1.19/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Target Stores

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 9, 2017

2293 Target Stores Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Sold a phone. Advised no other fees. Returned to the store to load contacts. Advised will be an additional $30 per month. She does it all the time. Two other associates tell me. When I asked to speak to a manager... Was advised to call market source?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I bought Dirty Devil Vacuum and 2 Year replacement warranty form Target online. Target stores and customer service cheated me with their irresponsible answers. They are not responding and when I called to customer service and visited Target stores also, they said me now they are not having relation with warranty company. If this people are not having relation with warranty, why they had sold warranty to me. I wasted 2 days for this. I lost my pay for this procedure. But not rectified.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I do a lot of online shopping and have recently been shopping more at Target. This company really needs to get it together. Not only are there errors in fulfillment or packaging (damaged items) with a large majority of the orders, but then the customer service received when trying to resolve the issues is just bad. If Target wants to truly compete with Amazon they are going to need to seriously step up their game. A very unhappy customer... once again.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I purchased a book online that is not available in the store. I paid for shipping as well. I was sent the wrong book. I am very limited on funds and only got the book because my son needs it for school. I attempted to return the wrong book to a Target store in an attempt to expedite the right one being sent. All that store wanted to do was refund the price of the book on a gift card meaning I would have to pay for shipping AGAIN. For the record I DID have my receipt.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I ordered something from Target online and the thing is supposed to be store pickup. When I checked my email, I was told my order has been canceled since I did not pick up your item before the time window expired. It is so stupid for Target to handle their business like this. I have been ordered stuff from HomeDepot and WALMART all the time, I have never had any problems with them at all. Only Target runs their business in this stupid way. Well, as long as they keep running business like this, I will not order anything from their website again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

The crew at the Edgewater, CO store is awesome. The store is clean, well stocked, great help. But corporate is not. They are spending much money to get customers in the front door while corp's csr dept and policies are working very hard to get rid of customers. First, they cancel my Red Card because I didn't want their "Visa" card. In trying to fix that with the 800 number they repeatedly hung up on me both before and during the call. I finally had a lady, with a thick accent, who at least told the truth. "I don't know how to help you." When I asked her if there was a manager or someone to help her she said, "There is nothing I can do. Thanks for calling Target Card Services." My experiences with web site and product customer service is equally bad. When I can understand what they say they aren't much help. Too bad. Target was a great store. I have not been able to order what I need 4 times now. I'm done.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Let me just preface this by saying this should have / could have been a huge deal. In 2014, Colorado, my son received a liquid steroid medication from the Target Pharmacy. After giving to my son, we realized that there was an ANTIDEPRESSANT capsule inside of the bottle, with the syrup. I have photos, this was expressed to the pharmacy, paperwork was made etc. We simply told the pharmacy they needed to ensure whatever happened wouldn't happen again to anyone else. Quite frankly I deserved (STILL DESERVE) like one year of free Target **NO JOKE** for keeping this out of the media and not suing. That's strike one - big strike.

Most recently I moved to a smaller town where I have no choice but to do online ordering for my major purchases. I generally LOVE Target's selection and service which is why I order from them. My son received a $200 razor scooter for Christmas from Target. He naturally didn't open it until March because the winters in Missouri suck, and the scooter didn't work. Brand new scooter, Charger didn't worked, scooter didn't work, pain in the rear. Called Target in Lees Summit, spoke with a supervisor, told her I didn't have receipt was purchased for Christmas etc. Drove 40 miles to Lee's Summit to exchange the scooter for one in stock. Was told after this effort that the 90 days had lapsed. They wouldn't accept the fact that a woman THE DAY BEFORE IN A SUPERVISOR POSITION told me they would exchange it. One ANGRY customer. Now I get to deal with the headache of Razor warranty exchange.

Most recently, I ordered a baby gate for my dog to use to keep him away from the cat. The Target website specified under "product details" that the gate had a maximum expansion of 46". WRONG. Gate maxed out at 38" which even read on the box. Got to go through the headache of returning THAT puppy and ordering a new one - all without having the refund for the one I got due to their error.

Then, ordered some adorable Sugarfix BaubleBar earrings. Got the earrings THE EARRING WAS MISSING. IT'S STONE. The stone was huge and how anyone shipped this without realizing is insane. Strike 4. NOW I ordered some soaps as a gift to my mother. After waiting a week got a lovely email stating the truck was damaged so they're not only not refunding my card for 2 weeks (lol) but I have to order a replacement if I want the items. Strike 5.

I was told the most I could receive was a 5% discount off my $20 purchase. Another lol. At this point all I want to do is spread the mission of misfortune treatment that I've received from Target. It's quite frankly unreal. I spend LOTS of money and cannot believe the levels of inconvenience I've faced from simply ordering online through them.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I recently on a Sunday ordered an item online at Target.com. I used an incorrect shipping address that was a old address set as my default address. I called Target as soon as I realized and they said it already shipped. It was Monday on a holiday how can it of shipped? He told me there was nothing they could do. If the address it was sent to sent it back I would get a refund. If not nothing could be done. What type of crappy customer service is that. I have shopped Target many years and online. How they cannot send a message to a carrier to cancel delivery is beyond me in today's shipping days. I will never shop with Target again and too bad for them it's holidays coming and I will be letting co workers know how I was treated and it will spread.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

Low Customer Service at Albany, CA Target Store - While I was with my family in the store, after making payment for some items, I decided to do the second round of shopping for myself, so my husband stayed with my baby and I looked around with the purchased items in the cart. After selecting few items I went to a cashier to pay for them and explained to the cashier that I have already paid for the rest of the items in the shopping cart. She started investigation as a police officer, asking for the receipt! I replied to her that the receipt was with my husband who was in the store at the time and if it was an issue, I could go to the self check out cashier and do my payment by myself and eventually two persons were in the charge of checking the receipts of the customers at the exit, but she didn't stop and called the security loudly at the exit to alert them to check my items!

It was very inappropriate reaction in front of other people in the line. Although, after I requested for seeing the manager, who came and apologized for the situation that happened (offering 50% off on the items that I was supposed to buy), this lady at the cashier was showing attitude to me as if I was wrong! This terrible experience with a low customer service at this store, made me do my shopping online. With an advanced online shopping service, I hope this kind of unprofessional and untrained staff stay home one day to beg for finding the position that they don't appreciate now!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

Target gift cards are a total scam. If stolen, there is NO way to get the money refunded. The phone activation is cumbersome and customer service reps are condescending and proceed to lecture rather than help. NO ONE should ever get one of these. Use your regular credit card, send a check or send cash. Cash has the same risk of being stolen but there is no activation fee.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

While I love Target stores, I feel I can never shop there again. After shopping for two and a half hours in the store picking out items for my classroom, baby showers, home and even groceries upon checkout I was told Target was refusing my check for $356.25. I called the number on the back of my refused check and was told it was due to results of "history" of purchases or lack thereof. Two months prior I had a visit where I spent $280 and I did the month before that also. I am confident history would show I, in fact, always spend right about $300 at the start of the school year. Is it the discrepancy of $70 between amounts? Is it due to policy to not accept personal checks over $350? Easy solution: make that known to employees and to consumers to avoid the humiliating situation I found myself in. Is it because Target's ability to save customer "history" extends to one-month increments?

Again, over the years start of school is a big spender for me especially with children in college. Is it because corporate hopes to choke out personal check writing with the Target debit card attached to my checking account? I was humiliated as I had more than sufficient funds in my account, yet Target refused my check. I do not want a store card attached to my checking with so much hacking as a possibility. Please do check into my history, Target corporate, as you will find I often spend upwards of $200 on visits.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

My experience at Target self checkout was extremely uncalled for. The security guard watched us put our items in bags. Watch this with large items. Watched the cashier help us with the large items and sign out and pay for our items. We're carrying large Pampers all types of things. He's watching us do this standing right next to us and then as I put my wallet away he proceeds to ask me for the receipt. I refused because I said "you stood there. watch the whole transaction. I want the manager." Manager came out. He apologized, said "the security guard was doing his job." I said "What his job was to watch me. He did that once I put my stuff away and I'm carrying all these large items. I do not wish to take it back out." Unnecessary profiling.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I have a problem with an order from Target.com online (https://www.target.com). Its delivery date as noted on their online system keeps moving back, so I contacted their customer service to find out what's going on and when I will get my item. It is now several days past the original due date. Target's customer service has a chat facility and a phone number, and I have tried to get resolution from both to no avail. I tried the chat facility twice: Yesterday, Frank guaranteed it would arrive today. It is now about 9 pm and it's not here. Today, Andrew told me that all he can do is see that the product is available, but reps in the chat facility do not have access to warehouse info about why it has not shipped or when it will ship (So, was Frank lying to me when he said he could see that it had shipped and would get to me today?). He said I had to call their customer service phone number: 1-800-591-3869.

So I tried that phone number twice. Both times, the person I was talking to failed to have any resolution information, and they said they had to put me on hold. Then after I was on hold for about 10 minutes, I heard someone pick up the line and disconnect the call. The two people I talked to were named Rey and Emman.

In short, Target's customer service is a cruel joke.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Target REDcard rep informed me they would not remove my checking account information from their records when I closed my account today. Further, Julie employee **, a call center supervisor, told me there was no other number I could call to discuss it. If I have an issue I'm to write: Target Card Services, Mail Stop NCB-0461 PO Box 673 Minneapolis MN 55440.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I bought some DVD online and printed a return receipt. The return receipt says return by September 8, 2017. But when yesterday I went to store to return it, they said I cannot return since it’s outside of return date. I said "It’s not. Your return receipt says by September 8, 2017." Talked with Target.com and they are refusing too.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I shop at the Glendale Target located in Indianapolis. Tonight, I visited the store to pick up a few items. At checkout there was a total of two cashiers open. There were many customers in line. The head cashier, or whatever title he holds, saw that there many people in line and he just stands there. He served one person, never turning his light on, then he walked away and went over to customer service desk. He returned and there were multiple people in line and still he just stands there never opening a lane. I'm in line now for about 15 minutes when I finally get to the cashier.

While I'm checking out he goes to a register and starts checking out several Target employees. It was incredulous! I got his name, Steve. I'm calling Target and making a customer complaint! The cashiers are typically nice but Steve needs to be made aware that people expect good service and he needs to step up. I shop almost exclusively at Target for my household needs. I don't appreciate waiting 20 minutes when it's obvious that he could help out when the lines get too long. I'm pretty sure that is his job!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Product ordered for delivery to Santee, Ca. store and 20 days later, not received at the store although online page said available 2 days after order placed. It took 2 phone calls and 2 online chats to find out it wasn't received at the store. Cancelled order and found out that a hold was placed on my funds when I ordered, and it will be 7 to 10 days before they will release my money back to my card. Never could print my order. I just got a blank page printed out. Twice. DO NOT USE TARGET'S ONLINE ORDER SYSTEM. Go to some other site because others have the same stuff that Target has and they have way better service.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I purchased a gift card from someone's registry and they never got the email with the gift card. Called Target and they said they resent. Still the person did not receive it. Called back to get my money back and now they said they can't refund money.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Purchased from Target a Miramar 5 piece fire pit table & chairs. When wanting to use for first time this past spring, there was no hose to go from propane tank to table connection. Target told me they could not help!!! I have spent all summer calling & talking to people who just can't find the right hose!!! How can this be!!! So now I have a fire pit table that is not one???

Original review: July 30, 2017

The Target at Skyview, Flushing has the worse customer services ever!!! Once, I visited the toy section with my one year old boy, we were just looking around to see which toy to buy. One male target sale just passed by very fast and said "don't play if not buying" and left. I was like excuse you??? Not to say that we didn't even play, how the hell you know I'm not buying!!! I wasn't able to complain since the guy just said it and passed by very fast. I went there again to buy diapers again. The cashier didn't give me the gift card. When I tried to show her the picture of the deal, she didn't even look and just tell me the computer didn't pop up the gift card and I need to go to another side to ask. Don't you need to check on that? I didn't want to waste my time so I said I would like to return. She told me I have to go to the other side too!!! What a waste of my time!!! I'll never go there ever again!!!

Original review: July 28, 2017

I went to Target to get uniforms for my girls because I saw that they were having a sale. So I found some polos that my girls seemed to like and I was going to buy them, I didn't know if they were the ones on sale for $5.00 instead of $7.00. I went to the scanner to make sure it was the price the sale said and it was the sale price for $5.00. I looked online as they didn't have all of the colors needed for school and the price was different. So I asked an associate and she said maybe because it had a pocket but I didn't understand that so I went to customer service and she said that it should be the same price no matter what color, even if I ordered them online, she actually looked up the numbers online so it would be easier for me to order the ones that I needed. As I tried to order online they still were the wrong price.

So I went to another Target and asked customer service about the shirts, she scanned it stating that they were the price I thought and she told me to call the number online, so I did while still in the store. After going through 3 people, the last person finally helped me and I explained the prices were not the same, what I have been through, etc. After being told that all Targets and online don't have the same prices and they don't have to honor the price differences.

After I explained that it doesn't all make sense. He finally said that he would give me the colors that I needed for the shirts for the sale price. He wanted me to pay for them online right then but I said I couldn't as my mother was going to buy them for me, I could call back tomorrow and pay for them.. He said, "Okay I will give you a confirmation number." I said, "Do I need to call back and ask for him or could I talk to anyone", he said, "No just give them the number and they could help."

I decided to call back about 3 hours later and not only get the 4 shirts plus 2 extra shirts. I had to explain my whole story over AGAIN because the man that helped me before didn't write any information or comments. After explaining to the lady, she tells me that they can't honor the sale price and what the man told me wasn't valid, no Target has those shirts for the prices that I said that they were and they can't even give them to me for that price. I asked to talk to the Manager and after all he said the same thing all over again. I asked them to call the 2 stores to check the prices for the shirts but he said the prices for the shirts for the stores were online and it didn't say anything for $5.00 per shirt and that the $7.00 they were marked were the right prices. I told him that the man that helped me should get reprimanded for the wrong information that was given by him and I said their customer service sucks.

I have been a manager myself and I have been in the customer service and I have always been taught the customer is always right and you should solve the issues with them right away. It is mind blowing how they treated me and the situation and how it was not much of a big difference in price at all to change. They should have tried to work with me and try to solve it. This is the worst customer service that I have ever had in my whole life and I will never, ever go to Target again. I can't believe they treat people like this and get away with it, I wouldn't want anyone to even work for Target.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I was in the Prattville store on 7/20/17 for school supplies. I had the best time ever. One of your employees and I hope I get the name right (ZINNA) was so helpful. Although she was putting up product she let me know if I needed anything let her know, and she did just that. I will be shopping at Target more often. Just want to say: ATA BOY. Thanks Again for a Great Experience.

Original review: July 21, 2017

In December I ordered a game from Target Online. Someone in the warehouse typed my information wrong and sent my package to the wrong address. My house number was 305 but someone the warehouse typed it as 304. I called and called and tried to talk to the persons in India who they have outsourced their calls for. So much for Target supporting American jobs. Anyway, I ended up having to go to the local post office to get my package a week late. Seven months later I ordered some school clothes and YEP YOU GUESSED IT... they sent it to 304 again. I was on the phone for over an hour. They hung up on me twice. And again I am going to have to go to the local Post Office and get my package. Well maybe. I WILL NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM TARGET ONLINE AGAIN.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I placed my first online order with Target.com, buying about $600 worth of curtains that were on a 24 hour sale. I received a confirmation order with arrival dates. I did not receive the items, so logged in to my account to check on the status. The order was cancelled. They did not notify me of this (by phone or email). I called to ask why, she asked for all of my billing details, and then asked for a different email address. I said, "no, you have my email address, why do you need another email address?" (they have had absolutely no problem sending me spam all day to this email address). She said the order was cancelled (um, yeah, I know). She said that she could not provide me any information about why my order was cancelled. I asked to speak to a manager. She said she was the highest up person and could give me no details.

So I chatted online with support, with another person (Phil), and asked him to honor the discount (approximately $250 for the items), he said he would, and then abruptly hung up the chat. So I chatted with yet another person (Lily), she told me to call and ask for the Order Verification Dept. So I called Order Verification, and spoke to (Carmelo). He said he could not help me and that they would cancel all future online orders that I place. Um. WHAT? I cannot place ANY online orders from Target, or they will cancel them. For reasons that they will not tell me. My credit card is not declining the orders. They are refusing to offer me service. Are they discriminating against me? For Shame.

Original review: July 18, 2017

For the first time I am really disappointed with the Target and the inconsistency with information regarding available products for sale. I have bought a crib and painted and decorated my nursery according to this set and went back to get the dresser that matched the crib that I had bought just weeks earlier. I contacted Target and the manufacturer and they both told me It was not available and they told me they confirmed by the vendor that it was discontinued in the color I needed. It caused me to be very distressed during my pregnancy I was really looking forward to having this matching set. The store has it displayed with the other color as a option to get, saying it is available. so I preplanned by nursery around this when it's really not available. I have contacted different Targets, the online Target help center, the Facebook help center, and actually Delta children's manufacture and everyone is told me the same thing.

I really feel that is false advertisement when it says that it's in the store available then come to find out it wasn't. Despite the information I was given I continued to search for the project and try every day a few times a day and then and then it just so happened one time I did try it and it allowed me to put it in my cart and purchase it. I was so fearful I would get a email saying the same thing every one else told me. Then my husband contacted another Target email that we had found and they told him it actually was available just by online ordering. So we ordered it don't have it yet but hopefully we get it and not given the wrong information AGAIN. Which I'm so confused being told by like 7 different people it wasn't available? Bottom of the line I am so relieved that I am able to get it in the end, but that was so much stress that shouldn't of Happened... I am spending a lot of money at Target and it's just very disappointing...

Original review: July 11, 2017

I never shop online but this time I decided to give Target online shopping a try because of the big discount vs buying in store. My estimated arrival time was to be on the 12th of June. I checked my email to see that my order was canceled on the 9th of June for not picking up my item in time. I will never be ordering online from target again. At least they should hold people's items until the expected arrival time. I'd rather use Walmart pickup.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I used to work at the Target store at Bayshore Gardens Parkway in Bradenton, Florida. There is a lady named Bonnie ** who works in "Asset Protection." This is about as funny as when they refer to their counterparts at other stores as "business partners." But I suppose for an individual with no formal education or any kind of training, this job at Target is the best thing that ever happened to her. She wants to be a cop so bad she cannot stand it, so she did the next best thing, she married one named Carl ** of the Bradenton Police Department.

I worked at this store and I have see this woman being overly aggressive when apprehending individuals. Although some might see this as an asset, I am amazed that Target has never been sued over the actions of Bonnie **. As you can see from the attached photos she takes her role in "Asset Protection" way too seriously. And it seems odd that she calls for police to apprehend individuals. She either calls her husband or one of his friends. So when police are tasked with whether to arrest someone or not this gives Ms. Jones an unfair advantage and undue influence over the decisions the police make. And although I have seen Bonnie ** lie on her statements, who is going to question her, her husband one of his friends? In addition to Ms. **, the customer service at this store is poor and the people are unprofessional.

Original review: July 9, 2017

Gift card fail. After this point I've been very happy with shopping in the store. However I tried buying $100 gift card online and Target canceled my order and is currently still holding my money. I waited almost an hour with their customer service, only to find out that there was a computer error that canceled my order.

Original review: July 7, 2017

First, I've shipped with Target for YEARS! Went in for outdoor led lights, found my way in the shoe dept. as I always do. I couldn't find my size and the sales associate told me to go online and that they price match! Woohoo... So I get to the register to inquire about it only for them to tell me they don't price match online... Manager tells me to call a store that has the shoe and get them to send it to me. I call, only for them to tell me they can't hold it, not can I pay over the phone... I just have to take the ride and chance them not having it. Called Corporate, they're just as ignorant! No one helped me... Don't Care about the customers at all. Today I called Customer service about the same shoes to order them online (different color).

I tell the guy about the in store price being different from online, he says "No worries, we price match. Hold, I'm transferring you to the dept..." Got hung up on. Called back. Lady told me they did price match. "Let me transfer you," says "Don't worry, you won't get hung up on and you won't have to explain again, because I've already explained it, I just need to transfer you so she can adjust your price". I hold, only for the lady to be on the phone and tell me they don't price match clearance items! Meanwhile, no one ever specified clearance, regular, sale... They just said we price match! Tired of being lied to by Target! Over target. Will never Shop there again after this!

Original review: July 2, 2017

When shopping at Target south in Rochester, MN on Maine St. You must have an app called Cartwheel in order to receive a discount on item that was 20% off. The Target employee told me she would use her phone this time but I had to have the app next time. So what happens if you do not have that kind of phone which can hold a lot of different apps or none at all. So next time this happens I will take my business elsewhere. Where I can get a discount as the store advertised.

Target Stores Company Information