2. Shopping

Target Stores

Target Stores
Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5

Target is a big-box store that stocks general merchandise. It allows customers to find pretty much everything they need in one store, saving them time and effort. At Target, customers can find everything from groceries and household essentials to home decor and office supplies. The company provides free two-day shipping on online orders, but customers can pay extra for same-day delivery.

Top Target Stores Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Target provides great value for a wide variety of products. … The seasonal products are often unique and of very good quality. Pet products are priced below Pet Smart & PetCo. Finally, the stores are adequately staffed to assure a swift checkout…

When I need something quick or just to browse and shop ideas are endless at Target… The housing bay of clean shopping carts, clean bathrooms at the front entry and HR resources in view with lots of room, is a strong indication TARGET focuses on their patrons…

Target Stores Shop Now

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

What is Target?

Target is a big-box retailer known for its affordability and wide selection of products. The store boasts everyday low prices, but it also offers weekly deals, clearance prices and other in-store markdowns. Customers who hold a RedCard credit or debit card can save an extra 5% on their purchases. RedCard holders also get exclusive offers and deals to save even more.

Target makes customer experience a top priority. Stores have spacious and uncluttered aisles for both customer comfort and ease of access. Employees frequently perform zone sweeps to ensure shelving is neat and properly stocked.

What does Target do?

Target offers customers a variety of mid- to high-quality products at affordable prices. Customers can find many reliable brands at Target, including Dyson, KitchenAid, Apple and many more trusted names. The company also has its own brands in nearly every category. These brands include Market Pantry, Archer Farms, Threshold, Boots & Barkley, Up & Up and Xhilaration.

With such a variety of brands, Target provides customers with options to fit almost any budget for nearly any purchase. Whether you’re decorating a dorm room, investing in long-term needs for your home, refreshing your wardrobe, prepping for a party or looking to fill your pantry, you can find most everything you need with one trip to Target.

Target prices

The amount of money you spend at Target will greatly depend on the type of purchase you’re making. The grab-and-go area of Bullseye’s Playground at store entrances presents you with neat finds for just a couple of dollars. You can find clothing staples for as little as $5, or build a full outfit for less than $100.

Target carries several brands, so there is something for every budget. For example, if Threshold home decor is out of your price range, Room Essentials might be a better fit. You can find various brands for everything from coffee makers to cookware, vacuums to televisions and more.

Target also regularly offers great deals on their flyer items, and customers can often find in-store markdowns. Regular Target shoppers may want to consider a RedCard to save an extra 5%.

Target FAQ

What kind of a store is Target?
Target is a general merchandise retailer. It’s a superstore that carries a variety of brands, product lines and product types.
How many stores does Target have?
According to the corporate website, Target has 1,880 stores in the U.S. It has stores in all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
Can you order from Target online?
Target does have online ordering. Along with standard shipping, customers can choose same-day delivery, in-store pickup or curbside pickup.
Does Target have stores in other countries?
Target has several offices globally but no other stores. Target attempted an expansion to Canada in 2013, but the attempt was ultimately unsuccessful; all stores were closed by April 2015.

Is Target a good company?

Target is an excellent company to shop with. It prioritizes customer experience, so it’s easy to feel like you’re not in a big-box store while still saving money. Target is a popular choice for almost any shopping need, and you see that popularity across social media. Target carries both popular brand names and its own brands, which means they have products at multiple price points. There are also ways to save, such as the Target RedCard. Overall, Target provides an enjoyable and affordable shopping experience.

Target Stores Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target Stores?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

A great place to shop for all kinds of merchandise for the home. The sheets they carry are of high quality and the price is very comparable to other stores and on sale the price can not be beat. There is a large variety of cleaning products with exceptional pricing. Their collection of baby clothes and variety of useful baby furniture can not be beat. Their selection of exercise equipment is as good and price wise can not be beat. They have a wide variety of electronic equipment to suit anyone needs with pricing as good as other department stores. They have a fantastic online shopping with delivery to store with easy pickup by Customer. Making this a valuable tool to use when a person is in a hurry and wanting to save time. Target has a unique grocery area and comparable pricing on items. I would highly recommend shopping at Target for food prices on items and their 5% discount is a great tool to help make shopping better.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Target's shopper service SHIPT has been a lifeline when my husband & I were both too ill, or the weather was too awful, to get in a car and go shopping! SHIPT has been great. The extra added benefit was to discover online items that I never would have discovered if I was standing in front of the shelves. You can also build your grocery list across a couple of days. It allows you plenty time to create your list from all the possibilities that they will deliver for you. I haven't minded that it might cost me a little more in order to tip my shopper. Believe me they really earn their tips!

Plus after the generous 4 week trial period, I signed up for a $99 subscription, since it had more than proven itself useful. Since I always shopped at Target anyway, I've been able to get familiar products delivered right to my front door. The items are delivered in regular Target plastic sacks, no bulky boxes, and I can get unpacked in a few minutes! I love Target. Their array of products are great, and the SHIPT shopper service is phenomenal.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

Target is becoming my go-to store for almost everything. From groceries, to kitchen and bath necessities, clothes and finally personal care items. I can always count on my favorite yogurt Fage being at my Target store. (Coleman Ave., San Jose, CA). I like Target’s brand of alkaline drinking water. It taste as good as one of the more higher priced name brands. Any household appliance I may need will almost always be found at Target. Lest I forget my personal items. I have found the prices to be very affordable and I appreciate how they stay fully stocked. The only reason I could only answer with number “4” is because of Target’s clothes. Their clothes for women and men are very high priced and I haven’t really found anything there that I like enough to continue to shop at Target for clothes. But Target gets 4 out of 5 stars in my book!! For the most part, I can count on them for most anything needed during my work week.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Target is an excellent shopping venue! I can purchase everything I could possibly need for myself; my household needs and even food for my dog!! I can find cards for family and friends for any and all occasions. Then I can saunter away from the card section and buy a gift for everyone I buy gifts for; from clothes or toys for kids, to games for “older kids”, clothing, books and or new techie gadgets!!! I can also find wrapping paper and or gift bags, all at a reasonable price. If my allergies happen to be bothering me that day, I can go in the pharmacy area and purchase anything I may need there. Then if I need toilet paper, tissue, dishwasher soap, and personal grooming items I can purchase those as well. All during the same trip. I might even see something I want to wear???? Alas, I can purchase items for dinner. After all of that shopping I am typically hungry when I leave the store!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

November 29 I bought toys for my kids. Well December 15 toys go on sale. I go to Target. There was two rude employees at customer service. Told me past 14 days told me bring back items return them rebuy them. Well presents are wrapped so no I’m not unwrapping. I order the same items online for target pickup. I go to target with my son. It’s 9pm. I explained to the associate. I bought the items already in November. Now they’re on sale. I just wanna return the items with my other receipt. The girl didn’t even bring the stuff from the back knowing my son was right there. She returned it. Got my money back. She was so helpful. I’m so thankful. I explained to her how today at 10 am I was there but the other ladies wouldn’t help me. The date today when all this happened was 12/16/19 9pm. Customer service employee name was Erica. She was wonderful. Really helped me out. It was target in Mays Landing.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I received some (2 FREE coupons Up to $5.00 each from Kellogg's) to replace some Pop-tarts that I purchased. I went to Target to get my FREE product. I purchased my things. I give the girl my coupon, 2/$7. Cereal was one of the items I purchased. So I gave the girl my coupons and use my $5.00 free coupon I gave her ..She said, "We don't take these here." I said they are from the manufacturer. They aren't printed, I got them from Kellogg's in the mail. She tried it again and said, "We don't take these." I would have gone to customer service but the lines were long and also people behind me..So I gave her back the cereal. With using the $5.00 off coupon I would have only paid $2.00. That wasn't going to happen/So why if Target won't take those coupons and they sell the merchandise in the store. So I'd like to know what's up with that.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I bought 3 items for shipment. Tide another detergent & mouthwash. Box arrived no name on the box. Looked like package was done by a 10 year old. The items inside all were just placed in the box, no Cushioning between the products, so everything was as upside down & leaked in the box, what a mess. Try to return good luck. Amazon issues a return, you put the item out front and the ups picks it up. Target you have to take it to them, or a designated place. You have to do it.

Not the first time with them. Stores are good, shipping is horrendous. Don’t use this part of their service, it never goes right.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I have visited all Target stores from Camarillo to Ventura, which is about 4 stores. Grocery shelf items are almost non existent. What grocery store doesn't carry normal canned vegetables such as green beans, peas etc. Only if you order them online and pick them up do you get what you need because they don't put these items out on shelves. I found this out at the Camarillo store. Home goods are pretty much empty shelves. Unless you want makeup or pharmacy items, don't waste your time to pay high prices for food items they don't have in stock.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

First off I would like to say that I have been a BIG supporter of Target for 20 years and have always supported them over Walmart. In fact I have never stepped into a Walmart over the last 20 years. With that said this will be the end of my relationship with the Target corporation after the way I was treated. I placed an online order today for some Apple goods and they were cancelled because I used a gift card. I called and they apologized and said it was their mistake and they would get the order replaced. Well after being on hold and transferred to multiple people and finally ending up with a supervisor named “Jose” after multiple hours he said there was nothing he or anyone could do to get the order replaced even though he admitted it was their mistake.

I was not even given an apology. He said to refer to our terms and hung up on me. Before he hung up I asked to speak to a manager and he said there wasn’t one. Really? No managers work at Target? This is the absolute wort experience of customer service I have ever experienced! After being praised by multiple associates that the order would be replaced the supervisor “Jose” said no way no how and hung up on me. I will never step into a Target EVER again. Thank Jose for losing a life long customer. Case numbers are ** and **.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

I attempted to shop in Target on Wade Hampton Blvd. in Greer SC. Many of the employees had a mask that covered their mouth only. About a third of the customers had no mask and no one requested that masks should be worn. There was NO clear sign of reasonable dimension (or I could not find it) that stated that masks are required. With the huge number of new COVID 19 cases in town I expect the local management to clearly support the announced policy by Target Corporation.

Target Stores Company Information