1.97/5
Based on 193 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 21, 2018

2445 Target Stores Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 21, 2018

I purchased a desk and hutch set. The items delivered were damaged. I returned the desk and after two months a new desk arrived and this desk was damaged as well. Dealing with Target was the worst experience I have had in Customer Service. The desk chair seat made of faux leather, has already started to peel, I have owned it for less than a year. These products and the prices that I paid for them are of poor quality. I have found in all the years that I have shopped at this store, most of the products that I buy, are of poor quality. They do not stand by their customers or their products. I have finally chosen to cancel my Target Red Card and I will not shop at Target again. I refuse to throw away my finances on a store that sells products that are not worth what you pay for them.

Original review: May 17, 2018

My whole family love Target very much. We always go to White Plains, NY location. Customer service people are so polite and always very professional. Always recommend my friends to go to Target.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2018

On May 5, 2018 at 11:49 a.m. I placed an online order for a gift to be sent to my granddaughter. When it was placed the time showed delivery estimate of 5/12-5/14. After placing it gave an estimate of 5/17-5/18 which is too long. I went on the website 20 minutes later and tried to cancel but it would not allow me to. I went to their online chat and was told it could not be cancelled that it processed for shipping at 12:19 p.m. She said to just return it. There is no Target where it was being shipped. She told me to call customer service.

I called and they told me to refuse the package or have someone pick it up for return. This is a big inconvenience for the person receiving it. It also means my money will be held up for several weeks. It is 3:23 on 5/8/18 and the item still has not shipped (3 days later). I contacted them again and was told the vendor needs extra processing time. There is no reason this could not be cancelled if in 3 days it still has not shipped.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Target Store in NE Portland at Cascade Parkway is refusing to accept bottle and can returns without a receipt. I spoke with Target Corporate guest services about this situation before heading to the store with less than 20 cans & plastic bottles for bottle return refund. The person from Target Corporate looked up the law and stated I would not need to bring my receipts that the store must comply with the rule, however the AP manager on duty refused and refused to call Target Corporate to confirm they had spoken to me.

The state of Oregon law states if they sell the brand even if it was not sold by that store they must accept returns. I called their corporate office before I left and the specialist I spoke to backtracked and stated the District Manager from Target for this area authorized this change in policy. I did purchase 95% of beverages with bottle return refunds from this Target and shopped there weekly for most all of my groceries. As of today due to this experience, I will no longer be a Target customer. Not only did they violate the Oregon Bottle Bill they treated a loyal customer poorly.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I like the ease of ordering, quality products at competitive prices at Target Stores. Assortment of toys and games is awesome! Would recommend Target to all of my friends and family.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: May 3, 2018

I ordered a item online before their cut off time to process orders (7:00 pm) and the online order said the item would be available that same day, but to wait to receive a confirmation email to pick up. I didn't get one that night or the next morning so I called to see if I could pick up on my lunch break. After waiting at least 10 minutes on hold, because they couldn't find my order, the girl came back and said the order was canceled and she's not sure why but that I would have gotten an email. It's been 2 days since then and no email. Target was just going to cancel my order and not notify me. I had to order it again to have it shipped since the item is not in stock now (if this order wasn't for my son, who choose it, I wouldn't have ordered it again). Word of advice, call even if it says your order is ready so you don't waste your time.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Bought an item in March, didn't need, went to return it, first of May. Was told could not be returned, it was after 30 days. Since I live quite a ways away from store I don't get there very often. Was very surprised at only 30 day return policy. Most other places I shop are a lot longer. Guess I won't be shopping there anymore. Maybe if it is an emergency and I absolutely have to shop there I will and then I'll still think twice about it. Not a pleased former customer!

Original review: May 2, 2018

Target finally decided to jump into the online market. Unfortunately they forgot to check on best practice metrics. They are so far behind, not sure they will ever catch up. AND they don't have a process to provide feedback so the poor guys and gals answering the phone get the brunt of our frustration. I ordered four days ago. After I ordered, one of the items was not available, so I said I would pick it up. The big "BUT" came when they said I had to pick it up in 24 hours or it would cancel (did not tell me that before the order). So I cancelled that item. Then, no communication on the other items.

I logged into the account only to find one item was "preparing to ship" and would not arrive for another 1 1/2 weeks. Really... An in stock item takes over two weeks! Target does not share the shipping number, so the estimated delivery date on the other item was wrong. I used to love Target and appreciated their community based commitment. Not sure who is in charge now, but they are working in the last century! Guess I won't be buying stock anytime soon!

Original review: May 2, 2018

I created baby registry and when I was ready to purchase "remaining items on my registry" with the 15% completion discount they sent me in the email, I found out more than half of my items were out of stock! What a joke!!! Their registry and whole completion discount is a joke since I can't even get the items on my registry because somethings is always out of stock and I will not come back to check if it is finally in stock and have to pay full price and shipping. I will use Amazon or eBay, because Target sucks and I wasted hours on their chat trying to fix their mess.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I have found over the years that Target employees would lie or any other underhanded thing just to make a sale. No matter how bad they left the customer feeling as long as they made the sale that's all that mattered. It has got so bad I turned in my Target credit card and have not entered the local Target since.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I would of liked to access the sale on Target cartwheel much easier than I actually did. Have to have for sale no discount without app. Still enjoyed shopping.

Original review: April 28, 2018

All of the stores that I have made purchases are great. They have great websites, easy check out and reasonable prices. They make shopping very easy and simple with great merchandise.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I love the ease and simplicity of ordering from Target. The products have always been good. The shipping is on time. You can easily know when your shipments will arrive. I have bought many things from them over the years. I like their online better than the store. They have a lot of great choices.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I once used Target every week, sometimes more often for everything from garden to personal items. I would place an order at work and it would be ready for pick up on the way home the same day, it was great. Something changed around 2 years ago and they became very unreliable. First it was a furniture set I saw in their weekly ad. I place an order on the day the ad was delivered. I had a confirmation it was received, and told to hold for a pick up date from their Woodland Ca store, then nothing... I followed up many times by phone, and email both with the store and with CSR's and had an extremely hard time finding help or information.

This was unusual for them, at that time. After about 6 weeks I was notified that the set wasn't available. I have since had similar experiences on several occasions. A confirmation of the order means nothing anymore. I have had to go to the store for pick up to discover the item wasn't there. I only use them now if it is something I can't find elsewhere or their price is dramatically lower, I rarely trust them anymore.

Original review: April 25, 2018

This was my first ever order with Target.com. The order got split into three separate shipments, which was not expected, but not necessarily a problem. The first package had only one item in it, which arrived in good condition. The second package arrived with many damaged items, including dented plastic bottles, squashed boxes, and spilled cleaning fluid. Clearly the items were not packaged with care as they were able to slide around very easily and bump into each other, never mind the cleaning fluid bottles whose spray nozzles were just barely screwed on.

I called Target about this and they took my detailed feedback and refunded me for the spilled cleaning fluid. However, the following day I received the third and final package, again containing only one item. Unfortunately, this item was dented with its plastic wrap shredded. I tried calling Target again but there was a reportedly long hold time so I gave up. After this experience I realize I cannot trust Target to mail any sort of items, liquids or otherwise.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I do all my shopping online. I just love being able to place an order for an item, and pick it up at my nearest store within hours. The entire process is so easy!

Original review: April 23, 2018

I love shopping at Target in general. They have great prices and everyone is friendly. Their apparel team is incredible! They are very friendly and are always willing to help me when I go into the store. Everyone is so personable there and it makes me want to shop there every time I need something.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Each time I've ordered from Target, it's arrived faster than anticipated. Never had an incorrect item and the sale specials are easy to find and navigate thru their site.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Manager at the Clarksville, TN Target store denied access to a small group of children with special needs to be able to go there on a field trip and shop, price check to learn how to shop on their own. Manager stated he did not want children there, they would disrupt other shoppers.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Target.com shipped the wrong product twice and they now say the product is no longer available on the website. The customer service is lacking with no offers to fix or help correct the problem. Since Target.com is different than the store, Target is unable to help as well. Very disappointed with Target.

Original review: April 10, 2018

PLEASE READ/ TARGET. Just had the worst experience at Target in San Jose, Saratoga Ave. I accidentally walked in the exit door while the cart attendant was pushing several carts in. The door was open and I just wandered in walking behind him. He (THOMAS) shouted "GET OUT!" I was startled but said I had just mistakenly followed him in, he then shouts, "Get the 'F' out." I was stunned and walked out to the entrance door and walked back in. He then tells me, "EAT ME," 2 times! I am beyond upset. I thought he may be mentally challenged so I inquired. I was told he was not. I went to HR/Rachel. Let's see what happens. I loved Target but now afraid to go there. It may be a stretch, but too many things happen in our crazy world. I think he should be terminated. I asked security to check the tapes to verify what happened. What would you think if an employee spoke to you this way? Angry.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I had the unpleasant experience of dealing with a ** manager at the Target in Beavercreek, Ohio store today. It was abundantly clear to me that he has a problem with ** people. In my opinion, he discriminated against me because of my skin color. So sad. No person of any skin color should put up with this abuse and lack of customer service training.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Target is my favorite store. Love everything about it. Until the first time I ordered my nursery furniture and got the wrong items, made it much more of a hassle than I could have ever expected!! Not happy.

Original review: March 30, 2018

My message to Target (after calling and getting a pointless answer): I was trying to pay off my account and the payment was returned due to having one digit off in the online account. I called to check and was told everything was fine, that the payment would clear soon. The next day I was charged a $27 return fee. When I called, I was told that nothing could be done. So I am essentially being charged $27 for a simple mistake which was getting one digit wrong when I entered my bank account. The customer service rep (who said she was the supervisor when I asked to speak to one), informed me that nothing can be done. I recommended a coupon or store credit just to keep customer relations positive. She repeated that nothing could be done. This is horrible customer service, that I would never expect from Target. I am highly disappointed and a bit shocked.

I am requesting some sort of remedy, whether an account credit, e-gift card, or even a coupon just to feel like a valued customer who isn’t being penalized for entering one number incorrectly. Otherwise, I am seriously considering closing my account. I feel undervalued and disrespected by your employee who didn’t even attempt to give a remedy. I will also be documenting this experience on Yelp, Consumer Affairs, and the Better Business Bureau websites if there isn’t a satisfactory resolution.

Target’s pointless response: "We're sorry for your disappointment with the service you received. Unfortunately, we're unable to remove the returned-payment fee from your account. We understand that this may not be the outcome you were looking for, but we hope you understand that we must remain consistent with our credit policies in fairness to all our account holders. Also, we're sorry to hear that this would drive you to close your account. We want you to know that once your account is closed, it can't be reopened.

If you wish to proceed, please give REDcard Guest Services a call at (800) 659-2396. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your enrollment in Manage My REDcard stays active until you cancel it, so you'll still have online access to your account. You're a valued guest, and we hope you'll consider shopping at Target again. Take care." ***All I was trying to do was pay off my bill, this is why Amazon is thriving and other stores have issues, lack of any type of care for customers.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Parking is challenging at this location and the checkout lines are sometimes long. But this store is clean, well organized, and the staff is nice. The prices are reasonable for most items too. I primary purchase cleaning supplies and toiletries for myself and my parents.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I have always done a lot of my shopping at Walmart but since the Target here now has meats, produce and groceries I decided to try them. I was extremely happy since their meat is really good and more of the checkout lines are opened up when there is a lot of customers checking out.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I enjoy shopping at Target & feel like they have good prices for my purchases. Returns, when necessary, are easy. We buy groceries there as well. We love having all the choices. I do order some things online & delivery is great.

Original review: March 27, 2018

The store's layout is spacious, aisles are not narrow. I can go to Target and buy clothes, toys, electronics, sports equipment, my prescriptions and groceries. It's amazing.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I love shopping at Target, both in the store and online. Their stores are always clean & bright, and the selection in housewares' wonderful. What is especially nice is they conveniently have price scanners throughout the store, so you do not have to go find an employee to look up the price. Also, shopping online for pick-up is a very convenient service!

Original review: March 25, 2018

A clean, well lit facility that offers plenty of parking, friendly service and reasonable prices. When needing help to find a product, an employee was close by so I didn't have to trek all the way to the front.

Target Stores Company Information