1.72/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2610 Target Stores Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

On Nov. 23rd I order a couch through Target.com. Everything proceeded normally for a purchase, I got a notification when it shipped and I got a notification from the local shipping company scheduling delivery. Since it was December in upstate NY I took off work the day of delivery to be at home since they were just going to leave it in the driveway in the snow. No delivery. I waited until the 10 hour delivery window had passed and called the delivery company and they never received the couch from Target.

Three days and 4 calls later they found the couch but it was damaged. Before refusing delivery I contacted Target about a replacement because we got rid of our old couch when it was first scheduled to be delivered and we're hosting Christmas and needed something. I was assured that a replacement would be processed and I would get it in time for Christmas.

A week later there was no movement on my Target account. The replacement couch order still said processing. I called Target to confirm the order was moving forward and a very rude customer service person told me I needed to just wait and to give him a break because he was getting hassled all day (at his customer service job). 3 days later still no movement so I called back and was told the original replacement was not processed correctly and they would move it through now, but the item is now back ordered. It was already Dec. 20 so I would have no couch for Christmas.

On Dec. 24 I checked online and the item was back in stock. I called to confirm there was nothing else I needed to do to make sure my order would go through. After 45 minutes waiting on the phone the customer service rep with a very thick Indian accent couldn't understand what I was asking so hung up on me. I didn't have time to call back and deal with it then. On Dec. 26th I got an email notification that my order was cancelled. I called immediately and they put in a new order and I had to wait to speak with a manager to get the price adjustment to the original price I paid.

On Jan. 11 I got my couch- 7 weeks after I originally ordered it. When they cancelled the first order for no apparent reason they didn't process a refund correctly. I have called twice to have it processed and supposedly it will happen in the next few days (it's Feb. 17)- I'm not going to hold my breath. All along the 12 customer service people I talked to didn't care that this was a ridiculous situation or was apologetic in any way.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

If I could give them a below 0 review I would. I ordered some things online and and paid with PayPal. I cancelled the order because of the issues with shipping and not only did they not refund me but charged me 3x for one item. I've called them 5x now to get the refund and they keep telling me I'll get within 24 hours and still haven't seen anything. They are Target alright... They target your money and take it! IDIOTS!!!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I ordered 3 garage cabinets that needed to be put together. Two were fine, but the third did not have the hardware bag with the necessary screws etc. I contacted Target to see if they could ask the manufacturer to send the hardware to me, but they wanted me to return the cabinet to a Target store and order a new one. The cabinet weighs about 60 pounds and I can't easily return it. They refused to contact the manufacturer. I contacted the manufacturer myself and they happily sent out the hardware. I feel that if Target sells merchandise, they should do whatever they can to make sure that the items are useable. I will not be ordering anything from Target in the future. There are many, many online stores that do stand behind their products and they will be getting my business in the future.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I ordered a Fisher Price Jeep on 12/9/18. I got an email that told me who would be shipping my package. After I read all the negative reviews about EFW, I was little nervous. My experience wasn't really that bad. Target said my package would be delivered between 12/20-12/24. When I checked back after I got an email that said it was on its way, my date had changed to 12/21-12/26. I was a little upset because this was supposed to be a Christmas present for my 3 year old. But I didn't worry too much about it.

I finally got an email from EFW on 12/17/18 at 3:30 pm that my package was set to be delivered on that same day before 6 pm. My package did not come that day. The package did not come the following day either. On the night of 12/18, I emailed EFW asking when would my package be shipped. They said it would be there by 12/19. Well to my surprise, it did arrived on that day. The package was not damaged. I don't know where the package was left because someone else in the household put it in the house. My experience wasn't as bad as a lot of the other reviews. They did waste my time for two days but, it arrived before Christmas so I was okay with it.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

January 2, 2019 I purchase items online through Target for drive up service for the first. After my purchase was completed it stated order will be ready within two hours. Time was 1:49 pm, so I waited, and waited, and of course waited for my email to pick up. Now it’s 4:30 pm and still no email, so I called the store only for some at guest service to pick up not answer then hang up. I called back several times because I am thinking that someone would pick up so that I could find out about my Drive up before just showing up. Well no answered so I go to the store, walk in and speak to someone in guest services about my order.

The person had no idea what to do. She asked five people how to find my order but that wasn’t the problem. The problem that I had besides them not having my order ready and making wait so long to get my order was when she completed my order. Now told me that all of my order was not there and no one offered to take it to my car which I think that’s what drive up service is. So I get home and half of my ordered was not there. This was not a good experience and I will never use this service again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Very bad service. Order Google Play cards and never received them. E delivery. Call customer service 3 times. They replied it is proceeding and we can't cancel the order. They all said sorry nothing they could do. Never buy gift cards from Target. Very bad service.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I purchased an electric radiator online from Target. I did not order any protection plan as I never do. When I received my order confirmation from Target, it included a two year protection plan from SquareTrade for eight dollars. This was an option I never chose or wanted. In looking up reviews of this plan on Target's site I found that a number of people had the same complaint. The plan is being automatically added and charged without the purchaser's knowledge. I'm not sure if this is a problem caused by Target or SquareTrade. Target eventually refunded the cost of the plan to me. Just beware of this sneaky tactic.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

A word of caution about ordering products from Target online: only do it if you have two hours to spend at the bank the next day clearing up all the fraudulent charges from your account. Immediately after placing the order my account was used in the same state where Target's corporate office is located.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I bought a heater for my bedroom which takes weeks to get here! Twice came broken. No packaging! Can you idiots! Learn to pack a box? Good Lord! Target sucks!!! Amazon all the way!!! Also phone system to complain is a nightmare!!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Went to Target to see if they had a Raspberry 3b+, was greeted immediately, he knew exactly what I needed and exactly where it was. Unfortunately it was the 3b and not the 3b+ but I got it anyway! I forgot his name, but he was awesome!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I experience bad customer service and I ordered 4 items using restock option. After confirmation, they cancelled two out 4 item without proper reason. When I try to reach customer service and the call kept disconnected during the conversation. It took me more than an hour to explain problem and customer service number is having some issues and first they should address it and fix it ASAP.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

So I ordered the new limited edition 500 Million LE clear blue PS4 DualShock controller. Order went through, shipment confirmation All good. Item comes in the mail and it’s a plain generic jet black controller. That mind you, costs 20$ less than what I paid for. Inside was a shipping invoice, my item was in the box at some point. It had arrived opened and from the Target recycling center. What really ticked me off is I called customer service and apparently they’ve been having problems like this all week. What kind of a company takes your money, sends you the wrong item instead of saying it’s out of stock and to order something different? Will never shop at a Target online or in store ever again.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I placed an order for a rug using a $20 gift card which was reflected in my online order. When I received the confirmation email 5 minutes later the coupon was not reflected. I called customer service and they said "on their end" it was reflected although my email said it wasn't. She said "Don't worry, you'll only be charged the total after the coupon"! Well, that's not what my email confirmation said. Let's be accurate Target!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

We ordered an iPad from Target.com on November 22, 2018. Our item was to be delivered by December 4th. December 4th came and went and nothing was delivered. I contacted Target and they didn’t know where the item was so they offered to ship a replacement. Again nothing ever came and the iPad never shipped. Then they canceled the newest order and said they’d send another one, same thing happened. The iPad never got beyond “preparing for shipping.” The original order was still there saying arriving December 4th and I was continually told the item would be arriving any day. Finally I called and asked them to cancel the order and issue my REDcard a refund. I was told that they could not cancel my order but I would receive a refund. I decided to buy another iPad at this time and pick it up in the store.

I have called Target over 10 times and spent at least 5-6 hours of my life trying to straighten out this debacle. Today is January 10, 2019 and I called Target AGAIN this morning after being told my refund was issued 10 days ago, because of course I still have not been issued a refund. They’re telling me another 2 weeks or more because they have to “manually” issue me a refund and they are incredibly backed up apparently. Meanwhile I’m being charged interest for an item I never received, and I’m incredibly doubtful they will compensate me.

Over a month has passed and literally nothing has progressed or changed. Everything I’ve been told by various team members, and supervisors has never come to fruition. I have never been so frustrated and dissatisfied with a company I’ve done business with. They have the worst customer service I’ve ever dealt with. They’re a compartmentalized disaster! I have zero confidence in Target.com and see no reason to ever give them my business again. It’s obvious that they don’t care about their customers and could care less if they lose business over their ridiculous policies and lacking business practices.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Wanted to try the new Atkins shake and they had the buy one get one 50% off. So I ordered 4 two vanilla and two chocolate. Received an email that they only had one chocolate plus the vanillas so I would be refunded for one, which meant paying full price for one with no discount. I went to the store one hour after receiving the email. I Go to the desk and told the lady I would just get another vanilla if they had it. She scanned them and said, "It looks like we are out of vanilla but do have chocolate?" I said that is what you said you were out of? She said, "We must have got a truck in and you can go back and pick one up."

I walk back to aisle A39 and the shelf is stocked with both flavors. I take it back to desk and tell her, after waiting in line again. She says, "Oh my I don’t know why the scan said we are out." So pick up means waiting in line, going to get your own product and waiting in line again to check out which includes canceling The first order, rering up second order and waiting 1-3 days for the first transaction to go back into your account. Spend the extra 1.50 and order from Amazon and it comes right to your door. Learned my lesson.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I have to say this experience was awful. Received a gift card for Christmas and I called the 800 number and zero balance. First thing to come to mind was not activated. Today I call and they tell me I went to a fake website. I called before going to the website. Ok then tried to scan to make a purchase which wouldn’t work so had to enter the numbers in. Well someone stole the money from the card and all I got was, "Too bad. You're out of luck." The gift card department said they couldn’t give me any information but my balance from my gift card was transferred to another gift card. Why would Target allow that to be done online.

Well it was more than mine. The card that was transferred to had several transfers to that card then spent the same day. What kills me is that Target was aware that this has been happening and just kept it a secret. Just like the year in 2013 where they didn’t activate customers cards. They didn’t make customers aware of that either. So bottom line I was told to make a police report so they can investigate but they still won’t replace my gift card. So I am supposed to take their word for it. So beware of buying Target gift cards and if that’s not secure what about our Target credit cards and Target debit cards. Looks like I have to think twice about using their site again and I definitely will never purchase their gift cards.

If they would give gift receipts with the cards people wouldn’t need to look up balance and no it wasn’t given to the person that bought the gift card. I call and ask to talk to public relations and they tell me to call the gift card department and refuse to transfer me. So I was basically called stupid, there’s nothing we can do and now I learned a lesson for the next time. Well there won’t be a next time because I will just shop on Amazon. Maybe this could of happened on any site but it’s how you are treated. Amazon keeps their customers informed not a secret so the theft keeps on going!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I feel as if, in this day and age with the proliferation of barcode scanners, there's no excuse for companies not investing in inventory systems that don't give up-to-the-minute results... Both Target online and the Cartwheel app, have told me that something is "in stock"; only to find out that whenever I get to my local Target, the item is "sold out".

It took hours of research before I finally found someone else's review indicating that this happens because, apparently, Target's inventory is NOT tracked in real time; and only reflects what is "in stock" as of the morning of the day in which you are browsing the site, instead of updating throughout the course of the day. For important/inconvenient/"hot" items such as special occasion/holiday orders, this is inconvenient at best and deceptive at worst on Target's part. Please update your systems!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Some purchased items were picked up on December 29th one day before the "Home" 10% off offer began. I ordered some more items of the same brands on December 30th for pickup at Hilldale Mall (Madison, WI) branch. Today, 1/2/2019, I went to Hilldale Target to pick up the new things and adjust the price for the items picked up on 29th December. The employee refused to adjust the prices. I asked to return the new things I ordered online that I was picking up at this time, she refused, telling me that I have to wait 24 hours until I can return the items. I asked for the manager, she said she was the manager and no way out of this situation. 10 minutes later, I found out that the manager at this time is someone else, a man named "John". When he was called in the store mic to come to talk to me, she tried to come as if she was the manager again.

I read the target policy from the app on pickup. It states "A printed receipt can be issued at the time of pickup upon request". She lied to me: 1-she refused to print a receipt at the time of pick up when I wished to return the purchase. 2-She said she was the manager! 3-Again, she pretended she was the manager & came to me when they were calling for the real manager to talk to me. Besides she refused to adjust items picked up one day before offer began!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We chose Target for our registry and are so beyond disappointed with the service I discourage anyone from using it. We were shipped some very expensive items that were glass and porcelain in a huge box with little to no padding and they obviously broke. We called Target and they said it was an easy fix and we would get replacements in three days. However, the items never showed. So we called again and they apparently had been shipped to the person who bought us the gift, not us and she returned them because she thought it was just an error and didn't want them.

So then Target told us if we bought the two items they would reship them and reimburse us because they now messed up twice. Well here comes the second delivery and the items arrive in the SAME SIZE BOX with LITTLE TO NO PADDING! Very weird. So we called customer service AGAIN. Apparently they have no recollection of the last encounter and want to just offer us a refund for the broken items. Which we don't want. We were given those items as a gift and Target essentially stole those gifts as well as over 50 dollars from us.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Target does not follow through with their price adjustments. They get around it by calling a sale item clearance and saying they don’t have to price adjust a clearance item. I purchased an item from Target at full price which is $19.99 and 7 days later the price is $9.99. I called to have a price adjustment and they refused because it is a “clearance item”. I don’t see how this is legal. Any company can call a reduced priced item clearance and then not do a price adjustment? How is this legal?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Ordered items for Xmas. UPS never delivered for some reason and sent the items back to Target. No one ever contacted me or refunded me for the items. I finally called them to find out what was going on. They then said they would issue a refund, but I never received the refund. When I called 14 days later they said the refund would be in the form of a gift card. Still I never received it. The items I never received were meant to be Xmas presents and I wanted to have them re-sent. They were unable to do that for some reason! They said I had to order them again, but of course now the price had doubled. Instead of just adjusting the price for me, they made me pay full price then said they would issue another refund for the difference. I had to spend an hour on the phone with a Target rep to get that taken care of!

All the time different reps I talked to (who are all speaking English as second language so communication is challenging) kept saying they didn't have authority to provide the refund. Target doesn't have customer service reps who actually can serve customers. And I STILL have not received the refund from the original order. They are beyond incompetent. I will NEVER order from Target.com again.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

On December 19th I ordered a Christmas gift and chose Target.com because they were advertising everywhere “Guaranteed Delivery by Christmas Eve”. So with 5 days until Christmas, I thought I had nothing to worry about. WRONG. It is now December 27th, 3 days AFTER Christmas and my package is still not here. I’ve contact Target 5 times, and not one rep can give me their policy on what they are obligated to provide the customer when they fail to stand behind their “Guaranteed Delivery by Christmas Eve”.

This is false advertising. I did not only pay for an item, I paid for a service. If you can’t provide the service the customer deserves a full refund. How is it legal for them to advertise a “guarantee”, yet they don’t provide said guarantee, and they are not making it right with the customer? There are hundreds of my exact complaint online but most people will not want the hassle of escalating their issue, which is upsetting. All these people, myself included, would have purchased their items from other companies, but target placed false ads, made empty promises, and did not deliver on their contractual obligation. If I did something like that I would be in jail. TARGET IS GETTING AWAY WITH FRAUD!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I purchased a pair of headphones online at Target. They said I could pick them up at my local store. When I got to the store the next morning when they opened, they said they no longer had the headphones, the night before online information was not up to date. They sent me to another Target where they had one pair left. The manager said I couldn't switch the pickup store I had chosen. I explained that they were the ones who sent me to her store since they no longer had the headphones. She said there was now a hold on my payment, which were Target gift cards, and that I couldn't purchase the headphones for a couple of days until the payment hold cleared.

I told her that that didn't make any sense, since they were the ones who had sold me the headphones with the wrong information. I went home to cancel the order and one option was ship to home. It said 2 day shipping so I clicked and then it said they wouldn't arrive for at least a week! I contacted through Live chat the Target representative who said she couldn't cancel my order even though I had only placed it 10 minutes ago! She was quite rude and no help at all. She said that since the order was in the system nothing could be done. I shop at Target every week and spend a lot of money there, but this experience has really soured me on their policy. DO NOT Make AN ONLINE PURCHASE to PICKUP in STORE! They have my $215 and I have nothing!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

If you have an issue with your Target order, please be prepared to be treated so rudely and with no regard for your issue. Not only was the shipping date falsely advertised, when I called about the issue to make sure the gift I ordered would arrive on time, I was basically told I was a liar. Thankfully, I had screenshot the information and was able to send it via email. However, even then both customer service representatives (one being a supervisor) we’re both rude and insensitive. I have such disrespect for Target now. It’s such a shame!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Went to Erie store to make an exchange. I was told that I would only get part of it back because it's "on sale" (same price online that was paid at time of purchase). They did not have item available. Asked if I could use card online - told I could but then tried to order items online when I got home - can't use it. What a racket. I didn't get the item, or the purchase price, and I have a store card that is useless unless I want to drive 60 miles back to Erie to use it. Wow, what a racket - and I forgot to mention that Natalie hung up on me during live chat. I will never shop at Target and I'm going to be sure to tell the person who bought this gift for me how it was handled. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER CARE.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I love, love, love, Target. Every time I choose to shop there every employee is very nice & helpful and OMG the prices are so affordable. Another thing that I love is the store is always well organized & always stocked & clean!!!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Ordered Christmas gift for my son on Dec. 16, first pick up was delayed until Dec 24th, checked tracking status on Dec 24th. Item was at my local store but according to employees they didn't have enough manpower or equipment to find my order, even though the ordered stated it would be available Dec. 24th. Manager gave me a gift card for amount paid and sent me to another target that supposedly had the item in stock, of course I get to this other Target and the item is sold out. So now the main gift that my son wanted for Christmas will not be there and the purpose of ordering online is to prevent all the frustration, crowds, and running around which I ended up doing anyway with no prevail. Don't offer a service if your company/stores are not prepared to handle the volume of orders.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Online order was empty box as postman noted a huge RIP in the side. He made digital notes, I took pics. Contacted Target through email. Nothing 10 days later. Crickets. Called CS. Woman supposedly sent request for refund. We will see. Nothing to date. Awful experience and lack of human intervention. Sad. Sears went down this same path.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I was happy that I was able to find the item that I was looking for, I have been looking all over at different stores and I could not find it. I was able to get it at a store around my job instead of in my neighborhood. The clerks were really helpful in the store. Asking you if you needed help and what were you looking for.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Their associates are all very personable and helpful. They will walk you clear across the store to make sure you find what you are looking for. The atmosphere is inviting and you can always find great deals.

Target Stores Company Information