3.92/5
Based on 2,166 ratings submitted in the last year

2718 Target Stores Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I like Target - a store I chose over its nearest competitor. The customers are more civilized and don't block an entire aisle making selection. Have better products at reasonable price, employees are most part friendly and knowledgeable, if not they find help to give the correct answer. Stores are clean, wide aisle and offer good selections.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

My local Target has a grocery section, but they don't carry things that I want. I like Dove candy, but they don't have the type I like. I like Foster Farms buffalo chicken, but they don't carry it, etc., etc. I still like the store though. They have lots of other things. Large selection of cosmetics.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Love shopping at Target. They always have a wonderful selection no matter what the department. I always come away with new ideas for my home. As for groceries they are always fresh and well presented. Ladies apparel will always have something new and different no matter your size. Love their lingerie and athletic wear...always the best. The toy selection is awesome along with the books section. Excellent selection for my Grandchildren. It's always clean. The employees are always friendly too. I love Target.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I find Target to be a well-kept store, with good products plus a friendly and helpful staff in my experience. I am not sure what else to add... except good prices too. I am sorry if this is not enough but it illustrate the saying that "HAPPY PEOPLE" have no story to tell.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Target is usually a decent shopping experience. Getting someone to help you find something can be a bit difficult in some areas but possible if you persevere. The products are useful and prices for items on sale are about average.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Target used to be one of my favorite stores, reasonable prices, some quality clothing, had variety of products. Today I can’t say the same. Many products they don’t have any longer, they only sell their brand; the clothing became such a bad quality and prices are so high. I don’t go there any more than every 6 month, which I used to go every week.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Purchase and shopping was uneventful. I placed a partial order for pick up and the girl did forget something initially so it is important to pay attention. I did not see the parking lot pick up option on the website which is what I was looking for.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Every time I go to Target, I don't have to look very far to find someone to assist me. They are friendly. They know the product I show interest in. The displays are very well stocked. I enjoy my shopping trip.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I ordered 3 garage cabinets that needed to be put together. Two were fine, but the third did not have the hardware bag with the necessary screws etc. I contacted Target to see if they could ask the manufacturer to send the hardware to me, but they wanted me to return the cabinet to a Target store and order a new one. The cabinet weighs about 60 pounds and I can't easily return it. They refused to contact the manufacturer. I contacted the manufacturer myself and they happily sent out the hardware. I feel that if Target sells merchandise, they should do whatever they can to make sure that the items are useable. I will not be ordering anything from Target in the future. There are many, many online stores that do stand behind their products and they will be getting my business in the future.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Love the new style and ease to cash out. Their cashiers stand out and greet you if their aisle is open. Always friendly and pleasant and store is clean plus even if parking lot looks packed never any long lines.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I enjoy shopping at Target, the experience is always very good. The quality of the merchandise is always excellent. I always find the stores neat and clean. Sale items are always in stock. I also find it refreshing not to be forced to listen to the annoying piped in music. It’s amazing how much of a pleasure that is.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Target is a organized store, lately they have lower prices than Walmart. It is located conveniently close to us. The store has new styles in clothes, lots of good brands on sale. Their products are better quality than a lot of other stores.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

The local store is always clean and neat. The employees are very friendly and ready to help you. Customer service is always ready to assist however possible. The parking lot is kept clean and there are always parking places available.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

About a month before the holidays, we went to our local Target for wrapping paper, gift boxes, small appliances and gifts. The quality of the paper goods was abysmal. However, since we were interested in recyclable materials, we found them acceptable. Extremely expensive but acceptable. The small appliances were all Chinese trash, but given present day circumstances we expected nothing else, however the prices were such that we decided to skip the items offered. Clothing was not better, again Chinese trash, cheaply made, mostly plastic, and hideous in style (fashion?), Needing something to put beneath the tree, we made two purchases, both of which had to be returned.

The return process was difficult, although the young man helping us was so over-worked we really had to commend him for his patience and willingness. In short, Target is no worse than any other modern retail store. And it is no better. If I could think of better solution, I would offer it, but given modern economic realities, I doubt anything would be feasible.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Tried to get service. Forget it. The salespeople are too interested in doing the store jobs and I bought a device that tracks my steps and 3 days it was done with never to work again and the prices at Target are way higher than Walmart. So from now on Walmart gets my business and my wife could find no clothes that was to her liking but Walmart did so I did all my Christmas shopping at Walmart.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

They carry nothing or very little of plus size. What they do have is not stylish. I no longer shop there because clothes, shoes and pajama are not for me. The decor selection is very nice but a little pricey. The store seems geared to much younger customers. My daughter likes to shop there.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Aisles well light and space enough to pass with carts. Bright lights which makes things easier to see. Shelves not too high so I can reach the tops. I appreciate that as I am five foot 2. Toy dept very kind and easy access to help. Love the new home goods and designs.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We have shopped at Target for many years. We purchase household and grocery items. Their pricing is good, the stores organized, however they tend to be out of stock for items we need; whether soy milk or sheets, frequently we have to go elsewhere to complete our list. They have redesigned most of the stores in our area, we like to shop in the one that is not remodeled, the new design makes you feel like you're at a Kmart or CVS with diagonal aisles and manogines - I hate it.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I like buying things on Target.com and picking them up at the store. They always have my order ready in about an hour or less, and they're very fast to get it to you when you show up. The sale prices are great too.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Target has great items, great quality and super people. The store is very clean and well stocked. I have only had one problem with Target??? in about 15 years. I had a return that was open and already used, and they refused to take it back. I skipped shopping there for 2 years. I love ❤️ this store even though they did that.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I live close to Target, so I shop there a lot. There are always employees everywhere, but they don't necessarily know about stock in the store, and I prefer to go in, get what I need and leave. I'm not one for lingering in a store. Also, the self-service card readers don't always work properly!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Target sells quality products; it draws people who want products that are nice throughout your home. Target sells their merchandise due to well trained employees who care about their customers. Kindness, Quality, and cleanliness goes a long way. The stores keep up with the disable handicap carts.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I like the store lay out (they have pretty much the same layout in all their stores). This makes it easy to get in and out quickly. Also they are bringing more and more food products into their stores.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

No longer the discount store I expect. Prices have increased above other comparable stores without a corresponding increase in quality. Variety has decreased which makes the store much less valuable and much less likely to be on my list of stores to patronize.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

90% people of no color, people of color, they go next door to WalMart. Target is cleaner and you don't rammed with baskets. Store smells better and has a great selection of things that ** people need and want. Food section is the best on the island and freshest. ** are only 9% of the population, and we do have civil rights too!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I wanted to find suctions cups. It was a bit of a challenge and the first salesperson was not helpful. I was able to get better help and directions at the Customer Service desk. I did get exactly what I wanted.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Target is now and will continue to be my favorite store!! Recently they have taken steps to make shopping there a nicer experience! There are displays and suggestions that I appreciate! The prices are also very good.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Target in Vernon Hills has always been overpriced compared to Jewel, Wal-Mart, Burlington and even many mall stores. Most clothing is from overseas, so the price is outrageous for the quality. Groceries are too costly, store is very wasteful as it doesn't offer day-old produce, bread, etc. Food is discarded-not repurposed. Not exactly my favorite store, just the closest. I'm certain I've been overcharged more often at Target than any other store.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I have always been treated well at Target. I also like the fact that they donate to charitable causes and with my Target card I get 5 percent back. Their merchandise is good quality and they good prices as well.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I will never shop anywhere Like Target or any other businesses that allow men in the lady's room. Just because some of our very own society have gone mad, I will never allow myself or my family or neighbors to be subjected to that type of perversion.

Target Stores Company Information