2. Shopping

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.06/5
    1973
Based on 5,046 ratings submitted in the last year

Target Stores Reviews

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

During the holiday season it can be difficult to find kind customer service representatives who actually care about helping you when something goes wrong with your order. I was so pleased to have found that online with Target. It was just days before Christmas and I was notified that my order (high dollar watch Christmas gift), was being delivered to my old address in another town. Intervention of the delivery was impossible through UPS, so concerned I called Target online customer service. The lady I spoke with was super kind, considerate and knowledgeable. Within a few minutes she had reordered a replacement for me that arrived before Christmas. I am so happy that I can give something back by spending a few moment to write a positive, well earned review. The Target stores in my area have had my business ever since.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

November 29 I bought toys for my kids. Well December 15 toys go on sale. I go to Target. There was two rude employees at customer service. Told me past 14 days told me bring back items return them rebuy them. Well presents are wrapped so no I’m not unwrapping. I order the same items online for target pickup. I go to target with my son. It’s 9pm. I explained to the associate. I bought the items already in November. Now they’re on sale. I just wanna return the items with my other receipt. The girl didn’t even bring the stuff from the back knowing my son was right there. She returned it. Got my money back. She was so helpful. I’m so thankful. I explained to her how today at 10 am I was there but the other ladies wouldn’t help me. The date today when all this happened was 12/16/19 9pm. Customer service employee name was Erica. She was wonderful. Really helped me out. It was target in Mays Landing.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I ordered a clothing item from Target.com. Typically, once I place a Target.com order, I receive it in 2-3 days, tops. Well, 10 days had passed since I ordered the item, and it still had not shipped out. I contacted the customer service department, and the associate who assisted me told me I could receive either a complete refund, or a product replacement, with free express shipping. I chose the latter option. I was refunded for the first order I had placed, for the item that had yet to ship out, and received the replacement item within two days, completely free of charge. So, essentially, I received a free dress from Target! The associate who assisted me was very polite and helpful. Absolutely outstanding customer service department. I will recommend Target to family and friends in the future because of this great experience. Five stars!

Original review: April 24, 2019

I had such a good experience at Target today that I have to share! Yesterday some of my important items were left at the cashier station and I had to drive back into town today to retrieve them. Originally I thought it was just the organic milk I bought for Ariana but realized later, the cheap bottle of wine I bought for cooking soup from scratch today was also left there. So, first thing this morning I drove the 30 minute drive to get my organic milk and my white wine. I had called ahead of time to explain my situation. When I arrived to Target the manager said to ask for him. I asked for ** and he gave me a THIRTY dollar gift cart separately for my troubles. Gave me the milk and wine that had been left there for free (since I had already purchased them). A handwritten apology note. AND bought my girls a cake pop and me a coffee from Starbucks on HIS dime.

I was absolutely blown away by his customer service. ** and his team went ABOVE and BEYOND to make me a happy customer. This may be the best customer service I have ever had and numerous employees in this store had the same great customer service on both days I was there. I couldn’t be happier with Target! Thanks ** and **!! And thanks Target for making my day! 8917 Tehama Ridge Pkwy Fort Worth, TX 76177 #target #greatcustomerservice #aboveandbeyond #fortworthtexas

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I ordered a Fisher Price Jeep on 12/9/18. I got an email that told me who would be shipping my package. After I read all the negative reviews about EFW, I was little nervous. My experience wasn't really that bad. Target said my package would be delivered between 12/20-12/24. When I checked back after I got an email that said it was on its way, my date had changed to 12/21-12/26. I was a little upset because this was supposed to be a Christmas present for my 3 year old. But I didn't worry too much about it.

I finally got an email from EFW on 12/17/18 at 3:30 pm that my package was set to be delivered on that same day before 6 pm. My package did not come that day. The package did not come the following day either. On the night of 12/18, I emailed EFW asking when would my package be shipped. They said it would be there by 12/19. Well to my surprise, it did arrived on that day. The package was not damaged. I don't know where the package was left because someone else in the household put it in the house. My experience wasn't as bad as a lot of the other reviews. They did waste my time for two days but, it arrived before Christmas so I was okay with it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

The product listed did not provide in the write-up that is was a digital e-mail purchase. Thinking it was a disk that would be shipped - placed order. After that it showed it was a digital e-mail receipt for download. It then said contact quickly if you have any changes to your order. Order was still in process; took some time to figure out how to get a real voice at Target. When I contacted them saying I wanted to cancel - they said they could not do that on an electronic download purchase (which I hadn't received at that time).

I asked to speak to a person above them. They connected me - however, they said it had been 40 minutes since my purchase and they couldn't do anything (even though I had not received it in an e-mail yet). They said if I hovered over the picture of Turbo Tax it said it was an electronic purchase. Not having in the description write up is false advertising. They made no attempt to contact me back, which they said they would. I will never purchase from Target again based on this customer service.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I ordered a lot of items during the holidays, my mental health was not in a good place so leaving the house was hard. I unfortunately had a lot of missing packages or items from orders, which is not my fault since I never delivered the packages nor packed them. Well Target has taken to blaming me for other's faults and has taken away my ability to place online orders or take advantage of order pickup and drive up. I have reached out multiple times and on multiple social media sites but have gotten the same canned response and then nothing after that. I have an infant at home that I had to drag crying and sick into the store because I was not able to place a pickup or drive up for items. My husband is in the Navy and works 12+ hour days and I have zero family in the area.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I don't know if all Target Stores are like this, but the store at South Hills Village in Bethel/Upper St. Clair has the worst people working there. I sometimes go there at the request of my wife and I always leave pissed off because some patronizing and condescending loser says something stupid. I would rather go to Giant Eagle and pay more for groceries than shop at Target. My last straw was today when I walked into Target early to pick up some groceries for my wife when I was intercepted by some 20 year old bimbo telling me the store is not open yet and she can't have me in the store for security reasons. Not open? Then why was I able to walk in the front door???? If this girl was a manager then it's no wonder Target has such a low rating.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

Horrible customer service. HORRIBLE. Would do everything to push the responsibility away. I placed an online order with an unique coupon code from applying the Target red card, didn't even get an order confirmation number and nothing shows up on order history. BUT the target red card shows a pending transaction. Online chat, emailed, and called target.com and red card department, just pushed me from one department to another saying they cannot find my order and can do nothing to help. The coupon was for one time use and no longer valid. I was informed I will not be issued a new coupon coz they won't (GREAT customer service). Spent two dealing with the issue and never got resolved. Wasted too much time and effort for an order. I used to love Target but from now on I will never shop at Target again.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I made an order on 12/2/19 with Target.com. My order was for a family with 3 little children in Washington St. The husband was deployed, serving our country and they needed things that they couldn't afford. Order # ** is reportedly stuck in processing. I have called at least 10 times on this. One evening I spoke to 5 different CSRs. I have 2 reference numbers ** and **. I paid with a gift card. So they say they can't issue a refund and they won't cancel the order. Personally, I think they should send this order to them for free. Speaking as a business person myself. But this is just my opinion. It's a good thing they found food banks to help. We were able to send them Domino's pizza and subs. This is a terrible business practice. Thank you Domino's Pizza!! I will be posting on every available Social Media until it has been resolved. #DominosPizza, #Target

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Target Stores Company Information