Target Stores

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I went into Target today to purchase Beauty and the Beast with the Target exclusive 32 page book. However the store I went to was already sold out and so was the other one in town. The clerk was very helpful and said it was available online so I decided to just order it from there. What they fail to mention is the extra $5.99 to have it shipped to you. I feel that if they advertise this as being a Target exclusive then there should be more available in stores then just a few especially considering it just came out yesterday. Called customer service and they were useless. Kept saying that it was the manufacturers who decided how many each store got. Really because it seems to me just a way for them to make more money.

I've shopped for years from Walmart & Amazon online until they decided to use OnTrac as their delivery company. OnTrac is a joke & the complaints all over the U.S. are in the thousands. I spoke to someone in top management at Walmart, I told her that I'm willing to pay a little more for UPS, FedEx or USPS but I couldn't get through her because she (or Walmart) are on OnTrac's side, so I told her, "Let's do this, I will close my account right now and when the CEO decides to listen to his customers maybe I will be back". I spent around $200-$300/month for years and closed my account immediately. I did the same with Amazon. I just ordered online from Target and am very happy, everything arrived sooner than expected, all items were perfectly wrapped and they used UPS. The day they use OnTrac I shall close my account with them as well.

Beware of buying gift cards from Target! If their employees messes up, they're not willing to fix their mess nor support you. I purchased 15 gift cards to award our employees and 2 of them were not activated by the store associate. So, when 2 of the awarded employees used it to pay their purchases in different stores, cards were declined. They called the numbers at the back of the card, they were told cards were not activated. I went to Target where I purchased them and showed them that the receipt didn't show that those 2 cards were not activated among others. 13 cards were fine. I was so frustrated!!! I went there 2 twice and waited for 50 mins each visit with no help done. NOW, I have to deal with each card company for a refund or replacement. TARGET Store sucks!!! NOW, I will also file a complaint with BBB.

My only complaint is store design. Way too much red! Tone down the red! It doesn't help sell anything. Really too much red. Too bright! Why not use say a dark gray on the front interior wall? Walmart uses a lot of blue but at least it's easy on the eyes...

What a zoo for customer service. I had many issues with ordering electronics for a great price on Black Friday. Only received part of the order and even though they still sold the item, they could not send me the item. They would refund my money but not discount the item to equal the Black Friday item.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

My son bought his girlfriend a Apple Watch. He paid $400 cash. The girlfriend decided she did not want the watch. My son took it back to Target in about a week and a half after the purchase. Per their policy you have 30 days to return and if they can look up the receipt you get what you paid. They were able to look up his receipt but will not accept the look up because it's cash. They will not give a store credit because of the high dollar amount. He is out of $400. Worst retail experience ever!

Target has the worst service and I feel disgusted by the way I was treated. I have always shopped online and ESP during the holidays. This past holiday, my orders were all screwed up. Some never got to me and some were just the wrong ticket number so I couldn't return it or was sent the wrong item over and over. They informed me to buy stuff at the store and it literally put us in a bad spot right before the holidays and almost messed up the Santa gifts. Regardless, I just tried to purchase stuff from them and they have placed a block on my online account. I am forever blocked from buying stuff online because they screwed up! So because they messed up my Christmas order and they can't get their affairs correct, I get punished for it?

This company is acting like I did something wrong. I'm allowed to shop at stores but not online? I tried to talk with them and explain that this was all on them but they simply don't care and will continue to cancel any orders I make online. How dare Target for treating me like I'm some criminal and banning me for your screw ups! No wonder they have low customer service score and one day I hope everyone will just stop using Target since everyone is treated like garbage. They will continue to lose customers all over due to their actions and mess up. I hope everyone thinks twice before buying from them again! I have spent over 80 hours in total trying resolve all the issues I had with them back in December.

First I would like to say that I am all about Target. I usually love Target and have never had a bad experience prior to today. I shop there at least once a week but today was just awful. I go up to the check out to start putting my clothes and baby food on the conveyor. And first the checker Alex asks me to start taking all of the hangers off of the clothes I just put up there. (Mind you I have about 30+ items of clothing). And "ok fine but where am I suppose to put the hangers" I ask her. She says "just throw them in the cart." Ok. So I do I start taking all of the hangers out and throwing them in the cart I have with me. Then I get to up there to pay and she makes the comment "these are some big clothes". And at that I don't even know what to say. I just don't say anything and keep to myself on that one. And yes I wear Size Large/XL clothing but why the hell is she commenting on it I have no clue.

So then she proceeds to bag everything and looks at me and asks if 3 bags is ok because she can't fit "these big clothes in just 2 bags"??? OK. I NEVER asked her to fit said clothes in the minimum amount of bags possible. If she needed to use more than 2 bags by all means please do so I can at least carry them out to the car without the bags bursting. So now I am taking all of the 4 bags she gave me plump full of clothes and putting them in the cart. Then she asks me if I plan on keeping the hangers that I still have in the bottom of the cart, under the bags now. And I said no I do not. She then proceeds to tell me to take all of the hangers out and put them on the counter next to her. SERIOUSLY.

So now I take out all of the bags again set them on the ground, take out all the damn hangers that she just told me previously to put in the damn cart and move the hangers to the counter. Now put my bags back in my cart and walk away to the customer service desk, I ask to speak to a manager and the guy there gets his manager. Now the manager looked younger than me and I'm all of 24 yrs old. So I tell him that this checker was very rude and that she shouldn't be talking to customers the way she did to me. The manager then says ok, runs to his computer, rings up a 10 dollar gift card, hands it to me, apologizes. I look at him and say I don't want a gift card. I want you to know how your checker is treating her customers so she can possibly receive some more training and not continue to do that. So all he says to me is "ok I will talk to her" and walks away from me. End of discussion. What the actual hell. Worst customer service experience ever.

Anytime I go to a Target I buy numerous items but Evercare refill pet hair large roller are out. Customer service looks them up. They have them in stock but can't find them. Send me to other Target who has them. I get to another Target who are out. Looks them up. Sends me to another Target who has them and doesn't. Not only have I wasted my time but has been lied to. Sure I can buy a new one for 4.00 more and half the sticky paper. I hope this improves. I should not have to go through this headache. Ordering through the internet waiting 2 days and paying 7.00 for delivery when I can go 2 miles from my home and get one or more at that time! Very disappointed.

I have bought two electronics products online from Target.com in the past 8 months. Neither of them were delivered, with a variety of excuses from Target and from their chosen delivery service (A DVR and a watch). They did give a prompt refund on my Target card, but the disappointment of not receiving what I had wanted and ordered will cause me to look elsewhere (other stores and online sales organizations) when I wish to spend my hard earned money.

While trying to place an order via the customer service number I was scammed. They said I had won a hundred dollar rebate, if I would give them my address and full credit card info. They said they needed my credit card info because it costs 4.95 to mail the rebate to me. I said no. The lady continued to ask for my information while talking above me and not listening to me. I said absolutely not. She hung up. I called back, different lady same story. I was told that this is not Target's phone number anymore and still more of them trying to scam me. I got mad and this lady hung up too. I called the store. I was told that Target.com is not run by Target but by a third party. Ugg.

Shame on you, Target! Earlier today we bought $200.00 worth of patio furniture cushions. Turns out they didn't fit correctly so we went to another Target to return them later in the evening. Customer Service sent us to the original Target because they don't do same day returns at a different store. Even with the receipt and all tags on it. What a terrible policy, Target.

I found a TV on sale at Santa Maria TARGET store on April 23, 2017. The sale tag did not say "Limited quantity". It didn't say "One only". My (disabled adult) son was getting agitated, so we left to take him home. I purchased a Target gift card to purchase the TV, dropped off my husband and son at home and returned TARGET but discovered they only had ONE TV and it had been SOLD. A sales associate then offered me the floor model for the full sales price. While waiting for the manager, they sold THAT TV too!

The manager tried to sell me another TV on sale for $100 MORE. She blamed ME for not talking to a sales associate (one hour) earlier. I explained the issue with my (disabled) son and told her had the tag been properly MARKED "ONE ONLY" or "LIMITED QUANTITY", my husband would have taken my son outside and I would have purchased the TV on the spot. She still refused to make it right by offering another TV at the same price or looking for that TV at another store. She was very unkind and not at all understanding of our situation or the fact my son has a very limited income. I contacted the CORPORATE OFFICE and they also offered nothing to correct the situation.

Well I'm never ordering anything off of Target's website ever again. Placed an order, and realized less than 5 minutes later that I goofed on my address. Spoke to someone in the customer service department that said I have only two options- cancel the order, or attempt to intercept it when it ships. Cancelling at that point was the most logical considering it was still processing. But what company doesn't allow you to edit your address within a short period of time after placing the order??? Customer service rep doesn't cancel order. Just got notification that my package shipped to the UPS Woodbury Warehouse.

Third customer service rep said there's nothing they can do until it gets there. So my package was sitting in a Target warehouse for more than 12 hours, and because Target uses a third party for their customer service- it causes more issues for their customers. That's cool. Next time I can only get something on the Target website, I'll just go somewhere else to get a similar product.

My friend took her time to go to Target. She had an event going on at school and she was required to bring brownies. Target usually has brownies in stock every other day, but they didn't have any. That is unacceptable because she took her time to go get brownies but no there wasn't any. So I suggest the next time she goes there better be brownies!!!

While at a campground I ordered an ice maker with express delivery by April 6th. On April 6th they said, "Oops will be delivered on the 7th." On the 7th they said, "Oops will be delivered on the 10th." Well I'm leaving the campground on the 10th! They said they would credit the $25.00 I paid to expedite which was OK except it was in a form of a gift card. Why would I want a gift card if they can't even follow through with what they promised? Target said because I used PayPal they could give me a credit??? I'm furious about this because I use PayPal everywhere I can and have never heard of such a thing. They wouldn't let me speak to a manager or customer relations… if this ice maker is not here by the time I leave the campground then good luck to Target!

I was given a smart watch as a gift which was well over $200.00. The manager had no problem stating that it was purchased at Target, but he refused to give me a store credit and went on saying that I can ONLY shop in the electronics department. I never heard of this type of return before... How can in this day and age with everything going on in retail they can have such strict polices. I guess I will be going to Walmart over Target and will tell everyone about this AWFUL experience... VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Customer service does not care about technical issues with their own system. Even after realizing that our payment didn't go through when we entered it days before. Even after both a thank you and a confirmation page and no error on our side they STILL stuck us with a late fee and interest. When told we would cancel our card if they did not fix their error they said "that's up to you and we can't help you." We still had to pay to avoid collections and save our credit score. Not considerate of their customers at all.

Before ordering the three PC retail games, I chatted with an associate to make sure it was NOT a download from the Internet. I do not have internet at home. I just wanted the CD to download. The associate assured me they (there were 3) were in fact a CD's. I ordered and was sent an e-mail they would be delivered by the 29th. Today is April 3rd, I still had not received them. I chatted with another associate and was given another phone number to call. I called that number only to find out it was the download center and they were updating their system so I could not speak to a person at that time. I called the 800 number for Target, spoke to someone who in turn put my call through to corporate. Corporate office said they could not refund internet downloads and offered me a gift card for my time. Who wants a gift card? I will NEVER use Target again and should have known better to start with!!!

I went to two different Target stores in the Portland, Oregon area today and attempted to purchase a KitchenAid 4 slice toaster. The price was marked $69.99 on the shelf. When I went to the checkout stand the price came up with $0.00 which I knew was incorrect. A clerk came over and was unable to get the price to come up on the self-checkout so she took me a regular checkout stand which came up with the same results. After 5 minutes, still nothing so I told the clerk I would go to another store where I could hopefully get better results. The same thing occurred at the second Target store. It seems that employees do not look at the items they place on their shelves. Never will go to another Target Store. Target Corporate Headquarters doesn't even want to allow you to make online complaints.

The Target store in Pomona, CA was nice and clean. Every employee I came in contact with was friendly and courteous. I came in for my household items as I do weekly. Wal-Mart should retrain their employees and remind them that greeting and assisting customers is a huge part of customer service and their JOB. Wal-Mart employees see you but don't greet or offer any assistance. I will continue to take my business to Target. Where they appreciate my presence.

Went to Target to purchase a computer and the customer service was horrible. The employees were leaning against the counter, chomping on their gum and playing on their phones. Neither one of them looked up to assist me. When I asked about the computers, one pointed and said "over there". They never came over to me and asked if I needed help. I left and bought my computer at Best Buy where they treated me like they wanted my business. Target employees are extremely rude and don't care about helping the store make money.

I have shopped at Target for years but after my experience today they will never get a penny from me. I was approached by your undercover security accusing me of stealing a $10.00 USB cable. Seriously, accusing me while I was shopping and had other items in my cart. Asked me what I did with one item I had in my cart and I then decided to take it out. After this incident I left my cart right there and left the store. I then called the 1800 number and what a waste of time. They did apologize but when I asked what their protocol was for a situation like that. THEY DON'T HAVE ONE. How does a company as big as Target not have a protocol for approaching guests regarding theft. I will never shop there again.

Not up to date about target stores, they don't assist with sales. I had everything set up, I was told going to Target would be wise to finish the sale. I live in Delaware, drove to Salisbury MD... to be told no way that only the Easton store could help!!! You lost a customer!!!

My wedding is March 12, 2017. I placed an order for little girls dress shoes for my daughter to wear with her flower girl dress on Feb 23, 2017. I ordered a size 2 and 3 because I wasn't sure about what size would fit her best. I received my order on March 1, 2017, but instead of getting what I ordered I received a size 3 and 4. Both shoes were way too big for my daughter. If I had received the correct order (size 2) then it would have fit her perfectly.

I called Target.com and spoke to their employee. I explained the situation, and instead of him apologizing for their mistake he said "So you were not able to receive the correct size?" I told him "yes, yes I was able to receive my correct order, but you all failed to send the correct order." He then placed a new order for the correct size, then proceeded to tell me "as a one time courtesy, I'll waive the shipping cost." Seriously? A one time courtesy? For your mess up? I didn't complain, I just said thank you because I just wanted to get the correct size in time for my wedding.

The replacement pair was sent on March 2nd, and I received it March 6th. 6 days before my wedding. I was soooo happy they got here in time, but that happiness quickly faded. I opened the box, and instead of getting the correct size 2 I needed for my daughter, I got a size 3!!! THE WRONG SIZE AGAIN!!! Now I'm 5 days out from my wedding, and there's just not enough time to get another pair shipped to me. Even if there was, I'm not confident that Target would even get it right this time. I'll never order anything from Target again.

Misleading online promotional Gift Card policy - Your online gift card policy is absurd. In no way do you actually save money/earn the promotional award. Scenario: you make a purchase that results in a $5 promotional gift card; the amount due is reduce by $5; your bank account is charged the amount due + an additional $5 for the promotional gift card?! Result: you save $0. I will NEVER again purchase from you. Walmart officially has my business.

I placed an order through Target.com and requested store pick up. We later received an email stating that some items weren't available in the store, and so we opted to have those items shipped to us. We then picked up our items from the store, but two additional items were missing. The store claimed to have no record of the items, even after we showed them our order summary. We then received an email stating that our card had been charged $100.05 since we picked the items up. Our order summary total was $92.26. So we were overcharged and missing 5 items. I went online and chatted with customer service who reports that they couldn't do anything because their system wouldn't update for 24 hours, and requested that we try again tomorrow or call their 800 number because they should be able to issue a refund. I called their 1-800 number and that was even worse.

There was no supervisor available, and they couldn't do anything until they called the store and claimed that there was no electronic record of any of this. I requested an itemized receipt for why my card was charged 100.05 and was told that only a manager could issue a receipt and that one wouldn't not be available until I called back the next day. When I requested that the items that were not included in my order pick up be shipped to me, they reported they would not be able to do that because I had selected pick up. They then offered to place another order for me for store pick up, where I would pay for the items again, and then have to go back to the store and try and pick them up again. As they left it, there was nothing they could do, unless I called back the next day after their system had time to update and a manager was available. I feel like I have wasted a ton of time to to be overcharged and not even receive the items that we ordered.

I bought a 4k tv. Upon my purchase there were problems getting service. When it finally arrived, a manager had to assist in using a code for the register to ring up my item. The next day I opened the box to find a totally smashed tv, I mean smashed screen with a whole in it, the box was perfectly fine. The store had sold me a tv someone had broken and they sold it to me. Mind you they had 7 other tv's in the back. The excuses they gave me were insane. The inconvenience I went through was priceless. This was at the Troy Michigan location. I advise everyone to check every package and never trust a thing management says.

I received a returns voucher for good returned and when I attempted to redeem the voucher I was told if I didn't purchase items to the total of the voucher I would lose my money. The voucher was for $44.00, the goods I was purchasing were $35.00. I was happy to receive another voucher for the balance of $9.00 and was told this wasn't possible, the register did not have capacity to do this.

I asked for a complaint form and was told I would need to go online, the staff member advised they did not have contact details (online or by phone) to give me. The whole experience was disappointing and frustrating. I now have to purchase items I don't need or want to redeem the money I have spent at this business. The Target store was in Hervey Bay, Qld.

I ordered a large area rug for my apartment in November 2015. I never received the rug even though it said delivered. I contacted Target. They sent a replacement that I also never received. After that they would not comply, issue a refund, or resolve the issue. They stole my $300 from me. I never received anything for the money I paid. I contacted UPS. Target and the manufacturer of the rug took so long to respond that the claim was no longer valid. I have called all three parties so many times I cannot even count. It was extremely difficult with Target to talk to someone who even could understand the situation and after over a year I have gotten nowhere. All Target did was block my account from being able to make online purchases.

Target Stores Company Profile