2. Shopping

Target Stores

Target Stores
Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.97/5

Target is a big-box store that stocks general merchandise. It allows customers to find pretty much everything they need in one store, saving them time and effort. At Target, customers can find everything from groceries and household essentials to home decor and office supplies. The company provides free two-day shipping on online orders, but customers can pay extra for same-day delivery.

Top Target Stores Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Target provides great value for a wide variety of products. … The seasonal products are often unique and of very good quality. Pet products are priced below Pet Smart & PetCo. Finally, the stores are adequately staffed to assure a swift checkout…

When I need something quick or just to browse and shop ideas are endless at Target… The housing bay of clean shopping carts, clean bathrooms at the front entry and HR resources in view with lots of room, is a strong indication TARGET focuses on their patrons…

Target Stores Shop Now

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

What is Target?

Target is a big-box retailer known for its affordability and wide selection of products. The store boasts everyday low prices, but it also offers weekly deals, clearance prices and other in-store markdowns. Customers who hold a RedCard credit or debit card can save an extra 5% on their purchases. RedCard holders also get exclusive offers and deals to save even more.

Target makes customer experience a top priority. Stores have spacious and uncluttered aisles for both customer comfort and ease of access. Employees frequently perform zone sweeps to ensure shelving is neat and properly stocked.

What does Target do?

Target offers customers a variety of mid- to high-quality products at affordable prices. Customers can find many reliable brands at Target, including Dyson, KitchenAid, Apple and many more trusted names. The company also has its own brands in nearly every category. These brands include Market Pantry, Archer Farms, Threshold, Boots & Barkley, Up & Up and Xhilaration.

With such a variety of brands, Target provides customers with options to fit almost any budget for nearly any purchase. Whether you’re decorating a dorm room, investing in long-term needs for your home, refreshing your wardrobe, prepping for a party or looking to fill your pantry, you can find most everything you need with one trip to Target.

Target prices

The amount of money you spend at Target will greatly depend on the type of purchase you’re making. The grab-and-go area of Bullseye’s Playground at store entrances presents you with neat finds for just a couple of dollars. You can find clothing staples for as little as $5, or build a full outfit for less than $100.

Target carries several brands, so there is something for every budget. For example, if Threshold home decor is out of your price range, Room Essentials might be a better fit. You can find various brands for everything from coffee makers to cookware, vacuums to televisions and more.

Target also regularly offers great deals on their flyer items, and customers can often find in-store markdowns. Regular Target shoppers may want to consider a RedCard to save an extra 5%.

Target FAQ

What kind of a store is Target?
Target is a general merchandise retailer. It’s a superstore that carries a variety of brands, product lines and product types.
How many stores does Target have?
According to the corporate website, Target has 1,880 stores in the U.S. It has stores in all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
Can you order from Target online?
Target does have online ordering. Along with standard shipping, customers can choose same-day delivery, in-store pickup or curbside pickup.
Does Target have stores in other countries?
Target has several offices globally but no other stores. Target attempted an expansion to Canada in 2013, but the attempt was ultimately unsuccessful; all stores were closed by April 2015.

Is Target a good company?

Target is an excellent company to shop with. It prioritizes customer experience, so it’s easy to feel like you’re not in a big-box store while still saving money. Target is a popular choice for almost any shopping need, and you see that popularity across social media. Target carries both popular brand names and its own brands, which means they have products at multiple price points. There are also ways to save, such as the Target RedCard. Overall, Target provides an enjoyable and affordable shopping experience.

Target Stores Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target Stores?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

A great place to shop for all kinds of merchandise for the home. The sheets they carry are of high quality and the price is very comparable to other stores and on sale the price can not be beat. There is a large variety of cleaning products with exceptional pricing. Their collection of baby clothes and variety of useful baby furniture can not be beat. Their selection of exercise equipment is as good and price wise can not be beat. They have a wide variety of electronic equipment to suit anyone needs with pricing as good as other department stores. They have a fantastic online shopping with delivery to store with easy pickup by Customer. Making this a valuable tool to use when a person is in a hurry and wanting to save time. Target has a unique grocery area and comparable pricing on items. I would highly recommend shopping at Target for food prices on items and their 5% discount is a great tool to help make shopping better.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Target's shopper service SHIPT has been a lifeline when my husband & I were both too ill, or the weather was too awful, to get in a car and go shopping! SHIPT has been great. The extra added benefit was to discover online items that I never would have discovered if I was standing in front of the shelves. You can also build your grocery list across a couple of days. It allows you plenty time to create your list from all the possibilities that they will deliver for you. I haven't minded that it might cost me a little more in order to tip my shopper. Believe me they really earn their tips!

Plus after the generous 4 week trial period, I signed up for a $99 subscription, since it had more than proven itself useful. Since I always shopped at Target anyway, I've been able to get familiar products delivered right to my front door. The items are delivered in regular Target plastic sacks, no bulky boxes, and I can get unpacked in a few minutes! I love Target. Their array of products are great, and the SHIPT shopper service is phenomenal.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

Target is becoming my go-to store for almost everything. From groceries, to kitchen and bath necessities, clothes and finally personal care items. I can always count on my favorite yogurt Fage being at my Target store. (Coleman Ave., San Jose, CA). I like Target’s brand of alkaline drinking water. It taste as good as one of the more higher priced name brands. Any household appliance I may need will almost always be found at Target. Lest I forget my personal items. I have found the prices to be very affordable and I appreciate how they stay fully stocked. The only reason I could only answer with number “4” is because of Target’s clothes. Their clothes for women and men are very high priced and I haven’t really found anything there that I like enough to continue to shop at Target for clothes. But Target gets 4 out of 5 stars in my book!! For the most part, I can count on them for most anything needed during my work week.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Target is an excellent shopping venue! I can purchase everything I could possibly need for myself; my household needs and even food for my dog!! I can find cards for family and friends for any and all occasions. Then I can saunter away from the card section and buy a gift for everyone I buy gifts for; from clothes or toys for kids, to games for “older kids”, clothing, books and or new techie gadgets!!! I can also find wrapping paper and or gift bags, all at a reasonable price. If my allergies happen to be bothering me that day, I can go in the pharmacy area and purchase anything I may need there. Then if I need toilet paper, tissue, dishwasher soap, and personal grooming items I can purchase those as well. All during the same trip. I might even see something I want to wear???? Alas, I can purchase items for dinner. After all of that shopping I am typically hungry when I leave the store!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

November 29 I bought toys for my kids. Well December 15 toys go on sale. I go to Target. There was two rude employees at customer service. Told me past 14 days told me bring back items return them rebuy them. Well presents are wrapped so no I’m not unwrapping. I order the same items online for target pickup. I go to target with my son. It’s 9pm. I explained to the associate. I bought the items already in November. Now they’re on sale. I just wanna return the items with my other receipt. The girl didn’t even bring the stuff from the back knowing my son was right there. She returned it. Got my money back. She was so helpful. I’m so thankful. I explained to her how today at 10 am I was there but the other ladies wouldn’t help me. The date today when all this happened was 12/16/19 9pm. Customer service employee name was Erica. She was wonderful. Really helped me out. It was target in Mays Landing.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

I purchased this unlit 7’ artificial Christmas Tree at Target last week and was amazed at how full and truly beautiful it was once out of the box and fully decorated. The tree was on sale, I paid $34.20 after the sale price less my 5% Red Card discount. We have a small apartment tight on space, searched the internet, and came across Target’s “Wondershop” Christmas Trees. We checked the in-store display and decided to purchase it... And we’re so happy we did.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

Buyers Beware of Target's Electronics Dept and 3rd party Market Source Inc mobile dept in Target, employees cannot be trusted with your personal info while they are setting up your new or used mobile phone. They will hack your phone, steal from your info and do idenity theft on you and the store managers and corporate will tell lies on you and back her untrustworthy employees up for committing crimes against customers. That's how they really make their money doing identity theft on customers.

Target Electronic Employees asking customers for your medical insurance info in order for them to do identity theft on you and get your medical insurance as well as hacking your emails, etc and all your online accounts. They will hack and they will also evesdrop on your phone calls and use your IMEI on your phone to track you and do other fraud. Target has received numerous complaints about market source inc in their stores from their customers and nothing is being done about it by target. This has been reported to BBB and police.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Due to the Covid-19 outbreak my husband and I decided to use online shipping for Christmas this year. Yesterday we received a gift we had ordered for our grandson, the Target box it was shipped in was in perfect shape with the target tape across it. When we opened the box the Fortnite Deluxe Bus box was crunched, ripped, and opened. Clearly the person putting in the box knew this and shipped it anyway. Returned it to Target to find out they are out of stock at every store within 150 miles and online.

Was able to locate it on Amazon, but had to pay 17.56 more for the product because it is no longer on sale. Target employees stopped just short of calling me a liar when I returned the item in the shipping box and wouldn't help me try to locate one at a Target further away. Definitely not going to think twice before shipping from Target again, knowingly shipping damaged items rather than dealing with the issue at point of sale is wrong.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

Purchased a 70" TV only to find out that the TV in my box was not the one I purchased. Apparently, someone in Target's supply chain (Wisconsin) swapped out with an old/non-working TV and stole the good one along with all the accessories (legs, manual, remote, etc). The TV cost me close to $900 and I paid an additional $85 for the 3 year warranty.

When I reached out to Target customer service, they were responsive and promised they would reach out to Vizio (the TV manufacturer) to see if someone had connected to the internet on the TV with the serial # on my box BEFORE my purchase. Unfortunately, Vizio claimed they did not see anyone log on prior to the purchase, which puts me out of luck with Target. They were unable to assist me and now I'm out close to $1000 dollars. I am sick to my stomach. I do understand that it's my word and anyone could call up claiming what I did... Just frustrating that there are no checks and balances for high-ticket items like this.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

Items, especially furniture, often arrives damaged due to poor packaging. I would say about 75% of all furniture items I've ordered from them come with severe damage due to poor packaging. However, they are so flexible and customer service is so great that I still continue to purchase their beautiful items. So many companies could learn from Target's great service (looking at you Pottery Barn!).

Target Stores Company Information