Target Stores

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered a timelord slipcase online for a Xmas present and when I clicked the order button it said pre-order which I thought meant a copy would be reserved for me when they became available. Not the case. About a week before Xmas I get an email saying they are back ordered and I won't get it till Jan 10. I click to accept and Jan 10 comes around I hear nothing, Jan 11 I get an email stating it was still back ordered and we would receive it by Feb 14. Pretty ridiculous for something that I PRE-ORDERED in early December. Will never shop at Target again.

I made a purchase online with Target's website and never received a confirmation email. When I called to ask that a confirmation with tracking be sent to me I am informed they have an incorrect email address for me and, they tell me the order information can't be altered once it is placed. I now have no information about my order or when it will arrive. When the package finally arrived (bookshelf with drawers on the bottom) it is so damaged that it can't be assembled. I called customer service to set up a return and I was told to leave the package on the front porch and UPS would pick up the package and bring a shipping label. The associate (a supervisor at this point) tells me that he will personally email me the new tracking information since the email they have on file is incorrect. There was nothing more for me to do other than leave the package outside. Two days later the package is still on my porch.

I call customer service AGAIN to let them know the package was never picked up. I explain the situation, I am put on hold, and then HUNG UP ON. I then have to call back, and go through the entire process again, wait on hold for another 20 minutes just to repeat my entire story. This time I immediately asked for a supervisor. This is now the fourth time I have tried to call. After the supervisor puts me on hold for another ten minutes, I am transferred to a new department. I am told there is no confirmation number for the pickup and that my replacement has already been shipped. (I thought I was going to get a personal email from the last supervisor with my new tracking for the replacement. I guess that isn't happening either.)

I am told that they will issue me $15 gift card for my trouble and the associate I am speaking to will personally call me back in a few minutes with the date and time of my package pick up. That was four hours ago and I still have not heard when the package will be picked up. Can anyone from Target explain to me why this has to be so complicated? You process hundreds of returns and exchanges everyday and yet somehow this one is just TOO HARD.

Horrible service. Several instances but the most recent was this example: I ordered an item through their online ordering system for in-store pickup. When I got there (after the customer service rep made me switch from one line to another AT THE SAME CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK) they seemed confused that there was such a thing as ordering for in-store pickup. She told me that it needed to be paid for but I explained that I had paid for it online. After insisting that was impossible and that I would need to pay for it I asked for the manager. She avoided that request completely and checked into it with another representative. When she came back she (very rudely) insisted that the credit card was not charged until I had checked "accept" on the transaction. As if the difference is enough to argue with a customer over?

My point was that I didn't need to pay for it there at the counter when I had paid for it (or apparently SET UP payment) online. Topping that off... They had not even set aside the item even though I had received an email confirmation that it had been done. P.S. I used a fake name/address for this review as I did not want my email flooded with advertisements... AGAIN.

They charged my check card for more than I suppose to by charged. Even the delivery they promised that I received a refund for it because they canceled my order twice before they processed instead I was stolen.

Target is very convenient with groceries and a pharmacy on site, I do 90% of my shopping at Target. As a general rule they have whatever I'm looking for and at a reasonable price, but there are times - I pick something up and my jaw hits the floor because the price is outrageous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

I did use Target on occasion (notice as of now it's past tense) and generally when I do the amount is generally several hundred dollars. Today the amount was equal to that and some. The amount of purchase was 1/20 of the amount in my checking account. Yet Target arbitrarily decided not to honor my check which left me thoroughly embarrassed with many people in line. I will never return. There is always JCPenney or Bed, Bath and Beyond. Target needs to learn that a dissatisfied customer tells 7-10 other people where as a satisfied customer tells but one maybe two others. I'll never go back.

I bought a NutriBullet at Target and a protection plan with it and now they refunding my protection plan and nobody is able to tell me why. I swear they have the worst customer services. ** Target. Don't buy here.

I bought 6 gift cards before Christmas on 18th December, and on 22nd December I scratched two gift cards and saw there was only $10 and $1 where that should be $500 each. I called them right away and after 15 minutes of investigation they told me those cards are used in California but I'm in Virginia. Someone used it in store. Where card is in my hand how come someone else use that card. And I filed a lost/stolen case and after that that representative told me I will get my refund after 72 hours. Called after 72 hours and they told me to wait till 7 business days. And finally called after 7 business days. They are telling me that they can't refund me. Then I asked them "I bought it from your store and when I saw there is no balance I called you right away. What I suppose to do." Then they are telling me to file a police complaint.

So I asked "if I file a police complaint then are you going to refund me money." They are like "No. We have to work on that later." That's complete bs and it's their responsibility to secure my card. Also when I called 22nd December their representative told me it's happening with them so many times and they do know why. I filed a BBB complaint and I will do my best to get my money back. They are cheating with their customer.

My issue all started when I called about target.com and having no longer use of the email I had on my online account. I had current subscriptions still coming thru and wanted to be able to change the email but I was informed I couldn't. I got snippy I will admit only due to the operator stating her opinion on something that had been very upsetting to me. Her lack of empathy really frustrated me. She told me I could cancel everything on the account. It just sounded so overwhelming and a lot of work just due to an email change. So I did hang up instead of saying something I would regret. I then had my husband call just to talk to someone else due to my frustration but eventually I did talk to a nice gentlemen who informed he could just cancel the account on his side. I then was a little upset due spending last 30 minutes canceling all of my orders and subscriptions.

I didn't know why the first person I talked with couldn't have mentioned that to me in our conversion instead of telling me all about yahoo and their email policies. So the second operator sent me to promo department because I had 3 promo cards that weren't working that he had also assisted me on which I got disconnect at that point. My level of stress was through the roof. I had it I then asked to speak to a manager at that point with the full intention of closing my account. He convinced me to keep my card open. A very nice man. I warned him that I was worried about him transferring me back to the online people. I didn't want any other issues.

I gave the phone to my husband the person he got demanded to speak to me instead of asking me who I was he started in on the email and the online account issue. I told that operator I didn't want to argue that I got it. I just wanted my online account fixed. Where I think the problem was is the language barrier. I truly feel he was getting close account confused with close online account. Why would I close account with him and not the previous manager! It really upsets me.

I do love Target and would like this resolved. I feel I was truly wronged in this. To the point he made me cry. How can you have employees like that is what I ask and then defend them! I truly stated I didn't want to ARGUE. In the last conversation I don't understand why he brought something up that was resolved by your manager in my opinion it was only to have the last word. I don't want the last word I just want my account back and to not be told I closed it or ordered my husband too. When I most certainly did not! I feel like Target should want to keep customers but I guess I am wrong and you would think one person doesn't me much but one voice does go far when you have social media!!!

I've shopped at Target for over a decade and have spent mega $ there over the years. It is a shame that I won't be going back. I tried to order 16 items on Target.com, all bikini tops and bottoms (they are sold separately). Since I need them asap, I tried to click express shipping. The website charges $15 PER ITEM, that is for every single top and every single bottom of each tiny little bikini - totaling a ridiculous $240 for express shipping - almost as much as the order itself.

When I tried to chat for help to explain that most companies charge ONCE for express shipping and do not nickel and dime their customers, I was told 'sorry try calling customer service' (and was given the incorrect number). I looked up the correct number, and customer service could only blame the 'computer system' after agreeing that I was correct at the absurdity of the situation. He did mention a price adjustment and put me on a brief hold to ask so I KNOW it is possible, but whoever his manager was didn't care enough to do the simple RATIONAL adjustment and keep a long-time customer. A shame really, a lot of my friends shop at Target too and I doubt they will now after hearing about this.

Went to Target at eight mile and Haggerty, Livonia MI this evening. Stood in line waiting to check out for 37 minutes. Asked for a manager because no matter what line I stepped into had a problem. Finally get to a register and I am not able to make the purchase there because I have a bottle of wine. This is the line the manager has put me in. The same manager that put me in that line now tells me I have to go to another line, 52 minutes after I stepped into the check out lines. I left my full shopping cart and left the store. They lost the sale.

I ordered an item online and received a confirmation. I drove 21 miles to the store in Houma, LA. I gave the printed info to the customer service desk. Minutes later, the representative said, my item couldn't be found. I wasted my time and Target has lost my business.

I'm so disappointed with Target. They advertise this item then give you a great price and turn around and cancel your order. False advertising. Then when you call to inquire you get no help. I guess I'll be taking my business to another store.

I have spent my entire morning on the phone and online with Target.com. I wanted to purchase cameras that were on sale at Walmart but out of stock. I first asked at the store and they said they were out of stock and I needed to contact Target online. I did so this morning. It began with speaking with Lori a little before noon. I told her within the first two minutes that they were out of stock at Walmart and that I needed 6 for work. She had me on and off hold for almost an hour. First they said they had to be sure it was exactly the same. They finally had to admit it was. Next they said I had to go to the store. I told them it was out of stock and was placed on hold again for a lengthy period of time to check my information. Of course it was. So I said I am happy to order them online. Again placed on a lengthy hold.

Lori returned and said I could ordered them at full price and pay then they can do the price adjustment. I agreed and said "Can I receive an email stating that?" Again placed on hold. Upon return, this was the new excuse: they're out of stock online with Walmart and in the Target closest to me so they couldn't give me the price match. At that point I gave up. I then went online again in hopes to solve the issue. I did a live chat with a gentleman named Alexander. I asked to speak with a supervisor but he said he would like to handle the situation so I thought I would give it a try. After getting all the information he apologized and gave me a case number with a 800 number and said to call again and they will be able to place the order. I did just that.

After waiting to get a customer service representative for over 15 minutes, Alex (female) answered and I gave her the information with the case number, She placed me on hold for another 15 minutes and when she returned she said sorry there is nothing she can do (very rudely I might add). I mentioned the case number and what I was told and took a picture of what Alexander said and again she stated they were not going to give me the price guarantee. I guess Target teaches their employees to just keep making up excuses and or reasons for why they can not back up their claims for price matching until the customer finally gives up. I have never dealt with a situation like this in my life. I even tried contacting the corporate office but of course it was the same as the 800 number. Just had to pay for the long distance call this time. I would rather pay more money somewhere else than give Target my business.

I placed an order last week on their website. To start off, it's ridiculous that they have no hubs but send each item you order individually from random places and charge you as each items ships, so you end up with several charges instead of one. I had a package (totaling $11.98) stolen and instead of contacting UPS like I requested, the first Target rep said I'd get a full refund for the two items in that box, and quoted the above dollar amount. However, I was refunded only $8.07. After talking to a different rep and a "manager", neither of whom could explain why I was not being refunded the full amount and just kept telling me I didn't pay what I know I paid and didn't grasp that it wasn't supposed to be a refund but a way of them avoiding doing the work of contacting UPS, and who cares if it screwed their customer, I hung up on them and figured out how the money was divided between the orders when I logged onto PayPal.

I had gotten a "free" beauty box of junk with my purchase of $30 in qualifying items, but it really cost me $10.09 because that is what they prorated it to if people return items that qualify for free stuff. In the end I got $8.07 back for lost items that really will cost more than $11.98 because they are either not on sale anymore if not even available on the site. They need to: inform customers that their purchases will not be refunded fully if they get a "free item", train their reps to understand and explain that this is how their system works, and do their jobs and contact the shipping company to request an investigation instead of trying to cut corners and screw their customers. I realize it's only $3.91 that they owe me but I am absolutely livid at the galling stupidity I encountered and I will never order from them again.

Ordered google home 12/15. I received shipping email. On 12/21 nothing received. After two calls, a reordered google home and a discussion and email with a supervisor on 12/22 neither google home was received. The second order was supposed to be overnighted but "Andy" apparently lied about that to get me off the phone. Then after 2 days and 2 reps I held for 15 min for a supervisor who also wanted me off the phone saying she would figure it out and email me. Latonda sent me an email saying item wasn't stocked for pickup at local store and sorry it would be delivered 12/27.

This is now $270 later, 2 google homes ordered well before Christmas. Terrible service. I literally ordered it in 2 min off Walmart and it was wrapped this morning. Never coming back to Target. Stick to brick and mortar stores because your online and shipping is god awful. You'll never survive against Amazon and Zappos with service like this and I won't trust you again to possibly ruin a daughters Christmas gift to her father.

I have never given a review to anywhere before but it has been a really long time since I have experienced such great customer service. I ordered matching dresses for my daughters for Christmas through target.com. I received the order today to find that one of the dresses must have been missed while being packaged. I called Target's customer service phone number with little hope thinking I would probably be put on hold forever. I followed the automated system and was able to reach an actual human being within 5 minutes! I was shocked to say the least! I explained what had happened with my order to the representative and not only did she order me a replacement she had it shipped premium so I could have it for my girls before Christmas. I am absolutely impressed with the care considering my recent experiences with Gap and Gymboree whom I can't even get a response from. Thank you target.com!

Visited a Target today. I was going to purchase a $50.00 gift card from them for Target. They actually wanted to charge me $5.00 extra just for buying the gift card meant for their store. I was stunned. I told them "no" and did not buy it. Unbelievable!

I ordered a grey and black embellished sweater from target.com 2 weeks ago. I received an email a few days later saying that it would be delayed. I was fine with this. I then called back 2 days later asking when the actual ETA was. They said I should receive it the next day. 2 days later and still no package. I called again and they said they had canceled the order because it was out of stock. However, when I ordered it, it was NOT out of stock! I am a loyal Target consumer but this horrible customer service!

Do not use Target.com for online services and store pick up!!! I bought two items online, and I was supposed to pick up the items in two different stores. I picked up one item, I was not able to pick up the second item because I was in bed with a fever! Target cancelled my order, but my bank account still showed the charge for both items. I called the target store the next day, when the order was cancelled and they said there was nothing they could do, to Call Customer service.

I did but that was useless, I asked for my refund that day or my item. The representative said there was nothing they could do. They said the refund was not going be given until after 10 businesses days! They said I had to Call my bank so they could release the hold. **, I called my bank and they said it was Target, not them, so I called target back. Again I talked to three different reps, with more "authority". They all gave me the run around! When I told them it was them who cancelled my order not me, they tried blaming me. Saying I had two days to pick up my order, and that basically that I was responsible. Really reps I would like to see you in my shoes so you can see how stupid this policy is!

Nothing was resolved so basically they are saying "screw you there nothing we can do, in the meantime leave the finger up your ass and wait 7 to 10 business days for your refund, like all the other idiots." No refund and no item! Really Target with this day and age you can't expedite a refund, total **! I am done shopping here, thank you for the disastrous shopping experience. Do your self a favor avoid shopping at Target, a store that does this to customers does deserve your business!

I have always loved having a Target so close to my home and shop there regularly. In hopes of getting one of the "hot" toys, an NES Classic Edition, this Christmas, I arrived at the store at 3:20am to wait in line until the trucks were unloaded by 6:00am. At 6:00 the six of us, who were waiting, were told there were no NES or Hatchimals and we could go home. The other 5 people, who were waiting, were all reselling both of those toys at greatly increased mark-ups. They were comparing Apps on their phones for locating the toys and would camp out every night.

Target knows this and to them it's just another sale. It makes it next to impossible for those of us buying for our families to get one of these toys. There must be a better way of handling these products. The fact that these resellers mark the toys up 300% to 400% or more is great incentive for them to camp out every night.

Target has always professed to support their communities but this makes me reconsider my support of their stores. I'm so disappointed and surprised that a more equitable solution can't be reached.

Target's Black Friday Ad had Beats Solo2 Wireless on the front for $119. However, they said they will never get them in per their management. We then realized that it was a ploy to draw people to their stores for Black Friday. We have rain checks that were given by their Customer Service Department because they never came in for the sale at all. They refuse to make good on their rain check system. This is bigger than just the merchandise it's checking to see how often Target is falsely advertising items to lure people into their stores.

Target online ordering process when making crucial changes (like the address) is the worse. Customer Service says that changes can't be made until it gets to the shipper, but not when it hasn't yet been boxed or sent to the shipper. Isn't this like the total opposite of what just about every other retailer does??? How is this at all rational. I now have a package that is going to the wrong state. I typed in the right address for the order and submitting the order, it defaulted to the wrong address. It is the holidays, which is extremely stressful as is and Target obviously has the wrong decision-makers deciding on what efficiency actually is. This process has absolutely been the worst and I has ruined my online shopping experience. Most of all, this year of shopping at Target has been terrible.

Ordered two toothbrushes Oral-B on October 29. I chose express shipping because I needed this product as soon as possible. I paid around $30 for shipping and they promised to deliver it by December 2. Though standard shipping is about 5-7 days. So, for no reasons they delivered it to me on 12/06. I was really pissed!!! Because I paid $30 for fast delivery!!! MOREOVER I ordered two toothbrushes of DIFFERENT colours (black and blue) and they sent me two WHITE toothbrushes! No excuses for the late shipping no money back (at least $30 for express delivery), nothing!!! I'm REALLY disappointed and will never order anything from them again!!!

I ordered boots from Target.com, when order was placed it said they would be in 12/17/16. Evidently they arrived ahead of schedule and I was never notified of that fact (they arrived I found out on 12/12/16) the only notification I received was an email informing me on 12/15 that the order was canceled and the boots were being returned for non pickup. That email came through at 353 am on 1215. I saw it at 13:00 in the afternoon on 12/15 when I checked my email. Call the store in the hope that I could still catch it and they cannot locate the order, they refer me to Target.com.

I call Target.com. 1st call the man hung up on me, 2nd call the woman barely spoke English and basically attempted to refuse to let me speak to a supervisor. After being persistent she transferred me, not to a supervisor but back into the system were I got a man named John who did try very hard to help, including calling the store twice to see if he could get them to look because he too did not believe the boots had been sent back that fast, but to no avail. He could not just resend them without hitting my card again and said that the first boots would be refunded within 7-10 bus days. I asked if they could be overnighted to the store he said he would not be allowed to do that.

So for boots that were $100+ on Target.com they charge you card immediately, tell you a date then get them there way ahead of schedule and fail to notify you, and give you two days to pick up an item that has already been paid for, then they refuse to fix their screw up! It is safe to say that from this one incident Target has just lost about 10 good customers which may not seem like a lot now but when you fail at customer service over and over, which from what I'm reading that is what is happening eventually you will be shutting your doors. We, the customers, are why you have a bus, your Corp should be reading these reviews and be taking them very seriously going and making changes. As for me I am no longer a Target customer, I work entirely too hard to earn the $100+ that I was spending with Target to be treated like crap!

I place an online order during on 11/28/2016 with the promotion of additional 15% off. My order was confirmed with valid order number (**). On Dec 6. 2016, I received an order update e-mail telling me that delivery would be delayed to 12/6 - 12/10. I was fine with that and kept waiting. Then, on 12/12, I received a second e-mail and stated that my order was canceled. Subsequently I placed to re-order my items, they are available but just with higher prices. Target falsely advertised. If the item that I order was out of stock on 11/28, it should be listed as out of stock. Once order was confirmed by Target with a valid order number. Any responsible retailer store should honor what it advertised and ship the item with the agreed price.

First of all I think stores should not be extending hours or be open on Thanksgiving. With that being said I was totally disgusted and disappointed this morning when I was waiting in line on a Sunday at 8 am for Target on Chouteau Trafficway in Missouri to buy a Hatchimal. I was like the 20th person, my beef is they handed out tickets at 3 am to 10 people. Apparently one of those left to use the restroom. When Target open the doors people with tickets were told they could each have a Hatchimal. The lady that left to use the restroom sometime after she received her ticket was told she couldn't have one because she had left the line. This lady got very upset as well as the Manager of the store, it was awful!!! They were yelling and cursing, terrible, no security anywhere.

You would think with all the electronics the store could come up with a much better fairer system like have a sign up sheet for those items in demand, go down the list, show id and you may only get one. (Most of these people in line said they had done this multiple times and were selling the Hatchimals on eBay.) So totally unfair to those of us really trying to buy for our children for Xmas. I will not shop at Target again nor will I buy a Hatchimal when available, this isn't what xmas is all about.

BOYCOTT TARGET!!!! I am pretty pissed this morning. The only thing my grandson asked for Christmas was a Hatchimal. Well we all know the craze this year and how hard it is to get one without being screwed and tattoo'd over something that's probably not worth it anyway. So last night I went to Target around 9:30 pm and specifically asked Customer Service about the shipment coming in this morning. The gentleman told me to be the first in line around 7:00 am and they would start handing out tickets at 8:00 am until they were all gone. I get up at 3:35 am all week and really planned on sleeping in this morning but what good grandma can't try to get the one and only thing her grandson wants for Christmas right? So my daughter and myself bundle up and head to Target to score a Hatchimal. Wrong!!!!

Being the first one there and others showing up, the Manager opens the door and asks if we were there for the Hatchimals? Well yeah....what other crazy people would be out here in the cold waiting for anything other than an ugly Christmas sweater? So she proceeded to tell us that the night crew handed all the tickets at 4:00 am. To who....family me and friends??? Like really wtf? Corporate will be hearing from this pissed off grandma every day from now until I have 2 of them in my hand along with the $25 off coupon.

My point being if that's how Moline Target was doing things they should have told me to be here at 4:00 am, not 7:00. Or maybe that it was first come....first served. Not.....we will be giving out tickets to the first in line when the store opens at 8:00 am. Target....I will be fair in allowing you one and only one opportunity to get it right! Rant over!!! #onepissedoffgrandma #aretheyworthit #hatchimals #lackingsleep #targetsucks

Placed an order for multiple items. Then, I received an email stating one was shipped to store. I called to see if they could cancel ship to store, and have item sent to my home. Even though they had the item in stock online, I was told there was nothing they could do. So, now I have to drive across town, passing over 10 Target stores on the way, to pick up one item. I am so annoyed.

Additionally, this is the third time in 2 years I have been told by a rep for Target.com that there is nothing they can do. All of them were foreign, most were nonchalant. This last time I asked two different people if I could speak with a manager, and was told there was not a manager on. I guess Target will learn the hard way (like Kmart) how piss poor customer service ends... in unemployment.

A couple weeks ago, I called Target and asked if they had Reese's peanut butter cups stuffed with Reese's Pieces and looked on their website and they said that they had them. Just went to Target today and they DID NOT carry them!!! I was so ** off by this and I also asked one of the Target employees and she said that they still do not have them. I am not going to shop at Target for a while because of that. Target now has one unhappy customer.

Target Stores Company Profile