Target Stores

Target Stores

1.4/5 (32 ratings)

About Target Stores

Target is a big-box store that stocks general merchandise. It allows customers to find pretty much everything they need in one store, saving them time and effort. At Target, customers can find everything from groceries and household essentials to home decor and office supplies. The company provides free two-day shipping on online orders, but customers can pay extra for same-day delivery.

Pros

• Discount with Target RedCard
  • One-stop shopping
  • Customer-friendly layout

Cons

• Stores smaller than some competitors
  • Fewer stores than similar chains

Bottom Line

Target is a general merchandise store. Customers can find most everything they need, and there’s a variety of brands to meet many budgets. There are locations in all 50 states.

Top Target Stores Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Verified

Target provides great value for a wide variety of products. … The seasonal products are often unique and of very good quality. Pet products are priced below Pet Smart & PetCo. Fin...

Verified

When I need something quick or just to browse and shop ideas are endless at Target… The housing bay of clean shopping carts, clean bathrooms at the front entry and HR resources in...

What is Target?

Target is a big-box retailer known for its affordability and wide selection of products. The store boasts everyday low prices, but it also offers weekly deals, clearance prices and other in-store markdowns. Customers who hold a RedCard credit or debit card can save an extra 5% on their purchases. RedCard holders also get exclusive offers and deals to save even more.

Target makes customer experience a top priority. Stores have spacious and uncluttered aisles for both customer comfort and ease of access. Employees frequently perform zone sweeps to ensure shelving is neat and properly stocked.

What does Target do?

Target offers customers a variety of mid- to high-quality products at affordable prices. Customers can find many reliable brands at Target, including Dyson, KitchenAid, Apple and many more trusted names. The company also has its own brands in nearly every category. These brands include Market Pantry, Archer Farms, Threshold, Boots & Barkley, Up & Up and Xhilaration.

With such a variety of brands, Target provides customers with options to fit almost any budget for nearly any purchase. Whether you’re decorating a dorm room, investing in long-term needs for your home, refreshing your wardrobe, prepping for a party or looking to fill your pantry, you can find most everything you need with one trip to Target.

Target prices

The amount of money you spend at Target will greatly depend on the type of purchase you’re making. The grab-and-go area of Bullseye’s Playground at store entrances presents you with neat finds for just a couple of dollars. You can find clothing staples for as little as $5, or build a full outfit for less than $100.

Target carries several brands, so there is something for every budget. For example, if Threshold home decor is out of your price range, Room Essentials might be a better fit. You can find various brands for everything from coffee makers to cookware, vacuums to televisions and more.

Target also regularly offers great deals on their flyer items, and customers can often find in-store markdowns. Regular Target shoppers may want to consider a RedCard to save an extra 5%.

Target FAQ

What kind of a store is Target?
Target is a general merchandise retailer. It’s a superstore that carries a variety of brands, product lines and product types.
How many stores does Target have?
According to the corporate website, Target has 1,880 stores in the U.S. It has stores in all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
Can you order from Target online?
Target does have online ordering. Along with standard shipping, customers can choose same-day delivery, in-store pickup or curbside pickup.
Does Target have stores in other countries?
Target has several offices globally but no other stores. Target attempted an expansion to Canada in 2013, but the attempt was ultimately unsuccessful; all stores were closed by April 2015.

Is Target a good company?

Target is an excellent company to shop with. It prioritizes customer experience, so it’s easy to feel like you’re not in a big-box store while still saving money. Target is a popular choice for almost any shopping need, and you see that popularity across social media. Target carries both popular brand names and its own brands, which means they have products at multiple price points. There are also ways to save, such as the Target RedCard. Overall, Target provides an enjoyable and affordable shopping experience.

Target Stores Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2023

Target.com is a terrible place to shop. I did not receive my child Mario Game that I purchased for Christmas. We contacted them two days before the holiday to check and the call was answered by a guy from India who did not understand English and wrote all the info incorrectly. We complained about Mario games but he had it down as Mario games and Nintendo Switch. They did not contact us with any updates for over 45 days and when we reached out, they said, "Then and now you’re telling us the story doesn’t match" and they did not acknowledge it was the ** person’s fault. Then we were told "the item's return period ended on January 25, 2023 and the order is no longer eligible to be researched”. Which is 2 days afterward. That’s a Monkey Business and I do not recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

I have had a Target debit card for years and have spent thousands of dollars there. I noticed in December there were multiple charges on my target debit card that I had not made. I reported these charges and never heard anything back. These charges were not significant so I wasn’t concerned with reimbursement just wanted my card blocked. I received a letter in the mail about a month later stating I owe overdraft charges for a charge that was returned. This was one of the charges I disputed.

I called the number on the letter and the lady was extremely rude: she could care less about the unauthorized charges. She told me that I had 2 other overdraft charges over 6 months ago. I informed her that there was never any notification from my bank or target about overdraft charges and to send me a letter detailing all this and I will pay this after I validate the charges. She was upset threatening me with collections because I wouldn’t pay for these charges I was unaware of at that time. Target never stopped my card from being used either. She transferred me to another agent about the unauthorized charges and he kept me on the phone for a substantial amount of time and basically told me I was lying about the charges because they were made in the same town I live in.

I didn’t make these charges somehow someone got ahold of my info and it doesn’t matter which town it’s in. Maybe a work or social event regardless they were not authorized: I still have not heard anything and it’s upsetting to be treated like this. Like I said I didn’t even ask for reimbursement since the charges were not substantial just block the card and take off the overdraft fee. Target is too greedy to do even that! I am not hard up for money and have a well paying job. But they treated me like I was a liar and a thief. Unacceptable Target. Do better for your customers who spend their hard earned money at your store!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Target is an unethical company participating in privacy invasion and harassment of Americans. The employees of this store in the Wilton and the Albany area have participated in organized harassment of their own neighbor. So have some "shoppers" at these stores. And there is vehicle harassment going on in the parking lots.

In the Wilton area, there is also a "rogue" driver of an 18-wheeler Target truck who spends his evenings cruising up and down the Northway harassing individuals in an aggressive manner, cutting off, etc. His vehicle has a "Maine" license plate (if that is even his real plate). This guy has literally been on the road driving at my car, around my car, cutting off my car, in a harassing, obnoxious manner repeatedly. This happened at least a half dozen times I have recently been driving on I-87 at night after work. He is abusing his role, driving a Target truck in order to intimidate people in his own community. I will not shop at Target again (after spending over $1000 or so in delivery orders in the recent past).

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

I bought four Target gift cards as Christmas presents in December. Two of the cards had no money on them when my daughters tried to use them. I called the phone number given on their website, and was told it would need to be investigated. I was told to send pictures of the cards and the receipt and it could take up to 14 days to hear what the resolution will be. Not very good gifts, sadly. I strongly suggest that you avoid buying Target gift cards.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Be careful when doing business with the NE side store in Cedar Rapids IA. They make their own rules in regards to the contracts when you go in to pick up. IDC if it was a PS5 or something else. They said in the email there would be no problems with me picking up the order my mom placed for my son. Got there & they refused to let me pick it up. My 78 year old mother had to drive in 30 miles on crappy roads so they could get her id. It clearly stated on the email that she would be notified when it was picked up & I was authorized to pick it up. The manager was so rude actually rolled her eyes at me. My son has autism. They got him so upset he started tearing up. Yes horrible customer service & no regards for the customer is always right. How pathetic - Target you have really disappointed us. :/

Original review: Dec. 22, 2022

If you have Target gift card or you are planning to gift them, be aware I think their gift card system might have been compromised. I bought a gift card on Dec 04 in a physical store, and I have it with me all this time. When I try to redeem it on the Target app it was invalid. I call them and Target say it was redeemed online on the 6th, which is impossible as it was in my desk drawer. Someone was able to redeem the gift card without physical access to the card or someone was able to reproduce the security sticker that looks the same as the original one.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

Bought 6 items, 5 were a higher price at check out than the shelf price. 2 of the items were almost $2.00 more. Inflation is real, but it's obvious corporations are jacking up prices because they can.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2022

Bought an iPad and an Apple Pencil. Target shipped via FedEx. I got a delivery notice from FedEx but never received the package. My security cameras confirmed that NO package was delivered. Also, according to the FedEx driver the package was signed by H HENRY. This person doesn't exist in our house or for that matter our neighborhood. FedEx did want to do anything about it and Target just said it was delivered. I lost the money. NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE CROOKS!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

Today at your Concord location, I was checked out by Raven. What an exceptionally sweet, nice and attentive associate she is. She has outstanding customer service skills. It made my day. She was so pleasant and a real joy!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

Target optical.com Prescription glasses Order # ** took almost 1 month, and received wrong defective, last week replacement is on the way, till hold on to return, today I been told there won't been no replacement until I return is completed, and in the meantime we are sorry for going blind without, don’t work or drive. Illogical customer service with bad attitude. I will never recommend any purchase at target.com.

Target Stores Company Information