service and ended up checking all my other orders to make sure everything was sent correctly. Come to find out one of the games I had sent to a friend never made it there on MAY 1st. I checked the tracking and it says it's still being processed. It's June 20th...

I've never experienced such terrible service. And customer service didn't help at all. Each person was giving me different answers and false information. What if I listened to the first representative and didn't do a cancellation request and just waited for the package to return it? Now I'm still waiting on the package to be sent to me. Their excuse? "The warehouse has to send it out to you". It's not a physical package it's an email. Why is it taking so long to even find out if it's going to be canceled or not? I bought another game on the actual EA games website and received a code immediately!

Target has gone down in store appearance. The tables have not been folded in weeks, shelves have empty spots, hardly any employees on sales floor. To me, it looks like Target is going out of business but they keep remolding stores. Walmart looks so much better. Their tables are full, hardly any empty spaces and more employees on sales floor. Bottom line, Target needs fresh ideas to bring people into the stores and it needs new Corporate levels of management. People that care about the stores (keeping them full), care about employees (give them more hours to keep store maintained), care about the guest (carry products that people need). Thank you.

I went into Target today to purchase Beauty and the Beast with the Target exclusive 32 page book. However the store I went to was already sold out and so was the other one in town. The clerk was very helpful and said it was available online so I decided to just order it from there. What they fail to mention is the extra $5.99 to have it shipped to you. I feel that if they advertise this as being a Target exclusive then there should be more available in stores then just a few especially considering it just came out yesterday. Called customer service and they were useless. Kept saying that it was the manufacturers who decided how many each store got. Really because it seems to me just a way for them to make more money.

I've shopped for years from Walmart & Amazon online until they decided to use OnTrac as their delivery company. OnTrac is a joke & the complaints all over the U.S. are in the thousands. I spoke to someone in top management at Walmart, I told her that I'm willing to pay a little more for UPS, FedEx or USPS but I couldn't get through her because she (or Walmart) are on OnTrac's side, so I told her, "Let's do this, I will close my account right now and when the CEO decides to listen to his customers maybe I will be back". I spent around $200-$300/month for years and closed my account immediately. I did the same with Amazon. I just ordered online from Target and am very happy, everything arrived sooner than expected, all items were perfectly wrapped and they used UPS. The day they use OnTrac I shall close my account with them as well.

Beware of buying gift cards from Target! If their employees messes up, they're not willing to fix their mess nor support you. I purchased 15 gift cards to award our employees and 2 of them were not activated by the store associate. So, when 2 of the awarded employees used it to pay their purchases in different stores, cards were declined. They called the numbers at the back of the card, they were told cards were not activated. I went to Target where I purchased them and showed them that the receipt didn't show that those 2 cards were not activated among others. 13 cards were fine. I was so frustrated!!! I went there 2 twice and waited for 50 mins each visit with no help done. NOW, I have to deal with each card company for a refund or replacement. TARGET Store sucks!!! NOW, I will also file a complaint with BBB.

My only complaint is store design. Way too much red! Tone down the red! It doesn't help sell anything. Really too much red. Too bright! Why not use say a dark gray on the front interior wall? Walmart uses a lot of blue but at least it's easy on the eyes...

What a zoo for customer service. I had many issues with ordering electronics for a great price on Black Friday. Only received part of the order and even though they still sold the item, they could not send me the item. They would refund my money but not discount the item to equal the Black Friday item.

My son bought his girlfriend a Apple Watch. He paid $400 cash. The girlfriend decided she did not want the watch. My son took it back to Target in about a week and a half after the purchase. Per their policy you have 30 days to return and if they can look up the receipt you get what you paid. They were able to look up his receipt but will not accept the look up because it's cash. They will not give a store credit because of the high dollar amount. He is out of $400. Worst retail experience ever!

Target has the worst service and I feel disgusted by the way I was treated. I have always shopped online and ESP during the holidays. This past holiday, my orders were all screwed up. Some never got to me and some were just the wrong ticket number so I couldn't return it or was sent the wrong item over and over. They informed me to buy stuff at the store and it literally put us in a bad spot right before the holidays and almost messed up the Santa gifts. Regardless, I just tried to purchase stuff from them and they have placed a block on my online account. I am forever blocked from buying stuff online because they screwed up! So because they messed up my Christmas order and they can't get their affairs correct, I get punished for it?

This company is acting like I did something wrong. I'm allowed to shop at stores but not online? I tried to talk with them and explain that this was all on them but they simply don't care and will continue to cancel any orders I make online. How dare Target for treating me like I'm some criminal and banning me for your screw ups! No wonder they have low customer service score and one day I hope everyone will just stop using Target since everyone is treated like garbage. They will continue to lose customers all over due to their actions and mess up. I hope everyone thinks twice before buying from them again! I have spent over 80 hours in total trying resolve all the issues I had with them back in December.

First I would like to say that I am all about Target. I usually love Target and have never had a bad experience prior to today. I shop there at least once a week but today was just awful. I go up to the check out to start putting my clothes and baby food on the conveyor. And first the checker Alex asks me to start taking all of the hangers off of the clothes I just put up there. (Mind you I have about 30+ items of clothing). And "ok fine but where am I suppose to put the hangers" I ask her. She says "just throw them in the cart." Ok. So I do I start taking all of the hangers out and throwing them in the cart I have with me. Then I get to up there to pay and she makes the comment "these are some big clothes". And at that I don't even know what to say. I just don't say anything and keep to myself on that one. And yes I wear Size Large/XL clothing but why the hell is she commenting on it I have no clue.

So then she proceeds to bag everything and looks at me and asks if 3 bags is ok because she can't fit "these big clothes in just 2 bags"??? OK. I NEVER asked her to fit said clothes in the minimum amount of bags possible. If she needed to use more than 2 bags by all means please do so I can at least carry them out to the car without the bags bursting. So now I am taking all of the 4 bags she gave me plump full of clothes and putting them in the cart. Then she asks me if I plan on keeping the hangers that I still have in the bottom of the cart, under the bags now. And I said no I do not. She then proceeds to tell me to take all of the hangers out and put them on the counter next to her. SERIOUSLY.

So now I take out all of the bags again set them on the ground, take out all the damn hangers that she just told me previously to put in the damn cart and move the hangers to the counter. Now put my bags back in my cart and walk away to the customer service desk, I ask to speak to a manager and the guy there gets his manager. Now the manager looked younger than me and I'm all of 24 yrs old. So I tell him that this checker was very rude and that she shouldn't be talking to customers the way she did to me. The manager then says ok, runs to his computer, rings up a 10 dollar gift card, hands it to me, apologizes. I look at him and say I don't want a gift card. I want you to know how your checker is treating her customers so she can possibly receive some more training and not continue to do that. So all he says to me is "ok I will talk to her" and walks away from me. End of discussion. What the actual hell. Worst customer service experience ever.

Anytime I go to a Target I buy numerous items but Evercare refill pet hair large roller are out. Customer service looks them up. They have them in stock but can't find them. Send me to other Target who has them. I get to another Target who are out. Looks them up. Sends me to another Target who has them and doesn't. Not only have I wasted my time but has been lied to. Sure I can buy a new one for 4.00 more and half the sticky paper. I hope this improves. I should not have to go through this headache. Ordering through the internet waiting 2 days and paying 7.00 for delivery when I can go 2 miles from my home and get one or more at that time! Very disappointed.

I have bought two electronics products online from Target.com in the past 8 months. Neither of them were delivered, with a variety of excuses from Target and from their chosen delivery service (A DVR and a watch). They did give a prompt refund on my Target card, but the disappointment of not receiving what I had wanted and ordered will cause me to look elsewhere (other stores and online sales organizations) when I wish to spend my hard earned money.

While trying to place an order via the customer service number I was scammed. They said I had won a hundred dollar rebate, if I would give them my address and full credit card info. They said they needed my credit card info because it costs 4.95 to mail the rebate to me. I said no. The lady continued to ask for my information while talking above me and not listening to me. I said absolutely not. She hung up. I called back, different lady same story. I was told that this is not Target's phone number anymore and still more of them trying to scam me. I got mad and this lady hung up too. I called the store. I was told that Target.com is not run by Target but by a third party. Ugg.

Shame on you, Target! Earlier today we bought $200.00 worth of patio furniture cushions. Turns out they didn't fit correctly so we went to another Target to return them later in the evening. Customer Service sent us to the original Target because they don't do same day returns at a different store. Even with the receipt and all tags on it. What a terrible policy, Target.

I found a TV on sale at Santa Maria TARGET store on April 23, 2017. The sale tag did not say "Limited quantity". It didn't say "One only". My (disabled adult) son was getting agitated, so we left to take him home. I purchased a Target gift card to purchase the TV, dropped off my husband and son at home and returned TARGET but discovered they only had ONE TV and it had been SOLD. A sales associate then offered me the floor model for the full sales price. While waiting for the manager, they sold THAT TV too!

The manager tried to sell me another TV on sale for $100 MORE. She blamed ME for not talking to a sales associate (one hour) earlier. I explained the issue with my (disabled) son and told her had the tag been properly MARKED "ONE ONLY" or "LIMITED QUANTITY", my husband would have taken my son outside and I would have purchased the TV on the spot. She still refused to make it right by offering another TV at the same price or looking for that TV at another store. She was very unkind and not at all understanding of our situation or the fact my son has a very limited income. I contacted the CORPORATE OFFICE and they also offered nothing to correct the situation.

Well I'm never ordering anything off of Target's website ever again. Placed an order, and realized less than 5 minutes later that I goofed on my address. Spoke to someone in the customer service department that said I have only two options- cancel the order, or attempt to intercept it when it ships. Cancelling at that point was the most logical considering it was still processing. But what company doesn't allow you to edit your address within a short period of time after placing the order??? Customer service rep doesn't cancel order. Just got notification that my package shipped to the UPS Woodbury Warehouse.

Third customer service rep said there's nothing they can do until it gets there. So my package was sitting in a Target warehouse for more than 12 hours, and because Target uses a third party for their customer service- it causes more issues for their customers. That's cool. Next time I can only get something on the Target website, I'll just go somewhere else to get a similar product.

My friend took her time to go to Target. She had an event going on at school and she was required to bring brownies. Target usually has brownies in stock every other day, but they didn't have any. That is unacceptable because she took her time to go get brownies but no there wasn't any. So I suggest the next time she goes there better be brownies!!!

While at a campground I ordered an ice maker with express delivery by April 6th. On April 6th they said, "Oops will be delivered on the 7th." On the 7th they said, "Oops will be delivered on the 10th." Well I'm leaving the campground on the 10th! They said they would credit the $25.00 I paid to expedite which was OK except it was in a form of a gift card. Why would I want a gift card if they can't even follow through with what they promised? Target said because I used PayPal they could give me a credit??? I'm furious about this because I use PayPal everywhere I can and have never heard of such a thing. They wouldn't let me speak to a manager or customer relations… if this ice maker is not here by the time I leave the campground then good luck to Target!

I was given a smart watch as a gift which was well over $200.00. The manager had no problem stating that it was purchased at Target, but he refused to give me a store credit and went on saying that I can ONLY shop in the electronics department. I never heard of this type of return before... How can in this day and age with everything going on in retail they can have such strict polices. I guess I will be going to Walmart over Target and will tell everyone about this AWFUL experience... VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Customer service does not care about technical issues with their own system. Even after realizing that our payment didn't go through when we entered it days before. Even after both a thank you and a confirmation page and no error on our side they STILL stuck us with a late fee and interest. When told we would cancel our card if they did not fix their error they said "that's up to you and we can't help you." We still had to pay to avoid collections and save our credit score. Not considerate of their customers at all.

Before ordering the three PC retail games, I chatted with an associate to make sure it was NOT a download from the Internet. I do not have internet at home. I just wanted the CD to download. The associate assured me they (there were 3) were in fact a CD's. I ordered and was sent an e-mail they would be delivered by the 29th. Today is April 3rd, I still had not received them. I chatted with another associate and was given another phone number to call. I called that number only to find out it was the download center and they were updating their system so I could not speak to a person at that time. I called the 800 number for Target, spoke to someone who in turn put my call through to corporate. Corporate office said they could not refund internet downloads and offered me a gift card for my time. Who wants a gift card? I will NEVER use Target again and should have known better to start with!!!

Target Stores Company Profile