1.67/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2548 Target Stores Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

This literally broke the camel's back. I will never go back to Target again nor will my family and friends after they saw what happened, I had ordered two bench chairs from Target and they had some crazy sale where they were really discounted for just that day. Couldn’t be happier with my purchase. I checked on the correct store that still had some and checked out. The next day after I got off work I went to the Target I chose to get told they don’t have my pick up order, confused I asked them “ok it says you do so how do we go about this”? He told me “I have no idea. You need to figure that out”. That already pissed me off so I look at my order and it said it was at another store so I go there, same exact thing.

So I call customer service to see what is going on with my order. I got attitude the minute the representative got on the phone. I told him “this isn’t the store I had placed my order for” and I just kept getting the same thing. “Well it’s not my fault you chose the wrong store but we can cancel the order for you and have it sent to yours”. I said “ok but am I going to get it for the same price I paid for”? He said “no you won’t and I can’t adjust it for you”. So I had to drive an hour away just to get my two benches, Target's customer service is absolutely horrible. I think I get better customer service at my local Walmart with them being on their damn phones 24/7. If I could give them all zeros and a giant middle finger on this site I would. I will not be back. Beware of their customer service. Complete trash!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I never did return to Target after this incident that happened roughly five years ago. I was pulling a box off the shelf when an overhead box came down struck me on the side of the face, smashing my glasses. Ultimately bruising my face too and it jarred my neck as well. The box contained one of those large wardrobes that you assemble and hang clothes on to dry. Had a lot of stainless steel in it. This happened at Target M59 and Schoenherr in Shelby Township Michigan. I was jarred and I could barely see without my glasses, but I did report it to the office. They came back to the area I was injured at. They took my incident report. They took pictures of me and my glasses. While I was hurt, I was able to drive. Because I was jarred I went to a chiropractor. I had to resort to wearing an old pair of glasses which had an incorrect script, outdated.

Because I have a severe astigmatism and the fact I get the glasses minimized, transition lenses, those glasses had cost me $1,100. When I went to the chiropractor at that time that visit was $30 although I did go to subsequent visits so it was more. Ended up with a bruise/swelling on my face. When the facility that handles Target's claims contacted me, and I can't remember the name of them, they told me that Target had a "no medical clause". When I asked them to explain this, they indicated that they were not responsible for any cost or injury I incurred from the box falling on me. They questioned me as if I was criminal, insinuating that I had made it up and that they thought it was fishy that nobody else had witnessed it.

I questioned that corporation handling that claims as to what if it had been somebody that had been more frail than me or even a child, the weight of that hitting them could have easily killed them. They reiterated that they would not reimburse me for the glasses. They may consider paying the $30 for one chiropractic visit, but that was the extent of what they were giving me. I never did get the $30 reimbursement. I've never returned to a Target. I've never gotten over this incident as I think it's just horrific that they treated me the way they did and that somebody could have gotten killed and an incident such as this and they would never have accepted any responsibility for the fact that they had not properly shelved their merchandise. I hope many others read this. I hope they check into the way Target is. If you truly knew these things, you would never shop there again. At least I don't see how you'd be able to in good conscience.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Cyber Monday purchased an Xbox 1 bundle, an extra controller and another game. Great deal for all of it. The game and controller were to be shipped and the console to be picked up in 2 hours in store. The shipped items were no problem. After calling the store for 2 day about the in-store pickup (understanding with Cyber Monday it can take longer) my wife went in to see about it and customer service said the order was canceled and now out of stock and was told to call customer service 800.440.0680. Well they offered me a gift card for $200 that I would receive in 15 days and can buy the item then at full price (an extra hundred $).

However they had another sale. We spoke that I would miss this sale as well because it would not last until I received the gift card. (What an amazing money making scheme from another corporate giant... Take the customer's money. Not give them what they order, probably ruin a kid's Xmas wish but please come and reinvest your money with us).

I asked if they can just send me the item since it is back in stock. I was told no and the process needs to start from the beginning and that best thing. I wanted my money back and they said I would be contacted in a few days. I was sent an email stating that I will see a refund in 30 days. Thank you Target. I will have my refund by Valentine's Day. The only reason I gave 1 star is because I had to so, the star is for the one employee that handles the carts. He is an older gentleman with an accent. He gets the star because every time I am there (used to often...) he always has a great attitude, speaks with everyone and has a big personality.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Had a Christmas tree shipped to store as part of a multi-item order. The order delivery date was scheduled later than my other items (no big deal). Then the delivery date was changed the day the item was supposed to come in. I called customer service the on the new in store delivery date and was told it would be delayed again. I asked for information about whether the manufacturer had filled the order or if it was shipped or at a distribution center and would get diverted to the order status (order placed and option to ship to store). Neither of which answered the question.

The third time I contacted them (via online chat) I got transferred to a "specialist" who told me it shipped, but wouldn't give me the shipping info and then told me it would be in the store that day or the next - a lie! Not only did it not arrive the next day, the shippers that are used for items like that don't even work on Sunday. Enough is enough. At least the in store customer service team is excellent, but they can't make the item appear or track it.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

After having a gift card balance drained and transferred to another gift card. We have received zero assistance from Target. Even though after reading about their million dollar issue with gift card theft they don’t even want to try to gather information from us to help them understand what happened and who might be responsible. Even though we have spent nearly two hundred dollars a month at Target stores we no longer feel able to shop there after dealing with their customer care channels incompetence. Good luck Target - we have no issues paying the same price at other places. Bye.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I ordered a product from Target and then the email said it was delivered to my house, but I received a completely different item. Then when I called customer service they said this product was out of stock and that I had to drive to Target and return the incorrect product. So I was supposed to waste my time returning the incorrect product AND I didn’t get the original item that I ordered! This is beyond RIDICULOUS. So I ordered it from Walmart and am very happy with the product. I’m very disappointed in Target and their customer service.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

On November 28th, I placed an order for Huggies Diapers and wipes. A few days later, I received an email saying BOTH of my items were delivered. However, I only received wipes, and no diapers. On December 3rd, I contacted a Target agent and he said he would fix the problem by reshipping the diapers through EXPRESS shipping. Which is supposed to take 1 business day to receive after the item ships.

Now, here we are on December 7th and not only am I still not getting my diapers today, but now, they are expected tomorrow. That is not at all Express Shipping. Now, my baby has ran out of diapers and I will have to spend extra money to go purchase them in town, which is a 45 minute drive from me. This was supposed to be a convenient way to get the diapers my baby needs and instead, it has been a terrible experience that I am very disappointed with. I will never order from Target.com again! P.S.- When contacting another agent about this problem via chat, he offered no solution and then ended the chat leaving me with no answers.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I placed an online order and within a few minutes I’m told that it is ready. I go to review the email I had received, and it shows only one item got charged from my card... Yet I had received an email prior that shows I had been charged for both items. I attempt to call the Target store, and I get a lady who is very abrupt and rude, tells me she will “transfer me to guest services” then proceeds to just leave me hanging on the line. I call the store back, get the same lady who I can now hear her talking about how “I keep calling” when I had only called twice just TRYING to reach someone in regards to my order issue. This isn’t the first time Target has disappointed me... I’m done. Target really needs to reevaluate who they hire.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I placed an order with Target.com on November 27th and was told my order would be delivered on November 29th because I had qualified for free 2-day delivery. I waited and waited and waited... I called the company on December 3rd to check on the status of my order and was told they didn't know what had happen but someone would contact me in 24 hours. I was given a case number. 24 hours later, no call. I tried contacting the site again (via chat) and the agent simply disconnected me when I asked why no one had contacted me and asked that my order be delivered Today. I called the customer support number and asked to speak to a manager. I was placed on hold for over 20 minutes and finally was disconnected from the call.

I called again and this time I was finally transferred to a manager, Julia. Not a very helpful person at all! Instead of offering SOLUTIONS, or apologizing for the problems I was experiencing, Julia simply said that the RESEARCH team in charge of figuring out what was the delay in my order was really behind and she couldn't really tell me when they would call back. Probably at least 72 hours... She told me I could re-order the item for store pickup (at a much higher price of course). She offered no real solutions and basically just sighed loudly because apparently, I was being an inconvenience! When I asked what she did for the company she told me she was a CUSTOMER SERVICE manager... Well forgive me then for expecting better service from Target! I WILL NEVER AGAIN order anything from Target.com.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I tried to order Christmas gifts online. Had my promo code, all of my stuff in order, clicked send, done. But, it wasn't until several days later that I got a notification that a big chunk of my order had been canceled because "they couldn't process my address", but the rest of the order was able to send (and is here right now). I have had to spend the past two days trying get all of the things I wanted to get, but some of these items have gone out of stock since I first tried to order them.

Now, thanks to Target's inadequate notification/problem-solving systems, I cannot get these items for family members, and have had to try to get what I could get shipped in several different orders (some only containing one item). Also, when trying to reorder two things, a blanket and a Chiefs phone stand set, it prepared the blanket and it is on its way as I type, but the Chiefs stuff was canceled for no given reason, so now I have to ship it on its own. I am being told by the site to expect three separate packages, each containing 1-2 items, all on the same day. Ridiculous.

Also, when I tried to use the promo code (because it did nothing when the original order was canceled), the site kept saying it was not a valid promo code. But, the code itself says 20% off storewide purchase, from 11/27/18-12/8/18, and I am only trying to order one thing and I have looked and I know it is not a part of any of the brands/items that were not included in the promo. I love Target stores, and I had had a lot of gift cards saved to do holiday shopping with, but after this experience, never again. Target is taking away my Christmas spirit.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Placed an order online. Was told via email order was ready. Then received email saying order was out of stock. Then tried to have picked up at different store or shipped. Target website will not allow me to do so. I have now been on hold for over a half hour and counting. Never will order anything or step foot in a Target again.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I am sick and tired of Target's incompetence and complete lack of customer service and support. The most recent order has been a disaster. Order was placed on 11/24. Target states it was shipped in 2 separate shipments via UPS. UPS has yet to receive either shipment. Customer service? They want me to continue to wait. Order was supposed to be delivered by 11/29, and this worthless company wants me to sit back and wait for things they have managed to not send.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I purchased an item for customer pickup on Black Friday. I stopped by the store 4 days later to pick up the item. They canceled the order because it took me longer than 3 day to go to the store. Black Friday deal is gone.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I was in the market for a new smart tv and found one at Target on Cyber Monday. I put my order in and received a confirmation that they received my order. I waited and waited to get a message that my tv was ready to be picked up. No email ever came, so on Tuesday morning I called the store and found out that they did have my tv and that the order hadn't been completely processed, so I headed to the store which is 45 minutes from my home and like others, got an email on my drive that the tv was no longer available! I was given a link for shipping/pickup options.

The link showed no other Target store had one in stock, but I decided to go and check for myself. One store had 3 and didn't offer to honor the sale and another one had 1 in stock which was a display and offered a deal, but not for the price I would have received for Cyber Monday. After I got home I called the customer support and they replied back that they showed no inventory of the local stores. Great inventory control and great management -- NOT!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I ordered several items on Target.com on Black Friday only to find out the next day that my order was cancelled because of an error on Target's part. I then ordered again on Cyber Monday, same cancellation. I then ordered again with the 20% off coupon I earned for shopping on Black Friday, my order was cancelled again. I then chatted with an agent who guaranteed my order would be filled with the 20% off, the next day that order was cancelled as well. Four orders were cancelled.

I then chatted online again with an agent explaining the above situation. After speaking to three different agents for over two hours I was told that my order was not permitted to be purchased and they suggested that I go to the store and purchase my items, and then return to Target.com chat to receive a 15% discount... Horrible store! Target.com is the worst! Do Not WASTE your time... I attempted to purchase a wireless controller for Xbox one, games, and Echo, and a shirt.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Ordered 2 Firesticks on Cyber Monday. Still waiting. What good is offering 2 day delivery if you don't deliver. Very disappointing! Never have been a big fan of Target's policies. Hope they get their act together.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Do not EVER buy ANYTHING from Target online! They sent someone else's order (with their packing slip and a product, worth $120 less than my order, that I can't even use) in my box with NONE of my items in it. I lost ALL my Black Friday deals because they are now out of stock and can't reship them. I've talked to 5 people now (including a supervisor) and am STILL trying to get my refund so I can find those items somewhere else (and now I will also miss out on all the other Cyber Week deals). Their customer service is the WORST. Sad because I used to love Target. Sticking with Amazon or Walmart for now on!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Shipt.com had a promotion with Target.com. For every 50.0 in food ordered through Shipt the customer received a 10.00 gift card good only on Target.com. I attempted to redeem the two gift cards I had received for 2 American Heritage end tables. The card was not reflected on my invoice for the items. I called customer service, waited 20 minutes and was told that the card would be applied when the items were shipped. Both items have shipped and the gift cards were not applied. I called customer service again, waited 16 minutes and was told that the system had crashed and to call back again. The customer service representatives could not understand why I was calling. Their English was so poor that I could not understand them. Target should be embarrassed by their poor service. After all, this is the time of year that they make all their money. I will not be a Target customer in the future.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

We looked online for the best price on a new Alexa show Gen 2. We found it at Target for $170.00. The ad showed the item in stock at the Roseville MN store. We drove there to purchase the item. Although the ad showed on their own store computers, we were told the price was $229.00. We were told they would only honor the "Target.com price" and we should have look there vs the online ad. In other we'll run an ad, but our own price is the real price. I hate Target, we were made to feel like it's our fault we don't know their internal policies.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I ordered a set of barstools last night (Cyber Monday) from Target online. They were 15% off the regular price which I thought was a decent price after looking at other websites. This morning I got an email from Target online shopping and the same stools I ordered were significantly less expensive than the sale price from last night. I called Target and sat on hold for 45 minutes waiting to see if they would lower the price to the current price and was told that they can't do this. I told them to cancel my order since they hadn't shipped yet and I'd reorder them at the lower price and they said they couldn't do this either.

They said I had to wait until they are in transit and then see if they can adjust the price. This is absolutely ridiculous! Why waste the money to ship them if I'm going to cancel the order? I guess I will wait until they get here and then promptly take them back to Target since I refuse to do business with a company who can't match their own price. I'm pretty disappointed in Target now and won't shop there anymore.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Pre Black Friday shopping on Thursday I decided to buy a Nintendo Bundle at Target online store. It was not available to be shipped so I had to pick it up at a store an hour distance from my house. After entering my credit card, got my confirmation and decided to go pick it up during the weekend. On my way to the store on Monday I looked my emails looking for the confirmation and for my surprise I got an email cancelling my order because it was not picked up by Saturday. I am very upset, this is the first time I order something to be pick up at a store and I would never imagine they will cancel in 48 hours.

Target should be more specific and transparent at the time you place an order. It should specify the timeframe to pick up the merchandise, not 2 days later on a separate email. Immediately I called customer service, after an hour waiting an agent picked up, apologize and explained that they did not charge my card until I pick up my order. I requested them to deliver my order due to availability online, she put me on hold to verify if she could do anything, after waiting for another 20 minutes the call was dropped. I called again, waited 50 minutes, someone answer the call and it was dropped again. I am on my third attempt, while writing this review, waiting now for 23 minutes...

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I spent all day trying to order a television online, every store I looked at had at least 1 in stock. Every time I ordered I would get an email sometimes 2 hrs later stating it wasn’t available. I tried ordering from 4 different Target stores. Now I have missed out on the Cyber Monday sale. Very disappointed with Target.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I ordered 4 bar stools online from Target. The order requested 26 inches bar stools as advertised. However, when I received the items -- the boxes were marked in large letters on the outside of each box 24 inches. I contacted Target and attempted to exchange the items and I was advised that they did not have the 26-inch bar stools in stock. I returned the items as instructed within 2 days of the receipt of the wrong items. I was instructed that it would be 2-3 weeks before I received my refund. No apology for intentionally and deliberately sending the wrong item.

I contacted Target at the end of the 3rd week and they advised me that a refund had been made. Incorrect! No Money returned!!! Target asked me to call my bank! The money was not refunded to my account as stated. I went through 4 service technicians before I was advised that this matter would require the review of a specialty department who would contact me within 24 hours regarding the issue of the refund. That did not happen.

I received an email response today. Stating it would be another 10-14 days before a refund could be made -- that would total approximately 6 weeks. The timetable to return my money is unacceptable. I patiently waited the 3 weeks and Target has had possess of the returned items for 4 weeks. To be told by Target to wait an additional 2 to 3 weeks, is a total disrespect to me as a customer. I try to work with service providers. I was advised that someone would contact me directly from the Specialty Team in light of this situation. But to receive an email advising me that it would take an additional 10 to 14 more days is disrespectful and a total disregard to the customer.

Target received their property and if they had sent what I ordered -- instead of dumping their stock. Target never had the items I requested in stock and Target was not authorized to switch it out and then hold my funds. The Research team has no number and as I have been told they are very busy. Really!!! Target is a large company and the staff to resolve issues. They should do better. Word of advice Beware of ordering online. I went to the Target Website in Customer Support and I was switched to 4 separate clerks who all referred me to some else. I chatted with a high level supervisor and after about 45 minutes I was referred back to the “Research Team.” WOW! Coal for Target.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I made an online purchase for a Graco travel system on November 8th of this year. This item was to be picked up at the Target store on Bosque Blvd in Waco Texas on November 20th. When the delivery date came I received an email stating that my order would be delayed, I found this strange because it had almost been two weeks from when I ordered the item. Friday, the 23rd came, my order still did not arrive and at this time my sister's baby was born three days before! I called customer service and was told that the 24th was in fact the last day and that my order would arrive on Saturday.

When my order still had not arrived on Saturday I called customer service once again where I was put on hold several times as they attempted to figure out where my order was. When the representative came back on the line, they simply asked if I would like to cancel the order. I explained to the representative that it was never my intention to cancel anything, I just wanted my item to be delivered to the store I chose in a reasonable amount of time. The representative then repeated for the second time that I would receive an email when the item was ready to be picked up, but the representative was unable to give me a date when the item would be delivered to this Target location. I did receive an apology from the representative, however, I do not think that will suffice. This extreme incompetence is unacceptable and I will be sure to warn people to make online purchases elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Do not purchase Target e-gift cards. It is a total nightmare. Sometimes they do not get delivered and customers end up having to spends days – weeks dealing with their unprofessional and rude customer service center trying to get their purchased good sent to the recipient. Read the reviews online and you will see what I am talking about.

I purchased an e-gift card on November 19, 2018 for a friend who is having a baby. I received an email confirmation that the e-gift card was sent at 9:26 am on November 19th. The gift card was not received. The regular email inbox and junk email inboxes were checked and the gift card was not delivered to either inboxes. The email address that I sent the gift card to was correct.

Target's website says that gift cards usually are delivered within 4 hours and I had received an email confirmation stating that the gift card was sent, so I decided to call customer service. I called and said that the gift card was not delivered, so I asked for it to be resent or for Target to issue me a refund. The first representative I spoke to said that gift cards can take up to 24 hours to be delivered. I then asked why does the website state that it takes 4 hours then? She said that the website does not say that. I then asked to speak to a supervisor because on the website it says that it takes 4 hours. The representative eventually transferred me after I asked several times to speak to someone else.

The second representative I spoke to named Varaan was not a supervisor, she was a specialist. So, the first representative ignored my request and just transferred me to another representative. When she transferred me she made it like she was transferring me to a supervisor. I told Varaan my issue and I again asked for the gift card to be resent or for a refund. She said that she wouldn't resend the gift card or issue me a refund, because gift cards are nonrefundable. I asked if there was someone higher than her that I can speak to. She kept insisting that there wasn't and kept repeating that she was a "Specialist".

I kept asking her who was above her that I could speak to and she insisted over and over that she was the highest person and that I was speaking to someone at Target's corporate offices. Finally, she did mention setting up a call back with a supervisor. I then asked her why would she lie and keep insisting that she was the highest person I could speak to when I asked her multiple times to speak to someone else. She said that she didn't lie. That she told me she was a "Specialist". She then offered to set up a callback with a supervisor that would take 24 - 48 hours. I declined and said that I would wait on hold until a supervisor was available. She then hung up on me.

Both representatives were extremely unhelpful and did not resolve my issue. They both put me on hold multiple times throughout the exchange as well. The gift card still has not been delivered, and it is now 48 hours later, but Target charged my account for the $50.00. At this point I would like the money for the gift card refunded to me, because I ended up having to buy the person a different gift since the e-gift card I bought from Target was not delivered as promised on their website. They should not just get to keep my money without actually delivering the service I paid for.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

It took FOREVER to get the item for pick up In Store (8 days) and then I got lost in time to pick it up (5 days) then I show up in the store To pick it up. They said it was nothing for me There to pick up. When I checked in my email I got a message saying my purchased was canceled. I don’t have a Target in my town. And I Can't buy things to get delivered in my mail because my neighbors steal my stuff... So I’m right now feeling frustrated. May need to wait again to get the urgent Item I’m so in need right now. THANK YOU FOR NOTHING TARGET AT MARLBOROUGH ROUTE 20.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Alert to all Grandparents, aunts, uncles etc...if you purchase a digital video game you CANNOT RETURN IT. This is not documented on the item when you click on it and place in your basket. To find this out you would need to scroll down screen to review more information. Most of us don’t read the details of a “Pokémon” video game. We click and pay. Waste of money.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I had problems with one store in which the manager seemed to be letting things slip badly. I managed to get someone in their so-called guest services department on the phone. This person took down my information and then said she would forward my complaint to the store manager. Since the store manager was, in fact, the problem, this wasn't going to help. That's when I discovered that there is no way to escalate a complaint! And that's when I stopped shopping at Target. But I still have a Target credit card, with a large outstanding balance. I ran into some trouble and got my account put on a payment plan.

Less than two months later, with all the payments having been made, they reported me as delinquent to the credit bureaus. They claim that this was a system error and that they'll fix it - in a few days. No offers of any compensation for my trouble. When I asked for an address to send a legal demand letter, the rep refused and hung up on me. It seems they'd rather push me to get a lawyer and sue them than let me talk to someone who might offer an acceptable resolution. Well, if that's what they want...

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

On Nov 14, 2018 Target online has LG 65UK6090PUA advertised for $899. It shows that it can't be shipped to my zip code. On Nov 15, 2018, the same TV is advertised for $599 (sale ends today). Again it says: "Shipping to 73134 no longer available, buy in store." I visit the local store, I show the online ad that says it is available at the local store. The employee looked it up and there were 7 available at $899. The manager refused to match the price stating that since it is "no longer available for shipping" they do not have to match the price. I argue the point that I had selected "my store" and it still showed $599 and said "buy in store".

The manager said: "Yes, you can buy it in store for $899, we will not match the online price." I brought up that the policy says: "WE MATCH TARGET.COM PRICES ON IN STORE PURCHASE AND IN STORE PRICES FOR TARGET.COM PURCHASES. In store price matches from other Target stores are excluded."

Again I was told they didn't have to match the price since it shows not available for shipping. Something else to think about: If it was not available the day before, how can they run a sale on an item they don't have?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I purchased a 84" curtain panel and one of the layers of decorative ruffles at the top of the curtain was sewn into a seam rendering the item defective. Target will not mail me a replacement because the item was purchased in-store, so it must be exchanged in-store. Yet, the item is currently out of stock at the store where I purchased it. I don't understand why Target would expect me to waste my time and money to go across town to get a replacement when they could just as easily mail a replacement with the address I provided when I e-mailed guest.service@target.com. Their customer service is horrendous.

Target Stores Company Information