Target Stores

Target Stores

1.6/5 (33 ratings)

About Target Stores

Target is a big-box store that stocks general merchandise. It allows customers to find pretty much everything they need in one store, saving them time and effort. At Target, customers can find everything from groceries and household essentials to home decor and office supplies. The company provides free two-day shipping on online orders, but customers can pay extra for same-day delivery.

Pros

• Discount with Target RedCard
  • One-stop shopping
  • Customer-friendly layout

Cons

• Stores smaller than some competitors
  • Fewer stores than similar chains

Bottom Line

Target is a general merchandise store. Customers can find most everything they need, and there’s a variety of brands to meet many budgets. There are locations in all 50 states.

Top Target Stores Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Verified

Target provides great value for a wide variety of products. … The seasonal products are often unique and of very good quality. Pet products are priced below Pet Smart & PetCo. Fin...

Verified

When I need something quick or just to browse and shop ideas are endless at Target… The housing bay of clean shopping carts, clean bathrooms at the front entry and HR resources in...

What is Target?

Target is a big-box retailer known for its affordability and wide selection of products. The store boasts everyday low prices, but it also offers weekly deals, clearance prices and other in-store markdowns. Customers who hold a RedCard credit or debit card can save an extra 5% on their purchases. RedCard holders also get exclusive offers and deals to save even more.

Target makes customer experience a top priority. Stores have spacious and uncluttered aisles for both customer comfort and ease of access. Employees frequently perform zone sweeps to ensure shelving is neat and properly stocked.

What does Target do?

Target offers customers a variety of mid- to high-quality products at affordable prices. Customers can find many reliable brands at Target, including Dyson, KitchenAid, Apple and many more trusted names. The company also has its own brands in nearly every category. These brands include Market Pantry, Archer Farms, Threshold, Boots & Barkley, Up & Up and Xhilaration.

With such a variety of brands, Target provides customers with options to fit almost any budget for nearly any purchase. Whether you’re decorating a dorm room, investing in long-term needs for your home, refreshing your wardrobe, prepping for a party or looking to fill your pantry, you can find most everything you need with one trip to Target.

Target prices

The amount of money you spend at Target will greatly depend on the type of purchase you’re making. The grab-and-go area of Bullseye’s Playground at store entrances presents you with neat finds for just a couple of dollars. You can find clothing staples for as little as $5, or build a full outfit for less than $100.

Target carries several brands, so there is something for every budget. For example, if Threshold home decor is out of your price range, Room Essentials might be a better fit. You can find various brands for everything from coffee makers to cookware, vacuums to televisions and more.

Target also regularly offers great deals on their flyer items, and customers can often find in-store markdowns. Regular Target shoppers may want to consider a RedCard to save an extra 5%.

Target FAQ

What kind of a store is Target?
Target is a general merchandise retailer. It’s a superstore that carries a variety of brands, product lines and product types.
How many stores does Target have?
According to the corporate website, Target has 1,880 stores in the U.S. It has stores in all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
Can you order from Target online?
Target does have online ordering. Along with standard shipping, customers can choose same-day delivery, in-store pickup or curbside pickup.
Does Target have stores in other countries?
Target has several offices globally but no other stores. Target attempted an expansion to Canada in 2013, but the attempt was ultimately unsuccessful; all stores were closed by April 2015.

Is Target a good company?

Target is an excellent company to shop with. It prioritizes customer experience, so it’s easy to feel like you’re not in a big-box store while still saving money. Target is a popular choice for almost any shopping need, and you see that popularity across social media. Target carries both popular brand names and its own brands, which means they have products at multiple price points. There are also ways to save, such as the Target RedCard. Overall, Target provides an enjoyable and affordable shopping experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target Stores?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Horrible online order support! I ordered an instapot, online, for pickup in the store. It was thru a wedding registry. Online stated it was in stock at my local store. I got there to pick it up & it was NOT in stock. Clerk told me I needed to go online & choose the mailing option. When I looked, the item is listed "online only" on the registry. Obviously not true, since I was able to place the order for pick up. Then, when I wanted to choose to have it sent to me, it said "shipping not available"! I called 2 stores, to the pickup dept & got no answer. Phone just rang & rang. I tried online chat, several times & it kept disconnecting!

Finally got thru to chat & they said the item should cancel soon. It was already 24 hrs since I placed the order. Should have cancelled long before that! Chat person said they would transfer me to another person who could help me. Got disconnected again! Tried to find a customer service phone number, for Target, with no luck. Finally went to my Paypal account & that listed a phone number. Called, & finally got a gal who told me the item wasn't in stock at any store near me. I said "cancel the order". I'm taking my business elsewhere. I hate Target to begin with, but was trying to get this item, because of the wedding registry. I will now not have it in time, & will tell my daughter-in-law-to-be, that if she wants an instapot, I will buy here one elsewhere. Way too much hassle to purchase at Target!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Due to the elf fantasy and takeover of the planet, a living thing can no longer purchase anything of any value. I used a small cookie sheet that was new under the broiler, it turned cockroach orange. I used it two or three times since then and it now has sodomite cockroach rust eating the pan where you would place the food. Pure junk. It was purchased in Savannah, GA at Target.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

After a really terrible recent experience with a target online order and horrendous customer service I will no longer shop at any target store. I placed an order online for 2 nightstands. When the shipment arrived I quickly realized target had sent the wrong items- the pieces were not what I ordered, they were tall storage cabinets and not even close to the look of the nightstands I had paid for. I contacted their customer service and they advised they would place a new order, they did not want the items back because they were too heavy.

A few days later 2 new boxes arrived and again, I realized that they had once again Shipped something completely different than the items I ordered. I contacted customer service again and after another hour plus dealing with Bangalore reps who barely understand the situation I was told I had to return the items to the store to get my money back and if I wanted the right items I had to place a second order and pay again because they can't do a 2nd reorder. Absolutely nuts.

After pushing for a supervisor in the US who could communicate clearly, I was then told they would do a FedEx pickup of the wrong items and issue refund and I would have to pay again and place a second order. Fast forward - FedEx pickup up the items. I've paid for them now a second time and target has still not refunded my money or offered any sort of attempt to make the situation right or less inconvenient.

The company should take a hard look at their customer service in addition to their shipping /fulfillment issues. They should do a better job to try to take care of their customers especially when they mess up and cause so much inconvenience. But they have done none of the above. I will never again support this company and that makes me sad because I've enjoyed in store shopping for years.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

My horrible experience was exasperating enough that I'm taking time to write this review. I purchased several Target gift cards at Christmas time. I am very sorry I did because I tried using one myself. I could never obtain the 5 items I wanted to pick up at the same store location. Then a fee was added. After hours spent trying to make one stop at ONE location, I tired of the entire experience and decided to take the cash and spend it at one store (not a target). Well Target would not redeem the card for cash NOR refund my money. Target is off my list of places to shop.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

Much of the merchandise I want is no longer in the store. The things they do have skyrocketed in price. Their delivery service is slow and unreliable. I’ve found out the next day that they don’t have an item I’ve ordered. The store brand products used to be good, now they are garbage. Realize I am liberal. I’m turned off by their “woke” marketing. The staff was rude on my last visit. I’ve started shopping regularly at Walmart for the first time in my life and I’ve found the employees to be friendly, the deliveries are lightning fast and the quality of their merchandise is far better. If I’m ordering online I know immediately if they don’t have something. They usually have everything I’m looking for at my neighborhood store. It’s sad. I’ve shopped at Target for over 30 years but I’m done with them.

Original review: July 31, 2022

In 2022 I have had a lot of issues with the Target Stores especially 10401 MLK Jr Highway. The prices are not displayed on all merchandise in accordance to the law of fair advertisement. The staff for the most part need a lot more training and coaching. The manager never comes out to talk with the customer when needed. Because of the employee mistake on a few of my returns I am not able to exchange nor return anything without a receipt when I had a receipt and was forced to take a merchandise credit card. Also I am 68 and get disrespected from the employees all the time.

Original review: June 22, 2022

I ordered an item on Target.com. Items got delivered. Missing one package. I reached out to Target. I was told to wait 48hrs package will be delivery. I never got my 3rd package. I reached out again, I was told to wait 7 days. I waited still nothing. Only to be told by Target FedEx stated it was delivered so there is nothing they can do. So I paid for an item I never received. I have called all departments. I was told to reach out to FedEx myself. Who in the world says that to a customer who has paid for an item. If that was the route why did Target asked me to wait 48hrs then 7 days. I feel scammed by Target. I will never recommend Target to anyone.

Original review: June 2, 2022

I received a $50 gift card for my birthday and tried to use it for an order online purchase. When I went to checkout and scratch the back of the card for the access number the sticker wouldn’t peel off properly to see the number. The sticker started to break off into pieces and the number wasn’t visible enough to use. I called customer service to see if they would give me a replacement and they told me to download the app to scan the bar code on the back only for an error to show up after several attempts. They then asked for me to provide an email to send a picture of the back of the card so they could verify there was still a balance. After sending it, they then tell me that they don’t have record of the card in the system probably because it was purchased in the store.

They then asked for me to ask the person who gave it to me for the purchase receipt. They asked for her phone number and email to see if she had an account. They were going to call her to see if she had a purchase receipt. This is not efficient way to handle this. What are the chances she still has the receipt after purchasing a month ago. I understand they need to verify the purchase of the gift card but if the long bar code and event # on the back can’t prove that there is money on the card, then what’s the point of the bar code. Why can’t they just cancel the card I have, and issue a new one. Giving out someone’s information and then asking for a purchase receipt (given they still have it), after taking a picture of the card seems a bit much to do to receive a placement card which takes 5-7 business days to receive in the mail when all the while neither party is at fault for a damaged card. It’s a hassle and inconvenient to say the least.

Target is not a new company and this process seems a bit intentional in the hopes that maybe people won’t go through the trouble to fix the problem that they didn’t even cause. It’s just not realistic that there isn’t a better way to trace gift cards if in the event it is damage. What then is the purpose of both of the bar codes then.

Original review: May 12, 2022

I called to have an item price matched. The lady told me it could be done and she told me to purchase it while on the phone. After I purchased the item, she tried to give me the difference. She then stated that it can not be done because it was through a third party. If that was the case, she should of told me that it couldn't be done before she told me to purchase the item. I would have just went through Walmart.com.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Target has recently increased their prices, some only 5%, while the majority of prices went up 25% or more. Meanwhile, they provide their employees with decent starting salaries, but give raises at anywhere from .5% to 3%. Maybe they should take some of their 13 billion in profits and take care of their employees. The COO makes over 12 million a year in salary and the CFO makes more than 20 million a year salary. It is pathetic in any business that these people think they deserve such a salary (if you break down the 12 million to 40 hours per week, it is 5,769 per hour), but yet they are so proud of the fact that they start their people at $15 per hour. Maybe if the top tiers gave up some of their salary, they could pay their people an actual living wage and maybe give them decent raises. Who needs or deserves to make over $5,000 per hour. NO ONE deserves that type of salary.

Target Stores Company Information